Medical Records, Problem-Oriented
Terminology as Topic
Bibliography as Topic
Discussion of lists of works, documents or other publications, usually with some relationship between them, e.g., by a given author, on a given subject, or published in a given place, and differing from a catalog in that its contents are restricted to holdings of a single collection, library, or group of libraries. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)
Library Collection Development
Development of a library collection, including the determination and coordination of selection policy, assessment of needs of users and potential users, collection use studies, collection evaluation, identification of collection needs, selection of materials, planning for resource sharing, collection maintenance and weeding, and budgeting.
Tissue and Organ Procurement
The administrative procedures involved with acquiring TISSUES or organs for TRANSPLANTATION through various programs, systems, or organizations. These procedures include obtaining consent from TISSUE DONORS and arranging for transportation of donated tissues and organs, after TISSUE HARVESTING, to HOSPITALS for processing and transplantation.
Gene Expression Profiling
Health Care Rationing
Personal names, given or surname, as cultural characteristics, as ethnological or religious patterns, as indications of the geographic distribution of families and inbreeding, etc. Analysis of isonymy, the quality of having the same or similar names, is useful in the study of population genetics. NAMES is used also for the history of names or name changes of corporate bodies, such as medical societies, universities, hospitals, government agencies, etc.
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Bibliography of Medicine
Oligonucleotide Array Sequence Analysis
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine
A specified list of terms with a fixed and unalterable meaning, and from which a selection is made when CATALOGING; ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING; or searching BOOKS; JOURNALS AS TOPIC; and other documents. The control is intended to avoid the scattering of related subjects under different headings (SUBJECT HEADINGS). The list may be altered or extended only by the publisher or issuing agency. (From Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed, p163)
Formularies as Topic
Works about lists of drugs or collections of recipes, formulas, and prescriptions for the compounding of medicinal preparations. Formularies differ from PHARMACOPOEIAS in that they are less complete, lacking full descriptions of the drugs, their formulations, analytic composition, chemical properties, etc. In hospitals, formularies list all drugs commonly stocked in the hospital pharmacy.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
The formal process of obtaining a complete and accurate list of each patient's current home medications including name, dosage, frequency, and route of administration, and comparing admission, transfer, and/or discharge medication orders to that list. The reconciliation is done to avoid medication errors.
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Medical Records Systems, Computerized
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
Electronic Health Records
Media that facilitate transportability of pertinent information concerning patient's illness across varied providers and geographic locations. Some versions include direct linkages to online consumer health information that is relevant to the health conditions and treatments related to a specific patient.
Natural Language Processing
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of references and citations to books, articles, publications, etc., generally on a single subject or specialized subject area. Databases can operate through automated files, libraries, or computer disks. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, FACTUAL which is used for collections of data and facts apart from bibliographic references to them.
Unified Medical Language System
A research and development program initiated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE to build knowledge sources for the purpose of aiding the development of systems that help health professionals retrieve and integrate biomedical information. The knowledge sources can be used to link disparate information systems to overcome retrieval problems caused by differences in terminology and the scattering of relevant information across many databases. The three knowledge sources are the Metathesaurus, the Semantic Network, and the Specialist Lexicon.
Data Interpretation, Statistical
Appointments and Schedules
Severe inability of the LIVER to perform its normal metabolic functions, as evidenced by severe JAUNDICE and abnormal serum levels of AMMONIA; BILIRUBIN; ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE; ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE; LACTATE DEHYDROGENASES; and albumin/globulin ratio. (Blakiston's Gould Medical Dictionary, 4th ed)
Directories as Topic
Database Management Systems
Refusal to Treat
Referral and Consultation
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Speech Discrimination Tests
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Drug and Narcotic Control
Gene Regulatory Networks
Interacting DNA-encoded regulatory subsystems in the GENOME that coordinate input from activator and repressor TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS during development, cell differentiation, or in response to environmental cues. The networks function to ultimately specify expression of particular sets of GENES for specific conditions, times, or locations.
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Forms and Records Control
Costs and Cost Analysis
Molecular Sequence Annotation
One of the three domains of life (the others being Eukarya and ARCHAEA), also called Eubacteria. They are unicellular prokaryotic microorganisms which generally possess rigid cell walls, multiply by cell division, and exhibit three principal forms: round or coccal, rodlike or bacillary, and spiral or spirochetal. Bacteria can be classified by their response to OXYGEN: aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic; by the mode by which they obtain their energy: chemotrophy (via chemical reaction) or PHOTOTROPHY (via light reaction); for chemotrophs by their source of chemical energy: CHEMOLITHOTROPHY (from inorganic compounds) or chemoorganotrophy (from organic compounds); and by their source for CARBON; NITROGEN; etc.; HETEROTROPHY (from organic sources) or AUTOTROPHY (from CARBON DIOXIDE). They can also be classified by whether or not they stain (based on the structure of their CELL WALLS) with CRYSTAL VIOLET dye: gram-negative or gram-positive.
End Stage Liver Disease
Patient Identification Systems
Doping in Sports
Health Services Accessibility
Databases, Nucleic Acid
Attitude of Health Personnel
Conservation of Natural Resources
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Physician's Practice Patterns
Library Technical Services
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Review Literature as Topic
Published materials which provide an examination of recent or current literature. Review articles can cover a wide range of subject matter at various levels of completeness and comprehensiveness based on analyses of literature that may include research findings. The review may reflect the state of the art. It also includes reviews as a literary form.
Severity of Illness Index
The procedure established to evaluate the health status and risk factors of the potential DONORS of biological materials. Donors are selected based on the principles that their health will not be compromised in the process, and the donated materials, such as TISSUES or organs, are safe for reuse in the recipients.
Pattern Recognition, Automated
Sensitivity and Specificity
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Meta-Analysis as Topic
A quantitative method of combining the results of independent studies (usually drawn from the published literature) and synthesizing summaries and conclusions which may be used to evaluate therapeutic effectiveness, plan new studies, etc., with application chiefly in the areas of research and medicine.
Databases as Topic
Drug Therapy, Computer-Assisted
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
World Health Organization
Sequence Analysis, Protein
Medical History Taking
Ambulatory Care Information Systems
Hospital Information Systems
Primary Health Care
Quality of Life
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Medication Systems, Hospital
Overall systems, traditional or automated, to provide medication to patients in hospitals. Elements of the system are: handling the physician's order, transcription of the order by nurse and/or pharmacist, filling the medication order, transfer to the nursing unit, and administration to the patient.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link) *^ "Sec. 184.1366 Hydrogen peroxide". U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access ... "Hydrogen peroxide sensing and signaling". Mol. Cell. 26 (1): 1-14. doi:10.1016/j.molcel.2007.03.016. PMID 17434122.. CS1 maint ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ Loo, Alvin Eng Kiat; Wong, Yee Ting; Ho, Rongjian; Wasser, Martin; Du, Tiehua ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ González, D.; Bejarano, I.; Barriga, C.; Rodríguez, A.B.; Pariente, J.A. ( ...
CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *^ Kawamura Y, Kare MR, eds. (1987). Umami: a basic taste. New York, NY: Marcel ... November 2002). "The discovery of umami". Chem Senses. 27 (9): 843-4. doi:10.1093/chemse/27.9.843. PMID 12438211.. CS1 maint: ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *^ R.H.A. Plimmer (1912) . R.H.A. Plimmer; F.G. Hopkins (eds.). The ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *^ Geha RS, Beiser A, Ren C, et al. (April 2000). "Review of alleged reaction ...
Since 1986, the Asian elephant has been listed as Endangered on the IUCN Red List, as the population has declined by at least ... The acute sense of smell uses both the trunk and Jacobson's organ. Elephants use their trunks for breathing, watering, feeding ... "IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2017-3. International Union for Conservation of Nature.. CS1 maint: Multiple names ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ Rasmussen, L. E. L.; Lee, T. D.; Zhang, A. J.; Roelofs, W. L.; Daves, G. D. ( ...
Schindler's List (1993). *Forrest Gump / Pulp Fiction (1994). *Sense and Sensibility (1995) ... Listed as one of TCM's top 15 most influential films list, as The Bicycle Thief (1947), ... List of films considered the best. References. *^ Christopher Wagstaff (2007). Italian Neorealist Cinema. University of ... Sight and Sound Top Ten Poll Archived 2017-02-01 at the Wayback Machine, director's list 2002. Last accessed: 2014-01-19. ...
Schindler's List (1993). *Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994). *Sense and Sensibility (1995) ... It is also listed as number 26 on Empire's 500 Greatest Movies of All Time, and in 2010 it was listed by Time magazine as one ... "Lists of Note. Retrieved April 16, 2012.. *^ George Case (2014), Calling Dr Strangelove: The Anatomy and Influence of the ... it was listed as number three on its list of the funniest American films. In 1989, the United States Library of Congress ...
The Night Watch
List of works: drawings, etchings, and paintings (including self-portraits). Paintings. *The Senses (1624-25) ...
The Hours (film)
Schindler's List (1993). *Forrest Gump / Pulp Fiction (1994). *Sense and Sensibility (1995) ... Main article: List of accolades received by The Hours. Further reading. *Taylor, C. J. (2015). The Hours - A film to ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ Holden, Stephen (December 27, 2002). "''New York Times'' review". Nytimes.com ... Kitty pretends to be upbeat, but Laura senses her sadness and fear and boldly kisses her on the lips; Kitty laughs it off as if ...
List of Icelandic writers. References. Citations. *^ a b c d e f g Pareles, Jon (30 January 2015). "Sometimes ... "Arisen My Senses (Remix EP)". shop.bjork.com. Retrieved 21 March 2018.. ... list. Post and Homogenic were placed back to back on Pitchfork Media's "Top Albums of the '90s" list at numbers 21 and ... "100 Greatest singers list". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 30 December 2012.. *^ "100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time". Rolling ...
CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *. Russell, B.W. (1959). Common Sense and Nuclear Warfare. George Allen and ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *. Maynard Smith, J. (1982). Evolution and the Theory of Games. Cambridge ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *. Fink, E.C.; Gates, S.; Humes, B.D. (1998). Game Theory Topics: Incomplete ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *. Maynard Smith, J. and Price, G.R. (1973). "The logic of animal conflict". ...
Intelligent transportation system
Information fusion from multiple traffic sensing modalities. The data from the different sensing technologies can be ... CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) *^ Keating, Dave. "All Cars In Europe Can Now Call The Police Themselves". ... CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) *^ "Comparison of Stopped Vehicle Detection (SVD) Technologies for Smart ... Sensing. Technological advances in telecommunications and information technology, coupled with ultramodern/state-of-the- ...
From multiple traffic sensing modalities. The data from the different sensing technologies can be combined in intelligent ... This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. You can help by converting this article to prose, if ... This section includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ Ciuonzo, D.; Papa, G.; Romano, G.; Salvo Rossi, P.; Willett, P. (2013-09-01 ...
List of economists. References. *^ a b Smith, Noah (13 January 2017). "Tribal warfare in economics a thing of the past". ... As a result, Stiglitz argues, the IMF has often called for policies that conform to textbook economics but do not make sense ... In 2011, he was named by Foreign Policy magazine on its list of top global thinkers. In February 2012, he was awarded the ... CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link) *. Stiglitz, Joseph E.; Sah, Raaj K. (1992). Peasants versus city-dwellers: taxation ...
They have given sense to my life.". Bibliography. This list is a selection. ... in the largest sense of the term, that is owed to them within Colombian society. I think that the country must highlight the ...
Central African Empire
Making sense of the Central African Republic. ISBN 978-1-78360-381-7. . OCLC 1004968881.. CS1 maint: multiple names: authors ... list (link). *^ Bokassa 2006, p. 32. *^ Thomson, M. (2 January 2009). "'Good old days' under Bokassa?". BBC News. Retrieved 12 ... Making Sense of the Central African Republic. London: Zed Books, 2015.. *Baxter, Peter. France in Centrafrique : From Bokassa ...
CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ a b Dehaene, S (1997). The number sense: How the mind creates mathematics. ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ a b c d Corbetta, M., Shulman, G.L., Miezin, F.M., & Petersen, S.E. (1995). " ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ a b c Piazza, M; Mechelli, A; Butterworth, B; Price, CJ (2002). "Are ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ a b Jevons, W.S. (1871). "The power of numerical discrimination". Nature. 3 ( ...
CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link) *^ Carpenter, William (1885). One Hundred Proofs that the Earth is Not a Globe. ... William Carpenter (of Greenwich (1864). Theoretical astronomy examined and exposed, by 'Common sense'.. ... CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) *^ W. G. Randles (2000). Geography, Cartography and Nautical Science in the ... The term flat-earth-man, used in a derogatory sense to mean anyone who holds ridiculously antiquated or impossible views, ...
List of generation I Pokémon
If it senses danger around it, it produces a horrific stench from the leaves on its head. If there isn't, it's fine and the ... List of Pokémon. List of Pokémon species introduced in Generation I (1996)[nb 1] Name National Pokédex. number Type(s) ... Reception to Bulbasaur has been largely positive and it often appears in "top Pokémon lists". Its English name is a ... The following list details the 151 Pokémon of Generation I in order of their National Pokédex number. The first Pokémon, ...
Thermal Infrared Remote Sensing: *Kuenzer, C. and S. Dech (2013): Thermal Infrared Remote Sensing: Sensors, Methods, ... xix - xxvi list of symbols for thermal radiation formulas). ISBN 978-1-56032-839-1. . Retrieved 23 July 2009.. ... Applications (= Remote Sensing and Digital Image Processing 17). Dordrecht: Springer.. External links. *Black Body ...
List. These are conditions for which there is a sufficient number of documented individuals that are asymptomatic that it ... Therefore, it makes no sense to speak about "asymptomatic AIDS". This concept of clinically defined diseases is related in some ...
CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link) *^ Trimingham, James (2013). Islam in Ethiopia. Routledge. p. 221. ISBN 1136970223. ... It is this sense of pride which we are trying to give back to the aborigine [sic] today. ... The term "Moors" has been used in Europe in a broader, somewhat derogatory sense to refer to Muslims, especially those of ... In one sense the word 'Moor' means Mohammedan Berbers and Arabs of North-western Africa, with some Syrians, who conquered most ...
In 2013 Offit wrote the book Do you believe in Magic? - The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine. Offit states that ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *. Offit, Paul A. (2011). Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement ... Paul A. Offit (2013). Do You Believe in Magic? The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine. Harper. ISBN 0062222961.. ... Offit, Paul A. (2013). Do You Believe in Magic? The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine. New York: HarperCollins. ISBN ...
Kill List February 3, 2012 Perfect Sense Forgiveness of Blood February 24, 2012 ...
CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ sdfsdflgggdl (2009-01-31), Looking for the Genetic Roots of the Japanese(2/5) ... "Making sense of DNA data and the origins of the Japanese". Heritage of Japan. 2009-02-27. Retrieved 2016-12-05.. ... See also: Japantown and List of U.S. cities with large Japanese-American populations ...
Talk:Greek genocide/Archive 1
Hmmm, I hope you can make some sense out of my rambling. -Khoikhoi 01:49, 27 May 2006 (UTC). It is the most common term among ... Here is a list of some istitutes .. Your second question: yes, those who survived before the Treaty of Lauzanne, fled to ... Especially in the last decades this sense of a particular identity is increasing and is being coupled with actions of ... We should be listing all possible names. - FrancisTyers 15:35, 4 June 2006 (UTC). Please leave the commenting within these ...
Murder of Miranda Fenner
It was the subject of a Sensing Murder episode on the Discovery Channel in 2007. In 2006, the case had been featured on the ... List of unsolved deaths Benoit, Zach (September 5, 2012). "Fenner murder case getting new attention". The Billings Gazette. ... Fenner's murder was featured on the Discovery Channel's Sensing Murder and the Montel Williams Show. Her case remains unsolved ...
Some registers have the word "registry" in their title used in the sense of "list"; these entities are not registers in the ... usual sense in that they do not maintain breeding records. In the dog world, listed animals are required to be de-sexed. The ... List of animals belonging to a certain species, subspecies or lineage - usually by an organization devoted to that purpose ... The terms studbook and register are also used to refer to lists of male animals "standing at stud", that is, those animals ...
Hearsay in United States law
List of objections (law). References. *^ ""Hearsay" Evidence". Findlaw for the Public. Retrieved 2008-01-31.. .mw-parser- ... Present sense impression: A statement expressing the declarant's impression of a condition existing at the time the statement ... Declarations of present state of mind: Much like a present-sense impression describes the outside world, declarant's statement ... Many of the exceptions listed below are treated more extensively in individual articles. ...
A list of her works includes: *Datafeeds, Visionary Landscapes (2008). This work compares the same event in three sensory ... These comparisons provide insights into how our senses influence our social behavior. ...
United States military occupation code
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. Please ... In some senses this functions more like the MOS in other services. An officer with the naval aviator designator of 1310 might ... Provides list of MOSs during the Korean War era.. *"What Was my MOS? Vietnam-era MOS Codes", 4th Battalion (Mechanized)/23rd ... Main article: List of United States Navy ratings. The Navy indicates its "ratings" by a two or three character code based on ...
See list of works influenced by Don Quixote.. See also. *Alonso Fernández de Avellaneda - author of a spurious sequel to ... Following this example, Quixote would suggest 'The Great Quijano', a play on words that makes much sense in light of the ... List of works influenced by Don Quixote - including a gallery of paintings and illustrations ... As a founding work of modern Western literature and one of the earliest canonical novels, it regularly appears high on lists of ...
CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ Friston KJ, Stephan KE, Montague R, Dolan RJ (2014). "Computational ... Ernst, Marc O.; Bülthoff, Heinrich H. (April 2004). "Merging the senses into a robust percept". Trends in Cognitive Sciences. 8 ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *. Schutter, Erik de (2001). Computational neuroscience: realistic modeling for ...
Among the tribes listed in the Bavarian Geographer's 9th-century document was the Vistulans (Wiślanie) in southern Poland. ... in the modern sense of the term; Tacitus, when describing the Venethi, Peucini and Fenni, wrote that he was not sure if he ...
Holy Roman Empire
A sum total of 1,500 Imperial estates has been reckoned. For a list of Reichsstände in 1792, see List of Imperial Diet ... Since Charlemagne, the realm was merely referred to as the Roman Empire. The term sacrum ("holy", in the sense of " ... CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) *^ John H. Gagliardo, Reich and Nation. The Holy Roman Empire as Idea and ... During this time, the concept of "reform" emerged, in the original sense of the Latin verb re-formare - to regain an earlier ...
To subscribe: Women in Red/English language list and Women in Red/international list. Unsubscribe: Women in Red/Opt-out list) ... Thanks - makes sense to me. I'll do that now. Lugnuts Dick Laurent is dead 08:01, 19 January 2016 (UTC) Thanks for doing the ... Women in Red/English language mailing list and Women in Red/international list. Unsubscribe: Women in Red/Opt-out list) ... File:Cliff Rankin.jpg listed for discussion. A file that you uploaded or altered, File:Cliff Rankin.jpg, has been listed ...
Error correction code
CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *^ "Digital Video Broadcast (DVB); Second generation framing structure, channel ... This can make sense in a streaming setting, where codewords are too large to be classically decoded fast enough and where only ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) *. Wicker, Stephen B. (1995). Error Control Systems for Digital Communication ... In this context, there are various available Open-source software listed below (non exhaustive). ...
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. Please ... it rushed into the vacuum of my moral sense and captivated me completely." When her Warner Bros. contract ended, she signed a ... Soon unhappy with her marriage, Thorpe had a short temper and a habit of listing her faults, Astor wanted a divorce by 1933. At ...
5 In a very general sense, energy flow (E) can be defined as the sum of metabolic production (P) and respiration (R), such that ... and marine communities share a remarkable list of patterns.:669 ...
CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link). *^ a b c d e Gorski, D. (2010-08-03). "Credulity about acupuncture infiltrates ... Offit, P. (2013). Do You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine. HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0062222961 ... Offit, Dr Paul (2013-06-09). Killing Us Softly: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine. ISBN 9780007491735. .. ... See also: List of herbs with known adverse effects. Adequacy of regulation and CAM safety. Many of the claims regarding the ...
Tit for tat
Grim trigger on the other hand is the most unforgiving strategy, in the sense even a single defect would the make the player ... List of game theorists. *List of games in game theory. *No-win situation ... in the game-theory sense) than tit for tat. ...
... and produced a list of 34 left-leaning Cambodians, demanding that they meet him to establish a new administration. Sâr was ... Stalin's approach to Marxism-known as Stalinism-gave Sâr a sense of purpose in life. Sâr also read Mao's work, especially ... "probably reinforced his sense of destiny and self-importance". Pol Pot had a nationalistic attitude and displayed little ... on the list, perhaps because of his role as a teacher, but refused to meet with Sihanouk. He and Ieng Sary left Phnom Penh for ...
... although there was no sense of bigotry or orthodoxy in it. Subhas who called himself a socialist, believed that socialism ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
Since this topic is still listed on ITN, is this development notable enough to warrant an update to the entry? Aecis Dancing to ... But you cannot, with common sense, acknowledge that this is what makes it a worldwide notable event. Do you follow ITN? Do you ... Given that it's listed in the international news sections of CNN, ABC, and CBS, and gets front-page coverage by the BBC and Sky ... Andrew Symonds even turned up totally drunk once and only got a one-game suspension, when the countries listed above immediate ...
All verbs will appear listed by means of their infinitive form in dictionaries, and there are three typical endings for verbs ... Growing sense of ethnic identity.. Regulated by. Royal Galician Academy. Language codes. ...
National Volunteer Week
See also: Lists of holidays, Hallmark holidays, public holidays in the United States, New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the ... improved sense of belonging, lower blood pressure, increased protection from Alzheimer's, and decreased mortality. ...
Amphibian - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Senses and skeletal system[change , change source]. Amphibians' eyes have lids, glands and ducts. They have good colour vision[ ... CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link). *↑ Maglia A.M.; et al. (2007). "AmphibAnat". The amphibian anatomical ontology ... Most amphibians have a good sense of smell, even underwater. The skeletal system of amphibians are similar to other four-legged ... Meredith explains that 85% of the top 100 endangered amphibians list are receiving little to no conservation attention. ...
... and personal sense of humor. After learning their self-assessment scores, the students were asked to estimate their ranks in ... the research indicated that the study participants who scored in the bottom quartile on tests of their sense of humor, ...
Level of measurement
On the other hand, the median, i.e. the middle-ranked item, makes no sense for the nominal type of data since ranking is ... Nicholas R. Chrisman  introduced an expanded list of levels of measurement to account for various measurements that do not ... The complete list includes the values of previous levels. This is inverted for the 'Measure property'. ... Paraphrasing N. R. Campbell (Final Report, p.340), we may say that measurement, in the broadest sense, is defined as the ...
... and for other remote-sensing satellites, such as those carrying ocean and atmospheric remote-sensing instruments that require ... List of orbits. *Polar orbit. *World Geodetic System. References. *^ Tscherbakova, N. N.; Beletskii, V. V.; Sazonov, V. V ...
List of IEEE Milestones *^ a b "Remarks by Director Iancu at the 2019 International Intellectual Property Conference". United ... FETs used to sense the environment *Ion-sensitive field-effect transistor (ISFET), to measure ion concentrations in solution, ... The invention of the first transistor at Bell Labs was named an IEEE Milestone in 2009. The list of IEEE Milestones also ... CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link). *. Amos SW, James MR (1999). Principles of Transistor Circuits. Butterworth- ...
Layton AM (April 2016). "Top Ten List of Clinical Pearls in the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris". Dermatologic Clinics (Review). 34 ... Such blame can worsen the affected person's sense of self-esteem. Until the 20th century, even among dermatologists, the ... list of causes was believed to include excessive sexual thoughts and masturbation. Dermatology's association with sexually ...
Betteridge's law of headlines
List of eponymous laws - Links to articles on laws, principles, adages, and other succinct observations or predictions named ... The adage fails to make sense with questions that are more open-ended than strict yes-no questions. ...
The main sense of barnacles appears to be touch, with the hairs on the limbs being especially sensitive. The adult also has ... Some authorities regard the Cirripedia as a full class or subclass, and the orders listed above are sometimes treated as ... The photoreceptors are likely only capable of sensing the difference between light and dark. This eye is derived from the ...
If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the project and see a list of open tasks. ... The final sentences under this heading makes no sense because one sentence says "Rather than surrender..." It appears that ... If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks ... If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks ...
In this sense, for diseases in which a pro-inflammatory component has been identified or strongly suspected, and for which ... the patho-physiological basis of many of the disease groups listed below, for which NK1RAs have been studied as a therapeutic ...
CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *^ Liddell, Henry George; Scott, Robert (1980). A Greek-English Lexicon ( ... In this sense, scientists and engineers may both be considered technologists; the three fields are often considered as one for ... "requires flexibility judgment and common sense" remain hard to replace with machines. Second, studies have not shown clear ...
Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Mathematics
This is maybe a bit of a quibble, but I don't think "concept" is the right word for topology in the sense of a collection of ... My real question, though, is, would it be appropriate to use this book as a source for the whole list (as I've done for now), ... Readers who are interested in learning a subject should consult a textbook listed in the article's references. If the article ... A well-written article should establish its context well enough that it does not need a separate list of prerequisites. ...
Glossary of graph theory terms
list. 1. An adjacency list is a computer representation of graphs for use in graph algorithms.. 2. List coloring is a variation ... Synonym for bridge, in the sense of an edge whose removal disconnects the graph.. K. K. For the notation for complete ... A graph is k-choosable if it has a list coloring whenever each vertex has a list of k available colors. The choosability of the ... A tree in the ordinary sense is a 1-tree according to this definition.. tree decomposition. A tree decomposition of a graph G ...
Nervous system and senses. The octopus (along with cuttlefish) has the highest brain-to-body mass ratios of all invertebrates, ... The Oxford English Dictionary lists "octopuses", "octopi", and "octopodes", in that order, calling "octopodes" rare and noting ... It has a poor proprioceptive sense, and it only knows what exact motions were made by observing the arms visually. ... Octopuses also have an excellent sense of touch. The octopus's suction cups are equipped with chemoreceptors so the octopus can ...
"WHO Model List of Essential Medicines (19th List)" (PDF). World Health Organization. April 2015. Archived (PDF) from the ... Levothyroxine was first made in 1927. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the most ...
Open source allows a sense of community. It is an invitation for anyone to provide information about various topics. The open- ... List of free and open-source software packages. *List of open-source hardware projects ...
Re: The Talk2 List Common sense: dead!
... Venison88a Wed, 02 Dec 2009 17:54:06 -0800 ... On Wed, 12/2/09, Onj ,[email protected], wrote: From: Onj ,[email protected], Subject: The Talk2 List Common sense: dead! ... Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She ... Common Sense took a beating when you couldnt defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for ...
List of accolades received by The Sixth Sense - Wikipedia
Overall, The Sixth Sense was nominated for six Academy Awards and four British Academy Film Awards, but won none. The film ... The Sixth Sense is an American supernatural thriller film, written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. The film was released on ... The Sixth Sense was well received by critics, with an approval rating of 85% from review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. The film ... General "The Sixth Sense (2000) Awards". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2013. Archived from ...
pg (sense or antisense): Genes List | GM Approval Database - ISAAA.org
List of accolades received by Sense and Sensibility (film) - Wikipedia
ISBN 978-1-61735-125-9. "Sense and Sensibility (1995)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 13 August 2011. "Sense and Sensibility (1995 ... Sense and Sensibility received the most award recognition out of the many Austen adaptations of the 1990s. MaryAnn Johanson of ... Sense and Sensibility is a 1995 British period drama film directed by Ang Lee. Actress Emma Thompson wrote the screenplay, ... Sense and Sensibility was released to cinemas on 15 December 1995, and earned a total worldwide gross of $134,582,776. Based on ...
PreSens Precision Sensing GmbH - 2020 Exhibitor List - Oceanology International
Metal-loaded polymer films for chemical sensing of ES&H-related pollutants - (Listing Multiple Pages). Digital Library
Robustness Analysis of a List Decoding Algorithm for Compressed Sensing - CaltechAUTHORS
We analyze the noise robustness of sparse signal recon-struction based on the compressive sensing equivalent of a list-decoding ... Chowdhury, Mainak and Oymak, Samet and Khajehnejad, M. Amin and Hassibi, Babak (2011) Robustness Analysis of a List Decoding ... Algorithm for Compressed Sensing. . (Unpublished) https://resolver.caltech.edu/CaltechAUTHORS:20150223-073119058 ...
Neutral Milk Hotel: inspirers of love, adoration and a proprietary sense of ownership in fanatical fans | The List
Extra Baggs: It's 'uh-oh' time for Giants, Bumgarner joins an exclusive list, making sense of Tim Hudson's second career relief...
Extra Baggs: Its "uh-oh" time for Giants, Bumgarner joins an exclusive list, making sense of Tim Hudsons second career relief ... It may make no sense to NOT give up, but Im not in this to make sense. Im in it to believe in these guys who keep proving ... we had just scored to get within a run, and needed a shut down inning in the worst way.screw it..i dont need to list the ... The counterargument to that is if the season is dead-and its on life-support right now-it makes more sense to try to work with ...
List of ICD-9 codes 360-389: Diseases of the sense organs - wikidoc
List of ICD-9 codes 360-389: Diseases of the sense organs. ... Diseases of the sense organs (360-389) *1.1 disorders of the ... Diseases of the sense organs (360-389). disorders of the eye and adnexa (360-379). *(360) Disorders of the globe *(360.0) ... Retrieved from "https://www.wikidoc.org/index.php?title=List_of_ICD-9_codes_360-389:_Diseases_of_the_sense_organs&oldid=234826 ...
Making Sense with Nicholls: List of Cannots
Making Sense of Food Labels | ADA
List of ingredients. Ingredient lists can be a helpful tool. Ingredients are listed in order by weight with the first ... than what is listed.. Using amount per serving. The information on the left side of the label tells you the total of the ... Making Sense of Food Labels. You can use the Nutrition Facts label to help inform your food choices. These food labels are ... The ingredient list is a good place to look for heart-healthy ingredients such as olive, canola, or peanut oils; or whole ...
Wiley: Bio-Medical Telemetry: Sensing and Transmitting Biological Information from Animals and Man, 2nd Edition - R. Stuart...
Thank You for Joining a Wiley EMail List An email confirmation has been sent to you.. ... Pressure Sensing and Transmission.. Temperature Sensing and Transmission.. Bioelectric and Chemical Electrode Potentials.. ... Bio-Medical Telemetry: Sensing and Transmitting Biological Information from Animals and Man, Second Edition This second edition ... Bio-Medical Telemetry: Sensing and Transmitting Biological Information from Animals and Man, 2nd Edition. R. Stuart MacKay ...
Building a Sense of Security in a Patient: A Psychological Perspective: Medicine & Healthcare Book Chapter | IGI Global
Building a Sense of Security in a Patient: A Psychological Perspective: 10.4018/978-1-5225-3946-9.ch008: This chapter describes ... Journal Title List. *Video Title List. *Consortia Partnerships. *Library and Publisher Collaborations ... "Building a Sense of Security in a Patient: A Psychological Perspective." In Healthcare Administration for Patient Safety and ... "Building a Sense of Security in a Patient: A Psychological Perspective." Healthcare Administration for Patient Safety and ...
Thana-Capitalism and the Sense of Reality: Lessons Unlearned: Social Sciences & Humanities Book Chapter | IGI Global
Thana-Capitalism and the Sense of Reality: Lessons Unlearned: 10.4018/978-1-5225-2817-3.ch001: Based on the contributions of ... Book Title List. *Journal Title List. *Video Title List. *Library Collection Development Service ... "Thana-Capitalism and the Sense of Reality: Lessons Unlearned." Global Perspectives on Human Migration, Asylum, and Security, ... "Thana-Capitalism and the Sense of Reality: Lessons Unlearned." In Global Perspectives on Human Migration, Asylum, and Security. ...
Fibromyalgia - Making Sense of It by Steven Carroll (eBook) - Lulu
Making Sense of It by Steven Carroll (eBook) online at Lulu. Visit the Lulu Marketplace for product details, ratings, and ... Listed In. * Diet & Health More From Steven Carroll & Lorna Carroll see more , Cocktails - How to Make... By Steven Carroll & ... Making Sense Of It. Understand the symptoms, the causes and risk factors, how diagnosis is made, the prognosis, your treatment ... http://www.lulu.com/shop/steven-carroll-and-lorna-carroll/fibromyalgia-making-sense-of-it/ebook/product-23036206.html. ...
Brain's complex clock explains our accurate sense of time | MNN - Mother Nature Network
Join our newsletter list. Go. Email is required Want to know more? ... Since the internal sense of time can be learned, those who are chronically late probably cant blame a faulty internal clock, ... Join our newsletter list. Go. Email is required Want to know more? ... Instead, Ghose and his colleagues hypothesize that the brain can learn an internal sense of time for all tasks, whether its ...
The role of acid-sensing ion channels in epithelial Na+ uptake in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) | Journal of Experimental...
List of abbreviations. ASIC. acid-sensing sodium channel. DAPI. 4′,6-diamidino-2-phenylindole. DMSO. dimethyl sulfoxide. EIPA. ... 2013). Acid-sensing ion channels (ASICs) in the taste buds of adult zebrafish. Neurosci. Lett. 536, 35-40. doi:10.1016/j.neulet ... 2011). Acid-sensing ion channel 2 (ASIC2) in the intestine of adult zebrafish. Neurosci. Lett. 494, 24-28. doi:10.1016/j.neulet ... 2008). Candidate amino acids involved in H+ gating of acid-sensing ion channel 1a. J. Biol. Chem. 283, 572-581. doi:10.1074/jbc ...
Open Senses - Ideas in Progress - MARCH | Rich Mix
... uniting a diverse group of practitioners dedicated to exploring the senses. Open Senses: Ideas in Progress is a chance to bring ... Open Senses: Ideas in Progress is a series of events throughout 2018, all hosted at Rich Mix, which will build organically ... Open Senses is the worlds first festival devoted to sensorial practice and research, launched in May 2017 at 25 London venues. ... Our first line of products is a line of wearables that helps one to understand their body better by focusing on ones senses as ...
Strong food safety regulations are common sense - National Consumers League
Sounds like common sense to me.. Join our email list!. Optional email code. ... Bachmann said, "but at the same time we want to have some common sense." When it comes to foodborne illnesses, safety and ... common sense is often the same thing: government oversight helps ensure a safer food supply. The Centers for Disease Control ...
Browse In Book, Biology, E-Book, Brill | Sense, Botany | brill
Complementing the growing list of editions and translations which have appeared in the series Aristoteles Semitico-Latinus, ... Containing highly instructive lists identifying the names of flowers, as well as insects and other animals, the book also ... together with an annotated list of the species described. This title was awarded the Stafleu Medal for 2015 for publications of ...
Browse In Brill | Sense, Social Sciences, Ethics & Moral Philosophy, Criticism & Theory, Epistemology & Metaphysics | Brill
Why keeping Asante makes sense - Philly
Dunlap has been playing right tackle with the first team at Lehigh, and Justice is on the PUP list so far. ... If moving him is the easiest way to free up money and extend DeSean Jackson and Michael Vick, then it might make sense. But Joe ... Why keeping Asante makes sense Updated: July 31, 2011 - 2:29 PM EDT * ... That makes a lot of sense to me. And it puts their offseason moves into context - not only with adding Rodgers-Cromartie and ...
The common sense guide to dementia for clinicians and caregivers (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Anne M Lipton; Cindy D Marshall] -- Overview: The Common Sense Guide to Dementia for Clinicians and Caregivers provides an easy ... The common sense guide to dementia for clinicians and caregivers. [ ... Medication list --. History --. Your list --. Sensitive subjects --. Summary --. Common sense rules --. Making the most of the ... Common sense rules --. References --. Part 2: Common Sense Dementia Care: --. Seven common senses of dementia care: --. First ...
Do you believe in magic? : the sense and nonsense of alternative medicine (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
... the sense and nonsense of alternative medicine. [Paul A Offit] -- Medical expert Paul A. Offit, M.D., offers a scathing exposé ... Your list has reached the maximum number of items. Please create a new list with a new name; move some items to a new or ... Your list has reached the maximum number of items. Please create a new list with a new name; move some items to a new or ... Sign In , Register , My WorldCat , My Lists , My Watchlist , My Reviews , My Tags , My Saved Searches ...
The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense by Gad Saad
He was listed as one of the "hot" professors of Concordia University in both the 2001 and 2002 Macleans reports on Canadian ... "Common sense is not so common".. - Voltaire. Good news folks. We are living in the 21st century and we dont even understand ... I opened the book expecting to read a few pages and get a sense of the overall tone, then stayed up til 3 AM finishing nearly ... Its either "common sense", "obvious" or "as clear as existence of Sun". Prof. Saad talks in analogies instead in arguments and ...
How to make sense of the common prior assumption under incomplete information
Get papers listed. Have your research listed on RePEc. Open a RePEc archive. Have your institutions/publishers output listed ... "How to make sense of the common prior assumption under incomplete information," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer; ... repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2003:i:11:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS * Ziv Hellman, 2014. "Countable spaces and common priors," ... repec:wsi:igtrxx:v:08:y:2006:i:01:n:s0219198906000795 is not listed on IDEAS * Hellman, Ziv, 2011. "Iterated expectations, ...
The Sight of Love (Senses of Love Book 2) by Kyle Shoop
Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list » ... His new "Senses of Love" series is a romance series that provides rewarding and inspirational stories.. Kyle is also the author ... His new "Senses of Love" series is a romance series that provides rewarding and inspirational stories.. Kyle is also the author ... Experience the second book in the compelling "Senses of Love" series. ...more ...
Purcell: For Mother's Day, embracing our lost sense of humor | The Daily Courier | Prescott, AZ
Five sensesTemperature Sensing2019Classification2017Geographic informaDescribesDetectionAngie's ListCommon SenseToolboxMethodsSmellOrgansIntroducesTheoreticalBrainMaking SenseSensibilityApplicationsVersatileSensorsPathwaysMakeRotten TomatoesMakes senseRemoteInvestigate the senseLearn1995BlastAmericaSystemSensationTechnologiesTongueExperienceMAILING LISTTasksBookResearchPlaceFocusesTimeOwnershipTasteWish ListCatalog
- is a colorful, engaging picture/storybook that introduces students to the brain and the five senses as they solve mystery picture puzzles. (bioedonline.org)
- The students will listen to stories about the five senses. (scholastic.com)
- Choose read-aloud books about the five senses. (scholastic.com)
- You will need one book about all five senses and additional books about individual senses. (scholastic.com)
- I like to use My Five Senses by Aliki Brandenberg, The Five Senses series by Maria Ruis, J. M. Parramón, and J.J. Puig, and Sense Suspense by Bruce McMillan. (scholastic.com)
- You can use your own books or refer to the Books About the Five Senses section of my book list for more suggestions. (scholastic.com)
- Label a sheet of chart paper for each of the five senses. (scholastic.com)
- Make a class set of the Five-Senses Mask Template and Directions printable (or only pages 52 and 53). (scholastic.com)
- If you want students to complete the Home Connection activity, make a class set of the Five Senses Recording Sheet printable. (scholastic.com)
- Temperature Sensing and Transmission. (wiley.com)
- Open Senses: Ideas in Progress is a series of events throughout 2018, all hosted at Rich Mix, which will build organically towards the next Open Senses Festival in 2019. (richmix.org.uk)
- Jim Barnes and Jay Clark coached the 2019 Indian River volleyball team, which listed 14 players on the roster. (capegazette.com)
- MATLAB Active Learning Toolbox for Remote Sensing Image Classification, including: Semisupervised Manifold Alignment of Multimodal Remote Sensing Images, active set method, class-regularized optimal transport (python). (grss-ieee.org)
- Open Senses was launched in May 2017 as the world's first festival dedicated to sensory practice and research - uniting a diverse group of practitioners dedicated to exploring the senses. (richmix.org.uk)
- Open Senses is the world's first festival devoted to sensorial practice and research, launched in May 2017 at 25 London venues. (richmix.org.uk)
- Remote sensing and geographic information systems (GIS) are inherently linked technologies. (librarything.com)
- Given a shared sense of humour is the force that forges and binds so many relationships, losing hers has been particularly painful for Lorayne - she describes the shift as part of her "personality slowly diminishing", transforming her from a woman with "a really witty sense of humour and a happy-go-lucky personality" to someone so quiet she barely recognises herself. (telegraph.co.uk)
- This lesson discusses your toolbox containing 11 senses and describes how to use your senses to do almost every task you choose as a visually impaired person. (afb.org)
- A significant body of theoretical and empirical studies describes 'sense of place' as an outcome of interconnected psychological, social and environmental processes in relation to physical place(s). (routledge.com)
- A phosphorescent nanoparticle based probe for sensing and imaging of (intra)cellular oxygen in multiple detection modalities. (ucc.ie)
- By developing 3 technologies, a range of products, 4 components and 5 different IoT compatible sensing boards, IAQSense brings breakthrough solutions close to the market for volatile molecule sensing in buildings, chemical threats detection, medical applications. (europa.eu)
- His scientific work focused on optical and microwave observations, modeling, analysis and interpretation of complex data.His expertise includes the development and application of advanced remote sensing technologies for ocean studies and detection purposes. (routledge.com)
- Sign up to stay in touch with Angie's List. (angieslist.com)
- Re: The Talk2 List Common sense: dead! (mail-archive.com)
- Subject: The Talk2 List Common sense: dead! (mail-archive.com)
- Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. (mail-archive.com)
- Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). (mail-archive.com)
- Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. (mail-archive.com)
- Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. (mail-archive.com)
- Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. (mail-archive.com)
- We want to have safety," Ms. Bachmann said, "but at the same time we want to have some common sense. (nclnet.org)
- When it comes to foodborne illnesses, safety and common sense is often the same thing: government oversight helps ensure a safer food supply. (nclnet.org)
- Sounds like common sense to me. (nclnet.org)
- Overview: The Common Sense Guide to Dementia for Clinicians and Caregivers provides an easy-to-read, practical, and thoughtful approach to dementia care. (worldcat.org)
- Designed to enhance the physician-caregiver interaction and liberally illustrated with case examples, The Common Sense Guide espouses general principles of dementia care that apply across the stages and spectrum of this illness, including non-Alzheimer's types of dementia, in addition to Alzheimer's disease. (worldcat.org)
- Dr. Gad Saad, the host of the YouTube show THE SAAD TRUTH, exposes the bad ideas-what he calls "idea pathogens"-that are killing common sense and rational debate. (goodreads.com)
- Common sense is 235 years old. (spectator.org)
- Common Sense, that is: The 18th-century pamphlet by the Englishman Thomas Paine that argued beautifully for independence from British rule in just 48 pages. (spectator.org)
- While this opus is still very much alive in classrooms, websites, and C-Span Television screens across the nation, the other "common sense" is very much dead. (spectator.org)
- Common sense tells me that this seeking of external advice - this self-help culture - did not originate in Paine's day not least because American colonists were, ipso facto, the self-reliant sort who thrived on using their thinker to seek solutions. (spectator.org)
- This handy, user-friendly compilation offers tried and true suggestions that tie in with humankind's innate common sense and the need to become more self-reliant in today's ever-changing world. (amazing1.com)
- Click the button below to add the Common Sense Survival Guide to your wish list. (amazing1.com)
- If you want to get your Ketogenic Diet back to a place of Common Sense and learn how to heal your metabolism you can get personalized coaching from Coach Jack. (commonsenseketogenics.com)
- Increasingly, individuals like Stevie Bull, who show initiative and break the rules when a situation demands they be broken, are frowned upon (even reprimanded) in Tickbox Britain, that godforsaken land where courage and common sense go to die. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Read Common Sense Media's full review of Twitch , then check out some of parents' most frequently asked questions about the platform and how to use it safely, below. (commonsensemedia.org)
- Twitch requires that users be at least 13 years old to use their platform, but Common Sense recommends Twitch for teens 15+. (commonsensemedia.org)
- If your kid wants to watch someone play a specific game, read the Common Sense Media review to find out our age recommendation. (commonsensemedia.org)
- BEAM is a toolbox for viewing, analyzing and processing of remote sensing data. (grss-ieee.org)
- Praha, Nakladatelstwvi Ceskoslovenske Akademie Ved, 1953- Richard A. Parker - The Calendars of Ancient Egypt, Chicago, The University of Chicago Press, 1950- Anthony John Spalinger, download signal theory methods in multispectral remote sensing. (thelostdogs.com)
- Braunsche hofbuchdruckerei, 1910- download signal theory methods in multispectral remote sensing. (thelostdogs.com)
- Furthermore, it expands the analysis of remote sensing methods, models, and techniques and focuses on a high-resolution multiband imaging observation concept . (routledge.com)
- The receptor cells send signals to the brain, where they are combined with information from the sense of smell to create what you experience as flavor. (bioedonline.org)
- The sense of smell also contributes to the flavors we experience. (bioedonline.org)
- Students use four different flavors of dry soft drink mix to investigate the sense of smell, and learn that the nose can detect very small particles in air, and transmit the information to the brain where it helps to recognize, remember and identify scents. (bioedonline.org)
- Much like taste, the sense of smell allows us to detect chemicals in the environment. (bioedonline.org)
- With the sense of smell, molecules carried through the air and into the nose land on the moist lining (olfactory epithelium) of the nasal passages and bind to olfactory neurons in the lining. (bioedonline.org)
- The sense of smell is closely related to memory and emotions. (bioedonline.org)
- How does our sense of smell work? (bioedonline.org)
- Several studies performed over the last decade suggest that repeated short-term exposure to smells may help people who have lost their sense of smell. (thenextweb.com)
- In particular, those who have lost their sense of smell as the result of viruses, such as the common cold, appear to benefit . (thenextweb.com)
- No doubt you are familiar with the five primary senses: vision (ocular), touch (tactile), hearing (auditory), smell (olfactory), and taste (gustatory). (afb.org)
- It is claimed that smell does affect our emotional register directly - where as all other of our four senses goes through the brain. (google.com)
- For example, mammals , in general, have a stronger sense of smell than humans. (wikipedia.org)
- During sensation, sense organs engage in stimulus collection and transduction . (wikipedia.org)
- The course introduces sensing and instrumentation for various engineering applications. (abdn.ac.uk)
- Sensing and Imaging publishes peer-reviewed theoretical and experimental papers addressing sensing and imaging technologies and applications in engineering and science. (springer.com)
- Instead, Ghose and his colleagues hypothesize that the brain can learn an internal sense of time for all tasks, whether it's meeting a friend for coffee or playing the piano. (mnn.com)
- All of the senses are connected to the brain. (bioedonline.org)
- and discover how the brain and the senses are connected. (bioedonline.org)
- Extra Baggs: It's 'uh-oh' time for Giants, Bumgarner joins an exclusive list, making sense of Tim Hudson's second career relief appearance, etc. (mercurynews.com)
- Making Sense! (bioedonline.org)
- A history of the diverse and changing nature of biological explanation in a particularly charged field, Making Sense of Life draws our attention to the temporal, disciplinary, and cultural components of what biologists mean, and what they understand, when they propose to explain life. (harvard.edu)
- Sense and Sensibility is a 1995 British period drama film directed by Ang Lee. (wikipedia.org)
- Sense and Sensibility was released to cinemas on 15 December 1995, and earned a total worldwide gross of $134,582,776. (wikipedia.org)
- Sense and Sensibility garnered various accolades following its release, ranging from the main cast's performances to Thompson's screenwriting. (wikipedia.org)
- Sense and Sensibility received the most award recognition out of the many Austen adaptations of the 1990s. (wikipedia.org)
- Sense and Sensibility is a 1995 British period drama film directed by Ang Lee and based on Jane Austen 's 1811 novel of the same name . (wikipedia.org)
- Sense and Sensibility contributed to a resurgence in popularity for Austen's works, and has led to many more productions in similar genres. (wikipedia.org)
- Originally published in 1997, this book brought together work by leaders in the field to address improved techniques, applications and research in integrated remote sensing and geographical information systems. (librarything.com)
- Dr. Victor Raizer, physicist and researcher, has more than 30 years of experience in remote sensing and its applications. (routledge.com)
- The OpenFoundry Resource Catalog lists professional resources and applications related to the development of open source software. (openfoundry.org)
- Major part of the course will consider case studies of sensing and instrumentation for various engineering applications and is suitable for all engineering and non-engineering students to learn about sensing and instrumentation. (abdn.ac.uk)
- It is evident that over the last few decades, sense of place has developed into a versatile construct. (routledge.com)
- This is despite a huge effort to develop innovative molecular sensors over the past 20 years, which has generated thousands of papers in the literature, without delivering a practical solution to the real issues associated with distributed environmental sensing. (europa.eu)
- Sensing - Types of sensors - Conditioning - Processing & representation (frequency domain, time domain, polar plots, etc. (abdn.ac.uk)
- Innovations are directed toward developing smart and intelligent sensors with functionalities beyond sensing. (frost.com)
- Open Senses: Ideas in Progress is a chance to bring the community together on a regular basis, with the goal of opening up pathways for experimentation and collaboration. (richmix.org.uk)
- If moving him is the easiest way to free up money and extend DeSean Jackson and Michael Vick , then it might make sense. (philly.com)
- How to make sense of the common prior assumption under incomplete information ," International Journal of Game Theory , Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(3), pages 409-434. (repec.org)
- Does geographic targeting of nutrition interventions make sense in cities? (ifpri.org)
- Trees appear to make the most sense in the zone closest to the stream. (ernstseed.com)
- Does it make sense to have endovenous laser ablation for just the thigh when the greater saphenous vein has reflux throughout the entire vein? (veindirectory.org)
- Coming to Our Senses is an exhilarating work, one whose erudition, verve, and span of cultural references and evidence make for fantastic reading. (indigo.ca)
- The Sixth Sense was well received by critics, with an approval rating of 85% from review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. (wikipedia.org)
- And with flooding likely to become worse as the climate changes, making farms resilient only makes sense, Herbstritt said. (ernstseed.com)
- Assuming there is good access to the GSV in the calf to introduce the EVLA catheter, I agree treating the entire GSV makes sense IF there is reflux throughout its length. (veindirectory.org)
- Not that I didn't know this, in theory, it makes sense. (hubpages.com)
- The MapReady Remote Sensing Tool Kit accepts level 1 detected SAR data, single look complex SAR data, and optical data from ASF and some other facilities. (grss-ieee.org)
- Remote sensing and GIS play a key role in studies of water resources, air quality, topography, land cover, and population location and dynamics, and specialists working at the local, regional and global levels will find this book a valuable and stimulating resource. (librarything.com)
- Given the extremely broad spatial expanse and often limited accessibility of the areas affected by forest fire, satellite remote sensing is an essential technology for gathering post-fire-related information in a cost-effective and time-saving manner [ 2 , 3 , 6 , 7 ]. (mdpi.com)
Investigate the sense1
- In this activity, learners investigate the sense of sight and develop and conduct their own experiments. (howtosmile.org)
- Film portal 1995 in film List of awards and nominations received by Emma Thompson Thompson won the Academy Award for her performance in the 1992 film Howards End. (wikipedia.org)
- But the blast has also given Osman a greater sense of duty. (chron.com)
- Hey, America, we've lost our sense of humor and we need to get it back! (dcourier.com)
- In this report, the United States Fibre Optic Sensing Monitoring System market is valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2016 and 2022. (researchmoz.us)
- The Midwest with sales (volume), revenue (value), market share and growth rate of Fibre Optic Sensing Monitoring System in these regions, from 2012 to 2022 (forecast). (researchmoz.us)
-  A sense is any of the systems involved in sensation. (wikipedia.org)
- Beyond allowing us to taste, the tongue can sense pressure, temperature and pain. (bioedonline.org)
- Experience the second book in the compelling "Senses of Love" series. (goodreads.com)
- Sense of place has been examined, particularly in human geography, in terms of both the character intrinsic to a place as a localized, bounded and material entity, and the sentiments of attachment/detachment that humans experience and express in relation to specific places. (routledge.com)
- Collect at least 25 examples of ways you can use your 11 senses to perform daily tasks. (afb.org)
- Why do people consult Oprah Winfrey, a television chat host, for what book to read… and not wonder why the very book soon ends up in the New York Times ' best-seller list? (spectator.org)
- This important book brings together work related to sense of place and health, broadly defined, from the perspective of a variety of fields and disciplines. (routledge.com)
- The NAPES project (Next Generation Analytical Platforms for Environmental Sensing, see http://www.napes.eu ) brought together ten partners (three SME Industry, five academic, and two Research Institutes) from Ireland, France, Italy, The Netherlands Spain and the UK to advance the field of environmental sensing by combining parallel 'evolutionary' and 'revolutionary' research activities. (europa.eu)
- Place all ingredients into the 72-ounce Total Crushing Pitcher in the order listed. (ninjakitchen.com)
- Scholars in a wide range of disciplines are increasingly exploring the relationship between place and health, and recently, the field of public health has been encouraged to recognize sense of place as a potential contributing factor to well-being. (routledge.com)
- This excellent collection of essays by renowned European and North American researchers from a variety of disciplines provides an important step in understanding the links between sense of place and health. (routledge.com)
- Established in 1998, as one of the brands of the Well Traveled Living product family, Fire Sense focuses on innovative design, product quality and world class customer service. (camping-gear-outlet.com)
- A sense of time is fundamental to living creatures, Ghose told LiveScience. (mnn.com)
- But you have a sense of time that's independent of all of that. (mnn.com)
- Since the internal sense of time can be learned, those who are chronically late probably can't blame a faulty internal clock , he said. (mnn.com)
- Presumably with enough training, if it was really important someone could develop a really good sense of time," he said. (mnn.com)
- The people who really don't have great senses of time have decided that it's not that important or rewarding. (mnn.com)
- We can find more reading lists than time to read. (conversationagent.com)
- They're that kind of band, Neutral Milk Hotel, or rather they were back in their first incarnation - the sort which inspired love, adoration and a proprietary sense of ownership from the fans which borders on the fanatical. (list.co.uk)
- See Wish List - Hardware:FPGA for more details. (openmoko.org)
- If you have any recommendation listing / category or bug for this resource catalog, please do not hesitate to contact us. (openfoundry.org)