A group of islands in the southwest Pacific. Its capital is Wellington. It was discovered by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman in 1642 and circumnavigated by Cook in 1769. Colonized in 1840 by the New Zealand Company, it became a British crown colony in 1840 until 1907 when colonial status was terminated. New Zealand is a partly anglicized form of the original Dutch name Nieuw Zeeland, new sea land, possibly with reference to the Dutch province of Zeeland. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p842 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p378)
Oceanic Ancestry Group
The collective name for the islands of the central Pacific Ocean, including the Austral Islands, Cook Islands, Easter Island, HAWAII; NEW ZEALAND; Phoenix Islands, PITCAIRN ISLAND; SAMOA; TONGA; Tuamotu Archipelago, Wake Island, and Wallis and Futuna Islands. Polynesians are of the Caucasoid race, but many are of mixed origin. Polynesia is from the Greek poly, many + nesos, island, with reference to the many islands in the group. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p966 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p426)
Disease Models, Animal
Conservation of Natural Resources
Polymeric materials (usually organic) of large molecular weight which can be shaped by flow. Plastic usually refers to the final product with fillers, plasticizers, pigments, and stabilizers included (versus the resin, the homogeneous polymeric starting material). (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
The transmission and reproduction of transient images of fixed or moving objects. An electronic system of transmitting such images together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible light rays and audible sound. (From Webster, 3rd ed)
Encyclopedias as Topic
Sudden slips on a fault, and the resulting ground shaking and radiated seismic energy caused by the slips, or by volcanic or magmatic activity, or other sudden stress changes in the earth. Faults are fractures along which the blocks of EARTH crust on either side have moved relative to one another parallel to the fracture.
Cyclical movement of a body part that can represent either a physiologic process or a manifestation of disease. Intention or action tremor, a common manifestation of CEREBELLAR DISEASES, is aggravated by movement. In contrast, resting tremor is maximal when there is no attempt at voluntary movement, and occurs as a relatively frequent manifestation of PARKINSON DISEASE.
Health Care Sector
Double-layered inflatable suits which, when inflated, exert pressure on the lower part of the wearer's body. The suits are used to improve or stabilize the circulatory state, i.e., to prevent hypotension, control hemorrhage, and regulate blood pressure. The suits are also used by pilots under positive acceleration.
Risk factors for injuries and other health problems sustained in a marathon. (1/1983)OBJECTIVES: To identify risk factors for injuries and other health problems occurring during or immediately after participation in a marathon. METHODS: A prospective cohort study was undertaken of participants in the 1993 Auckland Citibank marathon. Demographic data, information on running experience, training and injuries, and information on other lifestyle factors were obtained from participants before the race using an interviewer-administered questionnaire. Information on injuries and other health problems sustained during or immediately after the marathon were obtained by a self administered questionnaire. Logistic regression analyses were undertaken to identify significant risk factors for health problems. RESULTS: This study, one of only a few controlled epidemiological studies that have been undertaken of running injuries, has identified a number of risk factors for injuries and other health problems sustained in a marathon. Men were at increased risk of hamstring and calf problems, whereas women were at increased risk of hip problems. Participation in a marathon for the first time, participation in other sports, illness in the two weeks before the marathon, current use of medication, and drinking alcohol once a month or more, were associated with increased self reported risks of problems. While increased training seemed to increase the risk of front thigh and hamstring problems, it may decrease the risk of knee problems. There are significant but complex relations between age and risk of injury or health problem. CONCLUSIONS: This study has identified certain high risk subjects and risk factors for injuries and other health problems sustained in a marathon. In particular, subjects who have recently been unwell or are taking medication should weigh up carefully the pros and cons of participating. (+info)
A comparative analysis of surveyors from six hospital accreditation programmes and a consideration of the related management issues. (2/1983)PURPOSE: To gather data on how accreditors manage surveyors, to compare these data and to offer them to the accreditors for improvement and to the scientific community for knowledge of the accreditation process and reinforcement of the credibility of these processes. DATA SOURCE: The data were gathered with the aid of a questionnaire sent to all accreditors participating in the study. RESULTS: An important finding in this comparative study is the different contractual relationships that exist between the accreditors and their surveyors. CONCLUSION: Surveyors around the world share many common features in terms of careers, training, work history and expectations. These similarities probably arise from the objectives of the accreditors who try to provide a developmental process to their clients rather than an 'inspection'. (+info)
A comparison of the use, effectiveness and safety of bezafibrate, gemfibrozil and simvastatin in normal clinical practice using the New Zealand Intensive Medicines Monitoring Programme (IMMP). (3/1983)AIMS: Because of the importance of treating dyslipidaemia in the prevention of ischaemic heart disease and because patient selection criteria and outcomes in clinical trials do not necessarily reflect what happens in normal clinical practice, we compared outcomes from bezafibrate, gemfibrozil and simvastatin therapy under conditions of normal use. METHODS: A random sample of 200 patients was selected from the New Zealand Intensive Medicines Monitoring Programme's (IMMP) patient cohorts for each drug. Questionnaires sent to prescribers requested information on indications, risk factors for ischaemic heart disease, lipid profiles with changes during treatment and reasons for stopping therapy. RESULTS: 80% of prescribers replied and 83% of these contained useful information. The three groups were similar for age, sex and geographical region, but significantly more patients on bezafibrate had diabetes and/or hypertension than those on gemfibrozil or simvastatin. After treatment and taking the initial measure into account, the changes in serum lipid values were consistent with those generally observed, but with gemfibrozil being significantly less effective than expected. More patients (15.8%S) stopped gemfibrozil because of an inadequate response compared with bezafibrate (5.4%) and simvastatin (1.6%). Gemfibrozil treatment was also withdrawn significantly more frequently due to a possible adverse reaction compared with the other two drugs. CONCLUSIONS: In normal clinical practice in New Zealand gemfibrozil appears less effective and more frequently causes adverse effects leading to withdrawal of treatment than either bezafibrate or simvastatin. (+info)
Feasibility of finding an unrelated bone marrow donor on international registries for New Zealand patients. (4/1983)Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation is the treatment of choice for several hematological conditions. Unfortunately, for the majority (70%) of patients an HLA-matched sibling donor is not available and a matched unrelated donor must be found if they are to proceed to allogeneic transplantation. Most of the donors on international registries are of Caucasian ethnic origin. It has been recognized that patients from certain racial groups have a reduced chance of finding an unrelated donor. This study reports the feasibility of finding an unrelated donor for our local New Zealand patients of Caucasian, New Zealand Maori and Pacific Islander ethnic origin presenting with transplantable hematological conditions at a single center. The search was performed on international registries using HLA-A,B and DR typings for our patients. Six of six and five of six matches were evaluated. We have shown that Maori and Pacific Islanders have significantly lower hit rates than Caucasians when searched for 6/6 antigen matches, but there was no significant difference between the three ethnic groups in finding a 5/6 antigen matched donor. This study supports the policy of the New Zealand Bone Marrow Donor Registry in recruiting New Zealand Maori and Pacific Islanders. (+info)
Priority points and cardiac events while waiting for coronary bypass surgery. (5/1983)OBJECTIVE: To assess the risk of important cardiac events while waiting for coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) in relation to the New Zealand priority scoring system; to compare clinical characteristics of patients referred for CABG in New Zealand with those in Ontario, Canada; and to compare the New Zealand priority scoring system for CABG with the previously validated Ontario urgency score. DESIGN: Analysis of outcomes in a consecutive case series of patients referred for CABG. SETTING: University hospital. PATIENTS: All 324 patients from Christchurch Hospital wait listed for isolated CABG between 1 January 1994 and 31 December 1995. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Death, myocardial infarction, and unstable angina while waiting for CABG; waiting time to surgery. RESULTS: Clinical characteristics at referral were very similar, but median waiting time was longer in New Zealand than in a large Canadian case series (212 days v 17 days). While waiting for elective CABG, 44% (114/257) of New Zealand patients had cardiac events: death 4% (13/257), non-fatal myocardial infarction 6% (16/257), readmission with unstable angina 34% (87/257). Priority scores did not predict cardiac events while waiting for CABG. Indeed, death or non-fatal myocardial infarction occurred in 4% (3/76) and 8% (6/76), respectively, of those with priority scores < 35. These people are no longer eligible for publicly funded surgery in New Zealand. CONCLUSIONS: Very long waiting times for CABG are associated with frequent cardiac events, at considerable cost to both patients and health care providers. Priority scores may facilitate comparison between countries but such scores did not predict clinical events while waiting. (+info)
Twins and maternal smoking: ordeals for the fetal origins hypothesis? A cohort study. (6/1983)OBJECTIVE: To assess the direct and indirect effects of being a twin, maternal smoking, birth weight, and mother's height on blood pressure at ages 9 and 18 years. DESIGN: Longitudinal study. SUBJECTS: Cohort born in 1972-3. SETTING: Dunedin, New Zealand. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: Blood pressure at ages 9 and 18 years. RESULTS: Compared with singletons, twins had a systolic blood pressure 4.55 (95% confidence interval 1.57 to 7.52) mm Hg lower at age 9 after adjustment for direct and indirect effects of sex, maternal smoking, mother's height, socioeconomic status, and birth weight, as well as concurrent height and body mass index. Blood pressure in children whose mothers had smoked during pregnancy was 1.54 (0.46 to 2.62) mm Hg higher than in those whose mothers did not. The total effect of birth weight on systolic blood pressure at age 9 was -0.78 (-1.76 to 0.20) mm Hg and that for mother's height was 0.10 (0.06 to 0.14) mm Hg. Similar results were obtained for systolic blood pressure at age 18. The total effect of twins, maternal smoking, and birth weight on diastolic blood pressure was not significant at either age. CONCLUSIONS: Twins had lower birth weight and lower systolic blood pressure at ages 9 and 18 than singletons. This finding challenges the fetal origins hypothesis. The effect of maternal smoking was consistent with the fetal origin hypothesis in that the infants of smokers were smaller and had higher blood pressure at both ages. This may be explained by pharmacological rather than nutritional effects. The total effect of birth weight on systolic blood pressure, after its indirect effect working through concurrent measures of height and body mass index was taken into account, was small. (+info)
In-vitro antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in New Zealand. (7/1983)Four hundred and forty-two isolates of Neisseria gonorrhoeae were tested by an agar dilution method for their susceptibility to penicillin, ampicillin, tetracycline, cephaloridine, and spectinomycin. Of these isolates, 295 were tested for their susceptibility to sulphamethoxazole and to trimethoprim by the same method, using Oxoid diagnostic sensitivity test agar plus 7.5% laked horse blood instead of Proteose No. 3 agar plus 1% IsoVitaleX and 1% haemoglobin. One hundred (22.6%) of the isolates were found to be relatively resistant to penicillin (minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) less than 0.1 iu/ml), but only 1.1% had a MIC of 1 iu/ml or higher. Ampicillin was slightly more active than penicillin in that all isolates were inhibited by 0.5 microgram/ml or less. For 3.7% of isolates the MIC of tetracycline was 2 microgram/ml or higher. All isolates were sensitive to spectinomycin. By calculating the Spearman rank correlation coefficient (rs), a high correlation (rs greater than 0.5) was found between susceptibility to penicillin and susceptibility to ampicillin, tetracycline, and cephaloridine. Low correlation (rs less than 0.2) was found between susceptibility to penicillin and susceptibility to spectinomycin, sulphamethoxazole, and trimethoprim. (+info)
Where young people with multiple sexual partners seek medical care: implications for screening for chlamydial infection. (8/1983)OBJECTIVE: To investigate among young people the relation between the number of sexual partners and use of medical services in order to guide planning of sexually transmitted disease screening. DESIGN: Cross sectional study within a birth cohort using a questionnaire presented by computer. SETTING: Dunedin, New Zealand in 1993-4. SUBJECTS: 477 men and 458 women aged 21 enrolled in the Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study, comprising 91.7% of survivors of the cohort. RESULTS: Men with multiple sexual partners in the previous year were less likely to have a general practitioner than men with one or no partners (76.2% v 88.5%, p < 0.01). Among the women the respective proportions (83.1% and 88.4%) were not significantly different. Significantly more women than men (75.8% v 50.7%, p = 0.03) with five or more partners in the previous year had visited their own general practitioner over that period. Among the sexually experienced, more women than men attended any setting appropriate for sexually transmitted disease screening (93.6% v 71.6%, p < 0.001). CONCLUSIONS: In New Zealand a screening programme for sexually transmitted diseases among young adults reliant on invitation by their own general practitioner would be biased towards those at less risk. Opportunistic screening in general practice would potentially include only about half the most sexually active men and three quarters of such women over a 12 month period. The extension of opportunistic screening to other settings considered appropriate for discussion of sexual health issues could potentially engage the vast majority of women, but not men, at most risk. Any screening programme should incorporate an effective method of finding and treating the sexual partners of infected women. (+info)
Wellington, New Zealand - Activities, Attractions, Best Places to Visit, Sightseeing in Wellington
Wellington, New Zealand, activities and attractions Wellington, best places to visit in Wellington, sightseeing in Wellington, things to do in Wellington, places to go in Wellington, famous places in Wellington, travel around Wellington, Wellington travel guide, family activities Wellington, tourist places in Wellington
New Zealanders being urged to become condom testers - Wikinews, the free news source
Condom manufacturer Durex is urging New Zealanders to sign up online to become one of 100 condom testers. Already 3,000 New Zealanders, both men and women, have applied to become condom testers, according to Durex. Durex is recruiting the New Zealanders to test a new line of latex-free condoms. Durex claims it is using New Zealanders to test the new condoms because, according to the companys surveys, New Zealanders are adventurous in the bedroom. Victoria Potter, spokeswoman for Durex, said: The overwhelming response to date from Kiwis has certainly proven this. The 100 needed people for their tests will be selected in two weeks time randomly, the final date for sending in applications is January 31, 2007. The condom being tested is called Durex Avanti Ultima and is free of latex. Instead of latex, it is made of polyisoprene, the first condom to use it. Ms Potter said the new condom is exceptionally soft and will provide maximum comfort. The new condom will appeal to those who are ...
Unmet need of GP services in Pacific people and other New Zealanders • Health Improvement and Innovation Resource Centre
This study compared the unmet need of GP services for Pacific peoples (mostly of Samoan, Tongan, Niuean, or Cook Islands origin) and Other New Zealanders (predominantly European New Zealanders, Māori, and Asian New Zealanders), using data from the New Zealand Health Survey 2006/2007. The authors conclude from the results that unmet GP need is associated with ethnicity, health need and financial and time constraints.. ...
Annual Update of Key Results 2018/19: New Zealand Health Survey • Weight Management
New Zealand Health Survey 2018/19. Ministry of Health The Annual Data Explorer is an interactive tool for exploring New Zealand Health Survey data. It provides a snapshot of the health of New Zealanders through the publication of key indicators on health behaviours, health status and access to health care for both adults and children.. The Annual Data Explorer shows 2018/19 results from the continuous New Zealand Health Survey, with comparisons to earlier surveys. Results are available by gender, age group, ethnic group and neighbourhood deprivation.. To access The Annual Data Explorer, November 2019, click here. ...
Annual Update of Key Results 2018/19: New Zealand Health Survey • Weight Management
New Zealand Health Survey 2018/19. Ministry of Health The Annual Data Explorer is an interactive tool for exploring New Zealand Health Survey data. It provides a snapshot of the health of New Zealanders through the publication of key indicators on health behaviours, health status and access to health care for both adults and children.. The Annual Data Explorer shows 2018/19 results from the continuous New Zealand Health Survey, with comparisons to earlier surveys. Results are available by gender, age group, ethnic group and neighbourhood deprivation.. To access The Annual Data Explorer, November 2019, click here. ...
U Boutique Hotel Wellington (Wellington, NZL) | Expedia.co.nz
Stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Wellington. Enjoy free WiFi, breakfast, and daily housekeeping. Our guests praise the breakfast and the helpful staff in our reviews. Popular attractions Te Papa (Museum of New Zealand) and Interislander Ferry Terminal are located nearby. Discover genuine guest reviews for U Boutique Hotel Wellington along with the latest prices and availability - book now. - Book great deals at U Boutique Hotel Wellington with Expedia.co.nz - Check guest reviews, photos & cheap rates for U Boutique Hotel Wellington in Wellington
Wellington Cosmetic Permanent Makeup - Login to Account - Wellington Permanent Makeup: Lasting Beauty Cosmetic Tattoo...
Wellington Permanent Makeup: Lasting Beauty Cosmetic Tattoo Wellington by Claudine Stace. Reconstructive tattooing for brow hair loss and Alopecia totalis. Scalp Mesotherapy. Permanent Makeup, Micropigmentation, and Wellington Microblading. Lower Hutt, Wellington. Dermal Needling, Skin Needling. Cosmetic Permanent Makeup. Lower Hutt, Wellington,Mesotherapy, Derma Pen
New Zealanders of overseas birth, 1961-2013 - The New Zealanders - Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand
This graph demonstrates changes in the origins of New Zealanders of overseas birth since 1961. Though migration from Britain and Ireland remained fairly consistent, it was proportionally less significant over time. Pacific Islanders were the first major group to arrive, and numbers of Pacific-born New Zealanders increased steadily into the 21st century. In the 2000s the growth in the Asian-born population was considerable, and migration from Africa, the Middle East and the Americas was increasingly significant.. ...
Wellington nem renova
Main / Diet & Nutrition / Wellington nem renova Wellington Silva Sanches Aguiar (born 6 February ), known as Wellington Nem, is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a forward for São Paulo FC on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk. Contents. [hide]. 1 Club career; 2 Career statistics. International. 3 Honours; 4 References; 5 External links. Club career. Enquanto Matheus já fazia parte do time principal e Wellington Silva era negociado com o Arsenal, Nem foi emprestado ao Figueirense, para ganhar experiência. Foi convocado pelo técnico Mano Menezes para participar da Pré Lista das Olimpíadas de Londres No dia 17 de maio, Wellington Nem renovou até.. Postado por: Solaucas. Boa tarde, estava conversando com um amigo meu de manhã, e ele me lembrou disso. Nippon o jogador se lesionou existe uma regra em que seremos obrigados a renovar com ele até abril de até ele terminar de tratar a sua lesão no joelho. O mesmo caso aconteceu com Em contratamos Haifa Nem, Jucilei, Petros. O São ...
StateMaster - Encyclopedia: List of cities in New Zealand
Categories: Cities, towns and communities in New Zealand , Lists of cities by country , New Zealand-related lists // New Zealand Main Articles: Main article on New Zealand, New Zealand Wikiportal and Category:New Zealand Main Articles MÄ ori History of New Zealand Politics of New Zealand Geography of New Zealand MÄ ori culture Economy of New Zealand Demographics of New Zealand Culture of New Zealand New Zealand English... The history of New Zealand dates back at least seven hundred years to when it was discovered and settled by Polynesians. ... This is a timeline of the History of New Zealand. ... One of the few extant copies of the Treaty of Waitangi The Treaty of Waitangi (MÄ ori: Tiriti o Waitangi) is a treaty signed on February 6, 1840 by representatives of the British Crown, and MÄ ori chiefs from the North Island of New Zealand. ... This article or section does not cite any references or sources. ... The military history of New Zealand spans several hundred years. ... This is a ...
Wellington Fault - Wikipedia
The Wellington Fault is an active seismic fault in the southern part of the North Island of New Zealand. It is a dextral (right-lateral) strike-slip fault with variable amounts of vertical movement causing uplift to the northwest, as expressed by a series of ranges. It forms part of the North Island Fault System, which accommodates the transfer of displacement along the oblique convergent boundary between the Indo-Australian Plate and Pacific Plate. The Wellington Fault consists of three main sections. This 75 km long curved fault segment is mapped on the floor of the Cook Strait before crossing the Wellington peninsula through Long Valley and along the northwestern edge of Wellington Harbour, past Lower Hutt terminating near Kaitoke. This segment has had a lateral slip-rate of 6.0-7.6 mm per year for at least the last 140,000 years, from the progressive offset of dated river terraces. The most recent rupture event along this section is constrained to 150-450 yrs BP. This ...
Overweight among New Zealand adolescents: Associations with ethnicity and deprivation<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Overweight among New Zealand adolescents: Associations with ethnicity and deprivation. AU - Utter, Jennifer. AU - Denny, Simon. AU - Crengle, Sue. AU - Ameratunga, Shanthi. AU - Robinson, Elizabeth. AU - Clark, Terryann. AU - Percival, Teuila. AU - Maddison, Ralph. PY - 2010/12. Y1 - 2010/12. N2 - Objectives. The objectives of the current study are: to describe the prevalence of overweight/obesity among New Zealand adolescents and to describe the demographic characteristics, including neighbourhood deprivation, associated with overweight/obesity. Methods. Data for the current study were collected as part of Youth07, a national survey of the health and well-being of 9 107 New Zealand secondary school students (approximate ages 13 to 17 years). Students answered a comprehensive, multimedia survey about their health and wellbeing and were weighed and measured for height. Small area deprivation was measured by the New Zealand Deprivation Index, based on the students residential ...
Wellington - Wikipedia
Wellington suffered serious damage in a series of earthquakes in 1848 and from another earthquake in 1855. The 1855 Wairarapa earthquake occurred on the Wairarapa Fault to the north and east of Wellington. It was probably the most powerful earthquake in recorded New Zealand history, with an estimated magnitude of at least 8.2 on the Moment magnitude scale. It caused vertical movements of two to three metres over a large area, including raising land out of the harbour and turning it into a tidal swamp. Much of this land was subsequently reclaimed and is now part of the central business district. For this reason, the street named Lambton Quay is 100 to 200 metres (325 to 650 ft) from the harbour - plaques set into the footpath mark the shoreline in 1840, indicating the extent of reclamation. The 1942 Wairarapa earthquakes caused considerable damage in Wellington. The area has high seismic activity even by New Zealand standards, with a major fault, the Wellington Fault running through the ...
New Zealand Health Survey 2012-2013 | GHDx
The New Zealand Health Survey is performed continuously. Results and indicators are drawn from a specific time period of data collection. The purpose of the New Zealand Health Survey 2012/2013 was to gather information on the health of adults and children in order to find trends, develop indicators, and discern topics that require research. Data were collected through in-person interviews of one child and one adult per participating household. The sample size was 13,009 adults and 4,485 children.. The questionnaire topics included chronic conditions, health status, behavior, health care use, and demographic details. In addition, measurements of height, weight, and waist circumference were taken from adults and children. Adults also had blood pressure taken. The 2012/2013 survey included a segment that data were collected for in October. This segment focused on alcohol and tobacco use in adults. The specific topics for children in this segment were development, food, and second-hand smoke ...
Halcombe (Manawatu-Wanganui, North Island, New Zealand) - Population Statistics, Charts, Map, Location, Weather and Web...
Halcombe (Manawatu-Wanganui, North Island, New Zealand) with population statistics, charts, map, location, weather and web information.
Te Awanga (Hawkes Bay, North Island, New Zealand) - Population Statistics, Charts, Map, Location, Weather and Web Information
Te Awanga (Hawkes Bay, North Island, New Zealand) with population statistics, charts, map, location, weather and web information.
Wellington Regional - Lamaze Childbirth Education (2017) Registration, Mon, May 8, 2017 at 7:00 PM | Eventbrite
Eventbrite - Wellington Regional Medical Center presents Wellington Regional - Lamaze Childbirth Education (2017) - Monday, May 8, 2017 at Wellington Regional Medical Center, Wellington, FL. Find event and registration information.
Mountain Designs - Outdoor Equipment in Wellington Central, Wellington
Outdoor Equipment in Wellington Central. Mountain Designs is located at 78 Mercer St, Wellington Central, Wellington. View location map, opening times and customer reviews.
Comprehensive Eye Care | Optometrist in Wellington| Fort Collins | Wellington Eye Care & Diabetes Eye Center of Northern...
Comprehensive Eye Care in Wellington & Fort Collins. Wellington Eye Care & Diabetes Eye Center of Northern Colorado is your local Optometrist in Wellington & Fort Collins serving all of your needs. Call us today at (970) 568-7161 for an appointment.
Liquorland Wellington Central, 233 Victoria Street, Te Aro, Wellington - Public Input - Wellington City Council
Have your say on the alcohol application for Liquorland Wellington Central, 233 Victoria Street, Te Aro, Wellington. Applications close at 12 midnight on 5 August 2021.
The Royal New Zealand Ballet (RNZB) was founded in 1953 by Danish dancer Poul Gnatt, as a touring professional ballet company for all New Zealanders. Now based at Wellingtons St James Theatre, the Royal New Zealand Ballet is an intrinsic part of New Zealands national heritage, and has the largest following of all New Zealand performing arts companies. The Royal New Zealand Ballet continues to invest in live music, performing with the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra, New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra Wellington, the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra and the Dunedin Symphony Orchestra. The RNZB enjoys a reputation for strong and unique interpretations of full-length dramatic works. To this base the RNZB have added many masterworks and major ballets of the 20th century, such as Balanchines works and the Stravinsky ballets. The company has an enviable track record in commissioning new works from New Zealand and international choreographers. The RNZB regularly represents New Zealand on the ...
New Zealand Heartland XV - Wikipedia
The Heartland XV rugby team is one of several New Zealand national representative rugby union teams, although it is at a lower level than the All Blacks (the full national side), the second-level Junior All Blacks and the New Zealand Māori (an all-Māori side that frequently plays full international sides from other countries). The side is drawn exclusively from players for provincial unions that compete in the Heartland Championship, a nominally amateur domestic competition below the fully professional Air New Zealand Cup.. Founded in 1988 and originally known as the New Zealand Divisional XV, it was designed to expose players from Divisions Two and Three in the Air New Zealand National Provincial Championship (NPC) to rugby at a higher level. Upon the 2006 reorganisation of the NPC into the Air New Zealand Cup and Heartland Championship, the side was revamped into a Heartland-only side and received its current name.. ...
New Zealand Woman Reportedly Named Her Children Metallica, Slayer & Pantera | Theprp.com
New Zealand journalist and documentarian David Farrier is reporting that an unidentified New Zealand woman has named her three children after some of metals most revered acts, namely Metallica, Slayer and Pantera. He shared his findings on the matter via the web yesterday, July 07th via Webworm and also via the following series of tweets:. ...
Help With Spinal Injury in Auckland, Hamilton, Bay of Plenty, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin - The Wellness Directory NZ
Find help and natural therapies and treatment for Spinal Injury in Auckland, Hamilton, Bay of Plenty, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin. Search our list of qualified New Zealand practitioners who can help you with Spinal Injury
Help With Heel Pain in Auckland, Hamilton, Bay of Plenty, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin - The Wellness Directory NZ
Find help and natural therapies and treatment for Heel Pain in Auckland, Hamilton, Bay of Plenty, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin. Search our list of qualified New Zealand practitioners who can help you with Heel Pain
Increasing asthma prevalence in a rural New Zealand adolescent population: 1975-89. | Archives of Disease in Childhood
A survey of asthma symptoms and spirometry in 435 adolescent schoolchildren was undertaken in 1989 in a rural, largely Maori population. The survey questionnaires were identical to those used in a 1975 survey at the same school. The prevalence of reported asthma or wheeze significantly increased from 26.2% to 34.0%. This increase occurred in groups reporting asthma, and also those reporting wheeze unassociated with colds, but without a previous diagnosis of asthma. There was a tendency for a rise in reported wheeze in Europeans (24.3% to 27.4%) and a significant rise in Maoris (27.1% to 36.2%). The reclassification of other respiratory problems did not account for the increase. Data from this study provides evidence that there has been a rise in the prevalence of asthma in this New Zealand population over a time period of 14 years.. ...
Evans, Malcolm, 1947- :Here we are -... | Items | National Library of New Zealand | National Library of New Zealand
Groove 107.7FM Wellington, NZ: WOMAD 2020 - LATEST ADDITIONS - DJ MONTELL2099, STACEY MORRISON & THE STEAMLAB SPEAKERS
Groove is New Zealands only Cafe Style Jazz Radio Station. Also the only locally owned & operated, independent commercial radio station in Wellington. We specialise in Lounge, Swing, Classic Jazz, Blues, Acid Jazz, Funk, Soul and anything with a Groove. We also champion local artists, DJs, funk collectives - anyone who makes groovy music. We love to help the local community including on-air messages and broadcasting live at events. We want all Groovers, young and old to live and breathe the vibe in Wellingtons funky, vibrant city. Groove is your soundtrack. Tune in here or on the Tunein mobile app (Search for Groove 107.7FM or Stations in Wellington NZ). Were not currently broadcasting on FM but hope to be back as soon as we get some sponsorship for a new transmission site. Are you in business? We are also the most cost effective way to reach the people with style & money in New Zealand via radio. To find out more about our advertising deals, click on the link above. ...
Annual Update of Key Results 2013/14: New Zealand Health Survey | Katrina Berry
http://www.health.govt.nz/publication/annual-update-key-results-2013-14-new-zealand-health-survey Annual Update of Key Results 2013/14: New Zealand Health Survey Published online: 11 December 2014 Summary This report provides a snapshot of the health of New Zealanders through the publication of 48 key indicators on health behaviours, health status and access to health care for both adults and children. This report presents the 2013/14…
New Zealand Health Survey - an update | Welcome to Comprehensive Care website
The New Zealand Health Surveys Annual Data Explorer provides a snapshot of the health of New Zealanders through the publication of key indicators on health
Fly Fish New Zealand - New Zealand trout fly fishing
Join the sight fly fishing expert for large brown and rainbow trout to fish from Christchurch, to the North Canterbury region, through the Lewis Pass to the mighty West Coast Of New Zealands South Island and the Nelson lakes.. I love hosting fly fishing adventures around the South Island of New Zealand, the legendary land of trophy brown trout and stunning vistas.. Fly fishers around the world dream of fly fishing our enchanting waters and we offer you exceptional fly fishing trips for trophy brown and rainbow trout. New Zealand is home to the purest of dry fly fishing opportunities, sight-fishing for large brown and rainbow trout. The South Island of New Zealand teems with streams and rivers, the central and West Coast regions home to remote waters and low density of anglers. These are our home waters, home of some of New Zealands best trophy brown and rainbow trout fly fishing.. We host guided fly fishing trips on several world class trophy brown trout waters on New Zealands South Island. ...
NIWA Library catalogue › Results of search for ccl=au:Schofield, K.A. (MAF Fisheries, Fisheries Research Centre. Wellington...
Preliminary biomass estimates of hoki and selected species from trawl surveys of Southland/Sub-Antarctic and the Chatham Rise, Oct-Dec. 1989, and comparison with previous Shinkai Maru surveys. by Hurst, R.J. (MAF Fisheries, Fisheries Research Centre. Wellington); Schofield, K.A. (MAF Fisheries, Fisheries Research Centre. Wellington). Source: New Zealand fisheries assessment research document. Publisher: Wellington : MAF Fisheries, 1990Other title: Preliminary biomass estimates of hoki and selected species from trawl surveys of Southland / Subantarctic and the Chatham Rise, Oct-Dec. 1989, and in comparison with previous Shinkai Maru surveys.Online Access: Click here to access online Availability: No items available ...
New Zealand Womans Weekly Celebrates 85 Years | Scoop News
She might be the oldest girl on the newsstand - blowing out an impressive 85th candles on her birthday cake this month - but New Zealand Womans Weekly is looking glossier and better than ever in a special birthday edition hitting shelves this ...
A dooring pilot project on Wellington Street making it safer for cyclists. - GoBiking.ca
A pilot project to reduce dooring that involved warning messages and large sharrows painted on a section of Wellington Street had been criticized for being confusing for motorists. Well, its almost three years later, and rather than confusing motorists, the pilot project seems to be having the desired effect of making it safer for cyclists on this stretch of Wellington Street.. For people who may be unfamiliar with the concept, dooring is what happens when a car door is suddenly opened in front of a cyclist. In many cases the cyclist cannot maneuver quickly enough to get around the door and the resulting collision can be very dangerous. At least one cyclist in Ottawa has died because of a dooring incident.. A few years ago there were 5 dooring incidents on Wellington between Parkdale and Holland. In response, the city initiated a pilot project in 2015 to encourage cyclists to stay more towards the middle of the road, and avoid the dooring zone in the area right next to the park cars. It ...
Wellington is a showcase of conservation projects. An example is Matiu (Somes Island) in Wellington Harbour. Until 1995 it was used as an animal quarantine station. Today it is a sanctuary for endangered species. The ancient native reptile, tuatara, has been released there, along with several bird species including kākāriki (parrots).. Further north, off the west coast, Mana Island is being restored. A range of seabirds and plant species have been successfully reintroduced. Both Matiu and Mana are open sanctuaries, which the public are free to visit. They complement the long established closed sanctuary on Kāpiti Island (permits are required for a visit), where native birds, including the rare kōkako and takahē, thrive.. In Wellington city Zealandia (formerly Karori Sanctuary) is a mainland island protected by a predator-proof fence. The little spotted kiwi has been reintroduced there after more than a centurys absence from the mainland.. Possum eradication has had a marked effect on ...
Wellington ward rated top again | News | News & Media | The Royal Free
Staff on Wellington ward, Chase Farm Hospitals post-operative ward, say they are proud after achieving top marks in a patient survey for the fifth month in a row.. Wellington ward was once again ranked highest out of all Chase Farm Hospital wards in Januarys NHS friends and family test, with 96.1% of patients surveyed saying they would recommend the service to their friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment.. Nefreteria Duncan, Wellington ward manager, said all staff working on the ward put the Royal Free Londons values - to be positively welcoming, actively respectful, clearly communicating and visibly reassuring - at the centre of everything they do.. She said: My ward staff are very welcoming to our patients when they come in. We always give them that world class care that every patient should get.. The nurses always smile, which makes the patient feel very comfortable. We always orientate them so they know where everything in the ward is. We show them the call bell ...
New Waiting Room for Kids at Wellingtons Emergency Department - Wellington Hospitals Foundation
Opened today, the dedicated area separates children from the main waiting room. It includes new seating, a TV and play area.. The main waiting area can become extremely busy and crowded, and was shared by adults and children, said ED charge nurse manager Ben Storey.. The new childrens waiting area provides a more comfortable safe space where children can play or watch DVDs, free from the sights and sounds they shouldnt be exposed to.. Wellington Hospitals Foundation is proud to fund this space and continue to make Wellington Regional Hospital child-friendly. ...
NZSTA Student Achievement Wellington Tickets, Thu 20/05/2021 at 6:00 PM | Eventbrite
Eventbrite - NZSTA presents NZSTA Student Achievement Wellington - Thursday, 20 May 2021 at St Andrews on The Terrace - Conference Rooms 1 & 2, Wellington, Wellington. Find event and ticket information.
Browse Books: Health & Fitness / Diseases / Skin | Wellington Square Books
206/74 Taranaki Street Te Aro Wellington City 6011 - 405429 - CENTURY 21 First Choice Realty Wellington Central
Perfect City Location! - 206/74 Taranaki Street Te Aro Wellington City 6011 - Apartment for Sale in Te Aro - 405429 - Located right in the heart of Wellingtons commercial and entertainment centre, with easy walking distance to a plethora of hotspots including offices...
Jobs in Wellington,KS | Find Your Perfect Wellington,KS Job and Apply Today | Monster
Search Wellington jobs and find great employment opportunities. Browse Militarys collection of full time and part time jobs in Wellington, Kansas and build your career today.
House Painters Wellington | Interior & Exterior Painting Wellington
Premier painting contractors in Wellington, offering high quality services at fair prices. Hire our interior/ exterior house painters in Wellington and revamp your space. Call now.
Part Time Jobs in Wellington Central Wellington - SEEK
Find your ideal job at SEEK with 207 part-time jobs found in Wellington Central Wellington. View all our vacancies now with new jobs added daily!
Wellington and Montgomery: General swapping?
Ive been doing a lot of reading on the Battle of Normandy recently for my forthcoming book. And I have always been a big fan of Wellington. Which got me thinking - what if Wellington had fought the battle of Waterloo in the style of Monty? And what if Wellington had been in command in…
Cities Matter: Are 20th Century Models Relevant to 21st Century Urbanisation?
adaptive urbanism (1) affordablity (2) agglomeration (2) agglomeration economies (1) allocative efficiency (1) Arab Spring (1) Auckland (43) Auckland central city (5) Auckland City (7) Auckland City Council (2) Auckland city reforms (4) Auckland Council (4) Auckland economy (4) Auckland housing affordability (3) Auckland housing market (1) Auckland industry (1) Auckland Plan (12) Auckland reform (2) Auckland spatial plan (8) Australia (1) automobile dependence (1) aviation (1) Better Local Government (1) British riots (1) brownfield development (1) buses (1) CBD (14) CBD development (7) CBD Rail Link (7) CBD Rail Loop (1) CBD renewal (1) central city employment (1) central city planning (4) central planning (2) central rail link (1) Centre for Housing Research Aotearoa New Zealand (1) centres-based growth (1) CERA (1) Christchurch (9) city boundaries (1) city centre (1) city demographics (2) city density (3) city form (2) city futures (1) city growth (6) city hinterland (1) city planning (5) ...
The New Zealand Rugby Injury and Performance Project: II. Previous injury experience of a rugby-playing cohort. | British...
The Rugby Injury and Performance Project (RIPP) is a prospective cohort study by a multidisciplinary research group. Rugby injuries constitute an important area for research because rugby union is New Zealands national sport and because of the considerable cost of all sports injury acknowledged by the Accident Rehabilitation and Compensation Insurance Corporation (ACC). The initial phase of data collection in the RIPP involved a pre-season questionnaire which, among other things, sought to establish variables relating to the past injury experience of players. The influence of previous injury, the use of safety equipment and the availability and significance of medical advice were among the variables identified by individual questionnaires. This paper analyses the responses to pre-season questions about injury experience in the previous 12 months. In so doing, it identifies baseline data which will be used to address a possible relationship between past injury experience and the prediction of ...
VCA Family Pet Resort | VCA Wellington Animal Hospital and Family Pet Resort in Newtown Square, PA | VCA Wellington Animal...
Get exceptional VCA Family Pet Resort | VCA Wellington Animal Hospital and Family Pet Resort services from highly experienced & loving pet care professionals in Newtown Square, PA. Visit VCA Wellington Animal Hospital and Family Pet Resort today.
Nut Consumption Is Associated With Better Nutrient Intakes: Results From the 2008/09 New Zealand Adult Nutrition Survey - A...
A limited number of studies have examined associations between nut consumption and nutrient intakes or diet quality. None has investigated these associations in the Southern Hemisphere. The purpose of this study was to examine associations between nut consumption and nutrient intakes among adult New Zealanders. Data from the 24-h recalls of 4721 participants from the cross-sectional 2008/09 New Zealand Adult Nutrition Survey (2008/09 NZANS) were used to determine whole nut intake and total nut intake from all sources as well as nutrient intakes. Regression models, both unadjusted and adjusted for potential confounders, were used to estimate differences in nutrient intakes between those consuming and those not consuming nuts. From adjusted models, compared with non-whole nut consumers, whole nut consumers had higher intakes of energy and percentage of energy from total fat, MUFA and PUFA, whereas percentage of energy from SFA and carbohydrate was lower (all P≤0·025). After the additional ...
New Zealand Sea Lion (Phocarctos hookeri) · iNaturalist
The New Zealand sea lion (Phocarctos hookeri), also known as Hookers sea lion, and whakahao in Māori, is a species of sea lion that primarily breeds on New Zealands subantarctic Auckland and Campbell islands and to some extent around the coast of New Zealands South and Stewart islands. The New Zealand sea lion numbers around 10,000 and is perhaps the worlds rarest sea lion species. They are the only species of the genus Phocarctos. (Source: Wikipedia, , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_sea_lion, CC BY-SA 3.0 . Photo: (c) Giverny, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC))
Plans in the New Hebrides | Items | National Library of New Zealand | National Library of New Zealand
Espíritu Santo I., Hog Harbour -- Espíritu Santo I., Baldwin Cove -- Espíritu Santo I., Bruat Channel and Segond Channel -- Espíritu Santo I., Table anchorage -- Espíritu Santo I., Lisburne anche. -- Espíritu Santo I., Nogugu anchorage -- Pentecost I., Steep Cliff Bay -- Malekula I., Lambumbu Harbour -- Malekula I., Port Sandwich. Archived by the National Library of New Zealand in TIFF. Relief shown by form lines and spot heights. Depths shown by soundings and isolines. Hydrographic Office. 1736. Scales differ ; Gnomonic proj. ...
Hong Kong (SAR) | New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
For many years New Zealanders have worked in Hong Kong in a variety of professions, and today theres a thriving expat community. Also a former British colony, Hong Kong and New Zealand share many common law traditions and a good number of New Zealand lawyers and judges practice in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a valuable source of international students for New Zealand, with 1,184 choosing to study here in 2014. There are also links between our universities and polytechnics, and an Education Cooperation Arrangement between our respective ministries of education. Tourism is strong in both directions. In 2014 more than 30,000 short term visitors from Hong Hong came to New Zealand, and the same number of New Zealanders visited Hong Kong. We have a popular and reciprocal working holiday arrangement with Hong Kong which up to 400 young people take advantage of each year. ...
Kiwis Highly Entrepreneurial Nation | Scoop News
New Zealanders are among the most highly entrepreneurial and innovative people in the world, said Acting Prime Minister Jim Anderton welcoming the news that New Zealand has ranked second in the world in a study of entrepreneurship.. The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) 2001, was in part sponsored by New Zealands Ministry of Economic Development and investigates the relationship between entrepreneurship, economic development and national prosperity in 29 countries. This is the first time New Zealand had been involved in the study.. New Zealand was ranked as the worlds second most entrepreneurial economy, ahead of other countries we often compare ourselves to such as Australia and the United States. This confirms what the Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, foreign business managers and kiwis themselves have told me, when New Zealanders put their minds to something we cant be beaten.. We need to know more about the talent and creativity that New Zealanders have and this survey will be ...
Prof. Wellington A. Oyibo | Health And Life Africa Healthy-living Initiative (HALA)
Wellington Oyibo is a Consultant Medical Parasitologist and an Associate Professor at the College of Medicine of the University of Lagos, Nigeria. His graduate studies were at the College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Lagos and at the Division of Geographic Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama, USA. With fifty published papers in medical literatures, Wellington Oyibo is a member of the Steering Committee on Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Test Evaluation of the World Health Organization ...
Wellington Orbit - Independent Cinema Office
Wellingtons Clifton Cinema originally opened as a cinema in January 1937. It closed in 1983 and briefly reopened in 1987 for just 18 months before its final closure in December 1988.. In 2013, with the building standing empty, The Clifton Community Arts Centre (CCAC) was established, aiming to raise awareness and funds with a view to re-opening the cinema. For a long time they were unable to acquire the building; but in 2016-7 a lease was signed and Wellington Orbit, a cinema, arts and community centre, came into being.. Work started in 2018 and the cinema opened in June 2019. The next phase of the project will see additional rooms in the building developed for use by community groups.. ...
Electronic Waste Wellington | Best E-Waste Recycling Wellington 2021
Looking for electronic waste Wellington? The majority of people are doing work day and night on computers. They keep pressing the Ctrl + S keys to save their work.
north island central
Map North Island , New Zealand. Look through our Map of North Island New Zealand. Use our Map North Island to find out the names of the North Island cities and towns that you will be driving through. Many of the place names are Maori. Have fun getting your tongue around the words, then talk to the locals to find out how they pronounce the town .... Get Price ...
Christchurch Airport Airlines, Christchurch Airport Flights New Zealand - Businesses
Christchurch Airport Airlines Directory. Christchurch Airport airlines may offer both domestic flights throughout New Zealand, as well as international flights. Christchurch Airport airlines provide a range of direct flights and connecting flights to suit a range of budgets, from first class to economy. International airlines provide flights around New Zealand as well as overseas. - Business Links
Chemsafety | Asbestos | Hazardous Substances | Workplace Monitoring | Wellington | Christchurch - Home
Chemsafety are occupational hygiene, hazardous substance & asbestos consultants based in Christchurch and Wellington. Services include asbestos testing, asbestos training, asbestos surveying and asbestos management plans. We also complete hazardous substance compliance certification, certified handler training and workplace environment testing.
Vivisection in New Zealand - NZAVS
While results from vivisection from around the world are used in New Zealand, regulations controlling hazardous substances, pharmaceuticals and many other areas, and the serious anti-vivisection focus is on eliminating the demand for vivisection in these areas, it should also be noted that vivisection is also performed in New Zealand. However if merely the performance of animal experiments was banned in New Zealand, the experiments would simply take place elsewhere in the world, with their dangerous and misleading results still being used in New Zealand regulations, with resulting negative impacts on human health.. While the number of animals used in New Zealand experiments seems high in absolute terms, it can pale into insignificance when compared to the millions and millions of animals being used in vivisection elsewhere in the world. This is why, in New Zealand, abolition requires both the elimination of vivisection performed in New Zealand and more importantly for the New Zealand regulations ...
New Zealand to support training of Cuban doctors - indiannewslink.co.nz
Supplied Content. Wellington, June 28, 2017. Foreign Minister Gerry Brownlee has announced the renewal of an agreement between New Zealand and Cuba that will boost medical assistance in Pacific countries.. The Cooperation Arrangement was first signed between New Zealand and Cuba in 2015 and enables Cuban doctors to receive language training in New Zealand before providing medical services in the Pacific Islands.. Mr Brownlee said that the Agreement, funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, has been renewed for three more years.. Shared interest. New Zealand and Cuba have a shared interest in the Pacific and extending this agreement between our two nations demonstrates our ongoing commitment to small island developing states. Since 2015, the arrangement has delivered positive results in the Pacific and renewing it will allow New Zealand to provide 18 weeks of language training for up to five Cuban medical personnel per year. I look forward to seeing further progress take place in this area, he ...
Black Friday For Sharks in Wellington | GREENPEACE New Zealand
Its Black Friday every day for sharks swimming in New Zealand waters. So when we realised New Zealands first-ever Shark Awareness Week included Friday the 13th we thought wed use it as an opportunity to illustrate that shark finning is still legal in New Zealand waters. Support a ban on shark finning in New Zealand: https://secure.greenpeace.org.nz/sharks/
Black Friday For Sharks in Wellington | GREENPEACE New Zealand
Its Black Friday every day for sharks swimming in New Zealand waters. So when we realised New Zealands first-ever Shark Awareness Week included Friday the 13th we thought wed use it as an opportunity to illustrate that shark finning is still legal in New Zealand waters. Support a ban on shark finning in New Zealand: https://secure.greenpeace.org.nz/sharks/
National Emergency Management Conference 2017 » Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management
Theme 1: Wellington: 7 months on from the Kaikoura earthquakes. The Kaikoura earthquake placed renewed emphasis on Wellington vulnerability to a major earthquake. Since then, various agencies have been working o projects including business continuity, building strengthening, community education and more. Find out whats been done and what the plans are for the future. Speakers include: Simon Fleischer, CEO Wellington Cable Car Company and Local Controller, Jenny Rains Community Services Manager, Wellington City Council, Mayor Ray Wallace, Mayor Hutt City, Derek Baxter, Building Intelligence Manager Wellington City Council.. Theme 2: Canterbury: 7 months on from the Kaikoura earthquakes. The November 2016 7.8 earthquake had significant impacts on the Hurunui, Marlborough and Kaikoura districts. Since then, major recovery efforts have been ongoing in all three Districts. Find out how things have been going, whats been achieved to date and the lessons learned along the way. Speakers include: Mayor ...
Cruiser Rammed, Methamphetamine Bust - STEPHENS Arrested Again | www.barriefreepress.com
TOWNSHIP OF CENTRE WELLINGTON ON - On January 6 2020 members of the Wellington County Ontario Provincial Police OPP responded to three separate occurrences that resulted in one person in custody and the seizure of a large quantity of methamphetamine and cash At approximately 9 05 a m the Wellington County OPP responded to a fail to remain collision involving a black sport utility vehicle SUV and a transport truck at the intersection of Wellington Road 18 and Wellington Road 29 Approximately 30 minutes later the SUV was involved in a gas drive-off from a business located on Tower Street in Fergus Police viewed the video footage and were able to confirm the identity of the driver who was known to police Police also confirmed that the vehicle had been taken without the owner s consent Investigation revealed that the suspect was currently bound by a Recognizance with another police service and was being tracked through an ankle monitoring system With the assistance of that police service officers
Ikea TROFAST Frame, light white stained pine34x44x91 cm in South Island NZ. - Idiya Ltd
Online Ikea Ikea TROFAST Frame, light white stained pine34x44x91 cm in South Island NZ. Lowest prices and largest range of IKEA Furniture in Christchurch, Nelson, Otago, West Coast, Tasman, Marlborough, Canterbury, South Island, New Zealand. Shop for Living room furniture, outdoor furniture, bedroom furniture, office and alot more !
Region: Australia & New Zealand / Format: Data archive or collection / Country: 4 selected / Topic: Elections - Data and...
You searched for: Region Australia & New Zealand Remove constraint Region: Australia & New Zealand Format Data archive or collection Remove constraint Format: Data archive or collection Country Angola Remove constraint Country: Angola Country Antigua and Barbuda Remove constraint Country: Antigua and Barbuda Country Andorra Remove constraint Country: Andorra Country Argentina Remove constraint Country: Argentina Topic Elections Remove constraint Topic: Elections ...
Family Planning Misleading New Zealand Women of Abortifacient Action of Jadelle Contraceptive Implants
Media Release - 10 August 2013. A Conspiracy of Silence - Family Planning. Right to Life has on 2nd November 2014 made a new media release on this topic. FLI post on Jadelle. Suggested Read on Jadelle. The Family Planning Association staff are inserting Jadelle implants into the arms of women in violation of their Health rights. Those rights are enshrined in the Health and Disability Act 2000. The rights are, Right 6, Right to be fully informed. Right 7,the Right to Make an Informed Choice and Give Informed Consent. An estimated 40,000 women in New Zealand have had the Long Acting Reversible Contraceptive [LARC] Jadelle implants inserted into their arms since the implants were fully funded by the government in 2010. Many of these women did so in the belief that the implants were solely a contraceptive. They have been cruelly and deliberately deceived for the implant is not only a contraceptive but is also an abortifacient, that is, that it not only prevents new life but it destroys new life. The ...
NIWA Library catalogue › Results of search for ccl=an:54020 and se:New Zealand Fisheries Assessment Report, and su-to:FISH...
Inshore trawl survey of the west coast South Island and Tasman and Golden Bays, March-April 2019 (KAH1902). by MacGibbon, D. J. (Daniel John). -- New ZealandMinistry for Primary Industries,; Fisheries New Zealand (Government agency). Publisher: Wellington : Fisheries New Zealand, Tini a Tangaroa, 2019.Online Access: FAR 2019/64 Fisheries Infosite , NIWA document server Holdings: ELECTRONICAvailability: Items available for reference: WELLINGTON [ELECTRONIC] (1 ). ...
auckland.scoop.co.nz » Auckland doctor one of three women to receive research fellowships » Print
The other two recipients of the Sir Charles Hercus Research Fellowship are Dr Helen Fitzsimons from Massey University and Dr Fiona McBryde from The University of Auckland.. Dr Fitzsimons will research how long-term memories are formed and stored, and how these processes are disrupted in people with cognitive disorders such as Alzheimers disease and dementia. Some 43,000 New Zealanders have dementia, and Alzheimers New Zealand project this will to increase to 74,000 by 2026. Dr Fitzsimons is particularly focusing on the role of histone acetylation in memory formation.. Dr McBryde will explore whether decreased blood flow (hypo-perfusion) in the brain is a key factor in the development of abnormally high blood pressure (hypertension). Undiagnosed or unmanaged hypertension leads to stroke, renal failure and coronary heart disease, among others.. The Sir Charles Hercus Health Research Fellowships, worth $500,000 each over four years, are awarded to outstanding emerging health researchers who are ...
Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square Hotel - UPDATED 2018 Prices & Reviews (New Zealand) - TripAdvisor
Book Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square Hotel, Christchurch on TripAdvisor: See 916 traveler reviews, 308 candid photos, and great deals for Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square Hotel, ranked #18 of 146 hotels in Christchurch and rated 4 of 5 at TripAdvisor.
Pulse+IT - PICS roll-out starts to gather momentum in South Island
A team from New Zealands South Island Alliance and vendor partner Orion Health will be touring South Island District Health Boards in the coming months to demo
Phil Rasmussen from Kiwiherb New Zealand Reports on Black cohosh and Alleged Liver Toxicity - New Zealand Health News from...
Concerns regarding the potential liver toxicity of black cohosh first appeared following publication of two Australian case reports in 2002(1).
Report investigates high hospitalisation rates for measles in Auckland region | ARPHS
1.10.2019. A report from the Auckland regional coordination centre for the measles outbreak has found the disproportionate number of pre-schoolers with the disease behind the high rate of hospitalisation.. Director of Health Outcomes for the Waitematā and Auckland DHBs, Dr Karen Bartholomew, says the report has found the proportion of people hospitalised with measles this year is 35 to 40 percent, and this is higher than anticipated.. In other outbreaks and in other countries the hospitalisation rate is usually closer to 10 percent.. We believe that the main reason for this is the high number and the high rate of children aged 0 - 4 years with measles. Young children are very susceptible to complications from measles such as pneumonia, Dr Bartholomew says.. Around 52 percent of children under 5 years with measles have been hospitalised in this outbreak, and Maori and Pacific children and adults are more likely to be in hospital with measles, with Maori rates at 41 percent and Pacific rates ...
Long-term metoprolol succinate solution confirmed - Pharmac | New Zealand Government
PHARMAC understands the importance of metoprolol succinate for so many New Zealanders, says PHARMAC Director of Operations, Sarah Fitt.. While patients have been able to get their medicine in one form or another, we know that this has been a very difficult time for many people, and we thank them for their understanding and patience through this time, says Ms Fitt.. New Zealand is one of the highest users of metoprolol succinate in the world, which means sourcing other stock internationally is difficult. PHARMAC recognises this and have put additional safeguards in place to help prevent future issues.. In addition to the contractual expectations PHARMAC has in place on all suppliers of medicines in New Zealand, were requiring AstraZeneca to hold a minimum of 4 months of safety stock of metoprolol succinate in New Zealand, instead of the standard 2 months, says Ms Fitt.. This safeguard should give patients confidence in the new agreement PHARMAC has with AstraZeneca, and in our ability to ...
Stephen Yan (Dr) M.B.Ch.B Acupuncturists Wellington Region | Yellow® NZ
We are Stephen Yan (Dr) M.B.Ch.B in the Wellington Region. We are your local providers in the Acupuncturists category. Get in touch now! ...
Sir Colin Meads New Zealand Rugby All Blacks legend signed+framed 6x4 Photo | eBay
Sir Colin Meads New Zealand Rugby All Blacks legend signed+framed 6x4 Photo | Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop, Autographs-Original, Rugby | eBay!
Fluoride Action Network | Wellington. Editorial: Fluoride debate gathers steam
OPINION: Inevitably, the fluoride debate will re-visit Wellington following Hamiltons decision to stop adding the chemical to its water supply.. The Fluoride Action Network will wheel out the latest study showing that fluoridated water leads to IQ loss, bone density damage, hip fractures and other problems.. A spokesman for the Ministry of Health will heave a heavy sigh and make generalisations about fluorides proven dental health benefits.. He may cite improvements in dental health since fluoride was added to water supplies from about 1960.. In fact, most of that improvement occurred after 1970, when fluoridated toothpaste appeared, but that probably wont be mentioned.. Fluoride does not make its way into teeth from the digestive system, but straight through the enamel, while the fluoride is in the mouth.. A spokesman for the dental profession has been particularly vocal on the subject.. He wont rebut the sometimes dodgy science of fluorides opponents, but instead resorts to ...
Wellington, Canada - Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo Weather
View the latest weather forecasts, maps, news and alerts on Yahoo Weather. Find local weather forecasts for Wellington, Canada throughout the world
One Day Conference 20th March 2016 | Cornea & Contact Lens Society
Sunday 20 March 2016. Our next conference is at Macs Function Centre on Wellingtons waterfront and will feature excellent education and a great location, a stones throw from Te Papa and walking distance from major hotels, serviced apartments and backpackers.. Click here to register and here for the full programme. Professor Fiona Stapleton from the University of New South Wales is the keynote speaker and her topics include Management of contact lens related corneal infection Complications of the eyelids and the effects of contact lens The impact of daily disposable contact lenses on corneal infection and inflammation - a microbiological perspectiveand Dry eye - who gets it and what causes it? Beyond DEWS.. Therell be plenty of education from this side of the Tasman:. Wellington ophthalmologist Dr Reece Hall will be talking about the Wellington Keratoconus Study which is currently being undertaken in Wellington secondary schools.. Lower Hutt optometrist and previous past president of ...
Biography of Rozana Lee, an Indonesian-born Auckland based artist whose work ranges from painting, installation, creative...
Rozana Lee was born in Aceh, Indonesia, a country with over three hundred ethnic groups and dialects, fourth generation of Chinese migrant descent. Growing up in Indonesia, her childhood was filled with accounts of racial and religious tensions. In 1998, following anti-Chinese violence in the form of rioting, robbing, raping, and killing, she left Indonesia and immigrated to Singapore where she met my husband, a European New Zealander and their two boys were born there. In 2004, the Boxing Day Tsunami hit Lees parental hometown and killed over 170,000 of its residents. Her mother was one of them. This prompted her to re-evaluate her life and in 2009, she gave up her 15 years banking career. After a year living in Suzhou, China, Lee immigrated permanently to Aotearoa New Zealand following her young family in 2010. Reviving her passion for art, she decided to pursue her second degree in Fine Arts ...
About Us - Amazing Value Massage
This clinic was established 22 years ago to provide exceptionally well priced Massages to members of the public. During these years we have seen many of our Wellington School of Massage Therapy students gain their clinical experience at Amazing Value Massage and leave to start up their own successful clinics.. The timing to close our Amazing Value Massage for good, on 6th December 2019, comes at a time when there are many options for Massage Therapists to look after their clients at their own clinic, or at a wide range of clinics around Wellington.. We continue to provide a wide range of trainings at our School - The Wellington School of Massage Therapy; and our Radiant Health Centre clinic continues to provide a range of modalities in Wellington, and has done so for over 25 years.. ...
HF10 Therapy - Cincinnati, OH: Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
Trusted Orthopaedic Surgery serving Cincinnati, OH. Visit our website to book an appointment online: Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
Vincent Massey Academy versus Montessori School of Wellington | Our Kids
Compare Vincent Massey Academy to Montessori School of Wellington in terms of curriculum, tuition, special needs, and more. Find and learn about the best private schools in Canada.
Video | Dr. Nicholas Sama, MD | Wellington, FL | Trauma Surgeon
Meet Doctor Nicholas Sama. Here are his vitals: Hes board certified, specializing in Orthopaedic Surgery. He has 9 years experience. The average for this specialty is 21 years. Highly regarded by his patients they rate him 4 out of 4 stars. They point out the time he spends with them. He has won a number of awards, including Patients Choice Award 2010 and Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2010. Is affiliated with these top rated hospitals. Graduated from highly rated University of Miami. His average waiting time is 17 minutes. He accepts new patients. There are several languages spoken in the office. He has a number of insurance plans accepted. Use Vitals.com to examine Doctor Nicholas H Sama from Wellington, Florida. See patient comments make an appointment or even let us help you to prepare for your visit. Vitals .com where doctors are examined.. ...
A preliminary census of the macrofungi of Mt Wellington, Tasmania- the sequestrate species - Open Access Repository
Trappe, JM and Bougher, NL and Castellano, MA and Claridge, AW and Gates, GM and Lebel, T and Ratkowsky, DA (2008) A preliminary census of the macrofungi of Mt Wellington, Tasmania- the sequestrate species. Papers and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania, 142 (2). pp. 85-95. ISSN 0080-4703 ...
Wellington Drive Force Main Replacement | Lake County, IL
Project Location: Wellington Drive, near Royal Melbourne Golf Course Pond in Long Grove. Project Description: Replacement of 500-feet of 4-inch diameter force main conveying wastewater from the Royal Melbourne Subdivision. The 30-year-old pipe has signs of corrosion and a history of breaks. The new pipe will be modern in material and installation, resulting in infrastructure that will last another 50+ years. ...
Students Blogging Aquaponics | Wellington Aquap...
I have a friend who teaches science to junior high students in Hawaii. Years ago he won a grant for a hydroponics and aquaponics garden, on which he has spent many weekends and afternoons. If you d... | Wellington Aquaponics
Veterinarians in Newtown Square, PA | VCA Wellington Animal Hospital and Family Pet Resort
VCA Wellington Animal Hospital and Family Pet Resort provides primary veterinary care for your pets. VCA is where your pets health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal.
Air Conditioning Check & Refresh | Barnstaple, Exeter & Wellington | South West Nissan
Air Conditioning Check & Refresh - find out more from South West Nissan in Barnstaple, Exeter & Wellington. Browse our website to explore excellent car maintenance solutions available at affordable prices.
Ernest Henry Wilson
Zealand. K. National Trust-Sheringham Park guide (1998) Retrieved 24 November 2008 The old men of the mountains: Yomiuri ... Three years later he set off for a two-year expedition through Australia, New Zealand, India, Central and South America, and ...
Silver Lake (Lanark-Frontenac)
"Zealand". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2020-08-29. "Camping". Silver Lake Provincial Park ... it along with the dispersed rural community of Zealand, northwest of the lake, are the two nearest communities. The nearest ...
"Zealand Bio". ZEALAND. Retrieved 4 October 2018. News, CCM (12 December 2017). "Newsboys 'Unite' for unprecedented 2018 tour". ... which he recorded in his home studio during lockdown in New Zealand. Zealand Worship - The EP (Word Records/Warner Bros. ... Philip Joel Urry (born 5 January 1973), known by his stage name Phil Joel, is a New Zealand musician and the bassist for the ... Philip Joel Urry was born in Auckland, New Zealand. He was lead singer and guitarist of the band Drinkwater. He joined the ...
"Zealand". Britannica.com. Retrieved 31 May 2014. "Distance Hoburg, Gotlands-Kommun, SWE → 57.96006234498054,19.34967041015625 ... with Denmark's Zealand at the Baltic's edge). With its total area of 3,183.7 km2 (1,229.2 sq mi) the island of Gotland and the ...
List of shipwrecks in June 1942
"Zealand". Uboat. Retrieved 21 February 2012. "Diana". it.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 4 June 2019. "Empire Mica". Uboat. 16 ...
... was a New Zealand web portal that existed under that name from 2007 to 2011. It was a joint venture between Yahoo!7 ... Telecom announced in April 2011 that it had sold its share to Yahoo!7 and Yahoo!Xtra was rebranded as Yahoo! New Zealand. ... This helped throw the anti-folk star under the spotlight in the New Zealand music scene, "Fidelity" becoming a hit single and ... When Telecom sold out in 2011, Yahoo!Xtra staff transferred to Yahoo! New Zealand. Telecom noted that Yahoo!7 would continue to ...
New Zealand continues to award the Efficiency Medal (New Zealand) and is one of a few countries to still do so. In the United ... New Zealand continues to award the Efficiency Medal (New Zealand) and is one of a few countries to still do so. The Volunteer ... New Zealand. The first five versions were awarded. Nigeria. The King George V, second King George VI and first Queen Elizabeth ... New Zealand Defence Force. Retrieved 4 July 2015. Mayo, John Horsley (1897). Medals and Decorations of the British Army and ...
List of shipwrecks in July 1832
"NEW ZEALAND". The Australian. 7 September 1832. "From Lloyd's List - Aug. 7". Caledonian Mercury (17324). 11 August 1832. "Ship ... Ingram, C. W. N., and Wheatley, P. O., (1936) Shipwrecks: New Zealand disasters 1795-1936. Dunedin, NZ: Dunedin Book Publishing ...
New Zealand. 15 March 2012. Archived from the original on 11 May 2020. Retrieved 11 May 2020. Moore, Sarah (18 January 2010). " ... George, Zoë (16 January 2018). "O'Riordan, a distinctive mezzo-soprano". Radio New Zealand. Archived from the original on 1 May ...
Indo-Pakistani wars and conflicts
New Zealand Defence Quarterly, Issues 24-29. New Zealand. Ministry of Defence. 1999. Retrieved 6 March 2016. Thomas, Raju (1992 ...
37 (244). New Zealand. October 19, 1906. p. 5. Retrieved December 30, 2017. Over 1,000 bodies are recovered, but cabled ... 7th Prime Minister of New Zealand (b. 1824) August 14 - Aniceto Arce, 27th President of Bolivia (b. 1824) August 19 - Ezequiél ... 15th Prime Minister of New Zealand (b. 1845) June 17 - Harry Nelson Pillsbury, American chess champion (b. 1872) June 25 - ...
VLs in New Zealand were also available with the 2.0-litre six-cylinder RB20E engine. The VL suffered from some common build ... New Zealand. Retrieved 10 December 2019. "Holden axes Commodore range to focus on SUVs and utes as sedan sales dwindle". ... This model was also sold as the VS Commodore Royale in New Zealand. Similar in specification to the Calais also sold in New ... In Australia, for the VN and succeeding models, the Commodore Berlina became known simply as the Berlina (but in New Zealand ...
New Zealand. Archived from the original on 17 May 2019. Samenow, Jason (10 May 2016). "Unraveling spiral: The most compelling ...
List of shipwrecks in 1841
col A, p. 7. "New Zealand". Port Phillip Gazette. Port Phillip. 21 November 1841. p. 3. "Ship News". The Standard (5481). ...
2011 Tucson shooting
New Zealand. South African Press Association. January 9, 2011. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved January 9 ...
New Zealand. T. neozelandica (Tonnoir, 1926) "Catalogue of the Craneflies of the World (Diptera, Tipuloidea: Pediciidae, ...
New Zealand. Chandler, N.G. Pulpwood plantations in South Africa. Proc. Aust. Paper Indus. Tech. Ass. Gutiérrez, Millán, W. ... It was also introduced in New Zealand for commercial purposes and is fully naturalized there. It is cultivated in the United ...
He is also represented in public collections in Australia; France; New Zealand; South Africa and the USA. Robert Bevan was the ...
The Kauri Museum is in the west coast village of Matakohe, Northland, New Zealand. The museum, to the south of the Waipoua ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Darroch Donald (2003). "Matakohe and the Kauri Museum". New Zealand. Footprint Travel ... and presents its representation of the kauri gum industry as part of the process of creating the New Zealand identity. It has ...
Pacific Economic Cooperation Council
Brian E Talboys, New Zealand 1989-1991, Hon. S. Chandra Das, Singapore 1991-1993, Ambassador Richard Fairbanks, USA 1993-1994, ... New Zealand 1988 PECC VI, Japan 1986 PECC V, Canada 1985 PECC IV, Korea 1983 PECC III, Indonesia 1982 PECC II, Thailand 1980 ... New Zealand; Peru; the Philippines; Singapore; Taiwan; Thailand; the United States; Vietnam and the Pacific Island Forum, one ...
First Indochina War
New Zealand. Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Auckland, N.Z.: Auckland University Press. ISBN 1-86940-340-1. OCLC 62369998. ... During 1952 and 1954, New Zealand provided from its obsolete and surplus but serviceable military stocks, a selection of ... Michigan State University Press Rabel, Roberto Giorgio, 1955- (2005). New Zealand and the Vietnam war : politics and diplomacy ...
He has represented New Zealand in age group basketball and has a black belt in Kung Fu. He comes from an extensive martial arts ... Elliot has represented and progressed through all levels of rugby in New Zealand. In 2004 he was part of the Under 19 team that ... He was also part of the New Zealand Under 21 and School Boys rugby team, captaining the latter. He played for the Hurricanes ... New Zealand. 7 May 2008. Retrieved 17 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Hikawera Elliot at AllBlacks.com ...
Within New Zealand, Darwin's Ant has become a household pest, owing to its wide food preference, in particularly sugary food ... A survey was done to show that it has the capability of displacing native New Zealand ants. The results were that in the ... Described by Forel in 1907, the species is endemic to Australia and introduced to New Zealand, and it nests in soil or under ... They have been found in kitchens in New Zealand feeding on confectionery items, jam, honey and cakes. There are concerns that ...
... is a trio of indigenous Māori musicians from New Zealand. The three members of Waiora are Horomona Horo, Korey Atama, ... "Maisey Rika, and Waiora featuring Horomona Horo.". Celtic Connections . New Zealand. Retrieved on 5 April 2015.. ... New Zealand. Taonga pūoro expert Richard Nunns and his protégé Horomona Horo were tutoring the workshop. Classical guitarist ... New Zealand January 2015 performances at Celtic Connections Albums Te Puaotanga O Te Ao, 2015 (Orowaru Arts & Minaaka LTD) ...
Yahoo! New Zealand. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link ...
Te Matua Ngahere
According to The New Zealand Herald, it has the biggest girth of any tree in New Zealand. As there is no means of measuring the ... Agathis australis Burstall, Stanley Walter; Sale, Edmund Vernon; New Zealand Forest Service (1984). Great trees of New Zealand ... It is stated to be the largest remnant of the extensive kauri forests of northern New Zealand. It is here that Te Matua Ngahere ... The ancient tree is considered to be a natural heritage of New Zealand. It is generally considered to be over 1500 years old, ...
Straight Shooter (Bad Company album)
New Zealand. Retrieved 16 December 2010. "Bad Company - Straight Shooter (album)" (ASP). Hung Medien. Norway. Retrieved 16 ...
British Empire Economic Conference
New Zealand. Session I-II Appendix, A-06. 1932.. ...
USS Swatara (1873)
New Zealand; and Chatham Island. She returned all but one of the parties (the Kerguelen party being picked up by USS ...
New Zealand. LXIV (3220): 1. 26 March 1900. Aldwych Theatre site C20th site City of London site Emory University's Shakespeare ...
Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand
Zealand Series - Wikipedia
Zealand Series (Danish: Sjællandsserien, SS, Herre Sjællandsserien) is the highest division for men organized by the regional ... The tournament was discontinued in the summer of 2008 and the level of the Zealand Series was increased. After full time the ... No final national playoff tournament was played due to World War I. The level for Zealand Series within the overall Danish ... Also the Lolland-Falster Series, that have historically always been located at the same level as the Zealand Series, would drop ...
Zealand Notch - Wikipedia
Zealand Pond, Zealand Falls, and the Zealand Falls hut are located near the height of land. Similarly to Crawford Notch to the ... Other trails in Zealand Notch include the Zealand Trail approaching along the Zealand River from the north, the Lend-a-Hand ... 3,600 ft./1,097 m.), an eastern arm of Zealand Mountain, to the west. The Appalachian Trail traverses Zealand Notch. From the ... Zealand Notch (el. 2457 ft./749 m.) is a mountain pass in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, United States. It is located in ...
Ranfurly, New Zealand - Wikipedia
"The New Zealand Herald. 12 July 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2011.. *^ "Ranfurly, New Zealand - Travel and vacation weather averages ... Ranfurly lies close to the heart of New Zealands curling-playing region, and the local club have represented New Zealand at ... Ranfurly is a town in the Central Otago District of Otago, New Zealand. Located 110 kilometres (68 miles) north of Dunedin, it ... The modern name honours the Fifth Earl of Ranfurly, who served as Governor of New Zealand (1897-1904) at the time of the ...
New Zealand - pg.12
A healthy lifestyle and beautiful scenery (shown here: Marian Lake Trail), with beaches, mountains and forests, make this island country a nice place to visit - and live. But if you plan to reside there long term, get ready for their stiff visa terms. The retirement category is only for two years, and there are minimum investment and income requirements. 15 Top Foreign Retirement Havens - pg.12
New Zealand scaup - Wikipedia
Distribution map of the New Zealand scaup (red) The New Zealand scaup (Aythya novaeseelandiae) commonly known as a black teal, ... Marshall, Janet; Kinsky, F.C.; Robertson, C.J.R. (1972). Common Birds in New Zealand. A.H. & A.W. Reed. p. 31. ISBN 0-589-00730 ... Moncrieff, Perrine (1961). New Zealand Birds and How to Identify Them. Whitcombe and Tombs Ltd. p. 113.. ... It is found throughout both the North and South Islands of New Zealand in deep freshwater lakes and ponds. Unlike other ...
Bellevue, New Zealand - Wikipedia
Bellevue is a suburb of Tauranga, in the Bay of Plenty Region of New Zealands North Island. Bellevue has an athletics club ... Bellevue had a population of 3,807 at the 2018 New Zealand census, an increase of 270 people (7.6%) since the 2013 census, and ... Gillespie, Kiri (31 May 2019). "Tauranga school shooter jailed". New Zealand Media and Entertainment. Bay of Plenty Times. Kerr ... "Statistical area 1 dataset for 2018 Census". Statistics New Zealand. March 2020. Bellevue (193100). 2018 Census place summary: ...
Murchison, New Zealand - Wikipedia
... the Encyclopedia of New Zealand. New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Retrieved 5 November 2018. "ArcGIS Web ... Murchison is a town in the Tasman Region of the South Island of New Zealand. It is near the western end of the "Four Rivers ... Murchison is defined by Statistics New Zealand as a rural settlement and covers 4.34 km2 (1.68 sq mi). It is part of the wider ... Annette King, New Zealand politician and diplomat "Murchison". NZHistory.net.nz. Retrieved 8 February 2016. CS1 maint: ...
Panasonic New Zealand
New Zealand - Wiktionary
Bokmål: New Zealand (no), Ny-Zealand. Nynorsk: New Zealand (nn), Ny-Zealand. ... Official name: New Zealand. Abbreviation: NZ or Aotearoa. *The islands of New Zealand, especially the North Island, South ... New Zealand. *A country in Oceania, to the east of Australia. ... New Zealand (plural New Zealands). *A rabbit of a breed that ... The word is also used in the attributive form, e.g. the New Zealand government. ...
New Zealand Articles | Telegraph Travel
Air New Zealand criticised for in-flight safety video featuring swimsuit model ... Tourists should take driving test and display T-plates, says New Zealand campaign ... British & Irish Lions official tour packages for New Zealand 2017 go on sale ... What to see, do and visit in New Zealand - according to readers ... 10 epic Middle Earth locations that really exist in New Zealand ...
November | GREENPEACE New Zealand
Blog | GREENPEACE New Zealand
Refrigerators | Panasonic New Zealand
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: New Zealand
The Catholic Church in New Zealand. The first Catholic settler in New Zealand was an Irishman named Thomas Poynton, who landed ... The history of Catholic journalism in New Zealand is in effect the history of the "New Zealand Tablet," founded by the late ... New Zealand (London, 1908); New Zealand Official Year-Book for 1906 (last census year) and for 1909; DOUGLAS, The Dominion of ... A Bibliography of the Literature Relating to New Zealand (Wellington, 1909), issued by the New Zealand Government-the most ...
Displays - Fujitsu New Zealand
New Zealand earthquake - Baltimore Sun
New Zealand, on February 22, 2011. At least 65 people died in the quake Prime Minister John Key said, adding that the death ... People walk through debris in the aftermath of a 6.3 magnitude earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, on February 22, 2011. ... People walk through debris in the aftermath of a 6.3 magnitude earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, on February 22, 2011. ... People walk through debris in the aftermath of a 6.3 magnitude earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, on February 22, 2011. ...
Sightseeing in Wellington, New Zealand
ERP Cloud | Oracle New Zealand
Healthcare Solutions : Fujitsu New Zealand
Zealand travel | Denmark - Lonely Planet
FedEx mobile and other services available for New Zealand. ... FedEx Express New Zealand - Privacy Statement. FedEx Express is ... The Office of the Privacy Commissioner provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal ... Appropriate persons in our parent and affiliated companies (which may be located within and outside New Zealand); ... please contact the Country Manager of FedEx New Zealand who is the designated Privacy Officer or by writing to us at 5 Laurence ...
New Zealand travel - Lonely Planet
New Zealand can be mellow or action-packed, but its always epic. ... Explore New Zealand holidays and discover the best time and ... Welcome to New Zealand. Get ready for mammoth national parks, dynamic Māori culture, and world-class surfing and skiing. New ... New Zealand isnt a place where you encounter many on-the-road frustrations: buses and trains generally run on time; main roads ... New Zealands all-conquering All Blacks would never have become back-to-back rugby world champions without their unstoppable ...
Radio New Zealand
The bill, designed to end New Zealands longest running land disputes, goes to Parliament for a second reading but hapū say the ... A virtual medical clinic that has begun operating in Patea could be the future model for rural health provision in New Zealand ... A powerful exhibition focused on opposition to New Zealands involvement in the First World War has opened at the Dominion ...
Travel Insurance and Assistance in New Zealand
PRNewswire/ -- Finaccords report titled Travel Insurance and Assistance in New Zealand is about the current status and likely ... data for the size of the market for stand-alone travel insurance and assistance in New Zealand between 2011 and 2015 in terms ... LONDON, July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Finaccords report titled Travel Insurance and Assistance in New Zealand is about the ... a review of other direct and affinity distribution channels used in New Zealand including automotive clubs, direct sales, ...
New Zealand - United States Department of State
New Zealand has a history of bailing out SOEs, including Air New Zealand, and the Bank of New Zealand. In 2013 it loaned funds ... New Zealand. www.sfo.govt.nz Transparency International New Zealand is the recognized New Zealand representative of ... New Zealand. www.transparency.org.nz 10. Political and Security Environment. New Zealand is a stable liberal democracy with ... Air New Zealands constitution requires that no person who is not a New Zealand national hold 10 percent or more of the voting ...
HL7 Australia - FHIR Seminar - HL7 New Zealand
New Zealand - United States Department of State
U.S.-New Zealand Relations New Zealand is a strong partner and friend of the United States. The U.S. diplomatic presence in New ... U.S. goods exports to New Zealand totaled $3.59 billion in 2016, and the U.S. imported $4.07 billion in goods from New Zealand ... The U.S. and New Zealand share common elements of history and culture and a commitment to democratic principles. New Zealands ... During World War II, U.S. military personnel were stationed in New Zealand to prepare for battles such as Guadalcanal and ...
Wellington201720192020AucklandMaori20182016Society of GenealogiSearchMāoriZealandersChristchurchUniversity of OtRealm of NewAotearoaStatistics New ZeaAustraliaAustralianShane SmeltzTreasury Working Paper SeriesEarthquake2001FantailZealand'sAssociation of New ZealandGovernment1985OtagoFreshwaterTravelClimate10,000Women'sRoskildeNovelistImmigrationCloseCountrySettlersLower HuttUnited NationsLegislationBritainKilometresCircaIndiaColonyHighwaysSurvivorsStewart IslandTiesOverseasRoadsDenmark
- Peter Morville's trip to New Zealand in February 2008 for the Webstock conference in Wellington (and some tramping in the Tararua range near the Kapiti coast). (flickr.com)
- The colony was planted in 1840 by a company, formed in England and known first as the New Zealand Company, afterwards as the New Zealand Land Company, which with auxiliary associations founded successively the settlements of Wellington , Nelson, Taranaki, Otago, and Canterbury . (newadvent.org)
- Having largely decarbonised its power generation, New Zealand needs to ensure its climate policies are effective in curbing emissions in all sectors, notably transport and agriculture," said OECD Environment Director Simon Upton, presenting the report in Wellington. (oecd.org)
- WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) - New Zealand Football is reported to be considering dropping the "All Whites" nickname of its national men's soccer team because of its racial connotation. (ap.org)
- WELLINGTON (Reuters) - First sales of Apple's new iPhone kicked off in New Zealand on Friday, with buyers, some of whom had camped in line for days, crowded outlets to buy the latest high-tech gadget to hit store shelves. (reuters.com)
- Fast shipping to your home in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Manukau City, Waitakere or any other city in New Zealand. (google.com)
- WELLINGTON (Reuters) - New Zealand will grant permanent residency to all survivors of the mass shooting at two Christchurch mosques in which 50 Muslim worshippers were killed, it said on Tuesday. (yahoo.com)
- While most travel to New Zealand for its beautiful landscape, Wellington is the one city not to miss. (ibtimes.com)
- On 2 November, 2017, the High Court of New Zealand issued a game-changing ruling. (greenpeace.org)
- The Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) agreement entered into force on December 30, 2018 for New Zealand, and instituted immediate tariff cuts on some key products, with subsequent cuts in early 2019. (state.gov)
- The 2019 Investment Climate Statement for New Zealand uses the exchange rate of NZD 1 = USD 0.68. (state.gov)
- New Zealand would ultimately concede tariff-free access to China for 96% of its products by 2019. (britannica.com)
- FILE PHOTO: People comfort each other before the Friday prayers at Hagley Park outside Al-Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand March 22, 2019. (yahoo.com)
- Immigration New Zealand said a new visa category called the Christchurch Response (2019) visa had been created. (yahoo.com)
- The only bid to file to host the 2020 Worldcon was New Zealand and the only bid to file to host the 2019 NASFiC was Utah. (sfsite.com)
- AUCKLAND--The Oct. 12 vote in New Zealand could be the most important poll of this century. (wsj.com)
- Shadbolt's attention focused especially on the 1860s, the period of the New Zealand Wars, fought between European colonists and the Maori over control of land. (britannica.com)
- Prince William and Kate were greeted by a traditional Maori welcome when they arrived at the Royal New Zealand Police College in Porirua - but the powhiri could barely be heard over the heavy rain. (smh.com.au)
- The Maori settle New Zealand in the thirteenth century. (wikimedia.org)
- The Maori and ACT New Zealand parties each won five seats, and United Future took one. (britannica.com)
- to the present-day students of Maori culture and New Zealand government. (factmonster.com)
- The Geographical Mobility of Maori in New Zealand ," Working Papers 05_05, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research. (repec.org)
- Bellevue had a population of 3,807 at the 2018 New Zealand census, an increase of 270 people (7.6%) since the 2013 census, and an increase of 408 people (12.0%) since the 2006 census. (wikipedia.org)
- The Murchison settlement had a usual resident population of 471 at the 2018 New Zealand census. (wikipedia.org)
- Nuun (pronounced 'noon') is proud to again partner with IRONMAN New Zealand for 2018, and will offer their new + improved plant-based electrolyte replacement sports drink, Nuun Active. (ironman.com)
- The Down Under Fan Fund (DUFF) is looking for candidates for this year's race to travel from Australia/New Zealand to the United States to attend Worldcon 76 in San Jose from August 16-20, 2018. (sfsite.com)
- U.S. goods exports to New Zealand totaled $3.59 billion in 2016, and the U.S. imported $4.07 billion in goods from New Zealand. (state.gov)
- Programmatic advertising is experiencing rapid growth in Australia and New Zealand , with research suggesting a significant majority of marketers in the country plan to increase their budgets for the format in 2016. (emarketer.com)
Society of Genealogi4
- A Special Interest Group of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists. (cyndislist.com)
- History, members ancestors research here and overseas, news letters of the Gore Branch of New Zealand Society of Genealogists. (cyndislist.com)
- Website for Hutt Valley Branch of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists describing. (cyndislist.com)
- A CD for sale from the New Zealand Society of Genealogists. (cyndislist.com)
- You can search the SAI Global Infostore to find the number of a New Zealand standard. (nla.gov.au)
- New Zealand rescue teams worked under search lights early Wednesday to find scores of people trapped under collapsed buildings after an earthquake struck the country's second-biggest city of Christchurch, killing at least 65 people. (ibtimes.com)
- In Māori, New Zealand is also known as Aotearoa, which is usually translated into English as the Land of the Long White Cloud. (wikimedia.org)
- An outstanding group of people with extensive and wide-ranging governance and health experience have been appointed to lead the Māori Health Authority and Health New Zealand, Health Minister Andrew Little says. (scoop.co.nz)
- The Society was formed to foster the study of New Zealand Military History, defined as the History of Warfare in New Zealand and of New Zealanders at War. (cyndislist.com)
- While Australia and New Zealand have close foreign policy ties, considerable intermigration and overlapping cultures, assuming New Zealanders are basically Australians will not gain you any New Zealander (or indeed Australian) friends. (wikitravel.org)
- A spokesperson for the New Zealand Society, a dining club for New Zealanders in London said: "It's a bit of a mixed message really. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The awards are given annually by The Science Fiction and Fantasy Association of New Zealand (SFFANZ) for excellence in science fiction and fantasy by New Zealanders and New Zealand residents. (sfsite.com)
- People walk through debris in the aftermath of a 6.3 magnitude earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, on February 22, 2011. (baltimoresun.com)
- The death toll I have at the moment is 65 and that may rise, said New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, who had flown to his home town of Christchurch, where he still has family. (ibtimes.com)
- It will be held in Christchurch, New Zealand, the gateway to the South Island with many beautiful places to visit before or after the conference. (rsc.org)
University of Ot1
- Biogeographer Jonathan Waters of the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand, is not convinced, however. (newscientist.com)
Realm of New1
- The Realm of New Zealand, including the Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau and the Ross Dependency. (wiktionary.org)
- The Anglican Missions Board enables the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia, in a spirit of partnership, to share in the global dimension to Christ's mission of proclaiming the Gospel, nurturing believers, responding to human need, transforming society, and caring for creation. (anglicancommunion.org)
- The New Zealand Church Missionary Society grew out of the work of the Church Missionary Society which began its ministry amongst Mario in Aotearoa-New Zealand in 1814. (anglicancommunion.org)
Statistics New Zea3
- New Zealand was then constituted a dependency of the Colony of New South Wales (Australia), but on 3 May, 1841, was proclaimed a separate colony. (newadvent.org)
- Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand is a leading service provider of business, information technology and communications solutions. (fujitsu.com)
- He had begun publishing stories in the 1930s, attempting to do for New Zealand what Mark Twain had done for America and Henry Lawson for Australia-find a language in fiction that represented the New Zealand voice and character. (britannica.com)
- Quarantine-free travel from Australia to New Zealand is suspended. (immigration.govt.nz)
- New Zealand's relationship with the U.S. in the post-World War II period was closely associated with the 1951 Australia-New Zealand-United States (ANZUS) security treaty, under which signatories agreed to consult in case of an attack in the Pacific and to 'act to meet the common danger. (state.gov)
- Marketers and IT professionals in Australia and New Zealand believe a number of challenges are holding back successful implementation of marketing technology programs. (emarketer.com)
- According to a recent survey, more than a third of marketing professionals in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore found organic and paid social effective channels for attracting new customers. (emarketer.com)
- New Zealand is notable for its geographic isolation, being separated from ► Australia to the northwest by the Tasman Sea, some 2000 kilometres (1250 miles) across. (wikimedia.org)
- Databases included, members interests, Welsh born people located out of Wales, immigration to New South Wales Australia, they came to New Zealand, Police Gazette, Clwyd born married elsewhere, articles published in The Welsh Connection, about The Welsh Interest Group. (cyndislist.com)
- Some Australians may joke about New Zealand being another 'state' of Australia. (wikitravel.org)
- In many ways, Australia and New Zealand have a similar outlook towards the other. (wikitravel.org)
- During that time New Zealand and Australia were both part of the same landmass, which suggests that land mammals also lived in New Zealand, and were perhaps driven to extinction at a later date. (newscientist.com)
- Geologists have argued that New Zealand was submerged beneath the sea from 25 to 30 million years ago, and re-colonised by plant and animal species from nearby landmasses like Australia once it re-emerged. (newscientist.com)
- Copies of old and rare books onto CDs to help genealogists and historians with their research in Australia and New Zealand. (cyndislist.com)
- Negotiations have intensified between China and New Zealand and China and Australia to create separate free trade areas (FTA), which, if established, will virtually guarantee the world's most populous nation a greater economic and political role in the region. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Another important reason China is negotiating FTAs with the two Oceanic nations is that New Zealand has recognized China's market economy status (MES) while Australia plans to recognize China's MES. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Compared with the European Union (EU) and the United States, which are most likely to use China's non-MES to defend their domestic markets against surging imports of Chinese goods, Australia and New Zealand are relatively small, Liu told China Business Weekly. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- For that reason, New Zealand and Australia are much less likely to be severely affected by China's exports, Liu added. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- China, given its rising strength as a manufacturing centre, has become a major buyer of goods from New Zealand and Australia. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- For those reasons, New Zealand and Australia are willing to recognize China's MES, and to work towards free trade pacts with China, especially since global trade liberalization talks, under WTO, have apparently been stranded, said Ding Dou, an associate professor with Peking University's School of International Relations. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Even after China fully implements its WTO commitments, which it must do by 2006, the country will continue to impose relatively high tariffs on agricultural products that New Zealand and Australia export. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- For China, free trade with New Zealand and Australia will be economically and politically beneficial. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- New Zealand Journal of Botany publishes original research papers on all aspects of the botany, mycology, and phycology of the South Pacific, Australia, South America, and Antarctica. (worldcat.org)
- Candidates should contact either Paul Weimer or Clare McDonald-Sims and have two North American nominators and three Australia/New Zealand nominators. (sfsite.com)
- As one of the largest ICT companies in the Australian and New Zealand marketplace, we partner with our customers to consult, design, build, operate and support business solutions. (fujitsu.com)
- Today the only land mammals that live in New Zealand are animals like Australian possums - which have arrived since human settlement - although the country does have its own species of bats, seals and sea lions. (newscientist.com)
- But the Sino-New Zealand and Sino-Australian FTAs are far from done deals, suggest analysts. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Mauro Camoranesi of Italy is brought down by Shane Smeltz and Andy Barron of New Zealand during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group F match between Italy and New Zealand at the Mbombela Stadium on June 20, 2010 in Nelspruit, South Africa. (baltimoresun.com)
Treasury Working Paper Series3
- Migration and Economic Growth: a 21st Century Perspective ," Treasury Working Paper Series 06/02, New Zealand Treasury. (repec.org)
- Internal Mobility in New Zealand ," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/04, New Zealand Treasury. (repec.org)
- Economic Geography - Key Concepts ," Treasury Working Paper Series 00/12, New Zealand Treasury. (repec.org)
- New Zealand earthquake tourist advice: is it safe to travel? (telegraph.co.uk)
- In the 2001 UK Census, 57,916 people born in New Zealand were recorded as living in Britain, up about 40 per cent on 1991 and equal to 0.1 per cent of the population. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The charming Fantail (Piwaiwaka or Piwakawaka) is still a common part of New Zealand fauna. (answers.com)
- Ranfurly lies close to the heart of New Zealand's curling -playing region, and the local club have represented New Zealand at the 1999 , 2004 , and 2005 World Championships (finishing tenth, seventh and eighth respectively), as well as providing members for the New Zealand 2006 Winter Olympics curling team. (wikipedia.org)
- The first Speaker of the New Zealand House of Representatives (1853-60), the late Sire Charles Clifford, was a Catholic , and his son, Sir George Clifford, one of New Zealand's prominent public men, though born in the dominion was educated at Stonyhurst College , and has shown his fidelity to old ties by naming his principal New Zealand residence "Stonyhurst. (newadvent.org)
- In April New Zealand became the first Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development member country to conclude a comprehensive free-trade agreement with China, in a deal calculated to boost New Zealand's annual exports to China, currently valued at some $NZ 2 billion (about U.S.$1.5 billion), by up to $NZ 400 million (about U.S.$300 million). (britannica.com)
- Standards New Zealand is New Zealand's leading developer of Standards and Standards based solutions. (nla.gov.au)
- The Airpoints Dollars you earn are transferred directly to your Air New Zealand Airpoints Account and can be redeemed for domestic or international flights to over 1300 destinations across 190 countries - thanks to Air New Zealand's global Star Alliance network and other airline partners. (americanexpress.com)
Association of New Zealand2
- Pakistan Association of New Zealand president Naveed Hamid said his group had organised the march because Muslims wanted to make their hurt felt to the public. (theage.com.au)
- Campbell Smith, CEO of the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand, welcomes the passage of the bill into law because it provides content creators and users alike with a degree of certainty. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- The word is also used in the attributive form, e.g. the New Zealand government . (wiktionary.org)
- Two years ago, a courageous law student, Sarah Thomson, sued the New Zealand Government over its weak climate targets. (greenpeace.org)
- The government has also passed legislation - and proposed further legislation - that tightens rules governing the ability of overseas persons to invest in New Zealand. (state.gov)
- The government introduced a bill requiring non-resident companies to charge New Zealand sales tax on low-value items they export to New Zealand, and considered the implementation of a digital services tax to target large multinational companies before the OECD releases expected guidelines. (state.gov)
- The government categorically ruled out a capital gains tax, leaving New Zealand one of just several Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries to not have one. (state.gov)
- The New Zealand Government condemned the newspapers, but that did not stop Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday ordering the cancellation of economic contracts with countries where the media have carried the 'repulsive' cartoons. (theage.com.au)
- Beginning with the 1938 Social Security Act, a consensus developed in New Zealand that government has a fundamental role in providing for the population's health care needs. (commonwealthfund.org)
- Earlier this year New Zealand government announced personal tax cuts in a bid to halt the brain drain. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Backed by the New Zealand Film Commission and the Samoan government, the Blueskin Films pic bowed at the Venice Film Festival last month where it received a special mention. (variety.com)
- Dr Maas, who is speaking at the international marine conference organised by the Universities of Aberdeen and St Andrews, is urging the New Zealand government not to bow to industry pressure and to ban the fishing methods in waters up to 100m deep to save the species. (care2.com)
- It is the most quickly developing area in the continent and serves as the main source of income to the government of New Zealand. (travlang.com)
- Ranfurly is a town in the Central Otago District of Otago , New Zealand. (wikipedia.org)
- The modern name honours the Fifth Earl of Ranfurly , who served as Governor of New Zealand (1897-1904) at the time of the extension of the Otago Central Railway to the area. (wikipedia.org)
- Now, research by Dr Liz Slooten, from Otago University in New Zealand, suggests that gillnets are drowning 23 Hector's dolphins a year on the east coast of the South Island. (care2.com)
- It is found throughout both the North and South Islands of New Zealand in deep freshwater lakes and ponds. (wikipedia.org)
- Aware of the need to safeguard water quality, New Zealand has begun a process of freshwater policy reforms with a Clean Water Package of proposals in February that address some of the OECD recommendations. (oecd.org)
- Be sure to allow sufficient time to travel in New Zealand. (wikitravel.org)
- in the neighbourhood is a waterfall (the Sutherland Falls) over 1900 feet in height, Judged by mortality statistics the climate of new Zealand is one of the best and healthiest in the world. (newadvent.org)
- For every skilled worker leaving New Zealand, the goverment is estimated to lose US$10,000. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Ranfurly has been the birthplace of several recent members of the New Zealand women's (field) hockey team. (wikipedia.org)
- In the midst of Fonterra's ongoing campaign to promote its Anlene brand of bone health products, eMarketer's David Green spoke with Rohini Behl, marketing director of Fonterra Brands Indonesia, about the New Zealand -based dairy cooperative's strategy to have a conversation about women's health. (emarketer.com)
- The veteran forward was lamenting her missed chances, even though the U.S. national team defeated New Zealand 6-1 in the group stage of the women's soccer tournament at the Tokyo Olympics. (ap.org)
- SAITAMA, Japan (AP) - After a stunning loss in the opener, the U.S. women's soccer team vowed to be ruthless against New Zealand. (ap.org)
- Players from the United States, Sweden, Chile, Britain and New Zealand women's teams went to a knee. (ap.org)
- Since Roskilde is a major and ancient settlement on Zealand, accessible by sea through the narrow Roskilde Fjord (branched from the Isefjord), it has been assumed that the sailors named the island after this. (wikipedia.org)
- Among his most notable younger protégés were Maurice Duggan, whose stories brought a new level of sophistication into New Zealand fiction, and the novelist Janet Frame , whose fame was to outstrip that of her mentor. (britannica.com)
- Rory Fallon went close to a second goal for New Zealand three minutes later only for Stojković to rescue his side. (uefa.com)
- The quantity and quality of the grazing land available has made New Zealand a great wool, meat, and dairy-produce country. (newadvent.org)
- While the country only accounts for a tiny share of global emissions, the OECD's third Environmental Performance Review of New Zealand finds that intensive dairy farming, road transport and industry have pushed up gross GHG emissions by 23% since 1990. (oecd.org)
- New Zealand is a country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean comprising two large islands (the North Island and the South Island) and numerous smaller islands, most notably Stewart Island and the Chatham Islands. (wikimedia.org)
- New Zealand became the latest nation unwillingly drawn in at the weekend, after two newspapers ran the cartoons in a move likely to cost the country its $NZ100 million ($A92 million) sheep trade with Iran. (theage.com.au)
- New Zealand has always been an invitation to experience the miraculously harmonious in a country that gets it right. (news.com.au)
- On behalf of the Ferrari Owners Club of New Zealand, I would like to extend an open invitation to our fellow Ferrarista around the world to vist us in our beautiful country as borders continue to open following the pandemic. (ferrari.com)
- Understand== New Zealand has been called "''God's own country''" and the "''Paradise of the Pacific''" since the early 1800s. (wikitravel.org)
- New Zealand has the worst record among the developed nations for retaining its skilled workers, with nearly a quarter of them having left the country, a World Bank study has revealed. (telegraph.co.uk)
- New Zealand is the first developed country to do so. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- New Zealand is a landscape country,' iReporter Peter Kurdulija said. (cnn.com)
- A book by John MacGibbon which looks at the motivations and pioneer experiences of early Scots settlers in New Zealand. (cyndislist.com)
- The branch covers the area of Lower Hutt, Hutt City and Upper Hutt in New Zealand. (cyndislist.com)
- New Zealand Prime Minister John Key will discuss the war and his country's deployment when he meets United Nations and NATO leaders in New York this week. (globalsecurity.org)
- The prominent feature of the political history of the past twenty years has been the introduction and development of that body of "advanced" legislation for which the name of New Zealand has become more or less famous. (newadvent.org)
- It has also passed a range of legislation that aligns New Zealand law with international norms such as the criminalization of cartel behavior. (state.gov)
- New Zealand is claimed by Britain in 1840 and New Zealand becomes part of New South Wales. (wikimedia.org)
- Waters points to the case of the Chatham Islands, 600 kilometres to the east of New Zealand, which emerged only a few million years ago and are home to lizards that could only have got there by rafting. (newscientist.com)
- Despite its stunning, rugged coastline the primary industry is farming -- not tourism -- and it feels like New Zealand circa the 1950s. (cnn.com)
- New Zealand also agreed to a closer economic partnership agreement with Japan, made progress on free-trade negotiations with India, and commenced preparatory talks on a free-trade deal with South Korea. (britannica.com)
- New Zealand-formerly described as a colony-has, since September, 1907, by royal proclamation, been granted the style and designation of "Dominion," the territory remaining, of course, as before under British sovereignty. (newadvent.org)
- A year later New Zealand becomes a separate British colony. (wikimedia.org)
- Many of the roads in New Zealand are long and winding, unlike major highways, and cut through dramatic landscapes. (cnn.com)
- The discovery of non-flying mammal fossils in the Miocene of New Zealand is extremely significant, implying that archaic mammals that appeared at the time of the dinosaurs have been living as 'survivors' on New Zealand for probably a hundred million years. (newscientist.com)
- If however you have plenty of time to wait for suitable weather windows, January and February are the best times of year to attempt cruising around the South of New Zealand and to Stewart Island. (noonsite.com)
- Commercial ties between the U.S. and New Zealand are strong and growing. (state.gov)
- The second phase considers restricting foreign investment in New Zealand assets that have a "national interest," introducing regulations for overseas companies that extract water in New Zealand and bottle for export, and considering other assets that should be subject to screening, particularly those that fall below the current NZD 100 million (USD 68 million) threshold. (state.gov)
- The NZ Church Missionary Association (1892) and later NZCMS (1916) moved the focus from mission in New Zealand to overseas. (anglicancommunion.org)
- Delays and disruptions hit New Zealand roads and airports, power lines were damaged and businesses were disrupted for the third day running as heavy snow continued to fall across the nation. (wsj.com)
- Zealand or Sealand (Danish: Sjælland [ˈɕɛˌlænˀ], in English also occasionally), at 7,031 km2, is the largest and most populous island in Denmark proper (thus excluding Greenland and Disko Island, which are larger in size). (wikipedia.org)
- She removed a piece of land and transported it to Denmark, which became Zealand. (wikipedia.org)
- Beginning with the 2015-16 season, the two group winners in a given season enters a play-off final match against each other to determine the Zealand Championship (Sjællandsmesterskabet) - both are automatically promoted to the Denmark Series. (wikipedia.org)