Encephalitis Virus, Murray Valley: A species of FLAVIVIRUS, one of the Japanese encephalitis virus group (ENCEPHALITIS VIRUSES, JAPANESE), found in Australia and New Guinea. It causes a fulminating viremia resembling Japanese encephalitis (ENCEPHALITIS, JAPANESE).Propofol: An intravenous anesthetic agent which has the advantage of a very rapid onset after infusion or bolus injection plus a very short recovery period of a couple of minutes. (From Smith and Reynard, Textbook of Pharmacology, 1992, 1st ed, p206). Propofol has been used as ANTICONVULSANTS and ANTIEMETICS.Encephalitis, Arbovirus: Infections of the brain caused by arthropod-borne viruses (i.e., arboviruses) primarily from the families TOGAVIRIDAE; FLAVIVIRIDAE; BUNYAVIRIDAE; REOVIRIDAE; and RHABDOVIRIDAE. Life cycles of these viruses are characterized by ZOONOSES, with birds and lower mammals serving as intermediate hosts. The virus is transmitted to humans by the bite of mosquitoes (CULICIDAE) or TICKS. Clinical manifestations include fever, headache, alterations of mentation, focal neurologic deficits, and COMA. (From Clin Microbiol Rev 1994 Jan;7(1):89-116; Walton, Brain's Diseases of the Nervous System, 10th ed, p321)Flavivirus: A genus of FLAVIVIRIDAE containing several subgroups and many species. Most are arboviruses transmitted by mosquitoes or ticks. The type species is YELLOW FEVER VIRUS.Anesthetics, Intravenous: Ultrashort-acting anesthetics that are used for induction. Loss of consciousness is rapid and induction is pleasant, but there is no muscle relaxation and reflexes frequently are not reduced adequately. Repeated administration results in accumulation and prolongs the recovery time. Since these agents have little if any analgesic activity, they are seldom used alone except in brief minor procedures. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p174)Encephalitis Viruses: A collection of single-stranded RNA viruses scattered across the Bunyaviridae, Flaviviridae, and Togaviridae families whose common property is the ability to induce encephalitic conditions in infected hosts.Arboviruses: Arthropod-borne viruses. A non-taxonomic designation for viruses that can replicate in both vertebrate hosts and arthropod vectors. Included are some members of the following families: ARENAVIRIDAE; BUNYAVIRIDAE; REOVIRIDAE; TOGAVIRIDAE; and FLAVIVIRIDAE. (From Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, 2nd ed)Encephalitis Virus, Japanese: A species of FLAVIVIRUS, one of the Japanese encephalitis virus group (ENCEPHALITIS VIRUSES, JAPANESE), which is the etiological agent of Japanese encephalitis found in Asia, southeast Asia, and the Indian subcontinent.Flavivirus Infections: Infections with viruses of the genus FLAVIVIRUS, family FLAVIVIRIDAE.Papua New Guinea: A country consisting of the eastern half of the island of New Guinea and adjacent islands, including New Britain, New Ireland, the Admiralty Islands, and New Hanover in the Bismarck Archipelago; Bougainville and Buka in the northern Solomon Islands; the D'Entrecasteaux and Trobriand Islands; Woodlark (Murua) Island; and the Louisiade Archipelago. It became independent on September 16, 1975. Formerly, the southern part was the Australian Territory of Papua, and the northern part was the UN Trust Territory of New Guinea, administered by Australia. They were administratively merged in 1949 and named Papua and New Guinea, and renamed Papua New Guinea in 1971.Hypnotics and Sedatives: Drugs used to induce drowsiness or sleep or to reduce psychological excitement or anxiety.Vero Cells: A CELL LINE derived from the kidney of the African green (vervet) monkey, (CERCOPITHECUS AETHIOPS) used primarily in virus replication studies and plaque assays.West Nile virus: A species of FLAVIVIRUS, one of the Japanese encephalitis virus group (ENCEPHALITIS VIRUSES, JAPANESE). It can infect birds and mammals. In humans, it is seen most frequently in Africa, Asia, and Europe presenting as a silent infection or undifferentiated fever (WEST NILE FEVER). The virus appeared in North America for the first time in 1999. It is transmitted mainly by CULEX spp mosquitoes which feed primarily on birds, but it can also be carried by the Asian Tiger mosquito, AEDES albopictus, which feeds mainly on mammals.Viral Nonstructural Proteins: Proteins encoded by a VIRAL GENOME that are produced in the organisms they infect, but not packaged into the VIRUS PARTICLES. Some of these proteins may play roles within the infected cell during VIRUS REPLICATION or act in regulation of virus replication or VIRUS ASSEMBLY.Conscious Sedation: A drug-induced depression of consciousness during which patients respond purposefully to verbal commands, either alone or accompanied by light tactile stimulation. No interventions are required to maintain a patent airway. (From: American Society of Anesthesiologists Practice Guidelines)Anesthetics, Combined: The use of two or more chemicals simultaneously or sequentially to induce anesthesia. The drugs need not be in the same dosage form.Anesthesia Recovery Period: The period of emergence from general anesthesia, where different elements of consciousness return at different rates.Thiopental: A barbiturate that is administered intravenously for the induction of general anesthesia or for the production of complete anesthesia of short duration.Anesthetics, Inhalation: Gases or volatile liquids that vary in the rate at which they induce anesthesia; potency; the degree of circulation, respiratory, or neuromuscular depression they produce; and analgesic effects. Inhalation anesthetics have advantages over intravenous agents in that the depth of anesthesia can be changed rapidly by altering the inhaled concentration. Because of their rapid elimination, any postoperative respiratory depression is of relatively short duration. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p173)Viral Envelope Proteins: Layers of protein which surround the capsid in animal viruses with tubular nucleocapsids. The envelope consists of an inner layer of lipids and virus specified proteins also called membrane or matrix proteins. The outer layer consists of one or more types of morphological subunits called peplomers which project from the viral envelope; this layer always consists of glycoproteins.Methyl Ethers: A group of compounds that contain the general formula R-OCH3.Alfentanil: A short-acting opioid anesthetic and analgesic derivative of FENTANYL. It produces an early peak analgesic effect and fast recovery of consciousness. Alfentanil is effective as an anesthetic during surgery, for supplementation of analgesia during surgical procedures, and as an analgesic for critically ill patients.Anesthesia, General: Procedure in which patients are induced into an unconscious state through use of various medications so that they do not feel pain during surgery.Deep Sedation: Drug-induced depression of consciousness during which patients cannot be easily aroused but respond purposely following repeated painful stimulation. The ability to independently maintain ventilatory function may be impaired. (From: American Society of Anesthesiologists Practice Guidelines)Antibodies, Viral: Immunoglobulins produced in response to VIRAL ANTIGENS.Molecular Sequence Data: Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.Cercopithecus aethiops: A species of CERCOPITHECUS containing three subspecies: C. tantalus, C. pygerythrus, and C. sabeus. They are found in the forests and savannah of Africa. The African green monkey (C. pygerythrus) is the natural host of SIMIAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS and is used in AIDS research.Monitoring, Intraoperative: The constant checking on the state or condition of a patient during the course of a surgical operation (e.g., checking of vital signs).Midazolam: A short-acting hypnotic-sedative drug with anxiolytic and amnestic properties. It is used in dentistry, cardiac surgery, endoscopic procedures, as preanesthetic medication, and as an adjunct to local anesthesia. The short duration and cardiorespiratory stability makes it useful in poor-risk, elderly, and cardiac patients. It is water-soluble at pH less than 4 and lipid-soluble at physiological pH.Etomidate: Imidazole derivative anesthetic and hypnotic with little effect on blood gases, ventilation, or the cardiovascular system. It has been proposed as an induction anesthetic.Methohexital: An intravenous anesthetic with a short duration of action that may be used for induction of anesthesia.Fentanyl: A potent narcotic analgesic, abuse of which leads to habituation or addiction. It is primarily a mu-opioid agonist. Fentanyl is also used as an adjunct to general anesthetics, and as an anesthetic for induction and maintenance. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1078)Consciousness Monitors: Devices used to assess the level of consciousness especially during anesthesia. They measure brain activity level based on the EEG.Anesthetics, General: Agents that induce various degrees of analgesia; depression of consciousness, circulation, and respiration; relaxation of skeletal muscle; reduction of reflex activity; and amnesia. There are two types of general anesthetics, inhalation and intravenous. With either type, the arterial concentration of drug required to induce anesthesia varies with the condition of the patient, the desired depth of anesthesia, and the concomitant use of other drugs. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p.173)Electroencephalography: Recording of electric currents developed in the brain by means of electrodes applied to the scalp, to the surface of the brain, or placed within the substance of the brain.Anesthetics: Agents that are capable of inducing a total or partial loss of sensation, especially tactile sensation and pain. They may act to induce general ANESTHESIA, in which an unconscious state is achieved, or may act locally to induce numbness or lack of sensation at a targeted site.Anesthesia: A state characterized by loss of feeling or sensation. This depression of nerve function is usually the result of pharmacologic action and is induced to allow performance of surgery or other painful procedures.Isoflurane: A stable, non-explosive inhalation anesthetic, relatively free from significant side effects.Amino Acid Sequence: The order of amino acids as they occur in a polypeptide chain. This is referred to as the primary structure of proteins. It is of fundamental importance in determining PROTEIN CONFORMATION.Base Sequence: The sequence of PURINES and PYRIMIDINES in nucleic acids and polynucleotides. It is also called nucleotide sequence.Nitrous Oxide: Nitrogen oxide (N2O). A colorless, odorless gas that is used as an anesthetic and analgesic. High concentrations cause a narcotic effect and may replace oxygen, causing death by asphyxia. It is also used as a food aerosol in the preparation of whipping cream.Motion Pictures as Topic: The art, technique, or business of producing motion pictures for entertainment, propaganda, or instruction.Famous PersonsMississippiPharmacists: Those persons legally qualified by education and training to engage in the practice of pharmacy.Superstitions: A belief or practice which lacks adequate basis for proof; an embodiment of fear of the unknown, magic, and ignorance.Expert Testimony: Presentation of pertinent data by one with special skill or knowledge representing mastery of a particular subject.Democracy: A system of government in which there is free and equal participation by the people in the political decision-making process.Lorazepam: A benzodiazepine used as an anti-anxiety agent with few side effects. It also has hypnotic, anticonvulsant, and considerable sedative properties and has been proposed as a preanesthetic agent.History, 19th Century: Time period from 1801 through 1900 of the common era.Los Angeles
Murray, H; Marik, PE (2005). "Etomidate for endotracheal intubation in sepsis: acknowledging the good while accepting the bad ... Drexler, B; Jurd, R; Rudolph, U; Antkowiak, B (2009). "Distinct actions of etomidate and propofol at beta3-containing gamma- ... Miner, JR; Danahy, M; Moch, A; Biros, M (2007). "Randomized clinical trial of etomidate versus propofol for procedural sedation ... Sivilotti, ML; Filbin, MF; Murray, HE; Slasor, P; Walls, RM; Near, Investigators (2003). "Does the sedative agent facilitate ...
Procedural sedation and analgesia
Messenger DW, Murray HE, Dungey PE, van Vlymen J, Sivilotti ML (October 2008). "Subdissociative-dose ketamine versus fentanyl ... January 2008). "Safety and clinical effectiveness of midazolam versus propofol for procedural sedation in the emergency ... Small doses of ketamine have been found to be safer than fentanyl when used in combination with propofol. For most agents the ... Propofol Ketamine Etomidate Midazolam Fentanyl Remifentanil continue infusion Morphine Ketamine: ...
Paul Frederick White
White also stated that Murray's treatment of Jackson with propofol was not inappropriate because off-label drug use by doctors ... On cross-examination, White conceded that Murray had violated the standard of medical care by administering propofol in a home ... Steven Shafer, did not show how Jackson would have responded to the drug propofol. White was one of the first to test propofol ... White testified that Jackson probably caused his death by injecting himself with propofol while Murray was not looking. White ...
Procedural sedation and analgesia
Propofol. Propofol is a non-barbiturate derivative that is thought to act by stimulating inhibitory GABA receptors and ... Messenger DW, Murray HE, Dungey PE, van Vlymen J, Sivilotti ML (October 2008). "Subdissociative-dose ketamine versus fentanyl ... It takes 40 seconds for the effects of propofol to kick in, and effects lasts 6 minutes. Propofol has both sedative and ... Propofol is also painful when administered intravenously, therefore, lidocaine is commonly used as a pretreatment to help ...
Murray admitted administering 25 mg of propofol intravenously, for insomnia, on the night of his death. Murray said he tried ... On June 25, 2009, only weeks after hiring Murray, Jackson died due to a lethal dose of propofol. Jackson's death was ruled a ... Murray met Michael Jackson in 2006, in Las Vegas, and treated one of his children. Jackson hired Murray to be his exclusive ... In February 2010, Murray was formally charged with involuntary manslaughter. On September 27, 2011, Murray went on trial in Los ...
In 2009, he was on the special witness list for the trial of Conrad Murray, however, he was never called to testify. In 2011, ... Drew show on CNN and said that he had gave propofol to Michael Jackson on two occasions but the singer always requested an ... Drew exclusive: Cosmetic doc says he also used propofol on MJ". HLN. Archived from the original on March 7, 2016. Retrieved ... Paul Martin (8 June 2009). "Jacko Goes Green". The Mirror (London, England). "Cosmetic doc gave MJ propofol twice". CNN. ...
California v. Murray
... liaised with Murray over purchases of propofol and Benoquin. He testified about orders Murray placed for propofol and for ... Murray's girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez, is currently[when?] living with Murray in Santa Monica. She is the mother of Murray's son ... Murray left the room, Jackson self-administered a dose of propofol that, with the lorazepam, created a perfect storm in his ... Murray told authorities Jackson was especially eager to be administered propofol, a surgical anesthetic that put him to sleep ...
Conrad Murray, administered 25 milligrams of propofol diluted with lidocaine shortly before Jackson's death. Even so, as of ... Propofol is believed to work at least partly via a receptor for GABA. Propofol was discovered in 1977 and approved for use in ... Propofol is also used in veterinary medicine. Propofol is used for induction and maintenance (in some cases) of general ... Propofol is often used instead of sodium thiopental for starting anesthesia because recovery from propofol is more rapid and " ...
Health and appearance of Michael Jackson
An overdose of propofol can cause the patient to stop breathing, leading to a shortage of oxygen and a buildup of carbon ... Conrad Murray that, in his opinion, Jackson "was healthier than the average person of his age." Rogers said the arteries around ... Police found a CD mentioning the "Omar Arnold" alias when they raided the Las Vegas, Nevada home and office of Conrad Murray, ... While preparing for a series of comeback concerts scheduled to begin in July 2009, Jackson died of acute propofol and ...
Moartea lui Michael Jackson
California v. Murray
... liaised with Murray over purchases of propofol and Benoquin. He testified about orders Murray placed for propofol and for ... Murray's girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez, is currently[when?] living with Murray in Santa Monica. She is the mother of Murray's son ... Murray offered money to provide Jackson's propofol?" "It is my understanding that Dr. Murray was offered money to be Jackson's ... Murray has for his patients. Causey has stated Murray is his "best friend." Causey said that Murray was not greedy and that he ...
Murray prefers the less judgmental analgesic-associated nephropathy. Both terms are abbreviated to the acronym AAN, by which ... "Effects of carprofen on renal function during medetomidine-propofol-isoflurane anesthesia in dogs". American journal of ... Murray TG, Goldberg M (January 1978). "Analgesic-associated nephropathy in the U.S.A.: epidemiologic, clinical and pathogenetic ...
Remote ischemic conditioning
Murray, Christopher JL; Lopez, Alan D (1997-05-24). "Alternative projections of mortality and disability by cause 1990-2020: ... Bernard Gersh wrote that the use of propofol rather than volatile anesthesia appeared to be a common denominator in all studies ... "Interference of propofol with signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 activation and cardioprotection by remote ... This study did not use propofol, and a three-month follow-up found that RIC treatment improved clinical outcomes. Researchers ...
Cooper WO, Habel LA, Sox CM, Chan KA, Arbogast PG, Cheetham TC, Murray KT, Quinn VP, Stein CM, Callahan ST, Fireman BH, Fish FA ... or propofol. ... However, fatalities are rare with appropriate care Bruggisser M, Bodmer M, Liechti ME (2011). "Severe toxicity ... and propofol serving as second-line therapies. Pharmacological texts describe methylphenidate as a stimulant with effects, ...
Combined drug intoxication
Rapoport MJ, Lanctôt KL, Streiner DL, Bédard M, Vingilis E, Murray B, Schaffer A, Shulman KI, Herrmann N (May 2009). " ... propofol, and opioids". Critical Care Clinics. 25 (3): 431-49, vii. doi:10.1016/j.ccc.2009.03.003. PMID 19576523. Broscheit J, ... barbiturates and propofol of excitatory synaptic transmissions mediated by adenosine neuromodulation]". Masui (in Japanese). 55 ...
Targeted temperature management
Clinical urine tests
Cooper WO, Habel LA, Sox CM, Chan KA, Arbogast PG, Cheetham TC, Murray KT, Quinn VP, Stein CM, Callahan ST, Fireman BH, Fish FA ... or propofol. ... However, fatalities are rare with appropriate care Bruggisser M, Bodmer M, Liechti ME (2011). "Severe toxicity ... and propofol serving as second-line therapies. Pharmacological texts describe methylphenidate as a stimulant with effects, ...
Murray's New Lawyer -- I Know Propofol
Conrad Murrays new lawyer claims hes the best of the best when it comes to cases involving Propofol and death -- and dude has ... Conrad Murrays new lawyer claims hes the best of the best when it comes to cases involving Propofol and death -- and dude has ... As for Murrays role in the Michael Jackson case, Flanagan told us, "I am totally unaware of any facts that would give rise to ... TMZ spoke to J. Michael Flanagan who told us, "Im probably the only attorney in town that has successfully tried a Propofol ...
Murray's New Lawyer -- I Know Propofol | TMZ.com
Dr. Conrad Murray Barred from Administering Propofol | OK! Magazine
Conrad Murrays medical license, the Texas Medical Board has gone ahead and barred ... Conrad Murrays medical license, the Texas Medical Board has gone ahead and barred Michael Jacksons former physician from ... Murray agrees with the restriction, as it is one of the conditions of his bail in connection with MJs untimely death. ... Murray could practice medicine, as part of the manslaughter case against him. That decision was delayed until a June 14 hearing ...
Dr. Conrad Murray Wants to Give a Pig Propofol - The Hollywood Gossip
Conrad Murray wants to give a pig Propofol at his upcoming trial on involuntary manslaughter charges. Now thats one we havent ... Conrad Murray Wants to Give a Pig Propofol. by Free Britney at May 2, 2011 4:21 am. . Comments ... As part of its throw-everything-against-the-wall defense, Murrays team will argue that Jackson could have ODd on Propofol by ... Of course, none of this contradicts the belief of the D.A. that Murrays guilty simply for leaving Propofol around the house, ...
Conrad Murray trial: Michael Jackson's doctor's girlfriend mentions packages, pharmacist cites propofol orders | abc7.com
Conrad Murrays girlfriend says Michael Jacksons doctor ordered packages to be delivered to her apartment, while prosecutors ... Murray, 58, has said he gave the singer a dose of propofol as a sleeping aid on the day he died. He has pleaded not guilty to ... OTRC: Conrad Murray trial: Michael Jacksons doctors girlfriend mentions packages, pharmacist cites propofol orders. OTRC ... Lopez said that when the courier arrived there, Murray took him to a back room and removed several propofol vials from the box ...
Jury deliberations start Friday in Conrad Murray trial - CNN
Conrad Murray caused the death of Michael Jackson, the lead prosecutor told jurors in closing arguments Thursday. ... Murrays use of propofol was an "obscene experiment," prosecutor says. *"Conrad Murray left Prince, Paris and Blanket without a ... Murrays call to Anding was evidence that Murray was not monitoring him after giving him propofol. ... Prosecutors contend Murrays use of the surgical anesthetic propofol in Jacksons home to treat his insomnia was so reckless it ...
Propofol Expert Resumes Testimony in Michael Jackson Doctor Trial - NBC Bay Area
Murray is accused of administering the fatal dose of propofol, a drug usually used in a surgical setting, then failing to ... Conrad Murrays involuntary manslaughter trial included a video re-enactment of the proper administration of propofol, the drug ... Shafer wrote guidelines and warnings that are included with every bottle of propofol. Prosecutors claim Murray ignored those ... Murray first, he said.. The prosecution asked Shafer for his opinion on Murray allegedly not calling 911, but instead leaving ...
EMT Testifies MJ Already Dead ... Murray Mum on Propofol :: DW - Home
... all Murray volunteered was lorazepam (Ativan). Murray never uttered a peep about Propofol.. Murray told Senneff Jackson had ... EMT Testifies MJ Already Dead ... Murray Mum on Propofol 01/05/2011 18:36. An EMT who arrived at Michael Jacksons house 4 ... www.tmz.com/2011/01/04/michael-jackson-doctor-conrad-murray-preliminary-hearing-trial-witness-propofol-death/#continued) ... Conrad Murray called 911.. Richard Senneff testified when he arrived at MJs house and saw MJ, he looked like a hospice patient ...
W.E.N.N » Murray Failed To Mention Propofol To Emergency Physician
She resumed her testimony on Monday, when she confirmed to the court that Murray had made no mention of providing Propofol to ... Conrad Murray failed to inform an emergency room doctor who was trying to save Michael Jacksons life that he had given the ... Murray is accused of administering the fatal dose of the drug which claimed Jacksons life on 25 June, 2009, and he is ... Richelle Cooper first took to the stand on Friday and told how Murray had insisted Jackson was just "dehydrated" when he was ...
Michael Jackson wrongful death trial opens: Were tour organizers to blame? - CSMonitor.com
Propofol madness: Conrad Murray gets 4 years for Michael Jackson death By Warren Richey Staff writer ... Murrays trial, however, which was broadcast live in the United States, the civil case will play out without cameras in a ... "We want to remind (Murray) that it is AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary. We want to remind him what is expected of him." ... They will say that Murray - who had already been chosen by Jackson and paid by him for several years - was not an AEG employee. ...
Michael Jackson não morreu,ele está vivo.: Conrad Murray Retido Informações Sobre Propofol
Conrad Murray havia retido um fato fundamental da EMTS - que ele havia administrado propofol para o cantor.. ... Murray deu Jackson Propofol há dúvida alguma os paramédicos devem ter conhecimento e quase certamente será usada pela ... Murray, que os actuais médicos profissionais seniores, exigiram que Jackson será levado para a hospital.. Segundo o relatório, ... Murray disse paramédicos Jackson estava exausto, porque ele não conseguia dormir e ele tinha dado Jackson Lorazepam - um ...
Conrad Murray Fast Facts - CNN
View Conrad Murrays Fast Facts at CNN and learn more about the life of the physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter in ... Murray told detectives that he was treating Jackson for insomnia by giving him 50 mg of propofol, via an intravenous drip, each ... Murray does not testify.. November 7, 2011 - After deliberating for 10 hours and seven minutes, the jury finds Murray guilty of ... What is Propofol?. Propofol, also called Diprivan, is a short acting intravenous anesthetic used to put patients to sleep ...
Explaining Propofol to Patients After Michael Jackson and Conrad Murray | American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
'Lethal levels' of anesthetic propofol killed Michael Jackson | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles...
They also found propofol in Murrays medical bag. Murray told detectives that he was not the first doctor to administer the ... Murray said he called Las Vegas doctor David Adams at Jacksons request to arrange for Adams to administer propofol. Murray ... Although Murray acknowledged to police that he administered propofol, authorities said they could find no evidence that he had ... Murray has already acknowledged obtaining and administering propofol to Jackson the morning that the pop star died. In an ...
Propofol dosage reported in Michael Jackson case is low, experts say - latimes
If Michael Jackson died from lethal levels of the powerful anesthetic propofol, then he must have been injected with much more ... Conrad Murray told police that he had been giving Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol each night for six weeks. In a three-hour ... Propofol dosage reported in Michael Jackson case is low, experts say. Dr. Conrad Murray told police he injected 25 milligrams ... Murray then gave Jackson 25 milligrams of propofol, according to the documents. But those amounts -- 25 and 50 milligrams -- ...
CONRAD MURRAY REQUEST TO TEST PROPOFOL VIAL IS MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING ~ LET'S CALL SPADE A SPADE
Conrad Murray Attorney:. "If I had this MURDER case...." Murray should be charged with SECOND DEGREE MURDER CONRAD MURRAY TRIAL ... Murray. removed some Propofol from the 100ml propofol vial, added some Lidocaine then infused the vial into Michael Jackson. ... The testing of propofol vial is Conrad Murray grasping at straws. EVEN IF Michael Jackson did cause his demise, Conrad Murray ... Conrad Murray was giving Propofol to MJ before AEG *Conrad Murray & AEG Contract ...
Search Results conrad murray | Page 10 | Bossip
Is health care a public good?
Doctor administered drug, then left Jackson alone, sources say - latimes
Murray," the attorney said.. He said it was evident that investigators thought drugs other than propofol played a role in ... Conrad Murray is said to have made cellphone calls after the star was given the powerful anesthetic propofol. ... Jackson had been using propofol as a sleep aid on and off for a decade, according to one law enforcement source. Murray told ... Investigators have focused on whether Murrays use of propofol outside the hospital setting and his decision to leave Jackson ...
conrad murray - New York Magazine
See an archive of all conrad murray stories published on the New York Media network, which includes NYMag, The Cut, Vulture, ... Conrad Murray, the cardiologist who administered the dose of Propofol that killed Michael Jackson, was charged with involuntary ... AP: Conrad Murray Allegedly Halted CPR. Also, Murray fled to retrieve mysterious cream from Jacksons mansion "so the world ... Conrad Murray will argue that Jackson administered the fatal dose of Propofol himself. ...
Au Revoir Simone & Findlay Brown Cover 'Man In The Mirror' | popdirt.com
Conrad Murray Mum On Whether He Gave Michael Jackson Propofol. July 7, 2009 - Michaels doctor remains silent on the medication ... TMZs Harvey Levin visited Fox & Friends, discussing his conversations with Conrad Murrays lawyer, who wouldnt answer if he ... gave Jackson Propofol. Levin added that Jackson had "dozens of injection marks all over his body." Video at FoxNews.com has ...
Conrad Murray Sentenced To Four Years In Jail - MTV
What about before Michael Jackson asked for propofol?" he wondered, noting that for 56 years Murray had never run afoul of the ... Murray." The judge said he had taken into account the full story of Murrays life, but said the "unconscionable lies" to ... He agreed that Murrays actions do warrant punishment, but asked how the court viewed the book of Murrays life, versus one ... He quoted Pastors own comments about the dangerous nature of Murrays action following the verdict as evidence that Murray ...
Conrad Murray Trial Delayed Until Wednesday - NBC Chicago
A propofol expert scheduled to testify in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jacksons personal physician was unable ... Conrad Murray Trial: Testimony Timeline, Whos Who, About Propofol. Dr. Steven Shafer testified briefly Thursday. He was ... Defense attorneys say Murray left Jacksons side only for about two minutes to use the bathroom and insist that he was trying ... Conrad Murray Trial Delayed Until Wednesday. Court will not be in session on Monday or Tuesday in the trial of Michael ...
Jackson Doctor's Defense Calls First Witnesses - NBC4 Washington
Murray) is responsible for every drop of propofol in that room, every drop of lorazepam in that room.. Murray has pleaded not ... Conrad Murray Trial: Prosecution Witnesses, Propofol Guidelines, Detectives Interview. On Monday, Dr. Conrad Murrays ... The defense is expected to argue that Jackson self-administered the fatal dose of propofol when Murray was out of the bedroom ... Defense Ends Cross-Examination of Propofol Expert. Before the prosecution rested its case Monday, Murrays attorneys finished ...
Conrad Murray. Photo: SplashNewsOnline.com"][/caption] It looks like Corad Murray is going to be indicted for the death of ... Conrad Murray. Photo: SplashNewsOnline.com"][/caption] Dr. Conrad Murray was charged with involentary manslaughter in the death ... Conrad Murray To Be Indicted By D.A.. Posted at 15:36h in Celebrity News, Entertainment by drfunkenberry 2 Comments 0 Likes ... Murray Hid Drugs & Stopped CPR. Posted at 10:24h in Celebrity News, Entertainment by drfunkenberry 2 Comments 0 Likes ...
Doctor Tells How Jackson Sought Sleep - News - The Ledger - Lakeland, FL
Murray said that Jackson requested propofol.. Dr. Murray said that he had administered propofol to Jackson every night for two ... Murray said he started to wean Jackson off propofol and onto milder drugs three days before he died. "I didnt want him to fail ... Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter and is accused of giving Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, which ... Murray has pleaded not guilty.. In the recording, Dr. Murray detailed the doses of the sedatives lorazepam and midazolam that ...
My Faith: What people talk about before they die - CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
Defense Questions Drug Expert in Michael Jackson Doctor Trial - NBC Connecticut
Conrad Murray contributed to the death of Michael Jackson, attorneys for the superstars personal physician finally question ... Murray) is responsible for every drop of propofol in that room, every drop of lorazepam in that room, Shafer said. ... Conrad Murray Trial: Testimony Timeline, Whos Who, Propofol Guidelines. Attorney Ed Chernoff cross-examined Dr. Steven Shafer ... Murrays administration of the surgical sedative propofol without proper monitoring equipment was just one critical mistake, ...
Michael Jackson Doc Told Detectives About Drugs, Meeting Superstar's Family - NBC Southern California
Prosecutors argue that Murray administered the fatal dose of the powerful surgical anesthetic propofol, then failed to properly ... Murray. At least I know. I know you tried your best, Murray told investigators. I know you tried your best, but Im really ... During the interview, Murray said he told Jacksons daughter, Paris, at the hospital that he did his best to save her father. ... Conrad Murray said Michael Jacksons daughter told him, I know you tried your best. By Jonathan Lloyd. Published Oct 11, 2011 ...
Michael Jackson 'warned about propofol use'
Singer Michael Jackson was warned by a nurse practitioner about using the sedative propofol to help him sleep, a Los Angeles ... Dr Murray was hired in May 2009 by promoters AEG Live to be the stars personal physician ahead of a 50-date concert comeback ... Dr Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter, arguing that Jackson self-administered the dose that killed him. ... Cherilyn Lee said Jackson told her that Diprivan - a brand name for propofol - was the only thing that would knock him out and ...
Anesthetic propofolIntoxicationAcuteMurray'sConrad Murray TrialSedativesSedative propofolSinger'sGave Jackson propofolDoseProsecutionShaferProsecutorsAmount of propofolInsomniaDefenseIntravenousJurorsLidocaineAnesthesiaDetectivesFatalSingerJackson PropofolDiprivanTestimonyInvestigatorsCardiologistBottleAutopsyAdministerSelf-administration of propofolAcknowledged to police that he administeredChernoffMidazolamGuiltyWean Jackson offAdministered 25 milligramsHeard of propofol
- A cardiologist testified last week that Murray's treatment of Jackson, especially the administration of the powerful anesthetic propofol, before the superstar's death deviated from general standards. (nbcbayarea.com)
- Prosecutors contend Murray's use of the surgical anesthetic propofol in Jackson's home to treat his insomnia was so reckless it was criminally negligent. (cnn.com)
- Dr. Conrad Murray failed to inform an emergency room doctor who was trying to save Michael Jackson's life that he had given the King of Pop the powerful anesthetic Propofol, a court has heard. (wenn.com)
- Michael Jackson died of 'lethal levels' of the powerful anesthetic propofol, according to a search warrant affidavit unsealed today in Houston. (latimes.com)
- If Michael Jackson died from lethal levels of the powerful anesthetic propofol, then he must have been injected with much more of the drug than his personal physician reportedly told police he gave the pop star, medical experts said. (latimes.com)
- Conrad Murray is said to have made cellphone calls after the star was given the powerful anesthetic propofol. (latimes.com)
- Murray was found guilty by a jury of one felony count of involuntary manslaughter after prosecutors convinced them that Murray's reckless use of the surgical anesthetic propofol led to the singer's death. (mtv.com)
- The interview ended shortly after Murray told detectives that they could find three bags in Jackson's bedroom closet that contained syringes, vials of the anesthetic propofol and other medical equipment. (nbclosangeles.com)
- Dr. Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter and is accused of giving Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, which killed him. (theledger.com)
- Attorney Ed Chernoff cross-examined Dr. Steven Shafer, who previously testified that the only plausible explanation for the death was that Jackson had been hooked up to an IV drip of the anesthetic propofol then left alone by Dr. Conrad Murray. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- According to a L.A. County coroner search warrant affidavit unsealed today in Houston, officials found lethal levels of the powerful anesthetic propofol after examining Michael Jackson 's body, the L.A. Times is reporting . (okmagazine.com)
- Jackson died in 2009 from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol. (vanityfair.com)
- Michael Jackson had taken a lethal amount of the anesthetic propofol and Xanax , according to the toxicology report, the TMZ.com reported Friday. (ibtimes.com)
- The report said citing multiple law enforcement sources, two kinds of drugs, the anesthetic Propofol the pop star used to sleep and the alprazolam, known as Xanax used to treat anxiety were found in Michael Jackson's system. (ibtimes.com)
- California v. Murray ( People of the State of California v. Conrad Robert Murray ) was the American criminal trial of Michael Jackson 's personal physician, Conrad Murray , who was charged with involuntary manslaughter for the pop singer's death on June 25, 2009, from a massive overdose of the general anesthetic propofol . (wikipedia.org)
- Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter after giving the anesthetic propofol to the pop star. (yahoo.com)
- Delivering his closing argument in the long-running negligence case by Jackson's family, defense attorney Marvin Putnam said the secretive singer never told the producers that he was using the hospital anesthetic propofol to overcome his chronic insomnia. (mercurynews.com)
- Jackson died June 25 of a homicide caused by an overdose of the surgery-strength anesthetic propofol, according to the coroner's ruling. (nydailynews.com)
- Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter after giving Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol. (yahoo.com)
- The cause was given as an overdose of the anesthetic propofol. (yahoo.com)
- The lawsuit had alleged that AEG negligently hired and controlled Dr. Conrad Murray, who administered a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to Jackson shortly before he was to begin his "This Is It" comeback concerts in London. (baltimoresun.com)
- A Harvard sleep expert testified in the Michael Jackson wrongful death case Friday that the singer suffered from almost total sleep deprivation that resulted from his use of the anesthetic propofol. (baltimoresun.com)
- Toxicology reports are still pending, but investigators are working under the theory that the anesthetic propofol caused Jackson's heart to stop, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Monday. (billboard.com)
- Conrad Murray was released from jail at midnight Monday after serving a sentence for administering a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to pop superstar Michael Jackson at the singer's rented Holmby Hills estate. (nbcnewyork.com)
- The morning Michael Jackson died, his personal physician says, he was given a series of sedatives to help him sleep, and when those didn't work, he was given the powerful anesthetic propofol. (cantonrep.com)
- Testimony they elicited that Murray was scooping up drug vials rather than taking care of Jackson was part of that effort, Hostin told "Early Show on Saturday Morning" co-anchor Russ Mitchell, as was paramedics saying Murray didn't tell them Jackson had been given the powerful anesthetic Propofol - which authorities say killed Jackson. (cbsnews.com)
- Prosecutors portrayed Murray as an incompetent doctor who used the anesthetic Propofol without adequate safeguards and whose neglect left Jackson abandoned as he lay dying. (telegram.com)
- Murray is accused of giving the pop star a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol last June. (newsday.com)
- Following an autopsy and the release of a much-anticipated toxicology report last fall, investigators concluded that Murray administered to Jackson, 50, the powerful anesthetic propofol and mixture of other sedatives that led to his death. (go.com)
- AEG's attorney Marvin S. Putnam said, however, that the singer's guarded private life meant the company was unaware that he was using the powerful anesthetic propofol. (windsorstar.com)
- Murray would later be convicted of involuntary manslaughter for administering the fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to Jackson in June 2009 to help him sleep. (latimes.com)
- A jury concluded after a two-month trial that Murray's negligence led to Jackson's death from an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol. (fox13now.com)
- Murray was Jackson's personal physician and administered the surgical anesthetic propofol to Jackson to help him sleep. (popcrush.com)
- In addition, Chernoff said Fleak didn't note that she had found a bottle of the powerful anesthetic propofol inside an IV bag until March 2011, nearly two years after the singer's death. (nevadaappeal.com)
- Murray acquired massive quantities of the powerful surgical anesthetic propofol to help Jackson sleep, giving him a final dose of the drug after a long, restless night when the singer begged for help sleeping, according to recordings played by prosecutors. (cnn.com)
- At that point on June 25, 2009, he had not told anyone _ not paramedics or emergency room doctors _ that he had given Jackson the anesthetic propofol on top of a number of other sedatives. (townhall.com)
- Murray was convicted in the 2009 death of pop singer Michael Jackson from an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol. (billboard.com)
- LOS ANGELES - An attorney for the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death on Wednesday dropped the defense claim that the superstar swallowed a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol while the physician wasn't looking. (washingtontimes.com)
- Jackson died due to acute Propofol intoxication on June 25 2009. (dailymail.co.uk)
- The Los Angeles County coroner ruled Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication, and that sedatives were also a factor. (ibtimes.com)
- Michael died in 2009 from acute Propofol and Benzodiazepine intoxication after suffering from cardiac arrest. (dailymail.co.uk)
- A statement from the coroner's office said the cause of death was established as "acute propofol intoxication" aggravated by "acute benzodiazepine effect. (medpagetoday.com)
- The coroner's office determined that Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication. (nbcnewyork.com)
- The Los Angeles County coroner had concluded that Jackson died from "acute propofol intoxication" on June 25, 2009, and Murray's trial featured lots of testimony about the drug. (harvard.edu)
- Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication while under Murray's care in June 2009. (cbslocal.com)
- The Los Angeles County coroner ruled that the pop superstar died on June 25, 2009 from 'acute propofol intoxication. (cnn.com)
- Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication. (opiates.com)
- He died June 25, 2009, at age 50, of acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication after suffering from cardiac arrest. (cbsnews.com)
- Jackson died on June 25, 2009 of acute propofol intoxication. (popcrush.com)
- Authorities say Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication combined with other sedatives administered by Murray. (nevadaappeal.com)
- Rogers said the cause of death was "acute propofol intoxication and the contributing condition was the benzodiazepine effect. (washingtontimes.com)
- As part of its throw-everything-against-the-wall defense, Murray's team will argue that Jackson could have OD'd on Propofol by slipping it into his juice box. (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Of course, none of this contradicts the belief of the D.A. that Murray's guilty simply for leaving Propofol around the house, or treating Michael with it at all. (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Murray's call to Anding was evidence that Murray was not monitoring him after giving him propofol. (cnn.com)
- They also found propofol in Murray's medical bag. (latimes.com)
- TMZ's Harvey Levin visited 'Fox & Friends', discussing his conversations with Conrad Murray's lawyer, who wouldn't answer if he gave Jackson Propofol. (popdirt.com)
- He quoted Pastor's own comments about the dangerous nature of Murray's action following the verdict as evidence that Murray should face a more serious penalty than probation. (mtv.com)
- He said Murray's abandonment of a vulnerable Jackson in the time of the singer's need, as well as the planning the doctor underwent to procure the propofol and to not keep clear medical records about their administration were also reasons to deny probation. (mtv.com)
- Murray's administration of the surgical sedative propofol without proper monitoring equipment was just one critical mistake, Shafer said. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- The jury hears Murray's reasons for not immediately calling 911 for help, his explanation of his much-criticized CPR techniques, and the story that he was trying to wean Jackson off of a dependency on propofol. (cnn.com)
- Murray's defense turned to Dr. White as it tried to develop a theory that Murray did not administer all the medication that killed Jackson. (nbcwashington.com)
- Among Murray's critical mistakes -- saying yes to using the powerful surgical sedative propofol as a sleep aid. (nbcwashington.com)
- Murray's lawyers initially suggested Jackson gave himself the fatal dose when Murray left the room, but they backpedaled Wednesday. (upi.com)
- AEG Live drafted a contract for Murray's services, according to testimony, but it was only signed by Murray. (mercurynews.com)
- Murray attorney Valerie Wass was interrupted several times by protesters as she spoke with reporters about Murray's release outside the jail northeast of downtown Los Angeles. (nbcnewyork.com)
- Murray's attorney, Edward Chernoff, has repeated his assertion that nothing Murray gave Jackson "should have" killed him. (cantonrep.com)
- Multiple search warrants served at Murray's home and businesses in Las Vegas and Houston sought evidence detailing how he procured the propofol that killed Jackson. (cantonrep.com)
- Murray's defense is winding up its presentation by trying to answer the testimony earlier this month by prosecution propofol expert Dr. Steven Shafer. (reuters.com)
- Murray's lawyers unsuccessfully argued that Jackson self-administered the drug while Murray was out of his bedroom. (fox13now.com)
- Murray's handling of Jackson during his final hours was also suspect, curious and abnormal -- the prosecution argued that Murray did not act with his patient's best interests at heart. (popcrush.com)
- One of Murray's prints was found on a 100 milliliter vial of propofol, a much larger dose than the doctor said he gave Jackson on the day he died. (nevadaappeal.com)
- Prosecutors portrayed Dr. Conrad Murray as motivated by money, while the defense contended Murray's superstar client self-administered a fatal mix of drugs. (cnn.com)
- He said Murray's team has many questions to answer, including why he left the singer without a monitor, why he delayed calling 911, why he attempted CPR on a bed rather than the floor, and why he did not tell paramedics he had given Jackson propofol. (foxnews.com)
Conrad Murray Trial4
- OnTheRedCarpet.com is hosting a LIVE STREAM of the Conrad Murray trial , which began on September 27. (abc7.com)
- Criminal defense attorney James Blatt joins Colleen Williams on Nonstop News LA to give a preview of what to expect Tuesday, on the tenth day of the Conrad Murray trial. (nbclosangeles.com)
- The evidence that convicted Murray Jump to media player Alastair Leithead looks back on the Conrad Murray trial and the evidence that convicted him. (bbc.com)
- Atmosphere from outside the Conrad Murray trial during the first day of jury deliberations in seeking a verdict in the death of the singer Michael Jackson on November 4, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. (billboard.com)
- Although a judge has yet to make the decision to officially pull Dr. Conrad Murray 's medical license, the Texas Medical Board has gone ahead and barred Michael Jackson 's former physician from administering heavy sedatives like Propofol to any patients. (okmagazine.com)
- Autopsy results have shown that Jackson died at age 50 on June 25, 2009 from an overdose of propofol, an anesthetic that he called his "milk," and other sedatives. (abc7.com)
- In the recording, Dr. Murray detailed the doses of the sedatives lorazepam and midazolam that he administered to Jackson from 2 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. before the singer died on June 25, 2009. (theledger.com)
- He also told detectives he was worried that Michael was forming an addiction to Propofol, and tried to wean him off of it by lowering the dose from 50 milligrams to 25 and adding other sedatives, lorazepam and midazolam. (okmagazine.com)
- Murray described a long, restless night and morning for the pop icon, that began with the use of a series of sedatives -- lorazepam and midazolam -- without effect, Murray said. (cnn.com)
- The official also said the type of sedatives Dr. Conrad Murray gave Jackson were benzodiazepines, often used to calm patients before surgery. (ibtimes.com)
- Murray told authorities Jackson was especially eager to be administered propofol, a surgical anesthetic that put him to sleep when other powerful sedatives could not. (wikipedia.org)
- Based on levels of sedatives Murray told investigators he gave Jackson, the singer should not have stopped breathing, White testified. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- Lethal levels of sedatives and the anesthesia propofol were found in his system. (upi.com)
- In the days leading up to the star's death, Murray claims he started giving him the sedatives Lorazepam and Midazolam instead of Propofol to help him sleep. (postchronicle.com)
- Murray told police from the outset that he gave Jackson Propofol and other sedatives as the star struggled for sleep to prepare for his shows. (telegram.com)
- During the two-and-a-half hour interrogation Dr Murray listed several sedatives he had given Jackson on the day of his death, and said he had not understood why the singer remained awake. (thetimes.co.uk)
- A judge set bail at $75,000 and Murray was ordered to stop administering sedatives in his medical practice. (go.com)
- Testimony showed Murray gave Jackson intravenous doses that night of the sedatives lorazepam and midazolam. (newstribune.com)
- He said Murray lacked the propofol monitoring or life-saving equipment when he was giving Jackson the anesthetic and other sedatives as a sleep aid. (washingtontimes.com)
- Prosecutors contend that the 58-year-old Murray, a cardiologist, gave pop legend Jackson a fatal dose of the powerful sedative propofol, then left him unattended to make phone calls and send emails. (nbcchicago.com)
- Singer Michael Jackson was warned by a nurse practitioner about using the sedative propofol to help him sleep, a Los Angeles court has heard. (modernghana.com)
- One of the prosecution's most important witnesses, an expert on the powerful sedative propofol, testified Thursday that had Dr. Conrad Murray properly monitored his patient and disconnected an infusion of the drug "there would have been no injury to Michael Jackson. (nbcwashington.com)
- The doctor's lawyers maintain that Jackson drank propofol and consumed other medications on his own while the doctor was away from his bedside at the singer's Los Angeles home, that the dose of propofol Murray had administered was too low to be fatal and that he was trying to wean him off the drug. (abc7.com)
- Michael Jackson begged for his "milk," his nickname for propofol, after a sleepless night and just hours before he died from what the coroner said was an overdose of the surgical anesthetic, the singer's doctor Conrad Murray told detectives. (cnn.com)
- Alvarez said Dr. Conrad Murray was performing CPR with one hand when he arrived in the singer's room shortly after 12:17 p.m. the day Jackson died. (nydailynews.com)
- Murray said he wanted the cream "so the world wouldn't find out about it," the singer's personal assistant Michael Amir Williams said in a separate statement also obtained by the AP. (nydailynews.com)
- Jackson died June 25, 2009, of an overdose of propofol that Dr. Conrad Murray administered at the singer's rented Holmby Hills mansion to treat his insomnia. (baltimoresun.com)
- The verdict against Dr. Conrad Murray marked the latest chapter in one of pop culture's most shocking tragedies - the death of the King of Pop on the eve of the singer's heavily promoted comeback concerts. (telegram.com)
- Medical experts testifying for the prosecution painted Murray as reckless and said he should have never given Jackson propofol to help him sleep despite the singer's urging. (monroenews.com)
- In the lawsuit, Katherine, 82, contends that AEG Live - which was behind the late singer's 'This Is It' comeback concerts at The O2 arena in London - were responsible for Dr. Murray and failed to properly vet the physician before hiring him. (contactmusic.com)
- Four days later, after Murray, the singer's personal physician, had talked to police, she returned to follow leads the doctor had provided, including a description of medications hidden in a closet. (nevadaappeal.com)
Gave Jackson propofol4
- At least two unidentified doctors gave Jackson propofol in Germany. (latimes.com)
- His attorney, Edward Chernoff, has repeatedly declined to say whether his client gave Jackson propofol. (latimes.com)
- During his two months on the job, he gave Jackson propofol "30 days a month, every day, with the exception of three days leading up to his death," Murray said. (cnn.com)
- He said he only gave Jackson propofol, the surgical anaesthetic that killed him, after the singer asked for it. (thetimes.co.uk)
- Murray, 58, has said he gave the singer a dose of propofol as a sleeping aid on the day he died. (abc7.com)
- Murray is accused of administering the fatal dose of propofol, a drug usually used in a surgical setting, then failing to properly monitor his superstar patient. (nbcbayarea.com)
- Conrad Murray will argue that Jackson administered the fatal dose of Propofol himself. (nymag.com)
- That was after he administered a dose of propofol. (nbcwashington.com)
- When Dr. Murray left the room, Jackson self-administered a dose of propofol that, with the lorazepam, created a perfect storm in his body that ultimately killed him. (wikipedia.org)
- On June 25, 2009, only weeks after hiring Murray, Jackson died due to a lethal dose of propofol. (wikipedia.org)
- They claim the King of Pop created a 'perfect storm' of drugs in his system, administering the fatal dose of propofol when Murray left the bedroom on the day he died. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- His personal doctor, Conrad Murray, was convicted in 2011 for administering the fatal dose of medication to Jackson. (yahoo.com)
- Murray has insisted that he did nothing wrong in his treatment of the singer, with his attorneys arguing during his trial that Jackson himself likely administered the fatal dose when the doctor was out of the room. (nbcnewyork.com)
- Prosecutors built a strong case that the 50-year-old "king of pop" died after Dr. Conrad Murray had given Jackson a large dose of propofol (pronounced PRO-poe-fall), a powerful anesthetic, to help him sleep and then left him unattended. (harvard.edu)
- It was unclear whether the jury determined that Murray had administered the fatal dose of Propofol, while deciding he was responsible for the death of Jackson. (telegram.com)
- Lawyers for Murray and a defense expert blamed Jackson for his own death, saying the singer gave himself the fatal dose of Propofol while Murray wasn't watching. (telegram.com)
- Dr. Paul White said he believes after Michael Jackson was given a dose of propofol by Conrad Murray in the early morning hours of the day he died that the pop star took lorazepam pills on his own later that morning. (reuters.com)
- The 'Thriller' hitmaker died in June 2009 after being administered a lethal dose of Propofol by Murray. (contactmusic.com)
- Furthermore, the prosecution argued that Murray was reckless and negligent, while the defense tried to suggest that Jackson self-medicated himself and thus injected the final, fatal dose. (popcrush.com)
- Jackson, desperate for sleep, then ingested a dose of propofol on his own, creating "a perfect storm that killed him instantly," Chernoff said. (cnn.com)
- Lead defense attorney Ed Chernoff said during opening statements on Sept. 27 that his team would try to show that Jackson gave himself the fatal dose of propofol. (washingtontimes.com)
- Authorities say Murray gave Jackson a fatal dose of the surgical anesthetic in June 2009. (washingtontimes.com)
- A medical examiner told jurors Tuesday that it was unreasonable to believe that Jackson gave himself the fatal dose of propofol when Murray left the room for only two minutes. (washingtontimes.com)
- Murray told police he gave Jackson only 25 milligrams of the drug, a very small dose that usually would have kept him asleep for no more than five minutes. (washingtontimes.com)
- Murray said he gave Jackson a low dose of propofol after spending 10 hours trying to get him to sleep using other drugs. (foxnews.com)
- Among them is the suggestion by his lawyers that Jackson, desperate for sleep, self-administered the fatal dose of propofol while Murray was out of the room. (foxnews.com)
- Prosecution witness Dr Steven Shafer was left to postulate various theories because Conrad Murray didn't maintain any records of his "insomnia treatment with Propofol. (blogspot.com)
- The prosecution doesn't have to exactly pinpoint how Conrad Murray killed Michael Jackson. (blogspot.com)
- Murray will serve his time in the Los Angeles County Jail, as well as pay nearly $900 in court fees and face another hearing in late January 2012 on a request by the prosecution to provide more than $101 million in restitution to the Jackson family. (mtv.com)
- Late in the day, the prosecution showed surveillance video of Murray leaving the lobby area of the UCLA emergency room after the bodyguards told him they would not take him back to the Jackson home. (nbcbayarea.com)
- The jury, through witness testimony and detectives' interview with Dr. Conrad Murray, has already heard about the early hours of June 25, 2009 as the prosecution attempted to show that Murray abandoned his superstar patient after he administered a powerful surgical sedative in the bedroom of rented Holmby Hills mansion. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- White, the defense's propofol expert, took the stand Friday to challenge a prosecution medical expert who referred to the defense theory as 'crazy. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- LOS ANGELES, Oct. 12 (UPI) -- Dr. Conrad Murray 's lawyers told the prosecution and judge in his Los Angeles trial they no longer intend to argue Michael Jackson killed himself. (upi.com)
- The prosecution claims Murray was grossly negligent in giving Jackson propofol at home without proper lifesaving equipment available and then left the room long enough to find his patient not breathing when he returned. (washingtontimes.com)
- While on the stand, White - who's expected to be the defense's final witness - contradicted theories presented earlier in the trial by propofol expert and prosecution witness Dr. Steven Shafer, White's close longtime colleague turned courtroom rival. (reuters.com)
- Prosecution witnesses, including a leading propofol expert and medical equipment executive, have testified that Murray did not have the proper monitoring equipment at the rented Holmby Hills mansion where he treated Jackson. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- The prosecution benefited greatly from being able to portray Murray as a liar," legal analyst and trial attorney Royal Oakes said. (townhall.com)
- Shafer testified that he believed Murray had 17 distinct egregious violations of standard of care in his treatment of Jackson. (nbcbayarea.com)
- Shafer wrote guidelines and warnings that are included with every bottle of propofol. (nbcbayarea.com)
- Flanagan stated that it didn't occur to him to test the contents of the vial because Dr. Shafer testified that he believed Murray injected Lidocaine into the Propofol vial when he was recalled at the very end of the trial. (blogspot.com)
- There's very little, almost no precedent for this level of propofol exposure," Shafer said under cross-examination. (nbcwashington.com)
- Had Conrad Murray been with Michael Jackson, he would have seen the breathing slow down,' Shafer said. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- He has died, but he has died with the (propofol) infusion still going, and that's why the levels are high,' Shafer added. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- Those witnesses include Dr. Paul White, the defense's propofol expert who took notes as Shafer tried to pick apart defense theories. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- Murray) is responsible for every drop of propofol in that room, every drop of lorazepam in that room,'' Shafer said. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- Shafer also disputed an early defense theory that Jackson caused his own death by swallowing propofol while Murray was out of the bedroom. (nbcwashington.com)
- Shafer was asked how he felt about Dr. Paul White's suggestion that Jackson could have died by drinking propofol. (nbcwashington.com)
- Shafer and medical equipment company executive testified that Murray did not have the necessary equipment in the mansion's bedroom. (nbcwashington.com)
- But Shafer said Murray committed a more egregious violation when he put his own interests ahead of the pop star's. (nbcwashington.com)
- White's testimony became a battle of words with the prosecution's propofol expert -- Dr. Steven Shafer . (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- Shafer told jurors Murray used an IV drip to administer the sedative. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- Prosecutors say Murray did not maintain an office in the state. (abc7.com)
- Prosecutors claim Murray ignored those warnings by giving Jackson the anesthetic in the bedroom of his rented Holmby Hills mansion. (nbcbayarea.com)
- Prosecutors either want to taint the jury pool or bait us into answering so they can get a peak at our defense," said Miranda Sevcik , a spokeswoman for the lawyers representing Murray. (nydailynews.com)
- But prosecutors said propofol should only be administered in a hospital setting with proper monitoring equipment. (nbcnewyork.com)
- To win a conviction, prosecutors would have to show that Murray acted recklessly and with negligence. (cantonrep.com)
- Prosecutors had said Murray violated at least 17 separate standards of care, a number of which could have resulted in death. (telegram.com)
Amount of propofol2
- Murray told detectives that he was treating Jackson for insomnia by giving him 50 mg of propofol, via an intravenous drip, each night, but lowered the dosage to 25 mg and combined it with other drugs in an attempt to wean Jackson off the propofol. (cnn.com)
- Dr. Conrad Murray, identified in court records as a suspect in a police manslaughter investigation, legally acquired the operating room drug propofol from a Las Vegas pharmacy and gave it to Jackson as a treatment for insomnia, said the sources, who spoke on the condition that they not be named because the investigation was ongoing. (latimes.com)
- She told jurors she had tried to give Jackson natural remedies to deal with his insomnia and had told him propofol was too dangerous to be used at his home. (modernghana.com)
- In the search warrant, Dr. Conrad Murray , who was treating MJ at the time of his death on June 25, told LAPD detectives that he'd been administering various drugs to MJ for about six weeks to alleviate insomnia. (okmagazine.com)
- Murray admitted administering 25 mg of propofol intravenously, for insomnia, on the night of his death. (wikipedia.org)
- Murray claims he had been treating the singer for insomnia for six weeks before he died, administering 50 milligrams of Propofol every night intravenously. (postchronicle.com)
- Jackson referred to the white-colored propofol as his 'milk,' and used it to combat insomnia. (nbcnewyork.com)
- The doctors in interviews said propofol is NOT made to treat insomnia. (mjjcommunity.com)
- Murray told police he gave the drug nightly to help the singer cope with insomnia as he attempted a comeback tour. (monroenews.com)
- The cardiologist, who was hired to serve as the pop icon's personal doctor for his comeback tour in 2009, told investigators he gave Jackson nightly infusions of propofol to treat his intractable insomnia for two months so he could rest for rehearsals. (fox13now.com)
- Dr. Christopher Rogers, who conducted the autopsy on Jackson , testified it was more likely that Murray overdosed the singer when he incorrectly estimated how much of the drug he was giving Jackson to induce sleep to fight insomnia. (washingtontimes.com)
- In the six-day preliminary hearing that led to the case going to trial, a portrait emerged of a doctor trying to help his famous client overcome debilitating insomnia with propofol, a powerful surgical anesthetic not intended for home use. (foxnews.com)
- After Chernoff finished his arguments, Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney David Walgren attacked the defense for trying to blame "everybody but Conrad Murray, poor Conrad Murray. (cnn.com)
- Although the defense has since abandoned the theory , Shafer's testimony is noteworthy because it contradicts a report by the defense's expert on propofol. (nbcwashington.com)
- The defense has attempted to portray Murray as a caring physician who was not motivated by financial gain. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- If you're the defense team, you want to shift all focus away from Conrad Murray. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- During opening statements last week, defense attorney Ed Chernoff suggested the reason Jackson needed propofol and other drugs administered by Murray to sleep was because he had been receiving shots of Demerol from Beverly Hills dermatologist Dr. Arnold Klein. (ibtimes.com)
- The defense boasts an advantage in one of its lawyers, J. Michael Flanagan, who says he is the only California attorney ever to try a propofol death case. (washingtontimes.com)
- Murray, 56, has been in Los Angeles for the past two weeks, meeting with his defense team and waiting for the District Attorney to formally charge him. (go.com)
- Investigator Elissa Fleak was aggressively cross-examined by defense attorney Ed Chernoff as he tried to expose flaws in the way medical evidence was handled by authorities in the case against Dr. Conrad Murray. (nevadaappeal.com)
- The defense claim had been a key tactic in the case of Dr. Conrad Murray. (washingtontimes.com)
- He had been giving Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol every night using an intravenous line, according to the court records. (latimes.com)
- Propofol, also called Diprivan, is a short acting intravenous anesthetic used to put patients to sleep during hospital procedures. (cnn.com)
- METHODS: Male Sprague-Dawley rats were pretreated with intravenous infusion of propofol (Prop), a selective mitochondrial KATP channel inhibitor 5-hydroxydecanoate (5-HD), propofol plus 5-HD (Prop+5-HD), a potent mitochondrial K(ATP) channel opener diazoxide (DZ) or NS, respectively. (biomedsearch.com)
- 2 Propofol, an intravenous anaesthetic agent, used for sedation in the intensive care unit is easily titrated to the effect and consciousness returns rapidly after withdrawal of the drug with minimal residual central system effects. (bmj.com)
- To prevent that pain, anesthesiologists will often an inject a local anesthetic like lidocaine before the intravenous administration of propofol, she said. (harvard.edu)
- According to court documents, it appears that he did administer propofol to the singer, after huge doses of intravenous benzodiazepines. (medpagetoday.com)
- After describing what they had already found at the mansion, including marijuana in a suitcase, jurors heard Murray repeatedly describe to detectives how he cared for his patient. (nbclosangeles.com)
- Earlier this week, jurors heard a recording in which Jackson -- using slow and slurred speech -- talked to Murray about his dream of having a children's hospital. (cnn.com)
- Murray told Martinez he'd been administering propofol to Jackson for two months as a sleep aid, and jurors may finally hear the recording of the two-hour interview Martinez conducted with Murray. (ibtimes.com)
- Some jurors said they believed Murray acted unethically by administering the propofol to Jackson, but AEG Live could not be held liable for those acts. (nbcnewyork.com)
- An interview that Conrad Murray gave to police two days after Jackson died of a drugs overdose on June 25, 2009 was played to jurors yesterday. (thetimes.co.uk)
- He urged jurors to remember that propofol killed Jackson. (windsorstar.com)
- He repeated the detail for jurors last week and said Murray told him to put the IV bag into another bag before calling 911. (nevadaappeal.com)
- Chernoff told jurors that Murray was trying to wean Jackson off propofol when Jackson died. (cnn.com)
- To alleviate the burning, Conrad Murray used Lidocaine. (blogspot.com)
- Who knows how Conrad Murray gave Lidocaine that morning. (blogspot.com)
- He said he had diluted the propofol with lidocaine. (cantonrep.com)
- Lined up on the table were Propofol, Lidocaine, Lorazepam and other drugs. (insideedition.com)
- He said drugs detected in significant amounts were propofol, lidocaine and lorazepam, a sedative that Murray said he gave to try to get Jackson to sleep before he administered propofol. (nevadaappeal.com)
- As part of his bond, Murray is allowed to practice medicine but may not administer any anesthesia to patients. (cnn.com)
- In anesthesia, propofol is known as something of a wonder drug. (washingtontimes.com)
- When Dr. Aglio showed me a small bottle of propofol, the "milk of anesthesia" nickname made perfect sense. (harvard.edu)
- Propofol is used as an "induction agent"-the drug that causes loss of consciousness- for general anesthesia in major surgery. (harvard.edu)
- For general anesthesia, anesthesiologists use a large "bolus" of between 100 and 200 milligrams of propofol to put patients under and then a continuous infusion of much smaller amounts (in the micrograms per minute, with the exact amount depending on the person's weight) to keep patients under. (harvard.edu)
- Propofol should be administered only by people trained in giving general anesthesia, and who are not involved in the conduct of the surgery or diagnostic procedure, according to the The U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (cnn.com)
- Patients might be unjustifiably scared of propofol if they need anesthesia for an operation. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- It is a sedative that could also be used for anesthesia," said Murray. (townhall.com)
- But Murray told detectives that he feared Jackson was forming an addiction and began trying to wean the pop star off the drugs. (latimes.com)
- However, police detectives saw about eight bottles of propofol in the house along with other vials and pills that had been prescribed to Jackson by Dr. Murray, Dr. Arnold Klein and Dr. Allan Metzger. (latimes.com)
- Murray told detectives that he was not the first doctor to administer the powerful anesthetic to Jackson. (latimes.com)
- His attorney, Ed Chernoff, said Murray answered the detectives' questions truthfully. (latimes.com)
- Smith testified Tuesday that Murray seemed surprised to learn detectives had not already recovered the items. (nbclosangeles.com)
- And he wanted to open a children's hospital where children all over the world can get treatment, and he wanted me to be the medical director," Murray told the detectives about his relationship with the pop star. (cnn.com)
- Per T.H.R., the detectives will reopen their case files and share audiotaped interviews with Murray and witnesses involved in the case. (vanityfair.com)
- Murray also told detectives he was not the first doctor to give Michael Propofol, but claims the singer refused to tell him which other physicians were treating him and what drugs they were prescribing. (postchronicle.com)
- His first mention of propofol was during the interview with detectives. (townhall.com)
- On the other hand, Oakes said, the interview conducted by two detectives outside a noisy hotel banquet room allowed Murray to tell his story without being challenged. (townhall.com)
- Detectives sounded confused when Murray mentioned that he had been giving Jackson "milk" every night. (townhall.com)
- Asked to name the medicine, he said, "propofol" and detectives asked him to spell it. (townhall.com)
- Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney David Walgren alleges that 58-year-old Murray in June 2009 gave Jackson a fatal overdose of propofol, a surgical anesthetic that Jackson was apparently using as a sleep aid despite very serious concerns about the drug's potency and contraindications with other medications. (reason.com)
- She resumed her testimony on Monday, when she confirmed to the court that Murray had made no mention of providing Propofol to his famous patient - as she attempted to resuscitate the star - and only revealed he had administered the sedative lorazepam, sending the singer into cardiac arrest. (wenn.com)
- Testimony during the trial showed Murray stayed with Jackson at least six nights a week and was regularly asked-and sometimes begged-by the insomniac singer to give him drugs powerful enough to put him to sleep. (wikipedia.org)
- Police are currently investigating Murray, as well as Dr. Arnold Klein, Dr. Allan Metzger and Dr. David Adams, all of whom have links to the late singer. (postchronicle.com)
- Chernoff did not deny Murray had given Michael Valium, Lorazepam, Midazolam and Propofol on the morning the singer died. (postchronicle.com)
- The admonition by the judge came after Panish asked Phillips about characterizations of Murray that Phillips made in an email sent five days before the singer died. (yahoo.com)
- The entertainment giant says that Murray worked for Jackson and that any money it was supposed to pay the doctor was an advance to the singer. (baltimoresun.com)
- Among Shafer's conclusions was that Murray had used an IV to deliver propofol to Jackson, and when the singer stopped breathing during the IV drip, Murray failed to notice. (reuters.com)
- In a detailed answer machine message recorded in prison, Doctor Conrad Murray reveals he was not hired by AEG but by Jacko himself Singer Micheal Jackson thought AEG were 'snakes' who were pressurising the star to make more and more money, the man responsible for his death has alleged. (topix.com)
- Murray drove up soon after, with the singer sitting in the back seat. (latimes.com)
- Neither Jackson nor Murray mentioned propofol or that the singer had difficulty sleeping, Adams testified. (latimes.com)
- AEG says that the singer hired Murray and that any money the company was supposed to pay him was an advance to Jackson. (latimes.com)
- The coroner ruled the case a homicide and the blame would fall to the last person who had seen Jackson alive - Murray, who had been hired to care for the singer as the comeback concerts neared. (newstribune.com)
- Omitindo o fato de que o Dr. Murray deu Jackson Propofol há dúvida alguma os paramédicos devem ter conhecimento e quase certamente será usada pela promotoria no julgamento. (blogspot.com)
- Irrespective of Jackson, propofol has been concerning because it has been abused by health care workers in some cases. (cnn.com)
- Cherilyn Lee said Jackson told her that Diprivan - a brand name for propofol - was the only thing that would knock him out and induce the sleep he needed. (modernghana.com)
- Propofol, whose trade name is Diprivan, is commonly used to sedate people undergoing colonoscopies, and leaves patients feeling well-rested when they wake up, experts say. (cnn.com)
- He told me, 'I have a lot of problems sleeping and the only medication that really helps me to fall asleep right away is Diprivan (propofol),'" said Lee, adding that she spoke with Jackson about "everything possible" when it came to natural sleep aids. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- Telephone records and testimony suggested Murray was talking to Sade Anding, a Houston cocktail waitress, at the time he realized Jackson had stopped breathing. (cnn.com)
- Thursday's testimony included a demonstration of the propofol drip in court. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- Murray, who was spotted outside a restaurant in Santa Monica on Thursday night , would not comment on Shafer's testimony. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- Struggling actress Nicole Alvarez, one of three attractive women brought in to testify as former Murray girlfriends, gave testimony that seemed at times closer to an audition than a court appearance. (reason.com)
- Chernoff questioned whether Fleak had heard testimony by bodyguard Alberto Alvarez, who said during a preliminary hearing in January that he saw the propofol bottle inside the IV bag. (nevadaappeal.com)
- The drug was administered after a restless night during which Jackson pleaded for something to help him sleep, Murray told investigators. (nbcbayarea.com)
- Murray told investigators that he had given Jackson multiple doses of the drug since taking a $150,000-a-month job as his doctor in May, the sources said. (latimes.com)
- I know you tried your best,'' Murray told investigators. (nbclosangeles.com)
- Everything I use, I would put it quickly into the bag and just put it into the cupboard because (Jackson) wanted me not to have anything hanging around,' Murray told investigators near the end of the interview. (nbclosangeles.com)
- Scott Smith, one of two investigators who questioned Murray, is heard telling Murray at the start that he would make the interview "as painless and as quick as possible. (cnn.com)
- The drug -- Murray told investigators Jackson pleaded for it during a restless night at a rented Holmby Hills mansion -- is usually administered in a surgical setting with life-saving equipment. (nbcwashington.com)
- Murray told investigators he realized when he returned from the bathroom on the morning of June 25, 2009 that the entertainer had stopped breathing. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- Dr. Murray led investigators to where the propofol was before this statement [by Alvarez]. (nydailynews.com)
- Authorities had no arrest warrant for Murray, who was at home when the investigators arrived, they said. (billboard.com)
- According to court records, Murray told investigators that over about six hours he injected Jackson with two doses each of lorazepam and midazolam. (cantonrep.com)
- Conrad Robert Murray (born February 19, 1953) is a Grenadian-American cardiologist originally from Saint Andrew Parish. (wikipedia.org)
- Putnam stressed that it was Jackson, not AEG, who insisted on hiring Murray, a cardiologist who had befriended the pop star in Las Vegas three years earlier. (mercurynews.com)
- Phillips acknowledged that some of the statements - including that AEG Live had checked out Murray and that the former cardiologist didn't need the job - turned out not to be true. (yahoo.com)
- Dr. Conrad Murray, a Las Vegas cardiologist who has been interviewed twice by police, has not been charged with any crime but he is the target of what police term a manslaughter investigation. (cantonrep.com)
- Aside from there being no residual propofol in the bag or in the upper part of the IV line, propping the bottle up in a bag in that manner is unnecessary, since the propofol bottle had a clip for easy suspension from an IV rig. (reuters.com)
- That is a BIG bottle of propofol, omg! (websleuths.com)
- I reallly want to know how much propofol was left in the bottle that was inside the bag. (websleuths.com)
- He claimed there was no evidence to support the theory that Murray used an IV to administer the powerful drug. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- Brunner was accused of leaving a syringe full of propofol out for another nurse to administer to an 80-year-old cancer patient who died within minutes of receiving the shot. (go.com)
Self-administration of propofol2
Acknowledged to police that he administered1
- Although Murray acknowledged to police that he administered propofol, authorities said they could find no evidence that he had purchased, ordered or obtained the medication under his medical license or Drug Enforcement Administration tracking number. (latimes.com)
- The whole thing is tragic, but the evidence is not that Dr. Murray did it", Chernoff said. (wikipedia.org)
- Scientific evidence will show that, on the morning Jackson died, he swallowed a sedative without his doctor's knowledge, "enough to put six of you to sleep and he did this when Dr. Murray was not around," Chernoff said. (cnn.com)
- Dr. Murray has pleaded not guilty. (theledger.com)
- The Jackson family lose as AEG Live are found not guilty of negligence in hiring Dr Conrad Murray. (contactmusic.com)
- All 12 members of the jury found Murray guilty, and he now faces up to four years in jail and the loss of his medical license. (popcrush.com)
- Murray has pleaded not guilty. (townhall.com)
- Dr. Conrad Murray was expected at a Tuesday arraignment, where his lawyers say he will plead not guilty. (foxnews.com)