Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Colonic Diseases, Functional
Paid work for mentally or physically disabled persons, taking place in regular or normal work settings. It may be competitive employment (work that pays minimum wage) or employment with subminimal wages in individualized or group placement situations. It is intended for persons with severe disabilities who require a range of support services to maintain employment. Supported employment differs from SHELTERED WORKSHOPS in that work in the latter takes place in a controlled working environment. Federal regulations are authorized and administered by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services.
Quality of Life
Severity of Illness Index
A class of disabling primary headache disorders, characterized by recurrent unilateral pulsatile headaches. The two major subtypes are common migraine (without aura) and classic migraine (with aura or neurological symptoms). (International Classification of Headache Disorders, 2nd ed. Cephalalgia 2004: suppl 1)
Live microbial DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS which beneficially affect the host animal by improving its intestinal microbial balance. Antibiotics and other related compounds are not included in this definition. In humans, lactobacilli are commonly used as probiotics, either as single species or in mixed culture with other bacteria. Other genera that have been used are bifidobacteria and streptococci. (J. Nutr. 1995;125:1401-12)
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
A distribution in which a variable is distributed like the sum of the squares of any given independent random variable, each of which has a normal distribution with mean of zero and variance of one. The chi-square test is a statistical test based on comparison of a test statistic to a chi-square distribution. The oldest of these tests are used to detect whether two or more population distributions differ from one another.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Asian Continental Ancestry Group
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
The presence of co-existing or additional diseases with reference to an initial diagnosis or with reference to the index condition that is the subject of study. Comorbidity may affect the ability of affected individuals to function and also their survival; it may be used as a prognostic indicator for length of hospital stay, cost factors, and outcome or survival.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Work stress and menstrual patterns among American and Italian nurses. (1/133)OBJECTIVES: This study assessed whether job stress alters menstrual patterns among nurses working in 2 different settings: a tertiary care hospital in New York (99 nurses) and a university hospital in Rome (25 nurses). METHODS: Data on menstrual patterns were collected by a daily diary in which the nurses recorded their basal body temperature (BBT) and their menstrual bleeding status for a 3-month period. The BBT curves were used to classify cycles as biphasic or monophasic, and as adequate or inadequate with respect to the luteal phase. Job stress was evaluated by both objective (environmental and work characteristics) and subjective (perceived stress) criteria. RESULTS: The American nurses, especially those assigned to high stress units, had an increased risk for long and monophasic cycles [relative risk (RR) 4.3, 95% confidence interval (95% CI) 1.1-16.2 and RR 5.5, 95% CI 1.2-25.5, respectively]. Among those who perceived their stress at work to be high or reported strenuous work activity, the risk for longer cycles was also raised (RR 2.3, 95% CI 0.6-8.0 and RR 1.6, 95% CI 0.7-4.2, respectively). Luteal phase inadequacy followed the same pattern. Similar trends were observed in the Italian data. In addition, the rotating shiftwork pattern prevalent in the Italian group was possibly associated with higher rates of short cycles and inadequate luteal phases when compared with those of nurses working fixed shifts either day or night. CONCLUSIONS: Menstrual function may be affected by stressful work conditions. (+info)
The quality of abstracting medical information from the medical record: the impact of training programmes. (2/133)OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the impact of a programme of training, education and awareness on the quality of the data collected through discharge abstracts. STUDY DESIGN: Three random samples of hospital discharge abstracts relating to three different periods were studied. Quality control to evaluate the impact of systematic training and education activities was performed by checking the quality of abstracting medical records. SETTING: The study was carried out at the Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata, a research hospital in Rome, Italy; it has 335 beds specializing in dermatology and vascular surgery. MEASURES: Error rates in discharge abstracts were subdivided into six categories: wrong selection of the principal diagnosis (type A); low specificity of the principal diagnosis (type B); incomplete reporting of secondary diagnoses (type C); wrong selection of the principal procedure (type D); low specificity of the principal procedure (type E); incomplete reporting of procedures (type F). A specific rate of errors modifying classification in diagnosis related groups was then estimated. RESULTS: Error types A, B and F dropped from 8.5% to 1.3%, from 15.8% to 1.6% and from 22% to 2.6% respectively. Error type D and E were zero in the third period of analysis (September-October 1997) compared with a rate of 0.7% and 4.1% in the third quarter of 1994. Error type C showed a slight decrease from 31.8% in 1994 to 27.2% in 1997. All differences in error types except incomplete reporting of secondary diagnoses were statistically significant. Five and a half per cent of cases were assigned to a different diagnoses related group after re-abstracting in 1997 as compared to 24.3% in the third quarter of 1994 and 23.8% in the first quarter of 1995. DISCUSSION: Training and continuous monitoring, and feedback of information to departments have proved to be successful in improving the quality of abstracting information at patient level from the medical record. The effort to increase administrative data quality at hospital level will facilitate the use of those data sets for internal quality management activities and for population-based quality of care studies. (+info)
Inequality in health: socioeconomic differentials in mortality in Rome, 1990-95. (3/133)STUDY OBJECTIVE: Population groups with a lower socioeconomic status (SES) have a greater risk of disease and mortality. The aim of this study was to investigate the relation between SES and mortality in the metropolitan area of Rome during the six year period 1990-1995, and to examine variations in mortality differentials between 1990-92 and 1993-95. DESIGN: Rome has a population of approximately 2,800,000, with 6100 census tracts (CTs). During the study period, 149,002 deaths occurred among residents. The cause-specific mortality rates were compared among four socioeconomic categories defined by a socioeconomic index, derived from characteristics of the CT of residence. MAIN RESULTS: Among men, total mortality and mortality for the major causes of death showed an inverse association with SES. Among 15-44 year old men, the strong positive association between total mortality and low SES was attributable to AIDS and overdose mortality. Among women, a positive association with lower SES was observed for stomach cancer, uterus cancer and cardiovascular disease, whereas mortality for lung and breast cancers was higher in the groups with higher SES. Comparing the periods 1990-92 and 1993-95, differences in total mortality between socioeconomic groups widened in both sexes. Increasing differences were observed for tuberculosis and lung cancer among men, and for uterus cancer, traffic accidents, and overdose mortality among women. CONCLUSIONS: The use of an area-based indicator of SES limits the interpretations of the findings. However, despite the possible limitations, these results suggest that social class differences in mortality in Rome are increasing. Time changes in lifestyle and in the prevalence of risk behaviours may produce differences in disease incidence. Moreover, inequalities in the access to medical care and in the quality of care may contribute to an increasing differentials in mortality. (+info)
Was the fetal alcohol syndrome recognized by the Greeks and Romans? (4/133)Ancient Greek and Roman philosophers/scientists are frequently quoted as expressing an awareness of potential harm associated with drinking during pregnancy. However, the statements attributed to these authors were not made by them. Instead, they are interpretations, presented in the form of verbatim statements, of their views relating to procreation. Although they did have something to say about the role of alcohol in procreation, it was the effects of drinking on the male body at the time of conception, and especially alcohol's effects on male body temperature, that concerned them. A cold body at the time of conception was believed to enhance the likelihood of conceiving a female, which to the Greeks and Romans was a 'deformity'. (+info)
Coronary artery bypass graft surgery: socioeconomic inequalities in access and in 30 day mortality. A population-based study in Rome, Italy. (5/133)OBJECTIVES: To evaluate whether coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery is equally provided among different socioeconomic status (SES) groups in accordance with need. To estimate the association between SES and mortality occurring 30 days after CABG surgery. DESIGN: Individual socioeconomic index assigned with respect to the characteristics of the census tract of residence (level I = highest SES; level IV = lowest SES). Comparison of age adjusted hospital admission rates of ischaemic heart disease (IHD) and CABG surgery among four SES groups. Retrospective cohort study of all patients who underwent CABG surgery during 1996-97. SETTING: Rome (2 685 890 inhabitants) and the seven cardiac surgery units in the city. PARTICIPANTS: All residents in Rome aged 35 years or more. A cohort of 1875 CABG patients aged 35 years or more. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Age adjusted hospitalisation rates for CABG and IHD and rate of CABG per 100 IHD hospitalisations by SES group, taking level I as the reference group. Odds ratios of 30 day mortality after CABG surgery, adjusted for age, gender, illness severity at admission, and type of hospital where CABG was performed. RESULTS: People in the lowest SES level experienced an excess in the age adjusted IHD hospitalisation rates compared with the highest SES level (an excess of 57% among men, and of 94% among women), but the rate of CABG per 100 IHD hospitalisations was lower, among men, in the most socially disadvantaged level (8.9 CABG procedures per 100 IHD hospital admissions in level IV versus 14.1 in level I rate ratio= 0.63; 95% CI 0.44, 0.89). The most socially disadvantaged SES group experienced a higher risk of 30 day mortality after CABG surgery (8. 1%) than those in the highest SES group (4.8%); this excess in mortality was confirmed even when initial illness severity was taken into account (odds ratio= 2.89; 95% CI 1.44, 5.80). CONCLUSIONS: The universal coverage of the National Health Service in Italy does not guarantee equitable access to CABG surgery for IHD patients. Factors related to SES are likely to influence poor prognosis after CABG surgery. (+info)
Exposure to benzene in urban workers: environmental and biological monitoring of traffic police in Rome. (6/133)OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the contribution of traffic fumes to exposure to benzene in urban workers, an investigation on personal exposure to benzene in traffic police from the city of Rome was carried out. METHODS: The study was performed from December 1998 to June 1999. Diffusive Radiello personal samplers were used to measure external exposures to benzene and alkyl benzenes during the workshift in 139 policemen who controlled medium to high traffic areas and in 63 office police. Moreover, as biomarkers of internal exposure to benzene, blood benzene, and urinary trans, trans-muconic and S-phenyl mercapturic acids were measured at the beginning and at the end of the workshift in 124 traffic police and 58 office police. RESULTS: Time weighted average (TWA) exposure to benzene was consistently higher among traffic police than among indoor workers (geometric mean 6.8 and 3.5 microg/m(3), respectively). Among the traffic police, the distribution of individual exposures was highly asymmetric, skewed toward higher values. Mean ambient benzene concentrations measured by municipal air monitoring stations during workshifts of traffic police were generally higher (geometric mean 12.6 microg/m(3)) and did not correlat with personal exposure values. In particular, no association was found between highest personal exposure scores and environmental benzene concentrations. Among the exposure biomarkers investigated, only blood benzene correlated slightly with on-shift exposure to benzene, but significant increases in both urinary trans, trans-muconic and S-phenylmercapturic acids were found in active smokers compared with non-smokers, irrespective of their job. CONCLUSION: The exposure to traffic fumes during working activities in medium to high traffic areas in Rome may give a relatively greater contribution to personal exposure to benzene than indoor sources present in confined environments. Smoking significantly contributed to internal exposure to benzene in both indoor and outdoor workers. (+info)
Screening for microcytemia in Italy: analysis of data collected in the past 30 years. (7/133)Extensive population surveys begun in Italy in 1943 revealed a high incidence of mycrocytemia. Health authorities established a national organization to combat microcytemia which financed and directed activities throughout Italy from 1955 to 1971. The work performed by the microcytemia centers in screening and prophylaxis is described. The results of a screening program underway since 1967 involving 46,559 students of the University of Rome are presented in detail. A preliminary survey of 256 families revealed that the incidence of subsequent births after the births of a child affected by Cooley's anemia was generally low. Results obtained to date are encouraging and justify more extensive programs for the prevention and treatment of microcytemia. (+info)
Rh system and intrauterine growth. Interaction with season of birth. (8/133)Based on the hypothesis that maternal-fetal genetic differences in membrane transport and signal transduction may influence intrauterine development, the recent acquisition on transport function of Rh protein prompted us to study the relationship between joint maternal-fetal Rh phenotype and birth weight. Considering that metabolic effect of maternal-fetal competition could be amplified by environmental conditions, we have investigated possible seasonal effects on such relationship. We have studied 5291 infants born in Sardinia in the period January 1993--December 1996 and 984 infants born in Rome during 1996. In Rh(-) mothers there is a significant association between season of birth and birth weight that shows the highest mean value in infants born in autumn (i.e. conceived in winter). The association is much more evident in male than in female infants. In male infants from Rh(-) mothers, the association between birth weight and season is significant in Rh(+) male newborns only. Recent observations by our group in NIDDM suggest that glucose transport in RBC may be related to D protein, thus we propose an interpretation of the present observation in terms of transport function. When the density of D protein in the infant is greater than in the mother, the balance is in favour of the infant who may attain a significant developmental advantage when conceived in the cold season. (+info)
Education. -1998 PhD (4 years program) at University of Rome La Sapienza in Human Biology: Cellular and Molecular Biology Bases. -1991 Degree in Biology, University of Rome La Sapienza Department of Human Biopathology. University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy. Experimental Thesis, summa cum laude.. Current position and research experience. -From 2009 to present CNR Researcher (III level) at Istituto Biologia e Patologia Molecolari (IBPM), CNR, Rome, Italy.. -From 1999 to 2008 post-doctoral fellow at CNR, Istituto Biologia e Patologia Molecolari (IBPM), Rome, Italy.. -From 1994 to1998 PhD (4 years program) at University of Rome La Sapienza in Human Biology: Cellular and Molecular Biology Bases. Thesis on artificial zinc finger transcription factors programmed to upregulate utrophin gene in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). Supervisor: Dr. Claudio Passananti.. -From 1995 to 1993 research experience as PhD/fellow in the field of Regulation of gene expression and development in the ...
Hydrogen Bubbles: A novel Mechanism for Light Generation from Crystals | Sapienza Università di Roma
In the near future, the conventional, three-dimensional materials we deal with on a daily basis are going to make way for new, two-dimensional materials with exceptional properties: more resistant than steel, lighter than aluminium and as flexible as plastic. After years of flourishing research on graphene, the interest of the scientific community is gradually moving towards the study of alternative two-dimensional materials, capable of replacing conventional semiconductors and particularly apt for the realization of compact, energy-efficient and flexible devices.. A recent study conducted by researchers at the Sapienza Department of Physics, in collaboration with the Sapienza Research Centre for Nanotechnology Applied to Engineering (CNIS), the Institute for Photonics and Nanotechnologies at the National Research Council (CNR) and the Australian National University, has proposed a novel method to create highly mechanically-deformed two-dimensional crystals. The ability to induce controlled ...
Fabrizio | Cayetano Gonzalez. Cell Division Lab. IRB Barcelona & ICREA. The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology. | C...
Frabrizio Rossi. Postdoc. Graduated at Universita degli studi di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy.. 2003-2006. PhD at Universita degli studi di Roma La Sapienza, Rome.. Joined the lab in October 2007.. Genome Instability. ...
Paola Di Giulio
Dr. Di Giulio graduated in statistics at the University of Rome La Sapienza and completed her doctoral degree in demography at the same university in 2004. In 2014 she got the Italian national scientific qualification (abilitazione scientifica nazionale). She was employed at the University of Rome La Sapienza and at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany. ...
The Physical Origin of the Déjà-vu Phenomenon | Sapienza Università di Roma
What is a déjà-vu? Can the perception that a given past event is happening again have a true basis?. From a physical point of view, an analogous phenomenon was discovered by Scientists Enrico Fermi, John Pasta and Stanislaw Ulam more than sixty years ago: The Fermi-Pasta-Ulam Problem. While working on the first calculation device that would become the modern computer, Enrico Fermi unexpectedly discovered that, during their natural evolution, certain complex non-linear systems (systems with a great number of interacting variables) could spontaneously return to the starting point in a cyclical manner, without ever reaching a final equilibrium.. The study conducted by the Sapienza Department of Physics, in collaboration with the National Research Council (Cnr) Institute for Complex Systems, Shenzhen University, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics, experimentally demonstrated for the first time how the Fermi-Pasta-Ulam Problem originates from a ...
Poster List - ART World Congress
LIGHT AND ELECTRON MICROSCOPY UNVEIL MORPHOLOGICAL CHANGES IN ART-DERIVED HUMAN OOCYTES CULTURED IN WEIGHTLESSNESS CONDITION. Miglietta, Selenia1; Nottaola, Stefania A. 1; Familiari, Giuseppe1; Palmerini, Maria Grazia2; Macchiarelli, Guido2; Espinola, Maria Salome B.3,4; Masiello, Maria Grazia4; Micara, Giulietta3; Linari, Antonella3; Bizzarri, Mariano4; Aragona, Cesare3,4. 1Department of Anatomy, Histology, Forensic Medicine and Orthopaedics, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy; 2Department of Life, Health and Environmental Sciences, University of LAquila, LAquila, Italy; 3Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Urological Sciences, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy; 4Department of Experimental Medicine Sapienza University, Systems Biology Group, Rome, Italy. Italy ...
Coronavirus: Zamfara Govt takes sensitisation to abattoirs, food vendors - Daily Nigerian
The Zamfara State Ministry of Health has embarked on sensitisation campaign to public places as part of its measures to prevent Coronavirus and Lassa fever.
Use of rivaroxaban in patients with stroke<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Use of rivaroxaban in patients with stroke. AU - Toni, D.. AU - Carolei, A.. AU - Caso, V.. AU - Consoli, D.. AU - Del Sette, M.. AU - Inzitari, D.. AU - Melis, M.. AU - Micieli, G.. AU - Provinciali, L.. AU - Ricci, S.. AU - Santalucia, P.. AU - Toso, V.. N1 - Export Date: 30 October 2017 CODEN: NESCC Correspondence Address: Toni, D.; Unità di Trattamento Neurovascolare, University La Sapienza Rome, Viale del Policlinico 155, Italy; email: [email protected] PY - 2017. Y1 - 2017. N2 - Rivaroxaban, an inhibitor of Factor Xa, is a direct oral anti-coagulant that has been found to be non-inferior to warfarin in preventing cerebral ischemia in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation and in the subgroup of patients with a history of the previous stroke or transient ischemic attack. Vascular neurologists in daily clinical practice may encounter patients taking rivaroxaban or patients who may benefit from its use. In this paper, we review the current clinical indications, ...
Socialist Worker (Britain) - Archive
On Monday students at Romes La Sapienza university occupied, and stopped Roberto Fiore, leader of the hard line fascist Forza Nuova from addressing a conference. Fiore spent much of the 1980s in Britain, having fled Italy after being sought for involvement in the 1980 bombing of Bologna station which killed 85 people.. ...
Lectures | University of Tübingen
Natura e Chimica: una sinergia per lìnnovazione: Convegno in occasione del 70° compleanno dei Professori Luciano Caglioti e Domenico Misiti, Universitá Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy, 11.12.2003, Invited Plenary Lecture.. ...
Daniela Barilà - Associate Editors - Experimental Cell Research
Dr Daniela Barilà obtained her MSc degrees from the University of “La Sapienza” in Rome, Italy in 1991 with top ranks. She then...
Some problems in bio-mathematics and mathematical physics
SPEAKERS Carlo Boldrighini (University La Sapienza, Italy) Giorgio Fusco (University of LAquila, Italy) Stefan Luckhaus (University of Leipzig, Germa...
Finding an Open Source Cure for Brain Cancer - Slashdot
Salvatore Iaconesi, a software engineer at La Sapienza University of Rome, writes that when he was recently diagnosed with brain cancer his first idea was to seek other opinions so he immediately asked for his clinical records in digital format, converted the data into spreadsheets, databases, and m...
Begell House - HYSYDAYS
The paper shows a Research Project developed thanks to the collaboration among CIRPS (Interuniversity Centre for Sustainable Development) of the University of Rome La Sapienza, the Province of Reggio Calabria and the National Park Agency of Aspromonte. The project is aimed at quantifying the energy potential, through H2 production of biomass in the area included in the National Park of Aspromonte and the experimental procedures to produce H2 from the resources of the territory ...
Ciafre Silvia Anna | Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia
Silvia Anna Ciafrè è Professore Associato di Biologia Applicata presso il Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Scienze Biochimiche dellUniversità di Roma Tor Vergata. Il suo interesse scientifico è dedicato principalmente ai seguenti campi di ricerca: - lo studio dei microRNA nel cancro, ed in particolare nel glioblastoma, nel carcinoma della prostata e nel neuroblastoma; - lo studio delle cellule staminali neurali, con uno specifico interesse al loro potenziale come vettori per la terapia genica dei glioblastomi; - la caratterizzazione dellespressione dei microRNA nelle cellule staminali cancerose (glioblastoma e carcinoma prostatico); - lo studio delle cellule staminali neurali da corda spinale in modelli murini di atrofia muscolare spinale (SMA), specificamente dal punto di vista dellespressione dei microRNA.. Gli studi scientifici di Silvia Anna Ciafré sono iniziati allUniversità di Roma La Sapienza, dove si è laureata in Scienze Biologiche nel 1989 e dove ha continuato la ...
Microsoft word - cv still.docx
Sesso F , Data di nascita 01/08/1971 , Nazionalità italiana Docente di Patologia Clinica presso il Corso di Laurea del e Professioni Sanitarie in Igiene Dentale, lUniversità di Docente presso i corsi di aggiornamento professionale organizzato dal Assiprofar-Federfarma (Il farmacista e Responsabile tecnico Mineralometria Ossea Computerizzata (MOC) presso studio ScudoSanitas Nutrizionista presso studio lo studio medico ScudoSanitas di Roma, presso la parafarmacia Healthy Center di Campagnano e collaboratrice presso lo studio medico dietologico del Prof. Migliaccio Diploma di Maturità Scientifica conseguito presso il liceo statale Plinio Seniore di Roma Laurea Magistrale in Scienze Biologiche, indirizzo Fisiopatologico, conseguita presso lUniversità degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza con la votazione di 110/110 e lode Abilitazione al a professione di Biologa Dottorato di Ricerca in Fisiopatologia e Clinica del Apparato Scheletrico, Università di Roma La Sapienza Master in ...
Differential Modulation of Uncoupling Protein 2 in Kidneys of Stroke-Prone Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats Under High-Salt/Low...
From the IRCCS Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy (S.D.C., S.M., F.B., R.S., M.C., M.V., S.R.); Department of Cardiology, School of Medicine and Psychology, University Sapienza of Rome, Ospedale S. Andrea, Rome, Italy (M.V., S.R.); Department of Histopathology, School of Medicine and Psychology, University Sapienza of Rome, Ospedale S. Andrea, Rome, Italy (S.S., E.D., L.R.); Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences, University of Milan, Italy (L.S., P.G.); and Centro Cardiologico Monzino, IRCCS, Milan, Italy (L.S.). ...
PyMod 2.0 Overview - Structural Bioinformatics Group at Sapienza University of Rome
PyMod 2.0 is a PyMOL plugin, designed to act as simple and intuitive interface between PyMOL and several bioinformatics tools (i.e., PSI-BLAST, Clustal Omega, MUSCLE, CAMPO, PSIPRED, and MODELLER). The current PyMod release, PyMod 2.0, has been extended with a rich set of functionalities that substantially improve it over its predecessor (PyMod 1.0), particularly in its ability to build homology models through the popular MODELLER package. Starting from the amino acid sequence of a target protein, users may take advantage of PyMod 2.0 to carry out the three steps of the homology modeling process (that is, template searching, target-template sequence alignment and model building) in order to build a 3D atomic model of a target protein (or protein complex). Additionally, PyMod 2.0 may also be used outside the homology modeling context, in order to extend PyMOL with numerous types of functionalities. Sequence similarity searches, multiple sequence-structure alignments and evolutionary conservation ...
The Art of Joy | Goliarda Sapienza | Macmillan
The tumultuous twentieth century, told through the life of a single extraordinary woman Rejected by a series of publishers, abandoned in a chest for twenty y...
topic | Sapienza - Università di Roma
Mental imagery is the cognitive process underling image generation. An image is generated when perceptual information is recalled from long-term memory and is loaded on working memory system, usually resulting as an introspective experience of our perception. This internal... ...
International Parity Conditions and the Possible Impact on the International Business Operations: The Case of Turkey: Business ...
International Parity Conditions and the Possible Impact on the International Business Operations: The Case of Turkey: 10.4018/IJSEM.2016040101: There is not only one currency and an exact predictable parity for each currency in the globe. This makes the accomplishment of international business and
Capria V | OMICS International
Capria V is currently working as Professor at Department of Cellular Biotechnologies and Hematology, University of Rome Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico, Rome, Italy. D..
Кратка анотация: Prof. Cristina Mazzoni Department of Biology and Biotechnology Charles Darwin; University of Rome Sapienza Piazzale Aldo Moro 5; Rome, Italy In the last years, it became evident that mRNA stability/turnover provides an important mechanism for post-transcriptional control of gene expression. We demonstrated that mutations in factors involved in mRNA decapping result in phenotypic markers of apoptosis and lead to premature aging in yeast. These traits are accompanied by elevated histone mRNA levels persisting throughout the cell cycle and defects in S-phase progression. We also showed that the over-expression of HIR1, a repressor of gene ...
Education for Rural People: Notizie
Education for Sustainable Development in 2012 (19-25 November) under the High Patronage of the President of the Republic Conference Mother Earth: Food, Agriculture and ecosystem 21 November 2012, Cloister of the Faculty of Engineering, San Pietro in Vincoli, University of Rome La Sapienza ...
Swallowable balloons work to curb obesity: study
Weight-loss balloons swallowed rather than surgically inserted in the stomach were shown to be safe and effective in preliminary trials, according to findings unveiled Thursday at a medical conference. In a small trial led by Roberta Ienca, a researcher in experimental medicine at Sapienza University
Ruggiero Seccia from Sapienza, Università di Roma, contributed a nice simplified model for nurse scheduling. He provided a short report Scheduling_nurses_shifts and a github repo for his model.. ...
Sandwalk: Noncoding DNA and Junk DNA
Not quite. What youre leaving out of this is the possibility of multiple levels of selection. In the original edition of The Selfish Gene (1976, p.76), Dawkins argued that the simplest way to explain the surplus DNA is to suppose that it is a parasite, or at best a harmless but useless passenger, hitching a ride in the survival machines created by the other DNA. Cavalier-Smith (1977) drew a similar conclusion (before he had read Dawkins), and Doolittle and Sapienza (1980) and Orgel and Crick (1980) [yes, that Crick] independently developed the concept of selfish DNA a few years later. This is an explicitly multi-level selection approach because it specifies that non-coding DNA can be present due to selection within the genome rather than exclusively on the organism (or gene, in Dawkinss case) (see, e.g., Gregory 2004, 2005). (Incidentally, this idea of parasitic DNA dates back at least to 1945, when Gunnar Östergren characterized B chromosomes in this fashion). Of course, they tended to ...
Prevalence of chronic kidney disease in the Lazio region, Italy: a classification algorithm based on health information systems...
Estimating CKD prevalence is difficult. Information on CKD prevalence is rather scanty in Italy and available figures come from surveys in selected geographical areas. Administrative data have been already demonstrated to be an effective tool in estimating the epidemiological burden of diseases, however there is limited experience in literature as far as CKD is concerned. The aim of this study is to develop an algorithm based on regional Health Administrative Databases to identify individuals with CKD and provide estimates of disease prevalence in Lazio Region (Italy); about 5.500.000 inhabitants in 2017. A population-level analysis based on a record-linkage strategy using data from Health Administrative Databases has been applied in Lazio Region. CKD cases were identified between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2017 using Outpatient Specialist Service Information System, Hospital Discharge Registry, Ticket Exemption Registry and Drug Dispensing Registry. Age-specific and standardized prevalence rates
Catalogo dei Corsi di studio | Università degli Studi La Sapienza
Pharmacy and Medicine; Information Engineering, Informatics and Statistics; Medicine and Dentistry; Mathematics, Physics and Natural Sciences ...
Evaluation of Serum Biomarkers to Assess Health Status in Urban Traffic Police Personnel MAHE Digital Repository
Traffic police personnel face multiple occupational hazards as they are continuously exposed to vehicular emissions and work in a noisy, polluted environment. The objective of the present study is to explore the impact of air pollution on health of traffic police, by evaluation of serum biomarkers. The study population included 200 traffic police who worked outdoor on roads with heavy flow of vehicles and who were exposed to pollutants. 50 age and sex matched healthy subjects who worked indoor were considered as controls. Further, the traffic police group was subdivided into 4 groups based on the number of years of their exposure to urban pollutants. Group I included subjects with less than 5 years of exposure, Group II 6 to 10 years, Group III 11 to 20 years and group IV more than 20 years. Biochemical parameters like glucose, cholesterol, bilirubin and other markers of liver function and renal function were estimated in fasting blood samples using spectrophotometric methods. 37% of the traffic ...
Cote dIvoire | Pambazuka News
The chairperson of the Coalition of Ivorian female leaders (CFELCI), Mrs Mariam Dao-Gabala, has launched a sensitisation campaign for the mass participation of women in the countrys parliamentary elections, scheduled for 11 December. Entitled Why not female MPs? the campaign aims at mobilising women to break from the past and participate massively in the elections.. ...
In the Media | CPHA
The Ninth Supercentenarian Workshop was held May 11 and 12 at the Palazzo Brancaccio in Rome, Italy. Sponsored by the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, the meeting was led by MPIDR director James Vaupel, who is also co-director of DuPRIs Center for Population Health and Aging, and locally organized by Graziella Caselli of the Department of Social, Economic, Actuarial and Demographic Studies of the University of Rome La Sapienza.. Over two full and lively days, researchers from Europe, Scandinavia, the U.S., Canada, Japan and Brazil presented their latest data and analyses of the phenomenon of supercentenarians - people who reach the age of 110 or more - and semi-supercentenarians, those between 105 and 110 years old. Many of the presentations updated research described in the groups most recent monograph, Supercentenarians, published in 2010. They included trends in mortality at extreme old ages, comparisons to historical rates of centenarian survival, evidence on biological ...
e-GEOS Celebrates World Environment Day with PRISMA
Fire fuel hazard map of Castel Porziano, near Rome, Italy, based on PRISMA data about vegetation status, chlorophyll, water content in forested areas, dry matter prone to burn. Copyright: Data/Information generated by e-GEOS under an ASI License to Use; Original PRISMA Product - © ASI - (2020-2021). Product developments dedicated to the monitoring and prevention of fires are also foreseen in the ASI Project for the Development of Hyperspectral Advanced Prototype Products, of which e-GEOS is the lead partner and in which INGV, Planetek, CNR-IMAA, CNR-IREA, CNR -ISMAR, University of Rome La Sapienza, University of Pisa, University of Tuscia participate.. In this project, in addition to fires and vegetation index elaboration, advanced products will also be developed for other application areas, to support monitoring for water quality, for the state and volcanic hazard, for urban and industrial areas, and for the identification of hazardous materials.. Moreover, besides participating with ...
AAE Online CE: NS-9 Correlation Between Clinical Symptoms and Histology
Dr. Domenico Ricucci received his degree in General Medicine from La Sapienza University of Rome in 1982, and his DDS from the same University in 1985. Since then on he has maintained private dental practices limited to endodontics. In addition to his private practice, Dr. Ricucci was Professor of Cariology at Magna Graecia University of Catanzaro, Italy in 2002 -2003. He served in the Research Committee of the European Society of Endodontology from 1999 to 2005. Dr. Ricuccis primary research interest relates to pulpal and periapical tissue reactions to caries and treatment procedures, biofilms in endodontic infections, etiology of RTC treatment failure, pulp regeneration/revascularization. Since 1998 he has run his own histology laboratory and has developed considerable skills in hard tissue preparations for light microscopy. Dr Ricucci has published 110 papers and has lectured both nationally and internationally. He has authored the Textbook and Atlas Patologia e Clinica Endodontica, ...
Vasopressin and insulin-like growth factors synergistically induce myogenesis in serum-free medium -- Minotti et al. 9 (2): 155...
Dipartimento di Istologia ed Embriologia Medica, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy. Terminal differentiation of myogenic cells has long been known to be positively regulated by insulin-like growth factors (IGFs). Arg8-vasopressin (AVP) has been recently reported to potently induce myogenic differentiation. In the present study, the effects and the mechanisms of action of AVP and IGFs on myogenic cells have been investigated under conditions allowing growth and differentiation of myogenic cells in a simple serum-free medium. Under these conditions, L6 and L5 myogenic cells slowly proliferate and do not undergo differentiation (less than 1% fusion up to 7 days). AVP rapidly (2-3 days) and dose-dependently induces the formation of multinucleated myotubes. Creatine kinase activity and myosin accumulation are strongly up-regulated by AVP. Insulin or IGF-I or IGF-II, at concentrations that cause extensive differentiation in serum-containing medium, induces a modest degree of differentiation in ...
Observations on the pupal productivity of Culex tritaeniorhynchus in rice fields of West Bengal, India: implications for vector...
is an Open Access, peer-reviewed journal published by PAGEPress®, Pavia, Italy on behalf of Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Italy. All credits and honors to PKP for their OJS. ...
Quantification of symptoms of movement disorders employing motion sensors - clinicalneuroengineering.com
Thesis defense: February 8, 2017. Copromotor: Jan Willem Elting, MD, PhD. Collaborators: Prof. Marina de Koning-Tijssen, MD, PhD, Han van der Hoeven, MD, PhD, Martijn Beudel, MD, PhD, Robert Borgemeester, MD, Prof. Teus van Laar, MD, PhD, Tinka Lawerman, Ineke Lunsing, MD, Rick Brandsma, MD, Deborah Sival, MD, PhD, Andrea Mannini, PhD (Scuola Superiore SantAnna, Pisa), Diana Trojaniello, PhD (San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan), Prof. Ugo Della Croce (La Sapienza, Rome), PhD, Prof. Angelo Sabatini, PhD (Scuola Superiore SantAnna, Pisa). Funding: Conacyt. In this project human movement was evaluated with the purpose of improving the diagnosis and monitoring of movement disorders. We recorded the movements of patients with different symptoms of movement disorders including tremor, bradykinesia and impaired coordination employing different sensors, including accelerometers, gyroscopes and magnetic sensors. From the recorded signals we derived features that were then employed to 1) obtain an ...
Supramolecular Chemistry in Water Home
This themed collection published in Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry (OBC) highlights some of the latest exciting research in Supramolecular Chemistry in Water. The issue is Guest Edited by Professors Tony Davis (University of Bristol, United Kingdom), Antonella Dalla Cort (Università La Sapienza, Italy), and Stefan Kubik (Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, Germany). New articles will be added to this collection as they are published.. A convenient short url for this collection isrsc.li/ob-h2o-supramol-chem. ...
Key Biodiversity Areas and WCPA | IUCN
The KBA Thresholds workshop (organized by Sapienza University at the Fondazione BioParco in Rome, Italy, on 1-5 December 2013) proposed quantitative thresholds of biodiversity significance for the four criteria recommended at the Criteria and Delineation workshop, helping to determine how key a site needs to be for it to be considered a Key Biodiversity Area and developped an additional criteria on sites identified through a comprehensive quantitative analysis of irreplaceability. Discussions were informed by a set of analyses presented by Moreno di Marco of Sapienza University that explored conditions under which sites identified through threshold approaches (specifically, Important Bird Areas) align to grid cells identified through comprehensively quantitative calculation of irreplaceability. The thresholds proposed at the workshop are currently being examined for their implications for existing KBAs and tendency to yield commission errors (identifying too many sites) or omission errors ...
Overall, test-tube babies do well, researchers report - Portland Press Herald
The majority of assisted reproduction children are healthy and normal, according to researchers who have studied them.. Some of these children do face an increased risk of birth defects, such as neural tube defects, and of low birth weight, which is associated with obesity, hypertension and Type 2 diabetes later in life, the researchers said.. Overall, these children do well, said Andre Van Steirteghem of the Brussels Free University Center for Reproductive Medicine in Belgium. It is a reassuring message, but we must continue to follow up.. Carmen Sapienza, a geneticist at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, noted that few of these test tube children are older than 30, so its not known if they will be obese or have hypertension or other health problems at age 50 or older.. Sapienza said researchers found differences in 5 percent to 10 percent of chromosomes between assisted reproduction children and other kids.. Whats not clear is whether these differences result in some ...
Pubblicazioni Aperte DIgitali Sapienza: Browsing PADIS
Intra-peritoneal injection and oral gavage on mice; organs and embryos harvesting. - Preparation of primary cultures (cardiac explants) and growth of cardiac progenitor cells and mESCs. - Langendorff preparation to disperse cells from the heart. - Cloning and transfection of cells in culture. - Cellular characterization by Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence and FACS sorting. - Proteins extraction and Western Blotting. - RNA and DNA extraction and purification. - PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)/ RT-PCR (Sybr Green and Taqman). - Bacterial cultures and bacterial transformation Good knowledge of Bioinformatic tools. Use of ImageJ, OligoExplorer, BLAST. Basic knowledge of CorelDraw, CLUSTALW, Rasmol v.2.6, Swiss Pdb Viewer, Clone, Gene Runner. ...
After Gallardo, Italian traffic police to get Lamborghini Huracan | What The Beep
We have a bad news for criminals in Italy, any thief or speeding drivers will have to think twice to run in the streets of Italy. As the administration has decided to provide high speed Lamborghini Huracan to Italian traffic police.. ...
DISCOVERING LAZIO. NORMA - Wanted in Rome
Our second trip into the lesser known areas of Lazio takes us into the Monti Lepini, a straggling rocky chain of hills some 60 kms south of Rome between the Ape...
Lazio Roma vs Atalanta BC live streaming: Watch Serie A online
Lazio Roma vs Atalanta BC live streaming & live stream video: Watch Serie A online. Watch the Serie A match on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
BBC SPORT | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE | Ljungberg double guns down Lazio
Two goals from midfielder Freddie Ljungberg maintains Arsenals perfect Champions League record at the hands of favourites Lazio.
MIF - MASTER IN INGEGNERIA DEL FOTOVOLTAICO - CHOSE - Polo Solare Organico della Regione Lazio
Il polo solare organico della regione lazio (CHOSE) organizza in collaborazione con lUniversità degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata un Master di II livello in Ingegneria del Fotovoltaico. Il Master ha lobiettivo di rispondere alle richieste del mondo industriale e della ricerca preparando profili in grado di comprendere e di operare sullintera filiera del fotovoltaico. Il Master si propone di formare la figura di professionisti con competenze che spaziano dallanalisi, studio e progettazione dei sistemi fotovoltaici alla gestione e manutenzione degli impianti, capaci, altresì, di operare nei settori di ricerca pubblici/privati e di interagire con i settori manageriali nel campo dellinnovazione.
Juventus 2 - 1 Lazio: Finished | 2020-07-20 | Serie A | Yahoo Sports
Find Juventus vs Lazio result on Yahoo Sports. View full match commentary including video highlights, news, team line-ups, player ratings, stats and more.
Lazio beat Sampdoria, go second - Taipei Times
SS Lazio moved up to second in Serie A after a 1-0 win at UC Sampdoria saw them leapfrog Inter, who were held at home by Genoa, while AS Roma beat AC Milan 4-2 in a thrilling end to this years Serie A action on Saturday.
Best Flight Deals to Lazio - Starting at AU$808 | Wotif
Search the best airfare deals to Lazio starting at AU$808 with Wotif. Find flights as low as AU$808! As COVID-19 disrupts travel, a few airlines are offering WAIVING CHANGE FEE for new bookings
Socioeconomic differentials in mortality among older people | Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health
Grundy and Holt analysed data from a national sample of adults in Britain with the aim of identifying which of seven indicators of socioeconomic status, used singly or combined, would be most useful in studies of health inequalities in older populations.3 They reported that the best pair of variables was education qualification or social class paired with a deprivation indicator. They argued that, for the purpose of studying health inequalities, indicators of socioeconomic status need to be sufficiently sensitive to permit differentiation between the relevant groups of people, and they should not themselves be a measure of health status in order to minimise problems of reverse causation in interpretations of the data. They illustrated the problems inherent in the most commonly used indicators of socioeconomic status in industrialised nations when used with older populations. Each indicator is context dependent, and thus the interpretation of international data requires the exercise of caution. ...
Does service accessibility reduce socioeconomic differentials in maternity care seeking? Evidence from rural Bangladesh
Maternal mortality is a serious public health concern in Bangladesh. However, most deaths could be prevented through proper and timely care seeking and adequate management. Unfortunately, fewer than half of pregnant women in Bangladesh seek antenatal care, and only one in eight receive delivery care …
VALADARES, Agnes Araujo; DUARTE, Paulo Schiavom; CARVALHO, Giovanna; ONO, Carla Rachel; COURA-FILHO, George Barberio; SADO, Heitor Naoki; SAPIENZA, Marcelo Tatit; BUCHPIGUEL, Carlos Alberto (Colégio Brasileiro de Radiologia e Diagnóstico por Imagem, 2016) ...
Watch Coriolanus 2012 full movie online or download fast
Coriolanus. The citizens of Rome are hungry. Coriolanus, the hero of Rome, a great soldier and a man of inflexible self-belief despises the people. His extreme views ignite a mass riot. Rome is bloody. Manipulated and out-maneuvered by politicians and even his own mother Volumnia, Coriolanus is banished from Rome. He offers his life or his services to his sworn enemy Tullus Aufidius.. .
Smoothie Recipes For Any Appetite! - Womens Running
When youre a runner on the go, its easy to under-fuel-or to make less-than-stellar snack time choices. But a few dietary missteps can lead to complete disaster when your workout rolls around. Running without proper fueling is like going on a road trip without filling up with gas, says nutritionist Tara Coleman.. One simple solution? Fire up the blender and reach for a smoothie. Theyre portable, potable and easy to fi ll with the perfect combo of healthy ingredients to start the day, prepare your body for an amazing run or replenish tired muscles. Plus you give o awesome active vibes when sipping on a homemade concoction instead of a sugary store-bought bev.. The trick to whipping up the perfect smoothie is to match your mini-meal to the occasion. Different times of day call for different combinations of carbs, protein, fat and liquid. To ensure you drink a deliciously appropriate mixture every time, weve built blueprints to create the perfect early-torise breakfast, determined pre-run ...
We need your financial support
Our internet archive is being built up with the help of volunteers. But we have to maintain an office with up-to-date facilities to do our work effectively. For our campaign to succeed, we have to move mountains of prejudice. The authorities in Rome are so opposed to the idea that they are trying to close any discussion on the ordination of women. Bishops are told they may not support anyone who favours women priests. Theologians are required to swear allegiance to all papal teaching, which now includes the ban on women priests. Unless we shout from the rooftops, nothing is going to change! Our website needs to be professional, visible, outspoken, easily accessible to all. All that costs money.. If at all possible ...
Kiwi Hellenist: 2015
Many popular beliefs about ancient Greece and Rome are misconceptions. This blog digs into the evidence and looks for the reality behind the myth.
Kiwi Hellenist: June 2016
Many popular beliefs about ancient Greece and Rome are misconceptions. This blog digs into the evidence and looks for the reality behind the myth.
Kiwi Hellenist: November 2015
Many popular beliefs about ancient Greece and Rome are misconceptions. This blog digs into the evidence and looks for the reality behind the myth.
MARISA MELL: June 2009
During the production of the movie Danger: Diabolik!, directed by Mario Bava and starring John Phillip Law as Diabolik and Marisa Mell as Lady Eva Kant, the production crew did not only film in the studios owned by producer Dino de Laurentiis called Dinocitta in Rome but also outside in two other places in the Italian country. The first place was Turin, a major city as well as a business and cultural centre in northern Italy, mostly famous for the Shroud of Turin, a linnen cloth with the face of Jesus. The other place is Anzio, a city and comune on the coast of the Lazio region of Italy, about 57 km south of Rome. The city is well known for its seaside harbor setting, fishing port and a departure point for ferries and hydroplanes to the Pontine Islands of Ponza, Palmarola and Ventotene. During the production of the movie, Marisa Mell and John Phillip Law were a real life couple and were living together (as can be seen on a photo in the the excellent Tim Lucas book about the life and ...
LiveLeak.com - Drunk unlicensed drivers show an officer around town for 1.4 km while hanging on the cars hood
An unlicensed white car met the inspection refused. When the traffic police stopped in front of the hood of the car want to stop it, the driver instead of crazy escort crazy traffic police, driving 1.4 km before stopping. The driver is still running a red light all the way, almost crash ...
One-day blitz shows drugs arent hidden from traffic police | Coffs Coast Advocate
A ONE day DnA operation targeting drink and drug driving in central Coffs Harbour has seen eight motorists issued with notices of prohibition.
Airbnb® | Rome - Vacation Rentals & Places to Stay - Lazio, Italy
Oct 22, 2020 - Rent from people in Rome, Italy from $20/night. Find unique places to stay with local hosts in 191 countries. Belong anywhere with Airbnb.
U.S. Drought Monitor
No two states experience the same set of impacts during a drought. We developed tables of impacts reported during past droughts in each state for each level of drought on the U.S. Drought Monitor. These state-specific possible impacts complement the general, national possible impacts column of the U.S. Drought Monitor Classification Scheme. ...
Andiamo per GRADE | BAL Lazio
Roma, venerdì 28 aprile 2017 , Sala del Commendatore , Borgo S. Spirito 3. ll tema dello sviluppo delle linee guida e della loro qualità metodologica è allordine del giorno alla luce del recente decreto sulla responsabilità professionale. Negli anni il GRADE (Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation) è diventato lo strumento di riferimento per la valutazione della affidabilità delle prove scientifiche e per la formulazione di raccomandazioni cliniche basate sulle evidenze: ad oggi più di 100 organizzazioni in 19 paesi in tutto il mondo supportano o utilizzano questo metodo.. Laspetto più peculiare del sistema GRADE è lintegrazione della valutazione della qualità metodologica delle prove disponibili con altri aspetti quali: fattibilità e trasferibilità dellintervento proposto; benefici e rischi attesi e la loro rilevanza; implicazioni organizzative, economiche, sociali e finanziarie (rispetto al contesto) e valori per i pazienti.. Il recente riconoscimento ...
Bolsena | Italy | Britannica.com
Bolsena: Bolsena, town, Lazio (Latium) regione, central Italy. It is situated on the northeast bank of Lake Bolsena (ancient Lacus Volsiniensis), just southwest of Orvieto. It
Watch to safeguard : FAO in Emergencies
Alerts effectively contribute to risk reduction and are based on information of possible impacts on the agriculture sector and provide advice on what farmers can do to reduce the risk of a disaster.
LIGURIA (ITALY) | SkyscraperCity
Liguria (Italy) Some pictures from Paradise Portofino Portofino Portofino Portofino Portofino Camogli Le Cinque Terre Sestri Levante...
Masseria Liuni, Italy Events | Eventbrite
Lining up plans in Masseria Liuni? Whether youre a local, new in town, or just passing through, youll be sure to find something on Eventbrite that piques your interest.
Malcesine, Italy Events | Eventbrite
Arranging plans in Malcesine? Whether youre a local, new to town, or just passing through, youll be sure to find something on Eventbrite that piques your interest.
Cassa di Risparmio della Marca Trivigiana
"BANCA DELLE VENEZIE PARTE L' ITER - FUSIONE". La Repubblica (in Italian). Rome: Gruppo Editoriale L'Espresso. 4 September 1993 ... "Nasce Unicredito, banca-leader Profumo: Cresceremo ancora". La Repubblica (in Italian). Rome: Gruppo Editoriale L'Espresso. 21 ... "NELLE CASSE ABBANDONANO I ' DOPPISTI'". La Repubblica (in Italian). Rome: Gruppo Editoriale L'Espresso. 20 August 1994. ... "Provvedimento N°6429 (C3219) Credito Italiano / Unicredito" (PDF) (Press release) (in Italian). Rome: Italian Competition ...
Rome. Ramanujan, A. K. 1991. "Three Hundred Rāmāyaṇas: Five Examples and Three Thoughts on Translation." Pp. 22-48 in Many ...
Rome. p. 223. Tsepon W.D. Shakabpa (2009) One Hundred Thousand Moons, Leiden, p. 276. ISBN 9004177329. Olaf Czaja (2013) ... Giuseppe Tucci (1949) Tibetan Painted Scrolls, Rome, Vol. II, p. 642 Tsepon W.D. Shakabpa (2009) One Hundred Thousand Moons, ...
Roman Catholic Diocese of Modigliana
Rome. 1907. p. 474. ,volume= has extra text (help) This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: ...
It served Rome for more than 400 years. The name of the Latin fountain derives from the Latin word Trivium (intersection of ... Gross, Hanns (1990). Rome in the Age of Enlightenment: the Post-Tridentine syndrome and the ancient regime. New York: Cambridge ... The money has been used to subsidize a supermarket for Rome's needy; however, there are regular attempts to steal coins from ... The majority of the piece is made from Travertine stone, quarried near Tivoli, about 35 kilometres (22 miles) east of Rome. The ...
List of vegetarians
"Battiato: 'Una scelta di vita aiuta il corpo e la mente'". la Repubblica (in Italian). Rome. 25 June 2008. Archived from the ...
Rome. p. 263. ISBN 978-92-5-107989-8. v t e. ...
In November 1973, he paid an official visit to Rome that was the first official visit to the Vatican by a Polish government ... Rome. 13 November 1973. Retrieved 16 June 2013. J. B. de Weydenthal (1984). "The Pope's Pilgrimage to Poland" (PDF). Religion ...
A Stranger in the Family
Giornata di Lezioni Teoriche - Accademia di Psicoterapia della Famiglia, Roma, Italia" [From the Threshold to the Event: The ... Academic Teaching Day - Academy of Family Psychotherapy, Rome, Italy]. www.slideshare.net/PhiloShrink (in Italian).. ... Rome. 54: 5-9. eISSN 1972-5442. ISSN 0391-2868. DiNicola, Vincenzo (1997). "Culture and the web of meaning: Creating family and ... his model presented at McGill University where he first developed it and the Accademia di Psicoterapia della Famiglia in Rome, ...
Rome. Retrieved 2008-09-02. Si compascuus ager est, ius est compascere. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) George Long ( ...
History of the FIBA Basketball World Cup
Rome. Retrieved 7 September 2010. "2006 FIBA World Championship: International Player States". NBA.com. Retrieved 7 September ...
Blazejowsky, Dmytro (1990). Hierarchy of the Kyivan Church (861-1990). Rome. p. 342. "Bishop Silvester Bubanovich". catholic- ...
Carlo Ripa di Meana
Ripa di Meana died in Rome on the afternoon of 2 March 2018, two months after his wife Marina died after a long illness on 4 ... 30 (XXIV ed.). Rome. 2010-2014. p. 482. "Firmai contro Calabresi, chiedo scusa" [I signed against Calabresi, I apologize]. La ... in a civil ceremony at Campagnano di Roma. Witnesses were Antonio Giolitti, Bettino Craxi, Alberto Moravia and Goffredo Parise ...
African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (2008) "The Right to Food and Access to Natural Resources". Rome. ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Finale Primavera: Varese-Roma in diretta: 2-3" [Primavera Final: Varese-Roma live: 2-3 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Varese, Primavera eroica: è in finale con la Roma" [Varese, heroic Primavera: in the ... they came within 15 seconds of beating Roma, only to lose in extra time. At the end of that season, Mangia followed technical ... Rome. Retrieved 6 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Alessandro Micai è un giocatore della Salernitana" (in ...
List of awards and nominations received by Meryl Streep
"Tutti I Nomi Per I Nastri D' Argento" [All Names for Nastri D' Argento]. la Repubblica (in Italian). Roma. June 13, 1986. ... Rome. Archived from the original on February 19, 2014. Retrieved December 18, 2013. "Golden Schmoes Winners & Nominees (2002 ... "I Premi ufficiali della quarta edizione" [The Official Prizes of the fourth edition] (in Italian). Rome Film Festival. Archived ...
Rome. pp. 217-228. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.86.3154. doi:10.1007/3-540-62592-5_74. Powers, David M. W.; McMahon, Graham B. (1983). "A ...
Freedom of panorama
Scorza, Guido; Spinelli, Luca (March 3, 2007). "Dare un senso al degrado" (PDF). Rome. Archived (PDF) from the original on July ...
List of Catholic artists
Enciclopedia di Roma, Newton Compton, Rome. Rome edited by Marcia B. Hall, pgs 64-65 and 83 High Renaissance Art in St. Peter's ... Rome, 1909. Domenichino, 1581-1641, exh. cat. with entries on the paintings by Richard E. Spear, Rome, 1996. Bluffton ... La grande enciclopedia di Roma. Rome: Newton Compton. Deborah Howard. Jacopo Sansovino Architecture and Patronage in ... Rome edited by Marcia B. Hall, pg 263 Sicily by Dana Facaros and Michael Pauls, pg 39 Sicilia by Andrea Caizzi Smith, Robert C ...
2016 in men's road cycling
Rome. AFP. 24 September 2016. Retrieved 28 September 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Nicola Ruffoni remporte le ...
While Ittar was still young his family moved to Rome, where under the patronage of Cardinal Alessandro Albani Ittar later ... studied architecture at this time influenced in Rome by the concepts of Francesco Borromini. After a brief period in Spain ...
2014 Wales summit
Renzi arriva al vertice Nato, summit G5 su Ucraina apre incontri". Internazionale (in Italian). Rome. 4 September 2014. North ...
Giovanni Soglia Ceroni
"Rome". The Tablet. 24 September 1887. Retrieved 12 June 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) John Henry Newman, ...
José Santiago Rodríguez Zorrilla
Encyclical: Etsi longissimo terrarum [Even distant lands] (in Latin). Rome. January 1816. Campos Harriet, Fernando (1958). Los ... had written that the bishop Rodriguez was corresponding with Rome, they put him on a mattress at midnight and sent him to ... que el obispo Rodríguez estaba carteándose con Roma, le pusieron aquellos a medianoche en un colchón y le mandaron a México ... ...
He remained in Rome until 1863 when he returned to Galicia and was appointed to serve in the village of Tylicz. He worked also ... Athanasius, Rome, where he was ordained as a priest on 1 November 1860 and he obtained a doctorate in theology in 1861. ... Rome. 4: 270. 1898. Salvador Miranda. "(100) 1. SEMBRATOWICZ, Sylwester". The Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church. Retrieved 29 ...
Ex situ conservation
Rome. FAO. (2015). The Second Report on the State of the World's Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture. Rome. ... Rome. Niasari-Naslaji, A.; Nikjou, D.; Skidmore, J. A.; Moghiseh, A.; Mostafaey, M.; Razavi, K.; Moosavi-Movahedi, A. A. (2009 ...
Rome. ,volume= has extra text (help) Vv.Aa. (1997). Pieve di Soligo e la Gastaldia di Solighetto dal Medioevo all'Età ... Zamboni, Alberto (1983). Le Origini del Cristianesimo tra Piave e Livenza, da Roma a Carlo Magno. L'Azione (in Italian). ... Clinica Europea, Attualità di Medicina (in Italian). V, N. 2. Rome. Carpenè, Camillo (1969). Floriani, Abramo (ed.). Ombre e ...
The six-song collection called London! Paris! New York! Rome! was released on iTunes in March 2009, and became available as a ... Rome! Tracks from Harpistry appear on various EMI compilation disks. Bryan Ferry As Time Goes By 1999-2000 Harp/Percussion Roxy ...
Fruits on a Table
In December 2014 they were returned to him by a court in Rome. Simultaneously, the sole and universal heir of the original ... Rome. Retrieved 4 August 2015. Article in Antiques Trade Gazette. ...
Plant genetic resources
Rome. Retrieved 5 June 2018. Thayer, Alan (2005). "A new look at conservation as a means of maintaining wild type genetic ...
Club of Rome - Wikipedia
"The story of the Club of Rome". Club of Rome. Archived from the original on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2013.. ... "Club of Rome. Retrieved 29 November 2017.. *^ a b "The Predicament of Mankind" (PDF). 1970. Archived from the original (PDF) on ... "Club of Rome. Retrieved 5 December 2017.. *^ von Weizsaecker, Ernst; Wijkman, Anders (2018). Come On! Capitalism, Short-termism ... "Club of Rome. Retrieved 29 November 2017.. *^ "The First Global Revolution". The Green Agenda. 19 November 2005. Retrieved 6 ...
Rome - Wikipedia
in Italian) Seule Paris est digne de Rome; seule Rome est digne de Paris. (in French) "Only Paris is worthy of Rome; only Rome ... Rome is also home to other sports teams, including volleyball (M. Roma Volley), handball or waterpolo. Rome is at the centre of ... Rome (Italian and Latin: Roma [ˈroːma] (listen)) is the capital city and a special comune of Italy (named Comune di Roma ... Rome. Retrieved August 25th, 2020. Ravaglioli, Armando (1997). Roma anno 2750 ab Urbe condita (in Italian). Rome: Tascabili ...
Rome founded - HISTORY
... found Rome on the site where they were suckled by a she-wolf as orphaned ... Rome lacked women, however, so Romulus invited the neighboring Sabines to a festival and abducted their women. A war then ... READ MORE: 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome Reared by Faustulus and his wife, the twins later became leaders of a band of ... Alba Longa was a mythical city located in the Alban Hills southeast of what would become Rome. Before the birth of the twins, ...
Rome Foundation - Idealist
The Rome Foundation is an independent nonprofit 501(c) 3 organization that provides support for activities designed to create ... The Rome Foundation is an independent nonprofit 501(c) 3 organization that provides support for activities designed to create ... The Rome Foundation is committed to the continuous development, legitimization and preservation of the field of FGIDs through ... The Rome Foundation is an independent nonprofit 501(c) 3 organization that provides support for activities designed to create ...
Religion in ancient Rome - Wikipedia
Cornell, T., The beginnings of Rome: Italy and Rome from the Bronze Age to the Punic Wars (c.1000-264 BC), Routledge, 1995. ... Religion in Ancient Rome includes the ancestral ethnic religion of the city of Rome that the Romans used to define themselves ... Some evidently favoured Rome because Rome honoured them, but none were intrinsically, irredeemably foreign or alien. The ... Romes affinity to the Latins allowed two Latin cults within the pomoerium: and the cult to Hercules at the ara maxima in ...
Rome Travel Guide | CNN Travel
View CNNs Rome Travel Guide to explore the best things to do and places to stay, plus get insider tips, watch original video ... Rome. Few cities are as steeped in living history as Rome. The seat of one of the worlds great empires and home to some of the ... Steep yourself in Romes imperial pomp at The Coliseum, The Pantheon and the Roman Forum. Brave the queues and marvel at St ...
CasaCau Hotel Review, Rome | Travel
Rome hotel review on Telegraph Travel. See great photos, full ratings, facilities, expert advice and book the best hotel deals. ... CasaCau is the nexus of all activity in Rome-from culture and history, to shopping and food. The Trevi Fountain and art ... FH94 srl, via Torino 149, 00184 Rome. 00 39 06 6929 0159 casacau.com ...
Rome Kanda - Wikipedia
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Rome Kanda Official website Rome Kanda at IMDb Interview with Rome Kanda, Host of ... Rome Kanda (神田 瀧夢, Kanda Romu) is a Japanese tarento, comedian and actor who resides in the United States. He currently lives ... 2020 : Cyberpunk 2077 : Goro Takemura "J!-ENT SPECIAL FEATURE INTERVIEW with ROME KANDA by J!-ENTs Dennis A. Amith" (PDF). ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Interview with Rome Kanda, Host of Majide on I Survived a Japanese Game Show". ...
Practical info Rome, Italy
Practical information about Rome airport, visa and health care information, the weather, public transport and the local ... Rome enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with mild winters and hot, dry summers. January is the coldest month in Rome, and July and ... The historic centre of Rome is compact and manageable on foot, and most of it is closed to normal traffic. Driving in Rome is ... Rome Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport. www.adr.it. Getting to the city. The train station is across the road from Terminal ...
Novotel Rome Eur hotel
1.5 km from the underground and 15 km from Rome airports. It has 3 meeting rooms, 2 restaurants and family rooms. ... VISIT TO ROME EUR » GOOD LOCATION IN ROME EUR AREA NEAR EUR2MALL SHOPPING CENTRE ROOMS CLEAN , HEATER LITTLE STRONG FOR THIS ... Novotel Roma Eur Hotel. Mid-scale hotel for business or family trips Surrounded by striking architecture, the Novotel Roma Eur ... trip to rome » I arrived late to a very unfriendly reception. I was not offered my welcome drink as part of my membership. The ...
Rome, the Eternal City, has been a sacred place and internationally important city since ancient times. Romes history ... The first known temple in Rome was built around 575 BC. A Jewish community was established in Rome in 161 BC and remains active ... Christians arrived in the 1st century AD, and Rome has been the center of Catholic Christianity ever since. Romes abundance of ... The most sacred of the seven hills in Rome, Capitoline Hill once hosted a great temple. Today it is home to the Capitoline ...
Babuino 181 Hotel Review, Rome | Travel
Rome hotel review on Telegraph Travel. See great photos, full ratings, facilities, expert advice and book the best hotel deals. ... When the Gran Meliá Rome on the panoramic Gianicolo Hill bills itself as an urban resort, it does... Read expert review ... Like its three sisters in the Rome Luxury Suites group, all within five minutes walk of each other - Babuino 181 is a great ... A chic and stylish hotel in Romes upscale Borghese neighbourhood, with 14 luxuriously appointed ... Read expert review ...
Buy Rome Travel Guide - Microsoft Store
Explore Rome like a local with Rome Travel Guide by Pangea Guides. Learn more about this marvelous city with the city guide, ... Explore Rome like a local with Rome Travel Guide by Pangea Guides. Learn more about this marvelous city with the city guide, ... Extremely detailed Rome offline map for no connectivity or no internet availability (Connection required on first time use). • ... Extremely detailed Rome offline map for no connectivity or no internet availability (Connection required on first time use). • ...
Veltroni: Rome's Obama? - France 24
... the former Rome mayor Walter Veltroni is hoping to overturn Berlusconis massive lead. Can he carry his centre-left Democratic ... To many Italians the former mayor of Rome sounds more like a philosophy professor than a politician. Soft-spoken, he is fond of ... In many ways, the former mayor of Rome is the most formidable opponent Berlusconi has ever faced. Unlike Romano Prodi, Veltroni ... A fan of Barack Obama and American pop culture, the former Rome mayor Walter Veltroni is hoping to overturn Berlusconis ...
Flights Rome (ROM) | India - Lufthansa ®
Take advantage of our low fares and book your inexpensive flights to Rome with Lufthansa immediately. Book your flights to Rome ... Enjoy Lufthansas low fares and book flights to Rome (ROM). Rome is a famous city dating back to ancient antiquity. Its long, ... Sites in Rome include the Forum, the Pantheon the Vatican and many others. Tourists can also visit several museums devoted to ... Even if you are not planning a trip to Rome, Lufthansa flies to a variety of other places throughout United States, Africa, and ...
Named Entity Browser, Rome (Italy)
C. D. Yonge). You can also browse the collection for Rome (Italy) or search for Rome (Italy) in all documents. ... He was at Rome, when on a sudden messengers came to Marcus Tullius from his villa, to say that Publius Fabius had advertised ... She herself has lately hastened from Larinum to Rome for the sake of destroying this her son. The woman is at hand, bold, ... For we know that then, when many had lost large fortunes in Asia, all credit failed at Rome, from payments being hindered. For ...
Cycling in Rome, GA | ACTIVE
Rome, Italy Music Events | Eventbrite
Looking for music events in Rome? Whether youre a local, new in town, or just passing through, youll be sure to find ... Share I Tre Tenori a Roma - Nessun Dorma with your friends.. Save I Tre Tenori a Roma - Nessun Dorma to your collection.. ... Share I Tre Tenori a Roma - Nessun Dorma with your friends.. Save I Tre Tenori a Roma - Nessun Dorma to your collection.. ... Share Roma hi-fidelity 2021, la rassegna più importante hi-end, FREE ENTRY with your friends.. Save Roma hi-fidelity 2021, la ...
Elvis Lives | Shopping in Rome
ROME Workshop | Kutz Research Group
Claudio Conti and Eugenio Del Re (Roma). - Silvia Gentilini and Giulia Marcucci (Roma) - LOCAL ORGANIZERS ... 4 Workshop (UW Rome Center). - NO REGISTRATION FEE. - APPLICATION & ACCEPTANCE REQUIRED. SCHEDULE [PDF ]. VENUES. Summer School ... Simone Melchionna (ISC-CNR, Rome) Multiscale biofluidics: from kinetic theory to medicine. Themis Sapsis (MIT) A variational ... Eugenio Del Re and Claudio Conti (Roma). Tutorial 7: Sparse Measurements for Complex Systems. Krithika Manohar (Washington). ...
Rome/Colosseo - Wikitravel
Sunset Roma Guest House Rome , Via dei Serpenti 97. Telephone +39 06 479933, Fax +39 06 485836. Cosy guest house of Rome ... Rome, Italy . Telephone +39 348 4067222 • Fax +39 06 4891643. The Aenea Superior Inn Rome is a guest house of Rome. 15 ... Rome/Colosseo. From Wikitravel. Rome : Colosseo. Revision as of 20:03, 8 November 2012 by Thordivel. (talk , contribs) (→Mid- ... Angelus B&B Rome - Via del Boschetto 13 - Cap: 00184, Rome, Italy . Telephone +39 06 4821196 • Fax +39 06 48930421. The ...
Rome - Europe - Airbus
Location: Rome, Italy. Mission: Reporting to the Head of System Technologies, the role involves to follow R&D studies, projects ... The Rome Headquarters and Industrial Plant share the same industrial complex in Tiburtina area, where most of the Italian ... Lazio, where Rome is located, is the only Italian region which hosts the whole aerospace value chain, granting an important ...
Visiting Rome? Insiders share tips | CNN Travel
Visiting Rome? Insiders share their tips on the best pizza, coffee and attractions (that arent the Colosseum) in Italys ... Hotel Sunset Roma This modest guesthouse is a good spot from which to see the best of Rome in the day and explore the narrow ... Romes fashion district. Rome may not be Caput Mundi for the world of high fashion, but youre not going to be stuck for choice ... Is it the best in Rome? Well, the only other bar in Rome awarded three cups and three beans from Rosso is the Stravinskij Bar ...
Highest Rated Titles With Eddy Rome - IMDb
Hotel in ROME - Martis Palace Hotel
The Martis Palace Hotel is a luxury 4-star hotel located at the heart of Romes historic center, just 87.5 yards (80 m) from ... The Martis Palace Hotel is a luxury 4-star hotel located at the heart of Romes historic center, just 87.5 yards (80 m) from ... Roma Fun, the Stracittadina, raceFrom 08/04/2018 to 08/04/2018 ... ROMA TERMINI At 4.4km / 2.73 miles. * ROMA TIBURTINA At 8.6km ...
Lessons from How Rome Fell | ScienceBlogs
I finished reading Adrian Goldsworthys How Rome Fell. While there are far too many inane comparisons between the Late Roman ... yet Rome recovered and became the sole Mediterranean power; Rome fell several centuries later to about 7,000 Goths). So Monday ... A while ago, I finished reading Adrian Goldsworthys How Rome Fell. While there are far too many inane comparisons between the ... I will say though, that How Rome Fell just seems like a better title, especially if youre trying to get holiday shoppers who ...
Rome Asthma Weather - AccuWeather for Italy
Emilio's Home in Rome, Italy | Expedia
Book great deals at Emilios Home with Expedia.com - Check guest reviews, photos & cheap rates for Emilios Home in Rome ... Stay at this family-friendly B&B in Rome. Enjoy free WiFi, breakfast, and a bar/lounge. Popular attractions Stadio Olimpico and ... Castel SantAngelo and Spanish Steps are also within 6 mi (10 km). Rome Tor di Quinto Station is 23 minutes by foot and Rome ... Rome. Located in Tor di Quinto neighborhood, Emilios Home is connected to a shopping center. Trevi Fountain and Vatican ...
Hotel Farnese | Rome, Italy - Lonely Planet
Treaty of Rome | Europe  | Britannica
... signed in Rome on March 25, 1957, by Belgium, France, the Federal Republic of Germany (West Germany), Italy, Luxembourg, and ... Rome: Capital of a united Italy. In 1957 the Treaties of Rome were signed in the city by representatives of Italy, Belgium, ... Treaty of RomeSigning of the Treaty of Rome, March 25, 1957.. AP Images. ... Treaties of Rome, international agreement, signed in Rome on March 25, 1957, by Belgium, France, the Federal Republic of ...
LazioItalyCentreColosseumMetropolitan City of RRome'sTeatro dellReuters2016TerminiEternal City2020Trevi FountainRomulusGuesthouseLeonardoIMDbColosseoHotelLocationRomanCenterTravelRomansHotelsSharePracticeEurope'sAncient RomeWorld'sTouristsTravelersItalianMediterraneanVilla BorghesePeter's BasilicaCloseSabineStayRomaniBerlusconi'sDolce VitaYearsOrganisationsHISTORYMadridCenturiesFellCities
- Rome (Italian and Latin: Roma [ˈroːma] (listen)) is the capital city and a special comune of Italy (named Comune di Roma Capitale), as well as the capital of the Lazio region. (wikipedia.org)
- Rome is located in the central-western portion of the Italian Peninsula, within Lazio (Latium), along the shores of the Tiber. (wikipedia.org)
- Lazio, where Rome is located, is the only Italian region which hosts the whole aerospace value chain, granting an important competitive advantage at national and international level. (airbus.com)
- Nicola Zingaretti, the president of the Lazio region around Rome, said Raggi had avoided responsibility. (reuters.com)
- Roma ), the Eternal City , is the capital and largest city of Italy and of the Lazio region. (wikitravel.org)
- It is the centre of the Metropolitan City of Rome, which has a population of 4,355,725 residents, thus making it the most populous metropolitan city in Italy. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1871, Rome became the capital of the Kingdom of Italy, which, in 1946, became the Italian Republic. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2019, Rome was the 11th most visited city in the world with 10.1 million tourists, the third most visited in the European Union, and the most popular tourist destination in Italy. (wikipedia.org)
-  Founded in 1968 at Accademia dei Lincei in Rome , Italy , the Club of Rome consists of current and former heads of state, UN bureaucrats, high-level politicians and government officials, diplomats, scientists, economists, and business leaders from around the globe. (wikipedia.org)
- Religion in Ancient Rome includes the ancestral ethnic religion of the city of Rome that the Romans used to define themselves as a people, as well as the religious practices of peoples brought under Roman rule, in so far as they became widely followed in Rome and Italy. (wikipedia.org)
- You can also browse the collection for Rome (Italy) or search for Rome (Italy) in all documents . (tufts.edu)
- Bubbles, Rome, Italy: Book Now! (hostelbookers.com)
- Hostella, Rome, Italy: Book Now! (hostelbookers.com)
- Rome Italy Golf Balls are great gifts for friends and coworkers. (cafepress.com)
- He is in Rome to plead once more for citizenship for the towns of Italy, Rome's "allies. (macmillan.com)
- Italy hadn't always paid tribute to Rome: Its independence had been worn down over centuries of war. (macmillan.com)
- Save on your reservation by booking with our discount rates at Hotel Villa Rosa Rome in Italy . (priceline.com)
- After a spectacular three-year run for Sud Italia, Shanon Scott's ode to the foodways of Southern Italy, the Houston restaurateur has turned his gaze northward to the capital: Rome or Roma (ROH-mah) in Italian. (opentable.com)
- Going out to eat with children is very much the norm in Italy, and Rome is no exception. (oreilly.com)
- Distinctive Italy Weddings is a luxury destination wedding planning company in Rome, Italy. (weddingwire.com)
- I am a destination wedding photographer working out of Rome Italy and serving the Italian peninsula with unique photography services. (weddingwire.com)
- Let this being in front of some of the most spectacular landmarks in Rome and throughout Italy. (weddingwire.com)
- Ortica Wedding is a wedding photography business based in Rome, Italy. (weddingwire.com)
- Gianni Fantauzzi Photography is a wedding photography service based out of Rome in Italy. (weddingwire.com)
- Like its big sister city of Italy, Rome is known as the "City of Seven Hills" due to its location in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, where the Etowah River and Oostanaula River merge to form the Coosa River. (mesothelioma.com)
- Famous artists, painters, sculptors and architects made Rome the centre of their activity, creating masterpieces throughout the city. (wikipedia.org)
- The presence of renowned international brands in the city have made Rome an important centre of fashion and design, and the Cinecittà Studios have been the set of many Academy Award-winning movies. (wikipedia.org)
- The historic centre of Rome is compact and manageable on foot, and most of it is closed to normal traffic. (klm.com)
- Via dei Fori Imperiali cuts through the centre of the Rome/Colosseo district, connecting Piazza Venezia with the Colosseum. (wikitravel.org)
- Share beach and Rome centre: From Ostia Lido Centro Station you can catch bus 01 that stops 20 metres from the apartment. (vrbo.com)
- By Metro you can reach the center of Rome in 30 minutes For those who want to stay few days in Rome centre ask for our Rome centre penthouse apartment. (vrbo.com)
- Transfert from Ostia Lido Centro Metro Station: if you arrive by train or you split your holiday with their Rome centre apt or b&b, we provide to pick you up in front of the Ostia Lido Metro station We have Rome centre Apt and another rome beach apartment if the dates are close so you can split your holiday! (vrbo.com)
- The B&T ROOMS is situated in the centre of Rome, a short walk from the main railway and underground station Termini. (hostels.com)
- Rome can be divided into several districts: the so-called historical centre is quite small - only around 4% of the city area - but it's the place in which most of the tourist attraction are located. (wikitravel.org)
- For more than a millennium, these ancient squares formed the centre of public life in Ancient Rome. (alitalia.com)
- In the historic centre of Rome, teeming both with Christmas shoppers and with student protesters, there were at first scenes of jubilation, quickly followed by shouts of anger that the media mogul had once again confounded his critics and pulled off another apparent victory. (bbc.co.uk)
- The centre of Rome had been cut off all day from the rest of the Italian capital by hundred of armed police. (bbc.co.uk)
- Rome is not complete without a visit to the Colosseum where Gladiators once battled Royale! (westjet.com)
- The Ryse: Son of Rome Season Pass incudes all four post-launch add-on packs: Colosseum Pack, Mars' Chosen Pack, Duel of Fates Pack, and Morituri Pack. (microsoft.com)
- The heart of ancient Rome, the Colosseum, the Imperial Fora and the Markets of Trajan, the Capitoline hill and its museums. (wikitravel.org)
- The Flavian Amphitheatre, as the Colosseum was originally known, is the largest amphitheatre in the world and the most famous building in Rome. (alitalia.com)
Metropolitan City of R1
- The territory of the comune ( Roma Capitale , in red) inside the Metropolitan City of Rome ( Città Metropolitana di Roma , in yellow). (wikipedia.org)
- According to legends , most of Rome's religious institutions could be traced to its founders , particularly Numa Pompilius , the Sabine second king of Rome , who negotiated directly with the gods . (wikipedia.org)
- Surrounded by striking architecture, the Novotel Roma Eur hotel is in one of Rome's most modern districts, close to the metro and easily reachable from Fiumicino Airport and Termini train station. (accorhotels.com)
- ROME-No Italian can forget last year's Charlie Brown Christmas tree in Rome's central square. (thedailybeast.com)
- Teatro dell'Opera di Roma and Via Marsala are also within half a mile (1 km). (travelocity.com)
- ROME (Reuters) - Rome narrowly avoided water rationing on Friday after a deal between the regional government and the city's water company defused a row over drawing water from a drought-affected lake. (reuters.com)
- ROME, Dec 2 (Reuters) - Rome is banning horse-drawn carriages popular with tourists from the city's streets, in a move aimed at protecting the animals after years of debate over their well-being, Mayor Virginia Raggi said on Wednesday. (reuters.com)
- ROME, May 14 (Reuters) - Andy Murray made light of a swirling wind to ease past Spain's Marcel Granollers 6-2 7-5 in the second round of the Rome Masters on Wednesday. (reuters.com)
- April 27 (Reuters) - World number four Victoria Azarenka's French Open preparations have suffered a heavy blow, with the Belarusian pulling out of claycourt tournaments in Madrid and Rome as she continues her recovery from a foot injury. (reuters.com)
- My Fiance booked Andrea for a surprise engagement proposal in Rome on April, 2016. (weddingwire.com)
- So close to Termini Station and central Rome. (booking.com)
- Hotel Cressy is situated within the walls of the historic center of Rome, about 300 feet from Roma Termini Train Station, the city hub for all kinds of public transportation. (booking.com)
- South of Termini, with an indoor market, piazza Vittorio Emanuele II and the Cathedral of Rome - Saint John in Lateran. (wikitravel.org)
- Rome , the 'Eternal City,' has been a sacred place and internationally important city since ancient times. (sacred-destinations.com)
- Bustling with baroque masterpieces rich in culture and artistic heritage, crowded piazzas, lively sidewalk cafes, renowned cuisine and gelaterias all set against a backdrop of centuries-old villas and pristine places of worship that collide bygone eras with modern-day charm, it's no wonder Rome is dubbed the Eternal City. (westjet.com)
- As of 2020, Rome is ranked as an Alpha global city by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network . (wikipedia.org)
- According to the founding myth of the city by the Ancient Romans themselves, the long-held tradition of the origin of the name Roma is believed to have come from the city's founder and first king, Romulus. (wikipedia.org)
- However, it is a possibility that the name Romulus was actually derived from Rome itself. (wikipedia.org)
- According to tradition, on April 21, 753 B.C., Romulus and his twin brother, Remus, found Rome on the site where they were suckled by a she-wolf as orphaned infants. (history.com)
- Romulus then became ruler of the settlement, which was named "Rome" after him. (history.com)
- Rome lacked women, however, so Romulus invited the neighboring Sabines to a festival and abducted their women. (history.com)
- After Romulus, there were six more kings of Rome, the last three believed to be Etruscans. (history.com)
- The hotel is 17 miles from Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport and 10 miles from Rome Ciampino Airport. (priceline.com)
- CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Rome Kanda Official website Rome Kanda at IMDb Interview with Rome Kanda, Host of 'Majide' on 'I Survived a Japanese Game Show' J! (wikipedia.org)
- The Colosseo district is the heart of ancient Rome . (wikitravel.org)
- With easy access to Fiumicino and Ciampino airports and located close to the metro, the Novotel Roma Eur hotel is ideally situated in the neighborhood, just a few minutes from historic central Rome. (accorhotels.com)
- Like its three sisters in the Rome Luxury Suites group, all within five minutes' walk of each other - Babuino 181 is a great choice for independent mid-budget travellers who like the idea of a hotel which feels more like a collection of classy serviced apartments - all of them effortlessly chic. (telegraph.co.uk)
- To really discover the best of Rome, there's a lot of walking to do -- so choosing a hotel in the city center is wise. (cnn.com)
- With a stay at Hotel Marc Aurelio in Rome (Aurelio), you'll be within a 15-minute drive of St. Peter's Basilica and Vatican Museums. (vrbo.com)
- Location was amazing and could walk to all the main attractions in Rome. (booking.com)
- Location and access to the heart of Rome makes this an ideal location to see all the major sites on Rome. (booking.com)
- Street map of Rome showing location of all our Rome hostels - Click on a hostel icon on the map of Rome or on the hostel name for more information or to book that hostel online. (hostelworld.com)
- With an outdoor pool, an airport shuttle, a fitness room and on-site restaurant, the Holiday Inn Rome Aurelia offers essential services in a location approximately 20 minutes from the center of Rome. (priceline.com)
- While Roman mythology dates the founding of Rome at around 753 BC, the site has been inhabited for much longer, making it one of the oldest continuously occupied cities in Europe. (wikipedia.org)
- In the first century B.C., the Roman poet Virgil developed the Aeneas myth in his epic poem the Aeneid, which told of Aeneas' journey to Rome. (history.com)
-  One way that Rome incorporated diverse peoples was by supporting their religious heritage, building temples to local deities that framed their theology within the hierarchy of Roman religion. (wikipedia.org)
- Plus, here's a surprise - Samantha's Roman experience reveals a super modern side to the Rome of today including a wild nightlife. (travelchannel.com)
- With a visit to the Roman Forum, you can also reach Palatine Hill, which according to legend was the site of the foundation of Rome, and where the emperors had their residences. (alitalia.com)
- Here at Roma, we've created a menu centered around the Roman classics like the pasta trinity - carbonara, amatricana, and cacio e pepe. (opentable.com)
- A recent article in the online publication io9, The First Artificial Sweetener Poisoned Lots of Romans provided a (very) brief look at some of the uses of lead (Pb) in the Roman world, including the tired old hypothesis that it was rampant lead poisoning that led to the downfall of Rome - along with gonorrhoea, Christianity, slavery, and the kitchen sink. (freerepublic.com)
- Rome Sweet Home is the story of Pastor Scott Hahn and his wife Kimberly's journey from Reformed Presbyterianism to Roman Catholicism. (bookrags.com)
- Christians arrived in the 1st century AD, and Rome has been the center of Catholic Christianity ever since. (sacred-destinations.com)
- The workshop will take place following the summer school at the University of Washington Rome Center which is centrally located in the Campo di Fiore. (washington.edu)
- Rome, as a millennia-long center of power, culture (having been the cradle of one of the globe's greatest civilisations ever) and religion, has exerted a huge influence over the world in its roughly 2800 years of existence. (wikitravel.org)
- The city of Rome was founded in 1834 on the idea to build a community that would develop into a booming riverboat trade center. (mesothelioma.com)
- The best time to travel to Rome is in the springtime, between March and May, when skies are blue and the weather warm. (klm.com)
- Explore Rome like a 'local' with Rome Travel Guide by Pangea Guides. (microsoft.com)
- Perfect combination of information and utilities, Rome Travel Guide is your 'Swiss Army Knife' for this great European city. (microsoft.com)
- Practical travel guide with detailed information for districts of Rome. (microsoft.com)
- Rome Travel Guide is currently not available. (microsoft.com)
- In the fourth century B.C., Rome began to expand within the Italian peninsula, and Romans, coming into greater contact with the Greeks, embraced the suggestion that Aeneas had a role in the foundation of their great city. (history.com)
- As with all hotels in Rome, check their website for discounts. (cnn.com)
- The Club of Rome describes itself as "an organisation of individuals who share a common concern for the future of humanity and strive to make a difference. (wikipedia.org)
- Share I Tre Tenori a Roma - Nessun Dorma with your friends. (eventbrite.com)
- Share The Three Tenors in Rome with your friends. (eventbrite.com)
- Share Roma hi-fidelity 2021, la rassegna più importante hi-end, FREE ENTRY with your friends. (eventbrite.com)
- The Rome Headquarters and Industrial Plant share the same industrial complex in Tiburtina area, where most of the Italian companies dealing with space are located. (airbus.com)
- The artist Barbara and chef Marco are the owner of the beach apartment and the other Rome proprieties and they will share italian culture with their guest. (vrbo.com)
- Doctor Miniyar Pediatrics is a medical group practice located in Rome, GA that specializes in Pediatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) and Pediatrics. (healthgrades.com)
- Update on Rome IV criteria for colorectal disorders: implications for clinical practice. (medscape.com)
- We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors that practice within a 100-mile radius of Rome, Georgia. (mesothelioma.com)
- By keeping water running in one of Europe's most popular tourist cities, Rome had avoided "making a dreadful impression internationally", Environment Minister Gian Luca Galletti said. (reuters.com)
- The Roma people, who are Europe's largest minority, have a rich history and have made considerable contributions to society. (ohchr.org)
- With wonderful palaces, thousand-year-old churches, grand Romantic ruins, opulent monuments, ornate statues and graceful fountains, Rome has an immensely rich historical heritage and cosmopolitan atmosphere, making it one of Europe's and the world's most visited, famous, influential and beautiful capitals. (wikitravel.org)
- How Far Did Ancient Rome Spread? (history.com)
- There was no principle analogous to separation of church and state in ancient Rome. (wikipedia.org)
- Age of Gladiators II: Rome is a single-player strategy/management sim set at the height of the bloody gladiatorial games in ancient Rome. (steampowered.com)
- It is the largest surviving monument of Ancient Rome and, with a surface of 3,357 m2, was able to hold more than 50,000 spectators. (alitalia.com)
- With a little more than a week before she defends her title at the French Open , the world's top-ranked player lost to Amelie Mauresmo of France 1-6, 7-5, 6-3 in the semifinals of the Italian Open on Saturday in Rome. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Immortalised in films like Fellini's La Dolce Vita and, more recently, Sorrentino's The Great Beauty, Rome offers tourists not only endless monuments to visit but also evocative views, urban life and sumptuous restaurants. (alitalia.com)
- Welcome to Hostella female only - modern accommodation for women travelers in Rome. (hostelbookers.com)
- The Club of Rome was founded in April 1968 by Aurelio Peccei , an Italian industrialist, and Alexander King , a Scottish scientist . (wikipedia.org)
- from the best places for a square of pizza as well as picking out the Italian capital's best coffee bar (OK, we narrowed it down to two), our scroll-down guide to the best of Rome is your ticket to condensed culture. (cnn.com)
- Pro tip: Rome observes all Italian public holidays, including designated Rome-specific days on April 21 and June 29. (westjet.com)
- Rome enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with mild winters and hot, dry summers. (klm.com)
- Situated in the northern part of Rome, it is home to the Villa Borghese, the Spanish Steps, and the elegant districts of Parioli and Salario. (wikitravel.org)
- Still in Rome, but in the territory of the Vatican State, you can visit the splendid St Peter's Basilica, the papal headquarters, which contains Michelangelo's Pietà, as well as the unmissable Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel: a collection of art to give you goosebumps thanks to the frescoes of Michelangelo and other great artists of the Renaissance. (alitalia.com)
- The weather in Rome during summer (June to August) can be uncomfortably hot, with temperatures often exceeding 95°F (35°C) at midday, and locals tend to close up their businesses during August. (klm.com)
- 2. OOuurr MMiissssiioonn aanndd FFiieellddss ooff WWoorrkk REF's mission is to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma, through the design and implementation of policies and programs that support quality education for Roma including the desegregation of the school system. (slideshare.net)
- A war then ensued, but the Sabine women intervened to prevent the Sabine men from seizing Rome. (history.com)
- 3. In a tightly orchestrated campaign the support of Roma Education Fund enabled the daily bussing of children from 38 Romani families to schools in downtown Tirana from where they had been rehoused some 11 kilometers outside the city, evicted in the summer of 2013 and living on the streets for several months. (slideshare.net)
- These must include efforts to strengthen public knowledge about the Romani history and the Roma Holocaust Memorial Day. (ohchr.org)
- A fan of Barack Obama and American pop culture, the former Rome mayor Walter Veltroni is hoping to overturn Berlusconi's massive lead. (france24.com)
- The BBC's Duncan Kennedy in Rome says although Mr Berlusconi's lobbying has paid off for now, he will still face considerable opposition to his leadership. (bbc.co.uk)
- Experience La Dolce Vita with our newest destination and find out why all roads lead to Rome. (westjet.com)
- Over the last 19 years, the Rome organization has sought to legitimize and update our knowledge of the FGIDs. (idealist.org)
- Rome faces the daunting problem of how to maintain its rich history without sacrificing the needs of its modern citizens-and, in recent years, budget cuts (and the demand for modern infrastructure) have won out over preservation and arts. (newsweek.com)
- In recent years, the city of Rome has rented out the Coliseum as a venue for special events like concerts to help offset the maintenance costs. (newsweek.com)
- Recent reported cases of intimidation, aggression and physical violence against Roma people in Europe, and the apparent rise in the number of incidents in recent years, particularly involving social media, are extremely worrying. (ohchr.org)
- Dr. John Moss, MD is a Neonatal Medicine Specialist in Rome, GA and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. (healthgrades.com)
- Many of the old industries of Rome have died out in recent years, however, the city has witnessed new growth in the technical metals and automotive parts industries. (mesothelioma.com)
- Founded in 1888, the German Historical Institute in Rome is one of Germany's oldest foreign historical organisations. (fujitsu.com)
- Engaging with Roma communities and Roma minority organisations and ensuring their meaningful and effective participation in all areas, including in decision-making bodies, should remain a key priority for States worldwide, as part of their commitment to fully implementing the 1992 United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities . (ohchr.org)
- Hey everybody, unfortunately I won't be competing in Madrid and Rome this year," she said in a video linked to a post on her Twitter account. (reuters.com)
- Missing the May 3-11 Madrid Open and the May 12-18 tournament in Rome leaves her with little time to gain match fitness ahead of Roland Garros, which kicks off from May 25. (reuters.com)
- Rome fell several centuries later to about 7,000 Goths). (scienceblogs.com)
- After the fall of the Empire in the west, which marked the beginning of the Middle Ages, Rome slowly fell under the political control of the Papacy, and in the 8th century it became the capital of the Papal States, which lasted until 1870. (wikipedia.org)
- A while ago, I finished reading Adrian Goldsworthy's How Rome Fell . (scienceblogs.com)
- when he was driven out, Rome punished the traitor cities severely, destroying some outright. (macmillan.com)
- Thousands of people gathered in Rome and Italy's other major cities to demand a change in government. (bbc.co.uk)
- He transferred almost the entire population from the maritime cities to the district now called Emathia, formerly known as Paeonia, and had handed over those cities to the Thracians and other barbarians for their residence, thinking that these races could be more safely depended upon in case of a war with Rome. (mu.edu)