Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Academies and Institutes
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Translational Medical Research
National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
United States Department of Agriculture
A cabinet department in the Executive Branch of the United States Government concerned with improving and maintaining farm income and developing and expanding markets for agricultural products. Through inspection and grading services it safeguards and insures standards of quality in food supply and production.
Community-Based Participatory Research
Public-Private Sector Partnerships
Communication, in the sense of cross-fertilization of ideas, involving two or more academic disciplines (such as the disciplines that comprise the cross-disciplinary field of bioethics, including the health and biological sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences and law). Also includes problems in communication stemming from differences in patterns of language usage in different academic or medical disciplines.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
A province of eastern Canada, one of the Maritime Provinces with NEW BRUNSWICK; PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND; and sometimes NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR. Its capital is Halifax. The territory was granted in 1621 by James I to the Scotsman Sir William Alexander and was called Nova Scotia, the Latin for New Scotland. The territory had earlier belonged to the French, under the name of Acadia. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p871 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p384)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Clinical Nursing Research
A degenerative disease of the BRAIN characterized by the insidious onset of DEMENTIA. Impairment of MEMORY, judgment, attention span, and problem solving skills are followed by severe APRAXIAS and a global loss of cognitive abilities. The condition primarily occurs after age 60, and is marked pathologically by severe cortical atrophy and the triad of SENILE PLAQUES; NEUROFIBRILLARY TANGLES; and NEUROPIL THREADS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1049-57)
Academic Medical Centers
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
An eating disorder that is characterized by the lack or loss of APPETITE, known as ANOREXIA. Other features include excess fear of becoming OVERWEIGHT; BODY IMAGE disturbance; significant WEIGHT LOSS; refusal to maintain minimal normal weight; and AMENORRHEA. This disorder occurs most frequently in adolescent females. (APA, Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 1994)
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
An acquired organic mental disorder with loss of intellectual abilities of sufficient severity to interfere with social or occupational functioning. The dysfunction is multifaceted and involves memory, behavior, personality, judgment, attention, spatial relations, language, abstract thought, and other executive functions. The intellectual decline is usually progressive, and initially spares the level of consciousness.
Community Health Centers
A system for classifying patient care by relating common characteristics such as diagnosis, treatment, and age to an expected consumption of hospital resources and length of stay. Its purpose is to provide a framework for specifying case mix and to reduce hospital costs and reimbursements and it forms the cornerstone of the prospective payment system.
Tertiary Care Centers
A genus of the subfamily CERCOPITHECINAE, family CERCOPITHECIDAE, consisting of five named species: PAPIO URSINUS (chacma baboon), PAPIO CYNOCEPHALUS (yellow baboon), PAPIO PAPIO (western baboon), PAPIO ANUBIS (or olive baboon), and PAPIO HAMADRYAS (hamadryas baboon). Members of the Papio genus inhabit open woodland, savannahs, grassland, and rocky hill country. Some authors consider MANDRILLUS a subgenus of Papio.
Severity of Illness Index
Human Growth Hormone
A 191-amino acid polypeptide hormone secreted by the human adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR), also known as GH or somatotropin. Synthetic growth hormone, termed somatropin, has replaced the natural form in therapeutic usage such as treatment of dwarfism in children with growth hormone deficiency.
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Studies comparing two or more treatments or interventions in which the subjects or patients, upon completion of the course of one treatment, are switched to another. In the case of two treatments, A and B, half the subjects are randomly allocated to receive these in the order A, B and half to receive them in the order B, A. A criticism of this design is that effects of the first treatment may carry over into the period when the second is given. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Analysis of Variance
Sensitivity and Specificity
Measurable and quantifiable biological parameters (e.g., specific enzyme concentration, specific hormone concentration, specific gene phenotype distribution in a population, presence of biological substances) which serve as indices for health- and physiology-related assessments, such as disease risk, psychiatric disorders, environmental exposure and its effects, disease diagnosis, metabolic processes, substance abuse, pregnancy, cell line development, epidemiologic studies, etc.
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
A status with BODY WEIGHT that is grossly above the acceptable or desirable weight, usually due to accumulation of excess FATS in the body. The standards may vary with age, sex, genetic or cultural background. In the BODY MASS INDEX, a BMI greater than 30.0 kg/m2 is considered obese, and a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2 is considered morbidly obese (MORBID OBESITY).
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Multicenter Studies as Topic
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Experimentation on, or using the organs or tissues from, a human or other mammalian conceptus during the prenatal stage of development that is characterized by rapid morphological changes and the differentiation of basic structures. In humans, this includes the period from the time of fertilization to the end of the eighth week after fertilization.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Data Interpretation, Statistical
Any dummy medication or treatment. Although placebos originally were medicinal preparations having no specific pharmacological activity against a targeted condition, the concept has been extended to include treatments or procedures, especially those administered to control groups in clinical trials in order to provide baseline measurements for the experimental protocol.
A 51-amino acid pancreatic hormone that plays a major role in the regulation of glucose metabolism, directly by suppressing endogenous glucose production (GLYCOGENOLYSIS; GLUCONEOGENESIS) and indirectly by suppressing GLUCAGON secretion and LIPOLYSIS. Native insulin is a globular protein comprised of a zinc-coordinated hexamer. Each insulin monomer containing two chains, A (21 residues) and B (30 residues), linked by two disulfide bonds. Insulin is used as a drug to control insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (DIABETES MELLITUS, TYPE 1).
Psychiatric Status Rating Scales
A period in the human life in which the development of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal system takes place and reaches full maturity. The onset of synchronized endocrine events in puberty lead to the capacity for reproduction (FERTILITY), development of secondary SEX CHARACTERISTICS, and other changes seen in ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT.
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Poison Control Centers
Simultaneous and continuous monitoring of several parameters during sleep to study normal and abnormal sleep. The study includes monitoring of brain waves, to assess sleep stages, and other physiological variables such as breathing, eye movements, and blood oxygen levels which exhibit a disrupted pattern with sleep disturbances.
Photosynthetic Reaction Center Complex Proteins
Protein complexes that take part in the process of PHOTOSYNTHESIS. They are located within the THYLAKOID MEMBRANES of plant CHLOROPLASTS and a variety of structures in more primitive organisms. There are two major complexes involved in the photosynthetic process called PHOTOSYSTEM I and PHOTOSYSTEM II.
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
A subclass of DIABETES MELLITUS that is not INSULIN-responsive or dependent (NIDDM). It is characterized initially by INSULIN RESISTANCE and HYPERINSULINEMIA; and eventually by GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; HYPERGLYCEMIA; and overt diabetes. Type II diabetes mellitus is no longer considered a disease exclusively found in adults. Patients seldom develop KETOSIS but often exhibit OBESITY.
Quality of Life
A group of techniques developed to apply scientific methods and tools to solve the problems of DECISION MAKING in complex organizations and systems. Operations research searches for optimal solutions in situations of conflicting GOALS and makes use of mathematical models from which solutions for actual problems may be derived. (From Psychiatric Dictionary, 6th ed)
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Statistics as Topic
Heat production, or its measurement, of an organism at the lowest level of cell chemistry in an inactive, awake, fasting state. It may be determined directly by means of a calorimeter or indirectly by calculating the heat production from an analysis of the end products of oxidation within the organism or from the amount of oxygen utilized.
Age of Onset
Intensive Care Units
A potent androgenic steroid and major product secreted by the LEYDIG CELLS of the TESTIS. Its production is stimulated by LUTEINIZING HORMONE from the PITUITARY GLAND. In turn, testosterone exerts feedback control of the pituitary LH and FSH secretion. Depending on the tissues, testosterone can be further converted to DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE or ESTRADIOL.
United States Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
An agency of the PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE established in 1990 to "provide indexing, abstracting, translating, publishing, and other services leading to a more effective and timely dissemination of information on research, demonstration projects, and evaluations with respect to health care to public and private entities and individuals engaged in the improvement of health care delivery..." It supersedes the National Center for Health Services Research. The United States Agency for Health Care Policy and Research was renamed Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) under the Healthcare Research and Quality Act of 1999.
Biological Specimen Banks
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
A class of statistical methods applicable to a large set of probability distributions used to test for correlation, location, independence, etc. In most nonparametric statistical tests, the original scores or observations are replaced by another variable containing less information. An important class of nonparametric tests employs the ordinal properties of the data. Another class of tests uses information about whether an observation is above or below some fixed value such as the median, and a third class is based on the frequency of the occurrence of runs in the data. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1284; Corsini, Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology, 1987, p764-5)
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
A class of statistical procedures for estimating the survival function (function of time, starting with a population 100% well at a given time and providing the percentage of the population still well at later times). The survival analysis is then used for making inferences about the effects of treatments, prognostic factors, exposures, and other covariates on the function.
The presence of co-existing or additional diseases with reference to an initial diagnosis or with reference to the index condition that is the subject of study. Comorbidity may affect the ability of affected individuals to function and also their survival; it may be used as a prognostic indicator for length of hospital stay, cost factors, and outcome or survival.
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
A subtype of DIABETES MELLITUS that is characterized by INSULIN deficiency. It is manifested by the sudden onset of severe HYPERGLYCEMIA, rapid progression to DIABETIC KETOACIDOSIS, and DEATH unless treated with insulin. The disease may occur at any age, but is most common in childhood or adolescence.
Products in capsule, tablet or liquid form that provide dietary ingredients, and that are intended to be taken by mouth to increase the intake of nutrients. Dietary supplements can include macronutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; and/or MICRONUTRIENTS, such as VITAMINS; MINERALS; and PHYTOCHEMICALS.
A noninvasive method for assessing BODY COMPOSITION. It is based on the differential absorption of X-RAYS (or GAMMA RAYS) by different tissues such as bone, fat and other soft tissues. The source of (X-ray or gamma-ray) photon beam is generated either from radioisotopes such as GADOLINIUM 153, IODINE 125, or Americanium 241 which emit GAMMA RAYS in the appropriate range; or from an X-ray tube which produces X-RAYS in the desired range. It is primarily used for quantitating BONE MINERAL CONTENT, especially for the diagnosis of OSTEOPOROSIS, and also in measuring BONE MINERALIZATION.
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Glucose Tolerance Test
"Research Center". Nez Perce National Historic Park. Retrieved April 14, 2012. Josephy, Alvin (1971). The Nez Perce Indians and ... and managed by the National Park Service includes a research center, archives, and library. Historical records are available ... the tribal and administrative centre of the Nez Percé Tribe of Idaho. Their tribal area was one of the four centers for the ... They were the third largest Nez Percé regional group and their tribal area was one of the four centres for the large regional ...
Yve Laris Cohen
Movement Research. Yve Laris Cohen. Art Forum. "You never look at me from the place from which I see you." "Among Within and ... Sculpture Center. Spring 2012. "A Gay Bar Called Everywhere" The Kitchen. Group show. May 2011. "Dance as Blood Sport: ... Movement Research. March, 2013. (2010-2012 Artist in Residence) "Coda" at the show, "You never look at me from the place from ...
Adji Bousso Dieng
"PhD Fellowship Award recipients". Google Research. Retrieved 2020-12-27. "Institute for African Development , Einaudi Center". ... Her research bridges probabilistic graphical models and deep learning to discover meaningful structure from unlabelled data. ... Dieng is currently working at Google Brain as a Research Scientist in Artificial Intelligence (AI). Prior to her work at Google ... She is currently an Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist at Google Brain in Mountain View, California. In 2021, she will ...
... and construction of the Seafood Consumer Research Center in Astoria and the Fort Clatsop Memorial Visitors Center. Working ... "Research center". Ellensburg Daily Record. June 10, 1987. Archived from the original on January 26, 2013. Retrieved October 8, ... In addition to blocking offshore oil exploration, AuCoin prevented mining in the center of Oregon's Three Sisters Wilderness ... AuCoin turned accusations of undue influence back on Lonsdale, pointing out that his company (Bend Research) had received ...
"Economists' Pick , HKTDC Research". economists-pick-research.hktdc.com. "broadbandmag.co.uk/3G grinds to a start". Archived ... Press Center , NTT DOCOMO Global". Nttdocomo.com. 9 November 1999. Archived from the original on 6 February 2012. Retrieved 30 ... The 3G (UMTS and CDMA2000) research and development projects started in 1992. In 1999, ITU approved five radio interfaces for ... 3G technology was the result of research and development work carried out by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in ...
Gender bias in medical diagnosis
Medical research is slow to move into the practice stage, so even as more research is done on bias against women and how to ... Dusheck J. "Women's immune system genes operate differently from men's". News Center. Stanford Medicine. Retrieved 2019-10-23. ... but female subjects in research are largely still underrepresented in specific areas of medical research, like cardiovascular ... Research that was done on diseases that affected women more were less funded than those diseases that affected men and women ...
Plant Research International, a department of the Wageningen University and Research Centre in the Netherlands, maintains an ... The Center for Sustainable Energy Farming (CfSEF) is a Los Angeles-based non-profit research organization dedicated to Jatropha ... "Microbes Produce Fuels Directly from Biomass". News Center. 2010-01-27. Retrieved 30 May 2015. "Faculty & Research". Retrieved ... Plant Research International (2012-03-08). "JATROPT (Jatropha curcas): Applied and technical research into plant properties". ...
"Major Milestones in Alzheimer's and Brain Research". Alzheimer's Association , Research Center. Retrieved 2017-11-21. Official ... "Alzheimer's and Brain Research Center , Alzheimer's Association". www.alz.org. Retrieved 2017-11-21. Krebs, Albin (May 16, 1987 ... "Alzheimer's Association International Conference , AAIC". Alzheimer's Association , Research Center. Archived from the original ... The AAIC is held annually and is the world's only largest forum for sharing research regarding the dementia research community ...
Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative
"World Wide Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative". Alzheimer's Association , Research Center. Archived from the original ... 6th Cooperative Meeting of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers in the Americas Committee for Treatment and Research ... Table 2 One defining characteristic of ADNI is the commitment by all participating research groups to share ownership of the ... ADNI has developed standardized protocols that allow results from multiple centers both within the study and worldwide to be ...
Mass media in the United Kingdom
"Courses and Training". Research Center. University of Salford. Retrieved 25 July 2013. D. William, UK Cities: A Look at Life ... The University of Salford also has a media campus and research center based at media city. The United Kingdom is known for its ... Notable centres include Fleet Street and BBC Broadcasting House. Specialist local paper City A.M. is a free, business-focused ... Euromedia Research Group; Mary Kelly; et al., eds. (2004). "United Kingdom". Media in Europe (3rd ed.). Sage Publications. ISBN ...
... Gediminas Technical University has three research centres in the Sunrise Valley: Civil Engineering Research Centre, ... Competence Centre of Intermodal Transport and Logistics. Lithuanian Social Research Centre (Lithuanian: Lietuvos socialinių ... which provides assistance to companies operating in research and development field. Laser Research Centre of Vilnius University ... "Research Centres". vgtu.lt. Retrieved 25 September 2019. "About LSRC". lstc.lt. Retrieved 2 October 2019. "R&D areas". ...
Record Research. ASIN B0006VV23M. Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga: "Nature Boy" on YouTube. ... Shurtleff, William; Aoyagi, Akiko (2010). History of Soybeans and Soyfoods in Africa (1857-2009). Soyinfo Center. ISBN ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Lincoln Center". Lincoln Center. Retrieved 2017-01-12. CS1 maint: discouraged ... parameter (link) Dance, Carla Escoda; theatre; Critic, Arts; dancer, based in San Francisco Former; Scientist, Research; ...
Gale Research. ISBN 9780787601546. Piau 2013. Mossman 2008, p. 199. Clark 2008, p. 225. Clark 2008, p. 226. Metz 2007. Mossman ... The Center. 1993. Brakeman, Lynne (1997). Chronology of Women Worldwide: People, Places & Events that Shaped Women's History. ...
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
"Research Center". Research.culturalequity.org. Retrieved 4 July 2018. Brackett, David (2012). "Preaching Blues". Black Music ... Research Journal. 32 (1): 128. doi:10.5406/blacmusiresej.32.1.0113. S2CID 201782128. Wald, Elijah (3 August 2010). The Blues: A ...
The college's Harward Center is its main research entity for community-based research and offers fellowships to students. ... and R&D stipends for research. The college spent $1,584,000 in 2014 on research and development. The Bates Student Research ... The center houses the departments of Art and Music, and was given to Bates by the F. W. Olin Foundation in 1986. The center has ... "Community-Engaged Research , Harward Center , Bates College". www.bates.edu. Retrieved August 11, 2018. "Economics department ...
Social media in the 2012 United States presidential election
Pew Research Center. 2009-04-15. Retrieved 2019-05-24. "McCain vs. Obama on the Web". Pew Research Center. 2008-09-15. ... Pew Research Center. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2019-05-23. "The State of the 2012 Election - Mobile Politics". Pew Research Center ... Pew Research Center. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2019-05-24. "Social Media and Voting". Pew Research Center. 2012-11-06. Retrieved ... research done by Pew Research Centre shows that the overall use of social media to convince others to vote or promote ...
Pew Research Center. 2016-10-16. "The most and least educated U.S. religious group". Pew Research Center. 2016-10-16. Sztompka ... According to a 2014 study by the Pew Research Center, Episcopalians ranked as the third most financially successful religious ... Metaphysics Research Lab, CSLI, Stanford University. Retrieved 21 August 2011. B.DRUMMOND AYRES Jr. (2011-12-19). "THE ... Protestant values encouraged scientific research by allowing science to study God's influence on the world and thus providing a ...
"Pew Research Center". www.influencewatch.org. Retrieved 16 January 2020. "News Coverage Index Methodology". Pew Research ... a research organization that studies the news media and is part of the Pew Research Center in Washington, D.C. His first novel ... In 2006 PEJ separated from Columbia and became part of Pew Research Center, funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts, a private ... "Goldsmith Book Prize - Shorenstein Center". Archived from the original on 16 February 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2016. "Previous ...
Politicization of science
Pew Research Center. 13 February 2020. Archived from the original on 16 January 2021. Milman, Oliver (23 November 2016). "Trump ... In the Soviet Union, scientific research was under strict political control. A number of research areas were declared " ... The level of support for Eugenics research by the Nazis prompted an American Eugenics advocate to seek an expansion of the ... Denying the case against tobacco was "closed," they called for more research as a tactic to delay regulation. John Horgan, ...
Mass shootings in the United States
ISBN 978-1-4408-3653-4. "Criminology Professor to CNN's Tapper: Mass Shootings Aren't an 'Epidemic'". Media Research Center. ... According to the Center for Inquiry, mass shootings of family members (the most common) are usually carried out by White, ... When one occurs another is likely to follow, according to research by the Violence Project. According to The New York Times, ... In 2015, the Congressional Research Service does not define a mass shooting but does define a public mass shooting-for the ...
Islam in Kazakhstan
Pew Research Center. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 22 October 2017. "Central Asia: Kazakhstan. The World Factbook". Retrieved 2019- ...
Apostasy in Islam by country
Pew Research Center. Retrieved 5 January 2021. "A new estimate of the U.S. Muslim population". Pew Research Center. 6 January ... Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project: Algeria Archived 16 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Pew Research ... A 2010 Pew Research Center poll showed that 84% of Egyptian Muslims believe those who leave Islam should be punished by death. ... Play media According to Pew Research Center estimate in 2017, there were about 3.5 million Muslims living in the United States ...
An engineer's "Stove Camp" has been hosted annually since 1999 by Aprovecho Research Center (Oregon, US) with the intent of ... "Design Principles For Wood Burning Cookstoves" (PDF). Aprovecho Research Center. Archived (PDF) from the original on January 4 ... "Design Principles For Wood Burning Cookstoves" (PDF). Aprovecho Research Center. Archived (PDF) from the original on January 4 ... continue to research and promote improved cook stove designs. A focus on research and development on improved heating stoves is ...
Islam in India
"Global Terrorism Research Centre (GTReC)" (PDF). Retrieved 6 May 2015. Introduction, A Historical Overview of Islam in South ... "World Muslim Population by Country". Pew Research Center. 17 November 2017. "Muslim Population in India - Muslims in Indian ... a stem cell scientist and director of Deccan College of Medical Sciences and Center for Liver Research and Diagnostics, ... A research regarding the comparison of Y chromosomes of Indian Muslims with other Indian groups was published in 2005. In this ...
Religion in India
"5 facts about religion in India". Pew Research Center. 29 June 2018. Retrieved 15 February 2019. Pg 80,81 The sacred and the ... ISBN 978-81-803-8918-4. Samirah Majumdar, "5 Facts About Religion in India", Pew Research Center, June 29, 2018 Thomas, Maria ... "10 Countries With the Largest Muslim Populations, 2010 and 2050". Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project. 2 April ... The Pew Research Center for the People and the Press. 19 December 2002. Retrieved 3 June 2007. "Religious Life". Religions of ...
Other research projects are listed on the Networks & agents Network (NaN) website. "Center for Complex Networks and Systems ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Homepage of Filippo Menczer". Center for Complex Networks and Systems Research. ... a senior research fellow of the Kinsey Institute, and a fellow of the Center for Computer-Mediated Communication, and a former ... Pew Research Center. Retrieved 18 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Gershgorn, Dave (December 21, 2016). " ...
Glenmary Research Center. Retrieved December 16, 2009. "An Introduction to Old Order and Conservative Mennonite Groups", ... Additionally, there is the registered charity, The Mennonite Trust (formerly known as "London Mennonite Centre"), which seeks ...
Muslim Americans: Middle Class and Mostly Mainstream (Technical report). Pew Research Center. May 22, 2007. Archived from the ... "Demographic portrait of Muslim Americans". Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project. July 26, 2017. Retrieved June ... Pew Research Center. Retrieved May 16, 2019. Sacirbey, Omar (September 11, 2001). "When Unity is Long Overdue". Beliefnet.com. ... Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project. January 30, 2009. Retrieved November 2, 2019. " ...
Before joining Tyson Research Center at Washington University in St. Louis, she worked as a Post-doctoral Research Assistant at ... "People". Tyson Research Center. Retrieved 2019-12-17. "Researchers find St. Louis-area mosquito species adapting to winter". ... Kim Medley is an American environmental scientist and the director of Tyson Research Center at Washington University in St. ... 2012-UCF College of Sciences and Excellence in Graduate Research Award. She further explored this topic and continued her study ...
Bièrra - Wikipèdia
Research and Markets , Beer: Global Industry Guide, consultat lo 23 de març de 2017, . ... Aquò permetèt de concebre la fermentacion bassa (entre 9° e 22°C ). Alemanha venguèt alora lo centre de la bièrra e de guildas ...
Ariosa v. Sequenom
Patent Publius, Federal Circuit Threatens Innovation: Dissecting the Ariosa v. Sequenom Opinion Center for the Protection of ... Would companies find that scope of protection sufficient to justify investment in research and development? ... and Diagnostics Center, Inc.. threatening each of them with patent infringement suits. They responded by filing declaratory ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
The programme runs from 2014-20 and provides an estimated €80 billion of funding, an increase of 23 per cent on the ... Specific Targeted Research Projects (STReP) *Medium-sized research projects funded by the European Commission in the FP6 and ... An NoE project should not strictly be considered as a research project, since its aim is not to conduct research, but rather to ... Conducting European research policies and implementing European research programmes is an obligation under the Amsterdam Treaty ...
Commander Operations (Royal Navy)
Signals Research and Development Establishment. *Director-General Research Electronics *Services Electronics Research ... Commando Training Centre Royal Marines. *Defence Academy of the United Kingdom. *HMS Raleigh ... Office of the Chief Scientist (Royal Navy) also Deputy Controller Research and Development Establishments, and Research A * ... Department of Material Research (Naval). *Director-General Establishments, Resources and Programmes A *Admiralty Engineering ...
Find this book at Copyright Clearance Center online rights database. * Find this book at the Universal Digital Library (or .cn ... Find this book on the Triangle Research Library Network (Duke University, North Carolina State University, and University of ... Find this book in the Amon Carter Museum of American Art Research Library Catalog (Fort Worth, Texas) ... Find this book in the Duke University library catalog (Also see 'Triangle Research Library Network,' below.) ...
In the very first years of life the sutures serve as the most important centers of growth in the skull. The growth of the ... Several research groups have found evidence that these environmental factors are responsible for an increase in the risk of ... The evaluation of a child suspected to have craniosynostosis is preferentially performed in a craniofacial center. The three ... Birth Defects Research. Part A, Clinical and Molecular Teratology. 82 (2): 78-85. doi:10.1002/bdra.20426. PMID 18050313.. ...
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
Environmental Resource Center for Higher Education. *Pesticide Use and Water Quality: Are the Laws Complementary or in Conflict ... On April 22, 2016, the Office of Inspector General issued a memorandum announcing its intent to begin preliminary research to ... as wartime research and development produced many chemicals with newly discovered insecticidal properties. Widespread usage ...
Filoviridae - Vicipaedia
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). "Bioterrorism Agents/Diseases" *↑ The Australia Group. "List of Biological ... "scientific resources for research on filoviruses Receptum de "https://la.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Filoviridae&oldid= ... US Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). "National Select ...
"Center for Research in Water Resources, The University of Texas at Austin. Archived from the original on February 4, 2007. ... "BNC Facilities: Nature Center Overview". Friends of the Baytown Nature Center. Archived from the original on June 8, 2009. ... Harris County Hospital District operates the Baytown Health Center in Baytown. The center opened on February 14, 1967. ... a career center, and two alternative centers for education. The district serves all of Baytown, Highlands, outlying areas of ...
T细胞 - 维基百科，自由的百科全书
Veterinary Research. June 2018, 49 (1): 50. PMC 6006750. PMID 29914540. doi:10.1186/s13567-018-0543-9 （英语）.. ... The Center for Modeling Immunity to Enteric Pathogens (MIEP). *. Anthony J. Davies. The tale of T cells. Immunology Today: 137- ... Cancer Research. February 2012, 72 (4): 917-27. PMC 3288154. PMID 22186141. doi:10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-11-1620.. ... The Journal of Surgical Research. February 2017, 208: 33-39. PMC 5535083. PMID 27993215. doi:10.1016/j.jss.2016.08.099.. ...
Železov(III) klorid - Wikipedija, prosta enciklopedija
Thrombosis Research 118 (2): 275-280. doi: 10.1016/j.thromres.2005.09.004. PMID 16243382. ... Brezvodni FeCl3 ima oktaedrične Fe(III) centre, ki so med seboj povezani z dvema koordinatnima kloridnima ligandoma. ...
Centre, UNESCO World Heritage. "The Augustów Canal (Kanal Augustowski) - UNESCO World Heritage Centre". whc.unesco.org. ... Zbigniew Pruszaka; Elżbieta Zawadzka (2008). "Potential Implications of Sea-Level Rise for Poland". Journal of Coastal Research ... Kraków and Wiślica were their main centers. Many Polish legends are connected with the Vistula and the beginnings of Polish ... The Vistula can be divided into three parts: upper, from its sources to Sandomierz; center, from Sandomierz to the confluences ...
The show centers on three three-inch-tall extraterrestrials called Floogals who have come to Earth to study its inhabitants. ... Once their study is done, they pass their research to the base on their home planet. After the report is sent, if it is liked, ... the floogals receive a sticker each featuring the object they have just researched. ...
Type 2 diabetes
"Twin Research and Human Genetics. 18 (6): 762-771. doi:10.1017/thg.2015.83. ISSN 1832-4274. PMID 26678054.. ... Centers for Disease Control (Endocrine pathology). *ADA's Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes 2019 ... "Progress in Lipid Research. 48 (1): 44-51. doi:10.1016/j.plipres.2008.10.002. PMC 2654180. PMID 19032965.. ... "Journal of Biomedical Research. 29 (2): 105-11. doi:10.7555/JBR.29.20140127. PMC 4389109. PMID 25859264.. ...
Kimblaeus bassensis - Viquipèdia, l'enciclopèdia lliure
Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, núm. 1, vol. 1-3. California Academy of Sciences. ... Indo-Pacific pipefishes (Red Sea to the Americas). The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory Ocean Springs, Mississipí, Estats Units. ... NOAA\National Oceanographic Data Center. NODC Coral Reef Data and Information Management System. Estats Units. 537 p. ...
Nucleic Acids Research. . 40, Nr. 12, Juli 2012, S. 5523-34. doi:10.1093/nar/gks215. PMID 22396526. PMC 3384331 (freier ... ICTV-Datenbank am National Centre for Biotechnology Information. *Taxonomy-Browser „Viren" des NCBI ...
Some research, such as that conducted by the Australian Centre for Industrial Relations Research and Training, argues that ... "Australian Centre for Industrial Relations Research and Training report" (PDF). Acirrt.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on ... "Hatheway Labour Exhibit Center. Retrieved 6 May 2017.. *^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 27 July 2013. ... Recent historical research by Bob James in Craft, Trade or Mystery (2001) puts forward the view that trade unions are part of a ...
Liquefied natural gas
An alternative fuelling centre tracking site shows 84 public truck LNG fuel centres as of Dec 2016. It is possible for ... Research from Global Energy Monitor in 2019 warned that up to US$1.3 trillion in new LNG export and import infrastructure ... However, over the next 15 years new research on low-temperature alloys, and better insulation materials, set the stage for a ... burning natural gas produces about 30 percent less carbon dioxide than burning petroleum and about 45 per cent less than ...
"SNS - Nordic Forest Research Co-operation Committee. Retrieved 31 October 2012.. *^ a b c d "Are Europe's ash trees finished?" ... Teams from The Sainsbury Laboratory (TSL) and the John Innes Centre in Norwich sequenced the genome of the fungus in December ... "Forest Research. 7 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.. *^ a b "Ash dieback present in Co. Leitrim - statutory and voluntary ... Information pertaining to ash-dieback (Chalara fraxinea) work at Fera, Food and Environment Research Agency ...
a b Lange, C. M. & Sletten, S. J. (2002, February). Alternative education: A brief history and research synthesis (Project ... Patapsco High School and Center for the Arts in Baltimore specializes in performing and visual arts, including theatre and ... Learning Centers, Fundamental Schools, and Magnet Schools. "These schools were characterized by parent, student, and teacher ... "center", such as Skyline High School in Dallas. ...
She is a fellow of the Hastings Center, an independent bioethics research institution. She now lives in Oakland, CA, with her ... The Hastings Center Hastings Center Fellows. Accessed November 6, 2010 Steinbock, Bonnie (1992). Life Before Birth. New York: ... These chapters discuss abortion, the legal status of the fetus, maternal-fetal conflict, fetal research, and embryo research. ...
"Food web theory centers around the idea of connectance.":1648 Quantitative formulas simplify the complexity of food web ... Nonetheless, recent research has found that discrete trophic levels do exist, but "above the herbivore trophic level, food webs ... World Conservation Monitoring Centre, United Nations Environment Programme. ISBN 0-520-23668-8.. ... Microcosm studies are used to simplify food web research into semi-isolated units such as small springs, decaying logs, and ...
Pirej - Wikipedija, prosta enciklopedija
Pirej je največji pomorski ladijski center Grčije, je pa tudi trgovinsko središče grškega ladijskega prometa. Večina lastnikov ... grščina). National Hellenic Research Foundation. Pridobljeno dne 2009-09-27.. *↑ Warner & Finley 1972, str. 152 ... ladij Grčije ima tukaj svoj poslovni center, osredotočen na ulici Akti Miauli. Kot gostitelj grškega ladijskega prometa je ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
A learning center which is open to the regiment and the public ... research vessels, and other types of vessels. ... the Dean and Barbara White Admissions Center at USMMA is named in his honor; inducted into USMMA Hall of Distinguished ...
In the US increasing the funding for research on alternative medicine is the purpose of the US National Center for ... Use of health and research resources. Research into alternative therapies has been criticized for "...diverting research time, ... Research into alternative therapies often fails to follow proper research protocols (such as placebo-controlled trials, blind ... Some have proposed adopting a prize system to reward medical research. However, public funding for research exists. ...
List of medical colleges in India
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kochi. *Azeezia Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Meeyyannoor ... Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre. Kerala. Government Medical Colleges. *Government Medical College ... S Nijalingappa Medical College, HSK (Hanagal Shree Kumareshwar) Hospital and Research Centre ... Maharashtra Institute of Medical Science and Research, Latur. *Maharashtra Institute of Medical Education and Research (MIMER ...
... in biological researchEdit. MicrocentrifugesEdit. Microcentrifuges are used to process small volumes of ... where g represents the respective force of the centrifuge and r the radius from the center of the rotor to a point in the ... Cole, J.L., Hansen, J.C. Analytical Ultracentrifugation as a Contemporary Biomolecular Research Tool. Methods and Reviews, 1999 ... Separation of urine components and blood components in forensic and research laboratories ...
Αμινά Γκουρίμπ - Βικιπαίδεια
Σήμερα η Γκουρίμπ είναι διευθύντρια του Ερευνητικού Κέντρου CIDP Research & Innovation (πρώην ονομασία Cephyr, Centre for ... non L.)». Journal of Essential Oil Research. doi:10.1080/10412905.1996.9700689. *Gurib-Fakim, A.; Sewraj, M.; J., Gueho; Dulloo ... rodriguesensis Wickens». Journal of Essential Oil Research. doi:10.1080/10412905.1994.9698443. *Gurib-Fakim, A.; Sewraj, M.; ... and P. viscosa (Lam.) A. J. Scott of the Asteraceae Family». Journal of Essential Oil Research. doi:10.1080/10412905.1995. ...
... judicial and religious centre of Marsh Arabic life. The mudhif is used as a place to settle disputes, to carry out diplomacy ... Sigrid Westphal Hellbusch and her husband Heinz Westphal wrote a comprehensive study on the Madan based on research and ...
Taipei Veterans General Hospital
... and epilepsy research and patient care of the nation. 3. Established National PET/Cyclotron Center (first in Taiwan and second ... 1996) 4. Established the Laminar Air Flow Room and the Bone Marrow Transplantation Center. (1995) The hospital is accessible ... is a national first class medical center and a teaching hospital which provides tertiary patient care, undergraduate medical ...
Vitiligo Clinic and Research Center | UMass Medical School Worcester
... as well as research into better treatments and, ultimately, a cure ... The Vitiligo Clinic and Research Center is focused on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with vitiligo, ... Vitiligo Clinic and Research Center - focusing on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Vitiligo while working for a Cure. ... Ambulatory Care Center • 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01545 Questions or Comments? Email: [email protected] Phone ...
NORC at the University of Chicago | Insight for Informed Decisions | NORC.org
UCLA Center for Health Policy Research
Kathryn Kietzman is a research scientist at the Center and lead author of a new study about the need for mental health services ... UCLA Center for Health Policy Research Building Knowledge. Informing Policy. Improving Health. *Impact ... UCLA Center for Health Policy Research. 10960 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1550. Los Angeles, CA 90024. ... Health Economics & Evaluation Research. The Health Economics and Evaluation Research (HEER) Program examines the economic ...
Isotope Biogeochemistry - Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research
Centre for Chemical Microscopy. In our research we are developing new isotope and microscopy techniques for the investigation ... His research examines many questions in hydrology, geology, microbiology and environmental chemistry. He founded the technology ... electron and fluorescence microscopy for correlative microscopy and will underpin research in environmental and biosciences and ... platform "ProVIS - Centre for Chemical Microscopy at the UFZ" for the visualisation of biochemical processes at cellular level ...
ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders (CCD)
New Faculty Research Centre for Scaffolding the Ageing Mind announced. CCD member, Dr Celia Harris, to lead Centre of research ... Research Feature: What is the easiest language to learn?. Dr Nan Xu Rattanasone, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, ARC Centre of ... Research at CCD. The mission of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders (CCD) is to coordinate and conduct ... The ARC Centre of Excellence offers unique opportunities for interdisciplinary and international collaborative research in the ...
Disability Research Center - Research, Fellowships and Dissemination | Birth Defects, Disability, and Blood Disorders | CDC...
... is focused on expanding NCBDDDs capacity to conduct research that prevents birth defects and promotes the health and well ... Disability Research Center. Research, Fellowships and Dissemination , Birth Defects, Disability, and Blood Disorders , CDC ... It is the intent of the Disability Research and Dissemination Center to expand NCBDDDs capacity to conduct research that ... Research. Offering research opportunities through RFAs designed in collaboration with the NCBDDD and research support for ...
Cancer | Spartanburg Regional
Gibbs Cancer Center - Pelham Watch a live cam of the construction at the expanding Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute at ... At Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, we provide you with the friendliness and warmth of a community hospital and the ... Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute offers a formalized second opinion clinic, in which a team of cancer specialists and ... Located in the lobby of Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, That Special Look offers convenience and compassion to women ...
VPZ Research Center
Collection: Nature Research Center
CPU Research Center - Wikipedia
CPU Research Center (officially, Central Philippine University Research Center or University Research Center), is one of the ... Since the research centers separation from the CPU Outreach Center, each center works towards strengthening the research and ... Research Program in the country; it was the lone awardee from Region 6. In 2006, the Center, along with other research centers ... Eight years after the research office was created, the Research Center gained ground in creating a strong research culture in ...
Sequoyah Research Center - Wikipedia
The Sequoyah National Research Center (SNRC), located in Little Rock, Arkansas, is home of the American Native Press Archives ( ... The name "Sequoyah Research Center", comes from Sequoyah, a Cherokee silversmith and inventor of that tribes syllabary. ... The Center is also home to the J.W. Wiggins Native American Art Collection, a collection of over 2400 pieces of art by ... The SRC is the physical housing, educational, and research portion of ANPA, and ANPA is usually just referred to as "SRC". The ...
RDC - Research Data Center Homepage
Research Data Center (RDC). The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) operates the Research Data Center (RDC) to allow ... Research Data Center. 3311 Toledo Road 5583. Hyattsville, MD 20782. [email protected] ... National Center for Health Statistics. *U.S. Census Bureau, Center for Economic StudiesExternal. ... Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC twenty four seven. Saving Lives, Protecting People ...
EDUCATION - Center for Cardiovascular Research
This is the new website for the Center for Cardiovascular Research at the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM). Faculty of ... The Center for Cardiovascular Research has an educational program aimed to train new researchers, create resources for medical ... We partner with the Area Health Education Center and other JABSOM partners to expose students to researchers, their research, ... While we hope to spark interest medical students in cardiology research, we are also providing a useful resource to beginning ...
Cores - Center for Cardiovascular Research
DEC Systems Research Center - Wikipedia
The Systems Research Center (SRC) was a research laboratory created by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) in 1984, in Palo ... Western Research Laboratory and Systems Research Center. Among the researchers at SRC, there are Butler Lampson, Chuck Thacker ... It was renamed to "Compaq Systems Research Center". When Compaq was acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2002, SRC was merged with ... Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=DEC_Systems_Research_Center&oldid=917959432" ...
Methods | Pew Research Center
About Pew Research Center Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes ... Get Pew Research Center data by email. 1615 L St. NW, Suite 800 Washington, DC 20036 USA (+1) 202-419-4300 , Main (+1) 202-419- ... media content analysis and other empirical social science research. Pew Research Center does not take policy positions. It is a ... The results in this report are based on data from telephone interviews conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates ...
Email | Pew Research Center
About Pew Research Center Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes ... media content analysis and other empirical social science research. Pew Research Center does not take policy positions. It is a ... It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, ...
Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
... in affiliation with the UW Memory and Brain Wellness Center. ... The UW Alzheimers Disease Research Center seeks to advance ... research in genetic risk, develop neuroimaging biomarkers for preclinical detection, and discover novel treatment strategies, ... Alzheimers Disease Research Center - University of Washington An NIH-funded research resource center, associated with the UW ... Martin, the founder of the UW Alzheimers Disease Research Center. At age 90, he still studies the mechanisms of brain aging ...
Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
... in affiliation with the UW Memory and Brain Wellness Center. ... The UW Alzheimers Disease Research Center seeks to advance ... research in genetic risk, develop neuroimaging biomarkers for preclinical detection, and discover novel treatment strategies, ... Alzheimers Disease Research Center - University of Washington An NIH-funded research resource center, associated with the UW ... The UW Alzheimers Disease Research Center (ADRC) is one of a nationwide network of 30 research resource centers funded by the ...
Vaccines - India Research Center
Tests are first done in research labs, and then if the vaccine looks effective and safe, researchers can apply to do clinical ... The vaccine process is happening faster because vaccine research and development, clinical trials, manufacturing, and plans for ... with the help of the Health Communication Core of Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC). These are not the official views ... the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other trusted sources. Some of this language is used word for ...
Clinical Research | Amyloidosis Center
Webinars - India Research Center
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health - India Research Center and Project SANCHAR, in collaboration with the Centre for ... Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health - India Research Center, in collaboration with Project SANCHAR and Google Research ... The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health - India Research Center and Project SANCHAR, are co-hosting a webinar series ... Listen in to this webinar co-hosted by The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health - India Research Center and Project ...
Yerkes National Primate Research Center - Wikipedia
California National Primate Research Center Oregon National Primate Research Center The Mind of an Ape Herpes B Virus Yerkish ... The Yerkes National Primate Research Center in Atlanta, Georgia, is one of seven national primate research centers funded by ... The Living Links Center is a part of the Yerkes National Primate Research Center run by primatologist Frans De Waal. Located at ... Yerkes Center research assistant Elizabeth Griffin became the first work-related death in the centers history on December 10, ...
Cancer treatment and research center | IBM
... and accelerates the progress of vital cancer research work. ... This cancer treatment and research center has digitized decades ... Cancer treatment and research center. This cancer treatment and research center has digitized decades of patient records using ... To drive top-quality care and research, this cancer center needs fast insight into huge volumes of patient data-a difficult ... teams can work more efficiently to deliver better care for cancer patients and accelerate vital research that can potentially ...
FDIC Center For Financial Research
Home , Industry Analysis , Research & Analysis , Center for Financial Research. Center for Financial Research. Mark Kutzbach. ... in the Financial Modeling and Research Section of the Center for Financial Research in the Division of Insurance and Research. ... He joined the FDIC in April 2017 after working at the U.S. Census Bureau in the Center for Economic Studies since 2009. He ... His research interests include banking, urban, labor, and transportation economics as well as data linkage and confidentiality ...
Events | BioMolecular Engineering Research Center
By hosting a diverse set of speakers, we are able to support the local scientific community and foster interdisciplinary collaborations. Our seminars encompass the theory, development and applications of computational methods from leaders of both academics and industry. These well attended events are open to the public and cater towards graduate students, post docs and faculty.. ...
National primate research centersWorld's foremostTranslationalDisease Control and PreventionMultidisciplinaryResearchers2019SearchPreventionAlzheimer'sCancer CenterFocusesScientists2017Interdisciplinary researchBiomedical research1998India Research CenterCCRCConductsCenter'sDepartmentsCollaborativeClimateBehavioralNeuroscience centerConductCollaborationContentMainInstitutesPracticeCSUSMImaging Research CenterOHSUExaminesBreaking newsScienceProfessorCognitiveLabsSenior Financial EconomistSupport2016HealthHealthcareCaliforniaClinical trialsOutreachDiagnosis and TreatmentOverviewsPatientsLaboratoriesAdvancesNBERFaculty CenterIncludeMethodsDementiaPrograms
National primate research centers1
- The Yerkes National Primate Research Center in Atlanta, Georgia, is one of seven national primate research centers funded by the National Institutes of Health. (wikipedia.org)
- Hackers broke into the electronic files of one of the world's foremost climate research centers this week and posted an array of e-mails in which prominent scientists engaged in a blunt discussion of global warming research and disparaged climate-change skeptics. (washingtonpost.com)
- The Smithsonian is one of the world's foremost research centers in science, the arts, and the humanities. (si.edu)
- The model for medical research going forward is going to be team-based, translational research - combining basic scientists with physician scientists," Means said. (etsu.edu)
- Means, who has a long track record as a federally funded investigator, was involved with a similar translational science center at the University of Kentucky prior to taking on his role as an ETSU dean earlier this year. (etsu.edu)
- CRF's unique model of collaboration speaks to its primary mission of supporting interdisciplinary and translational research activities on-campus. (umass.edu)
- Dr. Christine Durand, assistant professor of medicine and oncology and member of the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, is involved in clinical and translational research focused on individuals infected with HIV and hepatitis C virus who require cancer and transplant therapies. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- I aim to pursue an MD/PhD dual degree through the NIH's Medical Scientist Training Program and work toward a career in performing clinical and translational research. (uiowa.edu)
- It brings together basic science, engineering, computer science and translational/clinical research to achieve its goals of evaluating and treating disorders of the nervous system and developing new innovative technologies to restore lost function. (brown.edu)
- I do so in a translational research program that uses both behavioral and physiological measures in human and mouse models of maternal depression. (csusm.edu)
- Research is being conducted across many disciplines in basic biomedical science, translational and clinical research, behavior and social studies, and health services delivery. (umich.edu)
- Translational research links basic and clinical investigations on aging and common health problems of older adults. (umich.edu)
- The lab's current research focus is to find or support efforts to solve problems relevant to genomic medicine by developing, both independently and collaboratively, new algorithms, tools and methodologies in translational bioinformatics. (cincinnatichildrens.org)
- The goal of his research is to develop new translational treatment options for these populations. (cincinnatichildrens.org)
- Welcome to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's Center for Aging and Translational Research! (uwm.edu)
Disease Control and Prevention2
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) cannot attest to the accuracy of a non-federal website. (cdc.gov)
- This page provides information about what scientists do and do not know yet about the vaccines, drawing from the World Health Organization , the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India , the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , and other trusted sources. (harvard.edu)
- Multidisciplinary medical research at the Yerkes research center is primarily aimed at development of vaccines and medical treatments. (wikipedia.org)
- The Tennessee Board of Regents, on June 30, approved the university's proposal to create the multidisciplinary research center for the study of inflammation, infectious disease and immunity. (etsu.edu)
- Multidisciplinary, or interprofessional, research and education are the wave of the future in health science fields, according to Dr. Robert Means, dean of the College of Medicine. (etsu.edu)
- The National Institutes of Health emphasizes multidisciplinary research," said center co-director Dr. Jonathan Moorman, a professor of medicine at ETSU and section chief for infectious diseases at the Quillen VA Medical Center. (etsu.edu)
- There are a lot of multidisciplinary centers in the state, but very few are biomedically oriented," he explained. (etsu.edu)
- Both Williams and Moorman trained in similar multidisciplinary research centers and have continued to focus on collaborative and interdisciplinary research in their respective careers. (etsu.edu)
- Located on the La Jolla campus, the Dorris Neuroscience Center leverages the tradition of Scripps Research as a multidisciplinary institute bringing biological, biophysical, and chemical approaches to the study of the nervous system. (scripps.edu)
- The multidisciplinary approach of this group of scientists and their interaction with other researchers at the La Jolla and Jupiter campuses of Scripps Research will help this group lead the way in our increasing understanding of brain function and revealing novel strategies and targets for the treatment of nervous system disorders. (scripps.edu)
- The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) operates the Research Data Center (RDC) to allow researchers access to restricted-use data. (cdc.gov)
- For access to the restricted-use data, researchers must submit a research proposal outlining the need for restricted-use data. (cdc.gov)
- The Center for Cardiovascular Research has an educational program aimed to train new researchers, create resources for medical students, and reach out to the community. (google.com)
- We partner with the Area Health Education Center and other JABSOM partners to expose students to researchers, their research, and the hands-on techniques and facilities they use. (google.com)
- Using our researchers and high-tech facilities, we have trained 70 of Hawaii's best science teachers and exposed them to some of the most cutting-edge molecular biology research performed in our labs. (google.com)
- AltaVista was jointly developed by researchers from DEC's Network Systems Laboratory, Western Research Laboratory and Systems Research Center. (wikipedia.org)
- Tests are first done in research labs, and then if the vaccine looks effective and safe, researchers can apply to do clinical trials. (harvard.edu)
- The Research Technical Assistance Center (RTAC) is a global network of academic researchers, providing rapid and on-demand research expertise for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to promote evidence-based policies and programs. (iie.org)
- Human-wildlife conflicts, wildlife damage, nuisance and pest animals, wildlife disease, invasive species, overabundant wildlife, and overall ecosystem health are just some of the topics studied by researchers at the National Wildlife Research Center. (usda.gov)
- Cardiovascular Imaging Research Center (CIRC) @ MGH and HMS brings together a group of researchers that are using advanced cardiovascular imaging to improve patient health. (massgeneral.org)
- And our education programs train researchers, clinicians, fellows and students in the use of diagnostic imaging in research. (cincinnatichildrens.org)
- The Special Collections Research Center is open to students, faculty, visiting researchers, and the general public. (umich.edu)
- Our research center includes some of synthetic biology 's leading academic and industrial scientists and researchers. (synberc.org)
- She has collaborated with researchers and professors in the Center on several projects, including Affirmative Consent, Barriers of Help-seeking among University Students, and What is Justice. (uky.edu)
- She also collaborates with researchers in the College of Public Health to conduct mixed-methods community-based participatory research with local health departments, cooperative extension agents, and community health coalitions. (uky.edu)
- You will notice in this edition that we have highlighted a UC Davis researcher that collaborates with the MNRC, a lithium-ion battery research project, a Nuclear Science and Security Consortium (NSSC) Summer School that took place at the end of June, and a recent list of publications from researchers that collaborate with the MNRC. (constantcontact.com)
- General Hospital's new General Clinical Research Center will continue the hospital's research efforts of the last 30 years, but is now a designated ward which will help researchers have more control over their studies. (latimes.com)
- The new center is just feet away from the hospital's AIDS ward, which will enable researchers to more closely study drugs used in the treatment of the disease, said lab director Carole Spencer. (latimes.com)
- To ensure that the effort to find better treatments receives the focus it deserves, the Alzheimer's Association funds researchers looking at new treatment strategies and advocates for more federal funding of Alzheimer's research. (alz.org)
- In 2009 he founded the establishment of the Center for Health Promotion Research, a center that currently has 30-35 researchers through a wide range of research on health promotion among different groups and areas. (ntnu.no)
- The DRDC announces two (2) new research opportunities for the 2019 cycle. (disabilityresearchcenter.com)
- April 13, 2021 - Seattle-based biotech AltPep, which spun out of bioengineering professor Valerie Daggett's research lab in March 2019, has developed a platform that allows for both early diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's. (washington.edu)
- Today, June 13, 2019, center member Hanne Nissen Bjørnsen defended her doctoral thesis «Promoting Adolescent Mental Health - Positive Mental Health Literacy as a Concept and Working Strategy for School Health Services» at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. (ntnu.no)
- Use the search box to see research highlights from NIEHS scientists since its founding in 1966. (nih.gov)
- The Vaccine Research Center at Baylor College of Medicine promotes human health by developing effective methods for the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases through clinical and laboratory research and educational activities. (bcm.edu)
- Dr. Bonistall Postel's research focuses on sexual assault prevention on college campuses, with a specific focus on vulnerable populations such as international students and graduate students. (uky.edu)
- The Lyda Hill Cancer Prevention Center provides cancer risk assessment, screening and diagnostic services. (mdanderson.org)
- The mission of the Cardiology clinical research team is to eliminate cardiac complications arising from cancer treatment and to provide optimal management of pre-existing heart disease to ensure proper delivery of the most effective cancer treatment available through patient care, research, prevention, and education. (mdanderson.org)
- We are funded by the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) to carry out a clinical study to determine whether genetic markers can be used to predict patients' predisposition to develop doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity. (mdanderson.org)
- The UW Department of Pathology celebrated Dr. Martin, the founder of the UW Alzheimer's Disease Research Center. (washington.edu)
- Chef Madison Cowan wielded his star power to support Alzheimer's awareness and research and shared his tips for brain-healthy eating. (washington.edu)
- A local woman's family experience with Alzheimer's disease inspired her to fund and participate in a research study at UW Memory and Brain Wellness Center. (washington.edu)
- The UW Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (ADRC) is one of a nationwide network of 30 research resource centers funded by the National Institute on Aging. (washington.edu)
- The UW ADRC is closely affiliated with the UW Memory and Brain Wellness Center clinic and links the Seattle community with information and opportunities to participate in studies of Alzheimer's disease and related disorders (Lewy Body dementia, and frontotemporal degeneration, and vascular dementia). (washington.edu)
- Our busy outreach team is influential in promoting strengths-based reframing of Alzheimer's disease and dementia-friendly communities, and they organize and promote educational public talks and events and research seminars . (washington.edu)
- Because new drugs take years to produce from concept to market-and because drugs that seem promising in early-stage studies may not work as hoped in large-scale trials-it is critical that Alzheimer's and related dementias research continue to accelerate. (alz.org)
- Sign up for our weekly e-news and stay up-to-date on the latest advances in Alzheimer's treatments, care and research. (alz.org)
- Despite increasing momentum in Alzheimer's research, we still have two main obstacles to overcome. (alz.org)
- Volunteering to participate in a study is one of the greatest ways someone can help move Alzheimer's research forward. (alz.org)
- Investing in research now will cost our nation far less than the cost of care for the rising number of Americans who will be affected by Alzheimer's in coming decades. (alz.org)
- Research on new strategies for earlier diagnosis is among the most active areas in Alzheimer's science, and funding from the Alzheimer's Association has spurred significant advances and steady progress. (alz.org)
- At Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute we're making hope happen, together. (spartanburgregional.com)
- At Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, we provide you with the friendliness and warmth of a community hospital and the advanced level of care you'd expect from an academic medical center. (spartanburgregional.com)
- At Gibbs Cancer Center, we have everything in place to provide you with exceptional care. (spartanburgregional.com)
- Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute offers a formalized second opinion clinic, in which a team of cancer specialists and other medical professionals review and evaluate your treatment plan. (spartanburgregional.com)
- To drive top-quality care and research, this cancer center needs fast insight into huge volumes of patient data-a difficult task when working with paper records. (ibm.com)
- Local and regional collaborations with the University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston, Texas Children's Hospital, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, MD Anders;on Cancer Center, University of Texas McGovern Medical School, Kelsey Seybold Clinic and private practitioners. (bcm.edu)
- One of 20 research centers funded by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism , the Portland Alcohol Research Center (PARC) focuses on uncovering the genetics of how the brain adapts to alcohol. (ohsu.edu)
- While creativity has long been associated with the arts, much available research focuses on distinguishing the arts from other domains of creativity. (vanderbilt.edu)
- Research in the Mary Philogene Lab focuses on the field of histocompatibility and transplant immunology. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Research at the WFRC focuses on the environmental factors responsible for the creation, maintenance, and regulation of fish populations including their interactions in aquatic communities and ecosystems. (usgs.gov)
- The Systems Engineering Research Center focuses on working jointly with our partners in the aerospace and defense industries in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex to address and solve complex socio-technical problems. (uta.edu)
- Dr. Luban's research focuses on understanding host cell factors that contribute to HIV viral replication. (umassmed.edu)
- Steven A. Crone, PhD, focuses his research around understanding how neurons form functioning motor circuits during development and how the function (or dysfunction) of motor circuits impacts neurodegenerative diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and spinal muscular atrophy. (cincinnatichildrens.org)
- The PARC supports the coordinated research efforts of 15 scientists at the Portland Veteran Affairs Medical Center and Oregon Health & Science University in areas ranging from behavioral neuroscience to molecular biology. (ohsu.edu)
- Our team of physicians and scientists in the Comprehensive Transplant Center continue to make ground-breaking discoveries in the effectiveness and advancements of organ transplantation. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- The risk is low that scientists could pass coronavirus to North American bats during winter research, according to a new study led by the U.S. Geological Survey. (usgs.gov)
- NIEHS intramural scientists have defined descriptive terms of particular relevance to their own research, and have ranked those terms accordingly. (nih.gov)
- It is clear that some of the 'world's leading climate scientists,' as they are always described, are more dedicated to promoting the alarmist political agenda than in scientific research,' said Ebell, whose group is funded in part by energy companies. (washingtonpost.com)
- About 750 scientists and support personnel work at the center. (nsf.gov)
- Smithsonian Libraries is the most comprehensive museum library system in the world, supporting the vital research of the Smithsonian, as well as the work of scientists and scholars from around the world. (si.edu)
- A research team led by scientists from MD Anderson has shown that a targeted delivery combination selectively crosses the tight barrier that protects the brain. (mdanderson.org)
- California National Primate Research Center Oregon National Primate Research Center The Mind of an Ape Herpes B Virus Yerkish Google (7 July 2017). (wikipedia.org)
- He joined the FDIC in April 2017 after working at the U.S. Census Bureau in the Center for Economic Studies since 2009. (fdic.gov)
- She first worked with the Center in summer 2015 and returned again in May 2017. (uky.edu)
- The Department of Radiology's Imaging Research Center (IRC) is an interdisciplinary research laboratory that investigates medical imaging's role in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in children and young adults. (cincinnatichildrens.org)
- CPU Research Center (officially, Central Philippine University Research Center or University Research Center), is one of the research centers of Central Philippine University and an integral part of the University's Outreach Center, though it was created in June 1998 as a separate center. (wikipedia.org)
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration ultimately fined the center $105,300 in 1998 after a 19-week investigation. (wikipedia.org)
- The Crimes against Children Research Center was created in 1998 at the University of New Hampshire. (unh.edu)
India Research Center1
- The webinar was hosted by Dr. Ananya Awasthi , Assistant Director, Harvard Chan India Research Center. (harvard.edu)
- The CCRC is directed by David Finkelhor, who is also the Co-director of the Family Research Laboratory and Professor of Sociology at the University of New Hampshire. (unh.edu)
- The Chronic Disease Program conducts wide-ranging research on chronic conditions, including asthma, cancer, diabetes, obesity and coronary heart disease. (ucla.edu)
- NIOSH) conducts research to understand the potential effects on human health of exposure to engineered The Nanotechnology Research Center nanomaterials and develops methods to control or eliminate exposures. (cdc.gov)
- Its mission has changed from an information exchange to a research facility that collects and archives the products of the Native press and materials related to Native press history, collects and documents the works of Native writers, constructs bibliographic guides to Native writing and publishing, creates digital editions of writers' works, and conducts and publishes original research on topics of importance to Indian communities. (wikipedia.org)
- It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research. (pewinternet.org)
- Conducts basic research and outreach on the ecology, behavior, and evolution of tropical organisms and environments. (si.edu)
- Since the research center's separation from the CPU Outreach Center, each center works towards strengthening the research and outreach functions of Central Philippine University. (wikipedia.org)
- Yerkes Center research assistant Elizabeth Griffin became the first work-related death in the center's history on December 10, 1997, due to herpes B virus. (wikipedia.org)
- The combined center's name is the USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center (EESC). (usgs.gov)
- He is also the Center's liaison with human resources, fiscal, sponsored projects and other units in the Office of the Vice President for Research. (uky.edu)
- Conceptualized and launched in 2013, the Center brings together multiple disciplines, departments, and colleges to work together to provide a unified and strategic response to advance aging research, education, training, and community engagement. (uwm.edu)
- The ARC Centre of Excellence offers unique opportunities for interdisciplinary and international collaborative research in the study of cognition, its disorders, and their treatment. (edu.au)
- Interested in Pilot, Collaborative or Contract Research? (ohsu.edu)
- San Juan ULTRA is a collaborative research network composed of multiple academic institutions, public agencies, non-profit partners, and community leaders, which seeks to conduct and support research about the city of San Juan as a social-ecological system (SES). (usda.gov)
- Overviews of the climate change work happening at Forest Service research stations. (usda.gov)
- Research programs include cognitive development and decline, childhood visual defects, organ transplantation, the behavioral effects of hormone replacement therapy and social behaviors of primates. (wikipedia.org)
- Her remarkable research discoveries on the genetic dissection of behavioral traits associated with risk for the development of alcoholism and drug abuse were noted at the award ceremony. (ohsu.edu)
- Today, CRF is a joint center of the College of Natural Sciences (CNS) and the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS). (umass.edu)
- We create and implement innovative technology-based behavioral health research and health education programs. (idealist.org)
- To address many of the most important problems facing contemporary molecular and behavioral neuroscience, Scripps Research has established the Dorris Neuroscience Center as a result of a generous long-term commitment by Helen L. Dorris through The Harold L. Dorris Neuroscience Foundation, named in her brother's honor. (scripps.edu)
- Many of the investigators at the center have their laboratory within the Harold L. Dorris Neuroscience Center Building, a 53,000-square-foot structure with state-of-the art facilities for imaging and behavioral studies. (scripps.edu)
- Members of the Dorris Neuroscience Center explore some of the most fundamental questions in neuroscience research. (scripps.edu)
- It is the intent of the Disability Research and Dissemination Center to expand NCBDDD's capacity to conduct research that prevents birth defects and promotes the health and well being of people with disabilities. (disabilityresearchcenter.com)
- Conduct laboratory research to expand our un- public trust, and in turn accelerate their com- Source: NIOSH Program Records derstanding of the underlying biological mech- mercialization. (cdc.gov)
- We conduct original research in new methods and applications of diagnostic imaging modalities such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in pediatric and adolescent medicine. (cincinnatichildrens.org)
- Offering research opportunities through RFAs designed in collaboration with the NCBDDD and research support for funded projects. (disabilityresearchcenter.com)
- We have remained at the forefront of medicine by fostering a culture of collaboration, pushing the boundaries of medical research, educating the brightest medical minds and maintaining an unwavering commitment to the diverse communities we serve. (massgeneral.org)
- The Systems Engineering Research Center is interested in industry, government, and academic multi-disciplinary collaboration. (uta.edu)
- She believes strongly that a research built on ethics, communication, collaboration, and intellectual practices are crucial for a positive future in society. (uiowa.edu)
- This cancer treatment and research center has digitized decades of patient records using IBM enterprise content management solutions. (ibm.com)
- Its main task is to coordinate research activities of the different colleges and units of the university and to convene and facilitate the affairs of the University Research Committee (URESCOM). (wikipedia.org)
- The National Institutes of Health has established 74 specially designed clinical research centers--including the center at County-USC--in teaching hospitals and universities nationwide. (latimes.com)
- Our goal is to perform research that is uniquely impactful and changes in clinical practice. (massgeneral.org)
- Reducing the Risk of Requirements Volatility: Findings from an Empirical Survey, Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution: Research and Practice, 23(5): 375-393. (uta.edu)
- Today, there is a significant gap between the importance of these crucial services and the research under way that is designed to improve the practice and organization of primary care. (latimes.com)
- The Faculty Research Colloquium Dinner advances the mission of the Faculty Center by providing CSUSM faculty an opportunity to present their scholarly research to their university colleagues. (csusm.edu)
Imaging Research Center2
- The Cardiovascular Imaging Research Center is dedicated to developing and leveraging novel imaging techniques to address important cardiovascular issues. (massgeneral.org)
- Please complete the following intake form regarding use of Department of Radiology and / or Imaging Research Center (IRC) resources. (cincinnatichildrens.org)
- The Health Economics and Evaluation Research (HEER) Program examines the economic impacts of health care policies and programs. (ucla.edu)
- His research examines many questions in hydrology, geology, microbiology and environmental chemistry. (ufz.de)
- Research in the Jonathan Orens Lab examines topics such as clinical outcomes of lung transplantation, chronic allograft rejection and ischemic reperfusion injury, also known as primary graft dysfunction. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- The research conducted in the laboratory examines the application of social and cognitive processes in decision-making to issues within the criminal justice and legal systems. (washington.edu)
- A monthly e-mail of breaking news, data, and publications from the Center. (ucla.edu)
- This is a globally unique combination of highly specialised technology such as NanoSIMS, ToF-SIMS, helium-ion, electron and fluorescence microscopy for correlative microscopy and will underpin research in environmental and biosciences and provide important impetus to top quality science at national and international level. (ufz.de)
- John Crabbe , current Portland Alcohol Research Center (PARC) Co-Investigator and former Center Director, was elected as a 2018 Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science ( AAAS) in recognition of extraordinary achievements in science. (ohsu.edu)
- Patuxent Wildlife Research Center (PWRC) produces innovative science to support natural resource management and meet our nation's most pressing conservation challenges. (usgs.gov)
- The U.S. Geological Survey recently announced completion of the merger between the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center (PWRC) and Leetown Science Center (LSC). (usgs.gov)
- NIEHS research uses state-of-the-art science and technology to investigate the interplay between environmental exposures, human biology, genetics, and common diseases to help prevent disease and improve human health. (nih.gov)
- As a member of the psychology department, his research focused on cardiovascular responses to stress during early development and his teaching concentrated on the science and regulation of drugs. (uiowa.edu)
- As an undergraduate, Melinda began her science research career under Michael Wright in the Physiology Department. (uiowa.edu)
- We are Scripps Research: Science Changing Life. (scripps.edu)
- Michael E. Mann, who directs the Earth System Science Center at Pennsylvania State University, said in a telephone interview from Paris that skeptics are 'taking these words totally out of context to make something trivial appear nefarious. (washingtonpost.com)
- The San Juan ULTRA is a long-term network and research site established in the city of San Juan, Puerto Rico in 2009 by the USDA Forest Service and the National Science Foundation (NSF) to produce knowledge on urban areas and to support policy, education, and local initiatives in order to improve the quality-of-life and environmental conditions in the city. (usda.gov)
- As a postdoc in the Welti lab, she performed research on multiple projects, including one supported by the National Science Foundation and the Terry Johnson Cancer Research Center. (k-state.edu)
- Professor Anne Castles explains how CCD-led research and the Macquarie University Reading Clinic are helping children with dyslexia learn to read. (edu.au)
- Those have been areas of strength at this college for years, but it has been a lot of individual people working on individual projects," said Dr. David Williams, a professor of surgery at the Quillen College of Medicine and co-director of the new center. (etsu.edu)
- Distinguished physician-scientist Jeremy Luban, MD has been appointed professor of molecular medicine at UMass Medical School and the David L. Freelander Memorial Professor in HIV/AIDS Research. (umassmed.edu)
- CCD member, Dr Celia Harris, to lead Centre of research excellence in cognitive aging. (edu.au)
- When Compaq was acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2002, SRC was merged with other HP corporate research labs and relocated there. (wikipedia.org)
- For more information from the NEA on this and other inaugural Research Labs, please visit the National Endowment for the Arts Research Labs . (vanderbilt.edu)
- The Curb Center for Art, Enterprise, & Public Policy at Vanderbilt University is partnering with Northwestern University , NORC at the University of Chicago and the Arts & Business Council of Greater Nashville on this NEA Research Labs initiative. (vanderbilt.edu)
Senior Financial Economist1
- Mark Kutzbach is a Senior Financial Economist in the Financial Modeling and Research Section of the Center for Financial Research in the Division of Insurance and Research. (fdic.gov)
- The UW ADRC contributes to the development of shared resources that support dementia-relevant research, and coordinates research efforts with other NIH-funded programs and investigators. (washington.edu)
- March 31, 2021 - Stay up to date on the latest community and research news, upcoming events, and support/educational programs. (washington.edu)
- The Research Technical Assistance Center (RTAC) is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the terms of contract no. 7200AA18R00023. (iie.org)
- Our activities include preclinical research, clinical trials, laboratory support and discovery and training vaccinologists for the future. (bcm.edu)
- Tejeda, J. and Ferreira, S., 2011, Ideas for a Decision Support System for Predicting Undesirable Emergent Properties, 2011 Conference on Systems Engineering Research. (uta.edu)
- Dr Ernst's laboratory of about 200sq ft is located on the 3rd floor of the Biomedical Sciences Research Building (BSRB) and is devoted to the support of this core. (umich.edu)
- The faculty of the Geriatrics Center and Institute of Gerontology receives more grant support from the National Institute on Aging than any other faculty of any other institution in the country. (umich.edu)
- Drawing on the strength and breadth of this faculty expertise, the Geriatrics Center and Institute of Gerontology support research in a broad range of areas related to aging. (umich.edu)
- She began working with the Center in August 2016. (uky.edu)
- Read a Center policy brief on inclusive state policies effect on undocumented immigrants' health. (ucla.edu)
- Kathryn Kietzman is a research scien tist at the Center and lead author of a new study about the need for mental health services specific a lly for older adults. (ucla.edu)
- All National Center for Health Statistics RDCs are closed. (cdc.gov)
- With rapid, reliable access to digital data, teams can work more efficiently to deliver better care for cancer patients and accelerate vital research that can potentially improve health outcomes. (ibm.com)
- People from other parts of ETSU's Academic Health Sciences Center and other parts of the university as a whole will be involved in this," Williams said. (etsu.edu)
- The approval of the center will provide a structure to facilitate this mode of research so we can unite to come up with things that can improve the health of the community. (etsu.edu)
- While the center is just in the beginning stages, its co-directors are confident in its future success at ETSU and the impact work being done there will have on the world of health. (etsu.edu)
- If you are giving a presentation about an environmental health topic or just looking for general information about environmental health research or the institute, this page will help. (nih.gov)
- NIEHS is committed to conducting the most rigorous research in environmental health sciences, and to communicating the results of this research to the public. (nih.gov)
- NIEHS offers a broad range of job opportunities, career enhancement programs, and research training grants and programs in environmental health sciences and administration. (nih.gov)
- CiPHR is a non-profit, public health research incubator. (idealist.org)
- Welcome to the University of Kentucky Center for Interprofessional Health Education. (uky.edu)
- With partners including the Colleges of Dentistry, Health Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Social Work and Communication and Information, our center is devoted to facilitating the design, implementation and evaluation of interprofessional education experiences for students and providing professional development in the arena of interprofessional education for faculty. (uky.edu)
- This new generation of medical device technologies are applicable to a range of clinical disciplines including global health, emergency medicine, infectious disease, surgery, cardiovascular research, pathobiology, neurology and orthopedics. (brown.edu)
- Ms. Chahal's research iinterests include violence and victimization on college campuses, cultural factors and vulnerability to sexual violence, as well as the adverse health outcomes of violence and victimization. (uky.edu)
- Elders said that research centers have become a more vital part of medicine as health care has changed over the years. (latimes.com)
- He has been involved in research, teaching, lectures, project development and networking to promote public health. (ntnu.no)
- He has established a long-term cooperation with Australian National University, the University of Papua New Guinea and the establishment of a new health promotion center in Singapore,this testifies to a candidate with impetus and high professional integrity. (ntnu.no)
- Our recent research has also explored recipient and donor variables in the success or failure of lung transplants, and ways in which national healthcare delivery systems impact lung transplant outcomes for CF patients. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Faezipour, M. and Ferreira, S., 2012, A System Dynamics Approach to Water Sustainability in Healthcare, 2012 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference. (uta.edu)
- Faezipour, M. and Ferreira, S., 2011, A Systems Thinking Approach to Address Sustainability in Healthcare Systems, 2011 Conference on Systems Engineering Research. (uta.edu)
- The Systems Research Center ( SRC ) was a research laboratory created by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) in 1984, in Palo Alto , California . (wikipedia.org)
- California Arts Council The CAC published Arts in Education Research Compendium in 2001 and it is in a free downloadable version. (csusm.edu)
- Welcome to the Second Edition of the McClellan Nuclear Research Center (MNRC) at the University of California, Davis (UC Davis) newsletter. (constantcontact.com)
- The vaccine process is happening faster because vaccine research and development, clinical trials, manufacturing, and plans for distribution are taking place at the same time. (harvard.edu)
- Research/Outreach Development Graph of 2006 Archived 2015-09-27 at the Wayback Machine.Retrieved May-10-2012 Administrative Changes: University Research Center. (wikipedia.org)
Diagnosis and Treatment1
- Today, quick and easy access to patient data helps doctors deliver prompt diagnosis and treatment, and accelerates the progress of vital cancer research work. (ibm.com)
- The Harvard Family Research Project's Out-of-School Time Program Research and Evaluation Database This database provides overviews of research and evaluations of after-school/out-of-school activities. (csusm.edu)
- We also have conducted research on the treatment of ANCA vasculitis, particularly in kidney transplant patients. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- The center also has an outpatient service, laboratories, nutrition service and a computer center to track research data. (latimes.com)
- Through research, specialized training, and short-term technical assistance, RTAC advances the impact of USAID's development investments in a variety of sectors, worldwide. (iie.org)
- Extraordinary advances in genome research and imaging technologies provide unprecedented opportunities to study the nervous system and previously intractable neurological and psychiatric disorders. (scripps.edu)
- The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) reported during the 2007-2009 recession, Real GDP growth slowed to 1.7% in 2007 and was negative in 2008 and 2009. (baylor.edu)
- The Faculty Center Advisory Council selects one faculty presenter for each academic semester. (csusm.edu)
- When appropriate, their discussion may also include clinical research trial options available through Gibbs. (spartanburgregional.com)
- His research interests include banking, urban, labor, and transportation economics as well as data linkage and confidentiality protection. (fdic.gov)
- PWRC research topics include bird population dynamics, ecotoxicology, and the development of quantitative & decision analysis tools. (usgs.gov)
- Areas of research include arts education partnerships, the impact of the arts on student achievement and arts assessment. (csusm.edu)
- Her primary research interests include: college campus violence againast women and social networks, and intimate partner violence in the context of criminal and family court systems. (uky.edu)
- Margaret's research interests include girls' reception and interpretation of media texts, feminist strategies to prevent disordered eating and body image disturbances, participatory action research paradigms, the social construction of gender ideologies, and the development and evaluation of media literacy programming. (uky.edu)
- His research interests include green energy systems with batteries and proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cells. (constantcontact.com)
- U.S. Surgeon General M. Joycelyn Elders visited County-USC Medical Center last week to celebrate the opening of a research center that she said will help future clinical studies include more women and minorities, groups that have been neglected or underrepresented. (latimes.com)
- For many years, NWRC researches have worked to develop methods to reduce the transmission and spread of CWD among wild and captive deer and elk. (usda.gov)
- We provide investigators at Cincinnati Children's, the University of Cincinnati and other research institutions access to advanced analytical imaging and image post-processing methods. (cincinnatichildrens.org)
- Her major research interest is in quantitative methods and psychometrics. (uky.edu)
- May 06, 2021 - Amid the challenges our whole world has faced this past year, we have been impressed and inspired by efforts of our community members to make a difference in the world of dementia research, care, and advocacy. (washington.edu)
- While we hope to spark interest medical students in cardiology research, we are also providing a useful resource to beginning graduate students in the CCR or related graduate programs. (google.com)
- Its programs are supported by CNS, SBS, the Edna Skinner and Tay Gavin Erickson endowments, the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement , grants, and alumni and corporate gifts. (umass.edu)
- CAPE: Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education Provides pdfs of a number of evaluation studies that CAPE has conducted about their programs, including arts integration, teaching artists, and action research. (csusm.edu)
- The Center will also draw on funding from grants, individual gifts, revenues from publications and programs, and state and federal sources. (unh.edu)
- NCAR is managed under a cooperative agreement between the Foundation and the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR), a nonprofit consortium of North American universities with graduate programs in atmospheric sciences. (nsf.gov)