High Vocal Center
The branch of physics that deals with sound and sound waves. In medicine it is often applied in procedures in speech and hearing studies. With regard to the environment, it refers to the characteristics of a room, auditorium, theatre, building, etc. that determines the audibility or fidelity of sounds in it. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)
In some animals, the jaws together with their horny covering. The beak usually refers to the bill of birds in which the whole varies greatly in form according of the food and habits of the bird. While the beak refers most commonly to birds, the anatomical counterpart is found also in the turtle, squid, and octopus. (From Webster, 3d ed & Storer, et al., General Zoology, 6th ed, p491, 755)
Pattern Recognition, Physiological
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Critical Period (Psychology)
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Evoked Potentials, Auditory
A potent androgenic steroid and major product secreted by the LEYDIG CELLS of the TESTIS. Its production is stimulated by LUTEINIZING HORMONE from the PITUITARY GLAND. In turn, testosterone exerts feedback control of the pituitary LH and FSH secretion. Depending on the tissues, testosterone can be further converted to DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE or ESTRADIOL.
A meshlike structure composed of interconnecting nerve cells that are separated at the synaptic junction or joined to one another by cytoplasmic processes. In invertebrates, for example, the nerve net allows nerve impulses to spread over a wide area of the net because synapses can pass information in any direction.
Genes that show rapid and transient expression in the absence of de novo protein synthesis. The term was originally used exclusively for viral genes where immediate-early referred to transcription immediately following virus integration into the host cell. It is also used to describe cellular genes which are expressed immediately after resting cells are stimulated by extracellular signals such as growth factors and neurotransmitters.
Early Growth Response Protein 1
A subfield of acoustics dealing in the radio frequency range higher than acoustic SOUND waves (approximately above 20 kilohertz). Ultrasonic radiation is used therapeutically (DIATHERMY and ULTRASONIC THERAPY) to generate HEAT and to selectively destroy tissues. It is also used in diagnostics, for example, ULTRASONOGRAPHY; ECHOENCEPHALOGRAPHY; and ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY, to visually display echoes received from irradiated tissues.
A genus of the family HYLOBATIDAE consisting of six species. The members of this genus inhabit rain forests in southeast Asia. They are arboreal and differ from other anthropoids in the great length of their arms and very slender bodies and limbs. Their major means of locomotion is by swinging from branch to branch by their arms. Hylobates means dweller in the trees. Some authors refer to Symphalangus and Nomascus as Hylobates. The six genera include: H. concolor (crested or black gibbon), H. hoolock (Hoolock gibbon), H. klossii (Kloss's gibbon; dwarf siamang), H. lar (common gibbon), H. pileatus (pileated gibbon), and H. syndactylus (siamang). H. lar is also known as H. agilis (lar gibbon), H. moloch (agile gibbon), and H. muelleri (silvery gibbon).
Audiometry, Evoked Response
A form of electrophysiologic audiometry in which an analog computer is included in the circuit to average out ongoing or spontaneous brain wave activity. A characteristic pattern of response to a sound stimulus may then become evident. Evoked response audiometry is known also as electric response audiometry.
Analysis of Variance
A pair of cone-shaped elastic mucous membrane projecting from the laryngeal wall and forming a narrow slit between them. Each contains a thickened free edge (vocal ligament) extending from the THYROID CARTILAGE to the ARYTENOID CARTILAGE, and a VOCAL MUSCLE that shortens or relaxes the vocal cord to control sound production.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Receptor, Melatonin, MT2
Branches of the VAGUS NERVE. The superior laryngeal nerves originate near the nodose ganglion and separate into external branches, which supply motor fibers to the cricothyroid muscles, and internal branches, which carry sensory fibers. The RECURRENT LARYNGEAL NERVE originates more caudally and carries efferents to all muscles of the larynx except the cricothyroid. The laryngeal nerves and their various branches also carry sensory and autonomic fibers to the laryngeal, pharyngeal, tracheal, and cardiac regions.
Striped GRAY MATTER and WHITE MATTER consisting of the NEOSTRIATUM and paleostriatum (GLOBUS PALLIDUS). It is located in front of and lateral to the THALAMUS in each cerebral hemisphere. The gray substance is made up of the CAUDATE NUCLEUS and the lentiform nucleus (the latter consisting of the GLOBUS PALLIDUS and PUTAMEN). The WHITE MATTER is the INTERNAL CAPSULE.
Body Weights and Measures
Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT2
A province of Canada on the Pacific coast. Its capital is Victoria. The name given in 1858 derives from the Columbia River which was named by the American captain Robert Gray for his ship Columbia which in turn was named for Columbus. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p178 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p81-2)
Proto-Oncogene Proteins c-fos
Cellular DNA-binding proteins encoded by the c-fos genes (GENES, FOS). They are involved in growth-related transcriptional control. c-fos combines with c-jun (PROTO-ONCOGENE PROTEINS C-JUN) to form a c-fos/c-jun heterodimer (TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR AP-1) that binds to the TRE (TPA-responsive element) in promoters of certain genes.
Vocal Cord Paralysis
Gene Expression Regulation
Septum of Brain
Principal Component Analysis
Antibodies elicited in a different species from which the antigen originated. These antibodies are directed against a wide variety of interspecies-specific antigens, the best known of which are Forssman, Hanganutziu-Deicher (H-D), and Paul-Bunnell (P-B). Incidence of antibodies to these antigens--i.e., the phenomenon of heterophile antibody response--is useful in the serodiagnosis, pathogenesis, and prognosis of infection and latent infectious states as well as in cancer classification.
Periodic casting off FEATHERS; HAIR; or cuticle. Molting is a process of sloughing or desquamation, especially the shedding of an outer covering and the development of a new one. This phenomenon permits growth in ARTHROPODS, skin renewal in AMPHIBIANS and REPTILES, and the shedding of winter coats in BIRDS and MAMMALS.
The middle of the three primitive cerebral vesicles of the embryonic brain. Without further subdivision, midbrain develops into a short, constricted portion connecting the PONS and the DIENCEPHALON. Midbrain contains two major parts, the dorsal TECTUM MESENCEPHALI and the ventral TEGMENTUM MESENCEPHALI, housing components of auditory, visual, and other sensorimoter systems.
In Situ Hybridization
Performed song(s) 13:05. Sydney, Australia. Oz for Africa. various (depends on the broadcaster) ... Tom Petty performed four songs, and only two were included on DVD. Patti LaBelle played 6 songs but only 2 songs were included ... Many of the artists' songs that were performed were also omitted. For example, Madonna performed three solo songs in the ... As a result, many songs were omitted due to the commercial breaks, as these songs were played during these slots. ...
Just Dance 3
Unlockable depending on the player's mojo. Songs from previous Just Dance titles, along with brand new songs, are featured as ... Note: In the Xbox 360 version, all the songs are listed alphabetically while in the Wii and PS3 versions, the songs are in the ... as well as playlists that group songs into different categories. Players can unlock gifts such as new songs, game modes, as ... Emiliana Torrini's song "Jungle Drum" was going to appear in the game, but it was later taken out for unknown reasons. Ubisoft ...
Music of Mongolia
The song "Ertnii Saikhan" was a popular song at weddings and imperial meetings, and the song "Oyunt Khuu" was a popular song. ... Lyrical themes vary depending on context; they can be philosophical, religious, romance, or celebratory, and often use horses ... xöömii combined with long song "Long songs" (Urtyin duu) are one of the main formats of Mongolian music. Firstly, when Genghis ... Their songs mostly stressed on social issues, philosophy and rebellious ideas. A later generation consisted of bands like Dain ...
The plumage varies somewhat, depending on subspecies. The yellow-rumped thornbill has a distinctive song described as " ...
Octavia (effects pedal)
The effect generated varied depending on use. For example, a clean tone from an electric guitar produced ring modulated ... and can be heard in guitar solos on the song "Purple Haze". Hendrix preferred to call the device the "Octavio", and it is often ...
Ernest H. Hereford
As 1951 went on, the "Fight on, Rebels!" song was dropped by the band during football games, and "Dixie's Land" would be the ... depending on the choice of the students. On September 18, 1951 the fall assembly chose the 'Rebels' as their mascot as a ... a song was already written by Colonel Earl D. Irons and Cothburn O'Neal named 'Fight on, Rebels!' or 'Fight on, Cadets!' ... new school fight song although unofficial. In November 1951, Hereford appointed a committee, with C. M. O'Neal as its chair, to ...
The Choir (band)
We had this song list that was unbelievable... And everybody alternated instruments, depending on what song. We'd have that ... The song was hugely popular in Cleveland and topped the Cleveland charts for six weeks; the song did quite well throughout the ... In 1976, Bomp! Records released a 5-song EP of unreleased songs by the band, called The Choir; it is still available on the ... with eight original songs and a cover of a song by the Kinks. The tape was shipped to several different record labels without ...
... their clothing would also change depending on occasions. Song dynasty empresses wear the huiyi (褘衣); they often had three to ... A painting of Sima Guang, Song dynasty. Song dynasty imperial procession, Northern Song. The clothes worn by Song dynasty ... Song dynasty women wearing beizi; Northern Song dynasty. Song Dynasty Tomb Painting Found in Tengfeng City 6. A painting, ... A Song dynasty period painting of Emperor Wen of Han in bianfu. According to the Song dynasty's regulations, ordinary people ...
"A Song for...", "Trust", and "Depend on You". The DVD and Blu-ray bundles are housed inside a special box packaging, and ... ", "Depend on You", and the non-album single "A Song for...". Hamasaki had to re-record the tracks whilst recording the ... Because of this, specific songs had to be cut from the concert tour because of its high frequency levels. Despite this, she did ... Nearly every single from her three studio albums: A Song for ××, Loveppears (1999), and Duty appeared on the compilation album ...
He also sang songs written and composed by him during katha. His katha depended on audience. To some he would tell about ...
"It Depends," New Ohio Review. Fall, 2017. Print "Errand," The Same. Vol 10, No. 4. Summer/Fall 2012. Print. "Yard Sonnet," Big ... Web "Mourning Song," Big City Lit. Spring 2011. Web Poetry Magazine, Lisa Rhoades, May 2002 Archived 2006-11-17 at the Wayback ...
Greatest Hits (Foo Fighters album)
", "A320"... depends on whom you ask. Personally, I don't think we've written our greatest songs yet. But that door is always ... "Our Best Songs" or "Our Favorite Songs," it is a collection of the songs that have defined our band's identity to most people ... The other 65 album tracks... well, some of those might be our greatest songs. "Aurora", "New Way Home", "MIA", "Exhausted ... "Like nearly all songs recorded specifically for [greatest hits compilations], 'Wheels' and 'Word Forward' are catchy but ...
The songs were released on Radio Javan. The Foundation of the band dates back to early 2002. It was started up by Saman ... it depends on the purpose. Therefore, Zedbazi can be translated as "the Zakhar acts." Zedbazi emerged at the same time as ... The band's first song called "Diss Ajili" is largely credited as the first wildly heard piece of Persian Rap. The band was ... Saman Wilson, who had not been attending to the band's songs after Tabestoon Kootahe, returned and joined Mehrad Hidden, ...
The other songs are pretty rigid so I think they're closer to the image of mannequins." The song writing to FEMM's music ... They depend on one another." Honey-B and W-Trouble are the "voices" of RiRi and LuLa, as the mannequins are portrayed with the ... The song was critically acclaimed from many music critics, many whom praised the song's commercial nature and lyrical message. ... but this time round we got to put in segues in between songs which made a big difference. The songs flow so smoothly, it will ...
A Song for ×× (1999), the latter was included as a B-side track for her single "Depend on You". On June 12, 2000, "Kanariya" ... The song was released by Avex Trax in Japan and Hong Kong on December 8, 1999 as a CD single, serving as Hamasaki's second ... Lyrically, the song was written in third person perspective. Upon its release, "Kanariya" received mixed reviews from music ... Hamasaki, Ayumi (1998). Depend on You (CD Single; Liner notes). Ayumi Hamasaki. Japan: Avex Trax. AVDD-20278. Hamasaki, Ayumi ( ...
... sometimes shorter versions depending on the length of the show). Depending upon the show, some songs are not performed. Fire ... Although the title song became a club play chart success and moderate radio hit, it was nominated for Worst Original Song " ... This song was also performed on the TV series' The Love Boat and Married... with Children, and in the 1995 Navy comedy film ... In August 2013, Village People released a new song "Let's Go Back to the Dance Floor", written by Harry W. Casey of K.C. and ...
These rhythms vary depending on the region as well. For example, in the East, the "palo corrido" rhythm is popular, while in ... While they play their drums, one of the paleros simultaneously sings verses of a song. The surrounding audience often invokes ... The configuration of instruments present depends on the region in which these events take place. Palo drums are played with the ...
... varies depending on institution, region, and country. Prison slang can be found in other written forms such as ... diaries, letters, tattoos, ballads, songs, and poems. Prison slang has existed as long as there have been crime and prisons; in ...
There are also different calls depending on the season. In the spring, the songs become more frequent during the breeding ... They are about 15 to 23 cm (6 to 9 in) in body length and weigh between 120 and 350 g (4 and 12 1⁄2 oz), depending on species. ... The call can either be short and quick, a little longer and more drawn out, or long songs. The short calls are an example of ...
These songs differ depending on student union or nation. The songs may range from traditional to pop music, depending on the ... Sittnings often begin with a certain song and end with another, songs are sung when drinking snaps, and there is often a song ... The guests are usually given a booklet with songs that will be sung during the sittning. Everyone sings when a song is brought ... The punishment is usually decided by the toastmaster or song master. The people punished must, for example, sing a song in ...
In Canada, the song spent two weeks at number two. The song has a persistent urban legend, that during an instrumental portion ... The "victim's" identity varies greatly depending on the version. Another version says that a girl has fallen off the roller ... "Love Rollercoaster" is a song by American funk/R&B band Ohio Players, originally featured on their 1975 album Honey. It was ... Jimmy "Diamond" Williams explained that the scream was nothing eerie or disturbing: There is a part in the song where there's a ...
Music of the Dominican Republic
These rhythms vary depending on the region as well. For example, in the East, the "palo corrido" rhythm is popular, while in ... While they play their drums, one of the paleros simultaneously sings verses of a song. The surrounding audience often invokes ... The configuration of instruments present depends on the region in which these events take place. Palo drums are played with the ... one person sings out a line and all others reply in song also. Salve is a call-and-response type of singing that uses güira, ...
A song composed out of affection for an individual is considered a lei. Lei may be open or closed, depending on circumstance. ... Children and sweethearts are poetically referred to as "lei" and many ancient and modern songs and chants ... The Hawaiian song, "May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii" was composed in 1927 by Ruth and Leonard "Red" Hawk. At the 81st Annual ...
In all of their albums from 1993 to 1995 song production was credited as "songs by AXS". Before their reunion in 2002, the logo ... "AXS" replaced the group's name on their third single "Naked Desire." The logo has many variations depending on its use. There ... The song was released on the album "binary engine" and had its live debut during their summer tour of that same year. Access ... In 2007, after the Virginia Tech massacre, access produced the song "Shadow over the world" in dedication to the memory of the ...
King George V School, Hong Kong
School Song The school song is sung at school events and assemblies such as Speech Day and End of Year Assembly. In recent ... Honour depends on such disciplined rule. Honour acquiring a good reputation, Honour the name of King George the Fifth School. ... The motto, 'Honestas Ante Honores' forms the core theme of the School Song. KGV is known for its sports from athletics to ... The teams are divided according to A, B, C grade depending on the player's age. The girls and boys swimming teams compete ...
Recorded whale songs also appear in a number of other musical works, including Léo Ferré's song "Il n'y a plus rien" and Judy ... These sounds may be extremely loud, depending on the species. Humpback whales only have been heard making clicks, while toothed ... A recording of Song with a Humpback Whale by a team of marine scientists became popular in 1970. Alan Hovhaness's orchestral ... Hovhannes, Alan (1970). "And God Created Great Whales (1970) for Orchestra and Whale Songs". Archived from the original on 24 ...
X Factor (Polish season 1)
They performed in small groups depending on the song choice. Each contestant got a part to sing. The most popular songs were: ... From the list of ten songs they had to choose one and perform in front of the judges next day. The most sung were: Konstelacje ... The candidates sang two chosen songs a cappella in the pre-auditions, where they were judged by the show's producers only. The ... During the first day a hundred acts performed one chosen song from a list of twelve prepared by the judges. ...
Depending on the language, certain stressed vowels were raised (or sometimes diphthongized) either by a final /i/ or /u/ or by ... Percy, Thomas (1887). Reliques of Ancient English Poetry: Consisting of Old Heroic Ballads, Songs, Etc. Abe Books. p. 289. The ... In Italian, Portuguese and Catalan, the choice of accent (acute, grave or circumflex) may depend on vowel quality. When no ... This suggests that palatalized /d/ > /dʲ/ > either /j/ or /dz/ depending on location, while palatalized /ɡ/ > /j/; after this ...
Dave Koz (album)
He is supported by various people depending on the song. "So Far From Home" (Koz, Lorber) 6:10 "Emily" (Bobby Caldwell, Koz, ...
Fever Live in Hall
The music videos played according to the progression of each song. In "Live Mode," the songs would abruptly change depending on ... Two of Koda Kumi's songs were used to assist in promoting the new game: "Cherry Girl" and "girls." Despite this, neither song ... The DVD was the only one to not carry an alternate music video to a previously released song, whereas her future releases would ... By selecting "jog selector" at the beginning of the jackpot, the number of songs selected can increase. Probability of the ...
Song, S.; Zhang, R.; Alström, P.; Irestedt, M.; Cai, T.; Qu, Y.; Ericson, P.G.P.; Fjeldså, J.; Lei, F. (2017). "Complete taxon ... depending on how many are seen. There are many regional variations on the rhyme, which means that it is impossible to give a ... However, scientific studies have contradicted the view that they affect total song-bird populations, finding "no evidence of ... increased in places where magpie populations were high and that they do not have a negative impact on the total song-bird ...
In the traditional songs, he introduces himself as a serf trying to cheer people whom he refers to as his lords.  ... depending on where it is observed. The moment the sun crosses the celestial equator and equalizes night and day is calculated ... depending on the year. Given their temporal associations, it is possible that the Jews and Iranians of the time may have shared ...
... the distinction depends on our way to appreciate and read will depend on a serial linguistics facts. Some another time, I will ... love songs, where a man sings for his ladylove; cantigas de amigo, where a woman sings for her boyfriend; cantigas de escarnio ... Middle Galician is known mostly through popular literature (songs, carols, proverbs, theatrical scripts, personal letters), but ... songs') have been preserved-a few hundred even with their musical score-in a series of collections, and belonging to four main ...
Songs such as India's national anthem Jana Gana Mana (by Rabindranath Tagore) were composed in Shadhubhasha. However, use of ... The inherent vowel attached to every consonant can be either [ɔ] or [o] depending on vowel harmony (স্বরসঙ্গতি) with the ... altered depending on their function in a sentence) into four cases while verbs are heavily conjugated, and the verbs do not ... depending on the position of the cluster in a word. The Bengali writing system is, therefore, not always a true guide to ...
In particular, alcohol laws set the legal drinking age, which usually varies between 16 and 25 years, sometimes depending upon ... archaeological evidence indicates that the true distillation of alcohol began during the 12th century Jin or Southern Song ... most likely period for the beginning of true distillation of spirits for drinking in China is during the Jin and Southern Song ...
Passerine - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In birds which leave the nest early, their brains depend mainly on material in the egg. Passerines have significantly large ... Basal Passeri - the oldest 'true' song birds. They live in Australia. *Menuridae: lyrebirds ... The use of song for communication. This is the most obvious adaptation. ...
In the absence of an EM rash or history of tick exposure, Lyme diagnosis depends on laboratory confirmation. The ... American indie rock band Typhoon are noted for having multiple songs which reference or are directly about Lyme disease. ... depending on their location, 2-12% will also have HGA and 2-40% will have babesiosis. Ticks in certain regions, including ... Successful infection of the mammalian host depends on bacterial expression of OspC. ...
Depending on the time of the season, animals (more specifically, tropical frogs, in this study) show strong seasonal trends in ... suspensa when they perform calling and pre-copulatory songs before mating. Both of these sounds are created by rapid flapping ... Depending upon the species and evolutionary histories, environmental factors such as temperature, elevation, and precipitation ... These ritualized behaviours can be visual however many animals depend on a mixture of visual, audio, tactical and/or chemical ...
The extent to which the risk increases depends on the degree of genetic relationship between the parents; the risk is greater ... In a study on an island population of song sparrows, individuals that were inbred showed significantly lower survival rates ... there is an increased risk for congenital heart disease depending on the inbreeding coefficient (See coefficient of inbreeding ...
Love songs, dance music, wedding and other celebratory songs (dîlok/narînk), erotic poetry, and work songs are also popular. ... depending on the region, religion or dialect. The Kurdish Jews of Zakho are perhaps the best example of this; their gifted ... Many songs are epic in nature, such as the popular Lawiks, heroic ballads recounting the tales of Kurdish heroes such as ... The Kurds possess a rich tradition of folklore, which, until recent times, was largely transmitted by speech or song, from one ...
The use of song and dance in a funeral setting is very common across the continent but especially in Nigeria. Songs allude to ... Although its exact nature depends on the therapist, in general MIT relies on the use of intonation (the rising and falling of ... songs that were specifically composed by music therapists for this group to meet the goals of the program. The songs were sung ... The choice of song is often based around the material and issues listed in the song, but therapists have stated they also ...
Lily of the valley
The name "lily of the valley" is used in some English translations of the Bible in Song of Songs 2:1, but the Hebrew phrase " ... It is possibly the only species in the genus Convallaria (depending on whether C. keiskei and C. transcaucasica are recognised ... There is also a song sung in pubs around Cornwall (and on Flora Day in Cadwith, near Helston) called "Lily of the Valley"; the ... In terms of musical influence, "Lily of the Valley" is also a song by Queen on their album Sheer Heart Attack. ...
This process depends on the observer's ability to code or structure the information in an easily remembered form or to mentally ... bird song, predator recognition, and foraging. ... Finally, a behavior's stability in animal culture depends on ...
Bob Dylan's anti-war song "Blowin' in the Wind" twice alludes to metaphorical blindness: How many times can a man turn his head ... The choice depends on the individual's vision, motivation, and other factors. A small number of people employ guide dogs to ... In practice, the definition depends on individuals' visual acuity and the extent to which their field of vision is restricted. ... However, techniques for cane travel can vary depending on the user and/or the situation. Some visually impaired persons do not ...
Chen G, Yuan SS, Liu W, Xu Y, Trujillo K, Song B, Cong F, Goff SP, Wu Y, Arlinghaus R, Baltimore D, Gasser PJ, Park MS, Sung P ... DNA damage-induced oocyte apoptosis depends on the efficiency of the DNA repair machinery that in turn declines with age. ...
Depending on the type and degree of dehydration the viral particle is around 27-30 nm in diameter. The viral genome is around ... J Gen Virol 85(Pt 5):1145-1151 Mingxiao M, Ming L, Jian C, Song Y, Shude W, Pengfei L (2011) Molecular and biological ... suggest formation and/or collapse or release of the uridylylated product as the rate-limiting step in vitro depending upon the ...
He, Song; Hang, Ju-Ping; Zhang, Ling; Wang, Fang; Zhang, De-Chun; Gong, Fang-Hong (August 2015). "A systematic review and meta- ... Glucans are arranged in six-sided D-glucose rings connected linearly at varying carbon positions depending on the source, ...
They sing traditional songs and newer ones such as "Stern über Bethlehem". They are not necessarily three wise men. German ... since many celebrations of the liturgical year depend on it. The proclamation may be sung or proclaimed at the ambo by a ... Often these groups are four girls, or two boys and two girls for the benefit of singing their songs in four-part harmony. ... On the day before the feast (January 5), the "Rosario de Reyes" or "Promesa de Reyes" is celebrated with songs (aguinaldos) ...
In certain cultures, the tea is given different names depending on the height from which it is poured. ... During the Tang dynasty, tea was steamed, then pounded and shaped into cake form, while in the Song dynasty, loose-leaf tea ... High-quality green and white teas can have new water added as many as five or more times, depending on variety, at increasingly ... Caffeine constitutes about 3% of tea's dry weight, translating to between 30 mg and 90 mg per 8-oz (250-ml) cup depending on ...
Song N, Liu J, An S, Nishino T, Hishikawa Y, Koji T (Aug 2011). "Immunohistochemical Analysis of Histone H3 Modifications in ... Once the cell starts to differentiate, these bivalent promoters are resolved to either active or repressive states depending on ...
The carbon content of steel is between 0.002% and 2.14% by weight for plain iron-carbon alloys. These values vary depending ... there is evidence of the production of steel in Song China using two techniques: a "berganesque" method that produced inferior ... Depending on the carbon content, the martensitic phase takes different forms. Below 0.2% carbon, it takes on a ferrite BCC ... The temperature required to anneal a particular steel depends on the type of annealing to be achieved and the alloying ...
Neuroscience of music
The vowels in the phonemes of a song are elongated for a dramatic effect, and it seems as though musical tones are simply ... This suggests that disruptions occur because both actions and percepts depend on a single underlying mental representation. ... They also cannot be taught to remember a melody or to recite a song; however, they are still capable of hearing the intonation ... Bilateral neural activity in the secondary auditory cortex was associated with both perceiving and imagining songs. This ...
The film is based on Boekbinder's song, "The Organ Donor's March". They raised $17,000 USD on Kickstarter from over 400 backers ... depending on the level of financial support they gave. ...
Nicholson S, Song D; Song, D (2001). "The incentive effects of the Medicare indirect medical education policy". Journal of ... Depending on the number of years a specialty requires, the term junior resident may refer to residents that have not completed ... On call time was unpaid until 1975 (the year of the house officers' one-day strike), and for a year or two depended on ... Following MMC these posts were replaced by Specialty Registrars (StR), who may be in post up to eight years, depending on the ...
Warriors were exclusively men but women often followed behind war parties to help gather loot and sing songs. Women also ... depending upon the area. ...
Songs and slogans. In 1973 the first slogan to appear on licence plates in Ontario was "Keep It Beautiful". This was ... The effects of these major air masses on temperature and precipitation depend mainly on latitude, proximity to major bodies of ... In 2007, a new song replaced "A Place to Stand" after four decades. "There's No Place Like This" is featured in television ...
Song, Jung-Kook; Bae, Jong-Myon (2013-03-01). "Citrus fruit intake and breast cancer risk: a quantitative systematic review". ... Citrus trees hybridise very readily - depending on the pollen source, plants grown from a Persian lime's seeds can produce ... The content of vitamin C in the fruit depends on the species, variety, and mode of cultivation. Fruits produced with organic ... Fruit begins to ripen in fall or early winter, depending on cultivar, and develops increasing sweetness afterward. Some ...
Depending on the shape of the pu'er being produced, a cotton bag may or may not be used. For instance, brick or square teas ... Gong, Jia-shun; Zhou, Hong-jie; Zhang, Xin-fu; Song, Shan; An, Wen-jie (2005). "Changes of Chemical Components in Pu'er Tea ... Depending on the pressing method, the edge of the disk can be rounded or perpendicular. It is also commonly known as Qīzí ... The aging process depends on how the sheng pu'er is stored, which determines the degree of fermentation and oxidization ...
In 1247 AD Song Ci wrote a book entitled Washing Away of Wrongs as a handbook for coroners. In this book Song Ci depicts ... The arrival time and growth rates of beetles inhabiting corpses depending on weather, location and type of carrion have been ... Song Ci. The Song Dynasty (960-1279) forensic science book Collected Cases of Injustice Rectified published by court ... Song Ci (sometimes referred to as Sung Tzu) was a judicial intendant who lived in China 1188-1251 AD. ...
Like All, They Depend Upon Familiar Songs - The Brooklyn Rail
Works Songs (2006), and Love Songs: The Hidden history (2015). Music: A Subversive History builds on those by digging down into ... "I Shame You Because I Love You" and Other Songs: Slanty Eyed Mamas Zombie Asian Moms. By Elisabeth Ng DEC 18-JAN 19 , Theater ... Both men depend upon a capacity sustained into their sixties to keep their stage movement going and going. As a singer, Jagger ... Songs about fucking and killing that would have also been an appropriate subtitle for this scintillating new book from Ted ...
You Can Depend on Me (song) - Wikipedia
"You Can Depend on Me" is a song written by Charles Carpenter, Louis Dunlap and Earl "Fatha" Hines. and first recorded by Louis ... Allmusic album info Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics BMI Work #1712327, "You Can Depend on Me". ... Depend on Me," recorded by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles in 1959. The song has been recorded and performed by several people ... Count Basie and His Orchestra, "Oh Lady Be Good / You Can Depend on Me" at Discogs, with Lester Young and James Rushing, ...
You Can Depend on Me (Restless Heart song) - Wikipedia
Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics ONE HUNDRED country-western line-dance to this song "You Can Depend On Me" by Restless Heart ... "You Can Depend on Me" is a song written by Ronnie Rogers and Jimmy Griffin, and recorded by American country music group ... "Restless Heart Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. "Best of 1992: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media ... The song reached number 3 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine ...
Pal, S., Tak, Y.K and Song, J. (2007) Does the Antibacterial Activity of Ag Nanoparticles Depend on the Shape of the...
From Gaza we say: the outcome of our battle depends on you | The Electronic Intifada
STAND FOR FREEDOM.... (FROM OLD US CIVIL RIGHTS SONG) Permalink Peter Loeb replied on Sun, 09/07/2014 - 10:52. ... From Gaza we say: the outcome of our battle depends on you. The Electronic Intifada Gaza Strip 5 September 2014 ... The outcome of this battle depends on you.. Two months after its 2008-2009 massacre in Gaza, Israels prize was an upgrade in ...
Deficiency of the ER-stress-regulator MANF triggers progressive outer hair cell death and hearing loss | Cell Death & Disease
Qing-Song Wang. * & Gui-Hai Chen. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience (2021) * Development in the Mammalian Auditory System Depends ... Mechanotransduction by hair cells and the viability of these cells depend on the ionic composition of the endolymph. Marginal ... taking into account that ER stress is linked with changes in calcium dynamics and that the ribbon synapse physiology depends on ...
Sterol-induced degradation of HMG CoA reductase depends on interplay of two Insigs and two ubiquitin ligases, gp78 and Trc8 |...
Song BL, *DeBose-Boyd RA. (2004) Ubiquitination of 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA Reductase in Permeabilized Cells Mediated by ... Sterol-induced degradation of HMG CoA reductase depends on interplay of two Insigs and two ubiquitin ligases, gp78 and Trc8. ... Sterol-induced degradation of HMG CoA reductase depends on interplay of two Insigs and two ubiquitin ligases, gp78 and Trc8 ... Sterol-induced degradation of HMG CoA reductase depends on interplay of two Insigs and two ubiquitin ligases, gp78 and Trc8 ...
Selected Observations on Urban Fauna - The Brooklyn Rail
Higher education in Tennessee: State's quality of life depends on it
Stimulation of Electro-Olfactogram Responses in the Main Olfactory Epithelia by Airflow Depends on the Type 3 Adenylyl Cyclase ...
Song et al., 2008). ... 6B). Since odorant-stimulated EOG responses depend on AC3, this ... The detection of odorants by the main olfactory epithelium (MOE) depends on coupling of odorant receptors to the type 3 ... 2006) Pheromone detection in male mice depends on signaling through the type 3 adenylyl cyclase in the main olfactory ... Stimulation of Electro-Olfactogram Responses in the Main Olfactory Epithelia by Airflow Depends on the Type 3 Adenylyl Cyclase ...
Word Up: Who Out There?
Where hate speech meets hate song - Vanguard News Nigeria
Got Diabetes? Then Read THIS (Your Life Literally Depends On It). If you or a loved one are currently suffering from Type 2 ... posture of Kanu and IPOB and the failure to rein them in must therefore have a role to play in the composition of the hate song ... include Kanu and his group and such agent provocateurs as the Northern youth group and the faceless composers of hate songs. ...
READING STRATEGIES at the piano: The Perfect Piano Routine 2 | Ilse Lozoya | Skillshare
It depends on the piece on the level so and from the difficulty of the peace. So in this case, I am going to read. I want to ... In this case, Im going to you see the e f. This is not a song. So Faget, this is just spoken so fragile. Dont forget that my ... Depends armed the kind off method that you are using. So what Im going to do This is a metronome. 50 bits per minute. And ... It depends a little bit off the, um, I would say the something that language that you, you are that you speak and sometimes ...
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever | Releases | Discogs
Science And Poetry Both Depend On Metaphors - Big Think
IL-33-Induced Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cell Mobilization Depends upon CCR2 | The Journal of Immunology
IL-33-Induced Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cell Mobilization Depends upon CCR2. Juyang Kim, Wonyoung Kim, Hongnga T. Le, U ... IL-33-induced HSPC mobilization depends upon CCR2. (A) Migration of LK cells in response to PBS- or IL-33-treated serum (40 μl ... IL-33-induced HSPC mobilization depends upon CCR2. IL-33-injected mouse sera were more potent in inducing the migration of LK ... IL-33-Induced Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cell Mobilization Depends upon CCR2 ...
Feeder: 'It's all about the songs at the end of the day' - Yorkshire Post
Hirose says the pair sometimes discuss the songs beforehand. "It depends. When I play the bass I want to hear the melody. ... "That was one of the last songs written because I wanted the second half of the album to have more classic, riffy Feeder songs. ... Yeah, maybe they sound like some of the songs from the old days, but actually these midtempo songs on the album show more about ... Its all little flashbacks, something just triggers that memory sometimes when youre writing a song, and a few songs are ...
The World's Highest-Paid Musicians Of 2018
Is that more beautiful or useful than a song? Well, it depends on the chair. Or the song." ... In the midst of all the time on the road, the group also managed to release its 14th studio album, Songs Of Experience. For ... "I always remember Björk saying to me that her songs, she feels, are like carpentry. Like her friends in Iceland, one of them ...
Low-Protein, High-Fat Diets Lead to Less Weight Gain, But More Body Fat | TIME.com
Mike Kerr interview: Royal Blood band lives for live music - Washington Times
A: It depends, really. Ben is really organized and tends to set up activities - visiting cool places. I like to watch TV. I ... The wheels are turning for sure: ideas, lyrics, song pieces. Not sure what it will be like - the sound or the feel of it. [Its ... Everything we do revolves around playing live, whether it is writing songs, making records or doing interviews. We love playing ... Ben and I started writing songs together, and it grew from there. ... like to write songs. That is what I have been doing recently. ...
BANG BANG - Encounters with Romuald Karmakar and his films • Senses of Cinema
I Learned to Depend on Me: On Whitney Houston and Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016). Ivan Kreilkamp ... the fragile songs in Peer Rabens and Rainer Werner Fassbinders oeuvre). The length of these scenes must not be allowed to run ... is the line used by melodramas and love songs at this point. The rejection by Goetz George after the shooting of Der Totmacher ... at a meeting of the ex foreign-legionnaires in French Guyana where every single stanza of a particularly gruelling Nazi-song is ...
Frontiers | Corrigendum: Blockade of IL-33R/ST2 Signaling Attenuates Toxoplasma gondii Ileitis Depending on IL-22 Expression |...
... depending on the specific immune mechanisms underlying disease pathogenesis . IL-33R/ST2 is a stable cell marker on Th2 ... Blockade of IL-33R/ST2 Signaling Attenuates Toxoplasma gondii Ileitis Depending on IL-22 Expression ... Correspondence: Bernhard Ryffel, [email protected]; Song Guo Zheng, [email protected] ... Corrigendum: Blockade of IL-33R/ST2 Signaling Attenuates Toxoplasma gondii Ileitis Depending on IL-22 Expression. Bernhard ...
Best songs for audience participation ? - best songs, new approaches ? - PG Music Forums
It definitely depends on your projected market.. The songs that go over well in the yacht club in Miami will be very different ... In an Irish pub many Irish songs will work so well that you dont even have to sing.. So, actually it all depends on the crowd ... Re: Best songs for audience participation ? - best songs, new approaches ? [Re: Keith from Oz] ... Re: Best songs for audience participation ? - best songs, new approaches ? [Re: Joe V] ...
Music Theory for Beginners | Mikael Baggström | Skillshare
All right, so how do you said the temple of your music? Well, that totally depends on what kind of song you want to make on the ... Those are called accidental and are used depending on the scale off the song. You will learn about scales in another video, but ... 60 bpm might be a really slow ballot on 180 bpm might be a driving E g M song or fast paced punk rock song. So 60 to 180 bpm. ... So you have the C major chord as the harmonic root of your song. When you count sees the first, then we have d as the second b ...
The future of electronic cigarette growth depends on youth uptake | The Medical Journal of Australia
CNN.com - Transcripts
No, I just write a song. Im not sitting there to write a country song. KING: Have you written pop songs? TWAIN: Well, Ive had ... TWAIN: It depends. Hes more on the music side. Of course, hes a producer. So he writes a lot of the riffs, and a lot of the ... In fact, when I was a kid listening to Tammy Wynette songs or Dolly Parton songs or any of the pop songs, that -- because, I ... KING: Thats not a country song. TWAIN: No. No.. KING: But its a great song. TWAIN: Yeah. Many times I wish I had written " ...
The Binding of Fates Chapter 44: The Prisoner Of Azkaban, a Harry Potter + A song of Ice and Fire Crossover fanfic | FanFiction
Beyoncé: dream girl
Just depends. I might bring in whoever I think can help the song. When I have just a beat its the most fun for me. Ill get ... I write a lot of my songs for women. A lot of the songs are about things that we need to hear. Things I wouldnt really say, or ... I ended up recording 70 songs. And I was so attached to the songs - you put your heart into it. And I realised I had made two ... We had both recently got married, and it turned out we had both come up the aisle to that song. So I said wouldnt it be great ...
Cover Songs, Music Videos and Blog Posts with the Tag: Full Moon Fever | The Laptop Sessions
... acoustic song, best cover songs, cover song, cover songs, covers, depending on you, full moon fever, hostgator, indie music, ... Byrds Cover Songs , The Calling Songs , CD and Album Reviews , Chicago Covers , Chords & How to Play Songs , Christmas Songs by ... acoustic song, alternative music, beach boys, best cover songs, cover song, covers, FMP, full moon fever, fusco-moore, ... Pearl Jam Cover Songs , R.E.M. Covers , Radiohead Acoustic Cover Songs , Ricky Nelson Acoustic Covers , Ringo Starr Cover Songs ...
Stella Mwangi victorious in Norway - Eurovision Song Contest Lisbon 2018
3: DEPEND ON ME. Artist: Babel Fish Music/Lyrics: Halvor Holter, Tarjei Van Ravens ... Eurovision Song ContestJunior Eurovision Song ContestEurovision Young MusiciansEurovision Young DancersEurovision Choir of the ... Towards the end of the performance, the song built up and four drummers appeared during the bridge, giving the song an ... Stella said, the song is about how taking one small step can lead to many bigger steps. She also explained how Norway was the ...
Restless HeartReceptorsFamiliar SongsAcoustic songLifeLyricsNeuronsBalladsMusicTypeCrowdYeahRiffsSneakTriggersAwfulContextGuitarOriginal songWidelyLovePeopleFullGuitaristPlayIncrediblyGospelRecordBandsFolkDaddyShowFavorite songsTimeWrittenAlbumGoodWorkRadioListenBandCoversYouthMadeClassicGreatStoryHeardTruthStructureVersionRememberSpokeParksVocalWomenYearThought
- You Can Depend on Me" is a song written by Ronnie Rogers and Jimmy Griffin, and recorded by American country music group Restless Heart. (wikipedia.org)
- The detection of odorants by the main olfactory epithelium (MOE) depends on coupling of odorant receptors to the type 3 adenylyl cyclase (AC3) in olfactory cilia. (jneurosci.org)
- Folk covers of familiar songs. (archive.org)
- I wanted to start with some classic Feeder indie rock then it goes off into a slightly anthemic place and it ends up on a mellow acoustic song which touches on my solo stuff. (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Then, resting the white tube on the back of a box of wooden kitchen matches, he tongue-butts the matchbox open, plucks out a match stick from the other side, tips up the cigarette, and without missing a beat, strikes the match-head against the strip of flint, lights up and inhales like his life depended on it, as indeed it does. (brooklynrail.org)
- Clapton pursued his friend's wife like his life depended on getting her,after he got her,he was aloof and whiny most of the time. (fark.com)
- This song is about a girl who has been hurt not only by past loves/boyfriends, but by every day life as a teenager or younger kid growing up. (lyricsmode.com)
- Listen to a song that triggers personal memories, and your prefrontal cortex, which maintains information relevant to your personal life and relationships, will spring into action. (slate.com)
- Some of the song titles announced are: "Pink Eye," "Get Outta My Life," "Kaleidoscope Caravan," "Do It Your Way" and "Clock Strikes Four," to just name a few. (sleazeroxx.com)
- The wheels are turning for sure: ideas, lyrics, song pieces. (washingtontimes.com)
- Somehow this ended up in us tweeting a new set of lyrics for that song to each other all day. (thehealthcareblog.com)
- Here's a sampling of the lyrics, in case the video is too painful to watch: "I put your brain in a chicken last Monday, he's singing your songs and making lots of money, and I've got him signed to a 10-year recording contract. (mentalfloss.com)
- I have read that there was an actual published pop song in the '20s or '30s, entitled "If the Man in the Moon was a Coon," but I've never heard it or seen the actual lyrics. (mudcat.org)
- He claimed that a great-uncle explained to him the coded lyrics and said an Underground Railroad operative named Peg Leg Joe tramped around south Alabama teaching the song to slaves. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- Peripheral inflammatory hyperalgesia depends on the sensitization of primary nociceptive neurons. (frontiersin.org)
- Here, we have examined and compared the effects of a brain-penetrant MSA, epothilone B, on cortical and sensory neurons in culture and show that epothilone B exhibits both beneficial and detrimental effects, depending on not only the concentration of drug but also the type and age of a neuron, as seen in clinical settings. (hindawi.com)
- And those powerful ballads and high falsettos by the Stylistics in their songs, including "You Make Me Feel Brand New" and "You Are Everything," make me hit notes I never knew I could hit! (dailyherald.com)
- Enjoy the newer, faster Laptop Sessions website, as we continue to bring you an acoustic cover song or original song every single day in 2008 in the quest to solidify our spot as the greatest music video blog of all time! (laptopsessions.com)
- This year's final of eight songs was varied, with different styles of music, performances, colours, each creating its own atmosphere in the arena. (eurovision.tv)
- But once you adjust to its mannerisms, Song Cycle is a freewheeling, often goofy listen, a down-the-rabbit-hole take on American music that reimagines bluegrass on a symphony-hall stage, showtunes up in Appalachia, and the sturm-und-drang rumblings of Romantic-era classical orchestras facing off against a squeezebox. (pitchfork.com)
- A new phenomenon which sees cover versions of songs like Payphone released before the originals is causing controversy across the music industry. (telegraph.co.uk)
- We established that the song had been put up for sale on iTunes by an international online music distribution company called The Orchard, which has a base in London's West End and regularly protects its own copyrights when they are breached on YouTube. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Two songs, the fantastic "Need Some Sun" and " Sinker " will be familiar to fans, as they were released a year ago when promoting said IndieGogo campaign, but newer singles like "Great Equator," " Hegemony ," and "IO" are refreshing signs that Nick and his music have shed the exquisitely-donned but burdensome weight of bitterness that made the first album so juicy but that would have made the second feel rotten. (brightestyoungthings.com)
- As I plod through my 20s, I've noticed a strange phenomenon: The music I loved as a teenager means more to me than ever-but with each passing year, the new songs on the radio sound like noisy nonsense. (slate.com)
- To understand why we grow attached to certain songs, it helps to start with the brain's relationship with music in general. (slate.com)
- From there, our reaction to music depends on how we interact with it. (slate.com)
- Its odd that you are more likely to hear music you like these days on TV than Radio ( This song was on Grey's Anatomy). (typepad.com)
- The type and extent of communication problems will depend on the form of stroke and what kind of injury has occurred. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Thus, we learn not to depend wholly on one type of food, because we recognize all sorts of variables, that we cannot control, will affect how well a particular plant or animal grows. (innerself.com)
- Stain treatments vary depending on the type of stain. (mohawkflooring.com)
- So, actually it all depends on the crowd and the crowd's knowledge of songs. (pgmusic.com)
- Yeah, we got a whole new batch of songs. (theboombox.com)
- My goal is to always keep the riffs and hooks in the songs. (sleazeroxx.com)
- Young, aspiring rock star (we'll call him "JB") teaches himself to play guitar by learning dozens of riffs - intros, themes, the memorable parts of songs , lots of bits and pieces - before becoming…wait for it…a professional guitarist! (guitarnoise.com)
- And for the less experienced guitarist, riffs are much more fun and much more economical: in the time it takes to learn one song, you can learn ten riffs! (guitarnoise.com)
- It's all little flashbacks, something just triggers that memory sometimes when you're writing a song, and a few songs are connected so it gives it a slight concept in some way. (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- This song is well known as having that really cool riff, with the fuzzy guitar and acoustic guitar and constant rock drum beat. (laptopsessions.com)
- Using a state of the art sound system, electric guitar, and midi sequencers which play back the songs exactly as I sequenced them you get an amazing musical experience that has the "live" sound of a 5 piece band and not the compressed sound of commercially available background tracks that everyone else is using. (gigmasters.com)
- The Carter-Cash family has always maintained that June and guitar player Merle Kilgore co-wrote the song about June falling in love with Johnny despite being worried about his drug and alcohol problem. (mentalfloss.com)
- I figured that title would get your attention - especially if you belong to the group who believes that learning entire songs is the best indicator of your progress on guitar. (guitarnoise.com)
- Concerned parent comes to me and says, "Johnny Guitar practices a lot and plays a bunch of parts of songs , but I never actually hear him play a whole song through! (guitarnoise.com)
- original song full text. (lyricsmode.com)
- In the intervening years, the significance of Crazy in Love, one of the finest and most widely recognised pop songs of this decade, has become more and more apparent. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Copycat versions of popular songs have been widely available since digital downloads took off a decade ago. (telegraph.co.uk)
- I love this tune, as I do with all the songs off of "Full Moon Fever", and thought it would be great with that cool chorus riff and the harmonies on the bridge. (laptopsessions.com)
- I can't help but sing along to the Carpenters' "Don't You Remember You Love Me Baby," Barry Manilow's "Can't Smile Without You," "Mandy" or "I Write The Songs. (dailyherald.com)
- I absolutely LOVE the song, but I wouldn;t really call it haunting. (drownedinsound.com)
- Songs that are intentionally offensive interest me less than ones which have a sort of weird innocence of their time (eg Love is Like a Cigarette). (mudcat.org)
- Don't write just "I love this song. (lyricsmode.com)
- The song has been recorded and performed by several people, including: Count Basie (1939), Earl Hines himself (1940) Lester Young (1956) Nat King Cole (1957) Brenda Lee (1961). (wikipedia.org)
- 11 songs by 2 people. (fark.com)
- Meh, all of those songs were written by 2 guys, I'd be impressed if 6 or 7 people wrote a song about her, but 2 guys? (fark.com)
- The song is called '100,000 People. (theboombox.com)
- Falling Down', that song is special to the people out there and it's special to us. (angelfire.com)
- In this day and time, people need songs, they need movies, something to help them escape or something to unload. (riverfronttimes.com)
- That's what I always wanted to do, to touch people with songs. (riverfronttimes.com)
- Can you make tremendous progress as a guitarist without learning entire songs? (guitarnoise.com)
- I'm trying to learn it, and although it's helping me out with fingerpicking(why I started learning it in the first place), I don't know many songs and I don't want to put all this effort learning a song I wont play as much as I'd want to. (reddit.com)
- That's how you handle the Freebird asshole: when they yell 'Freebird', you play the song. (reddit.com)
- A play is a song with words," Ortega says. (metroactive.com)
- Concerned student, Suzy Q, says to me, "Doctor J, I really want to be able to play a whole song. (guitarnoise.com)
- I know lots of bits and pieces of songs but I never play a song from beginning to end. (guitarnoise.com)
- When you start a band with your buddies, or when you decide to play at that open mic, or when you want to post a video on YouTube…you'll learn a complete song. (guitarnoise.com)
- Towards the end of the performance, the song built up and four drummers appeared during the 'bridge', giving the song an incredibly powerful finish. (eurovision.tv)
- These hormones tell our brains that everything is incredibly important-especially the songs that form the soundtrack to our teenage dreams (and embarrassments). (slate.com)
- The sixth song on the album is called 'Van Dyke Parks': It is a recording of the gospel hymnal 'Nearer My God to Thee', accompanied by the sound of rushing water. (pitchfork.com)
- Gritty yet sophisticated, Levette rasps out bluesy gospel interpretations of an eclectic assortment of songs. (typepad.com)
- Now comes Talulah, arguably their strongest set of songs since Comfort in Sound, their landmark record that sold more than half a million copies in 2002. (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- I wanted to record my own songs, things that I had written. (cnn.com)
- I had no idea which song to record tonight out of the 5 I have remaining for the year. (laptopsessions.com)
- I spent about an hour deciding to record this song because I felt it was the least intensive on my voice. (laptopsessions.com)
- He has now reissued 1968's towering Song Cycle , 1972's calypso-themed Discover America , and the 1975 songbook record Clang of the Yankee Reaper . (pitchfork.com)
- In an attempt to thwart copying, some record labels are now rushing their songs out as soon as they realise a cover version is online. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The operator of the site notes that many of the examples used in the affidavit of infringing content were sent by the record labels themselves , and he showed the NY Times reporter the emails from labels sending the songs that were named in the affidavit. (techdirt.com)
- Joe: Without sounding conceded, I would say the musicianship and the song writing, although I'm inspired by most of the new bands out there. (angelfire.com)
- I mean, sure, bands musically can sound Wintery (Interpol, Bloc Party etc..) or Summery (The Elected, Calexico etc...) but on a personal level, it depends when. (drownedinsound.com)
- The internet, however, means cover bands can now get in first, quickly making an online copy of the song available for fans who cannot wait for the real thing, or who do not realise they are buying an imitation. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Excepting the opener by Coldpay, and an odd choice of a Paul Simon song (which works better in the movie than on the soundtrack), I knew very little of the bands or tunes on this fabulous collection. (typepad.com)
- I'd like to ask Wolfgang, or any other person who has a knowledge about that, to point to me a number of CDs of German Folk Songs that are worth knowing. (mudcat.org)
- The King's Singers - an unlikely folk group - recorded two discs of German folksongs in 1978, including the beautiful, simple song Annchen von Tharau. (mudcat.org)
- Reimagined versions of folk songs. (archive.org)
- I am 61 years old and basically I am the daddy in that song. (lyricsmode.com)
- Do you plan on re-releasing the entire 'Side Show Freaks' album sometime in the future, or just some of the songs off of it? (angelfire.com)
- Although the Precision Tunes cover version is the first to make it to the top ten, in February 'Kings of Pop' reached number 40 with a sound-alike version of the song The Hardest Ever , by will.i.am, the musician and judge of the BBC talent show The Voice. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Brain imaging studies show that our favorite songs stimulate the brain's pleasure circuit, which releases an influx of dopamine , serotonin, oxytocin, and other neurochemicals that make us feel good. (slate.com)
- Joe, a one-legged sailor, would go through the country north of Mobile and teach this song to young slaves and show them a mark of his natural left foot and the round spot made by the peg leg. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- What are my favorite songs? (dailyherald.com)
- In the midst of all the time on the road, the group also managed to release its 14th studio album, Songs Of Experience . (forbes.com)
- A lot of Christmas season songs will work, probably not suitable to use any other time of the year. (pgmusic.com)
- Robert Lamm singing "Saturday In The Park" and "Beginnings," Peter Cetera and his high-pitched performances of "Just You 'N Me" and "If You Leave Me Now," and Terry Kath with his legendary "I'm a Man" and a little known song about his daughter, but one of my all-time favorites, "Little One," give me goose bumps every time I sing along. (dailyherald.com)
- This song made me cry the first time I heard it because it is so true. (lyricsmode.com)
- A fortnight ago, for the first time, one of these copies - a cover version of a song by the band Maroon 5 - made it into the top ten of the British charts before the real track was released. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Speaking for the first time, he promised to stop releasing copycat songs before the originals, and pledged to "relinquish any monies made" from such tracks. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Ring of Fire" isn't the only time Johnny had a dream that inspired a song. (mentalfloss.com)
- These songs form the soundtrack to what feel, at the time, like the most vital and momentous years of our lives. (slate.com)
- I'll second Zupfgeigenhansel's beautiful album of Yiddish songs and Ougenweide. (mudcat.org)
- So the songs you began recording and releasing in 2010, before the accident, aren't going to be on the album? (theboombox.com)
- Part of Song Cycle 's bum rap for seriousness is earned-- the name itself suggests something too weighty to consider itself a mere 'album. (pitchfork.com)
- Cale recently reissued a live album from 1992, called Fragments of a Rainy Season , which includes a much-beloved cover of Leonard Cohen 's "Hallelujah" (this was before that song became the oft-covered anthem that it is today). (vogue.com)
- In an Irish pub many Irish songs will work so well that you don't even have to sing. (pgmusic.com)
- Cale has proved to be a foundational writer and mood-conjurer for Mering, who brings a sense of unexpected song structures, '70s soulfulness, and poignant lyricism to her own work, all of which is evident on a song like " Generation Why ," which sounds as spiritual-almost prophetic-in its severity and beauty as its many Cale-produced predecessors. (vogue.com)
- But there are other elements at work that lock the last song played at your eighth-grade dance into your memory pretty much forever. (slate.com)
- It is possible because of the unique situation in the UK where, unlike in other countries, songs by big acts get weeks of radio airplay before the official single is released. (telegraph.co.uk)
- There is no doubt that Richardson will not be the next Tim "Ripper" Owens with his vocal range and delivery but the former's singing fits the songs on the Bubblegum Radio EP so well and is very similar to what Alice Cooper accomplishes on his albums. (sleazeroxx.com)
- I morph from one song to another, in my huge repertoire, creating a fun collage of moods, at volumes that allowed everyone to converse easily or listen and sing along. (gigmasters.com)
- When I listen to Mike's songs, I can see how he plotted it. (vogue.com)
- Why do the songs I heard when I was teenager sound sweeter than anything I listen to as an adult? (slate.com)
- The Heartbreakers were a tight, muscular, and versatile backing band that provided the proper support for Petty's songs, which cataloged a series of middle-class losers and dreamers. (apple.com)
- He covers at least 20 of those themes in the 10 songs below. (mentalfloss.com)
- Youth was a very simple acoustic track, I wanted a real West Coast classic road trip kind of song, that one came quite early. (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Learning the memorable bits to classic songs is just plain fun, and contained within each riff are invaluable nuggets of musical goodness waiting for you to discover them! (guitarnoise.com)
- The truth is, Johnny wrote that song, while pilled up and drunk, about a certain private female body part," Vivian wrote in her autobiography. (mentalfloss.com)
- For 20 years, I was really interested in noises, and orchestral stuff, and pieces for piano, and then after The Velvet Underground, it became clear to me that you could do a lot with just the structure of the song. (vogue.com)
- The structure of a song is something that has really moved along. (vogue.com)
- Some of the world's biggest pop stars have fallen victim to the practice, which sees near perfect copies of their latest songs enter the charts before they have even released their own version. (telegraph.co.uk)
- In April 'Carly Rae Jepsen Tribute Team' got to number 49 with a cover of Call Me Maybe a week before the Canadian singer Carly Rae Jepsen released the original version of her song. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Joanna Newsom hired him to orchestrate Ys and spoke with awe of listening repeatedly to Parks' Song Cycle while Ys fermented in her mind. (pitchfork.com)
- Still, as a primer for Song Cycle , Discover America , and Clang of the Yankee Reaper , which Parks has now reissued, Arrangements is adequate only insofar as dipping your toes in a wading pool is preparation for leaping from a cliff into a raging sea. (pitchfork.com)
- The mentorship of Porter Wagoner and eventual husband Emory Gordy Jr. Laser surgery on ravaged vocal cords and flawless instinct for finding songs she, like the country audience, can believe in. (riverfronttimes.com)
- I've got a few more songs to tweak up and a couple more vocal tracks to get finished and then I can finally get to the mixing process. (sleazeroxx.com)
- One lady took me to task at the Tolpuddle Festival last year, because she said my song George Joseph Smith trivialised violence to women. (mudcat.org)
- She claims he gave June credit for writing the song because he thought she needed the money. (mentalfloss.com)