Rivers: Large natural streams of FRESH WATER formed by converging tributaries and which empty into a body of water (lake or ocean).Ross River virus: A species of ALPHAVIRUS associated with epidemic EXANTHEMA and polyarthritis in Australia.Fresh Water: Water containing no significant amounts of salts, such as water from RIVERS and LAKES.Water Movements: The flow of water in enviromental bodies of water such as rivers, oceans, water supplies, aquariums, etc. It includes currents, tides, and waves.Water Pollutants, Chemical: Chemical compounds which pollute the water of rivers, streams, lakes, the sea, reservoirs, or other bodies of water.Water Pollution: Contamination of bodies of water (such as LAKES; RIVERS; SEAS; and GROUNDWATER.)Environmental Monitoring: The monitoring of the level of toxins, chemical pollutants, microbial contaminants, or other harmful substances in the environment (soil, air, and water), workplace, or in the bodies of people and animals present in that environment.Fishes: A group of cold-blooded, aquatic vertebrates having gills, fins, a cartilaginous or bony endoskeleton, and elongated bodies covered with scales.Water Microbiology: The presence of bacteria, viruses, and fungi in water. This term is not restricted to pathogenic organisms.Seasons: Divisions of the year according to some regularly recurrent phenomena usually astronomical or climatic. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Water Quality: A rating of a body of water based on measurable physical, chemical, and biological characteristics.BrazilGeologic Sediments: A mass of organic or inorganic solid fragmented material, or the solid fragment itself, that comes from the weathering of rock and is carried by, suspended in, or dropped by air, water, or ice. It refers also to a mass that is accumulated by any other natural agent and that forms in layers on the earth's surface, such as sand, gravel, silt, mud, fill, or loess. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1689)Floods: Sudden onset water phenomena with different speed of occurrence. These include flash floods, seasonal river floods, and coastal floods, associated with CYCLONIC STORMS; TIDALWAVES; and storm surges.Population Density: Number of individuals in a population relative to space.Ecosystem: A functional system which includes the organisms of a natural community together with their environment. (McGraw Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Water Pollution, Chemical: Adverse effect upon bodies of water (LAKES; RIVERS; seas; groundwater etc.) caused by CHEMICAL WATER POLLUTANTS.Catfishes: Common name of the order Siluriformes. This order contains many families and over 2,000 species, including venomous species. Heteropneustes and Plotosus genera have dangerous stings and are aggressive. Most species are passive stingers.Geography: The science dealing with the earth and its life, especially the description of land, sea, and air and the distribution of plant and animal life, including humanity and human industries with reference to the mutual relations of these elements. (From Webster, 3d ed)Cyprinidae: A family of freshwater fish comprising the minnows or CARPS.Biodiversity: The variety of all native living organisms and their various forms and interrelationships.Trematode Infections: Infections caused by infestation with worms of the class Trematoda.Otters: Fish-eating carnivores of the family MUSTELIDAE, found on both hemispheres.Population Dynamics: The pattern of any process, or the interrelationship of phenomena, which affects growth or change within a population.Onchocerciasis, Ocular: Filarial infection of the eyes transmitted from person to person by bites of Onchocerca volvulus-infected black flies. The microfilariae of Onchocerca are thus deposited beneath the skin. They migrate through various tissues including the eye. Those persons infected have impaired vision and up to 20% are blind. The incidence of eye lesions has been reported to be as high as 30% in Central America and parts of Africa.Fish Diseases: Diseases of freshwater, marine, hatchery or aquarium fish. This term includes diseases of both teleosts (true fish) and elasmobranchs (sharks, rays and skates).Water Supply: Means or process of supplying water (as for a community) usually including reservoirs, tunnels, and pipelines and often the watershed from which the water is ultimately drawn. (Webster, 3d ed)Sewage: Refuse liquid or waste matter carried off by sewers.Salmon: Fish of the genera ONCORHYNCHUS and Salmo in the family SALMONIDAE. They are anadromous game fish, frequenting the coastal waters of both the North Atlantic and Pacific. They are known for their gameness as a sport fish and for the quality of their flesh as a table fish. (Webster, 3d ed).Simuliidae: Several species of the genus Simulium (family Simuliidae) that act as intermediate hosts (vectors) for the parasitic disease ONCHOCERCIASIS.Dolphins: Mammals of the families Delphinidae (ocean dolphins), Iniidae, Lipotidae, Pontoporiidae, and Platanistidae (all river dolphins). Among the most well-known species are the BOTTLE-NOSED DOLPHIN and the KILLER WHALE (a dolphin). The common name dolphin is applied to small cetaceans having a beaklike snout and a slender, streamlined body, whereas PORPOISES are small cetaceans with a blunt snout and rather stocky body. (From Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th ed, pp978-9)Fisheries: Places for cultivation and harvesting of fish, particularly in sea waters. (from McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Alphavirus Infections: Virus diseases caused by members of the ALPHAVIRUS genus of the family TOGAVIRIDAE.Phylogeny: The relationships of groups of organisms as reflected by their genetic makeup.Conservation of Natural Resources: The protection, preservation, restoration, and rational use of all resources in the total environment.Animal Migration: Periodic movements of animals in response to seasonal changes or reproductive instinct. Hormonal changes are the trigger in at least some animals. Most migrations are made for reasons of climatic change, feeding, or breeding.Phytoplankton: Free-floating minute organisms that are photosynthetic. The term is non-taxonomic and refers to a lifestyle (energy utilization and motility), rather than a particular type of organism. Most, but not all, are unicellular algae. Important groups include DIATOMS; DINOFLAGELLATES; CYANOBACTERIA; CHLOROPHYTA; HAPTOPHYTA; CRYPTOMONADS; and silicoflagellates.Invertebrates: Animals that have no spinal column.Soil: The unconsolidated mineral or organic matter on the surface of the earth that serves as a natural medium for the growth of land plants.Carbon: A nonmetallic element with atomic symbol C, atomic number 6, and atomic weight [12.0096; 12.0116]. It may occur as several different allotropes including DIAMOND; CHARCOAL; and GRAPHITE; and as SOOT from incompletely burned fuel.Vehicle Emissions: Gases, fumes, vapors, and odors escaping from the cylinders of a gasoline or diesel internal-combustion engine. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed & Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Particle Size: Relating to the size of solids.Organic Chemicals: A broad class of substances containing carbon and its derivatives. Many of these chemicals will frequently contain hydrogen with or without oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, and other elements. They exist in either carbon chain or carbon ring form.Off-Road Motor Vehicles: Motorized, recreational vehicles used on non-public roads. They include all-terrain vehicles, dirt-bikes, minibikes, motorbikes, trailbikes, and snowmobiles. Excludes MOTORCYCLES, which are considered public road vehicles.Nuts: Botanically, a type of single-seeded fruit in which the pericarp enclosing the seed is a hard woody shell. In common usage the term is used loosely for any hard, oil-rich kernel. Of those commonly eaten, only hazel, filbert, and chestnut are strictly nuts. Walnuts, pecans, almonds, and coconuts are really drupes. Brazil nuts, pistachios, macadamias, and cashews are really seeds with a hard shell derived from the testa rather than the pericarp.Governing Board: The group in which legal authority is vested for the control of health-related institutions and organizations.Flushing: A transient reddening of the face that may be due to fever, certain drugs, exertion, stress, or a disease process.Hot Flashes: A sudden, temporary sensation of heat predominantly experienced by some women during MENOPAUSE. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Benzothiadiazines: Heterocyclic compounds of a ring with SULFUR and two NITROGEN atoms fused to a BENZENE ring. Members inhibit SODIUM-POTASSIUM-CHLORIDE SYMPORTERS and are used as DIURETICS.Specialty Boards: Organizations which certify physicians and dentists as specialists in various fields of medical and dental practice.Phenoxyacetates
Row New York
Flushing Meadows-Corona Park and on the Harlem River at Manhattan's Peter Jay Sharp Boathouse. Row New York's stated mission is ... "Historic Flushing Meadows Boathouse Renovated". New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. "Flushing Meadows-Corona Park ... "Finding Themselves a River of Opportunity". Catalog for Giving of New York City. "Rowing and Growing" (PDF). National Institute ... Row New York's on-water home in Queens is the World's Fair Boathouse on Meadow Lake in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park. Built for ...
Willis Avenue (IRT elevated station)
Flushing, NY: H&M Productions. pp. 245-249. ISBN 1-882608-19-4. "Westchester Road to Open New Harlem River Station". New York ... 1886 by the Suburban Rapid Transit Company as a connecting spur to the Harlem River and Port Chester Railroad's Harlem River ... Harlem River Station continued to serve the New Haven Railroad and New York, Westchester and Boston Railway until 1930 when the ... Harlem River NYW&B Station (New York, Westchester, and Boston Railway Website) Willis Avenue Spur images (NYCSubway.org). ...
Henry III, Holy Roman Emperor
Henry personally led a river campaign against Count Dirk. Both count and Flushing fell to him. He gave the latter to Bernold, ... At Flushing, he was defeated by Dirk. The Hollanders sacked Charlemagne's palace at Nijmegen and burnt Verdun. Godfrey then ... Henry then moved to Lower Lorraine, where Gothelo II had just died and Dirk IV of Holland had seized Flushing. ... as the Hungarians sank his supply ships on the Danube river. Henry was unable to continue his campaign immediately, and in fact ...
Public Works Administration
"Upper Mississippi River Dam - Winona MN - Living New Deal". 26 March 2015. Retrieved 26 September 2017. "Rivers of Life: ... "LaGuardia Airport - Flushing NY - Living New Deal". 16 February 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2017. "Los Angeles International ... Bridge Bonneville Dam Fort Peck Dam Grand Coulee Dam in Washington state Pensacola Dam Tom Miller Dam Upper Mississippi River ...
The first plans to dig a railway tunnel under the East River, date back to the year 1885. On February 22, the East River Tunnel ... When Belmont modified the IRT Flushing Line to extend to Times Square and to Flushing, it was found that the loops could not be ... The line from Times Square to Flushing was completed in 1928, when the station at Flushing opened. Since the tunnel ramps ... IRT Corona/Flushing Line from nycsubway.org. Cudahy, Brian J. (1995). Under the Sidewalks of New York, the story of the ...
Timeline of Queens
1910 East River Tunnels open. Population: 284,041. 1911 - Queens Chamber of Commerce established. 1912 - Chapin Home for the ... "Movie Theaters in Flushing, New York". CinemaTreasures.org. Los Angeles: Cinema Treasures LLC. Retrieved January 30, 2016. " ... 1914 - Murray Hill Theatre opens in Flushing. 1915 - US Open tennis tournament relocates to Queens. 1916 - Queensboro Plaza ( ... Flushing, Glendale, Jamaica, Long Island City, Maspeth, Ridgewood, Rockaway, Whitestone, Woodhaven, Woodside, etc. other NYC ...
Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
At the time, Negro Bar was a large sand bar located on the south bank of the lower American River, in what is now the City of ... Flush toilets are available. A Group must contain at least 9 people. Gold was first discovered along the south bank of the ... People from all over the world came to the South Fork and North Fork of the American River to mine for gold. People were from ... Historically, the American River provided approximately 100 miles of stream in which salmon and steelhead could spawn and rear ...
The channels of the Fraser River are frequented by harbour seals throughout the year, and in the spring by California sea lions ... excavating the pool area to facilitate tidal flushing; and upgrading 250 metres of rock riprap along the foreshore to protect ... Bald eagles nest throughout the Fraser River estuary. Hawks. Concentrations of hawks are greatest during migratory waterfowl ... The Rose-Kirkland Island project included breaching Fraser River dikes to create an intertidal environment; raising the ...
In the United States she has had solo museum exhibitions at the Chrysler Museum, Norfolk, Virginia; the Hudson River Museum, ... Flushing, New York; and the Sculpture Center, New York, New York. Internationally she has exhibited at the Mondriaanhuis Museum ... Netherlands and the Hudson River Museum, Yonkers. Her numerous public commissions include sculpture for Sacred Heart University ...
List of law enforcement agencies in Ohio
"Flushing Police Department". usacops.com. Retrieved December 18, 2016. "Village of Frazeysburg - Muskingum County, Ohio, USA". ... "Village of Grand River - Home". grandriverohio.com. Retrieved December 18, 2016. Services, TTE3 Consulting. "Home - Greenwich ... Cleveland Metropolitan School District Five Rivers MetroParks Police - Dayton Ranger Division Geauga County Park District ... Police Department Dresden Police Department Edgerton Police Department Edon Police Department Edison Police Department Flushing ...
Horse Brook (Queens)
Peter Aitchison (rower)
High Stakes Poker
Klein held 10♠ 6♠ for a flush draw, and Galfond, holding Q♠ 10♥, had a straight on a board that read J♠ 9♥ 2♠ K♣. The river ... With such a large amount at stake, the players agreed to run the river (deal the river card) three times. The first river card ... The players agreed to run the river twice. Brunson was a 75% favorite with his better kicker and flush draw, and he won both ... Ivey again called with his flush and inside straight draws, creating a pot of $408,700. The river came (6♣), leaving Ivey with ...
The dirt removed from the tunnels was formed into a small island in the middle of the East River, now called U Thant Island. ... This project would eventually lead to the IRT Flushing Line. Although he died before the completion of the project, the tunnels ... During the 1890s, Steinway began a project to extend his company town's horse-drawn trolley line under the East River and into ... that were dug under the East River were named the Steinway Tunnels after him. ...
Camelford water pollution incident
60,000 salmon and trout were killed in the Camel and Allen rivers during the flushing out process. The contamination was ... They kept flushing the pipes out for months after the incident. This will have stirred up debris in the bends and only have ... he failure of the authority to visit every house after the incident to advise them to thoroughly flush their systems [w]as a ...
History of water supply and sanitation
Ackroyd, Peter (2007). "Filthy River" in Thames: Sacred River. New York: Nan A. Talese/Doubleday. pp. 270-275. Abellán 2017, p ... It was also one of the first uses of a flush toilet, dating back to 18th century BC. The Minoan civilization had stone sewers ... rivers. Three of these sewers were north of the river, the southernmost, low-level one being incorporated in the Thames ... London's River Fleet is such a system. Open drains, or gutters, for waste water run-off ran along the center of some streets. ...
HMS Firm (1794)
129th Street (IRT Third Avenue Line)
"Just across the River, Opening of a Short Length of Sub-Urban Rapid Transit Railroad" (PDF). The New York Times Company. 18 May ... Flushing, NY: H&M Productions. pp. 245-249. ISBN 1-882608-19-4. Sparberg, Andrew J. (1 October 2014). From a Nickel to a Token ... It served as the original terminal for the line, until it was extended across the Harlem River to the Bronx on May 17, 1886. On ... The site became part of Harlem River Park. "Through Trains To Tremont: The New Elevated Station Platforms at 129th Street Are ...
USS Mahan (DD-102)
The flush deck destroyers included the Caldwell, Wickes and Clemson classes, which were often referred to as the flush deckers ... Mahan's keel was laid down on 4 May 1918 by the Fore River Shipyard, Quincy, Massachusetts. She was launched on 4 August 1918, ... Flush-Deckers, Destroyer History Foundation "Flush Deckers". Destroyer History Foundation. Retrieved 20 July 2016. Friedman, ... The ship was converted into a light minelayer on 17 July 1920 and designated as the DM-7. Mahan was a flush deck destroyer; so- ...
Gloucester Electric Supply Co.
The Gloucester River had stopped flowing (and this was before the days of river irrigation) and the town was without water. ... The sewerage was kept operating by hand bucket flushing of toilets. A pipe line had been constructed from the town to a site on ... The new premises were commented on very favourably by the Manning River Times which described in detail the complete layout. ... The makeshift plant was a success and water from the Barrington River was supplied to Gloucester. Water restrictions were still ...
USS Corry (DD-334)
Taken a short distance up the Napa River, about a mile from Mare Island, she was later abandoned where she lay. USS Corry was ... This was part of the last class of "flush-decker" Destroyers to be built before World War II. They were also identified as " ... The remains of the ship was then towed to and abandoned in the Napa River. NavSource Online: Destroyer Photo Archive - USS ... United States Navy Secretary Charles Francis Adams' raised the issue to Congress that 60 Flush-Deckers were wearing out. The ...
Travelling along Long Island Sound, he entered the Housatonic River (which he named "River of Red Hills") and the Connecticut ... Adriaen Block has a middle school in Flushing, Queens (NYC) named after him. History of the United States of America: from the ... The life was hard, as it was settled in the winter as a result of the Connecticut river turning to ice. Block sailed up the ... He is credited with being the first European to enter Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River and to determine that ...
Frans Jansen Bloetgoet
Bloodgood was made secretary to the Colonies on the Delaware River in 1659. They moved to Flushing, and Bloodgood was appointed ... On 24 May 1674 he was made chief officer of the Dutch militia of the settlements of Flushing, Hempstead, Jamaica and Newtown. ... Bloodgood Parker, Annie (1917). "Captain Frans Bloodgood of Flushing, Long Island and some of his Descendants". The ... was a Netherlander who immigrated to Flushing, Queens, He is the ancestor of the American Bloodgood family. Frans Janszen ...
Shaw Centre (Ottawa)
... and logs from the bottom of the Ottawa River to make the Wall of Three Rivers. Because of its panoramic glass design, the OCC ... This water is used to flush restroom toilets. 97% of materials from the demolished Congress Centre were diverted from landfill ... The first level features a large lobby, as well as the Wall of Three Rivers artwork, which is made of reclaimed logs and acts ...
Flushed birds will utter a rapid, chattering 'krak', flying rapidly. Red-billed francolin and Orange River francolin occur ... The Red-billed francolin prefers bush along watercourses and Orange River francolin can be found on the slopes leading up to ... They are not easily flushed, preferring to hide between boulders. ...
Eagle Island State Park (Idaho)
Eagle Island State Park is bordered on the north and south by two forks of the Boise River. A Sportsman's Access area offers ... Facilities include flush toilets, group shelters, and a water slide. Non-motorized boating is allowed. Available activities ... My proposal adds needed improvements: campgrounds, equestrian trails, and more greenbelt along the Boise River." ... "Eagle Island State Park along the Boise River, with our rapid population growth, will become as valuable to the Treasure Valley ...
... including the River Bran. The area between Achanalt and Achnasheen is characterised by a gentle slope down to the River Bran, ... Tawny sedge and dioecious sedge occur in flush line areas. The featured herbs include heath spotted orchid and common valerian ... The village lies on the A832 road and the River Bran, and is near to the western shore of Loch Achanalt. To the north is Loch ... The marshes are characterised by mesotrophic grassland on a river valley flood plain. There are two waterlogged Carex Juncus ...
One main purpose was to let the river easily flush floating ice into the sea to avoid ice-jam floods downstream. This is now ... The Vistula river used to be connected to the Dnieper River, and thence to the Black Sea via the Augustów Canal, a ... "Vistula River". pomorskie.travel. Retrieved 13 August 2018. Vistula - the most important and the longest river in Poland, and ... In addition, the majority of its river basin (55%) is 100 to 200 m above sea level; over 3⁄4 of the river basin ranges from ...
Unisex public toilet
Once-through cooling (OTC) systems may be used on very large rivers or at coastal and estuarine sites. These power stations put ... Non-spill sealing (clean break, flush face couplings). *Compact and lightweight (materials in special aluminum alloys) ... These OTC systems thus rely upon a good supply of river water or seawater for their cooling needs. Such facilities are built ... The loss of evaporated water into the air exhausted to the atmosphere is replaced by "make-up" fresh river water or fresh ...
North of Queens are Flushing Bay and the Flushing River, connecting to the East River. The East River opens into Long Island ... LaGuardia Airport is located in Flushing, in northern Queens, on Flushing Bay. Originally opened in 1939, the airport's two ... who lived in Flushing as a child and Barbara Bush, who was born at Booth Memorial Hospital in Flushing. Theodore ... an estuary that flows into the East River, forming part of the border. To the west and north is the East River, across which is ...
One of the exhibits is what is claimed to be the world's largest coloured pencil. Fitz Park, on the bank of the River Greta ... The three-storey house dates to the late 18th century and features a flush-panelled central double door with Gothic top panels ... The River Derwent flows from Derwentwater to Bassenthwaite, the most northerly of the major Cumbrian lakes. The Derwent and its ... The Cumberland Pencil Company, formed at the turn of the century, occupied a large factory near the River Greta on the road ...
Middle Stone Age
Ochre is reported from some early MSA sites, for example at Kapthurin and Twin Rivers, and is common after c. 100 ka. ... Milo, R. G. (1998). "Evidence for hominid predation at Klasies River Mouth, South Africa, and its implications for the behavior ... Backed pieces from the Twin Rivers and Kalambo Falls sites in Zambia, dated at sometime between 300 and 140,000 years, likewise ...
2008) Empires of the Indus: The Story of a River. First American Edition (20101) W. W. Norton & Company, New York. ISBN 978-0- ... After the measurement, the snow is cleared from the board and the board is placed flush with the snow surface to provide an ... This often makes the river's flow highly seasonal resulting in periodic flooding during the spring months and at least in ... Many rivers originating in mountainous or high-latitude regions receive a significant portion of their flow from snowmelt. ...
about 90 percent of all the plastic that reaches the world's oceans gets flushed through just 10 rivers: The Yangtze, the Indus ... Zanskar River, Suru River, Soan River, Jhelum River, Chenab River, Ravi River, Beas River, Sutlej River, Panjnad River, Ghaggar ... Shyok River, Hunza River, Gilgit River, Swat River, Kunar River, Kabul River, Kurram River, Gomal River, Zhob River. ... "river"), as the river now carried the waters of the Kabul River, the Indus River and the five Punjab rivers. Passing by ...
In the northeastern states the Saint Lawrence River, the coast of Maine, Long island harbors, Barnegat Bay, Great Egg Harbor, ... When the ducks see the hunters in the boat, ducks flush off the water and hunters shoot. Then birds are collected and placed in ... Retired professional baseball player Dazzy Vance hunting waterfowl on Crystal River in Florida which is on the edge of the ... Waterfowl can be hunted in crop fields where they feed, or, more frequently, on or near bodies of water such as rivers, lakes, ...
Game birds are flushed out using flushing spaniels such as the English Springer Spaniel, the various Cocker Spaniels and ... Jacob F. Rivers III, Cultural Values in the Southern Sporting Narrative (2002). ... Flushing is the practice of scaring animals from concealed areas.. *Ghillie suit is a type of gear a person can wear to blend ... Dogs may be used to course or to help flush, herd, drive, track, point at, pursue, or retrieve prey. ...
Israel had seized the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank of the Jordan River (including East Jerusalem), and the ... Israeli paratroopers flush out Jordanian soldiers from trenches during the Battle of Ammunition Hill. ... They simply walked to the Jordan River crossings and made their way on foot to the East Bank. It is unclear how many were ... Syrian reserve units were broken up by Israeli air attacks, and several tanks were reported to have sunk in the Jordan River.[ ...
1939 New York World's Fair
The Government Zone was located at the east end of the fair, on the eastern bank of the Flushing River. It contained 21 ... The 1939-40 New York World's Fair was a world's fair held at Flushing Meadows-Corona Park in Queens, New York, United States. ... World's Fair (now Mets-Willets Point) station on the IRT Flushing Line was rebuilt to handle fair traffic on the Interborough ... A Long Island Rail Road station (now Mets-Willets Point) was built next to the Flushing Line station. The IND extension ...
Dioxins and dioxin-like compounds
"CATAWBA RIVER FISH CONSUMPTION ADVISORIES DRASTICALLY EXPANDED". catawbariverkeeper.org.. *^ a b c Lee W. S., Chang-Chien G. P ... PCBs are also known to flush from industry and land (aka sludge fields) to contaminate fish, as they have up and down the ... Catawba River in North and South Carolina. State authorities have posted fish consumption advisories due to accumulation of ...
Pauri Garhwal district
Among medium scale industries, a flush door factory manufacturing flush door and ply board and Indica Chemical Pvt. Ltd. at ... The Ramganga River Project at Kalagarh in the district is one of the biggest engineering feat of the state to tame a turbulent ... The chief rivers flowing through the district are the Ganga with its tributaries namely, the Alaknanda, the Nayaar (Nayaar East ... Fish are found in almost all the rivers and streams of the district and in most part constitute the common food of the people. ...
On the southern bank of the river Brahmaputra, this chili is called nôga zôlôkia, believed to be named after the Naga warriors ... "Army used 'chilly grenades' to flush out Pak terrorist Sajjad Ahmed from a cave". Indian Express.. ... North of the Brahmaputra river, these peppers are widely called Bhut Jolokia or Bhoot Jolokia, literally translating to 'Ghost ... Chili grenades made from Bhut jolokia were successfully used by the Indian Army in August 2015 to flush out a terrorist hiding ...
These predators are able to access small crevices and flush out the prey. Killer whales have been known to help whalers ... For example, when mixed flocks of birds forage, the birds in front flush out insects that are caught by the birds behind. ... It can also make prey more readily available through strategies like flushing of prey and herding it into a smaller area. ...
Flushing River - Wikipedia
The Flushing River was once a clear, fresh waterway which offered safe boating and swimming. The Flushing River and Flushing ... The Flushing and North Side also built a spur leading to Flushing Bay just southwest of the Flushing River delta. All lines ... "Historical Backgroun of Flushing Bay". Flushing Meadow Improvement Vol. 1, No. 5. July 1937. Anonymous. "Flushing River: A ... Exploring Flushing River at the Wayback Machine (archived December 6, 2013) Across the Mighty Flushing River Coordinates: 40°45 ...
IRT Flushing Line - Wikipedia
The earliest origins of the Flushing Line emerged on February 22, 1885, with the founding of the East River Tunnel Railroad. ... The line to Flushing was originally called the Corona Line or Woodside and Corona Line before it was completed to Flushing. The ... "Flushing Line Opens Jan. 21". New York Times. January 12, 1928. p. 12. Retrieved October 2, 2011. See also: "Flushing Extension ... Services that use the Flushing Line are colored purple. The following services use part or all of the IRT Flushing Line: The ...
Sources of organic matter in first flush runoff from urban roadways on Environmental XPRT
This study aims to explore the influential sources of organic matter in first flush runoff from urban roadways by comparing ... Article Sources of organic matter in first flush runoff from urban roadways. ... Contamination levels and potential sources of organic pollution in an Asian river. Jul. 12, 2017. The Houjing River has long ... Sources of organic matter in first flush runoff from urban .... Sources of organic matter in first flush runoff from urban ...
Royal Flush vs Royal Flush - Poker Forums
RIVER ***. TravlnLight: bets 160. swimmer9: raises 160 to 320. damhouse,too: calls 320. TravlnLight: raises 160 to 480. ... Any flush or str8 flush or royal flush that is a duplicate, is a tie and therefore a split pot. ... re: Poker & Royal Flush vs Royal Flush The only place in poker (that I am aware of) where suits make a difference is in the ... re: Poker & Royal Flush vs Royal Flush Its not a Royal vs. Royal, but itll at least show you what happens in Stud (at least ...
NL20-NL50] NL20 SH: K high flush | Hand discussions for No Limit | PokerStrategy.com Forum
the line i would take is 3bet the turn and shove the river.. Either that, or call turn and check/raise/call river.. Sometimes ... Two hearts hit the flop so i chose to bet out with my flush draw, he called. On the turn i hit my flush so a i bet, he reraised ... by calling and going for a c/r on river you give him the option to check behind with lower flushes tptk etc ... ... c/c river. I would 3bet/call push (or push) on turn and make 2/3 potsize bet on the river. ...
5 NLHE 6-max: Flopped Nut Flush, Turn Pairs The Board, What Would You Do?
River: (147.6 BB, 2 players) T♣ SB shows Q♦ A♠ (Two Pair, Aces and Threes). (Pre 58%, Flop 2%, Turn 9%). Hero shows T♥ K♥ ( ... You could argue, that he will also call you with a flush, but he essentially never has that, when 4 of the big flush cards are ... Hands like Q9s or 98s are a very loose open UTG, and if he has them anyway, he is probably going to bet the river, so just let ... Should I have raised the flop or is slow playing the nut flush alright here? Is there any way I can look to keep both villains ...
NL20-NL50] NL50 ATs flopped nut flush | Hand discussions for No Limit | PokerStrategy.com Forum
this opponent? If he has a flush or a set he is probably not folding to one bet anyway.. On the river, i think my sizing is ... River: ($20.25) 7. (2 players). CO checks, Hero bets $11, CO calls $11. CO is 46/26, 44% agg. freq., fold to 3bet 0(3), 99 ... River: I think you can use 2 different bet sizes now. You either target Kc/Qc, or you target any club.. So you should either ... Turn: Ok not a great card but I guess you can bet 6.50 here, I dont expect him to check/fold a one card flush on the Turn.. ...
Find Flushing, MI Hotels- Downtown Hotels in Flushing- Hotel Search by Hotel & Travel Index: Travel Weekly
Browse the hotel guide for Flushing to find luxury hotels and five star hotels in the Flushing area. Explore the hotel map to ... Explore by amentities, price, map, and rating and let us help you choose the best hotel in Flushing for your trip. ... Search and compare Flushing, MI hotels and accomomodations using our interactive hotel finder. ... CruisesNorwegian Cruise LinePrincess CruisesRoyal Caribbean InternationalUniworld Boutique River Cruise CollectionViking River ...
Over 90 illegal occupants flushed out of PCB hostel - Times of India
Continuing with their ongoing exercise of flushing out illegal inmates from the hostels of Allahabad University and those run ... 5Drive during Kumbh to save river Ganga. *6Devotees take holy dip on Devothani Ekadashi on the ghats of Yamuna ... Over 90 illegal occupants flushed out of PCB hostel. Continuing with their ongoing exercise of flushing out illegal inmates ... After continuing for over two hours, the varsity authorities flushed out over 90 illegal inmates from the hostel and their ...
Top 10 Best Eye Doctors in Flushing NY | Angie's List
Read real reviews and see ratings for Flushing, NY Eye Doctors near you to help you pick the right pro Eye Doctor. ... Toms River, New Jersey * Atlantic Eye Physicians 180 White Rd. Little Silver, New Jersey ... Join Angies List Now To see all 13 highly rated companies in Flushing Eye Doctors Near Me. * New York ... Find Top-Rated Flushing Eye Doctors. There are 13 top-rated Eye Doctors in your area and 915 to avoid.. ...
Flushing Waterways VISION PLAN
03.01.18Hudson River Contamination Sparks Action. *03.01.18Rx for Hudson: Expand medication drop-off sites, make manufacturers ... and redevelopment plans for Willets Point and downtown Flushing, the waters of Flushing Bay and Flushing Creek needed their own ... We see Flushing Bay and Creek - together the Flushing Waterways - not as an unapproachable problem, or as forgotten waterways; ... Flushing Waterways Exec Summary >. Together, Riverkeeper and the Guardians of Flushing Bay launched this vision process in 2016 ...
How Things Work: What Happens When You Flush Your Toilet? - Week 3: Why Coal Is Dirty | Coursera
Flush - definition of flush by The Free Dictionary
flush synonyms, flush pronunciation, flush translation, English dictionary definition of flush. v. flushed , flush·ing , flush· ... flush - flow freely; "The garbage flushed down the river". flush down, wash down - flow freely; "The body washed down the river ... flush 1. (flŭsh). v. flushed, flush·ing, flush·es v.intr.. 1. To turn red, as from fever, embarrassment, or strong emotion; ... flush - squarely or solidly; "hit him flush in the face". 2.. flush - in the same plane; "set it flush with the top of the ...
Fish becoming transgender from contraceptive pill chemicals being flushed down household drains
A fifth of male fish are now transgender because of chemicals from the contraceptive pill being flushed down household drains, ... Male river fish are displaying feminised traits and even producing eggs, the study found. Some have reduced sperm quality and ... A fifth of male fish are now transgender because of chemicals from the contraceptive pill being flushed down household drains, ... Fish becoming transgender from contraceptive pill chemicals being flushed down household drains ...
Best way to flush an engine block. - The Stovebolt Forums
Circulate until hot, flush, and refill with water/antifreeze. Most commercial radiator flush products are far too weak to do ... Stovebolt.com Forums The Shop Area The Engine Shop Best way to flush an engine block.. ... Flush thoroughly and refill with a 50/50 water antifreeze mix.. For greasy crud, I use a can of drain-cleaning lye and water, ... What is the best and safest way to flush the block? I dont want to harm anything or, worst of all, leave deposits behind that ...
50 Memory Care Facilities Near Flushing, NY | A Place for Mom
... photos for Memory Care facilities near Flushing, NY. Our local Advisors are here to answer your questions. ... 351 River Road, Edgewater, NJ 07020. (. 17. ). 866-223-3192for a local A Place for Mom advisor ... Flushing Memory Care. Alzheimers Care facilities near Flushing, NY. Use our memory care search tool to find the best options ... Memory Care Facilities Near Flushing, NY. In Nearby Towns. Alzheimers Care in Corona, NY. Alzheimers Care in Forest Hills, NY ...
Mississippi Flood Flushes Snakes, Deer Into Neighborhoods
The current Mississippi floods are flushing wild animals out of their natural habitats-and into homes and neighborhoods, ... The current Mississippi River flood is flushing snakes, deer, and other wild animals out of their natural habitats-and, in some ... With the river now receding in the city and the rest of Shelby County, nature has put the pin back in the grenade, said ... With swollen rivers reaching up near homes and neighborhoods, we want to make sure people understand that the rules have ...
Luxury Holiday Home Flushing Waterfront Dog Friendly
Luxury holiday home on the waterfront in Flushing, Cornwall. Dog friendly with an exquisite private garden to the rear which ... River View. Sleeps up to 6. Location: Falmouth. This is a great location with wonderful views across the river to Flushing and ... The views of the river and Falmouth are fantastic and Flushing is a pleasant and quiet village with a village shop, two pubs ... Flushing New Quay Lodge forming part of this prominent building is located right on the waterfront in Flushing, across the ...
Industrial 251 First Flush And Semi Flush Lighting | Bellacor
Save on Industrial 251 First Flush And Semi Flush Lighting at Bellacor! Shop Lighting with Confidence & Price Match Guarantee. ... This River Station Rubbed Bronze Three Light Flush Mount Ceiling Lamp brin... ... Lighting Fixtures , Ceiling Lighting , Flush & Semi Flush Lighting , 251 First , Industrial Industrial 251 First Flush And Semi ... The enchanting profile of the River Station Convertible Semi-Flush Mount C... ...
Dvi Lighting Fort Garry Buffed Nickel And Barnwood Three Light Flush Mount Dvp41832bn+baw | Bellacor
Semi Flush Lighting for your home. Free shipping on most lighting, furniture and decor every day. ... Shop Bellacor for Fort Garry Buffed Nickel and Barnwood Three Light Flush Mount by DVI Lighting and other Flush & ... River Station Satin Nickel Three-Light Flush Mount $143.90 Gaines Historic Nickel Two-Light Flush Mount with Frosted Inside- ... Fort Garry Buffed Nickel and Barnwood Three-Light Flush Mount. BY DVI LIGHTING ...
West Virginia Tap Water Ban Awaits A Good Flush : NPR
This after a chemical spill leaked into the Elk River and tainted the local water supply. After a five-day ban on tap water in ... West Virginia Tap Water Ban Awaits A Good Flush The ban on tap water is slowly lifting in and around Charleston, W.Va., where a ... West Virginia Tap Water Ban Awaits A Good Flush. Listen · 3:59 3:59. ... West Virginia Tap Water Ban Awaits A Good Flush. Listen · 3:59 3:59. ...
'Meth gators?' Tennessee police warn against flushing drugs down toilet | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather,...
The warning comes from a Loretto Police Department Facebook post where officers say they found a suspect trying to flush meth ... Police in Tennessee are cautioning against flushing drugs down the toilet out of concern for the animals in local waterways. ... Man dies after kayaking accident on Blue River in Overland Park, officials say ... Police in Tennessee are cautioning against flushing drugs down the toilet out of concern for the animals in local waterways. ...
Frontiers | The Effect of Deep Oceanic Flushing on Water Properties and Ecosystem Functioning Within Atolls in the British...
Within outer stations of Diego Garcia, Peros Banhos and Egmont, evidence suggesting oceanic flushing of cold, saline and dense ... Within outer stations of Diego Garcia, Peros Banhos, and Egmont, evidence suggesting oceanic flushing of cold, saline, and ... this study tested the effect of proximity and exposure to deep oceanic flushing through these channels on water properties and ... it provides the perfect experimental conditions to test the effect of oceanic flushing without confounding factors related to ...
Male Fish Exposed To Flushed Drugs Develop Ovaries - California River Watch
Male Fish Exposed To Flushed Drugs Develop Ovaries. Posted on March 9, 2007 by Larry. Activist Corner, Waste Discharge ... They have also found feminine traits in male fish across the country from the Potomac River in Washington, D.C. to waterways in ... Northern California River Watch v. City of Healdsburg, No. 04-15442 (9th Circuit Decision) ... Northern California River Watch v. City of Healdsburg, No. 04-15442 (9th Circuit Decision) ...
Legionella Control equipment | Environmental XPRT
Lake Montauk needs A Flush - Stripers247.com Forums
Lake Montauk is at a great distance away from the Hudson River and New Jersey river drainages, and was among the last of the ... Ohio River Hybrid Bass Stocking info LittleMiamiJeff. Ohio Stripers and Wipers. 11. 03-16-2007 06:28 PM. ... Lake Needs a Flush. By Larry Penny. East Hampton Star - Link. Durell Godfrey ... Over the past 10 years, Lake Montauk has been visited by a manatee from Florida, a basking shark from the ocean, a river otter ...
Bacteria at the beach: Tests reveal high levels in water after 'first flush' of rain
The sample was taken from the Santa Ana River mouth at the end of November, 2017. Her fifth grade students test bacteria levels ... The Pegasus School Environmental Sustainability director Pam Conti makes her way to the mouth of the Santa Ana River to collect ... The Pegasus School Environmental Sustainability director Pam Conti shows a water sample she collected at the Santa Ana River ... The Pegasus School Environmental Sustainability director Pam Conti shows a water sample she collected at the Santa Ana River ...
City flushes old sewage ideas
Durango Herald The Journal Pine River Times Adventure Pro DGO Southwest Scene Four Corners Expos Directory Plus BCI Media ... He said the old attitude of reacting instead of anticipating crises has been flushed down the toilet. We are not the same ... About 300,000 gallons of raw sewage leaked into the Animas River in July 2011. The city did not have an emergency response plan ... About 300,000 gallons of raw sewage leaked into the Animas River in July 2011. The city did not have an emergency response plan ...
Assisted Living in River Edge, New Jersey
... trusted local advisors in River Edge have helped more than 172 families find Assisted Living. , Get pricing, photos & reviews ... 147-02 34th Avenue, Flushing, NY 11354. (. 56. ). 866-223-3192 for a local advisor ... Assisted Living in River Edge. , New Jersey. Alzheimers Care in River Edge. , New Jersey. Nursing Home in River Edge. , New ... Retirement Community in River Edge. , New Jersey. Residential Care Home in River Edge. , New Jersey. Home Care in River Edge. ...
Leviathan Powers Your Home With Every Flush : TreeHugger
Why stick to water in rivers says Leviathan Energy, a Delaware-incorporated company with R&D; in Israel. Water moving through ... Will Americans be the first to power their homes with every flush? Could be. We do know that Leviathan is in serious talks with ... Why stick to water in rivers says Leviathan Energy, a Delaware-incorporated company with R&D; in Israel. Water moving through ... Dual Flush Toilet by Caroma. Pee-Cycling: Green Toilet Idea From Olde Europe ...
ToiletsFreshwaterWaterways2018EstuarySewageCreeksHudson RiverDebrisLORETTORoyal FlushCreekTidal2017Toilet goesWatersEndangered speciesThamesWastewaterFlopFloodScientists2016RunoffCampgroundElectricityAlgaeDutchWaterwayPresidencyPinot NoirStreams and riversSedimentDrugsDownstreamBeatsPipesPharmaceuticalsMidstWaterfrontOrganizationIndiaTrailEggsSanitationYearsDamsWaste
- According to the research, prescription drugs flushed down toilets are turning up in the fishes' home. (criverwatch.org)
- HANSI LO WANG, BYLINE: After almost five days of avoiding tap water for everything except flushing toilets, Sarah Travis finally received the instructions she'd been waiting for. (npr.org)
- A police department in Tennessee is issuing a tongue-in-cheek warning for people to stop flushing drugs down their toilets or sinks out of fear they could create "meth-gators. (kvue.com)
- Residents of Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, are engaging in a community-wide flushing of toilets today. (wlrn.org)
- Connectivity signals river health, and is vital to protect freshwater biodiversity, support fish stocks and deliver sediment to coastal regions threatened by rising seas. (sciencenews.org)
- Lake Montauk is at a great distance away from the Hudson River and New Jersey river drainages, and was among the last of the ponds to be reached by freshwater species that managed to get across the East River and settle on Long Island. (stripers247.com)
- were widespread in estuarine sediments, which may be attributed to freshwater flushing and associated changes in environmental parameters as well as the geomorphology of the estuary. (int-res.com)
- Lisa JA, Song B, Tobias CR, Duernberger KA (2014) Impacts of freshwater flushing on anammox community structure and activities in the New River Estuary, USA. (int-res.com)
- Freshwater comes from aquifers (underground water-storage units) and surface water sources, like lakes and rivers. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The average American uses 303 to 379 liters (80 to 100 gallons) of freshwater daily, flushing most down the toilet. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Comparison of results from the modified tidal prism method and fraction of freshwater method for determining tidal flushing was made. (oregonstate.edu)
- Rivers and their tributaries are the veins of the planet, pumping freshwater to wetlands and lakes and out to sea. (flipboard.com)
- More, though, the Riverkeeper, and Guardians of Flushing Bay see vast potential for continued improvement of the waterways as a thriving and resilient social-ecological system, that provides recreational and educational opportunities, connects community members, and fosters stewardship. (riverkeeper.org)
- The Queens Water Exploration Center is part of a larger Vision Plan for Flushing Waterways connecting the community to the waterfront, while restoring the natural ecology of the waterways. (riverkeeper.org)
- Reach out to Riverkeeper's Chrissy Remein, Project Coordinator for this visioning plan, with any questions, input, or ideas for the future of Flushing waterways. (riverkeeper.org)
- Police in Tennessee are cautioning against flushing drugs down the toilet out of concern for the animals in local waterways. (fox4kc.com)
- We have a problem of contamination, very highly polluted rivers and canals," leading to foul-smelling waterways especially in the dry season, said Thammarat. (csmonitor.com)
- But rainfall can cause overflows of untreated waste into bays, rivers, streams and other waterways. (nsf.gov)
- Even then, however, city and district officials aren't planning to provide regular, easy-to-find updates about potential health threats in the waterways, unlike Lake Michigan beaches - where warning flags are raised when bacteria counts are high - or other cities that are reclaiming urban rivers after decades of abuse. (chicagotribune.com)
- We're at this point where recreation is booming, but we still aren't where we need to be when it comes to water quality or informing the public about what's in the river,' said John Quail, director of watershed planning at Friends of the Chicago River, a nonprofit group that has pushed for decades to change how the waterways are managed. (chicagotribune.com)
- The Pegasus School Environmental Sustainability director Pam Conti shows a water sample she collected at the Santa Ana River mouth in Huntington Beach, CA, on Wednesday, Jan 10, 2018, for her fifth grade students to test bacteria levels. (ocregister.com)
- Drone footage taken on Feb. 14, 2018 in Schenectady County shows four portions of the Mohawk River, which is covered by a 17-mile ice jam. (timesunion.com)
- The Tijuana River Estuary is a natural oasis in the midst of a growing metropolis that is in trouble. (loe.org)
- Addressing these problems can be difficult anywhere, but complicating the situation in Tijuana is the fact that while the Estuary is entirely within the US, the river which feeds it and its watershed, are in Mexico. (loe.org)
- It's the estuary where the Tijuana River meets the Pacific Ocean. (loe.org)
- That's because while the estuary is entirely within the US, the river which feeds it and its watershed are in Mexico. (loe.org)
- The Tijuana River Estuary in the US. (loe.org)
- THOMSON: This is where the stuff that's eroding off Tijuana's hillsides comes to rest, in the Tijuana River Estuary, literally at the feet of Tessa Roper. (loe.org)
- Sediment communities in the New River Estuary, North Carolina were investigated to determine the dynamics of anammox activity and community structure in conjunction with environmental conditions. (int-res.com)
- The characteristics of the estuary used in the calculations were: tidal volumes, river flow, topography, and salinity information. (oregonstate.edu)
- Flushing rates in an overmixed estuary were determined using Gibson's method as well as flushing times calculation for a marina-like small basin. (oregonstate.edu)
- About 300,000 gallons of raw sewage leaked into the Animas River in July 2011. (durangoherald.com)
- The city regularly dumped raw sewage into the river as late as 1958, when Durango s first wastewater-treatment plant opened. (durangoherald.com)
- Melbourne, Nov 9 (ANI): A British woman has got back a diamond ring two years after it was accidentally flushed down a hotel toilet after hiring a waste firm to sift through 54,500 litres of sewage. (thaindian.com)
- The current flush toilet requires a substantial amount of sewage infrastructure, which is expensive to build and run. (csmonitor.com)
- While the idea of a Big Flush might seem like a good way to unify a population around a problem, the drought and the need to flush the sewage lines is indicative of a larger issue. (wlrn.org)
- Hudson River is filled with pharmaceuticals, says University study. (lohud.com)
- Drugs in the Hudson River? (lohud.com)
- He suspects that removal of the pilings caused creosote to be released into the Hudson River. (lohud.com)
- The Hudson River is a waterborne medicine cabinet flush with drugs to treat blood pressure, cholesterol, and common aches and pains, new research by the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University shows. (lohud.com)
- Experience the Hudson Terrace, New York's hottest nightclub named for its amazing view overlooking the Hudson River. (clubzone.com)
- For example, would the new barrier change the salinity of the Hudson River? (nytimes.com)
- the Westway project, a landfill on the Hudson River, was far smaller but was defeated, in part because of opposition by environmentalists. (nytimes.com)
- The warning comes from a Loretto Police Department Facebook post where officers say they found a suspect trying to flush meth and several items of paraphernalia. (fox4kc.com)
- The Loretto Police Department recently posted the ominous, but intended-to-be-humorous, Facebook warning after officers found a suspect unsuccessfully trying to flush meth and paraphernalia at a home. (kvue.com)
- Is it possible for a royal flush to beat another royal flush? (cardschat.com)
- So, in a game where it's possible to make a royal flush like draw poker or stud and two opponents both get a royal flush-is that a split pot or do the suit rankings come into play? (cardschat.com)
- IE: A spade royal flush beats a diamond royal flush. (cardschat.com)
- While the odds of 2 players getting a royal flush at the same time are astronomically high - theoretically it could happen. (cardschat.com)
- So you bone yourself, when you are way behind drawing to a royal flush, and you win nothing extra, when you are way ahead. (cardschat.com)
- Flushing Creek once rose in the present-day neighborhood of Kew Gardens Hills, where Vleigh Place traces the Vleigh (old Dutch for Valley) of the headwaters. (wikipedia.org)
- The area near the mouth of the creek became the site of the early Flushing settlement. (wikipedia.org)
- During his presidency, George Washington arrived at Flushing by ferry across the creek. (wikipedia.org)
- This crossing was near the confluence of Horse Brook and Flushing Creek. (wikipedia.org)
- If you live near a creek, river or lake, check for excessive plant and algae growth along the shoreline. (hrwc.org)
- Pamela Conti knew bacteria levels after this week's first rains would be higher than normal, but she wasn't expecting the samples taken at the rivermouth at San Juan Creek at Doheny Beach and at the Santa Ana River in Huntington Beach to be off the charts, literally. (ocregister.com)
- Law enforcement joked if the meth made it far enough, gators could end up consuming it in Shoal Creek and the Tennessee River. (kvue.com)
- It is said that the name Vlissingen means "salt meadow," given as a nod to the tidal waters of Flushing Meadows. (wikipedia.org)
- At its northern section, a tidal gate bridge was built to keep the East River tide from flooding into the park. (wikipedia.org)
- The overriding goal of this study was to provide first order estimates of dilution and tidal flushing of waste discharges released hypothetically into various Oregon estuaries during critical low flows and tides. (oregonstate.edu)
- 10 Feb 20 - Canadian scientists have identified a new source of energy, wealth and nourishment being lost each day in every city, town and municipality on the planet: a great river of wastewater. (carbonnews.co.nz)
- But while Mayor Rahm Emanuel is fond of calling the river Chicago's 'next recreational frontier,' the partially treated wastewater that pours constantly into its channels poses stomach-churning health risks to people who come in contact with the murky flow. (chicagotribune.com)
- Two hearts hit the flop so i chose to bet out with my flush draw, he called. (pokerstrategy.com)
- Should I have raised the flop or is slow playing the nut flush alright here? (cardschat.com)
- I think slow playing the nut flush on the flop is fine. (cardschat.com)
- Flop: I almost always slowplay nut flush here unless villain bets really small on the Flop and then you would have to raise to build the pot. (pokerstrategy.com)
- For example, on the flop you know that you are approximately a 2:1 underdog of making your open-ended straight or completing your four-flush by the river . (beatthefish.com)
- While most animals will survive the Mississippi River flood, for some their habitats could take years to return to normal, Odom said. (nationalgeographic.com)
- But a proposed dam and reservoir would flood about 30 percent of the length of the river within the park, including one entire chiefdom, and would cut through a wildlife corridor connecting the park with the Lower Zambezi National Park. (sciencenews.org)
- Images from NASA's Space Shuttle are being used to create maps that could help manage river resources and flood events. (australiangeographic.com.au)
- Scientists are concerned that if pharmaceuticals keep getting flushed down the toilet and certain cleaning compounds keep going down the drain, there could be long-term problems for fish. (criverwatch.org)
- Only about a third of the world's longest rivers still flow freely along their entire lengths, unchained by dams or reservoirs, scientists report in the May 9 Nature . (sciencenews.org)
- BANGKOK, Thailand - Scientists in Bangkok are about to start work on a new flush toilet especially designed for the urban poor in Thailand , Cambodia , and Vietnam . (csmonitor.com)
- River Sedimentation contains the peer-reviewed scientific contributions presented at the 13th International Symposium on River Sedimentation (ISRS 2016, Stuttgart, Germany, 19-22 September 2016), and includes recent accomplishments in theoretical developments, numerical modelling, experimental laboratory work, field investigations and monitoring as well as management methodologies. (routledge.com)
- This study aims to explore the influential sources of organic matter in first flush runoff from urban roadways by comparing organic carbon content and particle size distribution in road dust with those from discharge from vehicles during rainfall. (environmental-expert.com)
- Samples on first flush runoff and road dust were collected from urban roadways. (environmental-expert.com)
- Wood River Campground is composed of 30 campsites including 1 double-site and a picnic area which are all first-come, first-serve. (usda.gov)
- Wood River Group Overnight Area is located inside the Wood River Campground, can accommodate up to 150 people, and may be reserved by visiting www.recreation.gov or by calling (877)444-6777. (usda.gov)
- The campground setting is heavily forested and divided by the Big Wood River. (usda.gov)
- This campground is located on the banks of the beautiful Big Wood River at an elevation of 6,400 feet. (usda.gov)
- The town of Flushing was settled in 1645 under charter of the Dutch West India Company and was named after the port of Vlissingen, in the southwestern Netherlands. (wikipedia.org)
- As the English version of the name of the Dutch town is "Flushing", the same English version was used by the town's English-speaking inhabitants. (wikipedia.org)
- Originally named Nankersey, meaning valley of the reed swamp, the village was given its name by Dutch engineers from Flushing in the Netherlands who built the three main quays in the village. (cornwallscottages.co.uk)
- Thomas Rivers Brown and his wife Genevieve Marie Walsh have quietly developed one of California's most cherished Pinot Noir labels. (princeofpinot.com)
- Early on (2002 was the first Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir release), Summa Vineyard was the only source of Pinot Noir for Thomas, but led to other grape acquisitions in the area. (princeofpinot.com)
- Today, Rivers-Marie produces very small amounts of Pinot Noir from a limited number of vineyard sources in the true Sonoma Coast, specifically the Occidental-Freestone area. (princeofpinot.com)
Streams and rivers1
- On a more or less serious note: Folks…please don't flush your drugs m'kay," police wrote. (fox4kc.com)
- They said flushed drugs end up in retention ponds for processing before going downstream. (fox4kc.com)
- Use this method only with the drugs the FDA says should be disposed of by flushing. (verywell.com)
- He was arrested, but police say overall environmental health is becoming an issue because flushed drugs can end up in retention ponds for processing before they are sent downstream. (kvue.com)
- Yale Ecology Professor David K. Skelly said rampaging meth-fueled alligators aren't a real cause for concern, but the department does have a point in recommending not to flush drugs. (kvue.com)
- BLOCK: Still, officials say, the process of flushing the last of the chemical out of local pipes will take some time. (npr.org)
- The 96-mile-long sewer system dates back to 1916, with the oldest sections underneath Main Avenue and along the Animas River, where pipes are more than 50 years old. (durangoherald.com)
- Originally constructed in 1703 this beautiful property on the waterfront in Flushing was originally the home of a Merchant Ship Captain. (cornwallscottages.co.uk)
- New Quay Lodge forming part of this prominent building is located right on the waterfront in Flushing, across the river from Falmouth. (cornwallscottages.co.uk)
- Male river fish are displaying feminised traits and even producing eggs, the study found. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Worried by the high level of indiscipline in the Nigeria Police Force, President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday charged the Police Service Commission (PSC) to leave no stone unturned in the efforts to flush out the bad eggs in the system. (thenationonlineng.net)
- A spring flush has flowed from Lake Jindabyne for the first time in 40 years. (australiangeographic.com.au)
- Looking to Celebrate New Years Eve in Flushing (New York)? (clubzone.com)
- Find the Hottest New Years Eve Parties & Events in Flushing (New York). (clubzone.com)
- Welcome to Flushing (New York) guide to New Years Eve parties and events! (clubzone.com)
- clubZone ranks the top New Years Eve parties in Flushing (New York) based on how tickets are selling so you won't miss out on the most popular events. (clubzone.com)
- Check out all the Flushing (New York) New Years Eve parties, get tickets now and make New Years Eve the best party of the year! (clubzone.com)
- The [flush] technology that we've been using so far is 200 years old already … It hasn't really been improved at all [since]," Thammarat Koottatep, an environmental engineer and associate professor at AIT, said at the AIT project's launch Sept. 24. (csmonitor.com)
- There are rivers that are swimmable today that weren't 30 years ago. (loe.org)
- About 5 percent of the region's power comes from four dams on the lower Snake River between Tri-Cities and Lewiston, Idaho. (q13fox.com)
- Just a handful of dams on the Columbia River provide the majority of hydropower needed in the Pacific Northwest. (q13fox.com)
- But the system's capacity -- the ability to handle spikes -- is the primary purpose behind several other dams, including the four on the lower Snake River. (q13fox.com)
- I asked her if the four lower Snake River dams are critical to the region's energy grid. (q13fox.com)
- The fate of the four lower Snake River dams has been challenged for decades because of its impacts on native fish. (q13fox.com)
- Avoid dams: Small low-head dams are responsible for over 8% of river fatalities. (americanwhitewater.org)