Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.Chronology as Topic: The temporal sequence of events that have occurred.Awards and PrizesEuropeMainstreaming (Education): Most frequently refers to the integration of a physically or mentally disabled child into the regular class of normal peers and provision of the appropriately determined educational program.SmokeTime Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Policy Making: The decision process by which individuals, groups or institutions establish policies pertaining to plans, programs or procedures.Health Policy: Decisions, usually developed by government policymakers, for determining present and future objectives pertaining to the health care system.Democracy: A system of government in which there is free and equal participation by the people in the political decision-making process.Civil Rights: Legal guarantee protecting the individual from attack on personal liberties, right to fair trial, right to vote, and freedom from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin. (from http://www.usccr.gov/ accessed 1/31/2003)Public Opinion: The attitude of a significant portion of a population toward any given proposition, based upon a measurable amount of factual evidence, and involving some degree of reflection, analysis, and reasoning.Political Systems: The units based on political theory and chosen by countries under which their governmental power is organized and administered to their citizens.Device Approval: Process that is gone through in order for a device to receive approval by a government regulatory agency. This includes any required preclinical or clinical testing, review, submission, and evaluation of the applications and test results, and post-marketing surveillance. It is not restricted to FDA.Equipment Safety: Freedom of equipment from actual or potential hazards.United States Food and Drug Administration: An agency of the PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE concerned with the overall planning, promoting, and administering of programs pertaining to maintaining standards of quality of foods, drugs, therapeutic devices, etc.Food Labeling: Use of written, printed, or graphic materials upon or accompanying a food or its container or wrapper. The concept includes ingredients, NUTRITIONAL VALUE, directions, warnings, and other relevant information.Legislation, Food: Laws and regulations concerned with industrial processing and marketing of foods.Egypt: A country in northern Africa, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Libya and the Gaza Strip, and the Red Sea north of Sudan, and includes the Asian Sinai Peninsula Its capital is Cairo.Stifle: In horses, cattle, and other quadrupeds, the joint between the femur and the tibia, corresponding to the human knee.Health Care Reform: Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.KuwaitConstitution and Bylaws: The fundamental principles and laws adopted by an organization for the regulation and governing of its affairs.Medicine, Korean Traditional: Medical practice or discipline that is based on the knowledge, cultures, and beliefs of the people of KOREA.Germany, EastJournal Impact Factor: A quantitative measure of the frequency on average with which articles in a journal have been cited in a given period of time.Socialism: A system of government in which means of production and distribution of goods are controlled by the state.Fraud: Exploitation through misrepresentation of the facts or concealment of the purposes of the exploiter.Early Intervention (Education): Procedures and programs that facilitate the development or skill acquisition in infants and young children who have disabilities, who are at risk for developing disabilities, or who are gifted. It includes programs that are designed to prevent handicapping conditions in infants and young children and family-centered programs designed to affect the functioning of infants and children with special needs. (From Journal of Early Intervention, Editorial, 1989, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 3; A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, prepared for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, 1976)IndiaCommunity-Institutional Relations: The interactions between members of a community and representatives of the institutions within that community.Sex Workers: People who engage in occupational sexual behavior in exchange for economic rewards or other extrinsic considerations.Kyasanur Forest Disease: Tick-borne flavivirus infection occurring in the Kyasanur Forest in India.Bence Jones Protein: An abnormal protein with unusual thermosolubility characteristics that is found in the urine of patients with MULTIPLE MYELOMA.Appendix: A worm-like blind tube extension from the CECUM.Silicosis: A form of pneumoconiosis resulting from inhalation of dust containing crystalline form of SILICON DIOXIDE, usually in the form of quartz. Amorphous silica is relatively nontoxic.Occupational Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents that occurs as a result of one's occupation.Drug and Narcotic Control: Control of drug and narcotic use by international agreement, or by institutional systems for handling prescribed drugs. This includes regulations concerned with the manufacturing, dispensing, approval (DRUG APPROVAL), and marketing of drugs.Turkeys: Large woodland game BIRDS in the subfamily Meleagridinae, family Phasianidae, order GALLIFORMES. Formerly they were considered a distinct family, Melegrididae.TurkeyConfusion: A mental state characterized by bewilderment, emotional disturbance, lack of clear thinking, and perceptual disorientation.Uncertainty: The condition in which reasonable knowledge regarding risks, benefits, or the future is not available.United StatesGame Theory: Theoretical construct used in applied mathematics to analyze certain situations in which there is an interplay between parties that may have similar, opposed, or mixed interests. In a typical game, decision-making "players," who each have their own goals, try to gain advantage over the other parties by anticipating each other's decisions; the game is finally resolved as a consequence of the players' decisions.Soccer: A game in which a round inflated ball is advanced by kicking or propelling with any part of the body except the hands or arms. The object of the game is to place the ball in opposite goals.Renewable Energy: Forms of energy that are constantly and rapidly renewed by natural processes such as solar, ocean wave, and wind energy. (from McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Inventions: A novel composition, device, or process, independently conceived de novo or derived from a pre-existing model.Newspapers: Publications printed and distributed daily, weekly, or at some other regular and usually short interval, containing news, articles of opinion (as editorials and letters), features, advertising, and announcements of current interest. (Webster's 3d ed)Planets: Celestial bodies orbiting around the sun or other stars.Bacteriology: The study of the structure, growth, function, genetics, and reproduction of bacteria, and BACTERIAL INFECTIONS.Mass Media: Instruments or technological means of communication that reach large numbers of people with a common message: press, radio, television, etc.Environmental Pollution: Contamination of the air, bodies of water, or land with substances that are harmful to human health and the environment.
Democratic Party , Political Spectrum". FOXNews.com. 2007-09-21. Retrieved 2010-02-27. "News radio 1290 WJNO Welcomes Home ... Elizabeth Akoi (April 15, 1993). "WJNO, Citing 'Political Balance,' Fires Liberal Talk Host Miller". Palm Beach Post. Scott ... "McCain Suggests Physical Force to Prevent Ahmadinejad From Visiting World Trade Center Site - Politics , Republican Party , ...
"Political Party! Celebrating UNDRIP and Indigenous Culture in Montreal". Indian Country Today. 13 Sept 2011 (retrieved 27 Sept ... political, and socio-economic voice towards Canada and the United States. The Seven fires prophecy was originally taught among ... but strengthened the political and military might of the Anishinaabeg. After the French came the Zhaaganaash ("Off-shore ones ...
"Bush Signs Schiavo Bill - Politics , Republican Party , Democratic Party , Political Spectrum". FOXNews.com. 2005-03-21. ... The memo suggested the Schiavo case offered "a great political issue" that would appeal to the party's base and could be used ... Washington, The (March 20, 2005). "Nation & World , GOP memo says issue offers political rewards , Seattle Times Newspaper". ... district courts in those circuits would have lacked personal jurisdiction over the parties. Following the Supreme Court's ...
p. = Political Party; D = Democrat ; R = Republican; the footnotes [P 1], etc., indicate the presidential administration(s) ... Parties Democratic (8) Republican (2) Popularly elected, beginning in 1866, to a two-year term. In 1962, the voters approved a ... The Democratic Party and its allies elected Presidents Franklin Pierce (March 4, 1853, to March 3, 1857) and James Buchanan ( ... Governors of Nebraska Governors of Nebraska Territory United States congressional delegations from Nebraska Political party ...
Republican Party , Democratic Party , Political Spectrum". FOXNews.com. 2007-06-19. Retrieved 2011-09-16. S.C. Politics Today ... "CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Former Giuliani state co-chair resigns from office « - Blogs ...
... political party. José Pereira Coutinho stated that he was "invited" by a strong political party in Portugal to withdraw his ... On September 25, 2015, Professor Mendo Henriques announced that the political party was considering mounting a legal challenge ... José Pereira Coutinho has participated in multiple political and social activities in Macau since early 2000 such as visiting ... party. Had he been elected, Coutinho would have become the only politician in the world elected to parliaments in two different ...
"Polit Bureau Member". Political Party Website. CPI(M). Retrieved 6 October 2013. Nripen Chakraborty, Died. "Former Tripura CM ... He was elected secretary of the Bengal unit of the party in 1937. In 1950, he was sent to Tripura by the party, and became an ... After the split in the CPI in 1964, he joined Communist Party of India (Marxist). He became the secretary of the state unit of ... In 1977, he was a minister in two successive short-lived coalition governments, first between the Left parties and the Congress ...
"The Political Situation. Party Prospects.-X.*, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, And Bedfordshire". The Times ... He was re-elected in 1904, but at the 1907 elections, the Municipal Reform Party made sweeping gains and Hardy lost his seat on ... However he was nominated by the Progressive Party as an alderman, and at the new Council's first meeting on 13 March 1913, he ... In the March 1901 elections for the London County Council, Hardy was elected as a Progressive Party councillor for the Dulwich ...
ISBN 0-691-11546-X. Trujillo, David (December 2003). "Labor Reaches Out". Political Affairs Magazine. Communist Party, USA. ... there was controversy regarding political associations. Infighting between Communist party leaders and the local Socialists who ... Besides UCAPAWA proving themselves a strong union they were also beginning to acquire a reputation as a Communist Party (CP). ... Some leaders of the UCAPAWA saw themselves as participants of a radical culture and political projects. When the UCAPAWA ...
"The Political Situation. Party Prospects., VIII., Lincolnshire, Rutland, Notts, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, And Cheshire". The ... Thomas Frederick Richards (25 March 1863 - 4 October 1942) was a British trade unionist and Labour Party politician. Born in ...
"Political party register". Electoral Commission of Queensland. Retrieved 28 October 2017. "One Nation's Roberts campaigns ... Both parties also placed each other ahead of the LNP on their cards. Katter's Australia Party exchanged preferences with One ... Katter's Australian Party, and Civil Liberties, Consumer Rights, No-Tolls. Queensland's two-party dominance was threatened by ... the most of all parties, but short by one of commanding a majority in the Legislative Assembly. The Liberal National Party, ...
ISBN 0-900178-27-2. "The Political Situation. Party Prospects". The Times. 29 December 1909. p. 7. Retrieved 28 August 2012. ( ... The Labour Party candidate came a poor third. At the next general election, in 1923, Labour did not field a candidate in the ... "Political Notes". The Times. 12 August 1913. p. 8. Retrieved 28 August 2012. (subscription required) "An M.P. At The Front". ... p. 5. ,access-date= requires ,url= (help)(subscription required) "Political Notes". The Times. 13 May 1912. p. 7. Retrieved 28 ...
"Political Party Platforms". Retrieved 26 February 2016. Coy F. Cross II (2012). Justin Smith Morrill: Father of the Land-Grant ... Meanwhile, the Whig Party broke up, and this element of the Whig program was taken up by the new Republican Party, which ran ... The Republican party included a strong pro-tariff plank in its 1860 platform. They also sent prominent tariff advocates such as ... There is but one way to make the Party a permanent one, & that is, by the prompt repudiation to the free trade system." ...
Political Party: SPD. ...
"Frelimo; political party, Mozambique". Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved 2016-04-03. "Products that Mozambique imports from ... After independence, Civil war broke out between the ruling party, Front for Liberation of Mozambique(FRELIMO) and Mozambique ...
Raymer, Miles (October 8, 2009). "Political Party Rap". Chicago Reader. BBU on SoundCloud. ...
Democratic political party. Brown was a member of the Presbyterian Christian faith. Adlai Stevenson wrote a poem concerning ... The Political Graveyard. Retrieved 7 December 2013. "Certificate of Birth". West Virginia Division of Culture and History. West ...
The United Independent Front (UIF) was a political party in South Africa. It broke away from the United Democratic Movement ( ... "Political party list". elections.org.za. Retrieved 7 September 2016. United Independent Front Official Site. ... The party failed to win any seats in the 2009 general election and have since failed to renew their registration with the ...
Most Dutch political parties think that the royal house is a "binding factor" in society. The majority of the parties, however ... The Christian parties Christian Democratic Appeal (CDA), ChristianUnion (CU) and Reformed Political Party (SGP) and the liberal ... But because the Labour Party (PvdA, successor of the SDAP) and all other parties to its political right defended the monarchy ... "Standpunten: Monarchie". Reformed Political Party. Retrieved 3 February 2013. "Standpunten: Koninklijk Huis". Socialist Party. ...
p. 7. "The Political Situation. Party Prospects". The Times. 28 December 1909. p. 7. "Progress Of The General Election". The ... Bright was regarded as the leading member of the Liberal Party in Liverpool. Bright's prominence in the party led to his being ... The by-election took place during the Second Boer War, and the candidate of the incumbent Conservative Party, Sir Edgar Vincent ... Bright continued to be active in the Liberal Party. In 1909 John Cheetham, Liberal MP for Stalybridge announced he would be ...
Political Party: SPD. ...
"Feiglin to register new political party". Jerusalem Post. "Feiglin Establishing New Party for Next Knesset Election". Haaretz. ... Though the party, has never been listed on a poll by media outlets, internal polling shows that the party could win up to 12 ... "Israel's Newest Political Party". Queens Jewish Link. Retrieved 2016-04-01. "About Zehut". www.zehutinternational.com. ... Identity) is an Israeli center-right, libertarian political party founded by former Deputy Speaker of the Knesset and "Zo ...
Ivanishvili's Political Party Launched. Civil Georgia. April 21, 2012. Accessed May 12, 2012. Deadly Flood in Tbilisi. Civil ... April 21 - A Georgian billionaire businessman and politician, Bidzina Ivanishvili, inaugurates the opposition political party ... Georgia's ruling party concedes defeat in parliamentary elections. CNN News. October 3, 2012. Georgian Dream Winning Majority ... a Georgian military and political analyst (born 1959). January 24 - Merab Megreladze, a veteran Georgian football player (FC ...
Both MPs later crossed to other parties, and little was heard of the party again. "New political party launched". The National ... The Rural Pipol's Pati was a political party in Papua New Guinea. It was launched in March 2002, in advance of the 2002 ... By May, Menyamya MP Thomas Pelika had signed up to lead the party into the election. The party won two seats at the election: ... The party also pledged to start electoral development authorities and cooperative societies to assist in small and medium ...
Ivanishvili's Political Party Launched. Civil Georgia. April 21, 2012. New Parliament Vice Speakers Elected. Civil Georgia. ... Kobakhidze became the GDDG's temporary chairperson as Ivanishvili was not allowed to lead the political party due to his being ... She has been the chairwoman of the Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgia party since April 21, 2012, and the First Vice-Speaker of ... In 2012, she joined the new opposition party Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgia (GDDG) founded by the tycoon Bidzina Ivanishvili ...
Socialist Party of America, How to Organize, Maintain, and Conduct the 'SSS' (Socialist Schools of Science, Sometimes ... being seen as subversive and as poisoning the minds of the young people of the country with their political and anti-religious ... Schools of the Socialist Party of America. The Socialist Sunday School of Williamsbridge, Bronx, New York was organized ... A few years later the Springburn branch met for many years in the Labour Party's Unity Hall in Ayr Street for the same reason. ...
Political Parties Leonardo Morlino. *15. Institutional Design in New Democracies Matthijs Bogaards ... 8. The Political Economy of Democracy Patrick Bernhagen. *9. Political Culture, Mass Beliefs, and Value Change Christian Welzel ...
... a political regime dominated by one or more parties) Party class Party line (politics) UCLA School of Political Parties J. R. ... Politics portal Elite party Index of politics articles List of political parties List of ruling political parties by country ... Political parties, pp. 65-67 Ware, Political parties, p. 22 U.S. Party Platforms from 1840 to 2004 at The American Presidency ... Party finance in Germany, Political donations in Australia, Political finance, Political funding in Japan, Political funding in ...
The Familia ("The Family", from Latin familia) was the name of an 18th-century Polish political party (or political faction ... effected a rapprochement with the King and his party. Together with him and the Patriotic Party the Familia now worked towards ... 1734-1763 in Poland), instead, and thus became a party of the Royal Court. Following the failure of the Polish Sejm to pass ...
Removed from office.Political Graveyard Livingstone, W. (1900). Livingstones history of the Republican party: A history of the ... The tables below indicate the political party affiliation of elected officials in the U.S. State of Michigan from statehood ... Bio at Political Graveyard Lawrence Kestenbaum. "Index to Politicians: Resa to Reynoldo". The Political Graveyard. Retrieved ... Livingstone, W. (1900). Livingstones History of the Republican Party: A History of the Republican Party from Its Foundation to ...
Left Party, German political party that ruled East Germany as the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) and now contests ... the SED was formed in April 1946 through a merger of the German Communist and Social Democratic parties. For the ... German political party that ruled East Germany as the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) and now contests elections in ... Germany: The Left Party. The Left Party formed as an alliance between the PDS and the disillusioned members of the SPD and of ...
... regional political party in Canada, supporting the independence of predominantly French-speaking Quebec. The Bloc Québécois has ... Bloc Québécois, English Quebec Bloc, regional political party in Canada, supporting the independence of predominantly French- ... In March 1997 Gilles Duceppe took over as leader of the party, and in that years federal election the party relinquished its ... the party struggled at the next federal election, in 2011, as many of its supporters turned to the surging New Democratic Party ...
The tea party takes credit for ending the career of Sen. Richard Lugar, an Indiana Republican who is being sent packing after ... No matter how those races play out, the tea party wont come close to matching its success in the watershed 2010 elections. At ... The tea party takes credit for ending the career of Sen. Richard Lugar, an Indiana Republican who is being sent packing after ... Still, the tea party will remain a powerful force, packing a strong right hook that will leave mainstream Republicans with more ...
K Madhavan today floated his own party, MGR Jayalalithaa DMK Kazhagam. ... Taking the political plunge almost two months after his wife Deepa Jayakumar, niece of late Chief Minister Jayalalithaa ... Deepa Jayakumars husband launches political party Deepa Jayakumars husband launches political party. Press Trust of India, ... If Deepa decides to join our outfit, I will give her key post (in the party)", he said.. Deepa had launched MGR Amma Deepa ...
... political party and welfare movement - Hizbollah is all of this and more. The radical Shia movement based in south Lebanon ... Guerrilla army, political party and welfare movement - todays Hizbollah. Guerrilla army, political party and welfare movement ... Since then, Hizbollah has branched out to become a remarkable amalgam: a political faction with ministers in the cabinet in ...
The Party of European Socialists (PES) is the major European political party of the centre-left. The PES was officially founded ... The European Peoples Party (EPP) is the major European political party of the centre-right. Founded in 1976 by Christian ... of the 33 EU member parties of the European Green Party to be eligible for the next phase. Each EGP-affiliated Party can ... Politically, the Party brings together both social and economic liberals.. ALDE is the third largest European-wide political ...
... a socialist political party, the Workers Party of Turkey (WPT; 1961); and an armed guerrilla movement, the Turkish Peoples ... Party of Turkey is discussed: Turkey: The ascendancy of the right, 1961-71: … ... Workers Party of Turkey. political party, Turkey. THIS IS A DIRECTORY PAGE. Britannica does not currently have an article on ... a socialist political party, the Workers Party of Turkey (WPT; 1961); and an armed guerrilla movement, the Turkish Peoples ...
... today approved a revised bill tightening restrictions on political parties. The bill has been sent to Presiden... ... Opposition lawmaker Valerian Zemlyanov said yesterday the bill will drive political parties underground and spark political ... today approved a revised bill tightening restrictions on political parties. The bill has been sent to President Nursultan ... The revised legislation does not contain a previous clause that called for a party to be dissolved if it wins less than 3 ...
The Congress is the richest political party in India, followed by rival Bharatiya Janata Party, reveals data collected by think ... the Communist Party of India-Marxist Rs.417 crore and the Samajwadi Party Rs.279 crore. (These figures are the parties total ... The think-tanks said that even though donations formed a bulk of the income of the political parties, very few of them revealed ... Following the two national parties is the Bahujan Samaj Party with income, for this period, of Rs.484 crore, ...
Vanity Fair, that peerless assessor of all things political, has bravely come out with the shocking opinion that the movies, TV ... Vanity Fair, that peerless assessor of all things political, has bravely come out with the shocking opinion that the movies, TV ... The result of the Courts superseding of this process has been that abortion has become a national political issue. Initially, ... Michael Barone is a senior political analyst for the Washington Examiner, resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute ...
A wide, quirky varoety of icons is used for nearly 1,400 political parties in ... India Political Parties Court Voters With Symbols WSJs Tripti Lahiri takes a look at the unique ballot design in India, where ... A wide, quirky varoety of icons is used for nearly 1,400 political parties in India today. Photo: Election Commission of India ... The Pope, the Party and the Cardinal: Catholicism in China. 10/25/2018 Despite Chinas crackdown on religious freedom, the ...
Pages in category "Defunct political parties in the United States". The following 95 pages are in this category, out of 95 ... Category:Defunct political parties in the United States. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Defunct_political_parties_in_the_United_States&oldid= ... Defunct political parties in North America. *Political parties in the United States ...
Make research projects and school reports about political party easy with credible articles from our FREE, online encyclopedia ... and pictures about political party at Encyclopedia.com. ... party, political See POLITICAL PARTIES. Cite this article Pick ... Political Parties and the Modern State (1984); K. Von Beyme, Political Parties in Western Democracies (1985). ... Party Politics. Sources. Good Feelings. Before the 1820s most Americans agreed that political parties or factions were inimical ...
to recover from back-to-back political conventions in the U.S.. There are similarities between these domestic and international ...
CNN Political Editor Paul Steinhauser (CNN) - They were much needed victories for the tea party movement. And major tea party ... CNN Political Editor Paul Steinhauser Washington (CNN) - So what do some leaders in the tea party think about a group that ... But before he zinged the two political parties, the Texas congressman began his speech in front of over 300 people in Cedar ... Tea party activist William Temple attends the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington. ...
... political party for organising his brief abduction by gunmen in Tripoli, the latest example of lawlessness prevailing since ... Libyan PM accuses political party of kidnapping him. 2013-10-11 07:54 ... "In the coming days I will give more information on who this political party is that organised my kidnapping," Zeidan added. ... "Its a political party which wants to overthrow the government by any means," he said. ...
CNN Political Unit Washington (CNN) - The Republican Party is split right down the middle between tea party movement supporters ... Filed under: 2012 • CNN/Tea Party Republican Debate • GOP • Social Security • Tea Party Express • Tea Party movement ... CNN Political Producer Rachel Streitfeld Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) - On Sept. 12, 2009, frustrated tea party citizens ... Mark Warner engaged in a political back-and-forth Sunday that revealed fractures between both parties-and the House and Senate. ...
An increase in the political space could mobilize the silent majority to vote in the coming Thailand elections, says Anutin ... Diversity of political parties beneficial to Thai people 8:35 PM ET Thu, 8 March 2018 ... An increase in the political space could mobilize the silent majority to vote in the coming Thailand elections, says Anutin ...
... with a court ordering a party accused of supporting the North to disband. ... South Korea bans a political party for the first time in decades, ... South Korea has banned a political party for the first time in decades, with a court ordering a party accused of supporting the ... It is the first time South Koreas constitutional court has banned a political party since it was established in 1988, said AP ...
Instead, they outsource those questions to the political actors they trust. Unfortunately, those political actors arent worthy ... Parties - particularly when theyre in the minority - care more about power than policy. Perhaps theres nothing much to be ... It isnt the medias job to police political ideologies, and it wouldnt be a good idea for us to try. But that leaves ordinary ... America is deeply divided on the question of which party should be in power at any given moment. Much of the polarization over ...
I once promised never to use the term "far right" to describe any European political party because these parties differ so much ... Political leader of the Greek ultranationalist party Golden Dawn, Nikolaos Michaloliakos. LOUISA GOULIAMAKI/AFP/GettyImages. ... "Far left" is usually a more useful term, since far-left parties are usually Marxist or Maoist, so actually share some political ... Many of the parties winning across the continent have one thing in common: They want to withdraw from the world.. By Anne ...
Election20172019SocialistBharatiya JanatVotersCongressOppositionBahujan SamajAmericaParty'sIndependentsRepublicansIslamistMovementDominantLibertarian PartyConservativeMembersIdeologiesDemocracyCoalition1997OrganizationsNewsSupporters1993Restrictions on poliGovernanceMarxistFreedomWorksGrassrootsAbujaChallengersMainKremerFine Gael1992SeatsReformFreedom PartySupportMajor partiesCountryProtestElectMainstream1979InstitutionsParticipationRomneyIslamic PartyCentre-rightParliamentaryNationalParliamentLeader
- Duceppe subsequently resigned as party leader but returned to lead the Bloc into the 2015 federal election . (britannica.com)
- Fine Gael (currently the leading party in government in Ireland) has been selected to host the congress to launch the party's election campaign. (archive.org)
- After the election, the Liberals in the European Parliament - in a bid to encourage membership from a broader range of parties - became the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe. (archive.org)
- The Congress is the richest political party in India, followed by rival Bharatiya Janata Party, reveals data collected by think-tanks Association for Democratic Reforms and National Election Watch. (yahoo.com)
- When he didn't get enough votes to force a runoff against establishment GOP opponent Thom Tillis in Tuesday's primary election, the leaders of one local tea party group wondered if it's worth competing in national races. (cnn.com)
- The Institute also facilitates constructive engagement between political parties and other institutions, such as civil society, the media and election management bodies. (ndi.org)
- And FreedomWorks' Matt Kibbe said the special election in upstate New York last month -- in which Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman drove the Republican candidate out of the race with the help of tea party activists -- can be considered an 'anomaly. (foxnews.com)
- The presidential election is a parity party, panelists said Thursday at the sole public moment of this year's American Enterprise Institute World Forum.American Enterprise Institute Fellow Norman Ornstein predicted that we're in for an election potentially as close as the 2000 presidential race. (vaildaily.com)
- The most significant came in mid-March, when the governing centre right-liberal party in the Netherlands, the VVD, beat the far-right Freedom Party of Geert Wilders in the country's presidential election. (reuters.com)
- In Austria, the ruling Social Democrats have gained the lead in opinion polls, beating the far-right Freedom Party - whose candidate for presidency narrowly lost the run-off election last year. (reuters.com)
- Austria has its parliamentary election next year, but divisions in the governing coalition may force a snap poll, which the Freedom Party had thought it would win. (reuters.com)
- The ruling party following the 1983 election, the center-right ANAP included mostly former members of the pre-1980 AP (Adalet Partisi) ( q.v . (countrystudies.us)
- Founded in 1946, the party secured power in the 1950 election. (countrystudies.us)
- Founded in May 1983, it was one of the three parties allowed to compete in the 1983 general election. (countrystudies.us)
- SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Thousands of tea party activists are expected to gather Sunday in Sacramento and at two other major rallies around the country, as the movement's leaders look to energize conservatives before the November election. (independentpoliticalreport.com)
- I doubt the next election will show a seismic shift in the political landscape in Australian Centre-Right politics-the time is not quite ripe for that-but it will show a significant one. (quadrant.org.au)
- The PUP swept the 1954 election, the first one to be held after the introduction of full literate adult suffrage, easily defeating the National Party, a rival sponsored by the colonial government. (country-studies.com)
- However, as the country grew in the 1800s and the Electoral College, as outlined in the Constitution, evolved into a "winner-take-all" system in which three or more strong parties would make it impossible to get to the required 270 electoral votes to win a presidential election, a two-party system emerged. (pbs.org)
- According to the political parties, "It must be included in the accord that the security agencies should not arrest leaders of the opposition parties few hours to election as was done in Osun State guber election. (allafrica.com)
- It will be a breach of the accord for any security agencies to arrest agents of opposition parties or stop them from accessing the venue of election and collation. (allafrica.com)
- I]f it's BLOOMBERG OR TRUMP I'll choose Bloomberg' is, in my view, exactly the wrong response to this hijacking of a party and election. (moonofalabama.org)
- The Institute of Security Studies (ISS) says it is critical for political parties at this stage of the election season to maximise the number of voters that they get to the polls. (ngopulse.org)
- To their critics who celebrated the election of America's first African American president, black Tea Party supporters are self-loathing race traitors. (rowman.com)
- In turn, the likelihood that third-party challengers will lose an election bid makes it more difficult to raise funds to support later attempts.Robert Richie and Steven Hill, "The Case for Proportional Representation," Boston Review , February-March 1998, https://bostonreview.net/archives/BR23.1/richie.html (March 15, 2016). (oercommons.org)
- Effectively, a two-party system has been a part of the Australian electoral scene since 1910 when the Labor and Commonwealth Liberal parties faced each other in the election that year. (aec.gov.au)
- Because of this aspect of the Australian political system, it comes as little surprise that a knowledge of political parties is something of a pre-requisite for casting a meaningful vote in an Australian election. (aec.gov.au)
- This seems to be reflected in the answer that the youth in our survey gave where less than 50% thought they had enough knowledge about political parties to vote in an election (Print, Saha, and Edwards 2004, Figure 4, p. 12). (aec.gov.au)
- Following the Federal election of 2004, there were six political parties represented in Federal Parliament, two of which, The Liberal Party and the National Party, were working together as a coalition party. (aec.gov.au)
- Since the YES questionnaire, which was administered in 2004, was designed prior to the election, only the five parties were listed, with the Liberal-National coalition listed as one party. (aec.gov.au)
- B.C.'s provincial parties all worked with either election-influencer AggregateIQ or with Facebook in analyzing voter data, privacy reports or the parties confirm. (vancourier.com)
- They said Nov. 26 that Victoria-based data-gathering company not only gave B.C. political parties' voters' personal data but also may have influenced Europe's Brexit vote and the 2016 U.S. presidential election as it gave far more such data to foreign clients. (vancourier.com)
- Given the current and extreme political differences being exhibited today (leading up to, and ever since the Nov-2016 election), I found it interesting to visualize yet another additional "line in the sand" from a geographical perspective (population density). (modernsurvivalblog.com)
- In the run-up to 2019's general election, the major parties are on the hunt for currently uncommitted 'big names', says ERR's political editor Toomas Sildam. (err.ee)
- He has stated that he will only run for SDE at the 2019 election, but not joined the party, Sildam explained. (err.ee)
- During the Indonesian president election process, the coalition of parties could be shown as the dominant process beside the president campaign. (cogprints.org)
- In this paper, we use the Heider's balance theory to construct relation network among parties by using the longitudinal news data of the party elite's opinion that published by the media, and then analyze the dynamic of coalition formation in the Indonesian political system during the election process. (cogprints.org)
- This dynamics is divided into 3 phases, that is, disorder state, conflict state, and order state, as well as signed the difference of party behavior before and after the legislative election. (cogprints.org)
- The Draft Political Party Funding Regulations 2019, read in conjunction with Schedule 2 of the Act, are intended to give effect to these provisions and cover all chapters of the Act - except Chapter 5, which deals with enforcement and which is intended for implementation in a later phase. (allafrica.com)
- The number of 'cultural' persons who have been wooed by parties ahead of 2019, and in some cases signed up, in the hopes of boosting popularity, is interesting,'' he went on. (err.ee)
- The PES was officially founded in 1992 but had existed as a confederation since 1973 and includes socialist and social democratic parties from across the continent. (archive.org)
- The Institute is the only organization to have official standing in the four largest international groupings of political parties: Centrist Democrat International, Liberal International, Socialist International and Progressive Alliance. (ndi.org)
- With a pugnacious, at times witty style, Melenchon - a former Socialist party minister who found the party too far to the right - may now push Le Pen out of the first round of voting on April 23 and face Macron in the final vote in May. (reuters.com)
- Results show that system-level variables have no appreciable effect on party websites, while among party-level variables resources and incumbency do not significantly affect websites, but ideology has a strong effect on information and, particularly participation, as parties' belonging to the Socialist and Left-Libertarian families is strongly and positively correlated with both information and participation features on their websites. (ssrn.com)
- One typical pattern was for those who identified with communist and socialist parties to style themselves overwhelmingly as members of the "lower class" in conflict with their responses of high income and professional occupation on the alternative indicators. (janda.org)
- However, in some countries political parties do not respect the rights of citizens to participate and are not accountable to voters. (ndi.org)
- U.S. voters will likely oust the nation's political leadership for failing to put improving the economy over getting re-elected, says Anthony Scaramucci, founder and managing partner of SkyBridge Capital, a global alternative investment firm based in New York. (newsmax.com)
- We The Voters - American Party Animals from FilmBuff on Vimeo . (pbs.org)
- The parties, as part of their demand, are insisting that accreditation must be done with party agents physically monitoring the identification of the voters. (allafrica.com)
- Even when there are other options on the ballot, most voters understand that minor parties have no real chance of winning even a single office. (oercommons.org)
- And since voters do not like to waste votes, third parties must convince voters they have a real chance of winning races before voters will take them seriously. (oercommons.org)
- Weighted votes - based on the representation of each member party in the PES Congress - will be used to determine the winning candidate. (archive.org)
- After being freed, Zeidan met with his ministers and members of the General National Congress (GNC) - Libya's highest political authority. (news24.com)
- The National Congress delegates serve four-year terms and is charged with the tasks of amending the party charter, determining the party platform and other important policies. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- When the National Congress is in recess, the supreme party organ is the Central Committee, which holds a plenary session every year. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- At the party's 14th National Congress held in August 1993, significant changes to the conduct of party affairs were made. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- It decided that the party chairman was to be elected by the National Congress through secret ballot. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- Apart from the BJP and the Congress, Janata Dal (Secular), the other major political player in the state, has also intensified its rural decade-old outreach campaign - 'Grama vasthvyas' - that was launched by its leader, HD Kumaraswamy, when he headed the government. (ndtv.com)
- Supporters of the two key political parties in Rajasthan -Congress and the BJP-are in a state of confusion even as the fringe players are exploring possibility of a third front with the help of disgruntled leaders from both the national parties. (indiatimes.com)
- Congress workers were also puzzled about the uncertain fate of the state party president Chandrabhan, whose replacement seems a foregone conclusion before the forthcoming assembly polls. (indiatimes.com)
- While sections of the BJP and the Congress leaders other than their followers are uncertain about their fate, the other parties and individual leaders are evaluating prospects of floating a third front that will be in sink with possibility of national level third front outnumbering the UPA and the NDA put together. (indiatimes.com)
- Because the country feels so great about the job the Washington media is doing, the Washington political class is doing, or all the major institutions like Congress are doing? (breitbart.com)
- The hill region witnessed a bewildering situation as the main political parties (read Congress and BJP) and their leaders did not take part in the mass movement for Uttarakhand. (tribuneindia.com)
- however, the ideological gap between the Tories and the Opposition Whigs prevented them from coalescing as a single party. (wikipedia.org)
- As opposed to the instability of the earlier factions, which were often tied to a particular leader and could disintegrate if removed from power, the party was centred around a set of core principles and remained out of power as a united opposition to government. (wikipedia.org)
- Opposition lawmaker Valerian Zemlyanov said yesterday the bill will drive political parties underground and spark political discord. (rferl.org)
- For more on this story, please see Kazakhstan: Opposition Parties See Draft Bill As Possible Death Sentence . (rferl.org)
- In September 1986, a group of 'nonpartisans' formed a new opposition party, the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), which had an orientation toward the Taiwanese population and advocated 'self-determination. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- But the grounds for banning the Muslim Brotherhood , Egypt's largest and best organized opposition group, are found in a constitutional ban on parties based on religion. (csmonitor.com)
- The rally took place on 21 February on the initiative of Gonojagoron Mancha , a peace group that has been demonstrating for weeks demanding justice against those responsible for war crimes in the Jamaat-e-Islami , an opposition Islamic party. (asianews.it)
- However you suggest that outside of the Labour Party there is no significant opposition to Jermey Corbyn: this is simply not the case. (economist.com)
- There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. (pbs.org)
- They demanded that INEC and security agencies must not exclude opposition parties' agents from collation venues from polling units, to the final collation level. (allafrica.com)
- Opposition parties, including the Left Party and the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD), have rejected the proposed measures , according to German media. (sott.net)
- America is deeply divided on the question of which party should be in power at any given moment. (washingtonmonthly.com)
- We've invited reps from: Organizing for America, I ndependentvoting.org, Green Party, Campaign for Liberty, Libertarian Party and FreedomWorks. (independentpoliticalreport.com)
- In America, first-past-the-post matters not a jot compared with gerrymandering, unlimited political funding and the partisan division of spoils. (economist.com)
- New York Times reporter Mark Leibovich may have realized after writing This Town that if you make 90% of the Washington, D.C.-No Labels-St. Albans permanent political class uncomfortable, then 90% of America will probably appreciate you. (breitbart.com)
- I came across a very interesting statistic and visualization which presents a stark, blunt, and outright undeniable reality that we are divided here in America not only by our political ideals, but by geographical regions. (modernsurvivalblog.com)
- Why Third Parties Matter in American Two-Party Politics" (2012) and "Politics at the Periphery: Third Parties in Two-Party America" (1993). (historynewsnetwork.org)
- But it could not happen as the central leaders don't feel that no other leader than Raje has potential to lead the party and make a strong resonating impact," said another disgruntled leader, who has constantly tried to convince the central leaders that party's action should not be centralized and hinge around one individual. (indiatimes.com)
- Members favoring cooperation constituted a majority of the PUP's Central Party Council and the party's representatives in the legislature. (country-studies.com)
- Second, the party's split in 1956 saw the departure of the PUP's other top leaders, enabling Price to begin building a political machine in which local leaders were personally loyal to him. (country-studies.com)
- He said that it was also to promote understanding and compliance of parties with campaign finance rules and regulation as well as the necessary skills for effective management of party's activities. (sunnewsonline.com)
- There will be several established parties with the Prime Minister's as yet to be formed one making additional one, and independents completing the stage," the former Vice-President of the country said. (fijisun.com.fj)
- That means that parties band together and independents are left to cobble together a group in order to make up their numbers. (thejournal.ie)
- At least 15 tea party-backed Republicans who won House seats two years ago are likely to lose in November. (kiplinger.com)
- Still, the tea party will remain a powerful force, packing a strong right hook that will leave mainstream Republicans with more than just one lump or two. (kiplinger.com)
- Self-identified "strong Republicans" also have, on average, higher levels of political knowledge than self-identified "strong Democrats. (volokh.com)
- The group is affiliated with major governing parties including Angela Merkel's EDU, the French Republicans and Spain's People's Party. (jihadwatch.org)
- It could have been for a mob boss, with political lobbyists, Democrats, Republicans, and prominent families like the Clintons, Obamas, Bushes, and Kennedys in attendance and going through all of the rituals. (breitbart.com)
- Though Washington does not really produce anything, it is, as Leibovich noted, "by far the wealthiest metropolitan area" because there is so much money in politics, government, and consulting that can benefit Democrats and Republicans in the permanent political class greatly. (breitbart.com)
- The Muslim Brotherhood is struggling with more dissent in its ranks after a group of young members broke away from the Islamist organization's political party to form a secular party that is more inclusive of other cultures and religions. (latimes.com)
- For its part, the Islamist party continues its actions, organising strikes ( hartal ) that end up in vandalism, hooliganism and violence against police and peaceful protesters. (asianews.it)
- Four people have died in one of the latest incidents caused by supporters of the Islamist party last Friday. (asianews.it)
- What explains the success of Islamist political parties in Muslim-majority countries? (wm.edu)
- In "Poverty and Divine Rewards: The Electoral Advantage of Islamist Political Parties," Grewal and his co-authors hypothesized a connection between economic hardship and support for Islamist parties. (wm.edu)
- Guerrilla army, political party and welfare movement - Hizbollah is all of this and more. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Since then, Hizbollah has branched out to become a remarkable amalgam: a political faction with ministers in the cabinet in Beirut, a charity helping the Shia - traditionally the poorest and most marginalised members of Lebanese society, while also being a religious proselytising movement, dedicated to building a theocratic state. (telegraph.co.uk)
- (CNN) - They were much needed victories for the tea party movement. (cnn.com)
- Washington (CNN) - So what do some leaders in the tea party think about a group that supports President Barack Obama's agenda using a key symbol of the grassroots conservative movement to advocate for the health care law? (cnn.com)
- Though Warner admitted the threat of another government shutdown as a result of a budget showdown is "embarrassing," he also told CNN's "State of the Union" that the conservative tea party movement was causing yet another stalemate. (cnn.com)
- In the immediate aftermath of the attack Saturday, the Prime Minister issued a call on the chairmen of CHP and Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) for a meeting over the attack on Sunday. (worldbulletin.net)
- Sherry Phillips, vice president of convention organizer Tea Party Nation, said the event will be a chance for hundreds of delegates to figure out the future of the movement. (foxnews.com)
- She said there's a split within the multifaceted movement over whether tea party should be big 'T' or little 't. (foxnews.com)
- The Rasmussen poll spelled out the kind of vote-splitting trouble the tea party movement could stir if it forms a third party. (foxnews.com)
- Former Deputy Prime Minister and veteran leader of Communist Party of Nepal (UML) Bharat Mohan Bhattarai told Hindustan Times that they have intensified their pro-democracy movement, and their "goal" was not too far. (hindustantimes.com)
- The Faculty of Fine Arts has invited The Alternative , a Danish political party and social movement, to work with Concordia students from all disciplines on a year-long project focused on how the arts can influence political decision making. (concordia.ca)
- The tea party movement is planning to stage yet another protest in the U.S capital, Washington, D.C. This time they will be demonstrating against President Obama's planned healthcare reform. (rt.com)
- Mir Quasem Ali was the main financier of the political movement. (asianews.it)
- But never fear, there are still many beyond Westminster who will fight to stop the Labour Party becoming a protest movement. (economist.com)
- it is also a movement that has greatly broadened political imagination, brought thousands of people (especially young people) into politics, and stimulated a national discussion of the idea of "democratic socialism. (cpusa.org)
- The party tapped the organizational strength of the labor movement by piggybacking onto the General Workers' Union (GWU), which had established branches throughout the country during the 1940s. (country-studies.com)
- Why do a very small minority of black Americans support the Tea Party, a movement of agitated white people with suspect and often outwardly racist motives? (rowman.com)
- By examining a group with such an unexpected political affiliation, African American Tea Party Supporters is an intriguing exploration of a little-studied aspect of the Tea Party movement. (rowman.com)
- The Fiji Labour Party will tap Mr Chaudhry's undoubted support in the cane belt as well the remnants of the labour movement which remain faithful to him. (fijisun.com.fj)
- It also provides both political space and the crucial reconstructive work to be done for an electoral movement built at the center. (historynewsnetwork.org)
- The Chinese Nationalist Party, better known as the Kuomintang-KMT, was, until 2000, the dominant political party in Taiwan. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- Several times in the past few months, most recently in " Britain's one-party state " (September 17th), you have said that the first-past-the-post electoral system results in two dominant parties. (economist.com)
- Almost since its founding in 1950, the People's United Party (PUP) has been the dominant force in Belizean politics. (country-studies.com)
- The race is heating up for Libertarian delegates to choose a new chair at the Libertarian Party of Florida's 2011 State Convention happening the weekend of April 30th in West Palm Beach, Florida. (independentpoliticalreport.com)
- We are hoping that having an open and honest debate of the issues will attract more people into the Libertarian party. (independentpoliticalreport.com)
- This will also garner some much needed media attention and show the people of Florida that the Libertarian party is ready to lead in 2012 and beyond. (independentpoliticalreport.com)
- He's been flaunting his conservative credentials and is avoiding public displays of bipartisanship that the tea party could turn into attack ads against him. (kiplinger.com)
- Founded in 1976 by Christian democratic parties, it also included conservative and other centre-right parties. (archive.org)
- Tea party activist William Temple attends the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington. (cnn.com)
- This is the conservative party of the country,' Steele said. (foxnews.com)
- Founded in July 1983 and originally named the Conservative Party, it changed its name in November 1985 to M P. The conservative nationalist party is considered to be the successor to the MHP ( q.v. ). In 1993 the party reassumed the name of the Nationalist Action Party (MHP). (countrystudies.us)
- Britain's Conservative party was once a member of the EPP, but left to form the Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists in 2009, claiming the EPP was no longer eurosceptic enough. (jihadwatch.org)
- By providing insight into the politics of African American Tea Party members, Johnson contributes to a deeper understanding of contemporary conservative politics. (rowman.com)
- With the release of the People's Guarantee this weekend, the Progressive Conservative (PC) Party of Ontario has committed to reducing wait times for care in emergency departments and other hospital-based services by significantly expanding access to services that can reduce inappropriate reliance on hospitals, particularly in the areas of mental health and long-term care. (medindia.net)
- But while it was the largest party in eastern Germany, its membership in western Germany was quite limited, with little more than 1,000 members. (britannica.com)
- This process can involve direct or indirect consultation of individual members and the result must be ratified by a democratically-elected body of the member party. (archive.org)
- But the bill retains a controversial requirement that parties must have at least 50,000 members to be registered. (rferl.org)
- Only three currently registered parties have the required number of members. (rferl.org)
- Tea party members in North Carolina put in countless hours to elect U.S. Senate candidate Greg Brannon. (cnn.com)
- The government had petitioned the constitutional court last year to ban the leftist Unified Progressive Party, which has five members in parliament. (bbc.com)
- Life in the Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal continued to be crippled for the eleventh day on Sunday as the Maoists and members of the Seven Party Alliance (SPA) began their final countdown for the fall of King Gyanendra's "autocratic" rule. (hindustantimes.com)
- It was further decided at the meeting that the party chairman would be elected directly by all members of the party starting in 1998. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- While members of both major American political parties maintain more similarities than differences, many fundamental goals of these parties are quite different than their counterpart. (reference.com)
- A short-lived right-wing party founded in 1983 by former members of the MDP ( q.v. ) under the leadership of Mehmet Yazar. (countrystudies.us)
- Founding members announced that the party will take the slogan of "freedom, building and pioneering. (latimes.com)
- Young Brotherhood members have often voiced their dismay at the policies of the Brotherhood's senior members, most notably after leaders of the organization's Justice and Freedom political party were appointed by the group's politburo rather than being elected by a committee of party members. (latimes.com)
- Hundreds of thousands of people in Dhaka want the death penalty for members of the Islamic party involved in massacres, torture and rape during the War of Independence (1971). (asianews.it)
- Dissident members of these parties periodically struck out on their own and founded new parties, but they have usually foundered after a few years. (country-studies.com)
- Young members of the PUP's left wing, including Said Musa, V.H. Courtenay, and Assad Shoman, pushed through a new party constitution in 1975 designed to encourage greater participation by the rank and file and to counter declining popular support for the party. (country-studies.com)
- The TPLF sought an exception from the reporting and disclosure requirements based on a U.S. Supreme Court case that granted First Amendment protection to political party members if disclosure would result in threats or harassment. (bricker.com)
- Kirk Johnson seeks an answer by interviewing 30 black Tea Party members and he is surprised by what he finds. (rowman.com)
- But in his sociological presentation black Tea Party members come alive as mostly nuanced, thoughtful, and principled-and not as racist or duped. (rowman.com)
- Kirk Johnson provides a detailed account of the backgrounds, motivations, and attitudes of African American members of the Tea Party. (rowman.com)
- This book shows how this uniquely positioned group manages complicated relationships with white members of the Tea Party and with other black people. (rowman.com)
- EIGHT FORMER MEMBERS of the Fine Gael parliamentary party face the prospect of being left without any speaking rights when the Dáil and Seanad resume on 18 September. (thejournal.ie)
- But how does this media portrayal stack up against the feeling on the ground among party members at the CPC2017? (psa.ac.uk)
- During CPC2017, one member of the press divulged rumours that Johnson had received a lukewarm reception from a significant number of party members. (psa.ac.uk)
- On the other hand, in being registered a political party is supposed to have at least 1,000 members against the previous 2,000. (tert.am)
- Armenia's president, Human Rights Defender, members of theCentral Electoral Commission, members of the National TV and Radio Commission, members of the Auditing Chamber and of the Board of Armenia's Central Bank cannot be party members while performing their functions. (tert.am)
- Members of the Academy of Political Science are invited to attend this timely panel discussion on the 2020 census. (psqonline.org)
- It isn't the media's job to police political ideologies, and it wouldn't be a good idea for us to try. (washingtonmonthly.com)
- These parties then influence legislation and governing, receiving support from constituents favoring particular ideologies. (reference.com)
- We are convinced that Egypt is currently in need of political parties that rise beyond specific ideologies. (latimes.com)
- Political parties are essential institutions of democracy. (ndi.org)
- Demokrasi Partisi (Democracy Party). (countrystudies.us)
- Milliyet i Demokrasi Partisi (Nationalist Democracy Party). (countrystudies.us)
- He urged the national officers of political parties to be committed at implementing the lessons of the workshop in running the affairs of their parties in order to strengthen the country's democracy. (sunnewsonline.com)
- Further congratulations perhaps ought to be sent to the Dutch politician Geert Wilders , whose decision to withdraw the support of his anti-Europe, anti-immigration party from the ruling coalition brought down the Dutch government a few days ago. (slate.com)
- Recently, Arun Jaitely was nominated in-charge of Rajasthan, a move seen as an attempt to woo Meena back to party or at least form a coalition with him. (indiatimes.com)
- Peoples Coalition Party, Anthony Harmattan, and Chairman, Action Alliance (AA), Kenneth Udeze, for themselves and on behalf of the 42 concerned political parties. (allafrica.com)
- The two major parties, the Liberal-National Coalition and the Labor Party, hold most of the seats in the Senate and the House of Representatives. (aec.gov.au)
- The coalition could be regarded as the emergence of the parties' preferential coherence based upon the interest and attributes of each party. (cogprints.org)
- The provisions of the current Public Funding of Represented Political Parties Act, 103 of 1997 remain valid until the new Political Party Funding Act is promulgated. (allafrica.com)
- I shall argue that the Interactive Party-State (IPS) model (Csanádi, 1997) allows us to place the Chinese and Hungarian party-state structure and dynamics into a common framework. (repec.org)
- Gillespie was a member of the Presbyterian College faculty in political science from 1979 to 2006 and that institution's vice-president for academic affairs from 1997 to 2005. (historynewsnetwork.org)
- Imitation is the highest form of flattery and in this case, it is no different," Amy Kremer, chair of the Tea Party Express, one of the largest and most politically active national tea party organizations, told CNN. (cnn.com)
- NDI's assistance reaches across party organizations, from grassroots party members to mid-level party officials and senior party leaders. (ndi.org)
- The oldest, 19th century definition of political parties may be the best: '…political parties are organizations that try to win public office in electoral competition with one or more similar organizations' (Lijphart 1985, p. 574). (aec.gov.au)
- This entry includes a listing of significant political organizations and their leaders. (usu.edu)
- Representatives of five civil society organizations (CSOs), among other issues yesterday, recommended the reduction of the number of political parties in the country to "at least four. (liberianobserver.com)
- It is the first time South Korea's constitutional court has banned a political party since it was established in 1988, said AP news agency. (bbc.com)
- Perhaps my biggest frustration with the U.S. news media (and yes, I am a card-carrying member) is that we permit the two parties to decide what is "left" and what is "right. (washingtonmonthly.com)
- The good news (for committed states), is that you won't be inundated with political commercials, mostly negative. (vaildaily.com)
- Established parties of the democratic right and left have experienced unusually good news over the past few weeks. (reuters.com)
- CONVENTION NEWS: Transpartisan Dialogue on Sept. 25 will include: Joseph McCormick (moderator), Amy Kremer of Tea Party Express, Annabel Park of Coffee Party, Larry Lessig, Mark McKinnon. (independentpoliticalreport.com)
- Leibovich said he wrote the book because it was a "good time to deconstruct what has happened to Washington" and conceded, without pretense, that he was still an insider attached to a major news organization before emphasizing how the political class and the press that cover them have become so "comfortable" and "clubby. (breitbart.com)
- The party agrees on some proposed policies and programmes, with a view to promoting the collective good or furthering their supporters' interests. (wikipedia.org)
- Each nominee needs to be supported by 15% of PES full member parties or organisations (at least one nominating the candidate, plus five other supporters). (archive.org)
- There are however fears of clashes in the event supporters of the two political camps meet. (africanews.com)
- Polls showed that as many as 50 percent of Clinton supporters - they called themselves PUMAs or Party Unity My Ass - said they wouldn't vote for Obama. (coloradoindependent.com)
- Sihota did not respond to questions about McEvoy's report that all parties used the Facebook "Lookalike" audience tool by giving Facebook lists of supporters to target possible supporters. (vancourier.com)
- He added that the CPC is ready to work with Sri Lankan political parties to implement the consensus reached by the two Heads of State, strengthen the exchange of experience in state governance, consolidate the political foundation and public support for China-Sri Lanka ties, promote bilateral cooperation in all areas and contribute to the high-quality Belt and Road cooperation. (dailynews.lk)
- The APC has demonstrated that it was never a political party designed for governance and development, but a contraption for oppression and vendetta. (vanguardngr.com)
- Bwalya, represented by Dr Kehinde Bolaji, Team Leader, Governance and Peace-building, described political parties as keystone of democratic governance. (sunnewsonline.com)
- Lugar gave tea party bankrollers Club for Growth and FreedomWorks all the ammunition they needed to cut him down when it was divulged that he owns a home in Virginia but has no residence in the state he represents. (kiplinger.com)
- The tea party activists rallied for smaller government and lower taxes again on Capitol Hill Tuesday afternoon -- among the headliners were Sen. Jim DeMint , R-S.C., and former Texas Rep. Dick Armey, whose FreedomWorks group has acted as somewhat of an umbrella organization. (foxnews.com)
- by Monday afternoon, he moves over to Exodus Supreme Party, ESP, and so on … so that by Saturday evening, he is seen in Abuja, announcing his entry into the Judges of Excellence Party, JEP. (vanguardngr.com)
- Chairman of INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, made the call at the opening of a two-day capacity workshop for Legal Advisers, Organising Secretaries and Treasurers of political parties on Tuesday in Abuja. (sunnewsonline.com)
- He escaped the fate of former Utah Sen. Bob Bennett, who was ousted in 2010 at the state convention by tea party challengers. (kiplinger.com)
- Joined only in their common project of keeping ladders pulled up against outside challengers, today's polarized major parties each steer toward the Hightower premise. (historynewsnetwork.org)
- Simply Business CEO Jason Stockwood said: "The Simply Britain Backing Business report demonstrates a dislocation between the main political parties' legislation, both enacted and proposed, and the priorities of the businesses they are trying to encourage. (simplybusiness.co.uk)
- How are the main parties planning to negotiate this political minefield? (kff.org)
- 5th Bil'in International Conference on Popular Resistance" All the Secretary Generals of the Palestinian Political Parties will participate in one of the panels of the conference in an unprecedented move since the breakup of the two main Palestinian political forces, Hamas and Fatah, four years ago. (palsolidarity.org)
- In addition to the remarkable presence of the Political parties, the major representatives of nonviolent Palestinian movements in Gaza, West Bank and East Jerusalem, and the main international solidarity initiatives such as the Russell Tribunal on Palestine will be in attendance. (palsolidarity.org)
- others joined the DSP ( q.v. ). Party reactivated by Deniz Baykal in 1992. (countrystudies.us)
- Should not be confused with the Demokratik Partisi ( q.v. ). Party reactivated in 1992. (countrystudies.us)
- The truth is that Americans Elect is better organized as a third party than the 1968 American Independent Party, far better than John Anderson's 1980 presidential campaign or Ross Perot's in 1992. (historynewsnetwork.org)
- the Bloc won only 4 seats and was stripped of its official party status. (britannica.com)
- Despite rebounding to capture 10 seats, the Bloc still fell two seats short of reattaining official party status in the Canadian Parliament . (britannica.com)
- Eight out of nine judges agreed on Friday to accept the government's petition to disband the UPP, order it to forfeit its seats in parliament and ban an equivalent party from forming. (bbc.com)
- Yet quite suddenly it died in its tracks, to continue as the ghost of a great political party, changing its name, lucky to get double-figure seats in the House of Commons and associated in the public mind with things like Jeremy Thorpe's sex antics. (quadrant.org.au)
- The party has decided to field Shri Ramji Lal Suman from Hathras and Sri Rajendra S Vind from Mirzapur seats. (india.com)
- The minor parties hold the remaining seats, with the Family First Party holding only one seat in the Senate. (aec.gov.au)
- No-one has claimed responsibility for Saturday's attack, which targeted a leftist rally calling for an end to the Kurdish conflict and political reform. (worldbulletin.net)
- After the fall of the mainland to the Communists in 1949, a reform committee was organized to chart a new program for the party. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- Enterprise reform in China: agency problems and political control ," The Economics of Transition , The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 4(2), pages 427-447, October. (repec.org)
- Photo: Brotherhood leaders during the establishing conference of the Justice and Freedom party on April 30. (latimes.com)
- Song Tao, Minister of the International Department of the CPC Central Committee, and leaders of People's Front, United National Party, Sri Lanka Freedom Party, and People's United Front of Sri Lanka attended and addressed the event with the theme of "building the Belt and Road Initiative and promoting economy and people's livelihood. (dailynews.lk)
- Because he fell short of 60% support, he still faces a June 26 runoff against former state Sen. Dan Liljenquist, a tea party supporter. (kiplinger.com)
- Speaking to reporters after launching the party flag, Madhavan, clad in a traditional white khadi shirt and dhoti, said he has the support of 'true Amma followers' and that he would give Deepa a key post if she decided to join his party. (deccanherald.com)
- Rick Santorum has a lot of support in our unscientific polls, said Mark West of the Chattanooga, Tennessee, Tea Party. (cnn.com)
- What most distinguishes the DPP from the two other major parties is its support of Taiwan independence, or the permanent political separation of Taiwan from the Chinese mainland. (nationsencyclopedia.com)
- Founded in May 1983 under the leadership of General Turgut Sunalp, the party never gained popular support and was dissolved in April 1986. (countrystudies.us)
- The ruling PPRD party will also hold rallies in the country in support of the court's decision to extend Kabila's reign in the country. (africanews.com)
- The meeting also approved a joint initiative of the political parties of China and Sri Lanka to support Belt and Road cooperation. (dailynews.lk)
- Dr Samuel Bwalya, the Country Director, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Nigeria, reassured of UNDP's continued support to lNEC and the Inter Party Advisory Council (IPAC) in further enriching the capacities of political parties. (sunnewsonline.com)
- He also said NFP could move beyond the 'Indo-Fijian community' to broaden its support if it wishes to assert its claims as a genuinely multicultural and multiethnic party. (fijisun.com.fj)
- The loyalty of an iTaukei to his/her vanua is not synonymous with his /her political right to support the party of their choice. (fijisun.com.fj)
- A typical example of such alternative data sets consists of data sources 14 and 15 for West Germany, both of which pertain to party support by educational groupings. (janda.org)
- Our measures of the social bases of party support seem fairly stable over comparable data sources and therefore quite reliable. (janda.org)
- The data sets that met these criteria the closest were also used to compute the parties' social support scores for the machine-readable quantitative data file that is available through the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research. (janda.org)
- Green Party leader Robert Habeck said he didn't support the measure because it didn't go far enough. (sott.net)
- Established in 1961, one of the two major parties prior to the September 1980 coup, led by S leyman Demirel. (countrystudies.us)
- Headed by B lent Ecevit in the 1970s, it was one of the major parties prior to the 1980 coup. (countrystudies.us)
- The current impasse between the major parties is depriving Palestinians of their right to freely elect their representatives. (cartercenter.org)
- Many Libyans blame political rivalries for the problems plaguing a country awash with militias and weaponry left over from the 2011 Nato-backed rebellion. (news24.com)
- Public anger in Libya is growing as widespread violence - including political assassinations - proliferates, particularly in the east of the country. (news24.com)
- I once promised never to use the term "far right" to describe any European political party because these parties differ so much from country to country and because they often want such different things. (slate.com)
- Bowman said if something horrible happens to the country - a terrorist attack, an economic downturn, a political scandal - the president has real trouble. (vaildaily.com)
- Like Macron, Melenchon created his own party: the likely losers in France will be the parties that have governed the country, under different titles, since World War Two. (reuters.com)
- The leader of the largest Islamic party in the country refused to seek a presidential pardon, thus conceding his crimes. (asianews.it)
- Tea Party Patriots claims to be the nation's largest tea party group, with 2,700 chapters across the country, including at least 175 in California. (independentpoliticalreport.com)
- Do not give up on a party that has achieved so much for this country and, given the chance, still can. (economist.com)
- The United States and other bodies have expressed concern over the political tension in the country. (africanews.com)
- The MDC party led by Welshman Ncube was day responding to the veteran leader's utterances at African Union summit in Ethiopian, as well as upon his return at the Harare International Airport, when he denounced NGOs operating in the country. (ngopulse.org)
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has called on national officers of political parties to address challenges hindering capacity and efficiency of the parties in the country. (sunnewsonline.com)
- We selected for publication those data sets that tended to maximize four criteria: (1) highest data quality, as represented by the associated AC codes, (2) comparability in coding categories for the cultural differentiator involved, (3) lowest mean attraction score over all the parties in the country, and (4) highest mean concentration score. (janda.org)
- Both parties disrupt the peace in our country and they both constantly attack each other to the point where it looks like "dis tracks" are being produced, Or that this is some sort of TV drama. (debate.org)
- The Liberal Party is in a strange predicament: it is led by a man who does not share many of its basic values, who lacks charisma and leadership qualities, and is disliked by much of the party which did not elect him to the leadership. (quadrant.org.au)
- Professor Toplin and I do share common ground on at least one point: just as white, waddling, quacking fowl are ducks (even if they don't know it), Americans Elect is, in every way that counts, a political party. (historynewsnetwork.org)
- The movers and shakers of Americans Elect say theirs is not a party but rather something brand new, independent, and post-partisan. (historynewsnetwork.org)
- The result of the Court's superseding of this process has been that abortion has become a national political issue. (nationalreview.com)
- And several groups are pulling together the National Tea Party Convention in early February in Nashville, where former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is set to headline. (foxnews.com)
- When you entered into a National Party of Nigeria, NPN, territory, you saw visible signs of housing and what was also dubiously called the Green Revolution. (vanguardngr.com)
- The party made this known in a statement titled 'PDP Alerts: APC Is The Problem With Nigeria' and signed by Kola Ologbondiyan, National Publicity Secretary. (vanguardngr.com)
- The IPAC National Chairman, Alhaji Mohammadu Nalado, expressed optimism that at the end of the workshop, the capacity of parties' officers would be developed in party administration, management and fund-raising for campaign. (sunnewsonline.com)
- Will the National Federation Party continue its decline in the shadow of Mahendra Chaudhry and the Fiji Labour Party or will it be able to remake and reposition itself in the emerging political landscape of the months ahead? (fijisun.com.fj)
- The party has at least one member who, at the time of the application, is a member of the Dáil or a representative of the European Parliament and who certifies in writing to the Registrar that he or she is a member of the party. (thejournal.ie)
- By 99 to one, with three abstentions, Armenia's Parliament approved, in the first reading, the bill on political parties. (tert.am)
- In 1971 Erich Honecker replaced Ulbricht as party leader. (britannica.com)
- they should do what it takes to shoulder the political liability," the CHP leader said. (worldbulletin.net)
- Alberta Independence Party Leader Dave Bjorkman believes his party is the "true centre" of Alberta politics. (edmontonjournal.com)
- Founded in November 1985 by Rahsan Ecevit, wife of former CHP ( q.v. ) leader B lent Ecevit, who had been banned from political activity. (countrystudies.us)
- Founded in June 1983 after the dissolution of the BTP ( q.v. ). The center-right party was considered to be the successor to the banned AP ( q.v. ). Former AP leader S leyman Demirel was its leader before becoming president. (countrystudies.us)
- The leader cited several such instances like a recent meeting convened by the state president Arun Chaturvedi at the headquarters where none of key party functionaries bothered to arrive. (indiatimes.com)
- The Central leadership has decided to retain Gehlot as chief minister but state president will in change for sure," said a senior party leader. (indiatimes.com)
- After a few months this positivity diminished and it became increasingly clear that that the enemy was not just the Tories, but those in our own party-the Blairites, the Red Tories, those who doubted that our leader was up to the task of power. (economist.com)