Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Integration Host Factors
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Amino Acid Sequence
Those components of an organism that determine its capacity to cause disease but are not required for its viability per se. Two classes have been characterized: TOXINS, BIOLOGICAL and surface adhesion molecules that effect the ability of the microorganism to invade and colonize a host. (From Davis et al., Microbiology, 4th ed. p486)
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
Sequence Analysis, DNA
The relatively long-lived phagocytic cell of mammalian tissues that are derived from blood MONOCYTES. Main types are PERITONEAL MACROPHAGES; ALVEOLAR MACROPHAGES; HISTIOCYTES; KUPFFER CELLS of the liver; and OSTEOCLASTS. They may further differentiate within chronic inflammatory lesions to EPITHELIOID CELLS or may fuse to form FOREIGN BODY GIANT CELLS or LANGHANS GIANT CELLS. (from The Dictionary of Cell Biology, Lackie and Dow, 3rd ed.)
Graft vs Host Reaction
Gene Expression Regulation, Bacterial
Graft vs Host Disease
Animate or inanimate sources which normally harbor disease-causing organisms and thus serve as potential sources of disease outbreaks. Reservoirs are distinguished from vectors (DISEASE VECTORS) and carriers, which are agents of disease transmission rather than continuing sources of potential disease outbreaks.
Host vs Graft Reaction
One of the three domains of life (the others being Eukarya and ARCHAEA), also called Eubacteria. They are unicellular prokaryotic microorganisms which generally possess rigid cell walls, multiply by cell division, and exhibit three principal forms: round or coccal, rodlike or bacillary, and spiral or spirochetal. Bacteria can be classified by their response to OXYGEN: aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic; by the mode by which they obtain their energy: chemotrophy (via chemical reaction) or PHOTOTROPHY (via light reaction); for chemotrophs by their source of chemical energy: CHEMOLITHOTROPHY (from inorganic compounds) or chemoorganotrophy (from organic compounds); and by their source for CARBON; NITROGEN; etc.; HETEROTROPHY (from organic sources) or AUTOTROPHY (from CARBON DIOXIDE). They can also be classified by whether or not they stain (based on the structure of their CELL WALLS) with CRYSTAL VIOLET dye: gram-negative or gram-positive.
Life Cycle Stages
Disease Models, Animal
Non-antibody proteins secreted by inflammatory leukocytes and some non-leukocytic cells, that act as intercellular mediators. They differ from classical hormones in that they are produced by a number of tissue or cell types rather than by specialized glands. They generally act locally in a paracrine or autocrine rather than endocrine manner.
Strains of mice in which certain GENES of their GENOMES have been disrupted, or "knocked-out". To produce knockouts, using RECOMBINANT DNA technology, the normal DNA sequence of the gene being studied is altered to prevent synthesis of a normal gene product. Cloned cells in which this DNA alteration is successful are then injected into mouse EMBRYOS to produce chimeric mice. The chimeric mice are then bred to yield a strain in which all the cells of the mouse contain the disrupted gene. Knockout mice are used as EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL MODELS for diseases (DISEASE MODELS, ANIMAL) and to clarify the functions of the genes.
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
Gene Expression Profiling
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
Multicellular, eukaryotic life forms of kingdom Plantae (sensu lato), comprising the VIRIDIPLANTAE; RHODOPHYTA; and GLAUCOPHYTA; all of which acquired chloroplasts by direct endosymbiosis of CYANOBACTERIA. They are characterized by a mainly photosynthetic mode of nutrition; essentially unlimited growth at localized regions of cell divisions (MERISTEMS); cellulose within cells providing rigidity; the absence of organs of locomotion; absence of nervous and sensory systems; and an alternation of haploid and diploid generations.
The phenomenon by which a temperate phage incorporates itself into the DNA of a bacterial host, establishing a kind of symbiotic relation between PROPHAGE and bacterium which results in the perpetuation of the prophage in all the descendants of the bacterium. Upon induction (VIRUS ACTIVATION) by various agents, such as ultraviolet radiation, the phage is released, which then becomes virulent and lyses the bacterium.
Cells that line the inner and outer surfaces of the body by forming cellular layers (EPITHELIUM) or masses. Epithelial cells lining the SKIN; the MOUTH; the NOSE; and the ANAL CANAL derive from ectoderm; those lining the RESPIRATORY SYSTEM and the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM derive from endoderm; others (CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM and LYMPHATIC SYSTEM) derive from mesoderm. Epithelial cells can be classified mainly by cell shape and function into squamous, glandular and transitional epithelial cells.
Gene Expression Regulation
Gene Expression Regulation, Viral
Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
Lymphocytes responsible for cell-mediated immunity. Two types have been identified - cytotoxic (T-LYMPHOCYTES, CYTOTOXIC) and helper T-lymphocytes (T-LYMPHOCYTES, HELPER-INDUCER). They are formed when lymphocytes circulate through the THYMUS GLAND and differentiate to thymocytes. When exposed to an antigen, they divide rapidly and produce large numbers of new T cells sensitized to that antigen.
The major interferon produced by mitogenically or antigenically stimulated LYMPHOCYTES. It is structurally different from TYPE I INTERFERON and its major activity is immunoregulation. It has been implicated in the expression of CLASS II HISTOCOMPATIBILITY ANTIGENS in cells that do not normally produce them, leading to AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES.
Cell-surface components or appendages of bacteria that facilitate adhesion (BACTERIAL ADHESION) to other cells or to inanimate surfaces. Most fimbriae (FIMBRIAE, BACTERIAL) of gram-negative bacteria function as adhesins, but in many cases it is a minor subunit protein at the tip of the fimbriae that is the actual adhesin. In gram-positive bacteria, a protein or polysaccharide surface layer serves as the specific adhesin. What is sometimes called polymeric adhesin (BIOFILMS) is distinct from protein adhesin.
Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
Parasitic Diseases, Animal
Bacterial Outer Membrane Proteins
The class Insecta, in the phylum ARTHROPODA, whose members are characterized by division into three parts: head, thorax, and abdomen. They are the dominant group of animals on earth; several hundred thousand different kinds having been described. Three orders, HEMIPTERA; DIPTERA; and SIPHONAPTERA; are of medical interest in that they cause disease in humans and animals. (From Borror et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p1)
Fetal Tissue Transplantation
A genus of protozoa that comprise the malaria parasites of mammals. Four species infect humans (although occasional infections with primate malarias may occur). These are PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM MALARIAE; PLASMODIUM OVALE, and PLASMODIUM VIVAX. Species causing infection in vertebrates other than man include: PLASMODIUM BERGHEI; PLASMODIUM CHABAUDI; P. vinckei, and PLASMODIUM YOELII in rodents; P. brasilianum, PLASMODIUM CYNOMOLGI; and PLASMODIUM KNOWLESI in monkeys; and PLASMODIUM GALLINACEUM in chickens.
Blood-sucking acarid parasites of the order Ixodida comprising two families: the softbacked ticks (ARGASIDAE) and hardbacked ticks (IXODIDAE). Ticks are larger than their relatives, the MITES. They penetrate the skin of their host by means of highly specialized, hooked mouth parts and feed on its blood. Ticks attack all groups of terrestrial vertebrates. In humans they are responsible for many TICK-BORNE DISEASES, including the transmission of ROCKY MOUNTAIN SPOTTED FEVER; TULAREMIA; BABESIOSIS; AFRICAN SWINE FEVER; and RELAPSING FEVER. (From Barnes, Invertebrate Zoology, 5th ed, pp543-44)
A critical subpopulation of T-lymphocytes involved in the induction of most immunological functions. The HIV virus has selective tropism for the T4 cell which expresses the CD4 phenotypic marker, a receptor for HIV. In fact, the key element in the profound immunosuppression seen in HIV infection is the depletion of this subset of T-lymphocytes.
Open Reading Frames
DNA Transposable Elements
Discrete segments of DNA which can excise and reintegrate to another site in the genome. Most are inactive, i.e., have not been found to exist outside the integrated state. DNA transposable elements include bacterial IS (insertion sequence) elements, Tn elements, the maize controlling elements Ac and Ds, Drosophila P, gypsy, and pogo elements, the human Tigger elements and the Tc and mariner elements which are found throughout the animal kingdom.
DNA molecules capable of autonomous replication within a host cell and into which other DNA sequences can be inserted and thus amplified. Many are derived from PLASMIDS; BACTERIOPHAGES; or VIRUSES. They are used for transporting foreign genes into recipient cells. Genetic vectors possess a functional replicator site and contain GENETIC MARKERS to facilitate their selective recognition.
Protein Structure, Tertiary
The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.
Mice, Inbred Strains
Genetically identical individuals developed from brother and sister matings which have been carried out for twenty or more generations, or by parent x offspring matings carried out with certain restrictions. All animals within an inbred strain trace back to a common ancestor in the twentieth generation.
Colony Count, Microbial
Enumeration by direct count of viable, isolated bacterial, archaeal, or fungal CELLS or SPORES capable of growth on solid CULTURE MEDIA. The method is used routinely by environmental microbiologists for quantifying organisms in AIR; FOOD; and WATER; by clinicians for measuring patients' microbial load; and in antimicrobial drug testing.
A kingdom of eukaryotic, heterotrophic organisms that live parasitically as saprobes, including MUSHROOMS; YEASTS; smuts, molds, etc. They reproduce either sexually or asexually, and have life cycles that range from simple to complex. Filamentous fungi, commonly known as molds, refer to those that grow as multicellular colonies.
Microscopy using an electron beam, instead of light, to visualize the sample, thereby allowing much greater magnification. The interactions of ELECTRONS with specimens are used to provide information about the fine structure of that specimen. In TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY the reactions of the electrons that are transmitted through the specimen are imaged. In SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY an electron beam falls at a non-normal angle on the specimen and the image is derived from the reactions occurring above the plane of the specimen.
Genetic Complementation Test
Gene Transfer, Horizontal
The naturally occurring transmission of genetic information between organisms, related or unrelated, circumventing parent-to-offspring transmission. Horizontal gene transfer may occur via a variety of naturally occurring processes such as GENETIC CONJUGATION; GENETIC TRANSDUCTION; and TRANSFECTION. It may result in a change of the recipient organism's genetic composition (TRANSFORMATION, GENETIC).
Antimicrobial Cationic Peptides
Small cationic peptides that are an important component, in most species, of early innate and induced defenses against invading microbes. In animals they are found on mucosal surfaces, within phagocytic granules, and on the surface of the body. They are also found in insects and plants. Among others, this group includes the DEFENSINS, protegrins, tachyplesins, and thionins. They displace DIVALENT CATIONS from phosphate groups of MEMBRANE LIPIDS leading to disruption of the membrane.
Technique using an instrument system for making, processing, and displaying one or more measurements on individual cells obtained from a cell suspension. Cells are usually stained with one or more fluorescent dyes specific to cell components of interest, e.g., DNA, and fluorescence of each cell is measured as it rapidly transverses the excitation beam (laser or mercury arc lamp). Fluorescence provides a quantitative measure of various biochemical and biophysical properties of the cell, as well as a basis for cell sorting. Other measurable optical parameters include light absorption and light scattering, the latter being applicable to the measurement of cell size, shape, density, granularity, and stain uptake.
Influenza A virus
The type species of the genus INFLUENZAVIRUS A that causes influenza and other diseases in humans and animals. Antigenic variation occurs frequently between strains, allowing classification into subtypes and variants. Transmission is usually by aerosol (human and most non-aquatic hosts) or waterborne (ducks). Infected birds shed the virus in their saliva, nasal secretions, and feces.
Lipid-containing polysaccharides which are endotoxins and important group-specific antigens. They are often derived from the cell wall of gram-negative bacteria and induce immunoglobulin secretion. The lipopolysaccharide molecule consists of three parts: LIPID A, core polysaccharide, and O-specific chains (O ANTIGENS). When derived from Escherichia coli, lipopolysaccharides serve as polyclonal B-cell mitogens commonly used in laboratory immunology. (From Dorland, 28th ed)
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Bacterial Secretion Systems
In GRAM NEGATIVE BACTERIA, multiprotein complexes that function to translocate pathogen protein effector molecules across the bacterial cell envelope, often directly into the host. These effectors are involved in producing surface structures for adhesion, bacterial motility, manipulation of host functions, modulation of host defense responses, and other functions involved in facilitating survival of the pathogen. Several of the systems have homologous components functioning similarly in GRAM POSITIVE BACTERIA.
Oligonucleotide Array Sequence Analysis
Eukaryotes in the group STRAMENOPILES, formerly considered FUNGI, whose exact taxonomic level is unsettled. Many consider Oomycetes (Oomycota) a phylum in the kingdom Stramenopila, or alternatively, as Pseudofungi in the phylum Heterokonta of the kingdom Chromista. They are morphologically similar to fungi but have no close phylogenetic relationship to them. Oomycetes are found in both fresh and salt water as well as in terrestrial environments. (Alexopoulos et al., Introductory Mycology, 4th ed, pp683-4). They produce flagellated, actively motile spores (zoospores) that are pathogenic to many crop plants and FISHES.
Microscopy, Electron, Transmission
Viral Nonstructural Proteins
A family of pattern recognition receptors characterized by an extracellular leucine-rich domain and a cytoplasmic domain that share homology with the INTERLEUKIN 1 RECEPTOR and the DROSOPHILA toll protein. Following pathogen recognition, toll-like receptors recruit and activate a variety of SIGNAL TRANSDUCING ADAPTOR PROTEINS.
International versions of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
Occasionally, on some versions, if it is time to go for a commercial break, the host will take the final answer but not ... "Jeremy Clarkson confirmed as new 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' host". 9 March 2018. "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? returns ... Another hallmark of the show is using dramatic pauses before the host acknowledges whether or not the answer was correct. ... Players can prevent the host from asking this question, by stating themselves "final answer" or some variant after they declare ...
Kelly Packard co-hosted from September 15 to November 28, 2008, and Roggin co-hosted the 3 hours with rotating guest hosts ... Louis GSN Live host tryouts, April 21, 2009 (Co-host with Fred) Jason Antoniewicz, winner of Detroit GSN Live host tryouts, ... host of Animal Planet show Groomer Has It, April 29-30, 2009 & May 14, 2009 (Co-host with Heidi/Fred) June 8, 2009 (Co-host ... That's the Question host; August 11-15, 2008 (substitute host for Fred) Marianne Curan, GSN Radio host (and wife of Bob Goen) ...
"Why Portuguese Influence Is the Next Food Trend in Europe , host". host.fieramilano.it. Verbete "broa" no dicionario Priberam ( ...
2005 Women's National Invitation Tournament
Host • Source *Host • Source *Host • Source *Host • Source "MISSOURI STATE TAKES 2005 WNIT CROWN IN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL". mvc- ... The final pitted Missouri State and West Virginia against each other in Springfield, Missouri, as the Lady Bears hosted at the ...
List of British films of 2020
"Host". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 29 May 2020. "Summerland". Quickfire Films. Retrieved 13 May 2020. "The Secret Garden". ...
2013 World Championships in Athletics
Host nation (Russia) The IAAF placing table assigns eight points to the first place and so on to the eight finalists (except ... The venue had hosted the 1982 Commonwealth Games and 2001 Goodwill Games. It was also a failed bidder for the 2009 World ... The city had hosted the 1980 Summer Olympics (also at the Luzhniki Stadium) and the 2006 IAAF World Indoor Championships. Main ... Host. 206 countries (or more accurately, IAAF members) participated with a total of 1974 athletes. The biggest delegation was ...
Ramon Gener Sala
In 2011 he became the host of the television program Òpera en Texans (Opera in jeans). Later he directed and hosted This is ... This is Art (2017 y 2018). Director and host. Produced by Brutal Media, TV3 y Movistar+ 200; una noche en el Prado (2019). ... Producded by Brutal Media for TV3 This is Opera (2015). Director and host. Produced by Brutal Media, RTVE y Unitel Classica. ... Director and host. Produced by Brutal Media for RTVE "Biography". "About - Ramon Gener". www.ramongener.com. Retrieved 2020-05- ...
In March 2017, NBC ordered ten episodes for the first season of the series, which was hosted by Neil Patrick Harris. The series ... Game Show Hosted by Neil Patrick Harris". The Hollywood Reporter. "About This Show - GENIUS JUNIOR (NBC)". The Futon Critic. ... Host! Channel Date aired/premiered,- Einstein Junior - Deutschlands cleverste Kids Max Giermann 21 July 2018 RTL Canada Quebec ...
2004 Women's National Invitation Tournament
Host • Source *Host • Source *Host • Source *Host • Source Source "Jays Advance to WNIT Championship With 81-72 Victory Over ...
Lum v. Rice
Host). (2017, May 17).How a Chinese American Family Challenged School Segregation in 1920s Mississippi. ABA Journal: Modern Law ...
"Host". www.mariorossi.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-09-19. "A Man, A Woman, A Machine The Centre of Attention London". 1995-2015.undo. ... 2001) Host, Hastings Gallery and Museum. Curated by Mario Rossi. (2001) A Man, A Woman, A Machine, Centre of Attention, London ...
31st Sarasaviya Awards
The ceremony was hosted by Gamini Samarasinghe. "Magazine , Sundayobserver.lk - Sri Lanka". archives.sundayobserver.lk. "Host ...
Lze polidštit náboženství a spasit lidstvo?, Host. Literární revue 2/96, Brno, 1996, 17-28. Malá encyklopedie hinduismu, ...
... host Alex Trebek suggested that Faust could replace him as the show's host. Faust started his broadcasting career at ... "Jeopardy's Next Host: Who is Alex Faust?". National Hockey League. Retrieved September 2, 2020. "Q&A with Alex Faust: On Year 2 ... In a 2018 interview with TMZ, Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek suggested Faust, as well as CNN legal analyst Laura Coates, as ... DeNinno, Nadine (November 9, 2020). "Who will replace Alex Trebek as 'Jeopardy!' host? Meet the top candidates". New York Post ...
The Passionate Eye
The program was originally hosted by Michaëlle Jean, who left the position when she was appointed the new Governor General of ... Jean was not immediately replaced by a permanent host; the series continued under a hostless format until 2015, when Wendy ... "Host , Passionate Eye - Sunday/" CBC.ca. Archived from the original on 2 December 2002. https://web.archive.org/web/ ... Mesley finally took the reigns as a permanent host. The series initially aired on Sunday and Monday nights. Debuting ...
He is currently the co-founder of 1st Saturdays, a homeless outreach project, and the host of Hug Nation. Styn worked as the ... Host. FreshRealm, a food shipping company that uses reusable shipping technology. Chief Wisdom Officer. Anybeat, a social ...
Nehybnost on-line 2008 & 2009; MaPa, Brno 2010 A hudba? Host, Brno 2005 Samomluvy Vetus Via, Brno 2000 A hudba? (in Czech). ... Host. 2005-01-01. ISBN 9788072941551. KOSMAS.cz. "Samomluvy - Vojtěch Kučera , Kosmas.cz - internetové knihkupectví". Kosmas.cz ...
Canterbury Tales (musical)
Chaucer • Clerk of Oxford • Host • The Miller • Nun • Prioress • Squire • Steward • Sweetheart • The Wife of Bath • Alisoun • ... Host Canterbury Day - Pilgrims Darling, Let Me Teach You How To Kiss - Absalon I Have A Noble Cock - Nicholas Pater Noster - ... Host, Chorus If She Has Never Loved Before - January I'll Give My Love A Ring - Damien, May Pear Tree - May, Proserpina, ...
Jorge Fernández Madinabeitia
Los más (2006). Host with Paula Vázquez La Ruleta de la Suerte (2006-present). Host. Esta casa era una ruina (2007-2010). Host ... La quinta esfera (2003). Host. Gran Hermano VIP: El Desafío (2004). Host. El verano de tu vida (2005). Host with Ivonne Reyes. ... In 2008 he received the Ondas Award for "Best TV presenter." Euskadi Reta Gran Hermano (2001-2002). Host. Los Serrano (2003- ... Fernández works as the host of the game show La Ruleta de la Suerte on Antena 3 and the reality show Esta casa era una ruina. ...
Cathedral of Christ The King, Johannesburg
Host; Alpha & Omega; Keys of St. Peter The organ is one of the best instruments in the City of Johannesburg. The specification ...
He was the host of Get Up DC!. Waters was born in Prince George's County, Maryland. He graduated from Saint Albans High School ... In January 2018 Reese Waters returned to his Washington, D.C. roots and joined WUSA9 as the host of Get Up DC!. One year later ... Reese reflects on his time as host of Get Up DC , Reese's Final Thought wusa9.com 15 January 2021 (retrieved 30 January 2021) ... External link in ,website= (help) "Reese Waters , Get Up DC! Host". WUSA. Retrieved 2018-04-24. ...
2006 Women's National Invitation Tournament
Host • Source *Host • Source *Host • Source *Host • Source *Host • Source "40-team Field Announced for 2006 Postseason WNIT". ...
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Bill O'Reilly (born 1949), television host, author, syndicated columnist and political commentator, host of The O'Reilly Factor ... host. Bill Evans (1929-1980), jazz pianist and composer. Phil Foster (1913-1985), comedian and actor, played Frank De Fazio in ...
List of McGill University people
... host and co-creator of Epic Meal Time Andy Nulman - co-founder of Just for Laughs Mark Phillips - CBS News London bureau ... host of WireTap on CBC Radio One Chilly Gonzales - Grammy-nominated musician Linda Griffiths - playwright, actress Aaron Harris ... co-host of G4TV's Electronic Playground Matthew Rosenberg - Washington correspondent at The New York Times, and national ... host; LGBTQIA icon Madeleine Parent, Canadian labour, feminist and aboriginal rights activist Autumn Phillips - wife of Peter ...
David Foster Wallace
The first David Foster Wallace Conference was hosted by the Illinois State University Department of English in May 2014; the ... Wallace, David Foster (April 2005). "Host". The Atlantic Monthly. Wallace, David Foster (August 2004). "Consider the Lobster" ( ... conservative talk radio host John Ziegler for The Atlantic; and a Maine lobster festival for Gourmet magazine. He also reviewed ...
Host. 2010 Planeta Pokémon. Jetix. Host. 2005-2009. My School Musical 2: Locos por el baile. Disney Channel. Host. 2008 RIS ... Host and director. 2018 Dulceweekend. [mtmad] Host., 2017, 2018. La Tele Que Los Parió. [Fórmula TV]. 2012 Metro a Metro. ... Recently, he's been working at TV shows as Todo Es Mentira and Sálvame, and he also hosted the gameshow La Casa de los Retos, ... Host. 2020 La habitación del Pánico Cuatro y Divinity Colaborador Todo Es Mentira. Cuatro. Reporter. 2019 MorninGlory. Mediaset ...
List of Eat Bulaga! segments
It is collaboratively hosted by the barangay hosts and the studio hosts. The panel of hosts in the studio commonly consists of ... The barangay hosts then go to the home address to meet the lucky winner. The winner then shares his life story to the hosts, ... The hosts will read the story of the letter sender while the actors and actresses will re-enact the story, the hosts will then ... A host blows a whistle to signal audience members to start passing and throwing beach balls all around the studio. The host ...
2021 in home video
"Host". February 2, 2021. Retrieved December 1, 2020 - via Amazon. "Jiang Ziya". February 2, 2021. Retrieved December 10, 2020 ...
Muži v offsidu
Host. p. 316. ISBN 978-80-7294-316-6. Muži v offsidu at IMDb v t e v t e. ...
"Jak jsme se hádali o autorství Slezských písní" (PDF). Host. 3/2008: 38-44. "Kdo napsal Slezské písně? Nohavica hledá ‚mladého ...
A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence | Nature Medicine
The secondary-host paradigm (a) argues that a nonhuman host is infected by a bat progenitor virus and, through adaptation, ... Both theories imply that pools of bat CoVs are limited and that host-range mutations are both random and rare, reducing the ... a,b) Traditional SARS-CoV emergence theories posit that host-range mutants (red circle) represent random and rare occurrences ... For both paradigms, spike adaptation in a secondary host is seen as a necessity, with most mutations expected to occur within ...
Killing Clothes Lice by Holding Infested Clothes Away from Hosts for 10 Days to Control Louseborne Relapsing Fever, Bahir Dah,...
When the vector of Borrelia recurrentis (Pediculus humanus lice) was held away from the host for 10 days, 100% of nymphal and ... We hypothesize that holding infested clothes away from hosts in plastic shopping bags will kill enough lice to control LBRF in ... When the vector of Borrelia recurrentis (Pediculus humanus lice) was held away from the host for 10 days, 100% of nymphal and ... Simple experiments on the effect of holding clothes away from hosts for 7 days and for 10 days might be conducted in boarding ...
... t-shirt $10. Human Host sticker $1, or free with purchase of any cd or shirt. Human Host bookmarks(ltd. edition of ... Human Host mike apichella- [email protected] News: 3/22. THE NEW HUMAN HOST WEBSITE IS UP NOW, GO TO:. WWW.HUMANHOSTMUSIC.COM ... Human Host Myspace page Baths of Power/CCS MT6 Records Southern rap news/reviews/interviews Human Conduct thorough approach to ... Human Host/Fridge A split c.d. - Baths Of Power, 8/2003, 4 tracks by each band.. $5. Invisible Arteries c.d. - Baths Of Power/ ...
Host - Wikipedia
Host may also refer to: Host, Pennsylvania, a village in Berks County Jim Host (born 1937), American businessman Michel Host ( ... multitude Cossack host, military formations of Eastern Europe Furious Host or the Wild Hunt, a European folk myth Heavenly host ... 1996 Host (Paradise Lost album), 1999 Host (network), a computer connected to the Internet or another IP-based network hosts ( ... Universal Onlines HOST webhosting service Host, an archaic military term for an army Host, a great number; ...
Heavenly host - Wikipedia
"God of Hosts"), Adonai YHWH Tzevaot ("Lord YHWH of Hosts") or, most frequently, YHWH Tzevaot ("YHWH of Hosts"). This name is ... 1901 The Summons of the Lord of Hosts Baháʼí Reference Library The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, Page 1 Baháʼí Reference ... In the Book of Joshua 5:13-15, Joshua encounters a "captain of the host of the Lord" in the early days of his campaigns in the ... Heavenly host (Hebrew: צבאות sabaoth or tzvaot, "armies") refers to the army (Luke 2:13) of angels mentioned both in the ...
Host Animals | Veterinarians | Brucellosis | CDC
HoSt/VDSCP Certified Participants | CDC
HoSt Total Testosterone Certified Assays pdf icon[PDF - 259 KB]. Certifications from 2020 (Updated December 2020) ... It is not the intent of the CDC HoSt Program to certify each lot of reagents, or to issue certification beyond the measurement ... It is not the intent of the CDC HoSt Program to certify each lot of reagents, or to issue certification beyond the measurement ... HoSt Estradiol Certified Assays pdf icon[PDF - 249 KB]. Certifications from 2020 (Updated December 2020) ...
Seth Meyers named Emmys host
NBCs new late-night host Seth Meyers was named host of the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards, which not coincidentally airs on the ... Seth Meyers named Emmys host. NBCs new late-night host Seth Meyers was named host of the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards, which not ... Seth Meyers named Emmys host NBCs new late-night host Seth Meyers was named host of the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards, which not ... NBCs new late-night host Seth Meyers was named host of the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards, which not coincidentally airs on the ...
Graft-versus-host disease - Wikipedia
A wide range of host antigens can initiate graft-versus-host-disease, among them the human leukocyte antigens (HLA). ... search of clinicaltrials.gov for Graft-versus-host disease *^ "Worlds First Stem-Cell Drug Approval Achieved in Canada". The ... Graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) is a medical complication following the receipt of transplanted tissue from a genetically ... Graft-Vs.-Host Disease: Immunology, Pathophysiology, and Treatment. Marcel Dekker, 1990 ISBN 0-8247-9728-0 ...
Nepali Host Family - Idealist
Nepali Host Family is a Non-profit volunteer Organization from Kathmandu, Nepal. We are a community organization run by ... Nepali Host Family is a Non-profit volunteer Organization from Kathmandu, Nepal. We are a community organization run by ... Nepali Host Family provides affordable volunteer programs abroad in Nepal. Cultural exchange, Nepali language course, Nepali ...
CNN Profiles - Fareed Zakaria - Host - CNN
Fareed Zakaria hosts Fareed Zakaria GPS , is editor-at-large and a columnist for TIME magazine, and a columnist for The ... Fareed Zakaria hosts Fareed Zakaria GPS , is editor-at-large and a columnist for TIME magazine, and a columnist for The ... Fareed Zakaria hosts Fareed Zakaria GPS , is editor-at-large and a columnist for TIME magazine, and a columnist for The ... In October 2010, Zakaria hosted his first-ever primetime Fareed Zakaria GPS special on CNN, "Restoring the American Dream", ...
The River Rock Club Host Application
We do NOT hire Hosts under 30 days old.. * ALL sections of this application must be filled out please. * BEFORE applying, ... If you have any questions, concerns or changes to your Host Application please feel free to contact a River Manager. ... How long have you been a host? (also, please list what clubs you have worked for) * ...
Internship host org ideas - Google Sheets
Host Print Transform (QWPZHPTR, QwpzHostPrintTransform) API
The Host Print Transform API is informed that all data has been processed. No data is passed on this call. The Host Print ... The Host Print Transform API is called with the end file (40) process option. The Host Print Transform API returns to the ... The Host Print Transform API is called with the end file (40) process option. The Host Print Transform API returns to the ... The Host Print Transform API is called with the terminate (50) process option. The Host Print Transform API cleans up any work ...
Virtual hosting - Wikipedia
When IP-based virtual hosting is used, each site (either a DNS host name or a group of DNS host names that act the same) points ... There are two main types of virtual hosting, name-based and IP-based. Name-based virtual hosting uses the host name presented ... The vast majority of web hosting service customer websites worldwide are hosted on shared servers, using virtual hosting ... This article is about virtual domain name hosting. For virtual machine hosting, see host machine. ...
Obama to Host India's Modi
co-host | Minecraft
Stylopidia Host Relationships
The most frequently collected hosts are Hemiptera and Hymenoptera. Some of the hosts of Strepsiptera are of economic importance ... Stylopidia Host Relationships. Jeyaraney Kathirithamby Parasitism by Strepsiptera is termed stylopisation. Stylopisation ... Host-parasite associations of Strepsiptera: anatomical and developmental consequences. International Journal of Insect ... lengthens the life of the host (Kathirithamby 1989) and causes loss or reduction of the external and internal genitalia in ...
French Host - Wallingford
Shes also seeking back-up families and a host family for one French girl for just the period of August 12 - 18. Expand your ... However, shes looking for a host for the groups chaperone, Nathalie:. A school teacher from Paris, Nathalie is the French ... French Host. By wallyhood on June 25, 2010 at 1:29 PM ... This would aptly be titled "Host French", but then theres no ...
Aspidogastrea Host Specificity
Host Specificity and Survival Outside the Host. Klaus Rohde Host specificity Some aspidogastreans have been recorded from few ... Page: Tree of Life Host Specificity and Survival Outside the Host Authored by Klaus Rohde. The TEXT of this page is licensed ... host species, but most have a low degree of host specificity, i.e., they infect a wide range of host species. Thus, ... Survival outside the host Digenean trematodes have been cultured in various, complex, media. However, their parasitic stages ...
Protein Metrics to Host European User Meetings
"Were delighted to host what will become annual User Meetings for our European customers starting this fall," says Eric Carlson ... "Were delighted to host what will become annual User Meetings for our European customers starting this fall." ... today announced that it is hosting two European User Meetings in London and Copenhagen in September. ...
Soccer | Hosted
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Brian White scored the first of New Yorks three second-half goals and the Red Bulls beat Inter Miami 4-1 on Wednesday night. After a turnover by Inter Miami, Omir Fernandez played a one-touch pass to White for a first-timer from the center of the area that made it 2-1 in the.... ...
Holidays | Hosted
NEW YORK (AP) - For Michelle Lynn England, back-to-school shopping always meant heading to Target and the local mall with her two girls and dropping about $500 on each of them for trendy outfits. Not this year. The Charlotte, North Carolina, woman cut her spending on clothing in half for her 10-year-old.... ...
Kubient Inc to Host Earnings Call
RFC 606 - Host names on-line
host-name,: an official host name as specified in the recent RFC 597 (NIC 20826) by NJN and JAKE. It is my understanding that ... host-name-file, ::= ,entry, , ,host-name-file, ,entry, ,entry, ::= ,data-part, ,end-of-line, Note that this produces a blank ... Host Names On-line Now that we finally have an official list of host names, it seems about time to put an end to the absurd ... the official name and host address for each host. This would be the primary content of each entry. Some information about the ...
Host Defenses to Intracellular Pathogens | SpringerLink
... and is an important one in the contemporary area of how the host interacts with micro- organisms. ... Host Response to Infection with Mycobacterium Bovis (BCG) in Mice: Genetic Study of Natural Resistance ... Microbicidal Mechanisms of Leukocytes in Host Defenses. * Oxygen Independent Microbicidal Mechanisms of Human Polymorphonuclear ... Stimulation of Host Resistance to Metastatic Tumors by Macrophage Activating Agents Encapsulated in Liposomes ...
Host-Parasite database | Natural History Museum
... detailing helminth parasites their associated host species and locality, extracted from 28,000 references. ... Host-parasite database Search the database for species of parasitic worms, their hosts and their primary citations. ... It contains lists of the helminth parasites recorded under genus of host and is fully cross-referenced with parasite-host and ... Quarter of a million host-parasite records, detailing helminth parasites their associated host species and locality, extracted ...
NOAH to host school board forums
... Jason Gonzales, [email protected] Published 6:25 p.m. CT June 24, 2016 ... NOAH to host school board forums. With the Nashville Rise school board candidate forum over, the second round of forums led by ... NOAH to host school board forums With the Nashville Rise school board candidate forum over, the second round of forums led by ... Nashville Organized for Action and Hope will host a series of forums in each board district, and its expected every board ...
Zope] SiteAccess-Apache: passing HOST header
Re: [Zope] SiteAccess-Apache: passing HOST header Simon Coles. * *Re: [Zope] SiteAccess-Apache: passing HOST head... Stephen ... Re: [Zope] SiteAccess-Apache: passing HOST header Dr. Dieter Maurer. * *Re: [Zope] SiteAccess-Apache: passing HOST header ... Zope] SiteAccess-Apache: passing HOST header Dr. Dieter Maurer Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:25:05 -0700 ... Does anybody know how to convince Apache to pass the information from the HTTP HOST header down to ZServer. This would be very ...
Graft-versus-Virtual hostsSearchParatenic hostSpeciesInteractionsBacteriaDecimal host addressParasite2002EmmysContentGvHDParasitic1989Larvae1996MainTV's25,000HostessRefers1999TissuesImmunityTurkeyInfectionPrerequisite1998SiteWorld'sSummitDiffersResidesBacterialImmune systemMeansCloudAddressNewsHumansSupportDefineProgramServerMechanismsCharityCreatureVolunteerStudentsInternationalNetworkAwarenessPresentationPrintYear'sLimitsMicrobialName-based virtualCompanyMultipleShowPeopleEventHopesRapidly
- Graft-versus-host disease ( GvHD ) is a medical complication following the receipt of transplanted tissue from a genetically different person . (wikipedia.org)
- Mouse colon impacted by acute graft-versus-host disease. (wikipedia.org)
- In the classical sense, acute graft-versus-host-disease is characterized by selective damage to the liver , skin (rash), mucosa , and the gastrointestinal tract . (wikipedia.org)
- Newer research indicates that other graft-versus-host-disease target organs include the immune system (the hematopoietic system , e.g., the bone marrow and the thymus ) itself, and the lungs in the form of immune-mediated pneumonitis  . (wikipedia.org)
- In the oral cavity , chronic graft-versus-host-disease manifests as lichen planus with a higher risk of malignant transformation to oral squamous cell carcinoma  in comparison to the classical oral lichen planus. (wikipedia.org)
- Graft-versus-host-disease-associated oral cancer may have more aggressive behavior with poorer prognosis, when compared to oral cancer in non-hematopoietic stem cell transplantation patients. (wikipedia.org)
- In the clinical setting, graft-versus-host-disease is divided into acute and chronic forms, and scored or graded on the basis of the tissue affected and the severity of the reaction. (wikipedia.org)
- The chronic form of graft-versus-host-disease (cGvHD) normally occurs after 100 days. (wikipedia.org)
- 1. Management of acute graft-versus-host disease Andrea Bacigalupo Divisione Ematologia e Trapianto di Midollo, Ospedale San Martino, Genova, Italy Summary Acute graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) is a frequent compli- cation of allogeneic haemopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) and donor lymphocyte infusions (DLI). (slideshare.net)
- Keywords: graft-versus-host disease, haemopoietic stem cell transplantation, donor lymphocyte infusion, immunosuppres- sive therapy, mesenchymal stem cells. (slideshare.net)
- Although the pathogenesis of graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) is not the aim of the present review, a few words are warranted: indeed some of the recent advances in understanding cellular and cytokine mechanisms leading to GvHD have been useful in the clinic. (slideshare.net)
- Chronic graft-versus-host disease. (nih.gov)
- Chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) remains a vexing and dangerous complication of allogeneic stem cell transplantation. (nih.gov)
- Apache was one of the first servers to support IP-based virtual hosts right out of the box. (apache.org)
- Versions 1.1 and later of Apache support both, IP-based and name-based virtual hosts (vhosts). (apache.org)
- The latter variant of virtual hosts is sometimes also called host-based or non-IP virtual hosts. (apache.org)
- Name-based virtual hosts use multiple host names for the same IP address . (wikipedia.org)
- A technical prerequisite needed for name-based virtual hosts is a web browser with HTTP /1.1 support (commonplace today) to include the target hostname in the request. (wikipedia.org)
- Virtual hosts can be " IP-based ", meaning that you have a different IP address for every web site, or " name-based ", meaning that you have multiple names running on each IP address. (apache.org)
- Read up on virtual hosts and mod_rewrite . (linuxquestions.org)
- This usually means that a paratenic host supplies nourishment to the parasite, but does not enable it to multiply or develop to a different stage. (everything2.com)
- In some cases, the parasite gets the opportunity to reenter its normal life cycle from the paratenic host, but most of the time it's a dead end . (everything2.com)
- Subject: Paratenic host? (bio.net)
- Fax 33 61 77 23 78 I define paratenic host as that host that permits the maintenance but not the development of a larval parasite. (bio.net)
- Some aspidogastreans have been recorded from few host species, but most have a low degree of host specificity, i.e., they infect a wide range of host species. (tolweb.org)
- Quarter of a million host-parasite records, detailing helminth parasites their associated host species and locality, extracted from 28,000 references. (nhm.ac.uk)
- Between 1988 and 2003 new records were entered into a computerised database which includes additional details on host-species and locality. (nhm.ac.uk)
- It is unclear to what extent individual microbial species versus interactions between them influence the host. (pnas.org)
- However, it is unclear to what extent individual species versus community interactions within the microbiome are linked to host fitness. (pnas.org)
- A species in which a parasite may survive longer than it would outside any host, but which is not necessary to the parasite's life cycle , and in which no significant development occurs. (everything2.com)
- However, the polyembryonic egg-larval endoparasitoid Copidosoma floridanum cannot employ this strategy due to its prolonged morula stage, so this species has evolved a novel approach for entering the host body that involves tissue-compatible invasion by the motile morula. (springer.com)
- The comparison of different host species, however, suggests that Trichoderma utilises stress signalling to adapt its growth morphology in a host-specific way. (uibk.ac.at)
- Our approach revealed that the same bacterial interactions that shape microbiome abundances also shape host fitness traits. (pnas.org)
- Here, we combinatorially dissect the natural microbiome of Drosophila melanogaster and reveal that interactions between bacteria shape host fitness through life history tradeoffs. (pnas.org)
- The Centre for Host-Parasite Interactions (CHPI) was created in 2003 with funding from the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Nature et technologies (FRQNT). (mcgill.ca)
- Asgari S, Rivers DB (2011) Venom proteins from endoparasitoid wasps and their role in the host-parasite interactions. (springer.com)
- The Host-Tumour Interactions Group aims to understand unique molecular mechanisms responsible for immune deviation in patients with advanced cancer. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- HIPSTeR builds on the novel phenomenological insights of T. tip and investigates the molecular mechanisms that control fungus-fungus interactions between the mycoparasite Trichoderma atroviride and plant pathogenic host fungi. (uibk.ac.at)
- Studies on infections with trypanosomes have brought much understanding of host-parasite interactions. (wur.nl)
Decimal host address1
- a decimal host address, relative to its own network ( I would assume). (ietf.org)
- In 1922 Dr H.A. Baylis, then head of what today is the Parasitic worms group, devised a Host-Parasite Catalogue in which he recorded the host-parasite associations published in the scientific literature. (nhm.ac.uk)
- It contains lists of the helminth parasites recorded under genus of host and is fully cross-referenced with parasite-host and bibliographic files. (nhm.ac.uk)
- This database includes more than a quarter of a million host-parasite records extracted from 28,000 references. (nhm.ac.uk)
- Host-Parasite Database of the Natural History Museum, London. (nhm.ac.uk)
- It differs from the intermediate host because it is not necessary for the cycle of the parasite. (bio.net)
- I tell my students that paratenic (or transport) hosts allow the parasite to persist in nature during periods of rough environmental condition under the comparative milder environment of these host. (bio.net)
- Areas of focus for CHPI research include the host-parasite interface, drug discovery, drug resistance, immunology, and the environment. (mcgill.ca)
- In The Host , a host is a human body that has been unwillingly implanted with an alien parasite. (shmoop.com)
- Antigenic variation (African trypanosomes) as well as intracellular hiding have become schoolbook examples of parasite adaptations to the host. (wur.nl)
- Infections of common carp (Cyprinus carpio) with the extracellular protozoan parasite Trypanoplasma borreli provide an excellent example of how adaptation and homeostasis are essential elements of the host-pathogen relationship. (wur.nl)
- On the one hand, host-derived nitric oxide interferes with clearance of IgM from the parasite surface and thus can be considered a protective immune reaction of the host. (wur.nl)
- Therefore host APC participate in activating donor T cells to kill host cells and the age of host APC seems relevant (in keeping with the notion that older patients have more GvHD) (Ordemann et al, 2002). (slideshare.net)
- Awmack CS, Leather SR (2002) Host plant quality and fecundity in herbivorous insects. (springer.com)
- A winner of two Emmys hosting "The $25,000 Pyramid," Clark is best known as the longtime host of TV's "American Bandstand. (variety.com)
- This allows a server hosting multiple sites behind one IP address to deliver the correct site's content. (wikipedia.org)
- GvHD is thought to be caused by donor T cells reacting against host allo-antigens: this may well be the case, but the mechanism underlying such immune reaction are quite complex (Teshima & Ferrara, 2002a). (slideshare.net)
- In most braconid and ichneumonid parasitoids, the ovipositor is inserted within the host hemocoel to lay eggs, and the hatched larvae grow and develop rapidly inside the host hemolymph as host development advances and finally consume the host tissues, leading to death of the host, which is why parasitic wasps are usually referred to as "parasitoids. (springer.com)
- Stylopisation lengthens the life of the host (Kathirithamby 1989) and causes loss or reduction of the external and internal genitalia in Delphacidae (Homoptera) (Kathirithamby 1978, 1979, 1989, 1998) (fig. 1, 2) as well as abnormality in the eggs of Segestidea novaeguineae (Bracsik) (Orthoptera: Tettigoniidae) (Kathirithamby 1998) (fig. 3). (tolweb.org)
- CWI, The National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science in the Netherlands, is one of the founders in 1989 of ERCIM, the new European host for W3C. (w3.org)
- ERCIM, established in 1989, views the hosting of the World Wide Web Consortium for the European zone as an opportunity for increasing cooperation already in existence between ERCIM members and the W3C. (w3.org)
- For example, humans can act as paratenic hosts to dog roundworm by ingesting eggs (which contain already fully-developed larvae ) contained in infested dogs' feces . (everything2.com)
- If a thusly infected human were eaten by suitable regular host animals, the larvae could complete their life cycle there. (everything2.com)
- By contrast, egg-larval endoparasitoids, such as those in the genus Ascogaster (family Braconidae), lay their eggs inside the host embryo or alternatively in the yolk of the host egg, following which the newly hatched larvae enter the host embryo. (springer.com)
- Asgari S, Hellers M, Schmidt O (1996) Host haemocyte inactivation by an insect parasitoid: transient expression of a polydnavirus gene. (springer.com)
- There are two main types of virtual hosting, name-based and IP-based. (wikipedia.org)
- But the selection continues a recent tradition of naming hosts closely associated with the network that airs TV's top awards, which unlike other major awards shows rotates each year between NBC, Fox, CBS and ABC. (usatoday.com)
- Moving to New York soon after for a fresh start, Griffin landed a gig as host of CBS-TV's "Look Up and Live," a Sunday morning religious program with Mahalia Jackson and Sidney Poitier as regular performers. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- In all, he hosted 5,500 shows and interviewed more than 25,000 guests during 23 years. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- Currently, we are looking for a host or hostess, three security officers, and a server, but in the warm weather we need a lot more manpower. (boston.com)
- Heavenly host (Hebrew: צבאות sabaoth or tzva'ot, "armies") refers to the army (Luke 2:13) of angels mentioned both in the Hebrew and Christian Bibles, as well as other Jewish and Christian texts. (wikipedia.org)
- The Messaging Server 4.0 Hosting Edition is expected to ship in the fourth quarter, while the others are expected to be available in the first quarter of 1999. (internetnews.com)
- After bone marrow transplantation, T cells present in the graft , either as contaminants or intentionally introduced into the host, attack the tissues of the transplant recipient after perceiving host tissues as antigenically foreign. (wikipedia.org)
- In immunosuppressed hosts disseminated toxoplasmosis appears to result from defects in cellular immunity that permit recrudescence of latent infection. (nih.gov)
- Within our bodies, we have a host of specialist immune cells that fight infection. (cam.ac.uk)
- Controlling and preventing infections require deep understanding of the complex interplay that occurs between the host and pathogen following infection. (hindawi.com)
- Recent advances in biotechnology have enhanced our knowledge of the complex interplay that occurs between the host and invading pathogens following infection, through understanding of the microbial virulence strategies as well as the host's approaches to combat the infection. (hindawi.com)
- Entry into the host body is a prerequisite for successful completion of the endoparasitoid life cycle. (springer.com)
- CWI has been and is actively involved in W3C Working Groups (SMIL, (X)HTML, SVG, Semantic Web, etc.), and hosts the W3C Benelux Office since 1998. (w3.org)
- ICS-FORTH, host of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Office in Greece since 1998 and pioneering contributor towards the deployment and adoption of Information Society Technologies, conducts cutting-edge Research and Development in W3C-related areas including Accessibility, the Semantic Web, and Device Independence. (w3.org)
- Netork Working Group L. Peter Deutsch Request For Comments: 606 PARC-MAXC December 1973 Host Names On-line Now that we finally have an official list of host names, it seems about time to put an end to the absurd situation where each site on the network must maintain a different, generally out-of-date, host list for the use of its own operating system or user programs. (ietf.org)
- Netscape's next-generation hosting solution will enable the world's largest service providers to deploy value-added services such as Web-based e-mail, unified messaging, hosted intranets and business-to-business e-commerce," said John Paul, senior vice president and general manager of the server product division at Netscape. (internetnews.com)
- WORLD leaders have asked Australia to host the G20 leaders summit in 2014, as plans to get Europe back on track failed but progress was made on global trade and jobs. (news.com.au)
- Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who will get to set the summit agenda, said she would consult with the state premiers on who would host the event. (news.com.au)
- The president will host a daylong summit at the White House that will include researchers, professional athletes, parents, coaches, league officials and sportscasters. (nytimes.com)
- On Tuesday, March 22, 2016-World Water Day-the Administration will host a White House Water Summit to raise awareness of the national importance of water. (lanl.gov)
- LOS ALAMOS, N.M., March 21, 2016-On Tuesday, March 22, 2016-World Water Day-the Administration will host a White House Water Summit to raise awareness of the national importance of water and to highlight new commitments and announcements that the Administration and non-Federal institutions are making to build a sustainable water future. (lanl.gov)
- For example, each of the TENEX sites to which I have access ( SRI-ARC, BBN-TENEX, USC-ISI, and PARC-MAXC) has a slightly different mapping between host names and host addresses: none is complete, and I believe each one differs in some way from the official List. (ietf.org)
- Host defense against bacterial invasion depends on phagocytosis by polymorphonuclear granulocytes and the bactericidal effect of serum, mediated in large part by complement proteins. (medscape.com)
- The evolutionary modes are also a function of the bacterial host and different proportions of temperate and lytic phages are distributed in either mode depending on the host phylum. (nature.com)
- White blood cells of the donor's immune system which remain within the donated tissue (the graft) recognize the recipient (the host) as foreign (non-self). (wikipedia.org)
- On the other hand, pathogens have evolved multiple mechanisms to combat the host immune system as they establish infections. (hindawi.com)
- We agree with Peter that the attribute list should not be construed as replacing option negotiation or any other means by which one Host discovers the properties of another, but merely as an alternative source of information that is simply and easily accessible, in machine-readable form. (ietf.org)
- Enrolling the host means you provision a keytab for it. (mail-archive.com)
- FAQ: Getting Started Questions about what hosting an event means? (earthjustice.org)
- With cloud hosting services from IBM, you can manage self-provided equipment or have IBM manage IBM-provided equipment on an enterprise-grade, scalable and security-rich hybrid cloud platform. (ibm.com)
- Improve business agility, reduce capital expense and enhance your hybrid cloud capabilities with a full suite of advanced networking, application and hosting services. (ibm.com)
- Intel IT's prior-generation cloud host hardware bill of materials utilized a blade architecture, SAS disk controller, and dual mirrored hard disk drives (HDDs) to handle the host operating system and boot processes. (intel.com)
- In our study, we found private cloud hosts based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2698 v3 utilizing an Intel® SSD for host swap cache in a memory-constrained environment were the most efficient. (intel.com)
- The tests showed that a modest increase in server cost was offset by a rise in private cloud pool hosting and virtualization performance throughput. (intel.com)
- For our cloud hosts, using the SSD as the boot drive eliminated the SAS controller and mirrored drives from our cloud host bill of materials-reducing our compute hardware cost by 4.7 percent. (intel.com)
- IP-based virtual hosting uses a separate IP address for each host name, and it can be performed with any protocol but requires a dedicated IP address per domain name served. (wikipedia.org)
- Furthermore, if the Domain Name System (DNS) is not properly functioning, it is difficult to access a virtually-hosted website even if the IP address is known. (wikipedia.org)
- the web browser will send the IP address as the host name. (wikipedia.org)
- A workaround in this case is to add the IP address and host name to the client system's hosts file . (wikipedia.org)
- Users should be careful when doing this, however, as any changes to the true mapping between host name and IP address will be overridden by the local setting. (wikipedia.org)
- Therefore, I propose that the following information be included in such a file: Of course, the official name and host address for each host. (ietf.org)
- Any system that provides name-to-address translation is encouraged ( although of course not required) to accept these names as alternatives to the official host name. (ietf.org)
- MTA SZTAKI, the Computer and Automation Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences is pleased to address the moving W3C European Host to ERCIM because of the 7 year old strong relationship. (w3.org)
- Shares of United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE: UPS) were unaffected after the company said it was the unnamed company Fox News host Tucker Carlson called out for losing what he said is a politically sensitive package.What Happened: Carlson said during his daily 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' show Wednesday that his New York office was in possession of 'a collection of confidential documents related to the Biden family. (yahoo.com)
- As of tonight, the company has no idea -- and no working theory, even -- about what happened to this trove of materials, documents that are directly relevant to the presidential campaign just six days from now,' the Fox News host said.Photo by Jim.henderson via Wikimedia. (yahoo.com)
- But The Host doesn't have exciting new technology that many sci-fi works have, even though it explores a Bad News situation. (shmoop.com)
- Although the monster does eat humans, THE HOST is largely a bloodless affair, with a few choice exceptions. (aintitcool.com)
- Below is a list of documentation pages which explain all details of virtual host support in Apache version 1.3 and later. (apache.org)
- In this paper, we argue that the end hosts are a natural enforcement point for these functions and we present Eden, an architecture for implementing network functions at end hosts with minimal network support. (microsoft.com)
- Silverman, who hosted "The Craig Silverman Show" on Saturdays mornings for more than five years, thanked Roberts for his support and said he would not back down from criticizing the Trump administration. (yahoo.com)
- When she gets transferred into a new body at the end, we learn that the host will always define her. (shmoop.com)
- The particular result depends on the program that is hosting Windows PowerShell. (microsoft.com)
- It is not the intent of the CDC HoSt Program to certify each lot of reagents, or to issue certification beyond the measurement range of 2.50-1,000 ng/dL, at this time. (cdc.gov)
- Two men shot Carvalho in the afternoon while he was hosting a program at Rádio Liberdade, which at that moment was broadcasting music, local media reported . (hrw.org)
- Graduating chefs from the MACC Chefs Culinary Arts Job Training program hosted a pop-up restaurant last month. (courant.com)
- Following their core training program the students worked with their younger peers on positive behavior exercises and also worked with the office to host a Diversity Awareness Fair for the entire school which featured booths designed to raise awareness of physical, learning, economic, racial, cultural and language differences and promote empathy for those who are different in any way. (mass.gov)
- New products unveiled today include Netscape Messaging Server 4.0 Hosting Edition host software, Netscape Delegated Administrator, a directory-based management application, and a Web-based e-mail program, Netscape Messenger Express 4.0. (internetnews.com)
- Virtual hosting is a method for hosting multiple domain names (with separate handling of each name) on a single server (or pool of servers). (wikipedia.org)
-  This allows one server to share its resources, such as memory and processor cycles, without requiring all services provided to use the same host name. (wikipedia.org)
- The price for shared web hosting is lower than for a dedicated web server because many customers can be hosted on a single server. (wikipedia.org)
- Name-based and IP-based virtual hosting can be combined: a server may have multiple IP addresses and serve multiple names on some or all of those IP addresses. (wikipedia.org)
- For instance, a blog server may host both blog1.example.com and blog2.example.com. (wikipedia.org)
- The function o f the host vis-a-vis the network ( user, server, TIP, etc. (ietf.org)
- I have Virtualbox 4.2.4 installed on OS X server 10.7.5 host. (virtualbox.org)
- The communications firm also announced that more than 75 ISPs and telcos worldwide are deploying hosted Internet and intranet services based on Netscape's server software. (internetnews.com)
- the authors described how Taenia crassiceps -excreted/secreted antigens (TcES) can modulate proinflammatory responses in macrophages by inducing regulatory posttranscriptional mechanisms and, hence, reduce detrimental outcomes in hosts running with inflammatory diseases. (hindawi.com)
- Small charity HOST is seeking friendly people who would like to learn more about other countries and cultures and share their home life with adult international students at UK universities. (warwick.ac.uk)
- But the monster-disaster film leaves its very own stomp in Bong Joon-Ho's fantastic movie, The Host (Gwoemel, or The Creature). (hindustantimes.com)
- At its core, South Korea's THE HOST is a monster movie, but the secret of why it succeeds only partially has to do with its hideously realized creature. (aintitcool.com)
- The first clue that THE HOST is unlike so many other monster movies is that the creature appears right at the beginning of the film, in broad daylight. (aintitcool.com)
- A pair of Bloomfield Hills students had an idea last summer that it would be pretty cool to host a gubernatorial forum. (freep.com)
- CIEE is looking for host homes for our exchange students who arrive in January. (idealist.org)
- Many Warwick students have benefitted from the HOST scheme over the years, with much positive feedback about their experience. (warwick.ac.uk)
- In October 2010, Zakaria hosted his first-ever primetime Fareed Zakaria GPS special on CNN, "Restoring the American Dream", featuring exclusive interviews with four global CEOs and offering rare insights to the international economic crisis. (cnn.com)
- Hosting the G20 will allow Australia to set and shape the international agenda on issues of fundamental importance to our national interest, including the health of the global economy, financial regulation, trade, jobs and clean energy,' she said. (news.com.au)
- VOA's Stephanie Ho reports from Beijing China also announced it is hosting the next round of international talks on Iran. (voanews.com)
- Could you host an international student for a day or weekend visit? (warwick.ac.uk)
- NBC's new late-night host Seth Meyers was named host of the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards, which not coincidentally airs on the network this year. (usatoday.com)
- Network Working Group M.D. Kudlick RFC # 608 SRI-ARC NIC # 21256 January 10, 1974 HOST NAMES ON-LINE We at the NIC agree with Peter Deutsch's suggestion (in RFC# 606 / NIC# 21246) that the NIC maintain an online ASCII text file of Host names, addresses, and attributes. (ietf.org)
- The characters used in the Network Name are drawn from the same character set as those in the Host Name, with the same constraints [except the length] as listed above. (ietf.org)
- for ARPANET Hosts there will be no Network Name prefix. (ietf.org)
- HOSTS.TXT Using this pathname with an FTP process will enable anyone, of course, to retrieve the file for use at any Network Host. (ietf.org)
- There was significant increase in performance when contrasted to relying on storage area network (SAN)-based storage for host swap cache. (intel.com)
- By leveraging UCE or Hosted Collaboration, businesses can ease network management issues and reduce the need for business travel, according to the company. (eweek.com)
- When you host your event for Earthjustice, you provide an important platform for spreading awareness about our work to protect the environment and healthy communities. (earthjustice.org)
- DELOS digital library initiative) of ERCIM and hopes the new relation - SZTAKI as W3C Hungarian Office and ERCIM as W3C European Host - will drive W3C Membership and awareness in using W3C technologies in Hungary. (w3.org)
- The presentation of host antigens by host APC can be further enhanced by host gamma/delta T cells, as recently shown in the mouse (Maeda et al, 2005). (slideshare.net)
- Hosting a Group Presentation is a social event! (arbonne.com)
- We love our Hosts, and we value the time and effort involved in hosting a Presentation. (arbonne.com)
- Arbonne Hosts are rewarded in three ways, based on the total Qualifying Volume (QV) for your Group Presentation and a minimum of three orders. (arbonne.com)
- Host Rewards must be redeemed in one order within 17 days of the Group Presentation date. (arbonne.com)
- When the Group Presentation total QV is 500 or more, Hosts that are a Preferred Client or Client will receive free shipping for products selected as the Host Rewards. (arbonne.com)
- ILE, QwpzHostPrintTransform) API provides an interface to the host print transform (HPT) function. (ibm.com)
- The host print transform transforms SCS or AFP™ data to ASCII data. (ibm.com)
- For informational purposes, two sample flows are given to show the interaction between the caller and the Host Print Transform API. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API is called with the initialize (10) process option. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API sets any initial information and returns to the caller. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API determines if it will transform the spooled file and returns to the caller an indication whether it will transform the spooled file. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API is called with the transform data (30) process option and the data to be transformed. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API transforms the data and passes back the transformed data to the caller. (ibm.com)
- This step happens repeatedly until the entire spooled file has been passed to the Host Print Transform API. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API also can be called with the maintain state (34) process option or the transform pages (36) process option. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API returns to the caller any remaining data to be sent to the printer. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API cleans up any work spaces that it has created and returns to the caller. (ibm.com)
- The Host Print Transform API checks to see that the iCTT transform service is available and determines if it will transform the spooled file. (ibm.com)
- This year's League of Legends 2015 World Championships will be hosted by a variety of cities across multiple European countries. (flickr.com)
- The Balboa Bay Club, which hosted last year's tournament, informed the section office in September that it wasn't interested in staging the event this year. (latimes.com)
- On the other hand, it is essential that the host limits the risks associated with the production of nitric oxide, preventing suppressive effects on lymphocyte proliferation. (wur.nl)
- All animals have associated microbial communities called microbiomes that influence the physiology and fitness of their host. (pnas.org)
- Name-based virtual hosting uses the host name presented by the client. (wikipedia.org)
- In particular, there are significant difficulties using name-based virtual hosting with SSL/TLS . (wikipedia.org)
- The biggest issue with name-based virtual hosting is that it is difficult to host multiple secure websites running SSL/TLS . (wikipedia.org)
- MY ) (' Ming Yang ' or the 'Company'), a leading wind energy solution provider in China , is pleased to announce that the Company will host a reception on April 20, 2015 , at 6:00 pm (Eastern). (prnewswire.com)
- Hagerman & Company, Inc. will host a free Autodesk Simulation Mechanical for FEA workshop on Thursday, August 15th at 2 p.m. in the Hagerman St. Louis office. (prweb.com)
- Hagerman & Company, Inc., one of the nation's largest Autodesk value-added resellers, will host a free workshop focusing on the benefits of Autodesk Simulation Mechanical for FEA software. (prweb.com)
- Griffin's influence resonates through myriad industries: He began his career in the 1940s as a singer, then became a Warner Bros. contract actor, starred on Broadway, segued to TV host, created TV game shows, started a production company and eventually owned hotels, casinos, radio stations and more. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- For example, the company Jim's Bikes, at www.jimsbikes.com, creates the host name europe.jimsbikes.com for its European factory. (networksolutions.com)
- The company can easily create new names for the same host by creating CNAME records for Scotland, Ireland, and Great Britain to the alias Europe. (networksolutions.com)
- Netscape Communications Corp. is the latest company to offer new hosting solutions for ISPs, as it announced today new products and alliances to augment service to its ISP customers. (internetnews.com)
- It is also very common for a single entity to want to use multiple names on the same machine so that the names can reflect services offered rather than where those services happen to be hosted. (wikipedia.org)
- CNAME records are helpful when pointing multiple domain names to the same host. (networksolutions.com)
- Merv Griffin, the mogul who hosted an eponymous talk show for more than 20 years, created the globally popular game shows "Jeopardy! (hollywoodreporter.com)
- But Griffin became a household name as host of "The Merv Griffin Show," created by NBC in 1962. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- He then hosted the "CBS Morning Show" and became a regular guest on "The Jack Paar Show," "The Arthur Murray Show" and others. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- By 1957, he was commuting to Miami to host a show called "Going Places. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- Former CNN talk show host Larry King died Saturday morning at age 87, following a recent battle with COVID-19. (yahoo.com)
- A host is a person responsible for guests at an event or for providing hospitality during it. (wikipedia.org)
- Planning Guide A step-by-step guide, with checklists and tips, for hosting a event. (earthjustice.org)
- Why should I host an event? (earthjustice.org)
- What is my responsibility as an event host? (earthjustice.org)
- It's something we don't need at a private club," said Ogle, who added the club might be interested in hosting the event in the future. (latimes.com)
- Michael Goldman Brown Jr., a senior at the high school, said he first had the idea of a forum in August, turning it into reality earlier this year and hopes to host another forum featuring the Republican candidates for governor and yet another after the primary election with the two major party candidates. (freep.com)
- Our current investigations indicate that T. atroviride exploits cell polarity stress signals, elicited by host defence responses to stop the mycoparasitic attack, to rapidly re-polarise and switch to a new aggressive growth strategy to target the host. (uibk.ac.at)