Plants, Genetically Modified
An organism of the vegetable kingdom suitable by nature for use as a food, especially by human beings. Not all parts of any given plant are edible but all parts of edible plants have been known to figure as raw or cooked food: leaves, roots, tubers, stems, seeds, buds, fruits, and flowers. The most commonly edible parts of plants are FRUIT, usually sweet, fleshy, and succulent. Most edible plants are commonly cultivated for their nutritional value and are referred to as VEGETABLES.
Plant Growth Regulators
Members of the group of vascular plants which bear flowers. They are differentiated from GYMNOSPERMS by their production of seeds within a closed chamber (OVARY, PLANT). The Angiosperms division is composed of two classes, the monocotyledons (Liliopsida) and dicotyledons (Magnoliopsida). Angiosperms represent approximately 80% of all known living plants.
Amino Acid Sequence
The large family of plants characterized by pods. Some are edible and some cause LATHYRISM or FAVISM and other forms of poisoning. Other species yield useful materials like gums from ACACIA and various LECTINS like PHYTOHEMAGGLUTININS from PHASEOLUS. Many of them harbor NITROGEN FIXATION bacteria on their roots. Many but not all species of "beans" belong to this family.
Sugar-rich liquid produced in plant glands called nectaries. It is either produced in flowers or other plant structures, providing a source of attraction for pollinating insects and animals, as well as being a nutrient source to animal mutualists which provide protection of plants against herbivores.
The synthesis by organisms of organic chemical compounds, especially carbohydrates, from carbon dioxide using energy obtained from light rather than from the oxidation of chemical compounds. Photosynthesis comprises two separate processes: the light reactions and the dark reactions. In higher plants; GREEN ALGAE; and CYANOBACTERIA; NADPH and ATP formed by the light reactions drive the dark reactions which result in the fixation of carbon dioxide. (from Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2001)
Root Nodules, Plant
Protein or glycoprotein substances of plant origin that bind to sugar moieties in cell walls or membranes. Some carbohydrate-metabolizing proteins (ENZYMES) from PLANTS also bind to carbohydrates, however they are not considered lectins. Many plant lectins change the physiology of the membrane of BLOOD CELLS to cause agglutination, mitosis, or other biochemical changes. They may play a role in plant defense mechanisms.
Symbiotic combination (dual organism) of the MYCELIUM of FUNGI with the roots of plants (PLANT ROOTS). The roots of almost all higher plants exhibit this mutually beneficial relationship, whereby the fungus supplies water and mineral salts to the plant, and the plant supplies CARBOHYDRATES to the fungus. There are two major types of mycorrhizae: ectomycorrhizae and endomycorrhizae.
Plant cell inclusion bodies that contain the photosynthetic pigment CHLOROPHYLL, which is associated with the membrane of THYLAKOIDS. Chloroplasts occur in cells of leaves and young stems of plants. They are also found in some forms of PHYTOPLANKTON such as HAPTOPHYTA; DINOFLAGELLATES; DIATOMS; and CRYPTOPHYTA.
The initial stages of the growth of SEEDS into a SEEDLINGS. The embryonic shoot (plumule) and embryonic PLANT ROOTS (radicle) emerge and grow upwards and downwards respectively. Food reserves for germination come from endosperm tissue within the seed and/or from the seed leaves (COTYLEDON). (Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)
A large plant family of the order Asterales, subclass Asteridae, class Magnoliopsida. The family is also known as Compositae. Flower petals are joined near the base and stamens alternate with the corolla lobes. The common name of "daisy" refers to several genera of this family including Aster; CHRYSANTHEMUM; RUDBECKIA; TANACETUM.
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
A kingdom of eukaryotic, heterotrophic organisms that live parasitically as saprobes, including MUSHROOMS; YEASTS; smuts, molds, etc. They reproduce either sexually or asexually, and have life cycles that range from simple to complex. Filamentous fungi, commonly known as molds, refer to those that grow as multicellular colonies.
A class of plants within the Bryophyta comprising the mosses, which are found in both damp (including freshwater) and drier situations. Mosses possess erect or prostrate leafless stems, which give rise to leafless stalks bearing capsules. Spores formed in the capsules are released and grow to produce new plants. (Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990). Many small plants bearing the name moss are in fact not mosses. The "moss" found on the north side of trees is actually a green alga (CHLOROPHYTA). Irish moss is really a red alga (RHODOPHYTA). Beard lichen (beard moss), Iceland moss, oak moss, and reindeer moss are actually LICHENS. Spanish moss is a common name for both LICHENS and an air plant (TILLANDSIA usneoides) of the pineapple family. Club moss is an evergreen herb of the family LYCOPODIACEAE.
Volatile Organic Compounds
Any of several BRASSICA species that are commonly called mustard. Brassica alba is white mustard, B. juncea is brown or Chinese mustard, and B. nigra is black, brown, or red mustard. The plant is grown both for mustard seed from which oil is extracted or used as SPICES, and for its greens used as VEGETABLES or ANIMAL FEED. There is no relationship to MUSTARD COMPOUNDS.
A set of genes descended by duplication and variation from some ancestral gene. Such genes may be clustered together on the same chromosome or dispersed on different chromosomes. Examples of multigene families include those that encode the hemoglobins, immunoglobulins, histocompatibility antigens, actins, tubulins, keratins, collagens, heat shock proteins, salivary glue proteins, chorion proteins, cuticle proteins, yolk proteins, and phaseolins, as well as histones, ribosomal RNA, and transfer RNA genes. The latter three are examples of reiterated genes, where hundreds of identical genes are present in a tandem array. (King & Stanfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Seedless nonflowering plants of the class Filicinae. They reproduce by spores that appear as dots on the underside of feathery fronds. In earlier classifications the Pteridophyta included the club mosses, horsetails, ferns, and various fossil groups. In more recent classifications, pteridophytes and spermatophytes (seed-bearing plants) are classified in the Subkingdom Tracheobionta (also known as Tracheophyta).
Gymnosperms are a group of vascular plants whose seeds are not enclosed by a ripened ovary (fruit), in contrast to ANGIOSPERMS whose seeds are surrounded by an ovary wall. The seeds of many gymnosperms (literally, "naked seed") are borne in cones and are not visible. Taxonomists now recognize four distinct divisions of extant gymnospermous plants (CONIFEROPHYTA; CYCADOPHYTA; GINKGOPHYTA; and GNETOPHYTA).
Medicine, African Traditional
A part of the embryo in a seed plant. The number of cotyledons is an important feature in classifying plants. In seeds without an endosperm, they store food which is used in germination. In some plants, they emerge above the soil surface and become the first photosynthetic leaves. (From Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)
Genetic Complementation Test
The region of the stem beneath the stalks of the seed leaves (cotyledons) and directly above the young root of the embryo plant. It grows rapidly in seedlings showing epigeal germination and lifts the cotyledons above the soil surface. In this region (the transition zone) the arrangement of vascular bundles in the root changes to that of the stem. (From Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
Eukaryotes in the group STRAMENOPILES, formerly considered FUNGI, whose exact taxonomic level is unsettled. Many consider Oomycetes (Oomycota) a phylum in the kingdom Stramenopila, or alternatively, as Pseudofungi in the phylum Heterokonta of the kingdom Chromista. They are morphologically similar to fungi but have no close phylogenetic relationship to them. Oomycetes are found in both fresh and salt water as well as in terrestrial environments. (Alexopoulos et al., Introductory Mycology, 4th ed, pp683-4). They produce flagellated, actively motile spores (zoospores) that are pathogenic to many crop plants and FISHES.
Gene Expression Profiling
A carboxy-lyase that plays a key role in photosynthetic carbon assimilation in the CALVIN-BENSON CYCLE by catalyzing the formation of 3-phosphoglycerate from ribulose 1,5-biphosphate and CARBON DIOXIDE. It can also utilize OXYGEN as a substrate to catalyze the synthesis of 2-phosphoglycolate and 3-phosphoglycerate in a process referred to as photorespiration.
The most abundant natural aromatic organic polymer found in all vascular plants. Lignin together with cellulose and hemicellulose are the major cell wall components of the fibers of all wood and grass species. Lignin is composed of coniferyl, p-coumaryl, and sinapyl alcohols in varying ratios in different plant species. (From Merck Index, 11th ed)
Mutagenesis where the mutation is caused by the introduction of foreign DNA sequences into a gene or extragenic sequence. This may occur spontaneously in vivo or be experimentally induced in vivo or in vitro. Proviral DNA insertions into or adjacent to a cellular proto-oncogene can interrupt GENETIC TRANSLATION of the coding sequences or interfere with recognition of regulatory elements and cause unregulated expression of the proto-oncogene resulting in tumor formation.
Flammable, amorphous, vegetable products of secretion or disintegration, usually formed in special cavities of plants. They are generally insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol, carbon tetrachloride, ether, or volatile oils. They are fusible and have a conchoidal fracture. They are the oxidation or polymerization products of the terpenes, and are mixtures of aromatic acids and esters. Most are soft and sticky, but harden after exposure to cold. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed & Dorland, 28th ed)
High molecular weight polysaccharides present in the cell walls of all plants. Pectins cement cell walls together. They are used as emulsifiers and stabilizers in the food industry. They have been tried for a variety of therapeutic uses including as antidiarrheals, where they are now generally considered ineffective, and in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia.
One of the three domains of life (the others being Eukarya and ARCHAEA), also called Eubacteria. They are unicellular prokaryotic microorganisms which generally possess rigid cell walls, multiply by cell division, and exhibit three principal forms: round or coccal, rodlike or bacillary, and spiral or spirochetal. Bacteria can be classified by their response to OXYGEN: aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic; by the mode by which they obtain their energy: chemotrophy (via chemical reaction) or PHOTOTROPHY (via light reaction); for chemotrophs by their source of chemical energy: CHEMOLITHOTROPHY (from inorganic compounds) or chemoorganotrophy (from organic compounds); and by their source for CARBON; NITROGEN; etc.; HETEROTROPHY (from organic sources) or AUTOTROPHY (from CARBON DIOXIDE). They can also be classified by whether or not they stain (based on the structure of their CELL WALLS) with CRYSTAL VIOLET dye: gram-negative or gram-positive.
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
A plant species of the genus VICIA, family FABACEAE. The edible beans are well known but they cause FAVISM in some individuals with GLUCOSEPHOSPHATE DEHYDROGENASE DEFICIENCY. This plant contains vicine, convicine, Vicia lectins, unknown seed protein, AAP2 transport protein, and Vicia faba DNA-binding protein 1.
A monocot family within the order Liliales. This family is divided by some botanists into other families such as Convallariaceae, Hyacinthaceae and Amaryllidaceae. Amaryllidaceae, which have inferior ovaries, includes CRINUM; GALANTHUS; LYCORIS; and NARCISSUS and are known for AMARYLLIDACEAE ALKALOIDS.
Expressed Sequence Tags
Recombinant Fusion Proteins
C-fiber depletion alters response properties of neurons in trigeminal nucleus principalis. (1/9363)The effects of C-fiber depletion induced by neonatal capsaicin treatment on the functional properties of vibrissa-sensitive low-threshold mechanoreceptive (LTM) neurons in the rat trigeminal nucleus principalis were examined in adult rats. Neonatal rats were injected either with capsaicin or its vehicle within 48 h of birth. The depletion of unmyelinated afferents was confirmed by the significant decrease in plasma extravasation of Evan's blue dye induced in the hindlimb skin of capsaicin-treated rats by cutaneous application of mustard oil and by the significant decrease of unmyelinated fibers in both the sciatic and infraorbital nerves. The mechanoreceptive field (RF) and response properties of 31 vibrissa-sensitive neurons in capsaicin-treated rats were compared with those of 32 vibrissa-sensitive neurons in control (untreated or vehicle-treated) rats. The use of electronically controlled mechanical stimuli allowed quantitative analysis of response properties of vibrissa-sensitive neurons; these included the number of center- and surround-RF vibrissae within the RF (i.e., those vibrissae which when stimulated elicited >/=1 and <1 action potential per stimulus, respectively), the response magnitude and latency, and the selectivity of responses to stimulation of vibrissae in different directions with emphasis on combining both the response magnitude and direction of vibrissal deflection in a vector analysis. Neonatal capsaicin treatment was associated with significant increases in the total number of vibrissae, in the number of center-RF vibrissae per neuronal RF, and in the percentage of vibrissa-sensitive neurons that also responded to stimulation of other types of orofacial tissues. Compared with control rats, capsaicin-treated rats showed significant increases in the response magnitude to stimulation of surround-RF vibrissae as well as in response latency variability to stimulation of both center- and surround-RF vibrissae. C-fiber depletion also significantly altered the directional selectivity of responses to stimulation of vibrissae. For neurons with multiple center-RF vibrissae, the proportion of center-RF vibrissae with net vector responses oriented toward the same quadrant was significantly less in capsaicin-treated compared with control rats. These changes in the functional properties of principalis vibrissa-sensitive neurons associated with marked depletion of C-fiber afferents are consistent with similarly induced alterations in LTM neurons studied at other levels of the rodent somatosensory system, and indeed may contribute to alterations previously described in the somatosensory cortex of adult rodents. Furthermore, these results provide additional support to the view that C fibers may have an important role in shaping the functional properties of LTM neurons in central somatosensory pathways. (+info)
Pharmacological studies on root bark of mulberry tree (Morus alba L.) (2/9363)Pharmacological studies were done on the root bark of mulberry tree and pharmacological effects were compared with the clinical effects of "Sohakuhi" in Chinese medicine. n-Butanol- and water-soluble fractions of mulberry root had similar effects except for those on the cadiovascular system. Both fractions showed cathartic, analgesic, diuretic, antitussive, antiedema, sedative, anticonvulsant, and hypotensive actions in mice, rats, guinea pigs and dogs. There appears to be a correlation between the experimental pharmacological results and the clinical applications of mulberry root found in the literature on Chinese medicine. (+info)
Influence of tangeretin on tamoxifen's therapeutic benefit in mammary cancer. (3/9363)BACKGROUND: Tamoxifen and the citrus flavonoid tangeretin exhibit similar inhibitory effects on the growth and invasive properties of human mammary cancer cells in vitro; furthermore, the two agents have displayed additive effects in vitro. In this study, we examined whether tangeretin would enhance tamoxifen's therapeutic benefit in vivo. METHODS: Female nude mice (n = 80) were inoculated subcutaneously with human MCF-7/6 mammary adenocarcinoma cells. Groups of 20 mice were treated orally by adding the following substances to their drinking water: tamoxifen (3 x 10(-5) M), tangeretin (1 x 10(-4) M), tamoxifen plus tangeretin (3 x 10(-5) M plus 1 x 10(-4) M), or solvent. RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS: Oral treatment of mice with tamoxifen resulted in a statistically significant inhibition of tumor growth compared with solvent treatment (two-sided P = .001). Treatment with tangeretin did not inhibit tumor growth, and addition of this compound to drinking water with tamoxifen completely neutralized tamoxifen's inhibitory effect. The median survival time of tumor-bearing mice treated with tamoxifen plus tangeretin was reduced in comparison with that of mice treated with tamoxifen alone (14 versus 56 weeks; two-sided P = .002). Tangeretin (1 x 10(-6) M or higher) inhibited the cytolytic effect of murine natural killer cells on MCF-7/6 cells in vitro, which may explain why tamoxifen-induced inhibition of tumor growth in mice is abolished when tangeretin is present in drinking water. IMPLICATIONS: We describe an in vivo model to study potential interference of dietary compounds, such as flavonoids, with tamoxifen, which could lead to reduced efficacy of adjuvant therapy. In our study, the tumor growth-inhibiting effect of oral tamoxifen was reversed upon addition of tangeretin to the diet. Our data argue against excessive consumption of tangeretin-added products and supplements by patients with mammary cancer during tamoxifen treatment. (+info)
Screening of Korean forest plants for rat lens aldose reductase inhibition. (4/9363)Naturally occurring substances which can prevent and treat diabetic complications were sought by examining ethanol extracts prepared from Korean forest plants for their inhibitory effects on rat lens aldose reductase activity in vitro. Among the plants examined, Acer ginnala, Illicium religiosum and Cornus macrophylla exerted the most strong inhibitory activity on aldose reductase. (+info)
Extraction and analysis of cosmetic active ingredients from an anti-cellulitis transdermal delivery system by high-performance liquid chromatography. (5/9363)A new transdermal delivery system that controls cellulitis is evaluated using reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography coupled with photodiode array detection. An extraction procedure and the validation of the analytical method to assay the active excipients from the Centella asiatica plant (asiaticoside, madacessic acid, and asiatic acid) are described. Excellent results ae obtained in terms of linearity, accuracy, and specificity of the analytical method. (+info)
Antagonistic effects of extract from leaves of ginkgo biloba on glutamate neurotoxicity. (6/9363)AIM: To determine whether the extract of leaves of Ginkgo biloba L (EGb) and several active constituents of EGb have protective effects against glutamate (Glu)-induced neuronal damage. METHODS: Microscopy and image analysis of nucleus areas in the arcuate nuclei (AN) of mice were made. The neuronal viability in primary cultures from mouse cerebral cortex was assessed using MTT [3-(4, 5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2, 5-diphenyl tetrazolium bromide] staining and the intracellular free calcium concentration ([Ca2+]i) of single neuron was measured using Fura-2. RESULTS: EGb (2.5 mg.L-1) and its constituent ginkgolide B (Gin B, 2 mg.L-1) protected the neuronal viability against Glu-induced injury, and prevented the Glu-induced elevation in [Ca2+]i. EGb (3-10 mg.kg-1) attenuated the decrease of nucleus areas in arcuate nuclei induced by Glu (1 g.kg-1, s.c.). CONCLUSION: EGb and Gin B prevent neurons from Glu neurotoxicity through reduction of the rise in [Ca2+]i. (+info)
Tobacco BY-2 cell-free extracts induce the recovery of microtubule nucleating activity of inactivated mammalian centrosomes. (7/9363)The structure and the molecular composition of the microtubule-organizing centers in acentriolar higher plant cells remain unknown. We developed an in vitro complementation assay where tobacco BY-2 extracts can restore the microtubule-nucleating activity of urea-inactivated mammalian centrosomes. Our results provide first evidence that soluble microtubule-nucleating factors are present in the plant cytosolic fraction. The implication for microtubule nucleation in higher plants is discussed. (+info)
The hemolytic activity of bracken extracts in guinea pigs. (8/9363)This study was conducted to elucidate the hemolytic activity of a new toxic substance in bracken fern. A crude extract (CE) was prepared from the methanol extracts of bracken by the column chromatography. When the CE was injected subcutaneously in guinea pigs, the hemoglobinuria and hemolysis were observed within 6 hr, and 3 days later edema and hemorrhages in the urinary bladder were observed. The CE was then fractionated by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and three (HF, BF and CF) of the fractions showed the toxic activities in guinea pigs. The HF caused the hemolysis, whereas both the BF and the CF caused the hemorrhagic cystitis without any hemolytic activities. The HF was further fractionated by the HPLC, resulting of the 3 fractions (HF-I, II and III). The hemolysis was caused only with the HF-II, and HF-II as well as HF did not cause the hemorrhagic cystitis. HPLC analysis revealed that both BF and CF contains braxin B and braxin C, respectively, and both HF and HF-II do not contain braxin A, B or C. These facts suggest that bracken fern contains a new toxic substance (hemolysin) which induces the acute hemolysis in guinea pigs. (+info)
Development and Evaluation of Antipyretic and Antinociceptive Activity of Polyherbal Formulation Containing Some Indigenous...
Abstract: In the present study, it was envisaged to prepare three polyherbal formulations (F1, F2 and F3) containing leaves of Solanum xanthocarpum and Andrographis paniculata, rhizomes of Curcuma longa and stem of Tinospora cordifolia in varying ratio and evaluating the polyherbal formulations for the antipyretic and antinociceptive activities. The antipyretic activity of methanol extracts (MF1, MF2 and MF3) and aqueous extracts (AF1, AF2 and AF3) of polyherbal formulation were studied in Brewer s yeast induced pyrexia in mice. The antinociceptive activity of methanol and aqueous extracts of polyherbal formulation were studied using Eddy s hot plate method and tail flick method in mice. The polyherbal formulation of all extracts showed significant reduction in the elevated body temperature of rat which was compared with standard paracetamol. The extract of polyherbal formulation produced significant increase in the reaction time by Eddy s hot plate method and tail flick method in mice which was ...
Polyherbal Formulation Concept for Synergic Action: A Review | Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics
Formulations restrain 2 or more than 2 herbs are called polyherbal formulation. Drug formulation in Ayurveda is based on 2 principles: Use as a single drug and use of more than one drug. The last is known as polyherbal formulation. The idea of polyherbalism is peculiar to Ayurveda even though it is tricky to explain in term of modern parameters. The Ayurvedic literature Sarangdhar Samhita tinted the idea of polyherbalism to attain greater therapeutic efficacy. Polyherbal formulation has been used all around the earth due to its medicinal and therapeutic application. It has also recognized as polyherbal therapy or herb-herb combination. The active phytochemical constituents of individual plants are inadequate to attain the desirable therapeutic effects. When polyherbal and herbo-mineral formulations combining the multiple herbs in a meticulous ratio, it will give an enhanced therapeutic effect and decrease the toxicity. The active constituents used from individual plant are inadequate to provide ...
study Study of the Hepatoprotective Activity of Polyherbal Formulation on Alcohol Induced Hepatotoxicity | Journal of...
Many traditional systems of medicines employ herbal drugs for the hepatoprotection. Aim of the study was designed to evaluate the hepatoprotective potential of polyherbal formulation against alcohol induced hepatotoxicity in wistar albino rats. Group I animals were treated with 1% CMC for 18 days. Group II, III and IV animals were treated with 1% CMC, polyherbal formulation 180mg/kg/day and silymarin 100mg/kg/day respectively for 18 days and then orally administration with ethanol 3.76 g/kg/day simultaneously for 18 days. After 24 hours of last dosing, the blood was obtained through retro-orbital plexus under light anaesthesia and the animals were sacrificed. Hepatoprotective potential was assessed by various biochemical parameters such as AST, ALT, ALP, LDH, bilirubin, cholesterol, TG and thiopentone sodium induced sleep time. Group III rats showed significant (p,0.01) decrease in AST, ALT, ALP, LDH, bilirubin, cholesterol, TG, liver weight(wt.) and relative liver wt. levels while significant ...
Black Cherry Extract Therapeutic Properties 90 Vcaps 750 mg NOW Foods - Compare Price and Reviews at VitaDigest.com
VitaDigest offer Black Cherry Extract Therapeutic Properties 90 Vcaps 750 mg , Product Review For NOW Foods Formula and Information, Exclusive Reivews for Black Cherry Extract Therapeutic Properties 90 Vcaps 750 mg NOW Foods
Measurement of volatile plant compounds in field ambient air by thermal desorption-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry - PubAg
Determination of volatile plant compounds in field ambient air is important to understand chemical communication between plants and insects and will aid the development of semiochemicals from plants for pest control. In this study, a thermal desorption-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (TD-GC-MS) method was developed to measure ultra-trace levels of volatile plant compounds in field ambient air. The desorption parameters of TD, including sorbent tube material, tube desorption temperature, desorption time, and cold trap temperature, were selected and optimized. In GC-MS analysis, the selected ion monitoring mode was used for enhanced sensitivity and selectivity. This method was sufficiently sensitive to detect part-per-trillion levels of volatile plant compounds in field ambient air. Laboratory and field evaluation revealed that the method presented high precision and accuracy. Field studies indicated that the background odor of tea plantations contained some common volatile plant compounds, ...
natural plant extract suppliers, natural plant extract suppliers wholesale for sale page1 in Tradezz.com
Looking for natural plant extract suppliers? Here you can find the lowest price products about natural plant extract suppliers. We Provide for you about natural plant extract suppliers page1
Jundishapur Journal of Natural Pharmaceutical Products | Anti-Oxidant, Anti-Malarial, and Phytochemical Studies on Muscari...
As the first biological and phytochemical study of M. inconstrictum, we evaluated the anti-oxidant and anti-malarial activities of n-hexane, chloroform, methanolic extracts with different polarities, and the most potent VLC fractions of the bulbs of M. inconstrictum. Furthermore, the chemical components of the liquid essential oil, the potent anti-oxidant fractions, and the strongest fraction in the anti-malarial assay were identified by the GC-MS. Furthermore, other preliminary phytochemical tests were performed for confirmation of the existence of several structural groups.. According to obtained results (Table 1), chloroform extract with RC50 value of 0.046 ± 0.005 mg/mL was the most potent anti-oxidant extract and methanolic (RC50 = 0.028 ± 0.002 mg/mL), 80% ethyl acetate/n-hexane (RC50: 0.034 ± 0.005 mg/mL), and 100% ethyl acetate/n-hexane (RC50 = 0.038 ± 0.007 mg/mL) VLC fractions of chloroform extract were the strongest fractions, in the order of their appearance. In comparison, ...
Anti-diabetic Activity Of Polyherbal Formulation Containing Some Bitter Plant Constituents In Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats
The present study was aimed to evaluate the anti diabetic activity of polyherbal formulation containing some bitter plant constituents like neem, methi, karela fruit, amla , jamun seeds, kavat fruit in
Preliminary phytochemical screening and evaluation of antibacterial activity of Dichrocepala integrifolia (L.f) O. kuntze - ...
Conclusion and Recommendation: In general the antimicrobial activity of the plant observed here support the tradition therapeutic claim of the society. Further study should be conducted in further evaluating its antimicrobial effectiveness and also purification of the active chemical constituents that could be responsible for its biological activity.. Key words: Antibacterial activity, phytochemical screening, disc diffusion, broth dilution, Dichrocepala integrifolia ...
Estimation of total phenolic and flavonoid content of polyherbal formulation dashang lepa - ABIM - An Annotated Bibliography...
Ashish, Soni, S.J. Gupta, Amit Kumar, Y.B. Tripathi (2014) Estimation of total phenolic and flavonoid content of polyherbal formulation dashang lepa. [Publication] Full text not available from this repository ...
Natural Plants Sell Offers from Natural Plants Suppliers, Manufacturers, Wholesalers & Traders
View Natural Plants Sell Offers by Natural Plants suppliers, manufacturers, traders & wholesalers from across the globe to give you maximum opportunity to grow your business with TradeKey.com
Therapeutic properties of DNA-based fibroblast and dendritic cell vaccines in mice with squamous carcinoma<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Therapeutic properties of DNA-based fibroblast and dendritic cell vaccines in mice with squamous carcinoma. AU - O-Sullivan, Insug. AU - Kim, Tae Sung. AU - Chopra, Amla. AU - Cohen, Edward P.. PY - 2006/3. Y1 - 2006/3. N2 - Background: Dendritic cells (DC) express class I/II MHC-determinants and co-stimulatory molecules required for T cell activation. In a mouse model of squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), we compared the immunogenic properties of allogeneic DNA-based fibroblast vaccines, which are taken up and processed by DC of the host, and syngeneic DNA-based DC vaccines, which present antigens directly. The incentive was the important practical advantages of using fibroblasts rather than DC in generating vaccines for the immunotherapy of SCC. Materials and Methods: The fibroblast vaccine was prepared by transfer of genomic DNA-fragments (25 kb) from relatively small numbers (107=64 mm3 tumor) of SCCVII/SF cells into LM cells, a mouse fibroblast cell line (H-2k). SCCVII/SF cells ...
Assessment of VAC-3S Therapeutic Properties When Combined With Standard ART in the Course of HIV-1 Infection | AIDSinfo
ClinicalTrials.gov summary of Assessment of VAC-3S Therapeutic Properties When Combined With Standard ART in the Course of HIV-1 Infection
Phospholipid Complex Technique for Superior Bioavailability of Phytoconstituents - Semantic Scholar
Phytoconstituents have been utilized as medicines for thousands of years, yet their application is limited owing to major hurdles like deficit lipid solubility, large molecular size and degradation in the gastric environment of gut. Recently, phospholipid-complex technique has unveiled in addressing these stumbling blocks either by enhancing the solubilizing capacity or its potentiating ability to pass through the biological membranes and it also protects the active herbal components from degradation. Hence, this phospholipid-complex-technique can enable researchers to deliver the phytoconstituents into systemic circulation by using certain conventional dosage forms like tablets and capsules. This review highlights the unique property of phospholipids in drug delivery, their role as adjuvant in health benefits, and their application in the herbal medicine systems to improve the bioavailability of active herbal components. Also we summarize the prerequisites for phytosomes preparation like the selection
What is it? / Essiac / Herbal products / CAM-Cancer
According to Renée Caisse, an English miners wife had received the recipe for Essiac from a Native Ojibwa Indian medicine man, and had cured her breast cancer with this treatment. Renée Caisse, who worked at the Bracebridge Cancer Clinic in Ontario, Canada from 1935 to 1941, treated cancer patients with Essiac herbal tea for 50 years.. In 1938, concerns about the use of Essiac were raised, after evidence of one reported death and one report of toxicity after Essiac tea injections emerged4,5. In 1941, the Bracebridge Cancer Clinic was closed following a request by the Canadian authorities. Between 1959 and 1978 Caisse worked with Dr Charles Armao Brusch, director of the Brusch Medical Clinic in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the US, to modify the original recipe and promote the use of Essiac. After carrying out some laboratory studies on mice, four further herbs were added to the recipe (see above) to improve the healing action and taste of Essiac. In 1977 Mrs Caisse sold the original Essiac ...
Contemporary Phytomedicines - Amritpal Singh Saroya - 9781315349947 - Schweitzer Online
The term phytomedicine was coined by French physician Henri Leclerc in 1913. Till recently phytomedicine has remained in the background. But due to emerging challenges to the conventional pharmaceutical industry (cost effectiveness and potency of the drugs), phytomedicine has made a dramatic comeback. Phytomedicine has witnessed several changes and several new concepts have been introduced. Phytomedicine, although, a separate discipline, is strongly linked to Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology.As the title suggests the book is an attempt to bridge the gap between fundamental and emerging concepts in this field of medicine. The book has been divided into two parts. Part A deals with core issues of the phyto-pharmaceutical drug industry. The book begins with an introductory chapter dealing with basic definitions with phytomedicine. Chapters 2-5 narrate emerging subjects such as Phytopharmacovigilance, Phytopharmacoeconomics, Phytopharmacoepidemiology and Phytopharmacogenomics. Chapter 6 discusses ethical
Natural Herbal Plant Extract,Natural Plant Extract Manufacturer,Supplier
AMSAR PVT. LTD. - Manufacturer,Supplier,Exporter of Natural Plant Extract from India. We offer wide range of Natural Herbal Plant Extract at a reasonable price.
Natural Plants Sellers, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Exporters
Search fuzing.com for natural plants. Browse to find natural plants sellers, suppliers, wholesalers, companies, manufacturers, exporters, factories.
Plant Extract | Plant Extract Manufacturer | Plant Extract Supplier | Plant Extract Experts | Natural Plant Extracts...
Natural Plant Extracts - Herbal extracts manufacturer, pure herbs supplier, herbal extracts China, pure herbal extracts, herbal extracts supplier, herbal extracts manufacturers, herb extracts manufacturer, pure herbal extracts, medicinal herb extracts, herbal extracts manufacturer, pure herb extracts, liquid herbal extracts, medicinal herbal extracts, herbal medicines, herbal extract manufacturer, herbal medicine raw supplier, plant supplier,Vegetable Extract,Fruit Extract,Mushroom Extract,Spices Powder,atural plant extracts exporters, herbal extraction plant exporters, powder manufacturing plant suppliers,chinese natural herbs from China,we have built trust with our customers the same way we produce our herbal extracts with responsible social and environmental policies, meticulous attention to detail and ethical business practices.Our competence lies in manufacturing herbal veterinary products, standardized herbal extracts, and herbal supplements.
Broccoli Powder-Plant Extract | Plant Extract Manufacturer | Plant Extract Supplier | Plant Extract Experts | Natural Plant...
Natural Plant Extracts - Herbal extracts manufacturer, pure herbs supplier, herbal extracts China, pure herbal extracts, herbal extracts supplier, herbal extracts manufacturers, herb extracts manufacturer, pure herbal extracts, medicinal herb extracts, herbal extracts manufacturer, pure herb extracts, liquid herbal extracts, medicinal herbal extracts, herbal medicines, herbal extract manufacturer, herbal medicine raw supplier, plant supplier,Vegetable Extract,Fruit Extract,Mushroom Extract,Spices Powder,atural plant extracts exporters, herbal extraction plant exporters, powder manufacturing plant suppliers,chinese natural herbs from China,we have built trust with our customers the same way we produce our herbal extracts with responsible social and environmental policies, meticulous attention to detail and ethical business practices.Our competence lies in manufacturing herbal veterinary products, standardized herbal extracts, and herbal supplements.
Phytomedicine is primarily a therapy-oriented Journal. Phytomedicine publishes innovative studies on efficacy, safety, quality and mechanisms of...
Antioxidant properties of natural plant extracts containing polyphenolic compounds in cooked ground beef - GeoScience.net
Ahn, J.; Grun, I.U.; Fernando, L.N., 2002: Antioxidant properties of natural plant extracts containing polyphenolic compounds in cooked ground beef
Active principle financial definition of active principle
Definition of active principle in the Financial Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is active principle? Meaning of active principle as a finance term. What does active principle mean in finance?
Biologic Activities of Lysimachiae Herba II-Analgesic and antiinflammatory effects of ethyl acetate fraction and a phenyl...
The methanolic extract of Lysimachiae christinae Herba, which has been used for diuretic, calculi remover and jaundice remedy in oriental countries, was found to possess analgesic and antiinflammatory effect in Freunds complete adjuvant treated rat. From ethyl acetate fraction of the herb a phenyl ...
Anti-inflammatory Effects on 80% Ethanol Extract and Ethyl Acetate Fraction of Acrosorium yendoi Yamada in Murine Macrophage...
Anti-inflammatory Effects on 80% Ethanol Extract and Ethyl Acetate Fraction of Acrosorium yendoi Yamada in Murine Macrophage RAW 264.7 Cells;kpubs;kpubs.org
Pharmacological basis for the medicinal use of polyherbal formulation and its ingredients in cardiovascular disorders using...
Administration of POL4 to rats caused a dose-dependent (1-100 mg/kg) fall in mean arterial pressure (MAP) with maximum effect of 85.33 ± 1.76% at 100 mg/kg, similar to the effect of verapamil. All ingredients of POL4 also decreased blood pressure with varying efficacy in following order Ns.Cr ≅ Ci.Cr > Tfg.Cr > Gs.Cr. In rat aortic preparations, POL4 and its ingredients inhibited K(+) (80 mM)-induced contractions, Ci.Cr was the most potent followed by Ns.Cr > Tfg.Cr > Gs.Cr ≅ POL4. Against phenylephrine (P.E) contractions, Ci.Cr and Tfg.Cr exhibited complete relaxation, while POL4.Cr, Gs.Cr and Ns.Cr showed vasomodulatory effect. The Ca(++) antagonist activity was confirmed when POL4 and its ingredients shifted Ca(++) concentrations-response curves to the right in a manner similar to that of verapamil. On baseline of rat aorta, the parent formulation and its ingredients (except Tfg.Cr) exhibited partially phentolamine (1 μM)-sensitive vasoconstriction.. CONCLUSION ...
OPUS Würzburg | Search
Background: According to only a handful of historical sources, Osmunda regalis, the royal fern, has been used already in the middle age as an anti-cancer remedy. To examine this ancient cancer cure, an ethanolic extract of the roots was prepared and analysed in vitro on its effectiveness against head and neck cancer cell lines. Methods: Proliferation inhibition was measured with the MTT assay. Invasion inhibition was tested in a spheroid-based 3-D migration assay on different extracellular matrix surfaces. Corresponding changes in gene expression were analysed by qRT-PCR array. Induction of apoptosis was measured by fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS) with the Annexin V binding method. The plant extract was analysed by preliminary phytochemical tests, liquid chromatography/mass spectroscopy (LC-MS) and thin layer chromatography (TLC). Anti-angiogenetic activity was determined by the tube formation assay. Results: O. regalis extract revealed a growth inhibiting effect on the head and neck ...
UBBIO] PREMIUM PROPOLIS 2430 120 SOFTGEL CAPS | Onlynewzealand
DIRECTION Take one or two capsules daily as a dietary food supplement or as professionally advised. INGREDIENTSPropolis Dry Extract (6:1)………….........……….400mg Equiv. to Fresh Propolis Dry Extract... 2,430mg CAUTIONS During pregnancy or lactation, consult a healthcare practitioner before use. Discontinue use if unusual symptoms occur. Keep out of reach of children. STORAGE Keep it sealed and store in a dry & cool place.Do not take if cap ring or seal under is broken or missing. PRODUCT DETAILKey Features & Benefits: Propolis is a natural mixture produced by honey bees from a few substances they collect from plants and this contains therapeutic properties that they use it not only to protect the beehives but also to treat all kinds of unwanted health conditions. It has therapeutic properties known as FLAVONOID that protects and treat from degenerative disease and unwanted health conditions. Propolis is widely used in dentistry and various researches have been carried
Natural plants that are used for abortion - Acai Berry Select and Weight Loss - Jan 25, 2018
Natural plants that are used for abortion - Herbal abortion helps African women | EurekAlert! Science News. How Does Acai Berry Select Help with Your Health and Weight Loss?
natural plant extract golden mint molecule
natural plant extract golden mint molecule_All Natural Ingredients AvedaNaturally Derived We define naturally derived ingredients to be those for which more than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non petro
BIOACTIVE COMPOUNDS IN PHYTOMEDICINE
Youve just read an article category Pharmacology and Toxicology by title BIOACTIVE COMPOUNDS IN PHYTOMEDICINE. You can bookmark this page URL http://www.openaccessbooks.com/2013/01/bioactive-compounds-in-phytomedicine.html. Thank you ...
100% Natural Plant Extract Broccoli Powder
IMAHERB BIOTECH is one of the professional and credible High Quality Natural 100% Natural Plant Extract Broccoli Powder manufacturers, who is dedicated to produce the top quality organic products which is of great benefits to customers. If you want to know how to buy such products, welcome to contact us and we will offer you the best price.
Hyperglycemic Patients Benefit from a Natural Plant Extract
Italian researchers found that patients with borderline hyperglycemia who took Pycnogenol, a natural plant extract, showed a significant improvement in the
Thoroughwax: therapeutic properties and contraindications. - Health Tips
With such a composition, therapeutic thoroughwax has a number of contraindications.It is absolutely not suitable for patients with ulcer disease and gastric acidity.. If people have allergies, it can be used only after thoroughwax consult a physician and under his supervision.Organism allergic person can not perceive the chemical composition of plants, which will cause great shock.. Also it is contraindicated in pregnant women and nursing mothers.Reaction pregnant at this plant is unpredictable due to a number of hormonal changes in the body.The child who is fed breast milk, may respond to receiving mother thoroughwax allergic reaction.. ...
Balance Naturals Plant Protein
SCIENCEBalance Naturals Plant Protein is a natural, gluten free and vegan friendly smooth blend of pea protein, organic brown rice protein concentrate, chia protein and sachi inchi powder. With the inclusion of essential BCAAs, glutamine and dige
Pala-Tech Pala-ZYMES Granules For Dogs & Cats l Natural Plant Digestive Enzymes | Medi-Vet
Pala-Tech Pala-ZYMES Granules is a comprehensive and completely balanced formulation of 14 high quality, natural plant enzymes. Pala-ZYMES will provide digestive enzymes to completely digest and deliver all the nutrients in a diet on a cellular level.
AllAboutFeed - Natural plant extracts can reduce dairy farm odours and feed costs
Adding natural plant extracts to cow feed can reduce levels of gas emmissions by one-third while also reducing the need to fortify cow feed with expensive protein supplements. This is according to scientists at the recent 242nd National Meeting of Exposition of the American Cemical Society (ACS).
Wastewater Odor Control Natural Plant Extracts Help to Remove Smell Manufacturers and Suppliers China - Factory Price -...
Buy the high quality and highly effective wastewater odor control natural plant extracts help to remove smell with reasonable price from Cleanwater Chemicals. Our factory has advanced technology and equipment at your service. Should you are interested in it, welcome to get the free sample from us.
what are the benefits of natural plants
what are the benefits of natural plants_5 Benefits of Houseplants | Bayer Advanced5 Benefits of Houseplants When you embellish interior spac5 Benefits of Houseplants | Bayer Advanced5 Benefits of Houseplants When you embellish interior spac
Muscle Nation | 100% Natural Plant Based Protein | MVMNT LMTD
Muscle Nations 100% Natural Plant Based Protein taste amazing! It has a very smooth & creamy texture with 20g of Protein per serve. It is Low Carb, Low Fat & more!
Muscle Nation 100% Natural Plant Protein | TopDog Nutrition
Muscle Nation 100% Natural Plant Protein has an Amazing Taste! Perfect in the morning or as a snack anytime to keep you full, satisfied and reduce cravings.
Quality Assurance and Quality Control for African Natural Plant Products from the Ground Up
yTrolox equivalent antioxidant capacity, mg Trolox/g tea (Trolox is a water soluble analogue of vitamin E).. Problems were identified that would limit the availability or acceptability of African bush teas and recommendations for the solution were developed. Numerous field trips were taken to educate and train participating farmers in the Republic of South Africa on how to propagate, harvest, dry, and send products to potential customers, based on the established methods. Information was disseminated regarding total microbial counts or methods of avoiding contaminations during harvesting, processing, and packaging of the products. Lack of well-trained African partners who understand the issues of quality and standards for the preparation of the raw material from the ground up was another problem that was identified during this work. In addition, the participants in the program were able to learn by participation in the construction of the basic standard operation procedures (SOPs) for tracking ...
Influenza Management With Polyherbal Formulation - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
At least 1 each of the following general and respiratory symptoms associated with influenza is present with a severity of moderate or greater: i. General symptoms (headache, feverishness or chills, muscle or joint pain, or fatigue) ii. Respiratory symptoms (cough, sore throat, or nasal congestion) Rapid diagnostic test, PCR, or viral culture positive for influenza in the 96 hours prior to first ...
Phytomedicine ~ BIOSCIENCE EDUCATION
The variability of the constituents in herbs or herbal preparations due to genetic, cultural and environmental factors has made the use of herbal medicines more challenging than it would necessarily have been. For instance, the availability and quality of the raw materials are frequently problematic, the active principles are diverse and may be unknown, and quality of different batches of preparation may be difficult to control and ascertain. In most countries, herbal products are launched into the market without proper scientific evaluation, and without any mandatory safety and toxicological studies. There is no effective machinery to regulate manufacturing practices and quality standards. Consumers can buy herbal products without a prescription and might not recognize the potential hazards in an inferior product. A well-defined and constant composition of the drug is therefore, one of the most important prerequisites for the production of a quality drug. Given the nature of products of plant ...
Anti Diabetes Mellitus Plants Active Principles Mechanisms Of Action And Sustainable Utilization 2017
In Bulgarien anti diabetes mellitus plants active principles mechanisms of action and sustainable utilization 2017 handbook Umfang world plot; tü dossier Partei des Landes. Anfang comments Jahres language; tzte Ankara adulthood Grü ndung der DOST-Partei von Lü tfi Mestan, dem im Zuge der Ereignisse vom 24. November anti diabetes mellitus plants active principles mechanisms of action and sustainable utilization; request Parteichef der DPS.
What Are Terpenes? - CBD Snapshot
For quite some time, CBD isolate was thought to be better because of its high level of purity (up to 99-plus percent). The idea was that you get a higher concentration of CBD in smaller amounts, which makes for a more effective oil. Then in 1998, Israeli researchers discovered something called the entourage effect, a concept referring to the way in which different plant compounds such as cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids work together in such a way that their combined effect is larger than that of each individual compound.. In the context of cannabinoids and terpenes, one way in which these plant compounds work together synergistically is the way that each of these hit different receptors and cellular pathways within the body. Say, for instance, that you are suffering from inflammation, the cannabinoids will interact with the endocannabinoid system as well as various CB1 and CB2 receptors throughout the body; the terpenes will have a different set of targets.. Scientists also found that ...
Most recent papers with the keyword aort | Read by QxMD
Multiple myeloma (MM) is a clonal B-cell malignancy characterized by an accumulation of clonal plasma cells (PC) in the bone marrow (BM) leading to bone destruction and BM failure. Despite recent advances in pharmacological therapy, MM remains a largely incurable pathology. Therefore, novel effective and less toxic agents are urgently necessary. In the last few years, pomegranate has been studied for its potential therapeutic properties including treatment and prevention of cancer. Pomegranate juice (PGJ) contains a number of potential active compounds including organic acids, vitamins, sugars, and phenolic components that are all responsible of the pro-apoptotic effects observed in tumor cell line ...
Avares - Natural Plant Products, Inc.
Avares - Natural Plant Products, Inc.
Screening for Antifungal Activity | SpringerLink
The purpose of antifungal screening is not to define the therapeutic properties of an individual compound, but rather to indicate which of a large number of compounds or samples are worthy of further...
Fabre, B; Geay, B.; Beaufils, P. (1993). "Thiaminase activity in Equisetum arvense and its extracts". Plant Med Phytother. 26: ... Plants For A Future Database. *^ Erna Gunther. 1973. Ethnobotany of western Washington: The knowledge and use of indigenous ... It is unaffected by many herbicides[which?] designed to kill seed plants. However, as E. arvense prefers an ... Extracts and other preparations of E. arvense have served as herbal remedies, with records dating over centuries. ...
The Plant List: A Working List of All Plant Species, retrieved 16 November 2016 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Dirr, ... 1. Extracts (1789). Clark, T. and K.C. Lund. "Presence of the Indole Alkaloid Reserpine in Bignonia Capreolata L." ... see page 1009). USDA plant profile Ask Melinda: Crossvine USDA NRCS. Plant Guide. Crossvine: Bignonia capreolata L. Alwyn H. ... The vine often climbs very high, with leaves only remaining on the uppermost portion of the plant. Crossvine can spread ...
Extracts from the plant are anti-microbial. V. tricolor extract had anti-inflammatory effect in acute inflammation induced ... T. K. Lim (2014). Edible Medicinal and Non Medicinal Plants: Volume 8, Flowers. Springer. p. 815. doi:10.1007/978-94-017-8748-5 ... The plant has no leaf rosette at the base, unlike some other violets, such as Viola hirta. Leaves are, on the contrary, ... Viola tricolor is a small plant of creeping and ramping[a] habit, reaching at most 15 cm in height, with flowers about 1.5 cm ...
von Bibra, Ernst; Ott, Jonathan (1995). Plant Intoxicants: A Classic Text on the Use of Mind-Altering Plants. Inner Traditions ... "AmerMed cocoa extract with 10% theobromine". AmerMed. Retrieved 2008-04-13.. *^ Prance, Ghillean; Nesbitt, Mark (2004). The ... Theobromine, formerly known as xantheose, is a bitter alkaloid of the cacao plant, with the chemical formula C7H8N4O2. It is ... "Theobromine content in plant sources". Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases, United States Department of ...
"Story: Plant extracts - Stinkwood". Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand. Retrieved 24 February 2013. v t e v t e v t e. ... Stinkwood is a dioecious plant, having both male and female plants. It flowers between August and October. The plant was named ...
... a new plant can grow from a fragment of the parent plant), as well as by seed. In mild temperate zones, the stems of the plant ... "Feature extracts - Melissa officinalis". naturalcompounds.com. 2012. Archived from the original on March 10, 2016. Retrieved ... The plant is used to attract bees to make honey. It is also grown and sold as an ornamental plant. The essential oil] is used ... The plant is used to attract bees for honey production. It is grown as an ornamental plant and for its oil (to use in perfumery ...
... juices or extracts. In Mexican restaurants in the US, the beverage is sometimes known simply as Jamaica (Spanish pronunciation ... The planted area is now less than 150 ha (400 acres) annually, planted with two main varieties. Terengganu ... Two varieties are planted in Malaysia - left Terengganu or UMKL-1, right Arab. The varieties produce about 8 t/ha (3.6 short ... The plant is primarily cultivated for the production of bast fibre from the stem. The fibre may be used as a substitute for ...
... juices or extracts. It is very popular in Trinidad and Tobago especially as a seasonal drink during christmas where cinnamon, ... The planted area is now less than 150 ha (400 acres) annually, planted with two main varieties. Terengganu ... Two varieties are planted in Malaysia - left Terengganu or UMKL-1, right Arab. The varieties produce about 8 t/ha (3.6 short ... The plant is primarily cultivated for the production of bast fibre from the stem. The fibre may be used as a substitute for ...
In another study different plant leaf extracts were used to reduce silver ions. It was found that out of Camellia sinensis ( ... Song, Jae Yong; Kim, Beom Soo (2008-04-26). "Rapid biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles using plant leaf extracts". ... A general representation of the synthesis and applications of biogenically synthesized silver nanoparticles using plant extract ... Plants. The reduction of silver ions into silver nanoparticles has also been achieved using geranium leaves. It has been ...
Oleoresins are naturally occurring mixtures of an oil and a resin; they can be extracted from various plants. Other resinous ... Plant resins. Plant resins are valued for the production of varnishes, adhesives, and food glazing agents. They are also ... Rosin is obtained from pines and some other plants, mostly conifers. Plant resins are generally produced as stem secretions ... Plants secrete resins for their protective benefits in response to injury. The resin protects the plant from insects and ...
Four extracts of plants are in commercial use: pyrethrum, rotenone, neem oil, and various essential oils ... Trapp, S.; Croteau, R. (2001). "Defensive Biosynthesis of Resin in Conifers". Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant ... Many organic compounds are produced by plants for the purpose of defending the host plant from predation. A trivial case is ... When insects feed on the plant, they ingest the insecticide. Systemic insecticides produced by transgenic plants are called ...
The plant has a nondescript appearance; unlike many other drug plants, the leaves are non-descript, and without a detectable ... Overall extract potency will depend on the (naturally varying) strength of the untreated leaf used in preparing the extract, as ... The plant grows to well over 1 metre (3 ft) in height, on hollow square stems which tend to break or trail on the ground, with ... They see the plant as an incarnation of the Virgin Mary, and begin the ritual with an invocation to Mary, Saint Peter, the Holy ...
David Sidney Feingold
Xylosyl transfer by asparagus extracts. Sugar nucleotides in the interconversion of sugars of higher plants. The 4- ... Sugar nucleotides in the interconversion of sugars of higher plants. Hassid, W. Z., Neufeld, E. F. and Feingold, D. S. Proc. ... 78:401-406, 1958 Xylosyl transfer by asparagus extracts. Feingold, D. S., neufeld, E. F. and Hassid, W. Z. J. Biol. Chem. 234: ... The structure and properties of levan, a polymer of D-fructose produced by cultures and cell-free extracts of Aerobacter ...
Glossary of cannabis terms
See cannabis edibles and extracts.] cannabis (word) The history of the plant name cannabis. canvas A heavy-duty fabric ... hashish An extracted cannabis product made from resin. [See cannabis edibles and extracts.] hash oil A resin extracted from ... extract 1. Product made from cannabis resin. [See cannabis edibles and extracts.] 2. Process of making edible products or ... taffy An extracted cannabis concentrate product that is doughy or flexible. [See cannabis edibles and extracts.] tax and ...
"The Plant List: A Working List of All Plant Species". Retrieved 30 July 2014. Altervista Flora Italiana, Glebionis coronaria (L ... Extracts from C. coronarium var. spatiosum have been shown to inhibit growth of Lactobacillus casei, a beneficial human ... "The plant is rich in minerals and vitamins with potassium concentrations at 610 mg/100 g and carotene at 3.4 g/100 g in edible ... In addition, the plant contains various antioxidants (in stem, leaf, and root tissues) that have potential long-term benefits ...
Otherwise planting distances are 10 - 15 m. The plant favours a well-drained sandy, lateritic or sandy clay soil. is propagated ... "Selected Herbal Extracts Improve Diabetes Associated Factors in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes." Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences 91 ... As this plant grows in different countries in Soust-East Asia it has a variety of vernacular names. The common names in ... "Medicinal plants used by the villagers of a Sundanese community in West Java, Indonesia." Journal of ethnopharmacology 115.1 ( ...
Apple extract. Colour: plain caramel. Natural plant extracts (including natural caffeine and kola nut extract). citric, ... "Sparkling Cola Drink with Natural Plant Extracts." Pepsi Raw contained naturally sourced ingredients that are free from ...
"Antibacterial activity of some lichen extracts". Journal of Medicinal Plant Research. 60 (3): 281-6. Vartia, K.O. (1973). " ... The water extract of X. parietina has good antiviral activity in vitro, inhibiting the replication of human parainfluenza virus ... Plant, Cell and Environment. 27 (2): 167-176. doi:10.1111/j.1365-3040.2003.01129.x. Ivanova V, Schlegel R, Gräfe U (October ...
"Agathosma serratifolia (Curtis) Spreeth , Plants of the World Online , Kew Science". Plants of the World Online. Retrieved 2021 ... Buchu Herbal Extracts v t e. ... The name Buchu is from the Khoikhoi word for the plant meaning ... In April and May, the plant produces 5-petalled flowers. 'Agathosma' = 'good smell', 'serratifolia' = 'serrate leaved'. This ... "Threatened Species Programme , SANBI Red List of South African Plants". redlist.sanbi.org. Retrieved 2021-04-20. "Hortipedia - ...
Altos Hornos de México
Two steel plants operate in an area of nearly 3,000 acres. AHMSA extracts coal and iron ore. The company has its own coal mines ... Once extracted, the washed coal is shipped by railroad to AHMSA's coke plants. The main source of iron ore is located in ... Altos Hornos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. (AHMSA) is the largest integrated steel plant in Mexico. It has corporate offices in ... was arrested by the Interpol in connection with the 2014 sale of a fertilizer plant to PEMEX, the Mexican-state oil company, on ...
Pierpoint, W. S. (1969). "o-Quinones formed in plant extracts. Their reactions with amino acids and peptides". Biochem. J. 112 ... It is found in all plants because it is a key intermediate in the biosynthesis of lignin, one of the principal components of ... Caffeic acid and related o-diphenols are rapidly oxidized by o-diphenol oxidases in tissue extracts. Caffeate 3,4-dioxygenase ... Caffeic acid and its derivative caffeic acid phenethyl ester (CAPE) are produced in many kinds of plants. ...
Historical source from plants. A tincture is prepared from the root of the pyrethrium (pyrethrum) or pellitory (a number ... Some of the pyrethrin extracts find use as relatively environmentally benign insecticides. ... Jude, "Medicinal and Perfumery Plants and Herbs of Ireland", MH Gill and son, (1933) pp.36 ... of plants in the Chrysanthemum family). It is found growing in Levant and parts of Limerick and Clare in Ireland. The root ...
There are three main methods of extracting the oil from the plant material: *Steam distillation, which produces an essential ... Rose oil (rose otto, attar of rose, attar of roses or rose essence) is the essential oil extracted from the petals of various ... The supercritical fluid CO2 extracts the aromatics from the plant material. ... The extract is subjected to vacuum processing which removes the solvent for re-use. The remaining waxy mass is known as a ...
... mainly plant extracts. Medicines were compiled in books called pharmacopoeias. Crude drugs have been used since prehistory as a ... Culpepper detailed plants and the conditions they could treat. In the 18th century, much of clinical pharmacology was ...
Plant. Processed organic fertilizers include compost, humic acid, amino acids, and seaweed extracts. Other examples are ... Peat, a precursor to coal, offers no nutritional value to the plants, but improves the soil by aeration and absorbing water. It ... In contrast, the majority of fertilizers used in commercial farming are extracted from minerals (e.g., phosphate rock) or ... The main organic fertilizers are, peat, animal wastes (often from slaughter houses), plant wastes from agriculture, and treated ...
白蟻 - 维基百科，自由的百科全书
Plant extract stops termites dead. ABC. 15 November 2005 [8 February 2014]. （原始内容存档于15 June 2009）.. ... Dean, W.R.J.; Milton, S.J. Plant and invertebrate assemblages on old fields in the arid southern Karoo, South Africa. African ... Complementary symbiont contributions to plant decomposition in a fungus-farming termite. Proceedings of the National Academy of ...
Natural products in plant pest management. Oxfordshire, UK Cambridge, MA: CABI. pp. 242-262. ISBN 9781845936716.. ... Compost teas are defined as water extracts leached from composted materials. Compost teas are generally produced from ... Unwanted living plants (or weeds) can be discouraged by covering with mulch/compost. The "microbial pesticides" in compost may ... "The Rapid Compost Method by Robert Raabe, Professor of Plant Pathology, Berkeley" (PDF). Retrieved 21 December 2017.. ...
Therefore, the richer the ecosystem, the richer the plants. (Plants can also take up nutrients from added chemicals, but these ... Compost teas are defined as water extracts leached from composted materials. Compost teas are generally produced from ... Unwanted living plants (or weeds) can be discouraged by covering with mulch/compost. The "microbial pesticides" in compost may ... "The Rapid Compost Method by Robert Raabe, Professor of Plant Pathology, Berkeley" (PDF). Retrieved 21 December 2017.. ...
It is a slow to moderate-growing plant. Plants commence flowering when about 5 - 8 years old. It grows in a wide range of soil ... Its stem bark extract is used in animals for the treatment of Anthrax. The oil we get after the leaves are exposed in sunlight ... Wrightia tinctoria, Pala indigo plant or dyers's oleander, is a flowering plant species in the genus Wrightia found in India, ... Root bark extract is used orally as an antidote for snakebite. Powder of the bark is also used for treatment of kidney stones. ...
Geology of Cameroon
The Djoungo quarry extracts pozzolana. Cameroon has small oil and gas reserves, extracted near Victoria on the north coast, as ... Local cement plants exploit limestone deposits at Figuil and there is some marble close to Bidzar in the north. ...
Liquefied natural gas
Cost of LNG plants. For an extended period of time, design improvements in liquefaction plants and tankers had the effect ... For the purpose of decreasing heating value, nitrogen injecting and extracting butane and propane are proved solutions. ... These plants are typically called LNG Peak Shaving Plants as the purpose is to shave off part of the peak demand from what is ... Small-scale liquefaction plants. Small-scale liquefaction plants are suitable for peakshaving on natural gas pipelines, ...
... because aquatic plants are not as productive as long-lived terrestrial plants such as trees. Ecological trophic pyramids are ... "Organisms usually extract energy in the form of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins. These polymers have a dual role as ... not all plant material is edible and the nutritional quality or antiherbivore defenses of plants (structural and chemical) ... Plants generally have the greatest biomass. Names of trophic categories are shown to the right of the pyramid. Some ecosystems ...
De Smet, Peter A.G.M. (December 1997). "The Role of Plant-Derived Drugs and Herbal Medicines in Healthcare". Drugs. 54 (6): 801 ... Extracted from WHO 2000. *^ IOM Report 2005, pp. 17-19. *^ Zollman, C.; et al. (1999). "What is complementary medicine?". ABC ... Ayurveda stresses the use of plant-based medicines and treatments, with some animal products, and added minerals, including ... includes not just the use of plant products, but may also include the use of animal and mineral products. It is among the ...
Αμινά Γκουρίμπ - Βικιπαίδεια
... burst via release of reactive oxygen species from immune cells by extracts of selected tropical medicinal herbs and food plants ... Gurib-Fakim, A.. Medicinal plants: traditions of yesterday and drugs of tomorrow.. doi:10.1016/j.mam.2005.07.008. ... Gurib-Fakim, A.; Mahomoodally, M. F.. African Flora as Potential Sources of Medicinal Plants : Towards the Chemotherapy of ... Medicinal Plants of the Indian Ocean Islands (2004). *Guide illustré de la Flore de Maurice et des îles de l'Océan Indien (2004 ...
Group 3 element
Cette raison a engagé M. Mosander à donner au nouveau métal le nom de Lantane." (The oxide of cerium, extracted from cerite by ... all coming from tiny amounts taken by plants. Soluble lutetium salts are mildly toxic, but insoluble ones are not. ... He separated it from pitchblende residues left by Marie and Pierre Curie after they had extracted radium. In 1899, Debierne ... Lanthanum is much more common, being the second most abundant rare earth, and in addition to monazite can also be extracted ...
Root respiration, exchange of gases between plant roots and the atmosphere. *Photorespiration, enzymatic combination of RuBP ... Aquatic respiration, animals extracting oxygen from water. *Artificial respiration, the act of simulating respiration, which ...
If you extract that energy, they will slow down like anything else would. --Jayron32 11:59, 2 August 2021 (UTC). Would a oloid ... Plants - berry and juices questions.. Strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries roughly have the same lifespan, they ... similar to hydroelectric power plant? Or would the costs of maintaining the superfluidity be too high? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14 ...
In a glucose-yeast extract broth, K. marxianus grows to produce a ring composed of sediment. A thin pellicle may be formed. In ... It is also a naturally occurring colonist of plants, including corn. ...
They also eat the shoots and leaves of wetland and upland plants, cereal grains, seeds, insects, mollusks, crustaceans, frogs ... which they extract by digging holes in the mud, but these are not available south of Brisbane. ... The nest, which is built by both sexes, is a raised mound of sticks, uprooted grass, and other plant material sited on a small ... The adult diet is omnivorous and includes plant matter, invertebrates and small vertebrates. ...
... oryzae is a harmful pathogen to either plants or animals in the scientific literature. Therefore, Health Canada considers A ... it had been discovered that small amounts of alcohol could be added to sake before pressing to extract aromas and flavors from ...
Sophia informs President Martinez that she believes Thomas intends to steal uranium from a nuclear power plant to open a portal ... In Murmansk, a scientist is extracting the weapon from a frozen body when he accidentally cuts himself and infects himself with ... Special Forces teams take down the Sleepers at the food processing plant and at the engraving bureau. Sean, Vicky, Sterling, ... a food processing plant, the Bureau of Engraving, and Dulles Airport). Martinez presents the cabinet with crucial evidence that ...
Scott F. Gilbert; with a chapter on plant development by Susan R. Singer (2000). Scott F. Gilbert, ed. Developmental Biology ( ...
Potassium compounds are often used as fertilisers:73 as potassium is an important element for plant nutrition. ... Lithium salts have to be extracted from the water of mineral springs, brine pools, and brine deposits. The metal is produced ... Instead, the mining of pollucite ore is the main method of obtaining pure caesium, extracted from the ore mainly by three ... caesium-137 is the principal source of radiation in the zone of alienation around the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. Its ...
To extract and analyze the information contained within, researchers generally have to freeze the feces and grind it up into ... An advantage for a plant in having fruit is that animals will eat the fruit and unknowingly disperse the seed in doing so. This ... "Panda Poop Might Help Turn Plants Into Fuel". News.nationalgeographic.com. 2013-09-10. Retrieved 2013-10-02.. ... Earthworm feces aid in provision of minerals and plant nutrients in an accessible form ...
... is an herbaceous annual plant growing to 3 ft (0.9 m) or more tall. The leaves at the base of the plant are simple, 3⁄8-2 ... N-free extract: 22-28%. Crude fibre: 12-25%. In particular, the anise seeds products should also contain more than 0.2 ... Anise plants grow best in light, fertile, well-drained soil. The seeds should be planted as soon as the ground warms up in ... Anise (/ˈænɪs/; Pimpinella anisum), also called aniseed, is a flowering plant in the family Apiaceae native to the ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Famine Inquiry Commission 1945a, p. Appendix VI, Extracts of Reports from Commissioners and District Officers, pp. 225-27. ... Throughout 1942 and into early 1943, military and political events combined with natural disasters and plant disease to place ... has been recorded in plant pathological literature."[AK] ...
This Medicinal plants-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.. *v ... The extract was once used as a pH indicator. Brownish when neutral, it becomes yellow-reddish under acidic conditions and ... Umberto Quattrocchi (2012). CRC World Dictionary of Medicinal and Poisonous Plants. Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, ... one of concentrated ammonia and one of logwood extract, are placed close enough the NH3 vapours will change the color of the ...
Exner, T; Ahuja, M; Ellwood, L (24 April 2019). "Effect of an activated charcoal product (DOAC Stop™) intended for extracting ... Plants that rely on thermal regeneration of activated carbon have to be of a certain size before it is economically viable to ... Activated carbon is useful for extracting the direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) such as dabigatran, apixaban, rivaroxaban and ... freshwater fish and reef tanks to avoid heavy metal poisoning and excess plant/algal growth. ASTM (D2866 Standard Method test) ...
Constantine Samuel Rafinesque
Indexes Rafinesque's plant names.). *. Rafinesque, Constantine Samuel (1833). Atlantic Journal and Friend of Knowledge. p. 85. ... The latter were based on linguistic data, which he extracted from printed sources, mostly those of travelers. He designated as ... Flannery, Michael A. (1998). "The Medicine and Medicinal Plants of C. S. Rafinesque". Economic Botany. 52 (1): 27-43. doi: ... For a time Rafinesque also worked as secretary to the American consul. During his stay in Sicily, he studied plants and ...
This is from its preference of dried herbs and plant material sometimes used as drugs; e.g. drugstore beetles have been known ... to feed on strychnine, a highly toxic herbal extract. It can also feed on a diverse range of dried foods and spices, as well as ... brown beetle that can be found infesting a wide variety of dried plant products, where it is among the most common non-weevils ...
பூஞ்சையியல் - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
"A phase I/II trial of a polysaccharide extract from Grifola frondosa (Maitake mushroom) in breast cancer patients: ... "Aromatic Plant Species Mentioned in the Holy Qura'n and Ahadith and Their Ethnomedicinal Importance". Pakistan Journal of ...
Blood is then extracted; the serum is separated, purified and freeze-dried. The cytotoxic effect of snake venom is being ... helping to grind up plant matter. Fossil gastroliths have been found associated with both ornithopods and sauropods, ... but several lines of agamas and iguanas have evolved to live wholly or partly on plants. ...
However, the attribution was disputed by reports showing the plant extracts from fresh leaves contained another substance more ... The plant itself is specifically banned in Missouri: "Khat, to include all parts of the plant presently classified botanically ... its seed or extracts.". In California, both the plant itself as well as cathinone, its active component, are illegal. ... The khat plant is known by a variety of names, such as qat and gat in Yemen, qaat and jaad in Somalia, and chat in Ethiopia. ...
Tincture, the often more concentrated plant extracts made in pure grain alcohol, glycerin, or vinegar ... that the word tea is also used to refer to other plants beside the tea plant and to beverages made from these other plants.[ ... Made from a variety of the Sideritis syriaca plant which grows in warm climates above 3,000 feet. Records of its use date back ... While varieties of herbal teas are defined as any plant material for infusion, below is a list of common herbs: *Anise tea, ...
One syrup commonly used in mash, however, is dry or dried malt extract or DME. DME is prepared by mashing malt ... Therefore, some breweries use these plants in the production of beer suitable for people with Celiac disease, either alone or ... Therefore, sugars can be extracted from the barley's own starches simply by soaking the grain in water at a controlled ... Mashing is the act of creating and extracting fermentable and non-fermentable sugars and flavor components from grain by ...
Paul Table 1: Extract in Wort and Beer. *^ Bates, Frederick (1 May 1942). "Polarimetry, Saccharimetry and the Sugars. Table 114 ... beverage plants, wineries, etc. As with any other instruments, NIR and FT-IR instruments can be calibrated against pure sucrose ...
Blevins, Dale G.; Lukaszewski, KM (1998). "Functions of Boron in Plant Nutrition". Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant ... Plants obtain minerals from the soil, and most of the minerals in our diets come directly from plants or indirectly from animal ... Plants get minerals from soil. Most of the minerals in a human diet come from eating plants and animals or from drinking ... "Functions of Boron in Plant Nutrition" (PDF). U.S. Borax Inc. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 March 2009.. ...
Underground coal gasification
In 1940, experimental plants were built in Lysychansk and Tula. After World War II, the Soviet activities culminated in the ... Underground coal gasification converts coal to gas while still in the coal seam (in-situ). Gas is produced and extracted ... UCG product gas is used to fire combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power plants, with some studies suggesting power island ... In South Africa, Eskom (with Ergo Exergy as technology provider) is operating a demonstration plant in preparation for ...
1793 Philadelphia yellow fever epidemic
Drinker, Elizabeth S. (1889). Biddle, Henry D. (ed.). Extracts from the Journal of Elizabeth Drinker, From 1759 to 1807, A.D. ... the poisonous root of a Mexican plant, Ipomoea purga, related to the morning glory, which was dried and powdered before ... Drinker, Elizabeth (1889). Biddle, Henry D. (ed.). Extracts from the Journal of Elizabeth Drinker, From 1759 to 1807, A.D. ...
Naturally-occurring halostachine was first discovered by Syrneva in the halophytic plant Halostachys caspica (now classed as ... and Halostachys caspica extracts have been included as a constituent of certain OTC dietary supplements, but halostachine has ...
Okayama University research: Protection from plant extracts
Plant extracts have long been used for food, cosmetic and medical purposes, from creating drugs to treat serious diseases to ... While a number of plant extracts have been found to exhibit radioprotective ability by scavenging and destroying ROS, most ... Of the three, linalool, which is found in common plants such as ginger, coriander and lavender, showed potent radio protective ... drugs made from these extracts are quite inefficient once they are administered to patients, and some have unpleasant side ...
Plant Extracts as Natural Insecticides | AMNH
We weed-whack, fence, and cover our plants to keep them from rabbits and deer. However, the killers we cannot eva... ... plant-based pesticides that rely on plants natural defenses against insects may not only be effective and inexpensive for ... Using Plant-Based Biofilters to Purify Household Wastewater * An Analysis of the Effects of a Wildfire on the Biodiversity of ... Many plant species produce substances that protect them by killing or repelling the insects that feed on them. For example, the ...
... , Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/mi/plant-extracts/print (accessed 26 ... Plant extracts by Nigel Perry. An infusion of mānuka leaves, to ease stomach complaints, was a traditional Māori herbal ... They used many plants for medicinal purposes. For example, extracts of the bark of the tall forest tree pukatea (Laurelia novae ... A search for new medicines from New Zealand native plants at the University of Canterbury led to the discovery that an extract ...
Smart phone ingredient found in plant extracts
... Reuters ^ , September 7, 2015 Posted on 09/07/2015 8:41:59 PM PDT by ... Scientists in Germany have come up with a method for extracting the precious element germanium from plants.. Di que? Damn, now ... Scientists in Germany have come up with a method for extracting the precious element germanium from plants. The element is a ... Yet although germanium is present in soil all over the world, it is difficult to extract, and most supplies currently come from ...
Wholesale Plant Extracts
... UK trade directory of plant extract products and stocks and closeout supplies - Find and contact UK ... Wholesale UK-Wholesale Products-Wholesale Suppliers-Wholesale Plant Extracts-Plant Extract Suppliers-Trade Leads-My eSources ... Acerola Dry Extract Minimum 17% Natural Vitamin C Spray More details on Coconut Water Powder ...
Ointment With Plant Extracts May Combat Skin Cancer
Scientists have developed an ointment using plant extracts that may be effective in treating melanoma, the most aggressive form ... Beijing: Scientists have developed an ointment using plant extracts that may be effective in treating melanoma, the most ... Scientists have developed an ointment using plant extracts that may be effective in treating melanoma. (Representational image) ... The medication contains an extract of a shrub that is endemic in Chile. The substance affects the viability of the tumour cells ...
How to Extract Fragrances From Plants | eHow
... from plants. Enfleurage, a process that uses fat to absorb the fragrant oils from plants, is a method that requires no special ... There are several different methods of extracting the fragrance, or essential oils, ... Place only the portions of the plant that you will be using for your extraction on the wax paper. If you are extracting ... There are several different methods of extracting the fragrance, or essential oils, from plants. Enfleurage, a process that ...
Potential Properties of Plant Sprout Extracts on Amyloid β
Plant extract trumps nicotine patches to quit smoking | New Scientist
Chemicals, Active / Plant Extracts - HAPPI
Chemicals, Active / Plant Extracts - HAPPI
Activity of selected plant extracts against honey bee pathogen Paenibacillus larvae | SpringerLink
The present study focuses on the antibacterial activity of selected plant extracts against Paenibacillus larvae, the causal ... Two-way ANOVA for extract concentration and plant extract, p values for plant extract ... 2.4 Antibacterial activity of plant extracts. The prepared plant-derived extracts and selected chemicals (pure triterpenoids, ... Our study demonstrates that some plant extracts and plant-derived compounds (such as triterpenoids) have a high potential to ...
Efficacy of two plant extracts against vaginal trichomoniasis. - PubMed - NCBI
Efficacy of two plant extracts against vaginal trichomoniasis.. El-Sherbini GT1, El Gozamy BR, Abdel-Hady NM, Morsy TA. ... Also, natural plant extract purified from (Roman) was in-vitro investigated for its efficacy against T. vaginalis on fresh ... The anti-trichomoniasis vaginalis activity of both P. granatum (in-vitro) and C. molmol (in-vivo) extracts gave promising ...
Microscale investigations of catalase activity in plant extracts
3 Add only the minimum amount of buffer to make the extract. Never use a greater mass of buffer than of plant matter. With a ... Microscale investigations of catalase activity in plant extracts. Class practical. This protocol is adapted with permission ... www.nuffieldfoundation.org/practical-biology/microscale-investigations-catalase-activity-plant-extracts ... Producing the cell extracts may take 20-30 minutes for the class depending on the number of microcentrifuges you have available ...
Plant extracts - Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Nigel Perry, Plant extracts, Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/plant-extracts (accessed 7 ... New Zealand plants. Many New Zealand plants are found nowhere else. Some contain natural chemicals not found in any other ... Plants contain chemicals (in their leaves, berries, bark or other parts) which can have interesting effects. For example, they ... plants.. Māori use. Māori knew that many native plants had healing properties - mashed-up bark from the pukatea tree eased ...
Influence of Nutrients, Bioactive Compounds and Plant Extracts in Liver Diseases - 1st Edition
Bioactive Compounds and Plant Extracts in Liver Diseases - 1st Edition. Print Book. ISBN 9780128164884 ... Plant extracts with putative hepatoprotective activity 14. Plant extracts with putative hepatotoxicity activity. 15. Other ... Influence of Nutrients, Bioactive Compounds and Plant Extracts in Liver Diseases explores the role of plant-based natural ... Influence of Nutrients, Bioactive Compounds and Plant Extracts in Liver Diseases 1st Edition. 0.0 star rating Write a review ...
Molecules | Free Full-Text | Tropical Plant Extracts as Potential Antihyperglycemic Agents
Our study clearly indicated that the antihyperglycemic activity observed in the plant extracts was indeed not due to non- ... Preliminary investigations on 14 plant extracts (obtained by ethanolic and aqueous extraction) identified those having high ... Tropical Plant Extracts as Potential Antihyperglycemic Agents. Thamilvaani Manaharan 1,* , Uma Devi Palanisamy 2 and Cheng Hwee ... Manaharan, T.; Palanisamy, U.D.; Ming, C.H. Tropical Plant Extracts as Potential Antihyperglycemic Agents. Molecules 2012, 17, ...
How to Extract Salt from Plants: 13 Steps (with Pictures)
Extract-Salt-from-Plants-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Extract-Salt-from-Plants-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/bc\/Extract- ... Extract-Salt-from-Plants-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Extract-Salt-from-Plants-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/ac\/Extract- ... Extract-Salt-from-Plants-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Extract-Salt-from-Plants-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4e\/Extract- ... Extract-Salt-from-Plants-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Extract-Salt-from-Plants-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3e\/Extract- ...
United Cannabis: Enriched extracts of plant cannabinoids are inventive
... are novel and inventive because they are directed to never before made liquid formulations of highly enriched extracts of plant ... are novel and inventive because they are directed to never before made liquid formulations of highly enriched extracts of plant ... are novel and inventive because they are directed to never before made liquid formulations of highly enriched extracts of plant ... I recently read Steve Brachmanns article Cannabis Extract Patent Assertion Underscores Issue of Limited Prior Art for ...
Plant extracts offer hope against diabetes and cancer | Swinburne
A new study has shown that traditional Aboriginal and Indian plant extracts could be used to manage diabetes and may also have ... A new study has shown that traditional Aboriginal and Indian plant extracts could be used to manage the disease and may also ... "We found that some of the plant extracts stimulated glucose uptake in fat cells while others reduced fat accumulation in fat ... Among the Indian Ayurvedic plant extracts, Kali musli (Curculigo orchioides) stimulated glucose uptake as well as reduced fat ...
Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity of Medicinal Plant Extracts Produced for Commercial Purpose
Scientists Find Plant Extract to Treat Alcoholism, Cocaine Addiction | Fox News
An extract of the kudzu vine being developed to treat alcoholism may also help treat cocaine addiction, researchers at Gilead ... Scientists Find Plant Extract to Treat Alcoholism, Cocaine Addiction. Published August 23, 2010. Reuters ... An extract of the kudzu vine being developed to treat alcoholism may also help treat cocaine addiction, researchers at Gilead ... CV Therapeutics made a synthetic extract called selective aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 inhibitor or ALDH2i. It carries the ...
PRIME PubMed | Screening of medicinal plant extracts for antioxidant activit
PubMed journal article Screening of medicinal plant extracts for antioxidant activit were found in PRIME PubMed. Download Prime ... Plant Extracts. Plants, Medicinal. Superoxide Dismutase. Pub Type(s). Journal Article. Research Support, Non-U.S. Govt. ... were dose-dependently enhanced in V79-4 cells treated with most of the plant extracts. The extracts of Areca catechu var. ... were dose-dependently enhanced in V79-4 cells treated with most of the plant extracts. The extracts of Areca catechu var. ...
Plant Extracts for Livestock Market Analysis to 2025 with DSM,
... Manghebati, Sabinsa, Herbavita, Etc. - published on openPR.com ... www.upmarketresearch.com/reports/plant-extracts-for-livestock-market-2019. "Plant Extracts for Livestock Market Analysis and ... Plant Extracts for Livestock Market Analysis to 2025 with DSM, Manghebati, Sabinsa, Herbavita, Etc.. 03-19-2019 06:49 PM CET , ... Plant Extracts for Livestock Market research report delivers a close watch on leading competitors with strategic analysis, ...
Plant extract combination may relieve hangover symptoms
A plant extract combination of fruits, leaves, and roots may help to relieve hangover symptoms, according to a large randomised ... A plant extract combination of fruits, leaves, and roots may help to relieve hangover symptoms, according to a large randomised ... The plant extracts included Barbados cherry (Acerola), prickly pear, ginkgo biloba, willow and ginger root. The vitamins and ... The second group of 76 were given a supplement minus the plant extracts, while the third (placebo) group of 69 were given ...
Plant extracts used as growth promoters in broilers
... "plant extracts" and "essential oils" is the method by which they are obtained or extracted. Despite being considered as plant ... ppm oregano extract; CD + 1000 ppm clove extract; CD + 1000 ppm cinnamon extract; and CD + 1000 ppm red pepper extract. The ... In the present experiment, the treatments with plant extracts did not include combinations of different plants, as the aim was ... Plant active principles are chemical compounds present in the entire plant or in specific parts of the plant that confers them ...
The effects of different plant extracts on intestinal cestodes and on trematodes | SpringerLink
PEG/PC extracts were made from coconut, onion, garlic, fig, date tree, chicory, ananas, and cistrose. These... ... Plant Extract Chloroform Extract Liver Fluke Final Host Oral Application These keywords were added by machine and not by the ... Aksu G (2009) Plant extracts in the fight against worms. Diploma thesis, Duesseldorf, GermanyGoogle Scholar ... Fischer K (2007) The effects of plant extracts on worm stages. Diploma thesis, University of DuesseldorfGoogle Scholar ...
Seaweed Extract Natural Plant Growth Promoter Wholesale, Promoter Suppliers - Alibaba
Wholesale Various High Quality Seaweed Extract Natural Plant Growth Promoter Products from Global Seaweed Extract Natural Plant ... Growth Promoter Suppliers and Seaweed Extract Natural Plant Growth Promoter Factory,Importer,Exporter at Alibaba.com. ... Tags: Seaweed Extract Flake 8-15% , Plant Growth Seaweed Extract Flake 8-15% , Promote Plant Growth Seaweed Extract Flake 8-15 ... Tags: Growing Agent Seaweed Extract / Seaweed Extract Natural Plant Growth Promoter , Seaweed Extract For Plants , Refined ...
Banana Plant Extract Could Make Your Ice Cream 'Melt-Proof'
Tiny cellulose fibres extracted from banana plant waste to ice cream could slow the melting process. ... Banana plant extract could be key to a longer-lasting ice cream. ... Banana Plant Extract Could Make Your Ice Cream Melt-Proof ... Banana plant extract could be key to a longer-lasting ice cream. Tiny cellulose fibres extracted from banana plant waste to ice ... Banana plant extract could be key to a longer-lasting ice cream.. For the study, the team extracted cellulose nanofibrils (CNFs ...
Plant Extracts and Xenobiotics. - Rainbow Grocery
Plant Extracts and Xenobiotics.. *Dr. Packs Summary #825. *"Defined Plant Extracts can Protect Human Cells against Combined ... A series of 5 medicinal herbal extracts have been formulated based on past experience with these plants and research. These ... All of the above listed extract combinations were able to prevent toxicity by 1/3 to 1/4 within 1 to 2 days. In general, ... Testing was done to see if these herbal extracts altered the course of toxicity resulting from exposure of cultures of ...
ExtractionMethanol extractsMedicinal plantsCompoundsEfficacyEssential oilsSolventPowderSpeciesHerb2020Water extractsEffect of Plant Extracts2017Antimicrobial activityGlobal Plant ExtractsAqueous extracts2016FlavonoidsBark extractNaturalCannabisSpecific plant extractsDifferent plant extractsProductsSeedsQuercetinGrape Seed ExLiquid2019Epimedium ExtractAntibacterialHerbsActivityLeaf extractsSubstancesBotanical extractsAntioxidantsConstituentsBone resorptionScientistsSupplementationEthanolicOilsActive ingredientChemicalsArtemisiaNorth AmericaDietaryResearchers0.75SoybeanFlower ExtractSyntheticFoundCosmeticPoultryOxidative
- Place only the portions of the plant that you will be using for your extraction on the wax paper. (ehow.com)
- Preliminary investigations on 14 plant extracts (obtained by ethanolic and aqueous extraction) identified those having high antioxidant and a significant total phenolic content. (mdpi.com)
- The Extract-N-Amp Plant PCR Kit offers a novel Extraction Solution that eliminates the need for freezing of plant tissues with liquid nitrogen, mechanical disruption, organic extraction, column DNA purification, or alcohol precipitation. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Genomic DNA is extracted from 0.5 to 0.7 cm plant leaf disks that have been cut with a standard paper punch and simply incubated in Extraction Solution at 95 °C for 10 minutes. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- It is made from whole plant extract processed by Co2 extraction, so it includes the full range of cannbinoids Sativa L Hemp offers.In handy 1mg, 3mg or 5mg tubes, Whole Plant extract CBD Paste is a highly concentrated Buy CBD oil preparation favored by some regular users. (authorstream.com)
- More recently we've seen Cellular Biomimicry, which is a type of extraction that transfers phyto-compounds from their original plant cell environment to a medium ready for use on the skin without stressing or degrading the plant's bio-matrix. (biome.com.au)
- 2. What is the soybean oil solvent extraction of Plant Oil Solvent Extracting Machine? (epier.com)
- LD LD Grain&Oil Machine Co.,Ltd has applied the automatic control system with advancedness, security, reliability into the pretreatment, extraction, refining and fractionation in large oil plants. (evangelicaloutpost.com)
- Kernel Oil Extraction Machine , Palm Kernel Oil Processing Plant Machine Features: Low temperature densely: The main solvent is water and ethanol in the Chinese extracted , if adopt the low extracting and low concentrating, the water extracting is. (phrmg.org)
- A gas chromatography-mass spectrometry method was used to analyze six diethyl ether extracts of two white birch species, black poplar and common aspen buds, as well as n -hexane, diethyl ether, and methanol extracts of young twigs from downy and silver birches. (springer.com)
- The methanol extracts of nine medicinal plants traditionally used in Chinese medicine were screened for antioxidant activity versus resveratrol, which has been shown to protect cells from oxidative damage [Toxicol. (unboundmedicine.com)
- The present study was based on assessments of the antiparasitic activities to determine the efficacies of leaf hexane, chloroform, ethyl acetate, acetone and methanol extracts of Aegle marmelos (Linn. (nih.gov)
- New alternatives for controlling infections have been proposed focusing on the therapeutic properties of medicinal plants and their antimicrobial effects. (hindawi.com)
- As part of her PhD research, Dr Vandana Gulati studied seven Australian Aboriginal medicinal plants and five Indian Ayurvedic plants to determine their anti-diabetic potential. (edu.au)
- Australian medicinal plants are an untapped source and should be further explored as potential treatments for disease," Chair of Swinburne's Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Professor Enzo Palombo, said. (edu.au)
- Many famous extract suppliers were presenting, showcasing the animal and plant extracts, herbal teas, medicinal plants, traditional pharmaceutical raw materials , functional food, health products and cosmetics raw materials and other products. (articlesfactory.com)
- Antibacterial and antifungal activities of Turkish medicinal plants. (degruyter.com)
- Medicinal Plants of China. (degruyter.com)
- WHO Monographs on Selected Medicinal Plants. (wikipedia.org)
- There are a number of documented instances of plants pulling "bad" elements/compounds out of polluted dirt. (freerepublic.com)
- To examine the cause of such disparity, the anti- P. larvae activity of some individual constituents naturally present in plant extract compounds was determined. (springer.com)
- Influence of Nutrients, Bioactive Compounds and Plant Extracts in Liver Diseases explores the role of plant-based natural compounds and the biological effects of these substances as they relate to liver disease, including the most prevalent - hepatitis, cancer and cirrhosis. (elsevier.com)
- The research, published in BMJ Nutrition Prevention & Health , assessed the potential of specific plant extracts, vitamins and minerals, and antioxidant compounds to ease a range of recognised physical and psychological symptoms associated with drinking alcohol. (nutraingredients.com)
- The first group of 69 participants were given a supplement containing the plant extracts, vitamins and minerals, and additional antioxidant compounds - steviol glycosides and inulin. (nutraingredients.com)
- Polyphenol and flavonoid compounds in each of the five plant extracts have been associated with curbing the physiological impact of alcohol in previously published experimental studies, explain the researchers. (nutraingredients.com)
- Plant active principles are chemical compounds present in the entire plant or in specific parts of the plant that confers them therapeutic activity or beneficial effects (Martins et al . (scielo.br)
- These compounds are produced by the plants for defense against external factors, such as physiological stress, environmental factors, and protection against predators and pathogens (Huyghebaert, 2003). (scielo.br)
- We will grow most of the plants and use biochemistry to isolate the bioactive compounds," said Raskin, professor of plant science at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and associate director of the new NIH center. (rxpgnews.com)
- We will determine which chemical compounds in the plants have therapeutic potential and, with the assistance of the LSU Agricultural Center, learn how to best grow them to produce the highest concentrations of the compounds. (rxpgnews.com)
- This allows for the full plant profile of water-soluble or oil-soluble phyto-compounds, as they exist in nature. (biome.com.au)
- These benefits are being credited to the 100+ cannabinoids - chemical compounds existing naturally in the cannabis plant. (mippin.com)
- In order to meet customers' research needs, our company also provides over 600 plant extracts, most of which are high-purity monomer plant compounds and reference substance. (hfcletter.com)
- Efficacy of two plant extracts against vaginal trichomoniasis. (nih.gov)
- Also, natural plant extract purified from (Roman) was in-vitro investigated for its efficacy against T. vaginalis on fresh Diamond media. (nih.gov)
- Two experiments were carried out to assess the efficacy of plant extracts as alternatives for antimicrobial growth promoters in broiler diets. (scielo.br)
- Strassen B (2007) Cocos nucifera Investigations on the efficacy of extracts on parasites. (springer.com)
- Brevail is one-of-a-kind natural plant extract supported by university research for safety and efficacy in women. (kroger.com)
- To develop combination therapies to improve TRAIL efficacy and/or to overcome the resistant mechanism, we screened 138 medicinal plant extracts against TRAIL-sensitive and -insensitive TNBC cell lines, MDA-MB-231 and MDA-MB-468. (spandidos-publications.com)
- The role of Bioactive Dietary Factors and Plant Extracts in Preventive Dermatology provides current and concise scientific appraisal of the efficacy of foods, nutrients, herbs, and dietary supplements in preventing dermal damage and cancer as well as improving skin health. (google.co.in)
- This is the first report of anti-SARS-CoV-2 efficacy of hot water extracts of a wide variety of cultivars of A. annua sourced from four continents," says Pamela Weathers and colleagues. (news-medical.net)
- Although the hot water extracts were effective, antiviral efficacy was inversely correlated with artemisinin and total flavonoid contents. (news-medical.net)
- Thus, this study confirms the efficacy of some plant extracts as natural antimicrobials and suggests the possibility of employing them in drugs for treatment of infectious diseases caused by the test pathogens. (scialert.net)
- Plant extracts have long been used for food, cosmetic and medical purposes, from creating drugs to treat serious diseases to essential oils for relaxation and stress-relief. (prweb.com)
- There are several different methods of extracting the fragrance, or essential oils, from plants. (ehow.com)
- As a natural remedy essential oils of different plants were examined. (springer.com)
- 2017 ). Extracts of this natural antimicrobial bee product demonstrated lower (as a rule, an order of magnitude) MIC values in tests with P. larvae than essential oils. (springer.com)
- The main difference between the terms "plant extracts" and "essential oils" is the method by which they are obtained or extracted. (scielo.br)
- The essential oils of the plants were also analyzed for their antioxidant properties. (mdpi.com)
- Antibacterial properties of plant essential oils. (degruyter.com)
- Chemicals called essential oils are believed to have evolved in plants mainly as a defense against insects. (lsuagcenter.com)
- Touch the leaves of plants like rosemary or mint, and you will smell the essential oils designed by nature. (lsuagcenter.com)
- Bio-gen's latest innovations to be offered by Biesterfeld include an odorless garlic extract, Garlixir, and solvent-free extracts such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which are marketed under the trade names Lute-gen and Zea-gen. (chemanager-online.com)
- 3. DTDC for Plant Extract Ginger Oil with ISO, CE: usd to separate the solvent from the wet meal. (ipras.org)
- 4. Miscella tank 1st evaporation for Plant Extract Ginger Oil with ISO, CE: pump the miscella (oil with solvent) in to the miscella 1st , then add saline water to it. (ipras.org)
- 5. Miscella tank 2nd evaporation for Plant Extract Ginger Oil with ISO, CE: the purified miscella will be pumped into it, and use high temperature steam to let solvent evaporate out. (ipras.org)
- 6. Miscella stripping for Plant Extract Ginger Oil with ISO, CE: it will remove the remaining solvent in miscella. (ipras.org)
- 7. Condensers for Plant Extract Ginger Oil with ISO, CE: to cooling the solvent gas separated from the wet meal and miscella for recycling. (ipras.org)
- The former of Plant Oil Solvent Extracting Machineis generally applied and the latter is mainly used for crude oil which has low acid value, light clour and lustre, and less impurity. (epier.com)
- 1.Ask:What is your guarantee of 20-50Ton good performance canola oil solvent extracting plant? (evangelicaloutpost.com)
- 2.Can you arrange your technicians to install the 20-50Ton good performance canola oil solvent extracting plant for us? (evangelicaloutpost.com)
- Answer:Shandong Leader Machinery Co.,Ltd. can intrust the install 20-50Ton good performance canola oil solvent extracting plant by vedio, email ,picture. (evangelicaloutpost.com)
- Kaempferia Parviflora Extract Powder Black Ginger is a herbaceous plant which belongs to the Zingiberaceae family and is scientifically famous as Kaempferia parviflora. (phrmg.org)
- Soluble Silymarin 40% 70% 80% 98% Milk Thistle Extract Silymarin Powder Product Description: Milk thistle is a thistle of the genus Silybum Adans. (phrmg.org)
- Name of Product: Lutein (Marigold Flower Extract) Part of Used: Tagetes erecta flower Appearance: Reddish orange yellow fine powder Specs Available: 5% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 75%,80% 90% Our Main Products: Andrographitis Extract, Black Cohosh Extract, Blueberry Extract, Craneberry extract, Echinacea Purourea Extract. (greenpeople.org)
- cordata dokudami extract powder Product description Product Name: Houttuynia Cordata Extract Part used: Whole herb Specification: 10:1, 20:1, Customized Appearance: Brown powder Test method: TLC What is Houttuynia Cordata Extract ? (phrmg.org)
- Many plant species produce substances that protect them by killing or repelling the insects that feed on them. (amnh.org)
- Certain plant species have evolved chemicals such as poisons or irritants (for deterring browsing animals), or pigments and scents (for attracting pollinators). (teara.govt.nz)
- Researchers from Swinburne University of Technology identified plant species that could potentially be applied in the management of type 2 diabetes and related complications of weight gain, hypertension and immune suppression. (edu.au)
- 1. A method of treating osteoporosis or conditions related thereof, which are characterized by increased bone resorption in a mammal, which comprises administering to the said mammal a therapeutically effective non-toxic amount of an extract derived from Pinus plant species to decrease bone resorption activity and/or enhancing bone formation capabilities. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 1. A method for treating osteoporosis or other related disorders such as bone loss, bone fracture, glucocorticoid induced osteoporosis, Pagets disease, osteoarthritis, peri-prosthetic osteolysis, cartilage degeneration, osteogenesis imperfecta and the like, which comprises administering to the said mammal an effective non-toxic amount of an extract derived from Cissus plant species. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 8. A comestible comprising at least an extract from Cissus plant species. (freepatentsonline.com)
- The plants are a naturally occurring species, the story stated. (watertechonline.com)
- Taraxacumis a large genus of flowering plants in the family Asteraceae which consists of species commonly known as dandelion. (phrmg.org)
- Achyranthes aspera and A. philoxeroides inhibited parthenium weed germination more than extracts from other species. (cabi.org)
- gallic (16.9 mg L -1 ), caffeic (7.4 mg L -1 ), chromatotropic (63.8 mg L -1 ), p -coumaric (10.5 mg L -1 ), m -coumaric (3.1 mg L -1 ), syringic (9.21 mg L -1 ) and 4 hydroxy-3-methoxy benzoic (118.6 mg L -1 ) acids compared with extracts of the other two species tested. (cabi.org)
- The effect of ethanol, methanol, acetone and water extracts of leaves of 11 plant species, used in the folk medicine, against six antibiotic resistant clinical pathogens was evaluated by the agar-well diffusion method. (scialert.net)
- These herbal extracts are widely used in dietary supplement, functional food, nutritional and health food, food and beverage, herb formula and etc. (opencroquet.org)
- Herb extracts are derived from herbsand are very important for natural or bio pharmaceutical industries. (storify.com)
- The rising awareness among people and high demand of the plant or herb extract are the driving factors of the Plant Extracts Market. (storify.com)
- Our skin thrives under minimally processed, close to nature ingredients incorporating fruit, nut, herb and plant extracts. (biome.com.au)
- Researchers in the United States have shown that extracts of an aromatic herb called Artemisia annua inhibit the replication of severe acute respiratory coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) - the agent responsible for the current coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. (news-medical.net)
- boswellic acid Boswellia Serrata Whole Herb & Standardized Extract Product details: Product details Product's Name Boswellia Serrata Extract Latin name Boswellin Extract Materials Boswellia serrata Extract Part Dry gum rosin Active Principle Boswellic. (phrmg.org)
- Changsha Staherb Natural Ingredients Co., Ltd., a good supplier of professional herb extracts, especially those with high purity and standardized production process. (hfcletter.com)
- The Plant Extracts Market dealswith the demand and supply of the plant extracts in various industries,production and scope of utilization of these extracts during 2015-2020. (storify.com)
- The rise in ancient medical treatment methods will boost the plant extracts industry through 2020. (storify.com)
- The Plant Extracts Market is rapidly growing market with rise in demand for natural essence and plant oriented ingredients for medical and consumption purpose across the globe during 2015-2020. (storify.com)
- As of 2020[update], there is insufficient scientific evidence that saw palmetto extract is effective for treating cancer or BPH and its symptoms. (wikipedia.org)
- In this study, mixtures of allelopathic water extracts of sorghum + sunflower and sorghum + sunflower + mulberry were sprayed each at 12, 15, 18 and 21 L ha-1 at 40 and 55 days after sowing in wheat to control wild oats ( Avena fatua ), little seed canary grass ( Phalaris minor ), lamb's quarters ( Chenopodium album ) and swine cress ( Coronopus didymus ). (scielo.br)
- Mixture of sorghum + sunflower + mulberry water extracts each at 18 L ha-1 applied at 40+55 DAS resulted in an 87.14% decrease in total weed dry matter with a 19.5% increase in grain yield of wheat and higher net benefits of Rs. (scielo.br)
- Based on this study, it can be suggested that the use of allelopathic plant water extracts in a mixture may act as a potential weed control strategy in wheat. (scielo.br)
- Furthermore, Spearman's Rho analysis showed that neither IC50 nor IC90 values of the hot-water extracts correlated with artemisinin or total flavonoid content. (news-medical.net)
Effect of Plant Extracts1
- Although many reviews on the antioxidant-mediated, neuroprotective effect of plant extracts and phytochemicals on PD symptoms have been well-highlighted, the antioxidant mechanisms show limited success for translation to clinical studies. (frontiersin.org)
- Tsagkarakis, A. and Margiotoudis, A. (2017) Foliar Applications with Plant-Derived Extracts Control Pistachio Psyllid, Agonoscena pistaciae . (scirp.org)
- DecisionDatabases.com announces a new report "2017-2022 Global Top Countries Plant Extracts Market Report" added to its database. (comunicati.net)
- This report provides the detailed analysis of worldwide markets for Plant Extracts from 2012-2017 and provides extensive market forecasts (2018-2022) by region/country and subsectors. (webnewswire.com)
Global Plant Extracts5
- Global Plant Extracts Industry 2016 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. (pitchengine.com)
- Up Market Research recently introduced new title on "Global Plant Extracts for Livestock Market 2019-2025 Report" that provides an in-depth overview of industry and competitive landscape, covering multiple market segments and elaborates market outlook and status to 2025. (openpr.com)
- The market research intelligence report on title Global Plant Extracts Market provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics and a forward-looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining industry growth. (webnewswire.com)
- An exhaustive study has been carried out on the key players operating in the Global Plant Extracts Market. (webnewswire.com)
- 1) To analyze and research the global Plant Extracts status and future forecast involving, production, revenue, consumption, historical and forecast. (webnewswire.com)
- Exploring herbicidal potential of aqueous extracts of some herbaceous plants against parthenium weed. (cabi.org)
- To assess the phytotoxic potential of Achyranthes aspera , Alternanthera philoxeroides , Datura metel and Rumex dentatus against Parthenium hysterophorus , 5% (w/v on dry weight basis) aqueous extracts from root, stem, leaf, flower and whole plant were tested through a Petri plate-based germination and pot-cultured seedling bioassays. (cabi.org)
- The aqueous extracts of A. aspera and A. philoxeroides contained higher concentrations of phenolics viz. (cabi.org)
- In conclusion, aqueous extracts of A. discoridis leaves exhibited the highest potency against all pathogens tested. (scialert.net)
- Mizue Okada and Yoshinori Okada, "Potential Properties of Plant Sprout Extracts on Amyloid β ," Biochemistry Research International , vol. 2016, Article ID 9347468, 11 pages, 2016. (hindawi.com)
- One 2016 review of clinical studies with a standardized extract of saw palmetto (called Permixon) found that the extract was safe and may be effective for relieving BPH-induced urinary symptoms compared against a placebo. (wikipedia.org)
- Rather, these claims are of varying scope and recite specific numerical percentages directed to highly purified extracts containing terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN), tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCa) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDa). (ipwatchdog.com)
- ProAlexin TM Nutrient Synergist and Agrispray TM (Phyto Innovative Products Ltd, Middlesbrough, UK) are mixtures of citrus and palm ingredients (citrus extract, demineralised water, citric acid, glycerine and palm oil extract), rich in flavonoids and ascorbic acid. (scirp.org)
- Now, researchers at Columbia University in New York, the University of Washington, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute have demonstrated that hot-water leaf A. annua extracts based on artemisinin, total flavonoids, or dry leaf mass show antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2. (news-medical.net)
- Yohimbe bark extract contains approximately 6% indole alkaloids, of which 10-15% is yohimbine. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Organic, plant-based pesticides that rely on plants' natural defenses against insects may not only be effective and inexpensive for protecting crops, but also safer and more environmentally friendly. (amnh.org)
- It is possible to create effective, natural insecticides from these substances to protect crops that, unlike wild plants, may have lost their capability through cultivation to cope with pests. (amnh.org)
- One of the first New Zealand natural plant products to be used commercially was kauri gum, a resin that oozes from kauri trees ( Agathis australis ), which grow in the far north. (teara.govt.nz)
- Some contain natural chemicals not found in any other plants. (teara.govt.nz)
- Also, the rising awareness and trends of using cosmetics with natural ingredients and free-from cosmetics are driving the plant extracts market in cosmetics application. (marketsandmarkets.com)
- In recent years, the traditional export markets of the U.S plant extracts step into the stage of stable development, annual market growth rate is about 5%, in Spain, Mexico and other emerging market for the demand of plant extracts, especially the natural pigment is increasing a lot. (articlesfactory.com)
- In 2012, the unanimous choice of the "Natural Extracts Area" as a major highlight of the 12th CPHI worldwide China exhibition, strong attack at the Shanghai New International Expo Center again. (articlesfactory.com)
- In 2012 the natural extracts Area was expanded to the entire E3 Pavilion, brought together nearly 300 internationally renowned enterprises in the industry. (articlesfactory.com)
- Unlike in the past, many enterprises is not only regarded the area as platform to show the products, even standing higher than the previous point, use lofty ideas, innovative technology and strategic vision to look at this natural extract feast seriously, in order to further expand their own brand and open up new ways to market. (articlesfactory.com)
- As the natural plant extract supplier take the mission of producing "green and healthy" raw materials, many companies have the spirit of "health career, people-oriented" lofty concept in their careers. (articlesfactory.com)
- With citizens' groups seeking government regulation of foul-smelling ammonia emissions from large dairy farms, scientists reported that adding natural plant extracts to cow feed can reduce levels of the gas by one-third while reducing the need to fortify cow feed with expensive protein supplements. (eponline.com)
- Coconut extract and coconut oil are widely used in natural skin and body care, and it's easy to see why. (biome.com.au)
- Research suggests that our bodies use natural plant lignans, now sparse in the modern diet, to safely and gently buffer and balance excess estrogens. (kroger.com)
- Italian researchers found that patients with borderline hyperglycemia who took Pycnogenol, a natural plant extract, showed a significant improvement in their endothelial functions and a reduction in oxidative stress and fasting glucose levels. (diabetesincontrol.com)
- Tests are under way to determine if the plant can be used as a natural repellent against termite invasions into homes by planting them as a hedge. (lsuagcenter.com)
- Plant extracts and herbal extracts are isolated from natural plants, herbs, vegetables and fruits. (prlog.org)
- HPLC / Clinical Data Natural Plant Extract Broccoli Seed Extract Glucoraphanin 13% What is Broccoli? (phrmg.org)
- Our researching, production and marketing team is formed by the professional staffs who love extracting and separating natural ingredients, and have rich experience in extracting and separating natural ingredients. (ccnmag.com)
- I recently read Steve Brachmann's article Cannabis Extract Patent Assertion Underscores Issue of Limited Prior Art for Marijuana Inventions . (ipwatchdog.com)
- The products were generated from a 30-cycle duplex reaction containing primers specific to plant chloroplast (upper band) and primers specific to Cannabis sativa DNA (lower band). (sigmaaldrich.com)
- As you probably already know, cannabis is a very versatile plant, and lately, it's been associated with various health benefits including relief from chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and even some cancer treatment symptoms. (mippin.com)
- To benefit from cannabis plants, these cannabinoids need to be extracted and processed into various products such as oils , edibles, tinctures, etc. (mippin.com)
- There are several ways of extracting cannabis oil from the plant. (mippin.com)
- During this time, ethanol strips off cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. (mippin.com)
- The method involves the use of pressurized CO2 gas to strip cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. (mippin.com)
- NBC's Kristen Dahlgren goes inside Colorado's first licensed cannabis research facility to see how CBD is extracted. (today.com)
- A groundbreaking study from Israel has documented the superior therapeutic properties of whole plant CBD-rich Cannabis extract as compared to synthetic, single-molecule cannabidiol (CBD). (cannabisculture.com)
Specific plant extracts1
- The identification of specific plant extracts and phytochemicals that target α-syn aggregation will provide selective molecules to develop new drugs for PD. (frontiersin.org)
Different plant extracts1
- Gold nanoparticles (GNPs) were prepared using four different plant extracts as reducing and stabilizing agents. (dovepress.com)
- This could be explained due to the phytoalexins that these products elicit, which are part of the plant mechanism against insect herbivores. (scirp.org)
- Extract-N-Amp products are Sigma Advanced Technology certified. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- The demand for plant extracts is significantly increasing due to factors such as rising awareness regarding the side-effects of synthetic products and health benefits offered by phytomedicines and herbal extracts. (marketsandmarkets.com)
- Phytomedicines & herbal extracts are majorly used in pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements in the form of capsules and tablets and also in cosmetic products. (marketsandmarkets.com)
- The plant extracts market, based on application, is segmented into pharmaceuticals & dietary supplements, food & beverages, cosmetics, and other which includes personal care products and toiletries. (marketsandmarkets.com)
- This latest agreement follows another in March when Biesterfeld Spezialchemie announced co-operations with Prod'hyg and Sytheon in Spain and Portugal for plant extracts and products used in the personal care industry. (chemanager-online.com)
- Headquartered in Houdan, France, Prod'hyg manufactures specialty oleochemical products and plant extracts, while US-based Sytheon offers cosmetic active ingredients with multifunctional properties. (chemanager-online.com)
- Plant products as antimicrobial agents. (degruyter.com)
- At present, our main products are Astragaloside IV (extracted from Astragalus root), Cycloastragenol, 4'-hydroxy-3'methoxyIsoflavone-7-sug, etc. (ccnmag.com)
- The combination of saw palmetto extract with estrogen products should be used with caution. (wikipedia.org)
- The procedure can be used to show differences in activity in imbibed and germinating seeds and in damaged or decaying plant material. (nuffieldfoundation.org)
- These extracts are derived from leaves,roots, seeds, flowers or any part of the plant. (storify.com)
- Plant extracts are generally powered or liquid derivatives extracted from various parts of plants including seeds, leaves, bark, flowers and many others. (storify.com)
- 5. A method according to claim 1 wherein, the plant extracts are extracted from leaves, seeds, roots, stems, flowers, or various combinations thereof but preferably the seed of the plant. (freepatentsonline.com)
- It is used for both cold and hot oil extrusion process from a wide range of oil plants such as peanuts, rapeseed, cotton seeds and copra and so on. (epier.com)
- Grow Burpee's Tomato Seeds and Plants in your home garden. (kidzworld.co.za)
- Scientists have found that a plant pigment called quercetin - found in some fruits, vegetables, herbs and grains - could help to prevent the damage to nerves associated with the childhood form of motor neuron disease. (eurekalert.org)
- Sophora Japonica Extract Extracting Chemicals From Plants Quercetin 98% What is Quercetin? (phrmg.org)
Grape Seed Ex1
- 2012). The incidence of free radical-induced lipid peroxidation and inhibited the accumulation of oxidative DNA damages in the central nervous tissue of aging rats reduced by grape seed extract (Balu et al . (ukessays.com)
- T]he '911 patent claims are novel and inventive because they are directed to never before made liquid formulations of highly enriched extracts of plant cannabinoids. (ipwatchdog.com)
- Honeydew is a sugar-rich sticky liquid, secreted by insects feed on plant sap. (scirp.org)
- The liquid fertilizer made from seaweed can be applied in the form of a foliar spray, which plants absorb through their leaves. (gardenguides.com)
- liquid seaweed extract to 1 gallon of water. (gardenguides.com)
- Do not rinse, but allow the plant to soak up the nutrient rich liquid. (gardenguides.com)
- Use the liquid fertilizer once every two months for house plants and potted plants. (gardenguides.com)
- The high pressure transforms the gas into a liquid, which is then passed through the plant material. (mippin.com)
- We make, export and supply of Stevia Extract Liquid Herbal Sweetener Drops in Sunam, Punjab, India. (tradeindia.com)
- Disclosed herein are extracts of mammalian omentum, wherein the liquid portion such an oil is extracted by heating the omentum to a temperature of between 210 and 240 degrees Fahrenheit. (cosmeticsandtoiletries.com)
- The leaves are then pressed mechanically to squeeze and extract liquid. (wikipedia.org)
- The report contains basic, secondary and advanced information pertaining to the Plant Extracts for Livestock Market global status and trend, market size, share, growth, trends analysis, segment and forecasts from 2019 - 2025. (openpr.com)
- The report for Plant Extracts for Livestock Market analysis & forecast 2019- 2025 is segmented into Product Segment, Application Segment & Major players. (openpr.com)
- Plant Extracts for Livestock Market Analysis and Forecast 2019- 2025" report helps the clients to take business decisions and to understand strategies of major players in the industry. (openpr.com)
- To understand the future outlook and prospects for Plant Extracts for Livestock Market analysis and forecast 2019- 2025. (openpr.com)
- According to MarketsandMarkets analysis, the plant extracts market is estimated to be valued at USD 23.7 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 59.4 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 16.5% from 2019 to 2025. (marketsandmarkets.com)
- 2019 Hot industrial Extracting oil from plants Basket Centrifuge equipment Machine Introduction: The PPTD centrifuge is top discharging, hermetic closure type equipment. (phrmg.org)
- Epimedium Extract, Feverfew Extract. (greenpeople.org)
- The present study focuses on the antibacterial activity of selected plant extracts against Paenibacillus larvae , the causal agent of American foulbrood disease of honey bees. (springer.com)
- Antibacterial properties of Helianthemum glomeratum, a plant used in Maya traditional medicine to treat diarrhoea. (degruyter.com)
- Assessment of antibacterial properties and the active ingredient of plant extracts and its effect on the performance of crucian carp (Carassius auratus gibelio var. (wiley.com)
- BACKGROUND: In this study, the antibacterial properties and active ingredient of plant extracts and its effect on the performance of crucian carp ( Carassius auratus gibelio var. (wiley.com)
- RESULTS: The transmission electron microscopy and flow cytometric analysis showed that the antibacterial activity of plant extracts is due to the disruption of the cell membrane and the leakage of cytoplasmic contents. (wiley.com)
- Nevertheless, the anticandidal MIC and MMC values are higher than antibacterial values suggesting that C . albicans is less sensitive to plant leaf extracts. (scialert.net)
- The antimicrobial effects of spices, herbs and extracts from these and other food plants. (degruyter.com)
- Of the three, linalool, which is found in common plants such as ginger, coriander and lavender, showed potent radio protective activity, with 80 per cent of cells remaining viable after exposure to radiation. (prweb.com)
- The anti-trichomoniasis vaginalis activity of both P. granatum (in-vitro) and C. molmol (in-vivo) extracts gave promising results. (nih.gov)
- Different plant materials show very different amounts of catalase activity - and the most metabolically active tissues show the greatest activity. (nuffieldfoundation.org)
- Cytotoxic activity of plant extracts was determined using brine shrimp lethality test ( Artemia salina L.). Lethal Dose concentration (LD 50 values) of the plant extracts was calculated. (hindawi.com)
- Our study clearly indicated that the antihyperglycemic activity observed in the plant extracts was indeed not due to non-specific tannin absorption. (mdpi.com)
- She also investigated the potential anti-cancer activity of the extracts in two cancerous cell lines. (edu.au)
- Furthermore, extracts of Witchetty bush and Dead finish also showed strong activity against cervical cancer cells. (edu.au)
- Screening of medicinal plant extracts for antioxidant activity. (unboundmedicine.com)
- Relatively high levels of 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical scavenging activity were detected in extracts of Areca catechu var. (unboundmedicine.com)
- TY - JOUR T1 - Screening of medicinal plant extracts for antioxidant activity. (unboundmedicine.com)
- These extracts were tested in vivo and in vitro on their anthelmintic activity against cestodes ( Hymenolepis diminuta, H. microstoma, Taenia taeniaeformis ) and trematodes ( Fasciola hepatica, Echinostoma caproni ). (springer.com)
- Hukkeri VI, Kalyani GA, Hatpaki BC, Manvi FV (1993) In vitro anthelminthic activity of aqueous extract of fruit rind of Punica granatum . (springer.com)
- The present study is the first report on the veterinary parasitic activity of plant extracts from Southern India. (nih.gov)
- The main objective of this study was the screening of some selected aromatic plants very popular in Greece, with respect to their total phenolic content, antioxidant capacity, reducing activity, and oxidative stability. (mdpi.com)
- The plant extracts in the block have an positive impact on ruminant metabolism through appetite stimulation and the continuous support of rumen and liver activity. (allaboutfeed.net)
- The extracts have been screened and characterized for their activity in the treatment of increased bone resorption and bone formation, osteoporosis in particular. (freepatentsonline.com)
- b) Determining the effect of the test extract on bone resorption activity of the osteoclast cells indicative of the extract being useful for the treatment of an osteoporotic disorders. (freepatentsonline.com)
- We herein report the TRAIL modulatory activity by these identified extracts and their mechanisms of action. (spandidos-publications.com)
- The extracts of L. nobilis, D. coryophyllum, J. oxycedrus and C. arborescens showed higher inhibitory activity against the yeast C. albicans and the fungus A. niger than the standard antifungal nystatin. (degruyter.com)
- Klebsiella pneumoniae , Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes , Bacillus subtilus, and the yeast Candida albicans .the results showed an inhibitory effect of the methanol extract on both the growth and activity of the tested microbes .this was reflected by the minimum inhibitory concentration ( MIC ) of different type of bacteria and the yeast. (doaj.org)
- All extracts demonstrated anti-SARS-CoV-2 activity. (news-medical.net)
- Half of the leaf extracts were stored at 4 °C (recommended storage conditions) and the other half at 37 °C (accelerated storage). (sigmaaldrich.com)
- An equal volume of Dilution Solution is added to the extract to neutralize inhibitory substances prior to PCR. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- J. Mark Powell described the results of three studies undertaken to determine how adding plant substances called "tannins" to cow feed affects the emission of ammonia from dairy barn floors and farm fields fertilized with mixtures of cow manure and urine. (eponline.com)
- But compared with the glucose only supplement, those taking the full supplement of plant extracts, minerals/vitamins, and antioxidants reported less severe symptoms. (nutraingredients.com)
- The leaves segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR because leaves of many plants, including rosemary, aloe vera, basil, thyme, clove leaves are highly rich in antioxidants and also offer anti-microbial properties. (marketsandmarkets.com)
- The Folin-Ciocalteu method proved the existence of antioxidants in the aromatic plant extracts. (mdpi.com)
- Finally, active ingredients in the plant extract that might be involved in the formation of GNPs are proposed, based on experiments with pure antioxidants that are known to exist in that plant. (dovepress.com)
- The present invention further relates to extracts which are isolated from different parts of Cissus quadrangularis plant, the preparation of such extracts, the medicaments containing said extracts, and the use of these extracts and constituents for the preparation of a medicament. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Fragrant plant oil whose active constituents are found in the leaves and the oil obtained from. (paulaschoice.com)
- The invention further relates to the use of the extracts as a supplement or a medicament useful in the treatment/alleviation or prevention of diseases or conditions characterized by increased bone resorption and a method of promoting bone growth, maintenance of bone health, comprising the administration of an therapeutically effective amount of the composition containing the extract. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 7. A method according to claim 6, wherein the extracts Pp_Se_Et - 01 and Pp_Se_Ac - 02 possess an inhibitory effect on bone resorption. (freepatentsonline.com)
- The invention relates to compositions and methods for preventing, treating, or managing osteoporosis or conditions which are characterized by increased bone resorption, comprising administration of a prophylactically and therapeutically effective amount of Cissus quadrangularis plant or extracts thereof to a mammal in need of such therapy. (freepatentsonline.com)
- HIRSCHFELD, GERMANY - Scientists in Germany have come up with a method for extracting the precious element germanium from plants. (freerepublic.com)
- Scientists have developed an ointment using plant extracts that may be effective in treating melanoma. (ndtv.com)
- Scientists have developed an ointment using plant extracts that may be effective in treating melanoma, the most aggressive form of skin cancer. (ndtv.com)
- In a fly model of Parkinson's disease, scientists discovered the extracts also extended the lifespan of flies whose brains were overloaded with a gummy protein implicated in Parkinson's disease called alpha-synuclein. (voanews.com)
- Rutgers University plant scientists are truly into something hot. (rxpgnews.com)
- An $8 million, five-year botanical research grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will enable Rutgers plant scientists to collaborate with Pennington researchers in forming the NIH Center for Botanicals and Metabolic Syndrome, one of five newly funded NIH dietary supplement research centers. (rxpgnews.com)
- In a paper published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology the scientists explained how this plant extract works and how effective it is. (eurasiareview.com)
- The AgCenter scientists also were able to extract and identify from the roots several other components especially active in the repelling and killing of termites. (lsuagcenter.com)
- The effect of dietary thyme-oil extract (TOE) supplementation on immune functions of broilers were assessed by feeding graded levels (50, 100, 200, or 400 ppm) of TOE to male broiler chicks during a 42-d feeding trial compared with negative- or positive-control diets. (nih.gov)
- Bioactive Dietary Factors and Plant Extracts in Preventive Dermatology brings together expert clinicians and researchers working on the different aspects of supplementation, foods, and plant extracts and nutrition and skin health. (google.co.in)
- The minimum inhibition concentration (MIC) of the M. piperita, L. nobilis and J. oxycedrus ethanolic extracts was 5 mg/mL for all the microorganisms tested. (degruyter.com)
- Enfleurage, a process that uses fat to absorb the fragrant oils from plants, is a method that requires no special equipment and can be performed at home. (ehow.com)
- 5.Honeysuckle Flower Extract can be used as anti-infectious active ingredient. (hfcletter.com)
- Why study plant chemicals? (teara.govt.nz)
- Poisonous plants may also contain chemicals new to science. (teara.govt.nz)
- Plants contain chemicals (in their leaves, berries, bark or other parts) which can have interesting effects. (teara.govt.nz)
- The research team is working with a company that extracts the chemicals for commercial use as "fountain of youth" preparations. (voanews.com)
- Tannins also are a key part of the diets of cattle, sheep and goats in tropical areas where vegetation tends to be naturally higher in the astringent plant chemicals. (eponline.com)
- Among the tested extracts, 5 extracts (Uvaria dac, Artemisia vulgaris, Cortia depressa, Dichasia bengalensis and Cinnamomum obtusifolium) were found to activate TRAIL effects in TRAIL-sensitive TNBC MDA-MB-231 cells and to overcome unresponsiveness in TRAIL-insensitive TNBC MDA-MB-468 cells. (spandidos-publications.com)
- The North America is currently leading the Plant Extracts Market with high utilization of various plant extracts in pharmaceuticals and cosmetic industry. (storify.com)
- Further studies are needed to ascertain their potential effects and safety in preclinical studies for pharmaceutical/nutritional development of these phytochemicals or dietary inclusion of the plant extracts in PD treatment. (frontiersin.org)
- Saw palmetto extract is commonly sold as a dietary supplement intended to improve symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)-also called prostate gland enlargement-which is a common condition during aging in men. (wikipedia.org)
- By isolating the active chemical in poisonous plants, researchers can work on remedies, treatments or possible beneficial effects of a poison. (teara.govt.nz)
- An extract of the kudzu vine being developed to treat alcoholism may also help treat cocaine addiction, researchers at Gilead Sciences Inc reported on Sunday. (foxnews.com)
- A plant extract combination of fruits, leaves, and roots may help to relieve hangover symptoms, according to a large randomised double-blind placebo-controlled intervention study by researchers from Johannes Gutenberg-University, in Germany. (nutraingredients.com)
- No significant difference in any symptom was reported by those taking the supplement minus the plant extracts, suggesting that plant extracts were largely responsible for the observed changes, say the researchers. (nutraingredients.com)
- According to the researchers, the findings of the study suggest that tiny cellulose fibres extracted from banana plant waste to ice cream could slow the melting process which could possibly increase the shelf life of ice cream. (ndtv.com)
- A plant extract used for centuries in traditional medicine in Nigeria could form the basis of a new drug to treat Alzheimer's disease, researchers at The University of Nottingham have found. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- Researchers and drug companies are racing to discover new treatments for these disorders and have begun looking to plant extracts as a potential source of novel drugs. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- The extracts, said researchers, appeared to replace the harmful sticky clumps with deposits that were less toxic. (voanews.com)
- Researchers at the University of Malta and the National Center of Scientific Research at the University of Bordeaux tested the plants' chemical extracts on Brewer's yeast with beta amyloid deposits, similar to those seen in Alzheimer's disease. (voanews.com)
- At this facility, researchers collaborating with Rutgers colleagues will investigate whether plant extracts can cut risk factors for heart disease, stroke, diabetes or other serious illnesses. (rxpgnews.com)
- Center researchers will study the effects of plant extracts on metabolic syndrome, a collection of risk factors that predispose a person to potentially life-threatening disorders. (rxpgnews.com)
- Fighting hay fever with a plant extract - this works, as was shown in a clinical study conducted by researchers of the Center of Allergy & Environment (ZAUM) of Helmholtz Zentrum München and Technische Universität München. (eurasiareview.com)
- In the late 1990s, a Louisiana entrepreneur, Don Heumann, and his wife, Judy, brought vetiver plants to the attention of LSU AgCenter researchers, who found that a major substance - vetivone - was well-known to be the major insect-repelling chemical in vetiver grass extracts. (lsuagcenter.com)
- The researchers tested the effects of extracts from seven A. annua cultivars sourced from four different continents on SARS-CoV-2 propagated in Vero E6 cells. (news-medical.net)
- The researchers also found that the extracts had minimal antiviral effects against pseudoviruses containing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein - the main structure the virus uses to bind to and enter host cells. (news-medical.net)
- The specific biofilm formation index (SBF) was evaluated before and after the addition of plant extracts (MBC × 0.75). (hindawi.com)
- b.crushing machine for Soybean Oil Plant: soybean is crushed into 6-8 pieces. (ipras.org)
- Softening process for Soybean Oil Plant:the purpose of softening is to adjust the moisture and temperature of oil, and make it soft. (ipras.org)
- d.flaking process for Soybean Oil Plant: rolling raw material into flakes, and the purpose is to increae surface area, destroy the soybean cell tissue, shorten the way of oil out from cake. (ipras.org)
- e:Extrusion for Soybean Oil Plant:through high temperature and high pressure, soybean flakes are transfered into expanded pellet, which is easy to extract oil from, and keep high nutritive value. (ipras.org)
- 1.Honeysuckle Flower Extract is good for kidney. (hfcletter.com)
- 2.Honeysuckle Flower Extract has wide anti-virus, anti-bacteria effect. (hfcletter.com)
- 3.Honeysuckle Flower Extract has relatively lower toxicity and side-effects. (hfcletter.com)
- 4.Honeysuckle Flower Extract has anti-hypertensive effect, anti-tumor effect. (hfcletter.com)
- 6.Honeysuckle Flower Extract can also lower the risk of blood pressure and miscarriage. (hfcletter.com)
- 7.Honeysuckle Flower Extract can enhance immune function and also is widely used in anti-oxidation, anti-aging, anti-aging musculoskeletal. (hfcletter.com)
- CV Therapeutics made a synthetic extract called selective aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 inhibitor or ALDH2i. (foxnews.com)
- The phytomedicines & herbal extracts segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR as they offer multiple health benefits without any adverse effects when compared to synthetic drugs. (marketsandmarkets.com)
- There is no need to rely on synthetic ingredients with these powerful plants around! (biome.com.au)
- While a number of plant extracts have been found to exhibit radioprotective ability by scavenging and destroying ROS, most drugs made from these extracts are quite inefficient once they are administered to patients, and some have unpleasant side effects such as severe nausea and acute hypertension. (prweb.com)
- The long isolation has seen the evolution of diverse plants, many of them endemic to New Zealand (found nowhere else). (teara.govt.nz)
- Many New Zealand plants are found nowhere else. (teara.govt.nz)
- We found that some of the plant extracts stimulated glucose uptake in fat cells while others reduced fat accumulation in fat cells," Dr Gulati said. (edu.au)
- A 2012 Swinburne study looked at how some of these extracts slow down two key enzymes in carbohydrate metabolism which affect blood sugar and diabetes and also found they had an antioxidant effect. (edu.au)
- A chemical found in plants could reduce the symptoms of a rare muscle disease that leaves children with little or no control of their movements. (eurekalert.org)
- The Nottingham study found that the plant was highly effective in preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine but had other beneficial antioxidant properties in fighting free radicals - unstable atoms that can cause damage to cells and contribute to ageing and disease, damage that may be exacerbated in Alzheimer's disease. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- WASHINGTON - Extracts from plants found in abundance in and around the Mediterranean eventually may be used to help treat people with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. (voanews.com)
- The same trial found a 7.3 % increase in water consumption attributed to the extract, and no effect on rumen pH or ammonia level. (allaboutfeed.net)
- Also, the meta analyses found parity between the extracts and positive (Avilamycin-supplemented) controls. (allaboutfeed.net)
- Plant extracts and phytochemicals were found to inhibit the aggregation or fibril formation of oligomers. (frontiersin.org)
- The Yemeni army's naval teams found naval mines which the Houthi militias planted in the Red Sea. (alarabiya.net)
- Evergreen Biotech Inc, located in Xi'an, is a premium manufacturer and supplier of plant extract served to the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry. (opencroquet.org)
- The communications all presented by Dr. Armin Vikari, Product Manager for XTRACT Bioactives, offered a well-balanced combination of new scientific research with Eugenol, Cinnamaldehyde and Capsicum Oleoresin in beef and dairy cattle as well as new nutritional insights in the use of plant extracts in poultry. (allaboutfeed.net)
- These results suggest that the plant extracts prevent oxidative damage in normal cells probably because of their antioxidant characteristics. (unboundmedicine.com)