Reproductive Health Services
A medical-surgical specialty concerned with the morphology, physiology, biochemistry, and pathology of reproduction in man and other animals, and on the biological, medical, and veterinary problems of fertility and lactation. It includes ovulation induction, diagnosis of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss, and assisted reproductive technologies such as embryo transfer, in vitro fertilization, and intrafallopian transfer of zygotes. (From Infertility and Reproductive Medicine Clinics of North America, Foreword 1990; Journal of Reproduction and Fertility, Notice to Contributors, Jan 1979)
Family Planning Services
Reproductive rights rest on the recognition of the basic right of all couples and individuals to decide freely and responsibly the number, spacing and timing of their children and to have the information and means to do so, and the right to attain the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health. They also include the right of all to make decisions concerning reproduction free of discrimination, coercion and violence.
Adolescent Health Services
Health Services Accessibility
Family Planning Policy
Health Services Needs and Demand
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Interviews as Topic
Delivery of Health Care
Community Health Services
Rural Health Services
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
Women's Health Services
Health Care Surveys
Community Mental Health Services
Quality of Health Care
Health Services Administration
Primary Health Care
Health Services for the Aged
Occupational Health Services
Delivery of Health Care, Integrated
A health care system which combines physicians, hospitals, and other medical services with a health plan to provide the complete spectrum of medical care for its customers. In a fully integrated system, the three key elements - physicians, hospital, and health plan membership - are in balance in terms of matching medical resources with the needs of purchasers and patients. (Coddington et al., Integrated Health Care: Reorganizing the Physician, Hospital and Health Plan Relationship, 1994, p7)
Urban Health Services
National Health Programs
Behaviors expressed by individuals to protect, maintain or promote their health status. For example, proper diet, and appropriate exercise are activities perceived to influence health status. Life style is closely associated with health behavior and factors influencing life style are socioeconomic, educational, and cultural.
United States Public Health Service
Health Services, Indigenous
Home Care Services
Community health and NURSING SERVICES providing coordinated multiple services to the patient at the patient's homes. These home-care services are provided by a visiting nurse, home health agencies, HOSPITALS, or organized community groups using professional staff for care delivery. It differs from HOME NURSING which is provided by non-professionals.
Attitude of Health Personnel
Health Status Disparities
United States Indian Health Service
Health Care Rationing
Student Health Services
Health Care Sector
Community Health Centers
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Provision of sexual health services to adolescent enrollees in Medicaid managed care. (1/211)OBJECTIVES: This Seattle project measured sexual health services provided to 1112 Medicaid managed care enrollees aged 14 to 18 years. METHODS: Three health maintenance organizations (HMOs) that provide Medicaid services for a capitated rate agreed to participate. These included a non-profit staff-model HMO, a for-profit independent practice association (IPA), and a non-profit alliance of community clinics. Analyses used health maintenance organizations' administrative data, chart reviews, and Medicaid encounter data. RESULTS: Health maintenance organizations provided primary care to 54% and well care to 20% of Medicaid enrollees. Girls were more likely than boys to have their sexual history taken or to be given condom counseling. Only 27% of sexually active girls were tested for chlamydia, with significantly lower rates of testing among those who spoke English as a second language. The nonprofit staff-model plan outperformed the for-profit independent practice association on most measures. CONCLUSIONS: Substantial room for improvement exists in sexual health services delivery to adolescent Medicaid managed care enrollees. (+info)
A 6-month pilot of a collaborative clinic between genitourinary medicine services and a young persons' sexual health clinic. (2/211)OBJECTIVE: To investigate whether situating a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic within a Brook centre is successful in attracting a younger client group than that traditionally seen in GUM clinics within hospitals. DESIGN: A descriptive study of a 6-month pilot clinic. SETTING: Brook in Manchester. A community clinic providing sexual health advice to clients under the age of 25 years. With the collaboration of Withington Hospital GUM Department, Manchester. PARTICIPANTS: All clients under the age of 25 years attending the pilot GUM clinic. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: The age of the clients attending and the diagnosis made. RESULTS: A total of 137 visits were made by 93 clients. Under-16s comprised 6% of all visits compared to 1.5% at Withington GUM clinic (adjusted for the under-25s) and 12% at Brook. Far more Chlamydia trachomatis was seen (34% of all clients) than in a traditional GUM clinic (18% of all clients). Contact tracing resulted in 82% of named contacts being traced. CONCLUSION: The pilot clinic was successful in attracting a much younger client group than a traditional hospital-based service. (+info)
Comparing the quality of three models of postabortion care in public hospitals in Mexico City. (3/211)CONTEXT: Each year, an estimated 120,000 women in Mexico seek treatment in public hospitals for abortion-related complications--the country's fourth leading cause of maternal mortality. Models of postabortion care emphasizing counseling and provision of contraceptives have the potential to improve the quality of care these women receive. METHODS: Between April 1997 and August 1998, women treated for abortion complications in six Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS) hospitals in the Mexico City metropolitan area were surveyed. Data related to patient-provider interaction, information provision and counseling were analyzed for three models of care: sharp curettage standard care, sharp curettage postabortion care and manual vacuum aspiration postabortion care. RESULTS: Women in the two postabortion care groups rated the quality of services they received more highly than did those receiving sharp curettage standard care. A significantly greater proportion of women treated under the postabortion care models than of those treated under the sharp curettage standard model received information about their health status before treatment, the uterine evacuation procedure, signs of postabortion complications and care at home. In addition, a greater proportion of women treated under the postabortion care models accepted a contraceptive method before leaving the facility (64-78% vs. 40%). CONCLUSIONS: Implementation of a postabortion care model contributes to the delivery of high-quality services to women experiencing abortion complications. The standard IMSS model of postabortion treatment should be modified to emulate those in hospitals that systematically link general counseling and family planning services to the clinical services provided to women with abortion complications. (+info)
Facility-level reproductive health interventions and contraceptive use in Uganda. (4/211)CONTEXT: In Uganda, modern contraceptive use has recently increased in areas served by the Delivery of Improved Services for Health (DISH) project. Whether these increases are associated with facility-level factors is unknown, however. METHODS: Data from the 1999 DISH Evaluation Surveys were used in multivariate logistic regressions to assess the independent relationships of five indicators of the family planning service environment with individual-level use of a modern contraceptive in rural and urban areas. The surveys consisted of a household questionnaire of 1,766 women of reproductive age and a facility module implemented in all health facilities that serve the sampled population. RESULTS: After women's social and demographic characteristics were controlled for, none of the service environment factors was independently associated with current use of a modern method in rural areas. By contrast, in urban areas, the proximity of a private health facility (which likely reflects an increased availability of methods) was positively associated with current use (odds ratio, 2.1), as was the presence of a higher number (three or more) of DISH-trained service providers (1.7). CONCLUSIONS: The presence of private health facilities was the factor most strongly associated with contraceptive use in urban areas, perhaps because they improved the availability of methods. Few other facility-level program inputs had significant effects. (+info)
Contextual influences on reproductive wellness in northern India. (5/211)OBJECTIVES: There has been a growing recognition of the importance of contextual influences on health outcomes. This article examines community-level influences on 5 reproductive wellness outcomes in Uttar Pradesh, India. METHODS: Multilevel modeling is used to estimate household and community-level effects on wellness, with hierarchically organized data from a statewide survey of villages, urban blocks, households, women, health providers, and staff. RESULTS: The household and community have a strong contextual influence on wellness, although the models explain more of the variation in outcomes between households than between communities. CONCLUSIONS: Communities influence wellness outcomes through the socioeconomic environment and the characteristics of the health infrastructure. The specific dimensions of the community and health infrastructure varied between the outcomes. (+info)
FFPRHC Guidance (October 2003): First prescription of combined oral contraception. (6/211)The Guidance provides information for clinicians on the steps to be taken before providing a woman with her first prescription for combined oral contraception. It updates and replaces previous Faculty Guidance. A key to the grades of recommendations, based on levels of evidence, is given at the end of this document. Details of the methods used by the Clinical Effectiveness Unit (CEU) in developing this Guidance, and evidence tables summarising the research basis of the recommendations, are available on the Faculty website (www.ffprhc.org.uk). Abbreviations used include: blood pressure (BP), body mass (BMI), bone mineral density (BMD), breakthrough bleeding (BTB), British National Formulary (BNF), combined oral contraception (COC), Committee on Safety of Medicines (CSM), confidence interval (CI), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), emergency contraception (EC), ethinyl oestradiol (EE), Faculty Aid to Continuing Professional Development Topics (FACT), Family Planning Association (fpa), follicule-stimulating homone (FSH), general practitioner (GP), intermenstrual bleeding (IMB), luteinising hormone (LT), microgram, myocardial infarction (MI), odds ratio (OR), oral contraception (OC), pulmonary embolism (PE), relative risk (RR), Scottish Intercollegiate Guideline Network (SIGN), sexually transmitted infection (STI), Summary of Product Characteristics (SPCs), venous thomboembolism (VTE), World Health Organization (WHO), WHO Medical Eligibility Criteria (WHOMEC), WHO Selected Practice Recommendations (WHOSPR). (+info)
The psychosocial context of young adult sexual behavior in Nicaragua: looking through the gender lens. (7/211)CONTEXT: Understanding the nature and magnitude of gender differences in sexual norms among young adults in Nicaragua, and how these differences affect sexual behavior, is important for the design of reproductive health programs. METHODS: A representative cross-sectional survey was conducted in six departments in the Pacific region of Nicaragua in 1998. A total of 552 never-married women and 289 never-married men aged 15-24 were interviewed about their perceptions of social pressure to engage in premarital sex; perceived social approval of and attitudes toward premarital sex and premarital pregnancy; perceived sexual activity among peers and siblings; communication with parents on sexuality issues; the psychosocial context of sexual debut; and preferred sources of information on sexuality issues. RESULTS: Most young men (83%) reported that they had received direct encouragement from at least one person in the last year to engage in premarital sex, and at least half perceived that their father, siblings, other relatives and friends approved of premarital intercourse. A significantly greater proportion of men than of women reported that curiosity or gaining experience motivated their sexual debut (61% vs. 21%). Men perceived themselves to have a higher risk of unplanned and unprotected sex than did women. In contrast, women held more negative attitudes toward premarital sex and were more often discouraged by parents or siblings from engaging in sex. CONCLUSIONS: Reproductive health programs for young Nicaraguans need to address gender-based double standards, which raise the risk of unplanned, unprotected sex and unintended pregnancy. (+info)
Acceptability of emergency contraception in Brazil, Chile, and Mexico. 2 - Facilitating factors versus obstacles. (8/211)A multi-center study was performed in Brazil, Chile, and Mexico to identify factors that may facilitate or hinder the introduction of emergency contraception (EC) as well as perceptions concerning emergency contraceptive pills. Background information on the socio-cultural, political, and legal context and the characteristics of reproductive health services was collected. The opinions of potential users and providers were obtained through discussion groups, and those of authorities and policymakers through semi-structured interviews. Barriers to introduction included: perception of EC as an abortifacient, opposition by the Catholic Church, limited recognition of sexual and reproductive rights, limited sex education, and insensitivity to gender issues. Facilitating factors were: perception of EC as a method that would prevent abortion and pregnancy among adolescents and rape victims; interest in the method shown by potential users as well as by some providers and authorities. It appears possible to reduce barriers through support from segments of society committed to improving sexual and reproductive health and adequate training of health care providers. (+info)
Richmond Sunlight » 2020 » Reproductive health services; health benefit plans to cover costs of specified health care services....
Reproductive health services. Requires health benefit plans to cover the costs of specified health care services, drugs, devices, products, and procedures related to reproductive health. The health benefit plan requirements become effective when a plan is delivered, issued for delivery, reissued, or extended in the Commonwealth on and after January 1, 2021, or at any time thereafter when any term of the health benefit plan is changed or any premium adjustment is made. The measure also requires the Board of Medical Assistance Services to include in the state plan for medical assistance services a provision for the payment of the costs of a reproductive health care program providing reimbursement for medically necessary reproductive health care services, drugs, devices, products, and procedures for eligible individuals.
The no-go zone: a qualitative study of access to sexual and reproductive health services for sexual and gender minority...
Adolescents have significant sexual and reproductive health needs. However, complex legal frameworks, and social attitudes about adolescent sexuality, including the values of healthcare providers, govern adolescent access to sexual and reproductive health services. These laws and social attitudes are often antipathetic to sexual and gender minorities. Existing literature assumes that adolescents identify as heterosexual, and exclusively engage in (heteronormative) sexual activity with partners of the opposite sex/gender, so little is known about if and how the needs of sexual and gender minority adolescents are met. In this article, we have analysed data from fifty in-depth qualitative interviews with representatives of organisations working with adolescents, sexual and gender minorities, and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights in Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Sexual and gender minority adolescents in these countries experience double-marginalisation in pursuit of sexual and
Utilization of reproductive health services by high school adolescents in the Thaba-Tseka District in Lesotho
Background: Youth friendly services were introduced in all the ten districts t of Lesotho to meet the adolescents health needs including reproductive health of adolescents. Despite this initiative there is still a high prevalence of teenage pregnancy and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection among young people. Aim: The aim of the study was to investigate the utilization, and factors influencing the utilization of reproductive health services (RHS) among high school adolescents in Thaba-Tseka district of Lesotho. Methodology: This was a quantitative descriptive cross-sectional study. The study population was adolescents aged between 13 -19 years in the two high schools in the district. A total of 800 adolescents were asked to complete a structured, self-administered questionnaire. Descriptive statistics were used to summarise demographics, sexual activity, experience of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and awareness and use of RHS. The chi-square test was used to identify ...
P134 Reaching youth with out-of-facility HIV and reproductive health services | Sexually Transmitted Infections
Background Many young people, particularly those who are marginalised and most at risk for HIV and reproductive health-related problems, cannot or will not seek traditional facility-based health services. Policies and programs are being implemented to provide them with these health services in the community. We sought to systematically review the effectiveness of such community-based HIV and reproductive health service policies and programs delivered via outreach on increasing health service utilisation among adolescents and young adults (ie, among 10-24 year olds).. ...
Voices of male and female university students on youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health services in Kampala, Uganda
This study explored the experiences and expectations of male and female students at Makerere Universitys main campus and the campus of the Universitys Business School towards youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health services. It also explores the attitudes and perceptions of health workers and parents towards young peoples sexuality and compromising health challenges including the risk of contracting STIs/HIV and unwanted pregnancies that can lead to unsafe abortions. The study was guided by one human rights framework for professionalism in health care, which postulates that all health care services must be Available, Accessible, Acceptable and of good Quality for all. Furthermore, a theoretical perspective on gender as well as the three bodies approach guided the analysis and discussions of the empirical data. Since the study was explorative, primary data were generated using focus group interviews, in-depth interviews and observations. Research findings indicate that greater access and ...
Integrating reproductive health services into HIV care: strategies for successful implementation in a low-resource HIV clinic...
Integrating reproductive health services into HIV care: strategies for successful implementation in a low-resource HIV clinic in Lilongwe, Malawi. . Biblioteca virtual para leer y descargar libros, documentos, trabajos y tesis universitarias en PDF. Material universiario, documentación y tareas realizadas por universitarios en nuestra biblioteca. Para descargar gratis y para leer online.
Haiyya aims to make sexual & reproductive health services accessible and judgement-free
Delhi-based community organisation Haiyya aims to make sexual & reproductive health services accessible and judgement-free for single women
AbortionClinics.org | Reproductive Health Services in Bellevue, NE and Germantown, MD
AbortionClinics.org | Reproductive Health Services in Bellevue, NE: (800) 737-3845 and Germantown, MD: (888) 684-3599 Dr. Leroy Carhart
Reproductive health is a public health issue - Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
In this months eFeature, Dr Sue Mann and colleagues Monica Davison and Alison Hadley provide some background to the new suite of documents on reproductive health to be published by Public Health England (PHE). The documents will define the scope of reproductive health, provide a national overview of the current status of reproductive health and, through the voices of women around the country, offer a clearer understanding of what women think about their reproductive health, the ways it affects them and the support they need. This body of work will help set a shared agenda for action across government and provide a starting point for commissioners, providers and policy makers to inform local prioritisation and planning and to improve outcomes on reproductive health across the life course.. PHE will be publishing a suite of three documents: Reproductive health is a public health issue - a consensus statement; Reproductive health is a public health issue - what the data says and Reproductive ...
Maldives Country Profile on Universal Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Services | Asian-Pacific Resource and Research...
This country study looks at the state of universal access to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services in Maldives by using specific telling indicators.
Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights
Sexual and reproductive health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being of a person in all matters relating to the reproductive system. This implies that people are able to have a satisfying and safer sex life, the capability to reproduce, and the freedom to decide if, when and how often to do so.. To maintain ones sexual and reproductive health, young people need access to accurate information and the safest, effective, affordable and acceptable contraception method of their choice. They must be informed and empowered to protect themselves from sexually transmitted infections. And when they decide to have children, women must have access to services that can help them have a fit pregnancy, safe delivery and healthy baby.. We believe that every individual has the right to make their own choices about their sexual and reproductive health. Africa Alive together with a wide range of partners, works toward the goal of universal access to sexual and reproductive health and ...
Reproductive Healthcare for Adolescent and Young Adult Women with Chronic Medical Conditions | Childrens Hospital of...
Patients with intellectual or developmental delays may face unique reproductive health challenges. It is important they receive timely and comprehensive reproductive healthcare.
Reproductive Health & Zika in Venezuela
On February 5, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Raad Al Hussein stated that upholding womens human rights is essential if the response to the Zika health emergency is to be effective adding that laws and policies that restrict access to sexual and reproductive health services in contravention of international standards must be repealed and concrete steps must be taken so that women have the information, support and services they require to exercise their rights to determine whether and when they become pregnant - noting that comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services include contraception, maternal healthcare and safe abortion services to the full extent of the law. She also added that the advice of some governments to women to delay getting pregnant ignores the reality that many women and girls simply cannot exercise control over whether or when or under what circumstances they become pregnant, especially in an environment where sexual violence is so common.. In ...
Outcome of a reproductive health advocacy mentoring intervention for staff of selected non- governmental organisations in...
The Reproductive Health (RH) situation in Nigeria is abysmal and the country has one of the worst bio-data in the world. It has a fast growing population, characterised by high infant, under five and maternal mortality ratios - 84/1000 live births, 163/1000 live births, and 576/100,000 live birth respectively [1, 2]. Ten percent of global maternal deaths occur in Nigeria although the country makes up only 1.7 % of the total world population. In other words, a Nigerian woman dies every 10 minutes from the complications of pregnancy . Over one million Nigerian children will die before their fifth birthday, a figure that represents about 10 % of the global total  although many of these deaths are preventable.. The adolescent reproductive health situation is equally poor. The sexual and reproductive health needs of young persons are often unattended to and they have poor access to sexual reproductive health information and services. These result in risky sexual behaviours, teenage pregnancies, ...
Nurse Practitioners and Sexual and Reproductive Health Services | RAND
Inadequate numbers of Nurse Practitioners (NPs) trained in Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) and expanding health insurance coverage from 2010 health care reform align to create a gap in NPs to meet SRH needs, especially for low-income patients.
FSRH press release: New guidance reassures women about contraception and weight gain - Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive...
The Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH) is the largest UK professional membership organisation working at the heart of sexual and reproductive health (SRH), supporting healthcare professionals to deliver high quality care. It works with its 15,000 members, to shape sexual reproductive health for all. It produces evidence-based clinical guidance, standards, training, qualifications and research into SRH. It also delivers conferences and publishes the journal BMJ Sexual & Reproductive Health in partnership with the BMJ ...
Ushma Upadhyay, MPH | The Center for Health and Community
My work encompasses two overarching themes: the effects of womens empowerment and gender equity on reproductive health and improving reproductive health services for disadvantaged populations. My methodological expertise is in quantitative analyses using epidemiologic and demographic methods. I lead several projects related to contraception and abortion that collectively aim to expand womens ability to determine the number and timing of their children and improve access to reproductive health services.. ...
Implementation research on strengthening provision of reproductive health services in Bangladesh - REACHOUT consortium
Sabina Faiz Rashid, Ilias Mahmud, Sadia Chowdhury, Salauddin Biswas, Irin Akhter, Mahfuza Rifat, Malabika Sarker (2016) Implementation research on strengthening service provision of reproductive services by close to community providers: lessons from REACHOUT Bangladesh, poster given at the 2016 Global Symposium on Health Systems Research. Implementation research is a continuous process and should be developed and adapted according to context specific needs. Innovations added to existing structures and interventions were seen as feasible and acceptable by implementing organizations as well as the close-to-community (CTC) providers of health care. Strengthening monitoring process, accountability and recognition of hard work by the CTCs is critical. Interventions targeting the multiple layers of supervisors is necessary for sustainability.. ...
Case/Care Management | 211LA
Contraception and reproductive health services are provided. Low-income individuals may qualify for services under the State Family PACT program. People whose income is less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible. Services under Family PACT include a complete physical examination, STD testing and treatment, and contraceptive counseling and services. The Family PACT program serves females from 12 to 55 years, and males from 12 to 65 years. Reproductive health services include colposcopy; mammography; and pap smears. APPLICATION PROCEDURE Call or walk in to apply for services. Call the designated number or walk in for information or to apply for the Mamas Neighborhood program ...
Immunizations | 211LA
Contraception and reproductive health services are provided. Low-income individuals may qualify for services under the State Family PACT program. People whose income is less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible. Services under Family PACT include a complete physical examination, STD testing and treatment, and contraceptive counseling and services. The Family PACT program serves females from 12 to 55 years, and males from 12 to 65 years. Reproductive health services include colposcopy; mammography; and pap smears. APPLICATION PROCEDURE Call or walk in to apply for services. Call the designated number or walk in for information or to apply for the Mamas Neighborhood program ...
Cervical cancer prevention in reproductive health services: knowledge, attitudes and practices of midwives in Côte dIvoire,...
This study reveals that more than half of the midwives surveyed in Abidjan had appropriate knowledge on CC disease and more than 40% had appropriate knowledge on CC prevention, specifically by screening and vaccination. Factors associated with appropriate knowledge were professional experience, courses on CC taken at school of midwifery, participation in conferences and training workshops on CC. Moreover, the majority of midwives were aware of screening and more than one third of them had regularly recommended it to their patients. Finally, more than half of midwives knew the existence of HPV vaccine.. The proportion of midwives with appropriate knowledge regarding epidemiology, risk factors and symptoms of CC is higher in this study than in other reports. A previous survey conducted among nurses in Tanzania, reported a proportion of adequate knowledge on cervical cancer of , 40% . This difference could be explained by our study population exclusively made up of midwives who received ...
OBGYN & Reproductive Health Services NYC | Mount Sinai - New York
The obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive science physicians at Mount Sinai, located in New York City, place a special emphasis on treating you, the patient, not just the issue.
Using National and Local Data to Guide Reproductive Health Programs | Management Sciences for Health
Since the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) in Cairo, family planning managers are rising to the challenge to offer a broader scope of reproductive health services to their clients. This means that in addition to providing family planning services, more programs are offering a wider range of basic health services for women, infants, and adolescents, including well-baby care, the prevention and treatment of reproductive tract infections, and counseling for the prevention of HIV, among others. In order to plan, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of these services, managers need to understand and use a broad spectrum of data from the national and local level.. This issue of The Family Planning Manager explores information that managers must understand and use in expanding their services, and it provides guidelines for developing and using a reproductive health indicator panel for tracking the progress of their programs. Two supplements accompany this issue. ...
Genica Molecular Genetic Tests for Reproductive Health
|p|Good sexual and reproductive health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being in all matters relating to the reproductive system. To preserve good sexual and reproductive health, people need access to accurate information on safe sex life, the causes of infertility and sterility, and the prevention of reproductive health.|/p| |p|The reproductive system is a delicate and complex system in the body. It is important to take steps to prevent sexually transmitted infections and long-term health problems.|/p| |p|Our goal is to improve reproductive health by offering state-of-the-art sexual and reproductive health testing. GENICA focuses mainly on research on: s|em|exually transmitted infections, vaginal and cervical microbiome, endometrial microbiome, infertility, sterility, hereditary genetic mutations in reproductive capacity.|/em||/p|
The importance of conversation in womens reproductive healthcare - bisaya news
June 5 - MORGANTOWN - The opportunity to have open, pleasant, and timely conversations about womens reproductive health can lead to the treatment or prevention of health problems sooner rather than later, local health professionals say.. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), reproductive health is a term used to denote a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not just the absence of disease or ailment in all matters of the reproductive system and to refer to its functions and health Processes. . The WHO also says that the term implies that individuals engage in satisfactory and safe sexual activities and that they are able to reproduce and determine if, when and how often they do so.. Dr. Ryan Heitmann, Medical Director of the Center for Reproductive Medicine at WVU Medicine, said the term womens reproductive health has a variety of different definitions. It can refer to womens health in general, which encompasses every aspect of a womans wellbeing, or ...
Cost Sharing in Health Service Provision: An Empirical Assessment of Cost Savings. - ORA - Oxford University Research Archive
Fixed price payments for treatment of patients with a specified diagnosis are widespread in both US Medicare and the British NHS even though there are substantial variations in the cost of treatment. Theory suggests that, when there is asymmetric information about those costs, total payment can be
Citizen News Service - CNS: Turning point: More girls in Malaysian colleges than boys
Perhaps countries are not investing enough to ensure a life of dignity and equality for all human beings regardless of their biological sex. Malaysia responded in a coordinated way to strengthen its response to reduce the gender-based inequalities that dis-empowered women by a range of measures that included increased access to education, healthcare, employment, among others for girls and women. Since most maternal deaths were caused due to shortage of sanitized standard medical equipment and trained midwives to assist women in need of sexual and reproductive healthcare services, this scenario has been overturned considerably with Malaysia reasonably building its network of trained midwives and well-stalked standard reproductive health services across the country. However all is not ideal in Malaysia as there are clear gains made but there are certain areas where Malaysia is trailing behind many countries. For example, child marriages. In late February 2013, a 40 years old man was charged in ...
Sexual and reproductive health and rights and mHealth in policy and practice in South Africa - GOV.UK
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) offers enormous opportunity and innovation to improve public health and health systems. This paper explores the intersections between mHealth and sexual and reproductive health and rights in both policy and practice. It is a qualitative study, informed by policy review and key informant interviews. Three case studies provide evidence of what is happening on the ground in relation to ICTs and reproductive health and rights. We argue that in terms of policy, there is little overlap between health rights and communication technology. In the area of practice, however, significant interventions address aspects of reproductive health. At present, the extent to which mHealth addresses the full range of reproductive justice and sexual and reproductive health and rights is limited, particularly in terms of government initiatives. The paper argues that mHealth projects tend to avoid contentious aspects of sexual health, while addressing favourable topics ...
The Bixby Center on Population and Reproductive Health - Job Opportunity: Branch Chief, Division of Reproductive Health
Job Opportunity - NCCDPHP/Division of Reproductive Health***. Supervisory Health Scientist GS-0601-15. Job Announcement Number: HHS-CDC-M2-15-1241704. Branch Chief, Field Support Branch. Division of Reproductive Health (DRH). National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Promotion. Please disseminate widely within CDC/ATSDR.. The National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP), Division of Reproductive Health (DRH), Field Support Branch (FSB) is posting an ...
The State of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights In the State of Texas: A Cautionary Tale | Guttmacher Institute
Texas is the second largest state in the country, and has the second largest population. Indeed, everything is bigger there-including the need for affordable health coverage, and for accessible sexual and reproductive health services and information. More than six million Texans have no health insurance of any kind, including 2.4 million adult women.1,2 And more Texas women are in need of subsidized family planning services than anywhere else in the country, except California.3
What is a Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic? - NHS Lanarkshire Sexual Health
In Lanarkshire Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinics (formerly Family Planning Services) can offer you advice on relationships and making choices about contraception. You can get advice from your own doctor or by going to one of the many clinics across both North and South Lanarkshire.. In Lanarkshire our Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinics can offer you advice on relationships and making choices about contraception. You can get advice from your own doctor or by going to one of the many clinics in your area. Sexual and Reprodutive Health Clinics are run at various times during the day and in the evening, and you should be able to find one that suits you.. What happens at a Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic?. You will be seen by specially trained doctors and nurses, most of whom are female, and will have the opportunity to talk about how the service can help you. You may have come for:. ...
UNFPA EECA | The State of World Population 2017
UNITED NATIONS, New York - Unless inequality is urgently tackled and the poorest women empowered to make their own decisions about their lives, countries could face unrest and threats to peace and to their development goals, according to The State of World Population 2017, published today by UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund.. The costs of inequalities, including in sexual and reproductive health and rights, could extend to the entire global communitys goals, adds the new UNFPA report, entitled Worlds Apart: Reproductive Health and Rights in an Age of Inequality.. Failure to provide reproductive health services, including family planning, to the poorest women can weaken economies and sabotage progress towards the number one sustainable development goal, to eliminate poverty.. Economic inequality reinforces and is reinforced by other inequalities, including those in womens health, where only a privileged few are able to control their fertility, and, as a result, can develop skills, ...
Indicator 5.6.1 - Goal
From UN-WOMEN: This is an indicator measuring specific decisions by women (aged 15-49) on their own sexuality and reproduction. Interviewees will have to provide a yes answer to all three questions in order to count as a woman who makes her own sexual and reproductive decisions. The first question looks at the ability to say no to sexual intercourse as a critical condition of sexual autonomy. The second question measures the womans decision concerning using or not using contraception. The third question measures the womans decision about reaching sexual and reproductive healthcare for her. The three questions are as follows: 1. Whether a woman can say no to her husband/partner if she does not want to have sexual intercourse (DHS q. 1054) 2. Whether using contraception or not using contraception has been mainly the womans decision (DHS phase 7 q. 819 and 820) 3. Whether a woman can make a decision about sexual and reproductive healthcare for herself (DHS q.922 with added language) From ...
Africa: Spending U.S.$25 Per Woman Annually Will Reduce Deaths »
A new report has revealed that it would cost an average of 25 dollars to provide a package of essential sexual and reproductive health services to each woman between 15 and 49 years, in developing regions, annually.. This is roughly double the current level of spending, the report, released by the Guttmacher Institute in collaboration with UNFPA, tilted Adding It Up: The Costs and Benefits of Investing in Sexual and Reproductive Health 2014, has said. The report, copied to the Ghana News Agency, analyzed data from a wide range of sources, including survey data from women in developing countries, to document the number of women who lack services, what it would cost to meet their needs, and the benefits of meeting these needs.. This package would include: contraceptive services, pregnancy and newborn care, services for pregnant women living with HIV- including prevention of mother-to-child transmission of the virus - and treatment for four other sexually transmitted infections. The report ...
National Survey of Women about their Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices Regarding their Reproductive Health | The Henry J....
Survey of Women About Their Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices Regarding Their Reproductive Health. Glamour; Kaiser Family Foundation; Princeton Survey Research Associates. Summary of Major Findings. February 1997. The Kaiser Family Foundation partnered with Glamour magazine on a national survey to find out how much women know about their reproductive health care needs and whether they are taking important steps to protect their reproductive health, covering such critical issues as: routine gynecological exams,contraception, emergency contraception, sexually transmitted disease, HIV/AIDS, the patient-physician relationship, health insurance coverage, and communication with sexual partners. To explore womens awareness of these issues and others, Glamour and the Kaiser Family Foundation designed and Princeton Survey Research Associates conducted a nationally representative telephone survey of 1,001 women in the U.S., ages 18 to 44. The survey was conducted between July 10 and July 28, 1996. The ...
Reproductive Health | Articles
Aware of the global challenges surrounding access to adequate reproductive healthcare, Reproductive Health is an internationally celebrated, open access ...
Effect of life-style related practices on sexual and reproductive health of eligible couples: A mixed method exploratory study ...
Background: The role of lifestyle related practices on Sexual and Reproductive health (SRH) in rural areas; appears to be an emerging issue as indicated by literature. But its effect on Eligible Couples (ECs) is unknown. Therefore exploration of the role of effects of various life style related factors on ECs sexual and reproductive health; needs to be studied, as addressed by this study. Methods: A Cross Sectional Study was done in the catchment area of a Rural Health Training Centre;in Village Sikhera by simple random sampling technique, in Muzaffarnagar district of state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total 428 Eligible Couples (ECs) from this Village were studied. Among them 214 ECs were further selected by simple random sampling; for subsequent in-depth interview for their perceptions on effects of 3 lifestyle related factors such as Tobacco usage, Alcohol Usage & Mobile Phones usage on their Sexual & Reproductive health. Results: The overall Prevalence of SRH disorders was more among Alcohol ...
Maternal Mortality and Morbidity | Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights
For information about sexual and reproductive health, including pregnancy options, and for referrals to clinics and hospitals that provide reproductive health services, including abortion, anywhere in Canada, please call the confidential 24-hour toll-free information and referral line. ...
World Health Day
The severity of the current situation in Europe, which has experienced large movements of migrants and refugees within the past year, has thrown the deficiencies of policy and practice on SRHR into even greater relief.. The desperate trip across borders brings an untold number of new dangers for vulnerable women and girls - violence, rape, sexually transmitted infections, unintended pregnancies, unsafe abortion. Access to essential sexual and reproductive health services can be the difference between life and death. Yet it is still shamefully neglected in response strategies. If we value womens lives, it must move from afterthought to priority, said Caroline Hickson, Regional Director, International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) Europe.. PICUMs new report The Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights of Undocumented Migrants: Narrowing the Gap Between Their Rights and The Reality in the EU calls attention to the gulf between restrictive national laws and policies limiting access to ...
MedicalResearch.com | STD Infections Common Among Those Starting or Staying on PReP for HIV Prevention
Response: We reviewed 88 studies from 26 countries and found a high proportion of people starting PrEP had an STI, suggesting that PrEP programs were targeting the right people (i.e. high risk for both HIV and STIs).. This high STI rate did not reduce over time i.e. PrEP users continued to stay at risk for STIs, suggesting the need for ongoing sexual health services among PrEP users.. MedicalResearch.com: What should readers take away from your report?. Response: Our findings underscore the lost opportunities if STI services are not provided for individuals using PrEP and highlights the opportunity to harness the growing interest in providing PrEP programs globally to be a gateway to provide more comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services for all PrEP users.. MedicalResearch.com: What should readers take away from your report?. Response: We recommend future studies of PrEP programs to report their STI data broken down by subgroups (e.g. young people, transgender people, gender) so ...
Ese Walter Opens Up about Losing Her Sex Drive Post-Pregnancy - BellaNaija
Thank you Bella Naija for handling this tastefully. As much as the tweet event #MerDroits60 isnt being profiled at present, it is important to say a little bit what the platform aims to achieve and why Ms. Walters host duties meant so much to us. In Nigeria, the sexual and reproduce needs of young people - particularly those within the ages 15 to 24 - remain vastly and inadequately addressed. This is reflected in the dismal rate in the uptake of available sexual and reproductive health services (our national average is 14%). Mortality and morbidity rates due to sexually transmitted infections and illegally procured abortions are equally unacceptably high. These are very preventable with good sexuality education and timely utilisation of sexual health services. To therefore increase demand for these services, especially among young people, it is important to destigmatise all conversations around sex.. #MerDroits60, the tweetchat Ms Walter graciously hosted last Friday, is one of the ways the ...
UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
One of the worlds least developed countries, Burkina Fasos population is set to double in the next 20 years. Starting in 1975 with support for a general census, UNFPA has assisted national partners in developing capacities to generate and use population data to devise appropriate policies and programmes and extend reproductive health services, including for adolescents. Current programmes target the need for universal access to sexual and reproductive health, including family planning, reducing maternal mortality, and advocating to increase gender equality.. ...
The Sexual Health Blog: World Hepatitis Day
The Calgary Sexual Health Centre is a community-based organization that provides access to non-judgmental sexual and reproductive health services and supports across the lifespan. We began as a grassroots volunteer organization and have been providing comprehensive sexuality education and counselling to the Calgary community since 1972. Our vision is, creating a society where sexuality, in all its dimensions, is considered a normal and healthy expression of life and everyone has the right and the ability to make informed choices to achieve sexual well-being ...
UNFPA Guinea | UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
Facing ongoing economic and social challenges, Guineas infrastructure, equipment and skilled staff are scarce and unevenly distributed across the health system. A large number of girls become mothers before age 17 and limited maternal health services help explain high rates of maternal mortality. UNFPA supports reproductive health services with programmes on essential obstetric care, adolescents and youth, family planning and health commodities .
Bergen Open Research Archive: Towards universal health coverage for reproductive health services in Ethiopia: two policy...
Abstract Reproductive health services are crucial for maternal and child health, but universal health coverage is still not within reach in most societies. Ethiopias goal of universal health coverage promises access to all necessary services for everyone while providing protection against financial risk. When moving towards universal health coverage, health plans and policies require contextualized knowledge about baseline indicators and their distributions. To understand more about the factors that explain coverage, we study the relationship between socioeconomic and geographic factors and the use of reproductive health services in Ethiopia, and further explore inequalities in reproductive health coverage. Based on these findings, we discuss the normative implications of these findings for health policy. Using population-level data from the Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey (2011) in a multivariate logistic model, we find that family planning and use of antenatal care are associated with ...
Sexual Health Clinic Kingston] - Erhvervsgruppen v. Studentersamfundet
Sexual Health Clinic Kingston , Viagra Test. If he didn t speak, it Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Cost would Sexual Health Clinic Kingston be difficult for others to guess what he was thinking.Now, to be honest, I see the possibility What Color Is Cialis of Evelvated Prolactin Levels Erectile Dysfunction realization in Ye Hao.After all, Jeff Green is still Where Can I Get The Least Expensive Male Enhancement Pills a rookie with no Sexual Health Clinic Kingston playoff experience, so putting Wilcox Sexual Health Clinic Kingston on it will make people feel more stable.The ball came just right, Ye Hao kicked hard and stretched out his hand to Extenze Testamonials Sexual Health Clinic Kingston grab the basketball Sexual Health Clinic Kingston one step ahead.The Male Enhancement Native Ads only thing he Which drug for erectile dysfunction? Sexual Health Clinic Kingston could do was to Girth Penis Surgery continue Sexual Health Clinic Kingston rushing to the bottom Sexual Health Clinic Kingston line and ...
Caregiver awareness of reproductive health issues for women with intellectual disabilities<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Caregiver awareness of reproductive health issues for women with intellectual disabilities. AU - Lin, Lan Ping. AU - Lin, Pei Ying. AU - Hsu, Shang Wei. AU - Loh, Ching Hui. AU - Lin, Jin Ding. AU - Lai, Chia Im. AU - Chien, Wu Chien. AU - Lin, Fu Gong. PY - 2011/2/2. Y1 - 2011/2/2. N2 - Background. Limited attention has been paid to the issue of reproductive health as it affects women with intellectual disabilities, despite reproductive health being a vital issue in public health policy for women in the general population. This paper describes caregiver awareness of reproductive health issues relative to women with intellectual disabilities who are being cared for in welfare institutions in Taiwan. Methods. The study employed a cross-sectional, questionnaire-based study which recruited 1,152 caregivers (response rate = 71.87%) from 32 registered disability welfare institutions in Taiwan. We classified their understanding/awareness of reproductive health issues into four domains: ...
Knowledge and utilization of sexual and reproductive healthcare services among Thai immigrant women in Sweden | BMC...
Migration from Thailand to Sweden has increased threefold over the last 10 years. Today Thailand is one of the most common countries of origin among immigrants in Sweden. Since the year 2000, new HIV cases are also more prevalent among Thai immigrants compared to other immigrant nationalities in Sweden. The purpose of this study was to investigate the association between knowledge and utilization of sexual and reproductive healthcare services, contraceptive knowledge and socio-demographic characteristics and social capital among Thai immigrant women in Sweden. This is a cross-sectional study using a postal questionnaire to all Thai women (18-64) in two Swedish regions, who immigrated to the country between 2006 and 2011. The questionnaire was answered by 804 women (response rate 62.3 %). Bivariate and multivariate logistic regression analyses were used. The majority (52.1 %) of Thai women had poor knowledge of where they should turn when they need sexual and reproductive healthcare services. After
Mens Sexual Health Clinic Near Me :: candrcarpetandrugs
were in Su Ming s hands, I sat cross legged on the Spark And Erectile Dysfunction compass, carrying the vicissitudes of life.. It made Mens Sexual Health Clinic Near Me the Rhino 69 Platinum 9000 Reviews eyes of Penis Enlargement Visualization the ancient burial emperor condensed, and the eyes of Shura were shining.Looking Penis Girth Enlargement Pills at the Medicaid Erectile Dysfunction Urology little white flower in his palm, Su Ming s happy Mens Sexual Health Clinic Near Me smile exaggerated the boundless reincarnation.There seemed to be a murmur Why Does Adderall Give Me Erectile Dysfunction in the mist, as if to say something.Instantly made the entire boundless roar and vibrate, and made the trembling Mens Sexual Health Clinic Near Me wings of How To Avoid Heartburn When Taking Cialis the eight butterflies motionless.. The second brother became the Mens Sexual Health Clinic Near Me ghost of another kind of life, and Huzi Mens Sexual Health Clinic Near Me How Long Does Viagra Last turned ...
PPAFNJ applauds Senate vote toward improving reproductive health care access | Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
PLANNED PARENTHOOD ACTION FUND OF NEW JERSEY. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 1, 2018. Contact: Casey Olesko 201.647.5502 / [email protected]. Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey applauds step toward improving reproductive health care access. New Jersey Senate votes yes on restoring family planning funding. TRENTON, NJ - Today, the New Jersey Senate passed two bills - the first bills of the 218th legislative session - to help expand access to reproductive health services in New Jersey. S120 passed 29-9 with bipartisan support; this bill will reinstate the $7.45 million in reproductive health care funding cuts made by former Governor Christie. This funding goes toward critical health care services, including cancer screenings, birth control, and testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). S105, a bill to expand Medicaid coverage for reproductive health services to more New Jersey women, passed 34-5 with bipartisan support. The New Jersey Legislature has voted on these ...
Associations Between Sexual and Reproductive Health Communication and Health Service Use Among U.S. Adolescent Women - Hall -...
CONTEXT:An understanding of the association between adolescents sexual and reproductive health knowledge and their use of relevant services is needed to improve young peoples sexual and reproductive health.. METHODS:Data from the National Survey of Family Growth were used to examine associations between sexual and reproductive health communication (parental and formal) and service use among 2,326 U.S. women aged 15-19 in 2002 and 2006-2008. Chi-square tests and multivariate logistic regression were used to assess relationships between adolescents receipt of sexual and reproductive health communication from parents and formal (school, church, community) sources and their use of sexual and reproductive health services.. RESULTS:The majority of adolescents had received parental (75%) and formal (92%) sexual and reproductive health communication; 43% reported recent service use. In unadjusted analyses, parental and formal communication were positively associated with service use. In regression ...
Health Conditions / Sexual & Reproductive Health - Nutraceuticals World
Health Conditions / Sexual & Reproductive Health - In the nutraceuticals market, many companies use health conditions as the foundation for their market strategies. Here we have gathered all relevant news, feature articles, online exclusives and other relevant information to help give you a sense of the latest developments in these markets.
Health & Wellness, Sexual & Reproductive Health Audiobooks | Audible.com
Download Health & Wellness, Sexual & Reproductive Health Audiobooks to your device. Audible provides the highest quality audio and narration. Your first book is Free with trial!
Your Essential Sexual & Reproductive Health Day Guide
Sexual & Reproductive Health isnt just for high school students - heres what you need to know about protecting your sex life at any and every age.
Governor Cuomo Announces Decisive Actions to Secure Access to Reproductive Health Services in New York | Governor Andrew M....
Donna Lieberman, Executive Director, New York Civil Liberties Union, said, These actions are an important step forward toward ensuring that women have control over their reproductive lives and reducing the barriers they face in getting the health care services they need. They are especially important to push back against the attack on womens and womens health from Washington.. Kim Atkins, Board Chair, Family Planning Advocates of New York State said, We applaud Governor Andrew Cuomo for his bold leadership to protect the health and rights of New Yorkers. Our state has long stood as a national leader for reproductive health and rights but today, as extreme politicians in Washington seek to severely restrict access to affordable, high-quality reproductive health care, dismantle federal protection for legal abortion, and defund Planned Parenthood, Governor Cuomos action provides the brightest light in these dark days. Governor Cuomo knows that access to reproductive health care is essential ...
Top Rated] Brampton Sexual Health Clinic Online Store - Opec.go.th
Newest women libido pills Opec.go.th, brampton sexual health clinic And Best Sex Enhancer Online Shop.. The fragile economy of South Vietnam was testofen testosterone booster Wholesale immediately affected and hit, which naturally made Zhao Tuo extremely dissatisfied, who had always said that he kept his contract.. Ping thought that his ambitions were testofen testosterone booster Viagra Pill difficult to display, and he could not even guarantee his personal safety, so Best Selling testofen testosterone booster he left without saying goodbye on a dark and windy Most Popular brampton sexual health clinic night.. 4 Not to mention Baoyu s random thoughts, only that Baochai and Tanchun had left Nuanxiangwu, 5 they parted ways with everyone in Will brampton sexual health clinic increase size? front of Daoxiang Village, and they walked one after another testofen testosterone booster Wholesale with their heels and feet 6 Under the fence, looking at no one vydox male enhancement review on the how to ...
Reproductive Health Services Lusaka Zambia Non-Profit, Charity, Youth Group
Since 2009, Africa Directions has been partnering with Marie Stopes International Zambia (MSIZ) to help the community in Mtendere to access family planning services and provide reproductive health information. MSIZ is a non-governmental organisation that provides family planning, male circumcision, pregnancy tests, pregnancy crisis, counseling & STI screening services. ADs role is to facilitate outreaches to community members on family planning services and make referrals to the clinic which is located at AD. Peer educators go out into high density areas, such as market places, to mobilize young women and men. There is a trained nurse counsellor who advices men and women on their family planning options and provides those services on a free or low cost basis. Once a month, AD invites the local clinic to come and conduct their under 5 clinic within the centre. During this time, there are also lawyers from International Justice Mission to offer free legal advice ...
Sabinet | Challenges faced by older women in Botswana in accessing services that address sexual and reproductive health, and...
Objective: This study explored the challenges that older women from selected sites in Botswana face in accessing services that address sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and family planning (FP) needs. Design, setting and subjects: Two rural and two urban health districts were randomly selected for the study. A statistically determined sample of 454 older women was allocated to the different districts (strata), using probability proportional to size. Outcome measures: The study estimated the percentage use of sexual and reproductive health services (including family planning services), unmet need for family planning and factors inhibiting use of these services. Results: The study revealed that 25% of the older women used some type of FP method. Of this number, 67.9% were aged 50-59 years, 17.4% 60-69 years, 10.1% 70-79 years, and 72% had unmet needs for FP. The older women used natural FP methods mainly. The main SRH services used by them were screening for human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune
teenagers | BMJ Sexual & Reproductive Health
Copyright © 2020 BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists. All rights ...
Quality of life | BMJ Sexual & Reproductive Health
Copyright © 2020 BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists. All rights ...
National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health - for policy-relevant research on Latina reproductive health issues
This grant will support the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health to build an expansive movement of Latina/o activists and leaders across the country to increase abortion access and affordability, advance the rights of immigrant women and families, promote sexual and reproductive health equity, and transform cultural narratives ...
Maintain sexual and reproductive health services during...
Previous experience from Ebola epidemic in Liberia has already proven that discontinuing health services unrelated to epidemic response resulted in more deaths than the epidemic itself.
Formats: Still image / Languages: Spanish / Copyright: Copyright may apply / Subjects: 3 selected / Genre: Posters / Titles:...
Start Over You searched for: Formats Still image ✖Remove constraint Formats: Still image Languages Spanish ✖Remove constraint Languages: Spanish Copyright Copyright may apply ✖Remove constraint Copyright: Copyright may apply Subjects Contraception ✖Remove constraint Subjects: Contraception Subjects Family Planning Services ✖Remove constraint Subjects: Family Planning Services Subjects Reproductive Health Services ✖Remove constraint Subjects: Reproductive Health Services Genre Posters ✖Remove constraint Genre: Posters Titles Por tu salud y tu familia-- salud reproductiva ✖Remove constraint Titles: Por tu salud y tu familia-- salud reproductiva ...
Abortion Clinic, Alabama: Reproductive Health Services of Montgomery, Alabama
To all who work to allow me to keep that right to choose: What you do is important, empowering and fine. I chose to have an abortion because it was the right decision for me at the time. I have no regrets despite a society, which wants and expects me to hang my head with shame and question my decision. Thanks for being brave and allowing women like me to live the lives we do ...
A Social Ecological Approach to Exploring Barriers to Accessing Sexual and Reproductive Health Services among Couples Living...
International Scholarly Research Notices is a peer-reviewed, Open Access journal covering a wide range of subjects in science, technology, and medicine. The journals Editorial Board as well as its Table of Contents are divided into 108 subject areas that are covered within the journals scope.
Screening for alcohol misuse in sexual health clinics | Sexually Transmitted Infections
In this issue of the journal, Crawford et al1 make a useful contribution to the ongoing debate regarding whether alcohol screening and brief intervention for excessive drinkers should be delivered within sexual health clinics.. Alcohol misuse in the UK is responsible for considerable morbidity and mortality, as well as financial cost to the National Health Service, estimated at £2.9 billion in 2008-2009.2 The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence advises that all sexual health clinics should routinely screen patients for excessive alcohol use and deliver a brief alcohol behavioural intervention (ABI) when problem dinking is identified.2. A commonly held view is that intoxication due to alcohol directly causes unsafe sexual behaviour, which in turn leads to higher rates of sexually transmitted infections (STI) and unwanted pregnancies, but the evidence does not support this simplistic model. A substantial body of evidence has established that alcohol misuse is associated with both ...
Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health in El Salvador
Downloadable! The aim of the study is to understand the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) behavior and determinants among adolescents in El Salvador using data from a survey of 1,258 adolescents aged 10-19 and 12 interviews with representatives from the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Education (MOE), nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and United Nation (UN) agencies. The study found that adolescents were not educated enough on their sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR), and have limited use of and access to contraceptives. Alcohol and violence were found to be associated with risky sexual behavior, requiring a multisectoral response from the government and civil society. Adolescents need to receive earlier and more accurate information on their SRHR; and this information should be disseminated in a way that empowers adolescents to make responsible decisions about their sexual reproductive health. The MOE can play a vital role in informing adolescents in this area, and adjust these
Simplifying Reproductive Health in Low-Resource Settings : Access to medical abortion and contraceptive choice, the importance...
India introduced family planning in the 50s, legalized abortion in the 70s, and accomplished a remarkable drop in maternal mortality and fertility since 1990. Nevertheless, abortions account for a large proportion of maternal deaths, and sterilization is the most frequently used contraception. This thesis aims to identify the means to simplify and increase access to reproductive health in low-resource settings, focusing on abortion and contraception in Rajasthan.. A randomized controlled trial compared simplified follow-up, where women assess their abortion outcome at home after early medical abortion, with in-clinic follow-up. Additionally, contraceptive use was compared between study groups post-abortion. In order to explore young womens opportunities to access reproductive health services in the area, we conducted in-depth interviews with recently-married women.. Women in the home-assessment group preferred home-assessment in the future to a greater extent than the women in the clinic ...
Educational Needs of Adult Men regarding Sexual and Reproductive Health in Ahvaz, Iran
Background & aim: Mens sexual and reproductive health is one of the most important public health issues. However, less attention has been paid to this matter, compared to womens health issues. The aim of this study was to evaluate the educational needs of men regarding sexual and reproductive health in Ahvaz, Iran. Methods:This descriptive study was performed on 1,068 adult men (aged 20-60 years), selected via random cluster sampling in Ahvaz city in 2014. In order to determine the educational needs of men regarding sexual and reproductive health, a questionnaire consisting of three major sections (i.e., demographic data, sexual and reproductive health needs, and mens attitudes) was designed. The validity of the questionnaire was determined by content and face validity. Its reliability was assessed by internal consistency (α=85%) and test-retest. For data analysis, descriptive statistics, t-test and ANOVA were performed, using SPSS version 19. Results: The majority of men (75.1%) had poor knowledge
Reproductive Health and Environmental Action Groups Unite | International Planned Parenthood Federation/Western Hemisphere...
Global weather volatility and the ongoing financial crisis increase the need for new approaches to sustainable development. Meanwhile, 215 million women worldwide lack the means to choose how many children to have and when, because they lack access to reproductive health services and information.. At a panel organized by the Aspen Institute at the Kaiser Family Foundation today, leaders in environment, sustainability and womens rights pointed to strategic collaboration as the key to the promise of sustainable development that will be revisited in negotiations at the Rio+20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development Summit in June 2012.. Rio+20 presents an opportunity for leaders to make courageous decisions now to ensure that our children and grandchildren inherit a livable world. The environmental and reproductive health activists must move forward together and create a more just future for all, said panelist Mary Robinson, President of the Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate ...
Kenya | Population Council
In Kenya, the Council leads research and develops programs to reduce maternal mortality; build protective health, social, and economic assets for adolescent girls; reduce HIV transmission; respond to sexual and gender-based violence; address disrespect and abuse in maternity care; assess various service integration models; assess whether reproductive health voucher programs can help vulnerable populations access critical reproductive health services; and strengthen evidence for programs related to unintended pregnancy and unsafe abortion.. The Council helped the Kenyan government develop its first population policy in 1966, and played a key role in establishing the Population Studies and Research Institute at the University of Nairobi. The Council initiated a regional capacity-building program that led to the formation of the African Population and Health Research Center in 1995, now a leading independent research institution. The Council sustains the Africa Regional Sexual and Gender-Based ...
Laws and policies on sexuality and sexual reproductive health for the MSM community in Nigeria, and how they impact on the...
Institutionalized stigma and discrimination of MSM / MLWHA+ if sexuality is known.. Description: Through implementing partners like Alliance rights Nigeria, andThe independent project, specific projects have programs targeted at MSM such as Heartland Alliance, Population Council, Family Health International and Institute for human virology Nigeria, Hence the existence of a lot of overlapping interventions. Though there has been some involvement by NACA, this has not been significant for a population that has a prevalence that triples that of the national prevalence (12.6% against 4.4%) due to the existing criminalization of MSM. On a public health perspective, NACA in November 2009 included MSM participation in the development of the National strategic framework and review of the HIV/AIDS policy 2010-2015 ...
Most recent papers with the keyword Community engagement | Read by QxMD
This descriptive study was aimed to evaluate the attitudes of the engaged men and women who are of legal age to marry towards gender roles and acceptance of couple violence, and determine their sexual/reproductive health education needs. It was conducted in two marriage registry offices in Ankara, Turkey. The study sample consisted of 740 participants. Data were collected by using semi-structured form, Gender Roles Attitude Scale and Acceptance of Couple Violence Scale. It was found that the engaged couples had educational needs concerning sexual/reproductive health; socio-demographic characteristics such as gender, age, education, residence, and income level created significant differences in the attitudes related to accepting gender roles and violence; and having an egalitarian attitude towards gender roles decreased the rate of accepting violence between the couples ...
Most recent papers with the keyword Turkey | Read by QxMD
This descriptive study was aimed to evaluate the attitudes of the engaged men and women who are of legal age to marry towards gender roles and acceptance of couple violence, and determine their sexual/reproductive health education needs. It was conducted in two marriage registry offices in Ankara, Turkey. The study sample consisted of 740 participants. Data were collected by using semi-structured form, Gender Roles Attitude Scale and Acceptance of Couple Violence Scale. It was found that the engaged couples had educational needs concerning sexual/reproductive health; socio-demographic characteristics such as gender, age, education, residence, and income level created significant differences in the attitudes related to accepting gender roles and violence; and having an egalitarian attitude towards gender roles decreased the rate of accepting violence between the couples ...
Sexual & Reproductive Health - QIAGEN
The detection of health risks and preventive treatment is a huge focus of healthcare today. We offer products for the detection of human papillomavirus (HPV), Chlamydia trachomatis, and Neisseria gonorrhoeae alongside mid- to high-throughput automation. Validated sample collection, workflows, and automation provide standardized solutions for preventive testing.. Choose the workflow below for your pathogen of interest ...
BMJ Sexual & Reproductive Health blog
This week, transgender patients have been encouraged by NHS England to enroll themselves in screening programs suited to their physiological sex, rather than their preferred gender. Currently in the UK patients are invited to sex-specific screening programmes (breast cancer, cervical cancer, abdominal aortic aneurysm) by their GP according to their registered gender. For many trans people, this is […]. Read More…. ...
Vision 2020 Manifesto | IPPF
In 2000 the United Nations launched the Millennium Development Goals. The world agreed to take action against poverty. Although progress has been made, we are still far from eradicating poverty. Sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) are central to this vision. Sustainable development and gender equality will be achieved when everyone has access to sexual and reproductive health, the right to bodily integrity, and control over all matters related to their sexuality.. Millions of lives have been saved and changed through reproductive health services. In many regions, laws and policies are in place to protect reproductive rights and prevent discrimination against women and girls. However, despite these advances there are still challenges: global funding for SRHR has decreased radically while 222 million women and girls world-wide still lack access to the contraceptives they want to use. The next few years will see the creation of a new development framework. This presents us with an ...
Sexual and Reproductive Health Care Services in the Pediatric Setting | From the American Academy of Pediatrics | Pediatrics
Pediatricians are an important source of health care for adolescents and young adults, especially younger adolescents, and can play a significant role in continuously addressing sexual and reproductive health needs during adolescence and young adulthood, including preventing unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and promoting healthy relationships.1 The provision of needed sexual and reproductive health care services may not be feasible in a single visit; the services might need to be delivered over the course of several visits depending on the need(s) of the individual patient.. Primary care pediatricians care for sexually active adolescents and young adults who have sexual and reproductive health care needs. An estimated 45% of 15- to 19-year-old male and female youth in the United States report having had vaginal intercourse with an opposite-sex partner, 2.5% of 15- to 19-year-old male youth report having had oral or anal sex with another male, and 11% of 15- to ...
DMOZ - Health: Reproductive Health: Infertility: Clinics and Services: North America: United States: Delaware
Offers full reproductive health services, including hysteroscopy and laparoscopy procedures, closely monitored ovulation induction fertility cycles, assisted reproduction techniques such as in-vitro fertilization and assisted fertilization techniques for couples with male factor infertility. Located in Wilmington. ...
Jharkhand Rural Health Mission Society (JRHMS) - Maternal Health
Maternal and reproductive health services include curative and preventative health services for women of reproductive age. The challenges of reproductive health are large, and free public services are advised, given their positive impacts on womens health, infant and toddler health, and fertility regulation. Reproductive health is not only about mortality/morbidity, it is about the recognition of womens rights to control their fertility and sexuality, and empowering women to avoid sexual violence. Maternal health is the urgent need of the state as they contribute to the overall progress of the country. Jharkhand state has strived hard to improve on the maternal health indicators but the progress is slow and steady. There are many causes hampering the smooth progress of maternal health status. The medical causes (direct & indirect) which include Severe Bleeding Hemorrhage, hypertensive diseases (Eclamsia),unsafe abortion, Obstructed Labor, Ectopic Pregnancy and infections are direct causes, ...
True Relationships & Reproductive Health - Brisbane | healthdirect
Education and training in sexual and reproductive health for teachers, disability sector workers and health professionals as well as parent/carer information and education programs. Services include classroom sessions; supporting students with special needs in the classroom; training professionals who work with people with special needs. Resources available to support teachers, health professionals and community members to respond to sexual and reproductive health issues. in Windsor, 4030, offers the following services - Health promotion service, Family planning service.
Webster v. Reproductive Health Services
Works related to Webster v. Reproductive Health Services at Wikisource Text of Webster v. Reproductive Health Services, 492 U.S ... Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973). Reproductive Health Servs. v. Webster, 662 F. Supp. 407 (W.D. Mo. 1987). Reproductive Health ... Webster v. Reproductive Health Services, 492 U.S. 490 (1989), was a United States Supreme Court decision on upholding a ... Webster v. Reproductive Health Services, 492 U.S. 490 (1989). This article incorporates public domain material from this U.S ...
Sexual and reproductive health
Access to reproductive health services is very poor in many countries. Women are often unable to access maternal health ... CDC Division of Reproductive Health WHO Reproductive health and research MEASURE Evaluation Family Planning and Reproductive ... of the global burden of ill-health for women, and 14% for men." Reproductive health is a part of sexual and reproductive health ... is threatening their reproductive health. According to the World Health Organization: The sexual and reproductive health of the ...
Women's reproductive health in Russia
Mental health services for reproductive health involve psychological counseling and services for issues including abortion, ... Women's reproductive health in Russia refers to the set of physical, mental, and social health issues and services available to ... BMC Health Services Research. Vol.10:307. 2010 The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy. Women's Reproductive Rights of Young ... The Ministry of Health (Russia) oversees women's reproductive health care services, which are provided through a combination of ...
Memphis Center for Reproductive Health
All Choices services are confidential. Along with other Tennessee reproductive healthcare facilities, Choices faces state plans ... Reproductive Health is an independent non-profit abortion provider and the oldest independent center for reproductive health in ... Previously called The Memphis Center for Reproductive Health, "Choices" was selected as an easier-to-remember title. The clinic ... and sees the new location as a place to help people achieve their reproductive health goals throughout the course of their ...
Women's reproductive health in the United States
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has identified national reproductive health goals including reducing the level ... Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. "Women's Reproductive ... The Department of Health and Human Services has developed a definition for sexual health in the United States based on the ... A health objective of the United States government through The United States Public Health Service is to reduce the number of ...
Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Act of 2012
Pro Bono Services for Indigent Women SEC. 21. Sexual and Reproductive health SEC. 22. Right to Reproductive Health Care ... All health care service providers which provide reproductive health services, including faith-based hospital administrators, ... Mobile Health Care Service SEC. 16. Mandatory Age-Appropriate Reproductive Health and Sexuality Education SEC. 17. Additional ... The Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Act of 2012, also known as the Reproductive Health Law or RH Law, and ...
Sexual and reproductive health and rights
... also access to appropriate health care services of sexual, reproductive medicine and implementation of health education ... Sexual health and reproductive health are sometimes treated as synonymous to each other, as are sexual rights and reproductive ... "Sexual and reproductive health". World Health Organization. Archived from the original on December 21, 2002. "Sexual health and ... Reproductive rights are legal rights and freedoms relating to reproduction and reproductive health. The World Health ...
Teenage pregnancy in the United States
The best method of reducing the consequences of teenage parenthood is by providing reproductive health services to prevent ... "The Office of Adolescent Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services". Office of Adolescent Health. Retrieved April 20 ... "About Teen Pregnancy , Teen Pregnancy , Reproductive Health , CDC". www.cdc.gov. Retrieved April 20, 2016. "www.guttmacher.org ... "Unintended Pregnancy Prevention , Unintended Pregnancy , Reproductive Health , CDC". www.cdc.gov. Retrieved April 20, 2016. " ...
... is free access to family planning services enough? Results of a cross-sectional study". Reproductive Health. 17 (1): 115. doi: ... "Assessment of country policies affecting reproductive health for adolescents in the Philippines". Reproductive Health. 15 (1): ... Access to contraception was only further strengthened by the passage of Title X of the Public Health Service Act in 1970, which ... In the study, participants also stated they were less likely to access healthcare and reproductive services due to the fear of ...
Maternal mortality in India
"Utilization of maternal health care services and their determinants in Karnataka State, India". Reproductive Health. 13 (S1): ... Offering general support services to women could improve many aspects of health care. From 2000-2015 India participated in the ... Surveys have found that women in UP who are more educated and have more money tend to use more maternal health services. In ... "Ambulance Services at Rural Hospitals" (PDF). WB Department of Health. Prakash, A; Swain, S; Seth, A (December 1991). "Maternal ...
Abortion in Moldova
Comendant, R (2005). "A project to improve the quality of abortion services in Moldova". Reproductive Health Matters. 13 (26): ... The Ministry of Health orders permit abortions until 22 weeks in the event of a threat to health, a pregnancy that results from ... 411 of 28 March 1995 on health; Criminal Code, 18 April 2002, as amended through 2008". 2008. Retrieved 2 March 2014. Abortion ... "Moldovan Woman Imprisoned for Abortion Pardoned and Freed" (Press release). Center for Reproductive Rights. 17 February 2012. ...
Surrogacy in Canada
Reproductive Health Matters. 24 (47): 205-217. doi:10.1016/j.rhm.2016.06.006. PMID 27578354. Branch, Legislative Services (June ... Its system of universal health care also relieves intended parents of covering the cost of pregnancy care, birth, and neonatal ... Assisted human reproduction - Health Canada (Surrogacy, Family law in Canada). ... It also outlaws commercial "intermediaries" from arranging surrogacy services or matching prospective parents and surrogates. ...
Organization of Women's Freedom in Iraq
"The Need for Priority Reproductive Health Services for Displaced Iraqi Women and Girls". Reproductive Health Matters. 16 (31): ... This adds to the number of women who are in need of reproductive health care but cannot receive it because of the effects of ... Health institutions and public institutions have also collapsed and have not been able to fully recover since the start of the ... This has made it especially difficult for pregnant women and/or women seeking reproductive care. Women who need prenatal care, ...
Youth in Mongolia
"Health Sector Reform and Sexual and Reproductive Health Services in Mongolia". Reproductive Health Matters. 14 (27): 91-100. ... All medical and hospital services are free and health care is under the control of state. The World Health Organization ... Legislation regarding youth sexual and reproductive health is prominent as seen by the Criminal Code of 2002 and the Health Act ... The 2008 Reproductive Health Survey revealed that 16.7% of 15-19 year olds surveyed responded that they had had sexual ...
Diaphragm (birth control)
... and Reproductive Health of U.S. Women: Data From the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth" (PDF). Vital and Health Statistics ... In the United Kingdom they cost the National Health Service less than £10 each. In the United States they cost about US$15 to $ ... Reproductive Health Online. 2003. Archived from the original on 2007-04-16. Retrieved 2007-09-15. Kugel C, Verson H; Verson ( ... "Contraception , Reproductive Health , CDC". www.cdc.gov. 21 June 2016. Archived from the original on 2 January 2017. Retrieved ...
Intersex rights in Australia
Department of Health & Human Services (February 2013). "Decision-making principles for the care of infants, children and ... Reproductive Health Matters. 24 (47): 74-84. doi:10.1016/j.rhm.2016.06.003. ISSN 0968-8080. PMID 27578341. Jones, Tiffany (11 ... Reproductive Health Matters. 24 (47): 74-84. doi:10.1016/j.rhm.2016.06.003. ISSN 0968-8080. PMID 27578341. Organisation ... It's time to listen". Special Broadcasting Service. Archived from the original on 22 March 2017. Retrieved 21 March 2017. Jones ...
Abortion in Mexico
Furthermore, the law explicitly states that sexual and reproductive health are a priority in health services, with the goal of ... "Characteristics of private abortion services in Mexico City after legalization". Reproductive Health Matters. 18 (36): 127-135 ... of abortion contravenes article 4 of the Mexican Constitution which allows reproductive rights and access to health services to ... "Information Series On Sexual And Reproductive Health And Right- Abortion" (PDF). Office of the High Commissioner for Human ...
"Mobility of Women and Access to Health and Family Planning Services in Pakistan". Reproductive Health Matters. 7 (14): 39-48. ... The restriction on women's mobility limits their ability to access health care and family planning services, especially for ... The ideology of purdah constricts women in the domestic sphere for reproductive role and places men in productive role as ... women are expected to sacrifice their comfort and freedom to service the requirements of male sexuality: either to repress or ...
Honour killing in Pakistan
"Mobility of women and access to health and family planning services in Pakistan". Reproductive Health Matters. 7 (14): 39-48. ... Although The Punjab Protection of Women against Violence act in 2016 is a step forward in providing services and protection for ... when health is lost something is lost; when honour is lost everything is lost)." In Pakistan, honour is focused more on the ...
Abortion under communism
... health check-up during pregnancy, and medical service when giving birth at health facilities." Vietnam has also adopted ... Reproductive Health Matters. 16 (31 Supplement): 127-34. doi:10.1016/S0968-8080(08)31383-4. PMID 18772093. S2CID 206112339. " ... and doesn't specify whether a threat to health includes both physical and mental health, it does consider a "grave state of ... It was only allowed once every 6 months, and no later than the 12th week of pregnancy except for health reasons. To increase ...
Rwandan reproductive health
... assessing the effect of adding family planning service provision to community health worker duties". Reproductive Health. 13 (1 ... HIV focused health care does not have any direct links to the decline of delivery in other health care services. In fact, HIV ... The increase in mutual health insurance (MHI) has also led to an increase in the use of health services. Half of the deaths ... "Impact of health systems strengthening on coverage of maternal health services in Rwanda, 2000-2010: a systematic review". ...
"Access at a Glance: Abortion Services in Canada , Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights". Action Canada for Sexual Health ... Law of Armenia on Reproductive Health and Reproductive Rights, Government of Armenia (in Armenian). On making changes and ... Norms and Standards in Reproductive Health-Family Planning in Cameroon, Ministry of Health of Cameroon, 2018 (in French). ... Ministry of Health of Bolivia, 2015. (in Spanish) Human rights in the field of sexual and reproductive health in Bosnia and ...
... reproductive health services, abortion, and high-quality maternity care such as midwifery services. In 1977, the United States ... Using the term reproductive justice instead of pro-choice, reproductive rights, or reproductive health, is a rhetorical choice ... Reproductive justice encompasses reproductive health and reproductive rights, while also using an intersectional analysis to ... Health, Sister Song Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective, National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, and the ...
Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
... provide reproductive health services or education, conduct reproductive health research, or influence reproductive health ... The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP) was a non-profit organization founded in 1963 by Alan Frank ... The organization fostered research and advocacy to improve reproductive health." The organization was accredited by the ... Medical and health organizations based in Washington, D.C., Medical and health organizations based in California, 1963 ...
Abortion in Peru
Reproductive Health. 42 (1). doi:10.1136/jfprhc-2015-101421. PMID 26475329. S2CID 45556360. Hospital Guidelines from the ... Merino-Garcia, Nicolaz; Meléndez, Wilder; Taype-Rondan, Alvaro (2015). "Abortion services offered via the Internet in Lima, ... Abortion in Peru is illegal except in case of a threat to the life or health of the woman. Abortion has been generally illegal ... Abortion Abortion by country Abortion law Reproductive rights in Peru "Peru: At-Risk Women Denied Legal Abortions". Human ...
Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition
Reproductive health supplies refer to any material or consumable needed to provide reproductive health (RH) services. This ... Good sexual and reproductive health depends on ensuring the quality of all reproductive health supplies. Equity: The ability of ... Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition Ellen Starbird, Director, Office of Population and Reproductive Health, USAID Ann Starrs ... "The interagency list of essential medicines for reproductive health" (2006) by Department of Reproductive Health and Research ...
Health in Kenya
2011). Utilization of maternal health services among young women in Kenya: Insights from the Kenya Demographic and Health ... Other intermediate determinants include reproductive health behaviour, such as receiving antenatal care--a strong predictor of ... 8 nursing homes with maternity services, 9 health centres, and out of the 45 medical clinics spanning this area, 11 of these ... Reproductive Health. 6 (1): 6. doi:10.1186/1742-4755-6-6. PMC 2675520. PMID 19386134. S2CID 2320731. Essendi, Hildah; Mills, ...
"Texas Adolescent Reproductive Health Facts". US Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved August 2, 2014. Essig, Alexa ... "Health Science Center ranks sixth in clinical medicine" (7 ed.). University of Texas Health Science Center. April 3, 2007. ... IAH offers service to the most Mexican destinations of any U.S. airport. The next five largest airports in the state all serve ... The 2008 Men's Health obesity survey ranked four Texas cities among the top 25 fattest cities in America; Houston ranked 6th, ...
Kiama advocated for better access to sexual and reproductive health services for people with disabilities. In 2021, she was a ... COVID-19 and sexual and reproductive health and rights". Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters. 28 (1): 1763578. doi:10.1080/ ... create a toll-free and confidential phone number for women with disabilities seeking sexual and reproductive health services. ... "We have sexual desires, too": Young women with disabilities demand access to information and services". United Nations ...
History of abortion
v. Reproductive Health Services et. al". Retrieved June 27, 2022. "Religious Groups' Official Positions on Abortion". 16 ... The free provision of abortions was provided through the National Health Service. In America an abortion reform movement ... Gordon's Pearls of Health", produced by a drug company in Montreal, "cure[d] all suppressions and irregularities" if "used ... Mental health also became a factor in determining the legality of an abortion procedure. The strict regulations involved in ...
St. James Infirmary Clinic
Reproductive Health Matters, 2009. "Sex Worker Health, San Francisco Style" Sexually Transmitted Infections Online, July 19, ... James Infirmary Health Day" in San Francisco. In addition, the St. James Infirmary was awarded the 2009 Community Service Award ... Pertaining to health, safety and services, the report stated that, "programs should include occupational and educational ... Since SJI is a multi-service clinic, it challenges centuries of beliefs pertaining to the perceived health needs of the sex ...
"New York City Environmental Health Services". Archived from the original on 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2012-07-11. Rust, Michael K ... The American cockroach reproductive cycle can last up to 600 days. When female American cockroaches are housed in groups, this ... ISBN 978-0-521-81253-5. Bassett, W.H. (12 October 2012). Clay's Handbook of Environmental Health. Routledge. p. 317. ISBN 978-1 ...
Armenian Health Network, Health.am. Archived from the original on 7 February 2007. "Cervical Cancer: Statistics , Cancer.Net". ... In summary, HSV was seen as a likely cause because it is known to survive in the female reproductive tract, to be transmitted ... Difficulty in accessing screening services (for example, transport difficulties) and a lack of female GPs, trained Pap test ... In November 2020, the World Health Organization, under backing from the World Health Assembly, set out a strategy to eliminate ...
Ideas of reproductive fitness were still at the center of American family planning in the 1960s. Physicians preferred to ... People who live in poor areas are more suspicious of the health care system, and as a result, they may reject medical treatment ... African Americans pushed for equal participation in US military service in the first part of the 20th century and especially ... However, Selective Service System deferments, military assignments, and especially the recruits accepted through Project ...
Their work had been supported by U.S. Public Health Services and the University of Colorado. Wright and Meyerdirk left the ... Recent studies have stressed the importance of framing "reproductive health matters cross-culturally", particularly when ... and the health and development of the embryo or fetus. The International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology ( ... as it can provide a variety of information about the health of the mother, the timing and progress of the pregnancy, ...
Public Health Service and then as a senior staff fellow. During that time, Vaitukaitis worked with another NIH postdoc, Glenn ... In addition to teaching, she conducted clinical research in reproductive endocrinology, and her basic research examined the ... National Institutes of Health (19 November 1996). "Awardees". NIH Record. Retrieved 15 March 2015. (CS1 errors: generic name, ... "NCRR's Vaitukaitis Is Named a Senior advisor to NIH Director". US National Institutes of Health. NIH Record. April 22, 2005. ...
Politicization of science
The Department of Health and Human Services also conducted a survey addressing the same topic which generated similar findings ... "Summary Report: Early Reproductive Events Workshop". cancer.gov. National Cancer Institute. 2003-02-26. Retrieved 2017-06-07. " ... the Trump administration replaced career public affairs staff at the Department of Health and Human Services with political ... Tobacco companies funded think tanks and lobbying groups, started health reassurance campaigns, ran advertisements in medical ...
... talks on health care reform". KQDS-TV. "Colorado regulators fail to provide info on panel in Sen. Udall ACA flap", ... Committee on Armed Services Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee on Readiness and Management Support ... Udall's re-election campaign focused on reproductive and women's rights. Throughout, Udall attacked Gardner for his former ... "focus on reproductive rights." Due to his campaign's emphasis on these issues, Udall was ridiculed as "Mark Uterus." In an ...
Psychology of religion
Wikisource text Levin, J. (2001), God, Faith and Health: Exploring the Spirituality-Health Connection, New York: Wiley, ISBN ... On this view all specialised cognitive functions broadly serve those reproductive ends. For Steven Pinker the universal ... religious beliefs are increasingly being considered in psychotherapy with the goal of improving service and effectiveness of ... Overall, slight health benefits have been found fairly consistently across studies. Three main pathways to explain this trend ...
... was the Tuvaluan representative to the Pacific Society for Reproductive Health and the Oceania Society for ... and oversaw the expansion of its clinical services. ... She was Executive Director for the Tuvalu Family Health ... From April 1999 to March 2001, Dr Miliama Simeona was a Medical Officer with the Ministry of Health Tuvalu. She was employed as ... After graduating with a MBBS Bachelor Medicine and Surgery degree and a Diploma Primary Health Care and Preventive Medicine, ...
In August 2012, the Catholic Church assembled a mass rally on EDSA to oppose the Reproductive Health Bill. On September 11, ... Manila, Philippines map (Map). American Red Cross Service Bureau. August 1945. Executive Order No. 311, s. 1940 (December 17, ... while its westbound service road from Osmeña Highway in barangay Bangkal, Makati forms part of National Route 145 (N145). The ...
The objective of AACs is to help adolescents prepare to take responsibility for their own sexual and reproductive health in the ... providing library services and schools support throughout the region of Usisya Health Education projects run by Temwa include ... These provide health education, income-generating activities for orphans and vulnerable children, sport/gaming activities, ... "Temwa - Sustainable Community Development, Malawi - Health Education". Archived from the original on 2013-04-19. Retrieved 2013 ...
The Inquiry into Discrimination Experienced by Transgender People
Counties Manukau District Health Board, Revised Draft ‐ Gender Reassignment Health Services for Trans People within New Zealand ... Intersex: a variety of conditions in which a person is born with reproductive or sexual anatomy that does not seem to fit the ... It was found that trans people face difficulties when accessing the same general health services as other individuals. The ... District Health Board CMDHB was funded to manage a small national project looking at Gender Reassignment Health Services for ...
United Nations Radio
In addition, two other UN Radio programmes, "Female Condom" and "Teenage Reproductive Health and Namibia", were finalists in ... including the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's International Service (1946 to 1952), the European Service of the British ... Short-wave service was relaunched for the live transmission to reach audiences in the Middle East and North Africa, but was ... Similar to the call-to-listen service, app users can listen to UN Radio programmes as well as the live audio feeds from the UN ...
... the World Health Organization (WHO) has urged midwife training to strengthen maternal and newborn health services. To support ... The WHO Reproductive Health Library. WHO. Archived from the original on 21 December 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2014. Crenshaw ... How health reform can improve the health of women and babies in America" (PDF). Washington, D.C.: Trust for America's Health. ... Studies in Health Services Organisation and Policy. Vol. 17. Antwerp: ITG Press. pp. 7-33. ISBN 978-90-76070-19-3. Where ...
Glades County Detention Center
... levels of a toxic disinfectant chemical spray linked to severe medical harms and long-term damage to reproductive health." ... In 2019, a group of Muslim inmates filed suit alleging they were denied "adequate prayer services, copies of the Quran, ... Targeted News Service. 5 March 2021. Retrieved 14 Feb 2022 - via Gale OneFile. Bonilla, Lorena del Pilar (June 27, 2021). " ...
Ivan Tarkhanov (physiologist)
His great capacity for work, which could not be reflected negatively in his health, is amazing. Ivan R. Tarkhanov played an ... К физиологии полового аппарата у лягушки (On Physiology of the Reproductive system in frogs). - «Русская медицина (Russian ... he was dismissed from the academy before his 50 years of service had been completed. He left a well-equipped laboratory, which ... In these publications, Tarkhanov discussed many exciting problems of the time, such as health, hygiene, and nutrition of the ...
... which directed the Virginia Department of Health to share real time public health data with emergency medical personnel to help ... Aird is an advocate for reproductive freedom and serves on the board of the Virginia League for Planned Parenthood. After ... established a state certification program for doulas and expanded eligibility for patients seeking to access doula services. In ... In January 2021, Aird joined Lamont Bagby as a co-patron of HB 2333 which established a program to enable eligible health care ...
Diseases of poverty
... and access to health services contributes towards poor health behaviour. At the same time, these diseases act as a barrier for ... and reproductive dysfunction. According to the World Health Organization, 2.4 billion people are exposed to household air ... World Health Organization, 2008. The 8th Global Conference on Health Promotion (2014). Health in all policies: Helsinki ... Individuals living in LMIC have greater exposure to these risk factors in the setting of reduced access to health care services ...
List of nurses
... pioneer of reproductive health services in Nigeria Jane Delano (1862-1919), founder of the American Red Cross Nursing Service ... and then worked in the United States Public Health Service Elizabeth Warham Forster (1886-1972), American nurse who served the ... Articles with short description, Short description is different from Wikidata, Use mdy dates from July 2013, Lists of health ... Jessie Sleet Scales (1865-1956), first black public health nurse in the United States. Myrah Keating Smith (1908-1994) nurse, ...
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. "平成１５年６月３日に公表した「水銀を含有する魚介類等の 摂食に関する注意事項」について". Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare ( ... Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), and the Secretary of Commerce, which is delegated to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric ... Because whales generally have slow growth rates, are slow to reach sexual maturity, and have a low reproductive output, ... The Service is responsible for ensuring the protection
Among California girls aged 14-19 seeking school-based health services, 12.4% reported experiencing reproductive coercion. ... Strategies include educating patients on the reproductive health impacts of reproductive coercion, counseling on harm reduction ... Reproductive coercion (also called coerced reproduction, reproductive control or reproductive abuse) is a collection of ... the Reproductive Health and HIV Research Unit National Youth Survey". American Journal of Public Health. 97 (7): 1241-8. doi: ...
... s can be denied National Health Service treatment unless they can afford to pay. Untreated illnesses can worsen ... and reproductive problems. If these workers do get injured or sick from work, they are left to navigate the American healthcare ... "A systematic review of working conditions and occupational health among immigrants in Europe and Canada." BMC Public Health ( ... the fiscal burden that may result on native taxpayers for providing health and social services to migrants, (3) fears of ...
Environmental effects of shipping
Maritime International Secretariat Services - Shipping Industry Guidance on Environmental Compliance GloBallast partnership ( ... Vidal, John (9 April 2009). "Health risks of shipping pollution have been 'underestimated'". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 July ... and abnormal reproductive cycles. One of the more widely known spills was the Exxon Valdez incident in Alaska. The ship ran ... The United States' National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) ...
Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive
Contact with solder paste no longer represents the same health hazard as it used to. Contrary to the predictions of widespread ... "RoHS one year later: The good news is…the bad news was wrong; Contract Electronics Services Directory Listings". ... Researchers are associating these exposures with neurological, developmental, and reproductive changes. RoHS and other ... Ogunseitan, Oladele A. (2007). "Public health and environmental benefits of adopting lead-free solders". JOM. 59 (7): 12. ...
Factions in the Democratic Party (United States)
Thompson, Priscilla (September 19, 2019). "Buttigieg unveils health plan, calls it 'glide path' to Medicare for All". NBC News ... reproductive rights, and ending capital punishment. Following Roosevelt's New Deal, Harry S. Truman's Fair Deal, John F. ... Don't Tell ban on openly gay service in the Armed Forces. Most moderate Democrats in the House of Representatives are members ...
"PTSD symptom clusters associated with physical health and health care utilization in rural primary care patients exposed to ... Evidence evaluating the impact of assault or harassment during military service, and medical care is fraught with victim ... Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology. 24 (3): 187-197. doi:10.1080/02646830600821231. S2CID 146750167. Retrieved 2017- ... and mental health systems to address their wrongs they risk disbelief, blame, and refusal of help. Priorities of the ...
Deborah J. Glick
Glick was the lead sponsor of the Reproductive Health Act, to codify and expand protections granted in Roe vs. Wade in New York ... Glick owned and managed a small printing business in TriBeCa before becoming Deputy Director of General Services at the New ... and women's health concerns. The Women's Health and Wellness Act, a bill that promotes early detection and prevention of ... She has worked on issues of concern to women for over thirty years, including advocating for reproductive freedom, a change in ...
Zeng, Yang; Zhou, Feng-Hao; Zhu, Dao-Hong (2018-06-26). "Fight outcome briefly affects the reproductive fitness of male ... and as females desire to secure the services of the most sexually attractive males, an additive effect is created that, if ... suggesting that male elaborations might serve as a marker of health, by exaggerating the effects of disease and deficiency. ... Newcomer, Scott D.; Zeh, Jeanne A.; Zeh, David W. (31 August 1999). "Genetic benefits enhance the reproductive success of ...
Health in Nepal
... lack of health education and conflicting traditional beliefs. Reproductive health care is limited and difficult to access for ... Health care services in Nepal are provided by both public and private sectors and are generally regarded as failing to meet ... Rural health facilities often lack adequate funding. In 2003, Nepal had 10 health centers, 83 hospitals, 700 health posts, and ... Health care services, hygiene, nutrition, and sanitation in Nepal are of inferior quality and fail to reach a large proportion ...
Family planning services during COVID-19
... it is critical that access to family planning services remains available while keeping healthcare providers and their patients ... and Providing Quality Family Planning Services (QFP)* provide relevant recommendations for providing quality family planning ... services while helping to facilitate access and minimizing in-person contact between patients and providers. ... Global Reproductive Healthplus icon *Monitoring and Evaluating Maternal and Child Health Programs ...
Browsing WHA59 by Subject "Reproductive Health Services"
Browsing EB95 by Subject "Reproductive Health Services"
Rapid Assessment of continuity of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Right' services | WHO | Regional Office for Africa
... regular assessments of the provision of sexual and reproductive health and rights services are conducted. They aim to identify ... tool to ensure that people in the WHO African Region have access to sexual and reproductive health and rights services at all ... As the lead health authority within the United Nations (UN) system, we help ensure the safety of the air we breathe, the food ... Health lays the foundation for vibrant and productive communities, stronger economies, safer nations and a better world. Our ...
Nurse Practitioners and Sexual and Reproductive Health Services | RAND
... and expanding health insurance coverage from 2010 health care reform align to create a gap in NPs to meet SRH needs, especially ... RAND Health Quarterly, 2012; 2(3):3 Abstract. Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services is projected to grow between ... What is Sexual and Reproductive Health? Sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care is sometimes thought of narrowly as maternal ... NPs, in particular, are essential providers of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services in the United States, especially ...
WEBSTER v. REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SERVICES | FindLaw
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SERVICES. Read the Courts full decision on FindLaw. ... The two nonprofit corporations are Reproductive Health Services, which offers family planning and gynecological services to the ... Brief for Association of Reproductive Health Professionals [492 U.S. 490, 523] et al. as Amici Curiae 38. It may be correct ... I also see no conflict with the Courts holding in Akron v. Akron Center for Reproductive Health, Inc., 462 U.S. 416 (1983), ...
Universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services | Vitrines do Conhecimento
Universal access to health services related to reproductive and sexual health. Ensuring access for all people to their ... ODS3 - Meta3.7: Universal access to health services related to reproductive and sexual health. 3.7 By 2030, ensure universal ... Sexual and Reproductive Health and Universal Health Coverage Learning by Sharing Portal ... Safe abortion services , Violence against women and harmful practices , Sexual health and reproductive rights , Sexually ...
Governor Baker Signs Legislation Further Protecting Access to Reproductive Health Care Services | Mass.gov
Media Contact for Governor Baker Signs Legislation Further Protecting Access to Reproductive Health Care Services. Terry ... Media Contact for Governor Baker Signs Legislation Further Protecting Access to Reproductive Health Care Services. Terry ... Media Contact for Governor Baker Signs Legislation Further Protecting Access to Reproductive Health Care Services. Terry ... The law also adopts several new or expanded measures to protect access to reproductive health services in the Commonwealth. All ...
Centers Deceive on Reproductive Health Study Finds / Public News Service
"They draw people in by misleading folks and giving the false impression that they are full-service reproductive health clinics ... "Expanding access to reproductive-health care and access to comprehensive medically accurate sexual health education, both would ... health services overall are at risk, with the loss of abortion care creating repercussions along the full range of reproductive ... "So, the negative effects of being unable to access these essential health-care services are really amplified for women of color ...
Sexual & reproductive health services | The Royal Women's Hospital
Reproductive Services Reproductive Services is made up of four clinics: IVF clinic, Endocrine/Metabolic clinic, Chronic Viral ... Sexual Health & Rapid Access Service This service provides specialist sexual health care. ... The Womens provides extensive sexual and reproductive health services including contraceptive advice and prescriptions. Quick ... The Womens provides extensive sexual and reproductive health services, which include clinics for the reversal of female ...
WHO EMRO | Exploring the characteristics of public reproductive health services in the Islamic Republic of Iran from the...
Single women not addressed in reproductive health services/programmes. The target population of reproductive health services of ... studies have shown unmet reproductive health needs of young people (14,15). Like other services, reproductive health services ... A number of service providers who had at least 6 months of experience in providing reproductive health services were also ... An effective reproductive health service needs to provide different services and should include people at all ages and both ...
Article: New essential norms must include sexual and reproductive health services | OpEd News
... on the need to include sexual and reproductive health services as essential services during emergency or pandemic situations ... These services are always essential, but become even more important during emergencies or crisis situations. ... New essential norms must include sexual and reproductive health services - This article is written by six people from Indian ... Related Topic(s): Girls; Health; Health; Health Care Emergency; Health Care Reproductive; Health HIV-AIDS; Lockdown; Pregnancy ...
Service Linkages - Institute for Reproductive Health
California goes all in for reproductive rights: 'Abortion is a basic health care service' | Salon.com
California goes all in for reproductive rights: "Abortion is a basic health care service" California issued a letter requiring ... Thus, all health plans must treat maternity services and legal abortion neutrally." ... "a basic health care service.". The letter was a reversal on a previous decision allowing Anthem Blue Cross and Kaiser ... "Pro-life employers have the freedom to choose health insurance plans that do not conflict with their beliefs on the dignity of ...
Telehealth for the Abortion Pill | Reproductive Health Services of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region
Reproductive Health Services of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region * Donate ... In Illinois, Reproductive Health Services offers telehealth for the abortion pill (where you have a virtual visit with a ... Back to Reproductive Health Services of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region ... 2022 Reproductive Health Services of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region ...
Provider Refusal and Access to Reproductive Health Services: Approaching a New Balance | Guttmacher Institute
... refusal to participate in sexual and reproductive health services. In an opinion entitled The Limits of Conscientious Refusal ... put itself squarely in the middle of a simmering debate about health care providers ... in Reproductive Medicine, the colleges committee on ethics asserted that a right to refuse does exist but must be balanced ... International Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health (1975-2020). *Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health (1969 ...
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre - Sexual and Reproductive Health - Clinical Services | Alberta Health Services
... youth-friendly drop-in services and booked appointments for Sexual & Reproductive Health services. ... Reproductive Health services.. Urban Calgary Sexual & Reproductive Health Clinics offer the following services:. *birth control ... Sexual and Reproductive Health - Clinical Services. Location: Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre ... Not all services are available at all locations. Check with each clinic to check what services they offer. Some services may be ...
Protecting Emergency Reproductive Health Care Services in Religiously Affiliated Health Care Entitie
... ability to provide appropriate care in urgent situations involving reproductive health care. ... Protecting Emergency Reproductive Health Care Services in Religiously Affiliated Health Care Entities. That in urgent ... situations involving reproductive health care, the WSMA establish policy that supports efforts to protect healthcare ...
Best Practices for Youth-Friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health Services in Schools - Advocates for Youth
... and sexual and reproductive health services. SBHCs typically provide health services to young people attending the school in ... two each on reproductive and sexual health, substance use, mental health, violence, and general health. All the health provider ... OFFER AN ARRAY OF REPRODUCTIVE AND SEXUAL HEALTH SERVICES. These can include education and counseling, contraceptive services, ... counseling services, reproductive health care, and social services specifically targeted for adolescents. SLHCs, however, have ...
Northern District of Illinois | Federal Charge Filed Against Man for Allegedly Damaging Reproductive Health Services Facility...
Federal Charge Filed Against Man for Allegedly Damaging Reproductive Health Services Facility in Chicago ... CHICAGO - A man was charged today in federal court with intentionally damaging a reproductive health services facility in ... Federal Charge Filed Against Man For Allegedly Damaging Reproductive Health Services Facility In Chicago ... The charge accuses Barron of damaging the facility because it provided reproductive health services. ...
Study reveals critical gaps in maternal health services for women of reproductive age - Pakistan Observer
Home Islamabad Study reveals critical gaps in maternal health services for women of reproductive... ... Study reveals critical gaps in maternal health services for women of reproductive age. By ... National Institute of Population Studies found critical gaps in maternal health services for women of reproductive age in ... The study analysis that had technical and financial support of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations ...
Effective integration of sexual reproductive health and HIV prevention, treatment and care services across sub-saharan africa:...
Kenya has made remarkable progress in integrating a range of reproductive health services with HIV/AIDS services over the past ... Despite significant interest in integrating sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services into HIV services, less attention has ... implications for differentiated care service delivery models Safer conception services promote the reproductive health and ... Effective Integration of Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care Services across sub-Saharan Africa: ...
Women's Reproductive Health Services at UnityPoint Health | Des Moines
Learn more from the UnityPoint Health - Des Moines Womens Services team in Des Moines. ... Reproductive Health. Having children remains a major life factor for more than 80 percent of American women. But for every ... Dont be afraid to discuss any concerns, problems or questions about your reproductive health with your doctor. Find a doctor ... Copyright ® 2022 UnityPoint Health. All Rights Reserved. ® ℠ trademarks of UnityPoint Health. , Web Development byBlue Compass ...
Assessing Integration Methodology (AIM): A Handbook for Measuring and Assessing the Integration of Family Planning and Other...
A Handbook for Measuring and Assessing the Integration of Family Planning and Other Reproductive Health Services. ... Program managers and policymakers often seek to increase links between family planning services and related services that ... evaluate the effect of linked or integrated services, and assess and evaluate the costs of models to integrate services. ... Decisionmakers can use the AIM handbook to assess the feasibility of linking services, identify programmatic or structural ...
Impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic and Response on Reproductive, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Service Provision in Zambia...
Disclosable Version of the ISR - Uganda Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health Services Improvement Project - P155186 -...
Providing reproductive health, skilled delivery, post-natal care and non-communicable disease services to rural communities...
Providing reproductive health, skilled delivery, post-natal care and non-communicable disease services to rural communities ... Health Provider training, Information and Communications Technology, Peer education, Public-private partnership, Service ... Working towards scaling integrated reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and non-communicable disease (NCD) ... with target communities and incorporate complementary financial service enterprises that cross-subsidize health service costs. ...
Trends in utilisation and inequality in the use of reproductive health services in Sub-Saharan Africa | BMC Public Health |...
The good news however is that in a lot of countries, the use of reproductive health services has increased while inequality has ... However, current levels of inequality in the use of reproductive health services are high in many countries. Interestingly, ... The results confirm the fact that utilisation of the selected reproductive health services have improved substantially over the ... changes in utilisation as well as inequality in utilisation of reproductive health services over the last 10 years in SSA. The ...
COVID-19 and abortion care: why we need remote access to reproductive health services - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Blog Posts...
COVID-19 and abortion care: why we need remote access to reproductive health services. Posted on March 31, 2020. by ... Abortion, BMJ Sexual & Reproductive Health, News, Public HealthTagged abortion, access to abortion, covid-19, misoprostol, ... other countries to increase the availability of telemedical healthcare services generally and specifically reproductive health ... The telemedical abortion service model we advocate for is similar in some ways to services that are already provided in other ...
Sexual and Reproductive Health in Epidemics: What can we do to protect women's and girls' health services in times of crisis? |...
... essential womens reproductive health services can be deprioritised, while the health service focuses on halting transmission ... This can result in entirely preventable morbidity and mortality, and can traumatise families and health workers. ... During public health crises, such as the West African Ebola outbreak of 2014 - 2016, ... essential womens reproductive health services can be deprioritised, while the health service focuses on halting transmission ...
HealthcareWorld Health OrganCenters2020Offer reproductive health counseliAfricaImpact of the Covid-19 PandemicClinicsWomen's Reproductive Health ServicesProvides reproductive health care serEssential reproductive health servicesPregnancy2019BarriersGuttmacher Institute2017ContraceptionOutcomesAbortion servicesAdolescentsWomenPopulationsSexually transmitteGynecology2016Public healthOrganization2021Contraceptive servicesFertilityCare servicesCenterPandemicMaternitySexual reproductiveAdvocatesCaliforniaEducationMaternal healthPregnanciesSafe abortionCoronavirusContentPractice2000PopulationResponsesMental healthAIDSGapsClinicFamilySRHRProvisionResearch
- During COVID-19, it is critical that access to family planning services remains available while keeping healthcare providers and their patients safe. (cdc.gov)
- In the wake of the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision, the Wheaton College injunction and a stream of recent political blows to access to reproductive healthcare, California is breaking with the national trend and defending reproductive rights in unprecedented ways. (salon.com)
- Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information. (albertahealthservices.ca)
- That in urgent situations involving reproductive health care, the WSMA establish policy that supports efforts to protect healthcare professionals' ability, without fear of penalty or risk of losing their employment, to use their best clinical judgment to provide appropriate care within the professional's scope of practice, education, training, and experience and within the accepted standard of care when delay could result in complications. (wsma.org)
- Working towards scaling integrated reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and non-communicable disease (NCD) services for under-served rural communities (where the burden is under-estimated and outcomes are poor), this project anchors its intervention on its model of healthcare delivery: through Ubuntu-Afya Medical Centres. (grandchallenges.ca)
- the British Pregnancy Advisory Service , which currently operates a large proportion of the UK's (excluding Northern Ireland) reproductive healthcare clinics, has issued advice that those with a cough or temperature should isolate for seven days and rebook any appointments. (bmj.com)
- We believe that women should be able to be consulted remotely about reproductive healthcare and potential treatment, be prescribed that treatment during that consultation, be sent the medication by post, and then women can self-administer both abortion medications at home. (bmj.com)
- His focus on sexual, reproductive and maternal healthcare for populations in times of crisis has taken him to many countries working with international aid organisation, UN bodies and governments. (lshtm.ac.uk)
- The WHO has provided important guidance for reproductive healthcare, which is central to women's health and can itself be life-saving. (reproductiverights.org)
- they live in a reality that has the added layers of transportation needs, access to healthcare services, and traditional cultural obstacles that other women do not. (episcopalchurch.org)
- Therefore, in Indonesia, urban areas lack maternal-child healthcare services utilization and higher adverse events due to unwanted pregnancy than rural areas. (tci-thaijo.org)
- Kindly take note that all the ZNFPC clinics will be open during the festive season to ensure our valued clients receive quality integrated healthcare services. (govserv.org)
World Health Organ9
- World Health Organization (WHO) trains Rapid Responders to strengthen timely response to health emergencies in Zanzibar and beyond. (who.int)
- The study analysis that had technical and financial support of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) examines the predictors of maternal mortality in Pakistan and unpacks causes of maternal deaths while also identifying the societal and medical factors that contribute to the tragic loss of maternal lives. (pakobserver.net)
- Early medical abortion, the World Health Organization recommends , should be carried out before nine weeks gestation. (bmj.com)
- by World Health Organization. (who.int)
- (Geneva-New York)- The following is the statement of Nancy Northup, president and CEO of the Center for Reproductive Rights regarding the Trump Administration's suspension of funding of the World Health Organization (WHO). (reproductiverights.org)
- The content is based on the most recent clinical evidence by the World Health Organization (WHO) and IAWG's 2018 Inter-Agency Field Manual for Reproductive Health in Humanitarian Settings. (iawg.net)
- We at the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), in solidarity with the 143 Midwives' Associations we represent, stand in support of our long-time partner, the World Health Organization (WHO) as this vital, global institution experiences drastic and unprecedented funding suspension. (internationalmidwives.org)
- Our medical guidelines are based on scientific data collected from MSF's experiences, the World Health Organization (WHO), other renowned international medical institutions, and medical and scientific journals. (msf.org)
- Vitamin A deficiency also affects about 19 million pregnant women, mostly from the World Health Organization (WHO) regions of Africa and South-East Asia. (bvsalud.org)
- Kim Clark, senior attorney for reproductive rights, health and justice at the advocacy organization Legal Voice, said crisis pregnancy centers purposely deceive people. (publicnewsservice.org)
- Schools are in a unique position to provide their students comprehensive health services and referrals to community-based health centers, due to their accessibility to students and their ability to provide health education targeted specifically for young people. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- Four strategies through which schools commonly utilize to provide health services and referrals to care for students are school nurses, school-based health centers, school-linked health centers, and partnerships with community-based organizations (CBOs) or health departments. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- School-based health centers (SBHCs) provide comprehensive medical and mental health screening and treatment for young people on their school campus. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- School-linked health centers (SLHCs) are similar to SBHCs in that they provide a wide array of general medical services, counseling services, reproductive health care, and social services specifically targeted for adolescents. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- A key benefit of SLHCs is the ability to go beyond school populations and serve youth who are not in school, homeless youth, and youth in detention centers, shelters, and other social service programs. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- We at the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) are deeply concerned about recent news reports that the staff of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other agencies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) have been instructed not to use seven specific words in the context of the 2019 budget proposal process. (midwife.org)
- Editor's Note: This story was first published on New Hampshire Bulletin.Reproductive health care centers warned lawmakers Thursday that a bill. (vnews.com)
- Sexual health is impacted by socioeconomic and cultural contexts-including policies, practices, and services-that support healthy outcomes for individuals, families, and their communities (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Health Resources and Services Administration Advisory Committee on HIV, Viral Hepatitis, and STD Prevention and Treatment). (navy.mil)
- Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services is projected to grow between 10 and 20 percent from 2006 to 2020. (rand.org)
- International Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health (1975-2020) published peer-reviewed research on sexual and reproductive health in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Asia. (guttmacher.org)
- Method: Narrative review carired out in three databases, in March 2020, using the descriptors mental health and coronavirus. (bvsalud.org)
Offer reproductive health counseli1
- Staff should also not offer reproductive health counseling services, and any political activities related to abortion must be carried out without any university resources or affiliation. (yahoo.com)
- and ‡Programme on Health Systems and Impact Evaluation, Wellcome Trust Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, Mtubatuba, South Africa. (nih.gov)
- Both sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services and HIV programs in sub-Saharan Africa are typically delivered vertically, operating parallel to national health systems. (nih.gov)
- The objective of this study was to map the evidence on national and international strategies for integration of SRH and HIV services in sub-Saharan Africa and to develop a research agenda for future health systems integration. (nih.gov)
- Five countries in sub-Saharan Africa with experience of integrating SRH and HIV services were purposively sampled for detailed thematic analysis, according to the health systems functions of governance, policy and planning, financing, health workforce organization, service organization, and monitoring and evaluation. (nih.gov)
- The majority of women in Africa lack access to basic sexual and reproductive health services and information, safe labour and delivery services, emergency obstetric care, essential drugs and contraceptive supplies. (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- These shocking realities should now more than ever prompt multilateral organisations such as the Bank to not only increase resource allocation towards the realisation of SRHR but also promote public health and human rights for women and girls in Africa as a priority. (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- This is vital especially in Africa where outright theft, corruption, mismanagement of funds, poor procurement procedures, mistreatment of the poor by health providers and kickbacks for services provided remain rampant. (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- Prior to joining The Union, Lara advocated for better health policies in Europe and provided public relations advice to multinational organisations in South Africa. (theunion.org)
Impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic1
- Estimates of the Potential Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Sexual and Reproductive Health In Low- and Middle-Income Countries. (bvsalud.org)
- Nurse Practitioners (NPs) with a women's health focus are key providers of SRH care in Title X-funded clinics, which deliver a significant proportion of U.S. family planning and SRH services to low-income populations. (rand.org)
- Barriers to increasing the supply of NPs competent in SRH care-such as reduced funding for WHNP training, increased funding for primary care and geriatric NP training, and a shrinking proportion of WHNPs choosing to work in public health, clinics, and family planning-are identified. (rand.org)
- The Guttmacher Institute, a health-policy think tank, says as October began, 66 clinics across 15 states had been forced to stop offering abortions. (publicnewsservice.org)
- They draw people in by misleading folks and giving the false impression that they are full-service reproductive health clinics," Clark explained. (publicnewsservice.org)
- The Women's provides extensive sexual and reproductive health services, which include clinics for the reversal of female genital mutilation, infertility investigation and assisted reproductive technologies, sexual counselling and sexual health screening, and contraceptive advice and prescriptions. (thewomens.org.au)
- Calgary Zone clinics offer confidential & youth-friendly drop-in services and booked appointments for Sexual & Reproductive Health services. (albertahealthservices.ca)
- Through their intimate linguistic and cultural knowledge of the communities they serve, they are able to provide quality contraceptive counseling, low-cost short-acting methods, and referrals to WINGS medical clinics for additional services. (worldcentric.com)
- One survey administered to 14- to 20-year-old female clients seeking care in five urban adolescent clinics found that teen girls in violent relationships were more than twice as likely to have forgone reproductive health care as their counterparts who were not in violent relationships. (childtrends.org)
- As most advocates for women's reproductive rights know, FACE has been very effective in reducing harassment, violent confrontation, vandalism, arson, murder and other criminal activities aimed at clinics, health care providers, patients and volunteers. (now.org)
- Convenient walk-in care clinics for your non-urgent health needs. (sutterhealth.org)
- Ten local health departments have their SSP integrated into daily public health clinics, so they are open 4 or 5 days per week, averaging 7.5 hours per day. (cdc.gov)
Women's Reproductive Health Services1
- During public health crises, such as the West African Ebola outbreak of 2014 - 2016, essential women's reproductive health services can be deprioritised, while the health service focuses on halting transmission of the infectious disease. (lshtm.ac.uk)
Provides reproductive health care ser1
- FACE also punishes anyone who intentionally damages or destroys a facility that provides reproductive health care services. (now.org)
Essential reproductive health services1
- As said by Dr Zamir to Citizen News Service (CNS), some services that are essential in our day-to-day lives are being neglected because of excess demand and shortage of supply - such as availability of contraceptives and other essential reproductive health services have taken a backseat. (opednews.com)
- The QFP provides guidance on assessing a patient's need for services related to preventing or achieving pregnancy and highlights the special needs of adolescent patients. (cdc.gov)
- During emergency or other crisis situations, safe pregnancy care, safe abortion or menstrual hygiene becomes even more vital, so we have to ensure that women's health and wellness does not slip down the priority in responding to the crisis. (opednews.com)
- According to the Associated Press , the letter said that "the California Constitution prohibits health plans from discriminating against women who choose to terminate a pregnancy. (salon.com)
- Users of reproductive health clinic services in a school pregnancy prevention program. (cdc.gov)
- The Institute's work examines the incidence of abortion, access to care and barriers to obtaining services, factors underlying women's decisions to terminate a pregnancy, characteristics of women who have abortions and the conditions under which women obtain them. (guttmacher.org)
- Women who experience relationship violence during pregnancy also have elevated stress levels, increased rates of smoking, and increased risk for substance use -all of which are linked to poor maternal and infant health . (childtrends.org)
- however, the full range of potential health problems that Zika virus infection during pregnancy may cause is not yet known. (cdc.gov)
- It is only by having access to compassionate care and prevention around both HIV and pregnancy that women can begin to access sexual and reproductive autonomy. (poz.com)
- It allows practitioners to perform abortions at any moment of pregnancy as long as they use 'good faith' in why they're doing it ('life and health' of the mother). (debatepolitics.com)
- In many cases, SSPs provide integrated services to address hepatitis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, overdose, addiction, unintended pregnancy, neonatal abstinence syndrome, and other complications of IDU. (cdc.gov)
- The study examines the association of unwanted pregnancy and the utilization of maternal-child health services, and the adverse health outcomes in urban and rural settings. (tci-thaijo.org)
- Impact of unintended pregnancy on maternal mental health: A causal analysis using follow up data of the Panel Study on Korean Children (PSKC). (tci-thaijo.org)
- An in-depth analysis of Pakistan Maternal Mortality Survey (PMMS) 2019 produced jointly by the Population Council, National Committee on Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, National Institute of Population Studies found critical gaps in maternal health services for women of reproductive age in Pakistan. (pakobserver.net)
- Dr. Azra Fazal Pechuhu, Minister for Health and Population Welfare Sindh attended the launch ceremony of the Report titled "Explaining Maternal Mortality in Pakistan: In-depth Analysis of Pakistan Maternal Mortality Survey, 2019" and reiterated Sindh government's commitment to improving health outcomes as population welfare. (pakobserver.net)
- The new law, which went into effect in November 2019, requires New York employers to update their employee handbooks to inform employees of their rights and remedies under new regulations that ban discrimination and retaliation based on an employee's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making. (loeb.com)
- Notably, earlier in 2019, New York City amended the New York City Human Rights Law to add "sexual and reproductive health decisions" to its list of protected categories. (loeb.com)
- During the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, health systems all over the world are either stressed to their maximum capacity or anticipating becoming overwhelmed. (internationalmidwives.org)
- Method Qualitative research, carried out from October 2018 to March 2019, in a Basic Health Unit located in Mara. (bvsalud.org)
- ABSTRACT This qualitative study in the Islamic Republic of Iran aimed to explore facilitators and barriers to the use of reproductive health services by unmarried women. (who.int)
- When it comes to sexual and reproductive health, there are gender-specific barriers that aggravate the disparities in access to options to prevent unintended pregnancies, sexually transmitted infections and HIV. (opednews.com)
- All teens and young adults and any person with barriers to service (e.g., no Alberta Health Care, low income, or English is not first language). (albertahealthservices.ca)
- Decisionmakers can use the AIM handbook to assess the feasibility of linking services, identify programmatic or structural barriers to integration, pilot-test approaches to integrating services, evaluate the effect of linked or integrated services, and assess and evaluate the costs of models to integrate services. (popcouncil.org)
- These additional barriers seem likely to continue for an indefinite time period as research on the virus is conducted and the Government responds accordingly, representing a significant health risk for those who cannot access treatment at all or, as a result of delays, may have to receive a less safe or more invasive alternative. (bmj.com)
- This study explored the availability and quality of, and access barriers to RH services in three humanitarian settings in Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), and South Sudan. (columbia.edu)
- Focus groups revealed limited knowledge of available RH services and socio-cultural barriers to accessing them, although participants reported a remarkable increase in use of facility-based delivery services. (columbia.edu)
- Share-Net Netherlands has 11 working groups Burundi has established 6 working groups on youth-focused efforts, access to SRHR services, opportunities and barriers facing knowledge sharing, community contribution to SRH of adolescents, PBF, research and monitoring & evaluation (M&E). Share-Net Bangladesh does not work with fixed working groups as they have a more flexible system working with resource groups that are established based on the identified priority theme. (kit.nl)
- They take a holistic approach to reproductive health that recognizes the diverse barriers to exercising rights and engages community members to secure reproductive rights and bring their voices to the forefront of the decision-making process. (worldcentric.com)
- Report: Dramatic Increase in Attacks on Reproductive Rights Salon's Jenny Kutner calls a new report released by the Guttmacher Institute charting legislative attacks on reproductive rights "foreboding. (reproductiverights.org)
- The Guttmacher Institute monitors and analyzes state policy developments-including legislative, judicial and executive actions - on a broad range of issues related to sexual and reproductive health and rights. (seniorwomen.com)
- In 2017, BRA handed over the management of its Medical Center to the Dominican Ministry of Health to continue delivering quality health services to populations in need. (bateyrelief.org)
- Charlotte O'Sullivan has been working with The Union since 2017, bringing more than 20 years' experience in the development of health services in reproductive health, nutrition, maternal and child health, systems strengthening, TB and HIV. (theunion.org)
- Access to reproductive health services such as at least four (4+) antenatal visits (43.3% in 2000 to 51.5% in 2014), contraception prevalence among women 15-49 years who are in a union (15.4% in 1994 to 28.4 in 2015) have equally improved substantially in SSA [ 13 , 15 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- About half of the participants reported providing RH services, and only 21% were involved in dispensing emergency contraception pills. (bvsalud.org)
- By demonstrating the struggle for sound standard of care for non-medical reproductive health care providers during the nineteenth and early twentieth century, this project emphasizes what the standards of reproductive health care for abortion and contraception might be like if the organizations that made them so readily available, like Planned Parenthood, were defunded or criminalized in our modern setting. (asu.edu)
- The Mother's Health Clinic opened in Phoenix, Arizona, in 1937 and provided women in central Arizona with contraception and family planning resources. (asu.edu)
- Contraception and Reproductive Medicine, 4, 8. (tci-thaijo.org)
- A shortage of NPs has the potential to undermine the delivery of SRH care, potentially leading to worse health outcomes. (rand.org)
- The paper argues that unlike the income literature, the public health literature has not paid much attention to the distribution of substantial improvements in health outcomes over the last decade or more, especially, in the Sub-Saharan African (SSA) context. (biomedcentral.com)
- Just like the income growth narrative, health outcomes have equally witnessed tremendous improvements over the last two decades. (biomedcentral.com)
- Unlike the income growth and inequality discourse, the health inequality literature is not clear whether improvements in health outcomes in SSA over the last two decades have been equitably distributed and consequently a reduction in health-related inequalities. (biomedcentral.com)
- Betty works closely with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation, advising on the implementation of programmes and improving reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health outcomes. (lshtm.ac.uk)
- STRIDES for Family Health collaborated with the MOH and adopted Management Sciences for Health's (MSH) Leadership Development Program (LDP) to improve management and leadership in districts, health institutions, and communities to improve health outcomes. (msh.org)
- The CDC's recommendations must meet the criteria of delivering the most rigorous, unbiased best practices that science can inform to assure the best possible health outcomes for all. (midwife.org)
- This federal election Women's Health in the South East are calling on politicians and policy leaders to publicly commit to taking real action to prioritise and invest in primary prevention to support better health outcomes for all women. (whise.org.au)
- Unequal distribution of power and resources, discrimination, harmful gender norms and practices result in negative health outcomes for women and drives violence against women. (whise.org.au)
- Appellees, state-employed health professionals and private nonprofit corporations providing abortion services, brought suit in the District Court for declaratory and injunctive relief challenging the constitutionality of a Missouri statute regulating the performance of abortions. (findlaw.com)
- Guttmacher also tracks abortion-related legislation and policies at the federal and state level, promoting access to abortion services and making an evidence-based case against restrictions that limit access. (guttmacher.org)
- Urge the Senate to pass the Women's Health Protection Act, which would establish a legal right for health care providers to provide, and for their patients to receive, abortion services free of restrictions and bans that delay or obstruct access to care. (rac.org)
- Two other states, New York and California, require nearly all health plans to cover abortion services, says Gretchen Borchelt, vice president for reproductive rights and health at the National Women's Law Center . (nwlc.org)
- Local evidence about adolescents' reproductive health knowledge, services utilization and associated factors are relevant to design age-appropriate program interventions and strategies. (biomedcentral.com)
- Hence, this study assessed the level of reproductive health knowledge and services utilization among rural adolescents in Machakel district, Northwest Ethiopia. (biomedcentral.com)
- A community-based cross-sectional study was conducted to assess the level of reproductive health knowledge and services utilization of rural adolescents in Machakel district. (biomedcentral.com)
- More than two-third (67%) of the adolescents had knowledge about reproductive health. (biomedcentral.com)
- However, only one-fifth (21.5%) of the adolescents had ever used reproductive health services including family planning, sexually transmitted infections treatment and information, education and communication. (biomedcentral.com)
- Parent disapproval, lack of basic information and pressure from partners were found to deter adolescents from accessing and using reproductive health services. (biomedcentral.com)
- Reproductive health knowledge and services utilization amongst rural adolescents remained low. (biomedcentral.com)
- Adolescence is characterized by significant physiological, psychological and social changes that put adolescents for high risk sexual and reproductive health (SRH) problems. (biomedcentral.com)
- The concern about adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) has grown due to unprecedented increasing rates of sexual activity, early pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections (STI) including human immune deficiency virus (HIV) among adolescents [ 3 , 4 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- Since the 1994 International Conference on Population Development (ICPD) in Cairo, Egypt, adolescent-friendly reproductive health services (AFRHS) have been recognized as an appropriate and effective strategy to address SRH needs of adolescents [ 5 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- Despite 35% of the world population being in the 10-24 age groups, the reproductive health (RH) needs of adolescents have neither been researched nor addressed adequately [ 7 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- There are few studies on knowledge, attitude and practice of adolescents in relation to their RH in Ethiopia showing a significant discrepancy between knowledge about and the level of services utilization in particular and poor access to RH services in general [ 9 - 12 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- Exploring the sexual and reproductive health of adolescents in South Asia. (who.int)
- Previous research using data from the National Health Interview Survey found that about 6% of adolescents have serious emotional or behavioral difficulties. (cdc.gov)
- We also offer comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care services for adolescents in the urban district of Mbare, and support the health ministry to respond to disease outbreaks. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- This growth is driven largely by changes in the racial/ethnic make-up of the population of women of reproductive age and an increase in the number of people with insurance coverage because of new health care legislation. (rand.org)
- It offers a range of potential non-health benefits that encompass expanded education opportunities and empowerment for women, and sustainable population growth and economic development for countries. (bvsalud.org)
- The Court's decision has major consequences for women across the country who live in states with limited access to these services, and our administration took quick action in the hours following that decision by issuing an Executive Order to protect access here in the Commonwealth. (mass.gov)
- Exploring the characteristics of public reproductive health services in the Islamic Republic of Iran from the perspectives of unmarried women: what needs to be changed? (who.int)
- A purposive sample of unmarried women aged 25-60 years in Isfahan city were interviewed about their experiences of reproductive health services in public health centres. (who.int)
- Many organisations like Sustainable Health Enterprise (SHE), Goonj, Code Red, among others, are working towards providing women with proper affordable and accessible sanitary napkins. (opednews.com)
- Female sex workers (FSW) have a greater HIV burden compared to other reproductive-aged women and experience high incidence of pregnancies. (biomedcentral.com)
- But for every women, young or old, with children or not, the health of her reproductive organ remains important throughout life. (unitypoint.org)
- This goes for women who have passed menopause, too, since the risk of reproductive organ cancers goes up as we get older. (unitypoint.org)
- At the end of 2018 the Department of Health announced that in England, following measures implemented earlier in Scotland and Wales, it would become legal for pregnant women to take misoprostol, the second of the two abortion pills at home . (bmj.com)
- Being able to take misoprostol at home has afforded women more privacy, dignity, and freedom in how they access essential reproductive services. (bmj.com)
- The introduction of a health policy that would enable entirely remote access to abortion for women is necessary. (bmj.com)
- The telemedical abortion service model we advocate for is similar in some ways to services that are already provided in other countries, such as parts of the United States and Australia, and internationally by organisations such as Women on Web . (bmj.com)
- She worked with women and young people in Sierra Leone for many years, ensuring they have access to sexual reproductive health (SRH) information and services, and are empowered to make choices that are right for them. (lshtm.ac.uk)
- AMANITARE, the African partnership for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women and Girls, noted with great concern the controversy that surrounded the recently approved Health, Nutrition and Population strategy of the World Bank that had initially given little reference to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- This means that to access SRHR services, women must seek approval, beg for money, and take time away from tending the farm or looking after cattle, which may be considered more important. (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- WINGS Guatemala provides quality reproductive health education and services to underserved, primarily rural Guatemalan youth, women, and men. (worldcentric.com)
- Founded in 2001, WINGS Guatemala is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides quality reproductive health education and services to underserved, primarily rural Guatemalan youth, women, and men. (worldcentric.com)
- Access to family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services is critical to the health of women and children worldwide. (kff.org)
- Delay or denial of time-sensitive, essential health care, exacerbates the dire situation we are facing around the globe, but especially for marginalized populations, including women and girls, threatening their rights to life, health and gender equality in fundamental ways. (reproductiverights.org)
- Around the world, the unmet need for safe and effective contraceptive services is staggering: Roughly 215 million women in developing. (reproductiverights.org)
- 3 Women involved in violent romantic relationships are less likely to access necessary reproductive health care. (childtrends.org)
- Almost nine percent of women in the United States, and roughly 10 percent of men, reported ever having a partner who tried to control their reproductive or sexual health. (childtrends.org)
- Their goals were - and remain to this day - to terrorize health care providers, women who seek reproductive health care services and their allies to achieve their ideological and political goals. (now.org)
- Women of reproductive age who have had or anticipate future Zika virus exposure who do not want to become pregnant should use the most effective contraceptive method that can be used correctly and consistently. (cdc.gov)
- ICM, in partnership with UNFPA, is uniting in solidarity with our global midwifery workforce to launch a series of calls to action for governments, decision makers, donors and health institutions to ensure the protection of midwives, women and newborns during the COVID-19 pandemic. (internationalmidwives.org)
- Click here to access the Public Health Department of England's social distancing guidelines, including guidance for those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus, such as pregnant women. (internationalmidwives.org)
- House Bill 937 endangers the health and lives of women by allowing non-physicians to perforin abortions. (afro.com)
- The bill risks lowering the high standard of reproductive health care services received by women in Maryland. (afro.com)
- One study of adult women of three ethnic groups in the US found no association between disclosure and depressed mood or health-related psychological distress, except among Latinas in whom a modest association was found (Comer 2000). (bvsalud.org)
- Health policies must be changed, and social restrictions that circumscribe women need to be eliminated. (cdc.gov)
- 3) The global agenda for preventing communicable diseases among women rests on two premises, namely, that understanding women's health in developing countries, particularly the health risks they face, is important for instituting appropriate interventions to address women's specific health needs, and that women's participation in health promotion and disease prevention is key to the health of families and communities worldwide. (cdc.gov)
- Women cannot access the services they require and this is amplified in diverse populations and areas of low access to public transport and services. (whise.org.au)
- A National Sexual and Reproductive Health Strategy and funding to support its implementation to ensure women can access services close to where they live. (whise.org.au)
- Reproductive rights denied: the hyde Amendment and access to abortion for native american women using indian health service facilities. (bvsalud.org)
- The starting point for this guideline is the point at which a woman has learnt that she is living with HIV, and it therefore covers key issues for providing comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights-related services and support for women living with HIV. (bvsalud.org)
- Enhance your skills in all aspects of care for women with pre-malignant and malignancies of the reproductive tract in this comprehensive two-year program. (umanitoba.ca)
- In the hospital and the community, work with a team providing evidence-based care and services to women at all stages of life. (umanitoba.ca)
- An adjustment approach is required in maternal-child health-related programs in both areas, particularly for women living in urban. (tci-thaijo.org)
- She is also on the board of Black Women for Wellness Action Project, the only 501(c)4 organization in the country focused solely on Black Women's reproductive justice. (caringforcolorado.org)
- ABSTRACT Objective To understand the perceptions of women with sickle cell disease (SCD) about reproductive planning in a public health service. (bvsalud.org)
- ABSTRACT Objective To reveal the comprehension of women and health professionals about the feminine vulnerability belonging to the collective of lesbians, bisexuals, and transsexuals' women. (bvsalud.org)
- Increased outreach may be needed to let patient populations know about current services, such as featuring access to family planning services on a health system's or clinic's website, or sending messages to patients about services offered, including family planning services. (cdc.gov)
- They aim to identify gaps in the availability of essential SRHR services to populations. (who.int)
- NPs, in particular, are essential providers of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services in the United States, especially for low-income populations. (rand.org)
- Funding for midwifery, nurse midwifery, and nurse practitioner education has been more modest, which I find disappointing because they are qualified to provide many reproductive health services and are more likely to care for underserved populations. (medscape.com)
- These are hospitals that serve diverse populations, including people with private insurance coverage and Medi-Cal-the California State Medicaid program-among other types of health care coverage. (healthlaw.org)
- The BRA Health Initiative aimed to deliver or support comprehensive health and HIV/AIDS services to populations that are unable to afford basic medical attention due to extreme poverty. (bateyrelief.org)
- and equalise access to essential HIV services, particularly those that cater to children and key vulnerable populations. (co.tt)
- ABSTRACT Objective: To identify the repercussions on mental health of groups and populations in the context of the new coronavirus pandemic. (bvsalud.org)
- Through these partnerships, schools can offer a wider range of health and social services to students such as testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- This study examines the determinants of the use of four types of reproductive health-care services in Uttar Pradesh, India: contraceptive services, antenatal care, delivery in a medical institution, and services dealing with reproductive tract and sexually transmitted infections. (elsevier.com)
- Dr Rossaphorn Kittiyaowamarn, Chief of Bangrak Sexually Transmitted Infections Center, Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, Government of Thailand, is rightly concerned. (pakistanchristianpost.com)
- An NHIF accredited provider for maternity and gynecological procedures, providing high quality, affordable, client-centric, respectful maternal & child health care, pediatric, gynecology, and family care assistance at their family care medical centre in Nairobi, Kenya. (who.int)
- Gynecology surgeons in the Sutter Health network offer minimally invasive gynecologic surgery for many conditions of the reproductive and urinary systems. (sutterhealth.org)
- The fertility center was founded by physician Georgeanna Seegar Jones in 1939 as the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology in the gynecology department. (asu.edu)
- The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences is dedicated to providing accessible, comprehensive, culturally sensitive and effective services throughout a woman's lifecycle. (umanitoba.ca)
- For example, key health outcome indicators such as maternal mortality (987/100,000 in 1990 to 546/100,000 in 2015), neonatal mortality (41.3/1000 in 2000 to 27.7/1000 in 2016), infant mortality (94/1000 in 2000 to 53.3/1000 in 2016) and under-five stunting (43.2% in 2000 to 34.1% in 2016) have all improved drastically over the last 20 years [ 13 , 14 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- While the world eagerly and desperately waits for scientific breakthroughs to prevent and cure COVID-19, we also need to review the reasons for not being able to fully translate earlier scientific breakthroughs into public-health gains without delay. (opednews.com)
- She stressed for concerted efforts and investments to meet the public health and human rights imperative of saving maternal lives. (pakobserver.net)
- Public Health Emergencies After Normal Business Hours call 1-800-251-2584. (cattco.org)
- We call on President Trump to continue United States funding to the WHO and support its urgent global, evidence-based, public health response. (reproductiverights.org)
- Cookies used to track the effectiveness of CDC public health campaigns through clickthrough data. (cdc.gov)
- In addition, subject matter experts from CDC, the American Society for Microbiology, and the Association of Public Health Laboratories will discuss changes to the CDC Trioplex Real-time RT-PCR (rRT-PCR) Assay Emergency Use Authorization, examine the use of non-CDC developed assays, and review recommendations for plaque reduction neutralization testing in Puerto Rico. (cdc.gov)
- This Public Health Statement is the summary chapter from the Toxicological Profile for Benzene . (cdc.gov)
- It is one in a series of Public Health Statements about hazardous substances and their health effects. (cdc.gov)
- This public health statement tells you about benzene and the effects of exposure to it. (cdc.gov)
- This Public Health Statement is the summary breathing, eating, or drinking the substance, or by chapter from the Toxicological Profile for Barium skin contact. (cdc.gov)
- We call on policy makers and our elected officials to maintain the scientific integrity of our federal agencies and to ensure that the research and public health missions of the CDC remain free from the corrosive influence of politicalization. (midwife.org)
- Am J Public Health. (bvsalud.org)
- In an exclusive interview with CNS (Citizen News Service), she responded: "Gonorrhoea remains a major public health concern, not just in Thailand but globally. (pakistanchristianpost.com)
- Our roots in participatory development methods have enabled us to address the complex interplay of factors that drive social and economic disadvantage, from support to refugees and displaced persons, gender and livelihoods, public health management and health research, education, social accountability and governance, youth and civic engagement, and institutional capacity building. (emotiveprogram.org)
- What are the implications for public health practice? (cdc.gov)
- The new law allowed public health departments to operate SSPs after approval from relevant county boards of health, county fiscal courts, and city councils. (cdc.gov)
- Location within public health departments facilitates client access to many other services ( Table ). (cdc.gov)
- Kobto is a Medical Doctor Public Health Specialist. (theunion.org)
- Dr Ajay Kumar is a seasoned Public Health Practitioner with over 15 years of experience in low- and middle-income settings. (theunion.org)
- Dr Gan Quan completed his PhD in Public Health and a post-doc on tobacco control research. (theunion.org)
- This vision has been crafted by roles within public health, policy advocacy, and civil rights. (caringforcolorado.org)
- That gap is jeopardising our goal of ending AIDS as a public health threat by 2030. (bvs.br)
- The legislation was created as a so-called trigger law in anticipation of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade and the nearly 50-year constitutional right to abortion, which the high court did in June with its decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization. (yahoo.com)
- ACNM as a professional health organization is dedicated to the advancement of midwives who provide essential health care services, including maternity, reproductive, and sexual health care services. (midwife.org)
- In 1984, human genetics and reproduction researcher and physician Joseph D. Schulman founded the Genetics and IVF Institute, an international organization that provides infertility treatment and genetic services to patients. (asu.edu)
- Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a not-for-profit organization based in the United Kingdom that promotes reproductive and sexual health. (asu.edu)
- The Mothers' Clinic, from which it grew, was created in the hopes of expanding couples' reproductive rights, and the modern organization continues to work toward the same goal today. (asu.edu)
- She gained her experience within the US and globally at organizations, such as Advancement Project, Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights (COLOR), Latino Research & Policy Center and Pacific Institute for Women's Health. (caringforcolorado.org)
- MICHAEL BARRON, 41, most recently of Chicago, is charged in a criminal information in the Northern District of Illinois with intentionally damaging a Planned Parenthood Health Center on June 5, 2021. (justice.gov)
- According to a 2021 update from the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the number of ob/gyns nationwide is expected to decrease 7% between 2018 and 2030, from 50,850 to 47,490. (medscape.com)
- The Senate must take action and finish the job the House started after passing the Women's Health Protection Act of 2021. (afro.com)
- In 2021, Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) continued to address gaps in health care in Zimbabwe, with a focus on adolescent sexual and reproductive health and support for vulnerable migrants and deportees. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- These resources, on such issues as access to and availability of abortion, contraceptive services and sex education, are updated regularly to provide a comprehensive picture of the state policy landscape. (seniorwomen.com)
- Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Valencia, Spain, Igenomix supports approximately 90,000 couples per year in their reproductive journey through a diversified portfolio of IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) services covering every phase of a fertility treatment. (eqtgroup.com)
- Igenomix supports approximately 90,000 couples per year in their reproductive journey through a diversified portfolio of IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) services covering all the phases of a fertility treatment. (eqtgroup.com)
- The Center for Reproductive Health was a fertility clinic run by a partnership of world-renowned fertility specialists from 1986 to 1995. (asu.edu)
- A Connecticut couple whose fertility and prenatal care at a state university health center proved disastrous will receive millions of dollars in damages, according to a report in the Hartford Courant . (medscape.com)
- 3.7 By 2030, ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education, and the integration of reproductive health into national strategies and programmes. (bvsalud.org)
- BOSTON - Governor Charlie Baker today signed legislation to further protect access to reproductive health care services in Massachusetts following the Supreme Court's decision overturning Roe v. Wade . (mass.gov)
- All the protections in the bill apply equally to reproductive and gender-affirming health care services provided or accessed in the Commonwealth. (mass.gov)
- This document provides recommendations for school nurses and health center staff on nine essential components of youth-friendly services - confidentiality, respectful treatment, integrated services, culturally appropriate care, easy access to care, free or low cost services, reproductive and sexual health care, services for young men, and lastly, promoting parent-child communication. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- President Biden's action today builds upon the work we continue to do in New Jersey to ensure and secure every woman's access to abortion and reproductive health care services. (nj.gov)
- Pursuant to the Social Security Act, states may elect, as an optional benefit, to provide personal care services. (ncd.gov)
- Personal care services (also known in States by other names such as personal attendant services, personal assistance services, or attendant care services, etc.) covered under a state's program may include a range of human assistance provided to persons with disabilities and chronic conditions of all ages which enable them to accomplish tasks that they would normally do for themselves if they did not have a disability. (ncd.gov)
- Health care services related to human REPRODUCTION and diseases of the REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM . (bvsalud.org)
- In invalidating the preamble, the Court of Appeals misconceived the meaning of the dictum in Akron v. Akron Center for Reproductive Health, Inc., 462 U.S. 416, 444 , that 'a State may not adopt one theory of when life begins to justify its regulation of [492 U.S. 490, 491] abortions. (findlaw.com)
- In Illinois, Reproductive Health Services offers telehealth for the abortion pill (where you have a virtual visit with a provider and the pills are mailed to you or you pick them up at the Fairview Heights health center). (plannedparenthood.org)
- You can then choose to have your medication mailed to you or to pick up your medication from the health center. (plannedparenthood.org)
- If you pick up your medication at the health center, please be sure to bring an ID. (plannedparenthood.org)
- If you don't have an ID, please let the health center staff know ahead of time. (plannedparenthood.org)
- live outside of Illinois, you are required to take your first medication at the health center. (plannedparenthood.org)
- While linkages to schools can be either formal or informal, the relationship between a school and school linked health center facilitates two-way referrals and consultations, improving overall quality and continuity of care for young people. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- The Department will provide support from federal law enforcement when an abortion clinic or reproductive health center is under attack. (twitchy.com)
- Darnell N. Motley is a senior researcher at The Center for Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Innovation in Sexual and Reproductive Health (Ci3) at The University of Chicago. (uchicago.edu)
- Spring Webinar Series with LSRJ, the Center for Reproductive Rights & Ipas: Register Here! (reproductiverights.org)
- CIO Responsible for this publication: National Center for Prevention Services, Division of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and HIV Prevention Counseling for Patients with HIV Infection Behavioral and psychosocial services are an integral part of HIV early intervention. (cdc.gov)
- We constructed a youth center where young people can participate in recreational and educational activities and learn about sexual and reproductive health in a non-medical setting. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- In 2006, BRA installed and operated the only modern health care center complex , the first of its kind in a rural "batey" community since the start of sugar production in the Dominican Republic in 1517. (bateyrelief.org)
- Norway's largest center for sexual and reproductive health and rights. (rrota.net)
- Her care was overseen by the Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (CARS), a private company then under contract with UConn Health. (medscape.com)
- In these unprecedented times of COVID-19 pandemic, it becomes far more important to outline what actually are essential services for us as human beings. (opednews.com)
- Evidence shows that the COVID-19 pandemic has had a detrimental effect on FP/RH access, causing some disruptions in essential FP/RH services and may have led to an estimated 1.4 million unintended pregnancies. (kff.org)
- Mitigating strain on and ensuring access to essential services provided by global FP/RH programs during the ongoing pandemic presents a continuing challenge for the U.S. and the global community. (kff.org)
- Countries, health professionals and humanitarian relief organizations across the globe rely on WHO guidance and support to effectively respond to the pandemic. (reproductiverights.org)
- ABSTRACT Objective To report the experience of adapting the stomatherapy service during the COVID-19 pandemic. (bvsalud.org)
- Thus, all health plans must treat maternity services and legal abortion neutrally. (salon.com)
- Call us for free to get assistance in Youth-friendly matters, Family Planning and related Sexual Reproductive Health issues. (govserv.org)
- What can be done by practitioners, policymakers, researchers and advocates to ensure that services are not only maintained in future crises, but expanded where needed. (lshtm.ac.uk)
- Reproductive health and health care advocates must remain vigilant to future Catholic hospital mergers, and continue to push for access to the full range of reproductive and sexual health care for all patients at Catholic health care facilities. (healthlaw.org)
- While abortion would still be legal in Massachusetts, advocates and providers say bans in other states could drive up the need for more resources locally, with some already expanding services. (newbedfordlight.org)
- California, however, is reclaiming the terms of the debate, and rejecting the idea that abortion can be singled out for punitive restrictions that do not apply to other medical services. (salon.com)
- California cannot be allowed to discriminate against health plans that don't cover elective abortions and force people to purchase coverage that conflicts with their convictions. (salon.com)
- These three new laws limit how California courts, government agencies, health care providers, and businesses handle this data. (eff.org)
- First, an existing California law provides that California-based providers of electronic communication and remote computing services, upon receipt of an out-of-state warrant, must treat it like an in-state warrant. (eff.org)
- California clerks and lawyers shall not issue a subpoena based on an out-of-state subpoena, if it relates to a "foreign penal civil action" and seeks information about "sensitive services. (eff.org)
- California clerks and lawyers also shall not issue a subpoena based on an out-of-state subpoena, if it is based on laws that interfere with a person's right to allow a transgender child to receive gendering-affirming health care. (eff.org)
- Third, an existing California law requires health care providers to disclose certain kinds of medical information to certain kinds of entities. (eff.org)
- I would say that California offers an example of a multifaceted approach to addressing the shortage of reproductive health providers in general and abortion providers in particular. (medscape.com)
- The newly merged entity of religious hospitals in California, called CommonSpirit Health, is now the nation's largest nonprofit hospital system by revenue. (healthlaw.org)
- Under California law, the attorney general must approve mergers and other similar transactions involving non-profit health facilities or systems, and has authority to impose conditions on that approval. (healthlaw.org)
- This is particularly concerning as it applies to CommonSpirit Health facilities outside of California, to which the California attorney general's conditions do not extend. (healthlaw.org)
- While the Catholic Church approved the CommonSpirit Health merger despite requirements that California non-Catholic hospitals in the system maintain providing services that may be prohibited by the ERDs, it is not clear how the Catholic Church will approach these kinds of deals moving forward. (healthlaw.org)
- Individually and collectively, the University of California (UC) libraries provide access to the world's knowledge for the UC campuses and the communities they serve, supporting UC's missions of teaching, research, and public service. (diglib.org)
- The Library of the University of California, Santa Barbara, seeks an innovative, forward-looking, service-oriented, and collaborative professional for an exciting opportunity to serve as Director of the Collection Strategies Department (CSD). (diglib.org)
- Most recently, as director of the California Coalition for Reproductive Freedom, Juana Rosa's work centered on building a movement that increases the capacity and visibility of the 40-plus member organizations of the largest statewide alliance dedicated to reproductive freedom in California. (caringforcolorado.org)
- From the standpoint that the evolution of the health care delivery system may serve as an opportunity to optimize the delivery of SRH services in the United States, a comprehensive set of options spanning education, federal and state regulations, and emerging models of care delivery are explored to reverse this trend of too few WHNPs, particularly for servicing Title X facilities and their patients. (rand.org)
- Ensuring access for all people to their preferred contraceptive methods advances several human rights including the right to life and liberty, freedom of opinion and expression and the right to work and education, as well as bringing significant health and other benefits. (bvsalud.org)
- Expanding access to reproductive-health care and access to comprehensive medically accurate sexual health education, both would go a long way," Clark asserted. (publicnewsservice.org)
- Youth Peer Education Program - Training youth leaders to provide accurate reproductive health information and service referrals to their peers. (worldcentric.com)
- Peer approach in adolescent reproductive health education : some lessons learned. (who.int)
- The participants were asked about the provision of RH services, attitudes toward their role as SRH providers, and self -reported confidence in providing education to patients on RH topics. (bvsalud.org)
- Confidence in providing patient education about RH topics depended on their experience in providing such services. (bvsalud.org)
- Child marriage is a human rights violation that prevents girls from obtaining an education, enjoying optimal health, bonding with others their own age, maturing, and ultimately choosing their own life partners. (cdc.gov)
- Hogan said that his concerns were related to the education and training of professionals performing the service, because "unlike nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, physician assistants, and licensed certified midwives," licensed physicians are "uniquely qualified to perform these procedures and resolve any medical complications should they arise. (afro.com)
- RThe "Social Infrastructure and Services" group ("Education, Health, Population and Reproductive Health, Water and Sanitation, Government and Civil Society, Other Social Infrastructure and Services") has represented an average of 75% of bilateral ODA in recent years. (instituto-camoes.pt)
- We require fiscal responsibility at all levels of government, while protecting or enhancing service to all citizens in areas such as social services, education, student aid and Medicare/Medicaid. (clallamdemocrats.org)
- More than 35 thousand patients annually received primary and specialized care, complemented by access to essential medicines and antiretroviral therapy, maternal-child and reproductive health, multivitamins, clean drinking water, nutrition and preventive health education. (bateyrelief.org)
- Midwifery care includes health promotion, disease prevention, risk assessment and management, and individualized wellness education and counseling. (cdc.gov)
- Specifically, the Alliance's recognition of the current policy challenges including a focus on single issues, lack of appropriate community participation, lack of accurate data, limited range of SRH services, variability in delivery and quality of relationship and sexual health education and sexualised media representation of girls and media. (whise.org.au)
- For over 125 years, the Max Rady College of Medicine has contributed to education, research and clinical service. (umanitoba.ca)
- Did Equity of Reproductive and Maternal Health Service Coverage Increase during the MDG Era? (bvsalud.org)
- Provision of quality family planning services can reduce repeated and multiple pregnancies as the analysis showed that non-practicing of family planning was a big factor contributing to maternal deaths. (pakobserver.net)
- Improving access to family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services globally can help prevent maternal deaths and reduce unintended pregnancies. (kff.org)
- In the capital, Harare, we ran a project providing comprehensive youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health services, including safe abortion and post-abortion care, through our clinic in Mbare. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- ABSTRACT Objective To summarize the knowledge about recommendations for the use of personal protective equipment necessary for the provision of care by health professionals to patients suspected or infected by the new coronavirus. (bvsalud.org)
- Content analysis of responses revealed that the favourable characteristics of reproductive health services in public centres were services that: were delivered by personnel of the same sex in a woman-friendly environment and available at a suitable price, and did not label clients. (who.int)
- The State of NJ site may contain optional links, information, services and/or content from other websites operated by third parties that are provided as a convenience, such as Google™ Translate. (nj.gov)
- The user is on notice that neither the State of NJ site nor its operators review any of the services, information and/or content from anything that may be linked to the State of NJ site for any reason. (nj.gov)
- The US Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use (US MEC) , US Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use (US SPR) , and Providing Quality Family Planning Services (QFP)* provide relevant recommendations for providing quality family planning services while helping to facilitate access and minimizing unnecessary in-person contact between patients and providers. (cdc.gov)
- Moreover, the committee stated outright that "the patient's well-being must be paramount" and recommended that professionals with objections to specific services either practice near other providers who do not object or maintain a referral process that ensures patients' access to care. (guttmacher.org)
- However, numerous other associations of health care professionals-including the American Medical Association, the American Nurses Association, the American Academy of Physician Assistants, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Pharmacists Association-have endorsed standards of practice that attempt to balance a provider's conscientious objection and a patient's access to care ( related article , August 2005, page 7). (guttmacher.org)
- Reproductive Health Services: Attitudes and Practice of Japanese Community Pharmacists. (bvsalud.org)
- We surveyed the practice and attitudes regarding the provision of SRH services among Japanese community pharmacists with a focus on reproductive health (RH) topics. (bvsalud.org)
- They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information. (bvsalud.org)
- FHI 360's work spans diverse practice areas that are critical to improving health and well-being worldwide. (fhi360.org)
- Typical informal supports include grandparents providing a night out for parents (respite care), neighbors shoveling snow off the driveway of a new parent (chore services), or parents joining together for carpooling to soccer practice (transportation services). (ncd.gov)
- ABSTRACT Objective: To know the spiritual care practices of health workers in the context of an inpatient unit for the treatment of addictive disorders, aiming to incorporate an expanded care practice. (bvsalud.org)
- 3. A successful grant process that produced record-breaking funding for targeted occupational safety and health research in Fiscal Years 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001. (cdc.gov)
- Launched in year 2000 to address health disparities within highly vulnerable communities. (bateyrelief.org)
- The Assessing Integration Methodology (AIM) was developed by the Population Council to guide decisions regarding the feasibility, quality, and effectiveness of specific family planning and related service combinations. (popcouncil.org)
- Promote and protect the sexual health of the Department of the Navy (DoN) population to support mission readiness and accomplishment, minimize avoidable health care costs and personnel losses, prevent morbidity and mortality, and support quality of life. (navy.mil)
- ZNFPC today joined hands with Population Services Zimbabwe as they held the Colour Run 4 Life event at Tariro Youth Centre in Hopely. (govserv.org)
- It has held COVID-19 at bay for so long but with rising infections, understandable fatigue with social restrictions, low levels of immunity among the population and a fragile health system it's vital that it receives more vaccines as soon as possible. (bvs.br)
- Please use the Contact Form - Reproductive Health option for confidential responses to questions. (cattco.org)
- Staffed primarily by nurse practitioners supported by physicians, registered nurses, and clinical assistants, SBHCs offer a wide range of health services that meet the many needs of youth including acute medical care, preventive care, mental health, injury preven-tion, care for chronic conditions, dental care, and sexual and reproductive health services. (advocatesforyouth.org)
- Mental Health: Evidence and Research Team. (who.int)
- Mental health is a key component of a child's overall wellbeing. (cdc.gov)
- MSF runs projects in partnership with the Zimbabwean Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC), providing treatment for HIV , tuberculosis (TB), non-communicable diseases, and mental health issues. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- Working with street children : monitoring and evaluation of a street children project : a training package on substance abuse, sexual and reproductive health, including HIV/AIDS and STDs. (who.int)
- While HIV prevalence has decreased from 30 percent in the early 2000s to 15 percent today, there are still major gaps in services, such as the availability of routine viral load monitoring and second-line antiretroviral (ARV) treatment. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- Check with each clinic to check what services they offer. (albertahealthservices.ca)
- In 1991, a women's health clinic receptionist was shot and paralyzed from the waist down. (now.org)
- It grew from one small clinic, founded in North London in 1921, into an international provider of reproductive health care and information that operates in almost forty countries. (asu.edu)
- Continue to assess needs for family planning services. (cdc.gov)
- This website is part of the AlbertaHealthServices.ca & MyHealth.Alberta.ca family of health websites. (albertahealthservices.ca)
- Substantial disparities of maternal mortality ratio among provinces, regions and rural areas call for customized interventions and improvement to access of family planning services and information could reduce number of maternal mortalities in Pakistan. (pakobserver.net)
- from family planning, to safer conception options for HIV-affected couples, as well as SRH integration in the minimum services package for HIV prevention, care and treatment. (biomedcentral.com)
- Program managers and policymakers often seek to increase links between family planning services and related services that traditionally were provided separately. (popcouncil.org)
- It was established on the 26th March 1993 as the Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care. (fsrh.org)
- Five health facilities in Burkina Faso, six in DRC, and none in South Sudan met the criteria as a family planning service delivery point. (columbia.edu)
- Stephenson, R & Tsui, AO 2002, ' Contextual influences on reproductive health service use in Uttar Pradesh, India ', Studies in family planning , vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 309-320. (elsevier.com)
- These programs have also substantially increased funding for family medicine residency programs, which are important because family physicians are trained to provide preventive reproductive health services and manage low-risk deliveries," she added. (medscape.com)
- conducted 82.1% of the deliveries in urban areas as compared to 58.5% in rural.The ANM/ Health staff (56.4%) and family members (27.0%) were main source of information for mother for the need of mother and child immunization. (who.int)
- You must also consider any other chemicals you are exposed to and your age, sex, diet, family traits, lifestyle, and state of health. (cdc.gov)
- A family medicine physician argues for reproductive justice for people living with HIV. (poz.com)
- and family planning services, including preconception care. (cdc.gov)
- Ensuring access to family planning services during COVID-19. (bvsalud.org)
- Contraceptive and Family Planning services and supplies are CORE components of essential health services and access to these services is a fundamental human right. (bvsalud.org)
- WHISE supports the call to action from Family Planning Alliance Australia (FPAA) for a National Sexual and Reproductive Health Strategy (2015). (whise.org.au)
- Vice President and Minister of Health and Child Care, Hon. Gen. (Rtd) Dr. C.G.D.N Chiwenga today launched the National Family Planning Strategy 2022-2026. (govserv.org)
- ZNFPC was offering FREE Family Planning as well as Reproductive Health services to all. (govserv.org)
- The Platform's focus is on strengthening the role knowledge can play in developing evidence-based policies and practices for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). (kit.nl)
- It is therefore imperative that the Bank tackle the issue of poor access and lack of SRHR services as a means of poverty alleviation and not vice versa. (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- This brings into question the effectiveness of government regulatory instruments for ensuring that resources allocated for health, especially SRHR services, are not redirected to other uses or mismanaged altogether. (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- As part of the fight against COVID-19 and its adverse effects on WHO African region countries' health systems, regular assessments of the provision of sexual and reproductive health and rights services are conducted. (who.int)
- The fourth objective of the Bank's new strategy acknowledges that good governance, transparency and accountability are crucial to running a successful health provision scheme by any government. (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- We feel that the World Bank should explicitly acknowledge that civil society organisations serve as a strong mechanism for monitoring governments and setting the agenda in health provision issues, especially for the poor and vulnerable groups in our communities. (brettonwoodsproject.org)
- The provision of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services is an important part of a community pharmacist 's role in many countries. (bvsalud.org)
- Drawing upon decades of experience, RAND provides research services, systematic analysis, and innovative thinking to a global clientele that includes government agencies, foundations, and private-sector firms. (rand.org)
- The clinical information and Clinical Guidelines available on this Website are intended to provide guidance to health care professionals, based on a thorough evaluation of research evidence, on the practical assessment and management of specific clinical issues or situations. (thewomens.org.au)
- We produce a suite of corporate publications, including Annual Reports, Research Reports and Quality Accounts providing the community with insight into our services, performance and achievements. (thewomens.org.au)
- Most integration research has focused on linkages of SRH and HIV front-line services. (nih.gov)
- Rigorous health systems research on the integration of SRH and HIV services is urgently needed. (nih.gov)
- Priority research areas include integration impact, performance, and economic evaluation to inform the planning, financing, and coordination of integrated service delivery. (nih.gov)
- She is the Senior Humanitarian Health Research Advisor for Elrha's R2HC programme, where she works to ensure the research Elrha funds meets the priority needs of the humanitarian community and is shared with the right people to make change. (lshtm.ac.uk)
- Dept. of Reproductive Health and Research. (who.int)
- Improving sexual and reproductive health through research : an investment for the future. (who.int)
- Dr. Motley leads Ci3's research on sexual and reproductive health among LGBTQ communities. (uchicago.edu)
- In particular, his research examines and challenges the ways that structural factors attempt to limit the experiences of sexual and gender minorities, while also considering the impacts of racism, sexism, and health stigma on their health and wellbeing. (uchicago.edu)
- 4. Three surveys (FY96, FY98, FY00) of Federal occupational safety and health research investment, showing increases in Federal partner funding in occupational safety and health in general, and NORA in particular. (cdc.gov)
- Our services range from research and program design through to implementation support, monitoring and impact evaluation, and short-term capacity building. (emotiveprogram.org)
- Western Canada's first medical school, the College develops qualified medical graduates who distinguish themselves through excellence in clinical care, health system innovation and leadership, and internationally recognized research. (umanitoba.ca)
- The Library is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and service. (diglib.org)
- Method: Qualitative and descriptive research carried out in three health institutions and three teaching institutions in Paraná, Ceará and Amapá. (bvsalud.org)