A theoretical representative nucleotide or amino acid sequence in which each nucleotide or amino acid is the one which occurs most frequently at that site in the different sequences which occur in nature. The phrase also refers to an actual sequence which approximates the theoretical consensus. A known CONSERVED SEQUENCE set is represented by a consensus sequence. Commonly observed supersecondary protein structures (AMINO ACID MOTIFS) are often formed by conserved sequences.
Consensus Development Conferences as Topic
Presentations of summary statements representing the majority agreement of physicians, scientists, and other professionals convening for the purpose of reaching a consensus--often with findings and recommendations--on a subject of interest. The Conference, consisting of participants representing the scientific and lay viewpoints, is a significant means of evaluating current medical thought and reflects the latest advances in research for the respective field being addressed.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Amino Acid Sequence
Promoter Regions, Genetic
Consensus Development Conferences, NIH as Topic
Articles on conferences sponsored by NIH presenting summary statements representing the majority agreement of physicians, scientists, and other professionals convening for the purpose of reaching a consensus on a subject of interest. This heading is used for NIH consensus conferences as a means of scientific communication. In indexing it is viewed as a type of review article and as a tag for any article appearing in any publication of the NIH Office of Medical Applications of Research (OMAR).
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
A deoxyribonucleotide polymer that is the primary genetic material of all cells. Eukaryotic and prokaryotic organisms normally contain DNA in a double-stranded state, yet several important biological processes transiently involve single-stranded regions. DNA, which consists of a polysugar-phosphate backbone possessing projections of purines (adenine and guanine) and pyrimidines (thymine and cytosine), forms a double helix that is held together by hydrogen bonds between these purines and pyrimidines (adenine to thymine and guanine to cytosine).
Sequence Homology, Nucleic Acid
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Directions or principles presenting current or future rules of policy for assisting health care practitioners in patient care decisions regarding diagnosis, therapy, or related clinical circumstances. The guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by the convening of expert panels. The guidelines form a basis for the evaluation of all aspects of health care and delivery.
Sequence Analysis, DNA
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).
Protein Structure, Tertiary
The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.
Regulatory Sequences, Nucleic Acid
Amino Acid Motifs
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
Terminology as Topic
Gene Expression Regulation
Recombinant Fusion Proteins
Repetitive Sequences, Nucleic Acid
Sequences of DNA or RNA that occur in multiple copies. There are several types: INTERSPERSED REPETITIVE SEQUENCES are copies of transposable elements (DNA TRANSPOSABLE ELEMENTS or RETROELEMENTS) dispersed throughout the genome. TERMINAL REPEAT SEQUENCES flank both ends of another sequence, for example, the long terminal repeats (LTRs) on RETROVIRUSES. Variations may be direct repeats, those occurring in the same direction, or inverted repeats, those opposite to each other in direction. TANDEM REPEAT SEQUENCES are copies which lie adjacent to each other, direct or inverted (INVERTED REPEAT SEQUENCES).
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Protein Structure, Secondary
Nucleic Acid Conformation
Members of the class of compounds composed of AMINO ACIDS joined together by peptide bonds between adjacent amino acids into linear, branched or cyclical structures. OLIGOPEPTIDES are composed of approximately 2-12 amino acids. Polypeptides are composed of approximately 13 or more amino acids. PROTEINS are linear polypeptides that are normally synthesized on RIBOSOMES.
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Electrophoretic Mobility Shift Assay
An electrophoretic technique for assaying the binding of one compound to another. Typically one compound is labeled to follow its mobility during electrophoresis. If the labeled compound is bound by the other compound, then the mobility of the labeled compound through the electrophoretic medium will be retarded.
Enhancer Elements, Genetic
Gene Expression Regulation, Bacterial
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Sensitivity and Specificity
A method for determining the sequence specificity of DNA-binding proteins. DNA footprinting utilizes a DNA damaging agent (either a chemical reagent or a nuclease) which cleaves DNA at every base pair. DNA cleavage is inhibited where the ligand binds to DNA. (from Rieger et al., Glossary of Genetics: Classical and Molecular, 5th ed)
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Sp1 Transcription Factor
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Amino Acid Substitution
The naturally occurring or experimentally induced replacement of one or more AMINO ACIDS in a protein with another. If a functionally equivalent amino acid is substituted, the protein may retain wild-type activity. Substitution may also diminish, enhance, or eliminate protein function. Experimentally induced substitution is often used to study enzyme activities and binding site properties.
Interferon Regulatory Factors
A family of transcription factors that share an N-terminal HELIX-TURN-HELIX MOTIF and bind INTERFERON-inducible promoters to control GENE expression. IRF proteins bind specific DNA sequences such as interferon-stimulated response elements, interferon regulatory elements, and the interferon consensus sequence.
The failure by the observer to measure or identify a phenomenon accurately, which results in an error. Sources for this may be due to the observer's missing an abnormality, or to faulty technique resulting in incorrect test measurement, or to misinterpretation of the data. Two varieties are inter-observer variation (the amount observers vary from one another when reporting on the same material) and intra-observer variation (the amount one observer varies between observations when reporting more than once on the same material).
Synthetic or natural oligonucleotides used in hybridization studies in order to identify and study specific nucleic acid fragments, e.g., DNA segments near or within a specific gene locus or gene. The probe hybridizes with a specific mRNA, if present. Conventional techniques used for testing for the hybridization product include dot blot assays, Southern blot assays, and DNA:RNA hybrid-specific antibody tests. Conventional labels for the probe include the radioisotope labels 32P and 125I and the chemical label biotin.
Open Reading Frames
A polynucleotide consisting essentially of chains with a repeating backbone of phosphate and ribose units to which nitrogenous bases are attached. RNA is unique among biological macromolecules in that it can encode genetic information, serve as an abundant structural component of cells, and also possesses catalytic activity. (Rieger et al., Glossary of Genetics: Classical and Molecular, 5th ed)
Motifs in DNA- and RNA-binding proteins whose amino acids are folded into a single structural unit around a zinc atom. In the classic zinc finger, one zinc atom is bound to two cysteines and two histidines. In between the cysteines and histidines are 12 residues which form a DNA binding fingertip. By variations in the composition of the sequences in the fingertip and the number and spacing of tandem repeats of the motif, zinc fingers can form a large number of different sequence specific binding sites.
A set of genes descended by duplication and variation from some ancestral gene. Such genes may be clustered together on the same chromosome or dispersed on different chromosomes. Examples of multigene families include those that encode the hemoglobins, immunoglobulins, histocompatibility antigens, actins, tubulins, keratins, collagens, heat shock proteins, salivary glue proteins, chorion proteins, cuticle proteins, yolk proteins, and phaseolins, as well as histones, ribosomal RNA, and transfer RNA genes. The latter three are examples of reiterated genes, where hundreds of identical genes are present in a tandem array. (King & Stanfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
An enzyme that catalyzes the acetylation of chloramphenicol to yield chloramphenicol 3-acetate. Since chloramphenicol 3-acetate does not bind to bacterial ribosomes and is not an inhibitor of peptidyltransferase, the enzyme is responsible for the naturally occurring chloramphenicol resistance in bacteria. The enzyme, for which variants are known, is found in both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. EC 188.8.131.52.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Within a eukaryotic cell, a membrane-limited body which contains chromosomes and one or more nucleoli (CELL NUCLEOLUS). The nuclear membrane consists of a double unit-type membrane which is perforated by a number of pores; the outermost membrane is continuous with the ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM. A cell may contain more than one nucleus. (From Singleton & Sainsbury, Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, 2d ed)
An enzyme capable of hydrolyzing highly polymerized DNA by splitting phosphodiester linkages, preferentially adjacent to a pyrimidine nucleotide. This catalyzes endonucleolytic cleavage of DNA yielding 5'-phosphodi- and oligonucleotide end-products. The enzyme has a preference for double-stranded DNA.
Tumor Cells, Cultured
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Protein Processing, Post-Translational
Any of various enzymatically catalyzed post-translational modifications of PEPTIDES or PROTEINS in the cell of origin. These modifications include carboxylation; HYDROXYLATION; ACETYLATION; PHOSPHORYLATION; METHYLATION; GLYCOSYLATION; ubiquitination; oxidation; proteolysis; and crosslinking and result in changes in molecular weight and electrophoretic motility.
Sequence Analysis, Protein
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
A molecule that binds to another molecule, used especially to refer to a small molecule that binds specifically to a larger molecule, e.g., an antigen binding to an antibody, a hormone or neurotransmitter binding to a receptor, or a substrate or allosteric effector binding to an enzyme. Ligands are also molecules that donate or accept a pair of electrons to form a coordinate covalent bond with the central metal atom of a coordination complex. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
A process whereby multiple RNA transcripts are generated from a single gene. Alternative splicing involves the splicing together of other possible sets of EXONS during the processing of some, but not all, transcripts of the gene. Thus a particular exon may be connected to any one of several alternative exons to form a mature RNA. The alternative forms of mature MESSENGER RNA produce PROTEIN ISOFORMS in which one part of the isoforms is common while the other parts are different.
Electrophoresis, Polyacrylamide Gel
Severity of Illness Index
Health Planning Guidelines
Saccharomyces cerevisiae Proteins
Gene Expression Regulation, Enzymologic
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
A rigorously mathematical analysis of energy relationships (heat, work, temperature, and equilibrium). It describes systems whose states are determined by thermal parameters, such as temperature, in addition to mechanical and electromagnetic parameters. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed)
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
CELL LINES derived from the CV-1 cell line by transformation with a replication origin defective mutant of SV40 VIRUS, which codes for wild type large T antigen (ANTIGENS, POLYOMAVIRUS TRANSFORMING). They are used for transfection and cloning. (The CV-1 cell line was derived from the kidney of an adult male African green monkey (CERCOPITHECUS AETHIOPS).)
Drug-Related Side Effects and Adverse Reactions
DNA Transposable Elements
Discrete segments of DNA which can excise and reintegrate to another site in the genome. Most are inactive, i.e., have not been found to exist outside the integrated state. DNA transposable elements include bacterial IS (insertion sequence) elements, Tn elements, the maize controlling elements Ac and Ds, Drosophila P, gypsy, and pogo elements, the human Tigger elements and the Tc and mariner elements which are found throughout the animal kingdom.
Repetitive Sequences, Amino Acid
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
DNA Restriction Enzymes
Enzymes that are part of the restriction-modification systems. They catalyze the endonucleolytic cleavage of DNA sequences which lack the species-specific methylation pattern in the host cell's DNA. Cleavage yields random or specific double-stranded fragments with terminal 5'-phosphates. The function of restriction enzymes is to destroy any foreign DNA that invades the host cell. Most have been studied in bacterial systems, but a few have been found in eukaryotic organisms. They are also used as tools for the systematic dissection and mapping of chromosomes, in the determination of base sequences of DNAs, and have made it possible to splice and recombine genes from one organism into the genome of another. EC 3.21.1.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Species- or subspecies-specific DNA (including COMPLEMENTARY DNA; conserved genes, whole chromosomes, or whole genomes) used in hybridization studies in order to identify microorganisms, to measure DNA-DNA homologies, to group subspecies, etc. The DNA probe hybridizes with a specific mRNA, if present. Conventional techniques used for testing for the hybridization product include dot blot assays, Southern blot assays, and DNA:RNA hybrid-specific antibody tests. Conventional labels for the DNA probe include the radioisotope labels 32P and 125I and the chemical label biotin. The use of DNA probes provides a specific, sensitive, rapid, and inexpensive replacement for cell culture techniques for diagnosing infections.
Nucleic Acid Hybridization
Widely used technique which exploits the ability of complementary sequences in single-stranded DNAs or RNAs to pair with each other to form a double helix. Hybridization can take place between two complimentary DNA sequences, between a single-stranded DNA and a complementary RNA, or between two RNA sequences. The technique is used to detect and isolate specific sequences, measure homology, or define other characteristics of one or both strands. (Kendrew, Encyclopedia of Molecular Biology, 1994, p503)
Gene Expression Profiling
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Hall, Mimi (March 25, 2010). "Both sides of abortion issue quick to dismiss order". USA Today. Lucas, Fred (July 25, 2016). " ... "Democratic Platform Topples Consensus on Abortion". The Daily Signal. Retrieved April 17, 2017. "The Abortion Policy Hillary ...
Structured academy controversy
Reaching consensus. This structure of collaborative learning has Thoroughly been researched and many positive outcomes have ... Evaluating strengths and weaknesses on both sides of an issue. Seeing issues from other perspectives. Reconceptualizing one's ... All teams come together to state a consensus position, based on information and perspectives of each team. Each individual ... Finally, The advocacy roles are dropped by the students and a consensus report is generated addressing the original question ...
Emancipation Park (Kingston, Jamaica)
Relisted to generate a more thorough discussion and clearer consensus. Please add new comments below this notice. Thanks, ~~~~ ... Nas (2013). Hyper City : The symbolic side of urbanism. Routledge. ISBN 9781136221217. "ADINKRA SYMBOLS IN HONOUR OF OUR ...
Everybody's Fine (2009 film)
The website's critical consensus reads, "A calm, charismatic performance from Robert De Niro nearly saves the movie, but ... DiOrio, Carl (2009-12-06). "'Blind Side' tops 'New Moon' at boxoffice". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on ... Retrieved 2009-12-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Ryan, Tim (2009-11-03). "Critics Consensus: Everybody's Fine Is ... the critic's consensus praises Robert De Niro for having "intensity and presence that shines through even when he's not playing ...
Mayer, Jane (May 2009). The Dark Side. New York: Anchor Books. ISBN 978-0-307-45629-8. Blum, Howard (December 1, 2017). "How ... "Mueller Pick Meets a Rare Bipartisan Consensus". The Atlantic. Archived from the original on May 18, 2017. Retrieved May 18, ... "Rare bipartisan moment: Both sides embrace Robert Mueller as special counsel". USA Today. Archived from the original on May 18 ... Mayer, Jane (2009). The Dark Side. New York: Anchor Books. ISBN 978-0307456298. Graff, Garrett (2011), The Threat Matrix: ...
Challenge (Communist journal)
Worley, Matthew (September 2012). "Shot By Both Sides: Punk, Politics and the End of 'Consensus'". Contemporary British History ...
Republic of Artsakh
Side trails and mini trails take one to additional parts of Artsakh. The important sites passed along this hike include ... Both presidents failed to reach a consensus on the issues from the earlier Rambouillet conference. He noted that the Kocharyan- ... The major disagreement between both sides at the Bucharest conference was the status of Artsakh. Azerbaijan's preferred ... One of the noteworthy side trails is the Gtichavank Loop Trail. This loop starts from Togh Village. ...
... the talks themselves ended without a consensus between the two sides. The talks finally collapsed but were regarded as both a ... Chin died of cancer at the age of 88 at a private hospital in Bangkok, with only his 50-year-old niece by his side, on the ... Special Malaysian government troops going by the name "Senoi Praaq" prove to be a thorn in Chin Peng's side. 2 December 1989: A ... The book named "Alias Chin Peng: My Side of History", was published in 2003. Another book, "Dialogues with Chin Peng: New Light ...
Political history of the United Kingdom (1979-present)
The No side, supported by the three major UK parties, secured a 55% to 45% majority for Scotland to remain part of the United ... P. J. McLoughlin finds the consensus of scholars is that it was a significant factor contributing to the development of the ... On the economic side of things, the value of the British pound declined sharply after the results of the election were made ... Her early tax policy reforms were based on the monetarist theories of Friedman rather than the supply-side economics of Arthur ...
Further negotiations stalled due to lack of consensus on issue of the border. The Ukrainian side was proposing an ethnic ... On 8 August 1918, the sides signed the treaty "About basic principles of bilateral relations" where every side agreed to ... The Don side was presented by the Minister of trade Vladimir Lebedev and the Ambassador of Don to Ukraine General Aleksandr ... Between the fighting sides was created a neutral territory between 10-40 km wide to prevent further aggression, yet the Russian ...
Regency Town House
On the other side of this courtyard is the kitchen. It has a large skylight and it's said that its layout was influenced by the ... See templates for discussion to help reach a consensus. › In 1984 Nick Tyson, the owner, decided to reassemble a whole 1829 ...
ISBN 0-07-310218-0 "Working-Class Radicalism in the Gilded Age." In Conflict and Consensus in American History. 7th ed. Allen F ... ISBN 0-252-00953-3 "Was the American Labor Movement Radical?" In Taking Sides: Clashing Views on Controversial Issues in ...
International comparisons of trade unions
On both the theoretical and the empirical sides, experts have not reached any consensus. Between 1877 and 1968, 700 people have ...
R v Dudley and Stephens
It soon became clear that consensus lay on the defence side. Harcourt was revolted by the public's sentiment and became even ... The Attorney-General felt that a life sentence would not resist the attack of public consensus. He noted that the court had ...
Relationship between religion and science
The Church had merely sided with the scientific consensus of the time. Pope Urban VIII asked that his own views on the matter ... In such a case, we should not rush in headlong and so firmly take our stand on one side that, if further progress in the search ... A 2009 study from the Pew Research Center on Americans perceptions of science, showed a broad consensus that most Americans, ... Only on one issue does a significant portion of the public deny strong consensus for religious reasons: evolution. The ...
Meta-Analytics: Consensus Approaches and System Patterns for Data Analysis. Elsevier, 2018. ISBN 9780128146231 Mayer, Joceli; ... Fundamentals and Applications of Hardcopy Communication: Conveying Side Information by Printed Media. Springer, 2018. ISBN ...
The Virgin and Child (The Northbrook Madonna)
A brown structure is on the right side of the landscape. The painting takes its name from having been in the Northbrook ... Currently there is no clear consensus on its authorship. The painting "may have been the result of a collaboration, a practice ...
Reactions to the Special Counsel investigation (2017-2019)
Several conservative sources sided with Trump to embrace and promote the Spygate conspiracy theory, including the Fox & Friends ... "Mueller Pick Meets a Rare Bipartisan Consensus". The Atlantic. Archived from the original on May 18, 2017. Retrieved May 18, ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Rare bipartisan moment: Both sides embrace Robert Mueller as special counsel". USA ...
Whittemore Peterson Institute
Jay Levy states that taking anti-HIV medications is "not like taking an aspirin". There is currently no consensus that XMRV is ... For some individuals, these medications can have substantial side effects. ... Although there is no consensus that XMRV is a human pathogen or even associated with any disease, Mikovits has stated her ... However, there is currently no expert consensus on the etiology of these diseases and conditions. Initial funding for the ...
German company law
Initially both the shareholder and employee sides are meant to reach a consensus on the chair. If they cannot reach consensus, ...
Armenian Genocide denial
... "sides" engaged in an unending debate in which a consensus will never arrive and for which there will be a need for unending ... In October 1914, the Ottoman Empire entered World War I on the side of the Central Powers. During the Ottoman invasion of ... Denial and minimization of wartime atrocities was crucial to the formation of a Turkish nationalist consensus. Following the ... Although Armenia was willing to normalize relations without preconditions, Turkey demanded that the Armenian side abandon all ...
Giza pyramid complex
The Great Sphinx lies on the east side of the complex. Current consensus among Egyptologists is that the head of the Great ... On the other side of the pyramid in the West Field, the royals sons Wepemnofret and Hemiunu were buried in Cemetery G 1200 and ... The sides of all three of the Giza pyramids were astronomically oriented to the north-south and east-west within a small ... The boat pits contained a ship, and the two pits on the south side of the pyramid still contained intact ships when excavated. ...
M. Scott Peck
Decisions are more well-rounded and humble, rather than one-sided and arrogant. Contemplation: members examine themselves. They ... They make decisions and reconcile their differences through consensus. Realism: members bring together multiple perspectives to ... Inclusivity Commitment Consensus Based on his experience with community building workshops, Peck says that community building ... and consensus: members accept and embrace each other, celebrating their individuality and transcending their differences. They ...
Al Jazeera, 17 June 2015 Hamas Rejects 'One-sided' Dissolution of Palestinian Government. Haaretz, 17 June 2015 Abbas to ... Xinhua, 1 July 2015 New cabinet reshuffle on consensus government. Ma'an, 1 July 2015. ... "consensus government". Finance Minister of the Palestinian National Authority Foreign Affairs Minister of the Palestinian ...
Current recommendations are based on consensus guidelines from around the world. Side effects can include allergic reactions ... Side effects can include allergic reactions such as anaphylaxis, infection, and lung injury. Bacterial infections are ...
National Unification Council
... "both sides of the Taiwan Straits agree that there is only one China. However, the two sides of the Straits have different ... opinions as to the meaning of 'one China'." This would later known as the 1992 consensus. The council had already been out of ...
Cross-Strait Service Trade Agreement
The CSSTA includes an article to mandate future negotiations of market access on the basis of consensus. It also provides for a ... Considering the controversial issue of labor movement, both sides agreed to apply the "Annex on Movement of Natural Persons ... communication mechanism between both sides to monitor implementation. The CSSTA has been a subject of intense controversy in ...
Glossary of Shinto
"Love Soul") - The happy and loving side of a whole, complete spirit (mitama). Sanbō (三方, lit. "Three Sides/Directions") - A ... there is no clear consensus on the relationship between these three realms. Nigi-Mitama (和魂, lit. "Tranquil Soul") - The ... "Wild Soul") - The rough and violent side of a whole, complete spirit (Mitama). Ama-no-Zako, a monstrous Megami, is actually the ... Cuttings of Sakaki are also displayed on either side of a Kamidana as offerings (see above). Sakaki Tate (榊立, lit. "Sakaki ...
Harvey Shepherd, "Vandals kick off referendum campaign; Ex-mayors on both Yes and No side," Montreal Gazette, 28 September 1995 ... "Monteregie commission can't reach consensus," Montreal Gazette, 23 March 1995, A18. ... he was the first mayor of a major city in Quebec to support the Parti Québécois and openly supported the Oui side in the 1980 ...
Glendale, Salt Lake City
There are several houses on the east side of the Jordan River on present day California Avenue that were built prior to 1930. ... See templates for discussion to help reach a consensus. › Coordinates: 40°44′N 111°55′W / 40.733°N 111.917°W / 40.733; - ... Industry and rail works isolated residential areas of the west side of Salt Lake City. The isolation and proximity to industry ... The preliminary West Salt Lake City master plan outlines many improvements for the west side of Salt Lake City, including ...
The sagittal suture 'divides' the coronal suture in two halves; unilateral meaning that either the right side or the left side ... The general consensus is to perform surgery in late infancy, i.e. between six and twelve months. Within this time frame the ... but only at the ipsilateral side of the head. Ipsilateral indicates the same side of the head as where the suture is ... The orbital asymmetry exists typically of a narrower and taller orbit at the ipsilateral side of the head. The ...
From 1940 until the 1980s, during the worldwide spread of neoliberalism through the Washington Consensus, the Mexican unions ... which provides the basis for agreements as well as a framework for discord between unions on one side and employers or ... In the 1980s, Mexico began adhering to Washington Consensus policies, selling off state industries such as railroad and ...
Side-effects. Conventional treatments are subjected to testing for undesired side-effects, whereas alternative therapies, in ... There is a general scientific consensus that alternative therapies lack the requisite scientific validation, and their ... An exception to the normal thinking regarding side-effects is Homeopathy. Since 1938, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ( ... Treatments for severe diseases such as cancer and HIV infection have well-known, significant side-effects. Even low-risk ...
On 15 January, the Vietnamese reached Sisophon. Pol Pot, Nuon Chea, and Khieu Samphan then moved to Palin on the Thai side ... and typically rejected compromise or attempts to gain a consensus. Short related that "Pol did believe he was acting for ... After Lon Nol deposed Sihanouk in a 1970 coup, Pol Pot's forces sided with the deposed leader against Lon Nol's government, ... A stroke left him paralysed on the left side of his body, and he eventually required daily access to oxygen. He spent ...
... and another side, to the East, in which we get to feel us into Asturian, but there is also a mixed zone, in which, after all, ... The changes have been considered an attempt to build a consensus among major Galician philology trends and represent, in the ...
... societies may have made decisions by communal consensus decision making rather than by appointing permanent rulers such as ...
... tends to stick to one side of B cells, where CD20 is, forming a cap and drawing proteins over to that side. The ... "International Consensus Guidance Statement on the Management and Treatment of IgG4-Related Disease". Arthritis & Rheumatology ... Common side effects, which often occur within two hours of the medication being given, include rash, itchiness, low blood ... side effect is progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) infection, which is usually fatal; however only a very small ...
I don't think there is concensus for the major restructure of the article by User:Partisan1. Have reverted pending further ... which was a Soviet account of the post-war Lithuanian campaigns and the dilemmae the protagonists on both sides felt. Perhaps ...
On the somewhat skeptical side are certain philosophers like Herbert Marcuse and John Zerzan, who believe that technological ... scholarly consensus indicates that Homo erectus had controlled fire by between 500 and 400 ka. Fire, fueled with wood ... to the palace of Knossos on the north side of the island. Unlike the earlier road, the Minoan road was completely paved.[51 ... road leading from the palace of Gortyn on the south side of the island, through the mountains, ...
SOGC Fetal health Surveillance: antepartum and intrapartum Consensus Guideline Archived November 29, 2010, at the Wayback ... humps on either side of deceleration) Category III (Abnormal): Tracing is predictive of abnormal fetal acid-base status at the ... of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada have also published consensus ...
Democrat Party (epithet)
Copperud, Roy H. (1980). American Usage and Style: The Consensus. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold. ISBN 9780442216306.. ... I'd like to begin by saying to my colleague from Texas that there isn't a single member on this side of the aisle that belongs ...
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
On the retail side of the airport, shops and restaurants prepared for the opening. As the airports in Tegel and Schönefeld were ... This so-called consensus decision was later affirmed by the respective state legislatures. The new airport would use some ... Over 10% of passengers are expected to come from Poland, also thanks to upgraded highways on the Polish side of the border ... Additionally, by May 2015 two extensions had been added to both sides of the main check-in area containing 12 more check-in ...
Sides, Blood and Thunder, p. 181. *^ William E. Connelley. A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans, Vol. I. Chicago: Lewis ... By 1860 the Delaware had reached consensus to leave Kansas, which was in accord with the government's Indian removal policy.[68 ... Sides, Hampton, Blood and Thunder: An Epic of the American West, Doubleday (2006), pp. 77-80, 94, 101, hardcover, 462 pages, ... On the west side, the Delaware people The Lenape lived in numerous small towns along the rivers and streams that fed the ...
Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style
There is not a consensus in written or spoken English about whether to add "' " or "'s" as a possessive of a word ending in an ... neatly side-stepping the problem. Dicklyon (talk) 23:30, 10 December 2017 (UTC) Running with your suggestion, the nearly three ... If there's no consensus among English speakers or English style guides, we don't have a chance of imposing one here. ... There's more consensus than there used to be, with Strunk & White since 1979, and CMOS recently coming around. Most wikipedians ...
Joseph C. Keating, Jr. (1997). "Chiropractic: science and antiscience and pseudoscience side by side". Skept Inq. 21 (4): 37-43 ... There is no consensus on the effectiveness of manual therapies for neck pain. A 2013 systematic review found that the data ... No single profession "owns" spinal manipulation and there is little consensus as to which profession should administer SM, ...
There is widespread consensus among scientists that human activity is accelerating the extinction of many animal species ... We can no longer afford to cast nature to the side." ...
The toxicity and many side effects of the drugs, and the uncertain outcome of chemotherapy in brain tumors puts this treatment ... "Brain Tumor Epidemiology: Consensus from the Brain Tumor Epidemiology Consortium (BTEC)". Cancer. 113 (7 Suppl): 1953-68. doi: ... paralysis on one side of the body hemiplegia, or (epileptic) seizures in a patient with a negative history for epilepsy, should ...
The Modena Triptych (1568, tempera on panel, 37 × 23.8 cm (central), 24 × 18 cm (side panels), Galleria Estense, Modena) is a ... Epitomizing the consensus of El Greco's impact, Jimmy Carter, the 39th President of the United States, said in April 1980 that ... There was consensus that the triptych was indeed an early work of El Greco and, therefore, Pallucchini's publication became the ...
... have a bisymmetical corolla (left is mirrored by right, stem-side by out-side, but each quarter is not symmetrical ... The APG III system has recently adopted this last solution, but this may change as a consensus arises on this point. Current ... but stem-side is different from out-side), stipules and mostly palmately divided leaves, and mostly no septum. Capparaceae ... The 2-600 ovules are usually along the side margin of the carpels, or rarely at the top. Fruits are capsules that open with two ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Academic consensus generally follows the FEE account, as formulated by A. Sen (1977) and A. Sen (1981a), in describing the ... was on one side of a cycle of requests for food aid and subsequent refusals from the British War Cabinet that continued through ... Cormac Ó Gráda (2007): "[E]stimates of mortality in Bengal range from 0.8 million to 3.8 million; today the scholarly consensus ...
Presbyterian Church in the United States of America
"New Side", and their conservative opponents, known as the "Old Side". While the Old Side and New Side disagreed over the ... neo-orthodoxy and the closely related biblical theology movement had become the unifying doctrinal consensus within the PCUSA.[ ... By 1758, both sides were ready for reconciliation. Over the years, New Side revivalism had become less radical. At the same ... Main article: Old Side-New Side Controversy. During the 1730s and 1740s, the Presbyterian Church was divided over the impact of ...
Beer Judge Certification Program
The effort was coordinated in a haphazard fashion, mainly through e-mail, but a consensus gradually emerged and the program was ... "This contest beckons brewers who walk on the wild side". Philly.com. Retrieved 2010-05-02.. [dead link ...
Where the parties on either side are very numerous, and cannot, without manifest inconvenience and oppressive delays in the ... With the individual positions varying greatly, a political consensus could not be reached. ...
World Health Assembly
"WHA71 side events: Technical briefings, official side events and other meetings at the Palais des Nations and in town". Geneva ... by consensus) to be Geneva. A current list of members on the Executive Board can be derived through consultation of the WHA # ...
Most of the side effects are transient disappearing within 2 weeks of treatment. Serious fatigue, headache, restlessness, ... "Brazilian consensus on the treatment of fibromyalgia". Rev Bras Reumatol. 50 (1): 56-66. doi:10.1590/S0482-50042010000100006. ... This is sometimes referred to as the 'cheese effect'. These side effects are due to irreversible inhibition of MAO in the gut ... However, the reversible MAOI antidepressants such as moclobemide have a very different side effect profile in this regard. ...
He said he did not wish to be "transformed" by such an award, and did not want to take sides in an East vs. West cultural ...
On the psychoanalytic side, Wilhelm Reich (The Sexual Revolution, Peter Neville-Vision Press, London, 1951, Character Analysis ... Morris played peacemaker but sided with the anti-Parliamentarians, who won control of the League, which consequently lost the ...
Thus, it is on the one side, the study of wealth and on the other and more important side, a part of the study of man. ... Fuller, Dan; Geide-Stevenson, Doris (Fall 2003). "Consensus Among Economists: Revisited". The Journal of Economic Education. 34 ... adjusting in the short run to changes on the demand side or the supply side. This includes standard analysis of the business ... Just as on the demand side, the position of the supply can shift, say from a change in the price of a productive input or a ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
August 22 - Palyam frogmen attached a limpet mine to the side of the British cargo ship Empire Rival, which had been used to ... The consensus gradually formed in Britain that it was time to leave Palestine. Meanwhile, the Irgun launched a new wave of ... On the other side, "The Yishuv perceived the peril of an Arab invasion as threatening its very existence. Having no real ... While the exact contents of the meeting were disputed by both sides, it is known that Lehi suspended its activities for six ...
Death of Caylee Anthony
When court resumed, he chastised both sides, saying both Ashton and Baez had violated his order that neither side should make ... Ken Furton, a professor of chemistry at Florida International University, stated that there is no consensus in the field on ... Although Cindy Anthony testified that Caylee could not put the ladder on the side of the pool and climb up, Baez alleged that ... "That's the only question you need to answer in considering why Caylee Marie Anthony was left on the side of the road dead." ...
FARK.com: (7655330) In a rare moment of bi-partisan consensus, almost all Senators on both sides of the aisle in the US Senate...
Chinese consensus on management of tyrosine kinase inhibitor-associated side effects in gastrointestinal stromal tumors - PubMed
... but their side effects can impact dose intensity and, consequently, the clinical benefit. To date, no guideline or consensus ... Chinese consensus on management of tyrosine kinase inhibitor-associated side effects in gastrointestinal stromal tumors Jian Li ... Chinese consensus on management of tyrosine kinase inhibitor-associated side effects in gastrointestinal stromal tumors Jian Li ... Chinese consensus on management of tyrosine kinase inhibitor-associated side effects in gastrointestinal stromal tumors]. ...
Faculty of Liaison (TNCAHP) Psychiatry Conference 2020
Sclerotherapy Cost, Recovery, Complications & Side Effects
Read about recovery, cost coverage, procedure complications, side effects, and risks. ... Sclerotherapy Side Effects & Complications. In some patients treated with sclerotherapy, dark discoloration of the injected ... Since sclerotherapy is frequently used to treat cosmetic problems, untoward and dangerous side effects ought to be fully ... Sclerotherapy risks, side effects, and complications include hyperpigmentation, temporary swelling, capillary dilation ( ...
Tyrosine: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage, and Warning
... possible side effects, interactions, dosage, user ratings and products that contain Tyrosine ... NIH Consensus Statement. Phenylketonuria: Screening and Management. October 16-18, 2000. Pediatrics 2001;108:972-82. View ... Side Effects. Side Effects & Safety. Tyrosine is LIKELY SAFE when taken by mouth in food amounts. It is POSSIBLY SAFE when ... Stay on the safe side and only use in food amounts.. Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or Graves disease: The body uses ...
Popular Articles & Stories for March 08, 1992 - latimes
Its work has produced a rare consensus of support on both sides. SEBASTIAN ROTELLA, TIMES STAFF WRITER. ... The bright side? Teachers and pupils are refreshed, and discipline problems are at a minimum. LOIS TIMNICK, TIMES STAFF WRITER ... Bush and Clinton Win in S. Carolina : Politics: But President is again dogged by large protest vote on the Republican side. The ... The trade brings benefits to all sides. CHARLENE L. FU, ASSOCIATED PRESS. ...
Chennai Hospital Hostage Drama Settled: Ex-Guyana First Lady And Frontier Lifeline Reach Consensus
Trump Takes Pelosi's Side Against AOC and The Squad as Intraparty Fight Over Immigration Continues | Common Dreams News
Albumin (Human) 20% - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses
The Far Side | Rock Climbing Routes | Rockclimbing.com
Find out details on the rock climbing route named The Far Side, including topos, photos, user reviews, and route info such as ... Consensus Ratings. Difficulty. (Not Rated) Safety Rating. (Not Rated) Exposure. (Not Rated). ... Routes : North America : United States : California : Los Angeles County : Williamson Rock : The Far Side : The Far Side ... The Far Side - 5.10a Average Rating : 0.00 out of 5 Route sequence (left to right): 1 Route Summary , Ascent Notes (6) ...
This Side of Paradise | Rock Climbing Routes | Rockclimbing.com
Find out details on the rock climbing route named This Side of Paradise, including topos, photos, user reviews, and route info ... Consensus Ratings. Difficulty. (Not Rated) Safety Rating. (Not Rated) Exposure. (Not Rated). ... This Side of Paradise - 5.10a Average Rating : 0.00 out of 5 Route sequence (left to right): 1 Route Summary , Ascent Notes (1 ... Routes : North America : United States : California : Santa Barbara County : Kryptor : East Face : This Side of Paradise ...
OPUS 4 | Towards a Unified Testing Framework for Single-Sided Deafness Studies: A Consensus Paper
... and bone conduction devices have been the traditional treatment for single-sided deafness (SSD) and asymmetric hearing loss ( ... Towards a Unified Testing Framework for Single-Sided Deafness Studies: A Consensus Paper. ... Asymmetric hearing loss; Bimodal stimulation; Cochlear implant; Single-sided deafness. DDC classes:. 600 Technik, Medizin, ... and bone conduction devices have been the traditional treatment for single-sided deafness (SSD) and asymmetric hearing loss ( ...
PHENYLALANINE: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews
... possible side effects, interactions, dosage, user ratings and products that contain PHENYLALANINE. ... National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement. Phenylketonuria: Screening and Management https:// ... Side Effects When taken by mouth: L-phenylalanine is LIKELY SAFE for most people when taken in amounts commonly found in foods ... Stay on the safe side and avoid use. Phenylketonuria (PKU) and other conditions that cause high levels of phenylalanine: ...
Epuris (Isotretinoin Capsules): Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Interactions, Warning
... side effects, dosage, drug interactions, warnings, patient labeling, reviews, and related medications including drug comparison ... Report of the consensus conference on acne classification. J Am Acad Dermatol 1991;24:495-500. ... For other possible serious side effects of isotretinoin, see the table: "Serious side effects and what to do about them.:" ... REPORTING SUSPECTED SIDE EFFECTS. You can report any suspected adverse reactions associated with the use of health products to ...
Myorisan - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses
Report of the consensus conference on acne classification. J Am Acad Dermatol 24:495-500, 1991. ... Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or VersaPharm Inc ... Many of the side effects and adverse reactions seen in patients receiving Myorisan are similar to those described in patients ... These side effects include serious birth defects in babies of pregnant patients. [Note: There is a second Patient Information/ ...
Accutane (Isotretinoin): for Acne, Uses, Warnings, Dosage, Side Effects & Interactions
... side effects, dosage, drug interactions, patient labeling, reviews, and related medications including drug comparison and ... Report of the consensus conference on acne classification. J Am Acad Dermatol 24:495-500, 1991. ... Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or Roche at 1-800- ... What are the possible side effects of Accutane (isotretinoin) ?. *Accutane (isotretinoin) can cause birth defects (deformed ...
The Side Project: How Three Guys Used Their Spare Time to Launch a Graphic Novel | Chick-fil-A
We made decisions based on consensus.". Working around their full-time gigs, the team met weekly to flesh out the story and ... The Side Project: How Three Guys Used Their Spare Time to Launch a Graphic Novel. Chick-Fil-A Purcellville ... The Side Project: How Three Guys Used Their Spare Time to Launch a Graphic Novel. Share *Facebook ...
The Stats Are In: No Global Cooling - Universe Today
"Nancy takes the side of the scientific consensus.". So you say. Regardless, she is welcome to take any side but filtering out ... Nancy takes the side of the scientific consensus. How hard is that to understand? Should she start posting articles about how ... Only consensus. To present both sides (which?) as equally valid would be dishonest - indeed that would be propaganda. ... What are you talking about? We want to hear all sides. There is passion on "both" sides and we want to hear all, dont we?.. I ...
After #MeToo, is there still a place for a hug or cheek kiss at work? - The Globe and Mail
Uganda's Opposition Fails to Find Consensus Presidential Candidate | Voice of America - English
A Consensus Statement on Health Care Transitions for Young Adults With Special Health Care Needs | Articles | Pediatrics
West Side Community Health Center. Patricia Thomas. Family Voices. Margaret Turk, MD ... A Consensus Statement on Health Care Transitions for Young Adults With Special Health Care Needs. American Academy of ... This consensus document has now been approved as policy by the boards of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American ... A Consensus Statement on Health Care Transitions for Young Adults With Special Health Care Needs ...
CNN.com - Transcripts
The fact of the matter is, hes working to create bipartisan consensus. Hes working with both sides of the aisle. Hes working ... The two sides have been talking about how much more money it would take to keep it open.. ROBERT WOOD, STATE DEPARTMENT ... The two sides have been squabbling about everything, from missile defense to NATO -- Wolf.. BLITZER: Wow. What a story.. ... Also, difference sides sparring over the plan to fix the economy. Its pitting Republicans like John McCain against Obama ...
Bike Snob NYC: Single Sided and Fully Enclosed: The Inaccessibility of "Bike Culture"
There seems to be consensus there. May 11, 2010 at 7:57 PM ... Steel Single Speed 52cm (20.5 - $150 (east side). Date: 2010-05 ... Snob, I like to think that my 2 and your messenger one that was stolen are all sitting side by side somewhere in some secret ... Snob, we are in intellectual lockstep on many issues, but on the great helmet debate, I have to come down on the other side. No ... So whats the big advantage of having a one-sided fork? That just seems like a really inferior design to a two-bladed one. ...
Consensus on the Development of Vaccines against Naturally Acquired Melioidosis - Volume 21, Number 6-June 2015 - Emerging...
A killed whole-cell vaccine could be considered if it passed phases I, II, and III clinical studies; had minimal side effects; ... Limmathurotsakul D, Dance DA, Wuthiekanun V, Kaestli M, Mayo M, Warner J, Systematic review and consensus guidelines for ... Consensus on the Development of Vaccines against Naturally Acquired Melioidosis On This Page ... Recognizing these problems, our objectives were to assemble an expert group and arrive at consensus opinions and ...
Agile Software Engineering with Visual Studio: From Concept to Continuous Feedback, 2nd Edition | InformIT
Chapter 1: The Agile Consensus 1. The Origins of Agile 1. Agile Emerged to Handle Complexity 2. Empirical Process Models 4. A ... Catching Side Effects 152. Preventing Version Skew 160. Making Work Transparent 168. Summary 169. End Notes 171. ... Agile Consensus in Action 262. The Next Version 263. Product Ownership and Stakeholder Engagement 264. Staying in the Groove ... Development in the Agile Consensus 126. The Sprint Cycle 127. Keeping the Code Base Clean 128. Detecting Programming Errors ...
American Urological Association - Management of Priapism
Recommendations were developed either strictly by consensus or by consensus combined with review of the available, limited data ... Additional tables detailing side effects were developed for some treatments. These results were then summed to provide crude ... Where possible, expert consensus is supplemented with review of limited data. Because the literature review only considered ... The purpose of this guideline is to provide physicians with a consensus of principles and strategies for the management of ...
Management of Bipolar Disorder - American Family Physician
Many of the side effects are dose related. Tolerance can be enhanced by tailoring the dosage to each patients tolerance and ... The Expert Consensus Guideline Series. J Clin Psychiatry. 1996;57(suppl 12A):3-88. ... Many of the side effects are dose related. Tolerance can be enhanced by tailoring the dosage to each patients tolerance and ... Starting and Maintenance Dosages of Lithium, Valproic Acid and Carbamazepine and Common Side Effects. Initial dosing strategy* ...
Call For A Senate Finance Committee Hearings On Statin Side Effects - Share The Wealth
Consensus. Islanda, quando il popolo sconfigge leconomia globale.. Il Giorno Fuori dal Tempo, Il significato energetico del 25 ... Call For A Senate Finance Committee Hearings On Statin Side Effects. This and Health Supreme blogs have already had 100s and ... In addition, many statin users have to stop working due to their side effects and are placed on disability an additional cost ... I, consequently, urge the Senate Finance Committee to hold hearings to thoroughly explore the testing, marketing, use and side ...
Pfizer Sued in California: Covering up Zoloft Side Effects - Health Supreme
Consensus. Islanda, quando il popolo sconfigge leconomia globale.. Il Giorno Fuori dal Tempo, Il significato energetico del 25 ... Lipitor: Side Effects And Natural Remedy. AIDS: No Gold Standard For HIV Testing. Lipitor: Side Effects And Natural Remedy. ... Antidepressant withdrawal is a VERY slow process - due to the debilitating side effects of withdrawal itself. The side effects ... i had bad side effects from the drug zoloft so i quit taking it and the withdrawal from it was horrible. Please contact me with ...
- From the Business Dictionary: Consensus: Middle ground in decision making, between total assent and total disagreement. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- 6 He adds that, in contrast to "a pallid consensus, a vigorous disagreement between experts would provide decision-makers with well-reasoned alternatives that inform and enrich discussions as a controversy evolves, keeping ideas in play and options open. (creation.com)
- Although consensus reports are the "bedrock of science-based policy-making", the fact is that "disagreement and arguments are more useful" for scientific advancement. (creation.com)
- As former deputy secretary-general of ARATS Li Qingping (李慶平) claims, the PRC showed no signs of disagreement about the consensus after December 1992, but it started opposing it in June, 1995. (taipeitimes.com)
- The committee will author a consensus report with conclusions on the evidence bearing on causality and the evidence regarding the biological mechanisms that underlie specific theories for how a specific vaccine is related to a specific adverse event. (ageofautism.com)
- Reasons why incorrect conclusions become consensus science include failure to carefully follow standard science research protocol, such as strictly adhering to proper research procedures, and lack of replication. (creation.com)
- Since sclerotherapy is frequently used to treat cosmetic problems, untoward and dangerous side effects ought to be fully explained to the patient. (medicinenet.com)
- Probiotics' side effects, if they occur, tend to be mild and digestive (such as gas or bloating). (medicinenet.com)
- Because of significant side effects associated with its use, EPURIS® should be reserved for patients where the conditions listed above are unresponsive to conventional first line therapies. (rxlist.com)
- It is strongly recommended that each EPURIS® prescription be limited to a one-month supply in order to encourage patients to return for follow-up to monitor side-effects. (rxlist.com)
- Side effects will be evaluated and noted. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- This and Health Supreme blogs have already had 100s and continue to, just about daily, get comments regarding major side effects from Statin drugs . (newmediaexplorer.org)
- Without regard to the actual benefit (or lack thereof) and side effects they cause, cholesterol lowering prescription drugs, also known as statins, have become hugely popular and the best selling drug for pharmaceutical companies. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- We now are learning that statins cause dangerous and permanent side effects including memory loss, amnesia, neuropathy and depression, among others. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- None of these side effects are included in the statin manufacturers' warnings. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- Aside from the fact that the majority of the money spent on statins is paid by the U.S. Government, a significant number of persons taking statins suffer from side effects that result in additional medicines being paid for by the U.S. Government such as pain killers and anti-depressants. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- In addition, many statin users have to stop working due to their side effects and are placed on disability an additional cost to the U.S. Government, insurers and employers. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- I, consequently, urge the Senate Finance Committee to hold hearings to thoroughly explore the testing, marketing, use and side effects of the cholesterol-lowering drugs. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- While no more effective than placebo - the drug is showing serious side effects, inducing violent and suicidal behaviour in many of those who take it. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- LOS ANGELES - A California woman is suing Pfizer Inc., claiming the drug maker mislead physicians and patients about the safety, effectiveness and side effects of the anti-depressant drug Zoloft. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- The 19-page complaint, filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, contends that Pfizer buried evidence showing the drug was no more effective than a placebo and its users tended to develop an array of side effects, including withdrawal symptoms, dependency, convulsions and psychosis. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- Many Pfizer studies not only failed to demonstrate that Zoloft is efficacious, they clearly demonstrated that Zoloft is associated with serious, severe and sometimes fatal side effects," the suit claimed. (newmediaexplorer.org)
- Also, are there any side effects? (healingwell.com)
- However, aside from gas, there are no side effects from probiotics. (healingwell.com)
- and Toxic side effects due to repeated antibiotic therapy was addressed. (wiley.com)
- Side Effects, Interactions, Warning! (northfloridaequine.com)
- Analysing big data to predict men's risk of side effects could help personalise radiotherapy treatment for prostate cancer, according to new research* presented at the National Cancer Research Institute's (NCRI) Cancer Conference in Liverpool, today (Tuesday). (ncri.org.uk)
- Researchers in this study*** used state-of-the-art artificial intelligence to highlight which information might predict sensitivity to the side effects of prostate radiotherapy. (ncri.org.uk)
- At the moment there is no way to adjust doses of radiotherapy according to how sensitive a patient might be to the side effects. (ncri.org.uk)
- This means that while some men are receiving too much and suffering side effects, some are given too little and this compromises the chances of successful treatment. (ncri.org.uk)
- Side effects include bowel, urinary and sexual dysfunction and can be difficult for patients to tolerate and can persist after treatment. (ncri.org.uk)
- For the first time, we can now look at the full complexity of a patient's genetics, medical history and treatment, to predict if they are at risk of side effects. (ncri.org.uk)
- We hope that our method can be used to personalise radiotherapy for patients based on this risk, improving the chances of a cure and also minimising the side effects suffered. (ncri.org.uk)
- Unfortunately some patients who have radiotherapy will suffer long term side effects and for a minority these can be irreversible, progressive and debilitating. (ncri.org.uk)
- With more patients surviving their cancer than ever, it's absolutely essential to find treatments that are both effective and minimise side effects, so that more patients can also enjoy a better quality of life. (ncri.org.uk)
- Consensus decision-making is thus concerned with the process of reaching a consensus decision, and the social and political effects of using this process. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- Omega-3 with higher ratio of EPA/DHA (≥1.5) had significant efficacy both in mild-to-moderate pregnant and postpartum depression with low incidence of side effects. (nature.com)
- Almost all of pregnant women refuse to take medications with fear of potential side effects on offspring, for example major cardiovascular malformations and poor neonatal adaptation syndromes 11 . (nature.com)
- Can probiotics cause side effects? (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Taking probiotics can provide a range of benefits, but it can also cause side effects. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- However, these side effects usually clear up within a few days or weeks of taking the probiotics. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Background: Concerns still exist with respect to unsatisfactory eradication rates and/or therapy-associated side effects for the use of standard triple therapy in the treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection, which prompts considerable interest in new therapy. (scirp.org)
- We systematically reviewed the literature to investigate whether Lactobacillus GG as supplementation to standard triple therapy could improve H. pylori eradication rates and/or reduce therapy-associated side effects. (scirp.org)
- Conclusion: Current evidence indicates that Lactobacillus GG administered along with standard triple therapy is a feasible way to reduce therapy-related side effects, particularly diarrhea, bloating, and taste disturbance. (scirp.org)
- Shakya, S. , Zhang, G. , Hu, H. and Li, Z. (2015) Lactobacillus GG Supplementation on Anti- Helicobacter pylori Therapy-Related Side Effects and Eradication Rates: A Meta-Analysis. (scirp.org)
- Dang, Y., Reinhardt, J.D., Zhou, X. and Zhang, G. (2014) The Effect of Probiotics Supplementation on Helicobacter pylori Eradication Rates and Side Effects during Eradication Therapy: A Meta-Analysis. (scirp.org)
- This policy statement represents a consensus on the critical first steps that the medical profession needs to take to realize the vision of a family-centered, continuous, comprehensive, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally competent health care system that is as developmentally appropriate as it is technically sophisticated. (aappublications.org)
- It's been already 1 year since The Rome Consensus 2.0 statement was launched at the 63rd CND, during which it has been positively endorsed by the UNODC, WHO, and the Italian Government. (redcrossredcrescent.com)
- Each practice guideline, representing a policy statement by the EANM, has undergone a thorough consensus process in which it has been subjected to extensive review. (springer.com)
- The declaration voted on today is a weak, nonbinding political statement that does not reflect anything approaching consensus within the General Assembly nor will it affect the United Kingdom's strong support of stem cell research,' Britain's U.N. Ambassador Emyr Jones Parry said. (wired.com)
- Instead, they began working toward the nonbinding political statement, hoping to achieve broad consensus. (wired.com)
- The panel then met in executive session to consider the comments received, and released a revised statement later that day at http://consensus.nih.gov . (nih.gov)
- A final copy of this statement is available, along with other recent conference statements, at the same web address of http://consensus.nih.gov . (nih.gov)
- This led to an important, widely distributed NIH Consensus Statement that, for several years, defined the standard of care. (nih.gov)
- This conference was convened with the aim of reviewing the most recent developments regarding management, treatment options, and the widening spectrum of potential candidates for treatment and of updating the 1997 Consensus Statement. (nih.gov)
- Problems of antibiotic therapy at home and in the hospital were addressed, a consensus statement on regular maintenance treatment, or treatment on demand, was given and different routes of administration of antibiotics were recommended for different clinical situations. (wiley.com)
- Read the CM-Path consensus statement on 'What is the role of pathologists in the implementation of liquid biopsy technologies? (ncri.org.uk)
- 70% of respondents had to agree to a statement for it to be accepted as consensus or agreement. (edu.au)
- 1 A typical example of the consensus claim is a statement by the National Academy of Science that "The scientific consensus around [Darwinian] evolution is overwhelming", and, therefore, ideas that oppose it are properly censored. (creation.com)
- In fact, "one China, with each side having its own interpretation" is not something that Beijing will support because the statement itself implies that there are two or more interpretations of the "one China" issue. (taipeitimes.com)
- You and I were on different sides when you said that doing science wasn't enough and scientists needed to become activists. (scienceblogs.com)
- Science achieves a consensus when scientists stop arguing. (skepticalscience.com)
- Scientists change their minds on the basis of the evidence, and a consensus emerges over time. (skepticalscience.com)
- In the scientific field of climate studies - which is informed by many different disciplines - the consensus is demonstrated by the number of scientists who have stopped arguing about what is causing climate change - and that's nearly all of them. (skepticalscience.com)
- 1) Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it's somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change , with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists. (skepticalscience.com)
- most people defer to the expert consensus of climate scientists. (skepticalscience.com)
- A great deal has already been said on this website regarding the CAGW campaigners' obsession with the supposed 97% consensus amongst scientists. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- It seems to be indeed "a Bolshevik plot"… Although I do not contest that many scientists and non-scientists on the AGW side are honest believers. (skepticalscience.com)
- Daniel Sarewitz, director of the Consortium for Science at Arizona State University, arguing that consensus science actually hurts science, wrote that "When scientists wish to speak with one voice, they typically do so in a most unscientific way: the consensus report. (creation.com)
- Should Anti-EGFR Agents Be Used in Right-Sided RAS Wild-type Advanced Colorectal Cancer? (springer.com)
- Colon cancer arising on the left side versus the right side of the colon portrays different outcomes, emerging PTL as an important characteristic in understanding the outcomes for patients with colorectal cancer. (springer.com)
- Although no benefit in overall survival (OS) has been demonstrated, available data up to now can endorse the use of an anti-EGFR in right-sided RAS wild-type advanced colorectal cancer if the therapy goal is tumor shrinkage (given the higher objective response rate). (springer.com)
- ESMO consensus guidelines for the management of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. (springer.com)
- Right-sided colon cancer and left-sided colorectal cancers respond differently to cetuximab. (springer.com)
- Patients with right-sided tumors have a worse prognosis than those with left-sided tumors. (springer.com)
- Location of colon cancer (right-sided versus left-sided) as a prognostic factor and predictor of benefit from cetuximab in NCIC CO.17. (springer.com)
- There is a great necessity to improve our understanding of the molecular and histological variability in left versus right-sided colon cancer and its impact on future targeted therapy. (springer.com)
- Our findings do require further validation and, subject to this, may support considering earlier use of SIRT for mCRC patients with liver-only or liver-dominant metastases from right-sided primary tumours. (newswire.ca)
- No consensus among clinicians has been reached so far concerning antibiotic treatment against P. aeruginosa in CF patients. (wiley.com)
- A clinical protocol was developed from the resultant consensus statements which provides clinicians with a series of evidenced-informed statements to better guide them on when, how and why FOs are used specific to this population. (edu.au)
- Round One gathered consensus on the diagnosis and intervention into paediatric pes planus with specific questions on types of FOs and prescription variables used. (edu.au)
- Consensus and agreement was achieved for 83 statements directing the diagnosis of pes planus (using FPI-6 and/or rearfoot measures), common signs and symptoms (e.g., pain, fatigue, abnormal gait and other functional concerns) that direct when to intervene into paediatric flexible pes planus. (edu.au)
- This study identified consensus and agreement on a series of diagnosis methods and interventions for the paediatric flexible pes planus. (edu.au)
- Also, what is the general consensus regarding colon cleansing? (healingwell.com)
- This striking and essentially unexpected finding may bring new hope to mCRC patients with liver-only or liver-dominant tumours that have spread from the right side of the bowel or colon. (newswire.ca)
- These cancers are genetically and structurally different from tumours that start on the left side of the colon. (newswire.ca)
- Authors of seven climate consensus studies - including Naomi Oreskes , Peter Doran , William Anderegg , Bart Verheggen , Ed Maibach , J. Stuart Carlton , and John Cook - co-authored a paper that should settle this question once and for all. (skepticalscience.com)
- 2) The greater the climate expertise among those surveyed, the higher the consensus on human-caused global warming. (skepticalscience.com)
- There's a strong correlation between consensus and climate science expertise. (skepticalscience.com)
- Public perception of the scientific consensus has been found to be a gateway belief, affecting other climate beliefs and attitudes including policy support. (skepticalscience.com)
- That's why those who oppose taking action to curb climate change have engaged in a misinformation campaign to deny the existence of the expert consensus. (skepticalscience.com)
- Recognizing the difficulties with phenylalanine restricted diet, an NIH Consensus Conference on PKU held in 1999, encouraged exploring different modalities for treating PKU, and BH4 is among these modalities. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Nancy takes the side of the scientific consensus. (universetoday.com)
- Scientific consensus on human-caused global warming as compared to the expertise of the surveyed sample. (skepticalscience.com)
- consensus, cannot be applied to scientific fact. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- AGW proponents are constantly banging on about the consensus of scientific opinion, implying that AGW is real. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- As it explains, " The degree of agreement is a measure of the consensus across the scientific community on a given topic . (wattsupwiththat.com)
- A review of the problems caused by consensus science indicates that, as a whole, it harms scientific progress because wrong ideas become established that impede the research required to determine the actual situation. (creation.com)
- Louis Pasteur fought against the scientific consensus of his day. (creation.com)
- Anthropology professor Cameron Smith also has equated scientific consensus with unimpeachable fact: "There is consensus among the scientific community that Darwinian evolution does occur [and] that it is a fact", not a theory. (creation.com)
- 4 Furthermore, the distinguished Swiss Catholic theologian Hans Küng opined, "A theologian should not cast doubt on a scientific consensus, but see how he can deal with it", by which he means the theologian must conform theology to the current scientific consensus. (creation.com)
- Furthermore, another problem is that the scientific consensus claim "creates a public expectation of infallibility that, if undermined, can erode public confidence [in science]. (creation.com)
- Unfortunately, as co-blogger David Kopel points out , it seems more such debunking is needed, as some are still trying to peddle the myth of an expert consensus on this issue. (volokh.com)
- It is PBS's duty to report both sides of that controversy. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- 2012) Management of Helicobacter pylori Infection-The Maastricht IV/ Florence Consensus Report. (scirp.org)
- Finally, The advocacy roles are dropped by the students and a consensus report is generated addressing the original question posed. (wikipedia.org)
- Where possible, expert consensus is supplemented with review of limited data. (auanet.org)
- Insomnia targets the thoughts patient populations below consideration, expert consensus. (amazonaws.com)
- Expert consensus is a powerful thing. (skepticalscience.com)
- Taking control of Carroll's future No sense in hiring outside expert when local consensus must come first. (baltimoresun.com)
- Let me reiterate what is already known to most experts, but may not be clear to some in the media and the general public: There is not and never has been an expert consensus on this issue. (volokh.com)
- Thus, neither side can "win" the debate simply by citing supposedly monolithic expert authority. (volokh.com)
- In March 1997, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) held a Consensus Development Conference regarding management and treatment of HCV infection. (nih.gov)
- This NIH Consensus Development Conference on Management of Hepatitis C: 2002 was held June 10&endash;12, 2002. (nih.gov)
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) provided support to the NIH Consensus Development Conference on Management of Hepatitis C: 2002 through its Evidence-based Practice Center program. (nih.gov)
- During the first day-and-a-half of the conference, experts presented the latest hepatitis C research findings to an independent non-Federal Consensus Development Panel. (nih.gov)
- Special Consensus tours frequently across the U.S. Every other year, the band has also toured Ireland and the United Kingdom, through at least 2017. (wikipedia.org)
- Consensus is defined by Merriam-Webster as, first, general agreement, and second, group solidarity of belief or sentiment. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- Such a misunderstanding is perhaps to be expected amongst journalists, politicians and activists who are just looking for an authoritative endorsement of their views, but it is all the more shocking to see that the IPCC also holds to the belief that consensus can manufacture truth. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- One could not hope for a clearer enunciation of the belief that consensus is a legitimate dimension when assessing confidence (which here substitutes for uncertainty). (wattsupwiththat.com)
- 2 sides still at odds over growth rules Commissioners. (baltimoresun.com)
- This consensus document has now been approved as policy by the boards of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Family Physicians, and the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine. (aappublications.org)
- The purpose of this guideline is to provide physicians with a consensus of principles and strategies for the management of priapism based on the current state of both clinical practice and the medical literature. (auanet.org)
- The consensus algorithm for the medical management of type 2 diabetes was published in August 2006 with the expectation that it would be updated, based on the availability of new interventions and new evidence to establish their clinical role. (diabetesjournals.org)
- We developed the following consensus approach to the management of hyperglycemia in the nonpregnant adult to help guide health care providers in choosing the most appropriate interventions for their patients with type 2 diabetes. (diabetesjournals.org)
- BEFORE THE Carroll County commissioners pay $250,000 to land-use guru Robert Freilich to develop a growth management plan, they ought to develop the political consensus that will be absolutely necessary to really control Carroll's residential development. (baltimoresun.com)
- Some of them get a vote but some that are more important than others and Bernanke is leading consensus and that consensus is saying we are gonna keep rates on hold for the time being. (reuters.com)
- Consensus answers to 24 important questions in this context, based on current evidence, are presented, given by a panel of 34 European experts. (wiley.com)
- Both sides have reached important consensus on trade, investment, education and people-to-people exchanges," said Li. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- LEGANES, Spain (Reuters) -A youthful Spain side outclassed Lithuania to claim an impressive 4-0 victory on Tuesday, with the hosts' under-21 side drafted in after their first team were forced into isolation. (yahoo.com)
- April 25 - The Fed economic projections show a strong consensus that the Fed won't move till 2014 at the earliest, says Reuters Columnist James Saft. (reuters.com)
- It is a technique and a way discovered and designed especially for students to get engaged in a controversy and then guide them to seek consensus. (wikipedia.org)
- Authors of a 2018 review found that two study participants who took probiotics to treat IBS reported an itchy rash as a side effect. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- The current DPP government prefers simply to call it "the spirit of 1992," rather than acknowledge it as a consensus. (taipeitimes.com)
- For some reason, you only provide readers with one side of the issue. (universetoday.com)
- The point of a debate is to lay out your case, to successfully interpret facts and contentions that both sides are aware of (even if you don't agree with their validity), and to identify which observations, measurements, and experiments could decide the issue in either direction. (scienceblogs.com)
- What are the requirements for coming to a consensus with Russia on this issue? (europa.eu)
- Evaluating strengths and weaknesses on both sides of an issue. (wikipedia.org)
- Consensus depends on participants having shared values and goals, and on having broad agreement on specific issues and overall direction. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- From Wikipedia:Consensus decision-making is a group decision making process that seeks the consent, not necessarily agreement about the "favorite" choice of all participants. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- According to this document, the new Taiwanese government will fail to pander to all Beijing's wishes even though it clings to the 1992 consensus again. (taipeitimes.com)
- 6 The problem, he notes, is that "the process of achieving such a consensus often acts against … [science], and can undermine the very authority it seeks to protect", namely the authority of science. (creation.com)
- 6 A disparity also exists between real consensus and a consensus cobbled together by surveys of biased samples, such as faculty at elite universities, often for political or social goals. (creation.com)
- Citing the consensus view of academics or other experts isn't going to cut it, for the simple reason that no such consensus exists. (volokh.com)
- BACKGROUND: While hearing aids for a contralateral routing of signals (CROS-HA) and bone conduction devices have been the traditional treatment for single-sided deafness (SSD) and asymmetric hearing loss (AHL), in recent years, cochlear implants (CIs) have increasingly become a viable treatment choice, particularly in countries where regulatory approval and reimbursement schemes are in place. (hs-offenburg.de)
- Colonoscopy bloody diarrhea is discussed in the development of this syndrome on of side effect viagra women. (goodbelly.com)