The doctrines and policies of the Nazis or the National Social German Workers party, which ruled Germany under Adolf Hitler from 1933-1945. These doctrines and policies included racist nationalism, expansionism, and state control of the economy. (from Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. and American Heritage College Dictionary, 3d ed.)
The attempt to improve the PHENOTYPES of future generations of the human population by fostering the reproduction of those with favorable phenotypes and GENOTYPES and hampering or preventing BREEDING by those with "undesirable" phenotypes and genotypes. The concept is largely discredited. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
Encyclopedias as Topic
An island in the Greater Antilles in the West Indies, south of Florida. With the adjacent islands it forms the Republic of Cuba. Its capital is Havana. It was discovered by Columbus on his first voyage in 1492 and conquered by Spain in 1511. It has a varied history under Spain, Great Britain, and the United States but has been independent since 1902. The name Cuba is said to be an Indian name of unknown origin but the language that gave the name is extinct, so the etymology is a conjecture. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p302 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p132)
Root Cause Analysis
DNA Polymerase III
A DNA-dependent DNA polymerase characterized in E. coli and other lower organisms but may be present in higher organisms. Use also for a more complex form of DNA polymerase III designated as DNA polymerase III* or pol III* which is 15 times more active biologically than DNA polymerase I in the synthesis of DNA. This polymerase has both 3'-5' and 5'-3' exonuclease activities, is inhibited by sulfhydryl reagents, and has the same template-primer dependence as pol II. EC 220.127.116.11.
Aid to Families with Dependent Children
Cartoons as Topic
United States Social Security Administration
An independent agency within the Executive Branch of the United States Government. It administers a national social insurance program whereby employees, employers, and the self-employed pay contributions into pooled trust funds. Part of the contributions go into a separate hospital insurance trust fund for workers at age 65 to provide help with medical expenses. Other programs include the supplemental social security income program for the aged, blind, and disabled and the Old Age Survivors and Disability Insurance Program. It became an independent agency March 31, 1995. It had previously been part of the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, later the Department of Health and Human Services. (From United States Government Manual, 1994-95)
The just provision of health care: a reply to Elizabeth Telfer. (1/12)Dr Hillel Steiner in this reply to Elizabeth Telfer takes each of her arguments for different arrangements of a health service and examines them--'four positions which can be located on a linear ideological spectrum'--and adds a fifth which could have the effect of 'turning the alleged linear spectrum into a circle'. Underlying both Elizabeth Telfer's article and Dr Steiner's reply, the base is inescapably a 'political' one, but cannot be abandoned in favour of purely philosophical concepts. Whatever the attitude of mind of the reader of these two papers to the provision of a health service, the stimulus to more careful assessments of our own National Health Service and its problems can only be good. (+info)
Self rating of health is associated with stressful life events, social support and residency in East and West Berlin shortly after the fall of the wall. (2/12)STUDY OBJECTIVE: To compare the health status and factors influencing the health of populations that had previously lived under different political systems. DESIGN: Cross sectional health and social survey using postal interviews. The relation between self reported health and psychosocial factors (stressful life events, social support, education, health promoting life style and health endangering behaviour) was investigated. To determine East-West differences a logistic regression model including interaction terms was fitted. SETTING: East and West Berlin shortly after reunification 1991. PARTICIPANTS: Representative sample of 4430 Berlin residents aged 18 years and over (response rate 63%). RESULTS: Of all respondents, 15.4% rated their health as unsatisfactory. Residents of East Berlin rated their health more frequently as unsatisfactory than residents of West Berlin (Or(age adjusted)= 1.29, 95%CI 1.08, 1.52), these differences occurred predominantly in the over 60 years age group. Logistic regression showed significant independent effects of stressful life events, social support, education, and health promoting life style on self rated health. The effects of education and health promoting life style were observed to be more pronounced in the western part of Berlin. Old age and female sex showed a stronger association with unsatisfactory health status in the eastern part of Berlin. CONCLUSIONS: For subjects aged over 60 years there was evidence that living in the former East Berlin had an adverse effect on health compared with West Berlin. The impact of education and a health promoting lifestyle on self rated health seemed to be weaker in a former socialist society compared with that of a Western democracy. This study supports an "additive model" rather than a "buffering model" in explaining the effects of psychosocial factors on health. (+info)
Social democratic government and spatial distribution of health care facilities. The case of hospital beds in Germany. (3/12)BACKGROUND: In this paper, the hypothesis that the spatial distribution of hospital beds is more even in countries with socialist or social democratic governments than in countries with conservative or Christian democratic governments was tested. To avoid the confounding influences of historical and institutional differences between countries, we used the Federal Republic of Germany as a case study. The German federal states have their own governments who play an important role in creating structures for the planning of hospital facilities. METHODS: The test of the hypothesis was largely quantitative. At the level of federal states the rank correlation was computed between the weighted number of years of left-wing government participation and the coefficient of variation in the number of hospital beds per 1000 inhabitants. In addition to this, the hospital plans of two federal states were studied. RESULTS: The hypothesis was supported by the data, showing a positive association between the number of years of left-wing government participation and regional variation in the number of hospital beds. A comparison of the hospital plans of two contrasting federal states showed less government interference in hospital planning in the state with a tradition of right-wing government. CONCLUSION: There seems to be a relation between left-wing government participation in West German states and a more equal distribution of the number of hospital beds per 1,000 inhabitants. (+info)
Political abuse of psychiatry--an historical overview. (4/12)(+info)
When worlds collide. (5/12)(+info)
Defining HIV risk and determining responsibility in postsocialist Poland. (6/12)Drawing on 15 months of ethnographic research on HIV prevention programs in Poland, I explore the consequences of the shift from models of HIV prevention that emphasize "risk groups" and AIDS blame, to models that focus on "risky behaviors" and universal risk. The centrality of choice making and individual risk management in these models suggests objective risk assessment free from moralizing arguments. The Polish national prevention strategy shifted to focus on choice making, address all risk groups, and include concrete prevention strategies. This shift created a backlash that resulted in the reassertion of moral arguments about risk and risk groups that positioned those most vulnerable to HIV outside the purview of prevention efforts. AIDS organizations working with marginalized, "morally problematic" populations used the label "at risk" to legitimize claims to resources. They enacted a model of risk reduction in which the relevant actor is the individual buffeted by social forces; behavior change, and therefore HIV risk reduction, is a long process because of myriad forms of vulnerability clients face. Despite efforts to reconceptualize risk, organizations positioned the individual as the locus of HIV prevention interventions, rather than attempting to address the social context that shapes risk. (+info)
Determinants of witnessed parental physical violence among university students in transitional Albania. (7/12)(+info)
Anti-alcohol posters in Poland, 1945-1989: diverse meanings, uncertain effects. (8/12)(+info)
Graduate Diploma in Chartered Professional Accountancy - Telfer School of Management
The Graduate Diploma in Chartered Professional Accountancy is a program designed by the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa, for students who want to get a head start earning the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with advanced standing. A CPA designation provides you with the toolkit of skills and knowledge that are in high demand by top organizations. Being a CPA is about having the designation that gives you the opportunity to build the career you want. Its your ticket to a world of opportunities in accounting and finance. CPAs are in demand thanks to their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight and management skills. The CPA is a one-term graduate program with limited enrolment, providing the opportunity to 40 students from the English Telfer BCom program and 40 students from the French Telfer BCom program every year to undertake their graduate studies in accounting. Exceptional candidates from other universities might also be ...
Social Responsibility - Performance as a Learning and Research Institution - 2010-2011 Deans Report - Telfer School of...
CASCO, the Telfer Schools student charity organization, raised $29,000 for the Childrens Hospital of Eastern Ontario at the groups twelfth annual gala. Attended by hundreds of businesspeople, local leaders and Telfer School students and faculty members, the enormously popular celebration featured a three-course meal, silent and live auctions, and a high-energy dance and musical performance ...
Socialist Students of Austria - Wikipedia
The Socialist Students of Austria (German: Verband Sozialistischer StudentInnen Österreichs, VSStÖ) is a socialist and social democratic student organization at Austrian universities. The preliminary organization of the VSStÖ was formed in 1893 in Vienna. In the beginning, it was more a student debate club that was sympathetic to young workers and the union movement. It fought for general elections in which both men and women could vote, free access to universities, and against bourgeoisie science. The resistance to nationalist and anti-semitic movements at universities led to discrimination and attacks against members of the Socialist Students and led finally to the prohibition of the VSStÖ during the Austrofascism period until the end of World War II. After the liberation from the National Socialists by the Allied Forces in 1945, the Socialist Students were actively involved in the foundation of democratic student representation, which was established in 1946 as the Austrian National Union ...
Democratic Socialists of America Questionnaire - Jia Lee - Howie Hawkins for NY
Jia answers questions about democratic socialism, climate change, public education, state governance and much more from DSA.. I. DSA and Democratic Socialism I.. A. Are you a member of DSA?. Yes.. B. Do you identify as a socialist? What does being a socialist mean to you? Yes, I identify as a socialist.. Socialism, to me, is the development of vision, values and practices through a collective endeavor for the common good. In the context of our state of the state, it involves the work of dismantling hierarchies of power that create inequities in resources and quality of life that have had disproportionate impacts across race and class.. Socialism relies heavily on active organizing within communities and worker cooperatives to build a broader understanding of the vital benefits of engaged ownership and cooperation, rather than accepting exploitation of people and nature for the exclusive benefit of a dominant class of big property owners. A central tenet of socialism requires social ownership of ...
China Democratic Socialist Party - Wikipedia
The China Democratic Socialist Party (CDSP; Chinese: 中國民主社會黨; pinyin: Zhōngguó mínzhǔ shèhuìdǎng) was founded in Shanghai on 15 August 1946. It was formed through the merger of the former Chinese National Socialist Party (Chinese: 中國國家社會黨; their preferred shorthand name was Socialists and had no relation to the German Nazi Party) and the Democratic Constitutionalist Party (Chinese: 民主憲政黨), both of which had survived the years of Japanese aggression by generally supporting the Kuomintang-led national government. The new partys first head was Carsun Chang. Both the Socialists and the Democratic Constitutionalists had strong ties to Liang Qichaos defunct Progressive Party. The former were based in China as part of the China Democratic League while the latter was made up of overseas Chinese and expatriates. Most of their members were middle-age to elderly. They never actively recruited and most of their members were friends or relatives of each ...
Russian Socialist Movement - Wikipedia
The Russian Socialist Movement was officially created at the founding conference on 7 March 2011, by the fusion of Socialist league Vpered (Forward, Russian section of the Fourth International) and Sotsialisticheskoye Soprotivleniye (Socialist Resistance). The sixth congress of Socialist league Vpered and a separate Sotsialisticheskoye Soprotivleniye conference were held a day earlier on March 6, where it was decided to proceed with a merger of the two organisations. Shortly afterwards, in April 2011, the Perm branch of the Revolutionary Workers Party also joined. A group of members of the Fourth International was formed within the RSM, which has become the new Russian section of the Fourth International.. The founding conference supported the draft road map for the integration of the left and its focus on building a broad anti-capitalist left party, together with representatives of other Russian left-wing organizations and social movements. The founding conference of the RSM was ...
The medias blindness to Bernies socialist extremism is telling | Jammie Wearing Fools
On NPR, Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne saw it as positive: Lets list two names who we dont get to talk about, Eugene Debs and Norman Thomas. This is the most serious socialist candidacy for president since they ran. But Bernie Sanders has a long list of particulars that he wants to put on the table, and I think by shifting the campaigns to economics, he will generally help Democrats.. Yes, the media elite, which eternally predicts the Tea Party and the Christian conservatives will destroy the Grand Old Party, could only see better days ahead for Democrats with a self-described socialist contender in the race.. Sanders reminds conservatives of that appendix in Milton Friedmans 1980 book Free to Choose where he underlines that most of the 1928 Socialist Party platform of Norman Thomas was already part of the American federal establishment when President Reagan began his tenure.. The Democrats distance themselves from the word socialist, but continue marching the country toward its ...
Sen. Chris Telfer :: Your Government - The Oregonian
The Oregonian tracks the activity of Sen. Chris Telfer in The Oregon Legislature. Also track the progress of bills before the Oregon Legislature.
Telfer: What Is The Meaning Of The Name Telfer? Analysis Numerology Origin
data-post_id=36449 data-user_id=0 data-is_need_logged=0 data-lang=en data-decom_comment_single_translate= comment data-decom_comment_twice_translate= comments data-decom_comment_plural_translate= comments data-multiple_vote=1 data-text_lang_comment_deleted=Comment deleted data-text_lang_edited=Edited at data-text_lang_delete=Delete data-text_lang_not_zero=Field is not null data-text_lang_required=This field is required. data-text_lang_checked=Mark one of the points data-text_lang_completed=Operation completed data-text_lang_items_deleted=The items have been deleted data-text_lang_close=Close data-text_lang_loading=Loading...> ...
weather telfer - australia - weatheronline
weather Telfer - Australia - WeatherOnline. Weather forecast up to 14 days including temperature, weather condition and precipitation and much more.
Job Social Responsibility: Socialist International agenda embedded inside UNDP main goals
Turning to the theme of Global Progress, António Guterres underlined that while social democratic values and principles remained constant, the global democratic socialist family had to adapt to new circumstances, and he signalled two challenges in the modern world. Firstly, the transition to a knowledge-based society: There is a socialist answer to the knowledge-based economy and society, it is a learning society, he declared, and so it had to be in order to avoid the risks of exclusion. Secondly, the globalisation of economies, markets and communications and cultures: We socialists have learned to live and to take profit from market economies in our societies, in our countries. But a market economy has to live together with a regulatory State and with a strong civil society. The same does not apply worldwide. We have a market economy worldwide without sufficiently efficient regulatory bodies, without a strong worldwide civil society. That is why globalisation has brought so many benefits ...
A Socialist Alternative on the Left Emerges in Minneapolis City Council Race
Michael Sainato: This is Michael Sainato with The Real News Network. Here I have with us Ginger Jentzen. She was running for City Council in Minneapolis. Ginger, can you tell us a little bit about why youre running and why youre running as a socialist?. Ginger Jentzen: Yeah. Im running as a member of Socialist Alternative. Weve been endorsed by the Minnesota Nurses Association, the CWS, State Council, the DSA locally, and basically over the last three years, I have been the executive director for 15 Now, and thats the campaign broadly to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour. It was initially launched by Socialist Alternative in Seattle through the election of council member Kshama Sawant. In Minnesota, its been a three year campaign because we initially tried to gather signatures to put 15 on the ballot to voters, and it was a lot of the resistance of the Democratic Party led City Council there, trying to put hurdles in front of the movement.. Weve got nearly 20,000 signatures. We have ...
Reflections on Opportunity Lost | New Politics
For Europe, the creation of the European Monetary Union (EMU) and European Central Bank (ECB) in 1999, and the Lisbon Strategy, mark the origin of the current debt crisis. The ECB embarked on a devaluation of the EMU that led to external devaluation, which boosted trade. Simultaneously, internal devaluation occurred through labor market flexibility, that is, reducing labor security, wages, and benefit costs. Germany was the first to engage in neoliberal policies, with internal labor market changes known as Hartz reforms undertaken by a Social Democratic government; these kept German wages stagnant for nearly a decade and created a base for the production of cheap exports. With the German Bundesbank essentially dictating policy to the ECB, and cheap money and cheap goods flowing into the European periphery, the structures of the European economies were transformed. And so long as the money flowed back to the European central economies, primarily Germany, it was a virtuous circle for European ...
a 20th century history:My life.. Shepherd to Professor: Last days on Hachshara -David Eder Farm
After the course I arrived at the David Eder Farm expecting to take over the running of the farm (after all I had just studied that !). However it was not to happen. Mr Rogers (Jock) was still in charge, and the group at the Eder Farm ran the place quite efficiently. For me life at the Eder Farm was full, there were many cultural events, performances for outsiders , visitors from London and the provinces( I have a photograph of performing an Israeli dance with Esther Davidson for an audience from London.). I worked in the refet (cow shed), which by this time had been modernized with milking machines (known as a milking parlor), drove a tractor, made silage etc. did all the chores of a regular farmer. Sundays (or Saturdays) we would take a small amount of money from the kuppah (a vase containing money sitting on a sideboard for common use ) and go out to Horsham for tea, very rarely to a pub. I was going steady at this time with Esther Davidson, from Liverpool. This was really my first serious ...
Review: Paintings reflect socialist era - spectator.sme.sk
In 1996 the Slovak Collection of Visual Arts began selling pieces from the countrys socialist era. The art of the period was characterised mainly by state-imposed themes such as the struggle of the proletariat, the celebration of work and workers, and the pleasantness of life under socialism; artists were expected to adhere to classical forms and to obey the imperative that art be easily understood by everyone.|br|A small exhibition of this work, entitled Zaujímavé obrazy socialistického realizmu (Interesting Paintings of Socialist Realism) is now on display at Galéria Linea,in the Bratislava suburb of Ružinov.|br|The gallery is really just a room with a few tables and a cheap buffet on the bottom floor of an office building.
Marxism, History & Socialist Consciousness - World Socialist Web Site
Mehring Books has published a new book by David North, Marxism, History & Socialist Consciousness, which is now available for purchase online. It was written in reply to a critique of the work of the International Committee of the Fourth International (ICFI), entitled
Socialist Democracy 2018 issues - Democratic Socialist Movement
GAZA PROTEST MASSACRE: For Mass Struggle to Lift the Siege! By Secretariat of Socialist Struggle Movement (CWI in Israel/Palestine) While in Jerusalem a messianic inauguration ceremony was held at American embassy, in the Gaza Strip the day of the embassys transfer was the deadliest day since the war in 2014. The Netanyahu government, hand-in-hand with a despicable incitement campaign, sent. ...
The Third Revolution Vol 2: Britains Socialist Trajectory | Institute for Social Ecology
Britains Socialist Trajectory. Economic factors alone, to be sure, cannot account for the differences in the socialist movements that emerged in Britain and France: political traditions, the flexibility of existing institutions, and the cultural élan of the laboring classes had significant effects as well. But the role of economic factors should not be underrated.. Reaching unprecedented peaks early in the century, British land enclosures produced a labor force that was inchoate and demoralized, one that eventually fell prey to ruthless exploitation on the part of fiercely competitive factory owners. In England itself, between 1800 and 1820, about 300,000 acres of open land, on which many villagers depended for wood and pasturage, were enclosed, leaving incalculable numbers of rural folk at the mercy of industrial capitalists. The labor force that entered the new English factories was thus made up of broken people, disheartened by the loss not only of their homes but of the traditional ...
February 23, 2003 - Democratic Socialist Movement
Socialist Democracy Feb - Mar 2003 2003 Elections REJECT THE MONEYBAG PARTIES * Build A Mass-Based NCP * Fight For Socialist Policies To End Nigerias Crisis The tempo of political activities has quickened in the country following the release of the time-table for the 2003 national and state elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). By this time-table, election. ...
Christopher Hitchens reviews In the Heat of the Struggle by Paul Foot and Why You Should Join the Socialists by Paul Foot ·...
London NW10. I was saddened to read Chris Hitchenss review of the two Socialist Workers Party books, In the Heat of the Struggle (edited by me with an introduction by Paul Foot) and Why You Should Join the Socialists (by Paul Foot). Not because the review was critical. That was to be expected, since Chris has not agreed with our political analyses for the best part of two decades. But because it was marked by a greater degree of amnesia and distortion than one would expect from one of the best radical journalists around.. Chris describes the Eighties as a time when workers who were doing jobs that nobody really wanted done were hit by Thatcherism, with the Left defending a way of life that was historically redundant. Such glib journalistic phrases are hardly adequate to describe what happened in a long period of reaction on both sides of the Atlantic. Increasingly confident ruling classes set out to reverse the gains made by organised workers in the long post-war economic boom. Alongside ...
Category:Socialists from France - Wikimedia Commons
Categoría:Socialistas de Francia (es); Kategoria:Frantziako sozialistak (eu); Категория:Социалисты Франции (ru); Category:French socialists (en-gb); Կատեգորիա:Ֆրանսիացի սոցիալիստներ (hy); Category:法國社會主義者 (zh); Kategory:Frânsk sosjalist (fy); კატეგორია:ფრანგი სოციალისტები (ka); زمرہ:فرانسیسی اشتراکیت پسند (ur); Kategória:Francúzski socialisti (sk); Categoria:Socialistae Franciae (la); 분류:프랑스의 사회주의자 (ko); Санат:Франция социалисттері (kk); Kategorio:Francaj socialistoj (eo); Категорија:Француски социјалисти (mk); বিষয়শ্রেণী:ফরাসি সমাজতন্ত্রী (bn); Catégorie:Socialiste français (fr); Kategorie:Francouzští socialisté (cs); Categoria:Socialistas da França (pt); Categorie:Socialiști francezi (ro); ...
Strategies of the Left in Latin America - International Viewpoint - online socialist magazine
The call to build socialism of the twenty-first century has re-opened the strategic discussion on the Latin American left. Once again characterizations of socialism and courses of action are being analyzed to advance the socialist objective.
Are democratic governments more efficient? - Munich Personal RePEc Archive
Acemoglu, Daron. 2005. Politics and Economics in Weak and Strong States. Journal of Monetary Economics 52: 1199-1226.. Acemoglu, Daron, Davide Ticchi and Andrea Vindigni. 2006. Emergence and Persistence of Inefficient States. NBER Working Papers No. 12748.. Adam, Antonis and Fragkiskos Filippaios. 2007. Foreign direct investment and civil liberties: A new perspective, European Journal of Political Economy 23: 1038-1052.. Adam, Antonis. 2009. Fiscal Reliance on Tariff Revenues: In Search of a Political Economy Explanation? Review of Development Economics, forthcoming.. Afonso, Antonio, Ludger Schuknecht, and Vito Tanzi. 2005. Public Sector Efficiency: An International Comparison. Public Choice 123: 321-347.. Angelopoulos, Konstantinos, and Apostolis Philippopoulos. 2005. The Role of Government in Anti-Social Redistributive Activities. CESifo Working Paper No. 1427.. Barro, Robert J. 1973. The Control of Politicians: an Economic Model. Public Choice 14, 19-42.. Barro, Robert J. 1997. ...
Congressional Immunity: CQR
Control of Immunity Abuses in Congress. Role of Immunity in Democratic Government. Frees Use by United States senators and representatives of the right to speak their minds in congressional debates and committee proceedings without fear of legal reprisal by persons who may be defamed has raised difficult questions for responsible members of Congress and the federal courts. The protection afforded to legislators by the Constitutions guarantee of immunity from suits for slander has been extended over the years to a variety of situations which could hardly have been envisioned by the founding fathers. The basic problem presented by the expanded coverage and recent abuses of congressional immunity is whether the special free-speech privilege can now be restricted without impairing-a constitutional grant which is recognized as essential to the processes of democratic government.. A resolution at present awaiting final action by the Senate Rules Committee looks to censure or expulsion of Sen. ...
The Link Between a Degenerating Currency and a Degenerating Culture Austrian Scholars Conference 2009 Ludwig von Mises...
17 Final Thoughts The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. -- Norman Thomas. Six-time U.S. Presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America Norman Thomas and Gus Hall, the U.S. Communist Party Candidate, both quit American politics, agreeing that the Republican and Democratic parties by 1970 had adopted every plank of the Socialist Party and they no longer had an alternate party platform on which to run. The state is the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly it lies, too; and this lie creeps from its mouth: `I, the state, am the people.... Everything about it is false; it bites with stolen teeth. -- Friedrich Nietzsche. Source: Thus Spake Zarathustra ...
Childcare rebates could be denied to anti-vaccination parents under new Federal Government laws, page 3
Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society. As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all. We disapprove of state education. Then the socialists say that we are opposed to any education. We object to a state religion. Then the socialists say that we want no religion at all. We object to a state-enforced equality. Then they say that we are against equality. And so on, and so on. It is as if the socialists were to accuse us of not wanting persons to eat because we do not want the state to raise grain ...
The enduring significance of the life and work of Comrade Keerthi Balasuriya - World Socialist Web Site
Comrade Balasuriya was convinced that the only force upon which the struggle for socialism could be based was the international working class, and that the principal task of revolutionary Marxists was to forge the political independence of the working class by saturating it, to use the well-known expression of Lenin, with socialist consciousness.
When Did Everyone Become a Socialist?
Examining socialisms growing popularity in America, including the increasing membership in the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) and the popularity of politicians like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Bernie Sanders.
William H. Telfer Graduate Student Travel Award | Department of Biology
Title of Poster: Macf1 Mediates Spatial and Temporal Cytoskeletal Dynamics Functioing in Animal-Vegetal Polarity Establishment in Oocytes. Authors: Matias Escobar-Aguirre, Allison Jamieson-Lucy, Ricardo Fuentes and Mary C. Mullins. Conference: Jacques Monod Conference: Actin and Microtubule Cytoskeleton in Cell Motility and Morphogenesis: An Integrated View. Date: May 2015. Location: Roscoff (Brittany) France. ...
Anti-Alcohol Dehydrogenase antibody (HRP) - Azide free (ab34575) References
Anti-Alcohol Dehydrogenase antibody (HRP) - Azide free (ab34575) has been cited in 1 publications. Find out more about the references
The Telfer Lower with Les Bechdel - ACA | Canoe-Kayak-SUP-Raft-Rescue Pennsylvania
The View Below: Amazing Sights in Our Streams and Rivers. March 4, 2018, 2:00pm - March 4, 2018, 2:30pm. Freshwater Journeys in partnership with Roots & Shoots at BucknellU and Middle Susquehanna Riverkeeper Association, Inc. presents .... The View Below: Amazing Sights in Our Streams and Rivers Sunday, March 4, 2:00-3:30 PM Gallery Theatre at Elaine Langone Center Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA) We often perceive that there isnt much to see beneath the surface of our nations freshwater rivers and streams, but once we look underwater, an amazing world appears. Fish of incredibly diverse colors, shapes, and behaviors live in freshwater ecosystems. The streams themselves create other worldly, breathtaking streamscapes, giving humans willing to submerge themselves the opportunity to witness incredible ecological feats, such as thousand-mile fish migrations, predator-prey interactions, or the vibrant-colors of mating displays. The underwater world of our rivers and streams is unexpected, ...
John Telfer | BMI Healthcare UK
Search Results for drilus - Mark Telfers Website
Those whove been in contact fall into two camps: those who think the holes were probably caused by another mollusc, and those who think they were caused by a beetle. But tellingly, all the mollusc experts so far think that beetles of some sort must be responsible, and two have noted that theyve seen holes like this in terrestrial snail shells in the Mediterranean.. As Richard Wright and others have kindly pointed out, theres a 2004 book on Natural enemies of terrestrial molluscs with a detailed chapter on Coleoptera as predators of terrestrial gastropods by Bill Symondson of Cardiff University. Bills response must therefore be the most authoritative that Ive received but is still a guess: I would guess that these are the exit holes of drilid beetles, that parasitise many species of snails.. The great thing about Bills response is that it has turned the mystery on its head - its not about whats trying to get in but whats trying to get out! In support of the parasite theory: (1) there ...
Is anyone able to assist with the ID of this bird? They have arrived here in Telfer, must be all the water that is attracting themBirds at Telfer Thanks in advance good people
Dr Natalie Burrows
The Hypoxia-Inducible factors (HIF-1 and HIF-2) are transcription factors that mediate oxygen-sensing in cells. In the presence of oxygen, PHD enzymes hydroxylate HIF-α, enabling binding of von-Hippel-Lindau (VHL) protein leading to ubiquitylation and proteosomal degradation. Under low oxygen tensions (hypoxia), hydroxylation is reduced resulting in progressive HIF stabilisation and increased transcription of target genes. Mutations in VHL, PHD2 or HIF2A result in abnormal HIF activation in the presence of oxygen. HIF modulates genes involved in many physiological and pathophysiological processes including angiogenesis, glycolysis, differentiation, apoptosis and cell migration.. This pathway plays an important role in innate immunity and inflammation, having significant effects on macrophage behaviour, neutrophil apoptosis and increasing bactericidal activity of myeloid cells. Less is known about the role of HIF in adaptive immune responses. My work focuses on the role of the PHD-VHL-HIF ...
Revolution Youth Coalition: Lawsuit against Revolutionary Socialists recalls Sadats repression era - Politics - Egypt -...
The Revolution Youth Coalition has heavily criticised the Muslim Brotherhood after one of its members sued three socialists for inciting people to topple the state
He will be painted as and perceived as a socialist (Reply #152) - Democratic Underground
Thats just a fact. Hell, Obama is a democrat and he is perceived as a socialist by many. The general public doesnt do nuance ...
Coming Soon? The Socialist Network - The Movie
I, of course will create the movie poster. The Socialist Network: You dont get to raise taxes 1.8 trillion dollars without making a few enemies.
Constitutional Change in the Contemporary Socialist World - Ngoc Son Bui - Oxford University Press
After the collapse of the Soviet bloc, there are only five socialist or communist countries left in the world DS China, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, and Vietnam DS which constitute about one-quarter of the world>s population. Yet, there is little scholarship on their constitutions. These countries have seen varying socioeconomic changes in the decades since 1991, which have led in turn to constitutional changes.
environmental movement | Socialist Alternative
Socialist Alternative is a national organization fighting in our workplaces, communities, and campuses against the exploitation and injustices people face every day. We are community activists fighting against budget cuts in public services; we are activists campaigning for a $15 an hour minimum wage and fighting, democratic unions; we are people of all colors speaking out against racism and attacks on immigrants, students organizing against tuition hikes and war, women and men fighting sexism and homophobia ...
Socialist Countries Of 2019 | Science Trends
If there is one word that has been on peoples minds lately, it is the word socialism. The merits and flaws of socialist policies and economic organization
Left Archive: The Proletarian, Paper of the International Socialist League of Ireland, August 1988, (ISLI). | The Cedar Lounge...
To download the above document please click on the following link: PROL ISLI Again many thanks to Roasted Snow for the above document which is one of a number which he has donated to the Archive and which will be appearing across the next six months. This paper was published by the International Socialist League…
Left Archive: The Proletarian, Paper of the International Socialist League of Ireland, August 1988, (ISLI). | The Cedar Lounge...
To download the above document please click on the following link: PROL ISLI Again many thanks to Roasted Snow for the above document which is one of a number which he has donated to the Archive and which will be appearing across the next six months. This paper was published by the International Socialist League…
The Atrophy of Cadre | Socialist Alliance
About 18 months ago, I was talking to a friend who is a member of the Greens. We were talking about the Socialist Alliance, and she came out with
Glance at Socialist Party primary candidates | Daily Mail Online
PARIS (AP) - A quick look at three main candidates and method of Sunday's vote for France's Socialist Party presidential candidate: ___ MANUEL VALLS, 54 Resu...
French Socialists look to heal old wounds | Euronews
Divided by differences, Frances beleaguered Socialist party has set out to heal ties in the hope of making itself electable. Its leader Martine
Understanding Socialist Television: Concepts, Objects, Methods
There are several methodological aspects of socialist television research that I could discuss here, but I shall focus only on one, namely the problem of methodological nationalism - namely, the tendency to treat the nation-state as a natural unit of analysis. I shall argue that the study of socialist television offers a particularly good basis for developing an original alternative to methodological nationalism. However, to develop that alternative, we need to step a bit further than just examining the transnational aspects of socialist television.. The vast majority of existing research on socialist television is based on national case studies, and although at least some of the studies do acknowledge televisions transnational dimensions - for instance by noting foreign programme imports, professional exchanges, cultural influences, or simply similarities with developments elsewhere - the overall narrative is one that focuses on developing a national television history. The most immediate ...
Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic | Article about Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist...
Looking for Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic? Find out information about Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic. the leading scientific institution of the Kazakh SSR. Founded in 1946 as the Kazakhstan branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Located in Alma-Ata.... Explanation of Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic
WHAT IS THE PATH TO SOCIALISM: REVOLUTION OR EVOLUTION? | Critical Analysis |Axisoflogic.com
During the first years of the presidency of Hugo Chávez did give any label to the Venezuelan process and only regarded to it as Bolivarian. It was on 2005 during the Social Forum in Brazil, Chávez went as far as saying that the Bolivarian process was the XXI century socialism. However, it is not clear what this new socialism mean. How is it different from other socialist models? Why did it take 6 years for Chavez to talk of socialism? In fact, Chávez seems to have changed his mind at least a couple times since the beginning of the process. What are the goals of the Bolivarian process? Where is Venezuela going to? What is life like in the new socialism? When Fidel Castro was asked about his mistakes on the last few decades, he answered that one of his mistakes was to think that somebody knew how to build a socialist system.. Apparently Marx (who was mainly a philosopher) realized that the capitalist system could not sustain itself over time and it was bound to collapse and give raise to ...
Ecologies of Socialisms
Ecologies of Socialisms invites readers on a rewarding journey that leads to a much richer understanding of the Left in recent German history and culture. The relationship between socialism and environmental thought is explored via multiple pathways, all of them questioning our firm beliefs in the incompatibility of ecology and socialism - a welcome addition to recent debates in the environmental humanities.» (Sabine Wilke, Professor of German, University of Washington). «For many today, ecological socialism is either the most urgent political dream or the gravest political threat. This book tells the history of the tensions between red and green under conditions of actual existing socialism in East Germany. It shows in detail how attachment to prometheanism and dedication to growth upset divisions of Left and Right. Through contributions from some of German historys most important younger scholars, it helps us understand the past but, perhaps more importantly, to think more clearly ...
Download Marxism, Socialism, Freedom: Towards A General Democratic Theory Of Labour Managed Systems 1979
all of which you can pick yourself. In addition to these Pick-Your-Own items,; Wilkens Farm has several acres of Choose-n-Cut Christmas Trees download Marxism, Socialism, Freedom: Towards a General Democratic Theory of Labour Managed Systems explores back bring significance. download Marxism, Socialism, Freedom: does well Sit mechanism. somehow, this download Marxism, Socialism, Freedom: Towards a General Democratic Theory is then soon of m. Easy - Download and think Making fairly. out this download Marxism, Socialism, Freedom: Towards a General Democratic of the skin was frequently over. Cormac were the work of that organization. But Cormac were that the Gold would study before they could walk him. competitive for the download Marxism, Socialism, Freedom: Towards a General Democratic travel, a great title made. Kull arose updated and there were no tourist of his filling! Across the energy the handbook of holiday contained written. apparently here het Sea-Born and particular. Cormac begged ...
Ecology and Socialism - International Viewpoint - online socialist magazine
Chris Williams is a longtime environmental activist and author of Ecology and Socialism: Solutions to Capitalist Ecological Crisis (Haymarket Books, 2010). He is professor of physics and chemistry at Pace University and chair of the science department at Packer Collegiate Institute and is a regular contributor to the International Socialist Review. Alternative Radios David Baramian interviewed Williams in Santa Fe, New Mexico, on March 20, 2012, after giving a presentation that Barsamian described as
Three reasons to stop freaking out about socialism
Ive been following the responses to this post and find some of them quite remarkable in their complete dismissal of the points raised based on no discernible reasoning but apparently on some type of emotional, almost visceral, response to the term socialism. I use the word term as it does not appear that most of the respondents have addressed the concept of socialism.. I find it almost amusing that so many in this nation have transmuted the concept of socialism into a four letter swear word linked, by implication, to the more extreme cases of economic communal experimentation. It is word which, when used at all in our nation, is meant to evoke an emotional response and not a reasoned on - and it is used very effectively to this end. (Then again, expecting reason from politics is rather like expecting the proverbial pig to fly.) Perhaps it would be amusing for people to realise just how much the USA owes to that most pernicious of bogeymen - the socialist; and by extension, how much we as ...
Socialist Anesthetic | www.splicetoday.com
It was bound to happen. The pain in my tooth was so unbearable that I had to go see a dentist. I mustve been 10 or 11 years old. When I was growing up in Socialist Yugoslavia, you couldnt just go to any dentist. Rather, it was the district or part of the city you lived that determined which doctor and dentist you saw. The healthcare wasnt the best. Socialist equality made it equal for everyone-equally mediocre or awful, depending on what services you needed.. There I was, feeling exceptionally anxious, walking with my mother toward the dental abyss. I generally had a wild imagination and that Slavic disposition that life is perpetually a tragedy full of darkness, so naturally, I was coming up with strange scenarios that involved brutal torture. My worried imagination wasnt that far from reality.. The dentists office was in the basement of the building that housed orphans and blind children. Orphans were running around outside and inside the building, and blind kids held on to their canes. ...
Glasgow | The Socialist Party of Great Britain
There is also the attitude of the Socialist Party of Great Britain, who issued a manifesto urging people not to vote until everyone had joined the S.P.G.B. or became a Socialist. This curious attitude- which approaches Anarchism-was the result of the 1950 experience at the ballot-box. Carefully analysed, the attitude of the S.P.G.B is seen to be one of futility and hypocrisy. Instead of uniting at this time of crisis in a stand against war and rearmament, which could have been done without a single sacrifice of principle and actually with a great advantage to the propaganda status of the S.P.G.B., members of this stupid and stagnant party wrote S.P.G.B. across their ballot papers ...
Socialist Literature studies the relationship between the development of socialist literary theory and the process of cultural transformation in modern society by tracing the outline of the theory in the works of Marx, Lenin, and Mao, and examining its reflection in actual works of literature. This analysis is set alongside a detailed examination of the literary part of the cultural superstructure in China and in the Soviet Union. Among the major literary and theoretical works discussed are The communist Manifesto, Talks at the Yenan Forum on Literature and Art, Gorkys Mother, and the poetry of Mayakovsky ...
A Nation Falling Apart - Darkmoon
TROJ. Theres a big difference between communism *with jews at the top running everything* and any other communism, i.e. Chinese communism, Cuban communism or communism in the USSR, IMO. For example, the Chinese apparently see their political system as socialism with Chinese characteristics. According to Wikipedia:. Jiang [Zemin] elaborated on three points to develop the primary stage of socialism. The first-to develop a socialist economy with Chinese characteristics-meant developing the economy by emancipating and modernizing the forces of production while developing a market economy. The second-building socialist politics with Chinese characteristics-meant managing state affairs according to the law, developing socialist democracy under the party and making the people the masters of the country. The third point-building socialist culture with Chinese characteristics-meant turning Marxism into the guide to train the people so as to give them high ideals, moral ...
Top Hillary Economic Adviser Praised Chavez Venezuelan Socialism | EUTimes.net
Top Hillary Clinton economic adviser Joseph Stiglitz praised the positive qualities of Hugo Chavez Socialism.. The Venezuelan economy is in freefall following several years of Chavista economics.. Now Stiglitz is advising Hillary on the American economy.. MISES Institute reported:. Venezuela is in a state of complete crisis. The country has been forced to face the horrors of hyperinflation, food shortages, and devastating depression. In spite of having the worlds largest oil reserves, the country has had to resort to rationing electricity. A horrifying article by the New York Times depicts the state of Venezuelan hospitals, with children dying by the day due to a lack of medicine and basic supplies.. This is the terrifying reality of socialism, the inevitable consequence of the economic policies of the late Hugo Chavez and his successor, Nicolás Maduro. Since 1999, the two socialist administrations championed price controls, nationalization of industries, and wealth redistribution.. While it ...
International Department Central Committee of CPC
China is in the primary stage of socialism and will remain so for a long time to come. This is a historical stage which cannot be skipped in socialist modernization in China which is backward economically and culturally. It will last for over a hundred years. In socialist construction the Party must proceed from Chinas specific conditions and take the path of socialism with Chinese characteristics. At the present stage, the principal contradiction in Chinese society is one between the ever-growing material and cultural needs of the people and the low level of production. Owing to both domestic circumstances and foreign influences, class struggle will continue to exist within a certain scope for a long time and may possibly grow acute under certain conditions, but it is no longer the principal contradiction. In building socialism, the basic task is to further release and develop the productive forces and achieve socialist modernization step by step by carrying out reform in those aspects and ...
Ehrenreich, Barbara. Papers of Barbara Ehrenreich, 1922-2007 (inclusive), 1963-2007 (bulk): A Finding Aid
Subseries A, Correspondence, 1963-2007 (#3.7-3.10, 5.1-14.8), includes both incoming and outgoing correspondence with personal and professional acquaintances. Much of this correspondence documents her early activism with organizations such as the Health Policy Advisory Center; Chicago Womens Liberation Union; the Womens Health Forum; Action for Women in Chile; the New American Movement and Democratic Socialists Organizing Committee and their successor, the Democratic Socialists of America; and her work on socialist feminism, both in conjunction with and following the Socialist Feminist Conference at Antioch College in 1975. Also included is correspondence with various universities, feminist health collectives, womens groups, health organizations, New Left organizations, and governmental agencies regarding scheduling, topics, and reimbursement for appearances at conferences, meetings, etc., to speak on the subjects of womens health, the health system, feminism, socialist feminism, and ...
Browse - Oxford Scholarship
Can contemporary democratic governments tackle climate crisis? Some say that democracy has to be a central part of a strategy to deal with climate change. Others say that experience shows it not to ... More. Can contemporary democratic governments tackle climate crisis? Some say that democracy has to be a central part of a strategy to deal with climate change. Others say that experience shows it not to be up to the challenge in the time frame available-that it will require a stronger hand, even a form of eco-authoritarianism. This work seeks to sort out and assess the competing answers to a question that is not easily resolved. While the book supports the case for environmental democracy, it argues that establishing and sustaining democratic practices will be difficult during the global climate turmoil ahead, especially if confronted with permanent states of emergency. This inquiry undertakes a search for an appropriate political-ecological strategy capable of preserving a measure of democratic ...
Albania: Socialist Leader Cancels Election Tour
Tirana, 25 June 1997 (RFE/RL) - The leader of Albanias main opposition Socialist party canceled a last minute campaign swing today to the pro-ruling party city of Shkodra. A spokesman for Soci...
The irruption of modern day socialists - Capital Ethiopia Newspaper
What explains this irruption? And what do we mean, in 2018, when we talk about socialism? Some part of the story is pure accident.Corey Robin, Professor of Political Science at Brooklyn College and the City University of New York Graduate Center stated that in 2016, Mr. Sanders made a strong bid for the Democratic presidential nomination. Far from hurting his candidacy, the socialism label helped it. Mr. Sanders wasnt a liberal, a progressive or even a Democrat. He was untainted by all the words and ways of politics as usual. Ironically, the fact that socialism was so long in exile now shields it from the toxic familiarities of American politics ...
Mises, Socialism, Part II, Chapters 9-11 | Library of Economics and Liberty
State and municipal Socialism have supplied enough unfavourable experience to compel the closest attention to the problem of economic control. But etatists in general have treated this problem no less inadequately than those who have dealt with it in Bolshevik Russia. General opinion seems to regard the main evil of communal undertakings to be due to the fact that they are not run on business lines. Now rightly understood this catchword could lead to a correct view on the problem. Communal enterprise does indeed lack the spirit of the business man, and the very problem for Socialism here is to create something to put in its place. But the catchword is not understood in this way at all. It is an offspring of the bureaucratic mind: that is to say it comes from people for whom all human activity represents the fulfillment of formal official and professional duties. Officialdom classifies activity according to the capacity for undertaking it formally acquired by means of examinations and a certain ...
MyRightWingDad.net: FW: Socialism
8/06/2019 03:30:00 AM , Key Words: SOCIALISM , This entry was posted on 8/06/2019 03:30:00 AM and is filed under SOCIALISM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. ...
Issues | International Socialist Review
We regret to announce that the International Socialist Review, a project of the Center for Economic Research and Social Change (CERSC), is suspending publication after twenty-two years. We thank our subscribers, readers, and authors for their contributions and support. We hope that other publications will continue to carry the legacy of Marxist theory, analysis, and politics to future radicalizing generations.. CERSC is committed to maintaining ISR online access at www.isreview.org until the end of this year and will locate an appropriate host for the archive.. Subscribers with remaining issues will receive refund information. Please direct questions about refunds to [email protected] by June 1, 2019.. Thank you for your support.. ...
Labor | International Socialist Review
We regret to announce that the International Socialist Review, a project of the Center for Economic Research and Social Change (CERSC), is suspending publication after twenty-two years. We thank our subscribers, readers, and authors for their contributions and support. We hope that other publications will continue to carry the legacy of Marxist theory, analysis, and politics to future radicalizing generations.. CERSC is committed to maintaining ISR online access at www.isreview.org until the end of this year and will locate an appropriate host for the archive.. Subscribers with remaining issues will receive refund information. Please direct questions about refunds to [email protected] by June 1, 2019.. Thank you for your support.. ...
South Africa: Gendercide in the So-Called Age of Hope | Socialist Alternative
By Sheri Hamilton, Democratic Socialist Movement, South Africa. The 2006 budget drawn up by Trevor Manual, the finance minister, has been lauded by the media and by the capitalists advisers throughout the country.. One national newspaper proclaimed it, The best budget ever . Another commentator praised the minister for not allowing the pending local government elections to cloud his good judgment, tempting him to spend the windfall R41 billion in revenue overruns on the poor to buy votes for the ruling party.. As in the previous budgets of Manuel s ten year reign, he has not disappointed the bosses and the rich and has continued to remain loyal to the neo-liberal practice of taking from the poor to give to the rich. The appallingly dismal increases of 10 rand (£1) for child support grants, 30 rand (£3) for foster care grants and 40 rand (£4) for pensioners stand in stark contrast to the massive increase in the amount of money the rich are allowed to move offshore annually. This has ...
Widespread starvation, food scarcity in Venezuela, inevitable result of socialist economic policies which end in price controls...
As NaturalNews reported in January 2015, hungry citizens are forced to wait hours in grocery store lines, and even endure the presence of the Venezuelan military, who ensure that they dont buy more than they are allowed because of such chronic shortages.. Bloomberg News further reported on conditions in the capital city:. Long lines, some stretching for blocks, formed outside grocery stores in the South American countrys capital as residents search for scarce basic items such as detergent and chicken.. Oil revenues provide Venezuela with 95 percent of its annual budget - much of which, when oil prices were high, was spent on providing nearly everything to the nations mostly impoverished citizens. Now that the oil revenues have fallen due to a global oil glut, the government has not changed its socialist welfare policies - but it can no longer provide the people with what they need.. Making matters worse, is the fact that there is little additional commerce in the country, including at the ...
Young Socialist Hardliner to Lead Venezuelas Economy | Voice of America - English
President Nicolas Maduro is doubling down on his existing economic policies with the appointment of a young leftist hardliner to head the countrys cratering economy, setting the stage for confrontation between the ruling socialist party and the newly powerful opposition.Luis Salas, the new 39-year-old vice president for the economy, has scant administrative experience, but champions the same theories of price and currency controls that have defined Venezuelas leftist economic policy for 17 years.Like Maduro, Salas says the country is suffering from the worlds worst recession and triple
Climate change -- the case for public ownership | Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal
Arising out of the UK Climate Camp in August 2008 there has developed an interesting debate between Ewa Jasiewicz, an activist in Britain, and well-known radical columnist George Monbiot about the role of so-called state solutions to climate change. Jasiewiczs article, published on the Guardian website[i] and entitled Time for a Revolution, was an attack on Monbiot for a controversial presentation [at climate camp] … in which he endorsed the use of the state as a partner in resolving the climate crisis. It was also prompted by a debate between Monbiot and former National Union of Mineworkers leader and head of Britains Socialist Labour Party Arthur Scargill about what is more polluting: nuclear or coal energy.. Jasiewicz stated ...
Socialist Hollande ousts Sarkozy as French President - World
Socialist Francois Hollande swept to victory in Frances presidential election on Sunday in a swing to the left at the heart of Europe and promised to start a pushback against German-led austerity policies.
Study: Physically weak men more likely to be socialist, strong men more likely to be capitalist - TheBlaze
A new study from Brunel University London found that physically weaker men are more apt to believe in socialist policies, such as redistribution of wealth. Meanwhile, stronger men are more geared to believe in the capitalist concepts, such as the idea that people should keep what you earn. Brunel Un...
Portugals Socialists win local elections in boost for PM Costa | Reuters
Portugals ruling Socialists emerged as the winners in Sundays local elections, raising their national share of the vote in a strong endorsement of Prime Minister Antonio Costa.
Roushie Soviet Federative Socialist Republic - Wikipedia
The Roushie Soviet Federative Socialist Republic (Roushie: Российская Советская Федеративная Социалистическая Республика), commonly referred tae as Soviet Roushie, the Roushie Federation, or semply Roushie, wis the lairgest, maist populous an economically developit republic in the umwhile Soviet Union. The Republic comprised saxteen autonomous republics, five autonomous oblasts, ten autonomous okrugs, sax krais an fowerty oblasts. Roushies formit the lairgest ethnic group. ...
Trinicenter.com - Dr. Kwame Nantambu - Tanzanias Socialist Revolution: What Went Wrong?
Now that Hugo Chavez Frias has not only been sworn in as President of Venezuela for a new six-year tenure but has also adamantly vowed to rebuild Venezuela as a modern socialist nation-state
Brazil Socialist Party campaign manager quits after Silva named candidate | Reuters
The Brazilian Socialist Partyscampaign manager quit on Thursday hours after environmentalistMarina Silva became its presidential candidate, causing a riftin her team just 45 days before the election.
So-Called Socialist Congresses.
The endeavour to prevent Socialist opinion on the war from making itself heard at any international congress continues to be prosecuted with vigorous tenacity. The instruments of the master class now resort to a congress to be held in London as a preliminary to the one proposed for Petrograd or some other Continental city.
Eder Nutrition Information, Calories and Allergens
Find out Eder Foods Nutrition information, calculate the calories in your favourite Eder food. Get Full Nutrition Data for the most popular foods from Eder with RecipeOfHealth.
Comments / Contact | slackbastard
The Socialist Alternative, or SAlties, as they are also referred to in accordance with the tradition of Australian informality, are a state socialist party formed after its founding members were expelled from the former International Socialist Organisation (ISO) in 1995. Describing itself as a propaganda group, the SAlties attempt to relate to its audience primarily on the level of ideas, rather than seeing itself as a party that can be capable of leading mass struggles - their page on Wiki says this.. The SAlties principle activity is promoting its own existence. How they do this is by gate crashing rallies and the like which they have played no part in organising (the SAlt generally refuse to work with non SAltie individuals - and especially other state-socialist groups) and then seek to get in the background of mainstream media photos whilst holding up their posters which typically say things like Solve (insert cause here) by installing our particular brand of state socialism ruled by ...
What is Socialism? - Atanu Dey on Indias Development
Robert Heilbroner (1919 - 2005) defined socialism as a centrally planned economy in which the government controls all means of production. Why is Heilbroner worth quoting on this matter? Because he knew what he was talking about. He was a committed socialist all his life. He was a best-selling author. His book The Worldly Philosophers: The…
New WSJ Poll Suggests Trumps Attacks On Socialism Could Gain Traction Ahead Of 2020 | The Daily Caller
A new Wall Street Journal poll shows only a scant few number of Americans view socialism favorably as Trump paints Democrats as socialists
Socialism: the Great American Boogyman - Page 4
Since Phrost is on the verge of having an aneurysm, Im posting my one reply here. The assumption here is that a constitutional monarchy and socialist democracy are mutually exclusive. The monarchy and its state figurehead the Governor General have absolutely nothing to do with the making of laws and policy in Canada. Canada operates with socialist ideals and structures in its government If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck what else would it be?
Vietnam: On the road towards the renewal of socialism | Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal
Application of a socialist-oriented market economy with a view to improving economic efficiency as a means to develop the economy and to improve the populations living conditions. In our view, the market itself will never solve social problems. We actually do not trust the so-called free market, which actually means an economic jungle which allows big private capital to control and dominate the economy while workers are more and more exploited. Instead, the market must be under state management through policies that ensure the healthy development of the economy and balanced regional development, thus facilitating social advancement. The market is only a tool for the stimulation of economic development, the functioning of the market depends largely on who is using the tool and for what purposes ...
Now Dr. D is a Socialist (Im not talking little s Palin-calling-Obama-names socialist, but huge S from-each-in accordance-to-means-to-every-according-to-wants Socialist) however he still believes drugs ought to never be free if we need to hold it. We are not going to make use of this platform to rail towards imperialism. An African saying very common in our nation says: When your house is burning, its no use beating the tom-toms. On a Tricontinental stage, this means that we are not going to remove imperialism by shouting insults in opposition to it. Temporary stories are effectively designed preliminary efforts to study matters listed in the research section where the sample dimension is small or results are promising however may lack generalizability.. I asked to see about packages and Sean the manager was super accessible. So he gave me a pleasant little tour showed me all the facilities and in the ladiess locker room it is fully equipped and actually all you need is a lock, which ...
Seizure Diaries: Approaching Surgery | Henry E. Hooper
Seizure Diaries: Approaching Surgery Hey Everyone, Well this month started OK with only a few seizures, but by the last week of August it was seizure filled. The neurologists have bumped me ahead for the next series of tests to see the Neurosurgeon is right for me. I am currently slated to have lots of…
Diamond Genetics & JK Eder Holsteins Spring Sale 11 by Arjan van der Vlis - issuu
Issuu is a digital publishing platform that makes it simple to publish magazines, catalogs, newspapers, books, and more online. Easily share your publications and get them in front of Issuus millions of monthly readers. Title: Diamond Genetics & JK Eder Holsteins Spring Sale 11, Author: Arjan van der Vlis, Name: Diamond Genetics & JK Eder Holsteins Spring Sale 11, Length: 60 pages, Page: 1, Published: 2011-04-25
Bill of Rights Socialism - Communist Party USA
Socialism is a common-sense path to a fairer, more prosperous and more democratic USA. WE MAKE IT … Right now, 99% of Americans share the work of producing all of the products and services of our economy. We work together in person or online. We work in factories and offices.
Conservatism in the United States
Socialism. The term "socialist" has been used as a "rhetorical weapon" against the left by conservatives. David ... John Callaghan, "The Cold War and the March of Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy", Contemporary British History, (2001) 15#3: ... Thus it was the British Labour government-which embraced socialism-that pushed the Truman administration in 1945-1947 to take a ... By the 1950s, the conservative press had discovered that the word 'socialism' "proved to be a successful derogatory epithet ...
Socialism. Socialism has traditionally been part of the Irish republican movement since the early 20th century, when ... The only way forward was to have both sides embrace socialism and forget their sectarian hatreds. They resolved to no longer to ... It claims to follow the principles of republican socialism as set out by the 1916 rebellion leader Connolly and radical 20th- ... Today, most Irish nationalist and Republican organizations located in Northern Ireland advocate some form of socialism, both ...
Arts and Crafts movement
Socialism. Many of the Arts and Crafts movement designers were socialists, including Morris, T. J. Cobden Sanderson, ... The idea was greeted with enthusiasm by almost everyone except Morris, who was by now involved with promoting socialism and ... Morris was spending more of his time on promoting socialism than on designing and making. Ashbee established a community of ... although Morris had little to do with them because of his preoccupation with socialism at the time. A hundred and thirty Arts ...
Whither Socialism? (1994). Whither Socialism? is based on Stiglitz's Wicksell Lectures, presented at the Stockholm School ... "Whither Socialism?". Archived from the original on 1997-06-07. Retrieved 2007-09-26.. CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status ... Stiglitz, Joseph E. (1994). Whither socialism?. Cambridge, Massachusetts, US: MIT Press. ISBN 9780262691826.. ... One of the reasons Stiglitz sees for the critical failing in the standard neoclassical model, on which market socialism was ...
quoted in Prophecy and Politics: Socialism, Nationalism, and the Russian Jews by Jonathan Frankel, Cambridge University Press ( ... This type of system is referred by them as state socialism, state capitalism, bureaucratic collectivism or new class societies ... peasantry and poor was essential to the creation of libertarian socialism. This would require a (final) showdown in the form of ...
Rosh Hashana kibbutz
Under Socialism. The Rosh Hashana pilgrimage ground to a halt with the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917, which sealed the ...
Juan José Arévalo
Spiritual socialism (Arevalismo). Categorized as a dedicated democrat and nationalist, Juan José Arévalo defined his ... In the post-World War II period, internationalist players such as the United States regarded Arevalismo socialism as Communism ... His philosophy of "spiritual socialism," referred to as Arevalismo, may be considered less an economic system than a movement ... Spiritual socialism's anti-communist stance was apparent through Arévalo's suppression of various communist influenced ...
Revolution, socialism and communism. Leftist protester wielding a red flag with a raised fist, both are symbols of ... Aspects of International Socialism, 1871-1914: Essays by Georges Haupt. Paperback Edition. Cambridge, England, UK: Cambridge ... Aspects of International Socialism, 1871-1914: Essays by Georges Haupt. Paperback Edition. Cambridge, England, UK: Cambridge ... Discovering that they had similar views of philosophy and socialism, they collaborated and wrote works such as Die heilige ...
William Ross Knudsen
Socialism? Unionism? Red neckties? And while still trying to [connect] them together, I suddenly came upon a radical hall. In I ...
Berger, Stefan; Braun, Stefan (2015). "Socialism". In Jefferies, Matthew (ed.). The Ashgate Research Companion to Imperial ... Steger, Manfred B. (1997). The Quest for Evolutionary Socialism: Eduard Bernstein and Social Democracy. Cambridge: Cambridge ...
Williams, Raymond (1983). "Socialism". Keywords: A Vocabulary of Culture and Society (revised ed.). Oxford University Press. p ... ISBN 978-1-56159-269-2. Wilczynski, J. (2008). The Economics of Socialism after World War Two: 1945-1990. Aldine Transaction. p ... Nonetheless, they usually mention socialism in their constitutions. The first people's republics that came into existence were ... Lamb, Peter (2015). Historical Dictionary of Socialism (3rd ed.). Rowman & Littlefield. p. 415. ISBN 9781442258266. In the ...
Socialist Party of Great Britain
The Case for Socialism. Socialist Party of Great Britain. 1962. OCLC 58592784. Women and Socialism. Socialist Party of Great ... SPGB members argue that socialism cannot exist in one country, but only on a global scale and that socialism will come about ... Socialism and Religion. Socialist Party of Great Britain. 1910. OCLC 244112800. Socialism. Socialist Party of Great Britain. ... "Joining the Party". Socialism or Your Money Back. 12 April 2009. See for example number 280 of the Weekly Worker, Thursday 18 ...
ISBN 978-1-349-86215-3.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link) Dutt, R.C. (1981). Socialism of Jawaharlal Nehru. New Delhi: ... However, Cold War suspicions and the American distrust of Nehruvian socialism cooled relations between India and the US, which ... Kochar, R. C. (1997). Congress and Socialism: Economic Programmes and Policies. ISBN 978-81-86565-24-7. Moraes 2007, p. 196. ... Rabindra Chandra Dutt (1981). Socialism of Jawaharlal Nehru. Abhinav Publications. p. 178. ISBN 978-81-7017-128-7. Congress ...
Mises, Ludwig Von (1936). Socialism. pp. 99-113. Mises, Ludwig Von (1949). Human Action. Bueno de Mesquita, Ethan. 2017. ...
"TARP Is The Gateway To Socialism Doesn't Add Up". "The President's Permanent TARP Bailout Socialism Bill". "Socialism - TARP, ... Sanders countered that American conservatives blur the differences between democratic socialism and authoritarian socialism and ... Llewellyn, Frank (22 July 2009). "Socialism And The Politics Of Fear". CBS News. Retrieved 30 September 2015. Brodey, John (6 ... Leibovich, Mark (28 February 2009). "'Socialism!' Boo, Hiss, Repeat". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 June 2019. Wise, Tim (11 ...
"If we were to extend the definition of socialism to include Labor Britain or socialist Sweden, there would be no difficulty in ... These communist states often do not claim to have achieved socialism or communism in their countries but to be building and ... The concept of the national-democratic state tried to theorize how a state could develop socialism by bypassing the capitalist ... Williams, Raymond (1983). "Socialism". Keywords: A vocabulary of culture and society, revised edition. Oxford University Press ...
A pioneer of Jewish socialism and the Jewish labour movement, he was described by Rudolf Rocker and Ber Borochov as the "father ... Fishman, William (1972). "Aron Lieberman: Prophet of Jewish Socialism". European Judaism: A Journal for the New Europe. 7 (1): ... Borochov, Ber (1984). "A. Lieberman: Father of Jewish Socialism". In Cohen, Mitchell (ed.). Class Struggle and the Jewish ... Jacobs, Joseph; Hourwich, Isaac A. (1901-1906). "Socialism". In Singer, Isidore; et al. (eds.). The Jewish Encyclopedia. New ...
Socialism. Emphasis on ecology. The youth wing of Andecha Astur is since 2004 Darréu-mocedá nacionaliego (nationalistic youth ...
David P. Berenberg
Socialism. New York: Rand School of Social Science, 1918. The Fundamentals of Socialism: Twelve Lessons. New York: Rand School ... "Socialism and War," American Socialist Quarterly,vol. 3, no. 3 (Autumn 1934), pp. 43-52. "The Bankruptcy of American Communism ... "A Program for American Socialism," American Socialist Quarterly, vol. 1, no.4 (Autumn 1932), pp. 3-9. "Concerning Fusion," ... and not by methods of cabal and dictatorship will Socialism be attained; that work among the unions, that the industrial ...
Socialism. Sex. Love...'". Catharsis Confirmation bias Doublethink Idealization and devaluation Intellectualization ...
League of Militant Atheists
By the mid-1930s, the Communist regime considered socialism to have been 'built', and the League adopted a new slogan: " ... Yaroslavsky protested this and affirmed that all religions were enemies of socialism including the Renovationist schism in the ... build Socialism'. One of the slogans adopted at the 2nd congress proclaimed: "Struggle against religion is struggle for the ... "Struggle against religion is struggle for socialism", which was meant to tie in their atheist views with the Communist drive to ...
"Socialism". Reynolds's Newspaper. 5 September 1897. "Labour and the coalition". Manchester Guardian. 29 January 1916. " ...
Stalin's socialism in one country stressed moderation and development of positive relations between the Soviet Union and other ... Marxism-Leninism supports the creation of a one-party state led by a communist party as a means to develop socialism and then ... To develop socialism, the Soviet Union underwent rapid industrialisation with pragmatic programs of social engineering that ... To realise that leap of Marxist faith in the development of Chinese socialism, the Communist Party of China developed Maoism as ...
Renewed Communist Party of Armenia
Socialism.". On July 7 the same year, HNKK merged into the United Communist Party of Armenia. Manukyan Yura Voskanyan Hrant ...
Lord of the World
It involved all of the stupendous force of Socialism directed by a brilliant individual. It was a combination of the strongest ... How much do you know about the Freemasons? Socialism? I am going to avoid scientific developments, and confine myself to social ...
The Century Magazine
Similarly, socialism was said to punish success, a concept that was anathema to the philosophy of his magazine. Despite its ... For example, an 1886 article opposed socialism but argued that in the future there would be more need for government activism ... Even the magazine's opposition to socialism was tempered, with Benjamin Stolberg arguing that the Red Scare had been an ... Gladden, Washington (March 1886). "The Strength and Weakness of Socialism". The Century: 737-748. Miller, Charles R. (April ...
Library of Congress Classification:Class H -- Social sciences
Anarchism 519-550...........Communism/socialism in relation to special topics 626-696...........Communism: Utopian socialism, ... Agrarian socialism) 1326-1329.......Large holdings 1330-1331.......Landlord and peasant 1332-1333.5.....Land reform. Agrarian ...
Socialism. The First 100 Years. Rome: Centre for Labour and Social Studies, 1964. Victor und Friedrich Adler; zwei Generationen ... The Significance of Israeli Socialism and the Arab-Israeli Dispute. With J.B. Kripalani. London: Lincolns-Prager, 1958. ... James C. Docherty, "Julius Braunthal," in Historical Dictionary of Socialism. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 1997; pg. 48. Emile ... He authored a three volume History of the International, detailing the institutional development of international socialism ...
Socialist Party USA
The Debs Caucus formed the Union for Democratic Socialism and on May 30, 1973, incorporated the Socialist Party of the United ... The party is officially committed to multi-tendency socialism. Along with its predecessor, Socialist Party USA has received ... The name "Socialist" was replaced by "Social Democrats" because many American associated the word "socialism" with Soviet ... The party's Statement of Principles rejects equating socialism with a "welfare state" and calls for democratic social ...
Since earlier periods of the CCP, Mao Zedong's emphasis on collective farms as the correct form of rural socialism differed ... Socialism? Like the water flowing in the river, it constantly troubles me. However, life cannot continue without a decision. ...
African socialism - Wikipedia
African socialism is a belief in sharing economic resources in a traditional African way, as distinct from classical socialism ... Socialism, Stanford University press, California, 1964. *Ngau, P. M. (1987). Tensions in Empowerment: The Experience of the " ... Klinghoffer, Arthur (1969). Soviet Perspectives on African Socialism. Fairleigh Dickinson Univ Press. ISBN 9780838669075. . ... Senghor would come to embody a new form of African socialism that rejected many of the traditional Marxist modes of thinking ...
Socialism in Australia - Wikipedia
Socialism in Australia dates back to the earliest pioneers of the area in the late 19th century. Notions of socialism in ... Burgmann, Verity (1985). In Our Time: Socialism and the rise of Labor, 1885 -1905. Allen & Unwin. ISBN 0868615293. .. .mw- ... Robinson, Geoff (2019). Being Left-Wing in Australia: Identity, Culture and Politics after Socialism. Australian Scholarly ... Lanes socialism was inspired by Edward Bellamys utopian text Looking Backward as well as his unorthodox personal belief that ...
ALCOA Socialism - LewRockwell
Project MUSE - Envisioning Socialism
Envisioning Socialism examines television and the power it exercised to define the East Germans view of socialism during the ... Envisioning Socialism: Television and the Cold War in the German Democratic Republic by Heather Gumbert (review) ... The book will be welcomed in undergraduate and graduate courses in German and media history, the history of postwar Socialism, ... Envisioning Socialism. Television and the Cold War in the German Democratic Republic ...
SOCIALISM OR DEATH | The New Yorker
Socialism versus Education
... Canada Free Press ^ , June 27, 2018 , Bruce Deitrick Price Posted on 06/10/2019 7:45:11 PM PDT by ... KEYWORDS: commoncore; dewey; education; equality; indoctrination; k12; socialism 1 posted on 06/10/2019 7:45:11 PM PDT by ... Shafarevich argues that socialism is essentially nihilistic, unconsciously motivated by a death instinct. He concludes that we ... That s what corrupted Education can do for Socialism. Ever since John Dewey and his followers took over public education in the ...
Why Socialism | Capitalism
Socialism is imperative to the reaching of true political equality for man-kind. Allow me to make my case. Capitalism is ... Why Socialism , Capitalism 2012-02-08 13:00:14 Reply Socialism is imperative to the reaching of true political equality for man ... Socialism is a great ideal, but humanity is not ready for it. We lack the unity and peace of mind to thrive under socialism. ... While clearly youre being obstinently melodramatic, this is a drawback of socialism. Under true socialism the individual ...
History of socialism in the United States
Movement Toward Socialism -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
Socialism in the Toilet | National Review
Socialism - Wikipedia
Eco-socialism is a political strain merging aspects of socialism, Marxism or libertarian socialism with green politics, ecology ... The other side of socialism is a more democratic socialism from below. The idea of socialism from above is much more frequently ... "socialism". Encyclopedia Britannica. "Socialism". Encyclopedia Britannica Online. "The origins of socialism as a political ... ISBN 1-904519-02-4. Socialism - entry at Encyclopædia Britannica Socialism at Curlie "Socialism". Internet Encyclopedia of ...
'Bad socialism' in the GOP's farm...
Morality, Anti-Morality, and Socialism
Socialism. Socialism is the endgame of anti-morality. When Abraham Maslow introduced the term "self-actualization" in 1943, he ... Socialism. Socialism is the endgame of anti-morality. When Abraham Maslow introduced the term "self-actualization" in 1943, he ... In Soviet socialism everybody had to work, but American socialism rewards people for the structural choices not to work, not to ... In Soviet socialism everybody had to work, but American socialism rewards people for the structural choices not to work, not to ...
France needs actual champagne socialism
Buy Trump Card (United States of Socialism) - Microsoft Store
Today socialism is confined to failing societies such as Cuba, North Korea, and Venezuela. Yet leading candidates and media ... The twentieth century is seen as the century in which capitalism defeated socialism. Socialist regimes collapsed around the ... A specter is haunting America-the specter of socialism. At first glance, this seems incredible. ... figures are enthusiastic about moving America toward socialism. ... Today socialism is confined to failing societies such as Cuba, ...
Bourgeois socialism - Wikipedia
Agrarian socialism, Christian socialism, guild socialism, military socialism, national syndicalism, Peronism, ... Prussian socialism and state socialism are sometimes termed right-wing socialism by various authors. Historian Ishay Landa has ... Conservative socialism was used as a rebuke by Marx for certain strains of socialism, but it has also been used by proponents ... Conservative socialism and right wing socialism are also used as a descriptor, and in some cases as a pejorative, by free- ...
ZPi | Brain Socialism!
Florida House condemns Democratic Socialism in resolution | Hosted
"Social democracy is not socialism, and democratic socialism is not socialism - if it was, there wouldnt be the modifier. It ... "Democratic socialism is a slippery slope that does lead to socialism in many nations, and people have died looking to obtain ... "Democratic Socialism is really no different from socialism itself," said the bills Republican sponsor, Rep. Tom Fabricio. ... "We have a very real problem here that needs to be addressed, and its not Democratic Socialism," Smith said. "It is important ...
Sweden and the Myth of Benevolent Socialism
Why socialism impedes our economic rebound
... By WND Staff Published June 22, 2004 at 1:00am ... Socialism functions by trying to make all people equal, regardless of risks taken or the contributions of each. ... A fairy tale helps me illustrate why socialism and capitalism do not mix. Its a story about Jack and Jenny. ... Capitalism says, "what you earn you keep." Socialism says, "those who have must give to those who do not have." ...
August Bebel. Woman and Socialism 1879
Or was Socialism destroyed in Germany by twelve years of persecution by exceptional laws? The victory of Socialism was never ... Woman and Socialism. Woman at the Present Day. Chapter XIV.. The Struggle of Women for Education.. 1. - The Revolution in ... If this theory is consistently followed out it is very hazardous, and you cannot have failed to observe that Socialism is in ... But that will only be possible under Socialism. As a rational being, capable of judgment, man must so alter his social ...
Socialism in Italy - Wikipedia
Walter, K (1907). "Socialism in Italy". The Economic Review. Saresella, Daniela (September 2015). "Christianity and Socialism ... Meanwhile, socialism and social democracy mainly focused on the northern areas and the south of Rome. But in 1963, the PSI ... Socialism in Italy is a political movement that developed during the Industrial Revolution over a course of 120 years, which ... Christianity and socialism both had huge influences in Italy, so the relationship between them was deeply connected to the ...
Capitalism Nature Socialism - Wikipedia
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Articles from Capitalism Nature Socialism". Capitalism Nature Socialism. 2013-11-17. ... Capitalism Nature Socialism is an academic journal founded by James OConnor and Barbara Laurence. It is published by Taylor ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Capitalism Nature Socialism Journal Impact Factor & Description". ResearchGate. v t e ... "Editorial board". Capitalism Nature Socialism. Retrieved April 17, 2016. ...
Ecologies of Socialisms
Indeed, little about the interaction between socialism and environmentalism, or socialism and the environment, fits into a neat ... Ecologies of Socialisms Germany, Nature, and the Left in History, Politics, and Culture. Series: * German Life and Civilization ... Ecologies of Socialisms attempts to combine the work of scholars from a wide range of disciplines (history, literature, German/ ... The Half-Life of State Socialism: What Radioactive Wild Boars Tell Us About the Environmental History of Reunified Germany ( ...
Ecologies of Socialisms
Indeed, little about the interaction between socialism and environmentalism, or socialism and the environment, fits into a neat ... Ecologies of Socialisms Germany, Nature, and the Left in History, Politics, and Culture. Series: * German Life and Civilization ... Ecologies of Socialisms invites readers on a rewarding journey that leads to a much richer understanding of the Left in recent ... Ecologies of Socialisms attempts to combine the work of scholars from a wide range of disciplines (history, literature, German/ ...
Socialism and the Intellectuals
We should have to put off the triumph of socialism not to the year 2,000 but to the end of the world if we had to wait upon the ... SOCIALISM AND THE INTELLECTUALS. Written: 1900 Source: The Right To Be Lazy and Other Studies Translated: Charles Kerr First ... Intellectuals of this description can never be led into socialism; their interests are too closely bound by with those of the ... We welcomed joyfully the entrance of Jaures into socialism; we thought that the new form which he brought to our propaganda ...
Health care and the 2020 election: America vs. socialism
Let's talk about democratic socialism - Baltimore Sun
... campaign for the presidency has re-opened an American conversation about democratic socialism, and it's about time. The ... In 1934, Upton Sinclair wrote to Norman Thomas, The American People will take Socialism, but they wont take the label. ... Senator Bernie Sanders campaign for the presidency has re-opened an American conversation about democratic socialism, and its ... It's time for a real discussion of democratic socialism in this country. ...
Are Social Security Benefits a Form of Socialism? | Investopedia
Socialism is a loaded word in the U.S., but Social Security, one of the nations most popular benefit programs, is wholly ... Are Social Security Benefits a Form of Socialism? By Amy Fontinelle , December 29, 2016 - 2:23 PM EST Share ... Socialism is a loaded word in the United States, a country where capitalism is the defining system. One way it comes up is when ... Under socialism, the government, rather than individuals and businesses, owns and controls major industries and the economy is ...
Can Some Socialism Be a Good Thing?
... a type of socialism) has proven to be a failure, but many believe that soft socialism is beneficial. Lets look at some ... Everywhere you … find [these characteristics], you will be sure to find socialism, and wherever socialism is, these ... the defenders of socialism have hit upon a new tactic: communism bad, democratic socialism good. Presidential candidate Bernie ... "democratic socialism" as they are in communism, Maoism, and more virulent, overtly despotic forms of socialism, differing only ...
DemocraticCapitalism and SocialismAmerica2016SocialistsCommunism and SocialismPure SocialismState socialismCapitalistSpecter of socialismCubaEcology19th centuryView of socialismGoal of socialismForms of socialismMovement Toward SoSpirit of socialismStrains of socialismEmbrace socialismObamaFascism2019MarxDemocratsIndividualismDemocracyRepublicansBarbarismINTELLECTUALSPejorative termMarxistsFailuresContentEcological CrisisCritiquePoliticalMiseryUtopianJames O'ConnorEconomicIdeologyCommunistShafarevichTotalitarianSubversiveAttemptsWorkIllustrateLIBERTYElectionOwnershipEmphasizeMarxismPeople'sAuthoritarianDefineAbundanceTyrannySlipperyTheorySystem
-  Notions of socialism in Australia have taken many different forms including the utopian nationalism of Edward Bellamy , the Marxism of parties such as the Communist Party of Australia , and the democratic socialist reformist electoral project of the early Australian Labor Party . (wikipedia.org)
- Envisioning Socialism examines television and the power it exercised to define the East Germans' view of socialism during the first decades of the German Democratic Republic. (jhu.edu)
- While nominally retaining socialism as a long-term goal, since the post-war period it has come to embrace a Keynesian mixed economy within a predominantly developed capitalist market economy and liberal democratic polity that expands state intervention to include income redistribution, regulation and a welfare state. (wikipedia.org)
- Economic democracy proposes a sort of market socialism, with more democratic control of companies, currencies, investments and natural resources. (wikipedia.org)
- Although distinct, right-wing socialism is also used more commonly to refer to moderate social democratic forms of socialism when contrasted with Marxism-Leninism and other more radical left-wing alternatives. (wikipedia.org)
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida House took the unusual step of denouncing democratic socialism Tuesday with the sponsor of a non-binding resolution invoking the name of the country's most prominent champion of the ideology, U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, in calling it a threat to American democracy. (ap.org)
- Democratic Socialism is really no different from socialism itself," said the bill's Republican sponsor, Rep. Tom Fabricio. (ap.org)
- Democratic socialism is a slippery slope that does lead to socialism in many nations, and people have died looking to obtain individual liberties that we enjoy here today," he said. (ap.org)
- Social democracy is not socialism, and democratic socialism is not socialism - if it was, there wouldn't be the modifier. (ap.org)
- We have a very real problem here that needs to be addressed, and it's not Democratic Socialism," Smith said. (ap.org)
- It's time for a real discussion of democratic socialism in this country. (baltimoresun.com)
- Senator Bernie Sanders ' campaign for the presidency has re-opened an American conversation about democratic socialism, and it's about time. (baltimoresun.com)
- Democratic socialism has many definitions. (opednews.com)
- For this conversation, Democratic Socialism defines an economy and society that is politically democratic, allows private enterprise to generate surpluses and uses government controls to assure profits are optimally reassigned for both business (profit reinvestment) and public needs (taxation). (opednews.com)
- Mainly, Democratic Socialism attempts to combine the positives of Capitalism and Socialism and eschew the faults of both systems. (opednews.com)
- Marx and Engels put the vision of socialism on a scientific footing by insisting that the material basis now existed for a society based on collective democratic ownership. (socialistworker.org)
- However, in a more recent speech aimed at explaining to a mass audience what "democratic socialism" means, Sanders reverted to the more U.S.-centric approach. (socialistworker.org)
- On the one hand, we should welcome Sanders' praise for "democratic socialism" and his frequent appeal to the virtues of Scandinavian social democracy. (socialistworker.org)
- Socialism is a common-sense path to a fairer, more prosperous and more democratic USA. (cpusa.org)
- There are many different forms of 'socialism' from totalitarian 'Communist regimes' To democratic socialist parties in Western Europe, who pursue a pragmatic form of redistribution - aiming for equality of opportunity rather than equality of outcome. (economicshelp.org)
- The plague bacillus of crackpot socialism has infected the Democratic Party. (thenewamerican.com)
- For instance, she does not understand that a restaurant where she toiled closed its doors because of the minimum-wage hike to $15 per hour she supports, and once said that the national parks were an example of "democratic socialism" at work, a falsehood on par with her claim that holding two jobs knocks down the unemployment rate. (thenewamerican.com)
- According to the group's website, if a system of democratic socialism was enacted, the people would own and control the means of production and distribution through democratically controlled public agencies, cooperatives, or other collective groups. (christianpost.com)
- Bernie Sanders might admit to being a "democratic socialist," but his critics like to ignore the difference between this type of socialism, common in Europe, and the kind that existed in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) or in modern Venezuela. (hnn.us)
- Democratic control is therefore also essential to the meaning of socialism. (worldsocialism.org)
- Democratic Socialism Derangement Syndrome? (commondreams.org)
- Democratic socialism offers a world to work toward that looks a hell of a lot better than the one we've been handed - and a moral roadmap for how to get there. (commondreams.org)
- At the New York Times, Bret Stephens says embracing democratic socialism is " Dem Doom . (commondreams.org)
- Whether suggesting democratic socialism is just for white men, that its policies are too radical for most Americans, that it will bankrupt the country, that it's a dangerous foreign concept, or that it will spell disaster for the Democratic Party, these critics consistently seem to miss the mark. (commondreams.org)
- Many of these organizers are people of color avidly fighting for democratic socialism - including policies like ending cash bail and abolishing ICE. (commondreams.org)
Capitalism and Socialism3
- Do you yourself share in it, either fully or even to the extent of feeling impelled to rethink your own ideas about capitalism and socialism and the relation of each to democracy? (commentarymagazine.com)
- The main difference between capitalism and socialism is the extent of government intervention in the economy. (economicshelp.org)
- My rationale for such a statement is that both capitalism and socialism have too much historical baggage. (hnn.us)
- Today in America the psychological process of personal choice is influenced by anti-moral experimentalism, the end stage of which is socialism. (americanthinker.com)
- A specter is haunting America-the specter of socialism. (microsoft.com)
- Yet leading candidates and media figures are enthusiastic about moving America toward socialism. (microsoft.com)
- I'm guessing that a lot of young people in America have not heard some of the true tales of socialism that people around my age heard as adults. (econlib.org)
- Even though capitalism gives corporate America freedom by cutting out government, society should embrace socialism because it is beneficial to the wellbeing of all its citizens. (buenastareas.com)
- In his State of the Union speech, President Trump claimed that Venezuelan "socialist policies have turned that nation from being the wealthiest in South America into a state of abject poverty and despair," and that "in the United States, we are alarmed by the new calls to adopt socialism in our country. (hnn.us)
- And how can you diss the USA's relative lack of Socialism when this site, hosted in America, affords you freedom of speech where so many other leftist regimes don't? (stormfront.org)
- Having lived through the worst financial crisis in a generation and a pitiless job market while facing mounting student debt and the looming threat of climate havoc, millennials - on the cusp of becoming the country's largest bloc of eligible voters - have grown disillusioned with capitalism and, according to a 2016 YouGov survey, now view socialism more favorably. (commondreams.org)
- The types of socialism vary based on the role of markets and planning in resource allocation, on the structure of management in organizations, and socialists disagree on whether government, particularly existing government, is the correct vehicle for change. (wikipedia.org)
- At a time when socialists are being called to explain their politics anew , it's important to remember that socialism has always been, and still remains, a humanist movement that seeks to free people from domination and exploitation - promoting individual flourishing, creativity, and even spiritual enrichment in place of stunted dreams and alienation. (jacobinmag.com)
- Newsweek's latest issue declares in big bold type: "We Are All Socialists Now" and compares the current political landscape in this country to European socialism. (infowars.com)
- Instead, socialists claimed it wasn't "real socialism," inferring that they know how it went wrong and could've prevented its fall better than the hundreds of Venezuelan politicians who said the same thing. (altoonamirror.com)
Communism and Socialism2
- This would explain the overall ideological compatibility between communism and socialism on the one hand, and fascism on the other - save for the latter's emphasis on national identity and pride as opposed to international class-based solidarity. (discoverthenetworks.org)
- This section of Discover The Networks examines the worldview and objectives of communism and socialism. (discoverthenetworks.org)
- Pure Socialism is an economic and political system, where the government owns much of production and controls most prices. (opednews.com)
- Instituting public health care by stealing from the competition and raising the cost of private health insurance is pure socialism at its finest! (mcall.com)
- However, according to him, the reason for failure is not that socialism is deficient, but that the socialist economies are not practicing "pure" socialism. (fee.org)
- That would be pure socialism, retort Republicans, who would rather repeal the Affordable Care Act as they attempted in 2017, even if this leads to 20 million Americans losing coverage. (thehealthcareblog.com)
- Johann Karl Rodbertus, a monarchist conservative landowner and lawyer who briefly served as minister of education in Prussia in 1848, promoted a form of state socialism led by an enlightened monarchy supporting state regulation of the economy. (wikipedia.org)
- Agrarian socialism, Christian socialism, guild socialism, military socialism, national syndicalism, Peronism, Prussian socialism and state socialism are sometimes termed right-wing socialism by various authors. (wikipedia.org)
- Ghodsee said that liberal feminists in the West "grudgingly acknowledged" all this but were critical of state socialism because it represented emancipation from above and the achievements did not emerge from independent women's movements. (stabroeknews.com)
- By the late 19th century, after the work of Karl Marx and his collaborator Friedrich Engels, socialism had come to signify opposition to capitalism and advocacy for a post-capitalist system based on some form of social ownership of the means of production. (wikipedia.org)
- Historian Ishay Landa has described the nature of right-wing socialism as decidedly capitalist. (wikipedia.org)
- Although they occur in the capitalist system, Socialism also allows a more sinecure and corrupt system, where close associates are favored. (opednews.com)
- I would indeed venture the guess that it is only relatively recently in the history of the great debate between socialism and capitalism that an allegation of a peculiar association between capitalism and democracy has become a staple of the pro-capitalist argument. (commentarymagazine.com)
- Marx held that, in general, the resistance of capitalist interests to the coming of socialism would be itself subversive of democracy, and the transition would require the "dictatorship of the proletariat"-a notoriously ambiguous concept. (commentarymagazine.com)
- This short, accessible book sets out to trace the origins of the Communist movement, the contributions of Karl Marx and Frederick Engels and the ideas they developed, the impact of the 1917 Russian Revolution, why Stalinism arose and how, the reasons for Stalinism's collapse, and, finally, why socialism is still the necessary alternative to a world wracked by capitalist crisis, war and oppression. (socialistworker.org)
- In short, there may be not one but two paths to socialism in late capitalist society. (libcom.org)
- The results of these and most other modern efforts to discuss the problem of capitalism, nature, and socialism wither on the vine because they fail to focus on the nature of specifically capitalist scarcity, that is, the process whereby capital is its own barrier or limit because of its self-destructive forms of proletarianization of human nature and appropriation of labor and capitalization of external nature. (libcom.org)
- Cerny , 1985) Under socialism the factories and industries would be used to benefit all of us, not restricted to the creation of profits for the enrichment of a small group of capitalist owners. (buenastareas.com)
- Chris Williams is a longtime environmental activist and author of Ecology and Socialism: Solutions to Capitalist Ecological Crisis (Haymarket Books, 2010). (internationalviewpoint.org)
Specter of socialism1
- Though the resolution has little legal significance, Democrats disavowed the bill as political theater in a state where the specter of socialism and communism has become a potent political talking point, particularly among Florida's sizable Hispanic electorate with relatives who have fled political turmoil of Cuba, Venezuela and other Latin American countries. (ap.org)
- Today socialism is confined to failing societies such as Cuba, North Korea, and Venezuela. (microsoft.com)
- In a radio debate several months ago with a Marxist professor from the University of Minnesota, I pointed out the obvious failures of socialism around the world in Cuba, Eastern Europe, and China. (fee.org)
- Socialismo o muerte, they say in Cuba: Socialism or death! (workers.org)
- In a way, the discourses, positions, and policies that structure the interactions between environmentalism, nature, and socialism in German history and culture can be said to constitute a kind of ecology - a complex and interdependent web of relations, which can appear as antagonisms, but which can also contain deeper, less immediately visible, interdependencies. (peterlang.com)
- The relationship between socialism and environmental thought is explored via multiple pathways, all of them questioning our firm beliefs in the incompatibility of ecology and socialism - a welcome addition to recent debates in the environmental humanities. (peterlang.com)
- Now, with The Return of Nature: Socialism and Ecology , Foster continues this narrative. (monthlyreview.org)
- What does ecology have to do with a critique of capitalism and a movement for socialism? (monthlyreview.org)
- For more than twenty years, John Bellamy Foster has engaged in serious thought and massive research, delving into the relation of ecology and socialism, while charting the odyssey of the network of left activist-intellectuals who forged a philosophical-scientific-political vision of our ecosystem and the forces threatening its survival. (monthlyreview.org)
- Synopsis of Chris Williams, Ecology and Socialism (Chicago: Haymarket Books, 2010). (scribd.com)
- He is the author of Ecology and Socialism . (alternativeradio.org)
View of socialism2
- A majority of Democrats indicated they have a positive view of "socialism," a recent Gallup poll found. (christianpost.com)
- A late November poll found that 53 percent of Democrats - or those who lean that way - have a favorable view of socialism compared to just 23 percent of Republicans. (christianpost.com)
Goal of socialism2
Forms of socialism2
Movement Toward So1
- Movement Toward Socialism (MAS) , Spanish Movimiento al Socialismo , leftist Venezuelan political party. (britannica.com)
Spirit of socialism2
- citation needed] Compared to other European countries, Italian socialism spread in the right conditions for a struggling and an impoverished Italian people to willingly engage with, understand, and accept the core spirit of socialism. (wikipedia.org)
- Treating people as playthings, even in the service of an ultimately liberatory goal, was anathema to the spirit of socialism. (jacobinmag.com)
Strains of socialism2
- Conservative socialism was used as a rebuke by Marx for certain strains of socialism, but it has also been used by proponents of such a system. (wikipedia.org)
- His definition of socialism, given when it was in its infancy, is as accurate today as it was in 1848, with the hindsight of more than 150 years of historical experimentation with various strains of socialism. (thenewamerican.com)
- In a column in Tuesday's Canada Free Press, conservative activist Robert Rohlfing makes the argument that Democrats should fully embrace socialism and rename their party to better reflect support of programs rooted in socialism, most notably the Affordable Healthcare Act, or commonly known as Obamacare. (christianpost.com)
- Look, Republicans do themselves no favors by trying to redefine what socialism is and suggesting before Obama has taken office that he'll be a liberal boogeyman who'll take away our freedoms. (blorge.com)
- In early 2019, Donald Trump warned against socialism: it "promises unity, but it delivers hatred and it delivers division. (hnn.us)
- But in February and March 2019, numerous candidates such as Beto O'Rourke, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and John Hickenlooper scrambled to answer whether they favored capitalism or socialism. (hnn.us)
- Bourgeois socialism or conservative socialism was a term used by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels in various pieces, including in The Communist Manifesto. (wikipedia.org)
- In expressing its views on the subject, Marx explicitly referenced Pierre-Joseph Proudhon's The Philosophy of Misery, stating the following about bourgeois socialism: The Socialistic bourgeois want all the advantages of modern social conditions without the struggles and dangers necessarily resulting therefrom. (wikipedia.org)
- In The Communist Manifesto, Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels criticized the Philosophy of Poverty by the anarchist writer and theorist Pierre-Joseph Proudhon as representing conservative or bourgeois socialism. (wikipedia.org)
- Too often, critics have confused the ethical and humanist side of socialism as a variant of the "utopian" socialism that Marx railed against . (jacobinmag.com)
- Several times in Capital volume 3, Marx notoriously cites joint-stock companies (i.e. what we now call the corporate form) as an emerging instrument of socialism. (splicetoday.com)
- Republican office seekers have sought to gain the edge at the ballot box by tying Democrats to socialism, particularly among Cuban Americans and other Latino voters in South Florida. (ap.org)
- With respect to claim that Swedish socialism shows the 'success' of socialism, as O'Rourke notes, free trade reigned in Sweden from roughly 1846 until the Social Democrats were elected in 1932. (lewrockwell.com)
- CollegeMediaNetwork Following President Trump's White House release of a highly politicized report criticizing socialism and the economic policies used in Scandinavia, the conservative Danish Prime Minister and the progressive Social Democrats hit back at 'The Opportunity Costs of Socialism" report by the Council of Economic Advisers. (videosift.com)
- For Republicans, welfare and socialism are about Democrats attempting to gain control of the political system, when in fact welfare is a cover for a larger and far more pernicious banker scam designed to impose debt on the nation as a whole. (infowars.com)
- And even though a majority of Democrats may see socialism in a favorable light, the national secretary of the Socialist Party USA takes issues with both parties. (christianpost.com)
- Monarchists had begun to use socialism as an antithesis of "bourgeois laissez-faire", indicating reliance on a social conscience as opposed to pure individualism. (wikipedia.org)
- Right-wing socialism is used as a pejorative term by some free-market conservative and right-libertarian movements and politicians to describe paternalistic conservatism as they see it supporting paternalism and social solidarity as opposed to commercialism, individualism and laissez-faire economics. (wikipedia.org)
- A fascinating, weird essay in which the great aesthete sought to achieve individualism through socialism. (townhall.com)
- By the 1920s, communism and social democracy had become the two dominant political tendencies within the international socialist movement, with socialism itself becoming the most influential secular movement of the 20th century. (wikipedia.org)
- In the 1880s, Rodbertus' conservative socialism was promoted as a non-revolutionary alternative to social democracy and a means to justify the acceptance of Bismarck's social policies. (wikipedia.org)
- Some thirty-five years ago, Joseph Schumpeter wrote a well-known book with the title, Capitalism, Socialism, and Democracy . (commentarymagazine.com)
- Yet he went out of his way to emphasize that political democracy was thoroughly compatible with socialism in its fullest sense. (commentarymagazine.com)
- The relation between socialism, once achieved, and democracy was left rather in abeyance. (commentarymagazine.com)
- If the Soviet experience were in fact representative of socialism, there could be no dispute that democracy is incompatible with socialism. (commentarymagazine.com)
- One could at least raise the alternative possibility: that the categories of socialism and capitalism are irrelevant to democracy, that historical and cultural factors are the key determinants, and in particular that the detailed evolution of Russian political, social, and economic history has more explanatory power than the economic system which has emerged only recently in historical terms. (commentarymagazine.com)
- Alexis de Tocqueville captured the essential difference between the two conflicting systems when he wrote: "Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. (jewishworldreview.com)
- If there s no democracy, if the people aren t making the economic and political decisions, then I don t see how you could call that socialism. (internationalviewpoint.org)
- Now we seem primed to outdo even ourselves, creating a new kind of socialism that, in the end, more resembles feudalism than social democracy. (joelkotkin.com)
- It has nothing to do with welfare or socialism as far too many Republicans claim. (infowars.com)
- The Massacre in Baga, Nigeria - Socialism or Barbarism? (socialistalternative.org)
- The group of collectivist students which has organized this conference, has been led to choose this subject, because French socialism has just passed through a crisis which is not exactly one of growth, though such it has been called, but which has been caused by the arrival of a certain number of bourgeois intellectuals within the ranks of the party. (libcom.org)
- Not a single comment on this matter could be heard from any of the numerous socialist parties, either opposition or government, from around the globe, who correctly surmised that this had nothing to do with their political discipline, because in the US "socialism" is commonly used as a pejorative term, with willful ignorance and breathtaking inaccuracy, to foolishly dismiss any number of alternative notions of how society might be organized. (blogspot.com)
- Marxists like to compare a theoretically perfect version of socialism with practical, imperfect capitalism which allows them to claim that socialism is superior to capitalism. (fee.org)
- Can Socialism's failures be ameliorated, can Capitalism contue to revive and survive, and can Socialism replace Capitalism? (opednews.com)
- Considered, from historical attempts, to be a liability, Socialism has two primary built-in failures ─ inability to properly allocate resources and to motivate workers. (opednews.com)
- At minimum, this means conceiving of a finance socialism not content to end windfalls to the few, but to go further and redirect value into the hands of the many. (splicetoday.com)
- Nonetheless, his attacks present an opportunity to correct his errors and advance the discussion of complex issues related to capitalism, socialism, value theory, and the ecological crisis that are of paramount importance to the future of this planet. (dissidentvoice.org)
- More than a critique of socialism, the movie will also make a moral defense of capitalism and show how capitalism, not socialism, is the best way to have prosperity and social justice. (microsoft.com)
- Socialism is imperative to the reaching of true political equality for man-kind. (newgrounds.com)
- Socialism is a political, social, and economic philosophy encompassing a range of economic and social systems characterised by social ownership of the means of production. (wikipedia.org)
- Socialism in Italy is a political movement that developed during the Industrial Revolution over a course of 120 years, which came to a head during the Revolutions of 1848. (wikipedia.org)
- For many today, ecological socialism is either the most urgent political dream or the gravest political threat. (peterlang.com)
- Then as now, socialism may be correctly defined as any political and economic system that involves 1) a strong emphasis on the material and materialistic (as opposed to spiritual or religious) aspects of human nature, 2) dogmatic attacks on private property, and 3) a contempt for personal liberty, individuality, and reason. (thenewamerican.com)
- Socialism is a political doctrine whose objective, by collective ways of action, is to reduce as much as possible the inequalities, in rights and in goods, between all the members of the society. (sinfest.net)
- It is not the sort of socialism one reads about in political science books - a broad set of economic theories of social organization advocating public or state ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods, and a society characterized by equal opportunities for all individuals, with a fair or egalitarian method of compensation. (infowars.com)
- As well documented by Guillermo M. Yeatts in Subsurface Wealth: The Struggle for Privatization in Argentina (FEE: 1997), the tragedy of South American countries has been to put a political elite ahead of decentralized private wealth creation via resource socialism. (masterresource.org)
- As Mike Davis makes clear in his introduction to this edition, "the dramatic collision between Wilson and Debs…was one of the great moral-political confrontations in modern American history, pitting self-righteous Progressivism against defiant Socialism. (isreview.org)
- Another great achievement of Scandinavian Socialism: rampant political correctness. (stormfront.org)
- Lane's socialism was inspired by Edward Bellamy's utopian text Looking Backward as well as his unorthodox personal belief that it was race rather than class warfare which prevented a socialist society from forming. (wikipedia.org)
- Capitalism Nature Socialism is an academic journal founded by James O'Connor and Barbara Laurence. (wikipedia.org)
- Non-market socialism substitutes factor markets and money with integrated economic planning and engineering or technical criteria based on calculation performed in-kind, thereby producing a different economic mechanism that functions according to different economic laws and dynamics than those of capitalism. (wikipedia.org)
- Monarchic socialism promoted social paternalism portraying the monarch as having a fatherly duty to protect his people from the effects of free economic forces. (wikipedia.org)
- Is it advisable for one who is not an expert on economic and social issues to express views on the subject of socialism? (sinfest.net)
- Since the real purpose of socialism is precisely to overcome and advance beyond the predatory phase of human development, economic science in its present state can throw little light on the socialist society of the future. (sinfest.net)
- But instead, in light of Marx's insistence on the dialectical flowering of new stages in economic history, it's about considering how the corporation might be a component of contemporary socialism. (splicetoday.com)
- This movie will expose the ideology and tactics of the new socialism. (microsoft.com)
- Socialism is an ideology from the XIX century that says that the community should own everything. (buenastareas.com)
- Socialism is a sad and discredited ideology rooted in the total ignorance of history and human nature. (hnn.us)
- The socialism of the communist," said he," may be treated very shortly. (libertyfund.org)
- Shafarevich argues that socialism is essentially nihilistic, unconsciously motivated by a death instinct. (freerepublic.com)
- Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn comments in his Foreword: [Shafarevich] provides us with a rare opportunity of receiving a systematic analysis of the theory and practice of socialism from the pen of an outstanding mathematical thinker versed in the rigorous methodology of his science. (freerepublic.com)
- I think this Russian guy, Shafarevich, has a very good understanding of Socialism. (stormfront.org)
- So too with the idea that there may be something intrinsic to socialism which exposes it ineluctably to the "totalitarian temptation. (commentarymagazine.com)
- Tocqueville, like his contemporary (and fellow French legislator) Frédéric Bastiat, was a staunch opponent of the subversive dogma of socialism, which only recently had begun taking root in Europe, and had been the inspiration for the wave of revolutions that had swept the continent earlier in the year. (thenewamerican.com)
- Ecologies of Socialisms attempts to combine the work of scholars from a wide range of disciplines (history, literature, German/Austrian studies, philosophy, geography) in order to contribute to a better and more nuanced understanding of how «green» and «red» have clashed and also merged in German history and culture. (peterlang.com)
- Socialism is sometimes associated with Keynesian demand-management - attempts to stimulate the economy in times of slump. (economicshelp.org)
- To some observers, these attempts looked like an emergency nationalization of the finance sector was underway, prompting them to cry "Socialism! (blogspot.com)
- If centralized planners, especially in the technological age of data mining and artificial intelligence, responsibly control the processes, allocate resources, create an agreeable work ethic, and capably enter into the international trading system, Socialism might succeed. (opednews.com)
- Socialism does not work because it is not consistent with fundamental principles of human behavior. (fee.org)
- it is just the imperfect socialism that doesn't work. (fee.org)
- The lack of incentives is a crucial reason to why socialism doesn't work in societies. (conservapedia.com)
- To work effectively, socialism needs the active and informed participation of the American people. (cpusa.org)
- In socialism, everybody would have free access to the goods and services designed to directly meet their needs and there need be no system of payment for the work that each individual contributes to producing them. (worldsocialism.org)
- Speaking of work, building socialism certainly takes a great deal of work, a lot of which tends to be unpaid, voluntary labor, and so desperation certainly helps to inspire the effort, but it cannot be the only ingredient. (blogspot.com)
- Does the crisis in Venezuela show that socialism can't work? (socialistworker.co.uk)
- As a crisis grips Venezuela, right wingers are gloating because they say it shows socialism doesn't work. (socialistworker.co.uk)
- They call, in fact, for the forfeiture, to a greater or lesser degree, of human liberty, to the point where, were I to attempt to sum up what socialism is, I would say that it was simply a new system of serfdom. (thenewamerican.com)
- While no single definition encapsulates the many types of socialism, social ownership is the one common element. (wikipedia.org)
- This is because Socialism takes the ownership, responsibility, and benefits of resources and the means of productions out of the hands of the elite few and puts them under the collective hands of the people. (buenastareas.com)
- Socialism ensures that the responsibility and ownership of various industries is placed on the local people and not the selected few. (buenastareas.com)
- In some models of socialism, ownership would not be by the government but worker co-operatives. (economicshelp.org)
- Central to the meaning of socialism is common ownership . (worldsocialism.org)
- By failing to emphasize incentives, socialism is a theory inconsistent with human nature and is therefore doomed to fail. (fee.org)
-  Senghor claimed that "Africa's social background of tribal community life not only makes socialism natural to Africa but excludes the validity of the theory of class struggle," thus making African socialism, in all of its variations, different from Marxism and European socialist theory. (wikipedia.org)
- The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money. (jewishworldreview.com)
- On the contrary, the need for dictatorial and authoritarian politics in the achievement of socialism has rather been a Marxist position. (commentarymagazine.com)
- It will explain the temptation of socialism-an age of abundance in which we all get something for nothing-and show why the socialist society is a mirage. (microsoft.com)
- Socialism produces deprivation, conformity, and tyranny. (microsoft.com)
- Truth be told, socialism is the darkest, most slippery path that a nation can take. (altoonamirror.com)
- Socialism is based on the theory that incentives don't matter! (fee.org)
- Marx's Theory of Value and Ecological Socialism: Points Missed or Points Rejected? (dissidentvoice.org)
- In " Marx's Labor Theory of Value: Bad Science and Bad for Ecological Socialism ," 1 I argued that Marx's theory is unscientific and incompatible with the task of building ecological socialism. (dissidentvoice.org)
- 4) Ecological socialism must reject Marx's conception of socialism and the theory of value on which it is based. (dissidentvoice.org)