National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
Peer Review, Research
The evaluation by experts of the quality and pertinence of research or research proposals of other experts in the same field. Peer review is used by editors in deciding which submissions warrant publication, by granting agencies to determine which proposals should be funded, and by academic institutions in tenure decisions.
Health Planning Support
Academies and Institutes
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
Fellowships and Scholarships
United States Public Health Service
National Cancer Institute (U.S.)
National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.)
An organized procedure carried out by a select committee of professionals in evaluating the performance of other professionals in meeting the standards of their specialty. Review by peers is used by editors in the evaluation of articles and other papers submitted for publication. Peer review is used also in the evaluation of grant applications. It is applied also in evaluating the quality of health care provided to patients.
A country in Southeastern Asia, northwest of Australia in the Lesser Sunda Islands at the eastern end of the Indonesian archipelago. It includes the eastern half of the island of Timor, the Oecussi (Ambeno) region on the northwest portion of the island of Timor, and the islands of Pulau Atauro and Pulau Jaco. On May 20, 2002, East Timor was internationally recognized as an independent state. This followed its declared independence from Portugal on November 20, 1975 and a period of armed conflict with Indonesia.
Health Systems Agencies
Property, such as patents, trademarks, and copyright, that results from creative effort. The Patent and Copyright Clause (Art. 1, Sec. 8, cl. 8) of the United States Constitution provides for promoting the progress of science and useful arts by securing for limited times to authors and inventors, the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries. (From Black's Law Dictionary, 5th ed, p1014)
Directories as Topic
Conflict of Interest
A situation in which an individual might benefit personally from official or professional actions. It includes a conflict between a person's private interests and official responsibilities in a position of trust. The term is not restricted to government officials. The concept refers both to actual conflict of interest and the appearance or perception of conflict.
United States Department of Agriculture
A cabinet department in the Executive Branch of the United States Government concerned with improving and maintaining farm income and developing and expanding markets for agricultural products. Through inspection and grading services it safeguards and insures standards of quality in food supply and production.
Integrated Advanced Information Management Systems
A concept, developed in 1983 under the aegis of and supported by the National Library of Medicine under the name of Integrated Academic Information Management Systems, to provide professionals in academic health sciences centers and health sciences institutions with convenient access to an integrated and comprehensive network of knowledge. It addresses a wide cross-section of users from administrators and faculty to students and clinicians and has applications to planning, clinical and managerial decision-making, teaching, and research. It provides access to various types of clinical, management, educational, etc., databases, as well as to research and bibliographic databases. In August 1992 the name was changed from Integrated Academic Information Management Systems to Integrated Advanced Information Management Systems to reflect use beyond the academic milieu.
Academic Medical Centers
United States Dept. of Health and Human Services
Animal Care Committees
Institutional committees established to protect the welfare of animals used in research and education. The 1971 NIH Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals introduced the policy that institutions using warm-blooded animals in projects supported by NIH grants either be accredited by a recognized professional laboratory animal accrediting body or establish its own committee to evaluate animal care; the Public Health Service adopted a policy in 1979 requiring such committees; and the 1985 amendments to the Animal Welfare Act mandate review and approval of federally funded research with animals by a formally designated Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (U.S.)
Component of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH. It conducts and supports basic and applied research to reduce the burden of human illness and dysfunction from environmental causes by, defining how environmental exposures, genetic susceptibility, and age interact to affect an individual's health. It was established in 1969.
Spread and adoption of inventions and techniques from one geographic area to another, from one discipline to another, or from one sector of the economy to another. For example, improvements in medical equipment may be transferred from industrial countries to developing countries, advances arising from aerospace engineering may be applied to equipment for persons with disabilities, and innovations in science arising from government research are made available to private enterprise.
Community-Based Participatory Research
A medical discipline that is based on the philosophy that all body systems are interrelated and dependent upon one another for good health. This philosophy, developed in 1874 by Dr. Andrew Taylor Still, recognizes the concept of "wellness" and the importance of treating illness within the context of the whole body. Special attention is placed on the MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM.
Community Health Planning
Congresses as Topic
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Translational Medical Research
United States Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
An agency of the PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE concerned with the overall planning, promoting, and administering of programs pertaining to substance abuse and mental health. It is commonly referred to by the acronym SAMHSA. On 1 October 1992, the United States Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health Administration (ADAMHA) became SAMHSA.
Medically Underserved Area
Communication, in the sense of cross-fertilization of ideas, involving two or more academic disciplines (such as the disciplines that comprise the cross-disciplinary field of bioethics, including the health and biological sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences and law). Also includes problems in communication stemming from differences in patterns of language usage in different academic or medical disciplines.
Consensus Development Conferences as Topic
Presentations of summary statements representing the majority agreement of physicians, scientists, and other professionals convening for the purpose of reaching a consensus--often with findings and recommendations--on a subject of interest. The Conference, consisting of participants representing the scientific and lay viewpoints, is a significant means of evaluating current medical thought and reflects the latest advances in research for the respective field being addressed.
State Health Plans
National Institute on Aging (U.S.)
Decision Making, Organizational
Rural Health Services
Community Health Services
Health Services Needs and Demand
A course or method of action selected, usually by an organization, institution, university, society, etc., from among alternatives to guide and determine present and future decisions and positions on matters of public interest or social concern. It does not include internal policy relating to organization and administration within the corporate body, for which ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION is available.
Health Care Rationing
Hospital Bed Capacity
Computer Communication Networks
Education, Medical, Graduate
Health Services Accessibility
Interviews as Topic
Internship and Residency
World Health Organization
Costs and Cost Analysis
United States Food and Drug Administration
Delivery of Health Care
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Evaluation Studies as Topic
Statistics as Topic
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
The largest of the continents. It was known to the Romans more specifically as what we know today as Asia Minor. The name comes from at least two possible sources: from the Assyrian asu (to rise) or from the Sanskrit usa (dawn), both with reference to its being the land of the rising sun, i.e., eastern as opposed to Europe, to the west. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p82 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p34)
National Health Programs
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Union Theological Seminary (New York City)
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 23, 1980, and parts were made a New York City ... A History of Real Estate, Building and Architecture in New York City During the Last Quarter of a Century. New York City: ... Reinhold Niebuhr and Paul Tillich made UTS the center of both liberal and neo-orthodox Protestantism in the post-War period. ... After visiting Toynbee Hall in London and inspired by the example of Hull House in Chicago, the alumni decided to create a ...
Sagamore Hill (house)
Built. 1884. Architect. Lamb & Rich. C. Grant LaForge. Architectural style. Queen Anne. ... It is now the Sagamore Hill National Historic Site, which includes the Theodore Roosevelt Museum in a later building on the ... In 1881, his uncle James A. Roosevelt had an estate home built several hundred feet west of the Sagamore Hill property. ...
Properties and finances of the Church of England
"grants". Retrieved 2020-07-04. "The Church of England's built heritage". Church of England website. Archbishops' Council of the ... 12 million already granted by the government to the Church of England in the Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme (LPWGS). The ... efforts have been made to make the Church's investments more ethical, by divesting from major arms manufacturers and divesting ... The Church Commissioners give some of this money as grants to local parishes to fund mission projects, but the majority of the ...
War Memorials Trust
... awarded a grant of £7,460 towards conservation and repair works. This website aims to create a greater ... War Memorials Trust administers grant schemes which between them cover the whole of the UK. These grants are for the repair and ... After correspondence, site visits and extensive advice a £31,280 grant through the Grants for War Memorials Memorials scheme ... Record levels of grant funding were awarded during the centenary of World War I. This was mainly due to both the UK and ...
"Recent grants". engineering.leeds.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-09. "Facility to Enhance Manufacture of Formulated Liquid Product". ... the Manufacture Using Advanced Powder Processes hub and the Continuous Manufacturing and Advanced Crystallisation hub. She is ... She set up two national hubs intended to transform British manufacturing and ensure the country becomes more competitive; ... "Major investment in the UK's manufacturing research base". engineering.leeds.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-09. "Sectoral groups". ...
... having made over $170 million in grants in 2018 alone (see Open Philanthropy Project#Grants made for more). Moskowitz is a ... "They made a fortune in Silicon Valley. Now they're giving most of it away". Washington Post. 2014-12-26. Archived from the ... In March 2011, Forbes reported Moskovitz to be the youngest self-made billionaire in history, on the basis of his 2.34% share ... "Grants Database , Good Ventures". Good Ventures. Archived from the original on 2018-08-31. Retrieved 2017-04-04. Matthews, ...
Make it Wood is designed to encourage individuals and businesses to use responsibility sourced wood as a building material. ... "EPA Grants". NSW Environmental Protection Agency. NSW Government. Retrieved 7 April 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter ( ... Planet Ark's carbon capture and sustainable building materials campaign 'Make it Wood' was criticised by Jon Dee and Pat Cash ... The site is made possible through support of the NSW EPA. RecyclingNearYou.com.au is a comprehensive directory of the recycling ...
"Outstanding Academic Titles , Awards & Grants". www.ala.org. Retrieved October 3, 2017. "Social Ethics in the Making: ... The Making of American Liberal Theology: Imagining Progressive Religion, 1805 - 1900 (v. 1). Westminster John Knox Press; 1 ... Dorrien won the American Library Association's Choice Award in 2009 for his book Social Ethics in the Making: Interpreting an ... Soul in Society: The Making and Renewal of Social Christianity, Fortress Press, 1995. The Word as True Myth: Interpreting ...
"Rainbow Project Book List , Awards & Grants". www.ala.org. Retrieved 2017-12-10. "And Tango Makes Three , Awards & Grants". www ... And Tango Makes Three (2005) by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell has been frequently challenged, and is often on the ... The three books are And Tango Makes Three, which covers the true story of a pair of male penguins that successfully raise a ... Across much of Europe in the 1700s and 1800s, the legal punishment for sodomy was death, making it dangerous to publish or ...
The sauna is instructional porn used to create a space that guides viewers into what may feel like a seminar room, for the ... "Awards/Grants". OCAD University. Retrieved 3 November 2015. "Toronto video artist Richard Fung wins Bell Canada Award in Video ... His second trip took place in 1977 when Fung and his partner, Tim McGaskell, made a pilgrimage from Europe to Asia. Nan died ... In My Mother's Place (1990), Fung addresses his relationship with his mother and is made up of disclosures of what to reveal ...
Wikipedia:Meetup/Santa Fe/ArtAndFeminism 2016
No? Create a Wikipedia account. Yes? Go to Step #2. *Sign up! Add your Wikipedia User Name to this section by clicking the blue ... Blanche Grant, new article. * Rebecca Salsbury James, new article. * Grace Spaulding John , new article ... Articles created/improved. *List of Wikipedia articles attendees have worked to improve. ... If you have 2-4 hours, consider creating a new article. Be sure to gather your reliable sources and check in with an ...
The decision-making process is non-linear, since the building environment is a complex system. Choices cannot be based on cause ... Carpman J, Grant M (1993). Design that cares: Planning health facilities for patients and visitors, 2nd edition. Chicago, IL: ... EBD is closely related to performance-based building design (PBBD) practices. As an approach to design, PBBD tries to create ... Study Guide 2: Building the Evidence-Base: Understanding Research in Helathcare Design. Study Guide 3: Integrating Evidence- ...
1611 - Discovers phases of Venus; granted audience with Pope; made member of Lincean Academy ... made a telescope with about 3x magnification. He later made improved versions with up to about 30x magnification. With a ... such as those made by Tycho Brahe (see Magnitude) and enabled Galileo to counter anti-Copernican arguments such as those made ... Grant, Edward (1996). The Foundations of Modern Science in the Middle Ages: Their Religious, Institutional, and Intellectual ...
Australind Bypass was built in two stages by the Bunbury Division of Main Roads. The first stage opened on 11 December 1987, ... The Mandurah Road Board spent £1200 on the road, while the Harvey Road Board requested a £500 grant from Main Roads for their ... He sent his company's men to clear the path and make a road. The first report of the new road was on 19 October, praising the ... Ten years later, the ferry service was made available to the public free of charge. The road was rebuilt by convicts in the ...
This can create dissatisfaction amongst the people, which we can see is leading to a global distrust and apathy for democracy. ... The Gitcoin Grants initiative is an early adopter of quadratic funding. Though, this implementation differs from quadratic ... The use of QV vs one-person-one-vote could be determined on an issue-by-issue basis, Votes could be made more expensive to ... Proposals have been put forward to make QV more robust with respect to both collusion and outside attacks. The effects of voter ...
President of Romania
Makes appointments to senior military ranks. Makes appointments to public offices as provided by law. Grants individual pardons ... Ceaușescu created the office in order to make himself chief decision-maker in both name and fact. Previously, he had nominally ... The office of president was created in 1974, when Communist leader Nicolae Ceaușescu elevated the presidency of the State ... Iohannis is of Transylvanian Saxon descent, making him the first president from Romania's German minority. In the Communist era ...
Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology
"University Grants Commission". www.ugc.gov.bd. Retrieved 2016-12-12. "Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology - RUET". ... Indoor facilities are also available in the physical education building close to the playground. RUET has a library, a central ... From that time, the university is financed by the Government through the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh. The ... Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology, commonly known as RUET (রুয়েট), is one of the leading PhD granting public ...
Chisenhale Dance Space
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Home Made Festival". Time Out. Retrieved 8 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Chisenhale Dance Space". Transformers Grants Programme. Archived from the original on ...
Abul Kalam Azad Chowdhury
He served as the 23rd Vice-chancellor of the University of Dhaka and the 11th Chairman of University Grants Commission of ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Prof AK Azad made UGC chairman". The Daily Star. 4 May 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2016. ... "Azad Chowdhury" (PDF). University Grants Commission. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 August 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016 ...
Dave Battagello (June 15, 2012). "Deal reached to build new bridge to Detroit". Windsor Star. "Historic Preservation Grants". ... are in the form of grants made directly to nonprofits if that the nonprofit raises a set quantity of money before the grant is ... US federal matching grants have also funded historic preservation initiatives; a local historic property may be able to seek a ... A matching gift, typically a one-time charitable gift made by an employee and matched by the employer, should not be confused ...
Car Free Day Vancouver
The Main Street Car Free Day spans 21 blocks, from Broadway Avenue to 30th Avenue, creating car-free zones suitable for smaller ... The organizers and hosts of these block parties receive small grants given out by the Vancouver Foundation through their ... "Neighbourhood Small Grants". Retrieved 2014-03-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link). ... Neighbourhood Small Grants program. "Car Free Day Vancouver- about". "Gateway Program BC". Archived from the original on 2009- ...
... was created as the non-profit arm of the Runa Group which is a hybrid social enterprise consisting of both non- ... "Grants Awarded to Runa Foundation". MacArthur Foundation. "Profile: Tyler Gage". Mulago Foundation. Mulago Foundation. PRODEL, ... "Runa: Creating Value in the Amazon" (PDF). William Davidson Institute. University of Michigan. "How Runa is Empowering ... Runa Foundation's stated mission is to "create new value for tropical forests that benefit local people and the forest ...
In September 2015, Etsy made further changes to its manufacturing policy with the launch of Etsy Manufacturing, a marketplace ... Grant, Drew. "Etsy's social media DIY-saster". Professional Imexers. Retrieved 20 March 2011.. ... This one makes money". GIGAOM. GIGAOM. Retrieved 24 August 2013.. *^ "Etsy, Inc Competitors List - Hoover's". subscriber. ... Etsy made any past purchase with feedback easily searchable, which caused many complaints. Etsy then made changes to the site ...
Uses and gratifications theory
Particulars under socialization might be finding old friends, making new friends, learning about events, creating social ... Grant, A. E., (1998, April). Dependency and control. Paper presented to the Annual Convention of the Association of Educators ... MSDT acknowledges and builds upon UGT because it is based on the assumptions that people have different uses for media that ... created measures for self-efficacy and self-disparagement and related UGT to negative outcomes of online behavior (like ...
"I made a mistake - Hillis". The Herald. 26 September 1998. Retrieved 2 November 2015. Grant, Michael (23 July 2014). "'Prof' ... to look at how best to treat mental health issues encountered by footballers in Scotland was funded by the UEFA Research Grant ...
and University Grants Commission. The college became transferred in new building on March 1989. The college has 8 acres (32,000 ... The Library is constructed at the first floor of the college building. Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Deori "Census of India 2001 ... College Building, Playground and Garden are constructed in this land. The college has got the position of Post Graduate College ... Later on a temple was constructed at this place, after which the city was renamed as 'Deori', meaning the 'Abode of God'. It is ...
"Victoria Cowling made Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh". GRE. Retrieved 2019-03-02. "Tristan Henderson - University of ... In 2017, Cowling was awarded an ERC consolidator grant to investigate mRNA cap regulation and function in CD8 T cells. In 2018 ... "ERC Grants 2017" (PDF). amycameron (2018-06-28). "Professor Victoria Cowling receives Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit ...
In 2010, RXi received a National Institutes of Health grant of $600,000. By August 2010, the company had 30 employees. In April ... "At financial news sites, stock promoters make inroads - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blogTerm Sheet". CNN. Archived from the ... "At financial news sites, stock promoters make inroads". Fortune. March 20, 2014. Pearson, Richard (March 13, 2014). "Behind The ... Lang, Michelle (April 15, 2011). "RXi makes $12M securities offering". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 1 April 2012. Lang, ...
Pratap Singh of Jammu and Kashmir
Efforts were made to popularise education. In pursuance of the suggestions made in the report of 1916, many changes were made ... Grants were also budgeted. for the training of unqualified teachers at the Training College and normal schools at Lahore. Later ... The Government of India had made many attempts at the time of Ranbir Singh to raise the status of the Officer to that of a full ... Even a project to build a seventy nine-mile long mono-cable steel ropeway from Jammu to the village Doru (or Shahabad) and then ...
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The organization evaluated grants awarded from 2003 to 2015, which showed 122 grants given to 123 researchers, totaling over $ ... The passage of the Recalcitrant Cancer Research Act in 2012 called for the NCI to create a strategic plan for pancreatic and ... The organization offers grants for basic, translational and clinical research in pancreatic cancer to scientists and clinicians ... "Grants Program Evaluation Results". Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. Retrieved January 3, 2019. "Simeone Named Upcoming Chair ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
Projects are provided grants for a maximum of seven years. The budget granted by the Commission is €1-6 million per year ... "Research and innovation funding: making a real difference". European Commission. 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2018.. ... The budget granted by the Commission can reach several tens of million euros, paid as a fraction of the actual costs spent by ... Horizon 2020 provides grants to research and innovation projects through open and competitive calls for proposals. Legal ...
Lady Margaret Beaufort
... and King Henry VI granted Margaret's wardship to his own half-brothers, Jasper and Edmund Tudor. In her will, made ... as by granting Margaret the status of a femme sole, Henry and his Parliament made it possible to empower the King's Mother ... Most of these were made in the reign of Henry VIII and Elizabeth I as symbols of loyalty to the Tudor regime. They may be based ... Her tomb was created by Pietro Torrigiano, who probably arrived in England in 1509 and received the commission in the following ...
Blount JP, Louis RG, Tubbs RS, Grant JH (October 2007). "Pansynostosis: a review". Child's Nervous System. 23 (10): 1103-9. doi ... With the tests a pediatrician should perform, as explained above, the difference is quite easy to make. In deformational ... The patient is afterwards placed in a custom made molding helmet to correct the resting deformities of the skull. ... Despite the progress that has been made, many things are still not understood about the suture biology and the exact causative ...
35.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 18.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The ... The Eastern California Museum with extensive collections, exhibits, and programs; is located at 155 North Grant Street in ... 122 households (40.5%) were made up of individuals and 47 (15.6%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. ...
Holy Roman Empire
Translation of the grant of privileges to merchants in 1229: "Medieval Sourcebook: Privileges Granted to German Merchants at ... The King also made sure that his own court, the Reichshofrat, continued to operate in parallel to the Reichskammergericht. Also ... The Army of the Holy Roman Empire (German Reichsarmee, Reichsheer or Reichsarmatur; Latin exercitus imperii) was created in ... Though he had made his son Henry king of Sicily before marching on Germany, he still reserved real political power for himself ...
Other documentaries: Made in L.A. (2007); American Standoff (2002); The Fight in the Fields (1997); With Babies and Banners: ... He granted the union the compulsory check-off of union dues. Rand ruled that all workers in a bargaining unit benefit from a ... Davies, A. J. To Build a New Jerusalem: Labour Movement from the 1890s to the 1990s (1996). ... The 2010 British film Made in Dagenham, starring Sally Hawkins, dramatizes the Ford sewing machinists strike of 1968 that aimed ...
In 1952, she was cast in the leading role of the stage play The Time of the Cuckoo, which was later made into the movie ... She appeared in several movies during this time, including A Stranger in My Arms (1959). She made a comeback in Return to ... In 1951, she made a frantic call to her doctor and said that she had taken too many sleeping pills. She was taken to a hospital ... This article possibly contains original research. Please improve it by verifying the claims made and adding inline citations. ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
The academy became fully accredited as a degree-granting institution in the same year. It was made a permanent institution by ... the 3rd and Band Companies make up the 2nd Battalion, while the 4th and 5th Company make the 3rd Battalion. Company assignment ... If the members of the board make other visits to the academy, the board may prepare a report on such visit; and if approved by ... These majors grant midshipman a Third Mate license for work on steam or motor vessels of unlimited tonnage. ...
Traditional practices and beliefs from China, together with modifications made by the Communist party make up TCM. Common ... Jagtenberg T, Evans S, Grant A, Howden I, Lewis M, Singer J (2006). "Evidence-based medicine and naturopathy". J Altern ... and that can create depression and make the eventual treatment of the patient with anything effective difficult, because you ... "Faith Healing - Making Treatment Decisions". American Cancer Society. June 15, 2009.. *^ Aviles, Jennifer M.; Whelan, Sr Ellen ...
List of medical colleges in India
Swami Rama Himalayan University, Doiwala (adjacent to Jolly Grant/Dehradun Airport), Dehradun ...
She made her last film, Chloe, Love Is Calling You, in 1934 and moved on to stage work for a time. By the late 1930s, she had ... In November 1932, Borden petitioned the court for an annulment, which was granted on November 22, 1932. She married her ... She made several movies in the early 1930s but her career stalled. Her last screen credit came in 1934 in the film Chloe, Love ... By this point she was a major star but she found it difficult to make the transition from silent films to "talkies". She worked ...
Twin Sails Bridge
The bridge is constructed in five spans, with a total length of roughly 139 metres (456 ft). The approaches comprise two 27- ... 14.14 million government grant which was finally agreed in March 2010. ...
Short observed that decision-making in Pol Pot's Cambodia was "unruly", making it dissimilar from the centralised, organised ... 20 million grant. Many thousands of Chinese military advisors and technicians were also sent to the country to assist in ... Have you made mistakes or not? I don't know. Certainly you have. So rectify yourselves; do rectification!... The road is ... Seeking to create an agrarian socialist society that he believed would evolve into a communist society, Pol Pot's government ...
Guneratne, Arjun (2002). Many Tongues, One People: The Making of Tharu Identity in Nepal. Cornell University Press. ISBN ... Mookerjee opposed the Indian National Congress's decision to grant Kashmir a special status with its own flag and Prime ... This episode created a rift between the President and the then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, who was afraid that the ... Bahu Lao, Beti Bachao is a campaign by Bajrang Dal to encourage young Hindu men to marry non-Hindu girls and to create ...
Red king crabs make up over 90% of the annual king crab harvest. This crab is in the collection of the Children's Museum of ... University of Alaska Sea Grant College Program Report. pp. 327-348. ISBN 978-1-56612-068-5.. ... while blue king crabs prefer the deeper areas made up of cobble, gravel and rock that occur around the Pribilof, St. Matthew,[ ... "Giant crabs make Antarctic leap". BBC News.. *^ G. C. Jensen; D. A. Armstrong (1989). "Biennial reproductive cycle of blue ...
... but was later remodeled to what is now known as the Trophy Building. The Trophy Building now features an exhibit about the ... is covered with graffiti that express an admiration for the singer as well as petitions for help and thanks for favors granted. ... Before his death, two of Presley's albums made direct reference to Graceland: the 1974 release Elvis Recorded Live on Stage in ... Constructed at the top of a hill, in a grove of oaks, with rolling pastures surrounding, the house designed by Memphis ...
Persian music, Nowruz make it into UN heritage list, Press TV, 1 October 2009, PressTV.ir ... grant thee wisdom and insight and sagacity in thy affairs. Live long in praise, be happy and fortunate upon thy golden throne, ... They order and make new attires especially for the festival. On the day of Navroz, they dress in their new and best clothes and ... Another custom associated with Sizdah bedar is Lie of the Thirteen, which is the process of lying to someone and making them ...
List of aerospace engineering schools
Its status is granted as civilian and offers programmes in undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral studies. The university ... branch or the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex which is responsible for maintaining the PAF fleet and for manufacturing the JF-17 ... "Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering". Top Universities. 2017-03-02. Retrieved 2017-04-22.. ...
Group 3 element
... thus making the extraction of the electrons from the atom to form metallic bonding more difficult, and thus making the metal ... settled the dispute in 1909 by granting priority to Urbain and adopting his names as official ones. An obvious problem with ... Emsley, John (2001). Nature's building blocks: an A-Z guide to the elements. US: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-850341-5. . ... Emsley, John (2001). Nature's building blocks: an A-Z guide to the elements. US: Oxford University Press. pp. 240-242. ISBN 0- ...
Barnes KC, Grant AV, Hansel NN, Gao P, Dunston GM (2007). "African Americans with asthma: genetic insights". Proc Am Thorac Soc ... For example, repetition of a painful stimulus may make one more responsive to a loud noise. ...
Chief of Staff of the United States Army
Under delegation of authority made by the Secretary of the Army, the CSA designates army personnel and army resources to the ... Grant, thus serving in a different office and not as the senior officer in the army. ...
Edward Wilson Very
He entered the Academy in February 1863, he was granted a leave of absence in June 1864 for active service during the Civil War ...
I Parachute Battery (Bull's Troop) Royal Horse Artillery
... was officially granted to the battery on 13 October 1926. ... Create a book. *Download as PDF. *Printable version. Languages ...
"Making Medicaid Work" (PDF). www.policymattersohio.org.. *^ "Pregnant Illegal Aliens Overwhelming Emergency Medicaid". Newsmax. ... American Samoan, Puerto Rico, Guam, and The US Virgin Islands get a block grant instead. The matching rate provided to ... Medicaid was created to help low-asset people who fall into one of these eligibility categories "pay for some or all of their ... "Benefits Created by Dental Service Organizations" (PDF). Pacific Research Institute. Archived from the original (PDF) on March ...
Lower, Wendy (2006). Nazi Empire-Building and the Holocaust in Ukraine. Univ of North Carolina Press. p. 253. ISBN 0807876917. ... Timothy Snyder writes that Longerich "grants the significance of Greiser's murder of Jews by gas at Chełmno in December 1941", ... Kay, Alex J. (2016). The Making of an SS Killer. Cambridge University Press. pp. 57-62, 72. ISBN 1107146348. . The Vileyka ... Hitler made numerous predictions regarding the Holocaust of the Jews of Europe prior to the beginning of World War II. During a ...
McFarland, Grant (2006) Microprocessor design: a practical guide from design planning to manufacturing. McGraw-Hill ... the MOSFET made it possible to build high-density integrated circuits, allowing the integration of more than 10,000 ... but it was not possible to actually construct a working device at that time. The first working device to be built was a ... He proposed the MOS process could be used to build the first working silicon FET, which he began working on building with the ...
Unisex public toilet
New building codes usually do not apply retroactively. Thus, building owners may choose not to update existing features because ... The Human Rights Campaign, an LGBTQ advocacy group, recommends that employers grant access, and use, to public toilets ... With all things considered, many unisex public toilet designers are now creating plans in which urinals would be constructed in ... "Built Environment. 44: 52-76. doi:10.2148/benv.44.1.52.. *^ Menzel, Margie (March 17, 2015). "Moving forward: Transgender ...
Betteridge's law of headlines
Battistella, Edwin L (2009). Do You Make These Mistakes in English?: The Story of Sherwin Cody's Famous Language School. Oxford ... Hyde, Grant Milnor (1931). "Headline Writing". Newspaper Editing: A Manual for Editors, Copyreaders, and Students of Newspaper ... A similar observation was made by British newspaper editor Andrew Marr in his 2004 book My Trade, among Marr's suggestions for ... Lai, Linda; Farbrot, Audun (25 October 2013). "What makes you click? The effect of question headlines on readership in computer ...
Sandhya Srikant Visweswariah
Recipient of a Bill and Melinda Gates Grand Challenges Explorations Grant, 2014. ... she was awarded a Bill and Melinda Gates Grand Challenges Explorations Grant for her proposal entitled "A Small Animal Model ...
... was never built or even intended to be built. The judgment was later reversed on appeal. ... Grant and Larry Lea). The investigation, assisted by Trinity Foundation president Ole Anthony and broadcast on ABC's Primetime ... and the building was finally demolished in 2003 to make room for a new Dallas Stars-sponsored youth hockey center. ... Tilton is the author of several self-help books about financial success, including The Power to Create Wealth, God's Laws of ...
Where America's Large Foundations Make Their Grants - Google Books
Academy American Angeles Area Arts Association Atlanta Boston Boy Scouts Building Fund Cali California Cancer Capital Chicago ... gb-gplus-shareWhere Americas Large Foundations Make Their Grants. ... Denver Detroit Development Ended December 31 Federation Fellowships Florida fornia Georgia Goodwill Industries gram Grants ... books.google.comhttps://books.google.com/books/about/Where_America_s_Large_Foundations_Make_T.html?id=yTUkAQAAIAAJ&utm_source= ...
Grant Imahara Talks About His Robots | Make
Hear from Grant Imahara about his Hollywood Dream Machines, Energizer Bunny, Artoo robot, and the spider robot that almost ... and built many awesome robots. All in the name of science. Before MythBusters, Grant lit the lights in R2-D2s dome and gave ... and built many awesome robots. All in the name of science. Before MythBusters, Grant lit the lights in R2-D2s dome and gave ... and built many awesome robots. All in the name of science. Before MythBusters, Grant lit the lights in R2-D2s dome and gave ...
Summary Judgment Partly Granted In Dispute Over Burnt Manufactured Home
Young Investigators Initiative Grant Mentoring Program | HMRC-CREATE
CDC - Grantee Highlights - Washington - Building Health from the Community Up - Block Grant (PHHSBG)
Members of the HLC decided to create a community health worker (CHW) program, a strategy designed to empower people to make ... When a CHW experiences success in making a healthy life change, community members are likewise inspired to make positive ... The CHWs are listening to what the community says it needs and are creating opportunities for healthy changes. The CHWs also ... The CHW project, which was started in response to a suggestion made during a community meeting, is finding ways to help ...
Guide to Grant: What makes Pittsburgh Foundation CEO Oliphant tick? - Pittsburgh Business Times
The Foundation created the Legacy Fund in the heart of the recession. Why did it choose then to make such a dramatic change in ... Grant Oliphants five years at the helm of the 14th-largest community foundation in the U.S., introduced initiatives in ... Grant Oliphant is this weeks profile in our new Pittsburgh Business Times feature, Personalities of Pittsburgh. Heres the ... I could see it, but it only makes sense if they initiate it. Were not going out to try and absorb anyone. ...
Building Blocks of Life grants
Grants awarded for Building Blocks of Life. Sugary building blocks of cells. Prof. J.M.F.G. Aerts, Leiden University - Sanofi ... The Building Blocks of Life programme will provide a more in-depth understanding of the building blocks of life, while also ... The funding made available within the Building Blocks of Life programme is intended to strengthen multidisciplinary ... Exactly how archaea make these membrane lipids is still something of a mystery. This study aims to solve this puzzle by feeding ...
France Awards 'Make Our Planet Great Again' Climate Grants - Truthdig
... "the concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing noncompetitive." After ... climate change donald trump emmanuel macron france grants make the planet great again science ... Macron seems to be riffing off Trumps campaign slogan, naming the research awards "Make Our Planet Great Again" grants. ... France Awards Make Our Planet Great Again Climate Grants by Emily Wells ...
Grant Building - Wikipedia
CDC - Grantee Highlights - Minnesota - Reducing Farm Injuries by Making Equipment Safer - Block Grant (PHHSBG)
PHHS Block Grant funds helped MDH support a program to make farm equipment safer, such as this tractor with a rollover ... In 2015, COHS partnered with two other state agencies to create a program to help farmers install the ROPS on their tractors. ... The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) used a portion of its Preventive Health and Health Services (PHHS) Block Grant funding ... The program offers a 70% rebate to farmers for installing a ROPS on any tractor built before 1987. ...
Grant Building (Pittsburgh) - Wikipedia
"Grant Building". CTBUH Skyscraper Center. Grant Building at Emporis "Grant Building". SkyscraperPage. Grant Building at ... ISBN 0-8139-2650-5. Media related to Grant Building at Wikimedia Commons Grant Building at Skyscrapers.com Grant Building at ... The Grant Building is 40-story, 147.8 m (485 ft) skyscraper at 310 Grant Street in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The ... Grant Building advertisement from 1930 List of tallest buildings in Pittsburgh List of state and county courthouses in ...
3 ways to make consumer trust soar | Grant Thornton
2020 Grant Thornton LLP - "Grant Thornton" refers to the brand under which the Grant Thornton member firms provide assurance, ... Find out how to make it happen. Contacts: Derek Han. Principal. Cyber Risk Leader, Grant Thornton. T +1 312 602 8940. Chris ... 3 ways to make consumer trust soar Consumer-centric privacy practices make for strong bonds ̶ and a stronger bottom line August ... GTIL refers to Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). Grant Thornton LLP is a member firm of GTIL. GTIL and each member firm ...
Infrastructure and Capacity Building Challenge Grants | National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
... program is to strengthen the institutional base of the humanities by enabling infrastructure development and capacity building. ... Register for a SAM number and an account on Grants.gov As soon as you know youre ready to apply for this grant, make sure you ... Infrastructure and Capacity Building Challenge Grants. Office of Challenge Programs THE DEADLINE FOR THIS CYCLE HAS PASSED. ... Verify you have received email messages from Grants.gov. After you submit your application, Grants.gov will send you up to five ...
Xconomy: MI Startup Wins Grant to Make Medical Devices for Developing World
Sisu has created the Hemafuse, a patent-pending, blood autotransfusion device that looks like a large syringe and is used to ... "The goal is to make the Hemafuse less expensive.". Though Sisu Global Health is a double bottom line company-one just as ... "With the $250,000, well be able to do injection molding to make prototypes of our device for regulatory testing," Kirsch says ... Ultimately, Sisu Global Health wants to create a pipeline of inexpensive, functional medical devices for use in the developing ...
UT Knox gets $2.8M grant to make veterinary care more accessible
2.8 million grant to the University of Tennessees Pet Health Equity program. ... University of Tennessee, Knoxville gets $2.8M grant to make veterinary care more accessible. Tyler Wombles, Knoxville News ... University of Tennessee, Knoxville gets $2.8M grant to make veterinary care more accessible. Maddies Fund, a group that ... University of Tennessee, Knoxville gets $2.8M grant to make veterinary care more accessible Maddies Fund, a group that ...
UK Grants 1st License to Make Babies Using DNA From 3 People
... March 16, 2017. May 15, 2017. ASSOCIATED PRESS ... The license granted to Newcastle University relates only to the clinics capacity to perform the techniques, Britains ... Last year, U.S.-based doctors announced they had created the worlds first baby using such techniques, after traveling to ... LONDON (AP) - Britains Newcastle University says its scientists have received a license to create babies using DNA from three ...
DNAStar Receives Phase I SBIR Grant to Build Antibody Engineering Software | Genomeweb
The National Institutes of Health has awarded a Small Business Innovation Research grant to DNAStar to fund the development of ... DNAStar Receives Phase I SBIR Grant to Build Antibody Engineering Software May 14, 2012 , staff reporter ... In a statement, DNAStar VP and GM Tom Schwei said that the company has for several years been building "a foundation for our ... He said that the NIH grant "will help us move quickly to develop a key component of our vision for our proteomics suite - ...
UCSF-STANFORD: Grant Could Create Premier Children's Center | California Healthline
UCSF-STANFORD: Grant Could Create Premier Childrens Center. UCSF-Stanford Health Care is poised to receive a "huge grant" of ... As news of the grants "first trickled out at a meeting of the UC Board of Regents last week," UCSF-Stanford President Peter Van ... Etten said the total grant package, including matching funds, could amount to "several hundreds of millions of dollars." ...
Fertility Grants Up to $10,000 Made Possible by Shady Grove Fertility (SGF) and the Cade Foundation, Deadline July 1, 2020, for...
With the grant application deadline on July 1, 2020, SGF, a longtime supporter of the Tinina Q. Cade Foundation, reminds ... Stephen Greenhouse Grant when they apply for a Family Building Grant.. To make a contribution in support of these grants, ... Stephen J. Greenhouse Grant (available only to SGF patients).. The Tinina Q. Cade Foundations Family Building Grant is an ... The grant assists with the costs associated with infertility treatment or domestic adoption. Family Building Grants can take ...
CEOs make money from negative information released prior to stock option grants | EurekAlert! Science News
CEOs, who control the release and tenor of the information, see higher future gains when options are granted while the share ... that companies release more negative news during the period immediately before stock options are granted to their CEOs, which ... CEOs make money from negative information released prior to stock option grants New research finds that despite regulations, ... CEOs make money from negative information released prior to stock option grants. Lehigh University ...
Locally made anti-pain device for amputees gets grant from Department of Defense - cleveland.com
2.77 million grant from the U.S. Department of Defense for a clinical trial on how its Smartpatch device might help amputees ... Locally made anti-pain device for amputees gets grant from Department of Defense Updated Jan 12, 2019; Posted Oct 04, 2012 ... Now, with this grant, well go to the next phase, to study the pain relief over a longer term. ... The Department of Defense grant will allow the company to test the Smartpatch PNS on men and women who suffer from pain after ...
Desktop Genetics, Imperial College London Receive $430K Grant to Build CRISPR Software | GenomeWeb
Home » Tools & Technology » Informatics » Desktop Genetics, Imperial College London Receive $430K Grant to Build CRISPR ... Desktop Genetics, Imperial College London Receive $430K Grant to Build CRISPR Software Feb 22, 2016 ... This webinar will present a case study from in vitro diagnostics developer SpeeDx on its experience building a complete sample- ... Case Study: An IVD Manufacturers Experience Building a Complete Sample-to-Result Workflow. ...
Manufacturing Modernisation Fund Grant Recipients - Large scale projects | business.gov.au
Manufacturing Modernisation Fund. Manufacturing Modernisation Fund Grant Recipients - Large scale projects. Last Updated: 26 ... Phase Four - Advanced Manufacturing For Automotive. Melbourne Airport. VIC. Droneshield Limited. $120,486. $481,944. Build ... Transforming manufacturing for global markets. Glynde. SA. Seer Medical Pty Ltd. $1,000,000. $5,201,250. Manufacturing ... Modernising Manufacturing through Internalising Manufacturing Processes. Heidelberg West. VIC. Country Chef Bakeries Pty Ltd. $ ...
Make it: Managing margin/revenue implications of capital assets | Grant Thornton
2021 Grant Thornton LLP - "Grant Thornton" refers to the brand under which the Grant Thornton member firms provide assurance, ... GTIL refers to Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). Grant Thornton LLP is a member firm of GTIL. GTIL and each member firm ... The name "Grant Thornton," the Grant Thornton logo, including the Mobius symbol/device, and "Instinct for Growth" are ... Capital assets can be managed to deliver cost savings and value over time, making it a prime area for focus. CFOs/ CIOs/COOs ...
Studying grant decision-making: a linguistic analysis of review reports | SpringerLink
This paper contributes to the understanding of the grant selection... ... Peer and panel review are the dominant forms of grant decision-making, despite its serious weaknesses as shown by many studies ... The ERC Starting Grants are probably the most prestigious grant for early career researchers. The grant is large (1.5-2 million ... A literature review on the social dynamics of decision making in grant panels. Research Evaluation, 23(4), 298-311.CrossRef ...
Arts council simplifying grants programs to make room for emerging arts
The Canada Council for the Arts is simplifying its grants programs in an effort to keep up with a growing shift towards ... "By making our grant structure more open and flexible, we can better meet the ever-evolving needs of Canadas dynamic arts ... The new grant programs include one focused on aboriginal arts and one aimed at promoting Canadian artists global profile. ... OTTAWA - The Canada Council for the Arts is simplifying its grants programs in an effort to keep up with a growing shift ...
Local Wish Kid helping Make-A-Wish grant other wishes | WHAM
It can be tough for the Fortunato family, but theyve been able to get through those times ever since Make-A-Wish granted ... And Cecily is making sure that happens. She was picked by Make-A-Wish to compete in this years Wish Star Battle, raising money ... Cecily Fortunato, 6, will have her wish granted by Make-A-Wish next month. In the meantime, shes representing Team Rochester ... Make-A-Wish of Western New York grants about 150 wishes every year. ...
CDC grant creates Indiana Center of Excellence in Public Health Informatics | Healthcare IT News
4.8 million grant to researchers at Indiana University and the Regenstrief Institute to create the Indiana Center of Excellence ... 4.8 million grant to researchers at Indiana University and the Regenstrief Institute to create the Indiana Center of Excellence ... And by building on existing proven technology already used for clinical healthcare, we minimize development costs and rapidly ... The five-year award builds upon the capabilities of the Indiana Network for Patient Care to securely exchange health ...
Young researcher receives grant to make gas turbines greener | Imperial News | Imperial College London
Young researcher receives grant to make gas turbines greener. by Michael Jones 31 January 2013 ... At the end of 2012, the ERC announced the successful applicants for its research grants. Imperial received 11 project grants ... Imperial scientists receive grants of over 25m from ERC Featured. * Professor Aimee Morgans Department of Mechanical ... Comment on Genes that make children susceptible to severe Kawasaki disease identified: The above question is also bugging me. ...
Make-A-Wish grants Missouri girl's dream: Trailing cattle in Montana | Local | billingsgazette.com
Make-A-Wish grants Missouri girls dream: Trailing cattle in Montana *By JAN FALSTAD [email protected] ... For her Make-A-Wish dream, the soccer midfielder from Cape Girardeau, Mo., wanted to ride a horse on a real Montana cattle ... Eighty percent of Make-A-Wish participants live into adulthood.. -The Billings office opened in January 2011 and serves all 56 ... "This was the first time Make-a-Wish in Missouri had to help plan a trip to a ranch," Jenny Fulmer said about her daughter. " ...
20172020Applicants10,000CentersRecipientsMillion grant2018ProgramResearchGood ManufactDepartment of DefeSupport2019InitiativesScientistsGranteesSearchOutcomesCountry'sGlobal FundFundsChildren with critical illnessesAdvocacyEligibleHopesStrengthen30,000Company'sAmericaInfrastructureNonprofitCommunity250,000CoronavirusFoundationAutismGovernment grantsProjectAimsProcessesUltimatelyNewsCapacityWishesImplementTimeMedicinal900,000PartnershipCenterFindingsProjectsFundingProgressYearAfricaInitiativeAnnouncementClinicalStrongerMolecularImproveOrganizationsInnovation2000WebinarWorld'sExclusivityNursing Creating
- Hawaii's land board on Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017, granted a construction permit for a giant telescope on a mountain that Native Hawaiians consider sacred, a project that has divided the state. (phys.org)
- The grant period will run from 1st August 2016 to end of November 2017 (including time for granting and full reporting as well as all activities). (minorityrights.org)
- Despite the fact that the Technical Review Panel noted the lack of interventions targeting men who have sex with men, and transgendered persons, when it reviewed Ethiopia's HIV concept note from the 2014-2016 allocations, the TB/HIV funding request for 2017-2019 made no mention of these populations. (aidspan.org)
- Four grants emanating from the request were approved by the Board in December 2017. (aidspan.org)
- On 23 May 2017, Tanzania requested $703.4 million from the Global Fund for its HIV, TB and malaria programs as well as for building resilient and sustainable systems for health. (aidspan.org)
- With the grant application deadline on July 1, 2020, SGF, a longtime supporter of the Tinina Q. Cade Foundation, reminds interested applicants to apply for two grants that are available at this time: the general Cade Foundation Family Building Grant (available to anyone who has infertility), and the Dr. Stephen J. Greenhouse Grant (available only to SGF patients). (prweb.com)
- Grant-making during the 2020-2022 cycle looks at lessons learned from past cycles for Country Coordinating Mechanisms, Principal Recipients, Local Fund Agents and the Global Fund Secretariat to work together to develop high-quality grants. (theglobalfund.org)
- In anticipation of making the awards, Macron earlier this year invited potential applicants to vie for the chance to conduct their research at French institutions such as the Sorbonne. (truthdig.com)
- She was among six successful Imperial applicants for the grant. (imperial.ac.uk)
- At the end of 2012, the ERC announced the successful applicants for its research grants. (imperial.ac.uk)
- Grant applicants reported generally high levels of satisfaction with the applications process. (nao.org.uk)
- Eligible applicants for the HVCP grant are private nonprofit organizations with a nationally-focused mission to promote education, workforce development, employment or retention. (medindia.net)
- The Tinina Q. Cade Foundation's Family Building Grant is an annual award that provides up to $10,000 to needy, infertile families. (prweb.com)
- Marcio Faerman, a scientific research manager at the Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC), recently received a $10,000 grant from a joint partnership between The Ohio State University and the Sao Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP). (osc.edu)
- The PMBC COVID-19 Emergency Access and Retooling Grants program will award grants of $10,000 to $150,000 to companies that can quickly and effectively manufacture critical health and human service supplies. (rightplace.org)
- Of the programmes examined by the NAO the average cost of making an award ranged from £380 to nearly £10,000. (nao.org.uk)
- Currently, more than 10,000 Disney wishes are granted every year, and the number continues to grow. (webwire.com)
- In partnership with Federally Qualified Health Centers, safety-net clinics, counseling services and regional community projects, Methodist Healthcare Ministries' goal is to create measurable impact at the community and regional levels. (mhm.org)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has awarded a $4.8 million grant to researchers at Indiana University and the Regenstrief Institute to create the Indiana Center of Excellence in Public Health Informatics, one of only four such centers in the nation. (healthcareitnews.com)
- NurOwn® is a novel advanced stem cell therapy now being studied in a multi-site Phase 3 pivotal trial at leading ALS centers, and we look forward to making it available to patients through innovative regulatory pathways. (epicos.com)
- CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Partners with National Association of Community Health Centers to Create Innovative Grant Program Focused on Managing Chron. (bio-medicine.org)
- Beginning in 2013, grants will be made available to community health centers across the country to support the development of innovative, community-based programs and initiatives to manage chronic diseases. (bio-medicine.org)
- NIST waded through over 100 proposals over the past few months and has now approved proposals and funding for five new scientific research facilities, including two that will concentrate on nano technologies The institute will give a total of $50 million for centers that will construct new labs or expand on existing ones. (ceramics.org)
- Thirteen of the 18 recipients of the grants announced this week were American, according to The Guardian, which said that the money would be used in part to relocate research projects to France for the remainder of Trump's term. (truthdig.com)
- Join us for a Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Research Grantee Kick-off Meeting and Webinar announcing grant recipients awarded under the Request for Applications (RFA) Healthy Schools: Environmental Factors, Children's Health and Performance, and Sustainable Building Practices . (epa.gov)
- Costs were highest where the grant-maker undertook significant work to help potential recipients develop applications or where they employed experts, such as surveyors and architects to support high value building projects. (nao.org.uk)
- Recipients must implement programs that help students make progress toward meeting their state standards for physical education. (ed.gov)
- Malawi is one of the top recipients of Global Fund grants. (aidspan.org)
- Maddie's Fund, a group that promotes pet adoption, has given a $2.8 million grant to the University of Tennessee's Pet Health Equity program. (knoxnews.com)
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville's College of Social Work Program for Pet Health Equity has received a $2.8 million grant to improve access to veterinary care for those who cannot afford it. (knoxnews.com)
- The canine and feline residents of the Milton Animal League's shelter will soon have their cramped quarters expanded thanks to a $1 million grant from the Copeland Family Foundation. (bostonglobe.com)
- MILTON - An animal shelter here received an early Christmas present when a local charity gave it a $1 million grant. (bostonglobe.com)
- BERKELEY, Calif., Aug. 20, 2013 - A University of California, Berkeley, researcher whose team generated a 67-attosecond pulse of extreme UV laser light last summer has received a $6.9 million grant from DARPA to make the pulse 1000 times stronger. (photonics.com)
- The National Institutes of Health has awarded a $13 million grant over five years to develop and disseminate new stem cell-based technologies and assays for studying autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other mental health diseases to a consortium of researchers at the University of California, San Diego and the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, working in tandem with leaders in the biotechnology sector. (ucsd.edu)
- Julius Fridriksson aims to change this with a five-year, $11.1 million grant from the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) that will create the Center for the Study of Aphasia Recovery. (sc.edu)
- Rajesh Shende, associate professor in the chemical and biological engineering department at the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology has received a $2.16 million grant from the Department of Energy's Bioenergy Technologies Office to research and demonstrate cost-effective ways to turn waste from biorefineries, such as ethanol plants, into valuable products. (krvn.com)
- A project funded by a $5.5 million grant from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development to study children and adults with autism who are considered to be high-functioning in everyday life. (brightsurf.com)
- This grant is part of a much larger $437 million grant from the US government to the government of Niger through the Millennium Challenge Corporation to increase agriculture and livestock productivity and facilitate market access for smallholder producers. (foodnavigator-usa.com)
- The Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research has received a three-year, $7 million grant from the National Human Genome Research Institute to develop chip- based genome sequencing machines that can sequence 7 million DNA letters per day, or 2 billion letters per year. (bio-medicine.org)
- The Dr. Stephen Greenhouse Grant is a grant specifically designated for an SGF patient to honor the memory and legacy of Dr. Greenhouse, an SGF physician and practice leader who died in an accident in July of 2018. (prweb.com)
- The Walt Disney Company today launched its 2018 Share Your Ears campaign, benefiting Make-A-Wish. (webwire.com)
- From now through November 17, 2018, Disney will donate US $5, up to a total of US $2 million, to Make-A-Wish for every public photo posted showing off Mickey Mouse ears or any creative ears on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #ShareYourEars. (webwire.com)
- HACKENSACK, N.J. and PETACH TIKVA, Israel, Jan. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: BCLI), a leading developer of adult stem cell technologies for neurodegenerative diseases, today announced it has received Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) approval from the Israel Ministry of Health (MoH) for its Israeli contract manufacturing facility. (epicos.com)
- Members of the HLC decided to create a community health worker (CHW) program, a strategy designed to empower people to make changes in the way they live. (cdc.gov)
- Grant Oliphant 's five years at the helm of the 14th-largest community foundation in the U.S., introduced initiatives in journalism, higher education and politics, launched the Pittsburgh Promise scholarship program for the students of the Pittsburgh Public Schools, and developed PittsburghGives, an on-line giving and research portal for local nonprofits. (bizjournals.com)
- Recently, the program made the first of what it hopes will be many grants to public interest lawyers. (law.com)
- Seed money contributed by the New York Bar Foundation, the association's philanthropic arm, resulted recently in the first five grants under the Student Loan Assistance Program. (law.com)
- In 2015, COHS partnered with two other state agencies to create a program to help farmers install the ROPS on their tractors. (cdc.gov)
- The program offers a 70% rebate to farmers for installing a ROPS on any tractor built before 1987. (cdc.gov)
- PHHS Block Grant funds helped MDH support a program to make farm equipment safer, such as this tractor with a rollover protective structure. (cdc.gov)
- NEH and COVID-19: NEH is accepting, reviewing, and processing grant applications on its normal schedule, as posted on the introductory page of each program. (neh.gov)
- The purpose of the Challenge Grants program is to strengthen the institutional base of the humanities by enabling infrastructure development and capacity building. (neh.gov)
- The grant is an absolute godsend because it reflects Maddie's Fund's vision about new ways to achieve better outcomes for more pets and their people," said UT Pet Health Equity Program Director Michael Blackwell, former dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine. (knoxnews.com)
- The pulse already provides a new tool to view quantum mechanics in action, and the agency hopes to make it even stronger with its Program in Ultrafast Laser Science and Engineering (PULSE). (photonics.com)
- Faerman's research, one of 24 projects awarded under this new program, focuses on the beginning stages of building a digital bridge for research collaboration between OSU and the Sao Paulo campuses. (osc.edu)
- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation's Pure Michigan Business Connect program has launched a new grant program providing a total of $1 million in grants to Michigan's small manufacturers looking to retool and produce critical health and human service supplies in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. (rightplace.org)
- The grant is part of the NIH program for Cryo-EM Curriculum Development. (purdue.edu)
- When applying for the CPF grant for Realo's Transition to Wellness Program, Nunemacher's goal was to show that involving pharmacists in the hospital discharge process could lower readmission rates. (pharmacytimes.com)
- The grants are awarded from the Carol M. White Physical Education Program. (ed.gov)
- Since the program began in 2001, the Department has awarded more than $591 million in grants. (ed.gov)
- The grant program is managed by the Department's Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools, which supports efforts to create safe schools, ensure the health and well being of students, teach students good citizenship and character, respond to crisis, and prevent drug and alcohol abuse. (ed.gov)
- For additional information on the PEP grant program, visit http://www2.ed.gov/programs/whitephysed/index.html . (ed.gov)
- The grant is part of a 10-year, $500 million program - called the Patient Care Program - announced Tuesday by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation to eliminate all preventable harm to patients in hospitals. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The new patient care program builds on a nursing initiative the foundation said has improved the care of adult patients in Northern California. (sun-sentinel.com)
- With month's congressional budget deal preserving level funding for the Investing in Innovation Fund (i3) and with the passage of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), through which i3 will be given new life as the Education Innovation and Research program, we are witnessing renewed investments in federal efforts to build and use evidence of What Works in education. (wtgrantfoundation.org)
- In this entry, I argue for building a complementary infrastructure focused on program improvement. (wtgrantfoundation.org)
- From 2011-2014, the William T. Grant and Spencer Foundations sponsored a learning community of program developers and practitioners funded through i3, a group I refer to as "practicing innovators. (wtgrantfoundation.org)
- The community foundation administers the Program for Nonprofit Effectiveness , a capacity building grant program for nonprofit groups engaged in community building work in the state of Maine. (mainecf.org)
- Not only did the grant program change the way public health departments and other health organizations work together to address the growing crisis of higher rates of chronic disease, but it changed the way other sectors work with public health. (publichealthnewswire.org)
- Medical Assistant Residency: Building a Robust and Realistic Program. (uclahealth.org)
- This what the program does - it teaches you how these things can make a huge difference in your school's environment and in your community. (browardschools.com)
- Judy Bremner, program grants facilitator, and Phillip Shaver, Student Services Department leadership team member, credit the program for giving students an opportunity to be part of creating safe, inclusive school cultures. (browardschools.com)
- I feel very empowered to be in such a program because it's really making a lot of progress," said St. Hubert. (browardschools.com)
- With its focus on the treatment and management of chronic illnesses, specifically heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and asthma, the "Innovations in Community Health" grant program aligns with CVS Caremark's purpose to help people on their path to better health. (bio-medicine.org)
- The National Science Foundation (NSF), in cooperation with interagency and international partners, recently made the first round of awards under a program that supports multi- and interdisciplinary science important to understanding the predictability, resiliency and sustainability of the natural and living environment, built environment, natural resource development and governance of the Arctic. (bio-medicine.org)
- The program recognizes that there are gaps in the scientific understanding of the rapidly changing environmental, social, economic, built and managed systems in the Arctic as well as their complex interactions and, as result, deficiencies in the science that guides policymaking. (bio-medicine.org)
- Professional development is central to the GIFTED program and will enable the women leaders to make the changes they envision in their communities," Koenig said. (nyu.edu)
- The project, funded by a $900,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Institute of Food and Agriculture program could potentially save both financial and water resources. (thefencepost.com)
- NIST announced this Construction Grant Program in February . (ceramics.org)
- Workshops are facilitated by Angelina Hamilton Steiner , grants manager in the Notre Dame Office of Advancement and Tracey Meilander , Ph.D., associate professor of biology, Choose Ohio First [email protected] program director and co-director of community-based learning at the College. (notredamecollege.edu)
- With the Building Blocks of Life programme, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO), the Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development (ZonMw), the Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter (FOM), and the STW Technology Foundation have awarded over ten million euros to researchers in sixteen different public-private consortia. (nwo.nl)
- The research of the multidisciplinary teams involved will focus on obtaining a better understanding of cellular systems, from the perspective of molecular building blocks. (nwo.nl)
- Macron seems to be riffing off Trump's campaign slogan, naming the research awards "Make Our Planet Great Again" grants. (truthdig.com)
- Trump's withdrawal of the U.S. from the Paris Climate Accord-a 2015 agreement aimed at combating global warming-created a disadvantage for American climate scientists and the United Nations, whose climate research funding has historically come from the U.S. (truthdig.com)
- The grant is from Maddie's Fund to support research and development of AlignCare, which aims to help underserved families get care for their animals. (knoxnews.com)
- It's what research and work into AlignCare, with help from Maddie's Fund's grant, is hoping to fix. (knoxnews.com)
- The University of Tennessee as a land grant university has a threefold mission: education, research and service," Blackwell said. (knoxnews.com)
- NEW YORK (GenomeWeb News) - The National Institutes of Health has awarded a Small Business Innovation Research grant to DNAStar to fund the development of software for engineering antibodies. (genomeweb.com)
- New research shows, however, that companies release more negative news during the period immediately before stock options are granted to their CEOs, which financially benefits the CEOs. (eurekalert.org)
- The analysis shows that the performance of the applicant and the content of the proposed study are assessed with the same categories, suggesting that the panelists actually do not make a difference between past performance and promising new research ideas. (springer.com)
- For the next five years, Dr Morgans (Aeronautics) will receive funding for her research into lower emissions for gas turbine combustors following a successful grant application to the European Research Council (ERC). (imperial.ac.uk)
- The mother of two, who joined the College in 2007, can now dedicate a significant portion of her work-based time to building up her research group and driving her research forwards. (imperial.ac.uk)
- By establishing an institute for collaborative research on attosecond science, we create the potential for major breakthroughs in our understanding of the role of ultrafast electron dynamics. (photonics.com)
- Research and innovation developments in areas of shared interests between Sao Paulo and Ohio that will benefit from these advanced network services include medicine, physics and agriculture, as well as large instrument areas such as astronomy, manufacturing and engineering. (osc.edu)
- WIKIMEDIA, US EMBASSY FRANCE French President Emmanuel Macron announced the first 18 winners of the deliberately named "Make Our Planet Great Again" research grants yesterday (December 11). (the-scientist.com)
- Each worth up to €1.5 million (around $1.7 million), the three- to five-year grants offer climate scientists frustrated with the funding opportunities in the U.S. and elsewhere the chance to relocate to institutions in France to continue their research. (the-scientist.com)
- These grants were awarded in support of research projects that focus on studying the relationship between environmental factors in K-12 educational facilities and the safety, health, and academic performance of children, and the effectiveness of teachers and staff. (epa.gov)
- A research project that is expected to revolutionise the building industry has won the University of South Australia (UniSA) one of only eight ARUP Global Research Grants. (architectureanddesign.com.au)
- Clear goals were outlined from the beginning of the research process, and included reducing building waste and greenhouse gas emissions, and creating new business opportunities. (architectureanddesign.com.au)
- Tae Hong Park, an associate professor of music technology and composition, has received a $59,000 Google Research Award for "Citygram One: Visualizing Urban Acoustic Ecology," a large-scale interdisciplinary project that seeks to create a sound map for cities and urban environments. (nyu.edu)
- Citygram One' is part of a research effort that will create the next-generation of interactive mapping. (nyu.edu)
- PITTSBURGH--Carnegie Mellon University and University of Pittsburgh researchers have received nearly $16 million to collaborate on a first-ever research effort that will use brain imaging to analyze complex human thought processes--how people make plans, make decisions under time pressure or solve problems. (brightsurf.com)
- This new research direction builds on the Carnegie Mellon's pioneering role in building computer models of complex thought, bringing it together with the University of Pittsburgh's Magnetic Resonance Research Center's ability to measure the dynamic unfolding of thought processes using specialized MRI scanners. (brightsurf.com)
- A grant of almost $5 million awarded by the National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke (centered in the Magnetic Resonance Research Center at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and headed by its director, Keith Thulborn), will develop new cutting-edge imaging methodologies to be used in future fMRI work. (brightsurf.com)
- Two thyroid cancer researchers studying the molecular signals and biochemical pathways that determine the metastatic potential and aggressiveness of human thyroid tumors were awarded research grants from the American Thyroid Association (ATA) and ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc. (ThyCa) in 2013. (thyroid.org)
- The ATA Research committee has recently reviewed their progress and approved funding for the second year grant. (thyroid.org)
- The premise of ArcSEES is that fundamental research is needed to understand the integrated Arctic system in this era of rapid change, how sustainability is defined the context of rapid change, whether necessary data and statistical techniques are available to make the desired assessment and to understand the stability and predictability of the Arctic system state. (bio-medicine.org)
- The suite of projects supported by the first round of grants reflects the diversity of research necessary to inform sustainability science and co-develop relevant policy, mitigation and adaptation strategies with Arctic residents. (bio-medicine.org)
- Awarding 20% of all NIH enviro grant dollars into research on enviro triggers in foreign countries makes no sense and is not what Congress wants to see. (ageofautism.com)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln researchers will use the Arable Mark IOT device to record 40 variables in Nebraska farm fields as part of a research effort to improve data farmers use to make irrigation decisions. (thefencepost.com)
- The consortium partners, which also includes Monash University as an academic collaboration partner, will cooperate to establish a pilot-scale "Good Manufacturing Practice" (GMP) facility to manufacture biologics, by expanding the Protein Production Facility (PPF) platform at CSIRO's Clayton campus, adjacent to Monash University. (ptcommunity.com)
Department of Defe2
- The Department of Defense grant will allow the company to test the Smartpatch PNS on men and women who suffer from pain after amputation that resulted from combat injuries. (cleveland.com)
- A Department of Defense grant of almost $3 million to measure the mental workloads that information workers encounter in high technology environments. (brightsurf.com)
- We hope to be able to expand SLAPI to make assistance available to more young lawyers through the additional financial support of private law firms," he said. (law.com)
- The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) used a portion of its Preventive Health and Health Services (PHHS) Block Grant funding to support activities of the Center for Occupational Health and Safety (COHS) to reduce farm-related injuries. (cdc.gov)
- Awards aim to help institutions secure long-term support for their core activities and expand efforts to preserve and create access to outstanding humanities materials. (neh.gov)
- Our grant-making is rooted in partnerships that support access to care, integrated delivery systems, patient-centered models and the Social Determinants of Health . (mhm.org)
- To make a contribution in support of these grants, please visit the Cade Foundation . (prweb.com)
- Greenbelt Alliance - $65,000 over 24 months for the Creating Healthy Places: A Model for Neighborhood-Level Planning project to implement the health promoting language in the revised San Jose General Plan in the West San Carlos/Bascom neighborhood and to support the passage of the Mountain View General Plan with strong health promoting language. (healthtrust.org)
- Youth Alliance - $100,000 over 24 months for the Youth Advocates for Health project to build advocacy capacity of youth to promote and make policy and environmental changes to support healthy eating and physical activity in Hollister. (healthtrust.org)
- The Health Trust received matched funding from the Convergence Partnership Fund of Tides Foundation to support these grants. (healthtrust.org)
- Businesses can use the funds to support the purchase of equipment necessary to manufacture critical supplies, logistics and shipping costs of procuring necessary equipment, technology upgrades and other costs related to operationalizing new product lines. (rightplace.org)
- Grants awarded in the culture, media and sport sector support a diverse range of programmes, from funding education schemes for children to getting more people involved in sport. (nao.org.uk)
- For example, the IDEA Public Schools were awarded an i3 development grant to expand professional development to 600 new teachers, 400 instructional leaders, 24 new principals, and 160 aspiring teacher leaders to support the human-capital pipeline in the Rio Grande Valley. (wtgrantfoundation.org)
- Jon Stettner, president and CEO of Make-A-Wish International added, We are so grateful to Disney, and its guests and fans worldwide, for their ongoing support. (webwire.com)
- Grants will be awarded to support projects that use virtual service-delivery models to promote career opportunities in healthcare and other high-growth sectors. (medindia.net)
- ArcSEES grants support academic, management, indigenous and industry scientists. (bio-medicine.org)
- Florida, USA, 10 July 2006: The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has awarded the Florida State University (FSU) Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies (COAPS) a $6.2 million, five-year grant to support the development of a model that may more accurately predict the number of hurricanes in an upcoming season, according to COAPS Director Emeritus James O'Brien, the Robert O. Lawton Professor of Meteorology and Oceanography and state climatologist. (geospatialworld.net)
- Telix Co-Founder and CEO Dr. Christian Behrenbruch stated, "Australian SME biotech companies like Telix currently invest millions of dollars overseas each year running GMP manufacturing campaigns to support Phase I and Phase II programs. (ptcommunity.com)
- This unique and esteemed funding arrangement received a substantial gift from CSIRO, made possible from proceeds of its fast wireless local area network (WLAN) technology, facilitating the rejuvenated Fund to be a mechanism for significant support of science in Australia. (ptcommunity.com)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has promised to build a toilet in every home by 2019 in a bid to stamp out open defecation. (arabnews.com)
- These are the places you have to come work in to develop new initiatives for our planet," the "Make Our Planet Great Again" website reads . (truthdig.com)
- CIOs are building relationships as trusted business partners who help drive and measure strategic initiatives, transforming IT from a cost center to a trust center. (grantthornton.com)
- Minority Rights Group International and the People's Empowerment Foundation are seeking proposals for Southern Border Provinces (SBPs) projects or initiatives that work toward building peace and reconciliation between communities and with authorities, with the aim of strengthening the capacity of local organizations to participate in reconciliation and decision-making processes. (minorityrights.org)
- LONDON (AP) - Britain's Newcastle University says its scientists have received a license to create babies using DNA from three people to prevent women from passing on potentially fatal genetic diseases to their children - the first time such approval has been granted. (courthousenews.com)
- Attosecond laser pulses can help scientists understand how to harness energy to transport data or build stronger and more conductive materials. (photonics.com)
- OSC empowers scientists with the vital resources essential to make extraordinary discoveries and innovations, partners with businesses and industry to leverage computational science as a competitive force in the global knowledge economy, and leads efforts to equip the workforce with the key technology skills required to secure 21st century jobs. (osc.edu)
- The idea is to build computational and molecular tools and cellular resources that are open source, accessible, give reproducible results and are fundamentally useful to stem cell scientists. (ucsd.edu)
- Spanning a history of over 90 years, the Science and Industry Endowment Fund (SIEF) provides grants to science and scientists for the purposes of assisting Australian industry, furthering the interests of the Australian community and contributing to the achievement of Australian national objectives. (ptcommunity.com)
- For i3 grantees, the challenges arose in three key areas: 1) building new collaborations, 2) working with evaluators, and 3) leading and managing complex organizations. (wtgrantfoundation.org)
- It is anticipated that ETA will award two to four grants totaling approximately $6.6 million that will allow grantees to increase client access to virtual career exploration services. (medindia.net)
- I had made it my search engine, my email supplier, and my desktop search engine. (cultureby.com)
- Today's report found that grant-makers need to identify where the costs of grant-making are incurred and to evaluate whether the costs of awarding grants are proportionate to their value and the outcomes delivered. (nao.org.uk)
- In 2015, Make-A-Wish Israel conducted a study to measure how wish-granting experiences influence medical outcomes of children with critical illnesses. (wish.org)
- Make-A-Wish was the subject of a study to measure how wish-granting experiences influence the medical outcomes of children with cancer. (wish.org)
- Steiner and Meilander have written many several successful grant proposals together.They developed the outcomes, syllabus and activities for the academy to share their strategies and techniques. (notredamecollege.edu)
- The license was granted Thursday by the country's fertility regulator, according to the university. (courthousenews.com)
- The Global Fund published new and updated resources for the grant-making phase of the funding cycle - when a country's funding request to the Global Fund is turned into one or more grants. (theglobalfund.org)
- We see this capability as key missing piece in the Australian biotechnology ecosystem that is well-aligned with the country's advanced manufacturing agenda. (ptcommunity.com)
- For information on how countries can use existing grants to strengthen their response to the new coronavirus, COVID-19, see Global Fund Issues New Guidance in Response to COVID-19 . (theglobalfund.org)
- Implementers of Global Fund grants may not benefit from the services provided by Supreme Audit Institutions in some African countries, according to a study carried out by Aidspan. (aidspan.org)
- The Global Fund finances HIV grants in 18 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. (aidspan.org)
- The Global Fund Board has approved another $1.22 billion in funding for country grants, bringing the cumulative amount awarded to date to $8.86 billion. (aidspan.org)
- An audit of Global Fund grants to Bangladesh rated them as "partially effective," the second highest rating in the OIG's four-tier rating scheme. (aidspan.org)
- These are the main conclusions of an audit by the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of Global Fund grants to Bangladesh. (aidspan.org)
- The Global Fund has updated its August 2014 guidelines on budgeting for grants. (aidspan.org)
- Fundraising is a critical part of NEH Challenge grant awards: up to 10 percent of total funds (Challenge matching funds plus certified gifts) may be used for fundraising costs during the period of performance. (neh.gov)
- DNAStar said this week that the tool that it will develop using the funds from the NIH is "a key step" in its ongoing efforts to build a comprehensive desktop proteomics software suite. (genomeweb.com)
- As news of the grants "first trickled out at a meeting of the UC Board of Regents last week," UCSF-Stanford President Peter Van Etten said the total grant package, including matching funds, could amount to "several hundreds of millions of dollars. (californiahealthline.org)
- The League has been planning and raising funds for the last six years to build a new shelter, but the group has managed to raise only about a half-million dollars so far. (bostonglobe.com)
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the total $1 million in grant funds are expended. (rightplace.org)
- Hamilton is one of eight communities where grant funds are growing the economy through area businesses. (mt.gov)
- The City of Bozeman received $75,000 of BSTF funds to assist Montana Meat Company to expand, which allow the company to create 10 new jobs in Bozeman. (mt.gov)
- Ravalli County received $37,500 of BSTF funds to assist IronHaus, Inc. to expand, which will allow the company to create 5 new jobs for Ravalli County. (mt.gov)
- The initial grant will allow Kuli Kuli to visit Niger and select its moringa partners, with whom the company will develop a second more detailed proposal on how to allocate the remaining funds to ensure that the moringa they produce meets international sanitation standards. (foodnavigator-usa.com)
- Under new rules, if there are any unused funds in an existing grant at the end of the allocation utilization period for that grant, the funds cannot be added to the next allocation. (aidspan.org)
Children with critical illnesses2
- Disney will donate up to US $2 million to Make-A-Wish to help make wishes come true for children with critical illnesses. (webwire.com)
- We are thrilled to once again join forces with The Walt Disney Company for the Share Your Ears campaign to provide people with a fun, family-friendly way to make a lasting, impactful difference in the lives of children with critical illnesses, said Holly Thomas, vice president of corporate alliances for Make-A-Wish America. (webwire.com)
- Transform - $60,000 over 24 months for the Creating Healthy Places in West San Carlos/Bascom and the Stevens Creek Corridor project to increase active transportation of Santa Clara County residents in West San Carlos/Bascom neighborhood and along the Stevens Creek Corridor through policy advocacy and community engagement. (healthtrust.org)
- The council stresses, however, that those currently eligible for grants will remain eligible under the new funding model. (huffingtonpost.ca)
- This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. (federalgrants.com)
- The first black player inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, Fuhr hopes people can learn from the mistakes he's made in life. (sportingnews.com)
- Convinced by the film's director Don Metz, co-producer Shane Fennessey and Scorgie to participate in the documentary, Fuhr hopes hockey fans who see 'Making Coco' will realize that he enjoys life. (sportingnews.com)
- Pronovost said he hopes to create a more efficient and better coordinated ICU. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Pronovost hopes to create a checklist method for the ICU, much like he did to combat infections. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The second challenge that Curtis says she hopes the grant will help address is transportation. (foodnavigator-usa.com)
- The funding made available within the Building Blocks of Life programme is intended to strengthen multidisciplinary partnerships between academic researchers and private companies. (nwo.nl)
- DCH Regional Medical Center will use a $1.3 million Federal Emergency Management Agency grant to strengthen the storm-readiness of some of its windows. (house.gov)
- Through a competitive bidding process, the Millennial Challenge Corporation awarded Kuli Kuli an initial grant of $30,000 with up to $500,000 to help Nigerian women's cooperatives and other smallholder farmers expand and improve their moringa growing and processing methodologies and secure access to the international moringa market. (foodnavigator-usa.com)
- To meet these goals, our project intends to make 13 grants to local organizations, of 30,000 EUR each. (minorityrights.org)
- The GMP certificate confirms the company's manufacturing site compliance with Israeli GMPs which are recognized as equivalent with EU GMP. (epicos.com)
- Addressing the company's recent annual general meeting, chairman Steven Xu said that with key infrastructure secured to begin the manufacturing within Australia of high-grade pharmaceutical cannabis products, the company was entering the lucrative Canadian cannabis market. (proactiveinvestors.com.au)
- THC Global Group Limited (ASX:THC) chief executive officer Ken Charteris updates Proactive on being granted a licence to manufacture therapeutic goods for the company's Southport Facility, known as a GMP Licence, by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). (proactiveinvestors.com.au)
- Nearly six years after the September 2007 enactment of the FDA Amendments Act ("FDAAA"), one company's drug product has finally qualified for the election at FDC Act § 505(u), and the company elected for its drug product to be treated as a "new active ingredient" and was granted 5-year New Chemical Entity ("NCE") exclusivity. (fdalawblog.net)
- Are the post patent grant challenge proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeals Board (PTAB) and created by the America Invents Act (post grant, inter partes, and covered business method reviews) serving their intended purpose? (ipwatchdog.com)
- The campaign kicked off during Mickey s 90th Spectacular on ABC tonight with a segment from Robin Roberts, award-winning broadcaster and co-anchor of ABC s Good Morning America , on the significance of wish granting. (webwire.com)
- Chapek also recently joined the Make-A-Wish America board of directors. (webwire.com)
- Two of the grants will help build and improve bicycle infrastructure in Mountain West states. (cyclingutah.com)
- Across the country, there are unprecedented systemic changes occurring, with collaborations between community development agencies, transportation departments and health departments to create comprehensive health improvement plans that look at the entire health system and community infrastructure for ways to make the healthy choice the easy choice. (publichealthnewswire.org)
- Paul Neves, a master hula teacher and opponent, said the nonprofit building the telescope is made up of outsiders and that there has been too much development on Mauna Kea, where there are 13 telescopes. (phys.org)
- Ashley Abode, PharmD, clinical services director at Realo, told Nunemacher about grants available through CPF-a nonprofit organization led by executive director Anne Marie (Sesti) Kondic, PharmD-that supports the advancement of practice in community pharmacy. (pharmacytimes.com)
- The CHWs are listening to what the community says it needs and are creating opportunities for healthy changes. (cdc.gov)
- When a CHW experiences success in making a healthy life change, community members are likewise inspired to make positive changes to improve their health. (cdc.gov)
- The CHW project, which was started in response to a suggestion made during a community meeting, is finding ways to help families and neighborhoods grow stronger and healthier together. (cdc.gov)
- Just raising its profile in the community and building a perfect team. (bizjournals.com)
- Since 1996, we've invested more than $281 million in grants to improve community health care. (mhm.org)
- Generations Community Wellness - $75,000 over 24 months for the Creating Healthy Faith-Based Places project to change faith-based organizational practice and policies to promote healthy eating and active living among members. (healthtrust.org)
- YMCA of San Benito County - $55,000 over 24 months for the Creating Healthy Youth: School Wellness Plan to increase the availability and consumption of fruits and vegetables for students in the Hollister School District through a partnership made up of the school district, the Health and Human Services agency, County Park and Recreation and the Community Food Bank of San Benito County. (healthtrust.org)
- A clinical pharmacist at Realo Discount Drug, an independent chain pharmacy in Jacksonville, North Carolina, has created a model for successful integration of a community pharmacist utilizing a grant from the Community Pharmacy Foundation (CPF). (pharmacytimes.com)
- The U.S. Department of Education today announced it has awarded 77 grants totaling more than $36.8 million to public schools and community-based organizations to initiate, expand and improve physical education programs for students in grades K-12. (ed.gov)
- McIntosh is a project manager for APHA's Community Transformation Grant work in the Center for Public Health Policy. (publichealthnewswire.org)
- With the passage of the Affordable Care Act three years ago, an opportunity was created through Community Transformation Grants to completely change the way public health works within communities. (publichealthnewswire.org)
- While a Peace Corps volunteer in Niger, Lisa Curtis told local smallholder farmers there that she would help them produce and sell high-quality moringa regionally and internationally as a way to create a steady income for the deeply impoverished community as well as provide them with the trees' other nutritional and environmental benefits. (foodnavigator-usa.com)
- The grants will be awarded in two categories: Healthcare Virtual Career Platform and Enhancing the Ability of Community- and Faith-Based Organizations to Deliver Virtual Career Exploration Services, Including Healthcare Careers. (medindia.net)
- Applications for "Innovations in Community Health" grants will be open to NACHC members in select states. (bio-medicine.org)
- According to Ferguson, "The Commission's grant makes it possible to improve the effectiveness of the system and ensure access to qualified lawyers for all in our community. (county.org)
- This initiative ensures mental health is a top priority for our community, and further, it continues the ongoing investment made by the commissioners court to guarantee that residents of our community have access to an efficient and effective criminal justice system. (county.org)
- The Co-operative Group is helping children at Newport Primary School learn where food comes from, and about the relationship between nutrition and health, with a �2000 community fund grant. (saffronwaldenreporter.co.uk)
- Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community. (saffronwaldenreporter.co.uk)
- Sisu Global Health-which is led by Kirsch, chief technology officer Gillian Henker, and CEO Carolyn Yarina-won a $250,000 seed grant last week from "Saving Lives at Birth: A Grand Challenge for Development," a global competition for groundbreaking, scalable technology to combat infant and maternal mortality whose sponsors include USAID and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation . (xconomy.com)
- With the $250,000, we'll be able to do injection molding to make prototypes of our device for regulatory testing," Kirsch says. (xconomy.com)
- S omething every American takes for granted has made the coronavirus outbreak much worse. (consortiumnews.com)
- Guide to Grant: What makes Pittsburgh Foundation CEO Oliphant tick? (bizjournals.com)
- The Foundation created the Legacy Fund in the heart of the recession. (bizjournals.com)
- So far, all the money has come from the bar foundation, but State Bar President A. Thomas Levin of Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein in Mineola would like to increase both the funding source and the number of grants. (law.com)
- Bruening said the SLAPI committee is working with the bar foundation on a strategy to ensure continued funding through grants and donations. (law.com)
- Maddie's Fund is a family foundation created in 1994 by Workday co-founder Dave Duffield and his wife, Cheryl. (knoxnews.com)
- The couple endowed the foundation with more than $300 million, and it has awarded more than $208.9 million in grants toward shelter medicine, pet adoptions, foster care and more. (knoxnews.com)
- In a statement, DNAStar VP and GM Tom Schwei said that the company has for several years been building "a foundation for our emerging proteomics platform in Protean 3D within our Lasergene software suite. (genomeweb.com)
- The Dr. Stephen Greenhouse Grant, which covers one IVF cycle at SGF, is also available through the Tinina Q. Cade Foundation. (prweb.com)
- To apply for these grants , please submit an application for the Cade Foundation Family Building Grant. (prweb.com)
- The Tinina Q. Cade Foundation is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to serving the needs of families battling infertility through education, outreach, and grants that help couples pay for infertility treatment or domestic adoption. (prweb.com)
- In the past decade, through events like the Race for the Family™, Corks with Cade™, and others, SGF and the Cade Foundation have raised more than $750,000 that is used to fund grants for fertility treatment and adoption for families with infertility and to build awareness about the 1 in 8 couples struggling with infertility. (prweb.com)
- The Milton Animal League announced at the town's Board of Selectmen meeting Wednesday night that the Copeland Family Foundation granted it $1 million to build a new shelter at its current Governor Stoughton Lane location. (bostonglobe.com)
- The foundation is a private, not-for-profit group based in Milton that has made large donations to the town over the last 30 years. (bostonglobe.com)
- The Foundation Center is a clearinghouse for information on grant seeking and foundation and corporate giving. (mainecf.org)
- The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust has been awarded a grant of more than £155,000 from the British Heart Foundation that will enable it to diagnose and treat patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH) closer to their homes. (royalfree.nhs.uk)
- CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A 16-year-old North Carolina teenager and his family will be going to the Super Bowl, thanks to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. (myfox8.com)
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation arranges experiences to children with life-threatening medical conditions. (myfox8.com)
- The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, Inc. is a private foundation created by CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS). (bio-medicine.org)
- Johns Hopkins Childrens Center has received a $946,000 grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to design a system that visually tracks the behavior of the tuberculosis bacterium in the body and its response to current and new drug treatments. (infectioncontroltoday.com)
- It makes a strong case that these grants have actually been substituted for aid programs, such as the Foundation Formula, which distribute school aid based on student need and district wealth. (issuelab.org)
- Only 19 out of 202 high needs school districts even applied for funding through the competitive grants, whereas 100% of them would receive funding had this money been put through the foundation aid formula. (issuelab.org)
- The College's new Faculty Grants Academy (FGA) supports its full-time educators in promoting the value of their work in proposals, abstracts and introductions for foundation funding. (notredamecollege.edu)
- Hollyoaks newcomer Talia Grant describes her autism as a blessing and a curse. (infoisrael.net)
- The housing minister is encouraging social landlords to go without government grants and go out to the 'markets' to fund buildings instead. (supportsolutions.co.uk)
- Imperial received 11 project grants ranging across the Faculties of Engineering, Medicine and Natural Sciences, securing funding of over €25m . (imperial.ac.uk)
- The first stage of the PULSE project will focus on building a femtosecond laser that can produce higher energy pulses to drive the process of attosecond pulse generation. (photonics.com)
- The project won a series of approvals from Hawaii, including a permit to build on conservation land in 2011. (phys.org)
- UniSA's project will not only create new business opportunities in the service sector, but also derive more value from built resources by their reuse, adaptation and lifecycle stewardship. (architectureanddesign.com.au)
- Every project funded through these programs is helping to create opportunities for workers and to build a stronger and more competitive economy. (mt.gov)
- Did you have an abstract accepted or obtain grant funding for your project/study? (uclahealth.org)
- In a project of unprecedented scale, the National Institutes of Health has awarded an international consortium of laboratories $64.7 million over the next five years to begin to build a detailed mouse brain atlas that will catalog and map the cells in a mouse brain. (harvard.edu)
- Project builds on the collaborative relationship between NYU and the University of Ghana. (nyu.edu)
- Once we disseminate that out through our networks, we hope to make it better with feedback from users and with more localized data," Franz said, "because the project leaders can look at the app, but if it's just us, it's not useful. (thefencepost.com)
- Ultimately, the Building Blocks of Life programme aims to apply this knowledge in areas such as the development of medicines, measuring equipment, food and crops. (nwo.nl)
- A new grant that brings together researchers from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the University of Illinois and Princeton University aims to bridge the gap between data-collection, modeling and decision-making so crop producers can more easily decide whether to irrigate. (thefencepost.com)
- Despite these problems, peer review keeps on being dominant in grant allocation, and studying peer review remains important as it may contribute to the improvement of the quality of selection processes in science. (springer.com)
- The report concludes that there is little co-ordinated or regular sharing of information on the costs and processes of grant making across the sector. (nao.org.uk)
- The operation of two separate and independent facilities provides maximum flexibility and continuity in the manufacturing processes, especially for bridging regularly scheduled maintenance periods. (technologynetworks.com)
- Physics professor Zenghu Chang, from the school's College of Optics and Photonics, is leading a team from Berkeley and the University of Ottawa in Ontario, Canada, to help DARPA better understand the interaction of electrons in solids and, ultimately, to create ultrafast sensors and detectors. (photonics.com)
- The ability to be awarded a grant that will facilitate the implementation of new equipment, and ultimately create more jobs and business, allows our company to greatly expand into our national marketplace," said IronHaus CEO/General Manager Tim Campbell. (mt.gov)
- Through product comparisons, recommendations, case studies, and software news, Idealware allows nonprofits to make the software decisions that will help them be more effective. (mainecf.org)
- In the meantime, she's representing Team Rochester in the Wish Star Battle to raise money so other's wishes can be granted. (13wham.com)
- She was picked by Make-A-Wish to compete in this year's Wish Star Battle , raising money so other kids can have their wishes come true, too. (13wham.com)
- Make-A-Wish of Western New York grants about 150 wishes every year. (13wham.com)
- For the third year in a row, Disney is supporting Make-A-Wish by inviting fans to share their ears on social media to grant more wishes. (webwire.com)
- Make-A-Wish does such vital work and I am excited to be part of an initiative that will help make wishes come true for even more children, said Roberts. (webwire.com)
- Disney has helped grant more than 130,000 wishes during its 40-year partnership with Make-A-Wish, including one out of every two wishes in the United States. (webwire.com)
- Disney s continued generosity strengthens our global organization and allows us to grant life-changing wishes in more than 50 countries. (webwire.com)
- Members of the Make-A-Wish Medical Advisory Committee share the life-changing impact wishes have - beyond just medicine - on their patients and their families. (wish.org)
- The wishes made the impossible, possible - helping children replace fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. (wish.org)
- We don't grant wishes for short-term smiles. (wish.org)
- To help make wishes like Yangzi's come true, please visit wish.org . (3blmedia.com)
- And by building on existing proven technology already used for clinical healthcare, we minimize development costs and rapidly implement technology that delivers real-world value to public health. (healthcareitnews.com)
- The grants seek to implement evidence-based preventive health activities to reduce chronic disease, prevent related risk factors, improve health equity and develop a stronger evidence base of effective prevention programming. (publichealthnewswire.org)
- grant to Taylor County to implement an enhanced video teleconferencing system to streamline attorney-client communication. (county.org)
- It's time to address the perception gap in manufacturing. (grantthornton.com)
- This was the first time Make-a-Wish in Missouri had to help plan a trip to a ranch," Jenny Fulmer said about her daughter. (billingsgazette.com)
- Four days of steady rain will make the prairie gorgeous by the time the cattle drive starts, Searle said. (billingsgazette.com)
- The full indexation - 2.52% this time - is for the second consecutive year, and is equal to the salary index of the building industry, it said. (ipe.com)
- and Grant was like, 'I've already lived through it, it's much easier to live through it the second time. (sportingnews.com)
- Grant didn't seem to use it all the time. (sportingnews.com)
- Fuhr felt the league, which didn't have a drug policy at the time, was out to make an example of him. (sportingnews.com)
- Scaling required managing issues of recruitment and retention while, at the same time, building open, trustful relationships that supported productive collaboration. (wtgrantfoundation.org)
- Right now, the main problem is we don't have great real-time irrigation data to help validate the remote sensing and modeling data to make it useful for decision making. (thefencepost.com)
- Weather, soil and irrigation data collected via unmanned aerial vehicles, airplanes or satellites have certain problems: inopportune cloud cover, time between Earth passes, the scale - hundreds of meters across rather than at the tens of meters needed - all of which hinder the ability to make an informed decision. (thefencepost.com)
- Within Australia we have commenced operations under our medicinal cannabis licences for R&D and cultivation at our Strain R&D and second manufacturing site in south-eastern Queensland. (proactiveinvestors.com.au)
- Earlier this year, THC Global was granted a medicinal cannabis export licence by the Australian ODC. (proactiveinvestors.com.au)
- This seal of approval doubles the institute's capacities to manufacture cell-based medicinal products, or so-called »Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products« (ATMP). (technologynetworks.com)
- BPF Bouw, which has 20,000 affiliated companies, takes care of the pensions of approximately 900,000 (former) employees in the building industry. (ipe.com)
- She earned a TeacherPreneur grant from the Great Schools Partnership, allowing her to put together 20 bags with different games. (wbir.com)
- The following grant was awarded by, is supported by, is administered by or is in partnership with the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH). (nih.gov)
- Family Building Grants can take the form of a cash award that is payable directly to the clinic or agency or a medication award that will be sent to the fertility center of the recipient. (prweb.com)
- Brittany Bohinc, MD, PhD , at Duke University Medical Center (Durham, NC), received funding as principal investigator of the grant entitled "Overexpression of LGR4 and LGR5 in Human Thyroid Cancer Promotes Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling and is Associated with Tumor Aggressiveness. (thyroid.org)
- Factor in that it takes three to four days for a center pivot irrigation system to complete a cycle around the field, and the end result is farmers making decisions based on a five-day period with inaccurate or missing information. (thefencepost.com)
- A significant obstacle, however, has been that these cells generate variable findings due to additional differences in the genomic make-up of the patient cells, and experimental techniques and approaches used to generate the appropriate cell-types by different labs often result in inconsistency in the heterogeneity of cell-types. (ucsd.edu)
- You want to ensure you understand all the expectations and restrictions for projects delivered under this grant and are prepared to write the most effective application. (neh.gov)
- Directed by Chang, the institute will allow researchers from UC Berkeley's Department of Physics and UCF's College of Optics & Photonics to work together to compete for cutting-edge projects such as the DARPA grant. (photonics.com)
- The goal of the funded projects is to build collaboration tools that link Ohio State with colleagues in Brazil in new ways. (osc.edu)
- A major part of the new facility is already booked out with manufacturing projects for various different clinical studies up to Phase III. (technologynetworks.com)
- These four counties used Preventive Health and Health Services (PHHS) Block Grant funding to form the Healthy Living Collaborative (HLC) of southwest Washington. (cdc.gov)
- Be sure to follow the instructions outlined in the notice of funding opportunity and and in the Grants.gov instructions. (neh.gov)
- HELENA, MT - Governor Steve Bullock today announced $293,360 of grant funding to help Montana businesses in eight communities create 42 new jobs. (mt.gov)
- The TRP and the Ethiopian country coordinating mechanism went back and forth on this issue during the review of the funding request and during grant-making. (aidspan.org)
- In their review of the Kenya TB/HIV funding request, the Technical Review Panel and the Grant Approvals Committee applauded the attention paid to key populations and human rights. (aidspan.org)
- A fifth batch was approved on 12 January, consisting of 33 grants emanating from 22 funding requests from 16 countries. (aidspan.org)
- He warned that some landlords would stop building homes without capital funding. (supportsolutions.co.uk)
- Making schools compete for funding based upon test scores will result in more teaching to the test. (issuelab.org)
- The SIEF grant is part of a larger funding package totaling approximately AUD $5.5m, including existing funding commitments from CSIRO and MTPConnect. (ptcommunity.com)
- Once the service was up and running, Nunemacher depended on her residents to carry out the daily execution-handle referrals, visit patients, make follow up calls, and coordinate prescriptions and adherence packaging-while she moved on to the next steps: evaluating progress and creating new services. (pharmacytimes.com)
- Making progress slowly or not at all? (aidspan.org)
- The Office of the Inspector General said that Bangladesh has made significant progress in the fight against the three diseases, but that problems remain. (aidspan.org)
- Bangladesh has made significant progress in the fight against the three diseases. (aidspan.org)
- Last year, U.S.-based doctors announced they had created the world's first baby using such techniques, after traveling to Mexico to perform the procedure, which has not been approved in the United States. (courthousenews.com)
- For the year before each grant, they examined press releases issued by the firm to examine the positive or negative tone of each release, over a total of 49,436 releases. (eurekalert.org)
- The five-year award builds upon the capabilities of the Indiana Network for Patient Care to securely exchange health information when and where needed for purposes of healthcare treatment. (healthcareitnews.com)
- Last year a woman refused to tie the knot in Uttar Pradesh state after her fiancé refused to build a toilet for the couple. (arabnews.com)
- NETHERLANDS - The industry-wide pension fund for the building industry BPF Bouw has announced it will fully index the pension claims and benefits next year. (ipe.com)
- Grant Building at Structurae http://digital.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/chronology/chronology_driver.pl?q=Grant+Building&year=&month=&day=&start_line=0&searchtype=single&page=sim Majors, Dan (July 12, 2009). (wikipedia.org)
- Grant-makers in the culture, media and sport sector fund awards of around £1.8 billion a year. (nao.org.uk)
- Last year, it announced a deal with defense contractor Lockheed Martin to develop technology to create a more up-to-date ICU. (sun-sentinel.com)
- She is the sixteen year-old actress making Hollyoaks history. (infoisrael.net)
- Slated for introduction into NIH genome laboratories in three years, these machines will accelerate the U.S. Human Genome Project's efforts to sequence the entire 3 billion DNA letters that make up a human being by year 2003. (bio-medicine.org)
- Also approved as part of Batch 5 was a multi-country grant for Southern Africa. (aidspan.org)
- The Building Blocks of Life programme is a cross-sectoral initiative of the NWO divisions of Earth and Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, FOM/Physics, ZonMw and STW. (nwo.nl)
- Although both parties will benefit from the grant, Maddie's Fund showed a lot of initiative in closing the deal. (knoxnews.com)
- The company has been granted a trading halt which will remain in place until the start of trading on June 14 or when an announcement is released to the market. (proactiveinvestors.com.au)
- THC Global Group Ltd ( ASX:THC ) is in a trading halt with an announcement pending with respect to the grant of a Manufacture Licence by the Office of Drug Control (ODC). (proactiveinvestors.com.au)
- Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact . (federalgrants.com)
- CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A minimally-invasive device made by a Cleveland-area company is set for clinical testing to determine if it can provide long-term relief for post-amputation pain. (cleveland.com)
- Dr. Keith McLean, Director of CSIRO Manufacturing commented, "Australia has a number of rapidly growing small biotechnology companies, like Telix, that need access to clinical-grade protein production that is phase-appropriate to their development needs. (ptcommunity.com)
- Cell therapy products for clinical studies can now be produced on a total cleanroom area of over 750 m² in sixteen cleanroom class B manufacturing rooms to be operated independently. (technologynetworks.com)
- This is a key milestone in developing a future export pathway of THC Global's Australian cannabis and places the company in an increasingly stronger position to take advantage of its industry leading manufacturing capability and its global reach. (proactiveinvestors.com.au)
- The researchers expected that regulations within the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, limiting that information control and requiring organizations to disclose material events by the end of the fourth day after the event, would stop manipulation of the price at which options were granted, Ward said. (eurekalert.org)
- Make sure the next economic downturn results in an innovation upturn for your business, follow these 12 steps. (grantthornton.com)
- 2000 ), as is nowadays generally the case in grant allocation procedures. (springer.com)
- This webinar will present a case study from in vitro diagnostics developer SpeeDx on its experience building a complete sample-to-result workflow - encompassing instrumentation and data analysis software - for its qPCR-based ResistancePlus MG Mycoplasma genitalium assay. (genomeweb.com)
- Now, Curtis is able to pick back up in Niger where she left off with help from a grant from the US foreign aid agency the Millennial Challenge Corporation, combined with the best practices she has developed while building Kuli Kuli into one of the world's largest moringa company. (foodnavigator-usa.com)
- I know that for their email service, they again tried to build market presence through wom (and exclusivity), but most of us would have first become aware of the product before that, through stories in the mass media or the business/IT media. (cultureby.com)
- In promulgating rules implenenting the Hatch-Waxman Amendments, FDA had initially taken the position that the Agency would not grant NCE exclusivity for an enantiomer when the racemate had previously been approved. (fdalawblog.net)
- Tell us about your achievements, UCLA Nursing Creating the "WOW" ! (uclahealth.org)