Women who are physically and mentally abused over an extended period, usually by a husband or other dominant male figure. Characteristics of the battered woman syndrome are helplessness, constant fear, and a perceived inability to escape. (From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 3d ed)
Wounds and Injuries
Interviews as Topic
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
A form of discrimination in the workplace which violates the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Sexual harassment takes two forms: quid pro quo, where the employee must submit to sexual advances in exchange for job benefits or be penalized for refusing; or a hostile environment, where the atmosphere of the workplace is offensive and affects the employee's well-being. Offensive sexual conduct may include unwelcome advances, comments, touching, questions about marital status and sex practices, etc. Both men and women may be aggressors or victims. (Slee and Slee, Health Care Terms, 2d ed, p.404). While civil rights legislation deals with sexual harassment in the workplace, the behavior is not restricted to this; it may take place outside the work environment: in schools and colleges, athletics, and other social milieus and activities.
Adult Survivors of Child Abuse
Women's Health Services
Human Rights Abuses
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Social Control, Formal
The internal individual struggle resulting from incompatible or opposing needs, drives, or external and internal demands. In group interactions, competitive or opposing action of incompatibles: antagonistic state or action (as of divergent ideas, interests, or persons). (from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th ed)
Stress Disorders, Traumatic
Anxiety disorders manifested by the development of characteristic symptoms following a psychologically traumatic event that is outside the normal range of usual human experience. Symptoms include re-experiencing the traumatic event, increased arousal, and numbing of responsiveness to or reduced involvement with the external world. Traumatic stress disorders can be further classified by the time of onset and the duration of these symptoms.
Antisocial Personality Disorder
A personality disorder whose essential feature is a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood. The individual must be at least age 18 and must have a history of some symptoms of CONDUCT DISORDER before age 15. (From DSM-IV, 1994)
Emergency Service, Hospital
Child Reactive Disorders
Factors associated with the definitive onset of a disease, illness, accident, behavioral response, or course of action. Usually one factor is more important or more obviously recognizable than others, if several are involved, and one may often be regarded as "necessary". Examples include exposure to specific disease; amount or level of an infectious organism, drug, or noxious agent, etc.
A primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. The disease is often progressive and fatal. It is characterized by impaired control over drinking, preoccupation with the drug alcohol, use of alcohol despite adverse consequences, and distortions in thinking, most notably denial. Each of these symptoms may be continuous or periodic. (Morse & Flavin for the Joint Commission of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and the American Society of Addiction Medicine to Study the Definition and Criteria for the Diagnosis of Alcoholism: in JAMA 1992;268:1012-4)
Psychoanalytic theory focusing on interpretation of behavior in reference to self. (From APA, Thesaurus of Psychological Terms, 1994) This elaboration of the psychoanalytic concepts of narcissism and the self, was developed by Heinz Kohut, and stresses the importance of the self-awareness of excessive needs for approval and self-gratification.
Life Change Events
The MacNeil/Lehrer Report; TV Violence; Violence on Television. Boston, MA: National Records and Archives Administration, ... When the release of the FCC's Sixth Report and Order ended the license freeze in 1952, DuMont was forced to give up its channel ... during a report on Super Bowl LIII. KDKA-TV launched a streaming news service, CBSN Pittsburgh (a localized version of the ... these affiliates objected not only to the remaining amount of violence in the film, but also to the apparent endorsement by the ...
Direct link to audio file Kershner, Isabel (30 May 2010). "Israel Intercepts Gaza Flotilla; Violence Reported". New York Times ... Her parents moved from the West Bank to Detroit, Michigan, Arraf's birthplace, to be able to raise her away from the violence ... Siegel, Robert (1 June 2010). "'Freedom Flotilla' Protesters Vowed Not To Use Violence, Organizer Tells NPR". NPR News. ...
"The MacNeil/Lehrer Report; TV Violence; Violence on Television," 1976-11-11, National Records and Archives Administration, ... KPIX also was one of the first U.S. television stations to provide full-time environment reporting in its ... feature reports that she originated during her nine-year tenure with KRON-TV to the station; Tokuda founded the "Students ... most field reports were initially still broadcast in 4:3 standard definition (albeit pillarboxed), KPIX started using HD ...
"2015 Police Violence Report". Mapping Police Violence. Retrieved June 6, 2019. Jon Swaine (December 2015). "The County: the ... The Guardian reported that law enforcement officers in Kern County, California, killed more people per capita than in any other ... The census reported 344,088 people (99.0% of the population) lived in households, 2,094 (0.6%) lived in noninstitutionalized ... Progress Report 2008/2009. TRIP (Thomas Roads Improvement Program). Page 7. "West Beltway". TRIP (Thomas Roads Improvement ...
Leap Confronting Conflict
... project around sexual violence and sexual bullying. Carnochan, John. "CIRV - 2010 Third Quarter Progress Report". Violence ... Leap give young people the skills to manage conflict in their own lives, reduce violence in their communities, and help lead ... to manage the conflict they experience in their lives and reduce violence in our communities. Leap believe that young people ...
Baháʼí Faith in Vietnam
"Buddhists March in VN; No Violence Is Reported". Bangkok Post. 19 (115). 21 May 1963. "Baháʼí News". Bahá'í News. National ... State Department reported in its 2001 International Religious Freedom Report that the Vietnamese government "continued to ... In a 1978 report, the Universal House of Justice noted that "In the latter part of the period under review [1973-1976] ... An account reported in a Swiss Baháʼí newsletter in February 1964 claimed that Baháʼís in Vietnam had been subject to ...
A 1997 report on violence in television by UCLA stated that "Eagle Riders and Dragon Ball Z both contain images of mean- ... "Television violence report" (PDF). www.digitalcenter.org. 1997. Retrieved 2019-07-21. Sandusky Register, Jun 18, 1997, p. 34 ...
2001 in Bangladesh
Violence towards religious minorities reported. The Mother Language Lovers Of The World, for its contribution to the ...
Iraq Body Count project
The press reported almost none of the rural violence. There is a list of figures, tables, and charts in the book that can be ... "Chapter 7: Reporting the Violence". 1999 book by Patrick Ball, Paul Kobrak, and Herbert F. Spirer. "List of figures". From 1999 ... But also in chapter 7 they reported that in later, more violent years: When the level of violence increased dramatically in the ... It has a table of monthly civilian deaths from violence, 2003 onwards. The database page says: "Gaps in recording and reporting ...
Violence was reported in Pune. Demonstrators in Mumbai teargassed. Statues of Ambedkar and Buddha through the region were also ... The press did not publish about rural violence news. They did not report the declarations by the Republican Party of India and ... Examples of violence in Beed district included: Ambejogai: : Followers of Sharad Pawar got assaulted. Examples of violence in ... Examples of violence in Nagpur included: The police shot Avinash Dongre, a child, in his head when he was chanting the slogan ...
2009 Gabonese presidential election
Some isolated violence was reported. Oyé-Mba withdrew his candidacy on election day, citing his concerns about the possibility ... Additional violence was reported in Nkembo, located east of Libreville. Meanwhile, Gabonese students in Dakar set fire to ... It was reported on 15 July that the Autonomous and Permanent National Electoral Commission (CENAP) had proposed to the ... In the aftermath of Omar Bongo's death, reports suggested that, due to the need to update the voters' roll, the elections might ...
2021 in United States politics and government
Yelling but no violence reported. A peaceful demonstration in New York became violent in the evening as Black Lives Matter ... U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved January 4, 2021. Gaudiano, Nicole. "Biden wants 'tens of billions of dollars' for reopening ... Reimann, Nicholas (January 12, 2021). "Report: Pompeo Cancels Final Trip Abroad After European Leaders Refuse To Meet With Him ... Chiacu, Doina; Hosenball, Mark (January 27, 2021). "U.S. faces higher risk of domestic extremist violence after Capitol assault ...
Movement for Triqui Autonomy
"Oaxaca: Indigenous Protest Camp Eviction". World War 4 Report. "Violence Threatens Accord Among Triqui". Mexico News Daily. ... The violence in San Juan Copala is significant. According to one source, there have been about 600 homicides over the last ... In 2012, a peace agreement was signed but it only resulted in a decrease in violence, not an end. In September 2013, the Oaxaca ... Although UBISORT is affiliated with the PRI, the ruling party in Oaxaca, the government has attributed the violence to " ...
Anti-austerity movement in the United Kingdom
Some minor violence was reported. In Manchester there was a protest of around 5000 people called by the TUC, UCU and the NUS ... Further outbreaks of violence were reported in London on 27 March. Several hundred people protested in Barker's Pool, Sheffield ... According to union reports, across the rest of England, 3,200 schools were shut and 2,200 were partially closed, out of about ... It was reported that the march was attended by 50,000 to 150,000 protesters, who marched from London's Euston Road to Trafalgar ...
Mother Jones (magazine)
"Domestic Violence: A Special Report". Mother Jones. July 2005. Retrieved November 4, 2008. "Contents". Mother Jones. December ... for its 2012 reporting, including its analysis of gun violence in the United States, coverage of dark money funding of ... Matt Labash of The Weekly Standard reported this was for refusing to print an article that was critical of the Sandinista human ... Also in 2010, Mother Jones won the Online News Association Award for Online Topical Reporting, and in 2011 won the Utne Reader ...
Guatemalan Civil War
Torres Rivas, Edelberto (1980). "Guatemala: Crisis and Political Violence". NACLA Report on the Americas. 14-18. North American ... Central America Report, 1980, Vol. 7, p. 223 ANNUAL REPORT OF THE INTER-AMERICAN COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS, 1980-1981, ... gender and sexual violence in the 1999 Guatemalan Comisión para el Esclarecimiento Histórico report". International Journal of ... An Americas Watch Report, January 1984 Cynthia Brown (1985). With Friends Like These: The Americas Watch Report on Human Rights ...
Carlos Manuel Arana Osorio
Torres Rivas, Edelberto (1980). "Guatemala: Crisis and Political Violence". NACLA Report on the Americas. 14-18. North American ... Menton, Seymour; Goodsell, James Nelson; Jonas, Susanne (1973). Report from Ad Hoc committee on Guatemala. Latin American ... Amnesty International (1972). Amnesty International Annual Report 1971-1972. London, UK: Amnesty International Publications. ... Amnesty International (1973). Amnesty International Annual Report 1972-1973. London, UK: Amnesty International Publications. ...
Julio César Méndez Montenegro
ISBN 978-0-547-52400-9. Torres Rivas, Edelberto (1980). "Guatemala: Crisis and Political Violence". NACLA Report on the ... 2012). Memory of Silence: The Guatemalan Truth Commission Report. Palgrave Macmillan. pp. 112-113. ISBN 978-1-137-01114-5. ... Secret Information Report. National Security Archive Electronic. George Washington University: National Security Archive. ...
Harold Bedoya Pizarro
Carrigan (April 1995). Violence in Colombia. NACLA Report on the Americas. Karl Penhaul (October 31, 1996). "Colombia Stokes ... "Human Rights Watch: World Report 1997: Colombia". Human Rights Watch. 1997. Inter-American Commission on Human Rights: Legal ...
Crime in Romania
"Romania 2017 Crime & Safety Report". Osac.gov. Retrieved 2017-08-24. "Domestic Violence against Women Report" (PDF). Ec.europa. ... Romania ratified the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence ( ... However, the report argued that it was driving which was "perhaps the biggest safety concern that visitors will encounter", due ... Another peculiarity of Romania is that gun violence is exceptionally rare due to Romania having some of the strictest gun laws ...
George Floyd protests in Indiana
No violence or injuries were reported. About 200 people demonstrated in support of racial justice at the Hancock County ... After midnight, a car window was broken and water bottles were thrown at police, but no injuries were reported. Nearly 500 ... At least four injuries were reported. The driver, 68-year-old Diane Goebel, was charged with criminal recklessness on June 12. ... "Anderson officials: Protest violence flared after midnight". heraldbulletin.com. Retrieved June 3, 2020. Kast, Brett. "Black ...
Black's Law Dictionary Garner, p. 162 "WHO , World report on violence and health". Who.int. 2002-10-03. Retrieved 2015-08-27. ... An earlier report by the U.N. agencies warned that there was strong evidence that physical stunting could be accompanied by ... BBC News Trauma is "a body wound or shock produced by sudden physical injury, as from violence or accident," or, more simply ... Assault is fear/belief of impending battery.) Violence is defined by the WHO as the intentional use of physical force or power ...
Yare prison riot
Sanchez, Fabiola (20 August 2012). "Venezuela Prison Violence Rises, Report Says". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 21 August ... Local media reports indicated that the tension inside the prison may have started after several inmates were transferred to ... Security experts believe that Venezuela's penitentiary system remains a "cauldron of violence" because the prison gangs rule ... President Hugo Chávez announced a program to reduce the violence and the overcrowding in Venezuela's prison systems. With an ...
Krug, Etienne G. (2002). World report on violence and health. Geneva: World Health Organization. ISBN 0-585-46807-9. OCLC ... structural violence, suicide, terrorism, thrill killing, tyrannicide, violence, war, and other forms of killing, direct, ... It has also been related to the notion that any violence has karmic consequences. While ancient scholars of Hinduism pioneered ... Archived May 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine "To address all forms of violence we encourage scientific research in the fields ...
Politics of Khuzestan Province
"Iran: Reports of Ethnic Violence Suppressed". Human Rights Watch. 2005-05-09. Retrieved 2009-04-11. "Britain-Iran Tensions ... Amnesty International report Election report from Khuzestan Amnesty International Maastricht: "We want to see Al-Mansouri", by ... In its report entitled New government fails to address dire human rights situation published in February 2006, Amnesty states: ... In 1997, Human Rights Watch reported that "Iranian Arabs, an ethnic minority centered in southwest Iran, have cited significant ...
Rape and pregnancy statement controversies in the 2012 United States elections
Krug, Etienne G.; World Health Organization (2002). World Report on Violence and Health. World Health Organization. p. 162. ... "Election 2012: Missouri Senate". Rasmussen Reports. Ramussen Reports. October 19, 2012. Retrieved February 17, 2013. Silver, ... Exit polls reported that 64% of voters said that Akin's comment was important in their voting decision, and among those voters ... The Washington Post reported Republicans dissociating themselves from Akin as a means of damage control. NRSC chairman John ...
Timeline of the 2020 Thai protests (September 2020)
There were no reports of violence; protest leader Parit Chiwarak called for a general strike on 14 October to commemorate the ... It is reported that Nathaporn Toprayoon, the petitioner, hoped that a court decision would end further discussion of such ...
Rock Is Dead Tour
Mancini, Al (2000-04-26). "Commentary: Media Violence Report Is Flawed". ABC News. Disney-ABC Television Group. Retrieved 2011- ... In the aftermath of the school shooting, the band were widely reported to have influenced the killings; early media reports ... Later reports revealed that the two were not fans-and, on the contrary, had disliked the band's music. Despite this, Marilyn ... "Hollywood denies 'selling violence'". BBC News. BBC. 2000-09-12. Retrieved 2011-05-04. "Lieberman steps up Hollywood attack". ...
World report on violence and health. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2002. pp. 17. Emans, S. Jean. "Physical Examination of ... On another way this may happen beside the purpose of the mind, either during sleep, or through violence and without the mind's ... However, the data for anal sex without vaginal sex reported by males did not reflect this directly. Early loss of virginity has ... In a 2005 Kaiser Family Foundation study of US teenagers, 29% of teens reported feeling pressure to have sex, 33% of sexually ...
2020-2021 Thai protests
There were no reports of violence; protest leader Parit Chiwarak called for a general strike on 14 October to commemorate the ... A Thai media provider was reported to be censoring a foreign news network reporting the protests. A severe state of emergency ... "22 detained after night of violence in Bangkok". Thai Enquirer. Retrieved 2 March 2021. "ตร. อ้างความรุนแรงเกิดจากผู้ชุมนุมเป็น ... A legal aid group reported at least 51 people were arrested between 13 and
Research Reports 2020:1, Appendix 3 (in English) Table A *^ Anders Kjellberg (2011) "The Decline in Swedish Union Density since ... The 1954 film On the Waterfront, directed by Elia Kazan, concerns union violence among longshoremen. ... It reports news and analysis about union activity or problems facing the labour movement. Another source of union news is the ... "Australian Centre for Industrial Relations Research and Training report" (PDF). Acirrt.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on ...
One exception was when she played a prostitute in the film noir Act of Violence (1948). The last straw came when she was cast ... She was taken to a hospital and the police reported that she had attempted suicide, this being her third overdose in two years ...
a b Report of Commission of Inquiry into Conspiracy to Murder Mahatma Gandhi, By India (Republic). Commission of Inquiry into ... Martha Craven Nussbaum (2008). The Clash Within: Democracy, Religious Violence, and India's Future. Harvard University Press. ... The report sent from Andrew Fraser, the then Lt Governor of Bengal to Lord Minto in England declared that although Sri ... "Bajrang Dal to launch 'Bahu Lao, Beti Bachao' campaign to counter 'Love Jihad': Report". 27 December 2014.. ...
WHO situation reports *cases *January 2020. *February 2020. *March 2020. *April 2020 ...
National Volunteer Week
During this week, news media feature volunteer activities in news reports. ... International Day of Non-Violence. *Leif Erikson Day (36). *Missouri Day (MO) ...
"Statistical Report on the "Final Solution", known as the Korherr Report of 23 March 1943" (PDF). Die Endlösung by Gerald ... Main articles: Einsatzgruppen, Einsatzgruppen reports, and Order Police battalions. See also: War crimes of the Wehrmacht and ... Original annotated map from Stahlecker's Report, summarizing murders committed by Einsatzgruppen in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ... Korherr Report written in 1943 on the progress of the Final Solution ...
Unisex public toilet
By one report, 70% of transgender people report facing harassment or assault while trying to use a public toilet in the ... However, this may not automatically ensure safety from violence. Japan. As of 2016, no laws were in place regarding ... "Being LGBT in Asia Nepal Country Report" (PDF). US Aid. 2014. Retrieved April 28, 2017.. ... Violence, gender & WASH: A practitioner's toolkit- Making water, sanitation and hygiene safer through improved programming and ...
Atascadero State Hospital
Engaging patients in violence prevention". J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv. 37: 32-6. PMID 10486772. "Total quality ... doi:10.1016/0005-7916(71)90022-X. "Report of a Five-Year Follow-Up Study of Mentally Disordered Sex Offenders Released from ... "Intractability is relative: Behaviour therapy in the elimination of violence in psychotic forensic patients". Legal and ... with great spikes in patient violence that came to an end when the consultants left the hospital following exposes by the LA ...
Abortion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
64% of those reported were by vacuum aspiration, 6% by D&E, and 30% were medical. Later abortions are more common in China ... Some pro-life people have used violence to try to stop abortions from happening. However, most people who are against abortion ... Inconsistent use was reported by 49% of those using condoms and 76% of those using the combined oral contraceptive pill; 42% of ... In a 1979 study of 2,299 patients, 97% reported having some amount of pain. Patients rated the pain as being less than earache ...
On August 31, Al Jazeera reported that a document had been found in the headquarters of the Libyan intelligence agency which ... He also received a 100% lifetime rating from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. ... Kucinich reported an income of $38. When discussing this period, Kucinich stated, "When I was growing up in Cleveland, my ...
Utz, Axel (2011). Cultural exchange, imperialist violence, and pious missions: Local perspectives from Tanjavur and Lenape ... Tamanend (c. 1625-c. 1701), leader reported to have negotiated treaty with William Penn, and person for whom Tammany Hall was ... Violence had escalated on both sides. Relations between regular Continental Army officers from the East (such as Brodhead) and ... The European explorers, traders and missionary penetrating past the Alleghenies in the mid-17th century all report the Ohio ...
Numerous reports of violence by labours across industries and factories were reported that drove industrialists out. Few ...
Fair Sentencing Act
It argued that because increased violence is associated with the use of crack, especially in urban areas, high penalties for ... In addition, the bill requires the Comptroller General to report to Congress with an analysis of the effectiveness of drug ... The CBO also estimates that the Act's requirement for the Government Accountability Office to conduct a report on the ... In 2002, the Commission again called for reducing sentencing disparities in its Report to Congress based on extensive research ...
"Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 53 (44): 1038-1041. PMID 15538318.. *^ "Study Finds That New Jersey Bars and Restaurants ... But the feared increase in tension and violence expected in association with smoking restrictions has generally not been ... The Health Consequesnces of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General. U.S. Department of Health ... "Public Health Reports. 81 (2): 121-7. doi:10.2307/4592662. JSTOR 4592662. PMC 1919781. PMID 4954992.. ...
East New York, Brooklyn
"75th Precinct CompStat Report" (PDF). www.nyc.gov. New York City Police Department. Retrieved July 22, 2018.. ... East New York has significantly higher dropout rates and incidences of violence in its schools. Students must pass through ... East New York's 75th Police Precinct reported the highest murder rate in the city in 2011, according to crime reports compiled ... "73rd Precinct CompStat Report" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on May 24, 2011. Retrieved January 24, 2011.. ...
Commercial sexual exploitation of children
"Global Report on Trafficking in Persons 2012." United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Oct. 2013. ... Neither will domestic violence. ProstitutionEdit. Prostitution of children under the age of 18 years, child pornography and the ... "Global Report on Trafficking in Persons 2012." United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Oct. 2013. ... The 2012 Global Report on Trafficking in Persons shows that with the Protocol in place countries without a child sexual ...
1979). Search for the Soul: An Insider's Report on the Continuing Quest by Psychics and Scientists for Evidence of Life After ... 1979). Search for the Soul: An Insider's Report on the Continuing Quest By Psychics & Scientists For Evidence of Life After ...
A Mile in Her Shoes is a march in which men wear red high heels and walk a mile in protest of domestic violence. Some academics ... women report that they are often painful to walk in, and commonly result in negative side effects to joints and veins after ... A Mile in Her Shoes: men walk a mile in high heels to support domestic violence victims ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Two contemporary reports-the 1940 Report of the Land Revenue Commission of Bengal (Government of Bengal 1940b) and the field ... Bose, Sugata (1982). "The Roots of 'Communal' Violence in Rural Bengal". Modern Asian Studies. 16 (3): 463-91. doi:10.1017/ ... Government of Bengal (1940b). Report of the Land Revenue Commission, Vol. II (PDF). Appendices (I to IX) and Indian Land-System ... Government of Bengal (1940c). Report of the Land Revenue Commission, Vol. VI (PDF). Replies to the Commission's questionnaire ...
Occupational health psychology
Workplace violence. Main article: Workplace violence. Workplace violence is a significant health hazard for employees, ... 1971). Survey of working conditions: Final report on univariate and bivariate tables, Document No. 2916-0001. Washington, DC: U ... a b Kasl, S.V., & Cobb, S. (1970). Blood pressure changes in men undergoing job loss: A preliminary report. Psychosomatic ... Self-report survey methodology is the most used approach in OHP research. Cross-sectional designs are commonly used; case- ...
Wat Phra Dhammakaya
There are several departments in the foundation that are run by assistant-abbots, who report to the abbot and deputy-abbot: a ... Participants in the temple's activities report that the temple feels like a family. According to Taylor, the temple's ... Wynne, Alexander (2013). "A Preliminary Report on the Critical Edition of the Pāli Canon being prepared at Wat Phra Dhammakāya ...
"Refworld , USCIRF Annual Report 2009 - Countries of Particular Concern: Iraq". Refworld.. *^ "World Gazetteer". Gazetteer.de. ... emerged in Turkey which were against violence and supported civil activities and participation in elections. In 1977, Mehdi ... "Annual report" (PDF) (The European Court of Human Rights). 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2015.. Cite journal requires ,journal=. ... M. Farouk-Sluglett, P. Sluglett, J. Stork, Not Quite Armageddon: Impact of the War on Iraq, MERIP Reports, July-September 1984 ...
Sex reassignment surgery
Report of the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, February 2013. ... A study reported an overall increase of masturbation frequencies exhibited in most transsexual individuals and 78% of them were ... In these studies, most of the patients have reported being very happy with the results and very few of the patients have ... Trans women who had undergone face feminization surgery have reported higher satisfaction in different aspects of their quality ...
Discrimination against asexual people
"National LGBT Survey: Summary report". Gov.uk. Retrieved 22 June 2019.. *^ "LGBTQrazy: A is for…". The Brunswickan (University ... A 2015 survey found that 43.5 per cent of the almost 8000 asexual people polled had encountered sexual violence, despite ... "Battling Asexual Discrimination, Sexual Violence And 'Corrective' Rape". Huffington Post. Retrieved 27 November 2018 ...
Мумбај - Википедија, слободна енциклопедија
Hansen, Thomas Blom (2001). Wages of violence: naming and identity in postcolonial Bombay. Princeton University Press. ISBN 978 ...
"2006 report highlights" (PDF). United Nations. Retrieved August 1, 2010.. *^ "UN population estimates and projections, database ... "Kenya's Violence: Exploding population". The New York Times. Retrieved July 7, 2013 ... "UN report - 2004 data" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on February 5, 2016. Retrieved August 1, 2010.. ... The data for 1750 to 1900 are from the UN report "The World at Six Billion" whereas the data from 1950 to 2015 are from a ...
Demographics of Brazil
According to the 2006 census people reported as "brown" make up 62.5% of the population. Those reported as Black account for ... The original Amerindian population of Brazil (between two and five million) largely died from disease or violence or was ... a b Japan Bank for International Cooperation report, November 2005, "Sector Study for Education in Brazil", retrieved 28 ... Of those who reported residing in another country less than 10 years before the 2000 census, 66.9 percent were Brazilians. If ...
Amnesty International report: Thailand: Grave developments - Killings and other abuses *^ "Drug-Related Killings: Verify the ... Violence and riots spread to many areas of the capital with rumours of a rift among the armed forces. ... It was established by law, but is directed without the involvement of the Thai government and reports only to the king. ... During his lifetime Bhumibol was the only person who could view the CPB's annual report, which was not released to the public.[ ...
... self-reported maternal stress is associated with a higher irritability, emotional and attentional problems. ... and maternal medial prefrontal cortical activity in response to child separation among mothers with histories of violence ...
In: UNESCO Science Report: towards 2030 (PDF). Paris: UNESCO. pp. 498-533. ISBN 978-92-3-100129-1. . Archived (PDF) from the ... In March 2004, 120 people were killed at an opposition rally, and subsequent mob violence led to the evacuation of foreign ... The BBC usually uses "Ivory Coast" both in news reports and on its page about the country. The Guardian newspaper's style ... "Human Development Report 2019" (PDF). United Nations Development Programme. 10 December 2019. Retrieved 10 December 2019.. ...
Legalizing prostitution lowers violence and disease, report says | Reuters
Sex workers in countries where selling or buying sex is illegal are more likely to face violence, not use condoms and contract ... This increased their vulnerability to theft and violence, she said.. The research, published in journal PLOS Medicine, reviewed ... Sex workers in countries where selling or buying sex is illegal are more likely to face violence, not use condoms and contract ... exposed to repressive policing like arrest or prison were three times more likely to experience sexual or physical violence by ...
NIOSH Report Addresses Problem of Workplace Violence | NIOSH | CDC
... in acts of workplace violence, according to a report released today by NIOSH ... The NIOSH report, "Violence in the Workplace: Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies," is the most comprehensive survey of ... The report recommends that all workers and employers assess the risk of violence in their workplaces and develop appropriate ... NIOSH Report Addresses Problem of Workplace Violence, Suggests Strategies for Preventing Risks. ...
Police inaction stoking India vigilante violence: report - CNN
... a leading rights group says in a new report. ... above arresting the instigators of violence, the report said. ... Brutal violence and police inaction. The Human Rights Watch report focused on 11 attacks in which "police initially stalled ... Indian authorities failed to stop cow vigilante violence: report. By Helen Regan and Swati Gupta, CNN ... Following one attack in June 2018, in which one person was killed, police allegedly filed a false report attributing the death ...
Pakistan violence drops significantly in 2016: report | Daily Mail Online
Deaths linked to violence in Pakistan decreased significantly in 2016, dropping 45 percent compared with the previous year, a ... Pakistan violence drops significantly in 2016: report. By Afp Published: 10:34 EDT, 3 January 2017 , Updated: 10:34 EDT, 3 ... Deaths linked to violence in Pakistan decreased significantly in 2016, dropping 45 percent compared with the previous year, a ... report released Tuesday said.. Some 2,610 people lost their lives due to violence during the period compared with 4,647 in 2015 ...
OHCHR | GA report on Violence against Women in Politics
OHCHR , English , Your Human Rights , Women , SRWomen , GA report on Violence against Women in Politics ... where the violence takes place?. *What actions could be taken to prevent, address, and/or sanction violence against women in ... Violence against women in politics represents a violation of womens human rights to live free from gender-based violence. In ... The Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, will look into the issue of violence against ...
Report: Violence Against West Bank Palestinians Is Up : NPR
But violence by Jewish settlers against West Bank Palestinians is up sharply, according to the report by U.N. agencies and ... Israeli-Palestinian violence has been at a comparatively low level in recent years. ... Report: Violence Against West Bank Palestinians Is Up Israeli-Palestinian violence has been at a comparatively low level in ... But violence by Jewish settlers against West Bank Palestinians is up sharply, according to the report by U.N. agencies and ...
Report Sexual Violence - MacEwan University
Learn how you can support someone who has experienced sexual violence. ... If you experience sexual violence, you can choose whether or not to report the incident. If you do choose to report, you can ... Report to law enforcement. It is always your choice whether or not to report the crime youve experienced to the police. The ... Sexual Violence Response Coordinator. The Sexual Violence Response Coordinator provides a central point of contact if you have ...
New CDC Report Highlights Impact of Domestic Violence
The NISVS survey and CDC report reach beyond mere numbers and is the first national study to ask questions designed to ... New CDC Report Highlights Impact of Domestic Violence Saturday, March 01, 2014 By Staff, National Network to End Domestice ... New CDC Report Highlights Impact of Domestic Violence Saturday, March 01, 2014 By Staff, National Network to End Domestice ... "The new report not only tells us the appalling number of domestic violence victims but provides in-depth details on the true ...
NHRC seeks report on Assam violence - Thaindian News
... has issued notice to the Assam chief secretary asking for a detailed report on the recent communal violence in the state. An ... NHRC seeks report on Assam violence. August 1st, 2012 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS Tweet. ... The team would submit a report in four weeks after visiting the violence-hit areas. ... has issued notice to the Assam chief secretary asking for a detailed report on the recent communal violence in the state. ...
Report: Women targeted in sexual violence as Colombian forces battle rebels - CNN
Report: Security forces and guerrillas both participate in sexual violence. *Colombia has been at war with the FARC since the ... According to the report, the different groups use sexual violence against women "to exploit them as sexual slaves; to sow ... Report: Women targeted in sexual violence as Colombian forces battle rebels By Mariano Castillo, CNN ... Of the more than 20,000 cases of sexual violence reported in 2010, 84% were women, and 85% were under the age of 18, Amnesty ...
Pugh 2014 Reporting - Sexual Violence in History: A Bibliography
Sexual Violence in History: Author Index , Sexual Violence in History: Author Index: P , ... as well as third party reporting and victim reporting. Policy implications and directions for future research will be discussed ... Title: Reporting Rape by Victims and Third Parties. Subtitle: Evidence from the National Crime Victimization Survey (1992-2012) ... However, reporting sexual assault may be the only way for the criminal justice system to address it. Thus the factors that ...
Interfaith report: Poverty and injustice drive Nigeria's sectarian violence
Interfaith report: Poverty and injustice drive Nigerias sectarian violence. By Tom Heneghan ... But although the violence is the worst between members of the two faiths since the Bosnian war of 1992-1995, the root causes go ... If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse ... the report said, warning that blaming only religion for the strife would make that incomplete view "a self-fulfilling ...
Afghanistan War: Optimistic Progress Report, But Expect More Violence This Year - ABC News
A new Pentagon report on Afghanistan says there has been significant progress against the Taliban, but warns that Taliban ... Still, the report says progress in the fight is "fragile and reversible," warning there could be increased violence as the ... Afghanistan War: Optimistic Progress Report, But Expect More Violence This Year. * By Luis Martinez ... "Since the last report," says the report, U.S. and Afghan forces "have made tangible progress, arresting the insurgents ...
Georgia: Ten Reported Killed In Violence In Abkhazia
A Russian Foreign Ministry official today expressed concern over reports of renewed violence in the Ghali district of Georgias ... The violence comes amid yesterdays reported deaths of up to 19 Abkhazian militiamen in a Georgian guerilla raid on an ... Moscow, 20 May 1998 (RFE/RL) - A Russian Foreign Ministry official today expressed concern over reports of renewed violence in ... Abkhazian sources report that up to 10 people were killed in clashes between Abkhazian militiamen and Georgian guerilla groups ...
Report Positions TMA Response to Firearms Violence
The reports were prepared by a specially appointed TMA Workgroup on Firearms, chaired by Fort Worth pediatrician Gary Floyd, MD ... To evaluate gun violence reduction strategies, Texas should participate in national surveillance studies. "We need more timely ... "There is an urgent need to improve Texas understanding of firearms violence and of the outreach and public awareness that is ... In 2017, TMA testified in support of a bill to designate a special month to focus public conversation on firearm violence. ...
Violence against women causes 'global health epidemic', says WHO report | Fox News
... a World Health Organization report said on Thursday. ... all women worldwide are victims of physical or sexual violence ... The report found that violence against women is a root cause for a range of acute and chronic health problems, ranging from ... Violence against women causes global health epidemic, says WHO report. Published June 20, 2013. Reuters ... In a statement accompanying the report WHO Director-General Margaret Chan said the violence had caused health problems of ...
Deaths reported in Egypt as violence escalates | Reuters Video
... while a number of other deaths are reported as rival demonstrators clash. Sarah Charlton reports. ... The Muslim Brotherhood say at least 30 people have been were killed in violence in Cairo, ... Deaths reported in Egypt as violence escalates. Posted July 27 - The Muslim Brotherhood say at least 30 people have been were ... killed in violence in Cairo, while a number of other deaths are reported as rival demonstrators clash. Sarah Charlton reports. ...
Reports of looting, violence surface in flood-ravaged Pakistan - CNN.com
Desperation erupted into violence Tuesday in flood-ravaged Pakistan, as survivors who have yet to receive aid scrambled to put ... Reports of looting, violence surface in flood-ravaged Pakistan. By the CNN Wire Staff. ... Local aid agencies reported other incidents of looting.. An aid agency worker said distributions were hampered because of the ... Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- Desperation erupted into violence Tuesday in flood-ravaged Pakistan, as survivors who have yet to ...
One-Third of Women Suffer Domestic Violence: WHO Report | Newsmax.com
... according to a report by the World Health Organization. ... the women across the globe suffer physical or sexual violence ... The report also examined rates of sexual violence against women by someone other than a partner and found about 7 percent of ... In the first major global review of violence against women, a series of reports released Thursday found that about a third of ... In the first major global review of violence against women, a series of reports released Thursday found that about a third of ...
Report reveals full cost of failure to tackle youth violence effectively
... *. Unique analysis by the cross party Youth Violence ... The Youth Violence Commissions final report outlines the economic and social cost of youth violence, with unique analysis ... This means, say report authors, that the VRU network would only need to reduce serious youth violence by 3% to be cost- ... The final report of the cross-party Youth Violence Commission (YVC), supported by researchers from the University of Warwick ...
Violence against sub-Saharan Africans reported in Libya - CNN.com
The United Nations refugee agency reported disturbing accounts of violence and persecution of sub-Saharan Africans within Libya ... Violence against sub-Saharan Africans reported in Libya. By the CNN Wire Staff. ... Migrants at a camp in Tunisia having crossed from Libya -- there are reports of violence against sub-Saharan Africans in Libya. ... CNN) -- The United Nations refugee agency reported disturbing accounts of violence and persecution of sub-Saharan Africans ...
Sexual or Relationship Violence Incident Report Form - Linfield College
Completing the anonymous report form does NOT constitute a police report or a student conduct report. Anonymous reports are ... Reporting Options. There are a variety of ways to report sexual misconduct and/or relationship violence. All of the following ... Formal Report online option - The report is called a public report form, because it is available to all students to file a ... Home > Student Health, Wellness, and Counseling > Sexual or Relationship Violence Incident Report Form ...
Report: Punishing Drug Dealers Leads To More Violence And Deadly Narcotics | Benzinga
A new report calls into question whether current criminalization of drug ... ... The report argues that the law, as currently constructed, allows too broad a definition for drug dealers. Those carrying a ... A new report calls into question whether current criminalization of drug dealers actually makes a difference in reducing drug ... But a new report from the Drug Policy Alliance calls into question the prevailing legislative practices and penal punishments ...
Corrections report highlights violence against staff | The London Free Press
... a new report from the Independent Review of Ontario Corrections finds. ... a new report from the Independent Review of Ontario Corrections finds. ... The final report on violence focuses on the Toronto South Detention Centre and compared the number of violent incidents in that ... Corrections report highlights violence against staff. More than half the front-line correctional officers in Ontario (53 per ...
Violence: Comparing Reporting and Reality - Dart Center
Covering Violence: A Guide to Ethical Reporting About Victims & Trauma. More essential now than ever, Covering Violence ... Violence in War and Peace: An Anthology. Humankind has struggled to make sense of human-upon-human violence. Edited by two of ... Echoes of Violence: Letters from a War Reporter (Human Rights and Crimes against Humanity). Echoes of Violence is an award- ... Rodgers, S., & Thorson, E. (2001). The reporting of crime and violence in the LA Times:Is there a public health perspective? ...
Alcohol kills more people worldwide than HIV, AIDS, violence and tuberculosis combined: report | National Post
Alcohol kills more people worldwide than HIV, AIDS, violence and tuberculosis combined: report. Although overall consumption ... Alcohol kills more people worldwide than HIV, AIDS, violence and tuberculosis combined: report ... In its report, the OECD comes to the conclusion that European countries such as the Czech Republic or Germany could serve as ... Although global alcohol consumption has decreased, according to the authors of the report, "harmful drinking is on the rise ...
Four UC Davis studies report on key issues in preventing gun violence | EurekAlert! Science News
7, 2019 at 4 p.m. Eastern Time -- provide new data and report on current strategies and future efforts that can further reduce ... Three research studies by the UC Davis Violence Prevention Research Program (VPRP) -- all embargoed for release in Health ... consequences and prevention of violence. Studies assess firearm violence and the connections between violence, substance abuse ... Four UC Davis studies report on key issues in preventing gun violence. University of California - Davis Health ...
WHO/Europe | European report on preventing violence and knife crime among young people
This report describes the burden that violence imposes on the Region, particularly its poorer countries and groups; risk ... The report concludes by calling for greater investment in prevention and mainstreaming of the objective of preventing violence ... European health report. Our flagship report maps health trends, charts progress towards achieving health goals and provides an ... Publications European report on preventing violence and knife crime among young people ...
Abu Ghraib Abuse Continues to Lead Iraq Debate; New Violence Reported - WSJ
John Abizaid, commander of U.S. forces in the region, said such reports must quickly rise all the way up the chain of command ... And after an accompanying aide described the "haphazard manner" in which initial Red Cross reports on abuse were handled, Gen. ... The killings follow nearly a fortnight of bloody violence between Israeli forces and Palestinian militants there, as the ... the Associated Press reported the deaths of more than 40 Iraqis attending a wedding in what appeared to be a U.S. attack. ...
2017Prevention2018Perpetrators2016InterpersonalAbuseInjuriesFindingsFirearm violenceViolentDeathsHomicidesGender-based violenceRapeWomenIncidents2019Prevalence of violenceBehaviorSurvivors of domestic violenceIncidentWorld Health OrganGroup'sConsequencesGondrezick-HaskinsPrivacy Commissioner'sDwayne HaskinsAmnestyYearDisproportionateRespondentsUNICEFResponsesCrimesCharacteristicsPeopleThreatNewsPoliceResearchFoundCommunal violenceExposurePhysical violenceChildren and adolescentsAttacksWorkplace violenceOccurPsychologicalWomen'sVictim of domestic violenceResearchersSexual misconductContentIndigenousContext
- In 2017, 111 people were killed across India and more than 2,300 injured in communal violence of all kinds. (cnn.com)
- Spurred by the tragic events in Sutherland Springs in 2017 and Santa Fe in 2018, the TMA House of Delegates earlier this year adopted two comprehensive reports that establish new association policy on firearms safety. (texmed.org)
- In 2017, TMA testified in support of a bill to designate a special month to focus public conversation on firearm violence. (texmed.org)
- July 23, 2017 (JUBA) - Thousands of South Sudanese women, girls, and men, who were raped in ethnically-charged sexual attacks in the ongoing conflict are battling mental distress and stigma with nowhere to turn for help, Amnesty International said in a new report. (sudantribune.com)
- In 2017, Global News obtained a declassified Canada Border Services Agency intelligence report about SOO that said "the group's nature has raised concerns of anti-immigration vigilantism. (globalnews.ca)
- The NIOSH report, "Violence in the Workplace: Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies," is the most comprehensive survey of information to date on job-related violence. (cdc.gov)
- The report recommends that all workers and employers assess the risk of violence in their workplaces and develop appropriate prevention programs and policies. (cdc.gov)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a new report, Intimate Partner Violence in the United States 2010 , based on data from the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS), which documents the alarming prevalence of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and dating violence. (truth-out.org)
- The new policy states that TMA "recognizes gun violence as a public health issue requiring promotion of evidence-based strategies" and says medical societies "should speak out" about prevention. (texmed.org)
- By focusing on violence prevention, the Government will save money in the long term and change many lives for the better. (warwick.ac.uk)
- SACRAMENTO, Calif.) -- Three research studies by the UC Davis Violence Prevention Research Program (VPRP) -- all embargoed for release in Health Affairs Oct. 7 at 4 p.m. (eurekalert.org)
- They will help shape violence prevention efforts taken by policymakers, health professionals, and all the rest of us. (eurekalert.org)
- The report concludes by calling for greater investment in prevention and mainstreaming of the objective of preventing violence among young people into other areas of health and social policy. (who.int)
- Project staff at Prevention Institute, Oakland, Calif., produced two reports highlighting promising programs and approaches to preventing youth and intimate partner violence-with an emphasis on initiatives directed at vulnerable groups, including women and girls and low-income communities. (rwjf.org)
- Actions to build momentum for primary prevention of intimate partner violence. (rwjf.org)
- Ways to advance intimate partner violence primary prevention in immigrant communities. (rwjf.org)
- These make compelling arguments for advocating for increased investment in prevention and for mainstreaming objectives for preventing violence among young people into other areas of health and social policy. (who.int)
- Americans purchased more than two million firearms in the four months since the outbreak of COVID-19, coinciding with an 8 percent increase in gun violence during the same period, according to an earlier study by the UC Davis Violence Prevention Program. (thecrimereport.org)
- The rise in gun homicides puts healthcare professionals on the front lines of violence prevention efforts, since the communities most at risk also disproportionately experience adverse social and economic conditions, Dr. Wintemute wrote. (thecrimereport.org)
- Using annual records of the number of cattle apprehended and infestation rates, an analysis of the effects of media-reported border violence and environmental conditions can provide a unique understanding of cattle fever tick prevention and the challenges control programs face. (frontiersin.org)
- Amending the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act to provide for the reporting and reduction of child abuse and family violence incidences on Indian reservations, and for other purposes : report (to accompany S. 1601). (worldcat.org)
- I thought you might be interested in this item at http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/54900577 Title: Amending the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act to provide for the reporting and reduction of child abuse and family violence incidences on Indian reservations, and for other purposes : report (to accompany S. 1601). (worldcat.org)
- San Francisco, CA - What may be the first national survey to determine the extent of a form of abuse called "reproductive coercion" was released today by the National Domestic Violence Hotline and the Family Violence Prevention Fund. (thehotline.org)
- Birth control sabotage is a serious form of control that leads to unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections," said Family Violence Prevention Fund President Esta Soler. (thehotline.org)
- According to the Family Violence Prevention Fund, the rate of reproductive coercion is probably even higher than these findings showed because some callers who experienced this form of control were not included in the survey because they needed to be referred to help immediately. (thehotline.org)
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sexual violence is defined as sexual activity that involves victims who do not consent, or who are unable to consent. (utah.gov)
- This data reinforces what sexual violence prevention and response professionals will tell you. (utah.gov)
- This gives us good indication that prevention efforts need to begin early on - before sexual violence occurs - and address families and environments, in addition to the individual," said Waters. (utah.gov)
- The UDOH focuses on the primary prevention of sexual violence. (utah.gov)
- Primary prevention emphasizes activities that take place before sexual violence has occurred and works to create social change and shift the norms regarding sexual violence. (utah.gov)
- Primary prevention reduces the risks while increasing the factors in people's lives that prevent against sexual violence. (utah.gov)
- For more information about sexual violence prevention in Utah, visit www.health.utah.gov/vipp . (utah.gov)
- Meg Stone, Executive Director of IMPACT Boston , wrote a great piece on safety tips, and why focusing on them makes it a challenge to ever get to sexual violence prevention. (barcc.org)
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (U.S.). Division of Violence Prevention. (cdc.gov)
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics Report from December 2018, among drug overdose deaths that mentioned at least one specific drug, the 10 most frequently mentioned drugs during 2011-2016 included alprazolam and diazepam. (cchrint.org)
- The information it generates can be used in evidence and will support the prevention of family violence," Mr Marshall said. (indiannewslink.co.nz)
- An upturned and smoldering vehicle is seen following mob violence over suspected cow slaughter in Bulandhahr, India's northern Uttar Pradesh state, on December 3, 2018. (cnn.com)
- Following one attack in June 2018, in which one person was killed, police allegedly filed a false report attributing the death to a motorbike accident. (cnn.com)
- The Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, will look into the issue of violence against women in politics in her upcoming report to the General Assembly, to be presented in fall 2018. (ohchr.org)
- Substantial and long-term investment in the 18 regional Violence Reduction Units , which were established shortly after the publication of the YVC's Interim Report in July 2018. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Until late 2018, he served as that paper's news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics. (dailydot.com)
- The newly released Human Rights Watch World Report 2018, Amnesty International Report 2018 and the US State Department reports on India and Nepal, find that caste-based discrimination and violence remain a serious threat as hate crimes against Dalits are widespread. (idsn.org)
- Elsewhere, politicians have publicly welcomed the release of alleged perpetrators, the report noted. (cnn.com)
- The court ordered all state governments to assign an officer in every district to prevent such violence, and ensure police take prompt action against perpetrators and safeguard victims. (cnn.com)
- Women and girls have been the victims of sexual violence at the hands of all the parties involved in the conflict, and there is impunity for the perpetrators, Amnesty International said in a report released Wednesday. (cnn.com)
- The survey assesses intimate partner violence and characteristics among male perpetrators. (scienceblog.com)
- Our research shows that male perpetrators of intimate partner violence seek routine medical services, and they have physical symptoms that are common reasons patients seek medical care. (scienceblog.com)
- While it may be perceived that organized crime is responsible for the abuses, ARTICLE 19 and CENCOS show in their 2009 annual report that public officials or those with links to political parties can be cited as the main perpetrators in more than 65 per cent of the attacks, compared to six per cent for criminal gangs. (ifex.org)
- According to the report, perpetrators come from both sides of the conflict, pitting the pro-government forces of President Salva Kiir, a Dinka, against opposition forces of former First Vice-President, Riek Machar, a Nuer, and their respective allied armed groups. (sudantribune.com)
- MSF patients reported that the perpetrators of violence included members of gangs and other criminal organisations, as well as members of the Mexican security forces responsible for their protection. (msf.ie)
- Rape involving at least two or more perpetrators is widely reported to occur in many parts of the world. (wikipedia.org)
- Deaths linked to violence in Pakistan decreased significantly in 2016, dropping 45 percent compared with the previous year, a report released Tuesday said. (dailymail.co.uk)
- There was nearly a 45 percent reduction in the number of violence-related fatalities in 2016, which continued the trend of reduction from 2014," the report said. (dailymail.co.uk)
- According to the CRSS report, the two provinces of central Punjab and southwestern Baluchistan had a marginal increase in violence during 2016. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Baluchistan suffered the most fatalities as violence-related deaths rose from 719 in 2015 to 798 last year, an upsurge of nearly 10 percent, followed by central Punjab which lost 424 people during 2016 -- the highest number of fatalities in the province during the last four years. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Data indicates that in 2016, 45.5 percent of Utahns who report being bisexual and 33.6 percent of Utahns who report being lesbian or gay experienced sexual violence at some point in their lives compared to only 8.7 percent of Utahns who report being straight. (utah.gov)
- Sexual violence affected 16.4 percent of Utah adult females and 3.1 percent of Utah adult males in Utah in 2016. (utah.gov)
- Official statistics released in November stated that more than 40,000 crimes against Scheduled Castes were reported in 2016. (idsn.org)
- Interpersonal violence is the third leading cause of death and a leading cause of disability among young people (those aged 10-29 years) in the 53 countries in the WHO European Region. (who.int)
- Irrespective of country income, interpersonal violence disproportionately affects young people from deprived sections of society and males, who suffer 4 of 5 homicide deaths. (who.int)
- We further discovered that two out of three violent acts against children and adolescents worldwide are due to interpersonal violence [defined as "homicides or injuries inflicted by another person with intent to injure or kill by any means"] as opposed to conflict or civil unrest. (wyso.org)
- Participants who experienced frequent hunger during childhood had significantly greater impulsivity, worse self-control, and greater involvement in several forms of interpersonal violence. (mdpi.com)
- While the law offices' primary role is to provide legal advice and represent clients in court, the agencies are also a "gateway" to other agencies that provide services that can help families experiencing interpersonal violence. (andjusticeforall.org)
- A 2011 IFES/Bardall study on violence against women in elections also found that women and men experience electoral violence differently, with women experiencing more than twice as much psychological abuse/violence than men, in a cross-country study that reviewed 2,000 acts of election violence in 6 countries between 2004-2010. (ohchr.org)
- If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. (reuters.com)
- If you encounter a comment that is abusive, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report spam or abuse. (lfpress.com)
- Content analysis of all national British press and television news reports of child sexual abuse during in 1991, revealed a disproportionate amount of coverage focused on abuse outside the home. (dartcenter.org)
- And after an accompanying aide described the "haphazard manner" in which initial Red Cross reports on abuse were handled, Gen. John Abizaid, commander of U.S. forces in the region, said such reports must quickly rise all the way up the chain of command. (wsj.com)
- The analysis also found that male aggression toward a partner is associated with warning signs that could come up during routine health care visits, including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and insomnia, in addition to better known risks like substance abuse and a history of either experiencing or witnessing violence as a child. (scienceblog.com)
- The report covers a very broad range of political and social problems, from obstruction at polling stations , domestic surveillance, police brutality , abuses at Guantanamo and military actions abroad to high campaign spending , low election turnout, unemployment , homelessness , racist attacks , "apartheid" on New York's Upper East Side and child abuse at Penn State . (chinadigitaltimes.net)
- ARTICLE 19/CENCOS/IFEX) - 10 February, 2010, Mexico D.F. - The Mexican government should comply with its responsibilities and do more to protect journalists and media workers who are under threat of widespread abuse, ARTICLE 19 and CENCOS say in their new report. (ifex.org)
- The violence against children as young as 12 months old was also particularly shocking, with data from 30 countries showing that nearly half of the children between 12 and 23 months old were subjected to corporal punishment or verbal abuse. (wyso.org)
- Reports of child abuse and neglect are made to the Department of Children and Families. (masslegalhelp.org)
- The law also says that certain kinds of people must report child abuse and neglect to DCF. (masslegalhelp.org)
- Mandated reporters must take special care when they report abuse and neglect in cases involving domestic violence. (masslegalhelp.org)
- When a mandated reporter comes to believe any of these things, he or she must immediately communicate with DCF orally and, within 48 hours they must file a written report with DCF detailing the suspected abuse or neglect. (masslegalhelp.org)
- While public health experts agree this is the best method to slow the pandemic, advocates say domestic violence victims are at greater risk for abuse as they're forced to spend more time with abusive partners. (phillytrib.com)
- The women who reported this form of abuse said that their male partners either would not allow them to use birth control or sabotaged their birth control method (such as poking holes in condoms or flushing pills down the toilet). (thehotline.org)
- ACE's include sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, emotional abuse, domestic violence in the home, substance misuse in the home, having someone living in the home with a mental illness, parental separation or divorce, or having an incarcerated household member. (utah.gov)
- 5 High levels of verbal abuse and threatening behaviour are reported 6 , and up to 90% of Emergency Department nurses have experienced physical violence at some point in their careers while all have experienced verbal abuse. (lww.com)
- The term violence encompasses a wide range of behaviours 9 from physical assault or direct violence to non-physical forms of violence such as verbal abuse and sexual harassment. (lww.com)
- 3 Evidence suggests that the term "violence "is frequently used by nurses as an umbrella term to encompass everything from witnessing verbal abuse through to being a victim of physical assault. (lww.com)
- Reports of mistreated children, domestic violence, and abuse of elderly persons continue to strain the capacity of police, courts, social services agencies, and medical centers. (nap.edu)
- Ninety-one percent report there has been no further abuse and 95 percent report feeling safer. (andjusticeforall.org)
- To examine attitudes of female emergency department patients toward mandatory reporting of domestic violence injuries to police and how these attitudes may differ by abuse status. (eurekamag.com)
- Twelve percent of respondents (n = 140) reported physical or sexual abuse within the past year by a current or former partner. (eurekamag.com)
- Of abused women, 55.7% supported mandatory reporting and 44.3% opposed mandatory reporting (7.9% preferred that physicians never report abuse to police and 36.4% preferred physicians report only with patient consent). (eurekamag.com)
- The investigation found that teachers rarely report violence or serve as witnesses in cases of abuse. (chalkbeat.org)
- Strangulation is so common in battering (50% or more battered women report that they've been strangled) that it doesn't differentiate abuse in which the victim survives or dies. (wikipedia.org)
- It identifies factors associated with the risk of workplace violence, examines rates of injuries and deaths by industry and occupation, including comparisons over time, and suggests practical strategies that can be used to protect workers. (cdc.gov)
- The report, co-authored by Watts and Claudia Garcia-Moreno of the WHO, found that almost two fifths (38 percent) of all women murder victims were murdered by intimate partners, and 42 percent of women who have been victims of physical or sexual violence by a partner have injuries as a result. (foxnews.com)
- Emergency Medical Services personnel in the US have a rate of occupational violence injuries that is about 22-times higher than the average for all workers. (cambridge.org)
- All injuries have been report as being by ZNA soldiers, with a small number being soldiers together with police. (kubatana.net)
- Mandatory reporting of domestic violence injuries to the police: what do emergency department patients think? (eurekamag.com)
- 95% CI, 1.6-2.9) had higher odds of opposing mandatory reporting of domestic violence injuries. (eurekamag.com)
- His father and friends alleged instead that he died from injuries sustained from police brutality while in custody, and a postmortem report confirmed he had injuries consistent with torture. (idsn.org)
- These findings mirror what we find in the NNEDV Domestic Violence Counts Census report each year. (truth-out.org)
- Among the findings: 40 percent of women killed worldwide were slain by an intimate partner, and being assaulted by a partner was the most common kind of violence experienced by women. (newsmax.com)
- The Commission complemented this newly generated data with the findings of the most recent and relevant research to produce a raft of evidence-informed policy recommendations which can be found in the final report. (warwick.ac.uk)
- The new U-M findings show that the prevalence of partner violence in the country is even greater than that of diabetes. (scienceblog.com)
- Findings support the idea that to reduce and prevent domestic violence against women, it is also important to address those conditions leading to mistrust between people and diminished social control such as concentrated disadvantage and disorder. (nih.gov)
- Recent initiatives such as the Prime Minister's family violence roundtable in July 2003 and subsequent commitment of $20 million as a 'down payment' to address family violence issues, the response of the Western Australian government to the Gordon Inquiry's findings, and the focus on family violence issues in several of the COAG whole-of-government community trials, demonstrate a genuine commitment from governments to address family violence issues. (humanrights.gov.au)
- Based on the detailed findings, FRA suggests courses of action in different areas that are touched by violence against women and go beyond the narrow confines of criminal law, ranging from employment and health to the medium of new technologies. (europa.eu)
- The findings support general theoretical models implicating impulse control problems as a key correlate of crime and violence and add another facet to the importance of ameliorating food neglect in the United States. (mdpi.com)
- Our findings indicate that sexual minorities and other vulnerable populations appear to be at significantly increased risk for sexual violence," said Megan Waters, spokesperson for the UDOH. (utah.gov)
- Findings indicate strong evidence that the training resulted in CPS staff assigning less blame to victims for staying in a violent relationship, and increased CPS staff concern and documentation of the effect so children witnessing domestic violence. (fatherhood.gov)
- We note the findings in the report relating to clear governance structures relating to the ICLD project. (nzfvc.org.nz)
- The findings of this report come against the backdrop of heightened immigration enforcement by Mexico and the United States, including the use of detention and deportation. (msf.ie)
- Finnish researchers published the findings in their 2015 study that linked tranquilizers, which includes benzodiazepines, to violence. (cchrint.org)
- Evidence suggests Department of Corrections employees instruct teachers to turn a blind eye to the violence, and that educators fear repercussions for speaking up, the findings say. (chalkbeat.org)
- Our group's research is focused on making a difference," said Garen Wintemute, emergency physician and director of VPRP and the UC Firearm Violence Research Center (UCFC). (eurekalert.org)
- He suggests specific ways to strengthen policies to address each of these shortcomings and is optimistic that a properly designed universal background check system can further reduce firearm violence caused by individuals who should be denied these purchases. (eurekalert.org)
- In a series of oral presentations on laws to address firearm violence [Session 3161], three researchers from Boston University reported on new research on racial disparities in firearm deaths, with the aim of guiding upstream policy interventions. (plos.org)
- According to the new report, that growing population is one of the reasons there is a surge in violent confrontations between Israelis and Palestinians in the West Bank. (npr.org)
- Texas should participate in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Violent Death Reporting System. (texmed.org)
- Violent crime and the use of Violence Reduction Units (VRUs) are also the subjects of a BBC Panorama investigation, 'How Scotland Cut Violent Crime' with Kate Silverton, airing on BBC One at 19:30 today, Monday 13 July. (warwick.ac.uk)
- The final report on violence focuses on the Toronto South Detention Centre and compared the number of violent incidents in that facility to the other 25 correctional institutions across Ontario. (lfpress.com)
- Collecting and analyzing data on violent incidents in the province, especially in individual jails, remains difficult, the report says. (lfpress.com)
- In addition to supporting restrictions on access to firearms for persons convicted of violent crimes or crimes involving alcohol misuse, health workers should conduct studies on the "socioeconomic factors associated with the increased risk for violence [and] the consequences of victimization," he added. (thecrimereport.org)
- The risk for experiencing violence was higher in facilities that had barriers to reporting violent incidents. (ohsonline.com)
- Developing clear and consistent procedures for reporting violent incidents. (ohsonline.com)
- The healthcare industry has been identified as one of the most violent workplace sectors, 1 with Emergency Departments ranked as one of the highest-risk areas for such violence. (lww.com)
- Our teams have witnessed and documented a pattern of violent displacement, persecution, sexual violence, and forced repatriation akin to the conditions found in the deadliest armed conflicts in the world today. (msf.ie)
- The study found that laws regulating firearm purchases and possession (such as universal background checks and restrictions on concealed carry of firearms) were associated with lower homicide rates among both white and black populations, but that laws to remove guns from high-risk domestic violence situations and from individuals with a history of violent misdemeanors may have a greater impact among blacks. (plos.org)
- The violence comes amid yesterday's reported deaths of up to 19 Abkhazian militiamen in a Georgian guerilla raid on an Abkhazian military post. (rferl.org)
- July 27 - The Muslim Brotherhood say at least 30 people have been were killed in violence in Cairo, while a number of other deaths are reported as rival demonstrators clash. (reuters.com)
- Alcohol now accounts for a higher proportion of deaths worldwide than HIV, AIDS, violence and tuberculosis combined," the report warned. (nationalpost.com)
- This burden of disease and death from youth violence is unequally distributed, and 9 of 10 homicide deaths in the Region occur in low- and middle-income countries. (who.int)
- But other news at the hearing suggested more damaging revelations about American mistreatment of Iraqis could still surface, and hours later, the Associated Press reported the deaths of more than 40 Iraqis attending a wedding in what appeared to be a U.S. attack. (wsj.com)
- In the U.S. each year, roughly 320,000 outpatient health visits and 1,200 deaths among women are due to intimate partner violence, and $8.3 billion is spent in related medical and mental health services alone. (scienceblog.com)
- Add to the violence they can cause, there are also overdose deaths. (cchrint.org)
- Some 1 million workers are assaulted and more than 1,000 are murdered every year - an average of some 20 homicides every week - in acts of workplace violence, according to a report released today by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. (cdc.gov)
- The NIOSH report finds that workplace homicides increased in number in the 1990s after decreasing substantially in the 1980s. (cdc.gov)
- The report finds that the taxicab industry has the highest risk of workplace homicides, nearly 60 times the national average rate. (cdc.gov)
- Specifically, homicides of women, children, and the elderly, and homicides involving multiple victims were reported more often than homicides involving one young or middle-aged adult. (dartcenter.org)
- Based on a short story by Philip K. Dick, Minority Report took us to Washington DC in 2054, a world where homicides can be prevented. (rcpsych.org)
- One of the consequences has been an increase in violence and drug-related homicides. (euronews.com)
- The increase in firearm homicides during the pandemic underlines the need for a broader approach that treats gun violence as a community health challenge, according to a paper published in the Annals of Internal Medicine . (thecrimereport.org)
- An important but under-studied barrier to women's political participation involves various forms of gender-based violence. (ohchr.org)
- Violence against women in politics represents a violation of women's human rights to live free from gender-based violence. (ohchr.org)
- What actions could be taken to prevent, address, and/or sanction violence against women in politics and to ensure that women who experience gender-based violence in politics can obtain redress? (ohchr.org)
- Children perform during the "Girls and Boys Voices against Gender-Based Violence" wrap up event at ESA in Beirut, Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019. (dailystar.com.lb)
- Last year, for instance, the United Nations reported a 60 percent increase in gender-based violence in South Sudan, with 70 percent of women in U.N. camps in the capital, Juba, having reportedly been raped since the start of the civil war in mid-December 2013. (sudantribune.com)
- We conducted a case-control study to examine factors associated with non-enrollment in MAT, with a focus on gender-based violence. (rti.org)
- An Online Resource Library on Gender-Based Violence. (vawnet.org)
- CDC developed NISVS to better describe lifetime rates of rape, physical violence, and stalking by an intimate partner. (cdc.gov)
- Female victims of rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate were significantly more likely than male victims to experience impacts such as fear, concern for their safety, need for medical care, injury, need for housing services, and missing at least one day of work or school. (cdc.gov)
- Among those who ever experienced rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner, more than 22% of female victims and 15% of male victims experienced some form of intimate partner violence for the first time between the ages of 11 and 17 years. (cdc.gov)
- Men and women with a lifetime history of rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner were more likely to report frequent headaches, chronic pain, difficulty sleeping, activity limitations, and poor physical health in general compared to those without a history of IPV. (cdc.gov)
- Women and men who experienced food insecurity or housing insecurity in the past 12 months had a significantly higher 12-month prevalence of rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner compared to women and men who did not experience food insecurity or housing insecurity. (truth-out.org)
- 1 in 10 women and nearly 1 in 25 men who have experienced rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner, missed work or school as a result of intimate partner violence. (truth-out.org)
- Sexual assault is a pervasive problem in our society with evidence from the National Violence Against Women Survey (NVAWS) revealing that one out of six women are survivors of rape. (google.com)
- Despite increased efforts in rape reform legislation to increase reporting, rape remains the most underreported crime in America. (google.com)
- A U.S. government survey reported almost two years ago that 1 in 4 American women said they were violently attacked by their husbands or boyfriends, and 1 in 5 said they were victims of rape or attempted rape, with about half those cases involving intimate partners. (newsmax.com)
- They also reported the rape of a 12-year-old Sudanese girl and said many of their documents had been confiscated or destroyed. (cnn.com)
- If you or someone you know has experienced sexual violence, help is available by calling the Utah Rape and Sexual Assault Crisis Line at 1-888-421-1100 or the Domestic Violence Link Line at 1-800-897-LINK (5465). (utah.gov)
- In the weeks immediately following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, a group of professionals from the fields of rape victim advocacy, law enforcement, emergency medicine, and prosecution began work on developing an anonymous database to measure the extent of sexual violence committed in the aftermath of these hurricanes. (vawnet.org)
- Along the migration route from the NTCA, migrants and refugees are preyed upon by criminal organisations, sometimes with the tacit approval or complicity of national authorities, and subjected to violence and other abuses - abduction, theft, extortion, torture, and rape - that can leave them injured and traumatised. (msf.ie)
- Surveys that fail to make this distinction or those that only examine rape by strangers usually underestimate substantially the prevalence of sexual violence. (wikipedia.org)
- For instance, in a national survey conducted in the United States of America, 14.8% of women over 17 years of age reported having been raped in their lifetime (with an additional 2.8% having experienced attempted rape) and 0.3% of the sample reported having been raped in the previous year. (wikipedia.org)
- Where studies have included both men and women in the sample, the prevalence of reported rape or sexual coercion has been higher among the women than the men. (wikipedia.org)
- We as a society cannot afford to tolerate violence against working men and women," said HHS Secretary Donna E. Shalala. (cdc.gov)
- Women more likely to report severe IPV and related impacts than men. (cdc.gov)
- Women who have experienced these forms of violence were also more likely to report asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes, and poor mental health compared to women who did not experience these forms of violence. (cdc.gov)
- A recent Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) study showed that 81.8 percent of women parliamentarians surveyed had experienced some form of psychological violence from members of the public and fellow parliamentarians. (ohchr.org)
- Pilot studies by the National Democratic Institute (NDI) show that violence also occurs within political parties, with 44 percent of respondents from surveyed parties indicating it was more likely to be experienced by women and only 4 percent believing it was more likely to target men. (ohchr.org)
- In preventing or discouraging women's political participation, violence against women in politics undermines women's civil and political rights. (ohchr.org)
- Finally, violence against women in politics threatens gender equality and the building of robust and resilient democratic institutions. (ohchr.org)
- Please provide examples of violence against women in politics? (ohchr.org)
- What are examples of good practices , legal and policy frameworks for addressing violence against women in politics at international, regional and/or national levels? (ohchr.org)
- In your view, what further measures could be taken to address violence against women in politics, and more generally accelerate gender equality and the political empowerment of women? (ohchr.org)
- The government of President Juan Manuel Santos has made a commitment to address the issue, but the organization reports it has not seen evidence of real improvements in the area of human rights and sexual violence against women. (cnn.com)
- Of the more than 20,000 cases of sexual violence reported in 2010, 84% were women, and 85% were under the age of 18, Amnesty found. (cnn.com)
- A majority of physically mistreated women -- 73% -- did not report the violence, the group's researchers found. (cnn.com)
- More than a third of all women worldwide are victims of physical or sexual violence, posing a global health problem of epidemic proportions, a World Health Organization report said on Thursday. (foxnews.com)
- The vast majority of women are attacked or abused by their husbands or boyfriends, and common health problems they suffer include broken bones, bruises, pregnancy complications, depression and other mental illnesses, the report said. (foxnews.com)
- The report found that violence against women is a root cause for a range of acute and chronic health problems, ranging from immediate injury to sexually transmitted infections, to HIV, to depression and stress- and alcohol-related health disorders. (foxnews.com)
- Women who suffer violence from their partners are 1.5 times more likely to get syphilis, Chlamydia, or gonorrhea. (foxnews.com)
- They stress the importance of training health workers to recognize when women may be at risk of partner violence and to know how to respond. (foxnews.com)
- In a statement accompanying the report WHO Director-General Margaret Chan said the violence had caused health problems of 'epidemic proportions', adding: 'The world's health systems can and must do more for women who experience violence. (foxnews.com)
- In the first major global review of violence against women, a series of reports released Thursday found that about a third of women have been physically or sexually assaulted by a former or current partner. (newsmax.com)
- The report also examined rates of sexual violence against women by someone other than a partner and found about 7 percent of women worldwide had previously been a victim. (newsmax.com)
- In conjunction with the report, WHO issued guidelines for authorities to spot problems earlier and said all health workers should be trained to recognize when women may be at risk and how to respond appropriately. (newsmax.com)
- Globally, the WHO review found 30 percent of women are affected by domestic or sexual violence by a partner. (newsmax.com)
- According to the United Nations, more than 600 million women live in countries where domestic violence is not considered a crime. (newsmax.com)
- The rate of domestic violence against women was highest in Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia, where 37 percent of women experienced physical or sexual violence from a partner at some point in their lifetimes. (newsmax.com)
- It's unlikely that someone would walk into an ER and disclose they've been assaulted,' said Sheila Sprague of McMaster University in Canada, who has researched domestic violence in women at orthopedic clinics. (newsmax.com)
- For domestic violence figures, scientists analyzed information from 86 countries focusing on women and teens over the age of 15. (newsmax.com)
- WHO experts then used modeling techniques to come up with global estimates for the percentage of women who are victims of violence. (newsmax.com)
- Accurate numbers on women and violence are notoriously hard to pin down. (newsmax.com)
- Stoeckl said there should be more protection for women from their partners, particularly in cases where there is a history of violence. (newsmax.com)
- The cost to society and the economy of excessive alcohol consumption around the world is massive, especially in OECD countries," the organization's secretary-general, Angel Gurría, commented on the report, which especially emphasizes the increasingly risky behavior of women and younger citizens. (nationalpost.com)
- Although global alcohol consumption has decreased, according to the authors of the report, "harmful drinking is on the rise among young people and women. (nationalpost.com)
- Most of our efforts to prevent intimate partner violence have focused on screening and improving outcomes for women who are victims, because their health and well-being is our priority. (scienceblog.com)
- UNITED NATIONS (AP) - The U.N. women's agency says in a new report that families around the world can be loving and supporting but too often are the place for discrimination and violence against women - and home is one of the most dangerous places for a woman. (wtrf.com)
- While the report recognizes the vital importance of families to cultures and economies, it also says that in every region there are concerted efforts to deny women autonomy and the right to make their own decisions in the name of protecting "family values. (wtrf.com)
- The report stresses the importance of women having their own income and recommends greater public investments in child care services and in social protection - and paid parental leave to spur women into the job market. (wtrf.com)
- Perceived neighborhood social disorder and attitudes toward reporting domestic violence against women. (nih.gov)
- This study aims to explore the relationship between perceived neighborhood social disorder and attitudes toward reporting domestic violence against women. (nih.gov)
- Multivariate logistic regression analysis showed that perceived neighborhood social disorder is negatively associated with attitudes toward reporting domestic violence against women. (nih.gov)
- These results take into account the potential confounding effects of gender, age, socioeconomic status, perceived frequency of domestic violence against women, and size of city on reporting attitudes. (nih.gov)
- The survey found 69% of men reported they were physically assaulted, compared to 62% of women. (jems.com)
- Meanwhile, 92% of male EMS practitioners reported they were verbally assaulted, compared to 88% of women. (jems.com)
- Report co-author and founder of the Australian branch of CATW International, Professor Sheila Jeffreys, said Iceland banned strip clubs earlier this year in recognition of the harm they posed to women and the wider community, and the research report suggested Victoria needed to similarly re-think attitudes to the industry. (healthcanal.com)
- There are thousands and thousands of women and men who are reporting incidences of domestic violence across the city every year. (sfpublicpress.org)
- When I started my PhD in 1993, seeking to understand the context of this violence, and find a healing way forward, I was asked by an academic to find words that would explain what I saw as I sat with people who had experienced violence, as children and young people, as adult men and women and as elders. (humanrights.gov.au)
- Violence against women: an EU-wide survey. (europa.eu)
- This FRA survey is the first of its kind on violence against women across the 28 Member States of the European Union (EU). (europa.eu)
- Violence against women: an EU-wide survey - Survey methodology, sample and fieldwork. (europa.eu)
- 1 in 3 women will experience some form of gender violence in her lifetime. (northwestern.edu)
- The study highlights the need for all sectors to engage in eliminating tolerance for violence against women and better support for women who experience it. (who.int)
- 23 June 2013 - The first global report on the worldwide prevalence of violence against women and the serious impact of violence on women's health was released on 20 June 2013. (who.int)
- The report, developed by WHO, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the South African Medical Research Council, presents data on the prevalence of two forms of violence against women: violence by an intimate partner (intimate partner violence) and sexual violence by someone other than a partner (non-partner sexual violence). (who.int)
- Evidence clearly shows that women who have experienced intimate partner violence have higher rates of depression, HIV, injury and death, and are more likely to have low birth weight babies, than those who haven't. (who.int)
- Research on the health effects of non-partner sexual violence is more limited, however this form of violence also has profound implications for the physical, sexual, reproductive, emotional, mental and social well-being of women. (who.int)
- The report highlights the need for the health sector to take more serious steps to respond to violence against women, particularly at key entry points such as antenatal care, and for the training of health care providers to understand the relationship between violence and women's ill-health. (who.int)
- WHO also released clinical and policy guidelines on the health sector's response to violence against women, which highlight the need to integrate issues related to violence into clinical training and undergraduate curriculum for health care providers. (who.int)
- With more than one in three women globally reporting having experienced physical and/or sexual partner violence, or sexual violence by a non-partner, violence against women is a global public health problem. (who.int)
- It is also a violation of women's basic human rights requiring a stronger response from the health sector as the evidence is unequivocal that exposure to violence is an important determinant of poor health for women. (who.int)
- The Council of Australian Governments (COAG) recognises this through its endorsement of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children (National Plan). (abs.gov.au)
- The National Plan is a long term approach to reducing violence against women and their children in Australia. (abs.gov.au)
- These types of violence often occur early in the lifespan of victims, and for most subtypes, women and racial and ethnic minorities are most affected. (cdc.gov)
- Cross-sectional survey conducted in 1996 of 1218 women patients (72.8% response rate) in 12 emergency departments in California (a state with a mandatory reporting law) and Pennsylvania (without such a law). (eurekamag.com)
- Among nonabused women, 70.7% (n = 728) supported mandatory reporting and 29.3% opposed mandatory reporting. (eurekamag.com)
- A systematic review of 23 articles based on 11 surveys in 9 countries (N=74,785, about two-thirds of whom were women) found that 3.0% to 9.7% of women reported that they had at some time been strangled by an intimate partner. (wikipedia.org)
- A total of 0.4% to 2.4% - with 1.0% being typical - reported that they had experienced it in the past year, and women were between 2 times and 14 times more likely to be strangled by an intimate partner than were men. (wikipedia.org)
- A similar conclusion was reached in a 2014 multi-nation review: "…women are more likely than men to report that they were strangled by an intimate partner. (wikipedia.org)
- Women who had been abused by an intimate partner reported higher rates of strangulation. (wikipedia.org)
- Apart from crime surveys, there have been a small number of surveys, with representative samples, that have asked women about sexual violence. (wikipedia.org)
- In a survey of a representative sample of the general population over 15 years of age in the Czech Republic, 11.6% of women reported forced sexual contact in their lifetime, 3.4% reporting that this had occurred more than once. (wikipedia.org)
- Forced sexual initiation and coercion during adolescence have been reported in many studies of young women and men. (wikipedia.org)
- For example, nearly half of the sexually active adolescent women in a multi-country study in the Caribbean reported that their first sexual intercourse was forced, compared with one-third of the adolescent men. (wikipedia.org)
- In Lima, Peru, the percentage of young women reporting forced sexual initiation was almost four times that reported by the young men (40% against 11%, respectively). (wikipedia.org)
- Of the women who were 15 years old or younger when they had their first sexual experience, 22% reported that those initiations were forced. (wikipedia.org)
- In the 1992 US National Health and Social Life Survey of over 3,400 adults, more than 4% of women reported coerced sexual initiation. (wikipedia.org)
- Local aid agencies reported other incidents of looting. (cnn.com)
- Police in the USA committed widespread human rights violations against protesters, medics, journalists and legal observers during Black Lives Matter protests, said Amnesty International today, as it published a new report documenting 125 separate incidents of police violence. (amnesty.org.uk)
- The risk of experiencing workplace violence was lower for nurses who worked in facilities that had policies for reporting violence, facility responses to incidents, and hospital and emergency department administrations who were committed to eliminating workplace violence against emergency nurses. (ohsonline.com)
- Establishing a culture of acceptance for reporting violence incidents. (ohsonline.com)
- Several incidents were reported of members of dominant castes attacking Dalits for accessing public and social spaces or for perceived caste transgressions. (idsn.org)
- The National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) has published its 2019 National Report on EMS Violence. (jems.com)
Prevalence of violence4
- This study sought to ascertain the prevalence of violence reported by the immigrant population in the Murcian Region of Spain and characterize the related factors, taking the country population as reference. (ed.gov)
- Using a specific questionnaire, the prevalence of violence in the preceding year was assessed. (ed.gov)
- The prevalence of violence was 6.5% in Latin Americans, 12.0% in Moroccans, and 2.7% in Spaniards. (ed.gov)
- Among Moroccans, those who had perceived discrimination showed the greatest differences in prevalence of violence compared with natives. (ed.gov)
- Thus the factors that influence reporting behavior are important to identify in order to adequately inform policy directed at improving reporting rates. (google.com)
- You can see how violence has changed behavior in the way the gym teachers flinch, fearing a bullet, when they hear a car backfire on Schoenborn Street. (latimes.com)
- As is the case with the Love murder, media reports following the attacks often uncovered "concerning" behavior that had not been widely observed by those who knew or were associated with the attacker. (readthehook.com)
- Still, 91 percent of respondents who said they experience unwanted sexual behavior did not report the incident to any authority, and 63 percent of those who reported it said they contacted the Title IX office. (gwhatchet.com)
- Sixty percent reported experiencing the behavior during another academic year. (gwhatchet.com)
- Twelve percent of heterosexual students reported the behavior. (gwhatchet.com)
Survivors of domestic violence3
- This piece represents that too many survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and other forms of gender violence have survived their traumatic experiences yet are being punished and burned by the legal system. (northwestern.edu)
- Survivors of domestic violence don't always recognize reproductive coercion as part of the power and control their partner is exerting over them in their relationship," said National Domestic Violence Hotline Operations Manager Mikisha Hooper. (thehotline.org)
- The report, "Supporting Survivors: The Economic Benefits of Providing Civil Legal Aid to Survivors of Domestic Violence," also found that the availability of civil legal aid may be "even more effective than alternative interventions such as the provision of shelters and counseling services. (andjusticeforall.org)
- If you experience sexual violence, you can choose whether or not to report the incident. (macewan.ca)
- If you experience sexual violence on campus, at a university-related event or in a university-based virtual environment such as email or social media, or if the perpetrator is a MacEwan student, employee or volunteer, you can choose to report the incident to MacEwan Security Services or to MacEwan's Sexual Violence Response Coordinator. (macewan.ca)
- Gondrezick-Haskins has been charged with battery and domestic violence resulting in bodily harm, a felony charge, stemming from the incident that occurred on July 3 at The Cosmopolitan. (yahoo.com)
- Via the report, Gondrezick-Haskins allegedly punched Haskins in the face with police finding part of a tooth in the hotel room after the incident. (yahoo.com)
World Health Organ1
- The head of the World Health Organization, Dr. Margaret Chan, called it 'a global health problem of epidemic proportions,' and other experts said screening for domestic violence should be added to all levels of health care. (newsmax.com)
- But although the violence is the worst between members of the two faiths since the Bosnian war of 1992-1995, the root causes go far beyond religion, the group's report said. (reuters.com)
- The report provides information on the acts of violence against EMS practitioners and recommended actions that EMS agencies can take to protect and support their personnel," according to the group's announcement when releasing the survey. (jems.com)
- NISVS is an ongoing, nationally- detailed information describing the public health burden of intimate partner representative telephone sur vey violence (IPV ) in the United States, including an in-depth look at the scope that collects detailed information of IPV and its far-ranging consequences. (cdc.gov)
- While the SVRT cannot pursue criminal charges, they can enforce sanctions and consequences at the university level according to the MacEwan Sexual Violence Policy. (macewan.ca)
- The new report not only tells us the appalling number of domestic violence victims but provides in-depth details on the true consequences for victims and identifies the help they need," said Kim Gandy, President and CEO of NNEDV. (truth-out.org)
- Radio NZ reported the Privacy Commissioner said "What we have seen is an agency which has gone too quickly to implement policy without thinking through the implications - and perhaps the unintended consequences. (nzfvc.org.nz)
- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was injured in an altercation perpetrated by his wife, Kalabrya Gondrezick-Haskins, at a Las Vegas hotel earlier this month, according to multiple reports. (yahoo.com)
- Kalabrya Gondrezick-Haskins was booked on a felony charge of battery and domestic violence. (yahoo.com)
- ComVoices welcomed the Privacy Commissioner's report and endorsed the recommendations. (nzfvc.org.nz)
- While there is some relief that after the failure of MSD's private data portal, Minister Tolley has put the reporting of clients' private data on hold for a few months, NGOs are very frustrated with the Minister's response to the Privacy Commissioner's report on the collection of individual Client Data. (nzfvc.org.nz)
- This follows the Privacy Commissioner's recent report criticising the collection of individual client level data as "excessive and inconsistent with the privacy principles. (nzfvc.org.nz)
- The wife of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was arrested in Las Vegas and faces a domestic violence charge from an alleged assault earlier this month, according to multiple news reports. (yahoo.com)
- The Amnesty report includes a number of stories of victims culled from interviews. (cnn.com)
- Based on more than 50 interviews conducted over several weeks in June, the report is the most comprehensive human rights analysis of police violence during the protests to date - and builds on interactive mapping of US police violence published by Amnesty in June. (amnesty.org.uk)
- Entitled, "Do not remain silent", Amnesty International's new report unearthed aggravated acts of sexual violence against thousands of people across the country since hostilities began in December 2013. (sudantribune.com)
- 10 South Sudan human rights defenders, whose identities have been concealed, jointly worked with Amnesty International on the report. (sudantribune.com)
- Let those government thugs read this Amnesty report carefully, it,s a government that should be support. (sudantribune.com)
- More than 150 attacks have been reported in the first half of this year. (npr.org)
- On average, more than one EMS provider in the US is killed every year in an act of violence. (cambridge.org)
- The U-M study found that more than half of the men who reported violence toward a partner had at least one routine health visit over the last year and nearly one third noted at least one emergency room visit over the last year. (scienceblog.com)
- 19-year-old Amanda Fong Kim Yen posted security camera footage on YouTube as evidence for a domestic violence claim against her husband. (dailydot.com)
- Earlier this year, domestic violence broke into the consciousness of most San Franciscans in a very big way when Sherriff Ross Mirkarimi was brought up on charges of domestic violence himself. (sfpublicpress.org)
- Describe the experience of going through the department's domestic violence records before last year, when the department installed a new crime database? (sfpublicpress.org)
- Some 2 million American workers are victims of workplace violence each year. (workplaceviolence911.com)
- The Mexico Report is a two-year collection of data from surveys and MSF consultations, highlighting the plight of migrants and refugees from the NCTA in transit through Mexico. (msf.ie)
- Each year, violence perpetrated by intimate partners generates costs in excess of $9.05 billion, the report says, although other sources place the figure around $6 billion annually. (andjusticeforall.org)
- Sixteen and 17-year-olds are required to attend East River Academy, a District 79 program at Rikers, though the report does not point to the school by name. (chalkbeat.org)
- NY1 reported in June that three students graduated from the school with a high school diploma, and 81 passed the GED exam this year. (chalkbeat.org)
- Police Commissioner Peter Marshall said that the 'Ontario Domestic Assault Risk Assessment' (ODARA) would become a part of the police response to addressing family violence cases this year. (indiannewslink.co.nz)
- 0.9% reported that it had happened during the past year. (wikipedia.org)
- 2 Emergency Department nurses have been identified as having the most stressful workplace setting of all nurses 4 and are exposed to a disproportionate amount of violence. (lww.com)
- The Nepal chapter of the same report highlight the disproportionate affect on ´Dalits, and other caste-based and ethnic minorities´ in the aftermath of the earthquake. (idsn.org)
- Over 50% of respondents aged 16-19 reported personally knowing at least one young person who had been hospitalized by serious violence in the past five years. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Thirteen percent of the respondents said they had experienced sexual harassment, sexual violence, dating or domestic violence or stalking during their time at GW. (gwhatchet.com)
- VIDEO: UNICEF reports on children around the world learning to protect themselves from online threats. (unicef.org)
- A report released today from the UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre offers some answers. (unicef.org)
- A new report from UNICEF says that violence against children knows no boundaries. (wyso.org)
- We spoke to Claudia Cappa, the report author and UNICEF senior data specialist, about the just released report, A Familiar Face: Violence in the Lives of Children and Adolescents . (wyso.org)
- Aboriginal researchers with a history of conducting research and advocating for improved responses to family violence issues within Aboriginal communities. (humanrights.gov.au)
- It is intended to promote an understanding of the wide-ranging and multi-faceted issues that contribute to, or affect the responsiveness of government interventions relating to, family violence in order to improve policy responses to it. (humanrights.gov.au)
- The Commissioner's report is based on an inquiry initiated in January, including a survey of affected NGOs which received 548 responses. (nzfvc.org.nz)
- Cow vigilante crimes in India have been ignored or covered up by the authorities, according to a new report . (cnn.com)
- The Human Rights Watch report focused on 11 attacks in which "police initially stalled investigations, ignored procedures, or even played a complicit role in the killings and cover-up of crimes. (cnn.com)
- Given a lack of statistics, these crimes are almost "invisible," the report says. (cnn.com)
- Conversely, theft news made up only 3% of crime stories, but accounted for a dramatically larger percentage of reported crimes (36%) compared to homicide (Howitt, 1998). (dartcenter.org)
- The report analyses the state's lack of political will to address the issue, the Special Prosecutor's complete failure to prosecute such crimes and the parliament's inefficacy in legislating to monitor abuses and provide safeguards to journalists. (ifex.org)
- The CBSA report obtained by Global News found that support for "right-wing ideology" in Alberta is growing because of a struggling economy as well as the "continued influx" of refugees and an "actual or perceived increase in crimes committed by migrants. (globalnews.ca)
- The Family Justice Center brings together specialized services in one location where victims can report domestic violence-related crimes to police, get legal help with protective orders and stalking injunctions, speak to victim advocates, contact prosecuting attorneys to learn about the criminal process or discuss a pending criminal case, find shelter, housing and support groups, and obtain employment and job training. (andjusticeforall.org)
- In this webinar, presenters examined the scope and unique characteristics of relationship violence amongst runaway and homeless youth, and explored how to build community collaborations to best serve youth at the intersections. (vawnet.org)
- While our knowledge about sexual violence, stalking, and intimate partner violence victimization has improved over the years, we still lack information on state-level prevalence estimates and the characteristics of the violence (e.g., type of perpetrator) at the state level. (cdc.gov)
- Opposition to mandatory reporting to police and the characteristics associated with this belief. (eurekamag.com)
- It found sex workers who had been exposed to repressive policing like arrest or prison were three times more likely to experience sexual or physical violence by clients, partners and other people. (reuters.com)
- Some 2,610 people lost their lives due to violence during the period compared with 4,647 in 2015, according to research by the Islamabad-based think tank, the Centre for Research and Security Studies (CRSS). (dailymail.co.uk)
- Abkhazian sources report that up to 10 people were killed in clashes between Abkhazian militiamen and Georgian guerilla groups today. (rferl.org)
- To inform the recommendations in its Final Report, the Commission gathered evidence from a series of expert evidence sessions held on the Parliamentary Estate, alongside an analysis of a national survey completed by more than 2,200 young people across England, Scotland and Wales. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Effective community policing enables the police to gather the intelligence needed to effectively protect young people from serious violence. (warwick.ac.uk)
- This significant increase in costs reflects the recent increases in levels of serious violence between young people. (warwick.ac.uk)
- For far too long, we have been shining a spotlight on the violence committed by young people, while downplaying or overlooking the serious violence and mistreatment inflicted on these very same young people. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Factors that can protect young people against violence include good social skills, self-esteem, academic achievement, strong bonds with parents, positive peer groups, good attachment to school, community involvement and access to social support. (who.int)
- The experience accumulated by countries within and outside the Region shows that social policy and sustained and systematic approaches that address the underlying causes of violence can make European countries in the Region much safer for young people. (who.int)
- 3 July 2006 Initial checks on children in makeshift camps for displaced persons in Timor-Leste today indicated that 15 per cent need immediate treatment for malnutrition after violence ripped through the small South-East Asian nation, driving more than 155,000 people, 15 per cent of the total population, from their homes. (un.org)
- At least 37 people were killed in ensuing violence, attributed to differences between eastern and western regions. (un.org)
- The research shows that people who were simply exercising their human right to peacefully protest were met with such violence that they lost eyesight, survived brutal beatings, and suffered seizures and severe wounds. (amnesty.org.uk)
- And many states have 'stand your ground' laws that allow people to kill if they come under threat, even, in some cases, if they can escape the threat without violence. (chinadigitaltimes.net)
- We the People is taking information of any people who have had their rights violated, particularly through violence. (kubatana.net)
- We are talking about people who use illegal violence," she added. (channelnewsasia.com)
- She was especially upset that the original language said the "violence left up to 60 blacks dead" because it's unclear how many black people died. (blackagendareport.com)
- Observing that "health professionals are not on-the-sidelines people," Dr. Wintemute said their broader understanding of the roots of gun violence was critical to finding solutions that Americans could support, regardless of their ideology. (thecrimereport.org)
- We say violence has a familiar face because it can affect children and adolescents in familiar places, such as at home, in school, their surroundings and from people they know. (wyso.org)
- In terms of sexual violence, the most upsetting finding is that most of the sexual violence against girls is perpetrated by people they know. (wyso.org)
- This further relates to why violence against children and adolescents remains hidden: because they are often victimized by people who are familiar to them. (wyso.org)
- We know people who experience trauma during childhood are more likely to experience sexual violence. (utah.gov)
- Presenters explored the impact of mandatory reporting on domestic violence survivors, highlighting unique impacts for LGBTQ young people. (vawnet.org)
- Young people who participated in research a proposed information sharing computer system in the UK "reported their reluctance to share information of a sensitive nature and many may choose to forego vital services if their need for privacy in some areas is not respected. (nzfvc.org.nz)
- The New Zealand research Breaking the silence but keeping secrets: What young people want to address sexual violence by Point Research (2013) found that fear of loss of confidentiality was a major reason young people did disclose sexual violence to adults. (nzfvc.org.nz)
- For millions of people from the NTCA region, trauma, fear and horrific violence are dominant facets of daily life. (msf.ie)
- Half of the people entering Mexico (50.3 percent) left their country of origin for at least one reason related to violence. (msf.ie)
- 43.5 percent of people had a relative who died due to violence in the past two years. (msf.ie)
- SALT LAKE CITY - Free or low-cost legal services for people seeking protective orders would reduce incidence of domestic violence and lower associated societal costs, a new report states. (andjusticeforall.org)
- It is also 15 times the number of people killed in war or other forms of violence. (dw.com)
- People magazine reports that a group of A-listers will don orange pins from Everytown for Gun Safety, a nonprofit organization that advocates for gun control and works to reduce gun violence. (abc11.com)
- Everytown has not yet responded to a request for comment about the People report. (abc11.com)
- The 68-page report - The World is Watching: Mass Violations by US Police of Black Lives Matter Protesters' Rights - shows that law-enforcement officers repeatedly used physical force, chemical irritants such as tear gas and pepper spray, and kinetic impact projectiles as a first resort tactic against peaceful protesters rather than as a response to the threat of or actual violence. (amnesty.org.uk)
- Even at a suburban school like Northridge, which has a reputation as a safe campus, the threat of violence casts a shadow over every aspect of the school day. (latimes.com)
- violence associated with the ruthless Rapid Support Forces (RSF) and its campaign of "disarmament," also remains a threat throughout Darfur. (sudanreeves.org)
- The threat of or use of violence, force, intimidation, or other coercion negates any previous consent or subsequent assumptions of consent. (cia.edu)
- The report ends with the threat of a federal lawsuit if the city does not attempt to address issues like the lack of surveillance cameras in school facilities. (chalkbeat.org)
- An overview of reporting trends in crime news, comparison with actual crime rates and an analysis of how coverage affects public perception of criminal activity. (dartcenter.org)
- This fact sheet reviews reporting trends in crime news and what is known about the influence of this reporting/coverage on consumers. (dartcenter.org)
- The story was first reported by 8 News Now in Las Vegas. (yahoo.com)
- U.N. Women's Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka told a news conference Tuesday launching the report that's because of "the shocking pervasiveness of intimate partner violence. (wtrf.com)
- Editors' note: This report aired on KQED News on Sept. 26, 2012. (sfpublicpress.org)
- The investigation by KQED News Associate S.F. Public Press found the District Attorney's Office prosecutes fewer domestic violence cases per capita than any county in the Bay Area. (sfpublicpress.org)
- The Hong Kong stock market jumped to a one-week high on the news, which was also reported by media outlets TVB and Cable TV. (channelnewsasia.com)
- Human Rights Watch said many of the murders went unpunished in part due to delayed police investigations and "rhetoric" from ruling party politicians which may have incited mob violence. (cnn.com)
- From the level of the [Israeli] soldier on the ground all the way up through the military and the police and the government, a much higher priority is given to addressing Palestinian violence than violence against Palestinians. (npr.org)
- It is always your choice whether or not to report the crime you've experienced to the police. (macewan.ca)
- The police may be able to provide you with legal protection from the person responsible for the sexual violence and conduct an investigation for prosecution. (macewan.ca)
- You can file a report with the Edmonton Police Service or RCMP at any time. (macewan.ca)
- If you choose to report the assault, the police take your statement and investigate the matter. (macewan.ca)
- To that end, the report says 95 percent of all Afghan army units and 89 percent of Afghan police units are partnered with International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) troops, and 95 percent of al ISAF operations are partnered with the Afghans. (go.com)
- Completing this form does not constitute a police report. (linfield.edu)
- Completing the anonymous report form does NOT constitute a police report or a student conduct report. (linfield.edu)
- I'm badly wounded as well as I have lodged a police report to protect my interest in the matter. (dailydot.com)
- The report also found that police are unsure of the accuracy of at least eight years worth of investigative records. (sfpublicpress.org)
- In the worst day of violence since the protests movement began, police shot and wounded a teenager who attacked officers with a stick, and fired a record 1,400 rounds of tear gas to disperse crowds across the city. (channelnewsasia.com)
- About 20% are crisis intervention calls - a person has just been assaulted, and they need to report to police or go to a hospital. (phillytrib.com)
- The person who has experienced sexual violence is not obligated to talk to the police, but the police will be called to the emergency room. (cia.edu)
- Laws requiring mandatory reporting of domestic violence to police exist in 4 states. (eurekamag.com)
- The efficacy of mandatory reporting of domestic violence to police should be further assessed, and policymakers should consider options that include consent of patients before wider implementation. (eurekamag.com)
- New Zealand Police have launched a new tool, which is expected to become an important part in the management of family violence. (indiannewslink.co.nz)
- He said the incidence of family violence was high (occurring every six minutes) and hence the Police were keen to know if they were making the best decisions for each family. (indiannewslink.co.nz)
- The changes continue to enhance Police response to family violence. (indiannewslink.co.nz)
- On a related note, the New Zealand Police have developed a risk factor form for children in homes where violence occurs. (indiannewslink.co.nz)
- NIOSH conducted some of the earliest research on workplace violence, and its studies have been instrumental in raising public awareness of this problem. (cdc.gov)
- Most previous research has not distinguished between third party and victim reporting of sexual assault. (google.com)
- Unfortunately, extant research is based primarily on small convenience samples and an epidemiological assessment of the hunger-violence link is lacking. (mdpi.com)
- This report offers a review of the rich and varied discussions that took place during the course of the three-day conference that resulted in a Call for Action, including a global research agenda. (longwoods.com)
- Selected after intense research and discussions, ODARA is reported to be an internationally recognised, evidence-based risk assessment tool that has been through complex and rigorous testing. (indiannewslink.co.nz)
- And in some regions, including sub-Saharan Africa, they are 1.5 times more likely to become infected with the human immunodeficiency virus that causes AIDS, the report found. (foxnews.com)
- Gun purchasers with DUI convictions are more likely to be arrested for intimate partner violence, a study by Hannah Laqueur and coauthors of the University of California Davis has found. (eurekalert.org)
- But your reporting found that despite this, San Francisco is trailing the rest of the Bay Area when it comes to domestic violence prosecutions. (sfpublicpress.org)
- The report found that non-Hispanic black males age 10 to 19 years old in the United States are almost 19 times more likely to be murdered than non-Hispanic white boys of the same age [calculated at 30 per 100,000 compared to 1.6 per 100,000 from data from the National Center for Health Statistics at the Centers for Disease Control]. (wyso.org)
- The survey found that 25% of callers to the National Domestic Violence Hotline reported that they had experienced this form of domestic and dating violence. (thehotline.org)
- The Institute for Policy Integrity report found that victims are more likely to receive protective orders if they have legal representation. (andjusticeforall.org)
- The issue has become a tinder box for the historically fraught relationship between Hindus and Muslims in the country, which has seen numerous instances of communal violence. (cnn.com)
- Guwahati, Aug 1 (IANS) The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued notice to the Assam chief secretary asking for a detailed report on the recent communal violence in the state. (thaindian.com)
- In most countries there is absolutely no difference in the exposure to violence, regardless of socioeconomic factors, whether they are rich or poor. (wyso.org)
- 3 Within this context, nurses have been identified as the occupation at most risk of patient-related violence, with between 60 to 90% of nurses reporting exposure to violence, both verbal and physical. (lww.com)
- The objective of this epidemiological study was to identify the risks and factors associated with work-related physical violence against EMS personnel internationally. (cambridge.org)
- However, our study showed one out of every five men in the U.S. reported physical violence toward an intimate partner. (scienceblog.com)
- Since physical violence and hard drinking aren't part of their sport, they would have really come down hard. (readthehook.com)
- Emergency departments are the sources of injury for thousands of nurses, according to a new study by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) that finds more than half of emergency nurses report experiencing physical violence on the job, including being "spit on," "hit," "pushed or shoved," "scratched," and "kicked. (ohsonline.com)
Children and adolescents3
- Notification of family violence against children and adolescents as an exercise of power and resistance. (scielo.org.co)
- Silva PA, Lunardi VL, Lunardi GL, Algeri S, Souza T Reporting of violence against children and adolescents in a protective institution in southern Brazil. (scielo.org.co)
- This study aimed to analyze the reports of violence against children and adolescents in the period between January 2009 and May 2014 in a municipality protection institution of Rio Grande, RS. (scielo.org.co)
- A report released by these groups this week says settler attacks on Palestinians have increased by 150 percent in the past three years. (npr.org)
- Attacks by radical Islamist groups such as Boko Haram that exploit these secular issues and revenge killings by Christian and Muslim gangs have reinforced the religious aspect of the violence. (reuters.com)
- ARTICLE 19 and CENCOS state that governments at all levels and security services are also failing to ensure the safety of media workers, leading to a culture of impunity concerning attacks carried out to silence dissenting voices or unwanted reporting. (ifex.org)
- As attacks by criminal groups continue, the report highlights the culpability of those in political power and the grave levels of corruption. (ifex.org)
- These recent attacks are a reminder that children in Libya continue to pay first and most as violence continues in a number of areas in the western parts of the country. (africanews.com)
- The South Sudanese government must take deliberate measures to halt this epidemic of sexual violence, starting by sending a clear message of zero tolerance, immediately ordering an independent and effective investigation into the attacks that have taken place and ensuring that those responsible are held to account in fair trials," she added. (sudantribune.com)
- A newly released federal study on campus violence finds that most attackers are men, and that most attacks are against "intimate partners. (readthehook.com)
- The report includes several recommendations to reduce emergency department violence and address the barriers to reporting that violence when it does occur. (ohsonline.com)
- Psychological violence is more rarely assessed than physical and sexual IPV in quantitative studies, and its definitions vary considerably. (springermedizin.de)
- Lahiri is one of several survivors and supporters whose work is currently being exhibited in "Collective Voices, Shared Journeys," the second annual art show by Apna Ghar , a Chicago-based women's agency dedicated to advocating for immigrant survivors of gender violence. (northwestern.edu)
Victim of domestic violence2
- In a time like this, for a victim of domestic violence, it can feel especially isolating and terrifying when they're stuck in their home with someone," Ryan said. (phillytrib.com)
- It's extremely rare when a victim of domestic violence says that the only thing they need addressed in their household is just a protective order," Ralphs said. (andjusticeforall.org)
- LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Sex workers in countries where selling or buying sex is illegal are more likely to face violence, not use condoms and contract HIV, researchers said on Tuesday, calling for prostitution to be decriminalized. (reuters.com)
- Researchers used a broad definition of domestic violence, and in cases where country data was incomplete, estimates were used to fill in the gaps. (newsmax.com)
- The final report of the cross-party Youth Violence Commission (YVC) , supported by researchers from the University of Warwick and The Open University, is launched today (Monday 13 July) calling for specific action to tackle the rising social and financial costs of youth violence. (warwick.ac.uk)
- There are a variety of ways to report sexual misconduct and/or relationship violence. (linfield.edu)
- For information about Library scope and content, identification of reporting guidelines and inclusion/exclusion criteria please visit About the Library . (equator-network.org)
- There is no issue currently causing more destruction to the fabric of Indigenous communities than family violence. (humanrights.gov.au)
- In light of the significant attention being devoted to this issue in public debate and the need for a more far reaching response, I asked Professor Judy Atkinson and Caroline Atkinson to prepare an overview of the existing approaches of governments to addressing issues relating to family violence in Indigenous communities. (humanrights.gov.au)
- This chapter is based on the report on current approaches to family violence in Indigenous communities that they prepared for me in the second half of 2003. (humanrights.gov.au)
- This chapter provides a broad overview of the current situation regarding family violence in Indigenous communities in Australia from both a statistical and policy and program perspective. (humanrights.gov.au)
- It provides an Indigenous specific perspective on family violence. (humanrights.gov.au)
- Alternative models for addressing family violence in Indigenous communities are also considered. (humanrights.gov.au)
- This chapter is intended to build on the significant goodwill and commitment of governments to addressing family violence in Indigenous communities. (humanrights.gov.au)