North SeaGermanyOceans and Seas: A great expanse of continuous bodies of salt water which together cover more than 70 percent of the earth's surface. Seas may be partially or entirely enclosed by land, and are smaller than the five oceans (Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Antarctic).Sea Urchins: Somewhat flattened, globular echinoderms, having thin, brittle shells of calcareous plates. They are useful models for studying FERTILIZATION and EMBRYO DEVELOPMENT.Gadus morhua: A species of fish in the cod family GADIDAE, known as the Atlantic cod. It is one of the most important commercial FISHES.Germany, WestNorth AmericaPlankton: Community of tiny aquatic PLANTS and ANIMALS, and photosynthetic BACTERIA, that are either free-floating or suspended in the water, with little or no power of locomotion. They are divided into PHYTOPLANKTON and ZOOPLANKTON.Flatfishes: Common name for the order Pleuronectiformes. A very distinctive group in that during development they become asymmetrical, i.e., one eye migrates to lie adjacent to the other. They swim on the eyeless side. FLOUNDER, sole, and turbot, along with several others, are included in this order.Phocoena: A genus of PORPOISES, in the family Phocoenidae, comprised of several species. They frequent coastal waters, bays, estuaries, and the mouths of large rivers.Seawater: The salinated water of OCEANS AND SEAS that provides habitat for marine organisms.Atlantic OceanFisheries: Places for cultivation and harvesting of fish, particularly in sea waters. (from McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Germany, EastPorpoises: Mammals of the family Phocoenidae comprising four genera found in the North Pacific Ocean and both sides of the North Atlantic Ocean and in various other seas. They differ from DOLPHINS in that porpoises have a blunt snout and a rather stocky body while dolphins have a beak-like snout and a slender, streamlined body. They usually travel in small groups. (From Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th ed, pp1003-4)North CarolinaZooplankton: Minute free-floating animal organisms which live in practically all natural waters.Petroleum: Naturally occurring complex liquid hydrocarbons which, after distillation, yield combustible fuels, petrochemicals, and lubricants.Phoca: A genus in the family of EARLESS SEALS (Phocidae) and collectively the most abundant PINNIPEDS in the Northern Hemisphere.Sea Anemones: The order Actiniaria, in the class ANTHOZOA, comprised of large, solitary polyps. All species are carnivorous.Mediterranean SeaDiving: An activity in which the organism plunges into water. It includes scuba and bell diving. Diving as natural behavior of animals goes here, as well as diving in decompression experiments with humans or animals.Homing Behavior: Instinctual patterns of activity related to a specific area including ability of certain animals to return to a given place when displaced from it, often over great distances using navigational clues such as those used in migration (ANIMAL MIGRATION).Decapoda (Crustacea): The largest order of CRUSTACEA, comprising over 10,000 species. They are characterized by three pairs of thoracic appendages modified as maxillipeds, and five pairs of thoracic legs. The order includes the familiar shrimps, crayfish (ASTACOIDEA), true crabs (BRACHYURA), and lobsters (NEPHROPIDAE and PALINURIDAE), among others.Extraction and Processing Industry: The industry concerned with the removal of raw materials from the Earth's crust and with their conversion into refined products.Hyperpigmentation: Excessive pigmentation of the skin, usually as a result of increased epidermal or dermal melanin pigmentation, hypermelanosis. Hyperpigmentation can be localized or generalized. The condition may arise from exposure to light, chemicals or other substances, or from a primary metabolic imbalance.Perciformes: The most diversified of all fish orders and the largest vertebrate order. It includes many of the commonly known fish such as porgies, croakers, sunfishes, dolphin fish, mackerels, TUNA, etc.Marine Biology: The study of the origin, structure, development, growth, function, genetics, and reproduction of organisms which inhabit the OCEANS AND SEAS.Population Dynamics: The pattern of any process, or the interrelationship of phenomena, which affects growth or change within a population.Ecosystem: A functional system which includes the organisms of a natural community together with their environment. (McGraw Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Phylogeny: The relationships of groups of organisms as reflected by their genetic makeup.Fishes: A group of cold-blooded, aquatic vertebrates having gills, fins, a cartilaginous or bony endoskeleton, and elongated bodies covered with scales.Eutrophication: The enrichment of a terrestrial or aquatic ECOSYSTEM by the addition of nutrients, especially nitrogen and phosphorus, that results in a superabundant growth of plants, ALGAE, or other primary producers. It can be a natural process or result from human activity such as agriculture runoff or sewage pollution. In aquatic ecosystems, an increase in the algae population is termed an algal bloom.Phytoplankton: Free-floating minute organisms that are photosynthetic. The term is non-taxonomic and refers to a lifestyle (energy utilization and motility), rather than a particular type of organism. Most, but not all, are unicellular algae. Important groups include DIATOMS; DINOFLAGELLATES; CYANOBACTERIA; CHLOROPHYTA; HAPTOPHYTA; CRYPTOMONADS; and silicoflagellates.Caudovirales: An order comprising three families of tailed bacteriophages: MYOVIRIDAE; PODOVIRIDAE; and SIPHOVIRIDAE.Gammaproteobacteria: A group of the proteobacteria comprised of facultatively anaerobic and fermentative gram-negative bacteria.Roseobacter: A genus of obligately aerobic marine phototrophic and chemoorganotrophic bacteria, in the family RHODOBACTERACEAE.Fish Diseases: Diseases of freshwater, marine, hatchery or aquarium fish. This term includes diseases of both teleosts (true fish) and elasmobranchs (sharks, rays and skates).Sea Cucumbers: A class of Echinodermata characterized by long, slender bodies.Information Centers: Facilities for collecting and organizing information. They may be specialized by subject field, type of source material, persons served, location, or type of services.Zoology: The study of animals - their morphology, growth, distribution, classification, and behavior.National Health Planning Information Center (U.S.): A center in the HEALTH RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION Division of Planning Methods and Technology which provides access to current information on health planning and resources development.Wegener Granulomatosis: A multisystemic disease of a complex genetic background. It is characterized by inflammation of the blood vessels (VASCULITIS) leading to damage in any number of organs. The common features include granulomatous inflammation of the RESPIRATORY TRACT and kidneys. Most patients have measurable autoantibodies (ANTINEUTROPHIL CYTOPLASMIC ANTIBODIES) against neutrophil proteinase-3 (WEGENER AUTOANTIGEN).Chlorophyll: Porphyrin derivatives containing magnesium that act to convert light energy in photosynthetic organisms.Poison Control Centers: Facilities which provide information concerning poisons and treatment of poisoning in emergencies.Journal Impact Factor: A quantitative measure of the frequency on average with which articles in a journal have been cited in a given period of time.Exhalation: The act of BREATHING out.Breath Tests: Any tests done on exhaled air.Periodicals as Topic: A publication issued at stated, more or less regular, intervals.Bibliometrics: The use of statistical methods in the analysis of a body of literature to reveal the historical development of subject fields and patterns of authorship, publication, and use. Formerly called statistical bibliography. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)Gases: The vapor state of matter; nonelastic fluids in which the molecules are in free movement and their mean positions far apart. Gases tend to expand indefinitely, to diffuse and mix readily with other gases, to have definite relations of volume, temperature, and pressure, and to condense or liquefy at low temperatures or under sufficient pressure. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
List of offshore wind farms
"Germany's 288MW Meerwind inaugurated in North Sea". Retrieved 2014-11-14. http://www.offshorewind.biz/2015/07/08/sandbank-owf- ... "SPIC Binhai North H2 400MW". www.4coffshore.com. Retrieved 2017-10-18. "24 Turbines Up at Galloper Offshore Wind Farm". ... world's first full-scale floating wind turbine 4C Offshore's Global Offshore Wind Farm Map and Database North American Offshore ... Retrieved 2013-08-26 German Federal Minister Inaugurates BARD Offshore 1 Retrieved 2013-08-26 "Global Tech I officially ...
List of shipwrecks in 1929
"German steamer's double mishap". The Times (45334). London. 15 October 1929. col B, p. 15. "Steamer abandoned in the North Sea ... "British and German steamers lost". The Times (45119). London. 5 February 1929. col G, p. 19. "Severe cold abroad". The Times ( ... "German steamer lost". The Times (45095). London. 8 January 1929. col G, p. 18. "Italian steamer lost". The Times (45097). ... "German steamer lost". The Times (45151). London. 14 March 1929. col G, p. 28. "Casualty reports". The Times (45143). London. 16 ...
Franz Ferdinand discography
"The North Sea". Domino Recording Company. Retrieved 17 June 2014. "The North Sea". Amazon.co.uk. "Live E.P". Amazon.co.uk. " ... in German). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 4 September 2013. Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action: "charts.de" (in German ... A ^ The North Sea is a pseudonym for Franz Ferdinand. The actual track listing includes two remixes, by Todd Terje, of the ... The North Sea at discogs.com The Official Charts Company "Franz Ferdinand - 'Get Up and Use Me'/The Fire Engines - 'Jacqueline ...
Battle honours of the Royal Australian Navy
List of shipwrecks in February 1940
col B, p. 7. "French Ship Lost In North Sea". The Times (48553). London. 1 March 1940. col F, p. 5. "Ben Attow (+1940)". ... "Norwegian Protests To Germany". The Times (48542). London. 17 February 1940. col G, p. 6. "SS Langleeford (+1940)". Wrecksite. ... "Oil Tanker Sunk In North Sea". The Times (48575). London. 28 March 1940. col B, p. 8. "SS Castlemoor (+1940)". Wrecksite. ... "1940 Februar" (in German). Württembergische Landesbibliothek. Retrieved 5 March 2015. "Swedish Ship Sunk By Red Bombers". The ...
BeNe League (ice hockey)
"Dutch champion in Germany". 12 June 2015. Retrieved June 19, 2016. "Update: Turnhout vertrekt uit North Sea Cup" (in Dutch). 13 ... This resulted in the North Sea Cup being played in place of both the Belgian Hockey League and the Eredivisie. Following the ... Of the 12 North American players that played in the 2015-16 season, 8 had previously played in either the CIS or NCAA Division ... "Dutch champion in Germany". 12 June 2015. Retrieved June 19, 2016. "GIJS Groningen speelt volgend jaar sowieso BeNe league" (in ...
... which lies on North Sea coast of Schleswig-Holstein, in Germany. The current lighthouse is the second to be built in the town, ... "Lighthouses of Germany: North Frisia". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 19 June ... 114: British Isles, English Channel and North Sea (PDF). List of Lights. United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency ... two other separate breakwater lights mark the entrance of the small harbour from the North Sea. The first lighthouse built in ...
Voslapp Range Rear Light
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. List of Lights, Pub. 114: British Isles, English Channel and North Sea (PDF). List ... University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. "RFL Voslapp". wsa-wilhelmshaven.de (in German). Retrieved 13 August 2010. ... "Lighthouses of Germany: Borkum to Wilhelmshaven". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. ... Germany portal Leading lights List of tallest lighthouses in the world List of lighthouses in Germany According to List of ...
Borkum Großer Light
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. List of Lights, Pub. 114: British Isles, English Channel and North Sea (PDF). List ... Germany portal List of tallest lighthouses in the world List of lighthouses in Germany Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of Germany: ... University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. "Leuchtturm Borkum". wsa-emden.de (in German). Retrieved 14 August 2010. ... University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved January 29, 2016. Rowlett, Russ. "The Tallest Lighthouses". The ...
Outline of Denmark
Denmark borders both the Baltic and the North Sea. The country consists of a large peninsula, Jutland (Jylland) and many ... The mainland is bordered to the south by Germany; Denmark is southwest of Sweden and south of Norway. ... Denmark has long controlled the approach to the Baltic Sea (in a concept known as dominium maris baltici), and these waters are ... Germany 68 km Coastline: 7,314 km Population of Denmark: 5,564,219 (2011 estimate) - 108th most populous country Area of ...
Germany has the smallest sectors in the North Sea. Brazil - The National Petroleum Agency grants licenses. The license blocks ... The Danes also divide their sector of the North Sea into 1 degree by 1 degree quadrants. Their blocks, however, are 10 minutes ... Germany - Germany and the Netherlands share a quadrant and block grid - quadrants are given letters rather than numbers. The ... While BM means the block is offshore, at sea. United States - Oil and gas rights in the onshore US tracts may be owned by ...
List of shipwrecks in January 1940
"German Ships Founders In North Sea". The Times (48507). London. 8 January 1940. col F, p. 6. "Finnish Navy in the Winter War". ... "Three Lifeboats At Sea All Night". The Times (48516). London. 18 January 1940. col F, p. 6. Patton, Brian (2007). Irish Sea ... "Seekrieg 1940, Januar". Württembergische Landesbibliothek Stuttgart (in German). Retrieved 27 May 2012. "Black Sea Storms". The ... "Soviet Air Attack On German Ship". The Times (48523). London. 26 January 1940. col A, p. 8. "German War On Neutrals". The Times ...
List of shipwrecks in 1938
col C-D, p. 5. "German collier lost in North Sea". The Times (47912). London. 13 February 1938. col D, p. 13. "Casualty Reports ... "North Sea Gale". The Times (47917). London. 12 February 1938. col C, p. 11. "The Baoule refloated". The Times (47935). London. ... "German minelayer sunk". The Times (48006). London. 28 May 1938. col E, p. 13. "325 escape from sinking ship". The Times (48007 ... "German steamer lost". The Times (47965). London. 9 April 2012. col G, p. 18. "Casualty Reports". The Times (47965). London. 9 ...
... (1798-1867) was a German writer. He wrote novels and adventure stories about the sea, as well as the article " ... Kirby, David, and Merja-Liisa Hinkkanen (2000). The Baltic and the North Seas. London: Routledge, p. 281. ISBN 0-415-13282-7.. ... in the German publication Seegemälde in 1828. Gostwick, Joseph, and Robert Harrison (1873). Outlines of German Literature. New ... "Die Klabautermann", about the German water sprite of the same name, ...
In the Middle Ages the trade between the North Sea and Baltic Sea grew dramatically, but the sea journey through Øresund, ... The Stecknitz Canal (German: Stecknitzfahrt) was an artificial waterway in northern Germany which connected Lauenburg and ... The canal overcame the drainage divide between the North and Baltic Seas, with a summit height of 17 metres (56 ft) above sea ... thus establishing an inland water route across the drainage divide from the North Sea to the Baltic Sea. Built between 1391 and ...
North European and Baltic Sea Integration. Springer. p. 158. ISBN 978-3-540-66407-9. Retrieved 10 April 2011. Andrusz -, Katya ... Müller, Jan-Werner (2009). "Just another Vergangenheitsbewältigung? The Process of Coming to Terms with the East German Past ... As Warsaw-based correspondent of newspapers published in Germany (Taz-Berlin), Austria (Standard-Vienna), and Switzerland ( ... 5 July 2006). "Polish Government Condemns `Vulgar' German Newspaper Article". Bloomberg. Retrieved 10 April 2011. ...
List of shipwrecks in 2015
"Sailing ship Down North sank in Baltic sea, 1 died". Fleetmon. 31 May 2015. Retrieved 16 December 2017. "Tug sank near Baton ... "Gallery: Freighter Burning off Germany, Authorities Say Might Explode". World Maritime News. Retrieved 27 May 2015. "Captain ... "Conservation Group Sea Shepherd Rescues Poachers". World Maritime News. 6 April 2015. Retrieved 8 April 2015. "Update: Poaching ... "Cargo Ship Runs Aground in the Black Sea". World Maritime News. Retrieved 8 January 2014. "General cargo vessel Gulf Rio ...
List of shipwrecks in 1971
German) "British tanker in North Sea collision". The Times (58264). London. 31 August 1971. col D, p. 5. "CHANDA". Clydesite. ... "13 are rescued as vessel founders in North Sea". The Times (58067). London. 8 January 1971. col B-C, p. 3. Lane, Anthony (2009 ... ISBN 1-85044-275-4. HAM 308 in the German Wikipedia "Hope abandoned for seamen trapped in wreck". The Times (58255). London. 20 ...
Northern North Sea". Netherlands Journal of Sea Research 13(1): 1-39. (in Russian) Gladenkov Yu. B., Norton P. E. P. & Spaink G ... from the Miocene of the Netherlands and Western Germany". Basteria 32(1-3): 8-12. Spaink G. (1972). "Altenaeum nortoni nov. gen ... Norton P. E. P. & Spaink G. (1973). "The earliest occurrence of Macoma balthica (L.) as a fossil in the North Sea deposits". ... Lamellibranchia: Condylocardiidae) from the Pleistocene of the Southern North Sea Basin". Basteria 36(2-5): 143-148. Spaink G ...
List of aviation accidents and incidents in the war in Afghanistan
"U.S. Navy Plane Crashes in North Arabian Sea, One Missing". Fox News. March 31, 2010. keithsmith. "ISAF Helicopter Crashes in ... "German Helicopter Crashes in Kabul". London: dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 1 July 2014. "Coalition war jet crash-lands in ... May 21: A Westland Sea King carrying five troops was hit by an RPG and crash-landed in Nad-e Ali, Helmand Province. The five ... "Sea King May 21, 2010". nolan-law.com. Retrieved 1 July 2014. "ISAF Helicopter Struck by Insurgent Fire". isaf.nato.int. ...
Natural prolongation principle
North Sea Continental Shelf Cases (Federal Republic of Germany v Denmark; Federal Republic of Germany v Netherlands)  ICJ ... The phrase natural prolongation was established as a concept in the North Sea Continental Cases in 1969. The relevance and ... 1994). Lines in the Sea. Dordrecht: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. ISBN 978-0-7923-2846-9; OCLC 30400059 Kaye, Stuart B. (1995). ...
East Frisia and the German North Sea coast, and parts of the Danish North Sea coast (Schleswig). But the Opstalboom league did ... This kingdom comprised the coastal provinces of the Netherlands and the German North Sea coast. During this time, the Frisian ... According to other sources, the Frisians lived along a broader expanse of the North Sea (or "Frisian Sea") coast. Frisia at ... ISBN 3-932206-30-4. Regteren Altena, H.H. van; Heidinga, H.A. (1977). "The North Sea Region in the Early Medieval Period (400- ...
Sources of international law
North Sea Continental Shelf Cases (Federal Republic of Germany v Denmark; Federal Republic of Germany v Netherlands)  ICJ ... North Sea Continental Shelf cases, note 6 at 38. North Sea Continental Shelf cases, note 6 at 41. See also Trial of the Major ... See North Sea Continental Shelf cases, note 6 at 229 per Judge Lachs. North Sea Continental Shelf cases, note 6 at 43. See ... North Sea Continental Shelf cases, note 6 at 229, 232 per Judge Lachs. Asylum case, note 8 at 277-8. Fisheries Case (United ...
The Nordalbian Saxons revolt; a Frankish fleet is sent to the North Sea coast of Germany. It lands in Hadeln, a marshy coastal ... In the next 10 years he will extend his powers north into the Mekong Valley (modern Vietnam). Irish monks (known as the Papar ... The Frisians revolt, and Charlemagne deports Saxon families from north of the river Elbe. 8 June - Viking raiders attack the ... King Charlemagne abandons his channel project (see 793), and attacks the Saxon rebels from the north, supported by a second ...
From west to east Dithmarschen consists of the Wadden Sea, marsh, bog, and the geestland. The North Sea had a higher sea level ... The best known Low German speaker in Germany today is probably Wilhelm Wieben, former anchorman of the popular German news ... The district is located on the North Sea. It is embraced by the Elbe estuary to the south and the Eider estuary to the north. ... The main tourist attractions in Dithmarschen are the North Sea and the Wadden Sea National Park. The district owns about 10 ...
Beyond the North Sea - The Emergence of Germany's Distant-Water Trawling Industry. In: Starkey, David J., Thorleifsen, Daniel, ... Conflict and Co-operation in the North Sea Region since 1550. 7th North Sea History Conference, Dunkirk 2002. Esbjerg 2005. pp ... Germany) with a thesis on the history of German deep-sea fishing industry in the 20th century. After positions at various ... Vocational training in the German Deep-Sea Fishing Industry. In: International Journal of Maritime History Vol. XI, 1999, No. 2 ...
In 2011 she performed at the world-renowned North Sea Jazz Festival. Ntjam Rosie has opened for Jesse Boykins III in the London ... Elle was released in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Japan. On August 29, 2013 she also released her third album At The Back ... Internationally she toured in Turkey, Switzerland, Germany, Estonia, Lithuania, United Kingdom, South Korea, China and Thailand ...
The 527th initially flew F-5s, then later switched to F-16s; and trained over the North Sea and in Germany, Spain and Italy. ... Reunified Germany inherited 24 MiG-29s from East German Air Force. They formed the JG73 "Steinhoff" squadron, that was ... The Germans created a unit known as "Touring Zirkus Rosarius" with captured P-51s, P-47s etc. that visited fighter bases and ... German MiG-29 aircraft were regular visitors to the United States before being sold to Poland and participated in valuable DACT ...
German: 6. Schnellbootsflottille), which was used in the North Sea and the English Channel. After the war he worked as a sales ... and made commander of the Naval Command North Sea (German: Marineabschnittskommando Nordsee). In October 1964, Obermaier was ... In 1933, he joined the new Kriegsmarine of Nazi Germany. During World War II, he was an officer in fast attack craft units, ... Albrecht Obermaier (9 July 1912 - 1 August 2004) was a German naval officer who served in the Kriegsmarine in World War II, and ...
... searched for the shortest way to the sea-thousands of years ago it flowed into the North Sea somewhere at the latitude of ... The Vistula (/ˈvɪstjʊlə/; Polish: Wisła; German: Weichsel [ˈvaɪksl̩]), the longest and largest river in Poland, is the 9th- ... The Baltic Sea- Vistula- Dnieper- Black Sea route with its rivers was one of the most ancient trade routes, the Amber Road, on ... above sea level. In addition, the majority of its river basin (55%) is 100 to 200 m above sea level; over 3⁄4 of the river ...
"North American Plant Protection Organisation. 10 November 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2012.. ... "Eschensterben alarmiert Forstexperten" (in German). Spiegel Online. 6 November 2008. Retrieved 29 October 2012.. ... "Emerging forest diseases in south-eastern Baltic Sea region" (PDF). Network of Climate Change Risks on Forests (FoRisk): SNS ... Germany, Austria and Switzerland. By 2012 it had spread to Belgium, France, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Midshipmen training at sea also participated in the humanitarian sealift to Somalia during Operation Restore Hope. ... German Air Force Officer Training School. *. Hellenic Air Force Academy. *. Accademia Aeronautica ... Town of North Hempstead, New York. *Educational institutions established in 1942. *Long Island Sound ... On average about 1/3 of each graduating class goes to sea working in the Merchant Marines as Strategic Sealift Officers serving ...
... because in this Peninsula it grew up in the seclusion of the sea and the Himalayas, because in this sacred and ancient land it ... due to North India being ruled by the Islamic Mughal rulers. The self proclamation was done to enforce Hindu social code ... or the soviet rule of Russia or the Fascist rule of Italy or the Nazi rule of Germany. They have systems suited to their genius ...
P. serica - Gould, 1845: east and south China, Taiwan, north Myanmar, north Laos and north Vietnam (now considered a separate ... However, one recent research study has cast doubt on the veracity of this belief. In Bulgarian, Czech, German, ... P. p. camtschatica - Stejneger, 1884: northern Sea of Okhotsk, and Kamchatka Peninsula in Russian Far East ... NB - BirdLife International consider the North American black-billed magpie (Pica hudsonia) as a subspecies of Pica pica. ...
His books were burnt on German stockpiles during Kulturkampf, and ironically inspired the German Nazis in the invention of ... It has been celebrated for over 3,000 years in Western Asia, Central Asia, the Caucasus, the Black Sea Basin, and the Balkans.[ ... At the time of the equinox, the sun is observed to be directly over the equator, and the north and south poles of the Earth lie ... Now (Old Persian: nava), which means "new" and descends from Proto-Indo-European *néwos, is cognate with English new, German ...
Maria-sama ga Miteru
The first eight volumes were translated into German by Tokyopop. Six brief manga one-shots, illustrated by Reine Hibiki and ... The anime adaptations have been released in North America by Nozomi Entertainment under the title Maria Watches Over Us. The ... The first five volumes of the light novel series were translated into German by Tokyopop. ... "Tokyopop - Bücher: Manga: Rosen unter Marias Obhut : Einleitung" (in German). Archived from the original on February 10, 2009. ...
santificado sea tu Nombre, venga a nosotros tu reino y hágase tu voluntad en la tierra como en el cielo.. sanctificetur nomen ... Swiss German), shifts cultural influence from the Spanish domain to the Portuguese. Although it is difficult to clarify the ... Distribution of the various dialects of Galician in Spain and the extreme north of Portugal. ...
Chief of Staff of the United States Army
... contrasts with Low German spoken in the lowlands stretching towards the North Sea. To avoid this confusion, some refer to ... Standard German, High German, or more precisely Standard High German, (German: Standarddeutsch, Hochdeutsch, or in Swiss ... Austrian Standard German, German Standard German and Swiss Standard German. Additionally, there are linguists who posit that ... German Standard German, Austrian Standard German, and Swiss Standard German. ...
North Africa) in the west, Scandinavia and Britain to the north, and to Siberia, Japan, and South Korea,[48 ... an Old High German masculine proper name Madelhart, clues lying in the alternate English forms "maudelard" or "mawdelard". ... as well as shallow inlets and open sea within sight of the coastline. Water depths of less than 0.9 metres (3.0 ft) are ... 1977). Handbook of the Birds of Europe the Middle East and North Africa, the Birds of the Western Palearctic. Volume 1: Ostrich ...
... around the Mediterranean and as far north as England, southern Germany, and Bulgaria. Their further northward expansion may ... The northern seas were frozen. During the late Upper Paleolithic (Latest Pleistocene) c. 18,000 BP, the Beringia land bridge ... South America became linked to North America through the Isthmus of Panama, bringing a nearly complete end to South America's ... Most of Central America formed during the Pliocene to connect the continents of North and South America, allowing fauna from ...
Collins-class submarine replacement project
"WHAT LIES BENEATH? Sea 1000". asiapacificdefencereporter.com. Retrieved 14 May 2016.. *^ a b c d e f g Nicholson & Wallace, ... Jennett, German shipbuilders ThyssenKrupp convinced they remain in race for Australian submarine contract ... and because some of Australia's strategic interests are located as far afield as the Persian Gulf and the North Pacific, ... designated SEA 1000) had commenced. The SEA 1000 project office was established within the Defence Materiel Organisation in ...
... translated ideas from the German concept of Technik into "technology." In German and other European languages, a distinction ... to the palace of Knossos on the north side of the island. Unlike the earlier road, the Minoan road was completely paved.[51 ... spanned 1,500 miles from the Persian Gulf to the Mediterranean Sea, but was not paved and was only partially maintained.[51 ...
"Finned Deep-sea Octopuses, Grimpoteuthis spp". MarineBio. Retrieved 25 May 2017.. *^ a b c Marshall Cavendish Corporation (2004 ... In 2017 a German company made an arm with a soft pneumatically controlled silicone gripper fitted with two rows of suckers. It ... north-eastern Mexico, and implications for the evolution of Octopoda". 51 (5). Palaeontology: 1129-1139. doi:10.1111/j.1475- ... A battle with an octopus plays a significant role in Victor Hugo's book Travailleurs de la mer (Toilers of the Sea), relating ...
... s are widespread and often abundant in north and north-east Australia, especially north-east Queensland, and are common ... were placed in the resurrected genus Antigone that had originally been erected by the German naturalist Ludwig Reichenbach in ... lying between the coastal hills and the saline mangrove swamps that fringe the sea. They also visit freshwater lagoons in the ... ornithologist John Gould used the name Grus australasianus when he wrote about it and noted it to be widespread in the north ...
Smithsonian Institution-Handbook of North American Indians series: Handbook of North American Indians, Volume 15-Northeast. ... The German and English-speaking Moravian missionary John Heckewelder wrote: "The Monsey tong [sic] is quite different even ... the shores from the east-shore mouth of the river and the sea coast to Western Long Island (all of both colonial New York City ... Handbook of North American Indians (general ed.). Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution.. *^ Paul Otto, 179 "Intercultural ...
Canada Pavilion at Epcot
North American animal characters from Brother Bear (Kenai and Koda) and Pocahontas (Meeko and Percy) make occasional ... The Seas with Nemo & Friends *Coral Reef Restaurant. *Turtle Talk with Crush ... Germany *Biergarten Restaurant. *Italy *Tutto Italia Ristorante. *Via Napoli Pizzeria e Ristorante ...
F0 Tornado in its final stages over the North Sea near Vrångö, Sweden on July 17, 2011 ... Nikolai Dotzek (2000-05-16). "Tornadoes in Germany". Atmos. Res. 56 (1): 233-51. Bibcode:2001AtmRe..56..233D. doi:10.1016/S0169 ... North America is a large continent that extends from the tropics north into arctic areas, and has no major east-west mountain ... For example, an increase in the sea surface temperature of a source region (e.g. Gulf of Mexico and Mediterranean Sea) ...
Iara - a type of freshwater mermaid (Centre, South-East, North).. *Iemanjá - the Afro-Brazilian sea goddess. ... Alemoa - the ghost of a blond (German-like) woman that is connected to the island of Fernando de Noronha. She is said to seduce ... Bumba-meu-Boi - an ox that is part of strange folk tale celebrated with dance and music by the peoples of the Brazilian north ( ... Mula sem cabeça - Literally "headless mule", shape taken by the woman accursed for having sex with a priest (South-East, North- ...
As a port on the Mediterranean Sea, in the middle of the sea lanes that linked Egypt, Greece and Rome, Myra was a destination ... Literature by and about Saint Nicholas in the German National Library catalogue ... they dedicated the San Nicolò al Lido monastery basilica to him on the north end of the Lido di Venezia. According to a ... In centuries of Greek folklore, Nicholas was seen as "The Lord of the Sea", often described by modern Greek scholars as a kind ...
Roberts, Callum (2007). The Unnatural History of the Sea.. *^ Claudia Geib (July 16, 2020). "North Atlantic right whales now ... Germany is experiencing a 75% decline. Climate change and agriculture are believed to be the most significant contributors to ... "Plastic Bag Ban Will Help Save California's Endangered Sea Turtles". Sea Turtle Restoration Project. 2010. Archived from the ... North America and Adjacent Oceans During the Last Deglaciation. The Geology of North America. K-3. Geological Society of ...
Germany. Their discovery of rubidium came the following year in Heidelberg, Germany, finding it in the mineral lepidolite. ... North, John (2008). Cosmos an illustrated history of astronomy and cosmology (Rev. and updated ed.). Univ. of Chicago Press. p ... 4 ions in a sea of delocalised electrons) at very high pressures (though less than the typical pressure where transitions from ... Marggraf, Andreas Siegmund (1761). Chymische Schriften (in German). p. 167.. *^ du Monceau, H. L. D. "Sur la Base de Sel Marine ...
German Pudel, short for Pudelhund : Low German pudeln, to splash about (from pudel, puddle) + German Hund, dog.]. ... Because North America generally has snowier winters that get below 0 °C in the winter, unlike the climate where the dog was ... whether in the sea, at the lake, or even whitewater up to class III for the Standard, though a lifejacket is paramount ... Early 19th century: from German Pudel(hund), from Low German pud(d)eln 'splash in water' (the poodle being a water-dog).. ...
East New York, Brooklyn
East New York covers a relatively large area, abutting the Queens border to the north and east. North of East New York is ... By the 1930s, the residents were chiefly Italians, Jewish, Germans, and Russians who moved in from Brownsville, Bushwick, and ... starting from the north and moving clockwise are: Flatlands Avenue to the north, Hendrix Street to the east, Jamaica Bay to the ... Cypress Hills, a subsection of East New York, is bordered on the south by City Line; to the north by Cypress Hills Cemetery ...
... and the North Sea gave him abundant materials for research on invertebrate anatomy and physiology, which he communicated first ... Rudolf Friedrich Johann Heinrich Wagner (30 July 1805 - 13 May 1864) was a German anatomist and physiologist and the co- ... On his return to Germany he set up a medical practice at Augsburg, where his father had been transferred. A few months later he ... He had an exact knowledge of classical German writings, especially of Goethe's, and of the literature connected with him. ...
German submarine U-559
Her first patrol took her from Kiel on 4 June 1941, across the North Sea and through the gap between Greenland and Iceland. She ... German submarine U-559 was a Type VIIC U-boat built for Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine for service during World War II. ... Two German crew members, rescued from the sea, watched this material being loaded into Petard's whaler but were dissuaded from ... "War Patrols by German U-boat U-559". German U-boats of WWII - uboat.net. Retrieved 26 August 2009.. ...
... from the Alps to near the North Sea. Local groups, mainly differentiated by pottery, include: *Knovíz culture in western and ... Some were quite small, 4.5 m × 5 m at the Runder Berg (Urach, Germany), 5-8m long in Künzig (Bavaria, Germany), others up to 20 ... Heidenheim) from Germany and St. Sulpice (Vaud), Switzerland. In Alz, the chariot had been placed on the pyre, pieces of bone ... Grafschaft Diepholz, Germany) dating to the 15th century BC is the earliest evidence of iron in Central Europe. During the late ...
Constantine Samuel Rafinesque
Among his theories were that ancestors of Native Americans had migrated by the Bering Sea from Asia to North America, and ... was of German descent and born in Constantinople. His father died in Philadelphia about 1793. Rafinesque spent his youth ... Meyer, David L.; Davis, Richard Arnold (2009). A Sea Without Fish: Life in the Ordovician Sea of the Cincinnati Region. Indiana ... 1828-1830: Medical Flora, a Manual of the Medical Botany of the United States of North America (two volumes). Philadelphia. ...
German Samoa. *German New Guinea. Naval warfare. *U-boat Campaign *North Atlantic ... the Sea of Marmara, southern Thrace up to the Enos-Midia line as well as parts of the Black Sea coast of Anatolia between the ... The plan found sympathy with Germany. Germany supplied the missing resources and the Ottoman 3rd Army's manpower was used to ... the Black Sea port of Trabzon on February 24. The incoming sea-borne reinforcements began to debark at Trabzon. Manzikert, ...
Spatially Explicit Analysis of Genome-Wide SNPs Detects Subtle Population Structure in a Mobile Marine Mammal, the Harbor...
... the Black Sea, the North Atlantic, and the Baltic Sea. Furthermore, we observed a distinct separation of the North Sea harbor ... Deutches Meeremuseum, Stralsund, Germany.. Berggren, Per Dove Marine Laboratory, School of Marine Science and Technology, ... The population structure of harbor porpoises from the Baltic Sea, which is connected with the North Sea through a series of ... We observed a notable distinction between the Belt Sea and the Inner Baltic Sea sub-regions. Improved delineation of harbor ...
north sea | Landscapes | Holiday in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
25 lighthouses, the landmarks of the North Sea, have been preserved on the North Sea islands and on the west coast of the ... The North Sea cycle path (in german), the Viking-Frisia-Path and other west coast paths lead through salt marshes and cabbage ... Spend a night in a wicker beach basket on the North Sea coast (in german). Wake up beneath a starry sky - this awakens ... October: Husum prawn days (in german). And what does the North Sea taste like?. *Lobscouse and matjes bring sailor tradition ...
Heligoland Britain, Germany, and the Struggle for the North Sea by Jan Ruger | LoveReading
Shortlisted for the Wolfson History Prize 2018 An absolutely engrossing work of micro-history exploring how one tiny North Sea ... Germany, and the Struggle for the North Sea. ... Heligoland Britain, Germany, and the Struggle for the North Sea ... Heligoland Britain, Germany, and the Struggle for the North Sea Press Reviews. Jan Rugers new book takes the North Sea island ... On Heligoland: Britain, Germany and the Struggle for the North Sea: How to write the history of two nations divided but also ...
The North Sea Jazz Festival 20 [Digipak] by Gino Vannelli (CD, May-2011, MIG (Made In Germany)) | eBay
Made In Germany)). Shop with confidence on eBay! ... Find great deals for The North Sea Jazz Festival 20 [Digipak] ... item 7 The North Sea Jazz Festival 2002 - Audio CD - NEW ITEM -The North Sea Jazz Festival 2002 - Audio CD - NEW ITEM. AU $ ... item 5 The North Sea Jazz Festival 2002 Gino Vannelli & The Metr Audio CD -The North Sea Jazz Festival 2002 Gino Vannelli & The ... item 2 Gino Vannelli - North Sea Jazz Festival 2002 [New CD] -Gino Vannelli - North Sea Jazz Festival 2002 [New CD]. AU $20.11 ...
Seasonal distribution of harbour porpoises and possible interference of offshore wind farms in the German North Sea
The seasonal distribution of harbour porpoises in the German North Sea was investigated, hot spot areas were identified and the ... Siebert, Ursula , Germany, Wildlife. ABSTRACT: The seasonal distribution of harbour porpoises in the German North Sea was ... Seasonal distribution of harbour porpoises and possible interference of offshore wind farms in the German North Sea Author: ... "Seasonal distribution of harbour porpoises and possible interference of offshore wind farms in the German North Sea" ...
Chlorophyll and primary production in the German Bight, North Sea | EPIC
On the activity rhythm in the sand beach isopod Eurydice pulchra from Helgoland (German Bight, North Sea). - ePIC
'North Sea or German Ocean'? The Anglo-German Cartographic Freemasonry, 1842-1914 | Semantic...
The relationship fitted broader patterns of Anglo-German cultural affinity that were broken only by the outbreak of the First ... The war occasioned significant changes in the way Germany was represented on British maps. Long-standing notions of ethnic and ... cultural affinity were replaced by demonstrations of Germanys otherness. In this article, I explore the key personal and ... British and German commercial cartographers established a profitable relationship based on mutual cooperation and the exchange ...
British Gas owner sets up new North Sea spin-off
The owner of British Gas has set up a new North Sea spin-off company after agreeing to merge its offshore oil and gas assets ... Comment: As Germany founders, the opportunities for UK plc abound Matthew Lynn ... The owner of British Gas has set up a new North Sea spin-off company after agreeing to merge its offshore oil and gas assets ... The owner of British Gas has set up a new North Sea spin-off company after agreeing to merge its offshore oil and gas assets ...
Earth Times: show/236636,police-muslim-german-wanted-for-attack-plan-probably-not-in-country.html
... fish and even sea grass, mud and bivalves. The North Sea totally explored (twice) by OCEANA. ... The North Sea totally explored (twice) by OCEANA.. Posted Mon, 28 Aug 2017 08:59:00 GMT by Dave Armstrong. OCEANA are fishing ... The future of the sea? How the ocean economy can fight plastic pollution.. Posted Fri, 01 Jun 2018 12:10:00 GMT by Stefan ... TOMRA CEO Stefan Ranstrand responds to the UK Government s Foresight Future of the Sea report and explains how container ...
Earth Times: show/320786,1stlead-muslim-group-backs-crosses-in-german-schools.html
... fish and even sea grass, mud and bivalves. The North Sea totally explored (twice) by OCEANA. ... The North Sea totally explored (twice) by OCEANA.. Posted Mon, 28 Aug 2017 08:59:00 GMT by Dave Armstrong. OCEANA are fishing ... Sea Shepherd fight poaching in the Galapagos Islands. Posted Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:00:00 GMT by Lucy Brake ... The future of the sea? How the ocean economy can fight plastic pollution.. Posted Fri, 01 Jun 2018 12:10:00 GMT by Stefan ...
Larval nematodes in stomach wall granulomas of smelt Osmerus eperlanus from the German North Sea coast
Germany | FARNET
The FLAG area covers most of the North Sea coastal strip which belongs to Lower Saxony. It includes the counties of Cuxhaven, ... Fish traps - an alternative to gillnet-fishing in German Baltic Sea waters?. 14/12/2018 ... FLAG cooperation in Germany is mainly viewed as a transversal tool to strengthen the impact of other areas of FLAG work. It is ... The Fisch vom Kutter web portal for the distance sale of freshly landed catches from the German Baltic Coat vessels is a ...
North Sea - Wikipedia
North Sea called "Oceanus Germanicus" , Richard J Scully, North Sea or German Ocean? The Anglo-German Cartographic ... Doggerland European Atlas of the Seas List of languages of the North Sea List of the largest islands in the North Sea North Sea ... North Sea Norwegian Sea Sk Ka Eng Ch The North Sea is bounded by the Orkney Islands and east coast of Great Britain to the west ... Before the adoption of "North Sea," the names used in English were "German Sea" or "German Ocean", referred to the Latin names ...
Clemens Setz | New Books in German
by the North Sea.". The reason we are given is that he has a cough. and that the fresh sea air will do him good.. Thats the ... North Sea. The little witch Bibi Blocksberg. has a brother. by the name of Boris.. But only up to the ninth episode, then. "he ... His novel Die Frequenzen (Frequencies) was shortlisted in 2009 for the German Book Prize, Germanys most prestigious literary ... being shortlisted for the German Book Prize and winning the Leipzig Book Fair Prize, Austrian author Clemens Setz is soon to ...
Digging the Graveyard of Oil's Past - The New York Times
... production platforms in the North Sea, once a crucial source of crude oil, are being dismantled and sold for scrap. ... The British North Sea was once a crucial source of oil for the world. At its peak in 1999, it produced about 2.9 million ... The North Sea is a vast operation, with more than 300 fields scattered across 95,000 square miles. Shell built four giant ... This spring, the Pioneering Spirit headed to the Brent field in the North Sea, a major oil and gas trove named after the Brent ...
Fishing in the North Sea - Wikipedia
"Greenpeace builds shield against bottom trawling in the North Sea". Greenpeace Germany. 2008-08-12. Retrieved 2008-12-03. ... North Sea". Retrieved 2007-07-19. "North Sea Fish Stocks: Good and Bad News" (PDF). International Council for the Exploration ... Wadden Sea Region. Stevens & Associates. 2006-06-01. Retrieved 2008-12-01. Greenpeace. "North Sea Fish Crisis part 1". ... Fishing in the North Sea is concentrated in the southern part of the coastal waters. The main method of fishing is trawling. ...
After death by Amazon, get set for necrosis by Netflix
Molecular analysis of Ulva compressa (Chlorophyta, Ulvales) reveals its morphological plasticity, distribution and potential...
... compressa is abundant along the German Baltic Sea and North Sea coasts. We were able to genetically confirm the presence of U. ... distribution and potential invasiveness on German North Sea and Baltic Sea coasts. European Journal of Phycology, 54 (1). pp. ... distribution and potential invasiveness on German North Sea and Baltic Sea coasts. ... compressa from the German Wadden Sea were identical to the drifting sheets found in the Wadden and Baltic Seas and the sequence ...
Statoil makes high impact gas and condensate find in North Sea | Reuters
Statoil has made asignificant gas and condensate discovery in the King Learprospect in the North Sea, the company said on ... AfricaAmérica LatinaعربيArgentinaBrasilCanada中国DeutschlandEspañaFranceIndiaItalia日本MéxicoРОССИЯUnited KingdomUnited States ... OSLO, July 2 (Reuters) - Statoil has made a significant gas and condensate discovery in the King Lear prospect in the North Sea ...
Regional validation of meris chlorophyll products in north sea coastal waters | REVAMP Project | FP5 | CORDIS | European...
REVAMP aims at supporting the monitoring of the eutrophication state of the North Sea by measuring and validating a key bio-geo ... Because of regional variations in North Sea water composition, REVAMP will develop and validate regional CHL products . The end ... product will be a North Sea atlas for the period spring 2002 to spring 2003, containing CHL maps, accuracy products and Added ...
Deep-sea Sponge Grounds Ecosystems of the North Atlantic: an integrated approach towards their preservation and sustainable...
North Atlantic deep-sea sponge grounds are being mapped and characterized to determine the drivers of past and present ... Silicon isotopic systematics of deep-sea sponge grounds in the North Atlantic Author(s): Katharine R. Hendry, Lucie Cassarino, ... North Atlantic deep-sea sponge grounds will be mapped and characterized, and a geographical information system on sponge ... The North Atlantic encompasses a variety of vulnerable sponge-dominated deep-sea ecosystems that are delivering key supporting ...
The North Sea - European Environment Agency
The North Sea is bounded by the coastlines of England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and ... Case study: 1986 North Sea benthos survey. A 1986 survey, covering the whole of the main North Sea basin (Heip et al., 1992), ... The North Sea is a large semi-enclosed sea on the continental shelf of north-west Europe, formed by flooding in the Holocene ... Countries around the North Sea are working to prevent coastal erosion.. Map 1: North Sea physiography (depth distribution and ...
Northern Germany - Wikitravel
Northern Germany includes the states of Germany that border on the North and Baltic Seas. These states are popular tourist ... North Sea. * Rügen - Germany´s largest island in the Baltic just off the coast, location of many seaside resorts and scenic sea ... Northern Germany includes the states of Germany that border on the North and Baltic Seas. These states are popular tourist ... Schleswig-Holstein Wadden Sea National Park - a UNESCO World Heritage site along the regions coast and including the North ...
Young wandering bearded vulture now in northern Germany, on the North Sea. - Website of the Vulture Conservation Foundation
Young wandering bearded vulture now in northern Germany, on the North Sea.. ... and then in March in Holland is now in northern Germany - we have just received a new sighting from the North Sea! ... Frisian islands in the North Sea. He discovered the bird because common shelducks, barnacle geese and plovers where startled by ... The young bearded vulture which was observed in mid-February in Western Germany (see here) ...
Rod-shaped nanodrugs home in on tumour cells | The Engineer The Engineer
Lower Saxon North Sea coast FLAG | FARNET
Naturschutzbund Deutschland (the federation of nature protection associations) will continue its activities on the topic of " ... The North Sea coast and the UNESCO World Heritage Site Wadden Sea are a popular destination and fishing is one of the ... The FLAG area covers most of the North Sea coastal strip which belongs to Lower Saxony. It includes the counties of Cuxhaven, ... The FLAG is interested to cooperate with other German or neighbouring countries FLAGs. ...
Horizontal and vertical distribution of meiofauna on sandy beaches of the North Sea (The Netherlands, Belgium, France) |...
The material was collected on six macro-tidal sandy beaches along the North Sea (The Netherlands, France, Belgium), in order to ... Six sandy beaches along the North Sea were surveyed in 2000 (Fig. 1). In the Netherlands two intertidal sites (indicated as ... Three major European rivers (the Rhine, Meuse and Schelde) enter the North Sea in the so-called Dutch Delta in the south- ... The material was collected on six macro-tidal sandy beaches along the North Sea (The Netherlands, France, Belgium), in order to ...
Hotel Helgoländer Klassik, Helgoland, Germany - Booking.com
Germany 21,817 properties North Sea Coast Germany 3,387 properties Helgoland Hotels 32 properties ... Our room was on the rear of the hotel, on the ground floor, which did not provide much light, so I suggest paying for Sea view ... View of the sea from bed, the room was very clean and comfortable. We look forward to returning ... "View of the sea from bed, the room was very clean and comfortable. We look forward to returning" ...
List of floods in Europe - Wikipedia
Ireland, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Germany. 82. Storm surge 1978. 1978 North Sea storm surge. England. 0. ... North Sea flood of 1962. Netherlands, United Kingdom and Germany. 318. Storm surge ... North Sea flood of 2007. Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Norway and United Kingdom. 0. storm tide ... North Sea Flood of 1953. Netherlands, United Kingdom. 2,000. Storm surge 1957. 1957 Valencia flood. Spain. 81. heavy rains and ...
Torsten Frank - Mendeley
Modelling and Numeric Simulations Flood Risk Analysis Coastal Engineering Statistical Analysis of Hydrological and Sea Level ... AMSeL - Mean Sea Level and Tidal Analysis at the German North Sea Coastline. *Jensen J ... On analysing sea level rise in the German Bight since 1844. *Wahl T ... Evaluation of the Reliability of Flood Control Reservoirs in Germany: In: Proceedings of the XXVIII IAHR congress Hydraulic ...
SpeciesHarbourBightCoastlineCoastsSchleswig-HolsteinGermany'sHelgolandCoastal2017Frisian Islands1890WatersLower SaxonyWaddenBiodiversityHeligoland20161982Europe'sEperlanus1989FisheriesSouthwestSyltBenthicWarsaw Pact1990WhalesBremerhavenPandemicChlorophyllConsiderablyRhineProgrammePrussiaIslandSearchNorseNavalClimateFishing industryDutchRenewable EnergiesEuropeanCenturiesCooperation
- Five species of Baltic Sea marine mammals were assessed in the HELCOM Red List assessment: the harbour porpoise ( Phocoena phocoena ), the Baltic ringed seal ( Phoca hispida botnica ), the harbour seal ( Phoca vitulina ), the grey seal ( Halichoerus grypus ), and the Eurasian otter ( Lutra lutra ). (helcom.fi)
- On the activity rhythm in the sand beach isopod Eurydice pulchra from Helgoland (German Bight, North Sea). (awi.de)
- Blahudka S, Türkay M (2002) A population study of the shrimp Crangon allmanni in the German Bight. (springer.com)
- For sientific divers, the rocky island of Helgoland provides a unique biotope in the Southern North Sea (German Bight). (awi.de)
- Dive missions in the German Bight and the North Sea are conducted from the research vessel RV Uthörn or (in case of offshore diving activities) in the North Sea or the Atlantic from the RV Heincke . (awi.de)
- Located 300 miles off the east coast of England, and 29 miles off the German coastline, Heligoland has been inhabited since prehistoric times. (lovereading.co.uk)
- Trust me, we do have a coastline on a sea. (nationmaster.com)
- Germany has around 2,300 kilometers (1,430 miles) of coastline along the North and Baltic Seas. (fujitsu.com)
- As well as being the planet's largest organism, the giant ribbon of coral off the north-east coastline of Australia encloses an area of lagoon, island, beach and littoral that is larger than England and Ireland put together. (awi.de)
- The country's coastline extends 2,389 kilometers and borders the North Sea on its. (reference.com)
- Molecular analysis of Ulva compressa (Chlorophyta, Ulvales) reveals its morphological plasticity, distribution and potential invasiveness on German North Sea and Baltic Sea coasts. (geomar.de)
- Phylogenetic analyses from sequences of the plastid encoded tufA gene confirmed that U. compressa is abundant along the German Baltic Sea and North Sea coasts. (geomar.de)
- However, we detected morphologies agreeing with the attached and branched tubular type material only in the North Sea, while U. compressa on Baltic Sea coasts indiscriminately exhibited a very distinct morphology of sheet-like thalli that were always unattached, with the exception of one collection site. (geomar.de)
- INCREASED Russian submarine activity off the coasts of Britain and in the North Atlantic could be to blame for the tragic rise in sperm whales beaching on European shores. (dailystar.co.uk)
- They had to completely modernize the 47 existing radar stations along the German North and Baltic Sea coasts. (fujitsu.com)
- One casualty of the European "discovery" and subsequent relentless British colonization of Australia from the late eighteenth century through the nineteenth century is the meagre historical evidence of the ways of life of the numerous clans of Indigenous maritime peoples who had inhabited the coasts and islands of Australia's immense north-eastern Great Barrier Reef and Torres Strait Island region for thousands of years. (awi.de)
- On an area of 4,410 square metres, the National Park Schleswig-Holstein Wadden Sea stretches along the North Sea coast der - around 45 times the size of the Island of Sylt. (sh-tourismus.de)
- Sylt is the northernmost island of Germany located in the Wadden Sea of Schleswig-Holstein. (awi.de)
- Büsum borders the Schleswig-Holstein Coastal Wadden Sea National Park. (britannica.com)
- As Germany's only outlet to the ocean, the North Sea continued to be strategically important through both World Wars. (wikipedia.org)
- His novel Die Frequenzen ('Frequencies') was shortlisted in 2009 for the German Book Prize, Germany's most prestigious literary award, and his poetry and prose have also received the Ernst Willner Prize (2008), the Bremen Literature Prize (2010), and the Outstanding Artist Award (2010). (new-books-in-german.com)
- Ferries to Germany's North Sea islands were kept in port and some industrial plants closed. (cbc.ca)
- Cuxhaven, a small city on Germany's blustery North Sea coast, has ample supplies of fish and wind. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Sometimes there's a high feed-in of wind power, and at other moments, renewables can only take a small part," says Wolfram Krause, a researcher at Germany's EWE power company and manager of Cuxhaven's 20 million euro ($27 million) eTelligence pilot project, half of which is funded by the German government. (nationalgeographic.com)
- The FLAG area covers most of the North Sea coastal strip which belongs to Lower Saxony. (europa.eu)
- Fishing in the North Sea is concentrated in the southern part of the coastal waters. (wikipedia.org)
- In the coastal areas of Skagerrak salinity ranges between 25 and 34 and in the Wadden Sea it is usually less than 30. (europa.eu)
- Coastal waters in the south-eastern North Sea had values indicating greater vulnerability than waters further offshore throughout the whole year. (wiley.com)
- The young bird (hatched in 2016 and unringed) was observed on the 30 March 2017 by Behrend Dellwisch on Wangerooge, one of the East Frisian islands in the North Sea. (4vultures.org)
- Penguin Press, New York (2017) Reviewed by John R. Satterfield, DBA Sea Power: The History and Geopolitics of the World's Oceans is a companion to The Accidental Admiral, Admiral Stavridis' earlier best seller that provided many Americans with a basic education in national and global security. (navyhistory.org)
- Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK (2017) Reviewed by Alan M. Anderson, Ph.D. Heligoland rises abruptly and unexpectedly in the southeastern corner of the North Sea. (navyhistory.org)
- 2017), was the most downloaded paper in Deep-Sea Research Part 1 in 2017. (ncl.ac.uk)
- After a spell as a seaside spa for European liberals, Britain ceded the land to Germany in 1890, whereupon it was transformed into a naval base by the Kaiser and later Hitler, thereby consolidating its pivotal role in Anglo-German relations. (lovereading.co.uk)
- Situated at the fault line between imperial and national histories, the island became a metaphor for Anglo-German rivalry once Germany acquired it in 1890. (lovereading.co.uk)
- They move into German waters in early spring, reach high numbers in early summer and move out of the area in autumn. (wind-watch.org)
- Fish traps - an alternative to gillnet-fishing in German Baltic Sea waters? (europa.eu)
- Cluster 6 aims at a habitat classification for marine regions in the German waters based on empiric data. (io-warnemuende.de)
- German Society for the Rescue of Shipwrecked Persons ) is responsible for Search and Rescue in German territorial waters in the North Sea and the Baltic Sea , including the Exclusive Economic Zone . (wikipedia.org)
- Xylophagaidae live in deep waters where they colonize wood that has sunk to the sea floor. (frontiersin.org)
- We applied this index to the Exclusive Economic Zone and the national waters of Germany in the North Sea. (wiley.com)
- The firm - located in the northwestern German town of Papenburg on the river Ems, which runs into the North Sea - is hoping to receive help from the Lower Saxony state government and from the federal government. (dw.com)
- Unusually high numbers of oaks and black pine trees are a feature of this island located in the Lower Saxony Wadden Sea National Park . (germany.travel)
- The vastness, the tranquillity and the spectacle of clouds and sunlight let the hustle and bustle of everyday life disappear during a walk across the Wadden Sea. (sh-tourismus.de)
- If you take part in a Wadden Sea safari (in german), you will discover not only seals taking a sunbath, but also observe porpoises and sea eagles on the hunt. (sh-tourismus.de)
- Ten of these small, flat isles are distributed across the National Park Wadden Sea - remnants of land stretches that sank into the sea during storm tides centuries ago. (sh-tourismus.de)
- Breathtaking scenery, boat trips and 15 kilometres of sandy beaches offer a tempting invitation to explore this island and the Wadden Sea around it. (germany.travel)
- Tracing this rich history of contact and conflict from the Napoleonic Wars to the Cold War, Heligoland brings to life a fascinating microcosm of the Anglo-German relationship. (lovereading.co.uk)
- Jan Ruger's new book takes the North Sea island of Heligoland as a lens through which to examine Anglo-German relations over the past two centuries. (lovereading.co.uk)
- The fortified German island of Heligoland also will be a major objective, it Is believed-either naval-or air, or bolh. (newspapers.com)
- The estimated 2,038,341 Germans who lived in Russia as of January 1989 constituted the single largest ethnic minority group without a settlement area of its own. (encyclopedia.com)
- The January 1989 census showed the male-female ratio within the German population of the Soviet Union to be 51 percent to 49 percent. (encyclopedia.com)
- Over the last decade, there has been an increasing awareness and concern for the impaired status of several of the North Sea fish stocks, as well as the impact of fisheries on other parts of the ecosystem. (europa.eu)
- If we understand the mechanisms correctly, the North Pacific story-and the archaeological record that helps record it-encodes important lessons for fisheries management under conditions of rapid change. (awi.de)
- The strong coupling between benthic and pelagic communities in the shallow parts of the sea makes it extremely productive and one of the most productive areas in the world, with a wide range of plankton, fish, seabirds and benthic communities. (europa.eu)
- Dyer MF, Fry WG, Fry PD, Cranmer GJ (1983) Benthic regions within the North Sea. (springer.com)
- It was divided into West Germany and East Germany(Warsaw Pact) during the Cold War (1946-199 … 0), after its post WorldWar II occupation. (answers.com)
- It includes the German-speaking countries, four former Warsaw Pact member states that have successfully joined the European Union , and Slovenia, a former Yugoslav republic, now also a member of the EU. (wikitravel.org)
- He said: 'At some point probably a group of whales have entered the North Sea. (dailystar.co.uk)
- In recent centuries, these basins have been integrated by colonial voyaging, contacts, conquests, and the extraction and consumption of vast natural resources such as fur bearing sea mammals, whales, and now, fish. (awi.de)
- The largest and most important rivers flowing into the North Sea are the Elbe and the Rhine - Meuse watershed. (wikipedia.org)
- Its boundaries were uncertain for though the Meuse was on the west, the Rhine on the east, and the sea on the north, yet to the south it was completely exposed. (catholic.org)
- The Netherlands, North Rhine-Westphalia and the Federal Republic of Germany are conducting a joint study into the feasibility of a transnational green hydrogen value chain that extends from the North Sea to the industrial clusters in the border region of the Netherlands and North Rhine-Westphalia. (tno.nl)
- The research is being conducted as a trilateral project of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate of the Netherlands, the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitization and Energy of the Land of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy of Germany. (tno.nl)
- The Netherlands has designated TNO and North Rhine-Westphalia has designated research center IEK-3 Forschungszentrum Jülich. (tno.nl)
- The most common dialects still to be found are Lower and Middle West German (West Prussian/Rhine-Frankonian, Palantine, Upper Hessian), East German (Silesian), and Upper German (Alemannian, Swabian, Alsatian, and North Frankonian). (encyclopedia.com)
- Lush scenery, a car-free environment and fresh, sea air are not the only features that make Spiekeroog a popular island for health and wellness . (germany.travel)
- This North Sea island is known for its long beaches and thatched-roof guest houses. (csmonitor.com)
- A sign in Norddeich, Germany, for the ferry to Norderney island reads 'Next departure to Norderney cancelled due to weather. (cbc.ca)
- Irina Lucke spent most of last year on the low sandy island of Borkum in the North Sea supervising the assembly of the 30 soaring turbines that form the wind farm, which probably will not generate electricity until next year. (nytimes.com)
- Dippner JW (1997a) Recruitment success of different fish stocks in the North Sea in relation to climate variability. (springer.com)
- At the beginning of October, Dutch Economic Affairs and Climate Policy Minister Wiebes and his German counterpart, Altmaier, signed a declaration of intent for cooperation between the two countries around the energy transition. (tno.nl)
- The Dutch have built an elaborate system of dikes, canals, dams, bridges, and locks to hold back the North Sea because of rising sea levels and devastating historic floods. (cia.gov)
- TNO is working with partners to investigate the feasibility of this plan, which should bring the decarbonisation of German and Dutch industry closer. (tno.nl)
- An epeiric (or "shelf") sea on the European continental shelf, it connects to the ocean through the English Channel in the south and the Norwegian Sea in the north. (wikipedia.org)
- The North Sea has long been the site of important European shipping lanes as well as a major fishery. (wikipedia.org)
- The North Sea receives freshwater from a number of European continental watersheds, as well as the British Isles. (wikipedia.org)
- A large part of the European drainage basin empties into the North Sea, including water from the Baltic Sea. (wikipedia.org)
- For the most part, the sea lies on the European continental shelf with a mean depth of 90 metres (300 ft). (wikipedia.org)
- Are Russian subs in North Sea behind whale deaths on British and European shores? (dailystar.co.uk)
- For the implementation of environmental policies such as the European Marine Framework Directive in the German Baltic Sea and the North Sea, a profound knowledge on habitats and their distribution is required. (io-warnemuende.de)
- Blend of cultural elements of the earlier Funnelbeaker culture in the North European Plain with the PIE steppe culture (Yamna). (eupedia.com)
- Germany is a nation in the north-central region of the European mainland. (reference.com)
- Germany is located in the west central portion of the European continent. (reference.com)
- The Russian-German North European gas pipeline under the Baltic Sea attracted particular disapproval. (rferl.org)
- Just before and during the Nazi offensive on Russia that began on 22 June 1941 and lasted until 1944, the entire Soviet German population was deported from their settlements in the European part of Russia to Siberia , Kazakhstan , and Soviet Central Asia, which, depending on the case, they were strictly forbidden to leave until 1955 or even 1956. (encyclopedia.com)
- Thus, the respective dialects were the main form of communication in the German settlements in the European part of Russia until they were destroyed between 1941 and 1944. (encyclopedia.com)
- The Germans are still the Hun, but then the U-boat war totally changed the rules of "civilized" mercantile warfare that had reigned for centuries. (naval-history.net)
- Countless German settlements were founded in the Orenburg District, northern Kazakhstan, western Siberia, and Kirgizia at the end of the nineteenth and the beginning of the twentieth centuries, however, and were left largely undisturbed during World War II . (encyclopedia.com)
- ABSTRACT From 1842, British and German commercial cartographers established a profitable relationship based on mutual cooperation and the exchange of expertise. (semanticscholar.org)
- FLAG cooperation in Germany is mainly viewed as a transversal tool to strengthen the impact of other areas of FLAG work. (europa.eu)
- This project in cooperation with the AWI was meant to improve the initiation and establishment of a monitoring program considering these guidelines in the North and Baltic Sea. (io-warnemuende.de)
- Cross-border cooperation, such as that with Germany at present, requires, among other things, the alignment of laws and regulations for technology, safety, management and supervision. (tno.nl)
- The plan for cooperation with Germany is one of the many initiatives on hydrogen for industry in which TNO is involved. (tno.nl)