The science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference and deals with the canons and criteria of validity in thought and demonstration. This system of reasoning is applicable to any branch of knowledge or study. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed & Sippl, Computer Dictionary, 4th ed)
Principles, models, and laws that apply to complex interrelationships and interdependencies of sets of linked components which form a functioning whole, a system. Any system may be composed of components which are systems in their own right (sub-systems), such as several organs within an individual organism.
An approach or process of practicing oral health care that requires the judicious integration of systematic assessments of clinical relevant scientific evidence, relating to the patient's oral and medical condition and history, with the dentist's clinical expertise and the patient's treatment needs and preferences. (from J Am Dent Assoc 134: 689, 2003)
Nursing Education Research
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Chronic mental disorders in which there has been an insidious development of a permanent and unshakeable delusional system (persecutory delusions or delusions of jealousy), accompanied by preservation of clear and orderly thinking. Emotional responses and behavior are consistent with the delusional state.
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
The attempt to improve the PHENOTYPES of future generations of the human population by fostering the reproduction of those with favorable phenotypes and GENOTYPES and hampering or preventing BREEDING by those with "undesirable" phenotypes and genotypes. The concept is largely discredited. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
Interviews as Topic
Theory of Mind
The ability to attribute mental states (e.g., beliefs, desires, feelings, intentions, thoughts, etc.) to self and to others, allowing an individual to understand and infer behavior on the basis of the mental states. Difference or deficit in theory of mind is associated with ASPERGER SYNDROME; AUTISTIC DISORDER; and SCHIZOPHRENIA, etc.
Mind-Body Relations, Metaphysical
The relation between the mind and the body in a religious, social, spiritual, behavioral, and metaphysical context. This concept is significant in the field of alternative medicine. It differs from the relationship between physiologic processes and behavior where the emphasis is on the body's physiology ( = PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGY).
Psychiatric Status Rating Scales
Students, Health Occupations
Biological Science Disciplines
All of the divisions of the natural sciences dealing with the various aspects of the phenomena of life and vital processes. The concept includes anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and biophysics, and the biology of animals, plants, and microorganisms. It should be differentiated from BIOLOGY, one of its subdivisions, concerned specifically with the origin and life processes of living organisms.
Delivery of Health Care
Healthy People Programs
Healthy People Programs are a set of health objectives to be used by governments, communities, professional organizations, and others to help develop programs to improve health. It builds on initiatives pursued over the past two decades beginning with the 1979 Surgeon General's Report, Healthy People, Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives, and Healthy People 2010. These established national health objectives and served as the basis for the development of state and community plans. These are administered by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). Similar programs are conducted by other national governments.
Autobiography as Topic
Education, Nursing, Baccalaureate
Analysis of Variance
An acquired organic mental disorder with loss of intellectual abilities of sufficient severity to interfere with social or occupational functioning. The dysfunction is multifaceted and involves memory, behavior, personality, judgment, attention, spatial relations, language, abstract thought, and other executive functions. The intellectual decline is usually progressive, and initially spares the level of consciousness.
The application of a concept to that which it is not literally the same but which suggests a resemblance and comparison. Medical metaphors were widespread in ancient literature; the description of a sick body was often used by ancient writers to define a critical condition of the State, in which one corrupt part can ruin the entire system. (From Med Secoli Arte Sci, 1990;2(3):abstract 331)
Schizotypal Personality Disorder
A personality disorder in which there are oddities of thought (magical thinking, paranoid ideation, suspiciousness), perception (illusions, depersonalization), speech (digressive, vague, overelaborate), and behavior (inappropriate affect in social interactions, frequently social isolation) that are not severe enough to characterize schizophrenia.
Public Health Nursing
A nursing specialty concerned with promoting and protecting the health of populations, using knowledge from nursing, social, and public health sciences to develop local, regional, state, and national health policy and research. It is population-focused and community-oriented, aimed at health promotion and disease prevention through educational, diagnostic, and preventive programs.
Health Services for the Aged
Quality of Life
A direct form of psychotherapy based on the interpretation of situations (cognitive structure of experiences) that determine how an individual feels and behaves. It is based on the premise that cognition, the process of acquiring knowledge and forming beliefs, is a primary determinant of mood and behavior. The therapy uses behavioral and verbal techniques to identify and correct negative thinking that is at the root of the aberrant behavior.
Health Services Accessibility
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Health Services Needs and Demand
Medicine, Chinese Traditional
Patient Care Planning
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
University of New England (Australia)
See also: List of University of New England (Australia) people. As of 2011[update] more than 106,000 people hold qualifications ... Believing and Thinking; Mathematics, Nonlinear and Complex Analysis ... Asia Pacific Region : Failing States - Rising States; Empowering People, Developing Infrastructure; Conflict and Governance; ...
Groups don't think; people think.. *Methodological subjectivism: in the explanation of economic phenomena, we have to go back ... Hazlitt's thinking was influenced by Mises. His book Economics in One Lesson (1946) sold over a million copies and he is ... Research in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology. 3: 225-235. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2013-10-05.. ... The Austrian School is a heterodox school of economic thought that is based on methodological individualism-the ...
Talk:World War II/Archive 38
Sure? think about again.... :-) Blablaaa (talk) 08:42, 15 April 2010 (UTC). Casualties of WWII - Only white people count?. This ... French people are far more forgiving than people in Eastern Europe, who took away land, expelled people, but still hate Germans ... i think i glantzs also dont thinks kursk is a crucial "turning point" like the article implys. like i already said this ... I think that the phote si very "nice" even if it is a staged photo. Your not going to find anything better.--Coldplay Expért ...
... experiencing emotions that match another person's emotions; discerning what another person is thinking or feeling; and ... Compassion is often defined as an emotion people feel when others are in need, which motivates people to help them. Sympathy is ... Pfeifer R, Bongard J (October 2006). How the Body Shapes the Way We Think: A New View of Intelligence. MIT Press.. ... People with borderline personality disorder have been shown to be very good at recognizing emotions in people's faces, ...
Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Fishes/Archive 3
What do people think? I stole the design from wikiproject elements. ManfromButtonwillow (talk) 21:32, 11 May 2010 (UTC) ... I also don't think things like the blank sections are any good. -innotata 21:44, 8 May 2010 (UTC). I don't think it's a good ... I think usage matters more than philosophy, and that no matter what there are strong arguments on both sides. I think sentence ... I don't mind it, though I don't think we really need it. -innotata 16:02, 20 May 2010 (UTC). WP:JCW help. There's a new WP:JCW ...
I think that's good. At least some people think so." "We are certainly putting more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere," he ... "Put a Tiger In Your Think Tank". Mother Jones. May 2005. Retrieved October 20, 2015.. ... And believe it or not, there are people in the world who believe we have gone too far in economic growth." ... In August 2007 Newsweek reported that in April 1998 a dozen people from what it called "the denial machine" met at the American ...
Super Mario RPG
You're NOT thinking of joining them, ARE YOU? This is sheer madness... You're a Princess! What will people say?! / Toadstool: I ... While attempting to stop the group, Mario is joined by Mallow, a cloud boy who thinks he is a tadpole; Geno, a doll possessed ... and Nimbus Land is an area inhabited by cloud people. Bowser's Castle is another prominent location in the game, as it holds ... a pathway that helps grant people's wishes), and crashes into Bowser's castle, sending Mario, Princess Toadstool, and Bowser ...
I think I will go'. 'I might go'. 'I am the kind of person, who goes'. Negation.  ... Person and Number. Dom has three different person-number-systems: for pronouns, possessive suffixes on nouns and ... Morpheme boundaries between person-number and mood morphemes can be combined. Syntax. Phrase Structure. Noun ... The Dom people live in an agricultural society, which has a tribal, patrilocal and patrilineal organization. There is only ...
Willingham, Emily; Myers, Jennifer Byde; Rosa, Shannon Des Roches; Greenburg, Carol (2011). Thinking Person's Guide To Autism. ... Willingham, Emily (2011). When Worlds Collide: The Troubled History of Bears and People in Texas. Amazon Digital Services.. ... "Is Autism an "Epidemic" or Are We Just Noticing More People Who Have It?". Discover. Retrieved 18 October 2013.. ...
Talk:Race and intelligence/Archive 19
If my doctor told me I had cancer I might ask another doctor for a second opinion, but I think I would want to go with people ... But it doesn't follow that the chart of IQs of black people/white people/tall people/people with big ears, relative to those ... I think we should add some mention of the fact the field is "disputed", not just "debated", what do you think? I think the ... What do you think? zen master T 02:49, 29 December 2005 (UTC). I think that judging by the way your question was formed I have ...
Talk:The Great Wave off Kanagawa
I think people are overthinking this. You don't "read" a print like this as you would printed text; you look at it. The print ... That might be their thinking (but of course it's just a guess).. Here are a couple of museums.. *The Great Wave at Kanagawa ( ... Those translations seem to refer to the people in the boats. -- JHP 00:35, 15 February 2007 (UTC). Don't know a convention for ... Funny, I was thinking the same thing Mr Turkey. There's a lot of unnecessary backgound for the reader to wade through before ...
"People in the Midwest are my people and I wanted to be back among them...And, of course, I don't have to tell you what I think ... Some people are calling it smart playing. I think it was disgraceful playing." ... "Why in the hell do you think I took the job?" Afterwards, a photographer noted, "I think that man truly believes he's the ... Harmon said, "Evy seemed to think right with Crisler...[A]s a linebacker, he had a fantastic instinct for smelling out the play ...
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Thinking/Feeling. The third continuum reflects a person's decision preferences. Thinking types desire objective truth and ... As noted already, people who prefer thinking do not necessarily, in the everyday sense, "think better" than their feeling ... emotional reactions than their thinking counterparts. In many cases, however, people who use thinking functions as either ... Two judging functions: thinking and feeling. According to Jung's typology model, each person uses one of these four functions ...
I think most people still believe New York to be the world's leading financial centre, and we would probably want to avoid ... "Most People May Already Be Immune to CRISPR". Popular Mechanics. 11 January 2018. Retrieved 12 January 2018.. ... People who are very close to a subject often have a distorted view of it, which may cause them to inadvertently edit in ways ... First off I think there would be so many disagreements and as your own comments above suggest, lots and lots of counter-claims ...
List of atheists in science and technology
And I think that it is rather foolish that people do think that there is one.". The Trouble with Atheism, UK Channel 4 TV. ... Most people think that mathematics is cold. But it's not at all! For me, the whole damn thing is sensual and exciting. I like ... I remarked to him what I thought then, and still think, that doing research must be the most wonderful thing in the world and ... Per wikipedia policy WP:BLPCAT, persons in this list are people (living or not) who have publicly identified themselves as ...
People thought cocaine was good for you." Murder claims. Theories surrounding Jones' death developed soon afterwards ... "Ode to L.A. While Thinking of Brian Jones, Deceased". People.nnov.ru. Archived from the original on 26 October 2013. Retrieved ... Scott Jones had traced many of the people who were at Brian Jones' house the night he died plus unseen police files held at the ... He was the last person to see Jones alive. Thorogood allegedly confessed the murder to the Rolling Stones' driver, Tom Keylock ...
Neil deGrasse Tyson: (Asked about the meaning of life) "I think people ask that question on the assumption that meaning is ... and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg ... Too many of us think it is impossible. Too many of us think it is unreal. But that is dangerous, defeatist belief. It leads to ... Don't want people to stop paying, do we?). *Require minimum down payment of 20% for all new home loans originated. This cannot ...
I think the Warrens have not met a house they didn't think was haunted. ... The houses that sincere people report they think ... "I've spoken to people who saw what they thought was a lake monster, got closer and discovered it was actually a line of otters ... They think maybe these people know what they're talking about. It's interesting that in every case of this, these were Catholic ... I don't like debunkers and I don't like dismissers, people who are just trying to say, "Oh, humbug ... Those people were ...
Central route, this route requires a thought process to occur, the content of the message is important. People think thoroughly ... It maps out the first encounters people may have with the brand and shows the different route people can take through the ... There is a larger significance on the person/people rather than appealing to a mass audience (Tynan, McKechnie, & Hartley, 2014 ... Not all aspects of CEM can be controlled by the business (e.g. other people and the influence they have). Besides, there is ...
"People think it's a cluster of junk. I see it as a cluster of possibilities. Each object gives a direction; each is a line ... The aim of art is to tidy up one's inner and exterior worlds." - Louis Pons discussing his paintings, but I think it applies to ... List of people known as father or mother of something - Bob cut - Charles Atlas - Chattanooga Choo Choo - Colo (gorilla) - ... Displaced person - Abdullah Gan - Haji Gilani - Durand line - Viktor Karpukhin - Zalmay Khalilzad - Juma Khan - List of Afghan ...
Churches Together in England
Sarmiento, Simon (22 November 2019). "CTE blocks appointment of person in same-sex marriage". Thinking Anglicans. Retrieved 22 ... Most county bodies have a person appointed by the network of regional church leaders. These people are known as 'County ... Churches Together in England issued a call to prayer during the COVID-19 pandemic, inviting all Christians and people of prayer ...
Patriot Alliance Association
Cole, J. Michael (16 August 2014). "Who's Waving Those PRC Flags (and Beating People Up) at Taipei 101?". Thinking Taiwan. Min- ... People and Power, Al Jazeera English, September 2018 J. Michael Cole: China Acting on 'Lebanonization' Threat Against Taiwan. ...
No Land! No House! No Vote! (book)
"Review: Street people book their place on library shelf". Cape Argus. "No Land! No House! No Vote!: Voices from Symphony Way". ... "No Land! No House! No Vote!". Thinking Africa. Archived from the original on 26 March 2012. Retrieved 2 July 2011. CT to evict ... Street people book their place on library shelf by Jeanne Hromnik, published in the Cape Argus, 25 May 2011 Review of No Land! ... Thinking Africa.[dead link] "No Land! No House! No Vote! Voices from Symphony Way". LibCom. Archived from the original on 27 ...
Another enslaved person, Solomon Northup (who was later freed), wrote about her in his book Twelve Years a Slave. The book was ... Thinking Progress. Retrieved 20 September 2014. "12 Years a Slave: History vs Hollywood". History vs. Hollywood. 2013. ... List of people who disappeared Rosenberg, Alyssa (4 March 2014). "What Happened To Solmon Northup And Patsey After The Events ...
Jack A. Cole
"Christians Against Prohibition: Part 1 Jack Cole at Cannabis Colloquium". Thinking CAP. February 1, 2012. "The Angel Clark Show ... More and more people are asking Jack Cole how that transformation came about". The Guardian. "Drug war takes a flying LEAP". ...
Glossary of French expressions in English
... and can be used either for people or things. For people, it rather refers to a person who does not use make-up or artificial ... "I've always thought Anne Boleyn was a bit of a madame. She thought she could get away with anything," "Interview of Keith ... "poser": a person who pretends to be something he is not; an affected or insincere person; a wannabe. pot-au-feu stew, soup. ... Honi soit qui mal y pense "Shamed be he who thinks ill of it"; or sometimes translated as "Evil be to him who evil thinks"; the ...
Making a New People: Education in Revolutionary Cuba. Toronto: New Star Books. ISBN 0919573479 MacDonald, T.H. 1986. Thinking ...
South China Sea
Do we want to develop 12 aircraft carriers to compete with the United States? I think this kind of thinking is wrong. We can't ... If we sink an aircraft carrier, it will kill 5,000 people; if we sink two ships, we kill 10,000 people.. ... Both People's Republic of China (PRC) and the Republic of China (ROC, commonly known as Taiwan) claim almost the entire body as ... States and territories with borders on the sea (clockwise from north) include: the People's Republic of China, Republic of ...
Simplified Chinese characters
For example, it prints versions of the People's Daily in Traditional characters and both the People's Daily and Xinhua websites ... The slogan 战无不胜的毛泽东思想万岁! (Zhàn wúbù shèng de Máo Zédōng sīxiǎng wànsuì!; Long live the invincible Mao Zedong Thought!) on ... Government of the People's Republic of China. 2013-08-19.. *^ Yen, Yuehping.  (2005). Calligraphy and Power in ... People's Republic of China. The PRC issued its first round of official character simplifications in two documents, the ...
Default mode network
It is also active when the individual is thinking about others, thinking about themselves, remembering the past, and planning ... Studies have shown that when people watch a movie, listen to a story, or read a story, their DMNs are highly ... DMN is thought to be disrupted in individuals with autism spectrum disorder. These individual are impaired in social ... People with Alzheimer's disease show a reduction in glucose (energy use) within the areas of the default mode network. These ...
Socialist Sunday School
a b c Patti McGill Peterson, The Young Socialist Movement in America from 1905 to 1940: A Study of the Young People's Socialist ... Do not think that he who loves his own country must hate and despise other nations, or wish for war, which is a remnant of ... Observe and think in order to discover the truth. Do not believe what is contrary to reason and never deceive yourself or ... "Young People's Department," headed by William Kruse, published an organizing manual for party locals seeking to establish ...
2009-10 United States network television schedule
Persons Unknown. *The Sing-Off. *Trauma. *Who Do You Think You Are? ... Persons Unknown Law & Order: Criminal Intent (R) Law & Order: Criminal Intent (R) ... Who Do You Think You Are? - Renewed for a second season on April 5, 2010. ... "FOX thinks 'Cleveland' rocks". Zap2it. Retrieved February 6, 2014.. *^ "Season 9 Family Guy premiere in HD". Archived from the ...
Cannot be used as between-subjects comparison due to the wide variations in blood flow and skull thickness from one person to ... The prefrontal cortex is thought essential for all goal-directed and socially-mediated behavior. The PFC is an ideal target for ... High variability in red light activity (large range from low to high output) is typically characteristic of people with ...
... the cluster of traits most commonly thought to be observed in people of any given culture. ... They want to encourage all these types of people to join together and not fight amongst themselves. "[A]ll the peoples of the ... For her, the greatest taboos in life were crying in front of people and showing expressions of pain. She reminisced, "I did ... We should not try to evaluate people by our standards alone. Morality, she argued, was relative to the values of the culture in ...
100,000,000 Guinea Pigs
Many people were shocked at the extent of food contamination and drug side-effects, and 100,000,000 Guinea Pigs, along with ... Today, many of the authors' scientific conclusions are indeed thought to have been mistaken. For example, they claimed that ...
I noticed you put him under living people-do we have any sources of him being still alive? (Well some people put living people ... I think all tidied up now. Eno Lirpa (talk) 14:47, 1 November 2016 (UTC). ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!. Hello ... Thanks for adding the ref for Raymonde Veber Jones, there have been tons of times where I've seen people add living people ... If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking ...
In the United States, trade unions were formed based on power with the people, not over the people like the government at the ... but their way of thinking was the one that endured down the centuries, inspiring evolutions and advances in thinking which ... Social Thought and Action, 1914-1965 (2015). online review. *Mommsen, Wolfgang J., and Hans-Gerhard Husung, eds. The ... A closed shop (US) or a "pre-entry closed shop" (UK) employs only people who are already union members. The compulsory hiring ...
Liquefied natural gas
experienced a failure of an LNG tank. 128 people perished in the explosion and fire. The tank did not have a dike ... Furthermore, the development of LNG storage also introduced a reliability in networks which was previously thought impossible. ...
Talk:United States Information Agency
... peoples, and cultures beyond national borders, influencing the way groups and peoples in other countries think about foreign ... with US money to US people. He therefore confirmed that other countries' people were subjected to propaganda to influence them ... I think that the menion of Bill Clinton as a Fulbright recipient is incorrect. Clinton received a Fulbright Prize from the ... So unless you think every free concert/culture event on Dupont Circle constitutes propaganda intended to brainwash unsuspecting ...
People usually have two or three meals a day regularly. Snacks of smaller amounts may be consumed between meals. Doctors in the ... Kleptoparasitism is thought to be a supplement to food obtained by hunting, rather than a significant part of any species' diet ... Calorie requirements for regular person estimated at 2000 kcal *^ Micheals, Jullian. "FitWatch - Free Online Calorie Counter & ... Most societies also have restaurants, food courts, and food vendors so that people may eat when away from home, when lacking ...
... into trouble with groups like Treatment Action Group who thought that accelerated drug approval was not beneficial for people ... 650,000 to 900,000 people were infected with the virus, and Merck could only provide drugs for about 25,000 to 30,000 people. ... After 38 weeks, 6% of the people in the three-drug group died while 11% of the people died in the two-drug group. There were ... Many people were skeptical of being too hopeful with indinavir due to previous events that occurred with AZT. Viral resistance ...
A belief that a substance that causes the symptoms of a disease in healthy people cures similar symptoms in sick people.[n 8] ... "Alternative Medicine: Think yourself better". The Economist. 2011-05-19. pp. 83-84. Archived from the original on 2011-05-22.. ... highly educated people (for this is the average user profile) so hungry for phytotherapy?... people still believe that 'natural ... "People are told lies. There are 40 million websites and 39.9 million tell lies, sometimes outrageous lies. They mislead cancer ...
Quantitative trait locus
Once that is determined, the question must be answered: if two people have the required genes, why are there differences in ... Instead the contributions of each involved locus are thought to be additive. Writers have distinguished this kind of ... Several genes factor into determining a person's natural skin color, so modifying only one of those genes can change skin color ... summarized contemporary thinking about the genetic basis of quantitative natural variation: "As genetic studies continued, ever ...
... people and the "new" people. It was never Pol Pot and the party's intention to exterminate all "new" people although the ... Short also thought that the Khmer Rouge's ideology stood apart from other forms of Marxism due to its "monastic stress on ... By the spring of 1977, 1000 people were being sent there each month. Between 15,000 and 20,000 people would be killed at S ... "Khmer People's Revolutionary Party (KPRP)". Global Security. Retrieved 4 July 2020.. *^ Chandler 1992, p. 7; Short 2004, p. 15. ...
... of Hindu people and their culture and emphasised that political and economic systems should be based on native thought rather ... The State changes as the political authority shifts from person to person or party to party. But the people in the Nation ... Guneratne, Arjun (2002). Many Tongues, One People: The Making of Tharu Identity in Nepal. Cornell University Press. ISBN ... The Bengali Hindu Homeland Movement refers to the movement of the Bengali Hindu people for the Partition of Bengal in 1947 to ...
Chi's Sweet Home
"Chi Thinks". Transcription: "Chi, atama o tsukau" (Japanese: チー、頭をつかう。). July 28, 2008 (2008-07-28). ... "Chi Scares People". Transcription: "Chi, kowagara su" (Japanese: チー、こわがらす。). August 13, 2009 (2009-08-13). ... Chi thinks that everything Yohei plays with is prey. So, Yohei tries to find things Chi will not like, but only makes Chi ... Chi gets her gets a taste of milk an ends up wanting more so she tries to think of a way to get more, but ends up eventually ...
That is how people learn Cuban music outside Cuba." In non-Cuban music. Controversy over use and origins. ... We feel it, we don't talk about such things." In another book, Santamaría said, "In Cuba, we don't think about [clave]. We ... Bell 2 is used in afoxê and can be thought of as pattern 1 embellished with four additional strokes. Bell 3 is used in batucada ... Pattern 4 is the maracatu bell and can be thought of as pattern 1 embellished with four additional strokes. ...
Sneaky Pete Kleinow
And no one else thinks like him anyway." In addition to favoring atypical tunings, Kleinow liberally incorporated such ... "Power to the People. *"Happy Xmas (War Is Over)". *"Woman Is the Nigger of the World" ...
Stover, thinking he had been hired as a trumpeter, began playing with the band with no comment from Wills. Young sax player Zeb ... Wolff, Country Music, "Big Balls In Cowtown: Western Swing From Fort Worth To Fresno", p. 29: If any single person deserves to ... Bob could draw "a thousand people on Monday night between 1950 and 1952, but he could not do that by 1956. Entertainment habits ... Wills and the Texas Playboys played dances throughout the West to more than 10,000 people every week. They held dance ...
"He walked in on me playing it and I thought, 'Shit!' said Hardcastle. "But he said, 'That's fokken great - we're keeping that ... Black people in Ireland. *List of people on the postage stamps of Ireland ...
It spreads by direct person-to-person contact via respiratory droplets and by autoinoculation in persons carrying the bacteria ... Wainer H (2014). Medical Illuminations: Using Evidence, Visualization and Statistical Thinking to Improve Healthcare. Oxford ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
I don't even think we can say that all five murders were committed by the same person (/group of people). I am a little ... Is that because he's old? I think he should be there, since he's one of the most well known and influential people in music. ... God what a world we live in if people elsewhere think it's routine. Jooler 14:07, 15 December 2006 (UTC) *Of course it's common ... I think that this is a developing story that can become the start of something huge but I think perhaps it's best to hold off ...
The Big Bang (Doctor Who)
Moffat thought that standing guard for two thousand years would make up for shooting her. Moffat had always intended for Amy ... Wenger later stated that Smith was "one of the few people who can pull off a fez". ... "I thought it was just a great, fun, funny, witty episode. I was proud of that." ... he thought it felt "like a letdown after last week's superb 'Pandorica Opens'". Zap2it's Sam McPherson gave it an A and ...
... for the second person singular and "vos" for the second person plural. There are formal ways of addressing directly people " ... the vindication of Galician as an independent language is generally associated with more conservative political thought linked ... It is spoken by some 2.4 million people, mainly in Galicia, an autonomous community located in northwestern Spain, where it is ... Galician is spoken by some three million people, including most of the population of Galicia and the numerous Galician ...
I never thought I'd have one of those." Sullivan had a signature ability called "the double-ride thing" or "The Double ... American people of Irish descent. *Avenged Sevenfold members. *Drug-related deaths in California ...
"Think I've managed to persuade UEA to ignore all further FOIA requests if the people have anything to do with Climate Audit," ... I think it was a mistake for them to in effect adopt a fatwa against Climate Audit,' says McIntyre."  ... "If a single person can be credited with setting the stage for Climategate, it's Stephen McIntyre, the retired mining consultant ...
By this thought, asthma has different chromosomal locations in people of European, Hispanic, Asian, and African descent. ... Researchers believe that there are parallels that can be drawn between these animal trials and persistent pain in people. For ... people suffering from temporal lobe epilepsy report symptoms of negative effects such as anxiety and depression that might ... There is a school of thought that believes that there are different genetic loci for different ethnicities for the same ...
List of political parties in China
People's Liberation Army Theater commands. People's Armed Police China Coast Guard. Militia. ... Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era Chinese Dream. Four Comprehensives. ... "The National People's Congress of the People's Republic of China". npc.gov.cn. 2007-11-15. Archived from the original on 2016- ... List of Democratic Parties - People's Daily. *Profile of Democratic Parties - Chinese People's Political Consultative ...
Berg, Linda (23 March 2007). Introductory Botany: Plants, People, and the Environment, Media Edition. Cengage Learning. ISBN ... They were once thought to be typical examples of pattern formation through ramification, but they may instead exemplify a ... Red anthocyanin pigments are now thought to be produced in the leaf as it dies, possibly to mask the yellow hue left when the ... The term has been used as synonymous with acrodromous, palmate-acrodromous or suprabasal acrodromous, and is thought to be too ...
The infected person should be in barrier-isolation from other people. All equipment, medical waste, patient waste and ... EBOV is thought to infect humans through contact with mucous membranes or skin breaks. After infection, endothelial cells ( ... encounter with a person showing symptoms; but not within three feet of the person with Ebola without wearing PPE; and no direct ... Four people died, and four people survived; five of these eight cases were laboratory-confirmed. A total of 583 contacts were ...
Design thinking in pensions: Putting people at the heart of design
7. Design thinking puts people at the heart of the process by working with stakeholders to understand their interactions with ... Design thinking in pensions: Putting people at the heart of design * 1. Copyright © 2018 Accenture All rights reserved. ... EVERY STEP OF THE PENSIONS JOURNEY Design thinking looks at each touchpoint and puts the person at the center to understand ... PEOPLE ARE CHANGING EVERY 6 MINUTES PEOPLE CHECK THEIR SMART PHONES1 85% OF CITIZENS EXPECT THE SAME OR HIGHER QUALITY DIGITAL ...
CPR survival rates are lower than most people think | Reuters
The majority of people believe cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is successful more often than it tends to be in reality, ... "People think about CPR as a miracle, but its another medical act," said Dr. Juan Ruiz-Garcia of Hospital Universitario de ... "Many people felt if a person was successfully revived, they would return to normal rather than possibly needing lifelong care ... "We think it is best to have the latest and most accurate information when dealing with this life-impacting decision, whether or ...
World Full of Great People | Pioneer Thinking
How to Stop Giving a [email protected]$% What People Think
... we live our lives caring what other people think of us. Its exhausting. Its dreadful. It has to stop. ... We go through our days thinking about how other people might be judging us. But the truth is - those people are thinking the ... Theyre the only people that matter.. You reap what you sow. Worrying too much about what other people think can become a self- ... Rather than watching the actual performers, most people are looking around to see how other people are reacting. If people were ...
Pathologizing Normal People? - Big Think
Copyright 2007-2018 & BIG THINK, BIG THINK EDGE, SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved. ... Photo: Shutterstock / Big Think Personal Growth *A recent study from the Department of Health and Human Services found that 80 ... re-connecting people across the lines of division in local communities all the way to. building a renewed sense of national ... Young people seeking an education are given a disservice when fed biased ideology, even if such ideology is presented with the ...
Critical Thinking: Is The Purpose Of The Coronavirus To Terrorise People?
These people, after all, are there to serve and to protect.. This is then no different to how a parent would do what they think ... Although people like this will be happy to get back out into the world, there are others that have a different outlook. Another ... One way of looking at this would be to say that the people in power didnt know any better and did what they could to protect ... Now, while it would be easy to label people like this as having an irrational fear of the Coronavirus, to say that it is an ...
Alzheimer's disease affects 'twice as many people' as experts thought
... that many more people are probably already living with it without having a formal diagnosis. ... just like a lot more people have hypertension than have had a stroke, or a lot more people have diabetes than people who have ... Tests on 2,500 people have shown that double the number of people have telltale signs of protein plaques and tangles in the ... Alzheimers disease affects twice as many people as experts thought By Miranda Larbi, The Sun ...
Thinking About Money Makes You A Better Person - Business Insider
It seems, then, that thinking about time has the opposite effect on people from thinking about money. It makes them more honest ... I am thinking about who I am as a person." As in the previous tests, those primed with money words cheated more often than ... but dozens of psychological studies have indeed shown that people primed to think about money before an experiment are more ... Those primed to think about time cheated 32% of the time in the presence of the mirror and 36% in its absence-results that are ...
Confessions Of A Cyberchondriac - Internet Making People Think They're Sick | Techdirt
Internet Making People Think Theyre Sick. from the people-getting-sick dept. Ive heard stories of people in medical school ... I thought I had strep throat, so I look up info on the web. By the time I was done I was convinced that I had rheumatic fever. ... My wife thought she was having a heart attack back in the beginning of September, 03. After going through her stem to stern, ... aNonMooseCowherd writes in with a link to a story about the rise of cyberchondriacs - people who are spending all their time ...
Vaccine distribution isn't as easy as Trump wants people to think
... and the CDC chief warned states need billions of dollars more to ensure people get shots. ... Vaccine distribution isnt as easy as Trump wants people to think State officials say theyre still in the dark about key ... pointing to the effort to inoculate people against H1N1 flu roughly a decade ago. States are also building off the federal ... details, and the CDC chief warned states need billions of dollars more to ensure people get shots. ...
Self-Consciousness | Evans on First-Person Thought (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Evans on First-Person Thought. The account of first-person thought put forward in Evans (1982: ch.7) has been highly ... one may suffer from the illusion of first-person thought. That is, it may seem "from within" as though one is thinking about ... On this picture, an account of first-person thought will be incomplete without a specification of exactly which information ... I will be disposed to think "I have a headache", with no requirement that I identify the person who has the headache as me. ...
A Europe without internal borders? Free movement of persons - Think Tank
Tuberculosis epidemic much worse than people think - WHO - RT World News
Tuberculosis epidemic much worse than people think - WHO 23 Oct, 2014 12:55 ... A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2013. Although the global mortality rate has declined by 45 percent since 1990, ... Back in the day tuberculosis (TB) was known as the white plague for its tendency to make people skinny and pale, accompanied ... The danger with late diagnoses is prevalent because TB spreads by air and can live inside a person for years before symptoms ...
Heat Waves Make It Hard for People to Think, Scientists Find
'I think Sweden wants people to succeed' - The...
"But I think that especially on Södermalm (Stockholms hipster haven island), people want vibrance. We have music playing, and ... Whats more, he says, "I think Sweden wants people to succeed - they encourage work-life balance and doing whats right for you ... But Im out there every day on the streets where some people claim its no longer safe to go - I mix with people from all walks ... "Exaggerated media reports seem to have affected people recently; it can feel like people have become less open and trusting. ...
65% of young people think marriage, childbirth unnecessary: survey
More than six out of 10 people in their 20s to 30s do not see marriage and childbirth as necessary, mainly because of financial ... A survey shows 65.2 percent of people in their 20s to 30s think marriage and childbirth are unnecessary. / Gettyimagesbank. ... More than six out of 10 people in their 20s to 30s do not see marriage and childbirth as necessary, mainly because of financial ... According to the survey of 900 people in the age group by online job portal Incruit and part-time job app Albacall, 65.2 ...
The Super Toxic Work Trait Most People Think Is Healthy-Spoiler: It's Not
Want to Be Happy? Think Like an Old Person - The New York Times
So I think we need to ask ourselves why. Because I think if everybody will be Jonas Mekas one day, the world will be saved. We ... Want to Be Happy? Think Like an Old Person. By JOHN LELAND. DEC. 29, 2017. ... Wong said, "I try not to think about bad things. Its not good for old people to complain." ... But finally it did: If you want to be happy, learn to think like an old person. ...
Vitaminwater Pressured To Pay People Who Thought It Was A Health Drink | HuffPost
10 to anyone whos ever bought a Red Bull to settle claims that it misled customers into thinking the e... ... Vitaminwater Pressured To Pay People Who Thought It Was A Health Drink. ... Vitaminwater Pressured To Pay People Who Thought It Was A Health Drink ... is trying to get compensation for people who bought Vitaminwater thinking it was more healthful than it actually is. To do this ...
Business travel will 'snap back' sooner than people think: real estate finance CEO
"So I think there is a disconnect right now where people say were going to be in this operating environment indefinitely. I ... Business travel will snap back sooner than people think: real estate finance CEO. Melody Hahm. ·West Coast Correspondent ... "A lot of people said the overnight business trip to go win a deal or meet with a recruit or meet with your team is a thing of ... Coronavirus has spawned a pet boom in the UK, as people took advantage of stay-at-home orders to settle in a new animal. ...
People of Light and Darkness - Big Think
Copyright 2007-2018 & BIG THINK, BIG THINK EDGE, SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved. ... But there are at least as many people who proudly uphold the banner of ignorance; people whose god is small and ignorant, and ... Granted, there are many nominally religious people who are humanists in all but name: people who practice an enlightened and ... This discovery is a moment that people all around the world can and should take pride in. Its what human beings at our best ...
People Think I Am Crazy - Celiac.com
People Think I Am Crazy By mich56, October 30, 2007. in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms ... Like all the other people in my life that say I am full of it and looking for attention!! F**k people, this is real!! I have ... Like all the other people in my life that say I am full of it and looking for attention!! F**k people, this is real!! I have ... The British Medical Journal even has articles about old people and obese people getting celiac, both of these groups are quite ...
Bold Thinking to Improve People's Lives | Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.. Copyright Abt Associates Inc. 2018 ...
Bold Thinking to Improve People's Lives | Abt Associates
The Private Health Sector Program (PHSP), funded by the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Abt Associates, supports the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health and Regional Health Bureaus to include the private health sector as an indispensable component of the national health care delivery system. To achieve this end, PHSP advocates for an enabling policy environment that fosters patient-centered public private partnerships and integration of key public health services into private sector services ...
Nail salon creates LIVE INSECT manicure - and people think it's animal cruelty
They are subsequently freed but people on social media have blasted the salon for such unnecessary cruelty, saying the ants ... Nail salon creates LIVE INSECT manicure - and people think its animal cruelty. Ants can be seen crawling around in a womans ... In a subsequent video the ants are released from the nails, but people were still unhappy. ...
People can handle the truth (more than you think) - Times of India
At the same time, they frequently avoid being honest with people in their everyday lives. ... Most people value the moral principle of honesty. ... People can handle the truth (more than you think). *. Celebrate ... "We think offering critical feedback or opening up about our secrets will be uncomfortable for both us and the people with whom ... People can handle the truth (more than you think). Share this on: FacebookTwitterPintrest ...
'Exploding Head Syndrome' in Young People More Common Than...
... a psychological event in which a person is startled awake by a loud noise, or ... A surprisingly high number of young people experience exploding head syndrome, ... Some people are so alarmed by the event that they dont even tell their spouse, he said. "They may think theyre going crazy ... Although it typically lasts only a few seconds, exploding head syndrome can make people think theyre having a seizure or a ...
Help for People Who Are Thinking About Suicide - American Family Physician
Why do people commit suicide?. There is no one reason why people start thinking about suicide; however, depression and other ... 6(March 15, 2012) / Help for People Who Are Thinking About Suicide ... A person viewing it online may make one printout of the material and may use that printout only for his or her personal, non- ... Many people who know someone who committed suicide blame themselves or are angry, but you are not to blame. After someone you ...
Extend to Each Person - Og Mandino | Pioneer Thinking
... and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.~ Og Mandino ... Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can ... "Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can ... muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again." ...
This New Study Is Changing the Way People Think About Elections - Mother Jones
Exploding head syn2020People's1,000 peopleSuicidal thoughtsWorldInstagramTimeSymptomsPoisonousTendCognitionPercentage of the peWorsePracticePersonalityProcessesIncorrectlyResponsesAffectsUnhealthyInequalityStudyConsiderationsDependsFoundResearchersFeelBrainSufferSkinnyNeuronsCatalogDiabetesDefectUnhappyGoodSocialEssayDespairFindOccursBeliefScientistsLifeAlzheimer'sMainPandemicRacialRealizeDisorderShowsMake people thinkInevitableMakesStartBackSuicideContrastTherapistMillionTimesEvidenceGreatYoung peopleHealthierCommonNewsWorkFindingsToughStops
Exploding head syn4
- A surprisingly high number of young people experience "exploding head syndrome," a psychological event in which a person is startled awake by a loud noise , or even the sensation of an explosion in the head, according to a new study by researchers at Washington State. (psychcentral.com)
- Based on smaller, less rigorous studies, some researchers had previously hypothesized that exploding head syndrome is a rare condition found mostly in people older than 50. (psychcentral.com)
- As he began reviewing the scientific literature on the disorder for the journal Sleep Medicine Reviews , Sharpless began to wonder if perhaps exploding head syndrome was a lot more common than thought. (psychcentral.com)
- Although it typically lasts only a few seconds, exploding head syndrome can make people think they're having a seizure or a subarachnoid hemorrhage, said Sharpless. (psychcentral.com)
- The Horizon 2020-funded PROMISS project works for understanding the interactions between malnutrition, appetite, changes in smell or taste, and physical activity among older persons living at home, and will identify older persons' needs and preferences regarding nutrition and physical activity. (age-platform.eu)
- at Think Better, Live Better 2020 . (marcandangel.com)
- Anyway, here's my point: People often judge other people's intelligence in the same category at their own, and vice-versa. (everything2.com)
- However, the outspoken social media fan refused to take people's suggestions lying down and hit out at people for jumping to conclusions. (contactmusic.com)
- In conclusion, people have different opinions about whether to support education so as to reduce people's consumption of fast food. (google.com)
- It really is thorough in its ability to rip apart the bogus arguments people use to control other people's bodies and enslave them. (anarchistnews.org)
- At CERN itself, 1,000 people stood in line all night to get into the auditorium, according to Guido Tonelli, a CERN physicist who said the atmosphere was like a rock concert. (bigthink.com)
- I don't know the validity of those numbers, but its better than these polls of a 1,000 people that are plastered all over the MSM showing a 50/50 race between 2 candidates with records I believe are not presidential material. (abovetopsecret.com)
- A poll of 1,000 people are essentially worthless. (abovetopsecret.com)
- We would have a world full of great people if every person were as great as their dog thought they were. (pioneerthinking.com)
- It is a sad but simple truth that the average person filters their world through their ego, meaning that they think of most things relating to "me" or "my. (thenextweb.com)
- Although people like this will be happy to get back out into the world, there are others that have a different outlook. (selfgrowth.com)
- This discovery is a moment that people all around the world can and should take pride in. (bigthink.com)
- We live in a complex world with diverse people, firms, and governments whose behaviors aggregate to produce novel, unexpected phenomena. (coursera.org)
- Depression is one of the most common mental disorders affecting approximately 340 million people in the world. (medindia.net)
- If there are seven billion people in the world, about 21 million can join Mensa . (everything2.com)
- The algorithm will target two of the most common eye diseases: age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy, which affect more than 100 million people around the world . (lifeboat.com)
- To a lot many people life gets stagnated and they keep acting their role on the stage of the world attuning themselves to the socially defined happiness, pretending to be happy, acting knowingly or unknowingly like a happy person. (hubpages.com)
- Most people think the world is more dangerous today than it was two years ago as concerns rise over politically motivated violence and weapons of mass destruction, according to a survey released Tuesday. (voanews.com)
- Pica, a disorder in which people eat non-food items, may be more prevalent than previously thought with geophagy, or eating soil or clay, more prevalent in Madagascar and other parts of the world, a new study by Harvard researchers reveals. (medindia.net)
- It is not my fault that people want to prick wave their way to the top and fight over things that we as a world really don't need anymore. (fluther.com)
- People like to believe the end of the world is coming because it comforts them, they have nothing to worry about, and time will not continue without them. (fluther.com)
- I do think this society is headed for an end of some sort, but I don't think it'll be an end to the world. (fluther.com)
- But the cost of compliance just to the United States would be higher than the cost of providing the entire world with clean drinking water and sanitation, which would prevent 2 million deaths (from diseases like infant diarrhea) a year and prevent half a billion people from becoming seriously ill each year. (davidswanson.org)
- 1.-Will never advocates for providing the world with clean water and sanitation, any more than hotel and restaurant "think tanks" actually work for the social programs they claim would work better than a decent minimum wage. (davidswanson.org)
- Follow Holly on Instagram or read more articles from Holly on Thought Catalog . (thoughtcatalog.com)
- IT'S TIME FOR DESIGN THINKING Human centered: Gains empathy and understanding through direct observation and research. (slideshare.net)
- No one in today's "smartphone crazed" society has time in their schedule to think more than a brief second about us. (thenextweb.com)
- This means that unless you have done something that directly affects another person or their life, they are not going to spend much time thinking about you at all. (thenextweb.com)
- Furthermore, this is a time where people have been told to trade freedom for safety, to trust the experts in the know, and to believe everything their government comes out with. (selfgrowth.com)
- Volunteers primed to think about money cheated 39% of the time when a mirror was present but 67% when it was not. (businessinsider.com)
- Those primed to think about time cheated 32% of the time in the presence of the mirror and 36% in its absence-results that are statistically indistinguishable. (businessinsider.com)
- It seems, then, that thinking about time has the opposite effect on people from thinking about money. (businessinsider.com)
- aNonMooseCowherd writes in with a link to a story about the rise of cyberchondriacs - people who are spending all their time researching diseases they believe they have. (techdirt.com)
- On Evans' view, then, a functional account of the first-person concept modelled on "here" rather than on "this" offers a compelling response to Anscombe's (1975) sensory deprivation argument since neither "here"-thoughts nor "I"-thoughts require the actual presentation of their object (one's location and oneself respectively) at the time of their use. (stanford.edu)
- According to the survey of 900 people in the age group by online job portal Incruit and part-time job app Albacall, 65.2 percent of them said marriage and childbirth are unnecessary, regardless of whether they themselves are married or have children. (koreatimes.co.kr)
- At the same time, they frequently avoid being honest with people in their everyday lives. (indiatimes.com)
- We talk about race, or avoid talking about it, all the time…but few of us really stop and think about what race really is, and importantly, what it is not. (psychologytoday.com)
- Research that follows people over time finds that people who get married typically become more insular than they were when they were single, even if they don't have kids. (yourtango.com)
- In fact, the only difference favored single people: They had more contact with their parents and spent more time with their friends. (yourtango.com)
- Rock Me to Sleep" (Benny Carter, Paul Vandervoort) - 5:09 "People" (Jule Styne, Bob Merrill) - 5:18 "Thinking of You" (Harry Ruby, Bert Kalmar) - 4:53 "I Didn't Know What Time It Was" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) - 6:54 "Brazilian Emerald" (Peter Hand) - 3:30 "Why Did I Choose You? (wikipedia.org)
- I spend so much time thinking about the way my anxiety hurts me - but it also hurts the people I love the most. (thoughtcatalog.com)
- As you might have guessed, The Post actress has an amazing theory as to why she believes people have such a difficult time letting her relationship go. (inquisitr.com)
- To begin with, despite being aware of the negative effects of fast food, many people who are too busy persist to eat it due to its being convenient and time-saving. (google.com)
- Lately he had been spending much time in quiet dull thought. (aucklandartgallery.com)
- It tells a semi-mythical history of the waves of people who settled in Ireland in earliest time. (sott.net)
- When is the first time an anorexic person faints? (answers.com)
- A person knows they are attracted to someone if they cannot seem to spend enough time with that person, and they feel 'butterflies' in their stomach whenever that person is around. (answers.com)
- But most of the time particularly when it comes to complex construction projects - decisions and thought processes are not clean-cut. (osborne.co.uk)
- Classically defined Alzheimer's undercounts people who have the pathology but do not have symptoms," he said. (nypost.com)
- A lot more people have the disease but do not have symptoms, just like a lot more people have hypertension than have had a stroke, or a lot more people have diabetes than people who have gone blind. (nypost.com)
- I've heard stories of people in medical school who, as they study each new disease, suddenly notice that they have the symptoms particular to that disease. (techdirt.com)
- The danger with late diagnoses is prevalent because TB spreads by air and can live inside a person for years before symptoms begin to show up. (rt.com)
- I don't know of any family member with celiac, however, with all the symptoms that present itself with celiac, I can say that many people in my family could possibly have it as well. (celiac.com)
- I have just been thinking about the huge impact that this could have on companies, a huge savings in medical expenses, as I see all the people at my company with symptoms. (celiac.com)
- PaulFDavis.com transforming a bad attitude, stinking thinking & confronting poisonous people. (goodreads.com)
- In the end, about the only disease these people tend to have is "health anxiety" (apparently the modern name for hypochondria) with a high tech twist. (techdirt.com)
- People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. (everything2.com)
- Quality sleep is closely linked to healthy aging , and while some people assume that older adults tend to get less sleep than the younger population, new research suggests that's not the case. (ericksonliving.com)
- The results run counter to the commonly held belief that people tend to sleep less once they get older. (ericksonliving.com)
- It is a reality, the first of many lines of research into ways to improve cognition for people with Down syndrome. (ncregister.com)
Percentage of the pe1
- We just assume that people moved if the percentage of the people like them in their neighborhood fell below some threshold. (coursera.org)
- Like most of the words on this list, "nuclear" is spelled EXACTLY AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PRONOUNCED and yet, people continue to screw it up worse than the War in Iraq. (fark.com)
- What did they do or make or write or say or show or prove or all of the above that encouraged your anarchist thought and practice? (anarchistnews.org)
- One solid result of cognitive psychology, or so it would seem, is that most people, regardless of education, opinion or personality, can be induced to think in magical terms given the appropriate stimuli and conditions. (cognitionandculture.net)
- My friend it all depends on persons personality some peoples looks good with glasses while some looks so funny because of their physical appearance. (mylot.com)
- Since the brain regulates many thought processes by balancing "excitory" and "inhibitory" functions, too much of the second function impairs thinking. (ncregister.com)
- The YouGov survey of 2,334 adults revealed that 22 per cent of people incorrectly thought people with diabetes cannot join the register. (diabetes.org.uk)
- While research has found that consuming more whole grains can help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer while also serving as a great source of vitamin E, iron and fiber, most people incorrectly assume that multigrain and seven-grain breads must do the same. (acefitness.org)
- I don't think there's a single compelling study that shows emotions or mood affects elections," he says. (motherjones.com)
- To find out other "nervous habits" of people with social anxiety , we asked our mental health community to share one way their social anxiety affects them. (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Developing a better understanding of what affects the way we think and act is the cornerstone of Osborne's Stop Think! (osborne.co.uk)
- They don't suspect they might have T2DM because they're under the impression that it's not a condition that affects thin people. (chriskresser.com)
- On the one hand, raising the awareness of people towards the dangers of unhealthy food can certainly yield some promising outcomes. (google.com)
- As a result, however convincing education is, it is almost impossible for people to change their eating habit without a ready alternative to their unhealthy food choices. (google.com)
- If one thinks that these patterns of racial differences have a biological basis, if we see them as "natural," racial inequality becomes just part of the human experience (remember a book called The Bell Curve ? (psychologytoday.com)
- This fallacy influences people to see racism and inequality not as the products of economic, social, and political histories but more as a natural state of affairs. (psychologytoday.com)
- Reuters Health) - The majority of people believe cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is successful more often than it tends to be in reality, according to a small U.S. study. (reuters.com)
- People think about CPR as a miracle, but it's another medical act," said Dr. Juan Ruiz-Garcia of Hospital Universitario de Torrejon in Madrid who wasn't involved in the study. (reuters.com)
- A study done by the National Science Foundation claims that people have on average 50,000 plus thoughts a day . (thenextweb.com)
- Study shows 1/3 people think social media shoou. (scoop.it)
- In this section, we study various ways that social scientists model people. (coursera.org)
- A recent study found that one in five people surveyed reported having a food allergy, when only about one in 10 actually does. (popsci.com)
- A recent study suggests that number is far less than what you might think. (popsci.com)
- This new study, out last week in the journal JAMA Network Open , took a far broader approach, and focused solely on food allergies: Researchers based out of Northwestern University surveyed some 40,443 American adults and asked them a series of questions designed to figure out how many people actually had food allergies versus how many just thought they did. (popsci.com)
- Because the implant reads the very neurons that are normally activated during arm movement, the people in the study didn't require any explicit training or instruction in operating the roboarm. (medgadget.com)
- One of the two people in the study, who last moved her arms effectively before a severe stroke 14 years prior, was able to control the robotic hand to pick up a cup and take a drink from it. (medgadget.com)
- This study included 17 people with known suicidal tendencies and a control group of 17 people without such tendencies. (everydayhealth.com)
- He went on to say that what's "central to this new study is that we can tell whether someone is considering suicide by the way that they are thinking about the death-related topics. (everydayhealth.com)
- Follow everyone who ever married for at least four years, as another Journal of Marriage and Family study did, and you will see that the people who married were no happier, no healthier, no less depressed and had no higher self-esteem than the people who stayed single. (yourtango.com)
- Antigone Barton, writer and editor of "Science Speaks" and senior communications officer at the Center for Global Health Policy, discusses a study published in the January 13 issue of the Journal of Infectious Diseases showing that pre-exposure prophylaxis "poses lower risks of later resistance to the drugs than previously thought" (1/14). (kff.org)
- A new Harvard study, however, is showing that pica - and particularly geophagy, or the eating of soil or clay, is far more prevalent in Madagascar, and may be more prevalent worldwide, than researchers previously thought. (medindia.net)
- While the study doesn't speculate as to why people in Madagascar engage in pica or geophagy - the two most popular theories suggest that people are absorbing nutrients like iron, zinc and magnesium from the soil, or that the soil acts as a natural de-worming treatment - Golden said he hopes to answer those questions with additional research. (medindia.net)
- In a recent study, people reported more mental distress when the days were shorter and there was less sunshine. (medicaldaily.com)
- A study of around 1,200 people 65 and older found that more than half of them get around 7.5 hours of sleep each night. (ericksonliving.com)
- Aside from the safety considerations, Stop Think! (osborne.co.uk)
- Heat waves may actually impact the ability to think, scientists have found. (newsweek.com)
- One poll found that nearly half of young people ages 13 to 29 think a high school diploma alone is sufficient to thrive in the workplace. (edweek.org)
- A poll released earlier this week by the Associated Press and the NORC Center for Public Affairs Research at the University of Chicago found mixed views among nearly 2,600 young people about the value of higher education. (edweek.org)
- He really thinks I should have a abortion as he thinks his family would disown him if the found out. (medhelp.org)
- But even if future studies did so and found that married people did better, it still would not justify the claim that if only they got married, singles would be better off, too. (yourtango.com)
- When the final result appeared the two having found their name in the bottom of the list felt sad not because of being last but thinking the other friend had failed as his name was not appeared close to them. (hubpages.com)
- Today, I found out what people really think about the beard I've. (fmylife.com)
- Today, I found out what people really think about the beard I've been proudly growing for over a month. (fmylife.com)
- People can be induced to make "magical" choices, the phenomenon is stable, resists rationalization, is found in most human cultures and is not confined to early development. (cognitionandculture.net)
- As described in an October 17 paper published in PLoS ONE , Christopher Golden '05, a postdoctoral fellow at the Harvard University Center for the Environment, and colleagues from Madagascar Health and Environmental Research, Universit d'Antananarivo and Cornell University surveyed 760 people living in 16 villages in the northeastern corner of the island nation, and found that more than half had engaged in geophagy. (medindia.net)
- Researchers then conducted a second experiment consisting of 86 young men who were told they were taking part in a taste test for a new minty lemon drink and found that just thinking of alcohol is enough to boost a person's opinion of themselves. (medicaldaily.com)
- Researchers then asked participants to rate their own attractiveness and found that those who thought they were drunk rated themselves to be more attractive than the others, regardless of whether they had actually had any alcohol. (medicaldaily.com)
- In a third experiment, researchers found that the new-found sexiness after alcohol was only an illusion of the person drinking because when researchers played recordings of participants in the previous experiment to a panel of university students, they were sorely unimpressed. (medicaldaily.com)
- Kinship, another integral element of black religion, could also be found in Peoples Temple, as Jones stressed the importance of communalism and the needs of the group over the individual. (sdsu.edu)
- The researchers said an algorithm they developed was 91 percent accurate in identifying whether a person was from the suicidal or control group and 94 percent accurate in identifying people who had attempted suicide. (everydayhealth.com)
- Researchers have developed a new tool that has predicted with 96 percent accuracy whether people would survive a gunshot wound to the brain. (medicaldaily.com)
- Researchers believe that the beer-goggle effect may be associated with a person's memories of glamorous film stars like 007 agent James Bond sipping on alcoholic drinks, which leads people to associate drinking with attractiveness. (medicaldaily.com)
- As late as the 1950s researchers were busy collecting data among Irish people such as hair colour and height, in order to categorise them as a 'race' and define them as different to the British. (sott.net)
- You're going to have people that disagree with you anyways, so why not express how you truly feel? (thenextweb.com)
- I was that person six months ago, and now I feel like I'm a real part of society, contributing - I'm even learning more Swedish each day. (thelocal.se)
- it can feel like people have become less open and trusting. (thelocal.se)
- Very few people try to understand or know how they actually feel and the rest don't even try to give a think about their inner-self, nor do they ever ask themselves if they are alone in the crowd. (hubpages.com)
- How do I stop thinking people feel sorry for me? (enotalone.com)
- Like you, they're just out there, getting through the day, eating this on Wednesday, swiping right on Friday, chasing whatever they think they need to feel good and alive in their own husk. (enotalone.com)
- It's clear that our current systems of global cooperation are no longer making people feel safe," said Mats Andersson, vice chairman of the Global Challenges Foundation, in a statement. (voanews.com)
- Andersson said turbulence between NATO powers and Russia, ongoing conflict in Syria, Yemen and Ukraine and nuclear tensions with North Korea and Iran were making people feel unsafe. (voanews.com)
- We also still hear from people with diabetes who say that they do not feel involved in planning their own care . (diabetes.org.uk)
- Drinking alcohol or even the mere expectation of being tipsy is enough to make a person feel more attractive, scientists revealed. (medicaldaily.com)
- We're all afraid to say too much, to feel too deeply, to let people know what they mean to us. (marcandangel.com)
- In some cases a person who is attracted to another person make feel extremely shy and not know what to say or how to act around them. (answers.com)
- Is the attraction one feels for a person reciprocated by that person meaning is there a possibilty they feel attracted to you when they feel you're attraction to them? (answers.com)
- Of course, sometimes one will find out that another person does NOT reciprocate affection, and feel rejected. (answers.com)
- It's definitely possible that person A (for example) would not normally be attracted to person B, but when person A realises that the other finds them attractive, that attention and affection might make them re-think how they feel. (answers.com)
- They've been using brain imaging to give a definite answer as to how many people are affected. (nypost.com)
- Tests on 2,500 people have shown that double the number of people have telltale signs of protein plaques and tangles in the brain - markers of Alzheimer's disease - even if they're not experiencing dementia. (nypost.com)
- The same part of the brain, the brain stem's reticular formation, appears to be involved in isolated sleep paralysis as well, which may be the reason why some people experience both problems, Sharpless added. (psychcentral.com)
- We've been covering the development of the BrainGate brain-computer interface system for the last seven years, and we're glad to see that it's now at a point where severely disabled tetraplegics are able to control a robotic arm in three dimensional space purely by thinking about it. (medgadget.com)
- This gives us a window into the brain and mind, shedding light on how suicidal individuals think about suicide and emotion-related concepts," Just added in a university news release. (everydayhealth.com)
- Her most recent book is The Beck Diet Solu-tion: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Per-son . (sharpbrains.com)
- So, when a person thinks the TV/Song, etc., is about them, or talking about them, their brain has put the words in the context of themselves. (abovetopsecret.com)
- On Evans' view, then, one may suffer from the illusion of first-person thought. (stanford.edu)
- People who suffer from this disorder believe they have died, that their flesh is rotting, or even that they have lost a vital organ, reports Msnbc.com. (medindia.net)
- The authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it. (everything2.com)
- If you're thinking NAFLD might be a rare problem confined to Asian Indian men, you should know that up to 30% ( almost 1 in 3 ) of people in industrialized nations suffer from it. (chriskresser.com)
- Back in the day tuberculosis (TB) was known as the 'white plague' for its tendency to make people skinny and pale, accompanied by frequent blood-flecked coughing. (rt.com)
- Think Skinny People Don't Get Type 2 Diabetes? (chriskresser.com)
- You might even be surprised to learn that skinny people can and do get T2DM . (chriskresser.com)
- But instead of shutting down properly, the auditory neurons are thought to fire all at once, Sharpless said. (psychcentral.com)
- Over a fifth of people think that people with diabetes cannot join the organ donation register, according to a new survey commissioned by Diabetes UK. (diabetes.org.uk)
- In reality having a medical condition, such as diabetes, does not prevent a person from becoming an organ or tissue donor. (diabetes.org.uk)
- The survey revealed there are still lots of misconceptions about how having diabetes restricts people from doing things. (diabetes.org.uk)
- More than one in 10 people (13 per cent) thought people with diabetes were not allowed to become a fire fighter, while almost a third of people (29 per cent) thought people with the condition cannot eat sweets. (diabetes.org.uk)
- In fact, people with diabetes can include treats such as sweets and chocolates in their diet, but like everyone else, they should ensure their overall diet is well balanced and healthy by eating less fat, sugar and salt and eating plenty of fruit and vegetables. (diabetes.org.uk)
- Some people with diabetes use sweets to raise their blood glucose levels if they fall too low. (diabetes.org.uk)
- The survey also contained some encouraging news, showing that 46 per cent of people did not think there was anything that people with diabetes would not be able to do. (diabetes.org.uk)
- The research has been released to mark the start of Diabetes Week , which this year is focused on dispelling the myth that having diabetes stops people living normal and happy lives. (diabetes.org.uk)
- The theme for the week is 'I can', and Diabetes UK is encouraging people with diabetes to use social media to share their stories of living with the condition. (diabetes.org.uk)
- There are many myths surrounding diabetes that can get in the way, and the fact that many people still think that people with diabetes cannot join the organ register, eat sweets or become a firefighter shows that there is still a long way to go before we explode these myths. (diabetes.org.uk)
- As well as celebrating the achievements of people with diabetes, we want to use the week to call for the NHS and the Government to do more to empower people with the condition. (diabetes.org.uk)
- There are far too many people not being offered the diabetes education that can give them the tools they need to manage their own condition. (diabetes.org.uk)
- We learned that although obesity is strongly associated with T2DM, a subset of "metabolically healthy obese" (MHO) people have normal blood sugar and insulin sensitivity and don't ever develop diabetes. (chriskresser.com)
- These are lean people with either full-fledged type 2 diabetes or some metabolic dysfunction, such as insulin resistance. (chriskresser.com)
- People with this defect are not able to burn glucose or fatty acids efficiently, which causes lipotoxicity and an accumulation of fat inside of muscle cells . (chriskresser.com)
- In a subsequent video the ants are released from the nails, but people were still unhappy. (thesun.co.uk)
- It's not good for old people to complain. (nytimes.com)
- They may think they're going crazy and they don't know that a good chunk of the population has had the exact same thing," he said. (psychcentral.com)
- People will polarize towards the jobs they are good at. (everything2.com)
- In his review on Allmusic, Michael G. Nastos states "Person, one of the more consistent jazz performers over the past few decades, is reliable primarily for his soft soul, which holds him and his fans in good stead. (wikipedia.org)
- One explanation for the seemingly high rate of the behavior, Golden explained, is that soil is a key component of a natural medicine called aody andro, used by many Malagasy people as a "good luck" medicine to avoid becoming sick. (medindia.net)
- Do you think people wearing glasses looks good or looks funny? (mylot.com)
- I think with the right frames people do look good wearing glasses. (mylot.com)
- Some people do look good but some are really funny. (mylot.com)
- Some people just look good in glasses and others don't. (mylot.com)
- As you said you have realized that they dont suit you so you left them, i think this is a good decision. (mylot.com)
- A unique fea-ture is that the book does-n't‚- offer a diet but does pro-vide tools to devel-op the mind-set that is required for sus-tain-able suc-cess, for mod-i-fy-ing sab-o-tag-ing thoughts and behav-iors that typ-i-cal-ly fol-low people‚¬its ini-tial good inten-tions. (sharpbrains.com)
- Only requests for donations to large, recognized charities are allowed, and only if there is good reason to believe that the person accepting bitcoins on behalf of the charity is trustworthy. (reddit.com)
- The radio era gave openings to people who had a good command of the spoken word, like Winston Churchill, who spoke wonderfully but may have struggled to achieve as much in today's more visual era. (barnesandnoble.com)
- Usually, for people who always have dark circle, puffy eyes or swollen eyes, wearing a pair of fashion glasses(you can wear non prescription glasses even if you are perfect vision) is a good way to flatter you. (firmoo.com)
- No one is immune from depression - it occurs in people of all social classes, all countries and all cultural settings. (medindia.net)
- But social anxiety isn't just nervousness - so for people who have social anxiety, these "nervous habits" can manifest in ways we wouldn't expect. (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Nervous chatter isn't something you expect from someone with social anxiety, but for me the most anxious part of being involved or socializing with people is the fear of standing in awkward silence with someone and worrying what they are thinking. (thoughtcatalog.com)
-  These ideas, particularly those about social justice, interested Peoples Temple leader Reverend Jim Jones. (sdsu.edu)
- Before a discussion of Reverend Jim Jones and his Peoples Temple, an examination of prominent black religious figures is warranted, for Jones' ideas came from a long ancestry of radical political and social thought. (sdsu.edu)
- Designers, social workers and people in the clergy might fall into this bracket. (osborne.co.uk)
- This essay will specifically address racial issues within Peoples Temple. (sdsu.edu)
- The contrast between the two could drive any rational person to despair. (bigthink.com)
- In the paper, "You Can Handle the Truth: Mispredicting the Consequences of Honest Communication," Chicago Booth Assistant Professor Emma Levine and Carnegie Mellon University's Taya Cohen find that people significantly overestimate the costs of honest conversations. (indiatimes.com)
- Unfortunately the effects of alcohol are purely in the mind of the drinker, and other people do not find them any more appealing, according to new research. (medicaldaily.com)
- It's thought this stems from a primal need to take more chances to find food more quickly. (osborne.co.uk)
- This proves that NAFLD occurs in lean people, and together with the evidence above, suggests that NAFLD may be a primary cause of insulin resistance and T2DM in lean people. (chriskresser.com)
- For example, the belief that single people are isolated and "don't have anyone" is so pervasive that the word alone is routinely used as a synonym for single. (yourtango.com)
- Scientists at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota believe, however, that many more people are probably already living with it without having a formal diagnosis. (nypost.com)
- Not so long ago, scientists thought certain creatures, including mice, would spontaneously generate out of things like wheat and dirt, no sex required. (wired.com)
- We think it is best to have the latest and most accurate information when dealing with this life-impacting decision, whether or not to undertake or continue CPR," she told Reuters Health in an email. (reuters.com)
- Living a life that follows the ideal notions of what other people think is a terrible way to live. (thenextweb.com)
- But I'm out there every day on the streets where some people claim it's no longer safe to go - I mix with people from all walks of life, and I've had no problems. (thelocal.se)
- What's more, he says, "I think Sweden wants people to succeed - they encourage work-life balance and doing what's right for you. (thelocal.se)
- First-person essays, features, interviews and Q&As about life today. (huffingtonpost.com)
- New research from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business explores the consequences of honesty in everyday life and determines that people can often afford to be more honest than they think. (indiatimes.com)
- His is one of the stories featured in the documentary series Singapore After Dark, about people who come to life at night. (channelnewsasia.com)
- My family, the father, various friends and accountancies think I should have a abortion and I am only having this baby to be selfish because I don't want to live my life having had a abortion. (medhelp.org)
- In the rush to declare married people the winners of the well-being sweepstakes, all the ways that single life can be fulfilling get trampled. (yourtango.com)
- I should clarify that I don't think people are sitting around ruminating on my life. (enotalone.com)
- We need to make sure everyone gets access to this education, as it can make a real difference to giving people the best possible chance of a long and healthy life. (diabetes.org.uk)
- However, when it comes to Paulson's personal life, particularly who she's dating, it would appear that people just can't leave it alone. (inquisitr.com)
- I sort of believe in an existentialism philosophy that the past and future are not real.So to answer your question - I don't whether the end is near or not.I live my life believing that my life will end when its supposed to since death is inevitable I am an atheist though some people from my philosophy school have labeled me an advaitin. (fluther.com)
- First Justin Trudeau who kind of down played his cannabis use saying he only toked up 5 or 6 times in his life.I think he may have forgot to add hundreds or a thousand to that figure.Damn that pesky short term memory loss. (drugwarrant.com)
- One simple [if anecdotal] explanation is that people with these conditions, while often intelligent, may not go as far in life as others without those conditions. (blogspot.com)
- Twice as many people may have Alzheimer's disease as currently estimated, experts now believe. (nypost.com)
- In the US, 5.8 million people are living with the debilitating condition, according to the Alzheimer's Association , and that number is projected to rise to nearly 14 million by 2050. (nypost.com)
- Clifford went on to say that up to 30 percent of people who are told in clinics that they have Alzheimer's probably don't. (nypost.com)
- This treatment improves memory, so there's always a possibility the research that goes into it and how it works will uncover why Alzheimer's happens, not only for DS people, but for everyone. (ncregister.com)
- The main thing is that some of the people up top have paid attention to new information and are now allowing certain things to slowly return to how they were before. (selfgrowth.com)
- They are immune to error through misidentification of the first-person pronoun, or IEM (see §2.3 of the main entry). (stanford.edu)
- Yet most people believe that speech is still our main form of communication. (barnesandnoble.com)
- Most people think that the main task of an esthetician is to enhance visual appearance of a client's face but at many beauty salons these specialists can perform an entire body massage. (syl.com)
- Why are people still catcalling during a pandemic? (yahoo.com)
- In fact, no matter how hard people try, there has never been a successful scientific way to justify any racial classification, in biology. (psychologytoday.com)
- Victims of an uncommon neuropsychiatric disorder known as Cotard delusion, or walking corpse syndrome think they are zombies. (medindia.net)
Make people think2
- Most people think arthritis is an inevitable part of ageing, but in actual fact it can affect anyone at any age," says Dr Tom Margham, a GP and spokesperson for the charity Arthritis Research UK. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- It makes you become the spineless spectator who waits for other people to take action first. (thenextweb.com)
- Have you heard the one about how getting married makes people happier, healthier, less self-centered and less isolated? (yourtango.com)
- My heart races and makes it difficult for me to hear and think straight, and sometimes I don't answer right away and have to have someone repeat what they said. (thoughtcatalog.com)
- It makes them think they're low on my list of priorities. (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Even though my anxiety makes it hard to socialize, I can't go too long without reminding the people I love the most how much they mean to me. (thoughtcatalog.com)
- If money wasn't invented we wouldn't be debt and there wouldn't be no rich or poor.Money makes people greedy and selfish.People use it wrong. (experienceproject.com)
- If people were laughing, they would start laughing too. (thenextweb.com)
- Holzer said he worries that young people might hear about jobs that don't require four-year degrees and think they can start careers right after high school. (edweek.org)
- I think we need to increase awareness among the medical society as well, to start recognising these things, especially among general practitioners and the family physicians," Dr Mahboub said. (thenational.ae)
- Why did people start thinking a draped afghan was the secret to selling a house? (city-data.com)
- Are those people talking shit behind my back? (thenextweb.com)
- My wife thought she was having a heart attack back in the beginning of September, '03. (techdirt.com)
- In Sweden, people can be a bit stiff, and I've been in so many coffee shops where there's no culture of acknowledging the person two places back in the queue, or asking what people are up to each day," he explains. (thelocal.se)
- I think it snaps back very, very, very much quicker than most people are projecting," he said. (yahoo.com)
- You only have to look at the examples of Steve Redgrave and Theresa May to see people with the condition not letting it hold them back. (diabetes.org.uk)
- I always sit near the the back of the room but not the very last row because people there get singled out sometimes. (thoughtcatalog.com)
- For people who really don't need glasses because their eyes are shaped correctly but the muscles are working wrong (possibly your case), there are eye exercises that a person can do and possibly get their eyes back to normal. (mylot.com)
-  Father Divine also "claimed to be God"  who could cure disease and even bring people back from the dead, according to his people. (sdsu.edu)
- This modern-day approach to the flavoring agent is a sharp contrast to the thinking of the 1960s. (finedininglovers.com)
- I even told my therapist I thought I had OCD, because I could not get these thoughts out of my head. (enotalone.com)
- In 2013, 9 million people fell ill with TB, the WHO estimates. (rt.com)
- In fact, osteoarthritis is relatively common, affecting more than eight million people in the UK. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- 5.-If the threat is as serious as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says, then we should be talking about the potential loss of many more than 2 million people, and we should be weighing the seriousness of the threat against any inconveniences or alterations to our lifestyles, something we cannot do if we avoid even talking about it. (davidswanson.org)
- This means that even if someone thought about us ten times in one day, it's only 0.02% of their overall daily thoughts. (thenextweb.com)
- This is then no different to how a parent would do what they think is best for their child/children and, at times, they will get things wrong. (selfgrowth.com)
- Cheerful, enthusiastic and optimistic, you might think he has every right not to be - despite winning five caps for England and playing 190 times for Everton between 1974 and 1978 (in between two spells at Burnley, totalling 410 games), he's still paying off his mortgage. (liverpoolecho.co.uk)
- Paulson has spoken out many times about her relationship with Taylor, 75, and one would think that people would just be happy for the lovely couple and leave them alone. (inquisitr.com)
- As you probably already know, human beings are very umpredictable and are quite hard to read at times, so make sure you know what this person is really like before you let anything happen. (answers.com)
- With this said I think that yes we are nearing the end of times however I think that we have always been nearing the end of times. (fluther.com)
- This is despite strong evidence that giving people greater control over how their condition is managed improves their health outcomes. (diabetes.org.uk)
- Lots of great people on here, with all kinds of advice and support! (celiac.com)
-  These features of Peoples Temple appealed to a great number of African Americans, first in Indianapolis and later in California who sought comfort and support within the church. (sdsu.edu)
- Esthetician is probably the most popular specialization in the field of cosmetology and a great number of people want to know more about esthetician professions. (syl.com)
- Young people seeking an education are given a disservice when fed biased ideology, even if such ideology is presented with the best of intentions. (bigthink.com)
- That's a striking number of young people who think a high school diploma is enough. (edweek.org)
- Young people can aspire to a vast sector of "middle skill" jobs that pay well and don't require four-year degrees, but in general, bachelor's degrees still produce much higher lifetime earnings. (edweek.org)
- Young people are notoriously under-counseled" in high school and community college, he said. (edweek.org)
- But many people who get married end up getting a divorce , and it's unlikely these marriages were making them happier and healthier. (yourtango.com)
- The high rate of allergies in the region is due to several factors, including a trend of increased allergies as people become healthier and more hygienic. (thenational.ae)
- People are generally aware of the most common causes of hallucinations, like schizophrenia and a really high fever. (medicaldaily.com)
- When the land was covered in thick forest, coastal settlements were common and people travelled around the seaboard of Europe quite freely. (sott.net)
- Of course, wear and tear injuries can be common, and joint pain is something many, if not most, people will experience at certain points. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Victims think their bodies don't even have blood and some test their mortality by trying to take their own lives, reports the New York Daily News. (medindia.net)
- This was salutary news for cultural anthropologists, who suspected that there was something deeply wrong with the notion that magical thinking was a prerogative of the Other, either quasi-naked people with bones through their noses, or less exotic peasants and barbarians with "pre-logical" mentality. (cognitionandculture.net)
- In other news 54% of people ate lead paint growing up. (abovetopsecret.com)
- When Ruby James (55) was diagnosed with osteoarthritis nine years ago in her mid-40s, she recalls people being shocked at the news. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Think of Me First as a Person at IMDb Library of Congress press release Editor and Director George Ingmire's website Website for the film "Think of Me First as a Person" Home Movie Day News blog entry on film. (wikipedia.org)
- You ignore your health and relationships to get work done thinking 'I have a vacation in a few months,'" Dr. Appleton expands. (yahoo.com)
- The reason I have come here as well, is because I attended a semiar at my work (BTW - I am a holistic Nutritionist - which I went and learned about because of all my issues) on Sunday and was thinking that it could be possible for me. (celiac.com)
- In fact I've already started exploring areas of my work that model thinking would apply and how to use the tools presented in this class. (coursera.org)
- What works for them might not work for people I call "single at heart" - those who live their best, most authentic and most meaningful lives by living on their own. (yourtango.com)
- For example, single people value meaningful work more than married people do. (yourtango.com)
- I consider myself a fairly perceptive and intuitive person and I KNEW that something was wrong, specifically that my wife had feelings for someone at work. (enotalone.com)
- Today, the CEO of my company leaned over and said, 'Hey, I've been meaning to thank you…' I thought he was going to thank me for all of my hard work, but he continued, '…for wearing that shirt today. (fmylife.com)
- Others think education will not work. (google.com)
- I would dearly love to work with others who value self-sufficiency, in all aspects of thinking. (selfsufficientish.com)
- If a person suspects the person they are attracted to is also interested in them, they should work up the nerve and ask that person to go on a date. (answers.com)
- I had thought that it would be quite nice to work in a nursery. (selfsufficientish.com)
- Scientific findings have clearly indicated that the excessive consumption of fast food is leading the health of people to deterioration. (google.com)
- If you have to tell people your tough…well…you might not be all that tough. (nbcsports.com)
- Does the heart stops when a person faints? (answers.com)