Mastication: The act and process of chewing and grinding food in the mouth.Masticatory Muscles: Muscles arising in the zygomatic arch that close the jaw. Their nerve supply is masseteric from the mandibular division of the trigeminal nerve. (From Stedman, 25th ed)Bite Force: The force applied by the masticatory muscles in dental occlusion.Stomatognathic System: The mouth, teeth, jaws, pharynx, and related structures as they relate to mastication, deglutition, and speech.Masseter Muscle: A masticatory muscle whose action is closing the jaws.Temporal Muscle: A masticatory muscle whose action is closing the jaws; its posterior portion retracts the mandible.Jaw: Bony structure of the mouth that holds the teeth. It consists of the MANDIBLE and the MAXILLA.Mandible: The largest and strongest bone of the FACE constituting the lower jaw. It supports the lower teeth.Deglutition: The act of taking solids and liquids into the GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT through the mouth and throat.Trigeminal Nuclei: Nuclei of the trigeminal nerve situated in the brain stem. They include the nucleus of the spinal trigeminal tract (TRIGEMINAL NUCLEUS, SPINAL), the principal sensory nucleus, the mesencephalic nucleus, and the motor nucleus.Jaw Relation Record: A registration of any positional relationship of the mandible in reference to the maxillae. These records may be any of the many vertical, horizontal, or orientation relations. (Jablonski, Illustrated Dictionary of Dentistry)Nasal Cartilages: Hyaline cartilages in the nose. There are five major nasal cartilages including two lateral, two alar, and one septal.Swine, Miniature: Genetically developed small pigs for use in biomedical research. There are several strains - Yucatan miniature, Sinclair miniature, and Minnesota miniature.Jaw Fixation Techniques: The stable placement of surgically induced fractures of the mandible or maxilla through the use of elastics, wire ligatures, arch bars, or other splints. It is used often in the cosmetic surgery of retrognathism and prognathism. (From Dorland, 28th ed, p636)Zygoma: Either of a pair of bones that form the prominent part of the CHEEK and contribute to the ORBIT on each side of the SKULL.Hardness: The mechanical property of material that determines its resistance to force. HARDNESS TESTS measure this property.Facial Muscles: Muscles of facial expression or mimetic muscles that include the numerous muscles supplied by the facial nerve that are attached to and move the skin of the face. (From Stedman, 25th ed)Mechanical Phenomena: The properties and processes of materials that affect their behavior under force.Temporomandibular Joint: An articulation between the condyle of the mandible and the articular tubercle of the temporal bone.Skull: The SKELETON of the HEAD including the FACIAL BONES and the bones enclosing the BRAIN.Sucking Behavior: Any suction exerted by the mouth; response of the mammalian infant to draw milk from the breast. Includes sucking on inanimate objects. Not to be used for thumb sucking, which is indexed under fingersucking.Cranial Sutures: A type of fibrous joint between bones of the head.Tongue: A muscular organ in the mouth that is covered with pink tissue called mucosa, tiny bumps called papillae, and thousands of taste buds. The tongue is anchored to the mouth and is vital for chewing, swallowing, and for speech.Mandibular Condyle: The posterior process on the ramus of the mandible composed of two parts: a superior part, the articular portion, and an inferior part, the condylar neck.Food: Any substances taken in by the body that provide nourishment.Denture, Complete, Lower: A complete denture replacing all the natural mandibular teeth and associated structures. It is completely supported by the oral tissue and underlying mandibular bone.Feeding Behavior: Behavioral responses or sequences associated with eating including modes of feeding, rhythmic patterns of eating, and time intervals.Temporomandibular Joint Disorders: A variety of conditions affecting the anatomic and functional characteristics of the temporomandibular joint. Factors contributing to the complexity of temporomandibular diseases are its relation to dentition and mastication and the symptomatic effects in other areas which account for referred pain to the joint and the difficulties in applying traditional diagnostic procedures to temporomandibular joint pathology where tissue is rarely obtained and x-rays are often inadequate or nonspecific. Common diseases are developmental abnormalities, trauma, subluxation, luxation, arthritis, and neoplasia. (From Thoma's Oral Pathology, 6th ed, pp577-600)Habits: Acquired or learned responses which are regularly manifested.Dental Abutments: Natural teeth or teeth roots used as anchorage for a fixed or removable denture or other prosthesis (such as an implant) serving the same purpose.Electromyography: Recording of the changes in electric potential of muscle by means of surface or needle electrodes.Poaceae: A large family of narrow-leaved herbaceous grasses of the order Cyperales, subclass Commelinidae, class Liliopsida (monocotyledons). Food grains (EDIBLE GRAIN) come from members of this family. RHINITIS, ALLERGIC, SEASONAL can be induced by POLLEN of many of the grasses.Nasal Septum: The partition separating the two NASAL CAVITIES in the midplane. It is formed by the SEPTAL NASAL CARTILAGE, parts of skull bones (ETHMOID BONE; VOMER), and membranous parts.Dental Occlusion: The relationship of all the components of the masticatory system in normal function. It has special reference to the position and contact of the maxillary and mandibular teeth for the highest efficiency during the excursive movements of the jaw that are essential for mastication. (From Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p556, p472)Stress, Mechanical: A purely physical condition which exists within any material because of strain or deformation by external forces or by non-uniform thermal expansion; expressed quantitatively in units of force per unit area.Deglutition Disorders: Difficulty in SWALLOWING which may result from neuromuscular disorder or mechanical obstruction. Dysphagia is classified into two distinct types: oropharyngeal dysphagia due to malfunction of the PHARYNX and UPPER ESOPHAGEAL SPHINCTER; and esophageal dysphagia due to malfunction of the ESOPHAGUS.Video Recording: The storing or preserving of video signals for television to be played back later via a transmitter or receiver. Recordings may be made on magnetic tape or discs (VIDEODISC RECORDING).Biomechanical Phenomena: The properties, processes, and behavior of biological systems under the action of mechanical forces.Tooth: One of a set of bone-like structures in the mouth used for biting and chewing.Animal Feed: Foodstuff used especially for domestic and laboratory animals, or livestock.Digestion: The process of breakdown of food for metabolism and use by the body.Infant Behavior: Any observable response or action of a neonate or infant up through the age of 23 months.Dictionaries, MedicalDictionaries as Topic: Lists of words, usually in alphabetical order, giving information about form, pronunciation, etymology, grammar, and meaning.Bites and StingsDaucus carota: A plant species of the family APIACEAE that is widely cultivated for the edible yellow-orange root. The plant has finely divided leaves and flat clusters of small white flowers.Centric Relation: The location of the maxillary and the mandibular condyles when they are in their most posterior and superior positions in their fossae of the temporomandibular joint.Vibration: A continuing periodic change in displacement with respect to a fixed reference. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Facial Pain: Pain in the facial region including orofacial pain and craniofacial pain. Associated conditions include local inflammatory and neoplastic disorders and neuralgic syndromes involving the trigeminal, facial, and glossopharyngeal nerves. Conditions which feature recurrent or persistent facial pain as the primary manifestation of disease are referred to as FACIAL PAIN SYNDROMES.Temporomandibular Joint Disc: A plate of fibrous tissue that divides the temporomandibular joint into an upper and lower cavity. The disc is attached to the articular capsule and moves forward with the condyle in free opening and protrusion. (Boucher's Clinical Dental Terminology, 4th ed, p92)Betula: A plant genus of the family BETULACEAE. The tree has smooth, resinous, varicolored or white bark, marked by horizontal pores (lenticels), which usually peels horizontally in thin sheets.Vinyl Chloride: A gas that has been used as an aerosol propellant and is the starting material for polyvinyl resins. Toxicity studies have shown various adverse effects, particularly the occurrence of liver neoplasms.
Midpalatal suture of osteopetrotic (op/op) mice exhibits immature fusion. (1/522)The midpalatal suture was observed histologically in both toothless osteopetrotic (op/op) and normal (control) mice. The normal mice had a mature sutural structure, which consists of a well-developed cartilage cell zone and palatal bone. In contrast, the thickness of the cartilage cell zone was substantially greater in the op/op mice than that in the controls. Moreover, the cartilage cells in the op/op mice were frequently found in the palatal bone as well as in the sutural space, exhibiting an imperfect fusion. It seems that immature fusion at the sutural interface in the op/op mice is related to a decrease in biting or masticatory force accompanied by the failure of tooth eruption in addition to an essential defect in osteoclast differentiation, which is a congenital symptom in op/op mice. (+info)
Motivation for and satisfaction with orthodontic-surgical treatment: a retrospective study of 28 patients. (2/522)Motivation for starting treatment and satisfaction with treatment results were evaluated on the basis of replies to a 14-item questionnaire and clinical examination of 28 orthognathic patients from 6 months to 2 years after treatment. The most common reasons for seeking professional help were problems in biting and chewing (68 per cent). Another major reason was dissatisfaction with facial appearance (36 per cent). Many patients also complained of temporomandibular joint symptoms (32 per cent) and headache (32 per cent). Women (8/19) were more often dissatisfied with their facial appearance than men (2/9), but the difference was not statistically significant. In agreement with earlier studies, the results of orthognathic treatment fulfilled the expectations of almost every patient. Nearly 100 per cent of the patients (27/28) were satisfied with treatment results, although 40 per cent experienced some degree of numbness in the lips and/or jaw 1 year post-operatively. The most satisfied patients were those who stated temporomandibular disorders as the main reason for seeking treatment and whose PAR-index had improved greatly. The majority of the patients experienced the orthodontic treatment as painful and as the most unpleasant part of the whole treatment, but all the patients were satisfied with the pre-treatment information they were given on orthodontics. Orthodontic-surgical therapy should be of a high professional standard technically, but the psychological aspects are equally important in the treatment protocol. The professionals should make efforts to understand the patient's motivations for and expectations of treatment. Patients should be well prepared for surgery and supported for a long time after to help them to adjust to post-surgical changes. (+info)
Mastication steal: an unusual precipitant of cerebrovascular insufficiency. (3/522)An 83-year-old man had episodic dizziness, visual disturbance, and facial and extremity weakness associated with eating. Occlusion of the ipsilateral common carotid artery and stenosis or occlusion of the major collateral sources were demonstrated. We believe this anatomic configuration, combined with increases in demand for external carotid artery blood flow necessitated by the act of chewing, resulted in a vascular steal syndrome. An extended carotid endarterectomy was performed, and there were no additional episodes. (+info)
Motor pattern specification by dual descending pathways to a lobster rhythm-generating network. (4/522)In the European lobster Homarus gammarus, rhythmic masticatory movements of the three foregut gastric mill teeth are generated by antagonistic sets of striated muscles that are driven by a neural network in the stomatogastric ganglion. In vitro, this circuit can spontaneously generate a single (type I) motor program, unlike in vivo in which gastric mill patterns with different phase relationships are found. By using paired intrasomatic recordings, all elements of the gastric mill network, which consists mainly of motoneurons, have been identified and their synaptic relationships established. The gastric mill circuit of Homarus is similar to that of other decapod crustaceans, although some differences in neuron number and synaptic connectivity were found. Moreover, specific members of the lobster network receive input from two identified interneurons, one excitatory and one inhibitory, that project from each rostral commissural ganglion. Integration of input from these projection elements is mediated by synaptic interactions within the gastric mill network itself. In arrhythmic preparations, direct phasic stimulation of the previously identified commissural gastric (CG) interneuron evokes gastric mill output similar to the type I pattern spontaneously expressed in vitro and in vivo. The newly identified gastric inhibitor interneuron makes inhibitory synapses onto a different subset of gastric mill neurons and, when activated with the CG neuron, drives gastric mill output similar to the type II pattern that is only observed in the intact animal. Thus, two distinct phenotypes of gastric mill network activity can be specified by the concerted actions of parallel input pathways and synaptic connectivity within a target central pattern generator. (+info)
Variation in ruminants' preference for tall fescue hays cut either at sundown or at sunup. (5/522)Plants vary diurnally in concentrations of nonstructural carbohydrates. If ruminants prefer forages with higher total nonstructural carbohydrates (TNC), then the preference for hays harvested within the same 24-h period may vary. An established field of tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea Schreb.) was harvested six times in the vegetative stage. Harvests were paired such that each cutting at sundown (PM) was followed by a cutting the next morning at sunup (AM). We harvested in this manner three times, resulting in six hays. The hays were field-dried, baled, and passed through a hydraulic bale processor prior to feeding. Experiments were conducted with sheep, goats, and cattle, using six animals in each case. During an adaptation phase, hays were offered alone as meals. In the experimental phase, every possible pair of hays (15 pairs) was presented for a meal. Data were analyzed by multidimensional scaling and by traditional analyses. Multidimensional scaling indicated that selection was based on a single criterion. Preference for PM hays was greater than for AM hays (P < .01) in all experiments. Increased preference was associated with increased TNC (P < .01) and in vitro true DM disappearance (P < .01) and decreased fiber concentration (P < .01; NDF, ADF, cellulose, and ADL). Mowing hay late in the day was effective in increasing forage preference. (+info)
Feeding problems in merosin deficient congenital muscular dystrophy. (6/522)Feeding difficulties were assessed in 14 children (age range 2-14 years) with merosin deficient congenital muscular dystrophy, a disease characterised by severe muscle weakness and inability to achieve independent ambulation. Twelve of the 14 children were below the 3rd centile for weight. On questioning, all parents thought their child had difficulty chewing, 12 families modified the diet, and 13 children took at least 30 minutes to complete a meal. On examination the mouth architecture was abnormal in 13 children. On videofluoroscopy only the youngest child (2 years old), had a normal study. The others all had an abnormal oral phase (breakdown and manipulation of food and transfer to oropharynx). Nine had an abnormal pharyngeal phase, with a delayed swallow reflex. Three of these also showed pooling of food in the larynx and three showed frank aspiration. These six cases all had a history of recurrent chest infections. Six of eight children who had pH monitoring also had gastro-oesophageal reflux. As a result of the study five children had a gastrostomy, which stopped the chest infections and improved weight gain. This study shows that children with merosin deficient congenital muscular dystrophy have difficulties at all stages of feeding that progress with age. Appropriate intervention can improve weight gain and reduce chest infections. The severity of the problem has not been previously appreciated in this disease, and the study shows the importance of considering the nutritional status in any child with a primary muscle disorder. (+info)
Cheek and tongue pressures in the molar areas and the atmospheric pressure in the palatal vault in young adults. (7/522)The pressures acting on the maxillary and mandibular posterior teeth from the tongue and cheeks were measured in 24 adults aged 22-29 years. In addition, the pressure in the palatal vault was recorded. The pressure at two maxillary (buccal and lingual) and two mandibular (buccal and lingual) measuring points, and in the palatal vault was recorded simultaneously. Repeated recordings of the pressures at rest, and during chewing and swallowing were made. The pressures at rest were of similar magnitude (about 2 g/cm2) at the buccal and lingual sides of the mandibular posterior teeth. The median resting pressure at the maxillary posterior teeth was 2.7 g/cm2 on the buccal side and 1.0 g/cm2 on the lingual side. The difference in the maxilla was significant, but not in the mandible. It was concluded that the equilibrium of tooth position is maintained by the pressure from the cheeks and the tongue. During chewing and swallowing the pressures on the lingual side of the teeth were greater than those on the buccal side. At rest about half of the subjects had a negative pressure at the palatal vault, but no correlations between the resting pressure at the palatal vault and the resting pressures on the teeth were found. (+info)
Features of cortically evoked swallowing in the awake primate (Macaca fascicularis). (8/522)Although the cerebral cortex has been implicated in the control of swallowing, the output organization of the cortical swallowing representation, and features of cortically evoked swallowing, remain unclear. The present study defined the output features of the primate "cortical swallowing representation" with intracortical microstimulation (ICMS) applied within the lateral sensorimotor cortex. In four hemispheres of two awake monkeys, microelectrode penetrations were made at 5 mm deep to the cortical surface corresponding to both the white matter underlying the CMA and the frontal operculum; EMG patterns of swallows elicited from these four cortical regions showed some statistically significant differences. Whereas swallowing ONLY was evoked at some sites, particularly within the deep cortical area, swallowing was more frequently evoked together with other orofacial responses including rhythmic jaw movements. Increasing ICMS intensity increased the magnitude, and decreased the latency, of the swallow-related EMG burst in the genioglossus muscle at some sites. These findings suggest that a number of distinct cortical foci may participate in the initiation and modulation of the swallowing synergy as well as in integrating the swallow within the masticatory sequence. (+info)
Insufficiency of mastication | Article about insufficiency of mastication by The Free Dictionary
Looking for insufficiency of mastication? Find out information about insufficiency of mastication. the mechanical processing of food in the oral cavity; consists of grinding and mixing the food with saliva. The process entails the biting off of food and... Explanation of insufficiency of mastication
[email protected] - North American Forest Ecology Workshop: The Influence of Mastication on Soils and Fuels in Moist and Dry...
We evaluated the applicability of mastication as a fuel treatment alternative within Northern Rocky Mountain moist and dry forests to treat post-harvest activity slash (moist forest) and standing trees (dry forest). On the moist forest site, we compared four different slash treatments, mastication, machine grapple piling, lop and scatter, and a control within a wildland urban interface setting to determine the effects of these treatments on soil nutrition, forest floor depth, and woody debris distributions. We randomly assigned the slash treatments and controls to 12 one-acre plots. Nitrogen, soil carbon, and magnesium concentrations within the soil components were not significantly different among the slash treatments. Lopped and scattered sites had significantly here duff depths than duff depths within the other slash treatments and control. Two years after treatment the structure and character of the masticated fuels was such that these areas resembled the grapple piled sites. We established the dry
Maternal Active Mastication during Prenatal Stress Ameliorates Prenatal Stress-Induced Lower Bone Mass in Adult Mouse Offspring...
Abstract. Chronic psychological stress is a risk factor for osteoporosis. Maternal active mastication during prenatal stress attenuates stress response. The aim of this study is to test the hypothesis that maternal active mastication influences the effect of prenatal stress on bone mass and bone microstructure in adult offspring. Pregnant ddY mice were randomly divided into control, stress, and stress/chewing groups. Mice in the stress and stress/chewing groups were placed in a ventilated restraint tube for 45 minutes, 3 times a day, and was initiated on day 12 of gestation and continued until delivery. Mice in the stress/chewing group were allowed to chew a wooden stick during the restraint stress period. The bone response of 5-month-old male offspring was evaluated using quantitative micro-CT, bone histomorphometry, and biochemical markers. Prenatal stress resulted in significant decrease of trabecular bone mass in both vertebra and distal femur of the offspring. Maternal active mastication ...
Mastication | Definition of Mastication at Dictionary.com
EXCRUCIATE / MORFEUS / MASTICATION / EXHUMED / BIRCH MOUNTAIN - www.voicesfromthedarkside.de
EXCRUCIATE / MORFEUS / MASTICATION / EXHUMED / BIRCH MOUNTAIN: For those involved in the Death Metal underground of the early nineties names such as EXHUMED, MORPHEUS, MASTICATION or EXCRUCIATE will ring a bell in your head. Whereas EXCRUCIATE and MORPHEUS released official recordings on vinyl and CD, EXHUMED and MASTICATION just released demotapes. Among ...
Tel/Fax: 0256/220 480, e-mail: [email protected] ABSTRACT. Introduction. Planass fundamental laws are based on the neuro-occlusal concept, which plays a major role in the development and evolution of the stomatognatic system. The alterations of the masticatory functions contribute to the modeling of the structures that form the stomatognatic system.. Methodology The purpose of the study was to assess the masticatory stereotype of a group of young people and to analyse the functional masticatory angles.. We have assessed the amplitude of the functional masticatory angles on a group of 20 students. The masticatory angles depend on the occlusal morphology (cusp size), age and masticatory movements.. Results Great alterations are present with patients with dento-maxillary anomalies, edentations, dental injuries and unilateral mastication.. Conclusion The data obtained allow us to improve the masticatory functions as part of a complex oral rehabilitation. The functional masticatory angles are ...
USE OF COMBINED ELECTROMYOGRAPHY AND KINESTHESIOLOGY DURING MASTICATION TO CHART THE ORAL BREAKDOWN OF FOODSTUFFS: RELEVANCE TO...
This paper describes a method for obtaining detailed information about the velocities, directions and relative forces involved in mastication, and how these change throughout the chewing sequence, from combined electromyograph and kinematic records in human subjects. Differences in the temporal breakdown patterns of apple, carrot and biscuit are highlighted. Mastication of apple and carrot relied on vertical compression for each chew, with decreasing effort applied over the course of the chewing sequence. Differences between these products were related principally to the chewing effort exerted. For biscuit, compression was the predominant mechanism of breakdown in early chews but this was transferred to a shear action over the course of the sequence. ...
Facial EMG analysis for mastication experiments | ANT Neuro
In this application case the eegosports system was used for the measurement of facial EMG, more specifically with a focus on mastication experiments. The test setup consisted of an eegosports complete system with 64 referential channels. Of these, 4 referential channels were configured in a bipolar setup. One bipolar channel was located on the participants right thumb
Pole Position (Podhalanka) | Mastication Monologues
Welcome to another edition of Mastication Monologues! I just keep on chugging along on here churning out one great review after another. In fact, I just recently passed my 200th post on my blog, so if this is your first time coming to my page, check it out here. It showcases the variety of cultures…
Mastication of Brutality Uncontrolled Discography - Metal Kingdom
HUMAN MASTICATION - Raped And Mutilated (L) TS - morbid-generation
KAKEN - Research Projects | Masticatory function in patients with jaw deformity before and after orthognathic surgery (KAKENHI...
CiNii 論文 - 組織再生を応用した顎堤増量について
Demonstration of chewing motor disorder by recording peripheral correlates of mastication. - Semantic Scholar
Chewing motor performance was examined in twenty-one patients. Twelve patients had TMJ dysfunction syndrome, eight had occlusal trauma, and one had CNS impairment. Surface electromyography and three-dimensional jaw movement was recorded. Discomfort was recorded by the patient during chewing of beefstick. Specific changes in mandibular movement were related to the presence of pain, discomfort and other symptoms of the TMJ dysfunction syndrome.
Boli interne - firme, companii, vanzari, produse, servicii - pagina 4
Rehabilitation Outcomes in Head and Neck Survivors - Tabular View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Head and neck cancer is prevalent in Taiwan, and oral cancer is the most common location. Patients with advanced stage of the disease need extensive tumor excision with neck dissection. Secondary reconstructive surgeries using free flap could improve the postoperative function or appearance of cancer survivors. Oral functions include respiration, speech, mastication, deglutition, and cosmetics. Advanced treatments make survival rates increased, but might develop shoulder dysfunction, speech, mastication, donor site morbidity and psychological issues. The purpose of this project is to explore the effects of rehabilitation following reconstructive surgery in oral cancer survivors.. This study design is an interrupted time-series design. The investigators will recruit 50 subjects one week following reconstructive surgery. The measurements include manual muscle strength, joint range of motion, maximal mouth opening, pain status, hand-to-neck test, hand-to-scapula test, hand-to-opposite-scapula test, ...
dustbury.com » It's all just mastication
cinnamon Archives • Mommy Made, M.D.
Masticating juicers are best. With mastication juicers theres no heating up the juice which can happen in other types of juicers. Centrifugal juicers spin at high rates as the fruit or veggie is pressed down against the grating mechanism. The friction that occurs releases excess energy as heat. The increased heat during processing can damage some of the very phytonutrients that you are trying to consume. Mastication (think of the chewing motion your mouth makes when you eat) compresses and grinds the fruit or veggie and extracts the juice in a more gentle manner. They can be more expensive but may very well be worth the investment. If youre not sure if you will stick with it, start with a smaller, cheaper run of the mill juicer before you make a huge investment. My first juicer was just about $30 and I used it for about a year to be sure it wouldnt be just a fad for me before I considered investing in something more pricey.. No matter how you slice it getting as close to the recommended 5 or ...
Chronic mastication. | Prepare for Training
Keyword: lodgepole | Rocky Mountain Research Station
Fire managers have increased their use of mastication, the on-site disposal of shrubs and small-diameter trees through chipping and shredding, a practice that alters the chemical and physical conditions of the forest floor and may influence vegetation regrowth for years or decades. We evaluated a network of 18 masticated sites to assess the effects of mastication treatments on plants and soils, and convey how these effects vary over time ...
empath - Human Mastication
empath is a similarity analysis of the heavy-metal bands listed in the Encyclopaedia Metallum, based solely on reviewer overlap. The similarity scores are approximately the percentage of overlap, adjusted to reduce the effects of both high popularity and small samples. 7017 bands qualify. Various bonus statistics are provided for no especially good reason ...
i just ate this: Recent Mastications
Included here are the Italian Sandwich from Baldinos, Cheesesteak sandwich from Mellow Mushroom in Statesboro, a real sugar Dr. Pepper, the worst bagel & lox I have ever gotten from Einsteins (notice only one little piece of lox on each half), a Bison Burger & Rings from Crystal Beer Parlor in Savannah, a Orange & Pineapple shake from Tradewinds in Tybee Island, a onion and mushroom quesadilla, and some wings from Fresh Market ...
WHAT WOULD TUPAC SHAKUR HAVE BEEN LIKE HAD HE LIVED? - Articles Of Mastication
Honesty is the best policy. The policy is in the beat if you dig that, only its not so clear cut. Thats the thing about rap music; youve always got to learn to read between the lines. Youve got to literally mine your way through all the X-rated language, the violence and the sexual innuendos to get to appreciate the truth of the overriding message. And Im going to be as honest as possible with you today. It may also seem obvious but theres a great deal many things that me and Tupac Shakur do not have in common.. But in saying that I am declaring myself to be a hypocrite. Because the truth of the matter is this. While Tupac is rapping to us loud and clear, I harbor similar thoughts in the deep recesses of my breast. These thoughts are kept to myself, nobody knows about it, only I do. But if you believe in the Master, the Higher Power, the Divine Ruler, whatever name you give Him, you know this as well as I know that. He already knows. And then again, 2Pac and I actually do have a couple of ...
El Dorado County Fire Safe Council - SEEKING BIDS FOR FUEL REDUCTION PROJECTS
THE EL DORADO COUNTY FIRE SAFE COUNCIL IS SEEKING PROPOSALS FROM QUALIFIED CONTRACTORS TO PROVIDE: FUEL REDUCTION, MASTICATION, CHAINSAW AND CHIPPING OR PILE BURNING SERVICES IN THE LOGTOWN AREA EAST OF STATE HIGHWAY 49. Logtown East Side Fuel Break (LT10) 16-SFA-56063) and Logtown East Side Fuel Break (LT 10) Monitor section (sra 5gs15144) Release Date: October 2, 2017,. Required Site visit: October 18, 2017, 0900 at the parking lot of Bobbys Market the corner of Crystal Boulevard and Highway 49. Closing Date: October 27, 2017. Two Grants funding have been obtained to perform Fuels reduction work on 95 acres of land. The project is located off of Highway 49 and Dolomite Drive in El Dorado County, California. The Fire Safe Council is seeking a qualified contractor through a competitive bid process to perform mastication, chipping or pile burning, and chainsaw work.. Please download a complete copy of the two Request for Proposals click here for the federal grant and here for the SRA grant or ...
So Dropbox cant really give me what I want (what I really really want). But I stumbled into Spideroak who are like the smarter, but lesser known cousins of Dropbox. Their software does everything Dropbox does (including tracking all revisions!) but they have a "trust no one" model which encrypts all files before leaving my computer using, and this is critical, MY key which they dont store. Pretty cool, eh? Spideroak also has a iPad/iPhone app and offers a neat feature that allows emailing any file in my Spideroak "bucket" to anyone using my iPhone without having to upload the file to my iPhone first. They do this by sending a special link to the email recipient that allows them to open only the file you wanted them to have. This could be a huge bacon saver on the road.. So Spideroaks the panacea then? Well… um… no. They have two critical flaws: 1) They depend on time stamps on files to determine most recent file. 2) Syncs are slow, sometimes taking more than 5 minutes for very small ...
నమలడం - వికీపీడియా
నమలడం (Mastication or Chewing) జీర్ణ ప్రక్రియలో మొదటి భాగం. నమిలేటప్పుడు ఆహార పదార్ధాలు పండ్ల మధ్యన పడి చిన్నవిగా చేయబడతాయి. అందువలన జీర్ణద్రవాలలోని ఎంజైమ్లు బాగా పనిచేసి ఆహారాన్ని సులభంగా జీర్ణించుకోవడానికి ఉపయోగపడతాయి. ఈ ప్రక్రియలో నాలుక మరియు బుగ్గలు సహకరిస్తాయి. నమలడం పూర్తయేసరికి ఆహారం మెత్తగా మారి లాలాజలంతో కలిసి ముద్దలాగా తయారౌతుంది. కార్బోహైడ్రేట్లు కొంతవరకు ...
Pectinase - All Products A-Z - Products - Jiangsu Boli Bioproducts Co.,Ltd.
Randomizovaná a kontrolovaná. Boli hodnotené 3 oblasti: oblasť, na ktorú bola aplikovaná deionizovaná voda (negatívna kontrola), oblasť, na ktorú bol aplikovaný Bi-Oil, a oblasť, na ktorú bol aplikovaný 1% roztok lauryl sulfátu sodného (pozitívna kontrola - dráždidlo pokožku). Skúšobné výrobky boli aplikované pomocou náplasti na volárnu stranu predlaktia a odstránené po 24 hodinách. Bola hodnotená pokožka a zaznamenané reakcie po 24, 48, 72 a 96 hodinách po aplikácii. Počas hodnotenia boli prítomní dermatológovia. Reakcie pokožky boli hodnotené na stupnici 0 - 4 (kde 0 je bez reakcie a 4 je zapálené začervenanie ...
Principiile imunizarii si folosirea vaccinurilor - Boli infectioase - medicamente naturiste
Infectii cu protozoare si helminti consideratii generale - Boli infectioase - medicamente naturiste
Thieme Publishing Group: Cărți oncologie, imunologie și boli infecțioase | Books Express
ZuPreem® Marmoset Soft Diet | Jeffers Pet
Letra da música de Impaled: Fecal Rites
Free Gum - HotUKDeals
Joyous news! Our brethren at Trident have shared the love and given us a truck-load of liquid-centred Trident Splash and long-lasting, soft-textured Trident Soft (complete with truck) in support of the revolution. Weve decided to take our bounty on tour to meet you and hand out gum to anyone who demands more from their chew, so they can join us in flavour-rich mastication ...
The Masters of Functional Orthodontics
The purpose of orthognathodontics is therefore to achieve correct occlusion, optimal mastication and speech, and a satisfactory esthetic appearance. After stressing the importance that anatomic and functional factors have on the arrangement of teeth in the dental arch, the follower of orthognathodontics is perfectly aware that the goal of correct occlusion can be reached not only through strictly dental factors but also through other variables, the so-called functional variables. The orthognathodontist therefore can work not only in the mechanistic sense of correcting dental irregularities within the narrow context of the arches but also in a broader sense: on the osseous bases, which influence interarch relations, and on muscle functioning, of great importance in the development and spatial positioning of the jawbones themselves. Essentially, treatment can be dual: On the one hand, dysgnathia can be corrected by regularizing intra-arch and interarch dental relations; in this case, the work is ...
drunk (idea) by witchiepoo - Everything2.com
An alternative surgical approach reduces variability following filament induction of experimental stroke in mice | Disease...
We report an alternative surgical approach for inducing filament MCAO in mice that results in reduced variability in lesion volume as assessed using a range of MRI analyses and histological staining. Avoiding ECA ligation and introducing an analgesic regime appears to reduce body weight loss without affecting lesion volume. Importantly, re-sealing the CCA reduced the variability of lesion volume along with changing the diffusion properties of the ischemic core.. Intraluminal MCAO is induced by inserting the filament via an incision at the trunk of the CCA, immediately below the bifurcation, or at the trunk of the ECA. ECA transection in rats can induce ischemic lesions of the mastication and swallowing muscles (Dittmar et al., 2003), affecting drinking behaviours and increasing body weight loss post-MCAO (Trueman et al., 2011). In mice, we show that when ECA ligation was avoided and an analgesic regime introduced there seemed to be no effect on lesion volume but data suggested that body weight ...
Stomach 02 - Medicine PowerPoint Templates
Traumatic Ulcers Differential Diagnoses
Pravda.sk - Debata - 20 bývalých tajných agentov z éry Pinocheta odsúdili za vraždy
Pletieš piate cez deviate .... taký program naozaj existoval, ale patricipovali na ňom všetky ozbrojené i spravodajské zložky v rátane juhovietnamských a nebolo to zamerané proti intelektuálom ale proti Vietkongu. Tých mŕtvych bolo určite viac ... ale tých intelektuálov tam bolo určite minimum. Isto sa postupovalo brutálne ... ale brutálny boli Vietkong, ktorý likvidoval ľudí len preto, že si dovolili byť nepríklad starostami. Značná časť civilistov sa chcela vyhnúť obom ... z tvojho pohľadu je blbé to, že síce Amíci zavierali nad mnohými žločinmi svojich vojakov oči .... a tresty boli často formálna a minimálne ... ale paradoxne len Amíci boli vôbec vyšetrovaní ....komunisti dodnes svoje zločiny popierajú ...hoci ich robili na vlastnom národe a sú dobre zdokumentované. Vietkong ako vojenská sila skončil v roku 1968 pri ofenzíve Ted, kedy ich takmer vyhladila armáda USA a juhovietnamci ... domáci akosi bojovali proti komunistom : ...
Štúdia: Hliník v bunkovom tkanive mozgov autistov :: Sloboda v očkovaní
Všetky chemikálie boli od firmy Sigma Aldrich (Spojené kráľovstvo), ak nie je uvedené inak. Ak to bolo možné, bunkové tkanivá z tylového, čelného, spánkového a temenného laloku, ako aj z hi-pokampu od 10 darcov (3 žien a 7 mužov) s diagnózou ASD sme získali od Oxfordskej mozgovej banky ako tri 5 μm hrubé, sériové, parafínom zaliate rezy z každého laloku od každého darcu (viď Tabuľka č. 2). Tkanivové rezy, pripevnené na sklíčka, boli umiestnené do stojanu na sklíčka, násled-ne odvoskované a rehydratované pomocou prechodu skrz 250 ml nasledovných reagentov: 3 minúty v Histo-Clear (National Diagnostics, USA), 1 minútu v čerstvom Histo-Clear, 2 minúty v 100% eta-nole (HPLC kvalita) a 1 minútu v 90%, 70%, 50% a 30% (objem/objem) etanole. Nasledovala re-hydratácia v ultra-čistej vode (vodivosť , 0,067 μS/cm) počas 35 sekúnd. Sklíčka boli v každom re-agente každých 20 sekúnd potrasené a počas prenosu medzi jednotlivými rozpúšťadlami ...
F: No, d sa poveda , e na prv kr t sme celkom spokojn , aj ke alej u to budeme robi plne inak. St le cvi me a sna me sa o najviac zlep ova , aby sme nestuhli na jednom mieste. Asi najviac sme spokojn so zvukom, Martin Papp je naozajstn arodejn k. A sexu lne v kony? plne fantastick , v etci sme boli rozjeban ako kokoti, hehe. ...haha, no to ste ale u boli de pred nahr van m v HC, pam t te na t skvel p rty hahahaha..., o takto si to niekedy zop knu ... Boli ste v t diu MOONSET v ali, pre o pr ve tam, ako sa v m tam p ilo, vlezete tam aj nabud ce ...
LP0212260 - Integrating Stress and Strain Data from the North West Shelf, Australia: Implications for Hydrocarbon Seal...
Endoscopy results - Page 2
Hi Well I had the endoscopy today and I am so happy to say it was all clear! :D They gave me some soup afterwards which I ate no problem - and it had small lumps in! This was thanks to the lovely sedation I had! I was so encouraged that for my tea tonight I ditched the complan and made some stew and liquidised it and didnt sieve out the lumps and I ate it! It took me about an hour but I dont care I ate something that had texture to it! The consultant told me to eat a soft diet this
Forum pentru tratamentul psoriazisului la Dead
Sanatórium Koch. Boli ste spokojné? - Pôrodnice a ... - str. 260
aber vsetko sme dostali, ja som si dala doniest len vacsiu ciapocku. Nasa mala velku hlavu a nebola akrat vacsia volna a rukavicky som si pytala na novorodeneckom bo sa stale skrabala. Ale ked som potrebovala prezliect, tak stacilo cinknut a priniesli druhe oblecko, plienky, masticku na zadocek, obrusky. A ty ked nieco budes potrebovat, staci sestricke povedat. Nocna kosela je cista kazdy den ale ked potrebujes aj cez den vymenit, tak nie je problem. Ja som bola prvorodicka a veru nic mi nechybalo ...
Boli Infectioase si Parazitologic
TRANSPLANTUL HEPATIC SCOPUL - prelungirea duratei vieţii şi creşterea calităţii vieţii pacienţilor cu boli hepatice în stadiul...
Solidni tumori abdomena dječje dobi | Digitalni repozitorij Sveučilišta Sjever
Maligne bolesti dječje dobi drugi su uzrok smrti djece starosti od 0 do 15 godina.Tumori abdomena u djece javljaju se kao primarni tumori u različitim organima abdomena ili nastaju kao posljedica metastaze tumorske bolesti.Od vrste tumora u abdomenu se najčešće pojavljuju neuroblastom,nefroblastom,rabdomiosarkom. Tri su glavna načina liječenja tumora: kirurško liječenje,lijekovi, radioterapija. U retrospektivnom istraživanju analizirana je skupina abdominalnih tumora prema spolu i dobi djece, proširenosti tumora, te tipu, trajanju i intenzitetu boli u periodu od 2005 do 2014 godine. U tom razdoblju liječeno je 147 djece s abdominalnim tumorima, 85 dječaka i 62 djevojčice. Dob djece je bila od 0 do 16 godina. Analizirani su stadiji proširenosti abdominalnih tumora pri postavljanju dijagnoze. Najviše abdominalnih tumora otkriveno je u prvom stadiju proširenosti, a zatim podjednako u drugom i trećem stadiju.Tipovi boli povezani s abdominalnim tumorima dječje dobi su somatska bol, ...
Medicina 101 - Boli, Simptome si Tratamente - Part 20
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
Muscles of mastication. Main article: Muscles of mastication. The muscles of mastication are paired on each side and work ... Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD, TMJD) is an umbrella term covering pain and dysfunction of the muscles of mastication ... Sometimes TMD pain can radiate or be referred from its cause (i.e. the TMJ or the muscles of mastication) and be felt as ... Temporomandibular joints, muscles of mastication and malocclusions - Jaw joints, chewing muscles and bite abnormalities ...
Muscles of mastication. The motor component of the mandibular division (V3) of the trigeminal nerve controls the movement ... Motor: Muscles of mastication, tensor tympani, tensor veli palatini, mylohyoid, anterior belly of the digastric. Sensory: Face ... Its motor function activates the muscles of mastication, the tensor tympani, tensor veli palatini, mylohyoid and the anterior ... The trigeminal nerve also carries special visceral efferent (SVE) axons, which innervate the muscles of mastication via the ...
Index of oral health and dental articles
Don Gregorio Antón
The tongue is a muscular organ in the mouth of most vertebrates that manipulates food for mastication, and is used in the act ... MasticationEdit. The tongue is an important accessory organ in the digestive system. The tongue is used for crushing food ... against the hard palate, during mastication and manipulation of food for softening prior to swallowing. The epithelium on the ...
When muscles of mastication are within the field of radiation, it leads to fibrosis and result in decreased mouth opening. ... Dental trismus results from some sort of insult to the muscles of mastication, such as opening the jaw for a period of time or ... Inflammation of muscles of mastication. It is a frequent sequel to surgical removal of mandibular third molars (lower wisdom ... It may be caused by spasm of the muscles of mastication or a variety of other causes. Temporary trismus occurs much more ...
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
Muscles of masticationEdit. Main article: Muscles of mastication. The muscles of mastication are paired on each side and work ... Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD, TMJD) is an umbrella term covering pain and dysfunction of the muscles of mastication ... Sometimes TMD pain can radiate or be referred from its cause (i.e. the TMJ or the muscles of mastication) and be felt as ... Pain and tenderness on palpation in the muscles of mastication, or of the joint itself (preauricular pain - pain felt just in ...
Gnathology Muscles of mastication Horace Fletcher Chewing Gum "Prehension, Mastication and Swallowing". Holmes, Wendy (2007), " ... Chewing or mastication is the process by which food is crushed and ground by teeth. It is the first step of digestion, and it ... During the mastication process, the food is positioned by the cheek and tongue between the teeth for grinding. The muscles of ... The motor program for mastication is a hypothesized central nervous system function by which the complex patterns governing ...
Medial pterygoid muscle
Human digestive system
"Prehension, Mastication and Swallowing".. *^ Baelum, edited by Ole Fejerskov and Edwina Kidd; with Bente Nyvad and Vibeke (2008 ... Mastication of the food with the help of saliva and mucus results in the formation of a soft bolus which can then be swallowed ... Digestion is helped by the chewing of food carried out by the muscles of mastication, the tongue, and the teeth, and also by ... The teeth are named after their particular roles in the process of mastication-incisors are used for cutting or biting off ...
Primary enamel cuticle
2016 in mammal paleontology
Normal movements of the mandible during function, such as mastication, or chewing, are known as excursions. There are two ... The mandible is moved primary by the four muscles of mastication: the masseter, medial pterygoid, lateral pterygoid and the ... Myofascial pain dysfunction syndrome, primarily involving the muscles of mastication. This is the most common cause. Internal ... is pain and dysfunction of the TMJ and the muscles of mastication (the muscles that move the jaw). TMD does not fit neatly into ...
This arch also gives rise to the muscles of mastication. Meckel's cartilage forms in the mesoderm of the mandibular process and ... These muscles include all the muscles of mastication, the anterior belly of the digastric, the mylohyoid, tensor tympani, and ... ligament palatine bone squamous part of temporal bone anterior ligament of malleus Muscles muscles of mastication (chewing) ...
Mastication - Everything2.com
F. mastication.] The act or operation of masticating; chewing, as of food. Mastication i... ... Muscles involved in Mastication. Dental surgery, or, how I learned to appreciate anesthesia. Life in the conditional tense. ... Mastication is a necessary preparation of solid aliment, without which there can be no good digestion. Arbuthnot.. © Webster ... F. mastication.] The act or operation of masticating; chewing, as of food. ...
Mastication | Definition of Mastication at Dictionary.com
Limited ability to open the mouth may make proper mastication of food more difficult. See more. ... Mastication definition, the act or process of chewing: ... How is mastication used in real life?. Mastication is most ... OTHER WORDS FROM mastication. re·mas·ti·ca·tion, noun. Words nearby mastication. mastery, masthead, mast house, mastic, ... Mastication is a technical word for the act of chewing.. Mastication is the noun form of the verb masticate, meaning to chew or ...
Muscles of mastication - Wikipedia
There are four classical muscles of mastication. During mastication, three muscles of mastication (musculi masticatorii) are ... The muscles of mastication originate on the skull and insert into the mandible, thereby allowing for jaw movements during ... Each of these primary muscles of mastication is paired, with each side of the mandible possessing one of the four. Unlike most ... The mandible is the only bone that moves during mastication and other activities, such as talking. While these four muscles are ...
Mastication Muscles - Anatomy Pictures and Information
WikiGenes - Mastication
Disease relevance of Mastication. *The combined action of unilateral mastication and anabolic steroid use is probably ... Psychiatry related information on Mastication. *Histaminergic systems in the hypothalamus were activated by mastication and low ... Effect of lidocaine and NMDA injections into the medial pontobulbar reticular formation on mastication evoked by cortical ... Hard-food mastication suppresses complete Freunds adjuvant-induced nociception. Ogawa, A., Morimoto, T., Hu, J.W., Tsuboi, Y ...
dustbury.com » It's all just mastication
Mastication Robots: Biological Inspiration to Implementation, Book by Weilang Xu (Hardcover) | chapters.indigo.ca
Buy the Hardcover Book Mastication Robots by Weilang Xu at Indigo.ca, Canadas largest bookstore. + Get Free Shipping on Health ... Introduction.- Robotic Models of the Masticatory System.- Mastication Robot of Linear Actuation.- Mastication Robot of Crank ... Mastication Robots: Biological Inspiration to Implementation. byWeilang Xu, John E. Bronlund. Hardcover , July 29, 2010. ... Title:Mastication Robots: Biological Inspiration to ImplementationFormat:HardcoverDimensions:295 pagesPublished:July 29, 2010 ...
Effect of a denture adhesive on complete denture dislodgement during mastication.
Muscles of mastication - Biology-Online Dictionary
IJMS | Free Full-Text | Association between Mastication, the Hippocampus, and the HPA Axis: A Comprehensive Review
Mastication is also important for preserving and promoting general health, including hippocampus-dependent cognition. Both ... Here, we provide a comprehensive overview of current research regarding the association between mastication, the hippocampus, ... We also discuss several potential molecular mechanisms involved in the interactions between mastication, hippocampal function, ... Mastication is mainly involved in food intake and nutrient digestion with the aid of teeth. ...
Long term consequences of a controlled slash burn and slash mastication to soil moisture and CO2 at a southern Colorado site |...
Long term consequences of a controlled slash burn and slash mastication to soil moisture and CO2 at a southern Colorado site. ... Home / Publications / Long term consequences of a controlled slash burn and slash mastication to soil moisture and CO2 at a ... Long term consequences of a controlled slash burn and slash mastication to soil moisture and CO2 at a southern Colorado site. ... which can be done either by burning it or by mastication and dispersal. Either method has long term consequences to the soil ...
USE OF COMBINED ELECTROMYOGRAPHY AND KINESTHESIOLOGY DURING MASTICATION TO CHART THE ORAL BREAKDOWN OF FOODSTUFFS: RELEVANCE TO...
Mastication of apple and carrot relied on vertical compression for each chew, with decreasing effort applied over the course of ... Benjamin Le Révérend, Françoise Saucy, Mireille Moser, Chrystel Loret, Adaptation of mastication mechanics and eating behaviour ... USE OF COMBINED ELECTROMYOGRAPHY AND KINESTHESIOLOGY DURING MASTICATION TO CHART THE ORAL BREAKDOWN OF FOODSTUFFS: RELEVANCE TO ... Crispness level of potato chips affects temporal dynamics of flavor perception and mastication patterns in adults of different ...
JVA, Mastication and Digital Occlusal Analysis in Diagnosis and Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders | IntechOpen
Final product is a very important indicator for the efficiency of the mastication, and chewing pattern. T-Scan digital occlusal ... Mastication narrative: The patient chewed a bolus(gum) on the left side, and 15 chewing cycles were used to average the chewing ... Total quantity in mastication analysis is the chewing cycle, representing the motion of the mandible from occlusion to open and ... During mastication, the angle of the mandible as it approaches occlusion is quite different from that occurring with lateral ...
EXCRUCIATE / MORFEUS / MASTICATION / EXHUMED / BIRCH MOUNTAIN - www.voicesfromthedarkside.de
Whereas EXCRUCIATE and MORPHEUS released official recordings on vinyl and CD, EXHUMED and MASTICATION just released demotapes. ... MASTICATION / EXHUMED / BIRCH MOUNTAIN: For those involved in the Death Metal underground of the early nineties names such as ... EXHUMED, MORPHEUS, MASTICATION or EXCRUCIATE will ring a bell in your head. ... If I am not mistaken I brought the label with me from MASTICATION. Opinionate! wanted to release an album with MASTICATION but ...
Reduced mastication results in the impairment of memory and learning function - Healthcanal.com : Healthcanal.com
The article "Reduced Mastication Impairs Memory Function" was published in the Journal of Dental Research at DOI:10.1177/ ... Recently, frequency of mastication has dramatically decreased along with changes in dietary habits. Masticatory stimulation has ... It is also suggested that further elucidation of the mechanism linking mastication and brain function can lead to novel ... In addition, behavioral experiments revealed that reduced mastication impaired memory and learning functions (Image 1). In the ...
Anti-obesity Actions of Mastication Driven by Histamine Neurons in Rats - PubMed
Implications of mastication in energy intake and expenditure regulated by histamine (HA) neurons were investigated in rats. ... Anti-obesity Actions of Mastication Driven by Histamine Neurons in Rats Toshiie Sakata 1 , Hironobu Yoshimatsu, Takayuki Masaki ... Anti-obesity Actions of Mastication Driven by Histamine Neurons in Rats Toshiie Sakata et al. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2003 Nov ... Mastication of Nuts under Realistic Eating Conditions: Implications for Energy Balance. McArthur BM, Mattes RD, Considine RV. ...
JAIRO | Medullary Reticular Neurons Mediate Neuropeptide Y-Induced Metabolic Inhibition and Mastication
Mastication dyspraxia: a neurodevelopmental disorder reflecting disruption of the cerebellocerebral network involved in planned...
As a substitute for mastication, he moved the unground food with his fingers in a lateral direction to the mandibular and ... As a result, it is hypothesized that "mastication dyspraxia" may have to be considered as a distinct nosological entity within ... Mastication dyspraxia: a neurodevelopmental disorder reflecting disruption of the cerebellocerebral network involved in planned ... the development of mastication was severely impaired, while no evidence of swallowing apraxia, dysphagia, sensorimotor ...
Biplanar X-ray motion analysis of the lower jaw movement during incisor interaction and mastication in the beaver ( Castor...
The first biplanar X-ray motion analysis of mastication and food processing for Castor fiberis presented. While particles are ... Mammalian mastication: a review of the activity of the jaw muscle and the movements they produce in chewing. In: Butler, P.M., ... Mastication involves interaction of the cheek teeth with no contact of the incisors. When the cheek teeth are in occlusal ... Castoridae Castor fiber Incisor interaction Mastication Power stroke Condyle position This is a preview of subscription content ...
Gross Anatomy Muscles of Mastication and the TMJ video lecture University of Michigan
Gross Anatomy Muscles of Mastication and the TMJ tutorial of Gross Anatomy Dissections courseUniversity of Michigan. You can ... Muscles of mastication and temporomandibular joint and their anatomical features using a human cadaver. Orig. air date JUN 6 77 ... Muscles of Mastication and the TMJ - The Intratemporal Fossa - Lateral Pharyngeal Wall - Orbit-Nasal Cavity - Hard and Soft ...
Unilateral atrophy of the muscles of mastication | Radiology Case | Radiopaedia.org
Mastication, Palate, Tongue Flashcards by Steph Morton | Brainscape
Facial EMG analysis for mastication experiments | ANT Neuro
... more specifically with a focus on mastication experiments. The test setup consisted of an eegosports complete system with 64 ... In a full mastication experiment, one might also want to include the Anterior Temporalis muscle in the data recording (and of ... more specifically with a focus on mastication experiments. ... Facial EMG analysis for mastication experiments Facial EMG ...
Changes in the muscles of mastication before and after primary stereotactic radiosurgery in patients with idiopathic trigeminal...
A subset of patients with TN with significant pain on chewing have pre-GKRS disuse atrophy of the muscles of mastication. A ... stereotactic radiosurgery; Gamma Knife radiosurgery; trigeminal neuralgia; muscles of mastication; masseter; temporalis; motor ... Changes in the muscles of mastication before and after primary stereotactic radiosurgery in patients with idiopathic trigeminal ... The object of this study was to evaluate via MRI the changes in the muscles of mastication before and after upfront GKRS in ...
Identification des mécanismes périphériques impliqués dans la douleur chronique expérimentale des muscles de la mastication
Maternal Active Mastication during Prenatal Stress Ameliorates Prenatal Stress-Induced Lower Bone Mass in Adult Mouse Offspring...
Active mastication during prenatal stress in dams could be an effective coping strategy to prevent lower bone mass in their ... Maternal active mastication during prenatal stress attenuates stress response. The aim of this study is to test the hypothesis ... Maternal Active Mastication during Prenatal Stress Ameliorates Prenatal Stress-Induced Lower Bone Mass in Adult Mouse Offspring ... Maternal Active Mastication during Prenatal Stress Ameliorates Prenatal Stress-Induced Lower Bone Mass in Adult Mouse Offspring ...
Muscles of Mastication | Intelligent Dental
Muscles of Mastication. Leave a reply During mastication, four muscles of mastication (or musculi masticatorii) are responsible ... It is a thick muscle of mastication.. Origin and Insertion :. *It Arises from the deep head the lateral pterygoid plate, and ... Only muscle of mastication which has its attachment to the TMJ. *Lateral Pterygoid forms the roof of the Pterygomandibular ... This is the muscle which helps in elevation of the mandible, It is one of the muscles of mastication. It is large shaped in ...
Effect of lidocaine and NMDA injections into the medial pontobulbar reticular formation on mastication evoked by cortical...
Effect of lidocaine and NMDA injections into the medial pontobulbar reticular formation on mastication evoked by cortical ... Injections of NMDA excited local neurons and when injected into ventral nPontc, it completely blocked mastication. Dorsal ... Neurons of the dorsal nucleus reticularis pontis caudalis (nPontc) fire rhythmically during fictive mastication, while neurons ... central pattern generator, lidocaine, mastication, NMDA, nucleus pontis caudalis, rabbit National Category Physiology Neurology ...
Mastication of Brutality Uncontrolled Discography - Metal Kingdom
MusclesAllowing lateralGrotesque Mastication of Putrid InnardsHuman MasticationSalivaTemporalisBolusNounMandibleTeethUnilateralDeglutitionMovementsMasticatoryDigestionNeural ControlMasseter MuscleLipid bioaccessibility2016TongueChewingNeuronsAfferentMuscle of masticatProcess of masticationRelationship between masticationTemporalOcclusalPeriodontitisAlmondsExperimentsMovementPhysiologicalInfluenceSignificantlyCorrelationInfluencesDysfunctionFuelsChewContextSlashAdultMolarsOriginReviews
- The mastication muscles help the mouth begin mechanical digestion through chewing and swallowing food. (innerbody.com)
- There are four classical muscles of mastication. (wikipedia.org)
- During mastication, three muscles of mastication (musculi masticatorii) are responsible for adduction of the jaw, and one (the lateral pterygoid) helps to abduct it. (wikipedia.org)
- The muscles of mastication originate on the skull and insert into the mandible, thereby allowing for jaw movements during contraction. (wikipedia.org)
- Each of these primary muscles of mastication is paired, with each side of the mandible possessing one of the four. (wikipedia.org)
- Unlike most of the other facial muscles, which are innervated by the facial nerve (or CN VII), the muscles of mastication are innervated by the trigeminal nerve (or CN V). More specifically, they are innervated by the mandibular branch, or V3. (wikipedia.org)
- While these four muscles are the primary participants in mastication, other muscles are usually if not always helping the process, such as those of the tongue and the cheeks. (wikipedia.org)
- Muscles of mastication and temporomandibular joint and their anatomical features using a human cadaver. (freevideolectures.com)
- Which nerve may be injured to cause the mastication muscles atrophy? (radiopaedia.org)
- In a full mastication experiment, one might also want to include the Anterior Temporalis muscle in the data recording (and of course both muscles mirrored on the other side of the head), as this muscle is also heavily used during chewing. (ant-neuro.com)
- The object of this study was to evaluate via MRI the changes in the muscles of mastication before and after upfront GKRS in patients with idiopathic TN. (thejns.org)
- A subset of patients with TN with significant pain on chewing have pre-GKRS disuse atrophy of the muscles of mastication. (thejns.org)
- During mastication, four muscles of mastication (or musculi masticatorii ) are responsible for adduction and lateral motion of the jaw. (intelligentdental.com)
- This is the muscle which helps in elevation of the mandible, It is one of the muscles of mastication. (intelligentdental.com)
- Muscles of mastication, lateral view of the skull. (indexedvisuals.com)
- 2. Mode of facilitation of H reflex of crural muscles during mastication and the central neural mechanisms underlying the facilitation were studied in urethane-anesthetized rabbits. (nii.ac.jp)
- It was concluded (1) that H reflex of crural muscles undergoes a tonic non-reciprocal facilitation during mastication, (2) that intraoral mechanoreceptive afferents are not essential for the facilitation, and (3) that an increase in excitability of motoneurons is involved in the facilitation of the H reflex during mastication. (nii.ac.jp)
- In animals, including man, mastication is accomplished by vertical, front-to-back, and lateral movements of the lower jaw in relation to the upper jaw, brought about by the contraction of the masticatory muscles. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction ( TMD , TMJD ) is an umbrella term covering pain and dysfunction of the muscles of mastication (the muscles that move the jaw) and the temporomandibular joints (the joints which connect the mandible to the skull ). (wikipedia.org)
- Another definition of temporomandibular disorders is "a group of conditions with similar signs and symptoms that affect the temporomandibular joints, the muscles of mastication, or both. (wikipedia.org)
- The muscles of mastication are a group of muscles associated with movements of the jaw ( temporomandibular joint ). (teachmeanatomy.info)
- There are four muscles of mastication - the masseter, temporalis, medial pterygoid and lateral pterygoid. (teachmeanatomy.info)
- Embryologically, the muscles of mastication develop from the first pharyngeal arch . (teachmeanatomy.info)
- In this article, we shall look at the anatomy of the muscles of mastication - their attachments, actions and innervation. (teachmeanatomy.info)
- Which nerve innervates the muscles of mastication? (teachmeanatomy.info)
- The four muscles of mastication are the primary muscles that move the jaw when chewing. (visitcore.com)
- This quadrangular shaped muscle is the most powerful of the four mastication muscles and arguably the best known muscle of the jaw. (visitcore.com)
- The muscles of mastication are important to understand if you suffer from jaw pain. (visitcore.com)
- Evidence for the latter is reviewed, which also appears to modulate the activity of jaw closing muscles and the extent of lateral mandibular movement during mastication . (bvsalud.org)
- The masseter muscle is one of the muscles of mastication. (buzzle.com)
- The muscles of mastication are paired on either side of the face. (buzzle.com)
Grotesque Mastication of Putrid Innards1
- Saliva is released from glands under the tongue to aid in the process of mastication. (dictionary.com)
- The mastication causes a copious flow of saliva of a brick-red colour, which dyes the mouth, lips and gums. (dictionary.com)
- Mastication is the process of combining ground up food particles with naturally occurring saliva. (colgate.com)
- Aim: The aim of this study was to investigate mean electrical activity and how the anterior, middle, and posterior portions of the temporalis muscle work during mastication. (bvsalud.org)
- Electromyographic (EMG) recordings were made in anterior, middle and posterior portions of the temporalis muscle during mastication for 5 s. (bvsalud.org)
- The wide movements of the mandible produced during mastication allow studying the integrated actions of the different portions of the temporalis muscle. (bvsalud.org)
- The present study aimed to investigate how the anterior, middle, and posterior portions of the temporalis muscle work during mastication and to assess mean electrical activity of each portion in Angle's Class I individuals with the use of surface EMG. (bvsalud.org)
- The timing of events during mastication, food transport, pharyngeal bolus aggregation, and swallowing were measured in relation to respiration. (fujita-hu.ac.jp)
- Palmer, Jeffrey B. / Respiration during feeding on solid food : Alterations in breathing during mastication, pharyngeal bolus aggregation, and swallowing . (fujita-hu.ac.jp)
- In the study of how humans and animals eat (at the least the ones with teeth), mastication refers to the process of breaking down pieces of food with the teeth in order to swallow them. (dictionary.com)
- The study of mastication often involves the anatomy of the mouth, including the teeth and jaw, as well as the tongue and salivary glands. (dictionary.com)
- Mastication is mainly involved in food intake and nutrient digestion with the aid of teeth. (mdpi.com)
- As a substitute for mastication, he moved the unground food with his fingers in a lateral direction to the mandibular and maxillary vestibule to externally manipulate and squeeze the food between cheek and teeth with the palm of his hand. (nih.gov)
- Mastication involves interaction of the cheek teeth with no contact of the incisors. (springer.com)
- Considerable pressure is exerted on the teeth during mastication. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Mastication is a fancy word that embodies the chewing of your food and how your teeth fit together. (ptonthenet.com)
- Background: Some previous studies reported hearing ability can be reduced by impaired masticatory ability, but there has been little evidence reported of an association between hearing loss and unilateral mastication. (elsevier.com)
- Therefore, this study aimed to investigate the relationship between unilateral mastication (UM), estimated from individual functional tooth units (FTUs), and hearing loss in a representative sample of Korean adults. (elsevier.com)
- Mastication is a necessary preparation of solid aliment, without which there can be no good digestion. (everything2.com)
- The total lipid potentially available for digestion in AB was 94.0%, which included the freely available lipid resulting from the initial sample processing and the further small amount of lipid released from the intact almond particles during mastication. (nuthealth.org)
- VTT researchers are working to gain better understanding about the influence of food structure on mastication process and the consequences of these factors on disintegration of food matrix, starch digestion rate as well as on postprandial satiety. (nutritech.fi)
- Understanding the effect of particle size and processing on almond lipid bioaccessibility through microstructural analysis: from mastication to faecal collection. (nuthealth.org)
- Lipid release after mastication (8.9% from NA, 11.8% from RA, 12.4% from DA and 6.2% from AB) was used to validate our theoretical mathematical model of lipid bioaccessibility. (nuthealth.org)
- 2016). Food texture and mastication have also been implicated in AHN and cognitive ability (Smith et al. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- 2016). Decreased mastication due to the removal of molars and edentulism in both humans and animals have a negative impact on AHN and associated cognition. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Mastication is a technical word for the act of chewing. (dictionary.com)
- Mastication is most commonly used in a scientific or technical way, though people sometimes use it to be funny by choosing a technical word instead of just saying chewing. (dictionary.com)
- It is needed for mastication (chewing) and performs when it closes the jaws. (innerbody.com)
- This paper describes a method for obtaining detailed information about the velocities, directions and relative forces involved in mastication, and how these change throughout the chewing sequence, from combined electromyograph and kinematic records in human subjects. (wiley.com)
- Mastication of apple and carrot relied on vertical compression for each chew, with decreasing effort applied over the course of the chewing sequence. (wiley.com)
- Final product is a very important indicator for the efficiency of the mastication, and chewing pattern. (intechopen.com)
- The effect of increased mastication by daily gum-chewing on salivary gland output and dental plaque acidogenicity. (semanticscholar.org)
- The study, recently published in the journal Immunity , found that chewing food - otherwise known as mastication - can stimulate the release of T helper 17 (Th17) cells in the mouth. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Mr. Casillas is giving us a great example of what is known as "False Mastication" or false chewing. (bodylanguagesuccess.com)
- Demonstration of chewing motor disorder by recording peripheral correlates of mastication. (semanticscholar.org)
- Implications of mastication in energy intake and expenditure regulated by histamine (HA) neurons were investigated in rats. (nih.gov)
- Mastication-induced activation of HA neurons suppressed physiological food intake through H1-receptor in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN) and the VMH. (nih.gov)
- Mastication thus plays an important role as a potent input signal to activate HA neurons. (nih.gov)
- Neurons of the dorsal nucleus reticularis pontis caudalis (nPontc) fire rhythmically during fictive mastication, while neurons of the ventral half tend to fire tonically (Westberg et al. (diva-portal.org)
- 2001). This paper describes the changes in the pattern of rhythmical mastication elicited by stimulation of the sensorimotor cortex during inhibition or excitation of neurons in this nucleus and adjacent parts of nucleus reticularis gigantocellularis (Rgc) in the anaesthetized rabbit. (diva-portal.org)
- Injections of NMDA excited local neurons and when injected into ventral nPontc, it completely blocked mastication. (diva-portal.org)
- Our findings suggest that neurons of ventral nPontc tonically inhibit other parts of the central pattern generator during mastication, while dorsal neurons have mixed effects. (diva-portal.org)
Muscle of masticat1
- It is a thick muscle of mastication. (intelligentdental.com)
Process of mastication1
- It is one of the main muscle which helps in the process of mastication. (intelligentdental.com)
Relationship between mastication1
- Although the relationship between mastication and brain function is potentially important, the mechanism underlying is not fully understood. (healthcanal.com)
- In addition, behavioral experiments revealed that reduced mastication impaired memory and learning functions (Image 1). (healthcanal.com)
- In this application case the eegosports system was used for the measurement of facial EMG, more specifically with a focus on mastication experiments. (ant-neuro.com)
- Measurement and Reproduction of Mastication Movement. (indigo.ca)
- Mandibular movement and muscle activity during mastication in the guinea pig ( Cavia porcellus ). (springer.com)
- Its origin and insertion make it very useful for the movement of the jaw and for applying good bite force for mastication. (intelligentdental.com)
- It was found a significantly lower RMS value in the posterior portion showing that the anterior and middle portions of the muscle have a predominant function of maintaining movement during mastication. (bvsalud.org)
- Dr. Konkel and colleagues note that the mechanical force required by mastication leads to physiological abrasion and damage in the mouth. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- A significant reduction in oral Th17 cell production was noted, which the team speculated was down to a reduction in mastication-induced physiological damage. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Compared with mice fed soft food, the mice fed hard food showed more mastication-induced physiological damage in their mouths and increased periodontal bone loss. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Correlation of accelerometers with electromyograph in the mastication of pygmy goats ( Capra hircus ). (springer.com)
- Both animal and human studies indicate that mastication influences hippocampal functions through the end product of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, glucocorticoid (GC). (mdpi.com)
- The aim of this study is to test the hypothesis that maternal active mastication influences the effect of prenatal stress on bone mass and bone microstructure in adult offspring. (medsci.org)
- But thinning requires that the refuse (or slash) be removed from the site, which can be done either by burning it or by mastication and dispersal. (fed.us)
- We evaluated the applicability of mastication as a fuel treatment alternative within Northern Rocky Mountain moist and dry forests to treat post-harvest activity slash (moist forest) and standing trees (dry forest). (usu.edu)
- On the moist forest site, we compared four different slash treatments, mastication, machine grapple piling, lop and scatter, and a control within a wildland urban interface setting to determine the effects of these treatments on soil nutrition, forest floor depth, and woody debris distributions. (usu.edu)
- Anatomoclinical findings in this patient with DCD not only indicate that the functional integrity of the cerebellocerebral network is crucially important in the planning and execution of skilled actions, but also seem to show for the first time that mastication deficits may be of true apraxic origin. (nih.gov)
- Conclusions: Gentle mastication is able to induce the release of bacterial endotoxins from oral origin into the bloodstream, especially when patients have severe periodontal disease. (zt4bg.com)
- Oh, I remember getting some reviews of the MASTICATION demos back then and a common comment was that demo one was a deviating original where as demo two was more inline with the style going on, that probably being the reason for why people remember the first demo rather than the second. (voicesfromthedarkside.de)