Rape: Unlawful sexual intercourse without consent of the victim.Sex Offenses: Any violation of established legal or moral codes in respect to sexual behavior.Crime Victims: Individuals subjected to and adversely affected by criminal activity. (APA, Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 1994)Forensic Medicine: The application of medical knowledge to questions of law.Child Abuse, Sexual: Sexual maltreatment of the child or minor.Violence: Individual or group aggressive behavior which is socially non-acceptable, turbulent, and often destructive. It is precipitated by frustrations, hostility, prejudices, etc.Forensic Nursing: The application of NURSING knowledge to questions of law. It is a specialty of nursing practice involving victims of crime which includes not only attending to the physical and emotional distress of victims, but also the identifying, collecting, and preserving evidence for law enforcement and the criminal justice system.United States Department of Defense: A cabinet department in the Executive Branch of the United States Government whose mission is to provide the military forces needed to deter WARFARE and to protect the security of our country.Alcoholic Intoxication: An acute brain syndrome which results from the excessive ingestion of ETHANOL or ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.Filing: Collections of related records treated as a unit; ordering of such files.Contraception, Postcoital: Means of postcoital intervention to avoid pregnancy, such as the administration of POSTCOITAL CONTRACEPTIVES to prevent FERTILIZATION of an egg or implantation of a fertilized egg (OVUM IMPLANTATION).Stress Disorders, Post-Traumatic: A class of traumatic stress disorders with symptoms that last more than one month. There are various forms of post-traumatic stress disorder, depending on the time of onset and the duration of these stress symptoms. In the acute form, the duration of the symptoms is between 1 to 3 months. In the chronic form, symptoms last more than 3 months. With delayed onset, symptoms develop more than 6 months after the traumatic event.Group Homes: Housing for groups of patients, children, or others who need or desire emotional or physical support. They are usually established as planned, single housekeeping units in residential dwellings that provide care and supervision for small groups of residents, who, although unrelated, live together as a family.Genitalia, Female: The female reproductive organs. The external organs include the VULVA; BARTHOLIN'S GLANDS; and CLITORIS. The internal organs include the VAGINA; UTERUS; OVARY; and FALLOPIAN TUBES.Crime: A violation of the criminal law, i.e., a breach of the conduct code specifically sanctioned by the state, which through its administrative agencies prosecutes offenders and imposes and administers punishments. The concept includes unacceptable actions whether prosecuted or going unpunished.Sodium Oxybate: The sodium salt of 4-hydroxybutyric acid. It is used for both induction and maintenance of ANESTHESIA.Wounds and Injuries: Damage inflicted on the body as the direct or indirect result of an external force, with or without disruption of structural continuity.Forensic Toxicology: The application of TOXICOLOGY knowledge to questions of law.Dextropropoxyphene: A narcotic analgesic structurally related to METHADONE. Only the dextro-isomer has an analgesic effect; the levo-isomer appears to exert an antitussive effect.Rhode IslandPost-Exposure Prophylaxis: The prevention of infection or disease following exposure to a pathogen.Sexual Harassment: A form of discrimination in the workplace which violates the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Sexual harassment takes two forms: quid pro quo, where the employee must submit to sexual advances in exchange for job benefits or be penalized for refusing; or a hostile environment, where the atmosphere of the workplace is offensive and affects the employee's well-being. Offensive sexual conduct may include unwelcome advances, comments, touching, questions about marital status and sex practices, etc. Both men and women may be aggressors or victims. (Slee and Slee, Health Care Terms, 2d ed, p.404). While civil rights legislation deals with sexual harassment in the workplace, the behavior is not restricted to this; it may take place outside the work environment: in schools and colleges, athletics, and other social milieus and activities.Assertiveness: Strongly insistent, self-assured, and demanding behavior.Criminals: Persons who have committed a crime or have been convicted of a crime.Guilt: Subjective feeling of having committed an error, offense or sin; unpleasant feeling of self-criticism. These result from acts, impulses, or thoughts contrary to one's personal conscience.Battered Women: Women who are physically and mentally abused over an extended period, usually by a husband or other dominant male figure. Characteristics of the battered woman syndrome are helplessness, constant fear, and a perceived inability to escape. (From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 3d ed)Emergency Nursing: The specialty or practice of nursing in the care of patients admitted to the emergency department.Substance-Related Disorders: Disorders related to substance abuse.Tolonium Chloride: A phenothiazine that has been used as a hemostatic, a biological stain, and a dye for wool and silk. Tolonium chloride has also been used as a diagnostic aid for oral and gastric neoplasms and in the identification of the parathyroid gland in thyroid surgery.Physical Examination: Systematic and thorough inspection of the patient for physical signs of disease or abnormality.Men: Human males as cultural, psychological, sociological, political, and economic entities.Pregnancy Tests: Tests to determine whether or not an individual is pregnant.Military Medicine: The practice of medicine as applied to special circumstances associated with military operations.Emergency Service, Hospital: Hospital department responsible for the administration and provision of immediate medical or surgical care to the emergency patient.Aggression: Behavior which may be manifested by destructive and attacking action which is verbal or physical, by covert attitudes of hostility or by obstructionism.Domestic Violence: Deliberate, often repetitive physical, verbal, and/or other types of abuse by one or more members against others of a household.Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Diseases due to or propagated by sexual contact.Spouse Abuse: Deliberate severe and repeated injury to one domestic partner by the other.Police: Agents of the law charged with the responsibility of maintaining and enforcing law and order among the citizenry.Acute Pain: Intensely discomforting, distressful, or agonizing sensation associated with trauma or disease, with well-defined location, character, and timing.Coitus: The sexual union of a male and a female, a term used for human only.Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry: A microanalytical technique combining mass spectrometry and gas chromatography for the qualitative as well as quantitative determinations of compounds.Life Change Events: Those occurrences, including social, psychological, and environmental, which require an adjustment or effect a change in an individual's pattern of living.Prevalence: The total number of cases of a given disease in a specified population at a designated time. It is differentiated from INCIDENCE, which refers to the number of new cases in the population at a given time.Students: Individuals enrolled in a school or formal educational program.Survivors: Persons who have experienced a prolonged survival after serious disease or who continue to live with a usually life-threatening condition as well as family members, significant others, or individuals surviving traumatic life events.Substance Abuse Detection: Detection of drugs that have been abused, overused, or misused, including legal and illegal drugs. Urine screening is the usual method of detection.Universities: Educational institutions providing facilities for teaching and research and authorized to grant academic degrees.Government Programs: Programs and activities sponsored or administered by local, state, or national governments.United StatesEmergency Treatment: First aid or other immediate intervention for accidents or medical conditions requiring immediate care and treatment before definitive medical and surgical management can be procured.Hostility: Tendency to feel anger toward and to seek to inflict harm upon a person or group.Flunitrazepam: A benzodiazepine with pharmacologic actions similar to those of DIAZEPAM that can cause ANTEROGRADE AMNESIA. Some reports indicate that it is used as a date rape drug and suggest that it may precipitate violent behavior. The United States Government has banned the importation of this drug.Street Drugs: Drugs obtained and often manufactured illegally for the subjective effects they are said to produce. They are often distributed in urban areas, but are also available in suburban and rural areas, and tend to be grossly impure and may cause unexpected toxicity.Interpersonal Relations: The reciprocal interaction of two or more persons.Injury Severity Score: An anatomic severity scale based on the Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) and developed specifically to score multiple traumatic injuries. It has been used as a predictor of mortality.Alcohol Drinking: Behaviors associated with the ingesting of alcoholic beverages, including social drinking.Anal Canal: The terminal segment of the LARGE INTESTINE, beginning from the ampulla of the RECTUM and ending at the anus.Truth Disclosure: Truthful revelation of information, specifically when the information disclosed is likely to be psychologically painful ("bad news") to the recipient (e.g., revelation to a patient or a patient's family of the patient's DIAGNOSIS or PROGNOSIS) or embarrassing to the teller (e.g., revelation of medical errors).Social Identification: The process by which an aspect of self image is developed based on in-group preference or ethnocentrism and a perception of belonging to a social or cultural group. (From APA, Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 8th ed.)Attitude: An enduring, learned predisposition to behave in a consistent way toward a given class of objects, or a persistent mental and/or neural state of readiness to react to a certain class of objects, not as they are but as they are conceived to be.Documentation: Systematic organization, storage, retrieval, and dissemination of specialized information, especially of a scientific or technical nature (From ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983). It often involves authenticating or validating information.Military Personnel: Persons including soldiers involved with the armed forces.South Africa: A republic in southern Africa, the southernmost part of Africa. It has three capitals: Pretoria (administrative), Cape Town (legislative), and Bloemfontein (judicial). Officially the Republic of South Africa since 1960, it was called the Union of South Africa 1910-1960.British Columbia: A province of Canada on the Pacific coast. Its capital is Victoria. The name given in 1858 derives from the Columbia River which was named by the American captain Robert Gray for his ship Columbia which in turn was named for Columbus. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p178 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p81-2)Risk Factors: An aspect of personal behavior or lifestyle, environmental exposure, or inborn or inherited characteristic, which, on the basis of epidemiologic evidence, is known to be associated with a health-related condition considered important to prevent.Women's Health: The concept covering the physical and mental conditions of women.Retrospective Studies: Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.Physician's Role: The expected function of a member of the medical profession.ConnecticutSocial Perception: The perceiving of attributes, characteristics, and behaviors of one's associates or social groups.Benzodiazepines: A group of two-ring heterocyclic compounds consisting of a benzene ring fused to a diazepine ring.Sexual Behavior: Sexual activities of humans.Adaptation, Psychological: A state of harmony between internal needs and external demands and the processes used in achieving this condition. (From APA Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 8th ed)Wounds, Stab: Penetrating wounds caused by a pointed object.Household Articles: Various material objects and items in the home. It includes temporary or permanent machinery and appliances. It does not include furniture or interior furnishings (FURNITURE see INTERIOR DESIGN AND FURNISHINGS; INTERIOR FURNISHINGS see INTERIOR DESIGN AND FURNISHINGS).Cross-Sectional Studies: Studies in which the presence or absence of disease or other health-related variables are determined in each member of the study population or in a representative sample at one particular time. This contrasts with LONGITUDINAL STUDIES which are followed over a period of time.Models, Psychological: Theoretical representations that simulate psychological processes and/or social processes. These include the use of mathematical equations, computers, and other electronic equipment.Self Report: Method for obtaining information through verbal responses, written or oral, from subjects.Self-Help Groups: Organizations which provide an environment encouraging social interactions through group activities or individual relationships especially for the purpose of rehabilitating or supporting patients, individuals with common health problems, or the elderly. They include therapeutic social clubs.Licensure: The legal authority or formal permission from authorities to carry on certain activities which by law or regulation require such permission. It may be applied to licensure of institutions as well as individuals.Logistic Models: Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.Patient Acceptance of Health Care: The seeking and acceptance by patients of health service.Wounds, Gunshot: Disruption of structural continuity of the body as a result of the discharge of firearms.Firearms: Small-arms weapons, including handguns, pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, etc.Socioeconomic Factors: Social and economic factors that characterize the individual or group within the social structure.Delphi Technique: An iterative questionnaire designed to measure consensus among individual responses. In the classic Delphi approach, there is no interaction between responder and interviewer.Social Support: Support systems that provide assistance and encouragement to individuals with physical or emotional disabilities in order that they may better cope. Informal social support is usually provided by friends, relatives, or peers, while formal assistance is provided by churches, groups, etc.Security Measures: Regulations to assure protection of property and equipment.Alcoholism: A primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. The disease is often progressive and fatal. It is characterized by impaired control over drinking, preoccupation with the drug alcohol, use of alcohol despite adverse consequences, and distortions in thinking, most notably denial. Each of these symptoms may be continuous or periodic. (Morse & Flavin for the Joint Commission of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and the American Society of Addiction Medicine to Study the Definition and Criteria for the Diagnosis of Alcoholism: in JAMA 1992;268:1012-4)Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Trauma Severity Indices: Systems for assessing, classifying, and coding injuries. These systems are used in medical records, surveillance systems, and state and national registries to aid in the collection and reporting of trauma.Questionnaires: Predetermined sets of questions used to collect data - clinical data, social status, occupational group, etc. The term is often applied to a self-completed survey instrument.Psychotherapy: A generic term for the treatment of mental illness or emotional disturbances primarily by verbal or nonverbal communication.Regression Analysis: Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.Incidence: The number of new cases of a given disease during a given period in a specified population. It also is used for the rate at which new events occur in a defined population. It is differentiated from PREVALENCE, which refers to all cases, new or old, in the population at a given time.Sexual Partners: Married or single individuals who share sexual relations.Ethanol: A clear, colorless liquid rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and distributed throughout the body. It has bactericidal activity and is used often as a topical disinfectant. It is widely used as a solvent and preservative in pharmaceutical preparations as well as serving as the primary ingredient in ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.Homicide: The killing of one person by another.Alcoholic Beverages: Drinkable liquids containing ETHANOL.Compensation and Redress: Payment, or other means of making amends, for a wrong or injury.Risk-Taking: Undertaking a task involving a challenge for achievement or a desirable goal in which there is a lack of certainty or a fear of failure. It may also include the exhibiting of certain behaviors whose outcomes may present a risk to the individual or to those associated with him or her.Head Injuries, Penetrating: Head injuries which feature compromise of the skull and dura mater. These may result from gunshot wounds (WOUNDS, GUNSHOT), stab wounds (WOUNDS, STAB), and other forms of trauma.HIV Infections: Includes the spectrum of human immunodeficiency virus infections that range from asymptomatic seropositivity, thru AIDS-related complex (ARC), to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).Social Control, Formal: Control which is exerted by the more stable organizations of society, such as established institutions and the law. They are ordinarily embodied in definite codes, usually written.Eye Injuries: Damage or trauma inflicted to the eye by external means. The concept includes both surface injuries and intraocular injuries.Odds Ratio: The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.Longitudinal Studies: Studies in which variables relating to an individual or group of individuals are assessed over a period of time.Health Status: The level of health of the individual, group, or population as subjectively assessed by the individual or by more objective measures.Obsessive Behavior: Persistent, unwanted idea or impulse which is considered normal when it does not markedly interfere with mental processes or emotional adjustment.Brain Hemorrhage, Traumatic: Bleeding within the brain as a result of penetrating and nonpenetrating CRANIOCEREBRAL TRAUMA. Traumatically induced hemorrhages may occur in any area of the brain, including the CEREBRUM; BRAIN STEM (see BRAIN STEM HEMORRHAGE, TRAUMATIC); and CEREBELLUM.Referral and Consultation: The practice of sending a patient to another program or practitioner for services or advice which the referring source is not prepared to provide.Follow-Up Studies: Studies in which individuals or populations are followed to assess the outcome of exposures, procedures, or effects of a characteristic, e.g., occurrence of disease.Hymen: A thin fold of MUCOUS MEMBRANE situated at the orifice of the vagina.Anti-HIV Agents: Agents used to treat AIDS and/or stop the spread of the HIV infection. These do not include drugs used to treat symptoms or opportunistic infections associated with AIDS.Weapons: Devices or tools used in combat or fighting in order to kill or incapacitate.Facial Injuries: General or unspecified injuries to the soft tissue or bony portions of the face.Skull Fracture, Depressed: A skull fracture characterized by inward depression of a fragment or section of cranial bone, often compressing the underlying dura mater and brain. Depressed cranial fractures which feature open skin wounds that communicate with skull fragments are referred to as compound depressed skull fractures.Insanity Defense: A legal concept that an accused is not criminally responsible if, at the time of committing the act, the person was laboring under such a defect of reason from disease of the mind as not to know the nature and quality of the act done or if the act was known, to not have known that what was done was wrong. (From Black's Law Dictionary, 6th ed)Criminal Law: A branch of law that defines criminal offenses, regulates the apprehension, charging and trial of suspected persons, and fixes the penalties and modes of treatment applicable to convicted offenders.Multivariate Analysis: A set of techniques used when variation in several variables has to be studied simultaneously. In statistics, multivariate analysis is interpreted as any analytic method that allows simultaneous study of two or more dependent variables.Love: Affection; in psychiatry commonly refers to pleasure, particularly as it applies to gratifying experiences between individuals.United States Department of Homeland Security: A cabinet department in the Executive Branch of the United States Government concerned with administering those agencies and offices having programs pertaining to domestic national security.Commerce: The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)Maxillofacial Injuries: General or unspecified injuries involving the face and jaw (either upper, lower, or both).Wounds, Nonpenetrating: Injuries caused by impact with a blunt object where there is no penetration of the skin.PhiladelphiaPregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.Skull Fractures: Fractures of the skull which may result from penetrating or nonpenetrating head injuries or rarely BONE DISEASES (see also FRACTURES, SPONTANEOUS). Skull fractures may be classified by location (e.g., SKULL FRACTURE, BASILAR), radiographic appearance (e.g., linear), or based upon cranial integrity (e.g., SKULL FRACTURE, DEPRESSED).Mandatory Reporting: A legal requirement that designated types of information acquired by professionals or institutions in the course of their work be reported to appropriate authorities.Wounds, Penetrating: Wounds caused by objects penetrating the skin.Perfume: A substance, extract, or preparation for diffusing or imparting an agreeable or attractive smell, especially a fluid containing fragrant natural oils extracted from flowers, woods, etc., or similar synthetic oils. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)
First known sexual assault. In March 1970, Kraft encountered a 13-year-old Westminster youth named Joseph Gerald Fancher ... Kraft later stated he had known from his high school days that he was homosexual, although he initially kept his sexual ... Kraft's mind other than that he likes killing for sexual satisfaction", adding that the fact his family and friends had found ... Fancher agreed and accompanied Kraft to his Belmont Shore apartment, where he was drugged and assaulted. Hours later, Fancher ...
Sexual assault, attacks and harassment statistics. A report released by the Crime Statistics Agency of Victoria in 2015 ... VU announced a zero tolerance policy toward sexual assault and harassment and has partnered with Universities Australia in the ... the University had the highest number of sexual offences recorded from 2004 to 2015. From 2004 to 2015, 31 sexual offenses ... and 10 reports of sexual harassment, stalking, and threatening behaviour were recorded by the Crime Statistics Agency of ...
Sexism and sexual assault. Studies show that fraternity men are three times more likely to commit rape than other men on ... "Sorority Participation and Sexual Assault Risk" (PDF). Violence Against Women. SAGE Publications. 15 (7): 835-851. doi:10.1177/ ... "A Prospective Analysis of Sexual Assault Perpetration: Risk Factors Related to Perpetrator Characteristics" (PDF). Journal of ... "Correlates of Sexual Aggression Among Male University Students". Sex Roles. 37 (5/6): 451-457. doi:10.1023/A:1025613725757 ...
Sexual assaults. More than 1,000 sexual assaults on campus were reported between the years 2010 and 2015. The total ... sexual assaults at the university remained the same or increased despite six sexual assault resources and many anti-crime ... "How the University of Minnesota handles sexual assault". Minnesota Public Radio. Retrieved October 23, 2016.. ... The Step Up campaign is a program that helps students prevent crimes, sexual assault, and excessive drinking by teaching ...
Female clinicians have experienced sexual assault. Female surgeons have been found to have lower salaries than male surgeons. ... sexual assault; being passed over for promotion; and being denied treatment. Assessing the differences in pain treatment and ... Women have a higher prevalence of adverse childhood experiences, such as physical or sexual abuse, and are more likely to ... The physiology of male sex differentiation is described as "well studied, whereas the pathways that regulate female sexual ...
Sexual Assault; 15 sexual assaults for a rate of 26.5 per 100,000 residents. The national rate is 137.4% higher, and the ...
"Campus Sexual Assault". C-SPAN.org. National Cable Satellite Corporation. Retrieved March 17, 2015. "Sexual Assault on College ... "Princeton is the final Ivy Leaguer to lower burden of proof for sexual assault". Washington Post. "Sexual Assault Survivor ... Know Your IX has also vocally opposed state laws to require colleges and universities to refer sexual assault reports to law ... Since ED ACT NOW's launch, OCR has released the list of schools under investigation for sexual assault-related violations of ...
Felony Sexual Assault. 190 - Passed - Commission on Judicial Performance. 191 - Passed - Abolish Justice Courts 192 - Passed - ...
Felony Sexual Assault.) Proposition 189 passed with 79.41% of the vote. (Commission on Judicial Performance) Proposition 190 ...
... including beatings and sexual assaults". The six accused were charged on the basis of both their individual and superior ... sexual assault); unlawful deportation of a civilian; unlawful transfer of a civilian; unlawful confinement of a civilian; ...
"Sexual Assault Advocacy Fund". Studentsaaf.org. Retrieved 2016-07-15. "Richmond". Medical-Legal Partnership. Retrieved 2016-07- ... "SAAF Project // Central Virginia Legal Aid Radio Show on WRIR â€" Sexual Assault Advocacy Fund". Studentsaaf.org. 2015-09-16. ... The Charlottesville office partnered with the University of Virginia to create the Sexual Assault Advocacy Fund (SAAF), whose ... goal is to provide support to survivors of sexual assault on college campuses. CVLAS is also involved in the Medical-Legal ...
"Sexual Assault on Campus", a report which showcases the failures of colleges and government agencies to prevent sexual assaults ... "Sexual Assault on Campus". Center for Public Integrity. "Campus Rape Victims: A Struggle For Justice". National Public Radio. ... and resolve sexual assault cases. In 2013, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists released the results of a 15- ...
... including beatings and sexual assaults". The six accused are charged on the basis of both their individual and superior ... sexual assault); unlawful deportation of a civilian; unlawful transfer of a civilian; unlawful confinement of a civilian; ... Ahmet Makitan, a Bosniak soldier in the Croatian Defence Forces, was indicted for the kidnapping, torture, assault and abuse of ...
... rape and sexual assault, robbery, and assault, whereas the Canadian violent crime rate includes all categories of assault, ... "Rape and Sexual Assault". mainweb-v.musc.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-27. R. Walmsley (May 2011). "World Prison Population List" (PDF ... including simple assaults, all robberies, and all "sexual offenses," as opposed to the FBI, which only counts aggravated ... including Assault level 1 (i.e., assault not using a weapon and not resulting in serious bodily harm). A Canadian government ...
... military sexual assault prevention; the Prague arms control agenda; and the destruction of Syria's declared chemical weapons. ...
The charges were: nine counts of grave breaches of the Geneva conventions (wilful killing; inhuman treatment (sexual assault); ...
"Data and Communication Flow in CODIS" (PDF). Sexual Assault Kit Initiative. Retrieved April 9, 2017. "Procedure for CODIS". 10 ...
"The findings by Du Mont and colleagues support the view that alcohol plays a major role in drug-facilitated sexual assault. ... Previously, Weir noted that cases of drug-facilitated sexual assault were frequently found to involve alcohol, marijuana or ... Butler, B; Welch, J (2009). "Drug-facilitated sexual assault". CMAJ. 180: 493-4. doi:10.1503/cmaj.090006. PMC 2645469 . PMID ... Most of these victims didn't remember having been assaulted, but a few recalled one or more men having assaulted them, but were ...
... sexual assault); unlawful deportation of a civilian; unlawful transfer of a civilian; unlawful confinement of a civilian; ...
... sexual assault); unlawful deportation of a civilian; unlawful transfer of a civilian; unlawful confinement of a civilian; ...
"Egypt's sexual assault epidemic". Al Jazeera. Retrieved 10 June 2014. As it stands, under Egyptian law sexual harassment is not ... We Are Sthlm sexual assaults Crime in Sweden Under-reporting Rape statistics National Centre for Knowledge on Men's Violence ... For example, in 1992 a legislative change came into force which shifted the dividing line between sexual assault and rape. This ... This resulted in numerous cases of rape and sexual assault going unreported. The Swedish prosecution system is governed by the ...
"Fighting Campus Sexual Assault". New England Journal of Higher Education. Retrieved 4 October 2014. Allen, Samantha. "Tolman ... Tolman prioritized bringing colleges and universities together to take action on campus sexual assault, standing up for ...
"Presidential Proclamation - National Sexual Assault Awareness Month". 2010-04-02. Retrieved 2016-07-18. "Sexual Assault ... National Poetry Month National Volunteer Month Records and Information Management Month Sexual Assault Awareness Month Sikh ...
55 (RR-6). "Rape (sexual assault) - overview". U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved 2013-11-21. Holmes, MM; ... Sexual intercourse may be vaginal, anal, or oral, and may involve the use of a body part or an object. A longitudinal study in ... Vaginal sexual activity without the use of contraception through choice or coercion is the predominant cause of unintended ... Rape is defined as sexual intercourse that is forced on a person without his or her permission. It may involve physical force, ...
He was charged with: 9 counts of grave breaches of the Geneva conventions (wilful killing; inhuman treatment (sexual assault); ...
An ILO mission in 2000 reported that "the number of assassinations, abductions, death threats and other violent assaults on ... Sexual and. reproductive. *Abortion. *Family planning. *Freedom from involuntary female genital mutilation ... Panitch, Leo & Swartz, Donald (2003). From consent to coercion: The assault on trade union freedoms, third edition. Ontario: ...
The majority of the remainder result from falls and assaults that are often, especially in younger persons, alcohol related, ... and often reduced rather than increased sexual interest. Occasionally more dramatic positive and impulsive, or negative and ... Thirty six year old man: assault. (A) Computed tomography (CT) acutely shows superficial haemorrhagic frontotemporal contusion ...
... from CDC ... Because child sexual-assault survivors are at increased risk for future unsafe sexual practices that have been linked to higher ... HIV seroconversion has occurred in persons whose only known risk factor was sexual assault or sexual abuse, but the frequency ... Children might be at higher risk for HIV acquisition than adolescent and adult sexual assault or sexual abuse survivors because ...
Congressional efforts to combat sexual assault in the military secured the support of the Obama administration as senior White ... such as sexual assault. Their bill would also require that an individual found guilty of rape, sexual assault, forcible sodomy ... The Army, which is the only service to see an actual decline in reported sexual assaults last year, focused on its I. A.M. ... The statistics on sexual assaults emerged against a backdrop of scandals, including an ongoing investigation into more than 30 ...
A nurse who was responsible for caring for the victim is charged with sexual assault and vulnerable adult abuse after baby was ... Nurse arrested in sexual assault of incapacitated woman at Phoenix facility. Bree Burkitt, Mackenzie Shuman and Craig Harris, ... Nurse arrested in sexual assault of incapacitated woman at Phoenix facility. A nurse who was responsible for caring for the ... Nurse arrested in sexual assault of incapacitated woman at Phoenix facility A nurse who was responsible for caring for the ...
... Resources and materials from NotAlone.gov are now accessible on www.ChangingOurCampus. ... Fact Sheet: Final "Its On Us" Summit and Report of the White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault, January ... Sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking are serious problems on college and university campuses. OVWs ... Campus climate surveys are essential because they generate data on the nature and extent of sexual assault on campuses, as well ...
Award-winning news and culture, features breaking news, in-depth reporting and criticism on politics, business, entertainment and technology.
... Month (SAAM) At Montgomery County Correctional Facility. The Month of April is National Sexual Assault ... of a sexual assault. The Montgomery County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) held an evening to proclaim support, honor ... Sexual Assault Awareness Myths and Resources. Art work and written SAAM reflections from both men and women incarcerated at ... Sexual Assault Awareness Month , An Evening to Listen and Learn April 2018 ...
... Violence Prevention and Response Services (Brochure). Role of the Sexual ... Assisting Victims of Sexual Assault. *Individuals who are contacted by a victim of sexual assault at Central Washington ... and responding to sexual assault and rape for all members of the university community. The Sexual Violence Commission oversees ... The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner will also provide services at Planned Parenthood in Ellensburg. The victim should not shower ...
... some schools are working to enact new policies to better protect students from sexual misconduct. ... As ongoing federal investigations of sexual assault negligence continue at universities across the country, ... Many colleges have vowed to review and update sexual assault policies. UNC, for example, assembled a sexual assault task force ... Amid inquiries, colleges revise sexual assault policies. As ongoing federal investigations of sexual assault negligence ...
July 30, 2004) -- University of Kentucky Police have arrested a man in McCreary County in the case of a sexual assault that ... A female visitor to UK Hospital reported that she had been sexually assaulted sometime between 2:30 and 3:30 a.m. Saturday, ...
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without ...
Home , Violence , Sexual Assault General Information. General Information: Sexual Assault. Emergency 911. CWU Police (509) 925- ... A trained Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner will perform the forensic exam. All of the trained Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners in ... Many people are concerned about contracting AIDS after a sexual assault. The chance of getting AIDS from a sexual assault are ... ASPEN (24 - hour assault response) 1-509-925-9384. *If You Have Experienced Sexual Assault ...
The Supreme Court of Canada on Friday upheld the sexual assault conviction of a Nova Scotia man for poking holes in his condoms ... Katie Couric on Matt Lauers Sexual Assault Allegations: Its Incredibly Upsetting. 184 reactions3%71%26% ... "We conclude that there was no consent in this case by reason of fraud... Mr Hutchinson is therefore guilty of sexual assault," ... OTTAWA (Reuters) - The Supreme Court of Canada on Friday upheld the sexual assault conviction of a Nova Scotia man for poking ...
Question: What is the rationale for administrating HPV vaccine in the case of sexual assault?. Victims of sexual assault are at ... Survivors of sexual assault are also at higher risk of being lost to follow-up. It is therefore recommended that HPV vaccine be ... The vaccine should be administered to sexual assault survivors at the time of the initial examination, and the follow-up doses ... Recommendations for postexposure HIV risk assessment of adolescent and adult survivors within 72 hours of sexual assault:. * * ...
... plus how to find a sexual assault referral centre. ... Find out about sexual assault and rape: what it is, where to ... Help after rape and sexual assault - Sexual health Secondary navigation. * Sex facts Female sexual problems Male sexual ... What is sexual assault?. A sexual assault is any sexual act that a person did not consent to, or is forced into against their ... It is not uncommon for a victim of sexual assault to have no physical injuries or signs of their assault. But sexual assault is ...
Our program is comitted to reducing the trauma of sexual assault, crime and violence, as well as providing community education ... Sexual Assault & Crime Victims Assistance Program. Troy, NY. , http://www.nehealth.com/Medical_Care/SAM/Sexual_Assault_Center/ ... Our program is comitted to reducing the trauma of sexual assault, crime and violence, as well as providing community education ... Our program is comitted to reducing the trauma of sexual assault, crime and violence, as well as providing community education ...
Efforts must focus on reducing the risk of sexual assault and drug-facilitated sexual assault. The fact that alcohol is easily ... The authors report that 20.9% of victims of sexual assault met the criteria for drug-facilitated sexual assault. These victims ... may all deal with sexual assault. It is essential for everyone involved in dealing with sexual assault to work in partnership ... including drug-facilitated sexual assault, drug-and-alcohol facilitated rape, and incapacitated rape. Drug-facilitated sexual ...
... time for sexual assault burden to shift to men. Anne Kingston: Its becoming clear that the way we talk about sexual assault ... Darshan Kang and the arithmetic of sexual assault. It took almost 60 complainants to bring Bill Cosby to trial. It was in the ... Why men who sexually harass and assault women must come forward. Hashtags like #MeToo have helped reveal the scope of sexual ... The finer details of the biggest sexual assault trial in history shine a hopeful light on the future of similar cases ...
Kings coach Luke Walton sued for sexual assault. A female sports reporter has accused new Sacramento Kings coach Luke Walton of ... Alleged victim of Kevin Spacey sexual assault filmed part of incident. A young man who accused Kevin Spacey of sexually ... Two of the women who have accused Bill Cosby of sexual assault decades ago said Sunday they hope he will be sentenced to prison ... Sexual assault allegation against Trump court pick Brett Kavanaugh wont lead to charges but will question his fitness ...
High numbers of reported assaults are often a sign a college is doing a better job addressing the issue. See the interactive ... The 55 schools currently facing Title IX sexual assault investigations averaged 12 reported assaults in 2012. The ten schools ... nearly one in five women is the victim of sexual assault or an attempted assault while attending college. Reporting levels for ... The prevalence of sexual assault on college campuses is often masked by low levels of reporting, as Eliza Gray reported in a ...
A program that community organizations used to pay for sexual assault counsellors is coming to an end. And thats left ... A program that community organizations used to pay for sexual assault counsellors is coming to an end. And thats left ... Funding for sexual assault counselling ending. Information Morning - NS. February 15, 2018 ...
"Despite the link between substance abuse and sexual assault it appears that few sexual assault and/or risk reduction programs ... Its closely associated with sexual assault. And yet were reluctant to tell women to stop doing it.. By Emily Yoffe ... The "Campus Sexual Assault Study" of 2007, undertaken for the Department of Justice, found that the popular belief that many ... "Most sexual assaults occur after voluntary consumption of alcohol by the victim and assailant," the report states. But the ...
For more information and detail as to how SFU Campus Security can help you, visit the Sexual Assault Support and Services page. ... If you or someone you know is affected by sexual assault, the options described here are available at SFU to provide support ... In the event of a sexual assault, Campus Security will provide you with immediate support and advice. The Personal Security ... Home / Campus Safety & Security Services / Personal Security / Safety Programs & Guides / Personal Safety Guides / Sexual ...
A special education teacher faces sex charges after allegedly having sexual contact with one of his students. Kelly Laker, 61, ... A special education teacher faces sex charges after allegedly having sexual contact with one of his students. Kelly Laker, 61, ...
Sexual Assault Response & Prevention Center. You dont have to go through this alone. ... Our particular focus is sexual trauma and rape. We also assist survivors of physical assault, interpersonal violence, and other ...
SexuallyVictims of sexualMisconductSurvivors of sexualAwarenessCampusesForcibleHarvey WeinsteinVictim of sexualOccurOffenders20162019Risk of committing seSurvivorOffensesResponse to sexual assaultNurse examinerReferral centreExaminer2017Brett Kavanaugh2018PerpetratorSearchAllegedlyOfficialsAbusePrevention of sexualTraumaAssailantGuilty of sexual assaultCampusReportIncidentRape and sexualForensic evidenceSANEInvestigationCountsAccusationUniversity'sAdultOffences2000Uniformed servicesPrevent sexualSARTConsensual sexualPerpetrators of sexualAllegations of sexual harassmentAlcohol
- Among sexually active adults, the identification of an STD might represent an infection acquired before the assault, and therefore might be more important for the medical management of the patient than for legal purposes. (cdc.gov)
- Trichomoniasis, BV, gonorrhea, and chlamydial infection are the most frequently diagnosed infections among women who have been sexually assaulted. (cdc.gov)
- Despite various oversight and assistance programs, troubling new numbers estimate that up to 26,000 military members may have been sexually assaulted last year, according to results of a survey. (yahoo.com)
- PHOENIX - Phoenix police arrested a 36-year-old nurse at Hacienda HealthCare facility, alleging he sexually assaulted and impregnated an incapacitated woman at the center. (usatoday.com)
- A female visitor to UK Hospital reported that she had been sexually assaulted sometime between 2:30 and 3:30 a.m. Saturday, July 24. (uky.edu)
- If you have been sexually assaulted, whether as an adult or a young person, it is important to remember that it wasn't your fault. (www.nhs.uk)
- If you've been sexually assaulted, there are services that can help. (www.nhs.uk)
- There are also specially trained advisers available in some SARCs or voluntary organisations to help people who have been sexually assaulted. (www.nhs.uk)
- A young man who accused Kevin Spacey of sexually assaulting him at a seaside restaurant near Boston in 2016 filmed part of the incident, according to court filings obtained by AFP. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Democrats have been calling on the FBI to investigate a woman's claim that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were both in high school. (japantimes.co.jp)
- As soon as the school year begins, so do reports of female students sexually assaulted by their male classmates. (slate.com)
- I'm not saying a woman is responsible for being sexually victimized," says Christopher Krebs , one of the authors of that study and others on campus sexual assault. (slate.com)
- The experience left scars, but it wasn't until she was sexually assaulted again during her junior year of college that she developed post-traumatic stress disorder, causing her to constantly relive her trauma in nightmares and flashbacks. (theatlantic.com)
- The 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey found that 47% of transgender people are sexually assaulted at some point in their lifetime. (hrc.org)
- Among people of color, American Indian (65%), multiracial (59%), Middle Eastern (58%) and Black (53%) respondents to the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey are the most likely groups to have been sexually assaulted in their lifetime. (hrc.org)
- If you have been sexually assaulted, it is not your fault, and you are not alone. (womenshealth.gov)
- A former University of Colorado student was sentenced to two years in jail and probation for sexually assaulting a drunk classmate under the guise of caring for her, a sentence that's drawing criticism for not fitting the crime. (cnn.com)
- Due to the wide range of sexually aggressive behaviour s and the many different underlying motivations, it is impossible to establish a typical profile of a perpetrator of sexual assault. (inspq.qc.ca)
- 6 As such, this term relies on an analogy with the hunter who stalks and hunts down prey to portray an individual who allegedly is constantly "on the prowl" for potential targets to sexually assault. (inspq.qc.ca)
- The term child sexual abuser refers to a person who sexually abuses minors. (inspq.qc.ca)
- The term pedophile is often mistakenly used in the general population to refer to any person who sexually abuses children, 2 whereas, in reality, only a minority of perpetrators of child sexual abuse meet the diagnostic criteria of pedophilia. (inspq.qc.ca)
- This male individual walked with her briefly, then pushed her to the ground and sexually assaulted her. (umass.edu)
- A Connecticut Navy veteran who was sexually assaulted while serving in Japan has been awarded an honorable discharge after she challenged the "bad paper" discharge status she had been given. (courant.com)
- It found that Navy members serving on ships had the highest risk of being sexually assaulted, and cited assignments in Japan as having one of the highest risks of assault, with about 150 sexual assaults on sailors there that year. (courant.com)
- The report also states that in many cases, military installations with high concentrations of young and junior-ranking personnel were at greatest risk of being sexually assaulted. (courant.com)
- A woman alleges in a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday that New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown sexually assaulted her on three occasions in 2017 and 2018. (shreveporttimes.com)
- Brown's lawyer, Darren Heitner, said in a statement that his client had a 'consensual personal relationship' with Taylor but denied raping or sexually assaulting her. (shreveporttimes.com)
- WEST POINT, Miss. (CN) - A Mississippi hospital faces a negligence lawsuit for claims that its now-imprisoned paramedic sexually assaulted a patient in the back of an ambulance while the driver recorded some of it on his cellphone. (courthousenews.com)
- She says that in route from the Oxford hospital to the health care facility in Columbus, hospital paramedic Bryan Englebert sexually battered and assaulted her in the back of the ambulance. (courthousenews.com)
- ST. LOUIS (CN) - Evanston Insurance is not liable for a $220,000 judgment against a massage therapist who sexually assaulted a female client, the 8th Circuit ruled. (courthousenews.com)
- While having a massage at the resort spa, she was allegedly sexually assaulted by the male masseuse. (prweb.com)
- ELDORADO, Tex. - One of the leaders of a polygamist sect was convicted Thursday night of sexually assaulting an under-age girl whom the church elders had assigned to him as one of his nine wives. (nytimes.com)
- Victims are not responsible for being sexually assaulted. (inspq.qc.ca)
- Anyone can be sexually assaulted during his or her lifetime. (inspq.qc.ca)
- The community and societal factors identified as being associated with an increased risk that children and young people will be sexually abused show that sexual abuse is a social phenomenon that concerns the population as a whole. (inspq.qc.ca)
- Various societal factors have been associated with an increased risk of being sexually abused as a child, in particular: hypersexualization of young people in a society, a history of denial in a society that child sexual abuse occurs, traditional norms regarding gender roles, the presence of an ideology of male sexual entitlement, weak legal sanctions against child sexual abuse, and social norms that support sexual abuse. (inspq.qc.ca)
- She says the woman says the man attacked her from behind, dragged her into a grassy area near her dorm and sexually assaulted her. (radioiowa.com)
- Six months after he was found guilty of sexually assaulting a 21-year old in the back of his police cruiser, a York Regional Police officer has been charged with two more counts of sexual assault and two counts of breach of trust by a public officer. (thestar.com)
- A 26-year-old woman alleged that she was sexually assaulted between August and December of 2014. (thestar.com)
- However on Sunday, the New York Times revealed that Argento paid $380,000 to Jimmy Bennet, a young rock musician and former child actor who has accused her of sexually assaulting him in a California hotel room in 2013, when he was 17. (france24.com)
- Many college women who have been sexually abused not only fear their attackers or those similar to them, but often have trouble trusting anyone after being assaulted. (psychcentral.com)
- Students who have been sexually assaulted, have witnessed a sexual assault or have information about a sexual assault are urged to report the information to the Beloit College Security Office or the Office of Residential Life, and to the Beloit Police Department. (beloit.edu)
- DURHAM, N.H. - The University of New Hampshire police department is investigating a report that a student was sexually assaulted in her dorm room by a stranger. (pressherald.com)
- The Sexual Assault Treatment Unit (SATU) is a safe place that you can go to when you have or think you may have been raped or sexually assaulted. (hse.ie)
- We will talk about the different options of care that you may wish to avail of such as, medical and sexual health care e.g. emergency contraception to prevent a pregnancy, medication for the prevention of sexually transmitted infections and minor wound care management. (hse.ie)
- If you have been sexually assaulted within the last seven days but are too stressed, confused or afraid to report the assault, then we can still help. (hse.ie)
- If you have been sexually assaulted a long time ago, we can discuss what care and support options are most suitable for you at this time. (hse.ie)
- I was sexually assaulted when I was 17. (scarleteen.com)
- Reade told journalist Katie Halper in an interview published Tuesday that Biden repeatedly touched her without her consent and sexually assaulted her. (nationofchange.org)
- Here's a reminder that Trump has been accused of sexually assaulting a string of women . (motherjones.com)
- Those who were already binge drinkers in high school continued drinking at a similar rate during their freshman year of university, and of those young women who engaged in binge drinking of at least four to six drinks, 25% of them said that they had been sexually victimized during the fall semester -- which could entail anything from unwanted sexual contact to rape, they added. (redorbit.com)
- Former Tory MP Charlie Elphicke has been found guilty of sexually assaulting two women. (yahoo.com)
- Former Conservative MP Charlie Elphicke arriving at Southwark Crown Court in London where he is on trial accused of three counts of sexually assaulting two women. (yahoo.com)
- Elphicke told jurors he wanted an affair with the parliamentary worker, but denied sexually assaulting her, telling the court he had not touched the woman inappropriately. (yahoo.com)
- Dr Buckley added: "People have not been aware of the serious medical complications that may follow sexual assault such as hepatitis, HIV or gonorrhea and when we see them with the police referrals at the same time (as evidence is being gathered) we can offer them a sexually transmitted disease test and treatment if they are at risk. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- And, of course, when any man is sexually assaulted, they really wonder whether or not they fit into this warrior culture. (dailypress.com)
- The Sun spoke with seven former service members who say they were sexually assaulted while in uniform. (dailypress.com)
- In March, he became the first man to testify before Congress about being sexually assaulted in the military. (dailypress.com)
- Once one of Hollywood's most influential producers, Weinstein, 67, was found guilty of sexually assaulting former production assistant Mimi Haleyi in 2006 and raping Jessica Mann, a onetime aspiring actress, in 2013. (reuters.com)
- Five 13-year-old girls have reported being sexually assaulted by classmates at a Salt Lake middle school, Salt Lake police say. (deseretnews.com)
- they are sexually assaulted and abused by their spouses and intimate partners. (stopvaw.org)
- A 43-year-old woman was walking towards Stacey Avenue when a man who was walking towards her grabbed her and sexually assaulted her. (heart.co.uk)
- The third incident happened about 20 minutes later in Cambridge Street in Wolverton, when a 23-year-old woman was grabbed from behind and sexually assaulted. (heart.co.uk)
- The Pentagon has estimated that as many as 26,000 military members may have been sexually assaulted in 2012, based on an anonymous survey. (csmonitor.com)
- In July 2012, a teenage girl was sexually assaulted for up to 45 minutes by a large group of men outside a bar in Guwahati, Assam. (wikipedia.org)
- British television presenter Saira Khan said in 2016 that she had been sexually assaulted by a crowd in Pakistan in 2007 while filming a documentary for the BBC. (wikipedia.org)
- On 11 June 2000 at least 44 women reported being sexually assaulted and robbed by a group of 60 men during the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York. (wikipedia.org)
- In July 2015, there were allegations that at least 20 girls or women at the Ho Tay water park in Hanoi, Vietnam were reportedly sexually assaulted by a group of more than 70 men who assaulted, scratched and inappropriately touched them. (wikipedia.org)
- in German) Helen Pidd, "Indian anger over media footage of girl being sexually assaulted" Archived 2017-02-02 at the Wayback Machine. (wikipedia.org)
- The services have developed videos and materials that target various groups, including academy students, senior leaders and service members who were victims of sexual assault before they joined the military. (yahoo.com)
- Swarthmore, which is currently under federal investigation, instated wide-ranging new policies, including the addition of a new administrator to serve as an advocate for victims of sexual violence. (usatoday.com)
- Victims of sexual assault are at increased risk for STI acquisition, including HPV, since they are at increased risk for repeat sexual assault, increased number of lifetime sex partners, lower odds of being screened for cervical cancer, and increased risk of abnormal cervical cytology. (cdc.gov)
- The authors report that 20.9% of victims of sexual assault met the criteria for drug-facilitated sexual assault. (cmaj.ca)
- For clinicians caring for victims of sexual assault, a nonjudgemental approach is essential. (cmaj.ca)
- All Milwaukee residents are encouraged to wear jeans to show solidarity with victims of sexual violence, city officials said in a news release. (jsonline.com)
- 2013-06-28T05:28:12-04:00 https://images.c-span.org/Files/fa2/20130628054000001_hd.jpg The Defense Department's independent review panel investigating the military's handling of sexual assault heard testimony about the differing approaches taken towards victims of sexual crimes in the civilian and military justice systems. (c-span.org)
- The Defense Department's independent review panel investigating the military's handling of sexual assault heard testimony about the differing approaches taken towards victims of sexual crimes in the civilian and military justice systems. (c-span.org)
- USA TODAY does not typically identify victims of sexual assault unless they decide to come forward publicly, as Taylor has in this case. (shreveporttimes.com)
- Nurses are accustomed to providing medical care along with compassion, and this becomes especially important when treating victims of sexual assault. (ajc.com)
- She said studies show that 1 in 5 women are victims of sexual assault while in college and more than 1 in 10 high school girls are forced to have sex. (chicagotribune.com)
- It may provide new clues on how to counteract the drug's effects, or to enhance its metabolism and decrease toxicity for chronic abusers or victims of sexual assault. (redorbit.com)
- Colby Bruno, senior legal counsel for the Boston-based Victim Rights Law Center, said it is not uncommon for victims of sexual assault or harassment to turn to social media to seek redress, particularly when they belong to a tight-knit community with its own structures for leadership and discipline, such as a college campus, a religious sect or the military. (chicagotribune.com)
- Her account - and those of many other women - inspired the global #MeToo movement , which has encouraged victims of sexual harassment and assault to speak out about their experiences. (france24.com)
- This story reinforces what victims of sexual abuse already know: that coming forward is complicated. (france24.com)
- Both HB 106 and HB 284 send an obvious message to victims of sexual assault that they are less credible than other victims of a crime," Grady Sexton said. (concordmonitor.com)
- The Sexual Assault Response Project (SARP) was developed in response to a lack of accessibility to trained medical forensic examiners (sometimes referred to as SANE programs) for victims of sexual assault. (colorado.gov)
- Develop locally based Medical Forensic Exam Programs (MFEP) throughout rural Colorado for adult and adolescent victims of sexual assault. (colorado.gov)
- The policy was developed based on recommendations from the department's Joint Task Force on Care for Victims of Sexual Assault. (womensenews.org)
- The nurses are specially trained to work with victims of sexual assault or abuse through specific education and clinical preparation. (yorkdispatch.com)
- Victims of sexual assaults need to know that they are encouraged to report offenses immediately to the Student Development personnel, the staff at the Counseling Center and/or Student Health Center on campus, on-campus security personnel, and/or go to the hospital emergency room. (snu.edu)
- As ongoing federal investigations of sexual assault negligence continue at universities across the country, some schools are working to enact new policies to better protect students from sexual misconduct. (usatoday.com)
- Among other changes, the college will create an online education course for new students and sexual misconduct training for resident assistants and other faculty and staff. (usatoday.com)
- Any school involved in a federal investigation will have to update its sexual misconduct policies. (usatoday.com)
- Students who have been the victims of a sex offense or other type of sexual misconduct can request modifications in their on-campus living and/or academic arrangements. (cwu.edu)
- President Donald Trump, fighting to shore up his nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court in a divided U.S. Senate, on Tuesday called sexual misconduct allegations against the judge "a con game being played by the Democrats. (japantimes.co.jp)
- In 2013, Nungesser was cleared of disciplinary charges of sexual misconduct. (newsday.com)
- Unlike Gambill, Sulkowicz took deliberate action to publicize Nungesser's name (despite Columbia policies that urge everyone involved in sexual misconduct cases to respect the parties' confidentiality). (newsday.com)
- Nungesser's lawsuit is one in a series of complaints by male students who allege gender discrimination after facing charges of campus sexual misconduct. (newsday.com)
- In a lawsuit filed Thursday, the plaintiff - who was accused of and found responsible for sexual misconduct, and who uses the pseudonym "John Doe" in court papers to protect his identity and that of his accuser - argues that a 2011 letter from the U.S. Department of Education was a mandate improperly imposed on universities. (wnd.com)
- These behaviors are a violation of our sexual misconduct policy outlined in the N.C. A&T Student Code of Conduct and North Carolina law. (ncat.edu)
- Some of the most concerning findings regarding sexual misconduct tell us that, even with the strong foundation we have built, we must approach this work in new and different ways, with an ever deeper commitment to the well-being of our community," DeGioia wrote. (thehoya.com)
- The survey, which is based on the Association of American Universities Sexual Assault and Misconduct Climate Survey, has an average 19 percent participation rate among 27 participating schools. (thehoya.com)
- I'd say that what they underline for us is that this is a serious issue on our campus and that while we've put a lot of work into responding to and educating about and preventing sexual misconduct, it's clear that we still have work to do, and we're committed to doing that work," Olson said. (thehoya.com)
- According to Olson, it is important the university does not shy away from raising awareness of sexual assault in an effort to reduce reports of sexual misconduct. (thehoya.com)
- But at the same time our ultimate goal is to do away with sexual assault and sexual misconduct on our campus," Olson said. (thehoya.com)
- Twenty-four percent of students reported being "very" or "extremely" knowledgeable about where to find help for survivors of sexual assault, while 18.9 percent of students reported being "very" or "extremely" knowledgeable about where to report a case of sexual assault or misconduct. (thehoya.com)
- In April, an Internet campaign to have a Yale University professor investigated for sexual misconduct erupted after a female graduate student anonymously wrote an essay for Thought Catalog about having sex with him. (chicagotribune.com)
- With colleges and universities around the country reevaluating how they deal with sexual misconduct complaints, Yale University reported recently that a disciplinary committee has expelled two men charged with sexual assault. (courant.com)
- The release detailed 64 complaints of sexual misconduct filed between Jan. 1 and June 30 of this year, including 29 involving sexual assault, which Yale defines as any unwanted sexual touching. (courant.com)
- The report shines light on Yale's multi-tiered adjudication system, under which those who wish to report sexual misconduct have three different venues: the Yale Police Department (YPD), the Yale Title IX office, and Yale's University-wide Committee on Sexual Assault (UWC). (courant.com)
- Given the violating nature of sexual misconduct, it is important that those who have experienced it retain as much control as possible over the actions taken in response. (courant.com)
- The University is committed to providing an environment of well-being, learning, and accountability for its members by preventing the occurrence of discriminatory harassment and sexual misconduct and addressing its effects. (wesleyan.edu)
- You can learn more about the Process for Investigating and Resolving Student Sexual Misconduct Complaints on page 25 of the Student Handbook. (wesleyan.edu)
- Additionally, this chart overlays the process by which the University investigates & adjudicates a report that an individual has engaged in conduct that could violate the sexual misconduct portion of the Policy Prohibiting Discriminatory Harassment & Sexual Misconduct. (wesleyan.edu)
- Sexual assault and sexual misconduct, including non-consensual intercourse and non-consensual sexual contact seriously infringe on the rights of others, violate the standards of acceptable behavior at Beloit College and may be illegal in the State of Wisconsin. (beloit.edu)
- Beloit College will do all that is reasonably possible to offer safety, privacy, sensitivity, and support to persons reporting sexual assault and sexual misconduct, as well as offer educational programming to decrease the risk of sexual assault and sexual misconduct on campus. (beloit.edu)
- The college urges students to learn about the steps that can be taken to prevent sexual assault and sexual misconduct. (beloit.edu)
- NEW YORK (Reuters) - Former movie producer Harvey Weinstein was convicted of sexual assault and rape in a New York court on Monday and taken off to jail in handcuffs, a victory for the #MeToo movement that inspired women to publicly accuse powerful men of misconduct. (reuters.com)
- More than 80 women, including famous actresses, accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct stretching back decades. (reuters.com)
- The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden. (nytimes.com)
- FORT BRAGG, N.C. - The sexual assault case against an Army general was thrown into jeopardy Monday when the judge said the military may have improperly pressed ahead with a trial to send a message about its determination to curb rape and other widespread misconduct. (csmonitor.com)
- Examinations of survivors of sexual assault should be conducted by an experienced clinician in a way that minimizes further trauma to the survivor. (cdc.gov)
- Students put on high heels and walked in solidarity to show support for survivors of sexual violence. (usatoday.com)
- Survivors of sexual assault are also at higher risk of being lost to follow-up. (cdc.gov)
- Additionally, for LGBTQ survivors of sexual assault, LGBTQ identities -- and the discrimination faced surrounding those identities -- often make LGBTQ people hesitant to seek support from police, hospitals, shelters or rape crisis centers, the very resources that are supposed to help. (hrc.org)
- The survey also indicated a lack of awareness among students about resources available to survivors of sexual assault. (thehoya.com)
- The university currently makes reporting and resource information available on its website and around campus - including in the Stall Seat Journal in all university bathrooms - and recently released a new GOCard including contact information for resources available to survivors of sexual assault. (thehoya.com)
- On Wednesday night, scores of students rallied on the university's Hyde Park campus to show support for survivors of sexual assault and other types of violence. (chicagotribune.com)
- The events are presented by the WellSpring and several campus groups, including ULM Counseling Center, Femhawks, Title IX Task Force and Alpha Kappa Alpha Inc. Items for care packages for victims and survivors of sexual assault will be collected throughout the month. (ulm.edu)
- Denim Day - Wear jeans to show solidarity with victims and survivors of sexual assault. (ulm.edu)
- We cannot stand idly by while survivors of sexual assault are being silenced right here in our state. (nj.com)
- Studies have shown survivors of sexual assault are more likely to suffer from lasting symptoms of depression and anxiety. (nj.com)
- During National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month, we reaffirm our commitment to supporting survivors of sexual assault, encouraging strong criminal justice responses to these crimes, and ending the scourge of sexual violence in our homes and communities. (whitehouse.gov)
- Further, DOJ and the Department of Health and Human Services have identified best practices in the collection and preservation of forensic evidence, as well as in the care and treatment of survivors of sexual assault. (whitehouse.gov)
- I urge all Americans, families, law enforcement personnel, healthcare providers, and community and faith-based organizations to support survivors of sexual assault and work together to prevent these crimes in their communities. (whitehouse.gov)
- The Month of April is National Sexual Assault Awareness Month. (montgomerycountymd.gov)
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). (unh.edu)
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, a time to stand with survivors, raise awareness and reflect on how communities are affected by violence. (hrc.org)
- During the month of April, the UNH community as well as many other communities across the nation will be participating in Sexual Assault Awareness Month.The National Sexual Violence and Resource Center states that the Sexual Assault Awareness Month is intended to "raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence. (unh.edu)
- This year, Sexual Assault Awareness Month focuses on healthy sexuality and sexual abuse of children. (unh.edu)
- WASHINGTON -- The Navy announced the 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) theme of "Courage" and issued guidance to focus efforts on awareness and prevention of sexual violence in NAVADMIN 075/13 released March 25. (military.com)
- Navy installations and commands around the world will be organizing activities to raise awareness of sexual assault throughout the month. (military.com)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month is a campaign to raise public awareness about sexual violence and educate communities on how to prevent it. (csuohio.edu)
- Dessert & Discuss: Sexual Assault & Intimate Partner Violence Awareness. (csuohio.edu)
- Health Education Services Associate Director Jen Schweer said reports of nonconsensual sexual contact will most likely rise as awareness of sexual assault grows on campus. (thehoya.com)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month is an opportunity to raise public awareness about sexual violence. (ihs.gov)
- In recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Hemet's Center Against Sexual Assault will hold a "Take Back the Night" event from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 24 in Gibbel Park. (pe.com)
- 1in6 urges colleges and universities to remember the silent male survivor during their Sexual Assault Awareness Month (S.A.A.M.) events this April 2013. (prweb.com)
- With this year's Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) almost upon us, people are engaged, inspired and challenged to reach more students than ever before. (prweb.com)
- During April, the University of Louisiana Monroe will host four events to raise public awareness and provide education on preventing sexual violence. (ulm.edu)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Seminar at 5:30 p.m. in Nursing Auditorium. (ulm.edu)
- Facilitated each April by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, Sexual Assault Awareness Month educates communities and raises public awareness about how to prevent sexual assault. (cnbc.com)
- As a result, both the American and Canadian Horseshoe Falls will be illuminated in teal (blue and green lighting mix), the official color of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, on April 2, for 15 minutes starting at 10 p.m. (cnbc.com)
- To learn more about Sexual Assault Awareness Month, go to www.nsvrc.org/saam . (cnbc.com)
- Called NO MORE, this undertaking "is designed to end the stigma and shame of domestic violence and sexual assault, drive new awareness and activate involvement," the organizers explained in the news release. (medicinenet.com)
- In an announcement late Friday, President Donald Trump proclaimed April as National Sexual Assault and Prevention Month, vowing to commit his administration to raising awareness on the issue and "reduce and eventually end violence" against women, children, and men. (motherjones.com)
- National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention month occurs every year . (motherjones.com)
- Around nine in 10 who suffer rape or other sexual abuse do not report for help but the head of the unit in Antrim said they will be more likely to attend because public awareness of the service is increasing. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim April 2020 as National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month. (whitehouse.gov)
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and colleges around York County have been working to educate people on the issue that happens on college campuses around the nation. (yorkdispatch.com)
- The following are a list of past, present and ongoing campus initiatives that promote sexual assault awareness or bystander awareness for members of Duquesne University. (duq.edu)
- Campus climate surveys are essential because they generate data on the nature and extent of sexual assault on campuses, as well as campus attitudes surrounding sexual assault. (justice.gov)
- The prevalence of sexual assault on college campuses is often masked by low levels of reporting, as Eliza Gray reported in a recent TIME cover story . (time.com)
- We hear in the news about all sorts of sexual victimization on campuses across America. (psychcentral.com)
- According to the most recent statistics collected under that law, there were 48 reports of forcible sexual assault at campuses across the state in 2010, including 12 at the University of New Hampshire, the state's largest university with approximately 15,000 students. (pressherald.com)
- The first step in reducing the prevalence of sexual assault on college campuses is improving the way in which we handle allegations and making it clear to students that their actions have consequences. (nj.com)
- Roughly one in five women will experience rape or sexual assault during their time in college, and 90 percent of sexual assault survivors on college campuses do not report their assault. (nj.com)
- The program is intended to shine light on sexual assaults on college campuses through education about what sexual assault is and how it can affect a survivor. (yorkdispatch.com)
- Title IX requires institutions to take necessary steps to prevent sexual assault on their campuses, and to respond promptly and effectively when an assault is reported. (sjcc.edu)
- Numbers show on-campus and off-campus forcible and non-forcible sexual assaults. (time.com)
- Forcible and non forcible sexual assaults are available from 2006 to 2012 from the Department of Education's annual security reports . (time.com)
- A broad term that encompasses any forcible sexual activity that occurs without the victim's consent. (marshall.edu)
- Dartmouth College, with about 6,000 students, also had 12 reports of forcible sexual assault in 2010, compared with 22 in 2008 and 10 in 2009. (pressherald.com)
- The jury acquitted Weinstein on two counts of predatory sexual assault and first degree rape - forcible sexual intercourse - of Mann. (reuters.com)
- Argento, 42, was among the first women in the film industry to publicly accuse Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault, detailing her rape and subsequent relationship with the producer in an incendiary article by Ronan Farrow published in The New Yorker last year. (france24.com)
- Our commonality is the shared pain of being assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. (france24.com)
- A statement for the #MeToo movement said: "The jury worked with an incredibly narrow and unjust set of laws governing sexual assault, and though he was not convicted on all counts, Harvey Weinstein will have to answer for his crimes. (reuters.com)
- Film producer Harvey Weinstein is handcuffed after his guilty verdict in his sexual assault trial in the Manhattan borough of New York City, New York, U.S., February 24, 2020 in this courtroom sketch. (reuters.com)
- It is not uncommon for a victim of sexual assault to have no physical injuries or signs of their assault. (www.nhs.uk)
- According to research from the Department of Health and Human Services [ pdf ], nearly one in five women is the victim of sexual assault or an attempted assault while attending college. (time.com)
- Risk factors for sexual assault are conditions, circumstances or characteristics associated with an individual or his or her environment that increase the likelihood of the individual becoming a perpetrator or a victim of sexual assault. (inspq.qc.ca)
- Various individual, relationship, community and societal factors are associated with an increased risk that a child or an adult will become a victim of sexual assault. (inspq.qc.ca)
- The greater the number of sexual assault risk factors, the greater is the likelihood that a person will be a perpetrator or a victim of sexual assault. (inspq.qc.ca)
- One in six young women said they were the victim of sexual assault, compared to one in 50 young men. (medicinenet.com)
- Most sexual assaults occur after voluntary consumption of alcohol by the victim and assailant," the report states. (slate.com)
- Sexual assaults can occur between a male and female, male and male, or female and female. (marshall.edu)
- Drug facilitated sexual assaults occur when a drug or other chemical agent is used to assist or procure sexual contact, rendering the victim "physically helpless", thus unable to give consent. (marshall.edu)
- The presence of one or more risk factors is not a cause of sexual assault, but it can increase the risk that sexual assault will occur. (inspq.qc.ca)
- The impact of a sexual assault extends well beyond the college campus where they occur by corrupting the survivors' sense of safety and possibly affecting their mental health for the rest of their lives. (nj.com)
- Students across Pennsylvania and the nation can take a pledge to recognize that nonconsensual sex is sexual assault, intervene in situations where consent has not been given, identify situations where sexual assault may occur and to create an environment where sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported. (yorkdispatch.com)
- The program relies on senior leaders creating a positive climate within their commands and includes efforts to hold offenders accountable and reduce the stigmas of reporting the assaults. (yahoo.com)
- Duke made expulsion the preferred sanction for sexual assault offenders. (usatoday.com)
- The head of South Korea's top sports body Tuesday apologized for a litany of sexual assault cases between young athletes and their coaches and vowed to impose lifetime bans on offenders. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Clinical studies of offenders find that sexual assaults are not motivated by a biological desire. (marshall.edu)
- The Department of the Navy (DoN) is working aggressively to prevent sexual assaults, to support sexual assault victims and to hold offenders accountable. (military.com)
- Creating a list of offenders is worthless in controlling assaults by such individuals. (governing.com)
- That is why I signed an Executive Order on Combating Human Trafficking and Online Child Exploitation in the United States, which prioritizes the Federal Government's resources to prosecute offenders, assist victims, and provide prevention education to combat human trafficking and online sexual exploitation of children. (whitehouse.gov)
- Young Min von Seefried leaves the Newmarket Courthouse after a court date in his sexual assault trial in August 2016. (thestar.com)
- In Arabic, the term "mass sexual assaults" translates as تحرش جماعي (taḥarrush jamāʿī), often incorrectly transliterated in the media as "taharrush gamea" following a German police report into the 2016 New Year's Eve sexual assaults in Germany. (wikipedia.org)
- During New Year's Eve celebrations 2015/2016, incidents of mass sexual assault and numerous thefts occurred in Germany, mainly in Cologne city center. (wikipedia.org)
- A number of factors have also been identified as being associated with an increased risk of committing sexual assault. (inspq.qc.ca)
- When you read an article that blames a rape survivor for being assaulted, write a letter to the editor. (cwu.edu)
- We need to know that we are safe and protected from discrimination in accessing the kind of services, care and support that every survivor of sexual assault deserves. (hrc.org)
- collection of forensic evidence for reporting an assault now or at a future date (the survivor decides when). (middlebury.edu)
- By Wednesday night, the controversy had grown to include a hacked student website, an online campaign targeting a sexual assault survivor, a campus rally and warnings from university officials that the anonymous posters could face disciplinary action. (chicagotribune.com)
- Today a survivor shares her story about her assault, the aftermath, and the details that stay. (storycenter.org)
- Sexual abuse can range from non-touching offenses such as exhibitionism, to fondling, intercourse, or use of a child in the production of pornographic materials. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Along with a specific definition of "sexual assault" (as well as "sexual harassment" and "other sex-related offenses"), the new policy provides a training program for all Department of Defense personnel for dealing with sexual assault. (womensenews.org)
- Students at a number of schools have pressured administrations to change their response to sexual assault, many filing complaints with the Department of Education and prompting investigations. (usatoday.com)
- It also addressed difficulties in developing and maintaining a multi-disciplinary team response to sexual assault. (colorado.gov)
- The SART development program places a single coordinator in a community to help coordinate SART activities to improve community response to sexual assault. (colorado.gov)
- You can still get help from a sexual assault referral centre (SARC) during the coronavirus outbreak. (www.nhs.uk)
- Call your nearest sexual assault referral centre . (www.nhs.uk)
- A new specialist sexual assault referral centre in Northern Ireland could help many more victims come forward and make it easier to prosecute long after the event, it was revealed. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- The Rowan Sexual Assault Referral Centre offers a range of services and support under one roof to anyone across Northern Ireland, whether the attack happened recently or in the past. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- The Sexual Assault Referral Centre (or SARC), will be accessible 24 hours a day - victims just need to call 0845 089 6262 beforehand. (heart.co.uk)
- The new Sexual Assault Referral Centre is based at the Oasis in Rivergate. (heart.co.uk)
- The examiner will ask your permission to document a detailed history, a top-to-toe body examination and the collection of relevant samples as part of the sexual assault investigation. (hse.ie)
- When Emily Huggins and Tracy Hunter started as sexual assault forensic examiner nurses, or SAFE nurses, with WellSpan in 2001, the two helped process fewer than 100 abuse and sexual assault kits. (yorkdispatch.com)
- A sexual assault forensic kit has many steps and can take anywhere from six to eight hours to complete, according to Tracy Hunter, Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner nurse at WellSpan York Hospital. (yorkdispatch.com)
- In 2014, the U.S. Department of Defense guided military review boards to give "liberal consideration" in upgrade cases involving PTSD and traumatic brain injury and in 2017, it expanded the guidance to include military sexual trauma. (courant.com)
- According to the Pentagon, there were 6,769 reported cases of military sexual assault in the 2017 fiscal year, a 10 percent increase over the previous year and the highest since 2006, when the data started being recorded. (courant.com)
- The party whip was suspended from Elphicke in 2017 when the sexual assault allegations were passed to police, though it was reinstated a year later when May faced a confidence vote. (yahoo.com)
- The assault may happen in many places, but is usually in the victim's home or the home of the alleged perpetrator (the person carrying out the assault). (www.nhs.uk)
- A way for the perpetrator to exert power and control, not about "out of control" sexual desire. (marshall.edu)
- The term perpetrator refers to any person who commits a sexual assault, regardless of whether the victim is a minor or an adult, whereas sexual offender refers to someone who has been convicted of a criminal sexual offence . (inspq.qc.ca)
- Many of them know that their perpetrator has likely perpetrated other assaults. (chicagotribune.com)
- The Sun found that when men do report a sexual assault, military authorities are less likely to identify a suspect, to refer charges to court-martial or to discharge the alleged perpetrator than in cases in which the victim is a woman. (dailypress.com)
- A special education teacher faces sex charges after allegedly having sexual contact with one of his students. (yahoo.com)
- The driver of the ambulance allegedly videotaped a portion of the ongoing assault with his cellphone. (courthousenews.com)
- Screenshot of "The Hyde Park List," which allegedly listed students who had committed acts of sexual assaults or harassment on peers. (chicagotribune.com)
- In July 1999 Woodstock 1999 took place and Police subsequently investigated four complaints of sexual assault and rape, including digital rape, that allegedly occurred. (wikipedia.org)
- WASHINGTON (AP) - Congressional efforts to combat sexual assault in the military secured the support of the Obama administration as senior White House officials met privately Thursday with a bipartisan group of lawmakers. (yahoo.com)
- The U.S. Department of Education soon will be issuing guidance letters to schools because many administrators do not understand their obligations under federal civil rights laws when responding to sexual assault allegations, government officials said. (chicagotribune.com)
- The bill, which will probably be considered this fall, would also require specialized training for any school officials asked to deal with sexual assault cases. (courant.com)
- House Bill 106 met strong opposition at a public hearing last month, where law enforcement officials, prosecutors and sexual assault survivors said the bill would protect sexual predators and cause more children harm. (concordmonitor.com)
- Now Cal State University officials are investigating the hack, which reportedly gave the culprits access to students' campus IDs, email addresses and sexual identity among other potentially "sensitive" information. (breitbart.com)
- But because male service members greatly outnumber females, officials believe the majority of sexual assault victims - 53 percent in 2012 - are men. (dailypress.com)
- The District Attorney's Office will also look at whether any school officials should be charged with a crime for failing to report the first assault, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. (deseretnews.com)
- A nurse who was responsible for caring for the victim is charged with sexual assault and vulnerable adult abuse after baby was born. (usatoday.com)
- Sutherland was booked into Maricopa County Jail on Wednesday, charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse. (usatoday.com)
- Sexual abuse of vulnerable persons will not be tolerated," Hood said in a statement. (courthousenews.com)
- However, children and young people with certain characteristics account for a larger share of sexual abuse victims. (inspq.qc.ca)
- In addition, certain characteristics have been identified as being more likely to be found in families where children experience sexual abuse. (inspq.qc.ca)
- The most consistently reported factors include: being female, being between the ages of 6 and 11 (for intrafamilial sexual abuse alone), being between the ages of 12 and 17 (for extrafamilial sexual abuse alone), having experienced physical or sexual abuse in the past, and having special needs (handicap, intellectual disability, chronic illness, mental health problems). (inspq.qc.ca)
- However, some studies suggest that tolerance of sexual abuse and weak sanctions against sexual abuse within a community play a role in raising the risk. (inspq.qc.ca)
- Children rarely lie about sexual abuse. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Symptoms of sexual abuse may include physical and behavioral signs, as well as indirect comments made by the child. (plannedparenthood.org)
- There are several clues to look for when considering the possibility of child sexual abuse. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Piet argued, however, that Bennet's accusation against Argento does not negate her own experience of sexual abuse, and should not diminish the #MeToo movement. (france24.com)
- If you or someone you know needs information on sexual assault visit the IHS Sexual Assault website or the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network . (ihs.gov)
- New Hampshire is one of 36 states that does not require corroboration, according to Roger Canaff, a legal expert on the investigation and prosecution of child abuse and sexual assault cases. (concordmonitor.com)
- We are the easiest targets for any sexual or physical abuse in our society. (cnn.com)
- This year's campaign also puts a spotlight on childhood sexual abuse and the adults dealing with its effects. (prweb.com)
- Men-well known to be silent-survivors of childhood sexual abuse-are usually just seen as supporters of female survivors. (prweb.com)
- As many know there are very few resources specific to male survivors of childhood sexual abuse. (prweb.com)
- Collecting data on sexual assault allegations and the institution's responses is essential to determining patterns of abuse, and assessing the effectiveness of new policies on reducing assaults. (nj.com)
- A 15-year-old boy was arrested and has been charged in juvenile court with one count of aggravated sexual abuse, two counts of sodomy of a child, one count of attempted sexual abuse of a child and one count of simple assault. (deseretnews.com)
- Fifteen years later, more than 500 forensic abuse and sexual assault testing kits were taken by SAFE nurses in York and Adams counties. (yorkdispatch.com)
- We have as much value to pediatric abuse cases as we do to sexual assault cases. (yorkdispatch.com)
- Sarah*, a 22 year old student from Stanground, suffered years of sexual abuse as a child from a neighbour. (heart.co.uk)
- As he spoke about bringing electricity to remote African villages, Perry linked his desire to use fossil fuels to the prevention of sexual assault. (aol.com)
- Physicians should responsibly counsel patients when appropriate concerning prevention of sexual assault and should be knowledgeable about the acute medical and psychological management of a sexual assault victim, including the collection of evidence. (nih.gov)
- Periodically through the year programs and materials are presented to highlight responsibilities and concerns in terms of sexual conduct, which aim at prevention of sexual assaults. (snu.edu)
- Our particular focus is sexual trauma and rape. (bu.edu)
- We're going to hear now from someone with a specialty in stress, sexual trauma and memory. (npr.org)
- The review board noted that it gave "liberal consideration" to Cruz's PTSD and military sexual trauma. (courant.com)
- She said the legal center is now working on 52 discharge upgrade cases, 11 involving military sexual trauma. (courant.com)
- Even after physical injuries of a sexual assault have healed, emotional and mental trauma can persist. (whitehouse.gov)
- Musculoskeletal or other non-sexual Trauma (e.g. (fpnotebook.com)
- When Brinn, 19, reported sexual harassment by a male student, a school administrator repeatedly asked her what she had done to provoke the attack and laughed when she told him her assailant broke into her dorm room. (usatoday.com)
- Operation Matisse, a prospective study in the United Kingdom, distinguished between "opportunistic" drug-facilitated sexual assault, in which the alleged assailant takes advantage of someone who has voluntarily ingested drugs or alcohol, and "proactive" drug-facilitated sexual assault, in which the alleged assailant intentionally administers drugs or alcohol to the victim. (cmaj.ca)
- It is the assailant who decides to assault another person. (marshall.edu)
- Mr Hutchinson is therefore guilty of sexual assault," Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin and Justice Thomas Cromwell wrote in arguments joined by two other justices. (yahoo.com)
- Both the White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault and the Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights have identified campus climate surveys as best practices. (justice.gov)
- OVW's Student Action Packet is designed to help students navigate the complexities of conducting a campus climate survey on sexual assault at their own college or university. (justice.gov)
- Administrator Information Packet to guide college and university administrators through the process of developing and implementing a campus climate survey on campus sexual assault. (justice.gov)
- The Commission remains current on issues of sexual assault through biennial campus wide surveys that assess the nature and incidence of unwanted sexual experiences of CWU students. (cwu.edu)
- In July, Duke University and Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania both announced more stringent measures to curb sexual assault on campus. (usatoday.com)
- Many schools will be creating new policies on sexual assault and harassment in the next year, said S. Daniel Carter, director of the 32 National Campus Safety Initiative. (usatoday.com)
- Campus Sexual Assault: How Often Do Colleges Report? (time.com)
- The same study states that more than 80 percent of campus sexual assaults involve alcohol. (slate.com)
- The " Campus Sexual Assault Study " of 2007, undertaken for the Department of Justice, found that the popular belief that many young rape victims have been slipped "date rape" drugs is false. (slate.com)
- In the event of a sexual assault, Campus Security will provide you with immediate support and advice. (sfu.ca)
- For more information and detail as to how SFU Campus Security can help you, visit the Sexual Assault Support and Services page. (sfu.ca)
- the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, which often defends the accused in campus sexual-assault cases, supported Gambill on free speech grounds. (newsday.com)
- Washington Post) A recent University of Virginia law school graduate is challenging a federal directive that transformed the way colleges evaluate allegations of sexual assault on campus. (wnd.com)
- If you have been the victim of a sexual assault, there are numerous on-campus resources available to help you. (umass.edu)
- The Tumblr blog, which was followed by fliers with the names taped around campus, stated that the effort is a response to the shortcomings of the university's sexual assault policy, which is under federal investigation. (chicagotribune.com)
- In May, Columbia University's New York City campus was rocked by a similar list-scrawled on the walls of bathroom stalls-intended to warn community members about male students accused of sexual assault. (chicagotribune.com)
- Data in the report revealed that, in support of a national trend towards internal solutions to campus sexual assault claims, the criminal justice system was not a popular venue for Yale complaints. (courant.com)
- Earlier this summer, Sen. Richard Blumenthal joined a number of senate colleagues in introducing bipartisan legislation which would enumerate a number of rights for those reporting campus sexual assault. (courant.com)
- The campus community was notified of the assault through an emergency text message as required under the federal Clery Act, a campus crime-reporting law. (pressherald.com)
- Are schools prepared to also support the men on campus who have had those unwanted or abusive sexual experiences? (prweb.com)
- Legislation I have sponsored, along with my colleague across the aisle, Senate Minority Leader Thomas Kean, Jr., S-778, would establish a Campus Sexual Assault Commission to evaluate emerging issues, policies, and practices concerning campus sexual assault and to then make policy recommendations for needed reforms. (nj.com)
- When the campus climate indicates that sexual assault allegations are routinely swept under the rug students are even less inclined to report their experiences. (nj.com)
- Ensuring allegations are investigated thoroughly, and survivors are treated respectfully, will create an environment where students are more comfortable reporting their assault, making campus safer for everyone. (nj.com)
- This campaign aims to engage everyone on campus - from administrators and professors to parents and students - to help them see the role they can play in ending sexual assault. (cnbc.com)
- It is the policy of Southern Nazarene University, in keeping with its Christian standards and with efforts to establish an environment in which the dignity and worth of all members of the institutional community are respected and in keeping with the standards set in the 1992 Campus Sexual Assault Victim's Bill of Rights , sexual assaults on students of Southern Nazarene University are totally unacceptable and intolerable. (snu.edu)
- According to a screenshot of a Sept. 19 email posted by The Daily Dot , Lynton sent a message to Sony co-chairman Amy Pascal in response to a link about President Obama speaking about campus sexual assault. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- In its massive report on Tuesday, the Pentagon outlined how sexual assaults across the military are a growing epidemic. (yahoo.com)
- And the report comes just days after the Air Force's head of sexual assault prevention was arrested on charges of groping a woman in a Northern Virginia parking lot. (yahoo.com)
- Contact the police to report the assault. (cwu.edu)
- You don't have to report the assault to police if you don't want to. (www.nhs.uk)
- This may destroy forensic evidence that could be important if you decide to report the assault to the police. (www.nhs.uk)
- If you decide to report the assault to the police, they can arrange for you to attend a SARC for medical care and, if you wish, a forensic medical examination. (www.nhs.uk)
- How Often Does Your College Report Sexual Assaults? (time.com)
- The University of Massachusetts Police Department has received a report of a sexual assault that is reported to have taken place at approximately 1am in the area of the Studio Arts Building on North Pleasant Street. (umass.edu)
- Cruz's experience reflected the findings of a Rand Corporation report released last week called " Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment in the U.S. Military . (courant.com)
- In addition, the policy includes revised guidelines for how to investigate complaints, how to treat and care for victims and how to report sexual assaults. (womensenews.org)
- Even though medical consent is 16 years of age, because of the seriousness of the crime, all children who report a sexual assault must have either a parent or legal guardian with them to make sure they are safe and not in any further danger. (hse.ie)
- If you wish to report the sexual assault, a member of An Garda Sióchána will be present. (hse.ie)
- This will allow you the time to get support and treatment first and then decide if you wish to report the assault. (hse.ie)
- Less than one third of those who experience a sexual assault actually report it to someone, according to the nurses. (yorkdispatch.com)
- Southern Nazarene University strongly encourages its employees and students to report any incidents of sexual harassment immediately so that complaints can be quickly and fairly resolved. (snu.edu)
- Students should immediately report the incident of sexual harassment to their Resident Director, the Associate Dean of Student Development, or the Vice President for Student Development. (snu.edu)
- Faculty and staff members should immediately report sexual harassment incidents to their supervisor, department head, dean, or the Director of Human Resources. (snu.edu)
- In addition, lawmakers have decried the incident of an Air Force officer overturning a jury's guilty verdict in a sexual assault case. (yahoo.com)
- A Fresno State University student is facing sexual assault charges and a sheep is being monitored by veterinarians after a bizarre incident at the Central Valley school, ABC7 Los Angeles reported . (sfgate.com)
- The first sexual assault charge related to an incident in Elphicke's London home in summer 2007 , when he was accused of kissing and groping a woman in her early 30s while his wife, Natalie Elphicke, was away for the night. (yahoo.com)
- Star Trek icon George Takei has respond to an accusation of sexual assault made against him by a former model and actor who alleged an incident at Takei's home in 1981. (deadline.com)
- Another friend and a brother of Ms. Reade's said she told them over the years about a traumatic sexual incident involving Mr. Biden. (nytimes.com)
- When creating my digital story about my incident with sexual assault, I didn't realize how many details from that night I had tried to block out of my mind. (storycenter.org)
- University personnel will also work with the victim to change academic schedule and living situations after the sexual assault incident, if requested by the victim and if these changes are reasonably available. (snu.edu)
- However, this is not necessarily for the purposes of legal or forensic evidence as, depending on previous sexual history and experiences, a diagnosis of an STD may not be the result of an assault. (cdc.gov)
- Forensic evidence can be collected up to 72 hours after an assault. (middlebury.edu)
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health specially trains, certifies and supports registered nurses and physicians to provide quality care and forensic evidence collection to sexual assault survivors. (umass.edu)
- To provide sexual assault victims with the care they need, nurses first must provide privacy and a safe environment, according to Sarah Pederson, Georgia's statewide SANE coordinator. (ajc.com)
- www.rainn.org - National Sexual Assault Hotline, which nurses can call for access to the closest SANE services. (ajc.com)
- www.GNESA.org - Georgia Network to End Sexual Assault, which also provides SANE training to Georgia nurses. (ajc.com)
- The statistics on sexual assaults emerged against a backdrop of scandals, including an ongoing investigation into more than 30 Air Force instructors for assaults on trainees at a Texas base. (yahoo.com)
- Following an investigation, he has been now been charged with two historical sexual assaults occurring between 1967 and 1970, and a third in 1996. (thestar.com)
- Michael Aulsebrook was today jailed for two years after pleading guilty to several counts of indecent assault. (abc.net.au)
- Under the Criminal Code, Seefried is now facing two new counts of sexual assault, contrary to s. 271, and two counts of breach of trust by public officer, contrary to s. 122. (thestar.com)
- These guidelines are primarily limited to the identification, prophylaxis, and treatment of STDs and conditions among adolescent and adult female sexual assault survivors. (cdc.gov)
- These tests are preferred for the diagnostic evaluation of adolescent or adult sexual assault survivors. (cdc.gov)
- This was the first meeting of the Response Systems to Adult Sexual Assault Crimes Panel. (c-span.org)
- Sexual offending, or the commission of sexual offences, is a complex problem, whose causes are multi-factorial. (inspq.qc.ca)
- Studies on the characteristics of sexual assault perpetrators have focused mainly on men who have been convicted of sexual offences or who are part of treatment groups mandated by law. (inspq.qc.ca)
- The police are encouraging potential victims to come forward and stressed that there is no statute of limitations for sexual offences. (thestar.com)
- Individual risk factors must not serve to blame people who have been victimized , but to prevent sexual assault by helping to target people who are at greater risk and to act on the factors concerned. (inspq.qc.ca)
- The new sexual assault policy for the Department of Defense, announced on Tuesday, includes clear steps to prevent sexual assault, protect victims and increase accountability. (womensenews.org)
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry believes that the science is still out on climate change - and that fossil fuels can prevent sexual assault. (aol.com)
- In a recent statement to PEOPLE, Weinstein's attorneys, Blair Berk and Ben Brafman, said: "Mr. Weinstein has never at any time committed an act of sexual assault, and it is wrong and irresponsible to conflate claims of impolitic behavior or consensual sexual contact later regretted, with an untrue claim of criminal conduct. (people.com)
- Guidelines pertaining to nonoccupational exposures (including but not limited to sexual assault, high-risk consensual sexual encounters, and injection drug use) are reviewed and summarized below. (medscape.com)
- The contribution of alcohol and other drugs to sexual assault has been increasingly recognized during the last 15-20 years. (cmaj.ca)
- This phenomenon has various names, including drug-facilitated sexual assault, drug-and-alcohol facilitated rape, and incapacitated rape. (cmaj.ca)
- These victims were more likely than victims of other types of sexual assault to present to a large urban centre, to have consumed over-the-counter medications and street drugs in the 72 hours before the suspected assault, and to have consumed alcohol before the assault. (cmaj.ca)
- The findings by Du Mont and colleagues support the view that alcohol plays a major role in drug-facilitated sexual assault. (cmaj.ca)
- Early after the assault, urine and blood (and in some jurisdictions, saliva) can be analyzed to detect alcohol and drugs. (cmaj.ca)
- The most commonly used drug in sexual assaults is alcohol. (marshall.edu)
- The more alcohol those binges involved, the greater the likelihood of sexual assault," they added. (redorbit.com)
- sexual assault is directly related to alcohol intake and actually has not increased since we were in college. (hollywoodreporter.com)