Kenya: A republic in eastern Africa, south of ETHIOPIA, west of SOMALIA with TANZANIA to its south, and coastline on the Indian Ocean. Its capital is Nairobi.NewsNewspapers: Publications printed and distributed daily, weekly, or at some other regular and usually short interval, containing news, articles of opinion (as editorials and letters), features, advertising, and announcements of current interest. (Webster's 3d ed)Mass Media: Instruments or technological means of communication that reach large numbers of people with a common message: press, radio, television, etc.Truth Disclosure: Truthful revelation of information, specifically when the information disclosed is likely to be psychologically painful ("bad news") to the recipient (e.g., revelation to a patient or a patient's family of the patient's DIAGNOSIS or PROGNOSIS) or embarrassing to the teller (e.g., revelation of medical errors).Journalism, Medical: The collection, writing, and editing of current interest material on topics related to biomedicine for presentation through the mass media, including newspapers, magazines, radio, or television, usually for a public audience such as health care consumers.Television: The transmission and reproduction of transient images of fixed or moving objects. An electronic system of transmitting such images together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible light rays and audible sound. (From Webster, 3rd ed)Journalism: The collection, preparation, and distribution of news and related commentary and feature materials through such media as pamphlets, newsletters, newspapers, magazines, radio, motion pictures, television, and books. While originally applied to the reportage of current events in printed form, specifically newspapers, with the advent of radio and television the use of the term has broadened to include all printed and electronic communication dealing with current affairs.Public Opinion: The attitude of a significant portion of a population toward any given proposition, based upon a measurable amount of factual evidence, and involving some degree of reflection, analysis, and reasoning.Malaria: A protozoan disease caused in humans by four species of the PLASMODIUM genus: PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM VIVAX; PLASMODIUM OVALE; and PLASMODIUM MALARIAE; and transmitted by the bite of an infected female mosquito of the genus ANOPHELES. Malaria is endemic in parts of Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Oceania, and certain Caribbean islands. It is characterized by extreme exhaustion associated with paroxysms of high FEVER; SWEATING; shaking CHILLS; and ANEMIA. Malaria in ANIMALS is caused by other species of plasmodia.Communications Media: The means of interchanging or transmitting and receiving information. Historically the media were written: books, journals, newspapers, and other publications; in the modern age the media include, in addition, radio, television, computers, and information networks.Communication: The exchange or transmission of ideas, attitudes, or beliefs between individuals or groups.Radio: The transmission and reception of electric impulses or signals by means of electric waves without a connecting wire, or the use of these waves for the wireless transmission of electric impulses into which sound is converted. (From Webster's 3d)Africa, Eastern: The geographical area of Africa comprising BURUNDI; DJIBOUTI; ETHIOPIA; KENYA; RWANDA; SOMALIA; SUDAN; TANZANIA; and UGANDA.Health Communication: The transfer of information from experts in the medical and public health fields to patients and the public. The study and use of communication strategies to inform and influence individual and community decisions that enhance health.Bibliometrics: The use of statistical methods in the analysis of a body of literature to reveal the historical development of subject fields and patterns of authorship, publication, and use. Formerly called statistical bibliography. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)Rural Population: The inhabitants of rural areas or of small towns classified as rural.Anopheles: A genus of mosquitoes (CULICIDAE) that are known vectors of MALARIA.Information Dissemination: The circulation or wide dispersal of information.Physician-Patient Relations: The interactions between physician and patient.Permethrin: A pyrethroid insecticide commonly used in the treatment of LICE INFESTATIONS and SCABIES.Bedding and Linens: Articles of cloth, usually cotton or rayon and other synthetic or cotton-blend fabrics, used in households, hospitals, physicians' examining rooms, nursing homes, etc., for sheets, pillow cases, toweling, gowns, drapes, and the like.Antimalarials: Agents used in the treatment of malaria. They are usually classified on the basis of their action against plasmodia at different stages in their life cycle in the human. (From AMA, Drug Evaluations Annual, 1992, p1585)Public Relations: Relations of an individual, association, organization, hospital, or corporation with the publics which it must take into consideration in carrying out its functions. Publics may include consumers, patients, pressure groups, departments, etc.Malaria, Falciparum: Malaria caused by PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM. This is the severest form of malaria and is associated with the highest levels of parasites in the blood. This disease is characterized by irregularly recurring febrile paroxysms that in extreme cases occur with acute cerebral, renal, or gastrointestinal manifestations.Eyebrows: Curved rows of HAIR located on the upper edges of the eye sockets.New YorkNew York CityBetapapillomavirus: A genus of DNA viruses in the family PAPILLOMAVIRIDAE, causing cutaneous lesions in humans. Infections exist in latent form in the general population and are activated under conditions of IMMUNOSUPPRESSION.Cellular Phone: Analog or digital communications device in which the user has a wireless connection from a telephone to a nearby transmitter. It is termed cellular because the service area is divided into multiple "cells." As the user moves from one cell area to another, the call is transferred to the local transmitter.Computers, Handheld: A type of MICROCOMPUTER, sometimes called a personal digital assistant, that is very small and portable and fitting in a hand. They are convenient to use in clinical and other field situations for quick data management. They usually require docking with MICROCOMPUTERS for updates.Word Processing: Text editing and storage functions using computer software.Democracy: A system of government in which there is free and equal participation by the people in the political decision-making process.Droughts: Prolonged dry periods in natural climate cycle. They are slow-onset phenomena caused by rainfall deficit combined with other predisposing factors.Pensions: Fixed sums paid regularly to individuals.Ross River virus: A species of ALPHAVIRUS associated with epidemic EXANTHEMA and polyarthritis in Australia.Sperm Banks: Centers for acquiring and storing semen.Tissue Banks: Centers for acquiring, characterizing, and storing organs or tissue for future use.AfricaViolence: Individual or group aggressive behavior which is socially non-acceptable, turbulent, and often destructive. It is precipitated by frustrations, hostility, prejudices, etc.Domestic Violence: Deliberate, often repetitive physical, verbal, and/or other types of abuse by one or more members against others of a household.Battered Women: Women who are physically and mentally abused over an extended period, usually by a husband or other dominant male figure. Characteristics of the battered woman syndrome are helplessness, constant fear, and a perceived inability to escape. (From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 3d ed)Sex Offenses: Any violation of established legal or moral codes in respect to sexual behavior.Convolvulaceae: The morning glory family of flowering plants, of the order Solanales, which includes about 50 genera and at least 1,400 species. Leaves are alternate and flowers are funnel-shaped. Most are twining and erect herbs, with a few woody vines, trees, and shrubs.Mobile Health Units: Movable or portable facilities in which diagnostic and therapeutic services are provided to the community.Crime Victims: Individuals subjected to and adversely affected by criminal activity. (APA, Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 1994)Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.Foxes: Any of several carnivores in the family CANIDAE, that possess erect ears and long bushy tails and are smaller than WOLVES. They are classified in several genera and found on all continents except Antarctica.Social Stigma: A perceived attribute that is deeply discrediting and is considered to be a violation of social norms.Stereotyping: An oversimplified perception or conception especially of persons, social groups, etc.Famous PersonsFederal Government: The level of governmental organization and function at the national or country-wide level.
List of national instruments (music)
Verjee, Zain (August 30, 1999). "Journey through a rhythm nation". Kenya. BBC News. Retrieved February 19, 2008. Radano, Ronald ... 15". UMUC News. University of Minnesota, Crookston. Archived from the original on December 25, 2007. Retrieved December 17, ... ISBN 0-415-96800-3. Much of Kenya's music is derivative of other Afropop forms, most obviously Congolese, but the singing, high ... Sheeter, Laura (October 29, 2005). "Latvia celebrates national instrument". BBC News. Retrieved December 17, 2007. Latvia's ...
State of Somaliland
"How Britain said farewell to its Empire". BBC News. 2010-07-23. "Country Profile". Government of Somaliland. Retrieved 2010-02- ... d) South south-west; Kenya. (e) East; Indian Ocean." UN in Action: Reforming Somaliland's Judiciary "Somaliland Marks ... ISBN 978-90-04-13655-7. "Regions and Territories: Somaliland". BBC News. 2009-09-25. Retrieved 2010-02-02. "Somaliland: An ...
Nigerian presidential election, 2011
Kenya. 20 April 2011. Retrieved 21 April 2011. Purefoy, Christian (19 April 2011). "Widespread election violence erupts in ... "Nigeria Elections postponed for second time". Aljazeera News. 3 April 2011. "Jonathan rival rejects vote result as thousands ... "Nigerians vote in presidential election". BBC News. 16 April 2011. Johnnie Carson (28 April 2011). "The Recent Elections in ... "Nigeria to hold presidential election on 9 April". BBC News. 23 November 2010. Nigeria's General Elections Postponed From ...
List of musical instruments by Hornbostel-Sachs number: 321.21
"Standard Digital News - Mobile Site , Kenya ::". Standardmedia.co.ke. 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2014-01-18. http://www.the-star.co. ... In December 2014, Ndegwa Muhoro, the Kenya CID Chief, ordered the arrest of Robert Alai for allegedly sharing President Uhuru ... ke/news/ndegwa-muhoro-orders-arrest-blogger-robert-alai-allegedly-sharing-uhurus-contacts-twitter "Blogger Alai charged with ... undermining Uhuru - Nairobi News". nairobinews.co.ke. "Twitter / Account Suspended". twitter.com. Techmtaa.Com. ...
Elections in Nigeria
Aljazeera News. 3 April 2011. "Jonathan rival rejects vote result as thousands flee Nigeria unrest". Daily Nation. Kenya. 20 ... "Nigeria election 'worst ever seen'", SMH News, 24 April 2007. "Huge win for Nigeria's Yar'Adua", BBC News, 23 April 2007. " ... "Nigeria to hold presidential election on 9 April". BBC News. 23 November 2010. Nigeria's General Elections Postponed From ... West African News". Allwestafrica.com. 2010-09-24. Retrieved 2011-04-19. "Nigeria to hold presidential election on 9 April". ...
Outline of Somaliland
d) South south-west; Kenya. (e) East; Indian Ocean." Gettleman, Jeffrey (2009-06-02). "No Winner Seen in Somalia's Battle With ... "How Britain said farewell to its Empire". BBC News. 2010-07-23. Encyclopædia Britannica, The New Encyclopædia Britannica, ( ... d) South south-west; Kenya. (e) East; Indian Ocean." "Somaliland Marks Independence After 73 Years of British Rule" (fee ... Find more aboutSomalilandat Wikipedia's sister projects Definitions from Wiktionary Media from Wikimedia Commons News from ...
Nairobi, Kenya. "Afro-Anglican Parlay Agrees On Statement". www.episcopalarchives.org. Episcopal News Service. 11 July 1985. ... Nairobi, Kenya. "Georgia pastor bound for Liberia to help brother lead country". Augusta Chronicle. Augusta, Georgia. 15 ... Nairobi, Kenya. House of Representatives, Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on Africa (23 July 1973). "Minority Rule ... "Burgess Carr, former All Africa Council leader, dies at 76". Episcopal News Service. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 18 May 2017. House ...
Mombasa-Nairobi Standard Gauge Railway
"Kenya opens Nairobi-Mombasa Madaraka Express railway". BBC News. Retrieved 31 May 2017. "Mombasa - Nairobi standard gauge ... NTV Kenya. Mwita, Weitere (3 December 2016). "Funds for SGR phase II to be in by January 2016, assures state". The Star, Kenya ... "Kenya to maintain sections of metre gauge rail". The East African. "Kenya, China sign standard gauge railway agreement". Daily ... In 2011, Kenya signed a memorandum of understanding with the China Road and Bridge Corporation to build a standard gauge ...
List of territorial disputes
"Sierra Leone government takes media to disputed border with Guinea". News Kenya. Archived from the original on 2014-03-05. "UN ... Missing or empty ,title= (help) "Breaking News, World News & Multimedia". Retrieved 30 June 2017. Maasho, Aaron (June 16, 2017 ... "Fakta Sejarah Tunjukkan Pulau Pasir Milik Indonesia - ANTARA News". Antara News (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-01-14. Merdeka. ... IBRU Boundary News, August 22, 2016. Retrieved January 9, 2017. Kivimäki, Timo (30 June 2017). "War Or Peace in the South China ...
"KENYA: Wedding Pictures of Citizen's TV Janet Mbugua and husband Eddie Ndichu **Glamorous**". Africa Gossip News. Retrieved 9 ... She was a leading anchor at Citizen prime time news, alongside Hussein Mohammed. She takes a new role at Kenya Red Cross ... As a news anchor she is known to have served in KTN in her earlier year of her career. She worked for Citizen TV for several ... "CITIZEN TV NEWS ANCHOR JANET MBUGUA TO DEBUT IN STAR STUDDED SERIES RUSH". Actors.co.ke. Retrieved 9 February 2016. "Watch ...
On 28 July, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) announced that more than 20,000 people had fled into Kenya to escape the ... "Ethiopia: 20,000 flee Moyale clashes - Red Cross". BBC News. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2012. "Many killed in Ethiopia ... Liban Golicha (28 July 2012). "12 killed as communities clash at border". Homex Kenya. Retrieved 28 July 2012. "Ambush in ... on the border with Kenya. The fighting appeared to be caused by a long-standing dispute over land possession, exacerbated by ...
Gulf Air destinations
Kenya News. Retrieved 2013-10-22. "Gulf Air to terminate flights to Kathmandu MYREPUBLICA.com - News in Nepal: Fast, Full & ... http://www.bna.bh/portal/en/news/724109 "Gulf Air to fly to Tbilisi, Georgia, in July". Bahraini News Agency (BNA). 17 January ... THE WEEK news in English in Nepal". Myrepublica.com. 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2013-10-22. "Gulf Air Adds New Routes to Pakistan ... http://www.zawya.com/story/Gulf_Air_to_Resume_Flights_to_Shiraz-ZAWYA/ https://news.yahoo.com/bahrain-39-gulf-air-resume- ...
William Odongo Omamo
"Former minister Omamo dies". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 9 February 2016. "Former Kenya MP Omamo dies". Daily Nation. 27 ... After Kenya gained independence he became the first African principal of Egerton College, which has since become a university ... His rib-tickling humour brought forth a lovable shade to his stance as one of the forefront politicians of 1980s Kenya. He left ... One of the most prominent is Raychelle Omamo, a former Law Society of Kenya chairperson and former ambassador to France who was ...
A woman was arrested for threatening people with a knife at a Canadian Tire store in Toronto on Saturday, and Global News has ... Bruce, Kenya; Mendoza, Nicolette (10 December 2013). "Cedarbrae Mall renovations confusing shoppers". The Toronto Observer. ... "One In Custody After Stabbing At Cedarbrae Mall". City News. 10 December 2008. Retrieved 7 September 2014. Shum, David. "Woman ... CBC News. Archived from the original on June 6, 2017. Rehab Dughmosh, 32, has been charged with two counts of assault with a ...
"Sierra Leone government takes media to disputed border with Guinea". News Kenya. ... "Guinea-Sierra Leone 'deal' to end Yenga dispute". BBC News. 2 August 2012. Yenga, is a village within Sierra Leone believed to ... Pambazuka News. "Sierra Leone: Guinea, Sierra Leone Demilitarize Yenga". All Africa. 28 July 2012. " ...
Bids for the 2020 Summer Olympics
"ROMA 2020 - Sala Stampa e News - News". 2020roma.it. Retrieved 2 May 2011. Simpson, Victor. "Rome's 2020 Olympic bid scrapped ... "Bidding for the Games- 100 Days to 2018 Decision; Annecy Protests; Kenya Bidding". Aroundtherings.com. 28 March 2011. Retrieved ... "Delhi will bid for 2020 Olympics". BBC News. 28 April 2007. "India Won't Bid For 2020 Games". Gamesbids.com. Archived from the ... "IOC ponders 2020 autumn Olympics". BBC News. 26 August 2011. "Exclusive: Las Vegas submitted 2020 Olympic bid to IOC without ...
"The Abaga Brothers - M.I & Jesse Jagz Cover 12th Issue Of Tush Magazine , Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria , Laila's Blog". ... "Victoria Kimani on Tush Nigeria". Kenya Buzz. "Rich & Famous: Tush Magazine Celebrates Its Tenth Issue Featuring Praiz On Its ... "Beverly Naya, Ycee For Tush Magazine's Latest Issue". PM News. Retrieved 2017-06-04. Stephany. "DJ SPINALL AND ACTRESS KEHINDE ...
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1918
"UN backs tougher stance against Somali piracy". BBC News. April 27, 2010. "UN Security Council to tackle piracy". NTV Kenya. ... The efforts of Kenya, the Seychelles and other states were praised following the prosecution of pirates in their countries, ... Kenya, the Seychelles and other countries in the region to convict pirates. The resolution welcomed efforts by the European ...
Nairobi, Kenya. p. 1. Retrieved 7 February 2015. Makana, Fred. "Kabete MP George Muchai accuses COTU of misusing Sh190 billion ... workers money". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 2015-07-20. "Waititu sworn in as Kabete MP". Retrieved 2015-07-20. "BREAKING: ... Muchai was also the Deputy Secretary General of the Central Organization of Trade Unions in Kenya. According to the Standard ... Kabete Constituency is an electoral constituency within Kiambu County in Kenya that closely neighbors Westlands Constituency in ...
Calist Andrew Mwatela
Members Of The 10th Parliament Archived 16 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine.. Parliament of Kenya. Accessed 19 June 2008. Kenya ... Standard Digital News. Retrieved 19 May 2015. ... who served as deputy governor at the Central Bank of Kenya from ... He joined active politics, vying for the Mwatate seat with the Democratic Party of Kenya, then led by former Kenyan president ... He represented Mwatate Constituency in the National Assembly of Kenya on an Orange Democratic Movement ticket. He was elected ...
Moses Otieno Kajwang
He is a member of the British Computer Society and an alumnus of Lenana School and Langata Road Primary School in Nairobi Kenya ... "Homa Bay Senator Otieno Kajwang' dies after suffering heart attack". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 2016-02-13. "ICEALION ... Moses Otieno Kajwang (02 February 1979) is the second elected Senator for Homa Bay County in Kenya and a member of the Orange ... "Parliament of Kenya - Mandate and Classification". www.parliament.go.ke. Retrieved 2016-02-13. "Bachelor of Science in ...
United Nations Development Assistance Plan
"Le'Mac Westlands, the tallest mixed use ultra modern complex in Nairobi, Kenya". Kenya News. 2015-10-01. Retrieved 2016-03-08. ... "Kenya: Nairobi's Affluence Thrust to New Heights As Le' Mac Takes Shape". AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2016-03-08. "Le'mac: Kenya's ... Kenya. Le' Mac is owned by Mark Properties, a property developer in Nairobi. The tower was financed through private equity at a ...
Hunt, Kenya. "NEXT > Lyric: Sunny Days." Vibe. November 2002: 88. Print. Reid, Shaheem. "MTV.com > News > You Hear It First". ... Reid, Shaheem (August 28, 2002). "Isyss, Lovher, TG4 & More: Meet The New R&B Girl Groups". MTV News. MTV.com. Retrieved April ... MTV News. MTV.com. Retrieved April 7, 2013. "The Explosive Next Wave Is About To Begin... > Lyric." Billboard. June 22, 2002: 7 ...
"Kenya National Team Coaches". RSSSF. Retrieved 12 September 2009. "BREAKING NEWS: LEGENDARY JOE KADENGE IN HOSPITAL". Kenya ... "Kenya Football in the 60s and 70s". Kenya Page. Archived from the original on 17 June 2010. Retrieved 12 September 2009. "Joe ... In addition, Kadenge was part of the Kenya national football team. Kadenge managed the Kenya national football team in 2002. ... Farayi Mungazi, writing for the BBC, has said that he is "regarded as the finest footballer ever produced by Kenya." Kadenge ...
He was the Minister of Agriculture in Kenya during the presidency of Jomo Kenyatta, to whom he was an adviser. He is alleged to ... "Ugandan agents killed former Cabinet minister, says dossier". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 26 September 2013. Oluoch, Fred ... Cooper, Carole (1993). Kenya: The National Epic. Nairobi: East African Publishers. p. 209. ,access-date= requires ,url= (help) ... Following his air force service, he emigrated to Kenya in 1946 and became a prominent farmer in Nakuru. In January 1976, ...
Sabrina Wanjiku Samider (born 13 April 1998) is an alpine skier from Kenya. Simader was born in Kenya, and moved to Austria ... Kimuyu, Hilary (13 January 2017). "Meet Sabriner Wanjiku, the only Kenyan going to Winter Olympics". Nairobi News. Nairobi, ... Kenya)]. Nairobi, Kenya. Retrieved 12 January 2018. "Kenyan skier Simader on fast track to 2018 Olympic downhill". Daily Mail. ... Simader represented Kenya at the Winter Youth Olympics in 2016 in Lillehammer, Norway. Simader is scheduled to compete for ...
Another source of union news is the Workers Independent News, a news organization providing radio articles to independent and ... a b c Dan La Botz U.S.-supported Economics Spurred Mexican Emigration, pt.1, interview at The Real News, 1 May 2010. ... A source of international news about unions is RadioLabour which provides daily (Monday to Friday) news reports. ... "BBC News. Retrieved 16 January 2014.. *^ "United Kingdom: Industrial relations profile". EUROPA. 15 April 2013. Archived from ...
List of aerospace engineering schools
"US News and World Report: Aerospace / Aeronautical / Astronautical Rankings". U.S. News and World Report Bsst Colleges - ... Kenya. *Technical University of Kenya - DipTech (Avionics), DipTech (Airframes & Engine), BEng (Aeronautical Engineering) ... "Research [email protected] - News Release (Volume 12 Issue 4)". Proj.ncku.edu.tw. Retrieved 2018-07-23.. ... In 2015, the U.S. News & World Report rankings for the top ten undergraduate programs were: (1) Massachusetts Institute of ...
"BBC News. Retrieved 2008-03-20.. *^ a b c Christopher Boehm (1999) "Hierarchy in the Forest: The Evolution of Egalitarian ... The now decaying glaciers of Mount Kenya, Mount Kilimanjaro, and the Ruwenzori Range in east and central Africa were larger. ... "Science News. Retrieved 2008-03-12.. *^ a b Felipe Fernandez Armesto (2003). Ideas that changed the world. Newyork: Dorling ... "Callaway, Ewen (22 September 2011), "First Aboriginal genome sequenced", Nature, Nature News, doi:10.1038/news.2011.551 ...
Abortion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Military Counterintelligence Service (Poland)
"UN News. May 6, 2019. Retrieved January 8, 2020.. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l Kolbert, Elizabeth (2014). The Sixth Extinction: ... "Northern white rhino: Last male Sudan dies in Kenya". British Broadcasting Corporation. March 20, 2018.. ... "Nature News. doi:10.1038/news.2011.184.. *^ "North American Extinctions v. World". www.thegreatstory.org. Retrieved 2016-01-31. ... "BBC Nature News. 7 May 2012. Retrieved 8 May 2012.. *^ a b c Smith, F. A.; Elliot, S. M.; Lyons, S. K. (23 May 2010). "Methane ...
Barbados-United States relations
Baháʼí Faith by country
a b Baháʼí World News Service 1992. *^ a b c d e f BWC Stats 2001. sfn error: multiple targets (2×): CITEREFBWC_Stats2001 (help ... Kenya, Viet Nam, Congo DR, Philippines, Zambia, South Africa, Iran and Bolivia, ranging upwards from 232,000 to just over 2 ... News reports. *. Baháʼí World News Service (1992). "How many Baháʼís are there?". The Baháʼís. Baháʼí International ... Baháʼí World News Service (2017). "Statistics". Baháʼí International Community. Retrieved 2017-07-05.. CS1 maint: ref=harv ( ...
Corruption in Malaysia
A Leveraged Freedom Chair wheelchair user in Kenya. The chair has been engineered to be low-cost and usable on the rough roads ... "British made 'Carbon Black' a wheelchair revolution , News , Medilink, Yorkshire and Humber - British made 'Carbon Black' a ... It is under development, and has been tested in Kenya and India so far. ...
World Health Assembly
"BBC News. 23 May 2013.. *^ a b Saey, Tina Hesman (27 February 2013). "Scientists race to understand deadly new virus: SARS-like ... Argentina, Austria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Grenada, Guyana, Kenya, Singapore, Tajikistan, Tonga, Tunisia, United Arab ... "Science News. 183 (6). p. 5.. *^ Zaki, Ali Mohamed; et al. (8 November 2012). "Isolation of a novel coronavirus from a man with ... "World Health Assembly" - news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template ...
"BBC News. 23 November 2009. Archived from the original on 8 September 2017. Retrieved 23 November 2009.. ... Two recent outbreaks in Kenya (1992-1993) and Sudan (2003 and 2005) involved the East African genotype, which had remained ... News Release". World Health Organization. 16 October 2017. Retrieved 2 September 2018.. ...
"BBC News - Kenya appeals to UK not to ban khat". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 3 April 2014.. ... "BBC News. Retrieved 26 January 2014.. *^ Marshall, Tim (15 January 2010). "Sky News report on Yemen's Qat". Sky News. Retrieved ... "BBC News. 3 July 2013.. *^ "BBC News - Khat: What impact will UK herb stimulant ban have?". BBC News. Retrieved 24 January 2014 ... "Gulf News. Gulf News. Retrieved 1 December 2017.. *^ Gatter, Peer (2012). Politics of Qat - The Role of a Drug in Ruling Yemen ...
"BBC News. Retrieved April 6, 2010.. *^ "Half of all food 'wasted' report claims". BBC. January 10, 2013. Retrieved January 10, ... Mexico's population grew from 13.6 million in 1900 to about 112 million in 2010. Between the 1920s and 2000s, Kenya's ... "BBC News. August 24, 2006. Retrieved April 14, 2012.. *^ "US population through history". About.com. Retrieved April 14, 2012. ... "UN News Centre. June 14, 2013. Retrieved June 16, 2013.. *^ "A model predicts that the world's populations will stop growing in ...
List of largest mammals
News.yahoo.com (2011-11-15) *^ Rinderknecht, A.; Blanco, R. E. (2008). "The largest fossil rodent". Proceedings of the Royal ... known only from the Udzungwa Mountains of Tanzania and Kenya. This elephant shrew can range up to 0.75 kg (1.7 lb) and a length ... News.nationalgeographic.com (2010-10-28) *^ Jones, M. E.; Cockburn, A.; Hamede, R.; Hawkins, C.; Hesterman, H.; Lachish, S.; ... News.nationalgeographic.com *^ "The Largest Known Bear, Arctotherium angustidens, from the Early Pleistocene Pampean Region of ...
ABC News, FOX News, The Times, The New York Times, the South African Broadcasting Corporation, and the Canadian Broadcasting ... Ivory Coast, Nigeria, and Kenya were exceptions as their rulers were themselves large cash-crop producers, and the newly ... CBS News. *^ "UN endorses plan to leave president in office beyond mandate" Archived 15 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine, IRIN, ... The BBC usually uses "Ivory Coast" both in news reports and on its page about the country. The Guardian newspaper's style ...
"BBC News. 25 June 2003. Retrieved 28 July 2006.. *^ Dubrin, Beverly (1 October 2010). Tea Culture: History, Traditions, ... Tea production in Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda has been reported to make use of child labor according to the U.S ... "CBC News. Retrieved 26 March 2015.. *^ Borreli, Lizette (22 August 2013). "Could Tea Be Bad For You? 5 Tea Ingredients That Are ... Kenya, Sri Lanka, and Turkey were other major producers. ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
"BBC NEWS - Africa - Britain's 'Guantanamo Bay'".. *^ Grob-Fitzgibbon, Benjamin: Imperial Endgame: Britain's Dirty Wars and the ... Finally, Britain still had alternative locations such as Egypt, Libya, and Kenya to base its troops. ... "The Sydney Morning Herald - Google News Archive Search".. *^ Segev, Tom (2001). One Palestine, Complete; Jews and Arabs under ... "Toledo Blade - Google News Archive Search".. *^ "Acre Jail Break". Britains-smallwars.com. Archived from the original on 2008- ...
"BBC News. January 31, 2007. Retrieved March 12, 2012.. *^ "Chinese Chemicals Flow Unchecked to World Drug Market" article ... "Kenya plans national roll-out of mobile anti-counterfeiting tech". Securingpharma.com. Retrieved March 12, 2012.. ... Sample news report here: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 27, 2008. Retrieved May 17, 2010.. CS1 maint ... This regulatory lack, which has resulted in considerable international news coverage unfavorable to China, has been known for a ...
United States Department of State
National Museum of Health and Medicine
Order of the Rising Sun
"Anime News Network. 28 April 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2015.. *^ Anime News Network: "Frederik L. Schodt Wins The Order of the ... Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Japan: Wangari Maathai Archived 18 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine, 2009. ... Central News Agency. "Taiwanese aquatic breeding expert wins Japan's Nikkei Asia Prize". taiwannews.com.tw. Taiwan News. ... "NEWS REPORT:Campus Now:WASEDA ONLINE". www.yomiuri.co.jp.. *^ "The Marquess Komura; A Notable Career," The Times (London). 25 ...
English language in southern England
DR Congo national football team
Homo habilis - Wikipedija
National Geographic News. pristupljeno 15. veljače 2008.. *↑ James Urquhart. "Finds test human origins theory Finds test human ... New York Times u članku Fossils in Kenya Challenge Linear Evolution objavljeno 9. kolovoza 2007. piše: "Scientists who dated ... kolovoza 2007.). "Implications of new early Homo fossils from Ileret, east of Lake Turkana, Kenya". Nature 448 (broj 7154): str ... Kenya". Nature svezak 448 (broj 7154): str. 688.-691.. "A partial maxilla assigned to H. habilis reliably demonstrates that ...
Centre Party (Finland)
"San Diego Gay & Lesbian News. Retrieved 24 August 2019.. *^ "Lesbian Flag, Sadlesbeandisaster". Majestic Mess. April 2019. ... and Kenya. The Hausa people of Sudan have a term equivalent to lesbian, kifi, that may also be applied to males to mean " ... "New York Daily News.. *. Ditum, Sarah (11 July 2018). "Why were lesbians protesting at Pride? Because the LGBT coalition leaves ... Both Lister and Eleanor Butler were considered masculine by contemporary news reports, and though there were suspicions that ...
kenya - New York Daily News
Kenya faces sanctions for a riot that stopped play for more than 30 minutes on Sunday and forced police to fire tear gas into ... Kenya is struggling to battle the groups recruitment of the countrys youths. At least 20 Kenyan young people have travelled ... Device that forced Air France flight to make an emergency landing in Kenya was a false alarm and not a bomb, airline CEO says ... A small plane crash in Kenyas Great Rift Valley region claimed the lives of all five people on board, including at least three ...
News and Views
Kenya Live Blog: COVID-19. May 22, 2020 , [homepage], News. UNHCR, Government, donors, partners and refugees are all partnering ... Soap maker in Kenya refugee camp lowers prices to fight COVID-19. May 20, 2020 , [homepage], News, Stories ... UNHCR and humanitarian agencies strengthen health response in Kenya refugee camps. May 20, 2020 , News, Press Releases ... UNHCR Kenya Statement on false claims about transfer of refugees from Kakuma to Nairobi. Jul 3, 2020 , [homepage], Press ...
Citizen News Kenya on the App Store
... and learn more about Citizen News Kenya. Download Citizen News Kenya and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. ... Be the first to get the latest news from Kenya and around the world. Whether its breaking news, entertainment news, sports, ... Get breaking news alerts. =, Watch Citizen TV Live. =, Save your favorite news articles for offline reading. =, Resize ... Citizen News App for IOS has been built and designed for use on both your phone and tablet. ...
News from Kenya Self-Help Project
CLL visit Kenya - News
Kenya: Nairobi blast 'caused by bomb' - BBC News
A blast at a shopping complex in Kenyas capital, Nairobi, that injured 33 people was caused by an explosive device, the police ... In Tuesdays statement, Kenya police spokesman Eric Kiraithe said the blast was "caused by an improvised explosive device ... A blast at a shopping complex in Kenyas capital, Nairobi, that injured 33 people on Monday was caused by an explosive device, ... In recent months, al-Shabab has claimed responsibility for a string of grenade and bomb blasts across Kenya, that have killed ...
Scores die in Kenya 'revenge attack' - BBC News
At least 39 people have been killed in fresh clashes between rival communities in the Tana River district of Kenyas Coast ... www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-20807589/tana-river-clashes-dozens-killed-in-kenya-violence ... www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-20820003/scores-die-in-kenya-revenge-attack ... www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-20820003/scores-die-in-kenya-revenge-attack ...
Namanga, Kenya - Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo Weather
BBC NEWS | Africa | Kenya's vibrant and critical media
Kenyas media have been in the spotlight over their coverage of the political violence sweeping the country, and over the ... BBC Monitoring selects and translates news from radio, television, press, news agencies and the internet from 150 countries in ... Kenyas media have been in the spotlight over their coverage of the political violence sweeping the country, and over the ... blogs and forums from and about Kenya emerged as significant sources of news, information and comment. ...
BBC NEWS | Africa | Drought: Kenya's own banking crisis
Kenya: news, videos, reports and analysis - France 24
Cablegate: Kenya Economic Notes | Scoop News
Kenyas achievement of FAA Category 1 status, permitting Kenya Airways to fly direct to the U.S. (or potentially code share ... 4. (SBU) KENYA RAILWAYS: STRUGGLING TO GET BACK ON TRACK In a recent meeting with econoffs, Kenya Railway Corporations ... The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) has hired four flight operations inspectors to certify Kenya Airways new generation ... Cablegate: Kenya Economic Notes. Tuesday, 18 November 2008, 6:41 am. Cable: Wikileaks. Ref: 08NAIROBI2605 ...
News & Updates - Magical Kenya
Kenya Tourism Board. All Rights Reserved. , Magical Kenya. The Official Destination Website for Kenya. ... KENYA NAMED AFRICAS BEST GOLFING DESTINATION. Kenya has been named Africas leading golfing destination. This announcement was ... Why I Love Kenya Magazine *why I Love Kenya WILK_MAGAZINE_ISSUE_15 ... Kenya scooped the Africas Best Golf Destination 2020 category ahead of South Africa, Egypt and Morocco. At the same time, ...
KTN News Kenya - Wikipedia
KTN News Kenya is a 24-hour based television network created by the Kenya Television Network, which associates with current ... it is mostly news, updates and stories coverage and is one of the fastest growing TV stations in Kenya. It has great content ... KTN Kenya has been posting videos in YouTube since 2015 and its views have been increasing rapidly. It has created 31 playlists ... KTN Kenya also has a secondary YouTube channel, KTNClassics, the KTNClassics videos are videos that were aired live in the ...
Kenya News Agency - Wikipedia
Kenya News Agency: Products and Services Gadsden, Fay (1986-01-01). "Wartime Propaganda in Kenya: The Kenya Information Office ... The work of the Kenya News Agency as a national news gathering operation began decades earlier with the Kenya Information ... and the then newly created Kenya News Agency and Press Office. As a state-owned agency the Kenya News Agency was expected to ... The Kenya News Agency (KNA) is a government-run national news agency created in 1963. Its headquarter is in Nairobi and it is ...
Comments about 'Kenya, violence and mobile technology' | Deseret News
Kenya attack leaves several police officers dead | CBC News
After al-Shabaab attack, Kenya needs anti-terrorism policy. * Kenya university attack: Government officials missing son 1 of 4 ... The Islamic extremist group al-Shabaab has carried out several attacks in Kenya in retaliation for Kenyas military involvement ... Kenya attack leaves several police officers dead. Several Kenyan police officers were killed in an attack Monday night by ... Kenyas Daily Nation newspaper reported that at least 20 police officers were feared dead in the attack in Garissas Yumbis ...
Fake police officer shocks Kenya | Arab News
NGOs in Kenya | Pambazuka News
Is it wrong to simply give money to the poor? Will giving money turn us into enablers and make the poor entitled? We dont trust the poor to make the right choices with our money, so we do it for them. This is why it is common for aid to come with rules depending on the givers beliefs. But there is evidence that giving money to the poor empowers them to make the right choices and uplift their lives.. ...
Kenya rips down shoddy buildings after deadly collapse - AOL News
A boy watches as Kenyan authorities demolish a building in the Mathare neighbourhood of Nairobi, Kenya, May 17, 2016. Kenyas ... A woman stands in a building earmarked for demolition in the Mathare neighbourhood of Nairobi, Kenya, May 17, 2016. Kenyas ... A man stands in a building earmarked for demolition in the Mathare neighbourhood of Nairobi, Kenya, May 17, 2016. Kenyas ... A boy watches as Kenyan authorities demolish a building in the Mathare neighbourhood of Nairobi, Kenya, May 17, 2016. Kenyas ...
KENYA: PHOTO SAFARI IN THE HEART OF AFRICA | Deseret News
We are all in Kenya, in the heart of Africa. ... KENYA: PHOTO SAFARI IN THE HEART OF AFRICA. By Diana and Bill ... We, alas, require more of life than a swig of blood and a mud hut.) Mountain Lodge, in the shadow of Mount Kenya (second ... We are all in Kenya, in the heart of Africa.Suddenly, the cape buffalo stop drinking, eyes alert, their menacing horns still as ... Copyright © 2018 Deseret News Publishing Company. All rights reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Legal Notices ...
Kenya's oldest elephant dies at 50 - World News
Kenyas biggest and oldest elephant who survived numerous attacks by poachers, has died, wildlife authorities said on Feb. 6. ... Kenyas oldest elephant dies at 50. NAIROBI - Kenya. Tim, Kenyas biggest and oldest elephant who survived numerous attacks by ... "Iconic Tim, the Big Tusker is dead," said Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) spokesman Paul Udoto. "The celebrated elephant died ... laid back and loved all across Kenya and Africa. ...
Hippo history extracted from fossil teeth found in Kenya | Science News
Science News. Science News was founded in 1921 as an independent, nonprofit source of accurate information on the latest news ... News in Brief Paleontology Hippo history extracted from fossil teeth found in Kenya. Ancestors dentition reveals mammoth ... More Stories from Science News on Paleontology * Animals A tiny crustacean fossil contains roughly 100-million-year-old giant ... This article is only available to Science News subscribers. Subscribers, enter your e-mail address to access our archives. ...
Kenya's Kipyegon to miss World Indoor Championships - Xinhua | English.news.cn
Kenyas Kipyegon to miss World Indoor Championships Source: Xinhua, 2018-02-01 22:59:31,Editor: yan ... News Analysis: Sochi talks score progress, uncertainties remain. */ 05. UK PM lauds Chinas fast-growing economy in helping ... Kenya collected only two bronze medals in Eugene, Oregon in 2016. Margaret Wambui came in third in the 800m and Augustine Choge ... 1 (Xinhua) -- Kenya will have to do without 1,500m world and Olympic champion Faith Kipyegon at the World Indoor Championships ...
5 churches attacked in Kenya : News Headlines | Catholic Culture
Five Protestant churches in Mombasa, Kenyas second-largest city, were attacked following the August 27 killing of a Muslim ... Noting that "innocent worshipers were injured," the National Council of Churches of Kenya issued a statement "strongly condemn[ ... Stay on top of the latest Catholic news and analysis from CatholicCulture.org. ...
AutoExpo Kenya 2017 | TSNN Trade Show News
The rapid industrialization and modernization currently sweeping through many African countries has resulted in an increased demand for capital goods such as machinery, lubricants, spare parts, ball bearings and other automotive mechanical goods and accessories. The market for automobile spare parts, in particular, has been an attractive sector for global exporters, as Africa has witnessed a remarkable increase in imports by 30%. For 19 years, AUTOEXPO Africa has been chosen by global manufacturers and exporters as the precise platform to enter the market of the millennium Africa. 20th AUTOEXPO Africa - the largest automobiles, spares and accessories exhibition in the entire east African region is scheduled to be held from 11th - 13th April 2017. Celebrating its 20th anniversary; the leading trade exhibition for automobile, truck and bus parts, equipments, components, accessories, tools, and services continues to bring world leading manufacturers, suppliers, and service providers in touch with ...
HIV isolate from Kenya provides clues for vaccine design | EurekAlert! Science News
... according to research from Kenya and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center published in PLoS Medicine. ... More on this News Release. HIV isolate from Kenya provides clues for vaccine design. PLOS ... Breaking News. * Diet shown to reduce stroke risk may also reduce risk of depression American Academy of Neurology ... Trending Science News. * NASAs SDO reveals how magnetic cage on the sun stopped solar eruption NASA/Goddard Space Flight ...
Kenya to host global population summit in November - Xinhua | English.news.cn
Kenya launchs campaign to strengthen bid for UN Security Council seat. * UN urges Kenyas private sector to support govt to ... Kenya to host global population summit in November Source: Xinhua, 2019-09-18 21:33:33,Editor: Shi Yinglun ... Kenya will convene the high level population summit to mark the 25th anniversary since the inaugural International Conference ... NAIROBI, Sept 18 (Xinhua) -- Kenya has partnered with UN Population Fund (UNFPA) and the government of Denmark to host an ...
U.S. Senator Obama Publicly Takes AIDS Test in Kenya | Fox News
Rapes, other new allegations in Kenya's election unrest | Arab News
Kenyas opposition leader was targeted in a virulent online campaign created by a US-based company during the recent election ... Rapes, other new allegations in Kenyas election unrest /node/1209141/world Rapes, other new allegations in Kenyas election ... "Kenya: Sexual violence in 2017 elections" in Nairobi, Kenya, on Dec. 14, 2017. Kenyan security forces raped, beat and assaulted ... Voting in Kenya is often along ethnic lines, and previous elections have led to deadly violence.. The social media campaigns " ...
ArticleKenyan2018Kenya'sBreaking News2020SearchTweetELECTIONSPambazuka NewsAfrica'sElectionTwitterAirwaysSomaliaAttacksObamaObama'sPLOS MedicineEthiopiaPeopleTourism BoardWildlife ServiceMombasaNakuruKenyansRift ValleyDeadlyShillingsNaivashaStoriesElectoralKisumuMogadishuBroadcasting CorporationLatestPoliceOppositionWorld'sTouristsWorld
- The Islamic extremist group al-Shabaab has carried out several attacks in Kenya in retaliation for Kenya's military involvement in Somalia, where Kenyan troops are part of an African Union force bolstering the Western-backed central government in Mogadishu. (cbc.ca)
- Afmadow resident Hussein Osman Roble told Reuters news agency most people in the town had fled towards the Kenyan border. (bbc.com)
- Will Burrard-Lucas , who took stunning images of a black Kenyan leopard , told CBS News on Wednesday that he felt "privileged" to capture the last known shots of Kenya's "Elephant Queen. (cbsnews.com)
- The Somalia-based group has been targeting Kenya since 2011, when Kenyan troops were deployed to rid Somalia of the militants. (bbc.com)
- There are more big teams in this tournament, like Kenya and the Kenyan coach whom I interviewed earlier was him self very hopeful of winning this competition - so are you sure that you can kick Kenya out of the tourney? (newsblaze.com)
- The senator's late father was Kenyan, and many of his family, including his grandmother, still live in the tiny village of Kogelo in Western Kenya. (thaindian.com)
- Two Kenyan men plan to share one wife Ninemsn August 27, 2013: After realising they'd been in a relationship with the same woman for more than four years, two men in Kenya have written and signed a co. (newsalloy.com)
- Christian Science Monitor As elephants vanish, Kenya puts Chinese ivory smuggler in prison (+video) Christian Science Monitor Days after Kenyan leader Uhuru Kenyatta signed $5 billion in projects wit. (newsalloy.com)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon spoke today by telephone with President Uhuru Kenyatta of Kenya following the Kenyan Government's recent decision to close the Dadaab refugee camps, expressing deep appreciation for the country's decades of generosity to asylum seekers. (un.org)
- Jean Kamau, Kenyan ambassador to the United States, shared with the students that both Boston and Kenya had rough years in 2013 with terrorist attacks. (wickedlocal.com)
- Kenyan officials on Tuesday announced a partnership with the German government and European Union to fund a $22.8 million water and sanitation project targeting the urban slums of Kenya, Business Daily reports. (kff.org)
- Mr Obama's Kenyan grandmother, who is in her early 90s, still lives in Kogelo, in western Kenya, home to a number of the President's relatives. (straitstimes.com)
- Kenyan soldiers and members of an extremist Islamist militant group have been fighting each other in Somalia since Kenya invaded two months ago. (townhall.com)
- On Monday, the Islamic insurgent group al-Shabab used its Twitter feed to accuse Kenya of having a history of committing "barbarous acts" toward ethnic Somalis, and cited a 1984 massacre where human rights groups say Kenyan troops killed around 3,000 ethnically Somali men in eastern Kenya. (townhall.com)
- The pair visited and spoke to several Kenai Peninsula schools on Nov. 16-17 about their journey through education from a small village in Kenya and Mburu's creation of a foundation to help Kenyan children go to school. (homernews.com)
- LANET UMOJA, Kenya - When the administrative chief of this western Kenyan village received an urgent 4 a.m. call that thieves were invading a school teacher's home, he sent a message on Twitter. (nbcnews.com)
- ISS, Institute for Security Studies 20th April 2018 A recently passed law could make it easier for companies to dodge tax in Kenya. (polity.org.za)
- African News Agency 11th April 2018 Former Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe is to be summoned by a committee of lawmakers in Zimbabwe to testify at a parliament probe into lost. (polity.org.za)
- On Feb. 21, 2018, Kenya Wildlife Services rangers transported an elephant to Ithumba Camp in Tsavo East National Park. (nydailynews.com)
- A Kenya Wildlife Service veterinary monitors the breathing of a tranquillised elephant during a translocation exercise to Ithumba Camp in Tsavo East National Park on Feb. 21, 2018. (nydailynews.com)
- Scores die in Kenya 'revenge attack' Jump to media player At least 39 people have been killed in fresh clashes between rival communities in the Tana River district of Kenya's Coast province, police say. (bbc.co.uk)
- Pessimistic or not, most of Kenya will be glued to their TV sets come Nov 4 and many a glass of "Obama" beer will be raised should Kenya's favourite son secure the predicted victory. (thaindian.com)
- Kenya hopes to promote the export of textiles, clothing, tea, coffee and fish to the US - currently Kenya's third-largest export market and seventh overall trading partner. (vanguardngr.com)
- Forced to make a new round of cuts in food rations for refugees in Kenya, the World Food Programme (WFP) has appealed urgently for nearly $14 million to feed the 434,000 refugees living in Kenya's Dadaab and Kakuma camps and in the new Kalobeyei settlement. (un.org)
- Among those killed was al Shabaab's Luqman Osman Issa, also known as Shirwa, blamed for leading attacks on Kenya's Mpeketoni area a year ago in which 65 people were killed, Kenya Defense Forces spokesman Colonel David Obonyo said on Monday. (reuters.com)
- Al Shabaab, which seeks to overthrow the Western-backed Somali government and impose its strict interpretation of Islamic law, has frequently targeted neighboring Kenya in recent years, saying it is retaliating for Kenya's participation in an African Union peacekeeping force in Somalia. (reuters.com)
- NAIVASHA, Kenya (AP) -- In a country strangled by anger and fear, it is taking armed escorts and emergency airlifts to make sure that Kenya's most warmhearted export -- the rose -- arrives in time for Valentine's Day. (hdnews.net)
- The Office of the United Nations High Commissions on Refugees (UNHCR) welcomed a statement today from the Government of Kenya in which it reiterated its continued search for solutions for refugees at the Dadaab camp, where it has been hosting and protecting refugees from Somalia for many years. (un.org)
- Voting in Kenya is often along ethnic lines, and previous elections have led to deadly violence. (arabnews.com)
- In Kenya, Obama's ancestral homeland, it is almost impossible to walk for five minutes without seeing some reminder of the East African nation's fervour for its prodigal son as the US elections swiftly approach on Nov 4. (thaindian.com)
- The results were achieved despite a slowdown in the economy arising from the prolonged electioneering period, drought and unstable exchange rates in most of the markets the group operates in," it said in a statement, referring to drought and elections in Kenya. (reuters.com)
- Many parts of Kenya, East Africa's commercial hub, were calm a day after the elections for president and more than 1,800 other posts down to the county level. (tribtoday.com)
- Kenya has been named Africa's leading golfing destination. (magicalkenya.com)
- Thousands of people gathered around the tiny mobile clinic in Kisumu, western Kenya, while Obama was tested in an effort to draw attention to Africa's AIDS epidemic. (foxnews.com)
- Kenya Airways Plc, sub-Saharan Africa's third-biggest, will introduce direct flights to U.S. later next month, and plans to add as many as 20 new destinations in the next five years. (thejakartapost.com)
- Many parts of Kenya, East Africa's commercial hub, remained calm, but the violence stirred memories of the unrest that followed the 2007 vote in which more than 1,000 people were killed. (townhall.com)
- As many as four protesters were reportedly killed as election-related violence erupted across Kenya and the opposition claimed massive vote rigging. (dw.com)
- Kenya has faced election violence in the past, most notably in 2007, when Odinga also lost narrowly according to the official count. (dw.com)
- Kariuki said he intends to use Twitter to promote peace as Kenya prepares to hold another presidential election in the next year, it's first since the 2007-08 postelection violence that killed more than 1,000 people in Kenya. (nbcnews.com)
- It said South Africans use Twitter the most, but Kenya is second in usage on the continent. (nbcnews.com)
- More than 80 percent of those polled in that research said they mainly used Twitter for communicating with friends, 68 percent said they use it to monitor news. (nbcnews.com)
- If a chief in upcountry Kenya is able to use and have an impact with his constituents by using tools like Twitter, it's not too long before we see a massive movement in the country with these types of social media," he said. (nbcnews.com)
- Airways to fly direct to the U.S. (or potentially code share with Delta, which plans to begin U.S.-Kenya service in June 2009. (scoop.co.nz)
- The loss-making airline, Kenya Airways, which is 48.9% government-owned and 7.8% held by Air France-KLM, has been struggling to return to profitability and growth. (indianexpress.com)
- Kenya Airways (KQ) said 126 staff members have left the airline, completing the voluntary redundancy phase of its cost-cutting program after a court order was lifted blocking plans to cut jobs. (atwonline.com)
- Kenya Airways 777-200ER. (atwonline.com)
- Kenya Airways completes first phase of cutbacks' is part of ATW Plus , our online premium membership. (atwonline.com)
- The police spokesman said one suspect may have entered Kenya from Somalia. (bbc.co.uk)
- The militant group al-Shabab has repeatedly threatened to stage revenge attacks after Kenya sent troops to Somalia in October 2011. (bbc.co.uk)
- Kenya sent troops to Somalia on Sunday to fight Islamist al-Shabab militants it blames for a spate of kidnappings. (bbc.com)
- Al-Shabab, which controls much of southern Somalia, has denied carrying out any abductions and has warned of attacks in Kenya unless the troops withdraw. (bbc.com)
- Mr Wetangula, who on Monday had said Kenya troops were in Somalia, said the talks with Somali officials had centred on bilateral relations and the fight against al-Shabab. (bbc.com)
- Munyes, along with some aid workers, said the number and cause of the deaths reported in northeastern Kenya - an arid region bordering drought-plagued Somalia - was not clear. (aljazeera.com)
- Al Shabaab, fighting to overthrow Somalia's government and impose its own harsh interpretation of sharia law, says it will continue to attack Kenya until it withdraws its troops from an African Union peacekeeping mission in Somalia. (brudirect.com)
- But Kenya has been pushing for a the establishment of a buffer state along its border with war-ravaged Somalia for many years. (townhall.com)
- Tim, Kenya 's biggest and oldest elephant who survived numerous attacks by poachers, has died, wildlife authorities said on Feb. 5. (hurriyetdailynews.com)
- Noting that "innocent worshipers were injured," the National Council of Churches of Kenya issued a statement "strongly condemn[ing] the atrocious and unwarranted attacks. (catholicculture.org)
- It is not clear who is behind the attack, but Islamist group al-Shabab has staged numerous attacks in Kenya. (bbc.com)
- The crackdown, which has seen people held in police cells or a football stadium, follows a spate of attacks in Kenya by suspected supporters of Somalia's Al-Qaeda-linked Shebab rebels. (dailystar.com.lb)
- Four people were killed and 11 injured when their landcruiser detonated a bomb planted on a road in northeast Kenya on Friday, a senior government official said, in the latest of a series of such attacks. (brudirect.com)
- Former U.S. President Barack Obama arrived in Kenya Sunday, the country of his father's birth, his first visit to this East African country since leaving office. (nydailynews.com)
- Barack Obama is traveling on a two-nation African tour where he will become the the first sitting US president to visit Kenya and Ethiopia. (indianexpress.com)
- The link may be tenuous given that Obama has far closer links with his mother's side - his father abandoned the family when Obama was only two years old - and has only visited Kenya a handful of times. (thaindian.com)
- Mr Kiprono said he intended to put his offer of marriage to Mr Obama and hopes the President will bring his daughter with him when he makes his first presidential visit to Kenya, the country where his father was born, in July. (straitstimes.com)
- The two soon separated, however, and Obama's father returned to Kenya and worked as a government economist. (foxnews.com)
- However, cheering crowds mobbed Obama's route during his last visit in 2006 and a recent BBC poll found that support for the senator in Kenya stood at over 80 percent. (thaindian.com)
- Kenya hopes for a better showing in Birmingham despite stiff competition from USA, Ethiopia, France and Jamaica. (xinhuanet.com)
- After a series of close finishes in the women's race - five consecutive years with 3 or fewer seconds separating the top two - Jeptoo had a relatively comfortable 33-second lead over Meseret Hailu of Ethiopia, with defending champion Sharon Cherop of Kenya another 3 seconds back. (norwichbulletin.com)
- Desisa was among a group of nine men - all from Kenya or Ethiopia - who broke away from the pack in the first half of the race. (norwichbulletin.com)
- An American businessman with deep connections to New York City was one of at least 14 people killed in Tuesday's terror attack at a hotel in Kenya. (nydailynews.com)
- In recent months, al-Shabab has claimed responsibility for a string of grenade and bomb blasts across Kenya, that have killed several people. (bbc.co.uk)
- Today, our mission remains the same: to empower people to evaluate the news and the world around them. (sciencenews.org)
- Some 700 people die each day from AIDS-related illnesses in Kenya, most in the west of the country, though the numbers of infected patients have declined recently. (foxnews.com)
- Researchers from Kenya, Rwanda, and the UK, currently led by Andrew Bastawrous from the International Eye Centre at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, found that age-related macular degeneration (a gradual deterioration of part of the retina) was the cause of blindness in 10% of people aged over 50 years in the Nakuru district of Kenya, which includes members of all 42 tribes residing in Kenya. (eurekalert.org)
- The researchers reached these conclusions by doing detailed eye examinations in randomly selected groups of 50 people aged over 50 years in the Nakuru District of Kenya between 2007 and 2008. (eurekalert.org)
- The president of Kenya has appealed for aid for more than two million people in drought-afflicted northeastern and coastal regions of the country. (aljazeera.com)
- Kenyans business people seal multi-billion shilling deals in China The Standard Digital News During the trip, Mea Fertiliser Ltd entered into talks with two Chinese companies for the construction of a. (newsalloy.com)
- A gunman opened fire at the Westgate mall in Kenya in September, killing 67 people. (wickedlocal.com)
- Kenya (MNN) - People often look for God's calling and wonder what they're supposed to be doing with their life. (mnnonline.org)
- The combination of openness and the possibility that their faith isn't very deep allows for conversations and interactions that challenge the people of Kenya. (mnnonline.org)
- The United Nations Secretary-General, Mr. Ban Ki-Moon, on Wednesday 8th April 2015 visited the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Kenya to the United Nations to offer his sympathies and to affirm his solidarity and that of the United Nations, with the people of Kenya. (un.int)
- Ethnically driven violence intensified in Kenya on Sunday, and police officials said at least 19 people, including 11 children, were burned to death in a house by a mob. (starnewsonline.com)
- Kenya dennying the fact, they are the most traitor, fueling the war in South Sudan, business mind people, Kenya don,t denny this true founded article. (sudantribune.com)
- A voluntary HIV testing campaign launched in Kenya "has already met public resistance," according to the BBC .Â The campaign involves health workers "knock[ing] on as many doors as they can over the next three weeks, hoping to reach one million people. (kff.org)
- The Kenya Tourism Board welcomes you to Magical Kenya! (magicalkenya.com)
- Kenya Tourism Board. (magicalkenya.com)
- Tourism is one of the country's biggest generators of foreign exchange after remittances and agricultural exports, and earned the nation 119.9 billion shillings ($1.2 billion) last year, according to the Kenya Tourism Board. (thejakartapost.com)
- Most Kenyans rely on broadcasters, particularly radio, for news. (bbc.co.uk)
- At least 48 Kenyans have been killed in ethnic clashes between two rival groups, Pokomo and Orma, in southeastern Kenya. (rt.com)
- It will be good for Kenya, although maybe just through a few more scholarships for Kenyans and some more American tourists," says bus driver James Kinywa, 41. (thaindian.com)
- The research by Kenya-based Portland Communications and Tweetminster found that over the last three months of 2011, Kenyans produced nearly 2.5 million tweets. (nbcnews.com)
- The experts' meeting is preparatory to that of Ministers on Friday, which is expected to come out with guidelines in response to incessant disease outbreaks in the sub-region such as the deadly epidemics of cholera, meningitis, measles, viral hemorrhagic fevers between 1995 and 1996 as well as a recrudescent polio and the spreading A H1N1 flu pandemic," the news service writes (9/29). (kff.org)
- it is mostly news, updates and stories coverage and is one of the fastest growing TV stations in Kenya. (wikipedia.org)
- Christopher Brito is a social media producer and trending writer for CBS News, focusing on sports and stories that involve issues of race and culture. (cbsnews.com)
- Read more Kenya stories. (newser.com)
- Be the first to get the latest news from Kenya and around the world. (apple.com)
- Science News was founded in 1921 as an independent, nonprofit source of accurate information on the latest news of science, medicine and technology. (sciencenews.org)
- Stay on top of the latest Catholic news and analysis from CatholicCulture.org. (catholicculture.org)
- Add United Kingdom as an interest to stay up to date on the latest United Kingdom news, video, and analysis from ABC News. (go.com)
- Hundreds of Somalis have been expelled from Kenya, with 98 in the latest batch detained and sent back in a major crackdown on suspected Islamists, Human Rights Watch (HRW) said Friday. (dailystar.com.lb)
- Fighter jets, believed to be from Kenya, pounded Shebab strongholds this week, as part of the latest push against the insurgents by the AU force, which said it was targeting its "senior leadership and foreign fighters" and boasted of having killed over 50 rebels. (dailystar.com.lb)
- Keep up with the latest Soul Music news! (soultracks.com)
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and keep up with the latest news in hydrogen transportation, research, storage, resources and more. (hydrogenfuelnews.com)
- Black Star News has been producing stellar investigative journalism since 1997, including focusing on police brutality and other abuses targeting marginalized communities. (blackstarnews.com)
- Voicing deep concern over the continuing pattern of extrajudicial executions in Kenya, United Nations human rights experts have called on the Government to halt police violence and ensure accountability for the perpetrators. (un.org)
- We are told many of them were also thieves who took advantage and could not even obey the police," the officer told the AFP news agency. (dw.com)
- In other political news, Zambia's opposition leader has been freed after his April arrest over treason charges . (brookings.edu)
- This reached its peak in early 1991 when foreign aid to Kenya was withheld, and Jaramogi Oginga Odinga of the Luo tribe announced the reestablishment of an opposition party . (architectafrica.com)
- The work of the Kenya News Agency as a national news gathering operation began decades earlier with the Kenya Information Service (KIS) formed in 1939 to disseminate information on World War II. (wikipedia.org)
- He picked out the 1,500m race for men, saying Kenya is spoilt for choice with world champion Elijah Manang'oi, silver medalist Timothy Cheruiyot, James Magut as well as Bethwel Birgen all keen to compete. (xinhuanet.com)
- Buss had visited Kenya last spring with LCMS World Relief and Human Care. (hollandsentinel.com)
- In six months' time, Kenya will show itself off to the world with an unprecedented week of tourism promotion. (breakingtravelnews.com)