Biological Science Disciplines
All of the divisions of the natural sciences dealing with the various aspects of the phenomena of life and vital processes. The concept includes anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and biophysics, and the biology of animals, plants, and microorganisms. It should be differentiated from BIOLOGY, one of its subdivisions, concerned specifically with the origin and life processes of living organisms.
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
National Academy of Sciences (U.S.)
A United States organization of distinguished scientists and engineers established for the purpose of investigating and reporting upon any subject of art or science as requested by any department of government. The National Research Council organized by NAS serves as the principal operating agency to stimulate and support research.
Translational Medical Research
Laboratory Animal Science
Academies and Institutes
Specialists in the management of a library or the services rendered by a library, bringing professional skills to administration, organization of material and personnel, interpretation of bibliothecal rules, the development and maintenance of the library's collection, and the provision of information services.
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (U.S.)
Component of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH. It conducts and supports basic and applied research to reduce the burden of human illness and dysfunction from environmental causes by, defining how environmental exposures, genetic susceptibility, and age interact to affect an individual's health. It was established in 1969.
National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
Library Collection Development
Development of a library collection, including the determination and coordination of selection policy, assessment of needs of users and potential users, collection use studies, collection evaluation, identification of collection needs, selection of materials, planning for resource sharing, collection maintenance and weeding, and budgeting.
Facility Design and Construction
Architecture, exterior and interior design, and construction of facilities other than hospitals, e.g., dental schools, medical schools, ambulatory care clinics, and specified units of health care facilities. The concept also includes architecture, design, and construction of specialized contained, controlled, or closed research environments including those of space labs and stations.
Journal Impact Factor
Congresses as Topic
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of references and citations to books, articles, publications, etc., generally on a single subject or specialized subject area. Databases can operate through automated files, libraries, or computer disks. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, FACTUAL which is used for collections of data and facts apart from bibliographic references to them.
Communication, in the sense of cross-fertilization of ideas, involving two or more academic disciplines (such as the disciplines that comprise the cross-disciplinary field of bioethics, including the health and biological sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences and law). Also includes problems in communication stemming from differences in patterns of language usage in different academic or medical disciplines.
Textbooks as Topic
A computerized biomedical bibliographic storage and retrieval system operated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. MEDLARS stands for Medical Literature Analysis and Retrieval System, which was first introduced in 1964 and evolved into an online system in 1971 called MEDLINE (MEDLARS Online). As other online databases were developed, MEDLARS became the name of the entire NLM information system while MEDLINE became the name of the premier database. MEDLARS was used to produce the former printed Cumulated Index Medicus, and the printed monthly Index Medicus, until that publication ceased in December 2004.
Animal Nutrition Sciences
Peer Review, Research
The evaluation by experts of the quality and pertinence of research or research proposals of other experts in the same field. Peer review is used by editors in deciding which submissions warrant publication, by granting agencies to determine which proposals should be funded, and by academic institutions in tenure decisions.
Medical Laboratory Science
Library Technical Services
Academic Medical Centers
Allergy and Immunology
Education, Medical, Undergraduate
Information Storage and Retrieval
Access to Information
Body of knowledge related to the use of organisms, cells or cell-derived constituents for the purpose of developing products which are technically, scientifically and clinically useful. Alteration of biologic function at the molecular level (i.e., GENETIC ENGINEERING) is a central focus; laboratory methods used include TRANSFECTION and CLONING technologies, sequence and structure analysis algorithms, computer databases, and gene and protein structure function analysis and prediction.
School Admission Criteria
Spread and adoption of inventions and techniques from one geographic area to another, from one discipline to another, or from one sector of the economy to another. For example, improvements in medical equipment may be transferred from industrial countries to developing countries, advances arising from aerospace engineering may be applied to equipment for persons with disabilities, and innovations in science arising from government research are made available to private enterprise.
Diffusion of Innovation
Medicine in Literature
Students, Health Occupations
Terminology as Topic
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Conflict of Interest
A situation in which an individual might benefit personally from official or professional actions. It includes a conflict between a person's private interests and official responsibilities in a position of trust. The term is not restricted to government officials. The concept refers both to actual conflict of interest and the appearance or perception of conflict.
Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
Principles, models, and laws that apply to complex interrelationships and interdependencies of sets of linked components which form a functioning whole, a system. Any system may be composed of components which are systems in their own right (sub-systems), such as several organs within an individual organism.
Human Genome Project
The attempt to improve the PHENOTYPES of future generations of the human population by fostering the reproduction of those with favorable phenotypes and GENOTYPES and hampering or preventing BREEDING by those with "undesirable" phenotypes and genotypes. The concept is largely discredited. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
Interior Design and Furnishings
Computer Communication Networks
Nutritional Physiological Phenomena
College Admission Test
Bibliography as Topic
Discussion of lists of works, documents or other publications, usually with some relationship between them, e.g., by a given author, on a given subject, or published in a given place, and differing from a catalog in that its contents are restricted to holdings of a single collection, library, or group of libraries. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
National Institute of General Medical Sciences (U.S.)
Component of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH. It conducts and supports basic biomedical research that is not targeted to specific diseases and funds studies on genes, proteins, and cells, as well as on fundamental processes like communication within and between cells and metabolism. It was established in 1962.
An organized procedure carried out by a select committee of professionals in evaluating the performance of other professionals in meeting the standards of their specialty. Review by peers is used by editors in the evaluation of articles and other papers submitted for publication. Peer review is used also in the evaluation of grant applications. It is applied also in evaluating the quality of health care provided to patients.
The interdisciplinary science that studies evolutionary biology, including the origin and evolution of the major elements required for life, their processing in the interstellar medium and in protostellar systems. This field also includes the study of chemical evolution and the subsequent interactions between evolving biota and planetary evolution as well as the field of biology that deals with the study of extraterrestrial life.
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
"We prepare …". Augustana University. "The Froiland Science Complex". Augustana University. Retrieved August 21, 2015. " ... "Building the Sciences". Augustana University. Archived from the original on October 16, 2010. Retrieved November 1, 2010. " ... Construction began on the new Froiland Science Complex in August 2014, involving additions to and renovations of the existing ... "Construction Set to Begin on Froiland Science Complex". Augustana University. Retrieved August 21, 2015. David Boyce (Mar 26, ...
1920 Vanderbilt Commodores football team
"Jackets Prepare For Vanderbilt". The Columbus Ledger. October 13, 1920. cf. "Want Cody To Coach". The Christian Science Monitor ... Nearly two full teams, and two full backfields, were prepared by Dan McGugin for the contest, in order to keep his lighter ... "Vanderbilt To Build New Team". The Christian Science Monitor. January 6, 1920. ProQuest 510220583. "Vandy Football Men Are ...
Tropical Storm Keith (1988)
Staff Writer (1988-11-23). "Floridians prepare for weakened storm". The Christian Science Monitor. Brian Murphy (1988-11-22). " ... Residents prepared sandbags to prevent flooding along coastal areas, while boat owners worked to secure their boats. Some ... Two days before the storm struck Florida, emergency management workers began working to prepare for its onslaught. The next day ...
Conservation and restoration of fur objects
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (October 2012). "How to Prepare Pelts" (PDF). How to Prepare Pelts ... Leather is the "skin of an animal, with the hair removed, prepared for use by tanning or a similar process designed to preserve ... "It is safer to assume that all mammal and bird specimens collected and prepared before the 1980s may be contaminated with ... Berkeley, Calif.] : Division of Agricultural Sciences, University of California. "Caring for your collection , Icon". icon.org. ...
University of KwaZulu-Natal
... and Computer Science School of Clinical Medicine School of Laboratory Medicine and Medical Sciences School of Health Sciences ... Dell, Sharon (14 November 2008). "UKZN staff prepare for strike". The Witness. Retrieved 26 August 2011. Mbonambi, Gugu (9 ... Philosophy and Classics School of Arts School of Social Sciences School of Applied Human Sciences School of Built Environment ... and is ranked first in the country for physical sciences and engineering, second for computer science, and third for ...
... a science educator known for the television series Bill Nye the Science Guy. Ham challenged Nye to come to the museum to debate ... "Creation Museum: Prepare to Believe". The state-of-the-art 75,000-square-foot museum Duncan, Julie Ann (March 2009). Faith ... "campaign by the religious right to inject creationist teachings into science education". The National Center for Science ... Commenting on the ad campaign, Steven Newton of the National Center for Science Education said, "I think it's a real shame that ...
Perspectives on Psychological Science: a journal of the Association for Psychological Science, 2(1), 53-70. doi: 10.1111/j.1745 ... ISBN 978-1-135-85353-2.[pages needed] PREPaRE "About PREPaRE". National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). Retrieved ... PREPaRE provides educational professionals training in roles based on their participation in school safety and crisis teams. ... PREPaRE is one of the first comprehensive nationally available training curriculums developed by school-based professionals ...
2010 Atlantic hurricane season
Annual Report 2010-2011 (PDF). Hazard Management Cayman Islands (Report). Cayman Prepared. Retrieved January 20, 2017. " ... The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved January 20, 2017. John P. Cangialosi (November 17, 2010). Tropical Cyclone Report: ...
Donald Van Norman Roberts
Science: 4-5. "A Recession is Coming.. Be Prepared". CD/DVDASFE Resource Catalog, Pg 90, ARICBP1013200. Archived from the ... "Engineers and Sustainable Development". Prepared by the World Federation of Engineering Organizations' Committee on Technology ... Missouri University of Science and Technology: 30. Rogers, J. David; Kropp, Alan L. (July 2, 2015). "Pioneer engineering ... Missouri University of Science and Technology. Amadei, Bernard (Summer 2004). "Engineering for the Developing World". The ...
ISS National Lab
"Next Stop for Parkinson's Disease Research: Outer Space". Live Science. Retrieved 23 October 2018. "Prepare for the Digital ... National Academies Of Sciences, Engineering; Sciences, Division on Engineering Physical; Board, Space Studies; Board, ... the Laboratory conducts research in life sciences, physical sciences, technology development and remote sensing for a broad ... "Earth Science and Remote Sensing Onboard the ISS National Lab". iss-casis.org. CASIS. Retrieved 23 October 2018. This article ...
Gastroesophageal reflux disease
Elsevier Health Sciences. p. 130. ISBN 9780702070921. Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) is defined as 'gastrooesophageal ... Esophageal motility disorder Esophageal motility study Carroll, Will (14 October 2016). Gastroenterology & Nutrition: Prepare ... Springer Science & Business Media. p. 161. ISBN 9783211323175. Arcangelo, Virginia Poole; Peterson, Andrew M. (2006). ... Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. 32 (4): 258-64. doi:10.1016/j.tips.2011.02.007. PMID 21429600. "Best Sleeping Position For ...
... and then took a change of direction to complete a Master of Science degree in Earth Science at Monash University in 1981. He ... Prepare for the Worst". nybooks.com. The New York Review of Books. Retrieved 4 October 2016. review of Atmosphere of Hope: ... "Professor Timothy Fritjof Flannery". Australian Academy of Science. 2012. Now or Never: A sustainable future for Australia?. ... "2017: Professor Tim Flannery recognised for contribution to science, conservation - University of Wollongong - UOW". www.uow. ...
Potential cultural impact of extraterrestrial contact
Michaud, Michael A. G. (2007). "Annex: Preparing: Preparing Governments for Contact" (PDF). Contact with Alien Civilizations: ... Scientific literature and science fiction have put forward various models of the ways in which extraterrestrial and human ... Science fiction films often depict humans successfully repelling alien invasions, but scientists more often take the view that ... ISBN 978-0-387-28598-6. McKay, C. P. (2011). "The search for life in our Solar System and the implications for science and ...
"Element 98 Prepared". Science News Letter. 78 (26). December 1960. "The High Flux Isotope Reactor". Oak Ridge National ... Springer Science+Business Media. ISBN 978-0-7923-4359-2. Seaborg, Glenn T.; Loveland, Walter D. (1990). The Elements Beyond ... An article entitled "Facts and Fallacies of World War III" in the July 1961 edition of Popular Science magazine read "A ... Californium metal was first prepared in 1974 by Haire and Baybarz who reduced californium(III) oxide with lanthanum metal to ...
Kelly D. Suschinsky; Martin L. Lalumière (2010-12-28). "Prepared for Anything?". Psychological Science. 22 (2): 159-165. doi: ... and Science". Psychological Science in the Public Interest. 17 (2): 45-101. doi:10.1177/1529100616637616. PMID 27113562. Sexual ... Springer Science & Business Media. p. 47. ISBN 978-3-319-29412-4. Retrieved June 22, 2019. [R]esearch suggests that women's ... 1997). "Genetic and environmental contributions to variance in age at first sexual intercourse". Psychological Science. 8 (3): ...
Hungarian Astronautical Society
Prizes include participation in the Space Camp for free or for a reduced fee; science books and magazines; a visit to a ... Categories: writing essay; drawing; preparing project plan; creating video, website, Facebook page or blog. Small teams of two ... The participants are students between the age of 13 and 18, all interested in sciences and space topics. About quarter of the ... MANT in Hungarian) is a non-profit organization focusing on educational and informative activities on space science, founded in ...
The science of learning and the art of teaching. Harvard Educational Review 24, 86. Annett J. 1964. The role of knowledge of ... Preparing instructional objectives. Palo Alto CA: Fearon; 1997 edition by Atlanta, GA: The Center for Effective Performance. ... Instructional Science 2, 1-52. Jones, Susan J. (2003) Blueprint for student success: a guide to research-based teaching ... Educational technology, programmed learning and instructional science. In Hilgard E.R. (ed) Theories of learning and ...
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Nursing (RN-BSN; Bachelor's of Applied Science degrees in Applied Accounting, Data ... These programs prepare students for specific careers. Its highest enrolled programs are: Business and Accounting; Information ... Specific transfer degrees are offered in Arts & Sciences, Business, Elementary Education, Math Education, Music, and Science. ... Science; and Social Science. The number of students grew steadily through the '80s and '90s as the campus grew, and peaked ...
Ekundayo, J. A. (1969). "The production of pito, a Nigerian fermented beverage". International Journal of Food Science & ... "HOW TO PREPARE ASAANA(CARAMELIZED CORN DRINK)". Jess Kitchen. Retrieved 2019-07-13. "Time with the pito brewer". Graphic Online ...
Rif Dimashq offensive (November 2012-February 2013)
Blanford, Nicholas (26 January 2013). "Syrian sides prepare for key Damascus battle". The Daily Star. Retrieved 5 February 2013 ... Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 4 February 2013. "Syrian government strikes rebel-held suburb". USA Today. 3 January 2013 ...
Geographic information systems in China
Beijing Creation Science & Technology Development specializes in personalized data sets at any scale. They also prepare and ... The Chinese Academy of Sciences The Data Sharing Network of Earth System Science SuperMap is a stand-alone GIS program and data ... They provide datum and projection information and prepare data in either ESRI or MapInfo formats. ... Digital Spatial Data China DCW GIS data Chinese Academy of Sciences Center for GIS Industry Development International ...
"How to Prepare Okro Soup (Obe ila)". Habeeb Olonje. 2018-09-05. Retrieved 2019-06-03. Ihekoronye, A. I., and Ngoddy, P. O. ( ... Rees, D.; Farell, G. & Orchard, J. (2012). Crop Post-Harvest: Science and Technology, Perishables. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons. ... The particular yam specie best for preparing àmàlà is Dioscorea cayenensis because of its high starch content. Yam, the common ... Journal of Tropical Science. 41: 151-156 - via Google Scholar.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Badiru, I. & ...
Economics (Maîtrise + Diplôme d'études supérieures des Sciences économiques de la Faculté de droit et des sciences économiques ... Niem, Chheng (10 June 2019). "PM, Sar Kheng prepare French Rainsy case". The Phnom Penh Post. Retrieved 11 August 2019. CS1 ... Political Science (Diplôme de l'Institut d'études politiques de Paris) - 1971. ...
Science. 308 (5727): 1466-1469. Bibcode:2005Sci...308.1466A. doi:10.1126/science.1108190. PMID 15933200. S2CID 236588. Halpern ... The creation of an Annex XV dossier, which could ban the import of products containing these chemicals, was being prepared ... Public Concern, Not Science, Prompts Plastics Ban by Jon Hamilton, NPR. "OEHHA Proposition 65: Proposition 65 in Plain Language ... "Echa and Denmark to prepare phthalates restriction". "Registry of Intentions - ECHA". Ms. KFT Retrieved 22 December 2014 ...
Prairieview-Ogden Community Consolidated School District 197
Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved September 12, 2020. Cook, Anne (July 25, 2006). "Students, staff prepare for ...
Art of representation
It is taken from John Bulwer's Chironomia (1644). "When Acting is an Art" is the second chapter of An Actor Prepares ( ... The Player's Passion: Studies in the Science of Acting. Theater:Theory/Text/Performance Ser. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan ... It comes from his acting manual An Actor Prepares (1936). Stanislavski defines his own approach to acting as "experiencing the ... lies not in what an actor does when preparing for a role during the rehearsal process but rather what they do during their ...
Presentational and representational acting
An Actor Prepares. New York, Theatre Arts, Inc. ISBN 0-87830-983-7 It is worth qualifying this non-acknowledgment of the ... The Player's Passion: Studies in the Science of Acting. Theater:Theory/Text/Performance Ser. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan ... An Actor Prepares. London: Methuen, 1988. ISBN 0-413-46190-4. Weimann, Robert. 1978. Shakespeare and the Popular Tradition in ... Weimann (2000, 11). Stanislavski (1936, 21). "When Acting is an Art" is the second chapter of An Actor Prepares (Stanislavski ...
Equinox Summit: Energy 2030
HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared". Goliath.ecnext.com. 2009-11-10. Retrieved 2012-08-05. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter ( ... The summit was presented by the Waterloo Global Science Initiative (WGSI) to develop scientific and technological solutions for ... 1] Archived May 31, 2012, at the Wayback Machine "Waterloo Global Science Initiative Announced. , ... science and technology influencers, and media. The Quorum consisted of a panel of scientific experts representing different ...
End Times (book)
"Preparing for the unthinkable". Science. 365 (6459): 1254. Bibcode:2019Sci...365.1254B. doi:10.1126/science.aay4219. " ... Reviewing the book in Science, Seth Baum of the Global Catastrophic Risk Institute stated "Among the crowded collection of ... "five of the week's best science picks", and also made the August 2019 "Best Books" list by Time Magazine. Why The Future ...
"Preparing for new diseases". American Scientist. 82: 52-60. Levins, R (1996). "Ten propositions on science and antiscience". ... Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences Series. Volume 740. New York Academy of Sciences, New York, NY. Accessed 1/22/2016 ... and philosopher of science Weisberg, M. Richard Levins' Philosophy of Science, Biology and Philosophy, November 2006, Volume 21 ... Levins was elected member of the US National Academy of Sciences but resigned because of the Academy's role in advising the US ...
Socialist Sunday School
Socialist Party of America, How to Organize, Maintain, and Conduct the 'SSS' (Socialist Schools of Science, Sometimes ... The manual was prepared chiefly for the use of teachers. It contains specimen lessons and technique help to the teachers ...
... were not prepared to fight back. A movement of new unions began to emerge under a more independent model, while the former ... Right to science and culture. *Right to social security. *Right to water ...
Aromatic ketones can be prepared in the Friedel-Crafts acylation, the related Houben-Hoesch reaction, and the Fries ... Longman Science & Technical. pp. 612-623, 976-977, 982-983. ISBN 9780582462366. .. ... Acetone is prepared by air-oxidation of cumene. For specialized or small scale organic synthetic applications, ketones are ... In the Ruzicka cyclization, cyclic ketones are prepared from dicarboxylic acids.. *In the Nef reaction, ketones form by ...
Magnet programs may focus on academics (mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering; humanities; social sciences; fine or ... the goal is to prepare all of its students for college. ... These 2nd graders from Buchanan Math Science Magnet School in ... DeBakey High School for Health Professions in Houston, Texas is a magnet school specializing in medical sciences ...
"The Science of Nature. 105 (7-8). Bibcode:2018SciNa.105...47N. doi:10.1007/s00114-018-1571-z. Retrieved July 9, 2018.. ... when lacking time to prepare food, or as a social occasion (dining club). At their highest level of sophistication, these ... doi:10.1126/science.2740905. PMID 2740905.. *^ Geiser, Fritz (2010). "Aestivation in Mammals and Birds". In Navas, Carlos ... "Journal of Archaeological Science. 40 (12): 4139-4149. doi:10.1016/j.jas.2013.06.004.. ...
Harold E. Palmer
Palmer, H. E. (1917). A First Course in English Phonetics, including an Explanation of the Scope of the Science of Phonetics, ... to assist soldiers preparing for the invasion of Normandy. ... including an Explanation of the Scope of the Science of ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
"New School To Train Ships Officers" Popular Science, May 1935 *^ "A Brief History". Archived from the original on December 1, ... If the members of the board make other visits to the academy, the board may prepare a report on such visit; and if approved by ... Toward the end of 1st class (senior) year, midshipmen prepare for U.S. Coast Guard exams for a mandatory license as Third ... A Bachelor of Science degree,. *An Unlimited USCG License as a Merchant Marine Officer, either 3rd Mate or 3rd Assistant ...
doi:10.1126/science.272.5270.1882. PMID 8658156. S2CID 84869965.. *^ Capaldini L (August 1997). "Protease inhibitors' metabolic ... Merck did not have enough time to prepare enough drugs to distribute for all those who were infected. 650,000 to 900,000 people ... Cohen J (June 1996). "Protease inhibitors: a tale of two companies". Science. 272 (5270): 1882-3. Bibcode:1996Sci...272.1882C. ... published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of the Science about the idea of inhibiting the protease. On February ...
Lewis Joel Greene
"Protein Science. 8 (1): 13-24. doi:10.1110/ps.8.1.13. PMC 2144112. PMID 10210179.. ... "Characterization of protein hydrolysates prepared for enteral nutrition" (PDF). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 41 ...
... curd and its waste urine for preparing growth promoters. The Rishi Kheti is regarded as non-violent farming ...
"Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 101 (33): 11966-11970. Bibcode:2004PNAS.. ... However, it can be prepared either from vindoline and catharanthine or from leurosine, in both cases by synthesis of ... Springer Science & Business Media. pp. 25-52. doi:10.1007/128_2007_130. ISBN 9783540728795.. ... Comptes Rendus Hebdomadaires des Séances de l'Académie des Sciences. 247 (25): 2375-7. PMID 13619121.. ...
Group 3 element
... chemist Lars Fredrik Nilson and his team discovered the missing element in the minerals euxenite and gadolinite and prepared 2 ... Springer Science+Business Media. ISBN 1-4020-3555-1. .. ...
Positron emission tomography
Security, Institute for Science and International. "Institute for Science and International Security". isis-online.org.. ... Instead, the isotope must be prepared first, then afterward, the chemistry to prepare any organic radiotracer (such as FDG) ... "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 88 (5): 3223-3227. Bibcode:1991PNAS...88.3223M ... "Science Translational Medicine. 6 (259): 259ra146. doi:10.1126/scitranslmed.3009815. PMC 4327834. PMID 25338757.. ...
doi:10.1126/science.1092528. PMID 14726594. S2CID 43305484.. *^ Formenty P, Boesch C, Wyers M, Steiner C, Donati F, Dind F, et ... Bushmeat, an important source of protein in the diet of some Africans, should be handled and prepared with appropriate ... "Science Times. Archived from the original on 2 May 2015. Retrieved 3 May 2015.. ... January 2004). "Multiple Ebola virus transmission events and rapid decline of central African wildlife". Science. 303 (5656): ...
"Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment, College of Natural Sciences, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, USA. 14 ... C R C Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 18 (2): 123-201. doi:10.1080/10408398209527361.. ...
"Science News. Retrieved 2008-03-12.. *^ a b Felipe Fernandez Armesto (2003). Ideas that changed the world. Newyork: Dorling ... By around 200,000 BP, Middle Paleolithic stone tool manufacturing spawned a tool making technique known as the prepared-core ... doi:10.1126/science.1153569. ISSN 0036-8075. PMID 18339930.. *^ Lubbock, John (2005) . "4". Pre-Historic Times, as ... Science news. Retrieved 2008-01-03.. *^ Felipe Fernandez Armesto (2003). Ideas that changed the world. New York City: Dorling ...
Max J. Egenhofer (2002). Geographic Information Science: Second International Conference, GIScience 2002, Boulder, CO, USA, ... These design Engineers also prepare construction documents which are issued to specialist contractors to obtain a price for the ... Licensed architects and engineers who provide building design and prepare construction documents; ...
Prince Andrew, Duke of York
"Duke of York visits Northern Ireland Science Park". Gov.uk. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2018.. ... "Prince Andrew prepares for grim year ahead as 'sex abuse' claims refuse to go away". The Daily Telegraph. London. ... and political science. He did not go to university but instead entered the Britannia Royal Naval College at Dartmouth. ... to promote British science at CERN's 60th anniversary celebrations. In May 2018, he visited China and opened the [email protected] ...
"Preparing for Inversions". Yoga Journal (93): 68-77.. *^ a b Summers, Kathleen. "Sirsasana: Can You Bleed From the Headstand?" ... Science of yoga. *Sexual abuse by yoga gurus. *Yoga for children. *Yoga for women *Geeta Iyengar ...
Abortion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fetal Medicine: Basic Science and Clinical Practice (Elsevier Health Sciences 1999), page 835. ... This causes the breast to grow, and to prepare for lactation. In the 1890s, studies were done on rats, before this hypothesis ... Dr Koop said that the science we know does not show that induced abortions cause emotional problems for women who have them. ...
Chirality is easily incorporated by using 2-amino alcohols prepared by the reduction of amino acids; which are both optically ... Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry. 40 (2): 192-209. Bibcode:2002JPoSA..40..192K. doi:10.1002/pola.10090.. ... 2-Substituted oxazolines can be prepared by many methods and possess a moderately hard N-donor. ...
a b Ahmad Y. al-Hassan (2001), Science and Technology in Islam: Technology and applied sciences, pp. 65-69, UNESCO ... "Composition of Foods Raw, Processed, Prepared USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 26 Documentation ... "History of Science and Technology in Islam. Retrieved 2014-04-19.. *^ The Economist: "Liquid fire - The Arabs discovered how to ... According to a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, chemical analysis of the residue ...
"Live Science. Retrieved 26 April 2017.. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m Ruppert, Edward E.; Fox, Richard S.; Barnes, Robert D. ( ... The arms and sometimes other body parts are prepared in various ways, often varying by species or geography. Live octopuses are ... "Science. 331 (6014): 176-182. doi:10.1126/science.1199644. PMC 3279742 . PMID 21163965. Relevant data at Google Ngram Viewer.. ... doi:10.1126/science.1109616. PMID 15790846.. *^ Octopuses have only six arms, the other two are actually legs! Hindustan Times ...
Blackwell Science: Oxford, UK: 143-153.. *Kobayashi T, Abe K, Asai K, Gomi K, Uvvadi PR, Kato M, Kitamoto K, Takeuchi M, ... Sokujō (速醸), "quick fermentation", is the modern method of preparing the starter mash. Lactic acid, produced naturally in the ... Kimoto (生酛) is the traditional orthodox method for preparing the starter mash, which includes the laborious process of grinding ... "Sake Brewing: The Integration of Science and Technology" (PDF). The Story of Sake ...
Women's education in the United States
PhDs granted at UW-Madison Computer Sciences Department. *^ "UW-Madison Computer Science Ph.D.s Awarded, May 1965 - August 1970 ... and used the funds to support a grammar school to prepare boys for college. Not until after 1800 did Northampton educate girls ... "UW-Madison Computer Science Ph.D.s Awarded, May 1965 - August 1970". Retrieved 2010-11-08.. ... 1923: Virginia Proctor Powell Florence became the first African-American woman to earn a degree in library science. She earned ...
It can be best prepared by heating mercuric cyanide. It can also be prepared by heating silver cyanide, silver cyanate, ... "Journal of Polymer Science Part A (Submitted manuscript). 31 (10): 2595-2600. Bibcode:1993JPoSA..31.2595M. doi:10.1002/pola. ... cyanogen iodide or cyanuric iodide. It can also be prepared by the polymerization of cyanogen at 300 to 500 °C (572 to 932 ...
"Journal of Korean Medical Science. 31 Suppl 1: S24-31. doi:10.3346/jkms.2016.31.S1.S24. PMC 4756338. PMID 26908984.. .mw-parser ... A hand prepared to be X-rayed. Sources. Further information: X-ray generator ... "Journal of Medical Radiation Sciences. 63 (3): 148-54. doi:10.1002/jmrs.176. PMC 5016612. PMID 27648278.. ... Video on X-ray inspection and industrial computed tomography, Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences ...
"Science. 360 (6386): 310-313. doi:10.1126/science.aao5987. PMID 29674591.. *^ Syvitski, Jaia; Waters, Colin N.; Day, John; et ... have committed to preparing a Biodiversity Action Plan, a first step at identifying specific endangered species and habitats, ... doi:10.1126/science.aau0191. OCLC 7673137938. PMID 29880679. S2CID 46984172.. *^ a b c d e f Dirzo, Rodolfo; Young, Hillary S ... "Science. 269 (5222): 347-350. Bibcode:1995Sci...269..347P. doi:10.1126/science.269.5222.347. PMID 17841251. S2CID 35154695.. ...
Berlin: Springer Science & Business Media. ISBN 9781402063121. OCLC 213090571.. CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link) .mw- ... Lentils are used to prepare an inexpensive and nutritious soup all over Europe and North and South America, sometimes combined ... "Crop Profile for Lentils in Idaho". Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Science, University of Idaho (web site). 2000. ... Lentil flour is used to prepare several different bread varieties, for example Papadum. ...
"Israel Science and Technology Homepage. Retrieved 15 April 2007.. *^ a b c Lide, D. R., ed. (2005). CRC Handbook of Chemistry ... Elusive Binary Compound Prepared' Chemical & Engineering News 80 No. 20 (20 May 2002) ... Elsevier Health Sciences. p. 223. ISBN 978-1-56053-503-4. .. *^ a b c Winter, Mark. "WebElements Periodic Table of the Elements ... Bulletin of the Academy of Sciences, USSR Division of Chemical Science. 12 (6): 1040-1043. doi:10.1007/BF00845494.. ...
How to Prepare for a Doctor's Appointment | Live Science
Preparing for a doctors visit includes making a list of questions that you have, along with gathering information your doctor ... Live Science is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. ... Live Science is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Visit our corporate site. ... How to Prepare for a Doctors Appointment. By Fred Cicetti 30 May 2013. ...
Astronomers prepare for 2017 solar eclipse spectacle | Science News
How pathogenic bacteria prepare a sticky adhesion protein | EurekAlert! Science News
University of Georgia have described how the protein that allows strep and staph bacteria to stick to human cells is prepared ... How pathogenic bacteria prepare a sticky adhesion protein. American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology ... Modern technology and old-fashioned legwork solve science mystery Dartmouth College * How extreme environmental conditions ... EurekAlert! is a service of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. ...
Instructions for preparing an initial manuscript | Science | AAAS
1. W. Jones, B. Smith, [Article title goes here]. Science 10.1126/science.1054678 (2005). [published in Science First Release; ... Science Citation Style. For journal articles, list initials first for all authors, separated by a space (e.g., A. B. Opus, B. C ... See Science Citation Style below for details of citation style.. Acknowledgments should be gathered into a paragraph after the ... In addition, Science may ask authors of papers returned for revision to provide additional documentation of their primary data. ...
How T Cells Prepare for Battle Against Chronic Infection [audio] | EurekAlert! Science News
This material relates to a paper that appeared in the 19 January 2018, issue of [I]Science Immunology[/I], published by AAAS. ... How T Cells Prepare for Battle Against Chronic Infection. ... American Association for the Advancement of Science. Keywords. ... How T Cells Prepare for Battle Against Chronic Infection (audio). American Association for the Advancement of Science ... This material relates to a paper that appeared in the 19 January 2018, issue of Science Immunology, published by AAAS. The ...
Zika cases are down, but researchers prepare for the virus's return | Science News
New JoVE Science Education Videos Help Students Better Prepare for Lab Work and Chemistry Courses
... ... "Educators around the world value JoVE Science Education for its ability to uniquely visualize science in a format that students ... "Educators around the world value JoVE Science Education for its ability to uniquely visualize science in a format that students ... "JoVE Science Education is equally useful teaching complex scientific topics, like Chemistry as it is instructing on fundamental ...
Prepare A Sexually Receptive Female | Science 2.0
Please donate so science experts can write. for the public. At Science 2.0, scientists are the journalists,. with no political ... Did Science Just Create The Perfect Lullaby? * Young Women Seem Healthier Than Men, And If They Claim Heart Attack Symptoms ... Jenny Ruth Morber received her PhD in Material Science and Engineering (MSE) from Georgia Tech with a focus on One Dimensional ... We are a nonprofit science journalism. group operating under Section 501(c)(3). of the Internal Revenue Code thats. educated ...
Early Science Teams Prepare for Theta at Hands-on Workshop
16-19, the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF), a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science User Facility, ... The ALCFs Early Science Program is designed to prepare users for the facilitys new supercomputers, ensuring that projects and ... Early Science Teams Prepare for Theta at Hands-on Workshop. September 7, 2016 ... Chief Science Advisors and Science Foundation Leaders from the US, Ireland, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and ...
Tunable porous nanoallotropes prepared by post-assembly etching of binary nanoparticle superlattices | Science
Science 27 Oct 2017:. Vol. 358, Issue 6362, pp. 514-518. DOI: 10.1126/science.aan6046 ... Your Name) has forwarded a page to you from Science Message Body. (Your Name) thought you would like to see this page from the ... Science. 27 Oct 2017. : 514-518 Binary nanoparticle arrays are transformed into nanoporous materials by selectively etching out ... Science. 27 Oct 2017. : 514-518 Binary nanoparticle arrays are transformed into nanoporous materials by selectively etching out ...
Preparing Our Students for Success - USA Science and Engineering Festival: The Blog
USA Science and Engineering Festival: The Blog. Preparing Our Students for Success. Posted by carlyo of USA Science & ... Science Is A Family Affair: Spark Interest By Soothing Chapped Lips. Parents dont need a science degree to shape their childs ... Over 350,000 Attendees Celebrate Science at the 4th USA Science & Engineering Festival. Over the span of the Festival weekend ( ... I look forward to meeting some of those young people during the USA Science & Engineering Festival in Washington, D.C. on April ...
Multimedia Gallery - Preparing nanomaterial dispersion in sodium L-ascorbate solution | NSF - National Science Foundation
NSFs mission is to advance the progress of science, a mission accomplished by funding proposals for research and education ... Preparing nanomaterial dispersion in sodium L-ascorbate solution. Xiaofei Zhao prepares a Ti3C2 MXene (pronounced "Maxine") ... Research supported by National Science Foundation grant CMMI 17-60859.]. Learn more about this research in the Texas A&M ... Images credited to the National Science Foundation, a federal agency, are in the public domain. The images were created by ...
China's LAMOST Observatory Prepares for the Ultimate Test | Science
Chinas LAMOST Observatory Prepares for the Ultimate Test Message Subject. (Your Name) has forwarded a page to you from Science ... AAAS login provides access to Science for AAAS members, and access to other journals in the Science family to users who have ... Science 04 Apr 2008:. Vol. 320, Issue 5872, pp. 34-35. DOI: 10.1126/science.320.5872.34 ... Science. 04 Apr 2008. : 34-35 Engineers this month are installing the eyes and optic nerves of the Large Sky Area Multi-Object ...
Information Warfare: Time to Prepare | Issues in Science and Technology
All these factors make preparing for IW difficult.. But one factor makes preparing for IW harder than it needs to be. The ... "Information Warfare: Time to Prepare." Issues in Science and Technology 17, no. 2 (Winter 2001). ... not well-prepared terrorist or military threats. In effect, the commercial sector-our canary in the coal mine-is ill-prepared ... One difficulty in preparing to defend against IW is that the capabilities for such attacks are often easy to conceal, and the ...
Marian University Preparing Students for International Science Fair
... by Mark Apple , Jun 05, 2013 ... research project and prepare for participation in the Hoosier Science and Engineering Fair and the Intel International Science ... Marian Universitys School of Mathematics and Sciences is connecting this summer with middle school and high school students to ... guidance on independent research projects that will prepare students for participation in Intel ISEF affiliated science fairs. ...
Science/AAAS | Science Magazine: About the Journal: Information for Authors: Preparing Your Manuscript: Word 2007 Notes
Blink Science™ Prepares to Launch with a Handheld Biosensor, blinkTEST™, that Instantaneously Detects Viruses and Disease in...
PRNewswire/ -- Blink Science™ a new biotechnology, medical device company, will bring to market, blinkTEST™, a handheld ... Blink Science™ Prepares to Launch with a Handheld Biosensor, blinkTEST™, that Instantaneously Detects Viruses and Disease in ... Blink Science is developing a low-cost, high-tech device that will provide an immediate testing response. The system will ... Blink Science endeavors to bring high-tech, low-cost diagnostic tools to the global medical community, with the goal of ...
Preparing for surgery - Stock Image - M554/0522 - Science Photo Library
Preparing for surgery - Stock Image M554/0339 - Science Photo Library
Preparing for surgery. Surgeon putting on sterile latex surgical gloves. He is already wearing a sterile gown, and will have ... Credit: ANTONIA REEVE/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY. Caption: Preparing for surgery. Surgeon putting on sterile latex surgical gloves. ... preparing, procedure, royal infirmary, rubber, scotland, scottish, sterile, sterility, surgeon, surgery, surgical equipment, uk ...
Sport and the Brain: The Science of Preparing, Enduring and Winning, Part A, Volume 232 - 1st Edition
The Science of Preparing, Enduring and Winning, Part A, Volume 232 - 1st Edition. Print Book & E-Book. ISBN 9780128118276, ... Sport and the Brain: The Science of Preparing, Enduring and Winning, Part A, Volume 232 1st Edition. ... Sport and the Brain: The Science of Preparing, Enduring and Winning, Part A, Volume 231 reflects recent advancements in the ... Sport and the Brain: The Science of Preparing, Enduring and Winning, Part A ...
Preparing for New Competition in the Retail Industry: Computer Science & IT Book Chapter | IGI Global
A business case presents a retail company facing new competitors and consequently preparing a customer retention strategy. The ... Preparing for New Competition in the Retail Industry: 10.4018/978-1-60566-906-9.ch013: ... "Preparing for New Competition in the Retail Industry." Data Mining in Public and Private Sectors: Organizational and Government ... "Preparing for New Competition in the Retail Industry." In Data Mining in Public and Private Sectors: Organizational and ...
People, Get Ready: Preparing Students for Postsecondary Options: Social Sciences & Humanities Book Chapter | IGI Global
Preparing Students for Postsecondary Options: 10.4018/978-1-5225-7835-2.ch010: Education proves to be a positive and an ... "People, Get Ready: Preparing Students for Postsecondary Options." African American Suburbanization and the Consequential Loss ... "People, Get Ready: Preparing Students for Postsecondary Options." In African American Suburbanization and the Consequential ... People, Get Ready: Preparing Students for Postsecondary Options. Lauren Parish (YES Prep Eisenhower, USA). ...
Station Crew Prepares for Spacewalks, Works on Science | International Space Fellowship
Headlines , News , Station Crew Prepares for Spacewalks, Works on Science. Station Crew Prepares for Spacewalks, Works on ... preparing Pirs for its replacement with a new laboratory and docking module. Strela-1 was moved from Pirs to the Poisk Mini- ... Science. Published by Klaus Schmidt on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:16 am via: NASA ...
Methods for preparing nanotextured surfaces and applications thereof - The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
... various PMMA solutions were prepared. 30 μl of each PMMA solution was deposited on the silicon wafer prepared according to ... 25(a) and (b). For comparison, a similarly prepared comparative TiO2 film was shown in FIGS. 25(c) and (d). XPS analysis of the ... Nano-rings are prepared by removal of the polymer template by oxygen plasma at 473 K. SiO2 or TiO2 nano-rings are created ... 25(c) and (d) show the surface feature of a similarly prepared TiO2 film spin-coated on silicon for comparison. It can be seen ...
prepared slides for biology Archives · Super Science Fair Projects
Biology Science Fair Project Ideas , Biology Experiments for School Students Biology Prepared Slide Mini Set (set of 16 slides) ... Biology Science Fair Project Ideas , Biology Experiments for School Students Prepared Slide Mini Sets . All 8 Sets . 40 Fun ... Biology Science Fair Project Ideas , Biology Experiments for School Students PS01 Prepared Slides Elementary Level , Kids ... Biology Science Fair Project Ideas , Biology Experiments for School Students PS02 Prepared Slides Intermediate Level , Middle ...
It's Time to Prepare for Peak Phosphorus | Australasian Science Magazine
Christian Science Monitor Interview Part 2: Preparing the newsroom for a paperless future - Editors Weblog
Christian Science Monitor Interview Part 2: Preparing the newsroom for a paperless future ... Christian Science Monitor Interview Part 2: Preparing the newsroom for a paperless future ... Following on from Part 1 of our interview with the Editor-in-Chief of the Christian Science Monitor, John Yemma - where we ... The CSM is an analytical newspaper so it is already somewhat prepared for this new style of content, but Yemma says, "it is ...
"Ready steady slow": time slows down when we prepare to move - Not Exactly Rocket Science : Not Exactly Rocket...
Not Exactly Rocket Science. Dive into the awe-inspiring, beautiful and quirky world of science news with award-winning writer ... Preparing to move makes the difference, rather than just preparing for any old task. ... When we prepare to make a movement - say, the swing of a bat - our ability to process visual information speeds up. The result ... If they were preparing to hit the screen, they said that the high-frequency flickers were slower than they actually were. ...
The Plagues We're Least Prepared For - Phenomena: Not Exactly Rocket Science
Ed Yong is a staff science writer at The Atlantic. His work has appeared in Wired, the New York Times, Nature, the BBC, New ... Phenomena is a gathering of spirited science writers who take delight in the new, the strange, the beautiful and awe-inspiring ... An Elegy for Not Exactly Rocket Science. After 10 years, the blog is shutting down. ... Wait… bananas or chocolate are in danger? Quick! Marshall ALL the science! ...
2019AAAS201720202018TechnologyStudentsContentSearchSocial SciencesGraduatesLaunchMainKinesiologyNanoparticlesExtracts preparedManagement Sciences for HealthSlidesScientistsMajorsBiomedicalNewsIncluding fentanylChemistryProgramResearchers2016HealthAdvancesFaculty of ScienceEndeavorsImmunologyResearchDepartmentChapterClinical ScienceEducationCurriculumPractical skillsFairsScientistInternshipMedicalUniversityCompetition202121stBrainSodiumWorkReadIngredientsWorldEthanolExperiencePsychologyDisciplines
- CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 01, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Wave Life Sciences Ltd. ( WVE ), a clinical-stage genetic medicines company committed to delivering life-changing treatments for people battling devastating diseases, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2018 and outlined its plans for building a fully integrated company. (yahoo.com)
- For 2019, we will remain keenly focused on broadening our pipeline and preparing to launch suvodirsen for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy in boys who are amenable to exon 51 skipping. (yahoo.com)
- This material relates to a paper that appeared in the 19 January 2018, issue of Science Immunology , published by AAAS. (eurekalert.org)
- AAAS login provides access to Science for AAAS members, and access to other journals in the Science family to users who have purchased individual subscriptions. (sciencemag.org)
- It remained an important science story in 2017. (sciencenews.org)
- JACKSONVILLE, Fla. , Nov. 10, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Blink Science ™ a new biotechnology, medical device company, will bring to market, blinkTEST™, a handheld biosensor device that can immediately detect COVID-19, and other disease biomarkers in saliva. (prnewswire.com)
- October 14, 2020 -EPA has recently improved two online resources for accessing the science produced by EPA scientists and engineers. (epa.gov)
- September 28, 2020 - When it comes to preparing for environmental sampling after a biological incident, nothing beats hands-on experience. (epa.gov)
- Our achievements throughout 2018 established a strong foundation upon which we are building a world-class and fully integrated genetic medicines company," said Paul Bolno, MD, MBA, President and Chief Executive Officer of Wave Life Sciences. (yahoo.com)
- Science News was founded in 1921 as an independent, nonprofit source of accurate information on the latest news of science, medicine and technology. (sciencenews.org)
- Argonne National Laboratory seeks solutions to pressing national problems in science and technology. (hpcwire.com)
- It is the largest celebration of science, engineering, technology, and math in the country. (scienceblogs.com)
- Blink Science™ has patented electronic technology that provides immediate health status results and will revolutionize healthcare and POC diagnostic testing. (prnewswire.com)
- Blink Science will transform POC testing with its patented electronic technology that will detect a wide variety of biomarkers. (prnewswire.com)
- Blink Science technology will be able to provide these results. (prnewswire.com)
- Professor Keith Mason, Chief Executive of the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), which funds the UK particle physics programme, including the CERN subscription, said, "The first running period of the LHC has been incredibly successful with many important milestones reached very quickly after restart. (phys.org)
- Composites Science and Technology 57(I997) 1391-1401. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Science and technology education have enjoyed a meaningful partnership across most of this century. (citejournal.org)
- The work of scientists embraces an array of technologies, and major accomplishments in science are often accompanied by sophisticated applications of technology. (citejournal.org)
- The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) program shows that hands on learning and the demonstrations get students interested in hard science and math at an early age and increases the chance these gifted students will pursue a science, engineering or math degree in college. (waynesvilledailyguide.com)
- The applications of the technology - for science, agriculture, and disaster response - could have a real impact on our everyday lives. (suasnews.com)
- In 2016, Ames - whose expertise in unmanned systems included aircraft development, airspace integration, and airborne science - partnered with Swift through the agency's Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) program on a proof of concept for a solar-powered UAS. (suasnews.com)
- This program signifies an important partnership with NASA Science and Aeronautics - together, we designed a UAS that fulfills the agency's use cases and aligns with the Federal Aviation Administration's vision of how HALE vehicles should be deployed and maintained for extended periods," said Andrew Streett, vice president of technology at Swift Engineering. (suasnews.com)
- Wuhan Chengguang Science and Technology Fund. (wiley.com)
- The College of Information Science and Technology (IS&T) is innovative. (unomaha.edu)
- Prepared core preparation techniques are grouped under the label Mode 3 technology. (wikipedia.org)
- The most well-known prepared core reduction method is the Levallois technique Prepared core technology was likely invented independently multiple times at different locations. (wikipedia.org)
- The regular use of Prepared core technology is associated with large-brained hominins such as Homo heidelbergensis, Neanderthals and modern humans. (wikipedia.org)
- Educators around the world value JoVE Science Education for its ability to uniquely visualize science in a format that students can easily comprehend and retain," said Dipesh Navani, Ph.D., director of production at JoVE. (prweb.com)
- By preparing these students, we are asking them to "come up higher," which is the Sigma Xi motto. (scienceblogs.com)
- Marian University's School of Mathematics and Sciences is connecting this summer with middle school and high school students to assist them with individualized research projects. (marian.edu)
- Students are provided a unique opportunity to utilize the scientific resources and expertise the Marian University faculty and staff have to offer to complete an independent research project and prepare for participation in the Hoosier Science and Engineering Fair and the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). (marian.edu)
- Faculty of the School of Mathematics and Sciences at Marian University offer individualized guidance on independent research projects that will prepare students for participation in Intel ISEF affiliated science fairs. (marian.edu)
- First, as with the hands-on science movement, digital technologies are changing the ways teachers interact with students in the classroom. (citejournal.org)
- Candidates for the PhD degree must satisfactorily complete a qualifying exam, the purpose of which is to ensure that students have a general understanding of the biomedical sciences and sufficient knowledge in their chosen area of thesis research to proceed towards the PhD degree in a timely manner. (rochester.edu)
- Who has the most success preparing Black students for careers in science? (acs.org)
- The students have completed classes that teach the scientific method and are preparing the proposals for their exhibits. (waynesvilledailyguide.com)
- This week, STASH reviews a study by Danielle Bäck and colleagues that examines how prepared Massachusetts medical students feel they are to treat patients with SUD. (basisonline.org)
- Figure: Graduation caps indicate how likely students with particular characteristics are to say they feel prepared to treat SUD. (basisonline.org)
- The more graduation caps, the more likely the students are to feel prepared. (basisonline.org)
- A university in Singapore introduced its UNIS-X experiential learning pedagogy to prepare her students with future work skills to cope with a VUCA work environment. (ssrn.com)
- SciLearn helps incoming McGill science students develop the learning strategies that work best for them. (mcgill.ca)
- McGill Science instructors share their experiences with Polling @ McGill, the system that lets students respond to questions in class from their personal device. (mcgill.ca)
- The Office of Science Education exists to build partnerships in learning across faculty, staff and students, promote a culture of evidence-based pedagogy, and celebrate our successes in teaching and learning. (mcgill.ca)
- Graduate certificate programs in public affairs and social sciences may help students develop and enhance specific skills within their field of study. (gradschools.com)
- Some graduate certificate programs in public affairs and social sciences are available to students who have earned their bachelors degree. (gradschools.com)
- Des Moines University's Master of Science in Anatomy Program provides students with extensive knowledge in the anatomical sciences and the ability to apply, communicate and teach that knowledge. (dmu.edu)
- The teaching track is designed to prepare students for entry into medical and allied medical professional programs, careers in academic teaching, or further study in graduate programs, particularly anatomical-education. (dmu.edu)
- The thesis track is designed to prepare students for a research-based career in comparative and evolutionary anatomy. (dmu.edu)
- The anatomy students at DMU are great ambassadors for the sciences as well as for the University. (dmu.edu)
- Exercise science is a major that provides students with a strong biological and physical science-based foundation complemented by individual specialty courses in biomechanics, physiology, motor control & development, and athletic training. (udel.edu)
- The major in exercise science is primarily a pre-professional program, preparing students for graduate programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, medical and dental school, or advanced graduate training in exercise science. (udel.edu)
- Students taking this option are evaluated by the Health Science Advisement and Evaluation Committee (HSAEC) , which writes a University of Delaware recommendation to medical institutions of the student's choice. (udel.edu)
- The Kinesiology and Applied Physiology Department offers a major in exercise science leading to a Bachelor of Science for students interested in the scientific aspects of human physiology, biomechanics and neuromuscular control. (udel.edu)
- The exercise science major provides students with an outstanding educational experience that prepares them for careers in the health professions or health sciences, and conducts research that addresses important issues related to human health. (udel.edu)
- This is primarily a pre-professional program, preparing students for subsequent clinical, graduate, or professional programs. (udel.edu)
- The Medical Scholars concentration bridges the divide between science and the cultural needs of the medical profession and prepares students for medical school admission. (udel.edu)
- The coursework in the exercise science program prepares students for professional certification in the fields of health, fitness, disease management, or strength and conditioning. (uwec.edu)
- Walter introduces you and your students to the world of microscopy through the selection of the Microbial World in this prepared slide set. (quarkyscience.ca)
- On the weekly, the assignment editors will have to rethink content to make it move "evergreen" and thus hold up for much longer on the shop shelf, and the content will have to be prepared multiple weeks in advance. (editorsweblog.org)
- The CSM is an analytical newspaper so it is already somewhat prepared for this new style of content, but Yemma says, "it is more rethinking than retraining, a magazine mindset is different to a daily mindset. (editorsweblog.org)
- The resources are the Science Inventory, a searchable database of more than 80,000 EPA reports, publications, and presentations, and the Science Models and Research Tools (SMaRT) Search inventory of tools that includes ORD science products. (epa.gov)
- Ideal for subject librarians, these databases span major subject areas including business, computer science, education, and social sciences. (igi-global.com)
- Certificate programs in public affairs and social sciences range in topics as diverse as applied behavior analysis, epidemiology, coaching, communication, defense policy and social work. (gradschools.com)
- Why Consider Graduate Certificate Programs in Public Affairs & Social Sciences? (gradschools.com)
- Graduate certificate programs in public affairs and social sciences may answer your needs for a short-term, focused education. (gradschools.com)
- Some graduate certificate programs in public affairs and social sciences mirror their related masters degree. (gradschools.com)
- To that end, post-masters graduate certificate programs in public affairs and social sciences may appeal to current professionals - those who hope to refine their ability to lead, or learn and apply new methods to help solve problems in the workplace. (gradschools.com)
- How Do I Earn a Certificate in Public Affairs & Social Sciences? (gradschools.com)
- Alternatively, some graduate certificate programs in public affairs and social sciences may be available either online or in a blended online format for added flexibility and convenience. (gradschools.com)
- Since public affairs and social sciences covers a lot of ground, you can narrow your choices of graduate certificate programs to match a broad category, say psychology or nonprofit administration. (gradschools.com)
- JCU Biomedical Sciences graduates have the knowledge, skills, and competitive edge needed to succeed in their chosen fields. (edu.au)
- JCU Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences graduates have the breadth of knowledge to begin a career in varying industries. (edu.au)
- Graduates of this biomedical science degree have developed their skills to follow their passions. (edu.au)
- Practical experience - Almost every exercise science major graduates with internship experience. (calvin.edu)
- Most of the graduates of all of these concentrations gain entrance to programs in physical or occupational therapy, medical or dental school, physician assistant programs, prosthetic/orthotic programs, or graduate schools in the exercise science area. (udel.edu)
- That is why Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society , is preparing to launch a new scientific journal titled, Chronicle of The New Researcher in May 2014. (scienceblogs.com)
- For the main manuscript, Science prefers to receive a single complete file that includes all figures and tables in Word's .docx format (Word 2007, 2010, or 2008 or 2011 for a Mac) - download a copy of our Word template here . (sciencemag.org)
- The LHC has now been put into standby mode, and will restart in February 2010 following a short technical stop to prepare for higher energy collisions and the start of the main research programme. (phys.org)
- Details of the main research themes carried out by staff in the School of Computer Science are detailed below. (bangor.ac.uk)
- Discover how your kinesiology studies will prepare you for success in medicine, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and more. (calvin.edu)
- Self-assembly of inorganic nanoparticles has been used to prepare hundreds of different colloidal crystals, but almost invariably with the restriction that the particles must be densely packed. (sciencemag.org)
- Liu, J. and Liu, X. (2011), Nanoparticles prepared by blending of carboxylic acid terminated poly(ε-caprolactone) and L -phenylalanine substituted dextran. (wiley.com)
- Antioxidant activity of ginseng extracts prepared by enzyme and heat treatment. (koreascience.or.kr)
Management Sciences for Health3
- No More Epidemics is a five-year global campaign, led by International Medical Corps , Save the Children , African Field Epidemiology Network , and Management Sciences for Health, that brings together partners from the business community, academia, and civil society to work with governments and multilateral institutions to ensure we are better protected from epidemics. (msh.org)
- Panelists included representatives from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , Cambodian Ministry of Health , USAID's African Strategies for Health Project (implemented by Management Sciences for Health), GE Foundation /Ethiopia, Global Health Council, Dentons, and WaterAid West Africa. (msh.org)
- A program celebrating the 10th anniversary of Management Sciences for Health in Ethiopia. (msh.org)
- The AmScope PS200A microscope slide set includes 200 prepared slides with a variety of specimens including plants, insects, and animal tissues, and is used in basic biology education. (microtune.com)
- These prepared slides are intended for high power microscopes, 40x power and more. (quarkyscience.ca)
- Set of 15 prepared slides. (quarkyscience.ca)
- At Science 2.0, scientists are the journalists, with no political bias or editorial control. (science20.com)
- Seamless integration with Watson Studio helps data scientists and knowledge workers to quickly drive productive use of their data in a suite of powerful data science, AI, machine-learning and deep-learning tools to build, train and deploy models. (ibm.com)
- When Calvin exercise science majors talk about their classes, here's what they say: It's all about practical experience. (calvin.edu)
- One is open to all majors and requires just a basic knowledge of science and mathematics. (udel.edu)
- Exercise science majors complete a senior research project, and outstanding research is submitted by faculty to national scholarly journals, like the International Journal of Research in Exercise Physiology--a peer-reviewed journal founded for the purpose of publishing undergrad student research and providing undergraduates with valuable experience in the peer-review and publication process. (uwec.edu)
- Since a majority of biomedical research is focused on studies involving rodents, it is critical that every science student learns the essential procedures demonstrated in these videos. (prweb.com)
- JoVE Science Education is equally useful teaching complex scientific topics, like Chemistry as it is instructing on fundamental skills, like how to operate safely and responsibly within a biomedical lab. (prweb.com)
- Gain a thorough understanding of the relationship between science and medicine, with an emphasis on biomedical science in the tropics. (edu.au)
- The Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences degree at JCU will prepare you to go straight to work and build a fulfilling and successful career. (edu.au)
- Both a degree and a job are important, and as you study biomedical science at JCU you will be opening up diverse avenues of opportunities for your future career. (edu.au)
- In comparison to a biomedical science major , this degree allows you to gain a thorough and comprehensive understanding of biomedical sciences . (edu.au)
- The biomedical sciences are the foundation to clinical practice and underpin everything from veterinary medicine to pharmacology and neuroscience. (edu.au)
- Come to one of the best universities for biomedical science * and learn from world-class researchers and health professionals. (edu.au)
- Like a Bachelor of Biomedicine , studying for our Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences degree will prepare you to apply research to a variety of contemporary problems in the field. (edu.au)
- Be prepared for your career with this biomedical degree that combines theoretical knowledge and teaches you the practical skills you need to succeed. (edu.au)
- At JCU, your Bachelor of Biomedical Science studies will give you a well-rounded experience so you are ready today, for tomorrow. (edu.au)
- Similar to a biomedical science major , you will interact with people of various cultures and understand the power of collaboration in research. (edu.au)
- This article is only available to Science News subscribers. (sciencenews.org)
- Science News is a nonprofit. (sciencenews.org)
- provides embargoed and breaking science news you can't afford to miss. (eurekalert.org)
- offers a one-stop science news distribution service you can trust. (eurekalert.org)
- Subscribers, enter your e-mail address to access the Science News archives. (sciencenews.org)
- This is the cutting edge of news distribution, and Yemma talks us through how it is preparing itself for uncharted territory. (editorsweblog.org)
- I want to get the latest chemistry news from C&EN in my inbox every week. (acs.org)
- The time or date displayed reflects when an article was added to Science News Daily . (sciencenewsdaily.org)
- Get the latest and most popular science news articles of the week in your Inbox! (esciencenews.com)
- Breaking news from the world of science, brought to you by Nature's news team. (nature.com)
- The latest health and science news. (npr.org)
- EPA researchers are working closely with EPA responders to ensure that federal, state, tribal, and local responders and hazmat teams are prepared with the best science to respond to incidents that involve synthetic opioids, including fentanyl. (epa.gov)
- Additionally, the JoVE Science Education Chemistry Series has expanded to more comprehensively map to undergraduate chemistry curricula.The new video collections cover basic biochemistry, additional organic chemistry topics and, available in October, inorganic chemistry. (prweb.com)
- Sept. 7 - From Aug. 16-19, the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF), a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science User Facility, hosted researchers from its Theta Early Science Program (ESP) for a hands-on workshop to help them port, benchmark, and optimize their applications on the facility's next-generation Intel-Cray system. (hpcwire.com)
- The ALCF's Early Science Program is designed to prepare users for the facility's new supercomputers, ensuring that projects and codes are ready to make good scientific use of the systems on day one. (hpcwire.com)
- The MVP Online program and the data coming from the program has the chance to drastically improve the health and wellbeing of our country's veterans," said Kent Thoelke , chief scientific officer and executive vice president at PRA Health Sciences. (yahoo.com)
- The Health Policy and Management program in the University of Massachusetts Amherst School of Public Health and Health Sciences prepares public health professionals to work in health care organizations and federal, state, and local public health agencies. (umass.edu)
- The program uses an interdisciplinary approach, incorporating social, behavioral, economic, and political science approaches to increase our understanding of health services and policy to improve the health of populations. (umass.edu)
- An exercise science major fits neatly into Calvin's widely respected pre-professional health program . (calvin.edu)
- The exercise science program of study is designed to cover all courses needed to apply to graduate physical therapy programs, as well as many courses needed for other health-related graduate programs. (udel.edu)
- Researchers at Harvard Medical School, the University of California, San Francisco, and the University of Georgia have described how the protein that allows strep and staph bacteria to stick to human cells is prepared and packaged. (eurekalert.org)
- Apparently, to make sure that the male rats don't experience any negative emotion as a result of being rebuffed by potential partners, the researchers don't just provide able-bodied females, they "prepare sexually receptive" female rats. (science20.com)
- Argonne researchers work closely with researchers from hundreds of companies, universities, and federal, state and municipal agencies to help them solve their specific problems, advance America's scientific leadership and prepare the nation for a better future. (hpcwire.com)
- The researchers then used logistic regression to see what characteristics were associated with feeling prepared to treat patients with SUD. (basisonline.org)
- Li-jun He, Li-yan Wang, Wei-Zhong Chen and Xing-zhao Liu, "Thermal Conductivity of Alumina Films Prepared by Inclined Incidence", Current Nanoscience (2016) 12: 630. (eurekaselect.com)
- She received her MA in Environmental Science and Management from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2016. (wikihow.com)
- Blink Science is currently establishing strategic licensing and manufacturing relationships to accelerate to market and provide access to affordable and efficient health testing. (prnewswire.com)
- This is the second in a new series on improving the health of the poorest and most vulnerable women, girls, families, and communities by prioritizing prevention and preparing health systems for epidemics ( read Part 1 ). (msh.org)
- As clusters of coronavirus infections emerge in the general population and the possibly dozens of new patients from a cruise ship are headed to San Francisco, the Bay Area's health care facilities are racing to prepare for a sudden surge in demand. (mercurynews.com)
- But we currently only have about 46,500 medical ICU beds in the United States, with perhaps an equal number of other ICU beds that could be used in a crisis, write Dr. Eric Toner and Dr. Richard Waldhorn in their February 27 report "What US Hospitals Should Do Now to Prepare for a COVID-19 Pandemic, " published by the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Center for Health Security. (mercurynews.com)
- Subscribe to the Health & Science podcast. (npr.org)
- Whether you plan on starting your career right away or pursuing graduate school, the exercise science major will prepare you for fields like personal training/fitness, strength and conditioning, wellness, health promotion, and fitness and health management. (uwec.edu)
- This study is part of the science done by Environmental Health Mission Area Programs to provide answers to questions about the actual risk, not the perceived risk, of contaminants and pathogens in the environment. (usgs.gov)
- Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science ( AMPPS ) welcomes submissions that communicate advances in methods, practices, and metascience from all areas of scientific psychology and related disciplines. (psychologicalscience.org)
Faculty of Science2
- The paper, by V.S. Patil at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology in La Jolla, Calif., and colleagues was titled, "How T Cells Prepare for Battle Against Chronic Infection. (eurekalert.org)
- Follow your passion and choose your specialisation from Physiology and Pharmacology, Microbiology and Immunology, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Sciences, or Molecular and Cell Biology. (edu.au)
- It is published by Society for Science & the Public, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization dedicated to public engagement in scientific research and education. (sciencenews.org)
- JoVE is the leading producer and publisher of video resources with the mission to increase the productivity of research and education in science, medicine, and engineering. (prweb.com)
- Once Theta is accepted, ESP teams will begin running science simulations on the system to pursue their research goals, which range from modeling the brain to simulating the evolution of the universe. (hpcwire.com)
- The U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Science is the single largest supporter of basic research in the physical sciences in the United States and is working to address some of the most pressing challenges of our time. (hpcwire.com)
- Research supported by National Science Foundation grant CMMI 17-60859. (nsf.gov)
- Each student must use the course of thesis research planned with his or her mentor and advisory committee as the starting point for preparing for the qualifying exam. (rochester.edu)
- The aim of this research was to determine the best drying method and fruit maturity in preparing chips of Arumanis mango. (ishs.org)
- In the final BSc year you'll design and carry out a year-long research project and study in-depth issues in sport and exercise science. (bath.ac.uk)
- With no end in sight for the US government shutdown that began on 1 October, the Department of Energy (DOE) is now preparing to shut down the sprawling complex of national laboratories that maintains nuclear weapons and performs a range of basic and applied research. (nature.com)
- EPA's Science Matters newsletter delivers the latest from EPA's Office of Research and Development straight to your inbox. (epa.gov)
- We are a founding member of the Research Institute of Visual Computing (RIVIC) , a collaborative amalgamation of visual computing research programmes between the computer science departments in Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff and Swansea Universities. (bangor.ac.uk)
- Prepare your Research Proposal, based on the research expertise at the School. (bangor.ac.uk)
- With employees from more than 60 nations, Argonne is managed by UChicago Argonne, LLC for the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Science. (hpcwire.com)
- The annual District Science Fair is sponsored by Missouri S&T, the Rotary Club of Pulaski County and The Fort Leonard Wood Chapter of the Society of American Military Engineers. (waynesvilledailyguide.com)
- Now time for the Ch25 Science Tech. It's the biggest hathodaa (hammer) chapter in India yearbook. (mrunal.org)
- Throughout the degree, develop a wide background in general biomedicine and clinical science which will complement your specialisation. (edu.au)
- The new videos are the latest additions to JoVE Science Education, an innovative library of easy-to-understand video demonstrations that teach key concepts and fundamental techniques. (prweb.com)
- In fact, based on subscriber demand, JoVE will also soon introduce an entirely new Engineering Series to ensure that Science Education is truly a comprehensive video learning platform for all STEM learners. (prweb.com)
- These elements have traditionally been a part of teacher education in secondary science. (citejournal.org)
- Science education has generally involved teaching not only a body of knowledge but also the processes and activities of scientific work. (citejournal.org)
- So-called "hands-on science" instruction impacted teacher education as new curricula made its way into preservice courses. (citejournal.org)
- The impact of digital technologies on science teacher education is more pervasive than any curricular or instructional innovation in the past. (citejournal.org)
- The pervasiveness of digital technologies motivates a thorough review of technological impacts on curriculum and instruction in science teacher education. (citejournal.org)
- The term "hands-on science" was descriptive of the major curriculum reform projects of the 1960s and became a label for a revolution in teaching science through the next two decades (Flick, 1993). (citejournal.org)
- The challenge facing both science educators and science teacher educators is to evaluate relevant applications for information technologies in the science curriculum. (citejournal.org)
- You'll apply your biomechanics, physiology and psychology knowledge to sport and exercise medicine, and develop practical skills that relate to sport and exercise science data collection and interpretation. (bath.ac.uk)
- Want to know what is new in the world of Science Fairs, up-to-date information about experiments, topics and ideas, exclusive offers, special sales and announcements of new science fair kits? (super-science-fair-projects.com)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) scientist preparing samples for analysis of protein levels to normalize results from oxidative stress bioassays. (usgs.gov)
- Many opportunities exist for an exercise science internship, including competitive national internships. (uwec.edu)
- NVLX ) continues to lay the foundation for its medical marijuana subsidiary, Medical Marijuana Sciences, Inc. (MMS), a growing list of studies continue to prove that Cannabis is having a dramatic effect on different types of cancer. (marketwired.com)
- Executives at MMS are preparing to enter the medical marijuana industry with a very different approach. (marketwired.com)
- Xiaofei Zhao prepares a Ti3C2 MXene (pronounced "Maxine") dispersion in sodium L-ascorbate solution at Texas A&M University. (nsf.gov)
- Images and other media in the National Science Foundation Multimedia Gallery are available for use in print and electronic material by NSF employees, members of the media, university staff, teachers and the general public. (nsf.gov)
- In being awarded a new federal distinction as an Innovation Corps Site by the National Science Foundation (NSF), The University of Akron joins only two other universities in the nation to receive several hundred thousand dollars in funding to cultivate the next generation of successful student entrepreneurs. (uakron.edu)
- from the School of Earth Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences at the University of Manchester highlight the importance of maintaining "late-summer 25-OH(D3) levels" throughout the winter month. (blogspot.com)
- Sport and the Brain: The Science of Preparing, Enduring and Winning, Part A, Volume 231 reflects recent advancements in the understanding of how elite athletes prepare for-and perform at-peak levels during competition. (elsevier.com)
- Preparing for New Competition in the Retail Industry. (igi-global.com)
- We will not be accepting applications for the Science Ambassador Fellowship class of 2021. (cdc.gov)
- This demonstration was presented in anticipation of the annual district science fair, scheduled for February 21st, which will be held at the Waynesville Career Center. (waynesvilledailyguide.com)
- Hagura notes that there are certainly connections between the parts of the brain that encode the passage of time, and those that prepare sequences of movement. (discovermagazine.com)
- So far, science hasn't really determined exactly what happens in our brains during the creative process , since it really combines a whole bunch of different brain processes. (lifehacker.com)
- A buffer solution was prepared by adding 4.95 g of sodium acetate, NaCH 3 CO 2 , to 2.50 × 10 2 mL of 0.150 M acetic acid, CH 3 CO 2 H. (bartleby.com)
- This workshop gives ESP teams an opportunity to work directly with ALCF staff, as well as experts from Intel and Cray, to get their codes running on the actual machine," said Tim Williams, ALCF Deputy Director of Science. (hpcwire.com)
- But with their remaining DOE money beginning to run dry, national laboratories have begun curtailing work and preparing to close their doors. (nature.com)
- And Data Science with Python and Dask is your guide to using Dask for your data projects without changing the way you work! (manning.com)
- Depending on the category a product is developed to fit-dairy, bakery, snack, frozen-ingredients and techniques are determined by not only the desired flavor profiles, but by how the product will be manufactured, packaged, stored, prepared and consumed. (preparedfoods.com)
- Lionel Messi and Argentina prepare for the country's first match of the 2014 World Cup against Bosnia and Herzegovina, at the Maracana stadium. (dailymail.co.uk)
- New Chelsea signing Cesc Fabregas hit a wayward volley during training as the Spain squad prepare to salvage their World Cup defence when they face Chile in a crucial match. (dailymail.co.uk)
- You'll get real-world experience and connections that prepare you well for your career. (calvin.edu)
- The purpose of this experiment was to prepare samples of ethene gas by dehydrating ethanol using aluminium oxide as a dehydrating agent and catalyst and then to perform various tests on the gas obtained to examine its properties. (markedbyteachers.com)
- Ethanol extracts of kimchi prepared with MPK paste (MPK kimchi extracts) and control kimchi extracts at 1mg/mL showed 40% decrease in proliferation of cancer cells, such as AGS, KATOIII, HepG2, and Hela. (koreascience.or.kr)
- The flexibility, speed, and storage capacity of contemporary desktop computers is causing science educators to redefine the meaning of hands-on experience and rethink the traditional process of teaching. (citejournal.org)
- Prepare for success - Your exercise science experience is tailored to your career goals. (calvin.edu)
- Other AMPPS articles will cover current practices and considerations relevant to open science in psychology, and these will be unique to the journal. (psychologicalscience.org)
- Through these core disciplines you'll apply your knowledge to sports performance and exercise participation and understand the relevance of sport and exercise science to current practice. (bath.ac.uk)
- An explicit part of the journal's mission is to encourage discussion of methodological and analytical questions across multiple branches of psychological science and related disciplines. (psychologicalscience.org)