Information Storage and Retrieval
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Natural Language Processing
Database Management Systems
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
A specified list of terms with a fixed and unalterable meaning, and from which a selection is made when CATALOGING; ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING; or searching BOOKS; JOURNALS AS TOPIC; and other documents. The control is intended to avoid the scattering of related subjects under different headings (SUBJECT HEADINGS). The list may be altered or extended only by the publisher or issuing agency. (From Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed, p163)
Pattern Recognition, Automated
Terminology as Topic
Expressed Sequence Tags
Gene Expression Profiling
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of references and citations to books, articles, publications, etc., generally on a single subject or specialized subject area. Databases can operate through automated files, libraries, or computer disks. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, FACTUAL which is used for collections of data and facts apart from bibliographic references to them.
A diffuse parenchymal lung disease caused by inhalation of dust and by tissue reaction to their presence. These inorganic, organic, particulate, or vaporized matters usually are inhaled by workers in their occupational environment, leading to the various forms (ASBESTOSIS; BYSSINOSIS; and others). Similar air pollution can also have deleterious effects on the general population.
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Oligonucleotide Array Sequence Analysis
Databases, Nucleic Acid
Dictionaries as Topic
Decision Support Systems, Management
Molecular Sequence Annotation
Databases as Topic
Sequence Analysis, Protein
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
A set of genes descended by duplication and variation from some ancestral gene. Such genes may be clustered together on the same chromosome or dispersed on different chromosomes. Examples of multigene families include those that encode the hemoglobins, immunoglobulins, histocompatibility antigens, actins, tubulins, keratins, collagens, heat shock proteins, salivary glue proteins, chorion proteins, cuticle proteins, yolk proteins, and phaseolins, as well as histones, ribosomal RNA, and transfer RNA genes. The latter three are examples of reiterated genes, where hundreds of identical genes are present in a tandem array. (King & Stanfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Sequence Analysis, DNA
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
Gene Regulatory Networks
Interacting DNA-encoded regulatory subsystems in the GENOME that coordinate input from activator and repressor TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS during development, cell differentiation, or in response to environmental cues. The networks function to ultimately specify expression of particular sets of GENES for specific conditions, times, or locations.
Data Interpretation, Statistical
Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting Systems
A geographical area of the United States with no definite boundaries but comprising northeastern Alabama, northwestern Georgia, northwestern South Carolina, western North Carolina, eastern Kentucky, eastern Tennessee, western Virginia, West Virginia, western Maryland, southwestern Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, and southern New York.
Protein Interaction Maps
Medical Records Systems, Computerized
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (U.S.)
Unified Medical Language System
A research and development program initiated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE to build knowledge sources for the purpose of aiding the development of systems that help health professionals retrieve and integrate biomedical information. The knowledge sources can be used to link disparate information systems to overcome retrieval problems caused by differences in terminology and the scattering of relevant information across many databases. The three knowledge sources are the Metathesaurus, the Semantic Network, and the Specialist Lexicon.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Thorium. A radioactive element of the actinide series of metals. It has an atomic symbol Th, atomic number 90, and atomic weight 232.04. It is used as fuel in nuclear reactors to produce fissionable uranium isotopes. Because of its radioopacity, various thorium compounds are used to facilitate visualization in roentgenography.
Neural Networks (Computer)
A computer architecture, implementable in either hardware or software, modeled after biological neural networks. Like the biological system in which the processing capability is a result of the interconnection strengths between arrays of nonlinear processing nodes, computerized neural networks, often called perceptrons or multilayer connectionist models, consist of neuron-like units. A homogeneous group of units makes up a layer. These networks are good at pattern recognition. They are adaptive, performing tasks by example, and thus are better for decision-making than are linear learning machines or cluster analysis. They do not require explicit programming.
Support Vector Machines
A theorem in probability theory named for Thomas Bayes (1702-1761). In epidemiology, it is used to obtain the probability of disease in a group of people with some characteristic on the basis of the overall rate of that disease and of the likelihood of that characteristic in healthy and diseased individuals. The most familiar application is in clinical decision analysis where it is used for estimating the probability of a particular diagnosis given the appearance of some symptoms or test result.
A silver metallic element that exists as a liquid at room temperature. It has the atomic symbol Hg (from hydrargyrum, liquid silver), atomic number 80, and atomic weight 200.59. Mercury is used in many industrial applications and its salts have been employed therapeutically as purgatives, antisyphilitics, disinfectants, and astringents. It can be absorbed through the skin and mucous membranes which leads to MERCURY POISONING. Because of its toxicity, the clinical use of mercury and mercurials is diminishing.
Water Pollutants, Chemical
Computerized compilations of information units (text, sound, graphics, and/or video) interconnected by logical nonlinear linkages that enable users to follow optimal paths through the material and also the systems used to create and display this information. (From Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, 1994)
Oil and Gas Fields
Water Pollutants, Radioactive
Amino Acid Sequence
Catalogs as Topic
Mercury toxicity due to the smelting of placer gold recovered by mercury amalgam. (1/710)A 19-year-old man developed tremor in both hands and fatigue after starting work at a placer gold mine where he was exposed to mercury-gold amalgam. Examination revealed an intention tremor, dysdiadochokinesis and mild rigidity. The 24-h urinary mercury concentration reached a peak of 715 nmol/l (143 ug/l) shortly before the clinical examination, after which he was removed from working in the gold room [Mercury No. Adverse Effect Level: 250 nmol/l (50 ug/l)]. On review 7 weeks later his tremor had almost resolved and the dysdiadochokinesis and rigidity had gone. The 24-h urinary mercury concentration had fallen to 160 nmol/l (32 ug/l). The principal exposure to mercury was considered to be the smelting of retorted gold with previously unrecognized residual mercury in it. The peak air concentration of mercury vapour during gold smelting was 0.533 mg/m3 (Mercury Vapour ACGIH TLV: 0.05 mg/m3 TWA). Several engineering and procedural controls were instituted. This episode occurred at another mine site, unrelated to Mount Isa Mines Limited. (+info)
Carbon disulphide absorption during xanthate reagent mixing in a gold mine concentrator. (2/710)A xanthate reagent mixer at a gold mine concentrator was exposed to carbon disulphide by extensive skin contamination with xanthate powder and solution during the reagent mixing process. Absorption of carbon disulphide was confirmed by the detection of urinary 2-thiothiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid (TTCA). Drager colorimetric tube testing during subsequent mixing recorded a maximum concentration of at least 60 ppm carbon disulphide. An illness consisting of predominantly gastrointestinal symptoms began 20 h after the exposure. Although this may have been due to carbon disulphide toxicity this is by no means certain. The need for engineering controls, impervious protective clothing and full-face respirators with particulate and organic vapour cartridges is discussed. This episode occurred at another mine site, unrelated to Mount Isa Mines Limited. (+info)
A risk assessment for exposure to grunerite asbestos (amosite) in an iron ore mine. (3/710)The potential for health risks to humans exposed to the asbestos minerals continues to be a public health concern. Although the production and use of the commercial amphibole asbestos minerals-grunerite (amosite) and riebeckite (crocidolite)-have been almost completely eliminated from world commerce, special opportunities for potentially significant exposures remain. Commercially viable deposits of grunerite asbestos are very rare, but it can occur as a gangue mineral in a limited part of a mine otherwise thought asbestos-free. This report describes such a situation, in which a very localized seam of grunerite asbestos was identified in an iron ore mine. The geological occurrence of the seam in the ore body is described, as well as the mineralogical character of the grunerite asbestos. The most relevant epidemiological studies of workers exposed to grunerite asbestos are used to gauge the hazards associated with the inhalation of this fibrous mineral. Both analytical transmission electron microscopy and phase-contrast optical microscopy were used to quantify the fibers present in the air during mining in the area with outcroppings of grunerite asbestos. Analytical transmission electron microscopy and continuous-scan x-ray diffraction were used to determine the type of asbestos fiber present. Knowing the level of the miner's exposures, we carried out a risk assessment by using a model developed for the Environmental Protection Agency. (+info)
Leptospirosis and Ebola virus infection in five gold-panning villages in northeastern Gabon. (4/710)An exhaustive epidemiologic and serologic survey was carried out in five gold-panning villages situated in northeastern Gabon to estimate the degree of exposure of to leptospirosis and Ebola virus. The seroprevalence was 15.7% for leptospirosis and 10.2% for Ebola virus. Sixty years after the last seroepidemiologic survey of leptospirosis in Gabon, this study demonstrates the persistence of this infection among the endemic population and the need to consider it as a potential cause of hemorrhagic fever in Gabon. There was no significant statistical correlation between the serologic status of populations exposed to both infectious agents, indicating the lack of common risk factors for these diseases. (+info)
Cellular responses to Plasmodium falciparum major surface antigens and their relationship to human activities associated with malaria transmission. (5/710)In Brazil, two types of activities have led to the worsening of malarial transmission in the Amazon region: prospecting/mining and agricultural settlements. In the present study, we analyze the cellular response of 52 of these individuals (14 gold-miners and 38 farmers) living within the same endemic area. Two Plasmodium falciparum major surface antigens (recombinant proteins) were used for cellular proliferative assays: circumsporozoite protein and merozoite surface protein-1. The frequency of these cellular responses were significantly higher among the miners (57-64%) than the farmers (10-20%) when either recombinant protein was used. Our data suggest that a higher exposure to malaria of the gold-miners contributed to their higher in vitro cellular response compared with the farmers. These findings point the way to further studies evaluating the influence of risk factors associated with the life styles of different social groups and the immune responses to these antigens. (+info)
Clinical and laboratory manifestations of systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) in Black South Africans. (6/710)A retrospective study of systemic sclerosis (SSc) in Blacks attending a tertiary hospital on the Witwatersrand, South Africa, was undertaken. The female:male ratio of the 63 patients was 4.6:1 and the mean age of onset of SSc was 36.1 yr. Four of the 11 males were ex-goldminers and nine females resided close to goldmines. Forty-one patients had diffuse cutaneous SSc (dcSSc), 18 had limited cutaneous SSc (lcSSc) and four were unclassified. Overall, 56% had pulmonary fibrosis, 37% had myositis and 98% were antinuclear antibody (ANA) positive, with a notable absence of anti-centromere antibodies. Subset comparisons showed myositis and a reduced forced vital capacity to be significantly more common with dcSSc than lcSSc. The only significant sex differences were that arthralgia/arthritis was more common in women, while calcinosis occurred more frequently in men. Seven of the eight known deaths occurred in patients with dcSSc. These findings, particularly the age of disease onset, predominance of the dcSSc subset, inflammatory features of myositis and a raised erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and absence of anti-centromere antibodies, are similar to those reported previously in African-Americans. (+info)
Radionuclides in the lichen-caribou-human food chain near uranium mining operations in northern Saskatchewan, Canada. (7/710)The richest uranium ore bodies ever discovered (Cigar Lake and McArthur River) are presently under development in northeastern Saskatchewan. This subarctic region is also home to several operating uranium mines and aboriginal communities, partly dependent upon caribou for subsistence. Because of concerns over mining impacts and the efficient transfer of airborne radionuclides through the lichen-caribou-human food chain, radionuclides were analyzed in tissues from 18 barren-ground caribou (Rangifer tarandus groenlandicus). Radionuclides included uranium (U), radium (226Ra), lead (210Pb), and polonium (210Po) from the uranium decay series; the fission product (137Cs) from fallout; and naturally occurring potassium (40K). Natural background radiation doses average 2-4 mSv/year from cosmic rays, external gamma rays, radon inhalation, and ingestion of food items. The ingestion of 210Po and 137Cs when caribou are consumed adds to these background doses. The dose increment was 0.85 mSv/year for adults who consumed 100 g of caribou meat per day and up to 1.7 mSv/year if one liver and 10 kidneys per year were also consumed. We discuss the cancer risk from these doses. Concentration ratios (CRs), relating caribou tissues to lichens or rumen (stomach) contents, were calculated to estimate food chain transfer. The CRs for caribou muscle ranged from 1 to 16% for U, 6 to 25% for 226Ra, 1 to 2% for 210Pb, 6 to 26% for 210Po, 260 to 370% for 137Cs, and 76 to 130% for 40K, with 137Cs biomagnifying by a factor of 3-4. These CRs are useful in predicting caribou meat concentrations from the lichens, measured in monitoring programs, for the future evaluation of uranium mining impacts on this critical food chain. (+info)
Methylmercury neurotoxicity in Amazonian children downstream from gold mining. (8/710)In widespread informal gold mining in the Amazon Basin, mercury is used to capture the gold particles as amalgam. Releases of mercury to the environment have resulted in the contamination of freshwater fish with methylmercury. In four comparable Amazonian communities, we examined 351 of 420 eligible children between 7 and 12 years of age. In three Tapajos villages with the highest exposures, more than 80% of 246 children had hair-mercury concentrations above 10 microg/g, a limit above which adverse effects on brain development are likely to occur. Neuropsychological tests of motor function, attention, and visuospatial performance showed decrements associated with the hair-mercury concentrations. Especially on the Santa Ana form board and the Stanford-Binet copying tests, similar associations were also apparent in the 105 children from the village with the lowest exposures, where all but two children had hair-mercury concentrations below 10 microg/g. Although average exposure levels may not have changed during recent years, prenatal exposure levels are unknown, and exact dose relationships cannot be generated from this cross-sectional study. However, the current mercury pollution seems sufficiently severe to cause adverse effects on brain development. (+info)
Small-for-Gestational Age Prevalence Risk Factors in Central Appalachi by Hamid Ferdosi, Steve H Lamm et al.
OBJECTIVES: To identify risk factors for small-for-gestational age (SGA) for counties in central Appalachian states (Kentucky (KY), Tennessee (TN), Virginia (VA), and West Virginia (WV)) with varied coal mining activities. MATERIAL AND METHODS: Live birth certificate files (1990-2002) were used for obtaining SGA prevalence rates for mothers based on the coal mining activities of their counties of residence, mountain-top mining (MTM) activities, underground mining activities but no mountain-top mining activity (non-MTM), or having no mining activities (non-mining). Co-variable information, including maternal tobacco use, was also obtained from the live birth certificate. Adjusted odds ratios were obtained using multivariable logistic regression comparing SGA prevalence rates for counties with coal mining activities to those without coal mining activities and comparing SGA prevalence rates for counties with coal mining activities for those with and without mountain-top mining activities. Comparisons were
Obalapuram Mining Company News Photos Videos - Rediff.com
Latest news - Obalapuram Mining Company, Photos - Obalapuram Mining Company, Videos - Obalapuram Mining Company.Obalapuram Mining Company updates on Rediff News
mining companies price
mining companies price_Mining News, Mining Companies amp Market Mining news and commentary from around the globe Daily updates on gold and commodity prices, exploration, mine development and mining company activitie
Global mining companies improve policies on Community Consent, while oil and gas lag | Oxfam International
As conflicts with local communities are a problem for oil, gas and mining companies around the world, a new report from international relief and development organization Oxfam finds that the number of mining companies with commitments to Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC) has almost tripled since 2012. While positive, this trend masks a number of weaknesses related to protecting the rights of local communities and indigenous people near large-scale projects.. The 2015 Community Consent Index examined policies regarding community rights and community engagement of 38 oil, gas, and mining companies, including ExxonMobil, Chevron, Shell, Anglo American, CNOOC, Petrobras, BHP Billiton, RioTinto, Total, Vale, and BG Group, among others. The Index found that extractive industry companies are increasingly seeing the relevance of FPIC to their operations, but the oil and gas sector is lagging and companies are struggling to implement FPIC as clearly defined by international bodies and law.. As ...
Frontiers | Unsafe Occupational Health Behaviors: Understanding Mercury-Related Environmental Health Risks to Artisanal Gold...
The relationship between environmental exposure and health outcomes is complex, multidirectional and dynamic. Therefore, we need an understanding of these linkages for effective health risk communication. Despite the severe health hazards, artisanal gold mining is widespread globally, with an estimated 30 million people engaged in it. In this study, the relationships between artisanal gold miners knowledge of environmental and health effects of Hg and compositional, contextual and occupational factors were assessed using generalized linear models (negative log-log regression). A cross-sectional survey in three urban gold mining hubs in Ghana (Prestea, Tarkwa and Damang), was carried out among 588 (482 male and 106 female) artisanal gold miners. The results showed that 89% of artisanal gold miners had very low to low levels of knowledge whereas 11% had moderate to very high levels of knowledge of deleterious health effects of Hg. Also, individuals who perceived their health-related work conditions to be
The Impact of Illegal Artisanal Gold Mining on the Peruvian Amazon: Benefits of Taking a Direct Mercury Analyzer into the Rain...
Illegal artisanal gold mining using mercury amalgamation is poisoning people and the ecosystem in the Amazon rain forest. By taking the technique of direct mercury analysis to a remote, field-based laboratory, the team of Professor Luis Fernandez is measuring the extent of the contamination in a wide variety of samples, including soil, fish, air and human hair.
Paralysis in iron ore mining hurting industries, people sentiments : Anil Agarwal - Indias Largest CSR Network
When Goa mining delegation met Prime Minister and asked for help, the PM said, while environmental concerns should be sincerely addressed, all should remember that poverty is the greatest polluter. Union Finance Minister P. Chidambaram statement on iron ore mining to find a way to export iron ore and restart iron ore mining is already more than 3 months old.. Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Anand Sharma too spoke on removing the ban by stating that we dont want ban to continue and all mining activities are not illegal and stressed upon iron ore export. But these statements have given no reprieve to the iron miners in Goa and Karnataka. Their vows do not seem to end.. Anil Agarwal, Vedanta Chairman tweeted, Paralysis in iron ore mining hurting industries and people sentiments, has put Goa and Karnataka economy into shambles, leaving 100,000 jobless. Thousands of people are employed in mining operations which include regular and contract employees. All are sitting idle. It is not ...
Ballard Signs Deal with Heavyweight Mining Company Anglo American for 900kW of Fuel Cell Modules to Support Mining Truck...
Ballard Signs Deal with Heavyweight Mining Company Anglo American for 900kW of Fuel Cell Modules to Support Mining Truck Demonstration Project. Burnaby, BC, October 30, 2019--Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP; TSX: BLDP) announced receipt of a purchase order for 9 of its FCveloCity®-HD 100 kilowatt (kW) fuel cell modules from Anglo Americans platinum business, the worlds largest platinum group metals mining company and a strategic investor in Ballard.
Calhoun Gold Mining Co Vs Ajax Gold Mining Co - Citation 89053 - Court Judgment | LegalCrystal
U.S. Supreme Court Calhoun Gold Mining Co. v. Ajax Gold Mining Co., 182 U.S. 499 (1901) Calhoun Gold Mining Company v. Ajax Gold Mining Company No.195 Argued March 13-14, 1901 Decided May 27, 1901 182 U.S. 499 ERROR TO THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF COLORADO Syllabus The rights conferred upon the locators of mining locations by Rev.Stat. § 2322, are not subject to the right of way expressed in § 2323, and are not limited by § 2336. As to § 2336, by giving to the oldest or prior location, where veins unite, all ore or mineral within the space of intersection, and the vein below the point of union, the prior location takes no more, notwithstanding that § 2322 gives to such prior location the exclusive right of possession and enjoyment of all the surface included within the limits of the location, and of all veins, lodes and ledges throughout their entire depth, the top or apex of which lies inside of such surface lines extended downward, vertically. Held that § 2336 does not conflict with ...
underground mining benefits
underground mining benefits_What are the advantages of underground mining? answers 825032825032Industries and Professions825032MiningAdvantages of Underground Mining are: It allows minerals to be extracted from deep und
Hausfeld | Groundbreaking settlement reached on behalf of Southern African gold miners suffering from Silicosis and Tuberculosis
May 3, 2018 (Washington D.C.) - Hausfeld is proud to announce a groundbreaking settlement on behalf of Southern African gold miners suffering from occupational lung disease that was finalized today in Johannesburg, South Africa. This historic class action settlement, the first ever of its kind in South Africa, reflects more than a decade of preparation and litigation aimed at providing compensation to the gold miners who suffered from silicosis and tuberculosis over the last 50 years.
mining operations cyanide
mining operations cyanide_What is the role of cyanide in mining | MiningFacts miningfacts Environment WhatistheroleofcyanideinminingWhat is the role of cyanide in mining? the cyanide concentration of effluent leaving a
Environment News Ghana: Mining activities in Obuasi, Tarkwa pollute 262 rivers, plague residents with keratosis and diabetes
A recent report issued by the Commission of Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) on human rights abuses in mining communities confirmed the assertion of residents of mining communities that most of water borne diseases they suffer are as a result of the bad quality of water supplied to them after their sources of drinking water have been destroyed, he said, quoting CHRAJs 2008 report ...
Resources | Free Full-Text | Integrating Industrial Ecology Thinking into the Management of Mining Waste
Mining legacies are often dominated by large waste facilities and their associated environmental impacts. The most serious environmental problem associated with mine waste is heavy metals and acid leakage through a phenomenon called acid mine drainage (AMD). Interestingly, the toxicity of this leakage is partly due to the presence of valuable metals in the waste stream as a result of a diversity of factors influencing mining operations. A more preventive and recovery-oriented approach to waste management, integrated into mine planning and operations, could be both economically attractive and environmentally beneficial since it would: mitigate environmental impacts related to mine waste disposal (and consequently reduce the remediation costs); and increase the resource recovery at the mine site level. The authors argue that eco-efficiency and resilience (and the resulting increase in a mines lifetime) are both critical-yet overlooked-characteristics of sustainable mining operations. Based on these
SNAK CREEK MINING & TUNNEL CO. v. MIDWAY IRR. CO. et al. | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute
Mr. Justice VAN DEVANTER delivered the opinion of the Court.. This is a suit to determine conflicting claims to underground waters collected and brought to the surface by a mining tunnel in Utah. The plaintiff (petitioner here) is a mining company incorporated in Delaware and the defendant an irrigation company incorporated in Utah. Each seeks to have the right to use the waters quieted in itself as against the other. The District Court, with some hesitation, gave a decree for the mining company, which the Circuit Court of Appeals reversed, with a direction that one for the irrigation company be given. Midway Irr. Co. v. Snake Creek Mining & Tunnel Co., 271 Fed. 157. A writ of certiorari brings the case here. 256 U. S. 687, 41 Sup. Ct. 536, 65 L. Ed. 1172.. The mining company owns and operates a mine in a mountain along a tributary of the Provo river and, in furtherance of its mining operations, has driven a tunnel 14,500 feet into the mountain from a portal near the stream. The tunnel ...
MGT Capital Updates Shareholders on Bitcoin Mining Operations
HARRISON, N.Y., Oct. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MGT Capital Updates Shareholders on Bitcoin Mining Operations. Company moving forward with Phase Two of its...
2018 China Diaphragm Jig For Gold Mining Equipment
Jig plant for gold mining technology jig plant in alluvial gold mining the treatment installation shown in figure 3 was designed and built for an alluvial gold mining operation in west africa and consists of a scrubberscreening unit and a separate jig plant with six modules as the primary stage alluvial gold mining jig plant live chat.
AD30 Underground Mining Truck | Finning CAT
The AD30 underground mining truck is designed for high production, low cost-per-ton hauling in smaller underground mining applications. Rugged construction and easy maintenance guarantee long life with low operating costs. Engineered for performance, designed for comfort, built to last.
Reed Gold Mine teachers guide :: State Publications
Reed Gold Mine Teachers Guide September 2000 2 Acknowledgments SINCEREST APPRECIATION TO: Dr. Richard F. Knapp, North Carolina Historic Sites -Division of Archives and History John B. Dysart, Reed Gold Mine State Historic Site -Site Manager Susan E. Smith, Reed Gold Mine State Historic Site -Chief of Historic Interpretations Don McNeely of T. Braedens, Inc. -President of Gold History Corporation Elizabeth Boyd, T. Braedens, Inc. President AND TO: The Reed Gold Mine Bicentennial of Gold Education Committee: Robert Remsburg III, Reed Gold Mine State Historic Site - Former Assistant Site Manager Dr. Barbara Theide, Reed Gold Mine State Historic Site -Former Bicentennial Coordinator Amy Archer, Kannapolis City Schools, - Instructional Technology Specialist Dr. Ken Burrows, University of North Carolina at Charlotte - Professor of Continuing Education Jody Cohen, Kannapolis City Schools, Social Studies - 4th Grade Teacher 3 Michael Corrigan, Kannapolis City Schools - K-5 Resource Room Teacher ...
non metallurgical manganese mining companies
non metallurgical manganese mining companies_mining business mediaprairie mining doubles its european coal market push with new polish mine. prairie minings ambitions to become a major supplier to european industry has taken a leap sama
Confronting corruption in Ugandas mining industry - Mining Technology
The upshot of a corrupt and mismanaged licensing process appears to be hesitation from major mining firms that consider navigating such choppy regulatory waters too risky, while the applications of companies that do invest are not properly assessed.. I do think some of the bigger, more credible investors are probably put off when they look at that investment, Boden says. Rio Tinto has come and had a look around, I think on a couple of occasions, and hasnt ended up making serious investments, and that could well be because they have concerns about the way the sectors governed.. Several ongoing Ugandan mining operations appear to have been compromised by corruption at the heart of the licensing system. In 2013, Tibet Hima Mining Company won a contract to reopen the former colonial Kilembe copper mines; a deal that, according to two DGSM officials who spoke to Global Witness, went through at the instruction of President Yoweri Museveni.. Since then, the $175m project has made poor progress ...
For over an hour I was questioned on many topics. Here are a few snippets:. Why should the noise impacts from the proposed iron sands mining operation on blue whales be considered when seismic survey activity produces noise 1,000 to 100,000 times louder?. My answer: Seismic survey noise is very loud, but its important to note that seismic and mining noises are two different types of sound sources. Seismic surveys noise is an impulsive noise (a loud bang every ~8 seconds), while the mining operation will produce non-impulsive (continuous) sound. Also, the mining operation will likely be continuous for 32 years. Therefore, these two sound sources are hard to compare. Its like comparing the impacts of listening to pile driving for a month, and listening to a vacuum cleaner for 32 years. Whats important here is to considering the cumulative effects of both these noise sources occurring at the same time: pile driving on top of vacuum cleaner.. How many blue whales have been sighted within 50 km of ...
Disability Weights for Chronic Mercury Intoxication Resulting from Gold Mining Activities: Results from an Online Pairwise...
In artisanal small-scale gold mining, mercury is used for gold-extraction, putting miners and nearby residents at risk of chronic metallic mercury vapor intoxication (CMMVI). Burden of disease (BoD) analyses allow the estimation of the public health relevance of CMMVI, but until now there have been …
iron ore secondary crusher particle size in philippines
Iron ore crusher The common iron ores are magnetite, hematite, limonite, siderite, pyrite, blue iron ore, etc. If you are in the field and want to start business about iron ore mining, you need a better iron ore crusher to help you! Iron ore crusher can process: Iron ore, copper ore, steel slag, pebbles, quartz, granite, basalt, diabase, etc.. Know More ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 20039158 - Underground and surface mining facts - 2008.
Mining Operations: Data obtained from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) indicated a total of 925 underground (6.2%) and 13,982 surface (93 .8%) mining operations. Employees: A total of 59,922 employees, or 62,565 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, were reported to MSHA as working at underground mining locations in 2008. This is in contrast to 332,797 employees (or 278,054 FTE emp
Gold News, Gold Market, Mining Companies, Silver News | Kitco News
Worlds most complete coverage of Gold News, the Gold Market, Mining Companies, Silver News, & Technical Analysis & what is moving Gold Prices & Silver Prices. At Kitco News.
Gold News, Gold Market, Mining Companies, Silver News | Kitco News
Worlds most complete coverage of Gold News, the Gold Market, Mining Companies, Silver News, & Technical Analysis & what is moving Gold Prices & Silver Prices. At Kitco News.
El Nasr Mining Company: Board Committees & Members - Bloomberg
Get El Nasr Mining Company committee member information & profiles. Find executive committee, audit committee, compensation committee and other company committees.
Clifton Mining Company Inc. (OTC : CFTN)
/CNW/ - Clifton Mining Company would like to update its shareholders on several items. First, the Companys audited financial statements for 2011, are...
Western QLD grazier, John Seccombe discussing the Federal Governments announcement to have a mining company fund GABSI - ABC...
Former chairman of the Great Artesian Basin Consultative Council and western Queensland Grazier, John Seccombe is sceptical the Federal Governments solution to have a mining company fund a water saving scheme will be sufficient in replacing GABSI.
Mining Companies in Perth, WA
Find Perth, WA Mining Companies on bloo. We provide contact info, maps, image slideshows and you can Click to Call our premium listings for free!
Search for pc-crash - SAE International
The increase of mining activities in the northern regions of Chile has brought about a new environment in terms of mobility to those areas where this industry has moved forward. This change has not only affected road traffic accidents on public roads of the surrounding mines, but also the inner organization of the mining companies, which must fulfill strict regulations, achieving the highest levels of safety. Given this situation, the current road traffic accidentology with respect to the northern regions of Chile has been analyzed in this paper. The results of the analysis have shown the relevant weight of the human factor and the state of the infrastructure related to the number of road fatalities. Thus, this paper provides solutions to combine the existing driver-centered technologies together with GPS systems that can track the movement of several vehicles and the design of safety berms in mine haul roads to mitigate the number of fatalities associated with mining activity ...
Global Mining Guidelines Group | Emerging topic: Location Tracking
Location tracking has emerged as a potential new project for the Underground Mining Working Group. Systems for tracking, locating and monitoring the activity of people and things have many potential benefits because they improve situation awareness and lead to safer, more productive and more efficient operations.. On the surface, high-precision GPS has been a driver of new applications and capabilities in mining. However, GPS is unavailable for underground mines. Therefore, other emerging technologies for underground mining must be considered in order to uncover the benefits of precise and accurate location tracking.. With the advent of new underground location technologies, there is an identified need to develop an instructive document for mining companies looking to implement tracking within their mines based on mining-specific use cases. Ultimately, there is the need for greater interoperability between location tracking technologies to enable the enhanced precision and accuracy for ...
China Cone Crusher in Mining Industry - China Big Ratio of Crushing, Anti-Iron Overload Protection
China Cone Crusher in Mining Industry, Find details about China Big Ratio of Crushing, Anti-Iron Overload Protection from Cone Crusher in Mining Industry - Shanghai DENP Industrial Co., Ltd.
Nonmetallic Mining Forms
No person may engage in nonmetallic mining or nonmetallic mining reclamtion in Fond du Lac County without first obtaining and completing a reclamation permit. New Mine Reclamation Permit Application Some nonmetallic mining sites may be exempt from obtaining a nonmetallic mining reclamation permit from Fond du lac County if they meet one of the requirments on the Site Exemption Request form.. A nonmetallic mining reclamation permit may be transferred to a new owner or operator upon satifaction of completing a Reclamation Permit Transfer Application, submitting proof of financial assurance, submittal of annual permitting fees and written certification by the new permit holder that all conditions of the nonmetallic mining permit will be complied with.. The general operator of a nonmetallic mining site with more than one operator on-site (for example one operator mining, and another operator crushing) may choose to submit a reclamation plan covering all aspects of mining operations on the site. In ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 20035802 - Mining facts - 2007.
Mining Operations: In 2007, a total of 14,871 mining operations reported employment data to the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). Almost half (48.4%) were sand and gravel mines, followed by stone mines (31.2%), coal mines (13.7%), nonmetal mines (4.9%), and metal mines (1.9%). Employees: There were 271,414 mine operator employees, or 275,871 full-time equivalent (FTE) workers. For mine
knelson centrifugal machine for gold mining
knelson centrifugal machine for gold mining_Gold Mining Knelson Type Centrifugal Gold Mining Knelson Type Centrifugal Machine , Find Complete DGold Mining Knelson Type Centrifugal Gold Mining Knelson Type Centrifugal Machine , Find Complete D
gold miner pc game free download
gold miner pc game free download_Gold Miner Special Edition Game Download a free trial, read about the game, Gold Miner Special EditGold Miner Special Edition Game Download a free trial, read about the game, Gold Miner Special Edit
Risk Management Determinants Affecting Firms Values in the Gold Mining Industry: New Empirical Results
The goal of this article is to isolate the significant determinants that affect the decision of non-financial firms to hedge their risks. Our application is for the North American gold mining industry. The random variable considered is the selling price of an ounce of gold. We show that several factors related to maximizing the firms value significantly affect the decision to hedge the price of gold.
Mining for a Living in the Majority World - Lausanne Movement
Where ASM is active in an area, it is either ignored by outsiders, or they intervene along three distinct lines as follows:. 1. Foreign mining company interventions. The miners may be treated as barefoot prospectors for large scale, usually internationally financed mining companies. If the deposits are small, they will not attract further interest from them. However, if the deposits warrant exploitation that is likely to give good returns on investment, these foreign companies will register mining claims over the area through national governments that are based in far-away capital cities. Generally the state sees the foreign mining companies as reliable partners who pay their taxes, are likely to abide by their corporate social responsibilities, and conform to environmental and other laws because they are also held to account by their shareholders or the media in the West.. Once the deal is secured, the majority world governments typically outlaw or confine ASM to certain areas, leaving the ...
Particle Size Of Iron Ore Concentrate - Fortune Mining Company
Fig. 1. Particle size distribution analysis of iron ore concentrate Table 1. Chemical analysis of iron ore concentrate Sample Fe tot FeO S P MgO CaO Al 2 O 3 SiO 2 LOI* Pellet feed (%wt) 69.85 26.75 0.13 0.05 0.41 0.18 0.25 1.19 2.58 * Loss-on-ignition Table 2.
Prediction and Remediation of Water Quality in Monitoring Potential of Acid Mine Drainage | Science Publications
Acid Mine Drainage (AMD) associated with both active and abandoned mining operations related to sulfide minerals, oxidation of pyrite affording an acidic solution that contains toxic metal ions. Result shows that pH value of water in Kg. Aur, Chini and Sg. Lembing are acidic with value of 2.81, 4.16 and 3.60 respectively. Maximum concentrations of heavy metals in the study area are: Pb (0.2 mg/L), Cd (0.05 mg/L), Zn (5.1 mg/L), Cu (5.2 mg/L), Mn (10.9 mg/L), Cr (0.2 mg/L), Ni (0.2 mg/L), As (0.005 mg/L) and Fe (202.69 mg/L). Prediction of acid formation using acid-base calculations from all samples shows high potential acid production between 22.84-2500.16 kg CaCO3/tonne. The ratio of Neutralization (NP) with Acid Potential (APP) shows a very low value (ratio|1) Sg. Lembing (0.02), Chini (0.08), Selinsing (0.31) and Kg. Aur (0.81). Analysis from the tank experiment after 30 days shows pH of LFS, bentonite, activated carbon and zeolite change to 6.11, 3.91, 2.98 and 2.71 respectively. Three mine sites
Industry sector definitions
The Mining Division includes units that mainly extract naturally occurring mineral solids, such as coal and ores; liquid minerals, such as crude petroleum; and gases, such as natural gas. The term mining is used in the broad sense to include underground or open cut mining; dredging; quarrying; well operations or evaporation pans; recovery from ore dumps or tailings as well as beneficiation activities (i.e. preparing, including crushing, screening, washing and flotation) and other preparation work customarily performed at the mine site, or as a part of mining activity.. The Mining Division distinguishes two basic activities: mine operation and mining support activities.. Mine operation includes units operating mines, quarries, or oil and gas wells on their own account, or for others on a contract or fee basis, as well as mining sites under development.. Mining support activities include units that perform mining services on a contract or fee basis, and exploration (except geophysical ...
Industry sector definitions
The Mining Division includes units that mainly extract naturally occurring mineral solids, such as coal and ores; liquid minerals, such as crude petroleum; and gases, such as natural gas. The term mining is used in the broad sense to include underground or open cut mining; dredging; quarrying; well operations or evaporation pans; recovery from ore dumps or tailings as well as beneficiation activities (i.e. preparing, including crushing, screening, washing and flotation) and other preparation work customarily performed at the mine site, or as a part of mining activity.. The Mining Division distinguishes two basic activities: mine operation and mining support activities.. Mine operation includes units operating mines, quarries, or oil and gas wells on their own account, or for others on a contract or fee basis, as well as mining sites under development.. Mining support activities include units that perform mining services on a contract or fee basis, and exploration (except geophysical ...
vacancies at mimosa mining company
Munyaradzi Musiiwa, Midlands Correspondent MIMOSA Mining Company is working with Government to set up Covid-19 testing centres in Beitbridge and at Robert Mugabe International Airport in Harare so ...Zvishavane: A tale of two mining companies , The Sunday MailOwned by the Mimosa Mining Company, the suburb is one of the most remarkable residential projects undertaken by a mining house in recent years. The completion of Platinum Park has put two of Zvishavanes biggest mining companies - Mimosa and Shabanie Mine - in the spotlight, albeit for very different reasons.Mimosa , Sibanye-StillwaterAug 11, 2020· Mimosa Mining Company is operated by Impala Platinum and jointly owned by Sibanye-Stillwater on a 50:50 shareholding following the conclusion of a US$4.3 billion all-cash offer on April 12, 2016, which resulted in Sibanye-Stillwater acquiring all the .Mimosa Mining Company , LinkedInMimosa Mining Company , 2,266 followers on LinkedIn , Mimosa is wholly owned by Mimosa Investments Limited, a ...
Risk of pulmonary tuberculosis relative to silicosis and exposure to silica dust in South African gold miners. | Occupational &...
OBJECTIVES: To investigate the following questions. (1) Is silica dust on its own, without the presence of silicosis, associated with an increased risk of pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) in workers exposed to silica dust? (2) In the absence of silicosis is the excess risk dose related? (3) What is the predominant chronological sequence between the development of PTB and the development of silicosis after the end of exposure to dust? METHODS: A cohort of 2255 white South African gold miners has been followed up from 1968 to 1971, when they were 45-55 years of age, to 31 December 1995 for the incidence of PTB. During the follow up 1592 (71%) men died. Of these, 1296 (81%) had a necropsy done at the National Centre for Occupational Health (NCOH) to determine the presence of silicosis and PTB. The incidence of PTB in the cohort was studied relative to cumulative exposure to dust and the onset of silicosis. For the miners with necropsy, the incidence for PTB was studied relative to the severity of ...
high phosphorus iron ore beneficiation in china
Oolitic Hematite mines, iron ore with poor beneficiation ... Chinas steel industry. ... ore with high phosphorus content and weak magnetism, it. Mining in AFRICA towards 2020 - KPMG (e.g. in Gabon and Guinea) and the opinion of some iron ore ... high-quality phosphate rock on the continent. ... SOEs to mine minerals, export them without beneficiation, and then ... Chinese mining ...High Phosphorus Iron Ore Beneficiation In ChinaHigh phosphorus iron ore beneficiation in china industry. Iron ore provides the foundation for one of Australias major export industries. the large high-grade concentrations of iron ore currently mined throughout the world. next in importance and are prized for their low impurities such as phosphorus. Thermally assisted liberation of high.Beneficiation Of High Phosphorus From Iron OresHigh phosphorus iron ore beneficiation in china. High phosphorus iron ore beneficiation in china sgs - abrasion test - mining benification iron ore are rocks or minerals from which ...
365 Predictors of silicosis in an industry wide study in the South African gold mining industry | Occupational & Environmental...
Results A total of 14,434 radiographs from 15 goldmining shafts were read. Silicosis prevalence varied from 0.68% to 6.28% across shafts; 7.8 fold across the range in adjusted analysis. Silicosis showed a strong dose response relationship with years since first employment [OR 8.1 (95% CI 3.2, 21) for , 30 vs , 15 years]. Surprisingly, after adjusting for years since first employment, age was still predictive of silicosis risk (p , 0.001). Miners from Lesotho, who make up a large minority of the workforce, had an increased odds (OR 1.55; 95% CI 1.2, 1.9) of silicosis relative to South African miners.. ...
Restoring abandoned mine sites in Canada for the crater good
Until Québecs 1987 Mining Act and Newfoundland and Labradors 1999 Mining Act were established, no set regulations existed for mining companies to take responsibility for the rehabilitation and revegetation of sites in these provinces. Abandoned mining sites exist across Canada, where all that is left is waste rock and fine fluid tailings. This can lead to environmental problems like water contamination, which can be especially dangerous to aquatic life if left untreated.. This is why, for the past 3 years, Tata Steel Minerals of Canada (TSMC) has been funding research projects to restore its mine sites in the region north of Schefferville, in both Quebec and Newfoundland and Labrador with the help of various organizations including Université Laval, McGill University, local industry, Aboriginal environmental technicians, and the National Research Council of Canada (NRC). NRC researchers Dr. Charles Greer and Didier Barré, P.Geo, M.Sc. from the NRCs Energy, Mining and Environment Research ...
Mining Industry Plans Massive Use of Seawater in Arid Northern Chile | Inter Press Service
While the mining industry has used seawater in different parts of the world for many years, in Chile there are only a few isolated cases, usually on the part of small or medium-sized companies that deal with minerals whose extraction is not affected by the salinity of the water, he explained.. The first big mining company to use seawater in Chile was Minera Esperanza, a joint venture between Antofagasta Minerals and the Marubeni Corporation.. The companys copper mine uses untreated seawater, transported through a 145-kilometre-long pipeline, in all of its processes. Seawater currently accounts for 30 percent of all of the water is utilises.. The state-owned National Copper Corporation of Chile (CODELCO) will use seawater for the first time to exploit the sulphide reserves of the Radomiro Tomic mine, in one of the structural projects the company is implementing to extend the useful life of a number of its mines.. In the case of the Radomiro Tomic (RT) Sulphides project, the use of seawater ...
Audits find mining companies underpaid $8.7 million in Nevada taxes - Las Vegas Sun Newspaper
Three Nevada mining companies have shorted their taxes by $8.7 million since 2008, according to recently completed audits of their tax returns. The audits are the first of an industrywide examination by the Department of Taxation that is expected to extend to 2015.
Biomarkers of metals exposure in fish from lead-zinc mining areas of by Christopher J. Schmitt, Jeffrey J. Whyte et al.
The potential effects of proposed lead-zinc mining in an ecologically sensitive area were assessed by studying a nearby mining district that has been exploited for about 30 y under contemporary environmental regulations and with modern technology. Blood and liver samples representing fish of three species (largescale stoneroller, Campostoma oligolepis, n = 91; longear sunfish, Lepomis megalotis, n = 105; and northern hog sucker, Hypentelium nigricans, n = 20) from 16 sites representing a range of conditions relative to mining activities were collected. Samples were analyzed for metals (also reported in a companion paper) and for biomarkers of metals exposure [erythrocyte δ-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALA-D) activity; concentrations of zinc protoporphyrin (ZPP), iron, and hemoglobin (Hb) in blood; and hepatic metallothionein (MT) gene expression and lipid peroxidation]. Blood lead concentrations were significantly higher and ALA-D activity significantly lower in all species at sites nearest to
Air pollutants emission estimation from mining industry in Macedonia - UGD Academic Repository
This paper presents air pollutants (particles and gaseous) emissions estimation from extraction and concentration processes of raw mineral materials (commonly referred as mining industry). Emissions estimations are based on extensive analysis of each specific site including production rates, equipment and processes used as much as type of material processed. Data for national mining industry are based on 2010 unofficial reports (obtained through authors direct research), and are compiled as per CORINAIR (CLRTAP) reporting requirements. Methodologies and results are discussed below.. ...
Valuing the Non-Market Impacts of Underground Coal Mining - AgEcon Search
A strategic inquiry into underground coal mining in New South Wales, Australia, identified the need for non-market valuation studies and recommended increased use of benefit cost analysis in assessing individual mining proposals. This paper reports on the results of a choice experiment undertaken for a mine in the Southern Coalfield of New South Wales. Results from the study are used to aid the government decision by evaluating alternative proposals to continue underground coal mining operations. Results show that community wellbeing declines with increases in the kilometres of streams, the hectares of swamp, and the number of Aboriginal sites affected by mine subsidence. Community wellbeing increases with the length of time that the mine provides 320 jobs. Implicit price estimates from the choice experiment were incorporated into a benefit cost analysis of continued mining at the mine to assess the economic efficiency of a range of environmental restrictions on the proposed mining operations. Even
washing chlorides from iron ore
how to reduce silicon dioxide from washing in iron ore, Iron Ore - Mineral Fact Sheets - Australian Mines Atlas It is the fourth most abundant element after oxygen, silicon and aluminium, and , Most iron ores mined today comprise the iron oxide minerals hematite, Fe2O3 , ore mines throughout the world, all the major Australian iron ore mines are open cut , mainly for coal washing, mineral separation, cement manufacture, gas and,Difference Between Iron II Chloride and Iron III Chloride ,, Nov 23, 2020· The key difference between iron II chloride and iron III chloride is that the Fe atom in iron(II) chloride chemical compound has a +2 oxidation state whereas the Fe atom in iron(III) chloride compound has a +3 oxidation state Iron(II) chloride and iron(III) chloride are important inorganic compounds of the chemical element iron (Fe) Iron II chloride is also named as ferrous chloride, and ,Determination of Iron in Ore by Redox Titration, Determination of Iron Ore by Redox Titration If the indicator ...
Iron Ore Mining Process Flow Chart Pdf Plant Separation Processing Machine Of The Mineral Flowcharts
Iron Ore Mining Process Flow Chart Pdf Plant Separation Processing Machine Of The Mineral Iron Ore Mining Process Flow Chart Flowcharts iron ore mining process flow chart iron ore mining process flow chart pdf If you need to create a flowchart on your Mac to show a workflow, program, product, or service process, then you need a tool to do it. While you can use Pages to create very basic flowcharts, you might need something more robust. Find Your Next Flowcharts
st of a gold mining plant
Harmony Gold is the third largest gold mining company in South Africa.Harmony operates in South Africa and in Papua New Guinea.The company has nine underground mines one open-pit mine and several surface operations in South Africa. In Papua New Guinea it has Hidden Valley an open-pit gold and silver mine and a 50 interest in the Morobe Mining Joint Venture which includes the Wafi Chat Online ...
Carbon tax delayed, acid mine water levies planned
South Africas government delayed the implementation of a planned carbon tax to 2016, while saying it may impose new levies on mining companies to help fund the treatment of acid water seeping from disused gold mines.. The National Treasury two years ago said it planned to charge 120 rand ($11) on every metric ton of carbon emitted above a 60 percent threshold from 2014 and raise the rate by 10 percent a year for the following six years. Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan last year announced a delay in the tax, first proposed in December 2010, until 2015.. The National Treasury and the Department of Environmental Affairs have agreed that a package of measures is needed to address climate change and to reduce omissions, Gordhan said in his budget speech in Cape Town today. To allow for further consultation, the implementation of the carbon tax is postponed by a year to 2016.. The government will probably raise 8 billion rand to 30 billion rand a year from the proposed tax, according to Cecil ...
Respiratory Symptoms and Diminished Lung Functions Associated with Occupational Dust Exposure Among Iron Ore Mine Workers in...
Respiratory Symptoms and Diminished Lung Functions Associated with Occupational Dust Exposure Among Iron Ore Mine Workers in Iran
Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 - Wikipedia
SMCRA grew out of a concern about the environmental effects of strip mining. Coal had been mined in the United States since the 1740s, but surface mining did not become widespread until the 1930s. At the end of that decade, states began to enact the first laws regulating the coal mining industry: West Virginia in 1939, Indiana in 1941, Illinois in 1943, and Pennsylvania in 1945. Despite those laws, the great demand for coal during World War II led to coal being mined with little regard for environmental consequences. After the war, states continued to enact and expand regulatory programs, some of which required mining permits or the posting of bonds to ensure that the land could be reclaimed after mining was complete. But these state laws were largely unsuccessful at stemming the environmental impacts of surface mining. One problem was that the law varied from state to state, enabling mining operations to relocate to states where regulations were less strict. Meanwhile, surface mining became ...
IJERPH | Free Full-Text | An Investigation of Organic and Inorganic Mercury Exposure and Blood Pressure in a Small-Scale Gold...
There is increasing concern about the cardiovascular effects of mercury (Hg) exposure, and that organic methylmercury and inorganic Hg2+ may affect the cardiovascular system and blood pressure differentially. In small-scale gold mining communities where inorganic, elemental Hg exposures are high, little is known about the effects of Hg on blood pressure. In 2011, we assessed the relationship between Hg exposure and blood pressure (BP) in a cross-sectional study of adults from a small-scale gold mining community, Kejetia, and subsistence farming community, Gorogo, in Ghanas Upper East Region. Participants resting heart rate and BP were measured, and hair and urine samples were provided to serve as biomarkers of organic and inorganic Hg exposure, respectively. Participants included 70 miners and 26 non-miners from Kejetia and 75 non-miners from Gorogo. Total specific gravity-adjusted urinary and hair Hg was higher among Kejetia miners than Kejetia non-miners and Gorogo participants (median urinary Hg: 5
Discrete element modeling of a mining-induced rock slide | SpringerPlus | Full Text
Mining-induced landslide is a man-made geohazard that has drawn increasing public attention. Studies have shown that these landslides are generally triggered by a confluence of factors including underground mining, topographical and geological conditions (Sun et al. 2007). The underground mining activities may alter the stability of a slope by (1) generating cracks on the slope, (2) causing instability to the slope body through extractions of the slope mass, (3) altering the stress field and geological features of the slope, and (4) altering the subsurface hydrological regime of the slope (Tang 2009).. Longwall mining is a common mining technique used in China. An increase in mining depth may result in a large cavity area known as goaf. The roof above the coal seam is allowed to collapse freely into the goaf upon extractions of the coal. This consequently results in an alteration to the stress state of the slope body, a sagging and bending of the overlying rock strata, a formation of tension ...
New Talisman Gold Mines Limited (ASX:NTL) Gold Grades and Resources Double at Dubbo Deeps
New Talisman Gold Mines Limited (NZE:NTL) (ASX:NTL) is a dual listed with over 2,300 shareholders who are mainly from Australia and New Zealand. It is a leading New Zealand minerals development and exploration company with a mining permit encompassing the Talisman mine one of New Zealands historically most productive gold mines. Its gold properties near Paeroa in the Hauraki District of New Zealand are a granted mining permit, including a JORC compliant mineral resource within the original Talisman underground mine, and a Heads of agreement with Newcrest on an adjacent exploration permit along strike from the mine. The company is now advancing its plans to develop the mine, and advance the exploration project ...
Grand Canyon Uranium Mining
Because uranium mining is not consistently profitable, these mining operations are often abandoned for decades at a time - without any oversight or continued maintenance of the work area. Large drilling sites, tailing piles and mines are often left open to the forces of nature - leading to leaks into groundwater, dispersal of airborne uranium pollution and dust, and unsafe conditions for recreational visitors to public lands. And if and when these old mines are cleaned up, the cost burden usually falls on the American public.. Even more disconcerting is the toxic legacy left on public lands and sacred American Indian sites. Iconic landscapes have been marred, and sources of drinking water remain polluted. Manmade ponds containing uranium-contaminated water are left uncovered and used by native birds and other wildlife. These mines affect habitat for more than 100 sensitive species, including mule deer, mountain lions, imperiled California condors and highly endangered native fish. Groundwater ...
Masked intruders raid Greek gold mining company
About 40 masked attackers raided the facilities of a prospective gold mine in northern Greece overnight Sunday, setting machinery and offices alight,...
Mining and Automation - How an Industry is Addressing Challenges | Cleantech Group
Emerging innovators are situated in areas with proven mining markets such as Canada, Australia and the USA, giving them rapid market access. To avoid direct competition with mining corporates, these startups are focusing on relatively stand-alone segments within the industry. For example, Earth AI sells the rights to its find for a stake in the project to a mining corporate rather than developing a mine itself. KoBold Metals is also expected to implement a similar model. Competition and Challenges Given the pressure on the mining industry to reduce its carbon footprint and the rise of ethical investing, investors are wary of funding the industry. This shifts corporates focus from innovation to retaining social license to operate and mitigating negative effects of their mining operations. For example, Glencore is using virtual reality to train miners, starting with its mine in Zambia in 2016, while BHP is incorporating the use of underground fleet management systems for task management, ...
gold mining electrolysis machine
gold mining electrolysis machine_Xinhai Gold Cip Production Line Gold Mining Machine GoldXinhai Gold Cip Production Line Gold Mining Machine Gold Processing Desorption electrolysis system with high effi
machine to e tract phosphorus from iron ore
2018-6-12 · A machine that breaks down iron ore is seen at the SNIM TO-14 iron ore mine in Zouerate, Mauritania, June 23, 2014. A SNIM truck. Contact Us. Mining of Iron Ores ispatguru. Mar 14, 2014 In these mining is done to extract iron ore from surface deposits. variation in grade, blending requirements and capacity of loading machinery ...
Iron Miners Historic Mining History and Gold Mining Services • View topic - Project to Clean Up Acid Mine Drainage
Charles Medico, president of Susquehanna Mining Solutions which will build the treatment facility, discussed his involvement. He said that about four years ago, he was introduced to Chris Gillis, an engineer that developed a patented process for cleaning acid mine drainage water. He was interested, but didnt know anything about this rust, so he had some water analyzed at Virginia Commonwealth University by Everett Carpenter ...
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - The Canadian mining company Gabriel Resources said Thursday it would sue Romania for $4.4 billion in alleged losses over a gold mine that Romanias government decided not to approve following protests.. The company said the lawsuit would be filed Friday with a World Bank tribunal, arguing that Romania had violated the investment treaty … by licensing and then blocking the implementation of projects without due process and without compensation.. Jonathan Henry, Gabriels CEO, said the company had operated in good faith and…. complied with all applicable Romanian and European Union legal and regulatory requirements, to obtain permits for the mine. It was granted an exploration license in 1999 for the Rosia Montanta Mining project in which Gabriel owns an 80.69 percent share, and a Romanian state-owned mining company 19.31 percent.. The open mine project would have been Europes largest gold mine. Gabriel said it would have injected up to $24 billion into the ...
International SOS supports infectious diseases initiative in the Democratic Republic of Congo
In November 2012, the Australia-Africa Mining Industry Group (AAMIG) attended a meeting at Chatham House in London on emerging infectious diseases in tropical hotspots around the world, referred to as the IDRAM Initiative (Extractive Industry Infectious Disease Risk Assessment Management).. The mining companies in Katanga involved in the project include Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Tenke Fungurume Mine) and AAMIG members Tiger Resources (Kipoi Mine), MMG (Kinsevere Mine) and Mawson West (Dikulushi Mine).. International SOS is coordinating the field work and providing liaison between the mining companies, the provincial health authorities, the University of Lubumbashi and the medical team.. The IDRAM Initiative is part of the USAID Emerging Pandemic Threats Programme, which aims to pre-empt or combat at their source, emerging infectious diseases of animal origin, that pose a threat to human health.. As approximately 75% of new human infectious diseases are believed to have emerged from animal ...
phosphates ore beneficiation equipment for vietnam
Iron ore beneficiation plant iron ore crushing and. iron ore beneficiation equipment sbm is a iron ore machine manufacturer in china and supplies rock crushers and grinding mills for iron ore beneficiation plant the most commonly used crushers and grinding mills Phosphates ore beneficiation equipment for vietnam. EuroChem Group AG Reports IFRS Financial Information for 2015. Dec 31 2015 Iron ore is the principal coproduct of phosphate rock beneficiation. commissioned. north america phosphate ore beneficiation equipment. Phosphates ore beneficiation equipment for vietnam eurochem group ag reports ifrs financial information for 2015 dec 31 2015 iron ore is the principal coproduct of phosphate rock beneficiation commissioned north america phosphate ore beneficiation equipmegold Gold Ore Beneficiation Equipment For Vietnam Phosphates ore beneficiation equipment for vietnam eurochem group ag reports ifrs financial information for 2015 dec 31 2015 iron ore is the principal coproduct of phosphate rock ...
Palawan river poisoned with cancer-causing chemicals- Kalikasan PNE - Bulatlat
Bulatlat.com. Environmental groups are pointing an accusing finger at irresponsible mining operators for the worsening state of the Palawan river.. According to the Friends of the Earth Japan (FoE-Japan) and the Kalikasan Peoples Network for the Environment (Kalikasan PNE), nickel mining operations in Palawan Island is to blame for the contamination of the Palawan river system. They said the river is already poisoned with unsafe levels of carcinogenic or cancer-causing chemicals.. During a recent present conference in Quezon City, the groups presented findings from an environmental field research study conducted in a river located downstream near the Rio Tuba Nickel Mining Corporations (RTNMC) mining operations and the Coral Bay Nickel Processing Plants operation.. The study, which started in 2009, analyzed water samples and revealed that present levels of hexavalent chromium (Cr-VI), a toxic and carcinogenic chemical, had already exceeded safe levels in the Togupon River. It showed that ...
Effects Of Iron Ore Particle Size On The Quality Of Pellets
Apr 09 2018 A number of compressive tests were conducted on iron ore pellets obtained from the Samarco pelletizing plant located at Ponta Ubu Brazil These pellets are formed by disk pelletizing of a mixture consisting of hematite iron ore (particle size less than 50 m) water and lime they are hardened in a traveling grate furnace and the nominal diameter varies between 9 and 16 mm.Feb 18 2021 Initially pellets with a bulk density of 2130 kg m angle of repose of 28 degrees and an average size of 12 mm were considered Due to the high computational cost of simulating a digital twin of the hold with particles in real size it was necessary to use scaled particle sizes without any need to scale the volume or mass of the cargo.The reduction of iron ore coal composite pellets wa s c rried out in the temperature range of 500 ~1200 C by thermogravimetry This study aims to investigate th e effect of particle size of iron ore on reduction behavior Three samples of different particle size were selected 2 ...
Living in the Shadow of Colombias Largest Coal Mine | Latest News | Earth Island Journal | Earth Island Institute
Moreover, in samples taken from the wells of several communities close to the mine, Indepaz found concentrations of heavy metals making the water unsuitable for human consumption. In the well in Provincial, researchers found arsenic and magnesium levels above those permitted for these metals. Specifically, in August 2016 they found arsenic levels of 0.026 mg/liter. The permitted value of arsenic in Colombia is 0.01 mg/liter. These metals, naturally present in rock and carbon, get dispersed in the environment by mining activity, contaminating the air, water and soil.. Cerrejón denies allegations that their operation is polluting local water resources, but Golda Fuentes, an investigator with Indepaz, contests this: El Cerrejón cannot possibly say that they are not contaminating the environment. We found that these concentrations are incompatible even with the Colombian standards for a healthy environment. The problem is that the laws applying to mining companies allow this ...
Stone Crusher Plant Project Feasibility Study
Feasibility Study Aggregate Stone Crusher. Feasibility study for a stone crusher plant feasibility study for a stone crusher plant in mining operations, the layout of crushing plants and ancillary equipment and structures is a studies, shortterm operations should aim for lower capital cost, while long.Stone crusher plant project feasibility report cgm crusher feasibility study for a stone crusher plant feasibility study for a stone crusher plant in mining operations the layout of crushing plants and ancillary equipment and structures is a studies shortterm.Feasibility Study Of Crushing Plant. Feasibility Study For Stone Crusher Plant- Special Feasibility study for soybean crushing plant feasibility of building a soybean crush facility in louisiana important when considering the feasibility of a soybean crush facility the us soybean has very low transportation costs for oil to the ventura plant and soybean meal is a truck move away from the.Feasibility study of crusher plant in ksa. granite ore ...
Victory for Conrad Sangma government, SC allows coal mining operation in Meghalaya- The New Indian Express
A bench of Justices Ashok Bhushan and K M Joseph directed the state administration to hand over the illegally extracted coal to Coal India Limited.
Mine Drainage Task Force Symposium - RESPEC
The West Virginia Mine Drainage Task Force was formed in 1978 and assigned to investigate the acid mine drainage (AMD) problem associated with surface mining in central West Virginia. Since then, the Task Force has broadened its scope to include areas outside of West Virginia with many diverse mine drainage issues.. Task Force members represent the mining industry, regulators, private consultants, and scientists. The objectives of the Task Force are to keep current on new developments in mine drainage research, treatment and control practices, and to present this information at annual symposia. Task Force Symposia have been held every year since 1980. ...
Who Does Silicosis Affect? | Richard Spoor Inc. Attorneys
According to a 2009 study by the University of Witwatersrand and University College, London, there are approximately 288,000 cases of compensable silicosis in South Africa involving former gold miners who have contracted silicosis as a direct result of their work.. Additional research has shown that approximately 20 to 30 percent of former and current gold miners contracted silicosis because of their exposure to harmful quantities of dust underground. These and other similar studies show the same pattern-staggering numbers of miners, families and communities injured over decades and decades because of the mining industrys neglect.. The overwhelming majority of former gold miners are from areas historically known for supplying migratory labour to locations, including the Eastern Cape, Lesotho, Mozambique and Botswana. These areas are characterized by poverty and under-development. The Nelson Mandela Centre of Memorys website quotes Padraig OMalleys The Hope of Hope - South Africas Transition ...
Mass Distribution and Surface Area Trends of Size Fractionated Arsenic by Kory Cablay and Christopher S. Kim
California has a well-documented history of mining activity. The processes associated with mining for precious metals has yielded an increase in toxic inorganic arsenic levels in the mine wastes. Due to the relatively arid climate, the mobility and bioaccessibility of arsenic in these wastes are controlled by the size of the particle and arsenic concentration. This experiment intended to establish size and surface area trends in order understand the impact various mine wastes have on local communities. Three samples from the Randsburg Historic Mining District in Southern CA were used: Marigold East tailings, Marigold East waste rock, and Calico Mine tailings. Tailing samples were crushed and treated with various chemicals to extract precious metals while waste rock samples were mined but not processed. Samples were sieved into 11 distinct size fractions then analyzed for reactive surface area. Results indicated that the waste rock sample had a direct trend between its size and mass distribution with a
Brazils Vale receives non-binding offers for New Caledonia assets - Reuters
Brazilian iron ore miner Vale SA has received non-binding offers for its nickel mining operations on the Pacific island of New Caledonia, an executive said in a call with analysts on Wednesday.
2012 | Colombia Crest Gold Corp.
Porphyry System Characteristics. Porphyry-style gold systems host very large, bulk tonnage deposits that range from 2 to over 20 million ounces of gold and typically grade from 0.5 to 2 grams per tonne. Thus, major mining companies seek out porphyry style deposits for their economic scale and mine life - as evidenced by the private placement by IAMGOLD Corp late last year taking a 14% ownership of Colombia Crest based on the outcropping potassic alteration and discovery potential of the Companys immense land package in the prolific Middle Cauca Belt. Investments by other major mining companies have been announced in the Middle Cauca Belt, demonstrating a growing focus on Colombia as a source for new long-life gold mines.. Application for Warrant Extension. On May 10, 2010, the Company distributed 4,538,956 units at the price of $0.50 per unit by way of non-brokered private placement. Each unit was comprised of one common share and one warrant exercisable to purchase one additional common share ...
Uses Of Tungsten Ores Mining Equipment And Mine Design - All Products
What Equipment Is Used To Locate And Mine Tungsten, Uses of tungsten ores 2 mining equipment and mine design iron ore used for cement factory solution for ore mining used block plant for sale Uses Of Tungsten Ores Mining Equipment And Mine Design
Russia Manganese Mining Market Overview and Forecast to 2020 New Report | Oct 29, 2012 - ReleaseWire
Press Release issued Oct 29, 2012: Russia Manganese Mining Market Overview and Forecast to 2020: Trends, Fiscal Regime, Major Projects, and Competitive Landscape provides a comprehensive understanding of the Manganese mining industry in Russia. This report provides historical and forecasted data on Manganese ore production, consumption, and ores and concentrates trade (export and/or imports) to 2020. In additions to this, the report also includes drivers and restraints affecting the industry, profiles of major Manganese manganese mining companies, information on major active and planned mines and regulations governing the industry. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
Cancer rates in coal mining community spark concern | Medical Observer
A HIGHER than expected rate of cancer diagnosis has been found at a NSW coal loading terminal following a study of workers going back 23 years.
Iron Ore Crusher For Sale In Pakistan
Iron Ore Crusher In Karachi Pakistan - geolandsrl.it. Ore Crushing Equipment, Karachi - hotelesambato. iron ore crusher in karachi pakistan rijschoolhap.nl. karachi cemeent mill iron ore crusher equipment. lead zinc ore crushing processing lead zinc ore crushing processing lead and zinc ore is the metal rich mineral elements such as lead and zinc, blue gray, hardness 15, it is the most soft .... ...
The Biggest Coal Mining Company In Indonesia
Coal producer Churchill Mining (LON:CHL) and the government of Indonesia are said to be close to end a three-year long row over mining rights for one of the worlds ... ...
Australian Antarctic Territory
"No mining in Antarctica, say Aussies". Despite the current global appetite for minerals, which has underpinned two decades of ... During the early 1980s there was a brief debate in Australia on whether or not to allow mining on the mineral-rich continent. ... Several mining proposals have been discussed and have all been rejected. On the 9 August 2011, influential Australian think- ... Instead, the Madrid Protocol was negotiated and it includes a ban on Antarctic mining. Australian Government. Retrieved 26 June ...
C. A. Hornabrook
He then became, with J. M. Wendt and a few others, a major shareholder in the Baker's Creek gold mine at Hillgrove, New South ... "Mining". The South Australian Advertiser. South Australia. 28 March 1889. p. 6. Retrieved 21 May 2019 - via National Library of ... resigned his directorship of several companies including Grove Hill Gold Mining Company. In 1887 he offered some £30,000 worth ... made a fortune from property development in the city of Adelaide and investments in Broken Hill Proprietary and other mining ...
Wicklow Mountains National Park
"Mining". National Parks & Wildlife Service. Retrieved 11 July 2011. "Water Sports". National Parks & Wildlife Service. ... and remnants of mining villages. Recreational activities available within the park include walking and hiking, rock climbing, ...
List of public art in Cardiff
"Mining". Public Monument and Sculpture Association. Archived from the original on 10 December 2010. Retrieved 11 March 2012. " ...
In 1932, the Kingston Gold Mining Company began an open cut operation and mining continued until 1954. The area became an ... When the mine closed in 1954, the Albert Shire Council started to allow used recycled oil processing wastes to be dumped into a ... Buchanan, Robyn (1999). "Mining". Logan: Rich in History, Young in Spirit (PDF). Logan City Council. Archived from the original ... The other major industrial activity of the area was the Kingston gold mine at Mount Taylor. Although gold was discovered in ...
Included in this transaction were the Black Thunder Coal Mine and Coal Creek mines in the Powder River Basin of Wyoming; the ... In October 2009, Arch acquired Rio Tinto's Jacobs Ranch mine and blended it with Black Thunder Coal Mine in the southern Powder ... By integrating the North Rochelle mine with Black Thunder, Arch created the premier mine in the nation's fastest growing coal ... Arch Resources, previously known as Arch Coal, is an American coal mining and processing company. The company mines, processes ...
Tamar Hematite Iron Company
The Tasmania Mine had paid dividends of over £700,000 by 1900. It was one of the deepest and richest mines in Australia, by the ... After iron mining on the THIC lease had ceased in mid-1875, the focus of mining interest around Brandy Creek-now known as ... A new company, The Tasmania Extended Gold Mining Company was set up to mine gold, on ten acres of land on Cabbage Tree Hill, ... "Mining". Weekly Examiner (Launceston, Tas. : 1872 - 1878). 16 March 1878. p. 10. Retrieved 12 October 2019. "OUR GOLD MINES". ...
2016 Mining, at Art Space 976+, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 2018 2nd Yinchuan Biennale, at Yinchuan Contemporary Art Museum, China ... "Enkhbold Togmidshiirev , Mining , May 6 - May 19, 2016 - ART SPACE 976+". Retrieved 2019-11-14. "The Second Yinchuan Biennale: ...
Industrial Water Cooling
The company primarily supplies cooling towers to the following industrial sectors: power generation; mining; petrochemical ...
The key threats to their survival include dwindling habitat due to logging; mining; road kill by humans and predation by ...
An ironstone mine existed at Cronberry in the 1880s, as did a claypit and tileworks. The Cameron Stone on nearby Airds Moss ... Mortonmuir Colliery was begun in 1948 and opened in 1950 as one of the National Coal Board's short term drift mines; it closed ... Accessed : 2010-04-09 Sources Hutton, Guthrie (1996). Mining. Ayrshire's Lost Industry. Catrine : Stenlake Publishing. ISBN 1- ...
... mining; industrial automation; automotive, marine, and transit; and military, aerospace and OEM applications. Its ...
The New Penrose Tin and Copper Mining Company Ltd, which mined Trewavas Head went into liquidation in 1882. In 1990 part of ... The mine is on the southern end of the Tregonning granite within the Wendron Mining District. By the time Prosper closed in ... The prominent house on Rinsey Head is often said to have been the mine's count house (offices), it was built in the late 1920s ... "Mining". The Cornishman (203 (193)). 1 June 1882. p. 5. "Porthcew SSSI" (PDF). Natural England. 1990. Retrieved 26 February ...
... previously the Esperanza and Tesoro mines), Antucoya and Zaldivar (50% owned, 50% owned by the Canadian mining company Barrick ... The Los Pelambres mine was first recognized by Willian Burford Braden in 1920. One of the largest copper deposits in the world ... "A Plan to Mine the Minnesota Wilderness Hit a Dead End. Then Trump Became President". New York Times. 25 June 2019. Retrieved ... "Antofagasta sells Chilean mine for $52m". FT. 28 November 2016. Retrieved 18 March 2018. "Antofagasta creates one of Chile's ...
Mining; Textile and leather. Suceava occupies the first place among the Romanian cities with the most commercial spaces per ... The medieval salt mine of Cacica; The Vatra Dornei resort; The cities and towns of Rădăuți, Fălticeni, Câmpulung Moldovenesc, ...
"Mining". Zambia, Central Province website. "Tourism". Zambia, Central province Administration website. Coordinates: 14°50′S 28° ...
From 1952 to 1958, mining was revived by Lake George Mines, which also mined at Captains Flat. The main mine site was ... The village that grew as a result of the mining was situated just to the east of Lachlan Valley Way, opposite the mine site on ... A mine that produced copper, lead, silver, and gold-Kangiara Copper Mine-operated from 1907 to 1918, although small scale ... Today all that remains of the mining village and its mine are the former general store and some houses in what is still known ...
Mount Drysdale, New South Wales
... two mines would come to dominate the field, the Mount Drysdale mine and the Eldorado mine. These two mines were adjacent and, ... The village has a cemetery and the 'Mine Tank', an in-ground water storage once used by the mines; still exists, as do remnants ... "Mine Tank". Google Maps. Retrieved 2020-11-01. "Pictures relating to Mount Drysdale Mine in New South Wales - Bonzle Digital ... The machinery at the Eldorado mine was up for sale in August 1918. All attempts to reopen the mines appear to have failed. ...
The mine was closed on 15 February 1884 following a meeting of the shareholders and auctioned on 30 April 1884. The mine ... p. 7. "Tregembo Mine. Decision To Stop". The Cornishman (293). 21 February 1884. p. 6. "Tregembo Mine, near Hayle". The ... p. 1. "Mining". The Cornishman (222). 12 October 1882. p. 5. "Mining". The Cornishman (225). 2 November 1882. p. 5. "Tregembo ... East Tregembo mine, halfway between Relubbus and Townsend was explored in 1882 by Grenville Sharp of London and Mark R Chegwin ...
Shuttleton, New South Wales
The mines at Shuttleton included the Crowl Creek Copper Mine, the Commonwealth Copper Mine, and the South Shuttleton Mine ( ... In August 1908, the Crowl Creek and Shuttleton Mines were purchased by Nymagee Copper Limited Co., operator of the copper mine ... later known as the Shuttleton Mine). The Crowl Creek Copper Mine had a smelter. ... Once the copper mines closed, most inhabitants moved away. The size of the village's area was reduced in 1942 to suit its ...
"MINING. Block 10". The Barrier Miner. Broken Hill, NSW. 22 February 1890. p. 2. Retrieved 7 September 2015 - via National ...
Fitzroy Iron Works
This new adit mine lay on the opposite side of the gorge to an earlier mine. Smith and others in the Berrima district then ... People from other mining districts viewed this less sympathetically, noting that other mines had supplied their own tramways, ... Unfortunately, although Berrima mine was eventually opened, in 1881 by the Berrima Coal Mining and Railway Company, the closure ... "Mines and Mining". Australian Town and Country Journal. 26 May 1877. pp. 18, 19 - via Trove. "The manufacturing industries of ...
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Regions and Tourism
When the first Kurz cabinet took office in December 2017, the ministry was put in charge of the energy sector, mining, and ... mining, animal welfare, and the tourism industry. The Ministry was first created in 2000 through a merger of the Ministry of ... mining, and tourism under the first Kurz cabinet in 2018. The current Minister of Agriculture, Regions and Tourism is Elisabeth ... mining; postal and telecommunications services; voluntary service; tourism. Since January 2020, the ministry consists of the ...
Banded iron formation
"Minas Itabirito Complex". Mining Data Solutions. MDO Data Online Inc. Retrieved 22 June 2020. "Brazil Iron Ore Exports: By Port ... Banded iron formations account for more than 60% of global iron reserves and provide most of the iron ore presently mined. Most ... "Mining". Rio Tinto Iron Ore. 2010. Archived from the original on 12 June 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2011. " ... The American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, Inc. pp. 490-492. "Taconite". Minnesota Department of ...
Mining activity exists across the eastern region. Diamond mining is found in parts of Botswana and along the Namibian coast. ... Generally, mining, agriculture, the public sector and tourism dominate the economies of Southern African countries, apart from ... The region is distinct from the rest of Africa, with a robust mining sector and comparatively developed secondary and tertiary ... gold mining and textiles. Zimbabwe in particular has seen significant de-industrialisation as a result of factors both domestic ...
"Lead mining". Retrieved 25 March 2013. "Mining". Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2013. "Leisure ... The heaps of mining waste remain, contaminated with lead, and on which little will grow. The few plants that will are known as ... Lead mining was once the main industry in Wharfedale. From the 17th century to the late 19th century it employed hundreds of ... The Romans mined lead in the hills on Greenhow Hill overlooking Appletreewick until AD 410. After AD 620 the Ancient Britons ...
... Mine (grid reference SX055796) was a lead and silver mine about 1 km south-west of St Teath Churchtown. In 1881 it ... ISBN 978 0 319 24311 4. "Mining". The Cornishman (143). 7 April 1881. p. 5. "Treburgett Mine, Cornwall". Cornwall in focus. ... Also mined was 44 tons of zinc ore, 120 tons of pyrite and 62 tons of iron ore, as well as carminate (a lead iron arsenic ... was reported, in The Cornishman newspaper, that the old mine was to be restarted, with 60,000 £1 shares. Between 1871 and 1881 ...
Occupational safety and health
"Mining alert , Excavator engulfed after pit wall failure , Mine Safety News". Australasian Mine Safety Journal. 2019-07-09. ... Editor, Mining (2017-07-02). "Every Coal Mine Worker Should Know: Black Lung". Australasian Mine Safety Journal. Retrieved 2019 ... The commission sparked public outrage which resulted in the Mines Act of 1842. The act set up an inspectorate for mines and ... There are a range of hazards present in surface and underground mining operations. In surface mining, leading hazards include ...
T. J. Greenway
... followed by the School of Mines, where he was awarded a Diploma in Metallurgy and Mining in 1902. He worked as chief assayer at ... He was, like mining Captains Hancock and Warren, engrossed with the "sulphide problem". Much of the silver and lead ore was ... He was associated with Persian Oil, then with coal mining in the Abermain Seaham Collieries Ltd. and the J. & A. Brown coal ... "The Broken Hill Mines". The Chronicle (Adelaide). 42 (2, 157). South Australia. 23 December 1899. p. 21. Retrieved 22 January ...
Charles Skinner (geologist)
Allan Seccombe (2014-02-07). "De Beers steps up kimberlites' search , Mining". BDlive. Retrieved 2016-05-05. "Inside De Beers's ... Hunt for Africa's Elusive Diamonds - by Scott Patterson (Wall Street Journal - October 23, 2015)". Republic of Mining. 2015-10- ...
CDC - Mining Program - NIOSH
Mining Program. The NIOSH Mining Programs mission is to eliminate mining fatalities, injuries, and illnesses through relevant ... The mine itself can also pose significant hazards by way of roof and rib falls in underground mines and ground failures at ... Surface and underground mines and the associated processing plants pose a variety of hazards, some of which change as mining ... The Mining sector requires solutions to health and safety problems for miners in all types of mines, including metal, ...
Occupational Safety in Uranium Mining - World Nuclear Association
Uranium mining companies have generally taken active steps to reduce radiation doses wherever and whenever they can, and ... Uranium mining does not increase this discernibly for members of the public, for people living near the mines, or for others ... The modern uranium mining industry is regulated and has a good safety record. Radiation dose records compiled by major mining ... The product of uranium mining is normally uranium oxide concentrate - U3O8 - which is shipped from the mines in 200-litre drums ...
Roof Bolters, Mining
47-5061 Roof Bolters, Mining. Operate machinery to install roof support bolts in underground mine. ... Coal Mining 2,970. 5.99. $28.07. $58,380. Geographic profile for this occupation: Top. States and areas with the highest ... Nonmetallic Mineral Mining and Quarrying 170. 0.18. $30.79. $64,040. ...
Software mining - Wikipedia
Software mining and data mining. Software mining is closely related to data mining, since existing software artifacts ... Text-Mining Software Tools. Text-Mining Software Tools enable easy handling of text documents for the purpose of data ... Instead of mining individual data sets, software mining focuses on metadata, such as database schemas. OMG Knowledge Discovery ... Levels of software mining. Knowledge discovery in software is related to a concept of reverse engineering. Software ...
Intention mining - Wikipedia
In data mining, intention mining or intent mining is the problem of determining a users intention from logs of his/her ... Intention Mining has already been used in several domains: *Web search : (Hashemi et al., 2008), (Zheng et al., 2002), ( ... A particular notion of intention mining has been introduced in the Ph.D. thesis of Dr. Ghazaleh Khodabandelou , . This ... What Shall I Do Next? Intention Mining for Flexible Process Enactment Elena V. Epure, Charlotte Hug, Rebecca Deneckere, Sjaak ...
NORA mining sector: Number and percent of deaths with selected work-related respiratory condition, U.S. residents age 15 and ... NORA mining sector and all pneumoconioses: Proportionate mortality ratio (PMR) adjusted for age, sex, and race by industry and ... NORA mining sector and lung cancer: Proportionate mortality ratio (PMR) adjusted for age, sex, and race by industry and ... NORA mining sector and pneumonia and influenza: Proportionate mortality ratio (PMR) adjusted for age, sex, and race by industry ...
Mining | ScienceBlogs
Massey Energys Upper Big Branch mine was the site of the worst coal mine disaster in 40 years when 29 miners were killed by a ... such as underground gold and salt mines and rock quarries. Similar requirements for coal mines are not part of the ... 1: Mine operators were allowed to expose miners to concentrations of respirable coal dust and silica that were known to be too ... Nine workers at U.S. coal mines have been fatally injured in the first six months of 2017. Five of the nine deaths occurred in ...
RDH Mining Equipment - YouTube
RDH Mining Equipment has been providing mining and tunnelling companies around the world with quality equipment. From ... P&H Mining Equipment 4100XPC AC General Overview - Duration: 2:10. P&H Mining Equipment 9,644 views ... construction and mining equipment concepts - Duration: 9:18. mining excavator 422,233 views ... For over 25 years, RDH Mining Equipment has been providing mining and tunnelling companies around the world with quality ...
GALACTIC MINING INDUSTRIES, INC.
... , telepresence, telemetry, aerospace, ISRU, In Situ Resource Utilization, Spacecraft Propulsion ... space mining, space stations, artificial gravity, carbonyl, nickel, metallurgy, colonization, cycler orbiter, comets, ... Galactic Mining Industries, Inc.. 4838 Stuart St.. Denver, CO 80212-2922. 303-433-1978. [email protected]mining.com www.angelfire.com ... Galactic Mining Industries and . CLICK HERE TO READ THE TELEPOSSESSION ARTICLE. This paper provides an insight into the key ...
Synonym Mining - Microsoft Research
One of the main insights is to use Bings query log to mine synonyms. However, simple techniques like using co-click ... Furthermore, we leverage other data sources like web lists, web tables and certain text patterns to mine synonyms. ... We leverage the data assets amassed by Bing to automatically mine such synonyms. ...
What Is Bitcoin Mining?
... mined into existence. Bitcoin mining serves to both add transactions to the block chain and to release new Bitcoin. The mining ... Mining Difficulty. How hard is it to mine Bitcoins? Well, that depends on how much effort is being put into mining across the ... Mining Pools. Mining rewards are paid to the miner who discovers a solution to the puzzle first, and the probability that a ... Mining Hardware. Anyone with access to the internet and suitable hardware can participate in mining. In the earliest days of ...
BioData Mining - Springer
BioData Mining. ISSN: 1756-0381 (Online) Description. Publishing innovative data science and big data research, BioData Mining ... BioData Mining. Coverage. Volume 1 / 2008 - Volume 11 / 2018. Online ISSN. 1756-0381. Publisher. BioMed Central. Additional ... we publish cutting-edge data-mining methods. The journal features an open peer-review workflow to ensure maximum transparency. ... advances research on all aspects of data mining applied to high-dimensional biological and biomedical information. Focusing on ...
Mining regulation | Hosted
Latest Mining regulation News. Mining county asks lawmakers for open meetings law exemption. Sep. 24, 2020 6:18 PM EDT ... The ruling is a victory for supporters of the states first copper-nickel mine and the agency, which mine... ... BOISE, Idaho (AP) - A Canadian company seeking U.S. approval for three open-pit gold mines in central Idaho is suing the U.S. ... BERLIN (AP) - Villagers living on the edge of a vast German coal mine said Wednesday they have lodged a case with Germanys top ...
African Mining Indaba
... the international investment community and African governments to discuss challenges and opportunities of the African mining ... African Mining Indaba brings together top leaders from the private sector, ... Gary McMahon is a senior mining specialist at the World Bank. He has worked on issues in the mining sector for over twenty ... Previously, he examined the history of mining sector technical assistance by the World Bank, World Bank Support for Mining ...
mining resources (8)
Elastic Web Mining
My talk at the ACM Data Mining Unconference on 01 Nov 2009. How to use an open source stack (Hadoop, Cascading, Bixo) in EC2 ... Elastic Web Mining * 2. Web Mining in the Cloud Ken Krugler, Bixo Labs, Inc. ACM Silicon Valley Data Mining Camp 01 November ... But for data mining, the end result at this point is often highly reduced data that is input to traditional data mining tools. ... 9. Web Mining versus Data Mining ,ul,,li,Scale - 10 million isnt a big number ,/li,,/ul,,ul,,li,Access - public but restricted ...
Mining: Background | OpenSecrets
Mining: Background. The bulk of the mining industry consists of coal companies, but metal and other mining organizations are ... 2016 saw the mining industrys second-highest contribution total at almost $17.5 million, trailing only 2012s sum of over $23 ... The mining industrys lobbying, in contrast to its fluctuating contribution levels, has gradually declined since peaking in ... Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) -- who has consistently been a friend of mining and energy interests throughout his tenure -- came in ...
Loading Machine Operators, Underground Mining
What is Text Mining? | IBM
Learn about text mining, which is the practice of analyzing vast collections of textual materials to capture key concepts, ... What is text mining?. Text mining, also known as text data mining, is the process of transforming unstructured text into a ... Text mining is essentially a sub-field of data mining as it focuses on bringing structure to unstructured data and analyzing it ... Text mining vs. text analytics. The terms, text mining and text analytics, are largely synonymous in meaning in conversation, ...
Area mining | mining | Britannica
... strip mining: …strip-mining techniques are classified as area mining or contour mining on the basis of the deposit geometry and ... strip-mining methods. * In strip mining. …strip-mining techniques are classified as area mining or contour mining on the basis ... Other articles where Area mining is discussed: ...
Roman Deep-vein Mining
... by Lynne Cohen Duncan. Table of Contents. * Introduction * Types of Roman Mining * Mining Tools * ... Some earlier mines, such as the Greek silver mine of Laurion, had a Roman period that may have had minimal effect on the mine ... Return to Roman Deep-Vein Mining. Mining Tools. Removing rock was a difficult and time-consuming process in Roman mines. Iron ... Return to Roman Deep-Vein Mining. Special problems of deep-vein mining. Ventilation. The deep mine workings created problems ...
Statistical Data Mining Tutorials
... Tutorial Slides by Andrew Moore. Advertisment: In 2006 I joined Google. We are growing a ... Instance-based learning (aka Case-based or Memory-based or non-parametric). Over a century old, this form of data mining is ... A Short Intro to Naive Bayesian Classifiers. I recommend using Probability For Data Mining for a more in-depth introduction to ... Maximum Likelihood Estimation. MLE is a solid tool for learning parameters of a data mining model. It is a methodlogy which ...
... Provides both theoretical and practical coverage of all data mining topics. Includes extensive number of integrated ... Provides both theoretical and practical coverage of all data mining topics. Includes extensive number of integrated examples ... You just viewed Data Mining. Please take a moment to rate this material. ...
MINING ENGINEERING - WESTMORELAND ROSEBUD MINING, LLC - Colstrip, MT Mining EngineeringWestmoreland Rosebud Mining , LLC ... Job Summary The Mining Engineer will assist the Mining Group in all aspects of mine engineering and mining operations. ... Project Manager/Senior Mining Engineer - Stantec - Chandler, AZ Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined ... Pinto Valley Mining Corporation (PVMC), a subsidiary of Capstone Mining , is a global leader in metal mining and processing, ...
Multimedia Search and Mining - Microsoft Research
Mining and Engineering World - Google Books
Mining and Engineering World, 1909 - Mineral industries. 0 Reviewshttps://books.google.com/books/about/Mining_and_Engineering_ ... July July 16 June Lake lead lease limestone located machinery manager ment metal Mexican Mexico mica miles mill mineral Mining ... books.google.comhttps://books.google.com/books/about/Mining_and_Engineering_World.html?id=EywAAAAAMAAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus- ...
GreenCoinX Addresses Block Chain Mining Longevity
Without a mining reward to incentivize them, miners will likely cease mining, and relying on transactional fees to provide ... In order to provide a long term incentive for XGC miners to continue to mine XGC until 2160, the Digital Foundation has been ... As the process of mining crypto currency is essential for the smooth functioning of block chains, there has to be certainty in ... Even when all the XGC have been completely mined, the Digital Foundation will continue to provide XGC Miners with rewards for ...
OECD Mining Regions and Cities - OECD
The first OECD meeting on Mining Regions was held in Antofagasta, Chile in October 2017. The Second meeting took place in ... a project to develop recommendations for improving regional development outcomes for regions and cities specialised in mining ... OECD Mining Regions and Cities. Delivering regional development for regions and cities specialised in mining and extractive ... 2nd Meeting of Mining Regions and Cities in Darwin, Northern Territory Australia The 2nd OECD Meeting of Mining Regions and ...
MinersSearchMetalsData20172019MineralsSoftware RepositoriesIndustryIndustriesDepositsExplorationCompaniesOperationsDisastersExtractionFatalitiesRoyaltiesIncentivize2016MinerUraniumMinistry of MinesContentRegulationsUndergroundExtractiveBitcoinCryptocurrencyLifecycleText MiningSiteGenerateGPUsMSHA1998CompanyNetwork'sSouth AfricaCommodity pricesToolsOperateRewardsInvolvesMainTailingsNevadaCountry'sExplosionsNewsWorldSectorCopperBoomScalableTonsOccupationalWorkShaftsCollapseAssetsPolyMetAppalachiaGold mines
- The Mining sector requires solutions to health and safety problems for miners in all types of mines, including metal, industrial minerals, crushed stone, coal, and sand and gravel. (cdc.gov)
- Miners require mining picks in order to break apart stones and retrieve valuable ores, and, in order to smelt those ores into bars, they need to be near a forge (found in most cities). (battle.net)
- Massey Energy's Upper Big Branch mine was the site of the worst coal mine disaster in 40 years when 29 miners were killed by a massive coal dust explosion. (scienceblogs.com)
- The Trump Administration is proposing to scrap a requirement for mine operators to conduct safety checks before miners begin their work. (scienceblogs.com)
- The amount of mining power that gets used in the network depends directly on the incentives miners have, that is, the block reward and transaction fees. (forbes.com)
- As the block reward diminishes over time, eventually approaching zero, the miners will be less incentivized to mine bitcoin for the block reward. (forbes.com)
- The higher the difficulty level, the less profitable mining is for miners. (forbes.com)
- PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) - At least eight Pakistani miners were killed and seven were injured when a marble mine collapsed Monday in the country's northwest, police said. (ap.org)
- Without a mining reward to incentivize them, miners will likely cease mining, and relying on transactional fees to provide sufficient rewards to miners is unlikely to be effective. (prweb.com)
- In order to provide a long term incentive for XGC miners to continue to mine XGC until 2160, the Digital Foundation has been established. (prweb.com)
- Even when all the XGC have been completely mined, the Digital Foundation will continue to provide XGC Miners with rewards for mining. (prweb.com)
- Mining is the way a certain kind of blockchain pays for participants to maintain it, its integrity and records, by paying 'miners' in the blockchains own coins. (forbes.com)
- The mining pool market is populated by tens of thousands of miners selling their equipment's processing power (hash rate) to buyers that want to convert their money to cryptocurrency outside of an exchange. (forbes.com)
- May 3, 2006 A rescuer testifying at a public hearing into West Virginia's Sago mine disaster admits to mistakenly saying the trapped miners were alive, when in fact the sole survivor had been located. (npr.org)
- March 15, 2006 After its own investigation, the owners of a West Virginia coal mine where 12 miners died announced that lightning caused the deadly explosion early this year. (npr.org)
- CN) - Widows and families of two miners seek punitive damages from Alliance Coal, in a 14-count claim for a fatal wall collapse in the Dotiki mine on April 28, 2010. (courthousenews.com)
- Chileans have celebrated the discovery that 33 miners trapped 700 metres (2,300 feet) below ground when the San José mine collapsed on August 5th are alive and well. (economist.com)
- People mourn at graves for miners who died in Tuesday's mine disaster, at a cemetery in Soma, a district in Turkey's western province of Manisa May 18, 2014. (yahoo.com)
- Miners faced death from collapsing mines, oxygen deprivation, and haulage accidents, with the specter of fatal lung disease remaining even after the miner had left the mines. (si.edu)
- Miners often carried open flames into the mines in the form of candles and hanging lamps, and later wore the open flames of carbide lamps and oil-wick lamps on their caps and helmets. (si.edu)
- A fire in Cherry Mine in Cherry, Illinois killed 259 miners in 1909. (si.edu)
- In 1913 Stag Canon Mine number 2 in Dawson, New Mexico exploded killing 263 miners. (si.edu)
- In 1915 the Bureau approved the MSA Edison Flameless Electric Miners' Cap Lamp , beginning the age of electric mine illumination that correlated with a steady decrease in mining accidents from the high reached in 1907. (si.edu)
- EXAMiner allows mine workers to search for hazards by performing a virtual workplace examination by way of over 30 preloaded images of scenes from four locations at a stone surface mine, or trainers can upload their own panoramic images into the program to be used during Part 46 annual refresher training. (cdc.gov)
- Quick intro to web mining, so we're on the same page Most people think about the big search companies when they think about web mining. (slideshare.net)
- Search is clearly the biggest web mining category, and generates the most revenue. (slideshare.net)
- Multimedia Search and Mining (MSM) group focuses on a wide variety of multimedia-related research and projects, e.g., understanding, analysis, search, data mining, and applications. (microsoft.com)
- The requirement on Trump's chopping block applies to more than 11,000 mining operations that extract metals and aggregates, such as underground gold and salt mines and rock quarries. (scienceblogs.com)
- The Romans mined for metals in every part of their empire. (unc.edu)
- Coeur Mining , Inc. is a well-diversified growing precious metals producer with five operations in North America. (collegegrad.com)
- The agency adopted a zero discharge standard for mines using cyanide and similar processes to extract metals such as gold and copper. (nwf.org)
- Many foreign and some local companies have been granted reconnaissance, exploration and mining licenses for gold and base metals, cement and ceramic raw materials, potash, diatomite, other industrial and construction minerals. (export.gov)
- The project is part of a push to sustainably mine the metals needed for Europe's clean energy transition. (euractiv.com)
- Along with the exploration and development of oil and gas properties, it also mines several metals like copper, silver, lead, zinc, and iron ores as well as metallurgical and energy coal. (investopedia.com)
- We stand at a time of unprecedented change, and the mining and metals industry is not immune to that. (ey.com)
- In response, mining and metals companies will need to automate aspects of their tax compliance functions to meet the increasing demands for data disclosure. (ey.com)
- For mining and metals companies around the world, digital is impacting all aspects of their business. (ey.com)
- SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Metals mining shares ended the session lower, reflected by 1.2 percent declines in the Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index XAU, -1.39% and the Amex Gold Bugs Index HUI, -1.87% The declines came on the heels of a $2.50 fall in December gold, which closed earlier at $374.30 an ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange. (marketwatch.com)
- Glassdoor has employee reviews from 5,000 Mining & Metals employees. (glassdoor.com)
- This latest edition of the Enhanced Video Analysis of Dust Exposure (EVADE) software merges video files and logged data files to be used in concert with the Helmet-CAM, allowing users to view the files simultaneously to help identify exposure sources at mine sites. (cdc.gov)
- Software mining is closely related to data mining , since existing software artifacts contain enormous business value, key for the evolution of software systems. (wikipedia.org)
- Instead of mining individual data sets , software mining focuses on metadata , such as database schemas. (wikipedia.org)
- Text-Mining Software Tools enable easy handling of text documents for the purpose of data analysis including automatic model generation and document classification, document clustering, document visualization, dealing with Web documents, and crawling the Web. (wikipedia.org)
- Software mining addresses structure, behavior as well as the data processed by the software system. (wikipedia.org)
- User Intention Modeling in Web Applications Using Data Mining. (wikipedia.org)
- We leverage the data assets amassed by Bing to automatically mine such synonyms. (microsoft.com)
- Furthermore, we leverage other data sources like web lists, web tables and certain text patterns to mine synonyms. (microsoft.com)
- Publishing innovative data science and big data research, BioData Mining advances research on all aspects of data mining applied to high-dimensional biological and biomedical information. (springer.com)
- My talk at the ACM Data Mining Unconference on 01 Nov 2009. (slideshare.net)
- useful data" covers a lot of ground, because there are a lot of ways to use the output of web mining. (slideshare.net)
- But for data mining, the end result at this point is often highly reduced data that is input to traditional data mining tools. (slideshare.net)
- What are the key differences between web mining and traditional data mining I'm saying "traditional" because the face of data mining is clearly changing. (slideshare.net)
- But if you look at most vendor tools, the focus is on what I'd call "traditional data mining" Scale - 10M is big for data mining, but not for web mining Access - with DM, once you defeated Mongor, keeper of data base access keys, you were golden Web pages are typically public, but it's a shared resource so implicit rules apply. (slideshare.net)
- Data mining breaks traditional implicit contract, so extra cautions apply. (slideshare.net)
- Text mining, also known as text data mining, is the process of transforming unstructured text into a structured format to identify meaningful patterns and new insights. (ibm.com)
- Since 80% of data in the world resides in an unstructured format, text mining is an extremely valuable practice within organizations. (ibm.com)
- Text mining and text analysis identifies textual patterns and trends within unstructured data through the use of machine learning, statistics, and linguistics. (ibm.com)
- By transforming the data into a more structured format through text mining and text analysis, more quantitative insights can be found through text analytics. (ibm.com)
- The process of text mining comprises several activities that enable you to deduce information from unstructured text data. (ibm.com)
- Before you can apply different text mining techniques, you must start with text preprocessing, which is the practice of cleaning and transforming text data into a usable format. (ibm.com)
- When text preprocessing is complete, you can apply text mining algorithms to derive insights from the data. (ibm.com)
- In addition to the writings of a number of Roman and Greek authors, the data come from archaeological excavation reports of Roman mines in Britain and Spain. (unc.edu)
- The following links point to a set of tutorials on many aspects of statistical data mining, including the foundations of probability, the foundations of statistical data analysis, and most of the classic machine learning and data mining algorithms. (cmu.edu)
- And they include other data mining operations such as clustering (mixture models, k-means and hierarchical), Bayesian networks and Reinforcement Learning. (cmu.edu)
- The Decision Tree is one of the most popular classification algorithms in current use in Data Mining and Machine Learning. (cmu.edu)
- This tutorial can be used as a self-contained introduction to the flavor and terminology of data mining without needing to review many statistical or probabilistic pre-requisites. (cmu.edu)
- If you're new to data mining you'll enjoy it, but your eyebrows will raise at how simple it all is! (cmu.edu)
- one of the most popular measures of association currently used in data mining. (cmu.edu)
- It is, arguably, a useful investment to be completely happy with probability before venturing into advanced algorithms from data mining, machine learning or applied statistics. (cmu.edu)
- Gaussians, both the friendly univariate kind, and the slightly-reticent-but-nice-when-you-get-to-know-them multivariate kind are extremely useful in many parts of statistical data mining, including many data mining models in which the underlying data assumption is highly non-Gaussian. (cmu.edu)
- MLE is a solid tool for learning parameters of a data mining model. (cmu.edu)
- Provides both theoretical and practical coverage of all data mining topics. (merlot.org)
- You just viewed Data Mining . (merlot.org)
- Diese Methoden werden auch unter dem Begriff Data Mining subsummiert und umfassen die Aufgabenstellungen Ausreißer-, Hotspot- und Trenderkennung sowie die klassischen Bereiche Clusteranalyse, Assoziations- und Regressionsanalyse. (springer.com)
- Er erhielt die beiden international höchsten Forschungspreise im Gebiet Data Mining und Knowledge Discovery: den 2013 IEEE ICDM Research Contributions Award und den ACM 2015 SIGKDD Innovation Award. (springer.com)
- What is data mining? (sas.com)
- Data mining is the process of finding anomalies, patterns and correlations within large data sets to predict outcomes. (sas.com)
- Sometimes referred to as 'knowledge discovery in databases,' the term 'data mining' wasn't coined until the 1990s. (sas.com)
- What was old is new again, as data mining technology keeps evolving to keep pace with the limitless potential of big data and affordable computing power. (sas.com)
- Why is data mining important? (sas.com)
- So why is data mining important? (sas.com)
- Learn more about data mining techniques in Data Mining From A to Z , a paper that shows how organizations can use predictive analytics and data mining to reveal new insights from data. (sas.com)
- Data mining is a cornerstone of analytics , helping you develop the models that can uncover connections within millions or billions of records. (sas.com)
- Learn how data mining is shaping the world we live in. (sas.com)
- Explore how data mining - as well as predictive modeling and real-time analytics - are used in oil and gas operations. (sas.com)
- Data mining expert Jared Dean wrote the book on data mining. (sas.com)
- Data mining software from SAS uses proven, cutting-edge algorithms designed to help you solve the biggest challenges. (sas.com)
- Data mining is at the heart of analytics efforts across a variety of industries and disciplines. (sas.com)
- Companies have used data mining techniques to price products more effectively across business lines and find new ways to offer competitive products to their existing customer base. (sas.com)
- Data mining helps educators access student data, predict achievement levels and pinpoint students or groups of students in need of extra attention. (sas.com)
- Data mining-its reliability, usefulness and threat to privacy-will be a recurring theme in Congress this year as government agencies attempt to increase their authority to collect, analyze and share information. (eweek.com)
- While businesses have long used the technology as a marketing tool and a means of estimating spending and revenue, there is a growing interest within government to use data mining in national security initiatives. (eweek.com)
- Jeffrey Rosen, associate professor at George Washington University Law School in Washington and an editor at The New Republic, called on the lawmakers to establish oversight authority over data mining. (eweek.com)
- Congress has already curbed the executive branchs race toward unregulated data mining, voting to block funds for the Pentagons Total Information Awareness Program. (eweek.com)
- Support for limited federal regulation also came from a Florida state senator, Paula Dockery, who told the congressional panel this week that data mining has been instrumental in her states tracking of terrorist suspects since Sept. 11. (eweek.com)
- Putnam said he will conduct a series of hearings on data mining over the next 18 months. (eweek.com)
- Hook Theory mined data to see how chords are used, then mapped them. (popsci.com)
- Data Mining 3 - casual colorful minimalist puzzle in which you have to collect all the files that are not corrupted to exit the closed circle. (steampowered.com)
- Classification is one the most used tasks in data mining. (psu.edu)
- SPRINT: A scalable parallel classifier for data mining - Shafer, Agrawal, et al. (psu.edu)
- SLIQ: A fast scalable classifier for data mining - Mehta, Agrawal, et al. (psu.edu)
- Advanced analysis of big data streams from sensors and devices is bound to become a key area of data mining research as the number of applications requiring such processing increases. (google.com)
- Dealing with the evolution over time of such data streams, i.e., with concepts that drift or change completely, is one of the core issues in IoT stream mining. (google.com)
- This tutorial is a gentle introduction to mining IoT big data streams. (google.com)
- The first part introduces data stream learners for classification, regression, clustering, and frequent pattern mining. (google.com)
- The second part deals with scalability issues inherent in IoT applications, and discusses how to mine data streams on distributed engines such as Spark, Flink, Storm, and Samza. (google.com)
- His research focuses on scalable data mining, with an emphasis on Web mining and data-intensive scalable computing systems. (google.com)
- He is one of the lead developers of Apache SAMOA, an open-source platform for mining big data streams. (google.com)
- He commonly serves on the PC of several major conferences in the area of data mining, including WSDM, KDD, CIKM, and WWW. (google.com)
- He is the author of a book on Adaptive Stream Mining and Pattern Learning and Mining from Evolving Data Streams. (google.com)
- The firm, based in Kingston, Ontario, hopes to use data-mining methods to help pharmaceutical companies speed the development of new drugs by identifying key biological patterns in living cells-such as which genes are turned on in particularly dangerous tumors and which drugs those tumors will respond to. (technologyreview.com)
- This kind of data-mining work, which Hunter specializes in, is often known as "pattern recognition" and it's one of the fastest-moving areas in bioinformatics. (technologyreview.com)
- Compugen (private) Tel Aviv, Israel Ex-Israeli defense contractors are scoring big in genetic data-mining. (technologyreview.com)
- The government possesses powerful data-mining technology to find patterns that could help catch suspected terrorists. (npr.org)
- The National Security Agency's domestic eavesdropping program and its collection of phone data is not the first time the government has tried to use data-mining technology. (npr.org)
- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld appointed a committee to investigate the use of data mining. (npr.org)
- And, he said, any data-mining programs need "very close supervision" by a privacy officer and by Congress. (npr.org)
- What Are the Implications of Data Mining? (npr.org)
- When you create a mining structure, you can now divide the data in the mining structure into training and testing sets. (microsoft.com)
- Cross-validation is an established method of assessing the accuracy of data mining models. (microsoft.com)
- In cross-validation, you iteratively partition the mining structure data into subsets, build models on the subsets, and then measure the accuracy of the model for each partition. (microsoft.com)
- Cross-validation is available in the Mining Accuracy Chart view of Data Mining Designer. (microsoft.com)
- In SQL Server 2008, to generate a cross-validation report, you specify the mining structure and the predictable attribute, and then specify the number of folds into which to segment the case data. (microsoft.com)
- SQL Server 2008 supports the creation, management, and use of data mining models from Microsoft Excel when you use the SQL Server 2008 Data Mining Add-ins for Office 2007. (microsoft.com)
- For more information about the add-ins, see Data Mining Add-ins for Office 2007 . (microsoft.com)
- Get Data Mining and Predictive Analysis now with O'Reilly online learning. (oreilly.com)
- Explore a preview version of Data Mining and Predictive Analysis right now. (oreilly.com)
- In Data Mining and Predictive Analysis , Dr. Colleen McCue describes not only the possibilities for data mining to assist law enforcement professionals, but also provides real-world examples showing how data mining has identified crime trends, anticipated community hot-spots, and refined resource deployment decisions. (oreilly.com)
- Knowledge of advanced statistics is not a prerequisite for using Data Mining and Predictive Analysis . (oreilly.com)
- The book is a starting point for those thinking about using data mining in a law enforcement setting. (oreilly.com)
- The first OECD Mining Regions event was held in Antofagasta, Chile in October 2017 and was attended by 275 participants across 14 countries. (oecd.org)
- In 2017, the OECD Secretariat prepared a scoping paper to inform the first OECD meeting on mining regions and cities. (oecd.org)
- TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Apr 26, 2017) - Lundin Mining Corporation ("Lundin Mining" or the "Company") ( LUN.TO )(OMX:LUMI) today reported cash flows of $244.7 million generated from operations in the first quarter of the year, not including the Company's attributable cash flows from Tenke Fungurume. (yahoo.com)
- Net earnings attributable to Lundin Mining shareholders of $91.6 million ($0.13 per share) for the quarter ended March 31, 2017 were aided by improved copper and zinc prices. (yahoo.com)
- We select research priorities on the basis of burden, need, and impact and present our research goals in the form of the current Mining Strategic Plan, 2019-2023. (cdc.gov)
- TORONTO, March 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- McEwen Mining Inc. ( MUX ) ( MUX.TO ) has decided to suspend the distribution of ½ cent per share, which would have been paid on March 15th to shareholders of record on March 8th, 2019. (yahoo.com)
- In October 2019 the OECD Mining Regions and Cities Initiative held a workshop on: fostering local innovation and developing value chains in a mining context.The workshop was the first step in developing an OECD Mining Regions and Cities Case Study of Andalucía. (oecd.org)
- The 3rd OECD Meeting of Mining Regions and Cities was held in Skellefteä, Sweden in June 2019. (oecd.org)
- The Committee on Michigan's Mining Future (CMMF) is an advisory committee created by Public Act 47 of 2019 to recommend actions that strengthen and develop a sustainable, more diversified mining and minerals industry in this state, while protecting the environment and natural resources. (michigan.gov)
- When you find a mineral vein, walk up to it with a mining pick in your inventory, and click on the vein to gather minerals. (battle.net)
- Many of the ore deposits mined today had their origins in an ocean, lake, or swamp environment , and, although they may have been pressed, compacted, and perhaps somewhat distorted over time, they still retain the basic horizontal orientation in which the minerals were originally deposited. (britannica.com)
- Most mine developers are owned by foreign corporations and, unlike other extractive industries, the hardrock mining industry does not pay royalties for minerals taken from federal public lands. (nwf.org)
- The mining sector remains one of the priority sector in GTP II, with main strategic directions of attracting sizable foreign direct investment (FDI) for exploration and extraction of minerals, increase (tenfold) foreign exchange earnings of the sector and focus on production of mineral inputs for the manufacturing sector that promote import substitution. (export.gov)
- The European Union needs to transform its coal-mining regions into the source of minerals for clean technology, such as cobalt and rare earths, if it is to meet its climate goals and curb import reliance, a senior official said on Monday. (euractiv.com)
- So, even if a mining company has a great deposit, the capital to develop it, and a favorable market, a change in the political environment where the deposit is located can throw a wrench into the process of getting the minerals to market. (investopedia.com)
- The Committee will evaluate government policies that affect the mining and minerals industry, recommend public policy strategies to enhance the growth of the mining and minerals industry, and advise on the development of partnerships between industries, institutions, environmental groups, funding groups, and state and federal resources and other entities. (michigan.gov)
- Mining is the extraction of valuable minerals or other geological materials from the Earth, usually from an ore body, lode, vein, seam, reef, or placer deposit. (wikipedia.org)
- Proceedings of the 11th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories. (wikipedia.org)
- We value relevance, impact, excellence, integrity, innovation, and collaboration as we join our stakeholders in fostering an industry of safe mines and healthy workers. (cdc.gov)
- Improved strategies and technologies for self-escape and for use by mine rescue personnel provide the industry with much-needed tools to enhance miner survivability in the event of a disaster. (cdc.gov)
- We also actively engage in partnerships with stakeholders to share information and solutions about some of the most pressing health and safety issues facing the mining industry. (cdc.gov)
- Uranium mining does not increase this discernibly for members of the public, for people living near the mines, or for others outside the industry. (world-nuclear.org)
- The modern uranium mining industry is regulated and has a good safety record. (world-nuclear.org)
- After reviewing his qualifications and record of safety during his time in the coal industry, I am not convinced that Mr. Zatezalo is suited to oversee the federal agency that implements and enforces mine safety laws and standards. (scienceblogs.com)
- To harness this potential, governments, industry and civil society must work together to ensure that mining plays a role in fostering inclusive growth and sustainable development. (worldbank.org)
- African Mining Indaba brings together top leaders from the private sector, the international investment community and African governments to discuss challenges and opportunities of the African mining industry. (worldbank.org)
- The bulk of the mining industry consists of coal companies, but metal and other mining organizations are also politically active. (opensecrets.org)
- Mining in the 21st century is an increasingly challenging industry, with greater demands on scientific analysis than the mining operations of the last century. (zeiss.com)
- With the broadest portfolio of mineralogy and texture solutions for the mining industry and a rich history in geoscience, ZEISS is ideally suited to help you meet the challenge. (zeiss.com)
- Environmental Eng or rltd or foreign equiv + (60) mths of exp within the mining industry software. (collegegrad.com)
- National Occupational Standards (NOS) in mining have been developed for a range of posts, in consultation with the mining industry, and should form the basis for training and competency assessment. (hse.gov.uk)
- HSE's plan of work for the mining industry targets the key priorities identified in the Revitalising Health and Safety Strategy and additional priority topics identified by HSE's Hazardous Installations Directorate (HID). (hse.gov.uk)
- The hardrock mining industry is the single largest source of toxic waste and one of the most destructive industries in the country. (nwf.org)
- It has become a common industry practice over the last 30 years for mines to dam up the nearest river valley and treat wetlands and streams impounded by the dam as a toxic waste dump. (nwf.org)
- If that occurs] the next round of mining investment doesn't happen and therefore we have a lot of people losing jobs in that industry and it's going to take them a long time to find jobs in other industries. (smh.com.au)
- PROPERTY investors continue to reap rewards from the resources industry, with mining towns accounting for the top 10 rental yields in the country. (news.com.au)
- Mining, a major industry across Europe, has employed millions of people while raising questions about working conditions, safety and environmental effects. (europeana.eu)
- Australia's Mining Monthly is an authoritative source of news and information for anyone with an interest in the Australian mining industry. (apple.com)
- With exclusive industry surveys, in-depth reports, and profiles of cutting-edge mining technology and equipment, Australia's Mining Monthly will provide you with the essential knowledge for success. (apple.com)
- Liberal MP John McKay, who has brought forward private member's legislation to clamp down on mining abroad, said Day's announcement proves what industry critics have been saying all along - that 'Canada has a serious corporate social responsibility problem. (thestar.com)
- The mining industry is fighting the legislation. (thestar.com)
- From enhancing site and productivity to helping protect workers and their environment, 3M has been solving the challenges facing the mining and metallurgy industry from day one. (3m.com)
- Mining is our second 'M'.) We use our deep industry knowledge and hard-won expertise to tap into innovative solutions that can be used to help accelerate your progress. (3m.com)
- Social Network Analysis and Mining (SNAM) is a multidisciplinary journal serving researchers and practitioners in academia and industry. (springer.com)
- Here's a look at the top coal mining stocks that fared better than the industry average. (investopedia.com)
- SOUTH Africa is to review its mining taxes in a move likely to renew uncertainty in the key industry that has been hit by strike action. (news.com.au)
- Other hard rocks mined or collected for axes included the greenstone of the Langdale axe industry based in the English Lake District. (wikipedia.org)
- Galactic Mining Industries, Inc. is a company established to colonize space. (angelfire.com)
- The OECD is implementing a project to develop recommendations for improving regional development outcomes for regions and cities specialised in mining and extractive industries. (oecd.org)
- Mining and extractive industries can deliver significant benefits through jobs, investment and technological innovation. (oecd.org)
- This was obtained not from mines but, first, from accumulated native treasure, and, as these stocks diminished, from placer deposits in riverbeds panned by native conscripts. (encyclopedia.com)
- Such deposits are mined by means of either of two basic techniques, longwall or room-and-pillar, depending on the thickness, uniformity, and depth of the seam, the strength of the overlying layers, and whether surface disturbance is permitted. (britannica.com)
- Coal mining is performed using surface-based mining (when coal deposits are available near the surface) or underground mining (when coal deposits are buried deep underground). (investopedia.com)
- Majors are generally content to sit on deposits, as they typically already have productive mines that afford them the luxury of waiting for either extraction capabilities to improve or market prices to rise and thus make the deposit more feasible. (investopedia.com)
- Increased mineralogical understanding is essential in order to address modern challenges across the entire mining value chain from exploration to refining. (zeiss.com)
- The Graystone Company, Inc. is a U.S.-based mining and exploration company focused on acquiring and developing gold and other mineral properties. (cnbc.com)
- Exploration risk is simply the risk that the material a mining company is looking for isn't there. (investopedia.com)
- Uranium mining companies have generally taken active steps to reduce radiation doses wherever and whenever they can, and voluntarily adopted the most recent international recommendations on dose limits long before they became part of the regulations. (world-nuclear.org)
- Radiation dose records compiled by major mining companies under the scrutiny of regulatory authorities have shown that company employees are not exposed to radiation doses in excess of defined limits during normal operations. (world-nuclear.org)
- For over 25 years, RDH Mining Equipment has been providing mining and tunnelling companies around the world with quality equipment. (youtube.com)
- Due to increased geopolitical tensions and falling commodity prices, mining companies are seeking significant scientific validation to reduce the risk within the mine model before investing in mining projects. (zeiss.com)
- Our IIoT and Cloud technologies have been deployed globally by many of the Top 40 mining companies to achieve these goals. (collegegrad.com)
- Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe. (collegegrad.com)
- Internet guide network The Mining Co. today announced marketing alliances with seven companies to provide exclusive placement in the network's new e-commerce area, Mining Co. Marketplace . (internetnews.com)
- While discharging wastes into wetlands, streams and lakes may be convenient for mining companies, it is not a necessary way of doing business. (nwf.org)
- OTTAWA-Despite years of alleged abuses by Canadian mining companies operating abroad, Trade Minister Stockwell Day says there's no need to compel multinationals to live up to high environmental and human rights standards. (thestar.com)
- But critics say the voluntary programs are half-measures that do little to ensure mining companies operating overseas are held accountable for their activities. (thestar.com)
- Now, pharmaceutical companies need ever-faster ways to mine that mountain for the discoveries that will lead to new treatments for disease. (technologyreview.com)
- The major risks of investing in mining apply to the stocks of both junior and major mining companies. (investopedia.com)
- Mining companies operate in different countries with varying regulations on mining claims, foreign property ownership, etc. (investopedia.com)
- In Australia, mining operations are undertaken under the country's Code of Practice and Safety Guide for Radiation Protection and Radioactive Waste Management in Mining and Mineral Processing , administered by state governments (and applying also to mineral sands operations). (world-nuclear.org)
- Mining operations reported 116 cases of black lung (coal workers' pneumoconiosis) and 7 cases of silicosis. (cdc.gov)
- Note: All analyses exclude office employees, except for the total number of mining operations. (cdc.gov)
- Due to the volume of ore being processed in modern mining operations, incremental improvements in target mineral recovery can provide immediate impact to the bottom line. (zeiss.com)
- Job Summary The Mining Engineer will assist the Mining Group in all aspects of mine engineering and mining operations. (collegegrad.com)
- The amount of water encountered in underground mining operations varies greatly, depending on the type of deposit and the geologic setting. (britannica.com)
- Mining operations within the country are expected to be an important economic catalyst for the Government's export-orientated development strategy. (export.gov)
- Lima, Peru, Feb. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Graystone Company (OTCQB: GYST) announced today that the Company's Peruvian mining operations has mined approximately 1,000 grams of gold. (cnbc.com)
- This financing allowed the Company to continue to grow and expand its mining operations without having to give up a percentage of the Company's gold production. (cnbc.com)
- The Bank is considering a joint loan and equity investment of up to US$ 21 million to contribute to the expansion of the underground mine and processing operations at Sekisovskoye. (ebrd.com)
- The Bank will also be instrumental in ensuring that Hambledon Mining Plc implement high environmental standards across all its operations in accordance with the Bank's Performance Requirements (PRs). (ebrd.com)
- The further development of the Project site from above ground mining and processing operations to include below ground mining activities and associated infrastructure has been categorised B in accordance with the EBRD's Environmental & Social Policy 2008 (ESP). (ebrd.com)
- At a news conference, Day brushed aside the long litany of allegations of wrongdoing against Canadian extractive firms in the developing world, saying most multinational mining operations help foreign communities where they do business. (thestar.com)
- If passed, McKay's legislation, Bill C-300, would empower the government to investigate allegations against Canadian mining operations in the developing world. (thestar.com)
- EY's Thomas Minor explains the implications for the tax function when operations at the mines continue to become more technologically advanced. (ey.com)
- In the right price environment, many junior mining stocks can go from a dog to a high flier with no change in their operations. (investopedia.com)
- Mining operations usually create a negative environmental impact, both during the mining activity and after the mine has closed. (wikipedia.org)
- Our goals on behalf of mine workers are to reduce the risk of occupational illnesses, reduce the risk of traumatic injuries and fatalities, reduce the risk of mine disasters, and improve post-disaster survivability. (cdc.gov)
- Improved technologies and practices to limit the occurrence of mine disasters. (cdc.gov)
- Effective disaster prevention research can reduce the human toll of mine disasters by removing or limiting the conditions under which a disaster can occur. (cdc.gov)
- The deaths of 16 men in four coal mine disasters raise new questions about mining safety. (npr.org)
- March 2, 2006 In the wake of recent, high-profile West Virginia mine disasters, House members grill mining officials about a lack of potentially lifesaving equipment for workers underground. (npr.org)
- These were the three worst coal mine disasters in the U.S. history, prompting Congress to establish the U.S. Bureau of Mines in 1910. (si.edu)
- We don't have mining disasters in the U.S. because we don't rely on natural resources in this country. (coachella.com)
- Text mining tools and natural language processing (NLP) techniques, like information extraction (PDF, 127.9 KB) (link reside outside of IBM), allow us to transform unstructured documents into a structured format to enable analysis and the generation of high-quality insights. (ibm.com)
- Mining in a wider sense includes extraction of any non-renewable resource such as petroleum, natural gas, or even water. (wikipedia.org)
- Modern mining processes involve prospecting for ore bodies, analysis of the profit potential of a proposed mine, extraction of the desired materials, and final reclamation of the land after the mine is closed. (wikipedia.org)
- The NIOSH Mining Program's mission is to eliminate mining fatalities, injuries, and illnesses through relevant research and impactful solutions. (cdc.gov)
- 4. In 2003, there were 56 occupational mining fatalities , compared to 66 in 2002. (cdc.gov)
- David Zatezalo answered questions about the epidemic of black lung cases, an increase in mine worker fatalities, the need for safety assistance for small mine operators, and more. (scienceblogs.com)
- Zuma's announcement is the first clear indication that royalties are up for review in the mining sector - the bedrock on which Africa's wealthiest economy was built. (news.com.au)
- Part of this study will evaluate the current mining royalties regime, with regard to its ability to suitably serve our people. (news.com.au)
- The rewards incentivize mining and include both the transaction fees (paid to the miner in the form of Bitcoin) as well as the newly released Bitcoin. (forbes.com)
- Following the protocol laid out in the software, the Bitcoin network automatically adjusts the difficulty of the mining every 2016 blocks, or roughly every two weeks. (forbes.com)
- 2016 saw the mining industry's second-highest contribution total at almost $17.5 million, trailing only 2012's sum of over $23 million. (opensecrets.org)
- This thesis presents a novel approach of process mining, called Map Miner Method (MMM). (wikipedia.org)
- Transaction fees are some amount of Bitcoin that are included in a transaction as a reward for the miner who mines the block in which the transaction is included. (forbes.com)
- As the process of mining crypto currency is essential for the smooth functioning of block chains, there has to be certainty in long term miner rewards. (prweb.com)
- The Foundation miner reward system will distribute XGC over the next 145 years automatically by way of a software program that adjusts the level and timing of rewards to reflect mining activity on the GreenCoinX block chain. (prweb.com)
- The coins winnable by a given mining power will therefore drop, but likely as not, the increase in mining power may come from a demand for the coin and therefore a price rise may compensate the miner in dollar terms. (forbes.com)
- April 27, 2006 At least four emergency air packs issued at the Sago Mine failed to function, says West Virginia coal miner Randal McCloy. (npr.org)
- The depth, the dark, and the dangers inherent in mining created a uniquely dangerous working environment for the miner. (si.edu)
- There has been more than 40 years of experience in applying international radiation safety regulations at uranium mines. (world-nuclear.org)
- Radiation doses at Australian and Canadian uranium mines are well within regulatory limits. (world-nuclear.org)
- The product of uranium mining is normally uranium oxide concentrate - U 3 O 8 - which is shipped from the mines in 200-litre drums. (world-nuclear.org)
- Whilst most uranium mined is done so in countries with full adoption of international recommendations, this is not the case in all parts of the world. (world-nuclear.org)
- Early uranium mining, for example in Soviet-occupied East Germany between 1946 and 1953, had a poor safety record. (world-nuclear.org)
- The mines that produce our gold, silver, copper, and uranium are notorious for polluting adjacent streams, lakes, and groundwater with toxic by-products. (nwf.org)
Ministry of Mines3
- Recognizing the need to promote market-oriented modern mineral production, processing and marketing, the Ministry of Mines established Mineral Market and Value Chain Development Directorate in 2014 bestowed with diverse responsibilities. (export.gov)
- The writer used primary source- a discussion with Mr. Sisay Ayalew, Mineral Licensing and Administration, Ministry of Mines of Ethiopia and secondary sources. (export.gov)
- The Company had previously been limited in the amount of gold it could produce until it filed its environmental impact study with the Ministry of Mines in Peru. (cnbc.com)
- The World Bank Group will host a series of sessions to highlight the importance of sustainable development issues such as governance, infrastructure and local content policies, among others, to promote the incorporation of these issues on the agenda of mining leaders. (worldbank.org)
- The Mines Regulations 2014 came into force on 6 April 2015 and replace all previous mine specific health and safety legislation. (hse.gov.uk)
- Unfortunately, there are two "loopholes" in the regulations implementing the Clean Water Act that have allowed mine developers to circumvent the purpose of this critical law. (nwf.org)
- The mine itself can also pose significant hazards by way of roof and rib falls in underground mines and ground failures at surface mines. (cdc.gov)
- Surface and underground mines and the associated processing plants pose a variety of hazards, some of which change as mining progresses. (cdc.gov)
- Among underground mine operator employees, the majority (80.9%) worked in coal mines. (cdc.gov)
- Operate machinery to install roof support bolts in underground mine. (bls.gov)
- AP) - Montana environmental regulators issued a mining permit to Tintina Montana Inc. for preparation work on a planned underground copper mine in central Montana, the Department of Environmental Quality said Friday. (ap.org)
- Rio Tinto forerunner CRA got state approval for a combination of underground and open-cut mining in 1990, and Coal and Allied started work on a dam in 1995. (smh.com.au)
- From our perspective, an underground mine would satisfy many of the stakeholders,'' Laird says. (smh.com.au)
- Ventilation is an important consideration in underground mining. (britannica.com)
- Longwall mining of coal is discussed in greater detail in coal mining: Underground mining . (britannica.com)
- Missouri-based Arch Coal was established in 1969 and is a leading producer of thermal and metallurgical coal from surface and underground mines located across America. (investopedia.com)
- Flint mines have been found in chalk areas where seams of the stone were followed underground by shafts and galleries. (wikipedia.org)
- The scoping paper identifies the main policy issues for regions and cities with a specialisation in mining and extractive activities. (oecd.org)
- What Is Bitcoin Mining? (forbes.com)
- If you've ever wondered where Bitcoin comes from and how it goes into circulation, the answer is that it gets "mined" into existence. (forbes.com)
- Bitcoin mining serves to both add transactions to the block chain and to release new Bitcoin. (forbes.com)
- If an individual person or organization has control of greater than half of the Bitcoin network's mining power, then they have the power to corrupt the block chain. (forbes.com)
- How costly such an attack would be to carry out depends largely on how much mining power is involved in the Bitcoin network. (forbes.com)
- Thus the security of the Bitcoin network depends in part on how much mining power is employed. (forbes.com)
- The amount of new bitcoin released with each mined block is called the block reward. (forbes.com)
- According to current Bitcoin protocol, 21 million is the cap and no more will be mined after that number has been attained. (forbes.com)
- The total payout depends on the price of Bitcoin, the block reward, and the size of the transaction fees, but the more people mining, the smaller the slice of that pie each person gets. (forbes.com)
- In the earliest days of Bitcoin, mining was done with CPUs from normal desktop computers. (forbes.com)
- Graphics cards, or graphics processing units (GPUs), are more effective at mining than CPUs and as Bitcoin gained popularity, GPUs became dominant. (forbes.com)
- Eventually, hardware known as an ASIC (which stands for Application-Specific Integrated Circuit) was designed specifically for mining Bitcoin. (forbes.com)
- Mining of bitcoin (BTC) or altcoins is a niche by the highly active segment of cryptocurrency. (forbes.com)
- Right now if you mined a bitcoin block, with two bitcoin of transaction fees you would get a mining payout of 14.5 BTC worth--a reward at current rates of roughly $92,000. (forbes.com)
- Right now mining rewards are all over the map but it is fair to say they are on average very low indeed, as low as the initial Bitcoin crash low earlier this year. (forbes.com)
- An exchange may only offer limited supply liquidity in some coins and the only way to get more coins in that cryptocurrency, without spiking the price, is to rent mining power to mine them directly. (forbes.com)
- Crypto Mining Simulator is a detailed game about actual cryptocurrency world in 2021! (steampowered.com)
- Cryptocurrency mining in-browser (and without user consent) is finally infecting sites like YouTube, to the widespread detriment of the site's users. (extremetech.com)
- Material handling and comminution represent some of the largest costs in the mining lifecycle, but are also areas where the largest gains can be made in reducing operational costs. (zeiss.com)
- What is Text Mining? (ibm.com)
- Learn about text mining, which is the practice of analyzing vast collections of textual materials to capture key concepts, trends and hidden relationships. (ibm.com)
- The terms, text mining and text analytics, are largely synonymous in meaning in conversation, but they can have a more nuanced meaning. (ibm.com)
- BOISE, Idaho (AP) - A Canadian company seeking U.S. approval for three open-pit gold mines in central Idaho is suing the U.S. government, contending U.S. officials are allowing water pollution at the already heavily mined site in violation of environmental laws. (ap.org)
- Mes Aynak, a 2,600-year-old Buddhist site, could be destroyed in December to create a massive copper mine. (cnn.com)
- In 2009, the mining company gave archaeologists three years to excavate the site. (cnn.com)
- An increase in operating costs combined with reducing ore quality is driving process improvement at the mine site. (zeiss.com)
- This site has been developped to accommodate the searchable database 'galerie de mine' which is an index of all the representations of mines and mining in european art, literature, film, photographs etc...that one person could collect over the years. (google.com)
- It is designed for on site, quick, universal cable repair and for repairing outer jackets of mining cable splice kits. (3m.com)
- At this site Paleolithic humans mined hematite to make the red pigment ochre. (wikipedia.org)
- The Mt. Emmons mine would generate 6,000 tons of mined ore per day for 10.5 years, requiring extensive construction of tailings dump sites in the headwaters of Ohio and Carbon Creeks, a vast industrial complex of mills, slurry pipelines and roadways, and one or more tailings impoundments of 200 acres bounded by 200 feet tall dams. (nwf.org)
- You can also partition a mining structure, test multiple mining models, and generate an analysis by using Analysis Services stored procedures. (microsoft.com)
- President Trump's nominee to head the Labor Department's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) appeared today before a Senate committee for a confirmation hearing. (scienceblogs.com)
- West Virginia's senior U.S. senator will not be supporting President Trump's nominee to head the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). (scienceblogs.com)
- Scotch® Tape 31 is a 60 mil thick, premium grade, MSHA approved, heavy duty mining tape. (3m.com)
- The Mining Co., a division of General Internet Inc., reportedly attracted 2.4 million unique users in July and experienced 45.2% growth in reach since April 1998. (internetnews.com)
- He has extensive experience with INCO, the global nickel mining company. (angelfire.com)
- ISLAMABAD (AP) - Pakistan is seeking the reversal of a $5.8 billion penalty imposed by an international tribunal for denying a mining lease to an Australian company, saying that paying the fine would hinder its handling of the coronavirus pandemic. (ap.org)
- The forward-looking statements and information expressed, as at the date of this news release, McEwen Mining Inc.'s (the "Company") estimates, forecasts, projections, expectations or beliefs as to future events and results. (yahoo.com)
- Over the past six years the company has worked diligently to establish a substantial gold-silver resource and is now focused on advancing the project to mine construction and future gold-silver production. (nasdaq.com)
- This declaration allows the company to restart production at Sago Mine on Wednesday. (npr.org)
- As previously disclosed the Company expects to be able to mine 9-10 months per year and we are now in the rainy season. (cnbc.com)
- With the rainy reason subsiding in Peru the Company can begin to mine more days per month to approximately 15-20 days per month, depending on the weather. (cnbc.com)
- Hambledon Mining plc is a public limited company, registered in England and listed on AIM, with mining operating assets in Kazakhstan. (ebrd.com)
- While it is not an EBRD requirement for Category B projects, the company has, under its own initiative, commissioned a full life of mine (above and below ground activities) E&S Impact Assessment (ESIA) by an independent consultant, including the development of an action plan for additional studies and assessments. (ebrd.com)
- Turkish police have detained 18 people, including mining company executives and personnel, as part of an investigation into last week's mine disaster, CNN Turk and other broadcasters reported on Sunday. (yahoo.com)
- March 5, 1999"-a celebration of venture capital funds raised by Molecular Mining, a company he co-founded. (technologyreview.com)
- Management risk affects every company, but mining stocks are particularly prone to executive trouble. (investopedia.com)
- The Western Mining Action Network's (WMAN) mission is to foster and support a strong network that protects communities, land, water, air, and wildlife by reforming mining practices and holding government and corporations accountable. (idealist.org)
- JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- Share prices ended broadly mixed Thursday, with industrial and mining issues heading in opposite directions. (wsj.com)
- Tim Hampton said future investment in mining was hinged on present commodity prices remaining steady and he did not expect growth beyond 2014. (smh.com.au)
- The written evidence does not discuss all aspects of mining, leaving out information such as how veins were located, what tools were used, or how drainage wheels were used to control water. (unc.edu)
- Mines of a similar age in Hungary are believed to be sites where Neanderthals may have mined flint for weapons and tools. (wikipedia.org)
- Years of successful illumination research by NIOSH allows manufacturers to build cap lamp and mine lamp equipment that will illuminate more effectively and operate more efficiently than products currently on the market. (cdc.gov)
- Almost 30 years ago, the EPA found that mines could operate profitably without discharging their wastes into the nation's waters. (nwf.org)
- GreenCoinX Inc , the developer of the world's first identifiable crypto currency and which has XGC as its digital currency identifier, announces that it has addressed the problem of long term crypto currency mining rewards. (prweb.com)
- Mining rewards, in the sense of the native coins issued by the blockchain, are meant to have some kind of stability but the real outcome is not stable at all. (forbes.com)
- Mining rewards fluctuate in several dimensions. (forbes.com)
- It seems a spike in mining rewards for a coin is a good indicator of its future direction, especially if the reward for renting rigs out for mining that coin moves sharply. (forbes.com)
- Real money mining rewards are a clear indicator of the strength and health of the cryptomarket because large sums of fiat flow through the channels of mining. (forbes.com)
- Software mining is an application of knowledge discovery in the area of software modernization which involves understanding existing software artifacts. (wikipedia.org)
- The mining process involves compiling recent transactions into blocks and trying to solve a computationally difficult puzzle. (forbes.com)
- Today's industrial-strength mining involves the blasting, excavating, and crushing of many thousands of acres of land and the use of huge quantities of toxic chemicals such as cyanide and sulfuric acid. (nwf.org)
- The coal mining process involves extracting coal from the earth. (investopedia.com)
- For decades, large mining corporations have used two loopholes in the Clean Water Act to dump massive amounts of toxic tailings and other waste into America's most pristine streams, lakes, and wetlands. (nwf.org)
- Destruction of 200 acres of healthy, diverse forest and wetlandsthat would be clear-cut and stripped to bedrock in order to construct the mine and tailings ponds. (nwf.org)
- AP) - Officials in a rural Nevada county with significant mining assets want state lawmakers to carve out an exemption in the state's Open Meeting Law to allow them to discuss environmental assessments before the reports are released to the public. (ap.org)
- Turkey's prime minister pledged Tuesday not to allow anyone responsible for the country's worst mine disaster to go unpunished , and promised improved supervision of Turkish mines. (yahoo.com)
- Open flames could ignite the inflammable gas especially prevalent in coal mines and mining explosions with hundreds of casualties was a common occurrence in the late 19th and early 20th century. (si.edu)
- The NYSE and TSX have not reviewed and do not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of the contents of this news release, which has been prepared by management of McEwen Mining Inc. (yahoo.com)
- The world cosumption of raw materials is set to nearly double by 2060 - mining regions supply the raw materials for the future. (oecd.org)
- Partly as a result of a series of articles recently published in the Toronto Star , the federal government is under mounting pressure to take action to deal with alleged abuses by mining firms in the developing world. (thestar.com)
- It seems like there is a mining tragedy somewhere in the world at least once a month (yes, even in the US). (coachella.com)
- Job Summary The Sale Manager, Mining , US will be responsible for sales growth and existing client base management in the US mining sector. (collegegrad.com)
- Responsibilities: * Will work primarily within the mining sector, but will also support other sectors with mining and civil engineering related project management. (collegegrad.com)
- It will have a special focus on policies to increase local productivity and value chain participation related to the mining and resources sector and to support economic diversification that builds long-term economic resilience. (oecd.org)
- This brief paper is prepared to provide information on the current state of the Ethiopian Mining Sector and assess the investment and business potentials of sector. (export.gov)
- The first section provides information on current state of Ethiopian mining sector. (export.gov)
- The mining and quarrying sector is highly underdeveloped and its contribution to the GDP is limited to 5.6 percent in 2014/15. (export.gov)
- Residential construction and non-mining investment will overtake the resources sector within five years, forcing thousands of mining employees out into the cold, according to another economics forecast predicting a downturn in mining. (smh.com.au)
- As outlined in the current EBRD Strategy for Kazakhstan, the Bank supports the development of responsible mining and pursues projects that increase private sector participation and are committed to improving environmental standards and energy efficiency. (ebrd.com)
- SOUTH African President Jacob Zuma says mining taxes will be reviewed in a move likely to renew uncertainty in the key sector hit by wildcat strikes and nationalisation threats. (news.com.au)
- The mining sector generates around a fifth of GDP. (news.com.au)
- Ahead of the national elections in Mongolia, the FT's Leslie Hook films and reports from the resource-rich country to find out if it can make the most of its mining boom and fight against corruption. (ft.com)
- The prediction is similar to that of Deloitte Access Economics, which yesterday said it expected the mining boom to peak within two years. (smh.com.au)
- How to use an open source stack (Hadoop, Cascading, Bixo) in EC2 for cost effective, scalable and reliable web mining. (slideshare.net)
- He also captured gold mines in Thrace for minting coinage, eventually producing 26 tons per year. (wikipedia.org)
- The mining operation, known as Wismut , took place on a very large scale, and occupational exposure is thought to be attributable to thousands of cases of lung cancer and other health impairments. (world-nuclear.org)
- The most recent Mining Program Performance One-pager offers a snapshot of the Program's priorities, strategies we use to address these priorities, recent accomplishments, and upcoming work. (cdc.gov)
- To minimize risk ahead of the mine planning phase, potential complexities and variability in the recovery process must be assessed through metallurgical test work and flow sheet modeling. (zeiss.com)
- We solicit experimental and theoretical work on social network analysis and mining using a wide range of techniques from social sciences, mathematics, statistics, physics, network science and computer science. (springer.com)
- Work safety has long been a concern as well, and modern practices have significantly improved safety in mines. (wikipedia.org)
- Mine hoists may still be used to raise and lower loads on the incline if it is steep, but on shallower slopes, conveyor belts, locomotives or trucks may do the work. (wikipedia.org)
- The other methods are to mine it in excavated shafts or to look for it in the debris of undermined mountains. (unc.edu)
- The same techniques were used at Reed mine, where a placer find encouraged surface digging, and eventually the excavation of adits and shafts in the hill. (unc.edu)
- Drainage and ventilation of slope mines may be done using the primary slope, or it may be done using auxiliary shafts or bore-holes. (wikipedia.org)
- Mines can be hazardous environments and the possibility of fire, flood, explosion and collapse has the potential to simultaneously affect a large number of people. (hse.gov.uk)
- Our first-hand knowledge of mining, and oil and gas challenges helps us develop products and services that protect your assets, your workers, your profits and the environment for years to come: Take microscopic glass bubbles, an additive that can make polymer foams so strong they can withstand the crushing pressure associated with deep ocean oil wells. (3m.com)
- ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A judge ruled the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency did not deviate from most of its procedures when it issued a key water quality permit for the proposed PolyMet mine project. (ap.org)
- Controversial projects such as the proposed Pebble mine in Alaska, Montanore mine in Montana, PolyMet mine in northern Minnesota, Mt. Emmons mine in Colorado, Haile mine in South Carolina, and numerous existing mines in the West and Appalachia are relying on these loopholes to cut costs and justify extensive environmental damage. (nwf.org)
- As energy prices have soared, more coal mines have reopened in Appalachia, including some of the mines involved in the accidents. (npr.org)