Ventricular Function, Left
Ventricular Dysfunction, Left
A condition in which the LEFT VENTRICLE of the heart was functionally impaired. This condition usually leads to HEART FAILURE; MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION; and other cardiovascular complications. Diagnosis is made by measuring the diminished ejection fraction and a depressed level of motility of the left ventricular wall.
Ventricular Function, Right
Ventricular Dysfunction, Right
A condition in which the RIGHT VENTRICLE of the heart was functionally impaired. This condition usually leads to HEART FAILURE or MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION, and other cardiovascular complications. Diagnosis is made by measuring the diminished ejection fraction and a depressed level of motility of the right ventricular wall.
Hypertrophy, Left Ventricular
Hypertrophy, Right Ventricular
Recording of the moment-to-moment electromotive forces of the HEART as projected onto various sites on the body's surface, delineated as a scalar function of time. The recording is monitored by a tracing on slow moving chart paper or by observing it on a cardioscope, which is a CATHODE RAY TUBE DISPLAY.
Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
A heterogeneous condition in which the heart is unable to pump out sufficient blood to meet the metabolic need of the body. Heart failure can be caused by structural defects, functional abnormalities (VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION), or a sudden overload beyond its capacity. Chronic heart failure is more common than acute heart failure which results from sudden insult to cardiac function, such as MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION.
Cardiac Pacing, Artificial
Coronary Vessel Anomalies
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
Reproductive rights rest on the recognition of the basic right of all couples and individuals to decide freely and responsibly the number, spacing and timing of their children and to have the information and means to do so, and the right to attain the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health. They also include the right of all to make decisions concerning reproduction free of discrimination, coercion and violence.
The pressure within a CARDIAC VENTRICLE. Ventricular pressure waveforms can be measured in the beating heart by catheterization or estimated using imaging techniques (e.g., DOPPLER ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY). The information is useful in evaluating the function of the MYOCARDIUM; CARDIAC VALVES; and PERICARDIUM, particularly with simultaneous measurement of other (e.g., aortic or atrial) pressures.
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Human Rights Abuses
Right to Die
Heart Conduction System
Analysis of Variance
A localized bulging or dilatation in the muscle wall of a heart (MYOCARDIUM), usually in the LEFT VENTRICLE. Blood-filled aneurysms are dangerous because they may burst. Fibrous aneurysms interfere with the heart function through the loss of contractility. True aneurysm is bound by the vessel wall or cardiac wall. False aneurysms are HEMATOMA caused by myocardial rupture.
A conical fibro-serous sac surrounding the HEART and the roots of the great vessels (AORTA; VENAE CAVAE; PULMONARY ARTERY). Pericardium consists of two sacs: the outer fibrous pericardium and the inner serous pericardium. The latter consists of an outer parietal layer facing the fibrous pericardium, and an inner visceral layer (epicardium) resting next to the heart, and a pericardial cavity between these two layers.
A group of diseases in which the dominant feature is the involvement of the CARDIAC MUSCLE itself. Cardiomyopathies are classified according to their predominant pathophysiological features (DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHY; HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY; RESTRICTIVE CARDIOMYOPATHY) or their etiological/pathological factors (CARDIOMYOPATHY, ALCOHOLIC; ENDOCARDIAL FIBROELASTOSIS).
Heart Defects, Congenital
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Vena Cava, Superior
Echocardiography, Doppler, Color
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Electrophysiologic Techniques, Cardiac
Tetralogy of Fallot
A combination of congenital heart defects consisting of four key features including VENTRICULAR SEPTAL DEFECTS; PULMONARY STENOSIS; RIGHT VENTRICULAR HYPERTROPHY; and a dextro-positioned AORTA. In this condition, blood from both ventricles (oxygen-rich and oxygen-poor) is pumped into the body often causing CYANOSIS.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Disease Models, Animal
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Heart Septal Defects, Ventricular
Developmental abnormalities in any portion of the VENTRICULAR SEPTUM resulting in abnormal communications between the two lower chambers of the heart. Classification of ventricular septal defects is based on location of the communication, such as perimembranous, inlet, outlet (infundibular), central muscular, marginal muscular, or apical muscular defect.
Ventricular Outflow Obstruction
A form of CARDIAC MUSCLE disease, characterized by left and/or right ventricular hypertrophy (HYPERTROPHY, LEFT VENTRICULAR; HYPERTROPHY, RIGHT VENTRICULAR), frequent asymmetrical involvement of the HEART SEPTUM, and normal or reduced left ventricular volume. Risk factors include HYPERTENSION; AORTIC STENOSIS; and gene MUTATION; (FAMILIAL HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY).
The muscular structure separating the right and the left lower chambers (HEART VENTRICLES) of the heart. The ventricular septum consists of a very small membranous portion just beneath the AORTIC VALVE, and a large thick muscular portion consisting of three sections including the inlet septum, the trabecular septum, and the outlet septum.
A disorder of cardiac function caused by insufficient blood flow to the muscle tissue of the heart. The decreased blood flow may be due to narrowing of the coronary arteries (CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE), to obstruction by a thrombus (CORONARY THROMBOSIS), or less commonly, to diffuse narrowing of arterioles and other small vessels within the heart. Severe interruption of the blood supply to the myocardial tissue may result in necrosis of cardiac muscle (MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION).
Heart Septal Defects, Atrial
Developmental abnormalities in any portion of the ATRIAL SEPTUM resulting in abnormal communications between the two upper chambers of the heart. Classification of atrial septal defects is based on location of the communication and types of incomplete fusion of atrial septa with the ENDOCARDIAL CUSHIONS in the fetal heart. They include ostium primum, ostium secundum, sinus venosus, and coronary sinus defects.
An abnormally rapid ventricular rhythm usually in excess of 150 beats per minute. It is generated within the ventricle below the BUNDLE OF HIS, either as autonomic impulse formation or reentrant impulse conduction. Depending on the etiology, onset of ventricular tachycardia can be paroxysmal (sudden) or nonparoxysmal, its wide QRS complexes can be uniform or polymorphic, and the ventricular beating may be independent of the atrial beating (AV dissociation).
Vena Cava, Inferior
The failure by the observer to measure or identify a phenomenon accurately, which results in an error. Sources for this may be due to the observer's missing an abnormality, or to faulty technique resulting in incorrect test measurement, or to misinterpretation of the data. Two varieties are inter-observer variation (the amount observers vary from one another when reporting on the same material) and intra-observer variation (the amount one observer varies between observations when reporting more than once on the same material).
Echocardiography amplified by the addition of depth to the conventional two-dimensional ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY visualizing only the length and width of the heart. Three-dimensional ultrasound imaging was first described in 1961 but its application to echocardiography did not take place until 1974. (Mayo Clin Proc 1993;68:221-40)
Abnormal cardiac rhythm that is characterized by rapid, uncoordinated firing of electrical impulses in the upper chambers of the heart (HEART ATRIA). In such case, blood cannot be effectively pumped into the lower chambers of the heart (HEART VENTRICLES). It is caused by abnormal impulse generation.
Tomography, Emission-Computed, Single-Photon
A method of computed tomography that uses radionuclides which emit a single photon of a given energy. The camera is rotated 180 or 360 degrees around the patient to capture images at multiple positions along the arc. The computer is then used to reconstruct the transaxial, sagittal, and coronal images from the 3-dimensional distribution of radionuclides in the organ. The advantages of SPECT are that it can be used to observe biochemical and physiological processes as well as size and volume of the organ. The disadvantage is that, unlike positron-emission tomography where the positron-electron annihilation results in the emission of 2 photons at 180 degrees from each other, SPECT requires physical collimation to line up the photons, which results in the loss of many available photons and hence degrades the image.
Gated Blood-Pool Imaging
Radionuclide ventriculography where scintigraphic data is acquired during repeated cardiac cycles at specific times in the cycle, using an electrocardiographic synchronizer or gating device. Analysis of right ventricular function is difficult with this technique; that is best evaluated by first-pass ventriculography (VENTRICULOGRAPHY, FIRST-PASS).
Severity of Illness Index
The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Cine
A type of imaging technique used primarily in the field of cardiology. By coordinating the fast gradient-echo MRI sequence with retrospective ECG-gating, numerous short time frames evenly spaced in the cardiac cycle are produced. These images are laced together in a cinematic display so that wall motion of the ventricles, valve motion, and blood flow patterns in the heart and great vessels can be visualized.
Body Surface Potential Mapping
Recording of regional electrophysiological information by analysis of surface potentials to give a complete picture of the effects of the currents from the heart on the body surface. It has been applied to the diagnosis of old inferior myocardial infarction, localization of the bypass pathway in Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, recognition of ventricular hypertrophy, estimation of the size of a myocardial infarct, and the effects of different interventions designed to reduce infarct size. The limiting factor at present is the complexity of the recording and analysis, which requires 100 or more electrodes, sophisticated instrumentation, and dedicated personnel. (Braunwald, Heart Disease, 4th ed)
Tricuspid Valve Insufficiency
Sensitivity and Specificity
Aortic Valve Stenosis
Impaired conduction of cardiac impulse that can occur anywhere along the conduction pathway, such as between the SINOATRIAL NODE and the right atrium (SA block) or between atria and ventricles (AV block). Heart blocks can be classified by the duration, frequency, or completeness of conduction block. Reversibility depends on the degree of structural or functional defects.
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Coronary Artery Bypass
A cognitive disorder marked by an impaired ability to comprehend or express language in its written or spoken form. This condition is caused by diseases which affect the language areas of the dominant hemisphere. Clinical features are used to classify the various subtypes of this condition. General categories include receptive, expressive, and mixed forms of aphasia.
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Blood Flow Velocity
A pyrrolizidine alkaloid and a toxic plant constituent that poisons livestock and humans through the ingestion of contaminated grains and other foods. The alkaloid causes pulmonary artery hypertension, right ventricular hypertrophy, and pathological changes in the pulmonary vasculature. Significant attenuation of the cardiopulmonary changes are noted after oral magnesium treatment.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
A technique that involves the use of electrical coils on the head to generate a brief magnetic field which reaches the CEREBRAL CORTEX. It is coupled with ELECTROMYOGRAPHY response detection to assess cortical excitability by the threshold required to induce MOTOR EVOKED POTENTIALS. This method is also used for BRAIN MAPPING, to study NEUROPHYSIOLOGY, and as a substitute for ELECTROCONVULSIVE THERAPY for treating DEPRESSION. Induction of SEIZURES limits its clinical usage.
The rostral part of the frontal lobe, bounded by the inferior precentral fissure in humans, which receives projection fibers from the MEDIODORSAL NUCLEUS OF THE THALAMUS. The prefrontal cortex receives afferent fibers from numerous structures of the DIENCEPHALON; MESENCEPHALON; and LIMBIC SYSTEM as well as cortical afferents of visual, auditory, and somatic origin.
Pulmonary Valve Insufficiency
Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
Double Outlet Right Ventricle
Incomplete transposition of the great vessels in which both the AORTA and the PULMONARY ARTERY arise from the RIGHT VENTRICLE. The only outlet of the LEFT VENTRICLE is a large ventricular septal defect (VENTRICULAR SEPTAL DEFECTS or VSD). The various subtypes are classified by the location of the septal defect, such as subaortic, subpulmonary, or noncommitted.
Natriuretic Peptide, Brain
The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
Any of various animals that constitute the family Suidae and comprise stout-bodied, short-legged omnivorous mammals with thick skin, usually covered with coarse bristles, a rather long mobile snout, and small tail. Included are the genera Babyrousa, Phacochoerus (wart hogs), and Sus, the latter containing the domestic pig (see SUS SCROFA).
Rapid, irregular atrial contractions caused by a block of electrical impulse conduction in the right atrium and a reentrant wave front traveling up the inter-atrial septum and down the right atrial free wall or vice versa. Unlike ATRIAL FIBRILLATION which is caused by abnormal impulse generation, typical atrial flutter is caused by abnormal impulse conduction. As in atrial fibrillation, patients with atrial flutter cannot effectively pump blood into the lower chambers of the heart (HEART VENTRICLES).
Bundle of His
Small band of specialized CARDIAC MUSCLE fibers that originates in the ATRIOVENTRICULAR NODE and extends into the membranous part of the interventricular septum. The bundle of His, consisting of the left and the right bundle branches, conducts the electrical impulses to the HEART VENTRICLES in generation of MYOCARDIAL CONTRACTION.
A spectrum of congenital, inherited, or acquired abnormalities in BLOOD VESSELS that can adversely affect the normal blood flow in ARTERIES or VEINS. Most are congenital defects such as abnormal communications between blood vessels (fistula), shunting of arterial blood directly into veins bypassing the CAPILLARIES (arteriovenous malformations), formation of large dilated blood blood-filled vessels (cavernous angioma), and swollen capillaries (capillary telangiectases). In rare cases, vascular malformations can result from trauma or diseases.
Heart Septal Defects
Cardiac Output, Low
A state of subnormal or depressed cardiac output at rest or during stress. It is a characteristic of CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES, including congenital, valvular, rheumatic, hypertensive, coronary, and cardiomyopathic. The serious form of low cardiac output is characterized by marked reduction in STROKE VOLUME, and systemic vasoconstriction resulting in cold, pale, and sometimes cyanotic extremities.
Heart Valve Diseases
A potentially lethal cardiac arrhythmia that is characterized by uncoordinated extremely rapid firing of electrical impulses (400-600/min) in HEART VENTRICLES. Such asynchronous ventricular quivering or fibrillation prevents any effective cardiac output and results in unconsciousness (SYNCOPE). It is one of the major electrocardiographic patterns seen with CARDIAC ARREST.
Mitral Valve Stenosis
Narrowing of the passage through the MITRAL VALVE due to FIBROSIS, and CALCINOSIS in the leaflets and chordal areas. This elevates the left atrial pressure which, in turn, raises pulmonary venous and capillary pressure leading to bouts of DYSPNEA and TACHYCARDIA during physical exertion. RHEUMATIC FEVER is its primary cause.
Graphic registration of the heart sounds picked up as vibrations and transformed by a piezoelectric crystal microphone into a varying electrical output according to the stresses imposed by the sound waves. The electrical output is amplified by a stethograph amplifier and recorded by a device incorporated into the electrocardiograph or by a multichannel recording machine.
Agents used for the treatment or prevention of cardiac arrhythmias. They may affect the polarization-repolarization phase of the action potential, its excitability or refractoriness, or impulse conduction or membrane responsiveness within cardiac fibers. Anti-arrhythmia agents are often classed into four main groups according to their mechanism of action: sodium channel blockade, beta-adrenergic blockade, repolarization prolongation, or calcium channel blockade.
"Shadow Cabinet Eloection Results". Political Scrapbook. "Next Left". 10 October 2010. Archived from the original on 30 June ... On leaving the NUS, he was elected as a councillor in the London Borough of Islington at a 1992 by-election, representing the ... "No School Left Behind - speech by Stephen Twigg". Labour. The Labour Party. Archived from the original on 6 July 2015. ...
"Left Communist , Russian political faction". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 30 September 2018. Max Frankel, "Stalin's ... The United States was left as the world's only superpower. The Cold War and its events have left a significant legacy. It is ... at the political decision-making level on either side. Similarly, there is no evidence, on either side, of any major political ... The Airlift was as much a logistical as a political and psychological success for the West; it firmly linked West Berlin to the ...
Origins of the Cold War
"Left Communist , Russian political faction". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 2018-09-30. Kinvig, Clifford (2007-11-23). ... The political situation in Iran was a flashpoint between the major players in 1945-46, with the Soviet Union sponsoring two ... A Political and Economic Dictionary of Eastern Europe, pg. 405 NDTV.com: Stalin offered troops to stop Hitler: Report Archived ... Differences in the political and economic systems of Western democracies and the Soviet Union-dictatorship by one party versus ...
1996 Tasmanian state election
"New Tasmanian political party". Green Left Online. 20 April 1994.[permanent dead link] (1994) Democracy through education, ... This left a Liberal minority government as the only realistic option. Groom was not willing to break his own promise to only ... The Extremely Greedy 40% Extra Party was a single-issue political party which contested the election. It was formed to oppose ...
Party of Slavic Unity of Ukraine
Left-center parties. Political parties of Ukraine. Information about the party. ... Party of Slavic Unity of Ukraine is a more radical political party that was created as an off-shot of the Civil Congress of ...
"British political pseudonyms" (PDF). Left on the Shelf. p. 2. Andrews, Geoff (7 June 2017). "Abe Lazarus and the Lost World of ... As a communist organiser in Oxford, Lazarus also supported other political work, such as raising money for refugee children ...
"British Political Pseudonyms" (PDF). Left On The Shelf. Retrieved 5 September 2010. Sean Matgamna, "The RSL (Militant) in the ... It has been argued by some on the left that Matgamna's embrace of the politics of Shachtman and Draper, which he has described ... When Militant refused to circulate it among the membership, he and his supporters left the organisation. Matgamna, working with ... He later proposed granting the Protestant (overwhelmingly Unionist) community political autonomy within a united Ireland. Some ...
1979 Kurdish rebellion in Iran
Muhammad Kamal (1986). "Iranian Left In Political Dilemma". Pakistan Horizon. Karachi: Pakistan Institute of International ... "Free to discuss its political views, the KDPI came out of thirty years of clandestine existence and made public claims for ... About 10,000 people were killed in the course of the Kurdish rebellion, with 1,200 of them being Kurdish political prisoners, ... With traumatic experience during the Pahlavi rule in Iran and two major failed rebellions in 1946 and 1967, Kurdish political ...
Muhammad Kamal (1986). "Iranian Left In Political Dilemma". Pakistan Horizon. Karachi: Pakistan Institute of International ... Maziar, Behrooz (2000). Rebels With A Cause: The Failure of the Left in Iran. I.B.Tauris. p. 209. ISBN 1860646301. As far as is ... Farrokh Negahdar (Persian: فرخ نگهدار, romanized: Farroḵ Negahdār; born 1946) is an Iranian leftist political activist. Born ... The Left in Contemporary Iran (RLE Iran D). CRC Press. pp. 139-140. ISBN 978-1-136-81263-7. Vahabzadeh, Peyman (28 March 2016 ...
Its political line is left. The magazine is very critical of right wing political views and religion, especially Catholicism. ... In the 1990s it supported the leader of the Democratic Left Alliance, Aleksander Kwaśniewski. It publishes lot of satirical ...
Mark Kennedy (politician)
... the political left and right; the United States and the world. From 2011 to 2013 Kennedy served as an ... "Graduate School of Political Management Master's Programs". "PR Education Program of the Year 2015". Retrieved 2017-09-12. " ... He had never run for political office before. In the closest congressional race of that cycle, Kennedy defeated Minge by 155 ... and before that he led the George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management. A Republican, he served as a ...
5th Saskatchewan Legislature
"Political tradition left of centre". Leader-Post. Regina. May 16, 1955. p. 89. Retrieved 2012-03-21. Miry Creek Area History ... The former leader of the Conservative Party, Donald Maclean had left politics to serve as a judge shortly before the election. ...
Organization of Iranian People's Fedai Guerrillas
Muhammad Kamal (1986). "Iranian Left In Political Dilemma". Pakistan Horizon. Karachi: Pakistan Institute of International ... Maziar, Behrooz (2000). Rebels With A Cause: The Failure of the Left in Iran. I.B.Tauris. p. 209. ISBN 1860646301.. ... The Political Thought of Ayatollah Murtaza Mutahhari: An Iranian Theoretician of the Islamic State. Routledge. p. 61. ISBN 978- ... Majority Left Wing (1980-1982) Organization of Iranian People's Fedai Guerrillas (Minority) (1980-1987) Organization of Iranian ...
3rd Saskatchewan Legislature
"Political tradition left of centre". Leader-Post. Regina. May 16, 1955. p. 89. Retrieved 2012-03-21. "Frederick Haultain ...
Organization of Iranian People's Fedai Guerrillas (Minority)
Muhammad Kamal (1986). "Iranian Left In Political Dilemma". Pakistan Horizon. Karachi: Pakistan Institute of International ... In January 1982, it was joined by the Organization of Iranian People's Fedaian-Majority Left Wing led by Moṣṭafā Madani, an ... Majority Left Wing (1980-1982) Organization of Iranian People's Fedai Guerrillas (Minority) (1980-1987) Organization of Iranian ...
4th Saskatchewan Legislature
"Political tradition left of centre". Leader-Post. Regina. May 16, 1955. p. 89. Retrieved 2012-03-21. James Alexander Calder - ...
1990 Bantala rape case
"Women, Rape and the Left". Economic and Political Weekly. 26 (5). 5 June 2015. "CM vows justice for rape victims". The Times of ... Sarkar, Tanika (1991). "Reflections on Birati Rape Cases: Gender Ideology in Bengal". Economic and Political Weekly. 26 (5): ...
He left political life in 1802. In April 1806 he received the Legion of Honor. Dupuis believed in an impersonal God that ...
Biddle, Craig (26 June 2012). "Political 'Left' and 'Right' Properly Defined". The Objective Standard. 7 (3). "Mission of the ... shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth ... in political philosophy refers to the framework of principles underlying a government's limited role or functions. Lexico ... Australian Journal of Political Science. 46 (2): 243-256. doi:10.1080/10361146.2011.567971. S2CID 153435362. Colebatch, Tim. " ...
During this time the BR's activities were denounced by far-left political groups such as Lotta Continua and Potere Operaio, ... The murder of a popular political figure also drew condemnation from other Italian left-wing militant formations and even the ... "Left- and Right-wing Political Terrorism". In Tan, Andrew T .H. (ed.). Politics of Terrorism: A Survey. Routledge. p. 60. ISBN ... Moro's body was left in the trunk of a car in Via Caetani, a site midway between the DC and PCI headquarters, as a last ...
Collinson's political views were left-wing; he was a republican and a supporter of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. He ...
Willie Brown (politician)
March 10, 2002). "Political Briefing; He Left His Heart In Sacramento". The New York Times. Retrieved February 25, 2008. http ... He has worked as a radio talk show host and a pundit on local and national political television shows and is seen as attempting ... Near the end of his final term, he left the legislature and became mayor of San Francisco. Brown served as mayor from January 8 ... Term limits prevented him from running for a third term and he was succeeded by a political protege, Gavin Newsom. Brown then ...
The Secret Team
"Populist Party/Liberty Lobby Recruitment of Anti-CIA Critics." Right Woos Left. Political Research Associates, February 22, ... and private sectors to influence political decisions. He suggests the existence of a covert alliance between certain people ...
"Paradoxes of the Italian Political Crisis". Genre. 15: 7. Spring 1982. "The Dialectic of Fear". New Left Review. 0 (126): 67. ... Flores D'Arcais, Paolo; Moretti, Franco (March 1, 1976). "Paradoxes of the Italian Political Crisis". New Left Review. 0 (96): ... "More Conjectures". New Left Review. 0 (20): 73. March 2003. "Graphs, Maps, Trees" (PDF). New Left Review. 0 (24): 67. November ... "The Spell of Indecision". New Left Review. 0 (164): 27. July 1987. "Words Words Words: A Reply to Tony Pinkney". New Left ...
Order of battle for the Viet Cong
Johnson's political agenda was center-left. The liberal Democratic Party was his career affiliation. Rather than the Vietnam ... Institutional context and political relevance of the controversy had its military consequences, its political tones. [Under ... was ultimately dependent upon the popular vote for political support, and on political forces at play. As a national figure, ... rather than as a revolutionary insurgency fighting a political war. A people's struggle would be half political and would ...
He left political activity in 2015. As of July 2018, he does not belong to any political party. Wife - Zoya Lytvyn, Head at ... He completed his political activities as a member of the Sovereign European Ukraine deputy group. During the parliamentary ... it became apparent that before long there would be no place left for anyone else in this business. In 2013, the Focus magazine ...
"Did Seamus Heaney Write Political Poems?". Independent Left (Ireland). Ezgi Ustundag. "Expressing Humanity During 'The Troubles ... In 1972, Heaney left his lectureship at Belfast, moved to Wicklow in the Republic of Ireland, and began writing on a full-time ... ISBN 0-87745-398-5. The deaths of his mother in the autumn of 1984 and of his father in October 1986 left a colossal space, one ... The book, published 44 years after the poet's first, was inspired in part by Heaney's stroke in 2006, which left him "babyish" ...
Ken's political stance is left-liberal. He has been described as the most famous fictional reader of The Guardian, a newspaper ... She leaves Weatherfield in 1996, leaving Daniel with Ken. It is a short-lived custody as, later that year, Denise returns and ... that attracts readers of the mainstream left of British political opinion. Ken has had several forays into journalism for left- ... and Ken considers leaving Deirdre and Weatherfield. He changes his mind at the last minute, and Martha leaves, alone. Alison ...
Oklahoma City bombing
Brannan, David (2010). "Left- and Right-wing Political Terrorism". In Tan, Andrew T .H. (ed.). Politics of Terrorism: A Survey ... A severed left leg found amongst the wreckage, but was never identified to a victim. It could have belonged to one of the 168 ... The memorial left part of the foundation of the building intact, allowing visitors to see the scale of the destruction. Part of ... A key point of contention in the case was the unmatched left leg found after the bombing. Although it was initially believed to ...
Geneva Citizens' Movement
"Left Loses Political Control of Geneva". Swissinfo. March 14, 2011. Retrieved December 15, 2016. "Résultats par commune - ... The MCG calls itself neither left- nor right-wing, but it is often referred to as right-wing populist, far-right, or xenophobic ... The MCG made large gains in the March 2011 cantonal local elections, helping end a 20-year-old majority by left-of-center ... It established itself as the canton's third most powerful political party in the 2009 legislative election, winning 17 out of ...
Lady Margaret Beaufort
Capitalising on the political upheaval of the period, she actively manoeuvred to secure the crown for her son. Beaufort's ... He died of the plague in captivity at Carmarthen on 3 November 1456, leaving a 13-year-old widow who was seven months pregnant ... Beaufort exerted considerable political influence within the Tudor court. The power she exercised was evidently obvious; a ... Before her death Beaufort also left her mark on the early reign of Henry VIII; when her eighteen-year-old grandson chose ...
As a toddler, she contracted measles which left her partially deaf, which was not discovered until she began school. Ruth ... university President Nicholas Murray Butler was eager to curb the influence of the Boasians whom he considered to be political ... However, she was unhappy with this job as well and, after one year, left to teach English in Pasadena at the Orton School for ...
Holy Roman Empire
Hardy, Duncan, Associative Political Culture in the Holy Roman Empire: Upper Germany, 1346-1521. (Oxford University Press, 2018 ... "Mediatization" was the process of annexing the lands of one imperial estate to another, often leaving the annexed some rights. ... Changes in political structureEdit. Further information: Medieval commune, Städtebund, Hanseatic League, Imperial immediacy, ... Heinz H. F. Eulau (1941). "Theories of Federalism under the Holy Roman Empire". The American Political Science Review. 35 (4): ...
In Principles of Political Economy (1871) John Stuart Mill wrote: If it were possible for the working classes, by combining ... It is a left supported organization. A trade union with nearly 2,000,000 members is the Self Employed Women's Association (SEWA ... Despite this, unions were formed and began to acquire political power, eventually resulting in a body of labour law that not ... Typically this is a left-wing, socialist, or social democratic party, but many exceptions exist, including some of the ...
Arya Samaj in Singapore
Mother Tongue is a compulsory subject at the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE), Singapore-Cambridge GCE Ordinary Level ...
Individuals who spend large amounts of time and money on ineffective treatments may be left with precious little of either, and ... Some other definitions seek to specify alternative medicine in terms of its social and political marginality to mainstream ...
When France's Charles IV died in 1328 leaving only daughters, his nearest male relative was Edward III of England, the son of ... Their attacks in Gascony may have helped the political disintegration of the Duchy until their defeat against William II ...
Nuon Chea had also stepped back from his political activities, leaving open Sâr's path to become party leader. ... Party political offices Preceded by. Tou Samouth General Secretary of the Communist Party of Kampuchea. 1963-1981 Succeeded by ... A stroke left him paralysed on the left side of his body, and he eventually required daily access to oxygen. He spent ... Revolutionary and political activismEdit. Return to Cambodia: 1953-1954Edit. King Sihanouk disbanded the Cambodian government ...
The state is purely a political concept. The State changes as the political authority shifts from person to person or party to ... He was briefly a member of Indian National Congress. In 1925, he left the Congress to form the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh ... as part of his social and political philosophy. Gandhi said "By political independence I do not mean an imitation to the ... The Ayodhya dispute (Hindi: अयोध्या विवाद, Urdu: ایودھیا وِواد, Bengali: অযোধ্যা বিবাদ) is a political, historical and socio- ...
On the thirteenth day of the New Year, Iranians leave their houses to join nature and picnic outdoors, as part of the ... In 2015, President Serzh Sargsyan sent a letter of congratulations to Kurds living in Armenia and to the Iranian political ... It is a light and fluffy omelet made with parsley, dill herb, coriander greens (cilantro), spinach, spring onion leaves and ... It is also customary for young single people, especially young girls, to tie the leaves of the greenery before discarding it, ...
United States House of Representatives elections, 1844
Martis, Kenneth C. (January 1, 1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress, 1789-1989. ... The fragmentation of votes by this new party, combined with a generally negative political environment cause by dislike of ...
Political implications. These contrasting attitudes have distinct political implications. Considering Galician as an ... independent language reduces contact with Portuguese culture, leaving Galician as a minor language with less capacity to ... Galician-Portuguese lost its political unity when the County of Portugal obtained its independence from the Kingdom of Leon, a ... Although it is difficult to clarify the political positions of those who favour one view or the other, the vindication of ...
The letters run from left to right and spaces are used to separate orthographic words. Bengali script has a distinctive ... On the day of 21 February 1952 five students and political activists were killed during protests near the campus of the ... where the consonant which comes first is put on top of or to the left of the one that immediately follows. In these ligatures, ... the Bengali letter-forms instead hang from a visible horizontal left-to-right headstroke called মাত্রা matra. The presence and ...
One leaves Bologna, climbs the Apennines, and takes the road to Rome. The departure, according to Stendhal, has nothing to do ... contemporary political and social conditions are woven into the action in a manner more detailed and more real than had been ... After the 1814 Treaty of Fontainebleau, he left for Italy, where he settled in Milan. He formed a particular attachment to ... From left to right: Virginie Kubly, Angela Pietragrua, Adèle Rebuffel, Mina de Griesheim, Mélanie Guilbert, Angelina Bereyter, ...
List of political parties in China
The Kuomintang had no choice but to leave mainland China and relocate to the island of Taiwan in 1945 from Japan, then fled ... For political parties in the Republic of China after 1949, see List of political parties in Taiwan. ... Political Consultative Conference *National Committee Chairman: Wang Yang. Vice-Chairpersons Top-ranked: Zhang Qingli. ... Political parties: CPC (ruling) United Front Work Department Head: You Quan. *RCCK ...
"Mabalo Lokela Archives - Political Mol. Archived from the original on 12 July 2015. Retrieved 18 October 2014.. ... No-one was permitted to enter or leave the area, and roads, waterways, and airfields were placed under martial law. Schools, ... leaving many people without medical treatment for other conditions. In a 26 September statement, WHO said, "The Ebola ... recommend that the protective gear leaves no skin exposed. These measures are also recommended for those who may handle ...
The controversial Harappa male torso (left). The discoverer, Madho Sarup Vats, claimed a Harappan date, but Marshall dated the ... as well as the projection of modern South Asian political concerns onto the archaeological record of the area. This is ...
It is thus the spread of Standard German as a language taught at school that defines the German Sprachraum, i.e. a political ... Standard German has, however, left a clear imprint on the contemporary variants of Swiss German, regional expressions and ...
Re-education through labor
"Gu Chu Sum - Political Prisoners Association. 24 June 2007. Archived from the original on 25 June 2007. Retrieved 12 December ... and those who do may be closely monitored and not permitted to leave certain areas. For example, in July 2003 a priest who ... "New Evidence for China's Political Re-Education Campaign in Xinjiang". uhrp.org. Retrieved 15 May 2018.. ... Of these detainees, 5 to 10 percent are estimated to be political prisoners, and as many as 40 percent are estimated to be drug ...
Political influences. Several political factors influence the cost and eligibility of tax-funded health care, according ... "Arkansas' Medicaid work requirement left people uninsured without boosting employment". latimes.com. Retrieved June 22, 2019 ... Journal of Political Economy. 126 (1): 216-262. doi:10.1086/695528.. *^ Bhatt, Chintan B.; Beck-Sagué, Consuelo M. (April 2018 ... A 2018 study in the Journal of Political Economy found that upon its introduction, Medicaid reduced infant and child mortality ...
Political meaningEdit. Main articles: Mandala (political model), Greater India, and Indosphere ... on the left and right. Within the square there is an eight petalled flower or rayed-star, recently called as Maklang 'Star fort ... In historical, social and political sense, the term "mandala" is also employed to denote traditional Southeast Asian political ... Mahendra Prasad (2011). Indian Political Thought: Themes and Thinkers. Pearson Education India. ISBN 8131758516. pp. 11-13. ...
Of the 381,600 Jews who left Hungary between 15 May 1944 and 30 June 1944 it is probable that 200,000 - 240,000 were gassed or ... Hitler's political views. *Mein Kampf (Hitler). *The Myth of the Twentieth Century (Rosenberg) ... Death camp at Auschwitz: lower-left (in Provinz Oberschlesien), Nazi-Soviet line in red ... After an incident in Bila Tserkva in which 90 small children left behind had to be shot separately, Blobel requested that ...
America in the King Years
Russia Leaves the War by George F. Kennan (1957). *Banks and Politics in America by Bray Hammond (1958) ...
Prince Andrew, Duke of York
He left Gordonstoun in July two years later with A-Levels in English, history, economics, and political science. He did not ... They've lent those regimes political and international legitimacy." Personal interests. The Duke is a capable golfer ... It is the Royal Arms of Canada in banner form defaced with a blue roundel surrounded by a wreath of gold maple leaves, within ... and feared leaving, as she felt Epstein, through contacts, could have got her "killed or abducted". The allegations have, as of ...
Unisex public toilet
"Economic and Political Weekly. 54 (18).. *^ Crowell, Todd (October 3, 2016). "Why Japanese businesses are embracing the LGBT ... Left, Lisa (February 22, 2016). "The fight over transgender rights in school restrooms intensifies". PBS.. ... a b Transgender 'bathroom bill' leaves Texas Christians deeply divided - The Guardian ... Some political activists have drawn on the commonality between public toilets being segregated formerly by race and still by ...
In 2003, March made her film debut with a supporting role in the political comedy Head of State opposite Chris Rock. She later ... She was regular cast member on the short-lived CBS legal comedy-drama, Made in Jersey in 2012, but left the series after the ...
Adel al Zamel
"I thought they were going to kill me, and then I thought they were going to leave me in there until I died. I was losing my ... the prosecution argued that the detainees actions had endangered Kuwait's political standing and its relations with friendly ...
Democrat Party (epithet)
Political commentator William Safire wrote in 1993 that the Democrat of Democrat Party "does conveniently rhyme with autocrat, ... left our treasury bankrupt, and gave as a legacy to the Republican party, a gigantic rebellion and a treasury without a single ... Sperber, Hans; Trittschuh, Travis (1969). American Political Terms: A historical dictionary (4th ed.). Detroit, Michigan: Wayne ... Safire, William (1993). Safire's New Political Dictionary. Random House. ISBN 978-0679420682.. ...
Ramji, before leaving the company in 2009, built Microsoft's familiarity and involvement with open source, which is evident in ... The factors affecting the open-source movement's legal formalization are primarily based on recent political discussion over ...
Matador (Danish TV series)
He has political ambitions and takes an interest in Vicki Hackel.. Friends of Varnæs. *Doctor Hansen (Louis Hansen), MD ... The confrontation leaves Mads very upset.. 24. 6. "New Look: 1947". (Danish: Series Finale). Lise Nørgaard. 2 January 1982 ( ... His wife leaves him when she learns about his affair with Gitte Graa and eventually his life takes a turn for the worse not ... The dog left behind by the departing Germans is adopted by Laura and is allowed to live downstairs at the Varnæs house. ...
List of left-wing political parties - Wikipedia
... right-wing political parties List of centrist political parties Left-wing politics Centre-left Far left Ultra left Radical left ... The following is a list of left-wing political parties. It includes parties from the centre-left to the far and ultra left. ... Left Front) Independent Workers Party La France insoumise Left Party (Left Front) Ligue trotskyste de France Lutte Ouvrière ... Left Left Anti-capitalist Group Left Recomposition New Fighter Start - Socialist Internationalist Organisation Reformers for ...
Alternative media (U.S. political left) - Wikipedia
This is a list of alternative media supporting the views of the American political left. It covers alternative media sources ... Alternative media (U.S. political right) American Left Progressive talk radio Underground press Breadtube "Culture & Politics ... Left Turn, quarterly. Liberation News, official newspaper of The Party for Socialism and Liberation Monthly Review, monthly, ... Review of Radical Political Economics, quarterly, established 1968. Revolution, official newspaper of the Revolutionary ...
political prisoners | Green Left
political prisoners. Historic protests take Catalonia to centre-stage in Spanish politics once again ... Dilma said the recent attacks on Lula and the Workers Party are all part of a "lawfare" against the left in the country. ... An appeal issued by the Jaffna Universty Students Union read: "At least 132 Tamil political prisoners are languishing in the ... More than 1000 students marched through the streets of Jaffna demanding freedom for Tamil political prisoners on November 14. ...
Left Party | political party, Germany | Britannica.com
Left Party, German political party that ruled East Germany as the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) and now contests ... Alternative Titles: Die Linke, Die Linkspartei, Left Party.PDS. Left Party, German Die Linkspartei, byname Die Linke (the Left) ... Germany: The Left Party. The Left Party formed as an alliance between the PDS and the disillusioned members of the SPD and of ... in western Germany-to form the Left Party, which captured 54 seats in the Bundestag. Support for the Left Party continued to ...
political culture | Green Left Weekly
About Green Left - the need for alternative media. In these days of growing media concentration, Green Left Weekly is a proudly ... Green Left is driven by community concerns, not commercial interest.. GLW stands defiant in the Australian media landscape ... People are not only sick of the market-knows-best mantra being shoved down our throats by corporate and political elites but ... By printing the news and ideas the mainstream media wont, Green Left Weekly exposes the lies and distortions of the power ...
Arthur Gietzelt's left leanings held fast in political life
Meanwhile, Arthur went to Hurstville High School but left at the end of 1935 to get a job to help the family. Ray also left ... He was well-known as being on the left of politics and had often spoken of his admiration of the Soviet Union because its ... the organisational arm of the NSW Left, and became a dominant figure in it and a strong faction fighter. By 1971, he was a ...
No Child Left Behind Act faces overhaul, political donnybrook - SFGate
Edward Kennedy - stood behind President Bush as he signed the No Child Left Behind Act, a law they promised would shine a ... The original act was the product of a rare left-right consensus in Washington - a shared view that strong accountability was ... No Child Left Behind Act faces overhaul, political donnybrook. CONGRESSIONAL ACTION: A political donnybrook brews as Bushs ... The future of No Child Left Behind Here is a partial summary of No Child Left Behind as it works today and how it could look in ...
No Left Turn: Paraguay Joins South America's Political Right Minority
... in contrast to the regions majority of left-leaning leaders. ... No Left Turn: Paraguay Joins South Americas Political Right ... The region is nevertheless still largely on the left of the political spectrum but right-leaning governments are now seen as ... Cartes is a political newcomer, having never even voted in any previous elections and only joining the Colorado Party in 2009. ... Meanwhile, the political rivalries within South America appear to be fading amid the regions deepening economic integration. ...
Iraqi Shi'ite Leader's Death Leaves Political Vacuum
... leader of Iraqs largest Shiite Muslim political party, has raised questions about the future political landscape in Iraq. ... But Mahdi agreed that Hakims death will leave a vacuum in the political arena.. Hamad al-Turaifi, also an ISCI member, said ... Already, some Sunni groups have formed political links with the ISCI. That has helped it expand its base and political reach ... The death of Hakim, leader of Iraqs largest Shiite Muslim political party, has raised questions about the future political ...
Indiana's Religious Left Flexes Its Political Muscle | WBUR News
... religious progressives in Indiana are now trying to win some political battles by wooing minority communities. ... The religious left in Indiana are working to make inroads in the state legislature, long-dominated by conservative Republicans ... The religious right in Indiana has long been a powerful political force. But now a progressive interfaith movement, called ... The group, consisting of- a broad political spectrum of Muslims, Jews and Christians, has organized in minority communities on ...
Trump alleges left-wing political motivation in Dayton despite lack of clear motive - CNNPolitics
The Left Realizes Too Late that Political Correctness Is a Virus | National Review
The Left Realizes Too Late that Political Correctness Is a Virus By Charles C. W. Cooke * About Charles C. W. Cooke ... The Left Realizes Too Late that Political Correctness Is a Virus. * Share on Facebook ... The Left is arguing about the right level of "political correctness"? A plague on all their houses. Want to go to the pub? ... Once upon a time, "political correctness" was little more than a benign left-wing version of old-church-lady tut-tutting. Today ...
Political Turmoil Leaves Cofounders of Egypt-based Instabug in Limbo
... Despite scheduled appearances in Silicon Valley, ... Even though the cofounders were unable to leave the country in time for the conference, "the kind of traction we got at ... She previously reported in Chicago, Washington D.C., New York and most recently Hong Kong, where she (left her heart and) ...
Listen to the voicemail Crist left Meek - CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Charlie Crist left before 5 a.m. Monday for Democratic Senate nominee Kendrick Meek. ... Charlie Crist left before 5 a.m. Monday for Democratic Senate nominee Kendrick Meek. ... CNN Political Unit http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/10/31/crist.meek.mp3. (CNN) - The St. Petersburg Times obtained a ...
Hundreds of people left adrift by political standoff in Europe | Doctors Without Borders - USA
When people are denied a safe and legal alternative, we leave them with no choice but to take to the sea and risk their lives. ... Now, the actions of the Italian government have turned them into pawns in a political game. Italys decision to deny them ... And, more importantly, the political standoff seeks to diminish the value of these vulnerable people as human beings. It is a ... They risked their lives to leave horrendous, slave-like conditions in Libya only to become stranded at sea. Instead of ...
Republic of Nicaragua Political Constitution - Left Justified
Extradition from Nicaragua will not be permitted for political crimes or common crimes committed in conjunction with them, at ... Unconditional equality among Nicaraguans in the enjoyment of political rights is established. In the exercise of these rights ... Nicaraguan citizens have the right to organize or affiliate with political parties with the objective of participating in, ... Women shall have special protection during pregnancy and shall be granted maternity leave with pay and appropriate social ...
The Political Left vs Chick-Fil-A
... and the battle of political correctness against free speech, tradition, family values, and all the things that made this ... The Left Tars and Feathers Chick-fil-A. Its all part of the duplicity weve watched the left demonstrate for decades, but its ... Double-Double Failure for the Lefts Fast Food Boycotts. We all remember when, in 2012, the left pressed for a massive boycott ... Left-Leaning Fast Food Fans Lose Appetite After In-N-Out Burger Donates To California Republicans. Cult fast food chain In-N- ...
Huckabee warns Palin: Don't leave GOP - CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Political paralysis leaves Palestinians in limbo | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR
Political Pulse: Zoller leaving radio for campaign trail - Gainesville Times
Zoller has planned all along to leave the station when she qualified for the race, which she and all other serious candidates ... Ashley Fielding is the senior political reporter for The Times. Share your thoughts, news tips and questions with her: ... my stance on the sanctity of marriage has never swayed to achieve political gain," Collins wrote in a letter to supporters ...
Left Strategy in 2016: Building Real Political Independence - Communist Party USA
... at where things stand in the 2016 elections and offers important insights on strategic thinking for the broad democratic left. ... Left Strategy in 2016: Building Real Political Independence. Home. , Article. , Left Strategy in 2016: Building Real Political ... A "political revolution" can transform politics if labor, its allies, and the broad left put their stamp on the multi-class ... This alliance is multi-generational, and it unites left and center political currents, as well as a section of capital that is ...
One of many political placards held up during Jeremy Corbyn's Left Field speech | Glastonbury Festival 2017 in pictures: Ed...
America Divided: An Analysis of the Divergence Between the Political Right and Left | HubPages
Political Ideology. Who gives more? Breakdown right/left wing giving: studies of charitable conservative vs: liberal political ... the political dynamics have pushed the center of the Democratic Party much further to the Left; not because their political ... While it is slowly breaking down, what moderate Republicans that are still left in the House and Senate have no political voice ... It is, repeating myself again, the aggregate answers that give an indication of where a person falls on the political (left, ...
The Left attempts to define Political Correctness - The Ornery American
The Left attempts to define Political Correctness By David M. Huntwork. October 11, 2007. ... It has been hailed as the ""definitive analysis of Political Correctness"" by a variety of Left wing bloggers while at the same ... When it comes from the Left, it is downright frightening. Political Correctness has no real root in Americas founding ... Political Correctness. Kai complains that the term Political Correctness has become the subject of sneers. It deserves ...
Download The Chinar Leaves A Political Memoir
Chateau dOr You can be a download the chinar leaves a political memoir access and leave your ia. honest processes will ... not a retraction while we make you in to your hyperoxia t. Your download the chinar leaves a political wanted an online name. ... The download the chinar leaves a political wrote a online book for the cause, exported by his having is(are that easy phase ... spellings felt to grow a legendary download the chinar leaves a political and did the Patriots view to speak their file to the ...
San Francisco Bay View » "On the Left Side of History: Political Prisoner Imam Jamil Al Amin"
Posts Tagged with "On the Left Side of History: Political Prisoner Imam Jamil Al Amin". ... "On the Left Side of History: Political Prisoner Imam Jamil Al Amin" • "Rap Sheet: H. Rap Brown Civil Rights Revolutionary - ... JR Mumia Abu Jamal Oakland Oscar Grant Pelican Bay Pelican Bay State Prison people of color police brutality political ...
Leaving Urban Areas For The Political Homogeneity Of Rural Towns | TPR
... it became easier to see the political divide between urban and rural areas. Now, people from California are moving to northern ... But thats only one of the reasons why she left. "I did not feel safe because of the crime has escalated and the element that ... What he means is that there isnt a major city like Portland or Los Angeles that would swing Idahos politics to the left. ... Buck says his family manufacturing business - they make hunting knives mostly - decided to leave the Golden State because ...
BSP Gathers Leaders From the Political Left-Wing in Bulgaria in 2018 - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency
Тhe Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) gathers leaders from the political left-wing in Bulgaria in May next year, reported BGNES. ... BSP Gathers Leaders From the Political Left-Wing in Bulgaria in 2018. Politics » DOMESTIC , November 25, 2017, Saturday // 17: ... The forum will discuss the vision of the European Left for the future of Europe and the EU. During the session of the Council ... BSP Initiates Broad Left-Wing Coalition for July 11 Election. *» UEFA Opens disciplinary investigation against Real Madrid, ...
Left Hooks, Right Crosses: Highlights from a Decade of Political Brawling book by Christopher Hitchens | 1 available editions |...
Left Hooks, Right Crosses: Highlights from a Decade of Political Brawling has 1 available editions to buy at Alibris ... Highlights from a Decade of Political Brawling by Christopher Hitchens starting at $1.49. ... Left Hooks, Right Crosses: Highlights from a Decade of Political Brawling. by Christopher Hitchens Write The First Customer ... Together, they present the best writing from opposite corners of the political ring at the end of the last century. Read Less ...
To Change Greece Requires Changing the Nation's Political Culture - and This Could Be a Tall Order, Especially for the Left
... the countrys political culture must be changed, argues Polychroniou, and that implies a new public philosophy, where, first ... To Change Greece Requires Changing the Nations Political Culture - and This Could Be a Tall Order, Especially for the Left ... But indications that todays Greek Left is either aware of the importance of political culture or willing to step up to the ... To Change Greece Requires Changing the Nations Political Culture - and This Could Be a Tall Order, Especially for the Left ...
AmericaCorrectnessElectionsNation's politicalSpectrumLimboDemocracyIdeologiesCrisisAmidPartyTrumpPrisonersVulnerableLiberalsProgressiveRivalriesEssaysPoliticians1968Country'sSocialistNews2020IdeologyConservatismProtestsActivistsSearchReporterDefinePoliticsFormLiberalObama'sAmerica'sCandidatesPeopleHavanaGrassrootsMinorityMovementDebatePrisonsNicaraguaCampaignOppositionSupportShakeCrimesOppositeSocial movementsSenateElectionCommitteeShortlyEconomicDecadeRight andTurkishWorkersTurn
- Meanwhile, the political rivalries within South America appear to be fading amid the region's deepening economic integration. (ibtimes.com)
- Down with political dynastical rule and professional politicians in America! (cnn.com)
- By now everyone is aware that the fast-food giant Chick-fil-A came under withering assault from the virtue-signaling bigots of the LGBT political movement in America. (akdart.com)
- What Would Happen If 20 Million Illegal Aliens Left America? (usmessageboard.com)
- Everywhere there are signs of ideas unthinkable in years past gaining traction because mainstream America-not just the far left-is actually ready for them. (democracyjournal.org)
- From Indivisible chapters in every congressional district to teachers striking in West Virginia, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Arizona, this is a convergence of voices that looks more like all of America than any political movement in living memory. (democracyjournal.org)
- Since the 1980s, Brazil's Workers' Party (Partido dos Trabalhadores, PT) has been one of the largest political parties of the left in Latin America. (socialistproject.ca)
- The new political correctness has bludgeoned even many of its own supporters into despondent silence. (nationalreview.com)
- It is enormous fun for conservatives to write long essays that rail against and mock the scourge of "political correctness," and yet, as I am coming to learn, it is also a monumental waste of our time. (nationalreview.com)
- Kai Chang from the blog Zuky wrote a piece titled The Greatest Clichéé: The Unexamined Propaganda of "Political Correctness" which sought to ''reclaim'' the phrase Political Correctness and to wave a finger at all those who have dared to strike back at the PC advocates. (ornery.org)
- It has been hailed as the ""definitive analysis of Political Correctness"" by a variety of Left wing bloggers while at the same time completely sidestepping its true nature. (ornery.org)
- There is, of course, no mention of the thousands of examples of official persecution carried out due to Political Correctness. (ornery.org)
- Once such an admission is made, all that great liberal love and tenderness is thrown out the window and all that is left is the naked viciousness and unmerciful intolerance of Political Correctness. (ornery.org)
- In practice, despite the protestations of Kai and his ilk, Political Correctness is unapologetic Orwellian Newspeak - an attempt to change the way people think by forcibly changing the way they speak. (ornery.org)
- Political correctness run amok? (csmonitor.com)
- Leave any political correctness at home! (entertainment.ie)
- Left Party , German Die Linkspartei , byname Die Linke (the Left) , formerly (1990-2005) Party of Democratic Socialism (Partei des Demokratischen Sozialismus [PDS]) and formerly (1946-90) Socialist Unity Party of Germany (Sozialistische Einheitspartei Deutschlands [SED]) , German political party that ruled East Germany as the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) and now contests elections in united Germany. (britannica.com)
- For the 2005 elections, the PDS allied with disillusioned members of the SPD and Green parties-who had established Electoral Alternative Labour and Social Justice (Die Wahlalternative Arbeit und soziale Gerechtigkeit) in western Germany-to form the Left Party, which captured 54 seats in the Bundestag. (britannica.com)
- Support for the Left Party continued to grow, and in the 2009 parliamentary elections it won 11.9 percent of the national vote and captured 76 seats in the Bundestag. (britannica.com)
- That support wavered slightly in the 2013 elections, in which the Left Party garnered about 8 percent of the vote. (britannica.com)
- Cartes is a political newcomer, having never even voted in any previous elections and only joining the Colorado Party in 2009. (ibtimes.com)
- That has helped it expand its base and political reach ahead of elections. (rferl.org)
- Two days before Hakim's death, the ISCI joined followers of radical Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr to form a new political alliance that will contest parliamentary elections in January. (rferl.org)
- In this article, he provides an up-to-date look at where things stand in the 2016 elections and offers important insights on strategic thinking for the broad democratic left. (cpusa.org)
- Kenya's national elections in March 2013 will signal the end of the coalition government that has been in power since April 2008 and will take place within a political structure fundamentally transformed by the passage in 2010 of a new constitution. (csis.org)
- But Kenyans' hopes that the elections will herald a new political dispensation are likely to be frustrated. (csis.org)
- With this is mind, there is food for thought on why May 1968 was a social success, with very positive "Grenelle agreements", yet a political failure in the parliamentary elections that followed. (irishleftreview.org)
- The triumph of the Justice and Development Party (AKP) in the Nov. 3 parliamentary elections in Turkey has been characterized as a "political earthquake. (worldpress.org)
- The region is nevertheless still largely on the left of the political spectrum but right-leaning governments are now seen as economic partners rather than political adversaries, allowing for a more diverse yet still cohesive atmosphere of diplomacy. (ibtimes.com)
- The group, consisting of- a broad political spectrum of Muslims, Jews and Christians, has organized in minority communities on issues like immigration , universal health care, criminal justice reform , and early childhood education. (wbur.org)
- My approach will be to present the details behind the polls in terms of human nature and where that puts people on the political spectrum and try to draw a common thread between which factors accomplish that result. (hubpages.com)
- The political spectrum is even more fragmented than in 2007, and the old system of ethnic "big men" still dominates the political scene, especially outside Nairobi, although, even there ethnic political calculations are likely to predominate. (csis.org)
- As noted above, "left" and "right" were not used to refer to political ideologies but only to the seating plan in the legislature, but after a while these seating plans began to define the spectrum of the representatives' political ideologies, classifying them in stark opposition to each other. (ancient-origins.net)
- The Right mostly denied that the left-right spectrum was meaningful because they saw it as artificial and damaging to unity. (ancient-origins.net)
- Sadly, this was short-lived as they remembered their situation, adrift in political limbo, caught between European countries. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- In these days of growing media concentration, Green Left Weekly is a proudly independent voice committed to human and civil rights, global peace and environmental sustainability, democracy and equality. (greenleft.org.au)
- Amid meltdown in Brazil, the left calls for democracy, while the right must find ways to deny the people a voice. (ppesydney.net)
- Our nation's promise has been an experiment in economic liberalism, political democracy, and, very belatedly, racial and gender equality. (democracyjournal.org)
- What the Left fails to admit is that the ideologies that pursue PC policies are clearly advocating the silencing and censoring of the thoughts and actions of others. (ornery.org)
- However, in describing Greece as a "special case," many commentators insinuate that there is also something "unique" about Greek political culture, which pretty much accounts for the nation's current financial and economic crisis. (truth-out.org)
- It's Class War, and Their Class is Winning Every so often, the bourgeois political system runs into crisis. (socialistproject.ca)
- Lugo's vice president, Federico Franco, a member of the Liberal Party, which had initially backed Lugo in the 2008 election, but later withdrew from his political coalition, became president amid vocal opposition from many South American leaders, who characterized the action as a parliamentary coup d'etat. (ibtimes.com)
- Japanese will vote in the Oct. 22 general election amid uncertainty and confusion resulting from the recent realignment of the political landscape. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Dilma said the recent attacks on Lula and the Workers' Party are all part of a "lawfare" against the left in the country. (greenleft.org.au)
- The death of Hakim, leader of Iraq's largest Shi'ite Muslim political party, has raised questions about the future political landscape in Iraq. (rferl.org)
- In my opinion, such thinking overestimates the strength of the Left, underestimates the strength of the corporate forces, and most importantly, overplays the willingness of various constituencies to break with the Democratic Party at this moment. (cpusa.org)
- Тhe Bulgarian Socialist Party ( BSP ) gathers leaders from the political left-wing in Bulgaria in May next year, reported BGNES. (novinite.com)
- It's not a political party. (democraticunderground.com)
- The Left had been called "the party of movement" and the Right "the party of order. (ancient-origins.net)
- Whoever wins the party nomination battles, and the ultimate prize of the presidency, one thing remains certain, and it presents a staggering national problem that none of the candidates are adequately addressing--how can they lessen the divide that has blocked effective political action in our nation during the past seven years? (blogspot.com)
- for a new left party: Meeting: How can we fight for a working class political voice? (blogspot.com)
- Before the start of the Campaign for a New Workers' Party conference, the CNWP is hosting a discussion on the way forward for the left and the fight for a working class political voice. (blogspot.com)
- If they lead, they will take on board the disperate sections of the left, and crucially any new party or coalition would have far more appeal. (blogspot.com)
- The Socialist Alliance has been arguing inside the CNWP for some time now that, as well as building a new workers' party from within the working class - amongst the trade unions, community and tenants groups, women, the black community, youth and all those oppressed by capitalism -it is also essential to try and bring together the disparate forces of the socialist and green left. (blogspot.com)
- Every comments impressed me very much in this for a new left party blog. (blogspot.com)
- I'm seriously looking at People's Political Power Party although I am a bit nervous about their "eliminating welfare" policy. (livejournal.com)
- Critics have tried to cast these proposals as evidence of a party rushing left too far and too fast, offering the progressive equivalent of Trump's border wall-impractical fantasies designed to appease a base looking for nothing but bread and circus. (democracyjournal.org)
- However, given the AKP's style, political preferences, and support base, the party is closer to Turkey's traditional center-right and nationalist parties than to its Islamist predecessors. (worldpress.org)
- More than 1000 students marched through the streets of Jaffna demanding freedom for Tamil political prisoners on November 14. (greenleft.org.au)
- An appeal issued by the Jaffna Universty Students Union read: "At least 132 Tamil political prisoners are languishing in the prisons of Sri Lankan state across the island. (greenleft.org.au)
- Cuba was set to release four political prisoners on the condition that they leave immediately. (cubaheadlines.com)
- Cuba still holds an estimated 230 political prisoners, according to human-rights activists. (cubaheadlines.com)
- They are using the political prisoners for their own political gain. (cubaheadlines.com)
- Miami exile groups welcomed the prisoners' release but noted that the four were forced to leave. (cubaheadlines.com)
- These immigrants were former prisoners of war from the Polish and Soviet armies, persons who had worked in Germany as Ostarbeiters during the World War II, former émigrés who left Belarus shortly after the war or in 1939 when the Soviets attacked Poland, refugees who had fled Belarus in 1943 or 1944, and defectors and dissidents after World War II. (wikipedia.org)
- And, more importantly, the political standoff seeks to diminish the value of these vulnerable people as human beings. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- The existing situation has left Armenia vulnerable to external pressure, created a deep sense of insecurity, and produced sensitive expectations about involvement of outside players, NATO among them. (worldpress.org)
- THROUGHOUT MOST OF AMERICAN POLITICAL HISTORY , there has been a canyon between those that make up the Right (Conservatives and Minimal State Liberals (MSL)) and the Left (Active State Liberals (ASL) and Socialists). (hubpages.com)
- In 2008, Lugo, a former Catholic bishop and the unifying figure at the head of a broad left-leaning coalition, ended the Colorado Party's long reign and embarked the country on a path of progressive social and economic reforms. (ibtimes.com)
- These fundamental stances on positions are what create that which we call left and right, liberal and conservative, and progressive and conservative (traditional). (factmyth.com)
- Her victory came as a surprise to the alliance of privilege, who underestimated the capacity of the PT and the left to mobilise a progressive coalition drawing upon the working class and the poor. (ppesydney.net)
- Left-wing generally referred to more "liberal" or "progressive" views based on the belief that people were basically good and the government had a responsibility to care for all its citizens to some degree. (ancient-origins.net)
- The other two ranking candidates, Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz, represent diametrically opposed sides of the political continuum, one a very progressive self-described democratic socialist, the other a right-wing religious fundamentalist who eschews any compromise with opposing factions. (blogspot.com)
- It is the poor and dispossessed as a class whose ethics and struggle must be centered if we are going to have a real moral revival - not the ethics of the "religious left" or of progressive Democrats. (religiondispatches.org)
- Distracting internecine rivalries within the main left bloc have subsided. (links.org.au)
- Left Turn: Political Essays for the New Left , edited by Antony Loewenstein and Jeff Sparrow. (wordpress.com)
- It is did that 40 Boeing 747 download left turn : political essays for the new left's resistant in the exploration. (memphisastro.org)
- A download left turn : political essays for the new left to Mulu NP will pierce your Click in Malaysia to necrotic effects! (memphisastro.org)
- The Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety in the download left turn : political essays for 2006 descended an Annex III in the Cotton of Article 15 for already genetic and twin deletion literature Showing into summer breeding protein conferences. (memphisastro.org)
- The nebulas and download left turn : political essays for the new left accompanied in Annex III of the virus is the scientific, 35S mutagenesis display plant, seeking chemical of toxic unbounded spectacles of regulatory viruses that may be an present danger. (memphisastro.org)
- In download left turn : political essays for to be whether a GMO will be critical for sugar, most plants can salvage, be, and constructed in the gene after they Are done. (memphisastro.org)
- hours are accelerate our download left turn : political essays for the risks. (memphisastro.org)
- growing the Streptococcus download left turn : political essays for the were simply come resistant few terms( CRISPR) risk for well-known bromide getting. (memphisastro.org)
- FIENNES, RANULPHSir Ranulph Twistleton-Wykeham-Fiennes( March 7, 1944-) gives an southern download left turn : political essays for the new and gene who is transmitted over 30 cases to the North and South Poles, the journal, the Nile, and large transgenic Archived vapours. (memphisastro.org)
- And in terms of more moderate, or the right, they're also afraid of the more left leaning politicians because they know how easily they can demagogue the troops into a frenzy. (freetheanimal.com)
- Civil chaos is being stirred daily by the liberal media, liberal political organizations, and even liberal politicians in office, some of whom have made it their personal mission to impeach our sitting president, even though he's done nothing even remotely close to qualifying as an impeachable offense. (educationsystem.news)
- In the Central American country of Belize, there is a political debate going on whether to repeal the country's laws against Anal Sodomy. (religiopoliticaltalk.com)
- I am out of ideas," the socialist blogger Freddie DeBoer admitted yesterday afternoon, before inquiring rhetorically what he is supposed to conclude when he sees so "many good, impressionable young people run screaming from left-wing politics because they are excoriated the first second they step mildly out of line? (nationalreview.com)
- The size of the working class increased as capitalism expanded, and began to find expression partly in trade unionist, socialist, anarchist, and communist politics, rather than being confined to the capitalist policies expressed by the original "Left. (ancient-origins.net)
- By printing the news and ideas the mainstream media won't, Green Left Weekly exposes the lies and distortions of the power brokers and helps us to better understand the world around us. (greenleft.org.au)
- Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) and Sofia Morning News publish the latest economic, political and cultural news that take place in Bulgaria. (novinite.com)
- Hitchens, provocateur and contrarian on the Left, makes the news as often as he reports it. (alibris.com)
- Facebook is tightening its rules around political advertising ahead of the 2020 U.S. presidential election. (kbtx.com)
- The left needs to be utterly discredited and destroyed in terms of an ideology that permeates everything political, now. (freetheanimal.com)
- He asked me a bunch of questions that got into political philosophy and reasoning behind my purported preferences for Bush and conservatism. (talkingsalmons.com)
- According to the simplest Left and Right distinction, communism and socialism are usually regarded internationally as being on the left, opposite fascism and conservatism on the right. (ancient-origins.net)
- The election itself was riddled with accusations of vote-buying, but the lack of public protests revealed the disillusionment among many with Paraguay's political process, particularly in light of the impeachment and removal of former President Fernando Lugo in 2012. (ibtimes.com)
- Opinion polls , movement protests, and election results all suggest that ordinary people already know what our political parties have been slow to grasp: The economic, racial, and political landscape of the country has been ruptured. (democracyjournal.org)
- The backlash against the left-wing activists and in favor of Chick-Fil-A continues to this day, and you would think that the protesters would eventually learn from it (and desist), but they never really have. (akdart.com)
- Search for products by product name, type of product or publisher using our SEARCH hits download the chinar leaves a political nearly become a bit about the League( Carabao) Cup? (cdaccess.com)
- here the Lord included to Abram, ' search from your book China and New Left Visions: and your identical and your account's account to the expert that I will Learn you. (deesaul.com)
- The search for the 21 missing extended far downstream, even into Serbia, where the Danube goes after leaving Hungary. (nbclosangeles.com)
- You can refine your search with the options on the left of the results page. (merlot.org)
- However, it was during the establishment of the Third Republic in 1871 that the political parties formally adopted the terms "left" and "right" to define their political beliefs. (ancient-origins.net)
- Worse for him and his interests, perhaps, DeBoer also claims to have under his belt "many more depressing stories of good people pushed out and marginalized in left-wing circles because they didn't use the proper set of social and class signals to satisfy the world of intersectional politics. (nationalreview.com)
- it is also a movement that has greatly broadened political imagination, brought thousands of people (especially young people) into politics, and stimulated a national discussion of the idea of "democratic socialism. (cpusa.org)
- What he means is that there isn't a major city like Portland or Los Angeles that would swing Idaho's politics to the left. (tpr.org)
- The political calculations of the two presidential frontrunners-Raila Odinga and Uhuru Kenyatta-and their three main challengers-Musalia Mudavadi, William Ruto, and Kalonzo Musyoka-represent the triumph of the old politics, based on neo-patrimonialism, clientage, and ethnic particularism. (csis.org)
- Thus, this page looks at the idea that not only is politics naturally occurring, but the political left and right are too. (factmyth.com)
- This gave birth to the terms "right-wing" and "left-wing" politics. (ancient-origins.net)
- In conclusion, left-wing politics became some form of socialism. (ancient-origins.net)
- It offers a combination of military sociology, organizational politics, and the political economy of defense. (merlot.org)
- This book China and New Left Visions: Political and Cultural Interventions is doing a easy-to-understand mph to form itself from interested galaxies. (deesaul.com)
- In a first reaction, the Right opposed the seating arrangement because they believed that deputies should support private or general interests but should not form factions or political parties. (ancient-origins.net)
- In 2002, two of Congress' liberal Democratic lions - Rep. George Miller of Martinez and Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy - stood behind President Bush as he signed the No Child Left Behind Act, a law they promised would shine a bright light on the failures in America's public schools and kick-start reforms. (sfgate.com)
- But since Obama's election in 2008, the political divide in Congress has only grown, resulting in a degree of polarization and gridlock in considering and approving essential governmental actions that is unprecedented. (blogspot.com)
- Progressives have stoked the flames of racial and cultural enmity for their own political gain over the entirety of President Barack Obama's two terms in office. (fairfieldmirror.com)
- Paraguay has elected a conservative millionaire businessman as its next president in stark contrast to South America's majority of leftist and left-leaning leaders. (ibtimes.com)
- Zoller has planned all along to leave the station when she qualified for the race, which she and all other serious candidates will do in a little less than two weeks on May 23-25. (gainesvilletimes.com)
- Washington Bureau Chief Jacqueline Policastro speaks with Chief National Political Analyst Greta Van Susteren about the candidates. (kbtx.com)
- People are not only sick of the market-knows-best mantra being shoved down our throats by corporate and political elites but are sharply aware that cultural spaces are being increasingly monopolised and manipulated by big business. (greenleft.org.au)
- In places such as north Idaho, people with similar political stripes have begun seeking each other out. (tpr.org)
- Once people are free to express themselves, they will create a left and right. (factmyth.com)
- Nothing, really, but it does excuse the Democrat left constituency from personal responsibility for bad behavior while villainizing people who don't support the social left agenda. (religiopoliticaltalk.com)
- People don't easily leave cults. (democraticunderground.com)
- Mexican working people continued to experience the difficulties of a stagnant economy, the violence of the drug war, repression of labor and social movements, and the rule of corrupt political parties. (solidarity-us.org)
- Some people had no choice but to go through the revolving door because you have to make a living on what you do and what you know," said Christopher McLean, who went on to senior roles in the Clinton administration and then left government for a Washington, D.C.-based lobbying firm following President George W. Bush's 2000 election victory. (publicintegrity.org)
- People have emigrated for political, economic, and family reasons. (wikipedia.org)
- They were expected to leave Havana on a 10 p.m. Friday flight to Madrid, Elizardo Sánchez, head of the Cuban Commission for Human Rights and National Reconciliation, said by phone from Havana. (cubaheadlines.com)
- The campaign is strengthening the Left, independent, and grassroots composition of the broad anti-extreme-right coalition. (cpusa.org)
- The left rules the narrative, even as a rather smallish minority in terms of its most activist radicals. (freetheanimal.com)
- In practice it is stifling to debate, a purposeful minefield that makes any discussion of society, culture, morality or current events a frightening experience that, for many, is better left undone. (ornery.org)
- In California , if 3.5 million illegal aliens moved back to Mexico , it would leave an extra $10.2 billion to spend on overloaded school systems, bankrupt hospitals and overrun prisons. (usmessageboard.com)
- The Iran-Contra affair was the most prominent scandal during this time, wherein the Reagan Administration sold weapons to Iran , and used the money for CIA aid to pro-American guerrilla Contras in left-leaning Nicaragua. (wikipedia.org)
- Donald Trump's Presidential campaign was embarrassed when a cousin left a highly-critical appraisal of the multi-millionaire candidate in his own obituary. (voxpoliticalonline.com)
- The weakness of the political parties of the right enabled the media to take up the mantle of the opposition, hunting down the PT systematically, drawing upon a discourse which incorporated right-wing values, neoliberal economics, and strident allegations of corruption. (cartamaior.com.br)
- Their political interests in the French Revolution lied in opposition to the aristocracy, and so they found themselves allied with the early capitalists. (ancient-origins.net)
- Chick-Fil-A became a focal point of the angry left in the summer of 2012 when the founder of the company, S. Truett Cathy, expressed his opinions in support of traditional marriage. (akdart.com)
- They'll either think their fellow citizen mostly good, or mostly not… and they will likely support legislation and political figures accordingly. (factmyth.com)
- The Left fought for the equality of advantage or opportunity, in support of the claims of the disadvantaged. (ancient-origins.net)
- download left turn : political have infinitely to shake been piloted on a behavioral tolerance of the way of the caused Results listening and their brightnesses. (memphisastro.org)
- But will the "political earthquake" shake up long-standing Turkish policies toward Armenia, the only neighboring country with which Turkey has no official relations? (worldpress.org)
- In the 18 months since ailing Cuban leader Fidel Castro turned power over to his brother, Raúl, the number of dissidents held for political crimes such as ''dangerousness'' or rebellion has dropped by 82. (cubaheadlines.com)
- Together, they present the best writing from opposite corners of the political ring at the end of the last century. (alibris.com)
- In our headquarters, we organize frequently seminars and meetings about current political issues, about the social movements, as well as about the history, the programme and the activities of our current, the Fourth International. (internationalviewpoint.org)
- (CNN) - The St. Petersburg Times obtained a copy of a voicemail Republican-turned-independent Gov. Charlie Crist left before 5 a.m. Monday for Democratic Senate nominee Kendrick Meek. (cnn.com)
- Post your comments on the Denver Post article, U.S. Senate race poll: 9 days left,0 point difference (click that link to go back and read the article). (denverpost.com)
- The chairman of the electoral commission accused the top political parties of interfering with the election, scheduled for next week. (nytimes.com)
- In 1955, Gietzelt was invited to join the trade union-based combined ALP unions and branches steering committee, the organisational arm of the NSW Left, and became a dominant figure in it and a strong faction fighter. (smh.com.au)
- The midfielder dropped to the ground at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen shortly before half-time, leaving players from both teams in clear distress. (yahoo.com)
- To be a Social Dominator is to be a person who wants to be in control in order to implement their political, social, and/or economic philosophies. (hubpages.com)
- More and more, it becomes clearer to me why, nearly a decade ago, I started smelling shit over on the left side, without really knowing why, initially. (freetheanimal.com)
- Thus, this leaves us with the speculative hypothesis "the male / female archetypes speak to the political right and left respectively. (factmyth.com)
- The terms right and left refer to political affiliations that originated late in the eighteenth century (1789-1799) in relation to the seating arrangements in the various legislative bodies of France. (ancient-origins.net)
- We know that it left from a Turkish port and was abandoned by its crew," coastguard spokesman Filippo Marini told SkyTG24 television. (yahoo.com)
- Buck says his family manufacturing business - they make hunting knives mostly - decided to leave the Golden State because business costs (primarily taxes and workers comp premiums) were getting too high. (tpr.org)
- Although some difficulties have characterised the political links of solidarity between workers and students, a joint appeal for social and cultural emancipation came out of their ardent desire for solidarity. (irishleftreview.org)
- Left Turn, quarterly. (wikipedia.org)
- Clearwater Cave is one of the important ten longest transgenes in the download left turn : with a Growth of over 189km. (memphisastro.org)
- The small yields at Mount Api are adequately new to download left turn. (memphisastro.org)
- original download left turn : studies shall be debated at a papaya, on cell measured in Article 8, and such 2k mathematical cotton in phenomenon to be and be the crucial fungal crops on transgenic world and institution. (memphisastro.org)
- download left turn : political according scene of RNA-guided Cas9 crops. (memphisastro.org)
- How genetically ask you find your download left turn? (memphisastro.org)