A highly reactive aldehyde gas formed by oxidation or incomplete combustion of hydrocarbons. In solution, it has a wide range of uses: in the manufacture of resins and textiles, as a disinfectant, and as a laboratory fixative or preservative. Formaldehyde solution (formalin) is considered a hazardous compound, and its vapor toxic. (From Reynolds, Martindale The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p717)
Agents employed in the preparation of histologic or pathologic specimens for the purpose of maintaining the existing form and structure of all of the constituent elements. Great numbers of different agents are used; some are also decalcifying and hardening agents. They must quickly kill and coagulate living tissue.
Staining and Labeling
A plastic substance deposited by insects or obtained from plants. Waxes are esters of various fatty acids with higher, usually monohydric alcohols. The wax of pharmacy is principally yellow wax (beeswax), the material of which honeycomb is made. It consists chiefly of cerotic acid and myricin and is used in making ointments, cerates, etc. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Histocytological Preparation Techniques
Tumor Markers, Biological
Molecular products metabolized and secreted by neoplastic tissue and characterized biochemically in cells or body fluids. They are indicators of tumor stage and grade as well as useful for monitoring responses to treatment and predicting recurrence. Many chemical groups are represented including hormones, antigens, amino and nucleic acids, enzymes, polyamines, and specific cell membrane proteins and lipids.
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
In Situ Hybridization
Nucleolus Organizer Region
Unctuous combustible substances that are liquid or easily liquefiable on warming, and are soluble in ether but insoluble in water. Such substances, depending on their origin, are classified as animal, mineral, or vegetable oils. Depending on their behavior on heating, they are volatile or fixed. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Proteins whose abnormal expression (gain or loss) are associated with the development, growth, or progression of NEOPLASMS. Some neoplasm proteins are tumor antigens (ANTIGENS, NEOPLASM), i.e. they induce an immune reaction to their tumor. Many neoplasm proteins have been characterized and are used as tumor markers (BIOMARKERS, TUMOR) when they are detectable in cells and body fluids as monitors for the presence or growth of tumors. Abnormal expression of ONCOGENE PROTEINS is involved in neoplastic transformation, whereas the loss of expression of TUMOR SUPPRESSOR PROTEINS is involved with the loss of growth control and progression of the neoplasm.
In Situ Hybridization, Fluorescence
Tissue Array Analysis
Proliferating Cell Nuclear Antigen
Nuclear antigen with a role in DNA synthesis, DNA repair, and cell cycle progression. PCNA is required for the coordinated synthesis of both leading and lagging strands at the replication fork during DNA replication. PCNA expression correlates with the proliferation activity of several malignant and non-malignant cell types.
Sensitivity and Specificity
Carcinoma, Squamous Cell
Periodic Acid-Schiff Reaction
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Colloids formed by the combination of two immiscible liquids such as oil and water. Lipid-in-water emulsions are usually liquid, like milk or lotion. Water-in-lipid emulsions tend to be creams. The formation of emulsions may be aided by amphiphatic molecules that surround one component of the system to form MICELLES.
A class of fibrous proteins or scleroproteins that represents the principal constituent of EPIDERMIS; HAIR; NAILS; horny tissues, and the organic matrix of tooth ENAMEL. Two major conformational groups have been characterized, alpha-keratin, whose peptide backbone forms a coiled-coil alpha helical structure consisting of TYPE I KERATIN and a TYPE II KERATIN, and beta-keratin, whose backbone forms a zigzag or pleated sheet structure. alpha-Keratins have been classified into at least 20 subtypes. In addition multiple isoforms of subtypes have been found which may be due to GENE DUPLICATION.
Loss of PTEN expression in paraffin-embedded primary prostate cancer correlates with high Gleason score and advanced stage. (1/216)The tumor suppressor gene PTEN/MMAC-1/TEP-1 (referred to hereafter as PTEN) maps to chromosome 10q23 and encodes a dual specificity phosphatase. The PTEN protein negatively regulates cell migration and cell survival and induces a G1 cell cycle block via negative regulation of the phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/protein kinase B/Akt signaling pathway. PTEN is frequently mutated or deleted in both prostate cancer cell lines and primary prostate cancers. A murine polyclonal antiserum was raised against a glutathione S-transferase fusion polypeptide of the COOH terninus of PTEN. Archival paraffin tissue sections from 109 cases of resected prostate cancer were immunostained with the antiserum, using DU145 and PC-3 cells as positive and negative controls, respectively. PTEN expression was seen in the secretory cells. Cases were considered positive when granular cytoplasmic staining was seen in all tumor cells, mixed when areas of both positive and negative tumor cell clones were seen, and negative when adjacent benign prostate tissue but not tumor tissue showed positive staining. Seventeen cases (15.6%) of prostate cancer were positive, 70 cases (64.2%) were mixed, and 22 cases (20.2%) were negative. Total absence of PTEN expression correlated with the Gleason score (P = 0.0081) and correlated more significantly with a Gleason score of 7 or higher (P = 0.0004) and with advanced pathological stage (American Joint Committee on Cancer stages T3b and T4; P = 0.0078). Thus, loss of PTEN protein is correlated with pathological markers of poor prognosis in prostate cancer. (+info)
Recovery of ranavirus dsDNA from formalin-fixed archival material. (2/216)The extraction and amplification of nucleic acid from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissues has become an important exercise in the collection of retrospective epidemiological data. A protocol is described that enables the extraction and amplification of dsDNA from fixed tissues within paraffin blocks and from specimens stored in 10% (aq) formalin. The procedure can be used for the examination of ranavirus DNA within archival tissues thereby providing valuable data for identifying the origin and tracing the spread of ranaviruses. (+info)
Relation between antigen release and immune response of oil adjuvanted vaccines in chickens. (3/216)The relationship between release properties of the model antigen, bovine serum albumin (BSA), from formulations in vitro and immune response after administration of various oil adjuvanted vaccines containing liquid paraffin was examined in chickens. The vaccine prepared at an hydrophile-lipophile-balance (HLB) number of 4.8 showed slower release of BSA and higher immune response on injected chickens than that with an HLB number of 6.0. Decreases of aqueous volume ratio in the formulation also led to slower release of BSA and higher immune response. The slower release rate of BSA showed higher ELISA antibody titer even at 20 weeks after vaccination. The ELISA antibody titer inversely was related to the constant release rate, k, calculated from the in vitro release test. The correlation coefficient was 0.863. The immune response of oil adjuvanted vaccines containing Haemophilus paragallinarum agreed well with these results with BSA. Our results indicated that a stronger and more prolonged immune response of oil adjuvanted vaccines was achieved by slower release rate of antigen from the formulation. In addition, there was a good correlation between immune response and the value of k. (+info)
Immunofluorescent detection of alpha1-antitrypsin in paraffin embedded liver tissue. (4/216)Alpha1-antitrypsin was detected by indirect immunofluorescence in frozen sections of liver biopsies from patients with clinically and biochemically proven alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency. The antigen could also be demonstrated in those liver specimens of the same patients which were fixed in Bouin's fluid and embedded in paraffin. The cellular localization and the brightness of the fluorescence were the same in both frozen and paraffin sections. Four additional biopsies from three other patients were selected on the basis of PAS-positive diastase-resistant inclusions reported in the hepatocytes. All these biopsies showed bright fluorescence in the cytoplasm of the liver cells although one of the biopsies was stored for as long as eight years. Specific fluorescence was constantly found in the periportal hepatocytes with varying degrees of positivity. No fluorescence was observed in the six control biopsies from patients with various other liver diseases. These findings prove that paraffin embedded specimens are suitable for immunofluorescence detection of alpha1-antitrypsin and that a retrospective study on old paraffin blocks is possible. (+info)
Cutaneous necrosis due to cetrimide application. (5/216)Reports of necrosis caused by quaternary ammonium compounds, such as cetrimide, are rare. The case is reported of a 77-year-old woman who was admitted to hospital for four months with cutaneous necrosis of the left foot and leg owing to the topical application of cetrimide powder. (+info)
Congenital-infantile fibrosarcoma. A clinicopathologic study of 10 cases and molecular detection of the ETV6-NTRK3 fusion transcripts using paraffin-embedded tissues. (6/216)Congenital-infantile fibrosarcoma (CIFS) is a relatively indolent sarcoma that should be distinguished from more aggressive spindle cell sarcomas of childhood. CIFSs have been found to have a novel recurrent reciprocal translocation t(12;15)(p13;q25) resulting in the gene fusion ETV6-NTRK3 (ETS variant gene 6; neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor type 3). We studied immunohistochemical expression of NTRK3, and conducted a reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay to detect the ETV6-NTRK3 fusion transcripts using archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues from 10 CIFSs. Thirty-eight other spindle cell tumors were included as controls. The ETV6-NTRK3 fusion transcripts were identified in 7 (70%) of 10 CIFSs. Nucleotide sequence analysis showed that the fusion occurred between ETV6 exon 5 and NTRK3 exon 13. The 38 control tumors were negative for the fusion transcript. Immunohistochemically, CIFSs consistently expressed NTRK3. But the expression of NTRK3 also was observed in 22 of 38 control tumors. These results show the diagnostic usefulness of RT-PCR methods to detect ETV6-NTRK3 fusion transcripts in archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue and the important role of NTRK3 in the development of CIFS, despite its being a protein of little importance in differential diagnosis. (+info)
Increasing the number of synapses modifies olfactory perception in Drosophila. (7/216)The Drosophila mutant gigas produces an enlargement of postmitotic cells caused by additional rounds of DNA replication. In neurons, the mutant cell establishes more synapses than normal. We have taken advantage of this feature to study the effect of synapse number on odorant perception. Mosaic adults were generated in which one antenna was homozygous for gigas, whereas the contralateral side served as an internal control. Morphological analysis indicates that the number and type of sensory afferents forming the mutant antenna, as well as their projection to the olfactory glomeruli, are normal. In contrast, the volume of identified glomeruli increases to a variable extent, and mutant sensory neurons branch profusely. The number of synapses, estimated in the ventral (V) glomerulus that receives ipsilateral afferents only, is increased twofold to threefold. Large-dense-core vesicle-containing terminals that probably modulate olfactory centers are identified in the V glomerulus. Their number and size are not modified by the mutant input. Sensory transduction, measured by electroantennograms, is normal in amplitude and kinetics. In odorant tests, however, the profile of the behavioral response to ethyl acetate shows attractive responses to concentrations to which sibling controls remain indifferent (10(-)8 and 10(-)7 v/v). In addition, the intensity of the response is augmented both at attractive and repulsive odorant concentrations with respect to that of controls. These results demonstrate that increased synapse number in the sensory neurons can modify the behavior of the organism, allowing a higher sensitivity of perception. (+info)
Cyclin D1 overexpression in multiple myeloma. A morphologic, immunohistochemical, and in situ hybridization study of 71 paraffin-embedded bone marrow biopsy specimens. (8/216)Cyclin D1 expression was evaluated by immunohistochemical analysis and biotin-labeled in situ hybridization (ISH) in a series of 71 decalcified, paraffin-embedded bone marrow biopsy specimens from patients with multiple myeloma (MM). Cyclin D1 messenger RNA (mRNA) overexpression was detected by ISH in 23 (32%) of 71 cases, whereas cyclin D1 protein was identified by immunohistochemical analysis in 17 (24%) of 71 specimens. All cases that were positive by immunohistochemical analysis also were positive by ISH. Statistically significant associations were found between cyclin D1 overexpression and grade of plasma cell differentiation and between cyclin D1 overexpression and extent of bone marrow infiltration. Our findings demonstrate the following: (1) ISH for cyclin D1 mRNA is a sensitive method for the evaluation of cyclin D1 overexpression in paraffin-embedded bone marrow biopsy specimens with MM. (2) ISH is more sensitive than immunohistochemical analysis in the assessment of cyclin D1 expression. (3) Cyclin D1 overexpression in MM is correlated positively with higher histologic grade and stage. (+info)
RFA-OH-11-002: Continuation of the National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank for Translational Research (U24)
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts: Continuation of the National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank for Translational Research (U24) RFA-OH-11-002. NIOSH
Chlorinated Paraffin Oil Manufacturers, Suppliers & Exporters in India
Search Indian Chlorinated Paraffin Oil Manufacturers and Suppliers Details - Contact to Chlorinated Paraffin Oil Exporters in India, Chlorinated Paraffin Oil Wholesalers, Chlorinated Paraffin Oil Distributors and Traders from India.
National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
The Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation is the only non-profit, charity organization working to eradicate mesothelioma through research, education, support, and advocacy.
National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
The Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation is the only non-profit, charity organization working to eradicate mesothelioma through research, education, support, and advocacy.
Paraffin oil (CAS No. 64742-65-0)
Pesticide properties for Paraffin oil (CAS No. 64742-65-0), including approvals, environmental fate, eco-toxicity and human health issues
Light Liquid Paraffin Manufacturers, Suppliers & Exporters in India
Search Indian Light Liquid Paraffin Manufacturers and Suppliers Details - Contact to Light Liquid Paraffin Exporters in India, Light Liquid Paraffin Wholesalers, Light Liquid Paraffin Distributors and Traders from India.
liquid paraffin for eczema
White Soft Paraffin: Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently. Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information. It can be brought over the counter or be given to you on prescription by your doctor. ), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. my gyno gave me liquid paraffin for constipation in my pregnancy now i have stomach pains and cramps i am 5 months is the cramps normal? Or the lid may be left off. What precautions should you take while using Liquid Paraffin / White Soft Paraffin? Comes in 100g tubes, and 500g tubs. Liquid paraffin can be found in skin products, lip balms, eczema creams, ointments, lotions, soaps and more. It doesnâ t affect everyone. my baby 1month old she is having dark patches over back bone skin..shall i use liquid ...
Phase Change Matters blog
Dr. Yaghoob Farnam has spent four years combining concrete and phase change material in various ways in a quest to develop a durable paving material that can melt ice and snow. Farnam, an assistant professor in Drexel Universitys College of Engineering, has previously measured the effectiveness of paraffin oil and methyl laurate, materials that have relatively high heat storage capacity (about 130 to 170 joules per gram) and a suitable phase transformation temperature (about 2 to 3 degrees Celsius). Both showed promise when contained in plastic tubes embedded in concrete. But the paraffin oil proved to be far more effective than methyl laurate in concrete made of lightweight aggregate infused with the PCMs. Chemical reactions between the methyl laurate and materials in the cement rendered that PCM ineffective and also appeared to cause cracks in the concrete.. In his latest paper, published in Cement and Concrete Composites, Farnams research team focused on paraffin oil. The team used concrete ...
Liquid paraffin tesco - Online Ovulation Test
Liquid paraffin tesco,Care Liquid Paraffin is not suitable for use in children under the age of 3 unless told otherwise liquid paraffin tesco by your doctor.
Liquid Paraffin - Side Effects, Uses, Dosage, Overdose, Pregnancy, Alcohol | RxWiki
Liquid Paraffin - Get up-to-date information on Liquid Paraffin side effects, uses, dosage, overdose, pregnancy, alcohol and more. Learn more about Liquid Paraffin
Technical terms of delivery of surgical instruments - KLS Martin
7. Important quality criteria. General , All instruments must be delivered free of oil residues, stains, traces of corrosion, pores, cracks, grooves, burrs, grinding and polishing residues as well as other impurities and damages. The working ends must be fully functional for the respective purpose. The closing and joint areas have to be oiled with medical paraffin oil.. Joints , Instruments with joints must have a steady gait. The joint areas have to be oiled with medical paraffin oil.. Box lock/ screw lock , The locks must be clean and smooth. No scratches, grooves or other damage must be visible. Screw and rivet connections must be processed in such a way that under no circumstances can they come loose independently during the entire life cycle of the instrument. Ratchet lock , The teeth of the lock must be clean and even from the first to the last lock tooth. The ratchet must not release automatically when closed.. Working ends/ tips , The working ends must be fully functional for the ...
Paraffin Tissue Sections
Formalin fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) whole tissue sections are ideal candidates for localizing DNA, RNA and protein markers. The tissues were fixed by formalin less than 48 hours, and then processed and sectioned. Two tissue sections with 5 µm (micro, micrometer) thickness are mounted on a SuperFrost Plus glass slide. US Biomax, Inc. paraffin tissue section is suitable for detection of genes and proteins expression in specific tissues of different species.. Features ...
Monkey Paraffin Tissue Sections : Zyagen, Life Science Products
Zyagen : Monkey Paraffin Tissue Sections - Antibodies Kits, Reagents & Biochemical Tissue Sections RNA Products cDNA Products Genomic DNA Products Tissue Lysates Products Premade Northern Blots Premade Western Blots Recombinant Proteins & Peptides Tissue Microarrays
Minipig Paraffin Tissue Sections : Zyagen, Life Science Products
Zyagen : Minipig Paraffin Tissue Sections - Antibodies Kits, Reagents & Biochemical Tissue Sections RNA Products cDNA Products Genomic DNA Products Tissue Lysates Products Premade Northern Blots Premade Western Blots Recombinant Proteins & Peptides Tissue Microarrays
Paraffin Tissue Section Panel - Human Disease Tissue, Alzheimers Disease, Multi-tissue I, 7 different tissues - BioChain...
Paraffin Tissue Section Panel - Human Disease Tissue, Alzheimers Disease, Multi-tissue I, 7 different tissues - BioChain Institute Inc.
Liquid Paraffin / Olive Oil - Uses, Side-effects, Reviews, and Precautions | all4insure.ru
Liquid Paraffin / Olive Oil is used for temporary relief of constipation, painful conditions of the anus, painful conditions of rectum, constipation, breast cancer, heart disease and other conditions.
Liquid Paraffin / Milk Of Magnesia - Uses, Side-effects, Reviews, and Precautions | all4insure.ru
Liquid Paraffin / Milk Of Magnesia is used for occasional constipation, upset stomach, temporary relief of constipation, indigestion, painful conditions of rectum, painful conditions of the anus and other conditions.
GABAergic Cells Are the Major Postsynaptic Targets of Mossy Fibers in the Rat Hippocampus | Journal of Neuroscience
Surgery and recording. Twenty-one rats of the Sprague Dawley strain (250-350 gm) were anesthetized with urethane (1.3-1.5 gm/kg) and placed in a stereotaxic apparatus. The body temperature of the rat was kept constant by a thermoregulation device. The scalp was removed and a small (1.2 × 0.8 mm) bone window was drilled above the hippocampus (anteromedial edge at anterioposterior = −3.3; lateral = 2.2 mm from bregma) for extra- and intracellular recordings. Details of surgery and electrode placement have been published previously (Penttonen et al., 1997). Briefly, glass micropipettes for intracellular labeling were pulled from 2.0 mm capillary glass. They were filled with 1 mK+-acetate in 50 mm Tris buffer, pH 7.2, also containing 2% biocytin for intracellular labeling. After the recording pipette was inserted into the brain, the bone window was covered by a mixture of paraffin and paraffin oil to prevent drying of the brain and to decrease pulsation. Once a stable intracellular recording was ...
BioProduct: Tissues & Cell Lines: Human Tissues: Paraffin Tissue Array (human normal and diseased, multiple tissues): Paraffin...
BioChains Tissue arrays are manufactured using high-quality tissues. The tissues are immediately fixed in formalin after being excised, and then identified by pathologists. 64 to 96 different tissues are arrayed on a modified glass slide after preparation with proprietary techniques. Each section is approximately 5 m thick. H.E. staining, immunostaining and in situ hybridization with proliferating cellular nuclear antigen (PCNA) antibody and P53 gene probe, respectively, ensure the quality of tissue arrays. BioChains tissue array is an ideal product for rapid cellular localization of RNA and protein expression ...
China High Quality Paraffin Gauze for Medical Use - China Paraffin Gauze, Paraffin Gauze Swab
China High Quality Paraffin Gauze for Medical Use, Find details about China Paraffin Gauze, Paraffin Gauze Swab from High Quality Paraffin Gauze for Medical Use - Suzhou Texnet Co., Ltd.
A New Scoring System Improves Diagnostic Accuracy of Intestinal Dysganglionosis --a Prospective Study - Full Text View -...
The recruited patients is undergoing preoperative work-up including barium enema (BE), anorectal manometry (ARM) and histochemical acetylcholinesterase (AChE) staining of rectal mucosa. Known risk factors for IDs are recorded. The predicting score is calculated by summing the scores of the risk factors and 3 preoperative tests.. The patients with a predicting score of more than 5 are diagnosed with HD, and are performed surgery to remove the aganglionic bowel.. The patients with a score less than 5 are mostly indicative of HAD, and receive conservative therapies that included colonic irrigation, enema, high dose lactulose, and oral paraffin oil for at least 6 months. When there is no clinical improvement, patients are consented for surgical procedures to remove the dysganglionic bowel segments. ...
A Study of Omega-3 as a Treatment for Major Depression - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
The study will be a 6 week, parallel-group, double-blind randomized controlled trial of the efficacy of Omega-3 as a monotherapy for depression. People aged 21-65 who have major depression but are not currently on an antidepressant or planning to take an antidepressant in the next 14 weeks will be recruited. Participants will be randomly allocated to receive Omega-3 (fish oil) or placebo (paraffin oil) for 6 weeks. Participants will be followed up weekly and will be asked to rate their mood daily for the 6 week study period. Blood samples will be taken pre and post treatment to measure change in omega-3 levels. At the end of 6 weeks all participants will receive a further 8 weeks supply of omega-3 ...
Effect of ω-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Young People at Ultrahigh Risk for Psychotic Disorders: The NEURAPRO Randomized...
Importance A promising treatment to prevent onset and improve outcomes in patients at ultrahigh risk for psychosis is dietary supplementation with long-chain ω-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). Objective To determine whether treatment with ω-3 PUFAs in combination with a high-quality psychosocial intervention (cognitive behavioral case management [CBCM]) is more effective than placebo plus CBCM. Design, Setting, and Participants NEURAPRO, a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial, was conducted from March 1, 2010, to September 30, 2014, in 10 specialized early psychosis treatment services in Australia, Asia, and Europe. The primary analysis used the intention-to-treat approach. Interventions A daily dose of 1.4 g of ω-3 PUFAs or placebo (paraffin oil), plus 20 or fewer sessions of CBCM over the 6-month study period. Main Outcomes and Measures The primary outcome was transition to psychosis status at 6 months. The secondary outcomes were general levels of ...
Magnetic resonance imaging of penile paraffinoma: case report | BMC Medical Imaging | Full Text
There were no relevant findings in patients medical history and he reluctantly admitted that 7 years before he had received 6 injections of paraffin oil into the penis, performed by an untrained person, for penile enlargement purposes; therefore, penile paraffinoma was diagnosed. He was scheduled for definite surgical treatment involving complete removal of the newly-formed penile mass and penile shaft reconstruction. In view of the extent of tissue to be removed and the risk of scrotal tissue as well being involved by scarring, thus leading to its removal rather than its use for reconstruction, the patient underwent preoperative penile MRI to properly plan surgery.Penile MRI was performed with a 1.5 T whole body MR unit (Philips Achieva) with the patient supine. The penis was flexed dorsally against the lower abdomen and taped in position to reduce motion of the organ during the examination. A SENSE Torso coil (8 elements) was positioned on the pelvis. First, axial T2-weighted TSE (Turbo Spin ...
Ab Biodisk Ampicillin | Online Drugstore
Ab biodisk ampicillin: it is conceivable that some of these substances might be sufficiently. ampicillin in suspension mixture after removal of the paraffin oil the fluid cultures in each tube ...
Insight Biotechnology limited : : GTX21821 : : Paraffin Tissue Section, Human Ovary (Benign Epithelial Tumor)
Insight Biotechnology supply high quality reagents for cell and molecular biology, specializing in antibodies for medical research.
Insight Biotechnology limited : : GTX21777 : : Paraffin Tissue Section, Human Soft Tissue (Skeletal Muscle-Benign)
Insight Biotechnology supply high quality reagents for cell and molecular biology, specializing in antibodies for medical research.
Chlorinated paraffin | Article about chlorinated paraffin by The Free Dictionary
Looking for chlorinated paraffin? Find out information about chlorinated paraffin. One of a group of chlorine derivatives of paraffin compounds Explanation of chlorinated paraffin
Suppliers of Paraffin | Exporters of Paraffin | Sellers of Paraffin | Paraffin Supplies
Paraffin - Free to use unique search engine of reliable, genuine and verified companies, suppliers, exporters, sellers, manufacturers, factories, traders, tradeleads of products and services from all over the world.
Paraffin Warmers Promotion-Shop for Promotional Paraffin Warmers on Aliexpress.com
Paraffin Warmers Promotion,Buy Promotional Paraffin WarmersBeauty & Health,Home Appliances,Paraffin Heaters,Mother & Kids, and more on Aliexpress.com
Does REPLI-g technology for whole genome amplification work with paraffin embedded samples? - QIAGEN
Standard REPLI-g Kits, such as the REPLI-g Mini and Midi, UltraFast Mini-, Screening-, and Mitochondrial DNA Kits are not recommended for the amplification of gDNA extracted from paraffin embedded tissues. DNA recovered from paraffin embedded samples is typically strongly fragmented due to the fixation process, resulting in fragments only a few hundred base pairs long. Phi29 DNA polymerase however works most efficiently on DNA longer than 2 kb in length (ideally, at least a few fragments ,10 kb should be present in the gDNA sample). If WGA product from strongly fragmented starting samples is utilized in genotyping assays, significant allele drop out and mis-genotyping can occur. However, our new REPLI-g FFPE Kit overcomes these limitations by pre-processing of DNA directly derived from paraffin embedded tissue samples. The pre-processing reaction ligates fragments to generate suitable templates for subsequent amplification with REPLI-g Midi DNA Polymerase.. Further information can be found in ...
WaxWel Paraffin Baths
The WaxWel Paraffin Bath System is the ideal heat therapy solution for soothing and conditioning hands, feet and elbows. This wax bath also moisturizes ankles, feet, hands, wrists and elbows that are dry and cracked as well as relaxing muscles and easing the pain caused by chronic joint inflammation. Comes complete with a 6 lb. heating unit, 100 liners, washable terry cloth mitt and bootie and 6 (six) 1-lb. blocks of wintergreen-scented paraffin. The unit features an oversized tank that can accommodates a mans size 12½ foot. High quality paraffin offers excellent melting characteristics, moistness and feel. The WaxWel unit is heavy duty for continuous use in high traffic clinics, but lightweight and portable to be great for home use as well. The bath operates within a temperature range of 125 - 134°F and is easy to clean by just removing the wax, wiping out the inside of the tub and drying with a cloth or paper towel ...
MCQS PARAFFIN BAIT TECHNIQUE PARAFFIN BAIT TECHNIQUE PLAB, IELTS, USMLE, GRE, AIPGMEE, AIIMS, AFMC, BHU, CMC, JIPMER, PGI,...
MCQS PARAFFIN BAIT TECHNIQUE PARAFFIN BAIT TECHNIQUE PLAB, IELTS, USMLE, GRE, AIPGMEE, AIIMS, AFMC, BHU, CMC, JIPMER, PGI, SGPGI, ...
IHC (Paraffin section) Antibodies - Support (IHC-P): Novus Biologicals
Novus offers a wide range of antibodies for immunohistochemistry on paraffin sections. View our catalog of IHC-P products plus protocols and tips.
IHC (Paraffin section) Antibodies - Support (IHC-P): Novus Biologicals
Novus offers a wide range of antibodies for immunohistochemistry on paraffin sections. View our catalog of IHC-P products plus protocols and tips.
Experimental Carcinogenesis with 7,12-Dimethylbenz(a)Anthrazene (DMBA) and Its Inhibition with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a...
7,12-Dimethylbenz(a)anthrazene (DMBA) is a carcinogen that induces carcinomas within a few weeks of application. Forty-four male hamsters were divided into four groups: DMBA dissolved in paraffin oil (DMBA-PO), DMBA dissolved in olive oil (DMBA-OO), paraffin oil and olive oil. Their mouths were swabbed daily with paraffin oil or extra virgin olive oil alternatively for the first two weeks, during the biweekly application of DMBA at 0.5% diluted in paraffin oil or olive oil for five weeks and daily until the twentieth week. The animals in the DMBA-OO and olive oil groups received an additional diet of mature Picual olives. The DMBA-PO carcinogen effect (35 carcinomas) is 100% and the inhibitory effect 0. The use of olive oil as DMBA solvent and the ad libitum diet with Picual olive has an inhibitory effect of 80%, with only three intraepithelial carcinomas and four verrucous carcinomas occurring and no invasive carcinoma.
Paraffin Wax Oil Factory, China Paraffin Wax Oil Factory Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Paraffin Wax Oil Factory - Select 2017 high quality Paraffin Wax Oil Factory products in best price from certified Chinese White Paraffin Oil manufacturers, High Quality Paraffin Wax suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com
Clinical efficacy and safety of polyethylene glycol 3350 versus liquid paraffin in the treatment of pediatric functional...
Clinical efficacy and safety of polyethylene glycol 3350 versus liquid paraffin in the treatment of pediatric functional constipation.
COSMETIC COMPOSITION - Patent application
0240]Among the natural and synthetic cosmetic oily substances may be listed, for example: Vegetable oils. Examples of such oils are sunflower oil, olive oil, soybean oil, rapeseed oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, orange oil, wheat germ oil, peach-kernel oil, and the liquid components of coconut oil. Also suitable, however, are other triglyceride oils such as the liquid components of beef tallow, as well as synthetic triglyceride oils. Liquid paraffin oils, isoparaffin oils, and synthetic hydrocarbons, as well as di-n-alkyl ethers having a total of between 12 and 36 carbon atoms, in particular 12 to 24 carbon atoms, such as, for example, di-n-octyl ether, di-n-decyl ether, di-n-nonyl ether, di-n-undecyl ether, di-n-dodecyl ether, n-hexyl-n-octyl ether, n-octyl-n-decyl ether, n-decyl-n-undecyl ether, n-undecyl-n-dodecyl ether, and n-hexyl-n-undecyl ether, as well as ditert.-butyl ether, diisopentyl ether, di-3-ethyldecyl ether, tert.-butyl-n-octyl ether, isopentyl-n-octyl ether, and ...
China Semi-Refined Paraffin Wax - China Hot Sale Semi-Refined Paraffin Wax, All Kind of Hdpe Grades
China Semi-Refined Paraffin Wax, Find details about China Hot Sale Semi-Refined Paraffin Wax, All Kind of Hdpe Grades from Semi-Refined Paraffin Wax - Lanzhou Qianmiaonuo Trading Co., Ltd.
NY I84436 - The tariff classification of Mushers Secret from Canada - United States International Trade Commision Rulings
A sample of Mushers Secret was submitted with your inquiry for review. The item, packaged for retail sale, is a pet care product composed of beeswax, paraffin wax, Candelila wax and paraffin oil. Based on your letter, it is designed to protect the feet, pads or hooves of domestic animals ...
Paraffin tumor | definition of paraffin tumor by Medical dictionary
Looking for online definition of paraffin tumor in the Medical Dictionary? paraffin tumor explanation free. What is paraffin tumor? Meaning of paraffin tumor medical term. What does paraffin tumor mean?
Patent US5069617 - Wax-accumulated musical candle - Google Patents
A musical candle includes: a candle having at least a draining trench recessed in the candle fluidically communicated with a central wick hole secured with a wick therein, a holder casing for mounting the candle in the casing and for storing a musical integrated circuit for a sounding operation of the musical candle in the casing, and a wax accumulator formed in the holder casing for collecting paraffin oil drained from a molten wax stream flowing through the trench in the candle, thereby preventing a drainage of molten oil from the candle wax towards a table surface for preventing an oil contamination on the table surface.
Taxonomy and Epidemiology of Gram-negative Bacterial Plasmids Studied by DNA-DNA Filter Hybridization in Formamide |...
SUMMARY: Phylogenetic and epidemiological relatedness among transferable plasmids belonging to the IncC, IncM and IncH incompatibility groups has been studied by DNA-DNA filter hybridization. Hybridization was carried out on nitrocellulose microfilters, at low temperature, in formamide and under paraffin oil. The degree of hybridization among plasmids belonging to the IncC and IncM groups supported the conclusions drawn from genetic classification. Studies on relatedness among plasmids belonging to the IncH group allowed their classification into three phylogenetic sub-groups. Comparison of DNA sequences of three plasmids sharing the same genetic properties and isolated from different bacterial species suggested an epidemiological spread of the same plasmid.
Hair Growth - CRAZY Growth Overload Challenge!
So I just got back from shopping and Im glad to say that I finally have enough stuff for my new regimen. I found a 10% sulfur ointment in my pharmacy and decided to get that instead of sulfur 8. The instructions say to mix the ointment with equal parts of paraffin oil but Im going to mix it with twice the amount of castor oil and coconut oil instead. I hope itll work without being too drying. Havent taken pics yet coz Im a little lazy :P Oh well, another day. Anyway, heres my CRAZY GROWTH OVERLOAD REGIMEN!!! (crossing fingers and hoping itll work) Daily: Moisturize braids and scalp with Dark and Lovely Oil Moisturizing Spray, Massage scalp with a little sulfur mixture at night, GHE braids with a grocery bag except on wash days. Daily Vitamins: B-complex, Valupak Multivitamin, Valupak Hair, Nails and Skin vitamins. Weekly: Wash with Unilever Organics Shea Butter moisturising shampoo for dry and damaged hair, Condition with Unilever Organics Shea Butter moisturizing conditioner for dry and ...
Bismuth pentafluoride - Wikipedia
Bismuth pentafluoride is the inorganic compound with the formula BiF5. It is a white solid that is highly reactive. The compound is of interest to researchers but of not particular value. BiF5 is polymeric and consists of linear chains of trans-bridged corner sharing BiF6 octahedra. This is the same structure as α-UF5. BiF5 can be prepared by treating BiF3 with F2 at 500 °C. BiF3 + F2 → BiF5 In an alternative synthesis, ClF3 is the fluorinating agent at 350 °C. BiF3 + ClF3 → BiF5 + ClF Bismuth pentafluoride is the most reactive of the pnictogen pentafluorides and is an extremely strong fluorinating agent. It reacts vigorously with water to form ozone and oxygen difluoride, and with iodine or sulfur at room temperature. BiF5 fluorinates paraffin oil (hydrocarbons) to fluorocarbons above 50 °C and oxidises UF4 to UF6 at 150 °C. At 180 °C, bismuth pentafluoride fluorinates Br2 to BrF3 and Cl2 to ClF. BiF5 also reacts with alkali metal fluorides, MF, to form hexafluorobismuthates, M[BiF6], ...
Ovelle Emulsifying Ointment Tub 500g - Medipharm Online
Ovelle Emulsifying ointment is a mixture of paraffin oils. It is a greasy moisturiser that provides a layer of oil on the surface of the skin to prevent water evaporating from the skin surface.. ...
Adjuvants - Freedom Europe
Nearly all modern vaccines contain at least one vaccine adjuvant and some of them also contain preservatives.. An adjuvant is an agent/compound added to vaccines to potentiate (make more potent, activate) the immune response. The most common group of adjuvants used in vaccines are aluminum salts (aluminum phosphate, aluminum hydroxide and potassium aluminum sulfate).. Aluminum is a well known neurotoxin (3) & (7). Research have also showed that there may be a correlation between aluminum in vaccines and the rising occurrence of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) (10) & (12). The most questionable preservative used in vaccines is undoubtedly Thiomersal, which is a form of mercury capable of inducing CNS damage by migrating into the brain by crossing the blood brain barrier (11).. Other questionable adjuvants & preservatives used in vaccines are; Monosodium Slutamate (MSG), formaldehyde, Squalene, Paraffin Oil which is a petroleum product used in and adjuvant called Freunds Incomplete Adjuvant (FIA ...
Rubber composition for inner liner - Patent application
TABLE-US-00001 TABLE 1 Com. Ex. Ex. 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 Contents (part by weight) BR-IIR2255 100 100 80 100 100 80 100 100 100 79 100 NR -- -- 20 -- -- 20 -- -- -- 21 -- CB GPF 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 Thermal Expansion Microcapsule 1 1 15 30 -- -- -- -- 0.5 30.5 30 -- Thermal Expansion Microcapsule 2 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 15 Thermal Expansion Microcapsule 3 -- -- -- 1 15 30 -- -- -- -- -- Paraffin oil 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 Adhesive resin 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 Zinc oxide 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 Stearic acid 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 Sulfur 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 Evaluation Results Crack growth acc. acc. acc. acc. acc. acc. acc. acc. rej. acc. rej. Rubber density 1.119 0.96 0.8 1.055 0.90 .76 1.13 1.12 0.8 0.81 0.7 Air permeation performance 110 120 110 115 125 115 100 105 130 109 140 Cost 99 91 81 95 86 75 100 100 82 80 75 ...
Emulsifying Ointment B.P. - Gardiner Family Apothecary
Ovelle Emulsifying Ointment BP contains a blend of paraffin oils to hydrate and soften all skin types, especially dry skin. Formulated without fragrances, preservatives or colours, it gently soothes as a moisturiser when applied directly on the skin or cleanses as a soap substitute or bath additive. It is greasy and st
ipl d2 paraffin - china ipl d2 paraffin manufacturers and suppliers
ipl d2 paraffin manufacturers ipl d2 paraffin suppliers Directory - Browse ipl d2 paraffin products,Choose Quality ipl d2 paraffin manufacturers, suppliers, factory at B2BAGE
Paraffin Wax: Uses, Benefits, Risks, How to, and More
Paraffin wax is often used to help soften the skin of the hands, cuticles, and feet because its colorless, tasteless, and odorless. It may also have therapeutic benefits for people with joint mobility issues. Read on to learn more about the uses, benefits, and side effects of paraffin wax.
Chlorinated Paraffins Market 2015-2021: Global Analysis, competitive landscape, key players, Segment & Forecast - Times Of Kabul
The report covers forecast and analysis for the Chlorinated Paraffins market on a global and regional level. The study provides historic data of 2015 along with a forecast from 2016 to 2021 based on volume and revenue (USD Million). The study includes drivers and restraints for the market along with the impact they have on the demand over the forecast period. Additionally, the report includes a study of opportunities available in the Chlorinated Paraffins market on a global level.. Request Free Sample Report at http://www.syndicatemarketresearch.com/request-for-sample.html?flag=S&repid=76163. In order to give the users of this report a comprehensive view on the Chlorinated Paraffins market, we have included a detailed competitive scenario and product portfolio of key vendors. To understand the competitive landscape in the market, an analysis of Porters five forces model for the Chlorinated Paraffins market has also been included, strategic development along with patents analysis is included in ...
China CE Approved Sterile Paraffin Gauze Swab with Competitive Price - China Vasline Gauze, Paraffin Gauze
China CE Approved Sterile Paraffin Gauze Swab with Competitive Price, Find details about China Vasline Gauze, Paraffin Gauze from CE Approved Sterile Paraffin Gauze Swab with Competitive Price - Changzhou Operson Imp. and Exp. Co., Ltd.
Appendix-Manometric determination of the solubility of oxygen in liquid paraffin, olive oil and silicone fluids | Biochemical...
Thank you for your interest in spreading the word about Biochemical Journal.. NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. We do not capture any email address.. ...
Tissue Array | Tissue MicroArray | Pantomics inc.
Our tissue repository contains thousands of paraffin tissue blocks, a large selection of tissue section slides of human cancer, normal tissue and rhesus normal fresh frozen tissue as well as paraffin blocks and slides. Tissue arrays (also Tissue MicroArrays or TMAs) contain up to 1000 tissue samples per microscope slide, allowing high-throughput analysis of RNA, DNA or protein molecules in diseases, which is particularly useful in biomarker research and drug target validation.
ASMscience | Immunohistochemistry: Pr
This chapter presents current, practical methods that are applicable for performance of quality immunostains in the modern automated immunohistochemistry (IHC) laboratory. The cross-links are believed to be responsible for masking antibody-binding epitopes and to be a major cause of lack of sensitivity in paraffin section IHC. In spite of its inherent detrimental effects on antigenicity and IHC, a proper and consistent protocol for fixation with neutrally buffered formalin is imperative for high-quality IHC. Paraffin tissue sections for IHC are usually cut at a thickness of 4 to 6 μm. In order to retain sections on the glass microscope slide throughout the staining process, it is necessary to use slides that have been specially treated to increase their adhesive properties. Most antibodies used in a clinical IHC laboratory are commercially available and have well-characterized specificities. For analyte-specific reagents, it is assumed that good manufacturing practices have been followed and that the
Hello Jamie, A friend of mine stained xenographs with an anti-VEGF that recognizes both mouse and human VEGF. She purchased this antibody from Oncogene. Sorry it took so long, but my friend returned to Germany and it was difficult to get the information. Best Regards, Matthew Ogdie InnoGenex (925)543-1414 -----Original Message----- From: Jamie Erickson [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Friday, December 03, 1999 8:10 AM To: [email protected]; [email protected] Subject: Re: CD31? Hi Denise, Im presently working on a mouse model of angiogenisis and I have been asked to try a variety of endothelial markers. I have been using vWF (von Willibrands factor), CD31 and v-cam-1 and I-cam-1. vWF stains endothelial cells very well in formalin fixed paraffin embedded mouse skin tissue. CD31 works on paraffin tissues but what I think the researcher need is a marker for neovascularization, something like a mouse VEGF which I dont know of any? So far I have not been able to shead light on the ...
GFP paraffin sections and/or =?UNKNOWN?Q?=DF-galactosidase?=
hi everyone, one question I have: Does anybody has a protocol for immunostaining with anti-gfp in paraffin embedded tissues/sections, we have very low repoter expression and are not able to see fluorescency by microscopy. Or is there the other possibility with #223#-gal as reporter: I thought of fixing the whole organism (small snails) and incubate them in #223#-gal staining solution before embedding in paraffin and section.. Thank you very much for help ! Oliver Heyers Humboldt University Institute of Molecular Parasitology Berlin Germany __________________________________________________________________ Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de M#246#chten Sie mit einem Gru#223# antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de ...
2017-2022 India Paraffin Wax Market Report (Status and Outlook) : ReportsnReports
[113 Pages Report] Check for Discount on 2017-2022 India Paraffin Wax Market Report (Status and Outlook) report by LP Information INC. ...
EM-400 Embedding Medium Paraffin - Product: Leica Biosystems
400 Embedding Medium is a blend of purified paraffin with synthetic polymers that enables sectioning with minimal compression. The medium can facilitate routine sectioning at 1-2 microns on a rotary microtome. Its low melting point (56-57º C, water bath temperature 37-42º C) reduces potential artifactual distortion in tissues heated above 60º during paraffin impregnation. ...
Plain Paraffin Hollow Ear Candles, 2 pk, Wallys Natural Products | VitaSprings.com
Buy Discount Plain Paraffin Hollow Ear Candles, 2 pk, Wallys Natural Products at VitaSprings. Find more product information on Plain Paraffin Hollow Ear Candles and shop online.
Epaderm Ointment 1kg | Chemist Counter Direct
|p||strong|Contents:|/strong||br /| Yellow soft paraffin 30%, emulsifying wax 30% and liquid paraffin.|br /||br /||strong|Indication:|/strong||br /| For eczema, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions.|br /||br /||strong|Dosage:|/strong||br /| Use directl
My Weigh UltraShip U2 USB Shipping Scale
My Weigh UltraShip-U2 USB shipping scale with a 60 pound capacity and dual resolutions starting at 0.1 ounce. Letter and tube holder included.
Anti-Human MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody for Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p))
Compare & find the top performing anti-Human MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody for Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p)).
Anti-Mouse (Murine) NGFR antibody for Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p))
Compare & find the top performing anti-Mouse (Murine) NGFR antibody for Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p)).
Liquid paraffin (drug) - Wikipedia
The cosmetic or medicinal liquid paraffin should not be confused with the paraffin (or kerosene) used as a fuel. ... "Magnesium & Liquid Paraffin". Patient UK.. *^ Sejben, István; Rácz, András; Svébis, Mihály; Patyi, Márta; Cserni, Gábor (August ... Liquid paraffin, also known as paraffinum liquidum, is a very highly refined mineral oil used in cosmetics and for medical ... Liquid paraffin is also used in combination with magnesium as an osmotic laxative, sold under the trade name Mil-Par (among ...
Paraffin-enabled graphene transfer | Nature Communications
The paraffin-enabled transfer process could open realms for the development of high-performance ubiquitous electronics based on ... The paraffin-transferred graphene has smooth morphology and high electrical reliability with uniform sheet resistance with ~1% ... Here, the authors develop a transfer approach using paraffin as a support layer and obtain wrinkle-reduced and clean large-area ... Here, we report a transfer approach using paraffin as a support layer, whose thermal properties, low chemical reactivity and ...
Paraffin poisoning: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
This article discusses what may occur if you swallow or eat paraffin. ... Paraffin is a solid waxy substance used to make candles and other items. ... If the paraffin contains a dye, a person who has an allergy to that dye may develop tongue and throat swelling, wheezing, and ... Paraffin is a solid waxy substance used to make candles and other items. This article discusses what may occur if you swallow ...
Alternatives to Paraffin Wax | eHow
Paraffin wax candles also release a carbon soot when burned, which spreads throughout the home. As a result of these negative ... Gel candle wax can also be used to make candles, although it results in a different appearance than paraffin wax. Gel candle ... However, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) claims that paraffin wax candles are contributing to the pollution of our ... Soybean wax candles will also burn at least 10 to 20 percent longer than a paraffin wax candle. ...
PARAFFIN || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG
Lizards Preserved in Paraffin | Science News
Science News was founded in 1921 as an independent, nonprofit source of accurate information on the latest news of science, medicine and technology. Today, our mission remains the same: to empower people to evaluate the news and the world around them. It is published by the Society for Science, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization dedicated to public engagement in scientific research and education.. ...
Yellow soft paraffin BP
Yellow soft paraffin is also known as yellow petroleum jelly. This is not an active ingredient as such, but works as a ... What is yellow soft paraffin used for?. *Dry skin conditions.. How does yellow soft paraffin work?. Yellow soft paraffin is ... Yellow soft paraffin BP. Yellow soft paraffin is also known as yellow petroleum jelly. This is not an active ingredient as such ... Paraffin is highly flammable and dressings, bandages, clothing, bed linen, towels or other fabrics that have been in contact ...
Liquid paraffin oral emulsion BP
Liquid paraffin is a type of medicine called a laxative. It works by softening and lubricating the stools. This helps the ... Liquid paraffin oral emulsion BP. Liquid paraffin is a type of medicine called a laxative. It works by softening and ... Liquid paraffin is a type of medicine called a laxative. It works by softening and lubricating the stools. This helps the ... It is not often used, as the liquid paraffin can sometimes leak from the bottom. ...
paraffin | Ecology Center
Most candles on the market today are made from paraffin wax or a blend of paraffin and other… Read more » ... Posted in Blog , Tagged beeswax, Big Dipper Waxworks, candles, GMO, Lumia, paraffin, soy , 1 Reply ... Tag Archives: paraffin. The Ecology Center Store Shines a Light on Candles. November 18, 2010. by Ecology Center ...
CDC - NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards - Paraffin wax fume
Paraffin wax - Wikipedia
Un-dyed, unscented paraffin candles are odorless and bluish-white. Paraffin wax was first created in 1830 in Germany[citation ... Common applications for paraffin wax include lubrication, electrical insulation, and candles;  dyed paraffin wax can be made ... In chemistry, paraffin is used synonymously with alkane, indicating hydrocarbons with the general formula CnH2n+2. The name is ... "Paraffin Wax (Fully Refined)". Barasat Wax Refiner. Retrieved 21 December 2012.. *^ "Wax Refining". The International Group, ...
Paraffin - Wikipedia
Paraffin may refer to: Paraffin wax, a white colored thing that is used to indicate the presence of oxygen gas Liquid paraffin ... also called soft paraffin Tractor vaporizing oil, a fuel for petrol-paraffin engines "Paraffin" (song) the first single off the ... Paraffin oil (disambiguation) Paraffin test This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Paraffin. If an ... a fuel that is also known as paraffin Mineral oil, any of various colorless, odorless, light mixtures of alkanes in the C15 to ...
Understanding Kelvin-Helmholtz instability in paraffin-based hybrid rocket fuels | SpringerLink
2.1 Paraffin-based fuels. Three different paraffin-based fuels have been investigated in the framework of this research. The ... 2.2 Paraffin-based fuels characterization. Characterization of the paraffin samples is necessary, since the entrainment process ... Two main test campaigns were performed with two different fuel compositions: pure paraffin 6805 and the same paraffin with 5% ... pure paraffin 6805 and the same paraffin with 5% polymer were analysed with an oxidizer mass flow varying in a range from 10 to ...
M. tuberculosis in Lymph Node Biopsy Paraffin-Embedded Sections
The next morning the paraffin-impregnated specimen was embedded in a larger block of molten paraffin. Then the block was ... The paraffin was dissolved from the tissue on the slide by incubator and stained by H/E and AFB stain separately. ... M. tuberculosis in Lymph Node Biopsy Paraffin-Embedded Sections. Abdurehman Eshete, Ahmed Zeyinudin, Solomon Ali, Solomon Abera ... Even if we used less sensitive detection technique, the magnitude of M. tuberculosis from lymph node paraffin sections was ...
Paraffin Wax: Uses, Benefits, Risks, How to, and More
Read on to learn more about the uses, benefits, and side effects of paraffin wax. ... Paraffin wax is often used to help soften the skin of the hands, cuticles, and feet because its colorless, tasteless, and ... Thats because paraffin comes from petroleum products.. If youre doing a paraffin wax treatment at home, take care not to heat ... Paraffin has cosmetic and therapeutic benefits.. Cosmetic benefits. Cosmetically, paraffin wax is often applied to the hands ...
Huile de Paraffine Cooper - Drugs.com
A list of US medications equivalent to Huile de Paraffine Cooper is available on the Drugs.com website. ... Huile de Paraffine Cooper is a medicine available in a number of countries worldwide. ... Ingredient matches for Huile de Paraffine Cooper. Magnesium Oxide. Paraffin liquid is reported as an ingredient of Huile de ... Huile de Paraffine Cooper. Huile de Paraffine Cooper may be available in the countries listed below. ...
PCR amplification from paraffin-embedded tissue sections.
... Zhonglin Chai Zhonglin.Chai at baker.edu.au Thu Jan 11 17:36:18 EST ... Hello Everyone, I am attempting to pcr from paraffin sections and have problem to get it to work. I have found a few messages ... The DNA extraction methods are similarly based on removal of paraffin using Xylene/ethanol, Digestion of proteins using ...
What are Paraffin Wax Treatments? (with pictures)
During a paraffin wax treatment, a persons hands or... ... Paraffin wax treatments are a spa treatment used to soften ... Paraffin wax is a softer wax because of the paraffin oil component. Because it is a soft wax, it melts at a lower than normal ... The paraffin itself does not enter the skin because the molecules are too large. It is my understanding that the paraffin heat ... Paraffin wax treatments are luxurious spa treatments that are intended to moisturize and soften the skin. Paraffin wax ...
Paraffin oxidation - Wikipedia
The oxidation of paraffins was carried out in the liquid phase by molecular oxygen, e.g. by aerating with oxygen or atmospheric ... Paraffin oxidation enabled for first time the large-scale production of synthetic butter from coal by chemical means which was ... Paraffin oxidation is a historical industrial process for the production of synthetic fatty acids. The fatty acids are further ... The paraffin oxidation was almost exclusively run in a discontinuous batch mode. Fractions were selected based on the intended ...
Paraffin oils - Registration Dossier - ECHA
The absorbed Mineral Paraffin Oil is distributed to the liver and fatty tissues. Aliphatic hydrocarbons in this fraction are ... Moreover, Mineral Paraffin Oils have been used as solvent controls in a number of reproductive and developmental studies and ... The data on toxicokinetics of Mineral Paraffin Oil confirm that long-chain aliphatic hydrocarbons have only limited absorption ... reproductive or developmental toxicity is not likely to be associated with exposure to Mineral Paraffin Oils. ...
Paraffin oils - Substance Information - ECHA
About this substance This section provides an overview of the calculated volume at which the substance is manufactured or imported to the European Economic Area (EU28 + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway). Additionally, if available, information on the use of the substance and how consumers and workers are likely to be exposed to it can also be displayed here.. The use information is displayed per substance life cycle stage (consumer use, in articles, by professional workers (widespread uses), in formulation or re-packing, at industrial sites or in manufacturing). The information is aggregated from the data coming from REACH substance registrations provided by industry.. For a detailed overview on identified uses and environmental releases, please consult the registered substance factsheet.. Use descriptors are adapted from ECHA guidance to improve readability and may not correspond textually to descriptor codes described in Chapter R.12: Use Descriptor system of ECHA Guidance on information ...
Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues - Methods and Protocols | Fahd Al-Mulla | Springer
Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues: Methods and Protocols collects contributions from expert researchers in order to ... Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues. Book Subtitle. Methods and Protocols. Editors. * Fahd Al-Mulla ... Authoritative and accessible, Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues: Methods and Protocols serves as a practical guide for ... Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues. Methods and Protocols. Editors: Al-Mulla, Fahd (Ed.) ...
paraffin | Origin and meaning of paraffin by Online Etymology Dictionary
PARAFFIN Meaning: not very, too little, which probably is related to parvus little, small (from PIE root *pau- (1)… See ... Definitions of paraffin from WordNet. paraffin. (. n.. ). from crude petroleum. ; used for candles and for preservative or ... paraffin (n.). colorless, tasteless fatty crystalline substance obtained from petroleum, etc., 1838, from German Paraffin, ... The liquid form (originally paraffin oil) Reichenbach called eupion, but this was the standard meaning of paraffin in English ...
High and Low Temperature Properties of FT-Paraffin-Modified Bitumen
Flowers replace flames in Giuseppe Bessero Belti's paraffin lamp vases
Giuseppe Bessero Belti has designed a prototype collection of vases that combine 3D printing with repurposed paraffin lamp ... Flowers replace flames in paraffin lamp vases by Giuseppe Bessero Belti. Share: ... The shape of the chimneys in paraffin lamps varied enormously between the late 18th century and the second half of the 19th ... Beltis prototype Experimenta vases includes a cylindrical 3D-printed nylon container that mimics the form of a paraffin lamp ...
IHC-paraffin : Immunohistochemisty, Miscroscopy | Cell Signaling
IHC-paraffin : Immunohistochemisty, Miscroscopy | Cell Signaling
Highly multiplexed single-cell analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded cancer tissue | PNAS
Highly multiplexed single-cell analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded cancer tissue. Michael J. Gerdes, Christopher J. ... Highly multiplexed single-cell analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded cancer tissue ... and subcellular characterization of multiple analytes in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue. Chemical inactivation of ...
Topic - paraffin - NAILS Magazine
Gena Peach Paraffin January 29, 2015 , Product Genas Peach Paraffin is fresh and fruity, and creates a therapeutic heat ... Spa Revolutions sanitary, self-heating PerfectSense Paraffin system offers the ability to provide a paraffin upgrade with an ... New Paraffin Treatment Keeps on Giving July 31, 2014 , Article Launched last year by salon owner Deanna Montrose, gLOVE Treat ... Single-Use Paraffin Wax Traps Moisture Into the Skin March 7, 2018 , Article ...
Light liquid paraffinFood-grade paraffin waxSamples of formalin-fixed paraffin-embeddedFixed paraffin embeddedAlkaneTissuesPerfectSense ParaffinHydrocarbonCandlesSemi Refined Paraffin WaxOilsSpecimensMeltIngredientFully refined paraffinTreatmentsTissue sectionsPeach ParaffinSolid mixture of hydrocarbonsSuppliersFFPEAmount of paraffinPetroleum productsWaxingManicureKeroseneWhite or colorlessBlendTherapeuticCandleTemperatureEmbeddingBiodegradableCarbon atomsWaxy2017PedicuresManicuresWarmerXyleneSubstanceBeeswaxMuscle spasmsGradeProductsTreatmentMethods
Light liquid paraffin3
- The term paraffinum perliquidum is sometimes used to denote light liquid paraffin. (wikipedia.org)
- Oilatum Emollient Light liquid paraffin for the treatment of dry and itchy skin conditions including eczema and dermatitis. (chemistdirect.co.uk)
- Oilatum Emoillient Light Liquid Paraffin containing light liquid paraffin has been formulated to treat itchy , irritating dry skin conditions including eczema and dermatitis, particularly when they affect large areas of your body. (chemistdirect.co.uk)
Food-grade paraffin wax1
- To begin, place 4 pounds of food-grade paraffin wax into either the top of a double boiler or a crockpot on low heat. (ganoksin.com)
Samples of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded2
- The scientists used 442 samples of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded specimens from lung cancer patients at UNC and the University of Utah Health Sciences Center as they developed their predictor. (medindia.net)
- In this study, we prepared total RNA from paired samples of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) and fresh frozen malignant melanoma, and used that in microarray experiments to compare miRNA expression profiles between FFPE and fresh tissue with corresponding mRNA expression profiles from the same tissue sources. (nih.gov)
Fixed paraffin embedded15
- Presenting an area of research that intersects with and integrates diverse disciplines, including genomics, epigenetics, proteomics, and cellular biology, among others, Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues: Methods and Protocols collects contributions from expert researchers in order to provide practical guidelines to this complex study. (springer.com)
- Authoritative and accessible, Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues: Methods and Protocols serves as a practical guide for scientists of all backgrounds and aims to convey the appropriate sense of fascination associated with this vital field of research. (springer.com)
- This text can be considered an introductory compendium of current methods and protocols in Molecular Biology for the use of Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues that will be particularly suited to new researchers in the field who are eager to develop expertise. (springer.com)
- In addition, our institute provides newly established molecular biologic methods (PCR) enabling not only an exact differentiation between liver cancer or metastases and AE but also species-specific diagnosis based on native material from operations on AE patients and on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue (12). (acronymfinder.com)
- MicroRNA expression profiling outperforms mRNA expression profiling in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues. (nih.gov)
- de Planell-Saguer, M., Rodicio, M. C. & Mourelatos, Z. Rapid in situ codetection of noncoding RNAs and proteins in cells and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections without protease treatment . (polysciences.com)
- Utility of Histologic and Histochemical Screening for 16S Ribosomal RNA Gene Sequencing of Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded Tissue for Bacterial Endocarditis. (harvard.edu)
- Janaki N, Harbhajanka A, Michael CW, Bomeisl P, Wasman J, Atchley M, Miskiewicz K, Alouani D, Sadri N. Comparison of cytocentrifugation supernatant fluid and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue for targeted next-generation sequencing. (harvard.edu)
- Immunofluorescence Labeling of Nuclear Receptor Expression in Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded Tissue. (harvard.edu)
- Nonfouling, Encoded Hydrogel Microparticles for Multiplex MicroRNA Profiling Directly from Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded Tissue. (harvard.edu)
- These include rapid and robust WES of DNA derived from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumor tissue, analytical output similar to data from frozen samples and clinical interpretation of WES data for prospective use. (nature.com)
- Here, we describe a prospective clinical WES platform for archival formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumor samples. (nature.com)
- Targeted high throughput sequencing in clinical cancer settings: formaldehyde fixed-paraffin embedded (FFPE) tumor tissues, input amount and tumor heterogeneity. (nature.com)
- TY - JOUR T1 - Molecular detection of SARS-CoV-2 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded specimens. (unboundmedicine.com)
- Do I need to perform antigen retrieval on my formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples prior to staining? (biolegend.com)
- Here, we propose to use paraffin as a transfer support layer based on two rationales: (1) paraffin is an alkane with a simple unreactive chemical structure and (2) it has a high thermal expansion coefficient. (nature.com)
- In chemistry, paraffin is used synonymously with alkane , indicating hydrocarbons with the general formula C n H 2 n +2 . (wikipedia.org)
- The absorbed Mineral Paraffin Oil is distributed to the liver and fatty tissues. (europa.eu)
- One of the most common forms of IHC uses tissues that are fixed with paraformaldehyde and then embedded in paraffin (IHC-P). However, because this preparation can mask the epitope that the antibody needs to detect, it is often recommended to perform antigen retrieval methods on paraffin embedded tissues. (novusbio.com)
- Spa Revolution's sanitary, self-heating PerfectSense Paraffin system offers the ability to provide a paraffin upgrade with an activation time of only five minutes. (nailsmag.com)
- Why PerfectSense Paraffin? (massagewarehouse.com)
- Spa Revolutions' PerfectSense Paraffin combines total portability and electricity-free heating, refreshing aromatherapy, and powerful formulas designed to address a multitude of skin care needs. (nailsmag.com)
- Paraffin wax is a soft colourless solid, derived from petroleum , coal or shale oil , that consists of a mixture of hydrocarbon molecules containing between twenty and forty carbon atoms. (wikipedia.org)
- The hydrocarbon C 31 H 64 is a typical component of paraffin wax. (wikipedia.org)
- Paraffin and hydrocarbon waxes do not meet EU criteria for flammability. (europa.eu)
- Paraffin is a solid waxy substance used to make candles and other items. (medlineplus.gov)
- However, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) claims that paraffin wax candles are contributing to the pollution of our indoor air quality. (ehow.com)
- Paraffin wax candles also release a carbon soot when burned, which spreads throughout the home. (ehow.com)
- As a result of these negative qualities, many people are beginning to look for an alternative to paraffin wax for making candles. (ehow.com)
- Gel candle wax can also be used to make candles, although it results in a different appearance than paraffin wax. (ehow.com)
- Soybean wax candles will also burn at least 10 to 20 percent longer than a paraffin wax candle. (ehow.com)
- Un-dyed, unscented paraffin candles are odorless and bluish-white. (wikipedia.org)
- Paraffin wax was first created in 1830 in Germany [ citation needed ] , and marked a major advancement in candlemaking technology, as it burned more cleanly and reliably than tallow candles and was cheaper to produce. (wikipedia.org)
- It smelled so good, nothing like the paraffin that you make candles from. (thriftyfun.com)
Semi Refined Paraffin Wax1
- We are glad to offer you Numaligarh Refinery Limited's Fully Refined and Semi Refined Paraffin Wax at best and competitive price. (tradeindia.com)
- Moreover, Mineral Paraffin Oils have been used as solvent controls in a number of reproductive and developmental studies and have consistently shown no evidence of reproductive or developmental effects in rats (EU EFSA, 2009). (europa.eu)
- Based on the information summarised here, reproductive or developmental toxicity is not likely to be associated with exposure to Mineral Paraffin Oils. (europa.eu)
- It was a medical grade, had oils and minerals added to it, and was much softer than standard paraffin. (thriftyfun.com)
- It also seemed to hold heat longer than regular paraffin when used and the oils helped it peel off the skin, fingernails and body easier than the standard stuff. (thriftyfun.com)
- With over 30 years in the field, Total's Special Fluids division has specialist expertise in producing paraffin oils used to protect crops against insects and plant diseases. (total.co.uk)
- Some of our paraffin oils can be used on their own as highly effective fungicides, preventing the transmission of diseases and the arrival of spores on treated plants. (total.co.uk)
- We market two groups of paraffin oils for crop protection. (total.co.uk)
- Total's paraffin oils for crop protection are trusted solutions for agricultural producers around the world. (total.co.uk)
- Unlike other pesticides and plant disease treatments, the environmental impact of our paraffin oils is extremely low, and they have been awarded the Total Ecosolutions label for their sustainability and low environmental impact by an external panel. (total.co.uk)
- Our predictor identifies the major histologic types of lung cancer in paraffin-embedded tissue specimens which is immediately useful in confirming the histologic diagnosis in difficult tissue biopsy specimens. (medindia.net)
- We had lung cancer genes we already knew were differentially expressed in the different tumor types, so we measured them in tumor paraffin specimens. (medindia.net)
- The infiltrating of tissue specimens with paraffin, as a supporting substance, to prepare for sectioning with a microtome. (harvard.edu)
- Both paraffin-embedded tissue specimens and buccal cells are excellent resources for large-scale molecular epidemiological studies. (nih.gov)
- For paraffin-embedded tissue specimens, amplification of the beta-globin gene sequence was successful in 30 of 34 (88.2%) by the simple boiling method, 29 of 34 (85.3%) samples using DNA extracted by the phenol-chloroform method, and 18 of 34 (52.9%) by the DNA Mini Kit. (nih.gov)
- Both the simple boiling method and the phenol-chloroform method are better methods for DNA isolation from paraffin-embedded tissue specimens, and the phenol-chloroform method is the best method for DNA extraction from buccal cells. (nih.gov)
- The easiest way to melt paraffin wax at home is to use a double boiler. (healthline.com)
- Spa specialists melt blocks of paraffin wax in special vats. (wisegeek.com)
- If you have a paraffin bath, it may not be able to melt the beeswax. (thriftyfun.com)
- The melt temperature of the paraffin is 122°, and as soon as that temperature is reached, it turns into a liquid and flows down into the glove or boot. (massagewarehouse.com)
- The TherabathPRO Paraffin Hot Wax Bath automatically maintains a medically prescribed temperature and the energy-efficient design includes a safe-melt system for reliable 24-hour operation. (massagewarehouse.com)
- For paraffin treatment 140 oF or 60 oC is considered enough to keep paraffin in solution, but we use 80 oC to melt it in the pipe. (aapg.org)
- Paraffin is the poisonous ingredient. (medlineplus.gov)
- Revolutionizing the paraffin industry with the addition of Swiss Apple Stem Cell, a proven ingredient for age-reducing support, Nourishment + is the premier age reversal paraffin complex that helps maintain optimal skin health through regular hydration, nourishment, and protection. (massagewarehouse.com)
Fully refined paraffin1
- The Parvan™ line offers fully refined paraffin waxes with low-, mid- and high-range melting points. (exxonmobil.com)
- You could also purchase a portable paraffin wax bath to use for at-home treatments. (healthline.com)
- What are Paraffin Wax Treatments? (wisegeek.com)
- Paraffin wax treatments are luxurious spa treatments that are intended to moisturize and soften the skin. (wisegeek.com)
- Paraffin wax treatments are most often applied to the hands and feet as components of manicures and pedicures respectively. (wisegeek.com)
- Paraffin wax treatments are particular popular in the winter because they are warming and because they help moisturize dry and cracked skin. (wisegeek.com)
- Many posh spas offer lavender paraffin wax treatments. (wisegeek.com)
- One or two moisturizing paraffin wax treatments can help a great deal during snowy months. (wisegeek.com)
- If you are interested in purchasing paraffin wax treatments for yourself or as gifts, get in touch with the spas in your area to see if they are offered. (wisegeek.com)
- Begin Facial Paraffin treatments at a minimal cost. (head2toebeauty.com)
- Thermostatically controlled heating unit for paraffin therapy treatments. (head2toebeauty.com)
- The same type of schedule applies to paraffin well treatments. (aapg.org)
Solid mixture of hydrocarbons1
- Paraffin is a solid mixture of hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum. (ewg.org)
- Archived formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue collections represent invaluable resources for studying pathogenesis of cancer and a variety of other diseases. (sigmaaldrich.com)
Amount of paraffin3
- When everything has gone well in fixing, dehydrating, infiltrating the specimen and embedding it, you should have obtained a paraffin block containing the specimen surrounded with generally- a too generous amount of paraffin wax. (microscopy-uk.org.uk)
- VILNIUS - Lithuania on Monday handed a diplomatic note to Russia over a large amount of paraffin wax found in the Curonian Spit in late January. (baltictimes.com)
- In the first note, we ask Russia for information as to what production facilities in their area could have illegally discharged a large amount of paraffin that has reached our shores,' Deputy Environment Minister Justina Grigaraviciene told BNS in a comment. (baltictimes.com)
- The first step in making paraffin wax is to remove the oil (de-oiling or de-waxing) from the slack wax. (wikipedia.org)
- Unlike most standard manicures, which focus on the fingernails, a paraffin manicure focuses on the entire hand. (wisegeek.com)
White or colorless1
- Paraffin wax is a white or colorless soft, solid wax. (healthline.com)
- You might consider adding a few ounces of melted beeswax to melted paraffin for a blend. (thriftyfun.com)
- what i mean is if i use a low sulphur diesel and blend with paraffin, the sulphur level gos up. (infopop.cc)
- The company's new Nourishment+ paraffin blend boasts superior preventative and age-reducing properties with the addition of Swiss apple stem cells. (nailsmag.com)
- Paraffin has cosmetic and therapeutic benefits. (healthline.com)
- To address the graphene wrinkling issue, we scoop up the paraffin-supported graphene layer with a destination substrate from deionized water at a higher temperature of 40 °C, rather than the usual room temperature. (nature.com)
- The melting temperature for beeswax does not fall in the spectrum of acceptable heat for a paraffin type bath. (thriftyfun.com)
- The paraffin tissue block can be stored at room temperature for years. (biolegend.com)
- Does anyone have a nice protocol for embedding zebrafish embryos in paraffin? (bio.net)
- Paraffin Embedding" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) . (harvard.edu)
- This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Paraffin Embedding" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Paraffin Embedding" was a major or minor topic of these publication. (harvard.edu)
- Below are the most recent publications written about "Paraffin Embedding" by people in Profiles. (harvard.edu)
- wherein a majority of said linear and branched paraffins comprise at least about 14 carbon atoms. (google.com)
- 1838, from German Paraffin , coined c.1830 by German chemist Karl von Reichenbach (1788-1869), who first obtained it as a waxy substance from wood tar, irregularly from Latin parum "not very, too little," probably related to parvus "little, small" (see parvi- ) + affinis "associated with" (see affinity ). (dictionary.com)
- Paraffin wax is mostly found as a white, odorless, tasteless, waxy solid, with a typical melting point between about 46 and 68 °C (115 and 154 °F),  and a density of around 900 kg/m 3 . (wikipedia.org)
- Paraffin wax was first created in 1830 by the German chemist Karl von Reichenbach when he tried to develop the means to efficiently separate and refine the waxy substances naturally occurring in petroleum. (wikipedia.org)
- The analysts forecast the global paraffin wax market to grow at a CAGR of 3.93% during the period 2017-2021. (researchandmarkets.com)
- The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global paraffin wax market for 2017-2021. (researchandmarkets.com)
- The report, Global Paraffin Wax Market 2017-2021, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. (researchandmarkets.com)
- Some salons and spas may offer a paraffin wax bath as part of their manicures and pedicures, but most offer it as a separate treatment, too. (healthline.com)
- My gel polish manicures include a paraffin dip. (beautytech.com)
- No-stain, no-rinse formula for fast and easy removal of paraffin from warmer, floors, tabletops or clothes. (head2toebeauty.com)
- Pieces of a substance similar to paraffin wax were first spotted on Lithuania's beaches on January 23. (baltictimes.com)
- With the help of our hard-working team, we are engaged in manufacturing and supplying a quality approved grade of Paraffin wax Emu. (tradeindia.com)
- Therabath Professional Grade Paraffin Be. (allegromedical.com)
- Now you can own a commercial-quality, professional-grade Paraffin Hot Wax Therapy bath to use in your business or the privacy of your home. (massagewarehouse.com)
- Show all 816 recent products that contain PARAFFIN. (ewg.org)
- On paraffin and the products of its oxidation. (wikipedia.org)
- Parvan products are derived from petroleum via a carefully controlled refining process and are primarily comprised of straight chain normal paraffin hydrocarbons, which impart excellent gloss and water repellent properties. (exxonmobil.com)
- Total paraffin oil products are excellent insecticides. (total.co.uk)
- The kit includes all the products needed to start up your paraffin business. (head2toebeauty.com)
- These bags tend to smell like coal sacks themselves, and many man made fibres are by-products of fossil fuels, so I imagine the paraffin 'scent' of 'value' clothes is built in. (gransnet.com)
- If you're doing a paraffin wax treatment at home, take care not to heat the wax too much, as it may catch fire. (healthline.com)
- The cost of a paraffin wax treatment varies greatly by salon, starting from around $15. (healthline.com)
- You can have a paraffin wax treatment done at a nail salon or spa, but you can also do it at home. (healthline.com)
- Rather, after a paraffin wax treatment, the skin is left slick and soft. (wisegeek.com)
- A paraffin wax treatment may help prevent cracking of the skin on the hands due to dryness. (wisegeek.com)
- Can paraffin wax be used for the treatment of leprosy? (wisegeek.com)
- There shouldn't be any reason why a pregnant woman could not have a paraffin wax treatment on the hands or feet. (wisegeek.com)
- One of the easiest ways is with a paraffin wax treatment for your tired, achy hands. (ganoksin.com)
- Launched last year by salon owner Deanna Montrose, gLOVE Treat is a paraffin wax treatment for both in-salon and home use that is housed inside a microwave-safe thermal glove. (nailsmag.com)
- A must for your clients that enhances the effects of the in-salon paraffin treatment. (head2toebeauty.com)
- For paraffin treatment the heating takes a few hours to half a day once every few weeks with production shut off, then pumping resumes. (aapg.org)
- Here, we present methods for formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded sections. (frontiersin.org)
- A favorite of health, wellness and beauty professionals for more than 40 years, the TherabathPRO Paraffin Hot Wax Bath provides one of the most effective methods of applying heat therapy and delivering fast, drug-free relief of painful arthritis, bursitis and chronic joint inflammation. (massagewarehouse.com)