Prostheses and Implants
Artificial substitutes for body parts, and materials inserted into tissue for functional, cosmetic, or therapeutic purposes. Prostheses can be functional, as in the case of artificial arms and legs, or cosmetic, as in the case of an artificial eye. Implants, all surgically inserted or grafted into the body, tend to be used therapeutically. IMPLANTS, EXPERIMENTAL is available for those used experimentally.
Heart Valve Prosthesis
An artificial replacement for one or more natural teeth or part of a tooth, or associated structures, ranging from a portion of a tooth to a complete denture. The dental prosthesis is used for cosmetic or functional reasons, or both. DENTURES and specific types of dentures are also available. (From Boucher's Clinical Dental Terminology, 4th ed, p244 & Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p643)
Dental Prosthesis, Implant-Supported
Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
Blood Vessel Prosthesis
A device, activated electronically or by expired pulmonary air, which simulates laryngeal activity and enables a laryngectomized person to speak. Examples of the pneumatic mechanical device are the Tokyo and Van Hunen artificial larynges. Electronic devices include the Western Electric electrolarynx, Tait oral vibrator, Cooper-Rand electrolarynx and the Ticchioni pipe.
A ready-made or custom-made prosthesis of glass or plastic shaped and colored to resemble the anterior portion of a normal eye and used for cosmetic reasons. It is attached to the anterior portion of an orbital implant (ORBITAL IMPLANTS) which is placed in the socket of an enucleated or eviscerated eye. (From Dorland, 28th ed)
Denture, Partial, Fixed
Dental Prosthesis Design
Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
Fiber Optic Technology
Mental processing of chromatic signals (COLOR VISION) from the eye by the VISUAL CORTEX where they are converted into symbolic representations. Color perception involves numerous neurons, and is influenced not only by the distribution of wavelengths from the viewed object, but also by its background color and brightness contrast at its boundary.
Biography as Topic
A method of predicting color stability of autopolymerizing acrylic resins using electron spin resonance. (1/59)Synopsis. Long periods can be required to determine the color stability of acrylic resins. The concentration of propagating radicals with unpigmented experimental resins (UER) and initiator solution (IS) of two initiator systems (binary and ternary) and five products were measured using electron spin resonance (ESR). The radical concentration was estimated from the area under the integrated ESR spectrum. The discoloration was measured using a color computer. Higher content of benzoylperoxide led to higher radical concentrations. The radical concentration for the ternary system increased slightly with time, but were lower than those of the binary system. Significant positive correlations were found between the radical concentration and delta E*ab for UER (r = 0.900, p < 0.01), IS (r = 0.953, p < 0.001) and the products (r = 0.808, p < 0.05). It was suggested that the color stability of these resins was predictable by measuring the radical concentration using ESR. (+info)
A method for evaluating color stability of light-cured composite resins using an experimental filter. (2/59)The purpose of this study was to investigate a method for evaluating color stability of light-cured composite resins using an experimental filter that simulates human enamel. The light transmission coefficients and their spectral distributions from 400 to 600 nm of twelve enamel specimens were measured. The experimental filter was designed so that its light transmittance characteristics were similar to those of enamel. Color stability tests for ten shades of two light-cured composite resins, which were irradiated directly and indirectly through the experimental filter with a light source, were performed. Despite different irradiation procedures, most materials exhibited significant color changes in the color stability test. Although the differences were small, the group of specimens irradiated indirectly through the filter showed significantly higher color differences in comparison with those irradiated directly. Our results indicate that the light attenuating effect of enamel affects the color stability of light-cured composite resins. (+info)
Gingival prostheses--a review. (3/59)Gingival replacement is often a component of comprehensive prosthodontics. Gingival prostheses may be fixed or removable and may be made from acrylics, composite resins, silicones or porcelain-based materials. Undercuts or dental attachments are used to secure removable prostheses, which are esthetically pleasing and easy to maintain. This paper describes several clinical situations in which gingival prostheses were used effectively. (+info)
Zirconia and alumina ceramics in comparison with stainless-steel heads. Polyethylene wear after a minimum ten-year follow-up. (4/59)Although alumina has been used in orthopaedic surgery since the 1970s, the long-term clinical results of zirconia have not been well documented in vivo. We studied hips with these two different ceramics during the same period and with a minimum follow-up of ten years. Because the size of the alumina and zirconia heads was different, hips with 32 mm alumina heads and those with 28 mm zirconia heads were compared with control hips with stainless-steel heads of the same size. Our aim was to compare the two ceramics. There was an increased linear rate of penetration of the femoral heads into the liner between years five and 12 for the zirconia and the stainless-steel groups. This was severe in the zirconia group (0.4 mm/year compared with 0.13 mm/year for the stainless-steel group). During the same 12-year period there was, however, no significant change in the rate of wear in the alumina group (0.07 mm/year). The mean wear at the most recent follow-up was 1360 mm3 for the 28 mm zirconia group, 683 mm3 for the 28 mm stainless-steel group, 755 mm3 for the 32 mm alumina group and 1314 mm3 for the 32 mm stainless-steel group. The monoclinic content rose on the surface of three zirconia heads which were retrieved at revision. This change was associated with an increase in the surface roughness. A change in the roundness with an increase in the sphericity deviation was also observed both in the articular and non-articular parts of the femoral heads. The increase in rate of wear in the zirconia group was only evident after eight years and may be linked to a long-term biodegradation of zirconia in vivo, associated with the altered roughness and roundness which was observed on the retrieved heads. (+info)
Color change in acrylic denture base resin reinforced with wire mesh and glass cloth. (5/59)In this study, the L*a*b* color system as a color system and light transmittance of the denture base resin reinforced with wire mesh and glass cloth were measured, and the color difference (deltaE*ab) was calculated using L*, a* and b* values which were measured both on a white calibration plate and on a null background. The thicknesses of test specimens, which were reinforced with wire mesh and glass cloth 0.5 and 1.0 mm below the surface, were 3 and 5 mm. L*, a* and b* values of wire mesh reinforcing specimens decreased in comparison with the non-reinforcing specimens (p<0.05). L* values of glass cloth-reinforcing specimens increased compared with the non-reinforcing specimens (p<0.05). The glass cloth is an effective reinforcing material and an aesthetically important property of denture base resin, since wire mesh makes the resin appear darker with the background condition greatly altering the color, while glass cloth makes the resin lighter. (+info)
Optical and color stabilities of paint-on resins for shade modification of restorative resins. (6/59)The purpose of this study was to examine the optical and color stabilities of the paint-on resin used for shade modification of restorative resins. Three shades of paint-on resin and two crown and bridge resins were used. The light transmittance characteristics of the materials during accelerated aging tests such as water immersion, toothbrush abrasion, ultraviolet (UV) light irradiation, and staining tests were measured. Discolorations of materials resulting from tests were also determined. There were no significant effects of water immersion, toothbrush abrasion and UV light irradiation on the light transmittance and visible color change of paint-on resins, whereas the staining tests significantly decreased the light transmittance and increased color change of the translucent shades of materials. Our results indicate that the paint-on resins exhibit stable optical properties and color appearance, which are at least as good as the crown and bridge resins. (+info)
Color stability of acrylic resin adhesives with different initiation modes. (7/59)The purpose of this study was to evaluate the color stability of two acrylic resin adhesives with different activation systems: a benzoyl peroxide (BPO)-amine redox system and a tri-n-butylborane (TBB) derivative system. The colorimetric values of the two resins in different shades (Clear and Ivory) were determined (n=5) 24 hours after polymerization as a baseline using the L*a*b* system of the Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage (CIE). The specimens were thereafter immersed in distilled water, and the color difference (deltaE*) values were calculated. After 24 weeks, the TBB-initiated material showed a significantly (p<0.05) lower color change than the BPO-amine-initiated material. The deltaE* values for the BPO-amine-initiated materials were 6.9 for Clear and 15.8 for Ivory, whereas those for the TBB-initiated materials were 1.3 and 1.8 respectively. Thus, it was concluded that the TBB-initiated material had superior color stability to that of the BPO-amine-initiated material. (+info)
Colorimetric analysis of silicone cosmetic prostheses for upper-limb amputees. (8/59)Every year the Italian National Insurance Institute of Accidents on Work (INAIL) Prosthesis Centre manufactures more than 300 silicone cosmetic upper-limb prostheses that are aesthetically similar to patients' missing limbs; however, the prostheses have the following drawbacks: subjectivity in color choice, high production costs, and long time frames for patient tests and prosthesis production. In an attempt to minimize these factors, we performed a study to test various systems that automatically detect the color of human skin. Such a system would allow us to reproduce a patient's exact skin color for silicone cosmetic prostheses. We analyzed the color identification systems available on the market and assessed the possibility of introducing such a system into the production cycle of the prostheses. We found that because of intrinsic factors of the materials, automatic color detection for prosthesis production is complex. Therefore, any of the systems we tested will require further development for full satisfaction of the needs of prostheses manufacturers. (+info)
2006 Census Technical Report: Coverage: Estimates of population coverage error
The Coverage technical report will present the coverage errors which occurred when persons or dwellings were missed by the 2006 Census or enumerated in error.
Buy Multi Color Glitter Eye Nail Pigment HOT NEW 12 PCS. DIFFERENT SHADES Online - Get 83% Off
Buy Multi Color Glitter Eye Nail Pigment HOT NEW 12 PCS. DIFFERENT SHADES online at a discounted price from ShopClues.com. Shop Nail Kit products @ Lowest Prices. Shop now! Enjoy Free Shipping & COD across India. EMI options available with Easy Return/Replacement Polices.
Different Shade of Wynter Pre-Order Available | Emmy R Bennett
Different Shade of Wynter Available now for Ebook pre-order on Amazon Release date September 5th, 2019 Eyes of Wynter Book 1 Available for a limited time at .99 on Kindle Available on Amazon
Different Shades of Blue - Scientific American
Scientific American is the essential guide to the most awe-inspiring advances in science and technology, explaining how they change our understanding of the world and shape our lives.
Different Shades of Green: Strange Days Indeed
Well, because, for the first 130 or so runs Pietersen was unusually patient, but also scratchy and, at times, hesitant. He gave the impression of a man whose determination to eschew risks and headstrong strokes was taking him away from form rather than towards it. Things only really changed after he passed 150 and he chased down his double with the assurance and haste of a man realising he is allowed to go back to doing what he is best at ...
One fruit with different shades of red: Tomato - Daily Sabah
Did you ever wonder why we consider tomatoes a vegetable even though its a fruit? The story dates back to 1887 when the United States imposed a tariff of...
If its about buying dental supplies, why call it Shadeguide? |...
If its about buying dental supplies - why call it Shadeguide?. I got this question the other day as at first glance the name can appear a little random.. Superficially they really dont have too much to do with each other.. Buy dig a bit deeper and you may agree, it makes perfect sense.. Where it all began. At the first meeting of the development team we knew what we wanted to create.. A simple, free, easy to use site that let you compare and buy from multiple dental suppliers instantly.. Is there anything in dentistry where you compare a range of choices? Richard asked.. And then select the appropriate match?. Yes, yes there is.. A shade guide.. A wide range of choices, often quite similar.. But with an ideal match to be found.. Bang on.. Shadeguide.com.au Over time we hope to expand the theme of shade guide with a shade based ranking system for products and service.. One day we even dream of the site looking like a shade guide itself.. So next time you run your eyes along the choices ...
Spectrophotometer India, Spectrophotometer Manufacturer, Spectrophotometer Suppliers and Spectrophotometer Exporters in India
Jaincolab is renowned Exporter and Manufacturer of Spectrophotometer, Spectrophotometer Suppliers, Spectrophotometer Manufacturers throughout the world to be used in Schools, College and Universities
Money? Time? Blood? What are Americans Giving? | news.sys-con.com
This Harris Poll was conducted online, in English, within the United States between July 16 and 21, 2014 among 2,306 adults (aged 18 and over). Figures for age, sex, race/ethnicity, education, region and household income were weighted where necessary to bring them into line with their actual proportions in the population. Propensity score weighting was also used to adjust for respondents propensity to be online.. All sample surveys and polls, whether or not they use probability sampling, are subject to multiple sources of error which are most often not possible to quantify or estimate, including sampling error, coverage error, error associated with nonresponse, error associated with question wording and response options, and post-survey weighting and adjustments. Therefore, The Harris Poll avoids the words margin of error as they are misleading. All that can be calculated are different possible sampling errors with different probabilities for pure, unweighted, random samples with 100% ...
Red genitalia study: Testing the sexually salient hypothesis
Thankfully, its not 50 shades of gray-at least, not until well after menopause-but the human vulva does come in different shades of pink. This color h ...
Essence Insta Perfect Liquid Make Up 20 30ml - Echo Link
Achieve a flawless, matt look with this Essence Insta Perfect Liquid Make-Up in Very Vanilla shade. It boasts a waterproof finish and, drop by drop, you can build the coverage to nail your look. There are various different shades available (sold separately), which can be mixed and matched to build the perfect colour for every skin type - making sure youre #instaperfect ...
FITNESS TEAM! - All Physical Activity & Sports | Sporting ASKickers | Kickas...
this summer at one of the many arts and crafts festivals, i bought a magnetic bracelet, mainly because it was made of picasso jasper, all different shades, very pretty. i figured it would be good to test out this magnet theory. the claims are that it can help a number of issues at the systemic level including inflammatory arthritis if it is worn near pulse points. i found that to be a stretch, but thought maybe it would help the joint it is near. i wear it on my right wrist, as it would interfere with my watch. it does nothing for me, not even my dq tendonitis or right ulnar wrist pain that it is near. nothing. does it work for others? no idea? but mine was supposed to be the double strength one, and it does nothing for me. but it is very pretty, all various shades of grey and tan and cream colored stone beads with silver beads in between; that is the main reason i bought it, would have even if it were not magnetic. but it did give me the opportunity to test the theory ...
Sun Bake No More: A Safer Alternative for a Beautiful Glow Using Sunless Tanner - USC Viterbi School of Engineering
When sunless tanning products originally hit the market, most were easily identified by the orange hue they produced on the skin. Improvements in the composition of sunless tanner formulas as well as purer forms of DHA have created a more natural appearance. Some common issues that still exist for sunless tanners are even applications, as well as the time it takes for a visible difference in skin color . Because the distribution of amino acids on the epidermis is irregular, it is often difficult to get an even coverage, leaving behind splotchy areas or different shades. Also, when the development process takes too long, the concentration of DHA decreases through contact with clothes and sweating. A patent for a new formula of sunless tanning claims that it provides a more uniform and quicker customized color through the addition of amphoglycinate together with DHA to enhance the effect of active ingredients [8 ...
10 themes from Cannes 2016 | Carat UK
Cannes is always a place to see innovative use of new platforms, and this year was no different. Paint brand Comex turned Google Streetview into a colour palate in Mexico by hijacking roads named after colours (Violet Street) and painting houses different shades. Verizon built a cell tower in Minecraft, and was able to offer real connectivity. Donate The Bars capitalised on vertical videos uploaded to YouTube by putting ads for good causes on the resulting black spaces. & in Cannes itself, Pinterest created a real world example of its boards, offering inspiration on where to eat and where to go.. ...
Composite Bonding - Braddock Dental
Tooth-colored bonding is a great way to correct irregularities and discrepancies in the teeth. Chipped edges or slight spaces between the teeth can often be corrected with very little drilling and in just one visit. The state-of-the-art resins used by Dr. Caligan bond directly to the tooth and blend seamlessly, making them look natural, like part of the tooth itself. Since everyones teeth are different shades and sizes, we carefully color-match and shape the bonding material for perfect results ...
Simply Shaina: April 2010
I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what color to pain the bedroom. We were thinking cream, with one wall in a burgendy/dark red... but then I want it to be warm and inviting and I dont know if that conveys warm and inviting... and then I like blue in there, but the kitchen is turquoise, and the living room (which opens into the kitchen) is going to have to be a different shade of blue so I think thats probably to much blue, then I like the IDEA of green, but I dont have a clue what color of green I would pick because Im SO picky about colors, and other than that, I have NO FREAKING CLUE ...
Table Lamp oxide, Industrial lamp, Industrial lighting, Table lamp Oxid, Bedside lamp, Design lamp, Brown lampshade, Bedroom...
This lampshade is part of our new OXID table lamps collection. It is handcrafted with great care and lots of love.Ive always liked the natural colors, different shades adopting the leaves of trees, changing from one tone to another, transforming the colors of lichens or tones of oxide metals w
LeBron 13 BHM 2016 | SneakerNews.com
Introducing the Nike LeBron 13 BHM. The annual Black History Month colorway installment of LeBron James signature silhouette is on full display here, as the upper sees a multi-color array of different shades in a zig-zagging pattern in honor of African heritage. A unique lion lace holder shines in a metallic hue of royal blue, but perhaps the most interesting feature of this upcoming release isnt readily apparent. The outsole sees a traditional icy blue translucence interrupted by cloud-like solid white portions. Check out a better look at the LeBron 13 below and let us know if youre a fan of the latest BHM look by taking your thoughts to the comments section.. Source: NikeTalk. ...
Water Resistant Body Kamaflage - Nuria Talori Cosmetics
Liquid Body makeup is here! Kamaflage and conceal stretch marks, bruises, spider veins, scars and burns on legs or anywhere else on the body. This is a full coverage formula -- water resistant, sweat proof, transfer resistant, and dries to a powder finish for a natural look. Available in 4 different shades to match ski
Shrink Rap: Shabby Chic is Perfect!
I moved today! My new office is wonderful. Roy made fun of me because I went to 4 paint stores and test drove 8 different shades of tan, finally settling on Shabby Chic (tan). Its perfect and it goes nicely with the mushroom colored carpeting that was being installed at 4 pm yesterday ...
Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale Goddess Palette | BH Cosmetics
This eyeshadow palette from our Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale Collection is filled with 12 different shades to keep your eyes looking as gorgeous as you.
Tracing Rainbows: Thank You Kezzie!
I didnt think the button tab down the front looked right - it just didnt show up against the busy print. So instead, I chose a selection of my vintage buttons in different shades of blue, and sewed them round the neckline. Very Boden-esque, dont you think? Thanks Kezzie!!. ...
The Prophetess <...
You could try mixing the foundations on your face. Put on a light layer of fawn, then a light layer of fair olive, and the last layer of something like light golden. If that works out then you can use the small sizes together in a mixing jar to get a decent amount of foundation. I tried a ton of different shades and never found one that matches. I ended up adding 1/2 a large fairly light beige with 1 small fairly light neutral and 1 small fair olive. Thankfully they have those large mixing ...
BECCA® Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation | Featured | Birchbox
This radiant foundation has an oxygen-boosting complex and anti-inflammatory Ejitsu Rose and comes in more than twelve different shades. Shop BECCA at Birchbox.
AIF 14 - IFTC
5 Awareness Symbols, summarising few of the disabilities from the 21 disabilities under the new disability act 2016. Available in 2 different shades.. ...
Never Not Knitting: Three Little Seedlings
I just received my two Seedling hats back from the test knitters and just had to snap a quick photo of all of the hats together. These three are all knit in different shades of The Fibre Company Canopy Worsted; a truly decadent yarn with wonderful drape and excellent stitch definition ...
price of uv spectrophotometer for sale - price of uv spectrophotometer wholesale
price of uv spectrophotometer wholesale, buy price of uv spectrophotometer from 40 price of uv spectrophotometer suppliers from China.
UV Laboratory Spectrophotometer Oil Acid Value With Universal Parallel Interface - Macylab
Buy UV Laboratory Spectrophotometer Oil Acid Value With Universal Parallel Interface direct from Laboratory Spectrophotometer of China Factory that provide Latest Laboratory Spectrophotometer - Macylab.
Pick the most efficient spectrophotometer to maximize your output and resources. View this Spectrophotometer Purchasing Guide today and learn how you can...
Comprehensive Spectrophotometers for Molecular Biologists, CECIL INSTRUMENTS LIMITED, United Kingdom
cpid-5233511 The multilingual GeneQuest, BioQuest and BioAquarius series provide a wide range of spectrophotometers, starting from dedicated DNA/RNA analysers to more sophisticated spectrophotometers which can ...
green shade net - offers from green shade net 製造商, 供應商, 出口商, 批發商 & 分銷商, green shade net 供應信息
green shade net 制造商名錄 ☆ 全球三百萬進口商和出口商 ☆ green shade net 供應商, 制造商, 批發商, green shade net 來自中國還有全球的賣方, 交易商, 出口商和分銷商在
An Arduino-powered Microplate Spectrophotometer: 16 Steps
Spectrophotometers are common pieces of equipment in a bioscience lab. They perform one simple function - to measure how much light a liquid absorbs at a particular...
Spectrophotometer News on Environmental XPRT
Get the latest spectrophotometer news on Environmental XPRT, the worlds largest environmental industry marketplace and information resource.
The Ergo-Cut 3150 , manufactured with a stable, rigid portal design and equipped with a sophisticated linear guide system as well as a 5 axle CNC control system. Dynamic drives ensure positioning speeds of up to 30 meters/minute, with a guaranteed positioning accuracy of +/- 0.1 mm. The worktable is 3,000 x 1,500 mm
Find your shade - Oxygenetix
To find the right shade for you, the shade that will blend perfectly and enhance your natural skintones, we first need to understand whether your skin is blue based or yellow based.
Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup, SPF 15, Light/Medium | Walgreens
Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup, SPF 15 at Walgreens. Get free shipping at $35 and view promotions and reviews for Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup, SPF 15
Its On! New Shopping Deals on Small Drum Lamp Shades
Find amazing deals on small drum lamp shades from several brands all in one place. Come find the small drum lamp shades you are looking for.
Fifty Shades Darker Review at ComingSoon.net
Fifty Shades Darker Review: The only thing it succeeds at is making Fifty Shades of Grey look like a better movie, which is no small feat.
Bel-Art SP Scienceware Riteflow Guarded Flowtubes Size 6:Spectrophotometers, | Fisher Scientific
Shop a large selection of Bel-Art SP Scienceware Riteflow Guarded Flowtubes products and learn more about Bel-Art SP Scienceware Riteflow Guarded Flowtubes
Solar Shades | Custom Solar Screens | Burlington, MA | Stoneside
Schedule a free consultation with our Burlington design team and see how our custom solar shades will transform your home or office.
3LAB Aqua BB SPF40 Moisturiser - Shade 03 30ml | Reviews | SkinStore
Buy 3LAB Aqua BB SPF40 Moisturiser - Shade 03 30ml online at SkinStore! We have a great range of 3LAB Skin Care products available. Free delivery over $49!
With a concealer you typically want to choose a concealer one shade lighter than your normal foundation shade. We offer a 45 day Love It or Leave It guarantee, so if you order the wrong shade you can send it back or exchange it for free! Also, feel free to stop into your local Sephora or Ulta to test the shades on your skin ...
Herbs That Do Best When Grown in the Shade - AgNet West
Not all plants are tolerant to the full sun. Cathy Isom reviews the herbs that do best when grown in the shade. Thats coming up on This Land
Cordless Blinds & Shades, Safe & Easy to Use | Blindsgalore
Cordless blinds & shades protect your family from dangerous cords and are easy to operate. Shop Blindsgalore wide variety of cordless window treatments at low prices.
Are you new to the world of foundation or have you never felt like youve found an ideal shade match? Not to worry -- we can still help!. Find your Shade. ...
Are you new to the world of foundation or have you never felt like youve found an ideal shade match? Not to worry -- we can still help!. Find your Shade. ...
Ocular prosthesis - Wikipedia
An ocular prosthesis, artificial eye or glass eye is a type of craniofacial prosthesis that replaces an absent natural eye following an enucleation, evisceration, or orbital exenteration. The prosthesis fits over an orbital implant and under the eyelids. Though often referred to as a glass eye, the ocular prosthesis roughly takes the shape of a convex shell and is made of medical grade plastic acrylic. A few ocular prostheses today are made of cryolite glass. A variant of the ocular prosthesis is a very thin hard shell known as a scleral shell which can be worn over a damaged or eviscerated eye. Makers of ocular prosthetics are known as ocularists. An ocular prosthesis does not provide vision; this would be a visual prosthesis. Someone with an ocular prosthesis is totally blind on the affected side and has monocular (one sided) vision. The earliest known evidence of the use of ocular prosthesis is that of a woman found in Shahr-I Sokhta, Iran dating back to 2900-2800 BCE. It has a hemispherical ...
Micronova™ Circular Stainless-Steel Bucket and Wringer Mop Wringer; 14 in. wide Micronova™ Circular Stainless-Steel Bucket and...
Micronova™ Circular Stainless-Steel Bucket and Wringer Mop Wringer; 14 in. wide Micronova™ Circular Stainless-Steel Bucket and Wringer Janitorial...
Patent US7646507 - Calibration system and calibration method - Google Patents
A calibration system includes: an image formation unit that outputs a patch sheet having a plurality of patch patterns based on different gradation values for each color of color material that is used; a selection unit that receives an instruction to select a device from among a plurality of color measurement devices comprising a first color measurement device and a second color measurement device of a lower color measurement accuracy than that of the first color measurement device; a color measurement unit that receives data of a color measurement result for the patch sheet that is color-measured by the color measurement device selected by the selection instruction; a color measurement value determination unit that acquires color measurement values for each of the patch patterns on the basis of the color measurement result data received; and a color adjustment unit that generates color correction information of the image formation unit on the basis of the color measurement values acquired. In the
Bismuth oxide thin film as new electrochromic material<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Bismuth oxide thin film as new electrochromic material. AU - Shimanoe, K.. AU - Suetsugu, M.. AU - Miura, N.. AU - Yamazoe, N.. PY - 1998/12/1. Y1 - 1998/12/1. N2 - Bismuth oxide thin films prepared by sputtering or vacuum evaporation were found to be a new electrochromic material. The best electrochromic performance in propylene carbonate containing 1 M LiClO4 was observed with the sputtered film annealed at 300-400°C in air for 30 min. The film showed a clear electrochromic change between transparent and dark brown on switching between anodic (+ 1.2 V) and cathodic (-2.0 V) polarization. Coloration and decoloration were completed within about 10 s with a coloration efficiency of 3.7 cm2 · C-1.. AB - Bismuth oxide thin films prepared by sputtering or vacuum evaporation were found to be a new electrochromic material. The best electrochromic performance in propylene carbonate containing 1 M LiClO4 was observed with the sputtered film annealed at 300-400°C in air for 30 min. The ...
Medline Stainless-Steel Blades | Staples
Shop Medline Stainless-Steel Blades at Staples. Choose from our wide selection of Medline Stainless-Steel Blades and get fast & free shipping on select orders.
Bismuth Oxide | Definition of Bismuth Oxide by Merriam-Webster
Define bismuth oxide: an oxide of bismuth; especially : the trioxide Bi2O3 occurring naturally as bismite, obtained synthetically as a yellow powder,…
Bismuth Oxide Powder
Bismuth Oxide Powder - Browse fuzing.com to find Bismuth Oxide Powder sellers, suppliers, wholesalers, companies, manufacturers, exporters, factories.
Bismuth oxide thin films prepared by chemical bath deposition (CBD) method: Annealing effect<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Bismuth oxide thin films prepared by chemical bath deposition (CBD) method. T2 - Annealing effect. AU - Gujar, T. P.. AU - Shinde, V. R.. AU - Lokhande, C. D.. AU - Mane, R. S.. AU - Han, Sung Hwan. PY - 2005/8/31. Y1 - 2005/8/31. N2 - Bismuth oxide thin films have been deposited by room temperature chemical bath deposition (CBD) method and annealed at 623 K in air. They were characterized for structural, surface morphological, optical and electrical properties. From the X-ray diffraction patterns, it was found that after annealing a non-stoichiometric phase, Bi 2 O 2.33 , was removed and phase pure monoclinic Bi 2 O 3 was obtained. Surface morphology of Bi 2 O 3 film at lower magnification SEM showed rod-like structure, however, higher magnification showed a rectangular slice-like structure perpendicular to substrate, giving rise to microrods on the surface. The optical studies showed the decrease in band gap by 0.3 eV after annealing. The electrical resistivity variation showed ...
APAC Global Bismuth Oxide Market Trend - Cheshire Media
Global Global Bismuth Oxide market report from Experts viewpoint Researchmoz analyzes the Global Bismuth Oxide market from a global as…. ...
Oster Carabello Stainless-Steel Sauce Pan With Lid, 2.6 Qt, Copper - Yahoo Shopping
Make a wide array of sauces with this Oster Carabello 2.6-Qt Sauce Pan. The pans stainless-steel material and encapsulated aluminum base offer reliable heat distribution, and the vented, tempered-glass lid helps keep the heat in. Pan is crafted from stainless steel with a 3-ply encapsulated aluminum base for rugged durability. Tempered-glass lid with vent helps contain splatters and allows you to view the food as it cooks. Riveted handles offer a comfortable grip. Dishwasher safe.
Radius Ergonomic Stainless-Steel Digging Spade - Lee Valley Tools
Ideal for heavy digging, ground preparation and harvesting, this spade is a real innovation in traditional digging tools. The large, comfortable circular handle allows a greater range of natural hand positions, avoiding wrist strain.. The steps are larger, higher set and offset slightly from the shaft, to provide a wider surface with better foot registration than traditional steps. The steps are also folded forward and slightly curved (traditional steps fold backward, toward the user, and are straight), which softens the corner to reduce ankle injuries. Last, the angle of the step is slightly greater than the traditional 90° relative to the blade, providing a better push angle.. The spade has a resin-encased steel shaft core and a stainless-steel head. It is so strong that you can apply over 150 lb of prying force at the end of the handle without breaking it. It is 43 1/2 long, has a 13 × 7 head and weighs 5 lb 4 oz.. ...
Piazza Stainless-Steel Pasta Tongs | Williams Sonoma
From Italy, where dishing up pasta is a way of life, these tongs elegantly toss and serve spaghetti and other long noodles. • Stainless-steel construction. • Tongs return to their original shape even if opened to 180 degrees. • Sleek de…
Breville Stainless-Steel Electric Hot Wok | Williams Sonoma
Stir-frying is fun and easy when you use this top-rated electric wok, now updated with a stainless-steel exterior. The bowl heats up quickly and maintains its temperature, and the nonstick coating allows you to cook with minimal oil. • High-po…
Flock of Sheep Heralds Historic Opening of UKs First Stainless-Steel Bridge
A new stainless-steel bridge was officially opened to vehicle traffic and pedestrians October 23, five years after Storm Desmond destroyed an 18th-century stone bridge connecting the Ullswater Valley over the River Eamont.The new Pooley Bridge officially opened with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Friday morning. Local farmers tested the new bridge by herding sheep over the structure, made entirely of stainless steel and the first of its kind in the UK.Penrith resident Mark Finnie shared this footage, telling Storyful that his car was the first over the bridge Friday morning.The previous 250-year-old stone structure had washed away during Storm Desmond in December 2015. The bridge was repaired, along with more than 450 others, as part of the Cumbria City Councils Infrastructure Recovery Program, reports said.
CMC Rescue Stainless-Steel Rescue Litters Tapered; With StratLoad attachment | Fisher Scientific
CMC Rescue Stainless-Steel Rescue Litters Tapered; With StratLoad attachment points; 31 lb. (14kg) First Responder Products:First Responder Equipment and Supplies:Tools:Immobilization
Stainless-Steel Seafood Cracker $5.99 Deal
Get this Stainless-Steel Seafood Cracker deal for $5.99 at Williams Sonoma. This deal was added on 08/01/2020 along with other Williams Sonoma coupons, ...
Different Shades of Bias: Skin Tone, Implicit Racial Bias, and Judgments of Ambiguous Evidence by Justin D. Levinson, Danielle...
Many commentators and judges have come to accept the changing reality of racial discrimination - discrimination that has largely shifted from overt and intentio
A Different Shade of Green for Maryland
Following on the heels of DCs move two weeks ago to draft legislation requiring private buildings to implement energy-conservation measures by 2012, the Montgomery County Council is set to approve a bill that would approach the greening of construction a little differently, offering incentives such as tax-breaks and reduced building fees to those builders who comply with the news standards starting in 2008. The Green Buildings bill, which would make Montgomery County one of the most environmentally forward metro areas in the country, will apply to new and public buildings of 10,000 sf or more, and motivate developers to install low-flush toilets and build roofs using plant covers through a combination of reduced building fees and tax rebates ...
Bismuth Oxide (Bi2O3) Evaporation Material
Heeger Materials provides online Bismuth Oxide (Bi2O3) Evaporation Material at a competitive price. custom and bonding services are also available.
Bismuth oxide | Bi2O3 | 99.9999 | -30 mesh | Advanced Materials Group
Materion Advanced Chemicals Bismuth oxide; Purity: 99.9999, CAS 1304-76-3, Materion Item Number B-2007. Call 419-289-9800 to order.
Structure-Composition-Property Relationships of Complex Bismuth Oxide Based Photocatalysts (Technical Report) | SciTech Connect
Development of a new family of up- and down-conversion materials based on oxtfluorides that can potentially increase photocatalytic activities of photocatalysts such as bismuth oxides and can also be used as phosphors in Al 1-xGa xN-based devices and solar devices. ...
bismuth oxide film
Page contains details about bismuth oxide film . It has composition images, properties, Characterization methods, synthesis, applications and reference articles : nano.nature.com
Digital Spectrophotometers - Digital Photo Colorimeter Manufacturer from Pune
Manufacturer of Digital Spectrophotometers - Digital Photo Colorimeter, Digital Colorimeter, Microprocessor Spectrophotometer and Spectrophotometer offered by Xitij Instruments Private Limited, Pune, Maharashtra.
Ocular Prosthesis Center | Home
The newer technique involves taking the patients actual photograph using a digital camera (Canon EOS Digital Rebel) with a Macro lens and a ring light flash.. The photograph is then evaluated and compared with the patients iris and minor touchups are done in Adobe Photoshop version 7.0. The photograph printout is taken on a paper which is then covered by 3 layers of water-resistant spray. The same is then mounted on an ocular disc. This is then fixed in a wax mould and evaluated in the patients socket to look for comfort and fit ...
Color Measurement in Action | X-Rite Blog
Color measurement plays a role in everything. Did you know all of the different industries that measure color and use color standards. Learn more!
Color Measurement in Action | X-Rite Blog
Color measurement plays a role in everything. Did you know all of the different industries that measure color and use color standards. Learn more!
Our online color measurement system - new features | Micro-Epsilon America
Due to its advanced functionality and a tactile adapter for contact measurements, the colorCONTROL ACS 7000 spectral color measurement system can be used for both measurements in the production line (online) and in laboratories for random sample meas
January 8 - Today in Science History - Scientists born on January 8th, died, and events
In 1935, the first U.S. patent for a spectrophotometer was issued to Professor Arthur Cobb Hardy of Wellesley, Mass. (No. 1,987,441) which he called a photometric apparatus. It could detect two million different shades of colour and make a permanent record chart of the results. The patent was assigned to the General Electric Company of Schenectady, N.Y. which sold the first machine on 24 May 1935. It used a photo-electric device to receive light alternately from a sample and from a standard for comparison. It eliminated any need for the two beams (from sample and from standard) to travel different optical paths which in previous designs could introduce inaccuracies if one path varied from the other.«[Image: a GE-Hardy double-beam recording spectrophotometer photographed in 1938 showing Walt Disney with the instrument at his studios.] ...
Stainless-Steel Laboratory Cart, 500-lb Capacity | Carolina.com
Durable frame with protective bumpers on legs and handles. Ideal for constant use with light or moderate loads. Equipped with 3 shelves (15-1/2x24) with a 1 lip on 3 sides of the top and middle shelves, and four 3-1/2 rubber, swivel casters. Capacity, 500 lb; wt, 39 lb. Shipped via UPS.
People united in shades of red and white, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
Singapores MPs turned up in different shades of red and white yesterday, waving miniature Singapore flags as they made their way down the stands of the National Stadium.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
190-850nm Ultromicro Spectrophotometer / Cuvette Spectrophotometer - Macylab
Buy 190-850nm Ultromicro Spectrophotometer / Cuvette Spectrophotometer direct from Laboratory Spectrophotometer of China Factory that provide Latest Laboratory Spectrophotometer - Macylab.
Colourimetry Suppliers | Colorimeters to Spectrophotometers
Suppliers of Colourimetry including Colorimeters through to Spectrophotometers. Genuine customer reviews, as well as profile, product and service information.
I love seeing leaf buds as they are about to burst from branches. Often they emerge in colors that identify a plant, like the yellow-gold of willows. For me buds symbolize the promise of life and timeless renewal, and the introduction of a new gardening season.. We all enjoy the shade of leaves above streets in summer, and the sound of wind rustling through a canopy of leaves, but you might not find leaves an exciting topic for many reasons. For the most part, they are green, although they come in different shades and tints. Many leaves shapes come in an uninspired oval, varying only in size. Leaves seem to be more concerned with function than aesthetics; a plain green leaf produces more food than a fancy-shaped variegated one. Leaves can cause work, too. Some leaves, as in lawns, need labor to make them attractive. Others need raking every autumn.. Yet to me, leaves are so much more.. Every leaf is a complicated chemical laboratory and manufacturing site, and the only one known to be capable ...
Expertise in Prosthesis Coloring Worldwide on Еxpertscape, Еxpertscape. Retrieved: February 16, 2021. "Free Color Education and ... "Harmonization of Color Measurements in Dentistry", ScienceDirect. Retrieved: February 20, 2021. "Color Range and Color ... Dental Color Matcher UTHealth School of Dentistry Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry Society for Color and ... "Color Compatibility of Gingival Shade Guides and Gingiva-Colored Dental Materials with Healthy Human Gingiva", The ...
Library of Congress Classification:Class R -- Medicine
Color vision tests, charts, etc. 925-939...................................Refraction and errors of refraction and ... Eyeglasses 986-988...................................Artificial eyes and other prostheses 991-992 ...
... painting the iris and then fitting the ocular prostheses. Prefabricated ocular prostheses with different colored iris are also ... An ocularist is someone who specializes in the fabrication and fitting of ocular prostheses for people who have lost an eye or ... In addition to creating the prosthetic eye, they show the patient how to care for and handle the prosthesis. Ocularists may ... Ocularist may select the stock eye which is closely matched to patient iris color. Due to better adaptation, comfort and ...
Enucleation of the eye
The external portion of the ocular prosthesis is painted and finished to mimic a natural eye color, shape and luster. It can be ... The prosthesis is fabricated by an ocularist. Its form is that of a cupped disc so that it can fit comfortably in the pocket ... Although vision is not restored by removal of the eye with placement of an orbital implant and ocular prosthesis, a natural ... Orbital implants and ocular prostheses are used by the surgeon to restore a more natural appearance. An orbital implant is ...
One example of a pressure phosphene is demonstrated by gently pressing the side of one's eye and observing a colored ring of ... Brindley and Rushton (1974) used the phosphenes to create a visual prosthesis, in this case by using the phosphenes to depict ... Experiences include a darkening of the visual field that moves against the rubbing, a diffuse colored patch that also moves ... Research has looked into visual prosthesis for the blind, which involves use of arrays of electrodes implanted in the skull ...
Peter Schiller (neuroscientist)
P.H. Schiller, W.M. Slocum, M.C. Kwak, G.L. Kendall and E.J. Tehovnik EJ, New methods devised specify the size and color of the ... The work of Schiller has spawned renewed interest in the development of visuo-cortical prostheses for the blind. While doing ... N.K. Logothetis, P.H. Schiller, E.R. Charles and A.C. Hurlbert, Perceptual deficits and the activity of the color-opponent and ... P.H. Schiller, N.K. Logothetis and E.R. Charles, Role of the color-opponent and broad-band channels in vision. (1990) Visual ...
Inflammatory papillary hyperplasia
The lesion is mostly asymptomatic and color of the mucosa may vary from pink to red. In general, IPH is associated with the use ... Strong correlation between denture stomatitis and poor hygiene in the use of prostheses have been found in a few studies in ... "The association of denture stomatitis and partial removable dental prostheses: a systematic review". The International Journal ... of removable upper dentures, although it also has been found in dentulous patients with no history of a dental prosthesis. The ...
Erectile) prosthesis change (from complications). *(Erectile) prosthesis explantation (removal of the prosthesis without ... Aesthetic appearance of normally colored skin (the glans may be tattooed to proper color) ... "Shortened penis post penile prosthesis". MDLinx. Retrieved 16 February 2016.. *^ "A Retrospective Evaluation of the Safety and ... Once the corporotomies are closed and all of the tubing and components of the prosthesis covered with a layer of Buck's fascia ...
Medical uses of silver
As it turns them permanently a dark-purple/black color, in doing so increasing individual cells' visibility under a microscope ... Silver is also used in bone prostheses, reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and cardiac devices. Silver diamine fluoride appears ...
List of MeSH codes (E05)
... prosthesis coloring MeSH E05.337.250.200 - clinical trials, phase i MeSH E05.337.250.210 - clinical trials, phase ii MeSH ...
Francis Bacon: The Logic of Sensation
... prostheses and mutilations, monsters," but are always set on fields of color with shallow depth. One of his main literary ... The light, [...] Its yellowness." However, Deleuze remarks that "if these fields of color press toward the Figure, the Figure ...
Bone anchored limb prostheses Bone anchored hearing conduction amplification (bone anchored hearing aid) Eyeborg perceive color ... ear prosthesis), maxillofacial reconstruction, eye (orbital prosthesis), or nose (nose prosthesis) ... This "osseoperception" means that the prosthesis user regains a more accurate sense of how the prosthesis is interacting with ... One of the peculiarities of osseointegrated prostheses is that mechanical events at the prosthesis (e.g. touch) are transferred ...
Cortical stimulation mapping
A cortical visual prosthesis is a promising subject of research because it targets neurons past the site of disease in most ... Electrical stimulation in the occipital lobe has also been known to produce small colored circles usually in the center of the ... Mapping of the occipital cortex has possible use in the development of a prosthesis for the blind. Electrical stimulation in ... For patients with glaucoma and optic nerve atrophy, existing retinal prostheses are not an option since the optic nerve is ...
List of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic characters
... tomboyish pegasus with a rainbow-colored mane and tail. Her cutie mark, a rainbow-colored lightning bolt with a cloud, ... Kerfuffle wears a wooden prosthesis to replace the lower half of one hind leg. Mr. and Mrs. Hoofington (voiced by Michael ... They provided baked goods for the Rainbow Festival in past years, but the quality of their pies has suffered due to the color ... Author Begin describes her as "essentially a different-colored Rainbow Dash in a hat". In "Daring Don't", the books' author A.K ...
Ear Prosthesis: An auricular (ear) prosthesis is custom made by an anaplastologist to mirror the other ear. Prosthetic ears can ... They are typically made of silicone, which is colored to match the surrounding skin and can be attached using either adhesive ... External ear prostheses have been made for children as young as 5. For auricular reconstruction, there are several different ... The biggest disadvantage is the daily care involved and knowing that the prosthesis is not real. Aural atresia is the ...
Back to the Future
Chase used a stippling process-creating a pattern with small dots-to add varied colors to the actors' faces to better conceal ... Chase found the work frustrating compared to his experiences with more fantastical prostheses that made it easier to hide ... The DeLorean dashboard chronometer uses the same color scheme as the time device of The Time Machine. Ray Loynd opined Doc can ... and the drama The Color Purple ($94.2 million). According to estimates by Box Office Mojo, this indicates over 59 million ...
... a colored ring that is tightly secured into the shaft of the prosthesis, adding rigidity and which is radiopaque). All voice ... voice prostheses. 'Non-indwelling' voice prostheses can be replaced by the patients themselves, whereas 'indwelling' prostheses ... A voice prosthesis has to be replaced regularly, because after a certain time, the valve flap of the voice prosthesis does not ... A voice prosthesis (plural prostheses) is an artificial device, usually made of silicone that is used in conjunction with voice ...
The first in-socket artificial eyes were made of gold with colored enamel, later evolving into the use of glass (thus the name ... An ocular prosthesis does not provide vision; this would be a visual prosthesis. Someone with an ocular prosthesis is ... A few ocular prostheses today are made of cryolite glass. A variant of the ocular prosthesis is a very thin hard shell known as ... An ocular prosthesis, artificial eye or glass eye is a type of craniofacial prosthesis that replaces an absent natural eye ...
Small amount of acrylic-based paint is added to start the intrinsic coloration (color in the core). Wax model is dewaxed in a ... Nose prosthesis is a craniofacial prosthesis for someone who no longer has their original nose. Nose prostheses are designed by ... A nose prosthesis is only required if the nose cannot be repaired, and there are a variety of reasons this may occur. A benign ... Developing a nose prosthesis requires a balance of artistic and technological skills. This required craftsmanship can be seen ...
... prostheses allow women to choose from a few colors and sizes. The majority of mass-produced prostheses are self-adhering and ... Nipple/Areola prostheses (prostheses is the plural of prosthesis) are made of silicone by breast prosthesis manufacturers and ... Custom prostheses can be made any size, shape, or color to the specification of the individual in need and some can last for ... Lack of projection, color match, shape, size, and texture are all among the common complaints of mass-produced prostheses ( ...
Many prostheses are available in colors which can suit different skin tones. Additionally, while finding an exact match for any ... There are many types of ready made breast prostheses including full or standard prostheses, partial prostheses such a shell ... and attachable breast prostheses (also known as a contact prostheses). Partial breast prosthesis are available in a variety of ... Custom-made prosthesis - Some shops can customize prosthetics to match natural color, size of other breast, and the bodies ...
Removable dental prostheses (mainly dentures) are sometimes considered a form of indirect dental restoration, as they are made ... An all-ceramic, tooth-colored restoration is finished and ready to bond in place. Another fabrication method is to import STL ... These materials are similar to those used in direct fillings and are tooth-colored. Their strength and durability is not as ... Composites can be made of color matching the tooth, and the surface can be polished after the filling procedure has been ...
Acrylic Sheets are produced in dozens of standard colors, most commonly sold using color numbers developed by Rohm & Haas in ... Pressure is used during the curing process to minimize polymerization shrinkage, ensuring an accurate fit of the prosthesis. ... Colored PMMA varieties allow specific IR wavelengths to pass while blocking visible light (for remote control or heat sensor ... Collection of Jock de Swart, Durango, CO Plexiglas ® Color Numbers Archived 2016-05-18 at the Portuguese Web Archive. ...
Glossary of communication disorders
Neural prostheses Devices that substitute for an injured or diseased part of the nervous system, such as the cochlear implant. ... The symptoms of NF-1 include coffee-colored spots on the skin, enlargement, deformation of bones, and neurofibromas. ... Brainstem implant Auditory prosthesis that bypasses the cochlea and auditory nerve. This type of implant helps individuals who ... Auditory prosthesis Device that substitutes or enhances the ability to hear. Augmentative devices Tools that help individuals ...
He also added talc as an inert filler to give more body to the material, and red colouring. The medical device called a stent ... Lukenda, Josip; Biocina-Lukenda Dolores (2009). "[Stent, endovascular prosthesis, net or strut? What would British dentist ...
Some form of breast prostheses are sometimes used. If the clothing being worn will reveal the breast cleavage, some type of ... Transgender people face high rates of discrimination and harassment, particularly among trans women of color. Transgender ... A Framework for Conceptualizing Risk Behavior among Transgender Women of Color". Sex roles. 68 (11-12): 675-689. doi:10.1007/ ...
These blocks need to be in a neutral color or a color similar to that of the track, and they must be placed entirely behind the ... Foot drag - often caused by an ill-fitting prosthesis - can be corrected by shortening the length of the prosthesis. Uneven ... the mark is taken where the prosthesis landed. If prosthesis lands outside the landing zone nearer the board than where athlete ... People in this class who are lower limb amputees are required to wear their leg prosthesis when they are on the track, and they ...
These blocks need to be in a neutral color or a color similar to that of the track, and they must be placed entirely behind the ... People in this class who are lower limb amputees are required to wear their leg prosthesis when they are on the track, and they ...
These blocks need to be in a neutral color or a color similar to that of the track, and they must be placed entirely behind the ... the mark is taken where the prosthesis landed. If prosthesis falls off outside the landing zone nearer the board than where ... People in this class who are lower limb amputees are required to wear their leg prosthesis when they are on the track, and they ... Dyer, B. An Insight into the Acceptable Use & Assessment of Lower-Limb Running Prostheses in Disability Sport. Ph.D. Thesis, ...
Prosthesis Coloring | Harvard Catalyst Profiles | Harvard Catalyst
"Prosthesis Coloring" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Prosthesis Coloring" was a major or minor ... "Prosthesis Coloring" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicines controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical ... Below are the most recent publications written about "Prosthesis Coloring" by people in Profiles. ... Dozic A, Voit NF, Zwartser R, Khashayar G, Aartman I. Color coverage of a newly developed system for color determination and ...
Patent US4836674 - Method and apparatus for determining color, in particular of a dental prosthesis - Google Patents
The invention is particularly suitable for determining the color of dental prostheses. ... on the basis of color measurements performed on adjacent teeth in the mouth of the patient. An optical fiber instrument picks ... order to determine the diffuse spectral reflectance of the tooth and to calculate the tristimulus values of its apparent color ... The invention can be used to determine the color to be given to a dental prosthesis, for example, ...
Patients blinded by outer retinal dystrophies are able to perceive simultaneous colors using the Argus® II Retinal Prosthesis...
Conclusions: : Three blind subjects fitted with the Argus II Retinal Prosthesis System were able to perceive different colored ... Subjects reported the color(s) they perceived after each stimulation. Results: : Seven different combinations of colors were ... Patients blinded by outer retinal dystrophies are able to perceive simultaneous colors using the Argus® II Retinal Prosthesis ... Patients blinded by outer retinal dystrophies are able to perceive simultaneous colors using the Argus® II Retinal Prosthesis ...
Swimwear designed to be worn with prostheses | Colors Green - GARANCE Paris
Explore all our swimwear perfectly designed to be worn with prostheses for an on-trend, sexy look to the beach or at the pool ... All our bikinis and swimsuits come with hidden pockets for wear with prostheses or push-up.. The styles ensure absolute comfort ... All our bikinis and swimsuits come with hidden pockets for wear with prostheses or push-up.. The styles ensure absolute comfort ...
Lightweight Breast Forms | Mastectomy Breast Form | Breast Prosthesis
Lightweight Breast Forms (prosthesis) are fast becoming a major trend for breast prosthesis, with such forms being anywhere ... Browse Mastectomy/Lumpectomy Breast Forms (Prosthesis). *Lightweight Breast Forms. *Standard Symmetrical Silicone Breast Forms ... Youre here: Home , Shop , Mastectomy, Breast Cancer, Reconstruction , Mastectomy/Lumpectomy Breast Forms (Prosthesis) , ... Go back to Mastectomy/Lumpectomy Breast Forms (Prosthesis). Go back to Shop. ...
Post-Surgery Breast Forms | Leisure, Sleep, Exercise Breast Forms | Breast Prosthesis
Youre here: Home , Shop , Mastectomy, Breast Cancer, Reconstruction , Mastectomy/Lumpectomy Breast Forms (Prosthesis) , Post- ... Browse Mastectomy/Lumpectomy Breast Forms (Prosthesis). *Lightweight Breast Forms. *Standard Symmetrical Silicone Breast Forms ... The following Post-Surgery, Leisure/Sleep, Exercise Foam Breast Forms (prosthesis) are primarily foam forms that are designed ... Go back to Mastectomy/Lumpectomy Breast Forms (Prosthesis). Go back to Shop. ...
Full Coverage Lightly Padded Wire Free Yc-004 Breast Prosthesis Medical Bra With Pocket - Buy Front Closure Breast Reduction...
Find Complete Details about Full Coverage Lightly Padded Wire Free Yc-004 Breast Prosthesis Medical Bra With Pocket,Front ... Full Coverage Lightly Padded Wire Free Yc-004 Breast Prosthesis Medical Bra With Pocket , ... Color: Skin/Gray/Red/Black. Feature 1: Quick dry,disposable. Feature 2: Push up/one piece ... Mastectomy Bra Breast Cancer Women Breast Forms breast prosthesis Bra hot sexy underwear images for post surgical. ...
Patent US7097450 - Methods for determining color or shade information of a dental object using ... - Google Patents
A method of producing dental prostheses based on measured data also is disclosed. Measured data also may be stored and/or ... Under processor control, the color measurement may be made at a predetermined height and angle. Various color spectral ... Color measuring systems and methods such as for determining the color or other characteristics of teeth are disclosed. ... Many individuals are color insensitive (color blind) to certain colors, further complicating color determination. ...
Miniaturized infrared cameras take colored photos of the eye | EurekAlert! Science News
One of our goals is retinal prosthesis to restore vision. We work on highly sensitive imaging sensors for diagnostics of the ... These filters acquire three signals that can be given a red, green and blue value to generate a color photograph of the eye ... Title: Next-generation Fundus Camera with Full Color Image Acquisition in 0-lx Visible Light by 1.12-micron Square Pixel, 4K, ... The cameras use microelectronics technology to acquire color images by using three kinds of invisible light or near infrared ...
Color assessment in dental prostheses: the use of smartphones as process tools | Braz. dent. sci;22(4): 573-577, 2019. ilus ...
Color assessment in dental prostheses: the use of smartphones as process tools / Tomada de cor em prótese dentária: Uso de ... Color assessment in dental prostheses: the use of smartphones as process tools ... Full text: Available Index: BBO / LILACS (Americas) Main subject: Tooth / Color / Photography, Dental / Cell Phone Clinical ... Accurate color selection of direct or indirect dental restorations is a subjective task. Mobile phones are tools that may ...
In vitro evaluation of color and translucency reproduction of maxillofacial prostheses using a computerized system | The...
Accurate color matching of maxillofacial prostheses to skin is important for esthetics. A computerized color matching system ... The silicone was colored to simulate 28 different skin colors (n=5) to serve as "target skin colors". Using a ... "replicate skin color" fabrication. CIELAB Delta-E between target skin color-replicate skin color pairs and translucency ... The computerized color matching system specific to human skin was found to be reliable in terms of color and translucency ...
Oxy-Iso Color Correction Glasses for Healthcare Workers: A Medgadget Review | Medgadget
Color blindness can be frustrating for those with the condition, and it can also create challenges for some medical ... 3D-Printed Custom Robotic Prostheses: Interview with Easton LaChappelle, CEO and Co-Founder of Unlimited Tomorrow. ... We were sent a pair of Oxy-Iso Color Correction Glasses from a company called O2AMP that were developed to help color blind ... Oxy-Iso Color Correction Glasses for Healthcare Workers: A Medgadget Review. September 26th, 2016 Editors Anesthesiology, ...
Oral freedom: Hybrid prostheses are best lingualized - CANDULOR AG
Aesthetic Color Set Easy. Customized for the patient to achieve natural and unique authenticity. ... ORAL FREEDOM: HYBRID PROSTHESES ARE BEST LINGUALIZED. MDT Henryk Jurzyca. Abutment teeth and implants do not tolerate ... The question of how we can achieve this for hybrid prostheses is more relevant than ever. The scientifically-founded answer has ... From our perspective, this is undoubtedly a far-sighted solution, as though Gerber anticipated todays hybrid prosthesis 40 ...
eye, artificial; prosthesis, model | National Museum of American History
white (overall color) blue (overall color) black (overall color) gold (overall color) red (overall color) molded (overall ... eye, artificial; prosthesis, model eye, artificial; prosthesis, model. a" data-cycle-caption="#nmah-edan-caption" data-cycle- ... prosthesis, model Date made. 1943 1943 1943 associated dates. 1950 02 21 / 1950 02 21 maker. Dietz, Victor H. Wirtz, Milton S. ...
Custom silicone finger and hand prosthetics | Ottobock US
The Custom silicone finger or partial hand prosthesis is a natural looking, low profile prosthetic option. Details such as ... Will the prosthesis match skin color exactly?. Every attempt is made to match your skin color as closely as possible. However, ... The lifetime of the prosthesis will vary greatly depending on your activity level. The pigment color is intrinsic, so you dont ... For partial prostheses, the Custom silicone prosthesis tapers into your existing limb to create a realistic, natural looking ...
Class 623: PROSTHESIS (I.E., ARTIFICIAL BODY MEMBERS), PARTS THEREOF, OR AIDS AND ACCESSORIES THEREFOR ( Manual of U.S. Patent...
Having marker (e.g., color, radiopaque, etc.). 1.35. . Bifurcated. 1.36. . With means to attach graft to natural blood vessel ( ... ARTERIAL PROSTHESIS (I.E., BLOOD VESSEL). 1.11. . Stent combined with surgical delivery system (e.g., surgical tools, delivery ... IMPLANTABLE PROSTHESIS (623/11). FOR 108. . Hollow or tubular part or organ (e.g., bladder, urether, bronchi, bile duct, etc ... EYE PROSTHESIS (E.G., LENS OR CORNEAL IMPLANT, OR ARTIFICIAL EYE, ETC.) (623/4). ...
Rade Paravina - Wikipedia
Expertise in Prosthesis Coloring Worldwide on Еxpertscape, Еxpertscape. Retrieved: February 16, 2021. "Free Color Education and ... "Harmonization of Color Measurements in Dentistry", ScienceDirect. Retrieved: February 20, 2021. "Color Range and Color ... Dental Color Matcher UTHealth School of Dentistry Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry Society for Color and ... "Color Compatibility of Gingival Shade Guides and Gingiva-Colored Dental Materials with Healthy Human Gingiva", The ...
Patent US20080138767 - Method and system for improving dental esthetics - Google Patents
System for color matching a dental prosthesis. US5860806 *. 29 Nov 1996. 19 Jan 1999. The Kerr Corporation. Single dose dental ... For instance, the colored material may be black, or red, bright neon, metallic coloring, any other color, or any type of image. ... That is, the thin film can be any colored material for creating a colored image that is integrated with the polymeric shell ... For ease of illustration, the presence of the thin film is shown by coloring segment 425 black. In actual practice, of course, ...
Hornbill gets new lease of life with prosthesis, Environment News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
... pied hornbill with an aggressive form of cancer on its casque at the Jurong Bird Park has been given a 3D-printed prosthesis ... Jary started eating normally the day after the surgery, and recently began colouring his prosthetic casque yellow. This happens ... Dr Hsu Li Chieh from The Animal Clinic using a drill guide to fix the 3D-printed 46g prosthesis on the beak of the hornbill. ... The prosthesis protects the surgical wound from being exposed and gives the hornbills natural casque time to regrow, a process ...
Energy Breast Forms | Lightweight Silicone Prosthesis and Bra Inserts - Amoena US
Swim Breast Forms | Foam and Waterproof Breast Prosthesis for Swimming - Amoena US
Patent US4981487 - Colored hydrogel objects and their production-containing a water-insoluble ... - Google Patents
... are provided with opaque or translucent coloring so as to be capable of masking effectively any underlying color, e.g. the ... barium sulphate or an optical brightener and then colored with a suitable dyestuff. ... natural color of the eye. The hydrogel may be rendered opaque by precipitation in situ of a white or yellow water-insoluble, ... Method of forming color effects in hydrogel contact lenses and ophthalmic prostheses. ...
Patent US6843803 - Bifurcated intraluminal prostheses construction and methods - Google Patents
The present invention provides modular bifurcated intraluminal tubular prostheses, particularly stents and stent-grafts, for ... White et al., "Intravascular Stents," A Color Atlas of Endovascular Surgery pp. 83-87; J.B. Lippencott Company; Philadelphia ( ... The prosthesis has a bend defining a preset angle when in an expanded configuration. The prosthesis is positioned at the bent ... Endovascular graft prosthesis and an implantation method for such a prosthesis. US5584885. Apr 28, 1994. Dec 17, 1996. Seckel; ...
Loading and delivery of self-expanding stents - C.R. Bard, Inc.
Ask Dr. Christensen: What material should I use for an anterior three-unit fixed prosthesis? | Dental Economics
... the decision regarding which type of material to use for three-unit anterior fixed prostheses has become more difficult. Dr. ... Other new types of tooth-colored fixed prostheses. It is too soon to predict the success of the many types of tooth-colored ... Now, many colors are available, but some are still quite opaque and mono color. Some call this type of zirconia restoration ... Success as a fixed prosthesis: Minimal long-term research on anterior fixed prostheses done to date because of relatively ...
US20060036318A1 - Method and insert for modifying eye color - Google Patents
The insertion of opaque material into the stromal space is a means of changing the color and/or design of the stroma and, ... A method and intrastroma insert are adapted to modify eye color. ... A61F-FILTERS IMPLANTABLE INTO BLOOD VESSELS; PROSTHESES; ... A second person who is looking at the eye 10 of the first person will view the color of the eye, as defined by the color of the ... Currently, color is provided by contact lens through use of linear sections of color in various patterns that are designed to ...
Library of Congress Classification:Class R -- Medicine - Wikipedia
Clinic, prosthesis, medicine, care, health care, charity icon - Download
Touch Bionics Realistic Prostheses
List of awareness ribbon colors and their meaning. Also see our calendar of awareness dates. ... Prostheses. Prostheses - A device designed to replace a missing part of the body or to make a part of the body work better. ... The Appearance of a Prosthesis. Some people who have a limb loss feel the most important feature of a prosthesis is for it to ... Livingskin prosthesis are designed to be unnoticed, and Touch Bionics can create livingskin prostheses for parts of fingers, ...
Prostheses and Prosthetics: Artificial Limbs News and Information
List of published articles and documents from the Disabled World Prostheses and Prosthetics: Artificial Limbs News and ... List of awareness ribbon colors and their meaning. Also see our calendar of awareness dates. ... 2009-07-18 - Enhancing Prosthesis of Amputated Legs - What is involved is the possibility of designing a prosthesis socket for ... Prostheses and Prosthetics: Artificial Limbs News and Information Document List. This page contains the full list of articles ...
Argus II Retinal Prosthesis SystemRetinalImplantationUpper limb prosthesesType of prosthesisHeart valve prosPatientsHand prosthesisHybrid prosthesesFacial prosthesisVisual prosthesisOcular prosthesisAvailable prosthesesMandibular prosthesisLimbIMPLANTImplantsLightweight Breast FormsRestoreMaxillofacialAppearanceMastectomy brasBrasPocketsMitral valve annulusProstheticsFoamBionicCosmeticFunctionalHydrogelTooth colorSensoryOphthalmicMadePigmentationPolypropylenePartialBreast tissueRemovableSurgicalCompositeSURGERYMethodsValveSystemTimeEvaluateDentalInventionProsthetic legSignificantlyFormsTeethCloselyClinicRestorationsMeSH
Argus II Retinal Prosthesis System4
- To test if patients blinded by outer retinal dystrophies can consistently perceive different colored percepts at the same time with the Argus II Retinal Prosthesis System. (arvojournals.org)
- Three blind subjects fitted with the Argus II Retinal Prosthesis System were able to perceive different colored flashes at the same time. (arvojournals.org)
- At the ASRS 31st Annual Meeting, Mark S. Humayun, MD, PhD, presented updated safety and performance results of the Argus® II Retinal Prosthesis System clinical trial and gave an overview of the commercial experience in Europe. (asrs.org)
- The Argus II Retinal Prosthesis System has been commercially available in Europe since 2011 and received US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in February 2013. (asrs.org)
- Four blind subjects with retinitis pigmentosa (bare light perception or worse vision in both eyes, functional ganglion cells and intact optic nerve, confirmed history of useful form vision), fitted with the Argus II retinal prosthesis were tested. (arvojournals.org)
- This is the first time that a retinal prosthetic device has been shown to allow a group of blind patients to perceive two different colors simultaneously. (arvojournals.org)
- One of our goals is retinal prosthesis to restore vision. (eurekalert.org)
- James Weiland , another expert on retinal prostheses at the University of Southern California, calls the device a "good first start, one that is worth pursuing further. (technologyreview.com)
- Transesophageal echo color Doppler examination before valve implantation. (ahajournals.org)
- Mastopexy and breast reconstruction prostheses and implantation method that allow for radiographic imaging of the breast tissue. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Methods Percutaneous transfemoral antegrade transseptal implantation of Edwards SAPIEN prosthesis (Edwards Lifesciences, Irvine, California) was performed in 48 patients with degenerated mitral bioprosthesis (n = 33), previous ring annuloplasty (n = 9), and severe MAC (n = 6). (onlinejacc.org)
Upper limb prostheses1
- One of the major goals in the development of future upper limb prostheses is thus the restoration of sensory feedback. (nature.com)
Type of prosthesis2
Heart valve pros2
- The present invention relates to an improved heart valve prosthesis for use in improving the function of the mitral and/or tricuspid heart valves. (google.es)
- attaching a replacement new heart valve prosthesis comprising a valve mechanism and integral suturing ring to the surgically attached suturing ring by suturing the integral suturing ring to the surgically attached suturing ring. (google.es)
- These data, as well as data from future studies, could allow us to provide a rudimentary version of color vision to blind patients. (arvojournals.org)
- Modular sections of the prostheses, or "prosthetic modules," may be selectively assembled to form a prosthesis having characteristics which are tailored to the specific requirements of the patient, including branch angle and branch lumen sizes which match the patients vascular geometry. (google.com)
- 2014-10-20 - 3D Printed Face Prosthesis for Eye Cancer Patients - Made to cover hollow eye sockets, 3D printed flexible custom masks provide affordable, fast-production alternative to traditional prosthetics. (disabled-world.com)
- Total prosthetics, today increasingly also overdenture or hybrid prostheses, gives patients everything back, in the mouth and before. (candulor.com)
- Prosthesis helps restore the patients' selfesteem and confidence, hence affecting the patients and their life style [ 4 - 6 ]. (omicsonline.org)
- When patients have severe facial damage due to cancer or traumatic injury, the ability to wear a facial prosthesis can be life-changing. (xrite.com)
- Results show the Argus II prosthesis provides visual function to patients with end-stage retinitis pigmentosa. (asrs.org)
- Using these sensations as feedback during bidirectional prosthesis control, the patients were able to perform several functional tasks that would not be possible otherwise, such as applying one of three levels of force on an external sensor. (nature.com)
- Growing demand for customized devices combined with an expansion of technological innovation drives the major progress in personalized medicine expressed e.g. by the production of small series of individually-selected doses and tailor-made prostheses meet the anatomical needs of patients. (drugpatentwatch.com)
- BACKGROUND The purpose of this study was to report the preoperative complaints and postoperative outcome of patients after removal of the radial head prosthesis. (uzh.ch)
- METHODS This is a retrospective review of 14 adult patients (6 females and 8 males) from 2007 to 2011, who underwent radial head prosthesis removal by three surgeons. (uzh.ch)
- The giant V-wave of MR on the initial PCWP tracing was completely effaced after deployment of the prosthesis in both patients ( Figure 3 ). (onlinejacc.org)
- After completion of the protocol, both patients underwent conventional mitral valve replacement surgery during which the Tendyne prostheses were explanted without noting any damage to the mitral valve annulus, leaflets, or subvalvular apparatus from the transcatheter procedure. (onlinejacc.org)
- This low profile option provides you with a life-like hand prosthesis, giving you the option to add freckles, hair, and any other unique features that will make you feel more comfortable and confident. (ottobockus.com)
- they generally require a facial prosthesis to restore function and appearance. (omicsonline.org)
- This is the largest study of a visual prosthesis to date, with more than 125 cumulative patient-years of follow-up. (asrs.org)
- An orbital implant is placed after removal of the eye to restore volume to the eye socket and enhance movement or motility of an ocular prosthesis and eyelids. (wikipedia.org)
- Later, once the conjunctiva have healed and post-operative swelling has subsided, an ocular prosthesis can be placed to provide the appearance of a natural eye. (wikipedia.org)
- The external portion of the ocular prosthesis is painted and finished to mimic a natural eye color, shape and luster. (wikipedia.org)
- The two part system of orbital implant and ocular prosthesis provides a stable, and well tolerated aesthetic restoration of the eye socket. (wikipedia.org)
- Although vision is not restored by removal of the eye with placement of an orbital implant and ocular prosthesis, a natural appearance can result. (wikipedia.org)
- The implant, along with the attached, visible ocular prosthesis, can be moved by intact extraocular muscles that will track or move simultaneously with the other eye. (wikipedia.org)
- versions of which have been made for thousands of- years although science continues to experiment with radical technologies: the ocular prosthesis, obviously, originates in response to injury. (cabinetmagazine.org)
- Current clinically available prostheses are "open loop" systems, and although considerable effort has been focused on developing biofeedback to "close the loop," there is evidence from laboratory-based studies that other factors, notably improving predictability of response, may be as, if not more, important. (frontiersin.org)
- Amongst the most common reasons cited for this reaction is the lack of sensory feedback associated with currently available prostheses, forcing users to rely on vision to guide their movements 3 . (nature.com)
- For partial prostheses, the Custom silicone prosthesis tapers into your existing limb to create a realistic, natural looking prosthesis. (ottobockus.com)
- An artificial limb is called a, 'prosthesis. (disabled-world.com)
- A prosthesis might be attached to a person's residual limb through a number of methods. (disabled-world.com)
- Some people who have a limb loss feel the most important feature of a prosthesis is for it to closely resemble the limb they have lost. (disabled-world.com)
- Touch Bionics strongly believes in a comprehensive approach to the care of people and works closely with clinicians all over the world to determine whether or not a person is a good candidate for an advanced prosthesis such as their, 'i-limb digits,' or, 'i-limb ultra,' or if they are better suited to a passively functional prosthesis such as, 'livingskin. (disabled-world.com)
- i-Limb Digits,' is a fully customized electronic prosthesis for people who are missing fingers or partial hands. (disabled-world.com)
- There are a number of ways to create an i-limb digits prosthesis, although the goal is always the same - to provide the person with a solution that will increase their independence and function. (disabled-world.com)
- The i-limb ultra prosthetic hand is designed for people who want more from their prosthesis. (disabled-world.com)
- With the i-limb ultra, the prosthesis moves and looks more like a natural hand than any other powered prosthetic hand. (disabled-world.com)
- Archaeologist's found evidence of prostheses in Ancient Rome that were made to replace missing lower limbs.These devices date back to 300 B.C and were made from wooden core coated with hammered metal plates.The replacement limb was the strapped with leather to the remaining stump and used to replicate normal ambulation. (mixbook.com)
- Using the technology of the University of Houston chapter , Rafael received a prosthesis, or a prosthetic limb, earlier this year. (thedailycougar.com)
- Using a simple upper limb functional task prosthesis users are assessed for (1) success of task completion, (2) task duration, (3) quality of movement, and (4) gaze behavior. (frontiersin.org)
- Statistics relating to the prevalence of limb absence and provision of prostheses are poor. (frontiersin.org)
- This problem is so pronounced, that some users prefer to use body powered prostheses, where the cables used to actuate the limb provide some rudimentary form of indirect sensory feedback 4 . (nature.com)
- People unhappy with the way they look have been using plastic surgery to change their appearance for years, but now they can take their obsession to a whole new level by changing the color of their eyes through a controversial procedure known as artificial iris implant . (odditycentral.com)
- Pioneered by Dr. Kenneth Rosenthal, as a way to correct various eye defects (heterochromia, ocular albinism, etc.), the artificial iris implant procedure is now also being advertised as cosmetic surgery for people who want to permanently change the color of their eyes. (odditycentral.com)
- Unlike other laser-based procedures that remove a layer of melanin from the iris in order to permanently change its color, BrightOcular claims their iris implant can easily be removed in case of complications or if the patient so desires. (odditycentral.com)
- 46-year-old Angel S., an unemployed freight worker in Chicago, got artificial iris implant surgery in 2012, changing his dark brown eyes to light grey, a color he had always been crazy about. (odditycentral.com)
- Guttal SS, Bangera BS, Kudva A, Patil BR, Thakur S (2016) Unique Magnetic Attachment Designed for a Solitary Dental Implant Retaining Silicone Nose Prosthesis. (omicsonline.org)
- This clinical report describes the rehabilitation of a large mid-facial nose defect with a dental implant retained nasal prosthesis. (omicsonline.org)
- This clinical report describes the rehabilitation of a large midfacial defect using an implant retained nasal prosthesis. (omicsonline.org)
Lightweight Breast Forms1
- Lightweight Breast Forms (prosthesis) are fast becoming a major trend for breast prosthesis, with such forms being anywhere from 20%-35% lighter than regular silicone forms. (makemeheal.com)
- A breast prosthesis will help restore the body's natural balance and posture. (dana-farber.org)
- Technique used to restore a discolored tooth to its natural color. (manitoudental.ca)
- Artificial arms and legs, or prostheses, are intended to restore a degree of normal function to amputees. (encyclopedia.com)
- Accurate color matching of maxillofacial prostheses to skin is important for esthetics . (bvsalud.org)
- This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Maxillofacial Prosthesis" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Maxillofacial Prosthesis" was a major or minor topic of these publication. (harvard.edu)
- Below are the most recent publications written about "Maxillofacial Prosthesis" by people in Profiles. (harvard.edu)
- Effect of opacifiers on color stability of pigmented maxillofacial silicone A-2186 subjected to artificial aging. (harvard.edu)
- The company's products include myoelectric prosthetic hand and prosthetic finger solutions, and passive silicone prostheses that closely match the natural appearance of the person. (disabled-world.com)
- Dr. Paravina is a founder and past president of the Society for Color and Appearance in Dentistry (SCAD), director in the Executive Council of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (AAED), and fellow of SCAD, AAED, and the American Association for Dental Research (AADR). (wikipedia.org)
- He has lectured nationally and internationally on various topics associated with color and appearance in esthetic dentistry and has given over 150 invited presentations and CE programs on all continents. (wikipedia.org)
- The present invention relates to a method for insertion of photo absorptive and/or photo reactive material within the cornea of an eye, specifically within the stroma, for modifying eye color and other aspects of appearance, normalizing iris deficiencies and structure, absorbing radiation, and correcting aberrational corneal anatomy. (google.com)
- Background: The final goal of color measurement or shade specification in dentistry is the reproduction by prosthetic materials of all important appearance characteristics of natural oral structures. (eurekaselect.com)
- Custom-made color-matched iris prosthesis from Dr. Schmidt Company was implanted for the surgical coloboma and resulted in good cosmetic appearance. (aao.org)
- This type of breast prosthesis is designed to be worn over your own breast tissue to enhance the overall size of the breast and to create a fuller appearance. (nyhq.org)
- During an individual 30-minute fitting, women can try on mastectomy bras and breast prostheses with assistance from a trained fitter. (lungcancer.org)
- We're able to provide two mastectomy bras and a breast prosthesis free of charge. (lungcancer.org)
- Post-mastectomy (or simply mastectomy) bras resemble regular bras but with one important difference - they have spandex stretch pockets on the inside which help hold and keep the breast prosthesis in place. (nyhq.org)
- A physician's prescription for your breast prosthesis and mastectomy bras is necessary for insurance purposes. (nyhq.org)
- Q: Will my insurance pay for my prosthesis and mastectomy bras? (nyhq.org)
- Will my insurance cover my breast prosthesis and prosthetic bras? (dana-farber.org)
- For breast prostheses, get a prescription from your doctor stating your diagnosis, right or left breast prosthesis, and prosthetic bras. (dana-farber.org)
- Medicare covers bras and prostheses as medically necessary. (dana-farber.org)
- Most insurance companies cover breast prostheses and bras. (dana-farber.org)
- The Kista swimming dress with prosthesis pockets is cute and flattering for the figure. (anita.com)
Mitral valve annulus1
- a double velour fabric sheath substantially encapsulating the spine, the double velour fabric being joined to the spine and extending laterally away from the open ring to form an appendage, both top and bottom of said appendage presenting double velour fabric so as to come into direct contact with surrounding tissue when the prosthesis is in place within the mitral valve annulus. (google.es)
- This page contains the full list of articles and documents from the Disabled World Prostheses and Prosthetics category. (disabled-world.com)
- The following Post-Surgery, Leisure/Sleep, Exercise Foam Breast Forms (prosthesis) are primarily foam forms that are designed specifically for casual wear, leisure activites, resting or sleepwear, sports activities and wearing immediately after surgery. (makemeheal.com)
- Breast prostheses usually come in silicone, foam, or fiberfill and are worn inside the bra or are attached to the body with a special adhesive. (dana-farber.org)
- A non-silicone breast prosthesis is a light-weight breast form, made of foam or fiberfill, which may be worn following a mastectomy. (nyhq.org)
- Partial breast prosthesis, also called shaper or shell is a breast form made of foam, fiberfill, or silicone. (nyhq.org)
- 2016-03-08 - Bionic Fingertip Allows Amputee to Feels Texture - Results provide new and accelerated avenues for developing bionic prostheses, enhanced with sensory feedback. (disabled-world.com)
- Sullivan's bionic arm represents an advance over typical artificial arms, like the right-arm prosthesis he uses, which has a hook and operates with sequential motions. (latimes.com)
- The invention relates to colouring hydrogel objects to introduce colours desired for either protective masking or cosmetic purposes, and more particularly to colouring medical devices, such as ophthalmic contact lenses, for cosmetic or prosthetic reasons, or to protect the eyes from excessive light. (google.ca)
- A prosthesis may be designed to provide a person with functional or cosmetic benefits. (disabled-world.com)
- Fact.MR has published a new research report titled "Organic Color Cosmetic Products Market Projected to Experience Major Revenue Boost during the Period between 2017-2022" to its online database that tries to unveil the various scenarios prevailing in the Organic Color Cosmetic Products Market . (express-press-release.net)
- This assessment delivers a smart compilation of primary and secondary data which provides a clear insight about the future plans expected to impact the Organic Color Cosmetic Products Market. (express-press-release.net)
- Organic color cosmetic products are manufactured by using organic ingredients, and are devoid of any chemicals. (express-press-release.net)
- Majority of organic color cosmetic products comprise of plant-derived ingredients such as essential oils, flowers, roots and herbs. (express-press-release.net)
- Organic color cosmetic products are perceived to be more beneficial and safer than the conventional color cosmetic products, which comprise synthetic ingredients. (express-press-release.net)
- The variety in organic color cosmetic products has increased significantly, with several manufacturers taking efforts for producing a wide range of products through constant innovations and upgradation that attract customers. (express-press-release.net)
- Various companies are constantly advertising their organic color cosmetic products on social networking sites including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter through beauty bloggers for increasing their brand awareness. (express-press-release.net)
- Adoption organic color cosmetic products has witnessed a considerable upsurge, with governments across the globe taking initiatives on spreading awareness about these products and promoting & encouraging their utilisation. (express-press-release.net)
- In addition, the governments are also imposing regulatory policies and safety legislations for improving the quality of organic color cosmetic products. (express-press-release.net)
- Noting the rising demand for organic color cosmetic products, and increasing number of startups, the predominant industries are entering into M&A activities for expansion of their businesses. (express-press-release.net)
- A latest research study by Fact.MR projects the global organic color cosmetic products market to register a high single-digit CAGR during the forecast period, 2017 to 2022. (express-press-release.net)
- The global organic color cosmetic products market will bring in revenues over US$ 30,000 Mn by 2022-end. (express-press-release.net)
- On the basis of price, premium organic color cosmetic products will continue to be preferred by customers. (express-press-release.net)
- Revenues from premium organic color cosmetic products are projected to account for approximately two-third market share in 2017, and will further gain a substantial rise in market share by 2022-end. (express-press-release.net)
- Sales of economic organic color cosmetic products will exhibit a steady expansion through 2022. (express-press-release.net)
- Specialty stores are anticipated to remain the largest distribution channel for organic color cosmetic products, owing to factors such as availability of larger product portfolio, and provision of support, advice and information from expert personnel of customer service. (express-press-release.net)
- That is why customers highly prefer purchasing organic color cosmetic products from specialty stores. (express-press-release.net)
- Modern trade and mono brand stores will also remain lucrative distribution channels for organic color cosmetic products. (express-press-release.net)
- Nail products are expected to be second most lucrative product segment in the global organic color cosmetic products market. (express-press-release.net)
- The hydrogel may be rendered opaque by precipitation in situ of a white or yellow water-insoluble, inorganic or organic material e.g. barium sulphate or an optical brightener and then colored with a suitable dyestuff. (google.ca)
- According to amputees, sensory feedback is amongst the most important features lacking from commercial prostheses. (nature.com)
- The artificial iris is a thin, non-toxic prosthesis made of the same ophthalmic grade silicone used in intraocular lenses. (odditycentral.com)
- Under processor control, the color measurement may be made at a predetermined height and angle. (google.com)
- Every attempt is made to match your skin color as closely as possible. (ottobockus.com)
- Prostheses are made from naturally occurring extracellular matrix, primarily collagen, that, allows for mammographic imaging without interference as is expected from synthetic materials. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Angel says the natural color of his eyes depressed him so much that he would often refrain from looking in the mirror in the morning, because seeing the dark eyes made him think it was going to be a dark day for him. (odditycentral.com)
- The Circleg prosthesis is made of recycled polypropylene (PP) post-consumer plastic waste. (jamesdysonaward.org)
- An external silicone breast prosthesis is a weighted prosthesis, made of silicone, which is designed to simulate natural breast tissue. (nyhq.org)
- He joined the faculty at Indiana University in Bloomington, where he first made a name for himself by describing the brain mechanisms behind color vision. (berkeley.edu)
- LATISSE® use may cause increased brown pigmentation of the colored part of the eye which is likely permanent. (thesandiegoplasticsurgeon.com)
- To evaluate, in large abdominal wall defects surgically shaped in rats, if a synthetic polypropylene nonwoven prosthesis could be used as a therapeutic option to conventional polypropylene mesh. (scielo.br)
- Group 1 (Simulation group) with an abdominal wall defect of 3 X 3 left untreated and Groups 2 and 3, respectively treated with a conventional polypropylene mesh and a polypropylene nonwoven (NWV) prosthesis to cover the breach. (scielo.br)
- In rats, the polypropylene nonwoven prosthesis showed to be safe and has to be considered as an alternative to conventional mesh manufactured by weaving in the treatment of great defects of the abdominal wall. (scielo.br)
- Thanks to the use of the polypropylene composite material, the Circleg prosthesis only weighs 1.5 kg being a lot lighter than existing low-cost prosthesis and therefore significantly improving comfort. (jamesdysonaward.org)
- The prostheses are arcuate and elongate optionally meshed to conform with breast tissue when implanted. (freepatentsonline.com)
- a tooth used for support or anchorage of a fixed or removable prosthesis. (manitoudental.ca)
- The prosthesis protects the surgical wound from being exposed and gives the hornbill's natural casque time to regrow, a process that can take up to a year. (straitstimes.com)
- Rehabilitation of such defects subsequent to surgery is done in a sequential manner, which includes a surgical, provisional, and definitive prosthesis [ 3 ]. (omicsonline.org)
- K. Yamada and G. Pezzotti, "Environmental Phase Stability of Ceramics Composite for Hip Prostheses in Presence of Surface Damage", Key Engineering Materials, Vols. (scientific.net)
- It is reinforced with glass fibres to create a composite material that meets the high-performance requirements of a leg prosthesis. (jamesdysonaward.org)
- A breast prosthesis or breast form is an artificial breast used after a surgery in which the breast has been removed or altered. (dana-farber.org)
- A breast prosthesis is weighted and helps keep the body symmetrical when breast surgery results in an imbalance. (dana-farber.org)
- How soon after surgery can I be fitted for my breast prosthesis? (dana-farber.org)
- After surgery, your surgeon will recommend the appropriate time for you to start wearing a prosthesis. (nyhq.org)
- Color measuring systems and methods such as for determining the color or other characteristics of teeth are disclosed. (google.com)
- Methods: Literature on color science was reviewed to present new metrics to evaluate color differences of dental materials and dental structures. (eurekaselect.com)
- Color science: Concepts and methods, quantitative data and formulae. (eurekaselect.com)
- These methods will later be used to assess a prosthesis user cohort to establish the relative contribution of each control factor to the individual measures of functionality and everyday usage (using multiple regression models). (frontiersin.org)
- An improved valve prosthesis for mitral and tricuspid heart valves, the valve prosthesis being configurated as an open ring and covered with a double velour fabric having a laterally projecting fabric appendage for simultaneously facilitating suturing the prosthesis in place and improving tissue inf. (google.es)
- a double velour fabric sheath substantially encapsulating the spine, the velour fabric being joined to the spine so as to come into direct contact with surrounding tissue when the prosthesis is in place within the tricuspid valve annulus. (google.es)
- The Tendyne mitral prosthesis (Tendyne Holdings, Roseville, Minnesota) is a fully retrievable, apically tethered trileaflet porcine pericardial valve sewn onto a nitinol frame ( Figure 1 ). (onlinejacc.org)
- Wang J, Lin J, Gil M, Seliger A, Da Silva JD, Ishikawa-Nagai S. Assessing the accuracy of computer color matching with a new dental porcelain shade system. (harvard.edu)
- Ishikawa-Nagai S, Wang J, Seliger A, Lin J, Da Silva J. Developing a custom dental porcelain shade system for computer color matching. (harvard.edu)
- Dozic A, Voit NF, Zwartser R, Khashayar G, Aartman I. Color coverage of a newly developed system for color determination and reproduction in dentistry. (harvard.edu)
- A computerized color matching system specific to human skin has recently been developed. (bvsalud.org)
- The purpose of this study was to evaluate the accuracy in color and translucency matching of the computerized color matching system across different skin colors . (bvsalud.org)
- The computerized color matching system specific to human skin was found to be reliable in terms of color and translucency between target skin colors and replicate skin color . (bvsalud.org)
- Radiopaque markers on the prostheses promote alignment between prosthetic modules and with the body lumen system. (google.com)
- Subsequently, we designed and developed a prosthesis system tailored to the Kenyan context. (jamesdysonaward.org)
- Such a leg prosthesis system ensures that even the poorest can afford an urgently needed leg prosthesis. (jamesdysonaward.org)
- With a variety of textures, lengths and colors, and sizes, custom tailor a perfect fit hair system just right for you! (vitashairstudio.com)
- Three subjects were able to perceive two different colors at the same time using different stimulation parameters. (arvojournals.org)
- Which material is considered the optimum for a three-unit fixed prosthesis at this time? (dentaleconomics.com)
- The bra comes in a variety of attractive colors and styles and can be fitted at the same time as your breast prosthesis fitting. (dana-farber.org)
- Making an appointment for a compression garment, wig, breast prosthesis, or bra fitting is helpful to us so we can give you our full attention and reduce your wait time. (dana-farber.org)
- 1: Mrs. Whitley's 7th grades students researched the use of prostheses in different time periods of history. (mixbook.com)
- Each officer heads a different project, Bahrt said, because they are usually working on multiple prostheses at a time. (thedailycougar.com)
- This is due to the fact that everyone sees color differently, color perception is dependent on lighting conditions, and physical swatches can be damaged or deteriorate over time. (xrite.com)
- The purpose of this study was to evaluate the safety of an alternative follow-up modality with color flow duplex ultrasound scanning (CDU) as the sole method of imaging. (biomedsearch.com)
- The application of color science in dentistry is an objective way to measure and evaluate such structures and dental materials in clinical practice and dental research. (eurekaselect.com)
- With the RM200QC always in your pocket or purse, you'll always be ready to accurately evaluate color - anytime, anywhere. (xrite.com)
- To evaluate prosthesis user functionality, four different outcome measures are assessed. (frontiersin.org)
- PURPOSE: To retrospectively evaluate the 6-year survival rates and technical/ biologic complication rates of single-retainer glass-ceramic resin-bonded fixed dental prostheses (RBFDPs). (uzh.ch)
- The invention can be used to determine the color to be given to a dental prosthesis, for example, on the basis of color measurements performed on adjacent teeth in the mouth of the patient. (google.com.au)
- The invention is particularly suitable for determining the color of dental prostheses. (google.com.au)
- A method of producing dental prostheses based on measured data also is disclosed. (google.com)
- Accurate color selection of direct or indirect dental restorations is a subjective task. (bvsalud.org)
- The objective was to use photographs taken with smartphones to guide the dental surgeon in choosing the right color in oral rehabilitation . (bvsalud.org)
- Based on the explosion of new restorative materials on the dental market, the decision regarding which type of material to use for three-unit anterior fixed prostheses has become more difficult. (dentaleconomics.com)
- He has developed Dental Color Matcher, a free online evaluating training program for esthetic dentistry, and the scientific protocol for evaluating the "chameleon effect" of dental materials. (wikipedia.org)
- dental tooth-colored systems as PEEK. (bioportfolio.com)
- dental prostheses. (bioportfolio.com)
- The revised and new CIEDE2000 color-difference formula is expected to fully replace the outdated CIELAB formula in almost all dental applications. (eurekaselect.com)
- Chu SJ, Trushkowsky RD, Paravina RD. Dental color matching instrumentals and systems. (eurekaselect.com)
- The present invention provides modular bifurcated intraluminal tubular prostheses, particularly stents and stent-grafts, for the treatment of disease conditions, particularly aneurysms. (google.com)
- The mean translucency parameter of replicate skin colors was significantly higher than that of translucency parameter. (bvsalud.org)
- Yet, the Oxy-Iso glasses do have downsides for those with correct color vision, in that while veins are easier to spot, other colors can look significantly off. (medgadget.com)
- There are various types of post-mastectomy and lumpectomy prostheses, also called breast forms. (nyhq.org)
- Intraoral examination revealed a fixed prosthesis in relation to the upper left posterior teeth. (hindawi.com)
- With sophisticated sensors and motors, the BiOM mimics the human gait more closely than other prostheses can. (smithsonianmag.com)
- Dr Hsu Li Chieh from The Animal Clinic using a drill guide to fix the 3D-printed 46g prosthesis on the beak of the hornbill. (straitstimes.com)
- Women with breast cancer who have had a mastectomy are eligible to receive mastectomy supplies free of charge from Cancer Care 's Breast Prosthesis Clinic. (lungcancer.org)
- All of the comments on the following alternatives are based on the assumption that the restorations are fabricated in the correct manner and that they will be used in anterior fixed prostheses . (dentaleconomics.com)
- Prosthesis Coloring" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) . (harvard.edu)