The external reproductive organ of males. It is composed of a mass of erectile tissue enclosed in three cylindrical fibrous compartments. Two of the three compartments, the corpus cavernosa, are placed side-by-side along the upper part of the organ. The third compartment below, the corpus spongiosum, houses the urethra.
Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans
A chronic suppurative and cicatricial disease of the apocrine glands occurring chiefly in the axillae in women and in the groin and anal regions in men. It is characterized by poral occlusion with secondary bacterial infection, evolving into abscesses which eventually rupture. As the disease becomes chronic, ulcers appear, sinus tracts enlarge, fistulas develop, and fibrosis and scarring become evident.
Epidermal cells which synthesize keratin and undergo characteristic changes as they move upward from the basal layers of the epidermis to the cornified (horny) layer of the skin. Successive stages of differentiation of the keratinocytes forming the epidermal layers are basal cell, spinous or prickle cell, and the granular cell.
A family of small, non-enveloped DNA viruses infecting birds and most mammals, especially humans. They are grouped into multiple genera, but the viruses are highly host-species specific and tissue-restricted. They are commonly divided into hundreds of papillomavirus "types", each with specific gene function and gene control regions, despite sequence homology. Human papillomaviruses are found in the genera ALPHAPAPILLOMAVIRUS; BETAPAPILLOMAVIRUS; GAMMAPAPILLOMAVIRUS; and MUPAPILLOMAVIRUS.
Oncogene Proteins, Viral
Nontherapeutic Human Experimentation
Legal documents that are declarations of individuals' wishes regarding the disposal of their property or estate after death; esp: written instruments, legally executed, by which dispositions are made of estates. LIVING WILLS are written declarations regarding prolongation of life by extraordinary means.
A set of beliefs concerning the nature, cause, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency. It usually involves devotional and ritual observances and often a moral code for the conduct of human affairs. (Random House Collegiate Dictionary, rev. ed.)
Terminology as Topic
CapZ Actin Capping Protein
Duty to Recontact
The ethical and/or legal obligation of a health provider or researcher to communicate with a former patient or research subject about advances in research relevant to a treatment or to a genetic or other diagnostic test provided earlier, or about proposed new uses of blood or tissue samples taken in the past for another purpose.
Encyclopedias as Topic
Arthropods of the class ARACHNIDA, order Araneae. Except for mites and ticks, spiders constitute the largest order of arachnids, with approximately 37,000 species having been described. The majority of spiders are harmless, although some species can be regarded as moderately harmful since their bites can lead to quite severe local symptoms. (From Barnes, Invertebrate Zoology, 5th ed, p508; Smith, Insects and Other Arthropods of Medical Importance, 1973, pp424-430)
An order of fish with eight families and numerous species of both egg-laying and livebearing fish. Families include Cyprinodontidae (egg-laying KILLIFISHES;), FUNDULIDAEl; (topminnows), Goodeidae (Mexican livebearers), Jenynsiidae (jenynsiids), Poeciliidae (livebearers), Profundulidae (Middle American killifishes), Aplocheilidae, and Rivulidae (rivulines). In the family Poeciliidae, the guppy and molly belong to the genus POECILIA.
Ethics of circumcision
Male circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin (prepuce) from the human penis. The ethics of circumcision in ... Male circumcision reduces the risk of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) transmission from HIV+ women to men. The World Health ... He concludes that there can be no debate about male circumcision, arguing that "it can bring major improvements to both male ... The Local) 5 December 2016 [archived 6 January 2020]. "Male circumcision does not result in inferior perceived male sexual ...
Stallions (male horses) have a vascular penis. When non-erect, it is quite flaccid and contained within the prepuce (foreskin, ... While most male birds have no external genitalia, male waterfowl (Anatidae) have a phallus. Most birds mate with the males ... Male and female emus are similar in appearance, although the male's penis can become visible when it defecates. The male ... The extrusibility of a raccoon's penis can be used to distinguish mature males from immature males. Male walruses possess the ...
Almost all mammal penises have foreskins or prepuce, although in non-human cases the foreskin is usually a sheath (sometimes ... glands which are found in the prepuce of some male mammals Fahmy, Mohamed A. Baky. "Prepuce." Rare Congenital Genitourinary ... Male bison and fallow deer have tufts of fur at the end of their penis sheaths. In rodents, the length of the prepuce is ... During musth, a male elephant may urinate with the penis still in the sheath, which causes the urine to spray on the hind legs ...
FGM Foreskin Foreskin Man Foreskin restoration History of circumcision Human genital mutilation Reproductive rights Violence ... Overtime, a new foreskin was generated, or a short prepuce was lengthened, by means of tissue expansion. Martial also mentioned ... For Greek art portrays the foreskin, often drawn in meticulous detail, as an emblem of male beauty; and children with ... ISBN 978-1-4020-4915-6. Hodges, Frederick M. (2001). "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and ...
The glans of the penis, in uncircumcised males, is covered by the foreskin. In its fully erect (hard) state, the shaft of the ... which supports the foreskin, or prepuce, a loose fold of skin that in adults can retract to expose the glans. The area on the ... Single-male breeding systems-or monogamous societies-tend to show smaller testis size than do multi-male breeding systems or ... Increasing the number of sperm a male inseminates into a female acts to get rid of any rival male's sperm that may be stored ...
Sexuality in ancient Rome
Overtime a new foreskin was generated, or a short prepuce was lengthened, by means of tissue expansion; Martial also mentioned ... The Latin verb fellare is usually used for a woman performing oral sex on a man. Accusing a man of fellating another man was ... and group sex featuring male-female, male-male, and female-female relations. The décor of a Roman bedroom could reflect quite ... Although a man who had worked as a prostitute could not be raped as a matter of law, it was ruled that even a man who was " ...
Clitoris Corona of glans penis Corpus cavernosum penis Foreskin Frenulum of prepuce of penis Hirsuties papillaris genitalis OED ... of males (up to 35% of diabetic males). Edwards reported that it is generally more common in males who have poor hygiene habits ... Males of Racey's pipistrelle bat have a narrow, egg-shaped glans penis. The glans penis of a male cape ground squirrel is large ... Penile spines also occur on the glans of male and female spotted hyenas. In male dogs, the glans penis consists of two parts ...
The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... Since in some men the distended foreskin may no longer close properly, allowing the long penis to hang out in unsightly fashion ... It was tied tightly around the akroposthion, the part of the foreskin that extends beyond the glans. The kynodesme was worn ... The Greeks, Etruscans, and Romans, appear to have been accustomed to cover the foreskin with the kynodesme (a band), or the ...
History of circumcision
Men were urged to protect: "the best of Your property" and guard their threatened foreskins(!). It was an extraordinary ... The original reason for the surgical removal of the foreskin, or prepuce, was to control 'masturbatory insanity' - the range of ... Hodges, F. M. (Fall 2001). "The ideal prepuce in ancient Greece and Rome: male genital aesthetics and their relation to ... Thus, men who display this signal of sexual obedience may gain social benefits if married men are selected to offer social ...
Circumcision and law
Genesis 17:11-12 Hodges, Frederick M. (2001). "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their ... The tip of the foreskin is richly supplied with blood by important vascular structures. The foreskin serves as a connecting ... Over 25% of male respondents were themselves circumcised; 96% of Muslim men and 89% of Jewish men in the survey said they were ... The Hebrew Bible commands Jews to circumcise their male children on the eighth day of life, and to circumcise their male slaves ...
Christian views on the Old Covenant
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... but Jesus may have considered that the young man was perhaps lacking in this second set, which made him obligated to men. (This ... Since they express man's fundamental duties towards God and towards his neighbour, the Ten Commandments reveal, in their ... Unless males were circumcised, they could not be saved (Acts 15:1)." See, for example, Exodus 12:48. Jewish Encyclopedia: ...
Circumcision controversy in early Christianity
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... Acceptability of male circumcision and predictors of circumcision preference among men and women in Nyanza province Kenya. AIDS ... Unless males were circumcised, they could not be saved (Acts 15:1)." McGrath, page 174: "Paul notes the emergence of a ... Genesis 17:14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken ...
Incident at Antioch
For Greek art portrays the foreskin, often drawn in meticulous detail, as an emblem of male beauty; and children with ... Hodges, Frederick M. (2001). "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to ... Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate ... 5). The text does not specify an Israelite or a Levite or a priest, but simply "a man"-even a Gentile ('Ab. Zarah 26a). [...] R ...
Paul the Apostle and Jewish Christianity
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... Paul writes in his letter to the Romans, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. Is God ... James D. G. Dunn proposes that Peter was a "bridge-man" between the opposing views of Paul and James the Just. For Peter was ... And in that sense, he wrote: "Is any man called being circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised" in 1 Corinthians 7:18- ...
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... The 3,000 men of Jonathan protected Demetrius in his capital, Antioch, against his own subjects. As Demetrius II did not keep ... Jonathan fell into the trap; he took with him to Ptolemais 1,000 men, all of whom were slain; he himself was taken prisoner. ... The fate of the remaining male members of the family under Herod was not a happy one. Aristobulus III, grandson of Aristobulus ...
Council of Jerusalem
For Greek art portrays the foreskin, often drawn in meticulous detail, as an emblem of male beauty; and children with ... Hodges, Frederick M. (2001). "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to ... Men and movements in the primitive church: Studies in early non-Pauline Christianity Clark, A.C. The Acts of the Apostles, A ... Unless males were circumcised, they could not be God's People. The meeting was called to decide whether circumcision for ...
Early centers of Christianity
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... And he arose and went: And behold, a man of Ethiopia, an Eunuch of great authority under Candace, Queen of E-thi-o'pi-ans, who ... Sozomen estimates the total number of Christians killed as follows: The number of men and women whose names have been ... "making themselves foreskins"; I Macc. i. 15; Josephus, "Ant." xii. 5, § 1; Assumptio Mosis, viii.; I Cor. vii. 18;, Tosef., ...
Christianity in the 1st century
For Greek art portrays the foreskin, often drawn in meticulous detail, as an emblem of male beauty; and children with ... Hodges, Frederick M. (2001). "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to ... Jesus as a Figure in History: How Modern Historians View the Man from Galilee by Mark Allan Powell 1998 ISBN 0-664-25703-8 p. ... According to Paula Fredriksen, Paul's opposition to male circumcison for Gentiles is in line with the Old Testament predictions ...
Genital modification and mutilation
A foreskin restoration device may be of help to men pursuing nonsurgical foreskin restoration. While restoration cannot ... Hodges, Frederick M. (2001). "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to ... "Male Circumcision Does Not Result in Inferior Perceived Male Sexual Function - a systematic review". Danish Medical Journal. ... Foreskin restoration is the partial recreation of the foreskin after its removal by circumcision. Surgical restoration involves ...
Hodges, Frederick, M. (2001). "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to ... Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin Restoration, and the Kynodesme" (PDF). The Bulletin of the History of Medicine. 75 (Fall ... see Wolfhart Pannenberg, Jesus-God and Man translated Lewis Wilkins and Duane Pribe (Philadelphia: Westminster, 1968) p. 90; ...
Criticism of Judaism
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... The Jewish practice of brit milah, or circumcision of infant males, has been attacked in both ancient and modern times as " ... But the age of man's maturity called for freedom from the letter, from blind authority, 'from all restriction which curb the ... "cooperate with all men in the establishment of the kingdom of God, of universal brotherhood, Justice, truth, and peace on earth ...
In males, the glans is known as the glans penis, while in females the glans is known as the clitoral glans. In females, the ... The exterior structure of the glans consists of mucous membrane, which is usually covered by foreskin or clitoral hood in ... This covering, called the prepuce, is normally retractable in adulthood. The glans naturally joins with the inner labia, and ... In both male and female spotted hyenas, the base of the glans is covered with penile spines. In the development of the urinary ...
Canine transmissible venereal tumor
In male dogs, the tumor affects the penis and foreskin. In female dogs, it affects the vulva. Rarely, the mouth or nose are ... Signs of genital TVT include a discharge from the prepuce and in some cases urinary retention caused by blockage of the urethra ... A single male can produce dozens of litters over his lifetime, allowing the tumor to affect many more females than it could if ...
Hafada and Guiche Foreskin, Dydoe, Ampallang and Apadravya female: Clitoris piercing Christina piercing Triangle piercing male ... Apadravya Prince Albert Dydoe piercing Reverse Prince Albert piercing Foreskin piercing passes through the penile prepuce on ... Particularly brave men enjoy with the chief's prerogative to be allowed to wear the penis a ring in the scales of the pangolin ... Many men and women of the Victorian royalty chose to receive nipple and genital piercings.″ However, the popularity diminished ...
... develops as part of the labia minora and is homologous with the foreskin (equally called prepuce) in male genitals. The ... The clitoral hood is formed from the same tissues that form the foreskin in human males. The clitoral hood varies in the size, ... The clitoral glans, like the foreskin, must be lubricated by the naturally provided sebum. If a woman's clitoral glans is not ... In female human anatomy, the clitoral hood (also called preputium clitoridis and clitoral prepuce) is a fold of skin that ...
Religious male circumcision
The Books of the Maccabees reveal that many Jewish men chose to undergo epispasm, the ancient practice of foreskin restoration ... Hodges, Frederick M. (2001). "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to ... Cutting off an adult male's foreskin, before the invention of anesthesia, before germ theory, was a bloody, risky and painful ... For Greek art portrays the foreskin, often drawn in meticulous detail, as an emblem of male beauty; and children with ...
The clitoral hood, analogously to the foreskin of the penis in men and also termed, like the latter, by the Latin word prepuce ... The labia minora are homologous to the male urethral surface of the penis. The labia minora extend from the clitoris obliquely ... is an elastic band of tissue attached by its one end to the clitoral shaft and glans and by its other end to the prepuce. It ...
The foreskin is usually non-retractable in early childhood, and some males may reach the age of 18 before their foreskin can be ... Score 1: full retraction of foreskin, tight behind the glans.. *Score 2: partial exposure of glans, prepuce (not congenital ... 0.5%-13% (in uncircumcised males 18 years or older). Phimosis is a condition in which the foreskin of the penis cannot ... There are three mechanical conditions that prevent foreskin retraction: *The tip of the foreskin is too narrow to pass over the ...
When non-erect, it is quite flaccid and contained within the prepuce (foreskin, or sheath). The retractor penis muscle is ... If a stallion is not to be used for breeding, gelding the male horse will allow it to live full-time in a herd with both males ... In some cases, a single younger mature male may be tolerated on the fringes of the herd. One theory is that this young male is ... for an uncastrated male horse dates from this time; stallion = stalled one.) "Stallion" is also used to refer to males of ...
Genital modification and mutilation
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... Foreskin restorationEdit. Main article: Foreskin restoration. Foreskin restoration is the partial recreation of the foreskin ... A foreskin restoration device may be of help to men pursuing nonsurgical foreskin restoration. While restoration cannot ... The World Health Organization estimates that one-third of the world's men are circumcised;the majority of circumcised male ...
... although this term is misleading because it implies it is analogous to the circumcision of the foreskin from the male penis.[76 ... These range from the partial or total removal of the clitoris with or without the prepuce (clitoridectomy) in Type I, to the ... Women also metabolise drugs used to treat depression differently to men. Suicide rates are less in women than men (,1 ... Ricardo, Christine; Verani, Fabio (2010). Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality and Health: A global toolkit for action. ...
Generally, the foreskin automatically and gradually retracts, exposing the glans, though some men may have to manually retract ... When not erect, a horse's penis is housed within the prepuce, 50 centimetres (20 in) long and 2.5 to 6 centimetres (0.98 to ... and it is during this time that the male's penis expands. Unlike human sexual intercourse, where the male penis commonly ... In regards to the average size of a human erect penis, a study of 15,521 men, and the best research to date on the topic, as ...
... develops as part of the labia minora and is homologous with the foreskin (equally called prepuce) in male genitals. ... The clitoral hood is formed from the same tissues that form the foreskin in human males. ... In female human anatomy, the clitoral hood (also called preputium clitoridis and clitoral prepuce) is a fold of skin that ... Cold, C.J.; Taylor, T.R. (1999). "The Prepuce". British Journal of Urology. 83 (1): 34-44.. ...
"How One Company Aims to Help Circumcised Men Grow Their Foreskin Back". Motherboard. Retrieved 2015-12-13.. ... The enlarged and bulbous-shaped end of the corpus spongiosum forms the glans penis, which supports the foreskin, or prepuce, a ... Epithelium of the penis consists of the shaft skin, the foreskin, and the preputial mucosa on the inside of the foreskin and ... A meta-analysis summarizing the evidence found no superior position for young, healthy males. For elderly males with LUTS ...
Religious male circumcision
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... "The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... The Books of the Maccabees reveal that some Jewish men chose to undergo epispasm, foreskin restoration by stretching the ... David went further: "and David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought ...
A male fossa's penis reaches to between his forelegs when erect. When not erect, a horse's penis is housed within the prepuce, ... Generally, the foreskin automatically and gradually retracts, exposing the glans, though some men may have to manually retract ... and it is during this time that the male's penis expands. Unlike human sexual intercourse, where the male penis commonly ... Male erections are common for children and infants, and even occur before birth. The penile plethysmograph which measures ...
Circumcision - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most men report either improvement or no change.. One study, conducted in 2015, determined that the foreskin does not ... "any sexual effect of circumcision must depend solely on the exposure of the glans and not on the absence of the prepuce." ... In fact, several studies conducted among men after adult medical male circumcision suggest that very few men report their ... Age of men illustrationEdit. There are two hadiths which are linked to the acceptance of male circumcision in Islam. They also ...
Kulup Bahasa Melayu, ensiklopedia bebas
Phimosis frenulum and foreskin conditions, phimosis and male initiation *^ a b c Gairdner, D (1949). "The Fate of The Foreskin ... "The prepuce". BJU Int. 83 Supp 1: 34-44.. Parameter ,coauthors=. tidak diketahui diabaikan (guna ,author=. ) (bantuan) ... O'Farrell N, Quigley M, Fox P (2005). "Association between the intact foreskin and inferior standards of male genital hygiene ... Foreskin.org - Many pictures of human foreskin. *Perbezaan di antara zakar bersunat dan tidak bersunat kelihatan di gambar ...
Male circumcision is the removal of the foreskin from the human penis. In the most common procedure, the foreskin is ... During this period in history, Jewish circumcision called for the removal of only a part of the prepuce, and some Hellenized ... "Male circumcision and human papillomavirus infection in men: a systematic review and meta-analysis" (2011), Albero et al. "Male ... "Male circumcision to reduce the risk of HIV and sexually transmitted infections among men who have sex with men". Current ...
Inflammation of the glans penis is known as balanitis, and, occurs in 3-11% of males (up to 35% of diabetic males). Edwards ... The foreskin maintains the mucosa in a moist environment. Circumcised penises have a glans which is permanently exposed and ... In male dogs, the glans penis consists of two parts called the bulbus glandis and pars longa glandis. The glans of a ... Male felids are able to urinate backwards by curving the tip of the glans penis backward. In cats, the glans penis is ...
en Hodges, F.M.: The ideal prepuce in ancient Greece and Rome: male genital aesthetics and their relation to lipodermos, ... Male genital mutilations come in three major forms: A. Circumcision is the removal of the foreskin and is the most common ... en Siegfried, N., Muller, M, Deeks, JJ, Volmink, J: Male circumcision for prevention of heterosexual acquisition of HIV in men ... en The Macquarie Dictionary: "to remove the foreskin of (males) sometimes as a religious rite." (2nd ed., 1991) ...
Foreskin - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Male anatomy. Bulbourethral glands - Corpus cavernosum - Ejaculatory ducts - Epididymis - Foreskin - Frenulum - Glans penis - ... "Human prepuce - structure & function". Indian J Surg 44: 134-7. http://www.cirp.org/library/anatomy/lakshmanan/ ... Human foreskin[change , change source]. The outside of the foreskin is like normal skin but the inside of the foreskin is a ... The foreskin is a fold of skin that covers the glans penis when the penis is uncircumcised. Most mammals have foreskin. ...
Frenulum of prepuce of penis
Repeated stimulation of this structure will cause orgasm and ejaculation in men. In men with spinal cord injury preventing ... and helps contract the foreskin over the glans. Along with the ridged bands at the tip of the foreskin, it is considered to be ... The frenulum of prepuce of penis, often known simply as the frenulum, is a highly erogenous elastic band of tissue under the ... Frenulum breve is a condition in which the frenulum is short and restricts the movement of the foreskin, which may or may not ...
For males who have not been circumcised, stimulation of the penis typically comes from the "pumping" of the foreskin, whereby ... ISBN 978-1-4422-1305-0. Ornella Moscucci, "Male masturbation and the offending prepuce," at: "Circumcision Information and ... Men may also rub or massage the glans, the rim of the glans, and the frenular delta. Some men place both hands directly on ... 73% of men and 37% of women reported masturbating in the four weeks before their interview, while 53% of men and 18% of women ...
Frenulectomy of the penis
... is a surgical procedure for cutting and removal of the frenulum of prepuce of penis, to correct a ... This condition prevents the full retraction of the foreskin with or without an erection. It is a simple and normally painless ... Tan, Dr (2018-06-15). "Frenulum Breve - The Frenulum Breve Treatment in Singapore!". Men's Health Clinic. Retrieved 2020-04-24. ... but usually the only discomfort is from the pricking of the stitches on the foreskin. Once the stitches are removed, in about 7 ...
Redness of the foreskin Redness of the penis Other rashes on the head of the penis Foul smelling discharge Painful foreskin and ... Balanitis "is a common condition affecting 11% of adult men seen in urology clinics and 3% of children" in the United States; ... A dog with this condition behaves normally, with the exception of excessive licking at the prepuce, and a yellow green, pus- ... When the foreskin is also affected, the proper term is balanoposthitis. Balanitis on boys still in diapers must be ...
He regards the foreskin an unneeded organ that God created in man, and so by amputating it, the man is completed. The author of ... Brit Milah is just [ritually] nicking or amputating the protruding tip of the prepuce... Gollaher, David (2001). Circumcision: ... 14 And the uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that soul shall be cut off from his people; ... For Greek art portrays the foreskin, often drawn in meticulous detail, as an emblem of male beauty; and children with ...
... /ˈpriːpjuːs/, or as an adjective, preputial /prɪˈpjuːʃəl/, refers to two homologous structures of male and female ... genitals: Clitoral hood, skin surrounding and protecting the head of the clitoris Foreskin, skin surrounding and protecting the ... and protecting the head of the penis in other animals This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prepuce ...
Human Physiology/The male reproductive system - Wikibooks, open books for an open world
The distal end of the penis is called the glans penis and is covered with a fold of skin called the prepuce or foreskin. Within ... B) male sperm are lighter. C) female sperm are faster. D) male sperm are weaker. E) A and B. F) C and D. 4. The entire process ... Male reproductive organ and also male organ of urination. Prostate gland Surrounds the urethra just below the urinary bladder ... Sperm, the male gamete, and a secondary oocyte (along with first polar body and corona radiata), the male gamete must meet in ...
Foreskin Morbidity in Uncircumcised Males | American Academy of Pediatrics
Prepuce: phimosis, paraphimosis, and circumcision. ScientificWorldJournal. 2011;11:289-301pmid:21298220. ... Foreskin Morbidity in Uncircumcised Males Message Subject (Your Name) has sent you a message from American Academy of ... CONCLUSIONS: Childhood foreskin-related problems in a region with no tradition of newborn male circumcision should not be ... but still had previous foreskin-related problems. So, also, the total number of patients in the Capital Region with foreskin- ...
Foreskin Morbidity in Uncircumcised Males | Articles | Pediatrics
Prepuce: phimosis, paraphimosis, and circumcision. ScientificWorldJournal. 2011;11:289-301pmid:21298220. ... CONCLUSIONS: Childhood foreskin-related problems in a region with no tradition of newborn male circumcision should not be ... but still had previous foreskin-related problems. So, also, the total number of patients in the Capital Region with foreskin- ... Male circumcision. Pediatrics. 2012;130(3). Available at: www.pediatrics.org/cgi/content/full/130/3/e756pmid:22926175. ...
The Penis (Human Anatomy): Diagram, Function, Conditions, and More
Covering the glans is the foreskin (prepuce). In circumcised men, the foreskin is surgically removed and the mucosa on the ... Balanoposthitis: Balanitis that also involves the foreskin (in an uncircumcised man).. *Chordee: An abnormal curvature of the ... When a man becomes sexually aroused, nerves cause penis blood vessels to expand. More blood flows in and less flows out of the ... In adult men, this can occur after penis infections.. *Balanitis: Inflammation of the glans penis, usually due to infection. ...
Free Medical Flashcards about Male Repro Terms
Free flashcards to help memorize facts about Terminology of the Male Reproductive System. Other activities to help include ... prepuce fold of skin covering the tip of the penis. also called foreskin ... Male Repro Terms. Terminology of the Male Reproductive System. Term. Definition. interstitial cell in the testes, these cells ... exocrine gland, in men, at tthe base of the urinary bladder. the prostate gland secretes the fluid part of semen into the ...
Nonmalignant Dermatologic Diseases of the Male Genitalia: Introduction, Definition of Terms, and Anatomy, Trichomycosis and...
The prepuce (foreskin) covers the glans. It is a thin loose covering of keratinizing skin with associated underlying eccrine ( ... In men, it is commonly referred to as BXO, as it usually involves the glans penis and the foreskin. Uncircumcised males are ... In males, the glans, prepuce, coronal sulcus, and shaft of the penis are most commonly affected. (See the images below.) ... 82] Young males in the second and third decades are most commonly affected, but lesions can also present in older males. Rare ...
The Foreskin: and Why You Should Keep It: Carnes, Samuel M: 9781522747857: Amazon.com: Books
The Foreskin: and Why You Should Keep It ... The Foreskin: and Why You Should Keep It [Carnes, Samuel M] on ... All mammals, male and female, have a protective and sensitive prepuce! Find out why its a beneficial body part that nature ... Cut ( "circumcised") men need to understand how they have been robbed and lied to.. As a cut dad of two intact teens, I am very ... Start reading The Foreskin and Why You Should Keep It on your Kindle in under a minute. Dont have a Kindle? Get your Kindle ...
Quantitative Measurement of the Androgen Receptor in Prepuces of Boys With and Without Hypospadias
Patients and methods: Data from 40 foreskin specimens of consecutive circumcised boys (20 with vs 20 without hypospadias) were ... Quantitative Measurement of the Androgen Receptor in Prepuces of Boys With and Without Hypospadias BJU Int. 2013 Jul;112(2):265 ... Objective: To address the role of the androgen receptor (AR) on mRNA and protein levels in prepuces of boys with and without ... The aim of the present study was to quantify and compare the androgen receptor (AR; mRNA and protein) levels in 40 prepuces of ...
Interview with Matthew Hess of 'Foreskin Man' - Heeb
The foreskin (prepuce) of a woman is commonly referred to as the clitoral hood. Every male and female has a foreskin. Those who ... As I stated earlier, the images in Foreskin Man #2 are not anti-Jewish any more than the images in Foreskin Man #1 are anti- ... Foreskin Man Steals The Golems Prepuce from the Smithsonian. http://ayidindixieland.blogspot.com/2011/07/foreskin-man-steals- ... "Foreskin Man." We sat down with him to talk about that, and his preferred candidates to play Foreskin Man on the big screen.. ...
Hard to pull foreskin back, should I be Paranoid? - Sexual Health - Men Message Board - HealthBoards
I am uncircumsiced and I have never been told that I needed to pull the foreskin back. So now that I know, Ive tried it and ... The foreskin is also called the prepuce. It is attached under the pee hole or meatus by a y-shaped piece of skin called the ... Mens Health. 7. 07-26-2005 03:36 AM. How far can a male pull back his foreskin? worriedmale17. Sexual Health - Men. 2. 12-05- ... Sexual Health - Men Message Board HealthBoards , Men , Sexual Health - Men > Hard to pull foreskin back, should I be Paranoid? ...
Free Anatomy Flashcards about A&P II: Reproductive
circumcision removes the (foreskin). prepuce. male erection stimulus receptors. skin around and on the genitals. ... male gonads that produce male sperm and male sex hormone. testes. part of testes where sperm are produced. seminiferous tubules ... male erection efferent pathway. parasympathetic fibers release nitrous oxide (NO). male erection effector and reflex response. ... male sex gland that secretes mucus. bulbourethral gland. seminal vesicle empty into/come from the ejaculatory duct. empty into ...
Male Circumcision: It Should Not Be a Major Concern for Humanists | Center for Inquiry
The prepuce (foreskin is not a birth defect. I look forward to the day when boys under 18 get equal protection under the law. ... The male prepuce is highly innervated and functional tissue. It is no more superfluous than the female prepuce (or clitoris, ... 5. How male childrens brains are shaped by their parents is more important than whether or not their penis retains a foreskin. ... As for the role of the male prepuce in sexual response and function, its loss is manifestly harmful commensurate with the loss ...
Male Reproductive System Flashcards by Ashley Auspelmyer | Brainscape
Study Male Reproductive System flashcards from Ashley Auspelmyer ... a tightness of the prepuce (foreskin of the penis) that ... the principal male sex hormone. Its chief function is to stimulate the development of the male reproductive organs and ... fold of skin covering the glans penis in uncircumcised males (foreskin of the penis) ... primary male sex organs, paired, oval-shaped, and enclosed in a sac called the scrotum. The testes produce spermatozoa (sperm ...
Biblical Studies/New Testament Commentaries/Galatians/Chapter 5 - Wikibooks, open books for an open world
CIRCUMCISION: "The act of cutting off the foreskin (prepuce) of the male genital. Among the Hebrews circumcision was a ... 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You have ... 3- Let me reiterate to you that a man who has received circumcision is under the umbrella of the entire law. 4-You have been ... The Expositors Commentary makes a note that is vital to the understanding of this verse, "The Spirit is not natural to man in ...
Ethics of circumcision - Wikipedia
Male circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin (prepuce) from the human penis. The ethics of circumcision in ... Male circumcision reduces the risk of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) transmission from HIV+ women to men. The World Health ... He concludes that there can be no debate about male circumcision, arguing that "it can bring major improvements to both male ... The Local) 5 December 2016 [archived 6 January 2020]. "Male circumcision does not result in inferior perceived male sexual ...
Can Obama live up to expectations? - Page 5 - ExRx.net
The foreskin or prepuce is not a useless part anyway. The glans or head of the penis is meant to be internal. The prepuce also ... This slight callousing can cause decreased sensation in some circumcised men. In some men it is extreme enough that they have ... The only difference it seems between you and me, is that you want to have a middle man who is all powerful, to whom you can say ... There are even those who choose to stretch out what foreskin they have left over a period of a couple years, in order to get ...
Penis Rash or Infection -Doctors Lounge(TM)
Balanitis involving the foreskin or prepuce is termed balanoposthitis. The most common complication of balanitis is phimosis, ... I am a 29 year old male and I just started having a problem with my non-circumsized penis. At first It started itching, then I ... After, the foreskin started to get swollen. Now its hard for me to expose my penis from my foreskin due to it being swollen and ... These often are due to a poorly retractile foreskin and poor hygiene that leads to colonization and overgrowth. Anaerobic ...
Penis - Wikipedia
Males have a relatively small baculum (penis bone) compared to their size. The scrotum, penis, and prepuce are usually coated ... When non-erect, it is quite flaccid and contained within the prepuce (foreskin, or sheath). Tapirs have exceptionally long ... While most male birds have no external genitalia, male waterfowl (Anatidae) have a phallus. Most birds mate with the males ... Male and female emus are similar in appearance, although the males penis can become visible when it defecates. The male ...
What is the difference between Peyronie's disease/disorder and phimosis? | Yahoo Answers
Phimosis is a hardening or keratinization in most cases of the prepuce or foreskin in uncircumsized men. While it can happen to ... Phimosis, I believe, happens in uncircumcised men when the foreskin is pulled back behind the head of the penis and basically ... it is most often found in uncut men. This is easily remedied by stretching of the foreskin. If the condition is bad enough, it ... Bottlenecking can be a result of phimosis, as the head is trapped in front of the foreskin when it is pulled back due to the ...
Phimosis in Children
... of males at birth are noticed to have a nonretractile foreskin. This is due to naturally occurring adhesions between prepuce ... Conventional Male Circumcision. In this case, the phimotic foreskin is totally excised. Circumcision is one of the oldest ... The prepuce is adhered to glans and this separates over time. Enthusiastic attempts to retract foreskin in physiological ... "Phimosis" is inability to withdraw the narrowed penile foreskin or prepuce behindthe glans penis . It is a not so uncommon ...
theTrumpet.com | World News, Economics and Analysis Based on Bible Prophecy
The glans penis is covered with a foreskin, called the prepuce. The size of the prepuce varies. In many if not most cases, it ... And that is the true potential dignity of man!. Truly, most men who prate around in their vanity about "the dignity of man" ... That is all the dominion God has given mortal man-yet! And man has polluted and misused it all! Not satisfied with that, man is ... Between the prepuce and the glans of the uncircumcised boy-or man-is secreted a tallow-like substance, called smegma. Left ...
Phimosis and Paraphimosis: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Patient Education
Phimosis refers to the inability to retract the distal foreskin over the glans penis. Physiologic phimosis occurs naturally in ... The uncircumcised male penis comprises the penile shaft, the glans penis, the coronal sulcus, and the foreskin/prepuce, as ... In phimosis, the prepuce (foreskin) is too tight to be retracted to reveal the glans penis. Physiologic phimosis occurs ... One to five percent of males will have nonretractible foreskins by age 16 years. [1, 2, 5] ...
Edit this page [e]
Foreskin piercing passes through the penile prepuce on the dorsal, ventral or lateral side. It is required that the male isnt ... Male genital piercings. Possible piercing sites on the male genitalia include the glans, the skin of the penis shaft, the ... "Introduction to Male Genital Piercings".. *^ The Point Archived 2012-03-25 at the Wayback Machine - An Approach to Genital ... The young men through the tattoo, because it is performed by them only to a limited extent, much less than women to suffer for ...
balanoposthitis - Wordsmith.org
Balanoposthitis is the inflammation of the glans penis and the foreskin in uncircumsized males. The word was coined from two ... PIE *gwel- oak), Gk ποσθη (posthe) membrum virile; prepuce, -itis ISV inflammation of. May be caused by phimosis, or an ... Phimosis is from Gk φιμωσις (phimosis) muzzling, silencing; stopping up of an orifice; contraction of the prepuce fr φιμος ( ... Ive only heard it simplified to "balanitis," meaning glans and prepuce both, even from urologists. Unless of course theyre ...
2019 Male ICD-10-CM Codes, Page 2/6
Adherent prepuce, newborn. 2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Newborn/Neonate Dx (0 years) Male Dx ... Deficient foreskin. 2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Male Dx ICD-10-CM Code N47.4 ... Other inflammatory diseases of prepuce. 2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Male Dx Use Additional*code (B95-B97), to ... Adhesions of prepuce and glans penis. 2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Male Dx ...
Complications of Body Piercing - American Family Physician
Piercing sites in men include the penile glans and urethra, foreskin, and scrotum; sites in women include the clitoral prepuce ... 11 The foreskin may be reduced manually after a penile nerve block. If this maneuver is unsuccessful, the prepuce can be ... PIERCINGS IN MEN. Jewelry inserted through the glans penis often interrupts urinary flow. Paraphimosis (i.e., the inability to ... replace a retracted foreskin) has been associated with urethral and glans piercings in uncircumcised men. ...
Frontiers | Does Male Circumcision Reduce Women's Risk of Sexually Transmitted Infections, Cervical Cancer, and Associated...
... is proven to substantially reduce mens risk of a number of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). We conducted a detailed ... is proven to substantially reduce mens risk of a number of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). We conducted a detailed ... Scientific evidence consistently points to the vulnerability of the male prepuce (foreskin) to infection (45). Not only does ... male education level, males frequency of genital washing after intercourse, and males lifetime number of sexual partners, the ...
Articles from Dr. Vikram Chauhan | Selfgrowth.com - Page 2
It is one of the commonest conditions among teenagers and adult males.Phimosis can also occur .... Views: 1372. Average: 0 ... Phimosis (literally meaning muzzle) is a condition where you find very tight foreskin, which makes it difficult to pull back ... The worst nightmare for a man is seeing his hair fall, which means that he is getting old. But this is not true, even young ... There occurs, inflammation of the glans penis (balanitis) and foreskin (posthitis).The glans (head) are the round tip of the ...
Circumcision and law - Wikipedia
"The Ideal Prepuce in Ancient Greece and Rome: Male Genital Aesthetics and Their Relation to Lipodermos, Circumcision, Foreskin ... "Supreme Court: Male Circumcision Not A Crime".. *^ "Finland Considers Legalising Male Circumcision". Ylesiradio. 2 August 2008 ... The Hebrew Bible commands Jews to circumcise their male children on the eighth day of life, and to circumcise their male slaves ... Violence against men. References. *^ a b German court rules circumcision is bodily harm, BBC News Europe. Retrieved 13 ...
PenisRemoval of the foreskinPhimosisFrenulumParaphimosisCalled the glansRetractionBalanitisCovers the glansErectionAnatomyTight foreskinInner ForeskinTissueScrotumFunction of the foreskinPenile shaftFunctions of the foreskinPull foreskin backReceptorsMasturbationBalanoposthitisInfectionPreputialFoldClitorisPubertySurgically removedLangerhansNerve endingsAmerican Academy ofGenital MutilationReproductive systemHypospadiasNewbornLong foreskinOuter ForeskinCorpus spongiosumCoronalCircumcision removesSurgicalMucosaRetractableSkinRestorationTestisOrganMucousAdultFemale circumcisionMan'sHygieneGenitaliaUrethralGlandsInfantMedicallyFirstly
- The penis is the male sex organ, reaching its full size during puberty. (webmd.com)
- Glans (head) of the penis: In uncircumcised men, the glans is covered with pink, moist tissue called mucosa. (webmd.com)
- When a man becomes sexually aroused, nerves cause penis blood vessels to expand. (webmd.com)
- Phimosis (paraphimosis): The foreskin cannot be retracted or if retracted cannot be returned to its normal position over the penis head. (webmd.com)
- In adult men, this can occur after penis infections. (webmd.com)
- The male external genitalia are composed of the penis and scrotum. (medscape.com)
- Some men can retract their foreskin easily when their penis is flaccid (soft) but experience difficulty when erect. (healthboards.com)
- Paraphimosis occurs when the foreskin gets stuck behind the glans of an erect penis, trapping the blood that causes the erection in the glans and causing swelling of the foreskin itself. (healthboards.com)
- If the foreskin becomes stuck squeeze the head of the penis firmly to force the blood out and try and ease the foreskin forward. (healthboards.com)
- Male circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin (prepuce) from the human penis. (wikipedia.org)
- I am a 29 year old male and I just started having a problem with my non-circumsized penis. (doctorslounge.com)
- Now its hard for me to expose my penis from my foreskin due to it being swollen and I keep on feeling something coming out rather than urine. (doctorslounge.com)
- Hello, Balanitis is inflammation of the glans penis commonly seen in uncircumscribed men. (doctorslounge.com)
- The most common complication of balanitis is phimosis, or inability to retract the foreskin from the glans penis. (doctorslounge.com)
- A penis (plural penises or penes /-niːz/) is the primary sexual organ that male animals use to inseminate sexually receptive mates (usually females and hermaphrodites respectively) during copulation. (wikipedia.org)
- Such organs occur in many animals, both vertebrate and invertebrate, but males do not bear a penis in every animal species, and in those species in which the male does bear a so-called penis, the penes in the various species are not necessarily homologous. (wikipedia.org)
- For example, the penis of a mammal is at most analogous to the penis of a male insect or barnacle. (wikipedia.org)
- Most male birds (e.g., roosters and turkeys) have a cloaca (also present on the female), but not a penis. (wikipedia.org)
- Male and female emus are similar in appearance, although the male's penis can become visible when it defecates. (wikipedia.org)
- The male tinamou has a corkscrew shaped penis, similar to those of the ratites and to the hemipenis of some reptiles. (wikipedia.org)
- It is normally seen in younger children due to adhesions between prepuce and glans penis. (hindawi.com)
- Phimosis" is inability to withdraw the narrowed penile foreskin or prepuce behindthe glans penis [ 1 ]. (hindawi.com)
- The integument of the penis in front folds on itself to form the prepuce or foreskin. (hindawi.com)
- Again this can be helped over time as in stretching the foreskin, you can 'jelq' or manually enlarge the head of your penis to counteract the physical appearance. (yahoo.com)
- Phimosis, I believe, happens in uncircumcised men when the foreskin is pulled back behind the head of the penis and basically gets stuck there. (yahoo.com)
- Balanoposthitis is the inflammation of the glans penis and the foreskin in uncircumsized males. (wordsmith.org)
- In phimosis, the prepuce (foreskin) is too tight to be retracted to reveal the glans penis. (medscape.com)
- The uncircumcised male penis comprises the penile shaft, the glans penis, the coronal sulcus, and the foreskin/prepuce, as shown below. (medscape.com)
- The main goal of each method is to reduce the foreskin to its naturally occurring position over the glans penis by manipulating the edematous glans and/or the distal prepuce. (medscape.com)
- The young men through the tattoo, because it is performed by them only to a limited extent, much less than women to suffer for it but they must in order to gain their full manhood, subject of another test, namely the through-hole the glans penis. (rug.nl)
- Foreskin -- A piece of skin surrounding the head of the penis . (jackinworld.com)
- Hand Job -- (slang) Stimulating a male to orgasm by another person, using the hands on the penis . (jackinworld.com)
- Adhesions between the prepuce and the head of the penis, as well as strictures of the foreskin, require veterinary attention. (stabroeknews.com)
- Research on use of topical microbicides on the male genitalia has only examined potential adverse effects on the penis of microbicides intended for intravaginal or rectal use. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The purpose of this randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, crossover trial is to assess the safety and acceptability of 62% ethanol in emollient gel (intervention) and 15% ethanol in emollient gel (placebo), applied to the penis by men each morning and after every sexual exposure. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The glans is the thicker part at the end of your penis and the foreskin is the small bit of skin that covers and protects the glans. (teljeunes.com)
- The male pelvic organs include the penis and various glands and ducts. (dummies.com)
- The male urethra is a muscular tube that runs through the prostate, perineal membrane and muscles, and the penis from the internal urethral orifice of the urinary bladder to the external urethral orifice located at the tip of the glans penis (the bulbous structure at the distal end). (dummies.com)
- The glans penis is covered by a double layer of skin called the prepuce, or foreskin. (dummies.com)
- First, an intact penis glides in the foreskin during intercourse, reducing friction. (cmaj.ca)
- Male complications resulting from FGM, such as difficulty in penetration, wounds/infections on the penis and psychological problems were described by a majority of the men. (circumstitions.com)
- Circumcision and/or foreskin retraction of the penis are present in most of the works. (circumstitions.com)
- You are the male organ of copulation and of urinary excretion, comprising a root, body and extremity or glans penis. (ilxor.com)
- If you know anything about the development of the foreskin in children you will also know that 6 month olds cannot have phimosis and that it is both normal and good for babies to have a tight foreskin as it protects the penis underneath from feces. (topdocumentaryfilms.com)
- The foreskin of my penis keep shrinking and unable to be pull back for cleaning. (healthtap.com)
- I've been using and anti fungal cream mixed with steroid for my infected foreskin, it seems my penis is shrinking, is this possible, can it be helped? (healthtap.com)
- This is a fold of tissue that covers the glans penis and is removed should a male be circumcised. (healthtap.com)
- An uncircumcised penis is the natural default state, present at birth, with the foreskin intact. (verywellfamily.com)
- When a male child is born, his penis still has a layer of skin protection over the head (glans). (verywellfamily.com)
- At birth, the foreskin is still attached to the head of the penis. (verywellfamily.com)
- As the boy gets older, the foreskin begins to separate naturally from the head of the penis (retract). (verywellfamily.com)
- Never pull hard on the foreskin to separate it from the tip of the penis. (verywellfamily.com)
- In addition to pain and bleeding, the trauma of pulling on the foreskin can cause a kind of scar tissue to form between the foreskin and the head of the penis. (verywellfamily.com)
- The foreskin usually doesn't completely separate from the head of the penis until the time puberty hits, although it sometimes happens in boys as young as 5 years old. (verywellfamily.com)
- Simply pull the foreskin back away from the end of the penis as far as is comfortable, wash the head of the penis and the inside fold of the foreskin and rinse well with water (soap can irritate the sensitive skin on the head of the penis), then pull the foreskin back over the penis. (verywellfamily.com)
- If your son has hit puberty and the foreskin is still stuck to the head of the penis , it may be time to call your pediatrician or family healthcare provider. (verywellfamily.com)
- If the foreskin won't retract at all, the foreskin may still be attached to the head of the penis, which can be normal depending on the child's age. (verywellfamily.com)
- Additionally, the end of the foreskin can become too tight for it to come back over the head of the penis. (verywellfamily.com)
- With paraphimosis, the foreskin has been pushed back over the head of the penis, but it becomes stuck behind the head so that it can't be pulled back down over the glans. (verywellfamily.com)
- Male circumcision is a minor surgery involving the partial or total removal of the prepuce or foreskin of the penis. (ispub.com)
- Male circumcision is the removal of some or the entire foreskin (prepuce) from the penis. (wikigender.org)
- Type I - excision or injury of part or all of the skin and specialized mucosal tissues of the penis including the prepuce and frenulum (circumcision, dorsal slit without closure). (wikigender.org)
- This condition is caused by pulling back the foreskin behind the coronal ridge of the glans or head of the penis, without its subsequent replacement to its normal position. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Cancer of the penis is an extremely rare disease and, in the early part of the last century, was almost unheard of in circumcised men. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- A review of the scientific literature, however, reveals that the actual effect of circumcision is the destruction of the clinically-demonstated hygienic and immunological pro … perties of the prepuce and intact penis. (answers.com)
- The loss of the protective, self-lubricating, mobile, double-layered prepuce exposes the glans penis and meatus to direct friction, abrasion, and trauma. (answers.com)
- The circumciser is the person that cuts the prepuce away from the penis. (answers.com)
- Male circumcision is usually an elective surgery to remove the foreskin (prepuce), a fold of skin that covers and protects the rounded tip of the penis (glans). (answers.com)
- Foreskin restoration is the process of expanding the residual skin on the penis, via surgical or non-surgical methods, to create the appearance of a natural foreskin (prepuce) covering the glans penis . (bionity.com)
- In classical Greek times the exposure of the glans of the penis was considered offensive and men with short foreskin would wear the Kynodesme to prevent its accidental exposure. (bionity.com)
- The human penis is perfect as it is, with the foreskin intact. (doctorsopposingcircumcision.org)
- The surgical removal of the foreskin of the penis or prepuce. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Some of the medical reasons parents choose circumcision are to protect against infections of the urinary tract and the foreskin, prevent cancer , lower the risk of getting sexually transmitted diseases , and prevent phimosis (a tightening of the foreskin that may close the opening of the penis). (thefreedictionary.com)
- There are also indications that circumcised men are less likely to suffer from penile cancer , inflammation of the penis, or have many sexually transmitted diseases. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Circumcision should not be performed on infants with certain deformities of the penis that may require a portion of the foreskin for repair. (thefreedictionary.com)
- condition for surgery using the foreskin is hypospadias, a congenital deformity of the penis where the urinary tract opening is not at the tip of the glans. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. (medhelp.org)
- The head of the penis (glans) has a covering, called the foreskin (prepuce). (cirp.org)
- The foreskin is not a `flap' of skin on the end of the penis, and it is not `useless' or `redundant' skin. (cirp.org)
- The outer foreskin layer is a continuation of the skin of the shaft of the penis. (cirp.org)
- When the penis is not erect, it tightens to narrow the foreskin opening. (cirp.org)
- The most important components of the physical erogenous stimulation of the penis during foreplay and intercourse are the sensations from the foreskin, frenulum/frenar band, and glans. (cirp.org)
- The male is strapped down or restrained, his penis is clamped, crushed, and the foreskin is sliced away from his body. (avoiceformen.com)
-  Some of the surgical procedures are breast augmentation and vaginoplasty (creation of a vagina) for trans women and mastectomy (breast removal), metoidioplasty (elongation of the clitoris), and phalloplasty (creation of a penis) for trans men . (wikipedia.org)
- A foreskin infection also inflames the head of the penis and all the nerves there, left untreated it worsens and becomes more painful, not better. (circinfo.net)
- This article will familiarize the reader with the male genitalexamination through review of important anatomical structuresand landmarks, benign findings of the penis, and common nonpainfulmasses in the scrotum. (contemporarypediatrics.com)
- The two labia minora meet at the clitoris, a small, sensitive protrusion that is comparable to the penis in males. (smore.com)
- The clitoris is covered by a fold of skin , called the prepuce, which is similar to the foreskin at the end of the penis. (smore.com)
- To compile the information for this review a Medline search was done using the terms circumcision, HIV, Langerhans' cells, penis, foreskin, and prepuce, and extensive email correspondence with other researchers was also undertaken. (bmj.com)
- These photos provide a standard reference useful in gauging foreskin coverage of the penis. (restoringforeskin.org)
- The circumferential scar on the penis that indicates where the scalpel, clamp, or other cutting or crushing device cut off the foreskin . (restoringforeskin.org)
- Nevertheless, one might speculate that the foreskin in primitive humans or pre-humans could have protected the head of the penis from long grass, shrubbery, etc when our primitive ancestors wore no clothes. (circinfo.net)
- For any who aren t sure what "circumcision" means, it is the surgical removal of the foreskin of the penis or prepuce, usually at birth. (hitchedmag.com)
- Male circumcision is defined as the partial or total surgical removal of the foreskin (also called prepuce ), which is specialized tissue that covers the head (or glans ) of the penis. (evidencebasedbirth.com)
- The foreskin is a fold of skin that covers the glans penis when the penis is uncircumcised. (wikipedia.org)
- The foreskin is attached to the penis by the frenulum , but it can move. (wikipedia.org)
-  The five most sensitive areas of the penis are on the foreskin. (wikipedia.org)
- The World Health Organization say that there are lots of uses for the foreskin, such as keeping the glans penis moist , protecting it or to make sexual intercourse feel nicer since it has so many nerves in it. (wikipedia.org)
- Loose skin encloses the penis and also forms the retractable foreskin, or prepuce. (thefreedictionary.com)
- PATIENT CONCERNS: A 19-year-old man presented with a mass on the glans penis, incidentally found during a circumcision performed at a local urology clinic 3 months before visiting our department. (bvsalud.org)
- The foreskin is a natural and integral part of a man's penis, containing tens of thousands of nerve receptors found nowhere else in a man's genitalia. (tikkun.org)
- The foreskin glides up and down on the penis, providing pleasure to both a man and his partner, and keeps the head of the penis moist and sensitive. (tikkun.org)
- The transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce (foreskin) is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. (tikkun.org)
- Most of the intact men I've spoken to say they enjoy having a foreskin , and they feel lucky to have escaped the circumcision lottery with penis intact. (tikkun.org)
- And when the topic is brought up, a lot of men get defensive because it's difficult in this culture to admit that one's penis-the center of many men's definition of manhood-is somehow less than it should be. (tikkun.org)
- The prepuce is an integral, normal part of the external genitalia that forms the anatomical covering of the glans penis and clitoris. (cirp.org)
- The outer epithelium has the protective function of internalising the glans (clitoris and penis), urethral meatus (in the male) and the inner preputial epithelium, thus decreasing external irritation or contamination. (cirp.org)
- The male prepuce also provides adequate mucosa and skin to cover the entire penis during erection. (cirp.org)
- This results in a common mucosal epithelium of the glans penis and the inner mucosal lining of the prepuce. (cirp.org)
- The squamous mucosa of the glans penis, coronal sulcus and prepuce should be considered as one tissue compartment [ 10 ] with a common cytokeratin polypeptide pattern [ 13 ]. (cirp.org)
- The fused mucosa of the glans penis and the inner lining of the prepuce separates gradually over years, as a spontaneous biological process. (cirp.org)
- or prepuce) Loose skin covering the glans (bulbous end of the shaft of the penis). (thefreedictionary.com)
- This image depicts the penis of a male patient, which displayed pathologic changes on the preputial skin, i.e., foreskin, which was determined to be balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO). (cdc.gov)
- This image depicts the penis of a male patient, which had been pulled upward revealing an ulcerative wound in the region of the frenulum of the prepuce, or foreskin. (cdc.gov)
- Squamous-cell carcinoma (cancer of the penis) is almost unknown among males who have been circumcised. (giveshare.org)
- The penis is the copulatory organ of the external male genitalia. (kenhub.com)
Removal of the foreskin6
- The myth that removal of the foreskin materially affects sexual pleasure is just that: a myth. (centerforinquiry.net)
- Circumcision -- The removal of the foreskin by a surgical procedure. (jackinworld.com)
- Male circumcision involves the removal of the foreskin. (wikigender.org)
- Circumcision is a surgical procedure that involves partial or complete removal of the foreskin (prepuce). (netdoctor.co.uk)
- A difference exists between men and women because of the benefits that exist for the male that gets circumcised, since the removal of the foreskin prevents the gathering of urine in the foreskin which may cause inflammation or urine later contaminating clothing upon walking, especially since such impurity of clothes would spoil prayers. (islamicboard.com)
-  The removal of the foreskin, the circumcision, reduces diseases. (wikipedia.org)
- A surprisingly high incidence and morbidity related to phimosis in boys from a well-defined catchment area where a strict foreskin-preserving culture is dominating could be demonstrated. (aappublications.org)
- 2 However, few studies have investigated the morbidity related to the incidence of phimosis and results of foreskin surgery in childhood. (aappublications.org)
- Although some men manage to live with phimosis there are some disadvantages to having a non-retractable foreskin. (healthboards.com)
- Phimosis is nonretraction of prepuce. (hindawi.com)
- In physiologic phimosis, the distal portion of foreskin is healthy and pouts with gentle traction. (hindawi.com)
- Phimosis is a hardening or keratinization in most cases of the prepuce or foreskin in uncircumsized men. (yahoo.com)
- Bottlenecking can be a result of phimosis, as the head is trapped in front of the foreskin when it is pulled back due to the constrictiveness of the skin. (yahoo.com)
- May be caused by phimosis , or an abnormal tightness of the foreskin preventing retraction over the glans. (wordsmith.org)
- Physiologic phimosis occurs naturally in newborn males. (medscape.com)
- Pathologic phimosis defines an inability to retract the foreskin after it was previously retractible or after puberty, usually secondary to distal scarring of the foreskin. (medscape.com)
- Physiologic phimosis results from adhesions between the epithelial layers of the inner prepuce and glans. (medscape.com)
- These adhesions spontaneously dissolve with intermittent foreskin retraction and erections, so that as males grow, physiologic phimosis resolves with age. (medscape.com)
- Forceful retraction of the foreskin leads to microtears at the preputial orifice that also leads to scarring and phimosis. (medscape.com)
- Patients with phimosis, both physiologic and pathologic, are at risk for developing paraphimosis when the foreskin is forcibly retracted past the glans and/or the patient or caretaker forgets to replace the foreskin after retraction. (medscape.com)
- Pathologic phimosis may be detected in males who report painful erections, hematuria, recurrent urinary tract infections, preputial pain, or a weakened urinary stream. (medscape.com)
- Up to 10% of males will have physiologic phimosis at 3 years of age, and a larger percentage of children will have only partially retractible foreskins. (medscape.com)
- In a Danish study, phimosis was the most frequently reported indication (95.0%) for foreskin surgery in boys younger than 18 years. (medscape.com)
- In 1949, British physician Dr. Douglas Gairdner explored the "fate of the foreskin" in an oft-cited paper in which he noted that some of the health problems prompting adult men to seek circumcision, including phimosis (trouble retracting foreskin) and balanitis (inflammation of the glans), do not apply to infants ( BMJ 1949;2:1433-7). (cmaj.ca)
- Ballooning of the foreskin and physiological phimosis: is there any objective evidence of obstructed voiding? (circumstitions.com)
- Physiological phimosis with or without ballooning of the prepuce is not associated with noninvasive objective measures of obstructed voiding. (circumstitions.com)
- I have phimosis and tear my foreskin by accident is it normal for the foreskin to shrink again? (healthtap.com)
- Am not a believer in stretching foreskin by itself to correct phimosis. (healthtap.com)
- A remedy which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision, especially when there is any degree of phimosis [tight foreskin]. (mum.org)
- When the foreskin is unduly long, it gives rise to the condition having the medical name of phimosis (fi-mo sis). (historyofcircumcision.net)
- The small percentage of adults who have a persistently non-retractable foreskin have a slightly increased chance of developing phimosis (see below). (netdoctor.co.uk)
- In phimosis the opening of the foreskin is narrowed, preventing retraction. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Foreskin restoration techniques are most commonly undertaken by men who have been circumcised or who have sustained an injury, but are also used by uncircumcised men who desire a longer foreskin and by men who have phimosis . (bionity.com)
- Phimosis and penile cancer are very rare, even in men who have not been circumcised. (thefreedictionary.com)
- NOHARMM note: This 1959 medical journal article describes a female condition that is analogous to phimosis of the male foreskin and reveals how American medicine condoned genital interventions on females with arguments similar to those still used today to justify male circumcision. (noharmm.org)
- Another cause of phimosis is balanitis, which leads to scarring and tightness of the foreskin. (brightkite.com)
- This is due to naturally occurring adhesions between prepuce and glans and due to narrow skin of prepuce and "frenulum breve. (hindawi.com)
- The frenulum is a fold of skin that runs from the prepuce to the urethral surface of the glans. (dummies.com)
- note the banner with ridged bands (arrow) of the prepuce emanating from the frenulum (photograph by Dr R. Brinsko and G. Craigmyles). (cirp.org)
- Paraphimosis is the entrapment of a retracted foreskin behind the coronal sulcus and is a disease of uncircumcised or partially circumcised males. (medscape.com)
- Penile piercings increase the risk of developing paraphimosis if pain and swelling prevent reduction of a retracted foreskin. (medscape.com)
- Always pull foreskin back over glans to avoid paraphimosis. (healthtap.com)
Called the glans1
- The front, rounded end of the male organ, which is covered by the foreskin, is called the glans. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- OBJECTIVES: To report on the likely existing evidence about the practice of circumcision in prehistory, or at least a culture of foreskin retraction, and also the meaning of erection in Paleolithic minds. (circumstitions.com)
- In addition, a small number of phalluses carved in horn, bone, or stone, with varying morphology, has survived to the present and also reveals a sustained cult for male erection and foreskin retraction not limited to a particular topographical territory. (circumstitions.com)
- When it comes to cleansing the foreskin, the American Academy of Pediatrics says that an occasional retraction with cleansing beneath will do for boys who haven't reached puberty. (verywellfamily.com)
- We support parents of children affected by premature forcible foreskin retraction (PFFR) by providing evidence-based documents they can send with a formal complaint to licensing authorities. (doctorsopposingcircumcision.org)
- Before surgery, 27.1% had foreskin-related voiding problems and 17.1% had at least 1 episode of balanitis. (aappublications.org)
- Balanitis that also involves the foreskin (in an uncircumcised man). (webmd.com)
- Balanitis involving the foreskin or prepuce is termed balanoposthitis. (doctorslounge.com)
- I've only heard it simplified to "balanitis," meaning glans and prepuce both, even from urologists. (wordsmith.org)
- Balanitis and balanoposthitis occur primarily in uncircumcised men. (verywellhealth.com)
- Most common in men over 40 years old, though it can affect males of any age, balanitis is a condition affecting about 11 percent of adult men and 3 percent of children. (verywellhealth.com)
- The changes in the prepuce are due to a condition known as balanitis xerotica obliterans . (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Apply topical clotrimazole for adult men with probable candidal balanitis. (medhelp.org)
- For uncircumcised males, the foreskin should be retracted toinspect the glans for erythema or evidence of Candida infection,balanitis, or contact dermatitis. (contemporarypediatrics.com)
Covers the glans2
- If the foreskin is very tight the simplest method is to pull back on the skin (easiest with an erection) so that the opening feels tight without real pain. (healthboards.com)
- In uncircumcised men, the foreskin often rolls back during erection . (jackinworld.com)
- CONCLUSIONS: The erection in Paleolithic art is explicitly represented in almost all the figures defined as unequivocally male that have survived to the present and in many objects of portable art. (circumstitions.com)
- It [the operation on a male to stop masturbation] consists in the application of one or more silver sutures in such a way as to prevent erection. (mum.org)
- He is happy to be intact and always willing to answer questions for new parents and anyone else who wants to learn about intact male anatomy and the problems with circumcision. (amazon.com)
- The anatomy of the pelvis varies depending on whether you are male or female. (dummies.com)
- According to some health experts, the foreskin is the floppy disk of the male anatomy, a once-important flap of skin that no longer serves much purpose. (cmaj.ca)
- Anatomy and function - The foreskin is a normal, healthy, valuable part of the human body, with multiple functions , both protective and sexual. (doctorsopposingcircumcision.org)
- We produced the film "The Prepuce," which fully explains the anatomy and function of the foreskin. (doctorsopposingcircumcision.org)
- Rather than acknowledging the prepuce as normal anatomy, some contemporary physicians consider the penile [ 5 ] and clitoral prepuce (or clitoral hood) [ 6,7 ] to be dangerous and unhealthy. (cirp.org)
- However, before theoretical justifications for circumcision can be considered, a complete understanding of the normal anatomy and function of the prepuce is required. (cirp.org)
- This paper reviews the embryology, anatomy and function of the prepuce. (cirp.org)
- Many men come to this site seeking help for tight foreskin problems. (healthboards.com)
- A long or tight foreskin is likely to be attended with many serious disadvantages. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- The straining in trying to pass water, occasioned by a long or tight foreskin, is liable to bring on rupture. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- Nor is it to be forgotten that an unnaturally tight foreskin may actually interfere with the proper growth and development of the organ. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- No male with a proper sense of cleanliness can feel that his bath has been complete, in the presence of a long or tight foreskin. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- And lastly, my Glans and Inner Foreskin are desensitized from constant chaffing from contact with the outside world. (circumcision.org)
- The inner foreskin layer is not just "skin," but mucocutaneous tissue of a unique type found nowhere else on the body. (cirp.org)
- The ridged band is the interface (join) between the outer and inner foreskin layers. (cirp.org)
- to cover and bond with the synechia so as to permit the development of the mucosal surface of the glans and inner foreskin. (cirp.org)
- 9 In humans, histological studies have identified antigen presenting cells in the mucosa of the inner foreskin and urethra. (bmj.com)
- The KNMG questions why the ethics regarding male genital alterations should be viewed any differently from female genital alterations, when there are mild forms of female genital alterations (like pricking the clitoral hood without removing any tissue or removing the clitoral hood altogether). (wikipedia.org)
- Though research in this area has yielded inconsistent results, Denniston, for one, has no doubt that the foreskin contains tissue with erogenous properties. (cmaj.ca)
- Nonsurgical foreskin restoration, accomplished through tissue expansion , is the more commonly used method of foreskin restoration. (bionity.com)
- 1996) described the foreskin in detail, documenting a ridged band of mucosal tissue. (medium.com)
- The prepuce is primary, erogenous tissue necessary for normal sexual function. (medium.com)
- Histological observations were carried out on samples of penile tissue obtained from 13 perfusion fixed cadavers of men aged 60-96 years, seven of whom had been circumcised. (bmj.com)
- In all the fetuses they studied they observed the presence of preputial lamella and a large amount of mesenchymal tissue between the foreskin and glans [Favorito et al. (circinfo.net)
- This view holds that the prepuce has negligible value (the tissue wouldn't be missed) and circumcision is a simple procedure ("a little snip") that may even reduce the risk of the child acquiring and spreading certain diseases later in life. (evidencebasedbirth.com)
- The unique innervation of the prepuce establishes its function as an erogenous tissue [ 8 ]. (cirp.org)
- Although the amount of genital tissue removed is variable, the penile prepuce is removed in nearly all male circumcisions, and the clitoral prepuce is removed in a Fourcroy grade 1 female circumcision [ 9 ] (see Elchalal, pp.103-108). (cirp.org)
- In the male fetus, the testes develop near the kidneys, then descend into the scrotum just before birth. (wikibooks.org)
- primary male sex organs, paired, oval-shaped, and enclosed in a sac called the scrotum. (brainscape.com)
- The testicles and scrotum are also important male structures. (dummies.com)
- Literally translated as 'large lips,' the labia majora are relatively large and fleshy, and are comparable to the scrotum in males. (smore.com)
Function of the foreskin1
- This is not an indication for circumcision, because there are good alternative treatments available that preserve the structure and function of the foreskin. (cirp.org)
- Surgical methods of foreskin restoration, sometimes known as foreskin reconstruction, usually involve a method of grafting skin onto the distal portion of the penile shaft. (bionity.com)
- Both the skin of the penile shaft and the mucosal inner lining of the foreskin, if any remains after circumcision, may be expanded. (bionity.com)
- Figure B: The foreskin is then freed from the skin covering the penile shaft. (thefreedictionary.com)
Functions of the foreskin1
- Intactivism advocates better sex education and knowledge of the human body, including the functions of the foreskin and the physical, psychological, and sexual effects of circumcision. (kon.org)
Pull foreskin back1
- Hard to pull foreskin back, should I be Paranoid? (healthboards.com)
- Dildo -- A device made of plastic or rubber used by females to penetrate the vagina , or males to penetrate the anus , during masturbation or sex play. (jackinworld.com)
- Medical textbooks used to be very specific about the effectiveness of male and female circumcision in preventing masturbation. (circumcision.org)
- In particular, an area called the "ridged band," the wrinkly skin at the end of the foreskin, is loaded with nerve endings that are stimulated by motion during intercourse or masturbation. (cmaj.ca)
- Kellogg recommended male circumcision as a cure for masturbation, impure thoughts, and sexual desires. (avoiceformen.com)
- Christian puritans such as Dr. John Harvey Kellogg (co-inventor of the corn flake) promoted circumcision in the nineteenth century as a means to curb masturbation and reduce male sex drive, which led to its widespread adoption among non-Jews in the United States. (tikkun.org)
- Glands present on prepuce and glans produce secretions, which aid in lubrication and defence against infection. (hindawi.com)
- Langerhans cells are present in prepuce and they seem to provide resistance against HIV infection [ 9 , 11 , 12 ]. (hindawi.com)
- One hypothesis is that the foreskin simply provides more surface area and therefore more cells that are susceptible to infection, as Dr. Minh Dinh, assistant professor in medicine-infectious diseases at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois, posited in a recent review of prevailing theories ( Am J Reprod Immunol 2010;65:279-83). (cmaj.ca)
- The pattern of your using steroid anti-fungal cream hints significant recurrent foreskin-related infection/ inflammation . (healthtap.com)
- If the foreskin looks red and/or swollen, or if it's painful for your son to urinate, he may have an infection of the foreskin or a urinary tract infection. (verywellfamily.com)
- The problem viagra pill with this type of male organ infection is that it can be painful and embarrassing. (lilith.org)
- University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Wash. (NEW YORK, NY) - An original study at the University of Washington has found that male circumcision has no effect on human papillomavirus (HPV) infection rates. (pearltrees.com)
- The vast majority of the 109 studies documented foreskin risks: higher rates of urinary tract infection, penile cancer, gonorrhea and HIV/AIDS. (circumcisionquotes.com)
- How does male circumcision protect against HIV infection? (bmj.com)
- Both groups had been given free access to HIV testing, intensive instruction about preventing infection, and free condoms (which were continuously available), but 89% of the men never used condoms, and condom use did not seem to influence the rate of transmission of HIV. (bmj.com)
- 9 Infected Langerhans' cells have also been detected in the penile mucosa of male rhesus macaques that have chronic simian immunodeficiency virus infection. (bmj.com)
- Senior Programme Manager, Male Circumcision Consortium, Mores Loolpapit said the scale up followed a survey conducted two years ago in Kenya, Uganda and South Africa, which indicated that male circumcision reduced the risk of HIV infection by 60 percent. (co.ke)
- It is a curved structure at the back of the testicle where the sperm is matured and stored), orchitis (inflammation, swelling and frequent infection of the testes), sperm granuloma (it is a lump of sperm that appears along the vasa deferentia or epididymedis in vasectomized men), testicular degeneration (most frequent cause of male infertility) and seminomas in these dogs. (wearethecure.org)
- The higher rate of STDs in circumcised males might well be the result of the loss of preputial immunoprotective structures. (answers.com)
- The embryology of the penile prepuce has been controversial since the original account given by Schweigger-Seidel in 1866 [ 11 ], who described a preputial fold that progressively extended and fused with the epithelial covering of the glans. (cirp.org)
- Glenister cited Retterer (1885-1915) as the first to show that the prepuce was formed by a combination of preputial folding and the ingrowth of a cellular lamella [ 12 ]. (cirp.org)
- The CAT II Q ™ (Constant Applied Tension, Quick) is a bi-directional, tapeless restoration device that creates tension on the foreskin by pushing against the glans , while pulling on a small fold of the foreskin. (restoringforeskin.org)
- In males who have reached puberty, it is normally accompanied by ejaculation . (jackinworld.com)
- Foeskin can also appear to shrink in lengh at puberty when the foreskin can retract spontaneously. (healthtap.com)
- Once they start puberty, boys should clean beneath their foreskin as part of their daily routine. (verywellfamily.com)
- About one-fifth of men worldwide have been circumcised, mostly for religious and cultural reasons when the procedure is commonly performed shortly after birth or around puberty. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Biological research suggests that male circumcision is effective at preventing male acquisition of HIV because the prepuce (foreskin) contains many Langerhans cells. (co.ke)
- The outer foreskin layer contains nerve endings which respond to gentle touching during the early stages of sexual arousal. (cirp.org)
American Academy of1
- A recent report published in Pediatrics from the American Academy of Pediatrics concludes the following: "Evaluation of current evidence indicates that the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risk, and the benefits of newborn male circumcision justify access to this procedure for those who choose it. (aappublications.org)
- I'm primarily interested in ending MGM [Male Genital Mutilation], and the Foreskin Man comic book series is a means to achieve that goal. (heebmagazine.com)
- Male circumcision is NOT the same as "female circumcision," better called "female genital mutilation - a violent, life-scarring act with significant adverse health consequences. (chicagotribune.com)
- The "Male Genital Mutilation Bill" is now for debate at the State Legislature. (unexplained-mysteries.com)
- also, male circumcision is not genital mutilation. (topdocumentaryfilms.com)
- Male genital mutilation (MGM), often referred to as 'male circumcision', comprises all procedures involving partial or total removal of the external male genitalia or other injury to the male genital organs whether for cultural, religious or other non-therapeutic reasons. (wikigender.org)
- Some academics use the term male genital cutting or male genital mutilation in reference to male circumcision. (wikigender.org)
- In cultures where it is an accepted norm, male genital mutilation is practiced by followers of all religious beliefs as well as animists and non believers. (wikigender.org)
- The age at which male genital mutilation is performed varies from area to area. (wikigender.org)
- Circumsicion is seen by many as male genital mutilation. (answers.com)
- Female Genital Mutilation is bad, so why is Male Circumcision for non-medical reasons OK? (medium.com)
- Also called Male Genital Mutilation (MGM). (restoringforeskin.org)
- Sperm, the male gamete, and a secondary oocyte (along with first polar body and corona radiata), the male gamete must meet in the female reproductive system to create a new individual. (wikibooks.org)
- The male reproductive system consists of the testes and a series of ducts and glands. (wikibooks.org)
- Cowper's Gland -- A part of the male reproductive system that secretes pre-ejaculatory fluid . (jackinworld.com)
- Description - Testicular tumors account for 90% of all cancers originating from the male reproductive system. (wearethecure.org)
- mRNA and protein) levels in 40 prepuces of boys with and without hypospadias using quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction, Western Blot and standardised, automated immunohistochemistry. (nih.gov)
- AR mRNA (P = 0.013) and AR protein (P = 0.014) was significantly elevated in the prepuces of boys with hypospadias compared with boys without hypospadias. (nih.gov)
- To address the role of the androgen receptor (AR) on mRNA and protein levels in prepuces of boys with and without hypospadias. (nih.gov)
- Data from 40 foreskin specimens of consecutive circumcised boys (20 with vs 20 without hypospadias) were enrolled in this prospective study. (nih.gov)
- AR mRNA was significantly elevated in the prepuces of boys with hypospadias compared with boys without hypospadias, at a mean (sd) of 28.33 (5.39) vs 15.31 (1.85) (P = 0.013). (nih.gov)
- The megameatus intact prepuce (MIP) variant of hypospadias is a rare variant of hypospadias that is diagnosed either early at the time of circumcision or later as the foreskin is retracted. (frontiersin.org)
- The megameatus intact prepuce (MIP) variant of hypospadias is a rare variant of glanular hypospadias, occurring in approximately 3-6% of all hypospadias repair although its exact incidence is unknown given the fact that a number of patients with MIP may not be identified, come to medical attention or the urethral anomaly is not felt to be clinically significant. (frontiersin.org)
- As a consequence of the discussion on whether the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks and the discrepancies in reported figures of complications, we evaluated the incidence and morbidity of foreskin surgery due to medical indications in boys from the Capital Region of Denmark in 2014. (aappublications.org)
- Childhood foreskin-related problems in a region with no tradition of newborn male circumcision should not be neglected. (aappublications.org)
- This is relevant for the debate on newborn male circumcision. (aappublications.org)
- Contrary to common belief, the foreskin cannot be pulled back (retracted) in almost all newborn babies. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- As of 2007, fifty-five percent of newborn males were circumcised, a significant decline from years past. (wikipedia.org)
- This conflicting information creates a lot of confusion among physicians and parents of newborn males. (intechopen.com)
- In this article, we explore the research evidence as well as the ethical debate around routine circumcisions performed on healthy newborn males. (evidencebasedbirth.com)
- What you described for your foreskin is not uncommon, especially in diabetic men with recurrent inflammation in their tight and long foreskin. (healthtap.com)
- It is, moreover, particularly liable to accumulate under a long foreskin, and frequently produces considerable irritation of the parts. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- A long foreskin may be troublesome in one of two ways. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- The glans is an extension of the highly vascular corpus spongiosum and is covered by squamous epithelium that is keratinized in the circumcised male. (medscape.com)
- This ingrowth creates the prepuce, glans, corona and coronal sulcus mucosa. (cirp.org)
- Circumcision removes the foreskin and is performed for a variety of cultural reasons on newborns, and as a treatment for some conditions for older boys and men. (verywellfamily.com)
- Male circumcision is the most commonly performed surgical procedure in the world. (annfammed.org)
- In 1982 a group called Brothers United for Future Foreskins (BUFF) was formed, which publicized the use of tape in non-surgical restoration methods. (bionity.com)
- Following a lawsuit Tinari's surgical foreskin restoration was covered by the British Columbia Ministry of Health. (bionity.com)
- Though the incidence of male circumcision has decreased from 90% in 1979 to 60% in 1996, it is still the most common surgical operation in the United States. (thefreedictionary.com)
- A type of non-surgical restoration of the foreskin where periods in which weight or tension is applied alternated with periods of rest. (restoringforeskin.org)
- You take the foreskin away and let the glans callus and you end up irritating the hell out of the vaginal mucosa," says Denniston. (cmaj.ca)
- The foreskin gradually becomes retractable over a variable period of time ranging from birth to 18 years of age or more. (hindawi.com)
- 2 At birth the prepuce is usually not retractable. (annfammed.org)
- About 50 per cent of one-year-old boys will have a non-retractable foreskin, 30 per cent of two-year-olds, about 10 per cent of four-year-olds and about 5 per cent of 10-year-olds. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- It's not necessary to try cleaning under the foreskin until it has become fully retractable of its own accord because attempts to pull back a non-retractable foreskin can result in pain and possibly injury. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- While it can happen to those men who were circumsized and retain a good amount of skin, it is most often found in uncut men. (yahoo.com)
- Is the foreskin a redundant piece of skin useful only to viruses, or does it still serve important protective, sensory and sexual functions? (cmaj.ca)
- Or prepuce is skin which covers the penile glans. (healthtap.com)
- What can I do if my foreskin is itching and is shrinking can pull skin back over head? (healthtap.com)
- Some adults who were circumcised as infants engage in foreskin restoration, a method of stretching the penile skin in order to partially recreate the foreskin. (wikigender.org)
- Many specialized foreskin restoration devices that grip the skin with or without tape are also commercially available. (bionity.com)
- In an average circumcised adult man, the area of skin that is missing because of penile reduction surgery would, when erect and unfolded, measure approximately three by five inches, or a little smaller than a postcard. (cirp.org)
- In Biblical times, and previous to them, circumcisions involved either a prick of the foreskin to draw blood, or a small slice of the skin. (avoiceformen.com)
- The outside of the foreskin is like normal skin but the inside of the foreskin is a membrane like the inside of an eyelid or mouth . (wikipedia.org)
- The male prepuce is formed by a midline collision of ectoderm, neuroectoderm and mesenchyme, resulting in a pentalaminar structure composed of a squamous mucosal epithelium lamina propria (corion) dartos muscle, dermis and outer glabrous skin [ 10 ]. (cirp.org)
- Note the erythematous, thickened appearance of the glans penile skin, and the skin of the prepuce. (cdc.gov)
- A duplicature of skin called the prepuce (foreskin) surrounds the glans and protects it. (kenhub.com)
- Men attempt foreskin restoration for many reasons. (bionity.com)
- Foreskin restoration may also be seen as a form of body modification for those interested. (bionity.com)
- A form of foreskin restoration, historically known as epispasm , was practiced among some Jews in Hellenistic and Roman societies. (bionity.com)
- European Jews, along with men circumcised for medical reasons, sought out underground foreskin restoration operations during World War II as a method to escape Nazi persecution. (bionity.com)
- The amount of tension produced by any method must be adjusted to avoid causing injury, pain or discomfort, and may be seen as a limiting factor in foreskin restoration. (bionity.com)
- FOREBALLS ™ is a restoration device that creates tension on the foreskin by its weight. (restoringforeskin.org)
- There are lots of people learning about foreskin restoration. (restoringforeskin.org)
- The ideal prepuce in ancient Greece and Rome: male genital aesthetics and their relation to lipodermos, circumcision, foreskin restoration, and the kynodesmē . (springer.com)
- The internal genital organs are the male gonads ( testis ), epididymis , a series of ducts and the accessory glands. (kenhub.com)
- for example the intromittent organ of most cephalopoda is the hectocotylus, a specialised arm, and male spiders use their pedipalps. (wikipedia.org)
- In the performance of circumcision the foreskin of the male organ is removed. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- The prepuce may be described as a kind of fleshy cuff which covers the end of the male organ. (historyofcircumcision.net)
- The prostate is a male organ that is responsible for producing the testosterone in the body. (usounds.com)
- The male organ of copulation, or phallus. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The male organ of copulation in humans and certain other vertebrates. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The male sex organ is symbolic of fertility, power, and energy. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The role of adult nontherapeutic male circumcision in preventing sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections, and penile cancer remains unclear. (annfammed.org)
- As such, when that male pup becomes an adult and is capable of mating and siring his own offspring, he should not be allowed to so do. (stabroeknews.com)
- Any procedure that interferes with reproductive or sexual function in the adult male. (wikigender.org)
- Speaking at a briefing on male circumcision, Dr Muraguri however noted that 84 percent of adult males in Kenya were already circumcised, leaving 16 percent which the ministry was targeting. (co.ke)
- Still, some 85% of adult white males in the United States have been circumcised. (giveshare.org)
- They have expressed opposition to both male circumcision and all forms of female circumcision, however they do not advocate a prohibition of male circumcision (even though they argue that there are good reasons for it to be banned) and prefer that circumcisions be done by doctors instead of illegal, underground circumcisers. (wikipedia.org)
- The Dutch Council on Public Health and Care does not agree with the Royal Dutch Medical Association and states that they wrongly do not distinguish between male and female circumcision and that they do not take into account freedom of religion and the right of parents to raise their children according their own beliefs or convictions. (wikipedia.org)
- The foreskin also protects a man's female sexual partners, says Denniston. (cmaj.ca)
- These often are due to a poorly retractile foreskin and poor hygiene that leads to colonization and overgrowth. (doctorslounge.com)
- This Phase 1 safety trial is the culmination of a stepwise series of studies examining male genital hygiene and safety and acceptance of an alcohol-based topical microbicide among Kenyan men. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The pro-prepuce crowd, however, says these and other health problems are better addressed through such activities as education on proper hygiene. (cmaj.ca)
- If there is no underlying cause, simple hygiene measures, mild painkillers and the avoidance of tugging the foreskin are the only necessary treatments. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- His ideals about health and hygiene are some of the most oppressive to women and men alike. (avoiceformen.com)
- If the male needs circumcision for cleanliness and hygiene, why not the female? (noharmm.org)
- This review focuses on cutaneous diseases that are either specific to the male genitalia or frequently involve this body region. (medscape.com)
- The body produces a white substance called smegma that collects under the foreskin and in the folds of female genitalia. (healthboards.com)
- While most male birds have no external genitalia, male waterfowl (Anatidae) have a phallus. (wikipedia.org)
- The male internal and external genitalia are used for reproduction and for pleasure. (teljeunes.com)
- it has been present in primates for at least 65 million years, and is likely to be over 100 million years old, based on its commonality as an anatomical feature in mammals [ 3 ] Certain cultures have excised the prepuce from children to conform to societal standards, while other cultures accept the complete external genitalia as normal (Fig. 1). (cirp.org)
- The tip of the glans is free of prepuce, and features the external urethral orifice. (kenhub.com)
- either of paired sac-like male exocrine glands that secrete a fluid into the vas deferens. (studystack.com)
- So now that I know, I've tried it and when not erect I pull it back all the way to the point where the foreskin is about to go over the glands but I chicken out because I've heard of Parahimosis so Im always hesitant to pull it back because of that. (healthboards.com)
- Ovaries in females are analogous to testes in males in that both are gonads and endocrine glands. (lumenlearning.com)
- There are currently no states that unequivocally ban infant male circumcision for non-therapeutic reasons. (wikipedia.org)
- Whereas child custody regulations have been applied to cases involving circumcision, there seems to be no state which currently unequivocally bans infant male circumcision for non-therapeutic reasons, albeit the legality of such circumcision is disputed in some legislations. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2002, long before a ban on male infant circumcision was proposed in San Francisco, the Leadership Conference of Secular and Humanistic Jews had a long and detailed discussion on the issue. (chicagotribune.com)
- If a man is circumcised as an infant, says Denniston, he has been robbed of sensitivity without his consent. (cmaj.ca)
- OA, an 11-month-old male infant was admitted to Wesley Guild Hospital, Ilesa, Nigeria on 23rd of July 2004 with a 2-day history of fever, irritability and convulsions. (ispub.com)
- Firstly, push the foreskin (prepuce) back to confirm that it slides back and forth easily. (stabroeknews.com)