Mitral Valve Insufficiency
Echocardiography amplified by the addition of depth to the conventional two-dimensional ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY visualizing only the length and width of the heart. Three-dimensional ultrasound imaging was first described in 1961 but its application to echocardiography did not take place until 1974. (Mayo Clin Proc 1993;68:221-40)
Attitude of Health Personnel
Academic Medical Centers
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Indians, North American
Home Health Aides
United States Indian Health Service
Physical Therapy Modalities
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
An antineoplastic antimetabolite that is metabolized to fluorouracil when administered by rapid injection; when administered by slow, continuous, intra-arterial infusion, it is converted to floxuridine monophosphate. It has been used to treat hepatic metastases of gastrointestinal adenocarcinomas and for palliation in malignant neoplasms of the liver and gastrointestinal tract.
An important compound functioning as a component of the coenzyme NAD. Its primary significance is in the prevention and/or cure of blacktongue and PELLAGRA. Most animals cannot manufacture this compound in amounts sufficient to prevent nutritional deficiency and it therefore must be supplemented through dietary intake.
Flammable, amorphous, vegetable products of secretion or disintegration, usually formed in special cavities of plants. They are generally insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol, carbon tetrachloride, ether, or volatile oils. They are fusible and have a conchoidal fracture. They are the oxidation or polymerization products of the terpenes, and are mixtures of aromatic acids and esters. Most are soft and sticky, but harden after exposure to cold. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed & Dorland, 28th ed)
The amount of mineral per square centimeter of BONE. This is the definition used in clinical practice. Actual bone density would be expressed in grams per milliliter. It is most frequently measured by X-RAY ABSORPTIOMETRY or TOMOGRAPHY, X RAY COMPUTED. Bone density is an important predictor for OSTEOPOROSIS.
Photosensitive protein complexes of varied light absorption properties which are expressed in the PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS. They are OPSINS conjugated with VITAMIN A-based chromophores. Chromophores capture photons of light, leading to the activation of opsins and a biochemical cascade that ultimately excites the photoreceptor cells.
A noninvasive method for assessing BODY COMPOSITION. It is based on the differential absorption of X-RAYS (or GAMMA RAYS) by different tissues such as bone, fat and other soft tissues. The source of (X-ray or gamma-ray) photon beam is generated either from radioisotopes such as GADOLINIUM 153, IODINE 125, or Americanium 241 which emit GAMMA RAYS in the appropriate range; or from an X-ray tube which produces X-RAYS in the desired range. It is primarily used for quantitating BONE MINERAL CONTENT, especially for the diagnosis of OSTEOPOROSIS, and also in measuring BONE MINERALIZATION.
Bone and Bones
Personality measures are significant, socio-economic measures are not". Personality and Individual Differences. 68: 98-101. doi ... Émile Durkheim viewed crime as an inevitable aspect of a society with uneven distribution of wealth and other differences among ... Phillida Rosnick, in the article Mental Pain and Social Trauma, posits a difference in the thoughts of individuals suffering ... The powerful groups had the ability to become the "significant other" in the less powerful groups' processes of generating ...
Navajo: Difference between revisions
Regions with significant populations. United States (Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, California). Languages. ...
The differences are significant. Unlike the American school sports clear distinction of "track season" and "cross country ... Extra Curricular Activities - Differences between Korean High School Students and American High School Students. "Archived copy ... a significant growth in recent years. Additionally 25 other 7-member teams of mixed age (which must have male and female from ...
Quantitative comparative linguistics
Significant differences were found between the latter two methods. Neighbor-net was considered optimal for discerning language ... Significant differences were found. Similarly Wichmann and Saunders used 96 characters to study 63 American languages. A method ... They found that UPGMA was clearly worst but there was not a lot of difference between the other methods. The results depended ... A different sort of tree is that only based on language similarities / differences. In this case the internal nodes of the ...
The differences are significant. Users of voluntary opening systems rely on elastic bands or springs for gripping force, while ... An additional difference exists in the biofeedback created that allows the user to "feel" what is being held. Voluntary opening ... The advancement was due to the difference in the socket to patient contact model. Prior to this, sockets were made in the shape ... However, some have some significant drawbacks that impair its use. They can be susceptible to water damage and thus great care ...
Sales taxes in the United States
Significant other differences apply. Following the table is abbreviated coverage of selected sales tax rates by state. Notes: ... a person would be taxed on the difference of $30,000 only, not the full amount of the new vehicle). Residents of Canada and U.S ... which only play a significant role in metro Atlanta, and are constitutionally blocked from using the state's fuel tax revenues ...
Differences between specimens are significant. One example was found in northern Maine growing solitary, instead of in clumps, ...
Canada-United States relations
"It is time for us to recognize," he stated, "that we have very separate identities; that we have significant differences; and ... Reconcilable Differences: A History of Canada-US Relations (Oxford University Press, 2014) Behiels, Michael D. and Reginald C. ... The two nations have the world's longest shared border (8,891 km (5,525 mi)), and also have significant interoperability within ... indicating a significant improvement in Canada-U.S. relationships; which had been strained in the years prior during the ...
William Pitt the Younger
There were, however, significant differences. The younger Pitt's eloquence, unlike his father's, included the force of ... Nevertheless, the Coalition collapsed, having suffered significant defeats at the Battle of Ulm (October 1805) and the Battle ...
Lithium iron phosphate battery
However, there are significant differences. LFP contain neither nickel nor cobalt, both of which are supply-constrained and ...
There were two significant differences; the working day for children was reduced to six and a half hours, and the minimum age ... The only other significant changes in the scope of the legislation were that working extra hours to recover lost time was now ... with the important difference that the existing protection of young persons (a twelve-hour day and a ban on night working) was ... or of profiting by those means when afforded and that these ill-effects were so marked and significant that government ...
This leads to another significant difference. Most faculty members make the pre-class assignment due at least 1 hour before ... In JiTT Physics and in Biology courses at IUPUI the D/F/W numbers decreased from 40% to under 25%. JiTT can make a difference ... Students in Marrs' biology class credit JiTT to a significant decrease in cramming for tests. She asked her students "Did you ... For this reason, JiTT has been compared to the use of "reading quizzes". However, there are important differences. Reading ...
Americanist phonetic notation
However, there remain significant differences. Among these are: ⟨y⟩ for [j], ⟨ñ⟩ for [ɲ], ⟨c⟩ or ⟨¢⟩ for [t͡s], ⟨ƛ⟩ for [t͡ɬ] ... An interesting and significant story was once told by Carl Voegelin during a symposium held in New York in 1952 on the present ... Apart from ⟨ʚ, ꭤ⟩ and some differences in alignment, it is essentially the IPA. Chomsky & Halle (1968) proposed the following ...
Factories Act 1847
There were two significant differences; the working day for children was reduced to six and a half hours, and the minimum age ... Nor does he seem to have considered the omission significant; from consultation of the parents of factory children he thought " ... with the important difference that the existing protection of young persons (a twelve-hour day and a ban on night working) was ... being careful not to advance any view on matters where there were doctrinal differences between them. It was however definitely ...
Death of the Virgin (van der Goes)
Yet there are significant differences; the bed in Schongauer's engraving is canopied and the distribution of the apostles is ... The Schongauer is dated to at latest 1475, and it is a matter of significant and at times harsh and divisive critical debate as ...
Other differences were not significant. The researchers concluded that public debate should consider various manners of ... These differences among findings can often be attributed to variations between study designs including differences in the crops ... There was little difference in energy input between the different treatments for producing soybeans. In the organic systems, ... The author's found that there are relative differences in this yield gap based on crop type with crops like soybeans and rice ...
Geographical differences can be significant. For instance, in the UK, 4% of British investment goes to venture capital, ... venture capitalists usually get significant control over company decisions, in addition to a significant portion of the ... Röhm, P., Köhn, A., Kuckertz, A. and Dehnen, H. S. (2017) A world of difference? The impact of corporate venture capitalists' ... Media for equity investors are able to supply start-ups with often significant advertising campaigns in return for equity. In ...
They found no significant difference for sentences with a singular third person pronoun (he) and those with a singular definite ... Christensen found no significant difference in acceptability for Danish CIs with flere ("more") compared to those with færre (" ... However, Christensen's study on comparative illusions in Danish did not find a significant difference in acceptability for ... No significant differences were found. More PhD students presented in conferences than she did. More policewomen visited the ...
There are, however, significant differences. It omits the separate I/O address space of the Z80, but adds operations (notably ...
There are however significant differences. Many reservoirs experience considerable variations in level producing significant ...
There are significant differences, however; the use of a speed sensitive centrifugal switch requires that other split-phase ... The difference between synchronous speed and actual speed is called slip, and loading the motor increases the amount of slip as ... The induction motor (or asynchronous motor) always relies on a small difference in speed between the stator rotating magnetic ...
There are some significant differences. Most significantly, the film has the initial nuclear exchange prompted by renegade ...
However, there are some significant differences. Generic case complexity is a direct measure of the performance of an algorithm ...
Flemish Heraldic Council
There were, however, significant regional differences. Whereas 61% of the municipalities in the Flemish Region had the right to ...
Hydrogen peroxide contact solutions
Significant differences exist between the two. Hydrogen peroxide has the ability to penetrate microbial films, which helps ...
Political differences no longer seem significant. But now all the leaders have a different plan to deal with the problem-or to ...
However, there are very significant differences. Amongst the features differentiating the Middle English alliterative style ...
The differences are cosmetic, but significant. The Cafe's exhaust pipes are swept upwards and its it handlebars are low, "clip- ...
However, there are some significant differences. Although double-dummy bridge is in practice a competition between two ... It makes a difference which of the four hands wins a trick and must lead the next trick.) Double-dummy bridge is not simply win ...
The interior differences were less significant. The first modification was a change to an 840 hp engine. The tank was equipped ... The difference between them was in the transmission. The fifth had a mechanical transmission while the sixth was using a hydro- ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
"Research and innovation funding: making a real difference". European Commission. 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2018.. ... In Horizon 2020 there are significant simplifications: e.g. fewer funding rates (increasing the funding rates of the large ...
With the tests a pediatrician should perform, as explained above, the difference is quite easy to make. In deformational ... Surgery for craniosynostosis is often associated with significant perioperative hemorrhage so multiple strategies are often ... The main difference between plagiocephaly based on craniosynostosis and deformational plagiocephaly is that there is no suture ... Brain structures of children with craniosynostosis were evaluated using magnetic resonance imaging. Differences were seen ...
Benedict was a significant influence on Mead.. Boas regarded Benedict as an asset to the anthropology department, and in ... While they were very close friends for a while, it was ultimately the differences in worldview and personality that led their ...
100,000,000 Guinea Pigs
The difference is only a matter of form." References. *^ Kallet, A & Schlink, F: "100,000,000 Guinea Pigs", Ch 1. ... The book's key proposition is that a significant portion of the products sold to the public-particularly pharmaceuticals and ...
There's a significant difference between the situation now and where we were with this six months ago, when this conversation ... Literally no difference between an asterisk and a § - Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:29, 10 March ... To meet the GNG you would have to demonstrate "significant coverage in reliable sources". Jevansen (talk) 22:06, 24 August 2018 ... Ach, I'll draw that diff to Ohconfucius's attention. Tony (talk) 11:47, 27 April 2016 (UTC) ...
Type 2 diabetes
As of 2015 there was no significant difference between these agents. A 2018 review found that SGLT2 inhibitors may be ... "Differences by sex in the prevalence of diabetes mellitus, impaired fasting glycaemia and impaired glucose tolerance in sub- ...
Even the difference exists in the way of organization trade union and density. Starting from 2008 the union density slightly ... when a significant percentage of the nation's public sector workers went on strike. By this stage, some 12,000,000 workers in ...
... to suggest that the difference is a cultural difference between the Asiatic east and the European west, rather than that the ... There have been significant developments in how CAMs should be assessed prior to re-sale in the United Kingdom and the European ... Treatments for severe diseases such as cancer and HIV infection have well-known, significant side-effects. Even low-risk ... with the biggest difference in use of mind-body therapies including prayer specifically for health reasons". In 2008, more ...
... standard mean difference=0.352kg; 95% confidence interval: 0.11, 0.594; Z value=2.85; P=0.004). There were no significant fat ... Their ability to maintain skeletal muscle number and size at time of disuse is of significant importance. During hibernation, ... The estimated standard mean difference effect size for the increase in muscle mass in the HMB treatment groups relative to ... mass changes between intervention and control groups (standard mean difference=-0.08kg; 95% confidence interval: -0.32, 0.159; ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
"There's significant oil and gas development in this region as well, so we'll have to keep monitoring its location over the next ... Because there is a difference between notability and relevance. This case has received a large amount of attention, which ... Is this really significant news ? I don't think so. I don't even think we can say that all five murders were committed by the ... But it's still more significant than a couple of murdered hoes in England. Also it need not be mentioned that it was his 100th ...
The question of the spelling system has very significant political connotations in Galicia. There are minor but significant ... The difference in the grammatical gender of a word may correspond to a real gender difference in the physical world "xuicioso ... Galician expresses the difference in number with a form for the singular and another for the plural. The most typical suffix to ... Galician usually makes the difference according to gender and categorizes words as masculine "o rapaz" (the little boy) or ...
There are also significant Bengali-speaking communities in the Middle East, the United States, Singapore, ... Inflectional suffixes in the morphology of Bengali vary from region to region, along with minor differences in syntax. ... the difference is seen heard when reading) (unless conjoined with another retroflex consonant such as ট, ঠ, ড and ঢ), although ... differences in the pitch of the speaker's voice can distinguish words. Rangpuri, Kharia Thar and Mal Paharia are closely ...
Positron emission tomography
The most significant fraction of electron-positron annihilations results in two 511 keV gamma photons being emitted at almost ... flight PET makes use of very fast gamma-ray detectors and data processing system which can more precisely decide the difference ... the correction process is itself susceptible to significant artifacts. As a result, both corrected and uncorrected images are ...
Differences by state. Medicaid is managed by the states, and each one has varying criteria on how to qualify for the ... "Oregon Study: Medicaid 'Had No Significant Effect' On Health Outcomes vs. Being Uninsured". Forbes. Retrieved April 18, 2019.. ... examining eligibility/coverage differences per state in AFDC and SSI is an accurate way to assess Medicaid differences as well ... Differences between states are often influenced by the political ideologies of the state and cultural beliefs of the general ...
... vulgaris and its resultant scars are associated with significant social and academic difficulties that can last into ... a 2018 review comparing inflammatory lesions after treatment with antibiotics or isotretinoin found no difference. The ... The approach to acne treatment underwent significant changes during the twentieth century. Retinoids became a medical treatment ... and when symptoms of significant sebum production (seborrhea) are co-present. Hormone therapy is effective for acne even ...
International medical graduate
We found no significant mortality difference when comparing all international medical graduates with all U.S. medical school ...
The causes of nosebleeds can generally be divided into two categories, local and general factors, although a significant number ... There is no difference in outcomes between embolization and ligation as treatment options, but embolization is considerably ...
However, the relative difference in costs associated with enumerating items within the subitizing range are small, whether ... there is still a significant, albeit smaller, increase of 40-100 ms per item within the subitizing range. A similar pattern ... there appear to be real differences in the ways in which a small number of elements is processed by the visual system (i.e., ...
The results showed no statistically significant difference between fatigue levels with and without listening to various music. ...
Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
In addition, a genetic mismatch as small as a single DNA base pair is significant so perfect matches require knowledge of the ... can occur even if the donor and recipient are HLA-identical because the immune system can still recognize other differences ...
"differences. 23 (2): 32-61. doi:10.1215/10407391-1533520.. *^ Fritze, Sointu; Suojoki, Saara (2000). Forbidden Images: Erotic ... A battle with an octopus plays a significant role in Victor Hugo's book Travailleurs de la mer (Toilers of the Sea), relating ...
In 2010, the Caulobacter NA1000 strain was sequenced and all differences with the CB15 "wild type" strain were identified. ... This leads to a significant and inevitable cell-to-cell variation time to complete replication of the chromosome. There is ... Additional phenotypic differences between the two strains have subsequently accumulated due to selective pressures on the ... The genetic basis of the phenotypic differences between the two strains results from coding, regulatory, and insertion/deletion ...
These movements share fundamental differences in the view on open software. The main, factionalizing difference between the ... Another study in 2015 found that of open-source projects on GitHub, gender diversity was a significant positive predictor of a ... Gender differences and bias in open source: Pull request acceptance of women versus men. No. e1733v2. PeerJ Preprints, 2016. ... The largest difference is that free software requires any changes to be submitted to the original maker for redistribution, and ...
Matador (Danish TV series)
He is Jewish and the catalyst of Maude's most significant development, as she is a vital factor in his escape to neutral Sweden ... Personality: An honest man; unlike his brother, he is more willing to overlook class differences and has few social ambitions. ...
This difference does not apply in the UK where all doctors are now required by law to work less than 48 hours per week on ... Others that did significant work include William Williams Keen, William Coley, James D. Watson (United States); Salvador Luria ... Gender-based medicine studies the biological and physiological differences between the human sexes and how that affects ... Genomics and knowledge of human genetics and human evolution is having increasingly significant influence on medicine, as the ...
The mother's eldest brother was more significant as a mentor to the male children than was their father, who was generally of ... As in the case of the Iroquois and Susquehannocks, the animosity of differences and competitions spanned many generations, and ...
Women's education in the United States
The significant events in the 2000s allow schools to use e-mail surveys, and due to a Supreme Court case in 2009, lawsuits on ... focused on adjusting and increasing women's place in the public arena by arguing that the only fundamental differences between ... This convention is significant because it created a foundation for efforts toward equal education for women, even though it was ... During the 1990s three significant changes or continuations to the law were made in the course of the decade. First, a Supreme ...
Much modern up-to-date classification recognizes that Cyanoprokaryotes show significant differences from either Bacteria or ... I believe the difference is the type of chlorophyll each possesses, but am not certain enough to add it. Could someone please ... The name "cyanobacteria" comes from the color of the bacteria (Greek: κυανός (kyanós) = blue). They are a significant component ... What is it? What is the difference between cyanobacterial starch, floridean starch, common starch and glycogen? 188.8.131.52 ...
Cultured neuronal network
This remains one of the most striking differences between the model and the reality, and this fact probably plays a large role ... but the PPs gathered over the course of days displayed significant variability. These finding imply that studies of plasticity ... A crucial step in finding the answer to this problem lies in establishing the difference between learning and plasticity. One ... one study saw a marked difference between array-wide firing frequency in cultures that received continuous input versus those ...
Most significant tornadoes form under the storm's updraft base, which is rain-free, making them visible. Also, most ... Even experienced storm observers may not be able to tell the difference between a low-hanging cloud and a wedge tornado from a ... A few significant tornadoes occur annually in Europe, Asia, southern Africa, and southeastern South America, respectively. ... Thomas P. Grazulis (January 1997). Significant Tornadoes Update, 1992-1995. St. Johnsbury, VT: Environmental Films. ISBN 978-1- ...
Significant brain differences in U.S. diplomats after Cuba sonic attack without a cause
No significant differences in recurrence rates among women with DCIS taking anastrozole or tamoxifen | EurekAlert! Science News
No significant differences in recurrence rates among women with DCIS taking anastrozole or tamoxifen Significant differences ... but this difference was not significant. There were no significant differences across subgroups except for invasive cancer ... No significant differences in recurrence rates among women with DCIS taking anastrozole or tamoxifen. American Association for ... No difference in overall recurrence was observed (67 anastrozole vs. 77 tamoxifen; HR=0.89 (0.64-1.23), P=0.5), based on a non- ...
CDC Online Newsroom - Press Release - CDC Report Finds Significant Differences in Stroke Prevalence Among U.S. States and...
Study: Legalization Associated with Increased Cannabis Use During Pregnancy, No Significant Differences in Neonatal Outcomes -...
Authors reported no significant differences in either birth weight or rates of pre-term delivery among the two groups after ... Home,News,Study: Legalization Associated with Increased Cannabis Use During Pregnancy, No Significant Differences in Neonatal ... Study: Legalization Associated with Increased Cannabis Use During Pregnancy, No Significant Differences in Neonatal Outcomes. * ... but no significant changes in neonatal outcomes, according to data published in The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal ...
EMR vs EHR | Are there any Significant Differences? | RevenueXL
Is there any difference between an EMR System and an EHR System? The market place (Analysts, Vendors, etc.) use EMR and EHR ... Examples of differences between EHR and EMR. *An EMR records immunization data, but an EHR enables electronic sharing of that ... EHR vs EMR : What is the Real Difference?. In practice, many vendors market EMR software with features that were originally ... EHR: Is there a real difference?. Today, its not uncommon for health care professionals to use "EMR" and "EHR" ...
Is there a significant difference between generic coffee and expensive coffee?
... Is there a significant difference between ... Is there a significant difference between generic coffee and expensive coffee?. Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts ... What is the difference between a patty and a cutlet?. by Ishwaryaa Dhandapani 7 years ago ... What is the difference between magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate?. by Education Answer 6 years ago ...
No Significant Difference … Says Who? | American Journal of Neuroradiology
... "no significant difference" from a study with minimal power to demonstrate that difference. Thus, as we are critically reading ... the risk of concluding that there is a significant difference between groups when in fact there is no such difference) (Table 1 ... which is the risk of concluding that there is no significant difference between groups when in fact such a difference exists ( ... an underpowered study may find no significant difference even in the presence of a real difference in the population. It is in ...
Geometric Differences of the Mitral Apparatus Between Ischemic and Dilated Cardiomyopathy With Significant Mitral Regurgitation...
We observed a significant difference in MV deformation between the 2 patient groups. The pattern of MV deformation from the ... In ICM-MR, MVTa and MVTht were largest in the medial AP plane, with significant differences (P,0.05) from other planes, whereas ... Geometric Differences of the Mitral Apparatus Between Ischemic and Dilated Cardiomyopathy With Significant Mitral Regurgitation ... Geometric Differences of the Mitral Apparatus Between Ischemic and Dilated Cardiomyopathy With Significant Mitral Regurgitation ...
Significant Gene Order and Expression Differences in Bordetella pertussis Despite Limited Gene Content Variation | Journal of...
Significant Gene Order and Expression Differences in Bordetella pertussis Despite Limited Gene Content Variation. Mary M. ... Significant Gene Order and Expression Differences in Bordetella pertussis Despite Limited Gene Content Variation ... Significant Gene Order and Expression Differences in Bordetella pertussis Despite Limited Gene Content Variation ... Significant Gene Order and Expression Differences in Bordetella pertussis Despite Limited Gene Content Variation ...
Differences in IBS patients' microbiota more significant in feces vs. mucosa - HelpForIBS.com Message Boards
Differences in IBS patients microbiota more significant in feces vs. mucosa 09/28/15 02:14 PM Edit Reply Quote ... Differences in IBS patients microbiota more significant in feces vs. mucosa Heather. 09/28/15 02:14 PM ... Differences in IBS patients microbiota more significant in feces vs. mucosa. Rangel I, et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2015;doi ... 7D/differences-in-ibs-patients-microbiota-more-significant-in-feces-vs-mucosa --------------------. Heather is the ...
CrossFit | Statistically Significant Antidepressant-Placebo Differences on Subjective Symptom-Rating Scales Do Not Prove that...
Statistically Significant Antidepressant-Placebo Differences on Subjective Symptom-Rating Scales Do Not Prove that the Drugs ... Comments on Statistically Significant Antidepressant-Placebo Differences on Subjective Symptom-Rating Scales Do Not Prove that ... Commented on: Statistically Significant Antidepressant-Placebo Differences on Subjective Symptom-Rating Scales Do Not Prove ... Plöderl argue trials investigating the impact of antidepressants show statistically significant but not clinically significant ...
Newly Created Heterogeneous Groups: The Time to Adjust to Significant Race and/or Gender Differences: Business & Management...
The Time to Adjust to Significant Race and/or Gender Differences: 10.4018/978-1-4666-9624-2.ch100: The primary purpose of this ... Davis Jr., Theodore E. "Newly Created Heterogeneous Groups: The Time to Adjust to Significant Race and/or Gender Differences." ... Newly Created Heterogeneous Groups: The Time to Adjust to Significant Race and/or Gender Differences. Theodore E. Davis Jr. ( ... Davis Jr., T. E. (2016). Newly Created Heterogeneous Groups: The Time to Adjust to Significant Race and/or Gender Differences. ...
CrossFit | Statistically Significant Antidepressant-Placebo Differences on Subjective Symptom-Rating Scales Do Not Prove that...
Statistically Significant Antidepressant-Placebo Differences on Subjective Symptom-Rating Scales Do Not Prove that the Drugs ... Comments on Statistically Significant Antidepressant-Placebo Differences on Subjective Symptom-Rating Scales Do Not Prove that ... Plöderl argue trials investigating the impact of antidepressants show statistically significant but not clinically significant ... Both meta-analyses found antidepressants had statistically significant benefits compared to placebo, but both also found a ...
Study Uncovers Significant Differences in Tolerability of Nafcillin vs. Oxacillin - MPR
Research shows significant regional differences in access to arthritis medications across Canada | Arthritis Society
Essay about Is There a Significant Difference in Height... | Major Tests
Is there a significant difference in height of Bracken (Pteridium aquilinum) from a light area and a dark area? Abstract: This ... Is there a significant difference in height of Bracken (Pteridium aquilinum) from a light area and a dark area?. Abstract: This ... Essay about Is There a Significant Difference in Height of Bracken (Pteridium Aquilinum) from a Light Area and a Dark Area?. ... Essay about Is There a Significant Difference in Height of Bracken (Pteridium Aquilinum) from a Light Area and a Dark Area? ...
Dental therapists are making a significant difference in the oral health of Alaska Native children - W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Dental therapists are making a significant difference in the oral health of Alaska Native children. ... It is a model of healthcare that makes an immediate difference in the lives of people who would otherwise have limited to no ... Special emphasis is paid to priority places where there are high concentrations of poverty and where children face significant ...
Defining Differences among those who Succeed in Compared to those who Fail to Lose Significant Excessive Weight after Bariatric...
Defining Differences among those who Succeed in Compared to those who Fail to Lose Significant Excessive Weight after Bariatric ... This article has set out to define differences among those that succeed compared to those that fail to lose significant ... Gender was not a significant variable in success or failure, regardless of procedure. Conclusion: Without consideration for the ...
A slight difference and significant si...( There is little difference between the ...)
... difference,and,significant,similarities,biological,biology news articles,biology news today,latest biology news,current biology ... There is little difference between the composition of the genetically ...The researchers compared genetically modified Desire ... New tumor markers -- Spot the differences. 6. Brains reflect sex differences. 7. Gene analysis might explain ethnic differences ... Lung cancer-derived EGFR mutants exhibit intrinsic differences in inhibitor sensitivity. 10. Individual differences in a clock ...
Cholinergic and anticholinergic drug effects on survival during hypoxia: significant gender differences. | Journal of...
Cholinergic and anticholinergic drug effects on survival during hypoxia: significant gender differences.. M Saiyed and W K ... Cholinergic and anticholinergic drug effects on survival during hypoxia: significant gender differences.. M Saiyed and W K ... Cholinergic and anticholinergic drug effects on survival during hypoxia: significant gender differences.. M Saiyed and W K ... Beside the significant gender differences in physostigmine and pilocarpine protection, the results show that hypothermia alone ...
SIR-Spheres® Y-90 Resin Microspheres Showed No Significant Difference in Overall Survival (OS) Compared to Sorafenib in...
Survival differences in neither study were significant, whether by ITT or per protocol analysis., The SIRveNIB study was ... Although these differences were not significant in the intent-to-treat population, patients who actually received Y-90 resin ... SIR-Spheres® Y-90 Resin Microspheres Showed No Significant Difference in Overall Survival (OS) Compared to Sorafenib in ... This difference is not statistically significant. However, this analysis does not take into account that more than a quarter of ...
Genes | Free Full-Text | DNA Methylation Profiling of Human Prefrontal Cortex Neurons in Heroin Users Shows Significant...
... in heroin users showed significant differences in the preferential context of hyper and hypo DM. HyperDMSs were enriched in ... DNA Methylation Profiling of Human Prefrontal Cortex Neurons in Heroin Users Shows Significant Difference between Genomic ... "DNA Methylation Profiling of Human Prefrontal Cortex Neurons in Heroin Users Shows Significant Difference between Genomic ... Collectively, these findings suggest that the observed DNAm differences could represent functionally significant marks of ...
No significant difference in asthma control across three approaches to adjust medication dose in mild asthma - Healthcanal.com ...
No significant difference in asthma control across three approaches to adjust medication dose in mild asthma. ... A few of the 18 secondary outcomes showed slight statistical differences for one of the three approaches. For example, the ... The lack of detectable differences in treatment failure or in other clinical measures considered important for patients with ... Only the cumulative dosage of ICS taken showed any striking difference. The people in the symptom-based group inhaled half as ...
No Significant Bone Density Differences Between Aromasin and Arimidex
... There was no significant difference in bone mineral ... No Significant Bone Density Differences Between Aromasin and Arimidex - Friday, March 21, 2014 3:52 PM ... At two years, the results indicated that there was no significant difference between the Aromasin and Arimidex groups in terms ... The researchers concluded that there is no significant difference in bone mineral changes among women treated with Aromasin and ...
Slow darkening of pinto bean seed coat is associated with significant metabolite and transcript differences related to...
Table 2 lists the 13 most significant genes with very large differences in abundance between the two varieties that encode ... Asterisks (*) indicate significant difference between the samples as determined by Students t-test ... Slow darkening of pinto bean seed coat is associated with significant metabolite and transcript differences related to ... Significant scores are divided into three levels showing a baseline, high and extremely significant levels of differential ...
ECC 2015 Press Release: Discovery of Significant Genetic Differences Between Breast Cancers That Relapse and Those That Do Not...
Discovery of Significant Genetic Differences Between Breast Cancers That Relapse and Those That do Not Will Lead to Better ... ECC 2015 Press Release: Discovery of Significant Genetic Differences Between Breast Cancers That Relapse and Those That Do Not ... We believe that the differences we have seen reflect genetic differences that can predispose a cancer to return, combined with ... They found that there were genetic differences between primary and recurring tumours, with some differences being acquired ...
How to guarantee finding a statistically significant difference: the use and abuse of subgroup analyses | Springer for Research...
Assessment of pain in rheumatoid arthritis: minimal clinically significant difference, predictors, and the effect of anti-tumor...
Assessment of pain in rheumatoid arthritis: minimal clinically significant difference, predictors, and the effect of anti-tumor ... Assessment of pain in rheumatoid arthritis: minimal clinically significant difference, predictors, and the effect of anti-tumor ... Assessment of pain in rheumatoid arthritis: minimal clinically significant difference, predictors, and the effect of anti-tumor ... Assessment of pain in rheumatoid arthritis: minimal clinically significant difference, predictors, and the effect of anti-tumor ...
Fragment crystallizable (Fc) region results in an increased systemic exposure with no significant difference in intra-ocular...
Fragment crystallizable (Fc) region results in an increased systemic exposure with no significant difference in intra-ocular ... Fragment crystallizable (Fc) region results in an increased systemic exposure with no significant difference in intra-ocular ... region results in an increased systemic exposure with no significant difference in intra-ocular pharmacokinetics. Invest. ...
Altmetric - The early evolving sex hormone environment is associated with significant outcome and inflammatory response...
The early evolving sex hormone environment is associated with significant outcome and inflammatory response differences after ... The early evolving sex hormone environment is associated with significant outcome and inflammatory response differences after ... Clinical research characterizing the mechanisms responsible for sex-based outcome differences after injury remains conflicting ... is an understanding of the early sex hormone milieu of the injured patient and the effects these early hormone differences have ...
Statistically significant difference0.05ClinicallyOutcomesMeta-analysesSimilaritiesGenderFoundGroupsSubgroupsMicrobiotaClinicalFindingsDetectIncidenceImportant differencesStatistical differencesGenesSurvivalANOVAStudyBehaviorsSexesReactivityDecreasesNonsignificantConfidence intervalsFunctionalTumorGroupSignificanceDecreaseResearchers concludedSufficientlyReductionSlightOutcomeCharacteristicsHumansAdverse eventsResultsDataPatientsInvasiveCompositionTimeGeneHealthEffectsSuggest
Statistically significant difference2
- The researchers found that there was a statistically significant difference in the nutritional content of organic and conventional produce, with organic fruits and vegetables containing between 19 percent and 69 percent more antioxidants than their conventional counterparts. (naturalnews.com)
- The only statistically significant difference between groups was the incidence of neutropenia, which was higher in the intervention group," the authors wrote. (asbestos.com)
- In this October 2018 editorial in Frontiers in Psychiatry , Michael Hengartner and Martin Plöderl argue trials investigating the impact of antidepressants show statistically significant but not clinically significant effects, and even these meager effects may be eroded by known biases. (crossfit.com)
- Assessment of pain in rheumatoid arthritis: minimal clinically significant difference, predictors, and the effect of anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy. (jrheum.org)
- Clinically significant discrepancies between adults and children may exist. (aappublications.org)
- In a third of meta-analyses, twofold or greater differences were identified between adults and children, and some clinically important discrepancies were also found. (aappublications.org)
- Meta-analysis can be used as a tool to improve the power to detect clinically significant differences in harms. (aappublications.org)
- The enactment of adult-use legalization in California is associated with greater incidences of marijuana use by pregnant women, but no significant changes in neonatal outcomes, according to data published in The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine . (norml.org)
- A few of the 18 secondary outcomes showed slight statistical differences for one of the three approaches. (healthcanal.com)
- Currently lacking is an understanding of the early sex hormone milieu of the injured patient and the effects these early hormone differences have on clinical outcomes and the innate immune response following injury. (altmetric.com)
- For the primary binary outcomes (127 meta-analyses), 20 topics had differences in treatment effects beyond chance (more favourable in less developed countries in 15/20 cases). (bmj.com)
- However, the authors found few significant effects of the pilot program on outcomes of interest during the evaluation period. (rand.org)
- There was no significant difference between units regarding any of the staff outcomes examined. (rand.org)
- We wanted to study whether differences exist in the relative risks of harms and other harm-related outcomes (such as withdrawals and mortality) between adults and children. (aappublications.org)
- Both meta-analyses found antidepressants had statistically significant benefits compared to placebo, but both also found a small mean effect size, equal to or below d = 0.3. (crossfit.com)
- No nominally significant differences between more developed and less developed countries were found for 128 (92%) meta-analyses. (bmj.com)
- Results were similar for meta-analyses with nominally significant treatment effects for mortality (1.15), meta-analyses with recent trials (1.14), and when excluding trials from less developed countries that subsequently became more developed (1.12). (bmj.com)
- In 36% of meta-analyses, the ROR estimates suggested twofold or greater differences between children and adults, and the 95% confidence intervals could exclude twofold differences only in 18% of meta-analyses. (aappublications.org)
- Davis Jr., Theodore E. "Newly Created Heterogeneous Groups: The Time to Adjust to Significant Race and/or Gender Differences. (igi-global.com)
- Gender was not a significant variable in success or failure, regardless of procedure. (sages.org)
- Cholinergic and anticholinergic drug effects on survival during hypoxia: significant gender differences. (aspetjournals.org)
- Beside the significant gender differences in physostigmine and pilocarpine protection, the results show that hypothermia alone is not responsible for protection or for the gender difference. (aspetjournals.org)
- In females, peripheral actions (e.g., hormone release from pituitary and ovary) may contribute to protection and to the gender difference. (aspetjournals.org)
- While it is positive to point out the differences each gender portrays, Brooks' presents them in a way that offends. (bartleby.com)
- This report explores gender differences, parenthood and employment by analysing and comparing a number of related aspects. (rand.org)
- ANOVA was used to examine the differences in empathy between gender, academic years, and specialty preferences. (hindawi.com)
- There were significant associations between gender and empathy scores. (hindawi.com)
- This was a significant gender difference. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- These cases often involve significant gender dysphoria. (wikipedia.org)
- The evidence regarding gender differences in eyewitness memory is contradictory. (wikipedia.org)
- Studies maintaining that there is no difference state that accuracy and susceptibility to false information do not vary with gender. (wikipedia.org)
- Several studies have suggested the presence of gender differences for differing areas or circumstances of recall. (wikipedia.org)
- Results showed that females were significantly more accurate than males, although there was no gender difference in quantity of information recalled. (wikipedia.org)
- In a series of two experiments, researchers assessed gender differences both in recall accuracy and susceptibility to incorrect suggestions about witnessed events. (wikipedia.org)
- Significant gender differences in accuracy were found concerning the type of information requested. (wikipedia.org)
- In order to further assess these gender differences and re-examine suggestibility without this potential confound, a second experiment was devised. (wikipedia.org)
- There was no gender difference found in recall accuracy for details concerning the male or objects and actions related to the event. (wikipedia.org)
- The study did not assess gender differences for the attacker. (wikipedia.org)
- It is disturbing, however, to note that authors in various fields (Interventional Radiology, Cardiology, OB/GYN, Orthopedics, Family Practice, and others) have found that large numbers of manuscripts in the literature are underpowered to detect a difference between the patient groups. (ajnr.org)
- Finally, we compared whole-genome expression profiles of different strains and found significant changes in transcript abundance, even in the same strain after as few as 12 laboratory passages. (asm.org)
- The investigators found clear differences in microbial composition between mucosal and fecal samples of both IBS patients and healthy controls (P = .002), and while these differences were more distinct among IBS patients, there was no association found between microbiota differences and IBS clinical characteristics. (helpforibs.com)
- A study comparing three common approaches to periodically adjust the dosage of inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) for people with mild asthma has found no detectable differences in how often a person's asthma worsened. (healthcanal.com)
- Yet the findings were downplayed in news reports, which quoted prominent nutritionists minimizing the nutritional differences found and ignoring the issue of pesticides completely. (naturalnews.com)
- Although no studies have yet been conducted to compare the long-term health differences between those who follow mostly organic versus mostly conventional diets, the researchers note that antioxidants such as those found in higher concentrations in organic foods "have previously been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases, including cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases and certain cancers. (naturalnews.com)
- The higher antioxidant levels found are equivalent to the amount in "one to two of the five portions of fruits and vegetables recommended to be consumed daily," the researchers wrote, "and would therefore be significant and meaningful in terms of human nutrition, if information linking these [compounds] to the health benefits associated with increased fruit, vegetable and whole grain consumption is confirmed. (naturalnews.com)
- By using high-throughput 16S rDNA sequencing and biochemical analyses, we found significant differences in gut microbiota between the two groups. (scienceopen.com)
- found no significant differences in the acute rejection rate or in the Bioactive Compound Library 1-year patient or graft survival between the three groups. (thrombininhibitors.com)
- In a study conducted by two scientists, Laia Beclares and Naomi Priest, it was found that the stereotypical comments made in public has a significant effect on the actions of an individual, both negative and positive. (bartleby.com)
- A nonsignificant difference was found between empathy scores and specialty preferences. (hindawi.com)
- Differences have been found in a variety of fields such as mental health, cognitive abilities, personality, emotion, sexuality, and tendency towards aggression. (wikipedia.org)
- A study with 112 boys and 100 girls found that the difference in play behavior appeared to be semi-correlated with fetal testosterone. (wikipedia.org)
- Studies that have found differences note that women are more capable of remembering details regarding other women at the scene, while men are better able to remember details about other men. (wikipedia.org)
- Authors reported no significant differences in either birth weight or rates of pre-term delivery among the two groups after controlling for potential confounders. (norml.org)
- If an author tells us that there was no significant difference between groups, should we believe it? (ajnr.org)
- P values describe the risk of making a type I error (α) (that is, the risk of concluding that there is a significant difference between groups when in fact there is no such difference) (Table 1) . (ajnr.org)
- Equally important, however, is statistical power, which is intimately related to the risk of making a type II error (β), which is the risk of concluding that there is no significant difference between groups when in fact such a difference exists (Table 1) . (ajnr.org)
- More specifically, statistical power is the ability to detect a difference between 2 groups or 2 results and is defined as 1-β. (ajnr.org)
- Microbial composition and diversity in unprepared sigmoid colon mucosa differed insignificantly between patients with irritable bowel syndrome and healthy controls compared to the differences in the fecal microbiota between both groups, according to recent study data. (helpforibs.com)
- The researchers concluded that differences in the mucosal microbiota between IBS patients and healthy controls are minimal (one bacterial group) compared to differences in their fecal microbiota (53 bacterial groups), and that the microbial differences in IBS patients are more prominent in the feces compared to the mucosa. (helpforibs.com)
- No significant differences between the groups were seen at baseline with regard to characteristics. (healio.com)
- At two years, the results indicated that there was no significant difference between the Aromasin and Arimidex groups in terms of changes in bone mineral density in the spine or hip. (komen.org)
- After 2 hours pain was less in all participants, without any important difference in effect between the four groups. (jamanetwork.com)
- Results of the research revealed that, although fatigue severity was no different among the women across the three groups before the start of the intervention period, there were significant differences both immediately after and two months after the interventions came to a close. (massagemag.com)
- One such difference was that the mean score for fatigue severity was significantly lower in the reflexology group immediately after the four-week intervention as compared to the other two groups. (massagemag.com)
- We would not have expected to find such significant differences between the groups. (spineuniverse.com)
- Differences between these 2 age groups 4 , 5 may be due to unique pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of drugs in children. (aappublications.org)
- There was no significant difference in acute rejection or long-term graft survival rates between the two Ponatinib mouse groups. (thrombininhibitors.com)
- was no significant difference in graft survival rate at 5 and 10 years between the two groups, and no difference in acute rejection rates within 3 months after transplant. (thrombininhibitors.com)
- This was the first study to show cytokine variation in moderate and severe CFS/ME patients, with significant differences shown between CFS/ME symptom severity groups. (medsci.org)
- There were no significant differences across subgroups except for invasive cancer recurrences: Women taking anastrozole were less likely to have HER2-negative invasive cancer recurrences, whereas women taking tamoxifen were less likely to have HER2-positive invasive cancer recurrences. (eurekalert.org)
- Microbiota composition was analyzed using a phylogenetic microarray and redundancy discriminant analysis was used to determine differences in microbiota profile signatures. (helpforibs.com)
- They also attributed the main differences in fecal microbiota between IBS patients and healthy controls to the diarrhea-predominant IBS subgroup, representing nearly half of the IBS cohort. (helpforibs.com)
- In conclusion, significant PK differences of berberine were observed between Africans and Chinese, which is partly attributable to variations in gut microbiota and its corresponding metabolic capacity. (scienceopen.com)
- Moncrieff J, Kirsch I. Empirically derived criteria cast doubt on the clinical significance of antidepressant-placebo differences. (crossfit.com)
- The lack of detectable differences in treatment failure or in other clinical measures considered important for patients with asthma suggests that a patient-directed approach to adjusting ICS dosage may be an option for treating mild asthma. (healthcanal.com)
- Clinical research characterizing the mechanisms responsible for sex-based outcome differences after injury remains conflicting. (altmetric.com)
- Collectively, these findings suggest that the observed DNAm differences could represent functionally significant marks of heroin-associated plasticity in the OFC. (mdpi.com)
- The findings emphasize that a significant amount of variance in emotion processing is explained by individual differences in behavioral data. (springer.com)
- But in new findings published online Nov. 19 in the journal Nature , researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine and Ludwig Cancer Research, with colleagues across the country and world, have discovered that a significant number of mouse genes do not in fact behave like their human counterparts, suggesting science will need to rethink at least some roles of the lab mouse as a model organism. (ucsd.edu)
- The results of this search are given in Table 3 , but the important finding is that only 3 (7.5%) of the manuscripts reported the level of power that the study had to detect a significant difference. (ajnr.org)
- The auditory systems of birds and mammals use timing information from each ear to detect interaural time difference (ITD). (jneurosci.org)
- In alligators, precisely timed spikes in the first-order nucleus magnocellularis (NM) encode the timing of sounds, and NM neurons project to neurons in the nucleus laminaris (NL) that detect interaural time differences. (jneurosci.org)
- Serum creatinine was significantly higher at 1 and 3 years in the non-transfused group compared with the DST and the randomly transfused group, despite the fact that there were no differences in the incidence of acute rejection or early graft function. (thrombininhibitors.com)
- There were no important differences in pain reduction after 2 hours with ibuprofen-acetaminophen or opioid-acetaminophen combination pills in emergency department patients with acute extremity pain. (jamanetwork.com)
- To determine whether there are important differences in performance between group practices and singlehanded general practitioners and the extent to which any differences are explained by practice characteristics such as deprivation. (bmj.com)
- It should be noted that the objective of this report is to use statistics to identify the major statistical differences between the Best in Class and the Industry Average. (pickaweb.co.uk)
- DMSs and corresponding genes (DMGs) in heroin users showed significant differences in the preferential context of hyper and hypo DM. (mdpi.com)
- Ren said scientists had assumed that significant conservation would occur at the deeper level of gene regulation as well, that similar genes in humans and mice would be expressed in similar ways. (ucsd.edu)
- If you look at the survival data based solely on those patients who actually received Y-90 resin microspheres, median OS was 11.3 months compared to 10.4 months for those treated with sorafenib, an opposite trend that is also not statistically significant. (newswire.ca)
- Remarkably, 290 identified proteins were unique to water buffalo, of which putative gamma-globin and putative epsilon-globin had a significant possibility of being relevant to the survival of B. orientalis only in water buffalo. (frontiersin.org)
- That's a key difference - between what the subject might be ALMOST doing to themselves (naturally limited by built-in survival mechanisms), and what boundary the taser can push them right through and beyond. (blogspot.com)
- Background- This study was conducted to elucidate the geometric differences of the mitral apparatus in patients with significant mitral regurgitation caused by ischemic cardiomyopathy (ICM-MR) and by idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM-MR) by use of real-time 3D echocardiography (RT3DE). (ahajournals.org)
- There was no significant difference in bone mineral density loss among women with early breast cancer treated with adjuvant Aromasin® (exemestane) or Arimidex® (anastrozole), according to the results of a study published in The Lancet Oncology . (komen.org)
- The between-group difference in decline in pain two hours after taking the study drugs. (jamanetwork.com)
- These discrepancies may reflect biases in reporting or study design as well as genuine differences in baseline risk or treatment implementation and should be considers when generalising evidence across different settings. (bmj.com)
- The exploratory study investigated individual differences in implicit processing of emotional words in a lexical decision task. (springer.com)
- At the organizational level there is the additional question of who is responsible forsocial media communication, whether comprehensive or platform-specific strategies are being developed, and whichplatforms and applications are applied specifically.The previous study in the year 2010 identified that the establishment of a comprehensive regulatory framework forparticipative communication on the Internet (Social Media Governance) is a significant factor affecting the rooting ofsocial media activities in organizations. (slideshare.net)
- Despite these apparent differences, a study of toddlers showed that both boys and girls were equally active when playing, and both sexes preferred toys that allowed them to express this. (wikipedia.org)
- Sex differences in psychology are differences in the mental functions and behaviors of the sexes and are due to a complex interplay of biological, developmental, and cultural factors. (wikipedia.org)
- page needed] Psychological sex differences refer to emotional, motivational, or cognitive differences between the sexes. (wikipedia.org)
- Two of his later books, The Descent of Man, and Selection in Relation to Sex (1871) and The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals (1872) explore the subject of psychological differences between the sexes. (wikipedia.org)
- There was also no difference in HLA mismatch, MLC reactivity and panel reactivity. (thrombininhibitors.com)
- Group averages are limited in their informative value, and Hamann and Canli suggest that affective dispositions and personality traits are able to explain individual differences in emotional reactivity and their underlying neural activity. (springer.com)
- Additionally, rats treated with TNF+LOS exhibited significant decreases in LVD, LVS and TIE index and increases in FS when compared to rats given TNF only.EPR Measurements Enzymatic and Respiratory Activities of Mitochondrial Complexes I IIMeasurements of mitochondrial complex I, II and III enzymatic activities were performed as previously described . (ctskinhibito.com)
- After two years (20122013), the results showed a degradation of the vegetation and deterioration of the soil environment during the degradation process with significant decreases in the vegetation cover, litter, clay and silt, soil organic carbon and soil. (issuu.com)
- However, as Hamann and Canli point out, taking into account individual differences might be one way to overcome statistically nonsignificant group averages in emotion research. (springer.com)
- Thus, in an effort to explore whether articles published in the AJNR had adequate power, we undertook to determine whether, among the manuscripts describing no significant difference, the authors provided power information or confidence intervals to the reader. (ajnr.org)
- 0.15 cm 2 ) with regional (posterior wall) LV dysfunction caused by coronary artery disease, whereas DCM-MR was defined as significant functional MR with global LV dysfunction without coronary artery disease. (ahajournals.org)
- 2003 ) suggest that individual differences can explain inconsistencies on neural activation patterns of basic emotion processing that are evident in the corresponding functional imaging literature. (springer.com)
- Targeted immunotherapy, including anti-angiogenic and checkpoint monoclonal antibodies or tyrosine kinase inhibitors, demonstrates better efficacy than traditional surgical treatment and radio-chemotherapy, although drug resistance and tumor heterogeneity remain significant problems, and metastasis remains the major cause of mortality 2 . (nature.com)
- There were no significant differences between TAVI patients (139) and surgical valve (135) patients in terms of bioprosthetic valve dysfunction: 56.1% for the TAVI group vs. 66.7% for the surgical group (p=0.07). (cardiovascularnews.com)
- Statistical Significance is defined at the 95% confidence level (or 5% margin error), meaning that the difference between the 2 compared variables (websites) is real and if repeated on a larger scale (e.g. 1000 websites) the testing would bring the same results. (pickaweb.co.uk)
- The seed coat of many beans such as pinto, cranberry and red beans darken during aging which affects their visual quality, leading to a decrease in consumer preference due to which the common bean producers, exporters and vendors encounter significant loss in crop value. (springer.com)
- Two 40-minute sessions of foot reflexology per week for four weeks resulted in a significant decrease in fatigue among women with multiple sclerosis (MS), both immediately after the four weeks of foot reflexology and two months later, according to recent research. (massagemag.com)
- Anodal stimulation to the ipsilesional M1 led to a significant decrease in response times. (nih.gov)
- Soil degradation results in a significant decrease in the richness and density of soil macro-arthropods and changes the seasonal distribution of the soil arthropod community. (issuu.com)
- The researchers concluded that there is no significant difference in bone mineral changes among women treated with Aromasin and Arimidex. (komen.org)
- Data were not sufficiently mature to assess differences in death rates. (eurekalert.org)
- The fact that the results largely agree with those given by Sethi and Seligman testifies both to the fact that the estimates were reasonable and that with large sample sizes effects are sufficiently robust to overcome any differences in the estimates. (uvm.edu)
- For adults coming to the emergency department for arm or leg pain due to sprain, strain, or fracture, there was no difference in pain reduction after 2 hours with ibuprofen-acetaminophen vs three comparison opioid-acetaminophen (paracetamol) combinations. (jamanetwork.com)
- A slight difference and significant si. (bio-medicine.org)
- Our results offer insight into the structural difference between the two types of practice and underline the importance of the effect of other practice characteristics on process and outcome measures. (bmj.com)
- Differences in achievement of immunisation and cytology targets apparent on univariate analysis were not seen after adjustment for other general practice characteristics. (bmj.com)
- One benefit is that while mice have proved to be substantially different than humans in some ways, we now have a better idea of where exactly they are different, where we will need to take into account those differences, perhaps finding or developing a better model, and where the mouse continues to be a very good model indeed. (ucsd.edu)
- There were no significant differences between the patients who took oral steroids and those who did not in terms of skin reactions, delays in Alimta treatment or changes in therapy because of other adverse events. (asbestos.com)
- Many different studies have been conducted on sex differences in the play behavior of young children, often yielding conflicting results. (wikipedia.org)
- While there could be various drivers for the differences between survey self-reports and administrative data, our leading explanation is that if mental illnesses were not stigmatised, the difference between self-reported survey responses and objective administrative records should be statistically similar to other diseases. (voxeu.org)
- Specifically, we are interested in whether measures of individual differences derived from emotion research are able to explain variability in individual data that discriminate happy and fear-related stimuli in word recognition. (springer.com)
- The data involve a combined score across these three dimensions for both the positive and negative items, and the difference between the positive and negative scores was taken as the subject's optimism score. (uvm.edu)
- As MIS gains popularity, it may have significant implications not only for patients but also for health care in general, particularly because of the prevalence of degenerative spinal disease in the elderly population, Dr. Härtl says. (spineuniverse.com)
- We show for the first time that the significant behavioural improvements produced by anodal stimulation to the ipsilesional hemisphere are associated with a functionally relevant increase in activity within the ipsilesional primary motor cortex in patients with a wide range of disabilities following stroke. (nih.gov)
- Preventing Renal Failure in Patients with Rhabdomyolysis: Do Bicarbonate and Mannitol Make a Difference? (lww.com)
- According to that it should have been 105 men of the studied cohort choosing suicide and not 148 - in relation to the extremely high total number of patients the difference is statistically more than significant. (doccheck.com)
- Women who took anastrozole had an 11 percent lower rate of recurrence of DCIS or invasive cancer than those who took tamoxifen, but this difference was not significant. (eurekalert.org)
- Nevertheless, the high prevalence of sbp in commensal and invasive S. epidermidis populations suggests that Sbp plays a significant role as a co-factor during both multi-factorial commensal colonization and infection of artificial surfaces. (nih.gov)
- There is little difference between the composition of the genetically produced potatoes known as fructan potatoes and that of conventionally bred varieties. (bio-medicine.org)
- time a more obscure, though equally important revolution was taking place, one whose effects were no less significant. (bartleby.com)
- And it apparently escaped Goodall's notice that Smith's most recent book-the one that she fulsomely endorsed-features a foreword by British politician Michael Meacher, who, after being kicked out of the Tony Blair's government in 2003, has devoted a significant amount of time to furthering 9/11 conspiracy theories. (scienceblogs.com)
- To identify the pathway utilized by BCAP31, Gene Set Enrichment Analysis was firstly performed, showing Akt/m-TOR/p70S6K pathway was the significant one, which was verified by immunofluorescence, kinase phosphorylation and cellular behavioral observations. (nature.com)
- The study's critics have mostly focused on casting doubt on the health benefits of antioxidants, or expressing concern that encouraging people to eat more organic foods would (due to the cost difference) cause them to eat less fruits and vegetables overall. (naturalnews.com)
- Desertification has greater effects on herbivores than on omnivores in the growth season and resulted in a significant change in the seasonal pattern of the trophic structure. (issuu.com)