Medical Records Systems, Computerized
Electronic Health Records
Media that facilitate transportability of pertinent information concerning patient's illness across varied providers and geographic locations. Some versions include direct linkages to online consumer health information that is relevant to the health conditions and treatments related to a specific patient.
Records as Topic
Forms and Records Control
Medical Record Linkage
Patient Access to Records
Health Records, Personal
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Medical Records, Problem-Oriented
Medical Records Department, Hospital
Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.
Ambulatory Care Information Systems
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Hospital Information Systems
Information Storage and Retrieval
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Primary Health Care
Patient Identification Systems
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Medical Record Administrators
Diffusion of Innovation
Decision Support Systems, Clinical
Natural Language Processing
Access to Information
International Classification of Diseases
A system of categories to which morbid entries are assigned according to established criteria. Included is the entire range of conditions in a manageable number of categories, grouped to facilitate mortality reporting. It is produced by the World Health Organization (From ICD-10, p1). The Clinical Modifications, produced by the UNITED STATES DEPT. OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, are larger extensions used for morbidity and general epidemiological purposes, primarily in the U.S.
Medical History Taking
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Quality of Health Care
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Physician's Practice Patterns
Computer Communication Networks
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Emergency Service, Hospital
Databases as Topic
Academic Medical Centers
Small computers using LSI (large-scale integration) microprocessor chips as the CPU (central processing unit) and semiconductor memories for compact, inexpensive storage of program instructions and data. They are smaller and less expensive than minicomputers and are usually built into a dedicated system where they are optimized for a particular application. "Microprocessor" may refer to just the CPU or the entire microcomputer.
Wounds and Injuries
Cause of Death
Sensitivity and Specificity
A specified list of terms with a fixed and unalterable meaning, and from which a selection is made when CATALOGING; ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING; or searching BOOKS; JOURNALS AS TOPIC; and other documents. The control is intended to avoid the scattering of related subjects under different headings (SUBJECT HEADINGS). The list may be altered or extended only by the publisher or issuing agency. (From Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed, p163)
Terminology as Topic
Practice Management, Medical
Referral and Consultation
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Errors or mistakes committed by health professionals which result in harm to the patient. They include errors in diagnosis (DIAGNOSTIC ERRORS), errors in the administration of drugs and other medications (MEDICATION ERRORS), errors in the performance of surgical procedures, in the use of other types of therapy, in the use of equipment, and in the interpretation of laboratory findings. Medical errors are differentiated from MALPRACTICE in that the former are regarded as honest mistakes or accidents while the latter is the result of negligence, reprehensible ignorance, or criminal intent.
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
A province of Canada lying between the provinces of Manitoba and Quebec. Its capital is Toronto. It takes its name from Lake Ontario which is said to represent the Iroquois oniatariio, beautiful lake. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p892 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p391)
Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
United States Department of Veterans Affairs
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
Jaw Relation Record
The presence of co-existing or additional diseases with reference to an initial diagnosis or with reference to the index condition that is the subject of study. Comorbidity may affect the ability of affected individuals to function and also their survival; it may be used as a prognostic indicator for length of hospital stay, cost factors, and outcome or survival.
A distribution in which a variable is distributed like the sum of the squares of any given independent random variable, each of which has a normal distribution with mean of zero and variance of one. The chi-square test is a statistical test based on comparison of a test statistic to a chi-square distribution. The oldest of these tests are used to detect whether two or more population distributions differ from one another.
A mass of organic or inorganic solid fragmented material, or the solid fragment itself, that comes from the weathering of rock and is carried by, suspended in, or dropped by air, water, or ice. It refers also to a mass that is accumulated by any other natural agent and that forms in layers on the earth's surface, such as sand, gravel, silt, mud, fill, or loess. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1689)
Severity of Illness Index
Clinical Pharmacy Information Systems
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Directions or principles presenting current or future rules of policy for assisting health care practitioners in patient care decisions regarding diagnosis, therapy, or related clinical circumstances. The guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by the convening of expert panels. The guidelines form a basis for the evaluation of all aspects of health care and delivery.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Patient Care Planning
Continuity of Patient Care
Decision Making, Computer-Assisted
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Health Care Surveys
Evaluation Studies as Topic
Quality Indicators, Health Care
Outpatient Clinics, Hospital
Public Health Informatics
Attitude of Health Personnel
Health Maintenance Organizations
Organized systems for providing comprehensive prepaid health care that have five basic attributes: (1) provide care in a defined geographic area; (2) provide or ensure delivery of an agreed-upon set of basic and supplemental health maintenance and treatment services; (3) provide care to a voluntarily enrolled group of persons; (4) require their enrollees to use the services of designated providers; and (5) receive reimbursement through a predetermined, fixed, periodic prepayment made by the enrollee without regard to the degree of services provided. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Ambulatory Care Facilities
Medical Order Entry Systems
Interviews as Topic
Coroners and Medical Examiners
Proportional Hazards Models
Dutch corvette Scipio (1784)
Case then detained the brig on the grounds that she might be harbouring deserters from Samarang, and impressed six of the ... Navy Records Society). Lubbock, Basil (1967) The Opium Clippers. (Glasgow: Brown, Son, & Ferguson) Marshall, John (1829). " ... Case and Governor Lachlan Macquarie got into arguments over several issues. After Samarang left Port Jackson on 7 January 1813 ... In August 1812, William Case was promoted to Commander and given command of Samarang. He sailed her from Madras to Australia, ...
Case. National Cyclopedia of American Biography. Her Wedding a Surprise. Virginia Death Records. Moving Day Taxes Skill. War ... With the prosecution case largely consisting of the argument that it was impossible for Alexander Cronkhite to have shot ... "Virginia Death Records, 1912-2014, entry for Dorothy C. Roberson". Ancestry.com. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, LLC. January 21, 1954 ... Case, Nelson (1901). History of Labette County, Kansas, and Representative Citizens. Chicago, IL: Biographical Publishing ...
p. . "Todd Taylor Interview". Space Case Records. November 11, 2012. Nunez, Carlos (September 7, 2018). "10 OF THE BEST ... We though about it a while and we decided that if Dangerhouse could put out records and if Chris Ashford could put out records ... In addition to publication of the magazine, the magazine was associated with its own record label, Flipside Records, releasing ... For several years, the publishers also produced punk rock records under the label name Flipside Records. Inspired by the ...
Youngstown Sheet and Tube
Steel Seizure Case. Records, 1952. 5365. Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Martin P. Catherwood ...
Case, Ted. "8TH DYE : AMORINE QUEEN". QRO. Retrieved 8 August 2016 "18th Dye". Crunchy Frog Records. Retrieved 8 August 2016 ... 2008 on Crunchy Frog Records. The band had broken up in 1995 following their 2nd album, "Tribute to a Bus", but reformed in ...
Mary J. Blige discography
LaFace Records. 1995.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link) Case (liner). Case. Def Jam Records. 1996.CS1 maint: ... 2009.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link) Paper Trail: Case Closed (liner). T.I. Atlantic Records. 2009.CS1 maint ... A&M Records. 2003.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link) This Is Not a Test! (liner). Missy Elliott. Elektra Records ... J Records. 2005.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link) Todd Smith (liner). LL Cool J. Def Jam Records. 2006.CS1 ...
Capital Case Records". Crime, Histoire & Sociétés / Crime, History & Societies. 18 (Vol. 18, n°2): 27-47. doi:10.4000/chs.1485 ... Although the male ratio at birth is recorded to be higher than that of the female, the female ratio in some populations are ... recorded to be higher, as it is commonly disputed that females have a greater chance at resisting disease, as well as have a ...
Irving S. Olds
National Archives & Records Administration. Retrieved 26 April 2019. "Corporate Clients". White & Case. Retrieved 26 April 2019 ... He served as chairman of the board and chief executive officer of U.S. Steel, and was partner at White & Case. Irving Sands ... In 1911, he joined the law firm White & Case. In 1917, Olds became a partner, and remained as such until his death. That same ... After a stint in France after the First World War opening White & Case's Paris office, Olds returned to the United States and ...
Dorothy Hamilton Brush
Case Western Reserve University. "Results for 'au:Brush, Dorothy Hamilton.' [WorldCat.org]". www.worldcat.org. Retrieved 2020- ... "Class of 1917 Records". Smith College Archives. "Maternal Health Association". Planned Parenthood. Retrieved 2015-08-08. CS1 ...
Bloodshot Records Neko Case Nora O'Connor Pine Valley Cosmonauts Biography portal Music portal Georgia (U.S. state) portal ... Long Play Records, 1996) Beneath the Country Underdog (Bloodshot Records, 2000) Because it Feel Good (Bloodshot Records, 2001) ... Hogan released her first record for Bloodshot Records entitled Beneath the Country Underdog in 2000. The record, "brilliantly ... In 1998, Hogan joined singer-songwriter Neko Case's band, recording and touring with the band as a vocalist. Hogan continued to ...
A new record attendance of 49,946 was set in October 1967 when Forest beat Manchester Utd 3-1 in a First Division fixture, five ... "Nottingham Forest Case Study". adi.tv. Retrieved 26 August 2019. "History of The City Ground". Nottingham Forest Football Club ... "Club Records". Nottingham Forest Football Club. Retrieved 26 August 2019. "31May91 UK: TAYLOR WOODROW TO BUILD NEW STAND FOR ... Sadly many of the club's records, trophies and other memorabilia were lost in the fire. The stand was refurbished. A front view ...
1 (Beatles album)
1 (CD liner/case). The Beatles. Capitol Records. 2000. ISBN 978-1-884409-49-3. CDP 7243 5 29325 2 8.CS1 maint: others in cite ... The pre-recorded backing track was done on 14 June as the orchestra, vocals, drums, bass, and guitar solo were recorded and ... The double vinyl record version was not released in the US, but the imported British edition was available. The vinyl version ... The records have custom labels featuring the same graphics as the front cover and are packaged in custom inner sleeves. The ...
In the case of universities, normally the school year starts in the last week of July and is divided in trimesters or semesters ... "What were the Scottish 'Term Days'?". Scottish Records Association. Archived from the original on 19 January 2010. Retrieved 21 ... "The case against summer". The Guardian (London), 19 July 2007. Accessed 22 July 2009. "Inquiry to consider five-term year". BBC ... Schools can be exempted from opening the required number of half-days in some cases, such as in Christchurch in 2011 when many ...
Christopher Anne Suczek
Wolberg, Donald L.; Flynn, John J.; McKenna, Malcolm C.; Buzas, Martin A.; Culver, Stephen J.; Schwimmer, David R.; Case, ... Gerard R.; Ross, June R. P.; Suczek, Christopher A. (1993). "Society Records and Activities". Journal of Paleontology. 67 (4): ...
On June 20, 2012, See's Candies made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the world's largest lollipop, weighing ... "See's Candies Case Study". 26 January 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2018. http://www.everythingsouthcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/ ... "See's Candies creates world's largest lollipop". Guinness World Records. 23 July 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2013. Pick, ... 7,003 pounds (3,177 kg) and a length of 4 feet (1.2 m) and 8.75 inches (22.2 cm). The previous largest lollipop record stood at ...
Records. June 29, 1990. pp. 1, 30. Retrieved December 21, 2019. "WRMR". Encyclopedia of Cleveland History , Case Western ... He was fished out the waters shortly thereafter, and handed out copies of the 45 record "Zorro" to hundreds of fans who greeted ... "Mad Daddy" reached the peak of his popularity at WHK, hosting record hops and live after-midnight shows dressed in a Dracula ... "For the Record: Call Letter Actions" (PDF). Broadcasting. January 29, 1968. p. 117. Retrieved 17 July 2018. "Storer FM holdings ...
2015 in Scandinavian music
V2 Records Holland). 9 - Yhdessä by Robin Packalen (Universal Music Oy). 23 In Case of Fire by Fredrik Lundin (Yellowbird). ... ECM Records). Picture You by Swedish band The Amazing, with guitarist Reine Fiske (Partisan Records). 6 - Trees Of Light by ... "In Case of Fire". Apple Music. Retrieved 2 November 2019. "Bo Kaspers Orkester - Redo Att Gå Sönder". Discogs.com. Retrieved ... V2 Records Holland. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2019. "Robinin odotettu duettoalbumi ...
Joseph F. Radigan
". "Fayette Appeals Influence Case". "Vermont Death Records". "Funeral is Held for Joseph Radigan". "Obituary, Florence S. ... Among the notable cases Radigan handled as U.S. Attorney was the prosecution in 1966 and 1967 of State Senator and Vermont ... "Record Vote Cast in City". Rutland Daily Herald. Rutland, VT. November 9, 1932. p. 7 - via Newspapers.com. "Florence I. ... "Fayette Appeals Influence Case". Burlington Free Press. Burlington, VT. January 20, 1967. p. 17 - via Newspapers.com. "Cook to ...
Made in the Dark
However, the band took a different approach in recording Made in the Dark to make it sound "not quite so homemade". Recording ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Lucas, Gavin (18 February 2008). "What, No Jewel Case? - Hot Chip - Made in the Dark". ... This was the first occasion that Hot Chip had recorded music in a studio environment. In March 2008, Hot Chip re-recorded ... And Made in the Dark can boast four of the best." Pitchfork described it as a "patchy, turbulent record" due to the use of many ...
"New Students - New Students - Case Western Reserve University". studentaffairs.case.edu. "Admissions and Records - Home". www. ... In Sweden, it is known as nollning (from nolla, "zero", in this case meaning the students have not earned any credit points yet ... and mass media continues to report inhumane activities during those orientation that led to a few cases of death. Nowadays, ...
The Labor Council of New South Wales commissioned a report into the case in 1918, and an enquiry into the case was also ... The folksinger Andy Irvine composed a song memorialising the Sydney Twelve, called "Gladiators", released on a record in March ... The case was tried in the Central Criminal Court before Justice Robert Pring and a jury. The jury found Glynn, McPherson, Teen ... The case against the Twelve was assisted by the Government hysteria against the IWW. This was typified in the Tottenham murder ...
Align the Planets
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Align the Planets (CD). In Case of Fire. Search and Destroy Records. 2009. SADCDA001. ... Recorded at Rockfield Studios in Wales, the album had originally been recorded in their home town of Portadown over a seven- ... month period but was re-recorded after signing a record deal. The trio say about the album that, "We're just a rock band that ... "In Case of Fire : Interview". Indiemusic.co.uk. Retrieved 22 May 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Vinyl: In Case ...
"Thomas "Tom" Keady Records by Year". cfbdatawarehouse.com. Archived from the original on March 27, 2016. Retrieved February 7, ... Case Western Reserve University. September 28, 2011. "Thomas J. Keady, 82, Dies; Coached Football at Lehigh" (PDF). The New ... "Lehigh Coaching Records". cfbdatawarehouse.com. Archived from the original on March 8, 2016. Retrieved February 7, 2020 - via ... compiling a record of 14-9-2 in three seasons. Keady died at the age of 82 on February 12, 1964, in Concord, New Hampshire. " ...
Inventions and Their Management
Chapter 2. Invention Procedure and Records; Piccoli Light-Switch Case. Chapter 3. What a Patent Grants; Jurisdiction of the ... Slawson Fare Box Case; Luks Dairy Apparatus Case; Reckendorfer Pencil Case; Morton Anesthetics Case. Chapter 8. Novelty; Claude ... Abandonment; Edison Lamp Case. Chapter 12. The Inventive Process; Calthorp Streamlined Train Case; Roters Heater Case. Chapter ... Reading of Patents; Elsenheimer Punch Case; Wilkins Welder Case. Chapter 17. Study of the Market; Rainer Plating-Machine Case. ...
Cited in Hodgson, Jay (2010). Understanding Records, p.81. ISBN 978-1-4411-5607-5. Case, Alex (2007). Sound FX, p.160. Focal ... Hodgson, J. (2010). Understanding Records: A Field Guide To Recording Practice. Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 9781441124098.. ... In audio, recording, and music, pumping or gain pumping is a creative misuse of compression, the "audible unnatural level ... and according to Alex Case, the effect may result from selecting "too slow or too fast...or too, um, medium" attack and release ...
... "public record" or the "case records of a public law court" in Tang dynasty China. Kōan/gong'an thus serves as a metaphor for ... This is a fragment of case No. 18 of the Wumenguan as well as case No. 12 of the Blue Cliff Record.) A monk asked Zhaozhou, " ... Hekigan-roku Case 8) Enkan's Rhinoceros Fan (Hekigan-roku Case 91) Shimano: The Old Woman Burns the Hut (Kattō-shō Case 162) ... Kattō-shō Case 280). Akizuki: Nansen Has Died (Kattō-shō Case 282) Kenpō's Three Illnesses (Kattō-shō Case 17). Goi jujukin ...
"C-USA individual records" (PDF). grfx.cstv.com. Retrieved September 17, 2014. "Foursome Elected To ECU Athletics Hall Of Fame ... "Trophy Case". East Carolina Pirates. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 18 September 2014. " ... "2014 NCAA Football Records: Consensus All-America Selections" (PDF). National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). 2014. p. ... which remains a Conference USA and East Carolina single-season record. Bayes was also named first team Conference USA in 1999 ...
7329663 / Civil Case No. 77C6301). National Archives and Records Administration. U.S. District Court for the Eastern District ... 7329664 / Civil Case No. 77C6301). National Archives and Records Administration. U.S. District Court for the Eastern District ... 1865-. Record Group 21: Records of District Courts of the United States, 1685 - 2009. 29 December 1977. Carmody, Deirdre (30 ... "Case Summary: Ludtke v. Kuhn 461 F. Supp. 86 (D.N.Y. 1978)" (PDF). University of Denver Sports & Entertainment Law Journal. ...
In My Time of Dying
Case 2007, eBook. Williams, Stacey (1962). Bob Dylan (Album notes). Bob Dylan. New York City: Columbia Records. p. 5. CK 8579. ... Blind Willie Johnson recorded the song during his first recording session on December 3, 1927, as "Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed" ... R7015 Paramount Records no. 12986-A Banner Records no. 32859 Kennedy 1925, p. 115. sfn error: no target: CITEREFKennedy1925 ( ... Josh White recorded the song as "Jesus Gonna Make Up My Dying Bed". White later recorded it between 1944 and 1946 as "In My ...
International Women's Year
"International Women's Year Conference Records". Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut. Archived from the ... "INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S YEAR, GREATER CLEVELAND CONGRESS". Case Western Reserve University. Retrieved 15 July 2007. Bunch 2012, p ...
In some cases the complex interactions between inhibitory and excitatory neurons can be simplified using mean field theory, ... Experimental data comes primarily from single-unit recording in primates. The frontal lobe and parietal lobe function as ... However, since the biologically plausible mathematical models formulated in neuroscience are in most cases too complex to be ...
2009-10 United States network television schedule
"Fox Renews 'The Simpsons,' Setting TV Record". The New York Times. Retrieved April 23, 2010 ... Cold Case (R) Fox Fall The OT The Simpsons The Cleveland Show Family Guy American Dad! Local Programming ...
Michael Landon, den frie encyklopædi
I 1962, udgav Landon en Bonanza-relateret single, "Gimme A Little Kiss/Be Patient With Me", fra Columbia Records. ... Episode: The Forbes-Carol Case Suspicion. Howard. Episoden: The Story of Marjorie Reardon ...
In the nonsyndromic cases, a positive family history is found in 2% of the cases with sagittal suture closure and in 6 ... Francel PC (1995). "Evolution of the treatment for sagittal synostosis: a personal record". In Goodrich JT, Hall CD (eds.). ... of cases. Metopic synostosis is a factor in 5% to 15% of cases, and lambdoid synostosis is seen in 0% to 5% of nonsyndromic ... Case report". Pediatric Neurosurgery. 25 (1): 31-4, discussion 35. doi:10.1159/000121093. PMID 9055332.. ...
"An Early Case of Personality: Ruth Benedict's Autobiographical Fragment and the Case of the Biblical 'Boaz'" in Darnell, Regna ... In their bodies is the record of their brotherhood." The Chrysanthemum and the SwordEdit. Main article: The Chrysanthemum and ... The Life of an Academic: A Personal Record of a Teacher, Administrator, and Anthropologist Annual Review of Anthropology. Vol. ...
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
In some cases, manufacturers choose to conduct addition work to satisfy requirements for peer-reviewed literature, as was the ... It must comply with FIFRA record keeping requirements. *Note: An EPA registered establishment is one that produces pesticides, ... case for the herbicide, cloransulam-methyl.  Publication of registration studies in the peer-reviewed literature not only ...
In a few cases, the code will be present but not used. In that case, the script or bot will continue working. ... The fact was ... that Australian rules footballer Ken Seymour unofficially equalled the Australian record for the 110-yard ... List of India One Day International cricket records. Hello dear, Jevansen I didn't understand why to undo this edit here ... In this case I removed the category as it is a parent category of Category:American women weightlifters, which already existed ...
... with many cases of violence and deaths having been recorded historically. ... In case of Estonia this indicator is lower than in Latvia and Lithuania but stays stable average 7 percent from total number of ... An EU case concerning Italy stated that, "The principle of trade union freedom in the Italian system implies recognition of the ... In such cases, unions have certain legal rights, most importantly the right to engage in collective bargaining with the ...
The first cases in Northern Ireland were confirmed at five sites in counties Down and Antrim on 16 November 2012. By 4 ... On 12 October 2012 the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine confirmed the first recorded instance of the fungus in ... A free mobile phone application, Ashtag, is available to help report and identify cases. Developed by the University of ... The Forestry Commission has produced guidance and requested people report possible cases. ...
It is the case that the biomass of each trophic level decreases from the base of the chain to the top. This is because energy ... Paleoecological web - a web that reconstructs ecosystems from the fossil record. ...
In both cases, the drugs must be taken with plenty of water one or two hours after a meal. It is recommended that users drink ... "With Record Speed, F.D.A. Approves a New AIDS Drug". Retrieved 2018-10-24.. ...
In this case, the words balance and holism are often used alongside complementary or integrative, claiming to take into account ... one would expect to record differences between placebo and no-treatment groups due to bias associated with lack of blinding."[ ... "Cleveland, Ohio: Case Western Reserve University. Archived from the original on 2006-05-09. Retrieved 2010-09-23.. ... In 83% of the cases, the readers agreed. In the 17% in which they disagreed, a third reader agreed with one of the initial ...
His recorded statements to small gatherings often sound more brutal than those he made to larger groups, but he never gives the ... Wessinger, Catherine (2000). Millennialism, Persecution, and Violence: Historical Cases. Syracuse University Press. p. 282. ... Seybolt, Taylor B.; Aronson, Jay D.; Fischoff, Baruch (2013). Counting Civilian Casualties: An Introduction to Recording and ... Heuveline, Patrick (2001). "The Demographic Analysis of Mortality Crises: The Case of Cambodia, 1970-1979". Forced Migration ...
This recording cuts off the first bar so that it sounds like the bell comes in on the third beat of the second bar. This is ... 8 is considered something of a novelty and in some cases, an enigma. The cross-rhythmic structure (multiple beat schemes) is ... Recorded examples of "son clave" used in yambú: "Ave Maria", Conjunto Folkloricó Nacional de Cuba, (1965: phonorecord). "Mama ... Recorded examples of "son clave" in traditional music from Ghana and Benin: "Waka" (one) Addy, Mustapha Tettey, The Royal Drums ...
2000 United States Census
This was the first census in which a state - California - recorded a population of over 30 million, as well as the first in ... This case, Utah v. Evans, made it to the Supreme Court, but Utah was again defeated. ... of the cases. In the remaining 1%, computer systems used one of two possibilities: a) one of the two listed sexes was changed, ... which two states - California and Texas - recorded a population of more than 20 million. ...
Saint Barnabas Medical Center
He also holds the record as one of the world's smallest boys known to survive. In January 2009, Dr. Stuart Geffner performed ... Beth Israel Medical Center combined is one of the most active transplant programs in the United States with more than 270 cases ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
So this isn't a "new record", it is the case of the guy clocking up more milestones. I know that Michael Schumacher overtook ... If the cricket record is as big in cricket countries as Bonds' home run record would be (or Mark McGwire's single-season record ... This case has received a large amount of attention, which automatically makes it notable. Whether the case warranted such ... I now support the inclusion of this murder case in ITN as, IMO, the media has turned this case into an internationally notable ...
An exception to this rule is constituted by the hiatus in which the first vowel was a nasalized i or u. In those cases, a nasal ... Arquivo do Galego Oral - An archive of records of Galician speakers.. *A Nosa Fala - Sound recordings of the different dialects ... The "tilde" (´) is a small line written over some vowels to show in some cases which syllable carries the accent, "paspallás" ( ...
... in the Petit Robert dictionary and by the pronunciation recorded on the authoritative website Pronny the pronouncer, which ... "The Strange Case of Pushkin and Nabokov". nybooks.com. The New York Review of Books. Retrieved July 24, 2015 ... is run by a professor of linguistics and records the pronunciations of highly educated native speakers. The pronunciation [stɑ ... profoundly serious and many-sided discussion and therefore as a medium of profoundly serious investigation into the human case ...
By March 2019, this became the second largest Ebola outbreak ever recorded, with more than 1,000 cases and insecurity ... Initial case. Bushmeat having been smoked in Ghana. In Africa, wild animals including fruit bats are hunted for food and are ... almost all centred on the Yambuku mission hospital or close contacts of another case. In all, 318 cases and 280 deaths (an ... "Half of Ebola cases in DR Congo 'unidentified'". BBC News Online. 2 August 2019. Retrieved 3 August 2019.. ...
This will allow you to make your case on the article's talk page. Administrators will consider your reasoning before deciding ... Your draft article, Draft:Forgotten Faces Records. Hello, 188.8.131.52. It has been over six months since you last edited ... This will allow you to make your case on the article's talk page. Administrators will consider your reasoning before deciding ... In case you didn't know, when you add content to talk pages and Wikipedia pages that have open discussion, you should sign your ...
Sacred trees and groves in Germanic paganism and mythology
Attestations and archaeological record. Sacred trees and groves are widely attested among the records of the ancient ... in addition to the case of Nerthus, there was a silva Herculi sacra ('wood sacred to Hercules', an interpretatio romana) near ... Notable examples of sacred trees and groves in the historical record among the ancient Germanic peoples include the following: ... In some cases, such as Donar's Oak (according to legend, felled by Christian missionary Saint Boniface), these were associated ...
In 2000, Kruger and Dunning were awarded an Ig Nobel Prize, in satirical recognition of the scientific work recorded in "their ... The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who robbed banks with his ...
... in the latter case even leading to a dispute as to whether these birds should be considered a species (and thus entitled ... male birds were recorded to have eaten 37.6% animal matter and 62.4% plant matter, most notably the grass Echinochloa crus- ... as in case of the Greenland mallard which is larger than the mallards further south. Allen's Rule says that appendages like ... In one documented case of "homosexual necrophilia", a male mallard copulated with another male he was chasing after the chased ...
Adolf Eichmann; Bet ha-mishpaṭ ha-meḥozi; Miśrad ha-mishpaṭim (1992). The trial of Adolf Eichmann: record of proceedings in the ... To have coped with this and-except for cases of human weakness-to have remained decent, that has made us tough. This is an ... p. 6, paragraph #3. According to records, about 5,000 Jews died at that time.[7.2] See: Browning (1998), p. 12 - Weis and his ... After the end of World War II, surviving archival documents provided a clear record of the Final Solution policies and actions ...
America in the King Years
King: A Filmed Record... Montgomery to Memphis (1970 documentary). *Our Friend, Martin (1999 animated) ... The Dred Scott Case by Don E. Fehrenbacher (1979). 1980-1999. *Been in the Storm So Long by Leon Litwack (1980) ...
With early devices this indicated the case type. Suffixes may be used, with a letter (e.g. "C" often means high hFE, such as in ... Multiple-base transistor, used to amplify very-low-level signals in noisy environments such as the pickup of a record player or ... The ASEA Brown Boveri (ABB) 5SNA2400E170100 , intended for three-phase power supplies, houses three n-p-n IGBTs in a case ... 38th IAS annual Meeting on Conference Record of the Industry Applications Conference. Vol. 3 of 3. Salt Lake City. pp. 1810- ...
This is far beyond the recorded range of the species and it has been suggested that these animals may have migrated to that ... This has not always been the case, and at one time the latter was placed under a separate genus of its own, Gorgon. The ... The black wildebeest is particularly susceptible to anthrax, and rare and widely scattered outbreaks have been recorded and ... "Management of hybridization in an endemic species: decision making in the face of imperfect information in the case of the ...
Prince Andrew, Duke of York
"Judge orders Prince Andrew sex allegations struck from court record". the Guardian. Retrieved 19 April 2016.. ... "Prince Andrew sex claims case: Judge orders that allegations against Duke of York be thrown out". The Independent UK, 7 April ... "US lawyer takes legal action in Prince Andrew sex claim case", BBC News, 6 January 2015 ... "sex allegations made against Prince Andrew in court papers filed in Florida must be struck from the public record". ...
Genetics is the primary cause of acne in 80% of cases. The role of diet and cigarette smoking in the condition is unclear, ... Historical records indicate Pharaohs had acne, which may be the earliest known reference to the disease. Sulfur's usefulness as ... The term nodulocystic has been used in the medical literature to describe severe cases of inflammatory acne. True cysts are ... 25 cases (1994-96)". Veterinary Dermatology. 8 (3): 157-164. doi:10.1046/j.1365-3164.1997.d01-16.x. ISSN 1365-3164.. ...
US measles outbreak is largest since disease was declared eliminated in 2000 - CNN
Court sides with US in cell-tracking records case
The Justice Department does not have to turn over information on cases involving warrantless cellphone tracking if the cases ... Since the ACLU didnt challenge the Justice Departments authority to withhold information on sealed cases, the only cases at ... The Justice Department does not have to turn over information on cases involving warrantless cellphone tracking if the cases ... The ruling came in a public records lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union, which had requested information on ...
Blood case patients 'unable to get medical records' - Telegraph
... after being infected with HIV and hepatitis C from contaminated blood products are being denied access to their medical records ... In Britain, 150 haemophiliacs are involved in an American court case against firms that supplied the blood products in the ... after being infected with HIV and hepatitis C from contaminated blood products are being denied access to their medical records ...
Case record...Aicardi syndrome
... downloadable case records in PDF formatquot; Also to view a list of the previously published case records follow the ... Case record...Vertebral hemangioma ... by Professor Yasser ... 5175 views * Short case...Occipital lobe cavernoma by Professor ... Short case...Postinfectious cerebel... by Professor Yasser ... 3168 views * Case record...Spinal multiple scler... by Professor ... Case record...Aicardi syndrome * 1. CASE OF THE WEEK PROFESSOR YASSER METWALLY CLINICAL PICTURE CLINICAL PICTURE: 11 years old ...
BuCor records first virus case | Philstar.com
The Bureau of Corrections yesterday recorded its first coronavirus disease 2019 case, a 72-year-old inmate at the Correctional ... MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Corrections yesterday recorded its first coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) case, a 72- ... There are still no COVID-19 cases in the BuCors six other penal colonies. On Friday, Chaclag said the BuCor has "enough and ...
NZ records first local COVID case in 102 days | Reuters Video
... after four new cases of COVID-19 were discovered in the city, the first evidence of domestic transmission after being ... NZ records first local COVID case in 102 days. Posted New Zealand announced on Tuesday it was shutting down its largest city, ... Auckland, after four new cases of COVID-19 were discovered in the city, the first evidence of domestic transmission after being ...
Poland reports record in daily coronavirus cases | Reuters
... with 21,897 new cases, while the country faces massive protests following an abortion ruling last week. ... Poland reported a record number of coronavirus infections for the fifth consecutive day on Saturday, ... The ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party has warned that the protests will lead to big jump in new coronavirus cases. But some ... Hospitals face shortages, in some cases turning patients away and local media reports show that the country is running out of ...
U.S. records one new case in measles outbreak - Reuters
One new case of measles was reported this weekend in the United States, with the country suffering its worst outbreak of the ... 3, the country had recorded 1,250 cases of measles this year from across 31 states. ... The measles case was confirmed on Saturday in an unvaccinated resident of the southeastern U.S. state of Georgia, according to ... Reuters) - One new case of measles was reported this weekend in the United States, with the country suffering its worst ...
Bay Area records 4th case of measles
... Share this:. *Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) ... Alameda County has recorded one case and Contra Costa County has had two, including one which resulted in a UC Berkeley student ... the number of measles cases in California has fluctuated between four and 40 cases in a year. Cases since then originate ... More than half of the statewide cases were patients who had not been vaccinated. Although the recommended MMR vaccine is 99 ...
Coronavirus in numbers: 14,876 new cases recorded
... there had been a further 14,876 lab-confirmed Covid-19 cases in the UK, the Government said. It added that a further 11 people ... As of 9am on Sunday, there had been a further 14,876 lab-confirmed Covid-19 cases in the UK, the Government said. It added that ... Already regarded as one of the sports all-time greats, Biles arrived in Tokyo targeting a record haul. The American currently ... Breakthrough virus cases are extremely rare - heres what its like to be one of them. ...
Mexico posts record 7,280 new coronavirus cases
Mexico on Thursday posted a fresh record for new coronavirus cases reported on a single day, with 7,280 cases, bringing its ... Mexicos previous one-day record was posted a day earlier on Wednesday, when 6,995 new cases were registered. ... The country also recorded 730 additional fatalities, bringing its overall death toll to 33,526. ...
CNMI school records TB case | Radio New Zealand News
An active case of tuberculosis at the largest high school of the Northern Marianas has prompted health providers to test ... CNMI school records TB case. 1:27 pm on 25 April 2016 ... An active case of tuberculosis at the largest high school of ... In the CNMI, there are about 20 cases.. In 2015, the prevalence rate of TB was brought down to 30 cases a year from a rate of ... State epidemiologist Dr Paul White confirmed that theres an active case of tuberculosis in the school and that the individual ...
Chinmayanand case: SIT records law student's statement before magistrate
... the woman had alleged that the Shahjahanpur police were not registering a rape case against the BJP leader. ... Sushant Rajput death case: NIA, ED must probe matter, Centre should intervene, says BJP MP. Ani ... He added that they had also given a few video clips to the Special Investigation Team in support of the case filed by ... Last week, the woman had alleged that the Shahjahanpur police were not registering a rape case against the BJP leader. She has ...
Medical records ruling in Curt Johnson case coming soon - Milwaukee - Milwaukee Business Journal
Coronavirus: California shatters another record for daily cases
... * Evan Webeck. * PUBLISHED: June 30, 2020 at 8:20 a.m.. , ... For the second time in the past week, California on Monday blew its previous daily COVID-19 case record out of the water, and ... Cases. Both rates, however, pale in comparison to other states where cases are spiking. In Florida, 15.6% of tests were coming ... Contra Costa County reported 169 new cases - its most yet - while Santa Clara added another 103. Cases in Solano and Contra ...
Coronavirus Japan: Tokyo cases hit daily record high
... marking a new daily record in Japans capital.It was not necessary to reintroduce a state of emergency despite the record rise ... Tokyo has reported 224 new cases of coronavirus, marking a new daily record in Japans capital. ... FRANCE 24 looks at the tournaments new records, key stats and fun facts - so far. Ravenous RonaldoPlaying in his record fifth ... The record one-day total of 224 surpassed the previous high of 206 on 17 April, when the capital and other major cities were ...
California sets record for daily coronavirus cases - Los Angeles Times
California cases are on pace to double every 24.8 days, a number that is used by experts to measure how quickly the virus is ... California sets record for most coronavirus cases in a single day Cars line up for drive-through coronavirus testing at Dodger ... San Francisco County had reported 4,020 recorded cases of the coronavirus and 50 deaths as of Wednesday morning. ... California cases are on pace to double every 24.8 days, a number that is used by experts to measure how quickly the virus is ...
U.S. Cases Reach New Record - The New York Times
More than 48,000 coronavirus cases were announced across the country and eight states announced single-day highs. Europe opens ... U.S. Cases Reach New Record. More than 48,000 coronavirus cases were announced across the country and eight states announced ... U.S. hits another record for new cases, as Fauci warns that a resurgence in the South and West puts the entire country at risk ... U.S. hits another record for new cases, as Fauci warns that a resurgence in the South and West puts the entire country at risk ...
Record measles outbreak in Europe reaches 41,000 cases | New Scientist
The failure of parents to vaccinate their children has contributed to the biggest surge in measles cases Europe has seen in a ... already nearly twice the 23,927 cases recorded in the whole of 2016. ... Across the 53 countries in the region, there have been at least 37 deaths and more than 41,000 cases in the first half of this ... THE failure of parents to vaccinate their children has contributed to the biggest surge in measles cases Europe has seen in a ...
Georgia attorney general: Northside Hospital arguments in open records case are flawed
... ... Attorney General Christopher Carr argued in a brief filed Monday in the Northside Hospital open records case before the Georgia ... The case is being closely watched by news media, health care executives and advocates for open government from across Georgia. ... But Carr did say that the Georgia Supreme Court should reverse the ruling in the case by the Georgia Court of Appeals, saying ...
U.S. Reports Record Rise in New Coronavirus Cases
... as health officials around the country reported a total of 36,880 new cases on Wednesday. ... The United States recorded its worst day of new coronavirus infections since the pandemic began, ... COVID-19 infections in the United States had been slowing since the previous record of 36,739 cases back on April 24, but case ... home/coronavirus (covid-19) center/ coronavirus a-z list/ u.s. reports record rise in new coronavirus cases article ...
WHO reports record 230K global coronavirus cases | Reuters Video
... a new record. This report produced by Chris Dignam. ... reported an increase of 230,370 global coronavirus cases on ... WHO reports record 230K global coronavirus cases. Posted The World Health Organization reported an increase of 230,370 global ... coronavirus cases on Sunday, a new record. This report produced by Chris Dignam. ...
Japan breaks daily record for coronavirus cases - UPI.com
... reporting more than 1,000 cases as the country relaxed restrictions on travel amid a four-day weekend. ... Japan shattered its daily record for coronavirus infections, ... Japan breaks daily record for coronavirus cases. By Elizabeth ... July 29 (UPI) -- Japan shattered its daily record for coronavirus infections, reporting more than 1,000 cases as the country ... The Japanese capital reported 250 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, a day after reporting about 200 cases, according to the ...
Calif. Hospital System Settles Celeb Records Cases | Fox News
Years after hospital employees were accused of snooping into the medical records of celebrity patients, UCLA Health System ... Hospital System Settles Celeb Records Cases. Published July 08, 2011. Associated Press ... Arnold Schwarzenegger signed the legislation into law after his wife Maria Shriver had her records breached at UCLA Medical ... Years after hospital employees were accused of snooping into the medical records of celebrity patients, UCLA Health System ...
Georgia records nearly 850 coronavirus deaths; cases surpass 21K
Only two counties, Glascock and Taliaferro, have not recorded their first case, according to the DPH. The remaining 157 ... Patients between the ages of 18 and 59 make up the majority of cases at 62%, while those 60 and older make up 33% of cases. The ... COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in all but two Georgia counties, Glascock and Taliaferro. More than 100 have reported a ... Georgia recorded 10 new coronavirus-related deaths since noon, bringing the states toll to 846, according to the Georgia ...
Measles cases reach record high in Europe
... with more cases recorded in the first six months of 2018 than any other 12-month period this decade, according to the World ... Cases of measles have reached a record high in Europe this year, ... CNN) - Cases of measles have reached a record high in Europe ... Measles cases reach record high in Europe. More than 41,000 cases through June. By RORY SMITH, CNN ... Last year was a record high for measles cases, with 23,927 people becoming infected in Europe that year, but numbers this year ...
Countries worldwide hit new records for virus cases, deaths - ABC News
Nations around the world are setting new records for COVID-19 deaths and coronavirus infections, and the disease is surging ... Countries worldwide hit new records for virus cases, deaths. Nations around the world are setting new records for COVID-19 ... India hit a peak of almost 127,000 new cases in 24 hours, and Iran set a new coronavirus infection record for the third ... In Massachusetts, where the seven-day rolling average of daily new cases has risen to over 2,100 new cases per day, the ...
Record breaking COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Florida. [Video]
Polio eradication target at risk as new cases recorded in Africa
2017 was the first year when there were more vaccine-derived cases than wild cases - 96 cases versus 22. ... So far this year there have been 16 cases of polio caused by VDPV in Nigeria, 15 in both Democratic Republic of Congo and Papua ... The eradication of wild poliovirus is tantalisingly close - with just 19 cases of the disease so far this year in just two ... The numbers have fallen dramatically over the last 30 years - from nearly half a million cases a year in the early 1980s. ...
The Case Of The Vanishing Records | AMERICAN HERITAGE
Most of the films made by Laureue Taylor and Jeanne Eagels have been lost and with them the record of two of the most famous ... These are all warnings of an astonishing fact : at a time when we pride ourselves on the volume of the record we are leaving to ... In reviewing the damage done to the record of the past decades by acidic paper and nitrate film, it is only reasonable to point ... It is possible to argue, finally, that there are many things recorded on both paper and film which are not worth saving. But ...
Surging COVID-19 casesCOVIDPandemicIndiaOutbreakREUTERSInfectionsFatalitiesTallyCalifornia2019HospitalizationsFloridaWorld Health OrganState'sSpike20171,000 casesRecoveries10,000DailyMeasles this yearOfficialsCountry's23,927OutbreaksTotalInfectionCountryHighYearVirusSurgeLakh2016HealthPeopleVictoriaHospitalsIncreaseLast week'sSearchState23,000 casesRiseNews20,000 confirmedVariant first detectedCoronavirus variantPrevious100,000 residentsEbolaSingle day
Surging COVID-19 cases1
- The government decided to close cemeteries on All Saints Day on Sunday, as well as on Saturday and Monday, due to surging COVID-19 cases. (reuters.com)
- MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Corrections yesterday recorded its first coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) case, a 72-year-old inmate at the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW). (philstar.com)
- There are still no COVID-19 cases in the BuCor's six other penal colonies. (philstar.com)
- New Zealand announced on Tuesday it was shutting down its largest city, Auckland, after four new cases of COVID-19 were discovered in the city, the first evidence of domestic transmission after being coronavirus-free for 102 days. (reuters.com)
- As of 9am on Sunday, there had been a further 14,876 lab-confirmed Covid-19 cases in the UK, the Government said. (yahoo.com)
- For the second time in the past week, California on Monday blew its previous daily COVID-19 case record out of the water, and practically across the Pacific. (mercurynews.com)
- The alarming increases in cases, positivity rates and hospitalizations signals that we, as a community, need to take immediate action to slow the spread of COVID-19," Dr. Barbara Ferrer, the Los Angeles County public health director, said in a statement. (mercurynews.com)
- Positive cases of Covid-19 in Tokyo have increased in recent weeks as health authorities increased targeted testing among workers in the city's night-life districts. (yahoo.com)
- COVID-19 infections in the United States had been slowing since the previous record of 36,739 cases back on April 24, but case counts have roared back in recent weeks, The New York Times reported. (medicinenet.com)
- Japan's COVID-19 cases have been climbing in July after the country lifted countermeasures in May. (upi.com)
- Japan's confirmed cases of COVID-19 reached a total of 33,959, including the patients who were on board The Diamond Princess in Yokohama in February, NHK reported Wednesday. (upi.com)
- The Japanese capital reported 250 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, a day after reporting about 200 cases, according to the report. (upi.com)
- Japan's COVID-19 outbreak stabilized after the country declared a state of emergency on April 11, the same day the country confirmed 720 cases, a record at the time. (upi.com)
- In addition, 362 new cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in that time frame, bringing the state's count to 21,102. (ajc.com)
- Ambulances filled with breathless patients lined up in Brazil as nations around the world set new records Thursday for COVID-19 deaths and new coronavirus infections. (go.com)
- Michigan also has the highest number of new cases per capita, with 1 of every 203 state residents getting diagnosed with COVID-19 between March 31 and April 7, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. (go.com)
- Record breaking COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Florida. (yahoo.com)
- Re: Ghana records first coronavirus death case The only thing Nana is fighting is the new voters not covid-19. (ghanaweb.com)
- The US has seen more than 52,000 new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, a tally by Johns Hopkins University showed, a new one-day record as infections surge around the country. (rte.ie)
- Texas, which again broke its daily Covid-19 record with over 8,000 new cases, joined Florida and California in closing some beaches for the upcoming 4 July holiday weekend. (rte.ie)
- On Wednesday, Arizona reported 1,827 new cases, bringing the total count to 40,924 confirmed cases of COVID-19. (newsweek.com)
- On Tuesday, Maricopa County surpassed 20,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19. (newsweek.com)
- For the second time in less than a week, Wisconsin set a record for newly confirmed COVID-19 cases, and tests continue to come back positive at rates previously unseen in the state. (jsonline.com)
- As of Wednesday afternoon, Wisconsin hospitals reported 302 inpatients with confirmed cases of COVID-19. (jsonline.com)
- Federal health authorities have warned that community transmission poses a bigger concern to Victoria's control of its COVID-19 outbreaks than aged care home clusters, as the state announced a record-breaking 723 new cases and 13 deaths on Thursday. (afr.com)
- LONDON, June 17 (Reuters) - The EU drug regulator said on Thursday it has received reports of 415 possible cases of rare blood clotting with a low platelet count in the European Economic Area, out of more than 50 million people who have received AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines. (yahoo.com)
- MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia has recorded its first cases of the variant of COVID-19 first found in India, Kommersant newspaper reported on Thursday, citing authorities in the Ulyanovsk region. (thestar.com.my)
- India is in deep crisis in the current wave of COVID-19 infections with around 350,000 cases and 4,000 deaths being reported daily. (thestar.com.my)
- Ghana as at yesterday recorded 496 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases, from 10 out of the 16 regions the Ghana Health Service (GHS) has said. (allafrica.com)
- This brings the number of COVID-19 cases to 18,630 from the previous figure of 18,237. (allafrica.com)
- Kolkata, May 20 (PTI) West Bengal's Covid-19 death toll rose to 13,895 on Thursday after record 162 fatalities were reported, the health department said in a bulletin. (yahoo.com)
- New Delhi, June 16 (PTI) A single day rise of 62,224 new coronavirus infections were reported taking India's total tally of COVID-19 cases to 2,96,33,105, while the active cases were recorded below nine lakh after 70 days, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Wednesday. (yahoo.com)
- KYIV (Reuters) -Ukraine has approved China's Sinovac vaccine to fight the coronavirus pandemic, the health ministry said on Saturday, after the country recorded a record rise in new COVID-19 cases for the second day in a row. (yahoo.com)
- Florida has reported a record increase of more than 15,000 new cases of COVID-19 in 24 hours, a day after Walt Disney World in Orlando reopened and anti-mask activists held a rally nearby. (perthnow.com.au)
- Nasarawa state has recorded its first confirmed case of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. (sunnewsonline.com)
- It is sad for me to announce that Nasarawa State has its first case of COVID-19," he said. (sunnewsonline.com)
- The day after the county reported a record number of hospitalizations, Ferrer said, "We now see a 3 day average of over 2,000 people hospitalized from COVID-19, more than at any other time since the pandemic began. (deadline.com)
- California now has 347,634 confirmed cases of COVID-19. (deadline.com)
- The total number of global Covid-19 cases has topped 47.3 million, while the deaths have surged to over 1,211,990, as per the Johns Hopkins University. (livemint.com)
- COVID -19 cases reported in India in a span of 24 hours remained below 55,000 for the third consecutive day, while new fatalities recorded in a day dropped to 578 after almost three months, according to the Union Health Ministry's data updated on Sunday. (dailypioneer.com)
- North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alaska, Missouri, Idaho and Alabama all registered new daily highs in cases of COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus. (thestar.com.my)
- There were 294,237 new Covid-19 cases reported to the World Health Organization in the last 24 hours, according to a situation report published Saturday. (cnn.com)
- The previous record was set July 31 when 292,527 new cases of Covid-19 were reported. (cnn.com)
- The county also recorded 10 new COVID-19 deaths. (dallasnews.com)
- The numbers of hospitalizations, intensive-care admissions and emergency room visits for suspected cases of COVID-19 remains flat in Dallas County, officials said. (dallasnews.com)
- The county on Friday reported 122 new coronavirus cases and one COVID-19 death - a Fort Worth man in his 50s. (dallasnews.com)
- The county has now reported totals of 5,985 coronavirus cases, 174 confirmed COVID-19 deaths and 2,158 recoveries from the virus. (dallasnews.com)
- The county reported 13 new coronavirus cases, one COVID-19 death - a Prosper man in his 60s - and one new recovery from the virus. (dallasnews.com)
- NEW DELHI - India recorded the world's highest daily tally of 314,835 COVID-19 infections on Thursday as a second wave of the pandemic raised new fears about the ability of crumbling health services to cope. (inquirer.net)
- Riverside County set yet another record for the biggest one-day jump in new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as well as COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to the Wednesday, July 1, update on the county public health website . (pe.com)
- ERNAKULAM: Kerala confirmed 42 fresh covid-19 cases on Friday, its biggest single-day spike yet, signalling acceleration in the pandemic once again in one of the few states which had managed to flatten the curve. (livemint.com)
- RIYADH: Saudi Arabia recorded 13 new COVID-19 related deaths on Wednesday, raising the total number of fatalities to 7,111. (arabnews.com)
- India recorded 314,835 new daily Covid-19 cases on April 22 and some hospitals have issued notices to say they have only a few hours of medical oxygen required to keep Covid-19 patients alive. (irishtimes.com)
- With 1.1 million infections and 18,562 deaths, the Philippines has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases and casualties in Southeast Asia, next to Indonesia. (bworldonline.com)
- Daily new cases of COVID-19 in the country climbed to over 13,000 after 19 days taking India's tally of cases to 1,09,63,394, while the recoveries surged to 1,06,67,741, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Friday. (financialexpress.com)
- Daily new cases of COVID-19 in the country climbed to over 13,000 after 19 days taking India's tally of cases to 1,09,63,394, with experts attributing the rise to increased economic activity and complacency among people. (financialexpress.com)
- The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 1,06,67,741 which translates to a national COVID-19 recovery rate of 97.30 per cent and the case fatality rate stands at 1.42 per cent. (financialexpress.com)
- The total COVID-19 active cases remained below 1.5 lakh. (financialexpress.com)
- Conflict-affected communities in north-east Nigeria are increasingly vulnerable to the COVID-19 pandemic as cases begin to be reported in Borno State. (un.org)
- On 18 April, the first case of COVID-19 was confirmed in Borno State, the epicentre of a humanitarian crisis that has forced over 1.8 million people to leave their homes. (un.org)
- The coronavirus outbreak continued to worsen in California this week, with 9,500 infections recorded on Tuesday - the most new cases reported in a single day since the pandemic began - and triple-digit fatalities that sent the statewide death toll past 6,500. (latimes.com)
- More than 48,000 coronavirus cases were announced across the United States on Tuesday, the most of any day of the pandemic. (nytimes.com)
- The United States recorded its worst day of new coronavirus infections since the pandemic began, as health officials around the country reported a total of 36,880 new cases on Wednesday. (medicinenet.com)
- It is very difficult to take the sting out of this pandemic unless we are able to successfully isolate cases and quarantine contacts,' said Dr. Michael Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies program. (medicinenet.com)
- This chart shows the rolling seven-day average for new cases during the coronavirus pandemic in Georgia. (ajc.com)
- In Thailand, which has reported only 95 deaths during the pandemic, health officials reported the country's first local cases of the coronavirus variant first detected in Britain. (go.com)
- The Baltimore-based university's tracker showed 52,898 more, bringing the total number of cases since the pandemic reached the US to 2,682,270. (rte.ie)
- The 723 new cases marked the biggest single-day increase in Australia during the pandemic, outstripping Monday's record of 532 cases in Victoria and 549 nationally. (afr.com)
- Utah reported 2,110 new coronavirus cases Wednesday, the second-highest increase since the pandemic began - and record hospitalizations for the fourth day in a row. (sltrib.com)
- Brazil has now registered more than 2.5 million confirmed cases of the virus and 90,134 deaths since the pandemic began, according to ministry data. (yahoo.com)
- Florida's daily increases in cases have already surpassed the highest daily tally reported by any European country during the height of the pandemic there. (perthnow.com.au)
- That's the second-highest total of new cases since the pandemic began, eclipsed only by the 11,694 new cases reported last Tuesday . (deadline.com)
- President Donald Trump finally yielded to pressure and wore a face mask in public for the first time on Saturday as the US posted another daily record for coronavirus cases, while Disney World reopened in a state hit hard by the pandemic. (gulf-times.com)
- Trump, whose handling of the pandemic has come under harsh criticism from Democrats and some Republicans, has repeatedly sought to dismiss the jump in cases as a function of more tests and again this week predicted the virus would "disappear. (thestar.com.my)
- The county has recorded a total of 11,541 coronavirus cases during the pandemic. (dallasnews.com)
- Premier Daniel Andrews on Thursday morning confirmed a further 723 new cases of coronavirus and 13 deaths, Australia's highest daily totals since the pandemic started. (abc.net.au)
- India hit a peak of almost 127,000 new cases in 24 hours, and Iran set a new coronavirus infection record for the third straight day, reporting nearly 22,600 new cases. (go.com)
- India recorded over 22,752 new cases and 482 deaths in the last 24 hours, pushing the total tally to 7,42,417 with 20,642 deaths, Health Ministry's data revealed on Wednesday. (outlookindia.com)
- If Florida were a country, it would rank fourth in the world for the most new coronavirus cases in a day behind the US, Brazil and India. (perthnow.com.au)
- India on Wednesday reported 46,254 new cases of the novel coronavirus , pushing the nation's tally to 83,13,877, said the Union Health Ministry. (livemint.com)
- Health experts say India let its guard down during the winter, when daily cases were about 10,000 and seemed to be under control, and lifted restrictions to allow big gatherings. (inquirer.net)
- India reported a record daily jump of 97,894 coronavirus infections in 24 hours, taking its tally past the 51-lakh mark, the Health Ministry data this morning showed. (ndtv.com)
- MANILA - The Philippines has detected its first two cases of a coronavirus variant first identified in India, its health ministry said on Tuesday. (bworldonline.com)
- Reuters) - One new case of measles was reported this weekend in the United States, with the country suffering its worst outbreak of the highly contagious and sometimes deadly disease in close-to three decades. (reuters.com)
- The Philippines has reported about 1,700 cases during a current outbreak, said Sara Cody, Santa Clara County health officer. (mercurynews.com)
- While data is the backbone of this response, containing the outbreak depends on four core interventions: readily available testing, comprehensive contact tracing, timely isolation of known cases and quarantine to break the transmission. (nytimes.com)
- The findings support a scenario where more than 8.7 million new SARS -CoV-2 infections appeared in the U.S. during March and estimate that more than 80% of these cases remained unidentified as the outbreak rapidly spread,' said Justin Silverman, of Penn State University, and colleagues, CNN reported. (medicinenet.com)
- At the start of the outbreak, only the most vulnerable and those with severe cases were referred for testing. (ajc.com)
- But he added: "The first vaccine-derived outbreak was recognised in 2000 and since that time there have been about 30 outbreaks and nearly 1,000 cases. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The day before, the state reported 2,392 new cases, a record single-day high since the outbreak began. (newsweek.com)
- Reuters) - The United States recorded 11 measles cases over a month as of Nov. 7, taking the total cases for the year to 1,261 in the worst outbreak since 1992, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday. (reuters.com)
- Florida has also broken the state of New York's record of 12,847 new cases on April 10 when it was the epicentre of the US outbreak. (perthnow.com.au)
- JOHANNESBURG - The World Health Organization on Sunday reported another record increase in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases over a 24-hour period, at over 230,000, as the United States grappled with the worst coronavirus outbreak in the world. (courant.com)
- The United States recorded 22 new measles cases last week, bringing the year's total number of cases to 1,044 in the worst outbreak of the disease since 1992, federal health officials said on Monday. (nasdaq.com)
- The 2019 outbreak, which has spread to 28 states, is the worst since 1992, when 2,126 cases were recorded. (nasdaq.com)
- The United States recorded 71 new measles cases last week, a 13 percent increase as the country faces its second-worst outbreak of the disease in almost two decades, federal health officials said on Monday. (gulf-times.com)
- The current outbreak will likely surpass the 2014 outbreak in number of cases, the CDC said on Monday. (gulf-times.com)
- That's more than the 667 cases reported in 2014, when one large outbreak, primarily among unvaccinated people in Amish communities in Ohio, accounted for more than half of the total that year. (washingtonpost.com)
- The CDC defines an outbreak as three or more cases. (washingtonpost.com)
- Florida's 10,109 cases on Thursday set a record for the state and was more than any European country's daily peak at the height of the outbreak there. (thestar.com.my)
- According to him, out of the 507 suspected cases reported, 56 were positive while 162 specimen were collected, adding that they had outbreak of measles disease in 12 local government areas in the state this year. (thisdaylive.com)
- GOMA, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO - Democratic Republic of Congo registered a one-day record of 27 new confirmed Ebola cases on Sunday, raising last week's number of cases to 126, the biggest since the current outbreak was declared last August, the health ministry said. (voanews.com)
- Hardest hit by the latest outbreak have been children between 10 and 18, accounting for more than half of all cases in the county. (kpbs.org)
- WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland reported a record number of coronavirus infections for the fifth consecutive day on Saturday, with 21,897 new cases, while the country faces massive protests following an abortion ruling last week. (reuters.com)
- MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico on Thursday posted a fresh record for new coronavirus cases reported on a single day, with 7,280 cases, bringing its overall tally of infections to 282,283, health ministry data showed. (yahoo.com)
- RIO DE JANEIRO/BRASILIA, July 29 (Reuters) - Brazil set a daily record on Wednesday for both confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus and related deaths, with 69,074 new cases and 1,595 fatalities, Health Ministry data showed. (yahoo.com)
- Coronavirus infections are rising in about 40 states, according to a Reuters analysis of cases for the past two weeks compared with the prior two weeks. (perthnow.com.au)
- Nationally, the US has broken global records by registering about 60,000 new cases a day for the last four days in a row, according to a Reuters tally. (perthnow.com.au)
- MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico on Wednesday posted a fresh record for new coronavirus cases reported on a single day, with 6,995 infections, overtaking Spain to register the world's eighth highest case count, according to a Reuters tally. (reuters.com)
- Reuters) - Alabama and six other U.S. states reported record increases in coronavirus cases on Friday as Florida's most populous county imposed a curfew ahead of the Independence Day weekend and Arkansas joined a push toward mandating mask-wearing in public. (thestar.com.my)
- Infections in the night-life district are still making up a certain number of cases, but we've recently also seen an increase in cases among young people dining together. (yahoo.com)
- A day earlier, officials reported 4,015 new cases, the highest number of infections the county has reported in a single day. (latimes.com)
- The record comes as Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, testified before Congress on Tuesday that the rate of new coronavirus infections could more than double to 100,000 a day if current outbreaks were not contained. (nytimes.com)
- July 29 (UPI) -- Japan shattered its daily record for coronavirus infections, reporting more than 1,000 cases as the country relaxed restrictions on travel amid a four-day weekend. (upi.com)
- The 1,002 new cases confirmed as of 5:30 p.m. local time Wednesday include infections in Tokyo. (upi.com)
- In Osaka, Japan's second-largest city, authorities say they have confirmed 220 new cases of the coronavirus, breaking the city's record for infections. (upi.com)
- Six other countries in the region -- Italy, Greece, Georgia, Russia, Serbia and France -- have recorded more than 1,000 infections in adults and children in 2018. (click2houston.com)
- New daily case numbers have hovered around 40,000 in recent days, with Johns Hopkins recording 42,528 new infections one day earlier. (rte.ie)
- Ukraine recorded a record increase of 20,341 new infections over the preceding 24 hours, Health Minister Maksym Stepanov said on Saturday. (yahoo.com)
- MELBOURNE - The city of Tokyo announced a record 366 new daily coronavirus cases on Thursday, exceeding 300 for the first time as Japan begins a four-day weekend with many people joining a tourism promotion campaign that the government is pushing despite concerns of a new wave of infections nationwide. (click2houston.com)
- Until recently, officials have said most cases were limited to younger people linked to nightlife entertainment districts, but experts at a Tokyo task force meeting on Wednesday said infections have spread to older people and to regular homes, workplaces and restaurants. (click2houston.com)
- Hong Kong's daily coronavirus cases hit a record high of 118 on Thursday in a renewed wave of infections that has hit the city since the beginning of the month. (click2houston.com)
- Florida has posted record levels of coronavirus infections five times in the last 10 days. (perthnow.com.au)
- The figures pushed Mexico's overall tally of infections to 275,003 cases. (reuters.com)
- It is the tenth straight day that infections numbered fewer than 50,000, as cases have dipped from a September peak, but experts warn the current season of festivals could lead to another spike. (livemint.com)
- On Tuesday, the country recorded 38,310 new infections and 490 new deaths. (livemint.com)
- The country posted yet another daily record of confirmed cases on Saturday night, with 66,528 new infections, while the death toll rose by almost 800 to nearly 135,000. (gulf-times.com)
- In Florida, where nearly one in six of those new infections were recorded, the Walt Disney World theme park partially reopened after four months of shutdown prompted by the virus. (gulf-times.com)
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu admitted a decision to allow bars and other businesses to reopen may have come 'too soon' after his country reported a record 1,500 new infections on Friday. (gulf-times.com)
- Schools in the city will be closed from Monday after the city recorded 'exponential growth' in locally transmitted infections. (gulf-times.com)
- The Tema General Hospital within the Tema Metropolis of the Greater Accra Region records an average of 18 new cases of HIV infections weekly, MyNewsGh.com reports. (ghanaweb.com)
- The new infections are up from 278 cases recorded on Thursday, but well down on the 451 cases at the same time last week. (theepochtimes.com)
- There are 1,39,542 active cases of coronavirus infections in the country which comprises 1.27 per cent of the total caseload, the data stated. (financialexpress.com)
- Dr Katherine Russell, consultant in the Emerging Infections and Zoonoses team at PHE, said: 'It is important to emphasise that cases of babesiosis and TBE in England are rare and the risk of being infected remains very low. (pulsetoday.co.uk)
- The country also recorded 730 additional fatalities, bringing its overall death toll to 33,526. (yahoo.com)
- The university also recorded a further 706 fatalities, bringing the total death toll to 128,028. (rte.ie)
- Brazil has topped 60,000 deaths from the coronavirus after recording more than 1,000 fatalities over the last 24 hours, the health ministry said. (rte.ie)
- The South American country has suffered the largest number of daily deaths globally for the last week, and is the second worst affected nation in the world for both cases and fatalities after the US. (rte.ie)
- Collin County reported 160 more coronavirus cases Thursday and three new deaths, raising its total fatalities to 56. (dallasnews.com)
- Mexico on Wednesday also recorded 782 additional fatalities, bringing its overall death toll to 32,796, the world's fifth highest total. (reuters.com)
- The numbers come at the end of a record-breaking week as Florida reported 514 fatalities - an average of 73 per day. (courant.com)
- By Thursday, the U.S. coronavirus case count neared 2.4 million as the death toll neared 122,000, according to a Times tally. (medicinenet.com)
- With 2,008 new coronavirus cases and 50 deaths in the last 24 hours, the national capital recorded a total tally of 1,02,831 and 3,165 deaths. (outlookindia.com)
- The daily U.S. tally of cases stood at 53,483 late on Friday, below the previous day's record 55,405. (thestar.com.my)
- A highest single-day spike in newly detected cases of the infection with as many as 740 confirmations have been reported on Friday taking the national tally to 15,259. (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Since 2000, when the disease was declared eradicated in the United States, the number of measles cases in California has fluctuated between four and 40 cases in a year. (mercurynews.com)
- California cases are on pace to double every 24.8 days, a number that is used by experts to measure how quickly the virus is spreading. (latimes.com)
- More than 7,800 new cases were announced across California and more than 6,800 in Texas. (nytimes.com)
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom said his state logged more than 7,000 new cases on Wednesday. (medicinenet.com)
- In 2008, California Department of Public Health officials announced results of their own investigation into the privacy breaches and found that UCLA hospital workers inappropriately accessed records of 1,041 patients since 2003. (foxnews.com)
- Wells Fargo & Co. will pay $8.5 million to settle allegations from California's attorney general that the bank improperly recorded telephone calls without informing California consumers. (wsj.com)
- Under California law, each party in a telephone conversation must be notified if a call is being recorded. (wsj.com)
- California had the previous record of daily positive cases - 11,694, set on Wednesday. (courant.com)
- Without fanfare - or one of Governor Gavin Newsom 's regular press conferences - California quietly posted the news that there were 11,126 new confirmed coronavirus cases reported on Wednesday. (deadline.com)
- The three state prisons in Riverside County have 425 active cases, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation . (pe.com)
- The epidemic extends across California , with 9,935 cases reported so far this year. (kpbs.org)
- There were at least 2,079 cases in 2019, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported.It's too early to say why the numbers grew last year. (necn.com)
- The World Health Organization reported last week that global cases had risen nearly four-fold in the first quarter of 2019 to 112,163 compared with the same period last year. (gulf-times.com)
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recently reported that the U.S. has seen 1,172 measles cases so far in 2019. (bigthink.com)
- In 2000, health officials said measles was eliminated in the U.S. But in 2019, the nation has already recorded at least 1,172 cases of the virus - the most in a single year since 1992. (bigthink.com)
- Although the positive test rate, total cases and hospitalizations continue to rise, the state has yet to experience a spike in deaths. (mercurynews.com)
- On Wednesday, Gov. Gavin Newsom added Napa, Yolo and San Benito counties to the state's list of counties being monitored for their rising case counts and increased hospitalizations. (latimes.com)
- But as you've noted with us here this week, our cases are rising, the rate of infection is increasing and the number of hospitalizations are up," she said. (latimes.com)
- With 3,395 new coronavirus cases reported Saturday, Utah's rate of new diagnoses dropped slightly, but hospitalizations reached new records. (sltrib.com)
- Hospitalizations continued to rise Wednesday, with a record-high 382 Utah patients concurrently admitted, UDOH reported. (sltrib.com)
- And record one-week hospitalizations were reported in Salt Lake, Tooele, Weber and Morgan counties, as well as the Southwest Utah Health District. (sltrib.com)
- Health officials said Thursday that hospitalizations continue to rise, with a record 831 people hospitalized for the virus. (dallasnews.com)
- In Wednesday's report, health officials said emergency-room visits had increased by almost 200 - to 786 - and hospitalizations for the disease were at a record high of 771. (dallasnews.com)
- Cases and hospitalizations are setting records all around the country just as the holidays and winter approach, demonstrating the challenge that either President Donald Trump or former Vice President Joe Biden will face in the coming months. (ksat.com)
- Florida, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas reported their highest single-day totals on Wednesday, but case numbers have been rising in more than 20 states, the Times reported. (medicinenet.com)
- Robert Hawkes, Director of The Physicians Assistant Program at Florida Gulf Coast University discusses the increased positive test rate as well as the low death rate we are seeing across the state, as Florida reaches record breaking numbers. (yahoo.com)
- More than 15,000 coronavirus cases were recorded in 24 hours in Florida, a record for a US state. (perthnow.com.au)
- Florida hit a grim milestone Sunday, shattering the national record for a state's largest single-day increase in positive cases. (courant.com)
- In Florida, where parts of Walt Disney World reopened Saturday, 15,299 people tested positive, for a total of 269,811 cases, and 45 deaths were recorded, according to state Department of Health statistics reported Sunday. (courant.com)
- Florida imposed new restrictions on bars as it recorded 8,933 new cases, a nearly 80% increase. (wsj.com)
- Coronavirus cases are rising in 37 of the 50 U.S. states including Florida, which had 9,488 new cases on Friday, according to the state health department. (thestar.com.my)
World Health Organ8
- THE failure of parents to vaccinate their children has contributed to the biggest surge in measles cases Europe has seen in a decade, according to the World Health Organization. (newscientist.com)
- The climbing case counts prompted the World Health Organization to issue its own warning on Wednesday. (medicinenet.com)
- The World Health Organization reported an increase of 230,370 global coronavirus cases on Sunday, a new record. (reuters.com)
- (CNN) - Cases of measles have reached a record high in Europe this year, with more cases recorded in the first six months of 2018 than any other 12-month period this decade, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). (click2houston.com)
- The World Health Organization said the United States again topped the list among countries, with more than 66,000 cases. (courant.com)
- Nigeria has recoded over 1,640 suspected cases of Yellow fever with 41 confirmed cases according to the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Reference Laboratory in Dakar, Senegal, National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA) has said. (allafrica.com)
- BERLIN (AP) - The World Health Organization says the number of measles cases in Europe jumped sharply during the first six months of 2018 and at least 37 people have died. (pbs.org)
- The World Health Organization reports an increase in the number of Ebola cases. (voanews.com)
- The measles case was confirmed on Saturday in an unvaccinated resident of the southeastern U.S. state of Georgia, according to the state's health department. (reuters.com)
- While data on Monday can be inflated from reporting delays over the weekend - and this past weekend, some counties weren't able to access CalREDIE, the state's reporting system - the 8,184 new cases is 25% higher than any previous Monday. (mercurynews.com)
- The Georgia Supreme Court asked the Attorney General's office to file an opinion in the hotly-contested case that started when attorney E. Kendrick Smith requested documents from Northside under the state's sunshine law. (ajc.com)
- A previous decision by the Georgia Supreme Court determined that non-profit organizations running public hospitals are subject to state's Open Records Act. (ajc.com)
- Georgia recorded 10 new coronavirus-related deaths since noon, bringing the state's toll to 846, according to the Georgia Department of Public Health. (ajc.com)
- The state's seven-day average of new cases hit a record 1,004. (jsonline.com)
- While the Andrews government's focus for the past week has been getting the state's tragic aged care home outbreaks under control, Thursday's case numbers revealed a continued problem with community transmission. (afr.com)
- But, as of Tuesday, Utah County had nearly matched Salt Lake County, which reported the state's highest number of new cases per capita in the past week - and Utah County was again approaching case rates similar to those at its peak. (sltrib.com)
- Premier Daniel Andrews delivers a breakdown of the state's latest coronavirus cases and deaths. (abc.net.au)
- There was a giant spike in these cases in March, according to the study published June 22 in the journal Science Translational Medicine . (medicinenet.com)
- He told BBC Radio 4: 'What we have seen over the last several days is a spike in cases that are well beyond the worst spikes that we have seen. (rte.ie)
- Though he said he was "increasingly alarmed" by the spike in cases, Economy Minister Yasutoshi Nishimura defended the tourism campaign. (click2houston.com)
- With a spike of more than 5,134 cases in just one day, Maharashtra remains the worst hit state with cases reaching up to 2,11,987 and 9,250 casualties so far, of which 224 occurred in the last 24 hours. (outlookindia.com)
- A sliver of relief for the state is that majority of the spike in recent days is a result of imported cases. (livemint.com)
- 2017 was the first year when there were more vaccine-derived cases than wild cases - 96 cases versus 22. (telegraph.co.uk)
- He observed that the country has been experiencing sporadic outbreaks of Yellow Fever since September 12, 2017 when the first case was confirmed in a 7- year old child from Ifelodun LGA, Kwara State. (allafrica.com)
- Giuffre's case against Maxwell was settled in 2017 , but Giuffre had insisted many of the records should be made public. (wfuv.org)
- No fewer than 507 suspected cases of measles have been recorded in Bauchi State from January to October 2017. (thisdaylive.com)
- The previous highest annual total was 23,927 cases in 2017. (pbs.org)
- Dallas County has reported more than 1,000 cases every day this week, contributing to a total of 30,361 cases - or about 11.5 per 1,000 residents. (dallasnews.com)
- The county now has 16,700 total cases - about 7.9 per 1,000 residents - 259 deaths from the virus and 7,490 recoveries. (dallasnews.com)
- The county's totals are now 3,697 cases - about 4.2 for every 1,000 residents - 38 deaths and 1,322 recoveries. (dallasnews.com)
- Official recoveries - those who are no longer in isolation, show no symptoms and have had their public health cases closed - rose by 2.4% to 8,046 on Wednesday. (pe.com)
- County jails have 252 cases with 207 recoveries. (pe.com)
- Record-high two-week caseloads were reported within the past few days in Saratoga Springs, northern Orem, Salem, Spanish Fork, Springville, Mapleton, Payson - and the rural parts of southern Utah County, where sheriff's deputies recently shut down a Halloween party that claimed to have drawn 10,000 people . (sltrib.com)
- The agency said half - some 23,000 cases - this year occurred in Ukraine, where an insurgency backed by Russia has been fighting the government for four years in the east in a conflict that has killed over 10,000 people. (pbs.org)
- Tokyo has reported 224 new cases of coronavirus , marking a new daily record in Japan 's capital. (yahoo.com)
- In the United States, daily cases are increasing after an extended decline. (nytimes.com)
- South Korea reported 700 more cases, the highest daily jump since Jan. 5. (go.com)
- Data provided by the UN health agency for the seven days from 25 June to 1 July showed the highest number of new daily cases ever recorded came on 28 June, when over 189,500 new cases were registered worldwide. (rte.ie)
- Brazil is showing no signs of reducing either its number of daily cases or deaths. (rte.ie)
- The number of new daily coronavirus cases continues on an upward trend. (newsweek.com)
- The death toll of 13 - of which 10 were connected to aged care homes - also surpassed the previous daily record of 10. (afr.com)
- Authorities have reported relatively low numbers of community transmission cases this week of about 50 daily, but this number jumped on Thursday to 280. (afr.com)
- The Utah Department of Health on Saturday reported a seven-day average of 3,229 new positive test results per day - below Friday's record-high rate of 3,331, but far above the 2,200 new daily cases the state was averaging two weeks ago. (sltrib.com)
- The number of daily cases in Tokyo had fallen to just several in late May after the government ended a national state of emergency but have climbed steadily since late June, with the number tripling in the first three weeks of July. (click2houston.com)
- Three prefectures neighboring Tokyo - Kanagawa, Saitama and Chiba - also recorded record daily cases on Wednesday for a combined total of 170. (click2houston.com)
- Osaka also had a daily record of 121. (click2houston.com)
- Nationwide, Japan had 775 new confirmed cases Wednesday, the largest daily increase since 720 on April 11 during an earlier peak, for a national total of 27,029 cases. (click2houston.com)
- Daily new confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.S. have surged 45% over the past two weeks, to a record 7-day average of 86,352, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. (ksat.com)
Measles this year2
- As of Oct. 3, the country had recorded 1,250 cases of measles this year from across 31 states. (reuters.com)
- San Mateo County health officials are reporting the county's first case of measles this year, marking the fourth time the highly contagious viral infection has turned up in the Bay Area in less than two months. (mercurynews.com)
- State officials have already reported 15 cases statewide this year, compared to two this time last year. (mercurynews.com)
- In Los Angeles County , which has the highest number of coronavirus cases and the most deaths in the state, officials confirmed 65 new coronavirus-related deaths and 2,496 additional cases Wednesday. (latimes.com)
- Across the state, public health officials recorded 28 new deaths since Tuesday evening. (ajc.com)
- State health officials have verified an additional 574 cases of the new coronavirus and 18 more deaths Wednesday. (ajc.com)
- Dane County public health officials reported 456 new cases Thursday, more than twice the next-highest total they'd ever reported in a day (195). (jsonline.com)
- Among Utah's 98 "small areas," used by state officials to track health data, the highest case rates remain in the northern neighborhoods of Orem, where at least one in every 38 people has an active infection. (sltrib.com)
- The county had seen cases decline about a month ago, after officials there imposed a mask order in response to a massive increase in September. (sltrib.com)
- Maine reported a record number of Lyme disease cases last year, and the number could rise as data continues to trickle in, officials said Thursday. (necn.com)
- Elsewhere, French officials warned of rising cases in metropolitan France as the death toll there topped 30,000. (gulf-times.com)
- About a third of the new cases in Texas happened in hard-hit El Paso, where a top health officials said hospitals are at a "breaking point. (ksat.com)
- It was not necessary to reintroduce a state of emergency despite the record rise, the country's top government spokesperson said on Thursday. (yahoo.com)
- Australian authorities said they would slash by half the number of people allowed to return from overseas each day after a fresh surge in cases that saw a lockdown imposed on Melbourne, the country's second-largest city. (gulf-times.com)
- Lebanon has reported 397 new cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, the country's Public Health Ministry said Saturday. (cnn.com)
- Across the 53 countries in the region, there have been at least 37 deaths and more than 41,000 cases in the first half of this year, already nearly twice the 23,927 cases recorded in the whole of 2016. (newscientist.com)
- Last year was a record high for measles cases, with 23,927 people becoming infected in Europe that year, but numbers this year have already exceeded those figures. (click2houston.com)
- The evidence tells us that these cases are driven by many factors to include: increased testing, community transmission and outbreaks in the settings such as nursing homes and occupational settings. (nytimes.com)
- If the coverage dips below [95%] in certain regions, measles cases can spread and outbreaks can and are occurring,' said Dr. Pauline Paterson, co-director of the Vaccine Confidence team at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. (click2houston.com)
- So far this year there have been 16 cases of polio caused by VDPV in Nigeria, 15 in both Democratic Republic of Congo and Papua New Guinea, 12 in Somalia and three in Niger - all countries with poor infrastructure and whose ability to cope with outbreaks is poor. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The high number of cases this year is primarily the result of a few large outbreaks, the CDC said Wednesday. (washingtonpost.com)
- More than 75 percent of the cases this year are linked to outbreaks in New York and New York City. (bigthink.com)
- Health departments around the state reported 8,184 new positive tests Monday, shattering the previous record set last Monday and raising the total count to more than 222,000, according to data compiled by this news organization . (mercurynews.com)
- There are 45% more patients hospitalized in the 10 Bay Area counties than a week ago, but the the total number - 359 confirmed cases - is less than Los Angeles (1,783), Orange (485), San Bernardino (376), San Diego (373) or Riverside (367) counties individually. (mercurynews.com)
- The record one-day total of 224 surpassed the previous high of 206 on 17 April, when the capital and other major cities were under a state of emergency. (yahoo.com)
- In 2016 there was a yearly total of 5,273 cases of measles. (click2houston.com)
- Of the 723 new cases, 660 are still under investigation as to their source, bringing the total number of cases under investigation in the state to 3529. (afr.com)
- Obuasi, (ASH) June 14, GNA - A total of 96,371 cases of malaria were reported in health institutions in the Obuasi municipality last year. (modernghana.com)
- Mr Nti-Boateng said out of a total of 5,258 deliveries recorded in 2004, 36 per cent of the pregnant women were treated for malaria before delivery. (modernghana.com)
- The new highs are more than five times the total of new cases reported one month ago, on June 15. (deadline.com)
- There are 6,68,154 active cases in the country which comprise 8.50 per cent of the total caseload, the data stated. (dailypioneer.com)
- A total of 70,78,123 people have recuperated from the disease so far, pushing the national recovery rate to 90 per cent while the case fatality rate stands at 1.51 per cent. (dailypioneer.com)
- The total number of cases that have been reported to WHO from around the globe is now 21 million. (cnn.com)
- The county reported 42 new coronavirus cases Friday, lifting its total to 1,430. (dallasnews.com)
- Kerala has 732 total recorded cases, including Friday's figures, and 216 active patients. (livemint.com)
- Of the total number of cases, 9,268 remain active and 1,352 in critical condition. (arabnews.com)
- The total U.S. death toll is already more than 232,000, and total confirmed U.S. cases have surpassed 9 million. (ksat.com)
- A total of 13,193 new cases were registered in a span of 24 hours. (financialexpress.com)
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it had recorded 626 cases of the highly contagious and sometimes deadly disease in 22 states as of April 19, the highest rate of infection in five years. (gulf-times.com)
- The state ministry of health has ensured that in all the cases, we don't have a case of secondary infection, we have never recorded that in Gombe State," he said. (punchng.com)
- The previous record rise in cases was in the United States, which had 297,430 new cases on one day in January, though its infection rate has since fallen sharply. (inquirer.net)
- Hepatitis fits the description because 95 percent of infected individuals worldwide are unaware of their infection and in most cases people are asymptomatic. (arabnews.com)
- As of today, the country has witnessed 15,259 cases of the coronavirus infection while 6,143 people have been discharged from hospitals. (thehimalayantimes.com)
- We're alarmed over the sudden big increase of HIV infection cases since December 2009," Cabral said. (health.am)
- Hospitals face shortages, in some cases turning patients away and local media reports show that the country is running out of respirators. (reuters.com)
- More than 48,000 coronavirus cases were announced across the country and eight states announced single-day highs. (nytimes.com)
- U.S. hits another record for new cases, as Fauci warns that a resurgence in the South and West 'puts the entire country at risk. (nytimes.com)
- With more than 46,000 new cases, the country of 212 million now has 1.44 million people infected, although analysts believe the true figure is much higher. (rte.ie)
- Deputy Prime Minister Tatiana Golikova had previously said the country had not recorded any cases of the variant. (thestar.com.my)
- On Tuesday, the central government cited a World Health Organisation (WHO) situation report and claimed the country had one of the lowest coronavirus deaths and cases per million population. (outlookindia.com)
- America is the worst-hit country with the globe's highest number of virus cases and deaths at 9,376,293 and 232,529. (livemint.com)
- There are more than 5.2 million cases and 167,000 deaths in the country. (cnn.com)
- The number of cases in the country now stand at 51,18,253. (ndtv.com)
- The active cases in the country have crossed 10-lakh mark, the data showed. (ndtv.com)
- According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, 981 cases have been confirmed across the country as of 24 April. (un.org)
- Bad Case of the Blues" is a song by American country music artist Linda Martell. (wikipedia.org)
- An active case of tuberculosis at the largest high school of the Northern Marianas has prompted health providers to test students and teachers to find out if others are infected. (radionz.co.nz)
- Texas experienced a single-day high of new cases on Tuesday. (nytimes.com)
- Statewide, the portion of Thursday's newly confirmed tests that were positive, 17.5%, was just shy of Tuesday's record high of 17.6%, and five percentage points higher than test positivity had been any day since widespread testing began, prior to this month. (jsonline.com)
- For the past week, 19.1% of all tests have come back positive, matching Tuesday's record high. (sltrib.com)
- THE number of alleged UK child sexual crimes reported to police has reached a record high, a charity says. (thesun.co.uk)
- CHILLICOTHE - A motion has been filed to seal court records involving the sexual battery case of former Chillicothe High School principal Jeffrey Fisher. (chillicothegazette.com)
- This year's report card is very good, and the high coverage we see is why most vaccine preventable diseases are at record low levels," Dr. Anne Schuchat, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases told reporter during a teleconference. (time.com)
- New confirmed cases of the coronavirus in the U.S. have climbed to an all-time high of more than 86,000 per day on average, in a glimpse of the worsening crisis that lies ahead for the winner of the presidential election. (ksat.com)
- Measles cases in the U.S. have hit a record high - 1,172 cases so far. (bigthink.com)
- In 2015, the prevalence rate of TB was brought down to 30 cases a year from a rate of 100 new cases a year a decade ago. (radionz.co.nz)
- THE STATEMENT of the 23-year-old law student, who has alleged that former BJP MP Chinmayanand had sexually assaulted her for a year, was recorded before a magistrate in Shahjahanpur on Monday. (yahoo.com)
- The eradication of wild poliovirus is tantalisingly close - with just 19 cases of the disease so far this year in just two countries, Afghanistan and Pakistan. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The numbers have fallen dramatically over the last 30 years - from nearly half a million cases a year in the early 1980s. (telegraph.co.uk)
- However, while the numbers of wild polio are falling dramatically, there have been 45 cases of polio caused by vaccine-derived poliovirus (VDPV) in five countries this year. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Police across Japan uncovered 6,321 cases of Internet-related crime last year, and increase of 15.5 percent and the highest number since comparable data were first kept in 2000, the National Police Agency said Thursday. (japantimes.co.jp)
- There were 112 cases of threats made over the Internet in 2008, up 53 from the preceding year, the NPA said. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Mr Clement Nti-Boateng, the Municipal Disease Control Officer, who disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency at Obuasi on Monday, added that the first quarter of this year had already recorded 22,184 malaria cases. (modernghana.com)
- Greenville deputy, fired after accusation of lying in a case, had complained of racial slurs, records show Greenville deputy Laura Serrano was found to have lied about the way she examined a 1-year-old during a child abuse investigation, documents show. (greenvilleonline.com)
- Researchers found one in 10 offences recorded was flagged as having an online element - up by more than half year-on-year. (thesun.co.uk)
- The maker's previous record was NT$518 million achieved in January of this year, said the company. (digitimes.com)
- The article presents a case study involving a 36-year-old French man who was admitted to the hospital on November 22, 1921 complaining of severe occipital and orbital headache and back pain. (ebscohost.com)
- Nkawie (Ash), May 13, GNA- The Atwima district recorded 9,606 cases of malaria for the first quarter of this year as against 8,368 last year. (modernghana.com)
- Reviewing the performance of the directorate for the first quarter of the year at Nkawie on Tuesday, she said whereas only nine cases of Buruli Ulcer cases were recorded in the first quarter of last year, 44 cases of the disease had been recorded this year. (modernghana.com)
- More than half the cases recorded this year occurred in New York City, primarily in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn. (gulf-times.com)
- Measles cases in the United States have now exceeded the highest number on record in a single year since the disease was eliminated in 2000. (washingtonpost.com)
- Nationwide, 695 cases of the vaccine-preventable illness had been reported in 22 states this year, as of 3 p.m. Wednesday, according to a statement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (washingtonpost.com)
- There have been 334 cases there this year, including 31 in just the past week. (washingtonpost.com)
- We look at Lassa fever in seasons from November to April, but for this year we have had suspected cases. (punchng.com)
- Of the measles cases in the U.S. so far this year, 82% were unvaccinated and 9% had unknown vaccination status. (time.com)
- Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Foster on Thursday reserved a ruling on a temporary restraining order until he has had time to review the complete medical records of a 67-year-old patient whose death, two lawsuits allege, was due to poor care in the Cape Fear Valley Health System. (fayobserver.com)
- The U.N. agency's European office said Monday more than 41,000 measles cases were reported in the region during the first half of the year - more than in all 12-month periods so far this decade. (pbs.org)
- More than 41,000 measles cases were reported in Europe during the first half of the year. (pbs.org)
- A year earlier, only 5,273 cases were reported. (pbs.org)
- So far this year, 1,855 positive cases have been recorded, with more than 80 percent of the people up to date on their whooping cough shots. (kpbs.org)
- In addition, the video was nominated for a Washington Area Music Award for Video of the Year, while the song itself won in the Urban Contemporary Recording category in 2001. (wikipedia.org)
- Music UK, Gary Crossing described "Case of the Ex" as a smooth and sassy if a somewhat formulaic slice of R&B. "Case of the Ex" was featured on The Village Voice's Pazz & Jop end of the year critics list. (wikipedia.org)
- With cases continuing to climb and hospitalization numbers increasing, counties across the state have been forced to roll back business reopenings in an effort to stem the spread of the virus. (latimes.com)
- More than 4,600 new cases of the virus were announced in Arizona, by far its most in a single day, as Vice President Mike Pence planned to travel there on Wednesday. (nytimes.com)
- Wisconsin had seen 192 confirmed cases per 100,000 residents over the past 14 days as of Wednesday, when the state health department refreshed its weekly virus activity ratings. (jsonline.com)
- The highest rates of new cases per capita were in Sevier, Garfield, Utah and Cache counties, where more than one in every 65 people has tested positive for the virus in the past two weeks - meaning their cases are considered "active. (sltrib.com)
- It calculated that the crucial 'R' reproduction rate - the average number of people an infected patient passes the virus on to - has fallen to just 0.4 in the capital, with the number of new cases halving every 3.5 days. (dailymail.co.uk)
- The county also reported 115 new coronavirus cases and 93 people hospitalized with the virus. (dallasnews.com)
- Still, cases of the virus occur and spread via travelers coming from countries where measles is common. (nasdaq.com)
- In her view, the facility has expanded the clinic to cater to the increasing number of new infected cases but appealed to persons who have been diagnosed with the virus to stick to their anti-retro-viral drugs to stay healthy and subdue the virus. (ghanaweb.com)
- The county now has 18,041 cases of the virus, up 745 or 4.3% from the Tuesday, June 30, update . (pe.com)
- As part of its overall response to the virus and support to the Nigerian authorities, IOM will manage the new UN isolation centre in Abuja and repurpose two of its laboratories for testing, once tests become available, and case management. (un.org)
- Hospitals are beginning to near capacity in parts of the state, while more regions have put their reopening plans on hold amid what one local health official described as an "alarming" surge in cases. (mercurynews.com)
- The Palestinian Authority announced a five-day lockdown across the West Bank after a surge in confirmed cases. (rte.ie)
- As K-12 and college students have returned to classrooms, school-age residents have accounted for a large share of the surge in new cases. (jsonline.com)
- The number of active cases remained below seven lakh for three days in a row, while the national recovery rate has risen to 90 per cent. (dailypioneer.com)
- Forces recorded 64,667 sex offences allegedly perpetrated against victims under 18 in 2016/17, figures obtained by the NSPCC show. (thesun.co.uk)
- The case is being closely watched by news media, health care executives and advocates for open government from across Georgia. (ajc.com)
- Years after hospital employees were accused of snooping into the medical records of celebrity patients, UCLA Health System agreed to pay an $865,000 settlement for potential violations of federal privacy laws. (foxnews.com)
- The investigation by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services revealed that workers repeatedly accessed patients' electronic health records between 2005 and 2008. (foxnews.com)
- The latest data from the Georgia Department of Public Health shows 20,740 confirmed cases and 836 deaths statewide, up from 818 deaths reported Tuesday. (ajc.com)
- Arizona broke record-highs on Tuesday when overall hospital capacity in the state hit 85 percent, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services. (newsweek.com)
- Keeping those numbers very, very low is about protecting public health, protecting vulnerable people, protecting every family, but also protecting the economic benefits that also come from having regional Victorian case numbers very low. (afr.com)
- For the past week, the state has averaged 1,803 new positive test results a day, continuing a streak of new record highs, the Utah Department of Health reported. (sltrib.com)
- The regional branch of consumer health watchdog Rospotrebnadzor said it had recorded 16 cases of the variant among Indian students at Ulyanovsk State University, some 700 kilometres (435 miles) east of Moscow. (thestar.com.my)
- A recent study on electronic medical records (EMRs) found that they may not fulfill the promise of lowered health-care costs. (thesocietypages.org)
- Researchers from Harvard Medical School found that the use of electronic medical records (EMRs) is actually correlated with a higher number of diagnostic tests, such as MRIs, which in turn implies higher - not lower - health-care costs. (thesocietypages.org)
- Mrs Appah said the district directorate has been able to train health staff on integrated diseases while an active case search for priority diseases was going on. (modernghana.com)
- The governor recalled that efforts by health personnel to get sample of the confirmed case was initially resisted by family member, who hid the lady. (sunnewsonline.com)
- The Texas Department of State Health Services has taken over reporting of coronavirus cases for several North Texas counties. (dallasnews.com)
- The number of cases does not mean that people within Tema alone are those who are getting infected but a situation where other facilities including Ada are refer patients to the Tema General Hospital for the necessary counselling and health facilities", she explained. (ghanaweb.com)
- However, lawyers for the plaintiffs, who say the NHL put its own profits ahead of their health, say the records are relevant. (tsn.ca)
- The Ministry of Health confirmed 1,020 new confirmed cases reported in the Kingdom in the previous 24 hours, meaning 429,389 people have now contracted the disease. (arabnews.com)
- Most of the January cases were males infected through sexual contact with men, the health department said, and a majority of people infected were between ages 25 and 29. (health.am)
- The judge instructed Meachem to have the health information department provide him with Bryant's complete medical records, and he gave the hospital lawyer a week to get those documents to him. (fayobserver.com)
- San Diego County is experiencing its highest number of whooping cough cases on record, and most of the people who have gotten sick were immunized, the county's public health officer said. (kpbs.org)
- Public Health England has recorded the first UK-acquired case of a rare life-threatening illness spread by tick. (pulsetoday.co.uk)
- WASHINGTON (AP) - The Justice Department does not have to turn over information on cases involving warrantless cellphone tracking if the cases ended without a defendant's conviction, a divided federal appeals court ruled Friday in upholding privacy protections for people acquitted of crimes. (yahoo.com)
- More than 400,000 cases of cholera are suspected, and nearly 1,900 people have died from associated cases in the last three months alone. (ipsnews.net)
- Chief cabinet secretary Yoshihide Suga said about 80 per cent of the new cases were among people in their 30s or younger. (yahoo.com)
- The agency asks doctors to report all cases of people coming in for treatment for fever , cough and other symptoms caused by influenza. (medicinenet.com)
- Half of all new cases over the past seven days were people ages 10-29. (jsonline.com)
- In all, 10,521 tuberculosis (TB) cases were reported in the United States in 2011, a 6.4 percent drop from 2010 -- to 3.4 cases per 100,000 people. (medicinenet.com)
- Eliminating TB is defined as no more than one case per 1,000,000 people. (medicinenet.com)
- The cases involved 137 people, up 11. (japantimes.co.jp)
- I would reiterate that in the vast majority of cases, those staff have been infected in the community and it really is a ... symptom, really, of the community transmission that is happening as people move around and are infected in the community,' he said. (afr.com)
- There have been 10 possible cases among just under 6 million people who received J&J's shot in the EEA, and 405 cases among 45 million who received AstraZeneca's shot, Georgy Genov, head of pharmacovigilance at the European Medicines Agency said in a briefing. (yahoo.com)
- It also found 12 per cent of people in England may have had the disease and that it kills in 0.63 per cent of cases. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Culture Liverpool teamed up with online retail giant Very.co.uk and renowned designer Wayne Hemingway MBE, they decided that they would attempt to break the current Guinness World Records title - Most people modelling on a catwalk. (guinnessworldrecords.com)
- A huge gathering of community groups, professional models, children, pensioners, sporting legends and celebrities sashayed right past the previous record of 3,083 bringing an incredible 3,651 people to the catwalk! (guinnessworldrecords.com)
- Scooping the title and receiving an official certificate from Guinness World Records, Culture Liverpool attracted national media attention and engaged hundreds of thousands of people with the city's history. (guinnessworldrecords.com)
- While pleased that severe cases haven't spiked upward, they continue to tell people to stay home, noting that the severe case numbers haven't trended down. (dallasnews.com)
- Most of the measles cases in the U.S. are imported from other countries, said Schuchat, which wouldn't be a problem if more people were vaccinated against the disease. (time.com)
- The majority of cases are among people who were not vaccinated against measles," the CDC wrote . (bigthink.com)
- KAZINFORM Over the last day Kazakhstan recorded 158 COVD-19-like pneumonia cases, 47 recovered while 4 people died, Coronavirus2020.kz.reports. (inform.kz)
- Experts have attributed to rise in cases to?people letting their guard down. (financialexpress.com)
- Basically, people are finding more cases," he said. (kpbs.org)
- Mr Andrews said the new measures for regional Victoria were targeted at keeping case numbers low - there are now 255 cases outside of Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire - which in turn would protect jobs and livelihoods. (afr.com)
- Wearing masks became compulsory in Australia's second-largest city, Melbourne, as hot spot Victoria state posted 403 new cases and five deaths. (click2houston.com)
- Victoria recorded another 14 deaths on Friday and 372 more cases of coronavirus. (theepochtimes.com)
- Journalists and members of the public have relied on this ruling for years to obtain records from hospitals. (ajc.com)
- A record 551 Utah patients were concurrently admitted to hospitals as of Saturday, UDOH reported. (sltrib.com)
- Texas reported 9,048 new cases and 126 deaths, and the number of coronavirus patients in Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma hospitals set records. (ksat.com)
- As recently as two weeks ago, an average of 4.6% of tests were coming back positive, indicating the increase is cases is attributable to more than increased testing. (mercurynews.com)
- Just two days before the state begins to reopen its economy , Georgia is working to increase its testing capacity in order to quickly identify and isolate new cases. (ajc.com)
- He added that surveillance of polio had improved which could also account for the increase in the number of vaccine derived cases. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Among 20-somethings, the past seven days brought 1,949 confirmed cases - an increase of 71% from 1,141 in the previous seven days. (jsonline.com)
- We see worrisome signs about an increase in the number of cases in the neighboring countries, Europe and the whole world," said Gergely Gulyas, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban's chief of staff. (courant.com)
- County Judge Clay Jenkins noted in a prepared statement Friday this week's significant increase in cases and deaths. (dallasnews.com)
- But last week's record was padded by numbers from delayed tests. (deadline.com)
- Judge Janice Rogers Brown dissented from the majority opinion, saying the six disputed cases already exist in the public domain and can easily be accessed through a Google search or other means. (yahoo.com)
- State epidemiologist Dr Paul White confirmed that there's an active case of tuberculosis in the school and that the individual is undergoing treatment and taking antibiotics. (radionz.co.nz)
- As of Wednesday afternoon, the state had 284,691 coronavirus cases . (latimes.com)
- Michigan has averaged more than 7,000 new cases a day - a number that makes the state second in the nation behind New York. (go.com)
- This paper quantifies the effect of state privacy regulation on the diffusion of electronic medical records (EMRs). (repec.org)
- Professor Kelly said collaboration between federal and state authorities had helped 'really get on top of this situation' in Melbourne aged care homes, with only 16 nursing home residents and 58 staff members among Thursday's 700-plus cases. (afr.com)
- The soaring new case numbers came as the state processed 19,921 tests on Thursday, meaning 3.6 per cent of tests are returning positive results. (afr.com)
- The state also experienced increases in two other tickborne diseases, with 685 cases of anaplasmosis and 138 cases of babesiosis. (necn.com)
- The motion to quash argues the "investigative records are confidential under state law" and also are considered "work product or attorney-client communications. (chillicothegazette.com)
- The Gombe State Epidemiologist, Dr Bile Nuhu, has said the state recorded seven Lassa fever cases with one death between January and July. (punchng.com)
- The state expects the rise in cases to continue as it prepares to welcome more passengers following the gradual resumption of air and train services from next week. (livemint.com)
- All Victorians will be required to wear face coverings from next week, after the state confirmed record numbers of new cases and deaths overnight. (abc.net.au)
- If the number of reported cases go up, it is always a cause of concern for any state. (financialexpress.com)
- Ukraine was the hardest hit among the 53 European countries covered in the WHO analysis, with more than 23,000 cases so far in 2018. (click2houston.com)
- The bad news is there is a growing number of drug-resistant TB cases in various hotspots around the world including Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa, he said. (medicinenet.com)
- To receive news and publication updates for Case Reports in Rheumatology, enter your email address in the box below. (hindawi.com)
- Japan has had more than 20,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and 980 deaths. (yahoo.com)
Variant first detected1
- The Philippines has also previously recorded cases of a variant first detected in Britain and another first discovered in South Africa, as well as a homegrown P.3 variant. (bworldonline.com)
- Indonesia and Malaysia this month reported the first cases of the B.1.617 coronavirus variant. (bworldonline.com)
- Mexico's previous one-day record was posted a day earlier on Wednesday, when 6,995 new cases were registered. (yahoo.com)
- Of all tests processed over the previous seven days - including preliminary negative results that had yet to be manually confirmed - a record rate of 12.1% had come back positive. (jsonline.com)
- That average includes the previous record of 2,292 new cases on Oct. 30. (sltrib.com)
- Mexico's previous one-day record was last week on Thursday when 6,741 new cases were registered. (reuters.com)
- An honor student with no previous disciplinary record, Arvanitis pleaded guilty to both charges. (toledoblade.com)
- The previous record was 110 confirmed cases a couple of weeks ago. (voanews.com)
- Every county in the Bay Area falls below the statewide rate, led by Marin County at 458 cases per 100,000 residents. (mercurynews.com)