Vesicle-Associated Membrane Protein 1
Rats, Inbred Strains
A group of antigens that includes both the major and minor histocompatibility antigens. The former are genetically determined by the major histocompatibility complex. They determine tissue type for transplantation and cause allograft rejections. The latter are systems of allelic alloantigens that can cause weak transplant rejection.
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Major Histocompatibility Complex
The genetic region which contains the loci of genes which determine the structure of the serologically defined (SD) and lymphocyte-defined (LD) TRANSPLANTATION ANTIGENS, genes which control the structure of the IMMUNE RESPONSE-ASSOCIATED ANTIGENS, HUMAN; the IMMUNE RESPONSE GENES which control the ability of an animal to respond immunologically to antigenic stimuli, and genes which determine the structure and/or level of the first four components of complement.
Gamma interferon stimulates rat alveolar macrophages to kill Pneumocystis carinii by L-arginine- and tumor necrosis factor-dependent mechanisms. (1/4121)Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia remains a serious complication for immunocompromised patients. In the present study, P. carinii organisms interacted with gamma interferon (IFN-gamma)-stimulated alveolar macrophages (AMs) to activate the L-arginine-dependent cytocidal pathway involving reactive nitrogen intermediates (RNI) that were assayed as nitrite (NO2-). Unstimulated cultures of AMs produced negligible quantities of RNI. Addition of P. carinii organisms to IFN-gamma-primed AMs resulted in greatly enhanced production of RNI. NO2- levels increased from 0.8 +/- 0.4 to 11.1 +/- 3.8 microM as early as 6 h after P. carinii organisms were incubated with IFN-gamma-stimulated AMs and to 35.1 +/- 8.9 microM after a 24-h incubation, a near-maximum level. High levels of NO2- were produced by AMs primed with as little as 10 U of IFN-gamma per ml in the presence of P. carinii, and a 20-fold increase in IFN-gamma concentration resulted in only a further 65% increase in NO2- production. RNI-dependent killing of P. carinii was demonstrated by both a 51Cr release assay and a [35S]methionine pulse immunoprecipitation assay. Addition of either monoclonal tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) neutralizing antibody or 200 microM NG-monomethyl-L-arginine (L-NGMMA), a competitive inhibitor of the L-arginine-dependent pathway, significantly decreased NO2- production and reduced P. carinii killing. TNF-alpha alone had no effect on P. carinii viability. These results suggest that (i) the specific interaction of P. carinii organisms with IFN-gamma-primed AMs triggers the production of RNI, (ii) RNI are toxic to P. carinii, and (iii) TNF-alpha likely plays a central role in mediating P. carinii killing by IFN-gamma-stimulated AMs. (+info)
Proteinuria induces tubular cell turnover: A potential mechanism for tubular atrophy. (2/4121)BACKGROUND: Proteinuria and tubular atrophy have both been closely linked with progressive renal failure. We hypothesized that apoptosis may be induced by tubular cell exposure to heavy proteinuria, potentially leading to tubular atrophy. Apoptosis was studied in a rat model of "pure" proteinuria, which does not induce renal impairment, namely protein-overload proteinuria. METHODS: Adult female Lewis rats underwent intraperitoneal injection of 2 g of bovine serum albumin (BSA, N = 16) or sham saline injections (controls, N = 8) daily for seven days. Apoptosis was assessed at day 7 in tissue sections using in situ end labeling (ISEL) and electron microscopy. ISEL-positive nuclei (apoptotic particles) were counted in blinded fashion using image analysis with NIH Image. Cell proliferation was assessed by detection of mRNA for histone by in situ hybridization, followed by counting of positive cells using NIH Image. RESULTS: Animals injected with saline showed very low levels of apoptosis on image analysis. BSA-injected rats had heavy proteinuria and showed both cortical and medullary apoptosis on ISEL. This was predominantly seen in the tubules and, to a lesser extent, in the interstitial compartment. Overall, the animals injected with BSA showed a significant 30-fold increase in the number of cortical apoptotic particles. Electron microscopy of tubular cells in a BSA-injected animal showed a progression of ultrastructural changes consistent with tubular cell apoptosis. The BSA-injected animals also displayed a significant increase in proximal tubular cell proliferation. This increased proliferation was less marked than the degree of apoptosis. CONCLUSION: Protein-overload proteinuria in rats induces tubular cell apoptosis. This effect is only partially balanced by proliferation and potentially provides a direct mechanism whereby heavy proteinuria can induce tubular atrophy and progressive renal failure. (+info)
Endothelin up-regulation and localization following renal ischemia and reperfusion. (3/4121)BACKGROUND: Endothelin (ET), a potent vasoconstrictor, is known to play a role in ischemic acute renal failure. Although preproET-1 (ppET-1) mRNA is known to be up-regulated following ischemia/reperfusion injury, it has not been determined which component of the injury (ischemia or reperfusion) leads to initial gene up-regulation. Likewise, although ET-1 peptide expression has been localized in the normal kidney, its expression pattern in the ischemic kidney has not been determined. Therefore, the purpose of this study was twofold: (a) to determine whether ischemia alone or ischemia plus reperfusion is required for the up-regulation of ppET-1 mRNA to occur, and (b) to localize ET-1 peptide expression following ischemia in the rat kidney to clarify better the role of ET in the pathophysiology of ischemia-induced acute renal failure. METHODS: Male Lewis rats underwent clamping of the right renal vascular pedicle for either 30 minutes of ischemia (group 1), 60 minutes of ischemia (group 2), 30 minutes of ischemia followed by 30 minutes of reperfusion (group 3), or 60 minutes of ischemia followed by three hours of reperfusion (group 4). The contralateral kidney acted as a control. ppET-1 mRNA up-regulation and ET-1 peptide expression were examined using the reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemistry, respectively. RESULTS: Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction yielded a control (nonischemic) value of 0.6 +/- 0.2 densitometric units (DU) of ppET-1 mRNA in the kidney. Group 1 levels (30 min of ischemia alone) were 1.8 +/- 0.4 DU, a threefold increase (P < 0.05). Group 2 levels (60 min of ischemia alone) increased almost six times above baseline, 3.5 +/- 0.2 DU (P < 0.01), whereas both group 3 and group 4 (ischemia plus reperfusion) did not experience any further significant increases in mRNA levels (1.9 +/- 0.4 DU and 2.8 +/- 0.6 DU, respectively) beyond levels in group 1 or 2 animals subjected to similar ischemic periods. ET-1 peptide expression in the ischemic kidneys was significantly increased over controls and was clearly localized to the endothelium of the peritubular capillary network of the kidney. CONCLUSIONS: Initial ET-1 gene up-regulation in the kidney occurs secondary to ischemia, but reperfusion most likely contributes to sustaining this up-regulation. The marked increase of ET-1 in the peritubular capillary network suggests that ET-induced vasoconstriction may have a pathophysiological role in ischemic acute tubular necrosis. (+info)
Characterization of CD4+ CD8alphaalpha+ and CD4-CD8alphaalpha+ intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes in rats. (4/4121)Intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (i-IEL) of aged rats comprise CD4+CD8alphaalpha+ and CD4-CD8alphaalpha+ T cells expressing TCR alphabeta. In the present study, we compared characteristics between CD4+CD8alphaalpha+ and CD4-CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL, which were purified by a cell sorter from the i-IEL of 6-month-old Lewis rats. Most of the CD4+CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL were of the CD44(hlgh) phenotype, while CD4-CD8alphabeta+ i-IEL were CD44(low). Vbeta usage in the CD4-CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL was much diversified, while CD4+CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL showed a skewed Vbeta repertoire. The CD4+CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL but not the CD4-CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL proliferated in response to syngeneic spleen cells, which was partially inhibited by addition of anti-MHC class I mAb. The CD4+CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL produced IFN-gamma and IL-2 but no IL-4 or transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta in response to syngeneic spleen cells, while CD4-CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL produced abundant levels of TGF-beta but no IL-2, IFN-gamma or IL-4. CD4+CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL proliferated in response to exogenous IL-2 but not to IL-15, while CD4-CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL could respond to IL-15 as well as IL-2. These results suggest that a significant fraction of CD4+CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL belongs to Th1-type T cells capable of responding to self-MHC class I, while CD4-CD8alphaalpha+ i-IEL are a unique population with a diversified Vbeta repertoire that respond to IL-15 in rats. (+info)
Hormonal prevention of breast cancer: mimicking the protective effect of pregnancy. (5/4121)Full term pregnancy early in life is the most effective natural protection against breast cancer in women. Rats treated with chemical carcinogen are similarly protected by a previous pregnancy from mammary carcinogenesis. Proliferation and differentiation of the mammary gland does not explain this phenomenon, as shown by the relative ineffectiveness of perphenazine, a potent mitogenic and differentiating agent. Here, we show that short term treatment of nulliparous rats with pregnancy levels of estradiol 17beta and progesterone has high efficacy in protecting them from chemical carcinogen induced mammary cancers. Because the mammary gland is exposed to the highest physiological concentrations of estradiol and progesterone during full term pregnancy, it is these elevated levels of hormones that likely induce protection from mammary cancer. Thus, it appears possible to mimic the protective effects of pregnancy against breast cancer in nulliparous rats by short term specific hormonal intervention. (+info)
Non-coding plasmid DNA induces IFN-gamma in vivo and suppresses autoimmune encephalomyelitis. (6/4121)Regulatory sequences used in plasmids for naked DNA vaccination can modulate cytokine production in vivo. We demonstrate here that injection of plasmid DNA can suppress the prototypic T cell-mediated autoimmune disease, experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, by inducing IFN-gamma. (+info)
Decreased hexosamine biosynthesis in GH-deficient dwarf rat muscle. reversal with GH, but not IGF-I, therapy. (7/4121)Enhanced glucose flux via the hexosamine biosynthesis pathway (HNSP) has been implicated in insulin resistance. We measured L-glutamine:D-fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase activity (GFAT, a rate-limiting enzyme) and concentrations of UDP-N-acetyl hexosamines (UDP-HexNAc, major products of HNSP) in muscle and liver of growth hormone (GH)-deficient male dwarf (dw) rats. All parameters measured, except body weight, were similar in 5-wk-old control and dw rats. Muscle GFAT activity declined progressively with age in controls and dw rats but was consistently 30-60% lower in 8- to 14-wk-old dw rats vs. age-matched controls; UDP-HexNAc concentrations in muscle were concomitantly 30% lower in dw rats vs. controls (P < 0.01). Concentrations of UDP-hexoses, GDP-mannose, and UDP in muscle were similar in control and dw rats. Muscle HNSP activity was similarly diminished in fed and fasted dw rats. In liver, only a small difference in GFAT activity was evident between controls and dw rats, and no differences in UDP-HexNAc concentrations were observed. Treatment with recombinant human GH (rhGH) for 5 days restored UDP-HexNAc to control levels in dw muscles (P < 0.01) and partially restored GFAT activity. Insulin-like growth factor I treatment was ineffective. We conclude that GH participates in HNSP regulation in muscle. (+info)
Decreased lactic acidosis and anemia after transfusion of o-raffinose cross-linked and polymerized hemoglobin in severe murine malaria. (8/4121)Severe anemia is a major cause of death in falciparum malaria. Blood transfusion increases survival in humans and in animal models of this disease. Because of logistic constraints and viral contamination of the blood supply, transfusions are frequently not practical in endemic regions. Modified hemoglobin is an effective O2 carrier in hemorrhagic shock. It is free of infectious contamination, may not require refrigeration, and because of its nitric oxide scavenging and small size, may have pharmacologic benefits in malaria. The effects of transfusions of modified hemoglobin in rats with high-grade parasitemia were evaluated. Modified hemoglobin decreased lactic acidosis and corrected anemia as well as transfusions with red blood cells; these findings may correlate with improved survival and suggest a possible proerythropoietic effect. Further study of this novel therapy is warranted. (+info)
SAT0073 Theranostic approach in arthritis: A feasibility study in rats | Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases
Methods Inflammatory arthritis was induced by twice injections of bovine collagen II (day 0, day 7) in female Lewis rats. Rats were monitored for joint swelling, pain, redness and mobility (score 0 to 3). The TNFa binding protein etanercept (Enbrel®, Pfizer) was chemically conjugated with an ICG derivative suited for labeling of proteins. The etanercept-6S-ICG (Eta-6S-ICG) conjugate was photophysically characterized and tested for binding affinity The fluorescence camera system Xiralite (mivenion GmbH, Germany)  was modified to enable imaging of rats. On day 14 after first injection of collagen, Eta-6S-ICG (n=6), IgG-6S-ICG (n=3), or the inflammation-targeted macromolecule polyglycerolsulfate-6S-ICG (dPGS-6S-ICG, n=5)  were s.c. or i.v. injected in a dose of 10 nMol/kg b.w. Fluorescence measurement was performed before and 1 h, 3 h, 24 h and 48 h after injection. Fluorescence intensity (FI) was measured in ROI over the tibio-tarsal and interphalangeal articulations and compared with ...
Topically Administered Mouse IgG1 Accumulates In the Rat Optic Nerve And Retina | IOVS | ARVO Journals
Purpose: Frequent intravitreal injections of monoclonal anti-VEGF agents Lucentis and Avastin were shown to reverse the effects of wet AMD. These injections, however, predispose patients to endophthalmitis and stroke, among other ocular and systemic adverse effects. Such complications, as well as patient discomfort, would be potentially reduced or even eliminated by the delivery of these drugs in mist or drop form. The purpose of this study was to obtain pilot data regarding the feasibility of delivering potentially therapeutic large, hydrophilic antibodies to the posterior pole by eye drop application.. Methods: Female Lewis rats received a single 25 mg/10 µL topical dose of whole mouse monoclonal IgG1 antibody in PBS without a permeation enhancer into one eye; control rats were left untreated. The concentration of IgG1 was determined in retinal and optic nerve homogenates 10 to 20 minutes later using an ELISA; tissues were homogenized in lysis buffer containing protease inhibitors. Data are ...
Potassium Channel Distribution, Clustering, and Function in Remyelinating Rat Axons | Journal of Neuroscience
Demyelination. Adult female Lewis rats were anesthetized, and the sciatic nerve in one leg, just proximal to the sciatic notch, was exposed. The three branches of the sciatic nerve were injected with 1-2 μl of 1% lysolecithin in sterile Lockes solution by using a glass micropipette broken to a tip diameter of ∼20 μm. Then the incision was closed, and the animal was allowed to recover for 6-69 d. Some animals were injected with both lysolecithin and mitomycin-C (400 mg/ml; Sigma, St. Louis, MO) to block Schwann cell proliferation subsequent to demyelination. The Lockes solution contained (in mm): NaCl 154, KCl 5.6, CaCl2 2, and HEPES 10, pH 7.4.. Axon preparation. On the appropriate day postinjection, the animal was killed; the sciatic nerve was dissected immediately, desheathed, and dissociated into single fibers by treatment with collagenase (3.6 mg/ml; Sigma) for 1 hr at room temperature (RT). Fibers were teased apart gently and spread on coverslips that had been coated in a few spots ...
Origin of macrophages in central nervous tissue. A study using intraperitoneal transplants contained in Millipore diffusion...
In order to determine the origin of brain phagocytes brain slices and optic nerve segments from adult Lewis rats were transplanted into the peritoneal cavity of syngenic recipients. The specimens were contained in Millipore diffusion chambers fitted with membranes of either 0.22 or 5.0 microns pore size. The either blocked or allowed the access of non-resident cells. Each recipient rat received both a 0.22 and 5.0 microns pore chamber. Later (3-16 days), the specimens were recovered and analyzed by monoclonal antibody techniques and electron-microscopy. Endothelia, GFAP+ astrocytes, ED1-/ED2+/RCA-1+/OX-6-perivascular cells and ED1-/ED2-/RCA-1+/lysozyme--microglia were found to have survived the procedure. Cells of the macrophage phenotype (ED1+/ED2+/RCA-1+/lysozyme+/vimentin+ with phagocytic vacuoles), however, were only found in large numbers in specimens kept within 5.0 microns pore size chambers, giving access to non-resident cells, and were exceedingly rare in specimens from 0.22-micron pore
Animals and tissues. Tissues of embryonic and postnatal Lewis rats were used in this study. The day of vaginal plug detection was considered embryonic day 1 (E1). Pregnant females were decapitated, and the embryos (E14, E16, and E19) were rapidly removed, embedded in Tissue Tek (OCT compound; Zoeterwoude), and frozen in isopentane at −40°C for subsequent in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry. Brain, spinal cord, and eyes of postnatal animals from postnatal day 0 (P0), P1, P3, P5, P9, P14, and adult animals were removed and processed as indicated above. Each developmental time point was analyzed in at least three different animals. In addition, tissues from adult decapitated animals were collected for Western and Northern blotting. For confocal microscopy, adult Lewis rats were killed with pentobarbital (500 mg/kg) and perfused transcardially with Ringers solution followed by 4% paraformaldehyde in 0.15 m phosphate buffer with 5% sucrose. The spinal cords were removed and post-fixed ...
E-MTAB-2719 - Gene expression profiling of Bone-Marrow-Derived-Macrophages (5 days of culture) in a backcross population of LEW...
WKY and LEW strains have been widely studied for their differential susceptibility to experimental glomerulonephritis. In particular these strains show strong variations in the macrophage activation. This dataset measures expression of macrophages in backcross population of WKY DC and LEW rats and includes a few control origninating from the WKY DC strain.
Moving right along
Look, mate, Im sorry, but Ive got to get going, Ive, er, got somewhere to be…. HENRY: (gently teasing) Oh?. LEW: Yeh…just out…somewhere…with a mate…. HENRY: Does this mate happen to be a pretty little butterfly?. LEW: Easy, awright? Bad enough I get it from the girls at the shop…. HENRY: Awwww, (he tousles the trilby on LEWs head, which frustrates him to no end) Widdle Lews got a lady-friend!. (LEW is frustrated, but knows hell have to deal with it sooner or later. He actually begins to smile a little until, flustered, he starts slapping HENRYs cooing and coddling away.). LEW: Awright, awright, thats enough! I really gotta go.. HENRY: Then go, you daft bug! Faint hearts and fair ladies and all that!. (he dismisses him with a wave and a smile. LEW returns the smile sheepishly. Hes new at this.). LEW: Right. Here I go.. HENRY: Yes.. LEW: Im going.. HENRY: Yes…. LEW: Out on a date…with Vera…. HENRY: Just go already!. LEW: Blimey…. (he putters off, muttering worriedly ...
The Daily Lew - Issue 6 - drill baby, drill. | Watts Up With That?
LewWorld has increased its spin and is now drilling into noise. The resulting increased spin and precession looks to be creating dangerous wobble on LewWorld. Meanwhile while Lew is drilling for noise, McIntyre has tried to get the same results as Lewandowskys paper by taking Lewandowskys noisy data and applying the same techniques listed in…
Ask the Expert with Lew Schon, MD
Members brought some of their toughest cases to Dr. Lew Schon at this dynamic live event. Join us to hear his advice and the discussions that ensued for the following cases ...
Sky-Green Mural - Matthew Lew| Murals Your Way
Split-frame images of clouds provide two views of the sky. And just because they are called wall murals, their use is not limited to walls. Try adding these clouds to your ceiling
Suppression of complement activation by recombinant Crry inhibits experimental autoimmune anterior uveitis (EAAU) -ORCA
This study was initiated to explore the effect of recombinant rat Crry linked to the Fc portion of rat IgG2a (Crry-Ig) on the induction of experimental autoimmune anterior uveitis (EAAU) and on established disease. EAAU was induced in Lewis rats by immunization with bovine melanin-associated antigen (MAA). MAA sensitized animals received Crry-Ig, rat IgG2a (isotype control) or PBS separately before the onset of EAAU or after the onset of clinical disease. Administration of Crry-Ig suppressed the induction of EAAU while all animals injected with IgG2a or PBS developed the normal course of EAAU. Treatment with Crry-Ig resulted in the suppression of ocular complement activation as well as the functional activity of complement in the peripheral blood. At the peak of EAAU, levels of IFN-γ, IP-10, ICAM-1 and LECAM-1 were significantly reduced within the eyes of Crry-Ig treated Lewis rats. Importantly, administration of Crry-Ig even after the onset of EAAU resulted in a sharp decline in the disease ...
Abstract 12857: The Use of Cell Sheet Technique Enhances the Therapeutic Effects of Skeletal Myoblast Transplantation with...
There is compelling experimental evidence to show that transplantation of skeletal myoblasts (SMBs) improves the function of failing hearts via paracrine effects. However, clinical application of this strategy has been curtailed due to arrhythmia occurrence and inconsistent outcomes observed in previous clinical trials of intramyocardial (IM) injection of SMBs. Severe inflammation and resultant global reduction of connexin43 have been reported to be causes of the arrhythmogenicity. Recent developments in bioengineering technology enabled production of cell sheets using temperature-responsive culture dishes, which allows retrieval of cells without enzymatic dissociation-related damages. We hypothesized that epicardial attachment of cell sheets would enhance retention, survival, and maintenance of functions of donor SMBs in the heart, with less myocardial injury, and therefore overcome the drawbacks of IM injection.. Methods & Results: After left coronary artery ligation in female Lewis rats, ...
Phenotypes of T cells infiltrating the eyes in autoimmune anterior uveitis associated with EAE<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Phenotypes of T cells infiltrating the eyes in autoimmune anterior uveitis associated with EAE. AU - Zhang, Xingqi. AU - Jiang, Shuguang. AU - Manczak, Maria. AU - Sugden, Brad. AU - Adamus, Grazyna. PY - 2002. Y1 - 2002. N2 - PURPOSE. Lewis rats immunized with myelin basic protein (MBP) develop experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) and associated anterior uveitis (AU), which recurs. The goal was to analyze cellular activation markers and adhesion molecules of T cells that infiltrate the eyes and spinal cord during acute and recurrent AU in actively and passively induced diseases simultaneously in the same animals. METHODS. EAE-AU was induced in Lewis rats by immunization with MBP in CFA, or by adoptive transfer of MBP-specific T-cell lines, and the signs of clinical EAE and AU was scored. Cells isolated from the iris-ciliary body were tested by flow cytometry for expression of CD4, CD8, CD45RC, T-cell receptor (TCR) Vβ8.2, α4 integrin, L-selectin, CD44, and CD134. ...
Gene transfer using artificial chromosomes containing a marker gene in primary cells and rat adjuvant arthritis | Arthritis...
Most antirheumatic therapies are given systemically, which may result in complications because of the high dosage needed to achieve therapeutic levels in the joints. Gene therapy might provide a more efficient system to deliver therapeutic compounds at the site of inflammation. The artificial chromosome expression system (ACes) is a unique, nonintegrating, nonviral gene-expression system, which functions like a natural chromosome. This technology offers advantages over current expression systems because it allows stable expression of genes producing single or multiple proteins over long periods. We are developing ex vivo gene therapy using artificial chromosomes containing reporter genes (LacZ or RFP) for local delivery of genes in rats with adjuvant arthritis. The aim of this study was to evaluate the transfection efficiency in cell lines or primary cells, including rat skin fibroblasts (RSFs) and fibroblast-like synoviocytes (FLSs). Furthermore, we investigated the feasibility of local ...
Toll-Like Receptor 2 Pathway Drives Streptococcal Cell Wall-Induced Joint Inflammation: Critical Role of Myeloid...
The present study was performed to investigate the role of IL-1R/TLR signaling in joint inflammation induced by bacterial cell wall fragments (SCW) from S. pyogenes. To this end, we induced SCW arthritis in mice that are deficient for MyD88, the pivotal adaptor molecule in the IL-1R/TLR signaling cascade. In addition, we analyzed whether joint inflammation, elicited by local injection of SCW fragments, was mediated by TLR-2 or TLR-4. Therefore, mice deficient for either TLR-2 or TLR-4 were included in this study.. TLRs are present on several cell types, including fibroblasts, macrophages, and dendritic cells (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6). Recently, it was shown that synovial fibroblasts express mainly TLR-2 since fibroblasts from RA patients could be activated by TLR-2 (bacterial peptidoglycans) and not by TLR-9 (CpG motifs) agonists to produce proinflammatory cytokines and matrix metalloproteinases (41). Expression of TLR-2 and TLR-4 but not TLR-9 was found in synovial biopsies of RA patients with active ...
RePub, Erasmus University Repository: No association between tumor necrosis factor-α production and gene polymorphisms among...
Differences in spontaneous allograft acceptance after liver transplantation among inbred rat strains might be explained by variation in the local production of TNF-α as a potent mediator of the inflammatory response. In this study, we hypothesize that nucleotide differences in the rat Tnf gene influence TNF-α protein expression. As such, polymorphisms in the Tnf gene may also provide a possible explanation for differences in survival of allogeneic liver grafts among inbred rat strains. We therefore investigated the capacity of mononuclear cells to produce TNF-α in response to a mitogenic stimulus and the Tnf locus was sequenced in six different inbred rat strains. Among the six strains (AUG, BN, DA, LEW, PVG and WF), 44 nucleotide differences including 36 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), five simple sequence length polymorphisms, two deletions and one insertion, were found in the Tnf gene. Although, the inbred rat strains differed significantly in mean levels of maximum TNF-α ...
JCI - Resetting the transcription factor network reverses terminal chronic hepatic failure
Animals. Lewis rats were obtained from Charles River and were maintained in isolation cages in the Department of Laboratory and Animal Resources at the University of Pittsburgh. Animals were housed in temperature- and light/dark cycle-controlled rooms.. Induction of liver cirrhosis. Liver cirrhosis was induced as described previously by using phenobarbital and CCl4 (both Sigma-Aldrich) when inbred male Lewis rats, weighing 100-130 g, were 4 weeks old (16). Rats were given phenobarbital (0.5 g/l) added to the drinking water. Starting 2 weeks later, CCl4 (diluted 1:9 in olive oil) was administered by gavage twice a week. Following an initial dose of 0.2 ml/kg, each subsequent dose was adjusted weekly on the basis of changes in body weight. If body weight increased or remained unchanged, CCl4 was continued at 0.2 ml/kg twice weekly. When body weight decreased by 1-5 g, the dose of CCl4 was reduced to 0.15 ml/kg, and if body weight decreased by 6-10 g, the CCl4 was reduced to 0.1 ml/kg. In rats that ...
JCI - DNA vaccination with CD25 protects rats from adjuvant arthritis and induces an antiergotypic response
Abs to the α-chain of the IL-2 receptor (anti-CD25) are used clinically to achieve immunosuppression. Here we investigated the effects of DNA vaccination with the whole CD25 gene on the induction of rat adjuvant arthritis. The DNA vaccine protected the rats and led to a shift in the cytokine profile of T cells responding to disease target antigens from Th1 to Th2. The mechanism of protection was found to involve the induction of an antiergotypic response, rather than the induction of anti-CD25 Abs. Antiergotypic T cells respond to activation molecules, ergotopes, expressed on syngeneic activated, but not resting, T cells. CD25-derived peptides function as ergotopes that can be recognized by the antiergotypic T cells. Antiergotypic T cells taken from control sick rats did not proliferate against activated T cells and secreted mainly IFN-γ. In contrast, antiergotypic cells from CD25-DNA-protected rats proliferated against activated T cells and secreted mainly IL-10. Protective antiergotypic T ...
FETAL BONE GRAFTS DO NOT ELICIT ALLOGRAFT REJECTION BECAUSE OF PROTECTING ANTI-Ia ALLOANTIBODIES: IMPLICATIONS TO THE IMMUNE...
Summary In a previous study we showed that allografts of BN fetal bone, unlike allografts of adult bone, are not rejected by allogeneic recipients of the Lewis strain in spite of the existence of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) incompatibility between donors and hosts. In the present study,...
Immunoregulation of Experimentally Induced Immune Responses - J. Allen
Systemic injection of streptococcal cell walls (SCW) initiates acute and chronic inflammation in liver, spleen and peripheral joints of susceptible rats. Associ...
Anesthesiologist Michael Lew on improvements in cancer care
City of Hopes Dr. Michael Lew explains the evolving role of anesthesia in cancer treatment and how new technologies are advancing the field.
EAN 2260540754292 Topshop Chiffon Sleeve Blouse Nude 2 (0 US)
EAN 2260540754292 Airy chiffon sleeves lend breezy warm-weather style to a smart blouse streamlined with a dainty collar and a crisp, covered placket. Color(s): , also find 2260540754292 barcode , images and shopping info of EAN 2260540754292
Circles In The Sand 1 - Panoramic Mural - Matthew Lew| Murals Your Way
These sophisticated yet playful patterns would enhance a formal dining room wall or use around the entire perimeter. This panoramic wall mural features red, purple and gold stripes in a variety of textures.
Types of Microorganisms - Metal Contaminated - Dr. Darrin Lew
There are two different kinds of organisms that coexist in the contemporary living world the eukaryotes (more complex organisms with a true nucleus, which
Tritium - Wikipedia
In a 1998 study, tritium concentrations in surface seawater and atmospheric water vapor (10 meters above the surface) were sampled at the following locations: the Sulu Sea, the Fremantle Bay, the Bay of Bengal, the Penang Bay, and the Strait of Malacca. Results indicated that the tritium concentration in surface seawater was highest at the Fremantle Bay (approximately 0.40 Bq/liter), which could be accredited to the mixing of runoff of freshwater from nearby lands due to large amounts found in coastal waters. Typically, lower concentrations were found between 35 and 45 degrees south latitude and near the equator. Results also indicated that (in general) tritium has decreased over the years (up to 1997) due to the physical decay of bomb tritium in the Indian Ocean. As for water vapor, the tritium concentration was approximately one order of magnitude greater than surface seawater concentrations (ranging from 0.46 to 1.15 Bq/liter). Therefore, the water vapor tritium is not affected by ...
1,1′ -Ethylidenebis- [tryptophan] induces pathologic alterations in muscle similar to those observed in the eosinophilia...
TY - JOUR. T1 - 1,1′ -Ethylidenebis- [tryptophan] induces pathologic alterations in muscle similar to those observed in the eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome. AU - Emslie-Smith, A. M.. AU - Mayeno, A. N.. AU - Nakano, S.. AU - Gleich, G. J.. AU - Engel, A. G.. N1 - Copyright: Copyright 2020 Elsevier B.V., All rights reserved.. PY - 1994/12. Y1 - 1994/12. N2 - l,l′-Ethylidenebis[tryptophan] (EBT), a derivative of L- tryptophan (LT), is a trace contaminant in batches of LT implicated by epidemiologic evidence in the pathogenesis of the eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS). We treated female Lewis rats with EBT or unimplicated LT (4 mg per 100 grams daily) by intraperitoneal injection. No rash or weakness occurred in either group. All three EBT rats had a few necrotic muscle fibers. In two rats, perimysium and fascia were abnormally thickened and infiltrated with lymphocytes, macrophages, and sparse eosinophils; two rats had sparse perineurial inflammatory cells. Rats treated with unimplicated LT ...
Ultrastructure of Glomerular Basement Membrane in Active Heymann Nephritis Rats Revealed by Tissue-Negative Staining Method -...
Tissue-Negative Staining法によって明らかになったActive Heymann Nephritisラット腎糸球体基底膜の超微細構 ...
Heterotopic heart transplantation: The United States experience<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Heterotopic heart transplantation. T2 - The United States experience. AU - Jahanyar, Jama. AU - Koerner, Michael M.. AU - Ghodsizad, Ali. AU - Loebe, Matthias. AU - Noon, George P.. PY - 2014/6. Y1 - 2014/6. N2 - Introduction: More than 3 decades have passed since the first heterotopic heart transplantation (HHT) was reported. Nowadays, this surgical technique is used rarely, and only in patients who do not qualify for standard orthotopic heart transplantation (OHT). Current indications mainly comprise refractory pulmonary hypertension and a donor-recipient size mismatch (,20%). The objective of this study was to analyze the United States experience with HHT. Patients and Methods: The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) database between 1987 and 2007 was analyzed. Patients who underwent heart transplantation were enrolled in this study. Patients with missing transplant dates or history of retransplantation were excluded. Results: A total of 41,379 patients underwent OHT and ...
Rat strain differences in peripheral and central serotonin transporter protein expression and function
Female Fischer 344 (F344) rats have been shown to display increased serotonin transporter (5-HTT) gene expression in the dorsal raphe, compared to female Lewis (LEW) rats. Herein, we explored, by means of synaptosomal preparations and in vivo microdialysis, whether central, but also peripheral, 5-HTT protein expression/function differ between strains. Midbrain and hippocampal [3H]paroxetine binding at the 5-HTT and hippocampal [3H]serotonin (5-HT) reuptake were increased in male and female F344 rats, compared to their LEW counterparts, these strain differences being observed both in rats of commercial origin and in homebred rats. Moreover, in homebred rats, it was found that these strain differences extended to blood platelet 5-HTT protein expression and function. Saturation studies of midbrain and hippocampal [3H]paroxetine binding at the 5-HTT, and hippocampal and blood platelet [3H]5-HT reuptake, also revealed significant strain differences in Bmax and Vmax values. Although F344 and LEW rats ...
Anti-inflammatory Effects of Aronia Extract on Rat Endotoxin-Induced Uveitis | IOVS | ARVO Journals
purpose. Aronia crude extract (ACE) with high levels of polyphenol compounds has been reported to have antioxidative effects in vitro and in vivo. In this study, attention was focused on the antioxidant effect of ACE. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of ACE on endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) in rats. In addition, the endotoxin-induced expression of the inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 proteins was investigated in a mouse macrophage cell line (RAW 264.7) treated with ACE in vitro, to clarify the anti-inflammatory effect.. methods. EIU was induced in male Lewis rats by a footpad injection of lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Immediately after the LPS inoculation, 1, 10, or 100 mg ACE or 10 mg prednisolone was injected intravenously. After 24 hours, the aqueous humor was collected from both eyes, and the number of infiltrating cells, protein concentration, nitric oxide (NO), prostaglandin (PG)-E2, and TNF-α levels in the aqueous humor were ...
Interaction between rapamycin and pretransplant blood transfusions in rat heterotopic heart transplantation<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Interaction between rapamycin and pretransplant blood transfusions in rat heterotopic heart transplantation. AU - Tucker, M. J.. AU - Duplan, J.. AU - Li, Xian Chang. AU - Garcia, B.. AU - Wijsman, J.. AU - Stiller, C.. AU - McKenzie, F. N.. PY - 1993/1/1. Y1 - 1993/1/1. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=0027418974&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=0027418974&partnerID=8YFLogxK. M3 - Article. C2 - 8438458. AN - SCOPUS:0027418974. VL - 25. SP - 725. EP - 726. JO - Transplantation Proceedings. JF - Transplantation Proceedings. SN - 0041-1345. IS - 1. ER - ...
Histological features and blood plasma changes after heterotopic heart transplantation
Гистологические и плазменные изменения после гетеротопической трансплантации сердцаHistological features and blood plasma changes after heterotopic heart transplantation
Involvement of E-cadherin cleavage in reperfusion injury<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Involvement of E-cadherin cleavage in reperfusion injury. AU - Goto, Taichiro. AU - Ishizaka, Akitoshi. AU - Katayama, Masahiko. AU - Kohno, Mitsutomo. AU - Tasaka, Sadatomo. AU - Fujishima, Seitaro. AU - Kobayashi, Koichi. AU - Nomori, Hiroaki. PY - 2010/2/1. Y1 - 2010/2/1. N2 - Objective: E-cadherin is a major cell-to-cell adhesion molecule, of which the ectodomain is cleaved from epithelial cells to yield a soluble form after the pathological alteration of the alveolar epithelium. We investigated the excretion level of soluble E-cadherin in a rat lung isotransplant model, and demonstrated the involvement of this molecule in the pathogenesis of reperfusion injury after lung transplantation. Methods: Inbred male Lewis rats were used as both donor and recipient animals, and they were subjected to left lung isotransplantation. After 6 h of ischaemia, the left lung was transplanted into a recipient rat and reperfused for 4 h. The animals were injected intravenously with ...
The Dr. Rath Health Foundation
Proceddings of the Society of Experimental Biology and Medicine 1989 May;191(1):47-54 The effects of additional but nontoxic amounts of vitamin A on susceptibility to salmonella infection was studied by comparing rates of bacterial clearance and phagocytosis. Forty-eight male Lewis rats were divided into a treatment group receiving a total of 6000 units of vitamin A palmitate weekly for 5 weeks and a control group was given an equal volume of saline. After completion of the treatment regimen, one-half from each group were infected intraperitoneally with 10(5) Salmonella typhimurium; the other half received intraperitoneal injection of saline. At this time no differences in weight gain were noted and all animals were sacrificed within 2 weeks. At 72 hr after bacterial challenge, all saline-treated control animals displayed bacteremia. Cultures of liver and splenic homogenates were positive in 89 and 100% of infected control animals vs 0 and 44% for treated animals during the first week of ...
Asian Science Citation Index - Articles written by M Sugano
Background. Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is an important risk factor for cardiovascular disease (CVD). Increased oxidative stress plays a role in the pathogenesis of CVD in CKD patients. The oral charcoal adsorbent AST-120 attenuates the progression of CKD possibly by removing uraemic toxins such as indoxyl sulfate (IS), and reduces oxidative stress. We investigated the relationship between oxidative stress and cardiac damage in CKD and its prevention by AST-120.. Methods. Male Lewis rats were administered adriamycin at 8 weeks of age, and the right kidney was removed at 12 weeks of age. From 14 weeks of age, the rats were treated daily with AST-120 (n = 8) or were untreated (control group, n = 8). At 34 weeks of age, the rats were killed and urinary and blood biochemical tests as well as cardiac histological analyses were performed.. Results. At 14 weeks of age, there were no significant differences in blood pressure, renal function (creatinine clearance: 1.54 ± 0.28 mL/min versus 1.60 ± 0.22 ...
Search Results | AKJournals
Ductular reaction (DR) in bile duct ligated rats generally appears from 2nd day after biliary obstruction (BO). However, we show that increased amount of ductular profiles is evident already in 6 hours after BDL. The study aims to explain the origin of such an early DR in response to BO. Male Lewis rats were subjected to common bile duct ligation (CBDL) for 3, 6, 12 and 24 hours and sham operation. Liver samples were studied histologically, immunohistochemically (Ki67, pan-Cytokeratin /AE1 + AE3/ and OV-6) and by immunoblotting analyses. It appeared that number of ductular profiles increase in timerelated manner after BO. These ductular profiles are formed by biliary epitheliocyte-like cells; No mitotic activity was revealed. Part of hepatocytes reveals pan-Cytokeratin positivity on 12 and 24 hours after BO. Total cytokeratins content at 24 hours after CBDL was 37% higher in comparison with control data. The significant increase was observed for the cytokeratins with molecular weights: 61, 56 ...
Giant cell myocarditis responding to immunosuppressive therapy.
An unusual case of giant cell myocarditis presenting with cardiogenic shock that dramatically responded to conventional dose of steroids and azathioprine is reported. Cardiac recovery was rapid, complete (left ventricular ejection fraction rose to 55
Heterotopic Heart Transplantation in Mice | Protocol (Translated to Portuguese)
O rato modelo de transplante cardíaco heterotópico tem sido comprovada por muitos pesquisadores de ser um método importante para o...
Strain differences influence timing and magnitude of both acute and late inflammatory reactions after intratracheal...
The acute pulmonary responses after exposure to sulfur and nitrogen mustards are well documented whereas the late pulmonary effects are not. With a novel focus on the immune system this paper investigate whether late phase pulmonary effects developed in rats exposed to the nitrogen mustard melphalan are linked to the acute responses and whether the reactions are genetically regulated. The DA rat strain was used to establish a lung exposure model. Five other inbred rat strains (PVG, PVG.1AV1, LEW, WF and F344) were compared within the model at selected time points. All rat strains displayed a biphasic pattern of leukocyte infiltration in the lungs, dominated by neutrophils 2 days after exposure and a second peak dominated by macrophages 29 days after exposure. The number of macrophages was higher in the DA rat compared with the other strains. The infiltration of lymphocytes in the lungs varied in both time of appearance and magnitude between strains. The quantity of collagen deposition in the ...
Lew Green & Joe Muranyi: Together - JazzTimes
If you can feel your pancreas dancing, the music is swinging. The quote comes from Bob Leary, banjoist/guitarist on this session. The visceral aspect is hard to prove, but his musical assessment is quite accurate. Cornetist Lew Green and clarinetist Joe Muranyi, who have individually accumulated many decades of touring and recording world-wide, even working as sidemen in the same bands, finally pool their Traditional talents as co-leaders, and the result is often authentic, vintage Dixieland. What gives it authenticity right at the outset, Oriental Man, is the bouncy sound of Vince Giordanos bass sax, plus the firm stride backing of pianist Jeff Barnhart. Guitarist Leary, who approaches his instrument with the same percussiveness as the banjo, also contributes a fine solo. The track has a joyous retro feel to it ...
1lew.1 | SWISS-MODEL Template Library
SWISS-MODEL Template Library (SMTL) entry for 1lew.1. CRYSTAL STRUCTURE OF MAP KINASE P38 COMPLEXED TO THE DOCKING SITE ON ITS NUCLEAR SUBSTRATE MEF2A
Lew s Mach Speed Stick Casting Rod | Kittery Trading Post
It all starts with the blank, which is lightweight and sensitive IM6 graphite constructed using Lew s® proprietary Carbon Nano Tube process. The blank is multi-…
LACOSTE BARBADOS HW2 MULTICOLOR 725LEW4006221 - Trampki 0,00 PLN - Symbiosis.com.pl
LACOSTE BARBADOS HW2 725LEW4006221 Najwyższa jakość produktów ✅ Oficjalny dystrybutor marek ✅ Darmowa dostawa ✅ - Symbiosis - Lacoste
eam什么意思,eam的中文翻譯,eam的發音,用法和例句 - WebSaru英漢字典
eam中文意思: eam  |希| Ethniko Apelevtherotiko Metopo(第二次世界大戰時希臘的) 民族解放陣線(=National ..., 學習eam發音, eam例句盡在WebSaru字典。
Photosynthesis - Physical, molecular and physiological processes - Jack Farineau, Jean-François Morot-Gaudry (EAN13 :...
Photosynthesis - Physical, molecular and physiological processes - Jack Farineau, Jean-François Morot-Gaudry (EAN13 : 9782759226696)
San Joan bezperako gau magikoa - Gaztezulo
Udako solstizioa ekainaren 21ean den arren, hilaren 23an, hau da, San Joan bezperan ospatzen dugu urteko gau motzena, erlijioaren eraginez. Herri gehienetan bezala, Euskal mitologiaren arabera, gau berezia da gaurkoa.
Genetic control of experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis in mice. II. Lymphocyte proliferative response to acetylcholine...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Genetic control of experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis in mice. II. Lymphocyte proliferative response to acetylcholine receptor is dependent on Lyt-1+ 23- cells. AU - Christadoss, P.. AU - Krco, C. J.. AU - Lennon, V. A.. AU - David, C. S.. PY - 1981. Y1 - 1981. N2 - Autoantibodies to acetylcholine receptors (AChR) are demonstrable in approximately 90% of patients with acquired myasthenia gravis (MG) and are the major pathogenic cause of the defect in neuromuscular transmission that is characteristic of MG. Experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis (EAMG) can be induced in animals by immunization with AChR and adjuvants. Induction of EAMG and of autoantibodies to AChR is T cell dependent. Studies in congenic mice revealed that susceptibility to EAMG is linked to the major histocompatibility complex. The lymphocyte proliferative response to AChR is controlled in congenic mice by gene(s) within the 1-A subregion. In this communication we present evidence that proliferation of ...
Neuromuscular transmission in experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis (EAMG) | SpringerLink
Chronic experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis (EAMG) was induced in rats by immunization with acetylcholine receptor (AChR) purified from the electroplax of Torpedo californica. 35-40 days after...
Cells | Free Full-Text | Blocking LFA-1 Aggravates Cardiac Inflammation in Experimental Autoimmune Myocarditis | HTML
The lymphocyte function-associated antigen 1 (LFA-1) is a member of the beta2-integrin family and plays a pivotal role for T cell activation and leukocyte trafficking under inflammatory conditions. Blocking LFA-1 has reduced or aggravated inflammation depending on the inflammation model. To investigate the effect of LFA-1 in myocarditis, mice with experimental autoimmune myocarditis (EAM) were treated with a function blocking anti-LFA-1 antibody from day 1 of disease until day 21, the peak of inflammation. Cardiac inflammation was evaluated by measuring infiltration of leukocytes into the inflamed cardiac tissue using histology and flow cytometry and was assessed by analysis of the heart weight/body weight ratio. LFA-1 antibody treatment severely enhanced leukocyte infiltration, in particular infiltration of CD11b+ monocytes, F4/80+ macrophages, CD4+ T cells, Ly6G+ neutrophils, and CD133+ progenitor cells at peak of inflammation which was accompanied by an increased heart weight/body weight ratio. Thus,
Serval - Hyperacute graft rejection during heart transplantation for giant cell myocarditis: a case report.
We report the case of a patient with giant cell myocarditis who was bridged to transplantation with mechanical circulatory support and developed a fatal perioperative hyperacute rejection. The patient had received abundant transfusions that had raised her anti-HLA antibody titers. The cross-match test was positive. No pre-transplantation immunosuppressive therapy had been administered given concomitant infection. The severity and acuteness of the rejection in this case likely reflect the combined effect of preformed anti-HLA antibodies in the context of an active organ-specific immune process at the time of transplantation. This case raises the questions of the need for intensive immunosuppressive therapy before transplantation in giant cell myocarditis and of the management of patients with positive cross-match in the context of a giant cell myocarditis.
Prolongation of allograft survival in rat heterotopic heart transplantation by TLCK, a serine protease inhibitor. - Semantic...
Semantic Scholar extracted view of Prolongation of allograft survival in rat heterotopic heart transplantation by TLCK, a serine protease inhibitor. by Paul Morrissey et al.
Etanercept treatment in the endotoxin-induced uveitis of rats | AVESİS
This study was conducted to investigate therapeutic value of a soluble tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) receptor, etanercept, in a rat model of endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU). Forty-two inbred male Lewis rats were divided into seven equal groups. 200 mug of Escherichia coli 055:1355 lipopolysaccharide, (LPS) was injected in one hind footpad of the Groups 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 rats. Group 5, 6, and 7 rats also received subcutaneous etanercept 24 hr prior to LPS injection at a dose of 0(.)4 mg kg(-1). Group 1 rats were used as controls. Eight, 24, and 48 hr after treatment clinical uvetis scores (miosis, iris hyperemia, and hypopyon) were assessed by a masked observer and the rats were euthanized. Neutrophil leukocytes, CD8 +, CD4 +, and CD45RO + cells in the anterior uveal tissue were counted either after hematoxylin-eosin or monoclonal antibody staining. TNF-alpha. levels were also measured in the aqueous humor samples by an ELISA method. Etanercept treatment significantly improved ...
chondrex 9046 - Gentaur Laboratoire
Les Produits de Chondrex Modèles animaux Anticorps Tests danticorps Recherche sur les bactéries Recherche contre le cancer Collagène Collagénase HMGB1 Dosages de protéines Coloration des tissus Tampons dimmunoanalyse Métabolisme cellulaire Les MSDS ou fiches de données de sécurités Protocoles Gentaur Assay kits en collaboration Animal Model Protocols Arthritis Scoring System Collagen Antibody-Induced Arthritis - Mouse (cat# 53010, 53040, 53100) Collagen-Induced Arthritis - Mouse Collagen-Induced Arthritis - Mouse (Visual Guide) Collagen-Induced Arthritis - Rat Adjuvant-Induced Arthritis - […]. ...
Intact B-cell activity is essential for complete expression of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in Lewis rats<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Intact B-cell activity is essential for complete expression of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in Lewis rats. AU - Gausas, J.. AU - Paterson, P. Y.. AU - Day, E. D.. AU - Dal Canto, M. C.. PY - 1982/9/15. Y1 - 1982/9/15. N2 - B-Cell activity in weanling Lewis rats was inhibited by injections of goat anti-rat mu-chain antiserum (GAMS) from birth on, as demonstrated by markedly reduced or absent myelin basic protein (MBP) binding activity of sera. Following challenge with guinea pig spinal cord (GPSC)-complete Freunds adjuvant (CFA) and continued GAMS treatment, all rats remained clinically well without a trace of neurological signs. Histopathologically, central nervous system (CNS) perivascular fibrin deposits, typically accompanying paralytic signs of the disease, were virtually absent in GAMS-treated rats, despite occurrence of perivascular cell infiltrates of variable degrees of severity. In addition, preliminary studies of plastic embedded tissues suggest that ...
Involvement of E-cadherin cleavage in reperfusion injury<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Involvement of E-cadherin cleavage in reperfusion injury. AU - Goto, Taichiro. AU - Ishizaka, Akitoshi. AU - Katayama, Masahiko. AU - Kohno, Mitsutomo. AU - Tasaka, Sadatomo. AU - Fujishima, Seitaro. AU - Kobayashi, Koichi. AU - Nomori, Hiroaki. N1 - Copyright: Copyright 2011 Elsevier B.V., All rights reserved.. PY - 2010/2. Y1 - 2010/2. N2 - Objective: E-cadherin is a major cell-to-cell adhesion molecule, of which the ectodomain is cleaved from epithelial cells to yield a soluble form after the pathological alteration of the alveolar epithelium. We investigated the excretion level of soluble E-cadherin in a rat lung isotransplant model, and demonstrated the involvement of this molecule in the pathogenesis of reperfusion injury after lung transplantation. Methods: Inbred male Lewis rats were used as both donor and recipient animals, and they were subjected to left lung isotransplantation. After 6 h of ischaemia, the left lung was transplanted into a recipient rat and reperfused ...
cis Element Decoy Against Nuclear Factor-κB Attenuates Development of Experimental Autoimmune Myocarditis in Rats | Circulation...
Thank you for your interest in spreading the word on Circulation Research.. NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. We do not capture any email address. ...
GMS | 128. Kongress der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Chirurgie | Nestin-positive cells in experimental rat renal grafts...
Introduction: Chronic allograft nephropathy is characterized by arterial remodeling, tubular atrophy, graft fibrosis, and renal dysfunction. Its pathogenesis is poorly understood and no therapies are available. Nestin, a constituent of intermediate filaments, is a marker of progenitor cells which may contribute to chronic allograft remodeling. Here, we test the hypothesis, that Nestin is over-expressed in renal allografts during the development of chronic nephropathy.. Materials and methods: Renal transplantation was performed in the allogeneic Fischer 344 to Lewis rat strain combination. Isogeneic transplantation was done in the Lewis rat and untreated Lewis rats served as controls. Nestin-expression was investigated by real-time RT-PCR, Westernblotting and immunohistochemistry in controls and in grafts on days 9 and 42 post-transplantation (n = 4 per group).. Results: On histological sections of untreated control kidneys, Nestin-immunoreactivity was detected in all glomeruli and in very few ...
Imunodeppression induced by thalidomide and cyclosporine in heterotopic heart transplantation of rabbits
Os movimentos respiratórios, coloração das mucosas, batimentos cardíacos nos corações próprios e transplantados foram avaliados em intervalos de cinco minutos até a recuperação da atividade cardíaca normal, com ritmo e freqüência adequados. A seguir, os animais foram transferidos para gaiolas adequadas, um animal por gaiola, e mantidos aquecidos por holofotes equipados com lâmpadas fluorescentes de 100 Watts de potência. Os animais receberam ração e água previamente filtrada à vontade. Colheram-se 3 ml de sangue dos animais imunodeprimidos com ciclosporina para medida dos níveis séricos da droga por meio de radioimunoensaio (RIE). No pós-operatório, os animais foram pesados diariamente. Observou-se o seu estado geral e, por palpação abdominal, identificou-se a presença de batimentos no coração transplantado. Quando cessaram os batimentos cardíacos no coração transplantado, os animais foram mortos com indução de parada cardiorrespiratória por injeção endovenosa ...
Ventricular Remodeling of the Native Heart after Heterotopic Heart Transplantation | NTU Scholars
臺大位居世界頂尖大學之列，為永久珍藏及向國際展現本校豐碩的研究成果及學術能量，圖書館整合機構典藏（NTUR）與學術庫（AH）不同功能平台，成為臺大學術典藏NTU scholars。期能整合研究能量、促進交流合作、保存學術產出、推廣研究成果。. To permanently archive and promote researcher profiles and scholarly works, Library integrates the services of NTU Repository with Academic Hub to form NTU Scholars.. ...
Fenestrated CNS blood vessels in chronic experimental allergic encephalomyelitis<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Fenestrated CNS blood vessels in chronic experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. AU - Snyder, David H.. AU - Hirano, Asao. AU - Raine, Cedric S.. PY - 1975/12/26. Y1 - 1975/12/26. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=0016764866&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=0016764866&partnerID=8YFLogxK. U2 - 10.1016/0006-8993(75)90163-8. DO - 10.1016/0006-8993(75)90163-8. M3 - Article. C2 - 1192197. AN - SCOPUS:0016764866. VL - 100. SP - 645. EP - 649. JO - Brain Research. JF - Brain Research. SN - 0006-8993. IS - 3. ER - ...
The Cardiac Microenvironment Instructs Divergent Monocyte Fates and Functions in Myocarditis
360836082019-07-152019-07-1516:21:5216:21:522019-07-252019-07-2512:13:0112:13:01Hou, X;Chen, G;Bracamonte-Baran, W;Choi, HS;Diny, NL;Sung, J;Hughes, D;Won, T;Wood, MK;Talor, MV;Hackam, DJ;Klingel, K;Davogustto, G;Taegtmeyer, H;Coppens, I;Barin, JG;Čiháková, D;Hou, X;Chen, G;Bracamonte-Baran, W;Choi, HS;Diny, NL;Sung, J;Hughes, D;Won, T;Wood, MK;Talor, MV;Hackam, DJ;Klingel, K;Davogustto, G;Taegtmeyer, H;Coppens, I;Barin, JG;Čiháková, D;20192019The Cardiac Microenvironment Instructs Divergent Monocyte Fates and Functions in MyocarditisThe Cardiac Microenvironment Instructs Divergent Monocyte Fates and Functions in MyocarditisCell ReportsCell Reports172-189.e7172-189.e72828113126943831269438. Two types of monocytes, Ly6Chi and Ly6Clo, infiltrate the heart in murine experimental autoimmune myocarditis (EAM). We discovered a role for cardiac fibroblasts in facilitating monocyte-to-macrophage differentiation of both Ly6Chi and Ly6Clo cells, allowing these macrophages to perform divergent ...
Original paper Calf thymus extract attenuates severity of experimental encephalomyelitis in Lewis rats
The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of treatment of Lewis rats with calf thymus extract (TFX®) and its six-peptide fraction on the course of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE). Interferon- ß served as a reference drug. We found that intramuscular administration of the...
Dissociation of the protection from experimental autoimmune enzephalomyelitis and the allergic side reactions in tolerization...
Administration of autoantigens under conditions that induce type 2 immunity frequently leads to protection from T cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Such treatments, however, are inherently linked to the induction of IgG1 Abs and to the risk of triggering anaphylactic reactions. We studied the therapeutic benefit vs. risk of immune deviation in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis of SJL mice induced by MP4, a myelin basic protein-proteolipid protein (PLP) fusion protein. MP4 administration in IFA induced type 2 T cell immunity, IgG1 Abs, and experimental allergic encephalomyelitis protection, and all three were enhanced by repeat injections. Despite high Ab titers, anaphylactic side reactions were not observed when MP4 was repeatedly injected in IFA or as soluble Ag s.c. In contrast, lethal anaphylaxis was seen after s.c. injection of soluble PLP:139 - 151 peptide, but not when the peptide was reinjected in IFA. Therefore, the Ab response accompanying the immune therapy constituted an ...
Autoimmune myasthenia gravis after cardiac surgery. - Oxford Neuroscience
Low Dose Rapamycin Exacerbates Autoimmune Experimental Uveitis - pdf descargar
Low Dose Rapamycin Exacerbates Autoimmune Experimental Uveitis. . Biblioteca virtual para leer y descargar libros, documentos, trabajos y tesis universitarias en PDF. Material universiario, documentación y tareas realizadas por universitarios en nuestra biblioteca. Para descargar gratis y para leer online.
A Fusion Protein Consisting of IL-16 and the Encephalitogenic Peptide of Myelin Basic Protein Constitutes an Antigen-Specific...
The purpose of this study was to test the concept of a tolerogenic vaccine. The prediction was that a fusion protein containing a tolerogenic cytokine and the major encephalitogenic determinant of GPMBP (i.e., the NAg) would represent a qualitatively superior tolerogen compared with Ag alone. The covalently linked cytokine was predicted to provide two critical activities. First, the cytokine was predicted to bind the respective receptors on particular subsets of APC and condition those APC to express tolerogenic, anti-inflammatory, or inhibitory activity. Secondly, the binding of the cytokine domain to the cytokine receptor on those APC was predicted to target the covalently tethered Ag to the MHCII Ag processing pathway of those APC. Such a mechanism would ensure presentation of the covalently tethered NAg predominantly on cytokine-conditioned APC. Six cytokines were tested as potential candidates, including IL1-RA, IL-2, IL-4, IL-10, IL-13, and IL-16. IL-1RA and IL-16 were predicted to have ...
NAVER Academic | Prevention of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by targeting nitric oxide and peroxynitrite:...
D C Hooper, O Bagasra, J C Marini, A Zborek, S T Ohnishi, R Kean, J M Champion, A B Sarker, L Bobroski, J L Farber, T Akaike, H Maeda, H Koprowski
Beta-O2 Technologies Ltd. | Pre-Clinical
Beta-O2 Technologies Ltd. has tested the long-term functionality of the βAir device in isogeneic (Lewis rat to Lewis rat), allogeneic (Lewis rat to Sprague-Dawley rat), and xenogeneic (rat to pig model) transplantations, in small animals (rats) and in large animals (pigs). The system has demonstrated safety and long term functionality in a non-immunosuppressed environment.. The results of the studies demonstrated:. ...
Itch & Ooze: Gross Stuff on Your Skin book by Kristi Lew, Michael Slack (Illustrator) | 1 available editions | Alibris Books
Itch & Ooze: Gross Stuff on Your Skin by Kristi Lew, Michael Slack (Illustrator) starting at $0.99. Itch & Ooze: Gross Stuff on Your Skin has 1 available editions to buy at Alibris
EAN 2260535620120 Topshop Floral Print Crochet Trim Camisole Grey 8 (6-8 US)
EAN 2260535620120 Brilliant white flora covers a monochrome cami suspended from slim straps and finished with inky crocheted lace trimming the hem. Color(s): , also find 2260535620120 barcode , images and shopping info of EAN 2260535620120
List of MeSH codes (B01)
... rats, inbred f344 MeSH B01.050.157.760.275 - rats, inbred lec MeSH B01.050.157.760.280 - rats, inbred lew MeSH B01.050.157.760. ... rats, inbred f344 MeSH B01.050.199.520.760.275 - rats, inbred lec MeSH B01.050.199.520.760.280 - rats, inbred lew MeSH B01.050. ... rats, inbred aci MeSH B01.050.157.760.090 - rats, inbred bb MeSH B01.050.157.760.110 - rats, inbred bn MeSH B01.050.157.760.130 ... rats, inbred shr MeSH B01.050.157.760.360 - rats, inbred wf MeSH B01.050.157.760.390 - rats, inbred wky MeSH B01.050.199.040 - ...
List of Viz comic strips
The Pie-Eyed Piper - A parody of The Pied Piper of Hamelin where the titular piper is so drunk he even makes the rats get drunk ... The comic strip was created by editor Chris Donald, but is now drawn by Lew Stringer. Ferdinand the Foodie - a self-proclaimed ... Farmer Palmer - a paranoid, money-grabbing farmer with an inbred son whose catch phrase is "Get orf moi laaaand!". He ... Rat Boy - a pre-teen repeat offender and drug addict, characterised by a permanent "tail" of excrement protruding from his ...
Gene transfer into CD4+ T lymphocytes: green fluorescent protein-engineered, encephalitogenic T cells illuminate brain...
Characterization of the macrophage transcriptome in glomerulonephritis-susceptible and -resistant rat strains
Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats show marked susceptibility to CRGN, whereas Lewis rats are resistant. Glomerular injury and crescent ... Rats, Inbred Lew * Rats, Inbred WKY Grant support * MC_U120061454/Medical Research Council/United Kingdom ... Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats show marked susceptibility to CRGN, whereas Lewis rats are resistant. Glomerular injury and crescent ... Characterization of the macrophage transcriptome in glomerulonephritis-susceptible and -resistant rat strains Genes Immun. 2011 ...
Daniel O. Schmitt, Professor of Evolutionary Anthropology and Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
Common variations in the pretest environment influence genotypic comparisons in models of anxiety.
Rats. Rats, Inbred Lew. Rats, Inbred SHR. Species Specificity. Stress, Psychological / genetics, psychology. ... To this end, the inbred rat strains Lewis (LEW) and spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR), which are known to differ for ... Cage position, on the other hand, influenced the behavior in the OF and BWB, with rats housed in top cages appearing less ... 3685167 - Pubertal decline in maternal responsiveness in long-evans rats: maturational influences.. 2046487 - Effect of low ...
Neutral protease activity in lymphocytes of Lewis rats with acute experimental allergic encephalomyelitis.
Lymphocytes from popliteal and inguinal lymph nodes of Lewis rats with acute EAE as a result of injection of lyophilized guinea ... Rats. Rats, Inbred Lew. Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate. T-Lymphocytes / enzymology. Chemical. Reg. No./Substance: 0/Enzyme Inhibitors; ... Lymphocytes from popliteal and inguinal lymph nodes of Lewis rats with acute EAE as a result of injection of lyophilized guinea ...
Oligodeoxynucleotides containing CpG motifs can induce T cell-dependent arthritis in rats.
Treatment with anti-CTLA-4 greatly enhances IL-5 prod | Open-i
Effects on the immunohistochemical aspects of EAU. Uppe | Open-i
Upper left; In the IRBP-control rat, HO-1 was occasionally expressed in the ganglion cell layer (arrow head) ... than in the IRBP-control rat. Lower left; There was scanty expression of HO-1 (arrow head) in the SnPP-treated rat. Lower right ... than in the IRBP-control rat. Lower left; There was scanty expression of HO-1 (arrow head) in the SnPP-treated rat. Lower right ... Three normal control rats were used for Western blotting and ELISA assay of HO-1. The clinical uveitis signs of inflammation ...
The efficacy of CD40 ligand blockade in discordant pig-to-rat islet xenotransplantation is correlated with an immunosuppressive...
Strain differences influence timing and magnitude of both acute and late inflammatory reactions after intratracheal...
The DA rat strain was used to establish a lung exposure model. Five other inbred rat strains (PVG, PVG.1AV1, LEW, WF and F344) ... LEW further displayed an increased number of T helper cells and natural killer (NK) T cells in the lungs. The results in this ... All rat strains displayed a biphasic pattern of leukocyte infiltration in the lungs, dominated by neutrophils 2 days after ... The number of macrophages was higher in the DA rat compared with the other strains. The infiltration of lymphocytes in the ...
Gene Silencing of 4-1BB by RNA Interference Inhibits Acute Rejection in Rats with Liver Transplantation
Brown-Norway (BN) recipient rats were infected by the recombinant LVs. The results showed that gene silencing of 4-1BB by RNAi ... In conclusion, our results demonstrate that gene silencing of 4-1BB by RNA interference inhibits the acute rejection in rats ... in recipient rats with liver transplantation. Lentivirus-mediated delivery of shRNA targeting 4-1BB gene prolonged the survival ... and the splenic lymphocytes isolated from the rats with liver transplantation. LV-sh4-1BB decreased the plasma levels of liver ...
Interactions of environmental conditions and genetic risk for drug taking | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
For example, the inbred rat strain LEW has been shown to self-administer stimulant drugs more readily than the F344 strain. ... The SC rats differed according to genotype, with SC LEW rats taking more amphetamine than SC F344 rats. An interaction of ... This study examined gene-by-environment interactions in susceptibility to drug use by raising LEW and F344 rats in varied ... The enriched rats of both strains showed less amphetamine self-administration, while the isolated rats of both strains were ...
Tatiana Foroud, PhD
Genes influencing spinal bone mineral density in inbred F344, LEW, COP, and DA rats. Alam I; Sun Q; Koller DL; Liu L; Liu Y; ... Quantitative trait locus for body weight identified on rat chromosome 4 in inbred alcohol-preferring and -nonpreferring rats: ... Sex-specific genetic loci for femoral neck bone mass and strength identified in inbred COP and DA rats. Alam I; Sun Q; Liu L; ... Genetic loci affecting bone structure and strength in inbred COP and DA rats. Sun Q; Alam I; Liu L; Koller DL; Carr LG; Econs ...
Howard J. Edenberg, PhD
Genes influencing spinal bone mineral density in inbred F344, LEW, COP, and DA rats. Alam I; Sun Q; Koller DL; Liu L; Liu Y; ... Differential gene expression in the nucleus accumbens with ethanol self-administration in inbred alcohol-preferring rats. Rodd ... Gene expression in the hippocampus of inbred alcohol-preferring and -nonpreferring rats. Edenberg HJ; Strother WN; McClintick ... Functional gene expression differences between inbred alcohol-preferring and -non-preferring rats in five brain regions. Kimpel ...
Frontal and occipital horn ratio is associated with multifocal intraparenchymal hemorrhages in neonatal shunted hydrocephalus...
Changes in cerebral microvasculature in congenital hydrocephalus of the inbred rat LEW/Jms: light and electron microscopic ... Changes in cerebral microvasculature in congenital hydrocephalus of the inbred rat LEW/Jms: light and electron microscopic ... Changes in cerebral microvasculature in congenital hydrocephalus of the inbred rat LEW/Jms: light and electron microscopic ... Changes in cerebral microvasculature in congenital hydrocephalus of the inbred rat LEW/Jms: light and electron microscopic ...
T cells become licensed in the lung to enter the central nervous system - University of Regensburg Publication Server
Annual Review of Hydrocephalus - - acheter English books | exlibris.ch
Changes in Cerebral Microvasculature in Congenital Hydrocephalus of the Inbred Rat LEW/Jms: Light and electron microscopic ... Histochemical Study of Acetylcholinesterase Activity in the Hippocampus of Rats with Kaolin-induced Hydrocephalus: A ... examination.- (4) Pathological Studies on the Brain of Congenital Hydrocephalic Rats.- (5) Experimental Chronic Subdural ...
Regulation of Human Nitric Oxide Synthase 2 Expression by Wnt β-Catenin Signaling | Cancer Research
Animals. Inbred male Lewis (LEW) rats weighing 300 to 350 g were obtained from Harlan Sprague Dawley, Inc. (Indianapolis, IN). ... Briefly, rats were injected with lithium chloride (LiCl) through the tail vein at low dose of 4.3 mg/kg and high dose of 12.9 ... LiCl induced hepatic NOS2 expression in vivo. To test our hypothesis in vivo, LiCl was injected into rats, and β-catenin and ... Control rats were injected with the same volume of vehicle (0.9% saline solution). Forty-eight hours following LiCl injection, ...
Intracerebral Injections and Ultrastructural Analysis of High‐Pressure Frozen Brain Tissue - Current Protocols
Adult inbred female, 2‐ to 3‐month‐old Lewis rats (180 to 245 g; strain: LEW/crlcrlj, rat genome database, RGD ID: 631576, ... By combining injections in the rat brain with state‐of‐the‐art electron microscopy, subtle changes in ultrastructure of the ... The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates (6th ed.). Elsevier Inc., Academic Press, London, UK. ... Golgi structure in three dimensions: Functional insights from the normal rat kidney cell. J. Cell Biol. 144:1135‐1149. doi: ...
Infection of Inbred Rat Strains with Rift Valley Fever Virus: Development of a Congenic Resistant Strain and Observations on...
... and dose-dependent in both WF and LEW rats. The resistance gene transferred to the newly derived WF.LEW congenic rat strain ... WF.LEW) was derived from the susceptible Wistar-Furth (WF) (background strain) and the resistant LEW (donor strain) inbred ... with full expression at approximately 10 weeks in the WF.LEW and LEW rat strains. The ZH501 strain caused fatal hepatitis in WF ... The congenic rat strain will be a valuable asset in elucidating the mechanism of resistance to Rift Valley fever virus governed ...
KRP-203, a Novel Synthetic Immunosuppressant, Prolongs Graft Survival and Attenuates Chronic Rejection in Rat Skin and Heart...
... rats were obtained from Japan SLC Inc (Hamamatsu, Japan). The inbred male LEW (RT1l) and F344 (RT1lvl) rats and Wistar rats ... Rat skin transplantation was performed using 5-week-old male rats according to Taylors procedure.8 The skin of LEW rat was ... were injected into the tail vein of the recipient LEW rats (10 weeks old, n=6). The recipient rats were given 1 mg · kg−1 · d−1 ... LEW to F344) rat combination. Histopathological and immunohistochemical analysis at 100 days after mHC-disparate rat heart ...
Stephan Busque | Stanford Medicine Profiles
... rejection of cardiac allografts has been developed in inbred rats using the WF.1L/Gut congenic strain as donor into LEW ... LBN-F1 to LEW), graft-vs.-host disease (GVH) (LEW to LBN-F1), and combined HVG and GVH immune responses (BN to LEW). Both drugs ... Synergistic effects of RAD and Neoral in inhibition of host-vs.-graft and graft-vs.-host immune responses in rat small-bowel ... Induction of long-term small bowel graft survival by low-dose immunosuppression in tolerized recipient rats XVI International ...
Bacterial Cell Wall-Induced Arthritis: Chemical Composition and Tissue Distribution of Four Lactobacillus Strains | Infection...
Animals.Pathogen-free inbred female LEW/SsNHsd rats (from the 202B colony at Harlan Sprague Dawley, Inc., Indianapolis, Ind.) ... Development of arthritis in female LEW/SsNHsd rats injected i.p. with cell walls from L. casei B ATCC 25303 (■) or L. casei C ... cell wall fragment distribution and persistence in chronic arthritis-susceptible LEW/N and -resistant F344/N rats. Arthritis ... thereafter for three rats (A) or for the number of rats indicated (B). ...
Contractile properties of enteric smooth muscle after small bowel transplantation in rats<...
PURPOSE: To study the contractile properties of enteric smooth muscle after SBTx in rats. METHODS: Five groups of inbred Lewis ... PURPOSE: To study the contractile properties of enteric smooth muscle after SBTx in rats. METHODS: Five groups of inbred Lewis ... PURPOSE: To study the contractile properties of enteric smooth muscle after SBTx in rats. METHODS: Five groups of inbred Lewis ... PURPOSE: To study the contractile properties of enteric smooth muscle after SBTx in rats. METHODS: Five groups of inbred Lewis ...
KAKEN - Research Projects | EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF SPECIFIC IMMUNOSUPPRESSION IN ORGAN TRANSPLANTATION (KAKENHI-PROJECT-61570619)
Inbred male LEW(RTl^1), BDE(RTl^u) and DA(RTl^a) rats were used. Heterotopic DBE heart allograft was performed in the abdomen ... Inoculation of hepatocytes before 4 or 7 days, DTH reponse in BDE treated rat were supressed LEW to 44.6%, 74.2% respectively. ... BDE, LEW and DA hepatocytes could significantly prolong BDE heart graft survival in LEW to 14.3, 9.3, 9.5 days respectively ... On the other hand, DTH response in DA treated rat were 72.5% and 76.5% respectively.. Inoculation of BDE spleen cells before 1 ...
DiVA - Search result
The DA rat strain was used to establish a lung exposure model. Five other inbred rat strains (PVG, PVG.1AV1, LEW, WF and F344) ... in naïve rats and in rats with induced allergic airway disease. The responses of two different inbred rat strains were compared ... only in DA rats. Sensitization of the rats induced a prominent OVA-specific-IgE and IgG response in the BN rat while DA rats ... DA rats were found to be higher responder compared to BN rats, both when it comes to responses in naïve and sensitized rats. ...
The genetic mediation of individual differences in sensitivity to pain and its inhibition | PNAS
The only obvious generalizations that can be made from Table 1 are the nociceptive sensitivity of the Lewis (LEW) inbred rat ... in LEW rats; this treatment was wholly ineffective in F344 rats. The authors concluded that this neuropathy was sympathetically ... Tables 1 and 2 present some existing data regarding inbred (and outbred) strain differences of relevance to pain in rats and ... Rodent populations of use for genetic analysis can either be produced (e.g., inbred strains, recombinant inbred strains, ...
Cytotoxic T-Cell-Mediated Response againstYersinia pseudotuberculosis in HLA-B27 Transgenic Rat | Infection and Immunity
Rats.Inbred nontransgenic LEW (RT11), brown Norway (BN; RT1n), and dark agouti (DA; RT1av1) rats 2 to 3 months old were ... Nontransgenic lymphoblast targets from inbred strains of rats other than LEW, such as BN (Fig. 2B) or DA (not shown), infected ... 21-4L rats hemizygous for the B27/hβ2m transgene, like nontransgenic LEW rats, mount an anti-Yersinia CTL response. However, we ... In addition, kinetics studies revealed a weaker anti-Yersinia CTL response in 21-4L rats than in nontransgenic LEW rats, and ...
Patent US4996193 - Combined topical and systemic method of administration of cyclosporine - Google Patents
LEW, RT11) rat recipient. These inbred strains are utilized because they are genetically homogeneous and well-defined, which ... The LEW rat was anesthetized and the skin excised to the subcutaneous fascia in the areas to be grafted. The dual 3 4 cm split ... LEW, RT11) rat recipient. Each recipient received two skin grafts: one anteriorly, and the other posteriorly, on the dorsal ... 15: 2434 (1983). Levels haVe ranged from 10 ug/gm of skin after 21 days of oral CsA (10 mg/kg/day) administration in rats, to ...
Lund University Publications
Inconsistent susceptibility to autoimmunity in inbred LEW rats is due to genetic crossbreeding involving segregation of the ... Positional identification of Ncf1 as a gene that regulates arthritis severity in rats. Olofsson, Peter LU ; Holmberg, Jens LU ... Pristane, a non-antigenic adjuvant, induces MHC class II-restricted, arthritogenic T cells in the rat. Holmberg, Jens LU ; ... Two-loci interaction confirms arthritis-regulating quantitative trait locus on rat chromosome 6. Olofsson, Peter LU ; Wernhoff ...
StrainsLewisF344TransplantationMiceReceptorsAutoimmuneStrainExperimentalGeneticSyngeneicSusceptibilityMethodsGraftsGeneGeneticallySusceptibleGlomerular basementDonorCongenicGenesMicroscopyAllograftLymphocytesLocusAllografts in ratsSignificantlyVitro1AV1TransgenicFactorsResistant phenotypeDifferencesAdjuvant-induced arthritisFemale ratsPathogenesisFemoralMyelin basic pGenotypeImmunohistochemistrySpontaneously hypertensiveDonorsChromosomePeptidesDiseaseIsletsArthritisLymphAstrocytesDiffer
- Moreover, we identified eight genes with differentially expressed alternatively spliced isoforms, by using an in-depth analysis at the probe level that allowed us to discard false positives owing to polymorphisms between the two rat strains. (nih.gov)
- In summary, our results identify distinct macrophage transcriptome profiles between two rat strains that differ in susceptibility to glomerulonephritis, provide novel positional candidates for Crgn3-7 and define groups of genes that play a significant role in differential regulation of macrophage activity. (nih.gov)
- Five other inbred rat strains (PVG, PVG.1AV1, LEW, WF and F344) were compared within the model at selected time points. (wiley.com)
- All rat strains displayed a biphasic pattern of leukocyte infiltration in the lungs, dominated by neutrophils 2 days after exposure and a second peak dominated by macrophages 29 days after exposure. (wiley.com)
- The number of macrophages was higher in the DA rat compared with the other strains. (wiley.com)
- The results in this study suggest there is a link between the development of lung fibrosis and high cytotoxic cell responses and that there is a genetic influence, as there are variations in acute and late adverse reactions between rat strains in both timing and magnitude. (wiley.com)
- The enriched rats of both strains showed less amphetamine self-administration, while the isolated rats of both strains were more prone to self-administration of amphetamine, with the IC condition causing even greater self-administration in the F344 strain than the LEW strain. (drugabuse.gov)
- A congenic rat strain (WF.LEW) was derived from the susceptible Wistar-Furth (WF) (background strain) and the resistant LEW (donor strain) inbred strains and was used to evaluate the phenotypic expression of a dominant Mendelian gene that confers resistance to fatal hepatic disease caused by the ZH501 strain of Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV). (ajtmh.org)
- Resistance to hepatic disease developed gradually with age, with full expression at approximately 10 weeks in the WF.LEW and LEW rat strains. (ajtmh.org)
- To study what determines the arthritogenicity of bacterial cell walls, cell wall-induced arthritis in the rat was applied, using four strains of Lactobacillus . (asm.org)
- The four bacterial strains used were purchased from the American Type Culture Collection, Manassas, Va. Two strains are L. casei B ATCC 11578 and L. casei B ATCC 25303, the cell walls of which have been reported to induce chronic arthritis in the rat ( 28 , 30 ). (asm.org)
- Our team has shown that the inbred rat strains Lewis (LEW) and Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats (SHR) differ with respect to several emotionalityrelated behaviors, one of which (inner locomotion in the open eld) was strongly inuenced by a QTL (Anxrr16) on rat chromosome 4. (scirp.org)
- Rat strains have been previously shown to vary in their susceptibility to this parasite. (prolekare.cz)
- We report here that rat macrophages from different inbred strains also vary in sensitivity to Toxoplasma induced lysis. (prolekare.cz)
- However varying levels of resistance also exist among rat strains. (prolekare.cz)
- Only macrophages from LT-sensitive rat strains undergo rapid caspase-1 dependent death (pyroptosis). (prolekare.cz)
- The HXB/BXH recombinant inbred (RI) rat collection, developed from the SHR/Ola and BN-Lx congenic parental strains  -  , with opposing LT sensitivities, was used to map anthrax toxin susceptibility to a single locus at 55.8-58.1 Mb of rat chromosome 10. (prolekare.cz)
- To identify a gene or genes regulating fracture risk at the femoral neck, we mapped quantitative trait loci (QTL) for femoral neck density and structure phenotypes using a 595 F2 progeny derived from the inbred F344 and LEW strains of rats. (galileo-training.com)
- Differences in spontaneous allograft acceptance after liver transplantation among inbred rat strains might be explained by variation in the local production of TNF-α as a potent mediator of the inflammatory response. (eur.nl)
- As such, polymorphisms in the Tnf gene may also provide a possible explanation for differences in survival of allogeneic liver grafts among inbred rat strains. (eur.nl)
- We therefore investigated the capacity of mononuclear cells to produce TNF-α in response to a mitogenic stimulus and the Tnf locus was sequenced in six different inbred rat strains. (eur.nl)
- Among the six strains (AUG, BN, DA, LEW, PVG and WF), 44 nucleotide differences including 36 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), five simple sequence length polymorphisms, two deletions and one insertion, were found in the Tnf gene. (eur.nl)
- Although, the inbred rat strains differed significantly in mean levels of maximum TNF-α production (P = 0.001), no associations were found with nucleotide differences within the Tnf gene. (eur.nl)
- In conclusion, our results indicate that differential in vitro TNF-α responses among inbred rat strains are not associated with nucleotide differences within non-coding regulatory regions of the rat TNF-α gene. (eur.nl)
- MOG 91-108 is the encephalitogenic stretch within MOG 1-125 in two EAE-susceptible MHC congenic LEW rat strains [LEW.1AV1 (RT1(av1)) and LEW.1N (RT1(n))] and DA (RT1(av1)) rats. (unboundmedicine.com)
- Thus, inbred rat strains seem to differ in virus susceptibility depending on their breeding histories. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- A better genetic characterization of inbred rat strains and a revision in nomenclature is needed to improve animal experimentation in the future. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- IgG1 and IgG2b anti-AChR isotype predominated in BN and LEW rats, respectively, confirming the dichotomy of the immune response observed between the two strains. (arctichealth.org)
- Accompanying documentation attributed specific geneticbiochemical profiles of the DRY strain to these animals and differentiatedthem from the F344, BUF (Buffalo), and LEW (Lewis) strains. (ahajournals.org)
- The levels of hippocampal 5-HT in Fischer F344 rats were significantly greater than levels detected in the same regions for the other two strains. (ox.ac.uk)
- Hypothalamic 5-HT and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid levels in Harlan Sprague-Dawley rats were higher than the same area from the other two strains. (ox.ac.uk)
- To gain insights into the mechanistic basis of these disparate outcomes, we compared the gene expression profiles of the draining lymph node cells (LNC) of these two rat strains early (day 7) following a potentially arthritogenic challenge. (scienceexchange.com)
- The use of these inbred rat strains led us to the mapping of two quantitative trait loci (QTL), named Ofil1 (on chromosome 4) and Ofil2 (on chromosome 7), related to locomotion in the central and aversive area of an open field. (biomedcentral.com)
- For this latter purpose, rats deriving from an F2 intercross between the LEW and SHR strains were selected according to their genotype at markers flanking the QTLs and bred to obtain lines of rats homozygous LEW/LEW or SHR/SHR for each of the two loci, thus generating 4 genotypic combinations. (biomedcentral.com)
- The results suggest that the LEW and SHR strains are appropriate for studying mechanisms of sensorimotor gating and indicate that the locus Ofil2 on rat chromosome 7 contain genes controlling prepulse inhibition, a neuro-behavioral trait of ADHD. (biomedcentral.com)
- Members of the RT1-E2 family are all highly homologous to one another, and the number of RT1-E2 loci varies from one to four per MHC haplotype among the six rat strains studied so far, with some loci predicted to give rise to soluble molecules. (biomedcentral.com)
- Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats show marked susceptibility to CRGN, whereas Lewis rats are resistant. (nih.gov)
- Neutral protease activity in lymphocytes of Lewis rats with acute experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. (biomedsearch.com)
- Lymphocytes from popliteal and inguinal lymph nodes of Lewis rats with acute EAE as a result of injection of lyophilized guinea pig myelin in Freund's complete adjuvant exerted strong proteolytic activity at neutral pH toward myelin basic protein. (biomedsearch.com)
- Forty four Lewis rats were given either 40 mol/kg hemin or 40 mol/kg SnPP (tin protoporphyrin IX) by intraperitoneal injection and twenty two uveitis control rats were injected with 0.5 mL of saline once daily 5-20 days after IRBP immunization inducing EAU. (nih.gov)
- Using a Lewis rat model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, we show here that contrary to the expectations of this concept, T-cell blasts do not efficiently enter the CNS and are not required to prepare the BBB for immune-cell recruitment. (uni-regensburg.de)
- Rats transgenic for HLA-B*2705 and human β 2 -microglobulin of the 21-4L line, which do not spontaneously develop disease, and nontransgenic syngeneic Lewis (LEW) rats were infected with Y. pseudotuberculosis . (asm.org)
- We have previously demonstrated that infection of nontransgenic Lewis (LEW) rat with Y. pseudotuberculosis elicits a Yersinia -specific rat class I MHC-restricted CTL response in vivo ( 12 ). (asm.org)
- The resistance of the Lewis (LEW) strain is characterized by total clearance of the parasite, failure to develop cysts and the absence of a strong antibody response. (prolekare.cz)
- A rat model of penetrating keratoplasty, whereby Fisher344 donor corneas are implanted into Lewis recipients, was used to evaluate the effects of SEB on inhibiting immune-mediated allograft rejection. (arvojournals.org)
- To induce anergy, SEB was injected into the peribulbar space of Lewis rats. (arvojournals.org)
- Previously, we showed that despite similar body size, Fischer 344 (F344) rats have significantly different skeletal traits compared with Lewis (LEW) rats. (galileo-training.com)
- Methods: Inbred male Lewis rats were used as both donor and recipient animals, and they were subjected to left lung isotransplantation. (elsevier.com)
- Inflammatory mediator-induced hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activation is defective in streptococcal cell wall arthritis-susceptible Lewis rats. (semanticscholar.org)
- A quantity of twenty rats (ten males and ten females) was submitted for testing, strain identified as Line Lewis Rat (Lew/MolTac), age 7 weeks. (taconic.com)
- Early pregnancy factor suppresses experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis induced in Lewis rats with myelin basic protein and in SJL/J mice with myelin proteolipid protein peptide 139-151. (ox.ac.uk)
- EAE is a CD4+ T cell-mediated disease, the best available animal model of multiple sclerosis (MS). Two models of EAE were investigated, acute EAE induced in Lewis rats by inoculation with myelin basic protein (MBP-EAE) and chronic relapsing EAE induced in SJL/J mice by inoculation with myelin proteolipid protein peptide (residues 139-151) (PLP-EAE). (ox.ac.uk)
- Endogenous myelin basic protein-serum factors (MBP-SFs) in Lewis rats. (meta.org)
- BALB/c mice were immunized with Lewis rat cortex or glomeruli, and their spleens were removed and fused with hypoxanthine-aminopterin-thymidine supplement-sensitive myelomas. (mblwhoilibrary.org)
- Hybrids were selected for production of Abs against Lewis rat kidney by indirect immunofluorescence. (mblwhoilibrary.org)
- It is shown here that Lewis rats (LEW/mol) are susceptible to infection with RVFV, whereas Wistar-Furth (WF/mol) rats are resistant to RVFV infection. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- In the present work we show that while the incidence and severity of EAMG are similar in Lewis (LEW) and Brown-Norway (BN) rats, strong differences are revealed in the immune response generated. (arctichealth.org)
- Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) was induced in young (2-3 month old), middle-aged (12-13 month old) and geriatric (24-26 month old) Lewis (JC) rats by active immunisation with myelin basic protein (MBP) in complete Freund's adjuvant (CFA). (ox.ac.uk)
- It was found that aged Lewis (JC) rats developed a more chronic form of EAE than younger rats of the same strain, a phenomenon observed in both male and female rats despite males developing more severe disease than females at all ages. (ox.ac.uk)
- METHODS: BD was induced in male, 250- to 350-g Lewis rats by inflation of a Fogarty catheter placed intracranially. (uab.edu)
- We performed two trials of efficacy of MSCs in experimental autoimmune neuritis (EAN) in Lewis (LEW/Han (M)Hsd) rats, a model of human autoimmune inflammatory neuropathies. (ox.ac.uk)
- Islets isolated from Lewis rats were transplanted into diabetic syngeneic recipients. (ox.ac.uk)
- In sixty male Lewis rats, complete tendon defects (2.4 mm) were created and either left untreated (PBS) or treated by injection of stem cells lentivirally expressing the enhanced green fluorescence marker gene eGFP (MSC-LV-eGFP) or basic fibroblast growth factor bFGF (MSC-LV-bFGF). (biomedcentral.com)
- Sixty male Lewis-rats were divided into three groups: an eGFP-MSC group (mesenchymal stem cells lentivirally expressing enhanced green fluorescent protein), a bFGF-MSC group (mesenchymal stem cells expressing bFGF lentivirally), and a control PBS (phosphate buffered saline) group. (biomedcentral.com)
- We have previously demonstrated that susceptibility of the Lewis rat to inflammatory disease, compared to the relatively resistant Fischer F344 rat, is related to a hyporesponsive hypothalamopituitary adrenal axis to inflammatory and other stress mediators. (ox.ac.uk)
- Since 5-HT and the 5HT1A receptor are important stimulators of this axis, we have investigated the levels of 5-HT1A receptor binding sites and encoding mRNA, 5-HT and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid in various brain regions of Lewis, Harlan Sprague Dawley and Fischer F344 rats. (ox.ac.uk)
- Lewis rats expressed significantly less hippocampal and frontal cortical 5-HT1A receptor binding sites and mRNA than Harlan Sprague-Dawley and Fischer F344 rats. (ox.ac.uk)
- Lewis (LEW) and Wistar Kyoto (WKY) rats of the same major histocompatibility complex (MHC) haplotype (RT.1(l)) display differential susceptibility to adjuvant-induced arthritis (AIA). (scienceexchange.com)
- The Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats (SHR), considered as a good animal model of ADHD, also show less anxiety-like behaviors than Lewis (LEW) rats. (biomedcentral.com)
- For example, the inbred rat strain LEW has been shown to self-administer stimulant drugs more readily than the F344 strain. (drugabuse.gov)
- This study examined gene-by-environment interactions in susceptibility to drug use by raising LEW and F344 rats in varied environmental conditions. (drugabuse.gov)
- The SC rats differed according to genotype, with SC LEW rats taking more amphetamine than SC F344 rats. (drugabuse.gov)
- Methods and Results- KRP-203 significantly prolonged skin or heart allograft survival of a minor histocompatibility complex (mHC)-disparate (LEW to F344) rat combination. (ahajournals.org)
- Rats, Inbred F344" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) . (harvard.edu)
- This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Rats, Inbred F344" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Rats, Inbred F344" was a major or minor topic of these publication. (harvard.edu)
- Below are the most recent publications written about "Rats, Inbred F344" by people in Profiles. (harvard.edu)
- Recently, Dr Tanaseindicated that the animals supplied to Melbourne and Tokyo that had beenlabeled as DRY were instead likely to be F344 rats. (ahajournals.org)
- Therefore, based on the availableevidence that the purported DRY showed only minor differences from F344 andsignificant differences from authentic DRY, we conclude that the animalsdescribed as DRY in the listedpublications 1-21 were in fact inbred F344. (ahajournals.org)
- In this study, we have investigated the effect of gene silencing of 4-1BB by RNA interference (RNAi) on the acute rejection in rats with liver transplantation. (hindawi.com)
- The results showed that gene silencing of 4-1BB by RNAi downregulated the 4-1BB gene expression of the splenic lymphocytes in vitro , and the splenic lymphocytes isolated from the rats with liver transplantation. (hindawi.com)
- LV-sh4-1BB decreased the plasma levels of liver injury markers including AST, ALT, and BIL and also decreased the level of plasma IL-2 and IFN- γ in recipient rats with liver transplantation. (hindawi.com)
- Lentivirus-mediated delivery of shRNA targeting 4-1BB gene prolonged the survival time of recipient and alleviated the injury of liver morphology in recipient rats with liver transplantation. (hindawi.com)
- Our previous study illuminated that the blockade of the 4-1BB/4-1BBL costimulatory pathway with 4-1BBL monoclonal antibody decreased the acute rejection in rat with liver transplantation [ 11 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Therefore, the aim of present study was to investigate the effect of gene silencing of 4-1BB by RNA interference on the acute rejection in rats with liver transplantation. (hindawi.com)
- The present study was designed to investigate the potency and safety of KRP-203 on allograft survival against both acute and chronic rejection in rat skin and heart transplantation. (ahajournals.org)
- In this study, we exanined the effect of recoambinant adenovirus vector containing CTLA4-Ig (AdexCTLA4-Ig) to modify the rejection process observed after vascularized limb allo-transplantation in rats. (nii.ac.jp)
- We investigated the excretion level of soluble E-cadherin in a rat lung isotransplant model, and demonstrated the involvement of this molecule in the pathogenesis of reperfusion injury after lung transplantation. (elsevier.com)
- METHODS: A rAAV9-CMV-lacZ vector diluted in cold (4 degrees C) University of Wisconsin solution was used to perfuse the rat coronary vasculature for 20 minutes prior to syngeneic heterotopic transplantation. (ucl.ac.uk)
- The authors aimed to evaluate the protective effect of xenon exposure against remote lung injury due to renal graft IRI in a rat renal transplantation model. (asahq.org)
- Insulin in UW solution may exacerbate graft ischemic injury and decrease the graft survival rate in rat liver transplantation. (hku.hk)
- The aim of this study is to investigate the gene expression pattern of acute phase response in relation to graft size in a rat-liver transplantation model. (hku.hk)
- A rat orthotopic liver transplantation model using 30%, 50%, and whole grafts was used. (hku.hk)
- Abstract Purpose: To evaluate renal repair in rats who had renal infarction induced by the obstruction of blood flow in the renal artery and were treated with transplantation of adipose tissue derived mesenchymal stem cell Methods: 16-week-old Wistar rats (n=72) were used, submitted to celiotomy and had of the renal artery and vein clipped for 24 hours. (bvsalud.org)
- Islet isograft function was analyzed after transplantation of 4 well-defined endocrine volumes (12.5%, 25%, 50%, and 100% of the endocrine volume in the normal adult rat. (naver.com)
- Transplantation of segmental rat intestinal grafts including the ileocecal value and the ascending colon. (naver.com)
- Islet functionality was determined by static incubation and glucose disposal rate (Kg) after intraportal transplantation (3000 islet equivalent[IEQ]/syngeneic streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat). (uab.edu)
- Transplantation of islets restored euglycemia in diabetic rats, which was similar to animals receiving islets intraportally. (ox.ac.uk)
- Rats, like humans, are quite resistant to Toxoplasma infection when compared to mice. (prolekare.cz)
- More than 43 metabolites were present in the urine and faeces of mice and rats (Matuso, 1984). (inchem.org)
- Genetic mapping using collaborative cross mice (CC), a genetically diverse recombinant inbred mouse reference panel, offers a powerful tool to identify causal loci at a resolution under one mega base-pairs, with a relatively small cohort size. (biomedcentral.com)
- We overviewed the pathophysiological features of diabetes in relation to its complications in type 1 and type 2 mice along with rat models, including Zucker Diabetic Fatty (ZDF) rats, BB rats, LEW 1AR1/-iddm rats, Goto-Kakizaki rats, chemically induced diabetic models, and Nonobese Diabetic mouse, and Akita mice model. (hindawi.com)
- EPF, delivered intraperitoneally or orally to rats or intraperitoneally to mice, suppressed clinical signs of disease. (ox.ac.uk)
- Mice, but not rats, therefore may use CD8 alpha' as a "dominant negative" coreceptor chain to attenuate the CD8 signal, thereby facilitating MHC class II recognition through the higher amount of p56lck delivered, and rats may use a different mechanism for MHC class distinction during positive selection. (unboundmedicine.com)
- Since sensitization in vitro requires the presence of lymphocytes programmed with specific receptors, the results indicate that normal rats have lymphocytes capable of recognizing central nervous system self-antigens. (meta.org)
- Here, we investigated whether antagonism of CB(1) receptors would improve emotional and cognitive deficits in a rat model of premotor Parkinson's disease. (bvsalud.org)
- Injection of the autosensitized lymphocytes into syngeneic rats led to the development of brain lesions suggestive of autoimmune encephalomyelitis. (meta.org)
- Rat RPE cells expressed high levels of CD59 and low levels of another potential CD2 ligand, CD48, both in vitro and in the in vivo model of experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis. (elsevier.com)
- Here, we established and studied a widely-used and approved animal model of human MG, the rat model with acetylcholine receptor alpha (AChRα) subunit (R-AChR)-induced experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis (EAMG). (bvsalud.org)
- To study the molecular mechanism of Zuogui Pill (ZGP) and Yougui Pill (YGP) on axonal regeneration in rats with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). (bvsalud.org)
- Experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis may occur in the context of a polarized Th1- or Th2-type immune response in rats. (arctichealth.org)
- Experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis (EAMG) is a T cell-dependent, Ab-mediated autoimmune disease induced in rats by a single immunization with acetylcholine receptor (AChR). (arctichealth.org)
- Astrocytic hypertrophy: an important pathological feature of chronic experimental autoimmune encephalitis in aged rats. (ox.ac.uk)
- Finally, the behavioral state of the animals prior to testing altered the results of the EPM in a strain-dependent manner, with some anxiety-related genotypic differences being found only among rats that were aroused in their home cages. (biomedsearch.com)
- The DA rat strain was used to establish a lung exposure model. (wiley.com)
- The ZH501 strain caused fatal hepatitis in WF rats regardless of age. (ajtmh.org)
- However, resistance to the SA75 RVFV strain (relatively non-pathogenic for adult rats), was age- and dose-dependent in both WF and LEW rats. (ajtmh.org)
- The resistance gene transferred to the newly derived WF.LEW congenic rat strain appears to amplify age-dependent resistance of adult rats, resulting in protection against fatal hepatic disease caused by the virulent ZH501 strain. (ajtmh.org)
- The congenic rat strain will be a valuable asset in elucidating the mechanism of resistance to Rift Valley fever virus governed by the dominant Mendelian gene. (ajtmh.org)
- Thus, the reported incidence of hepatocellular tumours was not significantly different from other controls of similar age in studies with the same inbred strain (Peraino et al . (inchem.org)
- An F 1 backcross was made to the parental LEW/Jms strain from a cross with non-hydrocephalic Fischer 344 rats. (biomedcentral.com)
- Seven rats of the strain were received at the University of Florida in year 2000 and their DNA was tested with 87 selected microsatellite markers. (biomedcentral.com)
- Therefore the strain is maintained by breeding from apparently non-hydrocephalic rats because pups with overt disease do not survive to reproduce. (biomedcentral.com)
- LEW/mol rats developed acute hepatitis and died after infection with RVFV strain ZH548, whereas WF/mol rats survived the infection. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- Differentiated rat glial cell strain in tissue culture. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- A model of chronic vascular rejection of cardiac allografts has been developed in inbred rats using the WF.1L/Gut congenic strain as donor into LEW recipients. (mysciencework.com)
- Between 1992 and 2000, 21papers 1-21 were published that used rats from inbred colonies in Melbourne and Tokyo thatwere believed to be of the Donryu (DRY) strain. (ahajournals.org)
- These rats were thought tohave been the same strain as DRY used by Dr Tanase in early breedingexperiments in relation to blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats(SHR). (ahajournals.org)
- The purported DRY were never intended torepresent genetically appropriate controls for any strain, in particular SHR.Instead, they were intended simply as inbred normotensive controls, unrelatedto SHR and used to maximize the informativeness of the linkage analyses. (ahajournals.org)
- To investigate whether they might suppress clinical symptoms in MS, we treated rats sensitized for acute and chronic experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, an experimental model of MS, with flavonoids. (edu.au)
- We aimed to develop a novel experimental model of a large-scale engineered muscle flap from an existing rat groin fat flap. (bvsalud.org)
- Inconsistent susceptibility to autoimmunity in inbred LEW rats is due to genetic crossbreeding involving segregation of the arthritis-regulating gene Ncf1. (lu.se)
- Linkage analyses of LEWxBN F2 progeny was previously used to map Toxoplasma resistance in rats to a single genetic locus, termed Toxo1 , within a 1.7-cM region of chromosome 10  . (prolekare.cz)
- Several laboratories focused their attention on rat models of genetic hypertension, which can be considered as a reductionist paradigm for human disease. (ahajournals.org)
- One day heart grafting, 1x10^7 of donor specific(BDE), syngeneic(LEW), or third party(DA) hepatocytes were inoculated into the spleen of recipient. (nii.ac.jp)
- Thymus lymphocytes of normal adult rats were autosensitized in vitro against soluble antigens extracted from the brains of syngeneic rats. (meta.org)
- When increasing numbers of syngeneic T cells were added to microwell cultures of rat RPE cells, the T cells, even in the absence of any exogenous stimulant in the cultures, underwent spontaneous proliferation. (elsevier.com)
- Silencing of Dok-7 in Adult Rat Muscle Increases Susceptibility to Passive Transfer Myasthenia Gravis. (ox.ac.uk)
- Because downstream of kinase 7 (Dok-7) is essential for the full activation of muscle-specific kinase and consequently for dense clustering of AChRs, we hypothesized that reduced levels of Dok-7 increase the susceptibility to passive transfer MG. To test this hypothesis, Dok-7 expression was reduced by transfecting shRNA-coding plasmids into the tibialis anterior muscle of adult rats by in vivo electroporation. (ox.ac.uk)
- Comparative antigen-induced gene expression profiles unveil novel aspects of susceptibility/resistance to adjuvant arthritis in rats. (scienceexchange.com)
- [email protected]#A fat flap based on the superficial inferior epigastric vascular pedicle was excised from rats and placed into a perfusion bioreactor. (bvsalud.org)
- METHODS: Control and ASC-coated implants were implanted subcutaneously in rats for 1 or 8 weeks (polyurethane) or for 1 week only (glucose sensors). (duke.edu)
- In our studies, transduction of AdexCTLA4-Ig prolonged the survival of ACI limb grafts in LEW rats significantly. (nii.ac.jp)
- Rats were sacrificed three weeks after surgery and the grafts were harvested for morphometrical and immunohistochemical analysis. (biomedcentral.com)
- It is harmful rather than helpful for isolated rat liver grafts preserved in UW solution. (hku.hk)
- Such gene-by-environment interactions can be explored by studying rats that have been specifically bred to be genetically susceptible or resistant to drug use. (drugabuse.gov)
- Positional identification of Ncf1 as a gene that regulates arthritis severity in rats. (lu.se)
- In this study, we hypothesize that nucleotide differences in the rat Tnf gene influence TNF-α protein expression. (eur.nl)
- Without an established relationship between polymorphisms and expression of the TNF-α gene, it is preliminary to address a possible association of Tnf gene polymorphisms with rat liver allograft survival. (eur.nl)
- BACKGROUND: In this investigation we studied the efficacy and durability of recombinant adeno-associated virus serotype 9 (rAAV9) vector-mediated gene transfer to the transplanted rat heart. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Cross-breeding of resistant WF/mol rats with susceptible LEW/mol rats demonstrated that resistance is segregated as a single dominant gene. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- Moreover, when cultured hepatocytes were stimulated with interferon (IFN) type I there was no indication of a regulatory role of IFN in the RVFV-resistance gene expression in WF/mol rats. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- In conclusion, distinct gene expression profiles define arthritis-susceptible versus resistant phenotype of MHC-compatible inbred rats. (scienceexchange.com)
- With a novel focus on the immune system this paper investigate whether late phase pulmonary effects developed in rats exposed to the nitrogen mustard melphalan are linked to the acute responses and whether the reactions are genetically regulated. (wiley.com)
- We initiated a large-scale bidirectional selection experiment in a genetically heterogeneous rat population (N/NIH stock, n = 152) to develop lines of low response trainers (LRT) and high response trainers (HRT) as a contrasting animal model system. (physiology.org)
- In line with this clinical observation, it was demonstrated that rats genetically selected for excessive alcohol consumption showed increased motivation to self-administer cocaine. (bibliotekacmolas.pl)
- Fischer (CDF) and Brown Norway (BN) rats, however, are susceptible to chronic infection and develop transmissible cysts in their brain and muscle tissue  ,  . (prolekare.cz)
- Interestingly, previous reports have shown that LEW rats from a different breeding stock (LEW/mai) are resistant to RVFV infections, whereas WF/mai rats are susceptible. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- LEW are susceptible while WKY are resistant to AIA. (scienceexchange.com)
- K12/2 and K17/4 also bind to vascular basement membranes of the rat, whereas K12/5 and K12/8 bind to glomerular basement membrane, tubular basement membranes, and vascular and epithelial basement membranes in all tissues of the rat. (mblwhoilibrary.org)
- The vascularized leg of the donor ACI rat was anastomosed to the femoral artery and vein of the recipient LEW rat. (nii.ac.jp)
- Graft rejection in a congenic panel of rats with defined immune response genes for MHC class I antigens. (naver.com)
- Here, we used microarray analysis in basal and lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated macrophages to identify genes that reside on pathways predisposing WKY rats to CRGN. (nih.gov)
- Other QTLs affecting neurobiological traits were also found on rat chromosome 4 and several candidate genes have been pointed out as possibly influencing those phenotypes. (scirp.org)
- Nlrp1 genes from sensitive rat macrophages can confer sensitivity to this rapid cell death when expressed in Toxoplasma resistant rat macrophages. (prolekare.cz)
- It is now possible to identify homologous regions between rat and human or rat and mouse, and to place disease-related genes from the human or mouse on the rat genome. (biomedcentral.com)
- Additionally, the identification of candidate genes for specific traits in rats is possible through comparative mapping. (biomedcentral.com)
- The study of disease-related genes in the rat will lead to a better understanding of inherited conditions in humans. (biomedcentral.com)
- The RT1 n MHC haplotype (found in BN rats) carries a single RT1-E2 locus, which lies in the RT1-C/E region of the MHC and displays the typical exon-intron organisation and promoter features seen in other rat MHC class I genes. (biomedcentral.com)
- Immunoelectron microscopy of Rift Valley fever viral morphogenesis in primary rat hepatocytes. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- KRP-203 also prolonged heart allograft survival in a major histocompatibility complex (MHC)-incompatible (DA to LEW) rat combination, but the efficacy was not as significant. (ahajournals.org)
- Heterotopic DBE heart allograft was performed in the abdomen of LEW. (nii.ac.jp)
- But we could not acquire immune tolerance in our rat allograft model. (nii.ac.jp)
- Publications] Yoshihiko Tsuchida: 'Vascularized bone marrow allotransplantation in rats prolongs a simultaneous skin allograft. (nii.ac.jp)
- Prevention of orthotopic liver allograft rejection in rats with a short-term brequinar sodium therapy. (naver.com)
- Compared to B cells, T lymphocytes of rats have a higher ability of incorporating labeled uridine. (meta.org)
- In rodents, the first QTL was mapped in 1991, when investigators found evidence suggesting the presence of a blood pressure regulatory locus on rat Chr. (scirp.org)
-  described for the first time a behavioral QTL in rats, identifying a locus on Chr. (scirp.org)
- Two-loci interaction confirms arthritis-regulating quantitative trait locus on rat chromosome 6. (lu.se)
- We noted that this locus overlaps with the locus that controls rat and macrophage sensitivity to the anthrax lethal toxin (LT) protease. (prolekare.cz)
- For the C group with a female LEW/Jms parent, there was a fully significant locus on Chr2 with a LOD score of 3.81 that was associated almost exclusively with male rats. (biomedcentral.com)
- This locus was largely associated with male rats with a LEW/Jms male parent. (biomedcentral.com)
Allografts in rats1
- Publications] Yoshihiko Tsuchida: 'Limb allografts in rats treated with anti-ICAM-1 and anti-LFA-1 monoclonal antibodies. (nii.ac.jp)
- BDE, LEW and DA hepatocytes could significantly prolong BDE heart graft survival in LEW to 14.3, 9.3, 9.5 days respectively compared with 6.7 days in control group. (nii.ac.jp)
- Inoculation of BDE spleen cells before 1 or 7 days heart grafting could significantly prolong BDE heart graft survivals in LEW to 18.7 and 24.3 days respectively caused by treatment via portal vein. (nii.ac.jp)
- We have recently demonstrated that intra-articular (IA) administration of human recombinant lubricin, LUB:1, significantly inhibited cartilage degeneration and pain in the rat meniscal tear model of post-traumatic arthritis. (nih.gov)
- Pharmacologically distinct actions of serotonin on single pyramidal neurones of the rat hippocampus recorded in vitro. (semanticscholar.org)
- Unselected CD4+8+ rat thymocytes, generated in vitro from their direct precursors, are readily converted to functional TCRhigh T cells by stimulation with immobilized TCR-specific mAb plus IL-2. (unboundmedicine.com)
- In LEW.1AV1 rats, disease could be induced with MOG 96-104 and to a lesser extent with MOG 98-106, whereas in LEW.1N rats, only MOG 98-106 was pathogenic. (unboundmedicine.com)
- RT1.D(n) in the LEW.1N rat and RT1.B(a) in the LEW.1AV1 rat. (unboundmedicine.com)
- TCR spectratyping of MOG 91-108 immunized LEW.1N, LEW.1AV1 and DA rats revealed that MHC class II determined the TCRBV preference of CNS infiltrating T cells. (unboundmedicine.com)
- The aim of this study was to examine the capacity of rats transgenic for HLA-B27 to mount a cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) response against Y. pseudotuberculosis and to determine the influence of the HLA-B27 transgene on this response. (asm.org)
- We conclude that HLA-B27 transgenic rats mount a CTL response against Y. pseudotuberculosis that is not restricted by HLA-B27. (asm.org)
- To define the characteristics and target antigens (Ags) of nephrotoxic antibodies (Abs) and to analyze the factors that govern the evolution of Ab-mediated glomerular injury, we have prepared monoclonal Abs against rat glomerular Ags. (mblwhoilibrary.org)
- Primary hepatocytes but not glial cells from WF/mol rats showed the resistant phenotype in cell culture, indicating that resistance was cell type-specific. (microbiologyresearch.org)
- Important differences were observed in the association of DEG with QTL in LEW vs. WKY rats. (scienceexchange.com)
- Administration of SP600125 modestly decreased the rat paw swelling in rat adjuvant-induced arthritis. (nih.gov)
- Ofil2 affected prepulse inhibition in female rats only. (biomedcentral.com)
- In 2 groups (n = 10 rats/group), an epigastric vein-to-common femoral artery interposition graft was placed. (biomedcentral.com)
Myelin basic p1
- EAE rat model was established by bilateral rear pedes subcutaneous injection of antigen made by mixing myelin basic protein (MBP) and complete Freud's adjuvant (CFA) in the volume ratio of 11. (bvsalud.org)
- For the both rat groups, there were several chromosomes that showed possible regions with association between phenotype and genotype significant at the 5% or 1.0% level, but none of these had significant LOD scores. (biomedcentral.com)
- In immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence assays, a substantial number of CD4/Bcl-6 T cells and a greater number of larger germinal centers were observed in lymph node tissues resected from EAMG rats. (bvsalud.org)
- Increased levels of bradykinin and its metabolites in tissues ofyoung spontaneously hypertensive rats. (ahajournals.org)
- Angiotensin peptides in spontaneously hypertensive and normotensiveDonryu rats. (ahajournals.org)
- In preclinical research, one of the most extensively evaluated animal models of ADHD is the Spontaneously Hypertensive Rat (SHR). (biomedcentral.com)
- Altogether, these studies suggest that rat chromosome 4 constitutes an interesting target for the study of the molecular bases of anxiety and other traits related to emotional reactivity. (scirp.org)
- Soluble E-cadherin fragments were detected in BALF on Western blot analysis using affinity-purified antibodies specific to rat E-cadherin synthetic peptides. (elsevier.com)
- For example, CD1 molecules can present microbial phospholipids, H2-M3 selectively binds to peptides carrying N-formyl-methionine residues, and HLA-E and its functional homologues in other species, H2-Qa1 in the mouse and RT-BM1 in the rat, associate with sequences derived from MHC class Ia leader peptides. (biomedcentral.com)
- In contrast, SnPP-treated rats show that the severity of the clinical sign were exacerbated at the peak period of the disease. (nih.gov)
- Furthermore, although IL-12 administration or IFN-gamma neutralization strongly influenced the Th1/Th2 balance in BN rats, it did not affect the disease outcome. (arctichealth.org)
- A previous study from our laboratory revealed that moderate nigral dopaminergic degeneration caused emotional and cognitive deficits in rats, paralleling early signs of Parkinson's disease. (bvsalud.org)
- Therefore, we concluded that vascularized intestinal segments supported reorganization, survival and function of transplanted islets with therapeutic efficacy in streptozotocin-treated diabetic rats. (ox.ac.uk)
- Oligodeoxynucleotides containing CpG motifs can induce T cell-dependent arthritis in rats. (diva-portal.org)
- A single intraperitoneal (i.p.) injection of bacterial cell walls isolated from gram-positive bacteria induces in the rat a chronic arthritis closely resembling human rheumatoid arthritis. (asm.org)
- Disposition of human recombinant lubricin in naive rats and in a rat model of post-traumatic arthritis after intra-articular or intravenous administration. (nih.gov)
- however, the number of downregulated DEG-associated with rat arthritis-QTL as well as AIA-QTL were found to be higher in WKY than in LEW rats. (scienceexchange.com)
- Ag-specific lymph node cells from LEW rats produced higher amounts of IL-2 and IFN-gamma than BN lymph node cells, but expressed less IL-4 mRNA. (arctichealth.org)
- In the following study we have adapted the technique of immunomagnetic separation to separately enrich 0-2A progenitor cells and astrocytes from the rat central nervous system (CNS). (ox.ac.uk)
- Herein, we examined whether LEW and SHR rats differ in the acoustic startle reflex, a test used to study the neurobiology of anxiety, and in the prepulse inhibition of the startle response, which is known to be impaired in ADHD patients. (biomedcentral.com)