Independent Living: A housing and community arrangement that maximizes independence and self-determination.Hernia, Abdominal: A protrusion of abdominal structures through the retaining ABDOMINAL WALL. It involves two parts: an opening in the abdominal wall, and a hernia sac consisting of PERITONEUM and abdominal contents. Abdominal hernias include groin hernia (HERNIA, FEMORAL; HERNIA, INGUINAL) and VENTRAL HERNIA.Polypropylenes: Propylene or propene polymers. Thermoplastics that can be extruded into fibers, films or solid forms. They are used as a copolymer in plastics, especially polyethylene. The fibers are used for fabrics, filters and surgical sutures.Titanium: A dark-gray, metallic element of widespread distribution but occurring in small amounts; atomic number, 22; atomic weight, 47.90; symbol, Ti; specific gravity, 4.5; used for fixation of fractures. (Dorland, 28th ed)Surgical Mesh: Any woven or knit material of open texture used in surgery for the repair, reconstruction, or substitution of tissue. The mesh is usually a synthetic fabric made of various polymers. It is occasionally made of metal.Cystocele: A HERNIA-like condition in which the weakened pelvic muscles cause the URINARY BLADDER to drop from its normal position. Fallen urinary bladder is more common in females with the bladder dropping into the VAGINA and less common in males with the bladder dropping into the SCROTUM.Reconstructive Surgical Procedures: Procedures used to reconstruct, restore, or improve defective, damaged, or missing structures.Prostheses and Implants: Artificial substitutes for body parts, and materials inserted into tissue for functional, cosmetic, or therapeutic purposes. Prostheses can be functional, as in the case of artificial arms and legs, or cosmetic, as in the case of an artificial eye. Implants, all surgically inserted or grafted into the body, tend to be used therapeutically. IMPLANTS, EXPERIMENTAL is available for those used experimentally.Dental Implants: Biocompatible materials placed into (endosseous) or onto (subperiosteal) the jawbone to support a crown, bridge, or artificial tooth, or to stabilize a diseased tooth.Spine: The spinal or vertebral column.Urinary Incontinence, Stress: Involuntary discharge of URINE as a result of physical activities that increase abdominal pressure on the URINARY BLADDER without detrusor contraction or overdistended bladder. The subtypes are classified by the degree of leakage, descent and opening of the bladder neck and URETHRA without bladder contraction, and sphincter deficiency.Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Abnormal descent of a pelvic organ resulting in the protrusion of the organ beyond its normal anatomical confines. Symptoms often include vaginal discomfort, DYSPAREUNIA; URINARY STRESS INCONTINENCE; and FECAL INCONTINENCE.Uterine Prolapse: Downward displacement of the UTERUS. It is classified in various degrees: in the first degree the UTERINE CERVIX is within the vaginal orifice; in the second degree the cervix is outside the orifice; in the third degree the entire uterus is outside the orifice.Suburethral Slings: Support structures, made from natural or synthetic materials, that are implanted below the URETHRA to treat URINARY STRESS INCONTINENCE.Pelvic Floor: Soft tissue formed mainly by the pelvic diaphragm, which is composed of the two levator ani and two coccygeus muscles. The pelvic diaphragm lies just below the pelvic aperture (outlet) and separates the pelvic cavity from the PERINEUM. It extends between the PUBIC BONE anteriorly and the COCCYX posteriorly.Urinary Incontinence: Involuntary loss of URINE, such as leaking of urine. It is a symptom of various underlying pathological processes. Major types of incontinence include URINARY URGE INCONTINENCE and URINARY STRESS INCONTINENCE.Nasal Polyps: Focal accumulations of EDEMA fluid in the NASAL MUCOSA accompanied by HYPERPLASIA of the associated submucosal connective tissue. Polyps may be NEOPLASMS, foci of INFLAMMATION, degenerative lesions, or malformations.Clobetasol: A derivative of PREDNISOLONE with high glucocorticoid activity and low mineralocorticoid activity. Absorbed through the skin faster than FLUOCINONIDE, it is used topically in treatment of PSORIASIS but may cause marked adrenocortical suppression.Polyps: Discrete abnormal tissue masses that protrude into the lumen of the DIGESTIVE TRACT or the RESPIRATORY TRACT. Polyps can be spheroidal, hemispheroidal, or irregular mound-shaped structures attached to the MUCOUS MEMBRANE of the lumen wall either by a stalk, pedunculus, or by a broad base.Nasal Mucosa: The mucous lining of the NASAL CAVITY, including lining of the nostril (vestibule) and the OLFACTORY MUCOSA. Nasal mucosa consists of ciliated cells, GOBLET CELLS, brush cells, small granule cells, basal cells (STEM CELLS) and glands containing both mucous and serous cells.Sinusitis: Inflammation of the NASAL MUCOSA in one or more of the PARANASAL SINUSES.Colonic Polyps: Discrete tissue masses that protrude into the lumen of the COLON. These POLYPS are connected to the wall of the colon either by a stalk, pedunculus, or by a broad base.Steroids: A group of polycyclic compounds closely related biochemically to TERPENES. They include cholesterol, numerous hormones, precursors of certain vitamins, bile acids, alcohols (STEROLS), and certain natural drugs and poisons. Steroids have a common nucleus, a fused, reduced 17-carbon atom ring system, cyclopentanoperhydrophenanthrene. Most steroids also have two methyl groups and an aliphatic side-chain attached to the nucleus. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 11th ed)Lawyers: Persons whose profession is to give legal advice and assistance to clients and represent them in legal matters. (American Heritage Dictionary, 3d ed)Hernia, Inguinal: An abdominal hernia with an external bulge in the GROIN region. It can be classified by the location of herniation. Indirect inguinal hernias occur through the internal inguinal ring. Direct inguinal hernias occur through defects in the ABDOMINAL WALL (transversalis fascia) in Hesselbach's triangle. The former type is commonly seen in children and young adults; the latter in adults.Hernia: Protrusion of tissue, structure, or part of an organ through the bone, muscular tissue, or the membrane by which it is normally contained. Hernia may involve tissues such as the ABDOMINAL WALL or the respiratory DIAPHRAGM. Hernias may be internal, external, congenital, or acquired.Equipment and Supplies: Expendable and nonexpendable equipment, supplies, apparatus, and instruments that are used in diagnostic, surgical, therapeutic, scientific, and experimental procedures.Device Approval: Process that is gone through in order for a device to receive approval by a government regulatory agency. This includes any required preclinical or clinical testing, review, submission, and evaluation of the applications and test results, and post-marketing surveillance. It is not restricted to FDA.Research Report: Detailed account or statement or formal record of data resulting from empirical inquiry.BostonProfessional Corporations: Legally authorized corporations owned and managed by one or more professionals (medical, dental, legal) in which the income is ascribed primarily to the professional activities of the owners or stockholders.Health Care Sector: Economic sector concerned with the provision, distribution, and consumption of health care services and related products.Angioscopes: Endoscopes used for viewing the interior of blood vessels.Femoral Vein: The vein accompanying the femoral artery in the same sheath; it is a continuation of the popliteal vein and becomes the external iliac vein.Patents as Topic: Exclusive legal rights or privileges applied to inventions, plants, etc.Hernia, Diaphragmatic: Protrusion of abdominal structures into the THORAX as a result of congenital or traumatic defects in the respiratory DIAPHRAGM.Hernia, Ventral: A hernia caused by weakness of the anterior ABDOMINAL WALL due to midline defects, previous incisions, or increased intra-abdominal pressure. Ventral hernias include UMBILICAL HERNIA, incisional, epigastric, and spigelian hernias.Short-Wave Therapy: The use of focused short radio waves to produce local hyperthermia in an injured person or diseased body area.Defibrillators, Implantable: Implantable devices which continuously monitor the electrical activity of the heart and automatically detect and terminate ventricular tachycardia (TACHYCARDIA, VENTRICULAR) and VENTRICULAR FIBRILLATION. They consist of an impulse generator, batteries, and electrodes.Equipment Safety: Freedom of equipment from actual or potential hazards.Medical Device Legislation: Laws and regulations pertaining to devices used in medicine, proposed for enactment, or enacted by a legislative body.Herniorrhaphy: Surgical procedures undertaken to repair abnormal openings through which tissue or parts of organs can protrude or are already protruding.Polymers: Compounds formed by the joining of smaller, usually repeating, units linked by covalent bonds. These compounds often form large macromolecules (e.g., BIOPOLYMERS; PLASTICS).Absorbable Implants: Implants constructed of materials designed to be absorbed by the body without producing an immune response. They are usually composed of plastics and are frequently used in orthopedics and orthodontics.Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Interactions: The thermodynamic interaction between a substance and WATER.Gastroesophageal Reflux: Retrograde flow of gastric juice (GASTRIC ACID) and/or duodenal contents (BILE ACIDS; PANCREATIC JUICE) into the distal ESOPHAGUS, commonly due to incompetence of the LOWER ESOPHAGEAL SPHINCTER.Fundoplication: Mobilization of the lower end of the esophagus and plication of the fundus of the stomach around it (fundic wrapping) in the treatment of GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX that may be associated with various disorders, such as hiatal hernia. (From Dorland, 28th ed)Proton Pump Inhibitors: Compounds that inhibit H(+)-K(+)-EXCHANGING ATPASE. They are used as ANTI-ULCER AGENTS and sometimes in place of HISTAMINE H2 ANTAGONISTS for GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX.Esophageal pH Monitoring: Analysis of the HYDROGEN ION CONCENTRATION in the lumen of the ESOPHAGUS. It is used to record the pattern, frequency, and duration of GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX.Esophagus: The muscular membranous segment between the PHARYNX and the STOMACH in the UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT.Hernia, Hiatal: STOMACH herniation located at or near the diaphragmatic opening for the ESOPHAGUS, the esophageal hiatus.Patient Satisfaction: The degree to which the individual regards the health care service or product or the manner in which it is delivered by the provider as useful, effective, or beneficial.
... surgical mesh, and penile prosthesis. Medical devices are classified by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under three ... The process of implantation of medical devices is subjected to the same complications that other invasive medical procedures ... "Three-year results from a preclinical implantation study of a long-term resorbable surgical mesh with time-dependent mechanical ... Cardiovascular medical devices are implanted in cases where the heart, its valves, and the rest of the circulatory system is in ...
Jude Medical, Inc". sjm.com. "Three-year results from a preclinical implantation study of a long-term resorbable surgical mesh ... Matrix Surgical Mesh is a 100 percent resorbable (100% absorbable), synthetic mesh, knitted from two different resorbable ... Jude Medical. The hemostasis division of Radi Medical was responsible for the development of a resorbable polymer seal device ... Novus has developed the world's first long-term resorbable synthetic surgical mesh which was cleared for use by the FDA in ...
3 Surgical approaches *3.1 Open hernia repair *3.1.1 Open mesh repairs *22.214.171.124 Lichtenstein technique ... People with unstable medical conditions. *Repair using mesh is withheld if a person has an active infection within the groin or ... Open non-mesh repairs. Techniques in which mesh is not used are referred to as tissue repair technique, suture technique ... "DESARDA'S NO MESH REPAIR VERSUS LICHTENSTEIN'S OPEN MESH REPAIR OF INGUINAL HERNIA: A COMPARATIVE STUDY" (PDF). Journal of ...
... on developing cellulose based medical implants for applications such as meniscus/cartilage repair as well as surgical meshes. ...
The Roth Net® is a mesh net that can be inserted through the endoscope, and opened and closed from the outside; it can be used ... Other modalities rarely used now include removal of boluses using catheters,[unreliable medical source?] and the use of large- ... Surgical Endoscopy. 3 (4): 195-8. doi:10.1007/BF02171545. PMID 2623551. Baraka A, Bikhazi G (1975). "Oesophageal foreign bodies ... An esophageal food bolus obstruction (or steakhouse syndrome) is a medical emergency caused by the obstruction of the esophagus ...
... s at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) Association of Chemoreception Sciences ... European Surgical Research. Europaische Chirurgische Forschung. Recherches Chirurgicales Europeennes. 9 (2): 75-84. doi:10.1159 ... Cellular antennae: Within the biological and medical disciplines, recent discoveries have noted that primary cilia in many ...
A tracheobronchoplasty is a surgical procedure performed at limited medical facilities across the United States. It consists of ... a thoracic surgery during which mesh is sutured to the outside of the patient's trachea through a series of hundreds of knots. ...
This is a mesh-augmented procedure in which the apex of the vagina is attached to the sacrum by a piece of medical mesh ... Surgical options are many and may include a hysterectomy or a uterus-sparing technique such as laparoscopic hysteropexy, ... The evidence does not support use of transvaginal mesh compared to native tissue repair for apical vaginal prolapse. The use of ... Treatment may be conservative or surgical and should be based upon patient symptoms and preference. The uterus (womb) is ...
... (from Greek μαστός "breast" and ἐκτομή ektomia "cutting out") is the medical term for the surgical removal of one or ... In recent years, designers have catered to the medical market and those affected by the surgical procedure. Many dresses ... and that is usually much more a personal choice than a medical assessment. The medical viewpoint stresses the statistical fact ... Medical uses. Despite the increased ability to offer breast conservation techniques to patients with breast cancer, ...
Surgical techniques in ophthalmology. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Pub. ISBN 978-93-80704-24-1. OCLC 754740941. Anon- ... MeSH). ... unreliable medical source?] In order to fixate on a near object ... This causes the lens to form a more spherical shape achieving a higher level of refractive power.[unreliable medical source?] ... Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Retrieved 24 October 2012. Garg, ...
M23.004 Lysostaphin at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) EC 126.96.36.199 Molecular and Cellular ... The Journal of Surgical Research. 171 (2): 409-15. doi:10.1016/j.jss.2011.04.014. PMID 21696759. The MEROPS online database for ... Once a "Staphylococcal" biofilm has formed on an implanted medical device, it is difficult to disrupt due to its antibiotic ... illustrated that a lysostaphin bound mesh demonstrated dramatic preservation results in a rat model. Using lyosptaphin to treat ...
MeSH. D004841. MedlinePlus. 002920. [edit on Wikidata]. Episiotomy, also known as perineotomy, is a surgical incision of the ... Its routine use is no longer recommended. Despite this, it is one of the most common medical procedures performed on women. ... The midwife or obstetrician may decide to make a surgical cut to the perineum with scissors or a scalpel to make the baby's ... In various countries, routine episiotomy has been accepted medical practice for many years. Since about the 1960s, routine ...
Bellis served as surgical consultant to the Surgeon General of the U.S. Army and was a longtime surgeon at St. Mary Medical ... He invented the mersilene mesh hernia procedure and was the first to perform the procedure as an outpatient surgery. David and ...
... prolonged surgical operation times, (iii) additional, secondary scarring at the flap-tissue donor site, (iv) possible medical ... Said conditions require the reinforcement of the woman's abdominal wall with a synthetic mesh. Indications The woman must be ... the surgical sacrifice of the rectus abdominis muscle can result in a higher risk of medical complications of the abdominal ... A medical history of radiation to the chest wall. A large opposite breast, which is difficult to match with a pectoral implant ...
... as patients allege long-term harm and suffering as a result of implanted mesh.[unreliable medical source?] The tension-free ... Many surgical options have high rates of success. A Cochrane Review of studies found that the less-invasive variants of the ... www.lawyersandsettlements.com/articles/transvaginal-mesh-tvt-sling/tvt-sling-transvaginal-mesh-9-18650.html#.UXWU6StVTeI ... A pessary is a medical device that is inserted into the vagina. The most common kind is ring shaped, and is typically ...
... at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) Compliance Nikischin W, Gerhardt T, ... Compliance decreases in the following cases: Supine position Laparoscopic surgical interventions Severe restrictive pathologies ...
... surgical mesh, repair patches, slings, cardiovascular patches, orthopedic pins (including bone.lling augmentation material), ... There are potential applications for PHA produced by micro-organisms within the medical and pharmaceutical industries, ...
... at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) Derailed: Living with Fibrosing ... Treatment for chronic fibrosing mediastinitis is somewhat controversial, and may include steroids or surgical decompression of ... most cases of acute mediastinitis result from complications of cardiovascular or endoscopic surgical procedures. Treatment ...
Stryker segregates their reporting into three reportable business segments: Orthopedics, Medical and Surgical (MedSurg), and ... a company developing a flow diversion stent technology to treat brain aneurysms using a mesh design and delivery system, for $ ... Medical); and reprocessed and remanufactured medical devices as well as other medical device products used in a variety of ... MedSurg products include surgical equipment and surgical navigation systems (Instruments); endoscopic and communications ...
Also non-medical industries like materials science use Mimics in image-based R&D. Materialise Mimics is a platform to bridge ... Surgical simulation Image import from CT (DICOM) Image segmentation 3D model 3D modeling 3D Slicer Computer representation of ... a design and meshing software for anatomical data. The current version is 20.0, it supports Windows 10, Windows 7, Vista and XP ... Mimics is an acronym for Materialise Interactive Medical Image Control System. It is developed in an ISO environment with CE ...
Surgical tape or medical tape, a form of pressure-sensitive adhesive tape used in medicine and first aid as a bandage to hold a ... Barbed tape or razor wire, a mesh of metal strips with sharp edges whose purpose is to prevent passage by humans ...
This further escalated when, in 2011, the agency received more than 1,000 adverse effect reports from surgical mesh ... Perriello, Brad (22 May 2014). "J&J's pipeline includes 30 'major' medical devices and a surgical robot". MassDevice. Retrieved ... "Ethicon Gynecare Prolift Mesh - Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit". Girard Gibbs. Retrieved 1 October 2017. "Week Ahead in Health: March 2, ... Much controversy surrounds Ethicon's transvaginal meshes used on patients with female genital prolapse. Of these meshes, the ...
South African Medical Journal, "Part I. Surgical experience and clinical studies." J Hassoulas, Vol. 102, No. 6 (2012). ... MeSH. D016027. MedlinePlus. 003003. [edit on Wikidata]. A heart transplant, or a cardiac transplant, is a surgical transplant ... MAJOR MEDICAL MILESTONES LEADING UP TO THE FIRST HUMAN HEART TRANSPLANTATION, Kate Elzinga, from Proceedings of the 18th Annual ... Heart: An American Medical Odyssey, Dick Cheney, Richard B. Cheney, Jonathan Reiner, MD, with Liz Cheney, Scribner (division of ...
... an EP by Pram Surgical mesh, used to support and repair organs and tissues during surgery MeSH, an acronym for Medical Subject ... Mesh is a type of material. Mesh or MESH may also refer to: Mesh (scale), a measurement scale for small particles Mesh ( ... Louis rock band previously known as "Mesh" and "Mesh STL" Mesh, an alias used by Dutch trance musician Jack Molenschot Meshes ( ... used in mesh analysis In computational mathematics, Types of mesh A polygon mesh in 3D computer graphics Mesh network, a highly ...
"Information on Surgical Mesh for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence". Medical Devices Safety Communications ... Experimentation may find differing outcomes for some meshes. The primary function of surgical mesh is to support prolapsed ... Surgical mesh may also be used for pelvic or vaginal wall reconstructions in women and is implemented to add as a growth guide ... Surgical mesh is a loosely woven sheet which is used as either a permanent or temporary support for organs and other tissues ...
PET is both a medical and research tool. It is used heavily in clinical oncology (medical imaging of tumours and the search for ... Khan, FR; Henderson, JM (2013). "Deep Brain Stimulation Surgical Techniques". In Lozano, AM; Hallet, M (eds.). Brain ... MeSH. D049268. OPS-301 code. 3-74. MedlinePlus. 003827. [edit on Wikidata] ... IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 9 (1): 84-93. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.144.8671. doi:10.1109/42.52985. PMID 18222753.. ...
3. Polypropylene mesh midurethral slings are the standard of care for the surgical treatment of SUI and represent a great ... A broad evidence base including high quality scientific papers in medical journals in the US and the world supports the use of ... The polypropylene mesh midurethral sling is the recognized worldwide standard of care for the surgical treatment of stress ... 3. FDA, Urogynecologic Surgical Mesh: Update on the Safety and Effectiveness of Vaginal Placement for Pelvic Organ Prolapse. ...
Hernia repair refers to a surgical operation for the correction of a hernia. ... The hernia defect or hole is covered with mesh from within the abdomen and staples commonly fired through it into the muscle ... That carries risks on its own and certainly not so good if you are elderly or have other medical conditions. ... and surgical instruments into the abdomen. The incisions are small, so the whole technique is often called keyhole surgery. ( ...
... researchers and medical device companies speak at an FDA hearing about vaginal mesh devices after thousands report problems. ... medical-device-dangers Surgical mesh: Defenders shine a light on yet another dangerous medical device. Women, doctors, ... Surgical mesh for trans-vaginal POP repair is a quintessential example of the deficiencies of the FDAs oversight of medical ... The FDA will continue to look at the evidence presented to determine if more action should be taken for surgical mesh. ...
To receive information regarding "Atrium C-Qur surgical mesh ," please enter your contact information below:. You can also Log ... surgical mesh products, which are coated with pharmaceutical-grade Omega 3 bio-absorbable coating. Studies of ProLite™ and ... For easier handling of large ventral hernia mesh, try Atriums C-Qur Tac Shield. ...
Orthopedic Surgical Titanium Mesh Implant from Quality Spinal Implants, Suzhou Xinrong Best Medical Instrument Co., Ltd. - a ... titanium mesh implant titanium mesh for medical implant metal mesh and titanium mesh titanium mesh screen titanium mesh and ... Spinal Implant Surgery Medical Titanium Mesh , Orthopedic Surgical Titanium Mesh Implant Titanium Mesh, titanium mesh for ... Orthopedic Surgical Titanium Mesh Implant Spinal Implant Surgery Medical Titanium Mesh , Orthopedic Surgical Titanium Mesh ...
2 Million Jury Verdict for Injured Patient Caused by Misplacement of Surgical Mesh. by Robert Kreisman ... Niemynski finally met with another gynecologist who examined her bladder and discovered a section of surgical mesh that had ... Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer Kreisman Law Offices Home Contact Illinois Personal Injury Attorney Kreisman Law Offices ... Thorpe alleging that he misplaced the mesh in her bladder during her first surgery and chose not to timely remove it. The ...
Issues caused by surgical mesh used tranvaginally include erosion of the mesh through the vagina, mesh contraction or shrinkage ... Are you suffering devestating side-effects after undergoing surgery involving mesh? ... Are you suffering complications as a result surgical mesh? Do you have questions? Concerns? Speak to a medical device attorney ... Mesh also boosts the growth of healthy tissue. Patches, light mesh, light plugs, and surgical grafts are types of mesh used ...
A randomized comparison of the usual surgical removal of nasal polyps versus systemic steroid treatment was performed in 53 ... MeSH terms * Administration, Topical * Adult * Anti-Inflammatory Agents / therapeutic use * Betamethasone / analogs & ... Surgical versus medical treatment of nasal polyps Acta Otolaryngol. Jan-Feb 1988;105(1-2):140-3. doi: 10.3109/00016488809119457 ... Therefore medical treatment is recommended for routine use. Surgical removal should be reserved for those few cases in which ...
Publication types, MeSH terms, Substance. Publication types. *Comparative Study. *Research Support, Non-U.S. Govt ... Service users attributes associated with the uptake of medical versus surgical abortion at public health facilities in Vietnam ... Department of Environmental Health, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam.. 4. Department of Health Economics, Hanoi Medical ... To investigate the attributes of service users associated with uptake of medical abortion (MA) versus manual vacuum aspiration ...
If you or a loved one has suffered serious complications and/or additional surgery as a result of a Hernia Surgical Mesh ... Some surgical procedures used to treat hernias employ surgical mesh.. Mesh is made of synthetic materials or animal tissue. It ... Complications from Hernia Surgical Mesh. The use of hernia surgical mesh has led to complications in many patients. Even when ... Have You Experienced Complications from Hernia Surgical Mesh?. Whether youve been diagnosed with surgical mesh complications ...
A thorough medical evaluation is essential in older patients. A hernia should be relatively asymptomatic unless it becomes ... "REPAIR OF INGUINAL HERNIA WITH MESH (LICHTENSTEIN)." Zollingers Atlas of Surgical Operations, 10e Ellison E, Zollinger RM, Jr ... E. Christopher Ellison, and Robert M. Zollinger, Jr.eds. Zollingers Atlas of Surgical Operations, 10e New York, NY: McGraw- ... REPAIR OF INGUINAL HERNIA WITH MESH (LICHTENSTEIN). In: Ellison E, Zollinger RM, Jr.. Ellison E, Zollinger R.M., Jr. Eds. ...
Publication type, MeSH terms, Substances. Publication type. *Review. MeSH terms. *Androgen Antagonists/therapeutic use* ... Serum testosterone levels after medical or surgical androgen deprivation: a comprehensive review of the literature.. Nishiyama ... Serum testosterone levels in three-quarter patients after surgical castration drop to less than 20 ng/dl (0.69 nmol/l). ... for androgen synthesis in humans and provides a comprehensive review of serum testosterone levels after surgical or medical ...
... few recalls of transvaginal mesh products have actually been announced. These products are used to repair pelvic organ prolapse ... Medical Product Defects: Transvaginal Mesh & Surgical Mesh. Posted By Vanguard Attorneys As of 2013, few recalls of ... Reports of injuries and complications were not linked to a single brand of mesh model. Thousands of mesh injuries in women have ... Severe cases involved erosion of the mesh and vaginal scarring, where additional surgery was necessary to remove mesh that ...
Surgical Mesh Complications in Hernia Repairs November 7, 2017. /in Case Studies, Expert Articles, Medical Malpractice /by ... Compartment Syndrome and Medical Malpractice, the Facts November 14, 2017 * Surgical Mesh Complications in Hernia Repairs ... You are here: Home / Expert Witness Repository / Case Studies / Surgical Mesh Complications in Hernia Repairs ... Tags: Surgical Mesh Complications in Hernia Repairs. Share this entry. *Share on Facebook ...
Medical News. HealthCanal.com is a premier online Health News write / Medical Research News write service provider with our ... Do not use any counterfeit Bard surgical mesh from the lots listed. Carefully examine all manufacturers polypropylene surgical ... 0112660 - Bard Flat Mesh 10"x 14" Lot HURL0336. Lot HUSD0629. 0112680 - Bard Flat Mesh 3"x 6". Lot 43HPD027. Lot 43HPD032. Lot ... If you suspect a problem with this or any counterfeit surgical mesh, the FDA encourages you to file a voluntary report through ...
The aim of the study was to report the surgical outcome of mini-incisional correction method to treat involutional entropion. ... Medical and Biotech [MESH] Definitions. Entropion. The turning inward (inversion) of the edge of the eyelid, with the tarsal ... surgical outcome.". The aim of the study was to report the surgical outcome of mini-incisional correction method to treat ... Surgical success was defined as no contact between the eyelashes and the globe during forced closure of the eyelids. Surgical ...
... clinicaltrials.gov To analyze the outcomes of surgical treatment of patients with spinal metastases in spine unit in AUH ... Medical and Biotech [MESH] Definitions. Spinal Nerves. The 31 paired peripheral nerves formed by the union of the dorsal and ... Home » Topics » Surgical treatments » Research » Outcomes of Surgical Treatment of Patients With Spinal Metastasis in AUH ... surgical treatment of patients with spinal metastases in spine unit in AUH regarding the pain control, neurological status and ...
Surgical Instrument)/surgical wire mesh baskets from factory From China - an ping county heng you wire mesh products co.,ltd. ... Good Quality Medical supplies Surgical operation Sterilization Basket( ... Medical supplies Surgical operation Sterilization Basket(Surgical Instrument)/surgical wire mesh baskets from factory. ... medical storage wire mesh basket/instrument basket/sterilization tray medical fine wire mesh basket with lid and handle ...
... buy Medical supplies Surgical operation Sterilization Basket(Surgical Instrument)/surgical wire mesh baskets from factory from ... Medical supplies Surgical operation Sterilization Basket(Surgical Instrument)/surgical wire mesh baskets from factory ... Medical supplies Surgical operation Sterilization Basket(Surgical Instrument)/surgical wire mesh baskets from factory. ... Medical supplies Surgical operation Sterilization Basket(Surgical Instrument)/surgical wire mesh baskets from factory. ...
50 From Surgical Mesh to DBS - Medical Devices in the 21st Century. ... Is it possible to move a wheelchair simply by thinking about it? Surprisingly, the answer is yes! Medical devices, such as ... and controversy surrounding medical devices. We also spoke to two students - George Hanna, a Master of Applied Science and ... brain-computer interfaces and insulin pumps, have dramatically changed the landscape of the medical field. They have enabled ...
The Surgical Mesh Market 2017 Research Report investigates a thorough and complete study on Surgical Mesh industry volume, ... Interview with Marten Smith of Microchip Technology Inc.s Medical Products Group. SamanTree Medicals Histolog Scanner: ... The Surgical Mesh Market 2017 Research Report investigates a thorough and complete study on Surgical Mesh industry volume, ... Discrete aspects of the Surgical Mesh industry like value chain analysis, Surgical Mesh industry rules and policies, the ...
Cayenne Medical Surgical Orthopedic Aperfix Acl Instrument Set Arthroscopy. $2,900.00. $16.41 shipping ... 50 Lg White 72" Mesh 10 Oz. Vinyl COATED Polyester 0.16" Thick By. Mauritzon In. $250.00 ...
Johnson announces it will no longer be making surgical mesh. - June 18, 2012 ... "Boston medical device recall lawyer", "Boston product liability lawyers", "surgical mesh", "transvaginal surgical mesh" ... Surgical Mesh Maker to Phase Out Defective Medical Device. by Breakstone, White & Gluck ... Johnson & Johnson, one of the largest manufacturers of surgical mesh, has announced plans to stop selling the medical implants ...
"Repair of Femoral Hernia with Mesh." Zollingers Atlas of Surgical Operations Zollinger RM, Jr, Ellison E, Bitans M, Smith J. ... Repair of Femoral Hernia with Mesh. In: Zollinger RM, Jr, Ellison E, Bitans M, Smith J. Zollinger R.M., Jr, Ellison E, Bitans M ... Contact your institutions library to ask if they subscribe to McGraw-Hill Medical Products. ... Robert M. Zollinger, Jr, et al.eds. Zollingers Atlas of Surgical Operations New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2011. http:// ...
"Information on Surgical Mesh for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence". Medical Devices Safety Communications ... Experimentation may find differing outcomes for some meshes. The primary function of surgical mesh is to support prolapsed ... Surgical mesh may also be used for pelvic or vaginal wall reconstructions in women and is implemented to add as a growth guide ... Surgical mesh is a loosely woven sheet which is used as either a permanent or temporary support for organs and other tissues ...
HerniasSlingsAssociated with transvaginal surgicalSuturesErosionVaginaStress urinary incoLawsuitsProceduresProcedureTissueZollinger's Atlas of Surgical OperationsProductsDevicesHernia Surgical MeshAbdominalRecurrenceSuffer from surgical mesh complicationsCounterfeit surgical meshPerforationPatientsInjuriesInstrumentRisk of mesh shrinkageProlapseSterilePharmaUrinarySurgeriesRecallTIGR MatrixTranvaginal MeshPelvic mesh2017Synthetic surgical meshGroinRisks associated with its surgical meshIncisionDisposable
- Hernias can be treated by non-surgical methods, but doctors frequently turn to surgery to remedy the condition. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Some surgical procedures used to treat hernias employ surgical mesh. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Adult inguinal hernias are usually repaired in an ambulatory surgery setting unless coexisting medical conditions merit hospitalization for specialized monitoring or care. (mhmedical.com)
- The use of synthetic mesh has become increasingly popular as it may be used for both direct and indirect hernias and it results in a lower rate of recurrence. (mhmedical.com)
- A prosthesis is provided for the surgical treatment of hernias. (google.com)
- Roughly they may be divided into two classifications: (1) hernias of the abdominal region at some structurally weak point, and (2) hernias of any part of the body caused by an injury or as the result of a surgical operation. (google.es)
- As is well known, hernias of this type can be treated either by mechanical supports, as with trusses or belts, or by surgical repair. (google.es)
- With older patients and large hernias surgical repair is less likely to be successful. (google.es)
- Why isn't mesh used for all women's inguinal hernias? (empowher.com)
- Up until about 1980 when surgical mesh was introduced, most hernias were repaired using a pure tissue repair or tension technique which included pushing the fat or budging organ back in place and just stitching the muscle defect together using one of many stitching techniques. (empowher.com)
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) just issued a warning targeted to surgical services managers, and risk managers regarding counterfeit flat sheets of polypropylene surgical mesh, which are used in the repair of hernias and chest wall defects. (newsinferno.com)
- Medical device maker C.R. Bard Inc. has sued rival U.S. Surgical Corp. in Delaware for allegedly infringing a patented method for repairing hernias with a special fabric. (law.com)
- Surgical mesh has been used to help repair all different types of hernias since 1958, according to Dr. Timothy Kuwada, assistant clinical professor of surgery at University of North Carolina. (ehow.co.uk)
- Even though surgical mesh helps hernias to heal faster and with less pain than just closing a hernia, allergic reactions, complications and recurrence rates still abound. (ehow.co.uk)
- These products, sometimes referred to as mesh slings, are used to repair pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence in women. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- The US Drug Watchdog has created their national initiative designed to help women recipients of transvaginal mesh, tape, or bladder slings, who are now severely injured by these types of medical product-because they fear there is a great need for this very unique service. (bio-medicine.org)
- Thousands of women have been implanted with Boston Scientific transvaginal surgical mesh implants or pelvic slings during urogynecologic procedures to repair pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI). (yourlawyer.com)
- It also makes hernia mesh , and pelvic meshes and slings. (drugwatch.com)
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received a significant number of complaints that have resulted from the use of transvaginal mesh and vaginal slings. (braytonlaw.com)
- Class I devices include simple devices such as arm slings and hand-held surgical instruments. (wikipedia.org)
- According to an FDA safety communication issued on July 13, 2011, 2,874 new reports of complications - 1,503 involving POP repairs and 1,371 involving SUI repairs - associated with transvaginal surgical mesh procedures were made to the agency from January 2008 through December 2010. (yourlawyer.com)
- In July 2011, the FDA warned of increased risk of serious and painful complications associated with transvaginal surgical meshes. (braytonlaw.com)
- Since the mesh helps to "bridge the gap" on the opening, rather than pulling the tissue together, fewer sutures are needed and pain for the patient is greatly reduced. (gpwlaw.com)
- Surgical Tapes - Dolphin Sutures Manufactures and supplies microporous tapes made by material containing pores with diameters less than 2 nm. (list.ly)
- Unilene is a manufacturer of Surgical Sutures, Polypropylene Mesh and others medical devices. (youtube.com)
- I believe this mostly includes things like sutures and surgical mesh. (rochester.edu)
- The hernia mesh fixators market is segmented into sutures, tack applicators, and glue applicators. (marketresearch.com)
- It is well-known for its innovative surgical tools, sutures and mesh products. (drugwatch.com)
- It has a large majority - 80 percent - of market shares in surgical sutures in the U.S. (drugwatch.com)
- This is partly because the company acquired Megadyne Medical Products and sutures sales. (drugwatch.com)
- Doctors used these surgical sutures for wound closures. (drugwatch.com)
- Lichtenstein theorised that by using a mesh prosthesis to bridge the hernia defect rather than closing it with sutures tension is avoided, ostensibly resulting in a less painful operation. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Severe cases involved erosion of the mesh and vaginal scarring, where additional surgery was necessary to remove mesh that eroded into the vagina. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- Complaints from transvaginal surgical included mesh erosion with in the body, bleeding, pain during sexual intercourse, organ perforation, vaginal scarring, muscular and emotional problems. (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- An implantable medical device, such as a stent, with a coating region for controlling erosion of the substrate region is disclosed. (google.ca)
- These surgeons even state in their paper that "The risk of mesh erosion is unique to repairs utilizing mesh, and does not exist in traditional non-mesh pelvic surgery"(3). (meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com)
- The most serious surgical mesh complications are due to vaginal mesh erosion , also known as extrusion or protrusion. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- Transvaginal mesh failure, including erosion, affects approximately 10 percent of all patients within a year of their initial surgeries. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- Mesh erosion may result in internal scarring of the vagina. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- The FDA noted mesh exposure ("erosion") as the most common mesh-related complication and with mesh shrinkage ("contraction"), the leading cause of symptoms including bleeding, pelvic pain, dyspareunia, or apareunia. (springer.com)
- The US FDA is now saying, 'Transvaginal mesh failures are causing complications in patients such as erosion and infection. (bio-medicine.org)
- Treatments of stress urinary incontinence also sometimes make use of surgical mesh, but complications such as pain, infection and mesh erosion are less common and not as severe. (reference.com)
- Women throughout the country have filed Boston Scientific transvaginal or pelvic mesh lawsuits seeking compensation for serious injuries, including erosion and extrusion of mesh, perforation of organs, vaginal bleeding, chronic infection, pain and emotional distress. (yourlawyer.com)
- Studies reviewed by the FDA also indicated that roughly 10 percent of women who undergo a procedure involving transvaginal placement of surgical mesh will suffer mesh erosion within 12 months of surgery. (yourlawyer.com)
- Used to treat pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence, this surgical mesh procedure has led to abcesses, infections, pain, urinary problems, erosion of the mesh into the vagina and vaginal scarring. (ehow.co.uk)
- At the same time, new studies emerged highlighting the risks of complications, including mesh erosion into the vagina or other organs, scar tissue formation, infections, pelvic pain, urinary incontinence, and recurrence of prolapse. (braytonlaw.com)
- The most common complaint among Gynecare Prolift Pelvic Floor System patients is mesh erosion. (braytonlaw.com)
- This trauma is believed to be the cause of vaginal mesh erosion. (braytonlaw.com)
- This can cause tissue damage and the mesh may actually become visible in and around the vagina. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- and (4) while transvaginal surgical repair to correct weakened tissue between the bladder and vagina (anterior repair) with mesh augmentation may provide an anatomic benefit compared to traditional POP repair without mesh, this anatomic benefit may not result in better symptomatic results. (springer.com)
- A small surgical cut (incision) is made inside your vagina. (medlineplus.gov)
- A special man-made (synthetic mesh) tape is passed through the cut inside the vagina. (medlineplus.gov)
- These surgical mesh devices can be implanted to repair prolapse of the bladder (cystocele), top of the vagina (apical prolapse), uterus (procidentia), rectum (rectocele), bowel (enterocele) and urethra. (yourlawyer.com)
- The surgical mesh devices manufactured and sold by Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiaries are implanted through the vagina and used to treat two conditions in women - pelvic organ prolapse, when organs shift from their normal position, and various urinary issues, including incontinence. (wa.gov)
- The FDA has received over 1,000 reports from nine different surgical mesh manufacturers about complications when mesh is put in place through an incision in the wall of the vagina. (ehow.co.uk)
- Surgical mesh is used to strengthen the pelvic wall in cases of pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI). (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- During the meeting, the Committee heard presentations on the safety, effectiveness and continued classification of surgical mesh as a Class II device to repair pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI) in women. (news-medical.net)
- Boston Scientific believes that mesh products are a valuable option for surgeons who treat women with pelvic floor disorders and stress urinary incontinence and that these products offer a safe and effective alternative to non-mesh treatment options. (news-medical.net)
- We believe that the current 510(k) requirements for Class II devices are appropriate for surgical mesh devices intended to treat pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence. (news-medical.net)
- Thank you for inviting us here today so that we can voice our opinions and experiences about transvaginal mesh (TVM) used in pelvic organ prolapsed (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI) repairs. (meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com)
- Since the introduction of transvaginal mesh in the 1990s, millions of women have undergone vaginal mesh surgery as an easy fix for pelvic organ prolapse (POP), stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and other conditions. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- Though surgical mesh is intended to treat stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and pelvic organ prolapse (POP), it can actually cause these conditions to occur , either as new conditions or as relapse. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- Most women choose transvaginal mesh as surgical repair for pelvic organ prolaps e (POP) or stress urinary incontinence (SUI). (injurylawyer-news.com)
- In September the Director General of health requested that only surgeons who meet the current Australian credentialing standards be allowed to perform mesh surgery for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence. (scoop.co.nz)
- According to the New York Times, Transvaginal mesh products were designed for women, who were suffering from pelvic organ prolapse, or stress urinary incontinence, and the procedure to install a transvaginal was supposed to be minimally-invasive. (bio-medicine.org)
- Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiaries make and sell surgically inserted mesh devices used to treat two common pelvic floor conditions in women - pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence. (seattlepi.com)
- McSweeney / Langevin's lawsuits follow the Food and Drug Administration's investigation into whether the transvaginal placement of surgical mesh to treat Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) and Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) can have serious consequences. (prweb.com)
- Both pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence are non-life-threatening conditions that can be treated via multiple, surgical and non-surgical methods. (wa.gov)
- Thousands of mesh injuries in women have prompted numerous lawsuits against mesh device manufacturers. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- Johnson & Johnson disclosed it will phase out surgical mesh in a recent letter sent to New Jersey and West Virginia judges overseeing patient lawsuits against them. (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- ECIA ) found itself the unfortunate target of nearly 50 lawsuits over alleged injuries caused by transvaginal mesh devices that Encision neither manufactures nor distributes. (massdevice.com)
- What's Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- Trials in these hernia mesh lawsuits are now scheduled to begin in April 2020. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- A number of women have filed lawsuits over transvaginal mesh devices made by Boston Scientific. (yourlawyer.com)
- Some of its mesh products have caused patient injuries resulting in lawsuits. (drugwatch.com)
- Even with the most sterile procedures, there is that very small risk of infection, including from the human body itself, such as from brushing teeth, where germs can enter the bloodstream and "seed out" at that surgical mesh site. (americanmedicalexperts.com)
- Two surgical procedures used to repair vaginal prolapse - one involving removal of the uterus via hysterectomy and the other employing mesh support that preserves the uterus - have comparable clinical outcomes after three years, according to new data from researchers at University of California San Diego School of Medicine. (news-medical.net)
- Some 949 consecutive patients undergoing inpatient surgical procedures in a district general hospital under the care of a single surgeon were analysed. (nih.gov)
- The synthetic mesh products commonly associated with the procedures above have been linked to serious side effects and resulted in a public health advisory being issued in an FDA alert on July 13, 2011. (bio-medicine.org)
- Tubular grafts are frequently needed in medical procedures. (google.com.au)
- Waxocare - Bone wax used to help mechanically control bleeding from bone surfaces during surgical procedures. (list.ly)
- Silver nanoparticles have unique properties which help in molecular diagnostics, in therapies, as well as in devices that are used in several medical procedures. (springer.com)
- Though silver nanoparticles are rampantly used in many medical procedures and devices as well as in various biological fields, they have their drawbacks due to nanotoxicity. (springer.com)
- Many overseas countries have suspended transvaginal surgical mesh procedures whilst their investigations are ongoing, surgeons are properly credentialed and mesh specialist centres are created for patients who are suffering. (scoop.co.nz)
- In contrast New Zealand surgeons are still offering these procedures as the first surgical option to patients. (scoop.co.nz)
- Laser vaporization and ultrasonic surgical aspiration are both accepted surgical modalities used in the treatment of vulvar and vaginal dysplasias, however no prospective study has been done to compare the two procedures. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- In urogynecologic procedures, surgical mesh is permanently implanted to reinforce the weakened vaginal wall to repair pelvic organ prolapse or to support the urethra to treat urinary incontinence. (prweb.com)
- The process of implantation of medical devices is subjected to the same complications that other invasive medical procedures can have during or after surgery. (wikipedia.org)
- During the procedure, I experienced life-threatening complications due to the extensive lengths to remove the mesh," she said. (kvue.com)
- Complications could arise soon after a surgical procedure or up to several months, or even years, after the surgery was performed. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Surgical management of bilateral, upper and lower eyelid entropion in 27 Shar Pei dogs, using the Stades forced granulation procedure of the upper eyelid only. (bioportfolio.com)
- Last year, approximately 75,000 women had a transvaginal procedure using surgical mesh . (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- Some surgeons are now recommending women consider whether they really need POP surgery and if they do, request a procedure without mesh, according to a Consumer Reports article. (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- Houston TX (PRWEB) March 26 2013 Financing options are now available for women experiencing problems with a bladder sling hernia repair or other surgical mesh procedure and need money for emergency corrective surgeries. (bio-medicine.org)
- Financing options are now available for women experiencing problems with a bladder sling, hernia repair, or other surgical mesh procedure and need money for emergency corrective surgeries. (bio-medicine.org)
- It sounds like the script of Hollywood's latest horror movie: a woman enters the hospital for a simple surgical procedure, and leaves with something inside her that will cause terrible pain, organ damage, and possibly permanent injury. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- This technique is associated with a 4% hernia recurrence rate after five years2, and 6% of patients continue to experience severe chronic pain three years after the procedure.3 Parietex ProGrip self-fixating mesh has small, absorbable, polylactic acid grips on one side to secure immediate fixation to the abdominal wall, eliminating the need to suture the mesh into place. (medgadget.com)
- Minister Genter released a media statement last week announcing the Government's intention to provide an opportunity for people who have been injured and harmed after undergoing a surgical mesh procedure to tell their stories. (scoop.co.nz)
- More than half will need to undergo an additional surgery to remove the mesh, but in many of these cases, the excision procedure will not resolve their mesh failure symptoms. (yourlawyer.com)
- Despite the quick recovery time and the simplicity of the transvaginal mesh procedure, patients who receive the Pinnacle Pelvic Floor Repair Kit often report serious complications following the insertion. (braytonlaw.com)
- Help surgeons minimize visceral tissue attachment and reduce foreign body reaction and inflammation with Atrium C-Qur™ surgical mesh products, which are coated with pharmaceutical-grade Omega 3 bio-absorbable coating. (outpatientsurgery.net)
- Using a synthetic mesh, the weak tissue is "patched" and prevents the hernia from continually pushing through the weak spot. (gpwlaw.com)
- Mesh is made of synthetic materials or animal tissue. (pbmattorneys.com)
- This allows the body's scar tissue to grow into this material, to serve as an internal girdle, a buttress, to decrease the failure of the surgical repair. (americanmedicalexperts.com)
- Surgical mesh products are used to reinforce soft tissue where weakness exists. (healthcanal.com)
- Surgical mesh may also be used for pelvic or vaginal wall reconstructions in women and is implemented to add as a growth guide for damaged tissue. (wikipedia.org)
- Surgical mesh is implanted to strengthen tissue repair and minimize the rate of recurrence. (wikipedia.org)
- On the contrary, if the mesh is too stiff, tissue will erode and inflammatory responses will cause post-surgical complications. (wikipedia.org)
- Additionally, the mesh has enough strength to withstand basic actions and tissue behavior in physiological conditions, particularly during tissue regeneration through the mesh itself. (wikipedia.org)
- The design of surgical biosynthetic mesh for breast surgery, whether reconstructive or cosmetic, and for hernia or abdominal surgery involves creating material and design that promotes faster healing with natural human tissue regeneration. (mynewsdesk.com)
- So we sought a mesh that could promote the regeneration of functional connective tissue in a more predictable way than the polypropylene already in use. (mynewsdesk.com)
- If you think about it - if we place a mesh in the body, the inflammatory reaction that follows will create scar tissue, which is normal. (mynewsdesk.com)
- Hernia mesh is a screen-like medical mesh that supports damaged and weakened tissue caused by a hernia. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- The Bard device consists of a mesh material that can be implanted in the abdomen so that tissue grows through it and closes the muscle wall defect. (law.com)
- According to the FDA, surgical mesh is a medical device that is generally used to repair weakened or damaged tissue. (prweb.com)
- Dr. Yuri Novitsky, director of the Hernia Center at the University of Connecticut Health Center, explains that the ideal synthetic mesh has to be durable and strong and not contract within human tissue. (ehow.co.uk)
- There is worry over viral infections carried in the animal tissue used and medical and legal issues concerning the implantation of animal tissue into humans. (ehow.co.uk)
- Also, the vaginal mesh may be blocking tissue from absorbing nutrients and oxygen, which impairs healing and eventually leads to infection. (braytonlaw.com)
- Boston Scientific warns that use of the device may require serious follow-up care, including apical repair for uterine enlargement, mesh removal/revision surgery, hysterectomy from tissue in-growth and scarring, and more. (braytonlaw.com)
- Women from across the country gathered in Maryland to share their stories about how mesh products changed their lives. (kvue.com)
- In 2011, Public Citizen and I petitioned the FDA to ban and label all mesh products for vaginal repair of POP [pelvic organ prolapse] because these devices offer no clinically proven benefits in comparison with non-mesh repair of POP and have high rates of serious complications," said Dr. Michael Carome, M.D., of Public Citizen. (kvue.com)
- Mesh is used frequently for hernia repair, but some name brand mesh products are being recalled because of the increasing number of patients experiencing complications such as infections and bowel obstructions that require prompt removal of the mesh. (gpwlaw.com)
- These patches, plugs and larger sheets of mesh were cleared for use under the 501(k) approval process which allows the use of medical products without clinical trials. (gpwlaw.com)
- The Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Ethicon is the most recent to recall one if its surgical mesh products known as Physiomesh that is used for abdominal, ventral, and inguinal hernia repair. (gpwlaw.com)
- Contact your institution's library to ask if they subscribe to McGraw-Hill Medical Products. (mhmedical.com)
- As of 2013, few recalls of transvaginal mesh products have actually been announced. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- In early 2012, the US FDA issued post market surveillance study orders, 522 in all, to all the manufacturers of these surgical mesh products. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- The study is sometimes viewed as one step short of an official recall because some mesh manufacturers subtly pulled their products from the market following the FDA orders. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- Investigations by the FDA and Bard show that the following products, sizes and lots of counterfeit flat sheet polypropylene surgical mesh are not manufactured by Bard. (healthcanal.com)
- In next section, the Surgical Mesh report mentions the products that are currently available in the market along with their cost structures, manufacturing volume, requirement and supply analysis, import/export scenario and their overall contribution to the Surgical Mesh market revenue globally. (medgadget.com)
- The company said it plans to discontinue four mesh products over the next three to nine months. (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- Some sought a reclassification while others said the surgical mesh problem made another case for overhauling the 510(k) system, which allows manufacturers to sell new products without a new review so long as they are "substantially equivalent" to an already legally marketed device. (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- FDA orders surgical mesh manufacturers to stop selling and distributing their products in the U.S. (news-medical.net)
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today ordered the manufacturers of all remaining surgical mesh products indicated for the transvaginal repair of pelvic organ prolapse (POP) to stop selling and distributing their products in the U.S. immediately. (news-medical.net)
- This is exactly the reason I propose that mesh used for SUI should have the same increased warnings as mesh used for POP and that ALL surgical mesh should be reclassified to Class III products. (meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com)
- In early September 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sent a scathing letter to Meridian Medical Technologies rebuking the company for failing to investigate and address component and product failures in its EpiPen products. (bluegrassinjury.com)
- Qingdao Joyjun Medical Products Co., Ltd. (alibaba.com)
- Nidek Medical Products failed to properly document complaints about the company's oxygen. (hcpro.com)
- Earlier this year, the FDA became aware that the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a state EPA Order to stop a contract sterilizer, Sterigenics, from sterilizing medical products and other products with gas called ethylene oxide at their Willowbrook, Illinois facility. (fda.gov)
- The FDA has since stepped in, deeming surgical mesh problems "not rare," and warning that mesh products may be no more effective than other, safer treatment options. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- The very selective mesh user might see the concerns as a possible justification of their caution in "picking their cases" to use synthetic mesh products. (springer.com)
- Products in the medical device industry have to meet the highest quality demands. (medicaldevice-network.com)
- The counterfeit surgical mesh products are being marketed in the United States and are labeled with the C. R. Bard/Davol brand name. (newsinferno.com)
- Healthcare professionals and facilities should carefully examine all manufacturersâ€™ polypropylene surgical mesh products for their lot numbers and anything unusual that might indicate they are counterfeit. (newsinferno.com)
- In the lawsuit, Ferguson seeks to ensure that Johnson & Johnson doesn't engage in deceptive marketing of mesh products. (seattlepi.com)
- We're a biomedical company--Nison Instrument (Shanghai) Limited, manufacturing different Heal Force ® medical products. (exportbureau.com)
- Boston Scientific transvaginal surgical mesh products are implanted during POP repair to provide support for the female's pelvic organs when they drop, fall, bulge or protrude (prolapse) into the vaginal wall due to weakened or stretched muscles that occur from childbirth, pregnancy and other causes. (yourlawyer.com)
- Public Citizen, the consumer advocacy group founded by Ralph Nader, petitioned the FDA on August 25, 2011 to recall transvaginal mesh products due to safety considerations and their association with painful and debilitating complications. (yourlawyer.com)
- In the lawsuit, Ferguson seeks to ensure that Johnson & Johnson does not engage in unfair or deceptive marketing of mesh products and is not asking the court to ban Johnson & Johnson from selling them. (wa.gov)
- Some of Ethicon's popular mesh products have caused patient injuries. (drugwatch.com)
- Ethicon manufactures a range of surgical products. (drugwatch.com)
- In July 2011, the FDA issued an updated Gynecare mesh FDA warning stating that complications with vaginal mesh are not rare, and that it is unclear if POP repair with products like Gynecare Prolift is better than traditional non-mesh repair. (braytonlaw.com)
- Surgical mesh for trans-vaginal POP repair is a quintessential example of the deficiencies of the FDA's oversight of medical devices, particularly those that are permanently implanted. (kvue.com)
- I truly hope the FDA is serious about addressing the research, development, training as well as adequate oversight for future medical devices," said Callahan. (kvue.com)
- These surgical devices have been used for years, even though many types of hernia mesh have caused serious harm to patients and have been subject to high-profile recalls. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Our attorneys have years of experience handling cases stemming from defective medical devices, and we know how to get results for our clients. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Injuries caused by defective medical devices can lead to large medical bills, ongoing treatment and the worsening of a hernia. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Many patient and consumer advocates, as well as legal and medical experts, have pushed for a recall and ban on all synthetic mesh devices. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- Prompt reporting of adverse events can help the FDA identify and better understand the risks associated with medical devices. (healthcanal.com)
- Medical devices, such as brain-computer interfaces and insulin pumps, have dramatically changed the landscape of the medical field. (rawtalkpodcast.com)
- Tune in to this week's episode as we sit down with Dr. David Urbach, Surgeon-in-Chief at the Women's College Hospital, to discuss the invention, regulation of, and controversy surrounding medical devices. (rawtalkpodcast.com)
- The company agreed to pay Texas and 40 others states to settle allegations that it deceptively marketed transvaginal surgical mesh devices. (wfaa.com)
- Johnson & Johnson agreed to pay Texas and 40 other states nearly $117 million to resolve allegations that it deceptively marketed transvaginal surgical mesh devices. (wfaa.com)
- Texans and their doctors deserve to make informed decisions based on good information without worrying that the providers of the drugs and medical devices they rely on have provided false or misleading information. (wfaa.com)
- Huizhou Foryou Medical Devices Co., Ltd. (made-in-china.com)
- Manufacturers of 25 types of medical devices marketed prior to 1976 must submit safety and. (hcpro.com)
- We're working to ensure that safe and effective sterilization of medical devices continues and hospitals, health care providers and patients have access to critical devices. (fda.gov)
- Certain medical devices need to be sterilized to reduce the risk of those devices causing infections in patients from living microorganisms. (fda.gov)
- Sterilization of medical devices is a well-established and scientifically-proven method of preventing harmful microorganisms from reproducing and transmitting infections. (fda.gov)
- It's considered a safe and effective method that helps ensure the safety of medical devices and helps deliver quality patient care. (fda.gov)
- All medical devices marketed in Australia must meet the requirements which are set out in Chapter 4 of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 , and in the Therapeutic Goods (Medical Devices) Regulations 2002. (tga.gov.au)
- Medical devices for plastic and reconstructive surgery, name. (trademarkia.com)
- This entry was posted in Defective Medical Devices . (newsinferno.com)
- Johnson & Johnson misrepresented, and in some cases didn't disclose, serious risks associated with its surgical mesh devices, the Washington State Attorney General's Office said Friday in motions filed in court. (seattlepi.com)
- Johnson & Johnson still hasn't amended some of its instruction packets to warn about other risks associated with its devices, such as the risk of the mesh contracting. (seattlepi.com)
- Johnson & Johnson is one of the largest manufacturers and sellers of surgical mesh devices in the United States. (seattlepi.com)
- One Washington state woman has suffered chronic urinary tract infections, constant lower back pain, and cramps in the back of her entire leg from mesh devices for the past eight years. (seattlepi.com)
- Johnson & Johnson sold more than 12,000 surgical mesh devices in Washington state between 2002 and September 2015. (seattlepi.com)
- The company stopped distribution of one of its mesh devices in Australia due to its poor safety and lack of effectiveness, and to protect Australian consumers. (seattlepi.com)
- The company and its subsidiaries omitted life-altering risks associated with its mesh devices from the devices' "Instructions for Use" from 1999 to late 2015, including many of the devastating health impacts experienced by the two Washington women. (seattlepi.com)
- RAPS' "how to" guide to developing a comprehensive global regulatory strategy for all types of medical devices. (raps.org)
- The firm handles personal injury cases related to dangerous/defective pharmaceutical drugs, dangerous/defective medical devices, and serious/catastrophic injury claims. (prweb.com)
- Unfortunately, many vaginal mesh and sling devices manufactured by Boston Scientific have been associated with a high rate of complications. (yourlawyer.com)
- The FDA is considering a proposal to reclassify transvaginal mesh devices used in the repair of POP to Class 3 from their current Class 2 designation, thereby making surgical mesh for POP repair ineligible for the FDA's less-stringent 510(k) approval protocols, and require that such devices be subjected to human clinical trials in order to gain FDA approval for this use. (yourlawyer.com)
- SEATTLE - Attorney General Bob Ferguson today asked a court to rule that Johnson & Johnson misrepresented, and in some cases failed to disclose entirely, serious risks associated with its surgical mesh devices. (wa.gov)
- Johnson & Johnson is one of the largest manufacturers and sellers of surgical mesh devices in the U.S. The devices sold by Johnson & Johnson are permanently implanted into a woman's body. (wa.gov)
- OLYMPIA - Attorney General Bob Ferguson's today announced that Johnson & Johnson will pay $9.9 million to avoid going to trial for misrepresentations and failure to include serious risks in the instructions and marketing materials for surgical mesh devices. (wa.gov)
- Ferguson is the first state attorney general to file a lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson regarding surgical mesh devices. (wa.gov)
- In May 2016, Ferguson filed a lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson asserting that the multi-billion dollar corporation violated Washington's Consumer Protection Act by failing to include several serious, life-altering risks associated with its surgical mesh devices in materials for patients and doctors. (wa.gov)
- In addition to paying $9.9 million, the resolution prohibits Johnson & Johnson from making unfair or deceptive statements regarding surgical mesh, including statements about risks associated with the devices. (wa.gov)
- Johnson & Johnson knew that some of the most serious risks it failed to include - chronic pain, pain with sexual intercourse and more - were associated with the use of its mesh devices. (wa.gov)
- Johnson & Johnson is one of the largest manufacturers and sellers of surgical mesh devices in the U.S. It continues to sell four of the devices in Washington state. (wa.gov)
- It manufactures medical devices and surgical instruments. (drugwatch.com)
- Cardiovascular medical devices are implanted in cases where the heart, its valves, and the rest of the circulatory system is in disorder. (wikipedia.org)
- The use of hernia surgical mesh has led to complications in many patients. (pbmattorneys.com)
- The Food and Drug Administration lists complications reported from defective hernia surgical mesh that include pain, infection, recurrence, adhesion, obstruction and perforation. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Have You Experienced Complications from Hernia Surgical Mesh? (pbmattorneys.com)
- From there, the mesh may break off and cause damage to other parts of the patient's abdominal or groin area. (pbmattorneys.com)
- To perform the Lichtenstein method, surgeons suture a mesh patch over the hernial opening to reduce weakness in the abdominal wall. (medgadget.com)
- It is, essentially, a surgical patch applied to damaged abdominal muscles. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- The revision may involve replacement or removal of the mesh or further abdominal repairs. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- Treatment for an abdominal aneurysm may include surgical repair or removal of the aneurysm, or inserting a metal mesh coil (stent) to support the blood vessel and prevent rupture. (rochester.edu)
- The symptoms of an abdominal aortic aneurysm may look like other medical conditions or problems. (rochester.edu)
- Even when the mesh used in a patient is supposedly safe, it can lead to pain, infection, hernia recurrence, adhesion, and bowel obstruction. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Mesh complications following surgery for hernia repair include pain, infection, recurrence of the hernia and obstruction of the bowels, explains the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (reference.com)
- Although the use of surgical mesh in hernia surgery decreases the risk of recurrence, it also slightly increases the risk of infection, according to WebMD. (reference.com)
- Lightweight mesh, however, isn't as strong as heavyweight mesh and hernia recurrence rates may be higher with its use. (ehow.co.uk)
- Vaginal meshes were hailed as an improved solution to traditional non-mesh surgery because they reduce the risk of recurrence. (braytonlaw.com)
- Background: Large acceptance of mesh reinforcement techniques in groin hernia repair lowered recurrence rates for all techniques. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- It is too early to start the popcorn, but while court watchers and patients who suffer from surgical mesh complications wait for April, one thing is becoming clear - these trials are going to be battles of dueling experts. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- People who suffer from surgical mesh complications often have to either live with the pain or undergo revision surgery. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- What Do You Do If You Suffer From Surgical Mesh Complications? (reference.com)
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today warned health care providers and consumers about counterfeit surgical mesh being distributed in the United States under the C. R. Bard/Davol brand name. (healthcanal.com)
- At this time, the FDA does not know if the counterfeit surgical mesh meets the authentic product's specifications, including its strength, sterility, or clinical performance. (healthcanal.com)
- If you suspect a problem with this or any counterfeit surgical mesh, the FDA encourages you to file a voluntary report through MedWatch, the FDA's Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program. (healthcanal.com)
- Tubal ligation with intestinal perforation-Medical Malpractice? (americanmedicalexperts.com)
- As the mesh erodes, it can lead to other, very serious complications - painful intercourse, chronic infection , and perforation of other organs , including the bowels, bladder and rectum. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- When the Gynecare mesh is surgically inserted, the patient may suffer from trauma caused by bladder, bowel and blood vessel perforation. (braytonlaw.com)
- A randomized comparison of the usual surgical removal of nasal polyps versus systemic steroid treatment was performed in 53 patients. (nih.gov)
- Many of the problematic meshes involved in litigation contain a "coating" which the mesh manufacturers knew, or had reason to know, would expose patients to even greater risk of injury. (pbmattorneys.com)
- These types of mesh are even more dangerous for patients. (pbmattorneys.com)
- In many cases, mesh was used in patients even after recalls were issued. (pbmattorneys.com)
- Patients might be forced to connect the dots on their own, matching their medical history with their complications. (pbmattorneys.com)
- A thorough medical evaluation is essential in older patients. (mhmedical.com)
- Serum testosterone levels in three-quarter patients after surgical castration drop to less than 20 ng/dl (0.69 nmol/l). (nih.gov)
- This review assesses serum testosterone levels after surgical castration and different pharmacologic castration in patients with prostate cancer under ADT, and ineffective testosterone suppression. (nih.gov)
- Patients should contact their surgeon if they experience problems that they think may be related to surgical mesh. (healthcanal.com)
- surgical outcome of mini-incisional correction method to treat involutional entropion.This is a retrospective interventional case series of 46 eyelids in 31 patients with involutional entropion and significant ocular irritation. (bioportfolio.com)
- Outcome analysis of the results of medical and surgical treatments using an ongoing database of patients will enhance our ability to treat patients with GERD. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- This study's goal is to build a database to collect the outcome information on patients who are having medical or surgical treatment of GERD. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- In addition we want to see if low QOL scores on medical treatment as well as the standard medical criteria can help to identify which patients may benefit from surgical (an operation) rather than the medical treatment. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- It is hoped that we can also identify which factors might predict or help to determine which patients will have failure of both medical and surgical treatments of GERD. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Study Design: At 15 VA medical centers, there will be a 30-month recruitment period to enroll 393 patients with heartburn that is refractory to PPI therapy. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- An ongoing study by the Medical College of Georgia on the role of magnetic stimulation of the rectal nerves to achieve better bowel control in patients with fecal incontinence is showing early promise. (news-medical.net)
- From January 2007 to January 2011, 14 patients with sternal tumors were admitted into Peking Union Medical Hospital. (bvsalud.org)
- En bloc resection of the sternal tumor was performed in all the 14 patients. (bvsalud.org)
- Eleven patients were followed up for a period from 2 months to 4 years, during which no translocation or broken of the titanium mesh was observed. (bvsalud.org)
- The Surgical Risk Score (SRS) has been shown to offer an equivalent accuracy, but was validated using a cohort that contained a high proportion of low-risk patients. (nih.gov)
- The SRS accurately predicted mortality in higher-risk surgical patients. (nih.gov)
- Because these visits are not planned, patients are not able to screen their treating physicians and other medical providers beforehand. (bluegrassinjury.com)
- It is estimated that more than 4,000 patients are victims of surgical errors every year in the United States. (bluegrassinjury.com)
- Surgeons, other physicians (e.g. anesthesiologists) and medical providers owe a duty of care to patients. (bluegrassinjury.com)
- Of the 193 patients who received Parietex ProGrip self-fixating mesh, 69% had it placed without a suture. (medgadget.com)
- Miracor Medical has raised €24m in Series E financing round to fund the PiCSO clinical trial, which will recruit and randomise approximately 750 patients in three studies across Europe and the US. (medicaldevice-network.com)
- Patients should notify their health care providers if they suffer from ongoing surgical mesh complications after their post-surgery follow-up appointment, reports the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (reference.com)
- Patients should also report any problems with surgical mesh to the FDA, providing as many details as they can. (reference.com)
- Before agreeing to surgery using mesh, patients should ask the surgeon about its benefits, possible complications and any non-mesh options, advises the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (reference.com)
- During a deposition, Johnson & Johnson Global Head of Medical Affairs Piet Hinoul admitted that the company knew about the serious risks "from day 1", but did not inform patients of the risks. (wa.gov)
- Kugel mesh hernia patches were manufactured by Davol Inc. Patients who received Kugel mesh experienced reactions to the materials and breakdown of the product. (ehow.co.uk)
- Patients also report the surgical insertion of the Gynecare Prolift has led to serious infection. (braytonlaw.com)
- As a result, these patients often have the Gynecare mesh surgically removed. (braytonlaw.com)
- Reports of injuries and complications were not linked to a single brand of mesh model. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- Between 2005 and 2010, more than 3,800 women had reported complications and injuries following transvaginal mesh surgery , according to the FDA. (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- NZ Government so concerned about surgical mesh injuries they want to hear from mesh injured New Zealanders so they can work out what has really been happening behind the scenes. (scoop.co.nz)
- The FDA also reports that the use of surgical mesh can result in adhesions of organs, injuries to nearby organs and damage to blood vessels and nerves. (ehow.co.uk)
- Suzhou Xinrong Best Medical Instrument Co., Ltd. (reelisor.com)
- As one of the first batch pioneer enterprises passing the inspection of medical apparatus and instrument GMP,Xinrong Best has been equipped with a well-established quality control system and advanced producing and testing equipment. (reelisor.com)
- Application: Cleaning,sterilization and disinfection of medical instrument. (hengyouwiremesh.org)
- Meanwhile, the smaller apertures than surgical instrument tray ensure small , delicate or sharp instruments aren't lost, misplaced or. (chinaqualitycrafts.com)
- Suzhou Gemmed Medical Instrument Co., Ltd. (alibaba.com)
- But, in recent years, a surgical mesh has been used to treat prolapse. (kvue.com)
- UPDATE on Serious Complications Associated with Transvaginal Placement of Surgical Mesh for Pelvic Organ Prolapse, July 13, 2011. (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- I commend Public Citizen, a consumer advocacy group, for its recent petition to the FDA and HHS requesting a ban on transvaginal mesh for pelvic organ prolapse (POP), backing up their stance with a well-researched and written paper(1). (meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com)
- Albany, US, 2019-Mar-04 - /EPR Network/ -Surged prevalence of urogynecological ailments encompassing organ prolapse and urinary incontinence in women have augmented adoption of surgical mesh. (express-press-release.net)
- Using surgical mesh to correct pelvic organ prolapse also carries possible serious risk, adds Mayo Clinic. (reference.com)
- Surgical mesh is created from both inorganic and biological materials and is used in a variety of surgeries. (wikipedia.org)
- Even with multiple revision surgeries, there is no guarantee that internal damage from vaginal mesh can be repaired. (injurylawyer-news.com)
- Women who experience transvaginal mesh failure may need to have numerous corrective surgeries. (bio-medicine.org)
- She's had three surgeries to partially remove the mesh and treat her incontinence. (seattlepi.com)
- In 2008, the FDA warned about possible complications with vaginal mesh surgeries, but noted that these complications were rare. (braytonlaw.com)
- Several types of surgical mesh have been subject to recall in recent years. (pbmattorneys.com)
- While the FDA has still not yet issued an official product recall, any women who have experienced problems with transvaginal mesh are encouraged to contact the FDA and an experienced defective medical product attorney. (vanguardattorneys.com)
- Many wanted to see a surgical mesh recall , others wanted the FDA to implement more oversight. (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- The FDA did not require a surgical mesh recall . (massachusettsinjurylawyerblog.com)
- Disetronic Medical Systems issued a recall for its ACCU-CHEK Spirit insulin pumps with serial. (hcpro.com)
- The research report labeled Global Surgical Mesh Market 2017 presents the penetrating study of Surgical Mesh market globally, concentrating on complete analysis of the present and past historical details of Surgical Mesh market. (medgadget.com)
- Featuring 20+ sessions hosted by medical and technology industry leaders, networking events, the 2017 Quad Impact Challenge innovation battle and $10,000 cash reward presentation, and dozens of sponsor displays. (medgadget.com)
- I am speaking as a nurse practitioner and as a patient who was seriously injured by synthetic surgical mesh. (meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com)
- The 510(k) process has failed American people when it comes to synthetic surgical mesh, especially with the dramatic spread of new ways to use it, one-size fits all "mesh kits" and newer instruments used to place it. (meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com)
- The problems and pain from synthetic surgical mesh placed beneath the urethra are no less than those encountered when mesh is placed elsewhere in the pelvis. (meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com)