Infectious Disease Transmission, Vertical
Prenatal Exposure Delayed Effects
Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
Pregnancy in Diabetics
Exposure of the female parent, human or animal, to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents in the environment or to environmental factors that may include ionizing radiation, pathogenic organisms, or toxic chemicals that may affect offspring. It includes pre-conception maternal exposure.
The training or bringing-up of children by parents or parent-substitutes. It is used also for child rearing practices in different societies, at different economic levels, in different ethnic groups, etc. It differs from PARENTING in that in child rearing the emphasis is on the act of training or bringing up the child and the interaction between the parent and child, while parenting emphasizes the responsibility and qualities of exemplary behavior of the parent.
Infant Nutritional Physiological Phenomena
Infant, Newborn, Diseases
Diseases of newborn infants present at birth (congenital) or developing within the first month of birth. It does not include hereditary diseases not manifesting at birth or within the first 30 days of life nor does it include inborn errors of metabolism. Both HEREDITARY DISEASES and METABOLISM, INBORN ERRORS are available as general concepts.
Maternal-Child Health Centers
Maternal Nutritional Physiological Phenomena
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
A highly vascularized mammalian fetal-maternal organ and major site of transport of oxygen, nutrients, and fetal waste products. It includes a fetal portion (CHORIONIC VILLI) derived from TROPHOBLASTS and a maternal portion (DECIDUA) derived from the uterine ENDOMETRIUM. The placenta produces an array of steroid, protein and peptide hormones (PLACENTAL HORMONES).
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Child Behavior Disorders
Pregnancy Trimester, Third
Interviews as Topic
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Kangaroo-Mother Care Method
A method of continuously holding a partially wrapped baby to the chest, involving skin-to-skin contact. Originally it was a method of caring for LOW-BIRTH-WEIGHT INFANT in developing countries and is now more widespread in developed nations. Aside from encouraging breast feeding, the extra sleep that the infant gets assists in regulating body temperature, helps the baby conserve energy, and redirects calorie expenditures toward growth and weight gain.
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Diabetes mellitus induced by PREGNANCY but resolved at the end of pregnancy. It does not include previously diagnosed diabetics who become pregnant (PREGNANCY IN DIABETICS). Gestational diabetes usually develops in late pregnancy when insulin antagonistic hormones peaks leading to INSULIN RESISTANCE; GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; and HYPERGLYCEMIA.
Fetal Growth Retardation
Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
Infant, Small for Gestational Age
Infant Nutrition Disorders
Obstetric Labor Complications
Pregnancy Complications, Parasitic
Sudden Infant Death
The abrupt and unexplained death of an apparently healthy infant under one year of age, remaining unexplained after a thorough case investigation, including performance of a complete autopsy, examination of the death scene, and review of the clinical history. (Pediatr Pathol 1991 Sep-Oct;11(5):677-84)
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
A condition of fetal overgrowth leading to a large-for-gestational-age FETUS. It is defined as BIRTH WEIGHT greater than 4,000 grams or above the 90th percentile for population and sex-specific growth curves. It is commonly seen in GESTATIONAL DIABETES; PROLONGED PREGNANCY; and pregnancies complicated by pre-existing diabetes mellitus.
Early Intervention (Education)
Procedures and programs that facilitate the development or skill acquisition in infants and young children who have disabilities, who are at risk for developing disabilities, or who are gifted. It includes programs that are designed to prevent handicapping conditions in infants and young children and family-centered programs designed to affect the functioning of infants and children with special needs. (From Journal of Early Intervention, Editorial, 1989, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 3; A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, prepared for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, 1976)
Disorders in which there is a delay in development based on that expected for a given age level or stage of development. These impairments or disabilities originate before age 18, may be expected to continue indefinitely, and constitute a substantial impairment. Biological and nonbiological factors are involved in these disorders. (From American Psychiatric Glossary, 6th ed)
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Subnormal intellectual functioning which originates during the developmental period. This has multiple potential etiologies, including genetic defects and perinatal insults. Intelligence quotient (IQ) scores are commonly used to determine whether an individual has an intellectual disability. IQ scores between 70 and 79 are in the borderline range. Scores below 67 are in the disabled range. (from Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1992, Ch55, p28)
Predicting longitudinal growth curves of height and weight using ecological factors for children with and without early growth deficiency. (1/3911)Growth curve models were used to examine the effect of genetic and ecological factors on changes in height and weight of 225 children from low income, urban families who were assessed up to eight times in the first 6 y of life. Children with early growth deficiency [failure to thrive (FTT)] (n = 127) and a community sample of children without growth deficiency (n = 98) were examined to evaluate how genetic, child and family characteristics influenced growth. Children of taller and heavier parents, who were recruited at younger ages and did not have a history of growth deficiency, had accelerated growth from recruitment through age 6 y. In addition, increases in height were associated with better health, less difficult temperament, nurturant mothers and female gender; increases in weight were associated with better health. Children with a history of growth deficiency demonstrated slower rates of growth than children in the community group without a history of growth deficiency. In the community group, changes in children's height and weight were related to maternal perceptions of health and temperament and maternal nurturance during feeding, whereas in the FTT group, maternal perceptions and behavior were not in synchrony with children's growth. These findings suggest that, in addition to genetic factors, growth is dependent on a nurturant and sensitive caregiving system. Interventions to promote growth should consider child and family characteristics, including maternal perceptions of children's health and temperament and maternal mealtime behavior. (+info)
Caregiver behaviors and resources influence child height-for-age in rural Chad. (2/3911)The purpose of this study was to identify caregiver characteristics that influence child nutritional status in rural Chad, when controlling for socioeconomic factors. Variables were classified according to the categories of a UNICEF model of care: caregiving behaviors, household food security, food and economic resources and resources for care and health resources. Sixty-four households with 98 children from ages 12 to 71 mo were part of this study. Caregivers were interviewed to collect information on number of pregnancies, child feeding and health practices, influence on decisions regarding child health and feeding, overall satisfaction with life, social support, workload, income, use of income, and household food expenditures and consumption. Household heads were questioned about household food production and other economic resources. Caregiver and household variables were classified as two sets of variables, and separate regression models were run for each of the two sets. Significant predictors of height-for-age were then combined in the same regression model. Caregiver influence on child-feeding decisions, level of satisfaction with life, willingness to seek advice during child illnesses, and the number of individuals available to assist with domestic tasks were the caregiver factors associated with children's height-for-age. Socioeconomic factors associated with children's height-for-age were the amount of harvested cereals, the sources of household income and the household being monogamous. When the caregiver and household socioeconomic factors were combined in the same model, they explained 54% of the variance in children's height-for-age, and their regression coefficients did not change or only slightly increased, except for caregiver's propensity to seek advice during child illnesses, which was no longer significant. These results indicate that caregiver characteristics influence children's nutritional status, even while controlling for the socioeconomic status of the household. (+info)
Influence of maternal ethnicity on infant mortality in Chicago, 1989-1996. (3/3911)This study compared infant mortality rates between large ethnic groups in Chicago from 1989-1996. Infant mortality information about ethnic groups was compared using data from annual reports published by the Epidemiology Program, Department of Public Health, City of Chicago and vital statistics documents in Illinois, which include information on ethnicity. Chi-squared analysis was used to evaluate the differences between the proportions. A P value of < .05 was considered significant. During the study period, there were 461,974 births and 6407 infant deaths in Chicago. African Americans contributed 212,924 (46.1%) births and 4387 (68.5%) deaths; Hispanics 132,787 (28.7%) births and 1166 (18.2%) deaths; and whites 99,532 (21.6%) births and 780 (12.2%) infant deaths. Compared with the other groups. African Americans suffered a twofold increased mortality (P < .00001) for five of the six most common causes of infant mortality. Deaths from congenital malformations, although significant, were not excessively increased among African Americans (P = .014). Hispanics demonstrated a higher mortality rate than whites (P = .01), especially for postnatal mortality and respiratory distress syndrome. These data confirm excessive infant mortality among African Americans. Further studies are needed to evaluate the apparent low mortality among some Hispanics compared with the other groups studied. (+info)
Recurrence of Marfan syndrome as a result of parental germ-line mosaicism for an FBN1 mutation. (4/3911)Mutations in the FBN1 gene cause Marfan syndrome (MFS), a dominantly inherited connective tissue disease. Almost all the identified FBN1mutations have been family specific, and the rate of new mutations is high. We report here a de novo FBN1mutation that was identified in two sisters with MFS born to clinically unaffected parents. The paternity and maternity were unequivocally confirmed by genotyping. Although one of the parents had to be an obligatory carrier for the mutation, we could not detect the mutation in the leukocyte DNA of either parent. To identify which parent was a mosaic for the mutation we analyzed several tissues from both parents, with a quantitative and sensitive solid-phase minisequencing method. The mutation was not, however, detectable in any of the analyzed tissues. Although the mutation could not be identified in a sperm sample from the father or in samples of multiple tissue from the mother, we concluded that the mother was the likely mosaic parent and that the mutation must have occurred during the early development of her germ-line cells. Mosaicism confined to germ-line cells has rarely been reported, and this report of mosaicism for the FBN1 mutation in MFS represents an important case, in light of the evaluation of the recurrence risk in genetic counseling of families with MFS. (+info)
The "thermolabile" variant of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and neural tube defects: An evaluation of genetic risk and the relative importance of the genotypes of the embryo and the mother. (5/3911)Recent reports have implicated the "thermolabile" (T) variant of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) in the causation of folate-dependent neural tube defects (NTDs). We report herein the largest genetic study of NTD cases (n=271) and families (n=218) to date, establishing that, in Ireland, the "TT" genotype is found in 18.8% of cases versus 8.3% of controls (odds ratio 2.57; confidence interval [CI] 1.48-4.45; P=.0005). The maternal and paternal TT genotypes have intermediate frequencies of 13.8% and 11.9%, respectively, indicating that the predominant MTHFR-related genetic effect acts via the TT genotype of the developing embryo. Analysis of the 218 family triads of mother, father, and affected child with log-linear models supports this interpretation, providing significant evidence that the case TT genotype is associated with NTDs (P=.02) but no evidence of a maternal TT genotypic effect (P=. 83). The log-linear model predicted that the risk of NTDs conferred by the case TT genotype is 1.61 (CI 1.06-2.46), consistent with the paramount importance of the case TT genotype in determining risk. There is no compelling evidence for more than a modest additional risk conferred by a maternal TT genotype. These results favor a biological model of MTHFR-related NTD pathogenesis in which suboptimal maternal folate status imposes biochemical stress on the developing embryo, a stress it is ill-equipped to tolerate if it has a TT genotype. (+info)
Acute childhood diarrhoea and maternal time allocation in the northern central Sierra of Peru. (6/3911)Interventions to improve child health depend, at least implicitly, on changing maternal knowledge and behaviour and a reallocation of maternal time. There have been few studies, however, of the time cost involved in the adoption of new health technologies and even fewer that examine changes in maternal activities in response to child illness. The present study examines maternal daytime activities and investigates changes that occur when children are ill. We examine the impact of acute childhood diarrhoea episodes on the activity patterns of the mother/caretaker in this setting. The results show that mothers alter their usual activity patterns only slightly in response to acute diarrhoea episodes in their children. They continue to perform the same variety of activities as when the children are healthy, although they are more likely to perform them with the child 'carried' on their back. There is some indication that diarrhoea perceived to be more severe did result in the mother acting as caretaker more frequently. These findings have important implications for health interventions that depend on changing the amount of maternal or caretaker time spent for child health technologies, but the implications may vary depending on the reasons for the observed lack of changes in caretaker activities. (+info)
Factors affecting acceptance of immunization among children in rural Bangladesh. (7/3911)This paper uses the Bangladesh Fertility Survey 1989 data to identify the factors affecting acceptance of immunization among children in rural Bangladesh. Acceptance of DPT, measles and BCG vaccinations were the dependent variables. The independent variables included proximity to health facilities, frequency of visit by health worker, respondent's mobility, media exposure, education, age, economic status of household, region of residence, and gender of child. Logistic regression analysis was performed to assess the net effects of the variables in addition to univariate analysis. Among the independent variables, proximity to health facility, frequency of health worker's visit, mother's mobility, education, age, gender of child, ownership of radio, economic condition of household, and region of residence showed statistically significant association with acceptance of immunization. The effect of frequency of health worker's visit was dependent on region of residence, possession of radio, and mother's education. The effect of mother's ability to visit health centre alone was also dependent on ownership of radio, economic condition of household, and mother's education. (+info)
Immunization determinants in the eastern region of Ghana. (8/3911)A study of the immunization determinants of children aged 12 to 18 months was conducted in 1991 in the Eastern Region of Ghana, using structured interviews of mothers and fathers. The completion of immunization schedules by one year, among the 294 children, was positively associated (P < 0.005) with the town of residence of the child and mother, the ability of the mother to speak English, the target child having been treated for illness at the local hospital, the child's mother having given birth to less than 5 children, the possession of a sewing machine by the mother, and the birth of the child in the current town of residence. Significantly higher immunization coverage levels were achieved where the Under Fives' Clinic was an affordable and acceptable service, integrating preventive and curative care, and where measures were implemented by the community to increase attendance levels at the Clinic. This was achieved among a target group who were otherwise at a relatively high risk of failing to complete immunization schedules on-time. (+info)
Close Up Caring African American Mother Holding Child Hands,.. Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 123628441.
Picture of Close up caring African American mother holding child hands, showing love and support, black mum comforting, caressing kid, children protection concept, family enjoying moment together stock photo, images and stock photography. Image 123628441.
Healthcare professionals and mothers perceptions of factors that influence decisions to breastfeed or formula feed infants: a...
Healthcare professionals and mothers perceptions of factors that influence decisions to breastfeed or formula feed infants: a comparative study / Amy, Brown; Peter, Raynor ...
Helping Depressed Low-Income Mothers Give Their Young Children a Good Start | Urban Institute
Almost 9 percent of low-income mothers with young children experienced a major depressive episode in the past year. Even though depression is one of the most treatable mental illnesses, more than one-third of these women received no treatment. Untreated parental depression poses risks for childrens cognitive, social, emotional, and behavioral development. It also raises the
How can Latina mothers overcome health factors that put their babies at risk?
Salomon said many of the low-income mothers are dealing with anxiety and depression.. Some of that stress comes from becoming aware of the financial burden that comes from having a baby, trying to stay in school, being in an unstable relationship and having limited resources, Salomon said.. Children that are born to families that are struggling have a tendency to be born sicker, said Pamela Pimentel, a registered nurse and CEO of MOMS Orange County, a non-profit pregnancy care center in Santa Ana where about 70-80 percent of the 3,200 mothers that receive pre- and post-natal care are Latina.. Pimentel said the biggest determinant of the health of an infant is poverty.. At MOMS, the average age of mothers is 28 and the majority have an actively involved partner who is providing support both emotionally and financially, according to the centers data.. The mothers are typically referred to the program by Orange Countys largest health insurer, CalOptima, because their members are low-income. The ...
Childhood overweight and obesity: maternal perceptions of the time for engaging in child weight management | BMC Public...
There is an increasing awareness of the impact of parental risk perception on the weight course of the child and the parents readiness to engage in preventive efforts, but only less is known about factors related to the parental perception of the right time for the implementation of preventive activities. The aim of this study was to examine parental perceptions of the appropriate time to engage in child weight management strategies, and the factors associated with different weight points at which mothers recognize the need for preventive actions. 352 mothers with children aged 2-10 years took part in the study. We assessed mothers perceptions of the actual and preferred weight status of their child, their ability to identify overweight and knowledge of its associated health risks, as well as perceptions of the right time for action to prevent overweight in their child. A regression analysis was conducted to examine whether demographic and weight related factors as well as the maternal general risk
The Interrelation of the Mothers Health Status with the State of Health of First- and Second-Year-Old Children | IntechOpen
We evaluated the state of health of the mother and child at birth, and the probability of the diagnosis of cancelation in the child at the end of the second year of life. The sample consisted of 100 mother-child dyads. The complex assessment of the childrens health status was based on the individual medical records. Mothers filled the questionnaire evaluating the mothers relation to her child during the first 2 years of life, and the questionnaire aimed at assessing the emotional intelligence level. Almost all the children at birth have one or the other diagnosis. There is a positive connection between the number of the diagnoses in the first- and second-year-old children during their stay in the maternity ward and perinatal pathology factors of the mother. But by the end of the second year of life in 60% of the children, these diagnoses were canceled. The healthier the mother, the more positive the prognosis with regard to the childs health within the first 2 years of living is. Positive prognosis
Maternal Knowledge Associated with the Prevalence of Iron and Folic Ac | PPA
Maternal Knowledge Associated with the Prevalence of Iron and Folic Acid Supplementation Among Pregnant Women in Muntinlupa, Philippines: A Cross-Sectional Study
Feeding practices of low-income mothers: how do they compare to current recommendations? | International Journal of Behavioral...
Despite a growing consensus on the feeding practices associated with healthy eating patterns, few observational studies of maternal feeding practices with young children have been conducted, especially in low-income populations. The aim of this study was to provide such data on a low income sample to determine the degree to which observed maternal feeding practices compare with current recommendations. Eighty low-income mothers and their preschool children were videotaped at dinner in their homes. Mothers were chosen from a larger study to create a 2 X 2 X 2 design: maternal ethnicity (African American vs. Latina) by child gender by child weight status (healthy weight vs. overweight/obese). Observers coded videotapes for a range of maternal feeding strategies and other behaviors. Many mothers spent considerable time encouraging eating-often in spite of the childs insistence that he or she was finished. Mothers talked little about food characteristics, rarely referred to feelings of hunger and fullness,
osteoporosis Archives - Clarksville, TN Online
An April report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta found that African American mothers, who are less likely than white or Latina women to breastfeed, have reversed that trend and are now doing so in impressive numbers. Sixty-five percent of black women have nursed their infants at some point. This compares to a 36 percent rate 14 years ago. Still, only 20 percent of black mothers reach the governments target goal of exclusively breastfeeding when their infants are six months old. Breastfeeding can help address health problems that plague both African American mothers and infants alike. Breastfeeding is the most natural and beneficial way to strengthen your babys immune system and provide the best possible nutrition for yourself, as a mother, and your baby. «Read the rest of this article». ...
Grandma, Youre So Special: African American Mothers Day Card | The Black Art Depot
A high gloss ethnic greeting card adorned with a floral design and a heart with the words Grandma, Youre So Special! on the cover. View it online today!
When Mothers Day Hurts--Tips from Beliefnet readers on coping with loss - Beliefnet - Page 3
Each Mothers Day marks another year that I ache for her. As usual, I think How will I make it through this Mothers Day? Every year the memory of my mother and the legacy she left will get me through it. On her passing, my mother left me a silver locket given to her by her mother. It says, A mothers love is the heart of a happy home. Every Mothers Day, as I thank God for my two beautiful children, I wear that locket in my mothers honor, and I pray I am the kind of selfless mother that she was. There is comfort in knowing my mother still lives at home in my heart. She lives in me and in my two beautiful children. My son, daughter, and I, are a heroines legacy ...
OBESITY AND RELATED HEALTH ISSUES ON THE RISE AMONGST EXPECTANT MOTHERS « Media centre
More expectant mothers and their unborn children are at risk of long-term health issues because of obesity, according to new data released today by Medibank.. The Medibank Better Health Index data revealed that 59.6 per cent of expecting mothers are overweight or obese - 10 per cent more than in 2008 (49 per cent).. We are seeing rising levels of obesity at a national level, and its even more alarming that this trend is consistent among expectant mothers, Medibank Medical Director, Dr Kevin Cheng said.. Obesity can cause complications for both mother and infant during pregnancy, labour and after the birth, and can put both mother and child at higher risk of developing health issues such as type 2 diabetes later in life.. Medibank member data also shows the number of births where gestational diabetes was recorded has doubled between 2008 and 2015.. While this data could be influenced by changes in reporting patterns, increasing maternal age and obesity trends over time are certainly ...
The Bumps and BaBies Longitudinal Study (BaBBLeS): a multi-site cohort study of first-time mothers to evaluate the...
TY - JOUR. T1 - The Bumps and BaBies Longitudinal Study (BaBBLeS): a multi-site cohort study of first-time mothers to evaluate the effectiveness of the Baby Buddy app. AU - Deave, Toity. AU - Ginja, Samuel. AU - Goodenough, Trudy. AU - Bailey, Elizabeth. AU - Piwek, Lukasz. AU - Coad, Jane. AU - Day, Crispin. AU - Nightingale, Samantha. AU - Kendall, Sally. AU - Lingam, Raghu. PY - 2019/9/25. Y1 - 2019/9/25. N2 - Background: Health mobile applications (apps) have become very popular, including apps specificallydesigned to support women during the ante- and post-natal periods. However, there is currently limitedevidence for the effectiveness of such apps at improving pregnancy and parenting outcomes. This study aimsto assess the effectiveness of a pregnancy and parenting app, Baby Buddy, in improving maternal self-efficacyat 3 months post-birth.Methods: Participants were 16 years old or over, first-time mothers, 12-16 weeks gestation, recruited bymidwives from five English study sites. The Tool ...
A mothers choice: a qualitative study of mothers health seeking behaviour for their children with acute diarrhoea | BMC...
The study explores the choices made by mothers in rural Eastern Cape about healthcare services for their children when they develop diarrheal diseases, identifying patterns in mothers health-seeking behaviour for their children and the reasons behind their choices. The study reveals that: beliefs about the causative agents of diarrhoea and traditional medicine and the observed effects of traditional medicine are central to the decision-making process of the mothers of children suffering from diarrhoea; mixed healthcare (both traditional and modern healthcare) is common in the area; medical technologies are seen as a draw card to encourage people to attend modern facilities however, there is often an absence of medical knowledge about the rationale for the use of modern medicine; some harmful substances, such as, but not limited to, detergents (for their cleansing properties), are used as ingredients in some traditional practitioner treatments; social pressure does not play a prominent role in ...
Characteristics of stepfamilies and maternal mental health compared with non-stepfamilies in Japan | Environmental Health and...
Stepfamilies remain poorly understood in Japanese society, and the support needs of stepfamily mothers are unclear. This study aimed to identify characteristics of stepfamilies and maternal mental health as compared with non-stepfamilies in Japan to utilize as a primary resource for providing effective support through community-based health care for stepfamilies. From December 2011 to July 2012, we conducted this questionnaire survey with mothers at 3- and 4-month checkups for infants. The response rate was 75.1%. The sample for analysis included responses of 2246 mothers, excluding single mothers. Respondents comprised 47 (2.1%) stepfamilies and 2199 (97.9%) non-stepfamilies. There were significantly higher rates of parents with not more than a high school education and ≥3 children among stepfamilies compared with non-stepfamilies. Stepfamily mothers had significantly higher rates of feeling a lack of economic resources, absence of participation in childbirth education classes, smoking during
On our own, we cant manage: experiences with infant feeding recommendations among Malawian mothers living with HIV |...
All mothers in this study initially chose to breastfeed rather than replacement feed their infants. Several expressed the sentiment that breast milk is best for the baby. For two mothers who were unable to breastfeed because of breast health problems and a perception of insufficient milk, replacement feeding was understood as a less than ideal way to feed their infants in the early months of life.. Many mothers in interviews and focus groups emphasized the importance of exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months. One participant described the naturalness of exclusive breastfeeding: That is how it is supposed to be. Formula milk is not very good for the baby until six months, when you can even give the baby porridge and other things (Prisca, Interview 3). Most mothers responded that they chose to exclusively breastfeed, because thats the advice they give to HIV positive women. Despite this overwhelming support for exclusive breastfeeding, most mothers when probed reported ...
A Parenting and Self-Care Intervention for HIV Infected Mothers - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Worldwide, close to half the adults living with HIV are women and a large proportion of these women are of child-bearing age. Whereas anyone living with HIV faces the physical challenges of living with a chronic disease, as well as the material and social impact of the stigma associated with the disease, mothers living with HIV must also meet the demands of childrearing while mitigating the negative impact of the disease upon their family. Mothers with HIV report that this is their greatest source of stress. Moreover, children of these mothers, growing up with a parent with a chronic, stigmatized, and often fatal disease, are considered a high-risk group. The IMAGE intervention was designed to improve parenting and self-care skills in mothers with HIV in order to improve the mothers physical and mental health as well as the childs mental health and behavioral adjustment ...
The Importance Of Knowledge For Diarrhoea Drug Babies For a Mother - Health Sukwan
The Importance Of Knowledge For Diarrhoea Drug Babies For a Mother - Providing basic knowledge to a mother about diarrhea drugs for babies is an important thing to do. How can not this diarrhea or diarrhea disease for adults is not too dangerous and life-threatening, but if this happens to a baby can turn into a dangerous threat. Diarrhea experienced in infants is very likely to make them experience fluid shortage (dehydration). This condition of dehydration is feared would threaten the life of a baby if the handling is given too late. In addition to treatment, a mother also needs to know the cause of diarrhea in infants that many kinds. For that in this article in addition to discussing about what drugs to diarrhea for the baby is easy to do at home, we will also provide a little knowledge of the causes of diarrhea in infants.
Healthcare professionals and mothers knowledge of, attitudes to and experiences with, Baby-Led Weaning: a content analysis...
Although anecdotal reports suggest that the use of BLW is increasing, fewer than half of the healthcare professionals in the current study had heard about this approach. Those who were aware of BLW had limited knowledge of the details and were not aware of all the practices promoted as part of BLW.4 ,5 Healthcare professionals suggested potential benefits of BLW (greater opportunity for shared family meal times, fewer mealtime battles, healthier eating behaviours, greater convenience and possible developmental advantages) but most felt reluctant to recommend it because of their concern about the potential increased risk of choking. Most healthcare professionals had not seen BLW in action and therefore had difficulty understanding how a 6-month-old infant could possess the mastication and coordination skills needed to safely manage whole pieces of food.. Overall, mothers reported that using BLW had been a positive experience, that they recommended it to other mothers, and would follow it again if ...
What the Other Mothers Know: A Practical Guide to Child Rearing Told in a Really Nice, Funny Way That Wont Make You Feel Like...
The Paperback of the What the Other Mothers Know: A Practical Guide to Child Rearing Told in a Really Nice, Funny Way That Wont Make You Feel Like a
The Relationship between Life Stress and Breastfeeding Outcomes among Low-Income Mothers.
Stressful life events during pregnancy negatively affect maternal and infant outcomes including breastfeeding initiation. Their impact on breastfeeding duration is uncertain. Given breastfeedings important health benefits we analyzed stressful life
Anxiety and Paralysis: A Mothers Perspective On Daughters Injury | AbleThrive
My battle with anxiety began when our car flipped three times across an Ohio field. At the hospital, a doctor told us our youngest daughter Beth was paralyzed. We had no clue what that involved. Not walking felt like the worst possible tragedy all by itself. Then, other problems steadily marched onto the scene. Shattered neck bones, surgeries, infections, impaired organs, and
From a Mothers Perspective..: Today was the day!
I have been with my husband for over 7 years, and together we have 2 daughters. Alexis is 5, and Kyleigh is 2. A few months after the birth of our second daughter., we learned that Alexis had been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I am here to share our journey ...
From a Mothers Perspective..: Follow up with the Surgeon yesterday and..
Alexis had her follow up with the surgeon yesterday.. We discussed the next step and I explained to him that I would love to have both procedures done prior to March. He took a look at Alexis and seen how well she was doing and said that could 100% be done. He said if all went well, he would be comfortable completing her j-pouch by the end of the year! I wish we could finish the process with just one more procedure, but I know the 3 step will ensure that everything is healed and working correctly before we take the big step into connecting everything. I have no plans on rushing her, and will encourage her to let me know when SHE is ready. The surgeon said we could be back in as early as mid September. Not sure if I am 100% comfortable with going in that soon since Alexis will be starting Kindergarten at the end of this month ...
Childbirth: A Guide for First-Time Mothers | Health Plus
Dr Crystal Chin, obstetrician and gynaecologist at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, shares all you need to know about childbirth types.
Expectant Mothers, New Mothers, and Limited Mobility Workouts - by Jillian Wilkins
Jillians workouts are geared toward expectant mothers of all abilities. A new mother in September 2014, Jillian believes that maintaining ones fitness level during pregnancy is important, and designs her workouts with health and enjoyment for both expectant moms and babies in mind.
Expectant Mothers, New Mothers, and Limited Mobility Workouts - by Jillian Wilkins
Jillians workouts are geared toward expectant mothers of all abilities. A new mother in September 2014, Jillian believes that maintaining ones fitness level during pregnancy is important, and designs her workouts with health and enjoyment for both expectant moms and babies in mind.
How To Heal Your Mother Wound w/ Bethany Webster - Ashley Stahl
Do you wish your relationship with your mother was stronger, or are you looking to establish boundaries with your mother?. Join Ash this week for a unique conversation with Bethany Webster, a writer, speaker, and coach, all about healing your mother wound. Whether you are very close with your mother or are looking to resolve tension in your relationship, Bethany has powerful insight into how to be authentic together and heal any unspoken wounds with your mother.. The unique relationship we have with our moms can be hard to navigate. Bethany and Ash walk through the ways to identify what you want to resolve in your relationship and how your mother wound has impacted other aspects of your life.. Communication with your mother, especially when things are tumultuous, can feel sticky, Bethany offers powerful examples for how to address any problems or discuss emotional topics in a safe way.. Dont forget to stick around for the post episode notes with Ash, you dont want to miss this!. In This ...
MOTHER CARE - MOTHER CARE at MADANAPALAS.COM
MOTHER CARE from India direct. Post-natal care is an essential part of Ayurveda. After giving birth Vata dosha is increased much in the mother and extra attention to diet, nutrition, oil massage and special rejuvenative and restorative medicines is given. If such is followed, the recover of the mothers body is speedy and her mind is ready to love and open her heart to the newborn. In modern times this is often neglected leaving the mother deeply exhausted and planting the seeds for possible post-natal diseases. In this section we lovingly offer the most famous and effective medicines, oils and more for the new mother.
Nissim Kohens mother Sarina Kohen with friends | centropa.org
This is a photo of my mother Sarina Haravon with friends probably in Kyustendil. It was taken in the 1910s. My mother is sitting first on the left. The woman sitting next to her is a friend of hers, whose family had a workshop for ironing and straightening of curtains on Stamboliiski Blvd in Sofia. They are dressed in Jewish costumes bindali.. My mothers kin comes from Kyustendil. My mothers parents Yuda and Bohora Haravon lived there. I went there every summer when I was a student in the first grades of the Jewish school. My grandfather was a tinsman and my grandmother - a housewife. My mothers kin is very large. She had six brothers - Yosif, Rahamim, Shimon, Nissim, Chelebi and Mois Kohen. What is interesting about them is that my grandmothers parents left as early as the beginning of the 20th century, around 1906-1907 to the blessed land (Palestine at that time) to die there. They left their lands, their children and set off. My mother Sarina Kohen was 8-9 years old then. As far as I ...
A Pregnant Mothers Effects on Her Child with Donor Egg | Santa Monica Fertility
While mothers who have gotten pregnant with the help of a donor egg do not contribute genetically to the embryo, the mothers body and womb DO affect the embryo, which ends up having an effect on how those genes are expressed, ultimately having an effect on the child, especially in terms of weight and certain diseases. This is the idea behind epigenetics and some of the newest research that has been done on nature vs. nurture, showing that ones environment does indeed affect the characteristics of that organism. Not only does the pregnant mothers womb have an effect, but her mental state, stress levels, diet, environment, activity and exposure to toxins do as well. How does this work? Basically, epigenetic mechanisms create and add another level of information and instruction to the genetic information the DNA already has. In other words, the mother carrying the baby gives the instructions to how that DNA will manifest. Maybe a good way to look at it is that the mothers womb and lifestyle ...
First-time mothers suffer undiagnosed and untreated health issues - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
First-time mothers are suffering through a litany of undiagnosed, under-reported and untreated health issues in every aspect of their lives, a major research project has revealed.
Does melatonin cancel birth control? - Mothers Health - Mamas Uncut
This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.
Reliability and Stability of Mothers Reports about their Pregnancies with Twins | Twin Research and Human Genetics | Cambridge...
Reliability and Stability of Mothers Reports about their Pregnancies with Twins - Volume 6 Issue 2 - Wendy Reich, Richard D. Todd, Cynthia A. Joyner, Rosalind J. Neuman, Andrew C. Heath
Knock on the blackboard! Breastfeeding mothers, these things do not eat temporarily - www.88xoxo.com,www.dytt8.net, www.ggg258...
lactation mother although a person is eating, but the baby is absorbed by the mothers milk nutrition, so that if there is not conducive to good health through the milk can also be passed to the baby. Therefore, breast-feeding mothers need to eat more than normal women taboo. So, what food can not eat? 1. inhibits the secretion of milk adequate milk is to ensure that the baby can eat a good long body premise. Lack of milk can cause the baby to cry more than hunger, and even lead to weight gain. Therefore, lactating mothers should stay away from these drugs, such as vitamin B6, progynova, bromocriptine etc.. 2. easy to cause allergic food fish, shrimp and other foods contain high quality protein, can increase the nutrition of the mother, but these foods are easy to cause allergies, especially those who have allergic factors. Therefore, breast-feeding mothers eat such food, you need to be cautious. You can eat a small amount of at the beginning, after eating, observe the baby milk, urine, and ...
Factors Militating Against Exclusive Breastfeeding among Lactating Mothers in the Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolis, Ghana - EA...
Breastfeeding is a universal cultural practice among human species of all races. Breast milk promotes sensory and cognitive development and protects the infant against infections and chronic diseases. The purpose of this study was to evaluate factors militating against exclusive breastfeeding among lactating mothers in Sekondi-Takoradi. The specific objectives of the research were to find out the understanding of lactating mothers on the meaning of exclusive breastfeeding, assess the practice of exclusive breastfeeding by lactating mothers and to also determine the factors that militate against the practice of exclusive breastfeeding by lactating mothers in Sekondi-Takoradi. Descriptive survey method was employed to describe and document aspects of exclusive breastfeeding practices. The target population for this study was lactating mothers from three hospitals in Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolis with a sample size of one hundred and fifty. Questionnaire was used to collect data from respondents. ...
Happy Mothers Day to my mothers mothers mothers ...
On mothers day it seems most appropriate to celebrate my mothers maternal line; that is all the female ancestors who passed down their H11a mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)* to me and my cousins. As far as I know it, there was only one woman born in each generation until my grandmother, who had three girls. Each of her daughters had exactly one girl, but only one of us three had any more girls. Fortunately for the continuation of our mtDNA line, my cousins two daughters each have a little girl of their own now.. The furthest back maternal line ancestress that I have found is my great-great-great-grandmother Veronika Ebner (nee Engl) of Winklarn, Bavaria, born sometime around 1800. She had my great-great-grandmother Karolina Wittmann (nee Ebner) born 1831 in Eslarn, Bavaria.. Next we get to the women that I know something about and have pictures of.. ...
Local pastor uses restaurant honor mothers, reach out to community - News - The Ledger - Lakeland, FL
WINTER HAVEN - Throughout history, mothers have been known to have big impacts on the lives of their children and on the children they have fostered along the way. From US presidents to NFL football players, it always seems to be the mom who was the person who believed in them.Clayton Cowart of Winter Haven has been so encouraged by his mother and other mothers in his life that he has now dedicated his new business to them.This is to commemorate all the church mothers, he said.In May, Cowart
8 Things Strong Mothers Teach Their Daughters - David Avocado Wolfe
Mother-daughter relationships often go through ups and downs, but the love a mother has for her daughter is unconditional. By setting a good example, a mother can teach her daughter valuable lessons to help her navigate womanhood and life in general. The bond between a mother and daughter is unlike any other. Here are eight things that strong mothers teach their daughters:. ...
Improving the Nurse-Family Partnership in Community Practice | SUPPLEMENT ARTICLES | Pediatrics
The Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP), a home visiting program for families beginning in pregnancy and continuing through child age 2 years, focuses on low-income mothers bearing their first children. The nurses aim to improve the outcomes of pregnancy, child health and development, and maternal life-course by helping mothers improve their prenatal health, by supporting parents early care of their children, and by supporting mothers with subsequent pregnancy planning, education, and work in ways that are consistent with parents values and aspirations. Nurses address social and material conditions in the home that support or undermine mothers and childrens health and coordinate their work with office-based staff.1. The NFP is based on 3 decades of randomized controlled trials, with consistent and enduring effects on maternal and child health.2-7 Families in the control groups of these trials were provided free transportation for prenatal and well-child care and referral of children with ...
The mother of her who tortured a kitten call not to threaten her daughter: They said they would leave their death in my house...
The mother of a thirteen-year-old girl who tortured her one-month-old daughter to death to stop her daughters death.. She gave an interview TVN where he described in detail what the hours after the complaint were, which were outraged by the various animal health claims that filed a complaint for the childs actions.. Ive learned the same thing as you do on the social networks, I do not prove it, I did what my mother had to do to approach the PDI to Carabiners, do the whole procedure as I was asked, and I did not cover anything as people appear at that moment, when where the mother is, Im here, he said.. In addition, the mother said that her daughter was medicated and away from mobile phones because of the threats she had left home in Colina.. They said they would leave his death in front of the house door. I ask you to feel a mother (…), to see that every act has consequencesHe told.. Meanwhile, she said her daughter is causing serious psychiatric problems due to depression, which ...
Weaning knowledge, Attitudes and Practices (KAP) among Rural Mothers: A Case of Makuyu Division, Maragua District
This was a survey research whose purpose was to investigate the weaning knowledge, attitudes and practices among mothers with infants in Makuyu Division, Maragua District. The major objectives of this study were to (1) determine the level of weaning knowledge among mothers with infants aged birth to 12 months. (2) Investigate the attitudes of mothers towards the weaning process (3) Investigate the weaning practices that mothers carry out. (4) Investigate the cultural beliefs and traditions influencing the weaning process. The data for this study was collected using an interview schedule, which was administered by the researcher to a sample of 160 mothers with infants from Makuyu Division. A sample size of 160 was adequate because this represented almost 10% of the sample frame. In addition, the method of data collection is time consuming and is used in obtaining in-depth information. The data were analyzed using the Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) and descriptive statistics ...
The Online Books Page: Nutrition
Download What You Dont Expect When You Become a Young Mother: The Ultimate Guide For Young Mothers on How to Overcome Criticism, Gain Confidence, Build Faith, Find Your Purpose, and Conquer Motherhood ebooks pdf are ready when you click and follow the link below. We offer you What You Dont Expect When You Become a Young Mother: The Ultimate Guide For Young Mothers on How to Overcome Criticism, Gain Confidence, Build Faith, Find Your Purpose, and Conquer Motherhood premium access, just enter your keyword and download the pdf. Download ...
Swedish mothers and fathers of children with cancer : perceptions of well-being, social life, and quality care.
The overall aim was to describe and compare well-being, social life, and quality care among parents of children with cancer with respect to mothers versus fathers and whether the children were on versus. off treatment. The Life Situation Scale for Parents (LSS-P) was answered by 320 parents, comprising 85 mothers and 71 fathers of children on treatment, and 93 mothers and 71 fathers of children off treatment. The results show that the well-being of parents of children with cancer is affected by their childs situation, and that they experience such things as economic strain and a sense of being dependent on the care provided, especially during the childs treatment phase. Mothers whose children are receiving treatment see their life situation as less satisfying, and report being sadder and having lower self-esteem.. ...
HIV Symptom Management Program for African American Mothers - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Infection with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) poses a growing threat to the health of women in childbearing years and occurs disproportionately among lower socioeconomic populations and minority women. Early identification of HIV infection and advances in antiretroviral therapies have begun to prolong the lives of infected individuals. However, women with HIV appear to have more rapid disease progression and shorter survival after diagnosis than men. Evidence is emerging that women are less likely to use health services, are more likely to present at clinical facilities with advanced disease, and are less likely to receive antiretroviral therapy.. To date, little attention has focused on the prevention and management of symptoms experienced by women with HIV before they develop AIDS. The primary aim of this randomized clinical study was determine the efficacy of an HIV self-care and symptom management intervention designed to help low-income African American mothers with HIV. The study ...
Nutrition knowledge is associated with greater weight loss in obese and overweight low-income mothers | ...
Klohe-Lehman DM, et al. Nutrition knowledge is associated with greater weight loss in obese and overweight low-income mothers. J Am Diet Assoc. Jan 2006;106(1):65-75.. The purpose of this study was to determine whether greater nutrition knowledge or gains in knowledge promoted more successful weight loss in low-income overweight and obese mothers with young children. The findings revealed that participants with overall greater knowledge lost the most weight.. ...
Pattern of maternal knowledge and its implications for diarrhoea control in Southern Malawi : multilevel thresholds of change...
A survey was conducted in Southern Malawi to examine the pattern of mothers knowledge on diarrhoea. Diarrhoea morbidity in the district is estimated at 24.4%, statistically higher than the national average at 17%. Using hierarchically built data from a survey, a multilevel threshold of change analysis was used to determine predictors of knowledge about diarrhoeal aetiology, clinical features, and prevention. The results show a strong hierarchical structured pattern in overall maternal knowledge revealing differences between communities. Responsible mothers with primary or secondary school education were more likely to give more correct answers on diarrhoea knowledge than those without any formal education. Responsible mothers from communities without a health surveillance assistant were less likely to give more correct answers. The results show that differences in diarrhoeal knowledge do exist between communities and demonstrate that basic formal education is important in responsible mothers ...
Mother-Child Relationship - 1827 Words | Bartleby
Free Essay: The Impact a Mother-Child Relationship Has On Identity As our individual lives progress we learn that the choices we make contribute to who we...
Breastfeeding and Health Outcomes among Citizen Infants of Immigrant Mothers<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Breastfeeding and Health Outcomes among Citizen Infants of Immigrant Mothers. AU - Neault, Nicole B.. AU - Frank, Deborah A.. AU - Merewood, Anne. AU - Philipp, Barbara. AU - Levenson, Suzette. AU - Cook, John T.. AU - Meyers, Alan F.. AU - Casey, Patrick H.. AU - Cutts, Diana B.. AU - Black, Maureen M.. AU - Heeren, Timothy. AU - Berkowitz, Carol. PY - 2007/12/1. Y1 - 2007/12/1. N2 - Objective: To examine the associations between breastfeeding and child health outcomes among citizen infants of mothers immigrant to the United States. Design/methods: From September 1998 through June 2004, as part of the Childrens Sentinel Nutrition Assessment Program, a sentinel sample of 3,592 immigrant mothers with infants aged 0 to 12 months were interviewed in emergency departments or pediatric clinics in six sites. Mothers reported breastfeeding history, child health history, household demographics, government assistance program participation, and household food security. Infants weight and ...
positive effects of working mothers
Abstract When parents divorce, children are not always understand it. In addition, the children said they were proud of their working mothers, who provided positive role models, taught them problem-solving and continued to be mentors long into adulthood. Nearly three-quarters of mothers work outside the home. Parents argue that the media repetitively advertises junk food and things that may damage a childs health; and they are forced to counter the culture, which means to stop the messages that the media is trying to deliver to their children. Furthermore, the television advertisements can bring positive effects on the kids knowledge about everyday lives, and different aspects of such influence children positively. This omission can lead to problems with the childs perception of daily life. As times change, families do as well. Working mothers have negative effects on their young children. There are often cases when the child needs the protection of the parents and both of them are ...
Child health services in transition : II. Mothers´ perceptions of 18-month-old children in the light of socio-economic status...
AIMS:. To analyse mothers self-assessed quality of interaction with their children and their opinions about child difficulty with respect to socio-economic status and subjective factors: postnatal depression, social isolation, sense of coherence and locus of control.. METHODS AND MATERIAL:. A comprehensive questionnaire was completed by 1039 mothers of 18-mo-old children participating in the baseline measurements of a Swedish multicentre study developing and testing a new psychosocial model for the child health services.. RESULTS:. All subjective factors, including the number of factors, showed significant associations with perceived interaction and difficultness. Effect sizes of subjective factors ranged from about 0.3 to 1 SD for interaction, and from about 0.2 to 0.8 SD for difficultness. As for difficultness, effect sizes were larger for boys. There were no associations between high socio-economic status and high-quality interaction or low child difficultness: the few significant ...
Becoming Therapeutic Agents: A Grounded Theory of Mothers Process when Implementing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at home with...
The premise of parent-centered programs for parents of anxious children is to educate and train caregivers in the sustainable implementation of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) in the home. The existing operationalization of parent involvement however, does not address the systemic, parent, or child factors that could influence this process. The qualitative approach of grounded theory was employed to examine patterns of action and interaction involved in the complex process of carrying out CBT with ones child in ones home. A grounded theory goes beyond the description of a process, offering an explanatory theory that brings taken-for-granted meanings and processes to the surface. The theory that emerged from the analysis suggests that CBT implementation by mothers of anxious children is characterized by the evolution of mothers perception of their child from being held back to being mostly independent with ongoing needs and mothers perception of their role from being a ...
Mother - What Makes a Good One? - Divorce CoachDivorce Coach
Whether you are a young mother, an older mother, an adoptive mother, a stay at home mother, a working mother, a single mother, a married mother or any kind of mother… this is for you.. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.. ~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher. ...
Maternal Perceptions Of Successful Breastfeeding - AZDoc
outcomes and maternal perceptions of an updated model of perinatal care. Pediatrics. 1998;102(6):1437-1444. 35. Britton C, McCormick FM, Renfrew MJ, Wade A, King SE. Support for breastfeeding mothers. Cochrane Database of Syst Rev. 2007(1):CD001141. 36. prospective population based cohort study. Chung M, Raman G, Trikalinos T, Lau J, Ip ...
Predictors of Maternal Perceptions of their Offspringand#8217;s Weight Status During Adolescence: Evidence from the Mater...
Predictors of Maternal Perceptions of their Offsprings Weight Status During Adolescence: Evidence from the Mater-University of Queensland Study of Pregnancy Cohort Abstract.
Child obesity linked to working mothers
The findings were strongest among sixth graders, the oldest children for whom data was studied. Sixth graders are typically 11 years old.. Changes in the childrens physical activity, time spent unsupervised or watching television did not explain the link between maternal employment and childrens BMI, the study says.. Moreover, a mother working odd hours or overnight was not significantly associated with their childrens BMI.. The researchers were unable to clearly explain the findings but theorized that because working mothers have little time to shop for healthy food and prepare meals, they and their children eat more fast- and packaged foods, which tend to be high in fat and calories.. Childhood obesity in the United States has tripled in 30 years.. Today, one in three US kids is overweight or obese, meaning they are more likely than their normal-weight counterparts to grow up to be obese adults and suffer from obesity-related conditions including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and fatty ...
Frontiers | German and Korean mothers sensitivity and related parenting beliefs | Psychology
This study contributes to a differentiated understanding of maternal sensitivity in cultural and situational context. We investigated differences and similarities in German and Korean mothers maternal sensitivity. We interviewed 92 German and 100 Korean mothers of first graders about their preference for proactive (anticipating childrens needs) or reactive sensitivity (responding to childrens direct cues) in different scenarios. Related parenting beliefs were assessed by asking the mothers to explain the reasons why they would prefer specific parenting behaviors. Results revealed significant cultural differences in reactive versus proactive sensitivity preferences. Overall, German mothers were more likely to indicate that a mother should respond reactively and less likely to report that a mother should act proactively than were Korean mothers. Korean mothers gave preference to both reactive and proactive sensitivity depending on the scenario. With regard to parenting beliefs, analyses revealed that
Child immunization rates rise with mother education | Zanran
Data & statistics on Child immunization rates rise with mother education: Child immunization rates rise with mothers education, Mothers Education and Child Immunisation, Results of childrens vaccination coverage by background characteristics. These data show no significant differences in immunization coverage according to sex, birth order and mothers education. However, the proportion of fully immunized children decreases below 80 percent for children in urban areas, in particular in Chisinau, and those from the fourth wealth quintile....
Inequalities in the psychological well-being of employed, single and partnered mothers: the role of psychosocial work quality...
A large body of international research reveals that single mothers experience poorer mental health than their partnered counterparts, with socioeconomic disadvantage identified as an important contributory factor in understanding this health disparity. Much less research, however, has focused specifically on the psychological well-being of single mothers who are employed, despite their growing presence in the labor force. Of the research which has considered employment, the focus has been on employment status per se rather than on other important work-related factors which may impact psychological health, such as psychosocial work quality and work-family conflict. The aim of this study was to: (1) compare employed single mothers and employed partnered mothers on measures of psychological distress, psychosocial work quality and work-family conflict; and (2) explore the potential role of work-family conflict and psychosocial work quality as explanations for any observed differences in psychological
Intersubjective experience and mental representations of interpersonal relationship: a longitudinal study on mother-child...
The goal of this follow up study is to understand the development, stability and change of mother child interaction dynamics in the first two years of life and to stimulate research into the mechanisms underlying this developmental trajectories. Particularly it will be investigated how different aspects such as maternal state of mind, reflective functioning, maternal responsiveness to the child and sensitivity are carried out in the intersubjective experience of mother-child relationship and contribute to shape the child development. The innovative and relevant contribution of the project relies in the possibility to follow over time the interaction of the dimensions cited above. This, for two main reasons: first, for the importance of monitoring and evaluating, in crucial phases in the development of intersubjectivity, how specific indicators, individual and / or relational, emerge and interact within the mother-child relationship; secondly, a longitudinal survey would provide an opportunity to ...
Are Working Mothers Bearing the Brunt of the Pandemic? - Business News Wales
The worrying statistics for working mothers throughout the pandemic. The UK government has had to make many changes to its healthcare system in the last
How to be a Working Mother in a Corporate Job
Everything you need to know about how to be a working mother in a corporate job, including how to prepare for baby (financially and career-wise), and more.
Dermott, E. 2015. Good Parenting Practices: How Important are Poverty, Education and Time Pressure? Sociology (Online First). Perrier, M. 2012. Middle-class Mothers Moralities and Concerted Cultivation: Class Others, Ambivalence and Excess Sociology December 12, 2012 (Online First here). Perrier, M. 2013. No right time: the significance of reproductive timing for younger and older mothers moralities The Sociological Review Volume 61, Issue 1 pages 69-87, February 2013 (Online here). 2013. Esther Dermott and Junko Yamashita. Resource-Free Parenting: The Not So Curious Absence of Money in Policy Discourses of Good Parenting in the UK and Japan. Social Policy and Society, available here.. 2012 Romagnoli, A. and G. Wall. I Know Im a Good Mom: Young, Low-income Mothers Experiences with Risk Perception, Intensive Parenting Ideology, and Parenting Education Programs. Health, Risk, and Society. 14(3): 273-289.. Gillies, V. 2011. From Function to Competence: Engaging with the New Politics ...
Maternal influences on offspring size, behaviour and energy metabolism - Enlighten: Theses
One of the main components of an organisms energy budget is its baseline level of energy metabolism. Individual differences in this cost of self-maintenance (termed in this chapter, resting metabolic rate, RMR) are substantial, but the causes and consequences of this variation are obscure. In Chapter 2, I review the published literature and show that maternal influences (along with other factors) can contribute substantially to variation in offspring RMR. Also, the RMR - fitness relationship appears to be modulated by environmental conditions (e.g. food supply), suggesting that the fitness consequences of a given RMR may be context-dependent. Thus, I propose that broad-scale variation in RMR might persist in natural populations, due to both spatial and temporal variation in environmental conditions and the trans-generational influence of mothers ...
A29 Living with HD - a mothers perspective | Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Centers RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.. ...
From Maiden to Queen: Healing the Mother Wound ~ Strength & Soul
As Mothers Day approaches in Canada and the US, its the perfect time to talk about the Mother Wound: what it is, who is affected, how it manifests itself in our lives, and what we can do to heal it. Sister, I am so happy and honoured to share this soul medicine with you. I first heard of the Mother Wound years ago, and I never had a clear understanding of what it is. I had a great relationship with my mother, so I didnt think the Mother Wound applied to me or to my life. I. Was. Wrong.. What is it exactly? Bethany Webster, who has done extensive work around the mother wound, defines it as the pain of being a woman. Its passed down through generations of women in patriarchal cultures and includes the dysfunctional coping mechanisms used to manage this pain. It affects all of us. Even those of us who dont immediately recognize it. What does that mean? Its important to know that it doesnt matter if you had a good relationship with your mother or an abusive one. It doesnt matter if its ...
Mothers Day Gifts & Flowers For Mother In Law | FTD
Your mother in law: basically a second mom in your life. This Mothers Day, show her how much you care about her by getting her a Mothers Day gift that will knock her socks off. Our selection of eye-catching and breathtaking mother in law gifts for Mothers Day are sure to please, no matter how tough on you your mother in law tries to be ...
When the pregnant mother lies on the left side and sleeps, the baby always kicks the left abdomen. Is this the performance of...
Its easy for pregnant mothers to think that they have discomfort in their stomachs, which leads to their sleep quality being forced to decline. In addition, when they think of their babies in their stomachs, they dont dare to lie down as they like. Its really beyond their control! What Sven first reflected was not his own discomfort, but worried about whether the baby was uncomfortable? At the thought of it, the good nights sleep was in vain again. < / P > < p > for those pregnant mothers with early fetal movement, it may become common for them to be beaten and kicked by their babies, especially when they go to bed at night, they even feel discomfort in their left abdomen. < / P > < p > in fact, there is a peak period of fetal movement, which is usually more frequent after the pregnant mothers meal or sleeping at night. < / P > < p > in these two times, because the pregnant mother will be more relaxed and the environment is relatively quiet, it will be easier to perceive the babys small ...
How Mothers Milk Boosts Babys Immunity
Mothers milk gives babies antibodies along with microbes to support the infants gut immune responses, new research says.. Get the Free Tracker App to find a Nintendo Switch in Stock. Immune antibodies from mothers breast milk interact with the immune system of the newborn to help shape lifelong immune responses for establishing boundaries and balance between gut microbes and the mammalian host.. If this balance fails to establish or later falters, this may result chronic inflammatory conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease - Crohns disease or ulcerative colitis.. Specific antibodies present in breast milk promote peace between the immune system and common gut-dwelling bacteria by putting the damper on inflammatory responses.. This study provides real evidence that breast milk is important for a newborns health, said lead study author Meghan Koch from the University of California-Berkeley.. Breastfeeding helps to instruct the newborns immune system on how to appropriately respond ...
How Mother Daughter Duo Lost 115 Pounds with 100 Day Challenge - Reach Celebrity Status Again when George Takei Posts Video |...
The thought of starting on a diet doesnt light up most peoples imaginations, but it can be fun and motivational with a buddy, especially when you do a mother daughter duo weight loss. Thats exactly what this mother daughter duo did on the 100 day challenge and lost a phenomenal 74 pounds total. They didnt stop there and changing their lifestyle made them celebrities. Today they motivate others to lose weight.
A birth story - A 42-year old mothers experience of pregnancy - Apollo Cradle Blog
Being a late mother is something that a lot of people feel is an impossible / difficult situation. I stand here today to tell you that pregnancy after 40 is completely possible. At the age of 43, I have a healthy and happy one-year-old daughter, who is my pride and joy. I was able to get here with the help of excellent support from a team of maternal experts, and the support and love of my near and dear ones. But I digress. Let me start from the beginning, when my husband and I decided to try for a child.. Weve been happily married for over 17 years now, and a child was something that both of us wanted right from the start. Unfortunately, the two times that we were able to conceive, at age 27 and 33, resulted in miscarriages. These still haunt me to this day, but the sight of my new-born in my arms today, gives me the support and love I need to help push past those memories. At the time, though, the miscarriages scarred me. After the second one, I decided to stop trying, and my husband ...
Obesity in teen years may be blamed on mother/child relationships - The Chart - CNN.com Blogs
The mother-child relationship has always carried a lot of weight. Now researchers say some obese teens might be in essence, carrying the weight of their relationship with their mothers when they were younger.
Sentimental Gifts Are the Best Mothers Day Gifts, S... (Senoia GA (PRWEB) May 07 2013 Madre M...)
Health,Senoia GA (PRWEB) May 07 2013 Madre Moeder Mere Mother - whatever language you say it in love abounds. Nurturing is a mothers nature. Because Mothers are so special and enrich so many lives Mothers Day is important to millions. But what should a person get their mother to truly express appreciation for all that she does? Deep thought should go int,Sentimental,Gifts,Are,the,Best,Mothers,Day,Gifts,,Study,Shows,medicine,medical news today,latest medical news,medical newsletters,current medical news,latest medicine news
Althouse: Ive got other things to do, and I dont have it in me to be a good enough mother to a fifth child.
Would you PLEASE stop repeating this as though you know what youre talking about?! I am a biological mother, and a foster mother, and an adoptive mother. No one gives up their unwanted babies to the foster care system. Unwilling mothers give up their babies to adoptive parents (which thousands and thousands of people would like to be). Willing mothers either keep and raise their children, or have their children forcibly removed and placed into foster care as a result of abuse or neglect. Women who want their babies keep them. Women who dont want their babies abort the or adopt them out. If there were no abortion, then women would either keep their babies or give them up for adoption. Some of them would wind up in foster care, sure, but plenty of wanted babies wind up in foster care too. You keep claiming that theres some kind of direct correlation between more abortion-less foster care, and thats utter crap. ...
LANKALIBRARY FORUM • View topic - Mental disorders and the mothers womb
The pregnant mothers are treated with respect and care in traditional societies. In traditional Sri Lankan society, there are customs and rituals performed for the well-being of the expecting mothers and children in their wombs. For instances, the near and dear ones on hearing about the conception of a child, used to pay visits bringing various kinds of dishes, sweetmeat and fruits. It is also customary to make a vow for the protection of the child and the mother. After the child birth, the family members accompany the child and the mother to the place where the vow has been performed. The value systems such as these are very necessary for a mentally healthy society. The point I raise in the article is that some people become mental patients due to traumatic experiences of the expecting mothers. ...
Healing the Mother Wound
Mothers play such an important role in all of our lives, they welcome us into the most sacred space there is - their womb (although there are many types of mother-child relationships, including adoptive ones) - they nurture us, mold and shape us emotionally through their connection and interactions with us. Given that our sense of self is often built by the kind of relationship we have with our Mother, who is normally our primary carer, it is important to understand what people refer to as the
Intense Mothers More Likely to Suffer Mental Health...
The findings in the study came from examination of the surveys and concluded that most of the women were satisfied with their lives in an overall sense. However, they were also experiencing moderate levels of stress, depression, and anxiety. Nearly one quarter of the mothers surveyed had significant symptoms of depression. The negative mental health symptoms correlated with attitudes about intensive mothering. Those who described themselves as intense mothers were more likely to have negative mental health consequences.. The study also took into account the level of family support and how it affected the mothers mental health. Those women who believed that mothers are the most important and the primary caregivers were less satisfied with their lives. Furthermore, those women who described parenting as challenging and as more difficult than work and other tasks, were much more likely to be stressed and to have symptoms of depression.. If being an intensive mother is so damaging to well-being and ...
MOTHERS ANGRY MEAN BULLYING TO DAUGHTER ON PHONE!: FACEBOOK PAL IMITATES MY MOTHER SO WELL!
MOTHERS MEAN ANGRY CRUEL PHONE MESSAGE LISTEN TO MOTHER RANTING TO HER DAUGHTER ON A MESSAGE MACHINE! MOTHER SCREAMS AT DAUGHTER WHO IS NOT AN INNOCENT ANGEL EITHER SO BE WARNED THAT IT CAN BE PRETTY DAMNING TO MOTHER AND DAUGHTER. READ PUBLIC VIEW ON THE MOTHERs RANTING TOO! LISTEN AT YOUR OWN RISK!. ...
CNN - Mothers Day - 1998
Its come to this. Once again, its Mothers Day and you are standing there in the card shop, groaning inwardly, thinking that this is another one of those Hallmark holidays, created by business to pump up the bottom line. Mothers Day is the third-largest card-sending holiday, with 147 million cards being mailed last year, according to the folks at Hallmark. But they had nothing to do with the holidays creation. Others proposed the idea first but Anna M. Jarvis of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, created what became Mothers Day after the death of her mother in 1905. Jarvis was reportedly concerned over mothers being neglected by their adult children, according to Celebrations: The Complete Book of American Holidays, which, curiously enough, is co-authored by the editors of Hallmark Cards. More about those editors later. Jarvis envisioned a religious holiday and the first Mothers Day celebration was held in two churches, in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, on May 10, 1908. Possibly sensing a ...
Healing the Mother Wound • TruStory FM
Timing is everything, right? And just in time for Mothers Day, we have an amazing conversation with an amazing woman and healer. Bethany Webster joins us on The Adult Chair to introduce us to the Mother Wound. Stemming from our early years - birth to 7 - the mother wound can dramatically impact our most important relationships, from our relationship with our selves, to our partners and spouses, to our children as they grow up. This week on the show, we introduce the powerful concepts that drive healing of the mother wound and reveal the strength that can come from a fully realized mother relationship for women and men alike!. About Bethany Webster. Bethany Webster is a writer, transformational coach, international speaker and what you could call a midwife of the heart. Her work is focused on helping women heal the mother wound so that they can fully claim their brilliance, own their power and live as their authentic selves. Her work has appeared in Elephant Journal and the California Journal of ...
Facial expressions and EEG in infants of intrusive and withdrawn mothers with depressive symptoms<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Facial expressions and EEG in infants of intrusive and withdrawn mothers with depressive symptoms. AU - Diego, Miguel A.. AU - Field, Tiffany. AU - Hart, Sybil. AU - Hernandez-Reif, Maria. AU - Jones, Nancy. AU - Cullen, Christy. AU - Schanberg, Saul. AU - Kuhn, Cynthia. PY - 2002. Y1 - 2002. N2 - When intrusive and withdrawn mothers with depressive symptoms modeled happy, surprised, and sad expressions, their 3-month-old infants did not differentially respond to these expressions or show EEG changes. When a stranger modeled these expressions, the infants of intrusive vs. withdrawn mothers looked more at the surprised and sad expressions and showed greater relative right EEG activity in response to the surprise and sad expressions as compared to the happy expressions. These findings suggest that the infants of intrusive mothers with depressive symptoms showed more differential responding to the facial expressions than the infants of withdrawn mothers. In addition, the infants of ...
Bactrim In Nursing Mothers - 494319 - N23D
Bactrim In Nursing Mothers. Sulfamethoxazole use while Breastfeeding , Drugs.com Advice for mothers using Sulfamethoxazole while breastfeeding. Includes possible effects on breastfed infants and lactation. Can I breastfeed while taking Bactrim DS? , Mom Answers Can I breastfeed while taking Bactrim The 2012 Hales Guide to Medications and Mothers Milk, which is the ultimate authority on nursing and meds, says Bactrim Bactrim and Breastfeeding - Antibiotics Home Page It is currently not known if Bactrim is safe for breastfeeding women. This eMedTV Web page offers a more in-depth look at Bactrim and breastfeeding, Mothers of bactrim and breastfeeding????????? - BabyGaga bactrim and breastfeeding Thomas Hale says in Medications and Mothers Milk that Bactrim is The majority of antibiotics are safe for nursing mothers Is It Safe To Take Bactrim While Breastfeeding? The right dose of Bactrim while breastfeeding could help relieve UTI conditions. we list some bacterial infections how much is cialis ...
Agreement between maternal report and antenatal records for a range of pre and peri-natal factors: The influence of maternal...
Background: Events during pregnancy and labour may influence the future health and well-being of offspring. Many studies rely on maternal reports of pre and peri-natal factors. Both maternal and child characteristics may potentially influence the reliability and accuracy of maternal recall. However, this has not been previously examined. Aims: To examine agreement between information from maternally reported questionnaires and medical records for a range of pre and peri-natal factors. To examine whether maternal and child characteristics influence the level of agreement with medical records. Methods: A survey of women who had school aged children born following in vitro fertilization (IVF) was carried out. Mothers completed a postal questionnaire booklet which included the Lewis and Murray scale which asks about antenatal and obstetric complications and the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire which assesses child behaviour problems. Antenatal case notes were also reviewed. Multi-centre ...
Why Mothers Stop Breastfeeding: Mothers Self-reported Reasons for Stopping During the First Year | SUPPLEMENT ARTICLES |...
Among mothers who stopped breastfeeding through the first 8 months of their infants life, the perception of their childs dissatisfaction with breast milk alone and concerns about milk supply were both consistently cited as important reasons for stopping, and their childs dissatisfaction with breast milk was continuously cited as a top reason even among women who stopped breastfeeding after 8 months. When a mother does not have confidence that she is providing an adequate quantity or quality of milk for her infant, she is likely to stop breastfeeding regardless of her infants age. Hispanic mothers and those with low household incomes were particularly likely to cite their childs lack of satisfaction with breast milk as a reason for stopping. Results of previous studies have similarly suggested that insufficient milk supply was a leading reason that mothers reported for their decision to stop breastfeeding.26,27 Two studies from industrialized nations showed that ,50% of breastfeeding women ...
Cervarix: One Mothers Experience with HPV Vaccine Damage - SaneVax, Inc.
In average have the viruses 3% to 93% of the men; between 23-26 years of women have the more high frequency and 40% of children have this virus and the 10% of women without sex have the HPV; the pregnants of the first quarter 40%, of the third quarter 60% and in the postpartum 17% have the HPV. Not all person in the world are contaminated;.in average 10% of persons that are leving in development countries and 15% in underdevelpment are polluted with this viruses; they lack to the cellular structure; they have not the proper metabolism; they request a cell to life, is the parasitic of the cell; they are considered the basic structure of life.The frequency and types of the HPV vary according to the region, geography, age, cultural, social, economic and religious factors; the HPV do not distribuited to iqual in the world; in USA: the more frequecy is PVH 16 , Africa HPV 45 , Central and South America PVH 39-59, Canada HPV 31, Spain HPVs 6-16-51- 53: The HPV is increased in the second time of the ...
Afghanistan Worst Country for Mothers « RAWA News
The Media Line: Afghanistan is the worst county in the world for a woman to be a mother, a new report says. The Mothers Index in Save the Childrens report, State of the Worlds Mothers 2010, compares the well-being of mothers and children in 173 countries and concludes that the well-being of mothers and children is at the highest risk in Afghanistan.
Under the Transfer of property act property can be transferred to a child in mothers womb - The Lawyers & Jurists
Title: Under the Transfer of property act property can be transferred to a child in mothers womb. Abstract. This paper focuses mainly on the transfer of property act & how property can be transferred to a child in mothers womb. A crucial challenge is therefore to identify the factors related to this issue in which property can be transferred to a child in mothers womb. The objective of this research paper was to determine how property can be transferred to a child in mothers womb under law of property transfer. This paper also tried to find out the ultimate logics behind this comment.. My hypothesis in some cases was proved to be true and in other cases proved false. Considering all these factors finally I came to the conclusion that under the Transfer of property act property can be transferred to a child in mothers womb. But as researchers correlated scores on IQ and personality tests, they found only a modest and moderate relationship that did not differentiate both side of this ...
Film Review: Mother! | ENTROPY
Rarely does a film come along that polarizes audiences immediately and intensely. But Mother! most certainly accomplishes that. The Jennifer Lawrence starring film has been labeled divisive, which puts it lightly. Youll either love it or hate it. But what makes Mother! truly special: either way, youll feel the need to talk about it.. At face value, Mother! tells an unconventional home invasion story. The film starts with a slow-burn of mystery. Mother, wonderfully played by Lawrence, awakens in bed alone, calling for her husband. As she searches, we are introduced to their home, a Victorian mansion-massive, beautiful, but in various states of disrepair-which is a character in and of itself. This house, which we learn literally has a heart of its own, serves as the sole setting for the entire film. Shortly after finding her husband (the always terrific Javier Bardem), Mother and Him (we never learn their names) are joined by an unexpected guest played by Ed Harris. Why is he there? What does ...
Gay mother fetus Mother watches man stroke penis at ernomijland.com
View Gay mother fetus Mother watches man stroke penis hd as completely free. Xxx Gay mother fetus Mother watches man stroke penis video
Professional & Community Resources | Mother Reach
Up to 80% of mothers experience baby blues, and up to 20% of mothers develop depression or anxiety some time around the birth of a baby or the adoption of a baby (Campbell et al. 1992, OHara 1991). Mood & anxiety disorder symptoms may also begin in pregnancy in up to 20% of women. ...
Peter Jones (missionary)
Raised by his mother. Jones was born on January 1, 1802 in Burlington Heights, Upper Canada. His father was Augustus ... His mother was Tuhbenahneequay, a Mississauga woman whose band inhabited the area. His father worked as a surveyor in the ... His mother was of the Eagle totem and the name belonged to that totem. At the feast Kahkewāquonāby was given a club to denote ... After two or three months of this, his mother received news of Jones' condition, and travelled to the Credit River with her ...
Mother interaction between different gender children. Mothers tend to spend a significant amount of time with their kids ... "Mother's Gender Linked Talk:" It turned out that mothers showed a similar amount of "gender linked talk" to all their children ... That is, their fathers are brothers or cousins but they share the same mother, or their mothers are sisters or cousins and they ... Goshen suggest that whenever the mother emphasized on "gender linked labels" it was because the mother was seeing that her ...
Acid Mothers Temple
"Acid Mothers Temple. Retrieved 2018-11-14.. *^ "Acid Mothers Temple & the Cosmic Inferno: Profile". Acid Mothers Temple. ... But the true manifestations of Acid Mothers Temple are many-Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O., Acid Mothers ... Acid Mothers Temple & The Pink Ladies Blues. *Acid Mothers Temple & The Pink Ladies Blues featuring the Sun Love and the Heavy ... Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. studio albums. *Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. (1997) ...
Supreme Court of India
It portrays Mother India in the form of the figure of a lady, sheltering the young Republic of India represented by the symbol ...
Mother hypothesis. The mother hypothesis suggests that menopause was selected for humans because of the extended ... That a mother's presence could aid in the survival of a developing child, while an unidentified father's absence might not have ... In infants in the first year of life, the brain consumes 60% of all calories, so both babies and their mothers require a ... Note the existence of partible paternity supporting this. Some argue that the mother and grandmother hypotheses fail to ...
The apartments of the Queen Mother are connected by a passage, leading into the Queen Mother's bathroom, to the quarters of the ... The Courtyard of the Queen Mother (Valide Sultan Taşlığı'), the Courtyard of the Chief Consort of the Sultan (Baş Haseki), the ... The next rooms are the Baths of the Sultan and the Queen Mother (Hünkâr ve Vâlide Hamamları). This double bath dates from the ... The Apartments of the Queen Mother (Valide Sultan Dairesi), together with the apartments of the sultan, form the largest and ...
WHO Model List of Essential Medicines
Medicines administered to the mother. *Dexamethasone. *Tranexamic acid. Medicines administered to the neonate. * ...
Dormition of the Mother of God
The Dormition of the Mother of God is a Great Feast of the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches ... The Mother is not superior to the Son who underwent death, giving it a new meaning and changing it into a means of salvation. ... He speaks of a dying "in love, from love and through love", going so far as to say that the Mother of God died of love for her ... Ware, Archimandrite Kallistos; Mary, Mother (1984), The Festal Menaion, London: Faber and Faber, p. 64, ISBN 0-571-11137-8. ...
List of names for the biblical nameless
Mother of Abraham. Name: Amthlai bath (daughter of) Khrubu. Source: Babylonian Talmud Tractate Baba Bathra Chapter 5. ... Samson's mother. See also: Wife of Manoah. Name: Z'llpunith. Source: Babylonian Talmud Tractate Baba Bathra Chapter 5 ... Haman's mother. Name: Amthlai daughter of Urbthi. Source: Babylonian Talmud Tractate Baba Bathra Chapter 5. Appears in ... David's mother. Name: Nzb'th, daughter of Edal. Source: Babylonian Talmud Tractate Baba Bathra Chapter 5 (folio 91a). ...
Teen mothers are more likely to drop out of high school. However, recent studies have found that many of these mothers had ... a b Teenage Mothers : Decisions and Outcomes - Provides a unique review of how teenage mothers think Policy Studies Institute, ... Daughters born to adolescent parents are more likely to become teen mothers themselves. Sons born to teenage mothers ... Mother. In 2008 teen birth rates internationally, per 1000 girls aged 15-19. United States and United Kingdom had some of ...
Benefit for mother. However, environmental changes during early development may result in the selected trajectory ... The information that enters offspring phenotype during early development mirror the mother's own developmental experience and ...
... children are named after their father rather than from their mother. But in matters relating to slavery they follow the mother ... Nobility Through Mother - Doubtful. Someone in Poland, very knowledgeable, perhaps ideally a Polish noble, needs to ... From the 1505 General Seym in Radom and Its Nihil Novi Statutes, stating nobility follows the father, not the mother: "Let no ... n. 167, 502." "He who is born outside of lawful matrimony, or of an unlawful one, follows the condition of the mother. C.L.M.; ...
Black people in Ireland
Mother and Baby Homes. It was noted that approximately 275 mixed-race children were born and held in Mother and Baby ... www.rte.ie/news/mother-and-baby-homes/2021/0119/1190616-mother-and-baby-homes-ireland/ ... The poem 'For Our Mothers', by Nigerian-Irish poet Felicia Olusanya (FeliSpeaks) is featured on the 2023 Leaving Certificate ... Cassia O'Reilly, Irish singer-songwriter and music producer (African-American mother). *Paul Osam, Irish former footballer ( ...
Compared to children whose mothers have good oral health, children whose mothers have bad oral health are five times as likely ... It is recommended that expectant mothers receive at least four antenatal visits to check and monitor the health of mother and ... especially in mothers who breastfeed. A complication is that many HIV-infected mothers cannot afford formula, and thus have ... "Lost mothers. ProPublica. Retrieved December 22, 2017.. *^ Troiano NH, Witcher PM (2018). "Maternal Mortality and Morbidity in ...
Mother's diet and physical health. Adequate nutrition is needed for a healthy fetus. Mothers who gain less than 20 pounds ... Young teenaged mothers (younger than 16) and mothers over 35 are more exposed to the risks of miscarriages, premature births, ... Mother's age. Women between the ages of 16 and 35 have a healthier environment for a fetus than women under 16 or over 35 ... Mothers who are deficient in iron are at risk for having a preterm or low birth weight infant. Iodine deficiencies increase ...
In many hospitals the mother's partner is encouraged to attend the surgery to support the mother and share the experience. The ... required the child of a mother dead in childbirth to be cut from her womb. There was a cultural taboo that mothers not be ... Mother. In those who are low risk, the risk of death for caesarean sections is 13 per 100,000 and for vaginal birth 3.5 ... His mother died while giving birth to him.. An early account of caesarean section in Iran is mentioned in the book of ...
Alexandra of Denmark
From Edward's death, Alexandra was queen mother, being a dowager queen and the mother of the reigning monarch. She did not ... Mother. Louise of Hesse-Kassel. Alexandra of Denmark (Alexandra Caroline Marie Charlotte Louise Julia; 1 December 1844 - 20 ... Her mother and father were both great-grandchildren of King Frederick V of Denmark and great-great-grandchildren of King George ... With the death of her mother-in-law, Queen Victoria, in 1901, Alexandra became queen-empress consort to the new king. Just two ...
Kursk submarine disaster
Mother forcibly sedated. The Russian state channel RTR was the only media granted access. They broadcast a heavily edited ... "Sedated Kursk mother vows to fight on". CNN. 25 August 2000. Archived from the original on 17 September 2010. Retrieved 9 ... "I was not silenced, says Kursk mother". Telegraph. 27 August 2000. Archived from the original on 17 February 2012. Retrieved 9 ... the mother of Kursk submariner Lt. Sergei Tylik, was extremely emotional and interrupted the meeting. She harangued Putin and ...
Pink Floyd live performances
This show includes material from Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother. Early performances of "Echoes". A typical 1971 set list ... "Atom Heart Mother" (rarely, last performance on 22 May 1972). *"A Saucerful of Secrets" (rarely in second set, usually as an ... Experimental on the album Atom Heart Mother, the song "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" was performed at a few gigs in December ... Some performances of Atom Heart Mother featured an entire orchestra and choir, reputedly a nightmare to bring on tour. Less ' ...
Demographics of the Republic of the Congo
Mother's mean age at first birth. 19.8 years (2011/12 est.). note: median age at first birth among women 25-29. ...
Demographics of Ghana
Mother's mean age at first birth. 22.3 years (2017 est.). note: median age at first birth among women 25-29. ...
In general, a forceps birth is likely to be safer for both the mother and baby than the alternatives - either a ventouse birth ... Usually the male doctor's job was to save the mother's life if, for example, the baby had become stuck on his or her way ... This was used to crush the baby's skull allowing the baby to be pulled out of the mother's womb. Still in other cases, a ... Mother. *Increased risk of perineal lacerations, pelvic organ prolapse, and incontinence. ...
Catherine de' Medici
He called her not only the mother of the king but the mother of the state. Henry did not tell Catherine of his plan for a ... Queen mother. Reign of Francis II. Francis II of France, by François Clouet, 1560. Francis found the crown so heavy ... Mother. Madeleine de La Tour d'Auvergne. Catherine de Medici (Italian: Caterina de Medici, pronounced [kateˈriːna de ˈmɛːditʃi] ... As the mother of kings Francis II, Charles IX and Henry III, she had extensive, if at times varying, influence in the political ...
In 1898, his mother arranged a marriage for him with Anna Mary Hoffman, who was nine years his junior. They had ... By 1880, his mother had a government job and was able to remove Fish from the orphanage. In 1882, at age 12, he began a ... Letter to the mother of Grace Budd. In November 1934, an anonymous letter was sent to the girl's parents which ultimately led ... Fish's mother then put her son into Saint John's Orphanage in Washington, where he was frequently abused. He began to enjoy the ...
Cthulhu Mythos deities
Star Mother. The Star Mother appears as a chunk of yellow-green stone about the size of an infant. Its shape suggests a ... Mother of Pus. A Lesser Outer God composed of slime, tentacles, eyes, and mouths. The Mother of Pus was spawned through ... Mother and Father to All Marine Life, The Hermaphroditic God An amorphous monster of prodigious size, covered in a multitude of ... The Great Horned Mother, Black Glory of Creation A huge faceless creature with various appendages sprouting from its head, a ...
Million Man March
Mothers of the Struggle - Behold Thy Sons. *Faye Williams, attorney - Washington, D.C. coordinator Million Man March ...
Clann na Poblachta
Mother and child scheme. Browne's second initiative was much more controversial. In 1950 Browne tried to put the parts of ... However, the Mother and Child Scheme, as it became known, faced stiff opposition from Irish doctors and the Catholic Bishops of ... This Act would give free health care to all mothers and children up to the age of sixteen, regardless of income. ... and those elements of the medical profession privately supportive of the Mother and Child Scheme. In addition his poor ...
Causes of autism
Refrigerator mother. Main article: Refrigerator mother. Bruno Bettelheim believed that autism was linked to early ... Diabetes in the mother during pregnancy is a significant risk factor for autism; a 2009 meta-analysis found that gestational ... It has been hypothesized that spontaneous de novo mutations in the father's sperm or mother's egg contribute to the likelihood ... Parents, especially mothers, of individuals with autism were blamed for having caused their child's condition through the ...
Mother's suicide. I removed these sentences: All of this media caused his mother to go crazy and she ended up killing ... The Environmental Protection Agency, having designated Hahn's mother's property as a Superfund hazardous materials cleanup site ... The answer seems to be (according to the book) that his father lived in Clinton Township, but his mother lived in Commerce ...
Queen Mother of the West
Western Mother refers to an archaic divinity residing in the west. The exact nature of the Mother divinities in the Shang ... Tang writers called her "Golden Mother the First Ruler", the "Golden Mother of Tortoise Mountain", "She of the Nine Numina and ... If we make offering to the eastern mother and the western mother, there will be approval. ... Queen Mother of the West is a calque of Xiwangmu in Chinese sources, Seiōbo in Japan, Seowangmo in Korea, and Tây Vương Mẫu in ...
MADD | Mothers Against Drunk Driving
The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of ... Mothers Against Drunk Driving 511 E. John Carpenter Freeway Irving, TX 75062 877.ASK.MADD (877.275.6233) Mothers Against Drunk ... The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of ... Drunk and drugged driving comes with a cost - and it is one that robs us of mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, spouses and ...
Our Mothers (2019) - IMDb
Acid Mothers Temple - Wikipedia
"Acid Mothers Temple. Retrieved 2018-11-14.. *^ "Acid Mothers Temple & the Cosmic Inferno: Profile". Acid Mothers Temple. ... But the true manifestations of Acid Mothers Temple are many-Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O., Acid Mothers ... Acid Mothers Temple & The Pink Ladies Blues. *Acid Mothers Temple & The Pink Ladies Blues featuring the Sun Love and the Heavy ... Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. studio albums. *Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. (1997) ...
mothers | Salon.com
ISDH: Mothers and Families
I cannot work or go to school if I breastfeed - Many mothers work and/or go to school while nursing their babies! You can use a ... Some mothers also choose not to breastfeed their babies. In these circumstances formula will be needed for feeding.3 ... I will not be able to leave my house and nurse my baby - The state of Indiana supports all breastfeeding mothers. Ind. Code § ... Breastfeeding mothers have a lower risk of postpartum depression, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease, breast cancer ...
Mothers' Day in Albania
Mothers Day is a day for many people to show their appreciation towards mothers and mother figures worldwide. It is an annual ... Mothers Day is a day for many people to show their appreciation towards mothers and mother figures worldwide. It is an annual ... About Mothers Day. Read more about Mothers Day.. Mothers Day Observances. Showing: 2010-2015. 2016-2026. 2027-2049. 2050- ... Is Mothers Day a Public Holiday?. Mothers Day is not a public holiday. Businesses have normal opening hours. ...
Mothers' Day in Spain
... honors mothers and mother figures in Spain on the first Sunday in May. Its also celebrated in other countries. ... Mothers Day, known as Día de la Madre or Día de las Madres in Spanish, ... Mothers Day, known as Día de la Madre or Día de las Madres in Spanish, honors mothers and mother figures in Spain on the first ... About Mothers Day. Mothers Day pays tribute to the commitments and achievements that mothers make for their families. Many ...
Mothers Out Front - Idealist
We are mothers, grandmothers, and other caregivers who can no longer be silent and still about the very real danger that ... Current listings by Mothers Out Front. Jobs. Location. Date Posted. Remote/Virtual Virginia State Organizing Manager. Richmond ... We are mothers, grandmothers, and other caregivers who can no longer be silent and still about the very real danger that ... We are mothers, grandmothers, and other caregivers who can no longer be silent and still about the very real danger that ...
Child Care Leave - Mothers' Voices Japan
List of youngest birth mothers - Wikipedia
Mother Age of mother Father Country Description June 7, 1932 H. 6 years,. 7 months Unknown British India. (now India) The 6- ... Mother Age of mother Father Country Description May 14, 1939 Lina Medina 5 years,. 7 months Unknown Peru Lina Medina, from the ... Mother Age of mother Father Country Description December 5, 1759 Anna Mummenthaler 8 years,. 9 months Her uncle Old Swiss ... Mother Age of mother Father Country Description April 20, 1834 Sally Deweese 10 years Unknown United States Sally Deweese of ...
The Neglectful Mother
Both answered together, "Mother Hawk is our mother. Shes all the mother we know.". Crow cried, No, Im your only mother.". The ... I am your mother.". But the little ones said that they did not know her. "Hawk is our mother." At last when she couldnt make ... So Mother Crow took Mother Hawk before the king of the birds. Eagle said to Crow, "Why did you leave your nest?" Crow hung her ... Mother Hawk hatched us, and she is our mother.". So it was finally settled s the little ones had said: they were the children ...
Behold Your Mother
V. 26 - When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, ... Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mothers sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. ... Behold Your Mother John 19:25-30 used by NKJV V. 25 - ... "Behold Your Mother" John 19:25-30 used by NKJV. V. 25 - Now ... V. 26 - When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, "Woman, ...
Lettuce for Mothers | The BMJ
mothers | American Academy of Pediatrics
A Mothers Cry
... was founded by Ms. Millie Brown in May 2009. It is a community advocacy and support organization ... A Mothers cry is currently working on having an emergency response team in place to come to the aids of the victims families ... A Mothers Cry has had several events since 2007 at Johns Hopkins Hospital at the Turner Concourse Auditorium to bring comfort ... A Mothers Cry Team will assist the families with funeral preparations, and provide support groups to help cope with their loss ...
Lost Mothers - ProPublica
Lost Mothers. Maternal Care and Preventable Deaths. The U.S. has the highest rate of deaths related to pregnancy and childbirth ... Lost Mothers. An estimated 700 to 900 women in the U.S. died from pregnancy-related causes in 2016. We have identified 120 of ... What Happens When New Mothers Dont Have Insurance? Help Us Find Out.. by Nina Martin, ProPublica, and Julia Belluz, Vox ... A Larger Role for Midwives Could Improve Deficient U.S. Care for Mothers and Babies. According to a new study, states that give ...
Advice to Mothers
... These examples were taken from an exhibition to accompany a Centre for the History of Medicine workshop on ... Leaflet advising prospective mothers to put aside their natural reserve and seek medical advice during their pregnancy, 1931. ... Labour Party leaflet demanding Mothers Pensions, 1920s The idea of a widow and kiddies forced by poor pay and hunger into ... The residential home was set up as an alternative to prison for mothers who had been convicted of child neglect. It was ...
Single Mothers - BrooklynVegan
watch Single Mothers video for new song "Nihilist Headlights"; tour starts soon. Single Mothers have been gradually unveiling ... Single Mothers. 50+ special/exclusive releases for todays Bandcamp fundraiser. Todays Bandcamp fundraiser includes new ... watch Single Mothers video for new song "Im Wrong" + stream Drews quarantine playlist. "This is what not touring looks like ... The Single Mothers frontman cant escape bad karma in his new Drew Thomson Foundation video. ...
Naomi Campbell champions African models, mothers | Reuters
A Little About Jeanne - Mothers & Babies First™
Pressures driving China's 'Tiger Mothers' - BBC News
He does not compare Chinese mothers to tigers, as the author Amy Chua does. He has another phrase: crazy mothers. ... Mrs Meng said she was not as strict as some mothers - she does not force her son to learn a musical instrument - but he cannot ... Image caption Professor Yang Dongping says crazy mothers in China often push their children too hard A book suggesting ... "We have to adapt to the system, the system does not adapt to individuals," said Meng Xiangyi, mother of a seven-year-old son. ...
... was founded as a nonprofit in 1976 because we knew corporations and the wealthy wouldnt fund the type of hard- ... If you value what you get from Mother Jones, please join us with a tax-deductible donation today so we can keep on doing the ... Mother Jones was founded as a nonprofit in 1976 because we knew corporations and the wealthy wouldnt fund the type of hard- ... If you value what you get from Mother Jones, please join us with a tax-deductible donation today so we can keep on doing the ...
Know what my third-favorite is? Its every second Sunday in May, when mothers, moms, mamas, and mommies alike are honored with ... Mothers Day has always given me the warm fuzzies. The notion of being surrounded by little people who popped out of your very ... I asked why she didnt keep her Mothers Day free. She told me that her usual outing with my brother Kevin and his family was ... Last week I called to invite her to Mothers Day brunch at the Licked Skillet. I generally try to call about once a month. (She ...
My Mother, Myself | HuffPost
And that is thanks, of course, to my own mother. She modeled for me everything a mother should be. She was, and still is today ... Being a mother is probably the hardest thing Ive ever done, and yet, doing it comes naturally because I had such a good role ... And if I stumble, I can always call the person who helped make me the mother that I am today. She gives me what children want ... When I finally did decide to become a mother myself, there was a suspicious test result early on in my pregnancy. She listened ...
Mother of Multimedia | WIRED
The mother in her made sure her staff has the benefit of wide-open spaces, high ceilings, and comfy mauve chairs arranged in a ... Mother of Multimedia. __S__ueann Ambron surprises. First theres her appearance: With her short-gray hair, piercing brown eyes ... And while Ambron might balk at the title, many in the computer industry are quick to call her the mother of multimedia. After ... I was an earth mother, so I kept a crib in my office, she explains. I was part of the generation that said you could have it ...
Mothers And Daughters - New York Magazine
See an archive of all mothers and daughters stories published on the New York Media network, which includes NYMag, The Cut, ... Nursing My Mother, the ICU NurseI have waited all my life for this access to my mother, and I will take her, as she is - ... Postcards From the Edge Was Carrie Fishers Perfect Mother-Daughter OpusIts the best movie about adoring your mother, but ... What I Learned From Losing My Mother When I Was 17"I know mothers can cause people problems. But its hard to listen to ...
Too Many Mothers Not Breastfeeding - Redorbit
Mothers benefit from a reduced likelihood of breast or ovarian cancer. Their bodies return to a pre-pregnancy state more ... The 2005 NHS survey into infant feeding found only 48% of UK mothers were still breastfeeding their babies at six weeks old and ... If a womans own mother bottlefed, she is more likely to go down this route thus making bottlefeeding habitual in many families ... Breastfed babies are being allowed to express natural behaviour: a desire to suckle their mother both for food and comfort. ...
Mothers of Invention | The Village Voice
Like a New York version of the Argentinian mothers of the disappeared, the. mothers and sisters of police-brutality victims ... But his mother now believes "this whole system has to change." Last week in jail, a police officer asked her, "Do you plan to ... The mother of 11 children- five adopted- she praises her husband, "who takes care of the children when I am at rallies." And ... "When I hear of a loss, I get the address of the family, then I get some mothers together and we knock on the front door," says ...
2019BabiesSurrogate mothersDaughters20212020Acid Mothers GongMaternalExpectant mothers2002Kawabata MakotoVerve RecordsSingle mothersBreastfeedingImmigrant mothersMotherhoodInventionFamiliesChildrenChildbirth2022Cosmic InfernoHappy Mothers DayLives of mothersPercent of mothersFound that mothersMomsSlideShareShareCrazy mothersSaving MothersProspective mothersContentIndiaMilkSistersEmbryosKing of biMakeHonorsMother'sDrunk DrivingBirth19665,000NewsRisksPostpartum depressionJournalismPeopleNarcissismLifeTitleWomen
- Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. traditionally tour Canada and the United States in the spring of every year, on a grueling schedule with very few days off, and will continue to do so in 2019. (wikipedia.org)
- Bad Mothers is an Australian television drama series that premiered on the Nine Network on 18 February 2019. (wikipedia.org)
- Some mothers also choose not to breastfeed their babies. (in.gov)
- The death of Lauren Bloomstein, a neonatal nurse, in the hospital where she worked illustrates a profound disparity: the health care system focuses on babies but often ignores their mothers. (propublica.org)
- Breastfed babies are being allowed to express natural behaviour: a desire to suckle their mother both for food and comfort. (redorbit.com)
- The 2005 NHS survey into infant feeding found only 48% of UK mothers were still breastfeeding their babies at six weeks old and only 25% at six months. (redorbit.com)
- At the same event, South African Health Minister Barbara Hogan told reporters that the crisis in Zimbabwe has also added enormously to the burden of caring for mothers and babies throughout southern Africa. (voanews.com)
- Veneman notes that many women and newborns die needlessly and says this can be prevented by ensuring mothers and babies have adequate nutrition, that hygiene practices are improved and through better access to skilled health care and emergency services at birth. (voanews.com)
- More mothers and their babies are staying alive after birth, and this is a very good sign," comments Ms. Addico, as the inflection of her voice rises in excitement. (un.org)
- The NHS recommends that mothers exclusively breastfeed their babies during the first six months, continuing to do as children are weaned on to solid foods. (telegraph.co.uk)
- With each additional fetus, risks to mothers and babies climb. (reuters.com)
- Babies from multiple pregnancies are more likely to be premature or have cerebral palsy or learning disabilities, and mothers have higher risks of high blood pressure, diabetes or postpartum bleeding. (reuters.com)
- Placental babies are connected to their mothers via the placenta for a long time," says Weisbecker. (newscientist.com)
- By contrast, marsupial babies are born while they are still very small, then spend a long time feeding off their mothers' milk - a slower way to grow a large brain. (newscientist.com)
- In the study, mothers who "gushed" the most about their babies showed the most brain growth. (psychologytoday.com)
- In a retrospective study of Utah pioneers, scientists discovered that women who deliver twins live longer, have more children than expected, bear babies at shorter intervals over a longer time, and are older at their last birth, compared to other mothers. (psychcentral.com)
- The researchers will collect routine samples of blood, urine and placental tissue from the mothers and blood samples from the babies at birth. (newscientist.com)
- As each day brings a fresh challenge for her and her babies, Francesca makes a temporary life among a band of mothers who are vivid, fearless, and inspiring, taking care not only of their children but of one another. (penguin.co.uk)
- Even though there is biblical precedent for surrogate mothers -- Abraham fathered a child by a surrogate -- Dickey's decision is sure to rekindle the legal and ethical debate over the spector of test-tube babies and other Brave New Worlds open to an estimated six million American couples afflicted with infertility problems. (washingtonpost.com)
- How Do Surrogate Mothers Get Pregnant? (medicinenet.com)
- home / health & living health center / how do surrogate mothers get pregnant center / how do surrogate mothers get pregnant? (medicinenet.com)
- Reuters Health) - Renting out their wombs may ease financial problems for poor women in India, but new research suggests surrogate mothers there are unaware of the risks and often left out of key medical decisions about their pregnancy. (reuters.com)
- Of the 14 surrogate mothers I interviewed, not a single one could explain the risks from having multiple embryos placed in their uterus, or having a fetal reduction or a Cesarean section," said Dr. Malene Tanderup from Aarhus University in Denmark. (reuters.com)
- The women in India who become surrogate mothers are mostly poor and uneducated. (reuters.com)
- Yet large payments to fertility clinics and lack of regulation raise worries that surrogate mothers are being exploited. (reuters.com)
- In Tanderup's study, none of the surrogate mothers knew how many embryos had been transferred, or the complications of multifetal pregnancy or fetal reduction. (reuters.com)
- When Tanderup asked doctors if they told surrogate mothers how many embryos they transfer, one answered: "No, we never ask them and they are not even informed how many are going to be transferred. (reuters.com)
- Four said they asked the commissioning parents, and only one included the surrogate mothers. (reuters.com)
- Because surrogate mothers are paid monthly during pregnancy, they get less money if they miscarry. (reuters.com)
- The mothers and daughters in Mothers and Daughters are frequently at odds, and it's no wonder. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- For a film that's presumably intended to convey the rich emotional rewards of motherhood, Mothers and Daughters is not terribly convincing. (hollywoodreporter.com)
- The reason that sons of narcissistic mothers are more likely than daughters to become narcissistic themselves is that mother-son relationships are fundamentally different from mother-daughter relationships. (psychologytoday.com)
- An article at Psychology Today about mothers who are jealous of their daughters. (metafilter.com)
- Happy Mother's Day 2021: Mother is the child's first teacher and friend. (selfgrowth.com)
- If you value what you get from Mother Jones , please join us with a tax-deductible donation today so we can keep on doing the type of journalism 2020 demands. (motherjones.com)
- Melissa George as Charlotte Tess Haubrich as Sarah Daniel MacPherson as Anton Don Hany as Kyle Steve Bastoni as Tom Mandy McElhinney as Maddie Shalom Brune-Franklin as Bindy Jessica Tovey as Danielle Kate Lister as Phoebe Bad Mothers : AUS viewers per episode (thousands) Source:  In September 2020, Jungle Entertainment announced they are in active development on creating an adaptation of the series for U.S. audiences. (wikipedia.org)
Acid Mothers Gong3
-  The same year, a collaboration of Acid Mothers Temple and Gong called "Acid Mothers Gong" performed at the Royal Festival Hall in London . (wikipedia.org)
- Soon after, in 2004, long-time vocalist and synthesizer player Cotton Casino left the group to concentrate on her own group and family while Acid Mothers Gong continued to tour. (wikipedia.org)
- En algunas ocasiones ha colaborado con la banda psicodélica británica Gong y esta colaboración se llamó Acid Mothers Gong. (wikipedia.org)
- Mothers and maternal figures receive gifts such as chocolates, flowers, cards, jewelry and clothes on Mothers' Day. (timeanddate.com)
- This column is NOT directed toward women who are already mothers, but toward women who haven't yet embarked on the maternal journey. (wnd.com)
- Campbell will visit a local maternal clinic on Friday to meet mothers and healthcare workers. (reuters.com)
- The Brothers Grimm changed them to step-mothers to preserve the mystique of maternal affection and the bonds of blood. (metafilter.com)
- Your workplace risk assessment should already consider any risks to female employees of childbearing age and, in particular, risks to new and expectant mothers (for example, from working conditions, or the use of physical, chemical or biological agents). (hse.gov.uk)
- While it is a legal obligation for employers to regularly review general workplace risks, there is actually no legal requirement to conduct a specific, separate risk assessment for new and expectant mothers. (hse.gov.uk)
- As part of that process, you should consider female employees of childbearing age, including new and expectant mothers, assessing the risks that may arise from any process, working condition or physical, biological or chemical agents. (hse.gov.uk)
- No. Your employer is required to conduct a general risk assessment for all workers, which should include any specific risks to females of childbearing age and new or expectant mothers. (hse.gov.uk)
- A MAJOR study of child development begins in Britain this week - not with newborn infants but with their expectant mothers. (newscientist.com)
- The soul collective has also hosted its own yearly festival in Japan, appropriately titled Acid Mothers Festival, since 2002, which has been attended by Yamazaki Maso of Masonna , Afrirampo , Yoshida Tatsuya, Mani Neumeier, Kuriyama Jun, Ohpia, and Seiichi Yamamoto of Boredoms . (wikipedia.org)
- Kawabata began his own solo offshoot, called Kawabata Makoto & the Mothers of Invasion, in an attempt to create music with a more jazz feel. (wikipedia.org)
- Acid Mothers Temple & the Incredible Strange Band was formed in 2006 by Tsuyama Akiko, Suhara Keizo, Aiko, Tsuyama Atsushi, and Kawabata Makoto. (wikipedia.org)
- Acid Mothers Temple es una banda japonesa de rock , perteneciente al rock psicodélico y space rock fundada en 1995 por el guitarrista Kawabata Makoto , líder del grupo. (wikipedia.org)
- Wilson signed the Mothers to the Verve Records division of MGM Records, which had built up a strong reputation in the music industry for its releases of modern jazz recordings in the 1940s and 1950s, but was attempting to diversify into pop and rock audiences. (wikipedia.org)
- The Single Mothers frontman can't escape bad karma in his new Drew Thomson Foundation video. (brooklynvegan.com)
- Single Mothers have been gradually unveiling previously unreleased non-album tracks as they stay busy touring this year, and here's a new one from the sessions for 2017's 'Our Pleasure. (brooklynvegan.com)
- They were the single mothers, recipients of a special commemoration from the Divine Inspired Victorious Anointed Sisters of the church, the DIVAS. (jamaicaobserver.com)
- This was the early service, and seven more single mothers were to be honoured during the 10:00 am service later that morning, Lawson Myers said. (jamaicaobserver.com)
- Our mothers have literally been the backbone of our society, a significant percentage our families in Jamaica have single mothers," he said. (jamaicaobserver.com)
- Breastfeeding mothers have a lower risk of postpartum depression, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease, breast cancer and ovarian cancer. (in.gov)
- This experience was the basis for Jeanne becoming a breastfeeding advocate, compelling her to help other mothers learn about the benefits of breastfeeding and how they can be successful in meeting their own personal breastfeeding goals. (google.com)
- A new or expectant mother is a woman who is pregnant, has given birth within the last six months or is breastfeeding. (hse.gov.uk)
- M idwives should stop trying to shame new mothers into breastfeeding , and respect their choices, according to new advice from the Royal College of Midwives. (telegraph.co.uk)
- G ill Walton, chief executive of the RCM said: "Evidence clearly shows that breastfeeding in line with WHO guidance brings optimum benefits for the health of both mother and baby. (telegraph.co.uk)
- B ritain's rates of breastfeeding are the lowest in the developed world, with just one per cent of new mothers feeding their children purely by breast by the age of six months. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Some mothers have argued that messages such as "breast is best" are counterproductive, and mean women are more likely to give up breastfeeding if they are struggling to do so. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Breastfeeding and Alcohol: Should Mothers Drink? (go.com)
- Drinking, Breastfeeding Mothers: Where's the Line? (go.com)
- But there are no consistent guidelines regarding alcohol consumption following pregnancy during the time when mothers may be breastfeeding. (go.com)
- A mother who has a glass of wine with dinner or one beer when she goes out is not an issue or a problem," said Marsha Walker, a registered nurse and a member of the board of directors for the Massachusetts Breastfeeding Coalition . (go.com)
- It isn't emphasized at that point in time [postpartum] and the mothers are already overwhelmed," said Walker, but pointed out that the topic can come up prenatally in breastfeeding or childbirth classes. (go.com)
- Dedicated to help mothers to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding. (mass.gov)
- In one study of 50 Western American mothers and 48 Chinese immigrant mothers, almost 70% of the Western mothers said either that "stressing academic success is not good for children" or that "parents need to foster the idea that learning is fun. (wsj.com)
- Undocumented immigrant mothers braced for possible arrests outside the Democratic National Committee headquarters in Washington, D.C. (msnbc.com)
- Police officers arrested several undocumented immigrant mothers who staged a sit-in Monday outside the Democratic National Committee's headquarters to put President Obama and his party on notice for their unfulfilled promises to immigrant groups. (msnbc.com)
- Advocacy groups for DREAMers -- young undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children -- organized the immigrant mothers, who earlier in the day gathered around signs reading "Deportation Party, Breaking Promises and Families" while chanting "no more delays. (msnbc.com)
- From Supernanny to Gilmore Girls , from Katie Price to Holly Willoughby, a wide range of examples of mothers and motherhood appear on television today. (peterlang.com)
- Drawing on questionnaires completed by mothers across the UK, this book sheds new light on the varied and diverse ways in which expectant, new and existing mothers make sense of popular representations of motherhood on television. (peterlang.com)
- I feel that a simple mother-and-baby picture may be better, because that painting seems to suggest royalty/monarchy more than motherhood. (wiktionary.org)
- The Mothers of Invention were an American rock band from California that served as the backing musicians for Frank Zappa. (wikipedia.org)
- Record executives demanded that the name be changed, and so "out of necessity," Zappa later said, "we became the Mothers of Invention. (wikipedia.org)
- With Wilson credited as producer, the Mothers of Invention, augmented by a studio orchestra, recorded the groundbreaking Freak Out! (wikipedia.org)
- A The Mothers of Invention amerikai rock and roll -együttes volt az 1960-as és 1970-es években . (wikipedia.org)
- Mothers' Day pays tribute to the commitments and achievements that mothers make for their families. (timeanddate.com)
- She explained to the writer, that while working in the surgery department of Johns Hopkins Hospital she saw numerous deaths of young people, but what impacted her the most was seeing the pain and suffering from the mothers and their families which persuaded Ms. Millie Brown to begin A Mother's Cry movement. (jhsph.edu)
- By providing support, this advocacy will be able to enhance its movement not only to help mothers and their families, but by becoming a community based foundation to help any and all of those whom have been effected by violence.Please send your support for "A Mother's Cry" Foundation to: Ms. Millie Brown, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N. Broadway/HH819, Baltimore, MD 21205. (jhsph.edu)
- If a woman's own mother bottlefed, she is more likely to go down this route thus making bottlefeeding habitual in many families. (redorbit.com)
- But while their public role has not fundamentally altered the largely male iconography of the police - brutality controversy- that macho world certainly has room for women as grieving mothers- behind the scenes these women and their families have become leaders of a citywide movement. (villagevoice.com)
- The mothers and families will be here. (villagevoice.com)
- The answer is not more government regulation but more choice for families to enable them to choose parental care over childcare where they want to and to relieve some of the pressure mothers are put under to place their children into formal care instead of looking after them at home themselves, especially in the early years. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Mother Company Channel streams live parenting events we host with our many experts discussing emotional and social topics with families. (ustream.tv)
- The researchers used data gathered during the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study, in which 2,338 mothers responded to surveys and interviews periodically, and underwent home observations when their children were 3 years old. (livescience.com)
- Its really about the mothers, but we are also concerned about the restoration of families. (jamaicaobserver.com)
- While twinning sometime runs in families, previous studies have shown environmental factors are more important - factors such as greater health in the mother or childbearing at later ages, which are more likely to produce twins. (psychcentral.com)
- On this Mothers' Day, GLAD celebrates the beautiful diversity of families in our communities. (glad.org)
- On Mothers' Day, and every day, GLAD recognizes all the hard and important work parents do to keep their families safe. (glad.org)
- Many children make hand-crafted presents and cards for their mothers. (timeanddate.com)
- Mother Crow interrupted mother Hawk and said, "But they're my children. (angelfire.com)
- So it was finally settled s the little ones had said: they were the children of Mother Hawk, who had had pity on them in the nest and brought them up. (angelfire.com)
- So Mother crow lost hr children. (angelfire.com)
- The mother of 11 children- five adopted- she praises her husband, "who takes care of the children when I am at rallies. (villagevoice.com)
- Instead, the vast majority of the Chinese mothers said that they believe their children can be "the best" students, that "academic achievement reflects successful parenting," and that if children did not excel at school then there was "a problem" and parents "were not doing their job. (wsj.com)
- The children of working mothers are less healthy than those who stay at home, according to an authoritative study by British researchers. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Almost two out of three mothers with children under five work in Britain with numbers expected to rise, but new research has shown this can affect children's health. (telegraph.co.uk)
- In a study which will cause renewed debate over who have to divide their time between caring for their offspring and going out to work, the researchers found children whose mothers worked were more likely to be driven to school, to watch more than two hours of TV a day, and have sweetened drinks between meals. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Children of mothers who worked full time also ate less fruit and vegetables, the study suggests. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The research, from a team at the Institute of Child Health in London, found although children whose mothers worked full time ate less fruit and vegetables, the link disappeared when looking at mothers who worked part-time, the research showed. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The findings showed that after factors such as mother's education, socioeconomic circumstances and ethnic origin were taken into account, children were 55 per cent more likely to be driven to school if their mother worked 21 hours or more a week. (telegraph.co.uk)
- They were 33 per cent more likely to watch more than two hours of TV a day, than children whose mothers did not work at all. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Lucy Lloyd, director of communications for the Family and Parenting Institute, said the study does not say where the children are being cared for while the mothers are working, whether they are in formal childcare or being looked after by a relative. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Jill Kirby, director for the Centre for Policy Studies said: "The overall picture seems to confirm earlier studies where mothers are more rushed and trying to deal with the demands of working life they are less likely to be able or motivated to ensure their children have a healthy diet and lifestyle. (telegraph.co.uk)
- 82 percent of the surveyed mothers expect to get a gift of some sort from their children, but 15 percent doubted their kids will give them anything at all. (fastcompany.com)
- The Mother Company aims to support parents and their children, providing thought-provoking web content and products based in social and emotional learning for children ages 3-6. (ustream.tv)
- New proof of the remarkable bonds between mothers and their children. (psychologytoday.com)
- While children are clearly capable of forming multiple bonds, the mother bond has long been know to be of primary importance. (psychologytoday.com)
- It's not just mothers' brains that get a boost: Children whose mothers nurtured them most successfully in early ife have brains with a larger hippocampus, the brain structure linked to learning, memory , and spatial navigation. (psychologytoday.com)
- I'm talking about having a personal relationship with Jesus," she said, urging the men of the church to play their role in uplifting the women, the mothers of their children. (jamaicaobserver.com)
- And to all the children, you may not have a good relationship with your mother. (jamaicaobserver.com)
- I had to walk a fine line in not competing with or contradicting their mother, who they saw often, while still treating them exactly as I treated my own children. (metafilter.com)
- Jarvis was reportedly concerned over mothers being neglected by their adult children, according to "Celebrations: The Complete Book of American Holidays," which, curiously enough, is co-authored by the editors of Hallmark Cards. (cnn.com)
- Since 2007, the government had held off on releasing an official estimate of expectant and new mothers who died from causes related to pregnancy and childbirth. (propublica.org)
- The convention, which provided a form of paid leave for mothers immediately before and after childbirth, had been ratified in other European countries, including France, Italy and Denmark. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Many new mothers may have the baby blues after childbirth, which is a fairly normal occurrence that typically lasts less than two weeks. (mass.gov)
- When Is Mothers' Day 2022? (timeanddate.com)
- In 2005, to commemorate the tenth anniversary of Acid Mothers Temple, a new group called Acid Mothers Temple & the Cosmic Inferno was formed, starting their first European tour in June, and consisting of Kawabata, Higashi Hiroshi, Tabata Mitsuru, Okano Futoshi, and Shimura Koji and releasing several albums. (wikipedia.org)
- A lo largo de su carrera han utilizado múltiples variaciones de su nombre, como Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraíso U.F.O., Acid Mothers Temple & the Cosmic Inferno, o Acid Mothers Temple & the Incredible Strange Band. (wikipedia.org)
Happy Mothers Day1
- http://festivdaddy.com/mothers-day/happy-mothers-day-wishes-messages-gre. (selfgrowth.com)
Lives of mothers1
- Women's lives are developing and changing drastically every year - particularly the daily lives of mothers. (fastcompany.com)
Percent of mothers3
- 73 percent of mothers indicated in the FemiNation Poll (which surveyed over 2,000 American moms), said that those two words of gratitude are what they want most on their special day. (fastcompany.com)
- Despite the juggling act most mothers perform daily, over 75 percent of mothers believed that they are doing an above average job, and that they have a harder job now than their own mothers. (fastcompany.com)
- In one study, more than 90 percent of mothers were able to identify their baby by scent alone after spending only 10 minutes with them. (psychologytoday.com)
Found that mothers2
- The researchers surveyed nearly 5,000 parents and found that mothers who received free food or had a difficult time paying their utility bills were nearly 2.5 times more likely to have symptoms that would warrant a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder, compared with those who said they had no trouble paying their bills. (livescience.com)
- A study led by Pilyoung Kim, PhD, now with the National Institute of Mental Health , found that mothers' gray matter volume increased by a small but significant amount in various parts of the brain within months of giving birth. (psychologytoday.com)
- It's every second Sunday in May, when mothers, moms, mamas, and mommies alike are honored with their very own special day! (theonion.com)
- MommysBestFriends.com promises to be the online destination for new mothers, a place where they can share the joys and challenges of parenting with other new moms, and a sanctuary that offers just a little escape from an otherwise very busy life. (prweb.com)
- its the best ppt on slideshare for save the mother earth. (slideshare.net)
- Created by L.A. fashion designer and new mom, Talina Hermann, MommysBestFriends.com is a new social networking site where mothers can share the joys and challenges of parenting with others. (prweb.com)
- Find and share your favorite Mother phrases here. (ewtn.com)
- This Mother's Day, I hope you will join me in celebrating the profound impact our mothers have had on our lives and share my gratitude that we live in a time when neuroscientists can explain the magic of mothers. (psychologytoday.com)
- The design of the Saving Mothers, Giving Life (SMGL) Initiative strives to ensure that every pregnant woman has access to safe normal delivery services. (cdc.gov)
- WHO also reports that women, especially young prospective mothers, may not be fully aware of the health risks when they are about to deliver. (un.org)
- Facebook's decision to throttle our content cost Mother Jones at least $400,000-the same amount we had to cut from our payroll this year. (motherjones.com)
- An earlier study from India found that surrogacy contracts rarely addressed the health and wellbeing of the surrogate mother. (reuters.com)
- Mother Teresa's devotional work among the poor and dying of India won her the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1979. (encyclopedia.com)
- This calling took sharper focus through Mother Teresa's teenage years, when she was especially inspired by reports of work being done in India by Yugoslav Jesuit missionaries serving in Bengal, India. (encyclopedia.com)
- When she was eighteen, Mother Teresa left home to join a community of Irish nuns, the Sisters of Loretto, who had a mission in Calcutta, India. (encyclopedia.com)
- To prepare to work with the poor, Mother Teresa took an intensive medical training with the American Medical Missionary Sisters in Patna, India. (encyclopedia.com)
- 1 There are cases in which an infant is unable to tolerate milk of any kind or in which a mother has certain health conditions that will not allow her to breastfeed. (in.gov)
- These statistics record the distribution of free or subsidised milk to infants, nursing mothers and ante-natal cases. (warwick.ac.uk)
- The Mothers' Milk Bank of Florida (MMBFL) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to accept, pasteurize, and dispense donor human milk by physician prescription primarily to premature and ill infants. (idealist.org)
- While the ideal postpartum abstention from alcohol, since ethanol can move rapidly into the breast milk, lactation experts agree that moderate alcohol consumption by a mother does not pose major threats to an infant. (go.com)
- And for the mother, intoxication can stem milk production, leaving her unable to feed a baby, if necessary. (go.com)
- Lactation experts suggest pumping and freezing breast milk or having formula on hand can be useful if the mother will be drinking. (go.com)
- Mother said it was 'pink eye' and it needed warm milk applications. (bmj.com)
- Professor John Davis pointed this out to me 37 years ago, noting that West Indian mothers at Hammersmith Hospital frequently treated neonatal sticky eye with breast milk. (bmj.com)
- Drunk and drugged driving comes with a cost - and it is one that robs us of mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, spouses and friends. (madd.org)
- Like a New York version of the Argentinian mothers of the disappeared, the mothers and sisters of police - brutality victims have become a ubiquitous and heart-wrenching presence at protests, rallies, and teach-ins. (villagevoice.com)
- In cases where embryos have been frozen already and the de-frosted embryos are being transferred, the surrogate mother is provided with hormone medications to "ready" her womb lining. (medicinenet.com)
King of bi1
- The king of birds said to Mother Crow, "If you really had pity on your little ones, why did you leave the nest for so many days? (angelfire.com)
- And if I stumble, I can always call the person who helped make me the mother that I am today. (huffingtonpost.com)
- But we need to do more to make sure that every mother lives to see her child," she told Africa Renewal . (un.org)
- Mothers who make it to a hospital may have to wait long hours to see a doctor. (un.org)
- Mothers make countless, and many unseen, sacrifices. (fastcompany.com)
- The mothers of Sandra Bland, Joran Davis and Trayvon Martin all say Hillary Clinton's support of gun control legislation and of 'Black Lives Matter' make her the best candidate for president. (msnbc.com)
- Come visit us at www.cbgiftbaskets.com to browse around and see all the wonderful Mother s Day Flowers to choose from to make your Mom feel as special as she is to you. (webwire.com)
- Kawabata initially formed Acid Mothers Temple (originally "Acid Mother's Temple")  with the intention of creating "extreme trip music" by editing and dubbing previous recordings, being influenced by progressive rock, Karlheinz Stockhausen , and krautrock . (wikipedia.org)
- Zappa insisted that they perform his original material, and on Mother's Day in 1964, changed their name to the Mothers. (wikipedia.org)
- The band was renamed the Mothers, coincidentally on Mother's Day. (wikipedia.org)
- Mother's Day is a day for many people to show their appreciation towards mothers and mother figures worldwide. (timeanddate.com)
- Mother's Day begins long before a woman becomes a mother. (wnd.com)
- V. 25 - Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. (ustream.tv)
- Therefore, Mother's Day is an occasion celebrated all over the world to show respect, honor and love to mothers. (selfgrowth.com)
- Lifetime Networks just released data from their FemiNation Poll, a survey on mothers nationwide and their thoughts on Mother's Day, work and life balance and relationships. (fastcompany.com)
- Others proposed the idea first but Anna M. Jarvis of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, created what became Mother's Day after the death of her mother in 1905. (cnn.com)
- I had a special mother - I walked out of the movie 'Mommy Dearest' early on because a coat hanger was my mother's favorite disciplinary tool. (dailystrength.org)
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is a U.S. non-profit group campaigning against drunk driving. (sourcewatch.org)
- It is a fact that no mammal who has birth taken from her [with medication, anesthesia and/or surgery] goes on to nurse easily, or even to mother easily. (google.com)
- A total of 30 per cent (4,030) of the mothers had not worked since the birth of their child but the rest were employed. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Mothers are educated about alcohol consumption prenatally but the sources for information on booze after birth are more scattered. (go.com)
- They are supplied with large amounts of energy by their mothers during gestation, and then receive additional months or even years of care after birth. (newscientist.com)
- A picture that would be more unambiguously about the central/etymological concept (see below) of "mother" might show some animal giving birth or suckling young. (wiktionary.org)
- Also, the use of "mother" to mean "pregnant woman" is different enough from the meaning "a female who has given birth to, or raised young" to require a separate def. (wiktionary.org)
- Whereas someone who's given birth (to live young) is more permanently considered a mother (even if her offspring dies later). (wiktionary.org)
- Forty to 80% of all new mothers may experience the baby blues within the first 10 days following birth. (mass.gov)
- Of those, 4,603 were the mothers of twins and 54,183 gave birth only to one baby at a time. (psychcentral.com)
- One thing I vaguely remember from a history of fairy tales - in the original verbal folklore, a lot of the step-mothers were actually abusive birth mothers. (metafilter.com)
- Consider for a moment that in the original version of Snow White published by the Brothers Grimm, it was her mother-yes, the one who longed for a beautiful child and gave birth to her-who was jealous of her daughter's beauty and became her nemesis. (metafilter.com)
- Az album 1966 júliusában jelent meg, a Mothers pedig turnéra indult. (wikipedia.org)
- For a $5,000 fee, he puts willing "host-mothers" in touch with childless couples and, later, after the baby is born, sees to the legal adoption. (washingtonpost.com)
- Keep up to date with the latest news articles and stories concerning Mother Angelica, EWTN, the Franciscan Friars of the Eternal Word and more. (ewtn.com)
- While it is a legal obligation for employers to regularly review general workplace risks, there is no legal requirement to conduct a specific, separate risk assessment for an employee, once notified in writing that she is a new or expectant mother. (hse.gov.uk)
- If feelings of sadness, anxiety, and worry do not resolve within a few weeks, a mother may be experiencing postpartum depression or other perinatal mood disorders that may require treatment. (mass.gov)
- Mother Jones was founded as a nonprofit in 1976 because we knew corporations and the wealthy wouldn't fund the type of hard-hitting journalism we set out to do. (motherjones.com)
- So, as we ask you to consider supporting our team's journalism, we thought we'd slow down and check in about where Mother Jones is and where we're going after the chaotic last several years. (motherjones.com)
- What I Learned From Losing My Mother When I Was 17 "I know mothers can cause people problems. (nymag.com)
- On this day, people all over the world are celebrating this day and surprise their mother with gifts or take her on beautiful trips, but this year due to the pandemic, the celebrations will be different. (selfgrowth.com)
- While Valentine's Day is often viewed as marketing scheme by the greeting card industry, mothers are people we don't celebrate enough. (fastcompany.com)
- We were not meant to do this mothering gig on our own, people. (beliefnet.com)
- r what was going on in her mind.Keep in mind that mothers are just people, struggling to do the right thing. (neatorama.com)
- Authorities say that Prince's drowning has prompted a closer look at two other deaths of people close to Rams: the still-unsolved shooting of his ex-girlfriend Shawn K. Mason in 2003 and the 2008 death of Joaquin Rams' mother, which was classified a suicide. (yahoo.com)
- This is a form of narcissism that stems from a very close and unhealthy mother-son attachment relationship . (psychologytoday.com)
- Nursing My Mother, the ICU Nurse I have waited all my life for this access to my mother, and I will take her, as she is - distant, forlorn, changed. (nymag.com)
- Celebrate Mother Angelica's remarkable life with photos, milestones, and heartfelt stories of EWTN's beloved Foundress. (ewtn.com)
- Becoming a mother was one of those precise moments in life that leave us permanently altered, our hearts and fates sealed. (beliefnet.com)
- Mother Ship moved me to tears, but it also taught me the unassailable power of decency and kindness when life is at its most fragile and vulnerable. (penguin.co.uk)
- Such determination -- "my mother would call me rebellious" -- has made her life almost unbearable at home, she says. (washingtonpost.com)
- And while Ambron might balk at the title, many in the computer industry are quick to call her the 'mother of multimedia. (wired.com)
- 25 Famous Women on Their Mothers With contributions from Hillary Clinton, Zadie Smith, Taylor Swift, and many more. (nymag.com)
- Of the 50 women who made the list, 20 are mothers. (businessinsider.com)
- It's not just that baking for the bake sale, meeting with the teachers, calling the other mothers about the sleepover and looking at the SAT camp made women of both sorts crazy, turning stress from an occasional noun into an omnipresent verb and adverb. (newsweek.com)