A membrane of squamous EPITHELIAL CELLS, the mesothelial cells, covered by apical MICROVILLI that allow rapid absorption of fluid and particles in the PERITONEAL CAVITY. The peritoneum is divided into parietal and visceral components. The parietal peritoneum covers the inside of the ABDOMINAL WALL. The visceral peritoneum covers the intraperitoneal organs. The double-layered peritoneum forms the MESENTERY that suspends these organs from the abdominal wall.
Biological Transport, Active
Membrane Transport Proteins
Monosaccharide Transport Proteins
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Wounds and Injuries
Tandem Mass Spectrometry
A mass spectrometry technique using two (MS/MS) or more mass analyzers. With two in tandem, the precursor ions are mass-selected by a first mass analyzer, and focused into a collision region where they are then fragmented into product ions which are then characterized by a second mass analyzer. A variety of techniques are used to separate the compounds, ionize them, and introduce them to the first mass analyzer. For example, for in GC-MS/MS, GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY-MASS SPECTROMETRY is involved in separating relatively small compounds by GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY prior to injecting them into an ionization chamber for the mass selection.
Spectrometry, Mass, Electrospray Ionization
A mass spectrometry technique used for analysis of nonvolatile compounds such as proteins and macromolecules. The technique involves preparing electrically charged droplets from analyte molecules dissolved in solvent. The electrically charged droplets enter a vacuum chamber where the solvent is evaporated. Evaporation of solvent reduces the droplet size, thereby increasing the coulombic repulsion within the droplet. As the charged droplets get smaller, the excess charge within them causes them to disintegrate and release analyte molecules. The volatilized analyte molecules are then analyzed by mass spectrometry.
Amino Acid Sequence
Anion Transport Proteins
Cation Transport Proteins
A stack of flattened vesicles that functions in posttranslational processing and sorting of proteins, receiving them from the rough ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM and directing them to secretory vesicles, LYSOSOMES, or the CELL MEMBRANE. The movement of proteins takes place by transfer vesicles that bud off from the rough endoplasmic reticulum or Golgi apparatus and fuse with the Golgi, lysosomes or cell membrane. (From Glick, Glossary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 1990)
Vesicular Transport Proteins
A broad category of proteins involved in the formation, transport and dissolution of TRANSPORT VESICLES. They play a role in the intracellular transport of molecules contained within membrane vesicles. Vesicular transport proteins are distinguished from MEMBRANE TRANSPORT PROTEINS, which move molecules across membranes, by the mode in which the molecules are transported.
Spectrometry, Mass, Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption-Ionization
A mass spectrometric technique that is used for the analysis of large biomolecules. Analyte molecules are embedded in an excess matrix of small organic molecules that show a high resonant absorption at the laser wavelength used. The matrix absorbs the laser energy, thus inducing a soft disintegration of the sample-matrix mixture into free (gas phase) matrix and analyte molecules and molecular ions. In general, only molecular ions of the analyte molecules are produced, and almost no fragmentation occurs. This makes the method well suited for molecular weight determinations and mixture analysis.
Amino Acid Transport Systems
Automobile Driver Examination
ATP-Binding Cassette Transporters
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
An element in the alkali group of metals with an atomic symbol K, atomic number 19, and atomic weight 39.10. It is the chief cation in the intracellular fluid of muscle and other cells. Potassium ion is a strong electrolyte that plays a significant role in the regulation of fluid volume and maintenance of the WATER-ELECTROLYTE BALANCE.
Permanent roads having a line of rails fixed to ties and laid to gage, usually on a leveled or graded ballasted roadbed and providing a track for freight cars, passenger cars, and other rolling stock. Cars are designed to be drawn by locomotives or sometimes propelled by self-contained motors. (From Webster's 3d) The concept includes the organizational and administrative aspects of railroads as well.
Active Transport, Cell Nucleus
Amino Acid Transport Systems, Basic
Amino Acid Transport Systems, Neutral
Organic Cation Transport Proteins
A system of cisternae in the CYTOPLASM of many cells. In places the endoplasmic reticulum is continuous with the plasma membrane (CELL MEMBRANE) or outer membrane of the nuclear envelope. If the outer surfaces of the endoplasmic reticulum membranes are coated with ribosomes, the endoplasmic reticulum is said to be rough-surfaced (ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM, ROUGH); otherwise it is said to be smooth-surfaced (ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM, SMOOTH). (King & Stansfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Glucose Transport Proteins, Facilitative
Cell Membrane Permeability
Membrane Transport Modulators
Geographic Information Systems
Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
Organic Anion Transporters
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
Nucleoside Transport Proteins
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid
Abbreviated Injury Scale
Classification system for assessing impact injury severity developed and published by the American Association for Automotive Medicine. It is the system of choice for coding single injuries and is the foundation for methods assessing multiple injuries or for assessing cumulative effects of more than one injury. These include Maximum AIS (MAIS), Injury Severity Score (ISS), and Probability of Death Score (PODS).
A pyrazine compound inhibiting SODIUM reabsorption through SODIUM CHANNELS in renal EPITHELIAL CELLS. This inhibition creates a negative potential in the luminal membranes of principal cells, located in the distal convoluted tubule and collecting duct. Negative potential reduces secretion of potassium and hydrogen ions. Amiloride is used in conjunction with DIURETICS to spare POTASSIUM loss. (From Gilman et al., Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 9th ed, p705)
A 51-amino acid pancreatic hormone that plays a major role in the regulation of glucose metabolism, directly by suppressing endogenous glucose production (GLYCOGENOLYSIS; GLUCONEOGENESIS) and indirectly by suppressing GLUCAGON secretion and LIPOLYSIS. Native insulin is a globular protein comprised of a zinc-coordinated hexamer. Each insulin monomer containing two chains, A (21 residues) and B (30 residues), linked by two disulfide bonds. Insulin is used as a drug to control insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (DIABETES MELLITUS, TYPE 1).
Endosomal Sorting Complexes Required for Transport
A set of protein subcomplexes involved in PROTEIN SORTING of UBIQUITINATED PROTEINS into intraluminal vesicles of MULTIVESICULAR BODIES and in membrane scission during formation of intraluminal vesicles, during the final step of CYTOKINESIS, and during the budding of enveloped viruses. The ESCRT machinery is comprised of the protein products of Class E vacuolar protein sorting genes.
Fatty Acid Transport Proteins
An enzyme that catalyzes the active transport system of sodium and potassium ions across the cell wall. Sodium and potassium ions are closely coupled with membrane ATPase which undergoes phosphorylation and dephosphorylation, thereby providing energy for transport of these ions against concentration gradients.
Multidrug Resistance-Associated Proteins
A sequence-related subfamily of ATP-BINDING CASSETTE TRANSPORTERS that actively transport organic substrates. Although considered organic anion transporters, a subset of proteins in this family have also been shown to convey drug resistance to neutral organic drugs. Their cellular function may have clinical significance for CHEMOTHERAPY in that they transport a variety of ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS. Overexpression of proteins in this class by NEOPLASMS is considered a possible mechanism in the development of multidrug resistance (DRUG RESISTANCE, MULTIPLE). Although similar in function to P-GLYCOPROTEINS, the proteins in this class share little sequence homology to the p-glycoprotein family of proteins.
Recombinant Fusion Proteins
Protein Structure, Tertiary
The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.
Semiautonomous, self-reproducing organelles that occur in the cytoplasm of all cells of most, but not all, eukaryotes. Each mitochondrion is surrounded by a double limiting membrane. The inner membrane is highly invaginated, and its projections are called cristae. Mitochondria are the sites of the reactions of oxidative phosphorylation, which result in the formation of ATP. They contain distinctive RIBOSOMES, transfer RNAs (RNA, TRANSFER); AMINO ACYL T RNA SYNTHETASES; and elongation and termination factors. Mitochondria depend upon genes within the nucleus of the cells in which they reside for many essential messenger RNAs (RNA, MESSENGER). Mitochondria are believed to have arisen from aerobic bacteria that established a symbiotic relationship with primitive protoeukaryotes. (King & Stansfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Glucose Transporter Type 1
The voltage differences across a membrane. For cellular membranes they are computed by subtracting the voltage measured outside the membrane from the voltage measured inside the membrane. They result from differences of inside versus outside concentration of potassium, sodium, chloride, and other ions across cells' or ORGANELLES membranes. For excitable cells, the resting membrane potentials range between -30 and -100 millivolts. Physical, chemical, or electrical stimuli can make a membrane potential more negative (hyperpolarization), or less negative (depolarization).
Rats, Inbred Strains
Electrophoresis, Polyacrylamide Gel
Amino Acid Transport System X-AG
A 170-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein from the superfamily of ATP-BINDING CASSETTE TRANSPORTERS. It serves as an ATP-dependent efflux pump for a variety of chemicals, including many ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS. Overexpression of this glycoprotein is associated with multidrug resistance (see DRUG RESISTANCE, MULTIPLE).
Saccharomyces cerevisiae Proteins
A cyclododecadepsipeptide ionophore antibiotic produced by Streptomyces fulvissimus and related to the enniatins. It is composed of 3 moles each of L-valine, D-alpha-hydroxyisovaleric acid, D-valine, and L-lactic acid linked alternately to form a 36-membered ring. (From Merck Index, 11th ed) Valinomycin is a potassium selective ionophore and is commonly used as a tool in biochemical studies.
Microscopy using an electron beam, instead of light, to visualize the sample, thereby allowing much greater magnification. The interactions of ELECTRONS with specimens are used to provide information about the fine structure of that specimen. In TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY the reactions of the electrons that are transmitted through the specimen are imaged. In SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY an electron beam falls at a non-normal angle on the specimen and the image is derived from the reactions occurring above the plane of the specimen.
rab GTP-Binding Proteins
Organic Anion Transport Protein 1
Kidney Tubules, Proximal
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
Carbonyl Cyanide m-Chlorophenyl Hydrazone
Within a eukaryotic cell, a membrane-limited body which contains chromosomes and one or more nucleoli (CELL NUCLEOLUS). The nuclear membrane consists of a double unit-type membrane which is perforated by a number of pores; the outermost membrane is continuous with the ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM. A cell may contain more than one nucleus. (From Singleton & Sainsbury, Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, 2d ed)
Nucleocytoplasmic Transport Proteins
Proteins involved in the process of transporting molecules in and out the cell nucleus. Included here are: NUCLEOPORINS, which are membrane proteins that form the NUCLEAR PORE COMPLEX; KARYOPHERINS, which carry molecules through the nuclear pore complex; and proteins that play a direct role in the transport of karyopherin complexes through the nuclear pore complex.
From bus station no.2 buses provide mass transport through Phitsanulok province. Connection to Bangkok and cities of northern ... Bypass road 126, northern ring road of Phitsanulok, starts at junction CP. Bypass road 126, southern ring road of Phitsanulok, ... There is Samo Khae health-promoting hospital in Ban Dong Pradok (Moo3). Major roads are: Highway 11, Phitsanulok-Uttaradit ...
"Chinese Road Transport Mass and Dimensions Regulations - An Analysis of the Challenges Ahead". road-transport-technology.org. ... "Road wear from heavy vehicles - an overview". NVF committee Vehicles and Transports. August 2008. Archived from the original ( ... Off-road trucks include standard, extra heavy-duty highway-legal trucks, typically outfitted with off-road features such as a ... Commercial trucks in the US pay higher road use taxes on a state level than other road vehicles and are subject to extensive ...
Jia-Qing Ma, China Satellite Navigation Office. "APPLICATIONS-Transport". en.beidou.gov.cn. Retrieved 23 June 2020. Howell, ... "A digital Silk Road". Archived from the original on 4 December 2017. Retrieved 3 December 2017. Update on the BeiDou Satellite ... "Directions 2017: BeiDou's road to global service". GPS World. 6 December 2016. Archived from the original on 27 May 2017. ... "APPLICATIONS-Transport". en.beidou.gov.cn. Archived from the original on 23 October 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2018. "European ...
Manila Light Rail Transit System
1990). "Rail mass transit in developing cities - the Transport and Road Research Laboratory study". In Institution of Civil ... 1992). Appropriate Mass Transit in Developing Cities. Paper presented at the 6th World Conference on Transport Research, Lyon, ... Many passengers who ride the system also take various forms of road-based public transport, such as buses and jeepneys, to and ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Allport, R. J. (1986). Appropriate mass transit for developing cities. Transport ...
Rolleston, New Zealand
"Major government investment needed to get mass rapid transport for Canterbury off the ground". Stuff. 13 November 2020. ... "Citybound lane from Main South Road opening this weekend". createsend.com. Retrieved 30 September 2020. "Southbound lanes ... The New Zealand Transport Agency expects the business case should be ready in 2021. State Highway 1 passes through Rolleston on ... "Plans for nearly 1000 new Rolleston homes opposed over transport and land use worries". Stuff. 20 November 2020. Retrieved 4 ...
98% of the city roads are paved, mass transport is well organized. T-Busz provides local bus services and KNYKK provides the ... By virtue of its location, the city is a railway and road junction. The M1 (also European routes E60, E75) motorway from Vienna ...
Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez
In Murillo street Transmetro, the mass transport line is an alternative access at Joaquín Barrios Polo station. "¿Cuántas ... both avenues have enough availability of transport. At this point, is widening the carriageway of the road from the Avenue ... Estadio Metropolitano is located in the south of the city, heading for Transport Terminal and the municipality of Soledad, near ...
Calton Hill, New Zealand
Mass public transport was being replaced by mass private transport; garages were retrofitted on older houses to store cars and ... and an arbitrary eastern border of Corstorphine Road, Sidey Street, Cole Street and South Road (where it terminates near the ... Originally Riselaw Road School was a hub for the community. Now, the local primary school has been amalgamated and renamed as ... Riselaw Road School was established in 1953 along with a community hall, play centre, and other facilities for children and ...
The Kochi metro project is the first metro in the country which connects rail, road and water transport facilities. The first ... KMRL says parking facilities will prevent traffic congestion and integrate personal transport system with mass rapid transit ... Thus, the Kochi metro project became the first metro in the country which connects rail, road and water transport facilities. ... Other projects include construction of a new RoB connecting Mullassery Canal Road and Salim Rajan Road, and the widening of the ...
Public transportation includes bus but many of the more rural sums are not on the mass transport lines. Much travel is done via ... The capital, Mandalgovi, is connected to Ulaanbaatar by a 300 km (190 mi) paved road completed in 2013. Many locals own 250 cc ... There is no commercial air transport to the Dundgobi province. ...
History of cycling infrastructure
"Roads Were Not Built For Cars , Ministry of Transport started one so why doesn't Britain have a Dutch-style bike path network ... Burkhard Horn (translated by Shane Foran) (9 March 1991). "The decline of a means of mass transport to the history of urban ... Cyclists campaigned to improve the existing, often poorly surfaced, roads and tracks. A US group was the Good Roads Movement, ... the most vulnerable of road users - leading to the mass Stop de Kindermoord ('Stop the Child Murder') protest. Local and ...
Commission Against Corruption (Macau)
... releases an investigation and analysis report on complaints regarding the Granting of Public Service of Road Mass Transport. ... releases an investigation and analysis report on complaints regarding the Granting of Public Service of Road Mass Transport". ... As one of the results of the report, lawmakers in Macau suggested Secretary for Transport and Public Works, Lau Si Io, to ...
Central station (MTR)
... main roads and ground transport facilities nearby. Pedder Street Concourse A : Connaught Road Central, Central Pier B: World- ... Central station was included in the Hong Kong Mass Transport Study, a system proposed in September 1967. Together with Western ... Freeman, Fox (1967). Hong Kong Mass Transport Study. Wilbur Smith & Associates. "(map)". Hong Kong Airport Core Programme. ... They serve the Tsuen Wan line and were built directly under Chater Road, extending from Des Voeux Road Central to Club Street. ...
History of the British canal system
During the 1950s and 1960s freight transport on the canals declined rapidly in the face of mass road transport. Coal was still ... One horse-drawn canal barge could carry about thirty tonnes at a time, faster than road transport and at half the cost. Some 29 ... The canals allowed raw materials to be transported to a place of manufacture, and finished goods to be transported to consumers ... Under the Transport Act of 1962, the canals were transferred in 1963 to the British Waterways Board (BWB), which later became ...
Sheung Wan station
The station was originally proposed under the name Western Market in the 1967 Hong Kong Mass Transport Study. It was finally ... Des Voeux Road Central Concourse A1: Des Voeux Road Central A2: Wing Lok Street B: Des Voeux Road Central (Western Market) C: ... The platforms are built under Des Voeux Road Central from Cleverly Street to Rumsey Street. Although platforms 1 and 2 are ... Connaught Road Central D: Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Terminal Rumsey Street Concourse E1/E2: Rumsey Street E3/E4/E5 : Infinitus ...
Project delivery method
BOOT has been used in projects like highways, roads mass transit, railway transport and power generation. In a BOO project ... In the United States, Zane's Post Road in Ohio and the IRT in New York City were both originally developed under more ... Finnish Road Enterprise. p. 120. ISBN 978-952-5408-05-8. The European Court of Auditors (2018), "Special Report: Public-Private ... This model is extensively used in specific infrastructure projects such as toll roads. The private construction company is ...
BOOT has been used in projects like highways, roads mass transit, railway transport and power generation. Build-own-operate ( ... Strauch, L. (2009), 'Public Private Partnership in European Road Infrastructure: PPP as Investment Asset Following the M6 Road ... Finnish Road Enterprise. p. 120. ISBN 978-952-5408-05-8. The European Court of Auditors (2018), "Special Report: Public-Private ... Many P3s in the United States have been toll road concessions. Transportation projects have accounted for 1/5 of all P3 ...
Australian road transport has a reputation for using very large trucks and road trains. This is reflected in the most popular ... "Vehicle Dimensions and Mass Guide" (PDF). NZ Transport Agency. "Vehicle dimensions and mass (VDAM) changes". "Overdimension ... Although the Department for Transport advised that the Eco-Link was not permissible on public roads, Denby Transport gave the ... On 1 December 2009 Denby Transport were preparing to drive the Eco-Link on public roads, but this was cut short because the ...
The alternative, heavy investment in public mass transport systems such as railways, is ignored because it clashes with the ... The resulting chaos is used as an excuse to press ahead with the road-building scheme. The novel is a satire of Prime Minister ... The author argues that this is a highly misguided policy since, in his view, more roads have historically tended to simply ... The government is aware of the problem and plans a major new road-building program to relieve the pressure. ...
List of Korea-related topics List of ammonium nitrate disasters Transport in North Korea "Mass Casualties Feared in N. Korea ... It accounts for about 90% of freight transportation; a lack of fuel forces most vehicles off roads. The ...
... 's main public transportation system is operated by the Lahore Transport Company (LTC) and Punjab Mass Transit Authority ... Lahore-Raiwind Road (Raiwind Road) Lahore-Sharaqpur Road (Sagianwala Bypass Road) Lahore-Wagah Road Grand Trunk Road (G.T Road ... Municipal roads Canal Road (serves as the major north-south artery) Provincial highways Lahore Ring Road Lahore-Kasur Road ( ... Along the way it will connect places like Brandreth Road, Railway Station, Allama Iqbal Road, Dharampura and Ghazi Road. Ride ...
While traveling down a country road, he ends up walking behind God and Saint Peter, who are visiting the world of humans ... Immediately after kissing an icon of the saint, he finds himself transported to the gate of Heaven. He repeatedly bangs on it, ... 11-12/2005 (in Romanian) Roxana Lupu, "Ion Sapdaru: 'Corneliu Porumboiu m-a ajutat enorm' ", in Adevărul, November 28, 2009 (in ... Back on the road, Ivan states his new purpose, that of finding out where God dwells, and invokes the help of Saint Nicholas. ...
Tripunithura railway station
Ernakulam Junction Ernakulam Town Seaport-Airport Road Transport in Kochi Aluva railway station Cochin Harbour Terminus "Mass ...
Registered in 2019 under the "Motor Car Act": Registered in 2019 under the "Land Transport Act": Buses provide the mass ... There are five major roads in the province. Highway 11 to the North: Phitsanulok - Uttaradit - Lampang. Highway 12 to the East ... They are all connected by Phitsanulok outer ring road 126 with viaducts. East-West Economic Corridor (EWEC) is a transportation ... Phitsanulok Provincial Statistical Report 2561-2018: Statistics of Domestic Air Transport:2014-2018. Phitsanulok Provincial ...
Constructions of roads build the road map for development and road is the only means of mass transport for the entire NE of ... The total road network of about 377 thousand km of NE contributes about 9.94 per cent of the total roads in the country. Road ... for the development/improvement of more than 10,000 km roads in the NE states. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways ( ... rail transport is mainly confined to Assam and water transport is almost non-existent. India's road network has benefited ...
Greater London Plan
This led to areas of mass congestion and an increase in transport related accidents. Abercrombie sought to improve traffic ... A series of main arterial and ring roads would also allow road users to avoid the most congested sections of the network. Rail ... Rings Around London - Orbital Motorways and The Battle For Homes Before Roads. ISBN 978-1-85414-421-8 Carter, E.J. & Goldfinger ... Dwellings, industry and recreational spaces are all linked by transport within London. Ensuring adequate levels of efficient ...
His more recent transport activities oppose the claim that road congestion reduction is obtained from improving urban mass ... while his opponents argue that his positions are based more on a belief that road transport and low density are inherently ... "Mass Chaos on Mass Transit" - via www.washingtonpost.com. Cox, Wendell (October 18, 2013). "Wendell Cox: Florida Sheds Its ' ... Cox's transport site "The Public Purpose" claims it is not opposed to urban rail, but many of Cox's opponents strongly disagree ...
A good transport is connected between Palladam and Pollachi through Palladam-Pollachi Main Road. The key public mass transport ... L&T bypass Road. There is no Rail or Air transport to the town. The nearest Railway Station is at Tirupur, about 16 km away ... Udumalaipet(NH 209) to palladam (NH 67) to avinashi(NH 47) to puliyampatti (NH 209) Road is also a major state highway ... The chickens raised here are transported to nearby states and these companies have also set up similar contract farming in ...
... this could be compared with countries such as the USA where road transport was allowed to gain a critical mass. The railways ... The former Transport Minister, Herbert Morrison claimed that using: "the weapon of taxation of road transport as a means of ... "Road And Rail". The Times. 17 April 1933. Sir J. Stamp (31 January 1933). "Road And Rail - A Defence Of The Salter Report". The ... The road duties introduced in 1933-4 remain as a key part of vehicle duties today. The centralised funding of roads supported a ...
Arya Samaj in Singapore
Syed Alvi Road, Singapore. Coordinates. 28°22′N 77°08′E / 28.36°N 77.13°E / 28.36; 77.13Coordinates: 28°22′N 77°08′E / ... The Singapore Arya Vedic Library (Hindi: सिंगापुर आर्य वैदिक पुस्तकालय) is located at Arya Samaj Bhawan at Syed Alwi Road. It ... The Arya Bhawan Singapore (Hindi: आर्य भवन सिंगापुर) building at Syed Alwi Road is used as a community hall for weddings and ... In 1927, Arya Samaj was established in Singapore in a shophouse in Rowell Road. ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
In that year, the USTS Nantucket (ex-USS Ranger) was transferred from the Massachusetts Maritime Academy to Kings Point and ... 300 Steamboat Road. Kings Point. , New York. , United States. 40°48′43.89″N 73°45′48.42″W / 40.8121917°N 73.7634500°W / ... Transport portal. *Vice Admiral Emory S. Land, USN. Instrumental in overseeing founding of Academy ...
Metropolitan State Hospital (Massachusetts)
It also reflected the advent of roads rather than railroads as major transport arteries, as it was not located near any ... Off Trapelo Rd., Belmont, Lexington, and Waltham, Massachusetts. Coordinates. 42°24′20″N 71°12′49″W / 42.40556°N 71.21361°W ... Historic districts in Middlesex County, Massachusetts. *National Register of Historic Places in Middlesex County, Massachusetts ... Massachusetts. Founded in 1927, it was at one time the largest and most modern facility of its type in Massachusetts. It was ...
These mass killings, coupled with malnutrition and poor medical care, killed between 1.5 and 2 million people, approximately a ... Private motor transport was requisitioned. Cooperative stores selling goods like medicines, cloth, and kerosene were ... Checkpoints were erected along the roads out of the city where Khmer Rouge cadres searched marchers and removed many of their ... In late July, Pol Pot and the three Khmer Rouge commanders who remained loyal to him were brought before a mass meeting near ...
Choi JH, Croyle MA (December 2013). "Emerging targets and novel approaches to Ebola virus prophylaxis and treatment". BioDrugs ... "West Africa - Ebola virus disease Update: Travel and transport". International travel and health. World Health Organization ( ... No-one was permitted to enter or leave the area, and roads, waterways, and airfields were placed under martial law. Schools, ... Olivero J, Fa JE, Real R, Márquez AL, Farfán MA, Vargas JM, et al. (30 October 2017). "Recent loss of closed forests is ...
The Sony TR-63, released in 1957, was the first mass-produced transistor radio, leading to the mass-market penetration of ... "13 Sextillion & Counting: The Long & Winding Road to the Most Frequently Manufactured Human Artifact in History". Computer ... in which a two-dimensional electron gas with very high carrier mobility is used for charge transport, are especially suitable ... The values given in the table are typical for a current of 1 mA (the same values apply to semiconductor diodes). The lower the ...
Unisex public toilet
a b Massachusetts (State). Legislature. General Court. 1887 Chap. 0183. An Act to Secure Proper Sanitary Provisions in ... Family toilet interior at Hong Kong Tuen Mun Castle Peak Road, Hanford Garden Plaza. The smaller toilet is for children. ... Unisex toilets are often used in many public transport systems, such as rail vehicles or airplanes. ... the Massachusetts statute was definitely not the first law mandating sex-separation in Massachusetts. ...
Unlike the earlier road, the Minoan road was completely paved. ... The ancient Romans also had a complex system of aqueducts, which were used to transport water across long distances. ... Early humans evolved from a species of foraging hominids which were already bipedal, with a brain mass approximately one ... The rise in technology has led to skyscrapers and broad urban areas whose inhabitants rely on motors to transport them and ...
Hyannis, Massachusetts: American Meteorological Society.. *^ Howard, Brian Clark (May 11, 2015). "How Tornadoes Form and Why ... Markowski, Straka, and Rasmussen (2003). "Tornadogenesis Resulting from the Transport of Circulation by a Downdraft: Idealized ... meteorologists advise that drivers park their vehicles far to the side of the road (so as not to block emergency traffic), and ... Hyannis, MA: American Meteorological Society.. *^ Antony H Perez; Louis J. Wicker & Richard E. Orville (1997). "Characteristics ...
Current mass extinction". In Elewa, Ashraf M. T. (ed.). Mass Extinction. pp. 191-194. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-75916-4_14. ISBN ... Megafauna play a significant role in the lateral transport of mineral nutrients in an ecosystem, tending to translocate them ... deforestation and road building.. ... It was the last large land mass to be colonised by humans. The ... Winchester, MA: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 978-0-04-551068-9. .. *^ Davis, M. B. (1976). "Pleistocene biogeography of temperate ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. ISBN 978-0-674-04467-8.. *. Wavell, Archibald Percival (1973). Moon, Penderel, ed. ... River transport was integral to many facets of Bengal's economic system, and was nearly irreplaceable in the production and ... Indian refugees flee Burma along the Prome Road from Rangoon to Mandalay and eventually on to India, January 1942 ... Mass migration and family dissolutionEdit. The famine fell hardest on the rural poor. As the distress continued, families ...
Wat Phra Dhammakaya
... transport and sandbags to local villagers, other affected temples and temples that also offered shelter. ... Massachusetts): Harvard University Press, ISBN 0-674-01287-9. ... Silk Road transmission of Buddhism. *Persecution of Buddhists. ...
They come in a variety of forms, from road and track racing models to off-road types modelled after mountain bikes. While ... In Adelaide, Australia, all public transport has provision for at least two wheelchairs per bus, tram or train. In addition all ... Everest and Jennings saw the business potential of the invention and went on to become the first mass-market manufacturers of ... The chair has been engineered to be low-cost and usable on the rough roads common in developing countries. ...
... greater ratios of brain to body mass may increase the amount of brain mass available for more complex cognitive tasks. ... Gigi II was another grey whale calf that was captured in the Ojo de Liebre Lagoon, and was transported to SeaWorld. The ... "The whale road: Transitioning from spiritual links, to whaling, to whale watching in Aotearoa New Zealand". Australian ... Mass strandings have been triggered by sonar activity, resulting in injury or death. ...
GABAA receptor positive allosteric modulator
Harrison NL, Simmonds MA (Dec 1984). "Modulation of the GABA receptor complex by a steroid anaesthetic". Brain Research. 323 (2 ... See also: Receptor/signaling modulators • GABA receptor modulators • GABA metabolism/transport modulators ... Majewska MD, Harrison NL, Schwartz RD, Barker JL, Paul SM (May 1986). "Steroid hormone metabolites are barbiturate-like ... Covey DF, Han M, Kumar AS, de La Cruz MA, Meadows ES, Hu Y, Tonnies A, Nathan D, Coleman M, Benz A, Evers AS, Zorumski CF, ...
Royal Albert Hall
Transport linksEdit. Public transport access London Buses Royal Albert Hall 9, 10, 52, 360, 452 ... University of Massachusetts Press. pp. 210-212. ISBN 1-55849-505-3. Retrieved 17 June 2011.. ... Although the exterior of the building was largely unchanged, the south steps leading down to Prince Consort Road were ... The Hall from Prince Consort Road, showing the South Steps leading up to Door 12 ...
Two ways marine organisms are transported to new environments are hull fouling and ballast water transport. In fact, Molnar et ... Sunderland, Massachusetts: Sinauer Associates. ISBN 978-0-87893-811-7. .. *^ Invasive Species: Animals - Brown Tree Snake, ... Invasive species often exploit disturbances to an ecosystem (wildfires, roads, foot trails) to colonize an area. Large ... Organisms stow away on transport vehicles. The arrival of invasive propagules to a new site is a function of the site's ...
South West England
Within the region the local transport authorities carry out transport planning through the use of a Local Transport Plan (LTP) ... The road from Dorchester ran through Yeovil to meet the Fosse Way at Ilchester. Salt was produced on the Somerset Levels near ... John Penny MA; The Luftwaffe over the Bristol area 1940-44 Archived 11 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 14 July 2008 ... TransportEdit. The region lies on several main line railways. The Great Western Main Line runs from London Paddington to ...
2017 London Bridge attack
Mass murder in 2017. *Mass murder in London. *Mass stabbings. *Road incidents in London ... A British Transport Police officer was stabbed and suffered serious injuries to his head, face and neck. An off-duty ... "British Transport Police. 4 June 2017. Archived from the original on 4 June 2017. Retrieved 4 June 2017.. ... He underwent surgery at St Thomas' Hospital and was taken off the critical list on 4 June. A British Transport Police ...
Mennink-Kersten MA, Ruegebrink D, Verweij PE (2008). "Pseudomonas aeruginosa as a cause of 1,3-β-D-glucan assay reactivity". ... Hong, F; Yan J; Baran JT; Allendorf DJ; Hansen RD; Ostroff GR; Xing PX; Cheung NK; Ross GD (15 July 2004). "Mechanism by which ... M cells within the Peyer's patches physically transport the insoluble whole glucan particles into the gut-associated lymphoid ... Mennink-Kersten MA, Warris A, Verweij PE (2006). "1,3-β-D-Glucan in patients receiving intravenous amoxicillin-clavulanic acid ...
... did not become a mass drink there until the 1950s when the India Tea Board, faced with a surplus of low-grade tea, launched ... Compressed tea (such as Pu-erh) is produced for convenience in transport, storage, and ageing. It can usually be stored longer ... which is where the Khyber Pass of the Silk Road is found. In central and southern Punjab and the metropolitan Sindh region of ... "Earliest tea as evidence for one branch of the Silk Road across the Tibetan Plateau". Nature. doi:10.1038/srep18955. Retrieved ...
transmembrane transport. • calcium ion transport. • regulation of ventricular cardiac muscle cell action potential. • embryonic ... Ferreira MA, O'Donovan MC, Meng YA, Jones IR, Ruderfer DM, Jones L, et al. (Sep 2008). "Collaborative genome-wide association ... Zühlke RD, Bouron A, Soldatov NM, Reuter H (May 1998). "Ca2+ channel sensitivity towards the blocker isradipine is affected by ... regulation of ion transmembrane transport. • ion transport. • calcium-mediated signaling using extracellular calcium source. • ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
Gold, Stephanie (1998), Israel Guide, Open Road Publishing. .. *. Milstein, Uri; et al. (1998), Out of Crisis Came Decision, ... April 2 - The Ocean Vigour, a British freighter used to transport captured illegal immigrants to Cyprus, was damaged in a bomb ... In December 1942, when the mass murder of European Jewry became known to the Allies, the British continued to refuse to change ... The attack on road bridge at Nahal Kziv failed and developed into a firefight, with 14 Palmach fighters killed. The attack on ...
These are essentially the remains of folded sedimentary rocks that were deposited between 1,000 Ma and 670 Ma over the gneiss ... The map is a result of a combination of the lines of roads and of the coasting expeditions during the first century of Roman ... which date from at least 2,700 Ma (Ma = million years ago). South of the gneisses are a complex mixture of rocks forming the ... 400, London William Heinemann LTD, Cambridge, Massachusetts University Press MCMLV *^ Book I.4.2-4, Book II.3.5, Book III.2.11 ...
... of the total road transport fuel in the UK or 1,440 million litres. By 2020, 10% of the energy used in UK road and rail ... Ethanol has a smaller energy density than that of gasoline; this means it takes more fuel (volume and mass) to produce the same ... of the energy needed in road and rail transport, while advanced biofuels could meet up to 4.3% of the UK's renewable transport ... of the world's fuels for road transport. Global ethanol fuel production reached 86 billion liters (23 billion gallons US) in ...
A song was released to mark the 20th anniversary, entitled "Fields of Anfield Road" which peaked at No. 14 in the UK charts.[ ... Three chartered trains transported Liverpool supporters to Sheffield for a match fixture[b] in 1988, but only one such train ... At Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, a requiem mass attended by 3,000 people was held by the Catholic Archbishop of Liverpool, ... A headstone at the junction of Middlewood Road, Leppings Lane and Wadsley Lane, near the ground and by the Sheffield Supertram ...
Battle of Milne Bay
To support the airbase and the garrison, a platoon was diverted to working on the docks and roads. Although the channels in ... in concert with the transports, Nankai Maru and Kinai Maru, and the submarine chasers CH-22 and CH-24. ... in Massachusetts. ... By June 1944, there was over 100 miles (160 km) of road in the ... They were impressed by the flat areas, the roads and the jetties, all of which would ease airbase construction. On receipt of a ...
Films produced in and around the city include Ray, Runaway Jury, The Pelican Brief, Glory Road, All the King's Men, Déjà Vu, ... It was the largest mass lynching in U.S. history. In July 1900 the city was swept by white mobs rioting after Robert ... During the American Revolutionary War, New Orleans was an important port for smuggling aid to the rebels, and transporting ... Roads. See also: List of streets of New Orleans. New Orleans is served by Interstate 10, Interstate 610 and Interstate 510. I- ...
Its other local names are The Molly Stark Trail, Marlboro Road, Western Avenue, Main Street, and Putney Road. It meets I-91 at ... To defend the Massachusetts Bay Colony against Chief Gray Lock and others during Dummer's War, the Massachusetts General Court ... The Windham County Sheriff's Department provides prisoner transport and serves civil documents across Brattleboro and the rest ... The road then runs north with Main Street into Putney Road then to the traffic circle at Interstate 91's Exit 3 (connected to ...
Mass production of ripened pu'er began in 1975. It can be consumed without further aging, or it can be stored further to "air ... Forbes, Andrew; Henley, David (2011). "Six Great Tea Mountains". China's Ancient Tea Horse Road. Chiang Mai: Cognoscenti Books ... tuocha cakes may have had holes punched through the center so they could be tied together on a rope for easy transport. ... Zhang, Liang; Li, Ning; Ma, Zhizhong; Tu, Pengfei (2011-08-24). "Comparison of the chemical constituents of aged pu-erh tea, ...
Biden Says High-Speed Rail Will Get Millions of Cars Off the Road. That's Malarkey. - Reason.com
Well developed mass transport helps the auto driver very much.. Key to a good rail system is making it accessible and pleasant. ... Cars on a road go past my front door. Trains on a track do not. Therefore I still need my car on the road to get to the train! ... Do private roads work? No.. Only GOVERNMENT roads repay their costs - through tax. ... 92 responses to "Biden Says High-Speed Rail Will Get Millions of Cars Off the Road. Thats Malarkey." * Longtobefree. ...
A COMPLEX DIETARY SUPPLEMENT AUGMENTS SPATIAL LEARNING, BRAIN MASS, AND MITOCHONDRIAL ELECTRON TRANSPORT CHAIN ACTIVITY IN...
... and Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain Activity in Aging Mice http://www.chiro.org/nutrition/ABSTRACTS/A_Complex_Dietary_ ... Gallagher M, Burwell RD. Relationship of age-related decline across several behavioral domains. Neurobiol Aging. 1989;10:691 ... Body mass of females was 13% less than body mass of males (p < 0.00001). However, no difference in body mass was observed ... Thus, variation in mass-specific brain weights between treatments does not reflect differences in body mass. On average, mass- ...
Manila Light Rail Transit System - Wikipedia
... the Transport and Road Research Laboratory study". In Institution of Civil Engineers (ed.). Rail Mass Transit Systems for ... 1992). Appropriate Mass Transit in Developing Cities. Paper presented at the 6th World Conference on Transport Research, Lyon, ... Many passengers who ride the system also take various forms of road-based public transport, such as buses and jeepneys, to and ... Allport, R. J. (1986). Appropriate mass transit for developing cities. Transport Reviews: A Transnational Transdisciplinary ...
Perun 1979 - Wikisource, the free online library
Two limits are imposed on the mass transported by the Shuttle - the launch capability (up to 29 500 kg) and the reentry limit ( ... ONeill, G.K. (1978), The Low (Profile) Road to Space Manufacturing. Astronautics and Aeron. , March 78, No,3 P-24 ... ONeill, G.K. and Kolm, H.H. (1977). Mass Driver for Lunar Transport and as a Reaction Engine. IAF paper No. 7 ... The decreased launch mass capability would present a very serious problem with MSS allowing only a limited mass of equipment to ...
Nigeria: Reforming 'Electoral Reform' - Eurasia Review
... mass road construction as a subset of a larger integrated transport system; mass, poor peasant oriented but mechanized ... This will mean that such parties will campaign for mass public work programme to build new schools and renovate existing ones ... This can also help in crystallizing a conscious mass of workers and youths movements needed to raise the banner of ... This will be linked with other programmes like public water programmes, mass public, cheap, decent and environment friendly ...
Top 10 Best Chelmsford MA Real Estate Services | Angie's List
MA Real Estate Services near you to help pick the right pro Real Estate Service. ... Worcester, MA * American Junk Removal 134 spectacle pond rd. Littleton * AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Discount Rates 417 ... Central Mass Appraisals, Inc. 2 Washington Street. Leominster, MA * Central NH Paranormal Society 49 harvell st. Manchester, NH ... Harvey Building Products Southborough MA Warehouse 1 Willow Street. Southborough, MA * HASHEM CONSTRUCTION 133 MAIN ST. North ...
Purification of Hydrogen-Methane Mixtures Using PSA Technology | Springer for Research & Development
Wall Mass Transport and Other Mechanisms Underlying Atherogenesis | Springer for Research & Development
When Will the Automotive Internet Arrive? - Slashdot
Mass transit doesnt work because there are no "masses" to transport. In the old USSR there were buses going to and from ... You have a road. You can safely put a car along the road every 2 seconds. What is the capacity of the road? 1800 cars per hour. ... Mass transit tends to mostly benefit mass transit riders at the expense of non-riders. Mass transit riders dont even come ... Right, because city roads arent funded out of general funds. Oh wait, they are. The illusion that roads are paid for by gas ...
IJGI | Free Full-Text | Characterization of Black Spot Zones for Vulnerable Road Users in São Paulo (Brazil) and Rome (Italy) ...
Due to the spatial nature of the data used in transport-related studies, geospatial technologies provide a powerful analytical ... Although current trends in sustainable transport aim to encourage and stimulate non-motorized modes of transportation that are ... to understand the dynamics of VRU road accidents in São Paulo and Rome and to detect factors (variables) that contribute to the ... few to no safety policies have been implemented regarding vulnerable road users (VRU), mainly in large urban centers. ...
House passes Duterte's tax reform package on final reading | Inquirer News
Emilio Pucci Vintage Shoulder Bag
Litchfield County Transport: (CT, NY, MA and parts of NJ) (860) 567-4661 or email: [email protected] Plycon ... 50 Tannery Rd Unit 8, Somerville, NJ 08876. 1 (800) 959-4383 [email protected] Bush Dependable Delivery: (East Coast). 787 ... Litchfield County Transport: (CT, NY, MA and parts of NJ) (860) 567-4661 or email: [email protected] Plycon ... Litchfield County Transport: (CT, NY, MA and parts of NJ) (860) 567-4661 or email: [email protected] Plycon ...
R. C. Gorman, (Am. 1932-2005), Abstract Lithograph
Litchfield County Transport: (CT, NY, MA and parts of NJ) (860) 567-4661 or email: [email protected] Plycon ... 50 Tannery Rd Unit 8, Somerville, NJ 08876. 1 (800) 959-4383 [email protected] Bush Dependable Delivery: (East Coast). 787 ... Litchfield County Transport: (CT, NY, MA and parts of NJ) (860) 567-4661 or email: [email protected] Plycon ... Litchfield County Transport: (CT, NY, MA and parts of NJ) (860) 567-4661 or email: [email protected] Plycon ...
Inter-state relations and state capacity: the rise and fall of Chinese foreign direct investment in the Philippines |...
Though multiple roads, ports, and provincial airports were built during Aquino, the mass transport system and major types of ... In 2008, North Rail met a similar fate shortly after drawn out court hearings and mass mobilizations. Near the end of her term ... Kaplan RD (2014) Asias cauldron: The South China Sea and the end of a stable pacific. Random House ... The United States Clothing Imports from Asian Countries along the Belt and Road: An Extended Gravity Trade Model with ...
Mount Washington State Forest | MA | Trail Conference
... and MA meet.Noted for spectacular scenery and breathtaking views. ... entering Massachusetts (where the road becomes Falls Road). In ... Avoid introducing or transporting non-native species.. *Do not build structures, furniture, or dig trenches. ... In about one mile, continue ahead on East Street, a gravel road. When you again reach a paved road, make the next right into ... Mount Washington State Forest, sitting atop the Taconic Plateau in the corner where NY, CT, and MA meet, is noted for its ...
Research Labs | Lyle Mechanical Engineering Department - SMU
We also perform numerical simulations of mass momentum and energy transport in micro and nano-scales, using continuum based and ... The R-D work on welding, hybrid welding, cladding, rapid manufacturing, surface modification, and sensing and control has been ... Experimental quantification and evaluation of unsteady fluid flow processes including vortex formation, unsteady flow transport ...
Eight national goals for the coming decade (2) - Vanguard News Nigeria
We need nothing less than a mass transport revolution in our cities. All major towns and cities must have state-of-art tram ... As a starting-point, there should be zero-tolerance for all pot holes on our roads and highways. This will save many lives. ... Other critical infrastructures such as ports, harbours, roads and railways are vital to securing a more prosperous future for ... We must therefore commit to expanding and modernising our rural roads, highways, ports and harbours, and airports. ...
Regional Trade and Emission Gas in Asian Automobile Industry
Estimation of road traffic volume is one of the most important elements for determining fuel consumption and emission gas ... but there has been a distinct shift toward passenger cars due to the lack of mass transport. In Asian countries, inspection and ... Estimation of road traffic volume is one of the most important elements for determining fuel consumption and emission gas ... Environmental regulations and standards Fuel consumption Public transportation systems Emissions Nitrogen oxides Gases Roads ...
Search - SAE International
... but there has been a distinct shift toward passenger cars due to the lack of mass transport. In Asian countries, inspection and ... Estimation of road traffic volume is one of the most important elements for determining fuel consumption and emission gas ... The model can predict the quantity of fuel mass adhered on the cylinder wall. The adhered fuel enters oil sump through the ... Sulfated ash content of test oils were varied as 0.96, 1.31, and 1.70 mass%, respectively. During the running test, the exhaust ...
Program Guide: Fudan University
Transport security is a concern in China, and using mass transit when traveling alone is inadvisable. ... With only 4% of the worlds vehicles, China has 15% of the total global road fatalities. Injuries in road crashes are the ... For more information, access ASIRT, Association for Safe International Road Travel, Road Travel Report-China. ... It has one of the highest road fatality rates in the world and the rate is increasing rapidly. Traffic is often chaotic, and ...
Scott Oliva v. Mass. Turnpike Authority...
... ticket transport and/or handwritten data; preparing reports on all unusual occurrences, truck permits and special toll ... distributing tickets and/or collecting tickets and/or money for vehicles using the Authoritys road and tunnel systems; ... 2018 Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Mass.Gov® is a registered service mark of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. ... Malden Retirement Board v. CRAB, 1 Mass. App. Ct. 420, 298 N.E.2d 902 (1973).. Disability is the inability to perform the ...
Spio-Enhanced MR Lymphography | SpringerLink
Jennings MA, Marchesi VT, Florey H (1962). The transport of particles across the wall of small blood vessels. Proc Roy Soc 156 ... Moore RD, Mumaw VR, Schoenberg MD (1960). The transport and distribution of colloidal iron and its relation to the ... Garlick DG, Renkin EM (1970). Transport of large molecules from plasma to interstitial fluid and lymph in dogs. Am J Physiol ... Cox PH (1981). The kinetics of macromolecule transport in lymph and colloid accumulation in lymph nodes. In Progress in ...
Mass Spectrometry Training Courses United States - Service | Bruker
40 Manning Road, Manning Park Billerica, MA 01821 USA. +1 (978)-663-3660 ... Hotel & Transport. Bruker Daltonics Inc.. 61 Daggett Drive, San Jose, CA 95134. 978-663-3660 ext. 4355 ... Mass Spectrometry and Separations. MALDI-TOF/TOF. MALDI Biotyper Systems. ESI-QqTOF. ESI-ITMS. ESI-Triple Quad-MS. UHPLC and ... Mass Spectrometry. LabScape - Magnetic Resonance & Preclinical Imaging. IR,NIR & Raman. XRD and Elemental Analysis. HH-XRF & HH ...
Biofuel cars - consigned to history or good used car purchase?
Yet another dead end in our search for a zero-impact private transport solution.. But perhaps we were too hasty. A recent vote ... A recent study shows that these biofuels could potentially displace 13 per cent of road fuel consumption in the EU in 2020, and ... But there is a real issue over the mass commercialisation of these advanced technologies. This industry needs a clear policy ... "EU biofuels laws aim at reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from transport fuels to help fight climate change. But when we ...
International Guidelines on Safe Load Securing for Road Transport | Rope | Structural Load
International Guidelines on Safe Load Securing for Road Transport - Free download as PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read ... 1. Correct description of the goods including at least a. the mass of each load unit b. the mass of the load c. position of the ... Quality assurance Forces acting on the load during transport • Road transport • Rail transport • Sea transport Basic principles ... International Guidelines on Safe Load Securing for Road Transport. Uploaded by International Road Transport Union (IRU) ...
Somersworth driver seriously injured in Rollinsford crash Monday | New Hampshire
A Somersworth man was sent to a Boston hospital after being ejected from his vehicle following an accident along Roberts Road ... He was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass.. Police Chief Robert Ducharme said in an e-mail ... Roberts Road was closed from 2:15 to 7:15 a.m., according to police, who continue to investigate the accident.. "Since there ... Massachusetts man pleads guilty to killing pedestrian in Lincoln. Snowmobile association hoping plentiful snow keeps riders on ...
Powering transport: Green means go | New Scientist
... is there a career to be made in green energy for transport? ... Road transport is ahead of the game, having received some of ... All these obstacles stand between fuel-cell cars and the mass market. So is it a career dead end for young scientists? ... Now, though, our world and its transport systems are being shaped by the threat from climate change. In the UK, transport alone ... What will transport look like in 50 years?. "Planes might skim the oceans surface and fly from harbour to harbour, like the ...
Dating sites usage by body mass France 2015 | Statista
Vehicles & Road Traffic * Water Transport Learn more about how Statista can support your business. ... Share of people who have registered with a dating website at some point in their life in France in 2015, by body mass index. ... Share of people who have registered with a dating website at some point in their life in France in 2015, by body mass index. ... Subscription rate of dating websites in France 2015, by body mass. ...
Enhanced Sensitivity of Striatal Neurons to Axonal Transport Defects Induced by Mutant Huntingtin | Journal of Neuroscience
Burke MA, *Kordower JH, *Penn RD, *Miller JA. (1994) Intrastriatal infusions of brain-derived neurotrophic factor: retrograde ... Disruption of transport could cause mislocalization of mitochondria, leading to apoptosis. Alternatively, defective transport ... In contrast, mutant huntingtin affects axonal transport of APP and retrograde transport of BDNF in primary striatal neurons ( ... 2006) The genetics of axonal transport and axonal transport disorders. PLoS Genet 2:e124. ...
Greenmantle/Chapter 16 - Wikisource, the free online library
It was one mass of troops and transport-the neck of the bottle, for more arrived every hour, and the only outlet was the single ... In all the road before and behind there was no man to be seen except the troops by the stream. The owners, whoever they were, ... Now we were out on the open road, moving to the sound of the guns. At the worst, we should not perish like rats in a sewer. We ... I began to get anxious about the car, for it was a poor one at the best, and the road was guaranteed sooner or later to knock ...
Infrastructure2020PassengersWILLIAMSTOWN2017Multi-modal transportAccidentsAuthority'sGeneral HospitalTurnpikeBusesRailwaysTransit systemMechanismHospitalPublicGovernment'sProcessesFuelsSystemTransportationMovementParticleLogisticsRail transportProteinsPollutionIntersectionsHighwaysHong KongSystemsIndiaAmericaEnzymePassive transportPassenger transportFirefightersDeptBridgesShiftSustainableEmissionsEmergencyCoalOperatorsMainRegionsJourneysTrafficAdventViableDemandsFastMICEMeansAheadClimateTrucksStateNetworkProvideTypesVehiclesMedical CenterTelecommunicationsTravelEnergyForcesConstruct
- The nature of road transportation of goods depends on, apart from the degree of development of the local infrastructure, on the distance the goods are transported by road, the weight and volume of an individual shipment, and the type of goods transported. (wikipedia.org)
- Infrastructure allocation would be prioritized to address congestion through mass transport and new road network, the bill said. (inquirer.net)
- Building out the necessary infrastructure - such as mass road transportation to solve Manila's well-documented congestion issues - is a significant challenge. (shell.com)
- They can be also associated with manmade hazards like construction roads, buildings, structures, infrastructure facilities. (un-spider.org)
- This paper provides a comprehensive state-of-the-art update on hydrogen and fuel cells across transport, heat, industry, electricity generation and storage, spanning the technologies, economics, infrastructure requirements and government policies. (rsc.org)
- United in anger at the state Coalition government's private tollway frenzy, privatisation of public transport and developer scams parading as infrastructure plans, they called on the government to fix NSW roads and public transport. (greenleft.org.au)
- One obvious benefit of creating synthetic hydrocarbons would be the ability for it to be used in the millions of existing vehicles on the road, and dispensed at the existing filling-station infrastructure already in place throughout the world. (e-catworld.com)
- A recent study shows that these biofuels could potentially displace 13 per cent of road fuel consumption in the EU in 2020, and 16 per cent in 2030. (motorcheck.ie)
- This shift has been helped by the white paper's focus on green transport, and boosted by its prediction that an estimated 1.2 million extra green energy jobs will be created by 2020. (newscientist.com)
- Germany will miss its target of one million electric cars on its roads by 2020 without more incentives, the country's coordinator on electric transport policy warned on Wednesday. (phys.org)
- companies, while passengers may be transported via mass transit. (wikipedia.org)
- Many passengers who ride the system also take various forms of road-based public transport, such as buses and jeepneys , to and from a station to reach their intended destination. (wikipedia.org)
- Ticketing as a Service (TaaS) estimates the genuine fare and enables passengers to travel across multi-modal transport systems effectively. (yahoo.com)
- A snowmobile is a motor sledge on tracks which has seats for not more than two passengers in addition to the driver and the unladen mass of which does not exceed 500 kg. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- Motorcycle fuel efficiency benefits from the relatively small mass of the vehicle, compared to its passengers and to other motor vehicles, and subsequent small engine displacement. (blogspot.com)
- WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - The Police Department is investigating a vandalism incident at East Lawn Cemetery, Lt. Michael Ziemba said on Monday evening. (iberkshires.com)
- WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - No injuries were reported Thursday in a fire that destroyed a barn at 150 Torrey Woods Road. (iberkshires.com)
- WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - Two pedestrians were transported to Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield after a collision with a motorcycle on Wednesday afternoon, police said. (iberkshires.com)
- This statistic displays the consumption value of Italian cosmetic products in mass markets in Italy between 2014 and 2017. (statista.com)
- According to the data in 2017, the consumption value of Italian cosmetic products in mass markets accounted for 4,160 million euros, an increase of over 100 million euros in comparison with the previous years. (statista.com)
- retail and dining experiences and two hotels, linked to the shore by a multi-modal transport system ensuring easy access to the island. (2getthere.eu)
- The expansion comes as part of Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority's masterplan to provide an integrated mass transit system comprising the metro, tram, buses and marine transport. (arabnews.com)
- He was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass. (unionleader.com)
- Jen Regan strokes the head of her fiancée, Marc Fucarile, as he sleeps in his hospital bed at Massachusetts General Hospital. (hppr.org)
- Fucarile spent 45 days in Massachusetts General Hospital , and he hopes someday to get back to work with a roofing company. (hppr.org)
- The first scheme that had trustees who were not justices was established through a Turnpike Act in 1707, for a section of the London-Chester road between Foothill and Stony Stafford. (wikipedia.org)
- The quality of early turnpike roads was varied. (wikipedia.org)
- British turnpike builders began to realize the importance of selecting clean stones for surfacing while excluding vegetable material and clay, resulting in more durable roads. (wikipedia.org)
- Scott Oliva v. Mass. Turnpike Authority. (mass.gov)
- Scott Oliva filed a timely appeal under G. L. c. 32, s. 16 (4) of the May 30, 2007 decision of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority Employees' Retirement Board ('Board') denying his request for accidental disability retirement benefits. (mass.gov)
- 1. Scott Oliva, d.o.b. 12/27/1968, worked for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority from November 22, 1988 to January 10, 2006. (mass.gov)
- The northern part of Kampoosa Bog is cut by the Massachusetts Turnpike. (smith.edu)
- Each year, many hundreds of tons of road salt (NaCl) are used to maintain safe driving conditions on the turnpike. (smith.edu)
- Conditioning variables that we will consider are well site distance from the turnpike, time of year (seasonal changes in road salt use), and water sample depth (surface water vs. three wells of varying depths). (smith.edu)
- On 13 April 2006, MMT received 150 Yaxing buses from the Ministry of Roads and Transport (MRT) to augment the MMT fleet. (wikipedia.org)
- The mission of MMT is to provide an efficient urban mass transport system in Ghana through the use of buses. (wikipedia.org)
- Road-base public transport includes franchised buses, 16-seat mini-buses and taxis. (asce.org)
- With trains and trams and trucks and buses and ships and planes and roads and airports and stations and other things wot making going happen, we'll serve the needs of growing cities and the people who live there. (rockpapershotgun.com)
- Other critical infrastructures such as ports, harbours, roads and railways are vital to securing a more prosperous future for our people. (vanguardngr.com)
- In Brazil, for example, development is constrained by narrow roads, a lack of railways in the new agricultural frontiers, and bottlenecked ports, all of which are unable to meet the transport needs of a newly wealthy consumer mass. (mckinsey.com)
- Furthermore, a weak mass transit system has spawned the use of these alternate means of transport. (blogspot.com)
- If not, ah, fingers crossed for one of those multi-million-pound "golden parachutes" that executives seem to get after ruining a perfectly good mass transit system. (rockpapershotgun.com)
- Cadmium is a hazardous heavy metal existing ubiquitously in the environment, but the mechanism of cadmium transport into mammalian cells has been poorly understood. (aspetjournals.org)
- Although detrimental effects of cadmium have been well documented, the mechanism of cadmium transport, especially in mammalian cells, remains poorly understood. (aspetjournals.org)
- ROLLINSFORD - A Somersworth man was sent to a Boston hospital after being ejected from his vehicle following an accident along Roberts Road early Monday morning. (unionleader.com)
- As a result, ambulance crews from South Berwick, Maine transported him to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover. (unionleader.com)
- Portsmouth Detective Lt. Michael Arnold did not know the hospital the man was transported to nor his condition as of Monday. (newportri.com)
- The victim was transported to the hospital where he was put on life support. (cdc.gov)
- A police officer carried Fucarile, his skin still smoldering, to a van typically used to transport prisoners and raced to the hospital. (hppr.org)
- We studied the association between urban background levels of the total number concentration of particles (NC tot , 6-700 nm in diameter) measured at a single site (15 May 2001 to 31 December 2004) and hospital admissions due to cardiovascular (CVD) and respiratory disease (RD) in the elderly (age ⩾65 years), and due to asthma in children (age 5-18 years). (bmj.com)
- The adverse health effects of particulate matter on CVD and RD hospital admissions in the elderly were mainly mediated by PM 10 and accumulation mode particles with lack of effects for NC 100 . (bmj.com)
- In order to study the differences in the sensitivity of various types of detection during the diagnosis of different pathological types of breast mass by ultrasound breast imaging reporting and data system classification, 3000 patients with breast disease treated in a hospital were selected for research in this study. (ijpsonline.com)
- The Metro Mass Transit Limited is a public transportation company in Ghana. (wikipedia.org)
- The OSA contributed a lot to the Ghanaian society in terms of public transport. (wikipedia.org)
- President Kufuor directed the re-introduction of public mass transport in the metropolitan and municipal areas to ensure the safe, affordable, efficient and reliable transport of commuters. (wikipedia.org)
- Since then, the government has been actively promoting public mass transportation. (wikipedia.org)
- To build a dominant, reliable, efficient, safe and affordable yet an economically sustainable mass transit public bus company in Ghana. (wikipedia.org)
- The original Line 1 was built as a no-frills means of public transport and lacks some features and comforts, but the newer Line 2 has been built with additional standards and criteria in mind like barrier-free access. (wikipedia.org)
- Safe systems of work that result in properly stowed, contained and restrained loads will prevent harm to workers in the workplace, road users and members of the public on the road. (scribd.com)
- Roads have been blocked and public transport disrupted. (taiwannews.com.tw)
- Dry port development can be carried out by port authorities, port terminal operators and transport providers such as third-party logistics providers or rail operators or by public bodies: local, national or regional. (scirp.org)
- Rising urban populations need advanced public transport solutions. (shell.com)
- With the relaxation of lockdown restrictions and resumption of businesses, the public transport riders began the operations for people from essential industries like the food supply chain and healthcare. (yahoo.com)
- Massachusetts Secretary of Health and Human Services, Marylou Sudders, held a public meeting earlier this week to receive feedback on the proposal of the Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) to overhaul the Massachusetts Medicaid program, known as MassHealth . (mondaq.com)
- City's health solid waste management development ensures cleanliness on roads, gutters & at the public places etc. (slideserve.com)
- a) Light goods road vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of not more than 3 500 kg, designed exclusively or primarily, to carry goods, e.g. vans and pick-ups b) Heavy goods road vehicles with a gross vehicle weight above 3 500 kg, designed, exclusively or primarily, to carry goods c) Road tractors d) Agricultural tractors permitted to use roads open to public traffic. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- Public transport has currently reached far beyond city limits, particularly in Amsterdam. (asce.org)
- As such, the public transport in and around Amsterdam operated at three levels. (asce.org)
- The market share of public transport depends highly on the travel time ratio to private transport. (asce.org)
- The public transport travel time includes among other elements waiting times at stops. (asce.org)
- These include the usage of Mass Transportation systems like Public Transport to make sure that number of cars on roads is reduced as much as possible, and hence reduce Sulphur dioxide emissions. (pakobserver.net)
- All transport methods will be affected by the government's target, with the Royal Society saying that "radical" changes in how we travel and the way we fuel our vehicles will be needed. (newscientist.com)
- The initiative stems from the government's resolve to decongest Bahrain's roads and pre-empt mounting traffic challenges, Cabinet Affairs Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Ateyatala Al Khalifa said. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Experimental quantification and evaluation of unsteady fluid flow processes including vortex formation, unsteady flow transport through porous interfaces, and the performance of pulsed-jet micropropulsion. (smu.edu)
- Mass movements are processes of erosion, transport and accumulation of material that occur on both gentle and steep slopes mainly owing to gravitational forces ( IRDR Glossary ). (un-spider.org)
- EU biofuels laws aim at reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from transport fuels to help fight climate change. (motorcheck.ie)
- It added that reducing the prohibitive GST rate of 28 per cent on conversion kits and offering certain subsidy support for conversion kits can go a long way in inducing a mass shift to clean transport fuels. (yahoo.com)
- Metro Mass Transit (MMT) arose from an idea from President John Kufuor who spoke of the need of introducing a mass transit bus system in the cities of Ghana at his inauguration speech on 7 January 2001. (wikipedia.org)
- Sushil Jiwarajka, former chairman of FICCI's western region told Business Standard ''Given the acute shortage of land for expanding mass transport system, the idea of coastal road seems to be the most viable option. (business-standard.com)
- The innovative new transport system will have a capacity of 5,000 people per hour per direction, with the automated vehicle connection between Bluewaters and the metro set to become the largest of its kind in the world and is considered an example of the future of autonomous transport solutions. (2getthere.eu)
- The awarded automatic transport system fits Dubai's objective to have 25% of all trips completed by automated systems by 2035. (2getthere.eu)
- However, the reduced uptake of manganese was observed only at low concentrations, suggesting that a high-affinity component of the Mn 2+ transport system was suppressed in Cd-rB5 cells. (aspetjournals.org)
- These results suggest that a high-affinity Mn 2+ transport system is used for mammalian cellular cadmium uptake, and that the suppression of this pathway caused a marked decrease in cadmium accumulation in cadmium-resistant metallothionein-null cells. (aspetjournals.org)
- A road vehicle which has two or more wheels and generally is propelled solely by the muscular energy of the persons on that vehicle, in particular by means of a pedal system, lever or handle (e.g. bicycles, tricycles, quadricycles and invalid carriages). (tilastokeskus.fi)
- This paper is a comprehensive review of the potential role that hydrogen could play in the provision of electricity, heat, industry, transport and energy storage in a low-carbon energy system, and an assessment of the status of hydrogen in being able to fulfil that potential. (rsc.org)
- It is one of the chief modes of transport in Nigeria and, by far, the most common form of informal transport system in that country. (blogspot.com)
- The Philippines wants to replace millions of petrol-powered tricycles with electric ones as part of efforts to clean up the nation's polluting mass transport system, President Benigno Aquino said Friday. (phys.org)
- Road transport or road transportation is a type of transport by using roads. (wikipedia.org)
- Transport on roads can be roughly grouped into the transportation of goods and transportation of people. (wikipedia.org)
- Perhaps because-as we've seen with California's efforts in this area-high-speed rail is more of a jobs program than a realistic plan to make mass transportation greener. (reason.com)
- Considering the substantial number of short-distance trips, the time consumed in traffic jams, the higher costs for parking vehicles and restrictions in central business districts, many commuters have found that non-motorized modes of transportation serve as viable and economical transport alternatives. (mdpi.com)
- Although current trends in sustainable transport aim to encourage and stimulate non-motorized modes of transportation that are socially more efficient than motorized transportation, few to no safety policies have been implemented regarding vulnerable road users (VRU), mainly in large urban centers. (mdpi.com)
- A multi-modal mobility approach is required for transportation in the Philippines where rapid population growth and urbanisation places increasing demands on road, marine, air and rail transport systems. (shell.com)
- Amidst the continuing reduction in the prices of fuel, several transport groups in Cebu are willing to reduce the fare if ordered by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board. (philstar.com)
- Lawmakers in New Jersey can't decide on what to do about their state's bone-dry transportation fund, and residents are equally divided on how to pay for future road projects. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- The shutdown of non-essential projects means pothole repair and road resurfacing won't go ahead until new state-level transportation funds are found. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- The world is fast moving to mass rapid transport to decongest roads and ensure faster, more comfortable and safer transportation, said the head of BSE. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Litchfield County Transport: (CT, NY, MA and parts of NJ) (860) 567-4661 or email: [email protected] Plycon Transportation : (Domestic) (212) 353-0360 or Fax: (212) 353-0838. (liveauctioneers.com)
- In times of limited funding, roads and mass transit are sometimes seen as competing interests, but in Denver the two are united in a massive effort to reinvent an aging and congested transportation. (asce.org)
- The growth of manufacturing was accelerated by the rapid expansion of rail, barge, ship, and road transportation . (britannica.com)
- Movement along roads may be by bike or automobile, truck, or by animal such as horse or oxen. (wikipedia.org)
- With the advent of the Roman Empire, there was a need for armies to be able to travel quickly from one region to another, and the roads that existed were often muddy, which greatly delayed the movement of large masses of troops. (wikipedia.org)
- The company was set up to provide reliable and affordable means of transport for commuters within villages, towns, and cities as well as provide intercity movement. (wikipedia.org)
- The facility was closed in 1992 during a deinstitutionalization movement when most state mental hospitals in Massachusetts shut down and patients were placed in smaller group settings. (wikipedia.org)
- Mass movements can be defined as as any type of downslope movement of earth materials, such as sediment, soil and rock material. (un-spider.org)
- Transport is the controlled movement of substances from one part of a cell to another, or from one side of a cell membrane to the other. (encyclopedia.com)
- The BC particle number emission is approximately (10.9 ± 2.1) × 10 25 per year with an average emission index of (6.06 ± 1.18) × 10 14 per kg of burned fuel, which is about 1.3% of the total ground anthropogenic emissions, and 3.6% of the road transport emission. (nature.com)
- Recently, ICAO has dedicated strong efforts to restricting particle mass and number emissions from aircraft engines and developing related regulations. (nature.com)
- Our results suggest that particle volume/mass from long-range transported air pollution is relevant for CVD and RD admissions in the elderly, and possibly particle numbers from traffic sources for paediatric asthma. (bmj.com)
- Daniela Muñoz is the Médecins Sans Frontières logistics coordinator for the mass meningitis vaccination campaign in both Nigeria and Niger. (msf.org.au)
- We used amyloid precursor protein (APP)-yellow fluorescent protein and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)-mCherry fusion proteins as markers for fast axonal transport when huntingtin is altered. (jneurosci.org)
- In axons, macromolecules synthesized in the cell body are transported to synapses by motor proteins, such as kinesin and dynein ( Goldstein and Yang, 2000 ), which move needed materials along microtubules. (jneurosci.org)
- Mumbaikars can now expect a pollution free ride along the western coast as the Maharashtra government has submitted its proposal to the Centre to construct 35 km coastal road between Nariman Point and Kandivli in the western suburb. (business-standard.com)
- This ￼relationship is strongest at shallower well depths and at sites closest to the road likely due to their proximity to the pollution source. (smith.edu)
- Various classes of road exist, from two-lane local roads with at-grade intersections to controlled-access highways with all cross traffic grade-separated. (wikipedia.org)
- We must therefore commit to expanding and modernising our rural roads, highways, ports and harbours, and airports. (vanguardngr.com)
- Hong Kong has an extensive network of roads in the New Territories, in Kowloon, and on Hong Kong Island. (asce.org)
- Now, though, our world and its transport systems are being shaped by the threat from climate change. (newscientist.com)
- Or maybe how mass transit systems were set up and function to transport more than 8 million people in New York City every day? (rockefeller.edu)
- Civil Engineering links every part of our world, it can give you a roadmap to understanding our built environment, consisting of buildings, bridges, roads, subway systems, sewer and water tunnels, among other things. (rockefeller.edu)
- Linköping University, Department of Science and Technology, Communications and Transport Systems. (diva-portal.org)
- Within these constraints, Cu + chaperones route Cu + to various intracellular targets, and Cu + transmembrane transport systems maintain the total copper quota within the 10-100 μM range ( 1 ⇓ ⇓ - 4 ). (pnas.org)
- India citizenship bill ignites mass protest o. (taiwannews.com.tw)
- Transport Fever 2 have three campaigns set across Europe, America, and Asia, with appropriate local vehicles modelled for each. (rockpapershotgun.com)
- As in other P-type ATPases, metal binding to transmembrane metal-binding sites (TM-MBS) in Cu + -ATPases is required for enzyme phosphorylation and subsequent transport. (pnas.org)
- Four-wheel vehicle (L7e) is a power-driven four-wheeled vehicle with unladen mass of no more than 400 kg when used for passenger transport or no more than 550 kg when used for goods transport, in both cases disregarding the mass of batteries of an electrically-drive vehicle, and maximum engine power output of no more than 15 kW. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- London Regional Transport, more generally known as London Transport (LT), has a statutory duty in the United Kingdom to provide passenger transport - mainly bus and underground railway service - within Greater London. (encyclopedia.com)
- Briggs said the propane company that services the tanks was en route to help firefighters safely remove them from the site. (iberkshires.com)
- Posted by samzenpus on Thursday October 29, 2015 @08:14AM from the taking-different-roads dept. (slashdot.org)
- As states developed and became richer, especially with the Renaissance, new roads and bridges began to be built, often based on Roman designs. (wikipedia.org)
- The level of passenger car ownership is still low, but there has been a distinct shift toward passenger cars due to the lack of mass transport. (sae.org)
- When transport stakeholders implement load securing good practices from the outset, this will induce sustainable improvements in international operations and road safety standards. (scribd.com)
- The Health and Safety Authority are conﬁdent that the guidelines will inﬂuence a sustainable reduction in the numbers of people killed or injured as a result of load related incidents in the workplace and on the road and prevent unnecessary disruption to transport activities. (scribd.com)
- In the UK, transport alone accounts for around a quarter of greenhouse-gas emissions, so the big question is how we can make it green. (newscientist.com)
- With slashing emissions by 80 per cent by 2050 now an official target, the focus of transport research has shifted from miles per hour to miles per gallon, says Roger Kemp, professor of engineering at Lancaster University. (newscientist.com)
- B y imposing a state of emergency, Beijing could carry out mass arrests, censorship, deportations and transport shutdowns without reference to existing law. (telegraph.co.uk)
- A peasant rights organization has also organized an 'economic blockcade,' which they say will not allow locally produced oil, petroleum products, coal, forest products and limestone to be transported from Assam. (taiwannews.com.tw)
- Rules on safe cargo securing today vary from one country to another, making it difficult for road transport operators to know the minimum requirements for international journeys. (scribd.com)
- Bedrock geology describes the main mass of solid rocks forming the earth's crust. (bgs.ac.uk)
- Portsmouth police went to an East Main Road residence for the reported overdose of a 25-year-old Portsmouth man. (newportri.com)
- Describe the main features of the flow around a road vehicle, and provide an overview of how the aerodynamic forces arise. (imperial.ac.uk)
- The main problem in the city was the decreasing share of mass transit trips by rail. (asce.org)
- This forces us to transport the cargos to the bases in Yobe along main roads, which are in good condition and do not present security problems. (msf.org.au)
- Mass movements occur based on several factors and causes differ depending on different regions. (un-spider.org)
- Poorly restrained loads can greatly increase the risk of vehicles instability and rollover and loss of load on road journeys. (scribd.com)
- Interconnectivity of the various air, land and sea mobility options, increased road building and a broader range of mass transport solutions - including extending light rail in more cities - will ultimately bring easier and quicker journeys. (shell.com)
- Estimation of road traffic volume is one of the most important elements for determining fuel consumption and emission gas levels. (sae.org)
- According to  , if an inland terminal has a direct connection to a seaport either through a road or rail, the terminal has a high capacity traffic mode (rail) and if the terminal offers similar facilities to those available at a seaport, then it can be regarded as a dry port. (scirp.org)
- Introduction Beautification of City - Case Studies Road Side Amenities Traffic Management Traffic Control Devices Parking Management Conclusion References. (slideserve.com)
- Lagos, where traffic congestions (and inevitably, delays) represent an ever-present threat to businessmen, government workers, students of various schools and colleges, okadas come into play, with their smaller design they are able to weave through traffic, and literally rescue countless helpless customers from the organized chaos on Nigerian roads. (blogspot.com)
- The algorithms are not necessarily reflecting the conditions on the road, which might lead to low traffic efficiency. (diva-portal.org)
- Our hypothesis is that by use of a simple and efficient control algorithm that is better in reflecting the conditions on the road, both traffic efficiency and traffic safety could be increased. (diva-portal.org)
- It also reflected the advent of roads rather than railroads as major transport arteries, as it was not located near any railroad lines. (wikipedia.org)
- Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan admitted that the sea link project was not financially viable and therefore the six lane coastal road has been proposed. (business-standard.com)
- The Beijing authorities have tackled the inherited problems of access and mobility, and have aimed to cater for increased transport demands and higher expectations of level of service. (asce.org)
- In general productivity of the workforce in Ghana would increase, since MMT can offer fast and reliable transport from home to the workplace. (wikipedia.org)
- Loss or mutant forms of huntingtin were reported to disrupt fast axonal transport in Drosophila , squid, and mice. (jneurosci.org)
- These data suggest that a loss of wild-type huntingtin function in fast axonal transport plays important roles in the development of cell-type-specific defects in HD. (jneurosci.org)
- For experiments comparing the effect of endogenous mutant huntingtin on axonal transport, female heterozygous Hdh150Q mice were crossed with male heterozygous Hdh150Q mice to generate either wild-type Hdh or homozygous Hdh150Q littermates for primary neuron cultures. (jneurosci.org)
- No. 5,109,817 issued May, 5, 1992, it being an object of this invention to control ignition timing by means of mass changes in the combustible mixture, in order to gain a positive slope proportional to engine load. (google.com)
- Road transport is ahead of the game, having received some of the biggest investments for green projects. (newscientist.com)
- Mass movements are affected by the slope gradient, climate, rock type and structure, physical setting and geological and geomorphological outlines ( Advances in Geosciences ). (un-spider.org)
- Thirdly, a strengthened global resolve to mitigate climate change is coupled with increasing realisation that clean power alone is insufficient, due to the complexity of decarbonising heat and transport. (rsc.org)
- Okadas have adapted easily to the prevailing economic climate in a contemporary Nigerian society plagued by a dearth of taxi and bus services, hypercongestion, and the poor state of roads. (blogspot.com)
- Once the vaccines are flown into the capital of Nigeria, Abuja, they are then transported in refrigerated trucks to a cold room in the Ministry of Health, where distribution to the bases of the state of Yobe is organised. (msf.org.au)
- LH2 is safer to store than gaseous hydrogen and needs less tankage mass (indeed, LH2 is routinely transported by trucks on normal roads). (e-catworld.com)
- Mount Washington State Forest, sitting atop the Taconic Plateau in the corner where NY, CT, and MA meet, is noted for its spectacular scenery and breathtaking views. (nynjtc.org)
- Adjacent to the state forest is Bash Bish Falls , one of Massachusetts' most dramatic waterfalls where cascading water tumbles through a series of gorges, and then plummets some 60 feet into a pool below. (nynjtc.org)
- The project offers safe and smooth transport for Expo visitors and residents of Dubai communities," a statement carried by state-run WAM said. (arabnews.com)
- The government will soon appoint the state run Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) or the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) as the nodal agency for the project which will be implemented through a joint venture route. (business-standard.com)
- Chavan informed that he has submitted the coastal road project proposal to minister of state for environment and forests Prakash Jawadekar during latter's recent visit in the city. (business-standard.com)
- This can make it difficult to classify a single event as being one type of mass wasting or another (Department of Geological Sciences, California State University) . (un-spider.org)
- Every single last detail must be controlled when you organise mass vaccination campaigns such as the meningitis intervention that Médecins Sans Frontières is currently undertaking in the northern Nigerian state of Yobe. (msf.org.au)
- The Persians later built a network of Royal Roads across their empire. (wikipedia.org)
- From the 17th century, road transport throughout the Ashanti Empire was maintained via a network of well-kept roads that connected the Ashanti mainland with the Niger river and other trade cities. (wikipedia.org)
- As a transport tycoon from 1860 through to the present, we'll get to gradually build a vast network for fun and profit. (rockpapershotgun.com)
- Unexpected versus expected network disruption: Effects on travel behavior ," Transport Policy , Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 68-78. (repec.org)
- Due to the spatial nature of the data used in transport-related studies, geospatial technologies provide a powerful analytical method for studying VRU safety frameworks through the use of spatial analysis. (mdpi.com)
- Please be prepared to provide the measurements, value (for insurance), and the delivery address from 425 Bantam Road, Litchfield, CT 06759. (invaluable.com)
- We provide these courses at both in our Billerica, Massachusetts and San Jose, California locations. (bruker.com)
- In addition, loss of huntingtin disrupts APP axonal transport, whereas overexpression of wild-type, but not mutant, huntingtin enhances APP transport in all three types of neurons tested. (jneurosci.org)
- However, it is controversial whether mutant huntingtin affects axonal transport of all or only a subset of cargoes and whether mutant huntingtin affects axonal transport in all or only certain types of neurons. (jneurosci.org)
- The Managing Director (MD) of Metro Mass Transit is alleged to have been caught in a secret audio recording, where he tried to bribe or pay off the whistle blower on how he the MD has sold vehicles that could be repaired as spoiled vehicles. (wikipedia.org)
- The aim of these guidelines is to enable every stakeholder involved in international road transport operations anywhere in the world, to correctly load and secure goods on vehicles. (scribd.com)
- Vehicles carrying poorly restrained loads are a safety risk to their drivers, to road users and to people involved in unloading operations. (scribd.com)
- Analyse aerodynamic drag and relate to the features of both passenger and heavy road vehicles. (imperial.ac.uk)
- Total of the weight of the vehicle (or combination of vehicles) including its load when stationary and ready for the road declared permissible by the competent authority of the country of registration. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- With mass adoption of electric vehicles still a distant future, an absence of a near-term strategy to convert existing vehicles to cleaner alternatives is a crucial policy oversight,' it said in a statement. (yahoo.com)
- Electric vehicles are still in very early stages of adoption, and even the most optimistic projections suggest that a mass adoption is not likely to begin at least till another decade. (yahoo.com)
- The 35-year-old officer was transported by helicopter to Grant Medical Center where she died. (blogspot.com)
- Additional growth potential also exists in financial services, telecommunications and transport. (traveldocs.com)
- Also, water can play a significant role in mass wasting, sometimes acting as the key component to a mass-wasting event, or serving as a lubricant within a mass of sediment and rock, enabling it to travel faster and further than it would otherwise. (un-spider.org)
- Okadas are also able to navigate and travel roads where no car has gone before - especially true in villages, and urban slums. (blogspot.com)
- We also perform numerical simulations of mass momentum and energy transport in micro and nano-scales, using continuum based and atomistic methods. (smu.edu)
- To explore a number of applications of fluid dynamics to areas within and beyond aeronautics, in fields such as convective heat and mass transfer, wind energy, bio-fluid mechanics, and road vehicle aerodynamics. (imperial.ac.uk)
- Several thousand people from about 30 community groups and trade unions joined forces in the first mass Fix NSW Transport march and rally through Sydney on February 17. (greenleft.org.au)
- Construct appropriate models to describe transport and exchange process, including defining equations, boundary conditions and deriving solutions in simple cases. (imperial.ac.uk)