Homicide: The killing of one person by another.Torso: The central part of the body to which the neck and limbs are attached.Insanity Defense: A legal concept that an accused is not criminally responsible if, at the time of committing the act, the person was laboring under such a defect of reason from disease of the mind as not to know the nature and quality of the act done or if the act was known, to not have known that what was done was wrong. (From Black's Law Dictionary, 6th ed)Infanticide: The killing of infants at birth or soon after.Concentration Camps: Facilities in which WARFARE or political prisoners are confined.Medicine in Literature: Written or other literary works whose subject matter is medical or about the profession of medicine and related areas.Forensic Psychiatry: Psychiatry in its legal aspects. This includes criminology, penology, commitment of mentally ill, the psychiatrist's role in compensation cases, the problems of releasing information to the court, and of expert testimony.National Socialism: The doctrines and policies of the Nazis or the National Social German Workers party, which ruled Germany under Adolf Hitler from 1933-1945. These doctrines and policies included racist nationalism, expansionism, and state control of the economy. (from Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. and American Heritage College Dictionary, 3d ed.)Holocaust: A massive slaughter, especially the systematic mass extermination of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps prior to and during World War II.Forensic Medicine: The application of medical knowledge to questions of law.Crime: A violation of the criminal law, i.e., a breach of the conduct code specifically sanctioned by the state, which through its administrative agencies prosecutes offenders and imposes and administers punishments. The concept includes unacceptable actions whether prosecuted or going unpunished.Criminology: The study of crime and criminals with special reference to the personality factors and social conditions leading toward, or away from crime.Violence: Individual or group aggressive behavior which is socially non-acceptable, turbulent, and often destructive. It is precipitated by frustrations, hostility, prejudices, etc.Thoracic Injuries: General or unspecified injuries to the chest area.Receptor Protein-Tyrosine Kinases: A class of cellular receptors that have an intrinsic PROTEIN-TYROSINE KINASE activity.Abdominal Injuries: General or unspecified injuries involving organs in the abdominal cavity.Drosophila Proteins: Proteins that originate from insect species belonging to the genus DROSOPHILA. The proteins from the most intensely studied species of Drosophila, DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER, are the subject of much interest in the area of MORPHOGENESIS and development.Insect Hormones: Hormones secreted by insects. They influence their growth and development. Also synthetic substances that act like insect hormones.HMGB Proteins: A family of sequence-related proteins similar to HMGB1 PROTEIN that contains specific HMG-BOX DOMAINS.Drosophila: A genus of small, two-winged flies containing approximately 900 described species. These organisms are the most extensively studied of all genera from the standpoint of genetics and cytology.Golf: A game whose object is to sink a ball into each of 9 or 18 successive holes on a golf course using as few strokes as possible.Thorax: The upper part of the trunk between the NECK and the ABDOMEN. It contains the chief organs of the circulatory and respiratory systems. (From Stedman, 25th ed)Wounds, Penetrating: Wounds caused by objects penetrating the skin.Air Bags: Automotive safety devices consisting of a bag designed to inflate upon collision and prevent passengers from pitching forward. (American Heritage Dictionary, 1982)ManikinsWounds, Nonpenetrating: Injuries caused by impact with a blunt object where there is no penetration of the skin.Pelvis: The space or compartment surrounded by the pelvic girdle (bony pelvis). It is subdivided into the greater pelvis and LESSER PELVIS. The pelvic girdle is formed by the PELVIC BONES and SACRUM.Phantoms, Imaging: Devices or objects in various imaging techniques used to visualize or enhance visualization by simulating conditions encountered in the procedure. Phantoms are used very often in procedures employing or measuring x-irradiation or radioactive material to evaluate performance. Phantoms often have properties similar to human tissue. Water demonstrates absorbing properties similar to normal tissue, hence water-filled phantoms are used to map radiation levels. Phantoms are used also as teaching aids to simulate real conditions with x-ray or ultrasonic machines. (From Iturralde, Dictionary and Handbook of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging, 1990)Models, Anatomic: Three-dimensional representation to show anatomic structures. Models may be used in place of intact animals or organisms for teaching, practice, and study.Body Surface Potential Mapping: Recording of regional electrophysiological information by analysis of surface potentials to give a complete picture of the effects of the currents from the heart on the body surface. It has been applied to the diagnosis of old inferior myocardial infarction, localization of the bypass pathway in Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, recognition of ventricular hypertrophy, estimation of the size of a myocardial infarct, and the effects of different interventions designed to reduce infarct size. The limiting factor at present is the complexity of the recording and analysis, which requires 100 or more electrodes, sophisticated instrumentation, and dedicated personnel. (Braunwald, Heart Disease, 4th ed)Insect Proteins: Proteins found in any species of insect.Vectorcardiography: Recording of the moment-to-moment electromotive forces of the heart on a plane of the body surface delineated as a vector function of time.Receptors, Invertebrate Peptide: Cell surface receptors for invertebrate peptide hormones or neuropeptides.Embryo, Nonmammalian: The developmental entity of a fertilized egg (ZYGOTE) in animal species other than MAMMALS. For chickens, use CHICK EMBRYO.Son of Sevenless Proteins: A class of RAS GUANINE NUCLEOTIDE EXCHANGE FACTORS that are genetically related to the Son of Sevenless gene from DROSOPHILA. Sevenless refers to genetic mutations in DROSOPHILA that cause loss of the R7 photoreceptor which is required to see UV light.Photogrammetry: Making measurements by the use of stereoscopic photographs.Repressor Proteins: Proteins which maintain the transcriptional quiescence of specific GENES or OPERONS. Classical repressor proteins are DNA-binding proteins that are normally bound to the OPERATOR REGION of an operon, or the ENHANCER SEQUENCES of a gene until a signal occurs that causes their release.Acceleration: An increase in the rate of speed.Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental: Any of the processes by which nuclear, cytoplasmic, or intercellular factors influence the differential control of gene action during the developmental stages of an organism.Tribolium: A genus of small beetles of the family Tenebrionidae; T. confusum is the "confused flour beetle".Automobiles: A usually four-wheeled automotive vehicle designed for passenger transportation and commonly propelled by an internal-combustion engine using a volatile fuel. (Webster, 1973)Body Patterning: The processes occurring in early development that direct morphogenesis. They specify the body plan ensuring that cells will proceed to differentiate, grow, and diversify in size and shape at the correct relative positions. Included are axial patterning, segmentation, compartment specification, limb position, organ boundary patterning, blood vessel patterning, etc.Equipment Design: Methods of creating machines and devices.Protein Tyrosine Phosphatases, Non-Receptor: A subcategory of protein tyrosine phosphatases that occur in the CYTOPLASM. Many of the proteins in this category play a role in intracellular signal transduction.Accidents, Traffic: Accidents on streets, roads, and highways involving drivers, passengers, pedestrians, or vehicles. Traffic accidents refer to AUTOMOBILES (passenger cars, buses, and trucks), BICYCLING, and MOTORCYCLES but not OFF-ROAD MOTOR VEHICLES; RAILROADS nor snowmobiles.Drosophila melanogaster: A species of fruit fly much used in genetics because of the large size of its chromosomes.Biomechanical Phenomena: The properties, processes, and behavior of biological systems under the action of mechanical forces.Posture: The position or attitude of the body.Models, Cardiovascular: Theoretical representations that simulate the behavior or activity of the cardiovascular system, processes, or phenomena; includes the use of mathematical equations, computers and other electronic equipment.Animals, Genetically Modified: ANIMALS whose GENOME has been altered by GENETIC ENGINEERING, or their offspring.Wounds, Stab: Penetrating wounds caused by a pointed object.Signal Transduction: The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.Genes, Insect: The functional hereditary units of INSECTS.Movement: The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.Postural Balance: A POSTURE in which an ideal body mass distribution is achieved. Postural balance provides the body carriage stability and conditions for normal functions in stationary position or in movement, such as sitting, standing, or walking.Imaging, Three-Dimensional: The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.Computer Simulation: Computer-based representation of physical systems and phenomena such as chemical processes.Image Processing, Computer-Assisted: A technique of inputting two-dimensional images into a computer and then enhancing or analyzing the imagery into a form that is more useful to the human observer.
Cleveland Division of Police
Murder Files, Magpie Books 2006. Liverpool Murders, Bluecoat Press 2009. The Devil in Bootle: A Life of Teresa Helena Higginson ... The Great British Torso Mystery, Bluecoat Press 2002. Speaking Volumes, (2004) Stephen Phillips: a Biography, Rivendale ... The Murder Almanac, Neil Wilson Publishing 1992. Murder on File, Neil Wilson Publishing 2005. The International authors and ... William Roughead's Chronicles of Murder, Lochar Publishing 1991. The Oscar Slater Murder Story, Neil Wilson Publishing 2001. ...
Timeline of Cleveland history
Cleveland Torso Murder mystery begins. 1936 Republican National Convention held in Cleveland. 1937 Cleveland Barons hockey team ... 2017 Steve Stephens murders Robert Godwin, Sr. while he was walking on a sidewalk, as seen from a Facebook post. History of ... William Lowe Rice murdered as he walks home from Euclid Golf Club 1911 Tom L. Johnson dies. 1912 Village of Nottingham annexed ... Anthony Sowell, a rapist is charged with the murder of 5 women, but Cleveland Police find more bodies bringing the count to 10 ...
James Jessen Badal
The Pennsylvania Torso Murders (2013) Badal, James Jessen (2001). In the Wake of the Butcher: Cleveland's Torso Murders. ... Cleveland's Torso Murders (2001) Twilight of Innocence: The Disappearance of Beverly Potts (2005) Though Murder Has No Tongue: ... His true crime works include a book about the disappearance of Beverly Potts and three books about the Cleveland Torso Murders ... van Beers-Werneke, Leanne (July 14, 2013). "Tri-C Professor to Launch Third Torso Murders Book". Cuyahoga Community College. ...
Hannah Mary Tabbs
... were accused of murder after the discovery of a headless, limbless, mutilated torso. Prior to discovery of the torso, Tabbs was ... Tabbs was convicted of accessory to murder. Judge Hare sentenced her to two years in prison. Wilson was convicted of murder and ... Gains' mutilated torso was discovered in Colonel William B. Mann's ice pond, February 17, 1887, in Eddington, PA by Silas Hibbs ... p. 1. "Murder of the Most Foul". Philadelphia Inquirer. February 22, 1887. p. 1. Crighton, JD (2017). Detective in the White ...
McCluskie initially admitted manslaughter, but denied murder, citing a "loss of control". He was found guilty of her murder on ... The headless torso of a woman was recovered from Regent's Canal in Hackney on 6 March. On 9 March, the police announced that ... "Arrest after torso feared to be EastEnders actress found". BBC News. BBC. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2012. "Brother of ... On 10 March, a 35-year-old male was formally charged with her murder. He appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on Monday, 12 ...
The incident belongs to the so-called Thames Torso Murders of 1887-89. On 2 October 1888, during construction of the ... The female torso was discovered in a three-month-old vault that made up part of the cellar. It was placed there at some point ... The torso was matched by police surgeon Thomas Bond to a right arm and shoulder that had previously been discovered on the ... The Murder at Westminster, 23 October 1888, The Times Cullen, Tom (1965) Autumn of Terror, London: The Bodley Head, p. 95 ...
Dolores Della Penna
Della Penna's torso and arms were later located in Jackson Township, New Jersey. Her legs were found in adjacent Manchester ... Her head was never recovered and her murder remains unsolved. Her fingertips had been severed from her hands to prevent the ... "Dead End at Toms River: A Bizarre Murder Mystery". Maury Z. Levy: Greatest Hits, Volume One. 2011-02-02. Retrieved 2017-04-25 ... Crime in Philadelphia List of murdered American children List of people who disappeared mysteriously List of unsolved deaths " ...
Jim Levy (gunfighter)
Levy followed soon after but his bullet hits its mark, landing in Harrison's torso. Harrison was then taken to a hotel to be ... Levy faced charges due to the murder but he was never convicted or punished. Jim Levy, by 1882, has already built a reputation ... Murphy and Gibson were found in Fenner, California living under assumed names and retried for the murder before being found not ... According to Wright, the three co-defendants in Leavy's murder later escaped from the Pima County Jail and were later ...
R Michael Gordon: The Thames Torso Murders of Victorian London, 2002 Inquest into the death. ... The Battersea Mystery was two unsolved murders that took place in London in 1873-74. On 5 September 1873, the left quarter of a ... "Wilful murder against some person or persons unknown". The case remained unsolved, in spite of a £200 reward being offered for ...
Urs Hans von Aesch
... was a Swiss citizen suspected of the 2007 abduction and murder of five-year-old Ylenia Lenhard in Appenzell ... especially the upper torso, apart. This forced forensics to identify the body with a DNA match. Police think it is very ... they didn't find any evidence that she was raped before or after she was murdered. The cause of her death was toluol poisoning ... probable that she was the victim of a rape-murder crime. Although on September 19, 2007, the police said, ...
On October 8, 1900, George E. Bailey was murdered at Breakheart Hill Farm in Saugus. His legs and torso would be found nine ... Wilhelm, Robert (2011). Murder and Mayhem in Essex County. The History Press. Murray, Anita (2011). "History". Friends of ... In 1989, the attempted murder of Frank Salemme by Angelo Mercurio took place in Saugus. During the 1990s and 2000s, the town's ... After a highly publicized investigation and trial, John C. Best was found guilty of murder. He was executed on September 9, ...
On April 23, 2007, McGuire's murder trial jury found her guilty of first-degree murder, finding that the evidence established ... On May 11, 2004, a second suitcase with Bill McGuire's remains was found, containing his head and torso. A third suitcase was ... During her arraignment on murder charges, McGuire's case was dubbed the "Suitcase Murder" by various media outlets. Author John ... "suitcase murder." She was convicted of murdering her husband on April 23, 2007 and was sentenced to life in prison on July 19, ...
Willie "Two-Knife" Altieri
After Yale's murder, Altieri slipped into obscurity. Very little is known as to the whereabouts of Willie "Two-Knife" Altieri ... Altierri stabbed the informer in the torso with both knives, then broke off blades in the victim's body. Altierri later ... On July 1, 1928, Yale was murdered on the streets of Brooklyn. His killing was reportedly due to a falling out with Chicago mob ... Mob boss Yale used Altieri on many occasions to commit murders. In 1919, Yale sent Altierri to silence an informer within the ...
Roger was shot several times in the torso by Larry as he exited a recording studio in Dayton, Ohio. Roger was taken to Good ... Larry's body was found in a car a short distance away from the murder scene. There were no witnesses at the time, and Larry's ... Zapp disbanded in 1999 after both Roger and Larry Troutman were killed in a murder-suicide, that was apparently carried out by ... On Sunday morning, April 25, 1999, Roger Troutman was fatally wounded as a result of an apparent murder-suicide that was ...
Mister X (Marvel Comics)
For every murder, X would cut a scar somewhere on his body. By the time he met Wolverine, his torso was covered in hundreds of ... He murdered his pet dog by locking it in an oven, followed soon after by his entire family, including his mother and father. ... As a youth, X committed several murders to recreate the high of telepathically connecting with another person at the moment of ... Over the years X would commit hundreds of murders and had his identity erased. Using his family's considerable fortune, X ...
Mary S. Sherman
The police report classified the death as a murder. An autopsy was performed by Monroe S. Samuels, M.D., on July 21, 1964. The ... Most of the right side of her upper torso, including her right arm had been incinerated. Sherman was the author or coauthor of ... "Sherman murder", The Times-Picayune, July 22, 23, 31, 1964. New Orleans States-Item, July 21, 31, 1964. Associated Press. "New ...
Honka murdered again, four years later, when he strangled the 54-year-old prostitute Anna Beuschel in his flat in August 1974. ... Firemen tackling the blaze discovered a partially decomposed female torso in a plastic bag which prompted the police to search ... In December 1974 he killed the 57-year-old Frieda Roblick in the same way and in January 1975 he murdered the 52-year-old ... The court found him guilty on one count of murder and three counts of manslaughter. He was sentenced to 15 years of ...
Compressive asphyxia (also called chest compression) is mechanically limiting expansion of the lungs by compressing the torso, ... comes from the method William Burke and William Hare used to kill their victims during the West Port murders. They killed the ... the term burking is often ascribed to a killing method that involves simultaneous smothering and compression of the torso. The ...
The True Story of The Torso Killer: Historical Serial Killers and Murderers Times Square Torso Ripper: Sex and Murder on the ... This murder was linked to an earlier murder in the same motel. Twenty-six-year-old radiologist Maryann Carr was also found ... Homicide detectives linked the murder with that of the murder of teenage prostitute Helen Sikes who had gone missing from Times ... He was eventually convicted of murder in 1981, after being caught fleeing an attempted murder. Officially Cottingham killed six ...
Allies (Star Wars novel)
The murder was unrelated to Boriello's murder and it was later discovered that Lucchese captain Frank "Big Frank" Lastorino was ... Lastorino shot Boriello twice in the head, and five times in the torso. Boriello died in the street beside his 1991 Lincoln ... When Gotti heard about Boriello's murder, he was furious. In jail at the time, he ordered Gambino family members to meet with ... At the time of his murder, Boriello had been under investigation by multiple federal agencies and the Kings County District ...
Nodaway County, Missouri
Several sensational murders have drawn attention to the county, including a profile by CBS's 60 Minutes, as well as in movies. ... Little more than half of the torso of Hubbell was found after a passing neighbor had extinguished the blaze. Hez Rasco was ... Five years earlier he was convicted of 2nd degree murder in the death of John Mahan. He was sentenced to twelve years in prison ... In the fall of 1994, a local farmer, William Taylor, murdered his wife Debra by using the family's cat to lure her underneath a ...
2005 in architecture
May 10 - Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe in Berlin, designed by Peter Eisenman. May 11 - Southeast Asian Ceramics ... August 27 - The Turning Torso in Malmö, designed by Santiago Calatrava, the tallest building in Sweden and Scandinavia. ... Driehaus Architecture Prize - Quinlan Terry Emporis Skyscraper Award - Turning Torso by Santiago Calatrava. European Union ...
He was arrested in May for suspicion of attempted murder, held on bail for $55,000, and was expected to be tried on May 4, 2009 ... Alvarez stabbed the 30-year-old victim several times in the arm, back, and torso. ... Marron was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to 50 years in prison. A second defendant, Manuel Hernandez, pleaded ... accepted Alvarez's plea of self-defense and acquitted him on the charge of attempted murder. On March 31, 2011, a 42-year-old ...
Marjorie Ann Orbin
The husband's body was found several weeks later, when his torso was discovered on October 23 in a plastic container on the ... Marjorie Ann Orbin (born October 29, 1961) is an American woman who murdered her husband Jay Orbin in Phoenix, Arizona, on or ... Marjorie was convicted of the murder in 2009 after a trial lasting eight months. On October 1, 2009, Marjorie Orbin was ... "Woman charged in husband's murder on his 45th birthday", Arizona Central, September 3, 2009 "48 Hours: Diary of a Showgirl". ...
Martin L. Sweeney
2009 Lakewood shooting
"Driver in Lakewood police murders won't face aggravated murder charge, court rules". KOMO News.. ... and fled the scene with a single gunshot wound in his torso. After a massive two-day manhunt that spanned several nearby cities ... and could not be re-tried for aggravated murder. In response, the prosecutor is re-trying him for first-degree murder. ... "Driver for cop killer won't face aggravated murder charge". Q13 Fox.. *^ Lynn, Adam (25 October 2017). "Cop killer's alleged ...
Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Tippit murder affidavit: text, cover. Kennedy murder affidavit: text, cover. *^ Warren Commission Hearings, vol. 20, p. 366, ... then he turned his head and torso rightward, attempting to see President Kennedy behind him. Governor Connally testified he ... Oswald was charged under Texas state law with the murder of Kennedy, as well as that of Dallas policeman J. D. Tippit, who had ... Ruby was convicted of Oswald's murder, though it was later overturned on appeal, and Ruby died in prison in 1967 while awaiting ...
Murders. Wuornos murdered seven men within a period of 12 months. ... He was fully clothed and had been shot six times in the head and torso. His car was found in Suwannee County. ... "Murder Made Me Famous 'Aileen Wuornos'". IMDB. Retrieved December 2, 2018.. *^ Hilsman, Hoyt (November 16, 1992). "Review: ' ... Shipley, Stacey L.; Arrigo, Bruce A. (2004). The Female Homicide Offender: Serial Murder and the Case of Aileen Wuornos. ...
Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Tippit murder affidavit: text, cover. Kennedy murder affidavit: text, cover. *^ Warren Commission Hearings, vol. 20, p. 366, ... then he turned his head and torso rightward, attempting to see President Kennedy behind him. Governor Connally testified he ... 1963 murder of the US President. For a chronological guide to this subject, see Timeline of the John F. Kennedy assassination. ... Oswald was charged under Texas state law with the murder of Kennedy as well as that of Dallas policeman J. D. Tippit, who had ...
Compressive asphyxia (also called chest compression) is mechanically limiting expansion of the lungs by compressing the torso, ... comes from the method William Burke and William Hare used to kill their victims during the West Port murders. They killed the ... the term burking is often ascribed to a killing method that involves simultaneous smothering and compression of the torso. ...
Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Tippit murder affidavit: text, cover. Kennedy murder affidavit: text, cover.. *^ Warren Commission Hearings, vol. 20, p. 366, ... Connally testified that he immediately recognized the sound of a high-powered rifle, then he turned his head and torso ... "Assassination Records Review Board: Unlocking the Government's Secret Files on the Murder of a President". Mcadams.posc.mu.edu ... and the Murder of JFK. New York: Carroll & Graf. ISBN 978-0-7867-1441-4.. ...
Franklin D. Roosevelt
List of fatal, unprovoked shark attacks in the United States
Cruse, a resident of Kihei, Hawaii, was bitten in the upper torso while snorkeling by an unknown species of shark at a popular ... some in the law enforcement community have questioned this conclusion and feel she may have been murdered and dumped in the ... Solorio died after he was bitten on the left side of his upper torso by a great white shark while surfing. The attack occurred ... The shark bit off most or all of the victim's limbs, while his torso was left floating in the water. The attack was reportedly ...
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting
Von Brunn was charged in federal court on June 11, 2009, with first-degree murder and firearms violations. On July 29, 2009 ... and shot Special Police Officer Johns once in the upper torso, who later died of his injuries at the George Washington ... The day after the shooting, the Holocaust Museum's flag flew at half-staff in memory of the murdered guard, Stephen Tyrone ... "James Von Brunn Indicted for Murder of Special Police Officer Stephen Johns and Hate Crimes Charges for Attack on the United ...
Subsequent murders. Fifteen months after the murder of Dukette, Kraft killed a 20-year-old Marine named Edward Daniel ... Although only the head, torso and left leg of this victim were ever found, this victim, like several others, had had a sock ... Following the murders of Silveira, Whitcher and Taggs, Oregon investigators relayed details of the murders to police in other ... The six Oregon murders committed by Kraft were thus linked to the murders he had committed in California. ...
A teacher is murdered in the copyroom, and the students notice that the killer made copies of the killing on the copy machine. ... which goes right through his torso as Paula rescues Dwight. They leave the school and are in Dwight's car when, all of a sudden ... Then horrible murders start happening with no one certain of the identity of the culprit. The main suspects are Dwight, whose ...
Ashtabula River railroad disaster
Murders. Between 1982 and 1984, Eyler is known to have committed a minimum of twenty-one murders and one attempted murder ... Hansen's head, arms, and legs had been severed from his torso with a hacksaw, and the torso itself had been completely drained ... Second murder charge. On August 22, Eyler was formally charged with Bridges' murder. He denied any knowledge of the ... Formal murder charge. Eyler was formally charged with Calise's murder on October 29, with his bond being set at $1 ...
It was found that the copper content of the skin of the torso was higher than the control areas, suggesting that the theory of ... In the case of Lindow Man, scholars debate whether the killing was murder or done as part of ritual. Anne Ross, an expert on ... When Reyn-Bardt was confronted with the discovery of the skull from Lindow Moss, he confessed to the murder of his wife. It was ... for a straightforward murder. Archaeologists John Hodgson and Mark Brennand suggest that bog bodies may have been related to ...
List of bog bodies
Peter Reyn-Bardt was convicted for his wife's murder anyway. Lindow Man Lindow II "Pete Marsh" Cheshire, England 2 BCE-119 CE ... Only the torso was discovered, lacking a head and abdomen. He was believed to have been 198 cm (6'6'') tall, and to have been a ... Nothing remains below the waist of the man, either due to the turf cutting machine or when he had been brutally murdered. The ... "NOVA , Ghosts of Murdered Kings". Pbs.org. 13 August 2011. Retrieved 1 February 2014.. ...
Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse
The song "Holy War" by Australian deathcore band Thy Art Is Murder references the image of Ali Shallal al-Qaisi in its music ... The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology later ruled al-Jamadi's death a homicide, caused by "blunt force injuries to the torso ... No one was convicted for the murders of the detainees.. *Colonel Thomas Pappas was relieved of his command on May 13, 2005, ... Lindsey Graham stated that "the American public needs to understand we're talking about rape and murder here." Norm Coleman ...
Execution of the Romanov family
Alec Luhn (23 September 2015), Russia reopens criminal case on 1918 Romanov royal family murders, The Guardian, retrieved 30 ... Yurovsky reportedly raised his Colt gun at Nicholas's torso and fired; Nicholas was the target of all of the assembled shooters ... "Murder of the Imperial Family - Yurovsky Note 1922 English". Alexander Palace. Retrieved 21 November 2015.. ... Pavel Medvedev, head of the Ipatiev House guard and one of the key figures in the murders, was captured by the White Army ...
Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Tippit murder affidavit: text, cover. Kennedy murder affidavit: text, cover. *^ Warren Commission Hearings, vol. 20, p. 366, ... and turned his head and torso rightward in an attempt to see Kennedy behind him. He testified he could not see Kennedy, so he ... Oswald was charged under Texas state law with the murder of Kennedy, as well as that of Dallas policeman J. D. Tippit, who had ... Oswald was charged with the murders of Kennedy and Tippit later that night. He denied shooting anyone and claimed he was ...
The AK-47's accuracy has always been considered[by whom?] to be "good enough" to hit an adult male torso out to about 300 m ( ... "separate the weapon as a weapon of murder from the people who are producing it and to tell its history in our country". On 19 ... Any errors in range estimation are tactically irrelevant, as a well-aimed shot will hit the torso of the enemy soldier. Some AK ...
Japanese war crimes
Murdering and burying them follows naturally. You do it so you won't be found out. I believed and acted this way because I was ... After both arms were gone, the doctors moved on to the legs until only a head and torso remained. The victim was then used for ... The History Channel (2000). Japanese War Crimes: Murder Under The Sun (Video documentary (DVD & VHS)). A & E Home Video.. ... Because military and international law did not specifically deal with cannibalism, they were tried for murder and "prevention ...
Murder of James Byrd Jr.
The murderers drove on for another mile (1500 m) before dumping his torso in front of an African-American cemetery in Jasper.[1 ... Reactions to the murder. Numerous aspects of the Byrd murder echo lynching traditions. These include mutilation or ... Politically Correct Murder and Media Bias by Larry Elder - compares media coverage of the Byrd case to the murder of Ken ... Houston rap group Geto Boys reference the murder in the song "Eye 4 an Eye" from their 1998 album Da Good da Bad & da Ugly. ...
Cthulhu Mythos deities
A humanoid-torso with tentacles instead of limbs, and a short neck ending in a toothless, featureless mouth. ... Eppirfon was originally Cthulhu's second bride who bore him a son, T'ith, now dead, murdered by Cthulhu himself. ... A three-eyed, gilled, proboscidian monster with a globular torso, six, long sinuous limbs ending in black paws, with crab-like ...
List of Metalocalypse characters
Introduced in "Murdering outside the Box", he got into a scuffle with a disguised Agent 216 (an assassin sent by General ... He wears a very tight neon unitard with cutouts that expose almost his entire torso and, in the back, the top of his buttcrack ... He also appears in "Murdering Outside the Box," to open the quarterly review. Outside of fiction, Facebones is used to host ... "Murdering Outside The Box." Having been a psychopath all his life, having no family save his brother, he wears a metal mask and ...
Thames Torso Murders of 1887-89 - Wikipedia
The Thames Torso Murders of 1887-89, often called the Thames Mysteries or the Embankment Murders, was a series of unsolved ... In his 2002 book The Thames Torso Murders of Victorian London, R. Michael Gordon suggests there may be a link to a murder in ... Peter Stubley, 1888 London Murders in the Year of the Ripper, Stroud, 2012, ISBN 9780752465432. "The Thames Torso Murders of ... The 2013 novel Mayhem by Sarah Pinborough is based on the Thames Torso murders and includes newspaper articles from that time. ...
Tradie may shed light on torso 'murder'
QUEENSLAND police hope a tradesperson or cleaner can shed light on the case of a man allegedly murdered and decapitated by his ... Tradie may shed light on torso murder. DECTECTIVES hope contractors can shed light on the alleged murder of Sunshine Coast ... THE charred torso of Sunshine Coast man George Gerbic, 66, was found by the side of a road at Cedar Pocket near Gympie in ... QUEENSLAND police hope a tradesperson or cleaner can shed light on the case of a man allegedly murdered and decapitated by his ...
Top 10 Murder Mysteries Finally Solved Using Forensics - Listverse
9The Lake City Torso Murder. Twenty-three years ago, the dismembered body of a young man was discovered behind a gas station in ... 10 Of The Most Gruesome Serial Killer Murders. March 14, 2018. Crime Top 10 Unsolved Mysterious Murders From The Early 1900s. ... 5The Murder of Nova Welsh. In 1981, 24-year-old Nova Welsh was found dead, stuffed inside a cupboard, in her home in Birmingham ... 4The Murder of Karen Klaas. In 1976, 32-year-old Karen Klaas was assaulted in her Hermosa Beach home which she once shared with ...
Child murder - Wikipedia
"Torso murder reward offered". BBC News. 21 December 2001. Retrieved 28 April 2010. ... the Chicago Tribune put every child murder on the front page (generally no murders were front-page news). 62 child murders were ... Several U.S. states have included child murder to their list of aggravating factors that may make a murder punishable by the ... Child murder or child homicide is the homicide of an individual who is a minor. In 2008, there were 1,494 child homicides in ...
Download Autobiography Biography Criminals Murder Outlaws, biograph...
Murder, Blackmail, and Confidence Games in the Gilded Age - Virginia A. McConnell from ebook-reader ... Autobiography Biography Criminals Murder Outlaws: 20 assigned downloads, like The Adventuress: ... In 2001 The Kent State University Press published James Jessen Badals In the Wake of the Butcher: Clevelands Torso Murders- ... In The Wake Of The Butcher: Clevelands Torso Murders - James Jessen Badal. ...
Canute: Emperor of the North book by M. J. Trow | 1 available editions | Alibris Books
Headless torso found in Idaho cave identified as murdered outlaw | Connect FM | Local News Radio | Dubois, PA
Headless torso found in Idaho cave identified as murdered outlaw. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest E-Mail ... Home » ABC National » Headless torso found in Idaho cave identified as murdered outlaw ... SEBASTOPOL, Ca) - In 1979, a headless torso wrapped in a burlap sack was found in an Idaho cave, and now, more than 40 years ... In 1991, limbs were discovered in the same cave where the torso was initially found.Researchers and students from Idaho State ...
Casebook: Jack the Ripper - The Whitehall Mystery
Dissertations: The Thames Torso Murders of 1887-89 Victims: The Pinchin Street Murder ... On October 2, 1888 the headless and limbless torso of a woman was found dumped in a vault soon to become a section of the ... They did suggest, however, that there could be a connection between this and the Pinchin Street Murder. ...
10 Murder Mysteries That Made History - Listverse
The victims in these 10 murders didnt wield national power and ... The torso belonged to Jane Jones. She was Goods pregnant ... He admitted that his bosss wife, Gu Kailai, had murdered Neil Heywood. When hed told Bo Xilai about the murder, Bo wanted it ... The victims in these 10 murders didnt wield national power and most were quickly forgotten. Even so, their murders led to ... 6A Murder Classic. Frankie and Johnny were lovers, Oh Lordy, how they could love.. [. . .]. Frankie threw back her kimono, she ...
Danish inventor denies killing Swedish journalist as murder trial opens
Members of the court were shown a drawing of the multiple stab wounds to Walls torso. An audio file of a radio exchange ... Her remains were found in plastic bags on the Baltic Sea bed weeks later, and her torso was found stabbed multiple times. ... The prosecution claims Walls murder was premeditated because Madsen brought along tools he normally didnt take when sailing. ... charged with murdering and dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall aboard his privately made submarine, opened Thursday, March ...
Stories, Listed by Author
Jennifer Martel: Broadcaster's Son Pleads Guilty To Murder
Martel sustained stab wounds in the arms, torso, legs, and throat.. Jared Remy, son of a Red Sox broadcaster, pleads guilty to ... Jennifer Martel: Broadcasters Son Pleads Guilty To Murder. Val Powell. 05.27.2014. Life ... Remy, 35, was charged with first-degree murder, violation of a restraining order, and assault and battery. ... murder: http://t.co/WL7YZnRJkW Given mandatory sentence pic.twitter.com/1dpR9vLWun ...
Achenblog - Google Does Evil
"Body found buried in backyard, wife charged with murder. WPMI-TV. updated 8:15 p.m. ET, Wed., May 20, 2009. (MOBILE, Ala.) May ... Hocutt died from a gunshot wound to the torso, a preliminary autopsy revealed. Police have not yet released a motive for the ... NBC 15s Andrea Ramey spent the day digging into their pasts to find out why this murder may have taken place. Police say it ... Hed also been charged in the past for attempted murder and was arrested multiple times for DUI. I knew Dan, he was all out ...
Murder Trial Ordered for Developer : Crime: James N. Hood of Newport Beach is accused of murdering a former employee who was...
... developer was ordered Tuesday to stand trial on a charge of killing a former employee who was acquitted last year of murdering ... The first bullet entered the torso as if it penetrated when he was standing erect. The second lodged in the skull and would ... Murder Trial Ordered for Developer : Crime: James N. Hood of Newport Beach is accused of murdering a former employee who was ... Hood has been charged with murder with the special allegation of lying in wait for the victim at Hoods office in the Mission ...
Woman accused of stabbing friend will be tried for manslaughter after second-degree murder charge tossed | Edmonton Journal
A judge has thrown out a second-degree murder charge against a woman accused in the stabbing death of her friend, instead ... A judge has thrown out a second-degree murder charge against a woman accused in the stabbing death of her friend, instead ... Moments later, Kay left the kitchen holding a bloody wound on her torso. ... Woman accused of stabbing friend will be tried for manslaughter after second-degree murder charge tossed. * Facebook ...
Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Daily News - 4 October 1888
Dissertations: The Thames Torso Murders of 1887-89 Message Boards: The Whitehall Mystery ... A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (10 posts). Motive, Method and Madness: How realistic was it for JTR to disguise himself as a PC? - ( ... General Suspect Discussion: Window of Time for Nichols murder - (78 posts). Druitt, Montague John: What makes Druitt a viable ... THE BERNER-STREET MURDER. THE RESUMED INQUEST. A CONTRADICTORY IDENTIFICATION. DISCOVERY OF A KNIFE. ...
ONTARIO: Riverside woman sentenced in dismemberment murder - Press Enterprise
Danish inventor charged with murdering reporter on his submarine - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
A Danish inventor has been charged with murdering and dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall during a trip on his private ... Multiple knife wounds had been found on her torso, and Mr Buch-Jepsen claimed Madsen stabbed Ms Wall several times while she ... Ms Walls dismembered, naked torso was found on a southern Copenhagen shoreline in late August. Her head, legs and clothes were ... A Danish inventor has been charged with murdering and dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall during a trip on his private ...
ASSASSINATION | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED
Its a mystifying murder investigation, a case that remains unsolved. Rich was killed by a gunshot wound to the torso, ... The DNC operative was murdered in the summer of 2016 in Washington DC. His murder was never solved. According to the lawsuit ... ARKANCIDE? MURDER OF ARKANSAS SENATOR LINDA COLLINS-SMITH LINKED TO EPSTEIN PEDOPHILIA AND SEX TRAFFICKING SCANDAL. Tags: * ... Arkancide? Murder of Arkansas Senator Linda Collins-Smith linked to Epstein pedophilia and sex trafficking scandal. Tags: * ...
Canadensis couple charged with murder of infant - News - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA
Questions raised in disabled pensioner's grisly murder case | News Mail
Yellow twine had also been wrapped around his neck, legs and torso. ... appeal court disability pension manslaughter case murder case terrance steven arthur barallon ... Terrence Steven Arthur Barallon was given a life sentence for the brutal murder of Robert Duffy at his Mooroobool home on ... Barallon - Mr Duffys live-in carer - admitted to manslaughter in Cairns Supreme Court, but was ultimately convicted of murder ...
Chetek deaths of man, woman, daughter were murder-suicide, Barron County sheriff says
A romantic night with Michael Haggarty, a murder she wrote fanfic | FanFiction
Akron police investigate string of catalytic converter thefts | fox8.com
Swedish journalist Kim Wall's severed head found in Copenhagen Bay | 89.3 KPCC
21, Walls torso, with metal attached, was discovered.. Madsen has been charged with manslaughter, the legal equivalent of ... murder in Denmark.. At a pretrial hearing Tuesday, more damning evidence was presented. Prosecutors said an autopsy revealed ... Danish divers looking for the remains of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, whose torso washed ashore in Copenhagen this summer, made ... more than a dozen stab wounds on Walls torso. Her DNA was found on Madsens hand, neck and clothing, and police found a hard ...
NYPD Arrests Shelly Luciano, 28, Who Allegedly Stabbed Her Live-In Boyfriend Jack Archin, 36, In Torso At Home In Boerum Hill -...
Police responding to a 911 call Saturday found 36-year-old Jack Archin stabbed once in the torso. He was pronounced dead at ... NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) - A Brooklyn woman faces a murder charge after police say she fatally stabbed her live-in boyfriend ... Police charged her with murder and criminal possession of a weapon.. Police say they had argued because Archin was jealous. The ... Police responding to a 911 call early Saturday morning found 36-year-old Jack Archin stabbed once in the torso. He was ...
Honor Killing or Just Muslim Savagery?: MI Man Charged w/ Murder, Burning Woman'sTorso
Tags: 2004, brutal murder, burned body, burned torso, cold case, convict, criminal sexual conduct, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, ... This murder was about drugs sex and money, the sensationalist media is always quick to take something like this and run with it ... i was shocked to find out oussama was back in prison for murder. i picked him up from prison when he got out the last time and ... On Tuesday, he was arraigned on Tuesday on a charge of first-degree murder for the brutal killing of Margaret Sheppard Webb of ...
Mounties relive the night of the Moncton murder spree at RCMP trial | Toronto Star
He said he turned the 45-year-old officer over and saw he had been shot twice in the torso. ... Mounties relive the night of the Moncton murder spree at RCMP trial. Several Mounties who responded to the scene teared up on ... Mounties are reliving Justin Bourques murder spree at an RCMP trial. Its alleged the RCMP failed to provide members and ... parole eligibility for 75 years after pleading guilty to three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder ...
A 2002 Account of Robert Durst's Link to 3 Grisly Murders
Readers Digest published a gripping story about Robert Durst and his connection to three gruesome murders. Now an HBO ... Black had been dismembered, his headless torso found in Galveston Bay, his limbs in garbage bags floating nearby. ... He pled not guilty to the murder. "The best we could tell they had a strained neighbor relationship-a lot of petty bickering," ... A check of his Social Security number shows he is wanted for a murder in Texas, and is being sought for questioning about ...
Milkman found laughing and covered in blood after murdering his mother and her friend, court hears
A former milkman accused of murdering his mother and her friend in a horrific attack was found at the scene laughing and ... Mrs Phillips had been stabbed at least 41 times in the head, neck and torso, and was pronounced dead at the scene. ... A former milkman accused of murdering his mother and her friend in a horrific attack was found at the scene laughing and ... Milkman found laughing and covered in blood after murdering his mother and her friend, court hears ...
Charred torso was foundNeckHeadless torsoShot twice in the torsoStabOnce in the torsoWall'sWoman's torsoWounds in the armsPeter MadsenHuman torso2016GunshotPinchin StreetBuch-JepsenInjuriesBrutallyHeadSkipDeniesCountsMadsenAllegedly murderedSwedish journalist Kim WallWhitechapelVictim'sSecond-degree1979Victim2002SuspectFound guiltyRipperRemyJurySuitcaseGruesome murderBrutalTrialUpperPleaded not guiltyDeathMartelCaseArrested and chargedBulletKiller1888Night of the murderArmsHomicideAuthoritiesPetrolFormally chargedWomanFelonyInvestigators
Charred torso was found1
- Yellow twine had also been wrapped around his neck, legs and torso. (news-mail.com.au)
- Brenda Turner also had blunt force injuries to her face, neck and torso and a rib fracture. (twincities.com)
- Mrs Phillips had been stabbed at least 41 times in the head, neck and torso, and was pronounced dead at the scene. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Prins, a father of three, was shot three times in the torso and neck, reports the State . (newser.com)
- He was stabbed 15 times in the torso, neck and eye, prosecutors said. (sfappeal.com)
- Martel suffered wounds to the neck, arms, torso and legs, and defensive wounds to the inside of her hands. (enterprisenews.com)
- DAYTONA BEACH - Corey Joe McCutcheon was convicted of first-degree murder Monday after a jury decided he repeatedly stabbed a DeLand tavern worker with two screwdrivers and left them embedded in his neck. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Deland's body was discovered Oct. 17, 1995, with more than 100 stab wounds to his head, neck and torso. (orlandosentinel.com)
- his severed head, neck, and right arm are discovered about a mile from where the three finally dump his mangled torso. (historycommons.org)
- Police were called to the Hogg St residence where they discovered the body of 19-year-old Jake Lasker with lacerations to his neck and torso. (gattonstar.com.au)
- Jake Lasker, 19, was found dead yesterday with lacerations to his neck and torso. (gattonstar.com.au)
- The Crown said an autopsy found stab wounds to her neck and torso and bruising to other areas of her body. (coffscoastadvocate.com.au)
- Police are appealing for public help to find a car they believe was used in the disposal of a headless torso near Gympie, in southern Queensland, last year. (abc.net.au)
- Black had been dismembered, his headless torso found in Galveston Bay, his limbs in garbage bags floating nearby. (rd.com)
- Miller's headless torso was later found stuffed in a suitcase in a trash bin, media said. (yahoo.com)
Shot twice in the torso2
- Prosecutors said an autopsy revealed more than a dozen stab wounds on Wall's torso. (scpr.org)
- Members of the court were shown a drawing of the multiple stab wounds to Wall's torso. (kctv5.com)
- Slifer, 51, died Sunday night of multiple stab wounds to the head and upper torso, according to a police report. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined this week that Ms. McKinney, who was pronounced dead on Nov. 9, had died as a result of the stab wound with blunt force injuries to her head and torso. (nytimes.com)
Once in the torso2
- Police responding to a 911 call early Saturday morning found 36-year-old Jack Archin stabbed once in the torso. (cbslocal.com)
- A) witness described that the two shots were several seconds apart, and that Omar had shot the victim once in the torso and then moved in closer and placed a shot to the deceased victim's head. (deseretnews.com)
- In November 1886, a woman's torso was found on the steps of the Montrouge church in Paris, missing the head, legs, right arm, left breast and uterus. (wikipedia.org)
- In June 1902 a woman's torso was found in Salamanca Alley in Lambeth in London. (wikipedia.org)
- A woman's torso has been recovered from the lower Niagara River, and police say her death was a result of homicide. (huffingtonpost.ca)
Wounds in the arms1
- The top of the bag was tied but the bottom had busted open and they were able see inside, they saw what looked like a human torso and called the police. (websleuths.com)
- A human torso was found inside a plastic bag Wednesday afternoon near the river's banks. (websleuths.com)
- The men found a lawn and leaf bag with a small rip and saw what has now been confirmed to be a human torso inside. (websleuths.com)
- Police in northeastern Pennsylvania have announced a reward for information in the case of a human torso found in garbage bags along the road. (tnonline.com)
- Sept. 6, 2016: Baltimore police arrested Erik Mullins, a 35-year-old Caucasian man (listed as African-American in current charging documents) of the 6400 block of Washington Square, and charged him with first degree murder in the death of John Davis, a 48-year-old African-American man who was shot on June 30 near his home in Cherry Hill. (baltimoresun.com)
- Hidalgo, who had sustained a gunshot wound to her upper torso, was being treated by witnesses. (signaltribunenewspaper.com)
- Dr. Eric Eason, a medical examiner with the Georgia Bureau of Investigations who performed the autopsy on Shelly's body, said the victim had suffered three gunshot wounds - one to the torso, one across the mouth that dislocated several teeth, and one to the back of the head. (covnews.com)
- The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner revealed on Monday, April 1, that Hussle died from gunshot wounds to the head and torso. (usmagazine.com)
- On 10 September 1889 Police Constable William Pennett found the headless and legless torso of an unidentified woman under a railway arch at Pinchin Street, Whitechapel. (wikipedia.org)
- The Whitechapel murder file contained four other names Rose Mylet, Alice McKenzie, Frances Coles and a headless body simply identified as the Pinchin Street torso. (sundayobserver.lk)
- Along with injuries to the head and upper torso, there were injuries around Leelan's genitals, there was also a laceration of the anus from some sort of trauma. (wbiw.com)
- Sanchez-Reyes was found by police in his hospital room with major injuries to his upper torso after he was attacked sometime around 12:30 p.m. (mercurynews.com)
- VALLETTA (Reuters) - The self-confessed middleman in the murder of Maltese anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia was in critical condition on Wednesday with knife injuries to his throat and torso, authorities and local media said. (reuters.com)
- Shortlisted, Democracy 250 Atlantic Book Award for Historical WritingOn a frigid February evening in 1805, Amos Babcock brutally murdered Mercy. (tradebit.com)
- So why did Othman, age 36, brutally murder Webb, apparently a non-Muslim woman? (debbieschlussel.com)
- His mother, Marilyn, had been brutally murdered in her bed. (clevescene.com)
- In 1991, limbs were discovered in the same cave where the torso was initially found.Researchers and students from Idaho State University searched and excavated the cave in 2015, but Loveless's head was never found.Investigators had little to go on in 1979. (connectradio.fm)
- When pulled from the water, the torso was missing its arms, legs and head, Watson said. (huffingtonpost.ca)
- Webb's body was found with severe head trauma and a burned torso. (debbieschlussel.com)
- And a medical examination of her body revealed the cause of death was trauma to her head and torso. (recordnet.com)
- Mr Gilbert's knee joints, forearm and elbow were missing, as well as his head, although his torso and some other body parts were present. (dailymail.co.uk)
- According to the autopsy report, Leelan suffered at least 12 impacts to the head area and at least seven to the torso. (wbiw.com)
- In return, Hickman threw the girl's head and upper torso out of the car at the father's feet and sped off. (historycommons.org)
- Buchhorn was charged after the coroner ruled Oliver's death a homicide, caused by blunt force trauma to the head and torso. (ljworld.com)
- Furthermore, one witness stated he had seen a SEAL "straddling the detainee over his upper torso area and pouring water on the detainee's head. (wsws.org)
- Robinson suffered a leg injury, while Allen was pronounced dead at the scene, with bullet holes on her head, torso, and limbs. (oxygen.com)
- The teenager's head, arms and legs had been chopped off and were found not far from his torso, he said. (blogspot.com)
- The cell phone also contained photos of Burke's severed head and torso. (whittierdailynews.com)
- The child was killed by "blunt impact of head and torso with skull fractures and lacerations of (the) liver, brain and spleen," the medical examiner said late Friday. (nydailynews.com)
- Randy Becker said he continued upstairs and found Jones' body lying on the floor with a black trash bag covering his head and torso. (eveningsun.com)
- Greenacre was a notorious murderer who in 1836 dismembered the body of his fiancée, leaving the torso in one part of London and her head in an East End canal. (bl.uk)
- His alleged killer, Luka Rocco Magnotta, was arrested in a Berlin café and subsequently extradited to Canada to face charges of first-degree murder, indignity to a human body and other criminal counts. (huffingtonpost.ca)
- Joseph Mills, 25, was arrested Sunday and charged with two counts of murder. (newser.com)
- In addition to murder, Camacho is charged with two counts of armed assault with intent to murder for shooting two other men during the incident. (fosters.com)
- A man who launched an attack on his partner and another on the mother of his three children minutes later has admitted two counts of murder. (heart.co.uk)
- FORT LAUDERDALE - Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was formally charged Wednesday with 17 counts of first-degree murder, which could mean a death sentence if he is convicted. (newschief.com)
- The indictment returned by a grand jury in Fort Lauderdale also charges the 19-year-old with 17 counts of attempted murder for the Valentine's Day massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland in which 17 people died and more than a dozen others were wounded. (newschief.com)
- Reginald Daniel Panthier faces felony counts of murder, elder abuse resulting in death, elder abuse with infliction of injury and assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury for allegedly assaulting 73-year-old Francisco Sanchez-Reyes at College Medical Center on Jan. 31. (mercurynews.com)
- She was charged with two murder counts: Intentional murder, and murder of a victim under the age of 11. (nydailynews.com)
Swedish journalist Kim Wall2
- A Danish inventor has been charged with murdering and dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall during a trip on his private submarine. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Danish divers looking for the remains of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, whose torso washed ashore in Copenhagen this summer, made a gruesome discovery Friday nearby in Køge Bay. (scpr.org)
- Several U.S. states have included child murder to their list of aggravating factors that may make a murder punishable by the death penalty, but the victim's age under which the crime is a capital crime varies between them. (wikipedia.org)
- Police found the victim's torso and legs at an Ontario home occupied by Montelongo's relatives. (pe.com)
- It contains events related to the event November 24, 1998: Gay Rights and Anti-Gay Organizations Join in Condemning Anti-Gay Church's Protests at Murder Victim's Funeral . (historycommons.org)
- A judge has thrown out a second-degree murder charge against a woman accused in the stabbing death of her friend, instead opting to finish trying her on the lesser included offence of manslaughter. (edmontonjournal.com)
- Michalyshyn had been asked to rule on a directed verdict application from the defence, which dealt with whether there was enough evidence to continue the trial on second-degree murder charges. (edmontonjournal.com)
- While reading his decision, Michalyshyn said the question before him is whether a properly instructed jury could convict Loos of second-degree murder on the available evidence. (edmontonjournal.com)
- The defence argued there was not enough evidence to establish Loos had the intent necessary to commit second-degree murder. (edmontonjournal.com)
- Liu's former boyfriend was recently arrested and charged with second-degree murder. (huffingtonpost.ca)
- A San Francisco man was convicted today of second degree murder and attempted murder for the stabbing of his father and stepmother in 2009, District Attorney George Gascon announced today. (sfappeal.com)
- Levit Chavez Jr., 29, was convicted by a jury of second degree murder in the death of his father and premeditated, deliberate attempted murder with enhancements for the use of a knife and great bodily injury in the attack on his stepmother, prosecutors said. (sfappeal.com)
- But Rogers' appearance and a trail of blood, including two sets of bloody footprints, throughout the yellow house at 809 SE Fourth St. led police to charge him with second-degree murder in Slifer's death. (sun-sentinel.com)
- An unknown child (referred to as Adam), whose decapitated torso was found in the River Thames in London in 2002 is believed to have been the victim of a muti killing. (wikipedia.org)
- Hood has been charged with murder with the special allegation of lying in wait for the victim at Hood's office in the Mission Plaza mall he owns just outside of Fontana. (latimes.com)
- In his 2002 book The Thames Torso Murders of Victorian London, R. Michael Gordon suggests there may be a link to a murder in Paris in 1886, as well as to another murder in London in 1902. (wikipedia.org)
- Dozier was convicted in 2007 of the murder of Jeremiah Miller, who was robbed and shot to death in 2002 after traveling to Las Vegas, where Dozier had promised to help him obtain drugs to make methamphetamine. (yahoo.com)
- The Long Beach Police Department (LBPD) is asking for the public's help in locating a suspect wanted in connection with the murder of his live-in girlfriend, who was the mother of his three children. (signaltribunenewspaper.com)
- A murder suspect out of Moab was captured in Arizona near the Navajo Nation following a 100-mile chase with authorities. (deseretnews.com)
- Winder had high praise for authorities in Arizona who didn't know they were chasing a wanted murder suspect until after he was arrested. (deseretnews.com)
- Defense lawyers arguing on behalf of Sam Reese Sheppard will be acting as prosecutors, trying to absolve his father by pinning his mother's murder on their new suspect. (clevescene.com)
- Terrance Barallon pleaded guilty to manslaughter but was found guilty of murder. (news-mail.com.au)
- The mum of tragic Liam Fee and her lesbian partner have been found guilty of murdering the toddler and falsely blaming his death on another child. (mirror.co.uk)
- Iqbal, of Leven, Fife, was found guilty of attempted murder at the High Court in Glasgow and was jailed on Friday. (stv.tv)
- Speculations have linked the Thames murder series to that of the contemporary Jack the Ripper series. (wikipedia.org)
- The murders were given much covering in contemporary press, though they never became as well known as the Ripper murders. (wikipedia.org)
- It is debatable whether Jack the Ripper and the "Torso killer" were the same person or separate serial killers active in the same area. (wikipedia.org)
- The modus operandi of the Torso killer differed from that of the Ripper, and police at the time discounted any connection between the two. (wikipedia.org)
- Although there were 11 murders during this timeline Scotland Yard could connect only five of the crimes to the Ripper. (sundayobserver.lk)
- Jared Remy pleaded guilty Tuesday to the 2013 murder of his fianc e Jennifer Martel, who was recalled in court as a humble, hardworking, loyal woman who "will finally be able to rest. (enterprisenews.com)
- WOBURN - The son of longtime Boston Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy pleaded guilty to murder and other charges for stabbing his girlfriend last year and lunging at a man who tried to help her, and was immediately given the mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole. (tauntongazette.com)
- Remy pleaded guilty to first-degree murder, assault and battery, and violating a restraining order, among other charges. (tauntongazette.com)
- Assistant District Attorney Lisa McGovern said Remy stabbed Martel in the throat, legs, arms and torso, and punched her in the face. (tauntongazette.com)
- Barallon - Mr Duffy's live-in carer - admitted to manslaughter in Cairns Supreme Court , but was ultimately convicted of murder by a jury. (news-mail.com.au)
- A Conewago Township man who was charged with first- and third-degree murder began his jury trial Tuesday morning at the Adams County courthouse. (eveningsun.com)
- Today, the couple were convicted of all eight charges they faced, with a majority verdict returned on the murder charge after around 10 hours of deliberations by the jury. (mirror.co.uk)
- Terrence Steven Arthur Barallon was given a life sentence for the brutal murder of Robert Duffy at his Mooroobool home on February 17, 2017. (news-mail.com.au)
- On Tuesday, he was arraigned on Tuesday on a charge of first-degree murder for the brutal killing of Margaret Sheppard Webb of Dearbornistan in 2004. (debbieschlussel.com)
- Six years after the brutal murder of Ms Tregerthan, her accused killer, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has gone on trial in a special sitting of the Supreme Court in Lismore. (coffscoastadvocate.com.au)
- In September1888, after the brutal murders of Martha Tabram and Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols in August, how did Annie Chapman reasonably persuade herself to walk the streets of London's East End looking for a stranger to pay her for sex? (ifdpublishing.com)
- Murder Trial Ordered for Developer : Crime: James N. Hood of Newport Beach is accused of murdering a former employee who was acquitted of killing Hood's wife. (latimes.com)
- FONTANA - A Newport Beach developer was ordered Tuesday to stand trial on a charge of killing a former employee who was acquitted last year of murdering the suspect's wife. (latimes.com)
- Sentencing Delayed in Hood Trial : Courts: Jurors in murder case of millionaire Newport Beach developer may have improperly discussed testimony. (latimes.com)
- Charting Fall From Golden O.C. Lifestyle to Lurid Trial : Courts: James Hood of Newport Beach is accused of murdering the hit man he allegedly hired to kill his wife. (latimes.com)
- Dozier was also convicted in the 2005 murder of Jasen "Griffin" Green in Phoenix before the trial in Nevada. (yahoo.com)
- STOCKTON - Doctors have determined that a 40-year-old man accused of raping and murdering his grandmother is competent to stand trial after having responded well to psychiatric medication. (recordnet.com)
- Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - A Rochester man who is in custody awaiting trial in a murder case is now facing a felony assault charge for a recent incident involving an Olmsted County jail detention deputy. (kroc.com)
- Carrody M. Buchhorn, 44, of Eudora, left, waits for the opening arguments to begin in her murder trial in Douglas County District Court on Tuesday, July 17, 2018. (ljworld.com)
- Keiter was among witnesses who took the stand on day three of the trial for Carrody M. Buchhorn, 44, of Eudora, charged with first-degree murder in the death of 9-month-old Oliver "Ollie" Ortiz, of Eudora. (ljworld.com)
- The murder trial of Thomas Francis, for the alleged 2006 shooting of his wife Denise Michele "Shelly" Francis, began Tuesday as jurors heard a chilling call for help to 911 and graphic medical and forensic testimony from experts. (covnews.com)
- Murder trial begins for Walter Mark Smith Jr. (eveningsun.com)
- Rachel Fee - Liam's mum - and her civil partner had been on trial for the past seven weeks over the murder at the house near Glenrothes on March 22, 2014. (mirror.co.uk)
- Cartoon from Punch's Almanack , 'The Trial-for-Murder Mania', satirising the public's appetite for crime and execution as a form of entertainment, 1850. (bl.uk)
Pleaded not guilty1
- San Bernardino County Superior Court jurors in August concluded that Carmen Montelongo committed first-degree murder when she stabbed to death and dismembered former boyfriend Samuel Wiggins Jr., who was last seen alive in April 2011. (pe.com)
- Even if convicted he won't receive the death penalty inasmuch as it wasn't a heinous enough murder. (newser.com)
- As a youth, X committed several murders to recreate the high of telepathically connecting with another person at the moment of their death. (comicbookdb.com)
- Instead, he was motivated to investigate after learning about the murder of Jitka Nahodilová, who was stabbed to death in her house by her boyfriend on January 1, 2011. (wired.com)
- For Olmos, Nahodilová's death hit home because she was murdered in a nearby house that was oddly similar to his. (wired.com)
- When he started digging, he found out that domestic violence, like Nahodilová's death, actually accounted for more total murders than those associated with gangs. (wired.com)
- Martin MacNeill: Was his wife Michele's death accidental or was it murder? (deseretnews.com)
- Now, three and a half years since Michele's death at her Pleasant Grove home, Utah County investigators believe Martin murdered his wife, then covered it all up, according to an affidavit filed in 4th District Court. (deseretnews.com)
- We should learn Thursday what will happen next in the Alexander Weiss murder case. (kroc.com)
- she even won his reluctant admiration and his promise of protection against the harm that connection with a murder case would do her career. (saturdayeveningpost.com)
- The excesses and reversals were always palatable as long as the cops got the right guy, and as time passed and murder became commonplace -- even in respectable neighborhoods -- it was easy to forget the carnage wrought by the Sheppard case. (clevescene.com)
- Worried that construction union leader John Morrissey might testify in this case for the prosecution, family leaders ordered Chiodo to lure Morrissey to New Jersey, where he was murdered. (wikipedia.org)
Arrested and charged2
- Double killer Alan Bennett who admitted murdering his partner and then the mother of his three children in Redcar, has been given two life sentences. (heart.co.uk)
- And then last April, Hopper read news reports about the arrest of Joseph James DeAngelo, the suspected Golden State Killer linked to at least 13 murders and 50 rapes. (washingtonpost.com)
- Some believe that these murders were by another killer. (sundayobserver.lk)
Night of the murder3
- Fascinated New Yorkers read that, on the night of the murder, residents heard Elma and Levi leaving the house at the same time. (listverse.com)
- Working desperately, Selby learned that Shirley Arden had been a guest of the Madison Hotel the night of the murder, that a man had called upon her, and that a perfumed envelope containing five $1,000 bills had been left in the hotel safe in Brower's name. (saturdayeveningpost.com)
- Next Selby discovered that young Herbert Perry, one of the Perry estate litigants, had knocked on the door of the minister's room the night of the murder. (saturdayeveningpost.com)
- In 1978, Edward Splatt was wrongfully convicted of the murder of an elderly woman. (tradebit.com)
- At the resumed inquest, yesterday, on the body of the woman who was murdered in Berner-street early on Sunday morning last, remarkable evidence as to the identity of the deceased was given. (casebook.org)