NorwayRats, Inbred BNPicea: A plant genus in the family PINACEAE, order Pinales, class Pinopsida, division Coniferophyta. They are evergreen, pyramidal trees with whorled branches and thin, scaly bark. Each of the linear, spirally arranged leaves is jointed near the stem on a separate woody base.ScandinaviaScabies: A contagious cutaneous inflammation caused by the bite of the mite SARCOPTES SCABIEI. It is characterized by pruritic papular eruptions and burrows and affects primarily the axillae, elbows, wrists, and genitalia, although it can spread to cover the entire body.Salmo salar: A commercially important species of SALMON in the family SALMONIDAE, order SALMONIFORMES, which occurs in the North Atlantic.Arctic Regions: The Arctic Ocean and the lands in it and adjacent to it. It includes Point Barrow, Alaska, most of the Franklin District in Canada, two thirds of Greenland, Svalbard, Franz Josef Land, Lapland, Novaya Zemlya, and Northern Siberia. (Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p66)Carbon Compounds, Inorganic: Inorganic compounds that contain carbon as an integral part of the molecule but are not derived from hydrocarbons.Silicon Compounds: Inorganic compounds that contain silicon as an integral part of the molecule.Reindeer: A genus of deer, Rangifer, that inhabits the northern parts of Europe, Asia, and America. Caribou is the North American name; reindeer, the European. They are often domesticated and used, especially in Lapland, for drawing sleds and as a source of food. Rangifer is the only genus of the deer family in which both sexes are antlered. Most caribou inhabit arctic tundra and surrounding arboreal coniferous forests and most have seasonal shifts in migration. They are hunted extensively for their meat, skin, antlers, and other parts. (From Webster, 3d ed; Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th ed, p1397)Registries: The systems and processes involved in the establishment, support, management, and operation of registers, e.g., disease registers.Questionnaires: Predetermined sets of questions used to collect data - clinical data, social status, occupational group, etc. The term is often applied to a self-completed survey instrument.Fish Diseases: Diseases of freshwater, marine, hatchery or aquarium fish. This term includes diseases of both teleosts (true fish) and elasmobranchs (sharks, rays and skates).Cohort Studies: Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.Somalia: Somalia is located on the east coast of Africa on and north of the Equator and, with Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, and Kenya, is often referred to as the Horn of Africa. It comprises Italy's former Trust Territory of Somalia and the former British Protectorate of Somaliland. The capital is Mogadishu.Pensions: Fixed sums paid regularly to individuals.Aquaculture: Cultivation of natural faunal resources of water. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Cross-Sectional Studies: Studies in which the presence or absence of disease or other health-related variables are determined in each member of the study population or in a representative sample at one particular time. This contrasts with LONGITUDINAL STUDIES which are followed over a period of time.Risk Factors: An aspect of personal behavior or lifestyle, environmental exposure, or inborn or inherited characteristic, which, on the basis of epidemiologic evidence, is known to be associated with a health-related condition considered important to prevent.Hoof and Claw: Highly keratinized processes that are sharp and curved, or flat with pointed margins. They are found especially at the end of the limbs in certain animals.Industrial Oils: Oils which are used in industrial or commercial applications.Pregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.Gadus morhua: A species of fish in the cod family GADIDAE, known as the Atlantic cod. It is one of the most important commercial FISHES.Incidence: The number of new cases of a given disease during a given period in a specified population. It also is used for the rate at which new events occur in a defined population. It is differentiated from PREVALENCE, which refers to all cases, new or old, in the population at a given time.Gadiformes: An order of fish including the families Gadidae (cods), Macrouridae (grenadiers), and hakes. The large Gadidae family includes cod, haddock, whiting, and pollock.Extraction and Processing Industry: The industry concerned with the removal of raw materials from the Earth's crust and with their conversion into refined products.New Brunswick: A province of eastern Canada, one of the Maritime Provinces with NOVA SCOTIA; PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND; and sometimes NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR. Its capital is Fredericton. It was named in honor of King George III, of the House of Hanover, also called Brunswick. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p828 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p375)Age Factors: Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.Prevalence: The total number of cases of a given disease in a specified population at a designated time. It is differentiated from INCIDENCE, which refers to the number of new cases in the population at a given time.Occupational Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents that occurs as a result of one's occupation.Sex Factors: Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.SwedenProspective Studies: Observation of a population for a sufficient number of persons over a sufficient number of years to generate incidence or mortality rates subsequent to the selection of the study group.SvalbardInsurance, Disability: Insurance designed to compensate persons who lose wages because of illness or injury; insurance providing periodic payments that partially replace lost wages, salary, or other income when the insured is unable to work because of illness, injury, or disease. Individual and group disability insurance are two types of such coverage. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988, p207)After-Hours Care: Medical care provided after the regular practice schedule of the physicians. Usually it is designed to deliver 24-hour-a-day and 365-day-a-year patient care coverage for emergencies, triage, pediatric care, or hospice care.Parity: The number of offspring a female has borne. It is contrasted with GRAVIDITY, which refers to the number of pregnancies, regardless of outcome.Fisheries: Places for cultivation and harvesting of fish, particularly in sea waters. (from McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)EuropeIcelandSick Leave: An absence from work permitted because of illness or the number of days per year for which an employer agrees to pay employees who are sick. (Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1981)Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Occupational Diseases: Diseases caused by factors involved in one's employment.Isavirus: A genus in the family ORTHOMYXOVIRIDAE containing one species: Infectious salmon anemia virus.Seoul virus: A species of HANTAVIRUS causing a less severe form of HEMORRHAGIC FEVER WITH RENAL SYNDROME in Asia (primarily Korea and Japan). It is transmitted by rats, especially Rattus rattus and R. norvegicus.Follow-Up Studies: Studies in which individuals or populations are followed to assess the outcome of exposures, procedures, or effects of a characteristic, e.g., occurrence of disease.Seasons: Divisions of the year according to some regularly recurrent phenomena usually astronomical or climatic. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Asia, Western: The geographical designation for the countries of the MIDDLE EAST and the countries BANGLADESH; BHUTAN; INDIA; NEPAL; PAKISTAN; and SRI LANKA. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, 1993 & Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988)Quartz: Quartz (SiO2). A glassy or crystalline form of silicon dioxide. Many colored varieties are semiprecious stones. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital: Hospital department responsible for the administration and management of services provided for obstetric and gynecologic patients.Sheep Diseases: Diseases of domestic and mountain sheep of the genus Ovis.Infant, Newborn: An infant during the first month after birth.DairyingPopulation Surveillance: Ongoing scrutiny of a population (general population, study population, target population, etc.), generally using methods distinguished by their practicability, uniformity, and frequently their rapidity, rather than by complete accuracy.Climatotherapy: Relocating a patient to a CLIMATE more suitable for health or for management of a health condition.Montenegro: Montenegro was formerly part of the historic Kingdom of Yugoslavia. Following World War II, Montenegro was granted the status of a republic within YUGOSLAVIA. On May 21, 2006, the Republic of Montenegro held a successful referendum on independence and declared independence on June 3. The capital is Podgorica.
Sverre Sverressøn Klingenberg
In the Norwegian parliamentary election, 1930 he was elected as a deputy representative to the Parliament of Norway from Sør- ... Stortingsvalget 1933" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. Genealogical entry for Sverre Sverressøn Klingenberg. ... "Odd Sverressøn Klingenberg" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Social Science Data Services (NSD). Retrieved 5 January 2013. Steenstrup ... "Sverre Sverressøn Klingenberg" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Social Science Data Services (NSD). Retrieved 19 January 2014. " ...
King John and the Bishop
Stortingsvalget 1936" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. Steenstrup, Bjørn, ed. (1948). "Hansson, Halvor". Hvem er hvem ... During the remainder of the occupation of Norway by Nazi Germany, from 1942 to 1945, she worked as an assistant secretary in ... She was highly supportive of Vidkun Quisling during the party's in-fighting in the 1930s, and for the Norwegian parliamentary ... Øyvor Hansson, née Styren (3 March 1893 - 1975) was a Norwegian politician for Nasjonal Samling. She co-founded the Nasjonal ...
Statistics Norway. "Norges Offisielle Statistikk. V. 189. Stortingsvalget 1912" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. " ... Stortingsvalget 1915" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. Steenstrup, Bjørn, ed. (1948). "Fortegnelse over personer som ... Arnold Mathew Johan Philip Hazeland (10 February 1859 - 17 November 1945) was a Norwegian judge and politician for the Labour ... 1930). "Hazeland, Arnold". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 171. Retrieved 19 January 2012. "Norges Offisielle ...
... was a speed skating rink located at Tryvannshøyden in Oslo, Norway. Traditionally the main speed skating venues ... Walmann, Anette (1 November 2007). "På glattisen!" (in Norwegian). Oslo Municipal Archives. Archived from the original on 19 ... Organising Committee for the VI Winter Olympic Games (1952). Olympic Winter Games Oslo 1952 (pdf). Oslo, Norway. p. 41. ...
2005). "Kyrkjebø, Sissel". Norsk pop & rock-leksikon (in Norwegian). Vega Forlag. Norway population. Norwegian Charts. ... Sissel is a 1986 album from Norwegian singer Sissel Kyrkjebø. It was her debut album which contained different genres and ... making it the best selling album in Norway at that time, in a country of less than 5 million population. 01. Kjærlighet 02. ...
Statistics Norway. "Norges Offisielle Statistikk. VIII. 69. Stortingsvalget 1927" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. ... "Johannes Onsager Brecke" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Social Science Data Services (NSD). Retrieved 19 August 2012. Steenstrup, ... In the general elections of 1924 and 1927 he was elected as a deputy representative to the Parliament of Norway, representing ... Johannes Onsager Brecke (1 October 1877 - 28 April 1943) was a Norwegian businessperson and politician for the Conservative ...
Statistics Norway. "Norges Offisielle Statistikk. XI. 299. Stortingsvalget 1957" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. ... John Midgaard (29 August 1891 - 22 August 1971) was a Norwegian principal and politician for the Liberal Party. He was born in ... 1948). "Midgaard, John". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 361. Retrieved 13 July 2014. "Norges Offisielle ... in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 628. Retrieved 13 July 2014. ...
Th. Valentin Aass
He competed in the 1912 Summer Olympics as a crew member of the Norwegian boat Taifun, which won the gold medal in the 8 metre ... The legation became of the utmost importance when Norway was dragged into the Second World War while Sweden remained neutral. ... He represented the Royal Norwegian Yacht Club. In 1917 he was hired in the foreign service, as a secretary in the Ministry of ... In 1930 he was moved to the Norwegian legation in Stockholm as a secretary. He also had responsibility for Kaunas, Lithuania. ...
Otto Hjersing Munthe-Kaas
During World War II he took part in the Norwegian Campaign in 1940, served with the Norwegian Army High Command in London from ... His books include The Campaign of Northern Norway from 1944, Krigen i Norge 1940. Operasjonene gjennom Romerike-Hedemarken- ... Otto Hjersing Munthe-Kaas (31 August 1883 - 25 June 1981) was a Norwegian politician, businessman and military officer. He was ... 1973). "Munthe-Kaas, Otto Hjersing". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 396. Retrieved 9 July 2016. "Cemeteries ...
1973). "Folkestad, Anker". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 159. Retrieved 5 April 2014. "Cemeteries in Norway ... Anker Lyder Folkestad (31 July 1914 - 28 August 1989) was a Norwegian civil servant. He was born in Ullern as a son of station ... After a tenure as director of personnel in the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation from 1961 to 1963, he was appointed as deputy ...
Nils Juell Dybwad
... in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 625. Retrieved 21 June 2012. "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 29 June 2012. ... "Kari Garmann" (in Norwegian). Storting. "Nils Dybwad død". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). 28 June 1972. p. 15. Ottosen, Kristian, ... He was a supervisory council member of the exiled Bank of Norway. He was succeeded by his son-in-law Per Gram as chief ... During the occupation of Norway by Nazi Germany he was arrested for aiding the Kvarstad vessels in leaving neutral Sweden. He ...
1973). "Styren, Ulf". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 540. Retrieved 12 June 2014. "Cemeteries in Norway". ... From 1957 to 1966 he was the president of the Norwegian Red Cross. Upon leaving he was proclaimed an honorary member. He was ... Ulf Styren (4 April 1890 - 20 December 1974) was a Norwegian businessperson. He was born in Kristiania as a son of treasurer M ...
He chaired Namdal Forestry Society from 1941 to 1961 and was a board member of the Norwegian Forestry Society from 1942 to 1960 ... "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 27 April 2014. ... 1973). "Mørkved, Salamon". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: ... Salamon Mørkved (27 September 1891 - 30 June 1978) was a Norwegian forester and politician for the Liberal Party. He was born ... graduating in forestry from the Norwegian College of Agriculture in 1917. He was hired as a forest manager in Namdal ...
"Kontreadmiral Tore Holthe død". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). 13 June 1973. "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 1 ... Tore Holthe (4 February 1914 - 12 June 1973) was a Norwegian military officer with the rank of rear admiral. He was born in ... He was promoted to rear admiral in 1962, and headed the Royal Norwegian Navy's section Sjøforsvarskommando Østlandet from 1967 ... 1973). "Holthe, Tore". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 256. Retrieved 29 January 2013. " ...
Lars Johan Danbolt
... he was also a board member of the Norwegian Association of Clergy from 1950 to 1952 and the Norwegian Bible Society from 1951 ... "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 18 April 2014. ... 1973). "Danbolt, Lars Johan". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). ... Lars Johan Danbolt (18 October 1895 - 7 June 1981) was a Norwegian priest. He was born in Bergen as a son of tanner Ole ... He was also a teacher at the practical-theological seminary at the MF Norwegian School of Theology from 1948 to 1954. He was ...
Nils Stian Stiansen
... (16 August 1900 - 25 July 1974) was a Norwegian building contractor. He was born in Fevik, a son of Peder ... "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 15 May 2014. (as "Nils R. Stiansen"). ... 1973). "Stiansen, Nils Stian". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 531. Retrieved 14 May 2014. " ...
... in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 601. Retrieved 11 April 2012. "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 11 April 2012. ... From 1931 to 1933 he chaired the Norwegian Specialized Press Association. He was also vice chairman of the Norwegian ... and after some years as secretary of the Norwegian Insurance Council since 1913 and teacher at the Norwegian Institute of ... While at the Norwegian Institute of Technology he chaired the Student Society in Trondhjem from 1915 to 1916. He was a prolific ...
... in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 629. Retrieved 7 December 2012. "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 7 December 2012 ... Harald Ramm (7 July 1895 - 28 January 1970) was a Norwegian barrister. He was born in Tromsø as a son of chief physician ... During the occupation of Norway by Nazi Germany Ramm was arrested by the Nazi authorities already in October 1940, and was held ... He was a board member of the National Gallery of Norway, Morgenbladet, Norsk Philips, Philips Fabrikk Norsk, Vitaphil, G. & S. ...
He was appointed Justice of the Supreme Court of Norway from 1945. He was member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The ... Henrik Eiler Støren Bahr (3 October 1902 - 27 July 1982) was a Norwegian judge. He was born in Christiania, a son of dentist ... 1973). "Bahr, Henrik Eiler Støren". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 36. Retrieved 22 March 2014. "Cemeteries ...
1989). Skiklubben Fram 100 år (in Norwegian). pp. 9-11. "Vikings generalforsamling". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). 4 April 1935. ... "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 13 March 2012. ... He was a deputy board member of the Norwegian Forestry Society ... Norsk ornitologisk forening 1957-1982 (in Norwegian). Trondheim: Norwegian Ornithological Society. pp. 3-7. ISBN 82-990868-0-9 ... Oscar Collett (9 December 1877 - 1950) was a Norwegian landowner and benefactor. He was born in Trondhjem as a son of landowner ...
Axel Camillo Eitzen (1883-1968)
... in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 625. Retrieved 9 November 2013. "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 9 November 2013 ... Axel Camillo Eitzen (27 July 1883 - 1 November 1968) was a Norwegian ship-owner. He was born in Tønsberg as a son of ship-owner ... 1948). "Eitzen, Axel Camillo". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 133. Retrieved 9 November 2013. Steenstrup, ... 1973). "Eitzen, Juan (Johan) Lauritz". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 135. Retrieved 9 November 2013. ...
Olav Georg Folkestad
1973). "Folkestad, Anker". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 159. Retrieved 5 April 2014. "Cemeteries in Norway ... He started out as an assistant in the Norwegian State Railways bridge division, then at the Norwegian Institute of Technology ... He was a fellow of the Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences, and was decorated as a Knight of the Order of St. Olav in ... In 1968 he won the "Bygg reis deg" statuette, and in 1969 he was given the Sam Eyde Award by the Norwegian Engineer Association ...
"Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 11 June 2011. "Bjarne Jullum". Demokraten (in Norwegian). 24 April 1914. p. 1. ... In April 1940, Norway was invaded by Germany. Jullum was acting editor until September 1940, when the newspaper was shut down ... He was also a board member of the Norwegian Press Association from 1930 to 1936. As a politician he held his first secretary ... Bjarne Jullum (25 June 1894 - 22 September 1973) was a Norwegian journalist, cooperativist and politician for the Labour and ...
Johannes Ø. Sandvik
"Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 8 April 2014. Steenstrup, Bjørn, ed. (1973). "Sandvik, Olav". Hvem er hvem? (in ... After folk high school from 1915 to 1916 and agricultural school from 1916 to 1918, he graduated from the Norwegian College of ... He was the father of Olav Sandvik, rector of the Norwegian School of Veterinary Science. Steenstrup, Bjørn, ed. (1973). " ... Johannes Ølverson Sandvik (27 November 1894 - 1978) was a Norwegian agronomist and civil servant. ...
After the Occupation of Norway by Nazi Germany, he fled to London where he was a head of department in the Norwegian Shipping ... Erling Mossige (16 April 1907 - 3 January 1997) was a Norwegian jurist and banker. He was born at Målselv in Troms, Norway. He ... 1973). "Mossige, Erling". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. pp. 393-394. Retrieved 30 March 2011. "soussjef". ... the Norwegian-American Chamber of Commerce and the skiing club Christinia SK. He was a supervisory council member in Brage-Fram ...
1948). "Rød, Ørnulf". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 452. Retrieved 21 December 2012. "Cemeteries in Norway ... From 1945 to 1946 he served as the Judge Advocate General for the Norwegian Armed Forces. He was a board member and chairman of ... Ørnulf Rød (23 October 1891 - 1969) was a Norwegian barrister. He was born in Tønsberg as a son of ship-owner Bernhard Adolf ...
"Dødsfall". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). 13 June 1955. p. 5. "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 9 March 2012. ... Alf Tjersland (6 September 1881 - 12 June 1955) was a Norwegian engineer and businessperson. He was born in Kristiania as a son ... From 1927 to 1928 he was an executive committee member in the Federation of Norwegian Industries, chairing its home industry ... 1948). "Tjersland, Alf". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 449. Retrieved 11 March 2012. Hoffstad, Einar, ed. ( ...
Workers on strike in Oslo, Norway, 2012. Trade unions (Danish/Norwegian: Fagforeninger, Swedish: Fackföreningar) have a long ... This model was said to encompass Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. Here, Denmark joined the EU in 1973, whereas Finland and ... in Norway, while it is unknown in Greenland, Faroe Islands and the Åland Islands. Excluding full-time students working part ... Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK and the US), a cross-section of workers from various trades (general unionism, ...
List of sign languages by number of native signers
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen (Norwegian: Universitetet i Bergen) is a public university located in Bergen, Norway. The university ... Norway. Bergen. New Zealand. Auckland. South Africa. Cape Town. Kenya. University of Nairobi. United Kingdom. Bristol. Leeds. ... "Universitetet i Bergen (in Norwegian Bokmål). Retrieved 2017-10-27.. *^ "Universitetet i Bergen er 70 år". Universitetet i ... Norway. University of Bergen. Poland. Jagiellonian University. Portugal. University of Coimbra. Romania. Alexandru Ioan Cuza ...
Battle of Lützen (1813)
Napoleon was visiting the 1632 battlefield, playing tour guide with his staff by pointing to the sites and describing the events of 1632, in detail from memory, when he heard the sound of cannon. He immediately cut the tour short and rode off towards the direction of the artillery fire. Arriving on the scene, he quickly sized up the situation and decided to set a trap using Ney's corps as bait. He ordered the Marshal to make a fighting withdrawal towards Lützen. Meanwhile, he sent Ney reinforcements which would take up strong, defensive positions in and around two villages south of the city. Once these divisions were ready, the rest of the corps would withdraw towards them, luring the allies to attack, while Napoleon, leading the main 110,000 strong French force, would come around the allied flank and counterattack. Wittgenstein and Blücher took the bait, continuing to press Ney until they ran into the "hook" Napoleon had prepared. Once their advance had halted, with the perfect timing of old, ...
The 2002 winner came from Norway and was the first overseas exhibit to win the Crufts best in show award. ... "Norwegian poodle wins Crufts". BBC News. 10 March 2002. Archived from the original on 17 April 2004. Retrieved 28 December 2009 ... Litter size at birth, stillborn, early neonatal mortality for poodles in the Norwegian Kennel Club. Size. Average ... It was invented by Swedish and Norwegian show groomers in the 1970s. It is the most common one in all sizes for shows in Europe ...
NorwayEdit. Weight of khat [kg] confiscated by Norwegian Customs Service 2009- ... "Official statistics from the Norwegian Customs and Excise Authorities" (in Norwegian). 1 June 2011. Archived from the original ... "Toll.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2018-03-23.. *^ "NOVA paper 1/06". 16 March 2007. Archived from the original on 18 December ... In Norway, khat is classified as a narcotic drug and is illegal to use, sell and possess. Most users are Somali immigrants and ...
NorwayEdit. Norway is recognized as an important country for music therapy research. Its two major research centers are the ... Center for Music and Health with the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo, and the Grieg Academy Centre for Music Therapy ( ... Norway's main contribution to the field is mostly in the area of "community music therapy", which tends to be as much oriented ...
Lily of the valley
The 2009 Norwegian spiral anomalies, a temporary strange light phenomenon over vast areas of northern Norway have been ... "Strange 'Norway spiral' likely an out-of-control missile". New Scientist. 10 December 2009. Archived from the original on 13 ... "Norway spiral: A rocket scientist explains the mystery". Christian Science Monitor. 10 December 2009. Archived from the ... The missile test failed due to a malfunction in the third-stage engine. Notably caused the 2009 Norwegian spiral anomaly.. ...
He is a member of the Norwegian Academy for Language and Literature. He has been a member of the board of Norway's National ... In 2010 he was elected chairman of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. He has two children. Norwegian Official Report on ... "Det Norske Akademi for Sprog og Litteratur" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy for Language and Literature. Archived from the ... Didriksen, Nina; Fenne, Marit (10 June 2010). "William Nygaard ny styreleder i NRK" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Broadcasting ...
Siege of Kolberg (1807)
Within two weeks after the Battle of Jena-Auerstedt (14 October 1806), Napoleon's Grande Armée had pursued the defeated Royal Prussian Army to Pasewalk in Prussian Pomerania. The provincial capital Stettin (now Szczecin), one of twenty Prussian fortresses, capitulated on 29 October making Kolberg, which at that time had about 5,000 inhabitants, the province's only fortress remaining in Prussian hands. Pierre Thouvenout was appointed French governor of Pomerania and sent his envoy Mestram to accept Kolberg's expected capitulation and take control of it. On 8 November 1806, Mestram met with the Prussian commander of Kolberg Louis Maurice de Lucadou (Ludwig Moritz von Lucadou) before its walls. Lucadou's refusal to hand over the fortress came as a surprise to the French generals and the Prussian administration in Stettin, who had already pledged allegiance to the French; it further led part of the defeated Prussian army to take refuge in Kolberg and reinforce the ...
Political positions of Marine Le Pen
In a statement about the 2011 Norway attacks, Le Pen expressed her condolences to the Norwegian people and her "determination ... "Marine Le Pen's statement about the 2011 Norway attacks". Front National (in French). 24 July 2011. Archived from the original ... "the Norwegian slaughter was the work of a lone lunatic who must be ruthlessly punished". ...
Dano-Norwegian, the basis of Norway's most widely used written standard, Bokmål. ... In Tyssedal only about one-third came from western Norway; a third came from eastern Norway; and the rest from other parts of ... Kerswill also examines the Norwegian dialects that emerged in two towns which were located around smelters built at the head of ... The towns, Odda and Tyssedal, both drew migrants from different parts of Norway. The workers in Odda came predominantly (86%) ...
The largest population in Europe is found along the coast of Norway. The Norwegian population in 2008 was claimed to ... Norwegian Universities Press. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ... Norwegian nests appear at no closer than 1-2 km (0.62-1.24 mi); territory size on Norwegian coasts were reported as roughly 6 ... 4 egg clutches have been recorded on the Isle of Skye, as well as in at least Poland, Romania and Norway. Clutch ...
Dobloug is an important Norwegian artist, who left Norway and what be believed to be a rigid educational system for performing ... Dobloug's works have been shown in a large number of exhibitions, in Norway and abroad. His works are mainly acrylic paintings ... Jørgen Dobloug (23 April 1945 - 16 January 2018) was a Norwegian artist based in Düsseldorf and Oslo. He studied at the ... Dobloug was granted the Norwegian Government Grant for Artists from 1995. Ustvedt, Øystein (2001). Ny norsk kunst etter 1990. ...
Currently he is managing director for Oslo S Utvikling AS, a major developer of commercial and residential property in Norway ... Thorsen has been president for the Norwegian Rowing Federation in the period 2000 - 2010, and also a board member of ... Rolf Bernt Thorsen (born 22 February 1961) is a Norwegian former competition rower, world champion and Olympic medalist. He ...
Nicolay Stang was born in Kristiansand, in Vest-Agder County, Norway. He graduated from the Hamar Cathedral School in 1926. He ... Nicolay Milberg Stang (21 April 1908 - 15 July 1971) was a Norwegian art historian, philologist, publicist and writer. ... During the Occupation of Norway by Nazi Germany, Strang was arrested in November 1940 and spent 18 months in solitary ... Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 16 March 2011. "Nic Stang". Store norske leksikon ...
Arne Dagfin Dahl
After returning to Norway in 1919, Dahl spent five years working at the Norwegian Military Academy. In 1929 he became an ... Norway) (in Norwegian). 1998. Retrieved 31 December 2009. Borgersrud, Lars (1995). "Alta Bataljon". In Dahl, Hans Fredrik. ... he was made commander of the Norwegian Military Mission. In 1941 Dahl became the first Norwegian to attend the Command and ... According to a report on the Alta Battalion by the Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services, Dahl saw action during his ...
Norwegian Gymnastics Federation
Norwegian: Norges Gymnastikk- og Turnforbund, NGTF) is the national gymnastics association in Norway. The Norwegian Gymnastics ... "Vår historie" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Gymnastics Federation. Retrieved 9 October 2016. "Kontakt, NGTF" (in Norwegian). ... The federation is a member of the Norwegian Confederation of Sports (NIF), the European Union of Gymnastics (UEG) and the ... Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Norsk nettleksikon. Retrieved 9 October 2016. " ...
... where the banned Communist Party of Norway had a secret encampment from which their part of the Norwegian resistance was ... juli 1944" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Retrieved 8 November 2010. "Operasjon Almenrausch" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Agder Teater. 2008. ... Norwegian Official Report 1998:12 Dahl, Hans Fredrik (1995). "Halvorsen, Roald". In Dahl, Hans Fredrik. Norsk krigsleksikon ... Operation Almenrausch was a counter-resistance operation in occupied Norway, planned and carried out by the Wehrmacht and the ...
William Dutton (speed skater)
"Skjerven leder Superfinalen". Football Association of Norway (in Norwegian). 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2010-03-06. ... Aalesund v Rosenborg 2009 Norwegian Premier League 2009 Norwegian Football Cup "Superfinale mellom AaFK og RBK 7. mars". ... Football Association of Norway (in Norwegian). 2009-12-16. Retrieved 2010-03-06. "Rosenborg overlegne i superfinalen". VG (in ... winners of the 2009 Norwegian Premier League and 2009 Norwegian Football Cup respectively. Rosenborg won the match 3-1 after ...
... , was a Norwegian drilling rig operation company; based in Stavanger, Norway and majority owned by the Aker Group ... In 2006, with the Aker Drilling's management team in place, the company set up its head office in Stavanger, Norway. The same ... The company was delisted after the take over was completed in October 2011, and it was renamed Transocean Norway Drilling AS - ... Egan, Matt (2011-08-15). "Transocean Launches $2.2B Bid for Norway's Aker Drilling". Fox Business Network. Retrieved 2011-08-16 ...
Norwegian Heraldry Society
... (Norwegian: Norsk Heraldisk Forening, NHF) is a heraldry society based in Oslo, Norway which was ... The Norwegian Heraldry Society organizes lectures and publishes the members' magazine Våpenbrevet ("Letters Patent"). It co- ... "About the Society". Norwegian Heraldry Society. Retrieved 17 August 2014. Bratberg, Terje (2003). "Herman L Løvenskiold". In ... Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). 6. Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 10 April 2009. Løberg, Lars (2004). "C S ...
Young Communists in Norway
The Young Communists in Norway (UngKom) is the youth wing of the Norwegian Communist Party. The Youth Communists in Norway is a ... Home page of The Young Communists in Norway Home page of the Norwegian Communist Party Home page of the Bergen division The ... As a consequence the new youth wing of the communist party had to change their name into The Youth Communists in Norway. Today ... p. 4. ,access-date= requires ,url= (help) Statement of the Secretariat of the Norwegian Communist Party 1 April 2006 Court- ...
Norwegian Muslim declares war against Norway
If security is dear to you, dear Norwegians, you should collectively demand that the Norwegian government withdraw Norwegian ... in perfect Norwegian told the Norwegians:. We therefore demand that Norway immediately decide to withdraw her forces from ... Norwegian Muslim declares war against Norway. Jan 31, 2012. 7:41 am. By Nicolai Sennels ... The Norwegian people should also know that their security will continue to be threatened as long as the Norwegian government ...
Norwegian Casinos and Gambling in Norway
Includes Norway casino details, gambling news and tweets in Norway, area maps, Norwegian entertainment, coupons offers... ... Norwegian casinos, cruise ships, horsetracks and dogtracks - the complete gambling landscape of Norway. ... Norway Casino and Card Room GamingNorway Commercial BingoNorway LotteriesNorway Online GamingNorway Race WageringNorway Sports ... Norway passes its own version of the UIGEA. 11 December 2008. Report: The Norwegian parliament passed a proposal this week that ...
Hiking Norway, Classic Norwegian Image & Photo | Bigstock
Hiking Norway classic norwegian scandinavian summer mountain landscape view mountains fjord lake blue sky image. Click for more ... Hiking in Norway classic norwegian scandinavian summer mountain landscape view with mountains fjord lake with a blue sky near ... norwegian, adventure, jotunheimen, tourism, oslo, sognefjord, sea, mountain, fjord, isafjordur, trollstigen, trekking, norge, ... landscape, sogn, og, fjordane, preikestolen, norway, nordland, iceland, hiking, reine, north, hardangerfjord, besseggen, harbor ...
Cheap Flights to Stavanger | Flights to Norway | Norwegian
Find the cheapest flights to Norway on norwegian.com and book today! ... CurrentYear} Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA. Please note that this is a Norwegian retail site, hence Norwegian legislation and rules ... The Norwegian Petroleum Museum. One of the most modern museums to visit in Stavanger is the Norwegian Petroleum Museum, with ... The Norwegian Canning Museum. If you ever needed an excuse to visit a canning museum - of all things - in Stavanger you have it ...
Norwegian Elkhounds and Modern Day Hunting in Norway
In Northern countries, especially Norway, the dog is still used to do what it was bred to do: hunt moose.. Indeed, in Norway, ... Technically, Norwegian show champions must have at least one first place prize in a hunting field trial, besides three winners ... There are essentially two ways in which Elkhounds are used in Norwegian moose hunting, and the way in which a dog is used ... The Norwegian Elkhounds name in English derives from the dogs original name, Elghund; "Elg", however, actually means "Moose ...
Norway - Norwegian Ornithological Society (NOF) | BirdLife
... and to constitute a link between people interested in birds in Norway. Key Activities Protection of bird habitats Running ... conservation-related projects on several threatened and near-threatened birds species both within Norway and abroad Public ... Running conservation-related projects on several threatened and near-threatened birds species both within Norway and abroad ... and to constitute a link between people interested in birds in Norway. ...
Royal Dano-Norwegian Navy order of battle in Norway (1808) - Wikipedia
Royal Dano-Norwegian Navy order of battle in Norway in 1808 Following the loss of the Danish-Norwegian fleet at the Battle of ... List of Dano-Norwegian naval forces in Norway in 1808 after the capture of the British brig Seagull on 19 June 1808. Hr. ... Stationen ved Mandal; (At the southern tip of Norway) Commander: Senior Lieutenant P. C. Spørck. Stationen ved Stavanger: ... Stationen ved Christianssand: (Kristiansand, near southern tip of Norway) Commander: Captain M. Bille. ...
Norway's Johan Galtung, Peace & Conflict Pioneer, Reflects on Norwegian Massacre, Afghan War | Democracy Now!
Norways Johan Galtung, Peace & Conflict Pioneer, Reflects on Norwegian Massacre, Afghan War. StoryApril 17, 2012. ... AMY GOODMAN: As the trial continues in Norway, we turn now to a Norwegian sociologist, mathematician, whos regarded as the ... As the trial continues in Norway, we are joined by Norwegian sociologist and mathematician, Johan Galtung, who is regarded as ... AMY GOODMAN: Talk more about this parallel youre making, that doesnt make you popular in Norway right now, with Norway part ...
Send money to Norway from Malaysia, transfer Malaysian Ringgit receive Norwegian Krone
Banned dogs (breeds) in Norway | The Norwegian Food Safety Authority
It is against the law to own certain breeds of dogs which are considered dangerous in Norway. This ban also applies to ... You are here: Home / Language / English / Animals / Import of animals to Norway / Banned dogs (breeds) in Norway ... Banned dogs (breeds) in Norway. Published 10.03.2015 Modified 10.03.2015 Print this ... It is against the law to own certain breeds of dogs which are considered dangerous in Norway. This ban also applies to ...
Norwegian Genetics - DNA of the people of Norway
... of the Norwegians have it) whereas none of the Norwegians in southern Norway had it. Scientists believe N3 came to Norwegians ... Norway - Culture Smart! by Linda Davis March *Authentic Norwegian Cooking by Astrid Karlsen Scott *Norway Flag 3x5 *Bokkilden. ... Langenscheidt Universal Dictionary Norwegian-English / English-Norwegian *Norwegian Verbs and Essentials of Grammar by Louis ... Norwegian Genetics: Abstracts and Summaries. Family Tree DNA: Genetic Testing Service. Norwegians have a big presence on this ...
Top 10 Bergen Hotels Near Museum of Norwegian Knitting Industry | Norway | Hotels.com
Compare 57 hotels near Museum of Norwegian Knitting Industry in Bergen using 11752 real guest reviews. Earn free nights, get ... Museum of Norwegian Knitting Industry in the Bergen area, Norway Are you looking for a cheap Museum of Norwegian Knitting ... The best hotel deals are here: We have Museum of Norwegian Knitting Industry hotel deals, Museum of Norwegian Knitting Industry ... you need to first check our online map and see the distance you will be from Museum of Norwegian Knitting Industry, Norway. Our ...
Norwegian Petroleum Museum meetings | Convention Centers | Stavanger | Norway
Norwegian Petroleum Museum is also an ideal place for a reception before you have dinner at Bølgen & Moi or one of the other ... Norwegian Petroleum Museum provides an excellent venue for meetings and conferences with up to 80 participants. All its meeting ... Discover Norway - skiing, biking and hiking tours in Norway. Norwegian Holidays - low-price package holidays with Norwegian. ... Norwegian Petroleum Museum is also an ideal place for a reception before you have dinner at Bølgen & Moi or one of the other ...
Jihad plotter came to Norway in UN refugee program and became Norwegian citizen
... Aug 30, 2010. 5:23 am. By Robert Spencer ... Authorities say the ringleader of the Norwegian plot is 39-year-old Mikael Davud, an Uighur who came to Norway in 1999 as part ... OSLO, Norway - When police arrested a suspected al-Qaida cell in Norway last month they turned up the makings of a bomb lab ... The Norwegian plots undoing, and that of its sibling plots in the U.S. and Britain, casts light on the potential pitfalls of ...
Debian -- Estado de los archivos PO por código de idioma: nn NO - Norwegian Nynorsk @tmpl [email protected]; Norway
Norwegian humanities research is thriving - The Research Council of Norway
Norwegian humanities research is thriving. The full scope of Norwegian humanities research has been evaluated for the first ... The Research Council of Norway P.O Box 564 N-1327 Lysaker, Norway Visiting address: Drammensveien 288, 0283 Oslo Subscribe to ... The Norwegian Government could consider how to capitalise on this more strongly. This is an increasingly central area, both for ... Norwegian humanities research is well resourced and holds a high international standard in a number of areas. Developments have ...
NORWAY/CHILE: Norwegian firm set to buy Salmones Mainstream | Food Industry News | just-food
23 and will permit the Norwegian firm to begin a vertical integration of its business. Ewos produces the salmon feed which will ... The companies that would be selling their shares in Mainstream to the Norwegian firm are: Inversiones Santa Blanca, Alimentos ... An agreement for the purchase of these shares has already been worked out by the Norwegian company.Once this second stage is ... linked to businessman Ramon Eblen.Representing the Norwegian firm in the negotiations is its affiliate, Ewos, which produces ...
Traditional Norwegian Grøt - My Little Norway
Traditional Norwegian Grøt. Traditional Norwegian grøt is made from barley. Researchers havent determined how early barley has ... Barley was the most common cereal crop grown, and still is in Norway today. Wheat, oats and rye are also used for grøt but are ... It has been around since the 1800s, when rice began to be imported to Norway, and the iconic Hanna Winsnes gives a recipe in ... A famous grøt from Trondelag added gammelost, Norwegian moldy cheese, to the mixure, giving it a good dose of penicillin. ...
Norway | Norwegian Dystonia Association 25 years - Dystonia Europe
Norway , Norwegian Dystonia Association 25 years. *Newsletter Summer 2018*Newsletters Norway. The week after the Dystonia ... In Norway there is a National Neurology Network which meets once a year to share experiences and ideas on how to inform and ... The history of the organization had been collected and members of the NDF Board took us on a Norwegian Dystonia Patient ... From Dystonia Europe, Merete and Monika, thanked the board for their outstanding work for dystonia patients in Norway, as well ...
EHA » Norwegian Hydrogen Forum General Assembly and 5 Think Vehicles in Norway
Norwegian Hydrogen Forum General Assembly and 5 Think Vehicles in Norway. Posted under EHA Monthly Update 1/2011 on 18 March, ... The 2011 Norwegian Hydrogen Forum will be held in conjunction with the launch of 5 Think Hydrogen passenger cars in circulation ... Norway. The new station has begun building and is planned to be concluded in November of this year. ... and one will be kept by the Norwegian Forum for car pooling. ... in Norway. The vehicles are part of the HyNOR project which ...
Cruising Iceland, the Faroe Islands & Norwegian Fjords (2021) | Iceland, Denmark, Norway , Europe
... the isolated and unique Faroe Islands and off-the-beaten-path Norwegian fjords. ... the isolated and unique Faroe Islands and off-the-beaten-path Norwegian fjords. *Iceland, Denmark, Norway , Europe ... Aug 25-27: Norwegian Fjords , Jewelled Waterways The legendary beauty of this region calls to many travellers, and many have ... Norways fjords were formed by giant glaciers that descended over the course of several ice ages and carved out the current ...
CWD in Norway. Opinion of the Panel on Biological Hazards of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety
The Norwegian Food Safety Authority (NFSA) and Norwegian Environmental Authority (NEA) asked the Norwegian Scientific Committee ... CWD in Norway. Opinion of the Panel on Biological Hazards of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. Tranulis, ... CWD was diagnosed in March 2016 in a wild reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) from the Nordfjella mountain area in Norway and in May ... There is currently no information to determine the origin(s) of CWD agents in Norway. However, the sporadic or genetic (somatic ...
Post-docs, PhD, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo (Norway) | Behavior Genetics Association
Post-docs, PhD, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo (Norway). Posted on February 13, 2020. by Kristine Marceau ... The Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway has total three vacant postdoc and PhD positions. ... a Centre of Excellence funded by the Research Council of Norway and located at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. The ... a Centre of Excellence funded by the Research Council of Norway and hosted by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. The ...
Aquatic Food Production - Safety and Quality (AQFood), M.Sc. - at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU), Ås, Norway -...
... presented by Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) focuses on production of aquatic ... Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) University rank #401 (WUR) Ås, Norway Aquatic Food Production - Safety and Quality ... Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) Aquatic Food Production - Safety and Quality, M.Sc. University of Iceland ... View 3 other Masters in Food Sciences in Norway Student Visa. *Visa info for German Students going to a University in ...
Snapshots from Norway: Kvikk Lunsj, More Than a Norwegian Kit Kat Bar | Serious Eats
But to Norwegians, the chocolate bar has another meaning: Hiking. Trekking. Skiing. Being active outdoors. ... one of Norways oldest chocolate companies, may not seem like anything special. At least, not anything unique. It looks just ... one of Norways most popular and iconic chocolate bars from Freia, ... Snapshots from Norway: Kvikk Lunsj, More Than a Norwegian Kit Kat Bar. Robyn Lee *Profile ...
UiO Norwegian PSC Research Center (NoPSC), Norway | Institution outputs | Nature Index
Sweden lifts ban on long Norwegian trucks
Happy birthday, Norway!. *. IMF: Norways economy continues to perform well. *. Norwegian cancer medication approved in the U.S ... Sweden lifts ban on long Norwegian trucks After three weeks of negotiating with Swedish authorities, Norwegian trucks that ... Up until the new regulations were introduced, the Scandinavian countries have had a special agreement that allows Norwegian ...
Historic drop for the Norwegian Krone
... chief analyst in Norways second-largest financial group, Nordea. ... Historic drop for the Norwegian Krone The value of Norwegian Krone has not fallen this much against the Euro since the common ... "We see a massive plunge of the Norwegian Krone. This day makes history as the one with a record-high drop in the value of the ... "We are moving towards a soft landing for the Norwegian economy. However, the years ahead will be tougher than what we have been ...
Norwegian Multiple Sclerosis Competence Centre and Research Group | University of Bergen
MS Research in Norway. Norway presents unique research opportunities because of a high prevalence of multiple sclerosis (MS) ... More information in Norwegian: Norwegian Multiple Sclerosis Competence Center Norwegian MS-registry and biobank ... Welcome to the Norwegian Multiple Sclerosis Competence Centre and Research Group. Contact us at: [email protected] ... The Norwegian Multiple Sclerosis Competence Centre and Research Group in the media. Dagens Medisin 2020.10.22: Nye MS-pasienter ...
Norway - OECD
AHELO - The Norwegian perspective Interview with Norway regarding their participation in the general skills strand of the AHELO ... Making the most of Norwegian schools Traditionally, the Norwegian compulsory education system has focused strongly on the ... OECD Reviews of Migrant Education - Norway Strong economic performance has attracted immigrants to Norway in recent years. Most ... OECD Reviews of Migrant Education - Norway Strong economic performance has attracted immigrants to Norway in recent years. Most ...
ReindeerGovernment2018Directorate20162019StavangerSparsely populatedKroneContributionScandinavianCohortRefugeesScandinaviaFewerOrganizationContinental shelfDescentRoyal DanoGermansCentreCoastal AdministrationProgrammeGeneticsGeneticFjordsScientistsMuslim2020Food Safety AuthorityAquacultureDenmarkAuthorities1957TerroristMinistry1930sPageRefugeeResearchersClimateGreenlandPetroleum activitiesFisheriesArcticIcelandSalmonEthnicPeopleTraditional NorwegianAuthority1840KronerCountriesWatersSonsContextsFavourableResearch CouncilForces
- The history of the organization had been collected and members of the NDF Board took us on a Norwegian Dystonia Patient Association journey from 1993 until today 2018. (dystonia-europe.org)
- Dutch Disease Dynamics Reconsidered ," Working Papers No 4/2018, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School. (repec.org)
- The design of the German-Norwegian submarines will soon be frozen in order for the supplier, TKMS, to be able to provide a binding offer in July 2018," the spokeswoman wrote. (defensenews.com)
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announced plans Friday to map the subsurface layer of the western reaches of the Norwegian continental shelf. (upi.com)
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Annual Report. (docplayer.net)
- 2 Preface Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Annual Report Offshore Norway A NEW OIL NORWAY The 2001 oil and gas year was marked by changes. (docplayer.net)
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate was a key contributor, driving force and player in all of these processes. (docplayer.net)
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate s estimates show that Norway can produce oil for at least 50 more years, and gas for more than 100 years. (docplayer.net)
- Milestones Functional, unified and thoroughly prepared regulations are an important tool in the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate s work. (docplayer.net)
- In 2001, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate concluded the extensive work of revising the regulations within the HSE area, after a four-year effort. (docplayer.net)
- Similar cooperation characterized the preparation of new resource regulations and metering regulations, which the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate prepared in cooperation with the Norwegian Oil Industry Association (OLF). (docplayer.net)
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has made a significant contribution in the preparation of the white paper and has placed great emphasis on involving employees, employers and external milieus in the process. (docplayer.net)
- A changing Norwegian Petroleum Directorate The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has also experienced a marked internal change in the past year. (docplayer.net)
- Nevertheless, the experience from one year of operations in the new Norwegian Petroleum Directorate gives us grounds for optimism and faith that we will achieve the central goals we have set for ourselves. (docplayer.net)
- Preface Risk level In today s situation, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate s role within HSE is of fundamental - and growing - significance. (docplayer.net)
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate cannot allow such a trend to manifest itself. (docplayer.net)
- In order to make it possible to draw clear conclusions concerning the risk level, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has worked on a project for measuring risk since This was followed up in 2001 by mapping of the causes of personal injury, work-related illness and undesirable incidents in general, and by evaluating and implementing follow-up measures in relation to this. (docplayer.net)
- In order to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to contribute to the maintenance of necessary health and care services, the Norwegian Directorate of Health has, according to the Infection Control Act, issued a decision to close schools and other educational institutions. (helsedirektoratet.no)
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health is also in close dialogue with municipalities, county governors and the regional health authorities to assist with measures. (helsedirektoratet.no)
- Ellen Margrethe Carlsen, a director at the state health directorate (Helsedirektoratet) confirmed that condom use is severely lacking among Norwegians. (newsinenglish.no)
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Professor Olav Hanssens vei 10 4021 Stavanger Pb. (npd.no)
- Key implementing agencies are the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD), the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA), the Climate and Pollution Agency (Klif), the Norwegian Directorate for Nature Management (DN), and Petrad as well as the steering committee ministries. (npd.no)
- The Ministry also coordinates the involvement of the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate and the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway. (npd.no)
- CWD was diagnosed in March 2016 in a wild reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) from the Nordfjella mountain area in Norway and in May and June in two mooses (Alces alces) in Selbu in South Trøndelag County, approximately 300 km north from the first case. (bibsys.no)
- Words are the new numbers: A newsy coincident index of business cycles ," Working Papers No 4/2016, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School. (repec.org)
- Nowcasting using news topics Big Data versus big bank ," Working Papers No 6/2016, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School. (repec.org)
- The table to the right includes counts of all research outputs for UiO Norwegian PSC Research Center (NoPSC) published between 1 July 2019 - 30 June 2020 which are tracked by the Nature Index. (natureindex.com)
- In 2019, Norway was our 4th biggest donor and the biggest donor to UNHCR per capita. (unhcr.org)
- In 2019, Norway provided USD 94 million to UNHCR, of which 47% was unearmarked, allowing UNHCR to support where the needs were the greatest. (unhcr.org)
- The risk of miscarriage varies greatly with a woman's age, shows a strong pattern of recurrence, and is increased after some pregnancy complications, finds a study from Norway published in The BMJ on Mac 20, 2019. (wn.com)
- Here's a look back at some of the top songs by Norwegian artists in 2019. (sofn.com)
- An open-air vegetable market in central Stavanger next to the harbour (Vågen) is one of the very few in Norway where you can still buy produce directly from farmers. (norwegian.com)
- Norwegian Petroleum Museum is also an ideal place for a reception before you have dinner at Bølgen & Moi or one of the other excellent restaurants in Stavanger. (visitnorway.com)
- STAVANGER, Norway, May 2 (UPI) -- An offshore area between the Norwegian and Greenland borders will be examined this summer for possible petroleum reserves, the Norwegian government said. (upi.com)
- Norwegian men are the worst in Europe at using condoms, and only condoms can protect against diseases," Kari Haugen, a nurse at the University of Stavanger, told NRK. (newsinenglish.no)
- Norway is a rather sparsely populated country in Europe (5 million inhabitants in an area of some 324,000 km 2 (125,097 sq mi) excluding Svalbard and Jan-Mayen ), but even so its music and its musical life are as complex as those of most other countries. (wikipedia.org)
- The lack of suitable farming land in Western Norway caused Norwegians to travel to the sparsely populated areas such as Shetland, Orkney, the Faroe Islands and the Hebrides to colonize-the latter which became the Kingdom of the Isles. (3dsofn.org)
- The value of Norwegian Krone has not fallen this much against the Euro since the common European currency was introduced in 1999. (norwaypost.no)
- We see a massive plunge of the Norwegian Krone. (norwaypost.no)
- Currency strategist Magne Østnor in DnB tells NRK that the turbulence against the Norwegian Krone is far from over. (norwaypost.no)
- Our currency rankings show that the most popular Norway Krone exchange rate is the NOK to EUR rate. (xe.com)
- Up until the new regulations were introduced, the Scandinavian countries have had a special agreement that allows Norwegian truck drivers to carry a heavier load and have longer vehicles. (norwaypost.no)
- The German occupation of Norway began on 9 April 1940 after German forces invaded the neutral Scandinavian country of Norway . (wikipedia.org)
- We will use large and detailed data sets for the entire Norwegian population and data from approximately 100,000 families participating in the Norwegian Mother, Father and Child Cohort Study (MoBa), which includes genetic data. (bga.org)
- Setting: The Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study (MoBa) in addition to two random samples of pregnant women from Sør-Trøndelag County in Norway. (bibsys.no)
- In fact, Norway has never had a strong researcher cohort working on climate change adaptation or resilient livelihoods. (norwegianamerican.com)
- Norway is a supporter of education for displaced children and refugees. (unhcr.org)
- Support and unearmarked funding from Norway enables UNHCR to help the most vulnerable refugees. (unhcr.org)
- A majority of Norwegians believe Norway should receive as many or more refugees as today. (norwaytoday.info)
- Our staff has knowledge and experience that may give understanding of the background for the crisis, aid the government and help refugees to create new lives in Norway. (uio.no)
- Refugees and asylum seekers got to know local students to from a similar academic background to begin building networks in Norway. (uio.no)
- Additionally, in terms of Y-DNA, "The presence of Eu14 in Norway suggests that some admixture between Norwegians and the Finno-Ugric Uralic speakers of Scandinavia (Saami, Finns) has occurred. (khazaria.com)
- The oldest human skeleton ever discovered in Norway was found in shallow water off Sogne in 1994 and has been carbon dated to 6,600 BC.The first farming and thus the start of the Neolithic period, began ca. 4000 BC around the Oslofjord, with the technology coming from southern Scandinavia. (3dsofn.org)
- Norwegians top the sickness absence statistics in Scandinavia. (norwaytoday.info)
- The largest Norwegian-American Organization in the world. (3dsofn.org)
- The fish feed producers serving the Norwegian aquaculture industry work together with The marine ingredients organization IFFO to ensure that the wild fish used for the production of fishmeal and fish oil come from responsibly managed fisheries. (mardenoruega.es)
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has an important coordinating and advisory role vis-à-vis other ministries since it is the Minister of Foreign Affairs who is responsible for the organization, coordination and implementation of Norwegian foreign policy. (npd.no)
- Today we celebrate the 125 years that have passed since that meeting, as well as the fact that we have grown to become the largest Norwegian organization outside of Norway. (sofn.com)
- Nils Rune Sandsta, NPD's manager for the project, said the area, dubbed the More basin, is a geological "blank spot" on the Norwegian continental shelf. (upi.com)
- A recent government report assessing the cost over-runs and delays on a set of projects on the Norwegian continental shelf concluded, among other things, that insufficient up-front planning was done before investment decisions were made. (computerweekly.com)
- The Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (MPE ) has the overall administrative responsibility for petroleum operations on the Norwegian continental shelf. (npd.no)
- Many people living in northern Scotland and the islands of Orkney and Shetland have partial descent from Norwegian settlers as well. (khazaria.com)
- In many cities and towns in the US, Australia and other countries where there are large enough communities of Norwegians or people of Norwegian descent, old traditions with parades and festive gatherings are still kept, although with celebrations often moved to the nearest weekend. (norwaypost.no)
- Royal Dano-Norwegian Navy order of battle in Norway in 1808 Following the loss of the Danish-Norwegian fleet at the Battle of Copenhagen in 1807 and of the last ship-of-the line, Prinds Christian Frederick, at Zealand Point in March 1808, Denmark-Norway were forced to adopt the method of defence later known as the Gunboat War. (wikipedia.org)
- Norwegians have a big presence on this site along with Danes, Swedes, Germans, Scots, and other European peoples. (khazaria.com)
- Overall, Norwegians are genetically similar to Germans. (khazaria.com)
- Both mtDNA and Y chromosome polymorphisms showed a noticeable genetic affinity between Norwegians and central Europeans, especially Germans. (khazaria.com)
- Conventional armed resistance to the German invasion ended on 10 June 1940 and the Germans then controlled Norway until the capitulation of German forces in Europe on May 8/9, 1945. (wikipedia.org)
- The position will be established at the Centre for Fertility and Health, a Centre of Excellence funded by the Research Council of Norway and located at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. (bga.org)
- Contribute to the development of research at the centre and at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (contributions to funding applications, other research papers and projects). (bga.org)
- The Norwegian MS Competence Centre and Research Group is aiming to enhance diagnosis and treatment through conducting clinical trials, identifying biomarkers, and to further explore the pathology, epidemiology and clinical aspects of MS. (uib.no)
- The research group is organized under Clinical Institute 1 at UiB and under the Norwegian Multiple Sclerosis Competence Centre. (uib.no)
- The Norwegian Multiple Sclerosis Competence Centre is a nationwide service for patients, family, health care personnel and other with a need for information about MS. The centre is located at Haukeland University Hospital. (uib.no)
- Commodity prices and fiscal policy design: Procyclical despite a rule ," Working Papers No 5/2015, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School. (repec.org)
- The Norwegian Coastal Administration is an agency of the Norwegian Ministry of Transport and Communications responsible for services related to maritime safety, maritime infrastructure, transport planning and efficiency, and emergency response to acute pollution. (regjeringen.no)
- During a survey in 2009, the Norwegian Coastal Administration (NCA) located some twenty wrecks in the area. (xray-mag.com)
- Description of the largest cluster of tuberculosis notified in Norway 1997-2011: is the Norwegian tuberculosis control programme serving its purpose for high risk groups? (biomedcentral.com)
- In order to identify potential areas where the TB control programme could be better adapted for these groups, we studied the largest cluster of TB cases ("cluster X") notified in Norway until 2011. (biomedcentral.com)
- The Norwegian OST programme was established in 1998. (drugwarfacts.org)
- Different genetic components in the Norwegian population revealed by the analysis of mtDNA and Y chromosome polymorphisms. (khazaria.com)
- The level of such genetic variation in Norwegian wild and semi- domesticated cervids is currently unknown. (bibsys.no)
- NORWAY - New genetic technologies are being developed by Norwegian and Indian scientists to give tiger shrimp and rohu carp improved resistance against disease. (thefishsite.com)
- Embark on a thrilling expedition to breathtaking south-eastern Iceland, the isolated and unique Faroe Islands and off-the-beaten-path Norwegian fjords. (abercrombiekent.com.au)
- Norway is an incredible place to get outside and explore seaside coasts, majestic woodlands, plunging fjords and snow-capped mountains. (sofn.com)
- The scientists studied Norwegians' maternal and paternal lineages using DNA technology. (khazaria.com)
- The Indian and Norwegian scientists will also find solutions to assure that this benefit quickly flows onto production sites all over India. (thefishsite.com)
- The Norwegian researchers will assist the scientists in India at the Central Institute for Freshwater Aquaculture (CIFA) and the Central Institute for Brackish Water Aquaculture (CIBA) to develop and implement the use of marker technology. (thefishsite.com)
- The Norwegian people should also know that their security will continue to be threatened as long as the Norwegian government continues its aggression against the Muslim people, and takes part in the occupation of Muslim countries. (jihadwatch.org)
- Today is the second day of the trial of Anders Behring Breivik, the anti-Muslim Norwegian militant who massacred 77 people last summer. (democracynow.org)
- The Norwegians were prosecuting a muslim cleric for something terrorist related. (freerepublic.com)
Food Safety Authority1
- The Norwegian Food Safety Authority (NFSA) and Norwegian Environmental Authority (NEA) asked the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (Vitenskapskomiteen for mattrygghet, VKM) for an opinion on factors associated with the introduction of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) to Norway. (bibsys.no)
- Aquatic Food Production - Safety and Quality (AQFood) presented by Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) focuses on production of aquatic food throughout the entire production and food supply chain, linking primary production including aquaculture and wild catch with processing and distribution to the consumers in terms of quality and safety. (mastersportal.eu)
- This will be a tool to improve the species' disease resistance", says project leader Nick Robinson in Nofima - Norwegian Institute of Food, Fisheries and Aquaculture Research. (thefishsite.com)
- Knowledge and resources developed as part of the research efforts for Norwegian aquaculture species, and the broader international genome research effort for shrimp and carp species, can be shared to benefit the aquaculture industry in India. (thefishsite.com)
- After three weeks of negotiating with Swedish authorities, Norwegian trucks that weigh more than 40 tons are allowed to cross the border again. (norwaypost.no)
- Health authorities in Norway are ringing alarms once again because rising numbers of Norwegians are now suffering from obesity. (newsinenglish.no)
- Norway started a small heavy water reactor of its own at Halden in 1957, but Norway imported 16 tons of American heavy water to fill it. (wisconsinproject.org)
- In the foreword Nordland writes that the book is based on a questionnaire issued by Norwegian Ethnological Research in 1952 and 1957. (priv.no)
- COLOGNE, Germany - The Netherlands would be welcome to join a German-Norwegian submarine acquisition program , even as the door is closing for final design work on the boats, the Norwegian defense ministry said. (defensenews.com)
- Norway and Germany would like to see additional partners joining the cooperation, and it would be very welcome if the Netherlands should decide to join," Norwegian defense ministry spokeswoman Ann Kristin Salbuvik wrote in an email to Defense News. (defensenews.com)
- The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is both a preparatory and an executive body in connection with foreign policy matters, economic foreign policy issues and aid-related matters. (npd.no)
- The Norwegian Ministry of the Environment was established in 1972 as one of the first ministries of its kind in the world. (npd.no)
- These three factors met resistance as tensions grew in Europe in the 1930s, initially from Norwegian military staff and right-wing political groups, but increasingly also from individuals within the mainstream political establishment and, it has since come to light, by the king , behind the scenes. (wikipedia.org)
- Norway is a generous and reliable donor to UNHCR and has provided key support to our efforts in protecting and providing education to refugee youths and childre n. (unhcr.org)
- Norway was strongly involved with Education Cannot Wait who work on providing access to education for refugee children. (unhcr.org)
- At the Global Refugee Forum, Norway pledged USD 850,000 to UNHCR's resettlement efforts. (unhcr.org)
- Norway also supports the Nansen Refugee Award and contributes annually with a monetary prize to the Nansen Refugee Award winner. (unhcr.org)
- Are you a refugee in Norway, looking to learn? (uio.no)
- Photo: Thomas Keilman) "The report recommends, among other things, that the Research Council targets its resources better and encourages greater collaboration between researchers across institutions in Norway. (forskningsradet.no)
- On the whole, productivity among humanities researchers is good, with higher average publication points per academic staff than for the other disciplines in Norway. (forskningsradet.no)
- Significant scope remains for global health and climate change researchers in Norway to collaborate more. (norwegianamerican.com)
- Two researchers at the Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU) have just finished editing a volume on "Environmental Determinants of Human Health. (norwegianamerican.com)
- The researchers from Norway have been at the forefront with the development and use of these technologies. (thefishsite.com)
- The collaborative project will be lead by researchers in Nofima who have been developing and implementing similar technologies in Norway for Atlantic salmon. (thefishsite.com)
- Norway, as one of the healthiest countries in the world with a long-standing interest in climate change, could have a strong role in global health and climate change research. (norwegianamerican.com)
- By being involved in The Lancet Countdown, Norway would gain plenty from international expertise on climate change resilience and adaptation. (norwegianamerican.com)
- These changes are taking place in a time of relative upheaval on the shelf, but also in the context of a crossroads where the future prospects for Norwegian petroleum activities are both long and interesting. (docplayer.net)
- Kai Engel - Melancholy Aftersounds Petroleum activities have contributed significantly to economic growth in Norway, and to the financing of the Norwegian welfare state. (wn.com)
- Jeremy actually touched on this issue last year when he wrote about threats to the Arctic predator population , but it seems that Norwegian lemmings have been having a tough time of late. (treehugger.com)
- In Northern Norway, some 300 miles north of the Arctic. (britishpathe.com)
- Located in the northeast corner of Norway near the Russian and Finnish borders, the small Arctic town of Kirkenes is brimming with unique activities. (sofn.com)
- The Norwegian firm Statkorn Fish Feed Chile is reportedly negotiating the purchase of 100% of Salmones Mainstream, linked to businessman Ramon Eblen.Representing the Norwegian firm in the negotiations is its affiliate, Ewos, which produces salmon feed. (just-food.com)
- An agreement for the purchase of these shares has already been worked out by the Norwegian company.Once this second stage is completed, Statkorn will control 91.3% of the salmon firm. (just-food.com)
- What Do Norwegian Salmon Eat? (mardenoruega.es)
- Norwegian Salmon enjoy a sustainable, all-natural diet composed of 70 percent plant-based ingredients and 30 percent marine raw materials. (mardenoruega.es)
- Today, Norwegian Salmon are fed an all-natural diet composed of 70 percent plant-based ingredients and 30 percent marine raw materials, like fish oil and fishmeal from wild fish, plus vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, guaranteeing an even better-tasting fish harvested with sustainability and health in mind. (mardenoruega.es)
- As for farmed Atlantic salmon in Norway, the feed conversion rate today is around 1:1. (mardenoruega.es)
- The pink color of Norwegian Salmon comes from an oxycarotenoid called astaxanthin. (mardenoruega.es)
- Norwegian Salmon receive these same beneficial nutrients as supplements in their feed. (mardenoruega.es)
- if you're thinking about watching the Northern Lights in Norway there's more than one way to skin a salmon. (responsibletravel.com)
- International gambling ring involving Peru, Norway and Southern California busted by feds, 18 people arrested. (casinocity.com)
- To protect nature, and especially fauna relating to birds, and to constitute a link between people interested in birds in Norway. (birdlife.org)
- They found that the non-Germanic Saami people contributed "mtDNAs with the 16144,16189, 16270 motif" to Norwegians. (khazaria.com)
- This year is the 101th time that the Norwegian Royal Family will greet the people from the balcony on the 17th of May. (norwaypost.no)
- In Northern countries, especially Norway, the dog is still used to do what it was bred to do: hunt moose. (terrificpets.com)
- Approximately 90% of new tuberculosis (TB) cases notified in Norway are asylum seekers and other immigrants from high-incidence countries. (biomedcentral.com)
- Surveillance and screening of high risk groups is critical for the effective prevention and control of spread of TB in low-incidence countries and it is mandatory, including screening for LTBI, in Norway [ 5 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- Everyone who comes from outside the Nordic countries should be in quarantine for 14 days from their arrival in Norway, regardless of whether they have symptoms or not. (helsedirektoratet.no)
- Norway managed to negotiate favourable trade treaties both with the United Kingdom and Germany under these conditions, but it became increasingly clear that both countries had a strategic interest in denying the other access to Norway. (wikipedia.org)
- Norway was only one of the countries that helped Israel become the world's sixth most powerful nuclear state. (wisconsinproject.org)
- Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world, and at the beginning you'll feel like booking the next flight out of there. (matadornetwork.com)
- In 2013, Canadian energy company Talisman Energy scrapped an oil platform in Norwegian waters, without any crude oil ever being produced. (computerweekly.com)
- One team is diving the cool beautiful waters around the Gulen Dive Resort in Norway, whilst the other team is exploring the pretty tropical waters of the Lembeh Resort in Indonesia. (xray-mag.com)
- It was an evening filled with celebration, toasts, rosemaling and lots of Norwegian food: On January 16, about 150 Sons of Norway members and prominent figures from the community gathered to commemorate our 125th anniversary. (sofn.com)
- Review archived Sons of Norway blog posts going back to 2011. (sofn.com)
- On January 16, 1895, the original 18 members of Sons of Norway gathered for their first official meeting. (sofn.com)
- It feels great to help young Sons of Norway members explore their Norwegian roots though the exciting and educational life experiences made possible by our generous donors. (sofn.com)
- In order to qualify for awards in the Lodge Achievement Program, lodges must report their events and volunteer hours to Sons of Norway headquarters no later than February 15. (sofn.com)
- The evaluation was commissioned by the Research Council of Norway. (forskningsradet.no)
- We have a vacant 3-year position as postdoctoral fellow in the project Reproduction of socioeconomic differences and mental health across generations (REMENTA), which is funded by the Research Council of Norway. (bga.org)
- We therefore demand that Norway immediately decide to withdraw her forces from Afghanistan before the war comes back to Norway. (jihadwatch.org)
- List of Dano-Norwegian naval forces in Norway in 1808 after the capture of the British brig Seagull on 19 June 1808. (wikipedia.org)
- The Norwegian Armed Forces Cyber Defence and Telenor Norway have signed an agreement on strengthening national handling of digital security incidents. (mynewsdesk.com)
- A closer cooperation should ensure that our resources are available to one another on the day they're required, says Major General Inge Kampenes, Chief of the Norwegian Armed Forces Cyber Defence. (mynewsdesk.com)
- On 26th December 1942 when Norway was occupied by German forces, a Heinkel 115B seaplane from the Küstenfliegergruppe 906 based at Sola, sets down on Hafrsfjord when one of the floats tears off, capzing the plane. (xray-mag.com)