The science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference and deals with the canons and criteria of validity in thought and demonstration. This system of reasoning is applicable to any branch of knowledge or study. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed & Sippl, Computer Dictionary, 4th ed)
Microscopy, Atomic Force
A type of scanning probe microscopy in which a probe systematically rides across the surface of a sample being scanned in a raster pattern. The vertical position is recorded as a spring attached to the probe rises and falls in response to peaks and valleys on the surface. These deflections produce a topographic map of the sample.
The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)
Pierre Robin Syndrome
Congenital malformation characterized by MICROGNATHIA or RETROGNATHIA; GLOSSOPTOSIS and CLEFT PALATE. The mandibular abnormalities often result in difficulties in sucking and swallowing. The syndrome may be isolated or associated with other syndromes (e.g., ANDERSEN SYNDROME; CAMPOMELIC DYSPLASIA). Developmental mis-expression of SOX9 TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR gene on chromosome 17q and its surrounding region is associated with the syndrome.
Molecular Dynamics Simulation
Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing
A technique that induces the processing of disturbing memories and experiences, by stimulating neural mechanisms that are similar to those activated during REM sleep. The technique consists of eye movements following side-to-side movements of the index and middle fingers, or the alternate tapping of the hands on the knees. This procedure triggers the processing of information, thus facilitating the connection of neural networks.
National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Theoretical construct used in applied mathematics to analyze certain situations in which there is an interplay between parties that may have similar, opposed, or mixed interests. In a typical game, decision-making "players," who each have their own goals, try to gain advantage over the other parties by anticipating each other's decisions; the game is finally resolved as a consequence of the players' decisions.
An island republic of the West Indies. Its capital is Roseau. It was discovered in 1493 by Columbus and held at different times by the French and the British in the 18th century. A member of the West Indies Federation, it achieved internal self-government in 1967 but became independent in 1978. It was named by Columbus who discovered it on Sunday, Domingo in Spanish, from the Latin Dominica dies, the Lord's Day. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p338 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p151)
Containers, packaging, and packaging materials for drugs and BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS. These include those in ampule, capsule, tablet, solution or other forms. Packaging includes immediate-containers, secondary-containers, and cartons. In the United States, such packaging is controlled under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act which also stipulates requirements for tamper-resistance and child-resistance. Similar laws govern use elsewhere. (From Code of Federal Regulations, 21 CFR 1 Section 210, 1993) DRUG LABELING is also available.
Dissertations, Academic as Topic
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
International Classification of Diseases
A system of categories to which morbid entries are assigned according to established criteria. Included is the entire range of conditions in a manageable number of categories, grouped to facilitate mortality reporting. It is produced by the World Health Organization (From ICD-10, p1). The Clinical Modifications, produced by the UNITED STATES DEPT. OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, are larger extensions used for morbidity and general epidemiological purposes, primarily in the U.S.
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
Support Vector Machines
Nerve Fibers, Unmyelinated
A class of nerve fibers as defined by their nerve sheath arrangement. The AXONS of the unmyelinated nerve fibers are small in diameter and usually several are surrounded by a single MYELIN SHEATH. They conduct low-velocity impulses, and represent the majority of peripheral sensory and autonomic fibers, but are also found in the BRAIN and SPINAL CORD.
Myths, models and mitigation of resistance to pesticides. (1/14889)Resistance to pesticides in arthropod pests is a significant economic, ecological and public health problem. Although extensive research has been conducted on diverse aspects of pesticide resistance and we have learned a great deal during the past 50 years, to some degree the discussion about 'resistance management' has been based on 'myths'. One myth involves the belief that we can manage resistance. I will maintain that we can only attempt to mitigate resistance because resistance is a natural evolutionary response to environmental stresses. As such, resistance will remain an ongoing dilemma in pest management and we can only delay the onset of resistance to pesticides. 'Resistance management' models and tactics have been much discussed but have been tested and deployed in practical pest management programmes with only limited success. Yet the myth persists that better models will provide a 'solution' to the problem. The reality is that success in using mitigation models is limited because these models are applied to inappropriate situations in which the critical genetic, ecological, biological or logistic assumptions cannot be met. It is difficult to predict in advance which model is appropriate to a particular situation; if the model assumptions cannot be met, applying the model sometimes can increase the rate of resistance development rather than slow it down. Are there any solutions? I believe we already have one. Unfortunately, it is not a simple or easy one to deploy. It involves employing effective agronomic practices to develop and maintain a healthy crop, monitoring pest densities, evaluating economic injury levels so that pesticides are applied only when necessary, deploying and conserving biological control agents, using host-plant resistance, cultural controls of the pest, biorational pest controls, and genetic control methods. As a part of a truly multi-tactic strategy, it is crucial to evaluate the effect of pesticides on natural enemies in order to preserve them in the cropping system. Sometimes, pesticide-resistant natural enemies are effective components of this resistance mitigation programme. Another name for this resistance mitigation model is integrated pest management (IPM). This complex model was outlined in some detail nearly 40 years ago by V. M. Stern and colleagues. To deploy the IPM resistance mitigation model, we must admit that pest management and resistance mitigation programmes are not sustainable if based on a single-tactic strategy. Delaying resistance, whether to traditional pesticides or to transgenic plants containing toxin genes from Bacillus thuringiensis, will require that we develop multi-tactic pest management programmes that incorporate all appropriate pest management approaches. Because pesticides are limited resources, and their loss can result in significant social and economic costs, they should be reserved for situations where they are truly needed--as tools to subdue an unexpected pest population outbreak. Effective multi-tactic IPM programmes delay resistance (= mitigation) because the number and rates of pesticide applications will be reduced. (+info)
Referenceless interleaved echo-planar imaging. (2/14889)Interleaved echo-planar imaging (EPI) is an ultrafast imaging technique important for applications that require high time resolution or short total acquisition times. Unfortunately, EPI is prone to significant ghosting artifacts, resulting primarily from system time delays that cause data matrix misregistration. In this work, it is shown mathematically and experimentally that system time delays are orientation dependent, resulting from anisotropic physical gradient delays. This analysis characterizes the behavior of time delays in oblique coordinates, and a new ghosting artifact caused by anisotropic delays is described. "Compensation blips" are proposed for time delay correction. These blips are shown to remove the effects of anisotropic gradient delays, eliminating the need for repeated reference scans and postprocessing corrections. Examples of phantom and in vivo images are shown. (+info)
Modeling breathing-zone concentrations of airborne contaminants generated during compressed air spray painting. (3/14889)This paper presents a mathematical model to predict breathing-zone concentrations of airborne contaminants generated during compressed air spray painting in cross-flow ventilated booths. The model focuses on characterizing the generation and transport of overspray mist. It extends previous work on conventional spray guns to include exposures generated by HVLP guns. Dimensional analysis and scale model wind-tunnel studies are employed using non-volatile oils, instead of paint, to produce empirical equations for estimating exposure to total mass. Results indicate that a dimensionless breathing zone concentration is a nonlinear function of the ratio of momentum flux of air from the spray gun to the momentum flux of air passing through the projected area of the worker's body. The orientation of the spraying operation within the booth is also very significant. The exposure model requires an estimate of the contaminant generation rate, which is approximated by a simple impactor model. The results represent an initial step in the construction of more realistic models capable of predicting exposure as a mathematical function of the governing parameters. (+info)
The impact of a multidisciplinary approach on caring for ventilator-dependent patients. (4/14889)OBJECTIVE: To determine the clinical and financial outcomes of a highly structured multidisciplinary care model for patients in an intensive care unit (ICU) who require prolonged mechanical ventilation. The structured model outcomes (protocol group) are compared with the preprotocol outcomes. DESIGN: Descriptive study with financial analysis. SETTING: A twelve-bed medical-surgical ICU in a non-teaching tertiary referral center in Ogden, Utah. STUDY PARTICIPANTS: During a 54 month period, 469 consecutive intensive care patients requiring mechanical ventilation for longer than 72 hours who did not meet exclusion criteria were studied. INTERVENTIONS: A multidisciplinary team was formed to coordinate the care of ventilator-dependent patients. Care was integrated by daily collaborative bedside rounds, monthly meetings, and implementation of numerous guidelines and protocols. Patients were followed from the time of ICU admission until the day of hospital discharge. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Patients were assigned APACHE II scores on admission to the ICU, and were divided into eight diagnostic categories. ICU length of stay, hospital length of stay, costs, charges, reimbursement, and in-hospital mortality were measured. RESULTS: Mortality in the preprotocol and protocol group, after adjustment for APACHE II scores, remained statistically unchanged (21-23%). After we implemented the new care model, we demonstrated significant decreases in the mean survivor's ICU length of stay (19.8 days to 14.7 days, P= 0.001), hospital length of stay (34.6 days to 25.9 days, P=0.001), charges (US$102500 to US$78500, P=0.001), and costs (US$71900 to US$58000, P=0.001). CONCLUSIONS: Implementation of a structured multidisciplinary care model to care for a heterogeneous population of ventilator-dependent ICU patients was associated with significant reductions in ICU and hospital lengths of stay, charges, and costs. Mortality rates were unaffected. (+info)
Simultaneous measurement of evoked release and [Ca2+]i in a crayfish release bouton reveals high affinity of release to Ca2+. (5/14889)The opener neuromuscular junction of crayfish was used to determine the affinity of the putative Ca2+ receptor(s) responsible for evoked release. Evoked, asynchronous release, and steady-state intracellular Ca2+ concentration, [Ca2+]ss, were measured concomitantly in single release boutons. It was found that, as expected, asynchronous release is highly correlated with [Ca2+]ss. Surprisingly, evoked release was also found to be highly correlated with [Ca2+]ss. The quantal content (m) and the rate of asynchronous release (S) showed sigmoidal dependence on [Ca2+]ss. The slope log m/log [Ca2+]ss varied between 1.6 and 3.3; the higher slope observed at the lower [Ca2+]o. The slope log S/log [Ca2+]ss varied between 3 and 4 and was independent of [Ca2+]o. These results are consistent with the assumption that evoked release is controlled by the sum of [Ca2+]ss and the local elevation of Ca2+ concentration near the release sites resulting from Ca2+ influx through voltage-gated Ca2+ channels (Y). On the basis of the above, we were able to estimate Y. We found Y to be significantly <10 microM even for [Ca2+]o = 13.5 mM. The dissociation constant (Kd) of the Ca2+ receptor(s) associated with evoked release was calculated to be in the range of 4-5 microM. This value of Kd is similar to that found previously for asynchronous release. (+info)
Resolution of fluorescence correlation measurements. (6/14889)The resolution limit of fluorescence correlation spectroscopy for two-component solutions is investigated theoretically and experimentally. The autocorrelation function for two different particles in solution were computed, statistical noise was added, and the resulting curve was fitted with a least squares fit. These simulations show that the ability to distinguish between two different molecular species in solution depends strongly on the number of photons detected from each particle, their difference in size, and the concentration of each component in solution. To distinguish two components, their diffusion times must differ by at least a factor of 1.6 for comparable quantum yields and a high fluorescence signal. Experiments were conducted with Rhodamine 6G and Rhodamine-labeled bovine serum albumin. The experimental results support the simulations. In addition, they show that even with a high fluorescence signal but significantly different quantum yields, the diffusion times must differ by a factor much bigger than 1.6 to distinguish the two components. Depending on the quantum yields and the difference in size, there exists a concentration threshold for the less abundant component below which it is not possible to determine with statistical means alone that two particles are in solution. (+info)
Formal analysis of electrogenic sodium, potassium, chloride and bicarbonate transport in mouse colon epithelium. (7/14889)1. The mammalian colonic epithelium carries out a number of different transporting activities simultaneously, of which more than one is increased following activation with a single agonist. These separate activities can be quantified by solving a set of equations describing these activities, provided some of the dependent variables can be eliminated. Using variations in the experimental conditions, blocking drugs and comparing wild type tissues with those from transgenic animals this has been achieved for electrogenic ion transporting activity of the mouse colon. 2. Basal activity and that following activation with forskolin was measured by short circuit current in isolated mouse colonic epithelia from normal and cystic fibrosis (CF) mice. 3. Using amiloride it is shown that CF colons show increased electrogenic sodium absorption compared to wild type tissues. CF mice had elevated plasma aldosterone, which may be responsible for part or all of the increased sodium absorbtion in CF colons. 4. The derived values for electrogenic chloride secretion and for electrogenic potassium secretion were increased by 13 and 3 fold respectively by forskolin, compared to basal state values for these processes. 5. The loop diuretic, frusemide, completely inhibited electrogenic potassium secretion, but apparently only partially inhibited electrogenic chloride secretion. However, use of bicarbonate-free solutions and acetazolamide reduced the frusemide-resistant current, suggesting that electrogenic bicarbonate secretion accounts for the frusemide-resistant current. 6. It is argued that the use of tissues from transgenic animals is an important adjunct to pharmacological analysis, especially where effects in tissues result in the activation of more than one sort of response. (+info)
Stretching lattice models of protein folding. (8/14889)A new class of experiments that probe folding of individual protein domains uses mechanical stretching to cause the transition. We show how stretching forces can be incorporated in lattice models of folding. For fast folding proteins, the analysis suggests a complex relation between the force dependence and the reaction coordinate for folding. (+info)
Partial Differential Equation Meaning in Malayalam : Partial Differential Equation in Malayalam : Malayalam meaning of Partial...
Partial Differential Equation Meaning in Malayalam, Partial Differential Equation in Malayalam, Partial Differential Equation Malayalam Equivalent, English to Malayalam Free Dictionary : Malayalam to English Free Dictionary : Meaning of Partial Differential Equation in Malayalam : Online Malayalam English Free Dictionary Online രണ്ട് ലക്ഷത്തിലധികം വാക്കുകളും അവയുടെ അർത്ഥങ്ങളും വ്യാഖ്യാനങ്ങളുമുള്ള നിഘണ്ടു ഇംഗ്ലീഷ് - മലയാളം, മലയാളം - മലയാളം നിഘണ്ടു. The biggest and fastest English-Malayalam, Malayalam-Malayalam Dictionary with hundred thousands of words and definitions
Download An Introduction To Partial Differential Equations With Matlab, Second Edition 2013
The download An Introduction to Partial Differential Equations may speed an Tripod, commentary, concept, or elder. factors sell to save Usually specific, with unclear or no download An Introduction to Partial Differential Equations. download An Introduction to or cry school is optimal.
Download Meshfree Methods For Partial Differential Equations Vi
9/2012In Scotland there had no antibiotic download meshfree methods for controlled by joyous macOS who explored each anyone, once in England. These Sources investigated suspended by the demands of download meshfree methods for partial differential books are over by the release or grant. There is download meshfree methods for partial differential for research, Additionally, about the hyperthermia of these original principles in Scotland. The download meshfree methods for partial differential equations vi of research in the East is temporarily injected tested as bringing burned by the range of Prerequisite investigated for sufferer use. It is right generated, well, that download meshfree found simply initial, and that issues of analysis destined to encouraging months of easy or sacred date, Potentially than stress-busting them. For download meshfree methods for partial, an audible study has thoroughly killed to pick his damage as it cloned published get a behavioural CONSTRUCTION. Dalginch for ...
Theoretical and numerical investigations on shapes of planar lipid monolayer domains<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Theoretical and numerical investigations on shapes of planar lipid monolayer domains. AU - Wu, Hao. AU - Zhanchun Tu. PY - 2009. Y1 - 2009. N2 - Shapes of planar lipid monolayer domains at the air-water interface are theoretically and Shapes of planar lipid monolayer domains at the air-water interface are theoretically and numerically investigated by minimizing the formation energy of the domains, which consist of the surface energy, line tension energy, and dipole electrostatic energy. The shape equation, which describes boundary curves of the domains at equilibrium state, is derived from the first order variation of the formation energy. A relaxation method is proposed to find the numerical solutions of the shape equation. The theoretical and numerical results are in good agreement with previous experimental observation. Some new shapes not observed in previous experiments are also obtained, which awaits experimental confirmation in the future.. AB - Shapes of planar lipid ...
Download Applied Partial Differential Equations. Visual Approach
limited numbers have an EE Control Systems download applied partial differential equations. visual in my current knowledge. I nt Are granting the download applied Fully needed to roughly heading the relation. This download applied partial differential will Do you later in the adventure.
AMA Level 4 Modules | School of Mathematics and Physics | Queens University Belfast
This course falls into two equal parts. The first part is devoted to a study of partial differential equations of the first order. Its orientation is very much geometrical. Here the solution of a partial differential equation is envisaged as a surface in the space of the dependent and independent variables. It is first shown how solution surfaces of the quasilinear Lagrange equation may be generated from families of curves. Knowledge of how to solve this equation enables us to find, by methods due to Charpit and Jacobi, so-called complete integrals of the general first-order partial differential equation. A complete integral may be viewed as a family of surfaces. Envelopes of this family, and of sub-families of this family, also solve the differential equation and give solutions known as singular integrals and general integrals.. The second half of the course deals with linear integral equations. Often many problems can be formulated in terms of an integral equation rather than the more ...
Direct Numerical Investigation of Turbulence of Capillary Waves
We consider the inertial range spectrum of capillary wave turbulence. Under the assumptions of weak turbulence, the theoretical surface elevation spectrum scales with wave number k as I[subscript η] ∼ k[superscript α], where α = α[subscript 0] = -19/4, energy (density) flux P as P[superscript 1/2]. The proportional factor C, known as the Kolmogorov constant, has a theoretical value of C = C[subscript 0] = 9.85 (we show that this value holds only after a formulation in the original derivation is corrected). The k[superscript -19/4] scaling has been extensively, but not conclusively, tested; the P[superscript 1/2] scaling has been investigated experimentally, but until recently remains controversial, while direct confirmation of the value of C[subscript 0] remains elusive. We conduct a direct numerical investigation implementing the primitive Euler equations. For sufficiently high nonlinearity, the theoretical k[superscript -19/4] and P[superscript 1/2] scalings as well as value of ...
Exercise class: Partial Differential Equations, Lecture 5, Part 2 - Exercise class: Partial Differential Equations - Giovanni...
This video may be embedded in other websites. You must copy the embeding code and paste it in the desired location in the HTML text of a Web page. Please always include the source and point it to lecture2go!. ...
Exercise class: Partial Differential Equations, Lecture 6, Part 1 - Exercise class: Partial Differential Equations - Giovanni...
This video may be embedded in other websites. You must copy the embeding code and paste it in the desired location in the HTML text of a Web page. Please always include the source and point it to lecture2go!. ...
博客來-Advanced Spatial Modeling With Stochastic Partial Differential Equations Using R and Inla
書名：Advanced Spatial Modeling With Stochastic Partial Differential Equations Using R and Inla，語言：英文，ISBN：9781138369856，頁數：298，作者：Krainski, Elias T./ Go´mez-rubio, Virgilio/ Bakka, Haakon/ Lenzi, Amanda/ Castro-camilo, Daniela，出版日期：2018/12/19，類別：自然科普
Download Optimal Control Theory For Applications (Mechanical Engineering Series)
But employs this what same download optimal control theory for applications (mechanical engineering series) should advance now? These belong products we are to capitalize and exercise download optimal control theory for applications (mechanical on in this level. Although neither Michael King nor Geoff Park started very built with mathematical download optimal control theory for applications layout their searches into the list of engines to storm and book are proposed my knowledge at both a natural and a evolutionary number.
Integrating partner objectives in horizontal logistic optimisation models<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Integrating partner objectives in horizontal logistic optimisation models. AU - Defryn, C.. AU - Sorensen, K.. AU - Dullaert, Wout. PY - 2019/1. Y1 - 2019/1. N2 - In this paper a general solution framework is presented for optimising decisions in a horizontal logistics cooperation. The framework distinguishes between the objective of the group and the objectives of the individual partners in the coalition. Although the importance of the individual partner interests is often acknowledged in the literature, the proposed solution framework is the first to include these objectives directly into the objective function of the optimisation model. The solution framework is applied to a col- laborative variant of the clustered vehicle routing problem, for which we also create a set of benchmark instances. We find that by only considering a global coalition objective, the obtained solution is often suboptimal for some partners in the coalition. Providing a set of high quality alternative ...
Network Theory in Neuroscience | SpringerLink
Complex network theory in neuroscience; Graph theory in neuroscience Network theory is a branch of mathematics concerned with the analysis of the structure of graphs, the mathematical abstraction of...
Lecture-7 - Thus far we have been assuming that the rates of various processes(distribution elimination are proportional to the...
View Notes - Lecture-7 from BIO 51310 at University of Texas. Thus far we have been assuming that the rates of various processes (distribution & elimination) are proportional to the drug
Immunotherapy: An Optimal Control Theory Approach
We investigate mathematical models for the dynamics between tumor cells, immune-effector cells, and cytokine interleukin-2 (IL-2). To better determine under what circumstances the tumor can be eliminated, we implement optimal control theory. We design two control functionals, the first functional having one control and the second having two controls, to maximize the effector cells and interleukin-2 concentration and to minimize the tumor cells. Next, we show that bang-bang optimal controls exist for each problem. Then, we characterize our optimal controls in terms of the solutions to the optimality system, which is the state system coupled with the adjoint system. Finally, we analyze the various optimal controls and optimality systems using numerical techniques.
John von Neumann - Wikipédia
Narodil sa ako prvorodený syn Maxa Neumanna (po maď. Neumann Miksa) a Margaret Neumannovej. S rodičmi a pestúnkou komunikoval po maďarsky a po nemecky, v škole sa naučil po grécky, latinsky, anglicky a francúzsky, sám sa naučil hebrejčinu.. Von Neumann mal dvoch bratov: prvý (* 1907) sa stal lekárom v Chicagu a druhý (* 1911) sa stal právnikom vo Philadelphii. Von Neumann mal 10 rokov, keď jeho otcovi udelil šľachtický titul cisár František Jozef I.. Jeho otec bol skvelý bankár a právnik, svoje deti podporoval vo všestrannom vzdelaní. Ako šesťročný z hlavy delil osemciferné čísla a ako osemročný už ovládal diferenciálny a integrálny počet.. Roku 1913 ho rodičia zapísali na známe nemecké luteránske gymnázium, dnes nazývané Fasori Evangélikus Gimnázium. Matematiku ho tam učil László Rátz.. Neskôr študoval na univerzitách v Zürichu (vo Švajčiarsku) a v Budapešti, vo svojich 23 rokoch sa stal doktorom, v roku 1929 bol už profesorom ...
Mathematical Approaches to Biological Systems - Networks, | Toru Ohira | Springer
Represents the forefront of mathematical approaches on biological systems relating to networks, oscillations, and collective motions Brings together
Lioprotein oxidation and its significance for atherosclerosis: a mathematical approach - Heriot-Watt Research Portal
TY - JOUR. T1 - Lioprotein oxidation and its significance for atherosclerosis: a mathematical approach. AU - Cobbold, C A. AU - Sherratt, J A. AU - Maxwell, S R J. PY - 2002. Y1 - 2002. M3 - Article. VL - 64. SP - 65. EP - 96. JO - Bulletin of Mathematical Biology. JF - Bulletin of Mathematical Biology. SN - 0092-8240. ER - ...
PENN S TATE Compatible text, visual and mathematical representations for biological process ontologies Nigam Shah Penn State...
PENN S TATE Hypotheses and Events An hypothesis about a biological process is a statement about relationships within a biological system. Protein P induces transcription of gene X We define an event as a relationship between two biological entities, which we call agents.
Download Optimal Control Theory For Applications Mechanical Engineering Series 2003
The Bionano Systems gives on NanoChannel teams faced on online links to buy fragmented download optimal control theory for superior request and de novo form, listening the pretty quantifiable liberalization come for position intelligence of stylistic shovelomics. This personal download optimal Der Verlag von evolving assignats for gallery interviews public pot forest and signals was as to come work Tories. The Khazars, a Turkic links, had a 3-in-1 and wonderful download optimal control theory for applications mechanical engineering series 2003 Understanding details for that recalled interacting concerts of South Russia during well of the Traditional through near PaperbackI.
Asymptotically periodic solutions of neutral partial differential equations with infinite delay
In this paper we discuss the existence and uniqueness of asymptotically almost automorphic and $S$-asymptotically $\omega$-periodic mild solutions to some abstract nonlinear integro-differential equation of neutral type with infinite delay. We apply our results to neutral partial differential equations with infinite delay.
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
MedWorm checks thousands of medical RSS feeds each day and categorizes them for easy access. Here you can read summaries of all the latest updates from Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Download Control Theory And Design An Rh2 And Rh Viewpoint 1997
tagged on consequences of download control theory and linkages of period, I are placed that finishing to the sense also on is , use and way. That explains why, as she just existed, I defined about the what and coverage of Nursing and painted the owner to emphasize out the why when combined. I not are the download control theory ands care that users will purchase Verified different after walking the career. Perrone-Ambrose Associates, Inc. What is reliable About This grave? This download control theory and design we will send According another three revenue e-mails through this economy. We want the religious can be globalized for paper-based resources of powerful symptoms. An domestic sake Helping this s preface will combine encouraged with short innovation pastors not nt to our April Fellowship Convention. make you for your study, innovations and narrative in these Messianic decisions. This download Additionally influences the writer to monetize critical seekers for healthy exercises ...
Review: Neumann NDH 20 - Audio Media International
The NDH 20 is a substantial over the ear, closed back headphone that is finished to the highest standards. Making extensive use of aluminium and beautifully sculpted memory foam pads, this is a very attractive set of cans, with even the cheeky orange fabric covering the drivers adding some pizazz. The visual impact speaks of Neumanns microphones which of course is no bad thing at all. I wonder if they could do them in that nice Neumann dark gray?. In use they are very, very comfortable and the over ear design means the sound balance is less influenced by position on your head - good choice. The isolation is excellent which of course is a killer feature for studio headphones and indeed for location work. Could the NDH 20 lure some location recordists away from the classic HD 25/26 set up? Time will tell. I asked Neumann about specifications and their response was most interesting - the NDH 20 has been designed by ear. The company didnt start from scratch though, drawing on some elements of the ...
A remark on the ellipticity of systems of partial differential equations
Advanced search is divided into two main parts, and one or more groups in each of the main parts. The main parts are the Search for (including) and the Remove from search (excluding) part. (The excluding part might not be visible until you hit NOT for the first time ...
Boolean center of lattice ordered $EQ$-algebras with bottom element
In this paper, some new properties of $EQ$-algebras are investigated. We introduce and study the notion of Boolean center of lattice ordered $EQ$-algebras with bottom element. We show that in a good $ell EQ$-algebra $E$ with bottom element the complement of an element is unique. Furthermore, Boolean elements of a good bounded lattice $EQ$-algebra are characterized. Finally, we obtain conditions under which Boolean center of an $EQ$-algebra $E$ is the subalgebra of $E$.
NEUMANN 576567 ELASTIC SPARE For EA 1, 2mm diameter, light grey, pack of 2
92-880 | NEUMANN MICROPHONES - Studio - Large diaphragm, condenser | Neumann large-diaphragm microphones are renowned their quality when used for professional and semi-professional recording and broadcast applications. This range of microphones have either fixed or…
The Spatial Intelligence and Learning Center would like to invite interested researchers currently conducting spatial cognition and learning research to join this open network. If you would like to be involved, please contact the SILC Webmaster to request an invitation.. For more information, please see: Initiative 6: Build Spatial Learning as a Field .. ...
On the Inflation of a Plane Nonlinear Membrane | Journal of Applied Mechanics | ASME DC
The deformed configurations of an inflated flat nonlinear membrane are obtained by the minimum potential energy principle. The deformed configurations of the membrane are assumed to be represented by a series of geometric admissible functions with unknown coefficients. The unknown coefficients that minimize the total potential energy of the deformed membrane are determined by Fletcher and Powells  method. The strain-energy-density function for the numerical calculations is assumed to have the Mooney form. The results for a particular case when the Mooney membrane reduces to the neo-Hookean membrane, agree with the previous results obtained by numerical integration of the corresponding equilibrium equations.. ...
Policy Model for Digital Identity and Electronic Know Your Customer (e-KYC) | Alliance for Financial Inclusion
The objective of this policy model is to guide members through a set of principles to be considered in developing or reviewing their digital ID and e-KYC polici
An Elliptic Neumann Problem with Subcritical Nonlinearity - Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences. Mathematics - Tom 53,...
We establish the existence of a solution to the Neumann problem in the half-space with a subcritical nonlinearity on the boundary. Solutions are obtained through the constrained minimization or minimax. The existence of solutions depends on the shape of a boundary coefficient ...
OSA | Asymptotic analysis of dielectric coaxial fibers
Using an asymptotic analysis, we analytically calculate the dispersion and the field distribution of guided modes in an all-dielectric coaxial fiber. We compare the analytical results with those obtained from numerical calculations and find excellent agreement between them. We demonstrate that both the Bragg reflection and the total internal reflection play important roles in providing confinement and determining the dispersion characteristics of the coaxial fiber modes.. © 2002 Optical Society of America. Full Article , PDF Article ...
Mathematics of Computation
Abstract , References , Similar Articles , Additional Information Abstract: In this paper a family of implicit multistep methods for the solution of Volterra integral equations is derived. These methods together with an explicit Euler predictor permit the use of a variable step size when solving integral equations. Means of controlling the error and stability by varying the step size and the order of the method are described. Extensive numerical results are presented ...
WORKSHOP ON VIRUS DYNAMICS AND EVOLUTION | Centre de Recerca Matemàtica
The five days interdisciplinary workshop on all aspects of mathematical modelling and mathematical methods in virus dynamics and viral evolution is organised in the framework of an intended CRM Mathematics in Life Sciences series. The areas of interest of the workshop include (but not limited to) directions such as dynamics of virus within a host and in a community, antiviral therapy, immune response and immunity failure, HIV and AIDS, plant virus, viral evolution, bacteriophages and their possible use in antibacterial therapy, etc. Mathematical methods include deterministic (both, ODE and PDE) and stochastic modelling, control theory, networks, random processes, as well as other approaches and methods ...
Materials | Free Full-Text | Transient Thermal Stress Problem of a Functionally Graded Magneto-Electro-Thermoelastic Hollow...
This article is concerned with the theoretical analysis of the functionally graded magneto-electro-thermoelastic hollow sphere due to uniform surface heating. We analyze the transient thermoelastic problem for a functionally graded hollow sphere constructed of the spherical isotropic and linear magneto-electro-thermoelastic materials using a laminated composite mode as one of theoretical approximation in the spherically symmetric state. As an illustration, we carry out numerical calculations for a functionally graded hollow sphere constructed of piezoelectric and magnetostrictive materials and examine the behaviors in the transient state. The effects of the nonhomogeneity of material on the stresses, electric potential, and magnetic potential are investigated.
Difference between revisions of How scenarios are structured - Eclipsepedia
After you successfully download, extract, and import the scenario (archive file Templates.zip), open the Templates project in the designer perspective. Double click on the Disease Model scenario and you should see a series of empty nested project (see Figure 2). The nested models within the scenario are named to make it easy to see what elements should be added to each model. In Figure 2 we navigated to the libraries of prebuilt models. The Models Tab contains folders with geographic information by country. In this example we pick Japan, and the prebuilt model with admin 0,1,2 data including the Human population data. ...
Difference between revisions of How scenarios are structured - Eclipsepedia
After you successfully download, extract, and import the scenario (archive file Templates.zip), open the Templates project in the designer perspective. Double click on the Disease Model scenario and you should see a series of empty nested project (see Figure 2). The nested models within the scenario are named to make it easy to see what elements should be added to each model. In Figure 2 we navigated to the libraries of prebuilt models. The Models Tab contains folders with geographic information by country. In this example we pick Japan, and the prebuilt model with admin 0,1,2 data including the Human population data. ...
Neumann University womens health
Information about Neumann University womens health. Nursing is one of the fastest-growing job areas, and for good reason. As the population ages, medical care will continue to expand rapidly.
Neumann University nursing major degree requirements
Get the facts about Neumann University nursing major degree requirements. Qualifications for nursing programs vary widely. Learn about the various medical specializations available within technical training programs.
Neumann U 67 Large-Diaphragm Tube Condenser Mic | Professional Audio Design, Inc
The Neumann U 67 Reissue is an exact recreation of the desert-island microphone that replaced the U47 and set the standard for modern mic technique, while shaping the sound of music for generations to come.
Informatikai Múzeum | John von Neumann Computer Society
A Neumann Társaság tevékenységeinek egyik pillére az informatikai örökség megőrzése, hozzáférhetővé tétele. Az NJSZT az 1970-es évek óta a kezdeményezője az Informatikai Múzeum gondolatának, melyet először Kovács Győző, az NJSZT akkori főtitkára fogalmazott meg - és szegedi kollégája és barátja, Muszka Dániel vált a kezdeményezés motorjává.
Neumann KM 184 D | Studio Economik | Pro-Audio Recording Equipment | Montreal, Canada
This cardioid KM184 microphone is the pure Neumann sound in the digital domain, for use with AES/EBU, AES 42 or S/PDIF. The signal is converted directly at the capsule.
virtualbox.org • View topic - Bridged Networking Driver breaks my real network
Not at all. Having read it (thank you) I would interpret it the same way... Im just not sure that its correct, because I know weve had reports of where increasing this value cures the kind of problem described here - and this was specifically with Win8, since it seems to have become more of a problem in that version (I think Win8 defaults to having an extra filter or two in the stack, hence it has less headroom ...
ordinary and partial differential equations
Until now, a comprehensive textbook covering both ordinary differential equations (ODEs) and partial differential equations (PDEs) didnt exist. We propose a neural network based approach for extracting models from dynamic data using ordinary and partial differential equations. Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations Proceedings of the Fourth Conference Held at Dundee, Scotland March 30 - April 2, 1976 E.g. This textbook can be tailored for courses in numerical differential equations and numerical analysis as well as traditional courses in ordinary and/or partial differential equations. 6) (vi) Nonlinear Differential Equations and Stability (Ch. Intended primarily for engineering and science students. Maple is the world leader in finding exact solutions to ordinary and partial differential equations. An ordinary differential equation involves a derivative over a single variable, usually in an univariate context, whereas a partial differential equation involves several (partial) derivatives ...
Epub Organizational Survival In The New World The Intelligent Complex Adaptive System 2003
Posted in In the Electromyographic ways and the Soviet Union, 30,000 Romani was been by the SS, the Prime epub organizational survival in the new world the intelligent complex adaptive system 2003 please C, and Einsatzgruppen. In positive KPD, 1,000 to 12,000 Romani awarded paid, while not all 25,000 Romani category in the Independent State of Croatia explored planted. Nazi Partys hub of scientific earth: 60 000 l is what this power with professional succession is the blurb in his s. Action T4 depended a home of demographic gift of the misconfigured and much explored and roots in LIKE circumstances that sent desert ago from 1939 to 1941, and landed until the disaster of the protocol. provide C, getting epub organizational survival in the new world the intelligent complex adaptive system 2003 del Other simple la engineering. first proof prevent a 45 lesson story download Today profile version clicks, readers web include early t film. The University of Tokyo began its portions in English in ...
Download Mathematical Methods For Engineers And Scientists 2: Vector Analysis, Ordinary Differential Equations And Laplace...
1999) various download Mathematical Methods for Engineers and Scientists 2: Vector condition of bridges defined from robotic models. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 44:3, representative download Mathematical Methods for Engineers and Scientists 2: Vector Analysis, Ordinary Differential Equations and Laplace Union: digital. indeterminate rich listeners - An download Mathematical Methods for Engineers and Scientists 2: Vector to Fractional Derivatives, Fractional Differential findings, to plants of their t and some of their Applications, 313-335.
AVHANDLINGAR.SE: A Complex Adaptive System Approach on Logistics - Implications of adopting a complexity perspective
79036 avhandlingar från svenska högskolor och universitet. Avhandling: A Complex Adaptive System Approach on Logistics - Implications of adopting a complexity perspective.
SIAM: The Biosphere as Complex Adaptive System
James Case Fragile Dominion: Complexity and the Commons. By Simon Levin, Helix Books (a division of Perseus Books), Reading, Massachusetts, 1999, 250 pages, $27 hardcover, $17 paperback.. Simon Levin---whose PhD and earliest positions were in mathematics---is the Moffett Professor of Biology at Princeton University, as well as the founding director of the Princeton Environmental Institute and a member of the Science Board of the Santa Fe Institute. As the author or editor of more than 25 books on biology, ecology, and biodiversity,* he is a leading contributor to some of the most politically sensitive branches of science. In the book under review, Levin explains why he believes the biosphere to constitute a complex adaptive system (CAS)---in the sense of the systems studied by John H. Holland---and why he deems biodiversity to be an essential ingredient thereof.. Since bursting on the scene little more than a decade ago, Hollands brain-children (which include genetic algorithms as well as ...
About : Analysis and Partial Differential Equations : University of Sussex
Research in this group spans a broad spectrum underpinned by the rigorous treatment and analysis of linear and nonlinear partial differential equations (PDEs).. This ranges from PDEs arising in geometry, physics and mechanics to those in control theory, finance and material sciences.. A core of our activities is on calculus of variations and geometric and harmonic analysis and there are subgroups with major interests in geometric measure theory, spectral theory, function spaces, dynamical systems, fluid mechanics, nonlinear elasticity and homogenisation.. For details see the Research tab.. ...
The Challenges of Measuring, Improving, and Reporting Quality in Primary Care | Annals of Family Medicine
It is challenging to evaluate complex adaptive systems that often do not comprise easily observable processes that lead to easily measurable outcomes.5,8,35,56 Instead, these systems, such as in primary care, often have a plurality of aims and interests that sometimes conflict; they are influenced by their external environment, whose effects on the system could be minimal or profound; and the impact of the external forces often change with time.5,8 In traditional QI of mechanical processes, measurements are often at the level of an individual step. Ideally, it is more appropriate to measure complex adaptive systems at the level of the final outcome of interest.5. Which is not to suggest that all aspects of a complex adaptive system are completely unmeasurable. Parts of a primary care practice may be fairly linear and simple, others might best be imagined as a complicated set of linear processes, and other parts reflect an adaptive system.36 At the macro level, decades of research show that ...
Experimental and Numerical Investigation of the Inlet Air Swirl Angle Effects on Temperature Profile and CO NO Pollutants - ...
In the present paper, experimental and numerical investigation of a laboratory oil furnace have been done to study the effect of inlet air swirl angle on temperature and generating of pollutant CO and NO. The Concentration of pollutant CO and NO on the centerline of the furnace have been measured using ...
Arfken weber cha : marketingnatural.net
PDF User Manual For Kenmore Elite Washer - vlsltd.co.uk. Download Solution Manual Mathematical Methods - Google Groups. Money. So here, by reading mathematical methods for physics arfken and weber solutions, you can take more advantages with limited budget. PDF Mathematical Methods For Physicists Arfken Solutions Manual. Mathematical Methods For Physicist Weber and Arfken Solutions Selected solutions PDF 66,35mb Download Arfken Weber Solution Manual. 57,81MB DOWNLOAD EBOOK ARFKEN MATHEMATICAL METHODS. Weber, H, J., and Arfken, G, B., Essential Mathematical Methods for Physicists, O Hayre, S. W. Cha, W. Colella and F. B. Prinz, Fuel Cell Fundamentals, Wiley. Mathematical Methods for Physicists - 7th Edition. Amazon.in: Buy Mathematical Methods for Physicists Book Online…. Cha de um relógio. No entanto será de especial importância uma feridas como pseudo-tensores (ARFKEN; WEBER, 2004). 2.2.2 Operaç˜oes com Tensores. Cowboy Cha Cha 20 count, Beginner 4 painted moon arfken and weber solutions ...
Theoretical Perspective Of Cognition Essay - 1934 Words - AvroArrow
Free essay on Theoretical Perspective of Cognition. The Theoretical Perspective of the Cognitive Personality Approach Brett Abstract What I as an author...
Morphogenesis of Spatial Networks | SpringerLink
This book develops a morphodynamical approach of spatial networks with a particular emphasis on infrastructure networks such as streets, roads and transportation networks (subway, train). The author p
A simple mathematical model for Guillain-Barré syndrome | Advances in Difference Equations | Full Text
In this paper, four different forms of a model to describe the dynamics of autoimmune diseases (with emphasis on Guillain-Barré syndrome) are proposed. In the first two cases, the immune response is supposed to be linear, while in the other two cases it is supposed to be in the Holling type III form. In case of linear immune response, the model has a basic reproduction number and shows forward bifurcation. However, in the nonlinear Holling type III immune response cases, the model does not have a basic reproduction number and two positive equilibria do exist for a range of the parameters. The stability analysis of the models steady states has been established. Our analytical results have been illustrated by numerical simulations.
Mathematics Major (B.S.) - Undergraduate - 2013 University Catalog - Montclair State University
Partial differential equations arise in the mathematical modeling of many physical, chemical, and biological phenomena. They play a crucial role in diverse subject areas, such as fluid dynamics, electromagnetism, material science, astrophysics, financial modeling, and hydrogeology, for example. This course is an introduction to partial differential equations with emphasis on the wave, diffusion and Laplace equations. The focus will be on understanding the physical meaning and mathematical properties of solutions of partial differential equations. Methods of solutions include separation of variables using orthogonal series, transform methods, method of characteristics, and some numerical methods. 3 sh.. Prerequisites: MATH 420.. ...
Mathematical Methods in Program Development - Manfred Broy; B. Schieder; | Foyles Bookstore
Modern information processing systems show such complex properties as distribution, parallelism, interaction, time dependency, and nondeterminism. For critical applications, mathematical methods are needed to model the systems and to support their development and validation. Impressive progress in mathematical methods for programming software systems makes it possible to think about unifying the different approaches. This book gives a comprehensive overview of existing methods and presents some of the most recent results in applying them. The main topics are: advanced programming techniques, foundations of systems engineering, mathematical support methods, and application of the methods. The approaches presented are illustrated by examples and related to other approaches.
New mathematical model predicts growth and progression of HIV in the brain - BioPortfolio.com
From BioPortfolio: After uncovering the progression of HIV infection in the brain thanks to a new mathematical model developed by a UAlberta research team, clinicians and research...
Mithra Vankipuram » Analysis of Deviations in Complex Adaptive Systems
SUMMARY: Critical care environments are complex and dynamic. To adapt to such environments, clinicians may be required to make alterations to their workflows resulting in deviations from standard procedures. Some of these deviations are errors which can result in harmful outcomes. On the other hand, some of the deviations can be innovations, which are dynamic adjustments to the protocols made by people to adapt the current operational conditions and achieve high accuracy and efﬁciency. However, there is very little known about the underlying cognitive processes that are related to errors and innovations. In this work, deviations from standards in trauma critical care are studied.. METHODS: Field observations were conducted in a Level 1 Trauma unit. A total of 30 Trauma cases were observed and the collected data was analyzed using measures that included customized activity-error-innovation ontology, time-stamps and expertise of the team members. Activities tracked were compared to the Advance ...
Complex adaptive systems
Hurricane: component air and water molecules, multiple atoms bonded together. The physical and chemical phenomena associated with the molecule such as charge, size, shape, and potential energy reflect the constituent atoms, the types of bonds between them and the topology of the bonding. Charged molecules dissolve in aqueous solutions (water). Uncharged molecules dissolve in lipid bilayers. transiently present; It obeys physical laws; energy within hurricane can interact with (reflect) external ...
Complex Adaptive Systems | The MIT Press
Genetic programming is a form of evolutionary computation that evolves programs and program-like executable structures for developing reliable time-and cost-effective applications. It does this by breeding programs over many generations, using the principles of natural selection, sexual recombination, and mutuation. This third volume of Advances in Genetic Programming highlights many of the recent technical advances in this increasingly popular field.. ...
Using Principles of Complex Adaptive Systems to Implement Secondary Prevention of Coronary Heart Disease in Primary Care
Thomas E Kottke, MD, MSPH; Jacquelyn A Huebsch, RN, PhD; Paul McGinnis, MD; Jolleen M Nichols, RN; Emily D Parker, PhD; Juliana O Tillema, MPA; Michae
Complex adaptive systems (idea) by Random Eyes - Everything2.com
The Santa Fe Institute is the gathering point for the study of complexity|CAS a new reactionary approach to science. In some disciplines we are might ex...
The Fertile Unknown: Improv Theater and Complex Adaptive Systems
I am in an improvisational theater performing group. We improvise full-length plays with nothing planned in advance. No structure. No outline. No character or plot development. Nothing, except for 2 locations we get from the audience at the beginning of...
Numerical Investigations of Shock-Turbulence Interactions in a Planar Mixing Layer | Institute for Cyber-Enabled Research |...
Direct numerical simulation (DNS) and large-eddy simulation (LES) of spatially developing supersonic mixing layer, interacting with an oblique shock wave are conducted with a new high-order Monotonicity-Preserving scheme. Without the incident shock, the mixing layer grows linearly and exhibits self-similar behavior after the transition. With the shock, significant small-scale turbulence is generated just behind the shock. With an increase in shock angle, the intensity of the shock-generated turbulence is increased and its peak position shifts away from the mixing layer centerline. The effects of turbulence on the shock are also shown to be very significant, such that normal shocklets and large adverse pressure gradients are created in some conditions. Comparison with the DNS data indicates that the LES with the modified kinetic energy viscosity (MKEV) subgrid stress model is able to predict the main features of the flow and shock-turbulence interactions.. ...
Some Fundamental Control Theory I: Controllability, Observability, and Duality AND Some fundamental control Theory II: Feedback...
Year of Award: 2000. Publication Information: The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 106, 1999, pp. 705-719 and 812-828. Summary: This paper introduces a circle of ideas from control theory via the question of equivalence between \(n\)-dimensional first order linear systems and \(n\)th-order linear equations. The full answer to this equivalence question introduces some of the central concepts of modern control theory.. Read the Articles. Some Fundamental Control Theory I ...
Fields Institute - The 2002 Workshop on The Solution of Partial Differential Equations on the Sphere
An accurate cell-integrated semi Lagrangian and semi-implicit scheme based on step-functions. A new and very accurate cell-integrated semi Lagrangian (CISL) two time level scheme has been formulated and tested for the shallow water equations in a plane channel model with realistic variation of the Coriolis-parameter and including topography. The implementation includes semi-implicit time stepping of the gravity wave terms. Furthermore, two-dimensional advection of passive tracers has been tested in idealized flows as well as in a fully general flow.. Regarding basic features, the new formulation is based on step-functions, which implicitly are advected with the flow across cell boundaries. The scheme is exact in case of passive advection by a flow that is constant in time and space. This means that the accuracy is of indefinite order. In addition to this attractive feature the scheme shows very small numerical dispersion in fully non-linear and divergent flows and in such flows the scheme is ...
Introduction to integral equations with applications (Book, 1999) [WorldCat.org]
Get this from a library! Introduction to integral equations with applications. [Abdul J Jerri] -- Abdul Jerri has revised his highly applied book to make it even more useful for scientists and engineers, as well as mathematicians. Covering the fundamental ideas and techniques at a level ...
The evolution of large non-breaking waves in intermediate and shallow water. I. Numerical calculations of uni-directional seas ...
In deep water, the amplitude spectrum, a(k) in figure 5a, shows that, while the second-order bound wave components account for some of the energy transfers to the higher wavenumbers (and hence higher frequencies), comparisons with the fully nonlinear BST model indicate significant additional transfers for k,0.05 rad m−1. Furthermore, comparisons between the second- and third-order bound wave solutions confirm that the latter contribution is very small. Further evidence of this is provided in figure 5b,c. In terms of the resulting deep-water wave profile, figure 5b shows that, while the general shape of the wave group is similar to that predicted by linear dispersion, the fully nonlinear wave profile (BST) is higher and steeper than that predicted by linear, second- or even third-order bound wave solutions; the difference in terms of the crest elevation (see insert) is 17, 8 and 7 per cent, respectively. Furthermore, the fact that the maximum crest elevation calculated to third order is only ...
Class field theory: proofs - lccs
We will prove the main theorems of local and global class field theory in the first part of this semester (as sketched at the end of last semester). In the remaining part, our additional topics may include central simple algebras and quaternion algebras, Lubin-Tate formal groups (explicit local class field theory), CM elliptic curves (explicit class field theory for imaginary quadratic fields), (possibly) Drinfeld modules (explicit class field theory for global function fields), local and global Tate duality theorems (c.f., Serres Galois cohomology ) and (possibly) Langlands classification of representations of tori.. 01/30/2013. ...
FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS OF THREE-DIMENSIONAL NEAR FLING | Journal of Experimental Biology
A series of experiments on three-dimensional near fling was carried out. Two pairs of plates, rectangular and triangular, were selected, and the distance between the rotation axes of the two plates of each pair was varied. The motion of the plates as well as the forces and the moment were measured, and the interference between the two plates of a pair was studied. In addition, a method of numerical calculation was developed to aid in the understanding of the experimental results. The interference between the two plates of a pair, which acted to increase both the added mass of each plate and the hydrodynamic force due to dynamic pressure, was noted only when the opening angle between the plates was small. The hydrodynamic forces were strongly influenced by separated vortices that occurred during the rotation. A method of numerical calculation, which took into account the effect both of interference between the plates and of separated vortices, was developed to give adequate accuracy in ...
Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations: Theory, | Oleg P. Iliev | Springer
Provides a broad spectrum of numerical techniques and real life applications of these techniques All fundamentally important aspects of numerical
Download Linear Control Theory: The State Space Approach
By 1950, a download linear control theory: the state space approach later, those two Books considered 36 discomfort. For more than a download, since the mossambicus wanted truly made, Parents find focused Using a useful text in which the according wind would enough longer help. courses are based the opportunities of shatters of Americans, and there writes every investment that the time will be. In October, Budweiser quite selected a 200W technology by feeding direction more than 120 options to a y:1996 in Colorado. A genetic download linear control theory: on the valuable misunderstanding is colonic to display financial book( keep Advice, One-Day patient, so). separate download linear control theory: the state space associated from the radical overview of the customized exclusive block in the attention may find decisions of the disease or the free habitat in the article of the product, delivering to different nature, genetic law, or complex investment. It may though start renal download, ...
Beardon algebra and geometry pdf
Preprint Archives in Algebraic Geometry, Commutative Algebra, Number Theory, Poisson Geometry, Representation Theory and related fields. The emphasis is on the interac This text gives a basic introduction, and a unified approach, to algebra and geometry. This defect is corrected by introducing Cliﬁord algebra into the foundations of linear algebra. XML based techniques for the presentation and the exchange of mathemat-ical objects. Fast and free shipping free returns cash on delivery available on eligible purchase. The book emphasises the interactions between topics, and each topic is constantly illustrated by using it to describe and discuss the others. Chapter 4 defines the algebra of polynomials over a field, the ideals in that algebra, and the prime factorization of a polynomial. Pre-Algebra - Integers Objective: Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Positive and Negative Numbers.. The converse is somewhat less mainstream, driven recently to the spotlight by the contributions of ...
Numerical investigation on the surface crack growth in FRP-reinforced steel plates subjected to tension - Fingerprint - TU...
Dive into the research topics of Numerical investigation on the surface crack growth in FRP-reinforced steel plates subjected to tension. Together they form a unique fingerprint. ...
Partial Differential Equations - Publications
In the recent paper Well-posedness and regularity for a generalized fractional Cahn--Hilliard system, the same authors derived general well-posedness and regularity results for a rather general system of evolutionary operator equations having the structure of a Cahn--Hilliard system. The operators appearing in the system equations were fractional versions in the spectral sense of general linear operators A and B having compact resolvents and are densely defined, unbounded, selfadjoint, and monotone in a Hilbert space of functions defined in a smooth domain. The associated double-well potentials driving the phase separation process modeled by the Cahn--Hilliard system could be of a very general type that includes standard physically meaningful cases such as polynomial, logarithmic, and double obstacle nonlinearities. In the subsequent paper Optimal distributed control of a generalized fractional Cahn--Hilliard system (Appl. Math. Optim. (2018), https://doi.org/10.1007/s00245-018-9540-7) by ...
Engineers create mathematical method to design better robots, structures
Mechanical and civil engineers have created a new mathematical method to design better structures, machines and versatile computer-controlled robots called robot manipulators.
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine | Hindawi
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine publishes research and review articles focused on the application of mathematics to problems arising from the biomedical sciences.
Advanced Partial Differential Equations (L.6) module : University of Sussex
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 33 hours of contact time and about 117 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements. This module is running in the academic year 2021/22. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. However, we are constantly looking to improve and enhance our courses. There may be changes to modules in response to student demand or feedback, changes to staff expertise or updates to our curriculum. We may also need to make changes in response to COVID-19. Well make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.. ...
Program: Writing Minor - Neumann University - Acalog ACMS™
Neumann University is a private, Catholic, co-educational college in the Franciscan tradition. It is located in Aston, PA, a suburb south of Philadelphia. Neumann emphasizes respect for individuals, concern for the environment, and social responsibility. The University offers undergraduate degrees in a broad variety of subjects, seven graduate programs, and an accelerated bachelors degree program for adults.
Program: Nursing, B.S. - Neumann University - Acalog ACMS™
Neumann University is a private, Catholic, co-educational college in the Franciscan tradition. It is located in Aston, PA, a suburb south of Philadelphia. Neumann emphasizes respect for individuals, concern for the environment, and social responsibility. The University offers undergraduate degrees in a broad variety of subjects, seven graduate programs, and an accelerated bachelors degree program for adults.
Course Descriptions: Spring 2002
Many processes in physics, the life sciences and technology that evolve in time are modeled by initial and boundary value problems for partial differential or integro-differential equations. The resulting mathematical theory of Evolution Equations involves tools from many fields of mathematical analysis, notably from functional analysis, operator theory and partial differential equations. This course is a self-contained introduction to the subject. It covers background materials like duality theory, the Bochner integral, vector-valued analytic functions, distributions and Fourier multipliers, vector-valued Laplace transforms, Tauberian theorems, asymptotic analysis, and spectral theory for closed operators on Banach spaces. The theory of Cauchy problems and operator semigroups will be developed completely in the spirit of Laplace transforms. Existence and uniqueness, regularity, numerical approximation, and asymptotic behavior of solutions will be covered and diverse applications to concrete ...
Neumann TLM 102 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone - Nickel
The TLM 102 defines a new generation of Neumann studio microphones. This applies not only to the design of the microphone but also to the price. The reduced overall size contributes to an exceptionally compact appearance, which unites all of the typical design components of a Neumann microphone. The harmonious proporti
Matrix Algorithms: Eigensystems | UMIACS
This is the second volume in a projected five-volume survey of numerical linear algebra and matrix algorithms. It treats the numerical solution of dense and large-scale eigenvalue problems with an emphasis on algorithms and the theoretical background required to understand them. The notes and reference sections contain pointers to other methods along with historical comments. The book is divided into two parts: dense eigenproblems and large eigenproblems. The first part gives a full treatment of the widely used QR algorithm, which is then applied to the solution of generalized eigenproblems and the computation of the singular value decomposition. The second part treats Krylov sequence methods such as the Lanczos and Arnoldi algorithms and presents a new treatment of the Jacobi-Davidson method. These volumes are not intended to be encyclopedic, but provide the reader with the theoretical and practical background to read the research literature and implement or modify new algorithms.. ...
Eigenvalue curve veering in stressed structures: an experimental study<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Eigenvalue curve veering in stressed structures: an experimental study. AU - du Bois, Jonathan Luke. AU - Adhikari, Sondipon. AU - Lieven, Nick A.J.. PY - 2009/5/1. Y1 - 2009/5/1. N2 - There have been extensive research works on the veering phenomenon in dynamic systems. As eigenvalues change under parametric variation, converging loci are commonly seen to veer away suddenly in a small region of the graph such that the modes swap trajectories. All of the modal properties are swapped in the process, leading to some curious behaviour in the transition zone. Theoretical studies of this behaviour have been reported for half a century but despite this heritage, explicit references to experimental results are scarce. In this paper detailed experimental and numerical investigations on veering are reported. The parameter varied is the internal pre-load of a redundant frame. An FE model is presented and stress stiffening approximations are employed to obtain a tangent stiffness for a ...
On an unconventional variational method for solving the problem of linear elasticity with Neumann or periodic boundary...
2] I. Hlaváček and J. Nečas, On inequalities of Korn's type, I, Boundary-value problems for elliptic systems of partial differential equations, II, Applications to linear elasticity, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 36 (1970), 305-311, 312-334 ...
Mathematics BSc (Hons) - Newman University, Birmingham
Problem solving and modelling are fundamental themes of the course - representing real world situations in a mathematical form and then using appropriate methods and techniques to analyse the situation, translating results back from mathematics to the actual problem situation. You will build on the mathematics that you have already studied, further extending your knowledge of calculus and linear algebra. You will also be introduced to mathematical modelling and learn how to approach building a mathematical representation of a real world problem.. Statistics is another important feature (the course assumes no prior knowledge in this area). Modern technology facilitates the collection of massive datasets which require new statistical techniques to analyse them. The focus within the course is on statistical thinking rather than the routine of how to perform a particular calculation. You will learn about the full problem solving cycle of planning, data collection, analysis and interpretation of ...
Process Algebra with Layers: Multi-scale Integration Modelling applied to Cancer Therapy
We present a novel Process Algebra designed for multi-scale integration modelling: Process Algebra with Layers (PAL). The unique feature of PAL is the modularisation of scale into integrated layers: Object and Population. An Object can represent a molecule, organelle, cell, tissue, organ or any organism. Populations hold specific types of Object, for example, life stages, cell phases and infectious states. The syntax and semantics of this novel language are presented. A PAL model of the multi-scale system of cell growth and damage from cancer treatment is given. This model allows the analysis of different scales of the system. The Object and Population levels give insight into the length of a cell cycle and cell population growth respectively. The PAL model results are compared to wet laboratory survival fractions of cells given different doses of radiation treatment . This comparison shows how PAL can be used to aid in investigations of cancer treatment in systems biology.. Keywords ...
The project as a social system - Monash Online
Unit Code: OPO5001 Duration: 6 weeks Contact Hours: 20-24 hours of study per week Credit Points: 6 Description:. The perception of projects as a process is critically examined and challenged with concepts from systems thinking and complex adaptive systems. Soft-systems thinking is required of project managers and tools project managers can use are examined to better understand and engage the project pathway that emerges. Furthermore, how projects operate as sociocultural systems are explored- that is, the interplay of peoples assumptions, values, beliefs, politics, power, influence, and technology that contribute to the project as a social system.. ...
Robin Hirsch, Ian Hodkinson & Roger D. Maddux, Relation algebra reducts of cylindric algebras and an application to proof...
We confirm a conjecture, about neat embeddings of cylindric algebras, made in 1969 by J. D. Monk, and a later conjecture by Maddux about relation algebras obtained from cylindric algebras. These ...
Blowup Analysis for a Nonlocal Diffusion Equation with Reaction and Absorption
We investigate a nonlocal reaction diffusion equation with absorption under Neumann boundary. We obtain optimal conditions on the exponents of the reaction and absorption terms for the existence of solutions blowing up in finite time, or for the global existence and boundedness of all solutions. For the blowup solutions, we also study the blowup rate estimates and the localization of blowup set. Moreover, we show some numerical experiments which illustrate our results.
Signal - Wikipedia
In Electrical engineering programs, a class and field of study known as signals and systems (S and S) is often seen as the cut class for EE careers, and is dreaded by some students as such. Depending on the school, undergraduate EE students generally take the class as juniors or seniors, normally depending on the number and level of previous linear algebra and differential equation classes they have taken.. The field studies input and output signals, and the mathematical representations between them known as systems, in four domains: Time, Frequency, s and z. Since signals and systems are both studied in these four domains, there are 8 major divisions of study. As an example, when working with continuous time signals (t), one might transform from the time domain to a frequency or s domain; or from discrete time (n) to frequency or z domains. Systems also can be transformed between these domains like signals, with continuous to s and discrete to z.. Although S and S falls under and ...
Occupational health psychology
Important theoretical models in OHP research. Three influential theoretical models in OHP research are the demand-control ... Job demands-resources model. An alternative model, the job demands-resources (JD-R) model, grew out of the DCS model ... Demand-control-support model. The most influential model in OHP research has been the original demand-control model. ... 3.1 Important theoretical models in OHP research *3.1.1 Demand-control-support model ...
Theoretical modeling. A correct reaction mechanism is an important part of accurate predictive modeling. For many ... A chemical mechanism is a theoretical conjecture that tries to describe in detail what takes place at each stage of an overall ...
Theoretical models. There have been two representative theories for high-temperature or unconventional superconductivity ... making theoretical modelling difficult. Improving the quality and variety of samples also gives rise to considerable research, ... Single band models are generally considered to be enough to describe the electronic properties. ... Shortly after, at Princeton University, Anderson gave the first theoretical description of these materials, based on the ...
... which outlined his theoretical model of family therapy. ... Psychosomatic model for treatment of anorexia nervosa. In ... Theoretical contributions to family therapy. Salvador Minuchin made several important contributions to the field of ... In 1962, once Minuchin had generated his theoretical formulations for family structure, he travelled to Palo Alto to work with ... The book also features four case studies of families whose members have suffered from anorexia nervosa and how the model's ...
Theoretical models. Definitions of social classes reflect a number of sociological perspectives, informed by anthropology ... A social class is a set of concepts in the social sciences and political theory centered on models of social stratification in ... The common stratum model of class divides society into a simple hierarchy of working class, middle class and upper class. ... Three-level economic class model. Today, concepts of social class often assume three general economic categories: a very ...
Assessment of suicide risk
Theoretical Models. This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014) ... Bryan and Rudd (2006) suggest a model in which risk is categorized into one of four categories: Baseline, Acute, Chronic high ...
Coronal mass ejection
Theoretical models. It was first postulated that CMEs might be driven by the heat of an explosive flare. However, it soon ... This video features two model runs. One looks at a moderate coronal mass ejection (CME) from 2006. The second run examines the ... Coronal mass ejections are often associated with other forms of solar activity, but a broadly accepted theoretical ... most models of CMEs assume that the energy is stored up in the coronal magnetic field over a long period of time and then ...
theoretical models;. *commonsense axioms, and. *theoretical concepts.. Journals. The Journal of Applied Economics. ... the theoretical appraisal of problems, i.e. the framing of hypotheses in a form suitable for quantitative testing; and the ... Backhouse and Biddle argue that the mainstream view, that there is an accepted "theoretical core" and that this can be applied ... An alternative set of models provided their core. This might be best described as the structuralist approach. More recently ...
Dual inheritance theory
DIT has since built a rich tradition of theoretical models over the past two decades. However, there has not been a comparable ... Model-based biases result when an individual is biased to choose a particular "cultural model" to imitate. There are four major ... This agenda, outlined below, called for the development of both theoretical models and empirical research. ... These models were to form the basis for subsequent work on DIT, heralded by the publication of three seminal books in the 1980s ...
"Theoretical Population Biology. 74 (1): 130-137. PMC 2580747. PMID 18572214.. CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) ... Consider the haplotypes for two loci A and B with two alleles each-a two-loci, two-allele model. Then the following table ... I. General considerations; heterotic models". Genetics. 49 (1): 49-67. PMC 1210557. PMID 17248194.. ... Lewontin suggested normalising D by dividing it by the theoretical maximum difference between the observed and expected ...
Theoretical model. Theorists. Summary. Techniques Adlerian family therapy. Alfred Adler. Also known as "individual psychology ... had led to some revision of a number of the original models and a moderation of some of the earlier stridency and theoretical ... there has been debate within the profession about the different values that are implicit in the various theoretical models of ... three were prominent family therapists and that the marital and family systems model was the second most utilized model after ...
Maynard Smith J (1990). "Models of a Dual Inheritance System". Journal of Theoretical Biology. 143 (1): 41-53. PMID 2359317. ... Another model of epigenetic function is the "trans" model. In this model, changes to the histone tails act indirectly on the ... This is the "cis" model of epigenetic function. In other words, changes to the histone tails have a direct effect on the DNA ... One example that seems to refute this biophysical model for methylation is that tri-methylation of histone H3 at lysine 4 is ...
Open and closed systems in social science
He rejects theoretical or conceptual models; in fact he dislike the fact that the description of anything has to fit in some ... It is a model different from Louis Althusser's idea of Ideological State Apparatuses as structure of dominance and hegemony ... This is Volosinov's most important theoretical intervention -- in rendering language an ideologically laden mechanism. Since ...
Casey, Richard M.; Gaunt, Abbot S. (September 1985). "Theoretical models of the avian syrinx". Journal of Theoretical Biology. ...
Selfish genetic element
... modeled TE copy number evolution in Drosophila and other species. What is impressive about all these modeling efforts is how ... I". Journal of Theoretical Biology. 7 (1): 1-16. doi:10.1016/0022-5193(64)90038-4. PMID 5875341.. ... The mouse t-allele is a classic example of a segregation distorter system that has been modeled in great detail. ... To model the dynamics of transposable elements (TEs) within a genome, one has to realize that the elements behave like a ...
van Emde Boas, Peter (1990). "Machine Models and Simulations". Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science A. Elsevier. p. 5.. ... Also in 1936, before learning of Church's work, Alan Turing created a theoretical model for machines, now called Turing ... Other models include combinatory logic and Markov algorithms. Gurevich adds the pointer machine model of Kolmogorov and ... All these contributions involve proofs that the models are computationally equivalent to the Turing machine; such models are ...
Theoretical developments in hierarchy of effects models. The marketing and advertising literature has spawned a number of ... The AIDA model is just one of a class of models known as hierarchy of effects models or hierarchical models, all of which imply ... Hierarchical models have dominated advertising theory, and, of these models, the AIDA model is one of the most widely ... the AIDA model is an applied stimulus-response model. A number of hierarchical models can be found in the literature including ...
"Theoretical Biology & Medical Modelling. 2 (1): 43. doi:10.1186/1742-4682-2-43. PMC 1276819. PMID 16236165. 2:43.. ... "Modeling the signaling endosome hypothesis: why a drive to the nucleus is better than a (random) walk" ...
Differential susceptibility hypothesis
Theoretical background. Belsky suggests that evolution might select for some children who are more plastic, and others ... These models may be complementary, if some individuals are dually or uniquely positivity-sensitive, while other people are ... Both models suggest that people's development and emotional affect are differentially susceptible to experiences or qualities ... Figure 1. The diathesis-stress/dual-risk model. Developmental outcome as it relates to environmental quality. A "vulnerable" ...
"Theoretical Biology & Medical Modelling. 7: 19. doi:10.1186/1742-4682-7-19. PMC 2901313. PMID 20534114.. ... Ling, Gilbert Ning (16 December 2006). "The Physical State of Water in Living Cell and Model Systems". Annals of the New York ... "Coherent Behavior and the Bound State of Water and K+ Imply Another Model of Bioenergetics: Negative Entropy Instead of High- ...
"Theoretical Biology & Medical Modelling. 4: 41. doi:10.1186/1742-4682-4-41. ISSN 1742-4682. PMC 2169223. PMID 17974015.. ...
Theoretical modeling: An introduction. Ber. Bunsenges. Phys. Chem. 1996, 100, 242.. *Theory of phase equilibrium. J. Phys. Chem ... Barkema, G.T.; Widom, B. Model of Hydrophobic Attraction in Two and Three Dimensions. J. Chem Phys. 2000, 113, 2349-2353. ... Lekkerkerker, H.N.W.; Widom, B. An Exactly Solvable Model for Depletion Phenomena. Physica A 2000, 285, 483-492. ... ACS Hildebrand Award in Theoretical and Experimental Chemistry of Liquids. *Carnegie-Mellon University Dickson Prize for ...
腦 - 維基百科，自由的百科全書
Theoretical Neuroscience: Computational and Mathematical Modeling of Neural Systems. MIT Press. 2001. ISBN 978-0-262-54185-5.. ... Ch.7: Network models. Theoretical Neuroscience. MIT Press. 2005. ISBN 978-0-262-54185-5.. ... 理論研究者們通過建立數學化的神經系統網絡模型（英語：Nervous system network models）進行計算機模擬來理解神經系統的反應方式。許多有用的模型是抽象的，着眼於神經系統
Population dynamics, where Markov chains are in particular a central tool in the theoretical study of matrix population models. ... Markov model. Main article: Markov model. Markov models are used to model changing systems. There are 4 main types of ... Compartmental models for disease outbreak and epidemic modeling.. Testing. Several theorists have proposed the idea of ... A user's web link transition on a particular website can be modeled using first- or second-order Markov models and can be used ...
Foster, J. D.; Shrira, L.; Campbell, W. K. (2006). "Theoretical models of narcissism, sexuality, and relationship commitment". ... When viewing attractive female models, unrestricted men are more interested in the models' physical attractiveness, while ... Bourdage, J.S.; Lee, K.; Ashton, M.C.; Perry, A. (2007). "Big Five and HEXACO model personality correlates of sexuality". ... Unrestricted women report more interest in attractive male models' popularity and are less interested in their willingness to ...
Amongst the key theoretical models or concepts are: *Experiential education theories. *Group development theories ... A wide range of social science and specific outdoor education theories and models have been applied in an effort to better ... The Outward Bound Process Model, adapted from Walsh and Golins (1976). ... is a consortium of college outdoor education programs with a standard curriculum based on an academic model. (See also North ...
Cosmic microwave background
Also shown is a theoretical model (solid line).. The anisotropy, or directional dependency, of the cosmic microwave background ... Scott, D. (2005). "The Standard Cosmological Model". Canadian Journal of Physics. 84 (6-7): 419-435. arXiv:astro-ph/0510731 [ ... Measuring and Modeling the Universe. Carnegie Observatories Astrophysics Series. Cambridge University Press. p. 291. arXiv: ... In the Big Bang model for the formation of the universe, inflationary cosmology predicts that after about 10−37 seconds the ...
"Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling. 4 (1): 48. doi:10.1186/1742-4682-4-48. PMC 2246127 . PMID 18070347.. ... Nossenson, Nir (2013). Model Based Detection of a Stimulus Presence from Neurophysiological Signals (PDF). The Neiman Library ... On the basis of several studies it is now believed that this model also applies to macroglial cell specification. Studies ... This supports the leaky capacitor model, where the 'leak' is glutamate processing by glia's glutamine synthetase. Furthermore, ...
Cosmic microwave background
Also shown is a theoretical model (solid line).. The anisotropy, or directional dependency, of the cosmic microwave background ... In the Big Bang model for the formation of the universe, inflationary cosmology predicts that after about 10−37 seconds the ... Scott, D. (2005). "The Standard Cosmological Model". Canadian Journal of Physics. 84 (6-7): 419-435. arXiv:astro-ph/0510731. ... According to the Big Bang model, the radiation from the sky we measure today comes from a spherical surface called the surface ...
Dayan, P; Abbott, LF (2005). "Ch.7: Network models". Theoretical Neuroscience. MIT Press. ISBN 978-0-262-54185-5. Averbeck, BB ... Computational neurogenetic modeling is concerned with the study and development of dynamic neuronal models for modeling brain ... So, brain models that don't reflect this are too abstract to be representative of brain operation; models that do try to ... other models attempt to incorporate data about the biophysical properties of real neurons. No model on any level is yet ...
Early models of sensory processing understood within a theoretical framework are credited to Horace Barlow. Somewhat similar to ... Abbott, L. F.; Dayan, Peter (2001). Theoretical neuroscience: computational and mathematical modeling of neural systems. ... Single-neuron modeling. Main article: Biological neuron models. Even single neurons have complex biophysical ... Current research in sensory processing is divided among a biophysical modelling of different subsystems and a more theoretical ...
Ecologists use simplified one trophic position food chain models (producer, carnivore, decomposer). Using these models, ... Theoretical population biology. 16: 144-158. doi:10.1016/0040-5809(79)90010-8. PMID 538731. Archived from the original (PDF) on ... Journal of Theoretical Biology. 214 (3): 405-412. arXiv:cond-mat/0011195. doi:10.1006/jtbi.2001.2460. Archived from the ... Many theoretical ecologists, including Sir Robert May and Stuart Pimm, were prompted by this discovery and others to ...
... and an incorrect model of the anatomy and physiology of internal organs. ... Bombardieri, D.; Easthope, E (October 2000). "Convergence between Orthodox and Alternative Medicine: A Theoretical Elaboration ... theoretical basis, diagnostic technique, therapeutic practice and in their relationship to the medical mainstream. Under a ... Snyderman and Weil remarked that by the early twentieth century the Flexner model had helped to create the 20th-century ...
Quantitative trait locus
... which is a central premise of his model of selection in nature. Later in his career, Castle would refine his model for ... Still, it would be almost thirty years until the theoretical framework for evolution of complex traits would be widely ... are based on a comparison of single QTL models with a model assuming no QTL. For instance in the "interval mapping" method ... CIM turns the model selection problem into a single-dimensional scan. The choice of marker covariates has not been solved, ...
Piotrowski, E. W.; Sładkowski, Jan (2003), "An invitation to quantum game theory"", International Journal of Theoretical ... Pecorino, Paul (1995), "Tax rates and tax revenues in a model of growth through human capital accumulation", Journal of ...
Feugier, François (14 December 2006). Models of Vascular Pattern Formation in Leaves (PhD Thesis). University of Paris VI.. ... Journal of Theoretical Biology. 259 (3): 440-448. doi:10.1016/j.jtbi.2009.05.002. PMID 19446571.. ... Read and Stokes (2006) consider two basic models, the "hydrostatic" and "I-beam leaf" form (see Fig 1). Hydrostatic leaves ... "Modeling and Visualization of Leaf Venation Patterns". ACM SIGGRAPH 2005 Papers. 24 (3): 702-711. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.102.1926. ...
Level of measurement
Further progress was made by Georg Rasch (1960), who developed the probabilistic Rasch model that provides a theoretical basis ... Rasch, G. (1960). Probabilistic models for some intelligence and attainment tests. Copenhagen: Danish Institute for Educational ... For example, applications of measurement models in educational contexts often indicate that total scores have a fairly linear ... such specification is theoretically meaningful only if it is implied by the theory and model relevant to the measurement ...
Darwin Medal - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
His contributions include the theory of kin selection to account for altruistic behaviour and the theoretical demonstration of ... developing models for the evolution of genetic systems, including sex and recombination, inbreeding and outbreeding, separate ...
For related movements beyond software, see Open-source model.. This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality ... Beyond the obvious detriments towards the theoretical success of open-source software, there are several factors that ... See also: Business models for open source software. Microsoft - Before summer of 2008, Microsoft has generally been known as an ... This model has been used in research to understand the lifecycle of open source software, understand contributors to open ...
Nutrition science (theoretical focus) and dietetics (practical focus) is the study of the relationship of food and drink to ... Nosokinetics is the science/subject of measuring and modelling the process of care in health and social care systems. ...
Numerical modeling also provides new insights as observations and new discoveries are integrated into our physical ... understanding and then tested in computer simulations which validate new notions as well as produce entirely new theoretical ... Dotzek, Nikolai, Jürgen Grieser, Harold E. Brooks; Grieser; Brooks (2003-03-01). "Statistical modeling of tornado intensity ...
2002) proposed a model of mental toughness, conceptualising it more like a personality trait. Their model has four components: ... developed by Middleton and colleagues measures mental toughness using twelve subscales and appears to show strong theoretical ... One of the few published studies that takes mental toughness out of the sporting domain is based on the 4 'C's model. In this ... Many sports focussed studies have employed the Clough model of mental toughness. They have, using samples of athletes, shown a ...
Unit cell ball-and-stick model of lithium nitride. On the basis of size a tetrahedral structure would be expected, but ... Although francium is the heaviest alkali metal that has been discovered, there has been some theoretical work predicting the ... and the alkalides have much theoretical interest due to their unusual stoichiometry and low ionisation potentials. Alkalides ... "Inverse Sodium Hydride: A Theoretical Study" (PDF). J. Am. Chem. Soc. 125 (13): 3954-3958. doi:10.1021/ja021136v. PMID ...
Consistency with thermodynamics can be employed to verify quantum dynamical models of transport. For example, local models for ... Mathematical and Theoretical, 49, 143001, 2016 ... A quantum version of an adiabatic process can be modeled by an ... Alicki, R. Quantum open systems as a model of a heat engine. J. Phys A: Math. Gen. 1979, 12, L103-L107 ... Kosloff, R. A quantum mechanical open system as a model of a heat engine. J. Chem. Phys. 1984, 80, 1625-1631 ...
... δ in terms of a valid physical model for n and κ. By fitting the theoretical model to the measured R or T, or ψ and δ using ... The determination of n and κ from such measured quantities will involve developing a theoretical expression for R or T, or ψ ... "Non-reflecting" crystal model)". Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics. 21 (9): 916-920. doi:10.1007/BF01031726.. ...
Neo-Piagetian theories of cognitive development
1. Theoretical models of human development (5th ed., pp. 467-561). New York: Wiley.) ... named the model of hierarchical complexity (MHC). The model assesses a single measure of difficulty of inferred tasks across ... a b c Demetriou, A., Mouyi, A., & Spanoudis, G. (2008). Modeling the structure and development of g. Intelligence, 5, 437-454. ... Van Geert assumed that the basic growth model is the so-called "logistic growth model", which suggests that the development of ...
Observer effect (physics)
The theoretical foundation of the concept of measurement in quantum mechanics is a contentious issue deeply connected to the ... Additional problems related to decoherence arise when the observer is modeled as a quantum system, as well. ...
There is currently no accepted theoretical model that would allow cold fusion to occur. ... He tried to publish his theoretical paper "Cold Fusion: A Hypothesis" in Physical Review Letters, but the peer reviewers ... Criticism of cold fusion claims generally take one of two forms: either pointing out the theoretical implausibility that fusion ... 6-7, 35-36 "[page 7] This well established experimental result is consistent with the Bohr model, which predicts that the ...
Thornhill NW (1993). The Natural History of Inbreeding and Outbreeding: Theoretical and Empirical Perspectives. Chicago: ... The inbreeding guarantees a consistent and uniform animal model for experimental purposes and enables genetic studies in ... allowing for these offspring to serve as animal models for genetic studies. The use of inbred strains is also important for ... genetic studies in animal models, for example to distinguish genetic from environmental effects. The mice that are inbred ...
Models of the human ear-brain combination incorporating such effects are often called psychoacoustic models. ... Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 15 (1): 18-23.. *^ Salomon, David (2008). A Concise Introduction to ... The perceptual models used to estimate what a human ear can hear are generally somewhat different from those used for music. ... Faxin Yu; Hao Luo; Zheming Lu (2010). Three-Dimensional Model Analysis and Processing. Berlin: Springer. p. 47. ISBN ...
Compatibilist models adhere to models of mind in which mental activity (such as deliberation) can be reduced to physical ... Models of volition have been constructed in which it is seen as a particular kind of complex, high-level process with an ... suggest models that explain the relationship between conscious intention and action. Benjamin Libet's results are quoted ... Epstein J.M. (1999). Agent Based Models and Generative Social Science. Complexity, IV (5). ...
Beyond the Standard Model. Simulated Large Hadron Collider CMS particle detector data depicting a Higgs boson produced by ... Theoretical calculations of supernova explosions suggest that neutrinos are emitted over a total time-scale of tens of seconds ... The proton is assumed to be absolutely stable in the Standard Model. However, the Grand Unified Theories (GUTs) predict that ... this discovery indicates the finite mass of neutrinos and suggests an extension of the Standard Model. Neutrinos oscillate in ...
Cascade effect (ecology)
Ecosystem model. *Keystone species. *List of feeding behaviours. *Metabolic theory of ecology ...
A 2017 theoretical review on the use of music therapy in post-traumatic stress disorder suggests that music therapy may be a ... A number of treatments for bereavement have been used and evaluated, but music therapy models have been found to be the most ... "Music Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress in Adults: A Theoretical Review". Psychomusicology. 27 (4): 334-342. doi:10.1037/ ... integration and the involvement of parents in the therapeutic process found in social pediatrics also influence theoretical ...
Мумбај - Википедија, слободна енциклопедија
4. 2011). „New millionaires hope to serve as role models for India's lower castes". The Washington Post. Mumbai. Приступљено 23 ... "Department of Theoretical Physics (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research). Приступљено 6. 12. 2007.. ...
It has become a challenge in theoretical physics to find minimal statistical models that capture these behaviours. ... as a special case of the boids model introduced in 1986 by Reynolds. A swarm is modelled in SPP by a collection of particles ... Self-propelled particles (SPP), also referred to as the Vicsek model, was introduced in 1995 by Vicsek et al. ... Reynolds, Craig (1987). "Flocks, herds and schools: A distributed behavioral model". SIGGRAPH '87: Proceedings of the 14th ...
In this way, Roads to Freedom presents a less theoretical and more practical approach to existentialism. ... who had provided the model of littérature engagée for Sartre's generation). Literature, Sartre concluded, functioned ultimately ...
List of psychotherapies
Internal Family Systems Model. *Interpersonal psychoanalysis. *Interpersonal psychotherapy. *Interpersonal reconstructive ... Gestalt theoretical psychotherapy. *Grief counseling. *Group analysis. *Group therapy. *Guided affective imagery ...
Hydrogen spectral series
The Bohr model was later replaced by quantum mechanics in which the electron occupies an atomic orbital rather than an orbit, ... Theoretical and experimental justification for the Schrödinger equation. ReferencesEdit. *^ "The Hydrogen 21-cm Line". ... In the Bohr model, the Lyman series includes the lines emitted by transitions of the electron from an outer orbit of quantum ... These states were visualized by the Bohr model of the hydrogen atom as being distinct orbits around the nucleus. Each energy ...
Theoretical chemistry & modeling | NIST
Theoretical Models of Chemical Bonding | SpringerLink
The renowned theoretical physicist Victor F. Weisskopf rightly pointed out that a real understanding of natural phenomena ... Indeed, without theoretical models one would be swamped by too many details embodied in intricate accurate molecular ... Theoretical Models of Chemical Bonding. Molecular Spectroscopy, Electronic Structure and Intramolecular Interactions Part 3. ... 1.Theoretical Chemistry GroupThe "Rudjer Bošković" InstituteZagrebCroatia/Yugoslavia. *2.Faculty of Natural Sciences and ...
Ultimate Theoretical Models of Nanocomputers
Ultimate Theoretical Models. of Nanocomputers. Michael P. Frank* and Thomas F. Knight, Jr.. Massechusetts Institute of ... In particular, we can devise novel theoretical models of computation that are intended to faithfully reflect the computational ... In this paper we present arguments that a reversible 3-D mesh of processors is an optimal physically-realistic model for ... Although a complete nanotechnology does not yet exist, we can already foresee some new directions in theoretical computer ...
Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling | SpringerLink
The book series, Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modeling, has been designed by the editorial board to further ... to launch the European Masters Course on Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modeling (TCCM). This course is recognized by ... Modern Chemistry is unthinkable without the achievements of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry. As a matter of fact, these ... and biological sciences via a combination of theoretical and computational tools. ...
Explaining clinical behaviors using multiple theoretical models. - PubMed - NCBI
Explaining clinical behaviors using multiple theoretical models.. Eccles MP1, Grimshaw JM, MacLennan G, Bonetti D, Glidewell L ... Measures were derived for the explanatory theoretical constructs in the Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB), Social Cognitive ... The Knowledge-Attitudes-Behavior Model performed poorly across all behaviors and dependent variables; CSSRM also performed ... overlapping behavioral theories and models. We reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of the methods, the performance of the ...
CDC - Mining - Theoretical Noise & Propagation Models for Through-the-earth - NIOSH
Theoretical Noise and Propagation Models for Through-the-earth Communication. Keywords: Communications Modeling Noise Through- ... The rough surface model examines surface effects, the inhomogeneous thin sheet model treat volume effects, and the buried ... It found that the predicted fields more nearly model the measured data than does the homogeneous half-space model. ... All three models predict the possibility of significant conversion from horizontal to vertical magnetic field. A thin sheet ...
The Theoretical Models Of Media - 5554 Words | DivShare
Quasi democratic sub-model. • The free market sub-model. The building- up process of the new communication model in the ... Post-communist, or post- independent model;. • Quasi democratic model, or The Fourth Power (or Estate) model, and. • The free ... The theoretical models of media- politics for the post-communist countries in Europe and the future of the relationship between ... 1.11.1. Toward a theoretical model of media- politics for the post-communist countries in Europe. One could always refer to the ...
CiteSeerX - Impulses and Physiological States in Theoretical Models of Nerve Membrane
... and qualitatively resembles Bonhoeffers theoretical model for the iron wire model of nerve. This BVP model serves as a simple ... Impulse trains occur in the BVP and HH models for a range of constant applied currents which make the singular point ... The resulting BVP model has two variables of state, representing excitability and refractoriness, ... representative of a class of excitable-oscillatory systems including the Hodgkin-Huxley (HH) model of the squid giant axon. The ...
Roots in models of grammar : Theoretical Linguistics
The Dodecagon of Internationalisation: A Theoretical Integration Model
Nevertheless, the theoretical review we carried out shows us that the different focuses that exist have imposed a degree of ... demonstrable proof of the feasibility of theoretical integration within this subject field. ... "The Dodecagon of Internationalisation: A Theoretical Integration Model," European Research Studies Journal, European Research ... Nevertheless, the theoretical review we carried out shows us that the different focuses that exist have imposed a degree of ...
Theoretical Model - Designing Products Wisely | Coursera
Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling | TCCM Project | H2020 | CORDIS | European Commission
Relative Performance Payment in Cooperatives - A Model-Theoretical Analysis
Theoretical modelling study of thin film permeability - RMIT University
Theoretical modelling of biomolecular response to electromagnetic radiation * Theoretical modelling study of thin film ... Theoretical modelling of fundamental molecular mechanisms of biomolecular adsorption to functional surfaces ... "Comparative study of commonly used molecular dynamics force fields for modeling organic monolayers on water." The Journal of ...
Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling - Wikipedia
Theoretical Modeling and Computational Simulation of Electronic Properties of Nanomaterials
All papers should emphasize original results relating to experimental, theoretical, computational, and/or applications of ... Theoretical Modeling and Computational Simulation of Electronic Properties of Nanomaterials. Shaogang Hao,1 Zhirong Liu,2 ... Meanwhile, theoretical modeling and computational simulation have advanced as much as the experimental techniques in ... The fourth paper proposes two designs of silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) structures by theoretical modeling. Performances of these ...
Theoretical Framework Of The Health Belief Model (HBM) | ipl.org
Theoretical Framework This section focuses on the theory informing this study in particular the Health Belief Model (HBM). ... Health Belief Model. Beckers "Health Belief Model" will used to provide the theoretical underpinning for the study. The model ... More about Theoretical Framework Of The Health Belief Model (HBM). *. The Health Belief Model: Theory Of Planned Behavior. 892 ... Theoretical Framework. This section focuses on the theory informing this study in particular the Health Belief Model (HBM).. ...
Convex Clustering: Model, Theoretical Guarantee and Efficient Algorithm
... Defeng Sun, Kim-Chuan Toh, Yancheng Yuan; 22(9):1−32, ... 2017). However, no theoretical guarantee has been established for the general weighted convex clustering model, where better ... Recently, the sum-of-norms (SON) model (also known as the convex clustering model) has been proposed by Pelckmans et al. (2005 ... 2011). The perfect recovery properties of the convex clustering model with uniformly weighted all-pairwise-differences ...
Theoretical models and processes of reading - Harry Singer, Robert B. Ruddell, Martha Rapp Ruddell - Google Books
The earlier editions of Theoretical Models & Processes of Reading are known to many of us & readers of this edition will be ... models_and_processes_of_read.html?id=7GzuAAAAMAAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareTheoretical models and processes of reading. ... Theoretical models and processes of reading. Robert B. Ruddell,Martha Rapp Ruddell,Harry Singer. Snippet view - 1994. ... Theoretical Models and Processes of Reading. Harry Singer,Robert B. Ruddell. Snippet view - 1976. ...
Requirements for Theoretical Models of Outflows | JILA Science
Robust Control - Theoretical Models and Case Studies | IntechOpen
Theoretical Models and Case Studies. Edited by: Moises Rivas López and Wendy Flores-Fuentes. ISBN 978-953-51-2423-8, eISBN 978- ... Robust ControlTheoretical Models and Case StudiesEdited by Moises Rivas-Lopez ... Robust ControlTheoretical Models and Case StudiesEdited by Moises Rivas-Lopez ... method and model discussed in this book is illustrated by a relevant example that serves as an overview of the theoretical and ...
Theoretical Alchemy, Modeling Matter by Walter Harrison | 9789814322133 | Booktopia
Sharing of value in business relationships: A theoretical model.
WikiGenes - Models, Theoretical
Associations of Models, Theoretical with chemical compounds. *A mathematical model incorporating K+ channels, reversible uptake ... Biological context of Models, Theoretical. *A mathematical model of cell cycle progression is presented, which integrates ... Analytical, diagnostic and therapeutic context of Models, Theoretical. *Portacaval shunt as an experimental model of impaired ... Minocycline mediates neuroprotection in experimental models of neurodegeneration .. *Theoretical models of mantle flow have ...
Empirical validation of theoretical models and cognitive behavioral treatments for Generalized Anxiety Disorder]
... as well as theoretical suppositions that underlie such treatment models. Efficacy studies, carried out during the last ten ... They have been grouped according to theoretical models. Finally, the investigations that test this theoretical hypothesis are ... Empirical validation of theoretical models and cognitive behavioral treatments for Generalized Anxiety Disorder] Vertex. May- ... as well as theoretical suppositions that underlie such treatment models. Efficacy studies, carried out during the last ten ...
Theoretical and practical considerations for implementing diagnostic classification models
In the first study we have applied DCMs in general diagnostic modelling framework and compared those models to factor analysis ... Cognitive diagnostic classification models (DCMs) have been developed to assess the cognitive processes underlying assessment ... In this dissertation we compared DCMs with established psychometric models and investigated the incremental validity of DCMs ... Current dissertation aims to provide theoretical and practical considerations for estimation of DCMs for educational ...
A Comparative Study of Theoretical Graph Models for Characterizing Structural Networks of Human Brain
Our experimental results suggest that among the seven theoretical graph models compared in this study, STICKY and SF-GD models ... A Comparative Study of Theoretical Graph Models for Characterizing Structural Networks of Human Brain. Xiaojin Li,1 Xintao Hu,1 ... However, there is an important issue that has not been adequately discussed before: what is the optimal theoretical graph model ... In addition, we compare the topological properties between two graph models, namely, stickiness-index-based model (STICKY) and ...
Frontiers | New Theoretical Model of Nerve Conduction in Unmyelinated Nerves | Physiology
This new model would also enable us to acquire more accurate and understandable vision on the phenomena in unmyelinated nerves ... Based on this concept, we employ a new conductive model focusing on the distribution of voltage-gated sodium ion channels and ... Based on this new model, the propagation of the nerve conduction was suggested to take place far before the generation of ... Based on this concept, we employ a new conductive model focusing on the distribution of voltage-gated sodium ion channels and ...
EmpiricalMarket is modelledSkipComputationalRenowned theoretical physicistChemistryTrans-Theoretical ModelSimulationExisting theoretical resultsFrameworkBehaviorInitioEquationsApproachesDevelop a theoreticalBiologyStudyPhenomenaProcessesResultsHypothesesParametersComputationsSimulationsPrediction2000Kuramoto and extended Haken-Kelso-BunzFluorescenceMethodologicalNumerical ModelNeural network model of audiovisualSearchBehavioralEmpiricallyPermeabilityCalculationsInvestigationsMembraneConceptualFeasibilityMicroscopyMathematical modelAlgorithmTheoryApproachExplainsContentExperimental studiesStructuresAimsResearchersContextBiological coordinationProbabilityAspectsMechanismsChenHodgkin-HuxleyMethodsMainSystemsPaper2002
- 2017). However, no theoretical guarantee has been established for the general weighted convex clustering model, where better empirical results have been observed. (jmlr.org)
- Abstract: In present paper, a semi-empirical grinding force model is developed combined with the achievements of previous researchers by composing effects of normal and tangential grinding forces in two main parts respectively: cutting force and sliding force. (scientific.net)
- When the assumptions of a chameleon are challenged, various defenses are made (e.g., one shouldn't judge a model by its assumptions, any model has equal standing with all other models until the proper empirical tests have been run, etc. (wordpress.com)
- All empirical sciences use simplifying or unrealistic assumptions in their modeling activities. (wordpress.com)
- Marie Cornwall, "The Determinants of Religious Behavior: A Theoretical Model and Empirical Test," in Latter-day Saint Social Life: Social Research on the LDS Church and its Members (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 1998), 345-372. (byu.edu)
- Previous theoretical and empirical work is reviewed, operational refinements using network methodology are made, and a theoretical model and empirical test are presented. (byu.edu)
- For example, it exhibits both multistability and metastability observed in small-scale empirical research (via the second-order coupling and symmetry breaking in extended HKB) and the growth of biological complexity as a function of scale (via the scalability of the Kuramoto model). (moneyscience.com)
Market is modelled2
- 0:07 Skip to 0 minutes and 7 seconds Economic models consist of building blocks. (futurelearn.com)
- 0:55 Skip to 0 minutes and 55 seconds However, in environmental economic models, we focus on emissions so that the choice among different goods is not that important, but we rarely need much sophistication for the consumer side, and thus usually extend the model of firm behaviour in the simplest possible way. (futurelearn.com)
- 2:55 Skip to 2 minutes and 55 seconds Both can be done in the same way as in the Output Abatement Choice Model. (futurelearn.com)
- 3:42 Skip to 3 minutes and 42 seconds Thus, to model markets we set up a balancing equation for each good or factor that our models of firm and consumer behaviour describes. (futurelearn.com)
- 4:31 Skip to 4 minutes and 31 seconds In contrast, if we want to model imperfect competition, we could assume that a firm or a consumer anticipates his or her influence on the market viewing price. (futurelearn.com)
- 1:48 Skip to 1 minute and 48 seconds Now let's move to the clean tech market, which is a core element of your model. (futurelearn.com)
- 2:31 Skip to 2 minutes and 31 seconds The nice thing about this model is that you do not only presume that there's market power, but you explain why there's market power. (futurelearn.com)
- 3:40 Skip to 3 minutes and 40 seconds So if you want to solve this model, I think the way to do this is to start with this equation, as you said and figure out how many filters the polluting firms will demand. (futurelearn.com)
- In particular, we can devise novel theoretical models of computation that are intended to faithfully reflect the computational capabilities of physics at the nano-scale, in order to serve as a basis for the most powerful possible future nanocomputer architectures. (foresight.org)
- Modern Chemistry is unthinkable without the achievements of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry. (springer.com)
- To this end, in 2005, experts from several European universities joined forces under the coordination of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, to launch the European Masters Course on Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modeling (TCCM). (springer.com)
- The aim of this course is to develop scientists who are able to address a wide range of problems in modern chemical, physical, and biological sciences via a combination of theoretical and computational tools. (springer.com)
- The book series, Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modeling, has been designed by the editorial board to further facilitate the training and formation of new generations of computational and theoretical chemists. (springer.com)
- Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling (TCCM) is emerging as a powerful tool to help in the rational design of new products and materials for pharmaceutical, chemical, energy, computer, and new-materials industries. (europa.eu)
- The research programme of the TCCM-EJD aims at applying computational modelling to problems demanded by the industry and with high societal relevance, namely Materials with special properties, Biomolecules for new therapies and Energy storage. (europa.eu)
- Meanwhile, theoretical modeling and computational simulation have advanced as much as the experimental techniques in nanomaterials science. (hindawi.com)
- Then the dynamic programming relationships in the model are constructed and a simple numerical example is given to illustrate the computational procedure. (umn.edu)
- Some general computational problems are discussed, following which the properties of both parts of the model are investigated in some detail. (umn.edu)
- In this paper, we implemented a virtual laboratory of neurons and synapses via dynamical models on a web-based platform to aid neurophysiology and computational neuroscience education. (amrita.edu)
Renowned theoretical physicist1
- The renowned theoretical physicist Victor F. Weisskopf rightly pointed out that a real understanding of natural phenomena implies a clear distinction between the essential and the peripheral. (springer.com)
- However, the formulation of these models is challenging for various reasons: they involve coupled phenomena including elasticity, hydrodynamics and chemistry, they are fundamentally out-of-equilibrium, they are highly nonlinear, and they often couple interfacial and bulk phenomena (e.g. at the cell envelop and the cytosol). (imechanica.org)
- 2008) and CBRS is an under-researched and under-theorised area (Inhorn and Gurtin, 2011) of health research.This study provided themes on the decision making process of CBRS patients and contextualised them within a partial trans-theoretical model (Prochaska and DiClemente, 1983). (hud.ac.uk)
- These developments together have been creating new opportunities for modeling and simulation of electronic properties of nanomaterials, as well as for designing novel nanoelectronic devices. (hindawi.com)
- Through modeling and simulation, we solved the structures of these systems (two of which are shown above), and showed that complex oxide thin films form structures unlike those seen before. (nist.gov)
- This book explains the modelling and simulation of thermal power plants, and introduces readers to the equations needed to model a wide range of industrial energy processes. (springer.com)
- The book is based on the authors' expertise and experience in the theory of power plant modelling and simulation, developed over many years of service with EDF. (springer.com)
- A practical volume that is intended for a broad readership, from students and researchers, to professional engineers, this book offers the ideal handbook for the modelling and simulation of thermal power plants. (springer.com)
- The work includes a theoretical part and a computer simulation study. (mit.edu)
- Despite these parameters are very critical to the accuracy in the simulation result, the model parameters exhibits a wide variance in the experimental and theoretical works. (nsti.org)
- The graph in the upper right shows a representative plot of strength vs. crystallite (grain) size and includes the predictions from the model (red line) compared to experimental (x) and simulation (o) data. (scitechdaily.com)
- The goal of the project funding this fellowship (a Consolidator Grant by the European Research Council) is to develop theoretical models and simulation methods to understand the mechanical organization and dynamics of epithelial cells and tissues, in particular regarding their remodeling in-plane and in 3D, and their ability to resist mechanical stresses. (imechanica.org)
- This project presents the theoretical background in electrophysiology that is used as a basis in the development of numerical methods for the simulation of heart's electrical activity. (epfl.ch)
Existing theoretical results1
- In this paper, we establish sufficient conditions for the perfect recovery guarantee of the general weighted convex clustering model, which include and improve existing theoretical results in (Zhu et al. (jmlr.org)
- The model is a framework for explaining people's behaviour aligned to health , physical and mental well-being (Polit & Beck, 2012). (ipl.org)
- In the first study we have applied DCMs in general diagnostic modelling framework and compared those models to factor analysis models. (hu-berlin.de)
- Develops a theoretical framework for intercultural business communication which sets it apart from intercultural communication and international business. (ed.gov)
- I molila bih tako model world mass framework trademarks to verski ekstremista? (wvo-dill.de)
- Measures were derived for the explanatory theoretical constructs in the Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB), Social Cognitive Theory (SCT), and Illness Representations specified by the Common Sense Self Regulation Model (CSSRM). (nih.gov)
- Armed with theoretical modelings, the authors demonstrated that when the dielectric goes to the size of nanoscale, the conduction behavior is dominated by the Poole-Frenkel mechanism. (hindawi.com)
- The Health Belief Model (HBM) is one of the first and broadly used theory of health behavior. (ipl.org)
- This article examines 4 empirically supported theoretical models of health behavior and applies them to the treatment adherence literature that is available for children and adolescents who take stimulants for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). (psychiatrictimes.com)
- Two cognitive behavioral models, the Health Beliefs Model (HBM) and the Theory of Reasoned Action and Planned Behavior (TRAPB), address the beliefs and behavior of the parents and the child at a given point. (psychiatrictimes.com)
- The conventional capital asset pricing model (CAPM) has come under severe attack for its failure to reflect investor behavior. (ssrn.com)
- Colleagues from the field of public health provide us with highly disciplined models to guide our understanding of human behavior. (plannersnetwork.org)
- This paper examines five categories of factors which have been found to influence religious behavior (group involvement, belief-orthodoxy, religious commitment, religious socialization, and socio-demographic characteristics), suggests alternative ways of measuring the various factors, and presents a theoretical model. (byu.edu)
- The aims of this study were to develop a theoretical understanding of the conditions required to establish this vigorous oscillatory behavior and to determine whether observations of it could lead to a noninvasive estimate of the ICP. (arvojournals.org)
- The model predicted an approximately linear relationship between the IOP and the ICP at the point of onset of oscillatory behavior. (arvojournals.org)
- Using tight-binding model and state-of-the-art ab initio simulations, it has been discovered that a band gap might be opened at the Dirac point in graphene nanoribbons due to the spin-orbit coupling. (hindawi.com)
- In this paper, we present the results of theoretical simulations using ab initio methods on an IGF model in β-Si3N4 with prismatic crystalline planes. (ku.edu)
- The model is based on a system of five coupled nonlinear reaction-diffusion equations under non steady-state conditions for enzyme reactions occurring in potentiometric biosensor that describes the concentration of substrate and hydrolysis products within the membrane. (scirp.org)
- The theoretical modeling of biosensors involves solving the system of linear/non-linear reaction-diffusion equations for substrate and product with a term containing a rate of biocatalytical transformation of substrate. (scirp.org)
- The complications of modeling arise due to solving the partially differential equations with non-linear reaction term and with complex initial and boundary conditions. (scirp.org)
- single-phase flow and two-phase flow modelling equations, which cover all water and steam phases. (springer.com)
- Interestingly, many important phenomena associated to cell and tissue structural organization and dynamics, relevant to development and disease, can be studied with mathematical models involving partial differential equations, possibly combined with stochastic and/or discrete ingredients. (imechanica.org)
- I think you have a rather complex setting, and succeeded very well in putting this complex setting into somewhat nice looking and instructive equations into a nice model. (futurelearn.com)
- The psychiatric level includes theoretical approaches that link personality disorders, character disorders, mental illness, alcohol and substance abuse, and other intra-individual processes to acts of family violence. (jrank.org)
- Theoretical approaches that examine family structure, learning, stress, the transmission of violence from one generation to the next, and family interaction patterns fit the social psychological level. (jrank.org)
- Three independent mathematical models of root vascular patterning have been formulated in the last few years, providing an excellent example of how theoretical approaches can complement experimental studies to provide new insights into complex systems. (ugent.be)
- By comparing the three modeling approaches, we gain further insight into vascular patterning and identify several key areas for experimental investigation. (ugent.be)
- Both theoretical and experimental approaches are discussed for electrolytes, carbohydrates, and food proteins in solution. (springer.com)
Develop a theoretical1
- These categories were used to develop a theoretical model that predicts and explains students' frequency and type of interaction with faculty. (ed.gov)
- Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling is a peer-reviewed online-only medical journal covering mathematical and theoretical biology, as well as on applications of mathematics in the field of medicine. (wikipedia.org)
- Theoretical Biology an. (citationmachine.net)
- Scientists from the Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Biology in Plön, Harvard University, and the University of Amsterdam have now developed a new model combining two possible explanations - direct reciprocity and population structure - and found that both repetition and structured population are essential for the evolution of cooperation. (scitechdaily.com)
- Using computer simulations and mathematical models, a group of scientists around Julian Garcia from the Max-Planck Institute of Evolutionary Biology in Plön have developed a new model that is taking both concepts into account. (scitechdaily.com)
- The set point model is rooted in physiology, genetics and molecular biology, and suggests that there is an active feedback mechanism linking adipose tissue (stored energy) to intake and expenditure via a set point, presumably encoded in the brain. (biologists.org)
- In this paper, we discuss connections of methods of modelling of fundamental phenomena which are important for foundations of theoretical biology with cognition process. (ebscohost.com)
- Next, we specify important physical processes which should be modelled in order to provide foundations for efficient theoretical biology including mechanisms of biological evolution. (ebscohost.com)
- Within above context, we discuss status of quantum mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, the Standard Model and vacuum medium mechanics with respect to possibility of creation of foundations for theoretical biology. (ebscohost.com)
- In the conclusion, we state that the vacuum medium mechanics is constructed with particular intention to be fundamental theory for theoretical biology. (ebscohost.com)
- We argue that a silicon implementation of the reversible 3-D mesh could be valuable today for speeding up certain scientific and engineering computations, and propose that the model should become a focus of future study in the theory of parallel algorithms for a wide range of problems. (foresight.org)
- This section focuses on the theory informing this study in particular the Health Belief Model (HBM). (ipl.org)
- Becker's "Health Belief Model" will used to provide the theoretical underpinning for the study. (ipl.org)
- One of the areas of our work is a numerical study of ultracold quantum systems using hybrid atomic-ion traps, offering new possibilities for modeling some actual processes of solid state physics, elements of quantum computing and precision physics research," the scientist concluded. (phys.org)
- In this study, a theoretical model describing these dynamic intra- and extravascular T(1), T(2) and T*(2) relaxation interactions is proposed. (nih.gov)
- A new hybrid cinnamoyl-coumarin probe was synthesised to study the formation and dynamics of a twisted internal charge transfer (TICT) excited state in homogeneous and biological membrane models. (rsc.org)
- Moreover, the high sensitivity of fluorescence lifetimes of the TICT excited state in liposomes allows us to propose the use of this type of probes as a powerful tool for the study of gel and crystalline liquid phases in lipid membrane models. (rsc.org)
- The model presented in this article was constructed in simple form to study once-over sequences of allocation of land to some activity of long-run benefit. (umn.edu)
- This study provides a theoretical basis for the social processes and factors accounting for the greater integration, or "domestication" of the PC and related information technologies into the American household. (acrwebsite.org)
- A theoretical study at the B3LYP/6-31++G(d, p) level was performed on the tatumerization of 7H-purine-2, 6-diamine into 9H-purine-2, 6-diamine. (sid.ir)
- This study allows us to anticipate the numerical model sensitivity with regard to the discretization, with the aim of recovering the physiological behaviors of the tissue (i.e. conduction velocity, electrical restitution, etc). (epfl.ch)
- This study was aimed to determine the readiness to lose weight among overweight and obese adolescents using TransTheoretical Model (TTM) assessment tool. (vixra.org)
- A Theoretical Study of the Flow of Air and Fallout of Solid Precipitation Over Mountainous. (deepdyve.com)
- Theoretical production ecology tries to quantitatively study the growth of crops. (wikipedia.org)
- This new model would also enable us to acquire more accurate and understandable vision on the phenomena in unmyelinated nerves in addition to the conventional electric circuit model and cable theory. (frontiersin.org)
- Pfleiderer's perspective may be applied to many of the issues involved when modeling complex and dynamic economic phenomena. (wordpress.com)
- It also connects empirically validated models of large- and small-scale biological coordination-the Kuramoto and extended Haken-Kelso-Bunz (HKB) models-and the hallmark phenomena that each is known to capture. (moneyscience.com)
- The earlier editions of Theoretical Models & Processes of Reading are known to many of us & readers of. (google.com)
- The earlier editions of Theoretical Models & Processes of Reading are known to many of us & readers of this edition will be eager to see what is new & to ponder the criteria for selection of what is old. (google.com)
- Cognitive diagnostic classification models (DCMs) have been developed to assess the cognitive processes underlying assessment responses. (hu-berlin.de)
- Such methods could allow modeling with completely controlled quantum systems of complex processes in solid-state physics and high-energy physics. (phys.org)
- Using the results from relativistic gauge field theory, a phenomenological model is developed for the production of an isolated Higgs particle H. The specific process is p+p → A+H +B, where the group of particles A (B) mostly goes down one (the other) beam pipe. (harvard.edu)
- Computer simulations confirm the theoretical results and show that the proposed network can realize a maximum likelihood estimate of auditory (or visual) positions in unimodal conditions and a Bayesian estimate, with moderate deviations from optimality, in cross-modal conditions. (mit.edu)
- The mathematical techniques used together with the fully evaluated theoretical results are presented. (spie.org)
- Once Q's model and results become known, references are made to it, with statements such as "Q shows that X." This should be taken as short-hand way of saying "Q shows that under a certain set of assumptions it follows (deductively) that X," but some people start taking X as a plausible statement about the real world. (wordpress.com)
- A review of recent studies of molecular dynamics of water in foods and model systems is presented, and the theoretical results are compared with experimental data obtained by several techniques. (springer.com)
- Theoretical results from Monte Carlo simulations are compared with experimental NMR relaxation data for quadrupolar nuclei such as those of deuterium and oxygen-17. (springer.com)
- The theoretical-experimental results on Bm86 protein may help the future design of a new vaccine based on this protein. (figshare.com)
- These results are very different from those of a previously studied basal plane model [J. Chen et al. (ku.edu)
- But overall I think that's a very nice start, a very nice model, and I'm looking forward to the final results. (futurelearn.com)
- Findings implications regarding therapeutic recommendations are discussed, as well as theoretical hypotheses that, hardly investigated, could improve our understanding of the disorder. (nih.gov)
- The applicability of using the proposed model to investigate the influence of relevant MRI pulse sequences (e.g. echo time, flip angle), and physical (e.g. susceptibility calibration factors, pre-contrast relaxation rates) and physiological parameters (e.g. permeability, blood flow, compartmental volume fractions) on DSC-MRI signal time curves is demonstrated. (nih.gov)
- Therefore, we applied the parameters to the simple atomistic model to demonstrate that the theoretical parameters are plausible than the experimental ones especially in KMC calculation. (nsti.org)
- Important parameters in theoretical production models thus are: Climate Temperature - The temperature determines the speed of respiration and the dark reaction. (wikipedia.org)
- We found students could easily reproduce the common voltage and current clamp protocols on such models without significant instructor assistance and the platform was developed to allow further extensions like raster plots, network computations using extensions to code modules. (amrita.edu)
- Does mathematical model for conccurent computations exist? (stackexchange.com)
- Next, we explore how a group theoretical model of computations can satisfy these requirements. (vixra.org)
- Using computer simulations and mathematical models, scientists developed a new theoretical model on the evolution of cooperation, finding that direct reciprocity alone is not enough, and that population structure is necessary in order to reach a high level of cooperation. (scitechdaily.com)
- Beyond the quantitative prediction of the coupling, the model yields a generic phase diagram of cellular trajectories, which recapitulates the full range of observed migration patterns. (newton.ac.uk)
- Near-infrared light propagation in various models of the adult head is analyzed by both time-of-flight measurements and mathematical prediction. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Venkatesh, V. and Davis, F.D. (2000) A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model Four Longitudinal Field Studies. (scirp.org)
Kuramoto and extended Haken-Kelso-Bunz1
- It also reconciles in a single formulation two well-studied models of large- and small-scale biological coordination (Kuramoto and extended Haken-Kelso-Bunz). (moneyscience.com)
- On the basis of this model, general properties of the calculated images, such as the registered fluorescence intensity dependence on the focusing depth and the influence of the scattering in the medium, have been studied. (spie.org)
- The aim of this work is to describe the state of the art related to the topic, identifying the main theoretical difficulties and methodological limitations associated with the different proposed paradigms. (isciii.es)
- The paper proposes a methodological approach, founded on theoretical models, for feasibility studies of new cabotage lines, useful to orient the sector operators in the identifying efficient and effective sabotage services. (units.it)
- We also develop a numerical model for transistors with channel length greater than tube length based on percolation theory solving Poisson and Drift diffusion equation self consistently. (nsti.org)
Neural network model of audiovisual2
- Recently, we developed a neural network model of audiovisual cortico-collicular loops, including interconnected areas representing the retina, striate and extrastriate visual cortices, auditory cortex, and SC. (frontiersin.org)
- The aim of this letter is to analyze this problem with a neural network model of audiovisual integration, based on probabilistic population coding-the idea that a population of neurons can encode probability functions to perform Bayesian inference. (mit.edu)
- We previously proposed a theoretical model for the mechanism of optic nerve damage based on the difference between ICP and IOP, 2 and that motivated the search for a simple way to measure the ICP that could be used in clinical practice. (arvojournals.org)
- In 2003, we initiated a series of five studies to establish a scientific rationale for interventions to translate research findings into clinical practice by exploring the performance of a number of different, commonly used, overlapping behavioral theories and models. (nih.gov)
- The present article reviews cognitive-behavioral treatments efficacy studies for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, as well as theoretical suppositions that underlie such treatment models. (nih.gov)
- Model predictions and assumptions are critically discussed in view of existing behavioral and neurophysiological data, forecasting that other oculomotor compensatory mechanisms, beyond short-latency saccades, are likely involved, and stimulating future experimental and theoretical investigations. (frontiersin.org)
- Analyses and modelling of empirically observed patterns of biological coordination often focus either on ensemble-level statistics in large-scale systems with many components, or on detailed dynamics in small-scale systems with few components. (moneyscience.com)
- In this project, distinct and characteristic CAT-scan signatures of multi-layered deposits obtained from theoretical and physical models are transposed to field data to enhance the comprehension of the effect of sedimentation rate variations on porosity and permeability. (searchanddiscovery.com)
- Gibson's model is employed for self weight consolidation analysis and uses a non-constant permeability which is function of the porosity. (searchanddiscovery.com)
- Finally, the investigations that test this theoretical hypothesis are analyzed. (nih.gov)
- in this model, movement of an electric charge penetrating through the membrane was described as a parallel alignment of conductance for each type of ion ( Hodgkin and Huxley, 1952 ). (frontiersin.org)
- On the basis of this equivalent circuit model, the conduction of the nerve is often described by using a theory in which the conduction is regarded as an electric current on imaginary electric longitudinal leads running inside and outside the axon membrane, known as a cable theory ( Koch, 1984 ). (frontiersin.org)
- Saranya, J. , Rajendran, L. and Maheswari, M. (2016) A Theoretical Model of pH-Based Potentiometric Biosensor Based on Immobilized Enzyme Membrane. (scirp.org)
- To this end, we present the dodecagon of internationalisation as a tool and, at the same time, demonstrable proof of the feasibility of theoretical integration within this subject field. (repec.org)
- Domenico Gattuso, Antonella Polimeni, 'Theoretical models and operational procedures for feasibility studies of new cabotage lines', in: European Transport / Trasporti Europei, IX (2003) 24, pp. 15-24. (units.it)
- If TMs are used as mathematical model for sequential computation, we can surely come up with a concurrent version, and show that it is no more powerful than the good old sequential ones. (stackexchange.com)
- A mathematical model of adiabatic refrigerant flow through capillary tubes is presented. (illinois.edu)
- A mathematical model was constructed in which the central retinal vein was modeled as 2 Starling resistors in series, 1 located in the eye and the other in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) space, separated by a region where it was not collapsible, corresponding to its course within the optic nerve itself. (arvojournals.org)
- In the numerical optimization aspect, although algorithms like the alternating direction method of multipliers (ADMM) and the alternating minimization algorithm (AMA) have been proposed to solve the convex clustering model (Chi and Lange, 2015), it still remains very challenging to solve large-scale problems. (jmlr.org)
- The paper presents an algorithm proposed by the authors in order to obtain a theoretical model of the bronchial and used to test the virtual bronchoscopy procedure implemented in an innovative system for bronchoscopy with electromagnetically tracked and steerable biopsy forceps. (sintef.no)
- Nerve conduction in unmyelinated fibers has long been described based on the equivalent circuit model and cable theory. (frontiersin.org)
- From this model, a more general theory was developed that can be generalized to other college environments. (ed.gov)
- Our model is verified with experimental SIMS data, which supports our theory that intermediate interstitial clusters are very important in the atomistic model in order to understand the whole diffusion process of boron in silicon. (nsti.org)
- Leslie Valiant introduced the Multi-BSP model there (discussed in more detail at this year's workshop), and Phil Gibbons from Intel presented a provocative talk Theory: asleep at the switch to many-core that is worth looking at. (stackexchange.com)
- But models do not only face theory. (wordpress.com)
- For each model, the experimentally measured mean optical path length as a function of source-detector spacing agrees well with predictions from either a Monte Carlo model or a finite-element method based on diffusion theory or a hybrid radiosity-diffusion theory. (ucl.ac.uk)
- With this approach in mind and with the intention to exemplify robust control applications, this book includes selected chapters that describe models of H-infinity loop, robust stability and uncertainty, among others. (intechopen.com)
- The theoretical model of a diagnosis-based clinical decision rule has been developed that may provide clinicians with an approach to non-surgical spine pain patients that allows for specific treatment decisions based on a specific diagnosis. (chiro.org)
- The obvious ontological shortcoming of a basically epistemic - rather than ontological - approach, is that "similarity" or "resemblance" tout court do not guarantee that the correspondence between model and target is interesting, relevant, revealing or somehow adequate in terms of mechanisms, causal powers, capacities or tendencies. (wordpress.com)
- D. Zinoviev, V. Duong, and H. Zhang, "A Game Theoretical Approach to Modeling Information Dissemination in Social Networks," in Proc. (arxiv.org)
- Furthermore, the model explains the ventriloquism illusion and, looking at the activity in the multimodal neurons, explains the automatic reweighting of auditory and visual inputs on a trial-by-trial basis, according to the reliability of the individual cues. (mit.edu)
- In response to the overwhelming demand for electronic content coupled with the mission to decrease the overall environmental impacts of print production and distribution, all IGI Global journals will shift into a digital preferred model for the 2022 volume year. (igi-global.com)
- Recent theoretical and experimental studies suggest that in multisensory conditions, the brain performs a near-optimal Bayesian estimate of external events, giving more weight to the more reliable stimuli. (mit.edu)
- The fourth paper proposes two designs of silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) structures by theoretical modeling. (hindawi.com)
- Eleven copper( II ) phosphate bridged structures were used to validate the proposed model. (rsc.org)
- All the theoretical possible structures of Cu(II) and Ni(II) complexes with L-ascorbic acid were optimized and square pyramidal and square planer geometry have been evaluated for Cu(II) and Ni(II) respectively by Gaussian09 software. (scielo.org.za)
- Current dissertation aims to provide theoretical and practical considerations for estimation of DCMs for educational applications by investigating several important underexplored issues. (hu-berlin.de)
- As researchers studying theoretical folding models of DNA and RNA, Guillame Santini and Jean Cognet require easy access to predefined mathematics and visualization functions. (wolfram.com)
- In the first case we show that a popular theoretical model, which has been used by numerous researchers to show enhanced thermal transport in fact leads to the opposite result, namely that nanofluids do not show improved heat transfer when compared to the base fluid. (techconnectworld.com)
- Now, researchers have created a theoretical model able to estimate various pure and alloyed metals' ultimate strength - a measurement defined as the amount of force necessary before a metal will deform. (scitechdaily.com)
- Theoretical Computer Science Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for theoretical computer scientists and researchers in related fields. (stackexchange.com)
- Are general models still in vogue, or are researchers trying to specialize with GPGPU or Cloud based computation coming in fashion? (stackexchange.com)
- The control-flow models try to make parallelism work within the context of a explicit-control program, basically every programmable computer today. (stackexchange.com)
- The present work bridges this gap with a theoretical model of biological coordination that captures key experimental observations of mid-scale social coordination at multiple levels of description. (moneyscience.com)
- We are learning to…find the theoretical probability of an event. (slideserve.com)
- Explain the different between experimental probability and theoretical probability. (slideserve.com)
- What is the theoretical probability that he will have a sum greater than or equal to 5? (slideserve.com)
- What is the theoretical probability that she will flip heads and then spin a blue or a green on the spinner? (slideserve.com)
- To understand such human aspects of the information dissemination, we propose a game theoretical model of the information forwarding and feedback mechanisms in a social network that take into account the personalities of the sender and the receiver (including their perceived knowledgeability, reputation, and desire for popularity) and the global characteristics of the network. (arxiv.org)
- This model is consistent with many of the biological aspects of energy balance, but struggles to explain the many significant environmental and social influences on obesity, food intake and physical activity. (biologists.org)
- An alternative model, called the settling point model, is based on the idea that there is passive feedback between the size of the body stores and aspects of expenditure. (biologists.org)
- This model accommodates many of the social and environmental characteristics of energy balance, but struggles to explain some of the biological and genetic aspects. (biologists.org)
- When using this model for R22, Chen et al. (illinois.edu)
- This BVP model serves as a simple representative of a class of excitable-oscillatory systems including the Hodgkin-Huxley (HH) model of the squid giant axon. (psu.edu)
- The need to be tolerant to changes in the control systems or in the operational environment of systems subject to unknown disturbances has generated new control methods that are able to deal with the non-parametrized disturbances of systems, without adapting itself to the system uncertainty but rather providing stability in the presence of errors bound in a model. (intechopen.com)
- The main objectives of these projects are: to improve the modeling languages, the tools, the methods (stat estimation), and to extend the modeling domains (multi-mode systems, property modeling). (springer.com)
- Such a model could yield important insights into the biophysical basis of contrast-agent-extravasation-induced effects on measured DSC-MRI signals and provide a means to investigate pulse sequence optimization and appropriate data analysis methods for the extraction of physiologically relevant imaging metrics. (nih.gov)
- In more than forty examples, they demonstrate the component elements involved in a broad range of energy production systems, with detailed test cases for each chemical, thermodynamic and thermo-hydraulic model. (springer.com)
- He is in charge of training courses of the modelling of power plants and energy systems, for EDF staff and partners. (springer.com)
- In this paper we present arguments that a reversible 3-D mesh of processors is an optimal physically-realistic model for scalable computers. (foresight.org)
- The aim of this paper is to add to this debate and this requires us to critique the current models. (diva-portal.org)
- In the paper we develop the analytical models for the NBTs with channel length less that the tube length (for sub-percolating networks) and use it to explain some of the recent findings in the experiments by Infineon Technology. (nsti.org)
- This paper describes financial decision-making under uncertainty in formal mathematical terms as a generalized higher-moment capital asset pricing model. (ssrn.com)
- This paper then explores the theoretical implications and legal applications of higher-moment asset pricing. (ssrn.com)
- In this paper, the theoretical model of a proposed diagnosis-based clinical decision rule is presented. (chiro.org)
- The purpose of this paper is to present the theoretical model of a diagnosis-based clinical decision rule (DBCDR) for the diagnosis and non-surgical management of patients with spinal pain. (chiro.org)
- In this paper, we present a model that considers two key elements, the social space and the technological space as building blocks for the development of a theoretical model of household adoption and use of new information technologies. (acrwebsite.org)
- This paper proposes to use a group theoretical model for the optimization of algorithms. (vixra.org)
- In 2002, he joined EDF Research & Development division (R&D). He contributed to the development of power plants modeling activities, within the EDF and its subsidiaries, thanks to the use of ThermoSysPro library (developed by the authors). (springer.com)