A framework through which the United Kingdom's National Health Service organizations are accountable for continually improving the quality of their services and safeguarding high standards of care by creating an environment in which excellence in clinical care will flourish. (Scally and Donaldson, BMJ (4 July 1998): 61-65)
Inferior and external epigastric arteries arise from external iliac; superficial from femoral; superior from internal thoracic. They supply the abdominal muscles, diaphragm, iliac region, and groin. The inferior epigastric artery is used in coronary artery bypass grafting and myocardial revascularization.
Conservation of Natural Resources
World War II
Encyclopedias as Topic
Education, Pharmacy, Continuing
Programmed Instruction as Topic
Prussian Blue Reaction
World War I
Severe systemic manifestation of trauma and ischemia involving soft tissues, principally skeletal muscle, due to prolonged severe crushing. It leads to increased permeability of the cell membrane and to the release of potassium, enzymes, and myoglobin from within cells. Ischemic renal dysfunction secondary to hypotension and diminished renal perfusion results in acute tubular necrosis and uremia.
United States Department of Agriculture
A cabinet department in the Executive Branch of the United States Government concerned with improving and maintaining farm income and developing and expanding markets for agricultural products. Through inspection and grading services it safeguards and insures standards of quality in food supply and production.
Consumer Health Information
Constitutional, biochemical and lifestyle correlates of fibrinogen and factor VII activity in Polish urban and rural populations. (1/2045)BACKGROUND: Fibrinogen and factor VII activity are known to be related to atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease, but population differences in clotting factors and modifiable characteristics that influence their levels have not been widely explored. METHODS: This paper examines correlates of plasma fibrinogen concentration and factor VII activity in 2443 men and women aged 35-64 in random samples selected from the residents in two districts in urban Warsaw (618 men and 651 women) and from rural Tarnobrzeg Province (556 men and 618 women) screened in 1987-1988, and assesses which characteristics might explain urban-rural differences. Fibrinogen and factor VII activity were determined using coagulation methods. RESULTS: Fibrinogen was 12.9 mg/dl higher in men and 14.1 mg/dl higher in women in Tarnobrzeg compared to Warsaw. Factor VII activity was higher in Warsaw (9.2% in men and 15.3% in women). After adjustment for selected characteristics, fibrinogen was higher in smokers compared to non-smokers by 28 mg/dl in men and 22 mg/dl in women. In women, a 15 mg/dl increase in HDL-cholesterol was associated with a 10 mg/dl decrease in fibrinogen (P < 0.01). After adjustment for other variables, a higher factor VII activity in Warsaw remained significant (a difference of 9.4% in men and 14.8% in women). Lower fibrinogen in Warsaw remained significant only in women (15.4 mg/dl difference). CONCLUSIONS: The study confirmed that sex, age, BMI, smoking and blood lipids are related to clotting factors. However, with the exception of gender differences and smoking, associations between clotting factors and other variables were small and of questionable practical importance. (+info)
Spontaneous heterosis in larval life-history traits of hemiclonal frog hybrids. (2/2045)European water frog hybrids Rana esculenta (Rana ridibunda x Rana lessonae) reproduce hemiclonally, transmitting only their ridibunda genome to gametes. We compared fitness-related larval life-history traits of natural R. esculenta from Poland with those of the two sympatric parental species and of newly generated F1 hybrids. Compared with either parental species, F1 hybrid offspring had higher survival, higher early growth rates, a more advanced developmental stage by day 49, and earlier metamorphosis, but similar mass at metamorphosis. R. esculenta from natural lineages had trait values intermediate between those of F1 offspring and of the two parental species. The data support earlier observations on natural R. esculenta that had faster larval growth, earlier metamorphosis, and higher resistance to hypoxic conditions compared with either parental species. Observing larval heterosis in F1 hybrids in survival, growth rate, and time to metamorphosis, however, at an even higher degree than in hybrids from natural lineages, demonstrates that heterosis is spontaneous and results from hybridity per se rather than from subsequent interclonal selection; in natural lineages the effects of hybridity and of clonal history are confounded. This is compelling evidence for spontaneous heterosis in hybrid clonals. Results on hemiclonal fish hybrids (Poeciliopsis) showed no spontaneous heterosis; thus, our frog data are not applicable to all hybrid clonals. Our data do show, however, that heterosis is an important potential source for the extensively observed ecological success of hybrid clonals. We suggest that heterosis and interclonal selection together shape fitness of natural R. esculenta lineages. (+info)
Primary endometrioid carcinoma of fallopian tube. Clinicomorphologic study. (3/2045)Twenty cases of primary Fallopian tube endometrioid carcinoma (PFTEC) are presented in the paper. This accounts for 42.5% of all histologic forms of primary Fallopian tube carcinoma (PFTC) found in our Department. The youngest patient was 38, and the oldest 68 years (mean: 56 years). Seven patients were nulliparas. Only two cases were bilateral. According to FIGO staging, 13 cases were evaluated as stage I, 4 as II, and 3 as stage III. Due to the histologic grading, 8 tumors were classified as well, 7 as moderately, and 5 as poorly differentiated. In the time of preparation of the manuscript, 12 women were still alive, 2 of them with recurrent disease. The follow-up of patients without recurrence ranged from 4 to 120 months (median: 63). Eight patients had died (survival time: from 4 to 65 months; median: 26). Metastases were found in 8 patients, especially to ovaries. In 14/20 cases of PFTEC various forms of tubal wall invasion were observed. Blood or lymphatic vessels involvement was found in 9 patients. Six of them had died and one is alive with the symptoms of disease. Immunohistochemical detection of the mutant form of p53 protein and oncogene product, c-erbB-2, was studied in 17 cases. Nine patients exhibited simultaneous p53 protein accumulation and c-erbB-2 expression. 2/9 of these patients are alive with recurrent tumors and 4/9 died. Endometrioid carcinoma of the Fallopian tube can be characterized by a tendency to superficial invasion of tubal wall and in a half of the cases by invasion of vessels. The majority of these tumors were diagnosed at an early stage tumors. (+info)
Multidrug-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in Poland: identification of emerging clones. (4/2045)Penicillin resistance among Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates has rapidly emerged in Poland during the last decade and has reached prevalence levels of up to 14.4% in 1997. In order to investigate the nature of this increase, a molecular epidemiological analysis of non-penicillin-susceptible multidrug-resistant pneumococci isolated in 1995 and 1996 was conducted. Thirty-seven patients who suffered mainly from upper respiratory tract infections and pneumococcal pneumonia were enrolled in this study. The medical centers to which the patients were admitted were located in 16 Polish towns across the country. Eight distinct BOX PCR types were observed, representing 14 subtypes. Restriction fragment end labeling (RFEL) analysis divided the pneumococcal strains into 16 distinct types. By combining the BOX PCR and RFEL data, four genetically distinct clusters of strains were identified. Two clusters represented the genetic clones 23F and 9V, which have recently emerged all over the world. The two other genetic clusters, which represented serotypes 23F and 6B, clearly predominated in the analyzed collection of Polish non-penicillin-susceptible pneumococcal strains. Since the latter clusters did not match any of the 133 RFEL types of non-penicillin-susceptible pneumococci collected in 15 other countries, their Polish clonal origin is most likely. (+info)
Molecular epidemiologic research on the effects of environmental pollutants on the fetus. (5/2045)Evidence shows that fetuses and infants are more affected than adults by a variety of environmental toxicants because of differential exposure, physiologic immaturity, and a longer lifetime over which disease initiated in early life can develop. In this article we review data on the effects of in utero exposure to common environmental contaminants, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), particulate matter and environmental tobacco smoke (ETS). We then summarize results from our molecular epidemiologic study to assess risks from in utero exposures to ambient air pollution and ETS. This research study, conducted in Poland, used biomarkers to measure the internal and bioeffective dose of toxicants and individual susceptibility factors. The study included 160 mothers and 160 newborns. Ambient air pollution was significantly associated (p= 0.05) with the amount of PAH bound to DNA (PAH-DNA adducts) in both maternal and infant cord white blood cells (WBC). Newborns with elevated PAH-DNA adducts (greater than the median) had significantly decreased birth weight (p= 0.05), birth length (p= 0.02), and head circumference (p= 0.0005) compared to the newborns with lower adducts (n= 135). Maternal and infant cotinine levels were increased by active and passive cigarette smoke exposure of the mother (p= 0.01). An inverse correlation was seen between newborn plasma cotinine (nanograms per milliliter) and birth weight (p= 0.0001) and length (p= 0.003). Adducts were elevated in placental tissue and WBC of newborns who were heterozygous or homozygous for the cytochrome P4501A1 MspI restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) compared to newborns without the RFLP. Levels of PAH-DNA and cotinine were higher in newborns than mothers. These results document that there is significant transplacental transfer of PAH and ETS constituents from mother to fetus; that PAH-DNA adduct levels in maternal and newborn WBC were increased with environmental exposure to PAH from ambient pollution; and that the fetus is more sensitive to genetic damage than the mother. The study also provided the first molecular evidence that transplacental PAH exposure to the fetus is compromising fetal development. If confirmed, these findings could have significant public health implications since a number of studies have found that reduction of head circumference at birth correlates with lower intelligence quotient as well as poorer cognitive functioning and school performance in childhood. (+info)
Mucolipidosis type IV: the origin of the disease in the Ashkenazi Jewish population. (6/2045)Mucolipidosis type IV (MLIV) is a neurodegenerative lysosomal storage disease in which most of the patients diagnosed hitherto are Ashkenazi Jews. The basic metabolic defect causing this disease is still unknown and the relevant gene has not yet been mapped or cloned. Seventeen Israel Ashkenazi families with MLIV patients had been interviewed to study their family origin. Although the families immigrated to Israel from various European countries they all could trace their roots three to four generations back to northern Poland or the immediate neighbouring country, Lithuania. Furthermore, there are only one or two ultraorthodox families among the 70-80 Ashkenazi families with MLIV patients worldwide, a marked under-representation of this group which constitutes at least 10% of the Ashkenazi population. This data indicate that MLIV mutation occurred only around the 18th and 19th centuries, after the major expansion of this population, in a founder in this defined European region belonging to a more modern, secular family. (+info)
Application of the classic Limulus test and the quantitative kinetic chromogenic LAL method for evaluation of endotoxin concentration in indoor air. (7/2045)The classic (gel-clot procedure) Limulus test (CLT) and the quantitative kinetic chromogenic LAL method (KQCL) used for the evaluation of bacterial endotoxin concentration in the indoor air of dwellings were compared. The scientific procedure included analyses of 40 air samples supplemented by the analysis of 20 sample duplicates (selected at random) which were taken during the fall season from 10 flats located in 3 towns of the Upper Silesian region (southern Poland). The particulate aerosol probes were sampled by Harvard impactor and Casella sampler. The same samples were analyzed in the Netherlands using the quantitative kinetic chromogenic LAL method, and in Poland using the classic Limulus test. Comparison of both methods revealed that the quantitative kinetic chromogenic LAL method was more precise, with better reproducibility (the coefficient of variation between analyses of the main probe and its duplicate was over two times smaller in the KQCL method than in the CLT method), fully automated in the phase of analysis and data reading, and faster and more effective than the classic Limulus test. Nevertheless, on the basis of the obtained results, the usefulness of the classic Limulus method for assessment of the degree of pollution of indoor air with bacterial endotoxin seems to be confirmed as in the majority of examined samples (21 out 40) the results obtained by both methods were of the same order of magnitude, and in the remaining 19 samples did exceed one order of magnitude. Thus, the data received by means of the classic Limulus test may be regarded as acceptable. (+info)
Seroepidemiologic study on the occurrence of antibodies against Yersinia enterocolitica and Yersinia pseudotuberculosis in urban and rural population of the Lublin region (eastern Poland). (8/2045)The aim of this study was to assess the seroprevalence of antibodies against Yersinia in the rural and urban population and to determine the frequency of particular serotypes of Yersinia enterocolitica and Yersinia pseudotuberculosis. 472 sera were examined, 257 of rural inhabitants and 215 of urban inhabitants. The survey was carried out by passive hemagglutination test with the antigens of Yersinia serotypes considered pathogenic for humans: Y. enterocolitica 03, 05, 06, 08, 09 and Y. pseudotuberculosis I and III. In the examined rural population positive reactions to Yersinia antigens were significantly more frequent than in the examined urban population (42% versus 20%, p<0.0001). The most frequent reactions were against Y. enterocolitica serotypes 05 and 08. (+info)
Virulence Potential of Staphylococcus aureus Strains Isolated from Diabetic Foot Ulcers Among Patients from Southern Poland |...
Title:Virulence Potential of Staphylococcus aureus Strains Isolated from Diabetic Foot Ulcers Among Patients from Southern Poland. VOLUME: 14 ISSUE: 6. Author(s):Monika Pobiega, Iwona Myjak, Monika Pomorska-Wesolowska, Dorota Romaniszyn, Grzegorz Ziólkowski, Agnieszka Chmielarczyk, Joanna Maciag, Anna Szczypta and Jadwiga Wojkowska-Mach. Affiliation:Microbiology Department, Jagiellonian University Medical College, 18 Czysta Street, 31-121 Krakow, Poland.. Keywords:Diabetic foot ulcers, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, antimicrobial resistance, virulence, mupirocin, Poland.. Abstract:The prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) was investigated among infected diabetic foot ulcers in hospitalized and nonhospitalized patients in southern Poland to assess the virulence patterns and antimicrobial resistance among these strains. MRSA was detected in 10.3% of all studied isolates, from the hospitalized patients only. The rest of the isolates was methicillin ...
Admission to surgery time in Polish patients with hip fractures: temporal trends in the last decade and association with...
Admission to surgery time in Polish patients with hip fractures: temporal trends in the last decade and association with duration of hospitalization and in-hospital mortality Academic Article ...
Poland Economy | Labor force Stats: NationMaster.com
Poland Labor force Stats, NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Labor-force. Poland Labor force Stats, NationMaster. 2005-2013. ,http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Labor-force,.. Poland Labor force Stats, NationMaster, ,http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Labor-force, [assessed 2005-2013]. Poland Labor force Stats, NationMaster [Internet]. 2005-2013. Avaliable from: ,http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Labor-force,.. Poland Labor force Stats, NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 2005-2013.. Poland Labor force Stats, NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Labor-force (assessed 2005-2013). Poland Labor force Stats, NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Labor-force (last visited 2005-2013). Poland Labor force Stats, NationMaster, ...
Poland Economy | Stocks traded Stats: NationMaster.com
Poland Stocks traded Stats, NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Stocks-traded. Poland Stocks traded Stats, NationMaster. 1988-2006. ,http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Stocks-traded,.. Poland Stocks traded Stats, NationMaster, ,http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Stocks-traded, [assessed 1988-2006]. Poland Stocks traded Stats, NationMaster [Internet]. 1988-2006. Avaliable from: ,http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Stocks-traded,.. Poland Stocks traded Stats, NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1988-2006.. Poland Stocks traded Stats, NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Stocks-traded (assessed 1988-2006). Poland Stocks traded Stats, NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Poland/Economy/Stocks-traded (last visited 1988-2006). Poland Stocks traded Stats, ...
BORRELIA BURGDORFERI SENSU LATO IN THE IXODES RICINUS TICKS IN SOUTHERN POLAND
In May 1996, 164 pooled and single samples containing 913 larvae, nymphs and adults of Ixodes ricinus from urban, suburban and wooded biotopes of southern Poland were examined for the presence of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato. Ticks were collected by dragging a flag over the vegetation and B....
Physical and mental health aspects of elderly in social care in Poland | CIA
Physical and mental health aspects of elderly in social care in Poland Dorota Dobrzyn-Matusiak,1 Czeslaw Marcisz,2 Ewelina Bak,3 Halina Kulik,1 Ewa Marcisz4 1Department of Nursing Propaedeutics, 2Department of Gerontology and Geriatric Nursing, School of Health Care, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland; 3Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Bielsko-Biala, Bielsko-Biala, Poland; 4Department of Anxiety Disorders, Hospital of Ministry of Internal Affairs, Katowice,Â Poland Background: The objective of the study was to evaluate health aspects in elderly individuals in social, institutional, and home care in Poland.Methods: A total of 300 elderly individuals in care in Poland were included in the study. The subjects were divided into three groups: residents of long-term care institutions (group I), residents of adult day-care homes (group II), and community-dwelling subjects (group III). Each group consisted of 100 subjects. Questionnaires evaluating the following physical and mental
Sex education in Poland - a cross-sectional study evaluating over twenty thousand polish womens knowledge of reproductive...
Reproductive health is a part of a comprehensive definition of complete physical, mental and social well-being. Sex education is an important aspect of public health. Ignorance, due to the lack of sex education leads to risky sexual behaviors. Methods: Our cross-sectional study was aimed at investigating a representative group of Polish womens knowledge about the physiology of the menstrual cycle, contraceptive methods, infertility and cervical cancer prevention. The data were collected by face-to-face interviews and an anonymous electronic questionnaire. The study group involved 20,002 respondents. Most of the women were of reproductive age (mean 27.7), parous (60.8%), of higher education (71%) and living in large cities (| 500 k citizens, 36.8%). 62.2% of the women gave correct answers to at least 5 of 7 questions concerning the physiology of the menstrual cycle. Three factors had a significant influence on the number of correct answers: higher education (p = 0.0001), more frequent gynecological
Wielkopolski - Wikipedia
This article is about a breed of horse. See also Wielkopolska (region of Poland) and Wielkopolska National Park. The Wielkopolski is a breed of horse that was originated in Central and Western Poland in 1964, and is occasionally known as Mazursko-Poznanski. Its name derives from Wielkopolska (Great Poland), a region in west central Poland centred on Poznań. The Wielkopolski was developed by crossing two now extinct Polish breeds, the Pozan and the Mazury, so it is also referred to as the Mazursko-Poznanski. The Pozan or Poznan horse was developed in Poland. This breed was extremely rare, and was bred at the studs at Posadowo, Racot, and Gogolewo. The Pozan was a mixture of Arabian, Thoroughbred, Trakehner, and Hanoverian bloodlines. It was a middleweight farm horse, very versatile, used for riding and agricultural work. The Mazury, also known as the Masuren was developed in Poland as a riding horse. It mainly stemmed from the Trakehner breed and when crossed with the Pozan went on to develop ...
Preliminary study on the occurrence of Toxoplasma gondii in Ixodes ricinus ticks from north-western Poland with the use of PCR....
A batch of 259 Ixodes ricinus ticks collected by flagging in woodlands of north-western Poland (Szczecin area) was examined for the presence of Toxoplasma gondii DNA with nested polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Positive isolates were genotyped with the restriction fragment length polymorphism...
Common low-penetrance risk variants associated with breast cancer in Polish women | BMC Cancer | Full Text
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer and the second leading cause of cancer-death among women in Poland. The known high-risk mutations account for 25% of familial aggregation cases and 5% of total breast cancer predisposition. Genome-wide association studies have identified a number of common low-penetrance genetic variants, but their contribution to disease risk differs between populations. To verify selected associations with breast cancer susceptibility among Polish women, the replication study was performed, included 1424 women with breast cancer and 1788 healthy persons. Sixteen single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) were analyzed using TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays. Allele frequency differences were tested using chi2-test implemented in PLINK v1.07 and Cochran-Armitage trend test was performed using R software. Significant differences (Bonferroni corrected p-valuecor ≤ 0.0197) in the frequency of alleles distribution between all cancer and control subjects were observed for four
Interactive Biosoftware - Molecular characterization of Polish patients with familial hypercholesterolemia: novel and...
about Alamut. I tried different software applications that are available in the market before I made my final decision. I must say alamut visual is the best in many ways, and sometimes you feel like you enjoy to surf in software and it makes you feel more and more curious with your findings in the data you work with. Thank you!. NAGIHAN AKBULUT. ATCLearn, Salmiya, Kuwait. ...
Y-chromosome STR haplotypes (...) in the Northeastern Poland
Forensic Sci Int. 2004 Jun 30;143(1):65-8. Related Articles, Links Y-chromosome STR haplotypes and alleles in the population sample of Old Believers residing in the Northeastern Poland. Pepinski W, Niemcunowicz-Janica A, Skawronska M, Koc-Zorawska E, Janica J, Soltyszewski I. Department of Forensic Medicine, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok 15-230, Poland. Haplotype and allele frequencies for eight Y-STRs were determined in a population sample of Old Believers
Automotive industry in Poland - Wikipedia
The automobile industry in Poland makes up a sizeable part of the Polish economy, accounting for about 11% of Polands industrial production. Poland is one of the largest producer of light vehicles (passenger cars) in Central and Eastern Europe. As of 2013 Poland was the 23rd largest automaker in the world. The first Polish company that produced automobile vehicles, Ursus, was established in 1893, and became known for a line of tractors produced since 1922. After Poland regained independence in the aftermath of World War I, Polish automotive industry produced a number of light military vehicles, such as armored cars tankettes and light tanks (7TP being the most advanced model). Civilian automotive production also existed, with the Centralne Warsztaty Samochodowe (later, Państwowe Zakłady Inżynieryjne) being the most notable company. Nonetheless, compared to more industrialized countries in the Western Europe, interwar Poland is seen as having rather limited auto producing capacities before ...
Vital Factors In dating polish women - A Background - Curie Magazine
Psychotic or psychiatrically in poor health losers may stalk, comply with, or harass you. They may threaten bodily violence, present weapons, or threaten to kill you or themselves in the event you go away them. For those who try to date others, they may follow you or threaten your new date. Your new date could also be subjected to telephone harassment, vandalism, threats, and even physical assaults. If youre lately divorced, separated, or recently ended another relationship, The Loser could also be intimidating toward your ex-companion, fearing you may polish woman return if the other associate shouldnt be scared off. Simply remember - every part The Loser has ever done to anybody will probably be coming your method. The Loser could send you pictures of you, your children, or your family - footage they have taken secretly - hinting that they will reach out and contact those you like. Chances are youll need help and authorized motion to separate from these people.. Hi Lisa , you seem very ...
Cheap Flights to Swietokrzyskie Voivodeship, Poland $202.65 in 2018 | Expedia
Travel the world better. Flights to Swietokrzyskie Voivodeship starting at $202.65 from airlines such as American Airlines, Delta, United, JetBlue, Frontier, and more. Book your flight + hotel to save 100%.
Poland the silence is broken
In 1939-45, my Polish family from eastern Poland was deported by Soviets to Siberia. My family is Roman Catholic and many have not heard of their plight. Many lost their lives in Katyn and these groups of families have not had the freedom to speak. With Poland at last free in 1989, stories can be told. This site is dedicated to the victims that could not speak. Many have heard of the Jewish Holocaust but what they did not hear is of silenced ones that were not Jewish. Now after 68 years it is as if our victims have just woke up from a very long absence. Documents are starting to surface that were missing and accountability in the form of movies, written material and most important eyewitness accounts. Between communist not allowing Poland to speak and Polish families spread to all corner of the world it worked. Families from other countrys are now in search of relatives, graves and family documentation that before now could not be located. This group is for all victims of all generations.
Regionalisation in Poland: modifying territorialisation while acknowledging different regional identities #RoR2017 | Assembly...
Poland is a country in Central Europe. In the early Middle Ages, Polands small principalities and townships were subjugated by successive waves of invaders, such as Germans, Balts and Mongols. In the mid-1500s, united Poland was the largest and perhaps most powerful European state. However, during the Partitions of Poland (1772-1918), the nation was divided into three different parts, under the control of the empires of Russia, Prussia, and Austria.. Poland was restored as a state in 1918, but lost again its independence during the Second World War, when it was occupied by Nazi Germany, and becoming a communist satellite state of the Soviet Union after the war. Poland acquired new territories on the west, which previously belonged to Germany, but lost to the Soviet Union its eastern territories. From the 1950s onward, the communist authorities brutally suppressed the traditional intermediate bodies between municipalities and regions. Regions and local authorities were deprived from all ...
poland spring water
Poland Spring is a brand of bottled water which is manufactured by a subsidiary of Nestl and sold in the United States.  State legislator Jim Wilfong proposed a 20 cent per gallon tax be allowed to be voted on in a referendum, but the measure was defeated. In some towns, such as Fryeburg, Maine, Poland Spring actually buys the water (110 million gallons of water from Fryeburg a year) from another company, the Fryeburg Water Co., and ships it to the Poland Spring bottling plant in Poland Spring. Poland Spring 100% Natural Spring Water, 101.4 Fl Oz,Pack of 6 4.5 out of 5 stars 26. The POLAND SPRING WATER brand is owned by NESTLE S.A. , a company listed in . Still, to put it simply, spring water and purified water can come from the same source, but purified water undergoes a more rigorous purification process. $5.49/ea ($0.22/pt) Earliest delivery Fri 1/22 -Decrease the Quantity 1 enter the quantity of product + Increase the Quantity 1. To be exact it contains an ND level of fluoride, which ...
Kraków (also spelled Cracow), the former capital of Poland, is located 180 miles south of the present capital of Warsaw. It is one of Polands largest (pop. 780,000), most historic and most beautiful cities.. In addition to its rich medieval history centering around Polish royalty, Krakow was home to two famous 20th-century personages: Oskar Schindler of Schlinders List fame and the future Pope John Paul II, who lived here for 40 years as a priest and later as Archbishop of Krakow. One of few Polish cities to escape major devastation by the Nazis during World War II, todays Krakow is renowned for its beauty by Poles (it is the most popular domestic tourist destination) and foreigners alike. It has become an essential stop on the main Central European tourism axis that includes Vienna, Budapest, and Prague. UNESCO designated the city a World Heritage Site in 1978 for its many historic buildings, which include numerous old churches full of religious art and no less than seven historic ...
Frequency of 22q11.2 microdeletion in children with congenital heart defects in western poland - pdf descargar
Frequency of 22q11.2 microdeletion in children with congenital heart defects in western poland. . Biblioteca virtual para leer y descargar libros, documentos, trabajos y tesis universitarias en PDF. Material universiario, documentación y tareas realizadas por universitarios en nuestra biblioteca. Para descargar gratis y para leer online.
40th Congress of the Polish Society of Neurosurgeons and Section of Neurosurgery Nurses Wroclaw, Poland September 15th - 18th,...
40th Congress of the Polish Society of Neurosurgeons and Section of Neurosurgery Nurses Wroclaw, Poland September 15th - 18th, 2011 I 40 Zjazd Polskiego Towarzystwa Neurochirurgów i Sekcji Pielęgniarstwa
Relationship between lower-extremity defects and body mass among polish children: a cross-sectional study | BMC Musculoskeletal...
Lower extremity defects in healthy children raises interest of researchers as confirmed by numerous published original and review articles. The relationship between lower extremity postural defects and body mass are unclear as published data are inconclusive. The aim of the present cross-sectional study was to analyse the prevalence of lower extremity defects in a large group of 8- to 12-year-old children; and further to assess the probability of defects associated with values of body mass variables. The study included prospective anthropometric measurements data of 6992 children (3476 boys and 3516 girls) from Gdansk (Northern Poland). Standard screening test used in Poland for assessment of lower limb defects were used (intermalleolar or intercondylar distance for knee alignment, linear vertical compass for valgus heel, computer podoscope or classical footprint and measuring the Sztriter-Godunow index for flatfeet). Body mass was assessed with local centile charts and IOTF cutoffs. Prevalence of
06.09.10 Modeling & Design of Molecular Materials 2006, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw, Poland
06.09.10 Modeling & Design of Molecular Materials 2006, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw, Poland, Computational Chemistry List, Resource for Computational Chemists, molecular modeling, and associated archives
Magiran | Trends in the Incidence Rates of Chronic Hepatitis B in Poland in the Years 2005 - 2013
Background The prevalence of newly-diagnosed cases of chronic hepatitis is decisive for the overall incidence rate of hepatitis B observed in Poland.Objectives We aimed to determine the chronic hepatitis B incidence trends in Poland, taking into consideration the ages, genders, and environments of the patients.Methods The study is based on aggregated data from Polish descriptive epidemiological studies for the period of 2005 to 2013 (i.e., hepatitis B incidence numbers and ratios, including mixed HBV and HCV infections) as published in the annual bulletins Choroby zakazne i zatrucia w Polsce (Infectious diseases and poisonings in Poland] drawn up by the laboratory for the monitoring and analysis of epidemiological status of the department of epidemiology at the national institute of public health - national institute of hygiene (NIPH-NIH). Poland, a central European country situated in the humid continental climate zone, is classified as a highly developed country. In the analyzed period, the Polish
Szczecin, Poland - Sail On Board
Szczecin was the final port for the Tall Ships Races in 2007, 2013 and 2017… and it will continue this trend in when it hosts the international fleet again in 2021. Over two million visitors came to the event in 2017, and 2021 is sure to prove just as popular.. Szczecin is one of the largest cities in the north of Poland. Its known as Polands green city of ecology and its famous for its yachting. Its surrounded by water and is situated on the banks of the Szczecin Lagoon, which is the countrys largest reservoir. The western Oder river flows into the lagoon, carrying waters from the Oder Basin, which covers nearly one third of the area of Poland.. Szczecin offers access to a number of higher education institutions, theatres, opera, museums and parks. Here, the sea meets inland waterways right in the city centre, with berthing facilities that receive ships from around the globe. Every year, the city organises a range of maritime events, including Sail Szczecin, and Old Timers Rally, and ...
Epidemiology of asthma in Poland in urban and rural areas, based on provided health care services | Śliwczyński | Advances in...
Introduction: Asthma is a serious health and social problem, also in Poland. The epidemiological data indicate that the problem of asthma concerns approximately 4 million people in Poland, whereas almost approximately 70% of them have no diagnosis and are not aware of their illness, and on the other hand in 39% of persons who declared the diagnosis of asthma in a survey the diagnosis was negatively verified (overdiagnosis of asthma). So far, no detailed comparative studies for asthma incidence rate in urban and rural areas were conducted in Poland. The aim of the study was to analyze patients with asthma in Poland in the years 2008−2012, with regard to province and type of commune (rural/urban).. Material and methods: The study used data from National Health Fund (NFZ) - reported by health care providers regarding the patients diagnosed with asthma. Using structured query language (SQL) a set of patients was selected and created, for whom at the same time ICD-10 code: J45.X-bronchial asthma ...
Lichens of Narew and its surroundings (Podlasie, North-Eastern Poland) - Roczniki Akademii Rolniczej w Poznaniu. Botanika...
CIEŚLIŃSKI S., CZYŻEWSKA K., FABISZEWSKI J. (2006): Red list of the Lichenes in Poland In: Red list of plants and fungi in Poland. Czerwona lista roślin i grzybów Polski. Eds Z. Mirek, K. Zarzycki, W. Wojewoda, Z. Szeląg. W. Szafer Institute of Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Kraków: 71-90 ...
Villa Stratus - Prices & Guest house Reviews (Gdansk, Poland) - TripAdvisor
Book Villa Stratus, Gdansk on TripAdvisor: See 21 traveler reviews, 41 candid photos, and great deals for Villa Stratus, ranked #6 of 99 B&Bs / inns in Gdansk and rated 4.5 of 5 at TripAdvisor.
Podewils Hotel (Gdansk, Poland) - Reviews, Photos & Price Comparison - TripAdvisor
Now £72 (Was £̶7̶7̶) on TripAdvisor: Podewils Hotel, Gdansk. See 237 traveller reviews, 243 candid photos, and great deals for Podewils Hotel, ranked #1 of 85 hotels in Gdansk and rated 4.5 of 5 at TripAdvisor.
La Petite B&B - UPDATED 2017 Prices, Reviews & Photos (Gdansk, Poland) - Hotel - TripAdvisor
Book La Petite B&B, Gdansk on TripAdvisor: See 47 traveller reviews, 53 candid photos, and great deals for La Petite B&B, ranked #54 of 85 hotels in Gdansk and rated 4 of 5 at TripAdvisor.
Apparent Epidemic of Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus in Midwestern Poland | Diabetes
There is no information concerning the risk of developing insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) in eastern Europe. An IDDM registry has been developed in Midwest Poland for 1970-1984. The risk of developing IDDM in Polish children was determined through utilization of the registry. The incidence of IDDM in Polish children was very low compared with other Caucasian populations. There was a major increase in risk beginning in 1982; the incidence almost doubled from 3.5/100,000 in 1970-1981 to 6.6/100,000 in 1982-1984. The pattern of IDDM in the high-risk period was different from that in the low-risk period, with an altered seasonal pattern and unusual increased incidence in younger children. The rapid increase in incidence as well as altered epidemiologic patterns during this period suggest that major alterations of environmental factors were responsible for the change in risk.. ...
Longevity and gender as the risk factors of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in southern Poland | BMC...
Open peer review is a system where authors know who the reviewers are, and the reviewers know who the authors are. If the manuscript is accepted, the named reviewer reports are published alongside the article. Pre-publication versions of the article and author comments to reviewers are available by contacting [email protected] All previous versions of the manuscript and all author responses to the reviewers are also available.. You can find further information about the peer review system here.. ...
NATO - News: Coronavirus response: essential supplies airlifted to Poland, 03-Jun.-2020
The NATO-supported Strategic Airlift International Solution (SALIS) executed a mission to Wroclaw today (3 June 2020), bringing 75 tonnes of equipment to Poland to help stem the spread of COVID-19. The AN-124 flight delivered face shields, a mask-making machine, protective clothing, and medical gloves. Requested by Polands Ministry of National Defence, this marks the fifth SALIS mission carried out in 2020 to support Polands efforts to fight the Coronavirus pandemic. In total, Poland has airlifted 299 tonnes of medical supplies through this programme.
Upper Silesia | region, Europe | Britannica
Other articles where Upper Silesia is discussed: Opolskie: History: …the duchy of Opole-Racibórz (Upper Silesia). During the rule of the
All about genealogy and family history - World Archives Project: USHMM - Krakow, Poland, Applications for ID Cards for Jews...
Project Instructions This collection contains records from Krakow, including questionnaires of Jews who applied for personal ID cards, household member lists, indexes, resettlement cards, and residence requests. The German army occupied Krakow in the first week of September 1939. In May 1940 the Germans began to expel Jews from Krakow to the neighboring countryside and required them to report for forced labor by October 1940. By March 1941, the SS and police had expelled more than 55,000 Jews, and about 15,000 Jews remained in Krakow. In early March 1941, German officials ordered the establishment of a ghetto located in the south of Krakow. Between 15,000 and 20,000 Jews lived within the ghetto boundaries. The SS and police liquidated the Krakow ghetto on March 13-14, 1943, fulfilling Himmlers order in October 1942 to complete the murder of Jews residing in the Generalgouvernement, incarcerating those whose labor was still required in forced-labor camps. The records are primarily in German. ...
Zn-Pb slag crystallization: evaluating temperature conditions on the basis of geothermometry | European Journal of Mineralogy |...
Temperature estimates are key to understanding the crystallization of pyrometallurgical slags. To date, temperature approximations have been based mainly on phase diagrams; these give approximate data only. Geothermometers (e.g., phase - whole-rock composition) applied in this study give much more accurate, focused results that are in agreement with historical data. Pyrometallurgical slags related to zinc extraction in Upper Silesia, southern Poland, date back to the 19th century. Thus, there is a great variety of slag textures and compositions reflecting changes in technological processes ranging from the primitive Silesian method to more advanced techniques including calcination and precise dosages of coal/coke and add-ons. Slag samples were collected at three localities with known smelting histories: Piekary Śląskie, Katowice and Ruda Śląska. The analysed material is composed of high-temperature phases among which oxides, silicates and aluminosilicates dominate. The chemical composition ...
Party formation in Poland predictable, finds Tworzecki
Tworzeckis timing to explore the formation of political parties in Poland was good. In the fall of 1989, just as the communist regime in Poland was falling, he entered the graduate program at the University of Toronto. And, he was already familiar with Poland. In 1981 when he was 15 years old, he had emigrated with his parents from his hometown of Warsaw, Poland, to Canada shortly before military rule was instituted. It seemed like an amazing opportunity to do research when each new event was a historic landmark, he said of his dissertation topic ...
Buy Amphetamine 100% pure in Gdansk Poland Fast | Cache | troll.ws
Only here can buy a cache Amphetamine 100% pure in Gdansk Poland at affordable prices and with high quality. doingbodythatDumpsters.
Buy crystal methamphetamine powder in Gdansk Poland Quickly | Darknet | enterategente.com
Here can order via telegram bot crystal methamphetamine powder in Gdansk Poland at affordable prices and with high quality. thanstuffbeforebatting.
Dental Travel Poland Warsaw - Dentist in Warsaw - WhatClinic.com
Visit Dental Travel Poland Warsaw in Warsaw, Poland. Provides Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Implants and Dentures. See contact details, prices, reviews and more.
The socio-economic determinants of development of the Uscimow Commune in Poland - AgEcon Search
Social and economic transformations in Poland had as one of the consequences the fact that rural areas faced a number of difficulties and challenges. In connection with the political system transformation and Polands accession to the European Union, problems appeared, concerning mainly the issues of employment and the populations income sources. The issues become yet more significant in the areas of agricultural and farming traditions, i.e. in Lublin Province (Voivod-ship), where the percentages of rural population and of population employed in agriculture are high and exceed 50%. The backwardness of this region calls for profound reforms, in which well-educated inhabitants, aid funds or local leaders may become the stimulating factors. The paper presents the current condition and the directions of development of the key industry of the commune (gmina) of Uscimow. The paper deals with a number of problems which, in particular, include a difficult demographic situation, investments in agriculture and
Vienna House Andels Lodz in Lodz, Poland | Expedia
Located in Baluty, this spa hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Museum of the History of Lodz and Manufaktura. Piotrkowska Street and Museum of Cinematography are also within 3 mi (5 km). Lodz Fabryczna Station is 28 minutes by foot. - Book great deals at Vienna House Andels Lodz with Expedia.com - Check guest reviews, photos & cheap rates for Vienna House Andels Lodz in Lodz
Greater Poland - Wikitravel
Greater Poland (in Polish Wielkopolska) is a lake district in west-central Poland in the Voivodship (province) Wielkopolskie Voivodship.
A TIMES MEMORY: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Poland [two #poultry #outbreaks] (#OIE, Dec. 19 16)
Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Poland [two #poultry #outbreaks].. Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Poland.. Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).. Code: [ ]. _____. Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Poland. Information received on 19/12/2016 from Dr Krzysztof Jazdzewski, Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, General Veterinary Inspectorate, VARSOVIE, Poland. ...
Flag Counter » Poland
Polands history as a state began near the middle of the 10th century. By the mid-16th century, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth ruled a vast tract of land in Central and Eastern Europe. During the 18th century, internal disorders weakened the nation, and in a series of agreements between 1772 and 1795, Russia, Prussia, and Austria partitioned Poland among themselves. Poland regained its independence in 1918 only to be overrun by Germany and the Soviet Union in World War II. It became a Soviet satellite state following the war. Labor turmoil in 1980 led to the formation of the independent trade union Solidarity that over time became a political force with over 10 million members. Free elections in 1989 and 1990 won Solidarity control of the parliament and the presidency, bringing the communist era to a close. A shock therapy program during the early 1990s enabled the country to transform its economy into one of the most robust in Central Europe. Poland joined NATO in 1999 and the EU in ...
Poland Deaths | Moodys Analytics
Deaths for Poland from Central Statistical Office of Poland (GUS) for the Demographics - Sub-national - Semiannual release. This page provides forecast and historical data, charts, statistics, news and updates for Poland Deaths.
Employment in Poland 2005
Downloadable! This publication is a non-technical report prepared for Polish Ministry of Economy and Labor. The main goal is to present a comprehensive statistical and econometric analysis of employment, unemployment and participation in Poland in the period 1998-2004 and confront Polish experiences with international empirical and theoretical studies in labor economics. Also the qualitative survey of institutional background of labor market in Poland is conducted. We complement our research with some policy prescriptions. At the moment Poland exhibits the highest unemployment rate in OECD and one of the lowest employment and participation rates. We begin with a detailed analysis of the reasons of the rapid decrease of employment and increase of unemployment in 1998- 1999 and its later persistence. We find that the supply-side characteristics and sectoral structure of the economy significantly influenced the strength and the durability of the effects of the Russian crisis of 1998 and of the adverse
How Does Cancer Care In Poland Compare With The UK? - Expat Focus
In Poland, your family doctor will refer you to diagnostic testing if you present certain symptoms. A patient suspected of having cancer will receive a special treatment card that allows them to visit a specialist directly. After that visit, a joint consultation between oncologists and their personal or family doctor happens to create a treatment plan. The family doctor will then continue to monitor the patient during treatment.. Private options are available. For example, you can use hospitals that offer faster treatment or clinics with more comfortable amenities. However, you will need to have private insurance or be willing to pay out of pocket.. The OECD 2019 report on Polands healthcare system mentioned that the long waiting times for people seeking cancer treatment in public hospitals is an area that needs improving. That being said, the wait for treatment may be less in Poland than in the UK, and Poland is ahead of the curve when it comes to certain cancer treatments and plans. Its colon ...
The incidence of alpha-1-antitrypsin (A1AT) deficiency alleles in population of Central Poland — preliminary results from...
Inherited alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (A1ATD) is listed among the three most common genetic disorders in Caucasians. It considerably increases the risk of progressive obstructive lung diseases, mostly chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Data on the A1ATD prevalence in Poland are scarce, no studies with large enough groups representative for whole Polish population have been performed. Here, we present the preliminary data on the incidence of A1AT main deficiency alleles from the newborn screening in Mazovia (Central Poland) region. Real-time PCR genotyping and A1AT blood concentration measurement by nephelometry were performed from the dry blood spots (DBS) samples of 658 newborns. Deficiency alleles PI*Z i PI*S were present in 28 children, respectively in 2.8% and 1.5%. Their existence corresponded with significantly lower A1AT blood concentration. Estimated incidence of deficiency alleles was 13,7/1000 (95% CI 5.8-21.5) for PI∗Z and 7.6/1000 (95% CI 1.7- 13.5) for PI∗S. The ...
Nielson Poland Warsaw Mission Blog: Our plan to revise the English classes taught by our Missionaries progresses.....
2012 Jan 1 Bialystok/interviews Jan 2 Office training, New Office Elder (Tanner) Jan 2-3 Apartment inspections Warsaw ll Distr Mtg Jan 4 Office, Msn Presidency Mtgs, MTC departure changes 2012 Jan 5 Sisters in, Mini Transfer-Sisters Jan 6 Sisters departing (Allen, Bailey, Briggs) Jan 7 Distr Pres Mtgs Jan 8 Lublin, YSA Fireside Mission Home. Dabrowski transfer calls Jan 9 CitiBank Mtg Branch Pres cards Jan 10 Arriving missionaries Jan 11 Trainers/Trainees mtgs Jan 12 Transfers Jan 13 Departing Missionary(Leimer) Jan 13 Zone Leader Council. Siebert Jan 14Garwolin E.Jensen Msn Ex Sec Jan 15 Warsaw l Jan 16 office Jan 17-24 Mission Interviews Jan 17 Lodz Jan 18 Kielce, Krakow Jan 19 Katowice Jan 20 Wroclaw Jan 22 Poznan Conf. Klosowiak Jan 23 Bydgoszcz Jan 24 Bydgo/Torun/Warsaw JTM Jan 25 Office matters. Kennedy Jan 26 Temple Rec intvs Jan 28 Priesthood Conference Vienna Jan 31 Basha Roberts Feb 1 Msn Prs Mtg Feb 2 Zone Leader Council Feb 3 Mini Missions start Feb 4 Wroclaw Bapt. Feb 5 Wroclaw, ...
Nielson Poland Warsaw Mission Blog: Our GREAT MISSIONARIES in Provo
2012 Jan 1 Bialystok/interviews Jan 2 Office training, New Office Elder (Tanner) Jan 2-3 Apartment inspections Warsaw ll Distr Mtg Jan 4 Office, Msn Presidency Mtgs, MTC departure changes 2012 Jan 5 Sisters in, Mini Transfer-Sisters Jan 6 Sisters departing (Allen, Bailey, Briggs) Jan 7 Distr Pres Mtgs Jan 8 Lublin, YSA Fireside Mission Home. Dabrowski transfer calls Jan 9 CitiBank Mtg Branch Pres cards Jan 10 Arriving missionaries Jan 11 Trainers/Trainees mtgs Jan 12 Transfers Jan 13 Departing Missionary(Leimer) Jan 13 Zone Leader Council. Siebert Jan 14Garwolin E.Jensen Msn Ex Sec Jan 15 Warsaw l Jan 16 office Jan 17-24 Mission Interviews Jan 17 Lodz Jan 18 Kielce, Krakow Jan 19 Katowice Jan 20 Wroclaw Jan 22 Poznan Conf. Klosowiak Jan 23 Bydgoszcz Jan 24 Bydgo/Torun/Warsaw JTM Jan 25 Office matters. Kennedy Jan 26 Temple Rec intvs Jan 28 Priesthood Conference Vienna Jan 31 Basha Roberts Feb 1 Msn Prs Mtg Feb 2 Zone Leader Council Feb 3 Mini Missions start Feb 4 Wroclaw Bapt. Feb 5 Wroclaw, ...
Poland to acquire 24 Turkish-made combat drones - WAVY.com
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - Turkey and Poland have signed a deal for the sale of Turkish-made combat drones, making Poland the first NATO and European Union member country to purchase Turkeys Bayraktar TB2 unmanned aerial vehicles, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Monday.. The agreement was signed during Polish President Andrzej Dudas three-day visit to Turkey.. Under the deal, Poland is set to receive 24 armed drones, ground control stations and data terminals, Turkeys state-run Anadolu Agency reported. The first drone is expected to be delivered next year. We are one of the best countries regarding unmanned aerial vehicles, Erdogan said during a joint news conference. We feel great pleasure in sharing our experience, capability and potential with our NATO ally, Poland.. Erdogan said: With the document that was just signed, Turkey will, for the first time in its history, be exporting UAVs to a country that is a member of NATO and the EU.. Turkey previously sold drones to ...
Portugal 4 - 0 Poland | Football | The Guardian
92 min Poland have completely given up and Portugal are carving them open and looking like scoring every time they go forward. The Polish defence is unspeakably inept. Hugh Dallas takes pity on them and puts them and us out of their misery. The USA need a point against Poland to proceed to the second round and will fancy their chances. A win against South Korea will see Portugal through, and a point will do if the USA lose against Poland. The chances of that happening, on this showing, are nil. The Dog & Duck Sunday Morning Second XI would have trounced Poland tonight.
Elizabeth of Poland (1305-1380) | Encyclopedia.com
Elizabeth of Poland (1305-1380)Queen of Hungary. Name variations: Elizabeth Lokietek; Elizabeth of Hungary. Born in 1305 in Poland; died in 1380 in Hungary (some sources cite 1386); daughter of Elizabeth of Bosnia (d. 1339) and Ladislas I Lokietek (1260-1333), king of Poland (r. 1306-1333); married Charles Robert of Anjou (1288-1342) also known as Charles I, king of Hungary (r. Source for information on Elizabeth of Poland (1305-1380): Women in World History: A Biographical Encyclopedia dictionary.
The incidence of pulmonary tuberculosis among the homeless in north-eastern Poland - Open Medicine - Volume 8, Issue 2 (2013) -...
Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease particularly affecting the poorest socioeconomic groups. One such group in Central Europe are the homeless. We developed a prevention programme that targets, among others, homeless individuals in Warmia and Mazury Province (in the northeast of Poland). We investigated 121 homeless persons. We performed surveys, X-rays and microbiological tests of the sputum for TB. Five cases of pulmonary TB were found. The prevalence of TB in this community was estimated at 4132 per 100,000 (4.13%). Efficient TB control justifies continued prevention programmes aimed at the systematic monitoring of the homeless population ...
Most recent papers with the keyword Topectomy | Read by QxMD
In Poland, there were 176 cases of prefrontal leucotomy performed by Monizs method between 1947 and 1951. There were also several cases in which alternative psychosurgical techniques were used: prefrontal topectomy by Bilikiewicz and colleagues, and prefrontal topischemia by Ziemnowicz. This article analyses the following: publications by Choróbski, who performed lobotomy in Poland, and by Korzeniowski, who assessed its short-term results; a report by Bornsztajn, who reviewed general results of the method; and clinical research by Broszkiewicz and by Konieczyńska, who assessed Polish patients in terms of long-term results of lobotomy ...
The Sexuality of Adults with Intellectual Disability in Poland
Kijak R. Department of Special Pedagogy, Pedagogical Faculty, Pedagogical University in Cracow, Ingrarden Street 4, 30-060 Cracow, Poland. Sex Disabil. 2013 Jun;31(2):109-123.. Sexuality is one of the most important aspects of human life that relates to sex, ones identification, sexual role, sexual preferences, eroticism, pleasure and intimacy. It fulfils such functions as procreative, hedonistic and relationship-building as well as constitutes an integral part of humans personality. The sexuality of people with intellectual disability is a special case - both from medical, pedagogical, psychological and ethical point of view. Little available research shows that it may become a significant factor that modifies their psychological and sexual functioning. The basic poll involved altogether 133 people with mild intellectual disability. The work was carried out in 11 schools and special institutions of three provinces in Poland: kujawsko - pomorskie, wielkopolskie and dolnośląskie (provinces of ...
Compare Sleeve Gastrectomy Prices in Warsaw, Poland
Cheapest Sleeve Gastrectomy price in Warsaw, Poland is $6329. Average Sleeve Gastrectomy cost $6329, where prices can go as high as $6329. PlacidWay Medical Tourism provides cost comparison for Sleeve Gastrectomy, Obesity Bariatric Surgery Prices in Warsaw, Poland. Explore Sleeve Gastrectomy prices worldwide.
By VANESSA GERA. WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Poland is looking into demanding reparations from Germany for the massive losses inflicted on Poland during World War II, an official said Wednesday.. The Polish parliaments research office is preparing an analysis of whether Poland can legally make the claim and will have it ready by Aug. 11, said Arkadiusz Mularczyk, a lawmaker with the ruling Law and Justice party who requested the report.. The step comes after Jaroslaw Kaczynski, Polands most powerful politician, said the Polish government is preparing itself for a historical counteroffensive.. We are talking here about huge sums, and also about the fact that Germany for many years refused to take responsibility for World War II, Kaczynski, the leader of the conservative ruling party, told Radio Maryja last week.. The massive suffering inflicted on Poland has been a topic of public discussion as Poland marked the anniversary Tuesday of the start of the Warsaw Uprising of 1944. The doomed revolt ...
Publikacja - Concomitant occurrence of anthropogenic air pollutants, mineral dust and fungal spores during long-distance...
|p|Large-scale synoptic conditions are able to transport considerable amounts of airborne particles over entire continents by creating substantial air mass movement. This phenomenon is observed in Europe in relation to highly allergenic ragweed (Ambrosia L.) pollen grains that are transported from populations in Central Europe (mainly the Pannonian Plain and Balkans) to the North. The path taken by atmospheric ragweed pollen often passes through the highly industrialised mining region of Silesia in Southern Poland, considered to be one of the most polluted areas in the EU. It is hypothesized that chemical air pollutants released over Silesia could become mixed with biological material and be transported to less polluted regions further North. We analysed levels of air pollution during episodes of long-distance transport (LDT) of ragweed pollen to Poland. Results show that, concomitantly with pollen, the concentration of air pollutants with potential health-risk, i.e. SO|sub|2|/sub|, and PM|sub|10|/sub|,
Expression of NRP-1 and NRP-2 in Endometrial Cancer | Bentham Science
Title:Expression of NRP-1 and NRP-2 in Endometrial Cancer. VOLUME: 20 ISSUE: 3. Author(s):Marcin Oplawski*, Konrad Dziobek, Beniamin Grabarek, Nikola Zmarzły, Dariusz Dąbruś, Piotr Januszyk, Ryszard Brus, Barbara Tomala and Dariusz Boroń. Affiliation:Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics with Gynecologic Oncology, Ludwik Rydygier Memorial Specialized Hospital, Krakow, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics with Gynecologic Oncology, Ludwik Rydygier Memorial Specialized Hospital, Krakow, Department of Molecular Biology, School of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine in Sosnowiec, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, Katowice, Department of Molecular Biology, School of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine in Sosnowiec, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, Katowice, Faculty of Health Science, Public Higher Medical Professional School in Opole, Opole, Faculty of Health Science, Public Higher Medical Professional School in Opole, Opole, Department of ...
Sabinet | The construct validity of the revised job diagnostic survey
The Job Characteristics Model, the accompanying Job Diagnostic Survey (JDS) and the proposed steps for improving motivation, satisfaction and performance have been functionally utilized in South Africa as a revised job redesign practice to address some critical human resources problems currently facing managers and human resources practitioners. The aim of the study was to determine the construct validity of the Revised Job Diagnostic Survey (JDS) in the South African context. The Revised JDS was evaluated using item analysis and confirmatory factor analysis. The finding of this study is in favour of the Revised JDS as a reliable and factorially valid instrument for South African use. The promising results of this study should pave the way for further research and the search for more conclusive evidence on the construct validity of the Revised JDS in the South African context.
Codon 129 polymorphism of the PRNP gene in normal Polish population and in Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, and? the search for new...
Polymorphism at codon 129 of the prion protein gene (PRNP) is implicated both in susceptibility and phenotype of human prion diseases. We characterized the valine and methionine allele frequency at codon 129 in 109 individuals representing the normal Polish population and in 15 Polish CJD cases. The distribution of the genotype was 45% Met/Met, 39% Met/Val, and 16% Val/Val in the control group whereas, of the CJD cases, 73.3% were homozygous for methionine, 13.3% homozygous for valine and 13.3% were heterozygous. The novel missense mutation (ATGACG) at codon 232 was identified in one of the samples with a GSS phenotype ...
Poland syndrome - Stock Image C021/1675 - Science Photo Library
Arms of a child with Poland syndrome. The left arm (at right) is underdeveloped and significantly smaller. Poland syndrome is a congenital (present at birth) condition where the chest muscles on one side are absent or underdeveloped. There are often also arm and hand abnormalities on the same side of the body, such as underdevelopment, and fusion of the fingers. Poland syndrome is a rare condition that is thought to be caused by disruption to blood flow during embryonic development. It is more than twice as common in males as females. - Stock Image C021/1675
Poland Mobile Code - How to call a Poland cell phone from South Korea
The mobile country code resource guide gives you the Poland mobile code and shows you how to call a Poland cell phone from South Korea.
Poland Mobile Code - How to call a Poland cell phone from Egypt
The mobile country code resource guide gives you the Poland mobile code and shows you how to call a Poland cell phone from Egypt.
Newcastle Hospitals - Meet the team
I qualified in medicine from the Medical School, Jagiellonian University in Cracow in 1983.. Between 1988 and 2005 I have been employed in the Department of Radiology, University Childrens Hospital in Cracow where I have been trained in paediatric radiology. I have completed fellowship in paediatric radiology in Graz (Austria) in 1995.. In 2003 I was awarded the title of PhD by Jagiellonian University in Cracow, upon preparing a dissertation on the diagnostic value of ultrasound examinations in appendicitis in children.. In February 2005 I commenced my employment as locum consultant in the Department of Radiology in Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital Trust.. Since 2006 till now I continue my employment as Consultant Radiologist in the Radiology Department in the RVI.. My daily duties include conducting, interpreting and reporting imaging examinations of all modalities in children and young people. I am actively involved in the supervision, teaching and assessment of ...
An Association between Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms of Lys751Gln ERCC2 Gene and Ovarian Cancer in Polish Women
|i |Aim.|/i| The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of the Lys751Gln (rs13181) |i |ERCC2|/i| gene polymorphism in clinical parameters and the risk for development of ovarian cancer. |i |Material and Methods.|/i| The study consisted of 430 patients with ovarian cancer (mean age: 53.2 ± 10.11) and 430 healthy subjects (mean age: 50.31 ± 18.21). Analysis of the gene polymorphisms was performed using the PCR-based restriction fragment length polymorphism (PCR-RFLP). The odds ratios (ORs) and 95% confidence intervals (CIs) for each genotype and allele were calculated. |i |Results.|/i| The results obtained indicate that the genotype Gln/Gln is associated with an increased risk of ovarian cancer (OR 5.01; 95% CI 3.37–7.43; |svg xmlns:xlink=http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink xmlns=http://www.w3.org/2000/svg style=vertical-align:-3.42938pt id=M1 height=11.7782pt version=1.1 viewBox=-0.0498162 -8.34882 57.0529 11.7782 width=57.0529pt||g transform=matrix(.013,0
Lung Cancer treatments. Survival, toxicity, side effects. Biologic therapy. Chemotherapy. Poznan, Poland
Cancer Monthly. Lung Cancer treatments. Biologic therapy. Chemotherapy. Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland. Compare therapy differences, longest survival rates, toxicity, side effects, hospitals.
Poland hit by H5N8 bird flu outbreak on turkey farms - FluTrackers News and Information
Source: https://www.firstpost.com/world/poland-hit-by-bird-flu-outbreak-on-turkey-farms-7848721.html Poland hit by bird flu outbreak on turkey farms World Reuters Jan 02, 2020 02:12:19 IST WARSAW (Reuters) - Bird flu has been detected in turkeys in eastern Poland, authorities said on Wednesday, and local media reported that
Earthquakes in the world on September 12 , 2020 (M2.7 or more) - Mining earthquake in Lower Silesia, Poland - Page 101231570
People Alarm may approach panic. Steering of motorcars greatly affected. Structures : Low standard buildings heavily damaged, some collapse. ordinary workmanship buildings damaged, some with partial collapse. Reinforced masonry or concrete buildings damaged in some cases. A few instances of damage to buildings and bridges designed and built to resist earthquakes. Monuments and pre-1976 elevated tanks and factory stacks twisted or brought down. Some pre-1965 infill masonry panels damaged. A few post-1980 brick veneers damaged. Decayed timber piles of houses damaged. Houses not secured to foundations may move. Most unreinforced domestic chimneys damaged, some below roof-line, many brought down. Environment : Cracks appear on steep slopes and in wet ground. Small to moderate slides in roadside cuttings and unsupported excavations. Small water and sand ejections and localized lateral spreading adjacent to streams, canals, lakes, etc ...
From Dusk til Dawn
LOW FLYING SPRAYING REPORTS - POLAND - NOW PNEUMONIC PLAGUE SYMPTOMS THERE! 11/19/09 9:48AM. MORE LOW FLYING SPRAYING REPORTS - POLAND - NOW PNEUMONIC PLAGUE SYMPTOMS HERE!. The Flu case site has reports of LOW FLYING PLANES SPRAYING IN POLAND - NOW PEOPLE ARE IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM WITH PNEUMONIC PLAGUE SYMPTOMS!. Article:. Reports are coming in of people dying of symptoms similar to the pneunomic plague in an Emergency Room in Bialystok in the north east of Poland. A doctor reported treating three patients with symptoms similar to the pneumonic plague, including burned lungs. One the patients died in his arms. The doctor said that it appeared be a bacterial infection and that no antibiotics worked. He also thought it could be a more virulent strain of the swine flu.. The victims came from small villages close to Bialystok. Low flying aircraft were heard in the region a few nights ago. Cases similar to the pneumonic plague have also be reported in Lithuania, close to the Polish border and to ...
Cerebrovascular reactivity and cerebral perfusion of rats with acute liver failure: role of L-glutamine and asymmetric...
J Neurochem. 2018 Dec;147(5):692-704. doi: 10.1111/jnc.14578. Epub 2018 Nov 6.. Czarnecka A 1, Aleksandrowicz M 2, Jasiński K 3, Jaźwiec R 4, Kalita K 3, Hilgier W 1, Zielińska M 1.. Author information:. 1 Department of Neurotoxicology, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.. 2 Department of Neurosurgery, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.. 3 Department of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Kraków, Poland.. 4 Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.. Abstract:. Cerebral blood flow (CBF) is impaired in acute liver failure (ALF), however, the complexity of the underlying mechanisms has often led to inconclusive interpretations. Regulation of CBF depends at least partially on variations in the local brain L-arginine concentration and/or its metabolic rate. In ALF, other factors, like ...
Frontiers | Polish Translation and Validation of the Tinnitus Handicap Inventory and the Tinnitus Functional Index | Psychology
The need for validated measures enabling clinicians to classify tinnitus patients according to the severity of tinnitus and screen the progress of therapies in our country led us to the translation into Polish and the validation of two tinnitus questionnaires, namely the Tinnitus Handicap Inventory (THI) and the Tinnitus Functional Index (TFI). Design: The original English version of questionnaires were translated into Polish and translated back to English by three independent translators. These versions were then finalized by the authors into a Polish THI (THI-Pl) and a Polish TFI (TFI-Pl). Participants from three laryngological centers in Poland answered anonymously the THI-Pl (N=98) and the TFI-Pl (N=108) in addition to the Polish versions of the Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale (CES-D) as a measure of self-perceived level of depression, and the Satisfaction With Life Scale (SWLS) to assess self-perceived quality of life. Both were used to determine discriminant validity. Two Visual
Forum Polonia Houston » I am not casting my vote for the incumbent President of Poland
Zbigniew Wojciechowski. I am not casting my vote for the incumbent President of Poland. Next Sunday Poles will vote in a hybrid election to choose who will occupy the Presidential Palace in Warsaw for the next 5 years. There are two candidates left, the incumbent President Andrzej Duda and the challenger, present mayor of the capital of Poland Rafał Trzaskowski. Recent polls show a small advantage of the incumbent President but many believe all is possible.. Forum-polonia-houston.com the portal of the Houston Polonia included this past weekend the article by Ewa Thompson: How media coverage of Polish election shows the American medias incredible bias against conservatives which was published by the conservative online magazine americanthinker.com. I was not surprised by the narrative Ewa Thompson used in the article, it is widely used throughout the Law and Justice (PIS) propaganda outlets to promote President Andrzej Duda and discredit his opponent Rafał Trzaskowski. In almost 40 years I ...
Jan Tadeusz Masiel (Poland) - MEPs speak out on dementia - European Alzheimers Alliance - Policy - Alzheimer Europe
Jan Tadeusz Masiel: First of all, there is a lack of a national action plan for people who suffer from dementia in Poland. Government involvement in care for the sick as well as the prospects for a solution to the problem of care in the future are missing in my country. The growing number of older people potentially threatened by Alzheimers disease and other kinds of dementia requires that a national plan of assistance be put in place for this group of people.. In 2003 the Polish Association for the Care of People with Alzheimers disease gave abn overview of the situation of people with dementia in the Polish Senate and proposed the creation of a National Program to combat Alzheimers disease, but no action followed this meeting.. Another problem is that the sick do not have any privileges. Medicines are reimbursed by the government at 70% but only for the first stage of the disease. For the second and late stage of the disease in Poland, as in the rest of the world, the drug memantine is used ...
Projects - Molecular and Behavioral Ecology Group of the Jagiellonian University
2017-2020 Do antigen-processing genes coevolve with MHC class I genes in salamanders? 2016/23/B/NZ8/00738 Polish National Science Centre. 2012-2017 Pervasive adaptive introgression of genes evolving under balancing selection? 2012/04/A/NZ8/00662, Polish National Science Centre. 2011-2014 Divergence population genetics of the smooth and Carpathian newts, N N303 817140, Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education. 2007-2010 Polymorphism of the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) genes in the European bison Bison bonasus: mechanisms of retention and adaptive significance, N N304 2893 33, Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education. 2002-2004 Genetic differentiation and the routes of postglacial colonization of Europe by the moor frog (Rana arvalis Nilss.), 3 PO4C 010 23, Polish State Committee for Scientific Research. ...
Sniff.. Phew! WORLDS OLDEST CHEESE discovered in Poland • The Register
Ancient cheese-making technology has been discovered in Poland - proving Man was making proto-mozzarella approximately 8,000 years ago.. The find shows humans made cheese in the Neolithic Era, 3,000 years earlier than archaeologists previously thought.. Traces of the worlds oldest fromage were discovered by researchers from Bristol University, the University of Gdańsk and Princeton when they examined a Polish pot with holes in it. The results of their analysis appeared today in the journal Nature.. Mysterious perforated pottery fragments from a cattle herding site in Poland turned out to be part of an ancient cheese strainer. Traces of milk lipids on the pottery revealed its original use.. The academics poring over the Polish pottery had previously speculated that it was used as a fire cover or as a strain for honey or beer.. But an analysis of the residues on the pot at Bristol University conclusively proved that the chemicals were of milk derivatives. And speaking to modern cheese makers ...
Poland, Belarus & Ukraine Report: November 14, 2000
14 November 2000, Volume 2, Number 42POLAND WARSAW TO DISCUSS BYPASS PIPELINE WITH GAZPROM. Poland appears to have found a diplomatic formula for building a new gas pipeline from Russia to West...
Liposuction Wroclaw, Poland • Compare Prices & Check Reviews
Liposuction prices from 2811 zł - Enquire for a fast quote. Free consultation. Choose from 16 Liposuction Clinics in Wroclaw with 388 verified patient reviews ★ find the best one for you. Customer Service Award Winners 2019.
Kronos Quartet performs Harp and Altar at Sacrum Profanum Festival - Krakow, Poland - Missy Mazzoli
The Kronos Quartet perform Harp and Altar at the Sacrum Profanum Festival in Krakow, Poland. The program also features works by Bryce Dessner, Terry Riley, Geeshie Wiley, Alter Yechiel Karniol, Steve Reich, Clint Mansell, and Philip Glass. MORE INFO AND
Kumi Naidoo at Ceremony in Gdansk | Greenpeace Australia Pacific
Kumi Naidoo, Greenpeace International Executive Director, gives a speech during the Rainbow Warrior III keel laying ceremony on Maritime Shipyard in Gdansk. The ceremony marks the 25th anniversary of the bombing of the original Rainbow Warrior. 07/10/2010
Polish Medical Tourism Promotion Consortium- Gold Sponsor 6th WMT Congress - 11th World Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare...
The Polish Medical Tourism Promotion Consortiums activities are addressed to potential patients, insurance companies, governmental health departments, medical tourism providers, business organizations and trade associations, interested in bringing patients from USA, UK, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Russia to Poland.. Poland has globally renowned experts from all kinds of medical fields. It all starts with their medical schools having high standards and top-notch academic teachers training specialized doctors and nurses. Poland is known for short medical treatment wait periods several innovative treatments including: a non-invasive brain tumor treatment Gamma Knife, prostrate cancer treatment HIFU, VEDI (Vascular Erectile Dysfunction Intervention) and TAVR - a specialist treatment of a cardiac valve. All procedures performed in Poland are backed by international medical standards and are cheaper than most countries. Many medical procedures are even 80% cheaper than other facilities ...
Wrocław - Wikipedia
In August 1945, the city had a German population of 189,500, and a Polish population of 17,000. After World War II the region was placed under Polish administration by the Potsdam Agreement under territorial changes demanded by the Soviet Union. Almost all of the German inhabitants fled or were forcibly expelled between 1945 and 1949 and were settled in the Soviet occupation zone and Allied Occupation Zones in Germany. The citys last pre-war German school was closed in 1963. A small German minority (about 1,000 people) remains in the city. The Polish population was dramatically increased by the resettlement of Poles during postwar population transfers during the forced deportations from Polish lands annexed by the Soviet Union in the east region, many of whom came from Lviv (Lwów), Volhynia and Vilnius Region. Wrocław is now a unique European city of mixed heritage, with architecture influenced by Bohemian, Austrian and Prussian traditions, such as Silesian Gothic and its Baroque ...
Evidence that wildcats lived with humans in Poland 7,000 years ago - PoC
The study was carried out by scientists at Nicholas Copernicus University in Torun, Poland. The leader of the study, Magdalena Krajcarz, said that she was surprised to make the finding. They found the skeletal remains of the wildcats in four Polish caves considered to be early farming settlements.. In bringing the Near Eastern wildcat to Poland, the migrants introduced a different species of wildcat to that area where the resident wildcat was and still is the European species. It is speculated that they might have hybridised (mated).. This is probably in line with existing thinking namely that the early domesticated cats lived with farmers not in the way that domestic cats live with people today but as utilitarian animals in a rather loose relationship feeding on rodents. That said, there must have been some direct interaction between people and the cats. I would liken the relationship to todays community cats in the developing world. These cats dont have owners but live in the community and ...
Poland - Factors to Watch Nov 20 | Reuters
Following are news stories, press reports and events to watchthat may affect Polands financial markets on Monday. ALL TIMESGMT (Poland: GMT + 1 hour):DATAThe statistics office is due to publish industrial output,retail sales and producer price data for October at 1300 GMT.POLITICSPolish president Andrzej Duda told Dziennik Gazeta Prawna hewill not sign court reforms if changes introduced by the Law andJustice (PiS) party are unacceptable to him.UPCUPC Polska has offered the to sell Multimediaassets in four Polish towns to receive antimonopoly approval totake over the smaller cable operator, Parkiet daily said quotingunnamed sources.UPC Polska, controlled by telecommunication company LibertyGlobal agreed to buy Multimedia in October last yearfor an enterprise value of 3 billion zlotys.ENERGAPolands state-run utility Energa has started negotiationswith some of its partners over the long-term contracts it hadsigned to buy so-called green certificates, Parkiet daily said,quoting Energas lawyers.In
Agricultural and Forestry Machine Market in Poland to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
The industry report Agricultural and Forestry Machine Market in Poland to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date market data on the actual market situation, and future outlook for agricultural and forestry machines in Poland. The research includes historic market data from 2008 to 2014 and forecasts until 2019 which makes the report an invaluable resource for industry executives, marketing, sales and product managers, analysts, and other people looking for key industry data in readily accessible and clearly presented tables and graphs ...
1513 Medieval Poland, Lithuania, Sigismund I. AR half groschen - $37.00 | PicClick
1513 Medieval Poland, Lithuania, Sigismund I. AR half groschen - $37.00. 1513 Medieval Poland, Lithuania, Sigismund I. Silver half groschen coin. 20mm. (Item Pictured) Check out my other items! If you want to take advantage of the combined S&H discount do not send your payment until you receive an invoice for all your purchases. I will update the invoice automatically for up to 7 days. Payment is expected within 7 days. I will ship your item within 7 days of payment. Be sure to add me to your favorites list! ALL 400636765101
Poland appeals against EU directive on air pollution: report - Radio Poland
Poland has lodged an appeal to the EUs Court of Justice against a December bloc-wide directive to lower air pollution, the PAP news agency has reported.
6 Ways Poland Is Becoming Degenerate Like America - Roosh Valizadeh
Poland has been like this for a long time. This is NOT new.. I have known the entire EE region (FSU and otherwise) for over a decade now, and back in the 2000s it wasnt much different. This is the European Union. The carousel has been well and alive for years. In Bang Poland, he speaks for instance of a conveyor belt of one-night-stands. Try getting that in Russia. If a girl is truly conservative, she will NOT fuck you the same night you meet her, no matter what your game looks like. Try using the power of non-judgement, when the girl TRULY sees there is no judgement, you are the transient lover with the same world-view as her, she tells you everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, after sex.. When you really learn about the values of a country are in these post-sex non-judgement conversations. My conclusion is that the place is NO different from any other Western European country in mentality (at least girls who are young and still on the carousel, not the post-carousel reformed sluts who are ...
China Industry Analyzer: Survey Report on Private Healthcare Market in Poland 2014-2018 is available at ResearchMoz
Private healthcare market in Poland 2014, development forecasts for 2014-2018 is a must-have resource for professionals engaged in the private health insurance sector in Poland and in the provision of medical services in the private sector. It is also incredibly useful to interested parties operating in the research, consulting, governmental and financial services arenas and integral to tasks such as market entry and expansion, strategic planning and assessing the possibilities for further market growth ...
Is there such a thing as vegetarian food in Poland? *
Is there such a thing as vegetarian food in Poland? An infographic of the popular regional dishes in Poland on the Lylia Rose UK lifestyle blog
Poland | Front Line Defenders
Human rights defenders (HRDs) in Poland work for the protection and promotion of variety specific issues of political, civil, economic, social and cultural rights. However, the most problematic issues are the following: police misconduct, corruption, inefficiency and lack of the independence of the judiciary, laws that restrict freedom of speech and assembly, violations of workers rights, discrimination against women, societal discrimination and violence against ethnic minorities, gays, lesbians, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI).. Although Poland is one of the 127 UN member states who voted for the adoption of the resolution on the protection of the HRDs during the 70th UN General Assembly, the states constitutional guarantees for respect of international human rights law, as well as the conditions for work of HRDs have been significantly threatened with the introduction of several restrictive legislative changes since Autumn 2015. Some of the changes, such as the law on assemblies amended in ...
Middle Europe - Austria; Belgium; Czech Republic; Germany; Hungary; Netherlands; Poland; Slovakia; Switzerland. East Europe - ...
Poland. 16 January 2018. Archived from the original on 3 May 2020. Retrieved 23 January 2018. Gage, Jeff (24 January 2018). " ... "The Inauguration of the Polish Presidency of the EU Council" (Press release). Poland: Culture.pl. Adam Mickiewicz Institute. n. ... Biweekly, John (27 May 2011). Agnieszka Słodownik (ed.). "Big Inauguration". Biweekly (20). Poland. Retrieved 16 May 2020. ... Poland. At this point in her career, to keep up with her bookings, negotiations and finances, O'Riordan began to be managed by ...
Cold War (1947-1953)
In the non-USSR annexed portion of Poland, less than a third of Poland's population voted in favor of massive communist land ... "Poland." Encyclopædia Britannica. 2007. Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Retrieved on 7 April 2007 Resis, Albert (1978). "The ... 96-100 Curp, David, A Clean Sweep?: The Politics of Ethnic Cleansing in Western Poland, 1945-1960, Boydell & Brewer, 2006, ISBN ... Fraudulent Polish elections held in January 1947 resulted in Poland's official transformation to the People's Republic of ...
History of Gdańsk
The strategic aim of Poland was to gain free access to the open sea, and the territories assigned to Poland in the Treaty of ... History of Poland. PWN. Warsaw, 1979. ISBN 83-01-00392-8 Halecki, Oscar. A History of Poland. Roy Publishers. New York, 1976. ... During the First Partition of Poland in 1772, the inhabitants of Danzig fought fiercely for it to remain a part of Poland, ... Timeline of Gdańsk Historical affiliations Kingdom of Poland 997-1227 Duchy of Pomerelia 1227-1282 Kingdom of Poland 1282-1308 ...
"Poland's rock star-politician: What happened to Paweł Kukiz?". "Kukiz na lewackim kursie". "Kukiz: narodził się ruch, który ... Kukiz'15 is a political party in Poland led by punk rock musician turned politician Paweł Kukiz. Initially it was a loose and ... Kukiz's primary issue during the election was the replacement of Poland's proportional representation electoral system with ... Napieralski, Bartosz (2017). Political Catholicism and Euroscepticism: The Deviant Case of Poland in Comparative Perspective. ...
Timeline of Kraków
"Poland". Art Spaces Directory. New York: New Museum. Retrieved 30 April 2015. Ring 1995. United Nations Department of Economic ... "Poland". Statesman's Year-Book. London: Macmillan and Co. 1921. hdl:2027/njp.32101072368440 - via Hathi Trust. Vernon N. ... "Garden Search: Poland". London: Botanic Gardens Conservation International. Retrieved 30 April 2015. Leon E. Seltzer, ed. (1952 ... The following is a timeline of the history of the city of Kraków, Poland. 1000 - Catholic diocese of Kraków established. 1044 ...
Poland. Jewish Virtual Library. Retrieved on 2011-06-15. Remer, Gary, Humanism and the Rhetoric of Toleration (University Park ... In Poland in 1264, the Statute of Kalisz was issued, guaranteeing freedom of religion for the Jews in the country. In 1348, ...
Sambucus racemosa subsp. racemosa
Poland; Romania; Spain; Switzerland; the United States, and the present day states of former Yugoslavia. This particular ...
List of Lutheran denominations
"Poland". Lutheran World Federation. Retrieved February 2, 2018. "History". The Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in ... Poland. Retrieved February 2, 2018. "Republic of the Congo". Lutheran World Federation. Retrieved February 2, 2018. "Romania". ...
Poland. 240 pp. with 77 photos, 27 line drawings, 3 maps, & 3 tables, 8vo, cloth. New York, Praeger, 1965. Ancient People and ... Poland". Current Anthropology. 20 (2): 400-401. doi:10.1086/202283. JSTOR 2741943. S2CID 144146552. Bio (in Polish) http://www. ...
Polish census of 1921
Due to war, not all of interwar Poland was enumerated. Upper Silesia was formally assigned to Poland by the League of Nations ... The Polish census of 1921 or First General Census in Poland (Polish: Pierwszy Powszechny Spis Ludności) was the first census in ... Bureau of the Census (1948). Poland. Census of 1921. National censuses and vital statistics in Europe, 1918-1939: an annotated ... Population of Poland according to religious denominations and nationality [Ludność według wyznania religijnego i narodowości] ( ...
LGBT rights in Europe
Poland regained its independence in 1918 and abandoned the laws of the occupying powers. In 1932, Poland codified the equal age ... "Poland". Archived from the original on 29 July 2010. Retrieved 20 July 2010. "A Brief History of Gay Poland". Globalgayz.com. ... Since the foundation of Poland in 966, Polish law has never defined homosexuality as a crime. Forty years after Poland lost its ... In contrast, after Poland regained independence after World War I, it went on in 1932 to become the second country in 20th- ...
"Citi , Europe, Middle East & Africa , Poland". citigroup.com. Retrieved 8 February 2019. "Citi , Latin America , Argentina". ... Poland, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. The cutting implies that Citi will operate its consumer banking business in only ...
Joseph Machlis states, "Poland's struggle for freedom from tsarist rule aroused the national poet in Poland. ... Examples of ... At around the same time, Poland's struggle for freedom from Czarist Russia produced a nationalist spirit in the piano works and ... ISBN 80-86791-18-1. Poland". Murphy, Michael. 2001. "Moniuszko and Musical Nationalism". In Musical Constructions of ... who also became Prime Minister of the newly independent Poland in 1919. He wrote several pieces inspired by Polish folk music, ...
... Poland SP.z.o.o. (Poland), OOO TEDOM-RU (Russia), TEDOM USA Inc. (USA). In 2018 the TTCogen joint venture was terminated ... TEDOM Poland sp.z.o.o.; Poland; share ratio: 100% TEDOM-RU; Russia; share ratio: 100% TEDOM USA Inc; USA; share ratio: 100% ...
March of the Living Digital Archive Project
A Holocaust Journey to Poland with Man's Best Friend This documentary follows six blind Israelis traveling to Poland with the ... Poland. 17 January 2015. Maltz, Judy (17 July 2013). "At the Maccabiah, an Elderly Polish Woman Reunites With the Holocaust ... Since 1988, Holocaust survivors have traveled to Poland with young students on the March of the Living to share their Holocaust ... Sidney Zoltak (4 June 2014). Montreal man reunites with Polish rescuer who saved him from Nazis (video). Poland. Csillag, Ron ( ...
Poland; Qatar; Russia; Saudi Arabia; South Africa; Singapore; Sweden; Switzerland; UAE; UK; USA. Rheinmetall has further ...
"Men's EHF Euro 2016 Poland. Poland". European Handball Federation. Retrieved 24 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter ...
List of rugby union playing countries
"Poland". IRB. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011. Retrieved 25 September 2011. "Portugal". IRB. Archived from the ...
1998 Men's Hockey World Cup squads
"Poland". tms.fih.ch. International Hockey Federation. Retrieved 24 October 2018. "Spain". tms.fih.ch. International Hockey ... Alam Naveed Sohail Abbas Atif Bashir Muhammad Nadeem The following players were named for the Poland team. Pawel Sobczak (GK) ...
Poland; introduced 1959; number built: 842. These trams were used in Poland from 1959 to their retirement in 2012. Several ... Czechoslovakia, Poland, Russia; introduced 1951; number built: 287. Czechoslovakia, Russia, Ukraine; introduced 1955; number ...
In French Canada following the Conquest, much like in Ireland or Poland under foreign rule, the Catholic Church was the sole ... 118-134, (subscription required) - An Open Issue of Legitimacy: The State and the Church in Poland harvnb error: no target: ... Poland; Romania; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; Tajikistan; Turkmenistan; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; Yemen, or more ...
List of communities using the Tridentine Mass
Poland , Switzerland , United Kingdom , United States) Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest (Houses in: England , ... Poland , Uganda , United States) Exclusively Extraordinary Form Mass For religious institutes affiliated with the Society of ... Poland , Portugal) Contemplative Sisters of the Immaculate (Houses in: Imperia and Perugia, Italy , Cebu, Philippines) ...
"USHERING IN POLAND'S REAGAN DEMOCRATS". sfppr.org. Selous Foundation for Public Policy Research. Retrieved 3 December 2020. " ... In 2008, his blog was the most popular political blog in Poland. He frequently refers to such figures as Frédéric Bastiat, ... "PiS sit top after election results". New Poland Express. 16 May 2015. Archived from the original on 29 May 2015. Retrieved 29 ... Soguel, Dominique (9 Oct 2019). "When the right wing is still 'too socialist': Poland's far-right unites". The Christian ...
Wavemaker (media agency)
Poland; the Middle East; Singapore; and Germany. In November 2016, MEC announced a new global CEO, naming Tim Castree former ...
A guide to museums and collections in Poland] (in Polish). Interpress. p. 148. ISBN 83-223-1936-3. Bedford, Neal (2008). Poland ... The works became state property of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland according to the will of Sigismund II Augustus. The first ... In 1795, after the Third Partition of Poland, the tapestries along with other goods plundered from the royal residencies, were ... Evacuation of Polish National Treasures during World War II (in Polish) National Heritage Board of Poland Archived 2012-01-29 ...
"Men's EHF Euro 2016 Poland. Poland". European Handball Federation. Retrieved 24 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter ...
Poland)". Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae. 55 (3): 343-359. doi:10.5586/asbp.1986.032. ISSN 2083-9480. Dapporto, Leonardo ...
Arthur Ernest Guedel
Poland. 40 (3): 192-4. ISSN 0209-1712. PMID 19469123. Baskett, Thomas F (Oct 2004). "Arthur Guedel and the oropharyngeal airway ...
Both of the videos are also being rotated on VH1 in Brazil, VIVA TV in Germany and Poland, A-One, Music Box, BRIDGE TV in ... Also the project rotated on VH1 in Brazil, VIVA TV in Germany and Poland. In 2013, the project received the club's Golden ... Poland; Israel; South Africa; Brazil; Australia; South Korea. ...
Poland - Wikipedia
"Poland in NATO - more than 20 years - Ministry of National Defence - Gov.pl website". "Poland in the EU - Poland in the EU - ... "Poland" . Encyclopædia Britannica. 32 (12th ed.). 1922. Poland at Curlie Wikimedia Atlas of Poland Geographic data related to ... "Poland: fertility rate 1800-2020". Statista. "Poland Demographics Profile 2019". www.indexmundi.com. "Poland Death Rate 1950- ... The 5 largest companies supplying Poland electricity are PGE, Tauron, Enea, Energa and Innogy Poland. Transport in Poland is ...
Poland - OECD
OECD LEED Forum on Partnerships and Local Governance: Poland This site contains a list of key references on Poland. The ... OECD Territorial Reviews: Poland This report explores the various challenges and opportunities for Polish regional development ... Sweden and Poland.For each country, the research provides an overview of the changes in the trade union movement, not only as ...
Poland - OECD
Financing innovative business investment in Poland Polands productivity has grown strongly over the past two decades. However ... Poland: Preparing for euro adoption The paper focuses on the major structural reforms necessary to prepare for euro adoption ... Drawing from the experiences of five economies (Peoples Republic of China, India, New Zealand, Poland and Turkey), the book ...
Chude, Poland - Wikipedia
Poland | Европейска комисия
Economic forecast for Poland Economic forecast for Poland. The Commission publishes macroeconomic forecasts for the EU and its ... Europe 2020 targets: statistics and indicators for Poland Europe 2020 targets: statistics and indicators for Poland. Eurostat ... European Semester documents for Poland European Semester documents for Poland. Country reports - National plans - Assessment of ...
Agenda 21 - Poland
Poland-Czech Republic, Poland-Slovak Republic, and tripartite relations (Poland, Slovak Republic, and Ukraine). A very ... In Poland, the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea was signed in 1982; the ratification is under preparation. Poland has also ... Poland is one of the leading countries of the Pan-European Process. Since 1990, Poland has been a member of a Coordinate ... In 1993, Poland reduced emission by 33.5% compared to the base year, 1980. The Second Sulphur Protocol was signed by Poland in ...
Poland - HISTORY
Germans invade Poland. At 4:45 a.m., some 1.5 million German troops invade Poland all along its 1,750-mile border with German- ... Why Poland Punishes Those Who Accuse It of the Holocaust. Auschwitz. Treblinka. The Warsaw Ghetto. During World War II, Poland ... Why Poland Wants Germany to Pay Billions for World War II. If youd visited Warsaw in 1945, you might not have recognized it as ... In Poland, the Warsaw Ghetto uprising comes to an end as Nazi soldiers gain control of Warsaws Jewish ghetto, blowing up the ...
Poland | Hosted
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - A zoo in Poland says its the first to have captured on video the birth of a rare Philippine mouse-deer, ... WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Polands prime minister on Friday said he had confirmed to German Chancellor Angela Merkel that Warsaw is ... WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Karolina Micula had used her bare chest in political protest once before. When Polands right-wing ... WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Poland and Hungary have declared openness to new proposals from the European Union regarding the blocs ...
IEA - Poland
IEA - Poland
Italy-Poland relations - Wikipedia
Italy strongly supported Polands efforts to join NATO and the European Union, which Poland eventually joined in 1999 and ... Italy-Poland relations are cultural and political relations between Italy and Poland. The strong historical ties between both ... Italy supported Poland in the Polish-Soviet War of 1919-1921, and sold large amounts of weapons to Poland, including millions ... Poland has an embassy in Rome, a general consulate in Milan, and eight honorary consulates (in Ancona, Bologna, Genoa, ...
Poland Intercountry Adoption Information
5. Adopt the Child in Poland. Remember: Before you adopt a child in Poland, you must have completed the above four steps. Only ... U.S. Embassy in Poland. IV Unit/Adoptions. 29/31 Aleje Ujazdowskie. 00-540 Warsaw, Poland. Tel: +48 (22) 504-2510. Fax: +48 (22 ... Polands Authorized Adoption Center. Catholic Adoption Center. 5 Ratuszowa Street. 03-461 Warsaw, Poland. Tel: +48 (22) 818- ... Because Poland is party to the Hague Adoption Convention, children from Poland must meet the requirements of the Convention in ...
May Coup (Poland) - Wikipedia
... fundamentally abandoning Poland) and with the Soviet Union in April 1926, to which Polands representatives had not been ... The May Coup (Polish: przewrót majowy or zamach majowy) was a coup détat carried out in Poland by Marshal Józef Piłsudski ... Norman Davies (1982). Gods playground: a history of Poland. The origins to 1795. Columbia University Press. p. 422. ISBN 978-0 ... Peter D. Stachura (2004). Poland, 1918-1945: An Interpretive and Documentary History of the Second Republic. Psychology Press. ...
Courtly Lives - Kowalewo, Poland
Poland, An Illustrated History. New York: Hippocrene Books, Inc., 2000.. Prazmowska, Anita Z. A History of Poland. London: ... Kazimierz Sypniewski of Kowalewo, Poland. Written and researched by Margaret Odrowaz-Sypniewski© 1998.. Kazimierz is a slavic ... Poland was left with more wealth and security than ever before.. In the Union of Krewo, The Grand Duke of Lithuania committed ... Poland was not happy with Wenceslas.. Sigmund of Hungary (1387-1437), of the House of Luxemburg, and the Order made a pact. For ...
Poland Spring Water - YouTube
Poland Spring® Brand 100% Natural Spring Water offers various bottled water types including sparkling water in various flavors ... From the Heart of Maine , Poland Spring Play all * 0:31 Poland Spring® Brand , My Journey - Duration: 31 seconds.. Poland ... Poland Spring® Brand , My Journey 11,900 views 7 months ago From the heart of Maine, we bring you Poland Spring Brand 100% ... Run New York , Poland Spring Brand 100% Natural Spring Water - Duration: 81 seconds.. Poland Spring Water ...
Suwałki | Poland | Britannica
... extreme northeastern Poland. First chronicled as a village having a hermitage of the Camaldolese monks (1682-90), Suwałki ... Poland. Poland. , country of central Europe. Poland is located at a geographic crossroads that links the forested lands of ... province), northeastern Poland. It is bordered by Lithuania to the north and Belarus to the east, as well as by the Polish ... In 1940 it became the site of a Nazi concentration camp and headquarters for the German Gestapo in eastern Poland. After World ...
Chorzów | Poland | Britannica
... southern Poland. It is located in the centre of the Upper Silesian Basin, an industrial and mining region. Chorzów existed as ... Poland. Poland. , country of central Europe. Poland is located at a geographic crossroads that links the forested lands of ... province), southern Poland. It is bordered by the provinces of Łódzkie to the north, Świętokrzyskie to the northeast, ... Chorzów, city, Śląskie województwo (province), southern Poland. It is located in the centre of the Upper Silesian Basin, an ...
Poland Languages • FamilySearch
Because the Roman Catholic Church was the predominant religion in Poland, many records are in Latin. Other languages in Polish ... POLAND - LANGUAGE AND LANGUAGES Key Words[edit , edit source]. To find and use specific types of Polish records, you will need ... Shea, Jonathan D. Russian Language Documents from Russian Poland: a Translation Manual for Genealogists. 2nd ed. Buffalo Grove ... In Russian Poland, Polish was the official language for vital records from 1808 to 1868. From 1868 to 1917, Russian was the ...
Dance in Poland - LA Times
Download Firmware - Citrix Poland
Poland syndrome: MedlinePlus Genetics
Poland syndrome is a disorder in which affected individuals are born with missing or underdeveloped muscles on one side of the ... Rare cases of Poland syndrome are thought to be caused by a genetic change that can be passed down in families, but no related ... Most cases of Poland syndrome are sporadic, which means they are not inherited and occur in people with no history of the ... Poland syndrome is a disorder in which affected individuals are born with missing or underdeveloped muscles on one side of the ...
Nature in Poland | IUCN
Polands biodiversity is among the richest in Europe. Its transitional climate which is influenced by oceanic and continental ... Nature in Poland. Thu, 18 Apr 2013 Polands biodiversity is among the richest in Europe. Its transitional climate which is ... Creation of a new national park in a beautiful and naturally rich area of Poland at the border with the Ukraine - supported by ... There is a very good level of knowledge about the biodiversity of Poland. It is estimated that the number of species in the ...
Poland: Pension Crisis Looms
Aleksandra Junko may have been at one time Polands youngest pensioner. Heart problems forced her to leave her job as a ... In Poland, for example, the average old-age pensioner gets 74 percent of the average wage -- compared to a ratio closer to 30 ... Poland not only has the worlds youngest retirees -- average age 59 for men and 54 for women -- but it also has, proportionally ... Poland and other countries in transition from Communism to the market economy are saddled with pension schemes that are far ...
Stacey Poland : USDA ARS
NXTWAW (Warsaw, Poland) | Meetup
Practical info Warsaw, Poland
Poland Compiled Genealogies • FamilySearch
POLAND, (COUNTY) - GENEALOGY HANDBOOKS, MANUALS, ETC. Genealogical Collections and Family Histories. [Kolekcje Genealogiczne][ ... POLAND, (COUNTY), (TOWN) - GENEALOGY If you find your surname in any of the sources described in this section, determine ... The catalog also lists books about how to do genealogical research in Poland. Examples are: Gnacinski, Jan and Len,Polish and ... The index for Poland has names extracted from parish registers by volunteers (mostly from places formerly under Germany) and ...
Poland - The World Factbook
Poland joined NATO in 1999; Czechia, Hungary, and Poland were invited to begin accession talks at NATOs Madrid Summit in 1997 ... Since 1990, Poland has pursued a policy of economic liberalization. During the 2008-09 economic slowdown Poland was the only EU ... note: Poland contributes troops to the Lithuania, Poland, and Ukraine joint military brigade (LITPOLUKRBRIG), which was ... conventional long form: Republic of Poland. conventional short form: Poland. local long form: Rzeczpospolita Polska. local ...
Road Safety in Poland
Poland has the highest death rate for traffic accidents in the European Union, with 110 death per million persons per year ... making Poland one of the worst performing road safety countries in the EU. Although Poland was able to reduce the number of ... A key result of this collaboration is the recently published Country Report on Poland: Road Safety Management Capacity Review, ... Poland has one of the highest death rates for traffic accidents in the European Union, with 93 deaths per million persons per ...
Germany invades Poland - HISTORY
German forces bombard Poland on land and from the air, as Adolf Hitler seeks to regain lost territory and ultimately rule ... Germans invade Poland. At 4:45 a.m., some 1.5 million German troops invade Poland all along its 1,750-mile border with German- ... On this day in 1939, German forces bombard Poland on land and from the air, as Adolf Hitler seeks to regain lost territory and ... The German invasion of Poland was a primer on how Hitler intended to wage war-what would become the "blitzkrieg" strategy. This ...
Warsaw2020Poland'sAustrian and Prussian PolandRepublic of PolPolishEurope's1939West PomeranianGerman invasiCountry20191918PrussiaNaziLesser PolandKrakowCommunismKingdom of PolPoles1999InvadeVistulaGenealogical sourcesFindCatalogEuropean Union'sTransitionsGeographyVetoInefficient1989Country'sPeopleEuropeYearLocationTravelNATOBasinBRUSSELSPlaceEconomicLocalOECD14th16thTurkeyGdańskRepresentativeGermany
- Please find attached the issues paper and draft agenda of the conference on Decentralisation of Employment Policy and New Forms of Governance: Tackling the Challenge of Accountability, Warsaw, Poland, 27-28 March 2003. (oecd.org)
- WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Karolina Micula had used her bare chest in political protest once before. (ap.org)
- WARSAW, Poland (AP) - A zoo in Poland says it's the first to have captured on video the birth of a rare Philippine mouse-deer, and everyone's hoping it's a male so it can help the endangered species breed. (ap.org)
- WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Poland and Hungary have declared openness to new proposals from the European Union regarding the bloc's next budget and major coronavirus pandemic aid package that they are threatening to veto because it draws a link between bloc funding and members' adherence to democratic. (ap.org)
- WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Police blocked protesters from marching in Poland's capital as demonstrations took place across the country against an attempt to restrict abortion rights and recent police violence. (ap.org)
- WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Poland's prime minister on Friday said he had confirmed to German Chancellor Angela Merkel that Warsaw is ready to block the EU's huge budget and recovery package because it's linked to democratic standards in member states. (ap.org)
- Bernardo Bellotto , known in Poland and Germany as Canaletto (1697-1768), was a Venetian painter who painted 26 views of Warsaw, which were used in rebuilding the city after its nearly-complete destruction by German troops during World War II . (wikipedia.org)
- Kraków (also spelled Cracow ), the former capital of Poland, is located 180 miles south of the present capital of Warsaw. (sacred-destinations.com)
- WARSAW/BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Poland is poised to wield its veto on Friday at a Brussels meeting seeking accord on how to shift to a low carbon economy by 2050 and has written to fellow EU environment ministers, urging them to share its views. (reuters.com)
- Zbigniew Karaczun from Warsaw Agricultural University's Department of Environmental Protection, who signed the letter as the Climate Coalition's expert advisor, told Reuters Poland was risking isolation. (reuters.com)
- The roof ot the national stadium in Warsaw remained open on Tuesday as heavy rain put pay to any hopes of England's World Cup qualifier against Poland taking place at the first time of asking. (cnn.com)
- WARSAW (Reuters) - The plane carrying Russia's defense minister, Sergei Shoigu, changed its status back to civilian and was permitted to fly over Poland, Poland's Ministry of Defense said. (yahoo.com)
- (CNN) -- Before its occupation by Nazi Germany in 1939, Poland was home to Europe's largest Jewish community, and its capital Warsaw was the continent's largest Jewish city. (cnn.com)
- These groups continue to play a leading role in supporting all aspects of Jewish life in Poland, from the internationally known Krakow Jewish Culture Festival, to the construction of the Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw . (cnn.com)
- During the years 1971-1975, Poland signed a series of new, often long-term agreements with the USSR that committed Warsaw to a series of joint projects through 1990. (csmonitor.com)
- That year Soviet Prime Minister Alexei Kosygin visited Warsaw, sharply remonstrated against the alleged ''sabotage'' of the 1970 agreement by Poland, and threatened Soviet reprisals. (csmonitor.com)
- For instance, the completion of a decent road between Berlin and Warsaw can substantially boost productivity in Poland, noted economist Ryszard Petru. (marketwatch.com)
- Announcing the pact Thursday, Greater Union said the partnership initially will buy 75% of the shares in the Femina cinema in Warsaw, which it described as the only quality multiplex in Poland. (variety.com)
- To help bolster these commitments, key stakeholders in Poland are now taking renewed action aimed at reducing the death toll and injury rate in the country - targeting a 50% reduction in traffic-related fatalities and a 40% reduction in injuries by 2020. (worldbank.org)
- As part of this effort, Poland, with support from the World Bank, has developed the National Road Safety Program for 2013-2020 - designed to increase road safety mechanisms around the country and help Poland further contribute to the EU goal of halving the number of road deaths by 2020. (worldbank.org)
- Although Roman Catholicism is Poland's official religion, non-Catholic prospective adoptive parents are permitted to adopt a child in Poland. (state.gov)
- The events were partly inspired by the need for extraordinary measures in the face of newly emerging threats to the stability of Poland's independence by Piłsudski's own assessment of the foreign treaties signed by Weimar Germany with France in 1925 (fundamentally abandoning Poland) and with the Soviet Union in April 1926 , to which Poland's representatives had not been invited. (wikipedia.org)
- Poland's Kamil Glick headed Poland level with 19 minutes remaining after an uncharacteristic error by England goalkeeper Joe Hart. (cnn.com)
- The problem is that a lot of this energy comes from Russia, a neighbor that has been Poland's traditional enemy for centuries but now provides two-thirds of the 14 billion cubic meters of gas Poland uses each year. (ibtimes.com)
- The situation in post-war Poland remained bleak for Poland's Jewish survivors, with many forced underground or abroad. (cnn.com)
- There remains much to be done to ensure that Poland's 800-year-old Jewish community survives -- In 1939 there was an estimated 3.5 million Jews living in Poland, compared to around 50,000 in 2008 -- but the fact that it survives at all reflects the progress the country has made since 1989. (cnn.com)
- There is no doubt that Poland's workers have a legitimate cause in their attack on the corruption polluting the whole way of life in Poland and on the party officials, from top to bottom, who enjoy lavish perquisites at the expense of the proletariat they are supposed to serve. (csmonitor.com)
Austrian and Prussian Poland2
- Further uprisings ensued, such as the 29 November uprising of 1830-1831 (mainly in Russian Poland), the 1848 Revolution (mostly in Austrian and Prussian Poland), and 22 Jan 1863. (wikitravel.org)
- The 29 November uprising of 1830-1831 (mainly in Russian Poland), the 1848 Revolution (combat mostly took place in Austrian and Prussian Poland) and the 22 January 1863 were clear indicators that Poland showed very little tolerance of subjugation to any of these three equally autocratic powers. (wikitravel.org)
Republic of Pol4
- 20 Poland (Polish: Polska [ˈpɔlska] (listen)), officially the Republic of Poland (Polish: Rzeczpospolita Polska [ʐɛt͡ʂpɔˈspɔlita ˈpɔlska] (listen)), is a country located in Central Europe. (wikipedia.org)
- Poland, officially the Republic of Poland, is a country located in Central Europe. (yahoo.com)
- After 1569, also, the designation "Republic of Poland" became customary to denote not any definite polity, but a league of states ( Lithuania and Crown Poland). (catholic.com)
- Listed below are items related to Republic of Poland. (imf.org)
- The establishment of Polish statehood can be traced to 966, when the pagan ruler of a realm coextensive with the territory of present-day Poland embraced Christianity and converted to Catholicism. (wikipedia.org)
- During World War II, Poland became the epicenter of the Nazis' crimes-but soon, implying that those crimes were committed by the Polish state will itself be a crime. (history.com)
- Mickiewicz's Legion was a military unit formed in 1848 in Rome by one of the most notable Polish poets, Adam Mickiewicz , who took part in the liberation of Italy after the failure of the Greater Poland Uprising of 1848 . (wikipedia.org)
- In Russian Poland, Polish was the official language for vital records from 1808 to 1868. (familysearch.org)
- In German Poland, most records were kept in German or Latin , though some were kept in Polish. (familysearch.org)
- Read the Country Focus on Poland to learn about Polish nature and conservation action. (iucn.org)
- Paul Knotter, World Bank representative in Poland, told an RFE/RL correspondent that reform of the social security system is the most important economic issue facing the Polish government. (rferl.org)
- Additional genealogical sources for Polish nobility are described in Poland Nobility . (familysearch.org)
- Unpublished family histories, usually of Polish nobility and their descendants, are sometimes in the possession of private individuals in Poland. (familysearch.org)
- The first cities in today's Poland, Kalisz and Elbląg on the Amber Trail to the Baltic Sea, were mentioned by Roman writers in the first century AD, but the first Polish settlement in Biskupin dates even further back to the 7th century BC. (wikitravel.org)
- Germany attacked Poland on 1 Sep 1939, and the Soviet Union attacked Poland on 17 Sep 1939, effectively starting the fourth partition, causing the recently re-established Polish Republic to cease to exist. (wikitravel.org)
- The Soviet Union attacked Poland from the east on September 17, 1939 effectively creating a fourth partition of Poland and causing the Second Polish Republic, established only several years earlier by General Józef Piłsudski, to cease existence. (wikitravel.org)
- Throughout December, Poland celebrates the festive season with visits from Mikolaj (the Polish Santa), night markets and advent events at many of its lovely churches. (easyjet.com)
- Paweł Tamborski, undersecretary of state at the Polish Ministry of Treasury, said during the U.S.-Poland Economic Forum at the New York Stock Exchange on Oct. 10 that the country sits on vast expanses of shale gas waiting to be tapped. (ibtimes.com)
- Very likely Poland received its name on account of its extensive plains (in Polish the word for "field", or "plain", is pole ), which are the characteristic feature of its topography. (catholic.com)
- and remember: during the Second World War Poland was occupied by nazi Germany, and germans, not poles, build concentration camps (like Auschwitz-Birkenau) on polish soil to kill jews and polish in the act of genocide. (urbandictionary.com)
- The Nazis went on to murder over six million Jews during the Holocaust -- half of them Polish -- and bequeathed a legacy of fear in Poland that was reinforced by postwar violence and persecution led by the communist regime that took power. (cnn.com)
- In 1989, Poland liberated itself from communism, due to the underground activism of the Solidarity movement, in which many Polish Jews took leading roles. (cnn.com)
- The main goal is to present a comprehensive statistical and econometric analysis of employment, unemployment and participation in Poland in the period 1998-2004 and confront Polish experiences with international empirical and theoretical studies in labor economics. (repec.org)
- Located to the west of Central Poland, Poznan is one of Europe's hidden gems. (hostelbookers.com)
- Poland holidays offer opportunities to immerse yourself in city life or get back to nature, to uncover Europe's past and soak up plentiful art, music and theatre. (easyjet.com)
- Poland is one of Europe's few growing major economies, and its energy needs are rapidly increasing. (ibtimes.com)
- Poland has managed to distance itself from Europe's debt crisis and is among the economies poised to drive regional growth in the years ahead. (marketwatch.com)
- Poland attracted waves of foreign-direct investment as firms sought to tap into central Europe's largest domestic economy. (marketwatch.com)
- In September 1939, World War II began with the invasion of Poland by Germany, followed by the Soviets invading Poland in accordance with the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. (wikipedia.org)
- On this day in 1939, German forces bombard Poland on land and from the air, as Adolf Hitler seeks to regain lost territory and ultimately rule Poland. (history.com)
- Germany attacked Poland from the west on September 1, 1939. (wikitravel.org)
- Chude [ˈxudɛ] (German: Rosenthal) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Szydłowo, within Wałcz County, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-western Poland. (wikipedia.org)
- In late 1940, more than a year after the German invasion of Poland, Nazi high command began the forced migration of the country's 3 million Jews into a series of urban ghettoes. (history.com)
- The German invasion of Poland was a primer on how Hitler intended to wage war-what would become the "blitzkrieg" strategy. (history.com)
- For example, within one day of the German invasion of Poland, Hitler was already setting up SS "Death's Head" regiments to terrorize the populace. (history.com)
- Nature in Poland has been negatively affected by human development at varying levels within the country: unevenly spread industrialisation and urbanization coexist with large areas characterised by traditional agriculture and extensive ancient forests (the Białowieza Forest is the best preserved area of primeval forest in Europe). (iucn.org)
- The Country Focus on Poland presents projects by IUCN Members which aim to protect nature and its diversity. (iucn.org)
- Poland is essentially a cash country, and it is sometimes difficult to use credit cards in the cities, and almost impossible in rural areas. (klm.com)
- With its transformation to a democratic, market-oriented country largely completed and with large investments in defense, energy, and other infrastructure, Poland is an increasingly active member of Euro-Atlantic organizations. (cia.gov)
- The recently published Country Report on Poland: Road Safety Management Capacity Review provides recommendations on key strategic actions the country can take to reduce traffic fatalities and injuries. (worldbank.org)
- In the European context, Poland stands out as one country which has been particularly vulnerable to road safety concerns. (worldbank.org)
- In response to this need, policy makers in Poland are further committing the country to a course of action which can help assuage some of these road safety concerns. (worldbank.org)
- A key result of this collaboration is the recently published Country Report on Poland: Road Safety Management Capacity Review , which offers a detailed description of the organization of road safety responsibilities in the country and provides a capacity review of road safety management and recommendations on key strategic actions. (worldbank.org)
- Poland was first united as a country in the first half of the 10th century, and officially adopted Catholicism in 966. (wikitravel.org)
- Responding to the need for reform, Poland was the 1st country in Europe (and the 2nd in the world, after the US) to pass a constitution. (wikitravel.org)
- With the country in political disarray, various sections of Poland were subsequently occupied by its neighbours, Russia, Prussia and Austria, in three coordinated "partitions" of 1772 and 1793, and 1795. (wikitravel.org)
- After the last partition and a failed uprising, Poland ceased to exist as a country for 123 years. (wikitravel.org)
- Much of the Holocaust took place in Poland, as Poland had the largest population of Jews of any country in the world, over three million, 90% of whom were murdered by the Nazis. (wikitravel.org)
- Poland was first united as a country in the first half of the 10th century and baptized in 966 AD in Poznań , with the first capitals in Gniezno and Poznań in Wielkopolskie . (wikitravel.org)
- Poland regained its independence on November 11th, 1918 with the end of the World War I. Soon, in 1920-21, the newly-reborn country got into war with Czechoslovakia and, especially, Soviet Russia over territorial disputes. (wikitravel.org)
- As an independent country (i.e., until the year 1772), Poland was bounded on the north by the Baltic Sea, on the east by the Russian Empire, on the south by the do-minions of the Tatars and Hungary , on the west by Bohemia and Prussia . (catholic.com)
- Poland is a great country. (urbandictionary.com)
- Geographically speaking Poland consists of mainly of flat farming country. (everything2.com)
- Poland was the only European country to avoid recession in the global financial crisis that followed the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers. (marketwatch.com)
- Enjoy a compilation of the nicest goals so far at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019! (fifa.com)
- During the 18th century, internal disorders weakened the nation, and in a series of agreements between 1772 and 1795, Russia, Prussia, and Austria partitioned Poland among themselves. (cia.gov)
- Poland was partitioned between the nations of Prussia , Austria , and Russia during the late 18th century. (everything2.com)
- For decades after the end of World War II, rumors persisted that the mountains of southwest Poland held a secret-a Nazi "ghost train" abounding with looted weapons, jewels, priceless art and up to 300 tons of gold hidden inside a secret labyrinth of tunnels. (history.com)
- In 1940 it became the site of a Nazi concentration camp and headquarters for the German Gestapo in eastern Poland. (britannica.com)
- Poland was again partitioned just 19 years later by agreement between the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany . (everything2.com)
- In some languages, such as Hungarian, Lithuanian, Persian, Russian and Turkish, the country's name is derived from the Lendians (Lędzianie or Lachy) who dwelled on the southeasternmost edge of present-day Lesser Poland. (wikipedia.org)
- by Christine Orford As the second-largest city in Poland , and one of the oldest, it's no surprise that there are so many amazing museums to visit in Krakow . (hostelbookers.com)
- Poland and other countries in transition from Communism to the market economy are saddled with pension schemes that are far more comprehensive and generous -- and therefore more expensive -- than those of countries with comparable income levels. (rferl.org)
- Following transitions in Poland from Communism to a free market economy and then to a common EU market, he said it was difficult to propose another shift to a low-carbon economy. (reuters.com)
- Later it became the birthplace of the Solidarity movement that led to the fall of communism in Poland in the 1980s. (cnn.com)
Kingdom of Pol3
- The Kingdom of Poland was founded in 1025, and in 1569 it cemented its longstanding political association with Lithuania by signing the Union of Lublin. (wikipedia.org)
- 32° and 53° E. of Ferro, with an area of about 435,200 square miles (twice as large as Germany ), constituted the former Kingdom of Poland. (catholic.com)
- The various divisions, by the union of which the Kingdom of Poland was formed, still bear their original names. (catholic.com)
- As a matter of fact, the Poles inhabited the whole of Great Poland, Little Poland, and a part of Lithuania , as well as part of the Ruthenian territory. (catholic.com)
- Poland joined NATO in 1999 and the EU in 2004. (cia.gov)
- 2) Kujavia, north of Great Poland, at the foot of the Baltic ridge to the left of the Vistula. (catholic.com)
- 3) Little Poland, the basin of the upper and middle Vistula. (catholic.com)
- 4) Silesia , at the headwaters of the Vistula and on the upper Oder, belonged to Poland only until the year 1335. (catholic.com)
- It is used in genealogical sources throughout Poland. (familysearch.org)
- The most famous archaeological find from the prehistory and protohistory of Poland is the Biskupin fortified settlement (now reconstructed as an open-air museum), dating from the Lusatian culture of the late Bronze Age, around 748 BC. (wikipedia.org)
- At Intel Poland, we are interested in helping you find work that is just right for your skills and aspirations. (intel.com)
- We find that the employment gap between Poland and UE15 is mostly due to low participation/employment of older workers in Poland, although individuals aged 15-24 also contribute to this gap. (repec.org)
- Find high quality Poland Soccer Gifts at CafePress. (cafepress.com)
- The catalog also lists books about how to do genealogical research in Poland. (familysearch.org)
- BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) - The leaders of Hungary and Poland vowed Thursday to uphold their veto of the European Union's next budget - and its massive pandemic relief fund - saying a mechanism that ties payment of funds to rule of law principles risks derailing the bloc. (ap.org)
- With the European Union's traditional powerhouses stumbling, solid growth in both Poland and Turkey may offer the best opportunities in the region. (marketwatch.com)
- Transitions from unemployment in Poland: a multinomial logit analysis ," Labor and Demography 0511008, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2005. (repec.org)
- But there is much more work to be done and money to be spent before Poland can begin to reap the rewards of its geography. (ibtimes.com)
- Two government sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Poland would veto the environment council conclusions. (reuters.com)
- Poland, which had served as a hub of heavy industry for the Eastern bloc under Soviet domination, managed to capitalize on its large if inefficient industrial base. (marketwatch.com)
- In the wake of the 1989 events, notably through the emergence and contributions of the Solidarity movement, the communist government was dissolved and Poland re-established itself as a semi-presidential democratic republic. (wikipedia.org)
- More than 3,500 people died in traffic-related accidents in Poland in 2012 and the country's death rate for traffic accidents - at 93 per million - is more than 50 percent higher than the European Union (EU) average of 55, making Poland one of the worst performing road safety countries in the EU. (worldbank.org)
- Markets in western Poland have profited from German neo-fascists buying Third-Reich memorabilia such as swastikas and pictures of Hitler that are prohibited under their own country's stringent regulations. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Consequently, the real meaning of the ''fraternal aid'' of the Soviet Union to Poland has undergone a searching analysis by some of the country's leading economic experts. (csmonitor.com)
- With a population of nearly 38.5 million people, Poland is the fifth most populous member state of the European Union. (wikipedia.org)
- People with Poland syndrome are typically missing part of one of the major chest muscles, called the pectoralis major. (medlineplus.gov)
- The bones of the forearm (radius and ulna) are shortened in some people with Poland syndrome, but this shortening may also be difficult to detect unless measured. (medlineplus.gov)
- Most cases of Poland syndrome are sporadic, which means they are not inherited and occur in people with no history of the disorder in their families. (medlineplus.gov)
- Poland not only has the world's youngest retirees -- average age 59 for men and 54 for women -- but it also has, proportionally, the smallest number of workers supporting the greatest number of people who are drawing old-age and disability pensions. (rferl.org)
- The index has names and vital information for thousands of people (deceased) who lived in Poland. (familysearch.org)
- Some of the most intelligent people I know are from poland. (urbandictionary.com)
- Poland has provided many intelligent people to the world. (urbandictionary.com)
- There are an estimated 25,000 people with Jewish ancestry in Poland, according to monthly magazine Midrasz. (cnn.com)
- Then we turn to the role played educational system in the accumulation of the human capital by young people, and we evaluate the life-long learning in Poland. (repec.org)
- Poland used to possess the most powerful army in Europe. (urbandictionary.com)
- This city is definitely one of the most underrated destinations both of Poland and Europe. (cnn.com)
- Our Europe Regional Team offers a personalised service to students from Poland, answering any questions you have about our courses, entry requirements, student life and more. (mdx.ac.uk)
- Since 2008, archaeologists have been excavating a 400-year-old cemetery on a sandy hill in northwest Poland near the rural village of Drawsko. (history.com)
- Poland has one of the highest death rates for traffic accidents in the European Union, with 93 deaths per million persons per year, compared with the EU average of 55. (worldbank.org)
- As the previous holder of the six-month presidency last year, Poland began its tenure by blocking an attempt then to move beyond existing targets, which include a 20 percent reduction in carbon emissions, and sign up to a 25 percent milestone. (reuters.com)
- In fact, the first hydraulic fracking outside of the United States got under way last year in northwestern Poland. (ibtimes.com)
- As an official entity of the Embassy of Switzerland, the Swiss Business Hub Poland (SBH) is responsible for implementing Swiss export strategies in Poland and for promoting Switzerland as a business location. (admin.ch)
- Poland is a member state of the Schengen Area, the United Nations, NATO, the OECD, the Three Seas Initiative and the Visegrád Group. (wikipedia.org)
- BRUSSELS (AP) - The EU's top official advised Hungary and Poland Wednesday to take their objections to a proposed mechanism linking the bloc's money to respect of the rule of law to the European Court of Justice - instead of blocking a 1.8 trillion-euro ($2.1 trillion) budget and coronavirus. (ap.org)
- For example, the adoption may take place only if the competent authorities of Poland have determined that placement of the child within Poland has been given due consideration and that an intercountry adoption is in the child's best interests. (state.gov)
- The present-day catastrophic economic situation in Poland is a complex, multifaceted phenomenon caused by many factors. (csmonitor.com)
- Turkey and Poland dazzled observers with their economic performance following the global credit crunch, but remain vulnerable to euro-zone crisis. (marketwatch.com)
- Turkey and Poland wowed observers with their economic performance following a global financial crisis that left regional peers hobbled. (marketwatch.com)
- Active Labour Market Policies in Poland ," CESifo Forum , ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 14(1), pages 22-28, May. (repec.org)
- With a rich history, welcoming national attitudes, mind-blowingly delicious local cuisine, Poland is a destination ready for exploration. (cnn.com)
- At the moment Poland exhibits the highest unemployment rate in OECD and one of the lowest employment and participation rates. (repec.org)
- Poland experienced its golden age from 14th till 16th century, under the reign of king Casimir the Great, and the Jagiellonian dynasty, whose rule extended from the Baltic to the Black and Adriatic seas. (wikitravel.org)
- Also known as the Church on the Rock, this 14th-century Gothic church stands on the site where Bishop Stanislaw of Poland was beheaded and dismembered on order of the king in 1079. (sacred-destinations.com)
- Renaissance in Poland started to spread in the 15th and the 16th centuries. (wikipedia.org)
- Drawing from the experiences of five economies (People's Republic of China, India, New Zealand, Poland and Turkey), the book concludes that broadened ownership generally has a positive impact on the governance and performance of these companies. (oecd.org)
- Hitler used the issue of Danzig ( Gdańsk ) and German nationalism to try to trigger a war with Poland in much the same way he used the Sudetenland Question to conquer the Czechs. (wikitravel.org)
- Our official representative for applicants from Poland is Dr Marta Wlodarczyk of Episteme Educational Placement Services. (mdx.ac.uk)
- The index for Poland has names extracted from parish registers by volunteers (mostly from places formerly under Germany) and names submitted by other researchers. (familysearch.org)
- Employment in Poland 2005 ," Labor and Demography 0512003, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2005. (repec.org)