Copies of a work or document distributed to the public by sale, rental, lease, or lending. (From ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983, p181)
The influence of study results on the chances of publication and the tendency of investigators, reviewers, and editors to submit or accept manuscripts for publication based on the direction or strength of the study findings. Publication bias has an impact on the interpretation of clinical trials and meta-analyses. Bias can be minimized by insistence by editors on high-quality research, thorough literature reviews, acknowledgement of conflicts of interest, modification of peer review practices, etc.
"The business or profession of the commercial production and issuance of literature" (Webster's 3d). It includes the publisher, publication processes, editing and editors. Production may be by conventional printing methods or by electronic publishing.
Duplicate Publication as Topic
Simultaneous or successive publishing of identical or near- identical material in two or more different sources without acknowledgment. It differs from reprinted publication in that a reprint cites sources. It differs from PLAGIARISM in that duplicate publication is the product of the same authorship while plagiarism publishes a work or parts of a work of another as one's own.
The profession of writing. Also the identity of the writer as the creator of a literary production.
Peer Review, Research
The evaluation by experts of the quality and pertinence of research or research proposals of other experts in the same field. Peer review is used by editors in deciding which submissions warrant publication, by granting agencies to determine which proposals should be funded, and by academic institutions in tenure decisions.
Journal Impact Factor
The guidelines and policy statements set forth by the editor(s) or editorial board of a publication.
Retraction of Publication as Topic
Congresses as Topic
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
Activities performed to identify concepts and aspects of published information and research reports.
Manuscripts as Topic
Compositions written by hand, as one written before the invention or adoption of printing. A manuscript may also refer to a handwritten copy of an ancient author. A manuscript may be handwritten or typewritten as distinguished from a printed copy, especially the copy of a writer's work from which printed copies are made. (Webster, 3d ed)
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of references and citations to books, articles, publications, etc., generally on a single subject or specialized subject area. Databases can operate through automated files, libraries, or computer disks. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, FACTUAL which is used for collections of data and facts apart from bibliographic references to them.
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Terminology as Topic
The terms, expressions, designations, or symbols used in a particular science, discipline, or specialized subject area.
Access to Information
Dissertations, Academic as Topic
Dissertations embodying results of original research and especially substantiating a specific view, e.g., substantial papers written by candidates for an academic degree under the individual direction of a professor or papers written by undergraduates desirous of achieving honors or distinction.
An organized procedure carried out by a select committee of professionals in evaluating the performance of other professionals in meeting the standards of their specialty. Review by peers is used by editors in the evaluation of articles and other papers submitted for publication. Peer review is used also in the evaluation of grant applications. It is applied also in evaluating the quality of health care provided to patients.
Review Literature as Topic
Published materials which provide an examination of recent or current literature. Review articles can cover a wide range of subject matter at various levels of completeness and comprehensiveness based on analyses of literature that may include research findings. The review may reflect the state of the art. It also includes reviews as a literary form.
Publications in any medium issued in successive parts bearing numerical or chronological designations and intended to be continued indefinitely. (ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983, p203)
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
Research Support as Topic
Financial support of research activities.
Meta-Analysis as Topic
A quantitative method of combining the results of independent studies (usually drawn from the published literature) and synthesizing summaries and conclusions which may be used to evaluate therapeutic effectiveness, plan new studies, etc., with application chiefly in the areas of research and medicine.
Conflict of Interest
A situation in which an individual might benefit personally from official or professional actions. It includes a conflict between a person's private interests and official responsibilities in a position of trust. The term is not restricted to government officials. The concept refers both to actual conflict of interest and the appearance or perception of conflict.
It is a form of protection provided by law. In the United States this protection is granted to authors of original works of authorship, including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. (from Circular of the United States Copyright Office, 6/30/2008)
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Those individuals engaged in research.
Academies and Institutes
Organizations representing specialized fields which are accepted as authoritative; may be non-governmental, university or an independent research organization, e.g., National Academy of Sciences, Brookings Institution, etc.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
A surgical specialty concerned with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the urinary tract in both sexes, and the genital tract in the male. Common urological problems include urinary obstruction, URINARY INCONTINENCE, infections, and UROGENITAL NEOPLASMS.
Information Storage and Retrieval
Bibliography as Topic
Discussion of lists of works, documents or other publications, usually with some relationship between them, e.g., by a given author, on a given subject, or published in a given place, and differing from a catalog in that its contents are restricted to holdings of a single collection, library, or group of libraries. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Directions or principles presenting current or future rules of policy for assisting health care practitioners in patient care decisions regarding diagnosis, therapy, or related clinical circumstances. The guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by the convening of expert panels. The guidelines form a basis for the evaluation of all aspects of health care and delivery.
Government Publications as Topic
Any deviation of results or inferences from the truth, or processes leading to such deviation. Bias can result from several sources: one-sided or systematic variations in measurement from the true value (systematic error); flaws in study design; deviation of inferences, interpretations, or analyses based on flawed data or data collection; etc. There is no sense of prejudice or subjectivity implied in the assessment of bias under these conditions.
Medical Subject Headings
Controlled vocabulary thesaurus produced by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. It consists of sets of terms naming descriptors in a hierarchical structure that permits searching at various levels of specificity.
Bibliography of Medicine
Fellowships and Scholarships
Controlled Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about clinical trials involving one or more test treatments, at least one control treatment, specified outcome measures for evaluating the studied intervention, and a bias-free method for assigning patients to the test treatment. The treatment may be drugs, devices, or procedures studied for diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic effectiveness. Control measures include placebos, active medicines, no-treatment, dosage forms and regimens, historical comparisons, etc. When randomization using mathematical techniques, such as the use of a random numbers table, is employed to assign patients to test or control treatments, the trials are characterized as RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIALS AS TOPIC.
Data Interpretation, Statistical
The qualitative or quantitative estimation of the likelihood of adverse effects that may result from exposure to specified health hazards or from the absence of beneficial influences. (Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 1988)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
Textbooks as Topic
The study of animals - their morphology, growth, distribution, classification, and behavior.
Software used to locate data or information stored in machine-readable form locally or at a distance such as an INTERNET site.
Systematic gathering of data for a particular purpose from various sources, including questionnaires, interviews, observation, existing records, and electronic devices. The process is usually preliminary to statistical analysis of the data.
The field of nursing care concerned with the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
The collection, preparation, and distribution of news and related commentary and feature materials through such media as pamphlets, newsletters, newspapers, magazines, radio, motion pictures, television, and books. While originally applied to the reportage of current events in printed form, specifically newspapers, with the advent of radio and television the use of the term has broadened to include all printed and electronic communication dealing with current affairs.
National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
National Academy of Sciences (U.S.)
A United States organization of distinguished scientists and engineers established for the purpose of investigating and reporting upon any subject of art or science as requested by any department of government. The National Research Council organized by NAS serves as the principal operating agency to stimulate and support research.
Technology Assessment, Biomedical
One of the three domains of life (the others being Eukarya and ARCHAEA), also called Eubacteria. They are unicellular prokaryotic microorganisms which generally possess rigid cell walls, multiply by cell division, and exhibit three principal forms: round or coccal, rodlike or bacillary, and spiral or spirochetal. Bacteria can be classified by their response to OXYGEN: aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic; by the mode by which they obtain their energy: chemotrophy (via chemical reaction) or PHOTOTROPHY (via light reaction); for chemotrophs by their source of chemical energy: CHEMOLITHOTROPHY (from inorganic compounds) or chemoorganotrophy (from organic compounds); and by their source for CARBON; NITROGEN; etc.; HETEROTROPHY (from organic sources) or AUTOTROPHY (from CARBON DIOXIDE). They can also be classified by whether or not they stain (based on the structure of their CELL WALLS) with CRYSTAL VIOLET dye: gram-negative or gram-positive.
The medical science that deals with the origin, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of mental disorders.
Observational Study as Topic
Criteria and standards used for the determination of the appropriateness of the inclusion of patients with specific conditions in proposed treatment plans and the criteria used for the inclusion of subjects in various clinical trials and other research protocols.
Collection and analysis of data pertaining to operations of a particular library, library system, or group of independent libraries, with recommendations for improvement and/or ordered plans for further development.
The study of the heart, its physiology, and its functions.
The scientific disciplines concerned with the embryology, anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, etc., of the nervous system.
Databases as Topic
Organized collections of computer records, standardized in format and content, that are stored in any of a variety of computer-readable modes. They are the basic sets of data from which computer-readable files are created. (from ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)
Educational institutions for individuals specializing in the field of medicine.
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
The study of the structure, growth, function, genetics, and reproduction of bacteria, and BACTERIAL INFECTIONS.
United States Food and Drug Administration
An agency of the PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE concerned with the overall planning, promoting, and administering of programs pertaining to maintaining standards of quality of foods, drugs, therapeutic devices, etc.
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Database Management Systems
The process of pictorial communication, between human and computers, in which the computer input and output have the form of charts, drawings, or other appropriate pictorial representation.
Genetic Predisposition to Disease
Ethics Committees, Research
Physician's Practice Patterns
Branch of medicine concerned with the prevention and control of disease and disability, and the promotion of physical and mental health of the population on the international, national, state, or municipal level.
The medical specialty which deals with WOUNDS and INJURIES as well as resulting disability and disorders from physical traumas.
Systematic organization, storage, retrieval, and dissemination of specialized information, especially of a scientific or technical nature (From ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983). It often involves authenticating or validating information.
The doctrines and policies of the Nazis or the National Social German Workers party, which ruled Germany under Adolf Hitler from 1933-1945. These doctrines and policies included racist nationalism, expansionism, and state control of the economy. (from Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. and American Heritage College Dictionary, 3d ed.)
Library Collection Development
Development of a library collection, including the determination and coordination of selection policy, assessment of needs of users and potential users, collection use studies, collection evaluation, identification of collection needs, selection of materials, planning for resource sharing, collection maintenance and weeding, and budgeting.
Consensus Development Conferences as Topic
Presentations of summary statements representing the majority agreement of physicians, scientists, and other professionals convening for the purpose of reaching a consensus--often with findings and recommendations--on a subject of interest. The Conference, consisting of participants representing the scientific and lay viewpoints, is a significant means of evaluating current medical thought and reflects the latest advances in research for the respective field being addressed.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Writings having excellence of form or expression and expressing ideas of permanent or universal interest. The body of written works produced in a particular language, country, or age. (Webster, 3d ed)
Statistics as Topic
The science and art of collecting, summarizing, and analyzing data that are subject to random variation. The term is also applied to the data themselves and to the summarization of the data.
The science of utilization, distribution, and consumption of services and materials.
Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures
The largest country in North America, comprising 10 provinces and three territories. Its capital is Ottawa.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
A computerized biomedical bibliographic storage and retrieval system operated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. MEDLARS stands for Medical Literature Analysis and Retrieval System, which was first introduced in 1964 and evolved into an online system in 1971 called MEDLINE (MEDLARS Online). As other online databases were developed, MEDLARS became the name of the entire NLM information system while MEDLINE became the name of the premier database. MEDLARS was used to produce the former printed Cumulated Index Medicus, and the printed monthly Index Medicus, until that publication ceased in December 2004.
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Clinical Trials, Phase III as Topic
Works about comparative studies to verify the effectiveness of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques determined in phase II studies. During these trials, patients are monitored closely by physicians to identify any adverse reactions from long-term use. These studies are performed on groups of patients large enough to identify clinically significant responses and usually last about three years. This concept includes phase III studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.
Natural Language Processing
Computer processing of a language with rules that reflect and describe current usage rather than prescribed usage.
The number of new cases of a given disease during a given period in a specified population. It also is used for the rate at which new events occur in a defined population. It is differentiated from PREVALENCE, which refers to all cases, new or old, in the population at a given time.
National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.)
The largest of the continents. It was known to the Romans more specifically as what we know today as Asia Minor. The name comes from at least two possible sources: from the Assyrian asu (to rise) or from the Sanskrit usa (dawn), both with reference to its being the land of the rising sun, i.e., eastern as opposed to Europe, to the west. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p82 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p34)
Databases, Nucleic Acid
doi:10.1016/S0169-4332(96)00156-0. Hochedez publication list Marchywka, M; Hochedez, JF; Geis, MW; Socker, DG; Moses, D; ... Goldberg, RT (1991). "Ultraviolet photoresponse characteristics of diamond diodes". Applied Optics. 30 (34): 5011-5013. Bibcode ...
McDonnell F2H Banshee
Standard Aircraft Characteristics: F2H-3,-4 Banshee. Washington, D.C.: United States Navy, 01 May 1951. Snowie, J. Allan (1987 ... Fyshwick, Australia: Aerospace Publications, 2000. ISBN 1-875671-50-1. "The Banshee (1948)" on YouTube RCN Banshee 126402 at ... Midland Counties Publications, 1979, ISBN 0-904597-22-9 Bedford, Alan (September-October 1999). "Early American Carrier Jets: ... Willowdale, Ontario: Banshee Publication, 1991. ISBN 0-9695200-0-X. Polmar, Norman. "Historical Aircraft - The Flying Banshee ...
1977). Characteristics of the present age. [University Publications of America]. OCLC 78118342.CS1 maint: multiple names: ... Place of publication not identified]: HACHETTE LIVRE BNF. ISBN 978-2-01-283292-3. OCLC 987844808. Streit, Clarence K. 1896-1986 ... 2008). Dante alighieri : on world government (de monarchia). [Place of publication not identified]: Griffon House Pubns. ISBN ...
A Euro Inox publication (2009). "Stainless steels in contact with other materials" (PDF). Bauer, Alfred E. "Stainless Steels in ... American Iron and Steel Institute (1978). "Review of the Wear and Galling Characteristics of Stainless Steels". Nickel ... 2018). "A study on characteristics and internal exposure evaluation of radioactive aerosols during stainless pipe cutting in ... Concentrated sulfuric acid possesses oxidizing characteristics like nitric acid, and thus silicon-bearing stainless steels are ...
2011). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. (6th ed.) Washington, DC: American Psychological Society ... Eddy, Erik R.; D'Abate, Caroline P.; Tannenbaum, Scott I.; Givens-Skeaton, Susan; Robinson, Greg (2006). "Key characteristics ... A study which discusses the key characteristics of effective and ineffective developmental interactions shows that interactions ...
Mary Frank Fox
"Social-Organizational Characteristics of Work and Publication Productivity Among Academic Scientists in Doctoral Granting ... "Gender, Family Characteristics, and Publication Productivity Among Scientists." Social Studies of Science 35 (February 2005): ... Family Characteristics, and Publication Productivity" (2005). Fox devoted many years of her work to the sociology of science ... relationships between family characteristics and publication productivity among women and men in academic science that go ...
Manager of Publications. OCLC 13224514. McDowell, R.E.; Johnson, J.C.; Fletcher, J.L.; Harvey, W.R. (1961). "Production ... Ahlawat, S. P. S.; Upadhaya, S. N.; Singh, P. K.; Pundir, R. K. (2007-08-05). "Status, characteristics and performance of Red ... Characteristics of Jerseys and Red Sindhi-Jersey Crossbred Females". Journal of Dairy Science. 44: 125-140. doi:10.3168/jds. ... CHARACTERISTICS AND PERFORMANCE OF RED SINDHI CATTLE. ...
Punishment in Australia
Corben, Simon; Tang, Helen (August 2019). "NSW Inmate Census 2018: Summary of Characteristics" (PDF). Statistical Publication. ... "Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander prisoner characteristics, 2017". www.abs.gov.au. Australian Bureau of Statistics. "4517.0 ... "Prisoners in Australia, 2017 - Prisoner Characteristics - Table 22". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 12 November ... Prisoners in Australia, 2018: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Prisoner Characteristics". Australian Bureau of Statistics ...
"Publication: Operating Characteristics of Center Pivot Sprinklers" (PDF). NebGuid. Retrieved 2008-12-17. "Landscape Irrigation ...
Publications Service Center (2001-12-18). "What is a desert?". United States Geological Survey. Archived from the original on ... S. I. Efe; F. E. Ogban; M. J. Horsfall; E. E. Akporhonor (2005). "Seasonal Variations of Physico-chemical Characteristics in ... Mei Zheng (2000). "The sources and characteristics of atmospheric particulates during the wet and dry seasons in Hong Kong". ... J. S. Oguntoyinbo & F. O. Akintola (1983). "Rainstorm characteristics affecting water availability for agriculture" (PDF). IAHS ...
North American AJ Savage
Fyshwick, Australia: Aerospace Publications, 2000. ISBN 1-875671-50-1. 'List of A-2s on AeroWeb Wooster's Comprehensive list. ... Standard Aircraft Characteristics Johnson 2000, p. 343. Ginter 1992, p. 30. Ginter 1992, pp. 5, 7, 25, 75. Miller 2001, p. 94 ... Standard Aircraft Characteristics: AJ-1 "Savage". Washington, D.C.: United States Navy, 30 June 1957. Swanborough, Gordon and ... Data from U.S. Navy Standard Aircraft Characteristics, American Attack Aircraft Since 1926 and United States Navy Aircraft ...
Migrant domestic workers in Lebanon
Friedrich Ebert Foundation (2016). "Characteristics and Structure of the Union Movement in Lebanon". FES Publication: 39. ... protrav/documents/publication/wcms_377806.pdf Hamill, K. (2012). KAFA: Enough Violence and Exploitation, "Policy Paper on ...
Mineola, N.Y.: Dover Publications. p. 166. ISBN 0486426092. Goodridge, Paula (2009). Art activities : that are easy to prepare ... Bendure, Zelma & Gladys (1946). America's fabrics: origin and history, manufacture, characteristics and uses. Macmillan Company ... Saward, Blanche C. (1887). Encyclopedia of Victorian needlework: Dictionary of needlework, Volume 1. Dover Publications. ISBN ...
Leiden: CNWS Publications. ISBN 90-5789-153-0; OCLC 181625480 Wiwŏnhoe, Yunesŭkʻo Hanʼguk. (2004). Korean History: Discovery of ... Its Characteristics and Developments. Elizabeth, New Jersey: Hollym. ISBN 978-1-56591-177-2; OCLC 56107531 Joseon Tongsinsa ...
"Characteristics of Different Smoothing Windows - NI LabVIEW 8.6 Help". zone.ni.com. Retrieved 2020-02-13. Blackman, R.B.; Tukey ... Dover Publications. p. 99. ISBN 9780486605074. "Blackman-Harris Window Family". ccrma.stanford.edu. Retrieved 2016-04-13. " ... Bergen, S.W.A.; Antoniou, A. (2004). "Design of Ultraspherical Window Functions with Prescribed Spectral Characteristics". ... often making it easier to detect the signal's presence or measure certain characteristics, such as amplitude and frequency. ...
2004). Korean History: Discovery of Its Characteristics and Developments, p. 305; 염정섭 (Yeom Jeong-Seop). 조선 후기 고구마의 도입과 재배법의 정리 ... Leiden: CNWS Publications. ISBN 90-5789-153-0; OCLC 181625480 Wiwŏnhoe, Yunesŭkʻo Hanʼguk. (2004). Korean History: Discovery of ... Its Characteristics and Developments. Elizabeth, New Jersey: Hollym. ISBN 978-1-56591-177-2; OCLC 56107531 Joseon Tongsinsa ...
Violence against women in the Philippines
Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1998. Print. "One In Four Women Have Ever Experienced Spousal Violence (Preliminary ... "Table 1. Spousal violence by background characteristics" (PDF). Philippine Statistics Authority. Archived from the original ( ...
William Lay Thompson
Song Characteristics of the Yellow Warbler. The Wilson Bulletin, 91(4) :533-550. Suggestions for Preparing Audiospectrograms ... for Publications. Condor, 81 :220-221. Local Song Traditions in Indigo Buntings: Cultural Transmissions of Behavior Patterns ...
Natural history of Mount Kenya
Blackwell Scientific Publications. 19 (1-2): 33-54. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2028.1981.tb00651.x. Maundu, Patrick and Bo Tengnäs (eds ... Smaller trees dominate in the timberline forest, and the characteristic trees are African rosewood (Hagenia abyssinica, Kik. ... London: Intermediate Technology Publications Ltd. ISBN 1-85339-253-7. Bussmann, Rainer (2001). "Succession and Regeneration ... Niemelä, Tuomo; Pellikka, Petri (2004). "Zonation and characteristics of the vegetation of Mt Kenya". Expedition Reports of the ...
SAGE Publications, Incorporated. ISBN 978-1-4129-1519-9. Retrieved 2010-08-13. Richer, Steve (2002-10-23). "How To: Behave In ... The dancer qualifies a customer by sizing up their appearance and personal characteristics. Once the dancer identifies a ... Rizzoli International Publications. ISBN 978-0-8478-1074-1. Retrieved 2010-08-13. Poitras, Gilles (2005). The Anime Companion 2 ... SAGE Publications, Incorporated. ISBN 978-1-4129-7582-7. Retrieved 2010-08-13. "Naked Ambition". Philadelphia Magazine. 13 ...
Expectancy violations theory
Context encompasses both environment and interaction characteristics. Communicator characteristics lead to distinctions between ... Sage Publication. p. 93. ISBN 9781412977371. Guerrero, L. K., Andersen, P. A., & Afifi, W. A. (2001). Close Encounters: ... These factors later evolved into communicator characteristics, relational characteristics, and context. Communicator ... Relational characteristics refer to factors such as similarity, familiarity, status and liking. The type of relationship one ...
List of ship launches in 1854
Crothers, William L. (1997). The American-Built Clipper Ship, 1850-1856: Characteristics, Construction, Details. Camden, ME: ... New York: Dover Publications. ISBN 978-0486251158.. ...
2011). Hours of Service and Driver Fatigue: Driver Characteristics Research. (Publication No. FMCSA-RRR-11-018). Federal Motor ... "Improved Safety for Truck Drivers: Designing Safer Cabs Based on Driver Body Dimensions". DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2011- ... 2017, rule set for DOT publication". Overdrive. Retrieved 2018-10-22. Badkar, Mamta (August 5, 2014). "There's A Huge Shortage ... "Truck Driver Occupational Safety and Health - 2003 Conference Report and Selective Literature Review". NIOSH Publications and ...
Antelope of Boston
Volume 1, Adelaide-Lotus (reprint of 1926-1927 ed.). New York: Dover Publications. pp. 13-14. ISBN 978-0-486-25115-8. Crothers ... William L. (1997). The American-Built Clipper Ship, 1850-1856: Characteristics, Construction, Details. Camden, ME: ...
Political economy of communications
Healthy journalism can be defined through four characteristics, outlined by Robert W. McChesney. The first characteristic is ... Sage Publications. ISBN 978-1-4462-0494-8. OCLC 764574175. Mosco, Vincent (2009), "What is Political Economy? Definitions and ... The characteristics are as follows: History and Social Change: It is necessary to analyze the history of an issue or technology ... When employing this characteristic in analysis, it is necessary to assess the moral implications of a situation, and how it ...
"NUTRITIONAL CHARACTERISTICS of ORGANIC, FRESHLY STONE-GROUND, SOURDOUGH & - CONVENTIONAL BREADS". Ecological Agriculture ... Projects Publications. Ecological Agriculture Projects. Retrieved 15 December 2009. "Mediterranean Flour Moth (Department of ...
List of ship launches in 1851
New York: Dover Publications. pp. 13-14. ISBN 978-0486251158. Crothers, William L. (1997). The American-Built Clipper Ship, ... Crothers, William L. (1997). The American-Built Clipper Ship, 1850-1856: Characteristics, Construction, Details. Camden, ME: ... Crothers, William L. (1997). The American-Built Clipper Ship, 1850-1856: Characteristics, Construction, Details. Camden, ME: ... 1850-1856: Characteristics, Construction, Details. Camden, ME: International Marine. ISBN 0-07-014501-6. Howe, Octavius T; ...
Neptune City, NJ: T.F.H. Publications. pp. 896-897. Kentwood D. Wells (2010). The Ecology and Behavior of Amphibians. ... Jaroensutasinee, M. (December 2000). "Bubble nest habitat characteristics of wild Siamese fighting fish". Journal of Fish ...
Emery and Claire Yass Publications in Archaeology. Government of Jordan, Department of Statistics (1964). First Census of ... Volume I: Final Tables; General Characteristics of the Population (PDF). Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics ( ...
Center for the Study of Intelligence Publications. 60: 1-15. Archived from the original on 2019-05-08. Retrieved 2019-05-23. ... Fretwell, Peter; Kiland, Taylor Baldwin (2013). Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton: Six Characteristics of High Performance Teams. ...
... only a few characteristics which become the leading personality traits of the persons living in that culture. These traits ... both accomplished anthropologists with influential publications, neither of whom ever mentioned the work of the other. ...
Since the publication of the History of Trade Unionism (1894) by Sidney and Beatrice Webb, the predominant historical view is ... Dvorak, J., Karnite, R., Guogis, A. (2018). The Characteristic Features of Social Dialogue in the Baltics. STEPP: Socialinė ... Union publications. Several sources of current news exist about the trade union movement in the world. These include ... Toronto, Ont.: New Canada Publications, 1973).. *Markovits, Andrei. The Politics of West German Trade Unions: Strategies of ...
"Geological Society, London, Special Publications. 336 (1): 31-50. Bibcode:2010GSLSP.336...31G. doi:10.1144/SP336.3.. ... or some other pronounced physical characteristic. ...
An ecological and evolutionary approach (5th ed.). Blackwell Scientific Publications, Cambridge. ISBN 0-632-02967-6 ... Regionally, other systems are used, based on characteristic land mammals; some of them overlap with the preceding Oligocene and ...
Japan Publications. ISBN 978-0-87040-613-3. .. *^ (Japan)), Hokazono, S.(Mie Univ., Tsu; K., Ohara (2007-01-01). "The role of a ... Tilling may destroy crucial physical characteristics of a soil such as water suction, its ability to send moisture upwards, ...
Personal life and characteristicsEdit. Pol Pot had a thirst for power. He was introspective, self-effacing, and ... and there were no publication of his "thoughts", as had been seen with leaders in countries like China and North Korea. ...
... "assert that neoclassical economics has the characteristics of an autistic child". ...
List of political parties in China
Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era Chinese Dream. Four Comprehensives. ... National Press and Publication Administration. *China Film Administration [zh]. *State Council Information Office *China Daily ...
Chelsea House Publications. ISBN 978-0-7910-8505-9. .. *^ a b Ramanan P, Shabman RS, Brown CS, Amarasinghe GK, Basler CF, Leung ... The genetics of the Ebola virus are difficult to study because of EBOV's virulent characteristics. ... International Publications Media Group. ISBN 978-1-63267-011-3. .. *. Ebola Virus: New Insights for the Healthcare Professional ... WHO offset publication; no. 36.. *^ "Ebola Virus, Clinical Presentation". Medscape. Archived from the original on 1 January ...
In this publication, the clinical symptoms of the disease, named after Cushing, were described. Out of the 12 cases ... Diagnosis is made first by diagnosing Cushing's syndrome, which can be difficult to do clinically since the most characteristic ... Experimental evidence and case reports by Cushing led to his publication in 1932 on pituitary basophilism as the cause of ... underdevelopment of secondary sexual characteristics, hydrocephalus and cerebral tension. This combination of symptoms was ...
Amphibian - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TFH Publications, 34. ISBN 978-0-7938-1035-2 *↑ Campbell, Jonathan A. 1999. Amphibians and reptiles of Northern Guatemala, the ... Other characteristics[change , change source]. There are over 350 lungless salamanders. Most of them are terrestrial and are ... Cherry Lake Publications. ISBN 978-1-60279-327-9 *↑ Storer, Malcolm 2004. Experimental approaches to conservation biology. ...
Columbia Broadcasting System Publications. p. 108.. *^ Cape Cod National Seashore (N.S.), Hunting Program: Environmental Impact ... When taking off, the wings of a mallard produce a characteristic faint whistling noise. ... Christopher Helm Publications. p. 211. ISBN 978-1408138953. .. *^ Browne, Robert; Griffin, Curtice; Chang, Paul; Hubley, Mark; ... the plumage of female juveniles remains the same while the plumage of male juveniles gradually changes to its characteristic ...
Vitali, Roberto (1990). Early Temples of Central Tibet London, Serindia Publications.. *Wayman, Alex (1973). "Symbolism of the ... Yet another characteristic of the stone is its possible geographic significance. The four points may relate to the four corners ... Mipham, Sakyong Jamgön (2002) 2000 Seminary Transcripts Book 1 Vajradhatu Publications ISBN 1-55055-002-0 ...
publications.gc.ca. Retrieved August 8, 2019.. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k "Brewing Process , How to , Japan Sake and Shochu ... to produce sake with the characteristic flavor of rice itself. ... "DNA Research: An International Journal for Rapid Publication of ...
The characteristics of any given health care system have significant impact on the way medical care is provided. ... New York: MD Publications, Inc. p. 90. Library of Congress ID: 61-11617.. ... tap to determine resonance characteristics), and auscultation (listen), generally in that order although auscultation occurs ...
Although it shares most of the characteristics of dinosaurs, there are a few differences, particularly in the shape of its hip ... Reig named a second dinosaur from these rocks in the same publication as Herrerasaurus; this dinosaur, Ischisaurus cattoi, ...
Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style
While specialized publications in a field, such as academic journals, are excellent sources for facts, they are not always the ... which are superficially similar to logical quotation but have some characteristics of typesetters' style. Logical quotation is ... "The same rule applies when the name of a place or an organization or a publication (or the last element in the name is a plural ... not unreasonable as a British publication). MapReader (talk) 22:18, 16 December 2017 (UTC). This is all good feedback. I'm on " ...
Dover Publications. pp. 101-115. ISBN 0-486-20394-8. *^ Hyman, Ray. (2003). "How People Are Fooled by Ideomotor Action". ... its origin is unknown but features characteristics of the West Country dialects. In the lead-mining area of the Mendip Hills in ... One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911 ...
1 oxidation state characteristic of the alkali metals), together into a group. His table placed hydrogen with the halogens. ... General Chemistry (1970 ed.). Dover Publications.. *^ "Los Alamos National Laboratory - Sodium". Retrieved 8 June 2007.. ... due to them sharing the characteristic s1 electron configuration of the alkali metals (group 1: p6s1; group 11: d10s1). However ... 1 oxidation state that is characteristic of the other alkali metals and is also the main oxidation state of all the known ...
Commercial sexual exploitation of children
May later emerge in foreign publications. Parental consent binds guilty parties to secrecy; increasing emphasis on suggestive ... Characteristics, and Needs. National Institute of Justice, United States Department of Justice. September 2008. ...
807)," in The John G. Johnson Collection: A History and Selected Works, a Philadelphia Museum of Art free digital publication ... Another characteristic of El Greco's mature style is the use of light. As Jonathan Brown notes, "each figure seems to carry its ... The Burlington Magazine Publications, Ltd. 108 (759): 307-310. JSTOR 874984.. *. Bray, Xavier (2004). El Greco. National ... The Burlington Magazine Publications, Ltd. 70 (406): 34, 38-39. ISSN 0951-0788. JSTOR 866725. OCLC 481224103.. ...
Jewish Publication Society. Citation: God had fashioned his (Adam's) soul with particular care. She is the image of God, and as ... The soul acts as a link between the material body and the spiritual self, and therefore shares some characteristics of both. ... while nafs designates one's disposition or characteristics. In Islamic philosophy, the immortal rūḥ "drives" the mortal ...
Giant current ripples
At the same time, galena, which is very characteristic of the moraines of the Tetio and the Aktru Valleys, is not found in the ... After Pardee's publication in 1942, giant current ripples have been found practically everywhere on the territory of the ... J. Pardee gave brief characteristics to the forms found by him already in the early 20th century while researching the Late ... Here is a brief description of main characteristics of this relief and its sediments at the key, today most often visited, ...
Occupational health psychology
579-605). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. *^ a b Schill, A. L., & Chosewood, L. C. (2013). The NIOSH Total Worker Health ... Siegrist, J., & Peter, R. (1994). Job stressors and coping characteristics in work-related disease: Issues of validity. Work & ... 169-229). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.  *^ Day, A.L, & Catano, V.M. (2006) Screening and selecting out violent ... 549-577). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. *^ Schat, A.C.H., & Kelloway, E.K. (2006). Training as a workplace aggression ...
The decline of publications in cold fusion has been described as a "failed information epidemic".[text 11] The sudden surge of ... has been described as a characteristic of pathological science.[text 12][notes 4] The lack of a shared set of unifying concepts ... Publications. The ISI identified cold fusion as the scientific topic with the largest number of published papers in 1989, of ... The internet has also become a major means of communication and self-publication for CF researchers. ...
Wat Phra Dhammakaya
Nevertheless, the temple's Buddha images are made following the traditional thirty-two characteristics of a Great Man, ... Publications from Wat Phra Dhammakaya describe that Dhammakaya meditation was used during the Second World War to prevent ...
Ball, Catherine, 2004, Animal Motifs in Asian Art, Courier Dover Publications, ISBN 0-486-43338-2. ... and certain characteristics of the vertebrae. The animals singled out by these formulations, the amniotes other than the ...
Wood, E.M. (1983) Reef corals of the world: biology and field guide. T.F.H. Publications, New Jersey, USA. ... Distinguishing characteristics. Fire corals have a bright yellow-green and brown skeletal covering and are widely ... Fire corals are colonial marine organisms that exhibit physical characteristics similar to that of coral. The name coral is ...
Sex reassignment surgery
The enhancement of sexual satisfaction was positively related to the satisfaction of new primary sex characteristics. Before ... imprint of East Street Publications). ISBN 1-9210370-7-5 ISBN 9-780975-114544 ... by which a transgender person's physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to ... ", "through", or "change", and "sexual", pertaining to the sexual characteristics-but not necessarily sexual actions-of a ...
Publications such as The Guardian in 2006 have criticized earlier versions of Lotus Notes for having an "unintuitive [user] ... This is because these are views, and their membership indexes are maintained according to characteristics of the documents ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 00241763 - Characteristics of healthy work organizations.
... at a northeastern United States manufacturing company completed a questionnaire to report on demographic characteristics and to ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 10010476 - Structural-environmental Characteristics of Tailings Ponds.
Ground-water pollution in one portion of the Coeur dAlene Mining District results from leaching of old jig tailings that are intermixed with the upper part of a sand and gravel aquifer. High concentrations of zinc, lead, and cadmium occur in ground water and soil samples taken from the portion of the sand and gravel aquifer containing the old jig tailings. Analysis of water samples from a taili
Increasing the dynamic range of a pulse oximeter using heart rate characteristics - IEEE Conference Publication
Test Circuit for Study of CMOS Process Variation by Measurement of Analog Characteristics - IEEE Conference Publication
Publication Characteristics and Treatment Effect Estimates | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians
Association Between Publication Characteristics and Treatment Effect Estimates: A Meta-epidemiologic Study Agnes Dechartres, MD ... Trial characteristics were extracted by original review authors. A single reviewer assessed publication status and language, ... Dechartres A, Atal I, Riveros C, Meerpohl J, Ravaud P. Association Between Publication Characteristics and Treatment Effect ...
Characteristics and requirements of robotic manipulators for space operations | (1992) | Andary | Publications | Spie
Evaluation for EAPSM life time by ArF pellicle characteristic | (2009) | Seo | Publications | Spie
Evaluation for EAPSM life time by ArF pellicle characteristic Author(s): Kang Joon Seo; Ji Sun Ryu; Goo Min Jeong; Shin Cheol ... In this study, related with ArF EAPSM life time, we tried to evaluate the influence of ArF pellicle characteristic consisting ... thin organic pellicle membrane characteristics, and we have verified that the ArF pellicle durability is one of the most ...
Fluidigm | Publication | Clinical Characteristics of Ovarian Cancer Classified by BRCA1, BRCA2, and RAD51C Status
Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Publications & Products: Jail inmate characteristics
Home , Publications & Products: Corrections , Local jail inmates and jail facilities , Jail inmate characteristics ... Correctional Populations in the United States, 1993 This annual publication reports on the growing number of persons in the ... Correctional Populations in the United States, 1994 This annual publication presents data for 1994 on the growing number of ... Correctional Populations in the United States, 1993 (Executive Summary) This annual publication reports on the growing number ...
Non-linear compact model for FinFETs output characteristics - researchr publication
Non-linear compact model for FinFETs output characteristics. Umer F. Ahmed, Muhammad Mansoor Ahmed, Qamar D. Memon. Non-linear ... Sign up for an account to create a profile with publication list, tag and review your related work, and share bibliographies ... Researchr is a web site for finding, collecting, sharing, and reviewing scientific publications, for researchers by researchers ... compact model for FinFETs output characteristics. IET Circuits, Devices & Systems, 13(8):1249-1254, 2019. [doi] ...
Model Driven Automation Engineering - Characteristics and Challenges - researchr publication related
Possibly Related Publications. The following publications are possibly variants of this publication: *Enhanced Automation for ... Model Driven Automation Engineering - Characteristics and Challenges. In Holger Giese, Michaela Huhn, Ulrich Nickel, Bernhard ... Model Driven Automation Engineering - Characteristics and Challenges. Michael Schlereth, Sebastian Rose, Andy Schürr. ... Sign up for an account to create a profile with publication list, tag and review your related work, and share bibliographies ...
Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Publications & Products: Local jail facility characteristics
Home , Publications & Products: Corrections , Local jail inmates and jail facilities , Local jail facility characteristics ... Estimated percentages of local jail inmates by selected characteristics and ratio estimates, 2008 Table 14 from Jail Inmates at ... characteristics of adult AIAN inmates, and comparisons to all other races and Hispanic origin. Part of the American Indians and ... inmate demographic characteristics and conviction status, admissions, jail capacity, and inmate turnover rates. Part of the ...
Characteristics and publication fate of unregistered and retrospectively registered clinical trials submitted to The BMJ over 4...
Characteristics and publication fate of unregistered and retrospectively registered clinical trials submitted to The BMJ over 4 ... Characteristics and publication fate of unregistered and retrospectively registered clinical trials submitted to The BMJ over 4 ... Objectives We sought to evaluate the characteristics and publication fate of improperly registered clinical trials submitted to ... Publication and reporting of clinical trial results: cross sectional analysis across academic medical centers. BMJ 2016;352: ...
Sampling biological characteristics of krill: Effect of heterogeneous nature of swarms - Publication - British Antarctic Survey
BAS , Data , Explore polar data , Our publications , Sampling biological characteristics of krill: Effect of heterogeneous ... Publication status:. Published. Author(s):. Authors: Watkins, Jonathan L., Morris, D. J., Ricketts, C., Murray, A. W. A.. On ... Research papers (Publication type). You may also like. Krill population dynamics at South Georgia: implications for ecosystem- ... Sampling biological characteristics of krill: Effect of heterogeneous nature of swarms. An effect of the very patchy ...
Autocorrelation characteristics of the surface ocean pCO2 and air-sea CO2 fluxes - Publication - British Antarctic Survey
BAS , Data , Explore polar data , Our publications , Autocorrelation characteristics of the surface ocean pCO2 and air-sea CO2 ... Publication status:. Published. Author(s):. Authors: Jones, S.D., Le Quere, C., Rödenbeck, C.. Date:. 1 January, 2012. Journal/ ... Research papers (Publication type). You may also like. Unsupervised clustering of Southern Ocean Argo float temperature ... Autocorrelation characteristics of the surface ocean pCO2 and air-sea CO2 fluxes. Understanding the variability and coherence ...
EEG CHARACTERISTICS OF EMERGENCE FROM PROPOFOL/SUFENTANIL TOTAL INTRAVENOUS ANESTHESIA | Anesthesiology | ASA Publications
EEG CHARACTERISTICS OF EMERGENCE FROM PROPOFOL/SUFENTANIL TOTAL INTRAVENOUS ANESTHESIA You will receive an email whenever this ... EEG CHARACTERISTICS OF EMERGENCE FROM PROPOFOL/SUFENTANIL TOTAL INTRAVENOUS ANESTHESIA. Anesthesiology 9 1991, Vol.75, A184. ... ASA members enjoy complimentary access to ASA publications, as well as a variety of educational resources. Join today! ... Han S. Traast, Cor J. Kalkman; EEG CHARACTERISTICS OF EMERGENCE FROM PROPOFOL/SUFENTANIL TOTAL INTRAVENOUS ANESTHESIA. ...
Perioperative Risk:How Can We Study the Influence of Provider Characteristics? | Anesthesiology | ASA Publications
Perioperative Risk: How Can We Study the Influence of Provider Characteristics? Lee A. Fleisher, M.D.; Gerard F. Anderson, Ph.D ... Hartz AJ, Krakauer H, Kuhn EM, Young M, Jacobsen SJ, Gay G, Muenz L, Katzoff M, Bailey RC, Rimm AA: Hospital characteristics ... In this issue of Anesthesiology, Silber et al. 1 have continued their inquiries into hospital and provider characteristics for ... Perioperative Risk: How Can We Study the Influence of Provider Characteristics?. Anesthesiology 5 2002, Vol.96, 1039-1041. doi: ...
8. J. J. Bevelacqua, Decay characteristics of neutron excess iron nuclei - Physics Essays Publication
Published by Physics Essays Publication through Cenveo Publisher Services. Copyright © 2020 Physics Essays Publication ...
e-cigre > Publication > Choice of Electrical Characteristics of Pump-Turbine Installations. Observations during Studies and...
Common characteristics of improvisational approaches in music therapy for children with autism spectrum disorder: Developing...
Common characteristics of improvisational approaches in music therapy for children with autism spectrum disorder: Developing ... Publication Format. Journal Article Scientific Validity. Peer-Reviewed, Guidelines, Focus Group Keywords. Autism, Child/ ... Please note that we are unable to supply publications unless we are listed as the publisher. However, if you are a UK resident ... Common characteristics of improvisational approaches in music therapy for children with autism spectrum disorder: Developing ...
Estimating Design-Flood Discharges for Streams in Iowa Using Drainage-Basin and Channel-Geometry Characteristics, HR-322, 1993 ...
Iowa Heritage Digital Collections ▪ Iowa Publications Online Contact Webmaster ▪ Policies ▪ State of Iowa ... Channel-geometry characteristics were measured on site and on topographic maps. Statewide and regional channel-geometry ... Drainage-basin characteristics were quantified using a geographic-information-system (GIS) procedure to process topographic ... Estimating Design-Flood Discharges for Streams in Iowa Using Drainage-Basin and Channel-Geometry Characteristics, HR-322, 1993 ...
Oedema extension distance in intracerebral haemorrhage: Association with baseline characteristics and long-term outcome -...
The author(s) disclosed receipt of the following financial support for the research, authorship, and/or publication of this ... Using linear regression, we tested for associations between baseline characteristics and oedema extension distance at 72 h. ... Oedema extension distance in intracerebral haemorrhage: Association with baseline characteristics and long-term outcome ... Association with baseline characteristics and long-term outcome. European Stroke Journal, 4(3), pp. 263-270. (doi: 10.1177/ ...
Corn (Zea Mays L.) Plant Characteristics and Grain Yield Response to N Fertilization Programs in No-Tillage System | Science...
... on corn plant characteristics and grain yield under rain-fed and low corn yield environment. Plant characteristics included the ... Strong correlations were observed among corn plant characteristics and between plant NDVI at V8 and R1 stages and grain yields ... Conclusion: These results indicate that N application timing was not important factor to affect corn plant characteristics and ... while N application timing had no effect on measured canopy characteristics. Grain yield increased from 2.2-3.8 Mg ha−1 as N ...
e-cigré > Publication > Report on the answers to the questionnaire on the characteristics and performances of the turbine speed...
The prevalence, characteristics, and impact of head injury in female prisoners: a systematic PRISMA review - Enlighten:...
Date of first online publication:. 28 August 2019. Date Deposited:. 27 August 2019. ... McGinley, A. and McMillan, T. (2019) The prevalence, characteristics, and impact of head injury in female prisoners: a ... The prevalence, characteristics, and impact of head injury in female prisoners: a systematic PRISMA review ... This systematic review considers prevalence and characteristics of females prisoners with HI, with a view towards improving ...
Characteristics of a wing-like sandstone intrusion, Volund Field | Geological Society, London, Special Publications
Geological Society of London Publications. *Engineering Geology Special Publications. *Geochemistry: Exploration, Environment, ... Geological Society of London Publications*Engineering Geology Special Publications. *Geochemistry: Exploration, Environment, ... Characteristics of a wing-like sandstone intrusion, Volund Field. View ORCID ProfileNicholas Satur, View ORCID ProfileAndrew ... Characteristics of a wing-like sandstone intrusion, Volund Field. Nicholas Satur, Andrew Hurst, Asgeir Bang, Ivar Skjærpe and ...
Experiment for measuring the between-bales variability for each fibre technological characteristic ALONG THE GINNING SEASON -...
Food shopping transition: socio-economic characteristics and motivations associated with use of supermarkets in a North African...
Toutes les publications. *Auteurs. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z ... Food shopping transition: socio-economic characteristics and motivations associated with use of supermarkets in a North African ... to examine the socio-economic characteristics and motivations of shoppers using different retail formats (large supermarkets ( ...
Platinum response characteristics of patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and a germline BRCA1, BRCA2 or PALB2...
Consent for publication. No identifying patient information was included in this article. ... Platinum response characteristics of patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and a germline BRCA1, BRCA2 or PALB2 ... Overall survival and clinical characteristics of pancreatic cancer in BRCA mutation carriers. Br. J. Cancer 111, 1132-1138 ( ... Wattenberg, M.M., Asch, D., Yu, S. et al. Platinum response characteristics of patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma ...
Initial coping responses and psychosocial characteristics of children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. - PubMed - NCBI
Publication type, MeSH terms, Grant support. Publication type. *Research Support, U.S. Govt, P.H.S. ... Initial coping responses and psychosocial characteristics of children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.. Kovacs M, ... and there was no characteristic preexisting "diabetic personality." The initial strain of living with IDDM elicited two general ...
SearchPrevalenceOutcomesDemographicInvestigatesAbstractBaselineVariabilitySocioeconomicElectrical CharacteristicsCohortTypeIncidencePapers1996PerformancesSoilObservationalSystematic reviewEstimates2000ResearchTypesRelationTemperatureOlder AdultsPopulationAssociationsOutcomeArticleScientificResponsesContentFindingsUSGSStudyArticlesFrequencySpecies1994VolatileBehaviorClinical trialsPhysicalMEDLINE
- However, you can search our publications by key words. (imperial.ac.uk)
- Using an extended version of Phase 1 from the Cochrane search strategy (see box 1), 6 we identified primary publications of randomised trials published in December 2000 and included in PubMed by August 2002. (bmj.com)
- We identified extra journal publications for these trials through a survey of contact authors, as well as literature searches of PubMed, Embase, the Cochrane Controlled Trials Register, and PsychINFO using investigator names and keywords (final search January 2003). (bmj.com)
- A fast two-stage scheme for the search of the motion vectors under varying interframe brightness characteristics, referred to as enhanced motion vectors, is devised. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- This systematic review considers prevalence and characteristics of females prisoners with HI, with a view towards improving understanding of service needs. (gla.ac.uk)
- The extent of life stress and the prevalence of psychiatric disorders that predated the IDDM were within normative ranges, and there was no characteristic preexisting "diabetic personality. (nih.gov)
- The aims of this study were to evaluate the prevalence, risk factors, clinical, biochemical and virological characteristics of chronic HCV infection in predialysis patients. (karger.com)
- Objectives We sought to evaluate the characteristics and publication fate of improperly registered clinical trials submitted to a medical journal ( The BMJ ) over a 4-year period to identify common types of registration issues and their relation to publication outcomes. (bmj.com)
- This study provides the first comprehensive look at registration issues and publication outcomes among research papers submitted to a high-impact medical journal. (bmj.com)
- Investigators of social differentials in health outcomes commonly augment incomplete micro data by appending socioeconomic characteristics of residential areas (such as median income in a zip code) to proxy for individual characteristics. (nber.org)
- Results 519 trials with 553 publications and 10 557 outcomes were identified. (bmj.com)
- Survey responders (response rate 69%) provided information on unreported outcomes but were often unreliable-for 32% of those who denied the existence of such outcomes there was evidence to the contrary in their publications. (bmj.com)
- 1 2 Even when outcomes are presented in journal publications, they may be reported with inadequate detail. (bmj.com)
- For each trial, we reviewed the primary and any subsequent publications to extract the number and characteristics of reported outcomes (including statistical significance, level of reporting, and specification as primary, secondary, or unspecified according to the text). (bmj.com)
- We identified unreported outcomes if they were described in the methods section but not the results section of any publication. (bmj.com)
- More than 7,000 workers at a northeastern United States manufacturing company completed a questionnaire to report on demographic characteristics and to rate perceived stress and coping, management practices, teamwork, organizational culture, the work environment, and their perceived job performance and effectiveness. (cdc.gov)
- Jail Inmates in 2017 Presents data on inmates confined in local jails from 2005 to 2017, including population counts and incarceration rates, inmate demographic characteristics and conviction status, admissions, jail capacity, and inmate turnover rates. (bjs.gov)
- Jail Inmates in 2016 Presents data on inmates confined in local jails between 2000 and 2016, including population counts and incarceration rates, inmate demographic characteristics and conviction status, average daily population, rated capacity of local jails and percent of capacity occupied, and turnover rates by jurisdiction size. (bjs.gov)
- The demographic characteristics of different regions in the former Soviet Union influence the nature of poverty in the newly successor independent states of the FSU. (imf.org)
- This study investigates the sensory characteristics and consumer acceptance of sausages with 10% (w/w) fat and added rye or wheat bran. (ku.dk)
- This study investigates the product yields and the solid product characteristics from corncob waste torrefaction at the temperatures of 250 °C and 300 °C for 1 h. (mdpi.com)
- The following abstract describes a publication that is only available as a downloadable PDF. (missouri.edu)
- Using linear regression, we tested for associations between baseline characteristics and oedema extension distance at 72 h. (gla.ac.uk)
- S Estimate does not meet publication standards because of highly sampling variability or poor response quality. (bts.gov)
- On The Validity Of Using Census Geocode Characteristics To Proxy Individual Socioeconomic Characteristics," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 1996, v91(434,Jun), 529-537. (nber.org)
- Although juvenile delinquents share a number of common general characteristics (e.g., sex, minority, lower socioeconomic status, a history of school failure), they are not a homogeneous group. (unt.edu)
- Choice of Electrical Characteristics of Pump-Turbine Installations. (e-cigre.org)
- Method A non-experimental design was used to explore the characteristics of 10 150 nurse leaders using the 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008 National Sample Surveys of Registered Nurses. (wiley.com)
- Users of pumps design their pumping installation by focusing on the characteristic curves ―performances‖ that will be provided by the manufacturer and determined during pumping tests, and this is before being put into exploitation. (issuu.com)
- A field study was conducted to investigate tree species diversity and determine spatial and temporal soil characteristics along an urban-to-rural gradient. (usda.gov)
- The SMEX03 Ancillary Soil Characteristics data set contains data for the regional study areas of Alabama, Georgia, and Oklahoma, USA as part of the 2003 Soil Moisture Experiment (SMEX03). (nsidc.org)
- The original data were extracted from a multi-layer soil characteristics database for the conterminous United States and generated using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcMap software for each regional study area. (nsidc.org)
- Neither study topic nor study design were significantly associated with acceptance to AJO-DO or publication elsewhere except among rejected observational studies, where it was found that cross-sectional studies were most likely to be published elsewhere, and case series had the least success (p=0.002). (washington.edu)
- Using a structured observational schedule, researchers recorded characteristics of the bar environment and rated customer intoxication levels. (mdpi.com)
- This meta-epidemiological study will explore, for the first time, characteristics of PROSPERO records that may be associated with the publication of a completed systematic review. (biomedcentral.com)
- American Indian and Alaska Natives in Local Jails, 1999-2014 Describes the population of American Indian and Alaska Natives (AIAN) held in local jails, including national and state level estimates, characteristics of adult AIAN inmates, and comparisons to all other races and Hispanic origin. (bjs.gov)
- Prospective registration of clinical trials is an important safeguard against selective reporting and non-publication of research. (bmj.com)
- The author(s) disclosed receipt of the following financial support for the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article: RH is supported by an Association of British Neurologists' Clinical Research Training fellowship. (gla.ac.uk)
- Aim Describe the nurse leader workforce in hospitals in the USA over time by exploring three research questions: (1) What are the characteristics of the nurse leader workforce in US hospitals? (wiley.com)
- While research results might be submitted directly to regulatory agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), physicians and policy makers generally depend on peer reviewed publications to learn about findings from clinical trials. (bmj.com)
- Understanding the patterns of publication of research findings among publicly funded research, as opposed to industry funded research, is important because of the funding and the expectation for public benefit. (bmj.com)
- The TRB Transit Cooperative Research Program's pre-publication of TCRP Research Report 218: Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation compiles the best practices used in non-punitive employee safety reporting systems at transit agencies. (nap.edu)
- In an ongoing effort to be fiscally responsible, the Southern Research Station (SRS) will no longer produce and distribute hard copies of our publications. (usda.gov)
- Epidemiology and the reporting characteristics of systematic reviews (SRs) have been previously described by a research group using a cross-sectional random sample of 300 published reviews at two different points in time: in 2004, by Moher et al. (biomedcentral.com)
- This research compared the force frequency characteristics of eccentric and concentric exercises in individuals with and without Achilles tendinopathy. (edu.au)
- Estimating the junction temperature and its dynamic behavior in dependence of various operating conditions is an important issue, since these properties influence the optical characteristics as well as the aging processes of a light-emitting diode (LED). (joanneum.at)
- The solid product characteristics approach those of coal at the higher temperature, regardless of what the carrier gases are. (mdpi.com)
- Understanding the characteristics of older adults in APUs is necessary to determine the range of inpatient services required for this population. (ices.on.ca)
- They compared the characteristics of older adults (aged 66 years and older) in APUs to those of younger adults (aged 18 to 65 years), including sociodemographics, psychiatric and medical diagnoses, and measures of cognition and functioning. (ices.on.ca)
- Here, we analyse the number of samples required to estimate the characteristics of a local population as precisely as if there were no differences between krill swarms in terms of their biological composition. (bas.ac.uk)
- Preventive Care Quality of Medicare Accountable Care Organizations: Associations of Organizational Characteristics with Performance," Medical Care, March 2016 54(3):326-35. (commonwealthfund.org)
- All physical bar characteristics showed associations with intoxication before interactions between them were controlled for. (mdpi.com)
- Main outcome measures Publication and time to publication in the biomedical literature, as determined through Medline searches, the last of which was performed in June 2011. (bmj.com)
- 3 Outcome reporting bias refers to the selective reporting of some results but not others in trial publications. (bmj.com)
- There are many possible reasons behind the delayed or non-publication of results from clinical trials, including lack of incentive to disseminate negative or unsupportive findings, time constraints, limited resources, changing interests, or even failure to have an article accepted by a journal. (bmj.com)
- Authors contributing to RSC publications (journal articles, books or book chapters) do not need to formally request permission to reproduce material contained in this article provided that the correct acknowledgement is given with the reproduced material. (rsc.org)
- If you are the author of this article you do not need to formally request permission to reproduce figures, diagrams etc. contained in this article in third party publications or in a thesis or dissertation provided that the correct acknowledgement is given with the reproduced material. (rsc.org)
- If you are the author of this article you still need to obtain permission to reproduce the whole article in a third party publication with the exception of reproduction of the whole article in a thesis or dissertation. (rsc.org)
- https://jslhr.pubs.asha.org/article.aspx?articleid=1780862 Derivation of Frequency-Gain Characteristics for Maximizing Speech Reception in Noise Hearing aid gain-assignment schemes known as "prescriptions" were not designed for fitting hearing aids that modify their frequency responses to reduce background noise interference. (asha.org)
- Scientific reports, journal articles, or general interest publications by USGS scientists in the Texas Water Science Center are listed below. (usgs.gov)
- Despite this, there is very little scientific information about the specific pain characteristics of ME/CFS patients: What kind of pain is it? (meresearch.org.uk)
- Initial coping responses and psychosocial characteristics of children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. (nih.gov)
- This study aims to investigate whether pain responses in older individuals are associated with prefrontal characteristics, namely (i) executive functioning performance and (ii) structural brain variations in the prefrontal cortex. (rug.nl)
- Plant characteristics included the measurement of plant height, ear height, relative chlorophyll content (SPAD) and normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI). (thescipub.com)
- The presence of statistically significant findings was shown to be significantly associated with acceptance to AJO-DO (p=0.013) but not with publication elsewhere (p=0.77). (washington.edu)
- Manuscripts rejected for poor study design had the least success in subsequent publication, while those rejected as inappropriate for the AJO-DO had the highest rate of publication elsewhere. (washington.edu)
- This study was to determine the effects of two N application timing (planting and split application at planting and V6 corn growth stage) and five N rates (0, 45, 90, 135 and 180 kg N ha −1 ) on corn plant characteristics and grain yield under rain-fed and low corn yield environment. (thescipub.com)
- In this study, we examined the effects of perturbations in cholesterol/caveolin-1 (CAV-1)/caveolae homeostasis on the membrane properties and adhesive characteristics of MSCs. (springer.com)
- This study concentrated on the ultrastructural characteristics of hardwood ftacture surfaces, but it included southern yellow pine as a representative softwood for comparison. (usda.gov)
- This study identified and compared characteristics in the career progression of African-American college presidents of institutions in the continental United States. (unt.edu)
- The study was concerned with personal, educational and professional characteristics of these senior level administrators. (unt.edu)
- 3 ]. In both cases, several characteristics of the published reviews were analyzed, taking into account the potential differences between Cochrane and non-Cochrane reviews, focus of study (therapeutic, diagnosis, epidemiology, other), self-reported use of Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses (PRISMA), and differences in SR features between 2004 and 2014. (biomedcentral.com)
- The aims of this study were to (1) investigate the pain experiences of people with CFS with a range of disability, and (2) identify specific pain characteristics of people with CFS. (meresearch.org.uk)
- Of the 440 original articles submitted to the AJO-DO in 2008, 113 (25.9%) were accepted for publication while 323 (74.1%) were rejected. (washington.edu)
- Of the rejected articles, 137 were subsequently published in 58 different journals with an average time to publication of 22.2 months (sd=10.9) after rejection from AJO-DO. (washington.edu)
- An inverse relationship was seen for publication of rejected articles in other journals, where countries with the least publishing success with AJO-DO had the highest rate of publication elsewhere. (washington.edu)
- The significant characteristics identified for the drainage-basin equations included contributing drainage area, relative relief, drainage frequency, and 2-year, 24-hour precipitation intensity. (iowa.gov)
- The GIS procedure expanded the capability to quantitatively relate drainage-basin characteristics to the magnitude and frequency of floods for stream sites in Iowa and provides a flood-estimation method that is independent of hydrologic regionalization. (iowa.gov)
- Even though prescriptions do not apply to noisy conditions specifically, they embody the trade between maximizing speech audibility and maintaining loudness comfort that is critical to frequency-gain characteristic selection independent of whether noise is present or absent. (asha.org)
- In noise, maximizing the Al required frequency-gain characteristics that were substantially different from prescription-assigned characteristics and that were unique to each noise/audiogram combination. (asha.org)
- The MAX Al scheme with the new loudness control was extended to specify frequency-gain characteristics expected to be optimal for several conditions containing noise, and examples are presented. (asha.org)
- Achilles tendinopathy modulates force frequency characteristics of ecc" by Nicole Grigg, Scott Wearing et al. (edu.au)
- There were no significant differences between limbs in the force frequency characteristics of concentric exercise. (edu.au)
- Bragg's observations are not only the sole comparative assessment of advertisement call characteristics of L. areolatus in the primary literature, but also represent the only assessment of the advertisement calls of any of the four species comprising the subgenus Nenirana , which consists of threatened and endangered Gopher Frogs ( L. capito and L. sevosus ) and Pickerel Frogs ( L. palustris ). (bioone.org)
- The I - V switching curves of bipolar switching non-volatile ReRAM devices show peculiar characteristics, such as an abrupt ON switching and the existence of a universal switching voltage. (rsc.org)
- Input and output characteristics of collision avoidance behavior in the frog Rana catesbeiana. (nih.gov)
- Input and output characteristics of collision avoidance behavior in the bullfrog were examined using computer graphics to model a looming stimulus. (nih.gov)
- This phenomenon can be obtained only through measurement: loss of efficiency that can have repercussions for the characteristics of functioning as well as the mechanical behavior. (issuu.com)
- Objective To review patterns of publication of clinical trials funded by US National Institutes of Health (NIH) in peer reviewed biomedical journals indexed by Medline. (bmj.com)
- Setting Clinical trials funded by NIH and registered within ClinicalTrials.gov ( clinicaltrials.gov ), a trial registry and results database maintained by the US National Library of Medicine, after 30 September 2005 and updated as having been completed by 31 December 2008, allowing at least 30 months for publication after completion of the trial. (bmj.com)
- Conditional logistic regression was used to estimate odds ratios for each cancer by serum 25(OH)D concentration, comparing the relative effects of successively adding body mass index, physical activity, and other health and lifestyle characteristics particular to each cancer. (healthpartners.com)