An imaging technique using compounds labelled with short-lived positron-emitting radionuclides (such as carbon-11, nitrogen-13, oxygen-15 and fluorine-18) to measure cell metabolism. It has been useful in study of soft tissues such as CANCER; CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM; and brain. SINGLE-PHOTON EMISSION-COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY is closely related to positron emission tomography, but uses isotopes with longer half-lives and resolution is lower.
Genes whose loss of function or gain of function MUTATION leads to the death of the carrier prior to maturity. They may be essential genes (GENES, ESSENTIAL) required for viability, or genes which cause a block of function of an essential gene at a time when the essential gene function is required for viability.
The compound is given by intravenous injection to do POSITRON-EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY for the assessment of cerebral and myocardial glucose metabolism in various physiological or pathological states including stroke and myocardial ischemia. It is also employed for the detection of malignant tumors including those of the brain, liver, and thyroid gland. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1162)
A single, unpaired primary lymphoid organ situated in the MEDIASTINUM, extending superiorly into the neck to the lower edge of the THYROID GLAND and inferiorly to the fourth costal cartilage. It is necessary for normal development of immunologic function early in life. By puberty, it begins to involute and much of the tissue is replaced by fat.
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
Combination or superimposition of two images for demonstrating differences between them (e.g., radiograph with contrast vs. one without, radionuclide images using different radionuclides, radiograph vs. radionuclide image) and in the preparation of audiovisual materials (e.g., offsetting identical images, coloring of vessels in angiograms).
Sensitivity and Specificity
Radioactive substances added in minute amounts to the reacting elements or compounds in a chemical process and traced through the process by appropriate detection methods, e.g., Geiger counter. Compounds containing tracers are often said to be tagged or labeled. (Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Animals which have become adapted through breeding in captivity to a life intimately associated with humans. They include animals domesticated by humans to live and breed in a tame condition on farms or ranches for economic reasons, including LIVESTOCK (specifically CATTLE; SHEEP; HORSES; etc.), POULTRY; and those raised or kept for pleasure and companionship, e.g., PETS; or specifically DOGS; CATS; etc.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Devices or objects in various imaging techniques used to visualize or enhance visualization by simulating conditions encountered in the procedure. Phantoms are used very often in procedures employing or measuring x-irradiation or radioactive material to evaluate performance. Phantoms often have properties similar to human tissue. Water demonstrates absorbing properties similar to normal tissue, hence water-filled phantoms are used to map radiation levels. Phantoms are used also as teaching aids to simulate real conditions with x-ray or ultrasonic machines. (From Iturralde, Dictionary and Handbook of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging, 1990)
Accumulation of a drug or chemical substance in various organs (including those not relevant to its pharmacologic or therapeutic action). This distribution depends on the blood flow or perfusion rate of the organ, the ability of the drug to penetrate organ membranes, tissue specificity, protein binding. The distribution is usually expressed as tissue to plasma ratios.
Nucleosides that have two hydroxy groups removed from the sugar moiety. The majority of these compounds have broad-spectrum antiretroviral activity due to their action as antimetabolites. The nucleosides are phosphorylated intracellularly to their 5'-triphosphates and act as chain-terminating inhibitors of viral reverse transcription.
Any visible result of a procedure which is caused by the procedure itself and not by the entity being analyzed. Common examples include histological structures introduced by tissue processing, radiographic images of structures that are not naturally present in living tissue, and products of chemical reactions that occur during analysis.
Tomography, Emission-Computed, Single-Photon
A method of computed tomography that uses radionuclides which emit a single photon of a given energy. The camera is rotated 180 or 360 degrees around the patient to capture images at multiple positions along the arc. The computer is then used to reconstruct the transaxial, sagittal, and coronal images from the 3-dimensional distribution of radionuclides in the organ. The advantages of SPECT are that it can be used to observe biochemical and physiological processes as well as size and volume of the organ. The disadvantage is that, unlike positron-emission tomography where the positron-electron annihilation results in the emission of 2 photons at 180 degrees from each other, SPECT requires physical collimation to line up the photons, which results in the loss of many available photons and hence degrades the image.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Metabolic Clearance Rate
Heterocyclic Compounds, 1-Ring
Healthy People Programs
Healthy People Programs are a set of health objectives to be used by governments, communities, professional organizations, and others to help develop programs to improve health. It builds on initiatives pursued over the past two decades beginning with the 1979 Surgeon General's Report, Healthy People, Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives, and Healthy People 2010. These established national health objectives and served as the basis for the development of state and community plans. These are administered by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). Similar programs are conducted by other national governments.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.
Health Services for the Aged
An acquired organic mental disorder with loss of intellectual abilities of sufficient severity to interfere with social or occupational functioning. The dysfunction is multifaceted and involves memory, behavior, personality, judgment, attention, spatial relations, language, abstract thought, and other executive functions. The intellectual decline is usually progressive, and initially spares the level of consciousness.
Tomography Scanners, X-Ray Computed
Respiratory-Gated Imaging Techniques
Timing the acquisition of imaging data to specific points in the breathing cycle to minimize image blurring and other motion artifacts. The images are used diagnostically and also interventionally to coordinate radiation treatment beam on/off cycles to protect healthy tissues when they move into the beam field during different times in the breathing cycle.
Receptors, Dopamine D2
A genus of the subfamily CERCOPITHECINAE, family CERCOPITHECIDAE, consisting of five named species: PAPIO URSINUS (chacma baboon), PAPIO CYNOCEPHALUS (yellow baboon), PAPIO PAPIO (western baboon), PAPIO ANUBIS (or olive baboon), and PAPIO HAMADRYAS (hamadryas baboon). Members of the Papio genus inhabit open woodland, savannahs, grassland, and rocky hill country. Some authors consider MANDRILLUS a subgenus of Papio.
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Activities of Daily Living
False Positive Reactions
A degenerative disease of the BRAIN characterized by the insidious onset of DEMENTIA. Impairment of MEMORY, judgment, attention span, and problem solving skills are followed by severe APRAXIAS and a global loss of cognitive abilities. The condition primarily occurs after age 60, and is marked pathologically by severe cortical atrophy and the triad of SENILE PLAQUES; NEUROFIBRILLARY TANGLES; and NEUROPIL THREADS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1049-57)
Neoplasms of the intracranial components of the central nervous system, including the cerebral hemispheres, basal ganglia, hypothalamus, thalamus, brain stem, and cerebellum. Brain neoplasms are subdivided into primary (originating from brain tissue) and secondary (i.e., metastatic) forms. Primary neoplasms are subdivided into benign and malignant forms. In general, brain tumors may also be classified by age of onset, histologic type, or presenting location in the brain.
Interviews as Topic
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Head and Neck Neoplasms
Soft tissue tumors or cancer arising from the mucosal surfaces of the LIP; oral cavity; PHARYNX; LARYNX; and cervical esophagus. Other sites included are the NOSE and PARANASAL SINUSES; SALIVARY GLANDS; THYROID GLAND and PARATHYROID GLANDS; and MELANOMA and non-melanoma skin cancers of the head and neck. (from Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 4th ed, p1651)
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
Quality of Life
Tumors whose cells possess secretory granules and originate from the neuroectoderm, i.e., the cells of the ectoblast or epiblast that program the neuroendocrine system. Common properties across most neuroendocrine tumors include ectopic hormone production (often via APUD CELLS), the presence of tumor-associated antigens, and isozyme composition.
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Oceanic Ancestry Group
A progressive, degenerative neurologic disease characterized by a TREMOR that is maximal at rest, retropulsion (i.e. a tendency to fall backwards), rigidity, stooped posture, slowness of voluntary movements, and a masklike facial expression. Pathologic features include loss of melanin containing neurons in the substantia nigra and other pigmented nuclei of the brainstem. LEWY BODIES are present in the substantia nigra and locus coeruleus but may also be found in a related condition (LEWY BODY DISEASE, DIFFUSE) characterized by dementia in combination with varying degrees of parkinsonism. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1059, pp1067-75)
Homes for the Aged
Solitary Pulmonary Nodule
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
A disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of paroxysmal brain dysfunction due to a sudden, disorderly, and excessive neuronal discharge. Epilepsy classification systems are generally based upon: (1) clinical features of the seizure episodes (e.g., motor seizure), (2) etiology (e.g., post-traumatic), (3) anatomic site of seizure origin (e.g., frontal lobe seizure), (4) tendency to spread to other structures in the brain, and (5) temporal patterns (e.g., nocturnal epilepsy). (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p313)
False Negative Reactions
Health Services Accessibility
Statistics as Topic
Analysis of Variance
Chemistry Techniques, Synthetic
Equipment Failure Analysis
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
The domestic cat, Felis catus, of the carnivore family FELIDAE, comprising over 30 different breeds. The domestic cat is descended primarily from the wild cat of Africa and extreme southwestern Asia. Though probably present in towns in Palestine as long ago as 7000 years, actual domestication occurred in Egypt about 4000 years ago. (From Walker's Mammals of the World, 6th ed, p801)
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Severity of Illness Index
A phenethylamine found in EPHEDRA SINICA. PSEUDOEPHEDRINE is an isomer. It is an alpha- and beta-adrenergic agonist that may also enhance release of norepinephrine. It has been used for asthma, heart failure, rhinitis, and urinary incontinence, and for its central nervous system stimulatory effects in the treatment of narcolepsy and depression. It has become less extensively used with the advent of more selective agonists.
Striped GRAY MATTER and WHITE MATTER consisting of the NEOSTRIATUM and paleostriatum (GLOBUS PALLIDUS). It is located in front of and lateral to the THALAMUS in each cerebral hemisphere. The gray substance is made up of the CAUDATE NUCLEUS and the lentiform nucleus (the latter consisting of the GLOBUS PALLIDUS and PUTAMEN). The WHITE MATTER is the INTERNAL CAPSULE.
The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
Community Health Services
Radiotherapy Planning, Computer-Assisted
Health Services Needs and Demand
A guanidine analog with specific affinity for tissues of the sympathetic nervous system and related tumors. The radiolabeled forms are used as antineoplastic agents and radioactive imaging agents. (Merck Index, 12th ed) MIBG serves as a neuron-blocking agent which has a strong affinity for, and retention in, the adrenal medulla and also inhibits ADP-ribosyltransferase.
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Cell surface proteins that bind somatostatin and trigger intracellular changes which influence the behavior of cells. Somatostatin is a hypothalamic hormone, a pancreatic hormone, and a central and peripheral neurotransmitter. Activated somatostatin receptors on pituitary cells inhibit the release of growth hormone; those on endocrine and gastrointestinal cells regulate the absorption and utilization of nutrients; and those on neurons mediate somatostatin's role as a neurotransmitter.
Benign and malignant central nervous system neoplasms derived from glial cells (i.e., astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, and ependymocytes). Astrocytes may give rise to astrocytomas (ASTROCYTOMA) or glioblastoma multiforme (see GLIOBLASTOMA). Oligodendrocytes give rise to oligodendrogliomas (OLIGODENDROGLIOMA) and ependymocytes may undergo transformation to become EPENDYMOMA; CHOROID PLEXUS NEOPLASMS; or colloid cysts of the third ventricle. (From Escourolle et al., Manual of Basic Neuropathology, 2nd ed, p21)
The failure by the observer to measure or identify a phenomenon accurately, which results in an error. Sources for this may be due to the observer's missing an abnormality, or to faulty technique resulting in incorrect test measurement, or to misinterpretation of the data. Two varieties are inter-observer variation (the amount observers vary from one another when reporting on the same material) and intra-observer variation (the amount one observer varies between observations when reporting more than once on the same material).
Persons who provide care to those who need supervision or assistance in illness or disability. They may provide the care in the home, in a hospital, or in an institution. Although caregivers include trained medical, nursing, and other health personnel, the concept also refers to parents, spouses, or other family members, friends, members of the clergy, teachers, social workers, fellow patients.
"People & Their Pets , Social Miami & Paws 4 You Rescue , March 2012". Max Norman Pet Photography. Retrieved October 11, 2016. " ... The Taming of the Screw (1983, with illustrator Jerry O'Brien) Babies and Other Hazards of Sex: How to Make a Tiny Person in ... While at the Miami Herald, he and several of his colleagues created a band called the Urban Professionals, with Barry on lead ... "He Can't Make This Up". Newsweek. December 15, 1991. Retrieved May 30, 2017. Peter Richmond (September 23, 1990). "Loon over ...
Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride
... people's runaway gay pets, however, return. Before leaving, Big Gay Al thanks Stan for making everyone understand homosexuality ... He lives out of town, which is why Big Gay Al's cartoon pet sanctuary is set out in the hills". However, Stone said the name " ... Garrison to claim that "gay people are evil". As a result, Stan attempts to make his dog heterosexual. Later, Sparky overhears ... which created some anxiety among Comedy Central executives. The network initially objected to offensive remarks made by sports ...
List of Tamagotchi characters
A Tama-Pet of Chamametchi and Mametchi. Hapihapichi has the power to make people happy. She appears as a flying lamb. The other ... On virtual pets, he is mostly obtained with average or above-average care. Memetchi is an orange Tamagotchi with sparkles in ... Sometimes people think he's a teenager, but he has been proven not to be one. He actually has human feelings, despite ... Lovelitchi was introduced in the anime as a shy, kind, sweet girl who didn't know how to make friends, since she was bullied in ...
"Pets taking bigger bite of death biz". Boston Herald. Peter Jamison (May 7, 2013). "It's A Dog's Afterlife; People Who Cherish ... Webcasts are also made available to accommodate guests unable to attend services. In addition to its use of audio-visual ... In 2013, Pet Passages surpassed its human counterpart in death care services. After the state of Florida added the term " ... In 2006, John and his wife Nikki McQueen founded Pet Passages, an addition of Anderson-McQueen that provides funeral and ...
People develop deep emotional connections with their pets. Petplay, especially pup and kitten play seeks to create the same ... Note: Just because one partner is playing the "pet" does not necessarily make them the passive or submissive play partner in ... In the BDSM scene, people engage in animal roleplay to build stronger emotional connections. ... A group of like-minded pet-players will gather at events specifically organised for social pet play. At pup play events, for ...
List of Arthur characters
She is extremely stern and will make sure that the people she visits see the error of their ways. Ghost of Lunch Tomorrow: ( ... Pixel: Pet dog of Capri DiVapida. Rory: Pet dog of Uncle Fred in Arthur's Perfect Christmas. Sebastian Winkleplotz: An award- ... Children Adults Guest stars Imaginary Ghosts Animals and pets References Arthur Timothy Read (voiced by Michael Yarmush 1996- ... Sanders: The building superintendent who works for the apartment building where the Frensky family lives. Mrs. Shmigaedy: One ...
Don't Bite the Sun
The narrator attempts to make a pet of one. Tanith Lee wrote Don't Bite the Sun in the early 1970s, and it represents the New ... Both male older people who created the Narrator and looked after her until after she graduated from hypno-school. Kam - An ... Android or quasi-android animals are common as pets, but real animals are also not unusual. Children go to hypno-school to ... Pet - The pet is a possession of value for the main character. It has white fur, whiskers and orange eyes. It resembles a dog, ...
Nearly 70 percent of U.S. households, including five to ten percent of homeless persons, have pets. A major concern for people ... "When Homeless Shelters Create Room For Pets, Everybody Wins". Huffington Post. Retrieved 8 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged ... Family Promise and PetSmart opened the first PetSmart Promise in Phoenix, Arizona in 2012 and had 12 pet sanctuaries by end of ... "A Safe Place for Pets and People". Institute for Children, Poverty & Homelessness. Archived from the original on 4 April 2016. ...
They are appealing when young, and pet-store owners can easily sell them, but crocodilians do not make good pets; they grow ... Most of the people attacked were either swimming or wading, but in two instances they were asleep in tents. American alligators ... It also makes various grunts and hisses. Males create vibrations in the water to send out infrasonic signals that serve to ... Depending on the species, female crocodilians may construct either holes or mounds as nests, the latter made from vegetation, ...
Humane Society of the United States
"I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet. As a father, it is important to ... Berman has created a separate group with the oddly Humane Society-sounding name, the Humane Society for Shelter Pets. Its ... "Dangerous Exotic Pets: Snakes". humanesociety.org. Retrieved October 23, 2015. "Thinking of getting a pet turtle?". The Humane ... Pets for Life: Helping Pets in the Big Apple; Humane Society of the United States; September 22, 2010. Archived October 7, 2011 ...
Modifying fish to make them more attractive as pets is increasingly controversial. Historically, artificially dyeing fish was ... "Industry Specifics Sampler - NAICS 453910 Pet and pet supplies stores". 2002. Archived from the original on December 13, 2012. ... The first person to breed a tropical fish in Europe was Pierre Carbonnier, who founded one of the oldest public aquaria in ... Many fishkeepers create freshwater aquascapes where the focus is on aquatic plants as well as fish. These aquaria include " ...
Pet Cuban amazons in Cuba. Parrots may not make good pets for most people because of their natural wild instincts such as ... which many people find themselves unable to provide in the long term. Parrots that are bred for pets may be hand fed or ... Parrots, also known as psittacines /ˈsɪtəsaɪnz/, are birds of the roughly 393 species in 92 genera that make up the order ... which has made them popular pets since ancient times. Although most parrot species are able to imitate, some of the amazon ...
Posters and banners creating awareness. Emergency preparedness goes beyond immediate family members. For many people, pets are ... It is not unknown for pet owners to die while trying to rescue their pets from a fire or from drowning. CDC's Disaster ... First aid kit with a pet first aid book.. *Sturdy leash, harness, and carrier to transport pet safely. A carrier should be ... Current photos and descriptions of your pets to help others identify them in case you and your pets become separated, and to ...
Asthma - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some of the types of pets people can be allergic to are, dogs, cats, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs and pet birds. ... This makes it hard for enough air to pass through and for the person to breathe normally. Asthma also causes mucus-making cells ... Pets: animals give off chemicals called proteins which are allergens; people can be allergic to them. These allergens can act ... A person having an asthma attack often makes wheezing sounds when trying to breathe. This is the sound of air trying to pass ...
They make excellent candidates for therapy dog work. Most Sussex Spaniels are primarily family pets, but they are competent ... "VPI Pet HealthZone. Retrieved 2009-11-23.. *^ Weston, Lee. "Medical Conditions Associated with the American Cocker Spaniel". ... He is always eager to be around people, is excellent around children, and can be quite protective of the family. ... making them more prone to recurrent infections than dogs with more upright ears. The infections can be caused by a variety of ...
Many people buy mice as companion pets. They can be playful, loving and can grow used to being handled. Like pet rats, pet mice ... However, mice are careful groomers and as pets they never need bathing. Well looked-after mice can make ideal pets. Some common ... In various countries mice are used as food for pets such as snakes, lizards, frogs, tarantulas and birds of prey, and many pet ... Mice build long intricate burrows in the wild. These typically have long entrances and are equipped with escape tunnels or ...
Cat - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Today, people often keep cats as pets. There are also domestic cats which live without being cared for by people. These kinds ... Also, make sure the cat is not fed a daily diet of dog food. It could make the cat blind, as it has no taurine, which is a ... A vet or local pet-shop may offer advice about fleas. It is recommended that people quickly take action when a cat gets fleas ... Cats are quiet and well-behaved animals, making them popular pets. Young kittens are playful. They can easily entertain ...
Badger culling in the United Kingdom
"Pet cats infect two people with TB". BBC. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014. Carrington, D. (August 5, 2016). "Bovine TB ... Whether shooting at night is safe with reference to the general public, pets and livestock. Again, the statement makes no ... The debate had been prompted by a petition on the government's e-petition website, which at the time had exceeded 150,000 ... "Stop the badger cull - Petitions". Petitions - UK Government and Parliament. DEFRA 2011, page 7 DEFRA 2011, page 8 Carrington, ...
German Shorthaired Pointer
However, as the first studbook was not created until 1870, it is impossible to identify all of the dogs that went into creating ... A strong hunting instinct is correct for the breed, which is not always good for other small pets such as cats or rabbits. ... Thus, the breed is not a suitable pet for an inactive home or for inexperienced dog owners. Although these dogs form very ... The breed should be socialized, which includes exposure to different people, sights, sounds, and experiences when they are ...
People wanting to improve domestic dogs or create an exotic pet may breed domestic dogs to wolves. Gray wolves have been ... Dog hybrids kept as pets are prohibited in certain jurisdictions, or are classed as wild animals and must be housed in the same ... Also, fox terrier, Norwegian lundehund, and Spitz blood were combined to create the Sulimov dog. As well as a superior ... When tired, their normally curled tails droop, making it clear to the handler that the dog needs to be rested. The jackal ...
Domestication - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Oldest known pet cat? 9500-Year-Old burial found on Cyprus". National Geographic News. 2004-04-08. Retrieved 2007-03-06.. ... Cats were also domesticated quite early. At the beginning of agriculture, people started to domesticate sheep and goats ... The Latin term literally means "to make it suitable for home". If humans take wild animals and plants and keep and breed them, ... Otherwise, the domesticated animals may be kept as pets. Contents. *1 Domesticated plants ...
English Springer Spaniel
Its alertness and attentiveness make it a good hunting companion. A typical Springer Spaniel will often choose one person in ... Alderton, David (2006). Top to Tail:The 360 Degrees Guide to Picking Your Perfect Pet. David & Charles PLC. p. 110. ISBN 0-7153 ... It is a sociable breed that enjoys the company of children and handles the company of other pets well. The hunting breed may ... Its long-legged build makes it among the fastest of the spaniels. ...
The Problem with Pet Monkeys: Reasons Monkeys Do Not Make Good Pets, an article by veterinarian Lianne McLeod on About.com ... The Moche people of ancient Peru worshipped nature. They placed emphasis on animals and often depicted monkeys in their art ... Some are kept as pets, others used as model organisms in laboratories or in space missions. They may be killed in monkey drives ... Hill, C. M. (2000). "Conflict of Interest Between People and Baboons: Crop Raiding in Uganda". International Journal of ...
These can be made from a plastic storage bin or a large glass tank. The majority of hamster cages sold in pet stores do not ... the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals recommends hamsters as pets only for people over age 6 and the ... Although some people think of them as a pet for young children, ... A variety of toys, either shop-bought or home-made can help to ... The wheel should be a minimum of eight inches in diameter and made of a solid material. Hamsters can get their feet stuck in ...
Pet And Baby Care, for example tracking the pets and babies movements and controlling pet access rights ... For example Air Quality Egg is used by people at home to monitor the air quality and pollution level in the city and create a ... Home automation or domotics is building automation for a home, called a smart home or smart house. A home automation system ... Building automation. Floor plan. Home automation. Home energy monitor. Home network. Home server. House navigation system. ...
Chi's Sweet Home
The pet store lady comes to visit Chi and brings her some pet clothes. When Chi runs away from the pet store lady's dress-up ... To make her stop begging for their food they put her cat food dish and her on the table making her happy. ... "Chi Scares People". Transcription: "Chi, kowagara su" (Japanese: チー、こわがらす。). August 13, 2009 (2009-08-13). ... They take the kitten home, but, as pets are not allowed in their housing complex, they try to find her a new home. This proves ...
Amphibian - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some amphibians popular exotic pets, and are found in pet stores that sell reptiles.p22 ... Their skins make a mucus that makes them slippery enough to slip through the dirt. They can make a toxic material in their ... In the state of California, people must have a license to catch bullfrogs for food.p256 In schools, bullfrogs are dissected ... As pets[change , change source]. Amphibians are also kept as pets.p4 They are kept in aquariums or a terrarium. A terrarium ...
... closed-toed shoes and socks reduce by 74 times the number of bites from nymphs that make first contact with a shoe of a person ... Tests on pet dogs, carried out throughout the country in 2009 indicated that around 2.5% of ticks in the UK may be infected, ... After coming indoors, clothes, gear and pets should be checked for ticks. Clothes can be put into a hot dryer for 10 ... It is not generally recommended for all people bitten, as development of infection is rare: about 50 bitten people would have ...
Further appearances in art are recorded by Rembrandt in a self portrait he created in 1631, with his pet poodle in the ... "Natural-Wonder-Pets.com. Retrieved 24 May 2019.. *^ a b Pullman.com Archived 17 July 2007 at the Wayback Machine Dog Longevity ... How hypoallergenic the dog is may vary with the individual dog and the individual person. ... Pet clips are much less elaborate than show and require much less maintenance. A pet owner can anticipate grooming a poodle ...
Several companies market cleaning products for pet owners whose pets have soiled carpets in their homes. ... Animal dung occasionally is used as a cement to make adobe mudbrick huts, or even in throwing sports such as cow pat ... These are studied to determine the diet and health of the people who produced them through the analysis of seeds, small bones, ... Pets. This section does not cite any sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. ...
"Invasive plants can create positive ecological change".. *^ a b c Lockwood, Julie L.; Martha F. Hoopes; Michael P. Marchetti ( ... Although most people focus on the negative effects of invasive and non-native species, they can actually be harmless or even ... The pet trade moves animals across borders, where they can escape and become invasive. Organisms stow away on transport ... Feral cats and dogs which were originally brought as pets are also known to kill large numbers of birds. A recent (2006) study ...
Death of Caylee Anthony
"The person who took this picture, the person who prepared this, put the hair there," stated Spitz. When asked by Ashton during ... a b Day 14: Photos of Caylee's skull make Casey Anthony ill, court ends early Archived 2011-10-04 at the Wayback Machine., ... One such petition, circulated via Change.org, has gained nearly 1.3 million electronic signatures. In response to this and ... Cindy Anthony testified that their family buried their pets in blankets and plastic bags, using duct tape to seal the opening.[ ...
Legion of Super-Pets
The first super-pet crossover story was published in Action Comics #277 (June 1961), "Battle of the Super-Pets", in which ... A new official version of the Legion of Super-Pets made an appearance in the mainstream DC Comics universe in Super Sons Annual ... including people and animals he has yet to meet. During one adventure in the 30th century, the Legion of Super-Heroes meet a ... Legion of Super-Pets at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original) Legion of Super-Pets at Cosmic Teams! Hero History: ...
Morris the Cat
Morris also appears as a "spokescat" promoting responsible pet ownership, pet health and pet adoptions through animal shelters ... He was quoted at the 1993 "end of year" edition of People magazine which noted deaths of 1993 to which he quoted a simple "Meow ... The first two cats to play Morris lived with Martwick as pets. Morris's popularity continued into the 1980s, with the Leo ... eating only 9Lives cat food and making this preference clear with humorously sardonic voice-over comments when offered other ...
The Good Night Show
The final segment involves Nina to encourage viewers to give their wishes to Hush, their pet goldfish, with a poem. After that ... "make a wish." He appears in the prequel Nina's World living with Nina as a child even though he began with Melanie. Melanie ... Weather Poems Helping Out People who work at night Theatre Putting on a show Reptiles Pirates Musical Birds Safari Mother's Day ... Bubble Time Imaginary Friends Pets Fairies Night Noises School Nocturnal Animals Babysitters Farm Riddles & Rhymes Penguins ...
Heroes and Villains
... "developed into an instrumental thing with barnyard sounds-people sawing-he had people in the studio sawing on wood-and Van Dyke ... The edit was created by compilers Mark Linett and Alan Boyd. Prior to the release of The Smile Sessions, in 1990, the "Cantina ... David Anderle later said that whatever new fans the group had brought with Pet Sounds were "immediately lost with the release ... 1976 - The Residents, The Third Reich 'n Roll (as part of "Swastikas on Parade") 1997 - Forms, Smiling Pets 2000 - Malcolm Ross ...
Exposing New People To Our Sport Is The Goal' Georgina Bloomberg On Longines Global Champions Tour Finals". September 26, 2019 ... "Georgina Bloomberg makes biggest move on Longines World Top 200…". www.noellefloyd.com. Retrieved June 21, 2017. Palm Beach ... "Georgina Bloomberg on Why You Should Always Adopt Your Pets". Retrieved July 12, 2017. "Humane Generation/Friends of Finn ... works with the Humane Society of the United States to end the inhumane treatment of dogs in puppy mills and advocates for pet ...
Joan Beauchamp Procter
... built 1926-1927). It was the first purpose-built building of its type in the world and is still in use. She designed rock-work ... From the age of ten she kept several snakes and lizards as pets. She became familiar with all the British species of reptile. A ... Mark's Square, near the Zoo, she kept a pet chimpanzee, called Johnnie. She kept several live reptiles in her drawing room, ... sculpture.gla.ac.uk/view/person.php?id=msib2_1220041255 Guillery, Peter. 1993. The Buildings of London Zoo, page 37. Royal ...
In 2015, Vanderpump and her husband launched a line of pet accessories, Vanderpump Pets. In October 2016, Vanderpump launched a ... She made her film debut in 1973's A Touch of Class, playing the daughter of Glenda Jackson's character, and also appeared in ... In June 2019, Lisa Vanderpump, longtime supporter of The Trevor Project, recorded a PSA to ensure that LGBTQ young people know ... "About us". Vanderpump Pets. Archived from the original on 18 November 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2016. "Vandermojis by Lisa ...
Crowdfunding to I am trying raise money to help pay my dogs high ongoing vet bills she has pet insurance but doesn't cover...
Weʼre raising money to I am trying raise money to help pay my dogs high ongoing vet bills she has pet insurance but doesnt ... Great people make things happen. Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause? ... I am trying raise money to help pay my dogs high ongoing vet bills she has pet insurance but doesnt cover everything as shes ... even though I have pet insurance because her age I have to pay excess of £95 and 25 % of the final bill at the moment it has ...
Pet Food Safety | Healthy Pets, Healthy People | CDC
Raw pet foods can make pets and people sick. *CDC does not recommend feeding raw diets to pets. ... Dry and canned pet food. Dry and canned pet food also can be contaminated with germs. Before making any changes to your pets ... These germs can make your pets sick. Your family also can get sick by handling the raw food or by taking care of your pet. ... A healthy diet is important for everyone, even your pets! When picking out the right food for your pet, there are important ...
Petition · Save Pets by Helping to Support Making Rabies Vaccine Titers Legally Acceptable in the US · Change.org
Integrating People for Animal Wellness needs your help with "Save Pets by Helping to Support Making Rabies Vaccine Titers ... Integrating People for Animal Wellness needs your help with "Save Pets by Helping to Support Making Rabies Vaccine Titers ... YOU can help by signing this petition and by having a rabies titers performed on YOUR pets to show that they have a long- ... Sign this petition. Today: Integrating People for Animal Wellness is counting on you. ...
Pet Store Puppies Linked To Campylobacter Outbreak In People | KUOW News and Information
... but they might actually be making people sick. The Centers for Disease Control and ... Pet Store Puppies Linked To Campylobacter Outbreak In People By editor • Sep 12, 2017 ... We dont usually think of adorable puppies as disease vectors, but they might actually be making people sick. The Centers for ... The good news is that most people get well on their own. The CDC says people typically need antibiotics only if theyre immune ...
Purina Achieves Significant Environmental Goal to Make Pet Care Products Sustainably
Purinas robust portfolio of pet care products for dogs and cats is now getting to pet food bowls and litter boxes in a more ... Nestlé Purina PetCare creates richer lives for pets and the people who love them. Founded in 1894, Purina has helped dogs and ... "Pet lovers care about how their pets food and litter are made, and that its done in a responsible way, and we couldnt agree ... Purina manufactures some of the worlds most trusted and popular pet care products, including Purina ONE, Pro Plan, Fancy Feast ...
Facebook founder Zuckerberg visits St. Louis | FOX2now.com
LOUIS - Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg made a surprise visit to St. Louis on Thursday, meeting with about a dozen local ... Louisans met in a Central West End building, a part of the Cortex area. The people were not all high-tech experts, one had ... Louis, to make sure the company is meeting the specific needs of the communities they invest in. ... LOUIS - Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg made a surprise visit to St. Louis on Thursday, meeting with about a dozen local ...
7 Ways Pets Improve Your Health - ABC News
"Animals give something to focus on instead of the negative thoughts a depressed person is prone to have. When a pet pays ... "There is a bond and companionship that makes a big difference in mental health," not to mention the extra exercise you get from ... quicklist: 6 category: How Pets Improve Your Health title: They may prevent allergies in children url: text: If you had a pet ... Plus, a survey by the Australian National Heart Foundation revealed that people who own pets, especially men, tend to have ...
Salmonella Infection | Healthy Pets, Healthy People | CDC
Salmonella can be spread between people and many different kinds of animals and pets. This CDC page shows you how to avoid ... Pets Can Make People Sick. External. CDC Expert Commentary, Medscape video. Selected Multistate Outbreaks of Salmonella ... Pet food. Pet Food Safety. Feature. Podcast: Tips to Reduce Your Risk of Getting a Salmonella Infection from Dry Pet Food. ... example, some pet products, like pet foods and treats, can be contaminated with Salmonella and other germs. Pet food and treats ...
When You Tell Guests This Chair Is $189 at Walmart, Everyone Will Think You're a Liar
Michelle Obama talks about racism and white flight: I cant make people not afraid of black people. Yahoo Lifestyle Videos ... Anxiety is quite common in rescue pets. Heres how you can help combat it.. Yahoo Lifestyle Videos ... 3 very important things to keep in mind when choosing a pet food. Yahoo Lifestyle Videos ... "Comfortable, well made, and the size fits very well," one buyer wrote as a review. "I plan on purchasing another one because I ...
Allergic and wheezing, but still keeping pets - CNN.com
Before committing to a pet, make an arrangement to bring the animal to the home for a trial period to see how the person with ... Pets make people feel good, he said. Pets reduce anxiety, blood pressure. Pets are here to stay. E-mail to a friend ... Cutting pet allergens. Here are steps recommended to reduce allergens in homes with pets: *Keep the bedroom pet-free ... In the same way that some people outgrow food allergies, there is a rare possibility that pet owners could outgrow their ...
Gprs Tracker Factory, China Gprs Tracker Factory Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
... wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com ... Handheld Mini GSM/GPRS Person Pet Elderly GPS Tracking/Tracker ... Mini Personal GSM/GPRS GPS Tracking Tracker for Person/Kids/Pets/Elderly T8s FOB Price: US $ 19-22 / Piece. Min. Order: 1 Piece ... Mini IP67 Waterproof Pets GPS Tracker with GPRS Tracking (D60) FOB Price: US $ 32-33 / Piece. Min. Order: 1 Piece ... GPS Tracker Tk105 Working Based on Existing GSM/GPRS Network and GPS Satellites Made in China Factory Min. Order: 1 Piece ...
Family Pets | Parents
... pets and kids, dog names, cats, and dogs. Find out everything you need to know about parenting. Parents.com ... Puppies from Pet Stores Could Be Making People Sick, According to the CDC Read More ... How Having a Dog Made My Wife and Me Better Parents How Having a Dog Made My Wife and Me Better Parents Pet parenthood prepped ... Pets. A pet has a special place in your family. Heres how to introduce your dog or cat to a new baby. Plus: Popular pet names ...
Swine flu will hit NZ hard - experts - NZ Herald
Unhealthy homes: Mould, leaks, disease making people dangerously sick 10 May, 2019 12:14pm ... Pet Refuge: Food firm to match every dollar donated 26 May, 2019 6:53am ... advising people what preparations to make and what arriving travellers should do if they had flu-like symptoms. * Advice from ... Dr Peters urged people to stock up on three to five days of long-lasting food, and to ensure they had supplies of medicines ...
Dawn Synan - "Make the world a better place" - My Care2
... most people think my brain is set to "naivety" rather than "more sure of my ability to take advantage of good ... PETITIONS. PETITIONS. *Care2 - The Petition Site. *Start petition. *Browse petitions. *Activist University ... Pets. one day Activist Aspirations. Rabid Political Leaning. Depends Religions. Spiritual but not religious ... Finding other people who want to do good things If I were Mayor, Id make the world a better place by. Work on a plan for our ...
Canna-Pet(TM) Launches All New Canna-Biscuits for Dogs
Canna-Pet™ the leading American innovator of over-the-counter cannabinoid products for animals, today announced the online ... Outlander Star Claims United Crew Made Jokes About Dogs in Overhead Bins 4 Days After Scandal. People ... Canna-Biscuits are particularly popular for anxious pets, as evidenced by many consumers who have reported calmer behavior ... About Canna-Pet™ Products for Pet Health. Canna-Pet™ is the culmination of years of research and development to provide the ...
Contact, Hours and Locations | Humane Society of Boulder Valley
Creating healthy relationships between pets and people. Humane Society of Boulder Valley. 2323 55th Street, Boulder, CO 80301. ... Ive Lost A Pet * Ive Found A Pet * Euthanasia and Cremation Services ... We want to do everything possible to make your experience at HSBV the best it can be. So please tell us what we are doing that ... makes you happy or if theres something we could be doing better. It only takes a few minutes. Click here to fill out our ...
Brandpoint - Business - Baltimore Sun
Make holiday shopping for your clients easy this year. The holidays are known as the most wonderful time of the year, but they& ... You pictured a person who owned their own storefront, often named after themselves, and every day they were the first to arrive ... 6 pet-related businesses you can start today. Starting your own business can nurture your entrepreneurial spirit, earn you some ... money and give you the opportunity to spend more time with your family - including your pets. So what job can you do that doesn ...
If I Have Asthma, Can I Keep My Pet? (for Teens) - Nemours KidsHealth
... youre more likely to be allergic to a pet than someone who doesnt have asthma. Find out what you can do. ... Some can keep their pets - and others cant. It depends on a persons asthma and if having a pet (like a dog, cat, or even a ... Make sure your pet stays in its cage at all times. Have someone else clean the cage daily. Also make sure that the pets cage ... Things that make asthma worse are called allergens. Some people have animal allergens, which means theyre allergic to the ...
6 Reasons Pit Bulls Make Great Pets | Pitbulls.org
... people tend to gravitate towards a pet that is like them, and that I could relate to a loving dog with a tough look that is ... It made me laugh. And i figured out already that there are two types of people out there. The ones that turn their noses up at ... bad stupid people made pittbulls reputation the way it is today. and thats sad. she wouldnt even hurt a fly shed lick it lol. ... Pits make awesome pets. My parents bought into the "vicious" reputation so when we bought our pit Apollo we didnt tell them ...
Breeding and Selling | Big Cat Rescue
People are not reading the bill. These animals DO NOT make good pets. ... We receive requests every week from people who are looking for some place to take their "pet" cat. Each year we have to turn ... Big Cats Make Bad Pets. This is the most frequent email we get from exotic cat owners: "Hey, Im really in over my head here! I ... These animals do not make good pets and if you have the experience and expertise to care for one for the rest of its life, ...
Best 30 Pet Boarding Kennels in Midland, PA with Reviews - YP.com
See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Pet Boarding & Kennels in Midland, PA. ... Pet Boarding Kennels in Midland on YP.com. ... Added to your pets collection!. Error when adding to pets ... Make an Appointment. Without a doubt the best kennel around. Tried several before we found them. Pleasant people and very ... Related Searches for pet boarding kennels in Midland, PA. dog boardingpet boardingkennelspet servicespet sitting exercising ...
... its not only people that need to keep an eye on the scale. We may overindulge our pets with more treats or food than they need ... Katy Nelson has fitness tips to keep your pet slimmer, trimmer and healthier. ... Large factory robots pose a danger to humans - heres how Veo Robotics is making them safer ... Pet obesity 11:33 AM ET Fri, 16 Nov 2018 With the holidays approaching, its not only people that need to keep an eye on the ...
Dog About Town: Making friends over a beer and more things to do | Pets | Dallas News
Dallas Pets Alives monthly meet and greet at Community Beer Co., from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, will have a special guest star: ... And make sure you stop by Green Pet for a treat. We also love that the shops stay open late on weekends and for special events ... Doors 4 Pets and People: 1421 S. Belt Line Road, Suite 300, Coppell, 972-420-4273 ... Dog About Town: Making friends over a beer and more things to do Filed under Pets at Feb 2018 Share. * Facebook ...
Penguins don't make good pets - Seattle Environment News
"People keep them around because theyre so cute.". Apparently folks tried unsuccessfully in the past to create a penguin ... Its a worse deal for someone to get weary of a pet penguin picked up in South America to then dump it in Alaska. But thats ... Penguins dont make good pets. By Lisa Stiffler on June 8, 2007 at 12:35 PM ... "The crews keep the penguins as pets on board the boat. Theyre appealing," said Van Buren. " ...
Timeline of the 2007 pet food recalls - Wikipedia
Suspect gluten went to plants that make products for people, FDA says". Boston Globe/Boston.com. Retrieved 2007-04-11. "FDA Pet ... Associated Press (March 21, 2007). "Owners watching pets closely after food recall - At least 16 pet deaths tied to tainted ... ANI states that pet foods that they manufacture under their own label are not affected by the current recall. Finally, Chinas ... "Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition". ...
DogsWorld'sPet'sPoochOwnersAnimalsHill's PetTreatsAllergensGoodVeterinarianGermsPuppiesHealthierPreparationsBehaviorDownsideCatsDanderFoodsAllergicCentersCompanionshipLoveTimeSalmonellaSittersVetsRescueCareFamilyHouseholdsProteinSearchWashSymptomsNewsChemotherapyDietMedsWaysAllergiesFurryHypertension2019BarkFecesVaccinationVeterinary MedicineHealthyGreatOwnerFacebookOrganizationsSickPerson'sHealthFoundBrushAnimalHelping
- Campylobacter infections are common in dogs, cats and people. (kuow.org)
- ST. LOUIS , Aug. 5, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Purina's robust portfolio of pet care products for dogs and cats is now getting to pet food bowls and litter boxes in a more sustainable way. (yahoo.com)
- Our more than 8,000 U.S. associates take pride in our trusted pet food, treat and litter brands that feed 49 million dogs and 66 million cats every year. (yahoo.com)
- But a new study has found that cutting your dogs gonads off may make it more likely to get cancer. (psychologytoday.com)
- Is meat-eating the reason pet owners get sick more frequently than their dogs? (psychologytoday.com)
- A separate study found that dog owners walked 300 minutes a week on average, while people who didn't own dogs walked just 168 minutes a week. (go.com)
- Someone might be allergic to one breed, but the main dog allergen that people are allergic to is present in all dogs. (cnn.com)
- LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 4, 2014) - Canna-Pet™ the leading American innovator of over-the-counter cannabinoid products for animals, today announced the online launch of its updated and reformulated All Natural Canna-Biscuits for Dogs ( www.canna-pet.com ). (yahoo.com)
- Today, Canna-Pet™ offers the leading veterinarian recommended, over-the-counter CBD products for cats, dogs and other domesticated animals. (yahoo.com)
- Have someone else wash and brush your pet every week (cats as well as dogs). (kidshealth.org)
- While they will be naturally protective of their family and their property, because pitbulls are so people-orientated they do not make good guard dogs . (pitbulls.org)
- Sometimes presented as a negative trait, the fact that pitbulls have a high pain tolerance makes them exceptional family dogs . (pitbulls.org)
- It is important that when considering a pitbull as a pet that you carefully screen all puppies and adult dogs to ensure that they respond positively. (pitbulls.org)
- Dogs of any breed that show fearfulness or aggression towards people or other dogs should be avoided, particularly as a family pet, unless you are willing to put in a lot of extra time and money into behavioural training. (pitbulls.org)
- Hookworm eggs are passed on to the soil by the feces of the infected person or animals like dogs and cats. (medindia.net)
- When animals such as pet dogs eat the weeds or leftovers from the contaminated soil. (medindia.net)
- Dogs vs. Cats: What's the Best Pet for People With MS? (everydayhealth.com)
- Whether dogs or cats make the superior pet will never be resolved, but might one be the better pet for people with MS? (everydayhealth.com)
- Dallas Pets Alive's monthly meet and greet at Community Beer Co., from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, will have a special guest star: Lee Asher of the Asher House, who is crossing the U.S. in an RV on a mission to get 48 dogs adopted in 48 states. (dallasnews.com)
- Robokoff says he's heard from hundreds of pet owners who have seen old arthritic dogs walk more easily, anxiety-ridden animals staying calm under stress, and a huge reduction in seizures in animals that suffer from epilepsy. (adn.com)
- Countless people leave dogs chained 24/7, some without food & water, some get tangled & die, many perish in the ice & snow, and blistering heat of summer. (change.org)
- We must face this reality & identify this as unacceptable for our culture, in order to improve the standard of living for dogs AND people for generations to come. (change.org)
- Studies show that dogs are made aggressive & territorial by chaining them, making them far more likely to attack if they break loose. (change.org)
- Most healthy inside cats and dogs are safe, but it's still important to protect yourself from your pets' germs while your immune system is weaker than usual. (cancer.org)
- People who own dogs tend to be more physically active and less obese than people who don't. (anhglobal.org)
- And nationwide, there are yoga classes for people and their dogs, called doga. (anhglobal.org)
- People, especially other people with dogs, will stop and talk with you when they see you walking your pet. (anhglobal.org)
- Pet parents of elderly dogs don't fare any better. (petside.com)
- Dying dogs will try to get up and out of their beds to seek out their favorite person. (petside.com)
- And what if the person was Adolph Hitler or Peter Singer, the world's greatest living moral philosopher? (psychologytoday.com)
- Purina manufactures some of the world's most trusted and popular pet care products, including Purina ONE, Pro Plan, Fancy Feast and Tidy Cats. (yahoo.com)
- The Western conception of the person as a bounded, unique, more or less integrated motivational and cognitive universe, a dynamic center of awareness, emotion, judgment, and action organized into a distinctive whole and set contrastively both against other such wholes and against its social and natural background, is, however incorrigible it may seem to us, a rather peculiar idea within the context of the world's cultures. (cultureby.com)
- Before making any changes to your pet's diet, talk with your veterinarian. (cdc.gov)
- Also make sure that the pet's cage isn't near any drafts. (kidshealth.org)
- From identifying your pet's unique needs to addressing each need with an effective solution, preparing your pets for your vacation is often times more difficult than preparing yourself for your vacation. (lifehack.org)
- Depending on the type of pet you have, its specific breed and its unique personality, your pet's needs will vary while you're away. (lifehack.org)
- Before you leave, be sure to provide your pet sitter with detailed instructions about your pet's care. (lifehack.org)
- Make your pet's good behavior desirable. (wikihow.com)
- Make your pet's bad behavior undesirable. (wikihow.com)
- Get your pet's claws trimmed often to make scratches less likely. (cancer.org)
- quicklist: 3 category: How Pets Improve Your Health title: They may reduce your blood pressure url: text: It's a win-win: petting your pooch or kitty brings down blood pressure while pleasing your pet. (go.com)
- Like the 10 million American pet owners with allergies, the Coronados faced a dilemma: Can human and dog co-exist in the same house? (cnn.com)
- To keep animals around, allergic pet owners get shots, pop antihistamines, squeeze eyedrops, squirt nasal spray, use inhalers or just deal with it. (cnn.com)
- In the same way that some people outgrow food allergies, there is a rare possibility that pet owners could outgrow their allergies to animals, experts said. (cnn.com)
- Canna-Biscuits are the ideal treat for any dog, and for many pet owners the biscuits are an ideal supplement to the Canna-Pet™ lineup of hemp-based capsule products. (yahoo.com)
- Get the FREE Report and Learn the 7 Biggest Training Mistakes Pit Bull Owners Make. (pitbulls.org)
- A few pet owners with MS weigh in with their experiences and potentially biased opinions. (everydayhealth.com)
- If we're pet owners, there is a high probably that some of us have an Instagram or some other social media dedicated to our pets. (cesarsway.com)
- Some owners of Vietnamese Pot-bellied pigs found their new pets too aggressive, and they did something surprising. (cultureby.com)
- In some cases, the owners took the meat from their pigs home, which certainly goes against our traditional thinking about what we do with our pets. (cultureby.com)
- According to a American Animal Hospital Association survey (1997), more than 60 percent of cat and dog owners include news about their pets in their holiday greetings, 27 percent take their pets along for family photographs and pictures with Santa, and 79 percent give their pets holiday or birthday presents. (cultureby.com)
- Apparently, '89 percent of pet owners believe that their pet understands all or some of what they say. (cultureby.com)
- The UK's lucky canines can expect to enjoy road trips averaging just over 75 miles a time to be taken to their favourite pet friendly place across the country and costing owners nearly £10 per trip. (k9magazine.com)
- In fact, almost a third (27%) of dog owners surveyed said they are planning to make round trips of up to 101 miles, with 26% to travel more than 201 miles. (k9magazine.com)
- A huge 66% of dog owners admitted to changing their vehicles for a more pet friendly mode of transport with reliability for longer distances. (k9magazine.com)
- It's really encouraging to see dog owners wanting to care for their pets properly, by taking them out on a regular basis and understanding that pets need a vehicle that has room to move. (k9magazine.com)
- Purchasing a pet insurance policy that includes third party cover will protect owners should the incident result in any property damage or personal injury, and it will also cover any legal costs that may arise from the incident. (k9magazine.com)
- Dosing pets with CBD is an emerging trend among pet owners in Alaska, say a growing group of businesses that sell it for veterinary use. (adn.com)
- Though some pet owners swear by it, the science supporting their success stories is thin. (adn.com)
- The technology looks promising but the $50,000 price tag will prove to place the service out of the reach of most pet owners. (slashdot.org)
- Most pet-owners are not animal-lovers, they're just selfish bastards who want to have companions that they can control. (slashdot.org)
- In a city obsessed with design and indoor-outdoor living, it makes sense that some chicken owners want to house their pets in high-style comfort. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- Owners of some kinds of insects can also observe a natural behavior that might be too gruesome with other pets: predation. (dailyherald.com)
- Pet owners might have different personalities than people who do not own pets. (bartleby.com)
- This growth in complementary medicine in the animal world is due partly to demand by pet owners for a more holistic practise of animal care and partly because vets themselves are finding that modern drugs and surgery are not the only answer. (positivehealth.com)
- Most pet owners don't need reminding. (anhglobal.org)
- In one study of 240 married couples, pet owners had lower blood pressure and lower heart rates during rest than people who did not own a pet. (anhglobal.org)
- However, this could be attributed to lifestyle factors of pet owners. (anhglobal.org)
- Overall, pet owners have a lower risk of dying from any cardiac disease, including heart failure. (anhglobal.org)
- But cat owners have fewer strokes than people who don't own cats. (anhglobal.org)
- And pet owners have a tendency to want to talk with other pet owners. (anhglobal.org)
- Additionally, owners with more than one pet can now take advantage of Tagg's "Furry Family Plan. (qualcomm.com)
- Tagg-The Pet Tracker, which has customers in all 50 states across the United States, also offers dog and cat owners the convenience of locating their pet right from their mobile phone, and this capability is now enhanced with the release of an iPhone app. (qualcomm.com)
- These awards demonstrate the need in the marketplace for a GPS pet tracking solution that provides pet owners peace of mind about their pets' whereabouts. (qualcomm.com)
- Ethics are not the only reason cat owners should think long and hard before declawing their pets. (petmd.com)
- They will snuggle up to their pet owners a lot more often than they used to. (petside.com)
- Some of their fantasy situations involve conflicts between people and animals. (psychologytoday.com)
- A new study of Vietnam Era veterans suggests why some people and not others love animals. (psychologytoday.com)
- Although Salmonella is most often spread when a person eats contaminated food, the bacteria also can be passed between people and animals. (cdc.gov)
- Many different animals and pets can carry these germs. (cdc.gov)
- How do animals and people become infected? (cdc.gov)
- People can get a Salmonella infection if they do not wash their hands after contact with animals carrying Salmonella or their environment, such as their bedding, food, or tank water. (cdc.gov)
- Do not let children 5 years of age and younger, the elderly, or people with weakened immune systems handle or touch animals that can spread Salmonella (like turtles, water frogs, or poultry). (cdc.gov)
- Lots of people with asthma are allergic to animals. (kidshealth.org)
- Even if you no longer have a pet at home, you're still going to be around animals from time to time. (kidshealth.org)
- Several contaminated Chinese vegetable proteins were used by pet food makers in North America, Europe and South Africa, leading to kidney failure in animals fed the contaminated food. (wikipedia.org)
- For others, the allergies trump the pet and, sadly, thousands of animals are surrendered to shelters every day. (regence.com)
- People with allergies can, and often do, live comfortably with their companion animals. (regence.com)
- Indeed, pets are animals of a special kind. (cultureby.com)
- Hah, pets are not animals. (cultureby.com)
- Because pets aren 't animals. (cultureby.com)
- People generally give their animals different amounts based on the creature's weight. (adn.com)
- Some people give their animals CBD daily. (adn.com)
- If these people really loved animals and would quit trying to relive the past with a facsimile-pet the $50K (or less) would be better used if donated to a pet shelter for food and sterilization programs. (slashdot.org)
- If these people really loved animals, they wouldn't be sterilizing the poor things. (slashdot.org)
- Of course, people who loved animals could take the $3000 they spent on a new computer to replace their barely-a-year-old computer and donate it to a pet shelter as well. (slashdot.org)
- Animals generally tend to repeat behaviors for which they get rewarded,  X Trustworthy Source The Humane Society of the United States National organization devoted to the promotion of animal welfare Go to source  X Research source so the use of positive reinforcement teaches your pet to demonstrate good and desirable behavior. (wikihow.com)
- For the most part, they prefer to be left alone, and do not always enjoy the company of people or other animals. (wikihow.com)
- Pet therapy can be dated as far back as prehistory time when humans noticed that animals were not only used for food, but they were also friends and companions. (bartleby.com)
- The chiropractor in question is trained in McTimoney-Corley chiropractic and her practice embraces both people and animals, and so I booked a double appointment. (positivehealth.com)
- Holistic treatment for pets is a fast growing area of complementary medicine and as more and more people use natural therapies for themselves they are also seeking it for their animals. (positivehealth.com)
- Natural treatments and remedies work just as well with animals as they do with people, and it's easy to forget that before modern medicine, people and animals looked to nature for a cure. (positivehealth.com)
- People often learned which flowers, herbs and plants were safe to eat or those which had medicinal properties by watching animals. (positivehealth.com)
- Many natural treatments and remedies on offer today have been around for thousands of years and animals have been treated by traditional methods for as long as people have. (positivehealth.com)
- The many years of caring for animals-including exotic, wild and companion pets-has earned Lisa a nationwide reputa- tion with other groomers, veterinarians, trainers and humane societies. (yudu.com)
- Animals make people feel good. (anhglobal.org)
- Can a pet still be boarded if it doesn't get along with other animals? (yellowpages.com)
- Pets that do not get along with other animals may incur an additional fee. (yellowpages.com)
- Some facilities have special solitary sleeping and play animals for these types of pets. (yellowpages.com)
- Understanding that shelters will be looked at to continue to provide support for already homeless animals, but now also do all that they can to keep pets in homes, this track is focused on show-casing the tenants of successful pet pantry models. (animalsheltering.org)
- Late that Friday, Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc., Del Monte, and Nestlé Purina recall several brands of wet and dry pet foods. (wikipedia.org)
- When possible, store pet food and treats away from where human food is stored or prepared and away from reach of young children. (cdc.gov)
- Children younger than 5 years old should not touch or eat pet food, treats, or supplements. (cdc.gov)
- Known for trusted brands spanning dog food, cat food, treats and litter, Purina announced today it has reached the company's 2020 goal to achieve zero waste for disposal across all manufacturing operations and its corporate headquarters. (yahoo.com)
- example, some pet products, like pet foods and treats, can be contaminated with Salmonella and other germs. (cdc.gov)
- Pet food and treats that may be contaminated include dry dog or cat food , dog biscuits, pig ears, beef hooves, and rodents used to feed reptiles (including frozen feeder rodents). (cdc.gov)
- We may overindulge our pets with more treats or food than they need in the less active winter months. (cnbc.com)
- Once you're in the field you can check in on Rover or Fluffy using the camera's smartphone app, give out treats, take photos and even talk to your pets. (dpreview.com)
- We tried to reproduce the Treat Cam's unique feature set using a mirrorless camera, a bowl of pet treats, and a DPReview editor. (dpreview.com)
- This thing shoots treats like little projectiles, halfway across the room, and if you've loaded up the camera with extra small treats it becomes a little pet treat shotgun. (dpreview.com)
- The Petzi Treat Cam has modest resolution and exhibits some barrel distortion, but it's also the only camera we've tested that can fire pet treats back at the test scene. (dpreview.com)
- A number of Alaska businesses are now making and selling CBD pet treats, extracts and oils. (adn.com)
- There are several ways to make good behavior desirable to your pet, such as verbally praising him, giving him treats, and rewarding him with extra playtime. (wikihow.com)
- The good news is that most people get well on their own. (kuow.org)
- There is a flourishing trade in pet cemeteries, and surely this is a good measure of their extra-animal status. (cultureby.com)
- Yes, it sucks and that's why we have so many people medicated now (Feel Good Forever! (slashdot.org)
- Done correctly, your reprimand will stop the bad behavior and reinforce good behavior, all while preserving a good relationship with your pet. (wikihow.com)
- By emphasizing and rewarding good behavior, a pet who learns what to do through positive reinforcement is usually happier, more resilient, more confident, and better behaved than a pet who is physically punished. (wikihow.com)
- You should also practice good hygiene around your pets to avoid transferring germs. (cancer.org)
- In a nod to the '50s, Caplowe, cofounder of Good magazine, built a slant-roof coop and painted it a vibrant yellow. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- Roaches actually make really good pets," says Scott Martin of Rockville, Md. (dailyherald.com)
- Hissers make a good display not only due to their size, but also because they don't instinctively hide. (dailyherald.com)
- In addition to a balanced, nutritous diet and exercise, your vet is an important resource for maintaining good health in your pet. (hillspet.com)
- I love the phone calls I receive after the client goes back home, 'I just wanted to thank you for making Fluffy look so good. (yudu.com)
- Do Rabbits Make Good Pets? (petfinder.com)
- We will spend $34 billion on pets in 2004 (up from $17 billion in 1994): $1.6 b. on the pets themselves, $14 b. for food, and $8 b. for veterinarian care. (cultureby.com)
- Before introducing your new puppy to other pets in the household, visit your veterinarian to ensure all pets are healthy and their vaccinations are up to date. (hillspet.com)
- That's why it's important to take your pet for regular veterinarian checkups to keep them healthy. (cancer.org)
- Talk to your cancer care team and your veterinarian about your pets, and the best way to care for them while you're in treatment. (cancer.org)
- Check with private pet groomers, your veterinarian or even your local pet specialty store. (hillspet.com)
- Your veterinarian or local pet specialty store sells them. (hillspet.com)
- Ask your veterinarian about Hill's® Science Diet® and Prescription Diet® pet foods . (hillspet.com)
- Will there be a veterinarian on staff at the pet kennel? (yellowpages.com)
- Germs like Salmonella and Listeria bacteria have been found in raw pet foods, even packaged ones sold in stores. (cdc.gov)
- These germs can make your pets sick. (cdc.gov)
- Dry and canned pet food also can be contaminated with germs. (cdc.gov)
- But just like people, pets sometimes carry germs that can make us sick. (cancer.org)
- We don't usually think of adorable puppies as disease vectors, but they might actually be making people sick. (kuow.org)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is investigating a Campylobacter outbreak in people and its link to puppies purchased from a chain of pet stores. (kuow.org)
- While the investigation is ongoing, federal officials have linked it to contact with puppies sold by Petland, a chain of pet stores based in Ohio. (kuow.org)
- A Scientific Mystery: Do Wild Baboons Kidnap Puppies for Pets? (psychologytoday.com)
- This YouTube clip claims that wild baboons kidnap puppies and raise them as pets. (psychologytoday.com)
- According to Psych Today blogger Melanie Greenberg, scientists have proven that getting a pet will make you healthier. (psychologytoday.com)
- The business uses technology to decrease the cost of health care and make patients healthier. (fox2now.com)
- Dr. Katy Nelson has fitness tips to keep your pet slimmer, trimmer and healthier. (cnbc.com)
- The Ministry of Health said it would start an awareness campaign on Saturday about swine flu, advising people what preparations to make and what arriving travellers should do if they had flu-like symptoms. (nzherald.co.nz)
- If you're yet to leave your pet alone, check in with your vet before your trip to determine what preparations you should make. (lifehack.org)
- Making advanced preparations for your pets. (redcross.org)
- Canna-Biscuits are particularly popular for anxious pets, as evidenced by many consumers who have reported calmer behavior during thunderstorms, travel, or during extended absences. (yahoo.com)
- The pet experts at Canidae recommend removing "temptations" that might encourage bad behavior in your pet while you're away. (lifehack.org)
- Positive reinforcement also works when used hand-in-hand with making bad behavior undesirable. (wikihow.com)
- If your pet realizes that certain behaviors have undesirable consequences for him, then he will likely stop doing that behavior. (wikihow.com)
- Species-specific punishment, such as hissing at a cat, can make bad behavior less desirable without physically punishing or yelling at your pet. (wikihow.com)
- Not showing affection towards your pet as he is performing the bad behavior is another way to make the behavior undesirable. (wikihow.com)
- By recognizing normal feline behavior, we can accommodate the home environment to fit their needs, which helps build a stronger, positive human-animal bond, keeping more cats in homes and out of shelters," she says. (uexpress.com)
- As PT blogger Pat Shipman recently pointed out in this post , the downside of regarding pets as family is the grief we experience when they die. (psychologytoday.com)
- The downside of this personality trait is that they can get overexcited when they meet new people, which is something that needs to be addressed through training and positive reinforcement. (pitbulls.org)
- You made sure that industry continues to breed and exploit more cats. (bigcatrescue.org)
- Pet Policy: 30lbs max pet weight, 2 cats or 1 dog max per unit, $10 pet rent, $150 non-refundable pet fee. (rent.com)
- For cats, you usually won't need much more than a pet sitter who stops by to check food and water and maybe even change out the litter box. (lifehack.org)
- We at Pet Connection have always suspected that cats are aliens who have enslaved us to do their furry bidding. (uexpress.com)
- Cats are the most popular pets in the United States, with between 74 and 96 million of them sharing our homes. (uexpress.com)
- There are lots of theories about why cats and people joined forces. (uexpress.com)
- Marek says the biggest mistake people make with cats is believing the myth that they are self-sufficient, aloof and solitary. (uexpress.com)
- In "Cats for the GENIUS," Marek offers readers the opportunity to "create a paw-sitive relationship with your cat from the start! (uexpress.com)
- For instance, she says people are often surprised to learn that cats prefer to have food and water in different areas. (uexpress.com)
- Consider a vacuum filter that's made specially to filter pet dander and hair. (regence.com)
- Don't thaw frozen raw pet foods on a countertop or in a sink. (cdc.gov)
- Forbidden Foods: Does Loving Pets Make It Easier To Eat Meat? (psychologytoday.com)
- Menu Foods acknowledges receiving the first complaints of sick pets on February 20. (wikipedia.org)
- While the recalled products represent just 1% of pet foods available in the U.S., the recall is one of the largest in American history. (wikipedia.org)
- Menu Foods expands the recall to include dozens of more cat and dog food products, including all varieties of 'cuts and gravy' type wet pet food in cans and pouches, not just specific UPCs, as before, in order to ensure pet stores removed any chance of contaminated batches reaching consumers. (wikipedia.org)
- The FDA prohibits the import of wheat gluten from a specific Chinese company, Xuzhou Anying Biologic Technology Development Company (徐州安营生物技术开发有限公司),website, and says that the contamination may be in dry pet foods as well. (wikipedia.org)
- Concerns are first voiced in the news media that the imported gluten may have been used in products intended for human consumption, however the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) assures consumers that all of the suspect gluten was used exclusively in pet foods and there is "no evidence to suggest that any of the imported Wheat Gluten from the suspect firm has entered the human food supply. (wikipedia.org)
- You won't find imported CBD at Alaska's marijuana shops, but the products are available at Alaska home and garden stores, pet shops, natural foods stores and online. (adn.com)
- This increase in ill health goes hand in hand with the increase in processed and refined foods in the diet of both pets and people. (positivehealth.com)
- Commercially prepared pet foods are more or less 'convenience foods for pets' and we would never think to feed ourselves or our children dried or tinned food for our entire lives. (positivehealth.com)
- In a study published in Clinical & Experimental Allergy, children who were exposed to pets before they were six months old were less likely to develop allergic diseases, hay fever, and eczema as they got older. (go.com)
- If you're allergic and decide to keep your pet, are you signing on for years of misery? (regence.com)
- If you doubt how devoted a person can be to what others consider creepy and crawly, here's one last fact about Saw: When he started to develop allergy symptoms and his doctor diagnosed an allergy to roaches, he realized that also meant he was allergic to his pet mantises. (dailyherald.com)
- There is a bond and companionship that makes a big difference in mental health," not to mention the extra exercise you get from walks and playtime. (go.com)
- Many people love their non-human friends because they offer companionship. (cancer.org)
- A pet rock can replace many of the duties, such as a companionship, I can get from a pet dog or cat. (bartleby.com)
- Nestlé Purina PetCare creates richer lives for pets and the people who love them. (yahoo.com)
- Pets often provide unconditional acceptance and love and they're always there for you," says Gary A. Christenson, MD, chief medical officer at Boynton Health Service at the University of Minnesota. (go.com)
- We love them,' said Coronado about her family's pets. (cnn.com)
- I love people and all God's creatures. (care2.com)
- Pitbulls love people. (pitbulls.org)
- Hope your pets are staying healthy and happy'Sending blessings and love to all our friends. (facebook.com)
- As much as you love your pet, there are probably going to be times when he misbehaves. (wikihow.com)
- If you're still not convinced about roaches, McMonigle notes that their closest relative is an insect that many people love: the praying mantis. (dailyherald.com)
- Wonder why people love rabbits? (petfinder.com)
- Every time a pet is vaccinated they are put at risk for minor reactions and more serious, such as anaphylaxis or immune-mediated diseases, such as bleeding disorders or even vaccine-site tumors. (change.org)
- Flames licking at your heels, you run into the building and realize that you only have time to save one or the other. (psychologytoday.com)
- There is only time for you to dash out and save the person or the dog. (psychologytoday.com)
- To minimize risk of illness, the CDC suggests washing your hands after touching your dog, though for any dog lover, washing your hands every time you pet one seems unrealistic. (kuow.org)
- Who will be Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2017? (fox2now.com)
- This is the time of year when you can look back on the last 12 months and appreciate everyone who helped make the year a success for your business. (baltimoresun.com)
- That's even more time than people spend sleeping. (baltimoresun.com)
- And because we spend so much time at work, it's in your and your employer's best interest to make workplaces. (baltimoresun.com)
- Starting your own business can nurture your entrepreneurial spirit, earn you some money and give you the opportunity to spend more time with your family - including your pets. (baltimoresun.com)
- You may want to be so busy so that you aren't home to miss your pet, or you may want to spend time every day looking at pictures of you together. (kidshealth.org)
- This creates some time for mindfulness and quiet when I come from work or on weekend mornings. (everydayhealth.com)
- You can now leave your pets at home to scratch the furniture unabated, knowing you can check in on them anywhere, any time. (dpreview.com)
- If you've determined that your pet will not be going with you on your trip, check out this list of tips on what you should do to prepare your pet for your time away. (lifehack.org)
- The best way to do this is to set a feeder that feeds your animal at a given time each day, regardless of time your sitter is able to stop by and check on your pet. (lifehack.org)
- Introduce your new puppy to other pets gradually and one at a time. (hillspet.com)
- Acceptance may take time, so never leave your new puppy unsupervised with any of your other pets until you are certain they get along well. (hillspet.com)
- Your body actually goes through physical changes in that length of time that make a difference in your mood. (anhglobal.org)
- And taking care of a pet - walking with it, grooming it, playing with it - takes you out of yourself and helps you feel better about the way you spend your time. (anhglobal.org)
- Some pet kennels have veterinarians as part of their daily staff, while others only have vets part time or on call. (yellowpages.com)
- Additionally, reptiles and amphibians that live in tanks or aquariums can contaminate the water with Salmonella , which can make people sick even if they don't touch the animal. (cdc.gov)
- Anyone can get sick from Salmonella , but some people are more likely than others to get salmonellosis. (cdc.gov)
- There are online services that can match you with affordable options for pet sitters in your area. (lifehack.org)
- Adding to the convenient and seamlessly integrated features, the app also locates nearby pet-related places such as vets, dog parks and pet stores. (qualcomm.com)
- Your family also can get sick by handling the raw food or by taking care of your pet. (cdc.gov)
- Pet lovers care about how their pets' food and litter are made, and that it's done in a responsible way, and we couldn't agree more," said Gopi Sandhu , Director of Sustainable Operations at Purina. (yahoo.com)
- Purina is also committed to sourcing ingredients responsibly, caring for water, making the packaging for all of its pet care products 100 percent recyclable or reusable by 2025 and acting on climate change with a goal of achieving 100 percent renewable electricity at all of our sites. (yahoo.com)
- More than 500 Purina scientists, veterinarians, and pet care experts ensure our commitment to unsurpassed quality and nutrition. (yahoo.com)
- Purina promotes responsible pet care through our scientific research, our products and our support for pet-related organizations. (yahoo.com)
- They have the right, most of them, to live in doors, to eat better than many people in the third world, to receive excellent health care, and we promise not to eat them when they die. (cultureby.com)
- Whether your pets actually care that you've made the effort is another matter entirely. (dpreview.com)
- Of course, this is DPReview and we know what all you pet-owning photographers really care about is image quality, so we took the Treat Cam into the studio and shot our test scene. (dpreview.com)
- If none of your friends or family members are available to care for your pet while you're away, look into your options for hiring a professional pet sitter. (lifehack.org)
- Learn helpful pet care tips and receive expert advice. (petfinder.com)
- To get the latest on pet adoption and pet care, sign up for the Petfinder newsletter. (petfinder.com)
- Most rabbit-parents know that rabbits are not cheap pets, but there are several easy ways to reduce the costs of their daily care. (petfinder.com)
- Written by leading veterinarians to provide you with the information you need to care for your pets. (petmd.com)
- These results support the notion that for many people, pets are, at least psychologically, full-fledged family members. (psychologytoday.com)
- A pet has a special place in your family. (parents.com)
- Although this breed frequently gets a bad rap in the media, if you have ever met a pitbull that was raised by a loving, conscientious family then you will understand how much they like to be with people. (pitbulls.org)
- g pet center for your furry family. (facebook.com)
- If you or someone in your family suffers from allergies, increase your chances of pet-owning success by finding out everything you can before saying "farewell" to a furry friend or inviting one into your home. (regence.com)
- More and more people consider their pets as members of the family. (cultureby.com)
- If you have a dog whose breed needs high maintenance by nature or simply has a personality that requires more attention, your vet might recommend looking into your options for leaving your pet with a friend or family member, or even leaving your pet at a boarding establishment during your trip. (lifehack.org)
- By taking a few easy actions, like making an emergency kit and a family plan, you can be prepared. (redcross.org)
- Contact hotels, motels, family members and animal shelters to see if they would allow pets in a disaster situation. (redcross.org)
- Family members should call this person and tell them where they are. (redcross.org)
- Seventy-six million households own a pet (roughly 3 in 4). (cultureby.com)
- With 1 in 2 households owning a pet and 22% of households now owning a dog, it's clear we're still a nation of animal lovers. (k9magazine.com)
- Almost 7 out of 10 US households include at least 1 pet, according to the Insurance Information Institute. (cancer.org)
- Hair is mostly made of protein. (hillspet.com)
- A quick search for pet alligators turns up dozens of websites that sell juvenile alligators for anywhere from $150 to $15,000 (for an albino animal). (nationalgeographic.com)
- Wash your hands and surfaces thoroughly after handling raw pet food. (cdc.gov)
- Wash your hands with soap and water right after handling any raw pet food. (cdc.gov)
- If you do play with your pet after they have just eaten, wash your hands, and any other parts of your body they licked, with soap and water. (cdc.gov)
- people with weakened immune systems, such as people with HIV/AIDS, organ transplant patients, and people receiving chemotherapy. (cdc.gov)
- This is especially important for people with weaker immune systems, including cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy . (cancer.org)
- Your pets can be an important source of emotional support while you receive chemotherapy. (cancer.org)
- A healthy diet is important for everyone, even your pets! (cdc.gov)
- In the case of your pet, some of the early warning signs of a poor quality diet are a dull or smelly coat, skin problems, scratching, excessive moulting, diarrhoea or constipation, smelly stools and weight problems. (positivehealth.com)
- Pets eating a natural, preservative-free diet rarely become ill because their bodies work better and are more able to resist disease. (positivehealth.com)
- While unlikely in real life, fantasy situations like the burning building scenario provide fruitful ways of studying human moral intuition . (psychologytoday.com)
- Achieving zero waste for disposal means that all 21 of Purina's manufacturing sites and its St. Louis Headquarters have found ways to derive benefits from materials that would have otherwise been discarded. (yahoo.com)
- Read on to learn the surprising ways your pet can boost your health. (go.com)
- Pet parenthood prepped us for real parenthood in ways we didn't imagine. (parents.com)
- You may be surprised at just how many ways a pet can improve your health. (anhglobal.org)
- quicklist: 6 category: How Pets Improve Your Health title: They may prevent allergies in children url: text: If you had a pet as a kid, you may be in luck. (go.com)
- Pet allergies are not caused by dog hair, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology noted in a recent statement. (cnn.com)
- Before committing to a pet, make an arrangement to bring the animal to the home for a trial period to see how the person with allergies fares. (cnn.com)
- About a third of Americans who have pet allergies live with at least one cat or dog. (regence.com)
- For some, the benefits of having pets may outweigh the pitfalls of allergies. (regence.com)
- The primary reason that people cite for surrendering their pets is allergies," says Brenda Barnette, CEO of the Seattle Humane Society. (regence.com)
- Pet allergies are common. (regence.com)
- Although it's possible to build up some resistance to pet allergies, don't count on it. (regence.com)
- Just as the number of people suffering from chronic diseases such as arthritis, allergies, obesity, heart disease, cancer, skin problems and diabetes is on the increase, so is the number of pets suffering from similar problems. (positivehealth.com)
- In 2013, the AHA reviewed numerous studies examining the effects of pet ownership on cardiovascular disease risk and concluded that having a furry friend, particularly a dog, is associated with a reduction in risk and increased survival among patients. (go.com)
- Researchers at the State University of New York at Buffalo discovered that in people already taking medication for hypertension, their blood pressure response to stress was cut by half if they owned a cat or dog. (go.com)
- And another study showed that children with hypertension actually lowered their blood pressure while petting their dog. (anhglobal.org)
- In 2019, six pet alligators went on the loose in Detroit (one was shot to death), and in August, the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish seized an alligator from a Santa Fe man who had kept the animal illegally for 10 years. (nationalgeographic.com)
- He likes to sit outside and people-watch, and I have to sit with him so he doesn't bark. (everydayhealth.com)
- You can learn about "Homeopathy for Pets" at Bark Avenue Market & Bakery from 3 to 4 p.m. Saturday. (dallasnews.com)
- At AK Bark, an Anchorage pet shop, owner Mark Robokoff said that sales took off after he started selling CBD 18 months ago. (adn.com)
- We seek to reach out with this petition to the American Veterinary Medical Association, vaccine manufacturers, and lawmakers to show them that pet parents and the veterinary world wants to change improve the current laws regarding frequency of rabies vaccination. (change.org)
- We recommend that legislators replace current vaccination requirements and allow waivers for ill pets or those who have had a reaction and allow a protective rabies titer level to be accepted for pet licensure. (change.org)
- Because some pets do not respond to vaccination, all pets should be titered. (change.org)
- GSC has modified their cloning procedure to overcome the resemblance issues demonstrated when the College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M, created CopyCat . (slashdot.org)
- Like many people who go into veterinary medicine, I thought I could handle just about every aspect of the work except the euthanasia part. (petmd.com)
- Simone Giertz came up with the great idea of creating her very own dog selfie booth. (cesarsway.com)
- Petsmart and PetCo offer a lot of great options for automated pet feeders. (lifehack.org)
- Pet insurance is that essential safety net should anything go wrong, so shopping around on a price comparison site will ensure you get the right cover at a great price. (k9magazine.com)
- Snakes can make great pets. (wikihow.com)
- Here are the top ten reasons rescued rabbits make great pets. (petfinder.com)
- And although the media focuses on the negative aspects, in reality they can be awesome pets for the smart owner. (pitbulls.org)
- To be a successful and responsible pitbull owner you need to at all times have your pet under control. (pitbulls.org)
- As a responsible pet owner, you should understand that there is a right way and wrong way to reprimand your pet. (wikihow.com)
- The original Keyboard Cat video was made public in 2007 -- but his owner filmed it back in 1984. (huffingtonpost.com)
- This may lead me to suggest permanent dietary and lifestyle changes, changes that may benefit the pet owner as well. (positivehealth.com)
- For the latest information on pet-friendly emergency shelters and other local resources, stay in touch through The HSUS's Twitter feed and Facebook page . (humanesociety.org)
- For more information about Tagg-The Pet Tracker, visit www.tagg.com or follow the brand on Twitter @TaggTracker and Facebook at www.facebook.com/TaggThePetTracker . (qualcomm.com)
- A lot of this could be solved with spaying / neutering /education / organizations to build fences. (change.org)
- quicklist: 5 category: How Pets Improve Your Health title: They reduce your cardiovascular disease risk url: text: Lower cholesterol, stress, and blood pressure levels combined with increased fitness may add up to a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. (go.com)
- Dr Peters said that based on modelling by the World Health Organisation, it was predicted that 60 per cent of people would become infected with the new virus, A (H1N1). (nzherald.co.nz)
- Ngaire Buchanan, a member of the northern regional health emergency group, said that when transmission of the virus was widespread, people would be told of their nearest community-based assessment centre. (nzherald.co.nz)
- A new study on the death rates of children with epilepsy found that living with a pet. (psychologytoday.com)
- Johnson-co-author of Walk a Hound, Lose a Pound-led a study at the University of Missouri that found that dog walkers improved their fitness more than people who walked with other people. (go.com)
- This is why I have found comfort in my pet rock. (bartleby.com)
- Join Integrating People for Animal Wellness and 579 supporters today. (change.org)
- The graph below shows the proportion of people who said they would save the animal over the human. (psychologytoday.com)
- The keynote address at the recent conference on human-animal relationships spun my head around and has caused me to question whether our pets are really our 'friends. (psychologytoday.com)
- Are You an Animal Person? (psychologytoday.com)
- Pet Therapy is the commonly used term for animal-assisted therapy (AAT), animal-assisted activities (AAA) and pet visitation. (bartleby.com)
- The HSUS's state directors have been in action already , helping local shelters, staffing a Unified Operations Center, advising pet-friendly polices at human shelters, and reminding everyone to include pets during evacuations. (humanesociety.org)
- We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. (vrbo.com)