Vitex: A genus of trees in the Lamiaceae family containing assorted flavonoids with possible analgesic and antineoplastic properties. The fruit of these trees is used in herbal preparations.Mastodynia: Pain in the breast generally classified as cyclical (associated with menstrual periods), or noncyclical, i.e. originating from the breast or nearby muscles or joints, ranging from minor discomfort to severely incapacitating.Premenstrual Syndrome: A combination of distressing physical, psychologic, or behavioral changes that occur during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. Symptoms of PMS are diverse (such as pain, water-retention, anxiety, cravings, and depression) and they diminish markedly 2 or 3 days after the initiation of menses.Phytotherapy: Use of plants or herbs to treat diseases or to alleviate pain.Plant Extracts: Concentrated pharmaceutical preparations of plants obtained by removing active constituents with a suitable solvent, which is evaporated away, and adjusting the residue to a prescribed standard.Hydrangea: A plant genus of the family HYDRANGEACEAE. Members contain hydrangenol, thunberginols, hydramacrosides A and B, and secoiridoid glucosides.Gardenia: A plant genus of the family RUBIACEAE. Members contain genepin, from which geniposide is obtained for use as a crosslinking agent in ADHESIVES, and 3-caffeoyl-4-sinapoylquinic acid.Butterflies: Slender-bodies diurnal insects having large, broad wings often strikingly colored and patterned.Mycoplasmatales: An order of highly pleomorphic, gram-negative bacteria including both pathogenic and saprophytic species.Iridoids: A type of MONOTERPENES, derived from geraniol. They have the general form of cyclopentanopyran, but in some cases, one of the rings is broken as in the case of secoiridoid. They are different from the similarly named iridals (TRITERPENES).Spirostans: Cholestane derivatives containing a fused lactone ring at the 16,17-position and a spiroglycosidic linkage at C-22. Members include sarsaponin, DIOSGENIN and yamogenin.Iridoid Glycosides: A subclass of iridoid compounds that include a glycoside moiety, usually found at the C-1 position.DelawareWater Loss, Insensible: Loss of water by diffusion through the skin and by evaporation from the respiratory tract.Water: A clear, odorless, tasteless liquid that is essential for most animal and plant life and is an excellent solvent for many substances. The chemical formula is hydrogen oxide (H2O). (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Plants, Genetically Modified: PLANTS, or their progeny, whose GENOME has been altered by GENETIC ENGINEERING.Conservation of Natural Resources: The protection, preservation, restoration, and rational use of all resources in the total environment.Plant Leaves: Expanded structures, usually green, of vascular plants, characteristically consisting of a bladelike expansion attached to a stem, and functioning as the principal organ of photosynthesis and transpiration. (American Heritage Dictionary, 2d ed)Plant Proteins: Proteins found in plants (flowers, herbs, shrubs, trees, etc.). The concept does not include proteins found in vegetables for which VEGETABLE PROTEINS is available.Coniferophyta: A plant division of GYMNOSPERMS consisting of cone-bearing trees and shrubs.Cupressaceae: A plant family of the order Pinales, class Pinopsida, division Coniferophyta (conifers). They are mainly resinous, aromatic evergreen trees.Ocotea: A plant genus in the LAURACEAE family. The common name of stinkwood is also used for Zieria (RUTACEAE).Encyclopedias as Topic: Works containing information articles on subjects in every field of knowledge, usually arranged in alphabetical order, or a similar work limited to a special field or subject. (From The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)Genome Components: The parts of a GENOME sequence that are involved with the different functions or properties of genomes as a whole as opposed to those of individual GENES.New Caledonia: A group of islands in Melanesia constituting a French overseas territory. The group includes New Caledonia (the main island), Ile des Pins, Loyalty Island, and several other islet groups. The capital is Noumea. It was discovered by Captain Cook in 1774 and visited by various navigators, explorers, and traders from 1792 to 1840. Occupied by the French in 1853, it was set up as a penal colony 1864-94. In 1946 it was made a French overseas territory. It was named by Captain Cook with the 5th and 6th century A.D. Latin name for Scotland, Caledonia. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p830 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p375)Melanesia: The collective name for the islands of the Pacific Ocean northeast of Australia, including NEW CALEDONIA; VANUATU; New Hebrides, Solomon Islands, Admiralty Islands, Bismarck Archipelago, FIJI, etc. Melanesia (from the Greek melas, black + nesos, island) is so called from the black color of the natives who are generally considered to be descended originally from the Negroid Papuans and the Polynesians or Malays. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p748 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p344)Verbena: A plant genus of the family VERBENACEAE. Members contain verbenachalcone (dimeric dihydrochalcone), iridoids, and phenylethanoids.Manipulation, Osteopathic: Musculoskeletal manipulation based on the principles of OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE developed in 1874 by Dr Andrew Taylor Still.Flowers: The reproductive organs of plants.Verbenaceae: A plant family of the order Lamiales, subclass Asteridae, class Magnoliopsida. The leaves are opposite or whorled. The flowers are aggregated in spikes, clusters, or racemes.Plant Components, Aerial: The above-ground plant without the roots.Pollination: The transfer of POLLEN grains (male gametes) to the plant ovule (female gamete).Fertilizers: Substances or mixtures that are added to the soil to supply nutrients or to make available nutrients already present in the soil, in order to increase plant growth and productivity.Holidays: Days commemorating events. Holidays also include vacation periods.Soil: The unconsolidated mineral or organic matter on the surface of the earth that serves as a natural medium for the growth of land plants.Water Deprivation: The withholding of water in a structured experimental situation.Anniversaries and Special Events: Occasions to commemorate an event or occasions designated for a specific purpose.History, 20th Century: Time period from 1901 through 2000 of the common era.Orchiopexy: A surgical procedure in which an undescended testicle is sutured inside the SCROTUM in male infants or children to correct CRYPTORCHIDISM. Orchiopexy is also performed to treat TESTICULAR TORSION in adults and adolescents.Aloe: A plant genus of the family Aloeaceae, order Liliales (or Asphodelaceae, Asparagales in APG system) which is used medicinally. It contains anthraquinone glycosides such as aloin-emodin or aloe-emodin (EMODIN).Serenoa: A plant genus in the family ARECACEAE, order Arecales, subclass Arecidae. The fruit or the extract (Permixon) is used for PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA.Biography as Topic: A written account of a person's life and the branch of literature concerned with the lives of people. (Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed)BiographyBooks, Illustrated: Books containing photographs, prints, drawings, portraits, plates, diagrams, facsimiles, maps, tables, or other representations or systematic arrangement of data designed to elucidate or decorate its contents. (From The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983, p114)EncyclopediasHistory, 19th Century: Time period from 1801 through 1900 of the common era.Internet: A loose confederation of computer communication networks around the world. The networks that make up the Internet are connected through several backbone networks. The Internet grew out of the US Government ARPAnet project and was designed to facilitate information exchange.Climate Change: Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.Climate: The longterm manifestations of WEATHER. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Plant Roots: The usually underground portions of a plant that serve as support, store food, and through which water and mineral nutrients enter the plant. (From American Heritage Dictionary, 1982; Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)Genes, Plant: The functional hereditary units of PLANTS.
Cunningham named it Vitex littoralis, correctly assigning it to the Vitex genus but overlooking that littoralis had been used ... Despatch box A.L. Poole & Nancy M. Adams (1994) Trees and shrubs of New Zealand. J.T. Salmon (1991) Native New Zealand ... Puriri (Vitex lucens) is an evergreen tree endemic to New Zealand. Puriri was first collected (by Europeans) at Tolaga Bay by ... A. Eagles (1986) Trees and shrubs of New Zealand; Volume one revised. R. Taylor (1848) Names and properties of the principal ...
While Imperata decreases, the percentage of shrubs and young trees clearly increases with time. In the burned plots, Melastoma ... malabathricum, Eupatorium inulaefolium, Ficus sp., and Vitex pinnata. strongly increase with the age of regeneration, but these ... shrubs will emerge along with small pine, oak, and hickory trees. These organisms are called intermediate species. Eventually, ...
Vitex sp.), umburana or northeastern cumaru (Amburana cearensis), white jurema (Mimosa sp.), among many other creeping and ... Is characterized by the predominance of shrubs and/or herbaceous plants, precisely in the mountainous summits of the mountains ... shrub plant. Although the municipality has small forest islands called Riparian Forests, often located on the banks of the ...
Shrubs include Coccoloba ovata, Eugenia inundata, Ruprechtia ternifolia and Symmeria paniculata. Slightly higher up there are ... Vitex cymosa). Grasses in the canarana areas include Echinochloa and Hymenachne species, with tall grasses along the river ...
... shrubs, and trees. Their apparent preference for hilly terrain may be partly due to the earlier conversion of most of the ... Vitex negundo). In summer, they also feed on bark of teak (Tectona grandis), on fruit of golden shower tree (Cassia fistula), ... but also browse on leaves of shrub species such as karvy (Strobilanthes callosus), Indian boxwood (Gardenia latifolia), mallow- ...
Vitex lucens) on basalt rocks and soils. Beilschmiedia is a genus of about 40 mainly tropical trees and shrubs with alternate ... erect plum-like dark purple fruits distinguish it from all other indigenous trees and shrubs of New Zealand. Taraire is one of ...
Vitex negundo, and Distylium racemosum shrubs Deciduous trees and shrubs: Quercus, Liquidambar formosana, Pyracantha fortuneana ... Vitex negundo, and Ulmaceae Bamboo forests: Phyllostachys heteroclada and Sinoca lamusaffinis Protected plants include Ginkgo ...
The mountain consists of soaring and lofty trees of Mesua ferrea, Bischofia javanica, Vitex Altissima to smaller trees of ... Dillini a species of festooning climber, shrubs, valuable herbs, variety of orchids, two types of canes and many indigenous ...
Vitex altissima to smaller trees of Dillini a species festooning climber, shrubs, valuable herbs, variety of orchids, two types ... The district also has a huge forest cover, accommodating a wide variety of plants, trees, and shrubs. Commercial varieties ...
Trees and shrubs - including Bupleurum fruticosum, Ceratonia siliqua, Chamaerops humilis, Cistus creticus, Dracaena draco, ... and Vitex agnus-castus. Exotic species - including Agathis australis, Agave americana, Ceratozamia mexicana, Eriobotrya ...
... is a genus of shrubs and trees, from 1 to 35m tall. Some species have whitish bark that is characteristically furrowed. ... Vitex ajugaeflora Vitex altissima Vitex amaniensis Vitex capitata Vitex chrysocarpa Vitex cofassus Vitex cooperi Vitex cymosa ... koronfinfin Vitex evoluta Vitex gaumeri Vitex gigantea Vitex heptaphylla Vitex keniensis - Meru oak Vitex kuylenii Vitex ... Molave tree Vitex peduncularis Vitex pinnata Vitex quinata Vitex rotundifolia - Beach vitex Vitex triflora Vitex trifolia - ...
... , the simpleleaf chastetree, is a large coastal shrub or small tree. Vitex trifolia is a large coastal shrub or ... Vitex trifolia is naturally found along coastlines from tropical East Africa as far east as French Polynesia. The leaves are ... Vitex trifolia, Dr. K.M. Nadkarni's Indian Materia Medica, by A.K. Nadkarni, Popular Prakashan, Bombay, 1976, pp: 1281-2. ... "GRIN Species Records of Vitex". Germplasm Resources Information Network. United States Department of Agriculture. Retrieved ...
V. rotundifolia is a sprawling shrub that can grow as tall as 1.5 m though it typically ranges from 0.5 to 1 m in height. As a ... Vitex rotundifolia, the roundleaf chastetree or beach vitex is a species of Vitex that is native to seashores throughout the ... Species Profile- Beach Vitex (Vitex rotundifolia), National Invasive Species Information Center, United States National ... Cousins, M.M.; J. Briggs; C. Gresham; J. Whetstone; T. Whitwell (2010). "Beach Vitex (Vitex rotundifolia): An Invasive Coastal ...
... , commonly known as the Chinese chastetree, five-leaved chaste tree, or horseshoe vitex, is a large aromatic shrub ... Vitex negundo is an erect shrub or small tree growing from 2 to 8 m (6.6 to 26.2 ft) in height. The bark is reddish brown. Its ... Vitex negundo Linn. Fact Sheet (PDF). Bureau of Plant Industry, Department of Agriculture, Republic of the Philippines. "Vitex ... Vitex negunda in Dr. K. M. Madkarni's Indian Materia Medica; Edited by A. K. Nadkarni, Popular Prakashan, Bombay, 1976, pp: ...
... is a tree shrub of the Caribbean native to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Its Spanish vernacular names ... Vitex divaricata Sw. Tropicos.org Retrieved 22 August 2013. Vitex divaricata Sw. ITIS Report. Taxonomic Serial No.: 32224. ... "Vitex divaricata Sw". World Checklist of Selected Plant Families (WCSP). Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Retrieved 18 August 2013 ... Vitex divaricata Sw.; higuerillo. USDA. Natural Resources Conservation Service. Plants Database. Retrieved 22 August 2013. ...
Garden Shrubs and Their Histories  1992, s.v. "Vitex"). Chaanin A. 2014. "Der kontrollierte Anbau von Vitex agnus- ... Vitex is a cross-pollinating plant, but its self-pollination has been recorded. Vitex, its name in Pliny the Elder, is derived ... Vitex agnus-castus, also called vitex, chaste tree, chasteberry, Abraham's balm, lilac chastetree, or monk's pepper, is a ... The most common names are chaste tree, vitex, and monk's pepper. Vitex agnus-castus is widely cultivated in warm temperate and ...
Vitex vivifera; Lathyrus grandiflorus; Erica arborea; and Juncus on the slopes of the north. In moister areas are to be found ... with broad-leaved trees and shrubs: Ulmus campestris, Acer sempervirens, Fraxinus ornus, Castanea sativa, Tilia platyphyllos, ...
... pigeon berry Vitex - chaste trees Vitex agnus-castus - chaste tree. ... The following is a list of widely known trees and shrubs. Taxonomic families for the following trees and shrubs are listed in ... heath trees and shrubs Erica arborea - tree heath Kalmia - kalmia shrubs Kalmia latifolia - mountain laurel Lyonia - lyonia ... franklinia shrubs Franklinia alatamaba - franklinia Gordonia - gordonia shrubs Gordonia lasianthus - loblolly bay; red bay ...
Many native species have been replaced with creosote shrubs. The most common desert flora in the state includes: Agave, Larrea ... Vitex, Tabebuia, Sideroxylon, Cordia, Fouquieria, Pithecellobium. The state is home to one of the largest variation species of ...
Clerodendrum serratum) Gmelina arborea - I Tectona grandis - I Vitex altissima - N Vitex leucoxylon - N Vitex negundo - N Vitex ... The common trees and shrubs of Sri Lanka are a part of the diverse plant wildlife of Sri Lanka. The following list provides the ... The list is according to A Field Guide to the Common Trees and Shrubs of Sri Lanka, by Mark Ashton, Savitri Gunatilleke, Neela ... A Field Guide to the Common Trees and Shrubs of Sri Lanka (PDF). Colombo 8, Sri Lanka: WHT Publications for Wildlife Heritage ...
Vitex cymosa). At higher elevations the dominant canopy tree in the premontane and montane wet forests is wild cashew ( ... is the dominant sub-canopy tree and Mabea occidentalis is the dominant shrub in the understory. Above 750 metres (2,460 ft) ...
Tindjut). A much-branched shrub, growing to a height of 4 m; the stem angled and older stems ash grey and flaking, often ... Karunamoorthi K., Ramanujam S. & Rathinasamy R., "Evaluation of leaf extracts of Vitex negundo L. (Family: Verbenaceae) against ... Azene Bekele-Tesemma, Useful trees and shrubs for Ethiopia (ed. Bo Tengnäs, Ensermu Kelbesa, Sebsibe Demissew and Patrick ...
Some species are shrubs, trees (such as teak), or, rarely, vines. Many members of the family are widely cultivated, not only ... Tsoongia, Paravitex, and Viticipremna have been sunk into synonymy with Vitex. Huxleya has been sunk into Volkameria. Kalaharia ... Vitex (250), Thymus (220), and Nepeta (200). Clerodendrum was once a genus of over 400 species, but by 2010, it had been ... re-examining generic limits of Vitex and relations (Lamiaceae) in South East Asia". Taxon. 58 (2): 500-510. Scheen, Anne- ...
The forests typically have an upper canopy at 15-25 meters, a 10-15 meter understory of smaller trees and large shrubs, and a 3 ... and Vitex negundo. The ecoregion is home to 76 species of mammals, none of which are endemic, although several of which, ...
Coffee shrubs (Coffea robusta or Coffea arabica) are invasive in parts of the forest, as they are in the nearby Gannoruwa ... Vitex pinnata ("milla") and Walsura gardneri. There are many climber and liana species growing in the Udawattakele forest, most ... In total 16 exotic tree species grow in the forest (7 of which are invasive), as well as 6 exotic shrub species (one, Coffea, ... A few patches of unspoiled forest, with mostly native species of trees and shrubs, remain on the northern and eastern sides of ...
... and a sparse shrub layer. Trees of the emergent layer reach above the main canopy to 45 m (148 ft). Swamp forests situated ... Vitex altissima, Chaetocarpus castanocarpus, Dillenia retusa, Dillenia triquetra, Myristica dactyloides, and Semecarpus ...
马缨丹属 Lantana L. - shrub verbenas, lantanas. *过江藤属 Lippia L. ... 牡荆属 Vitex L.. 木樨科[编辑]. *Dimetra（英语：Dimetra (plant)） Kerr ...
The areas of transition between the forest and river hold shrubs and small vines that include Artemisia artemisiifolia, Ipomoea ... Vitex cymosa). This ecoregion hosts 148 mammal species including ocelot (Leopardus pardalis), margay (Leopardus wiedii), South ...
... butterfly bush and more all top the list of gorgeous summer-flowering shrubs. See the full list at HGTV Gardens. ... Vitex Lilac chaste tree flowers heavily in the summer and is super attractive to bees. The shrub is very drought-tolerant. ... Great Summer-Flowering Shrubs Spring flowers, move over. These astounding shrubs can get any gardener through the summer ... Whimsical shrubs or small trees made with colorful glass bottles provide unique color through all the seasons. Wonderfully ...
Shrubs. Shrubs are used in the landscape to provide transition between tall vertical trees and the horizontal plane of the ... Vitex agnus-castus, Chastetree, 8 to 10 feet; full sun. Assets: Flowers are lilac, fragrant and occur from June through ... Shrubs are chosen for habit, foliage, flower or fruit attributes. The most useful shrubs have more than one season of interest ... Assets: Prostrate evergreen shrub with medium green needles. ID: Rigid needles in bundles of two. Use: A low evergreen shrub ...
... pigeon berry Vitex - chaste trees Vitex agnus-castus - chaste tree. ... The following is a list of widely known trees and shrubs. Taxonomic families for the following trees and shrubs are listed in ... heath trees and shrubs Erica arborea - tree heath Kalmia - kalmia shrubs Kalmia latifolia - mountain laurel Lyonia - lyonia ... franklinia shrubs Franklinia alatamaba - franklinia Gordonia - gordonia shrubs Gordonia lasianthus - loblolly bay; red bay ...
shrub/tree. Vitex agnus-castus. Commercial ornamental. G.W. Krewer & P.A. Thomas, pers. obs. ...
Other gardeners prune the shrub back to the same level every year until it becomes dense and tangled with many branches coming ... Use rejuvenation pruning to restore overgrown or too dense shrubs or to encourage new ... ... Gardeners often neglect pruning until a shrub is severely overgrown. ... Shrubs with a great deal of dead wood, extremely overgrown shrubs with large, woody bases or shrubs in weed barrier and rock ...
Shrub , 2 m, ± rounded. Stem: branches many; twigs brown, angles white. Leaf: petiole , 4 mm; blade 4 17 mm, ovate to ± round, ... Some cultivated (Clerodendron , Lantana , Verbena , Vitex ); some weedy worldwide (Lantana ); some used for wood (Tectona , ... Shrub, strong-smelling. Leaf: blade lanceolate to ovate. Inflorescence: raceme or spike. Flower: calyx 4-toothed; corolla 5- ...
Annual to shrub. Stems often 4-angled; hairs generally short, stiff. Leaves reduced upward; blade entire to pinnately lobed. ... Some cultivated (Clerodendron , Lantana , Verbena , Vitex ); some weedy worldwide (Lantana ); some used for wood (Tectona , ...
Shrubs: Bird of paradise bush, Texas sage, esperanza, oleander, plum yew (shade), jasmine primrose, hamelia, Little John ... Small trees: Pindo palm, vitex, desert willow, chitalpa, erythrina and mountain laurel. ...
Vitex Linnaeus, Sp. Pl. 2: 638. 1753. 牡荆属 mu jing shu Trees or shrubs. Branches glabrous or sparsely pubescent. Leaves opposite ... 7 Vitex trifolia. +. Leaves 3-7-foliolate; middle leaflet distinctly petiolulate; calyx with 5 distinct teeth, as long as fruit ...
Vitex trifolia, the simpleleaf chastetree, is a large coastal shrub or small tree. Vitex trifolia is a large coastal shrub or ... Vitex trifolia is naturally found along coastlines from tropical East Africa as far east as French Polynesia. The leaves are ... Vitex trifolia, Dr. K.M. Nadkarnis Indian Materia Medica, by A.K. Nadkarni, Popular Prakashan, Bombay, 1976, pp: 1281-2. ... "GRIN Species Records of Vitex". Germplasm Resources Information Network. United States Department of Agriculture. Retrieved ...
Beach vitex and its health benefits. Beach vitex is a salt-tolerant shrub known for its therapeutic properties. In TCM, beach ... But what beach vitex is well-known for today is its anticancer activity. Several studies show that beach vitex can be a potent ... Studies done on beach vitex have resulted in the discovery of many of its chemical components. VF and the leaves of beach vitex ... Natural News) The plant Vitex rotundifolia, known as beach vitex in English and man jing zi in traditional Chinese medicine, is ...
Vitex, Monks Pepper) is thought to ease PMS and other menstrual symptoms. Learn side effects, drug interactions, recommended ... Chaste tree is shrub. The dried ripe fruit is used as a natural herbal supplement. Although exact mechanism is not known, ... home/ womens health center/womens health a-z list/chaste tree (vitex agnus-castus)-oral article ... Vitexagnus castus (Chaste Tree, Chaste Berry, Vitex, Monks Pepper, Agnus Castus, Gattlier, Indian Spice, Lilac Haste Tree, ...
Learn about the historical use of Vitex agnus castus to treat gynecological problems, botanicals used for skin care, the ... Vitex is a shrub or small tree native to western Asia and southwestern Europe. Introduced to the United States as an ornamental ... Vitex, or chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus)-celebrated by women in ancient Greek festivals and on holy days as a symbol of ... Many vitex -products are standardized as to flavonoid content.. Vitex in Germany Today. Several large German studies and ...
Its important to remember that while vitex contains some... ... You may hear people recommending vitex, also known as ... Vitex agnus-castus, a Mediterranean shrub, bears small fruits known as chaste berries, or chasteberries. The plants two common ... ":"[herbs for women,vitex for bloating,Vitex agnus-castus,chasteberry weight loss,vitex diet]"} ... But vitex may help women who are struggling with weight gain associated with PMS or menopause. Never attempt herbal self- ...
Vitex agnus-castus); alternative name for the Zhou Dynasty State of Chu 楚國,楚国[Chu3 Guo2]. (1) thorny shrub; (2) wild rose; ...
Special attention is given to the wine- and fruit-producing palm tree Borassus aethiopum, to the fruit -producing shrub Annona ... Vitex doniana. The consumption also varies with the age groups. Lantana camara L., for example, is a small, relatively ... The most important beverage, next to water, is the tea prepared from the leaves of Lippia multiflora Moldenke, a shrub growing ... Description: Generally a shrub growing from numerous root-shoots up to 2 m high (occasionally up to 6 m if protected from fire ...
Chaste tree, (Vitex agnus-castus), aromatic shrub growing to 5 metres (about 16 feet) tall, bearing spikes of rose-lavender ... Monkey pot, any shrub or tree of the genus Lecythis, of the family Lecythidaceae, particularly L. ollaria of Brazil and L. ... Laurales: Monimiaceae: Members of Monimiaceae are evergreen trees or shrubs, rarely woody vines (lianas). The leaves are simple ...
It is also known by its botanical name Vitex agnus castus, as well as vitex, monks... ... a perennial shrub, is a member of the verbena family. ... Chasteberry, a perennial shrub, is a member of the verbena ... It is also known by its botanical name Vitex agnus castus, as well as vitex, monks pepper and chaste tree. Chasteberry is ... ":"[vitex side effects,vitex precautions,risks of vitex,chasteberry side effects,chasteberry precautions, ...
Vitex agnus-castusOther Common Names: Chaste Tree, Abrahams balm, Monks pepper, chaste lamb-tree, safe tree, Indian-spice, w ... Plant Description: The chaste tree is a flowering shrub that grows to a height of 1 to 5 meters. The tree produces a spray of ... Vitex agnus-castus) and Claims. * Chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus) got its name from the anaphrodisiac quality purported since ... Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex agnus-castus). Although deemed safe through numerous studies, chaste tree berry use has shown some ...
2010), Vitex trifolia (Hiregoudar, 2006), Paederia foetida (Alam et al.. A study of plant growth hormones on in vitro clonal ... propagation of fever tea (Lippia javanica): a medicinal shrub. Leaves esculenta of Paederia foetida are Moench mixed with seeds ...
Medium-large shrubs. Abelia × grandiflora AGM: 3m x 4m (10ft x 12ft). Arbutus unedo AGM: 8m x 8m (25ft x 25ft). Callistemon ... Vitex agnus-castus: 2-8m x 2-8m (6-25ft x 6-25ft) ... Small shrubs. Artemisia Powis Castle AGM: 60cm x 90cm (2ft x ...
... primarily tropical shrubs and trees. Only a few Vitex species occur in temperate regions. Vitex agnus-castus L., commonly known ... Vitex, Vitex agnus-castusLeave a comment on Chaste tree - Vitex agnus-castus ... Iridoids from Vitex agnus-castus. Planta Medica 40: 530-531.. Gunther, R. T. 1934. The Greek Herbal of Dioscorides. Reprint. ... The shrubs ancient association with chastity led to later use of the fruits as an anaphrodisiac, quieting the desires of the ...
... primarily tropical shrubs and trees. Only a few Vitex species occur in temperate regions. Vitex agnus-castus L., commonly known ... Vitex, Vitex agnus-castusLeave a comment on Chaste tree - Vitex agnus-castus Yuccas. Yucca flaccida, Yucca. Often when Im out ... Iridoids from Vitex agnus-castus. Planta Medica 40: 530-531.. Gunther, R. T. 1934. The Greek Herbal of Dioscorides. Reprint. ... The shrubs ancient association with chastity led to later use of the fruits as an anaphrodisiac, quieting the desires of the ...
Agnus Castus is the fruit of a Mediterranean shrub, Vitex agnus-castus, which is also known as the chaste tree. Chaste tree ... Licorice Root comes from a tall shrub with bluish flowers of the pea family and is found all across Asia and Europe. The root ... Damiana is a small, aromatic shrub grown in South America. The leaves act as a stimulant for the reproductive system, as well ...
Lagundi - (Five Leafed Chaste Tree) - Vitex Negundo Linn. Parts used: flowers, seeds, root. Lagundi is a common medicine shrub ... You May Also Be Interested In: herbal medicinal plants herbal plants medicinal plants seeds root vitex negundo ...
ChasteberryMediterraneanLagundiVerbenaceaeRotundifoliaExtractHerbMedicinalPlantChaste Tree BerryChastetreeGenusBeautiful shrubCommon usesFertilityBerrySpeciesProgesterone levelsNirgundiAbraham's BalmPerennialFive Leafed Chaste TreeStemsFlavonoidsBeach vitexNegundo LinnBotanical NameFruitNativeAromatic shrubHormonesLeavesBreast tendernessSymptomsSmall shrubMenstrual cycleEvergreen shrubGrownHormonal balanceLagerstroemiaErectTall ShrubsClimbersFlavonoid1954Linnaeus
- You may hear people recommending vitex, also known as chasteberry, as part of a diet plan. (livestrong.com)
- Chasteberry, a perennial shrub, is a member of the verbena family. (livestrong.com)
- Vitex, also known chaste tree or chasteberry, is purple-flowered shrub belonging to the Verbena family. (smileherb.com)
- Clinical trials have shown that chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus) extract helped improve several PMS-related symptoms. (lifeextension.com)
- Vitex is also called chasteberry or chaste tree berry. (checkovulation.com)
- The Vitex Chasteberry a shrub helps in balancing the hormones and menstrual cycle which is very important to lengthen the luteal phase and prevent miscarriage. (fasthealthtips.net)
- VITEX Chasteberry A supreme hormonal tonic for women: Outside my window a lovely little shrub with silvery leaves and clusters of purple flowers is just beginning to bloom. (cysticacnecauses.net)
- Vitex agnus-castus, a Mediterranean shrub, bears small fruits known as chaste berries, or chasteberries. (livestrong.com)
- Agnus Castus is the fruit of a Mediterranean shrub, Vitex agnus-castus, which is also known as the chaste tree. (womenfitness.net)
- Vitex agnus castus is in the vervain family (Verbenaceae) and is a well-known aromatic shrub to small tree growing in the Mediterranean area to western Asia. (healthy.net)
- Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex agnus-castus) is a shrub of the Mediterranean region, this natural herb has been used for years as a treatment for hormonal imbalances. (menopauserx.com)
- Vitex is a deciduous shrub native to European, Mediterranean and Central Asian countries. (phytosciences.org)
- Shrub native to the Mediterranean region and western Asia is grown in many subtropical areas worldwide. (margaridamoreira.com)
- Vitex is a shrub grown widely along the river banks and in the valleys of the Mediterranean and Central Asiatic regions. (lillidale.co.uk)
- Vitex comes from the vitex agnus castus tree, which is a shrub that is found in Central Asia and the Mediterranean region. (checkovulation.com)
- Lavender Lavender flower is extracted from lavender angustifolia (lavender) - a small shrub coming from the Mediterranean. (herballeaf.eu)
- Vitex agnus-castus tree is a shrub that is native to the Mediterranean and Central Asia. (sportcenter.ml)
- Lagundi - (Five Leafed Chaste Tree) - Vitex Negundo Linn. (fuzing.com)
- Lagundi is a common medicine shrub in the Philippines, and is found on Mt. Banahaw. (fuzing.com)
- Lagundi is a shrub that grows in the Philippines. (wordpress.com)
- Lagundi (scientific name: Vitex negundo) is a shrub that grows in the Philippines. (blogspot.com)
- The shrub Lagundi has a scientific name of Nigundo vitex and is considered in the Philippines and in Japan as having a therapeutic value. (wordpress.com)
- The genus Vitex until recently has been associated for centuries with the verbena family (Verbenaceae), and includes about 250 species, primarily tropical shrubs and trees. (stevenfoster.com)
- Vitex , a genus from the Verbenaceae, consists of about 60 species in the tropics and subtropics in both hemispheres. (healthy.net)
- This species is a member of the verbena family (family Verbenaceae), which includes about 75 genera and 3,000 species of herbs, shrubs, and trees, mostly of tropical and warm temperate regions. (wildflower.org)
- Vitex negundo Linn belonging to family verbenaceae. (ajpp.in)
- The Verbenaceae consists of herbs, shrubs or trees, with square stems and opposite or rarely alternate leaves. (2medicalcare.com)
- Vitex agnus-castus and Verbena officinalis are medicinal plants of the Verbenaceae. (2medicalcare.com)
- Natural News ) The plant Vitex rotundifolia , known as beach vitex in English and man jing zi in traditional Chinese medicine, is widely studied for its medicinal properties. (naturalnews.com)
- Scientists from South Korea evaluated the apoptotic mechanism of Vitex rotundifolia L. fruit extract against human colorectal cancer cells. (oncology.news)
- The fruit of V. rotundifolia or beach vitex has been reported to induce apoptosis in human colorectal cancer cells through the accumulation of oxygen species. (oncology.news)
- Most have used the commercial vitex extract Agnolyte, made by Madaus AG of Cologne. (motherearthliving.com)
- The University of Michigan points out that while vitex contains several beneficial compounds, they appear to only work together when taken as a complete berry extract, rather than when one compound is isolated. (livestrong.com)
- Black Cohosh (Root Extract, 2.5% triterpene glycosides): 160 mg Black cohosh is a perennial, shrub-like plant, native to the eastern deciduous forests of North America. (nutrametrix.com)
- Chaste berry extract Latin name: Vitex Agnus Castus Used Part of this plant: Seeds Spec. (ecer.com)
- Snake venom neutralization by Indian medicinal plants (Vitex negundo and Emblica officinalis) root extracts: A methanolic extract study of VN showed it possesses potent snake venom neutralizing capacity and suggests further investigation. (wordpress.com)
- Vitex negundo Linn (VN) leaf extract as an adjuvant therapy to standard anti-inflammatory drugs: VN significantly potentiated antiinflammatory activity of phenylbutazone and ibuprofen in albino rats. (wordpress.com)
- Our product range includes a wide range of opuntia extract, daru haldi extract - berberis aristata extract, nirgundi (vitex negundo) extract, punarnava (boerhavia diffusa) extract, cha de bugre extract and chaga mushroom extract. (vitalherbs.in)
- Nirgundi (Vitex Negundo) Extract is evergreen medicinal deciduous shrub. (vitalherbs.in)
- Treatment with Vitex in a daily dose of 40 mg extract is well tolerated. (phytosciences.org)
- This study will perform to investigate the hypoglycemic effect of stem extract of Vitex negundo . (ajpp.in)
- Extract of Vitex negundo (stem) also significantly reduces blood glucose level in Alloxan induced diabetic rats and compare with standard glibenclamide. (ajpp.in)
- Thus, it can be concluded from above that Vitex negundo stem extract is found to be efficacious in reducing BGL and lipid levels. (ajpp.in)
- According to the present investigation is an attempt to assess the bio activity of hydro-alcoholic extract of vitex negundo stem in experiment diabetes in rats. (ajpp.in)
- Today, I took my first ethanolic extract of vitex agnus in the morning, just mg. (sportcenter.ml)
- It's important to remember that while vitex contains some compounds that may enhance health, it is a medicinal herb - not a food. (livestrong.com)
- Yet you may find that, as the product suggests, easing stress is another crucial element of successful weight loss, making vitex a legitimate herb to include in a diet program. (livestrong.com)
- Vitex… Fertility Super Herb? (openpleasures.com)
- Vitex may be considered safe to use during pregnancy, but make sure to consult with a health-care practitioner when using this herb during pregnancy. (openpleasures.com)
- Since Vitex is a harmonizing and nourishing herb , it works behind the scenes to restore balance in a gentle way. (openpleasures.com)
- Vitex is a very popular herb that has been used for thousands of years for gynecological purposes. (tiplogo.com)
- However, you may also purchase the dried vitex herb or find it combined with other herbs in a supplement. (checkovulation.com)
- Vitex is a well-researched herb that is known to help with certain hormonal imbalances and conditions related to your reproductive health. (checkovulation.com)
- Cistus - Pink Rockrose Cistus (cleansing herb) is a small shrub with fragrant pink flowers. (herballeaf.eu)
- The herb Vitex- Agnus Cactus increases the progesterone level and regulates anovulation, amenorrhea, and premenstrual stress. (pathways-womens-sexual-health.com)
- Buy Herb Lore Organic Vitex Chaste Berry Capsules (200 Pills) - Support Supplement for Fertility, PCOS Balance, and Ovulation in Women on. (cysticacnecauses.net)
- Research confirms the wisdom of the ancient medicinal uses of vitex, and in Europe it is the preferred treatment for premenstrual syndrome (PMS). (motherearthliving.com)
- Karunochi (Black Vitex Nigundo) - This plant has many medicinal uses, but mainly cures urea stones. (ayurvedictalk.com)
- Safety of Vitex is derived from long-standing medicinal use. (phytosciences.org)
- 6. Li S, Qiu S, Yao P, Sun H, Fong HH, Zhang H. Compounds from the Fruits of the Popular European Medicinal Plant Vitex agnus-castus in Chemoprevention via NADP(H):Quinone Oxidoreductase Type 1 Induction. (phytosciences.org)
- Vitex has been used as a medicinal plant for centuries. (phytosciences.org)
- Nirgundi or Five-Leaved Chaste Tree (Vitex negundo) is an evergreen medicinal deciduous shrub. (bimbima.com)
- Nirgundi stems ( Vitex negundo L.) were collected from medicinal garden of MFP-PARC barked pathani Bhopal. (ajpp.in)
- The monk pepper plant ( Vitex agnus Castus ) from southern Europe looks like a Hemp plant with its hand-shaped leaves but it belongs to the crucifers The medicinal plant is particularly interesting in typical women's ailments, as it balances female hormones. (healthriskfood.com)
- For Vitex Agnus-Castus , according to the Latin name of the medicinal plant, acts mainly on the female hormone level. (healthriskfood.com)
- In homeopathy, the medicinal plant is recognized under the Latin term Vitex agnus-castus. (healthriskfood.com)
- Interest in vitex was renewed in 1938, when the German researcher and pharmaceutical manufacturer Gerhard Madaus investigated the biological activity of different parts of the plant. (motherearthliving.com)
- Plant Description: The chaste tree is a flowering shrub that grows to a height of 1 to 5 meters. (articlealley.com)
- Pliny was the first to apply the name Vitex to the plant, perhaps derived from the Latin "vitilium" (wicker-work). (stevenfoster.com)
- The name "castor" was given to the plant by English traders who confused its oil with the oil of another shrub, Vitex agnus - Castus, which the Spanish and Portuguese in Jamaica called agno-casto. (encyclopedia.com)
- 1954:Vitex) Greeks & Romans used the plant internally and for poulticing. (plantsforuse.com)
- Artists talk much about the sky line of pictures, but the artistic gardener, realising that the earth line is at least as important, diversifies and adorns it with blossoming shrubs wherever he can, learning from nature how to plant. (kellscraft.com)
- Depending on the plant or specific cultivar, look for the desired form, whether it is compact growth, straight trunks, or even a leggy look, such as crapemyrtles ( Lagerstroemia indica ) or chaste tree ( Vitex agnus-castus ). (statebystategardening.com)
- Results indicate that Mayan communities use 196 plant species as forage: 139 herbaceous, 17 shrubs, 35 trees and 2 palms. (scielo.org.mx)
- 2017). Vitex negundo has a long history of use in Indian traditional medicine particularly treatment muscle relaxant, pain reliving, antiasthma, anti-anxiety .The leaves are good for anti-inflammatory analgesic, anti-histaminic, property, snake venom whole plant is also used for antigastalgic, antiparasitic, analgesic (Ahuja et al. (ajpp.in)
- Vitex is a shrub that is found in Greece, and the berries are the most useful part of the plant. (tiplogo.com)
- The presence of large seeds in preserved moa gizzard contents supported this hypothesis, and five slow-germinating plant species ( Elaeocarpus dentatus, E. hookerianus, Prumnopitys ferruginea, P. taxifolia, Vitex lucens ) with thick seedcoats prompted speculation about whether these plants were adapted for moa dispersal. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- Chaste Tree berry, also known as Vitex, is used for stabilizing the menstrual cycle, regulating hormone production in the body, and alleviating the symptoms of menstrual stress and tension. (smileherb.com)
- Numerous older studies in Germany have found Chaste Tree Berry or Vitex helpful for PMS. (menopauserx.com)
- Chastetree (Vitex agnus-castus) is a deciduous (loses its leaves in the fall), multi-trunked shrub or small tree that is native to southern Europe and western Asia. (clemson.edu)
- Chastetree - Found in gardens across the country, chastetree, or vitex, ( Vitex agnus-castus ) is a large, deciduous flowering shrub or small tree that can be planted throughout the state. (ufl.edu)
- The genus name Vitex derives from an ancient designation, vei , meaning to "wind, bend or twine," referring to the once common use of the tough, flexible branches in constructing woven (wattle) fences. (stevenfoster.com)
- Vitex is a widespread genus of trees and shrubs with over 250 species. (tiritirimatangi.org.nz)
- This beautiful shrub grows in a rounded shape to 10 feet with an equal spread. (crimson-sage.com)
- Vitex is a beautiful shrub native to Greece and Italy whose berries have been used in herbal medicine for centuries. (openpleasures.com)
- However, consulting the doctor is not at all wrong, so take the advice of the doctor and take advantage of this beautiful shrub. (fasthealthtips.net)
- Vitex, or chaste tree ( Vitex agnus-castus )-celebrated by women in ancient Greek festivals and on holy days as a symbol of marriage, chastity and fertility-gives contemporary women cause for celebration, too: it can safely and effectively relieve the monthly misery of difficult menstrual cycles. (motherearthliving.com)
- In festivals honoring Demeter, the Greek goddess of agriculture, fertility, and marriage, temples were strewn with vitex boughs and leaves. (motherearthliving.com)
- How Much Vitex Should I Take to Boost Fertility? (livestrong.com)
- Vitex reduces sex drive and fertility. (bimbima.com)
- Modern clinical research and traditional use of Vitex have shown its amazing ability to help balance fertility hormones. (openpleasures.com)
- Vitex is one of the most useful fertility herbs available to us. (openpleasures.com)
- Vitex is one of the best fertility herbs available to us when it comes to balancing hormones and regulating the menstrual cycle. (openpleasures.com)
- Vitex is, without a doubt, one of the most useful fertility herbs in the world. (tiplogo.com)
- Vitex has so many different fertility benefits, it can be hard to pinpoint each of them. (tiplogo.com)
- With all of the good things that Vitex can do for fertility, does it have the same effect for pregnant women as well? (tiplogo.com)
- Vitex for Fertility: Is it Worth it? (checkovulation.com)
- Here is everything that you need to know to determine if taking vitex for fertility is worth it. (checkovulation.com)
- Here is a closer look at some of the science-backed benefits of vitex for fertility. (checkovulation.com)
- I have purchased Vitex mg in my new book or you take the berry only under medical guidance in order to avoid any untoward conditions. (sportcenter.ml)
- Gaia Herbs Vitex Berry 60 Veg Liquid Cap: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care. (cysticacnecauses.net)
- I had read about this brand of Vitex Berry in an article for those with acne. (cysticacnecauses.net)
- Vitex (Chaste tree or Chaste berry) is a popular and effective herbal medicine, but it can sometimes do more harm than good. (cysticacnecauses.net)
- Only a few Vitex species occur in temperate regions. (stevenfoster.com)
- Vitex agnus-castus L., commonly known as chaste tree, is the sole species to occur in Europe. (stevenfoster.com)
- Technically, the difference between a tree and a shrub is a matter of one stem or many stems from the root, but some species there are that do very much as they please, to the confusion of classifiers. (kellscraft.com)
- Differential larvicidal efficacy of four species of Vitex against Culex quinquefasciatus larvae: The methanolic extracts of all Vitex species showed varying levels of larvicidal activity. (wordpress.com)
- Vitex has a beneficial impact on progesterone levels. (openpleasures.com)
- If miscarriages are due to low progesterone, Vitex may help to normalize or increase progesterone levels. (openpleasures.com)
- First of all, for women who have low levels of progesterone, Vitex can increase the amount of FSH or Follicle Stimulating Hormone, which can in turn increase progesterone levels. (tiplogo.com)
- Many experts think that since Vitex can help to raise progesterone levels, it can also be helpful in preventing miscarriage. (tiplogo.com)
- Vitex contains iridoid glycosides, flavonoids, and terpenoids. (livestrong.com)
- In the present study, we have employed proteomic and microscopic approaches to investigate the attenuation of selenite cataract by the flavonoids from Vitex negundo (FVN). (molvis.org)
- Diterpernoids and flavonoids from the fruits of Vitex agnus-castus and antioxidant activity of the fruit extracts and their constituents. (phytosciences.org)
- But what beach vitex is well-known for today is its anticancer activity. (naturalnews.com)
- Several studies show that beach vitex can be a potent antiproliferative agent against various cancer cells, including breast, lung, and colorectal cancer. (naturalnews.com)
- Beach vitex is a salt-tolerant shrub known for its therapeutic properties. (naturalnews.com)
- Studies done on beach vitex have resulted in the discovery of many of its chemical components. (naturalnews.com)
- Anti-inflammatory Activity and Mechanism of Action of Vitex negundo Linn: Study suggests VN possess anti-imflammatory activity against acute and sub-acute inflammation probably due to prostaglandin inhibition and reduction of oxidative stress. (wordpress.com)
- Essential oil composition and antibacterial studies of Vitex negundo linn. (wordpress.com)
- They discovered that vitex fruit preparations were effective in solving the problem. (motherearthliving.com)
- Vitex fruit preparations act on the pituitary to regulate the production of hormones, which in turn normalize the menstrual cycle. (motherearthliving.com)
- Special attention is given to the wine- and fruit-producing palm tree Borassus aethiopum , to the fruit -producing shrub Annona senegalensis, and to the annual, semi-domesticated Corchorus olitorius . (fao.org)
- Among them, teak is a highly prized furniture wood, and Vervain, Lantana, Lippia or Frog Fruit, and Chase Tree or Vitex are grown as ornamentals. (wildflower.org)
- Five new diterpenoids, viteagnusins A--E, from the fruit of Vitex agnus-castus. (phytosciences.org)
- A new diterpenoid glucoside and two new diterpenoids from the fruit of Vitex agnus-castus. (phytosciences.org)
- Vitex comes from the fruit and seeds of a shrub and is commonly used for treating menstrual cramps , premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and many other conditions. (checkovulation.com)
- Button bush ( Cephalanthus occidentalis ) is a shade-loving shrub native to Southeastern rivers and creek banks, thriving in moist soils. (hgtv.com)
- Vitex is a shrub or small tree native to western Asia and southwestern Europe. (motherearthliving.com)
- Native to West Asia and southwestern Europe, the shrub was introduced throughout Europe at an early date. (stevenfoster.com)
- Winterberry (Ilex verticillata) is a native, woody shrub suited for use in rain gardens. (clemson.edu)
- Wild Coffee - With shiny green leaves, small white flowers, and interesting red fruits, the native wild coffee shrub makes a Florida-Friendly addition to the landscape. (ufl.edu)
- This North American native is a low maintenance, long-blooming shrub that comes in small to medium mounded varieties and is best in moist, well-drained soils, but will tolerate some drought once established. (gardencrossings.com)
- Paradoxically, although moa were New Zealand's largest native herbivores, the only seeds to survive moa gut passage intact were those of small-seeded herbs and shrubs. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- Since Vitex does not contain hormones, it has a supportive, gentle and non-direct action on the body. (openpleasures.com)
- Vitex does not contain hormones of it's own, instead it supports and nourishes hormones of the body. (tiplogo.com)
- Vitex is believed to help with various issues by affecting the levels of specific hormones. (checkovulation.com)
- Two of the hormones that vitex may help regulate are the luteinizing hormone (LH) and progesterone. (checkovulation.com)
- Magnolia grandiflora 'Little Gem' is a compact shrub with super glossy evergreen leaves and highly-fragrant, small white flowers that appear from spring to fall-the longest blooming magnolia! (hgtv.com)
- Chaste tree is a deciduous shrub with aromatic palmate leaves, divided into 5 or 6 pointed leaflets. (ageless.co.za)
- The name Vitex comes from the Romans, perhaps because it was considered related to the willow, Salix -both because of its leaves and its flexible branches, used like willow in wickerwork. (healthy.net)
- Vitex agnus-castus , also known as the chaste tree, is a shrub whose berries, leaves, and seeds are used primarily for reproductive system. (lifeextension.com)
- Roman wives whose husbands were abroad with the legions spread the leaves of Vitex negundo on their beds for this purpose. (bimbima.com)
- The shrub has long, finger-shaped leaves, blue-violet flowers, and dark purple berries. (sportcenter.ml)
- Throughout Europe, where herbal medicine has more of an unbroken tradition than it does in the United States, agnus castus or "vitex" as it is usually called here, is often used to help relieve the symptoms associated with female hormonal imbalances such as the depression, cramps, mood swings, water retention and weight gain associated with the menstrual cycle (PMS-associated symptoms). (healthy.net)
- In European herbalism and medical practice, Vitex extracts are also prescribed for uterine fibroid cysts and to help alleviate the unpleasant symptoms of menopause. (healthy.net)
- Clinical research has shown that Vitex may be very beneficial for PMS symptoms, especially depression, headaches, rashes, acne, allergies and sensitivity of the breasts. (openpleasures.com)
- For women with severe PMS symptoms, Vitex can help with that as well! (tiplogo.com)
- Few other such herbal cures are 'Calotropis gigantea', a shrub which has clusters of flowers white or lavender, and are grown widely in Singapore, Thailand, China, Malay Islands and in India . (ayurvedictalk.com)
- Lilacs, mock orange, strawberry shrub and the spicy flowering currant were usually grown near the house for their fragrance and not for their value in the landscape composition. (kellscraft.com)
- Many vitex -products are standardized as to flavonoid content. (motherearthliving.com)
- 1) New antifungal flavonoid glycoside from Vitex negundo: Study found a new isolated flavone glycoside and a known compound to have significant antifungal activity against Tricophyton mentagrophytes and Cryptococcus neoformans. (wordpress.com)