Health Status Indicators
Delivery of Health Care
Health Status Disparities
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
Health Services Accessibility
Behaviors expressed by individuals to protect, maintain or promote their health status. For example, proper diet, and appropriate exercise are activities perceived to influence health status. Life style is closely associated with health behavior and factors influencing life style are socioeconomic, educational, and cultural.
Health Care Surveys
Primary Health Care
Quality of Health Care
Health Services Needs and Demand
Quality of Life
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
National Health Programs
Health Care Rationing
Public Health Practice
Delivery of Health Care, Integrated
A health care system which combines physicians, hospitals, and other medical services with a health plan to provide the complete spectrum of medical care for its customers. In a fully integrated system, the three key elements - physicians, hospital, and health plan membership - are in balance in terms of matching medical resources with the needs of purchasers and patients. (Coddington et al., Integrated Health Care: Reorganizing the Physician, Hospital and Health Plan Relationship, 1994, p7)
Community Health Services
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Activities of Daily Living
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
World Health Organization
Community Health Planning
Health Care Sector
Attitude of Health Personnel
Rural Health Services
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Interviews as Topic
Health Services for the Aged
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Community Health Centers
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Sickness Impact Profile
A quality-of-life scale developed in the United States in 1972 as a measure of health status or dysfunction generated by a disease. It is a behaviorally based questionnaire for patients and addresses activities such as sleep and rest, mobility, recreation, home management, emotional behavior, social interaction, and the like. It measures the patient's perceived health status and is sensitive enough to detect changes or differences in health status occurring over time or between groups. (From Medical Care, vol.xix, no.8, August 1981, p.787-805)
Health Benefit Plans, Employee
Public Health Nursing
A nursing specialty concerned with promoting and protecting the health of populations, using knowledge from nursing, social, and public health sciences to develop local, regional, state, and national health policy and research. It is population-focused and community-oriented, aimed at health promotion and disease prevention through educational, diagnostic, and preventive programs.
Dental Health Surveys
Severity of Illness Index
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
A prolonged seizure or seizures repeated frequently enough to prevent recovery between episodes occurring over a period of 20-30 minutes. The most common subtype is generalized tonic-clonic status epilepticus, a potentially fatal condition associated with neuronal injury and respiratory and metabolic dysfunction. Nonconvulsive forms include petit mal status and complex partial status, which may manifest as behavioral disturbances. Simple partial status epilepticus consists of persistent motor, sensory, or autonomic seizures that do not impair cognition (see also EPILEPSIA PARTIALIS CONTINUA). Subclinical status epilepticus generally refers to seizures occurring in an unresponsive or comatose individual in the absence of overt signs of seizure activity. (From N Engl J Med 1998 Apr 2;338(14):970-6; Neurologia 1997 Dec;12 Suppl 6:25-30)
State Health Plans
Outcome and Process Assessment (Health Care)
Occupational Health Services
Health Maintenance Organizations
Organized systems for providing comprehensive prepaid health care that have five basic attributes: (1) provide care in a defined geographic area; (2) provide or ensure delivery of an agreed-upon set of basic and supplemental health maintenance and treatment services; (3) provide care to a voluntarily enrolled group of persons; (4) require their enrollees to use the services of designated providers; and (5) receive reimbursement through a predetermined, fixed, periodic prepayment made by the enrollee without regard to the degree of services provided. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Electronic Health Records
Media that facilitate transportability of pertinent information concerning patient's illness across varied providers and geographic locations. Some versions include direct linkages to online consumer health information that is relevant to the health conditions and treatments related to a specific patient.
Health Services, Indigenous
Women's Health Services
Urban Health Services
Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
Public Health Informatics
The presence of co-existing or additional diseases with reference to an initial diagnosis or with reference to the index condition that is the subject of study. Comorbidity may affect the ability of affected individuals to function and also their survival; it may be used as a prognostic indicator for length of hospital stay, cost factors, and outcome or survival.
Quality Indicators, Health Care
Health Planning Guidelines
Cost of Illness
The personal cost of acute or chronic disease. The cost to the patient may be an economic, social, or psychological cost or personal loss to self, family, or immediate community. The cost of illness may be reflected in absenteeism, productivity, response to treatment, peace of mind, or QUALITY OF LIFE. It differs from HEALTH CARE COSTS, meaning the societal cost of providing services related to the delivery of health care, rather than personal impact on individuals.
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Reproductive Health Services
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Adolescent Health Services
National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
Health Services Administration
Demographic and epidemiologic changes that have occurred in the last five decades in many developing countries and that are characterized by major growth in the number and proportion of middle-aged and elderly persons and in the frequency of the diseases that occur in these age groups. The health transition is the result of efforts to improve maternal and child health via primary care and outreach services and such efforts have been responsible for a decrease in the birth rate; reduced maternal mortality; improved preventive services; reduced infant mortality, and the increased life expectancy that defines the transition. (From Ann Intern Med 1992 Mar 15;116(6):499-504)
Comprehensive Health Care
Health Plan Implementation
Health insurance coverage for all persons in a state or country, rather than for some subset of the population. It may extend to the unemployed as well as to the employed; to aliens as well as to citizens; for pre-existing conditions as well as for current illnesses; for mental as well as for physical conditions.
Emigrants and Immigrants
European Continental Ancestry Group
School Health Services
Health Care Coalitions
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Continental Population Groups
Health Records, Personal
Emigration and Immigration
A province of Canada lying between the provinces of Manitoba and Quebec. Its capital is Toronto. It takes its name from Lake Ontario which is said to represent the Iroquois oniatariio, beautiful lake. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p892 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p391)
Managed Care Programs
Health insurance plans intended to reduce unnecessary health care costs through a variety of mechanisms, including: economic incentives for physicians and patients to select less costly forms of care; programs for reviewing the medical necessity of specific services; increased beneficiary cost sharing; controls on inpatient admissions and lengths of stay; the establishment of cost-sharing incentives for outpatient surgery; selective contracting with health care providers; and the intensive management of high-cost health care cases. The programs may be provided in a variety of settings, such as HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS and PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS.
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
China Center of Adoption Affairs
... marital status certificate; certificates of profession, property and income; health examination certificate; home study report ... Archived October 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine "Hague Conference on Private International Law, Status Table: Convention of ... which includes photographs and the child's health records. If the prospective adopters have additional questions after ... adopters must clearly indicate that they are willing to allow post-placement follow-ups and to provide post-placement reports ...
COVID-19 pandemic in Georgia (U.S. state)
"Georgia Department of Public Health COVID-19 Daily Status Report". Georgia Department of Public Health. Archived from the ... "COVID-19 Status Report". Georgia Department of Public Health. Retrieved July 15, 2020. Coronavirus information from Georgia ... On March 6, public health officials reported a presumptive positive case involving a 46-year-old woman in Floyd County that ... On March 10, the Department of Public Health reported five additional cases, bringing the state total to 22. The majority of ...
WHO technical report series;1006. License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO. Ebell, Mark H (12 July 2017). "WHO downgrades status of ... World Health Organization (2017). The selection and use of essential medicines: report of the WHO Expert Committee, 2017 ( ... It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines but was downgraded to "complementary" status in 2017. A ... As of December 15, 2010[update], the World Health Organization (WHO) reported 314 samples of the prevalent 2009 pandemic H1N1 ...
2002a). The health hazards of depleted uranium munitions: Part II (Report). London: The Royal Society. --- (2002b). "The health ... An Experiment at D0 to Study anti-Proton - Proton Collisions at 2-TeV: Design Report. "The ZEUS detector: Status Report 1993 ... IOM Research Report TM/05/08 Opinion on the environmental and health risks posed by depleted uranium by the Scientific ... D. E. McClain; A. C. Miller; J. F. Kalinich (June 2005). Status of Health Concerns about Military Use of Depleted Uranium and ...
2004 Global Status Report: Alcohol Policy. World Health Organisation. Retrieved 27 March 2018. "Russia bans alcohol ads in ... Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (2009). Results from the 2008 National Survey on Drug Use and Health ... Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (2010). Results from the 2009 National Survey on Drug Use and Health ... An Assessment of Exposure by Race and Socioeconomic Status". American Journal of Public Health. 101 (10): 1936-1941. doi: ...
1 - Rosetta in Good Health". Status Reports. European Space Agency. 4 March 2004. Retrieved 7 October 2016. Baldwin, Emily (3 ... On 22 January 2015, NASA reported that, between June and August 2014, the rate at which water vapour was released by the comet ... On 2 June 2015, NASA reported that the Alice spectrograph on Rosetta determined that electrons within 1 km (0.6 mi) above the ... March 2014). "GIADA: its status after the Rosetta cruise phase and on-ground activity in support of the encounter with comet ...
A Status Report. Third Edition. W. ISBN 978-0-393-30686-6. Fugh-Berman, Adriane (1992-01-20). "Tales Out of Medical School". ... Sherwin, Susan; Network, Feminist Health Care Ethics Research (1998). The Politics of Women's Health: Exploring Agency and ... One view is that the level of achievable health is tied to power differences caused by gender, race, and class. It is argued ... In 1988, a research on the effects of aspirin in decreasing the risk of heart disease was conducted by Physician Health Study, ...
Foreign relations of the State of Palestine
World Health Organization The PLO currently holds observer status at the World Health Organization (WHO), but applied for full ... World Health Organization (19 May 2000). "Fourth report of Committee B (Draft)" (PDF). Fifty-Third World Health Assembly. ... The new status of the PLO was recognised by all Arab League states except Jordan (Jordan recognised that status of the PLO at a ... Status as an observer state in the UN will allow the State of Palestine to join treaties and specialised UN agencies, such as ...
1993). "Design of a cancer atlas". National Center for Health Statistics Contract Report. Powsner, SM; Tufte, Edward R (August ... 1994). "Graphical Summary of Patient Status". Lancet. 344 (8919): 386-9. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(94)91406-0. PMID 7914312. S2CID ... Report (PDF), 1, Columbia Accident Investigation Board, August 2003, p. 15, archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-24, ... November 1975). "Electronic Calculators and Data Analysis: A Consumer's Report on the SR-51, HP-21, HP-55, and HP-65". American ...
Roads in India
"Global Status Report on Road Safety" (PDF). World Health Organization. 2009. K. Dash, Dipak (15 July 2018). "Potholes: Potholes ... The report notes that not all accidents in India and China are reported and recorded. In the three years ... The report also identified the competitive challenges faced by India. Some findings of this report include: The average road ... The KPMG report also notes that logistics and transportation bottlenecks in India's road network hinder its GDP growth by one ...
International rankings of Thailand
The World Health Organization's (WHO) Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018 reported Thailand as having the world's sixth ... Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018. World Health Organization (WHO). 2018. ISBN 9789241565684. Retrieved 2018-12-11. CS1 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Global status report on road safety 2018. Geneva: UN World Health Organization. 2018. ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Global status report on road safety 2015. Geneva: World Health Organization. 2015. ISBN ...
Transport in Thailand
Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018. World Health Organization (WHO). 2018. ISBN 9789241565684. Retrieved 11 December 2018 ... According to the World Health Organization's, Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018, Thailand had an estimated traffic ... In 2018, the WHO reported that motorcycle helmet use was 51 percent by operators and 20 percent by passengers. In 2015 the ... The Safe Public Transport Travel Project of the Foundation for Consumers, reports that passenger vans in 2018 were involved in ...
Recreational drug use
"WHO Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic, 2008" (PDF). "Global Status Report on Alcohol 2004" (PDF). "National Drug Strategy ... "Department of Health , 3.1 Reasons why people use drugs". www1.health.gov.au. Retrieved 30 May 2020. Roger J Sullivan; Edward H ... The reasons for drug use appear to have as much to do with needs for friendship, pleasure and status as they do with ... However, studies which focus on a moderate level of alcohol consumption have concluded that there can be substantial health ...
... conveying a sense of a good health care sector. As reported from the Vision of Britain census report in 1881, it is clear from ... According to other figures from Neighborhood statistics, within Great Livermere marital and civil partnership status ... have very good health, 28.3% have good health, 19.9% have fair health, 4.4% bad health, leaving only 1.8% with very bad health ... This demonstrates the majority of the population have very good health in comparison to a small fraction with very bad health, ...
World Health Organization (1995). Control of Foodborne Trematode Infection. WHO Technical Report Series. 849. PDF part 1, PDF ... Status and issues". International Journal for Parasitology. 35 (11-12): 1233-54. doi:10.1016/j.ijpara.2005.07.013. PMID ...
Alcohol and cancer
Global Status Report on Alcohol 2004 (PDF). Geneva: World Health Organization. 2004. pp. 11-12. ISBN 978-92-4-156272-0. ... Researchers who conducted a study in Iowa reported that "In this population-based case-control investigation, we report further ... UK Department of Health Review of Alcohol: Association with Endometrial Cancer p8 Newcomb PA, Trentham-Dietz A, Storer BE (1997 ... One study reported "No consistent association emerged between milk, meat, liver, alcohol and coffee consumption and risk of ...
Road traffic safety
Global status report on road safety 2013: Supporting a Decade of Action (PDF) (report). Geneva, Switzerland: World Health ... "Global status report on road safety 2015". World Health Organization. Retrieved 27 March 2018. "The Geography of Car Deaths in ... World Health Organization (2013). "Global status report on road safety 2013". Retrieved 15 March 2013. Department for Transport ... "Pedestrian Safety, Urban Space and Health: Summary Report" (PDF) (research report). Paris, France: International Transport ...
"Air Quality Annual Status Report for 2017" (PDF). Newham. p. 32. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 April 2019. "Nitrogen ... A local board was formed in 1856 under the Public Health Act 1848 and subsequently the parish was incorporated as a municipal ... Reports state she (or her retinue) encountered problems crossing the river to get to Barking Abbey. The western Stratford then ... In a 2018 report, Leytonstone Road in Stratford recorded the highest percentage of Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) in roadside air of ...
"Socioeconomic status and breastfeeding initiation among California mothers". Public Health Reports. 121 (1): 51-9. doi:10.1177/ ... Ethnicity, age, education, employment, marital status, and location are reported factors of delayed breastfeeding and infant ... Public health awareness events such as World Breastfeeding Week, as well as training of health professionals and planning, aim ... Infant and young child nutrition: global strategy for infant and young child feeding: report by the Secretariat (Report). World ...
Normal weight obesity
Physical status: the use and interpretation of anthropometry. Report of a WHO Expert Committee. World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser ... In 2008, the first prevalence of US adults above 20 years was published, based on the National Health and Nutrition Examination ... leading to some of the same health risks as obesity. The term "metabolically obese normal weight" (MONW) refers to people with ...
NASA (2008). "STS-122 Mission Control Status Report 19". NASA. Retrieved 16 February 2008. Live STS-122 coverage. NASA TV. 20 ... Warren E. Leary (10 February 2008). "Astronaut's Health Problem Delays Spacewalk Mission". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 ... NASA (2008). "STS-122 Mission Control Center Status Report #11". NASA. Retrieved 13 February 2008. William Harwood for CBS News ... NASA (2008). "STS-122 MCC Status Report #01". NASA. Retrieved 8 February 2008. William Harwood for CBS News (2008). "Astronauts ...
Universal Primary Education
Journal of School Health. 76 (1): 18-24. doi:10.1111/j.1746-1561.2006.00062.x. PMID 16457681. New Ulm Sr. High School Report ... 2005  Moonie, Sheniz A.; Sterling, David A.; Figgs, Larry; Castro, Mario (January 2006). "Asthma Status and Severity ... Lys Anzia Right to Education Project (PDF)UN Millennium Project  CRIN and health HIV UNESCO World Bank FAO Gain Health ... Not only does education improve individual and familial health, but it also improves the health of a community. In countries ...
"Global status report on alcohol and health" (PDF). World Health Organization. 2011. Christopher P. Holstege; et al., eds. (2010 ... The World Health Organization has noted that out of social problems created by the harmful use of alcohol, "crime and violence ... Alcohol use has been reported as a factor by two-thirds of domestic abuse victims. Moderate drinkers are more frequently ... Driving Under the Influence: A Report to Congress on Alcohol Limits. U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway ...
Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020
WHO,Global status report on road safety, 2009. Commission for Global Road Safety Make Roads Safe report: A Decade of Action for ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020". World Health ... According to the Global status report on road safety, road traffic crashes take the lives of nearly 1.3 million people every ... "First Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety". World Health Organization. Retrieved 8 August 2018. ...
"Report Links Health Insurance Status With Cancer Care". December 20, 2007. Archived from the original on February 21, 2011. ... O'Neill, June E.; O'Neill, Dave M. (September 2007). "Health status, health care and inequality: Canada vs. the U.S." NBER ... Regarding her status as a political rookie, McCaughey said, "Many New Yorkers see that as a plus." McCaughey said that she ... Other reports claimed that she resigned after negative reactions to her performance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart one day ...
Epidemiology of motor vehicle collisions
"Global status report on road safety 2015" (PDF). World Health Organization. Retrieved 15 July 2016. "U.S. vehicle deaths topped ... 5 May 2013). "Intermediate report on the development of railway safety in the European Union 2013" (PDF). era.europa.eu (report ... World Health Organization. 2014. Retrieved 15 July 2016. World Health Organization. "Number of road traffic deaths". Retrieved ... The safest of those 28 nations was Sweden (22 deaths/million inhabitants) while Romania reported the highest fatality rates of ...
Demographics of Ottawa
"2006 City of Ottawa Health Status Report" (PDF). Ottawa Public Health. 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-01-18. ...
"2006 City of Ottawa Health Status Report" (PDF). Ottawa Public Health. 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 January ... "Rapport au / Report to". Ottawa.ca. 2011. Archived from the original on 18 January 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2011. "Table 36- ... "The Gréber Report". ottawa.ca. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. "Planners Over Time". National Capital Commission ... "Daily Data Report for May 2010". Environment Canada. 22 September 2015. Archived from the original on 6 August 2016. Retrieved ...
Taxation in Lithuania
"Global status report on alcohol and health 2014. APPENDIX I Alcohol consumption" (PDF). World Health Organization. Retrieved 20 ... "Compulsory health insurance contributions". National Health Insurance Fund under the Ministry of Health. Retrieved January 30, ... Most taxes in Lithuania are administered by the State Tax Inspectorate, except social security and health insurance taxes which ... The increases have been driven by budgetary and public health considerations (alcohol consumption in Lithuania is among the ...
2016 Irkutsk mass methanol poisoning
"Appendix I" (PDF). Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health, 2014. World Health Organization. 2014. pp. 289-298. Retrieved 14 ... According to early reports on 19 December, a total of 57 people were hospitalized, with 49 dying. The victims were described as ... Subsequent reports increased the number affected: first to 55 deaths (with a total of 94 affected), then 62 (with 107 affected ... The final death toll was 74, lowered from earlier reports after it was discovered that some of the deaths were the result of ...
"The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System.. *^ de Jong T, Bannink N, Bredero-Boelhouwer HH, van Veelen ML, ... Case report". Pediatric Neurosurgery. 25 (1): 31-4, discussion 35. doi:10.1159/000121093. PMID 9055332.. ... altered mental status, papilledema and headache. ... which has been reported in 90% of the syndromic ... other members of the family have been reported that were also born with the same condition. This finding is highly ...
Type 2 diabetes
World Health Organization. "Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications: Report of a ... Pasquier F (October 2010). "Diabetes and cognitive impairment: how to evaluate the cognitive status?". Diabetes & Metabolism. ... Definition and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and intermediate hyperglycemia: Report of a WHO/IDF consultation (PDF). Geneva: ... "Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 91 (9): 671-682D. doi:10.2471/BLT.12.113415. PMC 3790213. PMID 24101783.. ...
... occupational health and safety standards, complaint procedures, rules governing status of employees including promotions, just ... Research Reports 2020:1, Appendix 3 (in English) Table A *^ Anders Kjellberg (2011) "The Decline in Swedish Union Density since ... It reports news and analysis about union activity or problems facing the labour movement. Another source of union news is the ... This lack of status can range from non-recognition of a union to political or criminal prosecution of union activists and ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
... submit such report to the President not later than 60 days after the date of the approval. Any report submitted to the ... including status in the Individual Ready Reserve and potentially subject to the Uniformed Code of Military Justice or ... Public Health Service, or the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration. Regardless, graduates are required to maintain their ... "Crime Awareness and Campus Security: Campus Crime Report". USMMA. Retrieved July 3, 2013.. [permanent dead link] ...
Elsevier Health Sciences. p. 163. ISBN 9780702050312. . Archived from the original on 2017-10-12.. .mw-parser-output cite. ... Approximately 3.7 male hand injuries, per 1000, per year, and 1.3 female hand injuries, per 1000, per year, have been reported ... In the mildest of cases, full rehabilitation status can be achieved within 3 to 4 months. ... Hand and wrist injuries are reported to account for fifteen to twenty percent of emergency room injuries, and metacarpal ...
IOM Report 2005, p. 19. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k "Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What's In a Name?". NCCIH ... "Chapter 2: Overview of CAM in the United States: Recent History, Current Status, And Prospects for the Future". Final Report ... National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), National Institutes of Health (NIH), US Dept. of Health and ... "National Health Statistics Reports (12): 1-23. PMID 19361005.. CS1 maint: ref=harv (link). ...
A report by the United States Agency for International Development noted that while some Maʻdān had chosen to return to their ... A raba was a higher-status dwelling, distinguished by a north-facing entrance, which also served as a guesthouse where there ... health care or education facilities. In addition, it is still uncertain if the marshes will completely recover, given ... Villages in the marshes were attacked and burnt down and there were reports of the water being deliberately poisoned. ...
a b Report of Commission of Inquiry into Conspiracy to Murder Mahatma Gandhi, By India (Republic). Commission of Inquiry into ... Mookerjee opposed the Indian National Congress's decision to grant Kashmir a special status with its own flag and Prime ... the social evils of untouchability and casteism while launching social welfare programmes in the areas of education and health ... The report sent from Andrew Fraser, the then Lt Governor of Bengal to Lord Minto in England declared that although Sri ...
2000 United States Census
The Census reported that same-sex male couples numbered 336,001 and female same-sex couples numbered 329,522. Extrapolating ... "Unbinding the Ties: Edit Effects of Marital Status on Same Gender Couples". Census.gov. January 7, 2009. Retrieved April 25, ... The poor of any age were more likely than others to lack health insurance coverage; ... 2001 U.S Census Report Contains 2000 Census results. Other 2000 census websitesEdit. *MLA Language Map from the Modern Language ...
Morimoto K, Fahnestock M, Racine RJ (2004). "Kindling and status epilepticus models of epilepsy: Rewiring the brain". Prog ... 2001). Immunobiology 5: The Immune System in Health and Disease. New York: Garland Pub., ISBN 0-8153-3642-X ... people suffering from temporal lobe epilepsy report symptoms of negative effects such as anxiety and depression that might ... such as health problems, disability, and failure to meet major responsibilities at work, school, or home. Depending on the ...
List of political parties in China
"Bizarre China Report: The Grand Wedding, Power Play & Smog-Inspired Creativity". Forbes. Archived from the original on 2018-01- ... Political status of Taiwan *Republic of China on Taiwan *Taiwan Area. *"Taiwan Province", PRC ... Education, Science, Culture and Public Health. *Foreign Affairs. *Overseas Chinese Affairs. *Environment Protection and ...
On 14 May 2018, the World Health Organization reported that "the Democratic Republic of Congo reported 39 suspected, probable ... Despite its status as a Level‑4 organism and its apparent pathogenicity in monkeys, when the handlers did not become ill, the ... Ebola virus disease (Report). World Health Organization. Retrieved 6 June 2019.. *^ a b "CDC urges all US residents to avoid ... "Ebola Situation Report" (PDF). World Health Organization (WHO). 8 April 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 April 2015 ...
The participants then were asked to rate their performances; the participants given tests with a positive intent reported ...
In terms of self-reported health outcomes, having insurance was associated with an increased probability of reporting one's ... and some measures of health status/outcomes; and economic benefits for states and providers." ... Center for Health Care Strategies, CHCS Extensive library of tools, briefs, and reports developed to help state agencies, ... Oregon Medicaid health experiment and controversy. Main article: Oregon Medicaid health experiment ...
CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link). *^ Camphausen, Rufus C. "Charnel- and Cremation Grounds". Retrieved 10 ... According to art therapist and mental health counselor Susanne F. Fincher, we owe the re-introduction of mandalas into modern ... Another two fairly large mandala shaped geoglyph at Nongren and Keinou are also reported from Manipur valley, India, in 2019. ...
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Public Health and Science, Office on Women's Health. July 2009. ... of people report an improvement, with more than 50% reporting complete remission. About 20% of people require a second ... Simonart T (December 2013). "Immunotherapy for acne vulgaris: current status and future directions". American Journal of ... PubMed Health. Cologne: Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care. July 2016. Archived from the original on 6 ...
World Health Organization. April 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.. ... "Reports of Bowel Obstruction and Perforation with RITUXAN (rituximab)" (PDF). Roche Canada. 2006-11-10. Archived (PDF) from the ... Drugs with non-standard legal status. *Chemicals that do not have a ChemSpider ID assigned ... Rituximab has been reported as a possible cofactor in a chronic Hepatitis E infection in a person with lymphoma. Hepatitis E ...
Health in Nepal
"Infectious Diseases and Malnutrition Status in Nepal: an Overview" "annual health report" (PDF). dohs.gov.np. Retrieved 11 ... "Annual Report 2013/2014" (PDF). Ministry of Health and Population of Nepal, Department of Health Services. January 2015. ... The demand for health services is further lowered by the lack of health education. Reproductive health care is neglected, ... Rural health facilities often lack adequate funding. In 2003, Nepal had ten health centers, 83 hospitals, 700 health posts, and ...
Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
"Annual Report, 2014". World Marrow Donor Association.. *^ Canellos, George (1997). "Lymphoma Update: 1997". The Oncologist. 2 ( ... Prognosis in HSCT varies widely dependent upon disease type, stage, stem cell source, HLA-matched status (for allogeneic HSCT) ... The risks of a complication depend on patient characteristics, health care providers and the apheresis procedure, and the ... Since McAllister's 1997 report on a patient with multiple sclerosis (MS) who received a bone marrow transplant for CML, ...
Abortion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WHO Health Organization. Medical Methods for termination of pregnancy. WHO Technical Report Series 871, 1997 ... The sex of the child might influence the status of the mother; often, mothers who bear boys have a higher social status than ... "World Health Organization. June 2000. Retrieved 2007-12-24.. *↑ Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2004) [2000 ... 64% of those reported were by vacuum aspiration, 6% by D&E, and 30% were medical. Later abortions are more common in China ...
World Health Organization. April 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.. ... "Reports of Bowel Obstruction and Perforation with RITUXAN (rituximab)" (PDF). Roche Canada. 2006-11-10. Archived (PDF) from the ... Rituximab has been reported as a possible cofactor in a chronic Hepatitis E infection in a person with lymphoma. Hepatitis E ... Rituximab was approved for medical use in 1997. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the ...
"The 2008 National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Workshop Report on Electronic Fetal Monitoring". Obstetrics ... Category I (Normal): Tracings with all these findings present are strongly predictive of normal fetal acid-base status at the ... In the US, the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development sponsored a workshop to develop ... SOGC Fetal health Surveillance: antepartum and intrapartum Consensus Guideline Archived November 29, 2010, at the Wayback ...
"Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health. 2 (1): 23. doi:10.1186/1745-0179-2-23. PMC 1584230 . PMID 16968542.. ... "Monitoring FDA MedWatch Reports: Signals for Dabigatran and Metoclopramide" (PDF). QuarterWatch. Institute for Safe Medication ... It is also used to treat myxedema coma, which is a severe form of hypothyroidism characterized by mental status changes and ... World Health Organization. April 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.. ...
"Gender: Integrated report of findings." FLOSSPOLS, Deliverable D 16 (2006). *^ Ashcraft, Catherine, Brad McLain, and Elizabeth ... The use of this software began in Kaduna, Nigeria to serve the purpose of public health. OpenMRS manages features such as ... It is sometimes difficult to know that a project exists, and its current status. Especially for open-source projects without ... The second-most layer are contributors who respond to pull requests and bug reports. The third-most layer out are contributors ...
Various health authorities, including Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), consider kōji-kin (A. ... "DNA Research: An International Journal for Rapid Publication of Reports on Genes and Genomes. 15 (4): 173-183. doi:10.1093/ ... However, nigorizake can receive the seishu status by being strained clear and having the lees put back in afterward. ... The Japanese Sake Association encourages people to drink chaser water for their health, and the water is called Yawaragi-mizu.[ ...
Genetically modified tomato
"Plant Cell Reports. 12: 644-647. doi:10.1007/bf00232816.. CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) ... Foolad, M. R. (2007). "Current Status Of Breeding Tomatoes For Salt And Drought Tolerance". Advances in Molecular Breeding ... The fruits contained around half the amount of lycopene, reducing the health benefits of eating them. ... Goyal, R.; Ramachandran, R.; Goyal, P.; Sharma, V. (2007). "Edible vaccines: Current status and future". Indian Journal of ...
Women's education in the United States
Eron, Carol (1979). "Women in Medicine and Health Care". In O'Neill, Lois Decker. The Women's Book of World Records and ... Second, the disclosure act in 1994 stated that all institutions under Title IX were to report publicly on their operations, ... Historians accept Moravian as the oldest-though not continuously operational because of its current co-ed status-specifically ... "homemaking to the status of a respectable--though definitely female--occupation." Social work, child development, and ...
An effort to reconcile the status of this group of bacteria has been underway for several decades. Although some progress has ... If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool. ... are a serious health hazard but these only, as far as I understand, refer to blue-green algae (Cyanobacteria ) not for instance ...
Fair Sentencing Act
Bill Summary & Status - 111th Congress (2009-2010) - S.1789 - CRS Summary, thomas.loc.gov, accessed October 10, 2010. ... In addition, the bill requires the Comptroller General to report to Congress with an analysis of the effectiveness of drug ... public health data has found that two-thirds of crack users are white or Hispanic. Third, the Act does not reduce sentences for ... The CBO also estimates that the Act's requirement for the Government Accountability Office to conduct a report on the ...
Pravni status. EA-3167 je potentan i dugotrajan antiholinergijski delirijantni lek. On je srodan sa hemijskim bojnim agensom 3- ... Possible Long-Term Health Effects of Short-Term Exposure to Chemical Agents, Volume 1 (1982). Commission on Life Sciences. The ... Annual Reports in Computational Chemistry 4: 217-241. doi:10.1016/S1574-1400(08)00012-1. ...
Current Trends Smoking and Health: A National Status Report
Smoking and Health: A National Status Report provides significant new information on smoking and health at the national, state ... Smoking and health. A national status report. Rockville, Maryland: Public Health Service, 1986; DHHS publication no. (CDC)87- ... Current Trends Smoking and Health: A National Status Report When the Comprehensive Smoking Education Act, Public Law 98-474, ... National Center for Health Statistics. Health promotion and disease prevention provisional data from the National Health ...
Self-reporting of periodontal health status | British Dental Journal
Conclusions Self-reporting of periodontal health was not successful as many people who had some indications of the periodontal ... Results Only four items were weakly predictive of the periodontal status indicators (sensitivity and specificity , 0.5). These ... Objective The objective was to develop a self-reporting questionnaire for use as an epidemiological measure of periodontal ... status. Design Oral survey. Subjects and methods 100 (out of 102 who were approached) non-referred patients attending Dundee ...
Adults Who Report Fair or Poor Health Status by Gender | KFF
Métis Nation releases first report on Métis health status
CNW/ - The Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) released the first report of its kind that outlines the health status of Métis ... The report, called Health Status of the Métis Population of Alberta, was made possible as a result of an Information Sharing ... The Health Status of the Métis Population of Alberta report can be found at www.albertametis.com ... The reports findings give us unique insight into the health status of Métis Albertans that we didnt have before. Through an ...
Health Status Reports | Maricopa County, AZ
The Health Status Report is a series of tables detailing statistics on important health indicators in Maricopa County including ... View the Most Recent Health Status Report (PDF) , View All the Health Status Reports. Health Status Five Year Trends Reports. ... Health Status Reports The Health Status Report (HSR) is a series of tables detailing statistics on important health indicators ... View the Most Recent Health Status Five Year Trends Report (PDF) , View All the Health Status Five Year Trends Reports. Cities ...
Federal report details health, economic status of older Americans | National Institutes of Health (NIH)
... health status, health risks and behaviors, and health care. This years report also includes a special feature on the end of ... Federal report details health, economic status of older Americans. Todays older Americans enjoy longer lives and better ... The following individuals are available to comment on the report:. National Center for Health Statistics: Edward Sondik, Ph.D ... Department of Health and Human Services), Social Security Administration and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services ...
Virginia Department of Health Student Immunization Status Report
Please have the principal of each school that enrolls kindergarten and 6th grade students complete the status report on or ... The Department of Health has made modifications to the system for more efficient reporting. The password for public schools ... The report form can be completed online by going to the Virginia Department of Healths website at: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov ... Sandra Sommer, Division of Immunization, at (804) 864-8076 or [email protected], or Tia Campbell, school health ...
WHO/Europe | European status report on alcohol and health 2014. Monitoring and surveillance
European health report. Our flagship report maps health trends, charts progress towards achieving health goals and provides an ... In 2013, WHO/Europe published the "Status Report on Alcohol and Health in 35 European Countries 2013". Part two in this report ... European status report on alcohol and health 2014. Monitoring and surveillance ... Health topics Disease prevention Alcohol use Policy 10 action areas of the European action plan to reduce the harmful use of ...
WHO/Europe | Status report on alcohol and health in 35 European countries 2013
European health report. Our flagship report maps health trends, charts progress towards achieving health goals and provides an ... Health topics Disease prevention Alcohol use Publications Status report on alcohol and health in 35 European countries 2013 ... Status report on alcohol and health in 35 European countries 2013. Download ... and countries policy responses to contribute to the Global Information System for Alcohol and Health; this report presented a ...
IRS to Accept Tax Returns Lacking Health Care Status; Employer Reporting Unchanged
... employers still must distribute 1095 forms to employees and report employee health coverage to the IRS, as deadlines loom. ... IRS to Accept Tax Returns Lacking Health Care Status; Employer Reporting Unchanged Employers still must distribute 1095 forms ... IRS to Accept Tax Returns Lacking Health Care Status; Employer Reporting Unchanged ... SHRM Health Care Reform Resource Page Was this article useful? SHRM offers thousands of tools, templates and other exclusive ...
Childhood cancer survivors living longer but do not report improvement in health status | EurekAlert! Science News
... the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study that looks at how patients diagnosed with cancer over three decades perceive their health ... mental health, pain and anxiety. Treatment scores and adverse health status were reported as findings for 1970-79, 1980-89 and ... the researchers reported there was no parallel improvement in patient-reported health status among survivors. "Overall, we ... Childhood cancer survivors living longer but do not report improvement in health status. St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital ...
A Report Card on Provider Report Cards: Current Status of the Health Care Transparency Movement | SpringerLink
BACKGROUND Public reporting of provider performance can assist consumers in their choice of providers and stimulate providers ... A Report Card on Provider Report Cards: Current Status of the Health Care Transparency Movement. ... More reports included measures derived from claims data (mean, 7.2 hospital reports and 3.3 physician reports per area) than ... Department of Health and Human Services, Health Information Technology For the Future of Health and Care. Regulations and ...
Report Finds Gains in Teenagers' Education, Health Status - Inside School Research - Education Week
Report Finds Gains in Teenagers Education, Health Status. By Christina Samuels on June 21, 2016 12:05 AM ... Those areas are grouped into four major themes: economic well-being, education, health, and family and community. ... especially policies and programs that increase family economic success and health care coverage and access, are paying off in ...
Health Status Report - Southern Nevada Health District
The Clark County Health Status Report is a series of volumes covering the Southern Nevada Health Districts reports to the ... This report examines indicators related to health status, health care access, health behaviors and outcomes. ... Reporting health status helps us understand and interpret the health of our population, and is at the heart of the Southern ... The Clark County Health Status Report Volume II, PDF (8 MB/241 pages) published in June 2007, is an overview of health risk ...
U.S. Adds "Socioeconomic Status" Section To Yearly Health Report - Judicial Watch
U.S. Adds "Socioeconomic Status" Section To Yearly Health Report. U.S. Adds "Socioeconomic Status" Section To Yearly Health ... Judicial Watch • U.S. Adds "Socioeconomic Status" Section To Yearly Health Report ... proudly announced its dedicating a portion to socioeconomic status and health. The reports bright purple cover promotes the ... "health equity cant wait"). This month, the agency that publishes the nations annual health report, the Centers for Disease ...
Plugin causing Site Health Status Critical Issue report | WordPress.org
This thread is closed.] Hello, I have been running the new Site Health Status check on my websites. On some of them I have been ... Support » Plugin: WPFront Scroll Top » Plugin causing Site Health Status Critical Issue report ... The topic Plugin causing Site Health Status Critical Issue report is closed to new replies. ... I have been running the new Site Health Status check on my websites. ...
The Status of Health Equity Report Launch Registration, Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 8:00 AM | Eventbrite
The Root Cause Coalition presents The Status of Health Equity Report Launch - Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at National Press ... The Coalitions 2020 Status of Health Equity Report captures the progress - as well as gaps - in addressing health disparities ... The Status of Health Equity Report Launch at National Press Club - Holeman Lounge 529 14th Street Northwest, Washington, DC ... The Status of Health Equity Report Launch. by The Root Cause Coalition ...
Cassava launches Sasai health status report - NewsDay Zimbabwe
"The Sasai Health Status Report will, at the point of testing, capture a persons COVID-19 health status which they can ... "The Health Status Report has an extra security layer that ensures all personal and medical information is in a secure ... The use of the technology in the design of the health status report will be seen as a crucial firewall embedded in the platform ... Cassava Fintech International (CFI), a subsidiary of the Econet Group, has launched the Sasai Health Status Report (SHSR), a ...
European status report on alcohol and health 2010
World Health Organization. Regional Office for Europe. (2010). European status report on alcohol and health 2010. Copenhagen ... The report presents the latest data from Europe in the areas of alcohol consumption, harm and responses. Data is presented in ... World Health Organization. Regional Office for the Western Pacific (Manila : WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific, 2018 ... The disease burden attributable to harmful use of alcohol is significant and in many countries public health problems caused by ...
Report on health-care waste management (HCWM) status in Countries of the South-East Asia Region
Department of Health | Australia's notifiable diseases status, 1999: Annual report of the National Notifiable Diseases...
November 2001 contains the 1999 annual report of National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. This annual report is ... Australias notifiable diseases status, 1999: Annual report of the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. This ... The third annual report of vaccination coverage estimates for children aged 12 months and the second annual report for children ... In 1999 there were 2 cases of tetanus (one male and one female). Both cases were aged at least 60 years with one reported from ...
Data & Reports - Health Status
SOURCE: Data & Reports - Health Status ( ) Page printed: . Unofficial document if printed. Please refer to SOURCE for latest ... Priority health equity indicators for BC: Selected indicators report: January 2016. *Priority health equity indicators for ... Priority health equity indicators: Selected mortalities and chronic disease morbidities report (coming 2018). ... Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) improves the health of British Columbians by seeking province-wide solutions to ...
Periodic Reporting for period 1 - SIA (System for vehicle-infrastructure Interaction Assets health status monitoring) | Report...
Periodic Reporting for period 1 - SIA (System for vehicle-infrastructure Interaction Assets health status monitoring). ... The algorithms that will link the physical magnitudes obtained from sensors with the health status of components (in terms of ... In order to leverage good predictions about the future health status of the different assets, physical modelling is under ... In this context, SIA (System for vehicle-infrastructure Interaction Assets health status monitoring) has the objective of ...
Medicare Advantage: relationship between benefit package designs and plans average beneficiary health status : report to...
... relationship between benefit package designs and plans average beneficiary health status : report to congressional ... Report to Congressional Committees: Defense Infrastructure Since 1988, DOD has relied on the BRAC process as an important means ... Report to Congressional Committees: Defense Infrastructure Since 1988, DOD has relied on the BRAC process as an important means ... Report to Congressional Committees: Capital Purchase Program Created in 2008, CPP was the primary initiative under TARP to help ...
NRC: ML050120119 - Health & Human Services, Dept. of Letter dated 10/18/2004, re: Final Status Survey Weekly Report for FB8.
Adults with Greater Weight Satisfaction Report More Positive Health Behaviors and Have Better Health Status Regardless of BMI
... weight control and health risks associated with obesity. ... Report More Positive Health Behaviors and Have Better Health ... Main Outcome Variables. Weight satisfaction, weight-related health behaviors, chronic health conditions, and clinical health ... health behaviors, and health outcomes in populations at higher risk of obesity and related health conditions. ... Table 5: Relationships between body weight satisfaction by overweight status and health indicators and history of chronic ...
Department of Health | Australia's notifiable diseases status, 2007: Annual report of the National Notifiable Diseases...
World Health Organization. Cumulative number of confirmed human cases of avian influenza A/(H5N1) reported to the World Health ... NSW Department of Health. Communicable diseases report. NSW Public Health Bulletin 2002;14(3):63-67. ... NSW Department of Health. Communicable Diseases Report. NSW Public Health Bulletin 2007;18(7-8). ... World Health Organization. Global Polio Eradication Initiative annual report. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2007. ...
Interstitial lung abnormalities and self-reported health and functional status | Thorax
Self-Reported Adolescent Health Status of Extremely Low Birth Weight Children Born 1992-1995 | American Academy of Pediatrics
Self-reported health status and health-related quality of life of teenagers who were born before 29 weeks gestational age. ... Disparities in adolescent health and health care: does socioeconomic status matter? Health Serv Res. 2003;38(5):1235-1252pmid: ... 44 Current health may also influence the reporting of health status.45 We had a greater loss to follow-up of males and children ... Self-Reported Adolescent Health Status of Extremely Low Birth Weight Children Born 1992-1995. Maureen Hack, Mark Schluchter, ...
APRIL - MAY 2018 FACILITY TRACER MEDICINES STOCK STATUS REPORT | Ministry of Health
APRIL - MAY 2018 FACILITY TRACER MEDICINES STOCK STATUS REPORT. This bi-monthly report on the facility stock status of the 41 ... provides information about the stock situation of health facilities in the country in order to inform the Ministry of Health ... and all stakeholders to make appropriate logistics decisions that ensure an effective health commodities supply chain. ...
2018Outcomes2020World Health OrganIndicatorsPoorer healthBehaviorsAustralia'sDeterminantsNational Notifiable Diseases Surveillance SystemFindings2016Person'sPrevalence of healthChronic2000Public healthDataSurveillanceCONCLUSIONSCentersPopulationsPredictorsSocio-economDiseasesForecast2002Environ Health PerspectCare utilizationAdultsSelf-perceived healthOrganizationChildren's1999Marital statusAustralian InstituInequalities in healthContentObjectiveMortalityWomen's healthYear's reportSymptomsImmunizationCoronavirusBiennial reportOutlinesFrameworkPopulationDepartmentSocioeconomicMethods2019-2026Ministry of HeaDifferencesHealthcareExaminesCommunities
- The IRS announced in October 2017 that, for the upcoming 2018 tax filing season, it will not accept electronically filed income tax returns if taxpayers don't address the Affordable Care Act's health coverage requirements by indicating whether they had coverage, had an exemption or will make a shared responsibility payment. (shrm.org)
- Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2018 [cited 2020 Apr. (aihw.gov.au)
- A summary of the 2018 Work Program status is set out in Enclosure I. Highlights of significant initiatives are below. (londontransit.ca)
- The Sambhavna Trust Clinic in Bhopal, on Saturday 1st December 2018 released an important and explosive report on the status of health and healthcare of the gas affected people in comparison to the unexposed population. (bhopal.net)
- Health in Rural Missouri: (Biennial Report 2018-2019) looks at demographic characteristics and other factors, as it has in prior reports. (nosorh.org)
- The 2018-2019 report focuses on five of the most important SDOH impacting rural health: economic stability, neighborhoods and built environment, health and healthcare, social and community context, and education. (nosorh.org)
- While health systems that include medical groups lost almost $300 million statewide in FY 2018, the medical groups served as a referral source for other hospital services and that $300 million loss was offset by a statewide health system gain of $532 million from hospitals and other hospital-related subsidiaries such as imaging centers, labs, and outpatient surgery centers. (ct.gov)
- In addition, the researchers pointed out that worse later health outcomes could at least partially be explained by the fact that survivors are living longer. (eurekalert.org)
- Clinicians and survivors should, therefore, work together to help to improve health status outcomes by using appropriate interventions and modifying high-risk behaviors. (eurekalert.org)
- It's evident that recent state and local investments that support children and families, especially policies and programs that increase family economic success and health care coverage and access, are paying off in improved outcomes for many Minnesota children," said Bharti Wahi, executive director of Children's Defense Fund-Minnesota, in a statement. (edweek.org)
- This report examines indicators related to health status, health care access, health behaviors and outcomes. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- To gain a better understanding of complex relationships between weight satisfaction, weight-related health behaviors, and health outcomes. (hindawi.com)
- Greater satisfaction with one's weight was associated with positive health behaviors and health outcomes in both men and women and across weight status groups. (hindawi.com)
- Body mass index ((BMI) = weight(kg)/height(m) 2 ), a proxy for adiposity, is related to a variety of health outcomes ranging from cause-specific and all-cause mortality, [ 2 - 4 ] to the incidence of numerous chronic diseases, including cancers of various sites [ 2 - 8 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Among individuals who are overweight or obese the combination of positive perceptions of weight status and negative intentions toward behavior change may preclude changes in behavior that lead to healthier weight and better weight-related health outcomes. (hindawi.com)
- however, there are few data on the association between weight satisfaction and health outcomes, particularly in populations including those of normal weight [ 1 , 16 ]. (hindawi.com)
- A better understanding of relationships between weight satisfaction or dissatisfaction and weight-related health behaviors and health outcomes could provide important insights into these complex relationships. (hindawi.com)
- These preliminary results suggest that negative and positive affect may both contribute uniquely to health status outcomes in CAD patients, but findings are limited and inconclusive about their independent value. (springer.com)
- We took a causal difference-in-differences approach using inverse probability weighting and doubly robust estimators to study how changes in medical home status over a 2-year period affected children's health care outcomes. (rand.org)
- This complexity is mirrored by widely varying patterns of health outcomes and health services. (worldbank.org)
- Nonetheless, poverty -- one of the determinants of both health outcomes and health service use -- is widespread and inequalities -- that is, large urban-rural disparities and regional equalities -- loom large, translating into disparities in health outcomes and access to health services. (worldbank.org)
- The report has six chapters focusing on health outcomes, household behavior and community factors affecting health, health system and policy, the role of the private sector in health care provision, health care financing, and extra resources needed to achieve the health-related Millennium Development Goals. (worldbank.org)
- The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework report provides the latest information on how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australia are faring according to a range of 68 performance measures across 3 tiers: health status and outcomes, determinants of health, and health system performance. (aihw.gov.au)
- How different are COPD-specific patient reported outcomes, health status, dyspnoea and respiratory symptoms? (bmj.com)
- There is not a lot of data or evidence about the actual impact on health outcomes although there is some data that suggests that reductions in government health spending trigger increases in child mortality. (sciencespeaksblog.org)
- Ongoing donor commitments to development assistance for health, according to the presenters, will require evidence that aid is making real contributions to improved health outcomes and the ability to assure donors of transparency, accountability and impact evaluation. (sciencespeaksblog.org)
- Health topics Disease prevention Alcohol use Policy 10 action areas of the European action plan to reduce the harmful use of alcohol 2012-2020 Monitoring and surveillance European status report on alcohol and health 2014. (who.int)
- Part 2 of the report is also available in an updated version covering all 53 Member States of the European Region where a chapter is available for each of the 10 action areas of the European action plan to reduce the harmful use of alcohol 2012 - 2020. (who.int)
- The Root Cause Coalition , a member-driven, non-profit organization dedicated to addressing health equity through cross-sector collaboration, would like to invite you to join us for the formal release of the Coalition's 2020 Status of Health Equity Report on February 26th from 8-10:30am at the National Press Club's Holeman Lounge located at 529 14th St. NW, Washington DC, 20045. (eventbrite.com)
- The Coalition's 2020 Status of Health Equity Report captures the progress - as well as gaps - in addressing health disparities and socioeconomic factors influencing individual and community health and well-being, and builds a compelling case on how, collectively, we must thoughtfully and intentionally disrupt the current delivery model to focus on socioeconomic factors that contribute to health equity. (eventbrite.com)
- The Ministry of Health Confirms nineteen(19) new Covid-19 cases, from 2170samples tested on 29th June 2020.All. (health.go.ug)
- Report For: 03/16/2020. (americustimesrecorder.com)
- These data represent confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the Georgia Department of Public Health as of 12:00pm 03/16/2020. (americustimesrecorder.com)
- COVID-19 took precedence over the 2020 Health & Safety Work Program items and collectively, management, ATU Local 741 and JHSCs continue to work together to ensure employees' safety, while responding to COVID-19 issues remains a priority. (londontransit.ca)
- While responding to COVID-19 was given precedence, a number of other programs from the 2020 Health and Safety Work Program were undertaken and or completed and are discussed in summary in the next section of this report. (londontransit.ca)
- The 2020 Health and Safety Work Program status is set out in Enclosure I. (londontransit.ca)
- Report For: 03/18/2020. (americustimesrecorder.com)
- These data represent confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the Georgia Department of Public Health as of 12:00pm 03/18/2020. (americustimesrecorder.com)
- In this study, the years considered to estimate the market size of Virtual Health Assistants are as follows: History Year: 2015-2019 Base Year: 2019 Estimated Year: 2020 Forecast Year 2020 to 2026 For the data information by region, company, type and application, 2019 is considered as the base year. (marketstudyreport.com)
- Global Virtual Health Assistants Market Size Growth Rate by Type (US$ Million): 2020 VS 2026 Table 5. (marketstudyreport.com)
- Global Virtual Health Assistants Revenue by Players (2019-2020) (Million US$) Table 16. (marketstudyreport.com)
- Global Virtual Health Assistants Market Share by Players (2019-2020) Table 17. (marketstudyreport.com)
- North America Key Players Virtual Health Assistants Revenue (2019-2020) (Million US$) Table 28. (marketstudyreport.com)
- North America Key Players Virtual Health Assistants Market Share (2019-2020) Table 29. (marketstudyreport.com)
- This measure can be used to identify health disparities, track population trends, plan public health programs, and measure progress toward several Healthy People 2020 goals. (utah.gov)
- Mental health is one of the 12 Healthy People 2020 Leading Health Indicators. (utah.gov)
World Health Organ5
- World Health Organization. (who.int)
- Geneva: World Health Organization. (drugsandalcohol.ie)
- It represents a continuing effort by the World Health Organization (WHO) to support Member States in collecting information in order to assist them in their efforts to reduce the harmful use of alcohol, and its health and social consequences. (drugsandalcohol.ie)
- The issue of older men's ageing and health has been spearheaded on the international stage by the World Health Organization (WHO). (thefreelibrary.com)
- Cancer incidence by type has been included as a core indicator in the World Health Organization (WHO) Global Monitoring Framework for the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases. (scielosp.org)
- The Health Status Report (HSR) is a series of tables detailing statistics on important health indicators in Maricopa County including communicable diseases, births, causes of deaths, and causes of hospitalizations. (maricopa.gov)
- The report, Older Americans 2012: Key Indicators of Well-Being, tracks trends at regular intervals to see how older people are faring as the U.S. population grows older. (nih.gov)
- Older Americans 2012, the sixth report prepared by the Forum since 2000, provides an updated and accessible compendium of indicators, drawn from official statistics about the well-being of Americans primarily age 65 and older. (nih.gov)
- Thirty-seven key indicators are categorized into five broad areas - population, economics, health status, health risks and behaviors, and health care. (nih.gov)
- This report assembles data to construct broad indicators of well-being for the older population and to monitor changes in these indicators over time. (nih.gov)
- Information pertaining to 263 public reports in 21 geographic areas was collected through reviews of websites and telephone and in-person interviews, and used to construct indicators of public reporting status. (springer.com)
- This report presents a broad statistical summary of key features of the health status of our population and of health determinants, and monitors changes in these health indicators over time. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- The Additional Data Tables, PDF (1.4 MB/86 pages) also published in December 2007, provide tabulated annual prevalence estimates of health indicators for the state of Nevada, Washoe County, and other participating counties in Nevada combined (excluding Clark and Washoe) between 2000 and 2006. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Using a large cohort in which data on many health-related variables were collected, we sought to examine relationships between weight satisfaction and a number of weight-related health behaviors, particularly dieting and the tendency to eat past satiety, chronic health conditions, and clinical health indicators among normal weight, overweight, and obese men and women. (hindawi.com)
- South Africa's populace is characterised by large differences in health, with vast inequalities between members of different groups that can be identified by using a number of tested health indicators, with self-assessed health (SAH) status amongst them. (scielo.org.za)
- One of Utah's 42 Community Health Indicators. (utah.gov)
- The report provides evidence of the indicators driving health inequities in each of the 53 Member States of the Region as well as the solutions to reducing these inequities. (org.in)
- 3 Despite higher rates of chronic conditions, 8-year-old ELBW children rated their health similar to controls, whereas their parents reported poorer health for their children compared with parents of controls. (aappublications.org)
- The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) report shows the prevalence of health behaviors, medical conditions and preventive health care practices among adults by age, gender, race/ethnicity, education, household income and region. (maricopa.gov)
- High-risk behaviors like smoking, heavy drinking, lack of exercise or poor diet were associated with adverse health status in the survey. (eurekalert.org)
- The Clark County Health Status Report Volume II, PDF (8 MB/241 pages) published in June 2007, is an overview of health risk behaviors associated with noncommunicable diseases and conditions that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among county residents. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- The Clark County Health Status Report 2007 Supplement, Volume II , PDF (9 MB/175 pages) published January 2009, presents the most recent data available from the national and statewide Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance (YRBS), provides observations on the prevalence, patterns and trends of selected measures of youth health risks and behaviors in Clark County, and monitors changes in the selected measures over time. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Weight satisfaction has been shown to be associated with self-reported healthy lifestyle behaviors and with less intention to change future physical activity, diet, or body weight, even among overweight and obese adults [ 1 ]. (hindawi.com)
- We designed and conducted the 1-month SNAPSHOT study that investigated how daily behaviors and social networks influence self-reported stress, mood, and other health or well-being-related factors. (jmir.org)
- We constructed features and applied machine learning to the multimodal data to identify factors associated with self-reported poststudy stress and mental health, including behaviors that can be possibly modified by the individual to improve these measures. (jmir.org)
- Reporting disparity data alone will not change behaviors," said Vivian Lasley-Bibbs, branch manager of the DPH Office of Health Equity. (kyforward.com)
- The self-reported oral health status and behaviors of adults who are deaf and blind. (arctichealth.org)
- This qualitative study explored perceived oral health, felt need, oral health knowledge and behaviors, and utilization of dental services among a community of deaf and blind adults in Toronto, Canada. (arctichealth.org)
- The Australia's notifiable diseases status, 2007 report provides data and an analysis of communicable disease incidence in Australia during 2007. (health.gov.au)
- The annual National Plant Biosecurity Status Report has become a must-have reference volume for those seeking to understand Australia's plant biosecurity system and its performance. (planthealthaustralia.com.au)
- Included in the report is a bold Call to Action for all leaders - from government and across all sectors - to redefine how we improve our nation's health care delivery model through prioritizing the social determinants of health. (eventbrite.com)
- Both from a physiological and from a psychosocial perspective, the determinants of health as individual's age are intrinsically related to gender (Kalache & Kickbusch, 1997). (thefreelibrary.com)
- Actors at all levels of the health system- including senior leaders, medical health officers, epidemiologists, managers and front-line staff-are well-positioned to use PHSR processes as a call to action for interventions that address the social determinants of health and improve health equity. (nccph.ca)
- Similarly, there is no "prescription" for how to integrate health equity into reporting practices, and use these reports to drive action on the social determinants of health. (nccdh.ca)
- But this year the entire report was done through the lens of social determinants of health (SDOH), according to Kathryn Metzger, Programs Manager at the Missouri State Office of Rural Health (MO SORH), which issued the report. (nosorh.org)
National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System1
- This article published in Communicable Diseases Intelligence Volume 25, No 4, November 2001 contains the 1999 annual report of National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. (health.gov.au)
- The report's findings give us unique insight into the health status of Métis Albertans that we didn't have before. (newswire.ca)
- Treatment scores and adverse health status were reported as findings for 1970-79, 1980-89 and 1990-99. (eurekalert.org)
- While the findings indicate a lack of reported improvement in health status for survivors, the investigators did highlight potential limitations of the study. (eurekalert.org)
- However, these findings are based mainly on studies using clinic or health plan populations. (nih.gov)
- The study findings are supported by clinical data from the Children's Health Fund, which provides mobile clinics that travel to underserved areas in the Gulf Coast to provide care for families and children. (sciencecodex.com)
- Conclusions: the findings of this study suggest that self-reported ethnic discrimination combined with low socio-economic status contributes to inequalities in self-reported health when Sami and Norwegian majority population are compared. (bibsys.no)
- Our findings suggest that among men, part of the association between social class positions and poor health can be accounted for psychosocial and physical working conditions and job insecurity. (nih.gov)
- On Feb. 15, 2017, the IRS announced on its ACA Information Center for Tax Professionals webpage that it would not reject taxpayers' 2016 income tax returns that are missing health coverage information. (shrm.org)
- The IRS reserves the right to follow up with a taxpayer, at a future date, regarding his or her compliance with the individual mandate, if the person's tax return doesn't provide information about his or her health insurance coverage during 2016. (shrm.org)
- The global Electronic Health Records (EHR) market is valued at XX million USD in 2016 and is expected to reach XX million USD by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2016 and 2022. (researchmoz.us)
- The Sasai Health Status Report will, at the point of testing, capture a person's COVID-19 health status which they can confidentially share, at the user's discretion, with those who need to know - such as one's family members and their employers - in a manner that respects personal data privacy and using secure blockchain technology," Mandivenga said. (co.zw)
- Generally, the average White person's health, however measured, is considerably better than that of Black African persons with the health of Indian and Coloured persons somewhere between the two. (scielo.org.za)
- Both organisations require a report of the person's health status before considering assistance. (philpapers.org)
- General physical health status is the culmination of all the things that affect a person's health. (utah.gov)
Prevalence of health2
- Although these results should be viewed as hypothesis generating, and the population studied was limited to households with a ground-fed water supply, proximity of natural gas wells may be associated with the prevalence of health symptoms including dermal and respiratory conditions in residents living near natural gas extraction activities. (nih.gov)
- Measures the prevalence of health conditions, including disease or injury, human function, life expectancy and wellbeing, and deaths. (aihw.gov.au)
- Reports of the Surgeon General and others have consistently noted a strong dose-response effect between smoking initiation at an early age and mortality from all the major smoking-related diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, and chronic obstructive lung disease. (cdc.gov)
- The report used 2009 data to analyze topics such as Métis use of health services, mental health, chronic disease, injury and mortality. (newswire.ca)
- Typically, reports on physician performance contained measures of chronic illness treatment constructed at the medical group level, with diabetes measures the most common (mean number per non-health plan report, 2.3). (springer.com)
- Population health status reports are an essential tool in Canadian public health practice - they have been especially useful for realigning public health priorities and supporting action on injury and chronic disease prevention. (nccdh.ca)
- Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (U.S.). Office on Smoking and Health and United States. (nih.gov)
- A person may have had poor health because of an injury, an acute infection such as a cold or flu, or a chronic health problem. (utah.gov)
- Mental health and mental disorders can be influenced by numerous conditions including biologic and genetic vulnerabilities, acute or chronic physical dysfunction, and environmental conditions and stresses. (utah.gov)
- The Clark County Health Status Report Volume I, PDF (1.16 MB/83 pages) published in January 2007, is an overview of socio-economic context and population health, as well as communicable disease reports between 2000 and 2004. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- The 2000 annual report was published in Communicable Diseases Intelligence Vol 26 No 2, June 2002. (health.gov.au)
- We used the Barcelona Health Interview Survey, a cross-sectional survey of 10,000 residents of the city's non-institutionalised population in 2000. (nih.gov)
- The grant was used to develop a public health surveillance program to better understand the health status of Métis Albertans. (newswire.ca)
- The MNA also received funding from the Public Health Agency of Canada to support the surveillance efforts. (newswire.ca)
- The health information gathered on Métis Albertans was interpreted by epidemiologists at the University of Alberta , School of Public Health. (newswire.ca)
- I'd like to know if the November "Public Health Imperative" conference in Denver will spend time on aging health-and wellness issues. (ourbodiesourselves.org)
- CFI chief executive officer Darlington Mandivenga said he believed the health status report will help individuals and communities get back control of their lives and kickstart productivity, as people get tested and are able to safely get back to work, while still observing the recommended public health and safety protocols. (co.zw)
- The disease burden attributable to harmful use of alcohol is significant and in many countries public health problems caused by it represent a substantial health, social and economic burden. (who.int)
- J Public Health Med. (nih.gov)
- Now at the five-year mark, substantial consequences from this prolonged displacement have resulted in widespread mental health issues in children living in the region, according to a new study by the National Center for Disaster Preparedness (NCDP) at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health and a related white paper from the Children's Health Fund (CHF). (sciencecodex.com)
- According to the Gulf Coast Child & Family Health Study, funded by the Children's Health Fund and published in the current issue of American Medical Association's Journal of Disaster Management and Public Health Preparedness , the widespread mental health problems still experience by Gulf Coast children serve as a barometer for the failed recovery of their families and their communities. (sciencecodex.com)
- This study points to a major crisis facing the children of the post-Katrina Gulf Region," says Irwin Redlener, M.D., director of the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia's Mailman School of Public Health and president of the Children's Health Fund. (sciencecodex.com)
- Previous studies have demonstrated a significant increase in the prevalence of anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress disorder following Hurricane Katrina, as well as a rise in violence and suicide," said Italo Subbarao D.O., MBA, deputy editor of AMA's Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness journal. (sciencecodex.com)
- Ralph Morris, MD, MPH, is a Physician and Preventive Medicine and Public Health official living in Bemidji, MN. (waterandhealth.org)
- Little is known about the environmental and public health impact of unconventional natural gas extraction activities, including hydraulic fracturing, that occur near residential areas. (nih.gov)
- BMC Public Health, 8:10, doi:10.1186/1471-2458-8-10. (oregonstate.edu)
- Address correspondence to P.M. Rabinowitz, University of Washington School of Public Health, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, 1959 NE Pacific St., F551 Health Sciences Center, Box 357234, Seattle, WA 98195 USA. (nih.gov)
- I consent to receiving information on the work of the National Collaborating Centres for Public Health (NCCPH). (nccph.ca)
- The Department of Public Health (DPH), within the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) joins Governor Bevin, public health professionals and advocates in heightening awareness of health issues affecting minority populations in Kentucky. (kyforward.com)
- The event will feature Tom Wolff, a renowned expert, who will discuss successes and challenges of community engagement when educating about public health. (kyforward.com)
- Am J Public Health. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- The current report draws on MOPHIMS (Missouri Public Health Information Management System) and the Missouri County-Level Study , she said. (nosorh.org)
- 1 Agency of Public Health of Barcelona, Plaça Lesseps 1, Barcelona 08023, Spain. (nih.gov)
- For public health emergencies or hazards, such as outbreaks, food poisoning, meningitis or rabies, please call our after hours emergency phone number at 1-877-298-5888. (hnhu.org)
- The report, published annually by the OHCA - an office within the Connecticut Department of Public Health - provides information related to the financial stability of Connecticut's thirty acute care hospitals. (ct.gov)
- The Connecticut Department of Public Health is the state's leader in public health policy and advocacy with a mission to protect and promote the health and safety of the people of our state. (ct.gov)
- Cambridge Commission on the Status of Women, Institute for Community Health, Cambridge Public Health Department, April 2008. (icommunityhealth.org)
- Governor Brian Kemp declared an "unprecedented" public health emergency on March 14 and ordered on March 16 that all public schools, colleges, and universities in the state close from March 18 through the start of April. (wikipedia.org)
- On March 6, public health officials reported a presumptive positive case involving a 46-year-old woman in Floyd County that appeared unrelated to international travel. (wikipedia.org)
- On March 10, the Department of Public Health reported five additional cases, bringing the state total to 22. (wikipedia.org)
- Data from the National Health Interview Survey shows a narrowing of the average age of initiation between men and women. (cdc.gov)
- The Virginia Department of Education has been asked by the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Office of Epidemiology, Division of Immunization, to remind school divisions that kindergarten and 6th grade student immunization data must be collected from each Virginia public school for the school year 2008-2009. (virginia.gov)
- Several of the topics are split into male and female data, such as the percentage of women and men who have heart disease, hypertension, and other conditions, so this could be a good quick reference source for understanding some aspects of the health status of women older than 65. (ourbodiesourselves.org)
- Surprisingly, the data from the survey show a lack of improvement in perceived health status by childhood cancer survivors over the past 30 years, which serves as an important reminder that cures for cancer do not come without some consequences to patients. (eurekalert.org)
- Interview data collected in 14 of these areas were used to assess recent changes in reporting and their implications. (springer.com)
- More reports included measures derived from claims data (mean, 7.2 hospital reports and 3.3 physician reports per area) than from medical records data. (springer.com)
- The Clark County Health Status Report 2007 Supplement, Volume I, PDF (3.6 MB/130 pages) published in December 2007, provides the most recent data available on preventable morbidity and mortality with a focus on non-communicable diseases and conditions. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- The report presents the latest data from Europe in the areas of alcohol consumption, harm and responses. (who.int)
- The third annual report of vaccination coverage estimates for children aged 12 months and the second annual report for children aged 24 months (using data extracted from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register - ACIR) are also included in this section. (health.gov.au)
- We use these data to construct QOL weights for the 5 self-reported health status categories and 10 priority health conditions, by a series of demographic variables. (cdc.gov)
- We analyzed data on 2043 women aged 18 to 59 who participated in the 1998 Massachusetts Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), a population-based health survey that included questions on IPA. (nih.gov)
- Visibility into the data center allows businesses to evaluate the health state of its core operations. (redmondmag.com)
- Having a tool to gain control over virtualization and report on these environments is essential in telling you what VMs are needed, are they in use, and if they are provisioned properly, allowing you to optimize data center operations while inevitably ensuring data Availability for your business. (redmondmag.com)
- This paper aims to discuss why utilizing a monitoring and reporting tool in your environment can improve decision-making, data center operations, and increase visibility into your environment. (redmondmag.com)
- CDC data from 14 states over the 2006-2010 time period were reported in the September 14, 2012 MMWR report , and are summarized below. (waterandhealth.org)
- indeed the Northern Territory has the highest number of reports per 100,000 population while some southern States are relatively poorly represented in the data set. (nationaldrugstrategy.gov.au)
- If you are not able to access these data please e-mail [email protected] . (nationaldrugstrategy.gov.au)
- Each performance measure provides an outline of what is reported on, data tables, data visualisations and data sources used. (aihw.gov.au)
- We thank the Southwest Pennsylvania Environmental Health Project for assistance with pretesting of the community survey, L. Conti for assistance with study design, D. Galusha and F. Li for assistance with data analysis, and J. Bonthius for assistance with data entry and management. (nih.gov)
- Wearable and mobile devices that capture multimodal data have the potential to identify risk factors for high stress and poor mental health and to provide information to improve health and well-being. (jmir.org)
- Don't miss this opportunity to learn about effectively integrating health equity into population health status reporting processes, and moving data into action. (nccdh.ca)
- In order to describe the health of a population, and paint an accurate picture of the issues confronting communities, a health unit (or regional health authority) needs the best available data, along with local knowledge. (nccdh.ca)
- This report also outlines key elements for improving cancer surveillance in the region, including 1) involvement of local stakeholders and experts, 2) integration of cancer registries into existing surveillance systems (accounting for the complexities and particularities of cancer surveillance), 3) improvement in data availability and quality, 4) enhanced communication and dissemination, and 5) better linkages between cancer registries and cancer planning and cancer research. (scielosp.org)
- Metzger said that in recent years the reports have been longer also because their data capacity as a state has changed. (nosorh.org)
- In the coming weeks, Metzger said she hopes to pull together factsheets from the report as well as present webinars that will discuss how to use and interpret the data. (nosorh.org)
- Military Aircraft Health Monitoring System-South America Market Status and Trend Report 2013-2023 offers a comprehensive analysis on Military Aircraft Health Monitoring System industry, standing on the readers' perspective, delivering detailed market data and penetrating insights. (absolutereports.com)
- No matter the client is industry insider, potential entrant or investor, the report will provides useful data and information. (absolutereports.com)
- Using data drawn from a nationally representative survey of approximately 3000 respondents, this study analysed racial differences in SAH alongside domain-specific SAH and attitudes to a number of health-related areas (e.g. reference groups, perceptions of main influences on health, etc. (scielo.org.za)
- It includes financial performance data for individual hospitals, identifies fiscal trends, and reports on hospital hiring. (ct.gov)
- The Facility Fee report examines current revenues generated by facility fees, the medical procedures that generate those fees, and the four-year trend data. (ct.gov)
- Hospitals and health systems are mandated by section 19a-670 of the Connecticut General Statutes to file financial data every February and March. (ct.gov)
- The report also contains hospital and statewide operating margins, total margins, liquidity measures, payment to cost data, uncompensated care data, and net asset data. (ct.gov)
- The National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research also collates and analyses data on STI, including data from NNDSS, for its annual surveillance report. (cancerscreening.gov.au)
- Comparisons of STI notifications between males and females and Indigenous and non-Indigenous status have to be interpreted cautiously by taking into account that data from STI screening are biased towards high risk groups. (cancerscreening.gov.au)
- 39,40,41 Congenital rubella notifications for 1999 (5 notifications, one definite congenital rubella infection late in pregnancy) are described in the Seventh Annual Report of the Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit. (health.gov.au)
- In addition to identifying the greatest exotic pest threats to plant production, each report covers the governance of plant biosecurity in Australia and explains the mechanisms including our surveillance systems, which successfully manage the pest status of plant industries. (planthealthaustralia.com.au)
- The Laboratory Virology and Serology (LabVISE) Reporting Scheme is a passive surveillance scheme based on voluntary reports of infectious agents contributed by sentinel virology and serology laboratories around Australia, to the Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care. (nationaldrugstrategy.gov.au)
- LabVISE records information on some infectious agents that are not reported by other surveillance schemes. (nationaldrugstrategy.gov.au)
- Conclusions Self-reporting of periodontal health was not successful as many people who had some indications of the periodontal diseases appeared to be unaware of their condition and also appeared not to have been informed nor were being treated for it. (nature.com)
- CONCLUSIONS: By providing nationally representative QOL weights for self-reported health status and 10 priority health conditions, by demographic variable, we have facilitated the use of large national surveys for conducting cost-utility analysis and increased their value to researchers and policy makers. (cdc.gov)
- Conclusions: The results suggest that self-consciousness might be a psychosocial risk marker that influences self-reported oral health status. (quintpub.com)
- CONCLUSIONS--Differences in health behaviours explained a considerable amount, but not all, of the health differences related to marital status. (bmj.com)
- This month, the agency that publishes the nation's annual health report, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), proudly announced its dedicating a portion to socioeconomic status and health. (judicialwatch.org)
- Read the full report here , as well as the author's proposals for evidence-based solutions, including promoting and expanding Community Health Centers, training more nurse practitioners and physician assistants. (alliancemedicalministry.org)
- On April 14, CHFS, in conjunction with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will co-sponsor the "Promoting Health Among Youth" event from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Kingdom Fellowship CLC, 324 E. Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202. (kyforward.com)
- Self-reporting of oral health status, if it can be shown to be reasonably valid, may thus offer an opportunity to measure oral health in populations and groups in a way which many people could find more acceptable than undergoing a clinical examination, at a fraction of the cost of undertaking traditional epidemiological dental examinations and with potentially less bias. (nature.com)
- The slow recovery of children's mental health in Gulf Coast populations is a bellwether indicator of how well the region is recovering. (sciencecodex.com)
- During Minority Health Month, DPH's Office of Health Equity releases the 2017 Kentucky Minority Health Status Report , which outlines the health of minority populations in the Commonwealth. (kyforward.com)
- Although research over the past 25 years has demonstrated an important influence of social networks on health states and on the courses of diseases and mortality among older persons, 12 - 15 these studies are largely limited to clinical samples of medical patients, not nationally representative, community samples, or international populations. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Objectives: investigate the association between ethnicity, social factors and self-reported health conditions of Sami and non-Sami Norwegian populations. (bibsys.no)
- We identified the physiological sensor, phone, mobility, and modifiable behavior features that were best predictors for stress and mental health classification. (jmir.org)
- Domicile ownership, working status, age, visits to doctor/health centre within the last year and reporting current disease were independent predictors of health status. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) offers a unique opportunity to generate a population-level description of the social health of older persons in the United States and to examine whether scales validated in these local-level epidemiological studies of social support are useful predictors of health status among national cross-sectional datasets. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- The estimated risk decreased further when the socio-economic status was taken into account. (bibsys.no)
- Typically, this pattern is attributed to the continued association between race and socio-economic status. (scielo.org.za)
- It is held that these differences suggest that there might be a role for race to play in the assessment and reporting of SAH independently of its continued association with socio-economic status. (scielo.org.za)
- This report studies the global Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software market, analyzes and researches the Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software development status and forecast in United States, EU, Japan, China, India and Southeast Asia. (researchmoz.us)
- This report focuses on the global Virtual Health Assistants status, future forecast, growth opportunity, key market and key players. (marketstudyreport.com)
- Free Press Release ) Jan 5, 2015- Mumbai, India : Bharatbook.com announces a new report on The U.S. Weight Loss Market: 2014 Status Report & Forecast" presents a wrap-up of 2013 performance for the U.S. weight loss market. (newpressrelease.com)
- The perception exists that except for issues related to reproduction health problems, there is little difference in the health of men and women and that the solutions are essentially the same (Kalache & Lunenfeld, 2002). (thefreelibrary.com)
- Interestingly, according to Kalache and Lunenfeld (2002), the strong emphasis on women's issues has (though almost by default) revealed areas of men's health that require just as much attention. (thefreelibrary.com)
- We analyzed 2 subsamples generated via random sampling with replacement from the full analytic sample of adults aged 60 years and older in the 1999-2002 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (n=3476). (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Sexually transmitted infections reported to NNDSS in 2002 were chlamydial infection, donovanosis, gonococcal infections and syphilis. (cancerscreening.gov.au)
- The number of notifications and notification rates of STI reported to the NNDSS between 1998 and 2002 are shown in Table 4. (cancerscreening.gov.au)
Environ Health Perspect1
- Environ Health Perspect. (nih.gov)
- Studies indicate that women abused by their intimate partners are at increased risk for a number of health problems and have increased rates of health care utilization. (nih.gov)
- In this study, we examined the association between intimate partner abuse (IPA) and health concerns and health care utilization in a population-based sample of adult women. (nih.gov)
- Consequences of IPA and self-rated health status and health care utilization of women experiencing IPA were examined. (nih.gov)
- How do changes in medical home status affect health care utilization, expenditures, and quality of care for children? (rand.org)
- To evaluate the effects of the parent-reported medical home status on health care utilization, expenditures, and quality for children. (rand.org)
- We determined whether a representative national probability sample of US community-dwelling older adults who reported less social support also reported poorer general health status, which is a robust predictor of prospective mortality among elders. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Adults who were obese reported seven or more days of poor physical health at higher rates (19.3%) than their normal weight (13.0%) or overweight (13.6%) counterparts. (utah.gov)
- Percentage of adults aged 18 years and older who reported seven or more days when their physical health was not good in the past 30 days. (utah.gov)
- Bivariate logistic regression analysis modeled the relationship between age at disability onset (based on self-report of duration of disability) and fair/poor self-perceived health status, adjusting for confounding variables. (oregonstate.edu)
- Filling the need for trusted information on national health issues, the Kaiser Family Foundation is a nonprofit organization based in San Francisco, California. (kff.org)
- 1 kg) adolescents with that of normal birth weight (NBW) controls and the children's assessments of their general health at ages 8 versus 14 years. (aappublications.org)
- 1 kg) born in 1992-1995 compared with normal birth weight (NBW) controls and the children's perspective of their health compared with that of their parents. (aappublications.org)
- Our analysis adjusted for children's sociodemographic, health, and insurance statuses. (rand.org)
- In 1999, the Northern Territory reported 10 cases, nine more than in 1998, leading to a notification rate for 1999 which was at least double that of any other jurisdiction (Table 2). (health.gov.au)
- In 1999, there were 26,452 reports to LabVISE, contributed by 15 laboratories representing every State and Territory. (nationaldrugstrategy.gov.au)
- The following table displays infectious agents notified to the Laboratory Serology and Virology Reporting Scheme in 1999, by State and Territory. (nationaldrugstrategy.gov.au)
- There was no statistical association between self-reported health of older men and area of residence or marital status. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Health behaviours explain part of the differences in self reported health associated with partner/marital status in The Netherlands. (bmj.com)
- STUDY OBJECTIVE--To describe the differences in health behaviours in disparate marital status groups and to estimate the extent to which these can explain differences in health associated with marital status. (bmj.com)
- Multiple logistic regression models were fitted to estimate the health differences associated with marital status with and without control for differences in health behaviours. (bmj.com)
- MAIN RESULTS--There were differences in relation to marital status for each health behaviour. (bmj.com)
- This methodology utilizes additional demographic information (such as education, race, and marital status) in the weighting procedure. (utah.gov)
- 12. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. (health.gov.au)
Inequalities in health2
- There appears to be a fairly large proportion of people who are prepared to answer questions about their oral health but not undergo an examination, as shown during the 1988 survey of adult dental health in the United Kingdom where 18% of those who were content to be interviewed did not go on to be dentally examined. (nature.com)
- 2008. Available from: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/ohp-nhs-agreement.htm Accessed February 2009. (health.gov.au)
- Yet, while this work is legislated, there aren't actually standards to guide the content, timing, format or dissemination of the reports. (nccdh.ca)
- Another big change with this year's report, beyond content, Metzger said, "and one that was important to best serve Missouri's communities, was to make it easier to read. (nosorh.org)
- Health status reports in the legal medical dossiers of the deceased were analysed using content analysis and Grounded Theory. (philpapers.org)
- Objective The objective was to develop a self-reporting questionnaire for use as an epidemiological measure of periodontal status. (nature.com)
- In this context, SIA (System for vehicle-infrastructure Interaction Assets health status monitoring) has the objective of developing four ready-to-use new services (i.e. iCatMon, iPantMon, iWheelMon, iRailMon) to provide prognostic information about the health status of the railway's most demanding assets in terms of maintenance costs, at the points of the interaction between the vehicle and the infrastructure (catenary, pantograph, wheelset and rail respectively). (europa.eu)
- 1 During childhood and adolescence, in addition to objective measures of health, subjective physical, psychological, and social aspects of health become important measures. (aappublications.org)
- OBJECTIVE: The objective of this study was to produce nationally representative QOL weights for self-reported health status and for 10 'priority' health conditions, by a series of demographic variables. (cdc.gov)
- Hence, the objective of the current study was to determine the relative association of negative and positive affect assessed at baseline with 12-month overall health status and specific health status domains in patients treated with percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) with drug-eluting stenting. (springer.com)
- Objective Describe the self-reported prevalence and nature of Olympic-career injury and general health and current residual symptoms in a self-selected sample of retired Olympians. (bmj.com)
- While contemporary therapy for certain childhood cancers has led to a reduction of late mortality and extended the lifespan of survivors, the researchers reported there was no parallel improvement in patient-reported health status among survivors. (eurekalert.org)
- The study also did not consider the effects of risk factors to health on mortality. (eurekalert.org)
- 1 - 6 Such mediating pathways are postulated to have long-term negative effects on health, causing increases in disease susceptibility and risk of mortality across many leading causes of death among elders. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- I definitely acknowledge the need to pay attention to older women's health issues and that I personally need to work to be more educated and inclusive on that front. (ourbodiesourselves.org)
- An informative dose of women's health news and analysis. (ourbodiesourselves.org)
- As a result of lobby groups of women from all over the world and the 1995 Beijing Conference, research on women's health needs, rapidly mushroomed. (thefreelibrary.com)
- This year's report also includes a special feature on the end of life. (nih.gov)
- This year's report is 88 pages. (nosorh.org)
- It's my hope that this year's report will be easy to understand by everyone at the grassroots level interested in furthering the health of their community-whether it's a hospital, a non-profit, or a walking club," Metzger concluded. (nosorh.org)
- Our aim was to assess the relationship between household proximity to natural gas wells and reported health symptoms. (nih.gov)
- Gas well proximity for each household was compared with the prevalence and frequency of reported dermal, respiratory, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, and neurological symptoms. (nih.gov)
- They also had increased risk of experiencing somatic and mental symptoms and experienced negative health perceptions and lower life satisfaction. (foodforthebrain.org)
- However, President Akufo-Addo confirmed in his recent briefing that the Health Minister is recovering from COVID-19 symptoms. (ghanacelebrities.com)
- The Sumter County Board of Commissioners, Emergency Management and Administration are actively monitoring COVID-19 (Coronavirus) activity and reports. (americustimesrecorder.com)
- Hours later, Vim Lady reported on her personal Facebook page that the Minister had not tested positive for Coronavirus, contrary to what various media outlets reported. (ghanacelebrities.com)
- The legislation also required the Department of Health and Human Services to undertake significant new activities, including a biennial report to Congress. (cdc.gov)
- EDMONTON , Nov. 15, 2013 /CNW/ - The Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) released the first report of its kind that outlines the health status of Métis Albertans. (newswire.ca)
- The Minority Health Status Report promotes strategies and resources for using a health equity framework through ongoing community conversations to advance state, regional, and local efforts to reduce health disparities and advance health equity. (kyforward.com)
- The adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals have provided a framework within which to strengthen actions to improve health and well-being for all and ensure no one is left behind. (org.in)
- 1 This could introduce bias in the assessment of periodontal conditions in a population particularly if declining to undergo a dental examination is associated with embarrassment about oral status and oral cleanliness. (nature.com)
- It could also offer a simple way of determining periodontal health in a local population or a way of monitoring targets for periodontal health. (nature.com)
- The report, called Health Status of the Métis Population of Alberta , was made possible as a result of an Information Sharing Agreement and a $250,000 grant from Alberta Health to the MNA. (newswire.ca)
- In 2030, the number and proportion of older Americans is expected to grow significantly - to 72 million, representing nearly 20 percent of the population said the report, by the Federal Interagency Forum on Aging-Related Statistics. (nih.gov)
- Activities that interfere with overall wellness for the wider population also contribute to adverse health status for childhood cancer survivors. (eurekalert.org)
- Reporting health status helps us understand and interpret the health of our population, and is at the heart of the Southern Nevada Health District's mission to protect and promote the health and well-being of Southern Nevada residents and visitors. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Quality-of-life weights for the US population: self-reported health status and priority health conditions, by demographic characteristics. (cdc.gov)
- BACKGROUND: Many of the large ongoing national surveys of the US population contain a question that asks for the respondent's self-reported health status: 'excellent,' 'very good,' 'good,' 'fair,' or 'poor. (cdc.gov)
- These results indicate that women in the general population experiencing IPA are at increased risk for several serious emotional and physical health concerns. (nih.gov)
- Conclusion: This cross-sectional study provides population-level, generalizable evidence of increased fair or poor health in people with later onset disability compared to those with disability onset prior to the age of 21 years. (oregonstate.edu)
- Veterinary scientists, while with the USDA experiment station at Clay Center, Nebraska monitored health events and growth performance in a population of range beef calves in order to identify associations of production factors with baby calf passive immune status. (oklahomafarmreport.com)
- Growth performance and health events in the study population were monitored from birth to weaning, and after weaning throughout the feedlot phase. (oklahomafarmreport.com)
- Methods: SAMINOR is a population-based study of health and living conditions that was conducted in 24 municipalities in northern Norway during 2003 and 2004. (bibsys.no)
- Results: Sami respondents reported inferior health conditions in comparison to the Norwegian majority population. (bibsys.no)
- Did you know that some provinces, like Ontario, require that the Medical Officer of Health make a population health status report? (nccdh.ca)
- Join the NCCDH and "advisors on tap" from two health regions (names to be confirmed) that have been engaged in integrating health equity into their population health status reporting. (nccdh.ca)
- The report is based on a study conducted between 2015 and 2017 by the trust, carried out in a sample population that included those directly exposed to gas in 1984 and those exposed in the wombs of the exposed mothers. (bhopal.net)
- This rate represents an increase of 19 per cent compared with the rate reported in 2001 (102.8 cases per 100,000 population). (cancerscreening.gov.au)
- On November 20, 1986, the Department issued the first of these reports. (cdc.gov)
- The Department of Health has made modifications to the system for more efficient reporting. (virginia.gov)
- For the most up to date information on COVID-19 please visit the Department of Health Website . (aihw.gov.au)
- Another more visual change is that the new report features award-winning photos from the Missouri Department of Agriculture's Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest . (nosorh.org)
- State law prohibits hospitals, hospital facilities, and health systems from charging facility fees for outpatient evaluation and management of medical conditions except in two cases: 1) unless a previous contract allows the fees, or 2) a satellite emergency department is delivering care. (ct.gov)
- Hartford - The overall financial health of Connecticut's 30 acute care hospitals improved in FY 2009 when compared to FY 2008, according to a report issued by the Connecticut Department of Public Health's Office of Health Care Access. (ct.gov)
- The state health department notified the funeral home about potential exposure to the virus on March 13. (wikipedia.org)
- for the first time, the U.S. government's annual comprehensive report on Americans' health features a special and heavily promoted section on socioeconomic status. (judicialwatch.org)
- Approximately 20 pages are dedicated to the special socioeconomic status section, which features a variety of charts and graphs comparing the difference in the healthcare received by whites, Hispanics, blacks and Asians. (judicialwatch.org)
- By addressing socioeconomic factors such as affordable housing, access to affordable and nutritious food, transportation, isolation and economic instability, the report demonstrates how health and well-being can be significantly improved, and healthcare expenditures significantly reduced. (eventbrite.com)
- In addition these techniques are more invasive than methods currently used to determine tooth status in epidemiological examinations. (nature.com)
- Global Virtual Health Assistants Market Share by Regions 2019-2026 Table 13. (marketstudyreport.com)
- Global Virtual Health Assistants Market Size by Type (2019-2026) (Million US$) Table 24. (marketstudyreport.com)
- North America Virtual Health Assistants Market Share by Type (2019-2026) Table 31. (marketstudyreport.com)
Ministry of Hea6
- This bi-monthly report on the facility stock status of the 41 tracer items (in different baskets) provides information about the stock situation of health facilities in the country in order to inform the Ministry of Health and all stakeholders to make appropriate logistics decisions that ensure an effective health commodities supply chain. (health.go.ug)
- The purpose of this report is to inform the Ministry of Health and all stakeholders of the stock levels in the country as a tool that enables appropriate logistics decisions making. (health.go.ug)
- The Ministry of Health Confirms fourteen(14) new Covid-19 cases, from 2103 samples tested on 4th July. (health.go.ug)
- The Ministry of Health Confirms eleven(11) new Covid-19 cases, from 2330 samples tested on 28th June. (health.go.ug)
- The republican Ministry of Health reported on the status of three residents of Bashkiria, who suffered during a fire in Nizhnekamsk. (bashinform.ru)
- Their condition is of moderate severity, the press service of the Ministry of Health of Bashkortostan reported. (bashinform.ru)
- investigating social class differences in self-reported health status. (nih.gov)
- Differences in employment relations could account for some of the often observed social class differences in health in the United Kingdom. (nih.gov)
- The NS-SEC shows significant social class differences in health, further evidence for its construct validity. (nih.gov)
- Social class differences in housing, neighbourhood and lifestyle factors appear to have a large role in understanding class differences in health. (nih.gov)
- Compared with children whose parents reported having no medical homes in both years, those who did not have medical homes in year 1 but gained them in year 2 had significantly higher ratings of health care quality, but no significant differences in health care expenditures and utilization. (rand.org)
- This finding suggests that examining the general health of people with and those without disabilities might mask differences associated with onset, potentially relating to differences in experience and self-perception. (oregonstate.edu)
- In addition, research should examine possible differences in the relationship between age at onset and self-reported health within specific impairment groups. (oregonstate.edu)
- Then we tested the final models on the second subsample (n=1744) to assess the differences in odds of reporting poor, fair, or good versus very good or excellent health. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- There were significant differences in Social Anxiety for the variables of gender, smoking, perceived dental health, self-reported gum bleeding and reason for dental visit (p (quintpub.com)
- Control for all six health behaviours could explain an average of 20-36% of the differences in perceived and general health and subjective health complaints. (bmj.com)
- In light of this concern, and the challenge which it poses to the interpretation of the results of much current South African empirical work, this article explores possible systematic differences with respect to the perception and reporting of SAH between members of different race groups in South Africa. (scielo.org.za)
- These reports give us insight into the financial health of our healthcare systems-which are economic drivers-and help policymakers address specific cost areas-like prescription drugs. (ct.gov)
- Additionally, the report examines governance as seen from the citizen's perspective, revealing gaps between public institutions and the people they serve. (oecd-ilibrary.org)
- Grantwatch commentary: aligning forces for quality, a program to improve health and health care in communities across the United States. (springer.com)