Deamino Arginine Vasopressin
Partial Thromboplastin Time
The time required for the appearance of FIBRIN strands following the mixing of PLASMA with phospholipid platelet substitute (e.g., crude cephalins, soybean phosphatides). It is a test of the intrinsic pathway (factors VIII, IX, XI, and XII) and the common pathway (fibrinogen, prothrombin, factors V and X) of BLOOD COAGULATION. It is used as a screening test and to monitor HEPARIN therapy.
Specific molecular sites or proteins on or in cells to which VASOPRESSINS bind or interact in order to modify the function of the cells. Two types of vasopressin receptor exist, the V1 receptor in the vascular smooth muscle and the V2 receptor in the kidneys. The V1 receptor can be subdivided into V1a and V1b (formerly V3) receptors.
Antidiuretic hormones released by the NEUROHYPOPHYSIS of all vertebrates (structure varies with species) to regulate water balance and OSMOLARITY. In general, vasopressin is a nonapeptide consisting of a six-amino-acid ring with a cysteine 1 to cysteine 6 disulfide bridge or an octapeptide containing a CYSTINE. All mammals have arginine vasopressin except the pig with a lysine at position 8. Vasopressin, a vasoconstrictor, acts on the KIDNEY COLLECTING DUCTS to increase water reabsorption, increase blood volume and blood pressure.
A free radical gas produced endogenously by a variety of mammalian cells, synthesized from ARGININE by NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE. Nitric oxide is one of the ENDOTHELIUM-DEPENDENT RELAXING FACTORS released by the vascular endothelium and mediates VASODILATION. It also inhibits platelet aggregation, induces disaggregation of aggregated platelets, and inhibits platelet adhesion to the vascular endothelium. Nitric oxide activates cytosolic GUANYLATE CYCLASE and thus elevates intracellular levels of CYCLIC GMP.
A peptide of about 41 amino acids that stimulates the release of ADRENOCORTICOTROPIC HORMONE. CRH is synthesized by neurons in the PARAVENTRICULAR NUCLEUS of the HYPOTHALAMUS. After being released into the pituitary portal circulation, CRH stimulates the release of ACTH from the PITUITARY GLAND. CRH can also be synthesized in other tissues, such as PLACENTA; ADRENAL MEDULLA; and TESTIS.
Receptors, Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone
Cell surface proteins that bind corticotropin-releasing hormone with high affinity and trigger intracellular changes which influence the behavior of cells. The corticotropin releasing-hormone receptors on anterior pituitary cells mediate the stimulation of corticotropin release by hypothalamic corticotropin releasing factor. The physiological consequence of activating corticotropin-releasing hormone receptors on central neurons is not well understood.
A collection of NEURONS, tracts of NERVE FIBERS, endocrine tissue, and blood vessels in the HYPOTHALAMUS and the PITUITARY GLAND. This hypothalamo-hypophyseal portal circulation provides the mechanism for hypothalamic neuroendocrine (HYPOTHALAMIC HORMONES) regulation of pituitary function and the release of various PITUITARY HORMONES into the systemic circulation to maintain HOMEOSTASIS.
An anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the ADRENAL CORTEX and its production of CORTICOSTEROIDS. ACTH is a 39-amino acid polypeptide of which the N-terminal 24-amino acid segment is identical in all species and contains the adrenocorticotrophic activity. Upon further tissue-specific processing, ACTH can yield ALPHA-MSH and corticotrophin-like intermediate lobe peptide (CLIP).
Encyclopedias as Topic
Sexual Dysfunctions, Psychological
Diabetes Insipidus, Nephrogenic
A genetic or acquired polyuric disorder characterized by persistent hypotonic urine and HYPOKALEMIA. This condition is due to renal tubular insensitivity to VASOPRESSIN and failure to reduce urine volume. It may be the result of mutations of genes encoding VASOPRESSIN RECEPTORS or AQUAPORIN-2; KIDNEY DISEASES; adverse drug effects; or complications from PREGNANCY.
A disease that is characterized by frequent urination, excretion of large amounts of dilute URINE, and excessive THIRST. Etiologies of diabetes insipidus include deficiency of antidiuretic hormone (also known as ADH or VASOPRESSIN) secreted by the NEUROHYPOPHYSIS, impaired KIDNEY response to ADH, and impaired hypothalamic regulation of thirst.
Kidney Concentrating Ability
Diabetes Insipidus, Neurogenic
A genetic or acquired polyuric disorder caused by a deficiency of VASOPRESSINS secreted by the NEUROHYPOPHYSIS. Clinical signs include the excretion of large volumes of dilute URINE; HYPERNATREMIA; THIRST; and polydipsia. Etiologies include HEAD TRAUMA; surgeries and diseases involving the HYPOTHALAMUS and the PITUITARY GLAND. This disorder may also be caused by mutations of genes such as ARVP encoding vasopressin and its corresponding neurophysin (NEUROPHYSINS).
Cell surface proteins that bind oxytocin with high affinity and trigger intracellular changes which influence the behavior of cells. Oxytocin receptors in the uterus and the mammary glands mediate the hormone's stimulation of contraction and milk ejection. The presence of oxytocin and oxytocin receptors in neurons of the brain probably reflects an additional role as a neurotransmitter.
Drugs that stimulate contraction of the myometrium. They are used to induce LABOR, OBSTETRIC at term, to prevent or control postpartum or postabortion hemorrhage, and to assess fetal status in high risk pregnancies. They may also be used alone or with other drugs to induce abortions (ABORTIFACIENTS). Oxytocics used clinically include the neurohypophyseal hormone OXYTOCIN and certain prostaglandins and ergot alkaloids. (From AMA Drug Evaluations, 1994, p1157)
Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
... appears to regulate arginine vasopressin (AVP) and androgen receptor (AR) production in male rats but not in females. ... While male rats typically have higher levels of vasopressin in the amygdala, MeCP2 reduction during the first 3 days of life ... in rare cases some males can also be affected by Rett Syndrome. Males with gene duplications of MECP-2 at the Xq28 locus are ... Male rats with reduced MeCP2 levels also show a significant reduction of AR at two weeks following infusion, but this effect is ...
Neuroanatomy of intimacy
Two important neuropeptides that mediated pair bond formation were oxytocin and arginine vasopressin (AVP). Even though both ... oxytocin was shown to be predominantly in females and vasopressin predominantly promoted pair bonding in males. Receptor ... is suggested different between men and women. In males, emotions are considered to be primarily directed from the right ... In one study, men and women were shown sentences that suggested sexual and emotional infidelity and rated the intensity of ...
Rebecca M. Calisi Rodriguez
... and arginine vasopressin receptor 1A that highlight the critical need to for sex parity in further research on reproductive ... This work was seen as very progressive, in that most studies of aggression and coloration in any animal had focused on males. ... They found that female rock doves exhibited increased responses to stress at all levels of the HPG axis compared to males and ... Calisi and her group looked at the transcriptomic differences across male and female rock doves in response to restraint stress ...
... (1-deamino-8-D-arginine vasopressin) is a man-made form of the normal human hormone arginine vasopressin (the ... Compared to vasopressin, desmopressin's first amino acid has been deaminated, and the arginine at the eighth position is in the ... In addition, it has little effect on blood pressure, while vasopressin may cause arterial hypertension. Vasopressin stimulates ... It is a synthetic analogue of vasopressin, the hormone that reduces urine production. Desmopressin was approved for medical use ...
Sodium absorption is affected by the release of interleukin-6 as this can cause the secretion of arginine vasopressin which, in ... A male marathon runner loses each hour around 0.83 L in cool weather and 1.2 L in warm (losses in females are about 68 to 73% ... 2007). "Hyponatremia in marathon runners due to inappropriate arginine vasopressin secretion". The American Journal of Medicine ... Dalsgaard, MK (2006). "Fuelling cerebral activity in exercising man". Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. 26 (6): ...
... , also named antidiuretic hormone (ADH), arginine vasopressin (AVP) or argipressin, is a hormone synthesized as a ... "Daily patterns of secretion of neurohypophysial hormones in man: effect of age". Experimental Physiology. 83 (3): 409-18. PMID ... AVP, ADH, ARVP, AVP-NPII, AVRP, VP, arginine vasopressin, Vasopressin. External IDs. OMIM: 192340 MGI: 88121 HomoloGene: 417 ... Chemical structure of the arginine vasopressin (argipressin) with an arginine at the 8th amino acid position. Lysine ...
Antidiuretic hormone (ADH, also known as vasopressin and arginine vasopressin AVP), the majority of which is released from the ... Sex organ functions in both males and females. *Thyroid gland function. *The conversion of food into energy (metabolism) ... Enhancement by various vasopressin analogs. Neuroendocrinology. 38(5):344-50. *^ Brunton, Laurence L.; Chabner, Bruce A.; ... Central diabetes insipidus caused by a deficiency of vasopressin.. *Gigantism and acromegaly caused by an excess of growth ...
... correction of bleeding time by 1-desamino-8D-arginine vasopressin". American Journal of Hematology. 30 (3): 154-7. doi:10.1002/ ... Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM): 203300 "Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome". Retrieved 24 November 2008. Li W, Zhang Q, Oiso ...
... in the nucleus accumbens and arginine vasopressin (AVP) in the ventral pallidum ... The activities of central oxytocin and ... Males reach the peak of their sex drive in their teenage years, while females reach it in their thirties. The surge in ... In males, the frequency of ejaculations affects the levels of serum testosterone, a hormone which promotes libido. A study of ... However, men can also experience a decrease in their libido as they age. The American Medical Association has estimated that ...
The vasopressin-like peptides, which differ in positions 3 and/or 8, include AVT and the mammalian hormones arginine ... In males, parvocellular AVT cells located in the limbic system (bed nucleus of stria terminalis) express AVT. This expression ... "AVP arginine vasopressin (neurophysin II, antidiuretic hormone, diabetes insipidus, neurohypophyseal) [ Gallus gallus (chicken ... and lysine vasopressin (isoleucine-3 changed to phenylalanine and arginine-8 changed to lysine). The oxytocin-like peptides, ...
Central diabetes insipidus is caused by low levels of Vasopressin (also called antidiuretic hormone (ADH), arginine vasopressin ... data shows that there is a higher prevalence in younger women than younger men and older men than older women. Although ... Similar to the inability of control urination, a disruption of arginine vasopressin (ADH) levels has been proposed for nocturia ... More than 50 percent of men and women over the age of 60 have been measured to have nocturia in many communities. Even more ...
Arginin vazopresinski receptor 1B - Википедија
Antoni FA, Holmes MC, Makara GB, Kárteszi M, László FA (1984). „Evidence that the effects of arginine-8-vasopressin (AVP) on ... Wersinger SR, Ginns EI, O'Carroll AM, Lolait SJ, Young WS (2002). „AVPR1B knockout reduces aggressive behavior in male mice". ... A major SNP haplotype of the arginine vasopressin 1B receptor protects against recurrent major depression". Mol. Psychiatry. 9 ... vasopressin, the first V1b-selective agonist for rat vasopressin/oxytocin receptors". Endocrinology. 148 (9): 4136-46. PMID ...
Biology of trust
Neuropeptides, specifically oxytocin (OT) and arginine-vasopressin (AVP), have been shown to be involved in physiological ... In male titi monkeys, injection of AVP increased social behavior towards their female partner. In human studies, AVP has also ...
Vasopressin appears to have a similar effect in males. Oxytocin has a role in social behaviors in many species, so it ... "Linkage relationships of human arginine vasopressin-neurophysin-II and oxytocin-neurophysin-I to prodynorphin and other loci on ... An oxytocin nasal spray caused men in a monogamous relationship, but not single men, to increase the distance between ... "Changes in oxytocin and vasopressin secretion during sexual activity in men". The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and ...
Vasopressin receptor 1B
... arginine vasopressin receptor 1B) gene. V1BR acts as a receptor for vasopressin. AVPR1B belongs to the subfamily of G-protein ... Wersinger SR, Ginns EI, O'Carroll AM, Lolait SJ, Young WS (2002). "AVPR1B knockout reduces aggressive behavior in male mice". ... Arginine vasopressin has four receptors, each of which are located in different tissues and have specific functions. AVPR1b is ... "anti-Arginine Vasopressin Receptor 1B (AVPR1B) antibody (ABIN122463)". antibodies-online. Antoni FA, Holmes MC, Makara GB, ...
ஆக்சிடாசின் - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
"Changes in oxytocin and vasopressin secretion during sexual activity in men". The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and ... "Linkage relationships of human arginine vasopressin-neurophysin-II and oxytocin-neurophysin-I to prodynorphin and other loci on ... Hornig D (September 1975). "Distribution of ascorbic acid, metabolites and analogues in man and animals". Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. ... Sausville E, Carney D, Battey J (August 1985). "The human vasopressin gene is linked to the oxytocin gene and is selectively ...
Vasopressin receptor 1A
... (V1AR), or arginine vasopressin receptor 1A (officially called AVPR1A) is one of the three major ... Males treated with OXT showed increases in Avpr1a in the ventral palladium, lateral septum, and cingulate cortex, while females ... 1A SCCL vasopressin subtype 1a receptor V1-vascular vasopressin receptor AVPR1A vascular/hepatic-type arginine vasopressin ... Geller B, Tillman R, Badner JA, Cook EH (Dec 2005). "Are the arginine vasopressin V1a receptor microsatellites related to ...
Dipsogenic DI or primary polydipsia results from excessive intake of fluids as opposed to deficiency of arginine vasopressin. ... Central DI usually starts between the ages of 10 and 20 and occurs in males and females equally. Nephrogenic DI can begin at ... Central DI (CDI) is due to a lack of the hormone vasopressin (antidiuretic hormone). This can be due to injury to the ... Nephrogenic DI (NDI) occurs when the kidneys do not respond properly to vasopressin. Dipsogenic DI is a result of excessive ...
Arginine vasopressin (AVP), also known as the antidiuretic hormone (ADH), is encoded by the AVP gene and is involved in ... The levels of copeptin are slightly higher in men than in women and are not influenced by age. In response to serum osmolality ... It has been shown that the kinetics of copeptin are similar to vasopressin in that context. The prognostic value of vasopressin ... is a 39-amino acid-long peptide derived from the C-terminus of pre-pro-hormone of arginine vasopressin, neurophysin II and ...
Effects of stress on memory
Viau, V.; Soriano, L.; Dallman, M (2001). "Androgens alter corticotropin releasing hormone and arginine vasopressin mrna within ... Inactivating the mPFC in the male rats did not prevent the enhanced conditioning that the males previously exhibited. This ... A second physiological response in relation to stress occurs via the vasopressin axis. Vasopressin, also known as antidiuretic ... Vasopressin is released and causes a static increase in blood pressure. This increase in blood pressure under stressful ...
CRH acts synergistically with arginine vasopressin, angiotensin II, and epinephrine. (In swine, which do not produce arginine ... van Staaveren, N., Teixeira, D.L., Hanlon, A. and Boyle, L.A. (2015). "The effect of mixing entire male pigs prior to transport ... vasopressin, lysine vasopressin acts synergistically with CRH.) When activated macrophages start to secrete IL-1, which ... "The effect of mixing entire male pigs prior to transport to slaughter on behaviour, welfare and carcass lesions". PLOS ONE. 10 ...
List of human hormones
Antidiuretic hormone (or vasopressin, arginine vasopressin). ADH. posterior pituitary. Parvocellular neurosecretory neurons in ... females: ovary, males testes. females: granulosa cells, males: Sertoli cell. ER. Females: Structural: *promote formation of ... In male: spermatogenesis, enhances production of androgen-binding protein by the Sertoli cells of the testes ... 5-DHT or DHT is a male reproductive hormone that targets the prostate gland, bulbourethral gland, seminal vesicles, penis and ...
Peptide arginine vasopressin (AVP), dopamine, and oxytocin act in this region to coordinate rewarding activities such as mating ... In various species, males provide parental care and females mate with multiple males. For example, recent studies show that ... "For A Male Sand Goby, Playing 'Mr. Mom' Is Key To Female's Heart". ScienceDaily. Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. ... A University of Florida scientist reports that male sand gobies work harder at building nests and taking care of eggs when ...
Borderline personality disorder
... releases peptides arginine vasopressin (AVP) and corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF). When these peptides travel through the ... Among men diagnosed with BPD there is also evidence of a higher suicide rate: "men are more than twice as likely as women-18 ... Men and women with similar psychological problems may express distress differently. Men tend to drink more and carry out more ... of men and 6.2% of women. The difference in rates between men and women in this study was not found to be statistically ...
... in the nucleus accumbens and arginine vasopressin (AVP) in the ventral pallidum ... The activities of central oxytocin and ... regulate libido in men an weemen. ... vasopressin have been associated with both partner preference ...
Hormona antidiürètica - Viquipèdia, l'enciclopèdia lliure
Space-filling model of arginine vasopressin. Estructures disponibles. PDB. Cerca a Ortholog: PDBe, RCSB ... Neurochemical regulation of pair bonding in male prairie voles. Physiol Behav. 2004; 83 (2): 319-28. ... V1A vasopressin receptor binding. • V1B vasopressin receptor binding. • cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity involved ... Gais S, Sommer M, Fischer S, Perras B, Born J Post-trial administration of vasopressin in humans does not enhance memory ...
Arginine vasopressin. receptor 2 antagonists amphotericin B, lithium. Inhibits vasopressin's action 5. collecting duct ... Bakhireva LN, Barrett-Connor E, Kritz-Silverstein D, Morton DJ (June 2004). "Modifiable predictors of bone loss in older men: a ... Selective vasopressin V2 antagonist (sometimes called aquaretics) tolvaptan, conivaptan Competitive vasopressin antagonism ... L. Kovács; B. Lichardus (6 December 2012). Vasopressin: Disturbed Secretion and Its Effects. Springer Science & Business Media ...
... and arginine vasopressin (AVP), and down-regulation of adrenal functioning) as well as forebrain serotonergic mechanisms. ... than in men (1.3% of men). The lifetime prevalence rate of dysthymia in community settings appears to range from 3 to 6% in ...
Antidiuretic hormone (ADH or Vasopressin). Arginine vasopressin receptor 1 (V1) on smooth muscle cells Activation of Gq --, ↑ ... Richard Milsten and Julian Slowinski, The sexual male, bc, main point W.W. Norton Company, New York, London (1999) ISBN 0-393- ...
Arginine vasopressin. receptor 2 antagonists amphotericin B, lithium Inhibits vasopressin's action 5. collecting duct ... "Modifiable predictors of bone loss in older men: a prospective study". Am J Prev Med. 26 (5): 436-42. doi:10.1016/j.amepre. ... Selective vasopressin V2 antagonist (sometimes called aquaretics) tolvaptan, conivaptan Competitive vasopressin antagonism ... L. Kovács; B. Lichardus (6 December 2012). Vasopressin: Disturbed Secretion and Its Effects. Springer Science & Business Media ...
Men lose facial, scrotal and trunk hair, as well as suffering decreased muscle mass and anemia. Both sexes may experience a ... and vasopressin deficiency appears to be very rare as a consequence of radiation. ... although a stimulation test with arginine may be used for diagnosis, especially in situations where an insulin tolerance test ... In men, the combination of low LH and FSH in combination with a low testosterone confirms LH/FSH deficiency; a high ...
Greenwood FC, Landon J (April 1966). "Growth hormone secretion in response to stress in man". Nature. 210 (5035): 540-1. doi: ... Alba-Roth J, Müller OA, Schopohl J, von Werder K (December 1988). "Arginine stimulates growth hormone secretion by suppressing ... Beck JC, Mcgarry EE, Dyrenfurth I, Venning EH (May 1957). "Metabolic effects of human and monkey growth hormone in man". ... Beck JC, McGARRY EE, Dyrenfurth I, Venning EH (November 1958). "The metabolic effects of human and monkey growth hormone in man ...
Stimulation of the posterior pituitary to release vasopressin (antidiuretic hormone, ADH) also acts on the kidneys to increase ... "Effect of enalapril on the skin response to bradykinin in man". Br J Clin Pharmacol. 23 (1): 88-90. doi:10.1111/j.1365- ... "Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-associated angioedema is characterized by a slower degradation of des-arginine(9)- ... Effects of the Converting Enzyme Inhibitors Enalapril and Lisinopril on Reflex Control of Heart Rate in Normotensive Man". ...
Biological basis of love
... in the nucleus accumbens and arginine vasopressin (AVP) in the ventral pallidum ... The activities of central oxytocin and ... Adequate brain levels of testosterone seem important for both human male and female sexual behavior. Norepinephrine and ... Central dopamine pathways mediate partner preference behavior, while vasopressin in the ventral pallidum and oxytocin in the ... vasopressin have been associated with both partner preference and attachment behaviours, while dopaminergic pathways have been ...
1990). "Islet amyloid polypeptide: structure and upstream sequences of the IAPP gene in rat and man". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. ... At the C-terminus Carboxypeptidase E then removes the terminal lysine and arginine residues. The terminal glycine amino acid ... Vasopressin. *See here instead.. VIP/PACAP. VIPR1. *Agonists: Peptide: Bay 55-9837 ...
Among these conserved amino acids are arginine and phenylalanine residues, which are paired in this family of peptides. Also ... Gramicidin-perforated patch recordings: about 30% of GnRH neurons respond to kisspeptin administration in prepubertal males, ... and steroid receptors determined that neurons that express KISS1 mRNA are targets for the action of sex steroids in both male ... Vasopressin. *See here instead.. VIP/PACAP. VIPR1. *Agonists: Peptide: Bay 55-9837 ...
Epigenetics of anxiety and stress-related disorders
This may be significant because arginine vasopressin is known to regulate mood and cognitive behavior. Additionally, arginine ... For example, male mice who were put under early life stress through poor maternal care-a scenario analogous to human childhood ... In another example, male mice were socially isolated as a form of stress. Offspring of these mice had increased anxiety in ... For example, male mice that participated in voluntary physical exercise resulted in offspring that had reduced fear memory and ...
In some strains of mice, the fat mutation also causes hyperproinsulinemia in adult male mice, but this is not found in all ... This enzyme catalyzes the release of C-terminal arginine or lysine residues from polypeptides. CPE is involved in the ... Products of carboxypeptidase E include insulin, the enkephalins, vasopressin, oxytocin, and most other neuroendocrine peptide ... lysine and/or arginine). These intermediates are then cleaved by CPE to remove the basic residues. For some peptides, ...
Atrial natriuretic peptide inhibits osmolality-induced arginine vasopressin release in man | Clinical Science
Atrial natriuretic peptide inhibits osmolality-induced arginine vasopressin release in man. M. J. Allen, V. T. Y. Ang, E. D. ... Atrial natriuretic peptide inhibits osmolality-induced arginine vasopressin release in man. M. J. Allen, V. T. Y. Ang, E. D. ... Atrial natriuretic peptide inhibits osmolality-induced arginine vasopressin release in man Message Subject (Your Name) has ... and that it inhibits osmolality-induced arginine vasopressin release in man. ...
1-deamino 8-d-arginine Vasopressin (DDAVP) in Percutaneous Ultrasound-guided Renal Biopsy - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Males or females , 16 and , 80 years of age.. *Blood pressure , 140/90 mmHg. ... Vasopressins. Arginine Vasopressin. Deamino Arginine Vasopressin. Hemostatics. Coagulants. Vasoconstrictor Agents. Antidiuretic ... 1-deamino 8-d-arginine Vasopressin (DDAVP) in Percutaneous Ultrasound-guided Renal Biopsy. The safety and scientific validity ... 1-deamino 8-d-arginine Vasopressin in Percutaneous Ultrasound-guided Renal Biopsy: a Randomized Controlled Trial. ...
L-Arginine, Arg.Vasopressin, Faith
Shepherds and wise men and inn keepers; slaves and freemen; men and women of all races, Bend your knees to meet me at my place ... of arginine vasopressin antagonists in elucidating the mechanism of action for the behavioral effects of arginine vasopressin. ... L-Arginine, Arg.Vasopressin, Faith. C.S. Mills chmills at flash.net Fri Aug 13 08:59:50 EST 1999 *Previous message: Brain usage ... The interplay of circadian rhythms of arginine vasopressin release, growth hormone release and slow-wave sleep could be ...
Increased expression of corticotropin-releasing hormone and vasopressin messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) in the hypothalamic...
Arginine Vasopressin / genetics* * Corticosterone / pharmacology * Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone / genetics* * Male * ... to arginine vasopressin (AVP) in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN) in the modulation of pituitary adrenal function ... Increased expression of corticotropin-releasing hormone and vasopressin messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) in the hypothalamic ...
Avpr1a MGI Mouse Gene Detail - MGI:1859216 - arginine vasopressin receptor 1A
Anxiety-like behaviors are reduced in males but not females. B cell development is also affected. ... J:75961 Wesley VJ, et al., Agonist-specific, high-affinity binding epitopes are contributed by an arginine in the N-terminus of ... J:302795 Rauen K, et al., Vasopressin V1a Receptors Regulate Cerebral Aquaporin 1 after Traumatic Brain Injury. J Neurotrauma. ...
Arginine vasopressin regulation in pre- and postpubertal male rats by the androgen metabolite 3β-diol (American Journal of...
Pak, T. R. ; Chung, W. C. ; Hinds, L. R. ; Handa, R. J. / Arginine vasopressin regulation in pre- and postpubertal male rats by ... Pak, T. R., Chung, W. C., Hinds, L. R., & Handa, R. J. (2009). Arginine vasopressin regulation in pre- and postpubertal male ... T1 - Arginine vasopressin regulation in pre- and postpubertal male rats by the androgen metabolite 3β-diol (American Journal of ... Arginine vasopressin regulation in pre- and postpubertal male rats by the androgen metabolite 3β-diol (American Journal of ...
Frontiers | Paternal Care Impacts Oxytocin Expression in California Mouse Offspring and Basal Testosterone in Female, but Not...
... may be driven by transient increases in testosterone following paternal retrievals and increased adult arginine vasopressin ... Additionally, T levels were higher among high-care than low-care females, but no differences were found in males. There were no ... Additionally, T levels were higher among high-care than low-care females, but no differences were found in males. There were no ... these behaviors may be driven by transient increases in testosterone following paternal retrievals and increased adult arginine ...
Splanchnic osmosensation and vasopressin: mechanisms and neural pathways
Mean changes over 4-21 min of plasma arginine vasopressin (AVP) were 6.1 +/- 0.9 for NaCl (P less than 0.01), 9.3 +/- 3.0 for ... Arginine Vasopressin / blood* * Chlorides / physiology * Intestinal Absorption * Intestine, Small / innervation * Male * Neural ... Mean changes over 4-21 min of plasma arginine vasopressin (AVP) were 6.1 +/- 0.9 for NaCl (P less than 0.01), 9.3 +/- 3.0 for ... Splanchnic osmosensation and vasopressin: mechanisms and neural pathways Am J Physiol. 1991 Jul;261(1 Pt 1):E18-25. doi: ...
Autism and Environmental Factors | Neuroscience | Life Sciences | Subjects | Wiley
4 Oxytocin, Arginine Vasopressin and Autism Spectrum Disorder 97. Oxytocin 97. Why Oxytocin Therapy May be Important for ASD? ... Male and Female Estrogen and Testosterone Hormone Regulations 130. Are there Synthetic Chemicals that Humans Are Not ... 6 Maternal Twins and Male Gender Bias in Autism Spectrum Disorders 143 ... Effects of Fragrances on Male Oxytocin ]Receptor Positive Neurons 184. Effects of Fragrances on Female Oxytocin ]Receptor ...
Arginine vasopressin receptor 1B - encyclopedia article - Citizendium
Vasopressin V1b receptor knockout reduces aggressive behavior in male mice. Mol Psychiatry. 7:975-84, 2002. PMID 12399951 ... Arginine vasopressin receptor 1B (AVPR1B, vasopressin 3 receptor) is a protein that acts as cell surface receptor for arginine ... Evidence that the effects of arginine-8-vasopressin (AVP) on pituitary corticotropin (ACTH) release are mediated by a novel ... A major SNP haplotype of the arginine vasopressin 1B receptor protects against recurrent major depression. Mol Psychiatry. 9: ...
Statement of the Third International Exercise-Associated Hyp... : Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
Arginine vasopressin response to insulin-induced hypoglycemia in man. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1981;53:935-940.. * Cited Here ... Rowe JW, Shelton RL, Helderman JH, et al.. Influence of the emetic reflex on vasopressin release in man. Kidney Int. 1979;16: ... Hew-Butler T, Jordaan E, Stuempfle KJ, et al.. Osmotic and non-osmotic regulation of arginine vasopressin during prolonged ... Siegel AJ, Verbalis JG, Clement S, et al.. Hyponatremia in marathon runners due to inappropriate arginine vasopressin secretion ...
Neuroanatomy of intimacy - Wikipedia
Two important neuropeptides that mediated pair bond formation were oxytocin and arginine vasopressin (AVP). Even though both ... The amygdala, a key player in emotional processing, is suggested different between men and women. In males, emotions are ... oxytocin was shown to be predominantly in females and vasopressin predominantly promoted pair bonding in males. Receptor ... In one study, men and women were shown sentences that suggested sexual and emotional infidelity and rated the intensity of ...
Increase in 24-hour urine production/weight causes nocturnal polyuria due to impaired function of antidiuretic hormone in...
... in 24-hour urine production/weight causes nocturnal polyuria due to impaired function of antidiuretic hormone in elderly men ... arginine vasopressin; AVP) results in the difference in 24-h production/weight and to make indexes of lifestyle advice for ... A total of 205 male patients over 50 years of age were enrolled in the study. Frequency volume chart and fluid intake (time and ... in 24-hour urine production/weight causes nocturnal polyuria due to impaired function of antidiuretic hormone in elderly men.. ...
The Circadian Rhythm of Copeptin, the C-Terminal Portion of Arginine Vasopressin
Minelli R[au] - PubMed - NCBI
Synchrony and specificity in the maternal and the paternal brain: relations to oxytocin and vasopressin. - PubMed - NCBI
Plasma oxytocin and arginine vasopressin, neuropeptides implicated in female and male bonding, were examined as correlates. ... Synchrony and specificity in the maternal and the paternal brain: relations to oxytocin and vasopressin.. Atzil S, et al. J Am ... Fathers showed greater activations in social-cognitive circuits, which correlated with vasopressin. ...
Sodium-Accelerated Platelet Aggregation in Men Predisposed to Essential Hypertension | Clinical Science | Portland Press
Arginine vasopressin release from human platelets after irreversible aggregation Clin Sci (Lond) (January,1990) ... Sodium-Accelerated Platelet Aggregation in Men Predisposed to Essential Hypertension Y. Nara; Y. Nara ... 1. Men with a genetic predisposition to essential hypertension had a significantly higher blood pressure during salt ... Y. Nara, M. Kihara, T. Kanbe, R. Horie, J. Endo, Y. Yamori; Sodium-Accelerated Platelet Aggregation in Men Predisposed to ...
Clinical and Haemodynamic Sequelae of Deep Venous Thrombosis: Retrospective Evaluation after 7-13 Years | Clinical Science |...
Dual Actions of Vasopressin and Oxytocin in Regulation of Water Permeability in Terminal Collecting Duct - NDI Foundation
In contrast, the selective V1a vasopressin-receptor agonist [Phe2,Ile3,Orn8]vasopressin (10 nM) had no effect on vasopressin- ... from rats to investigate the roles of oxytocin and vasopressin in the regulation of osmotic water permeability. Vasopressin and ... which almost completely blocks vasopressin-induced calcium mobilization, also blocked the ability of 10 nM vasopressin to ... vasopressin (10 nM) inhibited vasopressin-stimulated osmotic water permeability. ...
Aldose Reductase-Deficient Mice Develop Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus - NDI Foundation
arginine vasopressin DEFINITION: Vasopressin containing arginine, as that from most mammals, including man. ... To date, the major known cause of NDI is either a lack of arginine vasopressin (AVP), an inability to respond to AVP, or a lack ... in man are bean-shaped organs about 4-1/2 inches long lying behind the peritoneum in a mass of fatty tissue, and consist ... in man are bean-shaped organs about 4-1/2 inches long lying behind the peritoneum in a mass of fatty tissue, and consist ...
Professor Adam Guastella - The University of Sydney
Arginine Vasopressin selectively enhances recognition of sexual cues in male humans. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 36(2), 294-297. ... Arginine Vasopressin selectively enhances recognition of sexual cues in male humans. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 36(2), 294-297. ... Guastella, A., Kenyon, A., Alvares, G., Carson, D., Hickie, I. (2010). Intranasal Arginine Vasopressin Enhances the Encoding of ... Guastella, A., Kenyon, A., Alvares, G., Carson, D., Hickie, I. (2010). Intranasal Arginine Vasopressin Enhances the Encoding of ...
Variation in neural V1aR predicts sexual fidelity and space use among male prairie voles in semi-natural settings | PNAS
In the laboratory, pairing is regulated by arginine vasopressin and its predominant CNS receptor, vasopressin 1a receptor (V1aR ... EPF males overlapped more male home ranges than did IPF males [t(24) = 2.53, P = 0.01] (Fig. 1c), and there was a similar ... IPF males are defined as resident males who sired offspring only with a partner. In total, we found 7 EPF and 19 IPF males. ... Comparing males that sired offspring only with their partner (IPF males) to males that sired offspring at least once outside of ...
Effect of valsartan on angiotensin II- and vasopressin-degrading activities in the kidney of normotensive and hypertensive rats.
Arginine Vasopressin / metabolism*. Blood Pressure / drug effects. Cystinyl Aminopeptidase / metabolism. Drinking / drug ... Male. Placebos. Rats. Rats, Wistar. Tetrazoles / pharmacology*. Valine / analogs & derivatives*, pharmacology*. Chemical. ... 0/Antihypertensive Agents; 0/Placebos; 0/Tetrazoles; 11128-99-7/Angiotensin II; 113-79-1/Arginine Vasopressin; 137862-53-4/ ... We studied the effect of valsartan on angiotensin II- (GluAP) and vasopressin- (CysAP) degrading activities in the kidney in ...
Buy cheap steroids with credit card - Anabolic Steroids For Sale
The expression of IGF-2 is also arginine vasopressin (AVP) immunoreactivity ( Grimes. Development buy cheap steroids with ... If male pattern baldness runs in your genes you will lose target tissues where it mediates numerous biological activities. This ... To lower the risk, get plenty of restful study in which the men of different age took part. It is common knowledge that ... Steroids for Athletes Steroids have like sesame oil, soy oil, and powerful male hormone that regulates everything from body ...
JCI Insight - Arginine vasopressin infusion is sufficient to model clinical features of preeclampsia in mice
Males were put in female cages for 1 night and BP recordings by tail-cuff resumed on GD 2.5. On GD 15.5, mice were transferred ... Arginine vasopressin infusion is sufficient to model clinical features of preeclampsia in mice. Jeremy A. Sandgren,1 Guorui ... Renal and fetal effects of arginine vasopressin (AVP) and AVP-antagonist coinfusion. (A) Effects of saline (n = 32), AVP (n = ... Gene expression profiling of placentas from dams infused with saline (n = 4) or arginine vasopressin (AVP) (n = 6) dams. (A) ...
Frontiers | The Non-Peptide Arginine-Vasopressin v1a Selective Receptor Antagonist, SR49059, Blocks the Rewarding, Prosocial,...
However, there is growing evidence that the oxytocin/vasopressin system can modulate some the effects of MDMA. In this study, ... Taken together, these findings show that the oxytocin/vasopressin system is involved in the rewarding, pro-social and ... alone or in combination with the V1a vasopressin antagonist, SR49059 (0.01-1 ng/kg), before carrying out conditioned place ... alone or in combination with the V1a vasopressin antagonist, SR49059 (0.01-1 ng/kg), before carrying out conditioned place ...
Ontogeny of Monogamy
OT does not affect males in the same way. The most recent evidence suggests that, for males, the hormone arginine vasopressin ( ... Thus, oxytocin and arginine vasopressin are present in both sexes, but they affect them differently. Similar to the hormones ... The avp1r gene codes for the receptor for the hormone arginine vasopressin. There are two alleles for the avp1r microsatellite ... They then mate with the male for 24-48 hours (if able to), and as a result of the mating they develop a pair bond. This ...
CiNii Articles - AZUMA Masayuki
GMS | 7th EFSMA - European Congress of Sports Medicine, 3rd Central European Congress of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,...
The concentration of arginine, vasopressin and natriuretic hormone during sauna procedures increases significantly. In men the ... The changes of oxidant-antioxidant profile in the blood of healthy men after single dry sauna procedure - preliminary study ... men cooled their whole body surface due to cold shower. The blood samples were taken from cubital vein before the entry to ...
Endocrine disruption by dietary phyto-oestrogens: impact on dimorphic sexual systems and behaviours
... regulates transcript levels for oxytocin and arginine vasopressin in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus of male mice. Mol ... No enhancement, however, was observed in males exposed from birth through weaning( 167 ) or in males exposed on only the first ... 2013) Urinary phytoestrogen levels related to idiopathic male infertility in Chinese men. Environ Int 59, 161-167. ... is five to six times larger in males than females( 162 ), and is thought to play a role in male reproductive behaviours and ...
AntidiureticReceptorsRatsVasotocinBehaviorCorticotropin-ReleasiOxytocin and arginine vasopressinHormonesNeuropeptide arginine vasopressinNucleus of the stria terminalisGeneNeuronsConcentrationsFemalesIntranasal administrationHypothalamusRenalAdministration of vasopressinAggressionBehaviorsReceptor antagonistsLysine vasopressinCerebrospinal fluidHumansSecretionIncreasesNasal sprayRegulatesImmunoreactivityAngiotensinGenesSignificantlyPrairie volesPlasmaSelectiveSodiumArg8MammalsPaternalStimulatesAdult maleGlucocorticoidInhibitEffectsAVPR1BRegulationEndogenousDexamethasoneCorticosteroneEvidenceSubstancesDiabetesDesmopressinSufficientOsmotic
- Increase in 24-hour urine production/weight causes nocturnal polyuria due to impaired function of antidiuretic hormone in elderly men. (curehunter.com)
- The current view of the molecular process leading to the reabsorption of body water flowing through the inner medullary collecting duct ( IMCD ) gives primacy to the antidiuretic hormone , arginine vasopressin ( AVP ). (ndif.org)
- Chronic administration of vasopressin [antidiuretic hormone (ADH)] antagonists has been shown to produce a paradoxical antidiuresis in both ADH-replete and ADH-deplete (diabetes insipidus) rats. (aspetjournals.org)
- The antidiuretic profiles associated with these antagonists do not coincide with the profiles of potent ADH agonists, arginine vasopressin and 1-deamino-8-D-arginine vasopressin. (aspetjournals.org)
- To investigate the mechanism of the antidiuretic effect of ADH antagonists, male diabetes insipidus rats were administered antagonists selective for the renal [adenylate cyclase-coupled (V2)] or pressor (phosphytidyl inositol-coupled) vasopressin receptor and urine output (volume and osmolality) and renal vasopressin receptor properties (concentration and affinity) were determined and compared to rats treated with arginine vasopressin or 1-deamino-8-D-arginine vasopressin. (aspetjournals.org)
- After acute administration, only the V2-acting antagonists were antidiuretic, but were 3 orders of magnitude less potent than 1-deamino-8-D-arginine vasopressin. (aspetjournals.org)
- Following chronic administration, all of the antagonists were antidiuretic, but the level of antidiuresis achieved with the phosphytidyl inositol-coupled vasopressin receptor-selective antagonist was 2- to 3-fold lower than for analogs with V2 activity. (aspetjournals.org)
- Arginine vasopressin ( AVP ), also known as argipressin or antidiuretic hormone ( ADH ), is a hormone found in most mammals, including man. (wikidoc.org)
- In a healthy person, an antidiuretic (urine-limiting) hormone called arginine vasopressin (AVP) sends a signal to the kidneys to control the concentration of urine. (livingnaturally.com)
- These components during fluid deprivation include release of the antidiuretic hormone, arginine vasopressin (AVP), and upregulation of the abundance of aquaporin-2 (AQP2) water channels in the principal cells of the collecting duct. (asnjournals.org)
- V1B receptor was previously known as vasopressin 3 receptor or antidiuretic hormone receptor 1b. (multispaninc.com)
- AVPR1B is a vasopressin receptor and belongs to the subfamily of G-protein coupled receptors . (citizendium.org)
- Lolait SJ, Stewart LQ, Jessop DS, Young WS 3rd, O'Carroll AM. The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis response to stress in mice lacking functional vasopressin V1b receptors. (citizendium.org)
- Receptor specificity was shown essential for mating by activating the dopamine D2 receptors in the nucleus accumbens in both male and female prairie voles. (wikipedia.org)
- AVP does this by binding with other vasopressin receptors other than V2R and then stimulating, not the AdC pathway , but the phosphoinositide signaling pathway in IMCD cells . (ndif.org)
- These receptors may be vasopressin receptors such as V1a, but they also might include oxytocin (OXT) receptors . (ndif.org)
- Up-regulation of renal adenylate cyclase-coupled vasopressin receptors after chronic administration of vasopressin antagonists to rats. (aspetjournals.org)
- Evidence for this comes from experimental studies in several species, which indicate that the precise distribution of vasopressin and vasopressin receptors in the brain is associated with species-typical patterns of social behavior. (wikidoc.org)
- In particular, there are consistent differences between monogamous species and promiscuous species in the distribution of vasopressin receptors, and sometimes in the distribution of vasopressin-containing axons, even when closely-related species are compared. (wikidoc.org)
- In addition, knockout of V1B gene has shown reduction of vasopressin- stimulated insulin release from islet cells is mediated via V1b receptors. (multispaninc.com)
- We conducted studies in isolated perfused terminal inner medullary collecting ducts ( IMCD ) from rats to investigate the roles of oxytocin and vasopressin in the regulation of osmotic water permeability . (ndif.org)
- Effect of valsartan on angiotensin II- and vasopressin-degrading activities in the kidney of normotensive and hypertensive rats. (biomedsearch.com)
- Adolescent binge alcohol exposure increases risk assessment behaviors in male Wistar rats after exposure to an acute psychological stressor in adulthood Torcaso, A. (loyolamedicine.org)
- Neurohormonal effects of oxytocin and vasopressin receptor agonists on spinal pain processing in male rats. (academicjournals.org)
- Infected male rats display an attraction to their feline predators. (ntu.edu.sg)
- Expression of the vasopressin and oxytocin genes in rats occurs in mutually exclusive sets of hypothalamic neurons. (semanticscholar.org)
- The present study investigated the effects of rimonabant on organ dysfunction, hematologic parameters, and vascular reactivity in male Wistar rats with sepsis induced by CLP. (springer.com)
- The long-term consequences of neonatal endotoxin exposure on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA) function were assessed in adult female and male Long-Evans rats. (jneurosci.org)
- Apelin-13 and APJ in paraventricular nucleus contribute to hypertension via sympathetic activation and vasopressin release in spontaneously hypertensive rats. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- This study was designed to determine the roles and mechanisms of apelin-13 and APJ in paraventricular nucleus (PVN) in renal sympathetic nerve activity (RSNA), arginine vasopressin (AVP) release and mean arterial pressure (MAP) in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Acute experiment was carried out in 13-week-old male SHR and Wistar-Kyoto rats (WKY) under anaesthesia. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- However, with 36 h of water deprivation, HT rats demonstrated significantly greater urine flow rates and decreased urine and medullary osmolality as compared with CTL and HT+T rats at comparable plasma vasopressin concentrations. (asnjournals.org)
- Male Sprague-Dawley rats weighing 180 to 220 g were used for the experiments. (asnjournals.org)
- OBJECTIVE: To investigate the mechanism by which doublecortin promotes the recovery of cytoskeleton in arginine vasopressin (AVP) neurons in rats with electrical lesions of the pituitary stalk (PEL). (bvsalud.org)
- In chickens, central administration of CRF, oxytocin, or arginine-vasotocin (AVT, a nonmammalian equivalent of arginine-vasopressin) suppresses food intake. (biomedsearch.com)
- Species, sex and individual differences in the vasotocin/vasopressin system: relationship to neurochemical signaling in the social behavior neural network. (semanticscholar.org)
- The researchers also analyzed how another hormone, arginine vasotocin, influences paternal care in anemonefish. (eurekalert.org)
- All these peptides -- isotocin and oxytocin, arginine vasopressin and vasotocin -- have very similar genetics and very similar molecular structures across species," Rhodes said. (eurekalert.org)
- When the researchers blocked vasotocin in one of a pair of male anemonefish, the treated males displayed significantly less aggression than their untreated counterparts. (eurekalert.org)
- We also investigated the effects of arginine vasotocin on chirping. (biologists.org)
- This peptide is known to modulate communication and other types of behavior in many species, and we found that arginine vasotocin decreased the production of type-II chirps by males and also increased the production of type-I chirps in a subset of males. (biologists.org)
- The chirping of most females was not significantly affected by arginine vasotocin. (biologists.org)
- For example, in several species of mammals and birds, the distribution of the neuropeptide hormones arginine vasotocin (AVT) and arginine vasopressin (AVP) in the pre-optic and septal regions of the brain differs between the sexes. (britannica.com)
- We are also characterizing the neural circuits through which vasotocin, the ancestral homologue of vasopressin, promotes context-dependent social withdrawal in male goldfish, as well as the receptor mechanisms that underlie its ability to have different behavioral effects in different social contexts. (bowdoin.edu)
- In vertebrates, 9-amino acid containing peptides in the vasopressin/oxytocin family all evolved from a common ancestral molecule, vasotocin, in which a gene mutation gave rise to the mammalian homologue, vasopressin. (bowdoin.edu)
- For example, in the HNS pathway, the gene encoding arginine vasotocin (AVT), previously believed specific to male behaviours, was amongst those genes most associated with aggression, and AVT inhibited dominant female aggression, as in males. (biomedcentral.com)
- Vasopressin V1b receptor knockout reduces aggressive behavior in male mice. (citizendium.org)
- Disruption of the vasopressin 1b receptor gene impairs the attack component of aggressive behavior in mice. (citizendium.org)
- Among males, these species differences in behavior are caused in part by stable differences in V1aR expression within the forebrain ( 10 , 11 ). (pnas.org)
- This distribution leads to behavioral changes as long alleled voles show stronger partner preference and more pup-licking behavior than short alleled males. (reed.edu)
- 2014). Role of arginine vasopressin in modulating plasticity in defensive behavior. (ntu.edu.sg)
- Arginine vasopressin (AVP) is a neuropeptide widely implicated in social behavior. (ntu.edu.sg)
- s.c.) in infected males was sufficient to reverse Toxoplasma gondii infection induced behavior changes. (ntu.edu.sg)
- Based on these findings I propose a model for plasticity of social behavior wherein changes in external environment are mirrored by changes in testosterone levels in males. (ntu.edu.sg)
- In this study we examined how pharmacological activation of the serotonin 1A receptor affects social behavior, and peripheral hormones in the adult male titi monkey in an established pair bond. (asp.org)
- In recent years there has been particular interest in the role of vasopressin in social behavior. (wikidoc.org)
- There is also evidence that differences in the vasopressin receptor gene between individual members of a species might be predictive of differences in social behavior. (wikidoc.org)
- Together, our results suggest that where OXT release is stimulated during a monogamous relationship, it may additionally promote its maintenance by making men avoid signaling romantic interest to other women through close-approach behavior during social encounters. (jneurosci.org)
- Humans and other mammalian species exhibiting monogamous pair-bonds also show biparental behavior, leading to the theory that while reproductively costly for males, monogamy evolves in species to help ensure offspring survival ( Low, 2003 ). (jneurosci.org)
- Work in my lab explores how steroid hormones and neuropeptides in the vasopressin / oxytocin family influence social behavior in vertebrates. (bowdoin.edu)
- They found that low concentrations of the molecule-called arginine vasopressin, or AVP-in the cerebrospinal fluid corresponded to autism-like social behavior in male monkeys, while a high AVP concentration signaled the most social animals. (geneticliteracyproject.org)
- Blood-brain barrier (BBB) competency and composition were examined along with depressive-like behavior and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal function in male and female mice. (deepdyve.com)
- Using the tail-suspension test, male and female offspring from dex-treated mothers had significantly shorter latencies to immobility, indicating an increase in depression-like behavior, and showed greater plasma corticosterone after restraint stress, which was significantly greater in female offspring from dex-treated mothers even after recovery. (deepdyve.com)
- Highly selective peptide and nonpeptide vasopressin receptor antagonists have been developed and pharmacological studies have provided evidence for its role in stress related behavior and disorders including anxiety disorders and depression, while deletion of the V1B gene in mice has been shown to greatly reduce aggression. (multispaninc.com)
- Neonatal endotoxin treatment elevated resting-state median eminence levels of corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and arginine vasopressin in adult male animals, and arginine vasopressin in both adult males and females. (jneurosci.org)
- In response to physical or emotional stress, neuroendocrine cells within the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus (PVN) release corticotropin-releasing hormone/factor and arginine vasopressin, which stimulates cells within the anterior pituitary to secrete adrenocorticotropin hormone. (deepdyve.com)
- In mice, the highest vascular density is localized to the rostral two-thirds of the PVN , which coincides with the majority of neuroendocrine neurons (i.e., corticotropin-releasing hormone/factor and arginine vasopressin) . (deepdyve.com)
Oxytocin and arginine vasopressin4
- Plasma oxytocin and arginine vasopressin, neuropeptides implicated in female and male bonding, were examined as correlates. (nih.gov)
- Two important neuropeptides that mediated pair bond formation were oxytocin and arginine vasopressin (AVP). (wikipedia.org)
- Thus, oxytocin and arginine vasopressin are present in both sexes, but they affect them differently. (reed.edu)
- In mammals, the brain-gut peptide neuromedin U (NMU) suppresses food intake via hypothalamic neuropeptides, corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), oxytocin, and arginine-vasopressin. (biomedsearch.com)
- The genes for the hypothalamic hormones vasopressin and oxytocin are located in close proximity to each other within the rat genome. (semanticscholar.org)
- Pre- and postnatally, at times specific to each species, the developing testis of young male mammals produces a brief surge of steroid hormones that is responsible for the development of male reproductive structures and mating behaviours. (britannica.com)
- Early exposure to other, nongonadal hormones, such as AVP, has been shown to increase levels of aggression in adult males. (britannica.com)
- In this paper, two laboratory experiments are described using the hormones oxytocin (OT) and arginine vasopressin (AVP). (uni-muenchen.de)
- Neuroeconomist and author Paul Zak asserts there are three specific hormones that inspire us to pursue monogamy: oxytocin, arginine vasopressin, and testosterone. (ebony.com)
- Daily patterns of secretion of neurohypophysial hormones in man: effect of age. (tahomaclinic.com)
- The neurohypophysial hormone vasopressin contributes to control of urine output and, while urine flow shows a clear daily rhythm, there has been debate as to whether this is true of neurohypophysial hormones. (tahomaclinic.com)
- A study was performed on fifteen adult males, with a mean age of 25 years, over a 24 h period, nine blood samples being taken at regular intervals for the determination of neurohypophysial hormones and indices of fluid balance. (tahomaclinic.com)
- These observations confirm the existence of a daily rhythm in the plasma concentrations of neurohypophysial hormones and indicate that the amplitude of the vasopressin change decreases with age. (tahomaclinic.com)
Neuropeptide arginine vasopressin2
- However, we recently found that cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) concentration of the "social" neuropeptide arginine vasopressin (AVP) is significantly lower in pediatric ASD cases vs. controls. (stanford.edu)
- Here we overcome this barrier by providing evidence that mean CSF concentration of the "social" neuropeptide arginine vasopressin (AVP) is lower in children with autism versus controls. (stanford.edu)
Nucleus of the stria terminalis1
- Development of these behaviors may be driven by transient increases in testosterone following paternal retrievals and increased adult arginine vasopressin (AVP) immunoreactivity within the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BNST) among high-care (HC) offspring. (frontiersin.org)
- In the current study, we investigate the contributions of a neuroendocrine gene, the vasopressin 1a receptor (V1aR), to individual differences in male reproductive tactics and mating success among socially monogamous prairie voles ( Microtus ochrogaster ). (pnas.org)
- The avp1r gene codes for the receptor for the hormone arginine vasopressin. (reed.edu)
- An association was likewise observed for rs1042615 of the arginine vasopressin receptor gene (AVPR1A). (dericbownds.net)
- Male and female mice were injected with MA (1 mg/kg) or saline for comparison of plasma corticosterone and analysis of the immediate early gene c-Fos in brain. (wiley.com)
- Substantial differences occurred in gene expression profiles between dominant and subordinate males associated with phenotypic differences in aggressiveness and, for the chosen gene set, they occurred mainly in the hypothalamus and telencephalon. (biomedcentral.com)
- 2010. Opposing actions of endothelin-1 on glutamatergic transmission onto vasopressin and oxytocin neurons in the supraoptic nucleus. (springer.com)
- Vasopressin is released into the brain in a circadian rhythm by neurons of the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus . (wikidoc.org)
- Vasopressin released from centrally-projecting hypothalamic neurons is involved in aggression, blood pressure regulation and temperature regulation. (wikidoc.org)
- 1) Oxytocin , like vasopressin , has dual effects on osmotic water permeability , increasing it at subnanomolar concentrations and inhibiting it at suprananomolar concentrations . (ndif.org)
- A daily variation in the plasma concentrations of oxytocin and vasopressin was demonstrated with concentrations reaching a nadir in the late afternoon. (tahomaclinic.com)
- Vasopressin concentrations were inversely correlated with packed cell volume, indicating that the altered hormone release was affecting fluid retention. (tahomaclinic.com)
- Anxiety-like behaviors are reduced in males but not females. (jax.org)
- Additionally, T levels were higher among HC than LC females, but no differences were found in males. (frontiersin.org)
- Even though both males and females have both molecules, oxytocin was shown to be predominantly in females and vasopressin predominantly promoted pair bonding in males. (wikipedia.org)
- Wandering males, in contrast, have expansive home ranges that overlap many males and females. (pnas.org)
- Although prairie voles are considered socially monogamous, in natural settings, a significant number of males and females are single at any given time ( 16 ). (pnas.org)
- Most males behave monogamously and adopt a "resident" tactic, but some males assume a nonterritorial "wandering" tactic characterized by large home ranges that overlap multiple males and females. (pnas.org)
- Although, in field studies, prairie voles are usually found in communal burrows with a single breeding pair, 45% of males and 24% of females do adopt a "wandering strategy" and do not settle down with a single partner ( Nair and Young, 2006 ). (reed.edu)
- The salt-wasting form is characterized by severe renal salt loss as a consequence of aldosterone deficiency whereas the simple virilizing form is characterized by virilization of external genitalia (clitoromegaly in females and penile growth in males) and precocious pseudopuberty as a result of adrenal androgen overproduction. (springer.com)
- After 1 hr of cohabitation and pretreatment with either AVP or OT, both males and females exhibited increased social contact and significant preference for the familiar partner. (rti.org)
- The close link between aggression and testosterone is not surprising, given that males of many species fight over access to fertile females, but the connection is complex. (britannica.com)
- Neonatal exposure to endotoxin also increased CRH mRNA expression in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus of adult males, with no difference in females. (jneurosci.org)
- MA increased the number of c-Fos and c-Fos/glucocorticoid receptor (GR) dual-labeled cells to a greater extent in males than females in the cingulate and CA3 regions. (wiley.com)
- Methamphetamine induces a prolonged plasma corticosterone response in females compared to males. (wiley.com)
- The impact of 7R+ on infidelity and/or promiscuity in males and females appeared to be about the same. (ebony.com)
- Females have two X chromosomes, whereas males have one X and one Y chromosome. (livingnaturally.com)
- Males are most likely to have symptoms of inherited X-linked NDI because they receive only one X chromosome, compared to females who inherit two X chromosomes. (livingnaturally.com)
- Males and females are equally likely to display symptoms of the autosomal forms of inherited NDI because this form of the disorder is not linked to a sex chromosome. (livingnaturally.com)
- Among the various behavioural effects of OT are prosocial actions such as the promotion of maternal care and aggression, pair-bonding, sexual behaviour in males and females, social cognition, social memory and social support (for review see Bielsky & Young, 2004 , Donaldson & Young, 2008 , Neumann, 2009 ). (intechopen.com)
- Numerous studies have firmly established the dogma that TxA 2 , while important in pathophysiological states in males, plays little or no role in the regulation of vascular tone or BP in females, except in the pulmonary vasculature. (physiology.org)
- In this randomized placebo-controlled trial, we provide the first behavioral evidence that the intranasal administration of OXT stimulates men in a monogamous relationship, but not single ones, to keep a much greater distance (∼10-15 cm) between themselves and an attractive woman during a first encounter. (jneurosci.org)
- A single i.m. injection or sub-chronic intranasal administration of either lysine-vasopressin (LVP) or 1-deamino-8-D-arginine-vasopressin (DDAVP) normalized the disturbed memory functions in DI patients. (tahomaclinic.com)
- In two pharmacological experiments, we show that intranasal administration of arginine vasopressin (AVP), a hormone that regulates mammalian social behaviors such as monogamy and aggression, increases humans' tendency to engage in mutually beneficial cooperation. (dericbownds.net)
- Specifically, current research also suggests components, such as the hypothalamus, as playing a role in romantic love because it possesses the penchant for bonding in mammals by secreting the neuropeptides, oxytocin and vasopressin. (wikipedia.org)
- Adolescent binge-pattern alcohol exposure alters genome-wide DNA methylation patterns in the hypothalamus of alcohol-naive male offspring Asimes, A. (loyolamedicine.org)
- In golden hamsters, arginine vasopressin microinjections into the anterior hypothalamus trigger robust grooming and flank marking, a stereotyped scent marking behaviors. (umassmed.edu)
- Finally, renal vasopressin receptor concentration was significantly elevated 24 hr after cessation of antagonist treatment. (aspetjournals.org)
- Kidney function can decline as part of the normal ageing process with decrease in kidney mass, declines in renal blood flow and glomerular filtration rate, distal renal tubular diluting capacity, renal concentrating capacity, sodium conservation and renal response to vasopressin. (nrv.gov.au)
- vasopressin U. S. P.-is well known.1 It promotes the resorption of water by its action on the renal tubules.Interest in this hormonal effect was stimulated by a desire to increase the hemodilution following water drinking as a provocative test for glaucoma. (tahomaclinic.com)
Administration of vasopressin1
- It was hoped that the more intense and uncompensated decrease of osmotic pressure of the plasma produced by the administration of vasopressin with the water might lead to more consistent changes and a higher percentage of significant rises in intraocular pressure in glaucoma suspects. (tahomaclinic.com)
- Aggression in males is facilitated by implants of AVT in the limbic system and inhibited by implants of AVP. (britannica.com)
- Moreover, studies involving either injecting vasopressin agonists into the brain, or blocking the actions of vasopressin, support the hypothesis that vasopressin is involved in aggression towards other males. (wikidoc.org)
- Here we show that arginine vasopressin (AVP), a neuropeptide that mediates complex mammalian social behaviors such as pair bonding, social recognition and aggression causally increases humans' willingness to engage in risky, mutually beneficial cooperation. (dericbownds.net)
- This allows us to look at how the brain regulates male parental care in isolation from other behaviors that occur simultaneously. (eurekalert.org)
- In my lab, we explore the molecular, cellular, and behavioral mechanisms through which two types of molecules, sex steroids and neuropeptides in the vasopressin/oxytocin family, act within those circuits to influence social behaviors associated with reproduction. (bowdoin.edu)
- Vasopressin is a hormone that is produced naturally within the body and has been implicated in regulating social behaviors. (stanford.edu)
- The intensity and repetition of the behaviors induced by arginine vasopressin is somewhat reminiscent of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in humans. (umassmed.edu)
- BACKGROUND: Atrial fibrillation (AF) frequently coexists with congestive heart failure (HF) and arginine vasopressin (AVP) V1 receptor antagonists are used to treat hyponatremia in HF. (bvsalud.org)
- A very similar substance, lysine vasopressin ( LVP ) or lypressin , has the same function in pigs and is often used in human therapy. (wikidoc.org)
- Effects of lysine-vasopressin and 1-deamino-8-D-arginine-vasopressin on memory in healthy individuals and diabetes insipidus patients. (tahomaclinic.com)
- Cerebrospinal fluid vasopressin and symptom severity in children with autism. (stanford.edu)
- It also has a homolog in humans, known as arginine vasopressin. (eurekalert.org)
- A complimentary line of research explores how vasopressin modulates social perceptions in humans, and through a collaboration with a colleague at Emory University, where within our own brains it produces such influences. (bowdoin.edu)
- BACKGROUND: Alterations in arginine vasopressin regulation and secretion have been proposed as one possible biochemical abnormality in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder. (umassmed.edu)
- The concentration of arginine, vasopressin and natriuretic hormone during sauna procedures increases significantly. (egms.de)
- Type-I chirps (EOD frequency increases averaging 650Hz and lasting approximately 25ms) are preferentially produced by males in response to EOD mimics with a frequency of 50-200Hz higher or lower than that of their own. (biologists.org)
- Vasopressin, as the name tells, increases the resistance of the peripheral vessles and thus increases arterial blood pressure. (wikidoc.org)
- Prolonged exercise increases peripheral plasma ACTH, CRH, and AVP in male athletes. (semanticscholar.org)
- CONCLUSIONS: AVP increases PV arrhythmogenesis with dysregulated Ca2+ homeostasis through vasopressin V1 signaling. (bvsalud.org)
- Steroids for Athletes Steroids have like sesame oil, soy oil, and powerful male hormone that regulates everything from body composition to libido. (gaspowered.com)
- BACKGROUND: Arginine vasopressin (AVP) regulates water balance and blood pressure and plays a role in social behavioral processes. (uzh.ch)
- The expression of IGF-2 is also arginine vasopressin (AVP) immunoreactivity ( Grimes. (gaspowered.com)
- We studied the effect of valsartan on angiotensin II- (GluAP) and vasopressin- (CysAP) degrading activities in the kidney in the rat model of renovascular hypertension, Goldblatt two-kidney one-clip. (biomedsearch.com)
- Effects of angiotensin II on arginine-vasopressin in physiological and pathological situations in man. (springer.com)
- Historically, the vasodilatory prostanoids, especially prostacyclin and prostaglandin E 2 , are believed to contribute significantly to the regulation of normal vascular tone and blood pressure (BP), primarily by counteracting the prevailing effects of the systemic vasoconstrictor systems, including angiotensin II, the catecholamines, and vasopressin. (physiology.org)
- 1. Men with a genetic predisposition to essential hypertension had a significantly higher blood pressure during salt restriction and a greater elevation of blood pressure in response to salt loading than men without such a genetic predisposition. (portlandpress.com)
- 2. The activity of platelet aggregation was significantly greater in men with a genetic predisposition to essential hypertension. (portlandpress.com)
- Copeptin showed significantly increased risk of CHD in both groups of men but these associations were attenuated after exclusion of those with previous MI/stroke. (gla.ac.uk)
- For PVN vasculature, female offspring of vehicle (veh)-treated mothers had significantly more astrocytes and pericytes than male offspring from the same litters. (deepdyve.com)
- Female offspring from dexamethasone (dex)-treated mothers had significantly lower levels of astrocytes than female offspring from veh-treated mothers, whereas male offspring from dex-treated mothers had greater levels of pericytes compared with veh-treated male offspring. (deepdyve.com)
- Although prairie voles ( Microtus ochrogaster ) are socially monogamous, males vary in both sexual and spatial fidelity. (pnas.org)
- We investigated individual differences in forebrain V1aR expression of male prairie voles in mixed-sex seminatural enclosures. (pnas.org)
- Injections of vasopressin (AVP) antagonists into either the lateral septum (LS) or the ventral pallidum (VPall) disrupt pairbonding in male prairie voles but do not alter mating ( 12 , 13 ). (pnas.org)
- Developmental Exposure to Oxytocin Facilitates Partner Preferences in Male Prairie Voles (Microtus ochrogaster). (uni-muenchen.de)
- 1. Eight normal volunteers were infused with 5% saline (5 g of NaCl/100 ml) at a rate of 0.06 ml min −1 kg −1 for 120 min to increase plasma osmolality and plasma arginine vasopressin. (clinsci.org)
- α-hANP produced significant suppression of mean plasma arginine vasopressin over the 60 min after the infusions. (clinsci.org)
- Mean changes over 4-21 min of plasma arginine vasopressin (AVP) were 6.1 +/- 0.9 for NaCl (P less than 0.01), 9.3 +/- 3.0 for LiCl (P less than 0.01), 4.5 +/- 1.3 for sodium isethionate (P less than 0.01), 2.8 +/- 0.9 for sucrose (P less than 0.025), 3.9 +/- 2.8 for mannitol (P less than 0.01), and -0.1 +/- 0.1 (SE) pg/ml for urea. (nih.gov)
- Effects of diltiazem on plasma arginine vasopressin, aldosterone level and plasma renin activity in man. (nii.ac.jp)
- Blood plasma was assayed for oxytocin, vasopressin and cortisol. (asp.org)
- 9. Davies R, Slater JDH, Forsling ML, Payne N. The response of arginine vasopressin and plasma rennin to postural change in normal man, with observations to syncope. (cogprints.org)
- Consistent with this was the observation that the relationship of plasma osmolality to vasopressin depended on the time of day. (tahomaclinic.com)
- We hypothesize that ginger ameliorates the nausea associated with motion sickness by preventing the development of gastric dysrhythmias and the elevation of plasma vasopressin. (tahomaclinic.com)
- Thirteen volunteers with a history of motion sickness underwent circular vection, during which nausea (scored 0-3, i.e., none to severe), electrogastrographic recordings, and plasma vasopressin levels were assessed with or without ginger pretreatment in a crossover-design, double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled study. (tahomaclinic.com)
- Furthermore, when examining both male and female children exposed during fetal development to glucocorticoids who were born at term (eliminating premature birth as a variable), there was a female-specific increase in plasma cortisol after a mild psychosocial stressor . (deepdyve.com)
- Serradeil-Le Gal C, Wagnon J 3rd, Tonnerre B, Roux R, Garcia G, Griebel G, Aulombard A. An overview of SSR149415, a selective nonpeptide vasopressin V(1b) receptor antagonist for the treatment of stress-related disorders. (citizendium.org)
- Both the selective oxytocin - receptor agonist [Thr4,Gly7]oxytocin (10 nM) and the selective V1b agonist [deamino1,D-3-(pyridyl)Ala2,Arg8]vasopressin (10 nM) inhibited vasopressin -stimulated osmotic water permeability . (ndif.org)
- In contrast, the selective V1a vasopressin - receptor agonist [Phe2,Ile3,Orn8]vasopressin (10 nM) had no effect on vasopressin -stimulated osmotic water permeability . (ndif.org)
- Eight male subjects were administered 0.1mg/kg 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)-tetralin (8-OH-DPAT, a selective serotonin 1A receptor agonist) or saline vehicle daily for 15 consecutive days. (asp.org)
- V1B, a G protein coupled receptor, also called arginine vasopressin 1B (AVPR1B), is a receptor for neurohypophyseal peptide [Arg8]-vasopressin. (multispaninc.com)
- AVP enhances attachment and bonding with kin in monogamous male mammals (Jennifer N. Ferguson et al. (uni-muenchen.de)
- touch, and nearly any positive social signal… Arginine vasopressin motivates mate- and offspring-guarding in male socially monogamous mammals, an important aspect of pair-bonding. (ebony.com)
- Synchrony and specificity in the maternal and the paternal brain: relations to oxytocin and vasopressin. (nih.gov)
- AVPR1B was initially described as a novel vasopressin receptor located in the anterior pituitary , where it stimulates ACTH release (1) , especially in synergism with corticotropin releasing factor . (citizendium.org)
- Testosterone may play a role in maintaining peptide vasopression levels in the adult male brain. (greenmedinfo.com)
- This may be mediated by increased neural activation, involving a greater activation of glucocorticoid receptor-positive cells, in males in the CA3 and cingulate brain regions, which are involved in negative feedback functions. (wiley.com)
- To determine whether glucocorticoid administration would alter humoral and metabolic regulation during exercise, we administered 4 mg dexamethasone (DEX) or placebo to 11 normal, moderately trained men (19-42 yr old) in a double blinded random fashion 4 h before high intensity intermittent treadmill running. (semanticscholar.org)
- These studies demonstrate that fetal glucocorticoid expose disrupts the HPA axis, more frequently in female than in male individuals, but the mechanisms are not understood. (deepdyve.com)
- The oxytocin/vasopressin- receptor antagonist [des-glycinamide9,d(CH2)5(1),O-Me-Tyr2,Thr4,Orn8]vasot ocin, which almost completely blocks vasopressin -induced calcium mobilization , also blocked the ability of 10 nM vasopressin to inhibit osmotic water permeability relative to that found with 0.1 nM vasopressin . (ndif.org)
- The present experiments were carried out to test whether pharmacological agents used to alleviate obsessive compulsive disorder could inhibit arginine vasopressin-induced flank marking and grooming. (umassmed.edu)
- Evidence that the effects of arginine-8-vasopressin (AVP) on pituitary corticotropin (ACTH) release are mediated by a novel type of receptor. (citizendium.org)
- Immunohistochemical localization of the vasopressin V1b receptor in the rat brain and pituitary gland: anatomical support for its involvement in the central effects of vasopressin. (citizendium.org)
- Vasopressin and oxytocin were found to have both stimulatory effects (at 0.1 nM) and inhibitory effects (at 10 nM) on osmotic water permeability . (ndif.org)
- However, there is growing evidence that the oxytocin (OT)/vasopressin system can modulate some the effects of MDMA. (frontiersin.org)
- Taken together, these findings show that the OT/vasopressin system is involved in the rewarding, prosocial, and anxiolytic effects of MDMA, DOB, and PMA in zebra fish and underline the association between this system and the behavioral alterations associated with disorders related to substance abuse. (frontiersin.org)
- Experiment 1 found that dyads showed smaller interpersonal time lags of counting and greater inter-brain synchrony of alpha-band neural oscillations during the coordination (vs control) task and these effects were reliably observed in female but not male dyads. (dericbownds.net)
- This study compared the effects of centrally administered oxytocin (OT) and arginine vasopressin (AVP) on partner preference formation and social contact in male and female prairie votes (Microtus ochrogaster). (rti.org)
- We examined the effects of arginine vasopressin, when substituted for norepinephrine as a vasopressor in septic shock, on global and hepatosplanchnic hemodynamic and oxygen transport variables.Experimental study.Intensive care unit.Twelve septic shock patients.Norepinephrine was replaced by vasopressin in a dose sufficient to keep mean arterial blood pressure constant. (tripdatabase.com)
- Targeting the arginine vasopressin system may have beneficial effects on CVD mortality and stroke risk in older men with diabetes. (gla.ac.uk)
- Effects of desglycinamide-arginine-vasopressin (DG-AVP) on memory processes in diabetes insipidus patients and non-diabetic subjects. (tahomaclinic.com)
- The effects of desglycinamide9-arginine8-vasopressin (DG-AVP) on memory processes have been studied in patients with central diabetes insipidus (DI) and in non-diabetic control patients. (tahomaclinic.com)
- The roles of this dense vascular bed are unknown and have been studied only in male mice, supporting the need for future studies to include female subjects to determine sex-specific effects. (deepdyve.com)
- Arginine vasopressin receptor 1B (AVPR1B, vasopressin 3 receptor) is a protein that acts as cell surface receptor for arginine vasopressin . (citizendium.org)
- Sex-specific associations between endogenous levels of oxytocin (OT) and arginine vasopressin (AVP) with clinical symptoms and cognition in untreated early course patients have not been examined. (rti.org)
- Conclusion: Results suggest an association of endogenous AVP with increased positive symptom severity and worse cognition in untreated female, but not male, schizophrenia patients. (rti.org)
- Inhibitory effect of dexamethasone on arginine-vasopressin release induced by physical exercise in man. (semanticscholar.org)
- There was a prolonged elevation in corticosterone levels in female compared to male mice. (wiley.com)
- The most recent evidence suggests that, for males, the hormone arginine vasopressin (APV) seems to be the decisive element ( Wang, 2006 ). (reed.edu)
- Our findings provide first evidence that OT enhances inter-brain synchrony in male adults to facilitate social coordination. (dericbownds.net)
- Evidence that facial recognition systems misclassify gender more often for darker-skinned women than for lighter-skinned men has led to refinements in computer vision 2 . (nature.com)
- The aim of the study was to indicate the effect of dry sauna on the activity of antioxidant enzymes (PON - paraoxonase, CAT - catalase, SOD - superoxide dismutase, GPx - glutathione peroxidase) and also on the concentration of lipid peroxidation product (TBARS - thiobarbituric acid reactive substances) in blood of healthy men. (egms.de)
- Low arginine vasopressin levels in patients with diabetes insipidus are not associated with anaemia. (onmedica.com)
- Objective: To examine the association between copeptin (a surrogate marker of arginine vasopressin) and incident stroke, coronary heart disease (CHD) and cardiovascular mortality in older men with and without diabetes. (gla.ac.uk)
- By contrast elevated copeptin was associated with increased risk of stroke and CVD mortality in men with diabetes after these adjustment Compared to those in the lowest tertile of copeptin the adjusted relative hazards ratio for stroke and CVD deaths were 2.36 (1.01,5.54) and 1.99 (1.01,3.92) respectively for men in the top tertile. (gla.ac.uk)
- Conclusion- Copeptin was independently associated with increased risk of incident stroke and CVD mortality in men with diabetes but not in men without diabetes. (gla.ac.uk)
- However, the synthetic vasopressin analogue desmopressin has come to interest as a likely nootropic . (wikidoc.org)
- Maintaining hydration sufficient to reduce levels of arginine vasopressin has been hypothesised to slow kidney cyst growth in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD). (mdpi.com)
- Arginine vasopressin (AVP) is released upon osmotic stimulation or hypovolemia in order to maintain water balance. (onmedica.com)