Frostbite: Damage to tissues as the result of low environmental temperatures.Sunburn: An injury to the skin causing erythema, tenderness, and sometimes blistering and resulting from excessive exposure to the sun. The reaction is produced by the ultraviolet radiation in sunlight.Love: Affection; in psychiatry commonly refers to pleasure, particularly as it applies to gratifying experiences between individuals.Craniocerebral Trauma: Traumatic injuries involving the cranium and intracranial structures (i.e., BRAIN; CRANIAL NERVES; MENINGES; and other structures). Injuries may be classified by whether or not the skull is penetrated (i.e., penetrating vs. nonpenetrating) or whether there is an associated hemorrhage.Head Injuries, Closed: Traumatic injuries to the cranium where the integrity of the skull is not compromised and no bone fragments or other objects penetrate the skull and dura mater. This frequently results in mechanical injury being transmitted to intracranial structures which may produce traumatic brain injuries, hemorrhage, or cranial nerve injury. (From Rowland, Merritt's Textbook of Neurology, 9th ed, p417)Knee Joint: A synovial hinge connection formed between the bones of the FEMUR; TIBIA; and PATELLA.Chlorofluorocarbons, Methane: A group of methane-based halogenated hydrocarbons containing one or more fluorine and chlorine atoms.Weather: The state of the ATMOSPHERE over minutes to months.Wind: The motion of air relative to the earth's surface.Rain: Water particles that fall from the ATMOSPHERE.Seasons: Divisions of the year according to some regularly recurrent phenomena usually astronomical or climatic. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Travel: Aspects of health and disease related to travel.Climate: The longterm manifestations of WEATHER. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Meteorological Concepts: The atmospheric properties, characteristics and other atmospheric phenomena especially pertaining to WEATHER or CLIMATE.Journal Impact Factor: A quantitative measure of the frequency on average with which articles in a journal have been cited in a given period of time.China: A country spanning from central Asia to the Pacific Ocean.West Nile virus: A species of FLAVIVIRUS, one of the Japanese encephalitis virus group (ENCEPHALITIS VIRUSES, JAPANESE). It can infect birds and mammals. In humans, it is seen most frequently in Africa, Asia, and Europe presenting as a silent infection or undifferentiated fever (WEST NILE FEVER). The virus appeared in North America for the first time in 1999. It is transmitted mainly by CULEX spp mosquitoes which feed primarily on birds, but it can also be carried by the Asian Tiger mosquito, AEDES albopictus, which feeds mainly on mammals.West Nile Fever: A mosquito-borne viral illness caused by the WEST NILE VIRUS, a FLAVIVIRUS and endemic to regions of Africa, Asia, and Europe. Common clinical features include HEADACHE; FEVER; maculopapular rash; gastrointestinal symptoms; and lymphadenopathy. MENINGITIS; ENCEPHALITIS; and MYELITIS may also occur. The disease may occasionally be fatal or leave survivors with residual neurologic deficits. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1996, Ch26, p13; Lancet 1998 Sep 5;352(9130):767-71)Temperature: The property of objects that determines the direction of heat flow when they are placed in direct thermal contact. The temperature is the energy of microscopic motions (vibrational and translational) of the particles of atoms.Head: The upper part of the human body, or the front or upper part of the body of an animal, typically separated from the rest of the body by a neck, and containing the brain, mouth, and sense organs.Body Temperature: The measure of the level of heat of a human or animal.ConnecticutSteatitis: A disease of cats and mink characterized by a marked inflammation of adipose tissue and the deposition of "ceroid" pigment in the interstices of the adipose cells. It is believed to be caused by feeding diets containing too much unsaturated fatty acid and too little vitamin E. (Merck Veterinary Manual, 5th ed; Stedman, 25th ed)Dog Diseases: Diseases of the domestic dog (Canis familiaris). This term does not include diseases of wild dogs, WOLVES; FOXES; and other Canidae for which the heading CARNIVORA is used.Drug Users: People who take drugs for a non-therapeutic or non-medical effect. The drugs may be legal or illegal, but their use often results in adverse medical, legal, or social consequences for the users.Dogs: The domestic dog, Canis familiaris, comprising about 400 breeds, of the carnivore family CANIDAE. They are worldwide in distribution and live in association with people. (Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th ed, p1065)Crime: A violation of the criminal law, i.e., a breach of the conduct code specifically sanctioned by the state, which through its administrative agencies prosecutes offenders and imposes and administers punishments. The concept includes unacceptable actions whether prosecuted or going unpunished.Criminals: Persons who have committed a crime or have been convicted of a crime.Skiing: A snow sport which uses skis to glide over the snow. It does not include water-skiing.Health ResortsBooksFlight, Animal: The use of wings or wing-like appendages to remain aloft and move through the air.Holidays: Days commemorating events. Holidays also include vacation periods.Sorbus: A plant genus of the family ROSACEAE.Running: An activity in which the body is propelled by moving the legs rapidly. Running is performed at a moderate to rapid pace and should be differentiated from JOGGING, which is performed at a much slower pace.Insectivora: An order of insect eating MAMMALS including MOLES; SHREWS; HEDGEHOGS and tenrecs.Ascaridida Infections: Infections with nematodes of the order ASCARIDIDA.Altitude: A vertical distance measured from a known level on the surface of a planet or other celestial body.Genetic Variation: Genotypic differences observed among individuals in a population.Phylogeography: A field of study concerned with the principles and processes governing the geographic distributions of genealogical lineages, especially those within and among closely related species. (Avise, J.C., Phylogeography: The History and Formation of Species. Harvard University Press, 2000)Wine: Fermented juice of fresh grapes or of other fruit or plant products used as a beverage.Gift Giving: The bestowing of tangible or intangible benefits, voluntarily and usually without expectation of anything in return. However, gift giving may be motivated by feelings of ALTRUISM or gratitude, by a sense of obligation, or by the hope of receiving something in return.Gambling: An activity distinguished primarily by an element of risk in trying to obtain a desired goal, e.g., playing a game of chance for money.Tennis Elbow: A condition characterized by pain in or near the lateral humeral epicondyle or in the forearm extensor muscle mass as a result of unusual strain. It occurs in tennis players as well as housewives, artisans, and violinists.Social Security: Government sponsored social insurance programs.Insurance, Disability: Insurance designed to compensate persons who lose wages because of illness or injury; insurance providing periodic payments that partially replace lost wages, salary, or other income when the insured is unable to work because of illness, injury, or disease. Individual and group disability insurance are two types of such coverage. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988, p207)Postal Service: The functions and activities carried out by the U.S. Postal Service, foreign postal services, and private postal services such as Federal Express.Vatican CityLakes: Inland bodies of still or slowly moving FRESH WATER or salt water, larger than a pond, and supplied by RIVERS and streams.Asia, Southeastern: The geographical area of Asia comprising BORNEO; BRUNEI; CAMBODIA; INDONESIA; LAOS; MALAYSIA; the MEKONG VALLEY; MYANMAR (formerly Burma), the PHILIPPINES; SINGAPORE; THAILAND; and VIETNAM.Water: A clear, odorless, tasteless liquid that is essential for most animal and plant life and is an excellent solvent for many substances. The chemical formula is hydrogen oxide (H2O). (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Awards and PrizesRecreation: Activity engaged in for pleasure.Asia, Western: The geographical designation for the countries of the MIDDLE EAST and the countries BANGLADESH; BHUTAN; INDIA; NEPAL; PAKISTAN; and SRI LANKA. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, 1993 & Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988)
Traditional ski show acts include pyramids, ski doubles, freestyle jumping, and swivel skiing. Show skiing is normally ... These include speed skiing, trick skiing, show skiing, slaloming, jumping, barefoot skiing and wakeski. Similar, related sports ... "USA Water Ski. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013.. *^ a b Rock Aqua Jays Water Ski Club, Inc., 2014 WORLD SHOW SKI ... are longer than skis used in regular straight-line recreational skiing or competitive slalom and trick skiing. A trick ski is ...
... the best places for skiing are in the mountainous areas in the south, centre and east of the country where most French ski ... Jean-Claude Killy dominated alpine skiing in the late 1960s, winning all three alpine skiing golds on offer at the 1968 Winter ... Skiing. Skiing is a popular sport in France, ... He also won the first two overall Alpine Skiing World Cup ... However Vincent Vittoz did win a gold medal in the 15 km + 15 km double pursuit at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in ...
... skiing originated in Winter Haven, Florida, in 1947, when slalom skier A.G. Hancock tried to step off his ski. ... Sky Horse Publishing. p. 34. ISBN 978-1-60239-344-8.. *^ "Unearthing the First Spartan Boys where not allowed to wear shoes to ... became well known in the sport of barefoot skiing. The first barefoot skiing competition was held three years later, at ... Scarpa, R; Dorner, T. (1988). Barefoot water skiing: an illustrated guide to learning and mastering the sport. World ...
An important part of the history of skiing, the races was a forerunner of the downhill ski race. The Kandahar Ski Club, ... Kandahar ski race. Roberts became vice-president of the Public Schools Alpine Sports Club during 1903. Eight years ... The name Kandahar is still used for the premier races of the FIS Alpine Ski World Cup circuit. ... "History of Alpine Skiing". Wamonline.com. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2011.. ...
Nordic Skiing[change , change source]. *February 22 - March 6 - FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2011 in Oslo ... Alpine skiing[change , change source]. *October 23, 2010 - March 20, 2011 -2011 Alpine Skiing World Cup *Men Overall Title: ... March 29 - April 11 - 2011 IPC Biathlon and Cross-Country Skiing World Championships in Khanty-Mansiysk ... February 7 - February 20 - FIS Alpine World Ski Championships 2011 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen ...
... there is a floodlit cross country ski track. A ski jump is also situated on the island, close to the university. As of the ... and sunglasses are essential when skiing. Because of these diametrically different light conditions in winter, Norwegians often ...
The USOA both operates and participates in the following awards and recognition schemes. It honours its own athletes with the Man & Woman Athlete of the Year being awarded for each sport and with all sports national champions being inducted in the All American Dive Team. There are also two underwater hockey sportsmanship awards - the Dan Wilkins Memorial Award for the National Championships and the Carl Judd Memorial Award for the Pacific Coast Championships. The USOA was the original supporter of the NOGI Award which is presumably named after the New Orleans Grand Isle Fishing Tournament which included an underwater section and was created during the 1950s to recognise leaders in all forms of underwater diving. The NOGI awards scheme is now the responsibility of the Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences. In the tradition of the NOGI award, the USOA also recognizes divers within the United States at the regional level with The Regional Divers of the Year Award in the categories of art, ...
The development of snowboarding was inspired by skateboarding, sledding, surfing and skiing. It was developed in the United ... In winter, many Americans head to mountainous areas for skiing and snowboarding. ...
... (USAS) is the national federation for aquatic sports which represents the United States in FINA (Fédération Internationale de Natation). Since by U.S. law and FINA regulations, the United States must have only one national federation for itself to FINA, United States Aquatic Sports has served as the unifying body for the sports since 1980. Five separate national governing bodies (NGBs) make up USAS: USA Swimming, USA Diving, United States Synchronized Swimming, USA Water Polo, and United States Masters Swimming. Of the five, only United States Masters Swimming (USMS) is not a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USMS's main aim is adult swimming, exclusive of Olympic-swimming which is the domain of USA Swimming). United States Aquatic Sports plays a very minor role in representation, and while USAS is the titular member federation, the NGBs play de facto roles in making decisions about participation in international competition and hosting. Ostensibly, ...
On January 20, 1917, representatives of some fifty horse shows met in Manhattan under the leadership of Reginald C. Vanderbilt. Their intention was to unite in order to assure clean competition in the show ring. They formed the Association of American Horse Shows, which by its first annual meeting on January 29, 1918, included the organizers of 26 well-known horse shows. The association incorporated in June 1918. Membership grew to list 35 member shows in 1919, and 67 shows by 1924. By the time of Vanderbilt's death in 1925, the organization had enrolled almost 70 shows as members of the organization. Alfred B. Maclay was the next individual elected president. Early in his term, in 1927, the association printed its first set of rules, consisting of a six-page pamphlet. The rules were revised continually and have been added to throughout the history of the association. When Maclay's term ended in 1936, membership included 183 shows. Maclay was followed by Pierre Lorillard as president. He served ...
The United States Fencing Association (USFA) is the national governing body for the sport of fencing in the United States. The USFA was founded in 1891 as the Amateur Fencers League of America (AFLA) by a group of New York fencers seeking independence from the Amateur Athletic Union. The AFLA changed its name to the United States Fencing Association in 1981. The USFA was incorporated as a non-profit corporation in Pennsylvania in 1964 and in Colorado in 1993 in compliance with the Amateur Sports Act. It opened its national office at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado in August 1982. The national office moved from the Olympic Training Center to downtown Colorado Springs in 2002. The USFA's first full-time Executive Director was hired in 1983. The USFA is affiliated with the Fédération Internationale d'Escrime (FIE), the international federation for fencing founded in Paris in 1913. ...
USA Water Ski Summer (not an Olympic sport) no Polk City, Florida ... While the USOC governs four Paralympic sports (cycling, skiing, swimming and track & field), five other Paralympic sports are ...
Official website Story Behind Salomon Skis Skiing History - Georges P.J. Salomon Justia - Salomon patents Companies portal. ... Bindings were the primary focus until 1979, when the rear-entry SX90 ski boot was introduced; skis came a decade later. Taylor ... The SX91 ski boot was launched in 1984, the result of collaboration with the young French designer Roger Pitiot. The boot ... They used to manufacture inline skates, transferring technologies from their ski boot range, but have not released any in ...
... gold medalists List of Olympic medalists in alpine skiing List of Alpine Skiing world champions Italy national alpine ski at ... Colò became a ski instructor in his native Abetone, helped develop the Pistoia ski resort, and promoted the Abetone Ski Company ... He set a speed record on skis in 1947, clocked at 98.7 mph (158.8 km/h) on the Italian side of the Little Matterhorn. which ... After the 1952 Olympics, Colò linked his name to a line of ski clothing and, according to the regulations of the time, he was ...
In 1977 the company became as an official ski equipment supplier to the United States Ski Team and in 1980 the company's took ... Skiing. Bonnier Corporation. October 1985. p. 48. ISSN 0037-6264. Nagata, Kazuaki (October 9, 2014). "Toshiba Glass sets sights ... The sports eyewear brand Swans includes sunglasses, ski and snowboard goggles, swimming goggles, as well as helmets. The ...
Skiing. October 1970. p. 200. ISSN 0037-6264. Skiing. December 1989. p. 103. ISSN 0037-6264. Kelley (1986): p. 168 Wilson, Earl ... held at nearby Squaw Valley Ski Resort. It has remained popular with skiers over the decades since. Frank Sinatra first visited ... The Indian room underwent renovation in the late 1980s, when it was described by Skiing magazine as being "a spacious area with ...
2. Bringing the other ski parallel to the wedged ski. 3. Completing the turn with both skis parallel as they carve an arcing ... The stem christie or "wedge christie" is a technique used in skiing for turning. The turn comprises three steps: 1. Forming a ... Austrian ski guide Hannes Schneider developed the stem christie. Having perfected it by 1910 he promoted it as the mainstay of ... Skis with increasingly "parabolic sidecut" accelerated the obsolescence of the stem Christie, starting in the late 1990s, ...
"Skiing". Pittsburgh Press. January 12, 1992. p. D2. Olympic results Atle Skårdal at the International Ski Federation FIS-ski. ... Atle Skårdal (born 17 February 1966, in Lunde, Telemark, Norway) is a former World Cup alpine ski racer in the speed events of ... He is married to former alpine ski racer Karin Köllerer of Austria; they have three children (2010). World Champion in Super-G ... com - Atle Skaardal - World Cup season standings Ski-db.com - results - Atle Skaardal "Atle Skårdal". Olympics at Sports- ...
"Mahres won't ski for combined trophy". Ellensburg Daily Record. UPI. December 24, 1981. p. 10. "1980 World Champion". Skiing. ( ... Phil skied a fine second run to grab the lead, then Nilsson skied next and faltered, dropping out of the medals. Steve skied ... Phil Mahre at the International Ski Federation Phil Mahre at the International Ski Federation - new results - 2007-09 FIS-ski. ... By the age of 12, the Mahre twins' future was so promising that ski manufacturers sent them free skis, and the next year ...
Starting in the mid-1990s, some of its buildings were used as accommodation for ski groups, including those of other faiths. In ... Skiing. Retrieved May 5, 2013. Susan Wels (1997). The story of mothers & daughters. HarperCollins. ISBN 9780002251136. ... In December 2012, two dozen American Pinemere campers joined their German counterparts in the ski village of Fürstenhof in Natz ...
... was a Freestyle Skiing Aerialist on the United States Ski Team from 1995 to 2001 and competed in Freestyle ... Skiing. p. 46. ISSN 0037-6264. Retrieved 2015-04-14. Skiing. p. 46. ISSN 0037-6264. Dexheimer, Eric. "The Turning Point". ... During that period he had six podium finishes, including one win, on the FIS Freestyle Skiing World Cup, and was the 1998 ... That same season, along with Eric Bergoust and Nicolas Fontaine, Chojnacki tied the World Record for aerial skiing by ...
Kashiwa skied for the University of Colorado and was then a member of the Army ski team for two years. From 1967-72, he was on ... Skiing. "Hank Kashiwa". Sports Reference. ... Kashiwa learned to ski on McCauley Mountain in his hometown of ... He skied as an Alternate at the 1968 Grenoble Olympics. Kashiwa skied the World Cup circuit from 1968-71, where he posted six ... the US team, where in 1969 he was the U.S. National ski racing champion. ...
... at the International Ski Federation FIS-ski.com - Ulrike Maier - World Cup season standings Ski-db.com - results ... "Skiing; World Cup defends safety despite criticism". New York Times. January 31, 1994. . International Herald Tribune 25 ... Deadly Ski Accident from Ulrike Maier on YouTube Ulrike Maier's Deadly Crash on YouTube Ulrike Maier at Find a Grave. ... In a narrow part of the lower course less than twenty seconds from the finish, Maier's right ski caught an inside edge at 105 ...
This panty tree was soon copied at nearby Vail Ski Resort and then numerous other ski areas across North America. Vail's panty ... "Ode to the Panty Tree". Skiing. January 21, 2009. "Vail's 'Panty Tree' To Be Cut Down For New Lift". ABC. 7 News Denver. April ... A panty tree (sometimes also referred to as a bra/panty or bra tree) is a tree underneath a ski lift decorated with bras, ... The first panty tree appeared under the Bell Mountain ski lift at Aspen Mountain in Colorado by at least the 1980s, perhaps as ...
Skiing. Retrieved May 5, 2013. Dave Belin (2014-01-09). "Top 4 Places to Learn to Ski and Snowboard". The Huffington Post. ... It is the largest ski resort in the Poconos. It has two terrain parks, the larger of which is now accessible only by ... In the 1950s when developers were working to expand the original solitary ski run, they negotiated with the then PA DER for ... The Birches, an Advanced Novice ski run King Tut, an Intermediate run The Hump, Expert The Asp The Rocket Marje's Delight The ...
Pennington, Bill (16 March 2003). "SKIING; Groomed for Success at Ski Academies". The New York Times. Retrieved 7 November 2011 ... Stratton Mountain School trains winter athletes with a focus on alpine skiing (including freeski and freestyle), snowboarding, ... "Biography of Ross Powers". International Ski Federation. Retrieved 7 November 2011. "SMS hires Ross Powers". Brattleboro ... and Nordic skiing. The school has produced 33 Olympic athletes who have won four medals (2 gold, 1 silver, and one bronze). ...
The Duke is also a keen skier and has bought an exclusive skiing chalet in Verbier, Switzerland, for between £8 million and £13 ... 13m ski chalet?". Daily Mail.. ...
The NPS challenged Killington and Pico ski resorts in Vermont over development of private land that crossed the AT. Counties ... Knize, P. (January 1990), "Trails and tribulations". Skiing. 42 (5):2E "Terrain By Region: New Hampshire". Appalachian Trail ... Even so, they remained opposed to any ski trails crossing the Trail in the alpine area. Saddleback responded that further ... Holmstrom, David (June 6, 1997), "Path with a view is center of Maine ski resort dispute". Christian Science Monitor. 89 (134 ...
Lawrence University Super G Tennis Players Top Advisor US Ski and Snowboard Association Vilas Scholarship ... Home Residents overview Rankings Restorative Program Rotary Club rotary international safety tips ShelterBox USA Skiing Skiing ...
"Four track skiing". When a skier uses one ski and a pair of outriggers, this is called "Three track skiing." ... Outrigger skis come in a variety of sizes depending on the height of the skier and the type of skiing they will be doing. ... They are used in both para-alpine skiing and para-Nordic skiing. The outrigger for para-skiing was first developed during ... In para-skiing, outrigger skis are an assistive device used by skiers with balance issues or amputations. ...
... discoverkullumanali.in/glorious-history-of-skiing-in-manali-journey-from-homemade-wooden-skis-to-olympic/ ... Skiing in Manali. *Though Europeans were skiing on slopes of Manali for years, it was Darjeelings Wangdi Sherpas small ... Skiing is administered by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation in India. The Himalayas provide an excellent skiing experience ... Winter Sports Club of Manali was founded by some local skiing enthusiasts in 1978 which instilled spirit of skiing in other ...
Theres a lot to love about skiing, but it can also present some very real dangers, from frostbite and sunburn to blown knees ... Skis: As a general rule, the larger a ski is, the faster it goes and the harder it is to control. Be sure to buy or rent skis ... When you get to the ski resort, if youve never skied before - or even if you have - sign up for ski lessons. Even the best ... Always ski with a friend: No matter how good a skier you are, its possible to have a bad fall and be unable to continue skiing ...
Last year Ski Liberty got only 14 inches of natural snow, says Whitney, but with 106 days of skiing "we had our longest season ... "We need natural snow for people to get thinking about skiing," says Dick Whitney, assistant manager of nearby Ski Liberty in ... But, complain ski resort operators, this fact hasnt fully registered in the minds of many of the areas skiers. ... For crowded ski resorts, he believes, the manufactured product "holds up better than natural snow." Still, he says, the ...
... spokesman for ski.com. Plus, he adds, "The terrain is fantastic." This year, the resort is offering free skiing and ... But Tignes, its neighbor in the LEspace Killy -- a ski area in Frances Tarentaise Valley named for famed alpine ski racer and ... but a new high-speed quad-lift and ski-in, ski-out lodging put it on par with its big-name neighbors. Naturally divided terrain ... Ski magazine has ranked its terrain as the most challenging on the East Coast. The resorts biggest claim to fame is its single ...
Everything you need to know about late-season skiing Premium * Gallery. 09 Apr 2019, 10:15am Gallery: The best ski apps to ... Pictures of recent snowfall and lift information from popular ski resorts in the Alps and North America. In the Austrian Tirol ... The Austrian ski resort youve never heard of - in the shadow of Germanys highest mountain ... The 10 best ski resorts for experts in search of a challenge Premium ...
Our ski weather forecasts are just one piece of travel weather available here. ... Check the ski weather daily for Visalia, CA from AccuWeather.com. ...
Not sure how the apres ski scene is there though. www.stratton.com Stowe would be my second choice. The only... ... Its better than not skiing at all, but it does not compare to the overall skiing experience out west. ... We have skied in Utah (all over), Colorado (all over) and Montana for over 20 years. We went to Stratton because thats where ... I know this is way late for a response, but for future inquiries, we have had our first experience skiing in VT (and New ...
Official profile of Olympic athlete Richard FREITAG (born 14 Aug 1991), including games, medals, results, photos, videos and news.
Official profile of Olympic athlete Hiroomi TAKIZAWA (born 13 Sep 1973), including games, medals, results, photos, videos and news.
Our ski weather forecasts are just one piece of travel weather available here. ... Check the ski weather daily for Ashland, OR from AccuWeather.com. ...
Alpine Skiing. Alpine Skiing World Cup. All FIS Competitions. X. Freestyle Skiing. Freestyle Ski World Cup. Ski Cross. *News & ...
Last year was a great year for skiing and it looks like we are headed towards a double dip. Cliff Mass has been predicting this ... Baker Ski area. Not only do they still have snow from last year, they built a new mid-mountain lodge. The Raven Lodge takes the ... Baker Ski Film Festival And More By scot_ranney on October 27, 2011 at 10:17 AM ... Ski Movie Review: "Solitaire" By ben_martens on October 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM ...
But I dream about skiing powder. ...
Sulita straps on his skis and heads out into a winter morning. The temperature is -30 degrees Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit). ... That would date them as much older than archaeological findings of skiing in Russia, cited by the International Ski Federation ... With Shans help, the Xinjiang autonomous region government has organized races using traditional skis and recognizes skiing as ... The design of skis such as the ones used by Sulita, who like many people in this region uses just one name, have barely changed ...
Brits encouraged to take up skiing as tickets for the UKs longest-running winter sport festival go on sale ... North Face womens ski weekends in Whistler. Running on Saturdays and Sundays, these two-day coaching sessions cover the ski ... 100-year-old Ski Club of Great Britain pushed to brink by French clampdown on ski hosting ... Women-only ski training in Méribel. These clinics are run in small groups of three to six women, with a focus on building ...
Ski & Snow. Download iSKI Canada - Ski & Snow and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. ... iSKI - for the joy of skiing - with iSKI Tracker. The iSKI App is the source for all information for the perfect ski day ... iSKI Canada - Ski & Snow 17+ Ski Resorts Info, Tracking GPS. intermaps AG. * *Free ... Activate your GPS tracker and record your skiing activity # Analyse your performance with the detailed ski journal (distance, ...
... offers the best warm-weather powder skiing in the world with snowmaking on 33% of the mountain. The slopes offer a ... During the summer, Ski Apache offers mountain bike rentals and gondola rides to the top of the mountain. Rent your bike, ... As the countrys southernmost ski area, Ski Apache offers the best warm-weather powder skiing in the world with snowmaking on ... During the summer, Ski Apache offers mountain bike rentals and gondola rides to the top of the mountain. Rent your bike, ...
Ski down the slopes in breathtaking Banff National Park or compare your skills to the Olympic skiers at the Olympic Park. ... Visitors can still ski down the Olympic length downhill courses. However there is more than just skiing: Tube Park offers rides ... This is the second largest ski area in Canada; the ski season here lasts up to 6 months! ... Olympic skiing in Calgary. There are many reasons to visit Calgary, but one of the main draws is its winter sports ...
You must say it with conviction: Whoa! like you mean it - Whoa! Otherwise, your skiing partners, two Siberian huskies, will ... The Scandinavian sport is a hybrid of cross-country skiing and sled-dog racing, with a human on ruler-width skis standing in ... Otherwise, your skiing partners, two Siberian huskies, will pull you all the way to the Yukon. And that is a long way from ... The equipment is pretty basic: cross-country skis, boots and poles; a harness for you and the dog(s); a 6- to 12-foot rope; and ...
See our latest flights & deals for this ski season. Includes 23kg free baggage allowance (incl. skis & snowboards). ... Grindelwald ski holiday types. Skiing for beginners in Grindelwald Skiing for beginners in Grindelwald. Most beginners will ... This picturesque Swiss ski resort offers a good range of skiing and non-skiing activities and a relaxed atmosphere. ... Heli-skiing can be organised here and with the aid of guides give further opportunities to ski crisp, unbroken powder. ...
I learned to ski when I was three. My father taught me and I hope he will teach my daughter ...more ... So even though I did not know how to ski, I wasnt going to be stuck in beginning classes with the little kids. Oh, no, not me ... The Secret to Happy Skiing By Victoria Pann Nothing is more important that being cool when youre 15 years old. ...
... yet its core thesis-that big companies have destroyed skiing and ski towns-is not proven. Only about a quarter of Americas ski ... Americas glittery ski resorts, such as Aspen, Vail, and Jackson Hole, are, Mr Clifford keeps reminding us, run for profit. Oh ... In any case, what is nominally a book about the skiing industry turns into a useful study of the cultural fault lines in the ... Mr Clifford tries to explain the social and economic forces that turfed out the soulful ski-bums and drop-outs who once gave ...
SlopesPowder2018Bottom of the skis2017SlalomResortsUphillSnowboardBootsSlopeRonald KippNorth AmericaResortJumpingApres skiSnowboardersBackwardChairliftSport'sSlopestyleAreaWorld'sRunsBackcountryMountainsGondolaTerrainGulmargSteepBeginnerSeasonState'sAmerica'sSnuglyDependMakeAreasOlympicIndiaDestinations2,000CountryJackson HoleShortEquipmentInstructorsAlpsVailMountainRussiaYearsGreatGoodCloudsLifts
- Though Europeans were skiing on slopes of Manali for years, it was Darjeeling's Wangdi Sherpa's small skiing school at Vashisht village which started giving lessons on skiing to local residents. (wikipedia.org)
- When Solang ski slopes were not developed, competitions were organized at Rohtang pass in summer months. (wikipedia.org)
- Even to a regular at our "Banana Belt" slopes, the sight of these clearly defined ski runs traversing an otherwise snow-barren landscape can be startling. (washingtonpost.com)
- The mountain at Killigton is fine (and they do have amazing snow-making potential), but at Christmas, I imagine 86,000 people that can't ski crowding the slopes. (tripadvisor.co.uk)
- Ski down the slopes in breathtaking Banff National Park or compare your skills to the Olympic skiers at the Olympic Park. (klm.com)
- With its wide well-organised ski slopes, Mount Nakiska is perfect for novice skiers and boarders. (klm.com)
- The Grindelwald slopes are the village's designated ski area, and the pistes here offer both breathtaking scenery and skiing to challenge all ability levels. (britishairways.com)
- With one of the best ski slopes in Asia, Gulmarg is the most popular skiing hotspot in the country. (incredibleindia.org)
- The ski areas range from the world's leading heli-ski region of BC (British Columbia) in the West of the country to the four small to mid-sized areas of Nova Scotia on the Atlantic coast in the East, which is the world's first ski region to make helmet wearing on the ski slopes a legal requirement for all skiers and boarders. (snow-forecast.com)
- Whether you've never stood on skis or you're looking to improve your basic skills, you can depend on Alpine Skiing to help you hit the slopes. (humankinetics.com)
- You will find additional guidance on the more challenging moguls, powder skiing, tree skiing, and racing slopes. (humankinetics.com)
- Are you ready to hit the slopes for some skiing or snowboarding? (meetup.com)
- Browse through our collection of photography from Solitude Mountain Resort to get acquainted with it before your ski trip or to relive great memories on the slopes at Solitude Mountain Resort. (onthesnow.com)
- Snow has fallen up on the slopes and down in the valleys that make New England and upstate New York such a spectacular ski region. (outdoors.org)
- It is complete with a king size bed, walk-in shower, Jacuzzi tub, walk-in closets, panoramic view of the ski slopes, and more. (homeaway.com)
- There's a good chance that the culprit causing your ski-boot-related calf pain does not rear its ugly head while you are on the slopes. (livestrong.com)
- Off the racing slopes since January 2011 and following various media articles, French ski racer Julien Lizeroux has set the record straight regarding his knee and its recovery status. (fis-ski.com)
- There is easy access to the fantastic ski slopes and the Breck Nordic Ski Center. (homeaway.com)
- Glencoe is Scotland's oldest resort, with the first ski lift installed on the craggy slopes of Meall A'Bhuiridh way back in 1956, and it has gone from strength to strength ever since. (skiclub.co.uk)
- But for those looking to ski on snow, the slopes of the Plateau are a fantastic learning area. (skiclub.co.uk)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - Skiers climb untouched powder not far from Turquoise Lake, near the Continental Divide in central Colorado. (cnn.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - Skiers make their way on a snowy morning in the backcountry, looking for fresh powder. (cnn.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - A pristine mountainside of fresh powder begs to be skied in the Colorado backcountry. (cnn.com)
- But I dream about skiing powder. (seattlepi.com)
- As the country's southernmost ski area, Ski Apache offers the best warm-weather powder skiing in the world with snowmaking on 33% of the mountain. (newmexico.org)
- Powder snow is much sought after by skiers, and Calgary's ski resorts are famous for offering plenty of it. (klm.com)
- Heli-skiing can be organised here and with the aid of guides give further opportunities to ski crisp, unbroken powder. (britishairways.com)
- Most of Canada's best known resorts internationally have come to global attention over just the past few decades as the world's skiers and boarders have spotted that Canada offers some of the biggest ski areas in North America, the continent's biggest lift-served verticals, great powder snow, friendly people and high value skiing. (snow-forecast.com)
- In BC, Kicking Horse only opened in 2000 but has built a reputation for its spectacular skiing and steep chutes, while Fernie is famed for its deep powder. (snow-forecast.com)
- The signature Back Bowls, seven powder-filled and mostly above treeline bowls, some so large they could swallow other ski areas whole, are arguably the most impressive feature of Vail. (fourseasons.com)
- Smile buddy, you're skiing Solitude powder on a bluebird day. (onthesnow.com)
- Ian Shen, 16, likes to ski powder through trees on steep terrain. (theoaklandpress.com)
- While he would definitely not turn around and head home if one of those unexpected days turned up, Harrington likes to track possible deep powder days with his skiing buddies. (theoaklandpress.com)
- Alpine skiing disciplines include combined, downhill, slalom, giant slalom, Super-G, and Para-alpine there are also combined events that include two event. (wikipedia.org)
- One run of each even like one run of Super-G and one run of Slalom skiing this is called a Super Combined. (wikipedia.org)
- Families and knots of friends sat on towels and quilts by the lake's concrete launch ramp to observe hotshots knock sprays of wake into the sky with slalom skis, and watch the hapless catch an edge then pinwheel into the waters for another frigid dip. (sfgate.com)
- The club has evolved over time and currently offers a slalom program with a slalom course, a show ski program and a learn-to-ski program. (courant.com)
- After winning last Sunday's giant slalom and finishing fourth behind winner Anne Millet of France in Monday's giant slalom at Squaw Valley, the former U.S. ski team competitor has 230 points and $10,350 in earnings. (latimes.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - Skiers seek refuge from crowded ski resorts in the relative quiet of backcountry skiing. (cnn.com)
- About 50 percent of the nation's 692 ski resorts, says Conniff, have installed at least some snowmaking equipment -- even areas of normally heavy falls such as New England and the Rocky Mountains. (washingtonpost.com)
- Pictures of recent snowfall and lift information from popular ski resorts in the Alps and North America. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The village has the liveliest après ski of all three Jungfrau resorts, though still has a relatively relaxed atmosphere. (britishairways.com)
- It also plays on more than a bit of nostalgia and naiveté (the author looks to Europe for a blueprint of community-controlled, rather than for-profit, skiing-surely he has never been to France's mega resorts). (economist.com)
- Only about a quarter of America's ski resorts are controlled by the monster resort companies, and these are struggling. (economist.com)
- Facilities at resorts can include night skiing, après-ski, and glade skiing under the supervision of the ski patrol and the ski school. (wikipedia.org)
- Welcome to the Ski Canada page providing a regular round-up of the skiing conditions and current snow reports for the main Canadian ski resorts. (snow-forecast.com)
- However, during any given week in the ski season the best slope conditions may be found at any of the great Canadian resorts. (snow-forecast.com)
- Many of the other Canadian resorts regularly come to the fore during the season as the best off-piste destination so check out the snow reports below for current ski conditions. (snow-forecast.com)
- The ski resorts in British Colombia generally experience milder weather than those further east thanks to their relatively close proximity to the Pacific Ocean. (snow-forecast.com)
- Canada is one of the world's leading ski nations with more than 300 ski areas spread across the country over four time zones with Canadian ski resorts in every province. (snow-forecast.com)
- Most famous of all of Canada's ski resorts is of course is Whistler (Whistler Blackcomb), host to the 2010 Winter Olympics which is now one of the world's most popular ski resorts with more than two million visitors annually and of course it has the biggest ski area in North America and its second biggest lift-served vertical. (snow-forecast.com)
- North America's oldest city, Quebec City, which recently celebrated its 400th birthday, is also here and a city and ski break is easy, with famous resorts like Le Massif Ski Area and Mont Sainte-Anne a short distance away by road or rail, offering great skiing above the mighty St Lawrence river. (snow-forecast.com)
- Here small resorts like Mont Sutton offer skiing as they used to be with tradition and ambience. (snow-forecast.com)
- The city offers access to many ski resorts in Switzerland. (klm.com)
- Another popular destination is Chamonix, a village at the foot of Mont Blanc, where you can access various inter-connected ski resorts. (klm.com)
- Today, six more resorts plan to start or resume their seasons: Snow Valley, Ski Green Valley, Ski Sunrise, Shirley Meadows, Kratka Ridge and Mt. Waterman. (latimes.com)
- When you ski Japan, you will have the difficult task of choosing from a wide variety of attractive resorts spread throughout the country. (destination360.com)
- Japan ski resorts have become increasingly popular in the last few decades, especially as international tourists have been turned on to the amazing mountains, predictable conditions, and unique features like natural hot springs. (destination360.com)
- This way you will have a general idea of all the amazing options at your disposal and a good sense for which are considered to be the finest Japan ski resorts. (destination360.com)
- There are actually seven Japan ski resorts located at Hakuba in Nagano. (destination360.com)
- Other major resorts where you can ski Japan include Furano in Hokkaido, Yuzawa in the Niigata Prefecture, Kusatsu Onsen in the Gunma Prefecture, and Niseko (also in Hokkaido). (destination360.com)
- Onsens , if you are curious, are Japanese hot springs , often found in the mountains not far from ski resorts. (destination360.com)
- The high alpine locations of many ski resorts produce excellent snow conditions, but the thin, dry air may cause dehydration and potassium depletion. (livestrong.com)
- Right now, we're seeing a trend in a lot of investment in snow-making equipment," said Karl Stone, marketing director of Ski NH, a statewide association representing 33 alpine and cross-country resorts.The Mount Sunapee Ski Area in Newbury purchased 52 high-efficiency snow guns costing $185,000, according to Bruce McCoy, director of marketing. (unionleader.com)
- The weather forecast for the next week shows an active pattern with two to three storm systems lined up for the ski resorts. (onthesnow.com)
- Following discussions about false or misleading information concerning the amount of ski runs offered by several ski resorts in the Alps, this was important news for the SkiWelt confirming that their offer was in fact accurate to the kilometre . (skiwelt.at)
- For example, it was awarded best price-performance ratio by the ADAC Ski Guide 2013 for all ski resorts in Austria - and this was for the third time in a row. (skiwelt.at)
- The direction of the horse fur allows the skis to slide forward, while preventing them from slipping backward when traveling uphill. (reuters.com)
- Equipment used in skiing includes: Skis, which may have skins applied or be textured for uphill traction or wax applied for minimizing sliding friction. (wikipedia.org)
- Mueller had created a way to keep this contraption moving while skiers grabbed on and were pulled uphill on their skis. (humankinetics.com)
- Ski down to the nursery lifts, poling required or short uphill walk of 50 metres to main chair lift. (tripadvisor.com)
- 20,000 children have learned to ski or snowboard through Snowslippers services. (prweb.com)
- The main ski and snowboard school, Grindelwald Sports, is highly rated. (britishairways.com)
- In Alpine Skiing , Ronald Kipp of the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association introduces novice skiers to the basics of the sport and assists intermediate skiers in refining skills. (humankinetics.com)
- Ron Kipp is the alpine sport education manager for the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA). (humankinetics.com)
- Do you ski, snowboard or both? (meetup.com)
- A ski or snowboard includes a metal layer having integral flanges projecting from its opposite sides to define a cavity for receiving a base layer. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Additional layers of the ski or snowboard are successively laid on the base layer and pressed and bonded together. (freepatentsonline.com)
- At McIntyre, officials hope to open a new terrain park with "obstacles to ski and snowboard over, and do tricks off of," said Ross Boisvert, its vice president and general manager. (unionleader.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - Alpine touring boots loosen in "walk" mode to make climbing on skis more comfortable. (cnn.com)
- As the connecting point to your skis, boots are a vital piece of equipment. (kidshealth.org)
- Make sure to get boots that fit correctly to keep your feet comfortable and warm, and to provide the best control over your skis. (kidshealth.org)
- The Nordic disciplines include cross-country skiing and ski jumping, which both use bindings that attach at the toes of the skier's boots but not at the heels. (wikipedia.org)
- It uses ski boots with a snow board. (wikipedia.org)
- A view of a skier's feet in red ski boots in the snow. (livestrong.com)
- The calf pain associated with stiff ski boots is enough to make you consider snowboarding. (livestrong.com)
- Your ski boots have an often-ignored ski/walk lever. (livestrong.com)
- While it's possible to get away with this at home, on a ski vacation this bed-sheet setup can add to the circulatory problems resulting from altitude, dehydration and stiff ski boots. (livestrong.com)
- Badly fitting ski boots can put extra strain on your knees. (medic8.com)
- Flying effortlessly down a snow-covered slope, feeling the wind in your face, and soaking up the beautiful mountain scenery - there's a lot to love about skiing. (kidshealth.org)
- Also, since skiing takes place at high altitudes in the winter, the weather can range from sunny and bright to bitterly cold, with conditions changing rapidly from one slope to the next and from one hour to the next. (kidshealth.org)
- A FEW YEARS AGO, a New England skier recently arrived in the Nation's Capital grinned in disbelief at a new friend who suggested they take a day off to go skiing at a local slope. (washingtonpost.com)
- Because alpine equipment is somewhat difficult to walk in, ski lifts, including chairlifts, bring skiers up the slope. (wikipedia.org)
- From slope-side bars to heated gondolas, there's more than one reason Jackson Hole, Vail and Whistler remain North America's top ski destinations. (fourseasons.com)
- All showcase world-class skiing, but they're also tops for off-slope activities and remain popular come summertime when the snow melts and other adventures take centre stage. (fourseasons.com)
- Perennially ranked number one by Ski Magazine, the mountains' vast skiable terrain is staggering, with every type of slope and something suited to all abilities. (fourseasons.com)
- By learning how to position your body properly on the ski slope, you will put less pressure on the knee joints. (medic8.com)
- A great ski trip is all about choosing the right mountain, and fortunately Four Seasons options include three of the best ski destinations in North America: Jackson Hole, Vail and Whistler. (fourseasons.com)
- Host of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, the interconnected massive twin mountains of Whistler and Blackcomb offer the largest ski resort experience in North America. (fourseasons.com)
- You can make your way to the highest chairlift in North America, the imperial chair and ski down 3 ½ miles back to the Gondola parking lot which is just across the street from Ski Hill or you can go down the 4 O'clock run which leaves you steps from the ski hill complex. (homeaway.com)
- But, complain ski resort operators, this fact hasn't fully registered in the minds of many of the area's skiers. (washingtonpost.com)
- Snowmaking is "absolutely essential," says Lars Skylling, ski area director at Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Champion, Pa. (washingtonpost.com)
- We like an upscale resort with good apres ski. (tripadvisor.co.uk)
- This picturesque Swiss ski resort offers a good range of skiing and non-skiing activities and a relaxed atmosphere. (britishairways.com)
- Ever since Averell Harriman dispatched an Austrian count, Felix Schaffgotsch, to Idaho to select the site of Sun Valley-America's first purpose-built ski resort and home for a while to Ernest Hemingway-America's skiing industry has been built on selling dreams of status to the country's burgeoning new rich, especially the baby boomers. (economist.com)
- Also called downhill skiing, alpine skiing typically takes place on a piste at a ski resort. (wikipedia.org)
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is home to longest continuous vertical rise of any ski area in the U.S. Starting at the valley floor, it rises 4,139 feet (1,262 metres) to the top of Rendezvous Mountain. (fourseasons.com)
- To make navigating this giant easy, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail has a Ski Concierge facility next to the state-of-the-art Gondola One, the world's fastest 10-passenger gondola, which also boasts heated seats and Wi-Fi. (fourseasons.com)
- grew up in hoops country, but as a kid, he preferred bumming rides to the 300-foot-high ski resort nearby. (yahoo.com)
- Sign up to receive news, contest alerts and special offers from Big White Ski Resort. (bigwhite.com)
- Happo-one is the biggest and most popular ski resort in the Hakuba area. (destination360.com)
- The Zao Onsen Ski Resort is located in the Yamagata Prefecture. (destination360.com)
- You'll hit half the line of rails and then wildly traverse over to the last set of jumps that the ski resort has set up for the season, and Line's Pin Ski Pole follows all your spins and jibs. (backcountry.com)
- It is what keeps me sane and what keeps me living in Utah," Harrington said last winter after a precious day of snowboarding at Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort. (theoaklandpress.com)
- Largest night ski resort in Austria! (skiwelt.at)
- So now we have it in black and white: SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixental really is Austria's largest interconnected ski resort. (skiwelt.at)
- But it is not only the size of the ski resort that deserves praise - under the scrutiny of many independent judges the SkiWelt comes out at the top of the list year after year. (skiwelt.at)
- With an investment of no less than 8 million euro , the "best ski resort in the world" (the SkiWelt has also been awarded this title four times already) will be even better again this year. (skiwelt.at)
- Ski jumping skiing is practiced at certain areas that are deemed for ski jumping only. (wikipedia.org)
- Ski jumping: contested at the Olympics, the FIS Ski Jumping World Cup, the summer FIS Grand Prix Ski Jumping, and the FIS Ski-Flying World Championships Nordic combined: contested at the Olympics and at the FIS Nordic Combined World Cup, it is a combination of cross-country skiing and ski jumping. (wikipedia.org)
- FIS Ski Jumping spoke to him on his way home from Wisla (POL), where he won on Sunday. (fis-ski.com)
- FIS Ski Jumping: Congratulations on your win in Wisla today. (fis-ski.com)
- FIS Ski Jumping: We knew before that you can ski jump, but did you change anything since Lillehammer? (fis-ski.com)
- FIS Ski Jumping: In Stams Stefan Kraft said that, with the level you are jumping on right now, you could also win in the Grand Prix. (fis-ski.com)
- FIS Ski Jumping: Will you go to Klingenthal right away for the COC there, or will you also compete in the Grand Prix in Hinzenbach? (fis-ski.com)
- FIS Ski Jumping: Thank you very much for the interview and all the best for the next competitions. (fis-ski.com)
- That would date them as much older than archaeological findings of skiing in Russia, cited by the International Ski Federation, the sport's governing body, as coming from 6,300 to 5,000 BC. (reuters.com)
- It's a perfect year for this historic exhibit to debut at Surf Expo as we celebrate the 75th Anniversary of USA Water Ski, the sport's national governing body. (prweb.com)
- Joss Christensen, Gus Kenworthy and Nick Goepper swept the podium for the United States on Thursday in slopestyle skiing, each throwing down versions of their sport's vaunted triple-cork jump to capture one of the rarest triples of all: gold, silver and bronze. (yahoo.com)
- Putting a snowmaking plant in a Banana Belt ski area is a little bit like J. P. Morgan and his yacht -- if you have to worry about the cost, you'd better not open the ski area. (washingtonpost.com)
- The news has just come in that Stevens Pass has been sold to CNL Lifestyle Properties, the same group that own the Snoqualmie Pass ski area. (seattlepi.com)
- The Raven Lodge This is a big year for Mt. Baker Ski area. (seattlepi.com)
- A Tri Area ski pass gives you access to all 3 regions. (klm.com)
- Here, draught beer served in cowboy boot glasses and all-day Happy Hour specials make for a lively après-ski scene, and on weekends, the outside area has live music. (fourseasons.com)
- He also provides valuable information on travel and trip planning, including choosing a ski area and accommodations, packing, and flying with your gear. (humankinetics.com)
- This particular package gives you deals on lift tickets, ski passes, and area accommodations. (destination360.com)
- Have you ever skied a "lost" ski area: a hill that once had maintained trails, some sort of lift, and a base lodge or warming hut-but doesn't anymore? (outdoors.org)
- The hill is still there, and we'll focus on that shortly, but for now, picture the ski area itself. (outdoors.org)
- This dream home rests on a side of the mountain adjacent to the Breckenridge ski area, with spectacular views of the entire ski area and the town of Breckenridge. (homeaway.com)
- MANCHESTER - Many ski areas around the state are adding amenities for the approaching winter season, including new or expanded terrain parks at Loon Mountain in Lincoln and McIntrye Ski Area in Manchester. (unionleader.com)
- The ski area, which is spending about $700,000 on capital improvements for this winter's season, also is constructing an addition to a building that houses a family alpine program, he said. (unionleader.com)
- Every ski area in the state does something every summer in the state," Stone said. (unionleader.com)
- In summertime, Meall A'Bhuiridh doesn't look much like a ski area - it looks far too rocky. (skiclub.co.uk)
- Further to skiers right is the East Wall, an area of equally steep off piste that is a great place to head to after fresh snowfall - just check first with ski patrol as this area is avalanche prone. (skiclub.co.uk)
- But there have been ski areas in the country for at least a century and one of the world's first dedicated ski lifts opened in Quebec in the late 1920s for the first people to Ski Canada. (snow-forecast.com)
- Quebec is home to several internationally well known ski areas, most noteworthy of which is Mont Tremblant - one of the world's most popular destinations with nearly 4 million visitors. (snow-forecast.com)
- We are proud to care for the world's largest water ski and towed water sports collection and it's wonderful to be able to bring this exhibit to Surf Expo," said USA Water Ski Foundation Executive Director Tracy Mattes. (prweb.com)
- On the opposite side, Kleine Scheidegg offers more red and blue runs and, again, the opportunity to ski right down to village level. (britishairways.com)
- The top elevation is over 6,000 feet and there are thirteen extensive ski runs. (destination360.com)
- Of the ski runs, 30 percent are for beginners, 50 percent for intermediate, and 20 percent for advanced. (destination360.com)
- You can expect to find 42 ski runs that offer a nice range of challenges to suit people of all skill levels. (destination360.com)
- Of the ski runs, 30 percent are for beginners, 40 percent for intermediates, and another 30 percent for experts. (destination360.com)
- Eighty percent of the ski runs on this 5,000 plus-foot hill are split evenly between beginners and intermediates, with the remaining 20 percent designated for advanced riders only. (destination360.com)
- We would not stay here if it was not for going in a group, only real saving grace was the doorstep skiing, good runs in San Sicario and access to the milky way, easy to get over to Sauze, Sestriere etc and perfectly acceptable rooms. (tripadvisor.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - The view from a cabin in the backcountry near Leadville, Colorado is breathtaking. (cnn.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - Backcountry ski guide Will Elliott, left, rests at around 12,500 feet on the east ridge of Galena Mountain. (cnn.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - In the backcountry, skiers strap on avalanche beacons like this one. (cnn.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - Rita the avalanche-rescue dog takes a break to play in the snow. (cnn.com)
- Skiing the Colorado backcountry - A pine marten mugs for the camera in the Colorado backcountry. (cnn.com)
- Backcountry skiing can be accessed by helicopter, snowcat, hiking and snowmobile. (wikipedia.org)
- Cross-country skiing may be practiced on groomed trails or in undeveloped backcountry areas. (wikipedia.org)
- usually ski rockies and worried we will be unhappy with mountains. (tripadvisor.co.uk)
- Its abundant snow and mountains make this region one of the best places for skiing in the country, and instructors hope some of the children training here might become Olympians. (reuters.com)
- As the sun peeks over the mountains into valleys around Khom, Namujel, 13, races his horse-hide skis against his neighbor and friend Mieergenku, 12, who is using modern skis. (reuters.com)
- Alpine skiing is performed in the Alpine environment or mountains. (humankinetics.com)
- Despite being known for its extreme terrain, Jackson Hole is expanding its beginner and intermediate offerings so that there's something for all ski levels to try. (fourseasons.com)
- There are a couple of awesome terrain parks and every conceivable amenity, from a ski school and rental shop to dining and entertainment. (destination360.com)
- The terrain is split up 60/40, skiing to snowboarding terrain. (destination360.com)
- we can get more terrain open earlier," said McCoy, who noted snow making is one of the ski area's biggest expenses.Mount Sunapee averages an opening around Dec. 2, depending on the weather, of course, McCoy said. (unionleader.com)
- There are also security concerns in Gulmarg which is 20 km (12 mi) from the Line of Control , however since 2002, it has been peaceful, which has led to an increase in skiing activity in the region. (wikipedia.org)
- Some of the most popular skiing locations in India are Gulmarg in Jammu and Kashmir , Solang in Himachal Pradesh and Auli in Uttarakhand . (wikipedia.org)
- The skiing season in India is from January to March. (wikipedia.org)
- Last year Ski Liberty got only 14 inches of natural snow, says Whitney, but with 106 days of skiing "we had our longest season ever. (washingtonpost.com)
- Conniff's association points out that ski areas from Pennsylvania south saw a 10.7 percent increase in business last year over the previous season, in large part because of "plenty of cold weather for snowmaking. (washingtonpost.com)
- the ski season here lasts up to 6 months! (klm.com)
- recommend solitude for late season skiing. (onthesnow.com)
- There are lots of things you can do before the skiing season starts to condition your body and minimize the chances of getting injured. (medic8.com)
- Also, make sure to get a real ski helmet (not a football or bike helmet) that allows space for your goggles and ventilation on warm days. (kidshealth.org)
- Instead -- to greet a blank calendar with wide eyes and enthusiastic yelps -- try a jump in a chilled foothill lake, get yanked from the water by a speedboat, then make a water-ski run through dawn's frigid breezes. (sfgate.com)
- Make sure your muscles are warmed up properly before skiing, as this will make them more flexible and lessens the chances of them becoming damaged. (medic8.com)
- It's their insurance policy," says Cal Conniff, executive director of the National Ski Areas Association. (washingtonpost.com)
- Quebec and neighbouring Ontario both have the most ski areas in one province in Canada with nearly 100 small to medium sized ski areas each. (snow-forecast.com)
- That puts them in the same bracket for number of ski areas as regions like Tyrol in Austria and Savoie in France. (snow-forecast.com)
- The list of ski areas in the vicinity of Geneva is truly impressive. (klm.com)
- Within just an hour drive from Geneva lies one of the most beautiful ski areas in France. (klm.com)
- Destination areas have the largest skiing acreage and vertical drop, with lift-ticket prices to match. (humankinetics.com)
- More than 2,000 ski areas in 57 countries offer fun and excitement to people of all ages-from young children to retirees. (humankinetics.com)
- Three Southland ski areas have reopened after this week's storms. (latimes.com)
- Some larger ski areas will remain open through mid-April, depending on the weather and level of business, Stone said. (unionleader.com)
- With 20 years experience as a ski instructor, the author of several books on skiing and having trained the Croatian Olympic demonstration ski team he brings a wealth of knowledge to the company. (prweb.com)
- Many types of competitive skiing events are recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), and the International Ski Federation (FIS). (wikipedia.org)
- The Foundation also works closely with USA Water Ski, the only national governing body recognized by the United States Olympic Committee for all towed water sports. (prweb.com)
- Skiing in India is an activity that mostly takes place in the northern states of India, where the Himalayas are situated. (wikipedia.org)
- Skiing is administered by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation in India. (wikipedia.org)
- However skiing in India suffers from lack of infrastructure. (wikipedia.org)
- The Scandinavian sport is a hybrid of cross-country skiing and sled-dog racing, with a human on ruler-width skis standing in for the sled. (courant.com)
- It also encompasses cross-country ski marathon events, sanctioned by the Worldloppet Ski Federation, and cross-country ski orienteering events, sanctioned by the International Orienteering Federation, and biathlon a combination of cross-country and shooting. (wikipedia.org)
- Originally all skiing had some component of cross-country skiing. (humankinetics.com)
- Another interesting Quebecois ski region is known at the Eastern Townships and is located on the border with the US in the south of the country. (snow-forecast.com)
- In the winter, explore these on "snowcoaches" (winterized buses), by snowmobile, or on guided cross-country ski excursions. (fourseasons.com)
- Approachable and accessible, cross-country skiing is a great activity for outdoor enthusiasts of all levels. (outdoors.org)
- Modern outrigger skis have two parts, a short ski attached to the bottom of a Lofstrand crutch . (wikipedia.org)
- After a sharp rise in demand last year, Crystal ( crystalski.co.uk ), the biggest ski tour operator, has significantly increased its allocations on non-stop services from St Pancras, and it now offers rail-based travel to Val d'Isère, Les Arcs, La Plagne and the Trois Vallées, at the same price as holidays by air (including the short transfer up the mountain by air). (telegraph.co.uk)
- It was so warm that the other American in the field, Bobby Brown, skied in short sleeves. (yahoo.com)
- Stone said a third or more of a ski area's business comes in a short period: vacation week including Christmas and New Year's, the three-day, Martin Luther King Jr. weekend and the February school vacation weeks for New Hampshire and Massachusetts. (unionleader.com)
- There are also non skiing members who support the club by driving boats, spotting, and managing equipment. (courant.com)
- You will find information on fitness and conditioning and equipment and gear selection as well as easy-to-follow instruction on skiing fundamentals. (humankinetics.com)
- He prepares you for your adventure with information on conditioning, selecting equipment, and familiarizing yourself with the skiing environment. (humankinetics.com)
- Lists of websites will help you find ski instructors and organizations, shop for equipment and gear, and plan trips around the world. (humankinetics.com)
- eurostar.co.uk ) direct ski trains operate non-stop from London St Pancras to the Tarentaise with stops at Moûtiers, Aime La Plagne and Bourg St Maurice, which offer bus/cable car connections up the mountain to Tignes/Val d'Isère, Les Arcs, La Plagne and the Trois Vallées. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Part of the Jungfrau ski region, Grindelwald lies at the foot of the towering Eiger Mountain . (britishairways.com)
- The First mountain restaurant has another day nursery, whilst those skiing on the opposite side of the valley will be glad to find there is a Sunshine nursery at the top of the Männlichen. (britishairways.com)
- This also takes skiers to Waffle Way , Vail's newest on-mountain eatery, and the first ski-in/ski-out restaurant anywhere. (fourseasons.com)
- He is a qualified ski instructor and was the British Forces Germany youth ski champion for three years running. (prweb.com)
- Skiied the Rockies for years, and have not been disappointed with Eastern skiing since I moved here. (tripadvisor.co.uk)
- We have skied in Utah (all over), Colorado (all over) and Montana for over 20 years. (tripadvisor.co.uk)
- Archaeologists have dated the paintings as 10,000 to 30,000 years old, according to Chinese ski historian Shan Zhaojian. (reuters.com)
- That's the menu for the Polar Bear Ski Day, a tradition celebrated for the past 41 years by otherwise sober citizens of the Mid-Valley Water Ski Club . (sfgate.com)
- CLWSC has been performing an annual ski show on Coventry Lake for over 20 years. (courant.com)
- Coop has had "a few of those days, but not enough" in his 47 years of skiing in Utah. (theoaklandpress.com)
- The amount of knee injuries in skiing has risen by 45% over the last 15 years. (medic8.com)
- These often hold great snow well into spring - indeed skiing has run into May in recent years. (skiclub.co.uk)
- The Himalayas provide an excellent skiing experience owing to their great height which makes for long descents. (wikipedia.org)
- Last year was a great year for skiing and it looks like we are headed towards a double dip. (seattlepi.com)
- the skiing is great. (onthesnow.com)
- Enjoy this comfy unit at the Ski Hill Condos, and the convenience of being in the heart of Breckenridge, one block from MAIN STREET, where you will be close to great dining, shopping, rental shops, a liquor store and nightlife. (homeaway.com)
- Boarders traditionally head for the steeps of nearby Mürren and, provided snow is good, a good guide can seek out exhilarating skiing around Grindelwald. (britishairways.com)
- Here, I did not ski so good. (latimes.com)
- Last week Antoine Boissellier was testing out the new 6907 Acro prototype, but the snow was so good that he didn't want to take his skis off, even when flying acro! (flyozone.com)