The vapor state of matter; nonelastic fluids in which the molecules are in free movement and their mean positions far apart. Gases tend to expand indefinitely, to diffuse and mix readily with other gases, to have definite relations of volume, temperature, and pressure, and to condense or liquefy at low temperatures or under sufficient pressure. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
High-Throughput Nucleotide Sequencing
Techniques of nucleotide sequence analysis that increase the range, complexity, sensitivity, and accuracy of results by greatly increasing the scale of operations and thus the number of nucleotides, and the number of copies of each nucleotide sequenced. The sequencing may be done by analysis of the synthesis or ligation products, hybridization to preexisting sequences, etc.
Molecular Sequence Annotation
Fractionation of a vaporized sample as a consequence of partition between a mobile gaseous phase and a stationary phase held in a column. Two types are gas-solid chromatography, where the fixed phase is a solid, and gas-liquid, in which the stationary phase is a nonvolatile liquid supported on an inert solid matrix.
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry
A combustible, gaseous mixture of low-molecular weight PARAFFIN hydrocarbons, generated below the surface of the earth. It contains mostly METHANE and ETHANE with small amounts of PROPANE; BUTANES; and higher hydrocarbons, and sometimes NITROGEN; CARBON DIOXIDE; HYDROGEN SULFIDE; and HELIUM. (from McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
Sequence Analysis, RNA
Pulmonary Gas Exchange
Database Management Systems
Databases, Nucleic Acid
Expressed Sequence Tags
Oil and Gas Fields
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
Information Storage and Retrieval
Sequence Analysis, Protein
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Extraction and Processing Industry
Gene Expression Profiling
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
A severe condition resulting from bacteria invading healthy muscle from adjacent traumatized muscle or soft tissue. The infection originates in a wound contaminated with bacteria of the genus CLOSTRIDIUM. C. perfringens accounts for the majority of cases (over eighty percent), while C. noyvi, C. septicum, and C. histolyticum cause most of the other cases.
Oligonucleotide Array Sequence Analysis
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
A mutation named with the blend of insertion and deletion. It refers to a length difference between two ALLELES where it is unknowable if the difference was originally caused by a SEQUENCE INSERTION or by a SEQUENCE DELETION. If the number of nucleotides in the insertion/deletion is not divisible by three, and it occurs in a protein coding region, it is also a FRAMESHIFT MUTATION.
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
School Admission Criteria
Central Supply, Hospital
Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide
Data Interpretation, Statistical
Genes bearing close resemblance to known genes at different loci, but rendered non-functional by additions or deletions in structure that prevent normal transcription or translation. When lacking introns and containing a poly-A segment near the downstream end (as a result of reverse copying from processed nuclear RNA into double-stranded DNA), they are called processed genes.
Natural Language Processing
Pattern Recognition, Automated
Severe irritant and vesicant of skin, eyes, and lungs. It may cause blindness and lethal lung edema and was formerly used as a war gas. The substance has been proposed as a cytostatic and for treatment of psoriasis. It has been listed as a known carcinogen in the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP-85-002, 1985) (Merck, 11th ed).
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
One of the three domains of life (the others being Eukarya and ARCHAEA), also called Eubacteria. They are unicellular prokaryotic microorganisms which generally possess rigid cell walls, multiply by cell division, and exhibit three principal forms: round or coccal, rodlike or bacillary, and spiral or spirochetal. Bacteria can be classified by their response to OXYGEN: aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic; by the mode by which they obtain their energy: chemotrophy (via chemical reaction) or PHOTOTROPHY (via light reaction); for chemotrophs by their source of chemical energy: CHEMOLITHOTROPHY (from inorganic compounds) or chemoorganotrophy (from organic compounds); and by their source for CARBON; NITROGEN; etc.; HETEROTROPHY (from organic sources) or AUTOTROPHY (from CARBON DIOXIDE). They can also be classified by whether or not they stain (based on the structure of their CELL WALLS) with CRYSTAL VIOLET dye: gram-negative or gram-positive.
High-Throughput Screening Assays
Tandem Mass Spectrometry
A mass spectrometry technique using two (MS/MS) or more mass analyzers. With two in tandem, the precursor ions are mass-selected by a first mass analyzer, and focused into a collision region where they are then fragmented into product ions which are then characterized by a second mass analyzer. A variety of techniques are used to separate the compounds, ionize them, and introduce them to the first mass analyzer. For example, for in GC-MS/MS, GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY-MASS SPECTROMETRY is involved in separating relatively small compounds by GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY prior to injecting them into an ionization chamber for the mass selection.
Helium. A noble gas with the atomic symbol He, atomic number 2, and atomic weight 4.003. It is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is not combustible and does not support combustion. It was first detected in the sun and is now obtained from natural gas. Medically it is used as a diluent for other gases, being especially useful with oxygen in the treatment of certain cases of respiratory obstruction, and as a vehicle for general anesthetics. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Sensitivity and Specificity
Structural Homology, Protein
Body of knowledge related to the use of organisms, cells or cell-derived constituents for the purpose of developing products which are technically, scientifically and clinically useful. Alteration of biologic function at the molecular level (i.e., GENETIC ENGINEERING) is a central focus; laboratory methods used include TRANSFECTION and CLONING technologies, sequence and structure analysis algorithms, computer databases, and gene and protein structure function analysis and prediction.
RNA, Small Untranslated
Any visible result of a procedure which is caused by the procedure itself and not by the entity being analyzed. Common examples include histological structures introduced by tissue processing, radiographic images of structures that are not naturally present in living tissue, and products of chemical reactions that occur during analysis.
Cultural and linguistic competence is a set of congruent behaviors, attitudes, and policies that come together in a system, agency, or among professionals that enables effective work in cross-cultural situations. Competence implies the capacity to function effectively as an individual and an organization within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by consumers and their communities.
Open Reading Frames
The molecular designing of drugs for specific purposes (such as DNA-binding, enzyme inhibition, anti-cancer efficacy, etc.) based on knowledge of molecular properties such as activity of functional groups, molecular geometry, and electronic structure, and also on information cataloged on analogous molecules. Drug design is generally computer-assisted molecular modeling and does not include pharmacokinetics, dosage analysis, or drug administration analysis.
Medically Underserved Area
Atlases as Topic
The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.
DNA Copy Number Variations
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
Small double-stranded, non-protein coding RNAs, 21-25 nucleotides in length generated from single-stranded microRNA gene transcripts by the same RIBONUCLEASE III, Dicer, that produces small interfering RNAs (RNA, SMALL INTERFERING). They become part of the RNA-INDUCED SILENCING COMPLEX and repress the translation (TRANSLATION, GENETIC) of target RNA by binding to homologous 3'UTR region as an imperfect match. The small temporal RNAs (stRNAs), let-7 and lin-4, from C. elegans, are the first 2 miRNAs discovered, and are from a class of miRNAs involved in developmental timing.
Medical Informatics Applications
Amino Acid Sequence
DNA Barcoding, Taxonomic
RNA, Ribosomal, 16S
A method of hemostasis utilizing various agents such as Gelfoam, silastic, metal, glass, or plastic pellets, autologous clot, fat, and muscle as emboli. It has been used in the treatment of spinal cord and INTRACRANIAL ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATIONS, renal arteriovenous fistulas, gastrointestinal bleeding, epistaxis, hypersplenism, certain highly vascular tumors, traumatic rupture of blood vessels, and control of operative hemorrhage.
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
Drug Evaluation, Preclinical
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Protein Structure, Tertiary
The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.
RNA Splice Sites
Members of the class of compounds composed of AMINO ACIDS joined together by peptide bonds between adjacent amino acids into linear, branched or cyclical structures. OLIGOPEPTIDES are composed of approximately 2-12 amino acids. Polypeptides are composed of approximately 13 or more amino acids. PROTEINS are linear polypeptides that are normally synthesized on RIBOSOMES.
A process whereby multiple RNA transcripts are generated from a single gene. Alternative splicing involves the splicing together of other possible sets of EXONS during the processing of some, but not all, transcripts of the gene. Thus a particular exon may be connected to any one of several alternative exons to form a mature RNA. The alternative forms of mature MESSENGER RNA produce PROTEIN ISOFORMS in which one part of the isoforms is common while the other parts are different.
A polynucleotide consisting essentially of chains with a repeating backbone of phosphate and ribose units to which nitrogenous bases are attached. RNA is unique among biological macromolecules in that it can encode genetic information, serve as an abundant structural component of cells, and also possesses catalytic activity. (Rieger et al., Glossary of Genetics: Classical and Molecular, 5th ed)
Equipment Failure Analysis
Metabolic Networks and Pathways
Ionized gases, consisting of free electrons and ionized atoms or molecules which collectively behave differently than gas, solid, or liquid. Plasma gases are used in biomedical fields in surface modification; biological decontamination; dentistry (e.g., PLASMA ARC DENTAL CURING LIGHTS); and in other treatments (e.g., ARGON PLASMA COAGULATION).
Support Vector Machines
A set of genes descended by duplication and variation from some ancestral gene. Such genes may be clustered together on the same chromosome or dispersed on different chromosomes. Examples of multigene families include those that encode the hemoglobins, immunoglobulins, histocompatibility antigens, actins, tubulins, keratins, collagens, heat shock proteins, salivary glue proteins, chorion proteins, cuticle proteins, yolk proteins, and phaseolins, as well as histones, ribosomal RNA, and transfer RNA genes. The latter three are examples of reiterated genes, where hundreds of identical genes are present in a tandem array. (King & Stanfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Central Kara Kum-CS Yilanly gas pipeline in Turkmenistan. The pipeline was completed in 2010. ... Itera Oil & Gas Company. The main subsidiary of Itera was Itera Oil & Gas Company. It had aggregate proved reserves of ... It was the first private company to put gas fields into operation in the Far North of Russia: the Gubkinskoye gas field with ... "Rosneft buys control of Itera Oil & Gas". Oil & Gas Journal. PennWell Corporation. 3 July 2013.. ...
Npower (United Kingdom)
Nabucco Gas Pipeline International GmbH (16.67%). *Rostock Power Station (24.6%). *Urenco Group ... It is considered as one of the Big Six Energy Suppliers, which dominate the gas and electricity market in the United Kingdom. ... npower became a subsidiary of the new business and was renamed npower Limited. The coal, natural gas and oil-fired energy ... Npower Limited (trading as npower) is an electricity generator and supplier of gas and electricity to homes and businesses ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: L95 - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities. JEL: L96 - Telecommunications. JEL: L97 - Utilities: General. JEL: L98 - ...
"Pipeline & Gas Journal. Archived from the original on 27 September 2017. Retrieved 1 September 2019.. ... Gas. Gases are compressible and change volume when placed under pressure, are heated or are cooled. A volume of gas under ... American Gas Association Report Number 3 *^ Endress+Hauser. "Best Gas Flow Measurement & Meter Types , E-direct". www. ... a property which is not dependent on thermal conductivity of gases, variations in gas flow or composition of gases. The ...
"Gas pipeline explodes in Turkish rebel region". CNN. 2006-08-19. Archived from the original on 2006-08-24. Retrieved 2008-04-04 ... On August 19, 2006, the Tabriz-Ankara gas pipeline exploded in the province. Turkish authorities suspect Kurdish rebels were ...
One of the pipelines is the Moomba Adelaide Pipeline System which carries gas to Adelaide and regional South Australia. ... Gas and petroleum exploration. *Production, treatment and marketing of coal seam gas (CSG), liquefied natural gas (LNG), crude ... Liquefied natural gas. Santos has an interest in the Darwin LNG project, exporting liquefied natural gas to customers in ... These gas reserves are one of the sources of natural gas to Australia's eastern states. Santos is the primary venture partner ...
... compressors for oil and gas pipelines; mechanical components including gears for wind turbines and cement mills; automation ... In May 2014, Rolls-Royce agreed to sell its gas turbine and compressor energy business to Siemens for £1 billion. ... "Alstom completes the sale of its medium gas turbines and industrial steam turbines businesses to Siemens". Alstom.com. 1 August ... Siemens energy-related products include gas and steam turbines; generators; compressors; on- and offshore wind turbines; high- ...
Pigs are also used in oil and gas pipelines to clean the pipes. There are also "smart pigs" used to inspect pipelines for the ... The pig is pushed either with a gas or a liquid; if pushed by gas, some systems can be adapted in the gas inlet in order to ... "How Does Pipeline Pigging Work?". rigzone.com. Retrieved 21 November 2017.. *^ "That's Some Smart Pig in the Pipeline". NPR.org ... Inline Inspection and Pipeline Pigging Resource. *Oil-Pipeline Cracks Evading Robotic 'Smart Pigs'; Probes used by Exxon and ...
"Low oil blues? Not in Abu Dhabi". Pipeline Oil & Gas Magazine. September 14, 2015. Retrieved December 13, 2019. CS1 maint: ... Liwa Petroleum & Industrial Supplies is a trading company in the oil, gas and petrochemical sectors and focuses on specialized ... Liwa offers specialized equipment and services for the oil and gas industry. This includes various mechanical and technical ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Oil & Gas Services in Abu Dhabi". The Business Year. 2014. Retrieved December 18, 2019 ...
List of Sindhudesh Liberation Army attacks on Pakistan infrastructure in Sindh
"Gas pipeline bombed in Umerkot". Pakistan Today. Retrieved April 27, 2013. "14 bombs damage rail tracks". The Nation (Pakistan ... Bomb attacks of Sindhudesh Liberation Army on Pakistan infrastructure like gas pipelines, railway-tracks, branches of national ...
"India has quit Iran gas pipeline deal: Report". The Times Of India. Archived from the original on 10 September 2009.. ... See also: Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline. Iran's trade with India exceeded US$ 13 billion in 2007, an 80% increase in trade volume ... gas pipeline deal", in favour of Indo-US civilian nuclear agreement for energy security. Iranian officials however said ... Oil and GasEdit. In 2008-09, Iranian oil accounted for nearly 16.5% of India's crude oil imports. Indian oil imports from ...
"Denmark, Poland mull pipeline link.(News)". Gas Connections. 17 May 2007. Retrieved 2009-07-01. "DENMARK/POLAND: OLICOM ... "SIGNING OF AGREEMENT ON DENMARK-POLAND GAS PIPELINE IMMINENT". Europe Energy. 15 June 2001. Retrieved 2009-07-01. " ...
North Macedonia-Russia relations
The 96.6 km (60.0 mi) Negotino-Klečovce gas pipeline will cross North Macedonia from near the Greek border in the south up to ... Mortkowitz Bauerova, Ladka (22 May 2015). "Why Does Putin Care Who Runs a Tiny Balkan Nation? Gas Pipelines". Bloomberg. ... In March 2015, Russian engineering construction company Stroitransgaz announced plans to a build a gas pipeline across North ... "Russia to build Macedonia gas pipeline, possible Turkey route link". Reuters. Retrieved 6 August 2015. ...
... gas processing and liquefaction; gas transmission pipeline network operations; marketing of liquefied natural gas; ... Owns and operates the Peninsular Gas Pipeline which is 2,550 kilometres in length and runs from Kerteh in Terengganu to Johor ... PETRONAS Gas BerhadEdit. Involved in the provision of gas processing and transmission services to PETRONAS and its customers as ... by way of an extension of the pipelines laid for the third stage of the Peninsular Gas Utilisation Project. ...
Reed, Michael (June 2013). "Shale Play Should See Added Capacity Next 2 Years". Pipeline & Gas Journal. Houston, TX: Oildom ... The formation holds natural gas in a fine-grained rock matrix which requires hydraulic fracturing to release the gas. This ... technically recoverable gas. The average well was estimated to produce 1.3 billion cubic feet of gas. As of 2018, new drilling ... It is named for the city of Fayetteville, Arkansas, and requires hydraulic fracturing to release the natural gas contained ...
Supply chain attack
"Next Generation Cyber Attacks Target Oil And Gas SCADA , Pipeline & Gas Journal". www.pipelineandgasjournal.com. Retrieved 27 ...
EIA Short-Term Look At Crude Oil Pipeline Infrastructure; Pipeline & Gas Journal; April 2013. Archived 2015-04-02 at the ... Pipelines with connections at Cushing include: Basin Oil Pipeline, operated by Plains All American Pipeline, flows from Wichita ... PAA Medford Pipeline, operated by Plains All American Pipeline, from fields around Medford, Oklahoma. Pony Express Pipeline, ... Pipelines and storage facilities have since made it "the pipeline crossroads of the world". The oil boom did not last long. ...
Emirate of Fujairah
Osgood, Patrick (15 July 2012). "Abu Dhabi - Fujairah crude pipeline inaugurated". Arabian Oil & Gas. Retrieved 16 July 2012. " ... Shehab Al Makahle (21 June 2012). "Habshan-Fujairah pipeline starts pumping crude oil". Gulf News. Retrieved 28 June 2012. ... The Habshan-Fujairah oil pipeline was opened in 2012. Health care is delivered in a mixed public and private system. Locals are ...
Energy policy of Venezuela
"2006 International Pipeline Construction Report" (PDF). Pipeline & Gas Journal. August 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) ... The pipeline will pump gas from Colombia to Venezuela and, after 7 years, from Venezuela to Colombia. Venezuela has also ... In 2006, the construction of the Trans-Caribbean gas pipeline, which will connect Venezuela and Colombia with extension to ... The leading gas company is PdVSA. The largest private natural gas producer is Repsol-YPF, who supplies 80-megawatt (MW) power ...
"Oil & Gas Downstream". Infraline Energy. Retrieved 24 March 2017. "Petroleum Products Pipeline". Haldia-Mourigram-Rajbadh ... Indian Oil Corporation has a terminal and storage depot at Rajbandh.The 270 km Haldia-Mourigram-Rajbandh pipeline of Indian Oil ... Pipeline. Indian Oil Corporation. Retrieved 24 March 2017. "Bharat Petroleum - Rajbandh LPG Bottling Plant". Industry About. ...
Roy M. Huffington
Share, Jeff (Aug 2008). "Editor's Notebook". Pipeline & Gas Journal. 235 (8): 2. Retrieved 24 April 2016. "Current News and ... Initially the exploration object was oil, but finally Huffco discovered a giant natural gas reserve in 1972 at Badak Field. ... he set up his own oil and natural gas exploration company known as Roy M. Huffington, Inc. (Huffco). Huffco grew to be a major ...
El Paso Corp.
Southern Natural Gas; Tennessee Gas Pipeline; Cheyenne Plains Pipeline; Mojave Pipeline; Elba Express Pipeline; Young Gas ... El Paso began supplying gas through a 26-inch pipeline and also began construction of new, larger pipelines aimed at the ... The pipeline system included Colorado Interstate Gas; El Paso Natural Gas; ... in accordance with the Natural Gas Act of 1938 and the Natural Gas Policy Act of 1978, was in the business of purchasing gas ...
The Southeast Northeast Interconnection Gas Pipeline (GASENE) is a 1,387 kilometres (862 mi) natural gas pipeline system in ... "2006 International Pipeline Construction Report" (PDF). Pipeline & Gas Journal. August 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) ... "Signature of the agreement for the construction of the Cabiúnas-Vitória Gas Pipeline". Scandinavian Oil & Gas Magazine. 2007-04 ... which connects south-eastern gas system to the north-eastern gas system. It creates a common gas market in Brazil and allows ...
A joint enterprise between Burma and China to construct oil and gas pipelines from the Bay of Bengal via Mandalay through Muse ... Eric Watkins (2008-11-20). "Myanmar awards China pipeline rights". Oil&Gas Journal. Retrieved 2009-01-01. "Strategic Programme ...
Colleen Taylor Sen
"GTI and Zeus Development Publish New Encyclopedia of World LNG Industry". Pipeline & Gas Journal. 2010. Retrieved 2017-09-10. " ... She joined the Gas Technology Institute in 1975 and until retiring in 2013 held various positions in policy, external relations ... In 1990 she launched The LNG Observer, the world's first publication devoted to liquefied natural gas. She was editor (with Bob ... From 1995 to 2010, she served as a member of the Steering Committee of the International Conferences on Liquefied Natural Gas. ...
Toledo, Norte de Santander
Nogarin, Mauro (October 2011). "Mountainous Terrain Challenges Workers Building Gas Pipeline In Colombia". Pipeline & Gas ... In August 2011 the Gibraltar to Bucaramanga gas pipeline was completed. Gibraltar Samoré San Bernardo Toledo has a very wet ... It is on the border with Boyacá Department and has natural gas development in the township of Gibraltar. ...
Tiratsoo, J. N. H. (1992). "The Zeepipe challenge: pigging 810 km subsea gas pipeline in the North Sea". Pipeline pigging ... The pipeline has a diameter of 40 inches (1,000 mm) and its capacity is 15 billion cubic meters of natural gas per year. At the ... Zeepipe II A, operational since 1996, is 303 kilometres (188 mi) long 40-inch (1,000 mm) pipeline from Kollsnes gas processing ... The Zeepipe is a natural gas transportation system to transport North Sea natural gas to the receiving terminal at Zeebrugge in ...
It is based mainly around the oil and gas industry. A major oil pipeline connects Zama City with Norman Wells in the Northwest ...
On gas pipelines for power consumption of up to 5 kW thermal generators are preferable to other power sources. The ... Common application is the use of thermoelectric generators on gas pipelines. For example, for cathodic protection, radio ... oil and gas fields, pipelines, and remote communication towers). ... manufacturers of generators for gas pipelines are Gentherm ... The TEG heat can be produced by a low pressure flame fueled by Propane or Natural Gas. ...
Liquefied natural gas
Natural gas has far more volume than oil to transport, and most gas is transported by pipelines. There is a natural gas ... Natural gas was considered to be economically unimportant wherever gas-producing oil or gas fields were distant from gas ... Boil-off gas from land based LNG storage tanks is usually compressed and fed to natural gas pipeline networks. Some LNG ... Natural gas converted to liquid form for storage or transport. Liquefied natural gas (LNG) is natural gas (predominantly ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
"There's significant oil and gas development in this region as well, so we'll have to keep monitoring its location over the next ... At least 200 people were killed as a result of a pipeline explosion in Lagos, Nigeria. Jacek Kendysz 18:21, 26 December 2006 ( ... Now we have a second stub on the same explosion in 2006 Abule Egba pipeline explosion. Let's not post this on ITN till we have ... Now the 2006 Lagos pipeline explosion article has 130+ words. Referencing needs fixing, but I have to say the page has been ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: L95 - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities. JEL: L96 - Telecommunications. JEL: L97 - Utilities: General. JEL: L98 - ...
Juliana v. United States
... oil or natural gas drilling offshore, or pipelines that need federal approval.. In opposition, the federal government ... Regulation of greenhouse gases under the Clean Air Act. References. *^ a b Ellison, Katherine (2012-05-09). "An ... For example, an attempt to sue public utilities for greenhouse gas emissions under a "public nuisance" theory invoking the ... that greenhouse gases were air pollutants, and that the EPA was authorized to regulate them.. The majority opinion stated ...
West Texas Intermediate
Crude oil flows "inbound to Cushing from all directions and outbound through dozens of pipelines". It is in Payne County, ... International Association of Oil & Gas Producers. *International Energy Agency. *International Petroleum Exchange ... In June 2012, the Seaway Pipeline, which had been transporting oil from the Gulf Coast to Cushing, reversed its flow direction ... The area became a "vital transhipment point with many intersecting pipelines, storage facilities, and easy access to refiners ...
Mikroorganismid - Vikipeedia
Carol Freedenthal (jaanuar 2010). LIQUID FUELS FROM ALGAE SHOW MANY ADVANTAGES Pipeline and Gas Journal, Vol. 237 No. 1, ...
After that, a VD removes dissolved gases in the water. These gases are dissolved in water with a serious background of events ... The QBEE provides high-speed signal processing by combining pipelined components. These components are a newly developed custom ... Mineguard is a spray-applied polyurethane membrane developed for use as a rock support system and radon gas barrier in the ... The concentration of radon gases is miniaturized by realtime detectors. In June, 2001 typical radon concentrations in water ...
Improved insulation, insulative glass if it can be made clear, sleeves for oil pipelines, aerospace, high-heat & extreme cold ... is used for underground gas and water pipes, and another variety called ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is an ...
Underground coal gasification
Gas output may be combusted for electricity production. Alternatively gas can be used to produce synthetic natural gas or ... A series of horizontally drilled lateral oxidant delivery lines into the coal and a single or multiple syngas recovery pipeline ... UCG product gas is used to fire combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power plants, with some studies suggesting power island ... Underground coal gasification converts coal to gas while still in the coal seam (in-situ). Gas is produced and extracted ...
MEMS magnetic field sensor
... or high pressure oil or gas pipelines. When a magnet (generally an electromagnet creating a varying frequency field) creates ... If there is no flaw or crack in the pipeline, the magnetic field from the eddy current shows a constant pattern as it moves ...
Aquarius Reef Base
After twenty four hours underwater at any depth, the human body becomes saturated with dissolved gas. With saturation diving, ... Submarine pipeline. *Underwater archaeology *Archaeology of shipwrecks. *Underwater construction *Offshore construction. * ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
The resulting explosion heavily damaged the facility and killed a British soldier. On March 14, an oil pipeline in ... "the dirty Nazi-British assassins suffocated this innocent victim with gas." ... A number of mine attacks carried out in February, and oil pipelines were sabotaged. A mortar attack on Ein Shemer airfield ... The attacks on security forces and oil pipeline sabotage continued after martial law was lifted, with an officer killed in an ...
Youth Climate Movement
Greenhouse gases. *Land use, land-use change, and forestry. *Radiative forcing. *Tropospheric ozone ...
Greenhouse gas emissions. Some scientists have expressed concerns about land-use change in response to greater demand for ... pipelines or infrastructure to distribute and use, but has not been produced at a cost that is competitive with petroleum. ... Gas chromatograph studies were performed of ambient air in São Paulo, Brazil, and compared to Osaka, Japan, which does not burn ... Landfill gas, a less clean form of biogas, is produced in landfills through naturally occurring anaerobic digestion. If it ...
... are commonly used as an aid to leak detection during hydrostatic testing of subsea oil and gas pipelines and other subsea ... It is also used in rigid gas permeable contact lens fitting to evaluate the tear layer under the lens. It is available as ...
Given the quantity of oil imports, Louisiana is home to many major pipelines: Crude Oil (Exxon, Chevron, BP, Texaco, Shell, ... of Energy, Locap); Product (TEPPCO Partners, Colonial, Plantation, Explorer, Texaco, Collins); and Liquefied Petroleum Gas ( ... and serves as a white-collar corporate base for onshore and offshore petroleum and natural gas production. ...
History of the petroleum industry in Canada (natural gas)
But gas pipelines, built decades before, had little excess capacity. Debate on a second gas pipeline from Alberta to California ... These facilities straddled gas pipelines to extract additional volumes of gas liquids from the gas stream. Where economic, ... see: Shale gas in Canada). *Gas hydrates consist of natural gas trapped in ice crystals in areas of permafrost and on the ocean ... Gas sausages. During the 1980s and 1990s the natural gas industry faced a new series of problems. As demand for gas grew ...
The tribe owns the Red Cedar Gathering Company, which owns and operates natural gas pipelines in and near the reservation. ... Oil and Gas Development on the Southern Ute Indian Reservation: Environmental Impact Statement. 2002. p. 43.. ... All Ute reservations are involved in oil and gas leases and are members of the Council of Energy Resource Tribes. The ... It has expanded to explore for and produce oil and natural gas in Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. Red Willow has offices in ...
A profile can also indicate the vertical slope(s) (changes in elevation) in a pipeline or similar structure. Civil engineers ... a torch which burns oxy-acetylene or other oxy-gas. ...
Pakistan Champions Cricket League
Sui Northern Gas Pipelines. *Sui Southern Gas Company. *United Bank. *Water & Power Development Authority ...
The resulting gas mixture is called syngas (from synthesis gas) or producer gas and is itself a fuel. The power derived from ... Beychok, M.R., Coal gasification for clean energy, Energy Pipelines and Systems, March 1974 ... The necessary extensive flue gas cleaning may be performed on the syngas instead of the much larger volume of flue gas after ... Initially developed to produce town gas for lighting and cooking in the 1800s, this was replaced by electricity and natural gas ...
No sparks-important in flammable or explosive gas environments.. *Not electromagnetically radiating, and difficult to tap ...
Telecommunication ducts run through the box girder deck and the gas pipeline is under the south cantilever of the box section. ... telecommunication cables and a 750 mm diameter high pressure natural gas pipeline. The carriageways are 6.315 metres wide ... The government revived it in 1982 and commissioned a new study to determine the feasibility of transferring natural gas to ... However, the consultants made an assessment of the engineering feasibility and cost of a combined road-cum-gas transmission ...
Volume of gases produced: 790 dm3/kg (other value: 768 dm3/kg) ... in a thwarted attempt to damage the Trans-Alaska Pipeline ... These drugs work by releasing the signaling gas nitric oxide in the body. The heart medicine Lentonitrat is nearly pure PETN.[ ... in plasma using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. ...
Gas reclaim system. *Gas storage bank *Gas storage quad. *Gas storage tube ... Submarine pipeline. *Underwater archaeology *Archaeology of shipwrecks. *Underwater construction *Offshore construction. * ...
Invest in Canada
In November, Talisman Energy sold 75% of its Montney Formation gas holdings to Petronas SOE for CA$1.5 bn. The transaction ... The oil sands in Alberta cover a vast area, and the pipelines needed to ferry their output to the BC coastline, where it will ... a b 13 Dec 2012, Financial Post: "Encana, PetroChina form joint venture to develop natural gas in Alberta" ... "Petronas moves to secure Asian market with natural gas megaproject" 17 Nov 2013 G+M ...
On April 6, 2011, Wyden voted against limiting the EPA's ability to regulate greenhouse gas emissions. On March 22, 2013, ... "pipeline of illegal guns" by rendering gun trafficking as a federal crime, were "common sense" and should have bipartisan ...
An agreement this month by Gazprom and Italys Eni to double the capacity of their South Stream project to pipe Russian gas ... Two days later, the rival EU-backed Nabucco project, aimed at bringing gas from the Caspian Sea and Middle East, hit back. ... Austrias OMV and Hungarys MOL, two Nabucco partners, took stakes in two gas fields in Iraqs semi-autonomous Kurdistan. ... The politically charged race to build a new natural gas pipeline into southern Europe is hotting up. ...
Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline - Wikipedia
The Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline, also known as the Peace pipeline, or IP Gas, is an under-construction 2,775-kilometre (1,724 ... of Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited and Sui Southern Gas Company Limited is responsible for the construction of the pipeline.[ ... "Peace Pipeline Contract Soon, Gas Flow by 2011". Iran Daily. 1 July 2007. Archived from the original on 6 May 2008. Retrieved ... "Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline defies US". BBC News. 11 March 2013. Retrieved 11 March 2013.. ...
Stop the VT Gas Pipeline
If allowed to continue, VT Gas will be able to use eminent domain to seize land for their pipeline, including the lands of ... The Middlebury College Administration has endorsed the proposed Addison County Natural Gas project that would implement new ... This site made by Middlebury College students working with people directly affected by the pipeline ... and staff have been organizing with community members throughout Addison County to demand that the decision about the pipeline ...
MPUC: Natural Gas: Interstate Pipelines
Natural Gas , Interstate Pipelines. Interstate Pipelines. There are three interstate pipelines located in Maine but that are ... The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulates the operations, safety, and rates of these pipelines. These pipelines ... Granite State Gas Transmission Company Information about these pipelines can be found through the FERC webpage at http://www. ...
Canada Approves Arctic Gas Pipeline - WSJ
Canadas National Energy Board on Thursday approved plans to build a 740-mile pipeline to ship natural gas south from the ... Arctic, removing an obstacle to the $16.1 billion Mackenzie Gas Project. ... The pipeline, the farthest along of three proposals to ship natural gas from the far north, would be able to carry as much as ... CALGARY-Canadas National Energy Board approved plans Thursday to build a 740-mile pipeline to ship natural gas south from the ...
Natural Gas Pipelines: Lobbying, 2018 | OpenSecrets
Gas Pipeline Explodes in Minnesota - WSJ
A fire involving a natural-gas-pipeline broke out in south Minneapolis Thursday but caused no injuries and was extinguished ... workers shut down the gas flow to the pipeline, which released a "ball of flames" at an intersection near Interstate 35 W, ... A fire involving a natural-gas-pipeline broke out in south Minneapolis Thursday but caused no injuries and was extinguished ... Penn said there were no injuries and residents were allowed to return to their homes after responders detected no gas in the ...
About - India Oil & Gas Pipeline Conference
The IOGPC has been held biennially since 2007. The conference has visited various cities across India including Delhi, Jaipur, and Goa. In each location weve enjoyed the support of many industry experts from top Indian and international companies. In 2011 technical papers were published for the first time and has continued for all subsequent occurances. The peer review process ensures only top technical papers will be included in the program.. ...
SEA Gas Pipeline - SourceWatch
The SEA Gas pipeline (South East Australia Gas pipeline) is a 687 km natural gas pipeline from the Iona Gas Plant near Port ... The SEA Gas gas replaces gas from the depleted Katnook Gas Field. It supplies Mount Gambier, South Australia and Snuggery near ... Wikipedia also has an article on SEA Gas Pipeline (SEAGas Pipeline). This article may use content from the Wikipedia article ... SEA Gas. Retrieved on 2007-04-10. *↑ Hughes, Tim (January 2003). "SEA Gas pipeline rolls out" (PDF). MESA (28): 12-13. ...
Alaska signs gas pipeline project deal with China
Alaska took a major step toward realizing a long-sought pipeline to move natural gas from the North Slope to Asia, siding with ... The natural gas pipeline is intended to tap into the rich natural gas reserves on the North Slope. Similar in length to the oil ... Alaska signs gas pipeline project deal with China. Alaska took a major step toward realizing a long-sought pipeline to move ... Alaska signs gas pipeline project deal with China Alaska took a major step toward realizing a long-sought pipeline to move ...
We moved in on Sept 21st and tried to turn on the gas on the 23rd. The gas company said they couldnt because there was a leak ... Gas pipelines. We closed on a house in PA on September 3rd. We moved in on Sept 21st and tried to turn on the gas on the 23rd. ... The gas company said they couldnt because there was a leak in the pipe from the service line to the house. We dont know when ... We have the listing photos which show dead grass, one indication there was a gas leak. It was not disclosed or found during the ...
China, Russia launch massive joint gas pipeline
Russia is looking to bring its vast natural gas resources to ... China and Russia launched on Monday a gas pipeline that is more ... BEIJING (AP) - China and Russia launched on Monday a gas pipeline that is more than 6,000 kilometers (3,750 miles) long, an ... Gazprom built the Russian side of the pipeline, which runs from new Siberian gas fields to the Chinese border. ... The pipeline bolsters the nations ties while China is embroiled in a trade dispute with the U.S. It stems from a $400 billion ...
Czechs open new pipeline importing Russian gas
The Czech Republic has opened a pipeline that provides an alternate route for Russian gas imports and will help supply other ... a pipeline that crosses the Baltic Sea and brings natural gas from Russias Siberia. It was built by the pipeline operator ... PRIMDA, Czech Republic (AP) -- The Czech Republic has opened a pipeline that provides an alternate route for Russian gas ... EU nations have been seeking new ways to secure gas supplies since Russian shipments transported through Ukrainian pipelines ...
Gazprom considering Japanese gas pipeline - UPI.com
Japan could eventually get its natural gas from a Russian pipeline, a Gazprom executive said. ... Gazprom considering Japanese gas pipeline. Japan was taking on more gas after Fukushima, but appetites are lower as more ... Alexander Medvedev, the deputy chairman of the country, said that could open doors for a Japanese gas pipeline as well.. ... Japan could eventually get its natural gas from a Russian pipeline, a Gazprom executive said. ...
Oil and Gas Pipeline Watch - UPI.com
Economy dims prospects for Alaskan gas pipelines; Iran opposes Trans-Caspian pipeline on ecological concerns; Economic climate ... the Nord Stream gas pipeline to Germany and the Nabucco gas pipeline to Europe would help diversify the regional energy sector ... Declines in demand in the natural gas market brought on by the global recession put plans for a gas pipeline from Alaska in ... "It is important for all three gas pipelines to have real raw material," Zubkov said. "It is necessary to build the South Stream ...
Yemen forces kill 12; insurgents wreck gas pipeline - Reuters
... the rule of Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh in the capital Sanaa Saturday and al Qaeda insurgents blew up a pipeline, ... GAS PIPELINE Residents and officials said the 200 mile pipeline, which links gas fields in Maarib, east of Sanaa, to a $4.5 ... Yemeni officials said the attack on Frances Total gas pipeline was in retaliation for the killing of the head of the media ... But the destruction of the Total pipeline, which transports gas from the central Maarib province to Belhaf port on the Arabian ...
Gas explosion at Colonial Pipeline in Alabama | Reuters Video
What Happens When You Don't Build Natural Gas Pipelines?
This is a massive problem for a region that is increasingly using natural gas yet doesnt produce any itself. More pipeline ... cold temperatures have exposed the problems of the anti-pipeline business in the Northeast. ... With a pipeline shortage, a natural gas shortage is created, prices for both natural gas and electricity skyrocket, and CO2 ... but continually block new gas pipeline capacity: heating oils CO2 emissions are 30-40% higher than those for natural gas. ...
The Great American Oil And Natural Gas Pipeline Boom
With even more expected, the American pipeline boom will also support a burgeoning oil and gas export business that will take ... led the world in new oil and gas demand in 2018. ... Gas pipelines are good for the environment too: BNEF reports ... "Northeast region slated for record natural gas pipeline capacity buildout in 2018;" "Another New Gas Pipeline Is Coming to the ... Despite some clickbait headlines trying to convince you otherwise, the U.S. oil and natural gas pipeline build-out continues ...
Oil And Gas Pipelines Look Like Increasingly Risky Bets
Back-to-back decisions to abandon one pipeline and deactivate another show how vulnerable these projects are, despite the White ... The Mountain Valley Pipeline, a proposed conduit set to carry gas from the fracking fields of West Virginia to gas utilities in ... a proposed gas pipeline that would have carried fracked gas from Pennsylvania to homes in parts of New York City and Long ... In June, the Sierra Club asked a federal judge to halt construction of the gas pipeline on the grounds that it failed to meet ...
gas pipeline | Teamsters
Bangladesh Government Allows Workers To Form Unions ThinkProgress ...Bangladeshs government approved a labor law on Monday that would make it easier for workers to form unions. The legislation also included provisions that create a fund to improve workers living standards and require companies to deposit 5 percent of profits into employee welfare funds.... ...
GAS PIPELINE MAY CRACK 'NEST EGG' | Deseret News
The suit also asks for an environmental review of the recently approved Altamont Natural Gas Pipeline project, which starts in ... The energy commission issued Kern River and a competing company, WyCal Pipeline Co., certificates to build a pipeline, leaving ... 900-mile-long pipeline would transport natural gas from Wyoming to California. ... "Once that pipeline goes through, our property will be virtually useless," Heining said. "I cant see anyone saying, `I want to ...
Iran, Pakistan Reaffirm Plans To Build Gas Pipeline
Pakistan says a plan to build a natural-gas pipeline from Iran to India through its territory should go ahead as scheduled. ... RFE/RL) 24 January 2006 -- Pakistan says a plan to build a natural-gas pipeline from Iran to India through its territory should ... pressure because Pakistan needs gas to meet growing energy requirements. ...
TransCanada natural gas pipeline explodes in West Virginia
A TransCanada natural gas pipeline recently exploded in Moundsville, West Virginia. TransCanada said there were no injuries, ... A natural gas pipeline exploded in West Virginias Marshall County, located right in the midst of the huge Utica and Marcellus ... He said some of those companies turned off the flow in their own pipelines, and that natural gas well operators shut down wells ... Pipeline. 1 of 2 Early Thursday morning, a pipeline exploded in West Virginia. ...
Shell gets approval to operate Corrib gas pipeline
Energy and Natural Resources has given final approval to Shell to operate the Corrib gas pipeline and terminal in Co Mayo. ... Shell gets final approval to operate Corrib gas pipeline Updated / Tuesday, 29 Dec 2015 22:14 ... That was completed in 2014 and marked the completion of a pipeline stretching from the terminal in Bellanaboy to the gas field ... Shell said that when the pipeline is operating at full capacity it would provide more than half of the countrys gas ...
Controversial Natural Gas Pipeline Plan Withdrawn - Hartford Courant
The corporation backing a massive new natural gas pipeline proposal for New England and Connecticut pulled the plug on the ... project Wednesday, citing a lack of assurances that ratepayers would help pay for the $3.3 billion pipeline system. ... Supporters of the pipeline project argued that lack of additional access to natural gas has cost New England consumers $7.5 ... Proposed Tennessee Gas Pipeline project (in purple) and Metacomet Trail. (Provided by Eric Hammerling, CT Forest & Park ...
Russia/Germany: Work Begins On Baltic Gas Pipeline
Russian and German officials today observed the start of construction on the Baltic Sea natural gas pipeline. The new pipeli... ... Russian and German officials today observed the start of construction on the Baltic Sea natural gas pipeline. The new pipeline ... Gazprom currently exports gas to Western Europe through overland pipelines crossing Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, and Slovakia. If ... This [pipeline] will facilitate gas supplies significantly and will create conditions for making them more stable. Essentially ...
Propane Gas Pipeline Facilities | Policy Studies
Committee for a Study on Propane Gas Pipeline Facilities. Statement of Task:. The study committee will examine the safety of ... pipeline facilities that transport or store only petroleum gas, or mixtures of petroleum gas and air, for service to 100 or ... It will examine (a) federal, state, and local regulatory requirements applicable to these pipeline facilities; (b) techniques ...
ONE Gas to Participate in BMO Utilities and Pipelines Day
NYSE: OGS) announced today it will participate in the BMO Utilities and Pipelines Day on Tues., Dec. 2, 2014, in New York City ... ONE Gas provides natural gas distribution services to more than 2 million customers in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. ONE Gas is ... 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ONE Gas, Inc. (NYSE: OGS) announced today it will participate in the BMO Utilities and Pipelines Day ... ONE Gas is headquartered in Tulsa, Okla., and its companies include the largest natural gas distributor in Oklahoma and Kansas ...
Turkmenistan gas pipeline moves closer to reality | Hindustan Times
... gas pipeline project has moved closer to realisation with petroleum ministry set to approach the cabinet for approval of Gas ... Turkmenistan gas pipeline moves closer to reality. The Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) natural gas pipeline ... The pipeline, which would pass through politically unstable states, will evacuate some 411.173 billion cubic metres of gas from ... The Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) natural gas pipeline project has moved closer to realisation with petroleum ...
2018Gazprom2017Trans AdriaticNord StreamExplosion2020TANAPProjectSection of the pipelinePower of SiberiaIranFERCCubic feetRussiaTurkey2019Hazardous Materials Safety AdministrationInfrastructureTransCanadaColdest winter daysIndiaEnergyDiameterOverland pipelinesPetroleumInvolving a natural-gas-pipelineOfficialsSouth CaucasusCaspian SeaAzerbaijanTennessee Gas Pipeline ComCompanyMajor natural gas pipelineKeystone XLInterstateShah DenizWest VirginiaPresident Donald TrumpTransmissionReutersExportsShortagesRuptureOperateCompany'sCompressor StationConstruction of the pipelineRegion'sPakistanKilometresProposalNabuccoRussian President Vladimir PutinAlaskanCorridor11,000RegulatorsRouteBillion cubic meters of gasBuild a natural-gas pipelineTrump'sElectricityRegulatory
- The pipeline, the farthest along of three proposals to ship natural gas from the far north, would be able to carry as much as 1.2 billion cubic feet a day, and would go into service by 2018 at the earliest. (wsj.com)
- Indeed, very quietly, the International Energy Agency reports that the U.S. led the world in 2018 for new oil demand (+540,000 b/d) and new gas demand (+7.8 Bcf/d). (read that again). (forbes.com)
- For comparison, the annual increase in U.S. gas demand in 2018 was equivalent to the UK's current consumption. (forbes.com)
- Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, center, attends the opening ceremony of Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP), a key pipeline that will carry natural gas from Azerbaijan's gas fields to Turkish markets and eventually to Europe, in Eskisehir, northwestern Turkey, June 12, 2018. (voanews.com)
- Construction is slated for 2015, and the 4,000 kilometer pipeline will make its first deliveries to Turkey in 2018 and to the rest of Europe in 2019. (csmonitor.com)
- The pipeline was reversed to flow gas from Jordan to Egypt from 2015 to 2018 (fed by imported LNG through Jordan's Aqaba LNG reception terminal). (wikipedia.org)
- The recovery in Egyptian gas production has enabled gas to flow to Jordan through the link from 2018. (wikipedia.org)
- As of 2018, a 65 km, 36 inches (910 mm) pipeline is under construction from the Jordan River near kibbutz Neve Ur on the Israel-Jordan border that will connect to the Arab Gas Pipeline near Mafraq in northern Jordan. (wikipedia.org)
- The earliest the pipeline could be in service is November 2018. (pressherald.com)
- Cyprus will take decisions over the monetisation of its natural gas reserves by the end of 2018 following explorations by Exxon Mobil and Qatar. (cyprus-mail.com)
- Since 2018 it can also operate to carry gas from the Northern Territory via the Northern Gas Pipeline south to markets along the eastern seaboard of Australia. (wikipedia.org)
- An agreement this month by Gazprom and Italy's Eni to double the capacity of their South Stream project to pipe Russian gas under the Black Sea would enable it to carry a 10th of annual European Union demand. (ft.com)
- The pipeline bolsters the nations' ties while China is embroiled in a trade dispute with the U.S. It stems from a $400 billion deal signed in 2014 by Russian state energy giant Gazprom, which agreed to deliver 38 billion cubic meters of natural gas annually to China National Petroleum Corp for the next 30 years. (yahoo.com)
- Gazprom built the Russian side of the pipeline, which runs from new Siberian gas fields to the Chinese border. (yahoo.com)
- Japan could start getting a secure line for natural gas from Russia if the conditions are right, Russian energy company Gazprom said. (upi.com)
- June 8 (UPI) -- If the economics of an agreement are constructive, Japan could eventually get its natural gas from a Russian pipeline, a Gazprom executive said. (upi.com)
- Japanese companies are playing a role in the development of liquefied natural gas projects led by Gazprom in the Yamal Peninsula in the far north and on the Pacific coast. (upi.com)
- Bulgarian Prime Minister Sergei Stanishev said the repercussions of gas-pricing debates between Ukraine, which hosts 80 percent of the Russian natural gas bound for Europe, and energy monopoly Gazprom put greater significance on Nabucco, Radio Bulgaria reported. (upi.com)
- Gazprom expects plans for the South Stream natural gas pipeline to Italy to proceed despite the downturn in the global economy, corporate officials said. (upi.com)
- Alexander Medvedev, the deputy chief executive of Russian gas monopoly Gazprom, told reporters plans to develop the proposed pipeline to Italy were on schedule, the Interfax news agency reported. (upi.com)
- Medvedev said Gazprom would dedicate 2009 to conducting feasibility studies for the pipeline route and make investment decisions once those studies are finalized. (upi.com)
- He reminded reporters Gazprom moved ahead with its Blue Stream gas pipeline to Turkey in the midst of a financial crisis in 1998. (upi.com)
- Gazprom owns 51 percent of the pipeline venture, with Germany's EON and BASF both holding 24.5 percent stakes. (rferl.org)
- Gazprom currently exports gas to Western Europe through overland pipelines crossing Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, and Slovakia. (rferl.org)
- Once the new regulations are finalized, experts say they will subject Russia's state-controlled gas company, Gazprom, to EU regulations on the pipeline, and will not allow it to be its sole operator. (go.com)
- FILE PHOTO: The logo of Russian gas giant Gazprom is seen on a board at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2017 (SPIEF 2017) in St. Petersburg, Russia, June 1, 2017. (reuters.com)
- MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian state gas giant Gazprom ( GAZP.MM ) said on Saturday it had signed a protocol with the Turkish government on a planned gas pipeline and agreed with Turkish firm Botas to end an arbitration dispute over the terms of gas supplies. (reuters.com)
- The protocol concerned the land-based part of the transit leg of the TurkStream gas pipeline, which Gazprom said meant that work to implement it could now begin. (reuters.com)
- A source said in February the permit problem might be related to talks between Gazprom and Botas about a possible discount for Russian gas. (reuters.com)
- Russia's state-run gas company Gazprom says it has taken a step toward building the Turkish Stream pipeline by securing permission from Ankara to begin surveying waters of the Black Sea for the offshore leg of the project. (csmonitor.com)
- On June 15, Gazprom provided the Turkish government with coordinates for the route of the pipeline, which would take it beneath the Black Sea to Turkey's European coast, demonstrating that the plan doesn't encroach on the EEZ of neighboring Bulgaria. (csmonitor.com)
- Gazprom aims to maintain a steady supply of its gas to valuable Western customers. (csmonitor.com)
- In its announcement, Gazprom said the first leg of the Turkish Stream pipeline would deliver gas exclusively to the Turkish market. (csmonitor.com)
- VLADIVOSTOK (Reuters) - Russian natural gas producer Gazprom is revisiting plans to build a pipeline to South Korea across North Korea after noting signs of easing tensions on the Korean peninsula, a Gazprom executive said on Tuesday. (reuters.com)
- Gazprom has long planned to build the natural gas pipeline to South Korea, but the project has not materialised amid decades of tension between the two Koreas. (reuters.com)
- The Nord Stream pipeline, which will pump gas from Siberia to Europe under the Baltic Sea, bypassing East European transit countries, is being built jointly by Gazprom, Germany's E.ON Ruhrgas and BASF-Wintershall, and Dutch gas transportation firm Gasunie at an estimated cost of $12 billion. (tehrantimes.com)
- Gazprom has already signed long-term contracts to supply gas through Nord Stream to customers in several EU countries including Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, France and the United Kingdom, Nord Stream AG said on its website. (tehrantimes.com)
- Russia's Gazprom and Turkey's BOTAS in 2014 signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the construction of the Turkish Stream gas pipeline, with a capacity of 63 billion cubic meters (bcm) of gas per year from Russia to Turkey across the Black Sea. (zerohedge.com)
- With a more pipeline friendly FERC now holding five commissioners for the first time in two years, nine pipeline expansion projects could offer an incremental 13.7 Bcf/d of new production takeaway capacity across Appalachia, or just over half of the region's total output (for your knowledge, our nation's gas demand in 2017 averaged about 79 Bcf/d). (forbes.com)
- On Monday, a federal court ordered the Dakota Access pipeline to shut down by Aug. 5 after finding that the controversial oil conduit, which has spilled dozens of times since construction ended in 2017, fell short of safety requirements under the National Environmental Policy Act, or NEPA. (yahoo.com)
- Pipes for TransCanada Corp's Keystone XL oil pipeline in Gascoyne, North Dakota, on Jan. 25, 2017. (yahoo.com)
- FILE - In this May 8, 2017 photo steel pipes for the North Stream 2 pipeline are stacked in Mukran harbour in Sassnitz, Germany. (go.com)
- is up in flames before it was destroyed in November 2017 when a gas pipeline was struck, causing an explosion. (indystar.com)
- The launch of TANAP has been coordinated with start of the Shah Deniz II gas drilling project in the Caspian Sea, with commercial production set to begin in 2017. (euractiv.com)
- The construction of Nabucco was expected to start in 2013 and the first gas is expected to flow in 2017. (euractiv.com)
- Natural Gas Pipeline Public Health Protection Act of 2017, H.R. 4381, 115th Cong. (govtrack.us)
- From 2006 to 2017, according to Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) failure reports, TGP had 111 "significant incidents" with their pipelines, resulting in $89,815,380 in property damage and 19 federal enforcement actions. (wikipedia.org)
- From 2006 to 2017, faulty infrastructure caused most of TGP's onshore gas transmission pipeline accidents. (wikipedia.org)
- According to PHMSA, Tennessee Gas Pipeline had at least 257 significant failures (leaks, fires, and explosions) from 1986 to 2017. (wikipedia.org)
- The pipeline will eventually be connected to the Trans Adriatic Pipeline, or TAP, at the Turkey-Greece border. (voanews.com)
- The Trans-Adriatic Pipeline, which will carry natural gas from the resource-rich Caspian basin in Azerbaijan to Western Europe, cleared an important hurdle this week. (csmonitor.com)
- The Greek Parliament voted to grant the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline access through Greek territory. (csmonitor.com)
- The decision by the Greek government to grant passage to the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline was more about economic development rather than energy security, Cunningham writes. (csmonitor.com)
- The Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) cleared an important hurdle on December 2nd when the Greek Parliament ratified a host agreement to allow access through Greek territory. (csmonitor.com)
- The Azeri website ABC reported that the route chosen is through Bulgaria, which would eliminate the need for the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) and leave in the running 'Nabucco West' - a shorter version of the origial Nabucco pipeline - and the South-East European Gas Pipeline (SEEP). (euractiv.com)
- The 166-kilometer (103-mile) pipeline is connected to Nord Stream, a pipeline that crosses the Baltic Sea and brings natural gas from Russia's Siberia. (yahoo.com)
- Meanwhile, Russian First Premier Viktor Zubkov noted that beyond South Stream, the Nord Stream gas pipeline to Germany and the Nabucco gas pipeline to Europe would help diversify the regional energy sector, ITAR-TASS reported. (upi.com)
- Brussels (AFP) - European Union member states adopted a Franco-German compromise on Friday allowing Berlin to remain the lead negotiator with Russia on the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline to Europe. (yahoo.com)
- Nord Stream 2 faces opposition from many countries in eastern and central Europe, the United States and particularly Ukraine because it risks increasing Europe's dependence on Russian natural gas. (yahoo.com)
- Combined with the planned TurkStream pipeline across the Black Sea, Nord Stream 2 would mean Russia could bypass Ukraine in providing gas to Europe, robbing Moscow's new foe of transit fees and a major strategic asset. (yahoo.com)
- The Nord Stream 2 pipeline has stirred debate as Germany looks to source energy as it phases out nuclear and coal production. (go.com)
- European Parliament rapporteur Jerzy Buzek said that "with today's deal, all future gas pipelines from non-EU countries, including Nord Stream 2, will have to abide by EU rules. (go.com)
- Already Russia has developed one new pipeline, called Nord Stream , which ships gas to Germany via the Baltic Sea. (csmonitor.com)
- MOSCOW (RIA Novosti) -- Germany issued permission on Monday for the construction of Russia's Nord Stream gas pipeline in its exclusive economic zone. (tehrantimes.com)
- Earlier, Germany permitted the construction of the Nord Stream gas pipeline in its territorial wasters. (tehrantimes.com)
- Nord Stream AG, the project operator, has already received permits from Denmark, Sweden and Russia through whose waters the pipeline will pass, and also the Finnish exclusive economic zone permit and a permit for the 50-kilometer (31-mile) section of the pipeline in German territorial waters and landfall in Lubmin near Greifswald. (tehrantimes.com)
- A massive gas explosion at the Colonial Pipeline Co in Alabama shuts the pipeline for the second time in two months. (reuters.com)
- An explosion rocked a TransCanada pipeline in Moundsville, West Virginia and the surrounding community yesterday. (inhabitat.com)
- A February order halting construction permits for Energy Transfer pipelines also is still in effect after state officials accused the company of failing for months to fix erosion and soil problems blamed for an explosion on a methane pipeline that destroyed a home in western Pennsylvania. (washingtontimes.com)
- But analysts say if the explosion had taken place in winter, Europe could have been left without gas. (rt.com)
- Russian gas supplies to Greece have been halted due to a pipeline explosion in Bulgaria. (rt.com)
- About once a year gas line damage led to an explosion in Indiana. (indystar.com)
- They lost what they call home': Danger of natural gas explosions lurks just beneath surface About once a year gas line damage led to an explosion in Indiana. (indystar.com)
- About once a year - eight times in eight years - gas line damage led to an explosion in Indiana, a federal pipeline safety agency reports. (indystar.com)
- This is how you can prevent an explosion if you smell natural gas. (indystar.com)
- But construction workers do still dig into natural gas pipelines, and utilities sometimes fail to locate them promptly or accurately, risking explosion. (indystar.com)
- I can't stress enough that we need to follow the rules and regulations when it comes to natural gas," said Plainfield Fire Territory Chief Joel Thacker, who worked the Camby explosion and fire. (indystar.com)
- An explosion damaged several feet portion of the gas line causing disruption of gas supply to Quetta, Mastung, Qalat, Pishin and Ziarat districts, he added. (thaindian.com)
- This was followed by a large explosion heard across the city and witnesses said 15-meter high flames could be seen shooting up from the pipeline. (jpost.com)
- Villagers and activists supporting them in the Ardahan province, just north of the explosion, have suffered state torture and harassment due to their critiques of the pipeline. (globalpolicy.org)
- Only six weeks prior to the explosion, BTC's repair team completed welding work after eighteen months of problems at one point on the pipeline not far to the west. (globalpolicy.org)
- The pipeline's owner, Millennium Pipeline Co., has reduced pressure on the line, lessening the risk of explosion, but there are concerns that its problems may extend beyond a leak spotted by workers in January. (propublica.org)
- Richard Kuprewicz, a pipeline safety expert and consultant, said an explosion on the line could be significantly larger than the one that killed eight people in San Bruno, Calif., in September because the Millennium operates at more than double the pressure, even after the recent reduction. (propublica.org)
- An explosion and fire that ripped through Austria's main gas pipeline hub on Tuesday killed one person and injured at least 18 others, prompting Italy to. (cyprus-mail.com)
- PLYMOUTH, Wash. -- Four people were injured and around 1,000 people were evacuated from their homes Monday morning when a natural gas pipeline ruptured, causing a risk of greater explosion within a two-mile zone, the Tri-City Herald reported . (q13fox.com)
- Enbridge has said it wants to get its pipeline capacity up to 80 per cent after the unexplained explosion, but Beardow says that won't be enough to get them through the winter, especially if it's cold. (timescolonist.com)
- Detractors pointed out the safety issues involved with locating a high-volume, high-pressure gas transmission pipeline through towns and near neighborhoods that would be within the explosion blast zone of a leak. (wikipedia.org)
- On March 4, 1965, a 32-inch (810 mm) diameter TGP gas transmission pipeline explosion north of Natchitoches, Louisiana, destroying five homes and killing 17 people including nine children, the deadliest gas transmission pipeline accident in U.S. history. (wikipedia.org)
- The much-needed Turkmen gas will be available for 30 years and address long term energy needs of India as domestic gas availability beyond 2020 has not been established. (hindustantimes.com)
- In 2020 the pipeline also began distributing gas from Israel inside Jordan, while the underwater branch to Israel was reversed to allow gas from Israel to flow to Egypt. (wikipedia.org)
- The pipeline is expected to be completed in mid-2019 and will supply Jordan with 3 BCM of natural gas per year starting in 2020. (wikipedia.org)
- As part of the project, gas will travel through the expanded South Caucasus Pipeline in Azerbaijan and Georgia, before joining TANAP (Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline) in Turkey. (bp.com)
- The Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline, or TANAP, is also part of Turkey's ambition of becoming a major energy hub. (voanews.com)
- The Turkish Stream pipeline, if realized, could become a significant competitor to the Trans-Anatolian Pipeline, or TANAP, which would ship up to 31 billion cubic meters of gas per years from the Caspian Sea from Azerbaijan westward through Turkey and eventually to Europe. (csmonitor.com)
- First, the Trans-Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP) will take the gas from Azerbaijan through Georgia and Turkey . (csmonitor.com)
- Turkey and Azerbaijan have signed an agreement to build the Trans-Anatolia Gas Pipeline (TANAP), a move welcomed by the European Commission as a major step towards completing the Southern Gas Corridor project. (euractiv.com)
- TANAP could eventually carry as much as 31 bcm, equal to the planned capacity of the Nabucco gas pipeline. (euractiv.com)
- Energy Commissioner Günther Oettinger welcomed the signature of the TANAP deal, which would establish for the first time a direct pipeline link from the European Union to the Caspian Sea. (euractiv.com)
- TANAP is an additional opportunity, and it could be linked to Nabucco and feed natural gas into it. (euractiv.com)
- The EBRD financing will fund the completion of the Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) that passes through Turkey . (ebrd.com)
- TANAP is a key part of the SGC which will strengthen Europe's energy security, promote interconnectivity and open gas markets. (ebrd.com)
- Two days later, the rival EU-backed Nabucco project, aimed at bringing gas from the Caspian Sea and Middle East, hit back. (ft.com)
- In 2004 the project was revived after the UNDP 's report Peace and Prosperity Gas Pipelines by Pakistani petroleum engineer , Gulfaraz Ahmed, was published in December 2003. (wikipedia.org)
- On 12 June 2013, the newly elected prime minister of Pakistan , Nawaz Sharif , allayed any fears regarding the abandonment of the project and said that the Pakistani government is committed to the fulfillment of the project and targets the first flow of gas from the pipeline in December 2014. (wikipedia.org)
- The premier also stated that his government is planning to commit to the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India gas pipeline project as well. (wikipedia.org)
- The decision, which followed a six-year review, removes a major obstacle to the 16.2-billion-Canadian-dollar (US$16.1 billion) Mackenzie Gas Project, which proposes to bring gas from Canadian fields in the Northwest Territories bordering the Arctic Ocean to other pipelines and refineries that serve the North American market. (wsj.com)
- But even as the Mackenzie partners, led by Calgary-based Imperial Oil Ltd. , proceed to the next stage of development, some industry watchers worry the economics of the project no longer make sense amid the recent glut of gas extracted from rocks known as shale. (wsj.com)
- Canada's energy regulator approved the pipeline even as it acknowledged the steep drop in gas prices since the project was first proposed. (wsj.com)
- Alaska took a major step toward realizing a long-sought pipeline to move natural gas from the North Slope to Asia, siding with interests from China after major oil companies stepped back from the project. (usatoday.com)
- The state of Alaska will attempt to advance a multibillion dollar natural gas pipeline project with the help of interests from China. (usatoday.com)
- The agreement Alaska Gov. Bill Walker signed Thursday in Beijing with Sinopec, China Investment Corp. and the Bank of China does not guarantee a pipeline will be built, but it gives the lingering liquefied natural gas project a jolt of life. (usatoday.com)
- In the agreement, Sinopec would be the customer buying the gas, the bank would be the lender for Sinopec and China Investment Corp. would be an investor if there were to be an equity investment in the project. (usatoday.com)
- The Power of Siberia pipeline is a "project of symbolic importance for China-Russia cooperation," said Xi, who expressed hope that the pipeline will become a driving force for economic and social development in the regions it traverses. (yahoo.com)
- The project delivers LNG under long term contracts to GDF Suez (GSZ.PA), Total and Korea Gas Corp (036460.KS). (reuters.com)
- Just a few days ago the DC Circuit Court of Appeals upheld FERC orders approving the 197-mile, 1.7 Bcf/d Atlantic Sunrise Project (connecting PA gas to mid-Atlantic markets), denying numerous objections from anti-gas environmental groups. (forbes.com)
- In the case of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline, utilities Dominion Energy and Duke Energy Corporation said delays and the anticipated challenges to the project, which was first proposed in 2014, upended construction plans even after the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 last month that the pipeline could pass under the Appalachian Trail. (yahoo.com)
- The energy commission issued Kern River and a competing company, WyCal Pipeline Co., certificates to build a pipeline, leaving it up to the marketplace to decide which company actually would build the project. (deseretnews.com)
- Brunsdale, who ran unsuccessfully for Congress last year, characterized the pipeline project as a modern-day "California gold rush" whose benefits to the public have not been weighed against the cost. (deseretnews.com)
- The suit also asks for an environmental review of the recently approved Altamont Natural Gas Pipeline project, which starts in Canada and could connect into the Kern River pipeline, possibly doubling volume and pressure in the Kern River project. (deseretnews.com)
- It is almost 20 years since the discovery of gas off the west coast by Enterprise Oil sowed the seeds for the project. (rte.ie)
- Proposed Tennessee Gas Pipeline project (in purple) and Metacomet Trail. (courant.com)
- The corporation backing a massive new natural gas pipeline proposal for New England and Connecticut pulled the plug on the project Wednesday, citing a lack of assurances that ratepayers would help pay for the $3.3 billion system. (courant.com)
- Kinder Morgan, the nation's biggest energy infrastructure company and the primary sponsor of the project, announced that its "Northeast Energy Direct" proposal hasn't gotten the commitments it needed from New England utilities seeking more natural gas to generate electricity. (courant.com)
- While critics of the pipeline project may be celebrating, the decision to halt the project appears to be a setback for Gov. Dannel P. Malloy. (courant.com)
- Supporters of the pipeline project argued that lack of additional access to natural gas has cost New England consumers $7.5 billion in higher energy costs during the past three years. (courant.com)
- In the statement issued Wednesday, Kinder Morgan officials said the company and its subsidiary on the project, the Tennessee Gas Pipeline Co., "have suspended further work and expenditures" on the project. (courant.com)
- The project is particularly important for Germany as the country relies on Russia for a third of its oil and gas imports. (rferl.org)
- The Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) natural gas pipeline project has moved closer to realisation with petroleum ministry set to approach the cabinet for approval of Gas Sales and Purchase Agreement (GSPA) between GAIL and Tukmen Gaz for delivering hydrocarbon at Fazilka in Punjab. (hindustantimes.com)
- The NSCS is of the view that security of the pipeline was of critical consideration in order to assess long term viability of the project. (hindustantimes.com)
- Although there are geopolitical risks in the project, if India is able to cover its risks and get environmental friendly methane gas delivered at Pakistan-India border, then the long term gas availability in north India at a reasonable price will be beneficial to economy in the long run. (hindustantimes.com)
- AP) - Pennsylvania's attorney general said Tuesday that his office has opened an investigation into construction on a 350-mile natural gas liquids pipeline project across southern Pennsylvania that has been blamed for polluting waterways in dozens of places and causing sinkholes near homes. (washingtontimes.com)
- The safety of all those who live and work along our pipeline is our first priority, and this project was planned and implemented based on that fact," the company said. (washingtontimes.com)
- The Sangachal terminal, located an hour's drive from the country's capital, Baku, has been expanded as part of Shah Deniz 2, a giant project that will boost gas production in Azerbaijan. (bp.com)
- France's earlier support for giving EU countries more say in the pipeline project appeared likely to shift the balance away from Germany. (yahoo.com)
- Merkel has so far insisted that the pipeline is a 'purely economic project' that will ensure cheaper, more reliable gas supplies. (yahoo.com)
- The Turkish and Azerbaijani presidents on Tuesday inaugurated a key pipeline carrying natural gas from Azerbaijan's gas fields to Turkish markets and eventually to Europe, part of a wider Southern Gas Corridor project that aims to diversify gas supplies and reduce countries' dependence on Russia. (voanews.com)
- Regulators in New York likewise blocked a natural gas pipeline because of standards to protect streams and wet lands, despite the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approving the project in 2014. (usatoday.com)
- Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg supports the project, which would transport up to 800 million cubic feet of gas a day, as a way of meeting New York City's growing energy needs. (nytimes.com)
- The $1.2 billion project, proposed by Spectra Energy of Houston, includes 15.2 miles of new pipeline that would run from Staten Island through Bayonne, N.J., and Jersey City before crossing over to Manhattan beneath West Street. (nytimes.com)
- Mr. Holloway said the project would make the city's energy supply more reliable and help reduce emissions of soot and heat-trapping greenhouse gases by providing an alternative to more polluting energy sources like oil. (nytimes.com)
- This project is driven by a desire to bring additional, reliable, competitively priced gas supplies to New Jersey and New York end users," the order said. (nytimes.com)
- Landrieu, a supporter of the Keystone XL pipeline, has set a vote tomorrow on a bipartisan bill that would bypass the administration and clear the project after several delays. (futuresmag.com)
- The project to deliver gas to energy-deficient South Asia has been discussed for more than a decade but progress has been slow because of hostility between India and Pakistan, as well as concerns over Iran's nuclear programme. (hindustantimes.com)
- But since taking over the ministry, Deora has strongly backed the project, saying it was vital for the energy security of the country, which imports 70 percent of the oil it consumes and is able to meet barely half the demand for natural gas. (hindustantimes.com)
- The move was important for the pipeline, keeping the project on track to begin construction in 2015. (csmonitor.com)
- State lawmakers brought back mixed messages from an energy conference in Washington, D.C., where the merits of a proposed Alaska pipeline - Gov. Sarah Palin's hallmark project - were viewed against increased competition from both shale and liquefied natural gas. (spokesman.com)
- And before a shovel has even been put into the ground for the pipeline, some lawmakers are having second thoughts about giving Calgary-based TransCanada Corp. up to a half-billion dollars to get the estimated $30 billion project moving. (spokesman.com)
- The global recession, combined with the new sources of natural gas, are creating surpluses in the Lower 48 that could depress prices for years to come, and possibly stall the Alaska project. (spokesman.com)
- Natural gas was trading around $7 per 1,000 cubic feet when the Legislature passed the inducement act in 2007 and briefly soared to more than $10 in 2008, making the project more enticing. (spokesman.com)
- A leading natural gas pipeline company in Houston, TX awards Maximo upgrade project to Cohesive Solutions. (prweb.com)
- President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday affirmed the Nigerian government's commitment to ensure timely delivery of the landmark Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano Gas (AKK) pipeline project within budgetary allocation and specifications. (vanguardngr.com)
- The pipeline entered the national consciousness this fall when as a vice presidential candidate, Palin touted her work at pushing the project through the Alaska Legislature. (miamiherald.com)
- The project had broad support from former President George W. Bush, who signed off on creating a federal pipeline coordinator and in 2004 agreed to loan guarantees and federal tax credits for the project. (miamiherald.com)
- Mass. court ruling seen as blow to a multi-billion dollar natural gas pipeline project and to Gov. Malloy's hope to expand natural gas use here in Connecticut. (courant.com)
- Eversource officials this week withdrew their petitions for long-term Massachusetts contracts to buy gas from the Access Northeast pipeline project that was intended to expand natural gas supplies for Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. (courant.com)
- In April, the corporation backing another major natural gas pipeline project for New England dropped its support for the proposal. (courant.com)
- Officials of Kinder Morgan, the nation's biggest energy infrastructure company and main sponsor of the Northeast Energy Direct project, pulled the plug on its plan because of a lack of assurances that electricity ratepayers would pay for the $3.3 billion pipeline. (courant.com)
- Access Northeast was a project to dramatically expand the existing Algonquin gas pipeline in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. (courant.com)
- Southern's Cypress Pipeline Project would be located in various counties in southern Georgia and northern Florida. (ferc.gov)
- The project will link to the expanded Southern Caucasus pipeline corridor through Georgia to a variety of proposed links in the European Union. (euractiv.com)
- The original Nabucco project called for connecting the Azerbaijan gas supplies to the Baumgarten hub near Vienna. (euractiv.com)
- SEEP is a British Petroleum pipeline project from Turkey through Bulgaria to the Romanian-Hungarian border. (euractiv.com)
- As the Shah Deniz consortium's chosen project for the southern route into Europe, via Greece, Albania and Italy, we welcome the contribution that this development brings to opening up the Southern Gas Corridor. (euractiv.com)
- Initially the EU's flagship project was Nabucco, designed to supply to Europe from the Caucasus and the Middle East to a gas hub in Austria, via Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania. (euractiv.com)
- We certainly disagree with the decision and are reviewing our options to determine any appropriate next steps regarding this pipeline project," the department's spokeswoman Erica Ringewald said in a statement. (courthousenews.com)
- The project is part of a potential $3 billion-$4 billion pipeline expansion linking the Northern Territory's gas pipelines to the east coast grid. (afr.com)
- He was speaking as Jemena announced the proposed route for the 585-kilometre Galilee Gas Pipeline, which would link ASX-listed Galilee Energy's Glenaras gas project near Longreach into Jemena's existing Queensland Gas Pipeline. (afr.com)
- He said the line could be delivering gas into the Queensland market in the early 2020s, depending on progress by Galilee Energy on the gas production project. (afr.com)
- The project wouldn't be the first pipeline to cross the Appalachian Trail. (progressive.org)
- Under the Obama Administration, the EPA cautioned that approval of a project like the Mountain Valley Pipeline could lead to "overbuilding, unnecessary disruption of the environment and unneeded exercise of eminent domain. (progressive.org)
- MOUNT VERNON, NY-The only roadblock to the final approval of a $700 million 425-mile Millennium natural gas pipeline is a two-mile area of Westchester County where some local residents plan to continue to battle against the project. (globest.com)
- The Millennium project, which was first presented to the FERC in December 1997, will be constructed and operated by a partnership formed by four energy companies - Columbia Gas Transmission, a subsidiary of NiSource Inc., MCN Energy, Inc. (globest.com)
- More than 90% of the pipeline's 425-mile overland route will use existing utility corridors, with approximately 224 miles of the project replacing and upgrading a 50-year-old pipeline system owned and operated by Columbia Gas Transmission Corp. (globest.com)
- JUNEAU - The Legislature has hired an expert on energy in China to offer political advice and analysis on the state's nascent partnership with that country on Alaska's massive proposed natural gas export project. (adn.com)
- He'll also help the Legislature analyze the state's recent agreement to jointly develop a huge pipeline and LNG export project with three Chinese entities: oil company Sinopec, the Bank of China and China Investment Corp., a state-owned investment fund. (adn.com)
- The project, Alaska LNG, would include a natural gas pipeline running 800 miles from the North Slope oil fields to the Kenai Peninsula. (adn.com)
- The EBRD Board of Directors has approved a US$ 500 million regional project today that will help finance the delivery of crucial energy supplies from the Caspian Sea through to Europe along the Southern Gas Corridor (SGC) and make an important contribution to energy security and diversification. (ebrd.com)
- Pakistan (is) fully committed to implement IP gas pipeline project without any foreign pressure," Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources Ghulam Sarwar said. (com.pk)
- IP gas project is top priority for Pakistan more than any other gas pipeline project. (com.pk)
- Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project was envisaged in view of its low cost terrestrial transportation from neighbouring Iran that already supplies 80 to 100 megawatts of electricity to Gwadar in Balochistan. (com.pk)
- Commonwealth s project is slated to be an installation of 120 miles of 30-inch pipeline from the middle of Pennsylvania through North Coventry, South Coventry, Warwick, West Vincent and Union townships. (dailylocal.com)
- However, in December, T he Patriot-News in Harrisburg reported the Commonwealth Pipeline project is on hold indefinitely and The Philadelphia Inquirer reported the same in its March 11 issue. (dailylocal.com)
- Islamabad: Oil ministers from Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India (TAPI) signed a draft framework Thursday, agreeing to start construction work of the TAPI gas pipeline project in 2010. (siliconindia.com)
- After two-day talks in the Pakistan's capital, the ministers from the four nations told a joint press conference that the construction work on the delayed TAPI pipeline project will be inaugurated in 2010. (siliconindia.com)
- This is the first time India, which was invited as an observer to the Asian Development Bank funded project in 2006, is participating in talks on the pipeline as a full-fledged member. (siliconindia.com)
- The proposed pipeline project starts from Turkmenistan's Daulatabad field through Herat and Kandahar in Afghanistan to Multan in Pakistan, and finally extends up to Pakistan-India border. (siliconindia.com)
- Indian Petroleum Minister Murli Deora, whose visit marks the first formal contact between India and Pakistan since the new Pakistani coalition government took office last month, will also hold talks with Pakistan on the $7-billion Iran- Pakistan-India (IPI) gas pipeline project Friday. (siliconindia.com)
- New Delhi has not been attending talks on the IPI project since mid-2007 over differences on the transit fee and transportation tariff to be charged by Pakistan for Iranian gas sent to India. (siliconindia.com)
- The project, with an estimated total cost of $13 billion, was announced in December 2014 during Putin's visit to Turkey as an alternative to the canceled South Stream pipeline through Bulgaria, which the Bulgarian government killed due to European pressure. (zerohedge.com)
- Putin said the need to develop the Turkish Stream natural gas project had been stressed in his talks with Erdogan, adding that Russia also actively planned to expand its hydrocarbon exports eastward to China, Japan and India . (zerohedge.com)
- Vermont Gas Systems has halted work on a Franklin County pipeline project, is investigating the drug-testing policies of a contractor and re-inspecting the work that has been done after two contracted employees were arrested for manufacturing methamphetamine. (burlingtonfreepress.com)
- Because of their duties, Teixeira said Vermont Gas will re-inspect X-rays of welds on the project. (burlingtonfreepress.com)
- The project, which is to construct a 16-inch transmission-pressure pipeline, is already behind schedule, Vermont Gas Systems spokesman Steve Wark said, as it was scheduled to be completed in December. (burlingtonfreepress.com)
- Vermont Gas halted work on the project Jan. 22, he said. (burlingtonfreepress.com)
- In 2014, Kinder Morgan proposed Northeast Energy Direct Project (NED), a new branch of 117 miles (188 km) of greenfield pipeline to move natural gas from Pennsylvania to Wright, New York and 129 miles (208 km) of greenfield pipeline to Dracut, Massachusetts. (wikipedia.org)
- Ultimately the NED project was shelved due to a shortage of enough customers to justify an increased natural gas supply in New England. (wikipedia.org)
Section of the pipeline4
-   On 11 March 2013, inauguration of the construction works on the Pakistani section of the pipeline were inaugurated by president of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari and president of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad . (wikipedia.org)
- Bulgargas emergency services are currently working to fix the damaged section of the pipeline. (rt.com)
- The main section of the pipeline through Egypt and Jordan is 36 inches (910 mm) in diameter, with compressor stations located approximately every 200 km - providing for a maximum annual gas discharge of 10.3 billion cubic meters (BCM). (wikipedia.org)
- This section of the pipeline belongs to Turkish state oil company Botas, but is recognised as an essential link in BP's regional pipeline network, including by USAID. (globalpolicy.org)
Power of Siberia2
- Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin inaugurated the pipeline - dubbed the "Power of Siberia" - through a joint video conference. (yahoo.com)
- Russian President Vladimir Putin attends a joint video conference with Chinese President Xi Jinping during inaugurating the Power of Siberia pipeline in the Bocharov Ruchei residence in the Black Sea resort of Sochi, Russia, Monday, Dec. 2, 2019. (click2houston.com)
- The Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline , also known as the Peace pipeline , or IP Gas ,  is an under-construction 2,775-kilometre (1,724 mi) pipeline to deliver natural gas from Iran to Pakistan . (wikipedia.org)
- Later Iran made a proposal to extend the pipeline from Pakistan into India. (wikipedia.org)
- The report highlighted benefits of the pipeline to Pakistan, India and Iran. (wikipedia.org)
- On 30 January 2013, the Pakistan's federal government approved a deal with Iran for laying the Pakistan's segment of a pipeline. (wikipedia.org)
- Iran is opposed to the construction of a Trans-Caspian pipeline network because of the potential for ecological damage to littoral states, officials said. (upi.com)
- Deputy Oil Minister Hossein Noqrekar Shirazi said Iran is opposed to the construction of the planned 434-mile gas artery across the Caspian seabed, the Iranian Mehr News Agency reported. (upi.com)
- Iran, meanwhile, held talks with officials from Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Russia for development of the proposed 963-mile Neka-Jask oil pipeline, he added. (upi.com)
- RFE/RL) 24 January 2006 -- Pakistan says a plan to build a natural-gas pipeline from Iran to India through its territory should go ahead as scheduled. (rferl.org)
- The PM said the pipeline is very important for the economic progress of India, Iran and Pakistan and he is confident that the pipeline will come through," Deora told reporters after meeting the prime minister along with his Pakistani counterpart. (hindustantimes.com)
- But even so, Indian officials say the country needs to explore other sources of energy for its rapidly expanding economy including accessing liquefied natural gas (LNG) and building pipelines from Iran, Myanmar or Turkmenistan. (hindustantimes.com)
- The two nations are now negotiating a pipeline deal for natural gas from Iran to Pakistan, that the US is trying to stop. (hubpages.com)
- The Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline, also known as the Peace Pipeline, is a 2,775-kilometer pipeline to deliver around one billion cubic feet/day of natural gas from Iran to Pakistan. (com.pk)
- Iran has already laid pipelines on its part, while Pakistan has yet to lay 781-kilometre in territory considering the US sanctions on the western Asian nation. (com.pk)
- The minister and the ambassador have agreed to have a meeting of working group on IP gas pipeline before the minister's visit to Iran. (com.pk)
- New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) Two days after Iran and Pakistan agreed to form a joint company to raise funds for the Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline, India said it was still interested in going ahead with the pipeline. (thaindian.com)
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulates the operations, safety, and rates of these pipelines. (maine.gov)
- On November 20, 2014, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ("FERC") issued their Final Rule ("Rule") pertaining to natural gas pipeline system maps under the Natural Gas Act, simplifying the process of updating pipeline maps. (martindale.com)
- 1991-98: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, FERC Automated System for Tariff Retrieval (FASTR database), available at http://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/gen-info/fastr/index.asp as of Feb. 18, 2004. (bts.gov)
- The staff of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (Commission or FERC) has prepared a draft environmental impact statement (EIS) on the natural gas pipeline facilities proposed by Southern Natural Gas Company (Southern) and Florida Gas Transmission Company (FGT) in the above-referenced dockets. (ferc.gov)
- On Dec. 19, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) issued an interim order authorizing the construction and operation of the Millennium natural gas pipeline. (globest.com)
- Spano had asked the FERC to postpone its decision on the Millennium gas pipeline until a determination was made by New York State's Department of State on whether the pipeline would violate the New York State Coastal Management Program. (globest.com)
- He adds that despite the FERC ruling he will continue to oppose the pipeline. (globest.com)
- FERC left it to market forces to determine if one or two pipelines would be built. (deseretnews.com)
- The Gunpowder Riverkeeper, Theaux M. LeGardeur, told the FERC in a five-page letter that 'pipeline failure … poses a significant risk to the water resources in this environmentally sensitive area' and called on the agency to conduct a thorough environmental review. (mcall.com)
- Its estimated capacity approaches 1.1 trillion cubic feet of natural gas per year. (upi.com)
- Planners anticipate a launch date of 2013 to bring an estimated 1.1 trillion cubic feet of natural gas to European customers. (upi.com)
- The event could impact around 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of gas service - Reuters reported that one billion cubic feet of gas could power around five million American homes. (inhabitat.com)
- Energy analysts have estimated New England will soon need an additional 1 billion to 2 billion cubic feet of natural gas annually to meet the region's growing energy demands. (courant.com)
- Mark Myers, Palin's pipeline coordinator and former head of the U.S. Geological Survey, said he is confident the economics for getting Alaska's known 35 trillion cubic feet of gas to market are stronger than ever. (spokesman.com)
-  The diameter of the pipeline is 36 inches (910 mm) and has a capacity of 10.3 billion cubic metres (360 billion cubic feet) of natural gas per year. (wikipedia.org)
- The pipeline will transport 700 million cubic feet of natural gas per day to markets in New York and the northeast United States. (globest.com)
- Pakistan then will buy 750 million cubic feet of natural gas per day in 2014. (hubpages.com)
- Reportable incidents also include a gas loss of 3 million cubic feet or more, or one that is considered 'significant' in the company's opinion for some other reason. (mcall.com)
- Pakistan has to rely on import of liquefied natural gas from Qatar considering the depleting local gas reserves and to bridge two billion cubic feet/day of shortfall. (com.pk)
- The new pipeline would "bring up to 2.2 billion cubic feet per day (62×10^6 m3/d) of natural gas from the Marcellus shale fields to New England and Canadian markets. (wikipedia.org)
- Russia, meanwhile, is hinting at another winter showdown if Kiev struggles to pay its gas bill . (ft.com)
- BEIJING (AP) - China and Russia launched on Monday a gas pipeline that is more than 6,000 kilometers (3,750 miles) long, an outcome of their long-planned energy partnership. (yahoo.com)
- As its relationships with Europe and the United States have grown more volatile, Russia is looking to bring its vast natural gas resources to the east. (yahoo.com)
- We cannot exclude on the basis of general preconditions that construction of such a pipeline will be economically feasible," he was quoted as saying by Russia news agency Tass. (upi.com)
- 23 Bcf/d last January), West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio now produce more gas than any other nation except the U.S. itself and Russia. (forbes.com)
- This had raised concerns in Berlin that resistance from other EU members could undermine plans for the undersea pipeline between Russia and Germany. (yahoo.com)
- China and Russia launched Monday a more than 6,000 kilometer-long gas pipeline in one realization of the countries' long-planned energy partnerships. (click2houston.com)
- BRUSSELS -- The European Union's main institutions have agreed on a tentative deal that will increase the bloc's role in managing a gas pipeline from Russia to Germany amid concerns about the region's dependence on Russian energy. (go.com)
- Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said earlier on Saturday Turkey and Russia had reached a retroactive agreement for a 10.25 percent discount on the natural gas Ankara buys from Moscow. (reuters.com)
- European Union nations get nearly one-third of their gas supplies from Russia, and so far half of that amount has been flowing through Ukraine. (csmonitor.com)
- That supply, however, has been interrupted three times in the past decade, in 2006, 2009 and 2014 , because of political and pricing disputes between Kiev and Moscow, leading the EU to search for alternative sources of fuel and Russia to develop alternate routes for its pipelines. (csmonitor.com)
- The European Union relies on Russia for 34% of its natural gas imports, and with Russia showing a fondness for cutting off gas supplies when it wants to prove a point, the EU for years has sought supply diversity. (csmonitor.com)
- it just wants to see some pipeline built that cuts out Russia. (csmonitor.com)
- Azerbaijan has started natural gas deliveries to Georgia - one day after a series of explosions in the Russian Caucasus region of North Ossetia knocked out the main supply line from Russia to Georgia amid a prolonged spell of sub-zero temperatures. (voanews.com)
- Emergency officials worked through the night to fill a separate pipeline from Russia to Azerbaijan so that more than a million residents of Georgia could meet the start of the day with heat. (voanews.com)
- But the effort appears to have done little to warm up the bitter rhetoric coming from Georgia, which accuses Russia of deliberately cutting off the gas to punish Georgia for its pro-Western policies. (voanews.com)
- The developments come as Turkmenistan's president, Saparmurat Niyazov, continues a rare visit to Russia Monday expected to focus on expanding natural gas supplies. (voanews.com)
- Turkmenistan is the second largest producer of natural gas in the former Soviet Union, after Russia. (voanews.com)
- Villagers in Akhali-Samgori in Georgia narrowly escaped disaster when bombs were dropped alongside a nearby pipeline during the 2008 war with Russia. (globalpolicy.org)
- The event, hosted at the newly-expanded BP-operated Sangachal terminal, marks a symbolic milestone ahead of first commercial gas deliveries to Turkey, which are expected by the middle of this year. (bp.com)
- It will deliver 6 billion cubic meters of gas per year to Turkey and 10 billion cubic meters to Europe. (voanews.com)
- Turkey had delayed issuing a permit for the Russian company to start building the land-based parts of the pipeline which, if completed, would allow Moscow to reduce its reliance on Ukraine as a transit route for its gas supplies to Europe. (reuters.com)
- That pipeline will carry Russian gas to Turkey and into Europe, sidestepping routes through Ukraine that have been shut off amid political disputes. (csmonitor.com)
- Of that total, the pipeline will deliver 6 bcm to Turkey, and the remaining 10 bcm to markets Europe . (csmonitor.com)
- In the first period, 10 bcm of Azeri gas will be sold to Europe and 6 bcm to Turkey. (euractiv.com)
- Erdo?an noted that the volume of gas to be delivered to Turkey would rise depending on country's need. (euractiv.com)
- The commission takes the position that the alternative - to use the existing pipeline network in Turkey - implies risks, as there are capacity constraints in central Anatolia. (euractiv.com)
- Caspian gas will now have a dedicated route across Turkey to the European Union, and that is good news for TAP. (euractiv.com)
- After meeting in Istanbul with his Turkish counterpart Berat Albayrak, President Tayyip Erdogan's son-in-law, Steinitz said the two had discussed the possibility of building a natural gas pipeline from Israel to Turkey. (haaretz.com)
- Exporting gas to our neighbours in the region or to Europe through different pipelines, this is of course very important, and of course one of the important options is connecting to Europe through a pipeline to Turkey,' he told reporters. (haaretz.com)
- A recent blast on BP's South Caucasus Gas Pipeline has put a stop to gas exports from Azerbaijan to Turkey. (globalpolicy.org)
- A blast on the Turkish section of BP's South Caucasus Gas Pipeline has shut down fuel exports, putting a stop to gas exports from Azerbaijan to Turkey. (globalpolicy.org)
- We know from the statements by the whistleblowers that construction of the pipeline in Turkey had been substandard. (globalpolicy.org)
- Turkey and the north are discussing the creation of a pipeline to connect the two and transport natural gas, which could be up and running. (cyprus-mail.com)
- Transporting natural gas to Turkey from Israel and Cyprus seems to be under current market conditions the most viable option, but not without geopolitical. (cyprus-mail.com)
- As noted previously, once completed the pipeline will carry Russian natural gas to Turkey under the Black Sea, and on to Greece and Europe. (zerohedge.com)
- Still, the gas pipeline will not be in service until 2019 at best and state officials say lawmakers need to focus on a long-term prize that could be the state's next economic lifeline. (spokesman.com)
Hazardous Materials Safety Administration2
- 4 1990-2009: U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Office of Pipeline Safety, available at http://ops.dot.gov/stats.htm as of July 14, 2011. (bts.gov)
- The leak resulted from a faulty weld that hadn't passed an inspection but was installed anyway, a review by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration found . (propublica.org)
- Gas markets were rattled across the entire country because the push to get gas to the high demand, high priced Northeast strained the national system and our pipeline infrastructure couldn't carry enough to even the market out. (forbes.com)
- Since then, the Trump administration eased rules on methane emissions from oil and gas infrastructure, nixed regulations forcing federal agencies to consider climate change projections when permitting projects, and proposed severely limiting NEPA reviews. (yahoo.com)
- Climate activists dogged state regulators, warning that building new gas infrastructure either guaranteed its usage past the point scientists say is safe or risked saddling New Yorkers with imprudent energy costs. (yahoo.com)
- Here is an in-depth look at the specific vulnerabilities of a natural gas pipeline, and a status check on the security of five key sectors of U.S. infrastructure. (popularmechanics.com)
- Pipelines and other sprawling infrastructure systems have many remote, unmanned substations. (popularmechanics.com)
- Instead of asking what gas supply arrangements are needed to meet growing demand, they should instead ask first: "What investments in clean non-pipeline alternatives can we make in order to avoid the need for new gas infrastructure? (api.org)
- It's building sufficient natural gas infrastructure so that more Americans can benefit from America's natural gas wealth. (api.org)
- Building infrastructure to meet consumers' rising demand for natural gas is critical in places like New York, where temperatures are brutally cold in the winter and many people are still forced to rely on heating oil in their homes. (api.org)
- Con Edison's recently announced moratorium on new natural gas service to homes and businesses in the southern part of affluent Westchester County, just north of New York City - is a loud wakeup call to the entire state on the consequences of stalling or blocking critical pipeline infrastructure. (api.org)
- New England has long struggled to supply enough natural gas to keep people warm and safe during winter months, causing shortages and creating unnecessary stress on the power grid because of a severe lack of sufficient infrastructure in the region, and sending spot prices through the roof. (api.org)
- States must have a role in the process for siting energy infrastructure like pipelines, and any efforts to curb this right to protect our residents will be fought tooth and nail," Cuomo said. (usatoday.com)
- We've acknowledged that New England has a problem with inadequate gas pipeline infrastructure,' said Katie Dykes, the Malloy administration's deputy commissioner in charge of energy policy. (courant.com)
- When [Massachusetts] pulls out, that's a pretty big dent in attempts for public subsidies for new gas infrastructure,' Miller said. (courant.com)
- While New York declared a moratorium on drilling natural gas through hydraulic fracturing - better known as fracking - the state never banned the infrastructure and energy plants that support it. (courthousenews.com)
- Gas pipeline developer Jemena is eyeing the Northern Australian Infrastructure Facility to help fund a proposed $600 million pipeline that would connect Queensland's inland Galilee Basin to the gas grid and provide more fuel into the stretched east coast market. (afr.com)
- The Southern Gas Corridor includes gas infrastructure investments into a 3,500-kilometre pipeline running through six countries with a total cost of US$ 40 billion. (ebrd.com)
- Infrastructure accidents had been common in the two years since oil had begun to flow along the pipeline. (globalpolicy.org)
- The planned TransCanada and Denali pipelines would stretch some 1,700 miles from the Alaskan North Slope to customers in the lower 48. (upi.com)
- At that time, TransCanada CEO Russ Girling referred to it as "truly a best-in-class pipeline" and said the company looked forward "to many years to safe, reliable and efficient operation on behalf of our customers. (inhabitat.com)
- TransCanada said after the event, which they referred to as the Nixon Ridge Pipeline Incident, "emergency response procedures were enacted and the segment of impacted pipeline was isolated. (inhabitat.com)
- The proposed acquisition comes just after TransCanada, Enbridge's main rival, closed its $13 billion purchase of Columbia Pipeline that boosted its gas position in the U.S. (financialpost.com)
- TransCanada agreed to buy Columbia Pipeline Group and beware of the ketchup controversy. (financialpost.com)
- The Alaska Legislature last summer granted TransCanada Corp. an exclusive state license to build the gas line, which would start on Alaska's North Slope and cross Canada to reach U.S. markets. (miamiherald.com)
- Operated by TransCanada, the Millennium Pipeline pumps fuel from Ontario to Westchester, snaking through vast swaths of New York State along the way. (courthousenews.com)
Coldest winter days2
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is confident a $7 billion pipeline to carry Iranian gas to India across Pakistan will be built, Oil Minister Murli Deora said on Friday. (hindustantimes.com)
- Negotiations are due but we are on the right line towards progress," said Petroleum Secretary R.S. Pandey on the sidelines of a conference on gas scenario in India. (thaindian.com)
- Pakistan still hasn't officially nominated Tadbir Energy and local sub-contractors to begin work on the Pakistani half of the pipeline. (wikipedia.org)
- CALGARY-Canada's National Energy Board approved plans Thursday to build a 740-mile pipeline to ship natural gas south from the Arctic. (wsj.com)
- CenterPoint Energy Inc. workers shut down the gas flow to the pipeline, which released a "ball of flames" at an intersection near Interstate 35 W, Minneapolis Assistant Fire Chief Cherie Penn said. (wsj.com)
- The pipeline went into operation as a joint venture formed in May 2001 by Pelican Point Power (a subsidiary of International Power and operator of the Pelican Point Power Station) and Origin Energy (a major Australian energy producer and retailer). (sourcewatch.org)
- Brian Frank, the president of gas marketing at oil and gas major BP, said the frozen credit market and the world economic crisis put the American energy sector on its heels, the Anchorage Daily News reported. (upi.com)
- Attendees also heard analysts highlight challenges presented by gas discoveries in the rest of the United States along with a shift toward renewable energy resources. (upi.com)
- Natural gas is quickly becoming our go-to source of energy: it has far lower emissions ( here ) and also backs up more intermittent renewables ( here ). (forbes.com)
- It should also never be forgotten that pipelines are also easily the safest and most economic way to transport energy. (forbes.com)
- Just as importantly, we are building an immense oil and gas export complex to bring reliable and affordable fuels to an energy-deprived world. (forbes.com)
- In the rich Western economies, for instance, oil and gas supply over 60% of all energy. (forbes.com)
- The U.S. Department of Energy reports that the majority of new power plants in this country will be natural gas, a hefty 235,000 MW of additional gas capacity in the coming decades. (forbes.com)
- Places like New York and New England have shown that pipeline blocking means energy prices that are 50% or higher above the national average, hurting American families and businesses. (forbes.com)
- Environmentalists are mounting increasingly sophisticated challenges, and clean energy is eroding the dominance the oil and gas industry once held over the electricity, heating and transportation markets. (yahoo.com)
- But Pakistani Foreign Ministry spokesman Tasnim Aslam said his country would not bow to U.S. pressure because Pakistan needs gas to meet growing energy requirements. (rferl.org)
- The Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources has given final approval to Shell to operate the Corrib gas pipeline and terminal in Co Mayo. (rte.ie)
- During an inauguration ceremony in Babayevo, Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov said the pipeline would increase the energy security of the participants. (rferl.org)
- German Economy and Technology Minister Michael Glos said yesterday: 'I am happy that tomorrow [9 December] I will participate in the inaugural ceremony, the first welding of this natural gas pipeline, that in the future will make the supply of energy for our country and the European continent more secure. (rferl.org)
- If Russian energy exports no longer cross these countries' territories, Moscow could be less inclined to sell them gas at below-market rates. (rferl.org)
- During a visit to Warsaw this week, EU Energy Commissioner Andris Piebalgs attempted to allay some of these concerns, saying that the Russian and German companies involved had promised to conduct environmental studies before starting to build the pipeline. (rferl.org)
- The Mariner East pipelines run alongside each other and are owned by Texas-based Energy Transfer LP, a multibillion-dollar firm that owns sprawling interests in oil and gas pipelines and storage and processing facilities. (washingtontimes.com)
- France, a pivotal player in the EU gas talks, had said earlier it would support European Union oversight of new offshore energy pipelines. (yahoo.com)
- Erdogan said the pipeline would not only ensure energy security but also increase the 'welfare of the people on its route. (voanews.com)
- It doesn't fit their definition of "clean energy" - which is odd, given the fact that clean natural gas is the main reason U.S. carbon dioxide emissions from the power sector are at their lowest level in a generation . (api.org)
- Natural gas heats homes, prepares meals and fuels the generation of a third of our electricity - a number the U.S. Energy Information Administration projects could increase to more than 50 percent in 2040. (api.org)
- The United States, which wants to sell its liquefied natural gas to Germany and other European countries, has called the pipeline a form of Russian control over Germany and a threat to European energy security. (go.com)
- EU Energy Commissioner Arias Canete said "that everyone interested in selling gas to Europe must respect European energy law. (go.com)
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has approved the construction of a much-debated natural gas pipeline that would run beneath the Hudson River from New Jersey into the West Village in Manhattan, connecting with Consolidated Edison's distribution system. (nytimes.com)
- Connecting the Southern Corridor will also mark the realization of a major goal of the U.S. Government, which has long-supported the extraction of Azeri oil and gas as a means to improve European and American energy security. (csmonitor.com)
- One of the companies affected by the pipeline cyberattack, Energy Transfer Partners, reported the issue with its Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system. (techtarget.com)
- The EDI system is a platform used by all kinds of companies to exchange documents like invoices, and, in the case of the natural gas pipeline companies, to encrypt, decrypt, track and translate important energy transactions. (techtarget.com)
- Bloomberg reported this week that Energy Transfer Partners and at least three other pipeline companies, including Oneok Inc., Boardwalk Pipeline Partners LP and Chesapeake Utilities Corp.'s Eastern Shore Natural Gas, felt the effect of the pipeline cyberattack on the EDI provider and had their systems for customer communication disabled. (techtarget.com)
- Eastern Shore Natural Gas said its outage started March 29 and Energy Transfer Partners told SearchSecurity that it didn't experience any operations downtown as a result of the attack. (techtarget.com)
- There is little information available about the pipeline cyberattack, though the Latitude Technologies unit at Energy Services Group told Bloomberg that it does not believe any customer data was compromised and that it is looking into the issue. (techtarget.com)
- Natural gas is likely to be a major player in the nation's push to promote energy independence and clean abundant fuels. (spokesman.com)
- With adequate supplies keeping prices stable, it could serve as a bridge until renewable energy technologies are better developed, even allowing greenhouse-gas-emitting coal plants to be replaced with cheaper, more efficient gas-powered plants to generate electricity. (spokesman.com)
- In just the last 10 years, more than 20,000 miles of new natural gas pipeline have been built and brought online and another 10,100 miles are planned by 2010, according to the Energy Information Administration. (spokesman.com)
- Strange bedfellows: Could injecting electricity into the natural gas pipeline be the key to storing renewable energy? (financialpost.com)
- e Beginning in 1991 the number of interstate natural gas pipeline companies is calculated using the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's FASTR database, which contains a listing by year of pipeline companies that are regulated and, therefore, required to pay tariff duties to the federal government. (bts.gov)
- Data for the years prior to 1991 were collected from the Energy Information Administration's discontinued publication Statistics of Interstate Natural Gas Pipeline Companies. (bts.gov)
- 6 1960-90: U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration, Statistics of Interstate Natural Gas Pipeline Companies (Washington, DC: Annual Issues), preface. (bts.gov)
- Alaskans have "appreciated your strong support for the construction of such a pipeline," Palin wrote, adding that the pipeline should be "a significant component of North American energy policy in the years to come. (miamiherald.com)
- Eversource, which supplies energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, hoped to use similar financing to pay for pipeline costs in Connecticut. (courant.com)
- The Northeast Energy Direct plan would have included a spur line into Connecticut to bring more gas from the fracking well fields in the Marcellus shale regions of Pennsylvania and New York. (courant.com)
- Turkish Energy Minister Taner Y?ld?z and his Azeri counterpart Natiq Aliyev signed the deal yesterday (27 June) to build the €5.6-billion pipeline that will span 2,000km. (euractiv.com)
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which previously approved the pipeline, declined to comment on the ruling. (courthousenews.com)
- What had held up the permits for the pipeline fueling the Valley Energy Center, however, were not bribery allegations but environmental concerns. (courthousenews.com)
- Although the pipeline at issue here is located entirely within New York and will deliver gas only to the Valley Energy Center, it will receive out‐of‐state gas from the Millennium mainline. (courthousenews.com)
- Speaking at a Platts LNG forum on Friday, Adam Bacon at Australian Industrial Energy, which is proposing to import LNG through Port Kembla , cited estimates of $11.10-$11.50 a gigajoule for the delivered price of new gas from central Queensland or the Beetaloo to customers in the southern states. (afr.com)
- Angela Macdonald-Smith writes on the resources industry with a focus on energy, including gas, oil, electricity and renewables. (afr.com)
- Most pipelines, energy corridors, and similar things are developed where ATC and advocates for public land have a strong voice early in the process, so that we can help identify more appropriate locations and locations that should be avoided," Downs tells The Progressive . (progressive.org)
- MOUNT VERNON, NY-The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission issued a preliminary go-ahead to the controversial $700 million Millennium natural gas pipeline, which will stretch from the U.S. Canadian border through New York State and ending here. (globest.com)
- Israeli Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz said he would welcome more involvement by Turkish firms in the Israeli energy sector, particularly in gas exploration, and said 'detailed dialogue' between the two governments would begin in the coming months. (haaretz.com)
- Last year, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission granted certificates to two competing pipeline companies, Kern River Gas Transmission and WyCal Pipeline Co., to construct 800-mile lines that would carry Wyoming gas to assorted markets in southern California. (deseretnews.com)
- Some oil and gas pipeline companies are Kinder Morgan, Inc., Energy Transfer Equity L.P. and Tesoro Logistics L.P., states the Dividend and Yahoo Finance websites. (reference.com)
- The compressor station, developed by Innovative Natural Gas, a spinoff of Charlestown's Alternative Vehicle Service Group, is believed to be the first of its type in Massachusetts and part of a growing segment of New England's energy industry. (bostonglobe.com)
- While the trucked-in version is more expensive than piped natural gas, the company's switch from oil has cut the fuel costs at these plants by 20 to 40 percent, said Dan Brodeur, New England energy manager for Oldcastle, which has US headquarters in Atlanta. (bostonglobe.com)
- Industrial prices of natural gas have run at least half the price of fuel oil in recent years, according to the US Energy Department. (bostonglobe.com)
- SOUTHINGTON, Conn. - A Houston energy company executive told a Connecticut business group that a regional natural gas pipeline would keep businesses from moving to states where energy is cheaper. (pressherald.com)
- New England is plagued by high energy costs because of pipeline bottlenecks and the region's governors said last week they will pursue a mix of regional and state actions to cut energy costs. (pressherald.com)
- The Northeast Energy Direct line is one of about 20 pipeline projects being proposed in the Northeast, where it has come up against some opposition over environmental and scenic concerns, fears of reduced property values and the belief that relying solely on natural gas delays a move to renewable sources such as wind or solar. (pressherald.com)
- Kinder-Morgan sees natural gas as "bridge energy" to the future. (pressherald.com)
- If businesses can leave in search of cheaper energy, homeowners are "stuck in places where they have to pay their energy bills and (are) making choices about daily life based upon their inability to pay natural gas bills," Fore said. (pressherald.com)
- Officials of Columbia and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission say the plans could change, but Raymond said that under the proposed route he would lose 35 to 40 trees as the existing right of way is expanded by about 25 feet to make way for a second pipeline. (mcall.com)
- PSE Kinsale Energy Limited will be commencing the survey of the 24" Gas Export Pipeline on 6 March 2012 using the Marine Institute vessel RV Celtic Voyager (call sign EIQN). (afloat.ie)
- In September 2016, the National Electric Power Company (NEPCO) signed a 15-year agreement with Noble Energy, a Houston-based company that holds the largest share in the Israeli Leviathan Gas Field, with the aim of receiving $10 billion-worth of natural gas supplies. (jordantimes.com)
- In January, the Department of Lands and Survey (DLS) published an advertisement in Al Rai newspaper, announcing that the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources had acquired some lands along Irbid, Ramtha and Mafraq where the pipeline is expected to be built. (jordantimes.com)
- While the Turkish Minister of Energy blames the Kurdish PKK for attacking the pipeline, the real cause of the blast is still unknown given diverging accounts of the Turkish government, gas companies and the PKK. (globalpolicy.org)
- Industry observers also are keeping a close eye on Massachusetts, where the Supreme Court is set to decide a case in which the commonwealth's approval of an energy contract for pipeline expansion was challenged by environmental activists. (pressherald.com)
- Amid a fast-changing energy landscape, in which low oil and gas prices and competing pipeline projects confounded past assumptions, regulators had to predict whether making consumers help pay for more gas would translate into lower wholesale electric prices, and in turn, lower electric rates. (pressherald.com)
- Cyprus and Egypt are close to signing an agreement for connecting the Aphrodite gas field to the North African country, Energy minister Giorgos Lakkotrypis said on. (cyprus-mail.com)
- The initial proposal was to build a 14-in diameter high-pressure gas pipeline, operating at 15 MPa. (sourcewatch.org)
- In addition, Palin has called for an in-state small diameter line to deliver North Slope natural gas to urban Alaska markets. (spokesman.com)
- The General Manager of Sui Southern Gas Co. in Balochistan, Mushtaq Ahmed, said that 18-inch diameter gas pipeline was blown up near Kolpur in Bolan district. (thaindian.com)
- Jemena's base case is for the pipeline to carry 200 terajoules a day of gas, although it could be built with a larger diameter from the start to allow for higher volumes. (afr.com)
- The planned pipeline was roughly 350 miles (560 km) long and would be 36 inches (910 mm) in diameter. (wikipedia.org)
- On February 18, 2000, a 24-inch diameter Tennessee Gas Pipeline at Marcellus, New York, leaked natural gas when a pipe cracked. (wikipedia.org)
- It originates near Arish in the Sinai Peninsula and was built to export Egyptian natural gas to Jordan , Syria , and Lebanon , with branch underwater and overland pipelines to and from Israel . (wikipedia.org)
- On 27 May 2013, Iranian deputy minister for petroleum, A. Khaledi, in a letter to the Pakistan government expressed concern over the delay in the start of the Pakistani portion of the pipeline. (wikipedia.org)
- The study committee will examine the safety of pipeline facilities that transport or store only petroleum gas, or mixtures of petroleum gas and air, for service to 100 or fewer customers. (trb.org)
- The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Monday, disclosed that financing for the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) gas pipeline would be provided by China and Sinosure. (vanguardngr.com)
Involving a natural-gas-pipeline1
- A fire involving a natural-gas-pipeline broke out in south Minneapolis Thursday but caused no injuries and was extinguished about an hour after it began, a city official said. (wsj.com)
- Market analysts and officials from oil and gas majors met in Anchorage at an industrial conference to discuss the possibility of developing natural gas arteries from Alaska. (upi.com)
- Yemeni officials said the attack on France's Total gas pipeline was in retaliation for the killing of the head of the media department of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula in an air raid on militant outposts in Yemen. (reuters.com)
- Residents and officials said the 200 mile pipeline, which links gas fields in Maarib, east of Sanaa, to a $4.5 billion Total-led liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant, was attacked soon after the raids. (reuters.com)
- In explaining their decision, Kinder Morgan officials cited the failure of New England states to provide guarantees that local utility ratepayers would help pay for the cost of building the massive pipeline system. (courant.com)
- Unexploded mines on the seabed are a concern for environmentalists (epa) Russian and German officials today observed the start of construction on the Baltic Sea natural gas pipeline. (rferl.org)
- An EU diplomat said US officials lobbied their European counterparts until just before the start of Friday's meeting in a bid to block the gas pipeline. (yahoo.com)
- But antidrilling groups and many public officials in the region, including the mayors of Hoboken and Jersey City, oppose the pipeline, and legal challenges are expected. (nytimes.com)
- Spectra officials said they hoped to begin construction on the pipeline, an expansion of the company's Texas Eastern Transmission and Algonquin Gas Transmission interstate pipeline systems, in June and to complete the work by November 2013, when the pipeline would start service. (nytimes.com)
- A natural gas pipeline erupted in flames near Houston after it was accidentally cut Wednesday afternoon by a contractor, officials said. (insurancejournal.com)
- Columbia Gas Transmission officials say that the earliest construction would begin on the venture would be the spring of 2003. (globest.com)
- State officials, environmental groups and the owners of a natural gas pipeline in Pennsylvania reached an agreement to allow drilling to continue while providing protections to the public. (wtae.com)
- Officials told the Herald people would remain evacuated to give the gas time to dissipate naturally. (q13fox.com)
- Vermont Gas officials maintain that the five-mile pipeline under construction in St. Albans and Georgia is safe. (burlingtonfreepress.com)
- The Kinder Morgan proposal met with immediate resistance from local and state officials, conservation organizations, and more than twenty Massachusetts towns that the proposed pipeline would cross. (wikipedia.org)
- Transit fees for gas transported through the South Caucasus Pipeline are expected to start in 2007. (imf.org)
- The damaged pipeline carries gas sucked from the Shah Deniz field deep beneath the Caspian Sea over the Caucasus mountains and the Anatolian plateau, where it feeds into the Turkish gas grid. (globalpolicy.org)
- If Nabucco can add the Kurdish gas to Caspian gas from Azerbaijan it has already contracted, it might start raising its $10bn financing. (ft.com)
- The estimated $5 billion Trans-Caspian gas pipeline would run from the Aktau port in Kazakhstan across the Caspian to Baku, Azerbaijan. (upi.com)
- TAP will carry natural gas from the resource-rich Caspian basin in Azerbaijan to Western Europe. (csmonitor.com)
- Europe is now a step closer to its aim to get gas directly from Azerbaijan and the other countries in the Caspian region,' Oettinger said. (euractiv.com)
Tennessee Gas Pipeline Com1
- The 11,900-mile (19,200 km) long system is operated by the Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, a subsidiary of Kinder Morgan. (wikipedia.org)
-  Construction was carried out on an engineer-procure-construct (EPC) basis by a joint venture between Australian pipeline company AJ Lucas Group and French company Spie Capag. (sourcewatch.org)
- The gas company said they couldn't because there was a leak in the pipe from the service line to the house. (freeadvice.com)
- Japanese company Marubeni Corp. in December signed a memorandum of understanding with Novatek, Russia's largest independent natural gas company. (upi.com)
- The company evacuated nearly half its foreign staff to neighboring Djibouti, and sent some local and French engineers to start repairing the pipeline. (reuters.com)
- They hoped to get at least $60,000 for it.Now, the Kern River Gas Transmission Company wants to condemn a right of way through the Heinings' land. (deseretnews.com)
- Extensive tests were carried out at the facility in Bellanaboy for a number of months and it is expected that the company will start operations and bring the first gas from the Corrib field ashore in the coming days. (rte.ie)
- We remain committed to safely constructing this critically needed pipeline and look forward to a timely notice to proceed," said Marylee Hanley, a spokeswoman for the company. (nytimes.com)
- Russia's state gas company will soon begin surveying for a pipeline through the Black Sea. (csmonitor.com)
- It was Latitude Technologies -- which is a Texas-based company that provides EDI and other services to over 100 U.S. natural gas pipelines -- that was the target of the cyberattack. (techtarget.com)
- The Canadian company won an exclusive state license to build the pipeline under the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act, and with it up to $500 million in state incentives. (spokesman.com)
- Another company, formed by ConocoPhillips and BP PLC, is proposing its own pipeline without the incentives. (spokesman.com)
- A leading natural gas pipeline company based out of Houston, Texas has selected Cohesive Solutions to serve as system integrator to lead a complex Maximo upgrade. (prweb.com)
-  The Egyptian consortium that developed this section included EGAS , ENPPI, PETROGET and the Egyptian Natural Gas Company (GASCO) . (wikipedia.org)
- Fire brigades were bringing the flames under control after the company operating the pipeline cut off the gas supply. (jpost.com)
- The pipeline is run by Gasco, Egypt's gas transport company which is a subsidiary of the national gas company EGAS. (jpost.com)
- In 2015, Millennium Pipeline Company LLC applied for water quality certifications from both state and federal regulators. (courthousenews.com)
- A Charlestown company will break ground next month on a 3.5-acre facility in Worcester that will compress natural gas so it can be loaded onto trucks and delivered to industrial and commercial customers without access to pipelines. (bostonglobe.com)
- The company operates about 200 miles of pipeline in Maryland and has had few failures along the routes here, and none that hurt anyone, according to regulatory filings. (mcall.com)
- In that instance, in July 2007, the most recent in federal reports, a company employee at a Dundalk installation suffered burns to his mouth and arms as he was installing a new heater used to prevent freezing of the equipment that measures gas as it flows from the line. (mcall.com)
- The six gas leaks in the 1980s include one in 1987 in which Columbia Gas equipment in Frederick County was damaged when a building next to it owned by another utility company was set afire by lightning. (mcall.com)
- The pipeline is not a public utility, but a private company. (dailylocal.com)
- Theresa Gibbon, a spokeswoman for Millennium Pipeline Co., confirmed the company is working with federal regulators but would not specify what measures it is taking. (propublica.org)
- According to the Herald, the pipeline rupture occurred Monday morning at the Williams Company, a liquefied natural gas processing plant, near Highway 14 in Plymouth, Wash. (q13fox.com)
- He says the company is getting more fuel from an Alberta pipeline and has received permission from the B.C. Utilities Commission to purchase natural gas on the open market. (timescolonist.com)
- The gas company provided that information Friday afternoon to the state Public Service Board in response to the board's Jan. 29 request for information related to the Jan. 14 arrests. (burlingtonfreepress.com)
- However, with the Public Service Board and the public raising questions about the safety of building a gas pipeline with workers who are accused of drug activity, the company is pledging to do more. (burlingtonfreepress.com)
- The first pipeline was constructed by Tennessee Gas Transmission Company (TGT) beginning in 1943. (wikipedia.org)
Major natural gas pipeline1
- A major natural gas pipeline stretching across southern New York may be at risk of rupturing and poses a safety threat, according to a recent inspection by federal regulators. (propublica.org)
- President Donald Trump signed executive orders to hasten construction on the Dakota Access and Keystone XL, a long-proposed oil pipeline from Canada, during his first week in the White House. (yahoo.com)
- Environmental groups rebuked Trump's orders, which follow his decision last month to issue a new presidential permit for the stalled Keystone XL oil pipeline . (usatoday.com)
- There are three interstate pipelines located in Maine but that are not regulated by the Maine Public Utilities Commission. (maine.gov)
- Millennium's mainline system is linked to interstate pipelines that run both in and out of the state of New York," the 12-page opinion states. (courthousenews.com)
- Opponents of a giant interstate natural-gas pipeline have had their worst nightmares come true. (deseretnews.com)
- An estimated 16 billion cubic meters (bcm) of natural gas will be piped from the Shah Deniz, one of the largest gas fields in the world. (csmonitor.com)
- On June 28, 2013, the BP -led Shah Deniz consortium selected TAP as its choice to carry Caspian gas to the West. (csmonitor.com)
- Nabbuco was bidding for the same gas from Shah Deniz II, but industry experts have said two projects competing for the same gas would make no sense. (euractiv.com)
- On Sunday, two major utilities canceled plans to build the Atlantic Coast Pipeline, a 600-mile conduit to carry fracked gas from West Virginia through Virginia to North Carolina, despite a favorable Supreme Court ruling just weeks earlier. (yahoo.com)
- Early Thursday morning, a pipeline exploded in West Virginia. (inhabitat.com)
- A proposed gas pipeline would span about 300 miles from West Virginia to the southern part of Virginia, running alongside the trail for about 15 miles and impacting its visual quality for around 100 miles. (progressive.org)
- The Mountain Valley Pipeline, proposed by EQT Corporation and Mountain Valley Pipeline LLC, would span about 300 miles from West Virginia to the southern part of Virginia. (progressive.org)
- Tennessee Gas Pipeline (TGPL) is a set of natural gas pipelines that run from the Texas and Louisiana coast through Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, and Pennsylvania to deliver natural gas in West Virginia, New Jersey, New York, and New England. (wikipedia.org)
President Donald Trump1
- Aiming to streamline oil and gas pipeline projects, President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders making it harder for states to block construction because of environmental concerns. (usatoday.com)
- At the supply end of the pipeline, there is an 18-in (460 mm) lateral that connects EnergyAustralia's Iona, Victoria Gas Plant and Origin Energy's Otway facility to the main pipeline and a 18-in (360 mm) bidirectional connection between the Minerva Gas Processing Plant and the Victorian gas transmission network. (sourcewatch.org)
- It would be the first major natural gas transmission line to reach the city in 40 years. (nytimes.com)
- This course includes in-class exercises and its content complements the ASME B31.8 Code, which covers the design, operation, maintenance, and repair of natural gas distribution and transmission pipelines. (asme.org)
- On a fateful day in 1968, gas leaking from a cast iron transmission line exploded outside a downtown sporting goods store. (indystar.com)
- PMC is still the current emergency responder to any pipeline emergency across Britain's distribution and transmission networks. (nationalgrid.com)
- Damon Hill, a spokesman for the safety administration, said the pipeline's operator, Columbia Gas Transmission, has until the end of the year to inspect the line and fix problems. (propublica.org)
- In the Duckworth - Eiber Report, researchers showed that many gas transmission pipelines are dangerously close to homes and schools. (wikipedia.org)
- SANAA/ADEN (Reuters) - Security forces shot dead at least 12 people protesting against the rule of Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh in the capital Sanaa Saturday and al Qaeda insurgents blew up a pipeline, halting the nation's gas exports. (reuters.com)
- Sources at Total told Reuters the pipeline was blown up in two places, stopping the supplies that feed the Belhaf LNG plant. (reuters.com)
- A natural gas pipeline exploded in West Virginia's Marshall County, located right in the midst of the huge Utica and Marcellus shale formations, Reuters said . (inhabitat.com)
- CAIRO (Reuters) - A blast hit the Al Arish-Al Qantara natural gas pipeline in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula on Thursday, witnesses and local authorities said. (yahoo.com)
- Egyptian gas exports were reduced dramatically in 2011 - initially due to sabotage (mostly to its feeder pipeline in Sinai), followed by natural gas shortages in Egypt which forced it to discontinue gas exports by the mid 2010s. (wikipedia.org)
- With such gas shortages, heating oil was forced to make up about 35% of New England's electricity during the time, which is highly problematic for those in the region that promote themselves as "climate leaders" but continually block new gas pipeline capacity: heating oil's CO2 emissions are 30-40% higher than those for natural gas. (forbes.com)
- For example, I'd argue that it's anti-American that policymakers in Massachusetts would rather import liquefied natural gas from Yemen and others in times of shortages and not promote policies to receive gas from nearby other U.S. states. (forbes.com)
- The pro-government Addounia TV station also reported the attack and said the blast, which occurred near Telkalakh, close to the Lebanese border, caused a leak of about 460,000 cubic meters of gas.Syria has faced gas shortages as pipelines come under attack while President Bashar Assad's forces try to crush protests and an armed insurgency aimed at toppling him. (jpost.com)
- Are you worried about future natural gas shortages in Connecticut? (courant.com)
- Hart told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette other companies were on the scene too - some operate pipelines just a few hundred feet away from the ruptured pipeline. (inhabitat.com)
- Shell applied for ministerial consent to operate the pipeline and the onshore terminal last August. (rte.ie)
- Sections of the pipeline continued to operate in Jordan to facilitate domestic transport of gas. (wikipedia.org)
- Many oil and gas pipeline companies operate as Master Limited Partnerships, which means that they pay dividends to their shareholders. (reference.com)
- A December investigation by the news organization Remapping Debate found that regulation of more than 2 million miles of natural gas pipelines across the country is largely left to the companies that operate the lines. (propublica.org)
- Geography influences all aspects of an oil and gas company's work-from locating and extracting new resources to improving field management and ensuring HSE compliance. (esri.com)
Construction of the pipeline2
- However, the commission stated that if no such agreement can be reached, it would select a route and issue a final order approving the construction of the pipeline. (globest.com)
- We are firmly on schedule to start construction of the pipeline in spring 2010 and to start transporting gas in 2011", Nord Stream's managing director, Matthias Warnig, said. (tehrantimes.com)
- Mark Vannoy, the PUC chairman, said in an interview after the vote that the region's heavy and growing reliance on natural gas leaves the state at risk for future price spikes. (pressherald.com)
- That was completed in 2014 and marked the completion of a pipeline stretching from the terminal in Bellanaboy to the gas field, some 85 kilometres offshore. (rte.ie)
- The second section extended the pipeline in Jordan from Aqaba through Amman to El Rehab , (24 kilometres (15 mi) from the Syrian border). (wikipedia.org)
- But Mr Green said that rather than being piped thousands of kilometres to gas-short Victoria and NSW, Galilee gas would more likely displace gas now being used to supply domestic and export customers, freeing up more southerly resources and saving transportation costs. (afr.com)
- It is 840 kilometres (520 mi) long between the Ballera gas plant in the Eromanga Basin in southwestern Queensland and Mount Isa, a significant mining community in northwestern Queensland. (wikipedia.org)
- The supply points of the pipeline are Mica Creek Power Station, Diamantina Power Station, Mount Isa Mines, Century Mine, Phosphate Hill Power Station, and via the 96 kilometres (60 mi) Cannington Lateral, Cannington Mine and Osborne, Queensland. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2007, then-Vice President Dick Cheney urged the Alaska Legislature to act on a gas line proposal. (miamiherald.com)
- As the (pipeline) proposal has developed, we have seen one instance after another where the interests and welfare of Kern River and WyCal have been satisfied over those of the public. (deseretnews.com)
- Supervisors Chairman Donald E. Basile and Supervisor Nelson L. Ott Jr. said the township s best plan for managing the 30-inch natural gas pipeline proposal was to offer an alternate installation route that would follow public right-of-ways or go under roads. (dailylocal.com)
- Austria's OMV and Hungary's MOL, two Nabucco partners, took stakes in two gas fields in Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan. (ft.com)
- These might yet provide enough gas to get Nabucco - which has struggled to sign up suppliers and customers - off the ground. (ft.com)
- Alongside its Nabucco efforts, the EU needs to invest a lot more in storage capacity and connections between gas networks to avoid more January shivers. (ft.com)
- Leaders from the six partners in the proposed Nabucco gas pipeline kicked off a two-day meeting Monday in Budapest to discuss the project's potential. (upi.com)
- The main objective will be to discuss and decide on a road map to go ahead," the Iranian Fars News Agency quoted Reinhard Mitschek, managing director of the Nabucco gas pipeline consortium, as saying. (upi.com)
- Nabucco would travel some 2,051 miles through host nations Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania to bring gas from Caspian and Middle Eastern suppliers to Europe. (upi.com)
- This led European policymakers to push for a pipeline from the Caspian, originally in the form of the Nabucco pipeline, which would have run through Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, and terminating in Austria. (csmonitor.com)
- Both Nabucco and TAP served the purpose of cutting out Russia's plan of building a pipeline underneath the Black Sea. (csmonitor.com)
- A Commission press release said three remaining projects are in competition to bring the gas from the Turkish-EU border deeper into the European Union: Nabucco West, SEEP and TAP. (euractiv.com)
- A pre-selection of the two pipeline projects aiming to supply gas to Northern Europe - Nabucco West and SEEP - is due to take place by the end of the month. (euractiv.com)
Russian President Vladimir Putin1
- Russian President Vladimir Putin said in June that the pipeline would start operating in 2010 and would be able to deliver 27 billion cubic meters of gas a year. (rferl.org)
- In contrast to a "common misconception" that pipelines look like the Alaskan pipeline - aboveground and snaking across pristine areas - natural gas pipelines are underground and known to visitors only because of a marker, Fore said. (pressherald.com)
- It remains unclear if the pipeline corridor to Europe would go through Bulgaria or Greece. (euractiv.com)
- Several pipeline projects are competing with one another to bring to life the southern gas corridor - a vague blueprint to supply Europe with gas from the Caspian and the Middle East. (euractiv.com)
- Originating in Texas, we track nearly 40 pipelines covering 11,000 miles either being built or in pre-construction development. (forbes.com)
- In fact, the oil and gas industry has been pushing for more communication with federal regulators. (forbes.com)
- Regulators consequently carried out extensive analysis that determined the pipeline was not necessary to meet regional demand. (yahoo.com)
- The pipelines are the subject of various lawsuits and challenges in front of state regulators. (washingtontimes.com)
- Regulators have fined utilities more than $2 million since 2014 for pipeline safety violations. (indystar.com)
- MANHATTAN (CN) - A controversial natural gas power plant tied to a New York corruption scandal dodged unrelated legal troubles on Monday, as the Second Circuit kept state regulators at bay. (courthousenews.com)
- Federal regulators gave the pipeline the green light the following year, but their state counterparts waited nearly two years before rejecting Millennium's application. (courthousenews.com)
- The article Persian Pipeline also mentioned the method for its protection along the hostile territory by establishing mini battalion-size cantonments along its proposed route through Balochistan/Sindh. (wikipedia.org)
- If allowed to continue, VT Gas will be able to use eminent domain to seize land for their pipeline, including the lands of Middlebury College staff and faculty who live along the pipeline route. (google.com)
- This was modified to dual 14-in pipes for 338 km of the route and an 18-in pipe for the remainder when TRUenergy joined SEA Gas to accommodate the additional capacity required by the Torrens Island Power Station. (sourcewatch.org)
- PRIMDA, Czech Republic (AP) -- The Czech Republic has opened a pipeline that provides an alternate route for Russian gas imports and will help supply other parts of the EU. (yahoo.com)
- The pipelines are expected to follow more than 400 miles of the same route beneath the Black Sea as had been planned for South Stream, then switch to a new route to reach land on Turkey's European coast. (csmonitor.com)
- The FERC's interim order authorized construction of more than 99% of the proposed pipeline route. (globest.com)
- One local official who has expressed his displeasure with the route of the pipeline is Westchester County Executive Andrew Spano. (globest.com)
- In order to protect environmentally-sensitive areas and township residents property rights, the supervisors recently offered an alternate route to Commonwealth Pipeline for a proposed natural gas line it wants to build through Chester and Berks counties. (dailylocal.com)
- The pipeline route was heavily debated amid complaints about eminent domain and widespread refusal of Kinder Morgan's requests to survey the route. (wikipedia.org)
Billion cubic meters of gas1
- As for the Turkish Stream pipeline, its offshore elements will include four conduits, each capable of shipping as much as 15.75 billion cubic meters of gas per year. (csmonitor.com)
Build a natural-gas pipeline1
- JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska's decades-long efforts to build a natural gas pipeline to deliver gas to the Lower 48 look better than ever. (spokesman.com)
- Other key issues supporting pipelines include President Trump's Executive Order to stop individual states and governors from blocking projects that could greatly benefit other states. (forbes.com)
- With a pipeline shortage, a natural gas shortage is created, prices for both natural gas and electricity skyrocket, and CO2 emissions go up because more carbon-intensive fuels are forced to compensate. (forbes.com)
- After years of warnings, this remains a massive problem: Gas is increasingly being utilized in the Northeast for generating both electricity and heat. (forbes.com)
- As the main sector of use, U.S. gas demand for electricity has soared 60% since 2008 to 30 Bcf/d. (forbes.com)
- The court decision last week bars Eversource and other Massachusetts utilities from charging electricity customers to pay for construction of the expanded pipeline. (courant.com)
- Find out how we're working to keep the electricity and gas flowing reliably throughout the outbreak. (nationalgrid.com)
- Still, the imported super cool gas is relatively cheaper means of power production with its share in electricity generation having increased to around 25 percent. (com.pk)
- Natural gas is used to generate roughly half the electricity in the region. (pressherald.com)
- Tuesday's PUC decision ran counter to a recommendation last month from the agency's staff that the state's electricity and gas customers won't benefit. (pressherald.com)
- The San Bruno blast was the most deadly in a series of high-profile oil and gas pipeline accidents that have drawn attention to a lax regulatory system. (propublica.org)
- Still, Carl Weimer, executive director of Pipeline Safety Trust, an advocacy group, said the problems with the Millennium line, along with some of the recent accidents, raise questions about whether the regulatory system is breaking down. (propublica.org)