Women who are physically and mentally abused over an extended period, usually by a husband or other dominant male figure. Characteristics of the battered woman syndrome are helplessness, constant fear, and a perceived inability to escape. (From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 3d ed)
Women's Health Services
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
Health Benefit Plans, Employee
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Prepaid Health Plans
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
A status with BODY WEIGHT that is grossly above the acceptable or desirable weight, usually due to accumulation of excess FATS in the body. The standards may vary with age, sex, genetic or cultural background. In the BODY MASS INDEX, a BMI greater than 30.0 kg/m2 is considered obese, and a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2 is considered morbidly obese (MORBID OBESITY).
European Continental Ancestry Group
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Competitive Medical Plans
Alternative health care delivery mechanisms, such as PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS or other health insurance services or prepaid plans (other than HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS), that meet Medicare qualifications for a risk-sharing contract. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Managed Care Programs
Health insurance plans intended to reduce unnecessary health care costs through a variety of mechanisms, including: economic incentives for physicians and patients to select less costly forms of care; programs for reviewing the medical necessity of specific services; increased beneficiary cost sharing; controls on inpatient admissions and lengths of stay; the establishment of cost-sharing incentives for outpatient surgery; selective contracting with health care providers; and the intensive management of high-cost health care cases. The programs may be provided in a variety of settings, such as HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS and PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
A complex disorder characterized by infertility, HIRSUTISM; OBESITY; and various menstrual disturbances such as OLIGOMENORRHEA; AMENORRHEA; ANOVULATION. Polycystic ovary syndrome is usually associated with bilateral enlarged ovaries studded with atretic follicles, not with cysts. The term, polycystic ovary, is misleading.
Pregnancy Trimester, Third
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
State Health Plans
Interviews as Topic
A complication of PREGNANCY, characterized by a complex of symptoms including maternal HYPERTENSION and PROTEINURIA with or without pathological EDEMA. Symptoms may range between mild and severe. Pre-eclampsia usually occurs after the 20th week of gestation, but may develop before this time in the presence of trophoblastic disease.
The amount of mineral per square centimeter of BONE. This is the definition used in clinical practice. Actual bone density would be expressed in grams per milliliter. It is most frequently measured by X-RAY ABSORPTIOMETRY or TOMOGRAPHY, X RAY COMPUTED. Bone density is an important predictor for OSTEOPOROSIS.
Infectious Disease Transmission, Vertical
Method of charging whereby a physician or other practitioner bills for each encounter or service rendered. In addition to physicians, other health care professionals are reimbursed via this mechanism. Fee-for-service plans contrast with salary, per capita, and prepayment systems, where the payment does not change with the number of services actually used or if none are used. (From Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, 1976)
Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
Compounds that interact with ESTROGEN RECEPTORS in target tissues to bring about the effects similar to those of ESTRADIOL. Estrogens stimulate the female reproductive organs, and the development of secondary female SEX CHARACTERISTICS. Estrogenic chemicals include natural, synthetic, steroidal, or non-steroidal compounds.
Contraceptive Agents, Female
Diabetes mellitus induced by PREGNANCY but resolved at the end of pregnancy. It does not include previously diagnosed diabetics who become pregnant (PREGNANCY IN DIABETICS). Gestational diabetes usually develops in late pregnancy when insulin antagonistic hormones peaks leading to INSULIN RESISTANCE; GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; and HYPERGLYCEMIA.
Analysis of Variance
Radiotherapy Planning, Computer-Assisted
Proportional Hazards Models
Family Planning Services
Behaviors expressed by individuals to protect, maintain or promote their health status. For example, proper diet, and appropriate exercise are activities perceived to influence health status. Life style is closely associated with health behavior and factors influencing life style are socioeconomic, educational, and cultural.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Pregnancy Complications, Parasitic
Sensitivity and Specificity
Measurable and quantifiable biological parameters (e.g., specific enzyme concentration, specific hormone concentration, specific gene phenotype distribution in a population, presence of biological substances) which serve as indices for health- and physiology-related assessments, such as disease risk, psychiatric disorders, environmental exposure and its effects, disease diagnosis, metabolic processes, substance abuse, pregnancy, cell line development, epidemiologic studies, etc.
Pregnancy Trimester, Second
Health Services Accessibility
Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
A malignancy arising in uterine cervical epithelium and confined thereto, representing a continuum of histological changes ranging from well-differentiated CIN 1 (formerly, mild dysplasia) to severe dysplasia/carcinoma in situ, CIN 3. The lesion arises at the squamocolumnar cell junction at the transformation zone of the endocervical canal, with a variable tendency to develop invasive epidermoid carcinoma, a tendency that is enhanced by concomitant human papillomaviral infection. (Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
Early Detection of Cancer
Contraceptives, Oral, Hormonal
Health Maintenance Organizations
Organized systems for providing comprehensive prepaid health care that have five basic attributes: (1) provide care in a defined geographic area; (2) provide or ensure delivery of an agreed-upon set of basic and supplemental health maintenance and treatment services; (3) provide care to a voluntarily enrolled group of persons; (4) require their enrollees to use the services of designated providers; and (5) receive reimbursement through a predetermined, fixed, periodic prepayment made by the enrollee without regard to the degree of services provided. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
A distribution in which a variable is distributed like the sum of the squares of any given independent random variable, each of which has a normal distribution with mean of zero and variance of one. The chi-square test is a statistical test based on comparison of a test statistic to a chi-square distribution. The oldest of these tests are used to detect whether two or more population distributions differ from one another.
An organized and comprehensive program of health care that identifies and reduces a woman's reproductive risks before conception through risk assessment, health promotion, and interventions. Preconception care programs may be designed to include the male partner in providing counseling and educational information in preparation for fatherhood, such as genetic counseling and testing, financial and family planning, etc. This concept is different from PRENATAL CARE, which occurs during pregnancy.
Pregnancy Trimester, First
A family of small, non-enveloped DNA viruses infecting birds and most mammals, especially humans. They are grouped into multiple genera, but the viruses are highly host-species specific and tissue-restricted. They are commonly divided into hundreds of papillomavirus "types", each with specific gene function and gene control regions, despite sequence homology. Human papillomaviruses are found in the genera ALPHAPAPILLOMAVIRUS; BETAPAPILLOMAVIRUS; GAMMAPAPILLOMAVIRUS; and MUPAPILLOMAVIRUS.
Products in capsule, tablet or liquid form that provide dietary ingredients, and that are intended to be taken by mouth to increase the intake of nutrients. Dietary supplements can include macronutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; and/or MICRONUTRIENTS, such as VITAMINS; MINERALS; and PHYTOCHEMICALS.
A noninvasive method for assessing BODY COMPOSITION. It is based on the differential absorption of X-RAYS (or GAMMA RAYS) by different tissues such as bone, fat and other soft tissues. The source of (X-ray or gamma-ray) photon beam is generated either from radioisotopes such as GADOLINIUM 153, IODINE 125, or Americanium 241 which emit GAMMA RAYS in the appropriate range; or from an X-ray tube which produces X-RAYS in the desired range. It is primarily used for quantitating BONE MINERAL CONTENT, especially for the diagnosis of OSTEOPOROSIS, and also in measuring BONE MINERALIZATION.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Pregnancy in which the mother and/or FETUS are at greater than normal risk of MORBIDITY or MORTALITY. Causes include inadequate PRENATAL CARE, previous obstetrical history (ABORTION, SPONTANEOUS), pre-existing maternal disease, pregnancy-induced disease (GESTATIONAL HYPERTENSION), and MULTIPLE PREGNANCY, as well as advanced maternal age above 35.
Severity of Illness Index
Quality of Life
Pregnancy Complications, Hematologic
Deductibles and Coinsurance
Cost-sharing mechanisms that provide for payment by the insured of some portion of covered expenses. Deductibles are the amounts paid by the insured under a health insurance contract before benefits become payable; coinsurance is the provision under which the insured pays part of the medical bill, usually according to a fixed percentage, when benefits become payable.
Genital Diseases, Female
An important aggregate factor in epidemiological studies of women's health. The concept usually includes the number and timing of pregnancies and their outcomes, the incidence of breast feeding, and may include age of menarche and menopause, regularity of menstruation, fertility, gynecological or obstetric problems, or contraceptive usage.
Estrogens, Conjugated (USP)
A pharmaceutical preparation containing a mixture of water-soluble, conjugated estrogens derived wholly or in part from URINE of pregnant mares or synthetically from ESTRONE and EQUILIN. It contains a sodium-salt mixture of estrone sulfate (52-62%) and equilin sulfate (22-30%) with a total of the two between 80-88%. Other concomitant conjugates include 17-alpha-dihydroequilin, 17-alpha-estradiol, and 17-beta-dihydroequilin. The potency of the preparation is expressed in terms of an equivalent quantity of sodium estrone sulfate.
Health Care Surveys
A status with BODY WEIGHT that is above certain standard of acceptable or desirable weight. In the scale of BODY MASS INDEX, overweight is defined as having a BMI of 25.0-29.9 kg/m2. Overweight may or may not be due to increases in body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE), hence overweight does not equal "over fat".
Obstetric Labor, Premature
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
Insurance Selection Bias
Campus of Virginia Tech
"Relocation Plans". Virginia Tech Women's Center. 2004-09-11. Archived from the original on 2004-09-11. Retrieved 2007-04-05. ... In 1949 it was named in honor of Ella Graham Agnew, the first woman to receive a field appointment from the U.S. Department of ... When women were integrated into VPI, it was the first and only women's dormitory and was built on what was then the far corner ... The university plans to first build and occupy a new residence hall near the existing Slusher Hall, then demolish Slusher Hall ...
List of Colorado suffragists
... also Colorado Woman Suffrage Society), formed in 1876. Woman's Christian Temperance Union (WCTU). Young Women's League. Frances ... "Woman's Party Campaign Plans". Eastern Colorado Times. 1916-08-03. p. 6. Retrieved 2021-02-18 - via Newspapers.com. Valeriann, ... Timeline of women's suffrage in Colorado Women's suffrage in Colorado Women's suffrage in states of the United States Women's ... Colored Woman's Suffrage Association. Congressional Union for Woman Suffrage, later the National Woman's Party. Fort Collins ...
Sara MacCormack Algeo
"Rhode Island's Lively Summer Plans". The Woman Citizen. 1: 89. June 30, 1917. "A Woman's Duty to Vote". Newport Daily News. ... Leonard, John W. (1914). Woman's Who's who of America: A Biographical Dictionary of Contemporary Women of the United States and ... "It simply makes me angry through and through to see women as women imposed upon. Not a day passes without some flagrant ... She was chair of the Rhode Island Woman Suffrage Association, co-founder and chair of the Providence Woman Suffrage Party, and ...
Foote, Rick (December 17, 1980). "Butte's first woman senator makes plans". Montana Standard. Retrieved March 11, 2019. Anez, ... She was elected to Montana State Senate District 42 and served from 1981 to 1996, and was the first female Senator serving ... In 2000, Jacobson became the first woman Chief Executive of Butte-Silver Bow in Montana. 1997 Montana Almanc. Co-author with ...
Davis, Chris (September 3, 2008). "Usher Plans to Perform for 'Women Only'". People. Retrieved January 13, 2009. Powers, Ann; ... It alleges that Usher paid the woman's doctor bills and settled a civil suit with her for $1.1 million. Amid the allegations, ... "Jay Z Reveals Plans for Tidal, a Streaming Music Service". The New York Times. March 31, 2015. Retrieved January 17, 2016. " ... Cute, cocky, and way used to fawning females, Usher Raymond is on a limousine ride from Boy to Man. By Andréa Duncan. Vibe. ...
Timeline of protests against Donald Trump
March 8 - A Day Without a Woman, a call for women not to work on International Women's Day. March 10 - Thousands of protesters ... Gonzalez, Maria Cortes (January 12, 2017). "Women's Group Plans Braids Across Border, March". El Paso Times. Retrieved January ... Marina Pitofsky (September 22, 2020). "Women's March planned for October to protest Trump filling Ginsburg's Supreme Court seat ... January 21, Women's Marches - A series of political rallies known as Women's Marches took place in locations around the world. ...
"TOKYOPOP PLANS 'INTERNATIONAL WOMEN OF MANGA' PUSH". ICv2. Retrieved 5 March 2018. "2018 DIAMOND GEM Award Nominees". Newsarama ... Additionally, TOKYOPOP initiated "International Woman of Manga" to showcase female manga writers with the publication of five ... in a genre stereotypically created by women for women, to reach out to a male and gay audience. Early titles published by BLU ... I plan on experimenting with new ways to bring you Asian pop culture. Please keep an open mind - and give feedback (not just ...
"England Women confirm back to training plans". England and Wales Cricket Board. Retrieved 18 June 2020. "England Women return ... She became the youngest woman to take 50 wickets in WT20I cricket, which she achieved in 34 matches. With eight tournament ... "Pakistan Women tour of England, 1st T20I: England Women v Pakistan Women at Bristol, Jul 3, 2016". ESPNcricinfo. Archived from ... On 9 November 2017, she made her Test debut for England women against Australia women in the Women's Ashes. In October 2018, ...
"Six leading women composers to be at Woman's Club meet". The Anniston Star. Anniston, Alabama. 30 Mar 1926. p. 5. Retrieved Apr ... "Woman composers prominent in club federation plans". Evening Star. Washington, District of Columbia. 18 Apr 1926. p. 67. ... This convention announced the beginning of a new plan, the Second Seven Year Plan, by Shoghi Effendi, then head of the religion ... A Montana veterinarian planned to visit her in Milan in April, but missed her. She was probably in Paris at the time near ...
Heather Knight (cricketer)
"England Women confirm back to training plans". England and Wales Cricket Board. Retrieved 18 June 2020. "England Women return ... "First woman to score a ton in all 3 formats: The numbers from Heather Knight's T20 World Cup blitz". Scroll. Retrieved 26 ... "England Women Tour of India 2009/10". Cricinfo.com. Retrieved 8 May 2014. "2nd T20I: Sri Lanka Women v England Women at Colombo ... England v India: Women's World Cup final - live!, The Guardian, 23 July 2017. "Women's cricket rewarded in wake of World Cup ...
Geneva Medical College
"Hobart plans to honor first woman physician". Poughkeepsie Eagle-News. Poughkeepsie, New York. June 15, 1934. "Changing the ... Blackwell was celebrated as the first licensed woman physician in the United States. Within three years, another 20 women ... Blackwell went on to found the New York Infirmary for Women and Children and had a role in the creation of its medical college ... Blackwell graduated two years later, on January 23, 1849, at the head of her class, the first woman in the history of education ...
"Women have plans for Fitchburg 'blank slate'". Retrieved 2018-10-18. Mental health net book review accessed 20 April 2006 BBC ... In a 2003 BBC Woman's Hour radio interview, and in a 2005 article in Child Magazine, Slater spoke about depression during ... Woman's Hour radio interview BBC Mental Health, Drugs & Pregnancy, Woman's Hour, 14 January 2003 Slater, Lauren "The Pregnancy ... pregnancy and the risks to the woman and her baby. Opening Skinner's Box was described by Scott Lilienfeld as "one of the first ...
For vaginal penetration in women, the maximum vaginal penetration can be achieved when the receiving woman lies on her back ... The Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care. 33 (3): 189-93. doi:10.1783/147118907781004831. PMID 17609078.. ... Other women feel deeper pain in the vault of the vagina or deep within the pelvis upon deeper penetration. Some women feel pain ... Some women have always experienced pain with intercourse from their very first attempt. Other women begin to feel pain with ...
Smoking and pregnancy
It is recommended for women planning pregnancy to stop smoking. It is important to examine these effects because smoking before ... than women who have never smoked. That risk only continues to increase the longer into the pregnancy a woman smokes, as well as ... of women reported smoking during the last 3 months of pregnancy. Of women who smoked during the last 3 months of pregnancy, 52 ... Ideally, women should not smoke before, during or after pregnancy. If this is not the case, however, the daily number of ...
If this happens a woman is not protected from pregnancy. Expulsion is more common in younger women, women who have not ... Planned Parenthood offers Mirena as a contraceptive option for breastfeeding women beginning at four weeks postpartum. ... Cramping and pain: many women feel discomfort or pain during and immediately after insertion. Some women may have cramping for ... Special considerations apply to women who plan to breastfeed. If perforation does occur it can damage the internal organs, and ...
Alexandra Feodorovna (Alix of Hesse)
But the beginning of the Great War led them to cancel these plans. By 1917, the four daughters had blossomed into young women.[ ... Alexandra at least was astute enough not to criticise openly the woman she publicly referred to as "Mother dear."[citation ... Afsaneh Najmabadi (2005), Women with mustaches and men without beards: Gender and sexual anxieties of Iranian modernity (PDF), ... Women, enchanted by the healer's crude mystique, also came to Rasputin for more "private blessings" and received a private ...
"Heidi Fleiss gives up on plan for brothel for women". Las Vegas Review-Journal.. ... Stone (1961) about a middle-aged woman and a young gigolo in a tragic tryst. Though less frequent in cinema and in novels, the ... Female sex tourism. Main article: Female sex tourism. Women travel to Southern Europe, the Caribbean Basin, parts of ... There have been reported cases where female clients have been blackmailed by gigolos they visited. Female sex tourism ...
Sia plans to release a new album, Reasonable Woman, in 2021. ... This Is Acting is mostly composed of songs written by Sia with other female pop artists in mind, but the artists did not ... Furler said that she released 1000 Forms of Fear to free herself from her record deal and had planned simply to write for other ... "A Woman on the Verge". The Sunday Times. Archived from the original on 14 January 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2011.. (subscription ...
Maternal healthcare in Texas
"Effect of removal of planned parenthood from the Texas Women's Health Program". New England Journal of Medicine. 374 (9): 853- ... The Task Force is also working toward extending the number of days after delivery to which a woman in the Healthy Texas Women ... Family Planning Services. In the late 1900s, the importance of family planning services captured the attention of ... Family planning organizations reported a 41-92% reduction in clients after the reduction and reallocation of family planning ...
Media of Hong Kong
He also met another woman and planned to have his new life. ... On 19 October 1998, a woman killed her two young children by ...
2018 State of the Union Address
"Female Democrats Plan To Wear Black To Trump's State of the Union Address". HuffPost. Archived from the original on January 24 ... Among those who were named was a police officer who adopted a baby born to a homeless woman addicted to heroin. Ji Seong-ho ... Both shows planned to simulcast the first segment of their live episodes via Facebook Live. CBS also aired a live edition ... "Celebrities Plan 'People's State of the Union' Against Trump". Observer.com. January 29, 2018. Retrieved January 30, 2018.. ...
Migration in China
"Gender, hukou, and the occupational attainment of female migrants in China (1985 - 1990)". Environment and Planning A. 33 (2 ... Gaetano explains that China "understands that a woman should have a life outside of the fields and the kitchen. This awareness ... Gaetano, Arianna (2015). Out to work: Migration, Gender, and the Changing Lives of Rural women in Contemporary China. Univ of ... Gaetano, Arianna (2015). Out to work: Migration, Gender, and the Changing Lives of Rural women in Contemporary China. Univ. of ...
L.A. Woman's follow up album, Other Voices was being planned when Morrison died. The band was hopeful he would return from his ... Unaware that he was the lead singer of the band about to perform, the officer told Morrison and the female to leave, to which ... "L.A. Woman - Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved August 31, 2020.. *^ "New Haven Police Close 'The Doors'; Use of Mace Reported". The ... L.A. Woman and Morrison's death (December 1970 - July 1971). Jim Morrison's grave at the Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris ...
Psychological and/or educational interventions for reducing alcohol consumption in pregnant women and women planning pregnancy ... This difference in effect occurs even when a woman's body weight and consumption of alcohol are the same as that of a man.[ ... Approximately one in five nonpregnant women binge-drinks and one in 25 pregnant women binge-drinks.[clarification needed] ... than women and men are also more likely to develop alcohol dependence than women. People who are homozygous for the ALDH2 gene ...
Ellen Swallow Richards
Women's education. Woman's Laboratory assistant instructor. Mrs. Richards appeared before the Woman's Education ... which led to the creation of the MIT Woman's Laboratory in November 1876. The Institute provided a small building, planned for ... Linda Zierdt-Warshaw (2000). American Women in Technology. ISBN 9781576070727.. *^ Marilyn Bailey Ogilvie (1986). Women in ... She graduated in 1873 and later became its first female instructor. Mrs. Richards was the first woman in America accepted ...
List of Sortilegio characters
To achieve his plans he uses Maria José, to whom he feels attracted. All he wants are women and the benefits you can get from ... An adult woman with her calm and wise wisdom. Played by: Marcelo Córdoba Roberto is a handsome, good manners and is very ... Surprisingly, Bruno shows up and explains her his motives and evil plans. María José refuses to be part of that plan, but Bruno ... He then returns home and is given the news that he has a wife whom he married in secret, a woman named Maria José. Alejandro ...
Likewise she was planning projects to help these women. Interest was enormous. ... Natascha Maria Kampusch (born 17 February 1988) is an Austrian woman who was abducted at the age of 10 on 2 March 1998 and held ... He had apparently planned to commit suicide rather than be caught, having told Kampusch, "they would not catch him alive". ... This money, estimated to some hundred thousand euros, was to be donated to women in Africa and Mexico by Kampusch. ...
... as compared with planned vaginal delivery. In this study, 44% of the women planned for vaginal delivery still ended up ... "US woman gives birth to octuplets". BBC. 27 January 2009. Archived from the original on 27 January 2009.. ... mother's age: women over 35 are more likely to have multiples than younger women ... As preterm birth is such a risk for women with multiple pregnancies, it has been suggested that these women should be ...
The Nightingale ward plan was used, women were on the first floor, the men on the second floor. The building also ... Thomas Fairbairn donated £1,000 towards the cost of the building his wife gave £500, a local woman Mrs Waddington gave £700 to ... There were four towers the tallest 354 feet in height. Waterhouse explained the building's plan: In the plan I submit ... Waterhouse adopted the radial plan of HM Prison Pentonville and showed his plans to its designer Joshua Jebb for his approval. ...
Ma Anand Sheela
Sheela was sent to the Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin, California, for female criminals. While there, she ... "Tough Titties The Fall and Rise of a Controversial Woman of the 80s".. ... announced plans to make a "controversial documentary" about her life. In December 1988, she was released on good behavior ... Reed, Christopher (July 24, 1986). "Sect women gaoled for attempt to kill doctor: Former aide to Indian guru Rajneesh jailed in ...
Planned Parenthood Botches Abortion, Leaves Woman Infertile - LifeNews.com
This practice places women at risk and should not be allowed," said Newman. "We intend to file complaints against the ... Planned Parenthood Botches Abortion, Leaves Woman Infertile. State , Steven Ertelt , Sep 17, 2012 , 4:05PM , Birmingham, AL ... A Planned Parenthood clinic in Birmingham, Alabama faces a lawsuit for negligence for a botched abortion that left a woman ... Clark was not informed of this nor is there a record of her receiving any follow-up care from Umoren or Planned Parenthood. ...
Planned Parenthood Is Crucial for Immigrant Women - Women's eNews
The reason is simple; a womans need for medical treatment is a basic human right. Equity should determine a womans need for ... Planned Parenthood Is Crucial for Immigrant Women. The current controversy over fetal tissue research has clouded the work this ... We need policymakers who, when looking at Planned Parenthood, see it as a primary way for women with no other options to ... Appropriate, legal and accessible health care is available to all women, regardless of immigration status, at Planned ...
Baptist Leaders Plan to Cut Ties With Georgia Church With Female Pastor - ABC News
The Druid Hills Baptist Church in Atlanta is standing behind its female co-pastor, the Rev. Mimi Walker, even though Georgia ... "Theyve taken the stand that they appreciate our ministry as co-pastors but they would also be open to looking at a woman ... Baptist Leaders Plan to Cut Ties With Georgia Church With Female Pastor. Rev. Mimi Walker said shes saddened by Baptist ... Its a meeting the Walkers plan to attend.. "Its not that we want to fight it as much as we are supposed to have a right ... ...
Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic in Houston Rushes Woman to Hospital - LifeNews.com
"As Planned Parenthood continues to injure women at an astounding rate, it is making our case for tighter clinic regulations," ... Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic in Houston Rushes Woman to Hospital. State , Cheryl Sullenger , Aug 15, 2013 , 12:25PM , ... View the Houston Planned Parenthoods profile page at AbortionDocs.org.. LifeNews.com Note: Cheryl Sullenger is a leader of ... As a result of the new laws, women will be spared and babies will be saved as we see abortion clinics close that cannot ...
5 Things A Woman Should Bear In Mind While Planning Her Finances
Women should plan their finances well enough so that they may not remain dependent on others for accomplishing their financial ... 5 things a woman should bear in mind while planning her finances. Women should plan their finances well enough so that they may ... Plan for a longer retirement. What if a woman lives more than her spouse? In such case, it becomes important for women to be In ... Should understand the concept of financial planning. Women should explore the financial world and plan their finances well ...
Planned Parenthood's Crazy Claim: Romney Puts Women's Lives at Risk - LifeNews.com
... another way Planned Parenthood does 391 abortions for every adoption referral it makes and almost 11 abortions for every woman ... as the abortion business helped 40,489 women in 2009 - meaning almost 10,000 fewer women received prenatal support from Planned ... Planned Parenthoods Crazy Claim: Romney Puts Womens Lives at Risk. Politics , Steven Ertelt , May 21, 2012 , 6:27PM , ... Planned Parenthoods own figures show that, when it comes to pregnant women, abortion is the only "health care" they receive. ...
Lesson Plans | Jewish Women's Archive
In Lesson Plans, you can: Browse by curriculum Filter and sort individual lesson plans by multiple criteria Discover and engage ... Read the 1890 Yom Kippur sermon by Ray Frank, the first Jewish woman to preach formally from a pulpit, and consider what unites ... Explore our wide variety of lesson plans that address topics such as Jewish womens involvement in the Civil Rights and Labor ... Jewish womens contributions in fields from art to politics, and so much more! Our lesson plans are highly adaptable; we ...
California Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic Injures Hispanic Woman in Botched Abortion - LifeNews.com
"Planned Parenthood poses a menace to the public. We are seeing an increase in the number of women transported by ambulance to ... California Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic Injures Hispanic Woman in Botched Abortion. State , Cheryl Sullenger , May 20, ... As if another case in point is needed about Planned Parenthood lack of abortion safety, another young woman was transported by ... "Its a fact that women have even died at Planned Parenthood abortion facilities due to their negligence and lack of basic ...
Planned Parenthood Claims to Support Women, Here's What Real Alternatives Look Like - LifeNews.com
A woman is under extreme pressure from her boyfriend to abort her baby. Frightened and worried, she decides to go to a ... Planned Parenthood Claims to Support Women, Heres What Real Alternatives Look Like. State , Maria Gallagher , Mar 2, 2018 , 4: ... Women who visit Real Alternatives centers are far more likely to receive prenatal care, reducing their risk of giving birth to ... By empowering women in a crisis pregnancy with this comprehensive support, they no longer feel compelled to choose abortion out ...
Pregnant woman furious at mom-in-law's plan to block traditional name for baby | You
"My mother-in-law was under the ridiculous assumption that because my mother only had female children, I would only be able to ... Pregnant woman furious at mom-in-laws plan to block traditional name for baby ... She planned to call the newborn Gail for short, and had asked her husband whether he was happy to use the name, which has been ... The unnamed woman (24) and her husband (23) are expecting their first child in the near future and shed like to name him ...
Family Planning Options for Women in Western Kenya - APHRC
A childless woman who is past her mid-reproductive age is actually viewed as cursed. Millicent believed that in the event that ... Although not all women decide to use family planning, providing women with the option and information to make important ... Although not all women decide to use family planning, providing women with the option and information to make important ... Family Planning Options for Women in Western Kenya. Posted on October 16, 2013. (August 2, 2019) by APHRC Admin ...
Carly: Planned Parenthood Activists Threw Condoms, Asked 'Why Do You Hate Women?' - PJ Media
"Its terrible to see a woman, the only woman running for president, attack Planned Parenthood that helps so many millions of ... Carly: Planned Parenthood Activists Threw Condoms, Asked Why Do You Hate Women?. ... Not all women are going to fight for women. Carly Fiorina does not. She fights for herself, and shell say almost anything to ... why do you hate women? And at the time, I was surrounded by women of all ages," she continued. ...
Tips to be cool when things don't go as planned Eve woman
When your plans hit the roof, you can either chose to fall into negativism or, you may also take this opportunity to cultivate ... Meet Kenya Lionesses: Women rugby team ready to break records at the Tokyo Olympics ... 8 things to remember when things dont go as planned. ENTERTAINMENT By ESTHER MUCHENE , 3 years ago ... When you plan something, and things dont go as planned dont fight it. Instead, learn the reason behind its failure and avoid ...
Why Every Woman Should Care About The Threat To Defund Planned Parenthood
Defund Planned Parenthood. Now that theres a Republican president as well, this isnt just an empty threat. Whether or not ... but the lower-income women have nowhere else to turn. And given that one in five women has gone to Planned Parenthood for one ... In the U.S., many low-income women who have nowhere else to turn for their healthcare depend on Planned Parenthood for things ... If a Planned Parenthood clinic shuts down, the wealthier women who used its services can find alternative healthcare - ...
Top firms unveil plan to increase female execs - The Local
The 30 leading German companies belonging to the blue-chip stock DAX stock index unveiled a plan Monday to bring more women ... The German government, headed by Chancellor Angela Merkel, named the worlds most powerful woman by Forbes magazine, is split ... The 30 leading German companies belonging to the blue-chip stock DAX stock index unveiled a plan Monday to bring more women ... A survey of female executives and employees published Monday by polling institute Forsa; showed 55 percent were in favour of ...
Wonder Woman Director Patty Jenkins Reveals She Has 'Clear Plans' for Wonder Woman 3 | 411MANIA
Patty Jenkins reveals that she has some clear plans in mind for Wonder Woman 3 if she ends up directing the third movie for the ... Dixie Carter Makes Appearance on ROH Womens Division Wednesday. *Britt Baker to Defend AEW Womens Championship on AEW Rampage ... Wonder Woman Director Patty Jenkins Reveals She Has Clear Plans for Wonder Woman 3. January 25, 2019 , Posted by Jeffrey ... Jenkins said, "I have pretty clear plans for Wonder Woman 3. Whether I [direct] it or not, I see how her arc should end in my ...
Planned Parenthood Clinic Named for Margaret Sanger Hurts 2 Women in 3 Weeks in Botched Abortions - LifeNews.com
November 4, 2016: African-American woman who was carted out of Planned Parenthood in a wheelchair, put onto a stretcher, and ... Planned Parenthood Clinic Named for Margaret Sanger Hurts 2 Women in 3 Weeks in Botched Abortions. State , Cheryl Sullenger , ... May 4, 2013: Ambulance transport woman from Margaret Sanger Center Planned Parenthood. ... January 18, 2017: A woman was removed from the abortion facility on a gurney and wheeled to the ambulance, passing under a ...
Muslim minority women break barriers to embrace family planning in Nepal | UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
Kaushalya Pasi patiently addresses a group of women sitting around her at a village health post in Nepals Terai region, the ... and some men doubt that family planning is a womans right. In fact, many husbands refuse their wives wishes to stop having ... Accueil Actualités Muslim minority women break barriers to embrace family planning in Nepal. Actualités ... Muslim minority women break barriers to embrace family planning in Nepal. 11 Avril 2019 Author: UNFPA ...
Scandal-ridden Planned Parenthood injures woman in botched abortion
... which puts the health and safety of women at risk. ... Scandal-ridden California Planned Parenthood injures woman in ... This Planned Parenthood was a supplier of body parts to DaVinci Biologics and DaVinci Biosciences which sold the babies organs ... The Planned Parenthood business in Orange, California botched an abortion on June 26, 2020, sending a patient to the hospital ... More recently, Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties wrongly accepted $7.5 million in coronavirus stimulus ...
Anti-lockdown and pro-choice protesters descend on Warsaw, traffic blockade & women's strike planned next - David Icke
Revolution is a woman ❤#zakazaborcji #piekłokobiet #protestkobiet #girlpower #WomenSupportingWomen pic.twitter.com/jEoyjbG9zS ... Anti-lockdown and pro-choice protesters descend on Warsaw, traffic blockade & womens strike planned next. ... Read More: Anti-lockdown and pro-choice protesters descend on Warsaw, traffic blockade & womens strike planned next ... Pro-choice activists promised a nationwide womens strike next week.. Protesters in Warsaw demanded a "wise and responsible" ...
Lawyer Announces Plan to Sue 'Butt Doctor' for $1 Billion After NYC Woman Dies in Botched Butt Injection - NBC Los Angeles
A 31-year-old woman has died after receiving cosmetic buttocks injections from an unlicensed medical practitioner in Manhattan ... The lawyer says "impressionable" women who lack the financial means to seek proper medical care are lured in by black-market ... Lawyer Announces Plan to Sue Butt Doctor for $1 Billion After NYC Woman Dies in Botched Butt Injection Published August 1, ... The woman, Latesha Bynum of Harlem, went to an East 21st Street apartment in Gramercy Park on July 15 to receive the injections ...
Planning a Woman's Leadership Conference | Joel Garfinkle
The planning committee needs to focus on these top 3 areas. ... women conference needs to address particular challenges women ... When planning a conference for women, choose a theme that inspires women in your industry and speaks to the issues they face. ... The planning committee should also represent as diverse a range of women as possible, to address the issues that women face in ... When planning the conference, women should be the primary decision makers, as theyll know best how to plan a conference that ...
Reaching abortion workers on the sidewalk - Redeemed By Grace: A Catholic Woman's Journey to Planned Parenthood and Back
South Sudanese Women Call for their Full Engagement in the Development Planning for South Sudan | UN Women - Headquarters
... women leaders from the worlds newest nation today put forth concrete policy recommendations on development, security and ... About UN Women * About UN Women * One Woman - The UN Women song ... South Sudanese Women Call for their Full Engagement in the Development Planning for South Sudan ... Establish a Womens Bank with start-up capital of a minimum of USD 10 million, providing women with accessible low interest ...
Why Women's Rights Advocacy is Different: Plan Your Power Toolkit | IWDA
... gender identity and other forms of inequality that shape each womans individual experiences. ... The womens rights advocacy approach isnt just advocacy about womens rights but a different way of planning and implementing ... Today, we are pleased to launch Plan Your Power: A Toolkit for Womens Rights Advocacy Planning. ... The Plan Your Power toolkit was developed with support from the Government of the Netherlands as part of our Womens Action for ...
If Planned Parenthood is "pro-woman," why do they help abusive men?
... theyve helped the men who prey on women. ... Im not surprised Planned Parenthood would fight laws to ... Im not surprised Planned Parenthood would fight laws to protect vulnerable women and girls. For years, Planned Parenthood has ... If Planned Parenthood is "pro-woman," why do they help abusive men?. By Adam Peters , September 14, 2016. , 12:20pm ... Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood still claims to be "pro-woman." Helping abusive men makes that tough to believe. ...
NBC announces plan to create more opportunities for female directors
NBC and Lesli Linka Glatter have launched a new initiative to train female directors and offer more job opportunities on the TV ... Thanks to the blockbuster success of Wonder Woman, Hollywood has finally realized that women can direct stuff -- who knew?! ... "Female Forward" will begin with the 2018-19 season on 10 NBC series, with a plan to expand the number of directors and shows ... NBC announces plan to create more opportunities for female directors. The network hopes to have gender parity across its shows. ...
Jane Plan are offering woman&home readers £25 off their simple, effective diet plan | Woman & Home
Jane Plan deliver healthy meals straight to your door. ... The best slippers for women for comfy feet all year round Treat ... Jane Plan are offering woman&home readers £25 off their simple, effective diet plan. Feeling sluggish during lockdown? Jane ... Plans from £7.10 per day , Janeplan.com. Weve partnered with Jane Plan, the award-winning diet plan that delivers straight to ... We love that Jane Plan take a one size does not fit all approach to their diet plans - so while most of their plans tot up to ...
Island woman plans two massive swims this summer - Kelowna Capital News
Island woman plans two massive swims this summer. Water adventure fundraisers for MS and First Nations youth camps ... This year, Simmons plans to attempt two massive swims: a continuous unassisted double-crossing of the Strait of Juan de Fuca ... Every time I get in the water, I challenge myself," said Simmons, who plans to attempt two massive swims this summer: a ... Women in Business. *Community Leader Awards. *Best of Kelowna. *Marketplace *Place an ad ...
Planned Parenthood Action Fund Releases Web Video Highlighting the Out-of-Touch Romney/Ryan Women's Health Agenda
... which highlights Mitt Romney and Paul Ryans dangerous agenda for womens health. ... The Planned Parenthood Action Fund today released a web video called Really Out of Touch: Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, ... and take personal medical decisions out of a womans hands. Notably, they both want to end funding for Planned Parenthood, ... Learn more about chumps and champions for womens health on Planned Parenthood Action Funds Women are Watching website: ...
ParenthoodParenthood'sDefundWomen's health2019MedicaidPregnancyTonya ReavesChristian NewswireEmergency contraceptionContraceptiveMidwivesFertilitySexually activeHealthBirthsChildbirthCervical1994GrossAmong womenFamilyInvestConceiveMakeUterusOutcomesMenstrualWoman'sIndia'sRepublicanInfertilityPregnant womenNewmanCareHospitalIndiaMedical10,000ChlamydiaReceivesGirlsOccurAttacksSignificantlyRisksProtestRetireYoungerTendYearsYearPersistentDevelop
- The Republican bill also promises to defund Planned Parenthood. (go.com)
- Under the bill, a visit to a Planned Parenthood clinic -- for any service -- would not be covered for Americans on Medicaid. (go.com)
- The bill prohibits states from paying Planned Parenthood a reimbursement. (go.com)
- However, the Trump administration said if Planned Parenthood stopped offering abortions, it would continue reimbursements for Medicaid patients. (go.com)
- Medicaid payments make the up the majority of the organization's funding, and current law stipulates that Planned Parenthood may not use any government funds for abortion procedures, though its clinics may see people on Medicaid for contraception, screening and other services. (go.com)
- Planned Parenthood health centers consistently perform better than other types of publicly funded family planning providers," Ann M. Starrs, the president and CEO of the Guttmacher Institute, wrote in an opinion piece for CNN last week. (go.com)
- It is simply not feasible for other safety net providers that are often already stretched thin to quickly step up and provide timely, high-quality contraceptive care to the many women who might suddenly be unable to obtain care if their local Planned Parenthood has been shut down. (go.com)
- A new report on the bill from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that approximately 15 percent of people currently on Medicaid who visit Planned Parenthood clinics would lose access to care altogether, specifically those who "reside in areas without other health care clinics or medical practitioners who serve low-income populations. (go.com)
- Planned Parenthood has a partner website about sexual health topics specifically for Nigeria. (plannedparenthood.org)
- NEW YORK - Noting that cervical cancer is preventable and that proper screening is key to early detection, Planned Parenthood is calling on women to protect their cervical health during January's Cervical Health Awareness Month. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Planned Parenthood, the nation's leading women's health care provider and advocate, provided 770,000 Pap tests in 2010. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Planned Parenthood provided 34,000 HPV vaccinations in 2010. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Getting vaccinated for HPV can help prevent cervical cancer, and knowing when to get screened with Pap tests can help detect it," said Dr. Vanessa Cullins, vice president for external medical affairs for Planned Parenthood Federation of America. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Planned Parenthood noted that screening for cervical cancer is essential during most of a woman's adult life, even if she is not engaging in sexual activity or if her partner is a woman. (plannedparenthood.org)
- As a part of the effort to raise awareness and prevent cervical cancer, Planned Parenthood is offering resources that can help women take charge of their cervical health. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood? (abovetopsecret.com)
- actually, the topic was weather or not planned parenthood was needed, with you seeming to assert that there many other avenues for people to get these services, although when asked, you couldn't much in information as to where one could find one of these other providers, since well you aren't in the US. (abovetopsecret.com)
- not only is it danged difficult for some to get access to birth control, ect without groups like planned parenthood. (abovetopsecret.com)
- you were referring to Planned Parenthood. (abovetopsecret.com)
- On Thursday the House of Representatives is expected to vote on the GOP's Affordable Care Act replacement-the American Health Care Act -which would, among other things, defund Planned Parenthood . (glamour.com)
- Truth be told, 'defund' is a bit of a misnomer when it comes to how this bill would actually affect Planned Parenthood. (glamour.com)
- But how federal funding is given to Planned Parenthood is a bit more complicated than the government simply allocating a lump sum for the health care provider in the annual budget. (glamour.com)
- After Planned Parenthood's patients, many of whom are low-income or live in rural communities, visit the health care provider, the organization submits a claim to Medicaid, and Medicaid then reimburses Planned Parenthood for at least a portion of the cost. (glamour.com)
- For members of the 'defund' caucus, the reason for stripping Planned Parenthood of its ability to receive reimbursement from Medicaid centers around one specific service: abortion. (glamour.com)
- The financial pressure, they hope, will force Planned Parenthood to shutter many of its clinics. (glamour.com)
- 75 percent of Americans oppose Congress's efforts to withdraw funding for Planned Parenthood, and another recent poll indicated 50 percent of Trump supporters are in favor of keeping federal money in place for the low-income women and men who rely on Planned Parenthood for care. (glamour.com)
- Ahead of Congress's vote, Glamour spoke to two women-decades apart in age-who turned to Planned Parenthood for care at times in their life when there was no other option. (glamour.com)
- If Planned Parenthood loses its funding, hundreds of thousands of women like them-if not more-could be left without life-saving treatment for unexpected cancer diagnoses. (glamour.com)
- Without Planned Parenthood, I would have had stage 4 breast cancer. (glamour.com)
- Still in meltdown mode, I called Planned Parenthood. (glamour.com)
- The doctor at Planned Parenthood would not accept this, and she pushed to get me into a breast center. (glamour.com)
- If I had waited that three weeks, which would have been common practice without Planned Parenthood, I would have had stage 4 breast cancer and I don't think I would have survived. (glamour.com)
- Missouri health officials moved to revoke the abortion facility's license earlier this year after state health officials said Planned Parenthood put women's lives at risk in at least four botched abortions and subjected one woman to as many as five procedures to complete her abortion. (lifenews.com)
- Planned Parenthood sued to block the move, and last week, health officials testified in front of a state commissioner about why the license should be revoked. (lifenews.com)
- As hearings related to the lawsuit commenced, numerous misleading headlines emerged, accusing state health director Dr. Randall Williams of tracking the periods of Planned Parenthood patients. (lifenews.com)
- But the state health director merely pulled the medical records of patients as he investigated Planned Parenthood, and the spreadsheet containing abortion patient information also included records of gestational ages and abortion procedure dates. (lifenews.com)
- The data was also pulled from information Planned Parenthood had already provided, so it wasn't as if this was newly sought out. (lifenews.com)
- Williams responded to the attacks last week by accusing Planned Parenthood of trying to vilify his agency for doing its job, Courthouse News reports . (lifenews.com)
- The St. Louis Planned Parenthood broke the law and then blamed state health officials for holding it accountable for women's health and safety, state pro-life leaders said last week. (lifenews.com)
- Women's lives were put at risk, and the law was broken at the St. Louis Planned Parenthood. (lifenews.com)
- Williams said previously they found 30 deficiencies at the abortion facility, and Planned Parenthood only provided a plan to correct four, ABC News reports . (lifenews.com)
- Joni Ernst is the public face behind GOP effort in the Senate to defund Planned Parenthood in reaction to the controversial videos released over the past few weeks. (care2.com)
- The Bill to Defund Planned Parenthood would end all federal funding through Title X to Planned Parenthood affiliate clinics nationwide - money specifically restricted from funding abortion services and used for some of the most successful government-funded programs nationwide. (care2.com)
- The debate surrounding Planned Parenthood is still raging, but one supporter has figured out the key to talking some sense into them: Get into the nitty-gritty about women's health and start talking about yeast infections. (marieclaire.com)
- Mary Numair, 29, works at Purringtons Cat Lounge in Portland, Oregon, and noticed that protesters had been gathering outside the Planned Parenthood nearby. (marieclaire.com)
- So she relied on Planned Parenthood to help with birth control and care for her stubborn infections. (marieclaire.com)
- Washington, DC (LiveActionNews) Black leaders in Illinois have closed ranks, calling for increased accountability and safety regulations for abortion mills after the death of Tonya Reaves, who bled to death after a botched abortion in a Chicago Planned Parenthood. (freerepublic.com)
- Maybe they are PO'ed because they see Planned Parenthood losing a potential return customer. (freerepublic.com)
- PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 15 /Christian Newswire/ - On Wednesday, Dec 6, 2006 Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania (PPSP) distributed free "emergency contraceptives" to women of all ages. (prolifeaction.org)
- The nurse practitioners asked a few questions, however they did not take blood pressure, perform a medical exam or administer pregnancy tests that are recommended by both the Planned Parenthood and the makers of the Plan B emergency contraceptive before taking the drugs. (prolifeaction.org)
- Instead of supplying this medical information, the Planned Parenthood substituted a "Client information for informed consent" sheet, which states that the FDA information will be supplied. (prolifeaction.org)
- Operation Rescue again calls on the Obama Administration to defund Planned Parenthood in light of a recent spate of injuries that have left women, hospitalized, infertile, or dead. (operationrescue.org)
- Birmingham, AL - A Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Birmingham, AL, has been sued for negligence for a botched abortion that took place while the clinic was on probation for supplying abortions to underage teens without parental consent. (operationrescue.org)
- The suit, filed last month, also includes as a defendant California abortionist Aqua Don Emmanuel Umoren, who contracts to do abortions for Planned Parenthood in Birmingham and for another abortion clinic in Huntsville. (operationrescue.org)
- Roberta Clark walked into the Birmingham Planned Parenthood on August 20, 2010, for what she thought would be a routine first-trimester abortion. (operationrescue.org)
- Umoren should have his license revoked and Planned Parenthood in Birmingham should be shut down. (operationrescue.org)
- Clark was not informed of this nor is there a record of her receiving any follow-up care from Umoren or Planned Parenthood. (operationrescue.org)
- We intend to file complaints against the abortionist and Planned Parenthood for gross violations of the standard of care. (operationrescue.org)
- In addition to being on probation at the time of the incident, a health inspection conducted a few months later indicated that Planned Parenthood had multiple deficiencies including shoddy record-keeping and failure to give patients discharge instructions. (operationrescue.org)
- Planned Parenthood has problems like this nationwide. (operationrescue.org)
- In July, a Planned Parenthood in Chicago killed Tonya Reaves during a botched second-trimester abortion. (operationrescue.org)
- We have documented a dozen medical emergencies at Planned Parenthood abortion clinics nationwide in the past 20 months - and those are just the ones we find out about," said Newman. (operationrescue.org)
- It is time for the Obama Administration to stop protecting its campaign donor and start protecting women from shoddy abortions at Planned Parenthood. (operationrescue.org)
- They can start by immediately defunding Planned Parenthood. (operationrescue.org)
- Planned Parenthood is dishing out abortion drugs to women using an smart phone app & the US Mail. (operationrescue.org)
- Boston, MA - Operation Rescue has obtained an incident report from the Boston Police Department that sheds a bit more light on a medical emergency last month that caused six police and fire vehicles to swarm the Planned Parenthood abortion facility there. (operationrescue.org)
- Newman continued, "Since Planned Parenthood receives over a half-billion dollars of tax-payer funds each year, the public has a right to know when abortion-related injuries and deaths occur, but instead, these incidents are often swept under the rug so no one knows the truth about how dangerous these abortion mills really are. (operationrescue.org)
- Operation Rescue has documented at least three previous medical emergencies at this same Planned Parenthood abortion facility in Boston that required emergency transport to local hospitals. (operationrescue.org)
- Planned Parenthood's updated guidelines reflect those recommendations and call for Pap screening to begin at age 21, and for most women to be screened every three years up to age 29. (plannedparenthood.org)
- The majority of Planned Parenthood's federal funding- upwards of 75 percent , to be exact-comes from Medicaid reimbursements. (glamour.com)
- It's getting difficult to count how many times the mainstream media runs Planned Parenthood's talking points without fact checking them. (lifenews.com)
- The latest example is the misleading claim that Missouri Department of Health officials somehow violated women's privacy by tracking their periods during an investigation of Planned Parenthood's St. Louis abortion facility. (lifenews.com)
- You've probably already heard about Planned Parenthood's free "emergency contraception" giveaway last week. (prolifeaction.org)
- Generation Life* reports on how the event provides further evidence of the emptiness of Planned Parenthood's "We care about women's health" rhetoric. (prolifeaction.org)
- He spoke with one of Planned Parenthood's registered nurses who told him that a 27-year old "victim" was "unresponsive after a procedure. (operationrescue.org)
- The Female Face Behind the Senate's Bill to Defund Planned P. (care2.com)
- John Spearman is president and chief operating officer of Laurel Regional Hospital, which is kicking off plans to expand with a women's health center. (sun-sentinel.com)
- According to Spearman, female leaders in the county have called for a comprehensive women's health care center in the past and said a University of Maryland study confirmed the need for such a facility in the region. (sun-sentinel.com)
- PPSP claims to care for women's health," said Judi McLane, director of Generation Life, "yet, not only did they neglect to perform physical exams that the State of Pennsylvania Code mandates before prescribing prescription drugs, but they also withheld FDA approved and mandated patient prescribing information from the women and girls to whom they gave the drugs. (prolifeaction.org)
- MUST WATCH: 100 women hospitalized by botched abortions in 2019. (operationrescue.org)
- To evaluate the rates of chlamydia screening among sexually active young females, CDC analyzed data reported by commercial and Medicaid health plans to the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) during 2000−2007. (cdc.gov)
- During 2000-2007, commercial plans and Medicaid plans reported health services data to HEDIS, including annual chlamydia screening. (cdc.gov)
- These health plans were a subset of all health plans in the United States and represented 44.3% (89.5 million of the U.S. population) of commercial enrollees and 24.9% (9.8 million) of Medicaid enrollees in 2007. (cdc.gov)
- Increases in the screening rate were observed through 2006 for enrollees in both commercial and Medicaid plans ( Figure ), and for enrollees in all four U.S. regions ( Table ). (cdc.gov)
- Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) data from 27 developing countries show that 95% of postpartum women want to avoid a pregnancy for at least 2 years, yet 65% do not use contraception. (who.int)
- Antenatal care givers, birth attendants, child health providers and vaccinators should all take the time to ask a woman whether she is interested in family planning to protect herself from having another pregnancy too soon. (who.int)
- Natural family planning helps you to control the unwanted pregnancy by helping you to figure out when the intercourse can result in pregnancy and when not. (home-remedies-for-you.com)
- In Natural family planning method you do not have to take any contraceptive pills or have to use condoms or other techniques to prevent pregnancy. (home-remedies-for-you.com)
- Women planning to become pregnant should avoid all alcohol consumption, smoking, and use of illegal drugs (eg, cocaine) before and during the pregnancy, because these activities may have serious deleterious effects on the fetus. (medscape.com)
- Wainscott G, Sullivan FM, Volans GN, Wilkinson M. The outcome of pregnancy in women suffering from migraine. (medscape.com)
- Practice parameter update: management issues for women with epilepsy--focus on pregnancy (an evidence-based review): obstetrical complications and change in seizure frequency: report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee and Therapeutics and Technology Assessment Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and American Epilepsy Society. (medscape.com)
- Eggs are essential for pregnancy, and if there are developmental problems about eggs, infertility in females will occur. (selfgrowth.com)
- Despite assurances that this decision will lead to a reduction in unintended pregnancies and abortions in the United States, actual data demonstrate that even providing women free "emergency contraception" on hand at home has not made a difference in the unintended pregnancy or abortion rates of women. (christiannewswire.com)
- Women using Plan B who do conceive have at least 3 times the risk of potentially fatal ectopic pregnancy. (christiannewswire.com)
- Likewise, the potential exists for increased pressure on young women to become sexually active, since they may be led to believe that preventing pregnancy is as simple as taking a pill after intercourse. (christiannewswire.com)
- tonyareavesWhile Roe v. Wade provides a women with choice it does not guarantee the safety of her life nor set a standard for abortion clinics demanding due diligence for woman as the tragic death of Tonya Reaves has shown us. (freerepublic.com)
- Across Illinois, people are joining together to protect women and girls so that the tragic story of Tonya Reaves will not be repeated. (freerepublic.com)
- HOLLAND, Michigan, Aug. 28 / Christian Newswire / -- The FDA's recent decision to allow over-the-counter status for Plan B "emergency contraception" for women age 18 and over may be superficially appealing, but it is a step backward in women's reproductive healthcare. (christiannewswire.com)
- Although short-term studies suggest that the ready availability of "emergency contraception" does not alter women's use of standard contraception, it is possible that increasing familiarity with this medication over time may lead to more reliance on it by some women for their general contraceptive needs. (christiannewswire.com)
- Using data from 26 DHS, Martin [ 9 ] assessed the relationship between female education and wanted fertility and found that more highly educated women did tend to have lower fertility desires, but that "[U]nequal implementation of fertility goals by means of contraceptive use appears to be a major factor behind observed differentials" (p. 194). (hindawi.com)
- Contraceptive use was higher among more highly educated women in all 26 countries. (hindawi.com)
- Newer technologies played a role, as did male midwives or physicians, who began taking over for the female midwife. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- In fact, during this time, female midwives lost much of their status and were portrayed as unhygienic and unenlightened, and they were even associated with witchcraft. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Today we call on stakeholders across the spectrum - from health extension workers to midwives, nurses, medical doctors and policy makers - to ensure that every mother, every couple, are better able to safely plan their families. (who.int)
- We used a provincial database of all midwifery-booked pregnancies between 2006 and 2009 to compare women who planned home birth at the onset of labour to a matched cohort of women with low-risk pregnancies who had planned hospital births attended by midwives. (cmaj.ca)
- Compared with planned hospital birth, planned home birth attended by midwives in a jurisdiction where home birth is well-integrated into the health care system was not associated with a difference in serious adverse neonatal outcomes but was associated with fewer intrapartum interventions. (cmaj.ca)
- In Ontario, Canada, the College of Midwives of Ontario has regulated midwifery since 1994, and increasing numbers of women with low obstetrical risk and their newborns receive care in a publicly funded, midwifery-led continuity of care model. (cmaj.ca)
- Until recently, standard cancer treatments have not included female fertility preservation as a joint concern. (womensenews.org)
- But as awareness grows about the potential effects of treatments on female fertility, and as fertility-preservation techniques become more sophisticated, these discussions are changing. (womensenews.org)
- Several programs now help girls and women who are facing cancer treatments to retain their fertility options for the future. (womensenews.org)
- One of them, the 'Fertility Rescue' program of the Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine (with locations in Illinois, Texas, Nevada, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and California), offers free egg-retrieval cycles for women of childbearing age who are facing treatments that might compromise their fertility. (womensenews.org)
- These things, if invading into your body, will accelerate the aging of the ovary, and may even cause premature ovarian failure, resulting in female fertility. (selfgrowth.com)
- Education affects a range of factors associated with the socioeconomic development of women, including fertility, health, and economic achievement [ 4 , 5 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Female education, particularly completion of primary school and into secondary school, has emerged as strongly related to lowered fertility [ 6 - 12 ]. (hindawi.com)
- And yet, even educated women need to use a means of fertility control to avoid unintended pregnancies. (hindawi.com)
- In an assessment of wanted and unwanted fertility in six countries at various stages of the fertility transition, Bongaarts [ 11 ] found a general trend that unwanted fertility is lowest among women with higher levels of education, although he added, parenthetically, that "(unwanted fertility among women with no schooling is still much lower than it would have been in the absence of birth control)" (p. 331). (hindawi.com)
- Drèze and Murthi [ 17 ] found that female literacy affected fertility in India, yet, while they decompose the effect of female education on fertility into three effects, including women's ability to achieve planned number of births, they do not include that in their analysis. (hindawi.com)
- The percentage of enrolled sexually active females who were screened for chlamydia was estimated for each of 41 states that had at least five health plans reporting HEDIS chlamydia screening data and for four U.S. geographic regions. (cdc.gov)
- Annual chlamydia screening rates were measured among sexually active females aged 16-25 years using medical claims, health-care visit data, and pharmacy data submitted by the health plans to NCQA. (cdc.gov)
- In 2007, chlamydia screening data were analyzed for 583 health plans with 2.8 million sexually active, continuously enrolled females. (cdc.gov)
- He named two of his proposed female ministers: conservative lawmaker Fatemeh Ajorlou as social welfare minister and former member of parliament Marzieh Vahid Dastjerdi, a university professor and gynecologist, as health minister. (ibtimes.com)
- Britain is to make it compulsory for teachers and health workers to report cases of female genital mutilation (FGM), Prime Minister David Cameron said on Tuesday. (yahoo.com)
- LONDON (Reuters) - Britain will introduce new laws to combat female genital mutilation (FGM) including making it compulsory for teachers and health workers to report cases, Prime Minister David Cameron said on Tuesday. (yahoo.com)
- However, when it is time for a screening visit, that visit should be a priority, as should interim visits to a health care provider for other, preventive, reproductive health care and family planning services. (plannedparenthood.org)
- In 2012 several health advisory groups and medical professional organizations reviewed years of data and updated their recommendations on how often women should be screened for cervical cancer. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Women should go to a health care provider to get regular Pap tests and HPV screenings, even if they are not seeing a provider for prescription contraception. (plannedparenthood.org)
- According to hospital officials, they hope to soon open a one-stop facility, separate from the main building, dedicated to comprehensive health care for area women. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Women are the biggest health care consumers and a comprehensive center for their health care does not exist in Prince George's County,' said John Spearman, Laurel Regional's president and chief operating officer. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Hall said the proposed center also would include preventive and wellness health care components to provide women with educational materials, seminars on nutrition, exercise, the importance of getting physicals and breast care information. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The high incidence of breast cancer in Prince George's County is one of the reasons hospital officials saw a need for a comprehensive health center for women. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Hospital officials said having a centralized facility for women to receive treatment for most ailments also would benefit those who neglect their health because of transportation limitations. (sun-sentinel.com)
- A new resource for health programme managers and policy makers released today aims to improve access to family planning for women after childbirth and during the first 12 months of motherhood. (who.int)
- Launched at the International Conference on Family Planning in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, "Programming strategies for postpartum family planning" provides interventions at all levels of health care to expand access to scientifically-sound family planning methods for new mothers. (who.int)
- Virtually all women who have just had a baby are not ready to have another one right away, but too often they don't have access to family planning," says Dr Marleen Temmerman, director of the Department of Reproductive Health and Research at WHO. (who.int)
- There are many obvious, although often missed, opportunities to inform postpartum women on their options for healthy birth spacing and offer them an effective method of contraception," said Patricia MacDonald, Senior Technical Advisor, Office of Population and Reproductive Health, USAID. (who.int)
- This document demonstrates the global health community's response to the growing demand for postpartum family planning," according to Koki Agarwal, MCHIP Director and moderator of the launch event. (who.int)
- HEDIS is used by 90.0% of U.S. health plans to evaluate the quality of health-care services and benchmark performance. (cdc.gov)
- The number of health plans reporting data to HEDIS increased substantially from 2006 to 2007, from approximately 500 plans to approximately 800. (cdc.gov)
- All health plans that submit chlamydia screening data provide screening as a benefit to enrollees, although they might require a copayment for the service. (cdc.gov)
- A woman was counted as having a test if she had a claim or health-care visit for any chlamydia test. (cdc.gov)
- Only states with at least five health plans reporting chlamydia screening data to NCQA for a measurement year were included in this report. (cdc.gov)
- Title X is the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning services and related reproductive health services. (care2.com)
- Six in 10 women who access health care services from a Title X-funded health center consider this their main source of health care. (care2.com)
- Develop a plan with your doctor for your overall health, diet, and lifestyle for the second half of your life. (cbslocal.com)
- First , it's important to have an inclusive crisis management policy, one that prioritises the sexual and reproductive health needs of the girls and women with disabilities with deliberation. (ipsnews.net)
- In light of these concerns, the FDA decision granting over-the-counter status for Plan B falls short of common sense, sound medical judgment, and good public health policy. (christiannewswire.com)
- The purpose of our study was to evaluate different birth settings by comparing neonatal mortality, morbidity and rates of birth interventions between planned home and planned hospital births in Ontario, Canada. (cmaj.ca)
- We compared 11 493 planned home births and 11 493 planned hospital births. (cmaj.ca)
- All intrapartum interventions were lower among planned home births. (cmaj.ca)
- Childbirth: how should women facing labor approach their birth plan? (medicalnewstoday.com)
- During the Middle Ages, the business of childbirth was in the hands of the midwife, which, in Old English, means "with woman. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Pregnant women were attended by their female friends, relatives and local women who were experienced in helping with childbirth. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- When a woman is over 30, questions about marriage and childbirth come up. (selfgrowth.com)
- Every year, approximately 12,000 women in the U.S. are diagnosed with cervical cancer, and about 4,000 American women die of the disease. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Women need to know that cervical cancer is an almost entirely preventable disease. (plannedparenthood.org)
- The guidelines for how often women need to be screened have changed, and most women need less frequent screening for cervical cancer. (plannedparenthood.org)
- They include an updated webpage that provides a one-stop shop for what women need to know about cervical cancer, and a new infographic that details the cervical-cancer-prevention steps that women and their daughters should take at different periods of their lives. (plannedparenthood.org)
- The resources also highlight the recent changes in the recommendations for how often women should be screened for cervical cancer. (plannedparenthood.org)
- By minutely checking the cervical muscle one can know whether the woman is having ovulation or not. (home-remedies-for-you.com)
- Amos hopes the experiences of those women and others to come will provide crucial clues about the future of women in the infantry, a possibility allowed by the recent lifting of the 1994 ban on women in direct combat units. (twincities.com)
- Of the 340 job categories in the Marine Corps, 32 had been closed to women under the 1994 ban. (twincities.com)
- Nearly 1.2 million women are top wealth holders, comprising some 43% of Americans with gross assets of $1.5 million or more, according to the Internal Revenue Service. (financial-planning.com)
- The latest DWP statistics show that in 2006-07 the average retired single woman had a gross income of £294 per week from her pension and retirement savings, while her male counterpart received £325 - a gap of £31 per week. (lv.com)
- Ahmadinejad's surprise announcement on state television that he would nominate several female ministers may be an attempt to shore up support among women. (ibtimes.com)
- Diabetes is a big issue among women, but we're looking at not just treating diabetes but giving women information on preventive measures, seminars on how to eat appropriately and other ways to prevent this and other illnesses at the center,' Spearman said. (sun-sentinel.com)
- To determine predictors of Chlamydia trachomatis infection among women 14-24 years of age attending family planning clinics throughout a rural Midwestern state. (hindawi.com)
- Risk factors predictive of C. trachomatis infection among younger aged women attending family planning clinics in a Midwest rural population are consistent with predictors of infection among women attending family planning clinics across theUnited States. (hindawi.com)
- A poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation and The Washington Post found that over 77 percent of women and 64 percent of men support no-cost contraception coverage. (go.com)
- meeting, and the seminar was on post-cancer family planning. (womensenews.org)
- This is an important development for women who don't yet have a partner with whom they are planning a family (or for same-sex couples who have not made arrangements with a sperm donor). (womensenews.org)
- Therefore, it is a good option for females with family plan. (selfgrowth.com)
- The study population included 16 756 women between the ages of 14 and 24 years attending family planning clinics for annual examinations throughout the state of Iowa in 1997. (hindawi.com)
- Women's Education, Family Planning, or Both? (hindawi.com)
- More women than men work part time or take a break to raise a family, increasing the risk that they will have fewer than the 35 years of NI contributions needed to receive a full State Pension, as well as reducing the contributions they make to company pensions. (lv.com)
- One of the best ways to provide financial protection to the family even when you are not around anymore, is through a term insurance plan for women. (icicibank.com)
- With term insurance plans for working women, your family can receive the insurance coverage which can be used by your husband to manage the added responsibilities. (icicibank.com)
- Irrespective of whether you are a housewife or working women, this benefit can protect your family from high medical expenses that such critical illnesses generally come with. (icicibank.com)
- With more and more women now working, having a term insurance plan is one of the most affordable ways to offer financial security to the family in case of your demise. (icicibank.com)
- Given that many women are already off to a good start on the savings front, it pays for females to educate themselves on how to invest for retirement and manage a nest egg. (foxbusiness.com)
- It's a non-correlated source of alpha so across regions and sectors the goal is to invest in companies that promote women in management and leadership relative to their peers because we have so much research that leads to better financial results in terms of higher earnings and less volatility,' she said. (financial-planning.com)
- Your diet is an important factor to consider when you are planning to conceive. (home-remedies-for-you.com)
- Recent findings from The American College of Financial Services reveal that most women are ill-equipped to make long-term financial decisions. (foxbusiness.com)
- In fact, only 18% of retirement-age women were able to pass a basic quiz on how to make a nest egg last, whereas 35% of retirement-age men were able to pass. (foxbusiness.com)
- But if you're a female nearing retirement, you should make sure to read up on these various points, even if you have a male partner to share in the responsibility. (foxbusiness.com)
- Aside from painting the nursery and learning how to change a diaper, pregnant women and their partners need to make decisions on how they want to bring their child into the world. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- So, if a woman comes in for a blood pressure issue and is found to have a heart problem, she could see a cardiac specialist at the center, without having to make a follow up appointment or go elsewhere. (sun-sentinel.com)
- A study by Target Ovarian Cancer found that just 17 per cent of women said they would make an appointment within one week if they had bloating for three weeks or more. (thesun.co.uk)
- The cosmetic back scoop surgery usually takes around thirty to forty minutes and is popular to remove the 'love handles' or 'muffin top' that can make both men and women self-conscious about their appearance. (amazonaws.com)
- In the coming years, Amos is counting on dozens more female volunteers to provide him with enough information to decide whether women can make it in the infantry. (twincities.com)
- But they say that properly trained women will make it through IOC and, eventually, whatever program the corps creates for screening and training enlisted infantrywomen. (twincities.com)
- The retreat being a female-only space doesn't make it inherently feminist," critic Ruth Pearson, 24, tells CNN Travel. (q13fox.com)
- Women now make up for a significant portion of the total workforce in India, and the numbers continue to rise. (icicibank.com)
- Term insurance plans now come with multiple payout options such as lump sum, income, increasing income and lump sum plus income to help you make sure that all your dreams with regards to your child's future are fulfilled even after your demise. (icicibank.com)
- But with the help of a term plan for women, you can make sure that you are still able to contribute to loan repayments even when you are no more. (icicibank.com)
- As you can see, several reasons make term insurance a must for women too. (icicibank.com)
- Woman heard screaming in agony after perforated uterus during botched abortion. (operationrescue.org)
- Previous studies have shown that planned home birth is associated with a decreased likelihood of intrapartum intervention with no difference in neonatal outcomes compared with planned hospital birth. (cmaj.ca)
- The claim was that the state was fixating on the last menstrual periods of the women who visited the Missouri abortion clinic, heavily implying that the information was being used for some perverted purpose. (lifenews.com)
- As an aftermath of recent media attention, many government organizations, nonprofits and philanthropies have come together to ensure girls and women in remote communities have access to menstrual care products. (ipsnews.net)
- FGM, the partial or total removal of external female genitalia, is a tradition practised widely in many African and Muslim countries and often justified as a means of suppressing a woman's sexual desire to prevent "immoral" behaviour. (yahoo.com)
- While Delhi was the focus of this particular study and is arguably India's most dangerous metro for women, no Indian city or town can claim to be free of such crime. (boloji.com)
- Here's a closer look at some key provisions in the Republican bill moving through the House of Representatives and how they might affect women and girls. (go.com)
- Under the Republican plan, these direct subsidies would go away, and the federal government would give a tax credit to individuals to help them purchase insurance plans. (go.com)
- Preconceptional use of folic acid and knowledge about folic acid among low-income pregnant women in Korea. (medscape.com)
- Laurel Regional does have primary care providers and technology in place to treat women, such as a digital mammography machine used to perform mammograms, but some specialty services are limited and others are scattered throughout the hospital. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Exercise can also help you lose weight, and it's worth trying for women who care about beauty. (selfgrowth.com)
- This may be a particularly difficult task in light of the low rate of symptoms that would lead a woman to seek medical care, even in younger age women who are at higher risk. (hindawi.com)
- 2 A comprehensive record is maintained for every woman and infant in a midwife's care. (cmaj.ca)
- Mercy [Hospital] in Baltimore treats the whole woman and we want to have a one-stop-shop as well. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The woman was transported to Brigham and Women's hospital by ambulance and the report was completed at 11:10 a.m., nearly an hour and a half after the 911 call was first placed. (operationrescue.org)
- Given that planning for cities in India has been generally blind to the needs of the people who live in them, especially women, what can we do to change the scenario? (boloji.com)
- However, some women opt for elective C-sections when there is no medical reason to do so. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Around 103,000 women aged between 15 and 49, and another 10,000 girls aged under 15 who have migrated to England and Wales are estimated to have undergone FGM, according to a report on Tuesday from City University London. (yahoo.com)
- The implants usually cost upward of $10,000 but these payment plans made the procedure drastically cheaper at $5,990. (dailymail.co.uk)
- The majority of women in the study (96%) reported no symptoms of chlamydia. (hindawi.com)
- Ten years on, and the average woman receives £316 per week with the average man receiving £401 per week - that's £85 more. (lv.com)
- Worldwide, more than 130 million girls and women have undergone FGM and more than 700 million women alive today were children when they were married. (yahoo.com)
- Girls and women comprise more than half of the total number of persons with disabilities. (ipsnews.net)
- Policies and practices are best if inclusive and accommodate unique provisions and needs for girls and women with disabilities. (ipsnews.net)
- It is intended to ensure a safe environment for women and girls who are having these surgical procedures and to prevent them from being abandoned when a complication arises. (freerepublic.com)
- A recent study, 'Safe City Free of Violence Against Women and Girls' - a joint action research initiative by Jagori, UNIFEM, UN Habitat along with the Delhi government - underlined the omnipresent and persistent nature of the threat. (boloji.com)
- Speier will talk about the Equal Rights Amendment and the American Association of University Women, and Garfein will discuss how far AAUW has come and what is ahead regarding the empowerment of women and girls. (marinij.com)
- The North Peninsula Branch was founded originally as San Bruno Branch in 1956 by a small group of women whose goal was to enable women and girls through advocacy, education and research. (marinij.com)
- No matter if you are a housewife who spends most of her day at home or a working woman who successfully manages the home as well as work, accidents can occur anywhere and anytime. (icicibank.com)
- Attacks on women in public spaces point to the serious gender inequalities and biases marking the use and design of our cities," remarks A.G.K. Menon, architect and convenor of the Delhi Chapter of INTACH (Indian National Trust For Art and Cultural Heritage). (boloji.com)
- Women also tend to be more patient than men, as evidenced by the fact that they're known to hold investments for longer periods of time and engage in significantly less trading activity, which can cost money and lead to losses. (foxbusiness.com)
- The risk of our primary outcome did not differ significantly by planned place of birth (relative risk [RR] 1.03, 95% confidence interval [CI] 0.68-1.55). (cmaj.ca)
- An increasing number of women now work and significantly contribute to household expenses. (icicibank.com)
- Which risks of teratogenicity should be assessed in women planning to become pregnant? (medscape.com)
- Advocates for women almost certainly would protest any effort to keep the Marines infantry male-only. (twincities.com)
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg planned to retire under Hillary Clinton if she was elected president, NPR legal affairs correspondent Nina Totenberg said this evening. (cnn.com)
- She had planned, in fact, to retire and be replaced by a nominee of the first woman president because she really thought Hillary Clinton would be elected. (cnn.com)
- Safety data of this medication in the pediatric and young teenage population is scarce, yet women younger than age 18 will surely obtain this drug from those over age 18, as there is no mechanism to monitor or control such activity. (christiannewswire.com)
- For women aged 30 to 64, most should have routine screenings performed every three years using Pap testing or every five years using combined Pap and HPV testing. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Still, 4,700 women are expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, down from nearly 4,900 five years ago. (sun-sentinel.com)
- more than half of these were in females aged 15-25 years ( 2 ). (cdc.gov)
- I believe that Phyllis Schlafly is the most consequential female woman in public policy in the last fifty years of the 20th Century," Bachmann declared. (care2.com)
- All women under 25 years of age having annual exams were tested for C. trachomatis during the visit. (hindawi.com)
- World football's scandal-hit governing body Fifa embraced reform proposals on Tuesday that would prevent anyone from holding its presidency for longer than 12 years, or past the age of 74, while giving women more say in the running of the sport. (hindustantimes.com)
- When I really started to travel more the last couple of years […] I just met a lot of amazing women around the world. (q13fox.com)
- According to the Social Security Administration, the average 65-year-old man today can expect to live until age 84.3, while the average 65-year-old woman can expect to live until 86.6. (foxbusiness.com)
- Another important piece of the retirement-planning puzzle is knowing how much of your nest egg it's safe to withdraw each year. (foxbusiness.com)
- They compared my colon to that of a 90-year-old woman," she says. (lifescript.com)
- I'm not going to bring in 18-year-old females and put them in an infantry battalion when I've got no female officers," he said. (twincities.com)
- They concluded that their finding cannot 'be explained by rational statistical discrimination: female fund managers follow more persistent investment styles than male fund managers, and performances are virtually identical. (financial-planning.com)
- To guarantee that, he plans to use the course, which Marines consider the gold standard of infantry training, to study the performance of potential female infantry officers and then use that data to develop requirements for enlisted infantry Marines. (twincities.com)