A province of Canada lying between the provinces of Manitoba and Quebec. Its capital is Toronto. It takes its name from Lake Ontario which is said to represent the Iroquois oniatariio, beautiful lake. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p892 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p391)
Computer Communication Networks
Attitude of Health Personnel
Primary Health Care
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Human Genome Project
It is a form of protection provided by law. In the United States this protection is granted to authors of original works of authorship, including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. (from Circular of the United States Copyright Office, 6/30/2008)
Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.
Radio Frequency Identification Device
Permanent roads having a line of rails fixed to ties and laid to gage, usually on a leveled or graded ballasted roadbed and providing a track for freight cars, passenger cars, and other rolling stock. Cars are designed to be drawn by locomotives or sometimes propelled by self-contained motors. (From Webster's 3d) The concept includes the organizational and administrative aspects of railroads as well.
A group of islands in Melanesia constituting a French overseas territory. The group includes New Caledonia (the main island), Ile des Pins, Loyalty Island, and several other islet groups. The capital is Noumea. It was discovered by Captain Cook in 1774 and visited by various navigators, explorers, and traders from 1792 to 1840. Occupied by the French in 1853, it was set up as a penal colony 1864-94. In 1946 it was made a French overseas territory. It was named by Captain Cook with the 5th and 6th century A.D. Latin name for Scotland, Caledonia. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p830 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p375)
Conservation of Natural Resources
Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.
Labor Stage, Third
Methodological issues in biomonitoring of low level exposure to benzene. (1/12809)Data from a pilot study on unmetabolized benzene and trans,trans muconic acid (t,t-MA) excretion in filling station attendants and unexposed controls were used to afford methodological issues in the biomonitoring of low benzene exposures (around 0.1 ppm). Urinary concentrations of benzene and t,t-MA were measured by dynamic head-space capillary GC/FID and HPLC, respectively. The accuracy of the HPLC determination of t,t-MA was assessed in terms of inter- and intra-method reliability. The adequacy of urinary t,t-MA and benzene as biological markers of low benzene exposure was evaluated by analysing the relationship between personal exposure to benzene and biomarker excretion. Filling station attendants excreted significantly higher amounts of benzene, but not of t,t-MA, than controls. Adjusting for occupational benzene exposure, smokers excreted significantly higher amounts of t,t-MA, but not of unmetabolized benzene, than nonsmokers. A comparative analysis of the present and previously published biomonitoring surveys showed a good inter-study agreement regarding the amount of t,t-MA and unmetabolized benzene excreted (about 0.1-0.2 mg/l and 1-2 micrograms/l, respectively) per unit of exposure (0.1 ppm). For each biomarker, based on the distribution of parameters observed in the pilot study, we calculated the minimum sample size required to estimate the population mean with given confidence and precision. (+info)
Design and trial of a new questionnaire for occupational health surveys in companies. (2/12809)In this article we present an example of our method for instrument development. This method is called the Development Cycle. It consists of four main stages: (1) defining the requirements for an instrument; (2) research, design and pilot testing; (3) implementation and (4) evaluation. An application of the Development Cycle was realized within a project for the development of a basic questionnaire about work and health, to be used at periodic health surveys. This questionnaire had to identify work and work-related health problems in employees with divergent occupations and working conditions. The design of the instrument and the results of its trial in 517 employees is presented. The evaluation of the test results and the modification of the questionnaire are discussed. From 1995, the questionnaire has been implemented in the Dutch OHS services quite successfully. (+info)
A chiropractic service arrangement for musculoskeletal complaints in industry: a pilot study. (3/12809)Chiropractic services are commonly used by workers with musculoskeletal problems, especially low back and neck complaints. Research into the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of this approach is, however, difficult to design without prior pilot studies. This study followed 32 workers with these complaints attending one such service and used five measures of outcome over a 6-month period. These measured pain (VAS), disability (FLP), quality of life (SF-36), perceived benefit and satisfaction with care. Additionally, sickness costs to the companies were recorded over two years encompassing the study period. Treatment utilization was also monitored. Over half the population were chronic sufferers. The effect sizes were large for pain and for seven out of eight dimensions of the SF-36 questionnaire at 6-month follow-up, although not for disability (FLP). High levels of satisfaction and perceived improvement were reported and sickness costs to the companies fell. However, the sample size in this pilot study was small and did not include controls. We would, therefore, recommend a full cost-effectiveness study incorporating a randomized trial in this area. (+info)
Biased JH usage in plasma cell immunoglobulin gene sequences from colonic mucosa in ulcerative colitis but not in Crohn's disease. (4/12809)BACKGROUND: Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory disease of the colonic and rectal mucosa. Autoantibodies have been observed in ulcerative colitis which may have a role in the pathogenesis of the disease. Evidence also suggests that there is an hereditary predisposition towards the disease, although no individual genes have been identified. AIMS: This is a pilot study of immunoglobulin heavy chain genes (IgH) in ulcerative colitis to determine whether they have any particular genetic characteristics which may lead to a better understanding of the disease aetiology. SUBJECTS: Colonic or rectal tissue was obtained from five children with ulcerative colitis. Tissue was also obtained from five children with Crohn's disease and five children who did not have inflammatory bowel disease as controls. METHODS: B cells and IgD+ B cells were identified by immunohistochemistry on frozen sections. Areas of lamina propria containing plasma cells, and areas of IgD+ B cells were microdissected. The immunoglobulin genes were PCR amplified, cloned, and sequenced. Sequences were analysed for content of somatic mutations and composition of heavy chain. RESULTS: An increase in the use of JH6 and DXP'1, and a decrease in the use of JH4, gene segments in immunoglobulin genes from lamina propria plasma cells, and from virgin IgD+ B cells, was found in patients with ulcerative colitis. These biases were not present in the control groups. CONCLUSIONS: There is a fundamental difference in the immunoglobulin genes from patients with ulcerative colitis. Whether this is caused by a difference in content of immunoglobulin gene segments in the germline or a difference in the recombination mechanism is not known. (+info)
Use of positron emission tomography in evaluation of brachial plexopathy in breast cancer patients. (5/12809)18-Fluoro-2-deoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) has previously been used successfully to image primary and metastatic breast cancer. In this pilot study, 19 breast cancer patients with symptoms/signs referrable to the brachial plexus were evaluated with 18FDG-PET. In 11 cases computerized tomography (CT) scanning was also performed. Of the 19 patients referred for PET study, 14 had abnormal uptake of 18FDG in the region of the symptomatic plexus. Four patients had normal PET studies and one had increased FDG uptake in the chest wall that accounted for her axillary pain. CT scans were performed in 9 of the 14 patients who had positive brachial plexus PET studies; six of these were either normal or showed no clear evidence of recurrent disease, while three CTs demonstrated clear brachial plexus involvement. Of two of the four patients with normal PET studies, one has had complete resolution of symptoms untreated while the other was found to have cervical disc herniation on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan. The remaining two patients almost certainly had radiation-induced plexopathy and had normal CT, MRI and PET study. These data suggest that 18FDG-PET scanning is a useful tool in evaluation of patients with suspected metastatic plexopathy, particularly if other imaging studies are normal. It may also be useful in distinguishing between radiation-induced and metastatic plexopathy. (+info)
Marimastat in recurrent colorectal cancer: exploratory evaluation of biological activity by measurement of carcinoembryonic antigen. (6/12809)Marimastat is a specific inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases that has been shown to be effective in cancer models. A pilot, escalating-dose study of oral marimastat was performed in patients with recurrent colorectal cancer, in whom evaluation of serological response was made by measurement of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) levels. The study assessed the safety and tolerability of 4 weeks administration of marimastat, and determined a dose range producing detectable serological effects. Patients were recruited with a serum CEA level greater than 5 ng ml(-1), and rising by more than 25% over a 4-week screening period. Patients were treated for 28 days and entered into a continuation protocol if a serological response or clinical benefit was observed. Pharmacokinetic and safety data determined that groups of patients were recruited sequentially at 25 mg and 50 mg twice daily, and, thereafter, 10 mg twice daily, 10 mg once daily, 5 mg once daily and 20 mg once daily. A biological effect (BE) was defined as a CEA value on day 28 no greater than on day 0; a partial biological effect (PBE) was defined as a rise in CEA over the 28-day treatment period of less than 25%. Of 70 patients recruited, 63 completed the 28-day treatment period, and 55 were eligible for cancer antigen analysis. Examination of the dose-effect relationships provides evidence for a causal relationship between marimastat and biological effects: the proportion of patients with BE or PBE was higher with twice daily dosing (16 out of 25, 64%) than with once daily dosing (11 out of 30, 37%) (P = 0.043, chi2 test). Furthermore, the median rates of rise of CEA fell markedly during treatment compared with the screening period for patients receiving twice daily marimastat (P<0.0001), but not for patients receiving marimastat once daily (P = 0.25). Musculoskeletal adverse events emerged as the principal drug-related toxicity of marimastat, occurring in a dose- and time-dependent fashion. It was concluded that marimastat was associated with dose-dependent biological effects in cancer patients. The occurrence of musculoskeletal side-effects define 25 mg twice daily as the upper limit of the dose range for continuous use in further studies. Therefore, a dose range of 20 mg once daily to 25 mg twice daily seems appropriate for further studies, which should aim to demonstrate the efficacy of the drug in terms of conventional clinical end points and describe the long-term tolerability of this novel agent. (+info)
Reactions to medical abortion among providers of surgical abortion: an early snapshot.(7/12809)(+info)
X-chromosome inactivation patterns do not implicate asymmetric splitting of the inner cell mass in the aetiology of twin-twin transfusion syndrome. (8/12809)The aetiology of twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) is unclear. We investigated the hypothesis that monochorionic (MC) pregnancies with TTTS are associated with differences in the timing and symmetry of twinning compared to MC twin pregnancies without TTTS. DNA was extracted from the umbilical cord vessels of 26 female MC twins, 14 with and 12 without TTTS on serial antenatal ultrasound. X-inactivation patterns were determined by DNA digestion with Hhal and Hpall followed by polymerase chain reaction for a polymorphic trinucleotide repeat in the androgen receptor gene. Products were quantified by densitometry and results compared to those in peripheral blood samples of adult female controls. The median degree of non-random inactivation was similar in MC twins with TTTS, in MC twins without TTTS, and in adult controls. The percentage of individuals with skewed (> or =30/70%) inactivation patterns was no different in MC twins with TTTS compared to those without TTTS, and was similar to adult controls using either enzyme technique. In conclusion we found no difference in the degree or frequency of non-random X-inactivation patterns in TTTS. X-inactivation patterns do not appear to be a useful tool for studying the symmetry of inner cell mass splitting in monochorionic twins. (+info)
User Participation in Pilot Implementation: Porters and Nurses Coordinating Patient Transports<...
TY - GEN. T1 - User Participation in Pilot Implementation. AU - Torkilsheyggi, Arnvør Martinsdóttir á. AU - Hertzum, Morten. PY - 2014. Y1 - 2014. N2 - Pilot implementations provide users with real-work experiences of how a system will affect their daily work before the design of the system is finalized. On the basis of a pilot implementation of a system for coordinating the transport of patients by hospital porters, we investigate pilot implementation as a method for participatory design. We find that to foster participation and learning about user needs a pilot implementation must create a space for reflecting on use, in addition to the space for using the pilot system. The space for reflection must also exist during the activities preparing the use of the pilot system because the porters and nurses learned about their needs throughout the pilot implementation, not just during use. Finally, we discuss how the scope and duration of a pilot implementation influence the conditions for ...
A Prospective Pilot Study to Evaluate a New Marker of Ischemia in Chest Pain Triage - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
A Single-center prospective pilot study enrolling chest pain patients. CD 26 measurement will be performed and compared to troponin µs for early triage of these patients. This novel biomarker of myocardial ischemia (CD26) will be measured at the time of first medical contact (T0) and after 30 min simultaneously o troponin Ic.. All patients aged over 18 years with chest pain which may be related to acute coronary syndrome requiring pre hospital medical contact through the Emergency Medical Service. ...
Exploration of Predictive Biomarkers of Early Infliximab Response in Acute Severe Colitis: A Prospective Pilot Study
BÜHLMANN fCAL® ELISA Citation: Beswick, L. et al. Exploration of predictive biomarkers of early infliximab response in acute severe colitis: A prospective pilot study. Journal of Crohns and Colitis. 2017 Nov 7. DOI: 10.1093/ecco-jcc/jjx146. PMID: 29121178 . Highlight from this Publication
Development and Pilot Evaluation of Modified Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Adolescents With Early Onset Psychosis |...
New life-saving treatments for Schizophrenia | schizoaffective disorder | psychotic disorders | schizophreniform disorder | delusional disorder in clinical trial on Development and Pilot Evaluation of Modified Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Adolescents With Early Onset Psychosis
A pilot investigation of load-carrying on the head and bone mineral density in premenopausal, black African women - Fingerprint...
Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of A pilot investigation of load-carrying on the head and bone mineral density in premenopausal, black African women. Together they form a unique fingerprint. ...
Nitrogen Dioxide and Respiratory Infection: Pilot Investigations | Health Effects Institute
This report describes two pilot investigations for a longitudinal study of infants designed to determine if NO2 exposure from cooking stoves increases the incidence or severity of respiratory infections during the first 18 months of life. In the first study, Drs. Samet and Spengler selected 147 households with electric or gas stoves and infants for home indoor monitoring of
Hospital room sterilization using farultraviolet radiation: A pilot evaluation of the sterilray device in an active hospital...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Hospital room sterilization using farultraviolet radiation. T2 - A pilot evaluation of the sterilray device in an active hospital setting. AU - Varma, Gaurav. AU - Savard, Patrice. AU - Coles, Christian. AU - Ross, Tracy. AU - Carroll, Karen. AU - Perl, Trish. AU - Labrique, Alain. PY - 2013/5/1. Y1 - 2013/5/1. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=84876095182&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=84876095182&partnerID=8YFLogxK. U2 - 10.1086/670214. DO - 10.1086/670214. M3 - Article. C2 - 23571376. AN - SCOPUS:84876095182. VL - 34. SP - 536. EP - 538. JO - Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. JF - Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. SN - 0899-823X. IS - 5 SPL. ER - ...
An Observational Pilot Study Evaluating the Feasibility of Conducting Genome-Wide Association Studies Utilizing Subject...
This pilot, non-interventional, observational, Web-based, prospective cohort study is designed to collect self-reported safety and effectiveness and genetic data from subjects with locally recurrent breast cancer (BC) or metastatic breast cancer (MBC), metastatic colorectal cancer (MCRC), metastatic non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer (MNSCLC), recurrent glioblastoma (RGBM), or metastatic renal cell cancer (MRCC) in the United States who have been previously treated with Avastin (bevacizumab). The cohort will be composed of male and female subjects who have been diagnosed with locally recurrent BC or MBC, MCRC, MNSCLC, RGBM, or MRCC who have received treatment with bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy, which started prior to or up to 31 December 2012. Participants will be self-referred to this study. They will be recruited online via a number of sources, including through the involvement of patient advocacy groups, social media tools, traditional media, physicians, and events to ...
A Pilot Phase II Study With BRENTUXIMAB VEDOTIN as Pre-ASCT Induction Therapy in Relapsed/Refractory Hodgkins Lymphoma...
A pilot phase II study with brentuximab vedotin as pre-autologous stem cell transplantation induction therapy in relapsed or refractory Hodgkins lymphoma
Munin: Activation of Coagulation and Fibrinolysis in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: A Prospective Pilot Study
Introduction: Coagulation and fibrinolysis remain sparsely addressed with regards to acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). We hypothesized that ARDS development might be associated with changes in plasma coagulation and fibrinolysis. Our aim was to investigate the relationships between ARDS diagnosis and plasma concentrations of tissue factor (TF), tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA), and plasminogen activator inhibitor- 1 (PAI-1) in mechanically ventilated patients at increased risk of developing ARDS. Materials and methods: We performed an ethically approved prospective observational pilot study. Inclusion criteria were patients with PaO2/FiO2 < 300 mmHg admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) for mechanical ventilation for 24 h, or more, because of one or more disease conditions associated with increased risk of developing ARDS. Exclusion criteria were age below 18 years; cardiac disease. We sampled plasma prospectively and compared patients who developed ARDS with those who did not ...
Pilot Project Tool Kit
Q1. How does an agency submit a request to establish a variance/pilot project?. A1. Agencies should submit requests, including all applicable documents, electronically to [email protected] . Ensure Pilot Request is in the subject line of the email.. Q2. When should an agency submit a request to establish a variance/pilot project?. A2. The agency must submit its request between March 31 and April 15. For variance requests in Fiscal Year 2016 only, the submission period is extended to April 29.. Q3. When will the pilot project begin after it is approved by the Commission?. A3. Pilot projects must begin on the first day of the fiscal year following approval of the variance.. Q4. Can an agency submit a general request to establish a variance/pilot project and supplement the request with additional details at a later date?. A4. No. The written request must identify the specific section(s) of 29 C.F.R. Part 1614 from which the agency wishes to deviate and provide a detailed explanation of ...
AO No. 2008-1 - Pilot Project No. 1 17th Judicial Circuit Court (Expedited Process in the Resolution
AO No. 2008-1 - Pilot Project No. 1 17th Judicial Circuit Court (Expedited Process in the Resolution of the Low Conflict Docket of the Family Division). [Entered April 8, 2008; continued through February 28, 2011, by AO No. 2009-2, entered January 14, 2009.]. On order of the Court, the 17th Judicial Circuit Court is authorized to implement a domestic relations pilot project. The pilot project will study the effectiveness of the use of pleadings that contain nonadversarial language, and the requirement that parents submit parenting time plans to encourage settlements and reduce postjudgment litigation. The pilot project shall begin April 1, 2008, or as soon thereafter as is possible, and shall remain in effect until July 30, 2009, or until further order of this Court. The 17th Judicial Circuit Court will track the degree of participation and the overall effectiveness of this pilot project and shall report to and provide information as requested by the State Court Administrative Office.. 1. ...
Effects of forced use on arm function in the subacute phase after stroke : a randomized, clinical pilot study
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE: Following stroke, it is common to exhibit motor impairments and decreased use of the upper limb. The objective of the present study was to evaluate forced use on arm function during the subacute phase after stroke.. DESIGN: A comparison of standard rehabilitation only and standard rehabilitation together with a restraining sling was made through a randomized, nonblinded, clinical pilot trial with assessments before intervention, after intervention, and at 1- and 3-month follow-ups.. SETTING: The present study took place at the departments of rehabilitation medicine, geriatrics, and neurology at a university hospital.. PARTICIPANTS: A convenience sample of 30 people 1 to 6 months (mean, 2.4 mo) after stroke was randomized into 2 groups (forced-use group and standard training group) of 15 people each. Twenty-six participants completed the 3-month follow-up.. INTERVENTION: All participants received their standard rehabilitation program with training 5 days per week for 2 ...
Open-label Pilot Study of Abatacept | Vitiligo Cover
Open-label Pilot Study of Abatacept for the Treatment of Vitiligo Principal Investigator: Dr. Victor Huang Study Location: Brigham and Womens Hospital Cli
NHSGGC : WHY DO MEN AND WOMEN ACCESS HEALTH SERVICES DIFFERENTLY? THREE NEW PILOT PROJECTS AIM TO FIND OUT
Three new pilot projects in Glasgow are aiming to find out more about why men and women access health services in different ways which can often lead to different health outcomes.. The pilot projects being developed by NHS Greater Glasgow are part of a national pilot initiative that is being co-ordinated by The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC). NHS Greater Glasgow already has a considerable knowledge of how gender can affect the way in which men and women access health services but following discussion and consultation with staff and a number of voluntary organisations, three areas of work were identified as priorities for the pilot projects.. The priorities for NHS Greater Glasgow will be mental health services development,tobacco policy and service development and management of stroke.. With a Glasgow Womens Health Policy, a dedicated Womens Health Team and a dedicated Mens Health Team, these new pilot projects will further enhance the experience and development of services which meet ...
ERIC - ED496389 - The Enhanced Home Visiting Pilot Project: How Early Head Start Programs Are Reaching out to Kith and Kin...
In summer 2004, the Head Start Bureau funded 24 Early Head Start programs to implement the Enhanced Home Visiting Pilot Project, an initiative designed to support the quality of care that kith and kin caregivers provide to infants and toddlers enrolled in home-based Early Head Start programs. At the same time, an evaluation of these pilot programs was initiated. This interim report describes the early implementation experiences of the pilot projects. It is based primarily on site visits to participating programs after approximately one year of pilot operation, as well as information collected by programs on the characteristics of children, families, and caregivers enrolled in the pilot. It describes programs initial designs for their pilot projects, as well as pilot staffing and the community partners that programs selected. It also examines key characteristics of children, families, and caregivers enrolled in the pilot; describes programs methods for recruiting pilot participants
Oregon (ODEQ) comparative pilot study on Environmental XPRT
Article Oregon (ODEQ) comparative pilot study. Comparison of Enhanced Bioremediation to Stimulated Bioremediation In the winter of 2001 the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ) along with the State Coalition for the Remediation of Dry C...
Seno Banjonki Lower Basic School Vision Care Pilot Project: A Monitor by Stephen M. Weiland
The focus of this capstone thesis is to provide insight into the development and implementation of the M&IE plan for the Seno Bajonki Lower Basic School (SB-LBS) Vision Care Pilot Project. The M&IE plan for the SB-LBS Vision Care Pilot Project can be identified as a mixed methods approach, utilizing both qualitative and quantitative data, and a practical participatory evaluation. Key foci for the M&IE plan for the pilot project taken from the literature review included the importance of involving primary stakeholders at the community level within the project development and implementation, interconnectivity between an objectives hierarchy and assumptions necessary for successful implementation, utilizing the interrelated practices of deciding on the evaluation approach and the development of key evaluation questions, and the use of a multi-tiered report dissemination structure. Implementation of the M&IE plan for the pilot project included engagement from the author, SB-LBS staff, School Management
Pilot Project Team - LCISD - Safe to Learn
Because of Lamar Consolidated Independent School Districts (LCISD) dedication to emergency preparedness and school safety, LCISD was selected to participate in the Safe to Learn © Community Pilot Project. Principals, assistant principals and administrators were asked to provide feed-back about Safe to Learns Leadership and Safety Series and eBooks, authored by educators and safety subject matter experts. Several principals and assistant principals were selected at the start of the project to participate in the Safe to Learn Community Pilot Project. Over several years many other principals, assistant principals and district administrators participated in the Pilot Project. Our team listened to their feed-back, experiences; issues and suggestions for creating additional safety solutions and providing specific types of resources. It is through teamwork, trust and respect that the Safe to Learn Community Pilot Project evolved into what it is today. It is because of leadership and support from the ...
The Teacher Empowerment through Support and Technology (TEST) Pilot Project
The Teacher Empowerment through Support and Technology (TEST) project is a VSO Ghana pilot intervention with support from Stavros Niarchos Foundation which formed part of VSOs 8-year Tackling Education Needs Inclusively (TENI) programme to improve retention and performance of children in the northern regions of Ghana. The pilot project took place in twenty public basic schools - ten each from the Talensi and West Mamprusi Districts in Upper East and Northern Region respectively. The pilot project was implemented by Open Learning Exchange (OLE) Ghana.. TEST focused on improvement in teacher pedagogy skills, especially regarding quality of reading instruction, which was measured largely through increased pupils learning and reading. The pilot project therefore placed emphasis on providing support to teachers in the form of face to face and online coaching as well as the supply of technology-assisted materials. An online one-stop teachers portal has been developed by OLE Ghana as part of the ...
Measuring noncalcified coronary atherosclerotic plaque using voxel analysis with MDCT angiography: A pilot clinical study<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Measuring noncalcified coronary atherosclerotic plaque using voxel analysis with MDCT angiography. T2 - A pilot clinical study. AU - Clouse, Melvin E.. AU - Sabir, Adeel. AU - Yam, Chun Shan. AU - Yoshimura, Norihiko. AU - Lin, Shezhang. AU - Welty, Francine. AU - Martinez-Clark, Pedro. AU - Raptopoulos, Vassilios. PY - 2008/6/1. Y1 - 2008/6/1. N2 - OBJECTIVE. The purpose of our study was to evaluate a new method using voxel analysis for quantifying noncalcified plaque in coronary arteries using MDCT angiography (MDCTA) compared with luminal stenosis by catheter coronary arteriography. MATERIALS AND METHODS. Forty-one normal and eight abnormal arterial cross sections with noncalcified plaque selected from 40 patients undergoing MDCTA were analyzed for percentage of stenosis and plaque volume using a voxel analysis technique. RESULTS. Using voxel analysis, the normal arterial wall thickness was determined to be 0.8 ± 0.4 mm. Attenuation values (in Hounsfield units) for normal ...
Contrast Circulation Time to Assess Right Ventricular Dysfunction in Pulmonary Embolism: A Retrospective Pilot Study - pdf...
Contrast Circulation Time to Assess Right Ventricular Dysfunction in Pulmonary Embolism: A Retrospective Pilot Study. . Biblioteca virtual para leer y descargar libros, documentos, trabajos y tesis universitarias en PDF. Material universiario, documentación y tareas realizadas por universitarios en nuestra biblioteca. Para descargar gratis y para leer online.
Effects of a 6-month exercise program pilot study on walking economy, | VHRM
Effects of a 6-month exercise program pilot study on walking economy, peak physiological characteristics, and walking performance in patients with peripheral arterial disease Robert G Crowther1, Anthony S Leicht1, Warwick L Spinks1, Kunwarjit Sangla2, Frank Quigley2, Jonathan Golledge2,31Institute of Sport and Exercise Science, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, Australia; 2Townsville Hospital, Townsville, Queensland, Australia; 3The Vascular Biology Unit, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, AustraliaAbstract : The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of a 6-month exercise program on submaximal walking economy in individuals with peripheral arterial disease and intermittent claudication (PAD-IC). Participants (n = 16) were randomly allocated to either a control PAD-IC group (CPAD-IC, n = 6) which received standard medical therapy, or a treatment PAD-IC group (TPAD-IC; n = 10) which took part in a supervised exercise program. During a graded treadmill test,
Open label, uncontrolled pilot study on the effect of mucosal healing with 3 g mesalazine granules in NSAID induced small bowel...
This trial will investigate the efficacy of mesalazine [Salofalk] in patients with non steroidal induced gastrointestinal damage. The primary endpoint is rate
Improving Quality of Care for Maternal and Newborn Health: Prospective Pilot Study of the WHO Safe Childbirth Checklist Program
Background Most maternal deaths, intrapartum-related stillbirths, and newborn deaths in low income countries are preventable but simple, effective methods for improving safety in institutional births have not been devised. Checklist-based interventions aid management of complex or neglected tasks and have been shown to reduce harm in healthcare. We hypothesized that implementation of the WHO Safe Childbirth Checklist program, a novel childbirth safety program for institutional births incorporating a 29-item checklist, would increase delivery of essential childbirth practices linked with improved maternal and perinatal health outcomes. Methods and Findings A pilot, pre-post-intervention study was conducted in a sub-district level birth center in Karnataka, India between July and December 2010. We prospectively observed health workers that attended to women and newborns during 499 consecutively enrolled birth events and compared these with observed practices during 795 consecutively enrolled birth
TM3+pilot+projects - Metamorphoses of the Political
Pilot Projects 2015 - 2017 Among the Thematic Modules (TMs) TM 3 Critiques and Renewals of Democracy has engaged in undertaking and testing Pilot Projects, already during ICAS:MPs preliminary phase. From summer 2017 onwards, other TMs have also taken up this format.. Materials from these pilot research projects, as well as projects to be pursued in the main phase, will be housed on an online platform based in Göttingen, the Critiques of Democracy Archive. The Archive will become functional during the first two years of the main phase, and can then be a resource for researchers across ICAS as well as the public.. Pilot Projects by TM 3 (2015 - current) (1) Vernacular communisms and the limits of the people (2015-16). This project examined how left movements in southern India redefined the political in the early post-independence decades. Focusing on minor grassroots movements more than left parties, the research collected-oral interviews, pamphlet literature, and news media-shows how ...
Pilot Implementation of First Malaria Vaccine Recommended by WHO Advisory Groups
This was a historic meeting with two of WHOs major advisory committees working together to consider current evidence about this vaccine, says professor Fred Binka, acting chair of MPAC. The committees agreed that pilot implementations should be the next step with this vaccine. The vaccine, known as RTS,S, is the first vaccine for malaria, but there is one primary question. It requires four doses for a child to be fully protected and therefore requires additional contacts with the health care system. The first three doses are given one month apart followed by an 18-month pause before the fourth dose. Without the fourth dose, children had no overall reduction in severe malaria. The question about how the malaria vaccine may best be delivered still need to be answered, says professor Jon S. Abramson, chair of SAGE. After detailed assessment of all the evidence we recommended that this question is best addressed by having three to five large pilot implementation projects. The malaria ...
Ecopetrol president updates investors on fracking pilot project in Puerto Wilches as social leaders warn of harm to water and...
On February 24, the president of the Colombian state oil company Ecopetrol, Felipe Bayón, and other executives updated investors on fracking in Colombia.. Here is an overview to understand the context of his update yesterday:. Protests against fracking in Puerto Wilches. The first licence for a fracking pilot project in Colombia was awarded by the National Hydrocarbons Agency (ANH) to Ecopetrol on November 25, 2020 for its Kalé project near the community of Puerto Wilches, Santander.. Hundreds of people in Puerto Wilches protested against this pilot project on December 13 and then again on February 10 of this year.. Blu Radio reports: [The fracking pilot project] provoked protests from social organizations that say the pilot does not have a social license because it will affect the biodiversity of the area, especially the wetlands [ciénagas] of Paredes and Yariguí, in addition to the damage it will cause in species such as manatee, which is endangered.. This recent Oil Barometer poll found ...
African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology - a cross-sectional pilot study on covid-19 disease pattern, recovery status and...
The COVID-19 disease has triggered the death of millions of people worldwide and has been the cause of 4,281 deaths in Bangladesh since 8th March 2020 till 31st August 2020. This cross-sectional study was aimed at discerning the pattern of COVID-19 among the people of this country the testing response, the recovery pattern of the patients and the effect of co-existing conditions on their recovery. An online questionnaire was made and distributed among 565 randomly selected patients for their responses and statistical analysis was performed on those responses. Each participant described multiple symptoms and the most frequently described symptoms were fever, cough and loss of smell (described by 446, 225 and 171 participants, respectively). The majority of the participants (47.16) received their test reports within 3 to 5 days whereas 27.01, 10.76 and 15.07% participants got their reports within 1-2 , 6-10 and in more than 10 days, respectively and their residence area did not affect this time
2009 Vietnam: Evaluation of the Pilot Project on Non-custodial Measures, Reintegration and Support Services to Juveniles in...
5. Response and psychosocial support and other support services to JICWL and those at risk to commit crimes improved. In early 2008 MOLISA, CPFC Hai Phong & UNICEF agreed to conduct an evaluation of the pilot project. MOLISA requested technical assistance from UNICEF with both the formulation and implementation of the evaluation. The evaluation takes place two years into the operation of the project. It is therefore a mid-term evaluation, as the project period was intended to be from 2006 to 2010. The aim of this evaluation is to assess both the implementation progress to date, and the impact of the pilot project, using data from a desk review of existing reports; a qualitative survey and a field survey. This evaluation aims to gain an understanding of project operation, and to document project impact, relevance and effectiveness. It further aims to examine the strengths and weaknesses of the pilot project, to make appropriate recommendations to improve the implementation and impact of the ...
Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography in Diabetic Retinopathy: A Prospective Pilot Study
OCT angiography can clearly visualize microaneurysms and retinal nonperfused areas and enables closer observation of each layer of the retinal capillaries. Quantitative information on new vessels can also be obtained. OCT angiography may be clinically useful to evaluate the microvascular status and …
An Evaluation of a Unified Sports Football Pilot Project - IssueLab
A preliminary report on the evaluation of the Special Olympics Europe/Eurasia Unified Football Pilot Project. There is growing support in European societies for the total inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities in all aspects of the community. Sport provides a means for supporting this integration process. Unified Sports is one mechanism for promoting social inclusion through sport. Unified Sports is a Special Olympics initiative that provides opportunities for sportsmen with and without intellectual disabilities to play on integrated sport teams. This experience allows athletes and partners to develop sport skills, have meaningful competition experiences, and create long lasting friendships. In 2005, Special Olympics Europe/Eurasia developed a school-based pilot project that merged the Special Olympics school curriculum SO Get Into It with Special Olympics Unified Football. The goals of this pilot project were to improve the sport skills, social skills, and self-esteem of students
Survey On The Uptown Wayfinding Signage Pilot Project - Oakland - LocalWiki
City Seeks Feedback Via Survey On The Uptown Wayfinding Signage Pilot Project - Through March, the City of Oakland is seeking feedback on the Uptown Wayfinding Signage Pilot project via an online survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CDDKT8Z.. By completing the short survey, the public will help shape the final signage used. The pilot projects goal is to connect public spaces through better maps and signage. The improvements are part of a commitment by the City to ensure that navigating Oakland is easy and enjoyable for pedestrians, citizens and visitors alike. Pedestrian Wayfinding helps people orient themselves and makes it easier to connect between amenities and destinations. The project has brought together City staff and key stakeholders including Visit Oakland, the Lake Merritt/Uptown Business Improvement District (BID), the Downtown BID and the Jack London BID. Visit Oakland has already begun to use the system by creating their own visitors maps, using the Citys pedestrian wayfinding ...
Footwear usage and injury patterns in fitness class participants: a prospective pilot study
A free platform for explaining your research in plain language, and managing how you communicate around it - so you can understand how best to increase its impact.
An audit model in Croatia - A study based on a pilot project of three HEIs | EURASHE
The Agency for Science, Education and Sport (ASHE) developed a model of external audit of Quality Assurance Units in 2006/07 and tested it through a pilot project at the beginning of 2008. The pilot project was a part of the CARDS 2003 project Furtherance of the Agency for Science and Higher Education in its Quality Assurance Role and Development of a Supporting Information System . The present study is based on the analysis of an audit model and outcomes of this Pilot project ...
Benefit of dietary integrators for treating functional dyspepsia: a prospective pilot study. - PubMed - NCBI
PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Pilot Project for Arts Education Exchange
ARCOLABS Surya University bekerja sama dengan Korea Arts and Culture Education Service (KACES) dan METAA dalam pilot project dalam pengembangan pedoman global jangka panjang di bidang pendidikan seni dan budaya. Pilot project ini dikembangkan dari project internasional yang conducted diselenggarakan oleh KACES dan METAA pada tahun 2014 yang dengan landasan disadari bahwa bekerjasama dengan negara-negara di Asia dalam jangka panjang sangatlah penting untuk membangun kepercayaan dan membangun kolaborasi lembaga untuk perkembangan pendidikan seni. Tahun ini, dengan bekerjasama dengan institusi lokal seperti Center for Art and Community Management (ARCOLABS), pilot project ini bermaksud untuk mencapai tujuan fundamental akan pendidikan seni, saling mengerti kebudayaan satu sama lain, dan bertukar pengetahuan serta pengalaman untuk merencanakan program kolaborasi jangka panjang yang akan diselenggarakan pada tahun 2017 antara Indonesia dan Korea nantinya.. Maka yang terjadi adalah, dari tanggal 5 - ...
Sheep CRC to launch new genomic pilot project for parentage
Two new genomic pilot projects to advance the delivery of DNA-based breeding tools have been announced at LambEx today [June 28] by the Cooperative Research Centre for Sheep Industry Innovation (Sheep CRC). LambEx 2012 brings together producers, processors researchers, wholesalers, exporters and key service providers, in a celebration of all things lamb at the Bendigo Showgrounds. Speaking at a CRC Breakfast Forum, Genomics - sheep breedings holy grail, which opened the official LambEx program, CRC Chief Executive James Rowe told the crowd of nearly 400 that the new pilot projects would pave the way for the commercialisation of new DNA tests for breeding traits, horned/polled, and parentage. The Sheep CRC is developing two new Genomics Pilot Projects, the first offering participants a new parentage test that will also provide prediction of horn-poll, while the second will be a genotyping test for a broad range of traits in young sires, Prof. Rowe said. The parentage test is anticipated to be ...
Bill Text - AB-1122 Health data: County of Ventura: super user pilot project.
departments, and to develop and implement interventions for likely super users. The bill would require certain county and state entities to provide the county with specified data, upon request, for purposes of the pilot project, including to obtain a historical perspective of its super users. The bill would require the data provisions to be implemented in accordance with applicable state and federal confidentiality laws. The bill would terminate the pilot project on December 31, 2022, and would require the county to report the results of the pilot project, including specified information, to relevant fiscal and policy committees of the Legislature by July 1, 2023 ...
Kalmar to supply automated straddle carrier system for pilot project in EUROGATE Container Terminal Wilhelmshaven | Kalmarglobal
EUROGATE is managing the pilot project in cooperation with APM Terminals on an area of EUROGATE Container Terminal Wilhelmshavens site which is not used operationally and does not interfere with day-to-day operations. The pilot project is designed to prove that automated straddle carrier technology is fully functional, safe and ready for the roll-out. The first Kalmar vehicles will be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2018. After completion of the pilot project (expected to be the end of the 2nd quarter of 2019), the results will be made available to all project partners. Subsequently, EUROGATE will decide whether and at which sites to deploy the automated straddle carrier system ...
MOC Part III Pilot Project
The ABPN MOC Part III Pilot Project is a professional journal article-based assessment activity designed as an optional alternative to the current secure, proctored 10-year MOC examination. The Pilot Project will run for 3 years, from 2019-2021 and, if approved by the ABMS, the ABPN plans to transition diplomates into this program in 2022 as a permanent alternative to the secure MOC examination.. Once available to all diplomates, the Pilot Project will ultimately provide greater flexibility to ABPN diplomates for meeting their MOC Part III program requirements.. ...
PILOT PROJECT - Sailing vessel - Details and current position MMSI 244100797 | Vessels | VesselFinder
Vessel PILOT PROJECT (IMO: N/A, MMSI: 244100797) is a sailing vessel and currently sailing under the flag of Netherlands. PILOT PROJECT has 12m length overall and beam of 4m. Below you can find more technical information, photos, AIS data and last 5 port calls of PILOT PROJECT detected by AIS. ...
G7-10 WG - Contributing to the EU definition of G7 pilot project number 10 | AcronymAttic
How is Contributing to the EU definition of G7 pilot project number 10 abbreviated? G7-10 WG stands for Contributing to the EU definition of G7 pilot project number 10. G7-10 WG is defined as Contributing to the EU definition of G7 pilot project number 10 very frequently.
Adjunctive low-dose docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) for major depression: An open-label pilot trial
Within the major limits of this open-label pilot study, the results suggest that DHA may provide additional adjunctive benefits in patients with mild- to -moderate depression.
ISRCTN - ISRCTN65324176: Pilot evaluation to assess the feasibility and acceptability of Project Respect: a school-based...
Dating and relationship violence refers to violence within or following a dating or longer-term sexual or romantic relationship. It includes threats, emotional and relational abuse, controlling behaviours, physical violence and non-consensual sexual activities. Project Respect is a new programme that will be piloted in English secondary schools that aims to prevent dating and relationship violence among young people. In order to run a larger study to assess whether Project Respect works in reducing dating and relationship violence, a smaller study is needed to assess whether the intervention and research methods are practically possible. This study looks to pilot the programme and receive feedback on how feasible the programme is. It will not be able to tell whether the programme has reduced dating and relationship violence, but it will tell whether the programme is possible to deliver in schools, and whether students and staff like it. It is necessary to know whether it would be feasible and ...
A pilot feasibility study examining a structured self-management diabetes education program(DESMOND-ID) for adults with...
TY - JOUR. T1 - A pilot feasibility study examining a structured self-management diabetes education program(DESMOND-ID) for adults with intellectual disabilities targeting HbA1c. AU - Taggart, Laurence. AU - Truesdale-Kennedy, M. AU - Carey, M. AU - Martin-Stacey, L. AU - Scott, L. AU - Bunting, Brendan. AU - Coates, Vivien. AU - Karatzias, T. AU - Northway, R. AU - Clarke, M. N1 - Compliant in UIR; evidence uploaded to Other files. PY - 2017/10/30. Y1 - 2017/10/30. N2 - Aim: To report on the outcomes of a pilot feasibility study of a structured self-management diabetes education programme targeting HbA1c. Methods: A two arm, individually randomized, pilot superiority trial for adults with intellectual disability and Type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM). A total of 66 adults with disabilities across the UK met the eligibility criteria. Of these 39 agreed to participate and were randomly assigned to either the DESMOND-ID programme (N=19) or a control group (N= 20). The programme consisted of 7-weekly ...
A pilot investigation of a mobile phone application and progressive reminder system to improve adherence to daily prevention...
Home , Papers , A pilot investigation of a mobile phone application and progressive reminder system to improve adherence to daily prevention treatment in adolescents and young adults with migraine. ...
Occipital nerve stimulation for drug-resistant chronic cluster headache: a prospective pilot study - Magis Delphine
en] Background Drug-resistant chronic duster headache (drCCH) is a devastating disorder for which various destructive procedures have been tried unsuccessfully. Occipital nerve stimulation (ONS) is a new, safe strategy for intractable headaches. We undertook a prospective pilot trial of ONS in drCCH to assess clinical efficacy and pain perception. Methods Eight patients with drCCH had a suboccipital neurostimulator implanted on the side of the headache and were asked to record details of frequency, intensity, and symptomatic treatment for their attacks in a diary before and after Continuous ONS. To detect changes in cephalic and extracephalic pain processing we measured electrical and pressure pain thresholds and the nociceptive blink reflex. Findings Two patients were pain free after a follow-up of 16 and 22 months; one of them still had occasional autonomic attacks. Three patients had around a 90% reduction in attack frequency. Two patients, one of whom had had the implant for only 3 months, ...
Memantine for axial signs in Parkinsons disease: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study | Journal of...
Our randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study showed for the first time that a combination of memantine and L-dopa was associated with a slight, beneficial effect on axial motor handicap and LID in advanced PD patients with severe axial symptoms. Memantines good safety profile and its observed association with a lower motor symptom score (vs placebo) confirmed the findings of two open-label studies12 ,13 and two double-blind, placebo-controlled studies. One of the double-blind studies used non-validated scales14 and the other adopted a crossover paradigm with a very small number (n=12) of PD patients.15. This pilot study had both strengths and limitations. The main limitation was the small sample size, which encompassed patients with and without STN stimulation. However, the lack of significant differences between these subgroups suggests that memantine may have clinical benefit in both stimulated and non-stimulated patients. Furthermore, the lack of off-L-dopa data (due to ...
TMEM-MRI: A Pilot Feasibility Study of Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Imaging of TMEM (Tumor Microenvironment of Metastasis) in...
TMEM-MRI: A Pilot Feasibility Study of Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Imaging of TMEM (Tumor Microenvironment of Metastasis) in Patients With Operable Breast ...
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Expands First Action Interview Pilot Program | Insights | Venable LLP
In April 2008 the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) introduced the First Action Interview Pilot Program (Pilot Program), and on October 1, 2009, the USPTO enacted an enhanced version of the Pilot Program. The enhanced version, among other things, increases the number of applications eligible for the program.. The Pilot Program provides applicants who submit eligible U.S. patent applications with the opportunity to conduct an interview with the patent examiner after he or she conducts a prior art search, but before issuance of a first Office Action on the merits.. Participation Requirements. In order to participate in the Pilot Program, an application must be assigned to an eligible art unit at the USPTO and must meet the filing date requirement applicable to that art unit. A list of eligible art units and the corresponding filing date requirements are set forth on the USPTOs web site at http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/dapp/opla/preognotice/faipp_enhanced.htm. In addition to the ...
A Pilot Study Evaluating the Combination of Acupuncture with Sildenafil on Endometrial Thickness | Acubalance Wellness Centre
This small pilot study examined the effect of Viagra and acupuncture on the uterine linings of women who had a history of thin linings (
Superior Court of Justice Video Conferencing Pilot Project | Superior Court of Justice
The Superior Court of Justice video conferencing pilot project is launching July 28, 2015 in eight locations: Toronto, Ottawa, Belleville, Oshawa, Newmarket, Sudbury, Timmins and Cochrane.. The pilot project is a collaborative effort between the Superior Court of Justice, the Ministry of the Attorney General, Innovation Office and Court Services Division, supported by Justice Technology Services, Justice Video Network. The goal is to enhance access to justice by making video conferencing more accessible for certain court attendances.. The pilot is currently limited to the following four court event types: civil pre-trials, family case conferences, family settlement conferences, and family trial management conferences.. For more information about the pilot, please see the Questions and Answers for Participants.. Pilot Project Forms. Video Conference Request. Objection to Video Conference. ...
A PILOT STUDY ON MANAGEMENT OF MADHUMEGAM (DIABETES MELLITUS TYPE-II) AT NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SIDDHA, CHENNAI-47. |...
Â Â Â To rule out which of the combination of drug is the most beneficial for the patient to manage Madhumegam(Diabetes-Type-2). Some of them are taking only siddha medicines, and some of them are taking siddha medicines combined with allopathic medicines. So we have planned to do a pilot study on the management of Madhumegam patients in NIS as a Retrospective study.Data collection for assessment has been done by retrieving from the individualsâ€™ OPD records and using questionnaire method, at the time of OPD treatment at NIS. Data for 105 Madhumegam patients were collectedÂ and taken up for the study.. The statistical analysis reveals that the reduction of blood sugar for(siddha only) Group I at fasting was statistically significant(P,0.0001) and Group-II(siddha and allopathy) it was not significant(P=0.73).Â The statistical analysis reveals that the reduction of blood sugar for(siddha only) Group I at postprandial was statistically significant(P,0.0001) and Group-II(siddha and ...
NTPC invites EoI for Hydrogen Fuel Cell based pilot projects - educratsweb
NTPC invites EoI for Hydrogen Fuel Cell based pilot projects • Pilot projects to be set up at NTPC plant premises Mumbai, June 13, 2021 - NTPC, Indias largest integrated power generating company has floated a global Expression of Interest (EOI) to set up two pilot projects, Standalone Fuel-Cell based backup power system and a standalone fuel-cell based microgrid system with hydrogen production using electrolyser at NTPC premises. Through the projects, NTPC is looking to further strengthen its footprint in green and clean fuel. NTPC will collaborate for implementation and further commercialization of the projects.This is in line with NTPCs initiatives towards adopting Hydrogen technologies. It has already started a pilot for making methanol integrating carbon captured from power plant flue gas and hydrogen from electrolysis. This is a potential solution towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat in field of carbon capture and green hydrocarbon synthesis.Taking the initiative forward, NTPC is exploring use ...
CMS Launched Pilot Project to Offer Individual Market Wellness Programs | INSIDE COMPLIANCE
Alayna Frauhiger Associate Editor. Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD 2021. Workplace wellness programs - efforts to get workers to lose weight, eat better, stress less and sleep more - are an $8 billion industry in the U.S. Recently, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) launched a pilot project for states to implement health-contingent wellness programs in the individual market. The project is part of a mandate under the Affordable Care Act that added a provision to the Public Health Service Act calling for health-contingent wellness programs to be tested in the individual market through a pilot project operated by HHS, the Department of Labor and the Treasury Department.. The skinny on wellness programs Under this new pilot project, states will be able to offer residents lower premiums or other incentives if they choose to participate in the states wellness program through the individual market. CMS is currently seeking applications for the project, which will involve 10 ...
Center seeks environmental pilot project proposals | MIT News | Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Center for Environmental Health Sciences (CEHS) invites faculty members to propose pilot projects related to environmental health for immediate funding by the center.. This interdisciplinary research center, funded by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, has been supporting such pilot projects in many MIT departments since 1978. Most projects have lead to independently funded sponsored research projects and programsat MIT.. The Pilot Project Program provides initial support for faculty to enter the environmental health area. Junior faculty proposals receive preferential consideration. CEHS has been able to fund all proposals from junior faculty since its founding. In the past decade, it has funded researchers from brain and cognitive sciences, chemical engineering, chemistry, civil and environmental engineering, toxicology, materials science and engineering, mechanical engineering and nuclear engineering.. Applicants should submit a a two-page description of the proposed ...
Fast start climate change pilot projects
As part of this climate change package, Kenya became the first African country to receive funding as bilateral support from Denmark and DKK 10 million was set aside for pilot projects. In addition a further DKK 50 million has been allocated to Kenya for the design and implementation of a fast start climate change programme. The programme emphasises the role of the private sector and communities in facilitating the use of innovative technology to reduce climate change vulnerability and contribute to a low carbon development path. In late 2010, several potential pilot projects were screened, out of which five projects were shortlisted for implementation in 2010- 2011. The screening criteria used to select the five pilot projects asked the following questions: · Will the projects directly benefit people in terms of climate resilience? · Do the projects provide value for money in terms of direct cost benefit for the people? · Can the projects bring new approaches and innovation to the climate ...
A dooring pilot project on Wellington Street making it safer for cyclists. - GoBiking.ca
A pilot project to reduce dooring that involved warning messages and large sharrows painted on a section of Wellington Street had been criticized for being confusing for motorists. Well, its almost three years later, and rather than confusing motorists, the pilot project seems to be having the desired effect of making it safer for cyclists on this stretch of Wellington Street.. For people who may be unfamiliar with the concept, dooring is what happens when a car door is suddenly opened in front of a cyclist. In many cases the cyclist cannot maneuver quickly enough to get around the door and the resulting collision can be very dangerous. At least one cyclist in Ottawa has died because of a dooring incident.. A few years ago there were 5 dooring incidents on Wellington between Parkdale and Holland. In response, the city initiated a pilot project in 2015 to encourage cyclists to stay more towards the middle of the road, and avoid the dooring zone in the area right next to the park cars. It ...
Early (Childhood) Intervention Pilot Project | IRC
The Early (Childhood) Intervention Pilot Project is aimed at improving the process and outcomes of early childhood education by improving (1) childrens attendance and readiness for school; (2) the delivery of quality service in the Child Development Centres and; (3) enhancing support and understanding of the intervention of developmental stages, sequences and milestones for social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of children aged zero to 12. This is funded through a three-year contribution agreement between Inuvialuit Regional Corporation and Government of the Northwest Territories.. In the first year (2015/2016), in partnership with the Beaufort-Delta Health and Social Services Authority rehab department and speech and language pathologists, the focus was on delivering a modified version of Hanen Training (Learning Language & Loving It) in four modules to staff in the centres. In this way, staff have the strategies, skills and knowledge to support childrens social language ...
VolkswagenSA and Siemens launch pilot project to test eMobiliity in Rwanda - The Gremlin
The pilot project, which will form part of Volkswagens operations in Rwanda, was officially announced today by Thomas Schäfer, CEO of Volkswagen Group South Africa and responsible for the Sub-Sahara Africa Region, in the presence of Rwandan Prime Dr Edouard Ngirente.. During the pilot phase, four e-Golfs and one charging station will be introduced in the capital of Rwanda, Kigali. Volkswagen has signed a joint development agreement with Siemens to provide the charging infrastructure for the electric cars.. With the launch of the pilot project, Rwanda becomes the first African country to introduce a Volkswagen electric car.. Thomas Schäfer said: The success of our innovative and pioneering mobility solutions business has shown us that Rwanda has the potential to leapfrog the internal combustion engines into electric cars. Rwanda has a young and progressive population that appreciates individual and modern mobility.. Together with our development partner Siemens and with the support from the ...
Development and pilot evaluation of a clinic-based mHealth app referral service to support adult cancer survivors increase...
The number of cancer survivors in the western world is steadily increasing . This is owing in part to high incidence rates, and in part to advancements in detection and treatment which have led to improved survival outcomes. In Australia, survivors experience some of the highest survival rates in the world. The majority of those diagnosed (67%) now have a good chance of surviving for the next 5 years relative to their peers without a cancer history . While increases in survival are duly welcomed, many survivors will suffer from adverse side effects well beyond the treatment phase, including fatigue, reduced physical functioning, premature aging, and mood disturbances [3, 4]. These issues have a significant and lasting impact on quality of life [5-7]. In addition, cancer survivors are at an increased risk of morbidity and premature death from cancer and non-cancer causes compared to age matched controls . As such, cancer is increasingly recognised as a chronic disease, and cancer ...
Pilot investigation of hypothermia in neonates receiving extracorporeal membrane oxygenation | ADC Fetal & Neonatal Edition
Mild hypothermia has been the focus of much attention in recent years as a means of minimising the cerebral damage that can arise as a result of a hypoxic-ischaemic insult in the perinatal period.9 Most of the data are from animal experiments in which the nature and timing of the insult were closely controlled.5-8 Translating the technique into clinical practice has posed major problems because, not only is the nature, duration, and severity of perinatal asphyxia not standardised, there is uncertainty about the optimal means of cooling. As cooling is practised in only a limited number of centres and cases of perinatal asphyxia cannot generally be predicted, getting affected infants to the appropriate units for formal testing of the technique is also a problem.. ECMO on the other hand provides life support to a group of infants at high risk of hypoxic-ischaemic brain injury and whose care is already focused on a small number of hospitals.2,3 The technique itself makes control of body temperature ...
Dipyridamole in Heart Failure due to Dilated Cardiomyopathy: A Pilot Study - UnipiEprints
Introduction: Dipyridamole (DIP) might be beneficial in heart failure (HF). It has been reported to improve symptoms in observational, small‑scale studies. The PRoFESS study for secondary prevention of stroke observed a reduction in the risk of HF with acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) plus DIP in comparison with clopidogrel. The present pilot study was aimed at assessing the clinical effects of DIP and ASA in dilated cardiomyopathy. Materials and Methods: Nineteen outpatients with nonischemic HF, New York Heart Association (NYHA) Class II, ejection fraction (EF) ,40%, were randomized to ASA 25 mg, or ASA 25 mg plus DIP 200 mg (ASA + DIP), twice daily. They were evaluated at baseline and after 6 months for symptoms, EF, and exercise capacity through 6‑min walk test. Results: Eleven subjects were in the ASA group and 8 in the ASA + DIP. Dyspnea improved, without differences between the two arms: n = 6/5/0/0 for NYHA I/II/III/IV in ASA, n = 4/3/1/0 in ASA + DIP. EF increased in both groups (ASA: from ...
Pilot investigation into osteotome hard surface coating and cutting-edge degradation | Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and...
Osteotomes are bone cutting tools commonly reused in orthopedic surgical procedures. Despite undergoing rigorous cleaning, visual inspection, and sterilization procedures between every use, the condition of the cutting blade edge is commonly not qualitatively assessed. Subjective feedback from surgeons suggests a large variation in osteotome cutting-edge sharpness is found during use. This study seeks to investigate the retention of osteotome cutting-edge sharpness by comparing the wear resistance of as-supplied, electroless nickel, and titanium nitride coated osteotomes following a series of bone cutting tests. Changes in edge sharpness were assessed using visual inspection, depth penetration testing that quantified change in the blade sharpness index, and scanning electron microscopy visual analysis. Visual inspection of each osteotome blade edge was then compared to qualitative blade sharpness index measurement. After use, no cutting-edge damage or change in blade sharpness was detected by visual
Online Resources Related to Feature 714 | Ontario Health Promotion E-Bulletin
Smoking and the Bottom Line: Updating the Costs of Smoking in the Workplace outlines the costs of tobacco use to employers and makes the business case for helping employees quit. Developed by the Conference Board of Canada. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/pubs/tobac-tabac/bottomline-bilan/index-eng.... Building on our Gains, Taking Action Now: Ontarios Tobacco Control Strategy for 2011 - 2016. Report from the Tobacco Strategy Advisory Group. October 2010. http://www.mhp.gov.on.ca/en/smoke-free/TSAG%20Report.pdf Evidence to Guide Action: Comprehensive Tobacco Control in Ontario is a report of the Smoke Free Ontario Scientific Advisory Committee released in October 2010. http://www.oahpp.ca/services/evidence-to-guide-action-ctc-in-ontario.html. A Model for Assessing Gaps in Smoking Cessation Systems and Services in a Local Public Health Unit presents pilot study results of a method for assessing gaps in smoking cessation systems. Developed by Minian N., Schwartz R., Garcia J., Selby P., McDonald, P. ...
PHASE II PILOT STUDY OF ALEMTUZUMAB IN PATIENTS WITH LOW OR INT - 1 RISK MEYLODYSPLASTIC SYNDROME (MDS), APLASTIC ANEMIA (AA),...
The goal of this clinical research study is to determine the effectiveness of alemtuzumab in patients with aplastic anemia, MDS, or T-Cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia. The safety of alemtuzumab will also be studied.
Weight-Based Assessment of Fluid Overload in Patients with Acute Kidney Injury - ScienceOpen
Introduction: Acute kidney injury (AKI) with fluid overload is associated with poor outcomes. While percentage fluid overload (PFO) using intake/output charts (PFO|sub|i/o|/sub|) has been validated as a marker of overload, accurate PFO|sub|i/o|/sub| measurements may not be possible in a general ward. We propose an alternative weight-based PFO calculation: PFO|sub|w|/sub| = [(maximum weight − baseline weight) ÷ baseline weight] × 100%. Methods: This is a prospective, observational pilot study on general ward inpatients with AKI who were referred for nephrology consult. PFO|sub|w|/sub| was compared with PFO|sub|i/o|/sub|, and both were evaluated for associations with dialysis requirement, AKI stage 2 or 3, and 90-day mortality. Results: Fifty-eight patients with a median age of 67.5 years (interquartile range 18.0) were recruited. Of which, 33 (56.9%) were males and 41 (70.7%) had preexisting CKD 3 or higher. We found no correlation between PFO|sub|i/o|/sub| and PFO|sub|w|/sub| ( R |sup|2|/sup| =
Centrilobular nodules in high resolution computed tomography of the lung in IPAH patients - preliminary data concerning clinico...
INTRODUCTION: Inhomogeneity of lung attenuation pattern is observed in high resolution chest computed tomography (HRCT) in some IPAH patients despite lack of interstitial lung disease. Such radiological changes are described either as ill-defined centrilobular nodules (CN) or as focal ground glass opacities (FGGO). There is no consensus in the literature, whether they indicate the distinct type of IPAH, or pulmonary venoocclusive disease (PVOD) with subtle radiological changes. Thus the aim of the present pilot study was to assess the frequency and clinical significance of inhomogenic lung attenuation pattern in IPAH.. MATERIAL AND METHODS: 52 IPAH patients (38 females, 14 males, mean age 41 years ± 15 years), entered the study. All available chest CT scans were reviewed retrospectively by the experienced radiologist, not aware about the clinical data of the patients.. RESULTS: CN were found in 10 patients (19%), FGGO - in 12 patients (23%). No lymphadenopathy or interlobular septal thickening ...
Building blocks of rural community resilience. Rural People; Resilient Futures Pilot Project Final Report - RMIT Research...
This report tells the story of the Rural People; Resilient Futures (RP;RF moving forward) pilot project, which has developed and tested a model for engaging rural community service organisations in planning for the impacts of climate change and increasing community resilience. The report focuses on the process employed through the RP;RF project, recommendations for similar agencies to adopt, and steps moving forward. The report does so by describing: Understanding social vulnerability in context (Section 2.1); A model for community service organisation engagement using the SGGPCP platform (Section 2.5 and Section 3.5); Activities and engagement methods employed throughout the pilot project (Section 4); Benefits of employing this approach (Section 3); and Recommendations to continue the success of this pilot (Section 0 ...
Michal Jaworski Hired as Copyright Consultant for Rights Statement Pilot Project | Canadian Research Knowledge Network
June 2015 - Kyulenes world
Expressivity is a visceral capacity of the human body. To understand what makes a gesture expressive, we need to consider not only its spatial placement and orientation but also its dynamics and the mechanisms enacting them. We start by defining gesture and gesture expressivity, and then we present fundamental aspects of muscle activity and ways to capture information through electromyography and mechanomyography. We present pilot studies that inspect the ability of users to control spatial and temporal variations of 2D shapes and that use muscle sensing to assess expressive information in gesture execution beyond space and time. This leads us to the design of a study that explores the notion of gesture power in terms of control and sensing. Results give insights to interaction designers to go beyond simplistic gestural interaction, towards the design of interactions that draw on nuances of expressive gesture. ...
Information Session for Employers: Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project (AIPP) Webinar - Immigrant Services Association of Nova...
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project (AIPP) is a new employer-driven immigration program designed to address the labour gaps of employers in the Atlantic Provinces. The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is for skilled immigrants and international student graduates who want to permanently live in Atlantic Canada. For more information on the pilot project visit:. Immigration, Refugees and Canadian Citizenship (IRCC). or. Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI). To become designated, an employer must:. ...
Portable Cameras - Pilot Project For Police Officers - Service de police de la Ville de Montréal (SPVM)
The implementation of this project is rooted in the very widespread use of this technology in other police departments across Canada and the U.S. Citizens recordings of various police interventions have inspired police departments to use the technology themselves so as to be able to view different angles of interventions.. The recommendation of having police officers wear potable cameras was also made in June 2015 by coroner Paul G. Dionne, as part of his report following a citizens death during a Montréal police intervention.. In the fall of 2015, the Ministère de la Sécurité publique tabled its feasibility study of police officers use of portable cameras. The SPVM, along with other police departments in the province, contributed to this document.. Furthermore, it is important to specify that this pilot project is carried out in two phases.. Phase 1. Phase 1 began in May 2016, with some thirty police officers wearing portable cameras. To kick off the pilot project, the SPVM opted to use ...
Blue-Green Infrastructure for Sustainable Urban Stormwater Management-Lessons from Six Municipality-Led Pilot Projects in...
Managing stormwater on urban surfaces with blue-green infrastructure (BGI) is being increasingly adopted as an alternative to conventional pipe-based stormwater management in cities. BGI combats water problems and provides multiple beneﬁts for cities, including improved livability and enhanced biodiversity. The paper examines six municipality-led pilot projects from Beijing and Copenhagen, through a review of documents, site observations and interviews with project managers. Beijings projects attempt to divert from a pipe-based approach but are dominated by less BGI-based solutions; they could beneﬁt from more integration of multiple beneﬁts with stormwater management. Copenhagens projects combine stormwater management with amenity improvement, but lack focus on stormwater utilization. Reviewed municipality-led pilot projects are shown to play an important role in both testing new solutions and upscaling them in the process of developing more sustainable cities. Key lessons are extracted ...
Project Skywater Data Inventory: 1981-82 SCPP Season, Sierra Cooperative Pilot Project :: Western Waters Texts
e1__ r TECHNICAL REPORT STANDARD TITLE PAGE GOVIUIlNOl(NT ceJ~1 N 110. I. ~U;PETS C.. tl:, ..0. i9~1:8~ ~~ppa~:~s~~ta Inventory Sierra Cooperative Pilot Project ,. P[~OIlG Oll.... ,Z ..TON ..... E ... ~ .00ll[n U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Reel amat ion P.O. Box 25007, DFC Denver, CO 80225 Same AUQust 1982 t. P[~ORG O~.Z.TON II[PO~T NO. Data Inventory 1981-82 Microfiche and/or hard copy available at the Engineering and Research Center Oenver, CO. Ed:m c &. IHRCT This report contains an inventory of all data collected from October 15, 1981. through April 1982 in association wHh the SCPP (Sierra Cooperative Pilot Project). a weather mdification research project in winter orographic cloud seeding. It is subdivided into an introduction plus 14 se,:tions and appendices A, B, and C: (1) Forecasting, (2) Evaluation Data Matrix, (3) Radar, (4) Satellite, (5) Aircraft, (6) Rawinsondes, (7) Surface Mete-orological Observations, (8) Precipitation Gage Network, ...
Medicare pilot project revives house calls as cost-cutting strategy | Continuum of Care News
In what might be called a Back to the Future-style experiment, Medicare officials have apparently figured out one way to save money and improve care: house calls.. According to an article from Kaiser Health News, a pilot project launched two years ago is based on the idea that, if done well and paid for appropriately, house calls might be an effective way of treating very sick, elderly patients while also allowing them to live at home.. House calls go back to the origins of medicine, but in many ways I think this is the next generation, said Dr. Patrick Conway, who heads the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation and oversees the project, called Independence at Home. In the first year of the experiment, the article notes, Housecall Providers of Portland, Oregon, which had been operating at a loss, saved Medicare an average of almost $13,600 for each patient in the pilot project. Its share of the savings was $1.2 million. The house calls practice at MedStar Washington Hospital in ...
NA-Discuss] REMINDER: Survey and Thank you At-Large Captioning Pilot Project first call
Dear NARALO members, Thank you for your participation in the NARALO monthly teleconference held on Monday, 08 February 2016 at 20:00 UTC. As you are aware this call was held in conjunction with our first At-Large Captioning Pilot Project. We would appreciate your feedback via a simple online survey (click here,https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KYLF3GN,) to help us better plan for future captioning calls. Questions or comments can be sent to ICANN At-Large Staff at staff at atlarge.icann.org,mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org,. The survey will close end of business today. (Friday, 12 February 2016) For further information on the At-Large Captioning Pilot Project please see the wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/soBYAw Once again, thank you for taking the time to join us and we hope you found the session useful! Regards, Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine, Terri Agnew and Yeşim Nazlar ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community E-mail: ...
IVF Lite : Table of Contents
Objective: Androgen can play a synergistic role with follicle-stimulating hormone in promoting the early follicular recruitment, which is critical in Assisted Reproduction Technique program. In patients with poor ovarian response (POR) and poor ovarian reserve may benefit from testosterone gel application and growth hormone. This study was done to assess whether poor responders can benefit from androgen therapy before in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection and from growth hormone. Study Design: It is a prospective pilot study on 35 patients with previous POR and poor ovarian reserve attending IRM, OPD between January 2015 and December 2015 for 1 year. Materials and Methods: Selected women received transdermal therapy of testosterone gel 12.5 mg over the skin of shoulder and upper arm for 21 days from day 7 to day 27 of cycle during oral contraceptive pills if the cycle was not regular and gel treatment before gonadotropin stimulation cycle for next one cycle. Hormone assessment ...
Peterborough residents ash trees get help from Tree Canada pilot project - Tree Canada
Peterborough, Ontario, May 28th, 2015 - Tree Canada, the nations leader in tree related programs and resources, launched a much-needed pilot project with the city of Peterborough today. The goal of this project is to assist in the treatment of private homeowners ash trees in conjunction with the city of Peterboroughs treatment plan for their public trees. The pilot project that is announced today was at a cost of $50,000.00 with the funding generously provided by Tree Canadas sponsors U-Haul and TELUS.. These funds will significantly reduce the cost to treat ash trees by as much as 50% using the registered biological insecticide TreeAzin. Homeowners who have ash trees and who have met the criteria need simply apply for the funds by going onto our website www.treecanada.ca.. Emerald ash borer has devastated thousands of trees in many cities in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, declared Michael Rosen - President of Tree Canada, The city of Peterborough has recognized this and has ...
Douglas County Libraries and CLiC move forward with Statewide eBook Pilot Project -- [Library Technology Guides]
Press Release:Douglas County Libraries and CLiC move forward with Statewide eBook Pilot Project. Douglas County Libraries (DCL) and partner the Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC) were awarded a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant of $209,460 for their project proposal, eVoke 2.0: Colorado Statewide eBook Pilot Project in October 2013.
National Zoological Gardens launches recycling pilot project
South Africas largest zoo, the National Zoological Garden of South Africa (NZG), on Wednesday launched a recycling pilot project aimed at job creation and addressing the massive litter problem which its thousands of annual visitors leave in their wake.. Should the programme prove successful, it could also be rolled out at the Mokopane Biodiversity Centre in Limpopo.. The pilot project, which was founded in conjunction with the national PET Recycling Company (PETCO) and the City of Tshwane, will be operated by the Umkariso Women in Water cooperative.. The NZGs acting manager for commercial services and business development, Marcel Singh, said five previously unemployed Tshwane residents had been trained and appointed to collect and sort the high volumes of recyclable materials generated daily by the zoos restaurants, curio shops, offices, research facilities, animal kitchens and veterinary hospital.. ...
Financial Innovation & Transformation - Blog - Bureau of the Fiscal Service Launches Two Innovative Pilot Projects
The Bureau of the Fiscal Services Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation (FIT) has launched two pilot projects exploring innovative technologies - Robotic Process Automation and Distributed Ledger Technology - that can boost efficiency, strengthen accountability, and cut paperwork for the Federal government. Robotic Process Automation and Distributed Ledger Technology have both been shown to accelerate processing times, create efficiencies, and strengthen financial controls in the commercial sector. The FIT Office is responsible for identifying and promoting innovative solutions to improve federal financial management. FIT believes that these two technologies should be explored and applied to government challenges just as they have in the commercial sector. During the pilot project, FIT and its contractor will develop bots to help streamline common financial management processes performed at Federal agencies. Bots are software applications that operate in conjunction with an ...
Newmarket announces open data pilot project at the Go Open Data Conference 2016 - Municipal Information Systems Association
On May 6, the Town of Newmarket proudly announced its open data pilot project, OPENNewmarketat the Go Open Data Conference 2016 hosted by ventureLAB, a business and entrepreneurial support organization.. OPENNewmarket is a one-year open data pilot project that will allow the public to freely use, reuse and distribute machine-readable data maintained by the Town of Newmarket through an online catalogue on the Towns website.. OPENNewmarket is a significant milestone in our community and aligns perfectly with Councils Strategic Priorities, says Newmarket Mayor Tony Van Bynen. Open data will help Newmarket further promote an open, transparent and accountable government by making data readily accessible, increase efficiencies and promote community engagement and economic development.. Previously, data such as active developments in the community, information on parks, ward boundaries, waste and recycling as well as spatial data such as maps could be accessible online or upon request. Data was ...
CONGRESSMAN MURPHY ADVOCATES FOR PILOT PROJECTS, INNOVATION AND FUNDING TO PROTECT FLORIDA BEACHES « Beaches Coalition
In an effort to help coastal communities, Congressman Patrick Murphy recently sent a letter to President Barack Obama urging him to prioritize funding for beach nourishment, promote innovative solutions to prevent beach erosion, and call upon permitting agencies to allow for pilot projects to be built in an effort to find more permanent solutions to stabilizing our dunes and beaches.. Strong beaches are crucial to the safety, environment, and economic development of our country and especially to Floridas 18th District, Congressman Murphy wrote.. READ HIS LETTER HERE: Congressman Murphy advocates for pilot projects, innovation and funding to protect Floridas beaches ...
Freezponsible pilot project launch | Freezponsible
Québec -Nature-Action Québec (NAQ) and Recyclage ÉcoSolutions (RES), in partnership with Ameublements Tanguay, are proud to launch the pilot project for the Freezponsible program that optimizes handling of end-of-life cooling appliances (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, wine and water coolers, etc.).. The Freezponsible pilot project will assess the best way to process cooling appliances that are no longer used. Another objective is to educate the public about the environmental impacts of these appliances. Freezponsible is the only program to use technology that recycles up to 96% of the appliance components. It is also the only process that traps and destroys 99.99% of the halocarbons contained in the appliances refrigeration systems and polyurethane foam insulation. Foam insulation contains up to four times as much gas as the refrigeration system! ...
RECON pilot project: a progress report, October 1970 - May 1971 -- Avram, Henriette D~Maruyame, Lenore S [Library Technology...
Article: Avram, Henriette D~Maruyame, Lenore S. RECON pilot project: a progress report, October 1970 - May 1971. A synopsis of three progress reports on the RECON Pilot Project submitted by the Library of Congress to the Council of Library Resources covering the period October 1970-May 1971. Progress is reported in the following areas: RECON production, foreign language editing test, format recognition, microfilming, input devices, and tasks assigned to the RECON Working Task Force.
How do I sponsor my undeclared family member through the pilot project?
If your spouse, common-law partner, or dependent child is eligible to be sponsored and qualifies for the pilot project, you can apply to sponsor them as of September 9, 2019.. There is no special process for sponsoring family members under the pilot project. You would just apply using the normal process to sponsor your spouse, partner or child.. ...
Nunavut Courts - Pilot Projects - Pilot Projects
These are Pilot Projects. They are still under review and may be changed according to needs, wishes or wants. Please Review, Use them and provide your thoughts.. Thank you,. Staff. Nunavut Courts. ...
CDPP - Chemical Development Pilot Plant (Janssen Pharma in Geel, Belgium) | AcronymFinder
How is Chemical Development Pilot Plant (Janssen Pharma in Geel, Belgium) abbreviated? CDPP stands for Chemical Development Pilot Plant (Janssen Pharma in Geel, Belgium). CDPP is defined as Chemical Development Pilot Plant (Janssen Pharma in Geel, Belgium) rarely.
Ghana, Kenya and Malawi to take part in WHO malaria vaccine pilot programme - AfricaNewsAnalysis
The injectable vaccine, RTS,S, was developed to protect young children from the most deadly form of malaria caused by Plasmodium falciparum. RTS,S will be assessed in the pilot programme as a complementary malaria control tool that could potentially be added to the core package of WHO-recommended measures for malaria prevention.. The prospect of a malaria vaccine is great news. Information gathered in the pilot programme will help us make decisions on the wider use of this vaccine, said Dr Matshidiso Moeti, WHO Regional Director for Africa. Combined with existing malaria interventions, such a vaccine would have the potential to save tens of thousands of lives in Africa, she added.. Africa bears the greatest burden of malaria worldwide. Global efforts in the last 15 years have led to a 62 percent reduction in malaria deaths between 2000 and 2015, yet approximately 429,000 people died of the disease in 2015, the majority of them young children in Africa.. The WHO pilot programme will assess ...
Radio-frequency thermal ablation of liver metastases with a cooled-tip electrode needle: Results of a pilot clinical trial<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Radio-frequency thermal ablation of liver metastases with a cooled-tip electrode needle. T2 - Results of a pilot clinical trial. AU - Lencioni, R.. AU - Goletti, O.. AU - Armillotta, N.. AU - Paolicchi, A.. AU - Moretti, M.. AU - Cioni, D.. AU - Donati, F.. AU - Cicorelli, A.. AU - Ricci, S.. AU - Carrai, M.. AU - Conte, P. F.. AU - Cavina, E.. AU - Bartolozzi, C.. PY - 1998. Y1 - 1998. N2 - The aim of this study was to evaluate feasibility, safety, and effectiveness of radio-frequency (RF) thermal ablation, performed by using a cooled-tip electrode needle, in the treatment of liver metastases. Twenty-nine patients (20 males and 9 females; age range 43-77 years) with one to four hepatic metastases 1.1-4.8 cm in diameter (mean 2.9 ± 0.8 cm) from previously resected intra-abdominal primary malignancies were treated. All patients were excluded from surgery and had partial or no response to chemotherapy. Radio-frequency ablation was performed by using a 100-W generator and 17-gauge, ...
Pilot Projects. Philadelphia, PA. coffee, seasonal fruit, spaghetti and rope. David Shelton Gallery. Houston, TX New Drawings. ... Magazine project. Issue 2 2009 Division Leap. Magazine project. Issue 1 Sojourn. Issue 21. Cover and interview published by The ... Magazine project curated by Ronald Jones. Art Papers. "As water defines the fish: Part 2." Magazine project. Artists' pages. ... My recent cooking projects have allowed me to speak to all the senses and examine the interaction of our sensory processes. ...
Political foundation at European level
Pilot projects > Calls for Proposals > Pilot projects for European political foundations Archived 22 December 2008 at the ... Pilot projects > Full Call For Proposals DG/EAC/29/2007 European Commission > Citizenship > Pilot projects > Selection results ... Ten pilot Eurofoundations were set up in 2007/8, nine of which are still in existence as of 16 March 2009. They are as follows ... An initial one million euros was allocated for pilot proposals, and Call For Proposals DG/EAC/29/2007 went out with a deadline ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Looking for JJ - Reviews". Previous Projects. Pilot Theatre. Retrieved 4 June 2015. ... with Pilot Theatre Company. She has gone on to play numerous roles in theatre and television. She appeared as Dannii Carbone in ...
National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace
The federal government initiated and supported pilot programs. In 2012, NSTIC awarded $9 million to pilot projects in the first ... "Five Pilot Projects Receive Grants to Promote Online Security and Privacy". Press release. NIST. September 20, 2012. Retrieved ... Retrieved 2013-08-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Boeckl, Kaitlin (29 April 2016). "Pilot projects & partners". " ... Funding pilot projects that NSTIC said embrace and advance guiding principles; and The Federal Cloud Credential Exchange (FCCX ...
Rights and Humanity
... demonstration pilot projects; education; and professional training. The "human rights approach to development" pioneered by ...
Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation
Pilot projects help initiate a new momentum in the market, and most importantly offer an opportunity to benefit from the ... the project was essentially restarted with a new project team in 2005 and was operational until the end of 2009. The project ... The project team started its operation in early 2005, and gradually the project name changed to LCEC. The LCEC project ... Due to the importance of this pilot project, the event was covered by the media in every aspect. In fact, a press release was ...
European Train Control System
There is a pilot project "ERSAT EAV" running since 2015 with the objective to verify the suitability of EGNSS as the enabler of ... System expected to be ready by the end of 2021 In Hungary, the Zalacséb-Hodoš line was equipped with Level 1 as a pilot project ... 2001: ETCS Pilot Projects. Bombardier Transportation Rail Control Solutions and Alstom Transportation each equipped a section ... "PROCUREMENT OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY SERVICES OF THE MINDANAO RAILWAY PROJECT: (TAGUM-DAVAO-DIGOS SEGMENT)-REBID". ...
"Locations at Significant Risk (Greater Belfast Sub Plan)". Greater Belfast Pilot Study. The Rivers Agency. Archived from the ... Sefton, Mark; McColgan, Gerard (2019). "Ormeau Avenue Sewerage Upgrade" (PDF). Water Projects Online. "Floods Prompt Call For ... The Northern Ireland Place-Names Project. Retrieved 14 January 2021. Getty, Edmund (1855). "The True Position of the Ford of ...
Tilton's 1982 documentary Pilots North discusses bush pilots in the Canadian North. Following its release, the Edmonton Journal ... "Audio Production Projects". The Works Active Media. Retrieved 2020-08-24. "Olympic Volleyball Team Film Subject". San Pedro ... "Roger Tilton Films Pilots North". Quorum Quotes: International Quorum of Film & Video Producers: 6-7. Winter 1981. Banks, Tommy ... Banks, Tommy (1984). "Pilots North - film soundtrack for Northlands". The Provincial Archives of Alberta. " ...
North Carolina Highway 133
A widening project along Castle Hayne Road, between US 74 (Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway) and I-140 is planned to begin ... The State Port Pilot. Retrieved March 6, 2016. "Diverging Diamond Interchange on N.C. 133 in Brunswick Co. Opens to Traffic ... The project was completed on January 10, 2016. In 2016, construction on a diverging diamond interchange was completed at the US ... The installation of a roundabout at the intersection of NC 133 and 23rd Street is projected to begin right of way acquisitions ...
"Southwest pilot projects appointments". Government of Nova Scotia. June 29, 2000. Retrieved 2014-11-08. "NS introduces new ...
Rapid (San Diego)
"New Iris Rapid project". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. Retrieved 13 September 2019. "Rapid Projects". "New Kearny Mesa ... "Zero Emissions Bus Pilot Program". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. 11 July 2018. "Downtown Bus Layover Facility". www. ... However, projected low ridership, hilly terrain and high cost estimates shelved this proposal. It was instead decided to ... This is in addition to the investment in the I-15 HOT lane project, which cost approximately $1 billion for four new lanes and ...
Independent Energy Partners
Fischer, Perry A. (August 2008). "Shale oil pilot projects proliferate". World Oil. Gulf Publishing Company. 229 (8). Retrieved ... IEP was founded in 1991 as an energy project and technology development company. Since 2002, it has focused on the development ...
Norfolk Terminal Station
Virginian-Pilot, The. "As train use faded, so did Norfolk station". pilotonline.com. Retrieved 2020-08-06. Norfolk, VA - Great ... American Stations Associated Press (January 31, 1963). "Demolition Project". The Washington Post & Times-Herald. 86 (57). p. B- ...
Southeast High Speed Rail Corridor
The overall project cost for fully restoring and improving the S-line, including the curve straightening and new bridges ... High-speed rail in the United States "High-speed rail to Hampton Roads one step closer". The Virginian-Pilot. 1 September 2012 ... Another proposed rail project, known as the Transdominion Express, would connect to SEHSR and extend from Richmond west to ... "Virginia seeks project manager for Atlantic Gateway". Railway Age. February 7, 2017. Retrieved February 9, 2017. "D.C. to ...
John Monahan (RAF officer)
ISBN 978-1-4411-6164-2. "Project ENTERTAIN". rafa.ork.uk. Retrieved 3 February 2021. "Pilot's charity challenge". Darlington ... On graduation from pilot training, he was posted to No. 4 Squadron flying the Harrier Jump Jet at RAF Laarbruch in Germany, ... Whilst serving as a pilot with No. 1 Squadron in Afghanistan, Monahan was called upon to run a mission at very short notice in ... After training as a pilot, serving in active squadrons and exchange postings, Monahan was the commandant of the Central Flying ...
Project Pilot & Project Caleb". Aerospaceweb.org. Retrieved 2009-06-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Wade, Mark. " ... "Project Pilot". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Archived from the original on 2008-12-30. Retrieved 2009-06-04. CS1 maint: ... The project was cancelled due to pressure from the United States Air Force, who were responsible for all other orbital launches ... It was developed by the United States Navy's Naval Ordnance Test Station (NOTS) as a follow-up to the NOTS-EV-1 Pilot, which ...
List of sex worker organizations
"Pilot Mathambo Centre for Men's Health". Global Network of Sex Work Projects. 2 December 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2018. " ... "About Project X". Project X , Singapore. Retrieved 5 March 2021. "Project X". Global Network of Sex Work Projects. 15 February ... "Red Umbrella Project" (PDF). Global Network of Sex Work Projects. Retrieved 15 March 2021. "Red Umbrella Project". RESIST. ... "Safe Harbour Outreach Project (S.H.O.P)". Global Network of Sex Work Projects. 2 December 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2018. "S.H ...
Public schemes for energy efficient refurbishment
Implement a large plan for renovation of the public housing stock; Realize pilot projects in public housing; Accelerate ... Pilot programs took place from the 2008 up until mid-2011. When the Pay As You Save (PAYS) pilot ended, the government ... realization of pilot projects in the public housing sector). Reinforce sectorial policies et actions in terms of research, ... the fee structure of the project and the duration of the project (a typical energy performance contract is four to ten years). ...
"Baltimore Healthy Harbor Initiative Pilot Projects". Biohabitats. Retrieved February 6, 2016. "The Times Mirror Company-Company ... Other projects to improve water quality include the Blue Alleys project, expanded street sweeping, and stream restoration. ... which is why the Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore has included them in their Healthy Harbor Initiative pilot projects. ... The total project comprises 184 acres (0.74 km2) in eastern Baltimore City, and the site will yield 2,800,000 square feet ( ...
Shoaib Sultan Khan
Khan's guidance he established the Daudzai Pilot Project of the Integrated Rural Development Programme in 1972 on the pattern ... "Mr Shoaib Sultan Khan". Lodhran Pilot Project. "Board of Directors". AKH Resource Center. Archived from the original on 22 ... When Shoaib came to India in 1994 as part of the UNDP project, Prime Minister P.V. Narasimha Rao asked him to test the project ... At the end of the U.N pilot, on Shoaibs suggestion, Mr. Chandrababu Naidu, then Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, agreed to ...
Karen Fuller Brannen
"Hemp Growing Project; First Female F-18 Pilot; SB992; Lā'ieikawai". Hawai'i Public Radio. Retrieved 4 October 2017. CS1 maint: ... She was a USMC F-18 pilot for 3 years, before being the first woman to be awarded 'wings of gold'. She married Matt Brannen in ... Karen Fuller Brannen (née Tribbett) was the first United States Marine Corps female fighter strike pilot. She joined the armed ... "First female Marine strike pilot visits". Meridian Star. Retrieved 4 October 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) v t ...
"Pilot pill project". News - City. PuneMirror. February 16, 2011. Archived from the original on March 19, 2012. Retrieved July 4 ... ". "Prescription Access Litigation (PAL) Project :: Prescription Access Litigation (PAL) Project :: Lawsuits & Settlements :: ...
Water supply and sanitation in the United States
Oklahoma passed the Water for 2060 Act in 2012, to promote pilot projects for rainwater and graywater use among other water- ... "Criteria and Guidelines for the "Rainwater Harvesting"" (PDF). Pilot Project Program. Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB ... Proposed projects: Los Angeles, California - By 2019, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will build a plant to ... Project No. 4309. Archived from the original on 2019-04-08. "Analysis and Findings of The Gallup Organization's Drinking Water ...
The Allied pilots claimed twenty enemy aircraft destroyed, one of which, a Bf 109, was credited to Spence. He claimed a ... "John Edgar Hill Swain". The AIF Project. University of New South Wales. Retrieved 24 September 2018. RAAF Historical Section, ... Swain's father had been a pilot with the Royal Flying Corps in World War I. In August, Spence was posted to the Middle East. He ... 3 Squadron pilot, Sergeant Walter Mailey, whose Kittyhawk had been forced down. On 14 February, No. 3 Squadron and No. 112 ...
A poverty-alleviation project, called the Orangi Pilot Project, was initiated by Akhtar Hameed Khan in 1980. The project was ... "ORANGI PILOT PROJECT". web.mit.edu. Gayer, Laurent (2003). A Divided City: "Ethnic" And "Religious" Conflicts In Karachi, ... ISBN 978-0-7619-9798-6. Hasan, Arif (1999) Akhtar Hameed Khan and the Orangi Pilot Project. City Press, Karachi. ISBN 969-8380- ... the Orangi Pilot Project was launched under the guidance of Akhtar Hameed Khan, in which the local community financed, designed ...
ISBN 978-0-7661-0058-9. (reprint of 1715 edition) "Windsor". Thames Pilot Project. Retrieved 1 November 2009. Phillips 1981, p ...
CSIT - International Workers and Amateurs in Sports Confederation
The pilot project will include futsal, basketball and volleyball. YOUAca - Preparatory works for Youth Academy of Grassroots ... "Parasport Pilot Project". www.csit.tv. Retrieved 2020-12-01. "About - www.youaca.eu" (in Italian). Retrieved 2020-09-30. ... the International Projects and the Health, Recreation and Fitness Activities, as well as EU-funded projects: YOUAca (Youth ... Currently, the YOUAca project is running on its second edition (YOUAca 2.0.) with 5 nations participating: Italy (AICS), Spain ...
"Interview with Katherine Rowe: The Ultimate Coach". Awesome Sports Project. May 9, 2017. Retrieved June 26, 2018. "She's the ... Here's what she brings to the table". Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved March 14, 2019. "Shakespeare Association of America Governance ...
Black Rock Shooter
"Cast・Staff". Huke / BRS Project. Retrieved July 27, 2010. "Black Rock Shooter -Pilot Edition-". Good Smile Company. Retrieved ... A "Pilot Edition" of the anime was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) on September 30, 2009 by Good Smile Company. The pilot ... A "Pilot Edition" was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in September 2009, before the full version was released on DVDs bundled ... The song has also been included in Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F as a playable song. Produced by Yutaka Yamamoto's studio Ordet ...
Michael Landon, den frie encyklopædi
Året efter Bonanza var blevet afsluttet, fik Landon rollen som Charles Ingalls i pilot-afsnittet i serien som skulle blive ... Episoden: Project Immortality The Legend of Tom Dooley. Tom Dooley. Johnny Staccato. Freddie Tate. Episoden: The Naked Truth ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
Open access to scientific peer reviewed publications has evolved from a pilot project with limited scope in FP7 to an ... NoE projects require the minimum participation of three EU member-nations, however, projects are usually expected[by whom?] to ... An NoE project should not strictly be considered as a research project, since its aim is not to conduct research, but rather to ... Integrating Project (IP) *Medium- to large-sized collaborative research projects funded in FP6 and FP7. They are composed of a ...
Project Hot Hot Hot Shorts. *Floogals Discover Ice. *Floogals Welcome to Earth (Pilot) ... Mom aka "Mom Hooman", her surname is mentioned in Project Halloween when a kid compliments her on her Jack-o-Lantern, calling ... Project Ireland No We Just Like Own We Just Clear It Clear It ... Hugo, Evie & Luke's baby cousin in "Project Baby".. Episodes[ ... Luke ("Lukie") aka "Boy Hooman" He is eight years old, as heard and shown in "Project: Birthday Cake." ...
... notably the medical doctors association Marburger Bund and the pilots association Vereinigung Cockpit. The engineers ... Project Labor Agreement. *Professional association. *Salt (union organizing). *Textile and clothing trade unions ...
Liquefied natural gas
LNG Project Screening. Base load (large scale, ,1 MTPA) LNG projects require natural gas reserves, buyers and ... in 1940 just after a successful pilot plant built by its sister company, Hope Natural Gas Company of West Virginia. This was ... "East Coast LNG project gains momentum, strikes deal with E.ON". The Globe and Mail. Toronto. 2013-06-03. Archived from the ... Excluding high cost projects the increase of 120% over the period 2002-2012 is more in line with escalation in the upstream oil ...
As of the census of 2000, there were 7,289 people, 899 households, and 756 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,965.8 people per square mile (758.6/km²). There were 961 housing units at an average density of 259.2 per square mile (100.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 32.4% White, 21.3% Black or African American, 0.7% Native American, 0.6% Asian, ,0.1% Pacific Islander, 42.7% from other races, and 2.3% from two or more races. 57.4% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.. There were 899 households out of which 50.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.2% were married couples living together, 17.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.8% were non-families. 14.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.6 and the average family size was 3.9.. In the city, the population was spread out with 16.3% under the ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Robert Kiyosaki (1969) Author of the Rich Dad, Poor Dad books; Marine Corps helicopter gunship pilot during the Vietnam War ... Elliot See (1949) Project Gemini astronaut; killed in training; inducted into USMMA Hall of Distinguished Graduates in 1999 ... Mark E. Kelly (1986) Captain, US Navy; Space Shuttle pilot, STS-108 Space Shuttle Endeavour, STS-121 Space Shuttle Discovery, ...
Culture of Alberta
During the province's early years, many significant projects were designed by eastern firms including those of Ross and ... as well as for BCATP pilots during World War II. In his 1923 book Vers une architecture, French architect Le Corbusier featured ...
Air Midwest Flight 5481
Even though both pilots pushed on the control column forward, the plane did not respond to their input, and this led to the ... Although the pilots had totaled up the take-off weight of the aircraft before the flight and determined it to be within limits ... All nineteen passengers and two pilots on board died in the accident, and one person on the ground received minor injuries. ... leading to the pilots not having sufficient pitch control. Although normally a post-adjustment control test would be conducted ...
Prince Andrew, Duke of York
1981-1984: Sub Lieutenant, Pilot, 820 NAS on HMS Invincible;. *. 1984-1992: Lieutenant, Pilot, 815 NAS on HMS Brazen; ... He and his family later initiated Key to Freedom, a project which tries to "find a route to market for products made by WIF."[ ... Commander Nigel Ward's memoir, Sea Harrier Over the Falklands, described Prince Andrew as "an excellent pilot and a very ... The Duke of York served as flight commander and pilot of the Lynx HAS3 on HMS Campbeltown from 1989 to 1991, during which he ...
Health in Nepal
In 2012, the Nepalese government decided to launch a pilot program on universal health insurance in three districts of the ... 49 years.The male to female sex ratio of total infection came down from 2.15 of 2006 to 1.95 for the year 2013 and projected to ...
Pilot 2013-2019 Veep Kent Davison 55 episodes. Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy ... also played Joe Maxwell on DCOM Cadet Kelly and appeared as real-life astronaut Edgar Mitchell in HBO's recreation of Project ... In 2011, Cole joined Fox's comedy pilot Tagged, but the series was not picked up. ... "Gary Cole Gets Tagged for Fox Pilot". TVGuide.com. Retrieved February 14, 2011.. ...
Daniel E. Atkins
He was the project director of the [University of Michigan Digital Library Project and helped to pilot the Mellon Foundation's ... He was also the director of the NSF EXPRES Project that laid the foundation for NSF's FASTLANE all-electronic proposal ... JSTOR Project. Academic career. In 1982 Atkins became associate dean for research and graduate programs for the ...
Everest (2015 film)
Nepal Army pilot Lt. Col. Madan Khatri Chhetri flies a high altitude mission to take Beck to hospital. Meanwhile, one of ... Outstanding Models in a Photoreal or Animated Project ("Mt. Everest") Matthias Bjarnasson, Olafur Haraldsson, Kjartan Hardarson ...
Pilot Grove. See also: National Register of Historic Places listings in Iowa County, Iowa and List of National Historic ... at Wikipedia's sister projects *. Media from Wikimedia Commons *. News from Wikinews *. Texts from Wikisource ...
... pilots are represented by British Air Line Pilots' Association, cabin crew by British Airlines Stewards and Stewardesses ... In 1997, there was a controversial change to a new Project Utopia livery; all aircraft used the corporate colours consistently ... "British Airways blaze pilot: 'I'm finished flying'". BBC News. 10 September 2015. Archived from the original on 7 October 2015 ... "Former British Airways pilot on flying iconic Boeing 747 jumbo jet". Sky News. Retrieved 26 April 2021.. ...
The pilot episode received 10.88 million viewers and a 3.6/9 adults 18-49 rating/share, placing third in its timeslot at 9:00 ... Jeffrey Reiner signed on to direct, after having agreed to a deal with Universal Media Studios to work on new projects. He ... Reviews of the pilot episode were generally favorable, scoring 67 out of 100 on Metacritic, and invoking many comparisons ... After having read the pilot script, he called it a "page turner." Lisa Zwerling, who also signed a deal with UMS, served as ...
Wangler M, Zaugg B, Faigaux E (2010). "Medication Prescription: A Pilot Survey of Bernese Doctors of Chiropractic Practicing in ... Find more aboutChiropracticat Wikipedia's sister projects *. Definitions from Wiktionary *. Media from Wikimedia Commons ...
Pilot Pyotr Kolodin Mission parameters. *Mass: 5,682 kg (12,527 lb). *Apogee: 475 km (295 mi) ...
Solar-Powered Aircraft Developments Solar One
At the hands of pilot Ken Stewart, a successful flight took place on 13 June 1979, covering just under 0.75 mi (1.2 km). The ... They were the most costly part of the aircraft and had to be limited in capacity to remain within the project budget of £16,000 ... Freddie To was a member of the Kremer prize committee who started his own project to produce a human-powered aircraft to ...
In early March 2006 Cortex reported that, in a small pilot Phase II study, CX717 had demonstrated positive clinical and ... the United States Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. AMPA receptor positive allosteric modulator "Benzofurazan ... application to initiate pilot Phase II clinical trials in the United States. Also, in 2005, the United States Department of ...
... which can be discussed at the project's notice board. To participate, simply add your name to the project members page. ... 1942 - Australian pilot Ron Middleton earns a posthumous Victoria Cross for valour in bringing his crew and crippled bomber ... The project page and its subpages contain suggestions on formatting and style of articles, ...
Occupational health psychology
Population-based estimates from the Connecticut Upper-extremity Surveillance Project (CUSP). Journal of Occupational Health ... airline pilots, bus drivers, locomotive engineers, truck drivers), preschool teachers, and craftsmen. Among 30 studies ...
Kevin D. Randle
Project Blue Book Exposed (1998). *Project Moon Dust: Beyond Roswell - Exposing The Government's Covert Investigations And ... In Vietnam, Randle piloted UH-1 helicopters while assigned to the 116th Assault Helicopter Company based at Cu Chi, and later ... Conspiracy of Silence: From Roswell to Project Blue Book - What the Government Doesn't Want You to Know about UFOs (1997) .mw- ...
... pilot, pygmy killer, and melon-headed whales) in the Indian Ocean Sanctuary, 1772-1986 in Cetaceans and cetacean research in ... and the two species of pilot whales, all of which are classified under the family Delphinidae (oceanic dolphins). Each ... and the two species of pilot whales, all of which are classified under the family Delphinidae (oceanic dolphins). ...
Plant construction is coordinated by project engineers and project managers  depending on the size of the investment. A ... Chemical engineering design concerns the creation of plans, specification, and economic analyses for pilot plants, new plants ... They may be involved in designing and constructing plants as a project engineer. Chemical engineers serving as project ... The completion of the Human Genome Project is also seen as a major development, not only advancing chemical engineering but ...
Royal Albert Hall
"Projects: Royal Albert Hall". BDP.com. Archived from the original on 31 July 2014. Retrieved 29 April 2014.. ... In October 1942, the Hall suffered minor damage during World War II bombing but was left mostly untouched as German pilots used ... The largest project of the ongoing renovation and development was the building of a new south porch - door 12, accommodating a ... On 4 June 2004, the project received the Europa Nostra Award for remarkable achievement. The East (Door 3) and West (Door 9 ...
"Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved June 12, 2019.. *^ Chitwood, Adam (June 24, 2019). "'The Lion King' Soundtrack Details Revealed; ... The project was presented at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. Williams later appeared on a cover ...
The Super-Kamiokande project was approved by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture in 1991 for total ... The Cherenkov light is projected as a ring on the wall of the detector and recorded by the PMTs. Using the timing and charge ... Saul Perlmutter and members of the Supernova Cosmology Project; Brian Schmidt, Adam Riess and members of the High-Z Supernova ... Special: Ronald Drever, Kip Thorne, Rainer Weiss and contributors to LIGO project (2016) ...
Bisserbe JC, Lépine JP (1994). "Moclobemide in social phobia: a pilot open study. GRP Group. Groupe de Recherche en ...
UManage Pilot Projects | College of Nursing
Year One Pilot Projects. Year Two Pilot Projects. Year Three Pilot Projects. Year Four Pilot Projects. Year Five Pilot Projects ... Pilot Projects The UManage Center will fund ten pilot research studies over five years. These will not only offer nursing ... To date, ten pilot project grants have been assigned to faculty in the College of Nursing. ...
Bloomberg Pilot Project
pilot project - Wiktionary
Distribution of pilot projects There are currently 24 ongoing or concluded pilot projects. ... In the pilot projects we test and verify. technologies and solutions for the future intelligent electricity. distribution ... Pilot projects contribute to system innovations and ensure standardised and cost-effective solutions for the future ... Pilot projects in CINELDI cooperate with The Norwegian Smartgrid Centre and Demo Norge. ...
Pilot projects funded by the European Parliament - European Commission
A pilot project is an initiative of an experimental nature designed to test the feasibility and usefulness of action. It is ... This pilot project is to support knowledge sharing and policy development to reduce health inequalities in the EU, with a focus ... Pilot projects are designed to test the feasibility and usefulness of specific activities. They are used to try out different ... Implemented between March 2016 and March 2018, the aim of this pilot project was to improve our understanding of how best to ...
Laguna Canyon Road project - Daily Pilot
WHAT'S BEHIND IT: The four-mile project will expand the roadway to two lanes in each direction, divided by a median that ... The four-mile project will expand the roadway to two lanes in each direction, divided by a median that separates the north- and ... Meetings on the project were conducted privately, which generated criticism as a violation of the state Brown Act, which ... 20051223irx176ncDON LEACH / COASTLINE PILOT(LA)Crews have been working on Laguna Canyon Road at the 405. ...
Federal Register :: Farm Loan Pilot Projects
... will conduct pilot projects of limited scope and duration to evaluate processes and techniques that may improve the efficiency ... The pilot projects may diverge from program regulations at 7 CFR parts 761 through 767, but the pilot projects must be ... FSA will announce the pilot projects through news release.. FSA expects that one of the results of the pilot project will help ... at least 60 days before initiating a pilot project, the Secretary will submit notice of the proposed pilot project to the ...
TAP Summit Pilot Project: Budget
... * 1. WHAT DOES OPEN GOVERNMENT MEAN TO YOU? Transparency Action Plan 2011 Summit Pilot Project ... Madar+ marketing plan, pilot edition by Mohamed Ragab 93 views * WRAN/TVWS Pilot Project @Jogjakarta... by Michael Sunggiardi ... E learning fitness project structur... by eLearningFitness 751 views * Pilot Plant - EPIC Modular Process by EPIC Systems Inc. ...
Pilot Projects | USDA-FNS
Evaluation of Pilot Projects to Promote Work and Increase State Accountability in SNAP - Peer Review Plan. ... Up to five retailers in three states will be selected for this pilot and, once selected, the pilot is slated to begin next ... commitment to program integrity by looking carefully at the pilot. Lessons learned from this pilot are expected to inform ... Firms Sought as Volunteers for SNAP Home Food Delivery Pilot. The U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking governmental or non ...
UKAS : Current Pilot Projects
Middle Applegate Watershed Pilot (Medford) Projects Oregon/Washington BLM
Pilot Joe Project. Planning Documents. *Project Initiation Letter (PDF). *Middle Applegate Watershed Pilot Joe Project Scoping ... Pilot Joe Demonstration Project Finding of No Significant Impact (PDF). *Pilot Joe Demonstration Project Decision Record (PDF) ... Revised Environmental Assessment for the Pilot Thompson Project (PDF). *Environmental Assessment for the Pilot Thompson Project ... Pilot Thompson Project. Planning Documents. *Decision Record #2 (August 21, 2013) (PDF) ...
Fairmount Line Weekday Service Pilot | Projects | MBTA
The Fairmount Line pilot aims to create a positive impact on transit equity and improve riders access to opportunities. ... As part of the Fairmount Line pilot, riders will be able to use CharlieCards to pay at Fairmount Line Zone 1A stations. ... We invite you to review documents presented to the Fiscal and Management Control Board as part of the Fairmount pilot process: ... A pilot of additional Fairmount Line weekday trips began June 22, 2020 and is currently ongoing. ...
Pilot Projects | Public Health Cadre | Brown University
The CADRE pilot projects program, Funding the Future: Pilot Grants, will support 2 pilot projects (PPs) each year, led by ... Pilot Projects. Program Description. The COBRE Center for Addiction and Disease Risk Exacerbation (CADRE) investigates ... Award Project Period. The project period is 12 months, but it may be extended up to 24 months by obtaining formal permission at ... The proposed research project should be of one year duration. Awardees who wish to extend their project up to 2 years must ...
A country of perpetual pilot projects | CMAJ
We need a nationwide registry of pilot projects and a mechanism to share best practices and discuss project outcomes regularly ... We seldom move proven projects into stable, funded programs, and we rarely transfer the outcomes of pilot projects across ... All of these funding streams have launched thousands of pilot projects across the country - projects that usually die when ... Between 75% and 80% of this new budget supported peer-reviewed pilot projects, demonstration projects, symposia and workshops; ...
Farm Pilot Project Coordination, Inc. - Idealist
New Caledonia: BEST pilot project | IUCN
New Caledonia: BEST pilot project. Fri, 31 Aug 2012 A number of organizations working to implement global agreements on ... Progress by the pilot project will be reported on at the eleventh meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the CBD to be ... The project will link national project teams with technical experts within the CBD, the GEF, World Bank, UNEP, FAO, IUCN, and ... land degradation and climate change announced a pilot partnership designed to promote projects and programs that work across ...
Roseburg Pilot Project Oregon/Washington BLM
The Roseburg Pilot Project has been offered as one landscape among many to serve the needs of the Secretarial Pilot Project ( ... to immediately develop action plans for both the Roseburg Pilot Project and the Middle Applegate Watershed Pilot Project. ... Forestry Pilot Projects. Following up on the December 8, 2010 meeting in Washington, D.C. the BLM committed ... Norm Johnson and Jerry Franklin, held a series of public meetings, workshops, and field trips to discuss the pilot projects and ...
AOPA Project Pilot - AOPA
AOPA Project PilotAOPA Project Pilot October 1, 2007 AOPA Project Pilot provides members with the tools to find viable flight- ... AOPA Project Pilot provides members with the tools to find viable flight-training candidates and support them as student pilots ... A student with a Project Pilot Mentor is three times more likely to successfully complete his or her training. This exciting ... Correlation: We need mentors in order to keep our industry vibrant and we need you to volunteer for AOPA Project Pilot! ...
GridBox pilot project | SpringerLink
5 Development project and field tests. The GridBox system has been developed within a 3-years research project by the project ... ewz uses a low voltage grid area in the periphery of Zurich (district Affoltern) for the project. This pilot grid is ... BfE (2013) Swiss2G Pilot- and Demonstration Project; an innovative concept for the decentralized management of distributed ... The pilot project ended by March 2016. A commercialization of the GridBox platform is planned. ...
Chevron, Argentina's YPF agree joint pilot project | Reuters
Galuccio said fully developing the two Vaca Muerta areas where the pilot project is based would require an investment of up to ... The pilot drilling program should be completed over the next year and both companies will help fund the cost, although they ... "The question is going to be how big the investment will be beyond the pilot," Moshiri told reporters in Buenos Aires via video ... said Wednesdays letter of intent established a pilot program to drill 100 non-conventional oil wells at a cost of about $1 ...
Early Hearing Detection & Intervention Interoperability Pilot Site Project
Project Description: This project supports ongoing efforts towards advancing the capability of state-based public health ... Early Hearing Detection & Intervention Interoperability Pilot Site Project. ... Project Results: To view the PowerPoint presentation from CHIICs August 2015 meeting, click hereCdc-ppt. . ... For more information about this project, please contact the CHIIC at [email protected] or Brian Lee at [email protected] ...
Pilot Projects | National Democratic Institute
Alternatively, the pilot project might be expected to result in a comprehensive report on the pilot process, lessons learned, a ... The pilot process should be transparent and include mechanisms for feedback from stakeholders. Pilot projects require all ... EXAMPLE: Piloting Electronic Voting in Peru KEY CONSIDERATIONS: Pilot Projects NEXT: Decision on Adoption Back Home Next ... they are included and consulted as much as possible throughout the pilot project process. Resources - The conduct of a pilot ...
Stars shine in latest pilot projects - Broadcasting & Cable
CBS greenlit a pilot dubbed Mr. Life, a half-hour project starring Turturro as a blue-collar man who owns and operates an ... Stars shine in latest pilot projects Author:. By BroadCasting & Cable Staff. Publish date:. Mar 6, 2001. Updated on. Mar 16, ... In other pilot developments,. former Cybill regular Alicia Witt will play a lead clerk in the Supreme Court in The Bench, an ... Randy Quaid will play the head of a blue collar family in The Kennedys, a CBS comedy pilot based on the BBC series The Royale ...
Pilot Project | Bars in Logan Square, Chicago
Softwalks - The Pilot Project by Softwalks - Kickstarter
The Pilot Project on Kickstarter! Softwalks transforms sidewalk sheds into functional public places for everyone to enjoy. This ... There are 67 BIDs in New York City, and we hope to market our pilot project to these groups to secure the ideal pilot project ... For Softwalks, this Kickstarter campaign will enable us to launch a pilot project for a short period of time in NYC. To date, ... While the pilot project and this Kickstarter campaign are specifically for New York City, we are eager to use what we will ...
Groundbreaking Malaria Elimination Pilot Project launches in Grand'Anse, Haiti
A groundbreaking new pilot program for malaria elimination has launched in the in GrandAnse region of Haiti, ... A groundbreaking new pilot program for malaria elimination has launched in the in GrandAnse region of Haiti, which carries ... A groundbreaking new pilot program for malaria elimination has launched in the in GrandAnse region of Haiti, which carries ... "This project only proves that through continued partnership and increased funding, we can end malaria in the Americas, and ...
IHAN pilot projects - Sitra
IHAN PILOT PROJECTS IHAN pilot projects implement experiments promoting a fair data economy. The aim is to build services ... Project parties: DataSense, Soficta, Toivon Tila (farm), the city of Salo. My Travel Health, Tokyo 2020. The project piloted ... All projects will be finished in 2021.. Projects in progress. MyCelia. The project defines the new digital identity standard ... The main objective of this project is to build the Minerva digital wallet.. The project will end in 2020.. Project participants ...
CMS Pilot Projects Find Incentives Spur Quality | Medpage Today
A project that links Medicare payments to quality of hospital care has led to the prevention of 4,700 heart attack deaths in ... announced fourth-year data from its hospital quality improvement project as well as data from two demonstration projects in ... The pilot saved Medicare more than $32 million in its third year, and five physician groups will share in a portion of that ... WASHINGTON -- A project that links Medicare payments to quality of hospital care has led to the prevention of 4,700 heart ...
Loblaw Launches Four Rooftop Solar Pilot Projects - Environmental Leader
Loblaw Launches Four Rooftop Solar Pilot Projects. March 12, 2010. March 11, 2010. by Gina Roos. ... Based on the success of the initial four pilot projects, Loblaw will evaluate the next phase of roll outs. ... Loblaw has launched a rooftop solar pilot project at four stores in Ontario -Ajax, Orleans, Toronto and Whitby. ... which is designed to help speed up the development of renewable energy projects. ...
Bangerter Proposes Pilot 'Block Grant' Project - Education Week
Norman H. Bangerter of Utah has proposed a pilot program that would combine nearly all state aid to districts into block grants ... 2019 Editorial Projects in Education 6935 Arlington Road, Bethesda MD 20814 1-800-346-1834 (Main Office) 1-800-445-8250 ( ... Norman H. Bangerter of Utah has proposed a pilot program that would combine nearly all state aid to districts into block grants ... If tests show that student progress in the five pilot districts has improved, the Governor said, the program would be expanded. ...
20162019201820172020Supplemental Nutrition Assistance ProgramProgramStakeholdersMandate of the pilot projectSearchDemonstration ProjectsAopaApproachesInvestigatorsVaca MuertaFrameworkImplementCoordination2021NewsResearchGrantsMainOrganizationFeasibilityReutersCriteria to be utilizedHealthcareBackers pledgedObjectivesParticipantsImplementationLessons learnedChartOfficialsAcademyBasic Income Pilot ProjectSupportOutputsProcurementTestDevelopmentBroaderSustainFundingDaily PilotAims to createProgressAssessmentProposalDesigned to investigateEvaluationReportRobustSystemDataInnovationEvaluateOverseesProcessAwarenessCandidatesIncludePeople'sDemonstrationsAdvocacySolarInitiativeJointlyAutonomous
- The three-year HEPP project started in January 2016 and will finish in December 2018. (europa.eu)
- Implemented between March 2016 and March 2018, the aim of this pilot project was to improve our understanding of how best to reduce specific health inequalities experienced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) people. (europa.eu)
- Beginning in September 2016, we began piloting new bus service along the #31 31st route to improve east-west transit connections along the eastern portion of the 31st Street corridor. (transitchicago.com)
- Some projects started in 2018 and the rest will start in spring 2019. (sitra.fi)
- However, the project was terminated early by a newly elected Progressive Conservative government, and the final payments were made to participants in March 2019. (wikipedia.org)
- The BCTF is participating in Project Overseas in July, 2019, and supporting four (4) members to be Project Overseas facilitators. (bctf.ca)
- Information for potential applicants to the 2019 projects. (bctf.ca)
- 10 months after the Liberal administration started distributing payments, the early cancellation of the project was announced (in August 2018) by the Progressive Conservative government. (wikipedia.org)
- Projects will begin October 1, 2017 and run until September 30, 2018. (uiowa.edu)
- In 2018, the SFMTA's board voted to expand the pilot project to the rest of the city's parking spaces and make it the permanent policy of the City. (nelsonnygaard.com)
- Implemented between 2015 and 2017, the project aimed to explore ways to improve the health of people who are living in vulnerable and isolated situations across Europe. (europa.eu)
- Wells Fargo began its foray into AI with a Facebook chatbot pilot that began in April 2017 and ran for a year so the bank could evaluate how it enhanced and simplified customer interactions. (computerworld.com)
- A pilot of additional Fairmount Line weekday trips began June 22, 2020 and is currently ongoing. (mbta.com)
- The project will end in 2020. (sitra.fi)
- The project will end in the spring 2020. (sitra.fi)
- More than half of the pilots who responded to AOPA's 2020 Weather Survey indicated they would definitely or probably use a voice capability to file pireps," said AOPA Alaska Regional Manager Tom George. (aopa.org)
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program5
- For the first time, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants will be able to select and pay for their groceries online, during a two-year test (pilot) launched today in New York State. (usda.gov)
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced the seven retail firms selected to take part in a pilot designed to enable Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participants to purchase their groceries online. (usda.gov)
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is seeking retailer volunteers for a two-year, nationwide pilot to enable Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participants to purchase their groceries online. (usda.gov)
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking governmental or non-profit food purchasing and delivery firms to become SNAP authorized retailers for a one-year, nationwide pilot designed to improve grocery access for homebound elderly and disabled participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. (usda.gov)
- The 2014 Farm Bill authorized up to $200 million for the development, implementation, and evaluation of up to 10 pilot projects designed to reduce dependency and increase work effort under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). (usda.gov)
- In making the announcement, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue highlighted online purchasing's potential, along with the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) commitment to program integrity by looking carefully at the pilot. (usda.gov)
- The CADRE pilot projects program, 'Funding the Future: Pilot Grants,' will support 2 pilot projects (PPs) each year, led by early career investigators from a number of disciplinary backgrounds (i.e. sociology, economics, anthropology, psychology). (brown.edu)
- Awardee must be an early career investigator as defined by an individual who does not have and has not previously had an external peer reviewed research project grant (R01), R01 equivalent, or Program Project Grant (PPG) from either a Federal or non-Federal source that names investigator as PD/PI. (brown.edu)
- Our addiction to pilot projects began in 1975, born of good intentions, when Health Canada (then National Health and Welfare) launched the National Health Research and Development Program. (cmaj.ca)
- Galuccio and Ali Moshiri, Chevron's head of operations for Latin America and Africa, said Wednesday's letter of intent established a pilot program to drill 100 non-conventional oil wells at a cost of about $1 billion. (reuters.com)
- The pilot drilling program should be completed over the next year and both companies will help fund the cost, although they declined to say whether it would be split equally. (reuters.com)
- We propose partnering with the Public Health Informatics Institute (PHII) and the Oregon Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) program to conduct a pilot implementation of the new EHR interoperability approaches, as described in the Office of the National Coordinator of Health IT's (ONC) Standards and Interoperability (S&I) Framework. (cdc.gov)
- As a result of this pilot, both the program and the hospital will demonstrate improvements in efficiency and data quality assurance to the greater public health community. (cdc.gov)
- A groundbreaking new pilot program for malaria elimination has launched in the in Grand'Anse region of Haiti, which carries more than 50% of the island's malaria burden and has incidence rates nearly 12 times higher than the national average. (prweb.com)
- Digicel has stepped up to ensure the success of the program by providing 100 Surtab tablets and solar-powered battery chargers to community health workers implementing the malaria elimination pilot, who are canvassing the region to identify, diagnose, treat, and track malaria cases for the benefit of Grand'Anse families. (prweb.com)
- These applications have been approved by the Ontario Power Authority through the Feed-in Tariff (FIT) program under the Green Energy Act, which is designed to help speed up the development of renewable energy projects. (environmentalleader.com)
- In a move aimed at granting schools greater flexibility in spending state funds, Gov. Norman H. Bangerter of Utah has proposed a pilot program that would combine nearly all state aid to districts into block grants. (edweek.org)
- If tests show that student progress in the five pilot districts has improved, the Governor said, the program would be expanded. (edweek.org)
- Under the Purdue research program supported by the FAA's NextGen Weather Technology in the Cockpit program, pilots willing to participate take on a session that lasts about 20 minutes during which they are asked to review several weather scenarios, then record a pirep as they would while flying. (aopa.org)
- Critics say that the city has let the scope of the project get out of hand, and that its construction management program unnecessarily puts taxpayer money at risk. (latimes.com)
- This financial services company agreed to a pilot program with GBS Transformer because it was cost effective and provided an accelerated timeframe for conversion and modernization of their existing Lotus Notes applications. (prweb.com)
- In 2008, the UI PRC implemented a Pilot Project Program whereby we annually fund, through a competitive and peer reviewed process, pilot studies of investigators including doctoral candidates and post-doctoral trainees on campus. (uiowa.edu)
- This program has expanded our research portfolio, our collaborative potential, and our reach into new communities.The primary objectives of the pilot project program are to encourage the development of new research projects consistent with the mission of the UI PRC and to attract new research partners to collaborate with us. (uiowa.edu)
- Faculty salary support is not eligible under this pilot project program. (uiowa.edu)
- The pilot program marks the next phase of SITES - putting to the test a rating system created by dozens of the country's leading sustainability experts, scientists and design professionals, with public input from hundreds of individuals and dozens of organizations. (wildflower.org)
- We received hundreds of applications from an impressive array of federal agencies, international companies, major universities and non-profit organizations, among many others, to participate in the pilot program," said ASLA Executive Vice President and CEO Nancy Somerville. (wildflower.org)
- In addition, multiple project managers who helped start the program have since joined Nelson\Nygaard to help other cities around the world design and implement similar programs. (nelsonnygaard.com)
- The pilot project is a continuation of the popular U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Silver Jackets Program, which started in 2009. (wibw.com)
- The program enables active USACE participation in the existing Kansas Hazard Mitigation Team, which prioritized this area of the Big Blue River for this pilot. (wibw.com)
- Also, many Philippine laws are patterned after U.S. laws, which would make a pilot program here somewhat easier to harmonize. (scoop.co.nz)
- HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - The Federal Highway Administration has approved Connecticut for a pilot program installing an electronic toll system. (courant.com)
- The pilot program for so-called value-pricing bypasses a federal ban on federal highway tolls by offering an exemption that allows certain types of electronic tolls. (courant.com)
- Both companies will take a 50 percent stake in the Bajada de Añelo field to develop a pilot program, which will be operated by Shell, YPF said in a statement. (reuters.com)
- The unit is a Department of Justice pilot program that uses data collection and analysis to help combat the devastating opioid crisis that is ravaging families and communities across America. (justice.gov)
- The Department of Justice selected the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Alabama as one of only 12 districts across the country to participate in the pilot program. (justice.gov)
- U.S. Attorney Jay Town established the Opioid Pilot Project Task Force (OPP) to implement and execute the pilot program and appointed a veteran prosecutor in the office to lead it. (justice.gov)
- The project was part of the Cooling and Heating Asset Management Program (CHAMP) pilot HVAC renovation. (burnsmcd.com)
- In 2011, OU Facilities Management and Detroit Edison's Community Lighting group launched a pilot program to install and evaluate multiple LED, induction, and other outdoor lighting technologies across campus. (oakland.edu)
- The Southeast Center for Agricultural Health and Injury Prevention and its annual feasibility projects program are funded through CDC/NIOSH Cooperative Agreement 5U54OH007547. (uky.edu)
- For more information about the pilot projects listed here, please visit us online or contact CARERC Pilot Projects Program, c/o Teresa A. Donovan, M.P.H., [email protected] . (uky.edu)
- TORONTO - The Ontario government is defending its decision to cancel the province's basic income pilot project, suggesting the program discouraged participants from finding work. (torontosun.com)
- AP) - Indiana University is starting a pilot program that could make it easier for high schools to offer dual credit courses under a new state requirement due to start next year. (washingtontimes.com)
- The intent of the Pilot Project Program (PPP) is to speed up the rate of progress to move a research project, clinical finding or other discovery into a broader network of activities, while maximizing the breadth of transdisciplinary skills applied to the research question. (umassmed.edu)
- Methodology: The proposed project activities are intended to engage relevant stakeholders from state EHDI programs, clinicians, HIT standards development organizations, HIT vendors, and federal agencies to advance the collecting and reporting of EHDI surveillance data and to facilitate electronic exchange of standardized healthcare information for improved developmental outcomes in children. (cdc.gov)
- The pilot process should be transparent and include mechanisms for feedback from stakeholders. (ndi.org)
- It is recommended that, even if electoral stakeholders are not formally included in the project management body established by the implementing agency, they are included and consulted as much as possible throughout the pilot project process. (ndi.org)
- Are stakeholders, including observer groups, political actors and voters, permitted and encouraged to observe the pilot process, and are they invited to provide feedback on the piloted technologies during the evaluation process? (ndi.org)
- In addition, a large study group convened by the Maryland General Assembly, including a wide range of stakeholders, reached a consensus that this navigator pilot project should be implemented. (ubalt.edu)
- The objectives of the pilot project are to reduce flood risk for homes and businesses and improve on how USACE is involving stakeholders in risk-informed decision making. (wibw.com)
- In this way, it provides policy makers, donors and other key stakeholders with tools for assessing when, and under what conditions, seemingly successful ICT pilot projects are likely to prove effective and sustainable once taken beyond the pilot stage. (infodev.org)
- Our hope is that this framework will help all stakeholders in ICT pilot projects to gather rigorous evidence we all need to make forward looking judgements and decisions about ICT for development projects. (infodev.org)
- Piloting a knowledge management (KM) tool or approach involves rolling it out to a targeted group of employees or stakeholders in order to test its functionality and impact, gather feedback, and make improvements before deploying it to a broader audience. (apqc.org)
- The HSSP project is a coordinated effort among stakeholders in Arizona to increase students' STEM interest and career awareness, and to improve educational outcomes in science. (terc.edu)
Mandate of the pilot project1
- Mandate - The mandate of the pilot project should be clearly identified. (ndi.org)
- Since 2010, Nelson\Nygaard has conducted numerous data collection efforts for SF park progam, including surveys of parking search time, spillover parking into residential areas, and instances of double parking and the use of disabled placards in pilot areas. (nelsonnygaard.com)
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced fourth-year data from its hospital quality improvement project as well as data from two demonstration projects in which physician groups improved outcomes by following quality measures. (medpagetoday.com)
- AOPA Project Pilot provides members with the tools to find viable flight-training candidates and support them as student pilots with the wisdom and encouragement of experienced pilots through mentoring. (aopa.org)
- Correlation: We need mentors in order to keep our industry vibrant and we need you to volunteer for AOPA Project Pilot! (aopa.org)
- Get the latest news on coronavirus impacts on general aviation, including what AOPA is doing to protect GA, event cancellations, advice for pilots to protect themselves, and more. (aopa.org)
- Researchers at Purdue University are working toward that goal, and AOPA is encouraging pilots to participate in a project to evaluate whether hands-free or speech-based pirep-filing technology really would give pilots the incentive many say they have been waiting for. (aopa.org)
- AOPA supports making it easier to file pireps because they represent a valuable source of information that helps pilots-especially pilots of lighter aircraft-know the state of the atmosphere," George added. (aopa.org)
- We also lack a way to generalize the successful approaches developed by pilot projects and the will to act upon them widely. (cmaj.ca)
- The City of Calgary is piloting different approaches to controlling invasive pest populations without compromising the health of our ecosystems, through our Integrated Pest Management approach. (calgary.ca)
- To encourage discussion and comparison of existing computational and experimental approaches to annotating the human genome, and to stimulate the development of new ones, the NHGRI proposed to create a highly interactive public research consortium to carry out a pilot project for testing and comparing existing and new methods to identify functional sequences in DNA. (genome.gov)
- Through the ENCODE pilot, NHGRI assessed the abilities of different approaches to be scaled up for an effort to analyze the entire human genome and to find gaps in the ability to identify functional elements in genomic sequence. (genome.gov)
- While the political and economic situation remains volatile and unpredictable, the project will develop and test innovative approaches suitable for an urgently needed long-term rehabilitation of agriculture and will minimize the risk in terms of resource utilization,' FAO said. (fao.org)
- Investigators holding K awards can serve as COBRE pilot investigators. (brown.edu)
- ENCODE Pilot Project: Participants and Projects ) and brought together investigators with diverse backgrounds and expertise to evaluate the relative merits of each of a diverse set of techniques, technologies and strategies. (genome.gov)
- A set of regions (See: ENCODE Pilot Project: Target Selection below) representing approximately 1 percent (30 Mb) of the human genome was selected as the target for the pilot project and was analyzed by all ENCODE Pilot Project investigators. (genome.gov)
- Galuccio said fully developing the two Vaca Muerta areas where the pilot project is based would require an investment of up to $15 billion and the drilling of as many as 2,000 wells. (reuters.com)
- Partners will include the PHII and the Oregon Health Authority to conduct a pilot implementation of the standards developed by the ONC S&I Framework Structured Data Capture (SDC) Initiative. (cdc.gov)
- Legal Framework - The legislative amendment process necessary to enable the conduct of pilot projects, if any amendments are required, may be different for a pilot than for a more general implementation of electronic voting or counting technology. (ndi.org)
- Does the legal framework permit piloting of electronic voting and counting technologies, or are legislative amendments needed to enable the conduct of pilot projects? (ndi.org)
- This handbook, commissioned by infoDev and prepared by a team at GAMOS, reviews the experience of infoDev and others in supporting ICT pilot projects in developing countries, and proposes a framework for assessing the effectiveness of these pilot projects. (infodev.org)
- This publication is designed to contribute to this goal by providing a framework for the monitoring and evaluation of ICT pilot projects. (infodev.org)
- The Oklahoma City Indian Clinic DV Pilot Project will collect baseline data, increase community awareness, implement outreach services, advocate for DV services, and coordinate victim services. (ihs.gov)
- A number of organizations working to implement global agreements on biological diversity, combating desertification, land degradation and climate change announced a pilot partnership designed to promote projects and programs that work across these environmental fields, find links and deliver more effective results. (iucn.org)
- Human resources will also be required to implement the project, and it is recommended that dedicated resources be allocated to manage and support the pilot project. (ndi.org)
- The timeline for the conduct of the pilot project must be realistic given the likely need to procure and test the new electronic voting or counting systems, in addition to the other activities required to implement such projects. (ndi.org)
- likewise, temporary rules or regulations may be passed to implement the pilots at a procedural level. (ndi.org)
- IHAN pilot projects implement experiments promoting a fair data economy. (sitra.fi)
- Are sufficient financial and human resources available to implement the pilot project? (ndi.org)
- For this reason, it was decided that the Air Implementation Pilot would focus on gaining a better understanding of what cities need in order to better implement EU air quality legislation. (europa.eu)
- Construction oversight and coordination was provided throughout the project. (burnsmcd.com)
- Pertinent information and documents regarding the pilots will continue to be posted to this site as they become available, so continue checking for news. (blm.gov)
- The board of the Wounded Warrior Project, one of the largest veteran support organizations in the country, has fired the nonprofit's chief executive officer and the chief operating officer, according to a CBS News report. (pilotonline.com)
- The UManage Center will fund ten pilot research studies over five years. (umass.edu)
- The pilots are an arena for testing and verification of research results and hypotheses, new products, services, functionality and interoperability, in real-life situations. (sintef.no)
- The research and development programmes under the institutions developed by the project now covers wider issues related to the areas all over Karachi. (wikipedia.org)
- However, both projects followed the same research and extension methods. (wikipedia.org)
- The proposed research project should be of one year duration. (brown.edu)
- Provinces also began their own basic and applied health research programs, including the inevitable pilot projects. (cmaj.ca)
- The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) launched a public research consortium named the Encyclopedia of DNA Elements (ENCODE) in September 2003 to carry out a project to identify all functional elements in the human genome sequence. (genome.gov)
- On March 7, 2003, the NHGRI held a meeting to officially launch the ENCODE Pilot Project Research Consortium and to provide information to potential applications for two RFAs being released. (genome.gov)
- Priority is given to pilot proposals that hold great potential for leading to a larger, externally funded research proposal. (uiowa.edu)
- The nine uses of pilot projects within the Research, Managerial and Political-Entrepreneurial categories, depicted on a scale from 0 (absent) to 5 (strongly present) for the INSIDE pilot project. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- Second and third-year students in the JSM Bachelor 'Honours' programme are given the opportunity to carry out a research project of their own, a pilot project . (rug.nl)
- A Pilot project is an uninterrupted period (one to several months) of research conducted within one of the five institutes (GUIDE, BCN, SHARE, CRCG and Kolff Institute) of the UMCG's G raduate School Medical Sciences . (rug.nl)
- The faculty and staff of the Central Appalachian Regional Education and Research Center (CARERC) are pleased to announce five newly funded pilot research projects as of February 2014. (uky.edu)
- In so doing, these projects address strategic aims of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (CDC/NIOSH) and the National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA II). (uky.edu)
- The Central Appalachian Regional Education and Research Center is a joint project of the University of Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky University. (uky.edu)
- The two job postings also expose a difference in the level of technology and research taking place within the two projects. (pcworld.com)
- Organization for the Project began in the Summer of 1997. (earthlink.net)
- The workshop participants resoundingly supported the concept of a pilot project and made a number of recommendations about the project's goals, organization and implementation, which have now been incorporated into NHGRI's plan. (genome.gov)
- Pilot projects are designed to test the feasibility and usefulness of specific activities. (europa.eu)
- This pilot project evaluated the feasibility of integrating MetaPub and its emergency alerting capabilities at stations to provide a road map to broader implementation of the MetaPub application at public radio stations across the country. (cpb.org)
- BEIJING (Reuters) - The southern city of Shenzhen became the first in China to issue electronic IDs to 200,000 vehicles as part of a pilot project that could eventually allow the real-time tracking of all cars, the state-owned company providing the technology said. (reuters.com)
Criteria to be utilized1
- This mandate should include the technology or technologies that are to be piloted, the scale and locations of the pilot to be conducted, the kind of pilot to be conducted (i.e., in an actual election, in parallel to an actual election, or for a mock election), the issues to be addressed in the pilot and the evaluative criteria to be utilized in the pilot. (ndi.org)
- According to a release from CMS, the project is part of the effort to "transform Medicare from a passive payer to an active purchaser of higher quality, more efficient healthcare. (medpagetoday.com)
- 71 backers pledged $6,908 to help bring this project to life. (kickstarter.com)
- The countries and partners participating in this pilot are leading the way scientifically, technically and politically towards the achievement of the objectives of all three Rio Conventions. (iucn.org)
- The project collects and uses data measured by individuals as well as data related to well-being and behaviour with the consent of the pilot project participants. (sitra.fi)
- Participants of the project were randomly selected among residents of the regions aged 18-64. (wikipedia.org)
- An independent, longitudinal evaluation of each pilot project will be conducted to measure the impact of E&T programs and services on the ability of participants to obtain and retain employment. (usda.gov)
- Scalability: Experience and lessons learned from the proposed project can be applied to other national and state public health surveillance programs' efforts to integrate public health information systems with clinical EHR systems and to inform future standards development and system implementation initiatives. (cdc.gov)
- Transparency - The need for transparency cuts across all aspects of the implementation of pilot projects. (ndi.org)
- First, "The Owner's Manual," requires extensive documentation - slides, spreadsheets, etc. - to enumerate the project's value and instruct others on how to embrace it, he said, and "works best when there is no more ambiguity left in the challenge, when the project is ready for implementation by technical teams," he said. (healthcareitnews.com)
- The Air Implementation Pilot was a project undertaken jointly by the EEA and the European Commission. (europa.eu)
- Both projects sought to explore an enhanced role for the EEA in supporting the implementation of the European Union's environment policy. (europa.eu)
- Lessons learned from this pilot are expected to inform future efforts to expand online purchasing in SNAP. (usda.gov)
- The second tragedy is that our provincial and territorial health silos have no horizontal collaborative mechanisms to share lessons learned from pilot projects across jurisdictions. (cmaj.ca)
- The philosophies and lessons learned from this pilot have transformed the parking world - and Nelson\Nygaard is at ground zero in helping to do so. (nelsonnygaard.com)
- Also take a look at our chart , designed in partnership with the Stanford Basic Income Lab, which highlights which places are already piloting UBI. (nlc.org)
- The national pilot was launched by senior officials from New Caledonia, Guatemala and Vietnam at an event held at the Rio Conventions Pavilion during the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, Rio+20, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (iucn.org)
- Invite city officials, Business Improvement District's, and scaffold companies to the pilot project site. (kickstarter.com)
- Saying they support the idea in theory, education officials commented that the Governor's lean $1.4-billion budget--already criticized as being 'inadequate' to meet the needs of the growing student population--provides no new funds to pay for the project. (edweek.org)
- In a letter to the other members of the City Council, Daigle said she believes the Civic Center project is so complex that neither the city's paid staff, its hired construction manager, nor its elected officials can adequately assess the project's budget and execution. (latimes.com)
- In a recent letter to the editor, he said officials are rushing the project unnecessarily. (latimes.com)
- The meeting is intended to inform Manhattan, Riley County and Pottawatomie County residents of the project and gather feedback on how the USACE and the local officials can limit the flood risks along the Big Blue River. (wibw.com)
- While each of the eight participating states had different goals for the project, most officials involved agree that the undertaking was a success. (edweek.org)
- State officials involved in the project say it was a valuable experiment in interstate cooperation. (edweek.org)
- Jamaican and Japanese officials on Monday launched a pilot project designed to investigate whether rare-earth elements can be commercially extracted from the island's bauxite waste. (scoop.it)
- Officials aim to expand the pilot to 80 tests daily at the end of January, and later, double that. (yahoo.com)
- Comparing the OPP with his earlier Comilla project, Akhtar Hameed Khan commented: "The Orangi Pilot Project was very different from the Comilla Academy. (wikipedia.org)
Basic Income Pilot Project1
- The Ontario Basic Income Pilot Project was a pilot project to provide basic income to 4,000 people in Ontario, Canada. (wikipedia.org)
- This pilot project is to support knowledge sharing and policy development to reduce health inequalities in the EU, with a focus on the lifestyle determinants such as alcohol consumption, nutrition and physical activity, particularly in Member States with the greatest needs. (europa.eu)
- The project provides Gathering of Native Americans (GONA) events and Youth GONAs to support cultural identity development and community wide healing. (ihs.gov)
- Project management support and guidance from CADRE's Administrative Core. (brown.edu)
- Support of up to $50,000 per project through CAAS institutional funds. (brown.edu)
- Implementing Agency - The institution that is responsible for implementing the pilot project(s) will need to be clearly defined, as will any support that it can expect from other state institutions. (ndi.org)
- Resources - The conduct of a pilot will require that financial resources are made available, not only for procurement of the technologies to be piloted, but also for other new aspects of the electoral process, such as testing and certification of the technologies, the conduct of voter education and IT support staff. (ndi.org)
- Host a party at the pilot project for one evening for everyone's support! (kickstarter.com)
- Faculty, students and community partners have come together to make this project possible and to provide support and input. (ubalt.edu)
- The signs are part of a pilot project that eventually will support payments over NFC . (informationweek.com)
- You've come up with a use case to tackle, secured executive support, scrounged together a budget, and have made some encouraging headway in advancing the new technology in a pilot setting. (healthcareitnews.com)
- Asia Pacific will need 182,300 new pilots and 247,400 new technicians through 2030 to support the region's airline fleet modernisation and the rapid growth of air travel, Boeing said in a report. (flightglobal.com)
- Technology Specification - The decision-in-principle process should pass on a detailed specification for the procurement of the technology to be used in the pilot project(s). (ndi.org)
- If this is not provided, then the pilot project management body will need to develop it based on the findings of the decision-in-principle process, and then use this specification for the procurement of the pilot technologies. (ndi.org)
- Has a detailed specification for the procurement of the technology been made for use in the pilot projects? (ndi.org)
- Does the EMB provide periodic public updates and consultations related to the development and procurement of the pilot technology? (ndi.org)
- In the pilot projects we test and verify technologies and solutions for the future intelligent electricity distribution system. (sintef.no)
- The 2014 Farm Bill mandated a pilot be conducted to test the possibility of allowing retail food stores to accept SNAP benefits through online transactions. (usda.gov)
- The pilot project must, to the extent possible, test and challenge these assumptions so that a final decision can be made based on as many facts - and as few assumptions - as possible. (ndi.org)
- Does the pilot project test and challenge the assumptions about the operation challenges of implementing electronic voting or counting technologies, the expected benefits or costs, and the way in which voters, election administrators, political parties and observers interact with and experience the new system? (ndi.org)
- The Sustainable Sites Initiative™ (SITES™) has selected pilot projects to test a national rating system for sustainable landscape design, construction and maintenance. (wildflower.org)
- However, MDHHS also recommended pilot projects to test different delivery and financing models, but details on the types of projects were withheld pending requested suggestions and the final report, which is expected to be completed by March 15. (crainsdetroit.com)
- It is unclear from MAHP's statement what exactly the association wanted MDHHS to do differently, other than possibly issue stronger language about plans to use pilot programs to test integration of behavioral and physical health. (crainsdetroit.com)
- As those test projects mature, there's a sea change coming, according to Narayanan, and beginning this year companies are expected to start rolling out production systems. (computerworld.com)
- And, they add, the project demonstrated that states can muster the cooperation needed to reach agreement on test items, administer the test efficiently, and report the results fairly. (edweek.org)
- These pilots will give USDA and States the opportunity to build on existing SNAP E&T programs and test new strategies to determine the most effective ways to help SNAP recipients gain and retain employment that leads to self-sufficiency. (usda.gov)
- The projects also include a strong mix of urban and rural areas, test mandatory and voluntary programs, and target a variety of work registrants, including childless adults, long-term unemployed workers, non-custodial parents and homeless adults. (usda.gov)
- Google is looking for a couple of people with the right stuff: test pilots for its Project Wing drone delivery project and Project Titan airborne Internet service. (pcworld.com)
- For Project Wing, the company is looking for an expert remote-controlled aircraft pilot who "will act as chief test pilot that will help the team execute flight tests on custom UAS platforms. (pcworld.com)
- Project Titan drones operate at altitudes higher than commercial aircraft and aren't bound by the same human-operator rules, but Google needs a flight test pilot for that project too. (pcworld.com)
- This pilot study will form the focus for the establishment of a transnational, interdisciplinary working group in preparation for the development of a broader project which will explore the relationship between conservation landscapes, statecraft, practices of power and relationships between 'waste' and 'wilderness' across Chile and Argentina in the Northern Patagonian region. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Up to five retailers in three states will be selected for this pilot and, once selected, the pilot is slated to begin next summer after the EBT processor completes system development work to allow for online transactions. (usda.gov)
- He had previously organised farmers' cooperatives and rural training centres and had served as an adviser to various development projects in Pakistan. (wikipedia.org)
- Information obtained during this pilot will be used to inform future implementations and standards development. (cdc.gov)
- Are you sure you want to remove Pilot development project, Etawah from your list? (openlibrary.org)
- Her call for a 'development advisor' comes during the election season, when Daigle and the other incumbents up for reelection have found themselves defending the Civic Center, the largest public works project the city has seen in generations. (latimes.com)
- We've worked closely with local alderman and community leaders throughout the development of the pilot, which was designed to best meet the needs and feedback received from the community. (transitchicago.com)
- The concurrent technology development phase of the project aimed to develop new high throughput methods to identify functional elements. (genome.gov)
- Shell spokeswoman Kimberly Windon confirmed the agreement, adding that the definite terms would be agreed within 60 days and that the project would continue as a full-field development if the pilot is successful. (reuters.com)
- It provides guidance not only on how to design effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E) components of ICT pilot projects, but also on how to go "beyond" traditional M&E to develop more forward-looking evidence of the potential broader impact of such pilot projects if taken to a larger scale. (infodev.org)
- There is a reason that governments are leery about granting core funding to sustain programs that begin as pilots: their need for financial control. (cmaj.ca)
- A mixed methods evaluation was conducted by SEEC, in order to describe STEM integration and practices over the course of the project and ways in which Sites will sustain their new initiatives. (terc.edu)
- The Orangi Pilot Project Society, to control funding for the other three groups. (wikipedia.org)
- All of these funding streams have launched thousands of pilot projects across the country - projects that usually die when their initial funding runs out, regardless of their merit. (cmaj.ca)
- Although some of these funding concerns are legitimate, a sound pilot project with good outcomes should not disappear once completed. (cmaj.ca)
- This project only proves that through continued partnership and increased funding, we can end malaria in the Americas, and worldwide, for good. (prweb.com)
- Those in charge of funding the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel expansion are alarmed that the timing of state funding could jeopardize the timeline of the new tunnel project. (pilotonline.com)
- The Ministry of Agriculture, Nature Management and Fisheries is funding this project with more than €2 million over the four-year period. (wur.nl)
- Large-scale construction projects require a determined focus on schedule and budgets, or the owner - in our case, the city and our taxpayers - can be taken to the cleaners,' she wrote in the letter that was e-mailed to the Daily Pilot. (latimes.com)
Aims to create2
- Progress by the pilot project will be reported on at the eleventh meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the CBD to be held in October 2012, Hyderabad, India. (iucn.org)
- The board launched the project in December 1983, Mr. Musick said, in response to a call from its chairman, then-Gov. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, for 'the South to be the leader in measuring educational progress. (edweek.org)
- The Roseburg District, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has begun an environmental assessment (EA) for the Roseburg District Secretarial Demonstration Pilot Project. (blm.gov)
- Pilot projects are an essential assessment tool for evaluating the possible use of new technologies. (ndi.org)
- 4. After completion of the project, a report of the work done ( Pilot project Final report ), accompanied by a brief assessment by the supervisor, must be sent to the JSM Staff office not later than one year after approval . (rug.nl)
- Application materials are accepted on a rolling basis Applicants are highly encouraged to contact the CADRE team ( [email protected] ) to discuss their project before submitting a proposal. (brown.edu)
- The superintendent said he supported the concept on a small and controlled pilot basis, but added that the Governor's proposal was less cautious than he would have liked. (edweek.org)
Designed to investigate1
- The Videoconferencing Pilot Project is a study designed to investigate what are the best ways to use videoconferencing and other video transmission technologies within a computer user group environment. (earthlink.net)
- The conduct and evaluation of a pilot project on the use of electronic voting or counting technology is a complex task. (ndi.org)
- If the student feels the need for a brief evaluation meeting or the JSM Programme Group deems this necessary, such a meeting will be part of the conclusion of the Pilot project. (rug.nl)
- Interim results of the evaluation will be reported every 12 months until the projects are complete. (usda.gov)
- In February 2012, the BLM released a report regarding the Drs. Johnson and Franklin's observations about the Forestry Pilot Projects. (blm.gov)
- It's a small step for a pilot but a giant leap for in-flight weather awareness when someone shares a pilot report-and many pilots say they might do so during high-workload flights if there were a hands-free or speech-based technology at their disposal. (aopa.org)
- But at the end of the day, the report offers few real solutions and has so far missed an important opportunity to encourage pilot programs that we believe will demonstrate that MAHP members can deliver improved services to one of the most vulnerable groups in our society. (crainsdetroit.com)
- However, MDHHS's interim report specifically asks organizations involved in mental health care to submit suggested pilot models for integration of physical and behavioral health systems. (crainsdetroit.com)
- The salary and the compensation for the department will be payed after the final report for the Pilot project has been accepted. (rug.nl)
- The same report said Southeast Asia will require 47,100 pilots and 60,600 technicians. (flightglobal.com)
- The report added that China has the greatest need for new pilots and technicians. (flightglobal.com)
- In addition, the report estimated the pilot training industry will need a minimum of 1,200 new pilot instructors every year over the next 20 years. (flightglobal.com)
- Boards of scientific experts provide robust guidelines for projects and validate their tools, including websites. (europa.eu)
- Pilot projects contribute to system innovations and ensure standardised and cost-effective solutions for the future distribution grid. (sintef.no)
- The Grand'Anse project consists of a package of interventions to eliminate malaria sub-nationally by strengthening Haiti's existing system of health care services. (prweb.com)
- In a joint pilot project, the Finnish Olympic Committee, Polar and Tieto are testing a new system for gathering and analyzing the performance data of athletes. (sitra.fi)
- The Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History & Culture, New Orleans' Lower Ninth Ward Sustainable Infrastructure Project and the Indianapolis Super Bowl Village join more than 150 others that include educational centers, transportation corridors, industrial complexes and private residences in employing cutting-edge guidelines and performance benchmarks outlined in the SITES Rating System. (wildflower.org)
- SITES will receive feedback from the pilot projects until June 2012 to revise the final rating system and reference guide for release in 2013. (wildflower.org)
- HP piloted the scoring system in 2011 aimed at lowering attrition through a better understanding of which workers were most likely to leave, according to Predictive Analytics: The Power To Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie Or Die by Eric Siegel. (wsj.com)
- In this pilot project, NPR Distribution/Public Radio Satellite System (PRSS) helped six California public radio stations to activate local metadata display in state and regional programming to enable the presentation of emergency alert and other information on mobile devices and other digital platforms. (cpb.org)
- This project supports ongoing efforts towards advancing the capability of state-based public health programs to exchange electronic data with health care partners for improved availability, quality, and timeliness of surveillance data. (cdc.gov)
- The proposed strategies and activities in this project are designed to build on national efforts to standardize health care information and to foster awareness, partnerships, and collaboration between health care data sharing partners and public health agencies at the local, state, and national levels in developing Health Information Technology (HIT) standards for exchange with clinical EHR systems. (cdc.gov)
- Together, they are creating a pilot solution for the collection, management and distribution of top athletes' personal data. (sitra.fi)
- The data platform created in the project offers a secure place for collecting data about factors that influence the performance of conscripts. (sitra.fi)
- The project trials a new kind of consent management solution (BB Consent) that allows reliably transmitting identity-related data to diverse service providers. (sitra.fi)
- During the pilot, we'll be collecting ridership data and feedback solicited from riders and the surrounding community to help analyze the effectiveness of the service being tested. (transitchicago.com)
- Each year, there are deadlines ( 1 February, 15 May and 1 November, check de homepage for exact data ) for submitting applications for Pilot projects. (rug.nl)
- While the delivery drone project is open to anyone, the Titan project job ad hints at requiring a government security clearance "to access the technical and defense data necessary for this job" and is restricted to U.S. citizens or permanent residents. (pcworld.com)
- is continuing its digital offensive and is presenting three exciting projects on Startup Autobahn, Europe's largest innovation platform. (porsche.com)
- Even the most exciting innovation project won't count for much if it's only used by a handful of hospital staff. (healthcareitnews.com)
- In a recent article in Harvard Business Review , "How to Hand Off an Innovation Project from One Team to Another," Joe Brown, a portfolio director at IDEO, laid out the stakes: "If innovation projects are going to succeed, they'll need to survive a handoff from an innovation team to an execution team," he said. (healthcareitnews.com)
- Based on the success of the initial four pilot projects, Loblaw will evaluate the next phase of roll outs. (environmentalleader.com)
- The ENCODE Pilot Project process involved close interactions between computational and experimental scientists to evaluate a number of methods for annotating the human genome. (genome.gov)
- Dr. Marttos oversees a $100,000 pilot project funded by the state of Florida to connect emergency personnel and clinicians in Key West, the southernmost city in the continental United States, with physicians such as himself at Ryder Trauma Center. (medscape.com)
- Is the process of procuring the pilot technology open and impartial to all vendors? (ndi.org)
- The ENCODE Pilot Project Consortium was open to all academic, government and private sector scientists interested in participating in an open process to facilitate the comprehensive interpretation of the human genome sequence and who agreed to the criteria for participation for the project. (genome.gov)
- Vanessa Baird Streeter, spokeswoman for County Executive Steve Bellone, said the pilot got underway Tuesday and will run until April 15 to determine whether RDX's process works. (newsday.com)
- The Fresno American Indian Health Project MSPI project focuses on sustaining methamphetamine and suicide prevention services in the Fresno community, providing access to behavioral health services, and implementing social media campaigns to increase methamphetamine and suicide prevention awareness. (ihs.gov)
- The project also provides suicide awareness information at community events and through social media. (ihs.gov)
- Pilots who would like to brush up on their pirep awareness-before or after participating in the Purdue study-or who feel uneasy filing a pirep can take AOPA's Pireps Made Easy online course. (aopa.org)
- Candidates should have "extensive experience in flying prototype air vehicles" including unmanned and electric aircraft, and could end up in one of several roles including air vehicle operator, external pilot, observer and chase pilot, the job posting says . (pcworld.com)
- Such a registry might include short project descriptions, evaluations and contact information, stored at an open-access site. (cmaj.ca)
- The project will include the elements of active management proposed by the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) for the recovery of the Northern Spotted Owl. (blm.gov)
- In addition, Oregon's resources include a partner hospital it has previously worked with on interoperability projects. (cdc.gov)
- In other pilot developments, former Cybill regular Alicia Witt will play a lead clerk in the Supreme Court in The Bench , an ABC drama that may include Sally Field in the pilot. (broadcastingcable.com)
- The students featured in this video include some of those at UB who participated in the working group that came up with the plans for the navigator project, and also some of those who have signed up to serve as the first navigators. (ubalt.edu)
- In 34 states along with Canada, Iceland and Spain, the pilot projects include corporate headquarters, botanic gardens, streetscapes, federal buildings and public parks that vary in scope from several thousand dollar budgets on less than one acre to multimillion dollar efforts affecting hundreds of acres. (wildflower.org)
- On Saturday, volunteers with the Tidewater Queer History Project recorded people's stories as part of an ongoing effort to document and preserve local LGBTQ history. (pilotonline.com)
- These projects will serve as pilot demonstrations of streamlined federal permitting and increased cooperation at the federal, state, and tribal levels. (energy.gov)
- Interested farmers can follow the experiences of the six participating colleagues on the website www.proeftuinprecisielandbouw.nl and they can also attend demonstrations and meetings at the pilot farms. (wur.nl)
- Project United Voice will offer victim advocacy services, starting a sexual abuse response team, and implementing victim-centered service. (ihs.gov)
- Project United Action will improve advocacy services and prevention education for women and children at risk of DV and SA. (ihs.gov)
- Project Holitopa will improve access to sexual assault exams and victim advocacy services for domestic violence and sexual assault victims. (ihs.gov)
- As part of the company's effort to reduce its carbon footprint through the use of renewable energy, Loblaw has launched a rooftop solar pilot project at four stores in Ontario -Ajax, Orleans, Toronto and Whitby. (environmentalleader.com)
- If a project does become integrated into a provincial health budget, that initiative usually stalls at the border, no matter how strong the evidence of its success. (cmaj.ca)
- KINGSTON - Local entrepreneurs can look forward to additional resources, as Kingston has been chosen as a pilot community for a new national startup initiative. (queensu.ca)
- This timely pilot project is inspired by a recent student leadership initiative at nearby Hardin-Jefferson High School that sought to identify local water-quality issues and potential community actions that could address them. (prnewswire.com)
- The project will be carried out jointly by FAO and the Ministry of Agriculture. (fao.org)
- The project could pave the way for autonomous driving, which requires vehicles to communicate with each other and traffic infrastructure in real-time, but also raises concerns over invasive government measures amid efforts to register every Internet user's real name. (reuters.com)