A parasitic hemoflagellate of the subgenus Leishmania leishmania that infects man and animals and causes visceral leishmaniasis (LEISHMANIASIS, VISCERAL). Human infections are confined almost entirely to children. This parasite is commonly seen in dogs, other Canidae, and porcupines with humans considered only an accidental host. Transmission is by Phlebotomus sandflies.
A chronic disease caused by LEISHMANIA DONOVANI and transmitted by the bite of several sandflies of the genera Phlebotomus and Lutzomyia. It is commonly characterized by fever, chills, vomiting, anemia, hepatosplenomegaly, leukopenia, hypergammaglobulinemia, emaciation, and an earth-gray color of the skin. The disease is classified into three main types according to geographic distribution: Indian, Mediterranean (or infantile), and African.
An endemic disease that is characterized by the development of single or multiple localized lesions on exposed areas of skin that typically ulcerate. The disease has been divided into Old and New World forms. Old World leishmaniasis is separated into three distinct types according to epidemiology and clinical manifestations and is caused by species of the L. tropica and L. aethiopica complexes as well as by species of the L. major genus. New World leishmaniasis, also called American leishmaniasis, occurs in South and Central America and is caused by species of the L. mexicana or L. braziliensis complexes.
Sandfly fever Naples virus
A disease caused by any of a number of species of protozoa in the genus LEISHMANIA. There are four major clinical types of this infection: cutaneous (Old and New World) (LEISHMANIASIS, CUTANEOUS), diffuse cutaneous (LEISHMANIASIS, DIFFUSE CUTANEOUS), mucocutaneous (LEISHMANIASIS, MUCOCUTANEOUS), and visceral (LEISHMANIASIS, VISCERAL).
Salivary Proteins and Peptides
A polychlorinated pesticide that is resistant to destruction by light and oxidation. Its unusual stability has resulted in difficulties in residue removal from water, soil, and foodstuffs. This substance may reasonably be anticipated to be a carcinogen: Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP-85-002, 1985). (From Merck Index, 11th ed)
A genus of flagellate protozoa comprising several species that are pathogenic for humans. Organisms of this genus have an amastigote and a promastigote stage in their life cycles. As a result of enzymatic studies this single genus has been divided into two subgenera: Leishmania leishmania and Leishmania viannia. Species within the Leishmania leishmania subgenus include: L. aethiopica, L. arabica, L. donovani, L. enrietti, L. gerbilli, L. hertigi, L. infantum, L. major, L. mexicana, and L. tropica. The following species are those that compose the Leishmania viannia subgenus: L. braziliensis, L. guyanensis, L. lainsoni, L. naiffi, and L. shawi.
The constant presence of diseases or infectious agents within a given geographic area or population group. It may also refer to the usual prevalence of a given disease with such area or group. It includes holoendemic and hyperendemic diseases. A holoendemic disease is one for which a high prevalent level of infection begins early in life and affects most of the child population, leading to a state of equilibrium such that the adult population shows evidence of the disease much less commonly than do children (malaria in many communities is a holoendemic disease). A hyperendemic disease is one that is constantly present at a high incidence and/or prevalence rate and affects all groups equally. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 3d ed, p53, 78, 80)
Arthropod-borne viruses. A non-taxonomic designation for viruses that can replicate in both vertebrate hosts and arthropod vectors. Included are some members of the following families: ARENAVIRIDAE; BUNYAVIRIDAE; REOVIRIDAE; TOGAVIRIDAE; and FLAVIVIRIDAE. (From Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, 2nd ed)
The class Insecta, in the phylum ARTHROPODA, whose members are characterized by division into three parts: head, thorax, and abdomen. They are the dominant group of animals on earth; several hundred thousand different kinds having been described. Three orders, HEMIPTERA; DIPTERA; and SIPHONAPTERA; are of medical interest in that they cause disease in humans and animals. (From Borror et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p1)
Receptor, Cannabinoid, CB1
Dictionaries as Topic
Detection of Toscana virus-specific immunoglobulins G and M by an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay based on recombinant viral nucleoprotein. (1/39)An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) based on the recombinant Toscana virus nucleoprotein (rN) has been developed. Its sensitivity and specificity for the detection of virus-specific immunoglobulins G and M in human sera were similar to those of the ELISA that is based on an antigen extracted from infected mouse brain and that is routinely used for serodiagnosis. (+info)
Seroprevalence of West Nile, Rift Valley, and sandfly arboviruses in Hashimiah, Jordan. (2/39)We conducted a serosurvey among patients of a health center in Hashimiah, a Jordanian town of 30,000 inhabitants located near a wastewater treatment plant and its effluent channel. Serum samples from 261 patients >/=5 years of age were assessed for immunoglobulin G (IgG) and IgM antibodies against West Nile, sandfly Sicilian, sandfly Naples, and Rift Valley viruses; the seroprevalence of IgG antibodies was 8%, 47%, 30%, and 0%, respectively. Female participants were more likely to have been infected than male. Persons living within 2 km of the treatment plant were more likely to have been infected with West Nile (p=0.016) and sandfly Sicilian (p=0.010) viruses. Raising domestic animals within the house was a risk factor for sandfly Sicilian (p=0.003) but not for sandfly Naples virus (p=0.148). All serum samples were negative for IgM antibodies against the tested viruses. Our study is the first documentation of West Nile and sandfly viruses in Jordan and calls attention to the possible health hazards of living close to wastewater treatment plants and their effluent channels. (+info)
Encephalitis without meningitis due to sandfly fever virus serotype toscana. (3/39)The role of Toscana (TOS) virus in producing encephalitis without meningitis is uncertain. We studied 2 cases of TOS virus encephalitis without meningitis by means of nested polymerase chain reaction assay and DNA sequencing. Findings confirm that TOS virus may directly cause encephalitis and suggest the usefulness of DNA sequencing in investigating relationships between TOS virus molecular patterns and the spectrum of neurological involvement. (+info)
Phylogenetic relationships among members of the genus Phlebovirus (Bunyaviridae) based on partial M segment sequence analyses. (4/39)Viruses in the Phlebovirus genus of the family Bunyaviridae cause clinical syndromes ranging from a short, self-limiting febrile illness to fatal haemorrhagic fever. The genus currently consists of 68 antigenically distinct virus serotypes, most of which have not been genetically characterized. RT-PCR with four 'cocktail' primers was performed to amplify a region of the M segment of the genome of 24 phleboviruses included in the sandfly fever Naples, sandfly fever Sicilian and Punta Toro serocomplexes. Partial M segment sequences were successfully obtained and phylogenetic analysis was performed. The three resultant genotypic lineages were consistent with serological data. The sequence divergences were 27.6 % (nucleotide) and 25.7 % (amino acid) within the Sicilian serocomplex, 33.7 % (nucleotide) and 34.4 % (amino acid) within the Naples serocomplex and 35.6 % (nucleotide) and 37.5 % (amino acid) within the Punta Toro serocomplex. Overall, the diversities among viruses of Sicilian, Naples and Punta Toro serocomplexes were 48.2 % and 57.6 % at the nucleotide and amino acid levels, respectively. This high genetic divergence may explain the difficulties in designing a consensus primer pair for the amplification of all the phleboviruses using RT-PCR. It also suggests that infection with one genotype may not completely immunize against infection with all other genotypes in a given serocomplex. These findings have implications for potential vaccine development and may help explain clinical reports of multiple episodes of sandfly fever in the same individual. (+info)
Serological survey of Toscana virus infections in a high-risk population in Italy. (5/39)Toscana virus is the most important agent responsible for meningitis in central Italy. We report a serosurveillance study, using an immunoenzymatic assay, of 360 serum samples harvested from a high-risk population occupationally exposed to Toscana virus in two regions of Italy, Tuscany and Piedmont. The results indicates a seroprevalence of Toscana virus of 77.2% in the forestry workers, particularly in the Tuscany region. This fact is strictly correlated with the ecological niches specific for the survival of Toscana virus arthropod vector. (+info)
Unusual presentation of life-threatening Toscana virus meningoencephalitis. (6/39)This case report describes a brother and a sister with severe meningoencephalitis caused by Toscana virus (TOSv). The clinical presentation was characterized by stiff neck, deep coma, maculopapular rash, diffuse lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, renal involvement, tendency to bleeding, and diffuse intravascular coagulation. The boy had epididymo-orchitis. Recovery with neurologic sequelae as hydrocephalus was observed. Microbiological diagnosis was obtained by serological tests and reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. Sequencing of polymerase chain reaction products from the S and M segments was carried out. TOSv may be a causative agent in severe meningoencephalitis. (+info)
Emergence of Toscana virus in Europe. (7/39)Toscana virus (TOSV) is an arthropod-borne virus first identified in 1971 from the sandfly Phlebotomus perniciosus in central Italy. Many case reports in travelers and clinical research and epidemiologic studies conducted around the Mediterranean region have shown that TOSV has a tropism for the central nervous system (CNS) and is a major cause of meningitis and encephalitis in countries in which it circulates. In central Italy, TOSV is the most frequent cause of meningitis from May to October, far exceeding enteroviruses. In other northern Mediterranean countries, TOSV is among the 3 most prevalent viruses associated with meningitis during the warm seasons. Therefore, TOSV must be considered an emerging pathogen. Here, we review the epidemiology of TOSV in Europe and determine questions that should be addressed in future studies. Despite increasing evidence of its major role in medicine as an emerging cause of CNS infections, TOSV remains an unstudied pathogen, and few physicians are aware of its potential to cause CNS infections. (+info)
Toscana virus in Spain. (8/39)Toscana virus (TOSV, Phlebovirus, family Bunyaviridae) infection is one of the most prevalent arboviruses in Spain. Within the objectives of a multidisciplinary network, a study on the epidemiology of TOSV was conducted in Granada, in southern Spain. The overall seroprevalence rate was 24.9%, significantly increasing with age. TOSV was detected in 3 of 103 sandfly pools by viral culture or reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction from a region of the L gene. Nucleotide sequence homology was 99%-100% in TOSV from vectors and patients and 80%-81% compared to the Italian strain ISS Phl.3. Sequencing of the N gene of TOSV isolates from patients and vectors indicated 87%-88% and 100% homology at the nucleotide and amino acid levels, respectively, compared to the Italian strain. These findings demonstrate the circulation of at least 2 different lineages of TOSV in the Mediterranean basin, the Italian lineage and the Spanish lineage. (+info)
The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene | Antigenic Relationships among Phlebotomus Fever Group Arboviruses and...
Abstract The antigenic relationships of 21 known or presumed Phlebotomus fever group serotypes and of 2 ungrouped, solvent sensitive, sandfly-associated arboviruses (Pacui and Charleville) were studied by complement fixation, plaque neutralization, and hemagglutination-inhibition methods. Results of complement fixation and neutralization tests were specific, allowing clear separation of the various serotypes, while those of the hemagglutination-inhibition test showed broader crossing and lack of specificity. Pacui virus was shown to be a member of the Phlebotomus fever serogroup. Six new Phlebotomus fever group serotypes are also described, increasing the known members of the group to 22. The implications of these and other recent data about the epidemiology of sandfly fever are discussed.
A duplex recombinant viral nucleoprotein microbead immunoassay for simultaneous detection of seroresponses to human respiratory...
Sigma-Aldrich offers abstracts and full-text articles by [Yange Zhang, W Abdullah Brooks, Doli Goswami, Mustafizur Rahman, Stephen P Luby, Dean D Erdman].
Man charged with causing death by dangerous driving after dad-to-be is killed crossing the road | Granada - ITV News
Read the latest Granada stories, Man charged with causing death by dangerous driving after dad-to-be is killed crossing the road on ITV News, videos, stories and all the latest Granada news
Assisted dying bill to be heard in Parliament | Granada - ITV...
Read the latest Granada stories, Assisted dying bill to be heard in Parliament on ITV News, videos, stories and all the latest Granada news
Bear Tranquilized Near Granada Hills Country Club | KTLA
GRANADA HILLS, Calif. (KTLA) -- A bear caused a scare near a country club in Granada Hills on Monday before the animal was eventually tranquilized. The sighting was reported shortly before 1 p.m. in the 12200 block of Catenia Drive, police said.
FAQs | Parisa Ezzati, DDS | Granada Hills, CA
Frequently asked questions about our dental practice in Granada Hills, CA. Please feel free to call our friendly staff with additional questions.
past medical history sample
Empresa de reformas en Granada, empresa de reformas integrales, generales, parciales, etc. en Granada. Reformas de viviendas, locales, tiendas, comercios, cocinas, baños, etc. en Granada. Presupuestos para reformar viviendas, empresas, locales, comercios, cambio de bañera por plato de ducha, etc. en Granada.
Hotel Plaza Colon | Travelzoo
Hotel Plaza Colon is rated 5 stars from TripAdvisor users and occupies an ideal spot within Granadas historic center, steps from the citys most prized...
NEWS - Page 4869 - BIOENGINEER.ORG
This important scientific breakthrough, developed by the University of Granada, will aid the immediate use of artificially-grown skin for major... ...
Viruses | Free Full-Text | Bovine Lactoferrin Inhibits Toscana Virus Infection by Binding to Heparan Sulphate
Toscana virus is an emerging sandfly-borne bunyavirus in Mediterranean Europe responsible for neurological diseases in humans. It accounts for about 80% of paediatric meningitis cases during the summer. Despite the important impact of Toscana virus infection-associated disease on human health, currently approved vaccines or effective antiviral treatments are not available. In this research, we have analyzed the effect of bovine lactoferrin, a bi-globular iron-binding glycoprotein with potent antimicrobial and immunomodulatory activities, on Toscana virus infection in vitro. Our results showed that lactoferrin was capable of inhibiting Toscana virus replication in a dose-dependent manner. Results obtained when lactoferrin was added to the cells during different phases of viral infection showed that lactoferrin was able to prevent viral replication when added during the viral adsorption step or during the entire cycle of virus infection, demonstrating that its action takes place in an early phase of
The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene | INDUCTION OF SEVERE DISEASE IN HAMSTERS BY TWO SANDFLY FEVER GROUP...
Adult golden hamsters inoculated subcutaneously with either of two sandfly fever group viruses, Punta Toro and Gabek Forest (Phlebovirus, Bunyaviridae), developed a fulminating fatal illness characterized by hepatic and splenic necrosis and interstitial pneumonitis. Most animals died within three days after infection; this was accompanied by high levels of viremia. Necropsy and histopathologic examination of the infected animals revealed pathologic changes involving multiple organs that resembled those described in Rift Valley fever. These two hamster-phlebovirus systems may serve as alternative animal models for Rift Valley fever and should be useful in studying the pathogenesis of severe phlebovirus infection and for testing potential therapeutic agents.
Welcome to CDC stacks | Emergence of Toscana Virus in Europe - 16012 | Emerging Infectious Diseases
Toscana virus (TOSV) is an arthropod-borne virus first identified in 1971 from the sandfly Phlebotomus perniciosus in central Italy. Many case reports in travelers and clinical research and epidemiologic studies conducted around the Mediterranean region have shown that TOSV has a tropism for the central nervous system (CNS) and is a major cause of meningitis and encephalitis in countries in which it circulates. In central Italy, TOSV is the most frequent cause of meningitis from May to October, far exceeding enteroviruses. In other northern Mediterranean countries, TOSV is among the 3 most prevalent viruses associated with meningitis during the warm seasons. Therefore, TOSV must be considered an emerging pathogen. Here, we review the epidemiology of TOSV in Europe and determine questions that should be addressed in future studies. Despite increasing evidence of its major role in medicine as an emerging cause of CNS infections, TOSV remains an unstudied pathogen, and few physicians are aware of ...
Toscana Virus in Spain - Volume 11, Number 11-November 2005 - Emerging Infectious Disease journal - CDC
Toscana virus (TOSV, Phlebovirus, family Bunyaviridae) infection is one of the most prevalent arboviruses in Spain. Within the objectives of a multidisciplinary network, a study on the epidemiology of TOSV was conducted in Granada, in southern Spain. The overall seroprevalence rate was 24.9%, significantly increasing with age. TOSV was detected in 3 of 103 sandfly pools by viral culture or reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction from a region of the L gene. Nucleotide sequence homology was 99%-100% in TOSV from vectors and patients and 80%-81% compared to the Italian strain ISS Phl.3. Sequencing of the N gene of TOSV isolates from patients and vectors indicated 87%-88% and 100% homology at the nucleotide and amino acid levels, respectively, compared to the Italian strain. These findings demonstrate the circulation of at least 2 different lineages of TOSV in the Mediterranean basin, the Italian lineage and the Spanish lineage.
Naples yellow - definition of Naples yellow by The Free Dictionary
Define Naples yellow. Naples yellow synonyms, Naples yellow pronunciation, Naples yellow translation, English dictionary definition of Naples yellow. n 1. a yellow pigment, used by artists; lead antimonate 2. a similar pigment consisting of a mixture of zinc oxide with yellow colouring matter 3.
Terra di Toscana :: Herbs and flowers - Hop
Discover Tuscany with Terra di Toscana your guide to an undisclosed Tuscany - Scopri la Toscana con Terra di Toscana la tua guida alla Toscana da scoprire
La Controra Hostel Naples, Naples, Italy: Book Now!
Search the cheapest beds available at the La Controra Hostel Naples in Naples, Italy. Book La Controra Hostel Naples and all Naples hostels with no booking fees at hostelbookers.
Cardiologist Naples FL - cardiologist, Naples FL heart doctor, Naples FL Pediatric Cardiologists, Naples FL doctor
Local resource for Cardiologist in Naples. Find addresses and phone numbers of business and services that provide access to Cardiologist in Naples, FL.
Elijah Beauplan | CSN, Naples, FL | MaxPreps
Elijah Beauplans high school sports timeline. MaxPreps has events and updates about Elijah Beauplan while he was playing football at Community School of Naples , Community School of Naples , Community School of Naples and Community School of Naples dating as far back as 2014.
Voices against crime in Naples A new pilot project on victims
Naples, 11 February 2014. The new pilot initiative Voices against crime will be launched in Naples on 11 February 2014. The initiative is developed by the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) in cooperation with the Municipality of Naples, the participation of the media partners Il Mattino and Fanpage, and the involvement of NGOs.. The initiative aims to give a voice to the victims through the collection of their stories and to make the sharing of their experiences the starting point for the implementation of an awareness campaign to promote future interventions on prevention, development and assistance.. Gino Sorbillo and the Olympic medalist Clemente Russo are the outstanding testimonials of the project. UNICRI has entrusted them with the message of the projects information campaign, aimed at reaching out to citizens.. The initiative will be launched by the Mayor of Naples Luigi de Magistris, the Director of UNICRI Jonathan Lucas, during a meeting to be ...
Coronary Artery Disease Treatment in Naples - Naples, FL
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is caused by the arteries that supply the heart with blood becoming clogged with plaque. While CAD can lead to heart attack and stroke, many risk factors for this illness can be changed. Healthcare professionals who specialize in CAD practice in Naples - Naples, FL.
Brookdale Naples - Naples, FL
Learn more about Brookdale Naples and other senior living providers around Naples, FL. See reviews, prices, photos, services, amenities and more...
Trulucks Seafood, Steak and Crab - Naples Restaurant - Naples, FL | OpenTable
Book now at Trulucks Seafood, Steak and Crab - Naples in Naples, explore menu, see photos and read 2578 reviews: What an amazing place to dine in. Complimentary valet parking starts you off. The entrance is a little loud as you enter you are greeted by the bar. On...
Naples Town Hall Speaker Series offers a Chance to Meet Tim Tebow
NAPLES, Fla., Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Naples Town Hall Speaker Series offers a Chance to Meet Tim Tebow. At Naples Town Hall Distinguished Speaker...
Visit Naples, Italy | Naples travel - Try Somewhere New
Find out all you need to know before you visit Naples. Weve put together the latest guides, tips and reviews for travelling to Naples.
Naples Physical Therapy - Naples, ME (Maine) - (207) 693-4202, 2076934202 | 411
Naples Physical Therapy at RR 302 in Naples, ME. Read about, contact, get directions and find other Physical Therapy. Tel: (207) 693-4202, 2076934202
Castel Nuovo in Naples | Times of India Travel
Castel Nuovo Naples. What we see today is mostly the construction in the 15th century by Aragon king Alfonso V and later renovations. The castle was downgraded to a military fortress when Naples was annexed by Spain at the end of the 15th century. However in 1734, King of Naples moved back, thus res
Naples Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19) Therapist - Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19) Therapist Naples, Collier County,...
Find Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19) Therapists, Psychologists and Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19) Counseling in Naples, Collier County, Florida, get help for Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19) in Naples.
Breeding Biology of Squacco Herons (Ardeola ralloides) in Northern Tunisia | North African Birds
Nefla, A., Tlili, W., Ouni, R. & Nouira, S. 2014. Breeding Biology of Squacco Herons (Ardeola ralloides) in Northern Tunisia. Wilson Journal of Ornithology 126 (2): 393-401. doi:10.1676/13-130.1 Abstract: We studied the reproduction patterns of Squacco Herons, Ardeola ralloides, during 2009-2010. This study was carried out in two colonies located at Ichkeul National Park (37.184992 N,…
Shop Tuscan raw hams at Salumeria Toscana | Salumeria Toscana
Shop90,cinghiale,cinta seneseand moreTuscan raw hams at Salumeria Toscana : Tuscan Product, Local Production, Tuscan Quality Excellence and tradition, in a collection of
Précis dÉpidemiologie et Prophylaxie des Grandes Endémics Tropicales. | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of...
The author has presented in a clear and concise manner epidemiologic aspects of certain diseases which are encountered in tropical regions. While it is not the main aim of this book to describe clinical features or diagnostic methods, its usefulness to the colonial physician is markedly limited by the absence of this type of information. The reader is somewhat confused by the selection of subject material as, on the one hand, there are entire chapters devoted to tuberculosis, pneumococcal and meningococcal infections not ordinarily thought of as tropical maladies while, on the other, such entities as yaws, dengue, sandfly fever ...
Physical Therapist Naples, FL: Page 2
Find a Physical Therapist in Naples, FL. Physical Therapy reviews, phone number, address and map. Find the best Physical Therapist in Naples, FL
Telefloras Autumn Expression in Naples FL - Genes 5th Ave Florist
Order Telefloras Autumn Expression Autumn Expressions from Genes 5th Ave Florist, your local Naples florist. For fresh and fast flower delivery throughout Naples, FL area.
Adam Naples, PhD, is Associate Research Scientist in the Child Study Center at the Yale School of Medicine. As a researcher at Yale he has co-authored papers on autism, reading disability and genetics and developed novel experimental methods for studying brain activity during live and simulated social interactions. Dr. Naples received his A.B from Cornell University, his Ph.D. in psychology from Yale University, and post-doctoral training at the Yale Child Study Center. He has also been active in the mentoring and training of graduate and undergraduate students and post-doctoral fellows. His primary research interests are understanding the neural and cognitive mechanisms that lead to variability in developmental disorders ...
PhysioNetics: Physical Therapists: Naples, FL
Trusted Physical Therapists serving Naples, FL. Contact us at 239-593-4348 or visit us at 1575 Pine Ridge Road, Suite 15, Naples, FL 34109: PhysioNetics
Periodontist, Dr. Timothy Davis Celebrates 25 Years in Practice in Naples, FL
Naples, FL (PRWEB) June 23, 2015 -- Dr. Timothy Davis is celebrating his 25th anniversary of practicing as a periodontist in Naples, FL. In addition to
5 Best Concrete Driveway & Floor Installers - Naples FL | Costs & Reviews
Hire the Best Concrete Driveway and Floor Contractors in Naples, FL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 5 Top Naples Concrete Driveways and Floors - Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
Naples Manor Homes in Silver Spring, Colesville, Maryla
In 1951, Carmon Robert Naples MD (a Doctor practicing in Silver Spring)and his wife Eleanor E Naples purchased a 237 acre farm with a circa 1860s farm hou
Thyroid Testing Naples, FL | Thyroid Panel: TSH, T3, T4, T7
Order your own thyroid function lab work in Naples, Florida. Test for hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. We have labs in Naples. You can order online or call (239) 785-1457.
Pap Smear Specialist - Naples, FL: Rafael C. Haciski, MD, FACOG: Gynecologist: Advanced Gynecology
Trusted Pap Smear Specialist serving Naples, FL. Contact us at 239-221-6492 or visit us at 400 8th St N, Second Floor, Naples, FL 34102: Advanced Gynecology
La sopravvivenza delle imprese negli anni della crisi: prime evidenze empiriche dalla Toscana
ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE - La sopravvivenza delle imprese negli anni della crisi: prime evidenze empiriche dalla Toscana ( The economic crisis of the late 2000s has led many manufacturing companies to abandon the market as a result of poor performance or financial difficulties. The purpose of this study is to analyze the static and dynamic factors that play a role in prompting a company to exit the market. The assessment calls for applying survival analysis techniques to an Italian regional case study (Tuscany) to identify specific profiles among the firms observed both before and during the early years of the crisis. Our findings show that the
Hotel Granada - Prices & Reviews (Nicaragua) - TripAdvisor
Book Hotel Granada, Granada on TripAdvisor: See 214 traveler reviews, 279 candid photos, and great deals for Hotel Granada, ranked #23 of 45 hotels in Granada and rated 4 of 5 at TripAdvisor.
Ranking and Thematic mapof BIRTH RATE Region TOSCANA per Provincia
Ranking and Thematic mapof BIRTH RATE in Provinces of Region of TOSCANA - Thematic maps, news, comparisons and rankings for municipalities, provinces and the regions based on 20 socio-demographic indicators
La Casina Toscana, near center,independent ... - VRBO
La Casina Toscana, near center,independent with garden,parking,wi-fi,air cond.. La Casina Toscana is a house of about 100 square meters individual whose o...
Hardware Resources - Naples Pull, 416 mm C/C, Satin Nickel
Hardware Resources, Naples Pull, 416 mm C/C, Finish - SN, offers you quality, affordable hardware. For a simple, quick, update or refresh of your cabinets and drawers, select a new style and finish to spruce up your kitchen.
Local Sluts Naples FL | Famous Actress Who Were Sluts Florida
This Site Has Stunned Naples, And Its Only a Matter of Time Before Its Prohibited. ** You Do not Have to Show Your Actual Name on This Site! **.
Van Hire in Naples, Italy | Europcar
Rent a van in Naples and find great deals with Europcar. For your moving or commercial needs, youll find the right van or truck at Europcar. Book now!
823 Bentwood Dr - Naples FL - MapQuest
View detailed information and reviews for 823 Bentwood Dr in Naples, Florida and get driving directions with road conditions and live traffic updates along the way.
Dr. Robert Statfeld, MD | Naples, FL | Healthgrades
Dr. Robert Statfeld, MD is a Anesthesiology Specialist in Naples, FL and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara medical school in 1982. He is affiliated with NCH Baker Hospital Downtown. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Statfeld to book an appointment.
Golden Fluid Acrylics - Naples Yellow Historical Hue, 4 oz bottle | BLICK Art Materials
Shop Golden Fluid Acrylics - Naples Yellow Historical Hue, 4 oz bottle at Blick. Find everything you need for your next creative project online.
Book Bellorizzonte in Naples | Hotels.com
Bellorizzonte in Naples on Hotels.com and earn Rewards nights. Collect 10 nights get 1 free*. Read 15 genuine guest reviews for Bellorizzonte
Naples Soap Co Login
Naples Soap Company sells handmade natural skin care products such as olive oil soap, sea salt soap, shampoo bars, conditioner bars, body butter, sea salt body scrub, loofa soaps, and bath bombs. Our customers range from luxury spas to our loyal clients who suffer from eczema and psoriasis. All skin care products are handmade in the USA.
4100 Estey Ave - Naples FL - MapQuest
View detailed information and reviews for 4100 Estey Ave in Naples, Florida and get driving directions with road conditions and live traffic updates along the way.
Naples Florida management major
Info concerning Naples FL management major. Given a business management degree, you may find your niche in operations, human resources, sales, or advertising.
Suspicious envelope found at Collier Courthouse - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida
HAZMAT crews are on the scene of a suspicious package that was found at the Collier County Courthouse in Naples, according to officials with Collier County EMS.
The Healthy Loser Inc Welcomes the News That Naples, Florida Has Become the Slimmest City in America | Apr 29, 2014 -...
Press Release issued Apr 29, 2014: According to the official results, only 16.5% of adults who live in Naples are obese compared to 37% of all adults who live in America. HealthyLoser.com, who offer cash prizes to people who lose weight has called the news incredible.
Bradford Snead, MD: ophthalmologist in Naples, FL
Learn more about Dr. Bradford Snead and other ophthalmologists in Naples, FL. See treatments provided, insurance accepted, and more.
Maimeri Artisti Oil Color - Naples Yellow Reddish, 60 ml tube | BLICK Art Materials
Shop Maimeri Artisti Oil Color - Naples Yellow Reddish, 60 ml tube at Blick. Find everything you need for your next creative project online.
Retina Consultants of Southwest Florida are the regions most experienced team of retina specialists serving patients in Naples and beyond.
"Characterization of eight new phlebotomus fever serogroup arboviruses (Bunyaviridae: Phlebovirus) from the Amazon region of ...
Government Medical College, Aurangabad
"Isolation of a virus belonging to the Phlebotomus fever virus group from febrile cases in Aurangabad". The Indian Journal of ... Sandfly fever, an aroboviral disease is known to occur in the arid regions of West Pakistan and Middle East. Its occurrence in ... However, in 1967, the sandfly fever virus was isolated in Aurangabad from febrile cases. The GMC provides residential facility ...
Punta Toro phlebovirus
PTV is a member of the phlebotomus fever subgroup of Phleboviruses, and as the name suggests, causes an acute febrile illness. ... Acute febrile illness in humans is characterized by a rapid onset of fever that is often accompanied by secondary symptoms such ...
Capture of Damascus
... phlebotomus and other fevers. In the circumstances that existed, it may well be believed that close clinical observation was ... An outbreak of cerebro-spinal fever was suspected. The arrival of the Malaria Diagnosis Station on October 12 in some measure ... They mainly suffered galls, debility, fever and colic or diarrhoea. After they were treated 904 were returned to service. The ... still having a bad time with fever. 50 prisoners daily...[were]...employed to look after horses and clean up the lines so that ...
... also known as Phlebotomus fever and sandfly fever). He died in Cairo of a brain tumor, and was buried at the Heliopolis War ... and fought a hard war in the desert during which he contracted pappataci fever virus ( ...
... he did important research on role of the body louse for Borrelia recurrentis in relapsing fever (1907-1908) and the role of ... Phlebotomus in the transmission of cutaneous leishmaniasis (1904-1921). His discoveries also concern veterinary diseases such ...
... (also known as Phlebotomus fever and, somewhat confusingly, sandfly fever and three-day fever) is a vector- ... Phlebotomus papatasi, Phlebotomus perniciosus and Phlebotomus perfiliewi. The sandfly becomes infected when biting an infected ... "Pappataci fever". Retrieved 2009-07-03. Tavana AM. Sandfly fever in the world. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2015;8:83-7 Gratz N.G ... The name, pappataci fever, comes from the Italian word for sandfly, it is the union of the word "pappa" (food) and taci (silent ...
... species are also vectors for bartonellosis, verruga peruana, and pappataci fever, an arboviral disease caused by ... Phlebotomus is a genus of "sand flies" in the Diptera family Psychodidae. In the past, they have sometimes been considered to ... In Egypt, two species of medical importance are Phlebotomus papatasii and P. langerni. These flies are short-lived. Females are ... In the Old World, Phlebotomus sand flies are primarily responsible for the transmission of leishmaniasis, an important ...
Some sandfly genera of the subfamily Phlebotominae are the primary vectors of leishmaniasis and pappataci fever; both diseases ... the disease is spread by sandflies of the genus Phlebotomus. Belize and Honduras are notorious in the Caribbean for their ... Leishmania donovani causes spiking fevers, hepatosplenomegaly, and pancytopenia. It can be diagnosed through microscopic review ... are confusingly referred to as sandfly fever. In the New World, leishmaniasis is spread by sand flies of the genus Lutzomyia; ...
List of English words of Persian origin
Etymology: perhaps from Persian تاب tab fever + باد bad wind, from Middle Persian vat; akin to Avestan vata- wind, Sanskrit वत ... genus Phlebotomus) and which proliferates in reticuloendothelial cells - called also visceral leishmaniasis.. Kamboh. ... a severe infectious disease chiefly of eastern and southern Asia that is marked by fever, progressive anemia, leukopenia, and ...
In the Old World, sand flies in the genus Phlebotomus spread leishmaniasis. Phlebotomine females, and only females, suck blood ... bartonellosis and pappataci fever. In the New World, leishmaniasis is spread by sand flies in the genus Lutzomyia, which ...
Toscana virus (TOSV) was first isolated in 1971 from Phlebotomus perniciosus and Phlebotomus perfiliewi in Monte Argentario ( ... infection may result in Pappataci fever, an illness with mild fever, headache and myalgia. In serious cases that go undiagnosed ... The virus can be transmitted to humans by the bite of an infected sandfly of the genus Phlebotomus. Toscana is not normally ...
The only sandfly fever virus known to be neurotropic is Toscana virus. However, there have been a report of encephalitis and ... The peak incidence occurs in warm months, especially August, when the Phlebotomus papatasi sandfly vectors, which transmit the ... Sandfly fever is a nonfatal influenza-like illness. The incubation period is 3-6 days, and signs and symptoms include high ... It is related to the Naples and Toscana viruses, which also cause sandfly fever. The virus was discovered in Palermo, Sicilia, ...
200,000 estimated cases of yellow fever (with 30,000 deaths) per year. Ross River fever - Vector: Mosquitoes, main vectors A. ... Leishmaniasis - Vectors: species in the genus Lutzomyia in the New World and Phlebotomus in the Old World. Two million people ... Yellow fever - Principal vectors: Aedes simpsoni, A. africanus, and A. aegypti in Africa, species in genus Haemagogus in South ... Dengue fever - Vectors: Aedes aegypti (main vector) Aedes albopictus (minor vector) threatens -50 million people are infected ...
Kala azar in India
The only way the disease spreads from human to human is by one insect in the region, Phlebotomus argentipes. As of 2009, the ... Signs and symptoms include fever, weight loss, fatigue, anemia, and substantial swelling of the liver and spleen. People get ... Signs and symptoms include fever, weight loss, fatigue, anemia, and substantial swelling of the liver and spleen. Among people ... In the Indian subcontinent the particular sandfly is Phlebotomus argentipes and it transmits Leishmania donovani. One part of ...
List of skin conditions
Sandfly fever (Pappataci fever, phlebotomus fever) Sealpox Varicella (chickenpox) Variola major (smallpox) Verruca plana (flat ... Trench fever (five-day fever, quintan fever, urban trench fever) Tropical ulcer (Aden ulcer, jungle rot, Malabar ulcer, ... Malta fever, undulant fever) Bubonic plague Bullous impetigo Cat scratch disease (cat scratch fever, English-Wear infection, ... Aeromonas infection African tick bite fever American tick bite fever (Rickettsia parkeri infection) Arcanobacterium ...
List of MeSH codes (C02)
... phlebotomus fever MeSH C02.782.147.810 - rift valley fever MeSH C02.782.160.927 - vesicular exanthema of swine MeSH C02.782. ... dengue fever MeSH C02.782.417.214.200 - dengue hemorrhagic fever MeSH C02.782.417.400 - cgi?mode=&term=Hemorrhagic+Fever,+ ... hemorrhagic fever, crimean MeSH C02.782.417.415 - hemorrhagic fever, ebola MeSH C02.782.417.435 - hemorrhagic fever, omsk MeSH ... Fever,+American hemorrhagic fever, american MeSH C02.782.082.545 - lassa fever MeSH C02.782.082.580 - lymphocytic ...
They are spread by sandflies of the genus Phlebotomus in the Old World, and of the genus Lutzomyia in the New World. At least ... "black fever". Some of these names suggest links to negative cultural beliefs or mythology, which still feed into the social ...
... "black fever", kālā meaning black and āzār meaning fever or disease). In the Americas, evidence of the cutaneous form of the ... Elsewhere in the world, the genus Phlebotomus is considered the vector of leishmaniasis. ... Visceral leishmaniasis or kala-azar ('black fever') is the most serious form, and is generally fatal if untreated. Other ... "dum-dum fever" (Dum Dum is an area close to Calcutta) and proposed them to be trypanosomes, found for the first time in India.[ ...
Frederick Percival Mackie
In August 1907 Mackie was sent to investigate an outbreak of relapsing fever that had broken out at a mission settlement in ... He found flagellated forms of the parasite in sand flies of the genus Phlebotomus. The topographical distribution of kala-azar ... During this time, in December 1898, he published his first of some 85 scientific papers, "Notes on a Case of Blackwater Fever" ... F. Percival Mackie, "The Part Played by Pediculus Corporis in the Transmission of Relapsing Fever," Br Med J. 1907 Dec 14; 2( ...
Parasitic flies of domestic animals
Species of Phlebotomus and Lutzomyia sandflies are notorious as transmitters of species of Leishmania protozoa that cause ... Stomoxys flies transmit the bacterium Eperythrozoon ovis to sheep and this infection may lead to fever and anemia. There is one ... Sheep-keds transmit the bacterium Eperythrozoon ovis to sheep and this infection may cause fever and anemia. They also transmit ... Culex mosquitoes transmit West Nile virus between birds and horses; they transmit Rift Valley fever virus to livestock species ...
Sandfly - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the Old World sand flies in the genus Phlebotomus spread leishmaniasis. ... bartonellosis and pappataci fever. In the New World leishmaniasis is spread by sand flies in the genus Lutzomyia. Lutzomyia ...
Stanley Jennings Carpenter
Notes on the Phlebotomus of Panama. (Diptera: Psychodidae). X. P. aragoi, P. barrettoi and two new species. Annals of the ... It was not long until a small outbreak of yellow fever occurred near the Canal Zone. This resulted in a detailed study of ...
... bovine ephemeral fever (C. osystoma and C. nipponesis), Akabane virus, Queensland itch and epizootic hemorrhagic disease. A ... ignacioi Culicoides insignis Culicoides lutzi Culicoides maruim Culicoides paramaruim Subgenus Macfiella Culicoides phlebotomus ...
The insect vectors are species of sandfly of the genus Phlebotomus in the Old World, and of Lutzomyia in the New World. ... Assam gave kala-azar one of its common names, Assam fever. Another common name, kala-azar (Hindustani: काला आज़ार ( ... Signs and symptoms include fever, weight loss, fatigue, anemia, and substantial swelling of the liver and spleen. Of particular ... Locally, the disease was called kala-azar or black fever, which is the meaning in the Hindustani language.. ...
Infection is transmitted by species of sandfly belonging to the genus Phlebotomus in Old World and Lutzomyia in New World. The ... L. donovani is the causative agent of visceral leishmaniasis, traditionally known as kala-azar ("black fever", particularly in ... Clinical symptoms include pyrexia (recurring high fever which may be continuous or remittent), enlargement of spleen and liver ... Its acute effects includes nausea, vomiting, rigors, fever, hypertension or hypotension, and hypoxia, and its chronic effect is ...
Giovanni Battista Grassi
In 1902, Grassi abandoned his study of malaria and began work on the sandfly responsible for Leishmaniasis (Phlebotomus ... HE TOOK ARMS AGAINST MARSH FEVER/UNSUCCESSFULLY FOUGHT FOR CENTURIES/DIED IN ROME ON 4 MAY 1925/WANTED TO BE BURIED AT ...
Blasio Vincent Ndale Esau Oriedo
Kala-azar (black fever) or visceral leishmaniasis is a deadly parasitic disease in the tropics, subtropics, and southern Europe ... with special emphasis on Phlebotomus orientalis." Journal of Vector Ecology 36.s1 (2011): S23-S31. Shaw, J. J., and Ralph ... Kala-azar (black fever) or visceral leishmaniasis is a deadly parasitic disease endemic to the tropics, subtropics, and ... In 1954 Oriedo led a successful government campaign to stem typhoid fever epidemic in present-day Kenya and Uganda. In the ...
List of parasites of humans
Phlebotomus, Lutzomyia - bite of several species of phlebotomine sandflies Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) ... Borrelia recurrentis (Louse borne relapsing fever). *Borrelia hermsii/Borrelia duttoni/Borrelia parkeri (Tick borne relapsing ... Schistosomiasis - bilharzia, bilharziosis or snail fever (all types) Schistosoma sp. Africa, Caribbean, eastern South America, ...
Phlebotomus Fever | Harvard Catalyst Profiles | Harvard Catalyst
"Phlebotomus Fever" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Phlebotomus Fever" was a major or minor topic ... "Phlebotomus Fever" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicines controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject ... Below are the most recent publications written about "Phlebotomus Fever" by people in Profiles. ... Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Phlebotomus Fever". ...
Viola phlebovirus is a novel Phlebotomus fever serogroup member identified in Lutzomyia ( Lutzomyia) longipalpis from Brazilian...
In this study, a new species of Phlebovirus belonging to phlebotomus fever serogroup was identified in Lu. longipalpis captured ... Phlebotomus fever and Uukuniemi serogroups are marked in orange and purple, respectively. Bars indicate serocomplexes ... Phlebotomus fever and Uukuniemi serogroups are marked in orange and purple, respectively. Bars indicate serocomplexes ... Phlebotomus fever and Uukuniemi serogroup are marked in orange and purple, respectively. Bars indicate serocomplexes ...
The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene | Antigenic Relationships among Phlebotomus Fever Group Arboviruses and...
Pacui virus was shown to be a member of the Phlebotomus fever serogroup. Six new Phlebotomus fever group serotypes are also ... The implications of these and other recent data about the epidemiology of sandfly fever are discussed. ... Abstract The antigenic relationships of 21 known or presumed Phlebotomus fever group serotypes and of 2 ungrouped, solvent ... Pacui virus was shown to be a member of the Phlebotomus fever serogroup. Six new Phlebotomus fever group serotypes are also ...
Phlebotomus fever | Article about phlebotomus fever by The Free Dictionary
Find out information about phlebotomus fever. An acute viral infection, transmitted by the fly Phlebotomus papatosii and ... characterized by fever, pains in the head and eyes, inflammation of the... Explanation of phlebotomus fever ... Related to phlebotomus fever: pappataci fever, sandfly fever, phlebotomus fever virus. phlebotomus fever. [flə′bäd·ə·məs ‚fēv· ... Also known as Chitral fever; pappataci fever; sandfly fever; three-day fever. ...
EXPERIMENTAL TRANSMISSION OF PHLEBOTOMUS FEVER
This confirms the epidemiological data on the role of P. caucasicus in the spread of phlebotomus fever. ... caucasicus was infected with phlebotomus fever virus. P. papatasii and P. caucasicus preserved the virus in an active state for ... With suckling mice used as an experimental model, P. caucasicus was infected with phlebotomus fever virus. P. papatasii and P. ... This confirms the epidemiological data on the role of P. caucasicus in the spread of phlebotomus fever. ...
Viola phlebovirus is a novel Phlebotomus fever serogroup member identified in Lutzomyia ( Lutzomyia ) longipalpis from...
... presence of one virus in sand flies from North Pantanal with identity to a putative novel Phlebovirus from phlebotomus fever ... in North Pantanal showed a tripartite genomic sequence of a putative novel Phlebovirus belonging to the phlebotomus fever ... de Carvalho, M.S., de Lara Pinto, A.Z., Pinheiro, A. et al. Viola phlebovirus is a novel Phlebotomus fever serogroup member ... In this study, a new species of Phlebovirus belonging to phlebotomus fever serogroup was identified in Lu. longipalpis captured ...
Phlebotomus | insect | Britannica
... carried by the sand fly Phlebotomus. Sleeping sickness in humans and a group of cattle diseases that are widespread in Africa ... Other articles where Phlebotomus is discussed: insect: Medical significance: … ... pappataci fever virus. * In sand fly. …Mediterranean and in southern Asia, Phlebotomus transmits the pappataci fever virus; and ... carried by the sand fly Phlebotomus. Sleeping sickness in humans and a group of cattle diseases that are widespread in Africa ...
Volume 28, Issue 4 | The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Dimethyl Sulfoxide Enhancement of Phlebotomus Fever Virus Plaque Formation J. M. McCown, W. E. Brandt, W. H. Bancroft and P. K ... Epidemic Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever in Rural Indonesia S. Eram, Y. Setyabudi, T. I. Sadono, D. S. Sutrisno, D. J. Gubler and J. ... Epidemic Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever in Rural Indonesia D. J. Gubler, W. Suharyono, I. Lubis, S. Eram and J. Sulianti Saroso ... Epidemic Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever in Rural Indonesia Jumali Sunarto, D. J. Gubler, S. Nalim, S. Eram and J. Sulianti Saroso ...
ArboCat Virus: Rift Valley fever (RVFV)
ArboCat Virus: Karimabad (KARV)
ArboCat Virus: Arbia (ARBV)
Plasma amino acids: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Sandfly fever | Definition of Sandfly fever at Dictionary.com
... characterized by fever, eye pain, and sometimes a rash, transmitted by sandflies of the genus Phlebotomus. See more. ... Sandfly fever definition, a usually mild viral disease occurring in hot, dry areas, ... sander, sanderling, sanderson, sandfish, sandfly, sandfly fever, sandglass, sandgrouse, sandhi, sandhill crane, sandhoffs ... a usually mild viral disease occurring in hot, dry areas, characterized by fever, eye pain, and sometimes a rash, transmitted ...
The Clinical Significance And Manifestations Of Sand Fly Fever And Yellow Fever As Arboviral Infections | HubPages
Phlebotomus papatasil. Yellow Fever is caused by a group B arnovirus transmitted to man by the bite of Aedes mosquitoes ... It is an acute infectious fever caused by arbovirus transmitted by the sand fly, ... Sand Fly Fever (Phlebotomus Fever, Papatasil Fever, 3 Day Fever. It is an acute infectious fever caused by arbovirus ... After three days, the fever comes down by crisis. Though the disease may be mistaken for dengue fever, absence of rash and ...
fever | Taber's Medical Dictionary
fever answers are found in the Tabers Medical Dictionary powered by Unbound Medicine. Available for iPhone, iPad, Android, and ... The causative organism is any of several species of Bunyaviridae viruses and is transmitted by the common sandfly Phlebotomus ... drug fever. Fever caused by the administration of a drug. The diagnosis of drug fever may be overlooked initially because ... induced fever. Fever produced artificially to treat certain diseases such as central nervous system syphilis. A sustained fever ...
Antigenic relationships among Phlebotomus fever group arboviruses and their implications for the epidemiology of sandfly fever<...
Pacui virus was shown to be a member of the Phlebotomus fever serogroup. Six new Phlebotomus fever group serotypes are also ... Pacui virus was shown to be a member of the Phlebotomus fever serogroup. Six new Phlebotomus fever group serotypes are also ... Pacui virus was shown to be a member of the Phlebotomus fever serogroup. Six new Phlebotomus fever group serotypes are also ... Pacui virus was shown to be a member of the Phlebotomus fever serogroup. Six new Phlebotomus fever group serotypes are also ...
CCDC130 Gene - GeneCards | CC130 Protein | CC130 Antibody
Itaya virus, a Novel Orthobunyavirus Associated with Human Febrile Illness, Peru - Volume 21, Number 5-May 2015 - Emerging...
Characterization of eight new phlebotomus fever serogroup arboviruses (Bunyaviridae: Phlebovirus) from the Amazon region of ... Yu XJ, Liang MF, Zhang SY, Liu Y, Li JD, Sun YL, Fever with thrombocytopenia associated with a novel bunyavirus in China. N ... Epelboin L, Boullé C, Ouar-Epelboin S, Hanf M, Dussart P, Djossou F, Discriminating malaria from dengue fever in endemic areas ... The criteria for inclusion of patients were fever ,38°C of no more than 5 days in duration and nonspecific symptoms, such as ...
Figure 3 - Itaya virus, a Novel Orthobunyavirus Associated with Human Febrile Illness, Peru - Volume 21, Number 5-May 2015 -...
Characterization of eight new phlebotomus fever serogroup arboviruses (Bunyaviridae: Phlebovirus) from the Amazon region of ... Yu XJ, Liang MF, Zhang SY, Liu Y, Li JD, Sun YL, Fever with thrombocytopenia associated with a novel bunyavirus in China. N ... Epelboin L, Boullé C, Ouar-Epelboin S, Hanf M, Dussart P, Djossou F, Discriminating malaria from dengue fever in endemic areas ... Ngari virus is a Bunyamwera virus reassortant that can be associated with large outbreaks of hemorrhagic fever in Africa. J ...
Advanced Search Results - Public Health Image Library(PHIL)
Isolation of three novel reassortant phleboviruses, Ponticelli I, II, III, and of Toscana virus from field-collected sand flies...
... related to the sand fly fever Naples phlebovirus species, was also detected. The co-circulation, in a restricted area, of three ... Phlebotomus fevers. In: Encyclopedia of arthropod-transmitted infections. UK: CAB International; 2001. p. 397-401.Google ... Sandfly-borne Phlebovirus isolations from Turkey: new insight into the sand fly fever Sicilian and sand fly fever Naples ... Characterization of a sandfly fever Sicilian virus isolated during a sandfly fever epidemic in Turkey. J Clin Virol. 2010;48: ...
Overview of Arbovirus, Arenavirus, and Filovirus Infections - Infectious Diseases - Merck Manuals Professional Edition
Rift Valley fever virus, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, severe fever with thrombocytopenia virus, the hantaviruses) may ... Phlebotomus species. Mediterranean basin, Balkans, Middle East, Pakistan, India, China, eastern Africa, Panama, Brazil ... Many cause fever and bleeding tendencies (hemorrhagic fever). Decreased synthesis of vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors, ... The following is recommended for hemorrhagic fever caused by arenaviruses or bunyaviruses including Lassa fever, Rift Valley ...
Feigin and Cherry's Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases - 8th Edition
Dandy fever | definition of dandy fever by Medical dictionary
... dandy fever explanation free. What is dandy fever? Meaning of dandy fever medical term. What does dandy fever mean? ... Looking for online definition of dandy fever in the Medical Dictionary? ... Pel-Ebstein fever. See: Pel-Ebstein fever. periodic fever. Familial Mediterranean fever.. phlebotomus fever. Sandfly fever.. ... Synonym(s): Aden fever, bouquet fever, breakbone fever, dandy fever, date fever, dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever, ...
Three-day fever | definition of three-day fever by Medical dictionary
... three-day fever explanation free. What is three-day fever? Meaning of three-day fever medical term. What does three-day fever ... Looking for online definition of three-day fever in the Medical Dictionary? ... Pel-Ebstein fever. See: Pel-Ebstein fever. periodic fever. Familial Mediterranean fever.. phlebotomus fever. Sandfly fever.. ... Synonym: pappataci fever; phlebotomus fever; three-day fever. San Joaquin valley fever. Coccidioidomycosis.. scarlet fever. An ...
Plasma Amino Acids | Medical Tests | UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code A93.1: Sandfly fever
... disease caused by several members of the bunyaviridae family and transmitted mostly by the bloodsucking sandfly phlebotomus ... A90-A99 Arthropod-borne viral fevers and viral hemorrhagic fevers › * A93- Other arthropod-borne viral fevers, not elsewhere ... Dengue fever [classical dengue]. 2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Type 1 Excludes*dengue hemorrhagic fever (A91) ... Dengue fever [classical dengue]. 2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Type 1 Excludes*dengue hemorrhagic fever (A91) ...
Alenquer phlebovirus - Wikipedia
Government Medical College, Aurangabad - Wikipedia
"Isolation of a virus belonging to the Phlebotomus fever virus group from febrile cases in Aurangabad". The Indian Journal of ... Sandfly fever, an aroboviral disease is known to occur in the arid regions of West Pakistan and Middle East. Its occurrence in ... However, in 1967, the sandfly fever virus was isolated in Aurangabad from febrile cases. The GMC provides residential facility ...
PappataciPhlebovirusGenusLeishmaniasisDengue feverPapatasiiBUNYAVIRIDAEArbovirusesKala-azarSerogroupLutzomyiaPapatasi sandVirusesYellow feverPerniciosusLeishmaniaNcbi.nlm.nih.govSymptomsSevere FeverSpeciesSicilianAcuteToscanaArgentipesHemorrhagic fever wiVirusChillsInfectionsMalariaTrench FeverInfectionHigh feverBartonellaSuppression of fever and autistic disordersDiseasesHumansViral disease transmittedFebrileSand flyHeadacheBunyavirusPhlebovirusesSerotypesVectorEpidemiologyOroya
- The disease has different name including three day fever, Pappataci fever and Phlebotomus fever [ 3 ]. (imedpub.com)
- In parts of Asia and North Africa, they spread a viral agent that causes sand fly fever (pappataci fever) as well as protozoan pathogens ( Leishmania spp. (justia.com)
- Bartonella bacilliformis, and the Pappataci fever virus (SANDFLY FEVER NAPLES VIRUS). (fpnotebook.com)
- Characterization of the Sandfly fever Naples species complex and description of a new Karimabad species complex (genus Phlebovirus, family Bunyaviridae). (harvard.edu)
- One pool containing three Lutzomyia ( Lutzomyia ) longipalpis sand flies captured in the transitional climatic period in North Pantanal showed a tripartite genomic sequence of a putative novel Phlebovirus belonging to the phlebotomus fever serogroup. (springer.com)
- HTS, viral isolation, RT-PCR and TEM showed the presence of one virus in sand flies from North Pantanal with identity to a putative novel Phlebovirus from phlebotomus fever serogroup, named Viola phlebovirus. (springer.com)
- a fifth putative phlebovirus, related to the sand fly fever Naples phlebovirus species, was also detected. (biomedcentral.com)
- In this study we have compared the stabilities of three viruses within the Bunyaviridae family: the rodent-borne Hantavirus Hantaan virus (HTNV), the sand fly-borne Phlebovirus sandfly fever Sicilian virus (SFSV), and the tick-borne Nairovirus Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus (CCHFV). (asm.org)
- Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV) is an acute, zoonotic viral disease caused by a Phlebovirus, which belongs to the Bunyaviridae family. (scielo.org.za)
- a usually mild viral disease occurring in hot, dry areas, characterized by fever, eye pain, and sometimes a rash, transmitted by sandflies of the genus Phlebotomus. (dictionary.com)
- 12 A parasitic protozoa infectious disease that has symptom mild fevers and has symptom anemia described as malaria-like symptoms caused by a protozoan of genus Babesia, which reproduce in red blood cells and cause hemolytic anemia. (malacards.org)
- Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses, TOSV is a serotype of meningitis from May to October, far exceeding of Sandfly fever Naples virus within the genus enteroviruses. (cdc.gov)
- The Phlebotomus fever virus is an arbovirus transmitted to humans by the bits of hematofagous flies with limited flight range, which belong to the genus Phlebotomus, Sergentomyia and Lutzomyia. (edu.pe)
- Sand flies in the genus Phlebotomus are vectors of a bacterium ( Bartonella bacilliformis ) that causes Carrion's disease (oroyo fever) in South America. (justia.com)
- Phlebotomus sergenti and Phlebotomus papatasi are the main vectors of anthroponotic cutaneous leishmaniasis and zoonotic cutaneous leishmaniasis, respectively, in many parts of the old world. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Phlebotomus sergenti was identified as vector of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Kabul city, whereas P. (thefreedictionary.com)
- He has kala-azar, the black fever, also known as leishmaniasis. (org.in)
- Phlebotomus argentipes transmits visceral leishmaniasis. (healthcanal.com)
- It is generally suspected that climate change has played (and will continue to play) a role in the expansion of other disease vectors, notably the Asian tiger mosquito (Aedes albopictus), which can disseminate several diseases including dengue, chikungunya and Zika, and Phlebotomus species of sandflies, which transmit leishmaniasis. (europa.eu)
- During the first eight months of 2015, Colombian health officials have reported nearly 650 cases of Chagas disease, more than 330,000 chikungunya cases, more than 60,000 dengue fever cases and nearly 5,000 cases of leishmaniasis. (outbreaknewstoday.com)
- Though the disease may be mistaken for dengue fever, absence of rash and lymphadenopathy helps in supporting the diagnosis of sand fly fever. (hubpages.com)
- Human group C viruses infections, largely associated with mild febrile illness, are indistinguishable from dengue fever ( 9 ), and recent studies on the genetic characterization of reference strains have described their genetic relationship ( 11 ). (cdc.gov)
- See dengue fever . (thefreedictionary.com)
- Dynamic clinical spectrums ranging from asymptomatic, undifferentiated fever, typical dengue fever (DF), dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) and dengue shock syndrome (DSS) have been well documented. (scirp.org)
- To date, 48 chikungunya-related deaths have been reported, with six reported as a co-infection with dengue fever. (outbreaknewstoday.com)
- The number of dengue fever cases in Colombia during the first eight months of 2015 is down about 10% compared to the same period last year. (outbreaknewstoday.com)
- Influenza-like febrile viral disease caused by several members of the BUNYAVIRIDAE family and transmitted mostly by the bloodsucking sandfly Phlebotomus papatasii. (harvard.edu)
- The disease is transmitted to humans by female species of Phlebotomus , mostly P. papataci, Phlebotomus papatasii, P. perniciosus , and P. perfiliewsi during blood sucking which is distributed in many parts of the world [ 12 ]. (imedpub.com)
- However, some flaviviruses ( yellow fever , dengue viruses) and some Bunyaviridae ( Rift Valley fever virus , Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, severe fever with thrombocytopenia virus, the hantaviruses ) may be associated with hemorrhagic symptoms. (merckmanuals.com)
- biochemical studies on the phlebotomus fever group viruses (bunyaviridae family). (liverpool.ac.uk)
- analyses of the virion polypeptides and genomes of several phlebotomus fever group viruses, karimabad, punta toro, chagres, and the sandfly fever sicilian serotype viruses, have established that they are biochemically similar to the accepted members of the bunyaviridae family. (liverpool.ac.uk)
- Sand fly fever as Bunyaviridae virus are distributed worldwide mainly in Europe, Africa, Central Asia, and the American continent and several serotypes has been introduced so far [ 15 ]. (imedpub.com)
- The antigenic relationships of 21 known or presumed Phlebotomus fever group serotypes and of 2 ungrouped, solvent sensitive, sandfly-associated arboviruses (Pacui and Charleville) were studied by complement fixation, plaque neutralization, and hemagglutination-inhibition methods. (ajtmh.org)
- Among several arboviruses, five are known to produce sand fly fever. (hubpages.com)
- Toscana (TOS) virus, a new member of the Phlebotomus fever serogroup of arboviruses, was isolated from sandflies collected in Italy. (pianolarge.ml)
- Kala-azar, the 'black fever' which was relegated to the bottom drawer of government priorities, is back. (org.in)
- El virus Phlebotomus fever es un arbovirus cuya transmisión al hombre ocurre por la picadura de moscas hematófagas de vuelo limitado, pertenecientes a los géneros Phlebotomus, Sergentomyia y Lutzomyia. (edu.pe)
- A chronic disease caused by LEISHMANIA DONOVANI and transmitted by the bite of several sandflies of the genera Phlebotomus and Lutzomyia. (finto.fi)
- Sandfly fever Sicilian virus (SFSV) is spread by Phlebotomus papatasi sand flies in southern Europe and is maintained by transovarial transmission. (asm.org)
- Most viruses associated with hemorrhagic fevers are classified in the families Arenaviridae and Filoviridae . (merckmanuals.com)
- According to the Eighth Report of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses, phleboviruses are classified into 9 serocomplexes (1), 1 of which includes Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV), a deadly pathogen for cattle and humans. (thefreedictionary.com)
- From these, TOSV appears to be 1 of the 3 major viral fever Naples (but not the TOSV serotype) and Sicilian pathogens involved in aseptic meningitis acquired during viruses have the widest geographic distribution, in parallel the summer in these countries. (cdc.gov)
- is the main vector of the viruses that cause Yellow fever and Dengue. (justia.com)
- The African hemorrhagic fever viruses are classified in the Filoviridae family ( Table 38-1 , Figure 38-1 ). (mhmedical.com)
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, Nairobi sheep disease, and Sakhalin viruses. (mhmedical.com)
- Heartland virus, Lone Star virus, Rift Valley fever virus, sandfly ( Phlebotomus ) fever viruses, severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome virus (SFTSV,) and Uukuniemi viruses. (mhmedical.com)
- Some of the most virulent diseases are caused by viruses, e.g., the hemorrhagic fever caused by Ebola virus. (tabers.com)
- In contrast, KBGV was closely related to Toscana virus (84% identity of RdRp proteins) and shared a most recent common ancestor with the clade comprising sandfly fever Naples and Toscana viruses. (asm.org)
- The novel viruses are related to the two medically important serocomplexes, sandfly fever Naples and sandfly fever Sicilian, that are associated with febrile illness and neuroinvasive infections and which were previously not known to occur in sub-Saharan Africa. (asm.org)
- In endemic areas, fever, leucopenia and proteinuria with or without jaundice should suggest the possibility of yellow fever. (hubpages.com)
- Many countries insist on yellow fever vaccination before entry. (hubpages.com)
- exceptions include dengue , yellow fever , Zika virus infection , and chikungunya disease , which can be transmitted from person to person via mosquitoes. (merckmanuals.com)
- Parts of Colombia are endemic for the mosquito borne viral disease, yellow fever. (outbreaknewstoday.com)
- In Italy, the virus was isolated them report imported or autochthonous human cases from the vectors P. perniciosus and Phlebotomus perfiliewi acquired in Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, and Cyprus. (cdc.gov)
- The vectorial competence of Phlebotomus sergenti is specific for Leishmania tropica and is controlled by species-specific, lipophosphoglycan-mediated midgut attachment. (thefreedictionary.com)
- It is transmitted through the bite of the sandfly (Phlebotomus argentipes) infected with the parasite Leishmania donovani. (org.in)
- [ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] In this study, we present a case of Q fever from the western part of Turkey mimicking Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF) in terms of clinical and laboratory findings. (symptoma.com)
- SFSV can infect humans via blood-feeding sand flies and causes relatively mild symptoms, such as fever, headache, and muscle and joint pain ( 3 ). (asm.org)
- Symptoms of meningitis Meningitis is commonly manifested by: severe headache vomiting high fever stiffness of the neck sensitivity and eye pain on exposure to light skin rash [news-medical.net] fever or CRP elevation. (symptoma.com)
- The most common symptoms during sandfly fever were headache, anorexia, myalgia, photophobia , low back and retro-orbital pain. (symptoma.com)
- mononucleosis Tonsil - Traumatic ulcer Gradenigo's triad EAR E-Ear discharge A-Abducens palsy R-Retro orbital pain(5th nerve involved) indications of tympanoplasty- ABCDES [medicalgeek.com] Other symptoms can include photophobia , excessive lacrimation , fever , and reduced corneal sensitivity. (symptoma.com)
- Babesiosis, also known as human babesiosis , is related to tick infestation and acute kidney failure , and has symptoms including mild fevers and anemia described as malaria-like symptoms . (malacards.org)
- Symptoms of Oroya fever include fever and profound anemia, which may be sudden or indolent in onset. (merckmanuals.com)
- The main sign and symptoms of the disease are fever, photophobia, and muscle pain in different parts of the body [ 4 ]. (imedpub.com)
- Other symptoms are saliva from the mouth, severe headache, high fever, alternating periods of excitement and depression, inability to swallow even fluids due to choked throat. (yourarticlelibrary.com)
- Hyperferritinemia as a Diagnostic Marker for Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome. (harvard.edu)
- Neutralizing Antibodies to Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome Virus 4 Years after Hospitalization, China. (harvard.edu)
- Larvae, nymphs, and adult stages of 3 species of ixodid ticks were collected by tick drag methods in Seoul during June-October 2013, and their infection status with severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome (SFTS) virus was examined using RT-PCR. (bvsalud.org)
- We found that 2 phleboviruses belonging to the Sandfly fever Naples virus species, TOSV and Punique virus, are cocirculating in northern Tunisia. (thefreedictionary.com)
- LOBV, PERV, and EMBV showed low similarity to known phleboviruses, with less than 55% pairwise amino acid identities in the RNA-directed RNA polymerase (RdRp) proteins, and defined a highly diversified monophyletic clade in sister relationship to the sandfly fever Sicilian serocomplex. (asm.org)
- An acute viral infection, transmitted by the fly Phlebotomus papatosii and characterized by fever, pains in the head and eyes, inflammation of the conjunctiva, leukopenia, and general malaise. (thefreedictionary.com)
- It is an acute infectious fever caused by arbovirus transmitted by the sand fly, Phlebotomus papatasil . (hubpages.com)
- Toscana virus (TOSV) is an arthropodborne virus first human disease is increasing, it remains poorly studied, and identified in 1971 from the sandfly Phlebotomus pernicio- physicians have little awareness of its potential to cause sus in central Italy. (cdc.gov)
- KBGV reacted with sandfly fever Naples and Toscana virus antisera in rIFA. (asm.org)
- This life-threatening condition is transmitted by the bite of a small sand fly, Phlebotomus argentipes , and infected people suffer with high fever, weight loss and weakness that can lead to death if left untreated. (healthcanal.com)
Hemorrhagic fever wi1
- Hantaan virus (Korean hemorrhagic fever), Seoul virus (hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome), Sin Nombre virus (hantavirus pulmonary syndrome). (mhmedical.com)
- With suckling mice used as an experimental model, P. caucasicus was infected with phlebotomus fever virus. (dtic.mil)
- The virus is present in the blood of the patient for two days, starting a day before the onset of fever. (hubpages.com)
- Specific diagnosis is established by the isolation of the virus from blood in the first few days of the fever or demonstration of rising titer of antibodies in serum. (hubpages.com)
- Gerrard SR , Li L , Barrett AD , Nichol ST . Ngari virus is a Bunyamwera virus reassortant that can be associated with large outbreaks of hemorrhagic fever in Africa. (cdc.gov)
- Rift Valley fever virus and Uukuniemi virus). (biomedcentral.com)
- Some infections (eg, West Nile virus infection , Colorado tick fever, dengue , Zika virus ) have been spread by blood transfusion or organ donation. (merckmanuals.com)
- Lassa fever virus can be transmitted from person to person. (merckmanuals.com)
- However, in 1967, the sandfly fever virus was isolated in Aurangabad from febrile cases. (wikipedia.org)
- Tanzania has experienced several Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV) epizootics or epidemics in different regions. (scielo.org.za)
- Colorado tick-borne virus is the only recognized pathogen in Orbivirus, causes Colorado tick fever & is spread by the wood tick. (paramedicsworld.com)
- The nonstructural (NS) protein, which is a major virulence factor for Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV), is encoded on the S-segment. (biomedcentral.com)
- En el presente trabajo se estandarizó una prueba inmunoenzimática indirecta (ELISA) para detectar anticuerpos IgG contra el virus en sueros humanos. (edu.pe)
- También se aplicó esta prueba en la determinación de la seroprevalencia de anticuerpos contra dicho virus en personas procedentes de Iquitos. (edu.pe)
- ELISA desarrollado para el virus Phlebotomus fever es aplicable para realizar estudios de prevalencia. (edu.pe)
- I concluded that the ELISA test developed for the Phlebotomus fever virus is applicable to perform prevalence studies. (edu.pe)
- Dans une premi re partie de l' tude, combinant chantillonnage de rongeurs, analyses s rologiques et s quen age du virus, nous avons ainsi mis en vidence des diff rences r gionales pid miologiques concernant la circulation de PUUV dans les populations de campagnols associ es ou non l'existence de cas humains. (ird.fr)
- The disease sets in with high fever, chills, rigor, body aches and severe vomiting. (hubpages.com)
- Fever is often an important indicator of infections or inflammations that may cause significant injury if left untreated. (tabers.com)
- Oroya fever and verruga peruana are infections caused by Bartonella bacilliformis . (merckmanuals.com)
- The unprecedented upsurge in the number of human West Nile fever infections in the summer of 2010 in south-eastern Europe was preceded by extreme hot spells in this region. (europa.eu)
- The disease may be mistaken with different diseases including malaria, influenza , and heat stroke and perhaps for other similar fever infectious diseases [ 5 ]. (imedpub.com)
- the transmitter of Bartonella organisms, the causal agent of Oroya fever. (drugs.com)
Suppression of fever and autistic disorders1
- yet some researchers have speculated about adverse effects of this common practice, e.g., whether there is a link to suppression of fever and autistic disorders. (tabers.com)
- mononucleosis Toxoplasmosis Meningococcemia Scarlet fever Rickettsial diseases Kawasaki disease Serum sickness Drug rashes 48. (symptoma.com)
- Sand fly fever is a known as vector borne diseases [ 1 ]. (imedpub.com)
- Military forces who have been in the endemic regions are also under risk and an outbreak of fever without a known source after returning home from an endemic area should raise the suspicion for sand fly fever and other possible vector -borne diseases. (imedpub.com)
- Rift Valley fever is a mosquito-borne zoonotic disease that affects both ruminants and humans. (biomedcentral.com)
Viral disease transmitted1
- Rift Valley fever (RVF) is a zoonotic viral disease transmitted by mosquitoes. (biomedcentral.com)
- Despite common beliefs, fever is not harmful except for patients who cannot tolerate its hypermetabolic effects, for some older patients in whom it can cause delirium, and for children with a history of febrile seizures. (tabers.com)
- Most human cases are characterized with self-limiting febrile illness, and less than 8 % of patients develop a more severe form of the disease, such as hemorrhagic fever, encephalitis, or retinitis. (biomedcentral.com)
- carried by the sand fly Phlebotomus . (britannica.com)
- Are There Any Other Serotypes of Sand Fly Fever That are Important in Terms of Public Health and They are Not Identified Yet? (imedpub.com)
- Tavana AM. Are there any other serotypes of sand fly fever that are important in terms of public health and they are not identified yet? (imedpub.com)
- Thus sand fly fever remains a significant health problem in different parts of the world (i.e. (imedpub.com)
- Sand fly fever is seen in a wide geographic area of the World. (imedpub.com)
- it may cause a severe clinical picture and need to be evaluated in the differential diagnosis of the patients presented with fever, myalgia and headache along with thrombocytopenia, leucopenia and elevated liver enzymes. (imedpub.com)
- Yu XJ , Liang MF , Zhang SY , Liu Y , Li JD , Sun YL , Fever with thrombocytopenia associated with a novel bunyavirus in China. (cdc.gov)
- Knowledge on the occurrence of sandfly-borne phleboviruses in Kenya and elsewhere in Africa can help to decipher their contributions in the etiologies of fevers of unknown origin in patients. (asm.org)
- Phlebotomus sergenti has been confirmed as the vector of CL caused by L. (thefreedictionary.com)
- while Phlebotomus sergenti is the vector.4 After 1 to 12 week incubation period the lesion appears as a red papule enlarging to nodule or plaque with a purple infiltrative border and central crust. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Main disease is Gambian fever or West African sleeping sickness the vector of which is Tsetse. (madhavakrishnaacademy.com)
- The implications of these and other recent data about the epidemiology of sandfly fever are discussed. (ajtmh.org)