Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Cine
A type of imaging technique used primarily in the field of cardiology. By coordinating the fast gradient-echo MRI sequence with retrospective ECG-gating, numerous short time frames evenly spaced in the cardiac cycle are produced. These images are laced together in a cinematic display so that wall motion of the ventricles, valve motion, and blood flow patterns in the heart and great vessels can be visualized.
Urban Health Services
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.
Encyclopedias as Topic
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Ventricular Function, Right
Any visible result of a procedure which is caused by the procedure itself and not by the entity being analyzed. Common examples include histological structures introduced by tissue processing, radiographic images of structures that are not naturally present in living tissue, and products of chemical reactions that occur during analysis.
Messages between computer users via COMPUTER COMMUNICATION NETWORKS. This feature duplicates most of the features of paper mail, such as forwarding, multiple copies, and attachments of images and other file types, but with a speed advantage. The term also refers to an individual message sent in this way.
Cardiac-Gated Imaging Techniques
Multidetector Computed Tomography
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
Ventricular Function, Left
Recording of the moment-to-moment electromotive forces of the HEART as projected onto various sites on the body's surface, delineated as a scalar function of time. The recording is monitored by a tracing on slow moving chart paper or by observing it on a cardioscope, which is a CATHODE RAY TUBE DISPLAY.
Ventricular Dysfunction, Left
A condition in which the LEFT VENTRICLE of the heart was functionally impaired. This condition usually leads to HEART FAILURE; MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION; and other cardiovascular complications. Diagnosis is made by measuring the diminished ejection fraction and a depressed level of motility of the left ventricular wall.
Caval contribution to flow in the branch pulmonary arteries of Fontan patients with a novel application of magnetic resonance presaturation pulse. (1/847)BACKGROUND: A complete understanding of fluid mechanics in Fontan physiology includes knowledge of the caval contributions to right (RPA) and left (LPA) pulmonary arterial blood flow, total systemic venous return, and relative blood flow to each lung. METHODS AND RESULTS: Ten Fontan patients underwent cine MRI. Three cine scans of the pulmonary arteries were performed: (1) no presaturation pulse, (2) a presaturation pulse labeling inferior vena cava (IVC) blood (signal void), and (3) a presaturation pulse labeling superior vena cava (SVC) blood. The relative signal decrease is proportional to the amount of blood originating from the labeled vena cava. This method was validated in a phantom. Whereas 60+/-6% of SVC blood flowed into the RPA, 67+/-12% of IVC blood flowed toward the LPA. Of the blood in the LPA and RPA, 48+/-14% and 31+/-17%, respectively, came from the IVC. IVC blood contributed 40+/-16% to total systemic venous return. The distributions of blood to each lung were nearly equal (RPA/LPA blood=0.94+/-11). CONCLUSIONS: In Fontan patients with total cavopulmonary connection, SVC blood is directed toward the RPA and IVC blood is directed toward the LPA. Although the right lung volume is larger than the left, an equal amount of blood flow went to both lungs. LPA blood is composed of equal amounts of IVC and SVC blood because IVC contribution to total systemic venous return is smaller than that of the SVC. This technique and these findings can help to evaluate design changes of the systemic venous pathway to improve Fontan hemodynamics. (+info)
Exercise-induced attenuation of alpha-adrenoceptor mediated vasoconstriction in humans: evidence from phase-contrast MRI. (2/847)OBJECTIVE: We recently provided evidence for contraction-induced attenuation of reflex sympathetic vasoconstriction in human skeletal muscle microcirculation. We now asked whether contraction-induced modulation of alpha-adrenoceptor mediated vasoconstriction in the human forearm (a) is evident in a large artery supplying the contracting skeletal muscle and (b) implicates a post-junctional site of action. METHODS AND RESULTS: To address these questions in humans, we used phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging to measure blood flow velocity and cross-sectional area of the brachial artery during brachial-artery infusion of the alpha-adrenoceptor agonist norepinephrine (NE) (1.1 g/min for 5 min) at rest and during mild ipsilateral rhythmic handgrip (20% of maximum). At rest, brachial artery conductance decreased progressively during the entire 5 min period of infusion (baseline to first half to second half of infusion: 0.421 +/- 0.157 to 0.255 +/- 0.187 to 0.012 +/- 0.014 ml/min/mmHg, P < 0.05). When NE was superimposed on handgrip, conductance at first decreased sharply (1.205 +/- 0.127 to 0.330 +/- 0.097 ml/min/mmHg, P < 0.05). However, during the second half of the infusion, conductance did not decrease further but rather returned progressively toward baseline (0.476 +/- 0.199 ml/min/mmHg at the end of the exercise, P < 0.05 vs. NE alone). CONCLUSION: These data provide new evidence in humans that alpha-adrenoceptor mediated vasoconstriction is sensitive to modulation by skeletal muscle contraction. Such modulation is evident at the level of a large conduit artery and it involves a post-junctional mechanism of action. (+info)
Third ventriculostomy patency: comparison of findings at cine phase-contrast MR imaging and at direct exploration. (3/847)BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Two-dimensional phase-contrast (PC) MR imaging is a known method for evaluating CSF flow after third ventriculostomy. In this study, we attempted to confirm the accuracy of cine PC MR imaging for determining the patency of a third ventriculostomy as compared with direct reexploration of the floor of the third ventricle. METHODS: We examined 11 patients with third ventriculostomies who had a total of 13 reoperations for symptomatic obstructive hydrocephalus. In 12 of the 13 reexplorations, cine PC MR studies were obtained before repeat surgery, and the diagnoses suggested by imaging were compared with intraoperative findings. RESULTS: Four of five patients who had no flow on MR images had new membranes that covered the orifice; the fifth patient still had a small perforation visible at the time of operation. Three of four patients who had subtle flow on MR images were found to have occlusion with new membranes; the fourth had an incomplete new membrane. Finally, two of three who had a patent ventriculostomy had completely open perforations without membrane formation; the third patient had nonobstructive early membrane formation. At 3 months' follow-up, two flow studies were read as subtle without any clinical symptoms; however, these eventually progressed to become symptomatic, and occlusion with new membrane formation was confirmed during surgical reexploration. CONCLUSION: Cine PC MR imaging is a reliable technique for detecting the patency of a third ventriculostomy, but minor flow, as defined in this report, appears to be an early sign of closure. (+info)
Spontaneous ventriculostomy: report of three cases revealed by flow-sensitive phase-contrast cine MR imaging. (4/847)Spontaneous ventriculostomy is a rare condition that occurs with the spontaneous rupture of a ventricle, resulting in a communication between the ventricular system and the subarachnoid space. Three cases of spontaneous ventriculostomy through the floor of the third ventricle that occurred in cases of chronic obstructive hydrocephalus are presented. The communication was identified via flow-sensitive phase-contrast cine MR imaging. Spontaneous ventriculostomy is probably a result of a rupture of the normally thin membrane that forms the floor of the third ventricle and, with long-standing obstructive hydrocephalus, creates an internal drainage pathway that spontaneously compensates for the hydrocephalus. (+info)
Cardiac motion tracking using CINE harmonic phase (HARP) magnetic resonance imaging. (5/847)This article introduces a new image processing technique for rapid analysis of tagged cardiac magnetic resonance image sequences. The method uses isolated spectral peaks in SPAMM-tagged magnetic resonance images, which contain information about cardiac motion. The inverse Fourier transform of a spectral peak is a complex image whose calculated angle is called a harmonic phase (HARP) image. It is shown how two HARP image sequences can be used to automatically and accurately track material points through time. A rapid, semiautomated procedure to calculate circumferential and radial Lagrangian strain from tracked points is described. This new computational approach permits rapid analysis and visualization of myocardial strain within 5-10 min after the scan is complete. Its performance is demonstrated on MR image sequences reflecting both normal and abnormal cardiac motion. Results from the new method are shown to compare very well with a previously validated tracking algorithm. Magn Reson Med 42:1048-1060, 1999. (+info)
Left ventricular function in adults with mild pulmonary insufficiency late after Fallot repair. (6/847)OBJECTIVE: To assess left ventricular function in adult Fallot patients with residual pulmonary regurgitation. SETTING: The radiology department of a tertiary referral centre. PATIENTS: 14 patients with chronic pulmonary regurgitation and right ventricular volume overload after repair of tetralogy of Fallot and 10 healthy subjects were studied using magnetic resonance imaging. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Biventricular volumes, global biventricular function, and regional left ventricular function were assessed in all subjects. RESULTS: The amount of pulmonary regurgitation in patients (mean (SD)) was 25 (18)% of forward flow and correlated significantly with right ventricular enlargement (p < 0.05). Left ventricular end diastolic volume was decreased in patients (78 (11) v 88 (10) ml/m(2); p < 0.05), ejection fraction was not significantly altered (59 (5)% v 55 (7)%; NS). No significant correlation was found between pulmonary regurgitation and left ventricular function. Overall left ventricular end diastolic wall thickness was significantly lower in patients (5.06 (0.72) v 6.06 (1.06) mm; p < 0. 05), predominantly in the free wall. At the apical level, left ventricular systolic wall thickening was 20% higher in Fallot patients (p < 0.05). Left ventricular shape was normal. CONCLUSIONS: Adult Fallot patients with mild chronic pulmonary regurgitation and subsequent right ventricular enlargement showed a normal left ventricular shape and global function. Although the left ventricular free wall had reduced wall thickness, compensatory hypercontractility of the apex may contribute to preserved global function. (+info)
Endoscopic aqueductal plasty via the fourth ventricle through the cerebellar hemisphere under navigating system guidance--technical note. (7/847)A 1-year 8-month-old boy presented with isolated fourth ventricle after ventriculoperitoneal shunting for hydrocephalus associated with ventricular and subarachnoid hemorrhage. The therapeutic endoscope was inserted through the thin left cerebellar hemisphere. Endoscopic aqueductal plasty was performed via the enlarged fourth ventricle under guidance from a navigating system. Endoscopic aqueductal plasty via the fourth ventricle under navigating system guidance is a useful procedure enabling less invasive surgery for isolated fourth ventricle associated with slit-like ventricle after shunt placement. (+info)
Importance of imaging method over imaging modality in noninvasive determination of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction: assessment by two- and three-dimensional echocardiography and magnetic resonance imaging. (8/847)OBJECTIVES: This study sought to determine the concordance between biplane and volumetric echocardiography and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) strategies and their impact on the classification of patients according to left ventricular (LV) ejection fraction (EF) (LVEF). BACKGROUND: Transthoracic echocardiography and MRI are noninvasive imaging modalities well suited for serial evaluation of LV volume and LVEF. Despite the accuracy and reproducibility of volumetric methods, quantitative biplane methods are commonly used, as they minimize both scanning and analysis times. METHODS: Thirty-five adult subjects, including 25 patients with dilated cardiomyopathies, were evaluated by biplane and volumetric (cardiac short-axis stack) cine MRI and by biplane and volumetric (three-dimensional) transthoracic echocardiography. Left ventricular volume, LVEF and LV function categories (LVEF > or =55%, >35% to <55% and < or =35%) were then determined. RESULTS: Biplane echocardiography underestimated LV volume with respect to the other three strategies (p < 0.01). There were no significant differences (p > 0.05) between any of the strategies for quantitative LVEF. Volumetric MRI and volumetric echocardiography differed by a single functional category for 2 patients (8%). Six to 11 patients (24% to 44%) differed when comparing biplane and volumetric methods. Ten patients (40%) changed their functional status when biplane MRI and biplane echocardiography were compared; this comparison also revealed the greatest mean absolute difference in estimates of EF for those subjects whose EF functional category had changed. CONCLUSIONS: Volumetric MRI and volumetric echocardiographic measures of LV volume and LVEF agree well and give similar results when used to stratify patients with dilated cardiomyopathy according to systolic function. Agreement is poor between biplane and volumetric methods and worse between biplane methods, which assigned 40% of patients to different categories according to LVEF. The choice of imaging method (volumetric or biplane) has a greater impact on the results than does the choice of imaging modality (echocardiography or MRI) when measuring LV volume and systolic function. (+info)
Effect of acquisition parameters on the accuracy of velocity encoded cine magnetic resonance imaging blood flow measurements<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Effect of acquisition parameters on the accuracy of velocity encoded cine magnetic resonance imaging blood flow measurements. AU - Greil, Gerald. AU - Geva, Tal. AU - Maier, Stephan E.. AU - Powell, Andrew J.. N1 - Copyright: Copyright 2008 Elsevier B.V., All rights reserved.. PY - 2002. Y1 - 2002. N2 - Purpose: To investigate the effect of acquisition parameters on the accuracy of 2D velocity encoded cine magnetic resonance imaging (VEC MRI) flow measurements. Materials and Methods: Using a pulsatile flow phantom, through-plane flow measurements were performed on a flexible vessel made of polyvinyl alcohol cryogel (PVA), a material that mimics the MR signal and biomechanical properties of aortic tissue. Results: Repeated VEC MRI flow measurements (N = 20) under baseline conditions yielded an error of 0.8 ± 1.5%. Slice thickness, angle between flow and velocity encoding directions, spatial resolution, velocity encoding range, and radio frequency (RF) flip angles were varied over ...
Noninvasive determination of infarct artery patency by cine magnetic resonance angiography<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Noninvasive determination of infarct artery patency by cine magnetic resonance angiography. AU - Hundley, W. G.. AU - Clarke, G. D.. AU - Landau, C.. AU - Lange, R. A.. AU - Willard, J. E.. AU - Hillis, L. D.. AU - Peshock, R. M.. PY - 1995. Y1 - 1995. N2 - Background: In survivors of myocardial infarction, restoration of antegrade flow in the infarct artery reduces morbidity and mortality. At present, coronary artery patency must be assessed invasively with contrast angiography. A noninvasive method of evaluating infarct artery patency would be useful in managing survivors of infarction. This study was performed to determine whether magnetic resonance (MR) imaging could reliably assess infarct artery patency in this patient population. Methods and Results: Eighteen survivors of myocardial infarction (11 men and 7 women, aged 35 to 74 years) who were consecutively referred for cardiac catheterization underwent contrast coronary angiography and cine MR coronary angiography. ...
Evaluation of cardiac dyssynchrony with longitudinal strain analysisin 4-chamber cine MR imaging<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Evaluation of cardiac dyssynchrony with longitudinal strain analysisin 4-chamber cine MR imaging. AU - Kawakubo, Masateru. AU - Nagao, Michinobu. AU - Kumazawa, Seiji. AU - Chishaki, Akiko S.. AU - Mukai, Yasushi. AU - Nakamura, Yasuhiko. AU - Honda, Hiroshi. AU - Morishita, Junji. PY - 2013/12. Y1 - 2013/12. N2 - Purpose: We investigated the clinical performance of evaluation of cardiac mechanical dyssynchrony withlongitudinal strain analysis using four-chamber (4CH) cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).Materials and methods: We retrospectively enrolled 73 chronic heart failure patients (41 men, 32 women;mean age, 57 years, NYHA 2, 3, and 4) who underwent a cardiac MRI in the present study. The left ventricu-lar dyssynchrony (LVD) and interventricular dyssynchrony (IVD) indices were calculated by longitudinalstrain analysis using 4CH cine MRI. The LVD and IVD indices were compared by the Wilcoxon rank-sumtest between the patients with indication for cardiac resynchronization ...
Normal human left and right ventricular and left atrial dimensions using steady state free precession magnetic resonance...
PURPOSE: The aim of this project was to establish a database of left and right ventricular and left atrial dimensions in healthy volunteers using steady-state free precession cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, the clinical technique of choice, across a wide age range. METHODS: 108 healthy volunteers (63 male, 45 female) underwent cardiac magnetic resonance imaging using steady-state free precession sequences. Manual analysis was performed by 2 experienced observers. RESULTS: Left and right ventricular volumes and left ventricular mass were larger in males than females: LV end-diastolic volume 160 +/- 29 mL vs. 135 +/- 26 mL, LV end-systolic volume 50 +/- 16 mL vs. 42 +/- 12 mL; RV end-diastolic volume 190 +/- 33 mL vs. 148 +/- 35 mL, RV end-systolic volume 78 +/- 20 mL vs. 56 +/- 18 mL (p | .05 for all). Normalization of values to body surface area removed the statistical differences for LV volumes, but not for LV mass or RV volumes. With increased age, males showed a significant decrease in volume and
Cardiac CT & MRI Literature: Magnetic Resonance Assessment of the Substrate for Inducible Ventricular Tachycardia in...
This article by Nazarian et al in this weeks issue of Circulation shows that scar diagnosed on contrast-enhanced CMR is significantly predictive of inducible ventricular tachycardia, even after adjusting for LV ejection fraction. Scar involving 26-75% of the myocardium was...
7 Tesla (T) human cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging using FLASH and SSFP to assess cardiac function: Validation against...
We report the first comparison of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) at 1.5T, 3T and 7T field strengths using steady state free precession (SSFP) and fast low angle shot (FLASH) cine sequences. Cardiac volumes and mass measurements were assessed for feasibility, reproducibility and validity at each given field strength using FLASH and SSFP sequences. Ten healthy volunteers underwent retrospectively electrocardiogram (ECG) gated CMR at 1.5T, 3T and 7T using FLASH and SSFP sequences. B1 and B0 shimming and frequency scouts were used to optimise image quality. Cardiac volume and mass measurements were not significantly affected by field strength when using the same imaging sequence (P|0.05 for all parameters at 1.5T, 3T and 7T). SSFP imaging returned larger end diastolic and end systolic volumes and smaller left ventricular masses than FLASH imaging at 7T, and at the lower field strengths (P|0.05 for each parameter). However, univariate general linear model analysis with fixed effects for
A comparison of cine CMR imaging at 0.55 T and 1.5 T | Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance | Full Text
There is a renewed interest in lower field magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems for cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR), due to their favorable physical properties, reduced costs, and increased accessibility to patients with implants. We sought to assess the diagnostic capabilities of high-performance low-field (0.55 T) CMR imaging for quantification of right and left ventricular volumes and systolic function in both healthy subjects and patients referred for clinical CMR. Sixty-five subjects underwent paired exams at 1.5 T using a clinical CMR scanner and using an identical CMR system modified to operate at 0.55 T. Volumetric coverage of the right ventricle (RV) and left ventricles (LV) was obtained using either a breath-held cine balanced steady-state free-precession acquisition or a motion-corrected free-breathing re-binned cine acquisition. Bland-Altman analysis was used to compare LV and RV end-systolic volume (ESV), end-diastolic volume (EDV), ejection fraction (EF), and LV mass.
MRI evaluation in patients with prosthetic valves
The daily workhorse cine sequence in CMR is balanced steady state free precession (SSFP) which is very sensitive to artefacts from ferromagnetic objects. The severity of artefacts in cine images caused by PHV may range from no artefact to severe artefact obscuring not only the valve but also the adjacent structures. Therefore from a CMR perspective the ferromagnetic metallic component of the PHV is the main factor determining cine image quality. While one may think that mechanical PHV will cause the more severe artefacts and bioprosthetic PHV will be friendlier with the image quality, this is not always the case. The metallic component of a mechanical valve may not be highly ferromagnetic whereas the very small amount of metal used in the supporting stent of a bioprosthetic valve may cause significant image distortion (Figure 2 A, B).. ...
magnetic resonance imaging】什么意思 英语magnetic resonance imaging的翻译 音标 读音 用法 例句 在线翻译 有道词典
magnetic c resonance imaging 磁共振成象 diffusion magnetic resonance imaging 磁共振成像 ; 扩散磁共振成像 ; 弥散 magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging 磁共振波谱成像 ; 谱成像 ; 核磁共振波谱成像 ; 也成为磁共振波谱成像 cardiac magnetic resonance imaging 心脏磁共振成像 ; 心脏核磁共振 ; 以心脏核磁共振 magnetic resonance imaging unit 磁共振成象机 ; 释义磁共振成象机 cine magnetic resonance imaging 行磁共振电影成像 ; 磁共振电影成像 ; 共振电影成像 magnetic resonance water imaging 磁共振水成像 perfusion magnetic resonance imaging 磁共振灌注成像 fetal magnetic resonance imaging 胎儿磁共振成像 ...
Mitochondrial Cardiomyopathy Evaluated With Cardiac Magnetic Resonance | Circulation
A 68-year-old woman was admitted complaining of exertional dyspnea. Ten years earlier, a diagnosis of diabetes had been made and hearing loss had developed. Echocardiography and cine magnetic resonance imaging (Movie I, left) showed asymmetric septal hypertrophy with a mildly hypokinetic left ventricle (LV) (ejection fraction =48%); coronary angiography showed no significant stenosis in any major artery. Electron microscopic examination of a LV endomyocardial biopsy specimen revealed mitochondrial enlargement (Figure 1A, arrows) with concentrically arrayed cristae (Figure 1A, arrow head) and crystalline inclusions (Figure 1B, arrow). The patient was diagnosed with mitochondrial disease after a mitochondrial DNA mutation, an A to G transition at nucleotide position 3243 in the tRNALeu gene, was detected in her leukocytes. Treatment with ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10) for the primary disorder and with carvedilol and enalapril for the secondary heart failure was initiated. ...
Acute Heart Failure Syndromes and Coronary Perfusion | JACC: Journal of the American College of Cardiology
Coronary flow reserve (CFR) is one traditional method that has been used to assess coronary perfusion. It is calculated as the ratio of maximal blood velocity (during hyperemia) to resting blood velocity for a given coronary artery.. In chronic heart failure, resting coronary blood flow (measured using velocity-encoded cine magnetic resonance imaging) appears to be reduced in primary but not ischemic cardiomyopathy. Coronary flow reserve, however, is compromised irrespective of etiology (15,16). The technique of CFR is somewhat limited in that when abnormal, it is unclear whether the culprit lies in the epicardial arteries, arterioles, or capillaries (as CFR decreases with increased resistance at any level of the coronary circulation). Furthermore, CFR can be altered by changes in baseline or stress-induced flow, which are influenced by loading conditions, hemodynamics, and contractility (17). To overcome this limitation, Gould et al. (18) proposed the concept of relative CFR (rCFR), defined as ...
Resolution of ventricular thrombus identified by contrast enhanced cardiac MRI. - Radcliffe Department of Medicine
A 53 year old man was referred for a contrast enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) scan for assessment of anterior myocardial wall viability. An earlier coronary angiogram had shown a mid left anterior descending artery (LAD) occlusion, and echocardiography had shown mildly reduced global left ventricular function without any other abnormalities. Cine CMR images (steady state free precession sequence) showed a dilated left ventricle (LV) with reduced global systolic function [End-diastolic volume 224 mls (NR 77-195 mls); end-systolic volume 124 mis (NR 19-72 mls); ejection fraction 45%]. There was wall thinning and akinesis of the anteroapical wall and severe hypokinesis of the mid anteroseptal wall. Postgadolinium images (segmented inversion recovery turboFLASH sequence) revealed a prominent LV apical thrombus which measured 1.4 cm at greatest diameter (Figure 1). Using the late gadolinium technique there was extensive (mainly transmural) hyperenhancement (HE) involving the mid and apical
Effects of catecholamine stress on diastolic function and myocardial energetics in obesity. - Department of Physiology, Anatomy...
BACKGROUND: Obesity is characterized by impaired cardiac energetics, which may play a role in the development of diastolic dysfunction and inappropriate shortness of breath. We assessed whether, in obesity, derangement of energetics and diastolic function is further altered during acute cardiac stress. METHODS AND RESULTS: Normal-weight (body mass index, 22±2 kg/m(2); n=9-17) and obese (body mass index, 39±7 kg/m(2); n=17-46) subjects underwent assessment of diastolic left ventricular function (cine magnetic resonance imaging volume-time curve analysis) and cardiac energetics (phosphocreatine/ATP ratio; (31)P-magnetic resonance spectroscopy) at rest and during dobutamine stress (heart rate increase, 65±22% and 69±14%, respectively; P=0.61). At rest, obesity was associated with a 22% lower peak filling rate (P|0.001) and a 15% lower phosphocreatine/ATP ratio (1.73±0.40 versus 2.03±0.28; P=0.048). Peak filling rate correlated with fat mass, left ventricular mass, leptin, waist-to-hip ratio, and
Assessment of magnetization transfer effects in myocardial tissue using balanced steady-state free precession (bSSFP) cine MRI ...
Magnetization transfer imaging (MTI) by means of MRI exploits the mobility of water molecules in tissue and offers an alternative contrast mechanism beyond the more commonly used mechanisms based on relaxation times. A cardiac MTI method was implemented on a commercially available 1.5 T MR imager. It is based on the acquisition of two sets of cardiac-triggered cine balanced steady-state free precession (bSSFP) images with different levels of RF power deposition. Reduction of RF power was achieved by lengthening the RF excitation pulses of a cine bSSFP sequence from 0.24 ms to 1.7 ms, while keeping the flip angle constant. Normal volunteers and patients with acute myocardial infarcts were imaged in short and long axis views. Normal myocardium showed an MT ratio (MTR) of 33.0 +/- 3.3%. In acute myocardial infarct, MTR was reduced to 24.5 +/- 9.2% (P , 0.04), most likely caused by an increase in water content due to edema. The method thus allows detection of acute myocardial infarct without the ...
Latin American Multicenter Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Reference Study - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Evaluation of myocardial mass, volumes and function is essential in the management of cardiovascular diseases. While 2D and 3D echocardiography play a major role in determining these parameters cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) has become a widely accepted gold standard for these measurements due to its high accuracy and reproducibility.. However, determining normal reference standards for CMR is crucial for proper use of the method. Previous reports have established normal ranges for both fast low angle shot techniques6 and the more commonly used steady state free precession methods including values normalized not only to body surface area but to age and gender as well. Despite these general references, variability in normal ranges have been reported previously when ethnicity is taken into account. The ongoing Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA) trial has measured cardiovascular function in participants with different ethnical backgrounds, reporting differences in the ...
Validating a new methodology for strain estimation from cardiac cine MRI
This paper focuses on validating a novel framework for estimating the functional strain from cine cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMRI). The framework consists of three processing steps. First, the left ventricle (LV) wall borders are segmented using a level-set based deformable model. Second, the points on the wall borders are tracked during the cardiac cycle based on solving the Laplace equation between the LV edges. Finally, the circumferential and radial strains are estimated at the inner, mid-wall, and outer borders of the LV wall. The proposed framework is validated using synthetic phantoms of the material strains that account for the physiological features and the LV response during the cardiac cycle. Experimental results on simulated phantom images confirm the accuracy and robustness of our method ...
RePub, Erasmus University Repository: Improvement of late gadolinium enhancement image quality using a deep learning-based...
Objectives: The aim of this study was to assess the effect of a deep learning (DL)-based reconstruction algorithm on late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) image quality and to evaluate its influence on scar quantification. Methods: Sixty patients (46 ± 17 years, 50% male) with suspected or known cardiomyopathy underwent CMR. Short-axis LGE images were reconstructed using the conventional reconstruction and a DL network (DLRecon) with tunable noise reduction (NR) levels from 0 to 100%. Image quality of standard LGE images and DLRecon images with 75% NR was scored using a 5-point scale (poor to excellent). In 30 patients with LGE, scar size was quantified using thresholding techniques with different standard deviations (SD) above remote myocardium, and using full width at half maximum (FWHM) technique in images with varying NR levels. Results: DLRecon images were of higher quality than standard LGE images (subjective quality score 3.3 ± 0.5 vs. 3.6 ± 0.7, p , 0.001). Scar size increased with ...
Myocardial scarring by delayed enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in thalassaemia major.
BACKGROUND: Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) by delayed enhancement (DE) enables visualisation of myocardial scarring, but no dedicated studies are available in thalassaemia major. OBJECTIVE: To investigate the prevalence, extent, clinical and
214 RV free wall tagging for the assessment of RV myocardial function in congenital heart disease | Journal of Cardiovascular...
A four chamber steady state free precession cine image was acquired followed by a breath hold cine gradient echo-planar tagging sequence in the same plane, using a modification of the technique of Kozerke  to mark a line across the basal RV and LV myocardium with a labelling pre-pulse (figure 1). Movements of the labelled myocardium were then tracked automatically by multi-resolution image registration  and the end points cubic spline interpolated between time points so that the position of the RV free wall, and its displacement, could be derived at any required time-point in the cardiac cycle. ...
Effects of Off-Pump Versus On-Pump Coronary Surgery on Reversible and Irreversible Myocardial Injury | Circulation
Our results confirm the primary hypothesis that OPCABG surgery results in significantly better early postoperative LV function than ONCABG surgery. When imaged a median of 6 days after surgery, there was an absolute difference of 6% in the mean postoperative ejection fraction change between the 2 surgical groups. In contrast, we found no difference in the incidence or severity of new irreversibly injured myocardium between the 2 surgical groups, which averaged 3 g, or 2% of total LV mass. Therefore, OPCABG surgery improves LV function early after surgery but does not seem to reduce the extent of irreversible myocardial injury associated with CABG.. The 2 surgical groups were well matched in terms of preoperative (age, cardiopulmonary risk factors, and preoperative medication use) and perioperative (number of distal anastomoses, types of grafts) factors, and almost all (97%) had exclusive use of arterial conduits. This strongly suggests that results were caused by true differences in surgical ...
Video 270e-1 Cine steady-state free precession (SSFP) imaging (left) in short axis in a patient who had a large anterior...
Only one cut of a stack of short axis is shown. This method allows quantification of left ventricular (LV) and right ventricular (RV) volumes in diastole and systole and calculation of the LV ejection fraction, stroke volumes, and cardiac output (a product of LV stroke volume and heart rate). Note that in this case there is anterior and anteroseptal akinesia (lack of systolic wall thickening, as shown by the left cine movie, red arrows) matching by a near-transmural myocardial infarction as seen by the matching late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) image (right picture, white arrows).. ...
CiteSeerX - Search Results - Estimating 3D Strain from 4D Cine-MRI and Echocardiography: In-Vivo Validation
CiteSeerX - Scientific articles matching the query: Estimating 3D Strain from 4D Cine-MRI and Echocardiography: In-Vivo Validation
FMRI using balanced steady-state free precession (SSFP) - Wellcome Centre for Integrative Neuroimaging
Steady-state free precession (SSFP) is a highly-efficient MRI pulse sequence that has been a fairly recent arrival in the functional MRI realm. Several methods for using balanced SSFP to detect the BOLD signal have been proposed to date and will be discussed in this review. After a brief introduction to the general properties of SSFP, this review describes the quite different approaches of transition-band and pass-band SSFP in terms of functional contrast mechanism. It then discusses the potential advantages of these techniques, followed by their challenges and shortcomings. Finally, it gives an overview of some applications considered to date and the authors perspective on where these techniques are headed. In the spirit of this special issue, the author also includes some of the personal history underlying her own explorations in this area. © 2011 Elsevier Inc.
Improving 3D Cine Phase Contrast MRI Aortic Hemodynamics In Vivo Measurements by Means of an Anisotropic Diffusion Filter |...
3D CINE Phase Contrast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (PCMRI) is considered the technique of election to study in vivo the time varying, complex blood flow structures evolving into arteries . PCMRI allows to obtain a quantitative depiction of the spatial distribution of blood velocities from the acquired phase data and the anatomical image of the district of interest from magnitude data. A major limitation in the application of 3D CINE PCMRI to the clinical practice is the long scan time needed to obtain phase datasets (i.e., blood flow velocities) of sufficient quality for hemodynamic visualizations of time evolving fluid structures or for volumetric flow rates retrospective quantification and analysis. Recently, huge efforts have been done to speed up in vivo acquisitions by implementing/optimizing parallel imaging acquisition schemes as the Sensitivity Encoding (SENSE) . However, the increased reduction factors employed in SENSE scheme to speed up the acquisition lead to acquired PCMRI ...
Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Page 3
Source: Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance - August 16, 2018 Category: Radiology Authors: R. J. Kim, O. P. Simonetti, M. Westwood, C. M. Kramer, A. Narang, M. G. Friedrich, A. J. Powell, J. C. Carr, J. Schulz-Menger, E. Nagel, W. S. Chan, J. Bremerich, K. G. Ordovas, R. C. Rollings, A. R. Patel and V. A. Ferrari Tags: Guidelines Source Type: research. Extracellular volume fraction measurements derived from the longitudinal relaxation of blood-based synthetic hematocrit may lead to clinical errors in 3 T cardiovascular magnetic resonance ...
Myocardial T1 mapping and extracellular volume quantification: a Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) and CMR...
Rapid innovations in cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) now permit the routine acquisition of quantitative measures of myocardial and blood T1 which are key tissue characteristics. These capabilities introduce a new frontier in cardiology, enabling the practitioner/investigator to quantify biologically important myocardial properties that otherwise can be difficult to ascertain clinically. CMR may be able to track biologically important changes in the myocardium by: a) native T1 that reflects myocardial disease involving the myocyte and interstitium without use of gadolinium based contrast agents (GBCA), or b) the extracellular volume fraction (ECV)-a direct GBCA-based measurement of the size of the extracellular space, reflecting interstitial disease. The latter technique attempts to dichotomize the myocardium into its cellular and interstitial components with estimates expressed as volume fractions. This document provides recommendations for clinical and research T1 and ECV measurement, based on
Normal cranial nerves | Radiology Case | Radiopaedia.org
Cranial nerves are very thin and hard to distinguish on conventional MR images. Hence the development of steady state free precession SSFP which with thin section acquisition provides high contrast resolution between CSF and other structures.
CMR 2018 showcases advances in cardiovascular magnetic resonance improving patient care | EurekAlert! Science News
CMR 2018 will showcase the latest advances in cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) and how they are improving patient care and outcomes.
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Coronary Arteries | Springer for Research & Development
Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging is a safe, noninvasive, and radiation-free modality that provides clinically important information about patients with coronary artery disease (CAD),...
Stress CMR - Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
Greenwood JP, Maredia N, Younger JF, Brown JM, Nixon J, Everett CC, Bijsterveld P, Ridgway JP, Radjenovic A, Dickinson CJ, Ball SG, Plein S. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance and single-photon emission computed tomography for diagnosis of coronary heart disease (CE-MARC): a prospective trial. Lancet. 2012;379:453-460. ...
Cardiovascular magnetic resonance profiling of coronary atherosclerosis: vessel wall remodelling and related myocardial blood...
Jahnke, C; Manka, R; Kozerke, S; Schnackenburg, B; Gebker, R; Marx, N; Paetsch, I (2014). Cardiovascular magnetic resonance profiling of coronary atherosclerosis: vessel wall remodelling and related myocardial blood flow alterations. European Heart Journal Cardiovascular Imaging, 15(12):1400-1410. ...
UAB - School of Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease - Section of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
The Section of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is dedicated to providing cutting-edge patient care through state-of-the-art clinical diagnostic imaging, the training of cardiologists, and innovative (and interdisciplinary) research ...
Quantifying flow from phase-contrast MRI (PC-MRI) data requires the vessels of - Discovery of Small-Molecule Inhibitors of...
Quantifying flow from phase-contrast MRI (PC-MRI) data requires the vessels of interest be segmented. the effect of segmentation accuracy and provide some criteria that if met would keep errors in circulation quantification below 10% or 5%. Four different segmentation methods were used on simulated and phantom MRA data to verify the theoretical results. Numerical simulations showed that including partial volumed edge pixels in vessel segmentation provides less error than Rabbit polyclonal to AHRR. missing them. This was verified with MRA simulations as the best performing segmentation method generally included such pixels. Further it was found that to obtain a circulation error of less than 10% (5%) the vessel should be at least 4 (5) pixels in diameter have an SNR of at least 10:1 and a maximum velocity to saturation cut-off velocity ratio of at least 5:3. Intro Quantifying blood flow is becoming an increasingly important means by which to study vascular disease with applications not only in ...
ISMRM 2019) Balanced SSFP Highly Accelerated Cine Watermark Quantifies 2D Myocardial Strain with comparison to 2D Spiral Cine...
accelerated acceleration acquisitions added affect allowing although analyses appear applied apply artifacts auburn axis balanced bandwidth bending bottom breath calculating calculation capability cardiac cine circumferential classic clear common complex consistent context continuously cost curves customized cycle dense developed diagnostic discrete displacement drawn efficiency efficient effort either enables encode encoding every extra fading fast filtered filtering five flash frames free full function gradients graphs heartbeat hidden highly hold holds human illustrates improved include includes incorporate intensive interleaves just limited long magnetization magnitude matrix model modulated modulation must myocardial need next noisy note onto operator patterns peak performance pixel plus previously process program programs pulse quantification quantifies quantitative ramped readout rectangular remains representative requiring restore returns runs saturation sector sectors segment ...
Stress Cardiac MRI
Learn about a Stress Cardiac MRI, including how to get ready for the test, what is done during the test and how long it will take.
Westcott Scrim Jim Cine 1/3-Stop Hard Diffusion Panel 7446 B&H
Buy Westcott Scrim Jim Cine 1/3-Stop Hard Diffusion Panel (1 x 2) featuring For Flex LED Mat in Scrim Jim Cine Frame, Softens and Diffuses Light Output, Minimizes Cross-Shadowing Effect, Riveted Touch Fastener Edges. Review Westcott Scrim Jim Cine
Cardiac Function Evaluation with Cine MRI of the Heart - Current Protocols
This unit describes how to determine hemodynamic parameters of cardiac function such as ejection fraction (EF), end diastolic volume (EDV), end systolic volume (ESV), stroke volume (SV), and cardiac mass, based on experience using a Siemens 1
MOLLI and AIR T1 mapping pulse sequences yield different myocardial T1 and ECV measurements.
Both post-contrast myocardial T1 and extracellular volume (ECV) have been reported to be associated with diffuse interstitial fibrosis. Recently, the cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) field is recognizing that post-contrast myocardial T1 is sen
The role of inflammation in secondary cardiac dysfunction following trauma | springermedizin.de
Recent evidence supports the existence of a trauma induced secondary cardiac injury (TISCI) that is associated with poor clinical outcome [ 1 ].
Irix Full Frame Cine 45mm T1.5 Lens Announced | ePHOTOzine
Irix have announced a new Cine lens, the 45mm T1.5, which will be the third full-frame cine lens suitable for shooting with 8K Ultra HD cameras.
estrenosdecine.eu - Estrenos de cine - Películas de estreno
estrenosdecine.eu: Estrenos de cine. Toda la información de las películas y los próximos estrenos de cine del 2015. Avance de los trailers de los últimos estrenos.
Cine - Mall Plaza - Cadena de Centros Comerciales. Tiendas, Entretención, Cine
Ven a Mall Plaza, Encuentra lo más variado en productos y servicios, los mejores panoramas de entretención y cultura con salas de cine ademas de las Terrazas y Autoplaza.¡Hay vida en tu plaza!
A Software Tool for Heart AVJ Motion Tracking Using Cine Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) Images - EMBS
One important index to assess left ventricular diastolic function is the quantitative measurement of atrioventricular junction (AVJ) motion in one cardiac cycle including systole and diastole. The best way to perform the measurement is to use a software tool that can conduct AVJ motion tracking from cine cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) images. In this paper, a software tool for this purpose is presented by using the insight segmentation and registration toolkit (ITK), the visualization toolkit (VTK), and Qt. We propose a surface area-based tracking approach in the software tool. In the tracking approach to obtain the surface area swept by six points being tracked, we manually select six points from four-, three- and two-chamber views of CMR images. After that, we reconstruct the 3-D coordinates of the six points from image acquisition parameters extracted from DICOM files. We perform interpolation by using parametric cubic curve fitting techniques. From the curve fitting results, we ...
Spirometer-controlled cine magnetic resonance imaging used to diagnose tracheobronchomalacia in paediatric patients | European...
The first post-processing step for the lung and central airway images was performed on the scanner console and consisted of equalising the inhomogeneity/signal attenuation of the receiver array coil by using a surface coil correction intensity algorithm and adaptive filtering to enhance the signal-to-noise ratio. Image quality criteria were defined for both static and dynamic scans. Static scans were repeated if blurring of structures and ghosting were observed. Dynamic scans were repeated when excessive blurring and ghosting of the chest wall was observed. The latter was indicative of a lack of temporal resolution or due to a suboptimal breath-hold, as shown on the spirometer screen.. The image data were then transferred to an Advantage windows workstation, or onto the Advantage Windows Server (General Electric Healthcare) to perform cine multi-planar reformats (MPR) from the 3D cine-MRI data collected. The MRIs were jointly evaluated by two radiologists (P. Ciet and M.H. Lequin) and a standard ...
Role of late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the risk stratification of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
To the Editor,. We read with great interest the article by Ismail et al1 looking at the role of late gadolinium enhancement cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) in the risk stratification of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). We would like to congratulate the authors for delineating the interesting findings that the amount of myocardial fibrosis was a strong univariable predictor of sudden cardiac death … ...
Evaluation of myocardial volume heterogeneity during end-diastole and end-systole using cine MRI<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Evaluation of myocardial volume heterogeneity during end-diastole and end-systole using cine MRI. AU - Swingen, Cory. AU - Wang, Xiaoen. AU - Jerosch-Herold, Michael. PY - 2004. Y1 - 2004. N2 - The aim of this study was to examine the difference in the myocardial volume between end-diastole and end-systole in 24 human volunteers, using steady-state free precession gradient-echo cine imaging of both long- and short-axis views of the left ventricle and a newly developed three-dimensional (3D) analysis method. In addition, we examined retrospectively the cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies from 20 of the subjects that included a stack of short-axis views, from base to apex, suitable for a standard two-dimensional (2D) analysis. With the 3D analysis method, no significant variance in the myocardial volume was found (mean difference=0.1%±9.1%, p=0.88) between end-diastole (ED) and end-systole (ES), while the 2D technique yielded significantly larger values for the LV ...
Determination of cardiac volumes and mass with FLASH and SSFP cine sequences at 1.5 vs. 3 Tesla: a validation study. - Oxford...
PURPOSE: To compare cardiac cine MR imaging using steady state free precession (SSFP) and fast low angle shot (FLASH) techniques at 1.5 and 3 T, and to establish their variabilities and reproducibilities for cardiac volume and mass determination in volunteers. To assess the feasibility of SSFP imaging in patients at 3 T and to determine comparability to volume data acquired at 1.5 T. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Ten healthy volunteers underwent cardiac magnetic resonance imaging using SSFP and segmented gradient-echo FLASH, using both a 1.5 and a 3 T MR system on the same day. Ten patients with impaired left ventricular (LV) function were also studied at both field strengths with SSFP. RESULTS: For both SSFP and FLASH, field strength had no effect on the quantification of LV and right ventricular (RV) volumes, mass, or function (P | or = 0.05 for field strength for all parameters). At both 1.5 and 3 T, SSFP yielded smaller LV mass (e.g., at 3 T 109 +/- 30 g vs. 142 +/- 37 g; P = 0.011) and larger LV volume (e
Focal myocardial fibrosis assessed by late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in children and adolescents...
Latus, Heiner; Gummel, Kerstin; Klingel, Karin; Moysich, Axel; Khalil, Markus; Mazhari, Nona; Bauer, Juergen; Kandolf, Reinhard; Schranz, Dietmar; Apitz, Christian ...
Determinants of left ventricular mass in obesity; a cardiovascular magnetic resonance study. - Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics
BACKGROUND: Obesity is linked to increased left ventricular mass, an independent predictor of mortality. As a result of this, understanding the determinants of left ventricular mass in the setting of obesity has both therapeutic and prognostic implications. Using cardiovascular magnetic resonance our goal was to elucidate the main predictors of left ventricular mass in severely obese subjects free of additional cardiovascular risk factors. METHODS: 38 obese (BMI 37.8 +/- 6.9 kg/m2) and 16 normal weight controls subjects, (BMI 21.7 +/- 1.8 kg/m2), all without cardiovascular risk factors, underwent cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging to assess left ventricular mass, left ventricular volumes and visceral fat mass. Left ventricular mass was then compared to serum and anthropometric markers of obesity linked to left ventricular mass, i.e. height, age, blood pressure, total fat mass, visceral fat mass, lean mass, serum leptin and fasting insulin level. RESULTS: As expected, obesity was associated with
Intrinsic Contrast for Characterization of Acute Radiofrequency Ablation LesionsCLINICAL PERSPECTIVE | Circulation: Arrhythmia...
Methods and Results-Fifteen lesions were created in the endocardium of 13 pigs. A multicontrast inversion recovery steady state free precession imaging method was used to delineate the acute ablation lesions, exploiting T1-weighted contrast. T2 and Mo* maps were also created from fast spin echo data in a subset of pigs (n=5) to help characterize the change in intrinsic contrast in the lesions. Gross pathology was used as reference for the lesion size comparison, and the lesion structures were confirmed with histological data. In addition, a colorimetric iron assay was used to measure ferric and ferrous iron content in the lesions and the healthy myocardium in a subset of pigs (n=2). The lesion sizes measured in inversion recovery steady state free precession images were highly correlated with the extent of lesion core identified in gross pathology. Magnetic resonance relaxometry showed that the radiofrequency ablation procedure changes the intrinsic T1 value in the lesion core and the intrinsic ...
Unrecognized myocardial infarctions assessed by cardiovascular magnetic resonance are associated with the severity of the...
BACKGROUND: A previous study has shown an increased prevalence of late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance (LGE CMR) detected unrecognized myocardial infarction (UMI) with increasing extent and severity of coronary artery disease. However, the coronary artery disease was evaluated on a patient level assuming normal coronary anatomy. Therefore, the aims of the present study were to investigate the prevalence of UMI identified by LGE CMR imaging in patients with stable angina pectoris and no known previous myocardial infarction; and to investigate whether presence of UMI is associated with stenotic lesions in the coronary artery supplying the segment of the myocardium in which the UMI is located, using coronary angiography to determine the individual coronary anatomy in each patient.. METHODS: In this prospective multicenter study, we included patients with stable angina pectoris and without prior myocardial infarction, scheduled for coronary angiography. A LGE CMR examination ...
Working Group - Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease - Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
A survey to collect information on the practice of cardiovascular magnetic resonance in patients with pediatric or congenital heart disease by center/program is now complete! It shows the scope of our work and the heterogeneity of practice throughout the world. It will no doubt help us in service standard setting within our individual centers and extended networks. A document entitled Guidelines and Protocols for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance in Children and Adults with Congenital Heart Disease is now completed. It is available at: Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance 2013, 15:51 doi:10.1186/1532-429X-15-51. A document entitled Guidelines and Protocols for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance in acquired Pediatric Heart Disease is in preparation. The working group is writing a document on a how-to of pediatric non-congenital heart disease by CMR. It is a companion piece to the article above. It will cover protocols for diseases such as cardiomyopathies, connective tissue ...
Cine-magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Detecting Intra Abdominal Adhesions - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Official title:. Sensitivity and predictive value of functional cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) detecting intra-abdominal adhesions. Background:. Adhesions are a frequent problem in abdominal surgery. The formation of adhesions is part of a normal wound healing. However in some patients adhesions cause severe complications such as chronic pain, obstruction and strangulation of the bowel. Adhesions can also obstruct access to the peritoneal cavity and complicate reoperations. Accurate imaging of adhesions would be of benefit avoiding adhesion related complications at repeated laparotomy or laparoscopy. At present no validated diagnostic tool mapping adhesions exists.. Purpose:. To define the sensitivity and specificity of functional cineMRI in detecting and mapping adhesions in patients undergoing reoperation.. Design:. Prospective multicenter observational trial. Primary outcome:. Sensitivity and specificity of functional MRI detecting adhesions to the abdominal wall. Secondary ...
HIV-1-Related Cardiovascular Disease Is Associated With Chronic Inflammation, Frequent Pericardial Effusions, and Probable...
BACKGROUND: Patients with treated HIV infection have clear survival benefits although with increased cardiac morbidity and mortality. Mechanisms of heart disease may be partly related to untreated chronic inflammation. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging allows a comprehensive assessment of myocardial structure, function, and tissue characterization. We investigated, using cardiovascular magnetic resonance, subclinical inflammation and myocardial disease in asymptomatic HIV-infected individuals. METHODS AND RESULTS: Myocardial structure and function were assessed using cardiovascular magnetic resonance at 1.5-T in treated HIV-infected individuals without known cardiovascular disease (n=103; mean age, 45±10 years) compared with healthy controls (n=92; mean age, 44±10 years). Assessments included left ventricular volumes, ejection fraction, strain, regional systolic, diastolic function, native T1 mapping, edema, and gadolinium enhancement. Compared with controls, subjects with HIV infection had 6%
Tue - Quantitative Image Quality Comparison of 2D versus 3D Wideband Late Gadolinium Enhancement (LGE) Sequences in Cardiac MR...
Tue - Quantitative Image Quality Comparison of 2D versus 3D Wideband Late Gadolinium Enhancement (LGE) Sequences in Cardiac MR of Patients with Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) - b...
The current and emerging role of cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the diagnosis of nonischemic cardiomyopathies. - Oxford...
Imaging plays a crucial role in the diagnosis, management, and prognosis assessment of patients with nonischemic cardiomyopathies. Over the past decade, the role of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging in clinical practice has been rapidly expanding. The techniques unsurpassed accuracy in defining cardiac morphology and function and ability to provide tissue characterization make it particularly well suited for the study of patients with nonischemic cardiomyopathies. In this review article, we provide an overview of the main cardiovascular magnetic resonance features of nonischemic cardiomyopathies, highlighting the diagnostic and prognostic utility of the technique in this heterogenous group of diseases.
Long-term prognosis of unrecognized myocardial infarction detected with cardiovascular magnetic resonance in an elderly...
BACKGROUND: Individuals with unrecognized myocardial infarctions (UMIs) detected with cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) constitute a recently defined group whose prognosis has not been fully evaluated. However, increasing evidence indicate that these individuals may be at considerable cardiovascular risk. The aim of the present study was to investigate the prognostic impact of CMR detected UMIs for major adverse cardiac events (MACE) in community living elderly individuals.. METHODS: Late gadolinium enhancement CMR was performed in 248 randomly chosen 70-year-olds. Individuals with myocardial infarction (MI) scars, with or without a hospital diagnosis of MI were classified as recognized MI (RMI) or UMI, respectively. Medical records and death certificates were scrutinized. MACE was defined as cardiac death, non-fatal MI, a new diagnosis of angina pectoris, or symptom-driven coronary artery revascularization.. RESULTS: During follow-up (mean 11 years) MACE occurred in 10 % (n = 18/182) of ...
Myocardium segmentation in Strain-Encoded (SENC) magnetic resonance images using graph-cuts</span><...
Evaluation of cardiac functions using Strain Encoded (SENC) magnetic resonance (MR) imaging is a powerful tool for imaging the deformation of left and right ventricles. However, automated analysis of SENC images is hindered due to the low signal-to-noise ratio SENC images. In this work, the authors propose a method to segment the left and right ventricles myocardium simultaneously in SENC-MR short-axis images. In addition, myocardium seed points are automatically selected using skeletonisation algorithm and used as hard constraints for the graph-cut optimization algorithm. The method is based on a modified formulation of the graph-cuts energy term. In the new formulation, a signal probabilistic model is used, rather than the image histogram, to capture the characteristics of the blood and tissue signals and include it in the cost function of the graph-cuts algorithm. The method is applied to SENC datasets for 11 human subjects (five normal and six patients with known myocardial wall motion ...
Quantitative analysis of cardiac left ventricular variables obtained by MRI at 3 T: a pre- and post-contrast comparison<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Quantitative analysis of cardiac left ventricular variables obtained by MRI at 3 T. T2 - a pre- and post-contrast comparison. AU - Matthew, S.. AU - Gandy, S. J.. AU - Nicholas, R. S.. AU - Waugh, S. A.. AU - Crowe, E. A.. AU - Lerski, R. A.. AU - Dunn, M. H.. AU - Houston, J. G.. PY - 2012. Y1 - 2012. N2 - Short-axis cine images are acquired during cardiac MRI in order to determine variables of cardiac left ventricular (LV) function such as ejection fraction (EF), end-diastolic volume (EDV), end-systolic volume (ESV), stroke volume (SV) and LV mass. In cardiac perfusion assessments this imaging can be performed in the temporal window between first pass perfusion and the acquisition of delayed enhancement images in order to minimise overall scanning time. The objective of this study was to compare pre- and post-contrast short-axis LV variables of 15 healthy volunteers using a two-dimensional cardiac-gated segmented cine true fast imaging with steady state precession sequence and ...
Cardiac Sarcoidosis | JACC: Journal of the American College of Cardiology
A 55-year-old African American woman was admitted to our institution after a syncopal episode while at rest. Echocardiography showed anterior and anteroseptal mid-basal wall hypertrophy with an associated wall motion abnormality. The results of dipyridamole myocardial perfusion imaging were negative. Computed tomography of the chest revealed a slightly enlarged anterior mediastinal lymph node. Cardiac magnetic resonance showed normal biventricular systolic function and increased thickness of the left ventricular mid-basal anterior and anteroseptal walls (A and Online Video 1, cine steady-state free precession short-axis view). Delayed-enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance revealed transmural hyperenhancement of the mid-basal anterior, anteroseptal, and right ventricular free walls suggestive of cardiac sarcoidosis (B, short axis view; C, 2-chamber view). Excisional biopsy of the anterior mediastinal lymph node confirmed the diagnosis (D, Fibrosis is evident in the left upper quadrant; ...
UMI.CMS - Re: Akai AP-A206C
Flow quantification using intemperate cine phase-contrast MR imaging, regular cine phase-contrast MR imaging, and Doppler sonography, in vitro and in vivo validation IL-10 is a well-described anti-inflammatory cytokine that has been shown to pre- vent and wrong side pathological suffering, whereas IL-6 is a cytokine that has been shown to have on the agenda c trick both nociceptive and anti-nociceptive effects The phagocytosis of extracellular aggregated -synuclein bequeath supplementary acti- vate microglia and move dopaminergic degeneration (Zhang et al., 2005) Other mechanisms by which the BBB could guide knowledge cytokines The BBB has other mechanisms that would touch cytokine levels in the percipience [url=https://www.sokochan.com/wp-content/documentation/course-30/orlistat/]order 120 mg orlistat with amex[/url]. Underlying mechanisms of diversion were evaluated away inhibitory and stimulatory agents Pathologi- cal fractures crop up where underlying disease, such as os- teoporosis or ...
Supplementary material : Correlations between echocardiography and cardiovascular magnetic resonance in a patient with...
Archives of cardiovascular diseases - Vol. 104 - N° 3 - p. 204-205 - Supplementary material : Correlations between echocardiography and cardiovascular magnetic resonance in a patient with midventricular stress cardiomyopathy - EM|consulte
LSHTM Research Online
Flett, AS; Sado, DM; Quarta, G; Mirabel, M; Pellerin, D; Herrey, AS; Hausenloy, DJ; Ariti, C; Yap, J; Kolvekar, S; +2 more... Taylor, AM; Moon, JC; (2012) Diffuse myocardial fibrosis in severe aortic stenosis: an equilibrium contrast cardiovascular magnetic resonance study. European heart journal cardiovascular Imaging, 13 (10). pp. 819-826. ISSN 2047-2404 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ehjci/jes102 Full text not available from this repository ...
Cardiovascular magnetic resonance training in the UK: an update from the BSCMR trainee observers | The British Journal of...
|!--more--| |h2|Introduction|/h2| Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging is a rapidly developing subspecialty with a clear training structu ...
Review of Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance 2009. - ORA - Oxford University Research Archive
There were 56 articles published in the Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance in 2009. The editors were impressed with the high quality of the submissions, of which our acceptance rate was about 40%. In accordance with open-access publishing, the articles go on-line as they are accepted with
Ratio of End-systolic Volume to left Atrial area is a Solid Benchmark of Systolic Dysfunction in Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathies ...
Background: Impairment of systolic function and late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) are well-known negative prognostic markers in non-ischemic cardiomyopathies (NICMPs). There is limited knowledge of the geometrical rearrangements of the ventricle volumes over size of the left atrium and their connections with systolic dysfunction and existence of LGE. Material/Methods: Consecutive cases of NICMPs with impaired systolic function and controls were included from a computerized database of cardiac magnetic resonance exams for a 2.5-year period. Ratios made from volumetric parameters over left atrial area (LAA) area were calculated. Results: Our study included 205 cases referred to cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR); age was 48.7±17.0 years (range 15.2-80.4), male-to-female ratio 137 (66.8%): 68 (33.2%), (both p,0.05). LGE was significantly correlated with impairment of systolic function (Rho CC=0.395; p,0.001). For detection of systolic impairment, a critical value of end-systolic-volume (ESV)/LAA of ...
LSHTM Research Online
Moon, JCC; de Arenaza, DP; Elkington, AG; Taneja, AK; John, AS; Wang, DL; Janardhanan, R; Senior, R; Lahiri, A; Poole-Wilson, PA; +1 more... Pennell, DJ; (2004) The pathologic basis of Q-wave and non-Q-wave myocardial infarction - A cardiovascular magnetic resonance study. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 44 (3). p. 554. ISSN 0735-1097 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2004.03.076 Full text not available from this repository ...
cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) | medicine | Britannica.com
cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMR): CMR three-dimensional diagnostic imaging technique used to visualize the heart and its blood vessels without the need for X-rays or other forms of radiation. Cardiac MRI employs...
Cardiac MRI Imaging Breakthrough: The First AI-assisted Cardiac MRI Scan Solution, HeartVista Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for...
Cardiac MRI Imaging Breakthrough: The First AI-assisted Cardiac MRI Scan Solution, HeartVista Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for One Click™ Cardiac MRI Package Reporter: Aviva Lev-Ari, PhD, RN HeartVista Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for One Click™ Cardiac MRI Package, the First AI-assisted Cardiac MRI Scan Solution The future of imaging is here-and FDA cleared. LOS…
CMR Evaluation of HF to Grow Substantially in Coming Years | Imaging Technology News
October 2, 2009 - Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) in the evaluation of patients with heart failure (HF) will expand substantially in the coming years, according to the authors of a study published in October 2009 issue of the Journal of American College of Cardiology.. In the study, The Role of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Heart Failure, the authors emphasize the efficacy of CMR in assessing myocardial anatomy, regional and global function, and viability, and assessment of perfusion and acute tissue injury, and notes that CMR often reveals the underlying etiology of heart failure, and its high measurement accuracy makes it an ideal technique for monitoring disease progression and the effects of treatment. They add that increasing evidence that the prognostic value of CMR-derived parameters in heart failure is rapidly emerging. We predict that most patients with HF will eventually undergo CMR imaging as part of the diagnostic workup and to guide management and ...
The Whole Heart | Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences
The heart, great vessels and passing blood function as a dynamically interconnected whole. As a counterpart to more analytical approaches, this presentation includes images chosen to encourage an integrated and contextualized view of the heart. It begins with photographs of the Earth, where it has been deduced from fossil evidence that our vertebrate ancestors have been evolving for some 500 million years. It includes magnetic resonance cine images, photographs of endovascular casts, and illustrations of human, vertebrate and invertebrate hearts, and concludes with a simulation of flow through a healthy heart during exercise, prepared in collaboration with Michael Markl and colleagues in Freiburg. The images used for this were from a resting, 3-dimensional, time-resolved, 3-component magnetic resonance flow velocity acquisition in a healthy volunteer. To simulate a moderate (walking) state of exercise, the second half of diastole was removed and the remaining frames played back at 100 ...
128 Diagnostic Performance of the Components from the Multi-parametric Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging Protocol: A...
Results Both CMR and X-ray angiography were available in 676 patients. The diagnostic accuracy of the combined CMR protocol, individual components and paired and triplet combinations compared to the full multi-parametric protocol are presented in Table 1 and Figure 1.. The maximum sensitivity for the detection of significant CAD was achieved when all four components were used. No individual component, paired or triplet outperformed the multi-parametric protocol in terms of sensitivity.. However in terms specificity, the individual components of perfusion, ventricular function and LGE all performed significantly better than the multi-parametric protocol (P , 0.0001). In addition, combining LGE with perfusion or with perfusion and ventricular function significantly improved the specificity compared to the full protocol (P , 0.0001). In terms of NPV the multi-parametric protocol performed better than all individual components, paired or triplet combination.. ...
Delayed Hyper-Enhancement Magnetic Resonance Imaging Provides Incremental Diagnostic and Prognostic Utility in Suspected...
We examined the potential of DHE-CMR for providing both diagnostic and prognostic information in patients with suspected CA. Presence of DHE on CMR was more accurate in predicting presence of EMB-positive CA as compared with ECG and TTE variables. Additionally, characteristic DHE on CMR in patients with suspected CA better predicted 1-year mortality as compared with ECG and TTE parameters. Because all but 1 patient (who underwent cardiac transplantation) had standard medical therapy, difference in treatment did not affect prognosis.. Although the presence of a characteristic DHE pattern on CMR is highly accurate in the diagnosis of CA, there are some potential pitfalls, as follows: patchy subendocardial DHE early in the disease process can lead to a “false negative” DHE-CMR interpretation, or EMB may miss a patchy area (due to sampling error), resulting in the DHE-CMR interpretation being deemed “false positive.” Additional problems can arise when there are other ...
In cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, tagging techniques make it possible to capture and store the motion information of ... Osman, N.F.; Kerwin, W.S.; McVeigh, E.R.; Prince, J.L. (1999). "Cardiac Motion Tracking Using CINE Harmonic Phase (HARP) ... a medical image analysis technique capable of extracting and processing motion information from tagged magnetic resonance image ... Magnetic Resonance Imaging". Magn Reson Med. 42 (6): 1048-1060. doi:10.1002/(sici)1522-2594(199912)42:6. 3.3.co;2-d. PMC ...
Optoacoustics' fiber optical microphones are also used in functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) environments to enable ... "Recording High Quality Speech During Tagged Cine-MRI Studies Using a Fiber Optic Microphone". Journal of Magnetic Resonance ... began installing the first fully optical fiber-based communication systems for interventional magnetic resonance imaging (iMRI ... In particular, Optoacoustics products do not react to or influence any electrical, magnetic, electrostatic or radioactive ...
... and gender differences by cine magnetic resonance imaging". Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance. 1 (1): 7-21. ISSN ... She makes use of functional magnetic resonance imaging to understand neural activation and function. Her research looks to ... Morgan's master's research involved the optimization of processing techniques for phase contrast in Magnetic Resonance Imaging ... "Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science". vuiis.vumc.org. Retrieved 2021-03-04. "Victoria Morgan, Ph.D. - Vanderbilt ...
... of arachnoid adhesions in a patient with idiopathic syringomyelia using high-resolution cine magnetic resonance imaging at 3T ... Physicians now use magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to diagnose syringomyelia. The MRI radiographer takes images of body ... Tanghe, H. L. (1995). "Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in syringomyelia". Acta Neurochirurgica. 134 (1-2): 93-99. doi:10.1007/ ... Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 32 (1): 218-222. doi:10.1002/jmri.22207. ISSN 1522-2586. "Chiari malformation". nhs.uk. ...
List of MeSH codes (E01)
... magnetic resonance angiography MeSH E01.370.350.500.510 - magnetic resonance imaging, cine MeSH E01.370.350.515 - microscopy ... magnetic resonance angiography MeSH E01.370.350.825.500.510 - magnetic resonance imaging, cine MeSH E01.370.350.825.800 - ... magnetic resonance MeSH E01.370.350.500.150 - diffusion magnetic resonance imaging MeSH E01.370.350.500.200 - echo-planar ... magnetic resonance MeSH E01.370.350.825.500.150 - diffusion magnetic resonance imaging MeSH E01.370.350.825.500.200 - echo- ...
Austin Flint murmur
Echocardiography, conventional and colour flow Doppler ultrasound, and cine nuclear magnetic resonance (cine NMR) imaging ...
Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
Heart function using cine imaging. Images of the heart may be acquired in real-time with CMR, but the image quality is ... Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMR), sometimes known as cardiac MRI, is a medical imaging technology for the non- ... "4D flow cardiovascular magnetic resonance consensus Statement, Dyverfeldt et. al". Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance ... Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. An example of CMR movies in different orientations of a cardiac tumor - in this case, an ...
Magnetic resonance enterography
... is a magnetic resonance imaging technique used to evaluate bowel wall features of both upper ... Cine loop technique using SSFP sequences The most common indication of MR enterography is diagnosis and follow up of ... MR Imaging of the Small Bowel. RadioGraphics 2009; 29:1811-1825 Ilangovan R, Burling D, George A, Gupta A, Marshall M, and ... The need for imaging assessment of small bowel diseases comes from the limits of traditional endoscopy in evaluating ileum ...
VC is performed via computed tomography (CT), sometimes called a CAT scan, or with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). A ... After the examination, the images produced by the scanner must be processed into a 3D image, +/- a fly through (a cine program ... "Magnetic resonance colonography for the detection of colorectal neoplasia in asymptomatic adults". Gastroenterology. 144: 743- ... "Cancer Imaging. International Cancer Imaging Society. 5 (Spec No A): S133-S139. doi:10.1102/1470-7330.2005.0108. PMC 1665314. ...
... and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The most promising since the early 1990s has been EBT, detecting calcification within the ... On cine-floro, cardiologists and radiologists typically look for these calcification shadows to recognize arteries before they ... "Three-Dimensional Black-Blood Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Coronary Vessel Wall Imaging Detects Positive Arterial Remodeling in ... However, angiography is only motion or still images of dye mixed with the blood within the arterial lumen and never show ...
Magnetic resonance angiography
The resulting images resemble conventional catheter angiography images. If several such projections are combined into a cine ... Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) is a group of techniques based on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to image blood vessels ... Magnetic resonance angiography is used to generate images of arteries (and less commonly veins) in order to evaluate them for ... "Magnetic resonance angiography: current status and future directions". Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance. 13 (1): 19 ...
... magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and radiation therapy. DICOM includes protocols for image exchange (e.g., via portable media ... However, the attribute may contain multiple "frames", allowing storage of cine loops or other multi-frame data. Another example ... difficult for anyone other than manufacturers of computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging devices to decode the images ... The standard also provides services related to imaging such as managing imaging procedure worklists, printing images on film or ...
... magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and radiation therapy. DICOM includes protocols for image exchange (e.g., via portable media ... However, the attribute may contain multiple "frames", allowing storage of cine loops or other multi-frame data. Another example ... difficult for anyone other than manufacturers of computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging devices to decode the images ... Image displayEdit. To promote identical grayscale image display on different monitors and consistent hard-copy images from ...
... to work on the application of mathematical principles to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) at Guy's Hospital. He rapidly made an ... Odille F, Uribe S, Batchelor PG, Prieto C, Schaeffter T, Atkinson D.Model-based reconstruction for cardiac cine MRI without ECG ... to three-dimensional registration algorithm for aligning preoperative CT images and intraoperative fluoroscopy images. Med Phys ... Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv. 2010;13(Pt 1):418-25. PMID 20879258. Usman M, Prieto C, Odille F, Atkinson D, Schaeffter ...
Cine-magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Detecting Intra Abdominal Adhesions - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Cine-magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Detecting Intra Abdominal Adhesions. The safety and scientific validity of this study is ... Mussack T, Fischer T, Ladurner R, Gangkofer A, Bensler S, Hallfeldt KK, Reiser M, Lienemann A. Cine magnetic resonance imaging ... Sensitivity and Predictive Value of Functional Cine Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Detecting Intra-abdominal Adhesions. ... Sensitivity and predictive value of functional cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) detecting intra-abdominal adhesions ...
Cine IR - Cardiac Imaging - MR Applications - Magnetic Resonance Imaging - Products
Cine IR captures image contrast evolution at different TI times to quickly determine optimal TI value for myocardial-delayed ... Cine IR Cine IR captures image contrast evolution at different TI times to quickly determine optimal TI value for myocardial ... It uses multiphase FGRE Cine acquisition that captures image contrast evolution at different TI times. It also features ... and supports both 1 RR and 2 RR mode Multiphase FGRE Cine acquisition. "The Cine IR sequence is a very useful tool helping us ...
Spirometer-controlled cine magnetic resonance imaging used to diagnose tracheobronchomalacia in paediatric patients | European...
Cine-magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) might be an attractive, radiation-free alternative to cine-CT to diagnose TBM [15-19]. ... Real-time, cine magnetic resonance imaging for evaluation of the pediatric airway. Laryngoscope 2001; 111: 2187-2190. ... Spirometer-controlled cine magnetic resonance imaging used to diagnose tracheobronchomalacia in paediatric patients. Pierluigi ... Our aim was to evaluate the feasibility of spirometer-controlled cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) as an alternative to ...
A Software Tool for Heart AVJ Motion Tracking Using Cine Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) Images - EMBS
A Software Tool for Heart AVJ Motion Tracking Using Cine Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) Images Published Articles ... the measurement is to use a software tool that can conduct AVJ motion tracking from cine cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR ... and two-chamber views of CMR images. After that, we reconstruct the 3-D coordinates of the six points from image acquisition ... and Qt are very handy software systems to implement automatic image analysis functions for CMR images, such as quantitative ...
Assessment of Patency of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts Using Segmented K-space Breath-hold Cine Cardiovascular Magnetic...
... of Patency of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts Using Segmented K-space Breath-hold Cine Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging ... PURPOSE: The efficacy of magnetic resonance imaging for evaluating coronary artery disease has been reported. In this study, we ... Segmented K-space imaging Coronary bypass graft Flow analysis CABG patency FASTCARD ... MR imaging. MR magnitude images were evaluated from the hard copies by two independent observers. A graft was defined as patent ...
Evaluation of right ventricular early diastolic filling by cine nuclear magnetic resonance imaging in patients with...
Cine nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) imaging has been found to be effective for measuring right ventricular volumes and ... Evaluation of right ventricular early diastolic filling by cine nuclear magnetic resonance imaging in patients with ... Evaluation of right ventricular early diastolic filling by cine nuclear magnetic resonance imaging in patients with ... Evaluation of right ventricular early diastolic filling by cine nuclear magnetic resonance imaging in patients with ...
A Left Ventricle Model to Predict Post-Revascularization Ejection Fraction Based on Cine Magnetic Resonance Images | Journal of...
Topics: Magnetic resonance , Myocardium , Magnetic resonance imaging , Diseases , Coronary arteries , Performance , ... A Left Ventricle Model to Predict Post-Revascularization Ejection Fraction Based on Cine Magnetic Resonance Images Hai-Chao Han ... A Left Ventricle Model to Predict Post-Revascularization Ejection Fraction Based on Cine Magnetic Resonance Images. ASME. J ... Return to: A Left Ventricle Model to Predict Post-Revascularization Ejection Fraction Based on Cine Magnetic Resonance Images ...
Assessment of mitral valve regurgitation by cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging | Nature Reviews Cardiology
... but cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) provides complementary information, especially for assessing MR severity ... Garg and colleagues describe the current evidence on the use of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging for the assessment of ... mitral regurgitation, highlight its current clinical utility, and recommend a standardized imaging protocol and report. ... 2: Mitral valve assessment planing during cine cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging acquisition.. ...
Comparison of echocardiography and Cine Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the measurement of left ventricular wall thickness and...
Comparison of echocardiography and Cine Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the measurement of left ventricular wall thickness and ... as recommended by the society of cardiovascular magnetic resonance guideline. ... For cine MRI examination, all parameters were measured in the 3-chamber view of the left ventricle at the mitral leaflet tips, ... Normal values of cine MRI measurements of left ventricle in healthy population are reported. These results suggest that PW ...
Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging - Wikipedia
Heart function using cine imaging. Images of the heart may be acquired in real-time with CMR, but the image quality is ... Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMR), sometimes known as cardiac MRI, is a medical imaging technology for the non- ... "4D flow cardiovascular magnetic resonance consensus Statement, Dyverfeldt et. al". Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance ... Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. An example of CMR movies in different orientations of a cardiac tumor - in this case, an ...
Imaging in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Practice Essentials, Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Oblique axial cine magnetic resonance angiogram in the same patient as in the previous image shows a spade-shaped left ... Short-axis cine end-systolic, magnetic resonance angiogram obtained in the same patient as in the previous image shows marked ... Oblique axial cine magnetic resonance angiogram in the same patient as in the previous image shows a spade-shaped left ... Short-axis cine end-systolic, magnetic resonance angiogram obtained in the same patient as in the previous image shows marked ...
Low-field cine magnetic resonance imaging<...
Low-field cine magnetic resonance imaging. / Jones, Rupert; METCALFE, M J ; Redpath, Thomas William; Smith, Francis; WALTON, S ... Jones R, METCALFE MJ, Redpath TW, Smith F, WALTON S. Low-field cine magnetic resonance imaging. British Journal of Radiology. ... Jones, R., METCALFE, M. J., Redpath, T. W., Smith, F., & WALTON, S. (1990). Low-field cine magnetic resonance imaging. British ... Jones, R, METCALFE, MJ, Redpath, TW, Smith, F & WALTON, S 1990, Low-field cine magnetic resonance imaging, British Journal of ...
Detection, characterization and functional assessment of reperfused Q-wave acute myocardial infarction by cine magnetic...
... characterization and functional assessment of reperfused Q-wave acute myocardial infarction by cine magnetic resonance imaging. ... The capability of dynamic gradient-refocused magnetic resonance imaging (cine MRI) to detect, localize and functionally assess ... characterization and functional assessment of reperfused Q-wave acute myocardial infarction by cine magnetic resonance imaging ... Global ejection fraction and regional wall motion abnormalities were evaluated at 7 days by cine MRI, left ventriculography and ...
A comparison of cine CMR imaging at 0.55 T and 1.5 T | Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance | Full Text
... systems for cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR), due to their favorable physical properties, reduced costs, and increased ... We sought to assess the diagnostic capabilities of high-performance low-field (0.55 T) CMR imaging for quantification of right ... either a breath-held cine balanced steady-state free-precession acquisition or a motion-corrected free-breathing re-binned cine ... There is a renewed interest in lower field magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) ...
Measurement of coronary blood flow velocity during handgrip exercise using breath-hold velocity encoded cine magnetic resonance...
Augmented diastolic function in elite athletes measured by cine phase contrast velocity magnetic resonance Imaging - Wellcome...
Augmented diastolic function in elite athletes measured by cine phase contrast velocity magnetic resonance Imaging ... Augmented diastolic function in elite athletes measured by cine phase contrast velocity magnetic resonance Imaging ... Augmented diastolic function in elite athletes measured by cine phase contrast velocity magnetic resonance Imaging ...
Functional measurements based on feature tracking of cine magnetic resonance images identify left ventricular segments with...
... images to elucidate if functional measurements of the motion of the left ventricular wall may detect scar defined with ... Feature tracking analysis of cine-MR displays velocity, displacement and strain in the radial and longitudinal direction and ... The aim of the study was to perform a feature tracking analysis on cine magnetic resonance (MR) ... The aim of the study was to perform a feature tracking analysis on cine magnetic resonance (MR) images to elucidate if ...
Audiovisual biofeedback improves cine-magnetic resonance imaging measured lung tumor motion consistency
... Creator Lee, Danny; ... Audiovisual biofeedback improves cine-magnetic resonance imaging measured lung tumor motion consistency. ... audiovisual biofeedback; lung tumor motion consistency; magnetic resonance imaging. Identifier http://hdl.handle.net/1959.13/ ... in 9 lung cancer patients who underwent a breathing training session with AV biofeedback before 2 3T magnetic resonance imaging ...
September-October 1986 - Volume 10 - Issue 5 : Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography
Blood Flow Imaging by Cine Magnetic Resonance. Nayler, G. L.; Firmin, D. N.; Longmore, D. B. ... MR Imaging of Cavernous Hemangioma of the Face and Neck. Itoh, Kyo; Nishimura, Kazumasa; Togashi, Kaori; More ... MR Imaging of Pathologic Abdominal Fluid Collections. Wall, Susan D.; Hricak, Hedvig; Bailey, George D.; More ... MR Imaging in "Lacunar" Hemiballismus. Biller, José; Graff-Radford, Neill R.; Smoker, Wendy R. K.; More ...
Evaluation of valvular heart disease with cine gradient echo magnetic resonance imaging<...
keywords = "Aortic regurgitation, Cine magnetic resonance imaging, Magnetic resonance imaging, Mitral regurgitation, Valvular ... Evaluation of valvular heart disease with cine gradient echo magnetic resonance imaging. Circulation. 1991 Sep;84(3 SUPPL.). ... Evaluation of valvular heart disease with cine gradient echo magnetic resonance imaging. / Higgins, Charles B.; Wagner, Stefan ... N2 - Electrocardiographic referenced repetitive gradient echo magnetic resonance imaging (cine GRE) has been used to detect and ...
Chiari 1 malformation with syringomyelia: correlation of phase-contrast cine MR imaging and outcome.
... fluid flow in syringomyelia patients associated with Chiari I malformation using phase-contrast velocity-encoded-cine MRI and ... Magnetic Resonance Imaging / methods*. Male. Middle Aged. Prognosis. Syringomyelia / pathology*, physiopathology, surgery*. ... Preoperative cine MRI flow studies showed a heterogeneous pattern at the foramen magnum level in all of the patients. ... Postoperative cine MR flow studies demonstrated the change from heterogeneous pattern to sinusoidal pattern in 11 patients and ...
Cine-magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of larynx motion in early glottic cancer radiotherapy - Clinical MRI
You are here: Home / Clinical Imaging / Cine-magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of larynx motion in early glottic cancer ... Cine-magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of larynx motion in early glottic cancer radiotherapy. ... Filed Under: Clinical Imaging, Clinical Methods & Techniques, Clinical Updates Tagged With: cine imaging, glottic cancer, ... Fetal MR Imaging: An Overview December 3, 2018 * ASL Perfusion Imaging: Clinical Experience in Patients with Cerebrovascular ...
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Assessment of Ventricular Dyssynchrony | JACC: Journal of the American College of Cardiology
Cine myocardial tagging. Magnetic resonance imaging myocardial tagging is a technique that places non-physical markers (stripes ... 1999) Cardiac motion tracking using CINE harmonic phase (HARP) magnetic resonance imaging. Magn Reson Med 42:1048-1060. ... A)Temporal series of images demonstrating magnetic resonance imaging myocardial tagging during systole (upper panels)and ... Magnetic Resonance Imaging Assessment of Ventricular Dyssynchrony Message Subject (Your Name) has forwarded a page to you from ...
ISMRM 2020) Leaf: A Novel 3D Radial Trajectory for Free-breathing 3D Cine Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Leaf: A Novel 3D Radial Trajectory for Free-breathing 3D Cine Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Lukas Braunstorfer1, Mehdi H ... sequence with radial phyllotaxis trajectory is recently performed for making cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exams ... Phyllotaxis trajectory is susceptible to the eddy current artifact due to a large gradient change during the 3D cine SSFP ... Free-breathing 3D cine steady-state free precession (SSFP) ... back block breath breathing cardiac cardiology choice cine ...
ISMRM 2017) 3D-Cine Whole-heart Magnetic Resonance Imaging Using a Novel Prospective Respiratory Self-Gating Technique
3D-Cine Whole-heart Magnetic Resonance Imaging Using a Novel Prospective Respiratory Self-Gating Technique. Mehdi Hedjazi ... gated 3D-cine steady-state free precession whole-heart magnetic resonance imaging. In 10 patients, there was good agreement ... between the 3D-cine and conventional breath-hold 2D-cine imaging measurements of ventricular volumes. The mean scan time for ... Such a 3D-cine approach eliminates the need for breath-holding and simplifies planning for ventricular function assessment. ...
Free-running Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Fingerprinting: Joint T1/T2 map and CINE imaging - Research Portal, King's College,...
Free-running Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Fingerprinting: Joint T1/T2 map and CINE imaging. Research output: Contribution to ... Qi, H., Bustin, A., Cruz, G., Jaubert, O., Chen, H., Botnar, R. M. & Prieto, C., 1 Nov 2019, In : Magnetic resonance imaging. ... Usman, M., Ruijsink, B., Nazir, M. S., Cruz, G. & Prieto, C., 1 May 2017, In : Magnetic resonance imaging. 38, p. 129-137 9 p. ... Magnetic resonance imaging. 61, p. 73-82 10 p.. Research output: Contribution to journal › Article ...
Cine magnetic resonance imaging after surgical repair in patients with transposition of the great arteries<...
Cine magnetic resonance imaging after surgical repair in patients with transposition of the great arteries. / Chung, K. J.; ... Cine magnetic resonance imaging after surgical repair in patients with transposition of the great arteries. Circulation. 1988; ... N2 - Cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was used for postoperative evaluation of eight patients who underwent intra-atrial ... AB - Cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was used for postoperative evaluation of eight patients who underwent intra-atrial ...
Cine magnetic resonance imaging for evaluating flow dynamics in congential heart diseases with left-to-right shunts<...
N2 - Cine magnetic resonance imaging (cine MRI) was used to evaluate the cardiac structures and blood flow in congenital heart ... AB - Cine magnetic resonance imaging (cine MRI) was used to evaluate the cardiac structures and blood flow in congenital heart ... Cine magnetic resonance imaging (cine MRI) was used to evaluate the cardiac structures and blood flow in congenital heart ... abstract = "Cine magnetic resonance imaging (cine MRI) was used to evaluate the cardiac structures and blood flow in congenital ...
Optimization and Initial Experience of a Multislice Balanced Steady-State Free Precession Cine Sequence for the Assessment of...
Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2012 36 1 *. Motion-Compensation Techniques in Neonatal and Fetal MR Imaging ... Optimization and Initial Experience of a Multislice Balanced Steady-State Free Precession Cine Sequence for the Assessment of ... Optimization and Initial Experience of a Multislice Balanced Steady-State Free Precession Cine Sequence for the Assessment of ... Optimization and Initial Experience of a Multislice Balanced Steady-State Free Precession Cine Sequence for the Assessment of ...
Evaluation of global left ventricular myocardial function with electrocardiogram-gated multidetector computed tomography:...
... in patients evaluated for CAD shows that spiral MDCT studies may provide LV functional data in good correlation to Cine MRI. ... function parameters by MDCT in comparison to cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). ... comparison with magnetic resonance imaging Invest Radiol. 2003 Oct;38(10):653-61. doi: 10.1097/01.rli.0000077070.40713.76. ... enable image reconstruction in any phase of the cardiac cycle. The objective was to determine left ventricular (LV) ...
Free precessionAngiographyVentricularEchocardiographyComputed tomographyAbstractAssessmentQuantificationFunctionalSteady-stateSequencesPerfusion ImagingPatientsVelocity encoded cine magneticMeasurements2018AorticRadiologyInterventionalGadolinium-enhancedMethodsEnhancementParametersClinicalNoninvasiveMyocardiumCoronary arteryAcquisitionQuantitativePhysicsMeasured by cine phase contrastCardiac ResynchBreath-holdJournalLeft ventricleSensitivity and SpecifiNuclearFlowUltrafastIMRISequenceVivoGradient-recalledCongenitalModalitiesDiastoleHarmonic phaseTeslaMiceTumor
- Balanced steady state free precession turbo field-echo (B-SSFP TFE) cine-MR images contain less variation in myocardial tissue signals than seen in echocardiographic images but still allow tracking of mechanical deformation. (biomedcentral.com)
- Free-breathing 3D cine steady-state free precession (SSFP) sequence with radial phyllotaxis trajectory is recently performed for making cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exams easy and more comfortable for patients. (ismrm.org)
- We developed a novel prospective respiratory motion compensation algorithm, Heart-NAV, for free-breathing retrospective electrocardiogram (ECG)-gated 3D-cine steady-state free precession whole-heart magnetic resonance imaging. (ismrm.org)
- Monitoring and compensating phase imperfections in cine balanced steady-state free precession. (uzh.ch)
- Free-breathing steady-state free precession cine cardiac magnetic resonance with respiratory navigator gating. (harvard.edu)
- Normal human left and right ventricular dimensions for MRI as assessed by turbo gradient echo and steady-state free precession imaging sequences. (semanticscholar.org)
- Comparison of right ventricular volume measurement between segmented k-space gradient-echo and steady-state free precession magnetic resonance imaging. (semanticscholar.org)
- Cine MRI using steady state free precession in the radial long axis orientation is a fast accurate method for obtaining volumetric data of the left ventricle. (semanticscholar.org)
- CONCLUSION: Evaluation of patency of the bypass graft was clinically feasible by 2DFASTCARD MR imaging, whereas any invisible bypass grafts should be further studied by contrast-enhanced MR angiography or by conventional angiography for confirmation of abnormalities. (koreamed.org)
- MRA (magnetic resonance angiography) can produce 3D and 4D images of blood vessels and the flow of blood through the vessels. (wikipedia.org)
- Global ejection fraction and regional wall motion abnormalities were evaluated at 7 days by cine MRI, left ventriculography and radionuclide angiography. (duke.edu)
- The ejection fraction by cine MRI correlated better with the ejection fraction by left ventriculography (r = 0.94, standard error of the estimate = 3.6) than did the ejection fraction by radionuclide angiography (r = 0.82, standard error of the estimate = 5.8). (duke.edu)
- Electrocardiogram-gated 3D volume data from multidetector computed tomography coronary angiography (MDCT-CA) enable image reconstruction in any phase of the cardiac cycle. (nih.gov)
- The latest additions to MRI technology are angiography (MRA) and spectroscopy (MRS). MRA was developed to study blood flow, while MRS can identify the chemical composition of diseased tissue and produce color images of brain function. (encyclopedia.com)
- Cine MR angiography of the heart with segmented true fast imaging with steady-state precession. (springer.com)
- Prospective heart tracking for whole-heart magnetic resonance angiography. (harvard.edu)
- Three-dimensional heart locator for whole-heart coronary magnetic resonance angiography. (harvard.edu)
- Cine nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) imaging has been found to be effective for measuring right ventricular volumes and therefore was used to assess early diastolic filling of the right ventricle in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. (onlinejacc.org)
- Right ventricular time-volume curves were obtained from cine NMR images in 10 patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and 8 normal subjects. (onlinejacc.org)
- Thus, analysis of right ventricular time-volume curves obtained by using cine NMR imaging demonstrated diastolic dysfunction of the right ventricle in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. (onlinejacc.org)
- Although the normal values of left ventricular wall thickness and dimension by 2-dimensional echocardiography had been reported, normal values for cine MRI measurements and the relationship with echocardiography are still unknown. (biomedcentral.com)
- As the yield of genetic testing is only about 35-60%, the diagnosis of HCM is still clinical and based on the demonstration of unexplained and usually asymmetric left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy by imaging modalities. (medscape.com)
- However, other imaging modalities such as cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) have played an increasing role in the diagnosis, management, and risk stratification of HCM, particularly when the location of left ventricular hypertrophy is atypical (apex, lateral wall) and when the echocardiographic imaging is suboptimal. (medscape.com)
- Cine MRA is used to evaluate ventricular function, ventricular end-diastolic and end-systolic volumes, valvular dysfunction, and outflow tract obstruction. (medscape.com)
- The aim of the study was to perform a feature tracking analysis on cine magnetic resonance (MR) images to elucidate if functional measurements of the motion of the left ventricular wall may detect scar defined with gadolinium enhanced MR. (biomedcentral.com)
- New cine GRE imaging techniques provide a noninvasive means for quantification of valvular as well as ventricular function. (elsevier.com)
- In 10 patients, there was good agreement between the 3D-cine and conventional breath-hold 2D-cine imaging measurements of ventricular volumes. (ismrm.org)
- Such a 3D-cine approach eliminates the need for breath-holding and simplifies planning for ventricular function assessment. (ismrm.org)
- The objective was to determine left ventricular (LV) function parameters by MDCT in comparison to cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). (nih.gov)
- A total of 190 patients from 174 families with left ventricular hypertrabeculation (LVHT) or LVNC were referred for cardiac magnetic resonance and whole-exome sequencing. (nih.gov)
- Age- and gender-specific differences in left and right ventricular cardiac function and mass determined by cine magnetic resonance imaging. (ox.ac.uk)
- A case-controlled observational study was conducted to evaluate early gadolinium enhancement (EGE) and left ventricular functional parameters on Artificial Intelligence in cine-MRI in patients with acute myocarditis. (cdc.gov)
- This study aimed to develop a cardiorespiratory-resolved 3D magnetic resonance imaging (5D MRI: x-y-z-cardiac-respiratory) approach based on 3D motion tracking for investigating the influence of respiration on cardiac ventricular function. (nature.com)
- MR evaluation of ventricular function: True fast imaging with steady‐state precession versus fast low‐angle shot cine MR imaging: Feasibility study. (currentprotocols.com)
- Left ventricular volume measurement using cardiac axis nuclear magnetic resonance imaging. (currentprotocols.com)
- Quantification of the left ventricular volumes and function with cine MR imaging: Comparison of geometric models with three‐dimensional data. (currentprotocols.com)
- Normal human right and left ventricular mass, systolic function, and gender differences by cine magnetic resonance imaging. (currentprotocols.com)
- Assessment of left ventricular volume and mass by cine magnetic resonance imaging in patients with anterior myocardial infarction intra‐observer and inter‐observer variability on contour detection. (currentprotocols.com)
- Improved cine MR imaging of left ventricular wall motion with gadopentetate dimeglumine. (currentprotocols.com)
- End-diastolic thickness of the left ventricular posterior wall and myocardial mass (assessed by magnetic resonance imaging, n=10) was measured at baseline and after 12 months of ERT. (ahajournals.org)
- Multiphase-multisection gradient-echo MR image sets of the heart were acquired to measure left and right ventricular stroke volumes for validation. (springer.com)
- Ventricular septal defect: Visualization of shunt flow and determination of shunt size by cine MR imaging. (springer.com)
- Dynamic (cine) cardiovascular MRI showed normal systolic ventricular function without any wall motion abnormalities. (cmaj.ca)
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance images showing normal systolic left ventricular function on cine imaging without wall motion abnormalities (A, short-axis end-systolic phase). (cmaj.ca)
- Objectives The goal of this study was to determine the prevalence of post-myocardial infarction (MI) left ventricular (LV) thrombus in the current era and to develop an effective algorithm (predicated on echocardiography [echo]) to discern patients warranting further testing for thrombus via delayed enhancement (DE) cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR). (onlinejacc.org)
- Epicardial and endocardial borders of the right ventricular myocardium are manually traced at end-diastole on this short-axis cardiac magnetic resonance image. (ersjournals.com)
- A short-axis cine image at mid-ventricular level in early diastole. (ersjournals.com)
- A contrast-enhanced short-axis CMR cine image was acquired at a basal ventricular level. (ersjournals.com)
- a) Baseline short-axis mid-ventricular CMR image demonstrating a grossly dilated right ventricle (RV) with pronounced bowing of the interventricular septum (IVS) compromising the left ventricle (LV). (ersjournals.com)
- Obesity reduces left ventricular strains, torsion, and synchrony in mouse models: a cine displacement encoding with stimulated echoes (DENSE) cardi. (nih.gov)
- Computing clinical cardiac parameters like ventricular blood-pool volumes, ejection fraction and myocardial mass from these high resolution images is an important step in cardiac disease diagnosis, therapy planning and monitoring cardiac health. (spie.org)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging and the Diagnosis of Right Ventricular Dysplasia in Children: An Institutional Experience. (upenn.edu)
- Left Ventricular Papillary Muscle Mechanics in the Pediatric Heart: Insights Using Cine-Magnetic Resonance Imaging J Cardiovasc Mag Reson. (upenn.edu)
- Sandstede J, Lipke C, Beer M, Hofmann S, Pabst T, Kenn W, Neubauer S, Hahn D. Age- and gender-specific differences in left and right ventricular cardiac function and mass determined by cine magnetic resonance imaging. (springer.com)
- Yamazaki, Sachiko;Numata, Satoshi;Inoue, Tomoya;Itatani, Keiichi;Morimoto, Kazuki;Ohira, Suguru;Manabe, Kaichiro;Yokota, Isao;Yaku, Hitoshi 2018-05-17 00:00:00 Abstract OBJECTIVES This study aimed to evaluate whether cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-derived right ventricular (RV) assessment can facilitate risk stratification among patients with ischaemic cardiomyopathy who underwent surgical ventricular reconstruction (SVR). (deepdyve.com)
- Cine-MRI was acquired for left ventricular (LV) and RV volume. (deepdyve.com)
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, Surgical ventricular reconstruction, Right ventricular function INTRODUCTION Surgical left ventricular (LV) reconstruction was developed to restore a more physiological shape to the spherical LV and improve the contractile performance of stretched remote myocardial muscles. (deepdyve.com)
- Cardiac magnetic resonance using fused 3D cine and 4D flow sequences:Validation of ventricular and blood flow measurements. (harvard.edu)
- Geometry-independent inclusion of basal myocardium yields improved cardiac magnetic resonance agreement with echocardiography and necropsy quantified left-ventricular mass. (semanticscholar.org)
- Right ventricular-left ventricular interaction in adults with Tetralogy of Fallot: a combined cardiac magnetic resonance and echocardiographic speckle tracking study. (semanticscholar.org)
- To investigate, using cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR), the effects of carvedilol on left ventricular remodelling in patients with chronic stable heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction caused by coronary artery disease. (bmj.com)
- Echocardiography is the recommended first-line test for the assessment of valvular heart disease, but cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) provides complementary information, especially for assessing MR severity and to plan the timing of intervention. (nature.com)
- Echocardiography remains the first-line and most widely available imaging test for the assessment of MR. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) has also emerged in the past 20 years as a robust, noninvasive imaging modality for the assessment of patients with MR 4 . (nature.com)
- age range, 19-78) underwent both 2-dimensional echocardiography and cine MRI. (biomedcentral.com)
- Finally, mean values of IVS+Dd+PW were 61.6 ± 6.5 mm by echocardiography and 61.9 ± 7.4 mm by MRI (p = 0.82), which indicates that the identification of endocardial border of posterior wall are different between echocardiography and cine MRI. (biomedcentral.com)
- In the past, echocardiography was the sole imaging modality used for the diagnosis and management of HCM. (medscape.com)
- However, there remain patients in whom the diagnosis of HCM is suspected but the echocardiogram is inconclusive, mostly because of suboptimal imaging from poor acoustic windows or when hypertrophy is localized to regions of the LV myocardium not well visualized by echocardiography. (medscape.com)
- The advantages of CMR are enhanced spatial resolution, image quality, and inherent 3-dimensional nature, which have allowed identification of morphologic variants of HCM, some of which can be missed by echocardiography. (medscape.com)
- It has no limitations of imaging planes imposed bones and lung, and is not associated with technical difficulties as required with echocardiography which has small cardiac window. (elsevier.com)
- Peak flow velocities in the ascending aorta-real-time phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging vs. cine magnetic resonance imaging and echocardiography. (mpg.de)
- This prospective study of eight healthy volunteers evaluates peak flow velocities (PFV) in the ascending aorta using real-time phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in comparison to cine phase-contrast MRI and echocardiography. (mpg.de)
- Flow measurements by echocardiography and cine phase-contrast MRI with breath-holding were performed according to clinical standards. (mpg.de)
- When averaged across subjects, real-time phase-contrast MRI resulted in PFV of 120±20 cm s(-1) (mean ± SD) in comparison to 122±16 cm s(-1) for cine MRI and 124±20 cm s(-1) for echocardiography. (mpg.de)
- Thus, in general, real-time phase-contrast MRI of cardiac outflow revealed quantitative agreement with cine MRI and echocardiography. (mpg.de)
- Doppler echocardiography and ultrafast cine computed tomography during dynamic exercise in chronic parenchymal pulmonary disease. (biomedsearch.com)
- Patients underwent sequential exercise tests with Doppler echocardiography and ultrafast cine computed tomography (CT). (biomedsearch.com)
- Further, the velocity assessments available from Doppler echocardiography are essentially unidimensional, as they track only the single velocity component that lies along the imaging beam. (bmj.com)
- His major clinical and research interests focus on diagnostic imaging of congenital heart disease, including anatomic and functional assessment of complex malformations using echocardiography and magnetic resonance imaging. (childrenshospital.org)
- As this case demonstrates, CMR has distinct advantages when compared to other imaging modalities like echocardiography, in the clinical work-up of cardiac masses. (scmr.org)
- Although different modalities can be used for imaging of the RV, accurate measurement of RV volume and function using echocardiography or radionuclide technique is challenging because of the complex geometry of the RV. (deepdyve.com)
- Cine computed tomography (CT) is a noninvasive alternative used to diagnose TBM, but its use in children is restricted by ionising radiation. (ersjournals.com)
- For these reasons an alternative to bronchoscopy, cine computed tomography (CT), has been used to assess TBM [ 6 ]. (ersjournals.com)
- MRI images have greater natural contrast than standard x rays, computed tomography scan ( CT scan ), or ultrasound, all of which depend on the differing physical properties of tissues. (encyclopedia.com)
- Four-dimensional computed tomography images from 30 liver cancer patients under thermoplastic mask immobilization were selected for this study. (dovepress.com)
- The liver volume on computed tomography image was divided into the right upper (RU), right middle (RM), right lower (RL), hilar, and left lobes. (dovepress.com)
- Patients and Methods: thirty-eight prostate cancer patients were treated by using simultaneous integrated boost-intensity modulated radiation therapy (SIB-IMRT) with online image guided correction via kilo voltage cone beam computed tomography (KV-CBCT)/electronic portal imaging device (EPID) of trans-rectal ultrasound (TRUS)-inserted intraprostatic gold fiduciary mar- kers. (scirp.org)
- All eligible patients were subjected to complete history and physical examination, laboratory investigations including total prostatic specific antigen (PSA), complete blood count, blood urea nitrogen and serum creatinine, radiological investigations including chest X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) pelvis, Computed tomography (CT) abdomen and bone scan. (scirp.org)
- abstract = "Electrocardiographic referenced repetitive gradient echo magnetic resonance imaging (cine GRE) has been used to detect and quantify valvular regurgitation. (elsevier.com)
- Abstract 1927: Role of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients with Myocarditis: Does late Enhancement have Prognostic Value? (ahajournals.org)
- CMR offers a comprehensive evaluation of MR and its effects on the heart by providing precise volumetric assessment (using cine images) and myocardial scar or fibrosis assessment (using the late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) technique). (nature.com)
- A panel of individuals with vast expertise in MR assessment by standard and emerging methods of CMR gathered in a closed group meeting titled 'Mitral Valve Regurgitation Assessment by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance' held at the joint EuroCMR-Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) meeting in Barcelona, Spain, in January 2018. (nature.com)
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMR), sometimes known as cardiac MRI , is a medical imaging technology for the non-invasive assessment of the function and structure of the cardiovascular system . (wikipedia.org)
- Detection, characterization and functional assessment of reperfused Q-wave acute myocardial infarction by cine magnetic resonance imaging. (duke.edu)
- CONCLUSION: The proposed free-running cardiac MRF approach allows for simultaneous assessment of myocardial T1 and T2 and Cine imaging in a single scan. (kcl.ac.uk)
- Development and validation of a large, modular test meal with liquid and solid components for assessment of gastric motor and sensory function by non-invasive imaging NEUROGASTROENTEROLOGY AND MOTILITY. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- Undersampled Cine 3D tagging for rapid assessment of cardiac motion. (uzh.ch)
- Interventional magnetic resonance imaging (iMRI) encompasses diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that use magnetic resonance (MR), in whole or part, for the guidance of, assistance in, or immediate assessment of therapy. (appliedradiology.com)
- Multicontrast late gadolinium enhancement imaging enables viability and wall motion assessment in a single acquisition with reduced scan times. (semanticscholar.org)
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) has been considered the gold standard for quantification of heart volume and function 1 , 2 . (nature.com)
- Quantification of left-to-right atrial shunts with velocity-encoded cine nuclear magnetic resonance imaging. (springer.com)
- Sieverding L, Jung W-I, Klose U, Apirz J. Noninvasive blood flow measurement and quantification of shunt volume by cine magnetic resonance in congenital heart disease. (springer.com)
- Quantification of myocardial blood flow with cardiovascular magnetic resonance throughout the cardiac cycle. (nih.gov)
- D) The infarct size quantification by late gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (LGE-MRI) 24 h post-MI for the MitoSNO-treated group compared with the untreated control group including representative images. (nih.gov)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Quantification of Fasted State Colonic Liquid Pockets in Healthy Humans. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- In recent years, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) has emerged as the gold standard technique for the quantification of RV function with high accuracy and reproducibility. (deepdyve.com)
- Myocardial T1: Quantification by Using an ECG-triggered Radial Single-Shot Inversion-Recovery MR Imaging Sequence. (uni-wuerzburg.de)
- These findings suggest that cine MRI may play an important role in the future detection and functional characterization of AMI. (duke.edu)
- Noninvasively, cine MRI provides accurate images of the anatomy of the cardiac structures, makes functional assessments of the cardiac chambers and walls, and flow relationships. (elsevier.com)
- Initial experience in patients evaluated for CAD shows that spiral MDCT studies may provide LV functional data in good correlation to Cine MRI. (nih.gov)
- Cardiac functional parameters were compared to matched mice imaged previously on a horizontal MR system. (ox.ac.uk)
- Functional aspects of cardiovascular nuclear magnetic resonance imaging. (springer.com)
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) of the hand representation in primary somatosensory cortex (area 3b) of macaque monkeys revealed an ipsilateral hand input undetected by most previous studies. (jneurosci.org)
- Several of the MR Research Center's scanners are equipped with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) capabilities. (uiowa.edu)
- Spinal cord diffusion-tensor imaging and motor-evoked potentials in multiple sclerosis patients: microstructural and functional asymmetry. (uzh.ch)
- Morphologic and functional evaluation of congenital heart disease by magnetic resonance imaging. (springer.com)
- Optoacoustics' fiber optical microphones are also used in functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) environments to enable brain researchers to better understand the underlying workings of human speech and communications. (wikipedia.org)
- Images were obtained by use of a technique of gradient-recalled acquisition in steady state (GRASS) that utilizes a low flip angle and shorter repetition and echo times. (elsevier.com)
- The authors present a novel cine magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, two-dimensional (2D) fast imaging employing steady-state acquisition (FIESTA) technique with parallel imaging. (elsevier.com)
- These optimizations are principally in the use of ECG gating and rapid imaging techniques or sequences. (wikipedia.org)
- The SAR of FIESTA was approximately 13 times lower than that of conventional MR imaging of fetuses obtained using single-shot fast spin echo sequences. (elsevier.com)
- Real-time phase-contrast MRI at 40 ms temporal resolution and 1.3 mm in-plane resolution was based on highly undersampled radial fast low-angle shot (FLASH) sequences with image reconstruction by regularized nonlinear inversion (NLINV). (mpg.de)
- Exposure to loud sound during real-time imaging sequences such as fast gradient-recalled echo (GRE) and fast spoiled GRE (up to 99 decibels, the equivalent of a New York City subway train) necessitates use of earplugs for patients and ear-covering headphones for the operating team. (appliedradiology.com)
- Harmonic phase (HARP) algorithm is a medical image analysis technique capable of extracting and processing motion information from tagged magnetic resonance image (MRI) sequences. (wikipedia.org)
- The aim of this study was to determine if quantitative myocardial perfusion imaging with cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) can accurately track physiological variations in MBF throughout the cardiac cycle. (nih.gov)
- In this multi-center study the diagnostic performance of accelerated 3D myocardial perfusion imaging to detect functionally relevant coronary heart disease (CAD) was assessed relative to the invasive fractional flow reserve (FFR) reference standard. (ismrm.org)
- The sensitivity and specificity of myocardial ischemic burden as a metric to assess severity of CAD were 84.7% and 92.3% relative to the FFR reference confirming excellent diagnostic yield of 3D perfusion imaging in a multi-center setting. (ismrm.org)
- We demonstrate the successful application of reduced FOV single-shot perfusion imaging which improves sampling efficiently, and reduces residual aliasing artifacts resulting in high quality perfusion images with very high temporal (8ms) and spatial (2mm) resolution. (ismrm.org)
- This study aims to present a first synergistic approach to simultaneous MR/PET myocardial perfusion imaging. (ismrm.org)
- In four patients, cine-MRI demonstrated tracheal narrowing that was not present in the static scans. (ersjournals.com)
- MATERIALS AND METHODS: Thirty eight patients with a total of 92 CABGs (36 internal thoracic arteries and 56 saphenous vein grafts) were evaluated using segmented Kspace cardiac-gated fast gradient echo sequence (2D-FASTCARD) MR imaging. (koreamed.org)
- The capability of dynamic gradient-refocused magnetic resonance imaging (cine MRI) to detect, localize and functionally assess acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in 25 patients at a mean time interval of 7 days after AMI was evaluated. (duke.edu)
- Twenty patients with both an absolute decrease in myocardial signal and a matched regional wall motion abnormality had AMI properly identified by cine MRI. (duke.edu)
- Methods and Materials: Lung tumor motion was investigated in 9 lung cancer patients who underwent a breathing training session with AV biofeedback before 2 3T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) sessions. (edu.au)
- AIM: This study was designed to determine the hemodynamics of cerebrospinal fluid flow in syringomyelia patients associated with Chiari I malformation using phase-contrast velocity-encoded-cine MRI and also to find out whether treatment outcomes may be predicted by these flow measurements. (biomedsearch.com)
- Preoperative cine MRI flow studies showed a heterogeneous pattern at the foramen magnum level in all of the patients. (biomedsearch.com)
- Postoperative cine MR flow studies demonstrated the change from heterogeneous pattern to sinusoidal pattern in 11 patients and a decrease in heterogeneity in 7 patients. (biomedsearch.com)
- Cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was used for postoperative evaluation of eight patients who underwent intra-atrial baffle procedure for surgical repair of D-transposition of the great arteries (D-TGA). (elsevier.com)
- Cine MRI is an entirely noninvasive, nonionizing, and safe procedure in young patients and appears to be a valuable alternative method for evaluating patients after surgical repair of D-TGA. (elsevier.com)
- Cine magnetic resonance imaging thus shows age- and gender-specific differences in cardiac function, and therefore the evaluation of cardiac function in patients should consider age- and gender-matched normative values. (ox.ac.uk)
- Recent refinements in MRI technology may make this form of diagnostic imaging even more useful in evaluating patients with brain cancer, stroke, schizophrenia, or epilepsy. (encyclopedia.com)
- Patients who will undergo flow imaging and neurosurgery (shunting). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Briefly, cine loops are acquired over several heartbeats, synchronized with the heart cycle by gating of the encoding steps with the patients electrocardiogram (ECG). (currentprotocols.com)
- Thirty patients with Chiari I malformation underwent cine-PC CSF flow imaging in the sagittal plane. (ajnr.org)
- Our results indicate that Cine-PC imaging can show differences in CSF flow patterns in patients with Chiari I with and without CAH. (ajnr.org)
- 8 - 10 Although cine-PC has been used to assess flow abnormalities in patients with Chiari I compared with healthy subjects and also to differentiate symptomatic and asymptomatic patients, 7 , 11 - 19 it has previously not been used to assess differences in CSF flow between patients with Chiari I with and without CAH. (ajnr.org)
- Demonstrating these differences would be useful not only in understanding the pathophysiology of CAH but also in helping clinicians in making management decisions in patients with unclear symptoms and inconclusive routine imaging. (ajnr.org)
- Of the 32 consecutive patients sent for flow imaging during the period of study, 2 had significant motion artifacts on flow images and were excluded. (ajnr.org)
- 5 A recent report has shown that Doppler myocardial imaging can detect reduced myocardial function even before LV hypertrophy in patients with Fabry disease occurs. (ahajournals.org)
- The objective of this study was to assess the feasibility and accuracy of magnetic resonance (MR) velocity mapping to calculate pulmonary-to-systemic flow ratio (Qp : Qs) in patients with a suspected or diagnosed atrial-level shunt. (springer.com)
- During a one-year period, all patients referred to our department for further evaluation of an atrial-level shunt underwent the same imaging protocol. (springer.com)
- Correlative studies between frank vectorcardiograms and Thallium-201 myocardial perfusion images in patients with old anterior myocardial infarction. (nii.ac.jp)
- In patients with abnormal lateralization of the organs of the body, the arrangement of atrial appendages is neither normal, nor a mirror image of normal. (cambridge.org)
- The maximum syrinx diameter decreased on MR imaging in all patients. (thejns.org)
Velocity encoded cine magnetic1
- Purpose: To investigate the effect of acquisition parameters on the accuracy of 2D velocity encoded cine magnetic resonance imaging (VEC MRI) flow measurements. (elsevier.com)
- Finally, bronchoscopy does not provide exact measurements of airway dimensions comparable to that provided by imaging techniques [ 3 - 5 ]. (ersjournals.com)
- Normal values of cine MRI measurements of left ventricle in healthy population are reported. (biomedcentral.com)
- Finally, measurements of the volume of aortic regurgitation have recently been achieved by using velocity-encoded cine GRE. (elsevier.com)
- The importance of slice location on the accuracy of aortic regurgitation measurements with magnetic resonance phase velocity mapping. (currentprotocols.com)
- METHODS Particle trace visualisation of time resolved three dimensional magnetic resonance imaging velocity measurements was used to provide a display of intracardiac flow without the limitations of angle sensitivity or restriction to imaging planes. (bmj.com)
- Time resolved magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) phase contrast measurements can accurately measure flow velocities throughout the heart, 15 without constraint to imaging plane or flow direction. (bmj.com)
- Colon wall motility: Comparison of novel quantitative semi-automatic measurements using cine MRI Neurogastroenterology and Motility. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- Sparsity transform k-t principal component analysis for accelerating cine three-dimensional flow measurements. (uzh.ch)
- In 2018, the high-field segment held 60% share of the global magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems. (visiongain.com)
- Deep Learn Med Image Anal Multimodal Learn Clin Decis Support (2018). (harvard.edu)
- Naganawa, Shinji 2018-04-12 00:00:00 We developed a method of velocimetry based on an optical flow method using quantitative analyses of tagged magnetic resonance (MR) images (tagged MR-optical flow velocimetry, tMR-O velocimetry). (deepdyve.com)
- The specificity, sensitivity, and diagnostic accuracy of cine GRE for the detection of mitral and aortic regurgitation was greater than 0.93, 0.89, and 0.92, respectively. (elsevier.com)
- 8-10 In fact, the acquisition of cross-sectional MRI aortic vascular structural indices, provided by combined high spatial and temporal resolutions, should not be affected by either body composition or imaging plane. (ahajournals.org)
- Flow volume asymmetry in the right aortic arch in children utilizing magnetic resonance phase encoded velocity mapping. (upenn.edu)
- Cine phase contrast magnetic resonance imaging was performed at 5 aortic levels. (onlinejacc.org)
- Systolic diameter and average blood flow were measured at each level and regional aPWV (regional aPWV measured by cine phase contrast magnetic resonance imaging) determined in 4 aortic segments: the arch (R1), the thoracic-descending aorta (R2), mid-descending aorta (R3), and the abdominal aorta (R4) and across the entire aorta. (onlinejacc.org)
- In response to the increased demand for CMR, the Korean Society of Cardiovascular Imaging (KOSCI) has issued interpretation guidelines in conjunction with the Korean Society of Radiology (KSR). (bvsalud.org)
- Focal liver disease: comparison of dynamic contrast-enhanced CT and T2-weighted fat-suppressed, FLASH, and dynamic gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging at 1.5 T. Radiology . (springer.com)
- For example, we use feedback from respiratory and cardiac sensors to adapt and change the imaging hardware during acqusition in both radiotherapy and radiology. (edu.au)
- Current areas of activity for abdominal radiology researchers include blood oxygen level-dependent, perfusion, and dynamic contrast-enhanced imaging, said Dr. Jeffrey Weinreb, director of medical imaging at Yale University School of Medicine. (diagnosticimaging.com)
- The relative scarcity of centers using 3T scanners for breast MR is due to a lack of dedicated coils and the historic association of breast imaging with mammography, according to Prof. Christiane Kuhl, a professor of radiology at the University of Bonn. (diagnosticimaging.com)
- A high SNR, near 1‐second imaging method for T2‐ like contrast in interventional MRI at 2 T. J. Magn. (currentprotocols.com)
- In 2008, Optoacoustics began installing the first fully optical fiber-based communication systems for interventional magnetic resonance imaging (iMRI) at leading U.S. research and clinical hospitals. (wikipedia.org)
- however, the late gadolinium-enhanced images showed hyperenhancement of the epicardial midlateral wall ( Figure 1 ), consistent with myocarditis, which was presumably too subtle to detect with T 2 -weighted imaging. (cmaj.ca)
- however, these methods have several limitations, leading to exploration of alternative methods such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). (onlinejacc.org)
- however, these methods have several inherent limitations, and other alternatives are also being explored such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). (onlinejacc.org)
- Methods A same-day echo and CMR were performed according to a tailored protocol, which entailed uniform echo contrast (irrespective of image quality) and dedicated DE-CMR for thrombus tissue characterization. (onlinejacc.org)
- A basic understanding of the underlying principles of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) and methods used to form images is important if one is to successfully apply this technique in clinical practice or research and interpret it correctly. (springer.com)
- Imaging methods such as portal imaging or radiographic imaging allow localization of bony anatomy but do not permit characterization of the changes in shape and relative position of the gland and surrounding normal tissues. (scirp.org)
- The method is fast and accurate, and has been accepted as one of the most popular tagged MRI analysis methods in medical image processing. (wikipedia.org)
- Cine IR captures image contrast evolution at different TI times to quickly determine optimal TI value for myocardial delayed enhancement (MDE) in a rapid, single breath-hold 20 second acquisition. (gehealthcare.com)
- Young I, Clarke G, Baffles D, Pennock J, Doyle F, Bydder G. Enhancement of relaxation rate with paramagnetic contrast agents in NMR imaging. (springer.com)
- Jeong YY, Mitchell DG, Holland GA. Liver lesion conspicuity: T2-weighted breath-hold fast spin-echo MR imaging before and after gadolinium enhancement-initial experience. (springer.com)
- Philips®), including cine image acquisition and delayed enhancement (DE) imaging. (ahajournals.org)
- A total dose of 0.2 mmol/kg of Gd-DTPA was administered.and DE-enhancement image acquisition was performed 10 minutes later in short and long axis views (3D-T1-TFE sequence with a specific inversion prepulse). (ahajournals.org)
- After that, we reconstruct the 3-D coordinates of the six points from image acquisition parameters extracted from DICOM files. (embs.org)
- For cine MRI examination, all parameters were measured in the 3-chamber view of the left ventricle at the mitral leaflet tips, as recommended by the society of cardiovascular magnetic resonance guideline. (biomedcentral.com)
- We optimized imaging parameters for tagged MR imaging, and validated the accuracy of tMR-O velocimetry. (deepdyve.com)
- Dynamic MR imaging of the liver with gd-DTPA: initial clinical results. (springer.com)
- On one hand, breath-hold cardiac cine acquisitions are routinely used in daily clinical protocols. (nature.com)
- Magnetic resonance velocity mapping: Clinical application of a new technique. (springer.com)
- The advent of fast imaging techniques, allowing real-time MR fluoroscopy, and innovations in both MR and X-ray equipment design, have permitted the application of MR guidance to a variety of clinical and research situations. (appliedradiology.com)
- Interventions, such as brain tumor resection, in which MR imaging is required only intermittently and no X-ray data are necessary, can be achieved simply by removing the patient from a standard clinical MR scanner stationed immediately adjacent to an operating theater and returning the patient intermittently when new MR data are needed. (appliedradiology.com)
- Six months after surgery, clinical examinations, MR imaging studies, and CSF pressure recordings were repeated. (thejns.org)
- Clinical examinations and MR imaging studies were repeated annually. (thejns.org)
- However, suffered from long imaging and post-processing times, tagged MRI was slow in entering into routine clinical use until the HARP algorithm was developed and published in 1999. (wikipedia.org)
- We conclude that cine MRI will become one of the most important noninvasive techniques for diagnosing congenital heart diseases with left-to-right shunts. (elsevier.com)
- This capability could allow the noninvasive imaging method to be used to evaluate intra- as well as extrahepatic biliary anatomy. (diagnosticimaging.com)
- The aim of this study was to apply a new feature tracking software (Diogenes MRI, Tomtec GmbH, Unterschliessheim, Germany) on cine-MR images to evaluate its utility and ability to measure velocity, displacement and deformation and thereby detect the segmental distribution of infarcted myocardium. (biomedcentral.com)
- Panel B shows a T 2 -weighted image without high signal intensity in the myocardium, meaning that there is no evidence of acute myocardial inflammation. (cmaj.ca)
- As a result, it is possible to distinguish between normal, injured but living, and infarcted myocardium using MR imaging. (freepatentsonline.com)
- T2 imaging showed that the mass adhered to the myocardium, was clearly of different tissue characteristics than myocardium, and was not fluid filled (Figure 1). (scmr.org)
- In cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, tagging techniques make it possible to capture and store the motion information of myocardium in vivo. (wikipedia.org)
- Tags deform together with the myocardium as the heart beats and are captured by MR imaging. (wikipedia.org)
- Analysis of the motion of the tag features in many images taken from different orientations and at different times can be used to track material points in the myocardium. (wikipedia.org)
- And the harmonic phase image in (d) contains the motion of the myocardium in horizontal direction. (wikipedia.org)
- PURPOSE: The efficacy of magnetic resonance imaging for evaluating coronary artery disease has been reported. (koreamed.org)
- It uses multiphase FGRE Cine acquisition that captures image contrast evolution at different TI times. (gehealthcare.com)
- It also features Adiabatic Inversion Recovery (IR) for uniform myocardial suppression, and supports both 1 RR and 2 RR mode Multiphase FGRE Cine acquisition. (gehealthcare.com)
- Phyllotaxis trajectory is susceptible to the eddy current artifact due to a large gradient change during the 3D cine SSFP acquisition for measuring the centerline of k-space. (ismrm.org)
- The mean scan time for the 3D-cine acquisition was 5.9±2.7 minutes. (ismrm.org)
- Prior to cine MRI, the ECG-gated cardiac imaging using multi-slice acquisition was performed in all the children to localize the optimal slice for cine MRI. (elsevier.com)
- Cine MRI was demonstrated by a fast low 30 degree flip angle imaging technique, with a 15 msec echo time, a 30~40 msec pulse repetition time, and a 256 x 256 or 128 x 128 acquisition matrix. (elsevier.com)
- A highly-accelerated 2.5-minute sparse MR protocol was developed for a continuous acquisition of cardiac images through multiple cardiac and respiratory cycles. (nature.com)
- Mathematical optimisation to optimise 4DCBCT image acquisition and radiotherapy treatment planning. (edu.au)
- Acquisition of transverse CT, MR and cryosection images of representative male and female cadavers has been completed. (uiowa.edu)
- 10 Both systems have merits: the former produces better quality (shorter acquisition time, higher resolution) X-ray and MR (1.5T) images, and the latter allows nearly simultaneous X-ray and MR acquisitions without cumbersome patient movement during procedures. (appliedradiology.com)
- A quantitative analysis also proved respiratory gating to be essential for obtaining artifact-free cine images in the vertical position at this field strength. (ox.ac.uk)
- Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery, 5 (5), 685-690. (mpg.de)
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus diagnosis based on quantitative study of cerebro-spinal fluid and blood flow by phase contrast magnetic resonance imaging. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Peripheral gating was used to cover the entire cardiac cycle with retrospective cardiac synchronization of 32 quantitative flow-encoded images per cycle. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance physics for clinicians: part I. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. (springer.com)
Measured by cine phase contrast1
- Results Regional PWV measured by cine phase contrast magnetic resonance imaging values increased from the valve to the bifurcation in the 4 segments (PWV-R1- PWV-R4: 4.6 ± 1.5 m/s, 5.5 ± 2.0 m/s, 5.7 ± 2.3 m/s, 6.1 ± 2.9 m/s, respectively) and did not differ between genders. (onlinejacc.org)
- The Role of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance in Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. (semanticscholar.org)
- In this study, we evaluated the usefulness of breath-hold segmented K-space cine MR imaging for evaluating the patency of coronary artery bypass grafts (CABG). (koreamed.org)
- The cine images showed normal cardiac function, with minimal residual effusion, as well as a sessile mass of different tissue characteristic arising from the lateral wall of the left ventricle (Movie 2). (scmr.org)
Sensitivity and Specifi1
- Magnetic resonance imaging of congenital heart disease: sensitivity and specificity using receiver operating characteristic curve analysis. (springer.com)
- Imaging, perpendicular plane to a CABG was important to visualize the flow inside the CABG with maximum sensitivity. (koreamed.org)
- Cine magnetic resonance imaging (cine MRI) was used to evaluate the cardiac structures and blood flow in congenital heart diseases with left-to-right shunts. (elsevier.com)
- In 14 of the 15 children (93%), cine MRI clearly detected a left-to-right shunt flow, which was visualized as a low signal intensity area compared to the surrounding blood flow. (elsevier.com)
- To test the agreement between conventional and sensitivity-encoded (SENSE) velocity encoded cine (VEC) MRI in a flow phantom and in subjects with congenital and acquired heart disease. (vivitrolabs.com)
- In particular, a new 3-D approach to MRI imaging known as diffusion tensor imaging, or DTI, measures the flow of water within brain tissue, allowing the radiologist to tell where the normal flow of fluid is disrupted, and to distinguish more clearly between cancerous and normal brain tissue. (encyclopedia.com)
- 2 , 3 , 5 Cine-PC MR imaging can noninvasively demonstrate biphasic CSF flow between the head and spine that occurs due to craniospinal pressure variations during a cardiac cycle. (ajnr.org)
- The main inclusion criterion was that the MR imaging examination be performed on a scanner from a single vendor using the same flow imaging sequence. (ajnr.org)
- The main exclusion criteria were a history of previous decompressive surgery or significant patient motion on flow images. (ajnr.org)
- A commercially available cine-PC sequence was used to perform retrospectively cardiac-gated CSF flow imaging in the midline sagittal plane by using a peripheral pulse trigger (finger photoplethysmography). (ajnr.org)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques sensitive to changes in cerebral blood flow and blood oxygenation were developed by high-speed echo planar imaging. (pnas.org)
- Cine MR imaging documented reduced velocity and flow of the syrinx fluid. (thejns.org)
- Recent improvements in MR technology (ultrafast imaging) allow dynamic evaluations of the central airway dimensions (cine-MRI) [ 15 ]. (ersjournals.com)
- When compared with interventions performed without imaging guidance and procedures performed under X-ray fluoroscopic or computed tomographic guidance alone, iMRI has several distinct advantages and disadvantages (Table 1). (appliedradiology.com)
- PURPOSE: To develop and evaluate a novel non-ECG triggered 2D magnetic resonance fingerprinting (MRF) sequence allowing for simultaneous myocardial T1 and T2 mapping and cardiac Cine imaging. (kcl.ac.uk)
- Changes in blood oxygenation were detected by using a gradient echo (GE) imaging sequence sensitive to the paramagnetic state of deoxygenated hemoglobin. (pnas.org)
- A series of images were acquired continuously with the same imaging pulse sequence (either GE or IR) during task activation. (pnas.org)
- Fast, high-resolution in vivo cine magnetic resonance imaging in normal and failing mouse hearts on a vertical 11.7 T system. (ox.ac.uk)
- PURPOSE: To establish fast, high-resolution in vivo cine magnetic resonance imaging (cine-MRI) on a vertical 11.7-T MR system and to investigate the stability of normal and failing mouse hearts in the vertical position. (ox.ac.uk)
- An in vivo cine MR study is used to distinguish normal myocardial tissue from injured or infarcted myocardial tissue. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Amazing in vivo cine MR scans. (radrounds.com)
- 19F MR Imaging Golden Angle-based Capsule Tracking for Intestinal Transit and Catheter Tracking: Initial in Vivo Experience. (uzh.ch)
- In vivo precision of bootstrap algorithms applied to diffusion tensor imaging data. (uzh.ch)
- We examined possible age- and gender-specific differences in the function and mass of left (LV) and right (RV) ventricles in 36 healthy volunteers using cine gradient-recalled echo magnetic resonance imaging. (ox.ac.uk)
- With advancing technologies and an accumulation of experience with cine MRI, it appears that this new technique will play an important role in patient care for children with congenital heart disease. (elsevier.com)
- MRI techniques have been recently introduced for non-invasive qualification of regional myocardial mechanics, which is not achievable with other imaging modalities. (routledge.com)
- Short-axis slice images at end-diastole and end-systole from a sample study with a remote myocardial infarction. (asme.org)
- The heart is tagged using 1-1 SPAMM at end-diastole with tag surfaces parallel to a short-axis imaging plane. (semanticscholar.org)
- Syrinx fluid flowed inferiorly during systole and superiorly during diastole on cine MR imaging. (thejns.org)
- This article presents a new method for measuring longitudinal strain in a short-axis section of the heart using harmonic phase magnetic resonance imaging (HARP-MRI). (semanticscholar.org)
- Fast determination of regional myocardial strain fields from tagged cardiac images using harmonic phase MRI. (semanticscholar.org)
- Cardiac motion tracking using CINE harmonic phase (HARP) magnetic resonance imaging. (semanticscholar.org)
- The method uses spectral peaks in the Fourier domain of tagged MRI, calculating the phase images of their inverse Fourier transforms, which are called harmonic phase (HARP) images. (wikipedia.org)
- Cine DENSE CMR images of a mouse heart collected on the Bruker 7 Tesla ClinScan. (nih.gov)
- Images were acquired using a 7 tesla spectrometer with 10 gauss/cm gradients using a transverse electromagnetic volume coil. (jneurosci.org)
- The most important research tool was a 1.5 Tesla magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner mounted on a mobile unit following the ultra runners from stage to stage each day. (biomedcentral.com)
- High-resolution cine-MRI was applied to normal mice and to a murine heart failure model. (ox.ac.uk)
- Infarct size and cardiac function were measured by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) 24 h after infarction.MitoSNO-treated mice exhibited reduced infarct size and preserved function.MitoSNO action acutely at reperfusion reduces infarct size and protects from post-myocardial infarction heart failure. (nih.gov)
- After 5 months on the diet, mice were imaged with a 7 T ClinScan using a cine DENSE protocol. (nih.gov)
- These results demonstrate that AV biofeedback can facilitate consistent tumor motion, which is advantageous toward achieving more accurate medical imaging and radiation therapy procedures. (edu.au)