A reactive vascular proliferation that is characterized by the multiple tumor-like lesions in skin, bone, brain, and other organs. Bacillary angiomatosis is caused by infection with gram-negative Bartonella bacilli (such as BARTONELLA HENSELAE), and is often seen in AIDS patients and other IMMUNOCOMPROMISED HOSTS.
A genus of gram-negative bacteria characteristically appearing in chains of several segmenting organisms. It occurs in man and arthropod vectors and is found only in the Andes region of South America. This genus is the etiologic agent of human bartonellosis. The genus Rochalimaea, once considered a separate genus, has recently been combined with the genus Bartonella as a result of high levels of relatedness in 16S rRNA sequence data and DNA hybridization data.
Infections by the genus BARTONELLA. Bartonella bacilliformis can cause acute febrile anemia, designated Oroya fever, and a benign skin eruption, called verruga peruana. BARTONELLA QUINTANA causes TRENCH FEVER, while BARTONELLA HENSELAE is the etiologic agent of bacillary angiomatosis (ANGIOMATOSIS, BACILLARY) and is also one of the causes of CAT-SCRATCH DISEASE in immunocompetent patients.
A self-limiting bacterial infection of the regional lymph nodes caused by AFIPIA felis, a gram-negative bacterium recently identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and by BARTONELLA HENSELAE. It usually arises one or more weeks following a feline scratch, with raised inflammatory nodules at the site of the scratch being the primary symptom.
Typhus, Epidemic Louse-Borne
The classic form of typhus, caused by RICKETTSIA PROWAZEKII, which is transmitted from man to man by the louse Pediculus humanus corporis. This disease is characterized by the sudden onset of intense headache, malaise, and generalized myalgia followed by the formation of a macular skin eruption and vascular and neurologic disturbances.
The presence of viable bacteria circulating in the blood. Fever, chills, tachycardia, and tachypnea are common acute manifestations of bacteremia. The majority of cases are seen in already hospitalized patients, most of whom have underlying diseases or procedures which render their bloodstreams susceptible to invasion.
A vascular disease of the LIVER characterized by the occurrence of multiple blood-filled CYSTS or cavities. The cysts are lined with ENDOTHELIAL CELLS; the cavities lined with hepatic parenchymal cells (HEPATOCYTES). Peliosis hepatis has been associated with use of anabolic steroids (ANABOLIC AGENTS) and certain drugs.
Encephalitis, St. Louis
A viral encephalitis caused by the St. Louis encephalitis virus (ENCEPHALITIS VIRUS, ST. LOUIS), a FLAVIVIRUS. It is transmitted to humans and other vertebrates primarily by mosquitoes of the genus CULEX. The primary animal vectors are wild birds and the disorder is endemic to the midwestern and southeastern United States. Infections may be limited to an influenza-like illness or present as an ASEPTIC MENINGITIS or ENCEPHALITIS. Clinical manifestations of the encephalitic presentation may include SEIZURES, lethargy, MYOCLONUS, focal neurologic signs, COMA, and DEATH. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p750)
Encephalitis Virus, St. Louis
Dictionaries as Topic
Sister Mary Joseph's Nodule
An order of fungi in the phylum BASIDIOMYCOTA having macroscopic basidiocarps. The members are characterized by their saprophytic activities as decomposers, particularly in the degradation of CELLULOSE and LIGNIN. A large number of species in the order have been used medicinally. (From Alexopoulos, Introductory Mycology, 4th ed, pp504-68)
Quintana". In 1938, he returned home with his companion Victor Garcia, described as Quaintance's "model, life partner, and ...
Quintana. Santiago de Compostela: Universidade de Santiago de Compostela. Servicio de Publicaciones (9): 75-101. ISSN 1579-7414 ...
1991 Kentucky Derby
Quintana was victorious at the March 1991 Grade-3 Rebel Stakes winning over fellow 1991 Kentucky Derby competitor, Corporate ... "Quintana". Retrieved 9 January 2020. "Alydavid". Retrieved 9 January 2020. "Horse Racing; Across the Map, 3 Chances For ...
Casals-Coll, M.; Sanchez-Benavides; Quintana; Manero; Rognoni; Calvo; Palomo; Aranciva; Tamayo; Pena-Casanova (Jan-Feb 2013). " ...
Quintana, Andrea; Freyre, Rosanna; Davis, Thomas M.; Griesbach, Robert J. (2008). "Genetic Studies of Flower Color in Anagallis ... Quintana, Andrea; Albrechtova, Jana; Davis, Tom; Griesbach, Robert J.; Freyre, Rosanna (July 2005). "Genetics, anatomy and ...
Lee, J; Quintana, J; Nori, P; Green, MF (2011). "Theory of mind in schizophrenia: exploring neural mechanisms of belief ...
Quintana, Josep; Kohler, Mike; Moya-Sola, Salvador (2011). "Nuralagus rex, gen. et sp. nov., an endemic insular giant rabbit ...
Fouque, P.; Proust, D.; Quintana, H.; Ramirez, A. (1993-09-01). "Dynamics of the Pavo-Indus and Grus clouds of galaxies". ...
Hasta Que Te Conocí
Quintana, Carlos. "Mana - 'Exiliados En La Bahia: Lo Mejor De Mana' CD Review". About.com. Retrieved 2013-08-17. "Lista de ... David Jeffires of Allmusic called Mana's cover of the song "an excellent, heartfelt take". Carlos Quintana of About.com labeled ...
Quintana, Anna. "'The Bachelor' Star Tyler Cameron Was a Pretty Impressive College Football Player". Distractify. Goeres, ...
Montaner, J.; Perea-Gainza, M.; Delgado, P.; Ribó, M.; Chacón, P.; Rosell, A.; Quintana, M.; Palacios, M. E.; Molina, C. A.; ...
The Society (TV series)
Quintana, Anna. "West Ham Is Not a Real Town, But Netflix's New Show 'The Society' Was Filmed in One". Distractify. Archived ...
Quintana, Andrew. "Tallahassee's Public Safety Initiative Sets Sights On Griffin Heights, Frenchtown". news.wfsu.org. "The Best ...
Alfaro, José J.; Aparicio, Manuel; Quintana, Alicia; Barrio, Raquel (2002-05-25). "[Behr syndrome and hypergonadotropic ...
List of teams and cyclists in the 2019 Vuelta a España
"Nairo Quintana". ProCyclingStats. ProCyclingStats BV. Retrieved 26 August 2019. "Marc Soler". ProCyclingStats. ProCyclingStats ...
Sale el Sol
Quintana, Carlos. "Shakira - 'Sale El Sol' CD Review". About.com. IAC. Retrieved 28 August 2013. Morgante, Michelle (18 October ... Carlos Quintana from About.com praised Shakira's experimentation with merengue and rock sounds on the album, noting that her " ...
Fouque, P.; Proust, D.; Quintana, H.; Ramirez, A. (30 September 1993). "Dynamics of the Pavo-Indus and Grus clouds of galaxies ...
Fouque, P.; Proust, D.; Quintana, H.; Ramirez, A. (1993). "Dynamics of the Pavo-Indus and Grus Clouds of Galaxies". Astronomy ...
List of teams and cyclists in the 2018 Giro d'Italia
"Dayer Quintana". ProCyclingStats. ProCyclingStats BV. Retrieved 10 May 2018. "Eduardo Sepúlveda". ProCyclingStats. ...
Sanchez-Alcaraz, Agustín; Quintana MB; Lopez E; Rodriguez I; Llopis P (2002). "Effect of vigabatrin on the pharmacokinetics of ...
Narrator (unknown); Hunner, Jon; Quintana, Frances; Lowry, Adrienne; Conant, Jennet (July 9, 2018). Edith Warner's Tea House ( ...
Enamorada de Ti (song)
Carlos Quintana, a Latin-music writer for About.com, called "Enamorada de Ti" one of the best tracks on the remix album. ... MN03901012 (Product Number). Quintana, Carlos. "Selena Enamorada de Ti Album Review". About.com. Retrieved 3 September 2014. ...
A Beautiful Planet
Quintana, Elisa. "Kepler 186f - First Earth-sized Planet Orbiting in Habitable Zone of Another Star". SETI Institute. Archived ...
Arabic language influence on the Spanish language
Quintana, Lucía; Mora, Juan Pablo (2002). "Enseñanza del acervo léxico árabe de la lengua española" (PDF). ASELE. Actas XIII: ...
Quintana, Laura; Sharpe, James; Wang, Baolin; Alcorn, Heather; Rivi, Roberta; Butcher, Stephen; Manak, J. Robert; Vaccari, ...
Quintana, Elisa; Still, Martin; Tenenbaum, Peter; Thompson, Susan E.; Twicken, Joseph D. (2011), "Transit Timing Observations ...
Bibcode:2011MNRAS.412.2498M. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2010.18071.x. Fouque, P.; Proust, D.; Quintana, H.; Ramirez, A.; Proust, D ... Quintana, H.; Ramirez, A. (1993). "Dynamics of the Pavo-Indus and Grus Clouds of Galaxies". Astronomy and Astrophysics ...
"Quintana Video". Retrieved March 22, 2013. "Upper Echelon - Single". Retrieved March 22, 2013. "New Video: Travi$ Scott Ft. T.I ... The second song released from the mixtape was "Quintana" featuring fellow rapper Wale. It was released on March 22, 2013. The ...
Giudici, Paula I.; Quintana, Flavio; Svagelj, Walter S. (2017). "The Role of Hatching Asynchrony in a Seabird Species ...
Days Before Rodeo
"Quintana Pt. 2" features uncredited vocals from T.I.. "Grey" features background vocals from James Fauntleroy. Sample credits " ...
Quintana deserves rotation spot - Baltimore Sun
Whatever, someone has to give up his spot in the White Sox rotation to make room for Jose Quintana. The kid left-hander just ... Savvy or fearless, or both, you make the call, Quintana gets out of trouble like a veteran. In his last two starts, Quintana ... Quintana is 2-1 with a 1.98 ERA, and could be even better if home plate umpire Mark Wegner hadnt kicked him out of that game ... Look, Quintana is the Soxs most reliable pitcher behind Chris Sale and Jake Peavy, so how could the Sox take the kid down? ...
Quintana Lyrics - Travi$ Scott
... call her Quintana / Damn, she smoke my dope… swear to God we go Rambo ... Lyrics to Quintana by Travi$ Scott: [Hook:] / Straight from Mexico, ... Quintana Lyrics Languages Arabic Deutsch Greek English Spanish French Italian Japanese Korean Netherlands Portuguese Russian ... Straight from Mexico, call her Quintana). (Damn, she smoke my dope… swear to God we go Rambo). (If you disrespect the dope…). [ ...
Bartonella quintana definition | Drugs.com
Quintana - Wikipedia
Spain Quintana Roo, a state in Mexico Estadio Quintana Roo, a football stadium in Quintana Roo La Quintana, a library park in ... Quintana may refer to: Quintana is a Spanish surname, associated with: Alfredo Quintana (1988-2021), Portuguese handballer ... an Antarctic island Quintana Municipality in São Paulo, Brazil Quintana, Texas, United States Quintana (Hato Rey), a sector in ... or Rochalimaea quintana, a bacterium that causes trench fever Quintana (Madrid Metro), a station on Line 5 Quintana Roo ...
Christina Quintana - Wikipedia
Quintana is the founder of Quintana Consulting, a writing consultancy for scripts, college and graduate school essays, and ... Quintana, Christina (2020). "CQ: Writer". Christina Quintana. Retrieved January 5, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link ... Christina Quintana, who also goes by CQ, is an American playwright and poet with Cuban and Louisiana roots. Her works have been ... Quintana attended Ursuline Academy New Orleans and New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, a performing-arts high school. She ...
Treatment Tracker - Clifford C Quintana
Jose Quintana's option and the Cubs 2020 rotation
... including Jose Quintanas option and how they fill the rest of the starting staff. ... As a whole, Quintana was a rock in the Cubs rotation this season while Lester, Hendricks, Darvish and Cole Hamels dealt with ... Quintana ended the season on a sour note (11.09 ERA in September), but he still finished second behind only Hendricks in WAR ( ... The Cubs also went 11-3 in Quintanas starts from late-June through mid-September, so he still found a way to put his team in a ...
Vacation Rentals & House Rentals in Quintana Roo | FlipKey
Pons Quintana Ankle Women's Boots - ShopStyle
Ismael Quintana | Electric Fetus
Chronic Bartonella quintana bacteremia in homeless patients
... quintana infections were associated with body lice in patients with nonspecific symptoms or no symptoms. ... quintana. The homeless people with B. quintana bacteremia were more likely to have been exposed to lice (P=0.002), were more ... Chronic Bartonella quintana bacteremia in homeless patients N Engl J Med. 1999 Jan 21;340(3):184-9. doi: 10.1056/ ... Body lice are known to be the vectors of B. quintana. Methods: We studied all the homeless people who presented in 1997 to the ...
Bartonella quintana - microbewiki
The Comprehensive Dictionary of Patron Saints by Pablo Ricardo Quintana, Paperback | Barnes & Noble®
The Paperback of the The Comprehensive Dictionary of Patron Saints by Pablo Ricardo Quintana at Barnes & Noble. FREE Shipping ... By Pablo Ricardo Quintana. iUniverse. Copyright © 2014 Pablo Ricardo Quintana. All rights reserved.. ISBN: 978-1-4917-3439-1 ... Excerpted from The Comprehensive Dictionary of Patron Saints by Pablo Ricardo Quintana. Copyright © 2014 Pablo Ricardo Quintana ...
Handbook of race, racism, and the developing child - Stephen M. Quintana, Clark McKown - Google Books
Quintana Carmen in Miami, FL with Reviews - YP.com
See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Quintana Carmen locations in Miami, FL. ... Find 26 listings related to Quintana Carmen in Miami on YP.com. ... Quintana Carmen. Quintana Carmen in Miami, FL. About Search ... Related Articlesfor Quintana Carmenmore related articles ». Wisdom Teeth Removal and Cost ». Learn about wisdom teeth removal ...
Updated Quintana Roo Tourism Board Statement Regarding Taylor Meyer
The Government of the State of Quintana Roo has been in contact with the regional U.S. Consulate General in Merida, Mexico , to ... QUINTANA ROO, Mexico, Nov. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Government of the State of Quintana ... Updated Quintana Roo Tourism Board Statement Regarding Taylor Meyer. Saturday, November 17, 2018 Lifestyle News ... Millions of tourists safely travel to Quintana Roo for vacation every year and we are committed to the safety and satisfaction ...
The Cycling World May Soon Bow Down Before Nairo Quintana : Goats and Soda : NPR
The Cycling World May Soon Bow Down Before Nairo Quintana. The Cycling World May Soon Bow Down Before Nairo Quintana. Listen · ... Addressing Quintana, an ecstatic Colombian race announcer shouted: "The whole world bows down before you!" Last year, Quintana ... The Cycling World May Soon Bow Down Before Nairo Quintana : Goats and Soda In 2013, a newcomer from Colombia passed almost ... The Cycling World May Soon Bow Down Before Nairo Quintana. Listen · 4:07 4:07. ...
Find Vegetable and Melon Farming Companies in Quintana - Dun & Bradstreet
Dan Quintana - 'Salinity' - oil on wood | Beinart Gallery
Immunoelectrophoretic characterization and cross-reactivity of Rochalimaea henselae, Rochalimaea quintana and Afipia felis. -...
It was concluded that (i) 4-7 antigens distinguish R. henselae, R. quintana and A. felis from each other, (ii) both Gram- ... By this technique 56 antigens were identified from R. henselae, 49 from R. quintana, and 39 from A. felis. The serological ... The soluble antigens of Rochalimaea henselae, Rochalimaea quintana and Afipia felis were characterized by crossed ... Immunoelectrophoretic characterization and cross-reactivity of Rochalimaea henselae, Rochalimaea quintana and Afipia felis.. ...
'Strand' Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa (Akumal/Riviera Maya) • HolidayCheck (Quintana Roo |...
Dr. Joseph Quintana Jr, MD - El Paso, TX - Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology | Healthgrades.com
Joseph Quintana Jr, MD Find Phone & Address information, medical practice history, affiliated hospitals and more. ... Quintana Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quintana Jr. and would like to add ... Joseph Quintana Jr, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in El Paso, TX. He is 64 years old. Dr. Quintana Jr is affiliated ... Quintana Jrs. Reviews. Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quintana Jr to family and friends ...
'Strand' Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa (Akumal/Riviera Maya) • HolidayCheck (Quintana Roo |...
Hotel Esencia, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo
Quintana returns to Colombia to prepare for Tour debut | VeloNews.com
Quintana said he was looking forward to returning home after many months in Spain, where he is based in Pamplona when not on ... Quintana returns to Colombia to prepare for Tour debut. By Andrew Hood Published Apr. 26, 2013. ... "I stay where I live, at 1,800 meters to prepare for the Tour," Quintana told VeloNews. "I will stay about one month. I will be ... Nairo Quintana had a solid spring season in 2013,, highlighted by his overall victory at the Tour of the Basque Country. Photo ...
Cycling: Quintana escapes serious injury after being hit by car | Reuters
Former Giro dItalia winner Nairo Quintana said he had not suffered any serious injuries after being hit by a car during ... His Arkea-Samsic team feared a possible knee injury but Quintana said he had grazed his left arm and hurt his right knee and ... "I want to let you know that I am good," a smiling Quintana said in a video posted on his Twitter account. ... BOGOTA (Reuters) - Former Giro dItalia winner Nairo Quintana said he had not suffered any serious injuries after being hit by ...
Cheap Economy Car Rentals in Quintana Roo | CarRentals.com
Book a discount Economy rent a car in Quintana Roo today. ... Find cheap deals on Economy Quintana Roo car rentals with ... About Economy in Quintana Roo Explore Quintana Roo with your very own set of rental wheels. Whether youre traveling for a ... So get started today and reserve your Economy rental cars in Quintana Roo, this way, youll have more money in your pocket to ... Forget waiting around for expensive cab rides and confusing buses, and book a cheap Economy rent a car in Quintana Roo. And ...
Coco Hacienda Tulum hotel | Tulum | Quintana Roo | Smith Hotels
Quintana Roo: Romanian Mafia Tied to Mexican Politicians | Immigration | Before It's News
... as well as officials from the Quintana Roo Prosecutors Office) who allegedly protect and collaborate with the Romanian mafia ... According to Sol Quintana Roo, the investigation by the US authorities is focused on Pablo Mauricio Amezcua Dorador and ... This is the case of the former president of Benito Juárez and federal deputy for Quintana Roo, Roberto Estrada Barba, of the ... For a time, Amezcua Dorador dedicated himself to social life and the opening of clubs in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, in Quintana ...
Nairo Quintana's hotel room searched by French police on Tour de France
Nairo Quintanas Tour de France hopes evaporate on Grand Colombier. All the right signs are there says Nairo Quintana of Tour ... Quintana joined Arkéa-Samsic ahead of the 2020 season after seven years with Movistar. He was joined at the French team by his ... Quintana reached Paris in 17th place overall, his lowest finish in a Grand Tour since the 2012 Vuelta a España. ... Quintana began his time with Ark-éa-Samsic with five wins in the opening weeks of the season. ...
Jose QuintanaNairo QuintanaBacteremiaTrench feverEndocarditisYuri QuintanaRochalimaeaHenselaeBody liceInfectionAntibodiesInnings2020CubsPitcherSeroprevalence2016ColombianHigh titersMexicoChetumalArkea-SamsicEtiologic agentCross-reactivityBacteriaRickettsiaThumb11thFelisInfections amongHomeless patientsWinsSerologicalGeneticsClinicalImmunocompetentProteinsLeft-handed
- Jose Quintana of the White Sox pitches against the Cardinals Tuesday night in St. Louis. (baltimoresun.com)
- Whatever, someone has to give up his spot in the White Sox rotation to make room for Jose Quintana . (baltimoresun.com)
- Then there's Jose Quintana and his $11.5 million team option. (yahoo.com)
- FILE - In this Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019 file photo, Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Jose Quintana delivers during the first inning of the team's baseball game against the Pittsburgh Pirates in Pittsburgh. (fox16.com)
- The Cubs are placing southpaw Jose Quintana on the 10-day injured with left lat inflammation, Jesse Rogers of ESPN.com reports. (mlbtraderumors.com)
- He suggests that there are indications the Sox do intend to move lefty Jose Quintana this summer - and they don't think they'll need to accept a sub-par return despite his struggles so far. (mlbtraderumors.com)
- Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Jose Quintana suffered a thumb injury on his left pitching hand while washing dishes at his Miami home Saturday. (bleacherreport.com)
- Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Jose Quintana delivers during the first inning of the Little League Classic baseball game against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Bowman Stadium in Williamsport, Pa. (krqe.com)
- DETROIT (AP) - Whatever Jose Quintana is trying against Yoenis Cespedes, it isn't working. (apnews.com)
- Colombia's Nairo Quintana, wearing the best young rider's white jersey,crosses the finish line of the 19th stage of the 2015 Tour de France on Friday. (npr.org)
- Going into the final stage of the 2015 Tour de France, newcomer Nairo Quintana was only 2 minutes 38 seconds behind leader Chris Froome, and some say he has a chance to bring home the yellow jersey. (npr.org)
- Colombian cyclist Nairo Quintana poses for a snapshot during a training session this month in Colombia. (npr.org)
- As Nairo Quintana trains on a twisting mountain road, Colombian children cheer him on. (npr.org)
- Nairo Quintana had a solid spring season in 2013,, highlighted by his overall victory at the Tour of the Basque Country. (velonews.com)
- LEON, Spain (VN) - Colombian sensation Nairo Quintana (Movistar) returned home this week after a wildly successful spring season capped by his overall victory in the Vuelta al Pais Vasco (Tour of the Basque Country). (velonews.com)
- FILE PHOTO: Cycling - Tour de France - The 208-km Stage 18 from Embrun to Valloire - July 25, 2019 - Movistar Team rider Nairo Quintana of Colombia wins the stage. (reuters.com)
- BOGOTA (Reuters) - Former Giro d'Italia winner Nairo Quintana said he had not suffered any serious injuries after being hit by a car during training in Colombia on Friday. (reuters.com)
- The sports daily reports that Nairo Quintana was the target of the raid, which was carried out by officers from the Central Office for the Fight against Threats to Environmental and Public Health (OCLAESP). (yahoo.com)
- Will Colombians Rigoberto Uran, Nairo Quintana or Egan Bernal take home the yellow jersey? (espn.co.uk)
- If, before that Tour, fans were asked to predict which Colombian would threaten Froome, the obvious pick would have been three-time podium finisher Nairo Quintana. (espn.co.uk)
- An outbreak of bacteremia due to B. quintana has been reported among homeless people in Seattle, and the seroprevalence is high among homeless people in both the United States and Europe. (nih.gov)
- This was associated with B. quintana bacteremia. (ajtmh.org)
- Bartonella quintana Bacteremia among homeless people. (ajtmh.org)
- Bartonella (Rochalimaea) quintana bacteremia in inner-city patients with chronic alcoholism. (semanticscholar.org)
- Bartonella bacteremia was associated with sweats, evidence of louse infestation, serological tests that were positive for B. quintana , and high titers of B. quintana antibody. (oup.com)
- In an outbreak of urban trench fever among homeless people in Marseilles, B. quintana infections were associated with body lice in patients with nonspecific symptoms or no symptoms. (nih.gov)
- Bartonella quintana , a pathogen that is restricted to human hosts and louse vectors, was first characterized as the agent of trench fever. (cdc.gov)
- When trench fever was first described in 1915, its etiologic agent was called Rickettsia quintana or R. volhynica ( 6 ). (cdc.gov)
- Bartonella quintana , the agent of trench fever and a cause of endocarditis and bacillary angiomatosis in humans, has the highest reported in vitro hemin requirement for any bacterium. (asm.org)
- Trench fever is an arthropod-borne disease caused by Bartonella quintana and occurs about 10 days following the bite of an infected body louse ( Pediculus humanus ) ( 14 ). (asm.org)
- Trench fever, a louse-borne disease caused by Bartonella quintana, is reemerging in homeless persons. (ajtmh.org)
- Trench fever is caused by Bartonella (Rochalimaea) quintana, a small gram-negative rod that is transmitted by body lice. (semanticscholar.org)
- However, over the past 3 years we have identified one case of culture-positive and two cases of culture-negative endocarditis due to B. quintana . (asm.org)
- We describe the first case of Bartonella quintana endocarditis affecting a prosthetic valve in a person with no known risk factors for this infection. (cdc.gov)
- Bartonella (Rochalimaea) quintana endocarditis in three homeless men. (semanticscholar.org)
- Immunoelectrophoretic characterization and cross-reactivity of Rochalimaea henselae, Rochalimaea quintana and Afipia felis. (nih.gov)
- The soluble antigens of Rochalimaea henselae, Rochalimaea quintana and Afipia felis were characterized by crossed immunoelectrophoresis using bacterial sonicates as antigens against pooled hyperimmune rabbit sera. (nih.gov)
- R. quintana was classified in the genus Rochalimaea , tribe Rickettsiae , family Rickettsiaceae . (cdc.gov)
- The 1984 edition of Bergey ' s Manual of Systematic Bacteriology lists only one species of Bartonella ( B. bacilliformis ) ( 13 ) and two species of Rochalimaea ( R. quintana and R. vinsonii ) ( 18 ), which were later included in the Bartonella genus. (asm.org)
- Bartonella (Rochalimaea) quintana isolation in patient with chronic adenopathy, lymphopenia, and a cat. (semanticscholar.org)
- By this technique 56 antigens were identified from R. henselae, 49 from R. quintana, and 39 from A. felis. (nih.gov)
- The serological cross-reaction between R. henselae, R. quintana and A. felis, and between these 3 bacteria and 32 pathogenic bacteria was analysed by rocket-line immunoelectrophoresis, crossed-line immunoelectrophoresis, and tandem-crossed electrophoresis. (nih.gov)
- The aims were to determine the IgG and IgM seroprevalences of Bartonella henselae and Bartonella quintana in immunocompromised and immunocompetent individuals using an immunofluorescence assay (IFA). (scielo.org.za)
- Bacillary angiomatosis (caused by B. henselae or B. quintana ) and bacillary peliosis (caused by B. henselae ) occur primarily in people with weakened immune systems, such as those with advanced HIV infection. (cdc.gov)
- Body lice are known to be the vectors of B. quintana. (nih.gov)
- Body lice were collected and analyzed by the polymerase chain reaction and sequencing of a portion of the citrate synthase gene of B. quintana. (nih.gov)
- Detection of Bartonella quintana from body lice ( Anoplura: Pediculidae ) infesting homeless people in Tokyo by molecular technique. (ajtmh.org)
- To determine the presence of Bartonella quintana in head and body lice from persons in different locations in Ethiopia, we used molecular methods. (cdc.gov)
- Samples of blood and body lice were collected for culture for B. quintana and for serological testing. (oup.com)
- Infection with B. quintana has not been previously reported in Australia. (asm.org)
- Bartonella quintana is a rare cause of culture-negative endovascular infection, characterised by intracellular persistence. (bmj.com)
- We describe a case of ascending aortic prosthetic graft infection due to B. quintana , in a patient with past unrecognised necrotising aortitis, which was successfully treated with doxycycline monotherapy. (bmj.com)
- LAUSANNE, Switzerland, September 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Debiopharm Group, SA (Debiopharm), a Swiss-based global biopharmaceutical group of companies with a focus on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs, today presented the 'Debiopharm Life Sciences Award' to Dr Lluis Quintana-Murci from the Institut Pasteur in France, for his outstanding innovative research in the emerging field of evolutionary genetics of infection. (bio-medicine.org)
- Dr Quintana-Murci has used a novel approach called "evolutionary genetics of infection" that has helped in the understanding of how pathogens have contributed to shape the human genome. (bio-medicine.org)
- Most importantly, this prize honours the field of human evolutionary genetics by recognising it as an indispensable complement to the clinical and epidemiological genetics of infection," added Dr Quintana-Murci. (bio-medicine.org)
- Emergence of Bartonella quintana infection among homeless persons. (ajtmh.org)
- Antibodies to both C. pneumoniae and B. quintana were found in nine subjects (seven cases and two controls), suggesting co-infection rather than cross-reactivity. (biomedsearch.com)
- Blood was collected for microimmunofluorescence testing for antibodies against B. quintana and for culture of the bacterium. (nih.gov)
- Therefore, the association between antibodies to C. pneumoniae and coronary heart disease (CHD) as described in the literature may be due to antibodies cross-reacting with B. quintana. (biomedsearch.com)
- To investigate this hypothesis, we evaluated, in a case-control study, the prevalence of C. pneumoniae and B. quintana antibodies among 296 cases with angiographically significant artery lesions and 170 controls without angiographically demonstrable coronary artery disease. (biomedsearch.com)
- In his last two starts, Quintana has allowed 19 hits in 11 1/3 innings, but he has given up only three earned runs. (baltimoresun.com)
- Quintana throws strikes, as evidenced by just six walks in 27 1/3 innings this season. (baltimoresun.com)
- Quintana has since thrown six innings of four-run ball with nine strikeouts and two walks over a pair of relief appearances. (mlbtraderumors.com)
- Quintana pitched seven crisp innings, Rizzo hit a two-run homer and the Chicago Cubs beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 7-1 on Sunday night in the MLB Little League Classic. (krqe.com)
- Cespedes hit a grand slam and a two-run homer off Quintana, and Shane Greene pitched seven more impressive innings to help the Detroit Tigers rout the Chicago White Sox 9-1 on Sunday. (apnews.com)
- Chicago's pitchers came into the game with a 1.79 ERA in their previous 50 1-3 innings, but Quintana was in trouble pretty much throughout. (apnews.com)
- Quintana, Christina (2020). (wikipedia.org)
- Quintana joined Arkéa-Samsic ahead of the 2020 season after seven years with Movistar. (yahoo.com)
- Chicago Cubs left-hander José Quintana had surgery to repair nerve damage in his pitching thumb Thursday, July 2, 2020 after he cut himself washing dishes and is out indefinitely. (fox16.com)
- Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reported Thursday that Quintana underwent surgery and should be ready to resume his throwing program in two weeks ahead of the 2020 MLB season. (bleacherreport.com)
- Quintana said in spring training he was hopeful he could produce a bounce-back year in 2020. (bleacherreport.com)
- Over the next few weeks, the Cubs have to decide if they will exercise that option and bring back Quintana to give them four spots in the rotation filled, but run the total salary to $65.5 million for four starters. (yahoo.com)
- Quintana ended the season on a sour note (11.09 ERA in September), but he still finished second behind only Hendricks in WAR (3.5) on the Cubs pitching staff and the peripheral numbers show he was a victim of some bad luck in 2019. (yahoo.com)
- As a whole, Quintana was a rock in the Cubs rotation this season while Lester, Hendricks, Darvish and Cole Hamels dealt with varying degrees of injury. (yahoo.com)
- Quintana went 13-9 with a 4.68 ERA last year in his second full season with the Cubs. (fox16.com)
- Chicago Cubs left-handed pitcher José Quintana underwent surgery Thursday after slicing his thumb while washing dishes at his Miami home last weekend. (nbcchicago.com)
- According to the team, Quintana, who posted a 13-9 record with a 4.68 ERA for the Cubs last season, suffered a laceration on his left thumb that required five stitches. (nbcchicago.com)
- Quintana bWAR with the a Cubs: 4.4. (mlbtraderumors.com)
- AP) - José Quintana, Anthony Rizzo and the Chicago Cubs put on quite a show. (krqe.com)
- Look, Quintana is the Sox's most reliable pitcher behind Chris Sale and Jake Peavy , so how could the Sox take the kid down? (baltimoresun.com)
- Quintana Roo Elecciones 2016 ¿La alternancia? (amazon.com)
- Addressing Quintana, an ecstatic Colombian race announcer shouted: "The whole world bows down before you! (npr.org)
- Like many of the new generation of Colombian riders, Quintana said he started racing his bike because he needed to rely upon it for transportation. (velonews.com)
- According to L'Équipe , police also searched the rooms of Colombian riders Dayer Quintana and Winner Anacona, as well the team's soigneurs and the team cars. (yahoo.com)
- In 10 of 71 homeless patients (14 percent), blood cultures were positive for B. quintana, and 21 of the patients (30 percent) had high titers of antibody against the organism. (nih.gov)
- 1] ECOSUR, Avenida Centenario km 5.5, Colonia Pacto Obrero Campesino, Chetumal 77014, Quintana Roo, Mexico  Posgrado en Oceanografía Costera, Instituto de Investigaciones Oceanológicas-Facultad de Ciencias Marinas, Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Apdo. (nih.gov)
- Study sites in the southern part of Quintana Roo, Mexico.The study sites are located in reef lagoon environments at Xcalak and Xahuayxol (black circles). (nih.gov)
- The shrimps were collected on Thalassia testudinum Banks & Solander ex König meadows in Bahía de la Ascensión, Quintana Roo, Mexico during May 2002 by means of a Coleman-Seagrove sledge net with 800 μm mesh opening. (brillonline.com)
- Official figures from some years ago would indicate that the region's drug market is worth US $1.5 billion annually, says a researcher at the Autonomous University of Quintana Roo who also believes Mexico must act and get to the root of the problem if it wishes to avoid becoming a failed state. (borderlandbeat.com)
- Cancun is a young town without church across the neither non existing government building nor the existing town hall, because the capital of Quintana Roo is Chetumal. (dorotheeinternational.blog)
- His Arkea-Samsic team feared a possible knee injury but Quintana said he had grazed his left arm and hurt his right knee and left leg. (reuters.com)
- B. quintana is currently reemerging as an etiologic agent primarily afflicting homeless, alcoholic males that live within the inner cities of the United States and Europe ( 28 ). (asm.org)
- Serologic cross-reactivity has been demonstrated between Bartonella quintana and Chlamydia pneumoniae. (biomedsearch.com)
- MDC biology major Rosana Quintana is conducting research on bacteria to identify proteins that impact the immune system and specific parts of DNA. (mdc.edu)
- We described for the first time in this country Bartonella quintana , B. koehlerae , B. taylorii , and Rickettsia felis in fleas from the gerbil species Meriones lybicus , and B. elizabethae and B. doshiae in rat fleas. (ajtmh.org)
- Brief communication Co-detection of Bartonella quintana and Yersinia pestis in an 11thЦ15th burial site in Bondy France. (docme.ru)
- Of these, B. quintana , B. elizabethae , B. koehlerae , and R. felis are recognized human pathogens. (ajtmh.org)
- Recently, B. quintana infections in homeless patients have been reported in the United States and Europe. (semanticscholar.org)
- Hemin-binding proteins as potent markers for serological diagnosis of infections with Bartonella quintana. (semanticscholar.org)
- The Debiopharm Life Sciences Award Goes to Dr Lluis Quintana-Murci for his Novel and Original Research on the Human Evolutionary Genetics of. (bio-medicine.org)
- Dr Quintana-Murci leads the research unit of "Human Evolutionary Genetics" within the Department of Genomes and Genetics at the Pasteur Institute in Paris. (bio-medicine.org)
- Bartonella quintana is increasingly recognized as a cause of clinical disease in various geographical locations. (asm.org)
- In addition, B. quintana infections have been reported in both immunocompromised individuals as well as in immunocompetent patients ( 54 ). (asm.org)
- With the help of MDC's erudite faculty and advanced laboratory facilities, Quintana is working to identify different types of proteins called endonucleases and their impact on the immune system. (mdc.edu)
- We determined that eight membrane-associated proteins from B. quintana bind hemin and that a ∼25-kDa protein (HbpA) was the dominant hemin-binding protein. (asm.org)
- Putting Quintana in the rotation would give the Sox three left-handed starters, which might be unconventional, but winning trumps convention. (baltimoresun.com)