Health Facilities, Proprietary
Bedding and Linens
Animals which have become adapted through breeding in captivity to a life intimately associated with humans. They include animals domesticated by humans to live and breed in a tame condition on farms or ranches for economic reasons, including LIVESTOCK (specifically CATTLE; SHEEP; HORSES; etc.), POULTRY; and those raised or kept for pleasure and companionship, e.g., PETS; or specifically DOGS; CATS; etc.
Health Facility Merger
Financial Management, Hospital
Sensory functions that transduce stimuli received by proprioceptive receptors in joints, tendons, muscles, and the INNER EAR into neural impulses to be transmitted to the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. Proprioception provides sense of stationary positions and movements of one's body parts, and is important in maintaining KINESTHESIA and POSTURAL BALANCE.
A protozoan disease caused in humans by four species of the PLASMODIUM genus: PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM VIVAX; PLASMODIUM OVALE; and PLASMODIUM MALARIAE; and transmitted by the bite of an infected female mosquito of the genus ANOPHELES. Malaria is endemic in parts of Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Oceania, and certain Caribbean islands. It is characterized by extreme exhaustion associated with paroxysms of high FEVER; SWEATING; shaking CHILLS; and ANEMIA. Malaria in ANIMALS is caused by other species of plasmodia.
Health Facility Planning
Hospital-Physician Joint Ventures
Use of marketing principles also used to sell products to consumers to promote ideas, attitudes and behaviors. Design and use of programs seeking to increase the acceptance of a social idea or practice by target groups, not for the benefit of the marketer, but to benefit the target audience and the general society.
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Analog or digital communications device in which the user has a wireless connection from a telephone to a nearby transmitter. It is termed cellular because the service area is divided into multiple "cells." As the user moves from one cell area to another, the call is transferred to the local transmitter.
Biological Specimen Banks
Hospital Bed Capacity
A system for classifying patient care by relating common characteristics such as diagnosis, treatment, and age to an expected consumption of hospital resources and length of stay. Its purpose is to provide a framework for specifying case mix and to reduce hospital costs and reimbursements and it forms the cornerstone of the prospective payment system.
Marketing of Health Services
Head Protective Devices
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
A taxonomy of health networks and systems: bringing order out of chaos. (1/474)OBJECTIVE: To use existing theory and data for empirical development of a taxonomy that identifies clusters of organizations sharing common strategic/structural features. DATA SOURCES: Data from the 1994 and 1995 American Hospital Association Annual Surveys, which provide extensive data on hospital involvement in hospital-led health networks and systems. STUDY DESIGN: Theories of organization behavior and industrial organization economics were used to identify three strategic/structural dimensions: differentiation, which refers to the number of different products/services along a healthcare continuum; integration, which refers to mechanisms used to achieve unity of effort across organizational components; and centralization, which relates to the extent to which activities take place at centralized versus dispersed locations. These dimensions were applied to three components of the health service/product continuum: hospital services, physician arrangements, and provider-based insurance activities. DATA EXTRACTION METHODS: We identified 295 health systems and 274 health networks across the United States in 1994, and 297 health systems and 306 health networks in 1995 using AHA data. Empirical measures aggregated individual hospital data to the health network and system level. PRINCIPAL FINDINGS: We identified a reliable, internally valid, and stable four-cluster solution for health networks and a five-cluster solution for health systems. We found that differentiation and centralization were particularly important in distinguishing unique clusters of organizations. High differentiation typically occurred with low centralization, which suggests that a broader scope of activity is more difficult to centrally coordinate. Integration was also important, but we found that health networks and systems typically engaged in both ownership-based and contractual-based integration or they were not integrated at all. CONCLUSIONS: Overall, we were able to classify approximately 70 percent of hospital-led health networks and 90 percent of hospital-led health systems into well-defined organizational clusters. Given the widespread perception that organizational change in healthcare has been chaotic, our research suggests that important and meaningful similarities exist across many evolving organizations. The resulting taxonomy provides a new lexicon for researchers, policymakers, and healthcare executives for characterizing key strategic and structural features of evolving organizations. The taxonomy also provides a framework for future inquiry about the relationships between organizational strategy, structure, and performance, and for assessing policy issues, such as Medicare Provider Sponsored Organizations, antitrust, and insurance regulation. (+info)
Disease gene patents: overcoming unethical constraints on clinical laboratory medicine. (2/474)The rapidly growing number of disease gene patents--patents that claim all methods for diagnosis of a particular genetic condition--threatens the ability of physicians to provide medical care to their patients. In the past, patented diagnostic tests were made broadly available to the medical community in the form of test kits or licenses to use the patented test. Disease gene tests, however, are being monopolized by a small number of providers. Monopolization of medical testing services: (a) threatens to restrict research activities; (b) creates unacceptable conflicts of interest; (c) may reduce patient access to testing; (d) may lead to inequitable extensions of patent terms on tests and related discoveries; and (e) grants to patent holders the ability to dictate the standard of care for testing, and to otherwise interfere with the practice of medicine. Because of the risks raised by monopolization, amendment of the patent law to require compulsory licensing of physicians providing medical services is recommended. (+info)
The corporate practice of health care ... a panel discussion. (3/474)The pros and cons of treating health care as a profit-making business got a lively airing in Boston May 16, when the Harvard School of Public Health's "Second Conference on Strategic Alliances in the Evolving Health Care Market" presented what was billed as a "Socratic panel." The moderator was Charles R. Nesson, J.D., a Harvard Law School professor of 30 years' standing whose knack for guiding lively discussions is well known to viewers of such Public Broadcasting Service series as "The Constitution: That Delicate Balance. "As one panelist mentioned, Boston was an interesting place for this conversation. With a large and eminent medical establishment consisting mostly of traditionally not-for-profit institutions, the metropolis of the only state carried in 1972 by liberal Presidential candidate George McGovern is in one sense a skeptical holdout against the wave of aggressive investment capitalism that has been sweeping the health care industry since the 1994 failure of the Clinton health plan. In another sense, though, managed care-heavy Boston is an innovative crucible of change, just like its dominant HMO, the not-for-profit but merger-minded Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. Both of these facets of Beantown's health care psychology could be discerned in the comments heard during the panel discussion. With the permission of the Harvard School of Public Health--and asking due indulgence for the limitations of tape-recording technology in a room often buzzing with amateur comment--MANAGED CARE is pleased to present selections from the discussion in the hope that they will shed light on the business of health care. (+info)
Sustaining malaria prevention in Benin: local production of bednets. (4/474)Through a Benin-Canada participatory research initiative which included both Benin and Canadian non-governmental organizations, a local capacity to produce and market bednets for the prevention of malaria was developed. The development process began following a community-based assessment of local needs and skills. All materials for the manufacture and distribution of the bednets were obtained locally with the exception of the netting which was imported from Canada. The sustainability of the enterprise is enhanced by the community's recognition of the importance of malaria and the culturally acceptable practice of bednet use. (+info)
The relationship and tensions between vertical integrated delivery systems and horizontal specialty networks. (5/474)This activity is designated for physicians, medical directors, and healthcare policy makers. GOAL: To clarify the issues involved with the integration of single-specialty networks into vertical integrated healthcare delivery systems. OBJECTIVES: 1. Recognize the advantages that single-specialty networks offer under capitated medical care. 2. Understand the self-interests and tensions involved in integrating these networks into vertical networks of primary care physicians, hospitals, and associated specialists. 3. Understand the rationale of "stacking" horizontal networks within a vertical system. (+info)
Nonprofit to for-profit conversions by hospitals, health insurers, and health plans. (6/474)Conversion of hospitals, health insurers, and health plans from nonprofit to for-profit ownership has become a focus of national debate. The author examines why nonprofit ownership has been dominant in the US health system and assesses the strength of the argument that nonprofits provide community benefits that would be threatened by for-profit conversion. The author concludes that many of the specific community benefits offered by nonprofits, such as care for the poor, could be maintained or replaced by adequate funding of public programs and that quality and fairness in treatment can be better assured through clear standards of care and adequate monitoring systems. As health care becomes increasingly commercialized, the most difficult parts of nonprofits' historic mission to preserve are the community orientation, leadership role, and innovation that nonprofit hospitals and health plans have provided out of their commitment to a community beyond those to whom they sell services. (+info)
The effects of group size and group economic factors on collaboration: a study of the financial performance of rural hospitals in consortia. (7/474)STUDY QUESTIONS: To determine factors that distinguish effective rural hospital consortia from ineffective ones in terms of their ability to improve members' financial performance. Two questions in particular were addressed: (1) Do large consortia have a greater collective impact on their members? (2) Does a consortium's economic environment determine the degree of collective impact on members? DATA SOURCES AND STUDY SETTING: Based on the hospital survey conducted during February 1992 by the Robert Wood Johnson Hospital-Based Rural Health Care project of rural hospital consortia. The survey data were augmented with data from Medicare Cost Reports (1985-1991), AHA Annual Surveys (1985-1991), and other secondary data. STUDY DESIGN: Dependent variables were total operating profit, cost per adjusted admission, and revenue per adjusted admission. Control variables included degree of group formalization, degree of inequality of resources among members (group asymmetry), affiliation with other consortium group(s), individual economic environment, common hospital characteristics (bed size, ownership type, system affiliation, case mix, etc.), year (1985-1991), and census region dummies. PRINCIPAL FINDINGS: All dependent variables have a curvilinear association with group size. The optimum group size is somewhere in the neighborhood of 45. This reveals the benefits of collective action (i.e., scale economies and/or synergy effects) and the issue of complexity as group size increases. Across analyses, no strong evidence exists of group economic environment impacts, and the environmental influences come mainly from the local economy rather than from the group economy. CONCLUSION: There may be some success stories of collaboration among hospitals in consortia, and consortium effects vary across different collaborations. RELEVANCE/IMPACT: When studying consortia, it makes sense to develop a typology of groups based on some performance indicators. The results of this study imply that government, rural communities, and consortium staff and steering committees should forge the consortium concept by expanding membership in order to gain greater financial benefits for individual hospitals. (+info)
Financial and organizational determinants of hospital diversification into subacute care. (8/474)OBJECTIVE: To examine the financial, market, and organizational determinants of hospital diversification into subacute inpatient care by acute care hospitals in order to guide hospital managers in undertaking such diversification efforts. STUDY SETTING: All nongovernment, general, acute care, community hospitals that were operating during the years 1985 through 1991 (3,986 hospitals in total). DATA SOURCES: Cross-sectional, time-series data were drawn from the American Hospital Association's (AHA) Annual Survey of Hospitals, the Health Care Financing Administration's (HCFA) Medicare Cost Reports, a latitude and longitude listing for all community hospital addresses, and the Area Resource File (ARF) published in 1992, which provides county level environmental variables. STUDY DESIGN: The study is longitudinal, enabling the specification of temporal patterns in conversion, causal inferences, and the treatment of right-censoring problems. The unit of analysis is the individual hospital. KEY FINDINGS: Significant differences were found in the average level of subacute care offered by investor-owned versus tax-exempt hospitals. After controlling for selection bias, financial performance, risk, size, occupancy, and other variables, IO hospitals offered 31.3 percent less subacute care than did NFP hospitals. Financial performance and risk are predictors of IO hospitals' diversification into subacute care, but not of NFP hospitals' activities in this market. Resource availability appears to expedite expansion into subacute care for both types of hospitals. CONCLUSIONS: Investment criteria and strategy differ between investor-owned and tax-exempt hospitals. (+info)
Ownership and ownership concentration: Which is important in determining the performance of Chinas listed firms?<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Ownership and ownership concentration. T2 - Which is important in determining the performance of Chinas listed firms?. AU - Ma, Shiguang. AU - Naughton, Tony. AU - Tian, Gary. PY - 2010/12. Y1 - 2010/12. N2 - This article investigates the impact of ownership and ownership concentration on the performance of Chinas listed firms. By recognizing the differences between ownership and ownership concentration and between total ownership concentration and tradable ownership concentration, we find that ownership concentration is more powerful than any category of ownership in determining firm performance; tradable ownership concentration has a more significant and positive influence on firm performance than total ownership concentration; the highest level of firm performance is approached when a firm is characterized by both total ownership concentration and tradable ownership concentration. Thus, we propose a conclusion that ownership concentration enhances firm performance regardless ...
June is Home Ownership Month!
June is Homeownership Month and were celebrating the homeowner heroes of today, tomorrow, beyond! Were recognizing the heroes that make homeownership thrive while building strong communities, creating generational wealth for families, and boosting our economy. Join us all month long as we promote the American Dream of homeownership and recognize the people, policies, and programs that help protect homeownership now and into the future. A #HomeownerHero comes in many forms - a homeowner, public official, legislation, state program, REALTOR®, and more. But they all have one thing in common - protecting and advocating for the American Dream of homeownership. Are you a first-time homebuyer? Did you help your grandkid save up for their first home? What about contacting a local official about a zoning law? Then youre a #HomeownerHero and we want to hear from you! For more information, visit NAR Home Ownership Matters. ...
NHH Brage: The effects of government ownership on financial performance : a study of the aquaculture industry
This paper empirically investigates the effects of government ownership on financial performance within the seafood industry. Looking at the period of 2005-2012 we measure financial performance using Tobins Q and return on assets. Our dataset consists of quarterly data from eleven companies listed on the Oslo Seafood Index. Using an econometrical approach we are not able to conclude that government ownership is associated with significantly negative performance. These findings are in line with previous studies on government ownership in Norway. However, we find that government ownership has a significant positive effect on return on assets during periods when EBIT-margins are low ...
State ownership - Wikipedia
Public ownership of the means of production is a subset of social ownership, which is the defining characteristic of a socialist economy. However, state ownership and nationalization by themselves are not socialist, as they can exist under a wide variety of different political and economic systems for a variety of different reasons. State ownership by itself does not imply social ownership where income rights belong to society as a whole. As such, state ownership is only one possible expression of public ownership, which itself is one variation of the broader concept of social ownership.. In the context of socialism, public ownership implies that the surplus product generated by publicly owned assets accrues to all of society in the form of a social dividend, as opposed to a distinct class of private capital owners. There is a wide variety of organizational forms for state-run industry, ranging from specialized technocratic management to direct workers self-management. In traditional ...
Changing Patterns in Canadian Homeownership and Shelter Costs, 2006 Census: Presence of a mortgage
This report provides information on homeownership and shelter costs in Canada from the 2006 Census. Topics include homeownership, the presence of a mortgage, condominium status, housing life cycle (or housing career), shelter costs and housing affordability.
Ownership Subsidies: Dream Homes or Disasters? | Newgeography.com
Home ownership has been considered an integral part of the American Dream for as long as anyone can remember. Now it has come under scrutiny, notably in a June Wall Street Journal piece by Richard Florida, which claims that that home ownership reduces employment opportunities for young adults, since it limits their mobility. To support ownership, others - particularly Wendell Cox - have argued that home ownership levels do not correlate with the economic productivity of cities, and cite the rapid suburban development in the Sunbelt as evidence that home ownership is as valuable as ever.. My inclination is that the truth lies somewhere in between the two sides of the debate. For the sake of simplicity, Ill refer to them as New Urbanist supporters versus Smart Growth opponents (I realize these are broad generalizations). While they disagree on the merits of home ownership, theres an interesting point of agreement: both sides oppose subsidies to homeowners. Id argue that both sides should focus ...
Comparing Costs and Hospital Ownership for Thyroidectomy Patients<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Comparing Costs and Hospital Ownership for Thyroidectomy Patients. AU - Lin, Herng-Ching. AU - Yang, CH. AU - Tung, CH. AU - Chang, Wen-Yin. PY - 2002. Y1 - 2002. KW - Case payment. KW - Cost. KW - Hospital ownership. KW - Efficiency. KW - Case payment. KW - Cost. KW - Hospital ownership KW - Efficiency. M3 - 文章. SP - 99. EP - 107. JO - New Taipei Journal of Medicine. JF - New Taipei Journal of Medicine. SN - 1562-4242. ER - ...
U.S. GAO - Indian Programs: Profile of Land Ownership at 12 Reservations
Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO provided information on the: (1) ownership of Indian land administered by the Department of the Interior; (2) Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) work load in maintaining ownership records; and (3) Indian Land Consolidation Acts effect on the degree of fractionated ownership.. GAO held that: (1) tribes or individuals own in entirety over half of the 83,000 land tracts at the 12 reservations; (2) over 20 percent of the tracts are characterized by fractionated ownership, with at least one small ownership interest; (3) out of 4,752 tracts, about 40 percent of the tracts are subsurface, containing oil, gas, and mineral components, about 27 percent are surface tracts, and about 33 percent are both; (4) the BIA work load for ownership recordkeeping is substantial, since it maintains about 1.1 million records for the 12 reservations; (5) over 60 percent of the ownership records represent individuals small ownership interests; and (6) while over 16,400 small ...
Determinants of insecticide-treated net ownership and utilization among pregnant women in Nigeria | BMC Public Health | Open...
Malaria during pregnancy is a major public health problem in Nigeria leading to increase in the risk of maternal mortality, low birth weight and infant mortality. This paper is aimed at highlighting key predictors of the ownership of insecticide treated nets (ITNs) and its use among pregnant women in Nigeria. A total of 2348 pregnant women were selected by a multi-stage probability sampling technique. Structured interview schedule was used to elicit information on socio-demographic characteristics, ITN ownership, use, knowledge, behaviour and practices. Logistic regression was used to detect predictors of two indicators: ITN ownership, and ITN use in pregnancy among those who owned ITNs. ITN ownership was low; only 28.8% owned ITNs. Key predictors of ITN ownership included women who knew that ITNs prevent malaria (OR = 3.85; p | 0001); and registration at antenatal clinics (OR = 1.34; p = 0.003). The use of ITNs was equally low with only 7.5% of all pregnant women, and 25.7% of all pregnant women who
Determinants of insecticide-treated net ownership and utilization among pregnant women in Nigeria | BMC Public Health | Full...
Malaria during pregnancy is a major public health problem in Nigeria leading to increase in the risk of maternal mortality, low birth weight and infant mortality. This paper is aimed at highlighting key predictors of the ownership of insecticide treated nets (ITNs) and its use among pregnant women in Nigeria. A total of 2348 pregnant women were selected by a multi-stage probability sampling technique. Structured interview schedule was used to elicit information on socio-demographic characteristics, ITN ownership, use, knowledge, behaviour and practices. Logistic regression was used to detect predictors of two indicators: ITN ownership, and ITN use in pregnancy among those who owned ITNs. ITN ownership was low; only 28.8% owned ITNs. Key predictors of ITN ownership included women who knew that ITNs prevent malaria (OR = 3.85; p | 0001); and registration at antenatal clinics (OR = 1.34; p = 0.003). The use of ITNs was equally low with only 7.5% of all pregnant women, and 25.7% of all pregnant women who
Trends are looking up for home ownership
Homeownership in the United States: Where weve been;... Berson, David W.; Neely, Eileen // Business Economics;July97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p7 Stresses a number of factors that could bring home-ownership in the United States from 64% up to 75% by 2005. How increasing homeownership may contribute to social and political stability; Target homeownership rate of Clinton administration by 2000; Historical perspectives of homeownership... ...
Home Ownership and Affordable Housing: Q&A with an Expert | United Way Chattanooga
Ken has been working to inform Greater Chattanoogans about the importance of home ownership for some time. Through his involvement with the Avondale Neighborhood Association, Ken works to both educate individuals about the process of buying a home and empower them to take the necessary steps to do so. When it comes to affordable housing, Ken advocates for community change and increased access for all. We sat down with Ken to learn more about his work and the importance of home ownership for both individuals and our community at large. Can you tell us about your work with affordable housing and home ownership?. I have spent a lot of time working to get people to understand the home buying process. If people understood how to buy a house, they would be motivated to apply for a loan in order to do so. With that premise in mind, I have focused on defining what affordability looks like and how I can apply it to various real-life circumstances. I have become a certified housing counselor in order to ...
Incentives and Social Capital: Are Homeowners Better Citizens?
Downloadable ! Author(s): Denise DiPasquale & Edward L. Glaeser. 1998 Abstract: Individuals invest in their local environments by volunteering, getting involved in local government, becoming informed about their political leaders, joining non-professional organizations and even gardening. Homeownership may encourage these investments because homeownership gives individuals an incentive to improve their community and because homeownership creates barriers to mobility. Using the U.S. General Social Survey document that homeowners are more likely to invest in social capital, and a simple instrumental variables strategy suggests that the relationship may be causal. While our results are not conclusive, we find evidence that a large portion of the effect of homeownership on these investments may come from lower mobility rates for homeowners. Using the German Socio-Economic Panel homeownership and citizenship controlling for individual fixed effects. Finally, across cities and counties, areas with more
Why All the Chicken Littles Should Calm Down - Keeping Current Matters
The U.S. Census Bureau recently released their 2019 Q2 Homeownership Report. Some began to see the sky falling, believing the report showed Americans may be stepping back from their belief in homeownership.. The national homeownership rate (Americans who owned vs. rented their primary residence) increased significantly during the housing boom, reaching its peak of 69.2% in 2004. The Census Bureau reported that the second quarter of 2019 ended with a homeownership rate of 64.1%, which is down from the 64.8% rate for the fourth quarter of 2018. Based on this news, some started to question the consumers belief in the idea of homeownership as a major part of the American Dream.. ...
The Transformation of Ownership Policy and Structure in Sweden: Convergence towards the Anglo-Saxon Model?
Downloadable! We investigate the dramatic transformation of ownership policies and ownership structure in Sweden during the postwar period. After WWII, Swedish ownership policies were guided by a socialist vision where the ultimate goal was abolition of private ownership. These policies came to an end in the early 1980s. Since then a large number of Swedish firms have been acquired by foreign owners or merged with foreign firms and the foreign ownership share on the Swedish Stock Exchange has increased rapidly. A central question is whether this fast transformation is merely a logical consequence of current globalization, or whether this tendency has been reinforced by economic policies vis-à-vis the business sector in Sweden. We show that until the late 1980s, Swedish economic policy - aimed at discouraging private wealth accumulation and favoring institutional ownership and debt financing - effectively precipitated the rapid takeover of the Swedish business sector by foreign owners that gained
ESOP Public Lecture: Profit-sharing and Workers Ownership - the new economy? - ESOP - Centre for the Study of Equality,...
Worker ownership can enhance productivity and reduce inequality. Shares of ownership in capital elsewhere can spread the risk and give workers stakes in profits. The US has many examples of both. Employee Stockownership Plans cover at least 10 900 firms, 10.3 million workers. In other words there are almost fifty percent more workers with ownership in own firms than there are private sector union members. Pension funds offer profit-sharing via more widely spread stock ownership.. Worker ownership increases value added per worker by almost three percent in the long run. Firms with worker ownership are half as likely to go bankrupt as other enterprises. Co-monitoring helps overcome free riding because workers with a greater stake in results monitor others more closely and intervene more to reduce shirking. Stronger worker attachment, lowers turnover, generates more suggestions from below for improvements.. ...
White Suburbanization and African-American Home Ownership, 1940-1980
Between 1940 and 1980, the homeownership rate among metropolitan African-American households increased by 27 percentage points. Nearly three-quarters of this increase occurred in central cities. We show that rising black homeownership in central cities was facilitated by the movement of white households to the suburban ring, which reduced the price of urban housing units conducive to owner-occupancy. Our OLS and IV estimates imply that 26 percent of the national increase in black homeownership over the period is explained by white suburbanization. ...
Congress Ruins America by Accident | Gig Harbor Times
Forget Wall Street Greed. Think Meddling Congress. We as a country are in the financial mess that we now find ourselves because Congress had a great idea! I thought their idea great too until I realized that their Affordable Home Ownership program gutted a perfectly good banking system.. What happened? Well, former President Clinton wanted to make home ownership more affordable to the average person. Clinton directed the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to come up with a plan to make homeownership more affordable.. Bye the time Affordable Homeownership Strategy was ready for a vote, President Bush was in office. When Bush made the announcement on TV that the National Homeownership Strategy was passed by Congress and the Senate, I remember thinking Good, this is something that makes sense. Little did I, or anyone, know the trouble it would bring.. That was the first domino to fall that brought down America. Under the new banking rules, it became easy to find mortgage ...
Trends in homeownership by age and household income : factors associated with the decision to own, 1981 to 2006 (eBook, 2013) ...
Get this from a library! Trends in homeownership by age and household income : factors associated with the decision to own, 1981 to 2006. [W Mark Brown; Amélie Lafrance; Statistics Canada. Economic Analysis Division,]
Habitat for Humanity works to make homeownership a reality for Williamson residents
In Tennessees wealthiest county, homeownership can be a distant dream for working-class folks - and increasingly so for middle-class families.
Link Between Pet Ownership And Decreased Heart Disease Risk Discovered - Redorbit
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online. Owning a pet - especially a dog - could help reduce a person´s risk of developing heart disease, according to a new scientific statement released Thursday by the American Heart Association.. The statement, which has been published online in the association´s journal Circulation, stops short of definitively saying that owning a pet causes a direct reduction in cardiovascular disease risk. However, it did find evidence of a positive link between pet ownership and heart disease risk factors.. Pet ownership, particularly dog ownership, is probably associated with a decreased risk of heart disease Glenn N. Levine, MD, professor at the Baylor College of Medicine and the chairman of the committee that wrote the statement, said in a statement. It may be simply that healthier people are the ones that have pets, not that having a pet actually leads to or causes reduction in cardiovascular risk.. According to Reuters, the statement comes following ...
Q & A: Shared Home Ownership Scheme in the UK
Q.) The following questions are with regards to purchasing a house in the UK: Purchasing a house in a country like the United Kingdom (especially in London) is very difficult because it is based upon a system of mortgages, which are in turn based upon interest. I recently discovered a scheme that facilitates the purchase of a house (brand new or used) without the involvement of interest. However, I think there is an aspect of the scheme which seems to be linked to inflation and hence I need your advice as to its permissibility. Details of the scheme are described below:. Tower Homes is a housing association that provides homes (both new and used) on the basis of shared home ownership. It is a not-for-profit organization and it works with and is partly funded by local councils and the Housing Corporation (the Government agency that funds and regulates housing associations).. Shared Home Ownership is a Government-backed scheme for people who cannot afford to buy a home outright. Basically, when ...
KLUEDO | Simple Loose Ownership Domains
Ownership Domains generalize ownership types. They support programming patterns like iterators that are not possible with ordinary ownership types. However, they are still too restrictive for cases in which an object X wants to access the public domains of an arbitrary number of other objects, which often happens in observer scenarios. To overcome this restriction, we developed so-called loose domains which abstract over several precise domains. That is, similar to the relation between supertypes and subtypes we have a relation between loose and precise domains. In addition, we simplified ownership domains by reducing the number of domains per object to two and hard-wiring the access permissions between domains. We formalized the resulting type system for an OO core language and proved type soundness and a fundamental accessibility property.
Code Ownership Dies Hard // Just a Summary
Martin Fowler has posted an overview of the ways in which different projects can handle Code Ownership on his blog. As usual with Martin, its a thoughtful piece coming down strongly in favour of an agile solution (Martin argues persuasively that strong code ownership makes it much harder to improve the code - or make it worse, but lets assume that we know what were doing). Typo is open source. In theory it has collective code ownership, but looking at the patches that come in, its apparent that a lot of people still think in terms of strong code ownership.
Affordable Housing - Home Ownership
Affordable Housing at Home Ownership : There is continuously a shortage of affordable housing but there is also an answer. Explore the different opportunities available to make home ownership a reality.
Home Ownership in 60641 : Real Estate Advice
Advice about home ownership in 60641 on Trulia Voices. Ask a question about real estate , home ownership in 60641, and get answers from local experts.
Path dependence or convergence? The evolution of corporate ownership around the world
We offer a theory that sheds light on the current debate over whether the form of corporate ownership converges to the Berle-Means image. Our analytical results are threefold. First, legal rules and firm-specific protective arrangements are complementary. Secondly, corporate ownership patterns can be convergent or path dependent depending on the relative importance of these protective arrangements. We predict, for example, diffuse stock ownership in countries that impose legal limits on blockholders power to expropriate minority investor rights. Thirdly, we find that convergence toward diffuse share ownership is a movement towards the social optimum. Our empirical results suggest a case for the co-existence of path dependence and functional convergence (convergence to the diffuse form of share ownership through cross-listings on U.S. stock exchanges that impose more stringent disclosure and listing requirements). These results have implications for the design of executive compensation, the case ...
Ownership, community stability go together
Homeowners are more active in their communities, benefit from improved educational opportunities and report higher levels of self-esteem and happiness when compared to renters, according to leading research. A new report from the National Association of Realtors, titled Social Benefits of Homeownership and Stable Housing, explores the relationship between stable housing and positive social outcomes.. The national groups study cites research from government, industry and academia that identifies the relationship between home ownership and stable communities. Homeowners move far less frequently than renters, and therefore are embedded into the same neighborhood and community longer. This allows for social cohesion, ultimately resulting in social benefits and stronger communities.. The studies also found home ownership has a positive impact on educational achievement. The decision to stay in school is significantly higher among teenage students raised by parents who are homeowners compared to ...
The termination of joint ownership | JoubertScholtz
Nature of joint ownership:. Joint owners own undivided shares in the property which they own jointly. Consequently, the joint owners cannot divide the joint property while the joint ownership remains in existence, and a joint owner also cannot alienate the property or a part thereof without the consent of the other joint owner. The rights in respect of the joint property need to be exercised jointly by the owners thereof.. Ways in which joint ownership can arise: Joint ownership can come into existence by way of an inheritance in which an indivisible property is left to more than one person in indivisible shares; by way of a marriage in community of property, by the mixture of movable property in such a way that it forms a new movable item or by way of an agreement in terms of which the parties agree to jointly buy a property and that both will have equal indivisible shares in the property.. Division of joint property:. Any joint owner can claim the division of the joint property according to ...
Sarah Adler: Rural home ownership offers better pricing, value | NevadaAppeal.com
As USDA celebrates June as Homeownership Month, it gives us an opportunity to reflect on how we enable homeownership and community building, literally at the foundations.The Reno Gazette-Journals recent
Home ownership | Newgeography.com
Robert Samuelson in the Washington Post takes on the role of homeownership in our society. Im generally a fan of Samuelsons writing, a normally sober, cold-eyed analysis of issues without favor to one ideology over another, so imagine my disappointment when reading him say, The relentless promotion of homeownership as the embodiment of the American dream has outlived its usefulness.. Of course, theres more to his column. He goes on to say: read more ». ...
Linking psychological ownership to employee extra-role behaviours in small overseas Chinese family businesses: Does family...
- The purpose of this paper is to examine the impact of psychological ownership (both job and organisational based) on extra-role behaviours among family and non-family employees in small overseas Chinese family businesses. , - Empirical evidence was drawn from a survey of 80 family owners/managers and non-family employees from 40 small overseas Chinese family businesses from the transport industry in Malaysia. All proposed hypothesis were tested using hierarchical moderated regression analyses. , - Job-based psychological ownership was found to significantly predict both types of extra-role behaviours. Organisational-based psychological ownership, however, was only a significant predictor of voice extra-role behaviour. Interestingly enough, no significant moderating effects on the relationships between the two dimensions of psychological ownership and two types of extra-role behaviour were found. , - Having a dedicated workforce of both family and non-family employees who are willing to display extra
The Benefits Of Holiday Home Ownership | Hoburne Ownership
Time with the family, a beautiful location, use of park facilities; all things that make holiday home ownership so special. Find out more today.
RCW 46.12.680: Ownership in doubt-Procedure.
5) A person who has applied for ownership in doubt may apply for a certificate of title at any time during the three-year ownership in doubt period when satisfactory evidence of ownership becomes available. At the end of the three-year ownership in doubt period, the owner must apply to the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director for a certificate of title. The new certificate of title will not include reference to the bond if a bond was filed with the department ...
Employee Ownership Day: Why more companies are taking up EO
Today marks the seventh annual Employee Ownership Day in the UK. Employee Ownership Day aims to raise awareness of employee ownership (EO) as an economically strong and balanced business model.. Research undertaken by the White Rose Employee Ownership Centre in 2017 showed that there were 300 businesses in the UK which were 25% or more employee-owned, with those companies employing more than 200,000 people. The sector is estimated to contribute £30bn GDP to the economy annually.. A very significant proportion of employee-owned businesses (110) are in Scotland, with a greater degree of Scottish Government-backed support being available to businesses who are considering the transition to EO. Last year, an industry leadership group, Scotland for EO, was set up to help drive the total number of employee-owned businesses up to 500 by 2030. Scotland is therefore well-placed to capitalise on the opportunities afforded by EO.. ...
2010 Review of Media Ownership Rules | Federal Communications Commission
2010 Review of Media Ownership Rules MB Docket No. 09-182 Section 202(h) of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 requires the Commission to review its ownership rules every four years and determine whether any of such rules are necessary in the public interest as the result of competition. Under Section 202(h), the Commission shall repeal or modify any regulation it determines
CiteSeerX - Innovation and Institutional Ownership
CiteSeerX - Document Details (Isaac Councill, Lee Giles, Pradeep Teregowda): Does greater equity ownership by institutional investors improve or inhibit innovation incentives? We present a model of career concerns where institutional ownership increases the incentives managers have to innovate through reducing informational asymmetries. We utilize an original panel of US firms containing information on ownership patterns and innovation. We show that higher instiutional ownership is positively associated with greater innovation, even after controling for fixed effects and endogeneity using membership of the S&P500 as an instrumental variable. An alternative to our career concern model is that institutions reduce managerial slack (the
The diffusion of brand, ownership, and experience - Brian Solis
Guest post by Ian Greenleigh, author of The Social Media Side Door (Fall 2013) and social strategist with Bazaarvoice. Follow him on Twitter @be3d. Products were once contained by physical ownership and access. To experience a product, you had to buy it or try it. Brands extended beyond the idea of physical products into other types of consumer exposure to companies. Non-customers have always had access to brands outside of the ownership capacity, through advertising, word of mouth, and any other manifestation of a company that didnt require ownership of their product. But this brand experience lacked depth-you may have seen an ad for something, but without having consumed it as a product, it would be hard to argue that you really experienced it in any meaningful way.. The web and social punched a million holes through this idea. Experience has streamed through these holes and spilled out beyond physical ownership and captive audiences. People want to experience products and brands on their ...
AAL Stock Institutional Ownership and Insider Ownership | American Airlines Group - GuruFocus.com
AAL Stock Institutional Ownership and Insider Ownership - American Airlines Group : the historical trend of stock ownership among institutions and insiders.
Yelp Stock Institutional Ownership and Insider Ownership | YELP - GuruFocus.com
Yelp Stock Institutional Ownership and Insider Ownership - YELP : the historical trend of stock ownership among institutions and insiders.
Taking ownership at work - Career Rescue
The definition of ownership can be one of the most nebulous terms in the workplace according to Manager 3.0, a book aimed at the millennials guide to management. The authors Brad Karsh and Courtney Templin make a good point in explaining why ownership can be challenge for millennial managers who are often challenged with making mistakes and accepting both good and bad results of their efforts.. The authors cited a meta-analyses study by Twenge, Zhang, & Im that indicate a majority of younger generations believe their lives are controlled by outside forces rather than their own internal efforts. Their study confirms the angst toward an absence of ownership that senior managers often talk about in regard to a millennial workforce.. While millennials may be more prone to blame circumstances on external events out of their control, the notion of taking ownership applies to everyone in the workforce. Its not uncommon to observe the blame game taking place at work within all levels of an ...
Smartphones, Tablets Have Chilling Effect On PC Ownership By Youth
Growing smartphone and tablet ownership put a lid on desktop and laptop PC ownership in the U.S., with PC ownership rates falling the fastest among people ages 18 to 29, a Pew Research Center survey shows. Among all adults, desktop and laptop ownership remained relatively flat over the past decade at 73 percent in 2015. […]
Prague To Hold Special City Council Meeting To Discuss Hospital Ownership
The City of Prague has called a special city council meeting for 11 a.m. Friday, March 1. It comes on the heels of a conference call involving a federal judge. Prague attorneys argued that the present Prague hospital ownership group should be found in contempt of court, for not paying hospital employees for nearly a month.. Read Related Story: Attorneys Reach Temporary Agreement To Keep Prague Hospital Open That is a huge reason why were asking a judge to find them in contempt, said Prague City Attorney Joe Vorndran. But there are many others. Like what? News 9s Steve Shaw asked.. Well, there are no supplies in the hospital. Theres no food in the hospital. They dont have adequate insurance. At this point in time, they have not taken steps to disclose financially what theyre doing to improve the situation, responded Vorndran. Fridays special city council meeting was called to discuss other hospital management groups that are vying to take over management of Prague Municipal ...
Housing Counseling Program - Indy East Promise Zone
INHP applied as a sub-grantee of Housing Partnership Network through the Department of Housing and Urban Developments Housing Counseling Program. Funds awarded to INHP through HPN are used to support the INHP Homeownership Preparation Program at all four INHP locations, including the John Boner Neighborhood Center. The grant will partially underwrite the salaries and benefits of the INHP Homeownership Advisors providing one-on-one homeownership advising to clients.. ...
Gender Differences and Predictors of Practice Ownership in a Sample of Ontario Dentists | jcda
The shift in demographic characteristics of Canadas dentist workforce is well-documented. From 2008 to 2011, the proportion of female dentists in the workforce increased from 27% to 30%,1 and, in 2008, 6 out of 10 Canadian faculties of dentistry had more female graduates than male. Read more.
Could Physician Ownership Save Healthcare? | Physicians Practice
Anti-competitive trends and consolidating hospitals purchasing physician practices, are crushing patients with higher costs and poor service.
Benefits of Physician Ownership - Advancing Surgical Care
In the ASC setting, physicians can schedule procedures more conveniently for patients, assemble teams of specially trained and highly skilled staff, ensure that the equipment and supplies being used are best suited to their techniques and design facilities tailored to their specialties.
Security Deposits and Activation Fees - Home Ownership
There are some very important things that new home owners need to be prepared for when moving into a new home, which is often the same for renters. Moving to a new home is exciting and too often we get caught up in the excitement and have the desire for everything to be perfect. - Security Deposits and Activation Fees - Home Ownership at BellaOnline
CFO Awards 2018 Nominees: How Closely-Held Companies Often Use Employee Stock Ownership Plans | Los Angeles Business Journal
Often, owners of successful closely-held companies are concerned for what will happen to their dedicated employees- and the business itself-long before they ever consider selling or departing from the business. These closely-held companies often use Employee Stock Ownership Plans, or ESOPs, to offer employees a vested interest and long-term stability in the company through employee ownership. This not only offers an additional benefit to employees, but also affords them the opportunity to take advantage of the tax-efficient borrowing power of ESOPs. WHAT IS AN ESOP? Similar to profit-sharing, ESOPs act as an established employee benefit designed to offer employees the opportunity of ownership (or shares) in a company, while also giving them a partial voice. Consequently, as employees become more engaged with an organization, a well-structured ESOP often helps to improve an organizations performance, while simultaneously helping to increase the value of its shares. HOW ARE ESOPS USED? In my experience,
Gun ownership and social gun culture | Injury Prevention
We assessed gun ownership rates in 2013 across the USA and the association between exposure to a social gun culture and gun ownership. We used data from a nationally representative sample of 4000 US adults, from 50 states and District of Columbia, aged ,18 years to assess gun ownership and social gun culture performed in October 2013. State-level firearm policy information was obtained from the Brady Law Center and Injury Prevention and Control Center. One-third of Americans reported owning a gun, ranging from 5.2% in Delaware to 61.7% in Alaska. Gun ownership was 2.25-times greater among those reporting social gun culture (PR=2.25, 95% CI 2.02 to 2.52) than those who did not. In conclusion, we found strong association between social gun culture and gun ownership. Gun cultures may need to be considered for public health strategies that aim to change gun ownership in the USA. ...
Poll shows gun ownership in decline - Portland Press Herald
Different national polls tend to show slightly different rates of gun ownership. The latest household gun ownership rate in the General Social Survey, in 2014, was 32 percent. The October 2015 Gallup survey showed a higher rate of 43 percent, including guns kept on property outside of the home.. But the downward trend in gun ownership remains consistent across the national polls. According to Gallup, gun ownership has fallen by about 10 percentage points since its peak in 1993. The General Social Survey shows a 20-point drop since the mid-1970s.. But gun purchases, as measured by FBI firearm background checks, are at historic highs. And data from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms shows that gun manufacturers are churning out record numbers of guns. Many gun rights advocates argue that these figures mean that the overall number of gun owners is growing: If more guns are being sold, more people must be owning guns.. But the declining rates of gun ownership across three major national ...
Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Homeownership Program Pilot Projects and Technical Assistance | FirstPic, Inc.
As a partner with JRD & Associates, Inc., FirstPic, Inc. was awarded a contract in 2007 to provide technical assistance to public housing agencies (PHAs), financial institutions, and housing non-profit organizations in making available homeownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income families. This multi-year project involved the design and implementation of two pilot projects-one focused on colonias residents/migrant farm workers and the other focused on persons with disabilities. In each of HUDs 10 regions, FirstPic, Inc. and JRD & Associates worked with clusters of community-based PHAs to achieve over 1,500 single-family homeownership real estate closings. We provided training and technical assistance to more than 800 PHAs to educate them on tailoring homeownership programs to most successfully meet the needs of these two populations. An important component of the program was assisting the PHAs in recruiting partners from the housing finance and real estate industry to expand ...
Socio-demographic factors associated with pet ownership amongst adolescents from a UK birth cohort | BMC Veterinary Research |...
In developed nations, pet ownership is common within families. Both physical and psychological health benefits may result from owning a pet during childhood and adolescence. However, it is difficult to determine whether these benefits are due to pet ownership directly or to factors linked to both pet ownership and health. Previous research found associations between a range of socio-demographic factors and pet ownership in seven-year-old children from a UK cohort. The current study extends this research to adolescence, considering that these factors may be important to consider in future Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) research across childhood. The Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC) collected pet ownership data prospectively via maternal reports from gestation up to age 10 years old and via self-report retrospectively at age 18 for ages 11 (n = 3063) to 18 years old (n = 3098) on cats, dogs, rabbits, rodents, birds, fish, tortoise/turtles and horses. The dataset also contains a
Exploring the intentions of pharmacy students towards pharmacy ownership by using theory of planned behaviour | BMC Research...
The results suggest that participants attitudes towards pharmacy ownership were negative. These findings are not in accordance to a study where participants showed positive attitude towards pharmacy ownership . A relatively small number of participants agreed that pharmacy ownership would make them professionally and financially successfully. Similarly, they also considered pharmacy ownership as a financial risk during economic crises. These findings reflect their negative attitudes and their lack of information about pharmacy ownership. These results could be related to another research where same results were reported . Educating pharmacy students about the benefits of pharmacy ownership could aid in changing the attitudes of pharmacy students towards ownership. Additionally, their negative thoughts of ownership mainly from financial perspectives could also be addressed by developing entrepreneurial skills in pharmacy students through both didactic and experiential work in the form of ...
CMS Issues Proposed Rules For Physician Ownership Of Hospitals | Baker Donelson
In its hospital outpatient prospective payment system proposed rule released July 2, 2010 [CMS-1504-P; RIN 0938-AP82], CMS included its proposals for implementing Section 6001 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. Section 6001 established new requirements for taking advantage of the whole hospital and rural exceptions to Medicares physician self-referral rules. New physician investment in hospitals is generally prohibited. Projects under development are given a series of deadlines for completion, and all hospitals with physician ownership will have additional restrictions on operation in order to continue to qualify for the exceptions.. Comments on the proposed rules are due August 31, 2010. Hospitals with outstanding issues should provide formal written comments on the proposed rule, to which CMS must respond when it issues the final rule. In general, compliance with all requirements must occur no later ...
Dog ownership and the risk of cardiovascular disease and death : a nationwide cohort study
Dogs may be beneficial in reducing cardiovascular risk in their owners by providing social support and motivation for physical activity. We aimed to investigate the association of dog ownership with incident cardiovascular disease (CVD) and death in a register-based prospective nation-wide cohort (n = 3,432,153) with up to 12 years of follow-up. Self-reported health and lifestyle habits were available for 34,202 participants in the Swedish Twin Register. Time-to-event analyses with time-updated covariates were used to calculate hazard ratios (HR) with 95% confidence intervals (CI). In single- and multiple-person households, dog ownership (13.1%) was associated with lower risk of death, HR 0.67 (95% CI, 0.65-0.69) and 0.89 (0.87-0.91), respectively; and CVD death, HR 0.64 (0.59-0.70), and 0.85 (0.81-0.90), respectively. In single-person households, dog ownership was inversely associated with cardiovascular outcomes (HR composite CVD 0.92, 95% CI, 0.89-0.94). Ownership of hunting breed dogs was ...
Firearm ownership in California: A latent class analysis | Injury Prevention
Results We identified five markedly different classes of firearm ownership. There were two classes of single-firearm owners and three classes of multiple-firearm owners. Only members of one class (9% of owners) were likely to have carried a loaded handgun and to own high-capacity magazines or assault-type weapons. Members of this class were also likely to own 5+ firearms, own for protection against people, and store a firearm in the least secure manner (loaded and unlocked). ...
Growth Think Tank : Ownership Culture with Mason Arnold at CeCes Veggie Noodle
Going beyond accountability is what I call an ownership culture. In an ownership culture, your employees feel the pride of ownership that drives a higher degree of customer satisfaction. It also drives fast growth like todays gues. Mason Arnold is the Founder of CeCes Veggie Noodle. His company was ranked #3 in the 2019 Inc 5000 list. Mason and I discuss the power of the ownership culture. We look at how it works inside of a fast-growth company and why it is essential. Discover how you can lead an organization that has an ownership culture.. Get the show notes for Ownership Culture with Mason Arnold at CeCes Veggie Noodle. Click to Tweet: Listening to an amazing episode on Growth Think Tank featuring Mason Arnold at CeCes Veggie Noodle with me your host @GeneHammett http://bit.ly/MasonArnold. #OwnershipCulture #Culture #GHepisode513 #GTTepisodes #Podcasts. Give Growth Think Tank a review on iTunes!. ...
IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Family Pet Ownership during Childhood: Findings from a UK Birth Cohort and Implications for Public...
In developed nations, approximately half of household environments contain pets. Studies of Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) have proposed that there are health benefits and risks associated with pet ownership. However, accurately demonstrating and understanding these relationships first requires a better knowledge of factors associated with ownership of different pet types. A UK birth cohort, the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC), were used to collect pet ownership data from the mothers, from gestation to child age 10 years old. 14,663 children were included in the study, of which mothers of 13,557 reported pet information at gestation, and 7,800 by age 10. Pet types recorded include cat, dog, rabbit, rodent, bird, fish and tortoise/turtle. The dataset also contains a number of demographic, socioeconomic and behavioural variables relevant to human health behaviour. Logistic regression was used to build multivariable models for ownership of each pet type at age 7 years. Family pet
Habitat Homeownership Applications Now Being Accepted - Habitat for Humanity of North Central Iowa
Applications Now Being Accepted for New Habitat Homeownership Opportunities- Info Meetings Scheduled. Habitat for Humanity of North Central Iowa (HFHNCI) is now accepting applications from area residents interested in becoming homeowners. Habitats mission is to provide quality, affordable housing to those in need. Area residents who have an interest in owning their own home, but need a little help to do so, are encouraged to contact the Habitat office soon to begin the application process.. Habitat takes a variety of measures to make sure the houses are affordable to the homeowners. Typical house payments, including insurance and taxes, range between $450-$600 per month through 0% interest loans. Habitat houses are also energy-efficient, which result in affordable utility bills. Applicants do not need to have good credit to be approved for a Habitat house - but they do have to apply, demonstrate an ability to make regular payments, and be willing to work with Habitat towards the ownership of ...
Gun Ownership - Fort Liberty - Fort Liberty
The Small Arms Survey estimates that there are 270 million privately owned firearms in the United States, which equals approximately .9 firearms for every American. To my mind, thats a good start.. That number represents a large percentage of the approximately 650 million firearms in private hands across the globe. This is why Americans enjoy much more freedom, peace, and prosperity than so many of our brothers in other lands.. Americans lead in private firearms ownership is increasing; Americans purchase more than half of the eight million new small arms which are manufactured every year. Our close competitors include Finland (.56 firearms per person) and Switzerland (.46 firearms per person).. According to Keith Krause, the director of the Geneva-based study, The figures dispel the idea that gun ownership and high levels of violence necessarily go hand in hand. Theres no clear relationship between more guns and higher levels of violence.. If you know someone who does not own a firearm - ...
AKC Seeks Support of Fancy to Spread Responsible Dog Ownership Message - American Kennel Club
The American Kennel Club (AKC) is pleased to announce that the third annual AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day will be held on Saturday, September 17th (the day the AKC was founded in 1884). The goal of the initiative is to educate first-time dog owners about the responsibilities of dog ownership and help current owners enhance their relationships with their pets.. All AKC-affiliated dog clubs are encouraged to participate by holding public events in their communities anytime during the month of September. All clubs and organizations wishing to hold an AKC RDO Day event are asked to fill out the online response form by August 1, 2005. The first 500 who confirm the details of their event will receive a resource-filled packet including posters, brochures, sample press releases and many more materials that will assist them in putting together an entertaining and informative event. All events will be listed on the AKC web site, searchable by state, beginning on July 1.. On Saturday, September 17th ...
Ownership - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ownership can be divided, or shared between owners. Ownership has no legal value until money is added into the situation. The surplus, or profits, or money value of what is owned is divided according to the ownership accounts. Ownership is needed for the development of the capitalist socio-economic system. The concept of ownership has existed for thousands of years and in all cultures. ...
First time buyers could use shared ownership to bridge deposit gap - Housing associations say extending scheme could help more...
This YouGov research highlights the benefits of shared ownership to help many more buyers to have the home they want, said Andy Moody, Leeds Building Societys Chief Commercial Officer.. Wed been looking into industry data and asking consumers for feedback, on their experiences as users, or their impressions and understanding of how the scheme could work for them.. We found a wide difference in understanding across different age groups and during our research realised now was a good time to speak to housing associations for their views on how shared ownership is working, so commissioned the YouGov study.. Ella Cheney, Shared Ownership Programme Manager at the National Housing Federation, said: Shared ownership is a really great option that could help get tens of thousands of people onto the property ladder.. But the main issue is that many people just dont know enough about it. This is why housing associations are committed to raising its profile, showing what shared ownership is and ...
physician ownership of ambulatory surgery center Archives | White Coat Investor
The book summarizes the most important information on the blog and contains material not found on the site at all. Straighten out your financial life today! Also available on Audible! ...
Gun ownership, carrying a gun linked to heavy alcohol use
Posted on 06/20/2011 9:11:22 AM PDT by drypowder. Gun ownership, carrying a gun linked to heavy alcohol use Large, multi-state study shows certain gun owners more likely to drink excessively June 14, 2011 (SACRAMENTO, Calif.) Gun owners who carry concealed weapons or have confronted another person with a gun are more than twice as likely to drink heavily as people who do not own guns, according to a study by UC Davis researchers. Binge drinking, chronic heavy alcohol use, and drinking and driving were all more common among gun owners generally than among non-owners, even after adjusting for factors such as age, sex, race, and state of residence. But alcohol abuse was most common among firearm owners who participated in gun-related behaviors that carry a risk of violence, which also included having a loaded, unlocked firearm in the home and driving or riding in a vehicle with a loaded firearm. The UC Davis study, which appears online in the journal Injury Prevention, analyzed telephone survey ...
1.65% of 33% Ownership
Marques Class 46 Blog reports on a decision out of Poland that I struggle with conceptually. There were three joint owners of the trademark SILMENT. One of the joint owners assigned 1.65% of his 33% ownership to his son.. This is where Im struggling. What does an approximate 1/2% ownership interest in a trademark actually mean? What rights or benefits accrue to a 1/2% owner? What role in the business did the son play, if any? I would understand if there was a royalty-bearing licenses for the mark and the father was providing income for the son, but in that situation an assignment of a portion of the income stream, rather than the actual ownership of the mark, would suit the purpose better. Perhaps the father wanted to give the son a portion of his interest in the company and was stymied, but again Im not sure what giving him a small percentage of the ownership of the trademark accomplishes.. The Polish Patent Office recorded the assignment and one of the other two owners objected. We learn two ...
US doctors demand right to advise on gun ownership • The Register
Doctors in America are up in arms over the suggestion that they have no business advising their patients on gun ownership and safety. The incensed medics insist that its their duty to tell Americans not to keep guns in the home, or if they do, to keep them unloaded and locked away.. The debate on this issue was kicked off in June when a law went into effect in Florida which placed limits on doctors ability to ask their patients what guns they owned and how they kept them stored, and prevented them entering any such information into peoples medical records. Similar measures have been proposed to prevent medics interfering in the relationship between US citizens and their often-treasured firearms in other states, though no other such laws have yet made it onto the books.. The passage of the Florida law made Dr Eric Fleegler of the Childrens Hospital Boston pretty mad. He and some colleagues have written a paper, published today in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, which contends ...
Cambridge BS launches 95 per cent LTV shared ownership remortgage - Mortgage Solutions
This is an increase from the societys previous offering of 90 per cent LTV on shared ownership remortgages. This amendment to the lending criteria is expected to enable The Cambridge to help borrowers who have a shared ownership property but not enough equity to buy a larger share. With remortgages up to 95 per cent LTV, customers are expected to be able to remortgage while borrowing more, supporting their ability to staircase. The Cambridges shared ownership 95 per cent LTV remortgage range offers a discounted variable rate product at 3.49 per cent and a two-year fixed rate product at 3.59 per cent. Alongside this change, the society has also announced it is reducing rates by up to 0.50 per cent across its standard 95 per cent LTV mortgage product range. These cuts include a reduced rate on its First Step 98 per cent LTV mortgage, which is specifically for first-time buyers with a small deposit. Dan Barker, product manager at The Cambridge, said: As the shared ownership market grows with ...
How employee ownership has seen unprecedented growth over the past year | Yorkshire Post
On Friday, the employee ownership sector celebrated EO Day with Sheffield-based wire joining and tensioning devices manufacturer Gripple hosting an ice cream van. Earlier in the week, a new national initiative aiming to support businesses, advisers and regions to grow employee and worker ownership called the Ownership Hub was launched with Sheffield City Region becoming the first region to partner it. Dan Jarvis, mayor of Sheffield City Region, said: This is a hugely exciting opportunity. Not just because it gives us the chance to boost our support for co-ops and employee ownership, but because it will help to weave the thread of co-operation through our plan for economic recovery and renewal in South Yorkshire. ...
Media Ownership | Future of Music Coalition
On July 26, 2010, Future of Music Coalition filed reply comments in the Federal Communications Commissions 2010 Media Ownership Review proceedings. Our statement in the original comments phase were filed on July 12, 2010, and can be viewed here. [GN 09-182]. Our reply comments are in response to broadcasting giant Clear Channels previous filing, which claims that consolidation in radio station ownership has resulted in greater diversity in programming. FMCs response includes data from our widely cited 2006 study of rampant consolidation in commerical station ownership following the passage of the 1996 Telecommunications Act. We measurably demonstrate that format diversity does not equal programming diversity, and point to clear evidence that the interests of local communities are better served by station groups that operate well under the allowable ownership caps. ...
Chart of the Day: Gun Ownership is on a 30-Year Decline - Mother Jones
Paul Waldman, in the final installment of his epic series about guns and the NRA (nickel summary: the gun lobby isnt as influential as you think), provides us with a surprising chart. For the last 30 years, it turns out, gun ownership has dropped steadily. Today, only about 30% of households own a gun. Most […]
Save Money On Pet Ownership With These Tips - SavingAdvice.com Blog
Pet ownership can be lots of fun, but it can also be very expensive. So if youre looking for ways to save. Here are some pet ownership savings tips.
Brazils lower house OKs proposal to ease gun ownership, but dilutes it | Reuters
Brazils lower house of congress approved a proposal to ease gun ownership, but withdrew some of the measures the government had hoped to see pass.
Top 50 Countries by Gun Ownership Quiz - By zlange123
Can you name the Countries by Gun Ownership? Test your knowledge on this geography quiz to see how you do and compare your score to others. Quiz by zlange123
Gun Ownership - Its The Law In Kennesaw
It was done in response to a law passed by Morton Grove, Ill., outlawing gun ownership within the city limits, he said. Several council members were upset Morton Grove had gotten a lot of attention with their ordinance so they decided to top them. ...
Gun Ownership groups in Atlanta - Meetup
Find local Gun Ownership groups in Atlanta, Georgia and meet people who share your interests. Join a group and attend online or in person events.
Bishops remain focused on responsible restrictions on gun ownership
The Catholic bishops of the United States said they remain focused on seeking "reasonable restrictions" on gun ownership without infringing upon Second Amendment rights.
Gun Ownership - Pacific Standard
A new study finds that residents of states with higher levels of gun ownership are more likely to be shot to death by a family member or intimate partner. ...
Debt-to-Income Ratio - Missouri Investor Loans
When you apply for a mortgage, your lender will analyze your debt ratios, which are also known as your debt-to-income ratios, or DTI. Lenders calculate DTIs to ensure you have enough income to comfortably pay for a new mortgage while still being able to pay your other monthly debts. There are two debt-to-income ratios that your lender will analyze: Housing ratio or front-end ratio.. Your lender will add up your anticipated monthly mortgage payment plus other monthly costs of homeownership. Other costs of homeownership could include homeowner association (HOA) fees, property taxes, mortgage insurance and homeowners insurance. Normally, some of these expenses are included in your monthly mortgage payment. To calculate your housing ratio or front-end ratio, your lender will divide your anticipated mortgage payment and homeownership expenses by the amount of gross monthly income. Total debt ratio or back-end ratio.. In addition to calculating your housing ratio, a lender will also analyze your total ...
Data ownership - future or delusion?
The question of data ownership touches on the relationship between the protection of privacy and informational self-determination on the one hand and freedom of thought, communication, science, economic competition and technological innovation on the other. In order to protect both types of interests data, has so far not been subject to any proprietary right.. Generally, governments grant exclusive property rights as an incentive to invest, and, in return, expect benefits for the general public that result from the resulting technological progress (e.g. fostering technical progress through patented inventions). In this respect, data ownership could create new investment incentives by encouraging the collection and use of data. Further advantages of data ownership could be the better economic allocation of data and a more convenient usability of the data.. However, the owner of data is usually not interested in protecting the data as such, but rather seeks for protection of the information ...
September is Responsible Dog Ownership Month - DeerBusters.com
As we learned last month during Senior Pets Month, dogs need exercise to maintain strong muscles and joints, especially as they age. Without the proper dosage of a healthy diet and exercise, your dog's health will slowly decline and they will become lethargic, overweight and over all, unhappy. But, that's not all. Without exercise, dogs risk health complications such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, hip dysplasia and respiratory disease.Your dog's moods and behavior may even change, possibly becoming destructive. Think about it: After sitting at your work desk all day, don't you need a chance to burn off steam and stretch at the gym? It's the same for a dog. They have tons of energy; and if they don't have a way to burn off that energy with activity, they will find ways to entertain themselves, often at the pet owner's expense. As September is Responsible Dog Ownership Month, Deerbusters asks dog owners to keep these dog exercise tips in
Westview Ownership Rep Responds To Our Article | Roosevelt Island Daily Newspaper
We are now in the final stages of the offering plan process. Because the laws governing communications to residents during an offering process are severely limited, it is understandable that some residents are frustrated and concerned that things have stalled. However, this is not at all the case and the affordability terms for both home ownership and residents who continue to rent, remain unchanged from what was negotiated. Just as we did in Island House, we have and continue to work in close partnership with the Westview Taskforce and their attorneys, in moving forward with the offering. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Task Force leadership who were strong advocates for the Westview residents (improving upon the original affordability plan) and now pulling on the same oar with us as Westview moves into the next phase --homeownership ...
Forms of Property Ownership | Ag Decision Maker
With joint tenancy (JT), sometimes also referred to as joint tenancy with right of survivorship (JTWROS), two or more people own property together, in equal shares. As with tenancy in common ownership, each joint tenant has an undivided interest in the property, and each joint tenant may request a court order for partition and sale if that owner wants to terminate the joint tenancy. The major difference between joint tenancy and tenancy in common becomes obvious at the death of one of the owners. Joint tenancy carries a right of survivorship that controls what happens to the property ownership at the death of a joint tenant. When a joint tenant dies, the property goes to the other joint tenant(s). Even if a joint tenant has a will that attempts to pass that joint tenants ownership to others, the law of joint tenancy takes precedence.. In Iowa as in most states, the creation of joint tenancy as a form of property co-ownership requires specific language. The words typically creating joint tenancy ...
The New Deal, Race, and Home Ownership in the 1920s and 1930s - American Economic Association
The New Deal, Race, and Home Ownership in the 1920s and 1930s by Trevor M. Kollmann and Price V. Fishback. Published in volume 101, issue 3, pages 366-70 of American Economic Review, May 2011, Abstract: Many federal government housing policies began during the New Deal of the 1930s. Many claim that...
Habitat for Humanity embarks on $8.5M home ownership project
Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake this year is embarking on an $8.5 million project to jumpstart home ownership in three Baltimore low-income neighborhoods.
Mortgages, not more homes, key to increased home ownership
The long-awaited Redfern Review has recommended that improved access to mortgage finance and improved income levels for first time buyers are key to increasing the level of home ownership.
Cat ownership not linked to mental health problems
Recent research has suggested that cat ownership might contribute to some mental disorders, because cats are the primary host of the common parasite Toxoplasma Gondii (T. Gondii), itself linked to mental health problems such as schizophrenia. However, the new study, published in Psychological Medicine, suggests that cat ownership in pregnancy and childhood does not play a role in developing psychotic symptoms during adolescence. The study looked at nearly 5000 people born in 1991 or 1992 who were followed-up until the age of 18. The researchers had data on whether the household had cats while the mother was pregnant and when the children were growing up.. The message for cat owners is clear: there is no evidence that cats pose a risk to childrens mental health, says lead author Dr Francesca Solmi (UCL Psychiatry). In our study, initial unadjusted analyses suggested a small link between cat ownership and psychotic symptoms at age 13, but this turned out to be due to other factors. Once we ...
High home ownership linked to high unemployment: study, World News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
LONDON (Reuters) - High levels of home ownership are strongly linked to subsequent rises in unemployment because labour mobility becomes reduced, according to new research.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Jill Horner speaks with Kamili Williams, President and CEO from Habitat for Humanity Greater Plainfield and Middlesex County, about Home Ownership. Interview recorded 6/10/2019.
Frontiers | Dissociation of agency and body ownership following visuomotor temporal recalibration | Frontiers in Integrative...
Bodily self-consciousness consists of ones sense of agency (I am causing an action) and body ownership (my body belongs to me). Both stem from the temporal congruence between different modalities, although some visuomotor temporal incongruence is acceptable for agency. To examine the association or dissociation between agency and body ownership in the context of different temporal sensitivities, we applied a temporal recalibration paradigm, in which subjective synchrony between asynchronous hand action and its visual feedback can be perceived after exposure to the asynchronous visuomotor stimulation. In the experiment, participants continuously clasped and unclasped their hand while watching an online video of their hand that was presented with delays of 50, 110, 170, 230, 290, and 350 ms. Then, they rated a video of their hand with a delay of 50 ms (test stimulus) with respect to the synchrony between hand action and hand video and the perceived agency over the video. Moreover, proprioceptive drift of
Defusing the ticking timebomb of HTB, shared ownership and shared equity schemes - Dudley Building Society
6th August 2019. Announcing the launch of a new remortgage product for people who have taken out mortgages to get on the housing ladder using Help to Buy schemes or shared ownership, Dudley Building Society is offering borrowers the opportunity to take back control. By remortgaging to a product which helps them consolidate their mortgage from a shared ownership or government subsidy, in the case of an HTB, into a single monthly payment, where they can own 100% of their property with one mortgage.. The product which is available up to 90% LTV has an initial 3.79% discounted rate. The 1.2% discount from the Societys variable rate is carried for the term of the mortgage, which can be up to 40 years.. Sam Ward, Head of Commercial at Dudley Building Society, commented, We have always maintained that we are here to serve the underserved. Many people who took out HTBs and shared ownership/equity schemes did not really appreciate the millstone they could become. For many there was a hope of ...
Ownership is only part of the media picture | openDemocracy
The media ownership debate in openDemocracy was launched recently by two distinguished US commentators. Robert McChesney argued that media monopoly had disastrous implications for democracy. Benjamin Compaine responded with a complacent tribute to the magical powers of the market. McChesney is partly right. Ownership is important, and recent developments in the media are of great significance. But both McChesney and Compaine fail to provide an adequate assessment of the contemporary media. Both deal poorly with crucial issues of content of what the media actually put out. And both are reductive in seeing the shape of the media as the result of economic factors: while McChesney attributes all ills to ownership, Compaine sees media companies as the servants of audiences via the profit system. A relentless trend towards corporate control? McChesney, along with Noam Chomsky, is the foremost exponent of a particular type of cultural commentary from the American left and both are indebted to the ...
Media Ownership in Ukraine: informal influence through murky business schemes | RSF
The influence of politicians over media in Ukraine has increased over the last year. Complex offshore structures that obscure levels of influence via media ownership remain popular business models. Two TV channels, 1+1 and Espreso.TV, experienced significant shifts in ownership structures over the summer. Meanwhile, no considerable changes in media law overlooking ownership
Bug 837474 - dhcpd.leases initially created with wrong ownership
Description of problem: Each time dhcpd.service is (re)started, dhcpd.leases is recreated with root.root ownership instead of dhcpd.dhcpd. The incorrect ownership persists until dhcpd writes the leases again (hours later). This doesnt seem to hurt the operation of dhcpd, but it does cause rpm -V dhcp to report a UG (user+group) discrepancy on the leases file. Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): dhcp-4.2.3-8.P2.fc16 How reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. servicectl restart dhcpd.service 2. Check ownership of dhcpd.leases Actual results: root.root Expected results: dhcpd. ...
2015 Vermont Employee Ownership Conference to be held June 2 at St. Michaels College | Vermont Employee Ownership Center
SOLD OUT! We are currently at capacity for our venue. Please write us at [email protected] if you would like to receive materials for particular sessions, or if youd like to discuss any aspect of employee ownership. The 13th Annual Vermont Employee Ownership Conference will be held this year on Tuesday, June 2 at St. Michaels College in Colchester!
Ship ownership. Investment in ships involves purchasing or leasing new or second-hand vessels and either operating them ... making it possible for individual investors to access ship ownership as an asset class. ...
... it later became part of Keswick School and is now in private ownership, partly divided into holiday flats. The three-storey ...
Ownership. During the last one and a half centuries Weddell Island has been owned in turn by the Williams, Hamilton, ...
Ownership. As of 2019, current approximate ownership of Telecom Argentina is: ...
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange
Dar-es-salaam Stock Exchange Stock Ownership Rank. Name of Owner. Percentage Ownership ... Ownership. As of December 2019, the company stock was owned by corporate entities and individuals. The largest ...
Birds' Head Haggadah
The Israel Museum has acknowledged the family's ownership claim predating World War II. It has requested documentation of ... ownership between 1933 and 1946, at which point it purchased the Haggadah from Kahn. In late 2016 the Marum family obtained ...
Ministry of Sound
Ownership. On 10 August 2016, it was announced that Ministry of Sound's A&R and compilations recorded music business had ...
Drowned in Sound
Ownership. A percentage of DrownedinSound.com (the web site) and the Drowned In Sound Recordings record label are owned ...
2013 enlargement of the European Union
Land ownership. Free acquisition of real estate by foreigners is a sensitive issue in Croatia. This matter particularly ... and said that Croatian legislation provided for the same treatment of all EU citizens concerning land ownership. In mid-2006, ...
Modern ownership. The Knoydart Foundation was established in 1997 to take ownership of the 17,500-acre (71 km2) Knoydart ... In 1948 an unsuccessful land raid was undertaken by the "Seven Men of Knoydart" who attempted to claim land in the ownership of ... receiving official confirmation of his ownership from the king in 1613. Prior to the 1745 Jacobite rising the population ... In 2009 the Knoydart Foundation celebrated 10 years of community ownership with an extensive timetable of events including a ...
Gun legislation in Germany
Firearms ownership license. A firearms ownership license (Waffenbesitzkarte or WBK), or an entry to an existing WBK, is ... are barred from obtaining a firearms ownership license.. Firearms ownership licenses are issued in three color-coded varieties ... Private ownership of firearms was not allowed until 1956. The legal status returned essentially to that of the Law on Firearms ... A weapons ownership license does not entitle the owner to shoot the weapon or carry it on public premises without the ...
Family ownership. Louis-François Cartier founded Cartier in Paris, France in 1847 when he took over the workshop of his ...
Ownership. Owner. Gray Television. (sale to another owner to be determined if Gray's purchase of Meredith Corporation is ... 2nd SJL ownership. On November 3, 2010, Broadcasting & Cable magazine announced that SJL Broadcasting, now owned by the ... ownership limit of the time. The station was the first Michigan television station outside of Detroit to go all-color in ... "Longtime News Director Jim Bleicher Departs WJRT Amid Ownership Change". TVSpy. Mediabistro. Retrieved September 21, 2012 ...
M203 grenade launcher
Civilian ownership in the United States. In the United States, M203 grenade launcher attachments fitted with the standard ...
Riverside Amusement Park (Indianapolis)
Ownership change. In 1919, the park had new ownership. Lewis Coleman, a lawyer who provided legal advice to the Riverside ...
Family ownership. In May 1848, Edgar Hoyt and Andrew Smith came into ownership of the newspaper. The partners renamed it ...
Timeline of ownership. The timeline of ownership of the Voynich manuscript is given below. The commonly accepted owners ... Periods of unknown ownership are indicated in white, and the time when it was possibly created in green, based on the carbon ...
Common ownership. *Develop robot and automated industry, increased productivity and effective of production, while necessary of ... Russell argued for a basic income alongside public ownership as a means to decrease the average length of the working day and ... Capitalism in that money creation and securities ownership are widely and directly distributed to individuals rather than ...
Current ownership. The former catalog of Bell Records and its related labels is now owned by Sony Music Entertainment ( ...
Rail transport in Brazil
State ownership. *RFFSA (Rede Ferroviária Federal, Sociedade Anônima). Created in 1957 and dissolved between 1999 and ...
Moscow Metallurgical Plant
Ownership and management. *2004: *Chairman of the Board of Directors: Lev Sadovsky (Садовский Лев Николаевич, b. 1939) ...
Ownership. In most countries, both natural persons and corporate entities may apply for a patent. In the United States, ... In most European countries, ownership of an invention may pass from the inventor to their employer by rule of law if the ... The ability to assign ownership rights increases the liquidity of a patent as property. Inventors can obtain patents and then ...
Ownership. Huawei claims it is an employee-owned company, but it remains a point of dispute. Ren Zhengfei retains ... The U.K. Parliament's Defence Committee said that the conclusion was evidenced by Huawei's ownership model and government ... if the ownership stake of the trade union committee is genuine, and if the trade union and its committee function as trade ... Questions regarding Huawei's ownership and control as well as concerns regarding the extent of state support also remain. ...
Transportation in New York City
Although the rate of electric vehicle ownership in New York City is low compared to the rate of ownership of traditional gas ... Mass transit use and car ownership. Percentage of workers using public transportation for their commute and the mean ... New York City is distinguished from other U.S. cities for its low personal automobile ownership and its significant use of ... Manhattan's non-ownership is even higher, around 75%; nationally, the rate is 8%). New York City also has the longest mean ...
Present ownership. Ownership of Lunokhod 2 and the Luna 21 lander was sold by the Lavochkin Association for $68,500 in ...
History and ownership. Haaretz was first published in 1918 as a newspaper sponsored by the British military government in ...
Structure and ownership. Hochtief is an Aktiengesellschaft, roughly equivalent to a public limited company in the United ...
"Hawks Ownership Dispute Resolved". Retrieved June 30, 2015.. *^ Mathis, George (August 2, 2011). "Report: Atlanta Hawks, ... Atlanta Spirit LLC's ownership. On March 31, 2004, the team was sold to a group of executives by the name of Atlanta ... Ted Turner's ownership. Cable network entrepreneur and Atlanta Braves owner Ted Turner bought the team in 1977 and hired ... Turner's ownership was instrumental in keeping both teams in the region. Coach Brown won coach of the year in 1978. In the 1979 ...
San Luis Valley
Land ownership and management. Map of the proposed San Luis Valley Conservation Area showing federal, state, and ... 2.1 Land ownership and management. *2.2 Geology *2.2.1 Ancestral Rockies, the Central Colorado Trough, and the San Luis- ...
Port of London Authority
Pier and jetty ownership. The PLA owns three piers and jetties on the River Thames. These are available for other river ... management and control of the river instead of ownership of the bed of the river and foreshore (the Crown was prohibited from ...
Cross ownership - Wikipedia
Heavy cross ownership is referred to as circular ownership. In the US, "cross ownership" also refers to a type of investment in ... Main article: Media cross-ownership in the United States. Cross ownership also refers to a type of media ownership in which one ... Cross ownership of stock. Some countries where cross ownership of shares is a major part of the business culture are: * ... Cross ownership is a method of reinforcing business relationships by owning stock in the companies with which a given company ...
ownership - Wiktionary
ownership (countable and uncountable, plural ownerships) *The state of having complete legal control of something; possession; ... The successful candidate will take ownership of all internal design projects.. Derived terms. *homeownership, home ... Retrieved from "https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=ownership&oldid=55320477" ...
... is a percentage ownership in an asset that grants individual shareholders the benefits of usage rights, ... DEFINITION of Fractional Ownership Fractional ownership is a percentage ownership in an asset. Fractional ownership shares in ... BREAKING DOWN Fractional Ownership Fractional ownership is a common investment structure for expensive assets such as aircraft ... The fundamental difference between fractional ownership and timeshare is that with fractional ownership the investor owns part ...
Transfer Portal Ownership Request
Incidents of Ownership
A person has incidents of ownership if they can change beneficiaries on a life insurance policy, borrow from the cash value, or ... BREAKING DOWN Incidents of Ownership At times, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will look for any incidents of ownership by a ... DEFINITION of Incidents of Ownership A person (including a trustee) has incidents of ownership if they have the right to change ... Incidents of Ownership and a Primer on Life Insurance Policies Stepping back, life insurance policies are numerous and all have ...
Shared Ownership - WSJ
BESB: Equipment Ownership
2009 the Regulations of State Agencies were modified to permit clients of BESB to take ownership of equipment provided by this ... A: The ownership of equipment is with the client at the time the client takes possession of it. Lack of an ownership agreement ... Q: When does ownership of equipment transfer to the client?. A: At the time the client takes possession of the items, such as ... Equipment Ownership. On February 26, 2009 the Regulations of State Agencies were modified to permit clients of BESB to take ...
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-commits/jenkinsci/ownership-plugin/push/ ... jenkinsci/ownership-plugin] Oleg Nenashev Tue, 10 Sep 2019 03:02:09 -0700 ... Branch: refs/heads/changelog Home: https://github.com/jenkinsci/ownership-plugin. -- You received this message because you are ...
Total cost of ownership - Wikipedia
Total cost of ownership (TCO) is a financial estimate intended to help buyers and owners determine the direct and indirect ... APPA, an ANSI Accredited Standards Developer, published APPA 1000-1 - Total Cost of Ownership for Facilities Asset ... Total cost of ownership can be applied to the structure and systems of a single building or a campus of buildings. Pioneered by ... "The Total Cost of Ownership" (PDF). Facilities Manager. Volume 32, No 4. July-August 2016.. ...
Home Ownership | Military.com
media ownership | PBS NewsHour
House Approves Roll Back of New Media Ownership Rule The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to block new media ownership ... Congress Moves to Overturn New Media Ownership Rules A House committee on Wednesday voted to roll back a key part of new media ... Court Orders FCC to Review Media Ownership Rules A federal appeals court on Thursday ordered the Federal Communications ... House Considers Changes to Media-Ownership Rules The House Telecommunications and Internet Subcommittee heard testimony on ...
ownership Archives - O'Reilly Radar
"ownership" entries. Access or ownership: Which will be the default?. The ease of access and the desire to own appear to be on a ... "The Mesh" author Lisa Gansky on the shift from ownership to sharing.. by Dale Dougherty , @dalepd , +Dale Dougherty , September ... ownership has organically popped up in Radars coverage. But which model will win out in the long term? ...
Dog Ownership - Lulu.com
Pet Ownership - Are You Ready? asks important questions about the responsibility of pet ownership. Dogs on the Navajo ... PET LOVERS OWNERSHIP GUIDE 101 By Susan Mashburn Paperback: List Price: $30.00 $27.00 , You Save: 10% ... Wet Noses and Warm Hearts, A look at dog ownership through the eyes of a 10-year-old By Lauren Day Paperback: $22.99 ... Responsible Dog Ownership 101: Creating Awareness By Karen R. Kelley eBook (PDF): $1.50 ...
The legislation requires the Treasury Department to keep the beneficial ownership information (which includes the names, dates ... "Outside Perspectives on the Collection of Beneficial Ownership Information." ... of birth, addresses, and drivers license numbers or passport numbers of anyone with an ownership stake in the business) in a ... requiring small business owners to file paperwork with the Department of Treasury each time they form or change ownership of ...
Ownership - AOPA
We provide a positive and normative analysis of the impact of platform ownership structure on platform size. The strength of ... We show that while vertical integration may be welfare-enhancing if network effects are weak, monopoly platform ownership is ... These are also the ownership structures likely to emerge. ... network effects is important in the ranking of ownership ... "Platform Ownership," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 16, Free University ...
The TBM Ownership Experience - TBMOPA - YouTube
An important aspect of the TBM Ownership Experience is joining a very unique family of pilots. TBM pilots are not ordinary ... Aircraft Ownership Costs for the Cessna 414A , VLOG #5 Part ONE - Duration: 23:13. S4 Aviator 102,140 views ... An important aspect of the TBM Ownership Experience is joining a very unique family of pilots. TBM pilots are not ordinary ...
Wealth and Asset Ownership Publications
Official publications released by the U.S. Census Bureau have a report number and often list the lead author(s).. View the list of publications by topics or publications by series.. Browse more publications, including historical publications from the Census of Population and Housing, 2000 Census and 2010 Census.. ...
Zope-dev] LoginManager ownership bug!
... Jonas Juselius Thu, 05 Oct 2000 00:47:03 -0700 ... Hola, There seems to be a problem with the ownership model in Zope (or ZPatterns). The problem is the following: I have ... I have a dirty fix for the moment, consisting of an external method which sets the ownership of acl_users to UnownableOwner. ... when trying to view ownership info of acl_users). This has to do with the top-level folder being unowned, it seems. There is no ...
Household Ownership of Variable Annuities
Variable annuity ownership is less concentrated, however, than ownership of several other types of financial assets. Evidence ... Household Ownership of Variable Annuities. Jeffrey Brown, James Poterba. NBER Working Paper No. 11964. Issued in January 2006. ... Household Ownership of Variable Annuities , Jeffrey R. Brown, James M. Poterba. in Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 20, ... Household data from the 1998 and 2001 Survey of Consumer Finances shows that variable annuity ownership is highly concentrated ...
4. Ownership - Programming Rust [Book]
Chapter 4. Ownership Ive found that Rust has forced me to learn many of the things that I was slowly learning as good ... Figure 4-4. A more complex tree of ownership. There are many ownership relationships here, but each one is pretty ... Passing arguments to functions moves ownership to the functions parameters; returning a value from a function moves ownership ... ownership_double_move.rs:9:9. ,. 8 , let t = s;. , - value moved here. 9 , let u = s;. , ^ value used here after move. ,. ...
Service Ownership @Slack
... and that service ownership was an idea that we wanted to start embracing. So service ownership is the idea that the development ... So again, service ownership is this idea that service engineering is going to focus on tools and being specialists, and are ... Successful long-term approaches to production ownership and DevOps require cultural change in the form of production excellence ...
Attributable Ownership | USPTO
To improve transparency in patent ownership, the USPTO has formulated a rule that will require patent applicants and owners to ... To improve transparency in patent ownership, the USPTO has formulated a rule that will require patent applicants and owners to ... The USPTO formulated a notice of proposed rulemaking to require patent applicants and owners to regularly update ownership ... regularly update ownership information. The public received 72 written comments. Some comments supported the proposed ...
Aircraft & Ownership - AOPA
Co-Ownership. Co-Ownership can be rewarding. Sharing the cost and responsibility for an aircraft is an attractive arrangement ... Aircraft & OwnershipAircraft & Ownership Whether youre interested in purchasing your first aircraft, or upgrading to another, ... Details of co-ownership. Maintenance & Inspections. Find out what you can do yourself!. Here are resources for everything ... Its an affordable arrangement for many who do not fly often enough to offset the cost of sole aircraft ownership. ...
Copyright Ownership - FindLaw
Artists, authors, and musicians can transfer copyright ownership or license certain rights of copyright ownership to other ... Joint Copyright Ownership. If a work has two creators and their contributions are inseparable and part of a single creation, ... to distribute copies or phonorecords of the copyrighted work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental ... Sometimes multiple people can also simultaneously have ownership of the copyright in a creative work. Follow along as FindLaw ...
Farm Ownership Loans
No current or previous farm ownership requirements and 100 percent financing available make FSA direct farm ownership loans a ... Farm Ownership loans also require all loan applicants to have participated in the business operations of a farm or ranch for at ... Direct Farm Ownership Joint Financing Loan. Also known as a participation loan, joint financing allows FSA to provide more ... Direct Farm Ownership Down Payment Loan. Available only to eligible beginning farmers and ranchers and/or minority and women ...
Ownership society - SourceWatch
The Republican "Ownership Society" is hokum. Ownership of America is now more concentrated than since the days of the Robber ... we will bring the highest standards to our schools and build an ownership society. We will widen the ownership of homes and ... On his ownership society agenda, December 16, 2004, President George W. Bush said "I love the idea of people being able to own ... An Ownership Society based on the stock market would be a casino. The Bush administration would like you to put your Social ...
Parodies of Ownership
... offers a broad analysis of post-Civil Rights era culture and provides the necessary context for ... Now, they accomplish much the same thing by insisting that they own ownership. Blacks shouldnt let them. A culture that ... Parodies of Ownership examines how contemporary African American writers, artists, and musicians have developed an artistic ...
Ownership Group | Tourists
2019Fractional ownershipAmerica'sBeneficial ownershipTotal cost of oCross-ownership rulesChapterAssetContentIncentivesTransfer of ownershipResponsible dog ownershipPatternsDefinitionChangeInvestors2018Sole ownershipFull-ownershipJoint ownershipEquity OwnershipForeign ownershipPrivate OwnershipProperty ownershipGovernment ownershipFormWidespreadBusinessRefersApproachesMediaRulePercentageStronger when competitionFacebookPresident BushHttpsPubliclyRegulationsValuationCapitalistStateModelHouseholdsSearch ConsoleVerifyPublicDebateFinancingConsolidateNewsStructureForeclosureReal estateFinancesStrategiesAsksTiesShareArticleData
- The Active ownership report 2019 provides an in-depth and comprehensive look at our approach, focus, methods, and goals as we engage with companies and exercise our voting rights. (credit-suisse.com)
- Fractional ownership is a percentage ownership in an asset. (investopedia.com)
- Fractional ownership shares in the asset are sold to individual shareholders who share the benefits of the asset such as usage rights, income sharing, priority access and reduced rates. (investopedia.com)
- Fractional ownership is a common investment structure for expensive assets such as aircraft, sports cars and vacation properties. (investopedia.com)
- The fundamental difference between fractional ownership and timeshare is that with fractional ownership the investor owns part of the title rather than units of time. (investopedia.com)
- With fractional ownership, if the asset increases in value, the value of the shares in the investment do as well. (investopedia.com)
- Fractional ownership is a form of collaborative consumption where the overall cost of a property is split among a group of owners or users. (investopedia.com)
- A party that takes on fractional ownership of a vacation property can make personal use of the space and earn revenue when it is rented out. (investopedia.com)
- Fractional ownership in real estate is typically arranged through a property management company that oversees the regular upkeep of the vacation home and restocking of food. (investopedia.com)
- Property managers for fractional ownership vacation homes might have a network of properties they oversee in several countries and locations. (investopedia.com)
- I want to thank everyone at OPP for considering Beach Republic alongside the world's leading fractional ownership resorts. (youtube.com)
- Fractional ownership at Beach Republic allows an individual to purchase real estate without assuming any of the burdens that often come with sole ownership. (youtube.com)
- With excellent facilities and superior amenities, a stunning location, strong brand name, and increasing recognition both in Thailand and abroad, the multi-award winning Beach Republic is one of the most appealing fractional ownership investments in the region today. (youtube.com)
- Sounds like fractional ownership or timeshare model, but it's not. (forbes.com)
- He was a minor investor in one of the companies that rescued Air America's ownership from Chapter 11 bankruptcy last March. (huffingtonpost.com)
- That America's ownership society is thriving can be seen in the burgeoning holdings of assets such as houses and securities," George Melloan wrote on the Wall Street Journal editorial page last week. (slate.com)
- With FSA's Direct Farm Ownership loan, "we keep America's agriculture growing. (usda.gov)
- According to small business ownership statistics from the International Trade Association , small businesses were responsible for 32.9 percent of America's $1.3 trillion in total exports in 2015. (microsoft.com)
- Insider values reflect direct beneficial ownership. (corporate-ir.net)
Total cost of o3
- PC total cost of ownership can be lowered substantially by moving to higher management levels. (gartner.com)
- A focus on lubrication can reduce your total cost of ownership in two ways. (shell.com)
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is defined by Shell Lubricants as the total amount spent on the equipment, incl. (shell.com)
- The effort by the FCC to relax the rules dates back to 2003, when a Republican-controlled FCC sought reforms to so-called "cross-ownership" rules. (nypost.com)
- After attempts to lift the ban entirely and raise the maximum number of TV and radio stations a company could own, the FCC settled on a stripped- down plan focused on easing cross-ownership rules in large media markets. (nypost.com)
- This chapter shows how legal and financial imbalances between Southern and Northern NGOs contribute to this suboptimal performance by Northern organisations on central elements of the Paris Declaration, such as increased ownership for local actors and mutual accountability. (oecd.org)
- Long term cross ownership of shares combined with a high capital tax rate greatly increases periods of asset deflation both in time and in severity. (wikipedia.org)
- Do you have any questions about Credit Suisse Asset Management's approach to active ownership? (credit-suisse.com)
- Economic studies on households' financial asset ownership and allocation have discussed the relationship between asset holdings and socioeconomic variables. (mymoney.gov)
- A gainst a backdrop of radical change in the workplace, including the rise of artificial intelligence (AI), occupiers' increasing need for flexibility and adaptability, and the requirement for on-demand services, core portfolios are expected to become smaller and more people-centric, with the age of ownership coming to an end and companies adopting an asset-light approach. (telegraph.co.uk)
- JOE NYC is a joint ownership entity that acquires and asset manages affordable multifamily rental properties on behalf of member non-profit Community Development Corporations (CDCs) in New York City. (idealist.org)
- Ownership is the state or fact of exclusive rights and control over property, which may be any asset, including an object, land or real estate, intellectual property, or until the nineteenth century, human beings. (wikipedia.org)
- State ownership, also called government ownership and public ownership, is the ownership of an industry, asset, or enterprise by the state or a public body representing a community as opposed to an individual or private party. (wikipedia.org)
- Both Green and Kireker said that the ownership change would have no effect on the network's editorial content. (huffingtonpost.com)
- Evidence on the role of tax incentives in encouraging ownership of variable annuities is mixed. (nber.org)
- Private ownership should generally be preferred to public ownership when the incentives to innovate and to contain costs must be strong. (nber.org)
- The great economists of the 1930s and 1940s failed to see the dangers of socialism in part because they focused on the role of prices under socialism and capitalism and ignored the enormous importance of ownership as the source of capitalist incentives to innovate. (nber.org)
- Does greater equity ownership by institutional investors improve or inhibit innovation incentives? (psu.edu)
- We present a model of career concerns where institutional ownership increases the incentives managers have to innovate through reducing informational asymmetries. (psu.edu)
Transfer of ownership1
- Book entry shares also eliminate the requirement for physical movement of stock certificates at the time of sale or transfer of ownership. (ibm.com)
Responsible dog ownership6
- Simple manual explaining the basic principles of responsible dog ownership. (lulu.com)
- The BYOD (Bring Your Own Dog) Responsible Pet Ownership Pledge , carries out the mission of BYOD, reminding dog owners that they should preserve their community's public safety and health every day, and remain committed to educating others on responsible dog ownership through their daily action and voice. (thepetitionsite.com)
- This petition was created to help build a community approach on promoting responsible dog ownership and prevent breed misconceptions. (thepetitionsite.com)
- We signed the BYOD Responsible Dog Ownership Pledge to show our commitment to our canine companions. (thepetitionsite.com)
- Share the petition with five other people and invite them to take action and promote responsible dog ownership. (thepetitionsite.com)
- Download our free educational guides on responsible dog ownership here . (thepetitionsite.com)
- This paper describes the tax treatment of variable annuities, presents summary information on their ownership patterns, and explores the importance of several distinct motives for household purchase of variable annuities. (nber.org)
- We utilize an original panel of US firms containing information on ownership patterns and innovation. (psu.edu)
- what is the current trend in ownership patterns? (everything2.com)
- Ownership by definition does not necessarily imply a responsibility to others for actions regarding the property. (wikipedia.org)
- A person (including a trustee) has incidents of ownership if they have the right to change beneficiaries on a life insurance policy , to borrow from the cash value, or to change or modify the policy in any manner. (investopedia.com)
- In a recent NFIB Member Ballot, 80 percent of small business owners opposed Congress requiring small business owners to file paperwork with the Department of Treasury each time they form or change ownership of their businesses. (nfib.com)
- Successful long-term approaches to production ownership and DevOps require cultural change in the form of production excellence. (infoq.com)
- The USPTO held a roundtable to obtain public input from organizations and individuals on how the USPTO could change its rules of practice to collect and provide better ownership information on patents and to make it publicly available. (uspto.gov)
- Bush wants more ownership because he wants to change the shape of America. (sourcewatch.org)
- I would like to change the subdirectory ownership to www-data:moodle, the permissions to 0770, and use the moodle group to control access. (moodle.org)
- Ownership change at Raley's? (redding.com)
- We are in the process of changing our license for our recent change in ownership. (redding.com)
- The reader was worried because the posting states: "Public Notice of Application for Ownership Change. (redding.com)
- Raley's spokeswoman Chelsea Minor in an email wrote that there has been a change of ownership but Raley's is going nowhere. (redding.com)
- Some investors are ownership focused. (avc.com)
- Belardi and the rest of the ownership/sponsorship group had hoped to connect with Coyne in 2018, but Coyne already was committed to other programs. (jsonline.com)
- Forget about the downtime inherent in sole ownership when you're not using the home yet are paying for it. (forbes.com)
- I was working with the Gorneys for a while and they were looking for a condo in the Watercolor area in Florida with full-ownership. (forbes.com)
- Tenants by entirety is a form of joint ownership in some states that governs the rights of married couples that hold the title to a shared property. (investopedia.com)
- According to the Securities Industry Association's most recent Equity Ownership in America study (see Page 7) the percentage of Americans owning equities-either through mutual funds or as individual stocks-rose from 36.7 percent to 47.9 percent between 1992 and 1999, a 30 percent increase. (slate.com)
- Equity ownership shares are offered in top-shelf luxury vacation homes around the country (including Hawaii and the Caribbean. (forbes.com)
- Section 310(b) of the 1934 Communications Act limits foreign ownership of U.S. broadcast properties to 25% of voting stock in the controlling company. (variety.com)
- Margaret Thatcher saw that private ownership allows people to profit from improving their property by building on it or otherwise making it more valuable. (sourcewatch.org)
- Moreover, many of the concerns that private firms fail to address social goals' can be addressed through government contacting and regulation without resort to government ownership. (nber.org)
- Book entry form of registered ownership allows you to own shares without having physical stock certificates in your possession. (ibm.com)
- Time-sharing is a hybrid form of ownership that grants the right to occupy a unit of real estate for a specified number of separate periods. (investopedia.com)
- Q: What if a client does not sign and return the Equipment Ownership Agreement form? (ct.gov)
- Simultaneous requests for a direct farm ownership loan and a direct operating loan should be combined on a single loan application form. (usda.gov)
- This form of real estate ownership is especially attractive to those who want to make use of a holiday home for only a few weeks or months a year. (youtube.com)
- I see it as a unique opportunity for buyers to get more through this form of shared ownership," said Scenic Sotheby's agent Matt McGuire. (forbes.com)
- Ownership is the basis for many other concepts that form the foundations of ancient and modern societies such as money, trade, debt, bankruptcy, the criminality of theft, and private vs. public property. (wikipedia.org)
- An application of this, to limit ownership risks, is to form a new entity (such as a shell company) to purchase, own and operate each property. (wikipedia.org)
- In the context of socialism, public ownership implies that the surplus product generated by publicly owned assets accrues to all of society in the form of a social dividend, as opposed to a distinct class of private capital owners. (wikipedia.org)
- State ownership is advocated as a form of social ownership for practical concerns, with the state being seen as the obvious candidate for owning and operating the means of production. (wikipedia.org)
- As a form of social ownership, state ownership may be contrasted with cooperatives and common ownership. (wikipedia.org)
- Cross ownership is a method of reinforcing business relationships by owning stock in the companies with which a given company does business. (wikipedia.org)
- A Pantheon rep will respond within 48 business hours with information on how to transfer ownership of your Apigee drupal-based developer portal. (google.com)
- Business, media, publishing, data, education - these are all areas where access vs. ownership has organically popped up in Radar's coverage. (oreilly.com)
- From income to success rates, there many myths surrounding business ownership that can either needlessly discourage you from hanging your shingle or prompt you to plunge headlong into a venture without evaluating the risks. (microsoft.com)
- Separate fact from fiction and launch your business with confidence by referencing these ten small business ownership statistics. (microsoft.com)
- Small business ownership statistics from Experian tell us that American small business owners are 50.3 years old, on average. (microsoft.com)
- There are now roughly 8 million minority-owned small businesses in the country, according to small business ownership statistics from the SBA. (microsoft.com)
- Thinking About Business Ownership? (military.com)
- During the course, the participants learn the basics of all facets of business ownership, from concept development to financing to legal to marketing. (military.com)
- Different models of the ownership of the means of production always affect the speed and quality of the production, as well as the profit margin and success of the business generally. (everything2.com)
- In the US, "cross ownership" also refers to a type of investment in different mass-media properties in one market. (wikipedia.org)
- Cross ownership also refers to a type of media ownership in which one type of communications (say a newspaper) owns or is the sister company of another type of medium (such as a radio or TV station). (wikipedia.org)
- The oft-touted term, ownership society by President Bush refers to the theories of mass privatization his administration is in the midst of injecting into the American way of life. (sourcewatch.org)
- Public ownership specifically refers to industries selling goods and services to consumers and differs from public goods and government services financed out of a government's general budget. (wikipedia.org)
- The Federal Communications Commission generally does not allow cross ownership, to keep from one license holder having too much local media ownership, unless the license holder obtains a waiver, such as News Corporation and the Tribune Company have in New York. (wikipedia.org)
- 1. REVISION OF MEDIA OWNERSHIP Lesson Objectives: To revise your understanding of media ownership, and be able to explain the implications for film institutions and audiences. (slideshare.net)
- Concentration of media ownership The process by which an increasingly smaller number of companies own most media outlets. (slideshare.net)
- Cross-media ownership When a company which produces two or more types of media. (slideshare.net)
- One effect of the concentration of media ownership is that the global media market is increasingly dominated by a small number of Western (mostly American) conglomerates. (slideshare.net)
- A federal appeals court on Thursday ordered the Federal Communications Commission to reconsider its new media ownership rules, marking a victory for consumer advocacy groups that had opposed the ease in regulations. (pbs.org)
- The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to block new media ownership regulations recently adopted by the Federal Communications Commission that would ease the limits on how many television stations media companies may own. (pbs.org)
- A House committee on Wednesday voted to roll back a key part of new media ownership regulations adopted by the Federal Communications Commission last month. (pbs.org)
- The Federal Communications Commission late Wednesday published its final report on the revised media ownership rules, even as lawmakers and consumer rights groups announced various plans aimed at making sure the new rules never take effect. (pbs.org)
- The Senate Commerce Committee continued to debate media ownership regulations Thursday, as the Federal Communications Commission prepared to vote on a massive overhaul of the rules early next month. (pbs.org)
- Senators on Tuesday urged the Federal Communications Commission to use caution as the agency prepared for a final vote on June 2 on whether to ease media ownership regulations. (pbs.org)
- The Federal Communications Commission kicked off its monthly open meeting with a call to overhaul the decades-old limit on media cross-ownership, which could lead to dramatic changes for newspapers and radio and television stations. (pbs.org)
- 2007-10-13T04:28:38-04:00 https://images.c-span.org/Files/05d/201476-m.jpg Commissioner Kevin Martin spoke about minority ownership of media outlets, the operation of the Federal Communications Commission, and issues before the FCC involving media ownership and regulation. (c-span.org)
- Commissioner Kevin Martin spoke about minority ownership of media outlets, the operation of the Federal Communications Commission , and issues before the FCC involving media ownership and regulation. (c-span.org)
- And it is relieving this confusion that is one of the main aims of media ownership studies. (everything2.com)
- As with many areas of study and research, the work done on media ownership can be divided into two basic area: the theoretical (which deals with such issues as 'which model of media ownership is best? (everything2.com)
- etc.), and the more social science -based approach ('what is the current state of media ownership? (everything2.com)
- can future media ownership be accurately modelled ? (everything2.com)
- Media ownership has been studied for many years. (everything2.com)
- The earliest event that occurs to me as significant within the world of media ownership would be the inventions of Johann Gutenberg , and their effects on the economic and religious system at the time (obviously, there were probably significant events earlier too, but I just want to show that this subject has been around for a while). (everything2.com)
- In recent times it has become more prominent, thanks to the increasing popularity of media studies in general, as well as the growing need to address ownership issues raised by some of the new media possibilities. (everything2.com)
- There are many variations on these structures, but they are some of the more common ways of organising media ownership. (everything2.com)
- To improve transparency in patent ownership, the USPTO has formulated a rule that will require patent applicants and owners to regularly update ownership information. (uspto.gov)
- What the Home Ownership Mob is attempting to do is convert the exemption into the rule. (cnbc.com)
- Gannett agrees that the newspaper/broadcast cross-ownership ban must be changed, but today's proposed rule is far too limited and does not reflect the realities of the marketplace," the company said in a statement. (reuters.com)
- For example, a fractional owner with a percentage ownership in a home in the Caribbean might want to spend time on the coast of France. (investopedia.com)
- Among parents with minor children living at home , tablet ownership rose from 26% in April 2012 to 50% in May 2013 (an increase of 24 percentage points). (pewinternet.org)
- Tablet ownership among adults living in households making at least $75,000 per year rose from 34% to 56% (22 percentage points). (pewinternet.org)
- Tablet ownership among college graduates rose from 28% to 49% (21 percentage points). (pewinternet.org)
Stronger when competition1
- We show that the positive effect of insitutional ownership is stronger when competition is more intense (and CEOs less "entrenched " which is inconsistent with the lazy manager story, but consistent with our career concerns model. (psu.edu)
- Facebook is going one step further in its verbal battle against the man who says the company's founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg signed away ownership of 84% of the social networking site seven years ago. (computerworld.com)
- Questions over who really owns Facebook cropped up after Paul D. Ceglia of Wellsville, N.Y. filed a lawsuit June 30, alleging that he signed a pact with Zuckerberg in 2003 that entitles him to 84% ownership of the company. (computerworld.com)
- So, it ought to be glory days for President Bush, who has made the " Ownership Society " a theme of his presidency, and who views investing in securities as the solution to everything from Social Security's long-term insolvency to the health-care crisis. (slate.com)
- To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-commits/jenkinsci/ownership-plugin/push/refs/heads/changelog/000000-a5451c%40github.com . (mail-archive.com)
- If you are really keen, here are the https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Security_recommendations#Most_secure.2Fparanoid_file_permissions . (moodle.org)
- Ownership data based on most recent publicly available data according to Thomson Reuters. (corporate-ir.net)
- On February 26, 2009 the Regulations of State Agencies were modified to permit clients of BESB to take ownership of equipment provided by this agency for educational, rehabilitative or independent living purposes. (ct.gov)
- In the loosest sense of group ownership, a lack of legal framework, rules and regulations may mean that group ownership of property places each member in a position of responsibility (liability) for the actions of every other member. (wikipedia.org)
- Green Party MP Catherine Delahunty, who has for years been campaigning on environmental issues in the Coromandel, said the new valuation would make collaborative ownership more achievable. (nzherald.co.nz)
- Ownership is the key building block in the development of the capitalist socio-economic system. (wikipedia.org)
- Reasons for state ownership of commercial enterprises are that the enterprise in question is a natural monopoly or because the government is promoting economic development and industrialization. (wikipedia.org)
- However, state ownership and nationalization by themselves are not socialist, as they can exist under a wide variety of different political and economic systems for a variety of different reasons. (wikipedia.org)
- State ownership by itself does not imply social ownership where income rights belong to society as a whole. (wikipedia.org)
- As such, state ownership is only one possible expression of public ownership, which itself is one variation of the broader concept of social ownership. (wikipedia.org)
- In traditional conceptions of non-market socialism, public ownership is a tool to consolidate the means of production as a precursor to the establishment of economic planning for the allocation of resources between organizations, as required by government or by the state. (wikipedia.org)
- Socialist theories and political ideologies that favor state ownership of the means of production may be labelled state socialism. (wikipedia.org)
- State ownership was recognized by Friedrich Engels in Socialism: Utopian and Scientific as, by itself, not doing away with capitalism, including the process of capital accumulation and structure of wage labor. (wikipedia.org)
- Engels argued that state ownership of commercial industry would represent the final stage of capitalism, consisting of ownership and management of large-scale production and manufacture by the state. (wikipedia.org)
- It is our hope that as we open the door to a cooperative ownership model, others too can begin steps to own or co-own their places of work and/or residences, a mighty step in creating wealth equity in our community, especially among minority and vulnerable peoples. (google.com)
- Hola, There seems to be a problem with the ownership model in Zope (or ZPatterns). (mail-archive.com)
- Thanks to ride sharing and the looming introduction of self-driving vehicles, the entire model of car ownership is being upended-and very soon may not look anything like it has for the past century. (wsj.com)
- Though the service has been likened to NetFlix, Spotify, and Pandora-"It's access, not ownership," Van Lancker said-Oyster offers a definitively new model for reading digital books. (publishersweekly.com)
- The model of ownership, however, is especially significant when the product in question is information . (everything2.com)
- But based on a study conducted in the late 1990s and more recent data about gun ownership among people 65 and older, they estimated that 40 to 60 percent of dementia patients have guns in their households. (aarp.org)
- Note that you could add any site or app as a property to Search Console, but until you verify ownership of it (or an owner grants you rights on it) you can't use it in Search Console. (google.com)
- For example, you could add www.wikipedia.org as a property to your Search Console account, but you couldn't access it until a Wikipedia developer helped you prove ownership (or a Wikipedia Search Console property owner added you as a user to the Search Console property). (google.com)
- Yet implementing ownership has proved both difficult and controversial, caught between donors' need to ensure that public money is well spent and recipients' demands for policy autonomy. (oecd.org)
- A proposal to put an iconic Coromandel beach into public ownership has been withdrawn, but a new estimate that halves the land's value has given the Green Party hope a deal could still be done. (nzherald.co.nz)
- The Environmental Defence Society, which had been working with the owners to put the land into public ownership, said it feared the Government would reject the offer. (nzherald.co.nz)
- or can refer to non-governmental public ownership vested in autonomous public enterprises. (wikipedia.org)
- Public ownership of the means of production is a subset of social ownership, which is the defining characteristic of a socialist economy. (wikipedia.org)
- Within the United Kingdom, public ownership is mostly associated with the Labour Party (a centre-left democratic socialist party), specifically due to the creation of Clause IV of the "Labour Party Manifesto" in 1918. (wikipedia.org)
- There is ongoing debate about the effect of ownership on hospital performance as regards efficiency and care quality. (repec.org)
- Financing Development 2008: Whose Ownership? (oecd.org)
- Accueil de l'OCDE Centre de développement Perspectives du développement mondial Financing Development 2008: Whose Ownership? (oecd.org)
- No current or previous farm ownership requirements and 100 percent financing available make FSA direct farm ownership loans a valuable resource to help farmers and ranchers become owner-operators of family farms, improve and expand current operations, increase agricultural productivity, and assist with land tenure to save farmland for future generations. (usda.gov)
- There are 3 types of Direct Farm Ownership Loans: "regular," joint financing, and downpayment depending upon individual needs. (usda.gov)
- The Down Payment Farm Ownership loan is the only loan program that does not provide 100 percent financing. (usda.gov)
- The maximum loan amount for a Joint Financing or Participation Farm Ownership loan is $300,000. (usda.gov)
- The maximum repayment period for the Direct Farm Ownership loan and the Joint Financing loan is 40 years. (usda.gov)
- But the subprime mortgage crisis of 2007, which cut off financing to many who had previously been able to use riskier loans to buy a house, and the rising foreclosure rates are just the latest blow to home ownership. (aol.com)
- JOE NYC was created to consolidate ownership of CDC affordable housing projects into one entity of substantially greater scale. (idealist.org)
- The mid-1970s cross-ownership guidelines grandfathered already-existing crossownerships, such as Tribune -WGN, New York Times -WQXR and the New York Daily News ownership of WPIX Television and Radio. (wikipedia.org)
- The NAACP claims "it is clear that non-U.S. citizens own some 36% of News Corp., a figure far in excess of the 25% limit on alien ownership of companies controlling U.S. (TV) licensees. (variety.com)
- Earlier this week, though, in an interview with Diane Sawyer of ABC News, Zuckerberg said he is "quite sure" he didn't sign a contract giving a former Web designer ownership of the company. (computerworld.com)
- What are the implications of this ownership structure? (slideshare.net)
- We provide a positive and normative analysis of the impact of platform ownership structure on platform size. (repec.org)
- Commented Fiat CEO and Chrysler Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne on the deal: "The unified ownership structure will now allow us to fully execute our vision of creating a global automaker that is truly unique in terms of mix of experience, perspective, and know-how-a solid and open organization that will ensure all employees a challenging and rewarding environment. (sae.org)
- One can transfer or lose ownership of property by selling it for money, exchanging it for other property, giving it as a gift, misplacing it, or having it stripped from one's ownership through legal means such as eviction, foreclosure, seizure, or taking. (wikipedia.org)
- An absentee landlord, most often found in commercial real estate ownership, rents the property but is not located on or near the property. (investopedia.com)
- Fractionals, a segment of the shared-ownership real-estate market, jumped to $2 billion in sales in 2005, up 28% from 2004, reports consulting firm Ragatz Associates. (wsj.com)
- Household data from the 1998 and 2001 Survey of Consumer Finances shows that variable annuity ownership is highly concentrated among high income and high net wealth sub-groups of the population. (nber.org)
- Available only to eligible beginning farmers and ranchers and/or minority and women applicants, a Down Payment loan is a special type of Direct Farm Ownership loan program that partially finances the purchase of a family size farm or ranch. (usda.gov)
- In art and literature, neoslave novels and conceptual art deployed racist imagery and slave or folk stories to subvert dominant assumptions even as they experimented with strategies to recuperate and claim ownership over such stereotyped texts. (jhu.edu)
- asks important questions about the responsibility of pet ownership. (lulu.com)
- While the addition of Wilson and Macklemore will grab attention, other new additions to the ownership group have deep ties to Microsoft. (usatoday.com)
- Thus, being a partner or owner in a group may give little advantage in terms of share ownership while producing a lot of risk to the partner, owner or participant. (wikipedia.org)
- A recent article investigates the issue of gun ownership in an aging population. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- A recent article in The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association considers the issue of firearm ownership in relation to old age, depression , and dementia. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- This raises the question of alternative ownership forms (something Pollin also began to take up in a 2012 article in the Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society ). (commondreams.org)
- We need to confirm ownership because once you are verified for a site or app you have access to its private Google Search data, and can affect how Google Search crawls it. (google.com)
- The publisher markets its programs to astrology buffs 'seeking to determine the historical time at any given time in any particular location, world-wide,' and claims ownership to the data in its 'AC International Atlas' and 'ACS American Atlas' software programs. (wired.com)