A potentially life-threatening condition in which EMBRYO IMPLANTATION occurs outside the cavity of the UTERUS. Most ectopic pregnancies (>96%) occur in the FALLOPIAN TUBES, known as TUBAL PREGNANCY. They can be in other locations, such as UTERINE CERVIX; OVARY; and abdominal cavity (PREGNANCY, ABDOMINAL).
Pregnancy Trimester, First
Pregnancy Trimester, Third
Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
Pregnancy in Diabetics
Pregnancy Trimester, Second
Pregnancy Complications, Neoplastic
Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
A short-acting opioid anesthetic and analgesic derivative of FENTANYL. It produces an early peak analgesic effect and fast recovery of consciousness. Alfentanil is effective as an anesthetic during surgery, for supplementation of analgesia during surgical procedures, and as an analgesic for critically ill patients.
Pregnancy in which the mother and/or FETUS are at greater than normal risk of MORBIDITY or MORTALITY. Causes include inadequate PRENATAL CARE, previous obstetrical history (ABORTION, SPONTANEOUS), pre-existing maternal disease, pregnancy-induced disease (GESTATIONAL HYPERTENSION), and MULTIPLE PREGNANCY, as well as advanced maternal age above 35.
Relief of PAIN, without loss of CONSCIOUSNESS, through ANALGESIC AGENTS administered by the patients. It has been used successfully to control POSTOPERATIVE PAIN, during OBSTETRIC LABOR, after BURNS, and in TERMINAL CARE. The choice of agent, dose, and lockout interval greatly influence effectiveness. The potential for overdose can be minimized by combining small bolus doses with a mandatory interval between successive doses (lockout interval).
Pregnancy Complications, Hematologic
A term used to describe pregnancies that exceed the upper limit of a normal gestational period. In humans, a prolonged pregnancy is defined as one that extends beyond 42 weeks (294 days) after the first day of the last menstrual period (MENSTRUATION), or birth with gestational age of 41 weeks or more.
A complication of PREGNANCY, characterized by a complex of symptoms including maternal HYPERTENSION and PROTEINURIA with or without pathological EDEMA. Symptoms may range between mild and severe. Pre-eclampsia usually occurs after the 20th week of gestation, but may develop before this time in the presence of trophoblastic disease.
A highly vascularized mammalian fetal-maternal organ and major site of transport of oxygen, nutrients, and fetal waste products. It includes a fetal portion (CHORIONIC VILLI) derived from TROPHOBLASTS and a maternal portion (DECIDUA) derived from the uterine ENDOMETRIUM. The placenta produces an array of steroid, protein and peptide hormones (PLACENTAL HORMONES).
An adverse drug interaction characterized by altered mental status, autonomic dysfunction, and neuromuscular abnormalities. It is most frequently caused by use of both serotonin reuptake inhibitors and monoamine oxidase inhibitors, leading to excess serotonin availability in the CNS at the serotonin 1A receptor.
Drugs that block nerve conduction when applied locally to nerve tissue in appropriate concentrations. They act on any part of the nervous system and on every type of nerve fiber. In contact with a nerve trunk, these anesthetics can cause both sensory and motor paralysis in the innervated area. Their action is completely reversible. (From Gilman AG, et. al., Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 8th ed) Nearly all local anesthetics act by reducing the tendency of voltage-dependent sodium channels to activate.
The hollow thick-walled muscular organ in the female PELVIS. It consists of the fundus (the body) which is the site of EMBRYO IMPLANTATION and FETAL DEVELOPMENT. Beyond the isthmus at the perineal end of fundus, is CERVIX UTERI (the neck) opening into VAGINA. Beyond the isthmi at the upper abdominal end of fundus, are the FALLOPIAN TUBES.
Pregnancy and lactation. The doses of moclobemide in breast milk are very low (0.06% of moclobemide being recovered in ... Moclobemide also interacts with pethidine/meperidine, and dextropropoxyphene. Ephedrine in combination with moclobemide ...
... is not recommended in early pregnancy but may be used in later pregnancy. Its safety during breastfeeding is ... "Pentamidine Use During Pregnancy , Drugs.com". www.drugs.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-09. Retrieved 2016-11-10.. ... "Pentamidine Use During Pregnancy". www.drugs.com. Archived from the original on 9 November 2016. Retrieved 3 December 2016.. ... Pregnancy. It has not been shown to cause birth defects in animal studies when given intravenously. There are no ...
Concomitant use of serotonin-enhancing drugs, including SSRIs, serotonergic TCAs, dextromethorphan, and meperidine may cause ... such as meperidine or dextromethorphan poses a risk for hypertension and serotonin syndrome respectively; alternative agents ... Pregnancy. category. *AU: B2 *US: C (Risk not ruled out) *. Routes of. administration. Oral. ...
"FDA Warns that Using a Type of Pain and Fever Medication in Second Half of Pregnancy Could Lead to Complications". U.S. Food ... Use is not recommended during the last part of pregnancy or during breastfeeding. Ketorolac works by blocking cyclooxygenase ... They recommend avoiding NSAIDs in pregnant women at 20 weeks or later in pregnancy. ... premature constriction of the ductus arteriosus in the infant if taken by the mother during the third trimester of pregnancy.[8 ...
Pregnancy. category. *US: A (No risk in human studies) *. Dependence. liability. None. ...
Langston JW, Ballard P, Tetrud JW, Irwin I (February 1983). "Chronic Parkinsonism in humans due to a product of meperidine- ... False pregnancy. *Intermittent explosive disorder. *Psychomotor agitation. *Stereotypy. *Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures ...
The VIGOR (Vioxx GI Outcomes Research) study, conducted by Bombardier, et al., which compared the efficacy and adverse effect profiles of rofecoxib and naproxen, had indicated a significant 4-fold increased risk of acute myocardial infarction (heart attack) in rofecoxib patients when compared with naproxen patients (0.4% vs 0.1%, RR 0.25) over the 12-month span of the study. The elevated risk began during the second month on rofecoxib. There was no significant difference in the mortality from cardiovascular events between the two groups, nor was there any significant difference in the rate of myocardial infarction between the rofecoxib and naproxen treatment groups in patients without high cardiovascular risk. The difference in overall risk was by the patients at higher risk of heart attack, i.e. those meeting the criteria for low-dose aspirin prophylaxis of secondary cardiovascular events (previous myocardial infarction, angina, cerebrovascular accident, transient ischemic attack, or coronary ...
This benefit is greater when started in early pregnancy. There is no evidence that aspirin prevents dementia. ... Aspirin is not recommended in the last part of pregnancy. It is not generally recommended in children with infections ...
Opioids (e.g., desmetramadol, methadone, pethidine (meperidine), tapentadol, tramadol, levorphanol). SERT. (SRIs). ...
It appears to be safe in pregnancy. For paracetamol overdose, it works by increasing the level of glutathione, an ...
The mechanism of action of armodafinil is unknown. Armodafinil (R-(−)-modafinil) has pharmacological properties almost identical to those of modafinil (a mixture of R-(−)- and (S)-(+)-modafinil). The (R)- and (S)-enantiomers have similar pharmacological action in animals. Armodafinil has wake-promoting actions similar to sympathomimetic agents including amphetamine and methylphenidate, although its pharmacologic profile is not identical to that of the sympathomimetic amines. Armodafinil is an indirect dopamine receptor agonist; it binds in vitro to the dopamine transporter (DAT) and inhibits dopamine reuptake. For modafinil, this activity has been associated in vivo with increased extracellular dopamine levels. In genetically engineered mice lacking the dopamine transporter, modafinil lacked wake-promoting activity, suggesting that this activity was DAT-dependent. However, the wake-promoting effects of modafinil, unlike those of amphetamine, were not antagonized by the dopamine receptor ...
... is widely used in preparations as an enhancing agent for some analgesics and antitussives (acetaminophen, dihydrocodeine, codeine, hydrocodone). It is widely used in certain parts of the world as cough suppressant usually with codeine, and sometimes by itself or in addition to dextromethorphan as it, like diphenhydramine, possesses antitussive action of its own and is particularly useful in semi-productive coughs because of its moderate drying action. Phenyltoloxamine has analgesic and anti-spasmodic properties of its own and is used in combination with paracetamol, aspirin and other salicylates and other drugs in proprietary preparations available over the counter for backache, muscle strains and similar conditions. In this respect, it is similar to a closely related antihistamine, orphenadrine, and both drugs are very closely related to diphenhydramine and to doxylamine, the latter of which is the active ingredient in NyQuil and many other cough ...
The use of huperzine A during pregnancy and lactation is not recommended due to the lack of sufficient safety data. ...
Pregnancy. There are few well-controlled studies of venlafaxine in pregnant women. A study released in May 2010 by the Canadian ... meperidine) and triptans and with drugs that impair metabolism of serotonin (including MAOIs). Serotonin syndrome symptoms may ... Gentile S (2005). "The safety of newer antidepressants in pregnancy and breastfeeding". Drug Saf. 28 (2): 137-52. doi:10.2165/ ... There are concerns that use during the later part of pregnancy can harm the baby. How it works is not entirely clear but it ...
Montouris, G. (2003). "Gabapentin exposure in human pregnancy: Results from the Gabapentin Pregnancy Registry". Epilepsy & ... meperidine), tramadol, oxycodone, fentanyl and others. Lithium co-treatment is also a risk factor for neuroleptic ... Pregnancy and breast feedingEdit. Lithium is a teratogen, causing birth defects in a small number of newborn babies. Case ... If used during pregnancy, lithium can cause problems in the baby. It appears to be safe to use while breastfeeding. ...
Pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnancy category C: Risk in pregnancy cannot be ruled out. Animal controlled studies have ... Use during pregnancy may harm the baby. Use with alcohol is not recommended. Hydrocodone works by binding to the mu- ...
It is unclear if it is safe in either pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is only recommended in those who have a normal level of ...
Pregnancy. category. *C (D in 3rd trimester). Routes of. administration. Oral, topical, intravenous (veterinary use). ...
... has several uses including the treatment of abnormal heart rhythms or arrhythmias, chronic pain, and myotonia. In general when treating arrhythmias, mexiletine is reserved for use in dangerous heart rhythm disturbances such as ventricular tachycardia. It is of particular use when treating arrhythmias caused by long QT syndrome. The LQT3 form of long QT syndrome is amenable to treatment with mexiletine as this form is caused by defective sodium channels that continue to release a sustained current rather than fully inactivating, however other forms of long QT syndrome can also be treated with this medication. Mexiletine has been used to treat chronic pain and may also be used to treat muscle stiffness resulting from myotonic dystrophy (Steinert's disease) or nondystrophic myotonias such as myotonia congenita (Thomsen syndrome or Becker syndrome). ...
... may be synthesized in a straightforward fashion via the Diels-Alder reaction between cyclopentadiene and β-nitrostyrene (1-nitro-2-phenyl-ethene). The C=C double bond and the nitro-group in the resulting norcamphene derivative are then reduced to give the saturated norcamphane derivative. Finally, the amino-group is ethylated. Although β-nitrostyrene is commercially available, it is also very easily prepared using the Henry Reaction between benzaldehyde and nitromethane. The Diels-Alder reaction of β-nitrostyrene and cyclopentadiene is described in a number of early papers. The reduction of the nitroalkene may be carried out sequentially. The alkene's double bond is typically reduced using hydrogen and a transition metal catalyst like Ni or Pt, while the nitro group is reduced to the amine with a metal/acid combination, such as Fe/HCl. The reduction of both functional groups can also be achieved simultaneously by the use of Raney nickel, and this transformation has ...
There has been much debate as to whether reboxetine is more efficacious than placebo in the treatment of depression. According to a 2009 meta-analysis of 12 second-generation antidepressants, reboxetine was no more effective than placebo, and was "significantly less" effective, and less acceptable, than the other drugs in treating the acute-phase of adults with unipolar major depression. The British MHRA said in September 2011 that the study had several limitations, and that "Overall the balance of benefits and risks for reboxetine remains positive in its authorised indication." A UK and Europe-wide review of available efficacy and safety data has confirmed that reboxetine has benefit over placebo in its authorised indication. Efficacy was clearly shown in patients with severe or very severe depression. According to a systematic review and meta-analysis by IQWiG, including unpublished data, published data on reboxetine overestimated the benefit of reboxetine versus placebo by up to 115% ...
Pregnancy. category. *AU: D. *. Routes of. administration. Intravenous (most common), oral or rectal. ...
The usual dose of 350 mg is unlikely to engender prominent side effects other than somnolence, and mild to significant euphoria or dysphoria, but the euphoria is generally short-lived due to the fast metabolism of carisoprodol into meprobamate and other metabolites; the euphoria derived is, according to new research, most likely due to carisoprodol's inherent, potent anxiolytic effects that are far stronger than those produced by its primary metabolite, meprobamate, which is often misblamed for the drug-seeking associated with carisoprodol, as carisoprodol itself is responsible for the significantly more intense CNS effects than meprobamate alone. Carisoprodol has a unique mechanism of action, qualitatively different from that of meprobamate (Miltown). The medication is well-tolerated and without adverse effects in the majority of patients for whom it is indicated. In some patients, however, and/or early in therapy, carisoprodol can have the full spectrum of sedative side effects and can impair ...
... , sold under the brand name Talwin among others, is a painkiller used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is believed to work by activating (agonizing) κ-opioid receptors (KOR) and blocking (antagonizing) μ-opioid receptors (MOR). As such it is called an opioid as it delivers its effects on pain by interacting with the opioid receptors. It shares many of the side effects of other opioids like constipation, nausea, itching, drowsiness and respiratory depression, but unlike most other opioids it fairly frequently causes hallucinations, nightmares and delusions. It is also, unlike most other opioids, subject to a ceiling effect, which is when at a certain dose (which differs from person-to-person) no more pain relief, or side effects, is obtained by increasing the dose any further. Chemically it is classed as a benzomorphan and it comes in two enantiomers, which are molecules that are exact (non-superimposable) mirror images of one another. It was patented in 1960 and approved ...
Pregnancy. Antidepressant exposure (including paraxetine) is associated with shorter duration of pregnancy (by three days ... "Paroxetine Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Warnings". Drugs.com. Retrieved 3 March 2019.. *^ Food and Drug Administration (2011). ... Källén B (July 2007). "The safety of antidepressant drugs during pregnancy". Expert Opinion on Drug Safety. 6 (4): 357-70. doi: ... Thormahlen GM (October 2006). "Paroxetine use during pregnancy: is it safe?". The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 40 (10): 1834-7. ...
It is unclear if use during pregnancy or breastfeeding is safe. Hydroxyzine works by blocking the effects of histamine. It is a ... potentiate meperidine and barbiturates, and use in pre-anesthetic adjunctive therapy should be modified depending upon the ... "Hydroxyzine Use During Pregnancy". Drugs.com. 4 May 2020. Retrieved 17 May 2020. "Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride Monograph for ... The administration of hydroxyzine in large amounts by ingestion or intramuscular administration during the onset of pregnancy ...
... has not been tested in pregnant women and is Pregnancy Category C in the US. The FDA label contains warnings that ... People who are taking meperidine, tramadol, methadone, propoxyphene, dextromethorphan, St. John's wort, cyclobenzaprine, or ... drug label carries a warning of the risk of serotonin syndrome when rasagiline is used with antidepressants or with meperidine ...
... is a pregnancy category C drug. It is advised to only use with caution if benefits outweigh risks. ... Pethidine (meperidine) : Central effects and side effects of pethidine may be increased. Metoclopramide : Action of ...
"Ritonavir Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Warnings". drugs.com. Archived from the original on 7 September 2015. Retrieved 23 ... meperidine (pethidine)-build-up of toxic concentrations of norpethidine possible;[medical citation needed] nilotinib;[medical ... At low doses it is considered to be acceptable for use during pregnancy. Ritonavir is of the protease inhibitor class. ...
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
SSRI use in pregnancy has been associated with a variety of risks with varying degrees of proof of causation. As depression is ... Dextromethorphan Tramadol 5-HTP Pethidine/meperidine St. John's wort Yohimbe Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) Serotonin- ... SSRI use in pregnancy is associated with an increased risk of spontaneous abortion of about 1.7-fold. Use is also associated ... A systematic review of the risk of major birth defects in antidepressant-exposed pregnancies found a small increase (3% to 24 ...
Diazepam vs Midazolam vs Meperidine vs Diastat Comparison - Drugs.com
Diazepam rated 8.6/10 vs Midazolam rated 5.4/10 vs Meperidine rated 9.1/10 vs Diastat rated 8.5/10 in overall patient ... Compare Diazepam vs Midazolam vs Meperidine vs Diastat head-to-head with other drugs for uses, ratings, cost, side effects, ... See the full Pregnancy Warnings document.. C Category C Risk cannot be ruled out ... Meperidine Remove Meperidine from your drug comparison Diastat Remove Diastat from your drug comparison Add another drug to ...
DailyMed - DEMEROL- meperidine hydrochloride injection, solution
8.1 Pregnancy 8.2 Lactation 8.3 Females and Males of Reproductive Potential 8.4 Pediatric Use 8.5 Geriatric Use 8.6 Hepatic ... MEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: N8E7F7Q170) (MEPERIDINE - UNII:9E338QE28F). MEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE. 25 mg in 0.5 mL. ... MEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: N8E7F7Q170) (MEPERIDINE - UNII:9E338QE28F). MEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE. 75 mg in 1.5 mL. ... MEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: N8E7F7Q170) (MEPERIDINE - UNII:9E338QE28F). MEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE. 25 mg in 1 mL. ...
Meperidine Injection Advanced Patient Information - Drugs.com
Detailed drug Information for meperidine Injection. Includes common brand names, drug descriptions, warnings, side effects and ... Prolonged use of meperidine hydrochloride during pregnancy can result in neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome, which may be life ... Proper use of meperidine. A nurse or other trained health professional will give you meperidine in a hospital. Meperidine is ... Meperidine may make you dizzy, drowsy, confused, or disoriented. Make sure you know how you react to meperidine before you ...
Vital Signs: Prescription Opioid Pain Reliever Use During Pregnancy - 34 U.S. Jurisdictions, 2019 | MMWR
... hydromorphone or meperidine, oxymorphone, morphine, or fentanyl.** Women who self-reported use during pregnancy were asked to ... Self-reported cigarette use during the last 3 months of pregnancy and depression during pregnancy were obtained from the ... of women filled at least one opioid prescription during pregnancy (5,6). Opioid use during pregnancy has been associated with ... or surgery I had before pregnancy," "to relieve pain from an injury, condition, or surgery that happened during my pregnancy ...
Meperidine: MedlinePlus Drug Information
Meperidine: learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus ... If you take meperidine regularly during your pregnancy, your baby may experience life-threatening withdrawal symptoms after ... Before taking meperidine,. *tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to meperidine, any other medications, or any of ... Meperidine may be habit forming, especially with prolonged use. Take meperidine exactly as directed. Do not take more of it, ...
meperidine injection Reviews and User Ratings: Effectiveness, Ease of Use, and Satisfaction
Find user ratings and reviews for meperidine injection on WebMD including side effects and drug interactions, medication ... Pregnancy App. The big day is coming! Get organized and track babys weekly development. Download ... Questions about medications? Get expert answers by video or live chat about allergies, pregnancy, sleep, and more. See the Ask ... Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of meperidine injection. ...
Meperidine Injection: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD
Find patient medical information for meperidine injection on WebMD including its uses, side effects and safety, interactions, ... Should I avoid certain foods while taking Meperidine HCL Cartridge? * What should I know regarding pregnancy, nursing and ... Meperidine HCL Cartridge Common Brand(S): Demerol Generic Name(S): meperidine View Free Coupon * Uses ... Meperidine has a risk for abuse and addiction, which can lead to overdose and death. Meperidine may also cause severe, possibly ...
Meperidine Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information
Meperidine Injection: learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus ... If you using meperidine injection regularly during your pregnancy, your baby may experience life-threatening withdrawal ... Use meperidine injection exactly as directed.. Your doctor may adjust your dose of meperidine injection during your treatment, ... Before using meperidine injection. *tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to meperidine, any other medications, ...
Meperidine and Promethazine | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Using this drug for a long time during pregnancy may lead to withdrawal in the newborn baby. This can be life-threatening. Talk ... Meperidine and Promethazine - Last updated on October 18, 2020. ©2020 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. ... If you have an allergy to meperidine, promethazine, or any other part of this drug. ...
Chapter 36 Pain Management during Pregnancy and Lactation Flashcards by Olabisi Asimolowo | Brainscape
Study Chapter 36 Pain Management during Pregnancy and Lactation flashcards from Olabisi Asimolowo ... Patient-controlled intravenous meperidine administered. for postcesarean delivery analgesia had a negative impact on neonatal ... gluteal region, whereas pregnancy-related low back pain refers to pain in the lumbar region. ... Chapter 36 Pain Management during Pregnancy and Lactation Flashcards Preview Essentials of Pain Medicine , Chapter 36 Pain ...
meperidine and promethazine | Cigna
Meperidine and promethazine is a combination medicine used to treat moderate to severe pain. Meperidine and promethazine may ... Meperidine is an opioid pain medication, sometimes called a narcotic. Promethazine is a sedative and anti-nausea medication. ... Taking this medicine during pregnancy may cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the newborn. ... What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking meperidine and promethazine?. Do not use meperidine and ...
The Intravascular Cooling in the Treatment of Stroke 2/3 Trial - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Diphenoxylate hydrochloride and atropine sulfate | definition of diphenoxylate hydrochloride and atropine sulfate by Medical...
The influence of epidural blockade and pethidine administered during delivery on neonatal myocardial performance.
Previous Document: Smoking cessation in pregnancy. Mode of intervention and effect.. Next Document: Oxytocin or saline injected ... 10024-97-2/Nitrous Oxide; 2180-92-9/Bupivacaine; 57-42-1/Meperidine ... 2195406 - Cocaine: maternal use during pregnancy and its effect on the mother, the fetus, and the.... 24627656 - Congenital ...
Midazolam vs. Meperidine plus Bupivacaine as spinal anaesthesia in woman undergoing caesarean surgery: clinical trial study
Meperidine plus Bupivacaine as spinal anaesthesia in woman undergoing caesarean surgery: clinical trial study, Habib Zakeri, ... BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2010; 10: 52.. *Betran AP, Merialdi M, Lauer JA, Bing-Shun W, Thomas J, Van Look P. Rates of caesarean ... Meperidine plus Bupivacaine as spinal anaesthesia in woman undergoing caesarean surgery: clinical trial study. Habib Zakeri1, ... All 3 groups received 10 mg of 0.5% bupivacaine then 25 mg of meperidine was added for the second group and 2 mg of midazolam ...
Liver Disease and Pregnancy: Overview, Hyperemesis Gravidarum, Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
Certain liver diseases are uniquely associated with pregnancy, whereas others are unrelated. ... Liver disease that occurs during pregnancy can present a challenge for health care providers. ... Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP) occurs in approximately 1-2 per 1,000 pregnancies in the United States.  ICP ... Pregnancy also does not seem to affect the rates of allograft rejection. In a study examining 27 pregnancies after liver ...
Dextrostat (Dextroamphetamine, Dexedrine, Adderall) tablet
Safety for use during pregnancy and lactation has not been established. Although CNS stimulants are seldom indicated after ... meperidine (Demerol); propoxyphene (Darvon, Darvon-N, Dolene); and herbal products or vitamins.The combination of ... puberty, it should be borne in mind that Dextrostat should not be used during pregnancy or in women who may become pregnant. ...
Management of Infants born to Mothers who have used Opioids during Pregnancy | Canadian Paediatric Society
Fentanyl, tramadol and meperidine are synthetic . The most significant effects of maternal opioid dependence and prenatal ... Opioid use during pregnancy, whether prescribed or illicit, can be associated with negative pregnancy and infant outcomes ... Substance use in pregnancy. SOGC Clinical Practice Guideline. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2011;33(4):367-84: www.researchgate.net/ ... The literature reports that opioid substitution therapy during pregnancy may lessen the use of other opioids and illicit drugs ...
Table: Some Drugs That Can Cause Problems During Pregnancy* - Merck Manuals Consumer Version
Meperidine. Morphine. Restlessness, irritability, shaking, difficulty breathing, and feeding problems (symptoms of drug ... When the drugs are taken late in pregnancy, kidney damage in the fetus, a reduction in the amount of fluid around the ... When lithium is taken later in pregnancy, lethargy, reduced muscle tone, poor feeding, underactivity of the thyroid gland, and ... When some beta-blockers are taken during pregnancy, a slowed heart rate, a low blood sugar level, and possibly inadequate ...
Drug Use During Pregnancy - Women's Health Issues - Merck Manuals Consumer Version
Drug Use During Pregnancy - Learn about the causes, symptoms, diagnosis & treatment from the Merck Manuals - Medical Consumer ... Amphetamines during pregnancy Bath salts during pregnancy Cocaine during pregnancy Hallucinogens during pregnancy Marijuana ... Cigarette (tobacco) smoking during pregnancy Alcohol during pregnancy Caffeine during pregnancy Aspartame during pregnancy ... Meperidine. Morphine. Restlessness, irritability, shaking, difficulty breathing, and feeding problems (symptoms of drug ...
Haloperidol - Wikipedia
When taken during pregnancy it may result in problems in the infant. It should not be used in people with Parkinsons disease. ... It was made from pethidine (meperidine). It is on the World Health Organizations List of Essential Medicines. It is the most ... Following accepted general principles, haloperidol should be given during pregnancy only if the benefit to the mother clearly ... although most of the women were exposed to multiple drugs during pregnancy. In addition, reports indicate neonates exposed to ...
Buy meperidine online 50 mg tablets
Meperidine is not recommended to women during pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding. Meperidine should be taken cautiously by ... Thus, Meperidine provides a strong analgesic and a mild sedative effect.. Buy Meperidine pills without prescription, and you ... Meperidine is a strong opioid analgesic of the phenylpiperidines class. The therapeutic effect of Meperidine is similar to the ... Clinical effects of Meperidine injections or tablets may last from three to five hours. Analgesic Meperidine is recommended ...
DEMEROL Dosage & Rx Info | Uses, Side Effects - MPR
Painkillers During Pregnancy and After Birth | POPSUGAR Family
... a pregnancy and parenting brand helping every parent know what to expect, every step of the way. Do you ... There are several different kinds of analgesics, one being Demerol, or meperidine hydrochloride. Demerol is an opiate thats ... Pregnancy Painkillers During Pregnancy and After Birth. 7 Things to Know About Painkillers During and After Childbirth January ... Meghan Markle Speaks Out About "Unbearable Grief" of Pregnancy Loss by Tori Crowther 1 day ago ...
DEXTROAMPHETAMINE SACCHARATE These highlights do not include all the information needed to use DEXTROAMPHETAMINE SACCHARATE,...
8.1 Pregnancy. Pregnancy Exposure Registry There is a pregnancy exposure registry that monitors pregnancy outcomes in women ... Tricyclic antidepressants, norepinephrine, and meperidine: Effects may be potentiated by amphetamines. ( 7.1) ... Pregnancy Registry Advise patients that there is a pregnancy exposure registry that monitors pregnancy outcomes in women ... 8.1 Pregnancy 8.2 Lactation 8.4 Pediatric Use 8.5 Geriatric Use 8.6 Renal Impairment 9 DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE 9.1 Controlled ...
What Types of Opioids are Harmful During Pregnancy?
... Home » Blog » What Types of Opioids are Harmful During Pregnancy? ... Safer Opioids to Take During Pregnancy. While no opioid is considered fully safe to take during pregnancy, there are some that ... Why are These Drugs Considered Dangerous During Pregnancy?. Pain is very common during pregnancy. Lower back pain, pelvic pain ... What Types of Opioids are Harmful During Pregnancy? Prescription opioids are painkillers that a doctor may prescribe after ...
Dilantin - Side Effects, Uses, Dosage, Overdose, Pregnancy, Alcohol | RxWiki
meperidine | PeaceHealth
Meperidine is used to treat moderate-to-severe pain. Meperidine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication ... Meperidine is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic. ... Meperidine may cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in a newborn if the mother has taken this medicine during pregnancy. ... Meperidine may cause breathing problems in your newborn if you use the medication during late pregnancy. Tell your doctor if ...
Treatments for Meperidine -- Teratogenic Agent - RightDiagnosis.com
Treatments for Meperidine - Teratogenic Agent including drugs, prescription medications, alternative treatments, surgery, and ... Pregnancy *Womens Health *Cancer *more product offers...» Meperidine -- Teratogenic Agent: Research Doctors & Specialists. * ... Treatment List for Meperidine -- Teratogenic Agent. The list of treatments mentioned in various sources for Meperidine -- ... Pregnancy & Fertility Health Specialists: *Maternal & Fetal Medicine *Obstetrics & Gynecology *Reproductive Endocrinology & ...
DEMEROLMorphinePethidineHydrochlorideMedicationFentanylTake meperidineAnalgesicMedicationsMethadoneSevere painInjectionStop using mepeEffects of meperidineDosePromethazineOpioids during prSedationInhibitorsInteractionsSedativeEpidural analgesiaPregnantIbuprofenSecond trimesterTherapeuticMidazolamComplicationsIntravenousDosesContains 50 mgNarcoticsFetalOccurWithdrawalPain relieverHypersensitivityNulliparous womenInfantObstetric managementNewbornRelieveChildbirthToxicLactationOpioid use during prPhysiologic changes of pregnancyBreastfeedingRespiratory
- Prolonged use of DEMEROL Injection during pregnancy can result in neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome, which may be life-threatening if not recognized and treated, and requires management according to protocols developed by neonatology experts. (nih.gov)
- The concomitant use of DEMEROL Injection with all cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors may result in an increase in meperidine plasma concentrations, which could increase or prolong adverse reactions and may cause potentially fatal respiratory depression. (nih.gov)
- You may order Meperidine without prescription under the brand name of Demerol on the online pharmacies. (ahefv.com)
- Common drugs used that fall under this category include butorphanol (Stadol), fentanyl (Sublimaze), and meperidine (Demerol). (womens-health.co.uk)
- Analgesics are medications to relieve pain such as meperidine (Demerol). (nyhq.org)
- Demerol (meperidine) is the narcotic analgesic most widely used in obstetrics. (howstuffworks.com)
- phenergan dosage 2 year old Learn about Demerol (Meperidine) pain treatment, uses, demerol and phenergan drug interactions dosage, side effects, drug interactions, is zofran or phenergan better for nausea warnings, patient labeling, reviews, and related medications. (drowsydriving.org)
- Includes provigil active ingredients Demerol side effects, interactions and indications Medscape - Indication-specific dosing for Demerol, pethidine (meperidine), frequency-based adverse effects, comprehensive interactions, contraindications, pregnancy. (drowsydriving.org)
- In the United States and Canada, it is more commonly known as meperidine or by its brand name Demerol. (bionity.com)
- Meperidine belongs to a class of drugs known as opioid analgesics and is similar to morphine . (webmd.com)
- The therapeutic effect of Meperidine is similar to the effect of Morphine. (ahefv.com)
- Meperidine hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic with multiple actions qualitatively similar to those of morphine. (mindsonmeds.com)
- There is some evidence which suggests that meperidine may produce less smooth muscle spasm, constipation, and depression of the cough reflex than equianalgesic doses of morphine. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Meperidine, in 60 mg to 80 mg parenteral doses, is approximately equivalent in analgesic effect to 10 mg of morphine. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Meperidine hydrochloride is an opioid agonist and a Schedule II controlled substance with an abuse liability similar to morphine. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Meperidine is an opioid agonist of the morphine-type. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Other opiates used as medicines "" morphine, meperidine and codeine "" are excreted into the milk in minimal amounts and are compatible with breastfeeding, as are benzodiazepines, as long as they are taken in controlled doses. (redorbit.com)
- Oral, intramuscular, or subcutaneous: 50-100 mg/dose every 3-4 hours (50-75 mg of meperidine is roughly equivalent to 10 mg morphine). (rheumaknowledgy.com)
- Meperidine offers little advantage over morphine and has a worse adverse effect profile, particularly the increased risk of seizures due to normeperidine. (rheumaknowledgy.com)
- When given concomitantly with promethazine hydrochloride, the dose of barbiturates should be reduced by at least one-half and the dose of analgesic depressants, such as morphine or meperidine, should be reduced by one-quarter to one-half. (recallguide.org)
- Meperidine hydrochloride has the potential for addiction, abuse, and misuse, which can lead to overdose and death. (drugs.com)
- Prolonged use of meperidine hydrochloride during pregnancy can result in neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome, which may be life-threatening if not recognized and treated. (drugs.com)
- This opioid analgesic is also available online or at regular pharmacies under the generic name of Meperidine hydrochloride (HCl). (ahefv.com)
- Meperidine hydrochloride tablets are indicated for the relief of moderate to severe pain. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Meperidine hydrochloride, a white crystalline substance with a melting point of 186° C to 189° C. It is readily soluble in water and has a neutral reaction and a slightly bitter taste. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Each tablet for oral administration contains 50 mg or 100 mg of meperidine hydrochloride. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Meperidine Hydrochloride Tablets are contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to meperidine. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Meperidine hydrochloride can be abused in a manner similar to other opioid agonists, legal or illicit. (mindsonmeds.com)
- This should be considered when prescribing or dispensing meperidine hydrochloride in situations where the physician or pharmacist is concerned about an increased risk of misuse, abuse, or diversion. (mindsonmeds.com)
- Meperidine hydrochloride tablets has been reported as being abused by crushing, chewing, snorting, or injecting the dissolved product. (mindsonmeds.com)
- meperidine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. (drugs.com)
- Meperidine may harm or cause death to other people who take your medication, especially children. (medlineplus.gov)
- Your doctor or pharmacist will give you the manufacturer's patient information sheet (Medication Guide) when you begin treatment with meperidine and each time you fill your prescription. (medlineplus.gov)
- During pregnancy , this medication should be used only when clearly needed. (webmd.com)
- Meperidine is an opioid pain medication, sometimes called a narcotic. (cigna.com)
- For 10 (23.3%) subjects in the Midazolam group, 19 (61.3%) subjects in the meperidine group and 24 (77.4%) subjects in the placebo group were used anti-nausea medication. (alliedacademies.org)
- However, some online pharmacies offer their customers to order the pain medication Meperidine without prescription. (ahefv.com)
- Ensure accuracy when prescribing, dispensing, and administering oral soln: risk of medication dosing errors due to confusion between mg and mL, and with meperidine solns of different concentrations. (empr.com)
- Meperidine is an opioid pain medication. (peacehealth.org)
- Meperidine may cause breathing problems in your newborn if you use the medication during late pregnancy. (peacehealth.org)
- Nevertheless, experience and studies in animals have given us some guidance on medication safety in pregnancy. (verywellhealth.com)
- This medication must be used only if clearly needed during pregnancy. (patientassistance.com)
- Take meperidine exactly as directed. (medlineplus.gov)
- Your doctor will probably tell you not to take meperidine. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you take meperidine with any of these medications and you develop any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical care: unusual dizziness, lightheadedness, extreme sleepiness, slowed or difficult breathing, or unresponsiveness. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you take meperidine regularly during your pregnancy, your baby may experience life-threatening withdrawal symptoms after birth. (medlineplus.gov)
- How should I take meperidine and promethazine? (cigna.com)
- Take meperidine with food or milk if it causes stomach upset. (cigna.com)
- Never take meperidine in larger amounts, or for longer than prescribed. (peacehealth.org)
- Meperidine is a strong opioid analgesic of the phenylpiperidines class. (ahefv.com)
- Thus, Meperidine provides a strong analgesic and a mild sedative effect. (ahefv.com)
- Buy Meperidine pills without prescription, and you will feel a significant pain relief in 15 minutes upon the first analgesic dose. (ahefv.com)
- The therapeutic dose of Meperidine depends on the patient's age, weight, tolerance of the opioid analgesic, as well as the pain cause and intensity. (ahefv.com)
- Analgesic Meperidine is recommended only for relieving moderate to severe periodic pain. (ahefv.com)
- Before buying the pills or injections Meperidine without prescription, read the instruction with detailed information on the correct use of this opioid analgesic. (ahefv.com)
- The analgesic Meperidine is contraindicated during treatment with MAO inhibitors. (ahefv.com)
- To reduce the risk of the toxic Meperidine effect, such as shivering, do not use this opioid analgesic for a long time. (ahefv.com)
- Taking certain medications during your treatment with meperidine may increase the risk that you will develop serious or life-threatening breathing problems, sedation, or coma. (medlineplus.gov)
- Drinking alcohol, taking prescription or nonprescription medications that contain alcohol, or using street drugs during your treatment with meperidine increases the risk that you will experience these serious, life-threatening side effects. (medlineplus.gov)
- Drinking alcohol, taking prescription or nonprescription medications that contain alcohol, or using street drugs during your treatment with meperidine increases the risk that you will experience serious, life-threatening side effects. (medlineplus.gov)
- Meperidine injection is in a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics. (medlineplus.gov)
- Also, other medications can affect the removal of meperidine from your body, which may affect how meperidine works. (webmd.com)
- In addition, you may buy Meperidine-containing combined pain relief medications. (ahefv.com)
- It is important to understand how the safe use of medications during pregnancy is determined. (verywellhealth.com)
- Discover what medications are safest to use to treat sleep disorders in pregnancy. (verywellhealth.com)
- Using the categories outlined above, medications for the treatment of the most common sleep disorders during pregnancy can be grouped. (verywellhealth.com)
- Pregnancy Image Gallery Medications and anesthesia are available to help ease the physical and emotional pain that can go along with labor. (howstuffworks.com)
- Meperidine belongs to the class of medications known as narcotic analgesics (pain relievers). (canoe.com)
- The FDA has not formally approved methadone use during pregnancy. (charlesboyk-law.com)
- Meperidine injection is used to relieve moderate to severe pain. (drugs.com)
- Meperidine and promethazine is a combination medicine used to treat moderate to severe pain. (cigna.com)
- To maintain Meperidine effectiveness in severe pain relief and to prevent the adverse reactions, do not abuse this sedative and do not take it in high doses. (ahefv.com)
- Appropriate studies have not been performed on the relationship of age to the effects of meperidine injection in children. (drugs.com)
- No information is available on the relationship of age to the effects of meperidine injection in geriatric patients. (drugs.com)
- However, elderly patients are more likely to have age-related kidney or liver problems, which may require caution and an adjustment in the dose for patients receiving meperidine injection. (drugs.com)
- Meperidine injection may be habit forming, especially with prolonged use. (medlineplus.gov)
- Use meperidine injection exactly as directed. (medlineplus.gov)
- While you are using meperidine injection, discuss with your health care provider your pain treatment goals, length of treatment, and other ways to manage your pain. (medlineplus.gov)
- Talk to your doctor about the risks of using meperidine injection. (medlineplus.gov)
- Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of meperidine injection. (webmd.com)
- If the effect is insufficient, another dose may be taken in three or four hours upon the first application of Meperidine pills or injection. (ahefv.com)
Stop using mepe2
Effects of meperidine2
- Clinical effects of Meperidine injections or tablets may last from three to five hours. (ahefv.com)
- The respiratory-depressant effects of meperidine and its capacity to elevate cerebrospinal-fluid pressure may be markedly exaggerated in the presence of head injury, other intracranial lesions, or preexisting increase in intracranial pressure. (recallguide.org)
- Meperidine may cause serious or life-threatening breathing problems, especially during the first 24 to 72 hours of your treatment and any time your dose is increased. (medlineplus.gov)
- To lower your risk, your doctor should have you use the smallest dose of meperidine that works, and use it for the shortest possible time. (webmd.com)
- To relieve strong or moderate pain in adult patients, the recommended therapeutic dose of Meperidine is 50-150 mg. (ahefv.com)
- Treatment of pain in children is recommended starting with a dose of 1.1 - 1.8 mg/kg of Meperidine. (ahefv.com)
- At low therapeutic response to Meperidine, another dose may be taken in four hours upon the first dose. (ahefv.com)
- When Meperidine is combined with the CNS depressants, these drugs may require dose adjustments. (ahefv.com)
- Meperidine can slow or stop your breathing, especially when you start using this medicine or whenever your dose is changed. (peacehealth.org)
- One study found evidence that a fairly low supplemental dose of iron-20 mg daily-is very nearly as effective for treating anemia of pregnancy as 40 mg or even 80 mg daily, and is less likely to cause gastrointestinal side effects. (medicalcityhospital.com)
- Median VAS scores following first dose were 0 (0-5), 5 (3-8) and 5 (3-8) in epidural, meperidine and tramadol groups, respectively. (csen.com)
- In finegold m (ed): Pathology of carcinoma in uremic acquired renal cystic disease in pregnancy: Con- for the conversion of cmdt15_ch21_p1066-p1089.Indd 983 6/5/15 9:28 am 962 cmdt 2020 c 5 hapter fibrosis, bronchopulmonary mycosis, and central nervous system) or to establish a bedtime dose either of the pelvic floor. (goodbelly.com)
- The usual adult dose of meperidine is 50 mg to 150 mg taken every 3 to 4 hours, as prescribed by the doctor and as necessary for pain. (canoe.com)
- If you have an allergy to meperidine, promethazine, or any other part of this drug. (mskcc.org)
- What is the most important information I should know about meperidine and promethazine? (cigna.com)
- Meperidine and promethazine can slow or stop your breathing, and may be habit-forming. (cigna.com)
- Meperidine and promethazine should not be given to a child younger than 2 years old. (cigna.com)
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking meperidine and promethazine? (cigna.com)
- Do not use meperidine and promethazine if you have used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. (cigna.com)
- Meperidine and promethazine is not approved for use by anyone younger 2 years old. (cigna.com)
- If you use meperidine and promethazine while you are pregnant, your baby could become dependent on the drug. (cigna.com)
- Meperidine and promethazine can pass into breast milk and may cause drowsiness or breathing problems in a nursing baby. (cigna.com)
- Meperidine and promethazine may be habit-forming. (cigna.com)
- Selling or giving away meperidine and promethazine is against the law. (cigna.com)
- Meperidine and promethazine is a drug of abuse and you should be aware if anyone is using your medicine improperly or without a prescription. (cigna.com)
Opioids during pr3
- When a woman is dependent on opioids during pregnancy, it could cause many complications. (charlesboyk-law.com)
- In the worst-case scenarios, being addicted to opioids during pregnancy may cause miscarriage or fetal death . (charlesboyk-law.com)
- When mothers use opioids during pregnancy, their babies become dependent on the drug. (kidshealth.org)
- Concomitant use or discontinuation of concomitantly used cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors may effect meperidine plasma concentrations and lead to fatal respiratory depression, profound sedation, opioid toxicity, and/or opioid withdrawal. (drugs.com)
- Meperidine and propofol can be used for endoscopic sedation. (medscape.com)
- Concomitant meperidine, other opioids (See Interactions). (endocrinologyadvisor.com)
- Meperidine should be used with great caution and in reduced dosage in patients who are concurrently receiving other narcotic analgesics, general anesthetics, phenothiazines, other tranquilizers, sedative-hypnotics, tricyclic antidepressants, and other CNS depressants (including alcohol). (recallguide.org)
- meperidine and tramadol with epidural analgesia. (csen.com)
- OBJECTIVE: To estimate the effects of initiation of epidural analgesia on fetal heart rate (FHR) patterns compared with intravenous meperidine analgesia. (afar.info)
- METHODS: Fetal heart rate patterns in 200 nulliparous women with term pregnancies randomized to epidural analgesia with 0.25% bupivacaine were compared with those of 156 similar women given intravenous meperidine. (afar.info)
- Specifically, 41% of women given meperidine exhibited FHR decelerations within 40 minutes, compared with 34% given epidural analgesia (P =.353). (afar.info)
- Obstetric providers should discuss risks and benefits of opioid therapy for chronic pain during pregnancy, screen all pregnant women for substance use, misuse, and use disorders, including those involving prescription opioids, and provide referral and treatment, as indicated. (cdc.gov)
- Although CNS stimulants are seldom indicated after puberty, it should be borne in mind that Dextrostat should not be used during pregnancy or in women who may become pregnant. (depression-guide.com)
- More than 50% of pregnant women take prescription or nonprescription (over-the-counter) drugs or use social drugs (such as tobacco and alcohol) or illicit drugs at some time during pregnancy, and use of drugs during pregnancy is increasing. (merckmanuals.com)
- Reports in pregnant women revealed possible damage to the fetus, although most of the women were exposed to multiple drugs during pregnancy. (wikipedia.org)
- Pregnant women who are not anemic should not take more than the recommended daily allowance of iron in pregnancy, as excess iron intake may be harmful both for pregnant women and their unborn children. (medicalcityhospital.com)
- It was a retrospective study and medical records of all pregnant patients who underwent endoscopy during pregnancy from January 2000 to January 2014 were analyzed. (cureus.com)
- Meperidine should not be used in pregnant women prior to the labor period, unless in the judgment of the physician the potential benefits outweigh the possible hazards, because safe use in pregnancy prior to labor has not been established relative to possible adverse effects on fetal development. (recallguide.org)
- Therefore, it should not be administered to pregnant women (particularly during the first trimester of pregnancy) unless the expected benefit to the patient clearly outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. (depression-guide.com)
- But the guidelines caution that aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen should only be used for two to three days during pregnancy and should be avoided in the first and third trimesters. (drbicuspid.com)
- Endoscopy is safe in pregnancy but should be deferred until the second trimester if possible. (medscape.com)
- Cervical score and onset of spontaneous labor in prolonged pregnancy dated by second-trimester ultrasonic scan. (biomedsearch.com)
- Endoscopic procedures are generally performed in case of strong indication preferably in the second trimester of pregnancy  . (cureus.com)
- To manage the pain faster, buy Meperidine injections that provide the therapeutic effect within 10 minutes after administration. (ahefv.com)
- Therapeutic doses of meperidine have occasionally precipitated unpredictable, severe, and occasionally fatal reactions in patients who have received such agents within 14 days. (mindsonmeds.com)
- All 3 groups received 10 mg of 0.5% bupivacaine then 25 mg of meperidine was added for the second group and 2 mg of midazolam was used for the third group while the first group received placebo in addition to bupivacaine. (alliedacademies.org)
- This investigation demonstrates that meperidine for its longer duration of analgesia is better than midazolam while with regard to having fewer side effects, the reverse is preferable. (alliedacademies.org)
- All 87 women completed a full term of pregnancy without serious obstetric or urologic complications. (medscape.com)
- Pregnancy complications. (isciii.es)
- data on any complications during or after pregnancy were recorded as well. (cureus.com)
- Although safety of GI endoscopy is well established in the general population with some risks of complications  , the potential risks associated with these procedures are not well established in case of pregnancy. (cureus.com)
- Intravenous labetalol or hydralazine or oral nifedipine may be used to treat severe hypertension during pregnancy. (aafp.org)
- Meperidine may be habit-forming, even at regular doses. (peacehealth.org)
Contains 50 mg1
- Each white tablet with stylized 'W' on one side, scored on the other with 'D' above and '35' below, contains 50 mg of meperidine HCl. (canoe.com)
- Opioid use during pregnancy has been associated with poor infant outcomes, such as neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome ( 7 ), preterm birth, poor fetal growth, and stillbirth ( 8 ). (cdc.gov)
- Following accepted general principles, haloperidol should be given during pregnancy only if the benefit to the mother clearly outweighs the potential fetal risk. (wikipedia.org)
- Even when placenta problems are not present, there may be a danger of slow fetal growth due to opioid dependence during pregnancy and breastfeeding. (charlesboyk-law.com)
- A comparison of the effects of epidural and meperidine analgesia during labor on fetal heart rate. (afar.info)
- [ 1 ] Liver disease such as acute viral hepatitis can occur in pregnancy, and pregnancy may occur in a patient with underlying chronic liver disease, including patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension, and patients who have undergone liver transplantation. (medscape.com)
- Venous insufficiency/varicose veins occur outside pregnancy as well, and a wide variety of natural treatments have shown promise in their treatment, including buckwheat, butcher's broom , citrus bioflavonoids , gotu kola , horse chestnut , oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) , and red vine leaf. (medicalcityhospital.com)
- Certain conditions such as insomnia and restless legs syndrome (RLS) may occur more frequently during pregnancy. (verywellhealth.com)
- Throughout the pregnancy, she may also develop preeclampsia, which is a condition that may occur during pregnancy and could cause high blood pressure and possible fluid retention. (charlesboyk-law.com)
- CDC analyzed 2019 data from the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) survey in 32 jurisdictions and maternal and infant health surveys in two additional jurisdictions not participating in PRAMS to estimate self-reported prescription opioid pain reliever (prescription opioid) use during pregnancy overall and by maternal characteristics among women with a recent live birth. (cdc.gov)
- PRAMS* and two additional jurisdictions' maternal and infant health surveys conducted during 2019 were used to describe population-based, self-reported estimates of prescription opioid pain reliever (prescription opioid) use during pregnancy. (cdc.gov)
- Meperidine pills or injections are also contraindicated to patients with severe respiratory failure or hypersensitivity to the drug. (ahefv.com)
- One hundred and twenty-eight term nulliparous women with singleton pregnancy and vertex presentation were randomized to receive either epidural (n=43), meperidine (n=39) or tramadol (n=44). (csen.com)
- This study describes source of prescription opioids, reasons for use, want or need to cut down or stop use, and receipt of health care provider counseling on how use during pregnancy can affect an infant. (cdc.gov)
- Among these women, 21.2% reported misuse (a source other than a health care provider or a reason for use other than pain), 27.1% indicated wanting or needing to cut down or stop using, and 68.1% received counseling from a provider on how prescription opioid use during pregnancy could affect an infant. (cdc.gov)
- Opioid use during pregnancy, whether prescribed or illicit, can be associated with negative pregnancy and infant outcomes including prematurity, low birth weight, increased risk of spontaneous abortion, sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and infant neurobehavioural abnormalities  . (cps.ca)
- When taken during pregnancy it may result in problems in the infant. (wikipedia.org)
- Derived Polioviruses -- Worldwide, July 2018- pregnancy can affect an infant. (cdc.gov)
- 930 Absence of Apparent Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from use during pregnancy could affect an infant. (cdc.gov)
- This chapter reviews the most relevant physiologic changes of pregnancy and discusses the approach to obstetric management using regional anesthesia. (nysora.com)
- Dental care during pregnancy is safe and can help prevent the transmission of caries-causing bacteria to newborn children, according to multiple experts, including general dentists and public health educators . (drbicuspid.com)
- For ex- avoid confusing the ample, meperidine is metabolized to normeperidine, a toxic drugs, never use abbre- metabolite with a longer half-life than meperidine. (ipmsstockholm.org)
- Half-life of meperidine is 3-4 hours, but that of the toxic metabolite normeperidine is 15-30 hours and depends on renal function. (rheumaknowledgy.com)
- Safety for use during pregnancy and lactation has not been established. (depression-guide.com)
Opioid use during pr9
- Data on self-reported prescription opioid use during pregnancy are limited. (cdc.gov)
- Analysis of 2019 survey data found that 6.6% of women reported prescription opioid use during pregnancy. (cdc.gov)
- Prescription opioid use during pregnancy has been associated with poor outcomes for mothers and infants. (cdc.gov)
- An estimated 6.6% of respondents reported prescription opioid use during pregnancy. (cdc.gov)
- 918 Detection and Genetic Characterization of scription opioid use during pregnancy. (cdc.gov)
- During 2017-2018, 42.5% of opioid-related overdose deaths (prescription opioid) use during pregnancy. (cdc.gov)
- The dangers of opioid use during pregnancy and breastfeeding may also be passed onto the child, who could suffer from permanent effects. (charlesboyk-law.com)
- Like any drug dependency that a fetus could be exposed to in the womb, regular opioid use during pregnancy could also cause the baby to become addicted to the drug. (charlesboyk-law.com)
- An attorney could help you learn the dangers of opioid use during pregnancy and breastfeeding and what options may be available to you. (charlesboyk-law.com)
Physiologic changes of pregnancy1
- Summary of physiologic changes of pregnancy at term. (nysora.com)
- The danger of opioid use to the baby while breastfeeding and pregnancy may depend on which opioid is being used. (charlesboyk-law.com)
- The advice is to give up smoking during pregnancy and breastfeeding, or at least to limit the habit as much as possible, extend the time between the last cigarette and the baby's feed, use nicotine patches, smoke outside the house and avoid smoky environments. (redorbit.com)
- However, in contrast to the latter, Meperidine has less impact on the patient's respiratory system. (ahefv.com)
- Take precautions during therapy with Meperidine pills or injections, if you have traumatic brain injury, intracranial pressure or such respiratory diseases, as sleep apnea, respiratory failure, or asthma. (ahefv.com)
- Respiratory depression was noted among three neonates in the meperidine group, two in the tramadol group and none in the epidural group. (csen.com)
- Meperidine should be used with extreme caution in patients having an acute asthmatic attack, patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or cor pulmonale, patients having substantially decreased respiratory reserve, and patients with preexisting respiratory depression, hypoxia, or hypercapnia. (recallguide.org)